Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
155 registered (ando, alfredo capurso, anamnesis, A Guy, 36251, 46 invisible), 1420 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Steinway Upright regulation problem. by Steve Senseney @ 02/28/15 11:26 AM

Time for an update. And a thank you for the advice which was given. The multiple issues I was having were corrected by better regulation. To explain in better detail-- I was noting that the action was heavy, the upper range of notes did not seem
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
As I now withdraw my tongue from my cheek... In all seriousness, adding a bit of cabinet boom (for want of a better term) is trivial. Known resonant frequencies, known notes, vibrations and harmonics that excite the cavity, etc. (please ignore double
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ 02/28/15 11:23 AM

Anita - when I first started back to piano 20 years ago I played "oom pah" with a Scottish band and the fiddles played the melody. Later the band expanded to contra dances and we played many, many Irish traditional tunes. I still played &qu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving a digital grand across country by guyl @ 02/28/15 11:23 AM

It only needs the precautions that you would need to take with any other electronic device such as a TV, etc. Mainly, avoid it getting wet in any way or in situations where condensation my harm the electronics. Other than that, pack it to avoid scrat
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sand TigerSome relaxation tips might help. Ask for a minute to center yourself. Take a deep breath. Close your eyes. Adjust the bench. Lightly touch the keys. Hum or audiate the piece you are about to play, either that or a "
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ 02/28/15 11:19 AM

At the church coffee house a 90-year old pianist plays a duet with her son. She needs a walker and a cane to get up to the bench, but her mind and voice are still clear as she announces the pieces, and playing still very good. Her son started learnin
Jump to new posts Re: N1 adding external speakers by Saskatuner @ 02/28/15 11:07 AM

Yes indeed, as Kawai James pointed out, I should maybe not be too judgey about the VPC1 having never had the opportunity to play one. Long & McQuade will order one for me, at a decent price too, but it wouldn't give me a chance to try it out fir
Jump to new posts Re: USB Audio interface for digital piano recording by WeeFeeri @ 02/28/15 11:06 AM

okay, thanks for the advices and replies.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By pianoman9 If that's actually you in the video, what are you doing counting 1, 2, 3, 4? The tempo and pulse of rhythm - two different parameters that must not be confused.
Pianist Corner
Pianoman9, it's great that you're discovering all these fine performances and I appreciate your enthusiasm but this is now beginning to border on spamming.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What can I do to eliminate "Pupil/Master" fear? by Sand Tiger @ 02/28/15 10:58 AM

Some relaxation tips might help. Ask for a minute to center yourself. Take a deep breath. Close your eyes. Adjust the bench. Lightly touch the keys. Hum or audiate the piece you are about to play, either that or a "safe" song or tune that b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Very basic question regarding Vogels als Prophet by jeffreyjones @ 02/28/15 10:58 AM

As I recall, both Casadesus and Richter played the figure as if it was a triplet.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by pianoman9 @ 02/28/15 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By pianoman9 They are still counting beats in that video! So, your point is? Grandson and myself. In fact of the matter is that there is no counting, but creating a sense of pulse. Regular counting for
Pianist Corner
Just phenomenal playing from an 18 year old! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo82ipPkTRY And of course, what more can anyone say about the great Chopin? The Andante Spianato is a fantastically beautiful piece of music. I don't think anyone's g
Jump to new posts Re: USB Audio interface for digital piano recording by ElmerJFudd @ 02/28/15 10:46 AM

Hey, Reiner. Your audio quality is not poor at all. The volume is quite good and normalization has not raised up any additional noise, at least none worth complaining about. I don't think the Roland conversion box is going to give you anything mu
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By earlofmarATOW - not sure, my teacher is trying to talk me into to starting a grade 7 piece and I am resisting. Oh how the tide has turned. Well??? Are you going to do it? What is the piece? (Yes, it is an AOTW, so congratu
Adult Beginners Forum
I do think you need a change of teacher. You need a good looking one. Then, if you get your head chewed off after a mistake or three, it`ll put a smile on your face . .
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By pianoman9 They are still counting beats in that video! So, your point is? Grandson and myself. In fact of the matter is that there is no counting, but creating a sense of pulse. Regular counting for this is not suitable - it
Adult Beginners Forum
Tony, you have lots of company. Like most things when it comes to piano, it gets better with practice. It might not ever go away completely, but after awhile it becomes a familiar companion and you learn to work around it. P.S. I'm assuming a go
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway hammer rest cushions by Chris Warren @ 02/28/15 10:25 AM

Hi Ed, The shanks are the usual 5mm or so above the felts, but when you release the keys, the hammers bounce on the felts. My technician commented that he thought they were harder than usually found on an original Steinway, so hence my question...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Yuja Wang plays Scriabin by pianoman9 @ 02/28/15 10:19 AM

Gorgeous legs, and gorgeous playing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHO4Ucw9zL4 She's definitely one the greatest piano players in the world at the moment. I'd marry her in 2 seconds! But more credit should be given to composers than to i
Jump to new posts Re: An una corda problem by rXd @ 02/28/15 10:00 AM

There are no mechanical stopping points but the whole mivent is a simple continuum from tre corda to due corda. One of my pleasures is to listen to a pianist as they acquaint themselves with a piano that they don't know. As they find the different
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by Rich Galassini @ 02/28/15 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By krikorikIt can happen to anyone http://www.company7.com/bosendorfer/april2007_275drop.html yes I remember that day without even clicking on the link. That was a hot topic here for a while, of course. As I recall, Bosendorfer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by TonyB @ 02/28/15 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By Agfinguy Tony, I took your advice and got me a Yamaha YPT-240 - it's nothing fancy but serves the purpose.. and now I can practice early in the morning and not wake anyone up. Agfinguy, Sounds like a great idea! That is a 6
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by pianoman9 @ 02/28/15 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By pianoman9 How can you feel a beat if you are not counting beats yourself? That's the way, through prosody the rhythm: They are still counting beats in that video! So, your point is? Ag
Page 114 of 121 < 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 120 121 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My 1985 Yamaha C7 is too loud
by EllieYama
03/06/15 07:51 PM
Two in-tune notes sound horrible when played together??
by dax006
03/06/15 07:47 PM
162 Years Ago...
by Plowboy
03/06/15 04:30 PM
Casio px850 vs Casio px860
by TECHFRANZ
03/06/15 03:58 PM
Pianodisc install/upgrade pros and cons?
by JustHarmony
03/06/15 03:16 PM
Forum Stats
78,429 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,150 Topics
2,380,685 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission