Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque for Beginners? by AZNpiano @ 04/12/14 01:48 AM

Maybe the editors put the anthologized works in chronological order?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by BDB @ 04/12/14 01:46 AM

Old planes get parts replaced a lot more often than old pianos. Even so, pianos last a lot longer than planes do.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 - analyse by sprehod @ 04/12/14 01:41 AM

Thanks PianoAddict and Mark_C. For other posts I will write just no comment, it goes to far.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Career Academy anyone? Alternative Piano Lessons by billrogersandiego @ 04/12/14 01:40 AM

I've been considering trying her lessons. The Youtube videos are really good very informative. And it's the Russian School of piano study.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by N17 @ 04/12/14 01:26 AM

Pianonewbie Thank you very much! As for the sound quality, it must be beginner's luck. I just run an aux cord from my headphone jack on my piano to the "microphone/line in" jack on my laptop and record through audacity. I always turn the re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by Polyphonist @ 04/12/14 01:25 AM

"The technique" meaning continuous double (and triple) notes in both hands?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Samick plans suicide for Seiler by Almaviva @ 04/12/14 01:23 AM

Enrico, I did not malign Seiler in this thread. I described their pianos as "solid", "well-regarded" and "high-quality". I simply stated that the Seiler marque has minimal name recognition or prestige in the U.S. marke
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by accordeur @ 04/12/14 01:15 AM

I don't know. Am I wrong in saying that the wings of the Spirit of St-louis were built by a piano company? That piano wire was used for the controls? Building things that need to be light weight? Don't see much wood in planes anymore. And they are
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque for Beginners? by Whizbang @ 04/12/14 01:09 AM

There's simply not a lot of amazing music for people completely new to the piano. Baroque keyboards were smaller, leading to music that doesn't rely on huge jumps. Bach (and others) wrote a primer for his wife for her birthday, certainly because Ba
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by BDB @ 04/12/14 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTBDB, You said in an earlier post that there was no evidence of long term durability of composites in pianos. Well the example I gave is composites living in the piano shop with conventional piano materials. The c
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old vs New....musicians/opinions by BDB @ 04/12/14 12:52 AM

Remember that just about any Stradivarius that you hear today bears little resemblance to the instrument that Stradivarius made. If they are set up as modern instruments, the neck has been lengthened, the fingerboard is different, the bridge and the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any recommendations on a keyboard? by Dan Clark @ 04/12/14 12:52 AM

I stand corrected. Dan.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest piano piece ever written by phantomFive @ 04/12/14 12:51 AM

I tried to play this etude when I first got it (because why not, and even if I can't play it up to speed, it wouldn't hurt to improve this particular technique which is difficult for me). I couldn't get past the first few measures without being bored
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by phantomFive @ 04/12/14 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: CorvusFor what it's worth—I was looking at a model of the kawai action at a Kawai dealer's this month, and asked the salesman why they used wood for the shank. He said that Kawai considers the shank a "tone-producing"
Piano Forum
Ed et al: why not go off and start a thread about rebuilt vs new pianos? I am sure a lot of new insights might come of it, seeing as this has only been discussed seven dozen times or so. Maybe tell us about hardened capos and light hammers for the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by pianonewbie1 @ 04/12/14 12:37 AM

SunnyFriday LarryShone Thanks for the positive comments. N17 , that was phenomenal, exact , and no distortion in sound. How?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering [Let It Go] by Derulux @ 04/12/14 12:31 AM

LH mm 9: 52-1-52 LH mm 10 has some options (I would probably use the one in bold): 53-2-21 53-2-31 52-1-42 52-1-32 For mm 17-20, there are tons of options. 5314 2121 | 2353 2121 | 5215 2312 | 5215 2121 5315 4212 | 1351 5212 | 5212 1412 | 5312 13
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Baroque for Beginners? by AZ_Astro @ 04/12/14 12:29 AM

It seems like most of the method books that I have seen have a preponderance of baroque pieces at the start. If I had to guess, I would say this is because they are: 1) Short 2) Pithy 3) Fun to play 4) Musical 5) A good finger workout 6) good for t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pics of my new Feurich 172 by Dara @ 04/12/14 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyThe Scouting movement started by Lord Baden Powell and Kuybayah? Hardly. With no interest in taking this thread off topic again, yes Marty , Kumbaya is associated with the Scouting movement. I ought to know as
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Samick plans suicide for Seiler by michaelha @ 04/12/14 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Enrico Now saying that the ED version of these pianos is stellar and in many cases a concert pianist cannot tell the difference between the two versions of the same exact piano built in two different places. SMC has done anyth
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest piano piece ever written by Piano Doug @ 04/12/14 12:08 AM

But the picture you are referring to in Wikipedia is labeled "Playing Range." It doesn't say "Written Range." Playing range = sounding range. If you click on the label "Playing Range" at the top of the picture, it tak
Piano Forum
Kerman is very right. Bad pianos are those with an attitude. I have just been in a home with a quite bad piano, but also with a bad daughter. They were a good match. In spite of the lovely parents, both daughter and piano had an attitude problem. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 - analyse by Mark_C @ 04/11/14 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Piano Doug....So, I really don't get it. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. You got it fine.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Samick plans suicide for Seiler by michaelha @ 04/11/14 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: AlmavivaKurtZ, Who is Mike Carr? Searched for Mike Carr and it's coming back to me. Didn't realize he got banned. Last thread I think I remember him in he was going off on laminate soundboards in Hailuns. I didn't realize
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata no.3 - analyse by Atrys @ 04/11/14 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Piano Doug Perhaps someone can enlighten me. If you haven't understood the thread so far, you never will.
Page 114 of 129 < 1 2 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 128 129 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
98 registered (anotherscott, bennevis, angelsong, 36251, 24 invisible), 1344 Guests and 39 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153540 Topics
2250150 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano song requests?
by kent2012
04/18/14 08:19 AM
Requests?
by kent2012
04/18/14 08:06 AM
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
04/18/14 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
04/17/14 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
04/17/14 11:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission