Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
That's super-cool Sam. You should send him a tape of your playing just to really show him how much of an influence he really was to you. I would think that would blow him away!
Adult Beginners Forum
It's funny what will inspire us. I got my inspiration from an 11 yr old girl who responded when I asked her if she plays everyday, "fer sure! I love to play." Then in a low voice she told me, "When I practice in the morning before scho
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by hreichgott @ 04/14/14 08:37 PM

Rachmaninoff Quote:isn't on any 'top 10 romantic composer's' lists Therefore Quote:People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. ... I guess that would be true if people were only capable of liking 10 composers? (for what it's worth, my soundclo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sensational review of pianist Paul Lewis in NY Times by asthecrowflies @ 04/14/14 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevis When you have pianists like Douglas who can play all the notes as the composer wrote them (and with great flair and panache), why would you settle for someone who (seemingly) can't? That's right, who needs interpreta
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Improvisation in E major by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 08:32 PM

This piece consists of three sections, which represent in miniature the three movements of a sonata. Enjoy. My performance: http://picosong.com/epjB/
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Astin Weight Uprite - Reduce touchweight? by freelife @ 04/14/14 08:29 PM

Has anyone regulated Astin Weight uprights? I'm working on one of their 50" "Upright Grands" built in 1984 Although the keys weigh off at a typical 50 grams, the customer complained that the action "feels" somewhat heavy and
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CLP-440 by JosephAC @ 04/14/14 08:29 PM

Thanks for your informative response. I will settle for the Camera Connection Kit adaptor as I happen to have it. My next question: what are the most popular and recommended iPad apps that make use of the connection to display play notes, recordi
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ 04/14/14 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: toddy Perhaps in a moment of panic on a darkened stage, you could mix up the sockets - the angle of the panel is towards to the floor so you'd have to feel your way. Your fingers could conceivably identify two of the XLR pins as
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by ando @ 04/14/14 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: toddyOriginally Posted By: ando They really aren't that similar. You'd have to be quite determined to get the power plug in the XLR socket. Sorry, I'm going with stupidity and/or negligence on anyone who can mess this up. Pe
Adult Beginners Forum
Made it, hopefully not the last submittal. Once again, the recording process was a moment of truth and a learning experience. Thanks for starting this off last Oct., Richard. Friday night, I was at the point of not wanting to hear the piece or mis
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by 36251 @ 04/14/14 08:22 PM

They should just make caps for XLR, attached like a gas cap. You take them off when you have the cables.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by pv88 @ 04/14/14 08:21 PM

@JoelW, You bring up a good point as we might as well post recordings in some of the other forums - and, see how it goes. Good advice!
Piano Forum
Collard and Collard was one of the oldest piano companies. They have an interesting history, which may be summarised thus (copied from the "Antique Piano Shop site). "The illustrious Collard & Collard Piano Company was originally esta
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Piano*Dad @ 04/14/14 08:16 PM

Quote:A stencil piano is one that is manufactured with no markings to identify it. This allowed local stores to have stencils of their own name made and, once applied to the anonymous carcass, allowed them to sell the pianos into their markets at wha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Good Reason Not To Remove The Wheels? by Nelson Muntz @ 04/14/14 08:15 PM

Thanks for the replies and insights. I wasn't planning on simply taking off the casters as the lyre would be crushed, as pointed out several times, nor would I throw them away. My plan was to build small pedestals of the hardwood flooring I just put
Adult Beginners Forum
I liked him in Predators
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by toddy @ 04/14/14 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: ando They really aren't that similar. You'd have to be quite determined to get the power plug in the XLR socket. Sorry, I'm going with stupidity and/or negligence on anyone who can mess this up. Perhaps in a moment of panic
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ 04/14/14 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: GLROriginally Posted By: Kawai JamesThank you for the confirmation Jay. I wonder why the power inlet was changed on the RD-800? James x I was wondering something like that myself. More importantly
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CLP-440 Connectivity by JosephAC @ 04/14/14 08:09 PM

Thanks earlofmar and jamie for pointing in the right direction.
Jump to new posts Re: Midi Keyboards with Looper and PC by Var @ 04/14/14 08:07 PM

It looks like the Korg and JamMan are going to be my first purchases after all. I spoke with a rep from a store selling both, and while I can't upload several layers pre-stacked, there is a way to upload one at a time for layering in a DAW. This shou
Jump to new posts New recording - Roland V-Piano by pv88 @ 04/14/14 08:06 PM

Hi, everyone: Recording review request: https://app.box.com/s/r6tvgw77klwblpt34yin 1) As for the piano: I would be interested to hear from any/all musicians (especially if you are a professional pianist) to see how I have fared in the recording a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Really need help - stuck in a bad rut by Michael Martinez @ 04/14/14 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: jjoCan't say that I've ever used the b13 for the root of a voicing, but I guess it's possible. Cool, man. For this example, think F as a pedal point (key of Bb).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by pianonewbie1 @ 04/14/14 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwspianonewbie1 What`s with this "Beer, please" business? That`s what underage drinkers ask for . . . and get shown the door! Yes; it happened to me . . . . few years ago now. I was being humorous,. But seri
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by JoelW @ 04/14/14 07:58 PM

I honestly think the Members Recordings sub-forum should be trashed and people should just post their recordings in the Pianists Corner forum. It gets more view traffic, and a sub-forum for member recordings is really quite unnecessary in my opinion.
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by pv88 @ 04/14/14 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: pv881) Do you ever give reviews or comments on other members recordings? I used to, but I have mainly ceased to do so. I think the issue might be that if we all do as you do above then no one
Page 120 of 131 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 130 131 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (bennevis, Al LaPorte, 38 invisible), 1516 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153622 Topics
2251627 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tunelab alternative partial settings?
by Beemer
Today at 04:52 AM
Noodling board
by Maarkr
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
When a beginner is not a beginner anymore?
by Eight Octaves
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission