Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
In the choir where I sing we have an important rule: Never mention to the audience mistakes done by yourself or by others in the choir during a concert. I think it is wise to apply that rule for recitals like this one too. Flaws and mistakes that a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang pianos? by Minnesota Marty @ 04/14/14 12:30 PM

Michael, I believe that it does. It's an old marketing technique which has proven to be successful. There are many shoppers with an Auntie who just loved here 'Such&Such" and will buy on that knowledge/reference alone.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by ClsscLib @ 04/14/14 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_C ...The same thing applies nowadays, when the chords are played by non-keyboard instruments -- like, in orchestras, chamber groups, and choirs, probably even if a keyboard is playing along with them although maybe not to a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: DanSI think he means the 3rd page, 5th measure Bnatural Yes, that's the note. here i drew a red circle around it, in case someone still doesn't understand what note i'm talking about http://s271.photobucket.com/user/svenshes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "with pedal" meaning by Yamaha Player @ 04/14/14 12:28 PM

Thanks for that DanL , my theory knowledge and experience is not that great but I should be able to work it out.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: EldridgeIf he can do justice to the Brahms first, why would he need to simplify the Wanderer Fantasy? It begs the question - is he playing all the notes in the Brahms? The missing notes in the Schubert are pretty obvious to an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which one? by terminaldegree @ 04/14/14 12:26 PM

Yeah, but the bottom of the barrel wasn't as good 11 years ago...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "with pedal" meaning by DanL @ 04/14/14 12:21 PM

It merely means that the sustain pedal is to be used in the piece. If there's no other pedal markings, it's up to you to decide on how to use the pedal. However, according to my own experience, when the "With pedal" marking appear on the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time ever with an acoustic piano ! by LarryShone @ 04/14/14 12:19 PM

Congratulations! I remember the first time I laid my hands on an acoustic. It was magical!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by prout @ 04/14/14 12:18 PM

Very nicely done. Beautiful lines and voicing. A pleasure to hear. Thank you.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: drumourA partial answer to one of your questions. In the major/minor tonal system a German 6th sounds and behaves quite differently to the exact same notes as a dominant 7th in a different context. Examining why this is the case
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which one? by swampwiz @ 04/14/14 12:15 PM

I was about to say it was difficult, but here is one @ Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Suzuki-gran...=item3cdfa9009c Even if it's not truly "mint", it's only 11 years old. Of course, you realize that to get one at this age, where it s
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve Sight reading by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: currawongOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: AZNpianoBelieve it or not, math (fractions, proportions) is also intrinsic to sight reading. Poor sight readers are likely to be really bad at math, too. That is ve
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq and Reverb . . by dmd @ 04/14/14 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: stamkorgGood to hear your system is ok now, I am an happy Pianoteq's user too and am waiting the new V5 which is supposed to be there until the end of may. My preference is the U4 "Black", it sing in the house with it
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: pv881) Do you ever give reviews or comments on other members recordings? I used to, but I have mainly ceased to do so.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Clair de Lune - Four hands? Two pianos? Cadenzas? by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: JoelWOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneClare de Lune is a lovely perfect piece! I want to learn it b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Question about estate planning by swampwiz @ 04/14/14 12:05 PM

I am wondering if anyone has given any thought about what to do upon his untimely demise. I suppose that folks that have children that play and want to keep, the question is easy. I would think the best thing to do is to find a local dealer and let
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering an August Forster 125 by kapelli @ 04/14/14 12:04 PM

Firstly sorry about your wife. Grand piano is beautiful by itself, so you need to convince her. Or put in in another room if you have place. Or tell her, that veritable are ugly things, and show her bosendorfer Klimt - maybe she will love it and sho
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Silencing PX150 by bharatbash @ 04/14/14 12:04 PM

Are those Grado SR60's ?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in E flat (this is a good one!) by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: larryzWould it be totally wrong to compare this piece in both rythm, harmony and style to Erik Saties sarabandes? I do see some resemblance, yes. Steve, ChopinAddict, and Joel, thank you for your input. Batuhan, please stop t
Pianist Corner
If he can do justice to the Brahms first, why would he need to simplify the Wanderer Fantasy?
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations and opinions. by Marko in Boston @ 04/14/14 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: peterws I used to play the organ at a Crematorium for a living . . . Why am I not surprised
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by GLR @ 04/14/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesThank you for the confirmation Jay. I wonder why the power inlet was changed on the RD-800? James x I was wondering something like that myself. More importantly why were both sockets designed so similar that they
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts "with pedal" meaning by Yamaha Player @ 04/14/14 11:52 AM

Some sheet music I have just has the term With Pedal at the very beginning (below the bass clef lines)with no other mention of Pedal or any of the normal pedal related notation markings. I was wondering how I should treat this With Pedal direction ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Being an ex shipyard worker, some o` my comments are a bit ripe. I remember once at a college in Middlesborough, the class of engineering students taught this Pakistani guy to swear. So he did. In class . . . .
Page 128 of 136 < 1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 135 136 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (accordeur, angga888, antony, Ashish, Anne'sson, 33 invisible), 1231 Guests and 41 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153619 Topics
2251517 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Noodling board
by Maarkr
04/20/14 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
04/20/14 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
04/20/14 08:18 PM
When a beginner is not a beginner anymore?
by Eight Octaves
04/20/14 08:09 PM
DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner'
by Hal Freedman
04/20/14 07:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission