Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ernesto Nazareth - Eponina by Michael Forbes @ 04/13/14 01:55 PM

Lovely, Glen. Very listenable and soothing.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: alfredo capurso Hi Ed, ..."Once the piano's shortcomings have been averaged, the WT alterations maintain the octave values while dramatically changing the values of the thirds and sixths, and slightly changing the value
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: calling all sound engineers by Charles Cohen @ 04/13/14 01:54 PM

One problem: . . . Tweeters tend to be directive. So if your tweeters are pointed up, and your head is beside the speaker, you're getting "direct-wave" bass (at full volume), and "reflected-wave" highs. If the sound is somewhat
Jump to new posts Re: Why the switch from Well-Temperament to Equal-Temperament? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 04/13/14 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BDB Key signatures of most songs were chosen according to the voices they were written for or sold to. That does not explain how whole musicals by Rogers & Hammerstein and Cole Porter have very specific key signatures tha
Piano Forum
Sounds good to me! Certainly a respected make!
Originally Posted By: TunewerkIt's so good to have the scholarly and tempered contributions here of Ed and Prout. Thanks for making an old topic so new and enriching. It's easy to see for me here.. maybe others?.. that argument around this topic is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ 04/13/14 01:50 PM

LarryShone When you go from G min to E flat major, you only move one finger on one note. That is very efficient playing. You enjoyed yourself here, and we did listening. Now, I`m having a look at the number of notes I can stuff into a chord. The
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by Atrys @ 04/13/14 01:47 PM

We are absolutely at a disadvantage as far as acquiring and performing with the right hand. We simply cannot process as much information in the right hand, and we have less control over it. Not only is the ability in our right hand maximally limited,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ 04/13/14 01:42 PM

Thanks Recaredo! I enjoyed listening to it this morning. What a beautiful piece. I've never listened to any music by Wilhelm F. Bach. Thanks for the introduction!
Jump to new posts Re: Why the switch from Well-Temperament to Equal-Temperament? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 04/13/14 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed Sutton “Reverse Well-Temperament” is Bill Bremmer’s term for what he says is an error committed by many 20th century tuners, who unknowingly reverse the circle of colors of the Victorian temperament. This would be tuned by r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by SunnyFriday @ 04/13/14 01:41 PM

kenjazz, thanks for the info about BIAB - I will check it out. Inlanding, I will definitely visit your links. I really enjoy listening to you play. l t t - nice job on the recital. I especially enjoyed the waltz, you seemed very comfortable playing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by peterws @ 04/13/14 01:39 PM

Amaruk Settings for drums and bass were default except piano which had reverb only added. I`ll remember to turn down the bass next time . . . I don`t know how to do it when it`s been recorded. I`m pretty sure you can though . . .before it gets sent
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a digital piano action quieter? by o0Ampy0o @ 04/13/14 01:31 PM

Thank you all for advancing mankind closer to a better world with quiet DP's. You each have earned a space in history. Words, pictures and videos posted where everyone can access them ....we are so fortunate. Not having taken apart any DP I suspect
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube by Orange Soda King @ 04/13/14 01:21 PM

More videos! Selections from Bach's WTC, Book 1 Selections from Bach's WTC, Book 2 Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit and Chopin's complete Preludes Beethoven: Andante Favori, Sonata in A-flat Major Op. 26, Six Bagatelles Op. 126, Sonata i
Jump to new posts Re: String motion over Vee bar by Beemer @ 04/13/14 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: OlekThat is a good question. There is a bit of leeway with the pin/block and not couple. My goal is to have a similar "orientation" of each pin, but if you take in account the different NFL length this may be untrue
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ABF Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS by chopinoholic @ 04/13/14 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Greener Originally Posted By: chopinoholic Is it possible to replace a recording after the deadline? Not in the recital thread. Have you read the instructions? I thought I did. I'll go through them again. Originally Posted
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by Minnesota Marty @ 04/13/14 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: JustplayAttention Rickster: How can the thread: "Baldwin BP190 = Impressive... Kudos to Baldwin" be a self promotion and this one not be. This thread is an open invitation to a recital on an historic instrument. Not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music school selling pianos on consignment..? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/13/14 01:05 PM

I think the economics of a US and Canadian music school preclude adequate revenue for all the "normal" costs of a stand alone location in typical business district real estate. Unless it is in a very low overhead location. The rate teachers
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by rnaple @ 04/13/14 01:00 PM

lean to tail .... Congratulations! That was real nice. Glad you posted it! So many let Recital's get to them. Put Recital's in their place. Not your performance. The environment of the Recital. Think about it. Really doesn't mean anything. Teacher
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by Justplay @ 04/13/14 12:58 PM

Attention Rickster: How can the thread: "Baldwin BP190 = Impressive... Kudos to Baldwin" be a self promotion and this one not? I don't visit PW very much anymore as there is bias for sure, but come-on really? Rich Galassini promotes his
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by Tweedpipe @ 04/13/14 12:56 PM

Rich, I too would have loved to have attended your event. Unfortunately there's an ocean (and a bit) between us. Perhaps one day. Hope everything goes well.
Jump to new posts Re: calling all sound engineers by craig son of berg @ 04/13/14 12:53 PM

thanks larry I was actually thinking about this myself. Only problem is this is really going to raise the piano. I might just try it though. BTW speaker is not facing a wall. Its pointing to the ceiling. on a side note.. that px3 in the picture wi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by BrainCramp @ 04/13/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: KreislerCarlos is right - you have to use the channel search feature. Go to the channel at youtube.com/uipianoped and click on the little magnifying glass. To bring up a level playlist, search for "imta level" - you'l
Jump to new posts Re: Cp 4 vs rd 800 vs mp 11 by anotherscott @ 04/13/14 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: Enthusiast The RD700NX/800 still has my favourtie pipe organ (mid pipe organ patch) of all the onboard pipe organs I've had a try of. Yeah, but how often do people use a pipe organ? Very commo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: END WORLD HUNGER! by jotur @ 04/13/14 12:45 PM

Cathy
Page 129 of 137 < 1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 136 137 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (accordeur, Atrys, anotherscott, A Guy, 47 invisible), 1422 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153592 Topics
2251042 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX 850
by ryand90
Today at 07:41 PM
Am I Too Old?
by HatemTarek22
Today at 07:34 PM
New 52" upright with 10K budget?
by WCSdancer
Today at 07:26 PM
give up on old acoustics and buy a digital?
by carojm36
Today at 06:41 PM
I think I have a problem
by JoelW
Today at 05:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission