Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
99 registered (alerique, 821, Al LaPorte, ando, Amsterdampianist, 25 invisible), 1152 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 145 progression by zrtf90 @ Today at 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By johan dOriginally Posted By FarmerjonesAs others have mentioned, familiarize yourself with how a minor chord interacts within a major key. Okay. So play a C Major scale and then play a C minor triad and listen to the interaction
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By corinne12I usually sleep 10 hours but this past Monday I only slept 7 hours and I began practicing at around 5:30 am. I know, I need to get at least 8 hours. Wow, I'm very lucky if I can get 5 hours straight without ever waking
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Yamaha YDP-S52 by peterws @ Today at 05:21 AM

I suspect your lass picked up somsthing about the Roland that I did when I bpught mine. I loved the Yamaha I had, but dont regret getting thr R. The resonances make it for me. I did buy a small bass practice amp to improve the response, which I t
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: a Finale stem length issue by gioioso @ Today at 05:00 AM

Hello Michael, The standard stem length is one octave (i.e. 3½ stave spaces) from the centre of the notehead. This means that some stems will in fact end on a staff line. So, Finale did it correctly. I refer to the citation in the book "Behind
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with reading structure by Muove @ Today at 04:56 AM

Oh, I meant that this kind of structure (with repeats and dal segnos and a coda) is complicated if you're not (yet) used to reading music. On the other hand it's a good exercise to understand how to find your way in sheet music. As for the complexit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with reading structure by imustlearn @ Today at 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By MuoveYeah, this is quite complicated. You would play it as follows: 1-4 5-12 5-10 13-33 13-14 34-40 It would be useful for you to look up following terms: 'dal segno' (D.S.) and 'dal coda' (D.C.) The 'box' is called a coda and
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by sam abdel @ Today at 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose there are plenty of music degrees that don't require piano mastery. Regarding your first question, there are no limits to what you can attain through your return to piano lessons and practicing two hours a day. Yo
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Frédéric L @ Today at 04:37 AM

If the noise disappear when you unplug the USB link, it is a ground loop noise. There exist ground loop filter for audio link or USB link. Insert one of these filters and you should suppress the noise.
Jump to new posts Re: Physispiano K4-K5 - new master 88/76 keys by EssBrace @ Today at 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi, i prefer Kawai RHII or Roland PHA4 Concert key action over any Fatar, included their top of the line TP40 wood tri sensor. Not only is for the feelling theme, is about reliability too. Cheers!... Oh shut up. No
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by sam abdel @ Today at 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgott Regarding a degree, what would be the purpose of going back to school, are you looking to change careers? No. I'm happy where I am (career). I want to go back to school and finish my last two years of undergrad...
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Celdor @ Today at 04:20 AM

Hi guys, I have manage to configure everything. I had to take analogue signal from headphone's output to the DP "Audio In" input. I found out there is sort of buzz high frequency noise which changes whenever I operate the laptop (MacBook P
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by roytheboy @ Today at 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By CeldorIf I am not mistaken, such DAW as Reaper has option to overdub a track or its chunk with non-destructive manner meaning you can listen previous and new version of it. It's I think still in the same file or session. Reaper
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by sam abdel @ Today at 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottUsually for a busy 45-year-old adult the only limits are practice time. Sounds like that's not as much a problem for you. Have a wonderful time and enjoy the music. Probably some things will seem very familiar from your
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Today at 04:17 AM

Hi Giacomo, Thanks for the encouragement. It's such an emotional journey - we have so many hopes and ambitions and ....let's face it, as adults we are constantly fighting the "I really should be able to do this, and do it well" syndrome!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts An impro by Nikolas @ Today at 04:15 AM

While checking out Mark Polishoock's website, I came across a lovely version of Caravan, with him playing. Taking advantage of the rhythmic idea, I went ahead and did my own version (Without lots of though really), so... here it is... https://sound
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by dire tonic @ Today at 04:14 AM

re dealers vs online, I bought the VPC1 from a local dealer having invited him to match an online price, which he agreed to do. He wouldn't otherwise have stocked it. Had there been q/c or transit issues at the time I felt more comfortable being abl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with reading structure by Muove @ Today at 04:14 AM

Yeah, this is quite complicated. You would play it as follows: 1-4 5-12 5-10 13-33 13-14 34-40 It would be useful for you to look up following terms: 'dal segno' (D.S.) and 'dal coda' (D.C.) The 'box' is called a coda and is used as an ending.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Celdor @ Today at 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By roytheboy[quote=Maartin]I've given my reasons why I think it's a bad idea Well, maybe it's a bad idea for you but frankly between destructive and non-destructive overdubbing I am pleased Roland has chosen the latter. How would I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by casinitaly @ Today at 04:04 AM

This thread has been reported multiple times. Guapo Gabacho - you seem to be here only to sling mud and insult - knock it off. For the rest of you - it seems you have some valuable information to be shared. Can you not do that without being offens
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Assistance with reading structure by imustlearn @ Today at 03:49 AM

Hi Everyone , I was wondering if anyone has anytime to help me with a piece ( Yuhki Kuramoto - Lake Louise ) with the order of play. As I can't fluently read music ,I've decided to assign each bar with a number, hoping you guys can easily under
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by JLmac @ Today at 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By kpembrookOf course it's way out of tune. Wonder why you didn't have it tuned before taking a recording? Being out of tune is at least distracting. I had tuned it recently myself (except for the top octaves). So it being horribly
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking advice on a compact digital piano by Garf @ Today at 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By joshjacksonWill I need a good soundcard in my computer? I am currently using a laptop with Realtek soundcard. Realtek makes a ton of chips in multiple variations and generations. They go from low end to high end. But aside from
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by roytheboy @ Today at 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesKawai DPs with MP3/WAV record or overdub functionality present a 'Save to USB?' confirmation screen after recording/overdubbing, so I would be surprised if the latest Roland instrument do not follow the same functional
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Kawai James @ Today at 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By roytheboyAn option to 'save over' or 'save new' would of course be the ideal solution, to keep everyone happy Kawai DPs with MP3/WAV record or overdub functionality present a 'Save to USB?' confirmation screen after recording/o
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by roytheboy @ Today at 03:19 AM

Have you actually used multi-track sequencers in anger before? Have you repeatedly (and then repeatedly again) laid down track after track, and then developed each track as you perfect your sequence of tracks, be that three or thirty-three tracks, as
Page 2 of 91 < 1 2 3 4 90 91 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH?
by Amsterdampianist
Today at 06:51 AM
Assistance with reading structure
by imustlearn
Today at 03:49 AM
Audacity/Recording problems
by jotur
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Melville Clark Baby Grand- any info??
by Shell1250
Yesterday at 08:46 PM
Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14
by Dfrankjazz
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,404 Topics
2,494,208 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission