Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
88 registered (ando, Albert Brighten, alwatson, Aleksiv, anzeen, 29 invisible), 1521 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Toccata 914 adagio by BDB @ Today at 12:22 PM

It was time for a tuning several summers ago, and you should not leave drinks on your piano.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Debussy- Cortot Edition by dogperson @ Today at 12:16 PM

A little information: Has anyone used the Cortot edition of Debussy, and if so, what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance DP
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Sugar coating" needling? by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 12:16 PM

Tirta, for the kind of results that you want to get, I have had good luck using a single Compass Point Needle held in a pin vise, which has an adjustable chuck. Mine has a handle the size of one on a good voicing tool, but I can't remember where I g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by Brian Jenkins @ Today at 12:01 PM

There are definitely some other sonantas you may want to tackle first in a perfect world, but I don't think moonlight is too far out of your reach though. Sometimes it's good to challenge yourself. When my students pick pieces that are a little bit o
Piano Forum
Software modeling is fine but it's not relevant to the question. The question is - is there any technology that can replace/update the technology of piano strings in an acoustic piano. A technology that can replace it in full measure with all the w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: DD wants to pursue a career in piano by Mark_C @ Today at 11:48 AM

Hello, and welcome. Probably the best person to give you the best possible guidance for these kinds of things is right there for you: her teacher, because he/she knows her capabilities and her interest and her nature in a way that we can't possibly,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by MeganR @ Today at 11:47 AM

I missed playing yesterday. It's been an exhausting week at work. I came home, ate dinner and made the mistake of sitting down to look at my mail (nothing exciting, catalogs, etc). I fell asleep in my chair, I eventually "woke up" only to g
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Recording myself. by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 11:45 AM

Lots of ways to do this. Easiest thing to do is just use your iPad to record the video and audio as is in the room at the same time as you record your performance to the internal sequencer/record function on the FP-30 (using the FP-30s speakers and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The inevitable Realisation by Swain @ Today at 11:43 AM

I don't know how many times I have looked at a piece of music and thought "wow this is going to be hard".....I work through them and they end up never being as hard as they appear. But if you feel you are going to "grind" through
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How can I improve my memory?, any tips by dogperson @ Today at 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By rovHi, how can I improve my memory, I have a good one. I can memorize a complete Chopin etude in 5 hours, the Ocean etude took me that long to memorize but I still want a better memory, any tips?. You need to clarify what you m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by bSharp[C]yclist @ Today at 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By sunnycsmHi friends, I am learning page 95-105 this week using Alfred Adult all-in-one Book 1. Getting really excited to know this forum, now learning chords, practising C major chords, hope to encourage each other here in this fo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by Brian Jenkins @ Today at 11:34 AM

There's some really fun Alkan, but in general I don't think it has the depth that other composers have. You would think he would be played more often than he is because of all the bombastic pieces he wrote. Perhaps because his music is extremely tech
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How can I improve my memory?, any tips by Brian Jenkins @ Today at 11:28 AM

If you can really memorize a Chopin Etude in 5 hours, you really shouldn't worry about making your memory better. I'm sure there are many other aspects of your playing that need more work than your memory. If you're ACTUALLY memorizing the piece corr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: first piano lesson, one year ago by bSharp[C]yclist @ Today at 11:09 AM

Very nice! This is a piece I was working on earlier this year with my teacher and then put aside. I decided to pick it back up yesterday and happy I didn't forget too much One thing with the sheets that I have is that there is very little in the way
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much should you know about your piano? by Beemer @ Today at 11:09 AM

jOriginally Posted By RicksterOriginally Posted By BeemerFactory strike point setting for my Bl├╝thner C8 note is 2.3mm below the agrafe. Rick, there is no reason for any hammer to strike the capo. Ian You may be right, Ian. But it seems strange t
Piano Forum
Why would software modelling not be satisfactory for you? Ian Modartt Pianotech 5 Standard
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Sugar coating" needling? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:59 AM

Great post Ron! Hammers are worn out when they no longer can be tone regulated for stable enough results. For concert instruments that have every performance service, they can get away with all sorts of crap that an owner at home would deem a very p
Composer's Lounge
--Sortaz, there are many to accomplish what you want to do. Do you have any MIDI equipment or notation software? If so you can play and the midi actually records EXACTLY how and what you are playing.. Finale program is what I use. You can get a CHEAP
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teflon? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:53 AM

I use my senses to test the hardness BDB. I can tell by the sound and feel of a file cutting the metal. The V-bar should be soft enough that the string can self machine a groove that is about 1/3 string diameter.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 'Fur' Elise: A Piano Monster by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:50 AM

IT is not a Steinway or Mason. Looks like it maybe a Kimball but not enough shown in the pictures to determine that. Clever art "pun". But I never really warm up to outdoor pianos. Pianos are indoor creatures. They love domesticity. They f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by Stubbie @ Today at 10:46 AM

Piano Syllabus (see link in Bennevis's post) gives grades from several systems and also a rating that attempts to average the different grades and normalize to a scale of 1-10, where 10 is the most advanced. Quote:Grades and ratings Grades are drawn
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By seongtaek This video was recorded for 30 minutes without stopping in between playing 7 pieces of Chopin and Beethoven. These are all I know at the moment. Funny thing is though, when I was playing the Beethoven Pathetique 2nd mov
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 11yrs Old Henry Miller Upright Piano Price by Jeff Clef @ Today at 10:41 AM

Newer than the Baldwin. Respectable maker. FAR better than that dreadful Henry Miller. You had me worried, but your good sense and persistence pulled you through. FYI, I have played a lot of old beaters through the years, but my brother's Henry Mil
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Lots of good info here. The value of good personal property insurance is really for catastrophic damages of expensive items that would be a major burden (e.g. your house burns down or your car is totaled). So to take MacMacMac's example a step fur
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by barbaram @ Today at 10:25 AM

Another from Denes Agay's Classics to Moderns Book 3. This was fun too. 1. Melody "Ivan Sings" - Aram Khachaturian 2. Rondo - Mozart 3. Le Moulin - Yann Tiersen 4. Bagatelle No. 9 Opus 119 - Beethoven 5. The Spinning Wheel- Walter, arr C
Page 2 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 62 63 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is Publishing Unfingered Scores Just Lazy or Cowardly?
by WhoDwaldi
07/30/16 02:49 PM
Debussy- Cortot Edition
by dogperson
07/30/16 12:16 PM
Recording myself.
by Jack Gately
07/30/16 10:14 AM
Any physical technologies that do what piano strings do?
by Groove On
07/30/16 08:59 AM
Kawai CN34 or Roland F-140R? (or maybe Casio Celviano AP650)
by misa063
07/30/16 05:58 AM
Forum Stats
84,466 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,227 Topics
2,544,137 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission