Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (augustm, agoriaket, AZ_Astro, AndrewJCW, Al LaPorte, 27 invisible), 1292 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hands shaking by dogperson @ Today at 08:24 AM

A couple of suggestions without using drugs: - Look at Head Space, a web-based relaxation program. There is a free version that is fine. _ Build up small successes in easier environments. I volunteered to play the church piano preludes, with mus
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What works better with piano? by TimR @ Today at 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By keystring(Waiting for TimR to weigh in, since he is involved in both). thanks, keystring. Yes, I do both for my church. More bells than youth choir since our youth have vanished. If either one is fun for the child, do that o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3 by Ataru074 @ Today at 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftYou have great talent, Sor. If you were willing to go back to the basics you could accomplish great things. I agree. The talent and the speed of learning is there, the basics are not.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano, I appreciate your feedback. by agoriaket @ Today at 08:13 AM

Thanks for your response MC. The problem with the Yamaha one is that I don't have any background information about the piano. Even the dealer doesn't know much about them... I don't have this issue with the Kawai one. I also read that Yamaha piano'
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 08:07 AM

I have used the first two books of the Leila Fletcher series almost exclusively for ALL my students ... children as well as adults for over thirty years. I have never found better books to introduce a student to the piano. I explain to my adults
Pianist Corner
For substantial bound scores I use an ordinary bookshelf. But for all the flimsy stuff I really like a 2-drawer cabinet with hanging files, which I got a couple of years ago. It's attractive wood and wasn't very expensive--got it from Home Decorators
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: U3 scale design and inharmonicity by Olek @ Today at 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTI don't think Olek is using the term inharmonicity correctly. I have questioned him before about this and I can never understand his explanation. He is using the term differently than I, (and others) understand it
Adult Beginners Forum
You might also like the Joy of Classics edited by Agay, or other books in the "Joy of" series.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Piano #600,000 by guyl @ Today at 07:16 AM

Serial no 0112358 would have been more appropriate for a Fibonacci themed piano! The incorporation of the legs and pedals in a single large spiral is cleverly done. We don't see any linkages to the pedals so I imagine that these must go up inside th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by wouter79 @ Today at 07:01 AM

I'm not a teacher and I also would be puzzled if the teacher would recommend less practice. I love working at the piano and restricting it to 10 minutes per day would not enjoy me. I did 2 hours per day ever since I started playing piano.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by RohanR @ Today at 06:43 AM

Hi all, Can someone please tell me what is the demo song on the slow string being played on the ES8. It sounds very nice and would love to learn to play the full song in the future. http://www.kawai.co.uk/digitalpianos.htm Very interesting feature
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by keystring @ Today at 06:06 AM

Originally Posted By TX-BluebonnetI just started with a new teacher today. Unfortunately, my first impression was not that good, but I'm paid up for 4 more lessons so I'll see how it goes. Can you list the types of things that gave you a poor impres
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Every Pianist Should Know About Pianos by David Boyce @ Today at 05:57 AM

I have thought about this too, since the city nearest my home has an important music conservatoire. I would not wish to tread on the toes of the excellent technician who maintains their pianos, but I did think that, as a qualified and registered tea
Jump to new posts Re: Seems be "damper" noises?(click like sound) by S.H.Lee @ Today at 05:57 AM

Dear Olek & BDB: He don't regulate any damper. (Did he touch up the voicing?) do you mean tuning? If is he don't.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Henry Cowell's Piano Concerto (BBC Proms now) by bennevis @ Today at 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottHenry Cowell in the BBC Proms! Cool! We take such things for granted in the BBC Proms . Two years ago, the BBC commissioned Rzewski to compose a piano concerto, which he himself premiered in a Proms concert that a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Order of learning Scales and Modes by Rusco @ Today at 05:55 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate all the advice.
Adult Beginners Forum
It's almost time to start! Here's the plan - I have a wind ensemble practice this evening (I play bass drum/cymbals) and after that I will open the recital for submissions. So sometime this evening Georgia USA time a new thread will appear. Sam
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes If you like to play, and it sounds like you do, I would consider getting yourself a good private teacher and working at piano while you go to college. You don't need to pick your college based on music, top notch s
Adult Beginners Forum
I've been using Denes Agay's Classics to Moderns as a great source of varied classical music at approx the same level and all as originally written. There are 6 levels of difficulty, and Satie's Gymnopedie #1 is included in Book 3, so that whole col
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano, I appreciate your feedback. by mc9320 @ Today at 05:10 AM

For me, Yamaha uprights are some of the best upright pianos I've tried. Kawai aren't bad, but I just love the sound and feel of Yamaha. Never tried Liedermann pianos so can't comment on them Perhaps someone else here can help you in terms of resale
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hands shaking by hreichgott @ Today at 04:58 AM

Congratulations on a first public performance! It can be scary, and the first performance of any piece is always going to be a little rough, even for professionals. The more you perform, the less nervous-making it is, for most people. Hope the nex
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-105 split balance by AndrewJCW @ Today at 04:55 AM

Tested and works as advertised in manual on mine.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do after high school with the piano? by hreichgott @ Today at 04:47 AM

If you are going to go to college anyway, and pay the tuition, you might as well enjoy 4 years of lessons that you're already paying for. As opposed to finding a private teacher that you then have to pay separately. So among your many criteria for ch
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does sight reading help in general? by hreichgott @ Today at 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldi Only piano accompanists--amateur, professional, or otherwise--are so musically bullied and imposed on. Pianists never get to say to a singer, "Hey, I'm ready to play 'Se Vuol Ballare'--how about sight reading it?!
Originally Posted By S.H.LeeOriginally Posted By OlekIt is not clear what he did. May be he took some blocking material left from delivery. He is working above one soutenuto guide. It was not the damper stop that was too high in the end? I suppo
Page 2 of 77 < 1 2 3 4 76 77 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My first piano, I appreciate your feedback.
by agoriaket
08/31/15 04:05 AM
schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3
by sor
08/31/15 02:47 AM
How do you store your sheet music and books?
by TwoSnowflakes
08/31/15 12:23 AM
New Teacher Recommending Less Practice?
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/30/15 11:03 PM
What should I do after high school with the piano?
by boogiewoogie123
08/30/15 09:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,575 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,554 Topics
2,440,647 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission