Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic Piano Players... by tksler @ Today at 12:17 PM

THAT doesn't sound too encouraging I love the piano for what it is, without all of these added modern equipment. I've had some opportunities to play some pianos with players on them and the pedals DEFINITELY didn't feel right.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does it get easier? by 1RC @ Today at 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoDo you think this "ideal" is static? I mean, I don't think the problem lies 100% on the technique, the actual doing. I believe standards, at least in my case, are ever-changing. I'm beginning to think I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts September Piano Bar by ladypayne @ Today at 12:14 PM

Thought I'd go ahead and start the September Bar. Here is David Nevue's arrangement of Morning has Broken. Added some more pictures of Alaska that I've taken It was 40 degrees this morning.. brrr starting to get cold. Hope the snow stays away for an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by Saranoya @ Today at 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: FarmGirl Sara, Thanks, I will keep you posted. By the time I get into school, you may be done with school and teaching? I would look to you for advise then. Love to meet you someday. I will be done with school in three se
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Some more help needed!! by AB99 @ Today at 12:03 PM

Unfortunately, I am going to have to sell my ES7 which is in fabulous condition ): Is there a classified section on this Board?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is finger strength a myth? by phantomFive @ Today at 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: NikolasOriginally Posted By: Louis PodestaYou guys are really thick!And this doesn't bother anyone? Even if Louis is ever doing pretty much the same thing again and again! I just ignore it, unless I think I can turn it into a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti Sonata K380 Emaj -- How Difficult? by bennevis @ Today at 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: ClsscLib I can play reasonably well a number of things at grade 6 on that sheet, but haven't gone beyond that level. Is this a doable piece for me now, with good instruction and reasonable patience? I'd appreciate any opinions
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic Piano Players... by Rich Galassini @ Today at 11:44 AM

When considering an installed player system, you should consider the installer to be as important as the system choice. Your best way to determine if a system installation would bother you is to play a piano without one and compare it with the exac
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interviewing for a piano teaching job by Jonathan Baker @ Today at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Peter K. MoseJonathan, do you mean this piano teacher was advertising a service to help other studio teachers in their marketing? Or was s/he advertising for keyboard students with this bizarre quote about demographics? He was
Adult Beginners Forum
Definitely doable, just go for it!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rusty strings- a silly question? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:29 AM

Yes. A company by the name of Pure Sound makes stainless alloy piano wire. It is weaker than modern piano wire. I do use it in portions of the plain wire scale that are way too short to sound good with modern wire. Often just two to four notes strun
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
I also love how joyful you made it! The piece has some lovely humor in it and you communicated it all. You seemed to relish all the little timing decision in there, and the grinning was infectious! Lovely piece, lovely playing! [TwoSnowflakes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:19 AM

You can oil the casters-but all else should be oil free!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Scarlatti Sonata K380 Emaj -- How Difficult? by ClsscLib @ Today at 11:14 AM

I love this piece and would like to start it, but I can't find a difficulty grade for it on the famous spreadsheet often cited here. I can play reasonably well a number of things at grade 6 on that sheet, but haven't gone beyond that level. Is this
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:14 AM

I haven't been able to get a direct answer on the question of Paulello wire chemistry, but I think the alloy is the same for all wire types and it is the annealing process that is varied. So the carbon content is the same but different annealing rate
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 11:04 AM

Bill, I must agree. Lukas has produced a particular beauty in the descant.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ Today at 11:03 AM

Good to see so much activity and so many achievements. BrianDX, 300 pieces in year! OMG dude. A well earned sticker CarlosCC good to see your pixels and to hear that you are back at the bench. Farmgirl, a big party, a new job, a plan for the futur
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by BDB @ Today at 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittPlease explain then, the reasons why we would not use a 13 gauge Mapes wire at note F 21 on a Steinway B instead of 20 guage wire, where the speaking length is 1717 mm. I think this was directed to me, although y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does it get easier? by hreichgott @ Today at 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoInstead of starting a new topic, I thought about using this one since my question is somewhat related to this one. Have you guys actually been fully satisfied with yourselves at one point or another? I mean, ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by FarmGirl @ Today at 10:53 AM

Doris, Thank you for your kind words. You are my inspiration. Sara, Thanks, I will keep you posted. By the time I get into school, you may be done with school and teaching? I would look to you for advise then. Love to meet you someday. Cher
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: PriimaI am currently a senior in high school. In a few months I will be audition for a number of university music programs. For most of them I will be auditioning for historical performance, as I have a great passion for early
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: August Piano Bar, drinks on the house by Starr Keys @ Today at 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: RiddlerStarrkeys, yes, I can see that you can use an alt7 chord too for the same modulation, and it also includes the 5+ (b13). BTW, I play Emily too, and I see now that the lead sheet in my fakebook (Just Jazz Real Book, which
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet setup for ultra portable rig by Sand Tiger @ Today at 10:44 AM

A person could "throw money" at it and get two tablets and two Xkeys. Figure $200 for a Windows tablet, $100 per Xkey and it adds up to $600 for two of each. Not exactly an elegant solution, but the total is still is under 7 pounds, for 50
Jump to new posts High pitched sound from Yamaha Clavinova PF P-100 by Shiverca @ Today at 10:43 AM

Hello folks! I have an OLD Yamaha Clavinova PF P-100. It's still kicking, except it's making an annoying very high pitched sound. Sometimes only when I play notes, sometimes faintly in the background at all times. Anyone know what the problem is? I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by Saranoya @ Today at 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: JimFwhen Farmgirl is about to enroll in the graduate music program, most of the old gang from ABF and AOTW are now playing 10+ years.....At last month's live group-vidcall Cheryl wowed us all with Beethoven's Appassionata, while
Page 2 of 113 < 1 2 3 4 ... 112 113 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (accordeur, 255, 36 invisible), 1521 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76006 Members
42 Forums
157160 Topics
2308195 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative.
by Lynsey
38 minutes 49 seconds ago
September Piano Bar
by ladypayne
Today at 12:14 PM
Scarlatti Sonata K380 Emaj -- How Difficult?
by ClsscLib
Today at 11:14 AM
High pitched sound from Yamaha Clavinova PF P-100
by Shiverca
Today at 10:43 AM
Rusty strings- a silly question?
by PhilipInChina
Today at 08:59 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission