Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
165 registered (A Guy, anotherscott, 88fingers88, ajames, alexk3954, 47 invisible), 1500 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Complete beginner with a few questions by wouter79 @ Today at 04:49 PM

I probably started at the same point And I'm still playing the same pieces for months before i move on. And I hardly ever play a piece from start to end ... But yes everyone has to make his own decision here.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Please... Mazurka?? by bennevis @ Today at 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By JytteWell, truly sorry if this little thing offended some delicate ears here, go wash them out with some Chopin This should do the trick (much better than soap & water ): http://youtu.be/P7LDXdjfO5o Notice the accents
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by yonatan @ Today at 04:44 PM

Hi Pathbreaker, Yes i own the Garritan CFX. I really love it not only because of the gorgeous sound of the CFX, and the recording mics the boys at Abbey used, but also because it really translates my piano playing really well. It's one of the rea
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 - opinions by cub @ Today at 04:38 PM

Congratulations on your purchase Kerrrmit. I am a big fan of the Yamaha DP sound. I hope you enjoy your instrument and good luck with your journey to better piano playing!! cub
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving on from mistakes. by Johan B @ Today at 04:36 PM

Hi there, About mistakes......everybody makes...... But just as Beethoven said: 'To play a wrong note is insignificant, to play without passion is unexcusable' ....... Best regards, Johan B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano - U1 vs B3 vs.. digital? by Jason74 @ Today at 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By clobbo What should I do? I think I'm trying to talk myself out of a B3 and in to a U1 because.. well, U1 is awesome. Imho, there's your answer right there. You describe the U1 as "awesome". That presumably means th
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by Chris Leslie @ Today at 04:31 PM

The subject of beats occurring from fundamental pitches came up last year. I was surprised to know that I could hear feint beats from, e.g. tempered 5th, when the tones were from nice clean electronic sine wave. However, real pianos do not make nice
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Please... Mazurka?? by Johan B @ Today at 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By JytteWell, truly sorry if this little thing offended some delicate ears here, go wash them out with some Chopin Meanwhile I'm waiting for more people to brave this audio challenge, and hoping that somebody will recognize it
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By BrianDXI think we can disagree on what another person hears in a piece, but at the same time not mock them... What?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By DameMyraIt is a very nice performance by a young lady, [...]This recording was made when she was 13 [...] Appearances can be so deceiving! I had no idea that she was that young when this recording was made. Surely that gives
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 3 against 2. How to learn, practice? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:18 PM

And here is another, as a one octave span infinitely repeating pattern in each hand: Depending on how your scales are it might be best to keep to this rather than wind up simultaneously practicing both long scales across the keyboard and 3 vs.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by EM Deeka @ Today at 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By R_BThanks 8 Octaves, I was reading the how it works details in indeigogo as you were replying. It is a flexible funding project, so it looks like she will forfeit 9% - OUCH ! Well, cost o' doin' biz, I guess. I'll put in to pivo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price for Yamaha GC1 by terminaldegree @ Today at 04:10 PM

1. 10-30% off the Piano Buyer SMP price (if just black) of $21,200 would be the norm for just about everywhere except for two markets in the US, and Boston isn't one of the crazy outliers… 2. I would want to see examples of installed systems this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: February 2015 PW Concert Program by BruceD @ Today at 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By Tim Adrianson[...]I actually moved my TASCAM 300 recorder farther away from the from the piano (8 - 12 meters or so), and readjusted the gain setting from 50% to 75%. This has yielded far better results. [...] I had a similar e
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Stubbie I'd add opening jars--in the past, I've done damage trying to get lids to budge. Easy solution for opening jars: I keep a small flathead screwdriver in my kitchen. Slip the end of it under the edge of the lid and twist
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Guess when this was written by Praeludium @ Today at 04:04 PM

Is it from Karl Leimer's book ? I remember him beginning his book with a XIXth century etude by some German pedagogue who wrote tons of them, before switching to Bach and Beethoven.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ Today at 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserYou are really getting around and moving through lots of material, Johan! Good to see. I've been bogged down in musical software and trumpet playing the last few days, but simple things on the keys also, reviewing
Thanks, Mr. Boyce. You've confirmed what I feared. Narrower shoes are likely to be the solution. Meanwhile, I need to take some measurements on the next Steinway I play to see how far apart the rod centers are, and how those measurements differ from
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 3 against 2. How to learn, practice? by BruceD @ Today at 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersThe difficult one is 3.1 against 2 . I've never seen the scales written out on paper in three vs. two. I can do it for C Major and then put it here . . . unfortunately not tonight though, or maybe tonight, we'll
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Model (?) questions by John Pels @ Today at 03:56 PM

Kent, to get the urethane polished look requires using urethane. You can use all of the same stuff used for refinishing cars. Typically you will use some dark gray primer followed by an application of poly putty PPG Metal glaze or equivalent)followed
Jump to new posts Re: Broken wound string, restring by Chris Leslie @ Today at 03:53 PM

There could be a short splice at the hitch end non-speaking length, if there is some string available, to extend enough to be able to hitch to the original hitch pin.
Most of this is very nitty gritty and scientific but really has to do with expectations and perception. One has a particular memory of what they feel an acoustic piano sounds like. Although they all sound similar there is certainly enough variation
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Please... Mazurka?? by Jytte @ Today at 03:48 PM

Well, truly sorry if this little thing offended some delicate ears here, go wash them out with some Chopin Meanwhile I'm waiting for more people to brave this audio challenge, and hoping that somebody will recognize it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: February 2015 PW Concert Program by Pover @ Today at 03:42 PM

Verqueue, I also congratulate you on learning this piece! I'm sure it's one of those people that stay with you for life. I'm hoping to one day reach the level of the ballades and scherzi myself, but judging by my slowing progress, I'm not sure if I'l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Please... Mazurka?? by Johan B @ Today at 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By SwissMSOK, now you made me curious enough to have a listen. It sounds like typical Alpen Beer Garden music. Can't you just see everyone wearing their Lederhosen, swaying with the music, while enjoying Bratwurst and beer? It is a
Page 2 of 118 < 1 2 3 4 117 118 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Guess when this was written
by chopin_r_us
02/27/15 02:52 PM
Price for Yamaha GC1
by ppuff211
02/27/15 02:29 PM
Harmony arrangements
by acros
02/27/15 12:38 PM
Seiler ED 186
by Haydn 20
02/27/15 12:31 PM
How much my piano costs? From 1860's
by Chuck22
02/27/15 12:12 PM
Forum Stats
78,322 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,887 Topics
2,377,565 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission