Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
130 registered (Alan Cyr, anamnesis, acollins, ando, Alan_Dublin, 42 invisible), 1406 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by toddy @ Today at 07:11 AM

"Seating (occupied)" is good for absorbing ambient, reverberant sound, but would not get you far with reducing the thump factor to the downstairs neighbours - not even with the equivalent a full house at the Albert Hall.
Pianist Corner
Well, the subject line says it. What can you recommend?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by PhilipInChina @ Today at 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenIn most instances hammerfelt separation is indicative of more serious problems. Have you had a tech evaluate the pianos? What sort of problems, Steve?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 06:45 AM

12. Mr Super-Hunky - Nights in White Satin - Ah, Mr SH! Even without reading the recital support thread, I know this piece is yours. I can recognize your unique style and touch and I think you're developing your abilities to a high standard. I love t
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 - Touch Curve by IMOL @ Today at 06:44 AM

Hi James thanks for the reply Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesIMOL, are you saying that the Touch Curve parameter does not change the touch response of synth sounds? Yes, exactly Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesMay I ask you to provide a step-by
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Mark Polishook @ Today at 06:28 AM

Kevin! Mote of Dust is GR8! .. I have another vid (will post soon) with low notes you were asking about on Bosendorfer Imp.
Adult Beginners Forum
My wife's favorite piano piece was I Giorni, by Einaudi. So I made this the first piece I learned to play, which was probably a little ambitious for a total novice. After a year, I can finally play it well, from memory, and without too many errors.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - Quick Review by Maxpiano @ Today at 06:06 AM

Originally Posted By: voxpopsOriginally Posted By: Kawai JamesIn addition to the 'Jump' and 'Catch' modes for knobs/faders, I wonder if there would be any desire for an additional 'No Change' mode - i.e. changing SETUPs would always use the current k
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music on iPad by Medden @ Today at 06:01 AM

I use PiaScore for Ipad. It is similar to ForScore, with a few extra features that I really like. Page turning by gesture. Uses the iPad camera. When you nod your head right, it goes forward a page. This works well if you don't jump around on the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by backto_study_piano @ Today at 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerThanks. I know of the Kawai regulation manual and other sources of regulation procedures. In this case, I am more interested in knowing what I should demand/negotiate from my dealer when ordering a new grand pian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by Withindale @ Today at 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerIn this case, I am more interested in knowing what I should demand/negotiate from my dealer when ordering a new grand piano, especially one that I am buying sight unseen. What do you already have on your list?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 05:17 AM

Thanks. I know of the Kawai regulation manual and other sources of regulation procedures. In this case, I am more interested in knowing what I should demand/negotiate from my dealer when ordering a new grand piano, especially one that I am buying s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 05:05 AM

No, Wimpiano, that is bad. Best thing is to be Russian Orthodox. They celebrate things 11 days later so they can buy gifts during the sales. My first wife had a birthday on 8 January. I used to get her an ex Christmas cake after the event, remove th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by Paul678 @ Today at 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: BeachdingoThanks for sharing Harpon, from reviewing much of the other threads I see there are not very many helpful posters on this site, mostly self/industry promotion, very sad to see. I have never seen a more negative unhelpf
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing piano without a piano by johan d @ Today at 04:28 AM

Maybe do the stuff you don't need a piano for: Sight reading, tapping rhythms, sing simple sheet music arragments or scales (app "Cleartune" to check if you are correct), Ear training: http://www.teoria.com/exercises/index.php
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3? by michaelha @ Today at 04:26 AM

You can't generalize Yamaha's from the 80's or any used piano. It completely depends on that particular piano, how much use and care it received. If it's one of those grey-market U1's that come in the container full from Japan, the ones I've run into
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing piano without a piano by MRC @ Today at 04:20 AM

Some very good suggestions here. I'll just add this: sing! If you can find other musicians where you're serving, see if you can get some people together to sing madrigals, barbershop, whatever takes your fancy. Even if you can't find other musicians
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C? by Mark_C @ Today at 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Pover.....I wanted to ask you what you thought were the main challenges in the sonata... I know the 3rd movement is a beast! But what about the first movement? What gave you the most trouble? It's hard to express it in terms o
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - Quick Review by lophiomys @ Today at 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesHello lophiomys, Originally Posted By: lophiomysYes, I referred to "auto-moving faders" as a cool feature. Okay, I see. But what did you mean by: Originally Posted By: lophiomysfor the price i'd also exp
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - Quick Review by voxpops @ Today at 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesIn addition to the 'Jump' and 'Catch' modes for knobs/faders, I wonder if there would be any desire for an additional 'No Change' mode - i.e. changing SETUPs would always use the current knob/fader position, rather th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by wimpiano @ Today at 04:04 AM

Most likely Still very much in doubt to what I will put on my list. It will be Sinterklaas though and not Santa Claus, a bit different tradition over here... good thing is that he comes earlier (on the 5th of December).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by backto_study_piano @ Today at 04:03 AM

Hi - not sure if this is what you're looking for - this only relates to regulation, not necessarily in relation to setting up a new piano. Some of this could be done prior to delivery, and some may not be relevant to new pianos. It was posted on Pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by earlofmar @ Today at 03:53 AM

I received a beautiful bound book of classical favorites last year. This year my wife and I have agreed not to buy presents. Usually there is something in the post or just about to be ordered anyway.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P250 by joe80 @ Today at 03:52 AM

It is still a viable keyboard. I have a CP300 and I think it's excellent.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3? by backto_study_piano @ Today at 03:49 AM

I don't know the B3, but U3 and U1 were one of the pianos of choice for schools, university practice rooms, Churches etc - rugged, consistent, long lasting. However - have it checked by a technician, as it may have had a hard life, and, besides its
Page 2 of 112 < 1 2 3 4 ... 111 112 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Setting up the room
by cullam
11/24/14 10:18 AM
Saint-Saens 2nd concerto - best edition (fingering)?
by Barly
11/24/14 07:09 AM
Music reading apps for iPad that use mic
by Artur Gajewski
11/24/14 03:02 AM
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
11/24/14 12:55 AM
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
11/23/14 11:17 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159311 Topics
2340226 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission