Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
77 registered (Annette Schmidt, AZ_Astro, AndrewJCW, agraffe, Bachus, 14 invisible), 998 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: False beats - some physics and some fiction by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Gene, I doubt that anyone would notice - only other piano people like ourselves. Horizontally laminated caps are more common than you think, even in fine grands. I think the rounded pin tops are the way to do the least harm to all the other good w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter project survey - online vst check site by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

I doubt you can make it work legally. You can't buy something than sell or rent it as a product itself to others unless you have it worked it with the publishers of the original software. You could probably get away with it as a free website and then
Jump to new posts Re: Problem of Kawai mp11 by kanadajin @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

Gracias por las aclaraciones, Knario. From what you are describing, I would speculate that it almost sounds as if there would be an intermittent fault somewhere in the audio amplification chain, perhaps even a loose wire or electrical connection. Si
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by gooddog @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By CareyWe simply must do the best we can with what we have. Comparing ourselves to others is pointless. Agreed, and having small hands has made me very good at redistributing notes. OTOH, I can't help but feel a touch of envy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

I have an 11th and a semi-comfortable 10th. However, I dislike extended passages of anything more than octaves.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Faune vs La mer by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By argerichfanFunny anecdote: when I studied the Fawn at uni, one of my classmates muttered 'Debussy must have been smokin' a lot of grass!' Your classmate is an imbecile.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching, some questions. by Biffcooper @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

I teach out of the Tried and true Bastien. That along with some great Repertoire pieces that kids love has been great for me, and of course don't forget the prize box!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano lessons over skype, any teachers here? by Biffcooper @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

I have done it for Students who have moved away but wanted to continue lessons. I would say it is not possible to teach a beginner this way; However, a seasoned beginner who is motivated, no problem. Get ready. EVERYONE will switch to teaching this w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by Biffcooper @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

I would say it depends, some parents who have no musical ability have kids who are great at playing Piano amongst other instruments. I think if a parent has no ability yet LOVES music and is constantly giving positive reinforcement to their child the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have experience with Alfred, Faber, Fundamental Keys? by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By bSharp(C)yclistIt didn't take long to memorize Wild Rider, but it did take time to get it up to the tempo I'm at now, and that's probably not fast enough yet. Perhaps the rating is high because of th
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: False beats - some physics and some fiction by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience Will I like laminated caps too, I'll purchase from Dale Fox when I need one. I just don't think the exposed layers would be acceptable at a performance venue It would not resemble traditional Steinway, nor would bri
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova Troubles by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Here's a guess ... There are felt strips above and below the keys. These will become tamped down after being struck by keys/hammers over the years. In such a state, it might be that the felt does not adequately absorb shock. Instead, impact vibratio
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter project survey - online vst check site by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

It won't be light speed ...Originally Posted By DeskDesignLatency is the biggest issue, but who says 5 years from now, internet won't happen at the speed of light?But even light speed isn't fast enough! If you can tolerate 5 msec latency, then the s
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 F30 Pedal functioning incorrectly by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Hello elAbad, Thank you for the update. I'm very sorry to hear that the replacement pedal unit has not resolved this issue, as I felt confident that this would be the case. I'm reluctant to speculate as to what may actually be the cause of this pr
Jump to new posts Yamaha Clavinova Troubles by StartwithBach @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Hello! Today I noticed that my left hand is feeling the pulse of the keys being played in the right hand when I play my 2008 Yamaha Clavinova. For example, I will be holding down an octave chord in the left, and my left thumb feels each note being pl
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by mischeli @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

montage!
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Faune vs La mer by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By CareyNeither. Next question?? Well perhaps not so fast my mate. I have lost track of the times I have heard 'La mer' and it just doesn't seem to register with me. My fault of course, but the 'Nocturnes' from a few years e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha grand pianos and a few beginner questions by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By WellPlayedI searched some more on the forum, and it seems a good value for our price range is a Hailun Grand. I found a 2013 Hailun 178 5'10" for $7,250 from a private owner. Is this a good deal? Should I offer less? It is a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Docc @ Yesterday at 08:43 PM

Norbert, I will be trying several models myself. It is hard enough to get to the local piano dealers where I am during normal circumstances, but two 500 year floods in the past six weeks has made it injudicious to try to travel very far at present. I
Jump to new posts Re: A crazy Kawai cs8 question... by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Hello ADWyatt, Originally Posted By ADWyattThe only reason anyone would want a CS8, rather than its base CA67, is for it gorgeous polished ebony cabinet. And so naturally my concern regards appearances. It appears that the lettering on the front of
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
... and it's "presto agitato", not "adagiato" Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter project survey - online vst check site by DeskDesign @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Hi Euphoria Great idea. You're on to something as far as I'm concerned. In order for this to work, the service should do plugins as well. And as you suggest, feature, well; basically ALL VST's. It should work in realtime (no latency) and it should
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha grand pianos and a few beginner questions by Eldridge @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

I own a 2013 Hailun 178. I like it very much. I bought it in 2014 from a dealer for just under $10,000. The one you're looking at seems like an excellent deal if it's in good shape.
Page 2 of 90 < 1 2 3 4 89 90 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Technique Book?
by schlaigs
05/29/16 10:32 PM
Yamaha Clavinova Troubles
by StartwithBach
05/29/16 08:58 PM
Dave Frank/Pat Martino duo - Lean Years
by Dfrankjazz
05/29/16 07:45 PM
Bösendorfer 200 disklavier—is this E3 PRO?
by Corvus
05/29/16 07:09 PM
ear training
by Sylwek
05/29/16 02:03 PM
Forum Stats
83,809 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,021 Topics
2,529,097 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission