Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
68 registered (AndrewJCW, AZNpiano, Amosdoll, agraffe, beet31425, 18 invisible), 941 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_C-- Bring back Steve Cumming to do the emcee-ing!! I really missed him. I'd guess that just about everyone who's been there before missed him too. I talked to him. He's officially retired. I beseeched him to come back fo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New U3 or 1996 C1 or 2000 C2 by Beauxhomme @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Daves Piano Showcase in Tampa has Ritmuller's; they are interesting to play - seemed a little more "Euro" in tone and they have a unique touch to them. I was only satisfied with the Ritmuller GH-188R (which I think is near full size), cons
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Rachmaninoff Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 by Kenan @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38QXRTGSNnY
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Beginner looking for practice regimen/structure by Dues Regnat @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Hi All, New here, don't want to drag down the post with a long intro. But I've been (seriously) learning for about 2 years. I have a background in music as I played Sax in middle school and high school. I did take one piano course in college and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Zimmermann piano by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterI think the Zimmerman is a Russian/old East German (before the wall came down) brand piano. It's no Russian piano. I would suggest that it's made in territory East German, Leipzig before 2 World War
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a specific piano song. by Carey @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By LedLoafHello, This seems virtually impossible to find, but I thought I would have an attempt at some piano forums. I came across this certain song a long time ago on youtube a
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) cover for advanced solo piano! by Kevin Woosley @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Here is a video recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LaeF65HAII And here is the sheet music: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/bohe...questid=9651872
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Where to get advanced arrangements? by Kevin Woosley @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

How about this: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/bohe...questid=9651872 (video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LaeF65HAII) Bohemian Rhapsody for advanced solo piano (very Lisztian in style)
Piano Forum
They have regular artist benches, but they opted for this because it is hydraulic and is easily changed by everyone's preference.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Serge Marinkovic @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

It's amazing as a physician that there is almost a thirty year difference in age between first and second place? As an aside I would love to know how many competitors were using Xanax, Ativan, Inderal? Also should we be drug tested for them? Otherw
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

.....I would offer just two suggestions: -- Consider revising the system for the awards, along the lines of what we've been saying. -- Bring back Steve Cumming to do the emcee-ing!! I really missed him. I'd guess that just about everyone who's bee
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where To Begin? by ProdigalSun @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

I probably will. There's a Story and Clark in the basement similar age, I've already started taking apart the action, and have the case painted.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Questions for people who were there (competitors or otherwise): How well were the various rounds attended? How much did people seem to be loving it? Did there seem to be any particular criticisms or different ideas for the competition that audience
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Trade in by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Assuming the developer continues to update the drivers and editing software for the controller, which only seems to happen if the model is popular and there's a good user base. Also, we've been lucky for quite awhile now with USB standardizing and b
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 vs Roland HP603 by eshmh @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By bmac.toOriginally Posted By mcollYes, I was just thinking how I would have loved to get a HP603 for a lower price than the CN35. Then, I realised it could be that maybe the CN35 is significantly more expensive there than in Euro
Hello Coen, welcome to the forum. The sound you are hearing can be adjusted via the 'Damper Noise' parameter of the 'Virtual Technician' EDIT menu. Please try the following: [With the desired piano sound selected] 1. Press the EDIT button to show
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

yep, that's right in the middle of my July gig, sorry can't make it. Have a great time!
Jump to new posts Re: Trade in by Ottawa58 @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Digital pianos are just like computers with keyboards. Just like computers they drop in value fast. However, just like used cars you will probably get more money on a private sale than on a trade. But it might take longer, and more work. Buying an
Jump to new posts Re: Where To Begin? by Phil Stewart @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Sorry, relish was a bad autocorrect of rebush. Any time you do extensive action work like this it is a good idea to replace the key bushings, both for the front and balance rails. The Piano Action Handbook is available from the PTG store http://www.
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello, I'm new to playing and it seems whenever I have to play long notes, or chords my wrist on my right hand begins to stiffen up a bit when holding.
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Adding to Ed's post - how live the room is and how bright the piano is will have an effect on stretch when tuned aurally. An aural tuner with blocked ears due to a cold will stretch differently, as will one who wears ear plugs, over one who doesn't
Jump to new posts Re: Trade in by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Hello Ozan, I would be inclined to agree with spanishbuddha and ElmerJFudd that it may be worthwhile to seek the services of a piano technician, to check the action and make adjustments to your liking. You may also wish to raise your concerns about
Jump to new posts Re: Where To Begin? by ProdigalSun @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

This is the first time Ive been on the forum, I looked for a forum to ask these questions on, and haven't had the time to read anything here yet.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Kiyola KF-10 by Ottawa58 @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

I tried one, and wrote a previous review. Everyone has different tastes. My thoughts were: - I liked the action, but not as much as a Kawai MP - the sound was just okay - very under amped and speakered for the price, disappointing - oak cabinet d
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Kiyola KF-10 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

I had a very brief opportunity to try the KF-10 at Musikmesse a couple of months ago. The instrument's exterior design is certainly very attractive, and it features the same modelled piano sound and PHA-50 keyboard action as the HP-603/HP-605. Howev
Page 2 of 66 < 1 2 3 4 65 66 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I Need Some Advice
by Pianosaurus
Today at 12:06 AM
Beginner looking for practice regimen/structure
by Dues Regnat
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Any advice on holding long notes/chords without tension?
by Okarin
Yesterday at 09:17 PM
Kawai MP11 Users: Intentional Sustain/Damper pedal noise?!
by CoenRC
Yesterday at 08:14 PM
Where To Begin?
by ProdigalSun
Yesterday at 06:34 PM
Forum Stats
84,124 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,585 Topics
2,536,683 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission