Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
113 registered (anotherscott, ando, 36 invisible), 1409 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by Rickster @ Today at 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiRickster, I have seen "mere" holes poked in relatively intact houses which, one tarped, would have a controllable environment. Very true, but at what cost? Home environmental systems (HVAC) are the most expensi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by S.H.Lee @ Today at 12:10 PM

Hi everyone ,here i come again. This time the MPA visit my piano. And i test the cardioid mics near the stone wall on my right hand. Test #011 https://youtu.be/f_qx2Wjnn-w Mics far away piano, the bass is reduce.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Lucas Debargue by pianoloverus @ Today at 12:06 PM

He seems to have been incredibly popular at the Tchaikovsky Competition with audiences and the Moscow critics. I think he is a terrific pianist, but I don't like him more than most of the other finalists. Can someone explain why he seems to have cre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Playing two-beat triplet over eighth notes by LoganWahl @ Today at 12:00 PM

Hello, Not sure if this is the right place to post, but Debussy's Reverie seems like an easy intermediate piece, so I figured might as well. In measure 5 of Debussy's Reverie, there is a triplet over two beats in the right hand treble clef and eigh
Pianist Corner
Flattering the jury that will decide upon you? How humiliating this is. Poor Li.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 11:52 AM

I think Rich G. is right about moving a piano out of such an environment. But even getting a grand piano out of the house, in this case, would be difficult (tree fell centered on front door, about seven steps up). Rickster, I have seen "mere&qu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Yamaha G2? by Rickster @ Today at 11:46 AM

Hi Jeff, and welcome to Piano World! I'm far from an expert on used pianos, but there are some real experts here on PW. Maybe one of them will chime in... Here are my thoughts... It could be a nice sounding, playing 5'8"/10"(?) baby gran
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Apres une lecture du Dante by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 11:44 AM

Hi, Brendan -- I thought a very convincing job throughout, on a piece that I've never have liked, don't like now, and - given your splendid effort and Jeremy Denk's -- evidently never will like. For me, it's the very embodiment of cornball "
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by keystring @ Today at 11:43 AM

So for RCM & AMEB exams, they're looking at chords from the degree point of view. The first step is knowing which degree chord has the quality of diminished (triad), major, or minor. You start with a key such as C major, and see what triad you e
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By fnorkThough, I remember a friend ended up playing Brahms B flat in a competition finals, and was also given a mere hour of rehearsing time - keep in mind, the piece is about 45 minutes long! Tomorrow is the opening concert of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Metro Denver and need a piano by Paleostudent @ Today at 11:42 AM

I bought a new piano a few months ago from Classic Pianos on Broadway in Denver and had a great experience there -- got a great price, too. Good luck on your hunt!
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By ChavoPuesThis does seem like the most workable solution. If they're willing to pay me regardless of the subpar education their daughter is going to be receiving, that's on them, right? Absolutely. And I am saying this as a pare
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by dynamobt @ Today at 11:36 AM

Chiming in late. But, single vision piano glasses are definitely the way to go. Don't be afraid to get a larger lense size either. You can see more of the page at one time. I've had a dedicated piano pair of glasses for years.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by keystring @ Today at 11:32 AM

There's a whole can of worms there. I've learned to see chords in several ways since my time studying RCM material (similar to AMEB). The fully diminished chord itself is a fascinating chord. I took RCM theory which is like AMEB and the others. T
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 11:30 AM

Thanks so much for all your responses. Will be looking into single vision for the piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by Ganddalf @ Today at 11:28 AM

I wear progressive eye glasses, but when playing the piano and also when using a computer I take them off. I would have acquired single strength glasses for piano playing if this had been necessary. Anyhow I prefer good and clear music sheets. Henl
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sketches I think the 'easy piano' style thing is more for people to just enjoy playing with a low barrier for entry as opposed to serving as progress towards a higher skill level. I think this covers it pretty well. I bought a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Music Zoom by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 11:13 AM

Does anyone use this app? Can you tell me if it will work on an iPad Mini? Old eyes are not what they used to be! Thanks
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why cleaning the piano room doesn't work by RealPlayer @ Today at 11:02 AM

I have a 9-foot piano, and have discovered that its downside is that there's so much space for music to accumulate.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by SwissMS @ Today at 11:00 AM

The piano is at the top and ready for the party tomorrow!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by rysowers @ Today at 10:58 AM

I'd like to see it! Ryan@pianova.net Also, the Steinway standard key dip block is .400 not .420 as mentioned earlier in the thread. However there is a range of what is acceptable. I think .420 would be on the upper range.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 10:58 AM

I wear bifocals normally, but for computer, piano, and flute work I have single vision glasses (all with the same prescription, as it happens). I actually have three pairs: 1 at work for the computer, 1 at home on the piano, and 1 that swaps back an
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by CarlosCC @ Today at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By SwissMSThe piano is on its way up the mountain! Here is a picture of it riding in the cog train. It loaded in two minutes and seemed easy with two experienced piano movers! Wow, this is the achievement of the YEAR!!!! Hav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by ClsscLib @ Today at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaI wear varifocals, progressive glasses, but just bought single vision glasses for piano and computer. Good move and should have done it ages ago. Make sure you get the focal distance optimal for intended use. I di
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by Bosendorff @ Today at 10:54 AM

I have three pairs of glasses : one progressive, one for reading and one for computer/piano. Got them online at a much better price.
Page 2 of 94 < 1 2 3 4 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Lucas Debargue
by pianoloverus
07/03/15 12:06 PM
Playing two-beat triplet over eighth notes
by LoganWahl
07/03/15 12:00 PM
Music Zoom
by Isabelle1949
07/03/15 11:13 AM
Beethoven Op.13 1st movement
by noobpianist90
07/03/15 10:34 AM
1965 Yamaha G2?
by Jeff Jones
07/03/15 10:23 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,866 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,270 Topics
2,423,635 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission