Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (36251, AndrewMouris, barbaram, AdrianR, ando, Adypiano, 13 invisible), 1690 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784 by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 04:01 AM

Bar 6, the left hand: http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/BachJS/BWV784/bach-invention-13/bach-invention-13-a4.pdf I can't find any natural way of eventually making the octave leap from low g to high g. Coming from bar 5, I don't see any other way
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Stride Piano by john f @ Today at 03:54 AM

When playing stride piano with all accompaniment in the left hand how many beats do you play to a measure In 4/4? For Example: C EG G EG or C EG G EG C EG G EG Also, How much foot pedal (sustain)
Piano Forum
literally half a ton, definitely not. but not a job for inexperienced amateurs (folks who work in a cubicle and only do light recreational exercise) or it might seem like it. the vehicle should have a capacity of a half ton (higher if there are th
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsm8qXkZbwQ&list=PLTK4rtLGEEoOjPu445uHJ_-_KwEzGxG3X&index=37
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First (baby) grand advice needed by huaidongxi @ Today at 03:43 AM

actually, agree with you about the considerable differences. comparisons reveal differences as readily as similarities, and my comment was intended ironically, attempting to point out the arbitrariness of the comparison criteria, and nationality was
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by SwissMS @ Today at 03:40 AM

Hello Phillip, I am sorry, but we will not be able to attend in 2017 either. It is just too far for us. I will miss everyone, and I am sure it will be a fantastic party!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by hank101 @ Today at 03:39 AM

I really think to know your chords (basic chord progressions) and to be able to play on the beat are the two MAIN things about free piano playing / improvisation - and you could say it bascially about any instruments.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for Christmas Recitals by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By ArghhhI do recitals at the end of January, around the end of the first semester. Uh, I can't do that. Even the middle school kids here have finals. Or at least some stupidly-huge group project due the last week of January.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for Christmas Recitals by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsI do Holiday recitals every December. Just had one this past weekend. Did it go well? I don't do Christmas Recitals every year. The last time I ran one, the attendance was so poor, I almost didn't want to do
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By laguna_gregOriginally Posted By Gary D.Well, from what I've read what she is teaching is pretty solid and therefore much better than the absolutely inept teaching by many of the hacks I know about who know next to nothing about t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:10 AM

FIRE the student!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ranking of most frequently used key signatures? by Tubbie0075 @ Today at 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesOld threads are still good threads! Every instrument has keys that are friendly and others not so much. Experienced pianists love keys with lots of sharps or flats and don't like it when there are only a few. Strings
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500 by ThaiBlue @ Today at 03:07 AM

I tried all of those plus the CS11 and while I thought they were all very good, I preferred the Casio. Had it a couple of months now and still very pleased with my decision.
FWIW: "AZPianoNews" is useful -- it's factually accurate, almost always -- but suspect, because Tim Praskins sells DP's. So you don't know if he's being biased by what he wants to sell. I believe that all the current Casio's (except for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Inherited Ivers & Pond Restored-worth it or get new? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 02:37 AM

A half ton upright? I think not.
Jump to new posts Re: I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500 by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:28 AM

Quote: . . .The Roland LX17 felt as good as the Kawai, but I was disappointed in the sound. IMO, the modeling was not at the level of Pianoteq, and it sounded like it was coming from speakers, not from a piano. There was also almost a distorted sound
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:15 AM

Alas, it's hard to get a lot better without getting into very fussy stuff, like multiple microphones, and mixers, which then leads you to multi-track recording so you can adjust after it's recorded. Where you put the microphones is the most importa
a) This is a hard query to answer. A few clarifiers: . . . What _don't_ you like about the ES8 sound ? . . . What settings (EQ, reverb, etc) are you using on the ES8 ? . . . Can you point to a recording and say: "That's the sound I want!&quo
Jump to new posts Re: I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500 by peterws @ Today at 02:09 AM

Where was the CS11? The NU1? You`ll have to have words in that shop. Now, they`re nice instruments which have the top o` the range feel of the LX17. You start playing `em, they really do sound like decent acoustics uprights.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for Christmas Recitals by Arghhh @ Today at 02:02 AM

I do recitals at the end of January, around the end of the first semester. I find December is already busy for me (extra Christmas music, university juries and opera), plus I figure everyone else is busy with extra events as well.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First (baby) grand advice needed by Norbert @ Today at 01:47 AM

Quote:it could be compared to other chinese made pianos with euro or amerikan designs, and in some cases german made components and imported woods, as much as with kawai and yamaha. Not sure about this. I find considerable differences between the va
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Loosening newly installed strings and pins by kpembrook @ Today at 01:25 AM

I've done this when I forgot to install understring felt (before it left the shop). No big deal. It will be unstable for a couple of tunings -- which your rebuilder-tech should perform gratis.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about the physical by hello my name is @ Today at 01:22 AM

I can't say I couldn't use some improvement in my control! It will be a good experiment.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for Christmas Recitals by hello my name is @ Today at 01:19 AM

Oh I hated memorizing pieces for recitals! : ) I approve : P
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Schedule by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 01:14 AM

I cannot stress the importance of learning to read the notes. This weakness dogged me through my entire student years. My first teacher, herself a concert pianist, tried to enourage my love of music by allowing me to skim over this essential and t
Page 2 of 64 < 1 2 3 4 63 64 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784
by pinkfloydhomer
12/07/16 04:01 AM
Stride Piano
by john f
12/07/16 03:54 AM
Pomodoro technique for pianists
by ldiebold
12/07/16 12:48 AM
Don't know what to say
by chasingrainbows
12/06/16 08:48 PM
I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500
by Beakybird
12/06/16 08:34 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,798 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,840 Topics
2,576,739 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission