Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
109 registered (3times2, Anita Potter, beeboss, 35 invisible), 1103 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Quote:One could conclude that there are lots of wonderful piano manufacturers, and not just in China. smile There are but there are those "buying" and others "being bought" Interesting to watch which one will belong to which cat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about progressions... by bennevis @ Today at 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By FatihI watched her video again and except for once she always played the first note of the bar with her pinky. The melody doesn't need to be on top and/or played with the pinky, though of course, it's easier to play if it is -
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wedding Prelude Music by Arghhh @ Today at 06:13 PM

I went with a Bach collection - Goldberg aria, prelude 13 and 1 from WTC I, then sheep may safely graze. Despite being assured the wedding would start on time, I quickly had to find more music to finish. I have to wonder, for the pop songs I played,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Windows 10 by BeowulfX @ Today at 06:09 PM

For those with plans to free-upgrade to Windows 10, you may want to check this article out: Rolling Back From Windows 10 to your older OS appears problematic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always the same? by Norbert @ Today at 06:08 PM

Quote:Poor old gokelly made his choice, a Yamaha grand. Usually, people send congratulations out when someone buys their new piano. But in this case, the guy got three snarky replies basically saying he was an idiot for buying the Yamaha. Not true -
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Genre of this Piece? by bennevis @ Today at 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By GenoSen The only composers I've heard able imitate the likeness of Chopin competently are Franz Liszt, Scriabin and the Prussian pianist Charles Mayer. No, those composers - at least, Liszt and Scriabin (I've never heard of Char
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about progressions... by AndrewJCW @ Today at 05:58 PM

The instructions on how to play music aren't hard rules. This is particularly true in playing an accompaniment with chords. Getting too hung up on the 'right' way of doing it isn't helpful, unless it's about hearing something you like and then workin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always the same? by michaelha @ Today at 05:56 PM

It sounds like we're all in agreement. OK, lock the thread. JK.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano "out of town" by Norbert @ Today at 05:54 PM

Quote: But what if I do fall in love with a piano out of town? Of course, I know it can be shipped but what about the final prep, and the servicing? Can I get a tech here to handle it? It just seems very scary to spend that much money "out of to
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by bennevis @ Today at 05:48 PM

"NO means NO" - to borrow a phrase which has been used in another context. In my line of work, I frequently have to deal with pushy/insistent people - not least, parents. Unfortunately, some of them have gotten used to getting their own wa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Genre of this Piece? by GenoSen @ Today at 05:43 PM

Quote:This is the sort of stuff that a movie composer could easily churn out in a few minutes, with the help of a volume of the Chopin nocturnes on the music rest. The only composers I've heard able imitate the likeness of Chopin competently are Fra
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Lucas Brookins RPTAnything but clean, solid unisons make the piano sound very dirty to me. If you want to change the tone of the piano, you do that with voicing, not detuning unisons. o yo you detune unison to make honky tonk p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano "out of town" by pianoloverus @ Today at 05:36 PM

I don't see any problem with buying out of town as long as you: 1. Try the piano beforehand 2. Find out if there's a good tech in your area that is recommended/OK'd by the dealer who can do any adjustments/tuning at the dealer's expense when you firs
Adult Beginners Forum
I played this morning and improved a lot. A separate question...any beginners find they were/are too stiff at the piano? I had some shoulder issues before I took up piano, so I'm very conscious about posture. Though I think I'm too stiff and uprig
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At long last! My new grand piano... by twocats @ Today at 05:18 PM

Congrats!!
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by Lucas Brookins RPT @ Today at 05:15 PM

I don't know, I wasn't there.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano "out of town" by Retsacnal @ Today at 05:13 PM

You're not over thinking...certainly something to be concerned about. At the same time, many people have no choice but to buy out-of-town, and I think often times people who are very particular have no choice but to buy out of town (assuming no local
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Genre of this Piece? by bennevis @ Today at 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By GenoSenI thank you for the insight but I've never heard commercial music of this quality. I understand, this short piece was written strictly for the commercial at hand, but I'd like to know if its based off a larger, contemporar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano "out of town" by Furtwangler @ Today at 05:01 PM

Nancy I am sending you a PM
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Grandpianoman @ Today at 04:52 PM

Continuing my exploration of the Entropy Piano Tuner....this time I used the Ipad/i436 combo, hung the i436 mic on a mic boom stand over the center of the piano plate in order to negate any vibrations that could possibly influence the recording of ea
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by David Izquierdo @ Today at 04:49 PM

Hi Daniel, the overall experience I've had with the CA97 is completely positive so far. I just wished it were as beautiful as the CS10 (missing that lid covering the buttons and LCD), but the rest of features are top. I'm loving the onboard sounds
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By Lucas Brookins RPTAnything but clean, solid unisons make the piano sound very dirty to me. If you want to change the tone of the piano, you do that with voicing, not detuning unisons. Did you think the Kawai in Denver sounded
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At long last! My new grand piano... by williambonard @ Today at 04:42 PM

Thank you all! I'm very pleased with my choice and cannot wait to get it into my home!
Jump to new posts Upright composite wippens/stickers? by mellowmeyer @ Today at 04:40 PM

I have an old Conway upright (1915), and I've basically rebuilt it except for the hammers (on the list!) and action. I know there's a lot of buzz about composite actions, but I seem to find they exist primarily for grands. I noticed Wessell, Nickel
Adult Beginners Forum
Ya sound like me, you two! Most o the stuff i play here however, is from music. But my memory stuff is usually tailored to the event. Like practicing at home is adventurous, with a high failure rate. Playing in public is in super safe mode. As l
Page 2 of 84 < 1 2 3 4 83 84 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Performance at Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facilities
by dogperson
08/01/15 08:19 PM
Upright composite wippens/stickers?
by mellowmeyer
08/01/15 04:40 PM
Buying a piano "out of town"
by nancyde
08/01/15 04:19 PM
At long last! My new grand piano...
by williambonard
08/01/15 03:23 PM
Baldwin Piano
by gracegren
08/01/15 03:22 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,917 Topics
2,431,988 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission