Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
127 registered (Adam Schaaf 58265, Albunea, 36251, accordeur, 255, 31 invisible), 1543 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano bench Reccomendations by Auntie Lynn @ Today at 06:09 PM

I have used a rolling office chair for years. The seat is soft, it has a back and it's all adjustable. Can't beat it with z drumstick...
Piano Forum
Basically get it tuned as often as you can afford. There's no need to get it done say, every week or every month, but you want to try and avoid it starting to howl. I have my piano tuned every 2 to 4 months, and the variance in whether it's 2 mont
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re-gluing Ivory Key Top by akin @ Today at 05:48 PM

I had a tuner who was working on my Steinway offer me to re-glue two missing ivory key tops on another piano I own. Even though I had some reservations about his ability in restoration work, I foolishly agreed. He used wood glue, and when it dried ou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New NY Steinway vs. New Shigeru SK6 by joe80 @ Today at 05:47 PM

Yeah that's true - European pianos really need to be mellower (generalisation I know), otherwise they can sound unbearable (another generalisation, but it's largely my experience). American pianos seem to be able to cope with being bright and sound
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Heller Vingt-cinq etudes faciles, op.45 by John v.d.Brook @ Today at 05:46 PM

Sounds like the Kabalevsky Toccatina might be way too easy for her, but I really like teaching it as it sure does give students a healthy dose of inverted triads, and also a chance to learn how to express a nifty left hand melody, while keeping the R
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, let's swing Hanon #1 by John v.d.Brook @ Today at 05:29 PM

As terrible and suckie as Hannon is, there are actually some interesting jazz versions out there. I'm too lazy to go through my totally disorganized music library and search out the title of one really good edition.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about scales by fizikisto @ Today at 05:26 PM

Unfortunately that's what it means. It means that the piece is built on the A minor scale. So what are the ramifications of that. Consider the C-major scale (the relative major scale of A minor). It has the same keys (all white notes) yet pi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: "Dyno" ? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 05:23 PM

Thanks! A whole new area to research! And Lounge Lizard might be just the right tool . . . .Charles
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about scales by pianoaspirant @ Today at 05:17 PM

bump does nobody know? Edit: sorry didn't see somebody already answered.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about scales by MRC @ Today at 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By pianoaspirantSay a piece is played in A-minor; what does that mean in other words than "it depends on the a-minor scale". I'd put it the other way round. The A-minor scales (there are different sorts: natural, melodic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by Stubbie @ Today at 05:10 PM

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, the bedroom is not the traditional room for a piano. For sure I won't be getting up and playing in the middle of the night if I have insomnia. But it was a space large enough for the piano and a space that required the lea
Piano Forum
Maybe the hammers one starts off with are important in terms of the sound being "American" or "European"? I'm not a piano technician, to my ears though there is a distinct difference in sound between the Steinway D and the D-274
Piano Forum
I thought you did. But then, you also know that there is a lot of skepticism about whether the current Baldwins are using the U.S. scale designs, or if they are something different. Similarly, there is some debate about whether the Samick Prambergers
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB Piano for Leisure series by Beth_Frances @ Today at 04:55 PM

Nooo!!!! There's no way you'd only be level 1 in Faber. 2B is the same level pieces as Preliminary in AMEB, 3A is the same as grade 1. I know Trinity is a bit easier, but it's not *that* much easier! With the Faber Studio Collection books they'r
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music name by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By DamonAvast blocks the first link with a threat detected. I won't try the other two. What about the signature link? It still is there . . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: (Sight) Reading material with prerequisites by bennevis @ Today at 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By 255 [*] easy, e.g. grade 1 or 2 [*] a lot of notes in one page: Please don't recommend things that do not fulfill these requisites, especially the last one. So I really need a storm of notes to print for my enjoyment and econo
Jump to new posts Re: GHS - Very Interesting Fact . . Black keys by Lazerlike42 @ Today at 04:47 PM

I believe what he is doing is providing a list of ratios for black keys of total key length (that is, the entire key including the part visible and the part hidden inside the digital piano) to the part which is visible/touchable outside. According
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by Lazerlike42 @ Today at 04:42 PM

I don't buy the claim that the escapement is an "undesirable" artifact that we just can't get out of grand piano actions, for at least two reasons. First (and most importantly), it's a reference point. It's like the little bump on the F a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: (Sight) Reading material with prerequisites by malkin @ Today at 04:36 PM

I'm not offended. When you are looking for free stuff you must remember that you'll get what you pay for. This goes for advice as well as for sheet music. You could try looking at your local library or on imslp.com.
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm starting on "Got Those Blues". It doesn't seem particularly difficult but this is the first time I am really feeling the limitations of my unweighted keyboard. You just can't vary the volume while you're playing with one of those.
Adult Beginners Forum
That sentence wasn't meant to be rude, it was just to stress the importance of the third point. Sorry if it sounded offensive.
Jump to new posts Re: New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings by pv88 @ Today at 04:32 PM

Does anyone else wish to review the recordings? Compare the "CFX" to the "Bosendorfer" Imperial: https://app.box.com/s/85w0sme9pddio6r2l4d5op9gdkzzd7xv Here is the "Upright" for WaterDweller: https://app.box.com/s/1z
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: (Sight) Reading material with prerequisites by malkin @ Today at 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By 255 Please don't recommend things that do not fulfill these requisites, especially the last one. Okay, I won't. Good luck!
Piano Forum
Yes Bleak, I DO know. I developed and executed Prambergers marketing campaign in 1997 and 1998. I am also a Baldwin dealer and have developed marketing strategies for them that are being used by many dealers. American scale design pianos can be manu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ Today at 04:23 PM

25 april Playing only Haydn today..........Sonates from series Hoboken 15, 16, and 17. Can't stop playing........ Regards, Johan B
Page 2 of 95 < 1 2 3 4 94 95 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Re-gluing Ivory Key Top
by akin
04/25/15 05:48 PM
A question about scales
by pianoaspirant
04/25/15 04:14 PM
Ok, let's swing Hanon #1
by rintincop
04/25/15 03:55 PM
(Sight) Reading material with prerequisites
by 255
04/25/15 03:43 PM
Regular tunings or only when it's out of tune?
by LS35A
04/25/15 03:13 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,039 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,535 Topics
2,399,723 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission