Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
Starts March 13 in NY!
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
92 registered (Beacon Chris, agraffe, AZ_Astro, ando, 22 invisible), 2016 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1975 Knabe Grand Piano by JodyT @ Today at 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboyWhat did you think when you played it? Loved it. Sounded great, much more mellow than the Yamaha.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on piano purchase by terminaldegree @ Today at 10:26 PM

All are definite possibilities, subject to condition and your personal preference. I would suggest you whittle the field down to perhaps your favorite piano or two pianos, and have a technician inspect the "finalist(s)". Otherwise, you'll
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1975 Knabe Grand Piano by terminaldegree @ Today at 10:14 PM

If it's functional and relatively in tune with itself (should be if it were serviced a year ago) and you like the way it sounds and plays, why the heck not for $800?? You can barely get a decent used upright piano that isn't a spinet or cheap consol
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by Kawai James @ Today at 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By keyboardologistI'm into thinking of replacing my ES100 for the newer ES110, mostly for the weight reduction. As far as I'm reading for now anyone thinks the action is equal or better on the ES110, does anyone has the opposite opi
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 vs Kawai CN37 by Kawai James @ Today at 09:46 PM

Hello terminaldegree, Originally Posted By terminaldegreeI believe these pianos are made to complete with each other. Before, I thought the Yamaha CLP 535 had a clear edge over the CN35, but the CN37 is a significant improvement. May I ask you to c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Verbal vs. Visual Memory by guitarjunior19 @ Today at 09:44 PM

My train of thought for example is for the purpose of learning third and fifth notes in the major scale for each key, etc. Yes, I understand that repetition has its place for creating muscle memory and cannot be replaced, but I think for the purpose
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Splitting Their Keyboard? by Falsch @ Today at 09:44 PM

I've often done so on the organs I've owned. Orchestra setup on upper manual Drawbars and/or strings on lower left Solo instrument on lower right I sometimes do so on the MP7: drawbars on right, piano left (for thundering bass).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on piano purchase by huaidongxi @ Today at 09:42 PM

not really familiar with all the model changes with kawai grands, but it seems that the R-1 began its life as a larger and more serious piano than the CA-40. obviously they've been subjected to variables since getting built, and your employing a pro
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another recital story by sara elizabeth @ Today at 09:42 PM

Wow that article was amazing! I wonder if I should be more okay with being vulnerable. Teaching fitness I can laugh at myself or make stupid jokes when I make a mistake. In piano, you don't get that chance to verbally defray your embarrassment. I don
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 9th Boston International Piano Competition by Robert Finley @ Today at 09:38 PM

The 9th Boston International Piano Competition will take place between June 22nd and 25th at the Longy School of Music of Bard College in Cambridge Massachusetts. We welcome highly talented amateur pianists over the age of 30 from around the world to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Verbal vs. Visual Memory by outo @ Today at 09:35 PM

Such simple memory techniques are good for memorizing things like words or numbers. They can be useful in memorizing some parts of music theory as well. I learned to draw the circle of fifths with the help of a memory trick. But it is not how you lea
Pianist Corner
I'm not breaking anything with my hands or feet!!! My husband and late son did Tae Keon Do. Not me.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Capstan button and key clearance by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 09:21 PM

Ian, I don't want to contradict Peter, but I don't think his definition of lost motion is the same as the upright. Because the grand does not have a hammer rest rail that is designed to actually support the hammer, there is always contact between t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1975 Knabe Grand Piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 09:20 PM

I don't think Aeolian was making any 6' Knabe grands then. My recollection is they made Knabes in 5'1", Model 501, 5'9", Model 509 and a few 6'4" which I think were model 604. I don't care for the 509. The design is poorly done and th
Jump to new posts Re: Kranich & Bach by Connor Price @ Today at 09:18 PM

I'll do that. Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Kranich & Bach by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 09:14 PM

The ones I've come across had non-standard actions that are nearly impossible to find action parts. They also had weak keyframes. If you want photos shoot me a PM and I'll send you some.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Model R Upright by Cardoctor416 @ Today at 09:08 PM

Hi, I finally got approved to post on this awesome forum. I recently purchased a Steinway upright piano. According to the factory it is indeed a Model R from,New York, not Hamburg and was built in 1896 in a mahogany finish. I sent a note back t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: George Steck Price?? Help me please by Plowboy @ Today at 09:07 PM

What country are you in? What was the price quoted? Most people consider George Steck to be inferior instruments.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The C In Bechstein? by keykeyzkeys @ Today at 09:07 PM

Thank you all.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The C In Bechstein? by keykeyzkeys @ Today at 09:07 PM

My job requires me to move around a lot. Even now I am out of town. Currently based in a small New England town that nobody ever heard of.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by malkin @ Today at 09:05 PM

Brewer is presently booking the last of our travel logistics which I will PM when complete. Finding a suitable sitter for the cats will present a significant challenge.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too Many Keys An Overkill? by keykeyzkeys @ Today at 09:04 PM

Ooooh. I bet most owners of the most expensive concert grands out there have never even used the extra keys. 88 more than enough. More than enough to play any of Mozart's compositions for the piano. More than happy for that.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1975 Knabe Grand Piano by Plowboy @ Today at 09:03 PM

What did you think when you played it?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: To those of you who learned this style with at teacher.. by guitarjunior19 @ Today at 08:58 PM

I am so tired of how some teachers think one shoe fits all. Thank you for being different and listening to your student and how he learns. Yes, some people do learn by "feel". I would teach the basics and then let the student blossom his wa
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By daniokeeperThere is one advantage I can think of for using the temperament within a fifth. It eliminates the risk of encountering the A4 to A3 dilemma. When setting a traditional temperament, usually A4 is tuned to a reference.
Page 2 of 88 < 1 2 3 4 87 88 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
9th Boston International Piano Competition
by Robert Finley
02/27/17 09:38 PM
Kranich & Bach
by Connor Price
02/27/17 08:48 PM
Verbal vs. Visual Memory
by guitarjunior19
02/27/17 08:38 PM
1975 Knabe Grand Piano
by JodyT
02/27/17 08:25 PM
Service manual Yamaha Clavinova clp-175
by Lyd
02/27/17 07:39 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,823 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,763 Topics
2,602,514 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission