Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
94 registered (ahoffmann, AZ_Astro, ando, angga888, AZNpiano, 22 invisible), 975 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DP stuck keys by Paolo70 @ Today at 04:20 AM

Hi Dwscamel, The issue you describe might also be caused by the breaking of a small part of the keys (a sort of small wing on the side of the key, that can only be seen by removing the key). If that is the case, you will need to replace the keys. R
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by Groove On @ Today at 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By BDBCPE Bach ranked improvisation the highest skill, followed by sight reading, with memorization last. That's fascinating, it turns my learning strategy upside down. I'm gonna have to re-think how I'm doing this! Re: memorizing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: *That* chord in Chopin's prelude in e minor by Celdor @ Today at 04:17 AM

Hi, Welcome in the forum Originally Posted By Lapinou... I wondered if anyone had any tips other than just practising it over and over, which I am doing and will continue to do...I was just hoping that some more experienced pianists might know way
Btw, the fact that my Pianoteq results for real time and offline are the same, mean that even that little bit of latency that I did measure is by design. Pianoteq wanted to generate that bit of latency. That's why I did the offline test as well - to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Because breaking up is hard to do by outo @ Today at 04:07 AM

Sometimes a break up is the only reasonable outcome, if both parties just suffer from the relationship. I tried to part as friends with my last one, but it isn't easy, when you have been subjcected to physical injury
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice about Gutting Baldwin Piano by ando @ Today at 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By yoerez 2. As for the price, this Baldwin piano was already 10-15 years old when I bought it and not in the best shape, the keys just don't have proper bounce back and several piano tuners I had here said that there's really nothi
Originally Posted By dire tonicI found the same as you for track bounce latency - zero. Maybe it's to be expected where there's no audio processing required, one track simply 'writing' sample data to another? Yes, I guess so. However, I think you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by Medden @ Today at 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90I remember the audience and the occasion more than the piano itself That is a very heart warming sentiment. Digitals do indeed have many advantages over accoustic, that are often overlooked. I wonder what our favourite
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Because breaking up is hard to do by wimpiano @ Today at 03:47 AM

Lol@wouter.. @earlofmar what about: PianoPlayer: It's not me, it's you, You have become to shallow.. Piece: Don't be so shallow, you are just unable to bring forward my immeasurable depth..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Today at 03:32 AM

Peter071 - Learning piano can certainly have its ups and downs. it is a difficult journey! I will place you back on the wagon today, and hopefully things will go better for you.
Originally Posted By anotherscott Back to the test, I am curious about what it is we're seeing that is "quiet" before the "meat" of the sound appears in each sample. It would be interesting to hear an MP3 of that much of the sound
Originally Posted By Kawai JamesBrometeo, If you have not done so already, may I recommend that you update to the latest CA97 software, available from: http://www.kawai-global.com/support/updates/ Please let me know if this improves the sound/playa
Originally Posted By emenelton It looks like the vsti has a 7 tenths of a millisecond latency or is it 7ms? 7ms seems like a long time for the instrument itself. - it's 7ms, not 0.7ms. As to 7ms being a long time - that's still a contentious issue
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by Medden @ Today at 03:28 AM

Shaking hands is caused by adrenaline running through your body. Natural response when we feel under threat. The good thing about adrenaline is that it speeds up all your reflexes and thinking, so if those fingers are trembling, you are probably pla
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beauty & Hope in the 21st Century No. 8 by Nikolas @ Today at 03:24 AM

Thank you. Glad you liked it!
I found the same as you for track bounce latency - zero. Maybe it's to be expected where there's no audio processing going on, one track simply 'writing' sample data to another? I'd have to assume that Cubase makes heavier work than Reaper of real-
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Damon Unfortunately, if you watch him live, you will see that he programs the octaves into the sound and just plays it with one hand. That makes it quite a bit easier than I thought. I tried to find a video of him playing the b
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Today at 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By OneWattDifferent strokes for different folks. Agreed. I also agree that the Nord uprights are very good, too. Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Technique Masterclass by Medden @ Today at 03:13 AM

Thanks for the links, I will certainly check those out.
Pianist Corner
It's beyond me why the Feinberg sonatas aren't more widely performed. Thanks for this find.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Technique Masterclass by Groove On @ Today at 03:11 AM

Also Seymour Bernstein, You and the Piano. Covers basic piano technique for using your arms, wrists & body. Video 01Video 02Video 03Video 04
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do Schumann's pieces have to be played as sets? by jeffreyjones @ Today at 03:05 AM

I love Schumann's early works, say up to Op. 28. The Fantasie is the best, and one of the greatest pieces of music ever written for the piano, but I always want to hear more of the Davidbundsler, which are wickedly inventive and original; the Humores
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingerings on sheet music by wouter79 @ Today at 02:53 AM

>is it common to have fingerings noted on music or is it more something you'd find in method books etc? Yes. I get the impression that the more complex the music the less fingerings but it's usual. I always put my own fingerings in. The printed
Pianist Corner
So are we having a vote on who should be played? There are two groups of composers I don't like: Those that have never appealed to me and those that I have grown to dislike after wider exposure to their music. Schumann and Tchaikovsky belong to th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Because breaking up is hard to do by wouter79 @ Today at 02:50 AM

Huh? Is this a response to attempt to join the 40 pieces a year club?
Page 2 of 106 < 1 2 3 4 105 106 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is it True Liszt Popularized watching pianist from the side?
by pianoman9
03/30/15 05:15 AM
Just Tried a Steinway A at a Friend's place
by pianoman9
03/30/15 05:11 AM
Kawai and Roland from same dealer in Scotland...
by paradice
03/30/15 04:45 AM
Piano Technique Masterclass
by Groove On
03/30/15 02:50 AM
Because breaking up is hard to do
by earlofmar
03/29/15 11:36 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,699 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,827 Topics
2,390,042 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission