Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Welcome Jay! Just do what your teacher says.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano and weight training by malkin @ Today at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkH ...On a regular day, I lift and play the piano both... Now there's a delightful bit of ambiguity!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Complete Gershwin Songbook by BDB @ Today at 03:44 PM

Gershwin did not need to arrange songs. He was a song plugger early in his career. He could rearrange his songs as he played them. That was a requirement for the job.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Michael Martinez @ Today at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Plowboy Last year, I played Bach on a piano in a Death Valley ghost town that probably hadn't been tuned, or regulated, in over a century. The action was a little rough. That would be fun to hear. You should have recorded it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Michael Martinez @ Today at 03:38 PM

Have a great time through-walking the AT. I've got a coworker here who did 30 days on the PCT last September (starting up north and working his way South.) I personally do a lot of hiking/backpacking, but I'm not a long-distance walker.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
It is Excel. Just about any modern spreadsheet application should open it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Complete Gershwin Songbook by the nosy ape @ Today at 03:35 PM

Were his songs published in both orchestral and piano accompaniment forms? Just curious.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1: a 3D model for any DIY purposes by fizikisto @ Today at 03:31 PM

MacMacMac, It has midi in and out, as well as USB.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven's ten greatest sonatas? by beet31425 @ Today at 03:28 PM

I have soft spots for certain G major movements with surprising moments and wistful secondary themes... last movement of op. 14/2, last movement of op.49/1, first movement of op.78. This summer, my musical world is op.109-111, three hours a day. It'
Jump to new posts Re: Why and why not adding lead weight to key by SMHaley @ Today at 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyA443 - Why do you keep assuming that performing pianists are all suffering when playing fine pianos in excellent condition? It is simply not true that all performance pianos, in most parts of the world, aren't ke
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype Teacher Wanted - Classical by Morodiene @ Today at 03:22 PM

Sometimes if my connection is bad I'll use my phone (4G) and tether it to my Macbook. I could Skype directly on my smartphone, but I find the screen to be too small and Skype for android isn't as good as the laptop version.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie to ABRSM exams by Chris H. @ Today at 03:21 PM

Forget about grades completely? I sometimes wish I could do that. There are a handful of students who don't get involved with grades, mainly my adult learners but also some children. They play for pleasure but they often make less progress than the
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1: a 3D model for any DIY purposes by MacMacMac @ Today at 03:10 PM

I had the same problem with my Clavinova. So I dropped the USB connection and I use MIDI instead. No more problems. Does the VPC1 have MIDI? Or only USB?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin BB fair price by Markarian @ Today at 03:08 PM

Mind if I ask if its the one at Classic in Bellevue?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype Teacher Wanted - Classical by Mark Polishook @ Today at 03:07 PM

Skype magic which for zapping glitches and gremlins: Reboot computers to clear memory. These days reboot times is usually fast. I've never had a situation that rebooting didn't resolve. Except I have one student in a country where the government and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Emergency help! by bennevis @ Today at 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: bennevis....a selection with nice tunes that won't take long to learn.... Grieg: Wedding Day at Troldhaugen Debussy's Estampes (or just Jardins sous la pluie - hint, hint... ) Mozart: Rondo in D, K4
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Complete Gershwin Songbook by Tony Romo @ Today at 03:07 PM

So you are saying that Gershwin only arranged 18 of the songs himself for piano? What about the other songs? So any of those other books I buy will just be arranged by someone else most likely?
Jump to new posts Re: Why and why not adding lead weight to key by Olek @ Today at 03:05 PM

Testing was certainly done, but I wonder what tonal result can be expected by balancing the keys with some front weight plus weight at the back. Sure the keys may flex more, but can it send more power to the whippen/hammer, ue to more mass ? I have
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos in the mind of the average American by JeanieA @ Today at 03:05 PM

My old Chickering Quarter Grand was actually considered for an episode of "History Detectives!" I purchased a vintage grand through some unusual circumstances a few years ago, story here, and upon having it cleaned and serviced we discove
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven's ten greatest sonatas? by Francisco Scalco @ Today at 03:04 PM

I think you should change the title to "favorite"... I know it's not the same thing, but ranking 'greatness' is a bit juvenile, isn't it? Ranks in general IMO... Either that or I'm missing the point. Is it 'greatest' as in 'best'? Anyways,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Emergency help! by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 03:04 PM

Ooh, a Chopin waltz sounds like a terrific idea. Quote:Actually, I'm play de Falla in the evening (indoors, on a Steinway,) so that settles the Spanish quota for one day. Poor Spain. People don't typically say "well, I played something Germa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Emergency help! by Parks @ Today at 02:59 PM

Oh, I always have something up my sleeve ; )
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1: a 3D model for any DIY purposes by David-san @ Today at 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: rezonanceCan you elaborate on the auto-on power? I use a computer without screen running a VST piano on Ivory Cantabile. If, for any reason, the VPC1 is switched off, then Cantabile looses the USB-MIDI connection and there is n
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven's ten greatest sonatas? by the nosy ape @ Today at 02:52 PM

I dont know if much people have pianos on their minds, due to the space needed, the weight (iron frame, toxic lead) that may be somewhat impractical an heavy. Only piano technicians are trained to do so ... We are somewhat special, I agree.
Page 2 of 100 < 1 2 3 4 ... 99 100 >
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (36251, accordeur, ando, AmateurBob, 48 invisible), 1708 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75349 Members
42 Forums
155789 Topics
2287585 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ten favorite Beethoven sonatas?
by JoelW
07/11/14 02:33 PM
Still looking
by capncaption
07/11/14 01:58 PM
Church&organ Willibrordus-church Kloosterburen(Nether
lands)

by Johan B
07/11/14 01:02 PM
Church & organ Willibrordus-church Kloosterburen-Nether
lands

by Johan B
07/11/14 01:00 PM
New recording by PW's Joseph Kubera gets sensational...
by pianoloverus
07/11/14 10:50 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission