Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
177 registered (ABC Vermonter, accordeur, Anita Potter, activee, ajames, 48 invisible), 1685 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Partial versus Full Regulation by MusicMagellan @ Today at 03:38 PM

Much thanks, BDB and Inlanding! That's exactly what I'll do. (I was leaning that way, but your posts gave me the shove I needed
Adult Beginners Forum
outo That was a nice greeting, outo! Seasonal and sounding a bit French . . . I wish I was French!
Adult Beginners Forum
kenjazz Ken, that was beyond cool! Horizontally laid back and very pro sounding. Couldn`t imagine listening to anything nicer . . . whilst having a wee dram or three . . .holed up in a hotel in Scotland (it snows there, you know) . . I can dream!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: jazzyprof One of the tones is clearly louder than the other... Yup. That's the only difference. They both obviously hit the keybed.
Originally Posted By: Herr WeissOriginally Posted By: SMHaleyIt would be all too easy to speculate or cast judgement, especially since we weren't there and can only presume based on your view and interpretations. What else do you need, a video??
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Snow - Merry Christmas 2014! by Pukino777 @ Today at 03:20 PM

Snow-piano solo for you and Merry Christmas to all! PDF
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clarifying arm weight technique by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pianolearnerstrideSo one finger needs to support the entire arm (prevent it from falling down), if you're playing only one note? Take a structural engineering look at it: Sit at the piano with your hands on the keyboard,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Chortle.
Jump to new posts Re: Experienced pianist: digital piano to "replace" grand by anotherscott @ Today at 03:12 PM

Okay, I guess if you want it to work more simply, it might be worth budgeting more for the computer and getting a Mac...
Hammers aside, if I'm not mistaken there is also different makes of strings going on between the two. While perhaps less critical in the plain wire, there will be a difference in the wrapped.
Pianist Corner
There is a mechanical aspect to piano playing which is not really present in any other non-percussion instrument, and I think it is helpful to practise some passages in an entirely mechanical manner, so that you don't think about its execution - you
Jump to new posts Re: Moving from desert to ocean by Silverwood Pianos @ Today at 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cullamHow concerned should I be with all this? Considerably Originally Posted By: cullamShould I strongly prefer to find a piano from a climate closer to my own? Yes
Jump to new posts Re: CP50 noisy key... by Auver @ Today at 02:54 PM

If you have warranty, deliver it to a shop. If not, it's _generally_ harmless to open up a keyboard and take a look. There's very few things you can break (if you're being careful).
Pianist Corner
Focus on the task, and not what is around you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: forum extremely slow? by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: casinitalyProbably there is a problem with Hailun now because PianoWorld asked them to make a change to their code to use a faster site - maybe somebody goofed? I flagged these new updates to Mr. PW, and as he has replied to m
Originally Posted By: anotherscott And since the computer is dedicated, you can leave it powered up and in place (in sleep mode) and always be ready to play in seconds. Unfortunately, in my case at least, it doesn't quite work that smoothly. I have
Jump to new posts Re: More instruments via MIDI? by anotherscott @ Today at 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: badbob001I have a Casio Priva PX-750. I understand that I can connect it to a computer via midi-over-usb. Is there any software that will allow me to play new instruments somehow loaded on the computer-side? I'm only interested
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do we play? by Jytte @ Today at 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprung Going from barely being able to figure out some music to playing it fluently is a challenge. Some people play golf or climb mountains, mostly for the satisfaction that comes from getting measurably better at somethin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Question about hanno. by activee @ Today at 02:42 PM

Hey about hannon exercices of the virtuoso pianist. When I play it in other keys than C, should I use the same fingering ? Because for example Dm is weird at some places. thanks in advance.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: NorbertI'm honestly blown away how many people are reading here. Is this for real? Norbert Perhaps people read more seven and a half years ago! I did more reading seven and a half years ago, s
Jump to new posts Re: Experienced pianist: digital piano to "replace" grand by anotherscott @ Today at 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisbuying another 500 computer just for a digital?? (and obviously having to buy software stuff, sight unseen, sound unheard & untested.......) The cost of a high quality action plus a 500 computer is still a lo
Pianist Corner
As in my first topic http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2363095 I wrote about my technical problem. But today I suddenly think about my teacher who told me once "your fast ballade 1 scale in the last page problem is not technical
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prokofiev Toccata by Hakki @ Today at 02:30 PM

I think you have to re-think about your phrasing and about your accents, in general throughout the piece. Your approach is far away from the usual interpretations of this piece that I am accustomed to. But honestly I could not like it very much. May
Jump to new posts Re: The New custom-modded VPC1 by RavenworksDesign! by sullivang @ Today at 02:29 PM

FWIW, this appears to be a Kawai patent that mentions the use of bismuth: http://www.sumobrain.com/patents/jp/Key-keyboard-musical-instrument-method/JP2008090164A.html Greg.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relax Stretch exercises by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:29 PM

Here's a piano-specific set of exercises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zYLHJqnzpxU This young lady is a lot better pianist than I'll ever be, and a lot more flexible, too.
Page 2 of 105 < 1 2 3 4 ... 104 105 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
SSHD running VST
by daz100
12/22/14 05:01 PM
do you recommend further service?
by ShannonG
12/22/14 04:34 PM
Is this now real enough?
by Philip_Johnston
12/22/14 04:21 PM
Quick question
by Phil Greenough
12/22/14 03:51 PM
Question about hanno.
by activee
12/22/14 02:42 PM
Forum Stats
77395 Members
42 Forums
160064 Topics
2350579 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission