Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R vs. STEINWAY M by Del @ Today at 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: tdvHi Ed A. Hall: I am just curious at the age, size and sound of that Everett small grand. I just picked one up sight unseen and put it in temp storage and have not had time to really look at it. All I know at this point is tha
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by Starboard @ Today at 01:58 AM

I'm coming across some weird pedal behavior and I'm trying to work out whether it may be related to the shipping damage difficulty I'm dealing with. When the piano section voice is changed away from the bootup default Concert Grand (section 1, categ
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Parks @ Today at 01:57 AM

This one is a true story: Leon Fleisher at six years old met Rachmaninov backstage after a concert. Rachmaninov asked him, 'Do you wish to became a pianist?' Eagerly, little Leo replied 'Yes!' Rachmaninov, with much dower, gave him this blessing,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: A443Colour Unisons within the context of a CM chord (equal temperament)--first without pedal, chord, then with pedal. The resonance at the end of the clip comes from the extra bass notes controlled by the pedal. Please listen in
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: swpianoHi, I'm looking into buying an used Steinway grand.[...] Is Steinway the only brand you are considering? If so, why? Regards,
Piano Forum
nlive : Why would you write that this is a Model K when the description of the piano clearly says otherwise? Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 initial impressions by fizikisto @ Today at 01:45 AM

James Thanks! I appreciate it Jay Thanks for the kind words! Roland has done an outstanding job with the RD800. I'll look forward to checking out the video series when it's put up. Warm Regards
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin BB with Live Performance by eugene_bb @ Today at 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: ECPEugene, I think your best option is to cancel. I know that this is going to create a fire storm but I think these systems devalue pianos eventually. I have the most beautiful M&H in my shop that I just removed the player
This is somewhat realistic indeed. the sound miss it's "3d" dimension but the enveloppe recall the one of the different unison. Does the frequency shift reproduce the phase "Weinreich" effect? Possibly as based on real sample
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions by sinophilia @ Today at 01:38 AM

In at number 6 earlofmar, can't wait to hear your Chopin, I want to learn that too!
Jump to new posts piano technician cost list by ascc @ Today at 01:36 AM

Hello, I'm planning on starting a piano tuning business and I'm curious on how I should charge for the various services. I know that it differs in terms of where you live and so on, but at least I could get an idea and reference. Would be greatly app
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Liszt on Steinway A3 by Reno @ Today at 01:35 AM

Piano Forum
Here is a real K, much more recent.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions by AZ_Astro @ Today at 01:22 AM

I'm in! It's really been delightful seeing the variety, and I have found several pieces that have made their way into my Must Learn queue! It's a nice way of getting exposure to a wider scope of piano music than I would otherwise bump into.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chorales for CATS by custard apple @ Today at 01:20 AM

Happy Birthday Knotty !
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chorales for CATS by custard apple @ Today at 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: SunnyFridayI've written two Two-Voice Compositions and posted them on the Composers' Forum (with trepidation) if you would care to listen. Thanks! Link to Composers' Forum Thread Hi Sunny Thanks for posting your compositi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by PaperClip @ Today at 12:58 AM

What do you do if a pianist is limping after playing a concert? - Shoot it again.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital keyboard actions and price range question. by Charles Cohen @ Today at 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: littlebirdblue. . . I made two wrong assumptions when I went for PX-150; 1) I thought I'd be using a headset most of the time but it turns out it's just too hot to wear one and 2) I wouldn't want to get back to learning piano s
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 initial impressions by Kawai James @ Today at 12:54 AM

fizikisto, congrats! You're lucky to have two great stage pianos to play. Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello everyone! My practice today consisted of reviewing the material in Alfreds all in one book, starting at the C positon (pg 12) and doing all the exercises and songs up to the G position (pg 50). I may have fumbled a little here or there, but for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with dynamics by noobpianist90 @ Today at 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottYour job is deciding HOW to crescendo, including how far to crescendo, and then what to do after that. Thank you for that. I think that was exactly what I was asking.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 initial impressions by Jay Roland @ Today at 12:39 AM

Hey fizikisto, Thanks so much for your purchase and I'm glad your initial impressions live up to the hype that I think the RD800 deserves. To your 2nd point about the sensitivity. Absolutely. The RD doesn't do a good job of hiding any flaws that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: ParksOriginally Posted By: PaperClipHow much money did you make last year?". The third guy replies rather embarrassed, "$52,000" The second guy replies, "We had no idea you we
Awesome. Thanks for all the help James!
Jump to new posts Roland RD800 initial impressions by fizikisto @ Today at 12:28 AM

I've been thinking of upgrading my Yamaha P250 for a long while now. Well, I found a good home for it, so it was time. I've had a chance to play the RD800 a few times, and I absolutely fell in love with the action. I came into a bit of extra money
Page 2 of 113 < 1 2 3 4 ... 112 113 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (barmassimo, Atrys, accordeur, AZ_Astro, 22 invisible), 1212 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156326 Topics
2295889 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
piano technician cost list
by ascc
08/01/14 01:36 AM
Liszt on Steinway A3
by Reno
08/01/14 01:35 AM
Roland RD800 initial impressions
by fizikisto
08/01/14 12:28 AM
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/01/14 12:17 AM
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
07/31/14 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission