Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
125 registered (Alexander Borro, accordeur, AliceInPianoland, alerique, 36251, 28 invisible), 1653 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recording advice needed by wouter79 @ 02/05/16 09:45 AM

Here is a thread where I discussed mic placement with other forum members. dpa4060 mic placement I place my mics at different places and you can hear the differences. A few cm can make a huge difference. Room acoustics start playing a big rol
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Messian prelude - question on notes by Eric NYC @ 02/05/16 09:45 AM

Nikolas & beet31425: Thanks for the suggestions.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By JoBertThe image that you embedded doesn't work for me. It shows up as a broken image. When I paste its URL "http://s8.postimg.org/4uzu8li8k/SCTC_pic.jpg" into the browser address bar, I notice that this redirects me to
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Introduction and Prelude No. 3 by Steve Chandler @ 02/05/16 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By gioiosoBut I am not a DAW expert, and it would take me far too much time to master such a system. I´d rather spend my time writing some new music. Nevertheless, I still think that even a poor electronic playback can be useful (
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm making progress after about a month break due to performing Carmen. I'm working on the Italian Concerto, and I'm at the point where I need to do some work with the metronome for consistency in tempo in the first movement. I've been focusing on th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by toyboy @ 02/05/16 09:38 AM

And Charles Ives an insurance salesman!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by Peter K. Mose @ 02/05/16 09:37 AM

However you handle this, I would wait until the close of the semester. You want this professor to continue to give you her all, and the likelihood is that she no longer will once you tell her.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you all for your responses. I haven't yet started my lessons but I thought if this was some new method that it may be worth discussing with my teacher. I am not worried about transposing and such as of yet, I just didn't want to learn the tradi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to tell if a piece is your level by dogperson @ 02/05/16 09:34 AM

Use of any grading system, whether it be a book or a website, will have its own built-in system, which will not be the same as other grading systems. For instance, a '5' in one will not equate to a '5' in another. If you use one, see how what you p
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy Fugue is back better than ever. by Steve Chandler @ 02/05/16 09:34 AM

Hi Nikolas, Thank you for your positive comments. I'm very glad you liked this piece. You laid down a challenge without really trying to and I couldn't leave it alone. I will work on cleaning up the score. I usually find all kinds of issues when I w
Adult Beginners Forum
Ok, thanks, you both, that makes sense. Indeed, a large part of my problem with these ornaments seems to be that I don't have a good rhythmic image of them. I think my first step will be to write out the whole measure by giving the ornaments real no
Adult Beginners Forum
If you are currently taking piano lessons, just keep doing that and stay away from all those "Instant" methods on the internet. All most of that stuff amounts to is bits and pieces of how music works and is designed to get you to give some
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Henle going digital! by jpelt78 @ 02/05/16 09:21 AM

Pricing varies by how many credits you purchase at a time. I don't have my iPad so I can't check them. I think 1000 for $75 was the best deal with higher prices for smaller increments.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The last few miles of learning a piece? by Ataru074 @ 02/05/16 09:18 AM

Two quick things but more for late intermediate / advanced players. 1) The ability to change articulation, interpretation quickly is a necessity. Once a piece is learned in should not be written in stone but be somehow more fluid like a river in its
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recording advice needed by wouter79 @ 02/05/16 09:18 AM

Classic or jazz? Jazz: close to the strings. Classic: depends on the piece and the room acoustics. Generally, far enough to get rid of most noise from action and pedaling. Amount of acoustics from the room then determine the rest. Typically at lea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to tell if a piece is your level by INBoston @ 02/05/16 09:17 AM

OMG, that 8 year old!!!! Showed her to my kids, who are 8 and 7 and told them they have work to do, lol Jim, thank you, that's a helpful guide, I think I might buy it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by chopin_r_us @ 02/05/16 09:17 AM

Borodin was a chemist. Faraday a bookbinder!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by stamkorg @ 02/05/16 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By StefanMThanks for the feedback CPShines, but I think the HP605 doesn't have the large 10" woofers that the LX7/LX17 have. Those most certainly add something to any HP605 hissing you may be hearing. It is not my imagination
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 6 months on... by Ataru074 @ 02/05/16 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By outoDepending on what you do for your living, piano practice is often relying on the same mental and physical resources. So for someone working full time an hour of deliberate practice is a lot, but for someone who has all day to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by wouter79 @ 02/05/16 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By IncongruousOriginally Posted By wouter79I would not take it so harsh. They may be really concerned? Why can't you explain the reason? It's not that my teacher is easy to offend. I feel guilty because of all her time and the f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to tell if a piece is your level by JimF @ 02/05/16 08:58 AM

Whenever I have questions about difficulty levels I consult Jane McGrath's excellent book... Pianist's Guide to Standard Teaching and Performance Literature Very extensive coverage of composers and pieces, including musical descriptions, level e
Adult Beginners Forum
I haven't watched the video, but from the description it sounds to me like something that is best left alone for now. Transposing because a singer may need a different key only happens if you frequently accompany singers. Most pianists won't ever enc
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer action feel and NOISE in portable keyboards... by sonicblasphemy @ 02/05/16 08:45 AM

Hey Marko, thanks for reading my post! As I saw, you play on some top-notch SP's - RD-800 and CP4. Could you please describe them to us, having in mind the attributes of interest? If you can relate to GH/GHS/BH, Ivory Feel-S/G, Privia's, RH3/NH (KOR
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to practice appoggiaturas and acciaccaturas? by hreichgott @ 02/05/16 08:44 AM

For your first few pieces with grace notes and ornaments it will help a lot to figure out what rhythm you want to have for the ornament. Which notes fall on the beat, which before or after, whether they resemble 8th notes or 16ths or what, and how th
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By QazsedcftYou're doing 1 hour a day only exercises or 1 hour a day in total? Exercises shouldn't be more than 20% of your time and the rest should be on repertoire and musicianship (sight reading, ear training, etc).That's interes
Page 29 of 93 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Funeral marches for piano
by Flerka
47 minutes 10 seconds ago
Is it possible to use Piano Maestro on Android?
by Finfan
Today at 12:17 PM
Is there an accordion section to this forum?
by darticus
Today at 08:00 AM
Need help! Anyone know about Kawai DS-8B ?
by Winkplay
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
hunidifier system
by andyvn579
Yesterday at 08:37 PM
Forum Stats
82,504 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,320 Topics
2,493,049 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission