Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
67 registered (AndrewJCW, ascc, augustm, AprilE, 15 invisible), 863 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by INBoston @ 05/27/16 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgott^Yep. (I am SO glad they let me quit soccer!) Haha! That's how I feel (sadly) about most sports my parents made me do.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here know... by Steve Chandler @ 05/27/16 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By Terry MichaelThank you everyone and Pianostudent88 for such a detailed explanation. Very helpful. I never thought of midway points or sub collections within the bar. Makes perfect sense. It's a way of being 'musician friendly' p
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesI take lessons from the same teacher as both of my kids do and it's been a rewarding experience! My older daughter (12) and I played a four hand piece for the student recital last year and it was a lot of fun to do.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: False beats - some physics and some fiction by Gene Nelson @ 05/27/16 10:30 PM

I agree that Ron was focused on solid string terminations at the bridge. that is the problems with these pianos. I will attempt to simply plain the existing cap (rether than recapping) to eliminate seasonal induced string grooves and epoxy in new pin
Jump to new posts Re: Harp Bolts by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/27/16 10:26 PM

Use some masking tape to restrain the washer from movement until your tech can adjust things.
Jump to new posts Zeitter and Winkelmann appraisal by sol123 @ 05/27/16 10:16 PM

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here it goes. I have a zeitter and winkelmann piano that has printed inside data from medals won since 1851 is the oldest one. For example it says: "Gold and Silber medaillen Lond
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts A crazy Kawai cs8 question... by ADWyatt @ 05/27/16 10:05 PM

I know this sounds odd, but I much prefer the tone of Kawai's higher-end digital pianos to that of any acoustic upright, regardless of brand or series model. (However, I'll admit at the same time that no digital piano can equal the experience of play
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by JohnSprung @ 05/27/16 10:04 PM

Octaves comfortably. Ninths comfortable black to black, but only on the tips of the keys white to white. Tenths I can stretch with discomfort, not at all practical for playing.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By sarir97That's an excellent question. Same mom that insists on color choices is also insisting on a baby grand. Furniture and looks... That's the problem in a nutshell. You can get a fine used vertical that will have good re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Appraisal of Becker grand piano by JohnSprung @ 05/27/16 09:55 PM

Per Google Translate, the big text says they're the supplier to the emperor of Russia and the emperor of Austria The little part just says J. Becker St. Petersburg. This isn't a big name maker, and parts for it may be non-standard and hard to get.
Jump to new posts Re: False beats - some physics and some fiction by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/27/16 09:51 PM

I have read them. Part of the problem discussing false beats is defining what types of "sounds" we hear in a piano string are false. The term "false" is often used broadly to mean any periodic or near periodic fluctuation in volum
Jump to new posts Re: Soft pedal problem after tuning. by rXd @ 05/27/16 09:49 PM

Experienced technicians know that when the presenting problems are heavy touch and dull tone quality, the first thing to do is brighten the tone. (often just tuning will do that). Most times, the action will subjectively feel lighter when the tone q
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here know... by Terry Michael @ 05/27/16 09:41 PM

Thank you everyone and Pianostudent88 for such a detailed explanation. Very helpful. I never thought of midway points or sub collections within the bar. Makes perfect sense. It's a way of being 'musician friendly' perhaps.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by SiFi @ 05/27/16 09:05 PM

Fairly normal, I would think: 10ths on white notes comfortably in the LH; 9ths and some 10ths (e.g. F#-A) in the RH. "But only hands normal"!
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by terminaldegree @ 05/27/16 08:51 PM

I oversaw a few Roland and Yamaha digital class piano labs at various stops in my college teaching career, and it's a little difficult to answer this question definitively. Amplifiers and speakers seemed to hold up well for the usable lifespan of th
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by JEB NYC @ 05/27/16 08:45 PM

I finally replaced my Technics PX-103 last year. It was 21 years old. I had played it regularly but not heavily, and it mostly still worked fine. But some of the keys were thumping rather loudly, and even though the problem keys could sort of be fixe
Jump to new posts Re: Waldorf blofeld by ElmerJFudd @ 05/27/16 08:44 PM

If you buy one, that's a 50% off thing going on right now for the SL option. Blofeld that is. http://waldorf-music.info/en/license-sl-sample-option
Adult Beginners Forum
I take lessons from the same teacher as both of my kids do and it's been a rewarding experience! My older daughter (12) and I played a four hand piece for the student recital last year and it was a lot of fun to do. I'm still well ahead of them bot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Appraisal of Becker grand piano by Rohan @ 05/27/16 08:38 PM

Hi all: I would like to get a sense of the value of my piano (late 19th century as far as I know). This is the inscription and registration number: "Я Беккерь С.Петербург (in Russian) 8652 " and under the strin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by hreichgott @ 05/27/16 08:34 PM

Rolling chords, and/or playing the bass note ahead of the melody note, was pretty common in Scriabin's age. Maybe he just assumed people would.
Piano Forum
It's an interesting choice: One instrument is from a maker known for economically priced pianos, however its design is relatively new and the action technology that's in it is cutting-edge. The other is from a more established maker known for consist
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by joe80 @ 05/27/16 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By WavesfactoryOriginally Posted By joe80Jesús, just because the studio opened in '89 we don't know if Freddie bought the piano in '89 or if the piano was made in '89. Is it a full concert grand or is it a smaller grand? What I hea
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by Morodiene @ 05/27/16 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacWhere did you read that only a piece of foam distinguishes the HD555 and HD595 models? Maybe he was referring to Beats.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve my playing? by hreichgott @ 05/27/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By Cedric De Boomif I don't have a exercise plan to stick to, I tend to just mess around after some time and become inpatient. So, currently, I do not "have a daily regimen of scales, chords and arpeggios plus an etude" (a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Wavesfactory @ 05/27/16 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By joe80Jesús, just because the studio opened in '89 we don't know if Freddie bought the piano in '89 or if the piano was made in '89. Is it a full concert grand or is it a smaller grand? What I heard (not 100% sure) is that the st
Page 29 of 90 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 89 90 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano solo or accompaniment only?
by marimorimo
05/30/16 03:15 AM
Tunelab - multiple peaks in high treble
by ascc
05/30/16 02:10 AM
Technique Book?
by schlaigs
05/29/16 10:32 PM
Yamaha Clavinova Troubles
by StartwithBach
05/29/16 08:58 PM
Dave Frank/Pat Martino duo - Lean Years
by Dfrankjazz
05/29/16 07:45 PM
Forum Stats
83,809 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,023 Topics
2,529,118 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission