Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (AZNpiano, beet31425, AZ_Astro, 24 invisible), 1171 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by Dru Morgan @ 03/02/15 10:38 AM

One, flat three, four... five, flat seven one! (yep, silly and totally memorable)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by wimpiano @ 03/02/15 10:35 AM

Nope, I am not, however my better half is (still) less advanced at the piano. I have no doubt however she will catch up soon and leave me far behind .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone to watch for - Eric Lu by verqueue @ 03/02/15 10:33 AM

They put the results on their site - http://chopin.org/2015-Chopin-National-Competition-Press-Release-2015-Winners-Announced.pdf
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by sinophilia @ 03/02/15 10:33 AM

I took the course last year, it's very nice. I can still remember the pentatonic scale only because the teacher made up that silly song! Cool guy.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by Tom Christian @ 03/02/15 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By wimpianoRobert Schumann himself suffered from a severe hand injury which prevented him from pursuing a concert career. Of course, Robert had Clara, by reputation the better pianist in any case. Problem solved. We're on our own!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano by Swarth @ 03/02/15 10:21 AM

Only a qualified restoration expert could tell you if it even possible or worth the cost to bring your piano up to snuff. Uprights of this age are 95%+ useless as a piano and hold value mostly for sentimental reasons. The exception to this is those
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Moonsh1ne @ 03/02/15 10:19 AM

Recorded Chopin's 4th prelude for my 40 piece challenge, and my first Chopin piece. Woo hoo!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: N1 adding external speakers by Carlos-CR @ 03/02/15 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By Bennevis I'd keep the PHA-III. The AG action is hard work (though not insurmountable) and I can see why there are concert pianists who like to do repetitive technical stuff on it late at nights, with the volume turned down. But
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone to watch for - Eric Lu by Valencia @ 03/02/15 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By verqueue Sorry for offtop, but do you know who get other prices? There is no information about it on their site... Sorry I can't remember their last names, but George won 3rd and Rachel won second. and then George won a prize
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by Dru Morgan @ 03/02/15 10:16 AM

Yes, my daughter is a singer and laughs every time he tries to sing the intervals. But, I can mentally skip past that part and am learning a lot about the makeup of scales, triads, and now major and dominant 7th chords. And, for my money, learning th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by Greener @ 03/02/15 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By noobpianist90Originally Posted By Greener... We looked at this in a study thread along with several other Clementi works ... Thank you. Which thread is that? I would like to take a look at it. I haven't really done any analysis w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By lolatuOriginally Posted By peterwsTook a year for the shop to sort it out. That must have been quite a repair bill... Covered under warranty. Trouble was, I'd screwed two handles on it for carrying purposes. . . and used it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by wimpiano @ 03/02/15 10:08 AM

Lol! I've gotta try Mendelssohn.. does he have anything accessible?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by Medden @ 03/02/15 10:08 AM

I took the first two weeks of this course. It was easy to follow and interesting. The teacher's mucical style wasn't really to my personal taste, so I quit, but don't let that put people off trying.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by peterws @ 03/02/15 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By wimpianoRobert Schumann himself suffered from a severe hand injury which prevented him from pursuing a concert career. It might have had to do with his own music. (Although possible mentioned reasons include: A mechanical device
Adult Beginners Forum
I follow a simple process of telling myself... Teachers know when students are making mistakes because of nerves. Teachers know pupils play much better unwatched, without distraction, and they expect and compensate for this. My teacher will notice
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by ZikO @ 03/02/15 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By wouter79ZikO, I would recommend 24 bits anyway for high quality recording. ... Well. Yes I do record using 24-bit but if someone needs to save space 16-bits does not hurt that much. Originally Posted By wouter79For the 48 vs 96,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unknown (to me) Grieg Op 3 by Ganddalf @ 03/02/15 09:57 AM

Very rarely played in Norway... I know the title, but never heard the pieces performed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic Quality of recordings by peterws @ 03/02/15 09:53 AM

When you record, the waveform is shown in audacity as pleasant looking pine forest with trees at varying heights according to the volume you play. . . I might have to do a bit of editing to accentuate this effect a bit more if I can't find a solution
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas Too by adamp88 @ 03/02/15 09:53 AM

Well done, Lucas!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic Quality of recordings by Carlos-CR @ 03/02/15 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsDynamic range. You do your best to incorporate light and shade in your efforts. Sounds OK in the flesh, so to speak. But having recorded, the result seemed rather toned down in that department, like by half! Maybe this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: February 2015 PW Concert Program by Pathbreaker @ 03/02/15 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By doctor SYes, while listening to the piu allegro, which was brisk enough, I realized it all hung together. (Maybe I was hoping you could cheat?) Wish I could! If I did that it would be too obvious. Cheating takes a lot of skil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by zrtf90 @ 03/02/15 09:50 AM

Valencia, you might start a thread for the Raindrop prelude if you're thinking of learning it. Carl is working on it already and I'm thinking of adding it as well now. It's generally considered an 'easy' piece for advanced pianists but it's the fine
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by Charles Cohen @ 03/02/15 09:49 AM

Several previous comments note a problem with what you're doing: . . . It's difficult to speed up the process. So -- along with the break-it-down-and-reassemble learning that you're doing now -- I think you should be doing sight-reading exercises.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic Quality of recordings by Medden @ 03/02/15 09:48 AM

A handy method for me was using PianoTeq. It shows the velocity you've hit the keys as a number. I had fun trying to keep the numbers consistently low or high. Seeing the instant feedback of how I just hit a key was so beneficial, compared to recor
Page 29 of 117 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 116 117 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 3/3/15
by Dfrankjazz
03/04/15 12:34 AM
Practice Rooms: Steinway Uprights vs. Cheaper Grands
by Bassano
03/03/15 11:36 PM
Super Mario Piano Medley - Yamaha CP4
by VikaKim
03/03/15 08:57 PM
Short announcement: Sauter pianos
by Norbert
03/03/15 08:50 PM
I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it.
by VikaKim
03/03/15 08:49 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,055 Topics
2,379,413 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission