Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
166 registered (ajames, Anita Potter, Almaviva, ando, 43 invisible), 1838 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Do you have a specific drive? by wr @ 01/24/15 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JonnyJohnOriginally Posted By: wrFWIW, I rarely notate compositions - I just do them in my head and let it go at that. But, speaking of drive, for some reason that is totally mysterious to me, in the last few weeks I have disco
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by Pathbreaker @ 01/24/15 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersI just checked and found that, in addition to Egon Petri in both sets of variations, there now is a live recording from 2014 of Ivo Pogorelich performing the Paganini Variations. I can't listen right now, I still
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me name this classic piece? by pianolearnerstride @ 01/24/15 04:08 PM

This piece by Couperin?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Placing the temperament strip in a birdcage by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 01/24/15 04:08 PM

Not for beginners, but tuning Double String Unisons makes tuning a birdcage with the Papps mute even easier; you don't have to try and insert the Papps between two strings of the same note - that can be a really tiny target. Just insert between two n
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me name this classic piece? by pianolearnerstride @ 01/24/15 04:07 PM

Hmmm... can you watch this and see if you hear it anywhere? This includes variations on the sonata bennevis posted
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Which way to go? by Fatih @ 01/24/15 04:06 PM

Hey guys, I am 24. I just finished Alfred's Adult Vol 1. book. I can do some sightreading. I found a piano course but all tutors are specialized in classic music. But what i wanna do is to be able to play some contemporary songs(Queen, Guns n R
Adult Beginners Forum
From your previous thread it sounded as though you eventually wanted to be able to pick up any piece of music and play it or to accompany others. You have probably made progress in sightreading, but sightreading is but one aspect of the game. How d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New Piano Design by Fugue14 @ 01/24/15 04:03 PM

Hmmm...I don't know about this... http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/ent...4458_video.html
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to score ascending or descending lines by wouter79 @ 01/24/15 04:01 PM

> I can understand why a reader does not like to see double sharps and flats. I think generally there are two reasons to pick a key ("number of sharps or flats") 1. It may be dictated by the feel that it gives you; eg you like the sou
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sustain pedal behaviour - Kawai CS7 by lolatu @ 01/24/15 04:01 PM

Not to excuse the behaviour of the instrument, but the chords in the left hand are marked forte in the score, while the held F# is presumably still pp. So it shouldn't really be possible to hear the first F# cutting out since that note has been re-st
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by lophiomys @ 01/24/15 04:01 PM

Sinclairgsport, I do not want a sampler, I do not want to expand, I am just after a more pleasant piano sound inside the MP7. Nothing specifically techie. Since the MP7 is not even one year old, and new piano samples just have been released by Kawai
Jump to new posts Re: Can't get rid of crackles with Vintage D by tiesto81 @ 01/24/15 03:56 PM

Unfortunately, I am running it through the scarlett because I at first had everything running through the headphone jack. The scarlett cleared that up since I was getting too much signal noise from the headphone jack for some reason (and others comme
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by piano_primo_1 @ 01/24/15 03:56 PM

I recorded the chorus of "Lullaby of the Bells" from Phantom of the Opera movie 1943, and I am practicing the other half for the whole piece in February. At least I hope to ..... Oddly the score had accompaniment of a Ukulele. which I might "midi i
Jump to new posts Re: Can't get rid of crackles with Vintage D by dire tonic @ 01/24/15 03:53 PM

I would try it first without using the Focusrite at all, just use the internal audio and connect the headphone output to your monitors or just use headphones. Also, you don't need to use a high sample rate - try running instead at 48 or 44.1 (which
Jump to new posts Re: Placing the temperament strip in a birdcage by chopin_r_us @ 01/24/15 03:52 PM

Great. Ordered that. I need it for my Pleyel birdcage.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diversity in Music Education by turandot @ 01/24/15 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: AJFMore diversity in schools would be nice. However (and I can only base my impression on my own small corner of the world--Toronto) the reality is that most music schools today would laugh at this discussion as they are so bogg
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me name this classic piece? by Baracat @ 01/24/15 03:46 PM

No not at all. The piece is not played in the right key. Sorry. I know it is very difficult for you.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me name this classic piece? by pianolearnerstride @ 01/24/15 03:45 PM

Any other clues Baracat? Is the key going to be the same as you played it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering of practice routine by Jytte @ 01/24/15 03:43 PM

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you are doing you practicing 'all at once'? If you divide your practice in smaller sessions, you are less likely to get tired or loose concentration. Personally I practice in 'sessions' of 20-30 minutes. Usually
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by dewster @ 01/24/15 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: kapelliMaybe you could take something from the official ca97 video, when there are Pictures from exhibition played, just single notes. Yes I tried that (downloaded FLV and extracted MP3). As usual he's playing in a way that ve
Jump to new posts Re: Placing the temperament strip in a birdcage by kgulbrand @ 01/24/15 03:39 PM

Thanx so mutch David...found the pictures showing all I needed to know!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Pramberger? by Josquin Des Prez @ 01/24/15 03:38 PM

Greetings! I'll have an opportunity to try out a new Samick Pramberger Signature series piano soon (six foot version). I've seen posts here about them in the archives but they are mostly from around 2005-2009. I think they were pretty new back then
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to look for in a new teacher? by SwissMS @ 01/24/15 03:35 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes, malkin!
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie!! by jimb100 @ 01/24/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: trafgirlHi everyone I am new to the forum - I found you a couple of days ago when I started my search for a digital piano. I have wanted to play for so long and have decided that this year I am going to take the bull by the hor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me name this classic piece? by Baracat @ 01/24/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Baracat Originally Posted By: bennevisScarlatti: Keyboard Sonata in D minor, Kk 32 Tank you bennevis. But it is not what I am looking for Sorry about that - for some reason, when your clip loade
Page 29 of 112 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 111 112 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Concerts by Gideon Kremer/Trifonov and Jomathan Biss
by pianoloverus
01/26/15 01:19 PM
Have you had students that absolutely can't memorize pieces?
by Tuneless
01/26/15 01:02 PM
MP11 as MIDI controller + USB to host
by Morodiene
01/26/15 10:30 AM
Lime Kiln Field Day: historic silent film with live piano
by hreichgott
01/26/15 09:32 AM
The New New York Steinway store
by WiseBuff
01/26/15 09:08 AM
Forum Stats
77836 Members
42 Forums
160930 Topics
2364240 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission