Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
109 registered (Alibek, Almaviva, ando, Anita Potter, AllanH, anamnesis, 25 invisible), 1392 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: [HD Video] Weird tonal characteristic on double string C3 by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 03:54 AM

Bill, I have not used pitchlock couplers. I am wondering if anybody has successfully made some clips that works in the same way?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by currawong @ Yesterday at 03:49 AM

Well, I've heard method books called tutors - in fact I'd hardly heard the term "method book" at all until I came to PW.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach little prelude in C major 924 by ALEXANDER DYKER @ Yesterday at 03:34 AM

Another prelude on my Shigeru. I think the mic and camera is better at the treble end. Comments welcome. I'm a relative beginner of 3 years. http://youtu.be/noreQJFXHW8
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts JS Bach little prelude in C minor by ALEXANDER DYKER @ Yesterday at 03:29 AM

Here's a recording of me and my Shigeru playing one of my favourite little preludes. I've only been playing a few years and I know I'll get better with more experience. Comments welcome. http://youtu.be/3CJQb6T4w5g
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: DKV Pedal problem when recording thru Midi by Mark Fontana @ Yesterday at 03:16 AM

Is it possible that lifting the damper tray is jostling parts of the action involving this note due to stiction? Does it happen only if the sustain pedal is depressed rather quickly? Does depressing the sustain pedal cause this note's key, hammer,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 03:08 AM

Ah.. didn't look at it that way. Still an interesting thread..
Pianist Corner
I just know there is a joke here somewhere...
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By dewster If it's played a lot I'd expect the keys to go before anything else, particularly on low-end models. Even on the high end those rubber key switch boots can't go forever without leaching polymers onto the conductive surf
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Am I being "bad" by not memorizing pieces? by toyboy @ Yesterday at 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By Molto lombardo Now how I'm supposed to demand my students to play without a score when they can say: Hey, our leading pianist plays with a score, then why should I bother to memorize? Sometimes I regret never having made a &qu
Adult Beginners Forum
Goodness me, this has come around so quickly. I was hoping I'd have the raindrop prelude down in time, but no way that will be ready in a month. I got another Chopin piece in mind that I heard in the last recital. I can play it reasonably well, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 02:56 AM

nothing like a bit of notice before a big change
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help treating my room & worried about hearing damage! by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 02:36 AM

I've got the same size piano approx. I rarely open the lid when playing. It could be worth checking where the sound is being emitted. With the piano completely closed (incl music desk), I'd suspect that most sound would be emitted by the soundboard
Jump to new posts Re: Rug under piano on new hardwood flooring? by BDB @ Yesterday at 02:19 AM

Perhaps not, but you cannot get a piano to plays well and sound good without voicing and regulating, no matter how good the acoustics of the room are.
Jump to new posts Re: Rug under piano on new hardwood flooring? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:09 AM

You can't properly fix bad aoustics with voicing and regulation.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing Motivation during in-home lessons by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottSorry about that Arghhh, it's never fun to have a student stop lessons, even if you knew it was coming... Thanks for the sympathy. I received the notice right after I had spent at least half an hour planning his nex
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By Moonsh1ne Well done, Diana. Did you watch the Cortot master class on this? Yes I did, thanks to you! I've actually decided to learn all pieces in this work, eventually. A couple of years will be needed, I guess, but it's someth
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 01:54 AM

Contrary to what you say, I've found that trying to use iH to aurally tune รก temperament can lead you to tuning errors. All the sequences I've studied in my learning days told me to tune a 4:2+ A3A4 octave! Being a beginner I couldn't see that was
Piano Forum
Kurt, It's true the sound has to go somewhere, but in this case it is getting absorbed by things in the room. The 100dB may be shouting straight up at the prism-like ceiling and reflecting back to me. Using the foam, the foam absorbs that energy as
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 01:34 AM

Played more pianos today at Classic Pianos, and my favorite of the day was a Schimmel K195 with platinum hardware. I actually thought that it might be the same favorite Schimmel from my Seattle trip, but upon coming home and comparing serial numbers
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ Yesterday at 01:32 AM

I don't see how you guys can work on so many classical pieces at once - I'd go nuts if I were Stubbie or SwissMS! But good on you! I'm still on track for at least an hour a day in April, tho sometimes it's a struggle. I'm still in the 40 pc challeng
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Am I being "bad" by not memorizing pieces? by Molto lombardo @ Yesterday at 01:29 AM

Let me tell something about Olli Mustonen, who was mentioned in the article. He is supposed to be the most famous Finnish pianist. 30 years ago he came to our town and played Ravel G concerto in G major, when he was about 18, I was a small kid. He
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Book You Helped With is Free Today by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 01:28 AM

Well, I seem to have a free copy. God knows where it is though!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTIf what you dislike in your Petrof's tone is the somewhat "nasal" sound that all the ones I have played had-then you may need to replace the piano. This nasal tone quality is deeper in the piano than the
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By GadzarOT Kees, You are right when you say aural procedures do not "measure" iH. But when tuning aurally you hear directly to the inharmonic partials and you use them to tune. Thus, IMO, all aural procedures take iH i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Check out this keyboard! by SoundThumb @ Yesterday at 01:02 AM

The easiest way to implement this would be on a digital keyboard. Would just need some mechanical redesign of the keys and keybed.
Page 29 of 89 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 88 89 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
deal or no deal?
by Lee Leigh
04/21/15 11:37 PM
Bosendorfer Imperial concert grand -- 9 extra keys question
by pv88
04/21/15 10:20 PM
Fundamental Keys Group
by soundsquire
04/21/15 10:01 PM
New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings
by pv88
04/21/15 09:55 PM
Advice on entering a concerto competition?
by johnnyl
04/21/15 09:05 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,977 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,426 Topics
2,398,402 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission