Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
77 registered (achi, Anticlock, accordeur, AndrewJCW, 24 invisible), 1005 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I agree that the best approach is to not need the transition by not doing SH.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland wifi/bluetooth connections by petes1 @ 09/02/15 03:52 PM

<DevilsAdvocate>Most important is to maintain a sense of priorities and proportion. While bells and whistles are nice, what really matters are the feel of the keybed and sound that the instrument produces.</DevilsAdvocate> Having said th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Ivan M. @ 09/02/15 03:52 PM

"Should you attempt it, you are in for a lot of pain"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 09/02/15 03:46 PM

People who are intrigued by piano tuning and dabble in it, are not doing it in order to have a well tuned piano. That's a given. LOL! "It's a skill that takes a lot of doing to gain, and a lot of doing to maintain." I'm sure there's anoth
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introducing myself by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 09/02/15 03:41 PM

Have you watched my free videos at http://howtotunepianos.com? I am extremely frustrated by how easy piano tuning could be but is not because there are so many different methods that are often heavy on unnecessary topics and weak on necessary ones.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bananasushi. Is part of recovery, the ability to play with alternate fingering? No, not unless you're also playing alternate notes, improvising out of a fumble. Quote: Can any skilled pianist play from any given note in a son
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "steel" frames? by Olek @ 09/02/15 03:40 PM

the plate is not on its own, to contains the tension of the wire, the complete assembly is the plate and the bracing under the piano (and the case eventually) Iron accepts to warp a little, and it is the case on the thinner plates, that are "co
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: gospel or sacred music by seniormoment @ 09/02/15 03:35 PM

Thanks everyone! This is just the info I need. Rerun, Ethel Caffie Austin is fantastic.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano purchasing approach, used or new? by Olek @ 09/02/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By pianoloverus Ten years is nothing if the original piano is high quality, it has been well taken care of, and not played to death. A rough rule of thumb is that ten years for a used piano is like
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by sor @ 09/02/15 03:24 PM

Beautiful!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano purchasing approach, used or new? by JohnSprung @ 09/02/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus Ten years is nothing if the original piano is high quality, it has been well taken care of, and not played to death. A rough rule of thumb is that ten years for a used piano is like one year for a used car. So,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does sight reading help in general? by Goldberg32 @ 09/02/15 03:11 PM

I think that sightreading is a very useful skill to develop, even if you don't plan on being an accompanist. If you increase your sightreading ability, you should be able to learn new music much more quickly. I think that the best way to improve si
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "steel" frames? by JohnSprung @ 09/02/15 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By Erchoukyrie To add to it, "its impact and shock resistance is almost non-existent." I am just an end-user, but is that really the best available material for a piano frame? True, cast iron breaks up about like
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HAMBURG UPS AND DOWNS by JohnSprung @ 09/02/15 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By Markarian... I'm curious which years are considered good and bad for Astoria, besides the obvious CBS years. ... CBS kinda gets a bad rap on this. The fact is that Steinway was making Teflon bushing pianos before CBS bought th
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by IgorLevit @ 09/02/15 02:59 PM

Is there some sort of mechanism so as to limitate the noise produced by the hammer action ? Yamaha avant grand are good but the action noise is unbearable when you want to play at a low volume : playing at full volume in a small room is just insane t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By StubbieWhen you hear a piece of music played, can you identify the key it's in without seeing the score? Of course, many pieces feature changes of key along the way, but just in general, can you pick out the key when you hear mu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HAMBURG UPS AND DOWNS by JohnSprung @ 09/02/15 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By Karl Watson Except for the obvious devastation of WWII, are there periods that are better than others ... I don't believe that Hamburg made bad pianos during the war, they made virtually no pianos during the war. The history i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HAMBURG UPS AND DOWNS by Markarian @ 09/02/15 02:54 PM

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm curious which years are considered good and bad for Astoria, besides the obvious CBS years. I read someone mentioned the late 90s-early 2000s weren't stellar, and my experience with my previous B seemed to bear this
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by debussychopin @ 09/02/15 02:53 PM

You love Clayderman! Always nice playing in your cozy looking home.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Alexander Borro @ 09/02/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By Mike_Martin you must play this instrument to believe it. We'll be doing some "Touch and Try" events around the USA. More info soon. Thanks for the info Mike. No doubt I will at some point when I pass the shops for
Jump to new posts Re: Mainstage 3.2 by slowtraveler @ 09/02/15 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By LeonidWill check, but the thing is I've put MainStage on totally clean machine-first program installed on Mac. Another thing is that i'm checking in mainstage CPU and Ram levels - it doesn't seems overloaded at all, hardly 10%.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by Rickster @ 09/02/15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By christinekaIf I get it cheap enough, I could probably turn around and sell it to some other sucker, if I decide restoration is too costly. Possibly, but pianos can be hard to sell... in fact, sometimes they can be hard to give aw
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by debussychopin @ 09/02/15 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By Mike_MartinAction High Speed Performance Test Haha not even Liszt himself can repeat notes that fast
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano purchasing approach, used or new? by pianoloverus @ 09/02/15 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By Hendrik42I have no personal requirement or preference for a new piano. At the moment I actually think that a used one would have the benefit of having been played and therefore “broken in” / settled.Not necessarily true. It d
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Mike_Martin @ 09/02/15 02:26 PM

Finish is one of the big differences obviously but the GP-500 has more "under the hood" for the sound engine. The GP-500 adds: Open String Resonance Aliquot Resonance Key on/off and pedal action noises (all of the above variable) SCENES
Page 29 of 83 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 82 83 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pianos at the museum
by phantomFive
09/04/15 10:06 PM
Washington Post on Pianos
by BDB
09/04/15 09:26 PM
possible relocation to: Portland, OR; DC area; Phoenix, AZ..
by P I A N O piano
09/04/15 09:00 PM
LIPC seni-finalists announced
by Frankni
09/04/15 08:56 PM
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 04:40 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,681 Topics
2,442,094 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission