Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (3times2, acetonitrile, Alexander Borro, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1540 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weinreich by DoelKees @ 07/25/15 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By prouti still wonder if the resultant measurement of the combined strings is within the experimental uncerrtainty of the ETD, and, in fact, no change actually occured. prout That should be easy to te
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Good Beginners Keyboard - Please Help by anotherscott @ 07/25/15 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By toddyHaving only one pedal is not a problem. More important is the quality of that pedal: is it solid? Does it stay in one position and not shift about when you press it? Is it noisy? and if you don't like the one that comes wit
Jump to new posts Re: Weinreich by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/25/15 01:37 PM

The effect has been hypothesized as due to the movement of the bridge. It can be imagined that how the bridge vibrates for one or two strings can set up a node that changes position. Synthetic tones won't model this.
Originally Posted By MacMacMacYes, acoustics actions differ. But regardless ...they're all better than any plastic digital keyboard. If you decide to go digital, you implicitly accept a plastic keyboard (save for the high-end Avant Grands or similar)
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano for beginner. How good should I go? by Willien @ 07/25/15 01:25 PM

Steve, thanks for the advice. I went back to the shop today and tried the C. Be herein, some higher end Kawai models and 3 Grotrian Steinweg models, the later as they were at or more than the price point of the bechstein. The difference between the
Could you please briefly summarize your point? I don't yet understand what you're trying to say.
Jump to new posts Re: Fujan Lever by That Guy @ 07/25/15 01:08 PM

Nice. Glad it's working well for you. Admittedly the Fujan is pretty pricey. Although one of the things I like about the Fujan is that you can add on a piece and make it longer if you like and put different ends on it - straight or ball. Oops, sorry,
Yes, acoustics actions differ. But regardless ... they're all better than any plastic digital keyboard. If you decide to go digital, you implicitly accept a plastic keyboard (save for the high-end Avant Grands or similar).
Jump to new posts Re: Good Beginners Keyboard - Please Help by toddy @ 07/25/15 01:04 PM

Having only one pedal is not a problem. More important is the quality of that pedal: is it solid? Does it stay in one position and not shift about when you press it? Is it noisy? And does it have half/continuous pedalling resolution, and not just on/
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ValenciaThanks Richard! So the same patterns would hold then for measure 30 as well? with the C# and B# on the third notes of the triplets aot the second. The score I've been working off of is wrong then so I'll have to change th
Jump to new posts Re: Good Beginners Keyboard - Please Help by Morodiene @ 07/25/15 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By SmartestSmartySome of these have only one pedal, I think i'd need three pedals for the future. You really only need the damper pedal for a looong time. There are only a handful of advanced music by Debussy, Ravel, Rachmaninoff,
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks Richard! So the same patterns would hold then for measure 30 as well? with the C# and B# on the third notes of the triplets aot the second. The score I've been working off of is wrong then so I'll have to change that...
Jump to new posts Re: Weinreich by DoelKees @ 07/25/15 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By prouti still wonder if the resultant measurement of the combined strings is within the experimental uncerrtainty of the ETD, and, in fact, no change actually occured. prout That should be easy to test with synthetic tones. Kee
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pianoteq Ever Get Discounted? by EPW @ 07/25/15 12:50 PM

I just brought it. I had some credits in my paypal account. So I finally bit the bullet. Was interested in it since version 4 and the sale price got me.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by OneWatt @ 07/25/15 12:42 PM

I would only add that the MIDI info sent from the MP7 will also include velocity data - which will likely be invaluable when playing many kontact-based voices (other than organ and perhaps certain others). As for aftertouch info, you can configure a
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by anotherscott @ 07/25/15 12:32 PM

Yes. Every keyboard with a MIDI jack can send MIDI when you play the keys.
Adult Beginners Forum
Valencia, there is an error on one of the scores from IMSLP. The correct version (of the notes) is attached from my own uncluttered score. I've left off the slurs and fingering.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Neoscores by RaggedKeyPresser @ 07/25/15 12:22 PM

I'm referring to specially selected books like e.g.: J.S.Bach Two-part Inventions edited by Willard A. Palmer that contains 14 pages of historical research material and solutions of ornaments and more. All the fingering is worked out, and clearly wri
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by A Cerulean State @ 07/25/15 12:20 PM

I have a question about the MP7 which i can't really find the answer for online. I know that it has MIDI I/O but does that include the actual piano keys? or just the knobs and faders. I need to be able to play through kontakt libraries and general vs
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pianoteq Ever Get Discounted? by Frédéric L @ 07/25/15 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By Pete14What a coincidence! This post surfaced a few days ago (regarding discounts), and a discount offer comes along from Pianoteq (not being cynical). I wonder if "Pianoteq" is lurking/listening? I have received th
Piano Forum
Have you thought about renting a piano for the period that you will be living in your current home? That might solve a lot of problems and you will be better able to decide on options after you have moved.
Adult Beginners Forum
Has anyone noted a variation between scores for the RH of bar 17 in the Agitato section? The RH has triplets for every beat in that measure. For the first beat, do you play the C# along with the second or 3rd note of the triplet? I've seen it both wa
Jump to new posts Re: Good Beginners Keyboard - Please Help by kapelli @ 07/25/15 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By SmartestSmartySome of these have only one pedal, I think i'd need three pedals for the future. Do ńot worry About that. at all. Do you want a console piano or portale piano? And yes, p95 is far better than piaggero series, but
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think of this all Russian program? by jdhampton924 @ 07/25/15 12:04 PM

Please tell me you are calling it, "From Russia with Love?"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unfamiliar concerto at a competition = bad idea? by jdhampton924 @ 07/25/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By ScordaturaOr Brahms 1! No mention of that here, unless I missed it. Any suggestions, anyone, as to why it would not rank as a good choice for a final? It is, after all, one of the thoroughly established and enduring cornerstones
Page 29 of 72 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 71 72 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Choosing a digital piano
by cacophonous
07/28/15 11:11 AM
How to choose Kawai K3 and Kawai K15-E
by acetonitrile
07/28/15 09:15 AM
Best Portable Recording Interface For a DP ???
by musicmad
07/28/15 04:21 AM
Best angle for filming piano at home?
by Vlasta
07/28/15 03:34 AM
Best Digital Pianos
by JDRPiano
07/28/15 02:09 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,175 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,798 Topics
2,430,517 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission