Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales by 8 Octaves @ 09/29/14 12:03 PM

And don't feel you should speed up at all for a long time. The more even your scales the more you will benefit in sounding solid a few years from now when you play any sonatina. Take the long view. We all have to work slowly at this stuff for year
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Joe Sample by T E Bekken @ 09/29/14 12:02 PM

His solo piano album SOUL SHADOWS is one baaaad record. Joe Sample will be missed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by 8 Octaves @ 09/29/14 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: barbaramThe recording is terrible, full of mistakes and not remotely recital quality, but it was a really useful exercise in working out what needs to be improved. Listening to a in-progress recording while marking up the score
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-1/2/3 vs Estonia 168/190 by pinkfloydhomer @ 09/29/14 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: musicpassionOriginally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerThe Estonia I would buy directly from the factory, it would be about $24000. What currency? If you are talking USA dollars I don't think you'll find any other piano it that class
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading and large intervals by Arghhh @ 09/29/14 11:44 AM

To clarify: i believe the op is referring to reading music while practicing his/her pieces as opposed to sight reading a piece for the first time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Might I ever be capable of reaching a 12th? by Charles Cohen @ 09/29/14 11:44 AM

Wildpig -- The chords I _think_ you're talking about -- in the right hand, in the last four measures -- are _one-octave_ chords. So you don't need unusually large hands to play them: . . . What you need is the ability to stretch an octave from t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting piano picture... by PhilipInChina @ 09/29/14 11:40 AM

The tree does look a bit 2 dimensional in contrast to the piano.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Millennium III action by UnrightTooner @ 09/29/14 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: BerlicumAh, I see. So the rear edge of the jack must be on proper alignment with the rear edge of the nuckle core, as usual. In that case I think the white stripe isn't necessery at all (for technicians with good eyes),because I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fun Fugue Favorite Fiesta by bennevis @ 09/29/14 11:34 AM

Lady Gaga Fugue by Giovanni Dettori (after Lady Gaga) : http://youtu.be/ig51Guf5hjs
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts NGPT - Piano Guild Auditions by John v.d.Brook @ 09/29/14 11:29 AM

It may only be the end of the first full month of lessons, but we teachers generally need to be planning six months, nine months or more in advance. Various evaluation programs, such as Guild's Auditions, generally occur in late Spring and early sum
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway, Mason, Gaveau, and Chappell by PhilipInChina @ 09/29/14 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoOriginally Posted By: PhilipInChinaSomewhere on PW there is a link to an audio clip of my restored Bechstein in answer to your question. Here it is: http://audiour.com/playlist/225da1fc Well done Wimpiano!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway, Mason, Gaveau, and Chappell by Familiarstranger @ 09/29/14 11:27 AM

Thank you, all, for your advice. Philip sent me a private PM and I'm going to listen to it now. I realize that I can take a trip to Atlanta or New York and play many nice old restored Steinways. I should do this, maybe I'll come across a restored Be
Jump to new posts Re: J & C Fischer Baby Grand (1920's?) by SMHaley @ 09/29/14 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678In any case, it looks to be around a 5 footer, so the bass may be a bit too tinny for my taste, butthis looks to be something I might want to take a closer look on. Says the guy that thought rather highly of his spinet
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Ok, I'm going to have to look into the soldering solution. Thnaks for the link! In the meantime, I just got an e-mail reply from Kawai USA in California about the cost of the parts I were to do a swap of the circuit board. KEP-389-021 (the 110 VAC
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 09/29/14 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90Originally Posted By: BrianDXI think we can probably agree that the teacher accounts for 80-90% of the total learning experienceYes, we can! Yes, we can agree to agree on that point!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Millennium III action by Jon Page @ 09/29/14 11:16 AM

Maybe the stripe is to facilitate aligning the jack with a mark on the rep lever during assembly. The orange dart or arrow is pointing to the rear edge of the knuckle core.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway, Mason, Gaveau, and Chappell by sophial @ 09/29/14 11:14 AM

I think Cziffra used to play Gaveau pianos IIRC.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Outstanding , thanks for posting.
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by DoelKees @ 09/29/14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT IME, the "proper" sized octave is one that sounds the best. And the one that sounds the best, according to my research, is the median 4:2/6:3. Some people claim that what is happening is a sort of be
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Op. 10, No. 1 for small-to-medium hands by anamnesis @ 09/29/14 10:59 AM

The problem? You have a fundamental misunderstanding of legato, and it's inhibiting your ability to play. Legato is sound first and foremost, not literal physical attachment to the keyboard at all costs. You can play legato with a pencil. Stric
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai F-30 pedal => original part, warranty? by kanadajin @ 09/29/14 10:59 AM

For your info, the F-30 pedal unit that came with my MP11 indeed is identified with a Kawai F-30 label on it. No sign/label of Fatar that I could see. (bar code label only on the underside)
ES100 is approximately 5 inches from bottom (tabletop) to white keytop.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: nostalgic waltzes by DancerJ @ 09/29/14 10:51 AM

What do you think about these?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ 09/29/14 10:31 AM

8 Octaves, congratulations on your exam result, fantastic! Silver Keys, Fur Elise is an excellent accomplishment after such a relatively short term playing. SwissMS, sounds like the piano party was excellent, and great idea to trial run for the exam
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting piano picture... by Retsacnal @ 09/29/14 10:31 AM

Now that I look at it in the light of day, it does seem to have been cut to fit, either in real life or in a graphics program. Jean Claude, my M looks just like that!
Page 29 of 93 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interview with Leon Fleisher
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:27 AM
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:26 AM
by vlhorowitz
10/01/14 04:26 AM
First sonata
by amt976
10/01/14 03:38 AM
Is it necessary a classic base to play virtuosic jazz ?
by Nahum
10/01/14 03:18 AM
Who's Online
66 registered (Alexancho, Alux, Al LaPorte, 36251, alexbergauer, 16 invisible), 1084 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76384 Members
42 Forums
157911 Topics
2319110 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission