Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
81 registered (angga888, Anita Potter, Artur Gajewski, Alan_Dublin, 17 invisible), 1246 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Moving abroad with a digital by bjorn of brekkukot @ 11/22/14 01:35 AM

Here's something else that just came to mind—voltage adapters. If I take a digital from the US abroad, I'd need to use one. I've read that sometimes these can lead to trouble and damage equipment if they turn out to be defective. Has anyone used a di
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Well then- it COULD be I guess- so that the is like a fishing rod- but stiffer I presume.
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by peterws @ 11/22/14 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuOriginally Posted By: TunelessFor me, all these annoyances will disappear when I start to use after market sound samples, probably Pianoteq. Don't be so sure about that... there are some rough notes in Pianoteq as well (p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suites recital - fourth batch by jeffreyjones @ 11/22/14 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: DamonThis was tremendous Jeffrey. I was unaware of this piece. Is this originally for piano; I didn't think there was any Grieg piano music I hadn't heard? Very dynamic and rhythmically tight. I hope you don't mind if I download
Jump to new posts Re: Concert prep by SMHaley @ 11/22/14 01:12 AM

Oh yes. I nearly forgot about that book. Thanks for the reminder Gene.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV-1 by Markarian @ 11/22/14 01:04 AM

I was always very careful with my SV-1 and it lived permanently at my desk, so I never took it on gigs. I did see Hey Ocean! using a SV-1 73 at a show in Vancouver, so I know it's meant to be a giggable instrument. However, I HAVE heard that the RH3
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have a burglar step on his grand piano? by Markarian @ 11/22/14 01:02 AM

Michael, can you please share what company you use and which kit you bought? I'm in the market for such a system myself.
Jump to new posts Re: Gillette Piano Academy by PhilipInChina @ 11/22/14 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBCutting edge technology. Very good. Made me smile.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Sound Module for iPad by anotherscott @ 11/22/14 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: slowtravelerThe iPad Air 2 actually has 2GB of RAM, Ah, I hadn't seen that confirmed before, but it looks like that's right. Cool.
Jump to new posts Re: Concert prep by Gene Nelson @ 11/22/14 12:32 AM

If you want a great book on the subject - Steve Brady's Under the Lid. Always keep records.
Jump to new posts Concert prep by SMHaley @ 11/22/14 12:19 AM

For those who do mostly concert work I'm very curious how you lay out your time with an instrument and in what quantities with various tasks (tuning, regulation, voicing, fine tuning) prior to a concert performance? Do any keep records of the instru
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggio I'm asking specific questions to try and ferret out your process. In many cases these processes are so "in one's own head" and non-verbal, that the translation to verbal communication can be quite incomple
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with these music sheet symbols by fizikisto @ 11/22/14 12:01 AM

Yes, the treble clef just tells you which notes the lines/space on the staff represent. If both hands are playing above middle C you'll often see each staff with a treble clef. If both hands are playing below middle C, you'll see both staves wit
Originally Posted By: harponThis is about fibers wrapped around a metal tube- Actually, no, it's not. The composite shanks are made entirely out of the composite material - no metal tubes.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with these music sheet symbols by Cristian88 @ 11/21/14 11:53 PM

Thanks everyone, although I still don't understand what the point of the treble is down in the clef? Is it just treble notes, so basically play the B below middle C and the G above middle C with my left hand and so on until the clef symbol reappears
Jump to new posts Re: Gillette Piano Academy by SMHaley @ 11/21/14 11:50 PM

Of course what you hear is studio produced and most likely with a Yamaha sample library, the rest just rhythmically added sound effects and some videography just 'cause.
Jump to new posts Re: Gillette Piano Academy by BDB @ 11/21/14 11:37 PM

Cutting edge technology.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suites recital - fourth batch by Damon @ 11/21/14 11:35 PM

Grieg – From Holberg’s time – performed by jeffreyjones https://app.box.com/s/gkfj3710oo0v7wijects This was tremendous Jeffrey. I was unaware of this piece. Is this originally for piano; I didn't think there was any Grieg piano music I hadn't h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with these music sheet symbols by Bamburg @ 11/21/14 11:29 PM

The piece I'm learning now has a few of these, the opening chords should give you a good idea of how they'd sound played https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy1NcnD3fBk
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with these music sheet symbols by Anita Potter @ 11/21/14 11:21 PM

Ahhh that makes a lot of sense. Thanks noobpianist90. I do have one piece that has a massive, you gotta have gigantor hands to reach chord. I'll have to look up some examples on YouTube later on at work to see how it's done.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with these music sheet symbols by fizikisto @ 11/21/14 11:18 PM

Yes, While arpeggiated is technically the correct term, that can be a bit misleading. Rolled is probably a better way to describe it. The notes are all played on the same beat, you can imagine just quickly rotating your wrist to roll your finge
Jump to new posts Gillette Piano Academy by Jonathan Baker @ 11/21/14 11:15 PM

I hardly know what to think about this. But some piano technician went to an awful lot of trouble to make this happen… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgV8BsPvrzM#t=80
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by noobpianist90 @ 11/21/14 11:13 PM

Thanks everyone who commented on my playing. I just started listening. I'll take a couple of days to comment
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with these music sheet symbols by noobpianist90 @ 11/21/14 11:12 PM

Imagine the sound of a guitar being strummed once. That's how you want to play the chord. This is also called a rolled chord. Some block chords can also be rolled if your hand-span isn't large enough.
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Sound Module for iPad by slowtraveler @ 11/21/14 11:06 PM

The iPad Air 2 actually has 2GB of RAM, IIRC. Maybe that would account for Korg's claimed 72-voice polyphony on that particular platform as opposed to the earlier iPads?
Page 29 of 113 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 112 113 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music reading apps for iPad that use mic
by Artur Gajewski
11/24/14 03:02 AM
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
11/24/14 12:55 AM
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
11/23/14 11:17 PM
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
11/23/14 10:41 PM
Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn?
by Freebird308
11/23/14 09:35 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159308 Topics
2340188 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission