Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by BruceD @ 08/19/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: noobpianist90I'm currently learning this study: Applicatio in C Major Here is Tureck playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2soE8cEeIzM Here, the 3rd finger passes over the 4th in the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DP dream list. by anotherscott @ 08/19/14 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: gary0850under $2k-weightedn action necessary due to arthritis. can you clarify what kind of action you're looking for?
Adult Beginners Forum
I must ask you. Have you considered noise and your neighbors? Many apartment dwellers have this as a big problem. I can't say much. Do have to admit. From what I've seen (which isn't much), I'm impressed with that Steingraeber does. Do have to p
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: hreichgottNo, you are not too old to be really good. But be patient with yourself. Kids who start at 5 years old and work hard with good teachers up to age 20 can generally play advanced pieces reasonably well. If it takes you 1
Jump to new posts Re: Hummmmm Problem by dmd @ 08/19/14 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dmdI am hopeful that the Anti-Ground Loop hummmm device I ordered is going to do that trick. I will find out next week. Worked Perfectly ! Absolutely no hummmmm. FYI ... Behringer HD400 2-Channel Hum Destroyer
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by phantomFive @ 08/19/14 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: noobpianist90I'm currently learning this study: Applicatio in C Major Here is Tureck playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2soE8cEeIzM Here, the 3rd finger passes over the 4th in the right hand. Should I follow the i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by AZNpiano @ 08/19/14 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: frankericLaguna Greg, yes I found what I thought was a fit but when I heard the price with no negotiating I backed off. I mean an very big price. So here I go again thinking maybe it is just about the money. Whenever a potentia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Realistic goals for a 20 year old beginner. by hreichgott @ 08/19/14 01:50 PM

Hi Espen, Congratulations on starting the crazy and wonderful journey of piano Many people enjoy learning without a teacher, but since you have a goal to build skill in a short amount of time, I think finding the right teacher is important. Think
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hardman-Peck Baby Grand piano by sopranojam85 @ 08/19/14 01:43 PM

I had a very informative conversation with a friend of mine who works at a piano restoration shop. He explained that he's done one other Hardman-Peck, and that the bass side of the pinboard was thicker than the treble side. I can't tell if mine is th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scientific Study on Pianist's Brain Structures by doctor S @ 08/19/14 01:42 PM

Don't you remember the Mozart Effect? Briefly, money was made selling Mozart CD's to parents to play over cribs. Judging from the appalling state of mainland American scholarship, both general and musical, not enough money was made. I suppose th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by hreichgott @ 08/19/14 01:35 PM

Modern fingerings developed along with the modern piano and are well suited to it. Tureck's comments probably relate to the harpsichord, of which she is a master. edit: reading her comments again, it seems she's talking about multiple lines in the s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff op.23 no 5 by hreichgott @ 08/19/14 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: Paul BartonI deleted the video. Why are you deleting the video just because I don't like it? My opinion should not be very important to you. And if every Youtube video that one person didn't lik
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by Jay Roland @ 08/19/14 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: GWILLYAm also looking forward to the Turbo Start videos! C'mon marketing dept! This past weekend was fun for me because my uncle played my RD800 at a family party, with a few other musicians joining in, as an impromptu jam. H
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Mawliet @ 08/19/14 01:29 PM

The volume is not the problem its the quality. On my main computer it sounds very clear and neat but hear it just sounds horrible like a toy keyboard. I have an external audio interface but I do not know how to use that and record from my keyboard at
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff op.23 no 5 by toughbo @ 08/19/14 01:27 PM

Paul, please don't take offense from this one person's comment, I really like both your playing and your tutorials. There's a good reason why you have more than 20000 subscribers!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by Serge Marinkovic @ 08/19/14 01:26 PM

Schumann is the most keenly rhythmically awkward composer for me while also technically baffling. But what a poet, he is so soul searching but I don't think he ever found paradise here in our world. He is so deeply churning his mental illness that
Adult Beginners Forum
My younger brother (in his 40s) is considering taking piano lessons for the first time. He lives in Fort Lauderdale (Miramar). I live in Maryland and don't know any teachers in Florida, or even how to go about finding a teacher in Florida. I would
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by Vid @ 08/19/14 01:19 PM

To clarify "Conservatory Canada" is not the same as the Royal Conservatory of Music. I think "Conservatory Canada" is a relatively new entity and incorporates what used to be the "Western Board". I haven't heard about it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Silent piano buying advice? by AnotherEmma @ 08/19/14 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Robin66My understanding is the TransAcoustic pianos don't have strings, but instead they have electronic key sensors, a sound module, and speakers on a soundboard. Is that really a substitute for an acoustic piano? After Ton
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Realistic goals for a 20 year old beginner. by Espen1094 @ 08/19/14 01:15 PM

Hello! I have just bought myself a Roland f-120 digi-piano(with weigthed keys and such) and would like to start learning the piano. I am not totally unfamiliar with music, as I have played the guitar for the past 4 years. And on the guitar i mostly
Piano Forum
mtna.org-->quick links--->teacher finder If your 40 year brother has kids, you/he can use a school discussion list to ask for local referrals. Call local music stores. Call local piano shops. Google Maps. Call local colleges with music pr
Jump to new posts Re: Playing the Avant Grandes & CLP585 by Karnevil @ 08/19/14 01:10 PM

Owning an N1, I have to echo what others have already stated. Playing the N1 using the speaker system, it sounds like you listening to a recording of a piano - not an actual piano. I guess there is no substitute for a real acoustic...
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 Save Settings by theoak @ 08/19/14 01:09 PM

Well, at least there is a Plan B ... get a tablet.
Jump to new posts Re: RD800 Turbo Start Videos by Jay Roland @ 08/19/14 01:08 PM

Thanks man. That was the intent. So I'm glad that you picked up on that without any positioning of the videos. Not intended to be a video owners manual. (never ever want to do one of those) More of a....Turbo start... Jay
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach pieces by chopin_r_us @ 08/19/14 01:05 PM

Well done for getting Bach's fingering for the Applicatio. I wouldn't use it though - no one has since the 1750's! The important aspect of Bach playing is as I've said - the reaching, with a still hand. Someone needs to show you. Bennevis - Bach
Page 29 of 108 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 107 108 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
107 registered (36251, aesop, Abby Pianoman, Allard, 34 invisible), 1243 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156828 Topics
2304383 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
Today at 05:35 AM
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
Today at 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission