Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
92 registered (Amosdoll, AZNpiano, Avalancheseah, Alan Davis Jr, AndyP, 23 invisible), 998 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Start a regular piano teaching gig soon...... by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

How is teaching going so far, pianoman?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: exercises and compositions for children by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Your compositions look really interesting. Thanks for making them available.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wait for the right student? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

It is so hard to tell from one year to the next which students will be the "right" students the following year. They are always changing. I've learned that I cannot predict who will be the best students and who will be the slackers, so, I t
Pianist Corner
VLC is a very good reliable media player and it will convert files to a different format. Do be sure to download it from the official site, but there's no need to worry about malware etc.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Priorities by dmd @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By Mike.Here is something that may help.. I am going to get it once I can recover from the funeral expenses for my Mom. http://mccarthypiano.com/hardware.aspx I would think twice about purchasing something like that. That ma
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by Joey Townley @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseOriginally Posted By anamnesis Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuse Corentin is the composer. He ( or she) is enormously talented. There are several recordings on the site. Here's the link provided by Ni
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another snow day. by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usIsn't there some Debussy - Snowflakes are Dancing? or is that Tomita? "The Snow is Dancing" is one movement of Children's Corner by Debussy. We are fast approaching the point where we cannot shovel because
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by Ishkabibble @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By dewster The "SEARCH the Forums & Piano World" box at the upper left of this page works really good. Yes, you are absolutely right, it does. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Strong Overtones on CP4 S6 Sound. by David Farley @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

I played the S6 sample for a long time this evening, although I prefer the CFX and the CFIII. I didn't find any of these issues to be unbearable. On the whole, though, I find the S6 to sound a little dark and muddy for a lot of the stuff I practice (
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand by showard @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

I have a 1917 Chickering Bros grand piano. It is the 6'2" model. I find the sound to actually be quite bright. I did put new hammers on it when I rebuilt it a few years ago. Here is link to a video if you're interested: https://www.youtube.c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jorge, you did a good job! Considering that you haven't worked on this piece for many days, let it percolate and watch how the challenging parts become easy. I am not sure how you structure your practice, but I get bored learning and playing only o
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Plate crack by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

If your drill bit is sharp-drilling a plate should go very easy compared to drilling in mild steel. The very first part of the hole may be hard as the skin of a casting is harder than the interior. This crack has definitely grown. Bad news I'd say!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by Dru Morgan @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

I thought it sounded OK, allowing for all the errors that you listed before hand. Then, today, I turned the page and I am on the same song. WOW. That one is tough. Playing the two hands together is going to take some practice for me. So, YOU WERE AWE
Pianist Corner
Outstanding! It could be said that Queen is part of America's classical music. Actually, I just said it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms: Steinway Uprights vs. Cheaper Grands by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

I've seen a 1098 so practice thrashed that the damper pedal was worn to a nub! Yet it did have music left in it. 1098s and Ks (often) do sound like Steinways should, and I have tended to enjoy them. I would assume most places allow practice in clas
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The best thing I've learned on Piano World.... by HalfStep @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By CarlosCCThe best thing I've learned was to understand that I'm not alone in this journey. The 2nd thing I've learned was that I memorize pieces with ease, so I can play by memory any piece I've learned in the past years. I only
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Cover Vendors Comparison by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

I have no experience with Vanda Kings products. I do get covers from American and they are superb. I have no reason to shop elsewhere because product/price seems optimum.
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by JEB NYC @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesHello JEB NYC, Originally Posted By JEB NYCI guess Kawai is assuming the jack will never be used, except occasionally when somebody wants to plug in an iPhone. Yes, I believe this is correct. Many customers connecti
Piano Forum
I recently purchased a used C7 and had substantial work done on the hammers to soften the sound. It is better, but still harsh to my ears. Like others have observed, you'd probably get a lot more for your money in Ca. Let your friends and associate
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franck's prelude, choral and fugue by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By argerichfanthough as long as there are organists around, his organ music will continue to be studied and performed. It is second only to Bach. Amen brother! FWIW, I like the PC&F and am glad to know it's not super technical.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update - USB Recording by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

lophiomys, thank you for your post. I have spent some time this morning attempting to replicate the issue that you are experiencing, but have so far been unsuccessful. Each time I use the MIDItoAudio function on the MP7 I get a glitch-free WAV file
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms: Steinway Uprights vs. Cheaper Grands by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Hi Almaviva, Comparing the practice room pianos at Peabody to just about any other school isn't terribly fair - assuming nothing's changed since the time I did my undergrad and master's degrees there, the policy had the practice room pianos availabl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading vs Memorizing by dmd @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By earlofmarshould also be noted that once memorised a piece needs to be maintained otherwise it deteriorates. As an example after my 28 months and approx 100 pieces learned, which were all memorised at the time, only about 5 are no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano by musicNow @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

I also would love to see some photos. Cynthia, I enjoyed seeing your photos. I to have a love affair with these old pianos... - Rick
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by dewster @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesMay I ask why you believe a stereo connector to be more fragile or lower quality than separate left/right jacks? Because it is? 1/8" stereo is nothing but trouble.
Page 3 of 121 < 1 2 3 4 5 120 121 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hi, I'm new here
by trumpet89
03/06/15 01:16 AM
Fingerings in the 1800s?
by InfiniteClouds
03/05/15 11:53 PM
Transition to wedding pianist
by Angela62213
03/05/15 08:39 PM
Is the Roland DP90e still available in the US?
by JEB NYC
03/05/15 08:22 PM
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - Hard Rock Piano - vkgoeswild
by Gi Dy
03/05/15 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
78,418 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,125 Topics
2,380,361 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission