Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
157 registered (8ude, Al LaPorte, alerique, amertune, ajames, 36 invisible), 1752 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Hi Deep Fish, "Sharing a teacher" really means having your son take lessons from two teachers with both knowing about it. Right now, that's a bad idea. First your son is too young to benefit from that much input. He really needs a sing
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Neither BDB nor I posit that the microphone can change the 'frequency' of the sensed signal. What it does do is change the structure of the waveform over time, and that changes the measured 'frequency'. I challenge you to record a piano note simulta
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Fer De Armas @ Today at 12:52 PM

Hi JEB NYC, you are right!... I'm a happy owner of a MP7 but i need a more portable DP for travel and practice, for that reason i need a slab. My MP7 is going to stay as a master controller in my home studio and i love the feeling but it is more in t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Norbert @ Today at 12:49 PM

This is how this tread went, unfortunately so typical like many others: JiiMusic: Quote:I'm going to be looking at a 2008 Steigerman XG-168 listed in Mint condition. They're the second owners, and it was apparently bought new before that. Asking pr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Keith D Kerman @ Today at 12:46 PM

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but the video referenced by the OP is fantastic. I didn't read through the whole thread, but I am guessing people have also mentioned her terrific performance of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. I wou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A by shirlkirsten @ Today at 12:43 PM

More of a close-up of the 1911. The ivory keys definitely have a PLUS feel as compared to the plastics I've played on... and this piano is particularly smooth in the transit.. not having to do with the ivory keys.. but just perhaps the lighter hammer
Jump to new posts Re: Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements! by pyropaul @ Today at 12:41 PM

I couldn't find a single reference to any kind of distortion that would produce a frequency shift. Phase and group delay, yes, but phase differences are inaudible. The only thing that could cause a frequency change would be the Doppler shift (so if y
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by roytheboy @ Today at 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By MaartinFWIW the Kawai CA97 also creates a new song when overdubbing, which is the previous song with the overdubbing on top, therefore preserving the original song if you want to 'undo' your overdub. This seems like a good thing
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning your chords by Nahum @ Today at 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoI think the best way is to learn them in actual music (repertoire). The child doesn't want to walk in the warehouse of notes - he wants to play tune , even the most simple - of 3-4 notes (the motive). Similarly, it shou
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by pyropaul @ Today at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79I dont believe that DACs in phones are high quality. Seems to me it would be a waste of money as nobody is expecting very high quality here. There may be many reasons to not hear beating. I suppose the beating you get wit
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Maartin @ Today at 12:33 PM

FWIW the Kawai CA97 also creates a new song when overdubbing, which is the previous song with the overdubbing on top, therefore preserving the original song if you want to 'undo' your overdub. This seems like a good thing to me?
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by JEB NYC @ Today at 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By andoCan't people just turn off their own DP? I don't find it hard. I set my DP to auto-off after two hours. When I'm done playing for the moment I just close the key cover and walk away; if I come back soon I'm spared the 6 sec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Rickster @ Today at 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTSoon, of course, robots will be the sales-people. And of course when robots have all the jobs there will be no economy for those who don't own the means of production. All the rest of us will become "surplus
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 12:26 PM

The Peters edition of Martienssen has excellent fingering and engraving, but has been surpassed by Vienna Urtext, which I mostly play from. Peters has very weird/inaccurate ordering and numbering of the sonatas. Henle's Haydn will show up soon (by 2
My point is that, while using different mics or mic placement will not change the frequencies perceived by our ears (actually, it might, as our perception of pitch is affected by partial amplitudes), it will change the measured frequencies due to the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by AZNpiano @ Today at 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgott I like Christa Landon's very informative introduction to the Wiener Urtext, and she has good suggested elaborations of fermatas and other useful editorial comments, all as footnotes so they don't interfere with the tex
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by JEB NYC @ Today at 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi, which DP between Roland FP30 and Kawai MP7 has a heavier key action?. Cheers!. Fer, I'm curious about something: why do you want to know which of those two DPs -- the Roland FP30 or the Kawai MP7 -- has the heavi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by Pollux @ Today at 12:20 PM

50+ seems far-fetched (but I would be glad to be wrong). My bet: 45 +/- 2
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Gretel @ Today at 12:18 PM

Cheers.
Piano Forum
If you are convinced this piano is good, I think you should just swallow it and buy it anyway. Let the dealer know that you have verified the age to be greater than was stated, and that you expect excellent service to account for this. Maybe a couple
BDB and pyropaul are both right - trust me, you would not want to record vocals via a measurement mic (sounds positively bad - dry, sterile and really bad), nor would want to measure precision (at least in the amplitude sense) with a SM57. An SM57 s
Piano Forum
Hidekazu-san, Yes, very interesting. I preferred the first example because I think it more naturally incorporates the microtones as passing tones in what otherwise sits nicely in a C modal environment. The second one (lower half standard tuning, upp
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by wouter79 @ Today at 12:02 PM

I dont believe that DACs in phones are high quality. Seems to me it would be a waste of money as nobody is expecting very high quality here. There may be many reasons to not hear beating. I suppose the beating you get with a standard 100ppm crystal i
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By INBoston It does help, although I do raise counterpoints above that I would love to hear answers to. I know it has been discussed ad nauseum before, but if we do not bring up points that have already
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by INBoston @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By Midlife_PianoI am 45, and I restarted playing 4 years ago after 25+ years of break. I practice as much as possible outside my 45-50 hours work week. I have a fantastic teacher and I force myself to go to lessons every week. I onl
Page 3 of 88 < 1 2 3 4 5 87 88 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A pin block question
by Thermodog
02/10/16 02:39 PM
145 progression
by johan d
02/10/16 02:26 PM
UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai
by UpstairsDavid
02/10/16 02:26 PM
Study Group: Gluck Melody from Orfeo (Sgambati)
by Michiyo-Fir
02/10/16 02:18 PM
Study Group: Chopin Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4
by Michiyo-Fir
02/10/16 02:10 PM
Forum Stats
82,532 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,390 Topics
2,493,957 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission