Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
129 registered (Alux, Anita Potter, 36251, AZ_Astro, Bassano, AmateurBob, 37 invisible), 1355 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by maurus @ Today at 06:09 PM

I'd like to suggest two things to posters who can't get around what they perceive as strange buzzes of certain notes. 1 - Go play acoustic pianos for a while. 2 - Just let go of your Kawai and get a different DP.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by alfredo capurso @ Today at 06:04 PM

Hi Mark, Perhaps I am late, or.. you already know (I have not read the entire thread): you can unscrew and take down the action and strip mute a large part of the piano at once (check the point where the hammers hit the strings, you do not want the
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 20 by Vid @ Today at 06:04 PM

Are you trying to deconstruct these pieces? I'm not sure where you are coming from in your approach.
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by rpw @ Today at 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By TonyBSo, to conclude this part of the discussion, which is faster - an acoustic piano or a digital piano? Tony An acoustic, of course. It doesn't have latency!
Piano Forum
My (upright) piano is in a small room, c. 8' x 10' with a 9' ceiling. Over the course of a year, the humidity in the room will range from 40% to 70%RH. The tuning on it has been quite sour for the past few months, but I have been waiting for the RH
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Folk arrangements by Nahum @ Today at 06:01 PM

Bela Bartok -Romanian Folk Dances : http://imslp.org/wiki/Romanian_Folk_Dances,_Sz.56_%28Bart%C3%B3k,_B%C3%A9la%29 About the level I'm not sure.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by Johan B @ Today at 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaSome days I don't feel that I want to practice. Usually if I make myself it all goes wrong. Does this happen to anybody else? Do you force yourself and risk getting things wrong or do you just not bother. I am plea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K-52 (VS) K-132 by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:50 PM

johnmacdonald, It would depend on the actual instrument for me. I have had way less exposure to the K132, but I have really enjoyed the ones I have played. Have you compared to any of the other wonderful European instruments that are available? Bo
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help with "Your Song" by Elton John by Little_Blue_Engine @ Today at 05:49 PM

No two performances of "Your Song" are exactly the same and none of them are exactly the same as the original recording. That's just not how Elton works. If you want to play it exactly as in this video you will have to figure at least some
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by keystring @ Today at 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By TimR I took him to mean concert or recital performers rather than working musicians. The gist of the posts as I understood them were about professional musicians, which by definition means working musicians, and also I think th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #3 by Markarian @ Today at 05:44 PM

Laulwut? I'd love to hear more recordings on the Hailun too. I'm minorly obsessed with the HG-218, even though I've never seen one in person. Beautiful performance on the Estonia, a real treasure of an instrument.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by Marvelle @ Today at 05:43 PM

Yay! I've been plodding through Book One, and look forward to seeing how much I got right and what I need to refine. I had used the original Fundamental Keys a few years ago in my first attempt at learning piano and loved it, but the new Book One i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ Today at 05:40 PM

27 March..........(previous message was 26 instead of 27 march) Enjoying and playing........(in Kirnberger temperament) Clementi (The London-Mozart), Sonatines opus 36 & 37 And among other Amadeus sonatas..........Mozart, Sonate KV 280/2, my f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mountain Top Piano by Almaviva @ Today at 05:35 PM

What's gonna happen to that piano when it rains? I know this is Los Angeles, but it DOES rain there every once in a while.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K-52 (VS) K-132 by johnmacdonald @ Today at 05:35 PM

I Rather Like the "juvenile" and Unique nature of each K52. In this way when it is time to buy they let you play 5 instruments and Pick that one that talks to your Soul Similarly i feel the NY K52 Lends itself better to any genre. The K13
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by peterws @ Today at 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By malkinI haven't felt "it all goes wrong." I think my practice is more like a normal curve: sometimes this end, sometimes that end, mostly like the big bump in the middle. +1 There ar
Jump to new posts Where to purchase Kawai MP7? by cfit @ Today at 05:29 PM

I've been leaning towards purchasing an MP7 for a while now. Kawai's website doesn't show a dealer in San Diego, so I'm looking to purchase online. Normally I buy from Sweetwater (listed as a authorized Kawai dealer), but since they have been out of
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by David Farley @ Today at 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By peterws Now to me this is nonsense. Even on a digital, you have such meaningless clap trap as "Jazz Piano" "Pop Piano" and others . . ."Joplin Piano" seems to be missing however. . . does anyone act
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Mark R. @ Today at 05:19 PM

OK, thanks, point registered. Methinks I'll just have to see how I go tomorrow, amongst my existing tools and my prototype wooden mutes. Depending on how I fare tomorrow, my next order from Schaff might include a Papps mute. Regards, Mark
Jump to new posts Re: Double strikes after moving my Yamaha C2 by HansC2 @ Today at 05:16 PM

Thanks Johnkie! Your completely right, I made a mistake, there is only graphite on the jack and lever, not on the knuckle... Still a question left: so I understand that Teflon on top of graphite is not a risk?
Pianist Corner
Interesting, but it sounds like the piano roll technology was taken advantage of.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter me by ElaineAllegro @ Today at 05:09 PM

I was wondering why there was a large package with Greek stamps in today's mail... Nikolas, the score is so beautiful, gorgeously illustrated, and so clear! A phenomenal job. I was about to practice, but now I have to try at least small helpings
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Mountain Top Piano by JohnSprung @ Today at 05:05 PM

A junker console left for hikers to play.... http://abc7.com/entertainment/photos-piano-sits-atop-santa-monica-mountains/576506/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by JohnSprung @ Today at 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By malkinI haven't felt "it all goes wrong." I think my practice is more like a normal curve: sometimes this end, sometimes that end, mostly like the big bump in the middle. +1 There are better and worse days and pra
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Chris Leslie @ Today at 04:56 PM

My main point was that it is the shape of the tines that stops the mute from slipping out with normal Papps mutes that have no leather. There are leather covered static stick available, but I have found that they wear out very quickly, not to mentio
Page 3 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 100 101 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Musicality of a piece
by piano_friend
Today at 07:44 PM
Petrof new grands - overpriced?
by Piano_Brazil
Today at 07:07 PM
Recommendations for Small Room Humidifier/De-Humidi
fier

by PNO40
Today at 06:03 PM
Where to purchase Kawai MP7?
by cfit
Today at 05:29 PM
Mountain Top Piano
by JohnSprung
Today at 05:05 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,672 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,759 Topics
2,389,160 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission