Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
84 registered (Allochi, augustm, barbaram, AZNpiano, 16 invisible), 1038 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Whizbang @ Today at 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By Anita PotterMeasures 8, 12, 16 and 24 give me fits with my fingers falling over themselves.. Solution for future pieces: skip all measures divisible by 8 or 12.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: [HD Video] Weird tonal characteristic on double string C3 by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:25 AM

The value of string couplers not withstanding, in this case, I think I will have to concede to replacement of both strings as being the best alternative after thinking this over. If the technician has limited experience, neither alternative will be
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Special Needs or, behavior issues, or normal? by Nikolas @ Today at 12:18 AM

On the subject title, I don't think any of us could judge a child. We're not supposed to. On the issue at hand: Talk to the parents. Especially if you can't handle her.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By KurtZOne of our teachers here offers or used to offer on demand lessons for adults. Was it AZN or maybe it was the other Orange County area teacher whose name escapes me? EZPiano does.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning piano - where to start??? by outo @ Today at 12:16 AM

If you feel you need structure I think exercises are fine. I'm completely the opposite, routines are not for me. I do (and invent) exercises sometimes when I feel the are needed, but mostly just study music. And while my technique is still far from e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Today at 12:15 AM

Hee hee. Housework it get's done in short bursts over the week. And I can play Melody and I don't believe it! You all should've seen me the first time months ago when I tried to play it. Painfully slow. So slow it would hurt your brain slow. Ev
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by gdguarino @ Today at 12:06 AM

[Note: This post depends heavily on the use of a word that will not pass muster on Piano World. I will substitute a similar sounding word. ] I went to my wife's cast party last night. Most of the regulars know me to one degree or another, but some a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room? by Nelsthepianoplayer @ Today at 12:04 AM

I have a 225 and I suspect my room may be smaller than yours. It has a 9' ceiling and is carpeted. I usually keep the lid up. I don't find it to be overpowering.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts BATTERY OPERATED AMPLIFIER FOR BUSKING by Skyscrapersax @ Today at 12:04 AM

I'm searching for a battery operated, lightweight amplifier for busking.... I currently use a Samson Expedition 40i for busking with my saxophone - the amp plays backing tracks. I don't amplify my horn. It's mono, of course, with treble and bass c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning piano - where to start??? by Beth_Frances @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

I never did any technical exercises or scales in my childhood piano lessons. Look at how I play (link to my videos below). I play just fine. I'm not saying you can't get anything from them, but they aren't necessary. Every time you play piano y
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Stretch in Verituner by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

It may be helpful to consider that the Verituner doesn't just "stretch" more or less with those 3 settings, but also chooses different partial matches at and near each end of the keyboard to give the software a better chance of providing a
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang Grand "Growing Brackets" by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

You should be able to tell right away if these are the growing brackets. The capstans will be almost all the way out, hammer tails may be rubbing on the wippen rail, let off buttons may have bottomed out and are off center with the jack toes. At an
Pianist Corner
From the ones I have heard some were really good, but it is true that when they have to select 80 from this lot, many will be quite mediocre. But what else would be expected? These are young people and hardly can be compared to some mature pianists.
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Of course there is no dimension of all articulation, which greatly complicates the reading of notes. Try to think from side of students , not a teachers
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang Grand "Growing Brackets" by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Here's a thread from the past with some action spread numbers: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1683867/Action_spread_question.html Ron
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By ChewbaccaIf you are looking for a lighter touch then Bluthner may suit you: these pianos definitively have the lightest touch of all the top brands I have played. When well set-up the action is very responsive, which is great for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning piano - where to start??? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

10-20 min a day of scales, chords, arpeggios and Czerny would be great if you want to get to the point where you have access to a lot of different repertoire and don't have to spend too much time drilling technical sections in order to learn pieces.
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang Grand "Growing Brackets" by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

It's been a while since I've replaced some of these - at first they were supplied free, but the last few had to be purchased. There is a measurement for the action spread - I think it was whippen center to hammer flange center? I don't remember what
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertigo on the Piano Bench? by outo @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

It can be something quite harmless, a slight infection or simply stiff neck issues, which sometimes cause such symptoms for me at work. The symptoms often get worse when you start worrying about them, people can actually develope panic attacks from s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room? by twocats @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Sounds like I might have to play with the lid closed, hope it doesn't make the tone less beautiful!
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/KkrumLb1tVA
Piano Forum
Jim, My tech was the first person recommended by Steinway in NYC. He does a lot of their warranty work and trained with Franz Mohr. To say he's passionate about the brand is a tremendous understatement. However, he is tremendously patient and accomm
Jump to new posts Young Chang Grand "Growing Brackets" by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Help! I have a new customer across the border in Rockford, IL who is a neighbor of an already established client with a Yamaha Grand. The established customer is hosting a concert pianist from Israel May 1st. The new customer also expects to have
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Has anyone was measuring the time exactly?And if one compares with the time that is needed for this:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Chewbacca @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

If you are looking for a lighter touch then Bluthner may suit you: these pianos definitively have the lightest touch of all the top brands I have played. When well set-up the action is very responsive, which is great for playing music with a lot of f
Page 3 of 88 < 1 2 3 4 5 87 88 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Piano Teaching Legacy of Solomon Mikowsky
by Molto lombardo
04/21/15 03:36 AM
Amateur-tuned and voiced! piano. How does it sound to you?
by JohnCKL
04/21/15 03:35 AM
BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND?
by peterws
04/21/15 03:25 AM
How to practise to play relaxed
by johan d
04/21/15 02:12 AM
Es7 advice
by Covfam73
04/21/15 01:04 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,968 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,395 Topics
2,398,089 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission