Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
120 registered (AntonJ, ajames, augustm, 36251, 4Fingers, 28 invisible), 1893 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by Morodiene @ Today at 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By halfordThanks for the feedback; I'm going back to take a more critical look at my learning. As I mentioned, I relied on eMedia's scoring to pass, and I can tell that it will pass me (with 100% score) even when I make mistakes.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Joplin Recital! by Pianist685 @ Today at 11:54 AM

Nobody has recorded Wall Street Rag and Heliotrope Bouquet yet, so I am taking the chance to present my versions here: http://imslp.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Rag_%28Joplin,_Scott%29#IMSLP387267 http://imslp.org/wiki/Heliotrope_Bouquet_%28Joplin,_S
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 11:48 AM

Yes, you can also use a room dehumidifier. Find one with the digital controls so you can precisely set the humidity levels. A couple of negatives are these units are noisy and they use quite a bit of electricity.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by sara elizabeth @ Today at 11:46 AM

Honestly lessons make a HUGE difference. At the beginning, you don't even know what you are looking for. You don't know what you need to improve on, so it is hard to improve. I find that when I first learn a piece, it improves very quickly, to the po
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype troubleshoot by Morodiene @ Today at 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By dmdKeystring: I see you are getting deeper and deeper into the quicksand. I am just curious if you have investigated the Skype Technical Support option, yet. More like treading water - things sta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by halford @ Today at 11:40 AM

Thanks for the feedback; I'm going back to take a more critical look at my learning. As I mentioned, I relied on eMedia's scoring to pass, and I can tell that it will pass me (with 100% score) even when I make mistakes. For example, in my uploaded
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by pchardwaregeek @ Today at 11:38 AM

So... what would be the best 'bang for your buck' digital piano at sub-1000? (preferably under 1000). Tomorrow, I will go to a big store and try all kinds of DPs out. Just say that I don't have a personal preference since I always have played on a ke
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Acoustic Piano by Fabiogrs93 @ Today at 11:35 AM

Thank you. Next week I hope to decide. Anyway I contact For Second hand schulze Pollmann. Relating to b1 I Know that is not the piano suited For me at all because I Will found early its limitations. The kawai k500 is a very good model and is cheaper
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok, For Children by keystring @ Today at 11:30 AM

I ran into this gem last night - Bartok playing his own compositions. The phrasing is an eye opener, and a delight.
Ya, the cutoff thing is really a shame if it can't do that. I think for live playing that is such a helpful feature to have. Great video!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by keystring @ Today at 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftOriginally Posted By keystring I am not sure that I agree completely with the idea of trying to play this musically at this early stage. My teacher started talking about musicality at my second or third lesson. I didn't
Originally Posted By pchardwaregeekThanks guys, I'll look into some of those! Good idea. BTW ... Your little "saying" at the bottom of all your posts is missing the word "IT" as the second word at the beginning of the saying.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by Morodiene @ Today at 11:21 AM

I don't really know about a site you are looking for. I think it's more than just specs that you have to look at with a DP. Yes, it's electronic equipment, but things like the feel of the action is such a personal decision that it's hard to just put
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by pchardwaregeek @ Today at 11:18 AM

Yes exactly. With portable I mean something that's not always attached to a big stand, because I want to take it to places frequently and I have a table where I can put the piano on.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by Pete14 @ Today at 11:14 AM

Option #1: You could remove the entire chasis of the MP11, and end up with a no-buttons, no-sliders, nothing-but-cables-and-circuit-boards-industrial-looking MPC1. Option #2: Throw a blanket on top of the interface, place a candelabra and flower jug
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by coaster @ Today at 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By CinnamonbearWow. Judy's playing made me forget I was watching a competition. That was gorgeous! She was in the zone! --Andy I loved it! Gorgeous.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide mains/French translation needed by TimR @ Today at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By keystring The thing that stuck out for me is the fact that some of the decisions had to do with how you look in front of your audience, according to the social aesthetics of the idea - and that made me want to dismiss these thin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 11:05 AM

Wow. Judy's playing made me forget I was watching a competition. That was gorgeous! She was in the zone! --Andy
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ Today at 10:59 AM

Yes, thanks. What do you suggest if I don't have the chance to install the piano life saver ? It seems not available in Rome. Ordinary dehumidifier ? -Aj
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by David Farley @ Today at 10:56 AM

Not all digital pianos are intended to be portable. By portable do you mean you're looking for a stage piano? Something you might need to move frequently? That narrows the selection a bit.
Jump to new posts Re: other uses for teflon powder? by Beemer @ Today at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By David BoyceThere has previously been extensive discussion of the safety of Teflon powder. It is SAFE. There may be hazardous processes in the manufacturing, but the end product is inert. There are many hazardous processes in
Pianist Corner
The SOLO piano?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by pianoloverus @ Today at 10:49 AM

Maybe it's not so easy to do, but I think you should ask your teacher about his approach. If it's for the reason you surmise in the first post, why not explain to him the difficulty you're having and ask advice on how to learn these difficult pieces
Jump to new posts Re: A good digital piano under / around $900 by Morodiene @ Today at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By pchardwaregeekI do have a decent PC, but not any sound card / DAC/AMP or any of such. Will I still be able to work with a good software piano? You do need a sound card, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a special one. If yo
Jump to new posts Re: Worth it for Part-time Tuner to Join PTG as Associate? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:45 AM

Musicdude, If you have the time to post on PW, you probably have the time to avail yourself of the advantages of PTG membership. Just a wild guess on my part though.
Page 3 of 76 < 1 2 3 4 5 75 76 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha CP50 disassembly
by Gombessa
08/26/16 03:53 PM
share your scales routines!
by Valencia
08/26/16 03:09 PM
Play at very fast pace without shifting the beat
by Nahum
08/26/16 03:09 PM
Finally - Ce Ce Peniston on Piano??
by MichaelSerum
08/26/16 02:30 PM
New F-150R?
by brooster
08/26/16 01:59 PM
Forum Stats
84,780 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,762 Topics
2,550,556 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission