Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (Becki, beeboss, beet31425, agraffe, alwatson, 30 invisible), 1326 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha Silent Grand (SH system) by Davdoc @ Today at 08:22 AM

Dear all, I am newly registered here, although I have been helped greatly by browsing the forums. I am looking at upgrading our second piano (actually the one we got first), a Yamaha GB1, with something that can work better with our first piano whe
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by Beemer @ Today at 08:20 AM

Interesting comment you made about sticking with the original stretch. I was thinking that if the tuner using an etd it might not take into account the existing stretch. Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano exam by ShiroKuro @ Today at 08:12 AM

That sounds like a great way to select pieces! What are you going to work on next?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SRF Review - One Year Later by ShiroKuro @ Today at 08:08 AM

Sorry I'm late commenting on this. Quazsedcft, thanks for making that list. Some of those things I already do, but others not. I copied the list and am going to make a sort of "to do" version with one word or short phrase commands to keep a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discussing stretch with a professional tuner by wouter79 @ Today at 08:01 AM

I'm not a tech but I once requested changes in stretch from my tuner on my piano. So yes if you need a particular stretch, request it before he starts tuning I think you can set the ETD to any stretch you like. And it probably has a default. Maybe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by ShiroKuro @ Today at 07:51 AM

As a foreign language teacher and researcher, I can't help but want to comment on the comparison of piano learning and language learning. Yes, people do often have great success with language immersion (i.e., going to the country and speaking the lan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano exam by Timpskie @ Today at 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By ShiroKuroYou played both very well! Congratulations! I especially like the Tiersen piece! I like that you were about to choose your pieces. All of the exams I've ever heard of don't allow students to choose their own pieces, eit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Frequencies of piano notes by wouter79 @ Today at 07:37 AM

If you can count quick, you can count the cycles at the lowest notes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Frequencies of piano notes by wouter79 @ Today at 07:33 AM

They seem right about the frequency http://www.contrabass.com/pages/frequency.html It lists the Bb1 at 14.57Hz as the lowest for the octocontrabass clarinet, indeed 2 semitones below the lowest Bösendorfer imperial. The extended contrabass clarin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Kiyola KF-10 by spanishbuddha @ Today at 07:28 AM

There's a bit of a difference having small speakers on a stage piano right in your face (ears), versus a console with a speaker set up often projecting a more encompassing aural experience or aimed at the audience rather than the player. Of course yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left Handed Pianist Needs advice by earlofmar @ Today at 07:27 AM

I have been playing for around three and a half years and even although I was doing plenty of scales I still was finding my left hand (I am right handed) less dexterous but none the less improving slowly mainly as my repertoire became more complex. O
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from 2014 K-6 to Baby Grand? by pianomise @ Today at 07:22 AM

On a side note, how would I go about finding a professional piano tech to take a look at a used RX-2 with me? Thanks. Mac
Jump to new posts Re: Avantgrand N2 - 6 months on by Frédéric L @ Today at 07:22 AM

The N1 has soft, medium and hard settings.
Jump to new posts Re: Trade in by spanishbuddha @ Today at 07:13 AM

Since your main complaint is about the feel of the action, if you are happy with the sound I wonder what a piano technician says about the possibilities of lightening and improving the action for you? That would be my first step based on what you hav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano exam by ShiroKuro @ Today at 07:09 AM

You played both very well! Congratulations! I especially like the Tiersen piece! I like that you were about to choose your pieces. All of the exams I've ever heard of don't allow students to choose their own pieces, either they are assigned or the s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano exam by Timpskie @ Today at 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By Tubbie0075Beautifully played. What exam did you take? I'm taking piano lessons at our city music academy. And at the end of every year you have to play 3 pieces you choose. This was my first year of piano lessons so this was m
Jump to new posts Roland Kiyola KF-10 by Dscally @ Today at 06:46 AM

Hi all There was discussion a few months ago about the Roland Kiyola KF-10, and some posters were enthusiastic about the design while others were critical about the specs (in particular the key action). I gathered that the criticism was based mostl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano exam by Tubbie0075 @ Today at 06:46 AM

Beautifully played. What exam did you take?
Jump to new posts Re: Trade in by Ozan @ Today at 06:44 AM

Your right ElmerJFudd ... i guess i have to play the waiting game and see what folks want to offer. I already put up some advertisements. I sold some pianos over the years, also privately, its just that i noticed that folks are usually reluctant to
Jump to new posts Re: Avantgrand N2 - 6 months on by Ozan @ Today at 06:30 AM

Hey Chris When you noted in your initial review "the key bedding is a little too 'hard'" what do you exactly mean by this? Do you mean the keys themself or the playstyle, the touch overall? Dont the AvantGrands come with a "light, nor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha c3 grey market by terminaldegree @ Today at 06:29 AM

If the entire piano were being restrung, that could cost 2-3 dollars alone. I am skeptical that there's any profit left in that piano for the dealer, which makes me question whether the piano: is as new as is being advertised is actually being restru
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left Handed Pianist Needs advice by bennevis @ Today at 06:29 AM

There is no reason why 'handedness' should result in one hand being less dextrous than another, if you 'train' both appropriately. Advanced classical pianists in general have equal dexterity in both hands, while jazzers have much better dexterity i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by Steve Jackson @ Today at 06:16 AM

I just looked at the earlier pictures. For sure, the piano has been altered. The bridges have been changed as they do not have graphite on them, they should be burnished beechwood. As Ed also noted, they have red cloth which is not original also. Th
Pianist Corner
It's worth quoting Ralph Kirkpatrick (of Kk fame) on the matter of Scarlatti's tempo directions: "Scarlatti's directions seem to have but little bearing on the actual speed at which the piece is to be taken; rather, they serve as indications of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by Steve Jackson @ Today at 06:09 AM

Those are normal Bechstein cracks and are repairable without consequence, as long as it is done by someone experienced in doing this work. They are not really structural. Common on the B which replaced the V, but that is probably a 20th century V th
Page 3 of 68 < 1 2 3 4 5 67 68 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Essay about music lessons via Skype
by indigo_dave
06/26/16 08:36 AM
Yamaha Silent Grand (SH system)
by Davdoc
06/26/16 08:22 AM
Roland Kiyola KF-10
by Dscally
06/26/16 06:46 AM
Left Handed Pianist Needs advice
by Rusco
06/26/16 06:00 AM
My first piano exam
by Timpskie
06/26/16 05:16 AM
Forum Stats
84,110 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,575 Topics
2,536,577 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission