Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
89 registered (Ben_NZ, ando, AZ_Astro, 36251, 25 invisible), 1277 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ Today at 06:08 PM

This is a wonderful recital. Well done to everyone. I'm surprised and embarrassed by the reactions to my Clementi. Thank you so much for that. I'm struggling with time and logistics at present but here's a selection of thoughts that I hope I can ad
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: What to check for when buying a used DP? by Nimi1 @ Today at 06:07 PM

Thanks fizikisto and mac! Will certainly check each key and verify the purchase date.
Jump to new posts Re: What to check for when buying a used DP? by MacMacMac @ Today at 06:03 PM

Verify the age. Ask the seller to show you the invoice or sales receipt. Look for the serial number on the piano and you might find the manufacture date.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Whizbang @ Today at 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By CarlosCCWell, I would say you have to choose the pieces you really like first... there are so many you can try, but don't wast time with pieces you don't fell something special. The best pieces choose you.
I have the PX5S and use it with headphones and small Presonus studio speakers - I love it. I started with a Yamaha P105 and liked it but I really wanted to use a DAW. The PX5S is an amazing tool IMHO. Yes it is a bit more complex than other instrumen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song from my youth by harpon @ Today at 05:59 PM

Your youth? How old are you- that might help. Sounds like your "Tas" might be quarter notes and the "Das" eigth notes?
Jump to new posts Re: Help a beginner choose a digital piano by SelfTaught99 @ Today at 05:59 PM

Man you sound exactly like I did when I first started playing! It really is subjective like you said. I'm self taught (hence the name) and I never read sheet music. I would recommend learning some basics about technique for a while first. Afterwards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by Plowboy @ Today at 05:58 PM

I thought this thread would be about Rickster and his collection!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Playing by ear"? by Whizbang @ Today at 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaWhizbang, I don't know some of those, but Jingle Bells and Silent Night are not Jingle Bells or Silent Night. Just being able to sound in many different styles is amazing of course. For lots of these, he starts with an i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by PaintedPostDave @ Today at 05:56 PM

Rickster, Six pianos at $180,000 each equals $1,080,000. According to the Knockdown website: "Built in 1903, Knockdown Center is a 50,000 sq. ft. restored factory uniquely situated on a gated three acre lot. A labyrinthine arrangement of brick
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to put my piano by Raindrops @ Today at 05:53 PM

It's pork bone soup mostly nowadays, sometimes chicken soup.....I like soup, although my piano apparently not excited about it.
Jump to new posts Re: What to check for when buying a used DP? by fizikisto @ Today at 05:52 PM

I would check all the keys and make sure that none of them stick and that there are no weird dynamic variations (like one key much louder or softer than the others). Check all the panel buttons to make sure they function appropriately. And if ther
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Playing by ear"? by Brian Lucas @ Today at 05:50 PM

In the most basic sense, playing by ear would be going to the piano and trying to figure out "Happy Birthday" or something simple with no help. On a more advanced level, it would be for example, getting a request to play a song you've never
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone PLEASE tell me this is a joke... by Svenno @ Today at 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By PoverTt must be because I laughed waaay too much. When he started HITTING the piano I couldn't hold it in. God... I wonder what the poor piano did to deserve this. I would've given it so much love and taken care of it. Ridiculous
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by bennevis @ Today at 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusIf the rest of your program is quite virtuosic, then I don't think your encore has to be virtuosic. That's right - Träumerai was Horowitz's favorite encore .
Originally Posted By Hendrik42At the beginning, second 1 to 2, maybe 3, the recording microphone is overwhelmed, right? Right Quote: Anything else I should hear? Compared to my CN35, there is less, erm, depth? to the sound, but that must be your
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you buy your sheet music from? by bennevis @ Today at 05:40 PM

I've bought lots of books and music scores from the Book Depository via Amazon.co.uk, but never had to wait longer than a week to receive them. Usually before the earliest delivery date given. Just as well, as I've occasionally had to buy books at s
Jump to new posts What to check for when buying a used DP? by Nimi1 @ Today at 05:40 PM

Hello, This is my first post here. I found a second hand Yamaha CP5 that is being sold by someone in my city for an extremely low price (about 60% less than store price). He says it's 2 years old and in perfect condition. I've tried it out for a sho
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by pianoloverus @ Today at 05:31 PM

If the rest of your program is quite virtuosic, then I don't think your encore has to be virtuosic. Especially if your final piece on the regular program is highly virtuosic. There are thousands of possibilities. Are there any composers you particula
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Albunea @ Today at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By grace_note My sister and I had the John Thompson books (if anyone remembers those) and we got through them. I've bought one today!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to put my piano by backto_study_piano @ Today at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By Raindrops... For some reason whenever I cook some soup (takes long time slow cook), my piano will go to sleep... Is it chicken soup? It is reputed to cause sleep. Original question - re placement of the piano - where are yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Playing by ear"? by Albunea @ Today at 05:21 PM

Whizbang, I don't know some of those, but Jingle Bells and Silent Night are not Jingle Bells or Silent Night. Just being able to sound in many different styles is amazing of course.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By CarlosCC33. 8 Octaves - Good Humored, op. 194, no. 4 - If this is still a work in progress, I imagine how it sounds when it's ready. Very solid, consistent and conscientious playing; your Yamaha soun
Jump to new posts Re: The "piano meastro" - anyone ever buy/use it by bennevis @ Today at 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By Thomas B do you really mean sight-reading in the sense of playing a piece from a score you do not know? Then I totally agree or even more, it is almost the other way around, in the sense that you need to have the ability to ident
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
With the note itself I meant the sound generated by the strings of that note, from the moment they are struck by the hammer. This as opposed to noise generated by the keyboard or action, before or after hammer impact. (Examples of which I had descr
Page 3 of 106 < 1 2 3 4 5 105 106 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
05/22/15 09:09 PM
And so the search begins...
by Caine
05/22/15 08:55 PM
Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play
by briandang
05/22/15 08:30 PM
What to check for when buying a used DP?
by Nimi1
05/22/15 05:40 PM
String levelling issue?
by Chris Warren
05/22/15 04:59 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,255 Topics
2,409,340 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission