Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: pianoboy22Hello everyone, I am currently residing in a 3rd world country where it is the norm for technicians to try to BS you to take your money. My fridge technician told me I had to replace a 500 dollar part, when in fact I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I have been deceived by joonsang @ Today at 01:05 AM

OP you are really quite a character...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How many years? by Polyphonist @ Today at 01:04 AM

We get so many threads like this...there is never a way to answer it that will help the poster.
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Goedkope Nike Free Run 2 by rstuvw780928 @ Today at 01:01 AM

To celebrate the upcoming global sporting event, the effort to build a series of shoes, including the innovative Nike Flyknit and three other running shoes, are Nike LunarGlide+, Nike Free Run+ and Nike Lunar Montreal. All models have followed Libert
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Mawliet @ Today at 12:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpi5upQDZrw Here is an example of the audio (you can look at my other videos to compare) and I tried using my external interface (usb) but when i set it as a recording device in audacity it does not record the piano s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by argerichfan @ Today at 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: DonaldLeeOriginally Posted By: argerichfan In some aspects, I think Schumann as challenging as anything in Chopin or Liszt. I would say more difficult. Chopin and Liszt are quite comfortable in the hands when played correctl
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: GadzarI tried to solve the quiz, but I quited. I've answered only 6 questions. If I was your student I would also quit your lessons! I'm being honest. It's boring and tedious and tricky and mislideaing. Pure intervals are pure
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: UnrightToonerOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTThanks everyone for the comments and help with the quiz. Mark, one comment I have is the apparent assumption that all FBIs are wide. This is true of major FBIs. But minor F
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by piccione @ Today at 12:50 AM

Yeah, I thought about something like that, but I haven't learnt to drive yet LOL and don't have a car. Will I be able to charge it with AC at home? How long do you think the battery will last? and how long does it have to charge? Sorry for stupi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by Francisco Scalco @ Today at 12:45 AM

It's like Kreisler said in the other thread... "Playing those notes is very hard, but playing the music is easier." Or something like this.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by beet31425 @ Today at 12:41 AM

Lingyis, To repeat an common saying here: I strongly suggest that you get a teacher, now. I'm speaking as someone who also worked on these etudes in the past, worked on them again recently with a great teacher, and was shown... everything. Lots of t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher issue by piccione @ Today at 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene[quote=Peter K. Mose] Do an in-person interview with the teacher (some don't charge for this) to talk with them about your goals and weaknesses in piano. Life is busy and still haven't gotten another teacher... I'm
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by terminaldegree @ Today at 12:32 AM

You could use a 12v car battery and a power inverter, though you'd have to lug the battery back upstairs and charge it periodically.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Saranoya Originally Posted By: outoI find it hard to believe that all your teacher's students practice. I'm pretty sure that many of them don't. But isn't this what makes me a good student? The fact that, unlike most, I *do*
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by DoelKees @ Today at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: UnrightTooner Mark, one comment I have is the apparent assumption that all FBIs are wide. This is true of major FBIs. But minor FBIs, though not as popular in tuning, are narrow and therefore can give the wrong answers to some o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by laguna_greg @ Today at 12:19 AM

Frank, I must agree with my peers here about haggling over the price for lessons. Either the teacher is worth it, or they're not. If they are, then it's insulting to have a relatively ignorant person like yourself tell them they shouldn't get the m
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: MarkHNoobpianist90 - your assertion that performance anxiety stems from improper breathing is glib and dismissive of the complex psychological and physiological symptoms that people who suffer from it experience. I apologize if
Piano Forum
<Ok, I have a question about old Steinways. What's the difference between fully rebuilt or restored? My neighbor's M costs her $39K (fully rebuilt was the term she used). So when you guys say it's possible for me to buy an Old Steinway, it will no
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: peterwsTeachers get paid to teach, they're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Probably not. But *good* teachers teach despite the fact that they could almost certainly make more money doing something else. My tea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ Today at 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: JimF 21. outo - Souvenir op 99 nr 3 My wife would probably love for me to play this since she is a native Finn. You play it with a beautiful touch and a lot of sensitivity. Thanks for bringing it to my attention… had no idea Sib
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevis I find it strange that people who wouldn't refuse a beer or a cigarette have qualms about taking a beta-blocker to stop them shaking in performance. Alcohol dulls the brain and slows your reaction time (which is why it'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by laguna_greg @ Today at 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: beet31425Originally Posted By: Louis Podestahttp://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yout...FCFBCC23733DDC5 bing? :0 -J you did NOT just say that...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher issue by piccione @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneIf a student doesn't have any set goal, then I teach them the things that I feel they should know in order to equip them to play whatever they want as their taste defines itself. It sounds as though you had a goal: you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by piccione @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Is there any such thing as a portable power supply, battery outlet or something to make my digital piano more portable? Like if I wanted to bring mine down to the basement to practice where there is no AC outlet. I would imagine they would have som
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts on revisiting Chopin Etudes by Lingyis @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Not having been to a conservatory, I never seriously worked on them. I played through a few of them when I was younger, some as a kid (e.g. 10/2-5, 12), some in high school (e.g. 10/8, 25/11-12), some in college (several op25s), but lately I'm revis
Page 3 of 108 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 107 108 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
89 registered (Alux, Allard, AndrewJCW, AZNpiano, angga888, 22 invisible), 1104 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156827 Topics
2304350 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
Today at 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Molotov Cocktail Piano
by Robert W. Weber
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission