Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (anotherscott, bennevis, 36251, beet31425, anamnesis, 30 invisible), 1268 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The XW-G1/P1 (which I also mentioned above) does not have as good a piano sound as the PX5S. But maybe good enough (and especially if he can also trigger a soft piano when needed).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by debussychopin @ Today at 05:45 PM

Bach inventions are great. I tried practicing some of them like no. 3, 6, and 13. I should go back to them soon, but just I have my interests on other pieces now. There are too many piano pieces to try to learn in this life!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 20th Century Pieces by Nikolas @ Today at 05:44 PM

Here's a few youtube vids with pieces I've published in the past few years. I'll post for other works in the next post.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by newport @ Today at 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiGEORGE LI, so far is the only competitor that is a true candidate for one of the top three prizes. If I could upload a picture, it would worth a thousand words. Showing the judge holding his head between his hands during V
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 20th Century Pieces by debussychopin @ Today at 05:41 PM

Tons of stuff from Debussy, Ravel, Prokofiev. etc.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by patH @ Today at 05:40 PM

I arrived in Switzerland today! Met my sister in Bern. We had dinner, and tomorrow we plan to see the Lion King in Basel. On Friday we come to Luzern. Is the place called "Hotel des Alpes", with an e? Or is "Des Alps" somewhere
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ Today at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiHence my point of view how this could have developed. Speculation, yes. But I can't find any other logical or reasonable explanation. This comment assumes you know better than anyone who is good and who is bad.
Oh, I wasn't aware that this is actually being built into DPs. I'd imagine a few plate resonances and the spatial distribution of their nodes might help to enliven the sound image. Looking forward to play one of those, but intuitively I'd expect adv
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By fnorkSpeculation based on who stood on stage, who was offstage, who would 'vote for motherland'. How impressive. More unimpressive speculation then. They had to find a winner from motherland. Medvedev, Masleev and Turpanov was
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Twelve Major and Minor Dorian scales by Tango @ Today at 05:36 PM

Hello all.I am self taught.In a book I have it lists the twelve minor Dorian scales.But,no where in the book or any where on the web can I find out anything about the twelve major Dorian scales.Can you please tell me how to form a major Dorian scale?
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by casinitaly @ Today at 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By casinitalyI have that book too, but have barely looked at it so far.... I would be willing to try! Please do! Something of mine will be there! YAY! Yes, not as good as having YOU there, but we will
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by Johan B @ Today at 05:36 PM

RaggedKeyPresser and Isabelle, The inventions are so nice. In my vision one of the best highlights of Baroque period. Kind regards, Johan B
Adult Beginners Forum
If one has a very clear idea of what you want to accomplish, coupled with a strong desire to accomplish it, you will find a way to do it. We often hear about this or that person having so much "talent", rather than how many hours that pers
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ Today at 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkOriginally Posted By HakkiMatsuev and Beroff were on the stage, Feltzman and Bashkirov was applauding hands up, Engstrom were backstage, Berezovsky, Dorensky, Ovchinnikov would vote for motherland. So that makes 8 out of 11
Jump to new posts Kawai MP7 OUTPUT Jack not working by yukimister @ Today at 05:33 PM

It's a great board, I use headphone jack most of time. But when i connect headphone / speaker to the Output jack on the back, no audio on both: L/Mono and R. I have also changed the sound from stereo to Mono, no luck. Anyone knows what's going on
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by 36251 @ Today at 05:33 PM

You could also look for a RD300GX, which has the same action but no internal speakers. I mention this only cause it increasing the chances of finding one. I'm a big fan of this action and had to pry my fingers from it when I finally sold my FP4 for $
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Copyright for lyrics to a song someone else wrote? by Steve Chandler @ Today at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By bill5Didn't find the answer net searching, including the copyright office. Anyone have insights on how this works? Can you get a copyright without their permission (not that I intend to do this)? Can you record w/o their permi
What about Casio XW-G1/P1? It is not a digital piano, but neither is VR-09. It's cheap, good sounding keyboard. If it has the same piano sample set that PX5-S (plz make sure about that), you should be more than happy with it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by fnork @ Today at 05:25 PM

May I ask where you live, how old you are and where you study at the moment? I can share some experiences of my own on the matter: Having gone through some music academies and such, I have on several occasions managed to put together orchestras by
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thought I'd share a ragtime piece by Steve Chandler @ Today at 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene -Secondly, around 1:16 the music lost my attention. For some reason it seemed a bit long by a few measures. It could be due to his playing (he seemed to stumble here a bit as well), so without knowing how it really shou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 05:24 PM

I really like them. What makes it interesting is to analyse and take them apart, and see how he put together the ideas. Also listen to the voices independently as you play them and see how nicely they fit together. Sing LH and the RH phrases and get
Adult Beginners Forum
Congratulations, Johan! It sounds like everything went really well.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts 20th Century Pieces by Christoaster12 @ Today at 05:23 PM

Hi all, What are some of your favorite 20th century (or 21st) compositions? I've been recently looking into some for college auditions and found that I really love this genre compared to what I typically play. Any suggestions on ones you all think w
Pianist Corner
Speculation based on who stood on stage, who was offstage, who would 'vote for motherland'. How impressive.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ Today at 05:18 PM

I think the jurors agree and don't follow what the rules say because of so many ties. And look at the violinists…it's clear that is agreed (agreed means one says it is so and none of the members of the jury complains, or if one does, he/she can't m
Page 3 of 92 < 1 2 3 4 5 91 92 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which verticals would be considered mellow?
by PamDD
07/01/15 06:54 PM
Competitions and nationality
by fnork
07/01/15 06:17 PM
Twelve Major and Minor Dorian scales
by Tango
07/01/15 05:36 PM
Kawai MP7 OUTPUT Jack not working
by yukimister
07/01/15 05:33 PM
20th Century Pieces
by Christoaster12
07/01/15 05:23 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,852 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,221 Topics
2,423,048 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission