Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (accordeur, Adam Schaaf 58265, 3times2, ahoffmann, 37 invisible), 1409 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I studied the A minor sonata MAAAAAAANY years back :-) it's a wonderful sonata and the second and third movement are even more scary, if that helps. first think it differently. is not 8 to 9 minutes but about 4 to 5 when you don't include the repeti
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Example of Beat Speed Analysis by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:15 PM

I hope some people find this interesting. I am providing this service free of charge. http://howtotunepianos.com/temperament-report-for-001-01/
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Some PianistOriginally Posted By anotherscott PX5S does not have the internal speakers you want, or a metronome. It is a bit better than the PX350 as a piano, though. Then the PX-5S is out and the PX350 is the prime candidate ri
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by anotherscott @ Today at 12:11 PM

We agree about trills. The distinction I was making was about same-note repetition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by trandinhnamanh @ Today at 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By mautiqueSalut Trandinhnsmsnh! Merci beaucoup! I will certainly go check out le Viaduc des Arts. Do I really have an invitation from you to play your P190? Of course you really have my invitation to visit my P190 You won'
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by Morodiene @ Today at 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By MorodieneYou can do fast repeated notes on double-sensor actions, but you need to let the key raise up farther before pressing it again, making these figures more awkward to play quickly. Clarify
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello everyone! As the title said... I think this problem has probably been mentioned quite many times. The thing was, and is still too much of a disaster for me I often crack under pressure from the second half of pieces I try to record, the cl
Jump to new posts Re: RPTs, Associates : Patrons and DIYers by Adam Schaaf 58265 @ Today at 11:46 AM

Thanks to all responders, more than I could have expected. My current RPT, Allan Perkins is a blessing as a fellow believer as well as a skilled and helpful technician. The "second tuning" fee is well worth the tutoring demonstrations I r
Jump to new posts MIDI Record Strips by d2g @ Today at 11:45 AM

Hello, I'm a pianoteq 5/ RD-700NX player with a Mason AA on the way (excited). I'm wrestling with the option of adding midi recording - don't need the player system just recording. Would appreciate advice and experienced views on PNOScan vs pianod
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by anotherscott @ Today at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneYou can do fast repeated notes on double-sensor actions, but you need to let the key raise up farther before pressing it again, making these figures more awkward to play quickly. Clarifying that a bit, the benefit of th
Adult Beginners Forum
i hope those mental puzzles are the fun kind..not a stressful kind.
Adult Beginners Forum
DebussyChopin, These days it was caused by all kind of mental puzzles......the other feeling after a day of hard work......I know... Kind regards, Johan B
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by debussychopin @ Today at 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By som debussychopin - thanks. The PX760 looks to be identical to the PX150, except it's non-portable with stand and 3 pedals. Portability is not a huge deal for me, so will take it into consideration. No , the 760 is robustly
Adult Beginners Forum
There are many days I can't feel like I'm practicing well or have piano "depression". Lot of times it is my physical condition how late it is or right after a long day or driving. Lot of times the reason is unknown.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by mautique @ Today at 11:30 AM

Salut Trandinhnsmsnh! Merci beaucoup! I will certainly go check out le Viaduc des Arts. Do I really have an invitation from you to play your P190?
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By pyropaul[quote=Mark Cerisano, RPT][quote=pyropaul] I've been to your site many times and have taken part in your quizzes on various topics. The best unisons were on the octave quiz, but I d
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by Alexander Borro @ Today at 11:28 AM

Morodiene, yes that was my feeling with regard to third sensor as the more important feature. Not that it matters much to me at this stage of my development I guess, but there is an interesting video by Pianomanchuck giving a demo of the how the keys
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ivan Moravec RIP by Steve Chandler @ Today at 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By BeeZee4A wonderful Chopinist. Listening now to his account of the Preludes from the Connoisseur label remastered from 1965. And his rendition of the "Barcarolle" is just sublime, one of my favorites along with Rubenst
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by jim ialeggio @ Today at 11:23 AM

The thing I find interesting about this, and it includes all the economist's models of work force re-allocation, is that despite all of the amazing advances technology has brought, and all the life style changes it has forcast, job satisfaction and o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by R_B @ Today at 11:21 AM

I think it shouldn't make any difference WHERE a piano is produced or by whom. If a brand decides to relocate to the other side of a town/city/state/country/world they SHOULD BE relocating their whole design/development/build process and produce the
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:21 AM

Any organization can only do so much at one time. The issue of full rights for all members can quickly spread what energy and focus an organization is capable of employing so broadly that the whole enterprise collapses. I long ago tried to get a ful
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:11 AM

It is gratifying to see people discuss the issue of what the future of humans will be like with totally ubiquitous and autonomous robotic artificial intelligence. I am serious about not giving robots rights. We have this absurd legal fiction that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by Steve Chandler @ Today at 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By trandinhnamanhOriginally Posted By acortot Modern Pleyels should be therefore evaluated simply on the sound and not because of their 'heritage' in my opinion, since they sound little like the real Pleyel factory pianos, which bas
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Albunea @ Today at 11:06 AM

I've learnt something about "Oriental" in music terminology and I am sharing it here. It seems at some point Oriental was a tag used on some music, especially Russian (I learnt about it reading Rimsky-Korsakov's page in wikipedia now). Quo
Jump to new posts Re: Humans Need Not Apply by Tunewerk @ Today at 11:04 AM

Machineintel, that definitely may be possible just like it always has. I think the point that keeps getting missed is that brain automation is completely different, and that it's evolving faster than the human biological ability to adapt. I think th
Page 3 of 78 < 1 2 3 4 5 77 78 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Split-Treble Upright Action
by Adam Schaaf 58265
07/30/15 01:19 PM
Example of Beat Speed Analysis
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
07/30/15 12:15 PM
The tremendous pressure while recording, then tempo Rage!
by DanL
07/30/15 11:47 AM
MIDI Record Strips
by d2g
07/30/15 11:45 AM
Another video of a Chopin-period Pleyel
by acortot
07/30/15 10:11 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,196 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,853 Topics
2,431,279 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission