Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
92 registered (AZNpiano, augustm, aesop, angga888, 21 invisible), 1110 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on selling my piano (repeat post) by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

I would speak to and get approval from the lender beforehand.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Thanks, everyone. Quote:Your audience will be comfortable! Just don't put them to sleep! Quote:Wonderful! Are you calling it your boudoir piano? Quote:from bed to piano......very efficient Quote:And with the bedroom location you are sure to hav
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Seiler ED 186 by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

The Ed. Seiler ED-186 and Boston GP-193 are roughly the same size, and both are ranked in the "Intermediate-Grade" category in "Piano Buyer". Play both of them, and buy the one whose touch, tone, price, warranty, dealer service,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kawai RX-7 BLAK or????? by kneman1 @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and this will be my first post. Please let me know give some backstory. I am currently 36 years old and played piano from age 7 to 18 years old consistently mainly classical. From 18 until now I really haven't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano light / lamp recs by Zerlina @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaFor a grand or an upright? It's for an upright. Thanks for your recommendation!
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a Steinway art case? by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By Ed FooteHi Eric, That is a "Mediterranean" case. I have a customer, a long term Steinway Artist, that has one. Regards, Any idea as to when these began and ended production? The 2 I know of have serial numbers 8
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Spinet Regulation by rXd @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

I note the OP has qualifications so I will skip the more obvious suggestions but I remember some similar symptoms being produced by the abstracts on an otherwise decently regulated spinet being out of line or curved. It might be worth checking them
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Meeting with prospective parent/students by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

I am going to meet prospective students in a couple days, and would like your feedback on what I should do during the interview in this specific case. Part of the lesson request included this line: "My 8 yr old daughter is keen but my 10 yr old
Pianist Corner
This is my first post. I am a piano teacher. I wanted to comment on the competition and Fei Fei Dong. I followed closely the Chopin 2010 competition and Cliburn 2013 competition. I was impressed some of Fei Fei Dong's playing at those times. I li
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a Steinway art case? by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Thanks, Ed. The case on the "Mediterranean B" is massive. The lid is the heaviest I have ever lifted.
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Spinet Regulation by PreacherPianoman @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Let me clarify. Key level and dip have been re done. New felts and spacers. As I said, this piano has rubber bushings connecting to the drop sticker. I have finished the tuning and now am doing the regulating. Hammers are shaped. Repairs have been ma
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buy a new grand piano...showroom or factory? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

I think you would have to put down the money first. No dealer is going to bring another piano onto the floor without you first committing to buy one of them.
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a Steinway art case? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Hi Eric, That is a "Mediterranean" case. I have a customer, a long term Steinway Artist, that has one. Regards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Logistics, Advice on selling a piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Write up a bill of sale listing the piano by make, model, serial number, finish, bench and whatever else goes with it. List your full name and mailing address and the address of the present location of the piano. List the full name and mailing addres
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Ehrbar baby grand by Geeta @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

I'm looking seriously at an Ehrbar baby grand. It has a great sound (two keys stick occasionally, but I suspect that can be fixed), and the price is good. My two main questions are: How old is it? The owner has no idea, but the registration numbe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Bsw @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

My teacher and I were talking recently about favorite piano pieces and I mentioned Christofori's Dream by David Lanz. He now has me starting to learn it. Can't hear anything else in the quiet.
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

+1 for Dorrie and Kees
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Logistics, Advice on selling a piano by P I A N O piano @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Okay, so what are your suggestions? Putting money in escrow? When is the deal done? I have to make sure I am released from the obligation of having the piano in my possession before I can move it out of my home... it goes both ways, correct? The buye
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Logistics, Advice on selling a piano by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Your plan sounds like the buyer is trusting you whole-heartedly. Kind of like selling a vehicle without the title in hand... you give me the money, I pay off the loan, get the title and then present you with the title. It's doable, I suppose; if th
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on selling my piano (repeat post) by kennyz @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

You could also have the buyer do a final walk around inspection, making note of any defects, scuffs, ( kinda like when you bring the car into the dealer for service) and both of you sign off on it. You could add some pics and or a recording as well,
Jump to new posts Is this a Steinway art case? by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

I regularly service a 1927 Steinway "B" with a case just like these photos of a friend's 1927 Steinway "M". I had always thought the "B" case was a one-of-a-kind, but now I know it is not. Has anyone else seen a case lik
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on selling my piano (repeat post) by P I A N O piano @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

That is helpful (and sounds easier than I thought,) thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on selling my piano (repeat post) by kennyz @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

I would imagine the bank should give a lien release one the loan is paid off. If. The buyer is local you could just show them the document for proof that the loan has been satisfied. As far as moving, I'd let the buyer hire a mover,in a separate tran
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences **Solved** by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By toddyThis is most confusing! If the stereo panned pair is out of phase, it would sound bad to begin with, wouldn't it - diffuse and insubstantial? And panning them together in the centre would make matters worse - cancelling a lo
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Spinet Regulation by Gerry Johnston @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

I, too, have little patience for the "I don't work on spinets" attitude. Years ago a Russian woman, Moscow Conservatory trained, settled in my area and a spinet was all she could afford at the time. I did the best I could taking care of it
Page 3 of 99 < 1 2 3 4 5 98 99 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Voicing & regulation issues on a newly restored Steinway L
by EricJ
04/28/15 12:17 AM
Free sheet music?
by PamDD
04/27/15 11:17 PM
Kawai RX-7 BLAK or?????
by kneman1
04/27/15 10:28 PM
Meeting with prospective parent/students
by Arghhh
04/27/15 10:16 PM
Ehrbar baby grand
by Geeta
04/27/15 09:48 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,071 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,604 Topics
2,400,533 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission