Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by Kawai James @ Today at 08:30 PM

That's good to hear - thank you for the update panino. Kind regards, James x
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Polyphonist @ Today at 08:29 PM

Although I don't understand what's going on so far in this piece, I will continue in the four-voice idiom.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by Kawai James @ Today at 08:29 PM

Jtreimer, I'm sure it's just a cable or configuration issue, and eventually everything will click into place and you'll be up and running. Slightly off-topic, but I recently received this wireless bluetooth MIDI connector: http://www.quicco.co.jp/a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Bob @ Today at 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Gadzar Why do they want all the pianos to be tuned the same week? This is a large, nationwide church and these are Christmas tunings that should be done between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The bid winner has other contracts
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by bkw58 @ Today at 08:28 PM

Minnesota Marty Marty was a widely-traveled performing classical pianist and was engaged in a large amount of master class teaching as well. In latter years he cut back on these activities and most of his performances were largely limited to Eastern
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Janko keyboard video by Michael Sayers @ Today at 08:28 PM

This is the first time I've seen a video of one being played. It looks like there might be a shortage of surface contact area for the fingers . . . maybe that some things would prove to be physically incongruous, but it is interesting to see.
Hi Paul - I sanded the pressure bar with a palm sander, starting with 220 grit, and working my way up through 9 grits to 2500 - then coated it with shellac. For stripper we ordinarily use a brand called Jasco, sold by Lowes. For the soundboard we
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared piano by Michael Sayers @ Today at 08:23 PM

They did quite a good job with it, I'm impressed.
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by Kawai James @ Today at 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MatoI think I will have to try the MP7 and the RD-800 out it person (hopefully somewhere in London) and also try lifting them as well! I'd give Rose Morris in Denmark Street a call - they list the MP7 and RD-800 (among other m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by Michael Sayers @ Today at 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesOriginally Posted By: Michael Sayers If that is true then you should be practicing right now. As of this week I have acquired one of the horrendous Swedish cold variants so I have an excuse for time off. I would,
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by anotherscott @ Today at 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesThank you for your detailed feedback Scott - lots to consider there. Thanks. And one small followup... I mentioned being able to assign CC on a setup-by-setup basis instead of as a system function, so that different s
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by Kawai James @ Today at 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottI'm sure there must have been a shorter way to say all this... ;-) True, but when written down, even the simplest operations have a habit of sounding more complicated than they really are. With regards to the MP7 S
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Bob @ Today at 08:11 PM

Sometimes winning a bid is actually losing. The winner is usually the client, in terms of cost savings. In terms of quality of service, no one wins. When you have to "tune" 16 pianos per day to make a living wage.....something is not ri
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared piano by S. Phillips @ Today at 08:08 PM

Philip, This is a recurring issue especially at universities where the composers are looking for interesting things to do with instruments. ANY hands on strings will compromise them, especially bass strings. The oil from your hands ruins strings
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by alfredo capurso @ Today at 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: EmmeryIan, I am sure vitality is a worthwile endeavor to rectify on a piano, expecially if it dreadfully lacks it...I think however, the approach of tweaking unisons is 2/3 hearted, leaving the single strings untouched....do we
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by KurtZ @ Today at 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXAbout a month ago I looked into a supplemental book to go along side my Faber lesson series, and I found "The Festival Collection Book 1" by Helen Marlais. What I really like about this book is that all pieces
Chuck, I saw your new stringing pics on FB, and it looks clean and professional. Very nice and neat coils! And that pressure bar looks brand new. I assume you wire whisked it, and then used a buffing wheel, right? But backing up a bit: What bra
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by David Jenson @ Today at 07:55 PM

Years ago I had a school district contact me wanting a bid on tuning and repairing the pianos. I ignored them for several years, then finally sent them a letter with a bid based on the actual cost of things that go wrong with school pianos, custodian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers If that is true then you should be practicing right now. As of this week I have acquired one of the horrendous Swedish cold variants so I have an excuse for time off. I would, but my piano has conjunctivitis.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by BrianDX @ Today at 07:52 PM

About a month ago I looked into a supplemental book to go along side my Faber lesson series, and I found "The Festival Collection Book 1" by Helen Marlais. The book is divided into four sections, each one a different musical period. The S
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7: Damper controller - bug or feature? by Kawai James @ Today at 07:49 PM

Okay, that's good to hear, thank you for your response. I do not know when the next public software update is scheduled for release, however I'll post an announcement on PW and the MP facebook page when it happens. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by KurtZ @ Today at 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXDude, if it would help my playing I'd put a statue of Kyle and Cartman on my piano! Funny! My piano has a paper light saber model on it but even that encomium to the force doesn't help. More seriously, where did
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp7 advice / help by Kawai James @ Today at 07:42 PM

Hmm...I don't recall that boot-up check being written in the owner's manual... Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tired and groggy by Michael Sayers @ Today at 07:41 PM

I hope you don't mind me revisiting this. There may be some wise counsel here, anyhow one doesn't look directly into the blue light source while practicing piano (unlike with a computer screen where one does look directly at the source). I have bee
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS by BDB @ Today at 07:38 PM

It is not necessary to recover the hammers. You can just shave standard width ones, which may have been what was done originally. I do not think anyone does recovering in the US any longer.
Page 3 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 100 101 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is this a real Steinway?
by chernobieff
10/21/14 11:51 PM
DGX-650 TOPIC
by Jtreimer
10/21/14 11:24 PM
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
10/21/14 08:28 PM
RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS
by Steinway K
10/21/14 07:31 PM
Help with forum for Musette in D Major...
by ieatglitter14
10/21/14 05:27 PM
Who's Online
127 registered (accordeur, ando, anamnesis, 36251, A Guy, 33 invisible), 1334 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158405 Topics
2326232 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission