Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My digital piano choices by pwl @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: StarboardMaybe worth noting, too--since you say you really like Kawai's RH2 action and are willing to go a bit over $1700 for something you really like--Kawai's CN24's street price is $1799, and you could probably get it for not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1981 SCHIMMEL GRAND by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

The Schimmel 174 was a solid piano. It is under 6', but had good tonal potential. I suggest you have the piano examined by an independent technician. Condition will determine if this is a fair deal for you or not. Cheers,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

Say it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceDDon't want to alarm you, and this was a case with an international border crossing, but .... Keyboard Carriage does know how to handle pianos for shipment but, as Rich said, they deliver only from dealer to dealer (with a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffreyjonesFirst thing I thought of was an extremely dissonant run in the Tarantella, but it's not really that strange.. just violent and jarring. You mean the 'scale' part that's sort of (I think) in F-flat major (although wit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1981 SCHIMMEL GRAND by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

A 6'3" is a great size piano for the home. I personally like Schimmels. If you love the sound, and feel, and the price is right for you then thats your piano.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski Improvisation by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: KreislerIt's mostly off the top of my head, but I do practice the improv section every day. I sit down and pick a few motives from elsewhere in the piece to play around with for 15-20 minutes. Mark_C - here's a box.com link: h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by jeffreyjones @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

First thing I thought of was an extremely dissonant run in the Tarantella, but it's not really that strange.. just violent and jarring. Development section of the Third Sonata, first movement would have to be my real pick. It is all over the place.
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski Improvisation by Brendan @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Awesome! It's very sophisticated and has a great range of ideas and styles. I love how you quote a little bit of everything. It gives me some ideas for my next performance of it (also in October). Which variation group are you playing? I don't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Shimmel grand vs vintage (1930's) rebuilt Steinway O by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

I have played on a 7'Schimmel grand that was a couple of years old and was only $28k. And it was magnificent! The store had several, but one stood out from the rest in tone quality and touch. It never hurts to just play on different pianos until you
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles. by Jon Page @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Use which ever one regulates properly. Replacing what was there originally is not always the wise choice.
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski Improvisation by Kreisler @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

It's mostly off the top of my head, but I do practice the improv section every day. I sit down and pick a few motives from elsewhere in the piece to play around with for 15-20 minutes. Mark_C - here's a box.com link: https://app.box.com/s/6jmjix2lp
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone know Chappell? by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

A company started by Samuel Chappell and Johann Baptiste Cramer the famous pianist/composer. They were famous for their Yacht piano. http://antiquepianoemporium.com/chappell-co/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Chris, Are you carrying Fridolin pianos? Do you have the answers to the questions asked in this thread?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, check out this baby! by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

In Tucson, AZ, Petrofs are most certainly rare!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No more free consultation? by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Hello EZPiano - A percentage of people contacting me for lessons are impulse callers - maybe 25%. Perhaps there is a geographic-sociological difference involved here as well: NYC is a megalopolis with everyone in the world coming and going (litera
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

New pictures of the Schimmel-Nelson piano factory! http://antiquepianoemporium.com/schimmel-nelson-2/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Az. to NY. I'd be worried more about the mortgage than the cost of the piano move.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, check out this baby! by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyI'm curious. Is there something special about an ad for a fine piano? Petrofs aren't exactly rare. I, too, wonder what the apparent excitement is all about. Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski Improvisation by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

It's lovely! Did you just sit down and do the improvisation off the top of your head or is it something you had prepared and practiced? It is wonderfully structured and full of invention. I'll be there on the 5th!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

The actions are the same Erard/Herz actions for the last Hundred Twenty years and were perfected back then. And when some rebuilders change from that, their clients get their modern pianos changed into fortepianos from too light of hammers and carpal
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski Improvisation by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

(My browser not compatible with soundcloud!!)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by dpaws @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

My neck of the woods too. The AT goes near a glacial lake called Sunfish Pond about 6 or 7 miles north of the Delaware Water Gap. I used to hike up there in my college days and camp out by that pond. It's a really nice spot. Anyway, thanks for p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning my piano. by Markarian @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

Microfiber cloths are your friends. My tech and dealer recommend ammonia-free glass cleaner, like Sprayway, to clean off any gunk or finger prints. Always spray the cloth lightly and not the piano!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelW....I don't see how you can rate that over some of the other nasty runs in the piece. Well I didn't either. It's something about the weirdness (to me) of the counterpoint that's going on. The voices seem in conflict. I
Page 3 of 92 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 91 92 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baroque Pitch - The Well-Tempered Clavier
by Badinage
Today at 02:25 AM
Need Leutke Leipzig info
by Gardenergirl
Today at 12:26 AM
Best digital approximation
by TEHunter1
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Wow, check out this baby!
by Paul678
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles.
by OscarL
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Who's Online
75 registered (AZNpiano, AEMontoya, aesop, Badinage, 18 invisible), 761 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76209 Members
42 Forums
157554 Topics
2314207 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission