Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (AlbertoA, Albunea, 36251, Alan F, AdrianR, 31 invisible), 2202 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm just letting people know that I have tried it for a year and have found it convenient and helpful enough to renew for another year. For me it is a good value for the money, and I find that I'm motivated to conti
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Would you buy this used VPC1? by AlbertoA @ Today at 02:34 PM

I'm considering buying this used VPC1 but it's scratched (that's fine) and it's slightly dented around the middle (this is a bit more worrying).
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ideas for Christmas Recitals by AZNpiano @ Today at 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By pianopi With students who have just started i.e one or two weeks or months, I invite them to come and watch the others play so they get an idea of what it is like without having the scariness of performing (... obviously if you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Design by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFive... The patent office makes no effort to filter out obvious patents.... And the law that sets the whole thing up says they're supposed to do exactly that.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By smmcrobertsShe has different types of tutorials. The Beginners' Course (80 some lessons and counting) starts with the very basics and builds step-by-step using Russian piano exercise books. I had gone through the Alfred Adult L
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784 by Stubbie @ Today at 02:17 PM

m.5 LH last beat: C E A C: 2 1 4 1 m.6 F D G G: 3 5 4 1 The 5 4 1 on D G G is a stretch but it felt fine very quickly.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AlbuneaI've watched the first one, which I found very funny...But I agree doing all those exercises must be good to play piano! Then I chose one randomly (emphasizing the melody) and have to say that she has very good communicat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by Lakeviewsteve @ Today at 02:13 PM

A nice iPad works just fine too.... Have you tried recording with an iPad?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by Lakeviewsteve @ Today at 02:11 PM

I agree with your thoughts on this Bruce. This guy has only made one post since joining PW only 24 hours ago......
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Design by phantomFive @ Today at 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By David FarleyThat cat laser patent people are talking about expired in 2007. Whether it should have been issued to begin with is a different question, but maybe it sounded more unique in 1993. It surely was original as far as pa
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By smmcrobertsFrom what I've seen of hers on Youtube, they are just overviews or introductions. I don't see any of the actual lessons from the beginner's course or scale course on Youtube. OK, but the problem is that I would never
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By keystring In what I saw on-line (the freely available things), if someone already had a fair background in music and piano, then it would be a refresher with new insights. Is the actual material within the course itself differen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing Positions / Moving Hand by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:59 PM

Just like you can work the pedals and gear shift on your car without looking, you can learn to do ever-longer leaps on the piano without looking. It just takes time and practice. A lot of time and practice. So much that even some concert level pl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by LXXXVIIIdentes @ Today at 01:55 PM

Thanks, John. You tell me what I suspected. It is puzzling to find all of the info for GoPro, I have discovered, and I don't understand all the technical info. The company naturally concentrates on the video possibilities, and even that can be har
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by pianojazz @ Today at 01:54 PM

Guess I have a little different take on this... Playing piano by ear or by reading is the same as speaking off-the-cuff or reading aloud from a printed page. Except your fingers take the place of your breath, larynx, tongue, teeth and lips. The inter
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Weird. I would say it is to hold the front lid partially open. Just a different flavor from short stick lifting the whole lid. Plus, during that era short sticks were not common -- usually just a long stick for fully opening the lid.
Jump to new posts Re: Loosening newly installed strings and pins by kpembrook @ Today at 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By BobLoosening the tuning pins enough to replace the understring felt (it's more than 1/4 turn) will take a few years off the life of the pins, as they will be slightly looser in the block than they would have been. You should
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784 by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 01:38 PM

My inclination, starting last beat of LH, fifth measure, is 2141 [open hand]. Then, beginning of sixth measure, 352 [jump] 1. Do you detach the LH A octave at the very beginning of the piece?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing Positions / Moving Hand by drewr @ Today at 01:30 PM

Hello Tom in Cinci, In my brief 30-month experience as a late adult beginner, there has been an ongoing sequence of learning IE. realizing additional aspects of my piano learning potential that I have come to terms with as far as practical expectati
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Por Una Cabeza - my piano interpretation by kasandra_roxana5 @ Today at 01:26 PM

Tango Por Una Cabeza - my piano interpretation Please listen and comment - what you think. Greetings:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O8ORsxW71I
Piano Teachers Forum
From what I've seen of hers on Youtube, they are just overviews or introductions. I don't see any of the actual lessons from the beginner's course or scale course on Youtube.
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 01:09 PM

You should try it.
Jump to new posts Re: What technique do you use to move pin small increments? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 01:09 PM

The discussion is about the forces and deformation. It's not a technique. Tap if you want, you're still breaking the tension band and the pin is unbending/untwisting. As for less breakage with tapping, I use both and have noticed no difference. It'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by prout @ Today at 01:04 PM

I love pomodoro. The key is to not let the sauce boil. If you do, it kills the natural sugars and you end up with a more acidic result. Time is of the essence here. Lot's of time.
Check out the pic. Very curious... Maybe for a lady singer to hang her hat? Dan the Piano Man better pic here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2592844
Page 3 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 5 62 63 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to structure an improvisation?
by hyena
3 minutes 0 seconds ago
PopJazzOnline Anyone ?
by dmd
44 minutes 46 seconds ago
Digital "Grands"
by Major Major
Today at 05:06 PM
Practise with Goals
by Tubbie0075
Today at 04:11 PM
Would you buy this used VPC1?
by AlbertoA
Today at 02:34 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,806 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,851 Topics
2,576,893 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission