Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (accordeur, ando, anamnesis, 42 invisible), 1559 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by emenelton @ Today at 05:17 PM

I had the problem. Privia 575(a lot of brands have the same issue), 2nd floor tabletop stand. It sounded like a rubber mallet was being pounded on the floor in the room above you and the continuous arhythmic patterns just sounded weird. If you didn'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have a burglar step on his grand piano? by michaelha @ Today at 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: CarbonblobSwampwiz, Michealha......Yeah, don't want to highjack either. Our AV guy said under no circumstances, use a wi-fi system. Criminals know how to easily jam the frequencies and all you see is snow. He suggests hard wirin
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Friends, I'm new to the forums and relatively new to the piano. I've been writing songs and playing guitar for almost 30 years and have *finally* started piano lessons. I wish I'd done it much earlier, because it's already helping my guitar play
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can reburbishing eliminate mold? by amateur101 @ Today at 05:08 PM

Good idea! Thanks a lot!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by jim ialeggio @ Today at 05:03 PM

OK got that. We are on a similar page with this, and also you seem to agree that the bandwidth of functionality is quite large, given an understanding of the parameters involved. So, lets move on to adjusting tone in relation to the action parameter
Meghan LOL. yeah, I think I'll pass on that for something cheaper
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by Edtek @ Today at 04:59 PM

Second batch: 21 outo: Nice playing, recording and tone. 22. Daren Pavane: Nice playing and tone from the PT VI. 23. Ganddalf - Intermezzo no.2: Really liked your composition Inge, lovely tune, played well too. 24. Ohio_Mark - Adagio in A Major
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by verqueue @ Today at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90Thank you for your comments, verqueue. You've been a revelation. Originally Posted By: verqueueThe counting (not metronome!) isn't about playing the piece in even pace, it's about power over your pulse and tempo. It's ea
[meanwhile]...back at the topic: Yes, in general, I do lighten the hammers--primarily for reasons of performance. If a piano is not repeating in any given section of the piano, in a way that pianists require--when the action is setup and regulated p
I'm probably not in the demographic they are aiming to market to, but here's what I would want: - USB rather than MIDI, if have to choose one or the other - display, yes! - a dial or keypad to adjust settings, so it wouldn't be necessary to carry a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by Bosendorff @ Today at 04:44 PM

Some people here bought sight unseen and are quite happy with their purchase. It's certainly not ideal, but can sometimes be the best choice in certain situations. PFH, given the fact that your local dealer agrees (make him write it on the purchase
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by bellspiano @ Today at 04:40 PM

I took a class at a PTG National with Ann Garee, the person leading the FSU program, and a graduate-student assistant. Boy, were they both knowledgeable and great teachers. That was one of my best PTG classes, showing me clearly how much more there w
"Cost only penis" is a very high price indeed! lol
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by MeghanM @ Today at 04:38 PM

I haven't dealt with this sort of problem, so take what I suggest with a grain of salt. At $100, that Roland Noise Eater Pad looks like a ripoff. Maybe worth trying if it were 1/4 of that price, but not at $100. Do you at least have a rug under the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ Today at 04:38 PM

Thank you for your comments, verqueue. You've been a revelation. Originally Posted By: verqueueThe counting (not metronome!) isn't about playing the piece in even pace, it's about power over your pulse and tempo. It's easier to make agogical change
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by stumbler @ Today at 04:38 PM

06. RedKat, Melody Op.47 n.3: This piece was one of my favourites in the Grieg recital. Nice subtle dynamics. You have this totally under your control. 16. Riddler (Ed), Warsaw Concerto: Wow, a show stopper. I didn't know the background to this
Jump to new posts Are there usually dp sales in holiday in the US by linghu224 @ Today at 04:37 PM

I am interested in buying a dp, just want to know are there usually sales in the US? If so, usually what time and at what percentage? Thanks a lot
Originally Posted By: rysowersHi Prout, I checked McGill's website and the only thing I saw was that the Schulich School of Music offers something called "Music Technology" but I couldn't find any information about a graduate program in pi
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by bellspiano @ Today at 04:37 PM

Hi, Ryan and all -- The McGill program looks like an engineering/science based program on music in general, not piano design or service. The Royal Conservatory p.t. group in Toronto may offer p.t. training but seems pretty focused on maintaining the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by stumbler @ Today at 04:37 PM

Oops, I missed one of the fives. 55. Mar_red, Adagio in G minor: This is a beautiful piece. Your interpretation works well, giving it a stately grace.
Pianist Corner
I don't have much to add to what you say, but, since I see that there are over 100 views but no replies yet, I figured I'd at least do this to help keep the thread warm. Your post is too good to just get hidden. And, BTW.... Originally Posted By: b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by stumbler @ Today at 04:35 PM

inlanding, thank you for the compliment. Perhaps I'll revisit this in future when I have a bit more skill.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by zrtf90 @ Today at 04:33 PM

For it to be a story, for me, there must be change. Baroque pieces represent a single state; they don't travel. The classical sonata has movement, the contrast between the first and second subjects in their different keys in the exposition, the dram
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by verqueue @ Today at 04:31 PM

I would like to thank you for so many nice comments. Thank you, outo, earlofmar, Anne H, AZ_Astro, Giancarlo Robles, SwissMS, Riddler, peterws, Andy Platt, stumbler, Inlanding and zrtf90 (in different topic). I hope I didn't forget anyone in my &quo
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV-1 by DaveBB @ Today at 04:29 PM

A couple of years back I owned a 73 key Korg SV-1 for about 6 months, and sold it at a $700 loss. It had the 'newer' RH3 keybed. Why did it get rid of it ? Loved the look and sounds of the keyboard..... and the various effects that could quickly b
Page 3 of 116 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fair Price for Roland HP-508
by MarkF786
11/22/14 07:54 PM
Yamaha P22 tuning instability
by beethoven986
11/22/14 07:25 PM
Intro and a question re: Elton's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"
by OnlyLivingBoy
11/22/14 05:09 PM
Are there usually dp sales in holiday in the US
by linghu224
11/22/14 04:37 PM
Intro and a question re: Elton's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"
by OnlyLivingBoy
11/22/14 03:33 PM
Forum Stats
77008 Members
42 Forums
159271 Topics
2339742 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission