Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (Albunea, accordeur, 36251, anotherscott, ando, 28 invisible), 1605 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Rattly key on my casio by bill5 @ Today at 12:54 PM

On the ones I tried at least, I noticed the Yamahas are a bit noisy too. Not as bad as Casios though.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Debargue by da96103 @ Today at 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingI'd rather not debate or argue about Debargue. Not possible. Debargue can't failed to be debated or argued about. (even after the competition.) [It is already written in his name]
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Debargue by da96103 @ Today at 12:39 PM

Debargue mentioned in an interview during the intermission of Gala II with the emcees, that he was happy to get to know the other pianists in the competition because sometimes when he is living in Paris, he felt lonely. As I was thinking, wait a min
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by outo @ Today at 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By Moonsh1neOriginally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By sinophiliaWow, that would be great. Count me in, even if it will probably have to be Bach. I hope not...I don't think there are that many who would like an all Bach recita
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For Shigeru Kawai SK7 lover(photo album) by Rich Galassini @ Today at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By Markarian I love that new piano smell. Mine has dissipated, for the most part, but when I got it I wished I could bottle it and huff it. What a great idea! Bottled new piano smell. A thin solution that contains water, a bit
Adult Beginners Forum
I've learned a great deal from this forum. Thank you all. I'll give it all a try. I'll let you know of my progress (if any).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by casinitaly @ Today at 12:34 PM

I think if it is open we have a better chance of hearing pieces that are less known, (could be interesting) and possibly giving more opportunities to those with less experience.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ Today at 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkPeter Donohoe has written an extensive post on the whole matter, which is most relevant for the discussion here. Do read it. http://slippedisc.com/2015/07/tchaikovsky-backlash-a-judge-explains/ Thanks fnork. Very informat
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For Shigeru Kawai SK7 lover(photo album) by Markarian @ Today at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By Robert 45Wow! You can almost smell the newness of that piano. Compared to the earliest Shigeru Kawai pianos of 1999-2000, the company has certainly improved the finish and appearance of these instruments. The brass fittings are i
Pianist Corner
He has an adversary?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by Moonsh1ne @ Today at 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By sinophiliaWow, that would be great. Count me in, even if it will probably have to be Bach. I hope not...I don't think there are that many who would like an all Bach recital... Why not? Bach was basic
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ Today at 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By newport[ Only that depends on who's in the audience, even the name of the nationality can be subject to change (e.g., 'Taiwan' v.s. 'China Taipei' :-)! I noticed that too because I was following Mr Tseng's performances. (Silver
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by outo @ Today at 12:12 PM

In fact could we please not make it all Bach? It was hard enough to do the Schumann... There's only one Bach piece on my to do list and I hope to postpone it a few more years
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N1 - Humming noise by Cnd @ Today at 12:09 PM

Sorry to bring this old thread back, but for anyone who has the same humming noise, I just had mine fixed on my AvantGrand N2. It never bothered me that much, but since my piano is soon going to be out of warranty, I figured I'd have it fixed. Accor
Pianist Corner
After all these years Donohoe still thinks he should have won. What a pain? If I were there, I would have walked out, the moment Gergiev walked in. Anything else he says is just too much bla bla.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Care to give some feedback? by Arizona Sage @ Today at 12:00 PM

Very symphonic. The playing is superb and I like the reverb on the piano, but it felt slightly "removed" from the rest of the mix because that same reverb wasn't applied to the rest of the mix. Nice job overall!
Jump to new posts Those with Roland KSC-44 stands (for FP4, FP7, etc) by DeadPoets @ Today at 11:45 AM

With the keyboard in the stand what is the height from the ground to the top of the white keys? Would be greatly appreciated.
Jump to new posts Re: Sound problems with Kawai CA97 by Gouldmember @ Today at 11:45 AM

it's a small room with lots of reflecting surfaces. Next I'll try to move it into another room. But since yesterday I am confident that with the right settings it'll work fine eventually. "Mellow 2" is a setting in the virtual technician
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggiated chords by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By AprilEThat's what I thought must be the case. Is there a name for the vertical wavy line (the symbol itself, I mean)? Is one supposed to intuitively know whether to play the chord from the bottom up or the top down? I appreciate
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NYT article about overcoming stage fright by Nikki_85 @ Today at 11:21 AM

Thank you Sand Tiger. You made several very strong points that I do agree with. This piece was definitely at the edge of my ability. Which knowing what I know now is not a good choice for developing my ability to perform for a large audience. Also
Adult Beginners Forum
Ladysarahii Yes each new piece brings a new challenge. Part of the learning process. A 20 month old can be very distracting. You will get Beautiful Brown Eyes. Hang in there!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by dynamobt @ Today at 11:09 AM

Sounds great!! I love the period so much, that I'm usually working on a Baroque piece regularly. Spring sounds good too. I hate that I will be missing some Quarterly Recitals because of my shoulder. A spring themed recital would give me a goal.
Pianist Corner
Just on face value, and not knowing the man from Adam, what I think is that making outside judgements of a legal matter, let alone based on some YouTube videos, is a fool's game and this is why we have courts. And in my very humble opinion, perhaps t
Pianist Corner
Thx Carey! Yes I will definitely be keeping the Walter.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by WiseBuff @ Today at 10:58 AM

My AOTW (in addition to making it home) was to relax and enjoy playing at the EPP. I felt good about my music. SwissMS and GMajor did such an amazing job of setting up the event and both Mr. WiseBuff and I loved the few days we had with everyone. R
Page 3 of 94 < 1 2 3 4 5 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
lacquer for sharps
by Olek
14 minutes 23 seconds ago
Classical improvisation in real time
by bennevis
47 minutes 9 seconds ago
Bought a new piano
by Byrotte
Today at 03:04 PM
pedal issue on yamaha p115
by franciobr
Today at 01:49 PM
Relative beginner taking Jazz lessons needs advise
by Gumbysgroove
Today at 12:58 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,908 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,364 Topics
2,424,854 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission