Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
163 registered (alfredo capurso, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, ajames, Amir, 38 invisible), 1588 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOver time you will grow accustomed to the action feel and sound (if it's still audible). Going from a CP300 will definitely take some adjusting and at first it will be more demanding for you to play on, but this will be
Piano Teachers Forum
Thanks. It seems I had the right idea. I will tell my grandma to look at the Petzel minuets. They sound probably easiest to me. We'll see what comes of it ...
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsI tried one o` those last time I was in the piano shop. It was really good; dare I say, a mite better than my DGX . . But the bass was a tad quiet, as though you were listening to it from the privelidged front seats, ins
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by 8 Octaves @ Today at 01:07 PM

I will ask for you. Hi Rachel, could you give us an update on where you're at on your new 2nd ed. book 1 videos?
Pianist Corner
http://www.landmarktheatres.com/minneapolis/film-info/seymour-an-introduction Looks like its coming soon to your area but no exact dates. I know its currently showing in Seattle.
Pianist Corner
The movement is Presto up until bar 40. Then it is Molto allegro e vivace, which is slower than Presto. Molto allegro of course taken to mean very fast, but still slower than Presto, and vivace is not so much a speed but a feeling, a character.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help on repeats and double bars... by Dru Morgan @ Today at 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By scorpioOriginally Posted By Dru MorganSame question for Marine's Hymn on p.115 I see two lines (four bars each) and the dotted part is at the end of the first line. Just playing by ear, I feel that I should play (line 1, line 2
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #3 by Markarian @ Today at 01:01 PM

So what is it, Sam? Just wondering if my guess was correct.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By iLawNo discussion, or even a mention, of the WNG action. He wrote the article six years ago, back in 2009. When did M&H start using the composite action? Larry. M&H registered the WNG trademark in 2004. I don't kno
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help on repeats and double bars... by scorpio @ Today at 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By Dru MorganSame question for Marine's Hymn on p.115 I see two lines (four bars each) and the dotted part is at the end of the first line. Just playing by ear, I feel that I should play (line 1, line 2, line 1) Is that right for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by R_B @ Today at 12:48 PM

Actually it COULD "hurt to ask" Once upon a very long time ago, when computers took up gymnasium sized air conditioned rooms, I was often in the position of being ASKED how long it was going to take to fix. I always WANTED to reply "S
Piano Forum
No discussion, or even a mention, of the WNG action. He wrote the article six years ago, back in 2009. When did M&H start using the composite action? Larry.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Obsession by Perri Knize by Stubbie @ Today at 12:39 PM

A few weeks ago, somebody here pointed out Amazon had it one its deal a day (or whatever it's called) for Kindle. I bought it and read it. It was a good read.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by Stubbie @ Today at 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By PhilipInChinaI do find Chocolate helps. That much is certain. I haven't felt "it all goes wrong." I think my practice is more like a normal curve: sometimes this end, sometimes that end,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help on repeats and double bars... by Dru Morgan @ Today at 12:31 PM

Same question for Marine's Hymn on p.115 I see two lines (four bars each) and the dotted part is at the end of the first line. Just playing by ear, I feel that I should play (line 1, line 2, line 1) Is that right for the "repeat" notation
Piano Forum
Reading the article should help clarify his identity! Robert.
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Bellicapelli @ Today at 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By Bellicapelli BMW recently stated 99.9% of its customers didn’t realize where the traction is located on their BMWs. You know, RWD is complicated and costly to produce, and shortly after, boom: you have
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by wimpiano @ Today at 12:15 PM

Good to have you back Ron!
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by ADWyatt @ Today at 12:13 PM

David, I very much appreciate the time you took to give us a serious analysis of Pianoteq on the new CA97. From your input, it certainly looks like these two make a great combination for live play. But if I may, I'd like to ask you another question o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by sinophilia @ Today at 12:12 PM

Thank you Cathy, how nice of you to say that! Anita, I think it's a very good exercise, to keep the music always in front of you and try not to look at your hands too much. I guess I unconsciously memorised much of this piece, anyway, but I couldn'
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By J Joe TownleyOriginally Posted By joe80Hakki I see what you're saying re Mendelssohn and Grieg - I kind of feel the same way about the Mendelssohn although it has some very beautiful things in it. The Grieg, well, I think it's on
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Bellicapelli @ Today at 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicAre you saying that Philip's Garritan performances remained unconvincing for that fussy 0.02% (or whatever it was deemed to be) only because the sound and production were too good? No, or yes. I guess it depends on ho
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression by 8 Octaves @ Today at 12:09 PM

The action noise of an acoustic piano is quite loud. If you ever ask a piano technician to mute all 3 strings on a note, the sound as the hammer hits the string is surprisingly loud. When you mute any strings under the capo bar, the sound of the ha
Adult Beginners Forum
I am glad to hear that your health is improving and you are playing piano again! Welcome back!
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by ando @ Today at 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By Bellicapelli BMW recently stated 99.9% of its customers didn’t realize where the traction is located on their BMWs. You know, RWD is complicated and costly to produce, and shortly after, boom: you have the first Fwd BMWs coming
Page 3 of 102 < 1 2 3 4 5 101 102 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Folk arrangements
by Yacob
03/27/15 03:56 PM
Steinway K-52 (VS) K-132
by johnmacdonald
03/27/15 03:13 PM
MAGNIFICENT MOZART - 03/29/15 - Freedom, NH
by Piano World
03/27/15 02:06 PM
New piano hunt - daunted! (UK)
by Narj
03/27/15 10:31 AM
Hungarian Rhapsody No. 12 as played by Liszt
by Michael Sayers
03/27/15 10:12 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,670 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,754 Topics
2,389,068 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission