Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
77 registered (36251, anamnesis, AndrewJCW, accordeur, Albert Brighten, 16 invisible), 1376 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about time signatures by Qazsedcft @ Today at 04:23 PM

@Ralph: The second choice is the most natural. But don't overthink it. Just feel it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many of you own both digitals and acoustics? by ShiroKuro @ Today at 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By Radio.OctaveI've always wanted to just play something and have it auto converted to sheet music (somewhat accurately, of course). me too, but from what I understand the technology is no where near ready?? Re the OP: my first p
Pianist Corner
As far as my own works are concerned if I dare put my own fingering in, you'd kill yourself (or me). I can reach an 11th with rather ease, along with notes between, which means that I have quite large hands (and some of my works show that quite evide
Pianist Corner
I prefer fingered editions. And I have no idealistic preference for Urtext, unlike some people here (I've often enough disregarded my own detailed markings on my own compositions, when playing them - following in the hallowed footsteps of Sergei Vasi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Transitioning to digital by Pianoperformance @ Today at 04:15 PM

Hey K361...have you had a chance to test drive either the cs11 or lx17? I went today, the owner was great, very generous with his time, I am leaning into one, but would love your feedback...especially given your classical piano background. Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about time signatures by Charles Cohen @ Today at 04:11 PM

9/8 is _usually_ (in European classical music) broken down into three triplets: ONE two three FOUR five six SEVEN eight nine ( = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ). But there are other possibilities, and they show up from time to time (no pun intended), especial
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much should you know about your piano? by ShiroKuro @ Today at 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By David FarleyI was reminded at how prevalent the idea of leaving the insides of the piano a mystery can persist when a friend of mine of about the same age visited recently. I wanted to take the fallboard off so he could take a lo
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Keith D KermanIn standard repertoire, I would almost always prefer an edition with little or no fingering. Can you explain a little more why you feel this way?
Pianist Corner
I think it depends on the level of the pianist and difficulty of the piece. IMHO the overwhelming majority of pianists are greatly helped and can save a lot of time with a well fingered edition. Extremely advanced pianists may not need or have to use
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Update from Beacon Chris by ShiroKuro @ Today at 04:01 PM

Wow, Rick , I didn't know that happened to you! I'm so sorry to hear about it! And yet you are as friendly and positive and wonderful as ever. That's a sign of true character and grace!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by Qazsedcft @ Today at 03:57 PM

I like to also check on henle.de, which has a much steeper grading. In that rating Brahms Op. 79/2 is only 5.5 out of 9. Grade 9 is the really top level stuff like the Hammerklavier sonata.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What would you say to a colored Piano harp plate? by pianoloverus @ Today at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDWhat would I say to a colored Piano harp plate? Well ... "You're a little off colour, aren't you?" Cheers HAHAHA
Piano Forum
What would I say to a colored Piano harp plate? Well ... "You're a little off colour, aren't you?" Cheers
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Publishing Unfingered Scores Just Lazy or Cowardly? by Keith D Kerman @ Today at 03:34 PM

In standard repertoire, I would almost always prefer an edition with little or no fingering.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I mentioned Scrubbing Bubles earlier, just because someone reported good success ith them. But I've never used anything like that myself, and like others, w9uld be very wary of any household cleaner like that around tuning pins and string coils. I u
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: EBVT for Concerts, Revisited by Herr Weiss @ Today at 03:25 PM

Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Public pianos by peterws @ Today at 03:13 PM

That Roland didnt look too impressive with a big guy at the helm. ..and the music d be too low for him to read!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Toccata 914 adagio by BDB @ Today at 03:09 PM

Bring your piano here, and I will tune it for free.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Please show me how to play this song!! by MrSnrub @ Today at 03:09 PM

i'll paypal $20 to anyone who can transcribe the whole song.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The inevitable Realisation by peterws @ Today at 03:06 PM

Good word, grind. I hear a wonderful melody. So I acquire the music. And then realise its beyond my ability. ..way way beyond! But maybe not the first bit. . So I keep going anyway, like an idiot. And then I record, and make you lot suffer! Hav
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Toccata 914 adagio by dogperson @ Today at 03:02 PM

The members here are willing to take their time to listen to your recordings and offer advice-- but that feedback will go away quickly if you continue with the sarcastic replies. - Having a drink visible on the piano will be unpleasing to all of u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional One Month to Recital thread by peterws @ Today at 02:56 PM

I got one finally recorded that I thought Id be able to submit to the recital before last. . .of all the music I done here, itll probably be the only one Ill manage to keep! Not good is it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By f3rHoly cow! Kenan, you're already doing that stuff?! It's quite the challenge but considering how much I've improved the last month on everything like scales, sight reading, colors, and pedal it will be much easier than even tw
Pianist Corner
Nothing irks me more than unfingered scores. Yes, I can generate fingerings from scratch. It drains me. In fact, I can think of every cockamamie way to do anything that may or may not work up to tempo. So, I like a little guidance (even if I end up c
Sam - check you private messages please.
Page 3 of 64 < 1 2 3 4 5 63 64 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I am getting older, all my pianos are sounding brighter???
by Blues beater
07/30/16 06:29 PM
Kawai MP11 - some keys sticking out a little
by Nickeldome
07/30/16 05:39 PM
Is Publishing Unfingered Scores Just Lazy or Cowardly?
by WhoDwaldi
07/30/16 02:49 PM
Debussy- Cortot Edition
by dogperson
07/30/16 12:16 PM
Recording myself.
by Jack Gately
07/30/16 10:14 AM
Forum Stats
84,468 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,230 Topics
2,544,203 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission