Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS by SMHaley @ Today at 04:32 PM

I'll third it. I've enjoyed working with Ronsen Hammers. I have another project coming down the pike for new hammers on a Korean made instrument with hard hot pressed hammers. I'm more than a little anxious to see what effect the change will make
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by dynamobt @ Today at 04:30 PM

Do we know yet what format the pieces need to be to submit come March? mp3 posted on a website like box or soundcloud, YouTube, or through the ABF quarterly recital software?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by JimF @ Today at 04:30 PM

Last night I was playing around with the changes to Here's That Rainy Day from a fakebook after listening to a recording of this guy earlier on the way home.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ Today at 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: chasingrainbowsOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: chasingrainbowsThat's the way the technician demonstrated. what other way is there pianoloverus? I and my tech think that o
Piano Forum
Rick, thank you for the response! Sally is indeed a real trooper! Kudos. Bless people such as her! I personally just found out about this (yes I'm a hermit) so I have to say this was rather shocking to me when I read some of the articles on the web.
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ Today at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Larry BuckChasingrainbows, Marc W is the "tuner" in Perry's book and one of the inspirations for Perry to write it. At least that is my understanding. Perry, please correct me if I am mistaken. Marc W was the techn
Jump to new posts Re: The Shout!House by OperaTenor @ Today at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearHappiness is a freshly tuned piano, held together with duct tape and glue. (God, I miss Marty already.) Baling wire is important, also, as it can be used for a center pin. Duct tape and baling wire are the meaning
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Morodiene @ Today at 04:27 PM

Welcome, Doritos Flavoured!
Jump to new posts Re: The Shout!House by OperaTenor @ Today at 04:25 PM

Eric, they have two other clubs across the country; one in Glendale, AZ, and the other in Minneapolis. At these clubs, when the old K&C's gave out, they did gut them and put in digitals. They then found out the digitals are no more cost-effective
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a real Steinway? by SMHaley @ Today at 04:24 PM

I have also heard and experienced a few AB Chase grands that were less than stellar. One technician opined to me that a Chase grand was a couple clicks below a Cable grand.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping swing feel in very fast tempo by Nahum @ Today at 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rintincopDo let the bass "horse" be ahead of you. Keeping up with the bass "horse" is the mistake rushers make. Allow the horse to run in front of the carriage. Of course! The worst thing - to reach the fini
Jump to new posts Re: Is A443 banned definitively? by Herr Weiss @ Today at 04:22 PM

He will return as a 'louder' and 'sharper' A454.7 Hz. HW
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1, Kontakt 5 and Galaxy Vintage D by Alexander Borro @ Today at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic - I was just being mischievous...I say "back to mono!!"...you're probably too young to know that audiophiles of the time complained bitterly about the introduction of stereo. Total madness. I've still got
Originally Posted By: Alexander BorroOriginally Posted By: de cajonI do find that the headphones make a surprising amount of difference. The ones that came with my Yamaha piano (HPH-200P) are great. Some good quality Sony ones I also have (MDR-7506)
The casio CDP series is lower than the privia px x50 series. However that means you should probably see if you like something like a yamaha p155 or try to see if you can find a kawai es100 anywhere in stock. For action's sake it seems like the VPC1
- I also like the PX-150. It's now my travelling piano (when I travel!). I haven't tried the Roland.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by JimF @ Today at 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By: RagdollI have been studying piano for three weeks and have learned "Happy Birthday" and "Brother John" by memory. I can't read music sheets, don't understand music theory and d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Greener @ Today at 03:57 PM

I just got a recording I will be using. I managed to have the rest of the day off today; I am not sure if it was because of the fight I had with my boss this morning, or because he was being nice to me It is quite an ordeal to get my recordin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Piece Is This? by bennevis @ Today at 03:56 PM

It's Liszt's Bénédiction de Dieu dans la solitude, from his Harmonies poétiques et religieuses.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Piece Is This? by patH @ Today at 03:53 PM

Franz Liszt - Harmonies poétiques et religieuses Score can be found here: http://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks...uses_filter.pdf Smartphones and the Soundhound app really make finding music easier.
Jump to new posts Re: Which brand has the best key action under 1,000 USD? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 03:53 PM

The Yamaha P155 uses "GH" (better than GHS); The P35 and P105 use "GHS" (lighter, less like an acoustic piano. The actions of Casio PX-150 / PX-350 / PX5S are identical. IMHO, they're as good as the Yamaha "GH" action
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SwissMShow many months of lessons do I need before I get really good? do they still count in months? I thought weeks would be the norm by now...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: impossibly possible by bennevis @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesUpdate: It was, sadly, suicide. He jumped to his death from the tenth floor of a hospital in Geneva. It's what I had basically assumed from what I was reading yesterday. He had been in a wheelchair from a jum
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 03:46 PM

hello, folks. Guess I've not introduced myself here (at least in Adult Beginners) Ricardo here, 40 years, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I have a long passion for piano and classical music, but being a shy guy prevented me from following the concert
Piano Forum
I posted a response to your questions in the sticky thread on the pending Gov regulations on old piano ivory. Rick
Page 3 of 105 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 104 105 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Rankings
by phantomFive
13 minutes 17 seconds ago
Casinitaly... No use...
by alfredo capurso
Today at 05:49 PM
What Piece Is This?
by Works1
Today at 03:43 PM
Suites Georg Böhm
by Johan B
Today at 03:40 PM
Which brand has the best key action under 1,000 USD?
by login
Today at 03:18 PM
Who's Online
127 registered (accordeur, 36251, alfredo capurso, 37 invisible), 1267 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76643 Members
42 Forums
158476 Topics
2327355 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission