Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
124 registered (Albert Brighten, Almaviva, ando, Anne'sson, alwatson, 29 invisible), 1889 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
The most popular books with UK teachers preparing adults for Trinity or ABRSM exams are the Faber Accelerated Piano Adventures. Alfred's is okay for self teaching, but need supplementing as they take a left hand chord approach which is not great for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Practice Help by malkin @ Today at 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By USMCGRUNT...that I can practice with while I am at work? ... When I am at work, I focus on work. When I practice, I focus on my practice.
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Dave, you must use a USB to midi cable and connect to your piano via the Midi In socket. Streaming is hopelessly poor by comparison in playback quality – See other write-up replies I've done for Pianoworld. Tell me what your piano music preferen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 23 years old + Teacher? Need some help :) by Rerun @ Today at 08:00 AM

Quote:@f3r hehehe yh me know now smile oh i see. I forgot to ask when she teach me sight reading is she going to teach me all the signs and stuff? im pretty sure i need to pay extra for that? if i remember correctly that is called theory? 0_0 CP,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Qazsedcft @ Today at 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By Rerun I'd tell you to make a list of a few carols you like to play for family and friends at Christmas time BTW, for those who what to play carols for Christmas, right now is about the time you should start if you want to sound
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Lacrimoso Waltz by dogperson @ Today at 07:47 AM

Thank for posting--- really quite lovely, and I do agree that this would be a pleasure to play! Indeed, thanks for composing a work that is intended to be playable rather than just an exercise in composition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by terminaldegree @ Today at 07:45 AM

I am fairly certain that, in order for the piano to have any sort of manufacturer's warranty, you are at least bound to purchasing through the dealer network in your home country. You can still pick one that's a Hamburg model, of course. Institutions
Adult Beginners Forum
The best option is getting a teacher. The second best is probably Alfred's or Faber. See also this thread: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...ite_id/1#import
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Grand Feel key clinic by lophiomys @ Today at 07:40 AM

peterws, I did not criticize Indonesia, nor China. Far from it. Please read again my post. As you state, it is irrelevant, where stuff is made, just the conditions of the factory there are relevant. If the price will rise for good quality, I will b
Jump to new posts Re: HELP! Major problems with my MP11 by Kawai James @ Today at 07:27 AM

Hello mezzopiano, Thank you for the update. I'm glad to read that removing the screen protector reveal a fresh, clean display, and that reloading the firmware seems to have resolved the problem. The issue may well be related to the settings file t
Adult Beginners Forum
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Rerun @ Today at 07:22 AM

Quote:Yes, it was my choice, and she said it was hard. I knew the melodies already, and it seemed popular on the Internet. And, I love Bach. I love his Partitas and the Goldberg Variations. She wants me to find something fun. I don't know what I wa
Adult Beginners Forum
I used to scrutinise this video for coaching tips:
Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By NotaBeneNo, and it doesn't matter, I'm out of this thread, have fun He daren`t say what his piano is!!! Gorden Bennett, Can you Adam and Eve it? Well, this caught my attention, so I had a but
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello, I want to teach myself how to play the piano. When I was a child, I achieved the grade 1 for keyboard, with yamaha, so I know the very basics. I bought the rockschool grade 1 book, but it doesn't seem to be very useful if you want to teach y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli variations! by nhpianos @ Today at 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By wrone of my first experiences of a peculiar otherworldly and sublime state that I now associate with late Beethoven. How Beethoven does it, I don't know Could it have been this spot in var. 14? Tho
Originally Posted By NotaBeneNo, and it doesn't matter, I'm out of this thread, have fun He daren`t say what his piano is!!! Gorden Bennett, Can you Adam and Eve it?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Grand Feel key clinic by peterws @ Today at 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By lophiomysIMO you are not nitpicking here. But why do you think, did Mr. Kawai move the production to Indonesia? How much, could we guess, would Kawai pay to their factory workers in Indonesia? Could we conclude from the producti
Jump to new posts Re: HELP! Major problems with my MP11 by mezzopiano @ Today at 06:39 AM

Thank you everyone for your cool answers! About the scratches thing - my bad! it was indeed the screen protector... (I actually thought it should be it but saw no way to remove it). So now the screen is fresh and clean! many thanks James, thank yo
No, and it doesn't matter, I'm out of this thread, have fun
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ Today at 06:37 AM

BREAKING NEWS! I have readjusted the velocity curve for the SK-EX and EX with MIDI-OX The file below will provide absolute proof that the entire CA CS range of pianos from Kawai is not living up to its sonic potential and not even by a small amount
Adult Beginners Forum
I too am working with the RCM series. I'm not on any time pressure but just enjoying the process. Seems to me that level 6 requires more speed than I have...although I've improved on that. I passed Level 5 well over a year ago and have been studyi
Originally Posted By NotaBeneConcert pianists blah blah, average pianist playing without mucho gusto blah blah, and all the rest of the kind, sorry I leave them to the pianobsession people. I certainly made a mistake - once more... - entering this th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by WiseBuff @ Today at 06:25 AM

Best of luck to you pianofan. Practice daily but let go of stress about it. You know it!!
Originally Posted By toddyNotaBene said: Also the more I play the piano, the less the sound matters in the end, the more the touch is the essential thing. The sound, I can abstract it, the music is more important than the sound, but the touch, I can
Page 3 of 70 < 1 2 3 4 5 69 70 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha NU-1 questions
by CyberGene
09/28/16 09:54 AM
Digital Metronome Recommendations
by cluelesspianist
09/28/16 08:47 AM
What is the best software/books to teach yourself piano?
by Matt101
09/28/16 06:53 AM
RockSchool: What did you choose are your 'choice pieces' ?
by Matt101
09/28/16 04:38 AM
Questions about VAT
by James Guo
09/28/16 12:50 AM
Forum Stats
85,090 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,389 Topics
2,558,762 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission