Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (BobTB, AndrewJCW, AndyP, 16 invisible), 923 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Well, this Yamaha C7 is available in what looks like Happy Valley! It's a player piano so not sure how much use it's gotten, but looks like it was used for recording so you could ask for a sound sample. From the serial number, looks like it's from
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: False beats - some physics and some fiction by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:57 AM

Beemer, I have only found one plain string in my entire career with a step change in the diameter. I believe it was left on the coil from the wire maker and installed in a piano without realizing it. It sounded really weird.
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:54 AM

If piano strings did not produce "repeating oscillations", You would not be able to tune them at all. Inharmonicity only alters the ratios between all the partials an individual periodic wave medium produces.
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesInteresting article IMHO: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/speaking-tonal-languages/ Kees Not very interesting to me. It's just another one of those articles of Reader's Digest quality at best. I started
Piano Forum
Hi Adam, Welcome to the forums! Are you familiar with _The Piano Book_ by Larry Fine, and its semi-annual supplement, _The Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer_? The Buyer can be accessed online, though print copies of it and the Piano Book are availabl
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts No Weapon by cmajornine @ Today at 12:31 AM

Artist: Cmajornine Keyz Song: No Weapon Key: Ab Major Vocal & Piano (Video) https://youtu.be/sZkIR7SWKik Vocal & Piano (Audio) https://app.box.com/s/v61xmce1tqqnkqo0bnkw11kp5ajbvksr Gospel Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZkI
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Are audio interfaces necessary for VST? by AndrewJCW @ Today at 12:24 AM

The main point of an audio interface is the mic preamp to record an audio signal. So if you wanted to record a microphone or an instrument from a line out you would need an audio interface (or be stuck using the 50 cent preamp on your motherboard tha
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by BDB @ Today at 12:21 AM

Or makes it simpler, depending on how you look at it.
Jump to new posts Re: Are audio interfaces necessary for VST? by lamadoo @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Great news! Thank you Elmer. Now i can save a little more money for a better keyboard (shooting for the Kawai VPC at the end of the year) instead of spending it on an audio card
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By DoelKees However to play this particular Persian mode all you have to do is tune E and B 60 cent flat, and F about 20 cent flat. Is that really destructive to the instrument? Kees That would be a matter of opinion just like tu
Jump to new posts Re: Are audio interfaces necessary for VST? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Nice, love a good hand assembled desktop. You might consider a good quality PCI card for audio if you are really hot to push latency down low - but then again you probably have a heavy duty video card on that bus. Your onboard audio is probably fin
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By oldmancoyoteOriginally Posted By pyropaul Your mathematical definition of ET is correct, though, for any instrument where the partials happen to also be harmonics. This is not the case in a pianoThis IS the case in any repeating
Jump to new posts Re: Are audio interfaces necessary for VST? by lamadoo @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

ahhh thank you ElmerJFudd. Its a desktop gaming PC. I am jalso concerned if the audio quality would be more richer and deeper with a dedicated sound card. I am no audiohpile so it would be disappointing if i spent money on an audio interface and cant
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By Mark_CNext: Bach's 371 chorales Here's my opinion: 192 141 68 59 53 69 86 97 212 329 143 1 190 188 250 341 60 126 110 328
Jump to new posts Re: Are audio interfaces necessary for VST? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

No, you mainly need low latency ASIO drivers. A lot of guys use ASIO4ALL drivers with their onboard audio card successfully. Benefits of an audio interface might be... Better propriety low latency drivers Possibly better ADDA conversion - althoug
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Collaboration with Brahms by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

Brahms rang me up today and asked me to arranged one of his waltzes, so I did. Recording http://picosong.com/B7yR/ Score https://www.docdroid.net/SPglwi4/brahms-waltz.pdf.html
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

Interesting article IMHO: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/speaking-tonal-languages/ Kees
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Father/Daughter moving up to Grand - Suggestions? by Adam S @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

Hi All, I've read these forums on and off for years and have appreciated the wealth of knowledge and information. Both my daughter and I have been taking lessons for a number of years, and as it seems like we're both actually sticking with it, we'r
Jump to new posts Are audio interfaces necessary for VST? by lamadoo @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Hi guys I just recently got Ivory II american concert and its running perfectly on my gaming PC with the on-board motherboard audio sound at 64 samples buffer on ASIO4ALL (no pops/clicks/distortions/lag/latency problems) . I have maxed all the settin
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by PianogrlNW @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

I think that giving your children piano lessons is a wonderful gift. But, every child has different talents and interests, and as a parent, you get to a point where nagging becomes a total drag. My oldest daughter was pretty good at the piano but wan
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPTOriginally Posted By DoelKeesExample with piano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZjLJ7sJUMM&index=4&list=RDgU8uREFN3CU Kees While I understand that is supposed to be serious, to me it sounds the w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: WOW!!! "Chord Play", by Forrest Kinney! by MacMorrighan @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

I would recommend, however, that at least with this particular series, one should keep a packet or two of staff paper on hand to record one's arrangements. This series of books will definitely unleash a torrent of musical inspiration, creativity, sk
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By Mark_CNext: Bach's 371 chorales Here's my opinion: 192 141 68 59 53 69 86 97 212 329 143 1 190 188 250 341 60 126 110 328 57 34 311 254 342 42
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: WOW!!! "Chord Play", by Forrest Kinney! by MacMorrighan @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By pwlI second your enthusiasm for these books - I like them a lot and am surprised they aren't more widely known/discussed. I think we need to start recommending them to educators, as well as our local musician-supply stores! Ac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Ralphiano @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Well done, JoBert! I enjoyed Skyfall. I haven't yet learned anything about all the extra voices on my digital. One day....
Page 3 of 89 < 1 2 3 4 5 88 89 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Poll: Edward Zhou vs Martha Argerich-which speed do you like
by Hua Zhou
2 minutes 59 seconds ago
question on piano teachers
by iamanders
24 minutes 54 seconds ago
Father/Daughter moving up to Grand - Suggestions?
by Adam S
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Are audio interfaces necessary for VST?
by lamadoo
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
WOW!!! "Chord Play", by Forrest Kinney!
by MacMorrighan
Yesterday at 07:32 PM
Forum Stats
83,794 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,003 Topics
2,528,860 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission