Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by Roland The Beagle @ 09/13/14 08:07 PM

Because no one is an inhuman robot, you can't perform the same way every time. As something changes when you perform a piece, you will have to shape the music around it. For me in other words, spontaneity is the natural consequence of simply being
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Taking chances" in a performance by Derulux @ 09/13/14 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: DeruluxI think there are many passionate art lovers who would agree that art is at its best when it is living, breathing, changing. Those who want the same thing every time should choose a reco
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos and Humidity: Historical Perspective? by ventil @ 09/13/14 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyAs long as there have been instrument makers using wood, there have been humidity concerns and problems. What has happened is that we have learned to circumvent the problems, rather than accept them. This makes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Unexpected concert by Dennis in Canada @ 09/13/14 07:58 PM

I would like to share this memory that was brought back to mind from reading a post by Purkoy on another topic. During our honeymoon, my wife and I were in small touristy town of Baie St-Paul, on the lower north shore of the St-Laurence river here i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Strange issue with Kawai ES7 is back.... by Kawai James @ 09/13/14 07:55 PM

Thanks for checking Ben. Yes, I agree it's most likely a hardware-related problem, and should therefore be taken-up with the dealer. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by accordeur @ 09/13/14 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyActually, I'm surprised by that quote. Then it makes me wonder a bit that a D-C system was 'pushed' at the same time. Did he/she even ask about the HVAC system in your home? A very detailed regulation should on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by hreichgott @ 09/13/14 07:47 PM

I like when a pianist can create a convincing interpretation and connect with the audience. Whether s/he does this with a lot of preparation or at sudden whim doesn't matter to me as much. (I'm sure most pianists do some of both.)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by Minnesota Marty @ 09/13/14 07:44 PM

Actually, I'm surprised by that quote. Then it makes me wonder a bit that a D-C system was 'pushed' at the same time. Did he/she even ask about the HVAC system in your home? A very detailed regulation should only take about 8 hours, usually much l
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone familiar with alkan's op. 39 "etudes"? by argerichfan @ 09/13/14 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers If a pianist disagrees with a metronome marking but plays the music at that tempo regardless then this could be viewed as having something to prove if that tempo with the music is challenging to most pianists. Mi
Jump to new posts Re: Strange issue with Kawai ES7 is back.... by slowtraveler @ 09/13/14 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By: KromenPress and hold the G4 and C5, now while holding both keys press the B4, this key should play at full sound. To clarify, you're saying that if ES7 users select the 'Concert Grand' (or other
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by dcnm50 @ 09/13/14 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave BIts very possible the piano would need this attention. Did you ask the owner if they serviced the piano regularly? If not, that might explain why the owner would say, "This was the first time they heard of such thin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miss my concert grands by Minnesota Marty @ 09/13/14 07:32 PM

Ya know Keith, you're not going to get a lot of sympathy from us. It may feel like the end of the world, but I'm sure you will struggle through. If it's a Steingraeber, my sympathy lessens. It's a great time to revisit the Baroque and Classical
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by Markarian @ 09/13/14 07:29 PM

That's about right for a full regulation. I can't overstate how much of a difference it can make in the experience of playing a decent instrument. However, I am kind of curious why a nice Kasai that's only ten years old would need this kind of work.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Is this Schumann Upright bass bridge Salvageable? by Paul678 @ 09/13/14 07:28 PM

The bass bridge was badly cracked, to where the top of the bridge was lifting or peeling off: [img:left]https://flic.kr/p/pbYLmG[/img] [img:left]https://flic.kr/p/pbJWfX[/img] [img:left]https://flic.kr/p/pbJWfX[/img] Pretty hopeless, right? Unle
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: San Marino competition by pianoloverus @ 09/13/14 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: outo If these young pianists think “expressing” in their face and body will transfer into the playing and to the listener, it really doesn't, quite the opposite. Constantly aiming for dramatic effect isn't that effective either.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A concert hall inside your bedroom by Dennis in Canada @ 09/13/14 07:21 PM

A lovely story, Purkoy. I am sure this will always be a nice memory. Nice of you to share.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Louis Podestasupposedly innocently posts the same thread on two different websites? What's the problem with that?
Jump to new posts Re: Sturdy support for digital piano? by Kawai James @ 09/13/14 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: ChoPraTsAbby Pianoman, I also liked the K&M 18810, but it's the used by Kawai in some MP11 oficial videos and since I could see it's very, very wobbly, I don't like it. So, attending to video, I think this support it's not t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Taking chances" in a performance by 255 @ 09/13/14 07:14 PM

Yes, there are a lot of reasons to go to a concert instead of e.g. watching a video on Youtube (you get to hear the real sound of the instruments, you're watching something really happening, etc), it's not that we necessarily need the performer to do
Jump to new posts Re: DP Shopping in Paris by Kawai James @ 09/13/14 07:10 PM

tanjinjack, thank you for sharing your analysis. As to which model to buy, well this is ultimately your decision. However, I believe life is short, and that you should therefore buy the best instrument you can afford. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by Dave B @ 09/13/14 07:07 PM

Its very possible the piano would need this attention. Did you ask the owner if they serviced the piano regularly? If not, that might explain why the owner would say, "This was the first time they heard of such things." Enjoy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please help with piano purchase by BrianDX @ 09/13/14 07:06 PM

I think you may be the right track. Usually in these cases where an older piano is being seriously considered for purchase this forum generally recommends a RPT to come with you and check the piano out from an independent point of view.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by wr @ 09/13/14 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: wr Your textbook may not cover this, but it is a fact that there are structural differences between the brains of professional musicians when compared
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A concert hall inside your bedroom by 255 @ 09/13/14 07:04 PM

Interesting anecdote, Purkoy. About the "playing for ourselves" (fizikisto), well, it goes without saying. If it weren't like that, I would already have quit piano. But as people making music, we also enjoy playing for others, so when a fa
Jump to new posts Re: Strange issue with Kawai ES7 is back.... by Kawai James @ 09/13/14 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: KromenPress and hold the G4 and C5, now while holding both keys press the B4, this key should play at full sound. To clarify, you're saying that if ES7 users select the 'Concert Grand' (or other sounds?), press and hold G4 and
Page 34 of 93 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"Black Widow" - Iggy Azalea
by Zach Evans
09/16/14 02:13 PM
Advice Digital Piano < 800 GPB
by Altair
09/16/14 02:09 PM
MIDI to USB adapters?
by Mark NM
09/16/14 12:32 PM
Need help IDing grandfather's 1920s piano exam piece
by Valencia
09/16/14 11:42 AM
That awkward non-playing hand...
by TX-Bluebonnet
09/16/14 11:15 AM
Who's Online
155 registered (Altair, AEMontoya, 3mb3r4, accordeur, 255, 43 invisible), 1446 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76221 Members
42 Forums
157561 Topics
2314342 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission