Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
90 registered (beeboss, accordeur, ando, Bellicapelli, 29 invisible), 1495 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What was Mr Cameron humming? by WhoDwaldi @ 07/18/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By WhoDwaldi[...] Piano bench covered with the Union Jack? That wouldn't fly here (one can be arrested for sitting on Old Glory)! [...] And yet I see all manner of clothing, garb and even footwear that
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Alpha Concert Grand Piano in a Box by Pete14 @ 07/18/16 01:30 PM

Better yet, where are the Alphas? Has anyone seen/played one? I've only seen a handfull of (Alpha Piano) youtube videos, but I'd like to know if they ever plan on selling one.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggested process for finding a new teacher? by malkin @ 07/18/16 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZ If it was me, I'd just move closer to Heather. : ) Or Peter!
Jump to new posts Re: Alpha Concert Grand Piano in a Box by JoeT @ 07/18/16 01:04 PM

Where are the dampers?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by outo @ 07/18/16 12:30 PM

Does learning include full memorization also? Your way of learning does sound inefficient to me or you just lack the technical skills to play this. Memorization can take time, but the piece itself does not have anything that should take that long to
Jump to new posts Re: External powered speakers for Roland FP-30 by Consul50 @ 07/18/16 12:29 PM

I will consider looking to see if I need those external speakers once I get my new FP-30. If I like the sound with the built in speakers then I will not bother buying anything else. I just want to see about expanding the piano sound with those JBL s
Jump to new posts Re: External powered speakers for Roland FP-30 by Groove On @ 07/18/16 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCWThis whole line of thought seems crazy to me. You buy a new keyboard that comes with an inbuilt amplifier and speakers, and before it even comes you're talking about buying speakers and subs for it of a value that would
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by malkin @ 07/18/16 12:09 PM

If you are happy with your progress after crafting for 2 hours each day or 24 hours each day, then keep up the good work. If you aren't satisfied with this course of action, then try something different.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by PianogrlNW @ 07/18/16 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By Qazsedcft An accomplished pianist would just take the sheet and play it perfectly at first sight without even sweating it. A professional musician can certainly play a new piece at sight in a manne
Jump to new posts Re: Alpha Concert Grand Piano in a Box by ElmerJFudd @ 07/18/16 11:34 AM

The price would have to be pretty high. The case is not intended for the living room. It would be quite heavy and targeted for touring music acts I would imagine.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by keystring @ 07/18/16 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By Qazsedcft An accomplished pianist would just take the sheet and play it perfectly at first sight without even sweating it. A professional musician can certainly play a new piece at sight in a manner that amateur beginners would
Jump to new posts Re: Adding Monitor Speakers - simple/affordable by Kbeaumont @ 07/18/16 11:26 AM

I have a pair of the LSR308's and I have played through the LSR305's at a friends home studio many times. There isn't any real audio difference on piano to me. What the LSR308's are better for is organ, synthesizer, bass and kick drum. They can go re
Piano Teachers Forum
I tend to agree with Peter. Not every conservatory teacher will know how to transition from teaching guns a blazing, 4 hours a day of practice piano majors to I just want to explore the world of music adult hobbyists. Of course there are some who
Jump to new posts Re: Transitioning to digital by David Farley @ 07/18/16 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By k361Originally Posted By dogpersonSorry, but the 'digital pianos for classical?' question is not the same as this question. In that thread, the question is asked 'should a digital be used for classical/should I move to a digital
Jump to new posts Alpha Concert Grand Piano in a Box by QNCLM @ 07/18/16 11:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZz57EvheAI Yes please.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization and Preparation by SiFi @ 07/18/16 11:16 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. There's a lot to process here and I'm working my way through your various positive and insightful comments. As for this: Originally Posted By bennevisI'm probably not the right person to be contributing to th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What was Mr Cameron humming? by BruceD @ 07/18/16 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldi[...] Piano bench covered with the Union Jack? That wouldn't fly here (one can be arrested for sitting on Old Glory)! [...] And yet I see all manner of clothing, garb and even footwear that sport "Old Glory"
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by Qazsedcft @ 07/18/16 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By MICHAEL122 It has been suggested to me, by extremely accomplished pianist, that to nail {not merely competent, rather, to play it P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y} this piece would take about 7 months, give or take a couple months. It depends
Jump to new posts Re: Transitioning to digital by k361 @ 07/18/16 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By dogpersonSorry, but the 'digital pianos for classical?' question is not the same as this question. In that thread, the question is asked 'should a digital be used for classical/should I move to a digital piano?'. In this one, t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left Handed Pianist Needs advice by dogperson @ 07/18/16 10:49 AM

Weirdly, I am left-handed pianist... but at some point over the years, my left-hand quit being dominant at the piano. 'Hey, right hand, you want to be in charge, take it over and I'll take a nap'. I suspect it is because so much music is written f
Pianist Corner
Thank you so much for all the kind comments and contributions! these are all wonderful ideas that I'm sure I'll be able to use for the recital! A lot of these pieces are already set to war theme videos on YouTube, which give me a better idea how it
Member Recordings
Hello TVB enthusiasts, A new fighting drama is coming with 元秋 in it!! Here is my piano cover on the opening theme song sung by 陳展鵬 (who is also acting in it too). Interesting theme with interesting melodic and harmonic structures. Enjoy~ Pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by Greener @ 07/18/16 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By MICHAEL122... It has been suggested to me, by extremely accomplished pianist, that to nail {not merely competent, rather, to play it P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y} this piece would take about 7 months, give or take a couple months. Because n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Narj @ 07/18/16 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By Bortholomew Having them out-of-tune didn't do them any favours, as the mid-priced Grand they had should have been pretty decent. This is extremely frustrating and I've come across the same problem in a few places in my search.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blüthner owners group by PhilipInChina @ 07/18/16 10:26 AM

A couple of points occur to me: Not everybody is a member of PW. If I were an advertiser and saw PW hosting a users' group for a brand which did not advertise, I would have some fairly searching questions to ask.
Page 34 of 47 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 46 47 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interesting Article on Digital Scores, Copyright, and Hire
by WhoDwaldi
07/23/16 12:08 PM
Rhapsody in Blue - Cool Arrangement & Performance
by Piano World
07/23/16 10:52 AM
How Much Does it Cost to Duplicate Upright Bass Strings?
by Musicdude
07/23/16 06:53 AM
Duo-piano mismatch
by wr
07/23/16 04:18 AM
Teaching Advanced Students
by Piano Playground
07/23/16 02:25 AM
Forum Stats
84,394 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,091 Topics
2,542,530 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission