Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
122 registered (accordeur, agraffe, alerique, 90minIPA, 36 invisible), 1495 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements! by pyropaul @ 02/10/16 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By proutGiven that the average just noticeable difference in two sequential pitches is >5cents, it is the 'quality' of the unisons, and the beating of the important intervals that matter. Both can vary by several cents and not be
Jump to new posts Re: A pin block question by Eric NYC @ 02/10/16 02:51 PM

I have no opinion myself, but lots of people have expressed opinions on this question. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...0block%20repair https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...e%20pin%20piano
A bad analog microphone can do all sorts of nasty stuff, but it cannot shift pitch. (Try it for yourself -- if you have only one microphone, you can use headphones in lieu of a bad specimen, though you may need to apply plenty of gain. If you recor
Jump to new posts A pin block question by Thermodog @ 02/10/16 02:39 PM

I bought a used Yamaha U3 from a reputable local shop that restores and sells used pianos. I just had it tuned today, and my tuner says that the tuning pins on the low strings (the single string notes) are loose. He suggested that the piano should
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by JEB NYC @ 02/10/16 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi JEB NYC, you are right!... I'm a happy owner of a MP7 but i need a more portable DP for travel and practice, for that reason i need a slab. My MP7 is going to stay as a master controller in my home studio and i lov
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by WhoDwaldi @ 02/10/16 02:30 PM

These threads are interesting because, despite a tendency for those posting to simply cheerlead for what they happen to own , a collective wisdom emerges reflecting recent scholarship, teacher/player preferences, and/or practicality. I splurge on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by Michiyo-Fir @ 02/10/16 02:28 PM

I believe it does count as long as you've never played it before. My piano teacher was telling me how it's much easier to sight read pieces you are familiar with (that is to say have heard and know the melodies of).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by J Soo @ 02/10/16 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By Midlife_PianoFriends now keep asking me when my next performance would be. After seeing what I have done, some of my friends starting picking up their own interests - voice lessons, photography classes, art classes..etc I was t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts 145 progression by johan d @ 02/10/16 02:26 PM

I want to learn some 145 progressions and train the chords involved. As I understand: 145P of a Major key is all Major Chords, right? C = C,F,G 145P of a Major Key is 1st Minor, 4th Minor, 5th Major right? Dm = Dm,Gm,A Dm learned from here: http://w
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by hughconway @ 02/10/16 02:26 PM

Do you need the space saving feature/portability of a slab piano such as the VPC1 as I found that the fact that it doesn't look like a piano clouds my whole experience of playing it. I ended up going for the CS10 (which is a CA95 in a proper upright
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai by UpstairsDavid @ 02/10/16 02:26 PM

Introducing my new-to-me 1999 Kawai UST-7 console. (Sharing a lot of detail here, in case it's helpful to others. First a bit about my musical journey, and then details of how I chose this piano.) I can't believe I have a real piano. I'm a player
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by amertune @ 02/10/16 02:25 PM

That's great. I can't think of higher praise for your piano practice than friends who were also inspired to follow their passions.
Given that the average just noticeable difference in two sequential pitches is >5cents, it is the 'quality' of the unisons, and the beating of the important intervals that matter. Both can vary by several cents and not be disturbing to most listen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by gooddog @ 02/10/16 02:18 PM

Decisions, decisions. I tend to favor Henle but the Weiner Urtext sounds interesting. I'll have to check availability and prices. Thanks all! Edit: I just checked and, gulp, both Henle and Weiner Urtext are very expensive. I think I'll take a peek
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Study Group: Gluck Melody from Orfeo (Sgambati) by Michiyo-Fir @ 02/10/16 02:18 PM

I've recently become obsessed with this piece and I would like to learn it! I was hoping some other people on here are interested in learning this piece with me as I'm not particularly familiar with this style of music and I've seen different pianis
NormB may be correct on his acceleration statement. There is not only the kinetic energy stored on the hammer but there is elastic deformation energy stored on the hammer shank that can change the time of contact between the string and the hammer. Su
Piano Forum
ando: Thanks for the advice! He did say no free tunings for resales because there's not much profit. maybe I'll push him into it Either that or a fresh coat of shellac for the piano! I think I've learnt that buying a used piano is a bit like a weddi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by Mark_C @ 02/10/16 02:12 PM

Just to have a little fun with grammar and usage..... Originally Posted By BruceD 1) This edition lies (not lays!, please!!) flat, 2) is clearly printed Well! If you want to be so precise (and yeah, I likewise notice when people say or write &quo
Piano Teachers Forum
One problem at a time: Originally Posted By Deep Fish Piano1) Because I just found it is very useful guide line for me to download musics for fun playing. I made mistakes download songs that way higher than my son’s level. The fun turns to frustra
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Study Group: Chopin Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 by Michiyo-Fir @ 02/10/16 02:10 PM

A few of us have discussed starting study group for the Chopin Prelude Op 28 No 4. Anyone is welcome to join in and is in fact encouraged to do so! The more the merrier. I propose we discuss passages we have difficulty with, uncertain areas, diffe
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A Modest Interpretation by Michael Sayers @ 02/10/16 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Michael SayersI very much enjoyed listening although I had to do so "Swiftly"! OMG, I just got this. I was so into the Rick Roll thing that I forgot the Subject title. Very clever sir.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by laguna_greg @ 02/10/16 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Polishook Lady Gaga didn't write Bad Romance (is that what it's called?) hoping that someone else would turn it into a fugue. And Schumann did't compose leider with the hope that Sting would one day turn a few into pop tune
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Two Mic frequency test by prout @ 02/10/16 02:03 PM

Here it is.
Jump to new posts Re: Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements! by pyropaul @ 02/10/16 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By prout I used to think the doppler effect, especially in woofers, could be sensed, but I have not seen any literature supporting that claim, nor have I been able to detect a widening of partial peaks due to woofer cone movement.
@spanishbuddha: searching "force sensor", we can see some model. (e.g. https://www.adafruit.com/products/166 Here at 7$)... You need 88 of them, and a processor (or a coprocessor) with 88 analog entry. I don't know if this kind of sensor i
Page 34 of 89 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 88 89 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What to do with older pianodisc system?
by mosspianotuning
02/12/16 08:02 PM
Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude
by Ramzi
02/12/16 08:00 PM
Roland FP-30 or Roland F140R
by Keyes
02/12/16 07:35 PM
Brass Spring Wire
by RonB3
02/12/16 06:31 PM
Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude
by Ramzi
02/12/16 05:25 PM
Forum Stats
82,568 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,451 Topics
2,494,785 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission