Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
103 registered (alfredo capurso, Arabella21, anotherscott, Augustina, Anita Potter, Allochi, 30 invisible), 1223 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 music stand by Kawai James @ 05/20/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By scorpioI mentioned I would provide an image. The rest is sitting on a block of wood. It works nicely. Good job scorpio! Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP6 and Multi-timbral Sequencing by Kawai James @ 05/20/15 08:30 PM

Hello Nigel, Originally Posted By nigel1938How exactly do program changes work? Are they something I have to explicitly instruct? Yes, I believe you essentially set an event in your DAW to send the desired program change number to the instrument.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: 2nd sonata -- fingering suggestions by Mark_C @ 05/20/15 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By Damon....Plus, Brahms has gotten me accustomed to doing it, so I find it pretty easy. And that's just it: Chopin isn't Brahms. I said up there about the shown fingering for those first 2 measures being great for a Bach fugue bu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by jotur @ 05/20/15 08:27 PM

44. Yamaha G3&P-80 – O soave fanciulla I think the opera is, generally speaking, boring but Puccini does write beautiful music. Very nice. 39. PaleBlueDot – Von fremden Laendern un Menschen - Quite charming! Had a great lilt to it. 30. Gan
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By John v.d.Brook Seriously, you're comparing a rather benign piano playing audition with the major International Chopin competition? It is measuring how a student is doing at a certain level. Benign?? First, you're saying it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein B208 or Schimmel K230 by N e v e r l a n d @ 05/20/15 08:22 PM

Hi there, There is a sauter omega 220 which has lower price than Schimmel K230, I just can't understand that... And Bechstein(B) generally has price higher than Schimmel. I'm totally confused about those piano.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 05/20/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By Dave KingFor anyone who would like to have a copy of the current MP7 Owner's Manual (MP7_EN_20141030_R101.pdf) with the suggested bookmarks and links, I have added a bookmarks panel and clickable links on the cover page and on th
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 05/20/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By Bachus Here the video of pianoman chuck explaining how and why... Very resourceful!
Piano Forum
Quote: I heard that same joke applied to starting a winery (and vineyard) in Napa Valley. But that joke must be pretty old because $2M doesn't seem like it would get you anywhere close to enough land for a vineyard and then to build out the winery.
Piano Forum
Bosendorfer was purchased by Yamaha a few years ago. I went to two master classes at Bosendorfer (2013 and 2014) and asked if Yamaha had started using any Bosendorfer technology or methods and the people at Bosendorfer said no. The two companies ar
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP6 and Multi-timbral Sequencing by nigel1938 @ 05/20/15 08:02 PM

Hi James, I think that worked! I am also beginning to think that part of my problem was that I was setting my sequencer correctly. Thanks for your help and patience. My set up before getting the MP6 was a Korg DW8000 as the master and an eMu Prot
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital apprehension by John v.d.Brook @ 05/20/15 08:00 PM

I concur. Do put yourself in a position where you are playing something you are not totally comfortable with and have mastered to a level you find acceptable. You can bow out gracefully, and as I noted in another thread, I would seriously evaluate
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By John v.d.Brookbennevis, as I see it, you're basically equating Guild's piano playing auditions with something they are not, RCM exams or more broadly, end of course music exams. As Guild is orien
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help Finding Right Lamp for Grand Piano by Lakeviewsteve @ 05/20/15 07:56 PM

I had that problem for years until I bought a real cool piano floor lamp! It is incredible with the light going right above the music and very adjustable! I bought it from pianocastercups.com Here is a link to the model I bought: http://www.piano
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Concert Pianists Make No Mistake by Lakeviewsteve @ 05/20/15 07:47 PM

One thing to consider is the overall speed you are performing at. Do you sometimes try hurrying through a passage or piece? This creates all sort of problems. Just slow down and take it easy. Do you play with the music or by memory? Use the mus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Crocus @ 05/20/15 07:35 PM

And, it turns out that there was also a broken link on my 4th tune that I posted a few weeks ago. Think I've got my Soundcloud problems figured out now. Will re-post it now, it's called "The Prayer". David Foster wrote it and Dan Coates
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: M&H in 1990s by dynamobt @ 05/20/15 07:32 PM

More people will see this in the main Piano Forum. This subforum is for people introducing their newly purchased piano. Maybe a Moderator can move it for you.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I think I understand where do come that "neutral pin " terminology. that is how feel a pin that brakes mostly at its bottom, the upper part is as floating the "neutral " impression have all to do with friction at bearing points
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By John v.d.Brookbennevis, as I see it, you're basically equating Guild's piano playing auditions with something they are not, RCM exams or more broadly, end of course music exams. As Guild is orientated towards students - incl
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts M&H in 1990s by Raindrops @ 05/20/15 07:17 PM

Hi I came across two M&H, haven't played, but not sure which one is better, if both are in good condition. The asking price is similar for both: First one 2005, Model A (Is this too small? I plan to play for at least 10 years without changing to
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By John v.d.BrookSight reading is a "phase" and can be opted by the student/teacher, as is ear-training (aural). These are mandatory for some audition levels, but not all. .... John, my very f
Originally Posted By David BoyceTunerJeff, don't TALK to me about WD40! I have a whole ilustrated page on my website because of a tuner who used to spray the pinblock with it. would use : because of a " *tuner" who used to spray the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Dru Morgan @ 05/20/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By Sam S 45. Dru Morgan (drumorgan) - Love Me Tender / Edelweiss / Rainbow Connection It really gladdens my heart to hear someone with only 3 months experience contribute something to the recital - excellent! Originally Posted By
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts M &H in 1990s by Raindrops @ 05/20/15 07:06 PM

Hi I came across two M&H, haven't played, but not sure which one is better, if both are in good conditions. The asking price is similar for both: First one 2005, Model A (Is this too small? I plan to play for at least 10 years without changing t
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by Bosendorff @ 05/20/15 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserFor those that haven't seen the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPGkjgxCVQ From 1:50 in the above YouTube link: Staccato played with the Sustain Pedal down v.s. legato notes played with the Sustain Pedal
Page 34 of 104 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 103 104 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Royale PCM Digital Ensemble EG1 Assistance Needed
by Arabella21
05/23/15 09:06 AM
help choosing a piano for under $500
by Person222
05/23/15 08:37 AM
Kawai CA67 Downweight
by Matheon
05/23/15 07:45 AM
Chinese whispers - idea for an ear-training game for ABF
by dire tonic
05/23/15 07:37 AM
Georges Le-Bonque improvising on Franz Liszt's Ballade No. 2
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:45 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,384 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,264 Topics
2,409,419 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission