Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
57 registered (AndrewJCW, audiophon, Albunea, 36251, Alsenkiat, 14 invisible), 1082 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Staff accompanist by Cheeto717 @ 08/01/15 02:41 PM

Telemann flute suites Bach string concerti Brahms clarinet/viola sonatas in f minor and e flat beethoven and mozart chamber music is all game as well
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice and info request: Colley & Co 1800's Square Grand by PaulMarentette @ 08/01/15 02:40 PM

Thanks Rick and pianoloverus, I'm the kind of guy who likes to make anything the best it can be. I've done many different types of restoration but this acquisition is the first piano or furniture. I do however have other real-world demands on my t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by Robert 45 @ 08/01/15 02:28 PM

Thank you for the link to Shackleford pianos. A 1923 Bechstein is a product of Bechstein's Golden Age of piano making during the period of the ascendancy of the Weimar Republic. It is pleasing to know that both the tuner and the company are being he
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP90 successful repair by Kumi_27 @ 08/01/15 02:21 PM

Hi Have some bad news and some good news First, the flash - only two of them are designed to operate at 5V and they should work. Second, the firmware. It was a very bad idea to reprogram the chip, when the whole thing is not 100% working and You
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please identify this music! by WildHorseMan @ 08/01/15 02:21 PM

Hi thanks, I thought it was a piece I heard many years ago on an old film my dad was watching, I've been looking for it for ages! I don't think this was it tho ( just had a listed on YouTube) and I have no idea what the film was called either !
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please identify this music! by bennevis @ 08/01/15 02:15 PM

Are you talking about La Marseillaise, the French national anthem? (Are the French planning to take over the ailing Royal Mail? ) BTW, Berlioz wrote an overblown version of it for multiple choruses, soloists & orchestra.... http://youtu.be
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My music by Steve Chandler @ 08/01/15 02:15 PM

Brian, I have to ask were you referring to Tim as an uppity pianist? That would be a big mistake, Tim has been very supportive of living and lesser known composers (such as myself) having performed my music (and the music of many others) for a variet
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Effective is the Practice Pedal? by patH @ 08/01/15 02:13 PM

Is it a silent system that completely mutes the acoustic sound and allows you to play with headphones? Or is it a felt strip that just muffles the sound? If it's the former, go for it. It's quite expensive (almost as much as a good digital piano), b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Effective is the Practice Pedal? by williambonard @ 08/01/15 02:12 PM

Just to throw the idea out there (and it all depends on budget), have you considered buying a silent model upright piano that will allow you to play an electric piano with headphones in? You get the best of both worlds that way. I have a Kawai uprig
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Please identify this music! by WildHorseMan @ 08/01/15 02:08 PM

Can someone please tell me what the piece of music is at the beginning of thisTV advert? Not the Beatles one, it sounds like a military March but I can't find it, or shazam it as it says it's by the Royal Mail choir singing all you need is love. Tha
I skimmed through the preceding pages and didn't find any references to this. Apologies if I missed it. The Yamaha P105 has been replaced with a new model, the p115. Here's a comparison video I found on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcw
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by BDB @ 08/01/15 01:51 PM

So how much do you expect to make from getting the Piano Technicians Guild to endorse your patents?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by C Scott @ 08/01/15 01:49 PM

Well the technician has been and I told him of the problems. He immediately agreed the treble was harsh but said it was just out of tune due to the new strings and hammers etc. He then told me the sensation of pressure half way was the static regulat
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP5 key loose, help? by tks184 @ 08/01/15 01:49 PM

Thanks for the info! I will take it in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A fresh Rachmaninov Paganini Rhapsody by phantomFive @ 08/01/15 01:48 PM

Hey, careful, soon you might end up liking Rachmaninoff
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By chenParson's music ,wonderful I wonder, if by chance, your comment is influenced by the fact that you, apparently, work for or are affiliated with Parson's music? One could conclude that there are lots of wonderful piano manufa
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Questions about Autopiano Player by mrj_442 @ 08/01/15 01:38 PM

I'm reposting this from the general forums. Hello! New to the forums...just looking for information. About 9 years ago, I purchased an antique piano. Wife was looking for a piano for the kids, and a lady was trying to get rid of one in her shop. Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Effective is the Practice Pedal? by ChrisVenables @ 08/01/15 01:29 PM

Hello Dwscamel Celeste rails are OK if you simply want to practise hitting the right notes but you can wave goodbye to any nuances in tone and touch which is exactly what you do when you buy a digital. (well, this is the piano forum) The celes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: why c3x is much more expensive than c2x? by turandot @ 08/01/15 01:23 PM

Zhengy, I will defer to Chris here. I'm grateful he showed up. Thank you Chris. I will offer a few personal observations. 1.) You've moved an initial objective question to a very subjective one. 2.) For me personally, things work out best when &q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Autopiano Player Piano Questions by mrj_442 @ 08/01/15 01:21 PM

I found a forum that pertains to players, so I'm going to repost there. Might be better to have this in a specific forum. Thanks for your help!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTProvide me with the post where Raphael's and the Stopper temperament are listed. I gaurantee I can measure them nonprogressive. Call. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2209854 Kees
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By PeytonFor me, as someone who plays mostly by memory, it's a question of playing with the unconscious mind... as soon as the "conscious mind" comes into play... down I go. Therefore, the shorter the piece, the better my
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: Where to see player pianos play by mrj_442 @ 08/01/15 01:12 PM

If you are near Indiana, you need to go to Columbus, Indiana, to Zaharako's Ice Cream Parlor. They have a beautiful 1908 Welte Orchestrian, fully restored, and a museum that has many restored players, including one from the 1870's. The place is like
Jump to new posts Re: quality digital piano by ElmerJFudd @ 08/01/15 01:07 PM

If you're lugging the Receptor around you might also be thinking controller instead of DP. http://www.studiologic-music.com/products/midi-controllers.html K4 or K5 controllers http://www.viscountinstruments.us/digital-pianos.html
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By outoI think one "benefit" of such a program is that the weak are weaned off pretty early. This program is build for the purpose of creat
Page 34 of 92 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 91 92 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Expanding my repertoire
by siden70
08/04/15 05:38 AM
Pronouncing "Hanon"
by Qazsedcft
08/04/15 02:47 AM
Advice for teaching a basic musicianship class
by Opus_Maximus
08/03/15 11:45 PM
Nomenclature
by DavidWB
08/03/15 09:19 PM
I had a dream last night......
by Stubbie
08/03/15 06:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,242 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,970 Topics
2,432,740 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission