Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by TheodorN @ 07/23/14 09:16 PM

Just wondering, but is it possible that speaker volume is not the only issue for someone who wants to learn to play delicately, or over the whole dynamic range? I mean, does the Yamaha P105 have enough dynamic range (or velocity layers, I think the t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Yamaha P255 by pianist.ame @ 07/23/14 09:12 PM

I would just like to find out if anyone has purchased or used a Yamaha P255 which is the newest model and is made in Japan. My mom is considering purchasing it to replace the Kawai Digital Piano KDP 80 which I have at home in my room; the reason b
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by Pete14 @ 07/23/14 09:10 PM

Do you agree with Simone Dinnerstein in regards to the AvantGrand being uncannily close to the real thing?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Just Tried Brand New Mason and Hamlins.... by Paul678 @ 07/23/14 09:10 PM

Wow, immaculate instruments. Model A, 5'8" ($37k), and a model BB, 7' ($50k). The 7' was voiced a bit too mellow and dark for my taste, so I ended up playing the A more. The were both very easy to trill on, like butter for lack of a better
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by Polyphonist @ 07/23/14 09:07 PM

I've sent in my recordings.
Adult Beginners Forum
@Andrew - I really enjoy your videos. It's really helping me see how they should be played (speed, etc). The Alfred's CD I have, play other instruments playing the songs in addition to the piano so it's really hard to hear how the piano notes should
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by pianoloverus @ 07/23/14 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: gooddogUnfortunately, you are right. Besides all the technical things we need to do to make a performance special, we always have to consider available time, somethi
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: AJF Talk to the average 9-12 year old about what they've got access to on the internet in 2014 and I think you'll realize that it's awfully naive to think that a child is going to come across ANYTHING on PW that shocks or offend
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by 36251 @ 07/23/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: sullivangI played a grand briefly (before the shop assistant yanked me off) and it felt dreadful compared to my Casio PX-330 - it just didn't work at all for the somewhat "technical" piece I was trying to play - the ac
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by TheodorN @ 07/23/14 08:49 PM

Doremi, I'd say it shouldn't take more than a day. Depending on how scattered your user files are though, if you only have your files in the Documents, Pictures, and Videos folders, 30-40 Gb of copying to an external hard disk takes one to two hours,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by gooddog @ 07/23/14 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: gooddogUnfortunately, you are right. Besides all the technical things we need to do to make a performance special, we always have to consider available time, something many of us do not have. I
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by Pete14 @ 07/23/14 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: dewsterOriginally Posted By: sullivangI played a grand briefly (before the shop assistant yanked me off)... Must have been in one of those Australian adult piano shops I keep hearing about. "20% off guaranteed, or we wil
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by Polyphonist @ 07/23/14 08:43 PM

The coda of the second movement of the Schumann Fantasy is a glorious passage, and notorious for being butchered even by the greats.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by bennevis @ 07/23/14 08:37 PM

Sviatoslav Richter split a note, very glaringly, in the first few seconds of Mussorgsky's Pictures at Sofia in 1958 - in a live recording which has become a classic ("The greatest recording of this work that I've ever heard, on record or off&quo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by MALDI_ToF @ 07/23/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist I don't know of any other recordings of this particular piece except for a couple by unknowns on Youtube, which I am fairly certain are not better than Hamelin's. Konstantin Scherbakov has a pretty good recording
Pianist Corner
If your aim for "popular" is "people who might have heard piano before": Chopin Nocturne 9/2 Debussy Clair de Lune Bach Prelude in C maybe even Chopin etude 10/12 but yeah, whatever is already in your repertoire is your best be
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by pianoloverus @ 07/23/14 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gooddogUnfortunately, you are right. Besides all the technical things we need to do to make a performance special, we always have to consider available time, something many of us do not have. I find myself thinking, "Gee, i
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: faulty_DamperOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: faulty_DamperOriginally Posted By: VidYes, Hamelin seems to use rubato where the score indicates rall and a tempo - such liberties! This is the difference
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Broken Butt Plate - Replacement part? by musicNow @ 07/23/14 08:24 PM

I have one broken, threaded, butt plate on a 1900 upright, Ivers Pond Piano, the broken plate is off to the side: Would this part from Schaff Piano work? Reading Reblitz, it appears this was somewhat a standard part until the 1940s.
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by Kawai James @ 07/23/14 08:22 PM

doremi, if you do not wish to reinstall Windows, but would like to remove the bloat installed on a new PC, you may wish to take a look at this: http://pcdecrapifier.com/ As for me, a lot of the software I use is available as a 'Portable App', allow
Sure, I understand. There are several ways of looking at things. Partials are an abstraction that come from the Fourier series approximation of a periodic function. My only objection is to those people who think there are harmonic fairies magically m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by Michael Sayers @ 07/23/14 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: BrendanOriginally Posted By: gooddogI opened this topic some time ago and it got side-tracked so I'm trying again. What does one have to do to make our music stand out and sound polished and beauti
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by WilliamTruitt @ 07/23/14 08:11 PM

Indeed you do. Been working on rescaling a piano this evening using the Paulello wire types. There are 5 but we will typically use most M and O, with some 1 in the low tenor. I have use XM for the top 8 notes on a Bechstein C. That's where the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Liszt's letters to Jessie Laussot by Michael Sayers @ 07/23/14 07:59 PM

Hi Everyone, Maybe someone here knows something about these. They sound to be intriguing yet there doesn't seem to be a published email address with which to contact the author of the paper about them. The "message Mariateresa" link does
Pianist Corner
I agree with you, faulty.
Page 34 of 126 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 125 126 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
156 registered (ajames, 36251, Alex-SapRenovation, accordeur, 41 invisible), 1826 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75516 Members
42 Forums
156160 Topics
2293270 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Medelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
33 minutes 37 seconds ago
Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos
by Paul678
47 minutes 19 seconds ago
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
Today at 12:29 PM
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
Today at 12:21 PM
Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys
by barabusm
Today at 12:09 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission