Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
63 registered (alerique, augustm, Amosdoll, ando, 14 invisible), 914 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weird change in action by BDB @ 09/26/16 02:34 AM

From the description of the changes, it sounds like the action was in bad shape before, and has been properly regulated now. There is supposed to be some resistance when the key is pressed, and more as the repetition lever and let-off come into play.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the Kawai es100 have a battery? by Charles Cohen @ 09/26/16 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By JoeT . . . But soldering down the battery? Really Kawai? That's what cheap Chinese toy keyboards do. . . . No problems with corrosion of battery-holder contacts , with soldered joints. It's a trade-off. Whether it's a good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by huaidongxi @ 09/26/16 02:28 AM

the information accessible for me indicates that the Knabe 'wkv' pianos is the Korean manufacturer's premier line and that model goes for more than $10 k. new. knabe also has a lower priced 'wmv' line that also seems a bit pricier than hailun. anot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Weird change in action by Retsacnal @ 09/26/16 02:21 AM

We just got home this evening from Family Weekend at my daughters college, and we stayed in my favorite local hotel for the first time in a long time. My wife likes to stay closer to campus, but I like this particular hotel because there's a Yamaha G
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: STOLEN STEINWAY GRANDS by Retsacnal @ 09/26/16 02:07 AM

Yikes! After reading about the Biasco Fiasco, things seem almost tame nowadays...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Digital or Second Hand Upright? by johan d @ 09/26/16 01:46 AM

i would go for a 2nd hand upright. I have been in the same position as you are now, and bought a cheap yamahan YDP162 (also 2nd hand). After a few month, you get so bored of the sounds that come with it. In the meanwhile i looked for a 2nd hand, and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Stoneway upright by PhilipInChina @ 09/26/16 01:36 AM

"Caveman Rock"- was that Tommy Steele?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Used LX15e or new LX17 by drewr @ 09/26/16 01:32 AM

Regarding your point / question on LX15 versus HP605, have you considered this as choosing between what for now seems to be a final version of Roland's established mostly-sampled DP technology and a first version of Roland's fully sampled DP technolo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Metronome with wireless earphones by cathryn999 @ 09/26/16 01:12 AM

I just wanted to share something that's been helping me a lot with my practice of pieces with difficult timing - that is, to listen to the metronome through wireless earphones (or headphones). My metronome is an app on my phone, i set it going to t
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Amazing Street Piano Performances That Will Open Your Eyes! by elainemusic369 @ 09/26/16 01:10 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by newer player @ 09/26/16 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By Daniel RichterI finished updating the list, but I think this is it. The number of models keeps increasing and I don't have access to many of them, nor get enough help (from owners) to get the data I need. Also, I have less and l
Jump to new posts Re: Resolving line noise? by Kawai James @ 09/26/16 12:52 AM

lithedreamer, if the line conditioner that you have purchased does not resolve the issue, my recommendation would be to contact your Kawai dealer/distributor for further assistance. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by Kawai James @ 09/26/16 12:49 AM

Cutestpuppie, there is no battery inside the ES100, nor any other Kawai digital piano currently in production. The instrument is powered by an AC adaptor which connects to a wall socket. User adjusted settings and songs are stored to non-volatile me
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by MossySF @ 09/26/16 12:38 AM

I will state again -- make the MIDI file and use an audio analyser to determine if there REALLY is an inaccessible layer. But that's hard and takes effort!!! Well there's a 100000000000+ post thread (DPBSD) on this forum where people have been doin
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP10 or ES8 by Kawai James @ 09/26/16 12:36 AM

Hello Pecuchet, welcome to the forum. I believe either model will be suitable for your intended purpose. The MP10 and ES8 keyboard actions utilise different materials and mechanism, so I would make every effort to play-test these models (or other t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Digital or Second Hand Upright? by AJF @ 09/26/16 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By tdevosI've looked up piano tuning in my area, and from what I can see most places offer tuning for around the price of £60-90, so tuning a piano once a year shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've read up that most places recom
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free online beginner courses - NY Jazz Academy by Albert Brighten @ 09/26/16 12:28 AM

Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Kawai James @ 09/26/16 12:24 AM

Thank you for sharing your performance bigbang! Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Technique Question.... by OrgantoPiano @ 09/26/16 12:17 AM

You might try some of the Hanon exercises. I went back to those when I was in college, keeping my fingers curved and having a flow to my wrists. It really helped relax my hands which aided technique and dexterity. There's also an early exercise where
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Digital or Second Hand Upright? by OrgantoPiano @ 09/25/16 11:59 PM

I think you are going to need to try out both digital and acoustic pianos in order to make a decision. My fear is that your price range is going to limit you and that an acoustic piano in that price range isn't going to sound very good. The action ma
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy tuning of my new Blüthner by rXd @ 09/25/16 11:52 PM

Theoretically, if you can hear C88, you should hear it beat with the second partial of the octave below. In practice, this is not always so, as you have found. When this is the case, I insert a thin wedge (a piece of 1/8" plastic tube will do)
Jump to new posts Re: Is the RH3 keybed triple sensor? by Bosendorff @ 09/25/16 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By BolsterWould it be a big issue if its only dual sensor? Depends on many things. Which piano or synth, what type of music do you usually play, etc. It is often much better to rely on the connection between touch and sound you fee
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C6x with Disklavier Enspire by BK0001 @ 09/25/16 11:46 PM

Nope... just an end-user who loves technology. I found my way to this piano - and in the process very much appreciated this forum and reading comments by folks who care deeply about pianos. I learned much. This piano intrigued me and challenged/st
Jump to new posts Used LX15e or new LX17 by Grandpants @ 09/25/16 11:43 PM

I just last night fell up this 'pianoworld' site. Most all of these threads on the Roland HP, LX, CA and CLP/CVP series have been enlightening and I'm still not done exploring. I generally research any major purchase 'til I'm exhausted. I've gone ove
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts maksim help by Ron1950 @ 09/25/16 11:36 PM

need help with these notes
Page 34 of 68 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 67 68 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played?
by SwissMS
09/29/16 05:09 AM
Chopin no7 Prelude in A Major question
by Terry Michael
09/29/16 03:11 AM
Yamaha C2 Recording
by tuffy
09/29/16 02:41 AM
Looking for Sheet Music (VNV Nation)
by Cassiesmom
09/29/16 12:04 AM
What are your favorite composer photos/portraits?
by RachelBreen
09/28/16 10:52 PM
Forum Stats
85,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,402 Topics
2,558,921 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission