Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Outstanding , thanks for posting.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Octave Sizes by DoelKees @ 09/29/14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT IME, the "proper" sized octave is one that sounds the best. And the one that sounds the best, according to my research, is the median 4:2/6:3. Some people claim that what is happening is a sort of be
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Op. 10, No. 1 for small-to-medium hands by anamnesis @ 09/29/14 10:59 AM

The problem? You have a fundamental misunderstanding of legato, and it's inhibiting your ability to play. Legato is sound first and foremost, not literal physical attachment to the keyboard at all costs. You can play legato with a pencil. Stric
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai F-30 pedal => original part, warranty? by kanadajin @ 09/29/14 10:59 AM

For your info, the F-30 pedal unit that came with my MP11 indeed is identified with a Kawai F-30 label on it. No sign/label of Fatar that I could see. (bar code label only on the underside)
ES100 is approximately 5 inches from bottom (tabletop) to white keytop.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: nostalgic waltzes by DancerJ @ 09/29/14 10:51 AM

What do you think about these?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ 09/29/14 10:31 AM

8 Octaves, congratulations on your exam result, fantastic! Silver Keys, Fur Elise is an excellent accomplishment after such a relatively short term playing. SwissMS, sounds like the piano party was excellent, and great idea to trial run for the exam
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting piano picture... by Retsacnal @ 09/29/14 10:31 AM

Now that I look at it in the light of day, it does seem to have been cut to fit, either in real life or in a graphics program. Jean Claude, my M looks just like that!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fun Fugue Favorite Fiesta by kobethuy @ 09/29/14 10:25 AM

No 22 Bbm WTC II No 1 C WTC I No 2 Cm WTC I Contrapunctus 9 ... and many more
Jump to new posts Re: Saw this today... by UnrightTooner @ 09/29/14 10:24 AM

When I was at the ruins of Pompeii I talked to an archaeologist who had some students with him. The subject of graffiti cam up. He said there is an entire specialty on just that. Boys would write on their walls about their favorite gladiators. I gues
Jump to new posts Kawai F-30 pedal => original part, warranty? by Banshee @ 09/29/14 10:21 AM

Dear all, a question maybe to be answered by Kawai staff: Today I received my purchased Kawai F-30 part. After unboxing I was surprised a bit not to find any Kawai label whatsoever, no Kawai indication on the box or the pedal itself. Basically I r
Jump to new posts Re: Need a Hale Speed Hammer by UnrightTooner @ 09/29/14 10:14 AM

You can have my Hale speed hammer when you pry it out of my cold, dead hand! (But if I had two, I would send you one. ) The balance, "speed" part is when you tune grands. It saves on the wrist, but not the shoulder. But there is a time an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Fun Fugue Favorite Fiesta by Lorenzoid @ 09/29/14 10:13 AM

Recently I've been listening to/playing a lot of fugues and I'm looking to expand my playing. What fugues do you like most? Mine currently is No. 9 in E in WTC II (Bachster).
Piano Teachers Forum
[quote=OP]One is a level 9 song the other two are levels 6 and 7[/quote] Dear OP: I am a CM teacher. I believe that out of three songs, one has to be from the syllabus at level 3. The rest of two can be higher level. Check with your teacher.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading and large intervals by keystring @ 09/29/14 10:09 AM

Sometimes we play intervals, and sometimes we play notes. I don't think I'd consider intervals of anything larger than an octave. You seem to have the common misperception that it is wrong to look at keyboard. The actual thing that "rule"
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CN35 by peterws @ 09/29/14 10:08 AM

You'll be glad to know the two old ladies will be telling everybody who'll listen (in welsh of course) about their CN34 for many years yet. They'll never worry or even know about an upgrade.. . .funny thing about Welsh folk. They always seem to know
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by Karl Watson @ 09/29/14 10:06 AM

Dear forum members: Not wishing to offend anyone's brutal sensibility masquerading as "who, me ?, I'm Mr. Nice Guy" - this matter of Marty leaving us has gone by without anyone "taking the rap." Oh, he's gone. Pity. It's happe
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Krome, Roland FA-08 or Yamaha MOXF8? by anotherscott @ 09/29/14 09:57 AM

No aftertouch on any of the models you're comparing. The only 88 workstation in that price range with aftertouch is the Kurzweil PC3LE8. But it looks like that's being phased out and is getting harder to find. Also, unfortunately, it is not a lightwe
Hi, rxd, I said on most pianos trying to have one string UC put the edge of the hammer under the next tone, if the instrument is large, the date between the unison may allow that. But with a 13mm 13.5 spacing as in theble it may not be possible.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Millennium III action by Berlicum @ 09/29/14 09:39 AM

Ah, I see. So the rear edge of the jack must be on proper alignment with the rear edge of the nuckle core, as usual. In that case I think the white stripe isn't necessery at all (for technicians with good eyes),because I never saw this sort of demarc
According to the patent, the metal used for the capo inserts is case-hardened steel, but brass-plated. I wonder whether the plating would wear through over the years, leading to direct contact between steel and steel.
Jump to new posts Kawai KDP90 or Casio Privia PX-850 by Giancarlo Robles @ 09/29/14 09:35 AM

After showing my uncle my Privia PX-350, he told me he wanted to purchase a cabinet-style digital piano as soon as possible for his home. I showed him all the Privia cabinets and the Kawai lower ends and we narrowed down the choices to the KDP90 and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conservatory Auditions by Francisco Scalco @ 09/29/14 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By: boo1234You do realize you'll be facing competition from kids like the one in this thread: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2332007 I don't think your repertoire is strong enough for the schools you listed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Painful right wrist by EP @ 09/29/14 09:25 AM

I'd be sure and get an X-ray (I see you've got an doctor's appt. so of course his/her recommendations are the ones to follow). I say this because I once had a wrist injury (I never knew exactly when it happened) but I had a broken metacarpal bone tha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: nostalgic waltzes by Francisco Scalco @ 09/29/14 09:14 AM

La plus que lente? Don't know if that's what you're after, but it's a lovely piece. Also,I can't refrain from mentioning Ravel's last Valse from valses nobles et sentimentales, although that obviously only works with the other 7. That would be the pe
Page 34 of 94 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 93 94 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
NAMM 2015 - Are You Booked??
by Piano World
16 minutes 15 seconds ago
Music stores in Boston
by Jamie_from_Canada
Today at 09:39 AM
Need a stool of some kind
by GeorgeStorm
Today at 09:19 AM
Schoenberg's Kammersymphonie Op. 9 (for piano)
by jeffreyjones
Today at 08:48 AM
Old Schumann Upright
by UnrightTooner
Today at 08:24 AM
Who's Online
151 registered (36251, alans, ajames, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1685 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76389 Members
42 Forums
157920 Topics
2319258 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission