Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (Al LaPorte, 36251, Adrien, Alan F, 255, aesop, 27 invisible), 1289 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ 04/26/15 12:25 AM

Crocus - It's a family site, so, yeah, it does that. It makes it funny to read colloquialisms like yours, since what you did isn't really swearing (at least to me) but of course the software isn't smart enough to know that.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings by pv88 @ 04/26/15 12:22 AM

@AllanH, Glad to know that you like what you hear in the CLP-585 and you will want to buy what you think is best in the sounds and action when comparing the CLP-585 to the Kawai CA97. I have already previously traded in a Kawai CA95 that ultimately
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music name by scmay @ 04/26/15 12:10 AM

Yes, you shouldn't need to download, not too sure why Tindeck is not loading for you guys it should just play the music. Can you provide me a bit more details and I will feedback to the Tindeck admin guys? (browser: Chrome/IE/Firefox, OS:Mac/Windows)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Malcolm Love by lavadisco @ 04/26/15 12:05 AM

Any of you ever heard of Malcolm Love pianos? My grandmother had one that was given to her as a 10th wedding anniversary gift. She let all the grandkids bang on it for fun, which I did more than anybody else, so she left it to me in her will. I have
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by 8 Octaves @ 04/26/15 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By Stubbie Never open the main lid of your piano without first opening the front fly-lid. The hinges between fly-lid and main lid are not designed to hold the weight of the front lid like this and may break.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by keystring @ 04/25/15 11:46 PM

I'm not sure if this was in answer to my question.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Furtwangler @ 04/25/15 11:36 PM

For those who may be interested, here is an example of a familiar piece being performed on a beautiful Sauter Omega:
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-gluing Ivory Key Top by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/25/15 11:36 PM

It curled up because the moisture in the glue caused the ivory to swell along the glue contact line and thus the curl is formed. Get someone who knows how to work with ivory. It can possibly be saved if the top is completely removed and soaked clean,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano bench Reccomendations by WhoDwaldi @ 04/25/15 11:35 PM

When I accompanied for voice students' lessons, the teachers almost always had "alternative seating." Some office chairs are surprisingly good, unless they have arms! (Then you have to push them waaaaay back and sit on the edge of the seat.
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by pv88 @ 04/25/15 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceOriginally Posted By Kawai JamesNo Steve, I believe he sold the CLP-990 to buy the CA95. Cheers, James x Oh yes, that's right. If I remember correctly the advantage of the CA-95 was that all possible maintenance and ad
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by winston9t4 @ 04/25/15 11:23 PM

We went by several stores today, including NW Pianos. Just a follow-up on the Sauter Omega, my wife was very impressed by it. I thought it sounded great as well, so maybe it was the prepping issue. I would give it another chance if you are ever by a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by teelions @ 04/25/15 11:15 PM

We're on Light & Blue. I know the piece by heart but at the lesson my fingers occasionally tripped on some of the patterns (around measure 9) so it is these that I practice over the week to the next lesson. After playing these passages about 50
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by 8 Octaves @ 04/25/15 11:12 PM

Wonderful! Hope this fantastic instrument inspires you for years and years to come.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By PolyphonistAre we going to need a Chopin Competition Megathread like we had for the 2013 Cliburn? When the time comes, sure.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by rnaple @ 04/25/15 10:55 PM

Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M? by Retsacnal @ 04/25/15 10:52 PM

Oh, and regarding the price I paid, I'll admit that I got a little bit lucky. The one I looked at for $4500 was certainly worth the asking price. I just got lucky and came across someone who didn't want to wait and wait and wait to sell their piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by pv88 @ 04/25/15 10:52 PM

@James, Are you reading my posts? What you told Steve above is not correct as I never sold my CLP-990M. Have previously mentioned in this forum that I would never be selling or trading in the CLP-990M considering all the trouble I went through to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M? by Retsacnal @ 04/25/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By CerecitaThank you for your thoughts. Nice price on that piano and a nice story too! I have not been able to find any in that range -- and many that are older go for more. You mention quality issues during this time frame -- how d
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 04/25/15 10:48 PM

There appears to be a certain confusion of language here. Iori translated a fictional work published in Germany in German .... into Japanese and hopes it might be made into a movie and then he would provide the music for the Concerto ... which
Jump to new posts Re: New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings by AllanH @ 04/25/15 10:35 PM

pv88, thank you for the recordings. Your playing and choice of music really shows off the depth of the instrument(s). I'm down to focusing on a Kawai CA97 and a Clavinova 585 for our new DP. I have the Garritan CFX, but the 585 is definitely differen
Piano Forum
Little sidebar here about cheese and doughnuts... When I still lived in Switzerland, there was a hilarious book called "The Xenophobe's Guide to the Swiss." There was actually a large set, and most every country was represented. The iron
Piano Forum
I have a 1902 V with newer Ronsen hammers and strings from about 1970. It has the original action. It sounds and feels lovely. I suspect that your feelings about this piano will depend upon your preferred repertoire. I think they are ethereal but n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Crocus @ 04/25/15 10:29 PM

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !! I've just read the post I made a few minutes ago, posting "Over the Rainbow" and a word I used ( a four-letter word that signifies the opposite of "heaven") has been CHANGED, automatically, one assumes, to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Zerlina @ 04/25/15 10:27 PM

I would like to join the merry MOYD throng and commit to daily practice. Count me in! I am going away Memorial Day weekend (May 23rd - 25th.)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Crocus @ 04/25/15 10:25 PM

Page 34 of 99 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 98 99 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Simple Music
by Rogerx
04/28/15 08:24 AM
Jazz and Latin transcriptions
by Adrien
04/28/15 07:53 AM
My CA97 has arrived - issue?
by tabber
04/28/15 07:48 AM
Pearl River upright
by PhilipInChina
04/28/15 06:38 AM
Eisteddfod in 4 days... I think I have RSI
by AtomicBond
04/28/15 06:09 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,075 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,611 Topics
2,400,595 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission