Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
169 registered (accordeur, Achilleas, A-Tom, A Guy, 41 invisible), 2036 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music on iPad by MarieJ @ 11/22/14 08:03 AM

I posted a few weeks ago in this forum about my first week using forScore and Genius Scan on my new iPad - you may like to check out that thread. Since then I've used the app extensively and I'm discovering more and more features to appreciate. A re
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: BrianDXHey, who needs an alarm system when you have wolves? I thought you had pussycats, Brian!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by scorpio @ 11/22/14 07:44 AM

I usually don't practice with headphones. But last night I needed to "silent" practice. So I plugged in, and all I heard was the left channel. The right channel was completely silent. I changed the headphone adapter, just to make sure,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music on iPad by newbert @ 11/22/14 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoit's rumored that apple will be coming out with a larger screen "iPad Pro" sometime this next year. The regular iPad is just a bit cramped for playing scores, but one a bit larger will be perfect. Agree
Piano Forum
Hey, who needs an alarm system when you have wolves?
Adult Beginners Forum
During the week, most of the time. Other times my wife gets the grand, and I play "cat catcher" as one of our cats tried to jump into my wife's arms while playing!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by ando @ 11/22/14 07:22 AM

You will get what you negotiate. Usually if you say nothing, you'll get a tuning and not much more. But it's a discussion you really should have with your dealer just so you know what you are getting with the deal and what you aren't. Congratulations
Originally Posted By: Daniel RichterFix a few bugs like pedal not really sustaining after double-press of notes, and a few others bugs That bug is in all Kawai DPs, even in the high end ones. Quote:I would prefer key action feel a bit heavier (only a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: That upweight/downweight ratio by Jon Page @ 11/22/14 07:15 AM

Thinking in terms of ratios: 2/1, 5/2 is the wrong way to go about it. Think in terms of Balance Weight (BW) and Friction (F). (DW + UW)/2 = BW (DW - UW)/2 = F A touch weight of Downweight/Upweight = 50/20 would have a BW = 35 and F= 15. This is spe
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone got any thoughts on the Yamaha Motif XF8? by Vijay '82 @ 11/22/14 07:09 AM

Any further thoughts, guys? I've nearly made up my mind that I'm going to get one.... Anything I should be aware of? I.e. anything "not so good" about the XF8?
Jump to new posts Re: Some keys are much louder than others in Yamaha nu1 by Alan_Dublin @ 11/22/14 07:09 AM

Hi Spanishb, The store where I got my faulty NU1 suggested the problem was caused by swollen felts under the keys as mentioned above. This happens on acoustic pianos too and is caused by excessive moisture. I think the design of the NU1 ,being a com
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Plate crack by Johnkie @ 11/22/14 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SemeiHow much was it below pitch? That is quite a relevant question in deciding whether there is any real reason to be wary about the structural integrity of the frame. In my experience, I have never worried about keeping the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts What should dealer prep include by pinkfloydhomer @ 11/22/14 06:58 AM

I am considering buying a Ritmüller GH148R, GH160R or GH170R from my local dealer here in Denmark, Europe. I have never owned or bought a grand piano before, let alone a new one. What kind of dealer prep should I expect? Should the dealer regulate
Jump to new posts Re: Some keys are much louder than others in Yamaha nu1 by Alan_Dublin @ 11/22/14 06:47 AM

Hi speedm, These pianos come with a 5 year extended warranty if you register it online, so I hope you have. When I returned mine they suggested the problem was caused by swollen felts under the keys, so if you press they keys down pushing to the sid
Piano Forum
lo and behold, to anyone that thinks they can trespass anyones personal space and place, the consequences will bury you wolves shall hunt you and other wild animals shall capture you and eat you
Rip-off Britain!! We're still begin charged £199 for this shot-in-the-dark sample library, there's even one outfit asking for £232=$364! The best thing about such a daft price is it expunges all curiosity putting me totally beyond temptation. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: OklabeccaThis was what decided me. (...) ... a NO CANCELLATION policy. That's a whole lot stricter than my teacher's policy. If I give her a week's notice, the lesson is cancelled and there's no fee. If I give under a week's n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 11/22/14 06:23 AM

"The beatiful thing in playing the piano is that always you can improve." Dunno about thart . . . I`m trying to hang on to what I`ve got . . . .Wife just says I`m trying . . . very . . 58 TX-Bluebonnet Linda Fantastic job for 5 months
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Honky Tonk Train by dire tonic @ 11/22/14 06:16 AM

Nice! There's a complete library of licks in there - really well played!. Liked the false ending. I was trying to remember who it was from years ago - I think it was on a big band recording - who called for "one more one more time!..",
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: Johan BOriginally Posted By: BrianDXSince my wife and I are both taking lessons right now from the same teacher using similar lesson books, we hear everything the other one is playing! Not to wor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with these music sheet symbols by Johan B @ 11/22/14 05:47 AM

It's just an arpeggio..........play the note quickly apart from bottom to top......and hold every note Good luck Johan B
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean up the mess on the piano by Johan B @ 11/22/14 05:41 AM

Originally Posted By: TararexOriginally Posted By: bluebillyOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneNot like this picture I found online.... At first I thought that was my house, but I haven't got a grand piano. Same initial thoughts here, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a returner by Johan B @ 11/22/14 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenMy own bias: . . . Violin is _really hard_ compared to piano. To quote one violinist: . . . "Piano is easy -- you push a button, and a note comes out!" If you really love it, nothing else will do. If
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ever write music? by Markarian @ 11/22/14 05:32 AM

So, I feel compelled to weigh in here. I have been playing the piano since I was 9 and am mostly self-taught, but right around High School I got it in my head that I wasn't a real musician unless I was focused on writing my own material. Now that I a
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: RerunHere's one by Sally DeFord you don't hear often: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgSUQmF8tZ8 ... and the sheet music: http://freeldssheetmusic.org/s/The-Cold-December-by-Sally-Deford Nice you posted the music and the s
Page 34 of 110 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 109 110 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I don't feel challenged...am I moving too fast?
by Guitar&Piano
38 minutes 56 seconds ago
advice about the right choice
by Achilleas
55 minutes 29 seconds ago
Will smaller monitor speakers limit the low end of a DP?
by Giancarlo Robles
Today at 03:37 PM
Thoughts on Sound Imagination and Tone production
by music32
Today at 02:02 PM
The DGX 650 Club
by beebop
Today at 01:13 PM
Forum Stats
77031 Members
42 Forums
159320 Topics
2340354 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission