Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
146 registered (agraffe, Alex2018, 36251, ajames, agent8698, 36 invisible), 2422 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by huaidongxi @ 01/14/17 09:03 PM

many of the 'baby boomers' (born 1944-1964) had inexpensive piano lessons from what we would now call 'semi professional' instructors -- educators or 'church ladies' whose main source of income was not teaching piano. are piano lessons still as acce
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by BrianDX @ 01/14/17 08:53 PM

As an adult student I find this forum very interesting to see things from a teacher's point-of-view. The only downside is to read how some teachers refer to some of their students in a negative almost mocking sort of way. Maybe most teachers do this
Adult Beginners Forum
On average I'd say 10:1 (10 hours practice per week, and an hour lesson). Some weeks it's more like 7:1, although this week it's more like 15:1 (I'm trying really hard to learn all three movements of the Clementi Sonatina; 7 pages in all, very hard
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Duplex Scale? by drewr @ 01/14/17 08:47 PM

Peter, Roland - Duplex Scale, yes, present on HP508 and is among several parameters customizable via PianoDesigner menu that can adjust from 0 (off) to 10(max) and if I recall correctly, factory default is 5. A nice feature of Piano Designer is a de
Jump to new posts Re: Noob questions about piano software and modelling by minstrelman @ 01/14/17 08:25 PM

I'm an amateur. but I love to play piano. I pretty much only play through headphones. I can tell you one thing. if I knew then, what I know now, I would buy Garritan CFX and The Hammersmith. immediately, if not sooner. I really like them both. alot.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ 01/14/17 08:25 PM

Thanks again, you guys. I'm off to dance -
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: making piano hammers lighter (Ed McMorrow?) by Phil Stewart @ 01/14/17 08:22 PM

Bernard Mollberg has a tapering jig that uses a spring to hold the hammer tightly for use on the table saw. He tapers all of his hammers after they are hung. I've used a similar jig but found it was safer and easier to freehand them on a disc sander.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diapason 64 key mini piano by Cassia @ 01/14/17 08:13 PM

Then it sounds like a perfect option for you. Incidentally, I bought my first grand from a shop that offers a full trade-in guarantee and I've used that guarantee twice (most recently when I bought my new Yamaha). I've seen people refer to it as a gi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Played one? by Jolly @ 01/14/17 08:13 PM

http://www.pfeiffer-pianos.com/en/home
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by BruceD @ 01/14/17 08:13 PM

Thank you, all, for your kind and supportive words! Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to read music by AprilE @ 01/14/17 08:12 PM

Wayne, I appreciate you having raised the topic of reading. I took lessons for a couple of years as a child and then started again with lessons almost two years ago (sixty years later). I find my progress with reading frustratingly slow. I know part
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diapason 64 key mini piano by obhowardmusic @ 01/14/17 07:56 PM

Well it's not exactly straightforward. I am a musician in a folk band, and I also own a custom music house (TV Commercials, scoring, jingles, etc). I live in a second floor apartment, so I was looking for something compact to rehearse on at home, a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by pianoloverus @ 01/14/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By BosendorffOriginally Posted By pianoloverusBut young people will work incredibly hard at sports or chess or dramatics or school clubs or school studies(sometimes), etc. And, I assume, distractions like TV and video games are very
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by Bob @ 01/14/17 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By Retsacnal 1980 was a turning point Piano sales don't equate into the number of people practicing. The drop in per capita piano sales partially represents a mature market overstocked with pianos built over the last 100 years.
Pianist Corner
As I grow more musically sophisticated, even the simplest pieces become harder to play.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diapason 64 key mini piano by Cassia @ 01/14/17 07:45 PM

What's your piano background? Is there a reason you're interested in a 64 key piano instead of a standard 88 key piano? 64 keys is very limiting and $1000 seems like a steep price to pay.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diapason 64 key mini piano by obhowardmusic @ 01/14/17 07:41 PM

thanks, sorry! This link should work. I posted it to twitter for the purpose of showing you guys here, haha. https://twitter.com/obhowardmusic/status/820430119634345985
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with arpeggios ? by earlofmar @ 01/14/17 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By Oreki I have problem hiting those keys I make a lot of mistakes and lose tempo all the time. Maybe my fingering is wrong. fingering of arpeggios is readily available such as here As a beginner I found arpeggios quite diffic
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By AlmavivaI realize that an upright piano would present no problem in such a room, but an upright does not sound the same as a grand, nor does the action feel the same.Because of the size of your room and mostly because it's closed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Stubbie @ 01/14/17 07:35 PM

Cathy, Happy Birthday! Kudos to you for getting out there and playing, and playing the music your audience wants to hear and that you yourself enjoy as well. No practice for me this week. I was out of state, visiting my mother (who will soon be 9
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Thanks everyone, for the good advice. Yes, the strings are quite green and very dull - worse than tubby - to play. I think in this case, to replace them will be the better option and probably no more expensive than the process of cleaning given they
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maximum size of grand piano to be used in 11 x 11 room by Keith D Kerman @ 01/14/17 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By BosendorffIMHO there are quite decent sounding baby grands up to 5'4". Or even more, if you don't mind looking for a darker sounding piano. And as I mentioned earlier, action regulation and other things can help. There are
Piano Forum
IMHO there are quite decent sounding baby grands up to 5'4". Or even more, if you don't mind looking for a darker sounding piano. And as I mentioned earlier, action regulation and other things can help. There are also alternatives (just kidding
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by ChatNoir @ 01/14/17 07:25 PM

In Scandinavia, we used to have four classes of people: Those with piano and education. Those with piano, but no education. Those with education, but no piano. Those with neither piano, nor education. Luckily, I grew up with both.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Hwtele @ 01/14/17 07:23 PM

👆Thank you. We thought so as well. Plus the dealer got a chance to move inventory about to be updated and made a couple of customers happy.
Page 34 of 99 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 98 99 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sampled vs. Modeled...
by polo1
Today at 12:24 PM
"Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland?
by polo1
Today at 12:16 PM
any pre NAMM rumors?
by Dave Horne
Today at 11:45 AM
Pianists Planning a Holiday in Paris?
by Polytrops
Today at 10:56 AM
Weighted keys on CLP535 and CN35
by Ammar956
Today at 10:52 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,269 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,814 Topics
2,589,233 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission