Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
84 registered (anotherpianoplayer, augustm, anais77, accordeur, 18 invisible), 975 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: What monitors do you use with your MP11? by Dan Clark @ 03/30/15 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By Dan ClarkMorodiene, I have a slightly different view. I have two KRK Rokit5's plus the Rokit 10" sub-woofer. The sound is decent, but if I were to do it over, I'd make two changes. First, I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- another short story by Jytte @ 03/30/15 11:15 AM

Loved it
Originally Posted By emeneltonOriginally Posted By dire tonic? It's showing 2ms latency to the beginning of the waveform though the first millisec isn't going to be audible (the first few are questionable). Running the same test for Ivory shows les
Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By anotherscott Back to the test, I am curious about what it is we're seeing that is "quiet" before the "meat" of the sound appears in each sample.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- another short story by PhilipInChina @ 03/30/15 11:08 AM

Glad you liked it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Legato by joe80 @ 03/30/15 11:08 AM

you're welcome. I always try to play legato without pedal first, unless I'm aiming for a particular tone.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing down a piano by joe80 @ 03/30/15 11:07 AM

Hi Lewis, Toning down a piano can increase the dynamic range if done properly. I have found on my piano (that has been voiced very mellow) that the voicing is deceptive. At first it feels like there is no tone at all, and then gradually you get into
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to play by ear correctly, how to improvise by Aceituna @ 03/30/15 11:06 AM

I tried before. I don't find any store. It seems really hard to get.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401 or Kawai CN25 ? by lophiomys @ 03/30/15 11:06 AM

Why not let your daughter try them out? To compare guaranty and repair conditions would also be a good indication of product quality.
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by Fscotte @ 03/30/15 11:03 AM

I understand all the terms from Synthogy. It's not that I do not care, but I simply do not want/need/use the product anymore. Nor will I in the future. The bottom line is that the i-Lok works, the software will install to your computer, and you'
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by OneWatt @ 03/30/15 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By Pete14What if the license is simply loaned -not sold- to the end user for educational purposes, and in return the lawful owner of the license gets a small donation in the amount of $100.00 for his -yet to be determined- foundatio
Jump to new posts Roland RP401 or Kawai CN25 ? by Nitran @ 03/30/15 11:02 AM

I have a dilemma. I want to buy a digital piano for my nine year daughter. After browsing the web finally I restricted myself to Roland RP401 and Kawai CN25. Both are very nice regarding to the value for the price. One day wins Roland and another Kaw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Campanella12 @ 03/30/15 10:58 AM

At Ando: You are right that there were significant changes made to Petrof instruments. But these changes were meant to recapture Petrof’s original heritage before becoming a nationalized company. As you are aware the national jewel that was Petro
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: book recommendation... by Entheo @ 03/30/15 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By gooddogI too read Swafford's "Brahms" and found it scholarly and fascinating. I especially appreciated his unbiased coverage of the relationship between Clara Schumann and Brahms. He stayed with the evidence, (or lack t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach-Busoni Ich ruf' zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ BWV 639 by Michael Sayers @ 03/30/15 10:57 AM

Just a run through. This probably is the most conventional sounding recording I've posted online. I'll hold off for a while on starting more threads here. Very soon here then will be up close and personal recordings with that 1940 N.Y. Steinway D
Jump to new posts Voicing down a piano by lewisk1811 @ 03/30/15 10:57 AM

Hello everyone! I have an 1879 Schiedmayer 6' grand, but in a very small room, with wooden flooring. As a result the piano is extremely loud, which is rather a big problem for me as I have to practise for at least 2 hours a day, and it is starting t
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by bkw58 @ 03/30/15 10:56 AM

Because there's one of these born every minute.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to play by ear correctly, how to improvise by UKIkarus @ 03/30/15 10:55 AM

Hi Aceituna, The ISBN is 9780953052813 if you pop that into google you will find plenty of stores listing this book It does seem however that the print is discontinued so finding a seller may be tough, will get back to you on this, it is likely th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How to play by ear correctly, how to improvise by Aceituna @ 03/30/15 10:53 AM

Hi all, I'm looking for the book (recommended by Bernhard at pianostreet): Colin Aston – How to play by ear correctly, how to improvise and compose music I don't find it at any store. Please, could anybody help me to find it? Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted By dire tonic? It's showing 2ms latency to the beginning of the waveform though the first millisec isn't going to be audible (the first few are questionable). Running the same test for Ivory shows less than 0.5ms latency and it ki
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D by Pete14 @ 03/30/15 10:48 AM

What if the license is simply loaned -not sold- to the end user for educational purposes, and in return the lawful owner of the license gets a small donation in the amount of $100.00 for his -yet to be determined- foundation.
Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By anotherscott Back to the test, I am curious about what it is we're seeing that is "quiet" before the "meat" of the sound appears in each sample. It would be interesting to hear a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- another short story by chopinoholic @ 03/30/15 10:43 AM

Nice story! Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: About a ddr bluthner's screwed up bridge pin... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 03/30/15 10:41 AM

The original aliquot design used little bridge agraffes for the highest aliquot strings, this weakens the bridge. Also the extra mass of the the extra string and the aliquot agraffes make the treble tone "thinner". The contemporary aliquo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by ando @ 03/30/15 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By Campanella12 Petrof is a purist piano in this regard and will not deviate from its path. Some might argue that Petrof has already deviated from its path by dropping its roman numeral series, which had their own unique charm w
Page 34 of 113 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 112 113 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Playing notes at the same time
by Badinage
3 minutes 39 seconds ago
Roland DP90e / DP90se vs F130r
by markalien
16 minutes 55 seconds ago
Romantic era pieces (for beginners to intermediates)
by Dave Androos
Today at 04:23 AM
What happened to Polyphonist?
by JoelW
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Sohmer Upright piano model 34A
by dbf
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,899 Topics
2,391,010 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission