Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
90 registered (AZ_Astro, bboris77, accordeur, 23 invisible), 2091 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By BDBHandle it the way that you would handle any alligator: Tie the jaws shut first! In Florida, we just walk or kayak past them. The smaller ones (less than 6 feet) usually jump in the water and swim away. The larger ones s
Pianist Corner
This iPad Pro review by a conductor is nevertheless helpful to us pianists. https://youtu.be/deZflQRm39k
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Antonín Petrof by Retsacnal @ 02/23/17 10:16 PM

Does anyone know if these instruments were presented at the Frankfurt Musikmesse or the Shanghai Music Expo? I was poking around the website a bit more, and see that it says that the "ANT. PETROF 275...is the PETROF company flagship. The eyes o
Pianist Corner
I think you are putting too much strain on yourself when thinking about compensating for lost years...you cannot really if you are not a full time piano student. You live in the present and you have what you have when it comes to time. Perfecting pie
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: RD-2000 or CP4? by Macsaint777 @ 02/23/17 10:04 PM

Just a quick response earlier, but I wanted to take the time to properly respond to Dave Ferris since he gave such a detailed response to me. The fact that you speak so highly of the RD-2000 based on your short time with headphones that are very ba
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Stubbie @ 02/23/17 10:03 PM

I read it about a year ago. It was good but not great, imo, maybe a 3.5 on a scale of 1-5. I'm thinking there was probably some fuzziness in the line separating non-fiction and fiction.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GL50 versus Yamaha C3X by Stubbie @ 02/23/17 09:57 PM

I am not a piano technician, so this falls under opinion. Which is better in terms of durability, wood or plastic, can't be answered yet, as the plastic technology is relatively new. That will be answered down the road, after the pianos have been
Adult Beginners Forum
Fingerings are always personal because hand shapes and sizes differ so much. With baroque pieces I find some printed fingerings incomprehensible, but I guess they work for larger hands and of course the keyboards were smaller and lighter to play at t
Originally Posted By hag01Kawai James, do you know if I can put the M-Audio Axiom 25 on the VPC1? Its depth is longer than the surface of the VPC1, but it doesn't necessarily mean it can't be put on the VPC1, as the NI Kontrol S25 can. http://www.m-a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand position by outo @ 02/23/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_us...and one of the things that will injure you is the pressure on the nail joint whilst it's broken in. Really? Do you have some source on that? I'd say it's much more common to get injury from obsessively curling th
Jump to new posts Re: Best Way to Clean an Old Antique Alligator Finish? by Rick_Parks @ 02/23/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By HelloMrZebraI bought it from schaff. Ill test it out tonight and take pictures. My brother refinishes the pianos... He says 1920 would be almost positively shellac (as lacquer didn't come into wide use until the 30's)...To test
Jump to new posts Re: CLP545 vs HP603 vs CA17 by Kawai James @ 02/23/17 09:44 PM

UncleTomCobbly, welcome to the forum! As others have noted, it's strongly recommended to visit some piano dealers in order to play-test these pianos. The three you have shortlist are all good instruments, it's perhaps worth noting that the CA17 (an
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 v Roland RD-2000 Help me What to buy by PianoMan51 @ 02/23/17 09:42 PM

Hi M. About a year ago I ended up with both a Nord Piano 2 and a Yamaha CP4. I kept the CP4. I'm mostly a jazz pianist, and the CP4 provides an even, neutral, reasonably realistic sound and feel for me to use for live gigs. And it sounds good throu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where can I find a playable piano in Rio de Janeiro? by Piano_Brazil @ 02/23/17 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By Jess YHi folks, I'm a lifelong casual pianist, and I will be spending a month in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil this June. I don't have a portable instrument I can take with me, so I'm wondering if any of you have been there and/or know
Jump to new posts Re: RD-2000 or CP4? by Kawai James @ 02/23/17 09:33 PM

I'm a big fan of the CP4, perhaps more so the EPs than the APs. I have yet to try the RD-2000, but wasn't bowled over by the RD-800's EPs. The CP4 is an older model, but it's still a great board in my opinion. However, I doubt its MIDI controller
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: April 1, I'm performing in Carnegie Hall (not as a pianist) by Orange Soda King @ 02/23/17 09:31 PM

Here is information about buying tickets, as well as who else will be there. https://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2017/4/1/0600/PM/Gotham-SINGS-Collegiate-Choral-Showcase/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by J Soo @ 02/23/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By Greener 12 J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26) Well, that is quite mitt full of notes. You've done it well. The melody comes out strong and it is a great piece of work. A meager suggestion I thought if yo
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Last person to reply wins by Retsacnal @ 02/23/17 09:20 PM

I win!
Jump to new posts Re: Best Way to Clean an Old Antique Alligator Finish? by Steven Bolstridge @ 02/23/17 09:20 PM

Thoroughly clean, rinse, and dry the surface with Murphy's soap. Wipe it down with methanol, then brush, or preferably rub on a light coating of shellac. You might be surprised
Jump to new posts Re: Client database ideas? (Need some experienced input) by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/23/17 09:19 PM

"I never understood it: since it appears to be nothing but lines and lines of nothing but ALGEBRA!" LOL. You do bring up a good point about privacy, and possibly the biggest reason why these types of services aren't more successful.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Kawai James @ 02/23/17 09:13 PM

Kawai America Product Video Nice playing on the SK-EX piece. Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest piano work by nationality by Polyphonist @ 02/23/17 09:13 PM

How about German? (Prepare for war.)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by john f @ 02/23/17 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By john fNahum, I appreciate your help, however, you are way over my head. Can you explain this in layman's terms or in a simpler way. John, please - what exactly you haven't understood? I do not underst
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Ghost Cruise & Lighthouse Tour - Aug 19 - Rye NH by Retsacnal @ 02/23/17 09:10 PM

So, did you go? Looks like it was quite a while ago...I don't get into this sub forum very often. I always enjoy ghost walks and tours in old cities.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: iPad Pro & Forscore - your experience/recommendations? by TwoSnowflakes @ 02/23/17 09:10 PM

Another vote for iPad Pro + ForScore!
Page 34 of 86 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 85 86 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Another recital story
by sara elizabeth
02/26/17 09:15 PM
carpet saver
by David Farley
02/26/17 05:16 PM
George Steck Price?? Help me please
by Carmen92
02/26/17 05:05 PM
Introduction
by Lihp
02/26/17 03:35 PM
Baldwin monarch serial number 349779
by Ellie!!!!!
02/26/17 03:18 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,812 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,735 Topics
2,602,126 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission