Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (anamnesis, ando, AprilE, AndrewJCW, anotherscott, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1336 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Just thought I'd update you all because I'm getting a lot of advice, all of which I've considered before. First off, they didn't email me so I didn't show up on Thursday for the lesson (and neither did they) so the makeup that I offered was a moot p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 07/04/15 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By Emanuel RavelliOriginally Posted By da96103This leads me to a question. If you are a cellist and you are traveling by plane for a tour. You buy an air ticket for your cello. (Because cellist do not check-in their cello, the cello
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing two-beat triplet over eighth notes by Nahum @ 07/04/15 12:06 AM

PianogrlNW , what exactly you don't understand?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A different recital by ShiroKuro @ 07/04/15 12:02 AM

They did a great job!! And playing with others, whether it's instruments or vocals or both, is not easy and is a separate skill from playing by yourself. They obviously worked really hard!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Mark_C @ 07/03/15 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By da96103This leads me to a question. If you are a cellist and you are traveling by plane for a tour. You buy an air ticket for your cello. (Because cellist do not check-in their cello, the cello is carry on and placed on the seat.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Mark_C @ 07/03/15 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By da96103....Florence Foster Jenkins massacred this. Meryl Streep will play her in her biopic next year. Can't wait for it. Hey, thanks for this heads-up! I hadn't known of this. I can't wait either. Meryl Streep seems to have don
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by Isabelle1949 @ 07/03/15 11:45 PM

Indigo Dave, enjoyed your music on Sound Cloud. Do you play professionally?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano tech life before cell phones by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/03/15 11:36 PM

It also was a much stronger market. If you were good you could command a high price. The digitals and weakened middle class has hollowed out the piano service market and many, many other markets as well.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Emanuel Ravelli @ 07/03/15 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By da96103This leads me to a question. If you are a cellist and you are traveling by plane for a tour. You buy an air ticket for your cello. (Because cellist do not check-in their cello, the cello is carry on and placed on the seat.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/03/15 11:32 PM

Since a Non-Disclosure Agreement is a private contract-Tort Law would apply. The litigant would have to prove monetary damages to get compensation. Not easy to do for a dealer but could be used as grounds to void warranty.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by S.H.Lee @ 07/03/15 11:06 PM

Dear Kurt & johnlewisgrant : Sure Test #012 is too much reverb, just my first testing of effect. But it's so fun,imagine you are in the concert hall and playing the grand piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
I play mostly pop music from the 30s and 40s (GAS). I tried playing from fake books and my results were awful; RH single note melody and LH chords or 1-5/7 octaves. Really bad. I bought books on how to play from fake books and tried spicing my fa
Piano Teachers Forum
Thank you, Peter.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by MiguelSousa @ 07/03/15 10:37 PM

Hi! I am 26 and I have just finished a master degree at CMU, in Michigan.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by MiguelSousa @ 07/03/15 10:36 PM

Thank you for help!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Debargue by ChopinAddict @ 07/03/15 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By FarmGirl I love his Medtner. I agree. It's outstanding.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By rocket88 You may be the only adult in their life who has ongoing contact one-on-one with them who is not part of the chaos. If you as a music teacher are kind to them, that is what they will remember, making a bright spot in the
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve PetersonOriginally Posted By backto_study_pianoOriginally Posted By Steve PetersonAs a buyer, I wouldn't sign one. What do I have to gain by signing a non-disclosure agreement? The dealer is the only winner here. If a de
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MODEL MX100B by JJC @ 07/03/15 10:29 PM

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND A CPU/CONTROLLER UNIT FOR A YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MX100B YAMAHA DOESN'T HAVE THESE PARTS ANYMORE. DONT WANT TO THROW THE PIANO AWAY. EVEN IF SOMEONE HAS THIS MODEL AND IT DOESNT WORK FOR DIFFERENT REASON. MAYBE THEY CAN SELL ME
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Steve Peterson @ 07/03/15 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By backto_study_pianoOriginally Posted By Steve PetersonAs a buyer, I wouldn't sign one. What do I have to gain by signing a non-disclosure agreement? The dealer is the only winner here. If a dealer made it a condition of a sale,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano tech life before cell phones by rtheaux @ 07/03/15 10:16 PM

Bob, he had similar stories. I liked listening.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing two-beat triplet over eighth notes by Andy Platt @ 07/03/15 10:13 PM

In the past the following has helped (besides the rhythmic useful words - they are always good): 1. Play the right hand, then the left, then the right, then the left. Use a metronome only where it won't confuse things with the beat. 2. Just play th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by jazzyprof @ 07/03/15 09:48 PM

I use the PageFlip Cicada. Lightweight, easy to pair with all sorts of devices, several modes of operation. I use it mostly with my Dell XPS 18 all-in-one touchscreen desktop/tablet. http://www.pageflip.com/pageflipCicada.html PageFlip Cicada
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning musc by WhoDwaldi @ 07/03/15 09:37 PM

I've had old, vanquished mistakes worm their way back to the surface during the performance of a revival.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by LookinforDP @ 07/03/15 09:28 PM

havee you seen this vid ? Piano Lesson with an Adult Student: Diminished 7th Arpeggios Shirley Kirsten is it E maj scale ?
Page 34 of 94 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bösendorfer ID Age Please.
by bkw58
07/06/15 07:38 PM
Building up to Clair de Lune
by Cassia
07/06/15 06:51 PM
Chopin Phone Book (Schirmer Ultimate Collection)
by WhoDwaldi
07/06/15 03:55 PM
Steinway's newest, but not for every budget
by leel
07/06/15 03:47 PM
Is this a good rubato? (Rachmaninoff Etude)
by Evaldas
07/06/15 03:23 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,888 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,347 Topics
2,424,599 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission