Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by noobpianist90 @ 08/25/14 12:38 PM

Yes. It's waay too slow. Faster man, faster!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by Michael Sayers @ 08/25/14 12:38 PM

"If you don't think Liszt is awesome . . . " . . . then you are so square and 1790-ish.
Piano Forum
I have a top-notch rebuilt and refinished "O" (rebuilt by Cunningham) including a new soundboard. The price you are being quoted, if the rebuild is of similar quality, is reasonable.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok now what do I do? by BrianDX @ 08/25/14 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoWait, This is a piano forum. I was told that there would be no math. I hate to break it to you; piano IS math!
Piano Forum
This all reminds me of visiting a historic boat in Boston. None of the parts of the boat were original, except for a small piece of wood at the back. From what I've seen so far, newer pianos are better than older ones. Even if the action has bee
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cramer No. 3 by Daffodil123 @ 08/25/14 12:32 PM

Hi Francisco, Thanks for answering! Yes, it is an interpretation with a capital "I," I realize, but I definitely hear what you're saying about it being too slow. I had thought about the metronome at some point too.... Never thought about
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by Saranoya @ 08/25/14 12:20 PM

Is that your idea of a joke? Just in case it isn't: no. Even Andras Schiff, who argues that most people play this movement too slowly, doesn't play it half as fast as that. And by the way, if that's really you playing, then why do you ask?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Moonlight Sonata by Firefinch @ 08/25/14 12:16 PM

Is my playing too slow?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai USA customer service - an appreciation by Digital Piano @ 08/25/14 12:16 PM

Let me share with you my personal experience with Kawai digital pianos and technical support. Many Kawai digital pianos have the following defect: There is a clear vibration (or bassy echo) only in the left ear of the headphones (and left speaker) w
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Karl WatsonOn the subject of possibilities, I make it a firm policy to NEVER buy on impulse, with two exceptions: neckties and pianos. I think one knows and knows immediately what is best. Your piano must be a "love at f
Jump to new posts RECURRING DEFECT IN KAWAI DIGITAL PIANOS by Digital Piano @ 08/25/14 12:12 PM

Many Kawai digital pianos have the following defect: There is a clear vibration (or bassy echo) in the left ear of the headphones (and left speaker) when hitting specific keys; the first key that has this problem is the second F key (the 12th white
Piano Forum
Dear Musicaldentist: There are many who would be delighted to find themselves with 40K to spend on a "new" piano of any kind. Not knowing where you live, it's impossible to suggest a shop close to you. As for myself, I know that if I had
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Large let-off or bubbling by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/25/14 12:05 PM

The advice on weakening damper spring strength should help. Have you tried it?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When do you turn down a potential new student? by Saranoya @ 08/25/14 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: KurtZImmersion Learning* is growing by leaps and bounds here in the United States. That's interesting, Kurt. And it seems to contradict my theory . Although, maybe since the Great Recession, Americans are feeling the pinch too,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by Starr Keys @ 08/25/14 12:03 PM

(Was)TrueBeginner -- I listened to this before reading the description and the first thing that popped into my head was "it's so sad". I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad but so glad you're able to express your pain creatively, as I know
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Masterclass etiquette doubt by Michael Sayers @ 08/25/14 12:01 PM

I realize that this master class is in the past but if you want to get the most possible benefit at the next one there are several ways this can be done. The first time a pianist plays a passage with tremendous accuracy and speed you can chuckle aud
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/25/14 12:00 PM

BDB, What experience do you have with modifying the design of a piano to base your opinion on?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Shimmel grand vs vintage (1930's) rebuilt Steinway O by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/25/14 11:56 AM

Cristofori's original hammers do not hold up very long. When I played the one at the Metropolitan Museum, it did not have original type hammers. (I snuck under the ropes when no one was around and played a little Scarlatti.) This was in the middle 19
Sorry to resurrect an old thread!! We are still in the market, sadly... I'm looking at the following due to availability and pricing of used equipment: Casio PX350 Casio PX-5s Are there any other models to consider if we want to stay below $750 u
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Shimmel grand vs vintage (1930's) rebuilt Steinway O by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/25/14 11:52 AM

Not all the workers in the steinway factory have the same view on every detail that goes into a piano. Workers argue about what is best. At some level of resolution a handmade piano reflects that. The same process goes on in a top rebuilding shop.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Earthquake and its musical framing by LXXXVIIIdentes @ 08/25/14 11:51 AM

never thought of that info - I had always thought I could shelter under the grand to protect myself. Obviously I have not consulted with any engineering friends on the topic! I will look for somewhere else!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Piano Designer iOS app by Jay Roland @ 08/25/14 11:51 AM

Hi Tuneless, I don't know if the roadmap for the app includes the FP-50, but if it comes to fruition, I will post here to let you know. Jay
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok now what do I do? by wimpiano @ 08/25/14 11:49 AM

Tell that to Schönberg.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok now what do I do? by fizikisto @ 08/25/14 11:41 AM

Wait, This is a piano forum. I was told that there would be no math.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How long can this possibly last? by Michael Sayers @ 08/25/14 11:40 AM

That's right. Music can be just a normal part of family life like what I had. A real library and no T.V. or the other distractions that weren't around when I was growing up such as the internet (an exception can be made for Piano World ). Ther
Page 34 of 112 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 111 112 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
155 registered (Abby Pianoman, ajames, 36251, accordeur, *windowlicker*, Alex75001, 44 invisible), 1464 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75959 Members
42 Forums
157086 Topics
2306913 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai ES100 vs Kawai MP7
by gbitw
Today at 08:28 AM
Better Practice, Hands Together or Separate etc.
by Sionos
Today at 08:04 AM
Timing of the trill Invention no 1
by DreamOfSleeping
Today at 03:55 AM
Consolation 3 played by Paul Barton question
by briandang
Today at 01:37 AM
Toccata Boogie -- piano solo
by Axtremus
Today at 01:11 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission