Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
152 registered (AmandaH, AjLongsPiano, accordeur, anamnesis, 41 invisible), 1459 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By paninoI ALWAYS warm up my fingers at least for 45 minutes. I spent the last 55 years warming up my fingers. Now I just sit down and play.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks for the feedback. Nahum: When I got to the line 17 I got stuck and at the time I posted a question here. What I ended up doing and is working fine and improving my skills a lot is to hold that Bb on the right hand and play all the rest with t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by pianofan1017 @ 09/01/15 08:37 PM

SwissMS: Do we have to memorize the pieces we play for the examiner? Is there extra points if memorized?
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by TonyB @ 09/01/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandI thought it was either two or three of the previous generation sound processors at the heart of the V-Piano. (I could be wrong though) Given the sound quality and short boot time of the new pianos, I am really impress
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Playing Horse by Marinelife @ 09/01/15 08:32 PM

My daughter is in love with this horse.
Adult Beginners Forum
Doritos Flavoured, are you saying absolute pitch recognition is relative pitch recognition? What are you saying?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Busoni Piano Competition by fnork @ 09/01/15 08:23 PM

Oooooookay, let's perhaps not bother with people who have nothing better to do than complain endlessly. The first thing I noticed was that all competitors are rather young-ish, pretty much nobody above age of 24 or so. I happen to have communicated s
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ 09/01/15 08:00 PM

I thought it was either two or three of the previous generation sound processors at the heart of the V-Piano. (I could be wrong though) Given the sound quality and short boot time of the new pianos, I am really impressed by the power of the new proc
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Does anyone have a copy of the Grotrian manual they would be willing to share?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dogpersonOriginally Posted By ClsscLibOriginally Posted By debussychopinPianist Magazine is a well-made magazine , publication. Well worth the price to buy one or subscribe. Hard to find one at my nearest bookstore hardly ever on
Originally Posted By paninoI ALWAYS warm up my fingers at least for 45 minutes. - First thing in this process is closing the hands to fists about 80-100 times (fast!) - 2: opening the fists to hands, same amount - 3: stretching the lower/underarm
Pianist Corner
According to the husband of a musicologist, Schumann sounds a lot like Scarlatti. My daughter played First Loss by Schumann at the home of the neighbor of her grandfather, who is a musicologist, and he a self-professed Bach and Baroque aficionado.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag Scott Joplin by boogiewoogie123 @ 09/01/15 07:47 PM

Thank you guys. I have only been playing a year so if you told me it was perfect I would say you were lying! I will try and work on what you suggested. The song is a little advanced for me but I really wanted to learn it, so that explains the missed
Adult Beginners Forum
No, silly as it sounds, emotion does not have much connection with my music these days, either as a creative stimulus or as a reaction while playing or listening. It did fifty years ago, but seems to have been slowly replaced by an objective percepti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Playing Horse by Rickster @ 09/01/15 07:45 PM

That's great, Sally! And, if it was one of your horses, the playing would have been more "in-tune"! I've seen some of Sally's horses and they are beautiful animals, well cared for and friendly. Of course, we can't forget Cornelius, t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How old were you when you started tuning? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 09/01/15 07:45 PM

I don't feel the desire to retire either. I will be 63 next weekend and I am far from that! People in this profession often do not retire until they physically can no longer work.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Where did all the posts go? by Arghhh @ 09/01/15 07:40 PM

My member recordings subforum only has two pages. What happened to the older posts?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by Rickster @ 09/01/15 07:38 PM

Make sure your son gets to share his opinion of the pianos as well. You are right, that is a tough decision. I'm sure you'll get more opinions here from some real experts. (Of course, I've heard that an expert is a has-been that leaks under pressu
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by TonyB @ 09/01/15 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandHey Tony, Glad you got a chance to visit the Schmitt booth. Always impressive. I wonder if you were talking with Anthony or Luis from RUS. Both are great guys who I'm proud to call colleagues. When he referred to &q
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 09/01/15 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By Old VicIs it possible to apply and use an USB-MIDI controller- specially a Korg Nanokontrol(1)-directly to the MP7-USB-MIDI input???. No, unfortunately not. Most if not all USB-MIDI controllers must be connected to a PC/Mac in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conservatory Teacher Trial Lessons by pianorigami @ 09/01/15 07:28 PM

In the application, we get to choose two to three teachers we would like to have (we rank them, too). As I understand it, the schools then try to have those teachers I ranked present at my audition. In the end, I first must be accepted. Then, takin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts a theory question about ii by keystring @ 09/01/15 07:27 PM

I was just looking over an old theory book that I had sort of abandoned for another one a few years ago - the 2002 edition of Sarnecki, Book 1. There is a statement in the book that goes as follows: "The chords ii and ii6 contain scale degrees
Jump to new posts Re: ES-7 vs CN25 by Kawai James @ 09/01/15 07:25 PM

Hello Venividivici, Originally Posted By VenividiviciIs there any reason to consider the ES7 over CN25 - If you all you want is good piano sounds and feel of the keys? Portability and feautres are rather moot. If you do not require portability or t
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by Kawai James @ 09/01/15 07:16 PM

Cheers Pete - that's a good deal!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by Dogface @ 09/01/15 07:01 PM

Thanks. This is a lot more complicated for a non-musician than a new vs used car decision.
Page 34 of 82 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 81 82 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 04:40 PM
Piano practice apps
by jehalliday
09/04/15 03:44 PM
Haydn
by Parks
09/04/15 03:20 PM
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 03:02 PM
Looking for a sheet-music based course
by Rataridicta
09/04/15 01:55 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,675 Topics
2,441,964 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission