Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
The title of this post is a big over-generalization. One 'problem' with Rachmaninoff is that he had to embark on a piano performing career which took him away from composing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Steve Cohen @ 04/14/14 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed FooteGreetings, A stencil piano is one that is manufactured with no markings to identify it. This allowed local stores to have stencils of their own name made and, once applied to the anonymous carcass, allowed them to se
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding inversions by JohnSprung @ 04/14/14 02:35 PM

OK, now I'm confused. If I know that the chord is C7 and that the lowest note is E (C7/E), isn't that the same thing as knowing that it's 1st. inversion?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by Roland The Beagle @ 04/14/14 02:33 PM

I guess his music can be a bit too emotional. I happen to like passionate music, but you have to be careful not to overdose sometimes! I think its bad to generalize, because I don't know how anyone can't adore this piece for example: https://www.y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what is the best book to learn piano by your own..? by Michael Martinez @ 04/14/14 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringI've read a number of assumptions. Michael, these may be your own personal experiences or observations, but it doesn't mean it's everyone's or even common. I'll agree with this keystring. And it also depends on what k
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: blog by adultpianist @ 04/14/14 02:29 PM

Thank you kindly
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: proutTherefore, it is logical to refer to all temperaments that are actually tuned, and not existing in just theory, as Unequal Temperaments (please don't shoot me, I am joking here) unless the tuner has chosen to ignore the mus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time ever with an acoustic piano ! by woodfrog @ 04/14/14 02:23 PM

I'd say this is quite the normal reaction. You are used to the digital piano and everything that is different will feel wrong in the beginning - The touch will feel heavy and unprecise, sound maybe very loud and hard to control and awkward because it
Adult Beginners Forum
Congratulations Bozzo! That is a score to be proud of! I am sitting an exam in June so your doing well inspite of nerves gives me inspiration!!
Piano Forum
Just slap a coat of emerald paint on it and call it Collard Greens.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding inversions by dire tonic @ 04/14/14 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungOriginally Posted By: dire tonicChord symbols are always hard put to describe the complete picture even when we try and refine them with terms like 1st, 2nd inversion, middle.... Sure, and when we want to specify the
Jump to new posts Re: "Shoe box" sound by Del @ 04/14/14 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Toni GoldenerYesterday I was sitting in front of a nice Grotrian Steinweg grand. I will tune it, and the customer asked me to equalize the tone. Some regulation and voicing should not be the problem, but the section G2-C3 (G-23
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is There a Static and Universal Musical Truth? by ClsscLib @ 04/14/14 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: ClsscLibI don't know enough about "keyed" wind and brass instruments to know whether those instruments are locked into tempered scales once they've been tuned.... Most aren't. I'm not sure i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding inversions by JohnSprung @ 04/14/14 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicChord symbols are always hard put to describe the complete picture even when we try and refine them with terms like 1st, 2nd inversion, middle.... Sure, and when we want to specify the complete picture precisely, we
Piano Forum
Following this thread because I had a friend (a very basic player) looking for a piano who was considering a Collard & Collard upright that she saw in New Jersey at an antique store. She asked my opinion and, though I hadn't seen it, I thought i
Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: alfredo capursoOriginally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: Ed FooteOriginally Posted By: OlekFor what I have read, UT was first used by coping with the Lute tuning so lute and keyboard instruments
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by pianonewbie1 @ 04/14/14 01:56 PM

ladypayne - nicly done , I really like the song - "if I were a rich man lalalalalalalalalalala...... " kenjazz Another Star- nice style there and thanks much for the positive comments Inlanding Angel Eyes- great playing sinophilia T
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve Sight reading by kck @ 04/14/14 01:52 PM

What helped my son over here was just working slowly through a series of books designed just for sight reading, starting very simple and working our way up. I think more aural learners tend to remember notes fast and so they never need to get very g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by LarryShone @ 04/14/14 01:51 PM

I adore Rachmaninov, he's one of my favourites.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BECHSTEIN CONCERT 8 by rjc @ 04/14/14 01:50 PM

Thanks to all for the input. I appreciate it! Rob
Pianist Corner
My teacher told me she had played the etude when she was my age, and she has played it for many years since, and never noticed the note. She looked shocked, when i showed her the sheet music today and pointed it out
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: blog by LarryShone @ 04/14/14 01:47 PM

Nice blog!
Pianist Corner
Is it true that every pianist in one point has to choose 1 composer in which he/she specializes? I hope it isn't, because i love chopin's solo piano works, but my dream is to one day be able to perform the rach piano concertos. I don't really know ho
Pianist Corner
Me neither. I prefer the subtler French music.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: SvennoAnd i don't know why. He isn't on any 'top 10 romantic composer's' lists - but he was a romantic composer, wasn't he? Chopin seems to be the most favoured, and i really like his music too, in fact i can't decide which my a
Page 34 of 138 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 137 138 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
72 registered (Atrys, ando, adanepst, 36251, BB Player, 15 invisible), 1109 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74198 Members
42 Forums
153492 Topics
2249209 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tired Fingers
by adanepst
Today at 01:45 AM
Bechstein 7
by PhilipInChina
Today at 01:07 AM
Premier Piano of New York
by FenderJazzMan
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Top selling self-taught pianists?
by Sand Tiger
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
Just got my MP11!
by Dan Clark
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission