Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
58 registered (Ah Mak, alwatson, augustm, bazzer, arongey, Bryce C, 11 invisible), 995 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Here is the label on my piano: Ian
Piano Forum
Dscally, My Bl├╝thner has a practice pedal, would this not be acceptable for you instead of midi? Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by TonyB @ 04/30/16 06:17 AM

The early stages of the course may seem easy and/or over simplified, however Duane makes the point that everybody should play through all of it, not skipping anything. One reason for this is, as he says, the books are only a part of the course. The
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by EssBrace @ 04/30/16 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By Dave HorneLet the kid crawl around for a while before becoming a parent who pushes his kid into a career. One year old? Jesus H Christ. Summed up my reaction perfectly when I read this post a day or two ago. Apologies to the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Movie Impromptu by Beemer @ 04/30/16 05:55 AM

Chopin in films: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006004/ Ian
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: "Avoid Notes" sucks by mischeli @ 04/30/16 05:52 AM

No, classical is just different. Music is music. I think the greater intellectual activity of improvisers.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared Piano? by Beemer @ 04/30/16 05:51 AM

Would be a great movie tune! Loved it, Ian
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by mischeli @ 04/30/16 05:48 AM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by Beemer @ 04/30/16 05:44 AM

Here are my two seats. I keep the duet upstairs so my 10 years old grand daughter and I can have fun playing the arranger keyboard. Ian
Jump to new posts Re: "Avoid Notes" sucks by Eric399 @ 04/30/16 05:44 AM

So Jazz=good, Classical=bad, is that it?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bad classicists by Eric399 @ 04/30/16 05:42 AM

Haha, Nikolas, you beat me to it again!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by Eric399 @ 04/30/16 05:41 AM

Make that two. mischeli, are you having a bad day? 3 negative posts in a row in three different forums, that must be some kind of record.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by Nikolas @ 04/30/16 05:39 AM

I disagree!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bad classicists by Nikolas @ 04/30/16 05:38 AM

I disagree!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by SwissMS @ 04/30/16 05:13 AM

ClsscLib - I have your dates recorded. Welcome back to the bench! Casinitaly - Sorry to hear about your migraine. Those are miserable. I will record 4/29 excused. bSharp[C]clist - I hope all goes well with your family. Let us know when your return.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I got 0/10. It seemed to me that if you can get the first note then you could use relative pitch to get the rest using our short-term absolute pitch memory which I think most of us do have.
Adult Beginners Forum
I think this article tells us what many of us who have been at the piano for years already knew in our hearts. We are not going to become an elite pianist in this lifetime. Still the article says nothing about what an adult student CAN achieve. It p
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Music theory - composition by mischeli @ 04/30/16 04:56 AM

THEORY - COMPOSITION Theory is a contemplative and rational type of abstract or generalizing thinking, that's not enough to make music. -Each theory is only imperfect concept. -Nature of creating comping-composition is variable. So, you can create
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bad classicists by mischeli @ 04/30/16 04:52 AM

I find that classical musicians in most cases over-tighten. So they don't have the natural dynamics. Their dynamics is artificial. Their dynamics comes from the paper. Their dynamics doesn't come out of the moment. Every moment is different. Each m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by ghosthand @ 04/30/16 04:50 AM

Maybe a piano bench with wheels would be innovative, so that you could slide better sideways. *grin* I hate my teacher's piano because it is unusually high so you are forced to crank up the bench more than I want to, or else it is not comfortable to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing Genuine Ivory Keytops by Chris Leslie @ 04/30/16 04:49 AM

Cleaning off old glue can sometimes be a problem if they have been previously re-attached. The prepared surface should be clean and flat and preferably white. It is best to paint the surface white before attaching the ivory because they are slightl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dexterity Exercises by strikefirefall @ 04/30/16 04:49 AM

So would 10 minutes of scales everyday along with another 10 minutes of various other exercises be overkill? I was thinking of doing exercies once I wake up and then again before bed. And when doing scales, would it be productive to do both hands at
Jump to new posts "Avoid Notes" sucks by mischeli @ 04/30/16 04:46 AM

Why try to avoid the "wrong" note. If you are creative, mistakes will always happen. You are not perfect. You are variable. -Why do not you try to convert those mistakes into music in the next moment? Practice-It! ; It's much more fun met
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by mischeli @ 04/30/16 04:42 AM

"Avoid notes" sucks. Why try to avoid the "wrong" note. If you are creative, mistakes will always happen. You are not perfect. You are variable. -Why do not you try to convert those mistakes into music in the next moment? Practi
Adult Beginners Forum
I find it highly inspirational to feel that I'm in the pianist community now, instead of being in the non-pianist community where I have to sit in the audience and just listen. The best thing I've done as a pianist was to join a master class with som
Page 34 of 86 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 85 86 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning Jazz Piano need advice on timing practice.
by happyhacker
05/03/16 04:45 AM
CPU Urgently needed.
by JonHig
05/03/16 02:34 AM
I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again?
by frenebo
05/03/16 12:30 AM
How can I better learn jazz piano?
by Claire Davas
05/02/16 10:25 PM
Kawai Piano Models History
by McBuster
05/02/16 08:02 PM
Forum Stats
83,491 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,363 Topics
2,520,732 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission