Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
71 registered (Anticlock, A Guy, bigjayuzumi, 25 invisible), 1045 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by 8 Octaves @ 01/29/15 02:13 AM

Good to know. Thanks. It has good sound while it maybe helpful to see my posture while playing. Though, on second thought, maybe I don't want to know what I look like while playing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Mason and Hamlin A or AA or Steinway M or O? by Sitbon @ 01/29/15 02:12 AM

Dear All Thanks for the diverse responses to my original post. Another piano has entered the game, a model A and AA Mason and Hamlin. A dealer here is selling both for approx $50,000 and $60,000 (AU$) respectively, however I have no idea if this r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday, Mozart! by Dwscamel @ 01/29/15 02:10 AM

@ChopinAddict: I love the Lacrymosa too! It's my second favorite part of Requiem . @Polyphonist: your post is the kind of thing I was hoping for, new Mozart. Unfortunately, this is the Classical (as in Classical period) symphonic writing that kind o
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Sonatina (Movement 1) by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 01/29/15 02:07 AM

I would like to be able to download this and play it. If you use MuseScore, you can easily create a PDF file and those files are easy to access. I copied out the first page with screen capture, then transferred to Paint ... then increased the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by brucepiano @ 01/29/15 02:07 AM

Hi Ryan, Plenty of good advice here. A structured program always helps. When I'm trying to form a new habit, I set a goal to do the tiniest thing possible to form that habit (e.g., I will just sit down at the piano and play for 5 minutes). This c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Sonata 30 by pianorigami @ 01/29/15 01:59 AM

I've read through it so that, eventually, when I get to it, I am familiar with the piece. And for me, technically, it is not extremely challenging. The difficulty is the character, the beauty, and the perfection that is Op. 109. Getting that down wil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by SwissMS @ 01/29/15 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesAre your audio MP3's for ABF Recitals straight out of your Q3HD? Or do you use something else for those? Yes. It does a pretty good job. I record directly into MP3 format, trim the dead space at the beginning and e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by brucepiano @ 01/29/15 01:57 AM

Honestly, this week my biggest achievement was maintaining a regular practice schedule of at least 15 minutes or more. I'm hoping to increase it to 30 minutes in the near future.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2nd concerto in how many months? by computerpro3 @ 01/29/15 01:49 AM

I have often heard that the third is more pianistic and fits better in the hand then 2nd, and that makes me tempted to finally learn it. I have performed the 2nd and am comfortable with it, so when people say that I get excited. Until I open the sc
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by lolatu @ 01/29/15 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: jtsnThings get ugly, once you need an adaptor to 1/4 in and have to plug it into the 3.5mm jack, because it's the only second headphone output and the only LINE IN option on the CA67/97. A 3.5mm jack isn't really able to suppor
Jump to new posts Re: Speakers for iGrand on iPad. by wushuguy @ 01/29/15 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: SteveConslawI know this is an old post, but somebody searching on the topic may find this. You say your P-120 doesn't make any sound at all, not through the headphones or speakers. There is a chance that your piano isn't broken
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rach 2 mvt 1 by computerpro3 @ 01/29/15 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaOriginally Posted By: Jamie_from_CanadaHello all, Sorry to start another Rach 2 thread but so many of the others are very old or the discussion has moved away from the topic. Some background, I completed my piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Charles Cohen @ 01/29/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Ryanhd . . . Basically, I need someone to give me a guide plan for things to work on, or even just one thing to practice or learn, something that I'm missing that would allow me to feel more confident on the piano, perhaps a r
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by lolatu @ 01/29/15 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMaclolatu: So you're basically rubbishing the "features" touted in the sales literature. That's not novel, but it brings to the fore one important point: Ignore the sales brochures ... and the claims .... and the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2nd concerto in how many months? by Derulux @ 01/29/15 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: KuanpianoHe did acknowledge that the piece is deceptively difficult however. Yeah, I agree with everyone who says this. The third gets its due credit, but unless you've played the second, I think many of the real tough challen
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Mark R. @ 01/29/15 01:21 AM

Re. debonding CA: Jean is right, acetone is normally used. Acetone, to my best knowledge, is not particularly hazardous, but it does dissolve all the skin oils, i.e. it leaves the skin completely dried out. Rather than pure acetone, I would recomme
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade T-bar wrench use tuning piano by cyclotron @ 01/29/15 01:19 AM

When I didn't have access to a tuner in Saudi Arabia I had my machine shop make a tuning hammer for me. They machined each half of a half cylinder to match the taper of the pin, welded the two halves together, turned the result down to a clean cylind
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Beethoven Sonata 30 by George Miller155 @ 01/29/15 01:18 AM

How difficult is the first movement of Beethoven's op 109? I understand the entire sonata is very advanced but I'm only interested in the first movement. How does it compare to some other Beethoven pieces such as Sonata Pathetique Mov 1, schubert im
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by 8 Octaves @ 01/29/15 01:16 AM

I echo what others have already said here. I believe having a long term goal is important, as long as it is not edged in stone, but the short terms goals are even more important. The short terms goals that I reach prevent me from quitting in frust
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Charles Cohen @ 01/29/15 01:16 AM

Quote: . . . An updated FP-80 featuring any type of PHA-IV keyboard would immediately rise to my short-list of worthy keyboards. . . . I stopped by the music store today, and played an FP-80, next to an HP504 (which has one of the PHA-IV actions).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sound level of acoustic piano in jazz/blues trio by Cinnamonbear @ 01/29/15 01:09 AM

I just realized I posted to a situation that was resolved. My apologies, all. Honkytonkman, I love the thought of the horror on your drummer's face when you suggested he play an electric drum set. LOL! A simple change of perspective can have
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by computerpro3 @ 01/29/15 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanOriginally Posted By: bennevisMozart is the father (& mother ) of the piano concerto. No contest. In some respects, no subsequent concertos have ever matched what he gave us, Beethoven certainly knew that. Th
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Love Rachmaninoff <3 Who is with me? by piano_friend @ 01/29/15 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark_CI think it's fine to put here, although I'd say that with something like this, it would be a good idea for the pianist to say something about who she is. Ohh, ok..haha that's a weird feeling to feel like a fresh mate hah
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Stand by Charles Cohen @ 01/29/15 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: swamp. . . I need a stand but I don't have a huge amount of room. Are those X stands a waste of time? Are they secure at all? http://www.chasedirect.co.uk/Pianos-Keyb...ble-Stage-Piano That's the stand I use for a PX-350 (a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Cinnamonbear @ 01/29/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: accordeur[...] Case by case. Whatever the customer wants or can afford. Once again, I would not be surprised that CA could actually save a piano doped with glycerin in the past. It's the rest of the piano that makes me not even
Page 34 of 114 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 113 114 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do we teach phrasing
by piano_friend
01/30/15 11:12 PM
Octave stretch kind-of
by jim ialeggio
01/30/15 09:47 PM
Yamaha cvp-20 parts help
by crosstalk
01/30/15 08:33 PM
Slipped and fell on ice today
by dynamobt
01/30/15 06:14 PM
Brodmann PE 187 vs Ronisch 186 vs Yamaha C3x
by Sitbon
01/30/15 05:38 PM
Forum Stats
77938 Members
42 Forums
161077 Topics
2366160 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission