Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas duets for Student and Teacher by AZNpiano @ Today at 04:34 AM

Take a look at these books. They are fantastic. Book 1 and Book 2 might suit your needs the best. http://www.fjhmusic.com/piano/inrecital_christmas.htm
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how off can a unison be? by Olek @ Today at 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: rxdIt depend on who's askin' so I looked up your profile. My answer to a tuning student has to agree with your initial answers... Zero Tolerance. In fact, for a note that only lasts 5 seconds an advanced tuner can sense that th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: page-turning for tablets by sandalholme @ Today at 04:21 AM

I don't use, nor am I likely to use, a page turner and this isn't going to happen, but back in the 18th century, "pedals" were knee levers attached to the underside of the instrument. A knee lever could activate a page turn even whilst usi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... by mrmacmusic @ Today at 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: EnthusiastWould be very interested to hear some comparisons between the MP11 and CLP585 in a separate topic if need be. Action, sound, features, pedals and in particular how the speaker system compares to the monitors you were u
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Be here Monday- my first piano in 6 years! by harpon @ Today at 04:16 AM

It's a 1980- I tracked down the serial numbers- they are listed under Hamilton- and really incorrectly I think- and got the first numbers for 1980 and 1982- by extrapolation, mine was probably made in late spring of 1980- It is similar to you pi
Adult Beginners Forum
It is a good article. Thank you. There is only one thing that the writer did not mention: He keeps writing about "mistakes" and how the top three pianists handled mistakes. It might be better to think of how they handled difficult passa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jonathan: Don't think too much about CM at level 3. It's extremely easy, though I probably wouldn't force it upon a 7-year-old kid. Regarding some of the other comments about what the "professor" is doing, I shudder.
Jump to new posts Re: Where can I Buy Catcher Felts? by Olek @ Today at 04:08 AM

may be you can only moisten with water alcohol and a small drop of wall paper remover/vinegar, so you do not dismount butts where unnecessary. Of course they are numbered or numbering verified fish glue or cold hide glue should be OK (fish glue hav
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP5 by Synner @ Today at 04:00 AM

Ha! I wanted built in speakers! Also, the problem with the RD300NX was that the piano sound was so superb and detailed through headphones (albeit a little heavy in the bass), that I found all attempts to amplify it somewhat disappointing. I tried
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Dampp Chaser installation by Olek @ Today at 03:57 AM

A dehumidifier is easier to verify , as it is suppose to get hot when working. Less risky. Because they are selling those systems for so long I thing the VERY MINIMAL Damp CHaser company may have one is allow the user to see directly if the system
Jump to new posts Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... by mrmacmusic @ Today at 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: StarboardWhat did you think about the WS650 stand? I have a pretty newly-arrived VPC1 with a WS550 stand (which I believe to be functionally identical to the WS650 save for locking height-adjustment knobs), and I've found the s
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas duets for Student and Teacher by leel @ Today at 03:10 AM

Duets for Christmas Lovers: 9 Piano duet arrangements of favorite Christmas cols for the early elementary level.--Margaret Goldston. This is an Alfred book, and I think it will fill the bill.
Piano Forum
I've never played a Ritmuller, but I have heard good things about them moreso than bad. I have played Hailuns and I would definitely take a Hailun over a Yamaha for anything under 7' but I will say that for grands, I think the manufacturing standards
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Be here Monday- my first piano in 6 years! by johan d @ Today at 02:59 AM

I known, maybe too little information, but is this the same type of piano? Piano is before 1980 http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekinst...tm_medium=email I want to switch to an acoustic instrument from my Yamaha YDP161 digital, and as i read here an
Jump to new posts Question on Dampp Chaser installation by electone2007 @ Today at 02:56 AM

I've been reading on pros and cons on Dampp Chaser in this forum. A lot has been said about DC's not working because of faulty or incorrect installation. I would like to ask the esteemed piano technicians of this forum to share the reasons why a DC
Jump to new posts Re: Where can I Buy Catcher Felts? by Paul678 @ Today at 02:34 AM

Sounds roughly similar to Tucson, Chris. Glad there is work for you and others. Ok, I got my red regulation felts, which are 1/4" thick and soft enough. But since they are round, I will need to cut them into rectangles to convert them into c
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help for student with rhythm problems by Nahum @ Today at 02:28 AM

Since I am a jazz educator, I began to work with the students on the exercises from the book Bob Stoloff "Skat". Then for several years I supervised in Academy course of rhythm who helped organize my own method, and not necessarily for
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by casinitaly @ Today at 02:25 AM

This thread could have some merit if people would stay on track. Obviously that's beyond a number of you and this has degenerated into one long squabble. Rather than engaging in endless bickering, learn to ignore each other. I suggest you move on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Leon Fleisher by beet31425 @ Today at 02:13 AM

My favorite line from the interview (even though Fleisher attributes it to someone else who was speaking about violinists): ďItís not too difficult to find a string player who really sings on his instrument, but itís very rare to find a string playe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement by carey @ Today at 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottAn easier choice would be first to play simpler pieces that teach finger independence, then move on to Moonlight when these pieces are secure and you can easily control which voice is louder. Suggestions: Chopin, prelu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Steinway S in 1936 by phacke @ Today at 02:10 AM

It is interesting to see the graphic design style of the period represented here. That period was quite distinctive, I think.
Piano Forum
Please help! I'm beginner and this is first time I buy a piano. I have seriously mind to music. I hope I will enter music academy Yamaha is alway a safe choose. Ritmuller gives confused. I cannot find much information (specifications, review,..) B
Pianist Corner
What do we think? I think that "we" (I am quite certain that I am speaking for many others and not just myself) think that you have a very generous, altruistic disposition, a generous person trying to make this place better for others. Wo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Steinway S in 1936 by carey @ Today at 01:59 AM

Yes - I understand - must factor in the rising cost of materials, higher taxes, the size of the piano industry, overhead and marketing costs, and the "mystique" of the Steinway name, etc. Still, $57,800 still seems a tad high for a five fo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some days even J.S. Bach phoned it in by phantomFive @ Today at 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: SiFiOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: wrAnd that's not the only time he phoned it in, either. It seems to me that once you get away from the most well-known and popular Bach harpsichord and keyboard works,
Page 4 of 96 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 95 96 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
baldwin 2nd hand
by johan d
10/02/14 09:44 AM
a steinway rebuilt and a mason hamlin rebuilt
by koap
10/02/14 09:27 AM
Chopin …tude No 12 in C minor, Op 10 'Revolutionary'
by Maximillyan
10/02/14 09:25 AM
Sustaining vs Dead On Unison
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
10/02/14 08:48 AM
Short tests of numerous digital & acoustic pianos
by WaterDweller
10/02/14 07:10 AM
Who's Online
131 registered (ajames, accordeur, Alexander Borro, aesop, amt976, 39 invisible), 1499 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76399 Members
42 Forums
157948 Topics
2319564 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission