Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
65 registered (armani, AndrewJCW, Albunea, anotherscott, angga888, 11 invisible), 920 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Piano repair question by jdhampton924 @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

I think a better term instead of free piano should be "cost of possession" it's definitely a Baldwin. I figured it be somewhat costly repair work. Was in a dealer today and only thing similar was a sammick for 7k new or a kingsburg baby gra
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: "Musician's Friend" Extended Warranty? by FrankDaddy @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

I just bought a new MP7 from MF. I agree that you need a savings account for maintenance. If you do it over the life of several instruments you will come out very much ahead. Also Always buy a good case. That will prevent most damage. Even a good
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by vancamp @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Having used a couple, I would also recommend the AirTurn. It can still be frustrating in some ways... I hate the way they've overloaded functions onto a single button and single LED... however the pedals work quite well. For my use, the only tablet
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by rysowers @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Yes - the question was posed to the chair of the Examination and Test Standards Committee chair and the answer was: There is nothing in the rules that says you can't use a Beat Rater during the exam. Visual tuning aids are forbidden during the aural
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by Robert Scott @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By Gadzar...But, and this is a big but, if you have to filter or in any other way alter the sound produced by the piano, then you are not hearing to the actual piano and in that sense you are not an aural tuner, methinks. What wo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

There is an issue with the Rococo Variations, too, since they were cut and rearranged by a famous cellist.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unfamiliar concerto at a competition = bad idea? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

Anything that gets less young competition pianists playing Rach 3 sounds good to me.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By fnorkOn a side-note, I'm slightly surprised that Geniusas played the 'B section' (or whatever it should be called) of the Tchaikovsky last movement as written in the original version - the Siloti versio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By da96103Who is the pianist? Is it SWMNBM? There was one that I know of, and it wasn't her. (And I'm pretty sure she hasn't posted here, and that there hasn't been any indication that she has visited.)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkJust to add to the comments made by Pianoloverus, I'd like to point out that it has indeed happened that some of the most eminent and distinguished pianists on this planet have popped by to our forums and have actually taken
Jump to new posts Musicians Friend and 4th of July Sale by FrankDaddy @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

FYI I just bought a Kawai MP7 using a 15% off coupon from Musicians Friend. My MP6 got stolen and so I am now replacing it with the MP7. And they had them in stock.
Jump to new posts Re: piano tech life before cell phones by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Ha Ha. Yep, knocking on the door, no answer. Back in the car to find a phone. Call the client who was in the back yard all the time and didn't hear the door bell. Paper maps. Each year I'd buy the 6 county atlas that covered the Chicago area. To
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiring a tech to FIND a piano by Norbert @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

Quote:Let me interpret Norbertspeak for you. Techs can't be trusted, but piano dealers can. That's not what I said. There's many trustworthy [and competent] techs but there's also a good number who are not. Vice versa, the dealers are a different
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkOn a side-note, I'm slightly surprised that Geniusas played the 'B section' (or whatever it should be called) of the Tchaikovsky last movement as written in the original version - the Siloti version has the piano texture alt
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Piano repair question by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

A free piano is never free. 99% need major repair. I recommend having the piano inspected before you take possession. It's worth the money for an inspection.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 OUTPUT Jack not working by Just Alan @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

Alexander Borro is correct....if you are going to play through computer speakers, you need some that are capable of handling a solid signal and things like bass. The Electric Pianos on the MP7 are rich and have a strong bass end, and low end quality
The measures taken to reduce the key noise on the newer PHA-4 is actually quite ingenious... Far more than a "strip of felt" I'm on vacation. We'll discuss this further in the future. Jay
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading application by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By PerecliThis is not computer generated music...This is software that is the opposite of music. It is purposely made to be impossible to memorize and force the student to read the notes as they are seen and not from memory. Not m
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Piano repair question by BDB @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

I would guess $5,000-10,000 to do it correctly. If it is a Baldwin, it might be worth it. If it is another make manufactured by Baldwin, definitely not.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should I look for in a house? by ebonykawai @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboyAt last, someone has their priorities straight: buy a house to fit the piano! I agree!! Best question ever!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by wr @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkOriginally Posted By wrSince you asked... Ok, great, he has ONE contemporary piano concerto in the repertoire by a Russian composer, who by the way is quite conservative. (And don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Shchedrin) H
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how much is my piao worth? by ebonykawai @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Re: the hammer heads, this is an easy adjustment, or at least it was for my tech, who fixed 2 of mine for free in about 10 minutes while he was passing by my house, going home for the day. He's the best guy ever and, yes, I still shoved a twenty in h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov -- performance & review(s) by johnlewisgrant @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By johnlewisgrantOriginally Posted By NantesWell, he did get 3rd place in the 2010 International Chopin Competition From the new generation I'm quite partial to Yulianna Avdeeva (her Chopin "Heroic" Polonaise Op.53 interp
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 OUTPUT Jack not working by Just Alan @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Hi Yukimister, When connecting my MP7 to a PA system, I use 2 separate mono 6.5mm male jack to 6.5mm male jack audio leads. I connect one to each of the 2 Audio outs ( L/mono and R). If I only want to run in Mono, I just connect to the L/mono outp
Originally Posted By LeonidDifference in trim. PHA-4 Concert - white keys - two layer ivory feel construction on stable wood like basis, black keys - wooden like moisture absorbing coating. Premium - one layer ivory feel construction and just matte b
Page 4 of 95 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 94 95 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CA97 weird damper behavior.
by Percybut
07/03/15 05:44 AM
Vision is getting to be a problem
by Isabelle1949
07/03/15 01:10 AM
Umi Garrett
by Isabelle1949
07/02/15 11:27 PM
What are great ways of finding new students?
by albumblatter
07/02/15 11:22 PM
Hello. Any adult beginner in Singapore?
by iluvansel
07/02/15 10:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,863 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,263 Topics
2,423,535 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission