Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
82 registered (Auver, aeroseb, agraffe, beet31425, Albunea, 22 invisible), 1528 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which top note sounds more in tune? by bellspiano @ Today at 08:05 AM

I don't understand the question. You are playing two different notes -- so are you asking which harmony we prefer? Now to my ear the C natural sounds slightly flat and the C-sharp is not alarming, but I would not want to give a definitive evaluation
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does your teaching "end"? by dogperson @ Today at 07:47 AM

My teacher's studio is year-round, with occasional vacation weeks. In the summer, not all of her students take lessons, so she reduces the days she teaches to one or two/week. Honestly, as an adult student, I would have a problem with not having le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Careful with kitchen slicers! by Rerun @ Today at 07:29 AM

I whacked a nasty 2 1/2" gash in my left palm a day before we were headed to Perdido Key (sharpening mower blades beneath the mower on a hoist)... out came the skin glue (cheap set of stitches in a tube) because our schedule was too tight. T
Jump to new posts Which top note sounds more in tune? by Chris Leslie @ Today at 07:21 AM

I play a C major chord on a celeste followed by a top C3. Then repeated but with a C top note. Which top note sounds more in tune?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by dogperson @ Today at 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaI've been thinking about this topic. I feel especially curious about two things: - Do you study scores in the style Bopickle explained above? - Is there anybody who doesn't follow a fixed fingering? With the second qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why are the Medtner piano sonatas so hard to like? by trigalg693 @ Today at 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By argerichfanOriginally Posted By trigalg693Strangely enough, I think the harder Rachmaninoff works are more annoying to learn since they sound more like random notes. Thank-you for a very interesting post, though I am a bit mysti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don has a go on the piano by Tubbie0075 @ Today at 07:07 AM

Don't tell me I have been playing the wrong piece! My book definitely says "Complete Chopin Preludes"
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by Tubbie0075 @ Today at 07:04 AM

General preferred fingerings for beginners: - Avoid fingers 1 and 5 for black keys is possible - Avoid fingering that stretches your hand where possible - Choose the fingerings that "flow" with the passage and the hand shapes you are apply
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by Albunea @ Today at 06:26 AM

I've been thinking about this topic. I feel especially curious about two things: - Do you study scores in the style Bopickle explained above? - Is there anybody who doesn't follow a fixed fingering? With the second question I mean not following
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by joe80 @ Today at 06:22 AM

Frame cracks can be repaired, fairly cheaply. To repair frame cracks in the context of a full restoration only adds a few hundred pounds (UK) to the over all price. I suppose it depends where the cracks are and how much money you have to spend.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Did I buy what I thought I did? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:14 AM

In Samick pianos the first two letters of the serial number represent the year the piano built (This works until the year 2000 - and there are a few anomalies). So H = 8 and G = 7. That piano was built in 1987. Although this is a simple formula, man
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano World users' opinions of Casio Grand Hybrid? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:09 AM

First, I think it is the best thing Casio has ever made. That said, it is not up to snuff with the Yamaha hybrid technology... yet.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos Incognito! by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:06 AM

Several companies in the past made pianos non specifically. As BDB mentioned, the sales organization could then put their name on them. General rule of thumb is that they were the cheapest things on the market.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does your teaching "end"? by pianoMom2006 @ Today at 05:54 AM

My son's teacher takes about a month off over the summer and two weeks at Christmas but teaches the rest of the year.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone own the Roland HP603? by Noonie @ Today at 05:24 AM

I bought it yesterday! Compared to all of the other DP's in and around this price range that I had previously tried, I really liked its sound. The feel is improved over the FP series I tried, and is much better than my Casio Privia. Now that I've
Jump to new posts Re: A Piano Tuner's Blog - A long and winding road by lophiomys @ Today at 05:14 AM

hitting your post by chance, ... my first thought was, you are driving much toooo slow https://youtu.be/b_L5Ku7H-hQ?t=18s Piano Solo by Randy Weston: African Village/BedStuy
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ Today at 04:08 AM

I just checked the long term forecast for the coming week and it seems we may have a number of showers. Temperatures will still be around 30°C, not sure what that is in F, but high eighties, low nineties . Bring small collapsable umbrellas. You c
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Interval Ear Training by Qazsedcft @ Today at 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88 Meludia: I love the interface. I have discovered that I'm excellent at counting, that I'm really good at telling whether notes are higher or lower, that I suck at harmony, and that I have no idea what a major chor
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Pianovelle by Kumi_27 @ Today at 03:11 AM

The service manual is here - http://www.shema.ru/cd/us/2/data/gps2600.pdf Find a good tech and it probably can be repaired. In old GEMs (Pianovelle is just rebranded Generalmusic GEM) in most cases the backup battery failed and damaged the board and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don has a go on the piano by cathryn999 @ Today at 03:04 AM

Oh.... of course! Claire de Lune! silly me.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don has a go on the piano by cathryn999 @ Today at 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By Eric399This is Debussy. I love how you can hear the birds in the background! Oh, is it? I thought it was a Chopin prelude! And yes, I love the birds in the background too, and in the other piece there's some wind noise, which i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by BDB @ Today at 02:12 AM

Pictures would be nice, so that others can profit from your experience.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos Incognito! by BDB @ Today at 02:11 AM

Some pianos were made that way, so that dealers could put their own name on them. Many of those had the name on the fallboard removed when they were refinished. They are lower quality pianos. You should avoid them.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by Dave B @ Today at 02:11 AM

Can you post pictures of the cracks and point out where they are?
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ Today at 02:10 AM

USD are not accepted. I would bring some cash, at least 100 euros. That's my personal approach . I prefer to arrive with a bit of cash in hand. You have to understand what your bank charges for international cash withdrawals. In my experience it i
Page 4 of 67 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 66 67 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scarlatti Sonatas:Fave fast and slow, least fave, overplayed
by pianoloverus
06/25/16 12:34 PM
Which top note sounds more in tune?
by Chris Leslie
06/25/16 07:21 AM
Pianos Incognito!
by Usry
06/25/16 01:57 AM
Does your teaching "end"?
by Peter K. Mose
06/25/16 12:11 AM
Don has a go on the piano
by cathryn999
06/25/16 12:09 AM
Forum Stats
84,101 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,560 Topics
2,536,384 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission