Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
97 registered (Beemer, Ah Chang, AZ_Astro, Bellicapelli, 33 invisible), 1502 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Advertising Phoenix
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Teaching Advanced Students by Piano Playground @ Today at 02:25 AM

I studied Piano Pedagogy in college and have been teaching for many years but have mostly taught beginning - late intermediate students. I would like to feel confident teaching advanced students. I know it would be very rewarding. I'm wondering ho
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AZNpianoI have a similar student, a transfer wreck, with over 5 years of piano "lessons." She showed up today without the books I told her mother to order online. She can't read bass clef. She gets confused by finger
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you guys think about stickers? by FrankCox @ Today at 01:59 AM

I use a product called Goof Off to remove tar and chewing gum and whatever other crap people stick to the floor and the seats in my theatre. It works better than Goo Gone, but note that one of things that Goof Off will remove is latex paint. It sme
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by Frédéric L @ Today at 01:05 AM

Clipping at -1dB and even 0dB seems weird. Normally, 0dB should be the limit value and clipping only occurs with positive values (+XdB). Are this clipping shown (red marks) in the Audacity view ? Reducing the volume should only help if clipping occu
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by emenelton @ Today at 12:52 AM

No, don't record at a lower level. Typically, if you render out of Audacity, just turn the fader up of the piano channel to raise its level closer to zero. I hope audacity has a simple fader. All audio editors allow the level of the file to be raise
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by Stephano @ Today at 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By emeneltonstephano, When you finally got down to posting a recording you did, I was surprised and impressed with how quickly you got it done. There are more typical ways to do what you are doing that don't involve normalizing. Y
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason and Hamlin 1977 Model A for $5000? by Corvus @ Today at 12:15 AM

My dad bought a new M&H model A in 1974; it was the piano I learned to play on, and I still play it often. It has been voiced a few times over the years, but only had the action regulated once, about 4 years ago. It has held up well and is still
Pianist Corner
Has he been invited to this thread? It might put the "incoherent hate mail" in context. Or maybe not...
Piano Forum
Thank you so much for this! I had seen the Baldwin but not the others. I am seeing lots of great prices on Young Chan pianos. I know nothing about Them and I have not played one. I was wondering if This is a good brand? (Sorry for typos, posting
Pianist Corner
The author has written something of a response Originally Posted By authorI’ve never had so many people read my work before, which is exciting! But I’ve also never gotten incoherent hate-mail from strangers before, which is less exciting. I imag
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by TimR @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By TimR While we have an expectation kids will love learning for its own sake, that is rare. What motivates most children is the relationship with the teacher and the desire for approval. In lessons t
Pianist Corner
Ok, now I don't feel quite so bad about my original response...
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevisSlightly OT - if you think that Rach 3 is almost impossible with orchestra, how about without orchestra? Here is a performance by a great talent (unfortunately no longer here), which was first brought to my attention
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY pitch raise by a semitone - good idea? by Steven Bolstridge @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Get a professional to do this. You will be adding roughly two tons of stress to this piano, and the 100 year old cast iron plate may have weak spots. It will likely do fine with the pitch raise, but it has to be done correctly.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help With Hand Position by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Hi Nelson, this week working I'm working on a little piece that has that exact chord/fingering that's annoying me. My initial reaction like you was; why bother? I think there are good reasons to bother though. The main one being it's a very standar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good piano, and a good deal Baldwin Baby G by ebonykawai @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Not sure where in central FL you are, but these might be worth checking out: http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/5662334406.html http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/5690218055.html (unless it's a GH1) http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/5638676487.html
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What was Mr Cameron humming? by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldi[...] I want to assign The Donald "The Impossible Dream" [...] He may assign himself a few verses of "Who's Got the Last Laugh Now" or, if he's into show tunes "They Didn't Believe Me!" L
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 or U1 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By Lilrascal[...] I have arrived at my conclusions so far by reading Larry Fine's book and internet searches.[...] Maria That should never be your only resource. Since pianos are made of organic materials, each one is different
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By coasterOK, hubby uploaded it to YouTube. Here it is. Please ignore my accompaniment brain cramp at 0:36-38. Augh! All I Ask of You duet - Phantom ^^ what Andrys said ^^ What you said is like when Horowitz said (as qu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by dogperson @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Confession: I did not play at all on the 20-21. I just felt too much like a crab that needed to bury its head in the sand. And then I reminded myself how cathartic playing the piano really is... so today, played and then (as always follows) pra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you guys think about stickers? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By look_aliveI wouldn't put them on a wooden acoustic piano, but on a keyboard they could be cleaned off pretty easily with something like "GooGone" or similar. GooGone is pretty powerful stuff which I know, from pa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 or U1 by Lilrascal @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

I have not played the B3 Yamaha yet. My teacher has a U1 and I really like the sound and touch of the piano. I know I need to try several brands of pianos, but am somewhat intimidated by the process. I have arrived at my conclusions so far by read
Piano Forum
Just want to note that piano prices vary greatly according to the regional market. Around here I don't think anybody should expect to find a decently playable grand piano of any kind for under $5000.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

I am curious about which particular pieces you find deep and meaningful. I think the biggest problem with Alkan is that many of his pieces are about one third too long. Another big problem is the extreme technical demands his music often makes.
Page 4 of 47 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 46 47 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin SF-10
by PattyP
21 minutes 40 seconds ago
Happy Birthday Leon Fleisher
by Keith D Kerman
Today at 12:41 PM
Interesting Article on Digital Scores, Copyright, and Hire
by WhoDwaldi
Today at 12:08 PM
Rhapsody in Blue - Cool Arrangement & Performance
by Piano World
Today at 10:52 AM
How Much Does it Cost to Duplicate Upright Bass Strings?
by Musicdude
Today at 06:53 AM
Forum Stats
84,394 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,093 Topics
2,542,552 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission