Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
71 registered (Anticlock, A Guy, bigjayuzumi, 25 invisible), 1045 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: chopin_r_us There are recordings with double notes (rebounding) where he obviously went a tweak too far! He screwed up the back checks. Everybody does the first time they mess with back checks. They're one of the most diffi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slipped and fell on ice today by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom ChristianOriginally Posted By: dynamobtI slipped and fell. I broke my fall with my left hand. Consider a pair of Yaktrax Traction Cleats*. My wife has a pair and swears by them. She has yet to slip on any icy surface whil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

I have a one inch binder I put all my sheet music I'm working on in. They're in plastic sleeves but I need to find ones that are anti-glare. My ceiling light shines on the left hand side of my paper and it's annoying. I too have headphones but my
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Love Rachmaninoff <3 Who is with me? by piano_friend @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Pv88, you should also finish Elegie and post it, you play it very well!!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated notes technique by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

I agree with Greg that flexion is the more efficient idea. Instead of 3-2-1, I prefer 4-3-2 or 5-4-3-2, depending how many in a row I need. The thumb is just in the wrong place to be useful here.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

When you tune all the center strings, then come back later and tune all the outside strings, it's not as stable as tuning all strings of the unison before tuning all strings of the next unison, Starting at the low bass and ending in the high treble
Originally Posted By: RalphI don't think the video quality is a problem. You play very well. Good technical approach and the music has been well worked out. The biggest issue I had was with the piano. It's a nice instrument, but a little out of t
Jump to new posts Re: I Love Rachmaninoff <3 Who is with me? by piano_friend @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Hakki, thank you! I guess that transition was performed longer because every note is written with tenuto, portamento, so it took some time for me to sing them well enough ;))) one day everything will be changed and we will all have a chance to record
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

+1 on MuseScore, Headphones, Clip Boards, and a rug under the pedals.
I don't think the video quality is a problem. You play very well. Good technical approach and the music has been well worked out. The biggest issue I had was with the piano. It's a nice instrument, but a little out of tune and I found that distra
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: FrankniOriginally Posted By: SvennoRach 3, the mother of all piano concerti. I didn't know he had undergone a sex change. , you are funny!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Need gearchoice help - the "ultimate" setup by Auver @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Hi all and thanks for your replies. I just want to clarify something. The reason why I want to buy new gear is NOT to compensate for my playing. My playing is something I work on all the time. I think of these gear purchases as an investment. If som
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone recommend a piano lamp for a vertical? by supersport @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Looks like she and Pete may have reached a deal for his unused lamp.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Almaviva..., use Hebrew caligraphy written right-to-left, .... It can be written in Roman letters, too. I had a Yiddish-English dictionary long ago that was all in Roman type and L-R. Probably could be done it Cyrillics, too
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to practice piano efficiently...for advanced pianists by piano_friend @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Thank you Chopinaddict :)))) Pv88, I have checked all your recordings you sent me, and Really enjoyed the music, thanks for sharing!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe? by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Retsacnal* I know multiple people who've purchased new BMWs in Germany, driven them around a bit on vacation, and then shipped them home tax free. That's called a European Delivery (ED) program. It's not any type of internatio
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs CA95 by Vincent S @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Hi, I'm pretty much also undecided between these two pianos. Which setup do you guys recommend? I'm playing mostly at home (living room) with 2-3 other instruments or probably can stretch to small gigs of 10-12 people (also at my living room). Aesth
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with best Acoustic Grand and Rhodes by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Gear Acquisition Syndrome
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with best Acoustic Grand and Rhodes by Auver @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: pspicerWhat is GAS? I see it mentioned in the context of wanting to upgrade but have no idea what it means. Yes, please answer this.
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with best Acoustic Grand and Rhodes by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: pspicerWhat is GAS? I see it mentioned in the context of wanting to upgrade but have no idea what it means. GAS = an incurable malady unique to gear geeks that can only be (momentarily) assuaged by lusting after - and buying -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slipped and fell on ice today by Tom Christian @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: dynamobtI slipped and fell. I broke my fall with my left hand. Consider a pair of Yaktrax Traction Cleats*. My wife has a pair and swears by them. She has yet to slip on any icy surface while wearing them. * Nope, no affilia
Jump to new posts Yamaha cvp-20 parts help by crosstalk @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Hello. I have an old Yamaha Clavinova CVP-20. The trouble is the some keys require more force than they should to generate sound. I have tried cleaning the contacts on the circuit board and rubber strip, but I think the rubber strip is too far gon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New piano coming today! by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesHaha, I also forgot to tell you all that I am Chopin... ...Well, you'd think it's because I'm referring to the fact that it's not my first language, but really the biggest hurdle is that I'm dead. Yes, I can se
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slipped and fell on ice today by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Take care and take your favorite meds! Last time I slipped, I felt like I had been in a car crash.
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with best Acoustic Grand and Rhodes by pspicer @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

What is GAS? I see it mentioned in the context of wanting to upgrade but have no idea what it means.
Page 4 of 114 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 113 114 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do we teach phrasing
by piano_friend
01/30/15 11:12 PM
Octave stretch kind-of
by jim ialeggio
01/30/15 09:47 PM
Yamaha cvp-20 parts help
by crosstalk
01/30/15 08:33 PM
Slipped and fell on ice today
by dynamobt
01/30/15 06:14 PM
Brodmann PE 187 vs Ronisch 186 vs Yamaha C3x
by Sitbon
01/30/15 05:38 PM
Forum Stats
77938 Members
42 Forums
161077 Topics
2366160 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission