Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (alerique, accordeur, ambrozy, 36251, alwatson, ahoffmann, 38 invisible), 1679 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How to test a used piano before buying? by Doug M. @ Today at 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By kristiank What are your recommendations as to how to test the instrument In general, check all buttons that have lights, and check all dials or sliders work and do what they are supposed to do. Make sure you check the headphon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha soundboards and back posts by andres_1001 @ Today at 02:42 PM

I have tried a few Yamaha pianos like the jx-113 and the ju109 and I liked them, though the m3 is supposed to be better. I've also played the p22 made in the US and it is a great piano.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: "Avoid Notes" sucks by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 02:33 PM

here's the OP ideal of completely free, creative improvisation freely atonal, better than those silly, formal, notated serialists
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adding Muffler Rail to Upright Piano by Tuneless @ Today at 02:28 PM

There is no way I would attach something to my tuning pins! These guys are nuts. I much prefer chopin_r_us' solution.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by mcoll @ Today at 02:22 PM

Yes, it was a bit misleading when I read about the different versions, that's why my question (which I later edited out). Now a question for present owners. Would you go for Stage or Standard? And why? Owners of both versions, please chip in Also,
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My latest keyboard song :) by Simon_b @ Today at 02:22 PM

That is lovely :-) It reminds me vaguely of the Twin Peaks theme. Cheers
Jump to new posts Re: How to test a used piano before buying? by mcoll @ Today at 02:13 PM

Well, I'm no expert, but this is the way I'd go about it: First ask if you should be aware of any problems - keys, buttons, connectors, speakers (just to help him recall if there are problems) or anything else. If the seller is moderately honest, yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by Jean Claude @ Today at 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By Jean Claude It is a little odd to read of Chopin as a Polish composer, I think of him as French. Although he may have been born in Poland he took the earlist opportunity to move to France. And who
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by Nikolas @ Today at 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By mischeliIf you can not spend enough time to find each chord properly until a perfect flow, then your composition is not good. It's just knocked together. You gets artificial music. Unfortunately, artificial music is unfortunat
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by R_B @ Today at 02:04 PM

I complained about the somewhat OPTIMISTIC wording of the claim that the Standard version can play ANY fxp. Many owners don't have an issue with it, or I didn't word my complaint well enough to get my point across. Anyway, YES with Standard you can
Jump to new posts Re: Splicing a bass string that's too short by Bourniplus @ Today at 02:01 PM

I guess I could have added "as long as the winding doesn't reach the termination point".
Jump to new posts Re: How to test a used piano before buying? by Frédéric L @ Today at 02:01 PM

I have used an old synthesizer where the headphone plug was so noisy to be unusable, but its main output was perfect. Then you have to test all outputs. I have now an other synthesizer where no key responds with the same touch sensitivity... If you
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by mischeli @ Today at 01:58 PM

If you can not spend enough time to find each chord properly until a perfect flow, then your composition is not good. It's just knocked together. You gets artificial music. Unfortunately, artificial music is unfortunately everywhere. Artificial JA
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by Qazsedcft @ Today at 01:58 PM

@dogperson: How do you search IMSLP by grade?
If it's not terribly different from the other keys at least, I'm not sure it sounds wrong. Lower keys always have a significantly lower decay time. The isolated sound seems relatively accurate to me. Just saying Worth trying to compare with a simila
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Music Theory by johan d @ Today at 01:52 PM

If you master the French language, this is a great course... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eluko81Rgg
Jump to new posts Re: Splicing a bass string that's too short by accordeur @ Today at 01:50 PM

The top of the winding would end up over the termination point. I don't think it would work.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by AZNpiano @ Today at 01:49 PM

I am hesitant to offer any kind of help in this situation because we don't have the whole story. We might be seeing the tip of the iceberg, and the bulk of the problem hasn't been brought up. We can only "guess" what the main problems are
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Steve Peterson @ Today at 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By Markus03Hi everyone. The salesperson was willing to take a deposit to secure both pianos for me, so long as I was willing to sign a contract that I would purchase one of the two (which is fine by me). Don't sign that contract
Jump to new posts Re: How to test a used piano before buying? by hughconway @ Today at 01:45 PM

I'm not sure if there is a standard technique but the main parts are: The motherboard - if the piano powers on and displays information/LEDs light up the it probably works. The amplifier/speakers - if the piano makes noise without any buzzing or cr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by Piano*Dad @ Today at 01:45 PM

BTW, whatever happened to the Rachmaninoff as Spy thread? Why was it locked up. JoelW's posts changed dramatically earlier this year. Someone suggested his account may have been hacked. Seeing the shift in his posts made me wonder ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by Piano*Dad @ Today at 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By Jean Claude It is a little odd to read of Chopin as a Polish composer, I think of him as French. Although he may have been born in Poland he took the earlist opportunity to move to France. And who
Pianist Corner
Ramzi, Why don't you post a video that shows any hand/wrist/arm issues you want people to examine.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by Nikolas @ Today at 01:34 PM

Music theory is nothing but the analysis of previous works by composers and pointing out the common threads... The making of some kind of "rules" which, apparently, almost all the composers followed. In that sense 12 tone theory, is theory
Jump to new posts How to test a used piano before buying? by kristiank @ Today at 01:30 PM

It seems I'll have the chance to test and potentially purchase a 5 year old used Roland HP305. What are your recommendations as to how to test the instrument to ensure it is fully functional? Any golden rules out recommended procedures you are aware
Page 4 of 86 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 85 86 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What piano wood do you prefer?
by andres_1001
05/03/16 06:37 PM
Soundboard braces
by Beemer
05/03/16 06:13 PM
The Troll thread for Fer Kawai de Kawai
by bennevis
05/03/16 05:50 PM
Backposts
by andres_1001
05/03/16 05:15 PM
Piano String Covers - Canada
by ryanmanwich
05/03/16 04:29 PM
Forum Stats
83,497 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,376 Topics
2,520,922 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission