Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
120 registered (ajames, Auditor, ando, AndrewJCW, anrpiano, 33 invisible), 1236 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here know... by Terry Michael @ Today at 04:30 AM

Or a half tied to an eighth!!! Yes, that's it. That's 5 beats.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here know... by Terry Michael @ Today at 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By NikolasA dotted 8th tied to an 8th. Thank you! Wait, you meant dotted half tied to eighth I think?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here know... by Terry Michael @ Today at 04:24 AM

Thank you!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here know... by Nikolas @ Today at 04:22 AM

A dotted 8th tied to an 8th. Thank you!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by chopinoholic @ Today at 04:14 AM

my first couple of reviews. More to come! 01. wouter79 - Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331 (1783) Well done. You played this hard piece elegantly and light. Thanks for some Mozart! 02. INBoston - Waltz Am (posth.) INBoston, this is amazi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Beemer @ Today at 04:08 AM

JOHNKIE, On the 25th I said there was clearance at the sustain rod. Ian
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here know... by Terry Michael @ Today at 04:08 AM

Thanks everyone for the help on that one. Does anyone know the answer to another question? This is driving me crazy: If a piece is in 6/8 time, 6 beats per measure and the eighth note gets the beat, how does one represent a measure where one would n
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts An old style composition by Ganddalf @ Today at 04:05 AM

Sheet music: https://app.box.com/s/s70ph1f4cu6nwiqocts5zkk92hkrfe30 Audio recording: https://app.box.com/s/w5ifh16baplgiqr2p736r120fium14cw Video recording: https://youtu.be/eF2CnjOIOrI
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose Or join a choir. That last bit puzzles me. Taking lessons in an instrument is about learning and acquiring skills (in playing an instrument). How can a choir do that? Who teaches you anything one-on-one (or at
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dare to challenge your own "musical taste"! by Terry Michael @ Today at 04:00 AM

What a great post. I never cared for Bach but the last couple of years I started taking classes on studying his music and his life and have learned some pieces on the piano and I really enjoy it. An intense respect and appreciation grew from me di
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by Rex Tremendae @ Today at 03:37 AM

Thank-you very much for your response! Much appreciated.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Nut Hunt by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 03:14 AM

This is as delightful as your description of the foraging squirrel. Very little music survives the rigid artificality of digital programs and far too many "composers" rely on facile speed and arpeggios. But this piece is so well writte
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by Gary D. @ Today at 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By TimRMaking a photocopy just because you need two copies for whatever reason is not even close to gray, it is black and white illegal. I doubt that a student doing it would ever be prosecuted. A teacher running a for profit bu
Adult Beginners Forum
Or get your daughter to "teach" you by showing you what she learnt in her lesson. I once aksed my then 8 year old son to show me what he had been doing in judo. The next thing I remembered was laying flat on my back looking at the evening
Adult Beginners Forum
Vienna, I'll answer as a piano teacher and say that I think you should indeed trust your misgivings. Your daughter's piano teacher is *hers*. Not yours. I'm glad she has a fine one. Now your job is to find another fine one for yourself. Or maybe eve
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 02:21 AM

I wish I had been forced/cajoled/bribed to carry on with violin after my one year of playing it in grade 5. But you need a private teacher to make it work, not just a classroom teacher.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dare to challenge your own "musical taste"! by keystring @ Today at 02:10 AM

I made a personal choice in that direction for a reason. I found myself limited by what I was used to. It's like everything was in a box, I heard everything in the framework of music fitting those structures, and it stopped me from hearing and imag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by oldmancoyote @ Today at 02:09 AM

In my view the answer is "it all depends". At $15 k or so you are in high quality territory for an upright, but pretty close to the bottom for a serious grand (new). Yes, the actions will feel different, but a good quality upright action ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dare to challenge your own "musical taste"! by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 02:03 AM

I think that sometimes it takes us a while to grow into things. My mom used to say, "Tastes do change with age." She was talking about flavors, like cayenne and ginger and green peppers. But the principle can transfer... I have a book o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by oldmancoyote @ Today at 01:54 AM

My understanding is that Jay is an employee of Roland whose name is Jay or begins with J (just like James Kawai is an employee of Kawai called James). My observation as a reader of the boards - and owner of a Yamaha - is that both will answer questi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 01:44 AM

Yep.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by oldmancoyote @ Today at 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By PianolanceIf I'm not mistaken Elvis had a Knabe.Maybe he did, but it wasn't a Knabe covered in gold leaf.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by Rex Tremendae @ Today at 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By shalomjjFrom Jay Roland this was posted in the thread on the FP30 showing that the tuning is fine: Originally Posted By Jay RolandHello all, I have been on vacation for the last 10 days, but wanted to pop in and let you know tha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by Mark_C @ Today at 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistI think people need to stop distracting each other from my very important question. Let's keep the thread on track here, guys. No problema!!!! 30 31 32 28 23 17 21 14 26 8 7 4 3 22 27 15 13 18 24 12 16 1 11 6 2 5 1
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dare to challenge your own "musical taste"! by peterws @ Today at 01:14 AM

Maybe we shouldnt put music in boxes, although it is convenient to do this for identification purposes. But surely so much decent modern music is a development of classical which time and talent has enabled. And jazz is an aberation of similar. Mu
Page 4 of 81 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 80 81 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I just played a Steinway model B (from the 70's)
by Venividivici
9 minutes 46 seconds ago
What determines which key a piece is in?
by Works1
38 minutes 53 seconds ago
How to improve my playing?
by Cedric De Boom
Today at 08:14 AM
Help needed - Yamaha Arius 142 v Kawaii ES 100
by piano_quest
Today at 05:46 AM
Upgrade to Roland F P30
by Jack Gately
Today at 04:51 AM
Forum Stats
83,779 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,955 Topics
2,528,173 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission