Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
109 registered (alienT, Albert Brighten, 36251, ADWyatt, Alexjr1543, 5/1/19249, 33 invisible), 1817 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Simulator by Herr Weiss @ Today at 06:07 PM

I'm still running Windows Vista, sigh.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by chopinoholic @ Today at 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By chopinoholic ... with heavy grapes. Now that must be a scene Fixed! Lol.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Simulator by Bob @ Today at 06:06 PM

The beats are audible though speakers and tuning is very easy using the arrow keys. Can you assign notes on the keyboard to rows on the computer keyboard? That way it would be easier to play checks when learning a temperament. The notes below A 3 d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-piano 4-hands for intermediate student by Nikolas @ Today at 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By EPHi Nikolas, NIce music, I enjoyed watching. Thanks for the suggestions, but at this point, I am still looking for music written specifically for two pianos. whoops. Sorry about that. I misunderstood.
Pianist Corner
This is not free- but I love Adagio for Strings by Barber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOxatYhtRNM
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by BruceD @ Today at 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By Logan AveryThere's a Samick in my area I might check out, it's at a pretty good price... Thoughts on the Samick? I don't think I have played one yet. I would think, based on this statement from the "Piano Buyer" [Ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Simultaneous Keys in Chords by ee375 @ Today at 05:50 PM

I have noticed that occasionally when I play some 3- and 4-note chords all the keys are not all hit simultaneously so the chords do not sound crisp. By no means is this a large difference, but it can be noticeable when listening carefully. Not sure b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for the Right Piano Lamp..... by FrankCox @ Today at 05:43 PM

What about a floor-standing arm lamp?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By JoBertOriginally Posted By MarieJthere was not enough room on the bed for it and us at the same time. If you don't have enough room in your bed for yourself and your piano, you're just not a dedicated enough pianist! Perh
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA67 - Need Brighter Sound... help? by Vince81 @ Today at 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By kapelliDo not force yourself to get the same sound. Play a month or two with default samples, and than go to play your upright. And let us know what you prefer. This may be quite interesting experience to you. This is very true
Pianist Corner
Hi JFDilmando, You can imslp.org for a wealth of sheet music! All public domain.
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Daniel Richter @ Today at 05:31 PM

My 2 cents on all this subject: Trying in person the digital pianos before you buy is ideal, but by great part of the world impossible. Also there is a lot that you can't notes in a simple test playing the piano. Specifications that manufactures gav
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs Yamaha N1 or N2 by Vince81 @ Today at 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LOriginally Posted By Vince81We are talking about the best Digital Hybrid piano can offer in the market. My understanding is that Yamaha calls hybrid a DP with a real piano action, and Kawai, a DP with a soundboard. T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Logan Avery @ Today at 05:25 PM

There's a Samick in my area I might check out, it's at a pretty good price... Thoughts on the Samick? I don't think I have played one yet.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by Scordatura @ Today at 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By Sam S Some people can visualize the score - I can't.You can ,  just never have used. You can trust me - I have known for almost 70 years,that I can not remember visually the musical text. It turned ou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fit and Finish of Keytops by Norbert @ Today at 05:14 PM

Ed & Rich: Norbert
Piano Forum
The amount of $$$ before you think your piano is the best? IMHO, $100.00. You will always think your $100 piano is the best of the $100 pianos. You will not defend your choice against the Tier 1 pianos. If you buy a $5,000 piano, you will alway
Interesting idea, kapelli...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by joe80 @ Today at 05:11 PM

That's kind of what I was thinking. I know of a 1969 Hamburg Steinway B which has just been sold, fitted with a new Steinway action and keys, new wrest plank, new soundboard, new damper action, re-finished, and re-capped bridges, re-strung, etc for
Piano Forum
Quote:Last time I checked all evidence points to life as a one-time experience. I have many people who once they acquire a great piano, (and the majority of these are Steinway) tell me it is the best purchase they ever made. Carpe Diem!! From my own
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by hreichgott @ Today at 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By ShiroKurohreichgott , I'm curious about your suggestions (but I can't practice 5 hours a day if I want to keep my job! Would you be willing to share them anyway? Sure. I never spend 5 hours a day on the same piece anyway so th
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Scooby Hoo @ Today at 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacSalute him? For what? The entire thread can be condensed into a simple statement: Digital pianos have poor sound because: 1. The sounds are looped. 2. They lack resonance. 3. They lack sustain. etc. etc. etc. The same i
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs Yamaha N1 or N2 by Frédéric L @ Today at 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By Vince81We are talking about the best Digital Hybrid piano can offer in the market. My understanding is that Yamaha calls hybrid a DP with a real piano action, and Kawai, a DP with a soundboard. Then it seems me strange to use th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Searching for the Right Piano Lamp..... by newbert @ Today at 04:56 PM

I'm not sure whether this is the correct sub-forum for this question. If not, I apologize. I'm looking for the right piano lamp for my upright piano. It's an Essex EUP123 and the lid overhangs a bit at the top, which creates a shadow at the top of
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs Yamaha N1 or N2 by kapelli @ Today at 04:55 PM

NFexec, Considering that you have a great grand, and need the digital as backup instrument, I would just buy Kawai CA67. Same action and sound as CS11 for a bit more than half of the price of CS11. CS11 may also an overkill in small room. and CA67 i
Page 4 of 82 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 81 82 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
kabalevsky piano concerto in d major (9 years old)
by audrewh
08/29/16 09:14 PM
NPTG syllabus--help!!!
by chasingrainbows
08/29/16 09:05 PM
Best piano sound
by Steveskates
08/29/16 08:12 PM
best scanner app for iPhone/iPad
by ShiroKuro
08/29/16 07:31 PM
Yamaha DPs: Drop the bass?
by Gombessa
08/29/16 06:50 PM
Forum Stats
84,820 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,843 Topics
2,551,493 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission