Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
127 registered (36251, accordeur, 255, akin, Adam Schaaf 58265, AndreaS85, 32 invisible), 1705 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By TunerJeffAre the keys used? Not often...there is little call for them in the real world. Is there a benefit to having them? Absolutely. .....Additional benefit comes from sympathetic vibration of the extra strings, too. The I
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by ando @ Today at 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By toddy Yes, I agree. I think anyone with an ounce of common sense will agree with that. It's hardly an issue at all really. It's a curiosity. A trifle. A bauble of a problem. You are prone to exaggeration, I think. Why would it
Pianist Corner
Yes, of course there is a "huge middle area" for much music. It depends upon what you mean by "great". Not so great music can be learned technically and musically relatively easily and quickly, but the OP referred to "great
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by Sand Tiger @ Today at 02:27 PM

Congratulations on the beautiful new piano Stubbie.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music name by Damon @ Today at 02:25 PM

Avast blocks the first link with a threat detected. I won't try the other two.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by bennevis @ Today at 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By TheodorNThen I would like to know this: What is it called when I've practised a simple piece 100 times, most of the time at a snail's speed, 30% of the assigned tempo of the piece? I stutter, I stop most of the times, but I'm tr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The Piano Music of Charles Ives- master class by Dfrankjazz @ Today at 02:22 PM

Spend an hour with America's GREATEST composer CHARLES IVES. You've never heard this stuff before (probably:) Includes a mini-workshop on the use of dissonance in modern music. Free. https://youtu.be/otGAvFUYDMk
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by earlofmar @ Today at 02:21 PM

from bed to piano......very efficient
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by dmd @ Today at 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By TheodorNThen I would like to know this: What is it called when I've practised a simple piece 100 times, most of the time at a snail's speed, 30% of the assigned tempo of the piece? I stutter, I stop most of the times, but I'm tr
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by toddy @ Today at 02:19 PM

EssBrace rejoined: But I still say that if it were possible to design a grand piano action but without the tangible feeling of the let off point, that's the way it would be. And we wouldn't be having this conversation. Yes, I agree. I think anyone
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by krikorik @ Today at 02:19 PM

A bullet proof packaging for such an instrument will not fit trough your door. Kawai is responsible for delivering the unit to you, but the carrier company seems to be the one giving a rough treatment to the unit. The type of damage you show confirms
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Buzz..?? by Gene Nelson @ Today at 02:14 PM

Had one once that I spent many hours locating buzzes Turned out to be bridge cap glue joint that failed
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help being calm in front of teacher. by keystring @ Today at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By rocket88With students who have this occur I often step out of the studio room for a few minutes and let them warm up...They have traveled in from a busy day, are in a different room than their familiar home practice room, playing
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by EssBrace @ Today at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By EssBraceAre we missing the point though? Not if, as I said above, the notches are smooth across the board and that they represent the lowest point at which a pianissimo could be played. If these crite
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor by Nahum @ Today at 02:09 PM

Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Iori Fujita @ Today at 02:09 PM

"The music is wandering around, which becomes boring after a relatively short period of listening (incomparable to the exquisite Italian Concert nr 1). " " If this really is Bach, then I would consider it to be one of the worst pieces
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm working on a Mark Hayes arrangement that I've played before but now I want to have it memorized to record it. Those page turns are a mess, and plus, I haven't memorized a piece in a while. Also there's a Debussy piece I was supposed to learn fo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Piano light / lamp recs by Zerlina @ Today at 02:05 PM

I'm looking for suggestions on a bright, even piano / light lamp. The one I have now is okay but the lighting on the page isn't even. I'm looking for a lamp that will give me more even lighting for times I'm playing in the evening. Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova's escapement simulation by toddy @ Today at 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceAre we missing the point though? Not if, as I said above, the notches are smooth across the board and that they represent the lowest point at which a pianissimo could be played. If these criteria apply, the notch can b
Pianist Corner
I compiled the links of the winners of the preliminary round. Those with a (Q) have automatically passed. 1. Ms Soo Jung Ann (South Korea) 2. Ms Miyako Arishima (Japan) 3. Mr Tymoteusz Bies (Poland) 4. Mr Rafał Błaszczyk (Poland) [/url] 5. Mr Łu
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by indigo_dave @ Today at 01:50 PM

My aim here is to reinforce my point/position that although one does not have to play drums, one must listen to rhythmic music to be a good jazz player. And I argue that listening to blues and old R&B has all the rhythms that you will play in ja
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by Rerun @ Today at 01:48 PM

And we still haven't discussed whether the score must be right side up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHojOJn2MuI
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is this something? by JoelW @ Today at 01:46 PM

Aha! It's from Pour le piano - Sarabande. If I had remembered to include the F bass with the A minor chord, you would have recognized it even the though the key is wrong. Thanks everyone.
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by Alan Tripp @ Today at 01:43 PM

Jack, that is what mine looked like as well, though this "upgrade design," I'm fairly sure, is just Kawai carefully bending the component since it takes up less vertical space at a ~45 degree angle than a 90 degree angle.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by peterws @ Today at 01:43 PM

We had a grand once. When the wife played it, our 2 yo went to sleep. When I played it, the dog went crazy . . .
Page 4 of 94 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 93 94 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Re-gluing Ivory Key Top
by akin
45 minutes 51 seconds ago
A question about scales
by pianoaspirant
Today at 04:14 PM
Ok, let's swing Hanon #1
by rintincop
Today at 03:55 PM
(Sight) Reading material with prerequisites
by 255
Today at 03:43 PM
Regular tunings or only when it's out of tune?
by LS35A
Today at 03:13 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,032 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,535 Topics
2,399,705 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission