Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (AllanH, anotherscott, augustm, accordeur, 39 invisible), 1500 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Artist's conception by dewster @ Today at 01:46 PM

rd-760 - please!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by mom3gram @ Today at 01:41 PM

I like what you did with this, Crocus. I had enough trouble learning how to play it as written. Your way sounds much more interesting though.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Jay Roland @ Today at 01:35 PM

I haven't found a playing situation that required more than 49 keys on this board so far. Synths get too squeaky up high, and too growly in the sub bass region for my taste. So the range is just right. But have had a TON of fun with the sequencer s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pollini plays Chopin Etude Op.10 No.4 by AldenH @ Today at 01:33 PM

In this etude, Sidney Foster delivers visceral excitement in spades, plus some interesting voicing at the return of the A section: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMFa-F_qa7c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by chopinoholic @ Today at 01:32 PM

Beethoven op. 110 all movements, but emphasis on the fuga. Addictive little sonata . Chopin op. 28 no. 17. Mozskowski op. 72 first one.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Crocus @ Today at 01:29 PM

Here's my number 6. If it sounds familiar, it's because it's one of the blues melodies from the Level 1 Book of "Alfred's Adult All-in-One Course". It's called "Why Am I Blue ?". I've been learning how to play stride, a sound I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Alexander Borro @ Today at 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By casinitalyI think the up for grabs is potentially chaotic. Let's wait to see how this unfolds- there are only a few of us, we're all committed to doing our best.... let's be patient Personally I don't think I'm going to write t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No. 2 by chopinoholic @ Today at 01:19 PM

I do nothing else but 13251. With this fingering you can 'rock' your hand a bit to help slam the pinky and with the speed needed. That 32nd triplet passage is best done with a plain hand spread, balancing on the second finger with swivelling motion
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for bridle straps? by TunerJeff @ Today at 01:16 PM

Mark, When you follow yourself in a decade on those 'cork-only' replacements, not taking the time to use a dab of glue, you'll find that the cork dries and falls out with time. Far before the straps fail. It is low quality, cheap and spongy stuff. N
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by mom3gram @ Today at 01:16 PM

Yes, Cathy. I noticed that they were in your list too. I love patriotic songs, Sousa marches, etc. I'm going to keep playing those until after the 4th of July, and maybe learn a few more by then.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help choosing a piano for under $500 by Rickster @ Today at 01:14 PM

I've been watching this thread with interest, but have yet to post a comment. Having a weakness for a bargain, and a love for pianos, I have indeed seen (and bought) a few decent pianos for $500 or less. Keep in mind, however, that I am a tinkerer/
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ Today at 01:12 PM

Wow, thanks for all the stats, Clef! Who are these readers? Do you think some of them might be brides? Do you think some of them might be event planners packing heat under their clipboards? Let's hope so. Actually, I am horribly out of date referri
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 01:11 PM

As long as it can lean against the wall without collapsing, it's in good shape.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Control at the piano. What is it? by Albunea @ Today at 01:09 PM

Jytte, I've been all my life listening to music, and now piano music, but I never analyze it. I can understand how it would be helpful for me to see it in detail and pieces in my own endeavor with the piano, but that can't be easy. For me the first t
Jump to new posts Re: Numa Compact keyboard by Michael H @ Today at 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By gracegrenPlacing a pre-order on the Numa today. Congrats! If you have time once you get it, please let us know how you like it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help choosing a piano for under $500 by Person222 @ Today at 01:01 PM

Thanks everyone. I will let you know when we find our piano! Thanks a lot for all the good advice.
Jump to new posts Re: Numa Compact keyboard by Michael H @ Today at 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By Michael HIncidentally, I found that turning the soundbank button off functions as local off, which can be useful when sequencing and otherwise. For instance, Cantabile midi-ed back in can give spl
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by dewster @ Today at 12:55 PM

One artist's conception of the JD-XA done better (can't have it!):
I don't do social media, otherwise I'd definitely ask him
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Today at 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By casinitalyI think the up for grabs is potentially chaotic. Let's wait to see how this unfolds- there are only a few of us, we're all committed to doing our best.... let's be patient - agreed. We're testing the water, we shoul
Jump to new posts Any good cliches to recommend listening to ? by indigo_dave @ Today at 12:53 PM

I've been writing music for about 6 months. I've been trying to avoid cliches. But someone (Mark Polishook - a wonderful teacher BTW) suggested I try writing some cliches. And it dawned on me that imitating or (hopefully maybe better) mutating them
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ Today at 12:52 PM

mom3gram - our tastes in music are remarkably similar I play both of those, and Memorial Day weekend is the perfect setting.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Artists conception of Roland JV-XA done right by dewster @ Today at 12:51 PM

A fantasy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Today at 12:50 PM

I think the up for grabs is potentially chaotic. Let's wait to see how this unfolds- there are only a few of us, we're all committed to doing our best.... let's be patient Personally I don't think I'm going to write the music down. Mind you , I ha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No. 2 by Hakki @ Today at 12:50 PM

https://youtu.be/06WsvanxZhA?t=243 set low speed to analyze.
Page 4 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 100 101 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Quiet Practice Mode Question
by Stevie Mars
05/25/15 05:08 PM
Jazz Lessons DVD's
by btcomm
05/25/15 04:54 PM
Ernest Fanelli (1860 - 1917)
by Michael Sayers
05/25/15 04:41 PM
Question for Jay Roland re RD64
by ClsscLib
05/25/15 04:31 PM
More String Leveling Fun
by Scriabin67
05/25/15 04:18 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,417 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,328 Topics
2,410,357 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission