Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Fine guys, I managed to produce something out of your advices. Knowing that the chords were the same unlocked me a lot, and using VLC as you mentioned dire_tonic, happened to be quite easier. For some reason, I did not manage to get the end completel
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Fun etudes? by chasingrainbows @ Today at 04:41 PM

My young students really enjoy Dozen a Day, but other than scales and arpeggios, where can I find exciting etudes that provide a strong technical foundation for students over the age of 10 that are in Level 2 and up? For example, Etude Energetico is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Damon @ Today at 04:41 PM

A pianist and an oboist are walking down the street and the oboist says, "Was that a piccolo I saw you with last night?" The pianist replied, "That was no piccolo, that was my fife."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Damon @ Today at 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: slipperykeysOriginally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: slipperykeysStory told by Peter Sellers that he claimed was true Why not? Having played in a band for the last 30 years, I knew where this joke was going on the fi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I found a used one for $600 Thank you for the reply!
Thanks, cool. Very detailed answer. And yes, exactly, upright pianos do feel differently, you're right!
Jump to new posts Re: M-Audio Oxygen 88 vs. StudioLogic Numa Compact by Digitalguy @ Today at 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: KbeaumontThe Oxygen 88 replaced the ProKeys88 / Keystation 88 both had the same weighted action the only difference was one had sounds the other was strictly a controller. The Oxygen 88 might be better, but I was so disgusted w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: picking a fight: how many movements in op.110? by beet31425 @ Today at 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: beet31425 But does the "Allegro Molto" section of op.110 really feel like an introduction? Or does it feel like a short but full scherzo, complete with middle section, that happens to blend
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Plowboy @ Today at 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Rickster And, Plowboy, if that dealer is reading this thread, maybe it will make him/her change his/her ways... or, maybe not. It was a salesman. I think the store manager, who I suspect is a straight shooter, wouldn't be ha
Pianist Corner
That article would carry more weight if it weren't for the fact that the Tchaikovsky Competition has the best record among big competitions, bar none, of its first-prize winners becoming household names in the classical music world. From Van Cliburn
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Art_Vandelay @ Today at 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Damon What did the accompanist ask the singer?Do you want this too fast or too slow? Now THAT'S a good one!
Adult Beginners Forum
It's always nice when we hear about a place well known for us Duetos da S restaurant just won the Certificate of Excellence 2014 by TripAdvisor website. Check it out: Duetos da S at TripAdvisor
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in G by Ritzycat @ Today at 04:09 PM

Noticed a few errors in my score (notably the last few measures not being treble on the left hand) http://www.scribd.com/doc/235479079/Impromptu-in-G There is the updated score.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: beet31425 But does the "Allegro Molto" section of op.110 really feel like an introduction? Or does it feel like a short but full scherzo, complete with middle section, that happens to blend seamlessly into the real int
The DGX650, P105, and P35 all use the Yamaha "GHS" keyboard action. Their sound generators are probably different (certainly, the P35 is different from the p105). But if you turn off the power, the keys should feel exactly the same, acr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by bennevis @ Today at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Plowboy "I'll be Bach." After all that abuse on poor old Johann Sebastian (unless, of course you mean PDQ), I think I'll go Bach to the Future - an era when I can summon my faithful automaton called J.S. (a.k.a. Joh
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts EPP2014 Restaurant - Trip Advisor by CarlosCC @ Today at 04:06 PM

EPP2014 Restaurant - Trip Advisor
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by prout @ Today at 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: TimROriginally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: keystringYes - pure or clean. Interesting. Thanks. It would seem that the shortened form 'Quinte', used in German, still implies a pure or clean fifth interval, which co
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: picking a fight: how many movements in op.110? by beet31425 @ Today at 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_CYou hung (hanged?) yourself with your own petard (or rather, he with his own): Quote:"....it is the extraordinary third movement that dominates discussion of this sonata. Beethoven combined slow movement and finale i
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by TimR @ Today at 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: keystringYes - pure or clean. Interesting. Thanks. It would seem that the shortened form 'Quinte', used in German, still implies a pure or clean fifth interval, which could be interpreted as beat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: picking a fight: how many movements in op.110? by beet31425 @ Today at 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: careyOriginally Posted By: beet31425Bruce, Are you saying that in Tovey's scheme, section 4 begins with the Ab minor Arioso, and therefore section 3 is only one page long? -J Certainly would appear so. BUT - now I've chang
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A pianist joke by Plowboy @ Today at 03:56 PM

A Hollywood producer comes up with a brilliant idea for a film that he knows will rake in the cash: an action movie about the Three Bs. He phones Charles Bronson, and he says, "I'd love the part of Brahms!" He phones Chuck Norris, who rea
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: A443 Olek, those are parallel fifths which are to be avoided in contrapuntal writing, not perfect ones. In jazz harmony, when writing for sax soli, for example, the P5 is not used since it does not add colour like the other
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: TimROriginally Posted By: Dave BI have no idea why they call them "Perfect." IMO it is merely tradition, one that conveys no useful information. I just call it a fifth. Perfect does no
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita' by Visalia @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris H.I'd say 0.03 was Bmin7 To be more precise, it's at the end of 0:03.
Page 4 of 116 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
129 registered (a-z0-9, 36251, A Guy, 34 invisible), 1585 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156291 Topics
2295354 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin E250 1998
by sort
07/30/14 08:11 PM
Shostakovich and Prokofiev
by Verbum mirabilis
07/30/14 06:01 PM
Used piano buying choices
by BrianDX
07/30/14 05:55 PM
You & Your Piano
by DancerJ
07/30/14 05:12 PM
Fun etudes?
by chasingrainbows
07/30/14 04:41 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission