Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help by beet31425 @ Today at 12:14 PM

I think the fingering suggested by the OP's edition is awful. Try it with the exact same fingering as in m.10. And as you practice it, give yourself time to set up that D. You can even put in a tiny pause, when practicing at a slow tempo. You'll fin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help by BruceD @ Today at 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: YoungNoir[...] For measure 12 I use 3 on B natural and then bring thumb onto D, but this feels totally un-smooth and weird for me and I can't play it fast. Measure 37 I use 2-3-4-1 with 1 being on the G natural, this is better
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
This seems to be similar to the problem I had: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2330269.html
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Sustain Pedal Issues: Spurious Inputs by PianoRoll @ Today at 12:12 PM

I got it replaced and the new one works just fine. It was resolved pretty quickly (sorry for the delay on my end) - thanks to Thomann/Kawai.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano by phantomFive @ Today at 12:10 PM

lol "the objects in that hotel are available free! All you have to do is pick them up and take them home!" I know someone who had her car posted on craiglist at a low price as a joke. By the end of the day her voicemail was filled with se
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by bkw58 @ Today at 12:08 PM

(Welcome back, Dan.)
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Olek @ Today at 12:06 PM

I may have miss the "wrong key" idea. sound possible for sure
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help by YoungNoir @ Today at 12:03 PM

Thanks for the reply, yeah that's the right measure. I know what you mean, only the run in m.12 ends with a D whilst m.10 ends with a B. I use the normal fingering in m.10. My edition has 3 on the B in measure 12 though, basically for m.12 B (3) D (
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Exorcist movie main theme by Danijelcro @ Today at 12:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQhrR2X6DLk Church organ+piano
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I can only Trill well on good grand pianos.... by phantomFive @ Today at 12:02 PM

If you are having trouble trilling on an upright, your trills might not be even, or similar. I would suggest checking things like that out before blaming the piano. It will make you a better pianist.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano by bkw58 @ Today at 11:59 AM

George C. Parker says it's legit. (Beware of the "good faith" deposit.)
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Silverwood Pianos @ Today at 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBThe first thing to check on the keys is that the black keys are installed in order. Sometimes people are careless. Yep. First thing I noticed. That black key appears to be in the wrong place as the bend at the front is equa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I can only Trill well on good grand pianos.... by RonaldSteinway @ Today at 11:47 AM

It is true that we can trill easier on good grands. But in general, we should be able to trill on most pieces on decent uprights. If you cannot do it, you need to improve your trill skill, because most of the time, we do not get to play on good grand
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff - Five Preludes by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 11:44 AM

Hi, Kuanpiano -- very enjoyable listening! I particularly enjoyed the first one, which is not as well known -- Rachmaninoff in his "Neo-Classic" mode. A few of the Etude Tableaux have a similar style. Also, I quite liked the B minor --
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding Schafer and Sons VS52 by michaelha @ Today at 11:40 AM

$300 seems about right. Probably better off selling as is than getting it tuned and fixed up.
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Del @ Today at 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Jon PageThe piano was probably built by Young Chang.... The piano was probably built by Samick. (Well, back in the 1960s I think the DH Baldwin brand also appeared on some pianos built by Yamaha.) ddf
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano by Rich Galassini @ Today at 11:38 AM

Ummm... I don't know what to make of this, but this appears to be one of the pianos that was purchased by a large hotel here in Philadelphia. The person who is managing the facility has no idea that this is on Craigslist. This smells like a scam t
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by bkw58 @ Today at 11:37 AM

Thanks, Mark. Quite succinct. It seems, then, like Newton's third law at work? Following this to its logical conclusion is a challenge. Finding a way to predict or anticipate it is worth a golden hammer. Look forward to your demo.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano by wimpiano @ Today at 11:29 AM

Wow, that's incredible.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: AZNpianoOriginally Posted By: ArghhhDoes anyone use the Succeeding at the Piano series? I have. Alfred Premier is better, though. Why
Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTThere are many compression crowned soundboards that have been housed in reasonably stable humidity that last many decades with no problems. You can't argue with success! And there are many compression-crowned so
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by BDB @ Today at 11:20 AM

The first thing to check on the keys is that the black keys are installed in order. Sometimes people are careless.
.... Can you be a little more specific as to the year and model of Baldwin? I think Ed McM has presented you with lots of useful tidbits in v-bar profiling etc. Del may have a thought or two as well. Such a role reversal...
Originally Posted By: OlekOriginally Posted By: chernobieffQuote:Whether or not this is the best way to build a piano soundboard system remains debatable. ddf Del, How many systems are there, and which do you believe are in contention? 4 basic wa
Another method is a negative crown, as used by Rippen.
Page 4 of 87 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 87 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai CE220 CA65 cabinet vibrations
by origen
09/23/14 04:43 PM
Baldwin 243 for Grade 4 students - Advice please!
by LeslieG
09/23/14 04:39 PM
Exorcist movie main theme
by Danijelcro
09/23/14 12:03 PM
Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano
by Rich D.
09/23/14 11:05 AM
Baldwin capo: a metallic-buzz sound generating system
by A443
09/23/14 11:00 AM
Who's Online
143 registered (Arizona Sage, accordeur, anotherscott, ajames, 39 invisible), 1630 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157711 Topics
2316590 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission