Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
82 registered (Anita Potter, A Guy, Al LaPorte, Anne'sson, ALEXANDER DYKER, 36251, 23 invisible), 1323 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mistakes and loss of artistry when recording by hreichgott @ Today at 12:47 AM

Hi there Corvus, Originally Posted By: Corvus CoraxI can play every section of a learned piece for myself withour mistakes, and I really like my performance. Do you mean that once in a while you can play every section well, or that you can play every
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Wow you guys are great! Thanks a lot for all of the suggestions. A lot of companies market "grand feel" or "feels like a grand" actions but quite simply, it is just marketing. My fear is that if you don't have the actual action
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1929 Aeolian upright player - decent quality? by JoeThePro @ Today at 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeTheProI was surprised to find the hammer butt screws are in the back of the rail! Never seen that before. Must be how all the old pianos were? That will make my life a little more difficult, I think. Disregard this, I see wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts is it possible for me to learn piano? by Ekik @ Today at 12:38 AM

Hello, I'm a 16 year old boy who has had a passion for music since a very young age. I am in my school's advanced choir, and was wondering if it would be possible for me to become as skilled of a pianist to enroll in a music university if I were to b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of taking piano lessons again by hreichgott @ Today at 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88I'm out of ideas. That's exactly the right time to restart lessons. Sounds like you picked a promising teacher -- let us know how it goes Have fun!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven op. 110 complete sonata by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 12:27 AM

Hey, Tony!~~ Several thoughts after scrutinizing your YouTube performance. 1) Have you ever had a chance to play Beethoven on a period piano? If not, I think your technique is perfect for it. You realize details in the score so perfectly, that I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jazz Study Group Thread Jazzpig, there's thousands of posts in the thread above with an index. Chord voicings, rootless, two handed, etc. They're all in there. Someone even turned it into a PDF.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1929 Aeolian upright player - decent quality? by JoeThePro @ Today at 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveThe hammers look in surprisingly decent shape from what I can see. I believe the hammer felts were replaced something like 10-15 years ago, and barely used since. I think the damper felts were replaced as well. Got
Adult Beginners Forum
Ken, let me compile the changes as a PDF and then I'll PM you with it. It's a bit far out as you know. And thanks for the nice comments Evamar and Ken!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:05 AM

I have heard rumors that Steinway NY built a few pianos with cedar boards sometime in the early 20th century.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by phacke @ Today at 12:04 AM

I have been reading this thread, and while informative, there are few key things things that don't sit quite right, perhaps because of oversimplification, don't know. Originally Posted By: Del Laminated soundboard panel construction offers several r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lifetime Piano Tunings with New Piano Purchase? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:03 AM

Well if his business plan includes limited time in a given market he may pull it off by leaving in five years. What is his previous track record. I would send in a "shopper" to get the deal in writing.
Jump to new posts Re: "The Day After Forever"--Burke/Van Heusen (1944) by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Thank you, Felix! Coming from you, that means a lot to me! I hope to record another, different tune for Christmas on a broken-down, vintage Haddorff "vertichord" with a busted bass bridge cap. I love the vintage voicings! --Andy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lifetime Piano Tunings with New Piano Purchase? by MusicMasters @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Agreed on all points. However, this gentleman is new to the area, but claims to come from a family of Piano Dealers. I'm curious what loopholes exist. Time will tell whether he stays in business...
Jump to new posts The New custom-modded VPC1 by RavenworksDesign! by PianoManChuck @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

I've had the pleasure to try out the new custom-modded Kawai VPC1 by Ravenworks Design (builders of Ravenscroft concert grand pianos). WOW!!! Here's my review: http://youtu.be/rIRI7rDR5js If you're going to NAMM 2015 next month, you've definite
Jump to new posts Re: Alkan: "Le Grillon" Op. 60bis. by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

Ethan, On wr's recommendation (and as a radio lover) I started with the WUOL version. I wish I had caught it live over the airwaves. Every composer needs a definitive interpreter, and as far as Alkan goes, you are he. Don't argue. Excellent work
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Crumb's Makrokosmos Vol. II No. V Technical difficulties by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Brendan is right. I don't play this piece myself, but one other thing I might suggest is aiming for maximum "singing" friction of the tumbler against the strings at a slower rate of movement (perhaps more downward force), still accomplishi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the breathing technique when playing fast? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: riley80Not 5 hrs straight, but I had an organ and piano stint for a total of a couple of hours and my right FOOT ached when I drove home. Any way to prevent this? Are you too high from the pedals?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1929 Aeolian upright player - decent quality? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

The hammers look in surprisingly decent shape from what I can see.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to discourage a cat from jumping on the piano. by personne @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Thanks everyone for advice. Today I put a runner on the piano, the kitty immediately came to see what's going on, jumped on the piano, slipped on the runner and thrown it on the floor. The sound of the piano does not bother him - he likes to listen
Jump to new posts Re: Korg LP380 or Casio PX150 for beginner? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Either would be suitable. The korg has more tones, but lacks the ability to split the keyboard. Both boards have (imo) excellent actions (for the price). The casio is more portable and less expensive (even if you get the stand/triple pedal upgrade
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elbow pain by quodlibet @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

A few years ago, I developed tennis elbow while working on a Mozart sonata. I can't say exactly what I was doing that was causing it, but definitely I was too tense, particularly when playing octaves. I know that my wrists were pretty tight too. At t
Jump to new posts Re: Svyatki -- Sergei Lyapunov by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Wow, Tim! (Seems like a lot of my comments about your playing start with, "Wow, Tim!") I *love* this piece you've given! (I saw it appear when you posted it, but didn't have time to give it a proper listen, so I didn't even start.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1929 Aeolian upright player - decent quality? by JoeThePro @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

So, some of the dampers were not damping, but after the move I noticed that pretty much none of the dampers, except for the lowest octave, seemed to be doing much. A visual inspection showed that they were touching the strings, but they must not have
Jump to new posts Korg LP380 or Casio PX150 for beginner? by SKding @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Having played guitar for nearly 20 years now, I am looking at learning the piano. I have narrowed the choices down to the above two models and I am wondering which one will you guys choose?
Page 4 of 100 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 99 100 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I just bought a Casio PX-780
by Rozzok
12 minutes 29 seconds ago
trill RH: the LH goes too fast
by Lorcar
Today at 06:44 AM
Kawai's CS series are hard to find..
by vcsel
Today at 06:14 AM
Which Treble Mute works the Best?
by Paul678
Today at 04:39 AM
Blubbering and friction
by music32
Today at 03:22 AM
Forum Stats
77349 Members
42 Forums
159977 Topics
2349315 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission