Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
138 registered (Alexmos, accordeur, Alexander Borro, AmateurBob, 31 invisible), 1601 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And so the search begins... by backto_study_piano @ 05/22/15 11:29 PM

Hi - it will make an amazing difference if the piano is located in a room with all hard surfaces (thinking of the C7 experience). It's worth checking out one in a different location, as they are a great piano. I've read comments on PianoWorld a few
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Stubbie The above quoted analogy relates to Tip #1, if I'm reading it correctly. But that analogy doesn't quite reflect what a good teacher would do: the teacher would explain and demonstrate the cutting, measuring, and timing sk
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-150 recording by Charles Cohen @ 05/22/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By T E Bekken . . . Amazing sound, really. Nice playing, too! I can learn something about harmony from that . . . . Listening, my first thought was: . . . You should really try Pianoteq!<G> It would give longer sustains
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play by briandang @ 05/22/15 10:40 PM

Yes it's the thumb then 5 transfer that I was asking. I guess I was not holding the key "hard" enough because I was soft on the thumb to have not a loud sound. So I think just push it down soft for sound then hold it down firm until 5 is on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And so the search begins... by Markarian @ 05/22/15 10:29 PM

Choices! If you make it up to Seattle and want to play a really well-prepped newer B, let me know.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano notes vs another instrument by keystring @ 05/22/15 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By fizikistoKeystring I thought about using the recorder as an example, since the descant recorder transposed the pitches up one octave, it's easy to understand that transposing the written score down saves you from having to d
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bradbury Spinet piano help??? by BDB @ 05/22/15 10:00 PM

This is not the place to ask about this; it should be in the Tuner-Technician area. If you cannot find any screws or pins, it probably slides forward or back, and you may need to lift at some point.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And so the search begins... by dynamobt @ 05/22/15 09:50 PM

This will be another fun journey for me as a spectator. I'm looking forward to your posts as you search for and play various pianos. Sure hope you find your last lifetime piano!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: John Thompson's Modern Course by grace_note @ 05/22/15 09:45 PM

I used John Thompson's books as a kid. Now, as a returning adult, I'm using Alfred's. I did buy the JT books for nostalgic reasons, and I do play out of them when i'm bored. I think it's good to grab music from different sources. Keeps things int
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play by hreichgott @ 05/22/15 09:43 PM

Do you mean the half note? You'd play it with the thumb, then quickly transfer finger 5 onto it while keeping the key down. I'm not sure exactly what is causing you to double-hit the key without watching you, but some things that could cause it wou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano notes vs another instrument by hreichgott @ 05/22/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By fizikistoDru_Morgan P.S. Let's say you have an A-transposing Hornamijig, but your friend has a B-flat transposing hornamajig. It can have the the same fingering as your instrument. You Play the "C-note" finger
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Playing by ear"? by hreichgott @ 05/22/15 09:32 PM

There are different degrees of skill. Just like there are beginning sight readers who can slowly puzzle out notes on the staff, and expert sight readers who can crash through just about anything you put in front of them. A beginning ear player can h
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha MM8 by SelfTaught99 @ 05/22/15 09:32 PM

Yeah I'd much rather save up for the MOXF at this point. The MM just isn't appealing. And I know this may sound childish and the abilities of the board are much more important than aesthetics, but let's face it. The MM is ugly, there I said it. But
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wear out a DP ? by Jay Roland @ 05/22/15 09:31 PM

As an example, there is a music school here in Edmonton that is still using a fleet of HP-237's every day. They were manufactured around the turn of the century (1999-2000) and are still going strong. That's a testament to a quality instrument. 1
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by hreichgott @ 05/22/15 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgott Some pieces by living/recent composers that I very much want to learn soon, and am sure I will become attached to upon learning: Rzewski - Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues Hovhaness - Sonata "Total Eclipse of the Moon&
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by hreichgott @ 05/22/15 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDAny piece that I would play as an encore would be a piece that I have had in my repertoire for a long time, not one that I had just learned. While some might not appreciate any difference, to me, there is something about e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to put my piano by Raindrops @ 05/22/15 09:16 PM

Every single little thing will affect my piano. To say it has an attitude is to say the least. I feel like playing a new piano every day.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano notes vs another instrument by fizikisto @ 05/22/15 09:14 PM

Keystring I thought about using the recorder as an example, since the descant recorder transposed the pitches up one octave, it's easy to understand that transposing the written score down saves you from having to deal with a bunch of ledger lin
Jump to new posts How long to wear out a DP ? by Charles Cohen @ 05/22/15 09:09 PM

This topic comes up occasionally, and I have no idea of the answer: . . . How long does it take a DP to physically wear out? I'm not talking about becoming obsolete -- that's a function of how the market develops, and how one's taste changes. But
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Jay Roland @ 05/22/15 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By Bachus Just a few questions.. As you seem to have access to inside information.. - will there be an ipad app for edditing and access to more settings? - will it be possible to assign the knobs and sliders to midi CC or just cont
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts And so the search begins... by Caine @ 05/22/15 08:55 PM

I've thrown my hat in the ring to begin the search for a new grand- ideally something in the 7' range. I've had and am still enjoying a Kawai KG-2D that I bought new in 1988 (made in 1987) when I first moved to Oregon. It's been a great piano for
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Zerlina @ 05/22/15 08:44 PM

USER LOCATION: East Providence, RI USA MAKE: Yamaha Clavinova MODEL: CLP 535 CONDITION: Brand New PRICE PAID: $2,300 (Plus $161 tax; price includes trade-in of Casio Celviano AP 420) DELIVERY CHARGE: None VENDOR LOCATION: North Providence, RI VENDOR
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ 05/22/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianTo be fair, I worried for weeks that the problems I was experiencing was some soer of permanent disability. I'd rather the piano be wrong than my cochlea. I'm sorry you had to go through that, very glad that it wasn't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by Rickster @ 05/22/15 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboyI thought this thread would be about Rickster and his collection! Well, I'm down to just 4 at the moment (not counting my digital ). 3 grands and an upright. And, it is apparent that I don't know a thing about NY real-
Originally Posted By toddyHere I am still looking at anotherscott's suggestion: the Samson Graphite 49. I'm poised to buy it as Thomann have good deals right now. Before I commit myself (and the funds arrive in my Paypal) I would ask if anyone has a
Page 40 of 101 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 100 101 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Any good cliches to recommend listening to ?
by indigo_dave
05/25/15 12:53 PM
Yamaha upright "J" model? Question....
by mivaldes
05/25/15 12:05 PM
Studying Piano in a German Conservatory
by Pianist93
05/25/15 11:53 AM
Switching from a Korg Triton - suggestions?
by cullam
05/25/15 10:37 AM
Bolan silent system
by Stefan_578
05/25/15 09:48 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,413 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,321 Topics
2,410,320 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission