Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
106 registered (Amir, 36251, ando, Amosdoll, Abby Pianoman, 23 invisible), 1054 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Teaching Gig is Going Well...... by Peter K. Mose @ 03/24/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By TimR The third step, frequently used by psychologists, is bug-in-the-ear. Not sure what this means, Tim. Sounds like something for the public health department.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime Festival! by Larry G. Alexander @ 03/24/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By mom3gramI really enjoyed those. I thought that those had scrolled off into infinity because of no responses. I am glad that you liked them. Thanks for having a listen. Regards, Larry Alexander
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand aftertouch - a question for pianists and dealers by terminaldegree @ 03/24/15 11:56 AM

The technician where I work has a tendency (perhaps the lack of regulation maintenance, combined with institutional use) to have almost zero aftertouch in the grand actions I regularly play. I HATE it - I feel like I'm playing into a brick wall. By
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Morodiene @ 03/24/15 11:56 AM

A really good thing that some piano dealers do is offer a rental digital or acoustic piano for a certain amount of time. You make monthly payments for 6 months and at the end of the 6 months, you can use your rent payments toward the purchase of an i
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA DGX-650 vs. YDP-142 Arius by Joe Garfield @ 03/24/15 11:53 AM

Note that the brightness can be adjusted with various piano settings, and is highly dependent on your speaker or headphone setup. You can use darker sounding speakers to help negate the brightness. But ultimately Yamaha does have a brighter sound. T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sauter Dealerships? by turandot @ 03/24/15 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By ando This pretty much confirms that there is a turf war going on in Canada... It's probably best to put Canada aside. The protagonists on the short announcement thread are not in a war, at least at this point, and were never
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher- Best Piano Book Method? by The Monkeys @ 03/24/15 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano Most kids who start lessons with me when they are six will be playing at least Clementi Sonatinas by age nine. Some have progressed passed Mozart Sonatas and Bach Inventions. And your students practice 15 minutes dail
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Joe Garfield @ 03/24/15 11:45 AM

If I use a certain pair of ear buds I have, I hear a 'buzz' in the G above middle C (G4?) and very slightly with the keys surrounding G. The sound seems to have almost a spring-like quality to it. It is a repeatable phenomenon, but only with those pa
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Actual Progressive M3s from Dirk's Tuner by prout @ 03/24/15 11:43 AM

For the fun of it, I re-analysed the posted M3s using the more traditional Hann window instead of Rife-Vincent 6. Here is the comparison from F3 to F4: Hann R-F-6 06.75 06.55 06.75 06.76 07.25 07.32 07.50 07.60 08.00 08.02 08.50 08.88 09.73 09.14
Piano Forum
I think it's likely that because both have a soft hammer (or at least had in the past, or should....) and a darkish sound that it suited his style of playing more than the slightly brighter and thinner Hamburg Steinway. Personally I think the piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with "Your Song" by Elton John by Stephen Hazel @ 03/24/15 11:37 AM

Happy to help
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are Hamburg Steinways so scarce in USA? by Chewbacca @ 03/24/15 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By joe80I have a friend who prefers to play Bl├╝thner in Europe, and NY Steinway when he's in the USA. His favourite piano is the US Steinway. He says that the style of voicing on the two pianos are similar. I sort of know what he m
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by lophiomys @ 03/24/15 11:31 AM

re Full ACK: IMHO, Good in the sense that you are right in what you say, Bad in the sense, that we bought flawed music instruments. I am on the third MP7 now, which is going to be returned, because I was sent a demo unit with a dented casing. Bumm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No pedals . . . by Maths @ 03/24/15 11:29 AM

Thanks Sinophilia I didn't know there were special threads on Alfred's books. I'm checking them out now and they look really useful and will certainly help me a lot with my learning. I haven't recorded myself yet but will be doing soon, now that
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Teaching Gig is Going Well...... by TimR @ 03/24/15 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseGreat suggestion, Heather! Observing a private lesson of a veteran teacher is something done very rarely, but probably not that hard to arrange. I agree, that is highly useful. The next step after that, probably
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by Dave Androos @ 03/24/15 11:24 AM

Well one thing is for sure, just by sharing your own personal experiences with stage fright and 'messing up' in this topic I feel more able to forgive myself for making mistakes already! We are human beings after all and it's unfair on ourselves to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Klavimaniac @ 03/24/15 11:19 AM

Thanks for your tips so far, I was hoping a few more owners and connoisseurs would chime in with specific recommendations on which years and and models especially of the larger ones are the best and why, e.g. overstrung vs. parallel and how to deal w
Piano Forum
A question came up in the technical forum the other day about a particular piano (a newish Sauter grand) feeling heavy and tiring to play. One suggestion was to reduce the aftertouch. My question to those of you who worry about these things is how m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wrist pain by Angela62213 @ 03/24/15 11:18 AM

Yes I was. And I think that may have contributed. But now I'm not so sure it's primarily my wrist. I am noticing it goes straight up my arm to my elbow, and when my wrist feels better my elbow still hurts. Could it be tennis elbow or even just hittin
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by ElmerJFudd @ 03/24/15 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By Giancarlo RoblesOriginally Posted By ElmerJFuddPX-350 is a really nice beginner's digital piano. I would suggest just printing a flyer with photo of the whole setup - stand and pedal unit with how you'd like to be contacted and
Piano Teachers Forum
Wasn't me, John. I don't know about the movie's availability for purchase.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by KurtZ @ 03/24/15 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By peterws Some of the best musicians and artists the world has known started like this . . Have fun! Amen Peter. Some musicians continue to amaze on rather humble instruments. I see this all the time working at a keyboard rep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #3 by PianoWorksATL @ 03/24/15 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By KinsMy guess is a Grotrian... Recent. Perhaps a Cabinet? The contemporary Grotrian-Steinweg grands are a bit "stuffy" sounding - this isn't meant as a criticism of those pianos, I jus
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By NikolasIt would be a stretch to include Debussy in works of the 20th and 21st century, even though he did live through the 20th century a little and has tons to offer. What exactly are you looking for? If you're looking for audi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sauter Dealerships? by Almaviva @ 03/24/15 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By master88er Perhaps, this wasn't made clear previously: my shop has a complete selection of NEW Sauter uprights and grands, direct from the factory and with full warranty. As we purchase these pianos in Euros, at the moment (at c
Page 40 of 103 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 102 103 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor
by Nahum
03/27/15 06:48 AM
Valuation/ warped plank
by michaelopolis
03/27/15 05:57 AM
Days when it all goes wrong
by PhilipInChina
03/27/15 04:48 AM
72 BPM is too fast for Bach's Goldberg Variations Aria
by pianoman9
03/27/15 02:30 AM
Royal conservatory certificates, are they worth the hassle?
by YadielOmar
03/27/15 12:43 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,740 Topics
2,388,890 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission