Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
79 registered (Adelheid, barbaram, Bambers, augustm, 36251, 18 invisible), 1506 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by JoeT @ 09/26/16 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By PocomotoI have made a sketch in paint of the shape of the velocity curve that I believe fixes the issue. You can try this out without Kawai's help using MIDI-OX. Connect your Kawai to a computer using a USB cable, set MIDI Local
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by Dashy @ 09/26/16 11:51 AM

Honestly? Partly because I love all music and wish to create my own. Partly because in my 40's and it's good for my mental health and self-esteem. Partly because I'm envious of people who can play music. I did violin for a while, and I loved
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by barbaram @ 09/26/16 11:51 AM

Thanks Mom3Gram, it was fun to learn!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by 9190 @ 09/26/16 11:50 AM

No. Because I hate an idea to use computer with instrument. Even don't want to try. I would like Kawai will give an opportunity to adjust velocity curve in future instruments. Actually, on MP7/11 it could be done even now in firmware update, the sam
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reasonable amount to charge for gig by Redhead1 @ 09/26/16 11:46 AM

I work in Atlanta and charge $400 for a ceremony/cocktail hour, plus an additional fee if I need to bring my own keyboard. You can see my Pricing and Packaging Page Pricing and Packaging Page for more details. I wrote a book called Giggin' for L
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Dashy @ 09/26/16 11:45 AM

Is it normal to come back to a passage and completely have to relearn it every day? I'll relearn it quicker than the day before, but it's disheartening to end one day on a positive. "ok, I got this, albeit slow!" and then feel like a clum
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by mom3gram @ 09/26/16 11:44 AM

Barbaram, I loved Big City Blues. It sounds like a really fun piece.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Gershwin! by Music Me @ 09/26/16 11:43 AM

I so share your sentiment. George Gershwin is my favorite American composer. It is because of listening to his music that I came to love jazz. As we can see, his music withstands the test of time. So fortunate are we to have had him. And Ira.
Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By ntc all i need is nice action, sustain pedal input and usb. the px150 has aftertouch and stuff like that. for wheel-knob-fader purposes i have a shameful oxygen49. Then the px150 should be fine. As lo
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by JoeT @ 09/26/16 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By 9190Originally Posted By MaartinNo graphs are needed to 'prove' the existence of this layer, just sit in front of a CA67/97/CS11 etc, put it on 'Light+' play forte and hear it for yourself. It's very obvious.+1. And MP7/MP11 as w
Piano Teachers Forum
I did the Trinity College exams. I liked the syllabuses because they give students a feeling for the history of music, and the repertoire is mostly unusual and varied and mostly fun to play. It is the exam process that seemed to kill what small co
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by JoBert @ 09/26/16 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By David FarleyThe weird thing about the warranty on my Yamaha CP4 is that it says it may have a battery, not it has a battery. I find it hard to believe Yamaha is changing the innards of these things to that degree within the same
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ 09/26/16 11:37 AM

I have made a sketch in paint of the shape of the velocity curve that I believe fixes the issue. I don't think it is possible to create this curve with the user setting (the way it currently works). The red lines are currently light & heavy acco
Adult Beginners Forum
Is alfred's book enough? or should I also get a good music theory book and read that at the same time? someone recommended me this: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_s...t=relevancerank But it's not a hugely popular book/series, so I c
Piano Forum
Now to turn it upside down. what about a Bose 225 Phoenix with CF soundboard WNG action?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by 9190 @ 09/26/16 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By MaartinNo graphs are needed to 'prove' the existence of this layer, just sit in front of a CA67/97/CS11 etc, put it on 'Light+' play forte and hear it for yourself. It's very obvious.+1. And MP7/MP11 as well. Having MP7 I always
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by JoeT @ 09/26/16 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By BellicapelliIf this is correct, then why are they in the piano, given that they surely consumed resources in being recorded and then occupying memory in the piano? What is the purpose for which they are phisically provided bu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C6x with Disklavier Enspire by Tuneless @ 09/26/16 11:18 AM

I am disturbed that the software that runs the piano is not on the piano, and sure, I can buy some other system, or piano with some other system. But this appears to be the sign of the times, and maybe all automation systems will be requiring access
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clomp! Clomp! Clomp! by Dashy @ 09/26/16 11:15 AM

I have a PX-760. I've been using it for 6 months and some keys are starting to click/bounce on release. It's been pissing me off. My wife assures me it's not annoying while in the same room if I play with headphones on. Also, I notice the actual
Jump to new posts Re: Resolving line noise? by Beemer @ 09/26/16 11:13 AM

Make sure you do not have fluorescent lighting or a dimmer switch in the same room. Do not have a laptop or desktop computer nearby. Remove any powerline network devices from sockets. If your house supply uses 2 pin sockets try reversing the plug
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by JoeT @ 09/26/16 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By JoeTNon-volatile memory is prone to losing its content too after the specified data retention time of usually 10-15 years, which isn't much longer than the usual lifetime of a battery-backed NVRAM. Mode
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Pocomoto @ 09/26/16 10:51 AM

I'm not an expert on spectrum analysis, but I notice more similarities between the 103 and 112 and some clear differences in 125. But probably more important I'm not necessarily trying to prove the difference is caused by the existance of an additio
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Maartin @ 09/26/16 10:48 AM

maurus, No graphs are needed to 'prove' the existence of this layer, just sit in front of a CA67/97/CS11 etc, put it on 'Light+' play forte and hear it for yourself. It's very obvious.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by maurus @ 09/26/16 10:44 AM

What is needed here is simply a touch curve editor like the one included in Kawai's VPC1, then everyone can produce her or his favorite curve. Make these curves downloadable and one can even share them. By the way I still think the existence of an &
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by CyberGene @ 09/26/16 10:34 AM

Typically velocity curves on digital/software pianos are just that - curves. The max value should always be reachable and at the same force you apply on the keys. It's only the values in between 0 and 127 that are affected by the curve. For example i
Page 40 of 69 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 68 69 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Has anyone tried skoove.com for learning?
by Matt101
Today at 07:02 AM
Hallet Davis
by LawtonPianoTeacher
Today at 06:26 AM
Group Lessons (Yamaha) Vs Private Lesson
by fofig
Today at 05:49 AM
Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli live in London 1982
by bennevis
Today at 05:28 AM
Practicing: memorizing or reading sheet?
by Adelheid
Today at 04:58 AM
Forum Stats
85,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,431 Topics
2,559,182 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission