Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
105 registered (36251, alwatson, anamnesis, AlexHerrmann, 26 invisible), 1266 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Impromptu on 'Picardy' by Jack Hodkinson @ 05/28/16 03:32 PM

'Picardy' is a beautiful and recognisable hymn tune, based on a French carol and adapted by Ralph Vaughan Williams in 1906 for the hymn 'Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence'. It was published in The English Hymnal and has since become very popular, par
Adult Beginners Forum
Johann that is so sweet!!! Yellow roses was my dad's favorite. I prefer the big cabbage roses or antique roses. Those roses are featured in artwork by Fantin LaTour. Check him out, beautiful!!!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Impromptu on 'Picardy' by Jack Hodkinson @ 05/28/16 03:26 PM

'Picardy' is a beautiful and recognisable hymn tune, based on a French carol and adapted by Ralph Vaughan Williams in 1906 for the hymn 'Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence'. It was published in The English Hymnal and has since become very popular, par
Piano Forum
I agree with the piano teacher that a student can reach a point where going to an acoustic piano is a must. But, since you have gotten past that thought process, let's move on. I am not as much in agreement about getting a baby grand, vs a superior
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Problem of twanging note solved by voicing - however now there is an octave with a rather hard sound (it improved - or I got used to it - after an hour of playing). Now technician inspection beckons...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions About Replacing Piano by oldmancoyote @ 05/28/16 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By Rickster I went to look at an older upright piano once, and asked the owner if I could remove the foot-board and look at the bridgesHe probably had no idea there were "bridges" in his piano. Bridge is something his mum
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by oldmancoyote @ 05/28/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79It's possible to tune a piano (1) there are accepted 'temperaments', like ET for pianos. (2) Octaves should not be perfect on the piano, they will sound flat. (3) There is a limit to the accuracy an ear can hear pitch.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Norbert @ 05/28/16 03:11 PM

Quote:I also just read in another post that a 48" vertical was often a better choice than a 52". Comment was made that the 52" often has bass that overwhelms the treble. Not if you carefully select and buy the right 52" upright.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by preludetr @ 05/28/16 02:56 PM

I can play a 10th normally, or an 11th on the edges with my hand stretched all the way.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help fixing static noise on Roland FP8 by oldmancoyote @ 05/28/16 02:53 PM

If I were to guess, an electrolytic capacitor is going or gone, but whether I'm right and which one it is needs at the very least a visual inspection. Depending on how handy you are, you may want to open the keyboard and look at whether any caps have
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 F30 Pedal functioning incorrectly by elAbad @ 05/28/16 02:50 PM

To all: I agree with everything you've said....all of you. And to complete the record correctly, the 435 kms consist of a round trip......it is only 218 one-way. That being as it may, I've already left a message with the person I spoke to in K-EU wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Johan B, did you buy cut roses or are you planting roses. Years ago we had 30+ rose bushes in the ground and in pots in our yard, plus a climbing rose that covered part of the roof with red roses. Now I have 1 rose
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by Edb123 @ 05/28/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By Dave HorneThe 88 key Montage is €4000 here. I shall wait for the £2.99 montage iPad app Lolz
Jump to new posts Re: Soft pedal problem after tuning. by Bob @ 05/28/16 02:40 PM

The O.P. said the issue started after the piano was tuned, and happens only when the soft pedal is depressed. Boston grand pianos often have a heavy touch to begin with. I would imagine the tech adjusted the soft pedal at time of tuning.
Jump to new posts Re: Help fixing static noise on Roland FP8 by peterws @ 05/28/16 02:38 PM

Its a capcitor. The smoothing condenser. Had one go on an amplifier 40 years ago on a valve amp. They wdre pretty much all valve amps then. If you replace it or them in the case of streo (are both speakers affected?) It should be resolved. Alleg
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by kris shendo @ 05/28/16 02:37 PM

My last batch of responses follows: (Many thanks to all for the feedback I’ve received - a great help and an encouragement for future recitals!) 46. Khopin - Nocturne E Flat Mayor - Op9 No. 2 Confidently played. Good build up to the final cresce
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How big are your hands? by gooddog @ 05/28/16 02:37 PM

I can reach an uncomfortable 9th. Staying relaxed with long passages of octaves is very difficult for me and is something I'm working on right now. If only I had another 1/4 inch of finger length. Sigh.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 118 6 Piano Pieces by Forrest Halford @ 05/28/16 02:35 PM

You had me from the first phrase. Fantastic work. I'm so thankful you share with us. F
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions About Replacing Piano by Rickster @ 05/28/16 02:26 PM

Hi Bert, Well, you never know... post your old Fischer on Craigslist for free and see what happens. In terms of finding something newer/better than what you currently have, I see no reason that a used piano dealer should protest if you choose to h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein in Jerusalem by oldmancoyote @ 05/28/16 02:22 PM

http://bechstein.com/fileadmin/media/doc...Old_bis2001.pdf If your recollection of the serial number is correct, it would place it around 1890. A mere stripling.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions About Replacing Piano by Bob @ 05/28/16 02:20 PM

Offer the piano for free on Craigslist. Technicians do go to stores and do pre purchase inspections. Stores are used to that. I did one the other week, and looked at two pianos, one at a private home, one at a dealer. I think the client ended u
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By sarir97I'm going to be in the LA area this week-end. Not sure what shipping costs might be from LA to Phoenix ($800?) but I was thinking of stopping by GL Pianos / "Piano Warehouse" to look at their inventory. One last
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by NotaBene @ 05/28/16 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddOriginally Posted By NotaBeneOne thing is absolutely true though, for a Japanese firm, the first move after the Fukushima disaster, and in a world where more and more people will have hard days paying their electrical b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by gooddog @ 05/28/16 02:19 PM

No, you haven't missed anything. None of us knows this year's schedule. They will be emailed soon. The offered classes, as you probably already know, are on the website. We're all waiting with excitement.
Jump to new posts Re: Problem of Kawai mp11 by JoBert @ 05/28/16 02:17 PM

This definitely sounds like a broken piano. I would contact Kawai support.
Page 40 of 89 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 88 89 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Results, 2015 Roland Digital Piano Design Awards
by ElmerJFudd
33 minutes 29 seconds ago
RD 800 : Weird high frequency sound on key D5
by Homerun
Today at 06:41 PM
Do you "hear" one hand more than the other? Should I?
by Ralphiano
Today at 06:36 PM
I'm unable to find this particular song
by okmmjyygv
Today at 05:40 PM
Samick and Saturn
by Cafman1979
Today at 02:42 PM
Forum Stats
83,837 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,051 Topics
2,529,635 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission