Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (AZNpiano, barbaram, 8opus, Arthell, AJB, 5 invisible), 1732 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Bach anchor points by Bleedingears @ 02/23/17 05:43 PM

What are Bach anchor points as related to a piano? The only thing I've been able to find in a Google search is an obscure article about trumpet mouthpieces.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Timothy-NLNow you do make me wonder about something though. You say try to select a teacher and do what he/she says for 3 months. Are there so many people that quit that fast that you would suggest that or do you mean it in anoth
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts RD-2000 or CP4? by Macsaint777 @ 02/23/17 05:41 PM

Hello everyone. I am currently in the process of trying to figure out which of these two instruments to purchase. I have a pre-order in with Sweetwater for an RD-2000, but having recently become aware of the CP4, I am wondering if it would be a bette
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Piano_BrazilOriginally Posted By RetsacnalI don't think Piano_Brazil lives in Rio, but perhaps he knows of a place you can play there...? Hmmm, it's a long time I left Rio to live in southern Brazil, but I'll try to update a
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevisIf you tell your prospective teacher straight off that your intent is to get into a music academy and that teacher says: "Of course you can", chances are, that teacher is just taking you on for your money. Exac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions Please - Boston vs Charles Walter by Retsacnal @ 02/23/17 05:36 PM

I suspect that Norbert simply means whichever piano's tone is most pleasing to your ear.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Mark_C @ 02/23/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By Franz BeebertSo basically reflets is harder than jardin? Different kinds of difficulty. One thing we can say (I think): Jardin is often played by very young people. Reflets hardly ever is.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by bennevis @ 02/23/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By Franz BeebertOriginally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Franz Beebertwhy is it silly? . My expert advice is that Raindrops keep falling on My Head is way, way, way harder than Gardens in the Rain. You can dash through gar
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By mabramanIt's strange that nobody talked about efficient practice, given the subject. There's a lot of resources on the topic and, above other considerations, seems to be what you really need. High goals with little free time...ne
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's most beautiful melody by Polyphonist @ 02/23/17 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiOriginally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By BruceD[...] G-sharp major, a key that exists in theory only! I always like to bring this up on the highly rare occasions when G-sharp major is mentioned, even if I am the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions Please - Boston vs Charles Walter by cmb13 @ 02/23/17 05:22 PM

Norbert, Thanks for the response. I don't think any of my visitors will have heard of either make, to tell you the truth, and I don't care for status very much. However, I'm not sure I understood the implication - which tone are you considering more
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Franz Beebert @ 02/23/17 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Franz Beebertwhy is it silly? . My expert advice is that Raindrops keep falling on My Head is way, way, way harder than Gardens in the Rain. You can dash through gardens in the rain. You can't keep r
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by emenelton @ 02/23/17 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By NahumOP touches upon the topic, called the approach chords, or just the approaches. Approach ch. always bound with following chord, which is already known ; ,so dim7 always plays the role of dominant7/b9 (without root) in r
Jump to new posts Re: iPad or PC Brass, Sax and/or Guitar Sounds by newbert @ 02/23/17 05:17 PM

Thank You, Both! BTW, Goss - I downloaded the Brass Ensemble and the Saxophone and both are excellent for my purposes! Thanks again!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Franz Beebert @ 02/23/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By SvennoHe's trolling all of us. First time i've been trolled in Piano World forums! No I am not
Adult Beginners Forum
In regards to teachers, I never gut it out if there isn't the chemistry. I am just looking to enjoy the time. For the teacher it is a business, for me it is a hobby. I prefer not to mix the two which is why when I teach Tai Chi, I never take money.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: wnat to improve sightreading by bSharp[C]yclist @ 02/23/17 04:51 PM

I'm sure you can also find stuff on IMSLP. Here is one. http://imslp.org/wiki/Sight_Reading_Exercises,_Op.45_(Sartorio,_Arnoldo)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand position by jdw @ 02/23/17 04:50 PM

Just want to mention that the joint will not necessarily "stick out" visibly when the playing is correct. What matters is what's going on internally in the finger. Especially in open hand positions, the fingers may look "flat" to
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevis If I may make a suggestion - if you want a serious teacher, don't even mention your 'lofty goal' to a prospective teacher. Just say you're a serious student and will put in as much work as required to become the best yo
Jump to new posts Re: CLP545 vs HP603 vs CA17 by 8 Octaves @ 02/23/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By UncleTomCobblyWe have a budget around the 1,600 GBP mark and have created the following shortlist: - Yamaha CLP545 - Roland HP603 - Kawai CA17 The Roland HP603 is modeled. It responses and behaves more like a real instrument.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Timothy-NL I didn't "just" fire her only because she laughed. I did because the laughed and said stuff like "at your age forget it you are never going to make that happen". What goes is a teacher really going
Jump to new posts Re: iPad or PC Brass, Sax and/or Guitar Sounds by Frédéric L @ 02/23/17 04:36 PM

You copy the DLL file to a directory known by Reaper (Typically 64bits: Program Files\VSTplugins or 32bits: Program Files (x86)\VSTplugins..). afterward, you have to make Reaper search for new VST. Reaper enables you to modify the directory path. Y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Greener @ 02/23/17 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis But saying that, if you don't play classical and just want to play simple stuff like RH melody and LH chords, you don't need a teacher... Surely there is some in between. There are some great 20th century compositions a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by pianoMom2006 @ 02/23/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By keystring I don't like the idea, for example, of piano lessons because it will make kids good at math or look good on a college application. But it is precisely those selling points that are keepi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by AZNpiano @ 02/23/17 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By pianoMom2006 My kids attend private school and projects are the bane of my existence. There is no way that these kids are doing these projects by themselves but they sure look good during Open Houses . That reminds me of this
Page 40 of 86 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 85 86 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha DGX 660 or Roland Juno DS88 for First Time Keyboard?
by Clean
02/27/17 03:12 AM
Easy song to start transpose
by johan d
02/27/17 01:53 AM
Question on better sound quality on Skype piano lessons
by z.chen
02/27/17 12:21 AM
Piano Career Academy -diary for Russian Method online course
by Richrf
02/26/17 11:12 PM
Making Lemonade. (Practice while an injury heals)
by Oongawa
02/26/17 09:57 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,812 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,741 Topics
2,602,191 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission