Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (ando, agraffe, AZ_Astro, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1438 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha soundboards and back posts by Rickster @ 05/02/16 05:27 PM

I've only heard of Yamaha upright piano sound boards being made of solid spruce. I would imagine the number of back-posts vary depending on the particular model; 4 sounds like a good average number. Personally, I think Yamaha makes a good, solid ac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha soundboards and back posts by andres_1001 @ 05/02/16 05:13 PM

Hello, I would like to know how Yamaha soundboards are made (sprice, solid, laminated...). Also, how many back posts do the pianos have. How does this differ between their pianos? And what any other important do they have? Thank you for your help!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Yamaha GC2 by Cassia @ 05/02/16 05:05 PM

Congratulations! I'm so happy you were able to make the C2X work, it's a great instrument!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by Tim Adrianson @ 05/02/16 05:01 PM

Hi, RonaldS! What do you mean by "blue line"? Are we still talking the downtown area, and is transportation an easy proposition? In any event, though, I'll wait for CPAC's recommendation -- but it is good to know that there are more r
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Hymn: Your Grace & Mercy by cmajornine @ 05/02/16 04:56 PM

Hymn: Your Grace & Mercy (Audio) Key: A Major Vocal: Ayeasha P Piano: Cmajor9 https://app.box.com/s/yumnsjbtnz1lae5aawmfg84fdpm3djwt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Yamaha GC2 by HansC2 @ 05/02/16 04:36 PM

Congratulations with your Cx2! As I told you: just wait a little and a good offer will come by... Better choice than a new GC2! Enjoy your grand. Cheers, Hans
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Yamaha GC2 by tuffy @ 05/02/16 04:28 PM

Thank You, Rick! This is more info about the C2X's design: http://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/1236/yamaha-announces-the-cx-series-of-grand-pianos/28888
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Norbert @ 05/02/16 04:27 PM

I recently had a customer who decided in last moment to bring his mom. Nice lady but never talked much, not sure if her English was sufficient. Perhaps we all should bring our moms. There's always someone who seems to know more. Luckily, I'm not one
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by wouter79 @ 05/02/16 04:26 PM

Quote: 10. UnderConstruction - Sonata 14 (Beethoven) The FULL sonata? Including the 3rd part?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Used choices: Yamaha P105 vs Kawai CN33 by tsanga @ 05/02/16 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi, excuse me, but this is not a fair comparison... IMHO, Kawai RH present in CN33 is a muchhhhhhh better key action than the Yamaha entry level GHS key action present in P105; even Kawai entry level AHA-IV is much b
Originally Posted By Fer De Armasit lacks of the third sensor and ivory feel that Roland FP30 has and the escapement is more pronounced in the Roland too... with these features in favor of Roland With two sensors, no "escapement" notch and
Piano Forum
The middle pedal probably lifts the bass dampers. That makes the bass notes sustain only, while the treble does not. Sort of a poor man's sostenuto pedal. The bass strings can vibrate in sympathy when a treble note is played, hence the overtone yo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by AZNpiano @ 05/02/16 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By TimR Wow, 30 minutes on the same strategy, without improvement. That is diagnostic. If the strategy isn't working, there is probably some fundamental flaw that needs to be fixed. Try doing that for a whole year, and the pr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dexterity Exercises by Doritos Flavoured @ 05/02/16 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By KenanOriginally Posted By strikefirefallCan anyone recommend how much time you should spend on dexterity exercises everyday? I didn't want to do them for too short of a time or too long. Is 30 minutes a day good? I've looked o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purpose of Middle Pedal On An Old Upright? by Rickster @ 05/02/16 04:01 PM

That is a good question. On the old upright pianos I've owned, I don't think the middle pedal did anything of consequence. Or, maybe I just couldn't tell if it did or not. Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Journal: Chopin Ballade No. 1 Op. 23 by AccidentalDavid @ 05/02/16 04:01 PM

I just wanted to comment to let you know that I'll be watching your progress on this beautiful piece. Your deliberate practice is genuinely inspiring. I wouldn't have created an account JUST to post a reply if I wasn't motivated by you. Thank you!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Printed piano music by Nikolas @ 05/02/16 04:00 PM

Hem... you do know that both Finale and Sibelius do that, right? It's one of the basic functions of a notation software.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dexterity Exercises by Doritos Flavoured @ 05/02/16 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By CompianistPractice arpeggios. The hand contortions may prove to be very useful. yes, absolutely. A huge improver for general tactile knowledge of the keyboard at length. Made my life a lot easier ever since I focused on them
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by Rickster @ 05/02/16 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalRick, I'm starting to think that this is your piano... Well, you never know... the guy could have moved to Baltimore. I think they made more than one Tokai G-180. One thing is for sure... I've learned to recogniz
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Printed piano music by JohnSprung @ 05/02/16 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By StubbieI--with short pieces--I've re-notated the piece in MuseScore, where I can choose how wide each measure is. +1. I love MuseScore for that. It can help to have a big, easy-reading version for learning, and then condense i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by pianoloverus @ 05/02/16 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By ebonykawaiOriginally Posted By pianoloverus And someone is entitled to buy a piano for that reason without being criticized for goodness sake. No one is criticizing anyone. If you say some gorgeous looking piano looks "nic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by phantomFive @ 05/02/16 03:53 PM

Weird, but I don't think a pianist/spy would be very useful anymore. They just wouldn't go to any of the places we really need to steal information from.
Adult Beginners Forum
Something by Liszt, no doubt.....
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Fer De Armas @ 05/02/16 03:51 PM

Hi DawgBone, I agree with you, Kawai ES100 key action not only delivers!, IMHO it has the best key action under $1500 price range, but it lacks of the third sensor and ivory feel that Roland FP30 has and the escapement is more pronounced in the Rolan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Purpose of Middle Pedal On An Old Upright? by newbert @ 05/02/16 03:48 PM

My circa 1904 Fischer upright has 3 pedals. At my level of skill, I've only made use of the right pedal - for sustain. Today, I started playing around with the middle pedal, and I was puzzled by what I found. With this middle pedal pressed, I foun
Page 40 of 85 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 84 85 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mason & Hamlin Visit & ProRecord MIDI System
by Piano World
05/05/16 05:53 PM
retrofitting MIDI on a grand piano
by peterspiano
05/05/16 05:08 PM
Is this possible to pass piano conservatory exam for me?
by PM7
05/05/16 04:53 PM
Larry Greenfield Hand Exercises
by sus4
05/05/16 04:50 PM
Baldwin Model R
by AndreaH
05/05/16 03:04 PM
Forum Stats
83,519 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,437 Topics
2,521,610 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission