Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
135 registered (apianostudent, alerique, accordeur, ajeales, aeroseb, 35 invisible), 1735 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
propianist, I appreciate your suggestions, but I'm with euphoria on this one. Also, I expect a 97-key VPC1 would cost rather more than $100 extra. Kind regards, James x
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by WilliamTruitt @ 02/11/16 07:35 PM

Ad hominem also has the meaning of "appealing to feelings or prejudice rather than intellect". Stephen Paulello certainly is a person of reputation, but that is not why I referenced him. The fact that he was the developer of this new wire should
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by Charles Cohen @ 02/11/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By barbaramI have an inexpensive cable that connects the line out (stereo - 2 jacks) from my DP to a USB input on my laptop, this works *way* better than the previous cables I tried (line out to line in, line out to mic in, headphon
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by cmybliss @ 02/11/16 07:32 PM

Congratulations! I'm right behind you on this one and your success with playing faster gives me hope! Isn't amazing how this piano thing works? Just when you start to feel like you'll never get something it finally clicks and you're left wondering
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning your chords by malkin @ 02/11/16 07:27 PM

OFF TOPIC ALERT Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Nahum...The child doesn't want to walk in the warehouse of notes... What a wonderful metaphor! Thanks Nahum! Thank you, malkin! Always ready insert a portio
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please help with new piano purchase by pianoloverus @ 02/11/16 07:24 PM

It's highly unlikely that any price offered on a "sale weekend" wouldn't be matched shortly thereafter. You can get a rough idea of how good or bad a price is by reading the Piano Buyer. Start with the SMP(not the MSRP) and then subtract 10
Jump to new posts Re: CA67 vs MP11 - Thoughts? Experiences? by Kawai James @ 02/11/16 07:19 PM

Hello Strat, I recall a previous post in which your local dealer quoted a 6-8 week lead time to receive a VPC1, so I'm a little surprised that this has now been increased to 3-4 months. You do not state which dealer is handling your order, however
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail hardeners? by Bosendorff @ 02/11/16 07:17 PM

One word : multivitamins. The brand I use helps keep my fingernails hard and healthy.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11" by Toddler2 @ 02/11/16 07:13 PM

Baldwin pianos are now made in China? That seems so strange. Almost like buying a Chinese Harley Davidson. Do those exist too? That said, there's no reason China can't have good craftsmen. I'd think Renner or Abel or other parts would be the same
IMHO the best keyboard system ever designed to imitate a grand piano was the MIDIboard v3. Instead of using the nowadays popular system of counting time between a couple of contacts on each key and translate this into velocity, the MIDIboard v3 uses
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction! Hello! by Music Me @ 02/11/16 07:07 PM

Welcome, Jen. Just keep playing. And keep recording. Just for you!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail hardeners? by Keith D Kerman @ 02/11/16 07:00 PM

Some guitarists use http://hoofalive.com/
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Third Species Counterpoint by indigo_dave @ 02/11/16 06:54 PM

This ended up being a bit long. But to reply... ...just because you can't hear the notes in your mind's ear right now doesn't mean you can't grow into it. heck, you seem to understand the importance and value. That's maybe 65% (I just made the number
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 Auto Power Off by darrix @ 02/11/16 06:44 PM

yes, I did that, I even left it overnight and then when I woke up, it was still on. By the way, I just bought this piano last month.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail hardeners? by dogperson @ 02/11/16 06:39 PM

My piano teacher has me keep the nails short.... so that the tip is not visible past the end of the finger. That is the only thing that I know really works..... my mother swore by Knox unflavored gelatin, so this would be something easy and cheap to
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 Auto Power Off by Kawai James @ 02/11/16 06:39 PM

Hello darrix, welcome to the forum. It's my understanding that the 'Auto Power Off' function should turn off the instrument after a defined period of inactivity. So if you specify 30 minutes, leaving the instrument inactive (i.e. not pressing any k
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11" by Norbert @ 02/11/16 06:38 PM

I have see the seen the new Baldwins before and was very impressed. Being made by Parsons [same as Brodmanns..] I have no doubt they will be a great success. "Despite" being made in China.... Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11" by Toddler2 @ 02/11/16 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By Rod Verhnjak I have never seen the new Badwinds. Are accu just pins like the micro adjust ones Steingraeber lists as one of their features? What is the purpose of them?
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano under 1500$ by Alexander Borro @ 02/11/16 06:27 PM

AP 650, do you want all the other features and extra sounds or just a basic piano ? because if you don't it would be a bad choice, the AP 450 I own for example has the same piano sounds and action as the AP 650, though the speakers are a little weake
Piano Forum
For those of you who do not know how to tell a Model T from a Model B, here is a Model T. Note the webbed plate, rather than cooling holes.
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by BDB @ 02/11/16 06:23 PM

In looking at the post (I thought it might have been an organ), I got to looking at some of the other Mason & Hamlin pianos for sale. This one caught my interest: Mason & Hamlin model T. For those of you who have not seen a T, notice the p
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by Chris Storch @ 02/11/16 06:20 PM

Same goes for this one... http://www.pianomart.com/buy-a-piano/ad.php?ad_id=27055
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to play?!?!?! by pianoloverus @ 02/11/16 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By supersportI'm glad to see that link to Jarrett's Shenandoah, I've been meaning to play that. Thank you Here's an even better transcription(by Doug Gould) of Jarrett's performance since it includes dynamics, pedaling, phrasing,
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by Chris Storch @ 02/11/16 06:17 PM

Who wants to tell this nice person that Mason & Hamlin never manufactured a square grand piano...? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Antique-Square-Grand-Piano-Mason-And-Hamlin-/121891304238?hash=item1c6149b32e:g:NgAAAOSwzgRWvBJ5
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by Montuno @ 02/11/16 06:15 PM

It seemed like I had come to a halt the last week. I wanted to move on from Scherzino, but I just couldn't let go. Playing it at speed was much more of a challenge than I expected - my brain, my fingers, coordination. It didn't work, I could't play r
Page 40 of 90 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 89 90 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Improv question
by imustlearn
Today at 04:41 PM
"A Smaller Piano for Bigger Artistry" (7/8ths Keyboard)
by Thrill Science
Today at 04:03 PM
Help with buying a grand piano!
by Mcnuffles
Today at 03:51 PM
MP11 sound same as CA97?
by Chris Warren
Today at 03:13 PM
How much does it cost to ship DP to Kawai for repairs?
by 8 Octaves
Today at 03:06 PM
Forum Stats
82,589 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,506 Topics
2,495,386 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission