Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
51 registered (Bachus, barbaram, 36251, anamnesis, AndrewJCW, 15 invisible), 814 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano by Some Pianist @ 07/30/15 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohen It's being replaced by the PX-360 (somewhat improved sound generator, touch-screen display). Well that is unfortunate. Where I live the only option is to buy it from a regular store, and the statistics say that the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTPure 6:3 F3G#3 = G#3F4 = A#3D4 Narrow 6:3 F3G#3 > G#3F4 F3G#3 = A3F#4 = B3D#4 Got it. I checked my code and found a bug: I was printing the m3 table at an offset! I confirm all your m3M3 equalities, except
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne no. 5 by Francoisfj @ 07/30/15 01:55 AM

Thank you for your feedback! It's appreciated, don't worry I'm not upset by your comments The 7 flats issue is true, I haven't taken a lot of theory and basics in composition so I didn't think about it. I also agree, the ending isn't what I planned
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by kaliona @ 07/30/15 01:50 AM

This piano was not really played much. Here are some pics (I hope the links work). Is Samick good or bad? The pics aren't great, but it looks to be in good shape. I'm hoping all it needs is a good tuning. https://imageshack.com/i/ip35dJjMj https:/
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne no. 5 by Nikolas @ 07/30/15 01:44 AM

It's nice sounding. Not what one would call 'original', but why on earth not? There are, however, some issues, or questions, if I may. 1. Why 7 flats? I mean wouldn't it be better to use 5 sharps and go to the B major (or G#m vs Abm), rather than t
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: √Čtude in D# minor by Bullard @ 07/30/15 01:40 AM

It's supa hot fire you should listen to it,, ,
Jump to new posts Re: Split-Treble Upright actions by Olek @ 07/30/15 01:39 AM

Be careful with extra tall verticals as the soundboard get large so if is heavier. An optimum size is given by Fenner above 113cm and under 125cm 130 models have yet prominent basses and mediums, against treble that begin to be weak, producing mo
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by Charles Cohen @ 07/30/15 01:39 AM

"Leaving cash in the wallet" -- that's a rare event! Congratulations on finding a DP that you like, for _less_ than you expected to spend.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Nocturne no. 5 by Francoisfj @ 07/30/15 01:36 AM

Hi, this is a nocturne I composed for the piano, it's being played by a computer software unfortunately, but I'd be pleased to know what you think Nocturne no. 5
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by Dale Fox @ 07/30/15 01:30 AM

The serial number makes it a Samick product. The VS48 means it is nominally a 48" tall vertical. The Schafer & Sons USA made pianos I've come across weren't of higher quality. The worst Schafer pianos I've come across were of Sojin origin
Jump to new posts Re: Split-Treble Upright actions by Olek @ 07/30/15 01:28 AM

Yes the bridge shape shows that the plate break where taken in account. The dog leg is also advantageous to stabilize the bridge against tilting. When tilting a curved shape, the extremities raise. This destabilize the pressure on the soundbo
Jump to new posts Humans Need Not Apply by Tunewerk @ 07/30/15 01:28 AM

Inspired by Ed McMorrow's call to arms in an earlier thread, I thought I'd share this video. Very dense, intelligent and accurate. We are headed toward something different in history once human brains are largely replaced by automation, as opposed t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by JohnSprung @ 07/30/15 01:22 AM

I agree with Rick, $200 you pretty much can't go wrong, especially if you're inclined to try doing your own repairs. Once a year I spend a week on a Schaeffer & Sons baby grand, IIRC about 20 - 30 years old, that's been in hotel service for a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ 07/30/15 01:17 AM

dynomobt - Absolutely, you can be reinstated! I am really happy to hear that you can practice again. I hope all goes well with your surgery.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevis Horowitz rarely ever asked any (living) composer's permission before he made changes to their music (he might just deign to inform them what he planned to do....), and he kept on making changes during subsequent performa
Jump to new posts Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards by damos3000 @ 07/30/15 01:14 AM

I know this topic has probably been done to death already - but I wanted to bring it up, and also say hi to the forum as this is my first post here. I started looking into digital pianos about a month back, and I did alot of research into the diffe
Jump to new posts Re: RPTs, Associates : Patrons and DIYers by Olek @ 07/30/15 01:05 AM

Whenever we can help you of course. I liked your presentation. I happened to have people like you working with me on their piano, you have done yet way more than many hobbyist because you did join physically an equipped shop and where not asham
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By pyropaulOriginally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTWay too much hostility here. I think some of you need to reread the forum rules again. No-one is being hostile. You solicited feedback and w
Adult Beginners Forum
Updated
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproof piano update by Cy Shuster, RPT @ 07/30/15 12:32 AM

Chuck, You've used your expertise and creativity to solve a problem that I've never seen addressed before. It's great (and a little mysterious) how pianos on the sidewalk attract so much more attention than inside a store a few steps away. But you'v
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by FrankCox @ 07/30/15 12:31 AM

Quote:typists do the same Actually, typists DON'T do the same. On a standard keyboard (qwerty or dvorak) you never hit two or more keys at the same time; in fact, keyboards are designed to alternate hands between letters as much as possible. (Try
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 by Cy Shuster, RPT @ 07/30/15 12:28 AM

Mark, NAMM is primarily for instrument manufacturers to sell to retailers. I've been several times. It's enormous: about a million square feet of exhibit space... and it's not open to the public! The piano section is fairly small in comparison, and
Sorry about that. To each his own.
Piano Forum
Yep, it'll be interesting to see what "significant interest" means!
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTPure 6:3 F3G#3 = G#3F4 = A#3D4 Narrow 6:3 F3G#3 > G#3F4 F3G#3 = A3F#4 = B3D#4 This is a really silly thing to offer here. These equalities are based on really rough estimations off of theoretical values. K
Page 40 of 85 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 84 85 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can Anyone Help with Getting Students via my Web Site?
by Publishing Guy
08/02/15 02:39 AM
My visit to the Steinway Piano Gallery to assess pianos
by shirlkirsten
08/02/15 12:16 AM
Famous pianists who were not child prodigies?
by deckard
08/01/15 10:53 PM
Tips for removing leather key bushings?
by machineintel
08/01/15 10:17 PM
Help choosing a digital baby grand
by Or Moyal
08/01/15 10:12 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,925 Topics
2,432,078 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission