Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (anamnesis, anotherscott, accordeur, 36251, Albunea, 30 invisible), 1643 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by johnlewisgrant @ 07/03/15 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By S.H.LeeOriginally Posted By johnlewisgrantOK: as a point of reference... here's my attempt, also Chopin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxGdncwv1N4 My experience doing home recordings.... 1. Your piano must be tuned PERFECTLY.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by Markarian @ 07/03/15 03:34 AM

Quote:Chopin is usually recorded with a hall reverberation, which again makes things very complicated, both in terms of the voicing of the Steinway D (not a B, no one records classical on a B in the high end market). Aww, balls.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by spanishbuddha @ 07/03/15 03:33 AM

I wear varifocals, progressive glasses, but just bought single vision glasses for piano and computer. Good move and should have done it ages ago. Make sure you get the focal distance optimal for intended use.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Fugue14 @ 07/03/15 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By fnorkActually, I just pointed out in an earlier post that a great deal of the judges (with notable exceptions) clearly haven't shown interest in performing either contemporary, baroque nor off-the-beaten-pa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Basic Principles in Fingering by londoncidade @ 07/03/15 03:19 AM

thanks for the topic. I am just a beginner, close to finish beyer. Having difficulties to move my fingers vertically. I just play the white keys after black keys finishes. I mean i dont use white keys next to the black. because there is risk to hi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Those rules would ban an electronic tuning fork or app. I see the words "beat rate generator" and think of bongo drums.
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by daniokeeper @ 07/03/15 02:49 AM

Quote:But I was curious what other people thought. It's always interesting to hear the perspective of non-ptg members on this type of thing. Ryan, As someone who does not belong to the PTG, I respectfully offer the following. You can reach a point
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Competitions and nationality by ConcertEtudes @ 07/03/15 02:03 AM

The strain of travelling and working in a foreign country for 2-3 weeks can also be a concern for jurors. Think about the last time you travelled to a foreign country for vacation where you didn't speak the local language, and the problems that arose
Originally Posted By rysowersI learned something interesting recently. Did you know that the PTG tuning exam allows the use of a Sanderson Beat Rater? This was discussed this past week and it was revealed that the rules do not forbid it, because only
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com by Crocus @ 07/03/15 01:47 AM

bill5 - Thanks, it's just not anything I thought much about till I started posting pieces of music here in one of the forums. Your explanation is a good one.
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com by bill5 @ 07/03/15 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By CrocusElmerJFudd - Thanks very much for that information ! The whole "cloud storage" thing is a bit of a gap in my techno-knowledge It's far less "tech" than many ITers would have you believe. Basically yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by FrankCox @ 07/03/15 01:26 AM

If you get your music as a PDF file you can print it at any size that you need, from miniscule to huge. If you have printed sheets, get a scanner and scan it to an image, then print that at whatever size you want it to be. You can even use the came
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts Recording Forum by bill5 @ 07/03/15 01:21 AM

Just an idea for a forum
Pianist Corner
The school learning of the native language and learning the language of music have common points, but also the differences (about semantics will not say).Both require familiarity with the language, the availability of tools (voice, piano), possession
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Vision is getting to be a problem by Isabelle1949 @ 07/03/15 01:10 AM

I wear progressive lens glasses, but cannot see the music without over arching my neck and that's a problem because I have a 3 level cervical fusion. I picked up reading glasses that help some, but not great. When I picked them out I held up a sheet
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by S.H.Lee @ 07/03/15 01:04 AM

yesterday. the MPA have visits my SK7. He say the new piano need more tuned within two months. This weekend I will recording again.
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by accordeur @ 07/03/15 12:51 AM

Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are great ways of finding new students? by AZNpiano @ 07/03/15 12:40 AM

Your current students and their parents are probably your best resources. Get the word out. Tell them that you are looking for students. A lot also depends on where you live and how saturated the local market is with piano teachers. Finally, don'
Pianist Corner
You want the community to help you put pianists out of work? Are you serious?
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com by Crocus @ 07/03/15 12:34 AM

Kawai James - This is the sort of thing I've read recently online. I remember not long ago when good ol' Grooveshark disappeared suddenly one day and it makes me nervous when I read similar rumblings about Soundcloud. Am I making too much of it
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Tree3 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/03/15 12:28 AM

Wow
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By LXXXVIIIdentesI like the idea of providing a solution, without being too obliging. Is another book enough? Why don't you make two copies - she does have to have one original. Insist the family follow the principle of copyright
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts TreeHouse2 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/03/15 12:22 AM

Big Tree
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by WhoDwaldi @ 07/03/15 12:18 AM

View of neighbor over my hedge. Trunk was very near back of house, and entire roof has a gash. Previous owner to this one did have an upright piano. Tree has been cut up and removed over two days (bucket truck and Bobcat), and a very large tarp is ov
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading application by AZNpiano @ 07/03/15 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By Perecli Now, can I please get some of my original questions answered? Has anyone even read them? Yes, I've read your original questions, and to me those questions indicate that you know very, very little about music theory. Do
Page 40 of 96 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 95 96 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What's the best way to be fired?
by christineka
07/06/15 10:57 AM
RCM Piano Sampler
by qazsedcft
07/06/15 10:47 AM
For Shigeru Kawai SK7 lover(photo album)
by S.H.Lee
07/06/15 09:54 AM
Rattly key on my casio
by LarryShone
07/06/15 08:03 AM
Piano bench upgrade advice
by Dave Androos
07/06/15 04:53 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,888 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,339 Topics
2,424,484 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission