Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
158 registered (agraffe, 5pence, accordeur, AlbertoA, 39 invisible), 2545 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Where's the piano in today's society??? by ilzho @ 01/14/17 04:12 PM

I remember reading history when there was a time in society having a piano was a symbol of mobility/moving up. You would play or take lessons as a child. Now it seems even if you have one, it's just a piece of furniture. I know it has to do with th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with arpeggios ? by Oreki @ 01/14/17 04:12 PM

Im going step by step I learned some chords first I started with this piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhExHmrYhig then went for first three parts of this medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geIiJnbwvjE then first part of: https://www.yout
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with arpeggios ? by keystring @ 01/14/17 04:08 PM

The most obvious thing is that all of your links go to those fall-down graph things showing which piano keys to play, and in terms of Youtube videos, nothing involving how to play physically. Trying to copy anything in full and at speed is wrong on
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
It costs a lot because it is rare and popular.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by BDB @ 01/14/17 04:06 PM

People with that many posts definitely need to get a life!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bands by Wayne2467 @ 01/14/17 04:06 PM

The non classical I guess-wasn't sure where else to post at the time😀 If it's possible to put this in the appropriate section, that would be good👍
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI ES8 BAG - WORTH IT?? by newer player @ 01/14/17 04:05 PM

There are US duties on non-exempt consumer goods imported from Europe. Additionally, many US states charge sales tax. All-in, those might total 12% roughly, depending on the state. US buyer may "get away" without paying all of those taxes.
^^ I can imagine Y ours is a sweet burden though Falsch! I did come to understand not all repairs are done at a client's home though.. I suppose the best way would be to buy a roll of bubblewrap and ductape it round the 17 very tightly.. Lemme know
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by Falsch @ 01/14/17 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By TonyB The point is that we humans can have a tendency to think that what is available and prevalent today is what there will always be. There are a number of famous prediction quotes from well known people in the computer world
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with arpeggios ? by Qazsedcft @ 01/14/17 03:55 PM

Judging from your previous posts you obviously chose a piece that's way too difficult for your current abilities. Technique (including arpeggios) is something that develops over a long time.
Originally Posted By andoThe new Casio GP300/500 action is extremely fast. There was a video posted here that showed it being hit with a mechanical hammer and it was able to do something crazy like 20 notes per second. I'm sure Martha Argerich could
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by BruceD @ 01/14/17 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusIs that a lot? Not to you, it isn't! But why are the four of us who have passed 20,000 still (only) members of the "Yikes, 10,000 post club member"? Cheers!
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to upgrade from PX110 by SirJohn @ 01/14/17 03:49 PM

Well I went to the local place and all they had out was a bunch of Yamaha GHS boards. I can say definitively after trying the DGX660 and the P115, that the GHS action isn't gong to cut it. If anything, it was poorer than the old action on my PX110. O
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed on New Hallet and Davis Piano by Lakeviewsteve @ 01/14/17 03:45 PM

Have you considered renting a piano to determine if your son likes it or not? A reputable piano dealer will rent it to you and apply the rent to it's purchase or if you don't like the initial piano they will let you return it and try something els
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by Carey @ 01/14/17 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogCongratulations Bruce! You have always been a knowledgeable and gracious contributor here at Piano World, (and a valued friend as well.) BruceD is a class act !!! Here's to another 20,000 posts !!
Jump to new posts Re: PHA-50 key action issue.. am I being fussy? by Falsch @ 01/14/17 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By GossRoland will be coming to our house - the detailed description I gave, gave them confidence they could repair in situ - yay =] You're in the Netherlands, and Roland will come to your home to fix this? You don't even *begin*
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts My piano covers/improv(Various songs) by SteenRNS @ 01/14/17 03:41 PM

Hello. I`m new to this forum ,but i thought this would be the best place to post. I play piano mainly as a hobby. Had about two hours of training 10 years ago. Been learning songs of youtube and by ear. I am not a professional and i do not play per
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by pianoloverus @ 01/14/17 03:39 PM

Is that a lot?
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K300 by Paolo C @ 01/14/17 03:34 PM

Thanks, Robert!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts piano by Piano Math @ 01/14/17 03:32 PM

piano and office
Jump to new posts Re: PHA-50 key action issue.. am I being fussy? by Falsch @ 01/14/17 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By Goss The response of my dealer was that the Roland tech he spoke to had not encountered a problem like this in 25 years - this response made me feel like I was being fussy.. I've worked in tech support in the past. "No s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by torquenale @ 01/14/17 03:12 PM

earlofmar, I'm sure you will do well at your exam! If you are sitting in November, you have still plenty of time to prepare it. Also ABRSM second session is on November - December, so it looks like we will suffer in the same period
^^ well I will be sure to have my phone at the ready to take some pics of what this tech will do to our 605's innards - very interested to see inside
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by JoelW @ 01/14/17 03:10 PM

ub3r l337!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Neen help with Yahama disclavier by aomf @ 01/14/17 03:05 PM

I contacted frankandcamille.com. I dont know if they are registered technicians. They are in Long Ireland. A bit too far. Do you think I should go with them or continue searching for some closer technician? Thank you for your help.
Page 40 of 99 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 98 99 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Haydn Sonatas
by Juan Rezzuto
01/17/17 02:56 PM
Best digital piano for classical pianist
by hag01
01/17/17 02:34 PM
Any cool looking stands for Yamaha or Kawai like the Roland?
by polo1
01/17/17 02:18 PM
Sampled vs. Modeled...
by polo1
01/17/17 12:24 PM
"Best" piano sound - Kawai, Yamaha, or Roland?
by polo1
01/17/17 12:16 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,270 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,818 Topics
2,589,294 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission