Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
101 registered (ando, AndreaH, Amosdoll, AlbertoA, 36251, accordeur, 26 invisible), 1417 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
From what I've discovered the amplifiers used in these models are all tripath/class D amplifiers; these do tend to suffer more easily from noise artefacts when supplied by a none too steady power supply and are a little more susceptible to noise from
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by johan d @ 12/06/16 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By earlofmar...as I don't play much for pleasure and no one asks me to.No one asks me either, but if i didn"t play for pleasure, what for then? I spend 1 to 2 (weekend) hours a day with music (not 2 hours only piano), so as a w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by earlofmar @ 12/06/16 05:50 AM

I have been playing for four years now and I would be similar that I can't play much without my music, and my latest piece(s) is about all I can play. However this is partly by choice as I don't play much for pleasure and no one asks me to. If you wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by johan d @ 12/06/16 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaThe 8-year-old children who can read well started at...6 years old? And they have been playing easy pieces all the time. Well I have 2 of them, one playing 2 years the other 4 years. the oldest says: Well I see that dot,
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX 660 or Casio PX860 or Something Else? by Charles Cohen @ 12/06/16 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By BeakybirdRegarding headphone jack, you could run an extension cable and velcroit to the front .. +1. IMHO, this kind of nit-picking is not a good way to choose (or eliminate from consideration) a DP.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by RaggedKeyPresser @ 12/06/16 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By johan d now doing a new piece every 2-3 months. -That seems a bit too long. Why not one every 1 or 2 weeks at an easier level? Without those sheets I can't do anything on the piano. -Likely because of no definition (All it's in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by Albunea @ 12/06/16 05:20 AM

I agree with sinophilia, both. It looks easy when Suzy says it or people do it, but I think playing by ear is even more difficult! Or both are easy, but we can't hurry it, they need time and dedication. I can't be sure but I think if there is a skil
Mechanical Musical Instruments
I have found 2 sites for these fabulous Roll Playing Residence Pipe Organs – one at http://www.aeolianorgan.com/ and the other at http://aeolianskinner.organsociety.org/ but neither site seems currently attended or answers emails directed to it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there any guideline for beginners? by Albunea @ 12/06/16 05:08 AM

Yes, that's very good, Izanami. It's not possible/good to spend a very long time at the piano at the beginning but we can learn related things. If you'll be able to practice for a long time, you will be finding things to do soon enough so now you can
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Bellicapelli @ 12/06/16 05:00 AM

Hello James, yes i think i do. I can hear what the thread opener described: i believe on my ca 63 too there is a very harsh top sample layer which looks to be unaccessible, no matter how hard you hit, as long as you are playing with the normal sett
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by sinophilia @ 12/06/16 04:57 AM

You may want to have a look at this book: http://www.lucinda-mackworth-young.co.uk/piano-by-ear I went through it quickly and then put it aside for now because I'm too busy with the rest of my piano practice, but it's very well written. I wouldn'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by SuzyUpright @ 12/06/16 04:54 AM

I do for sure...one of my piano-goals is to be able to play with friends, and scores would have no place there! I try to practice ear training whenever I can. My favourite way is just to throw on some easy music ( 50's rock, old country, Christmas tu
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by MacMacMac @ 12/06/16 04:54 AM

Unless the Garritan is different from other piano software ... All of my pianos load a batch of audio data from disk when starting up. Then, when playing a note, the data comes from memory, not from disk ... unless the note is held long enough to re
Member Recordings
[NEW] Fantastic Beasts - Newt Says Goodbye To Tina (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial) Hello Fantastic Beasts enthusiasts Here is my piano cover on the bittersweet theme playing known as when "Newt Says Goodbye To Tina". Enjoy! Piano Cover htt
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart's Death (December 5th) by Terry Michael @ 12/06/16 04:25 AM

Professor Robert Greenberg offers his view: http://robertgreenbergmusic.com/2016/12/05/music-history-mondays-mozart-a-diagnosis/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher? by SwissMS @ 12/06/16 04:14 AM

I agree with the sentiment of finding an older, more seasoned teacher. I found myself in a similar situation recently with a very young teacher (20 years old). It simply was unworkable, because there was no planning, and no concept of how to progres
Jump to new posts Re: Roland V piano by mdenriet @ 12/06/16 04:13 AM

A week ago there was one on Ebay germany for 3264,-: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Roland-V-Piano-Stage-Digital-Piano-great-condition-/192029408091?hash=item2cb5d83b5b%3Ag%3AJ7gAAOSwLF1YBz9u&nma=true&si=MCVXDL1u4EnJoQBzX%252FbDlqSQICA%253D&orig_
Jump to new posts Re: Roland V piano by spanishbuddha @ 12/06/16 04:12 AM

Compare your intended use and requirement with the FP90 then decide. Or look at other brands within that price range. The one time I played the vpiano it seemed incredibly well connected to the sound, with amazing range of dynamics, but had limited
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by SwissMS @ 12/06/16 04:00 AM

pianofan1017 - Congratulations for sitting your Grade 6! I am sure you did better than you think you did. We always remember the mistakes, not the good parts. I think the examiners are used to adult candidates being quite nervous, and can hear the qu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Making the switch to playing by ear by johan d @ 12/06/16 03:54 AM

I am taking piano lessons for about 2.5/3 years now, and started of with basic note reading. After that start with simple pieces and now doing a new piece every 2-3 months. Without those sheets I can't do anything on the piano. What I am experiencin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by SwissMS @ 12/06/16 03:51 AM

Qazsedcft - I added your dates to the excused list. I am in Vienna for a week, but so far I have played everyday. The hotel has an Avant Grand N1, which I can play with the sound off or very low at anytime. This city is amazing, and so steeped in m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there any guideline for beginners? by Izanami @ 12/06/16 03:27 AM

Thank you for your kind words everyone, yes I am a bit too impatient, I think I'll keep this tempo and trust my teacher and in the meantime there is much theory to read on this board and that will also help me with the progress Best regards
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Schedule by tbonesays @ 12/06/16 02:55 AM

30 minutes a day should be enough for a begginer. You should get a book that teaches basics and spend ten of the minutes.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Design by Del @ 12/06/16 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By Del But I have lost patience with patent claims that depend on minutia so insignificant as to be of no practical value whatsoever and that are designed expressly to intimidate innovators and invent
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, so I've been thinking about Max's cardboard fix by Maximillyan @ 12/06/16 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By Herr WeissOriginally Posted By MaximillyanOriginally Posted By Herr WeissThank you Max!! I will try your method as soon as I buy some new strings. Do you have any information on the Brazilian Tech? Dear Herr Weiss. It would
Page 40 of 66 < 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 65 66 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8
by Joe Garfield
Today at 07:17 PM
good source for digital piano ratings?
by childofparadise2002
Today at 05:40 PM
Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection
by 7sax
Today at 05:22 PM
Casio Privia PX-360 - Thoughts/Opinions?
by John from KC
Today at 12:03 PM
Attaching different speakers to the Privia 850
by pianopi
Today at 11:09 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,828 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,888 Topics
2,577,488 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission