Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (anamnesis, 36251, beeboss, AndrewJCW, 24 invisible), 1193 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti Sonatas:Fave fast and slow, least fave, overplayed by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Been thinking about Scarlatti since our recent discussion? So have I... I want to get to know more of his keyboard sonatas.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Avantgrand N2 - 6 months on by Chris Warren @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Thanks Enzo, that's really useful. I don't have the luxury of trying things before I buy. I'll just have to go for it!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Carey @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By CareyMatthias was fine - but he played from the score. I can't imagine the judges awarding first prize to a contestant who couldn't play the concerto movement from memory.... A couple of things: He w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By CareyMatthias was fine - but he played from the score. I can't imagine the judges awarding first prize to a contestant who couldn't play the concerto movement from memory.... A couple of things: He was far more than fine! And,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Carey @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

I thought Greg's playing was superb. Unfortunately, it seemed that Ken picked a tempo that was too fast - and his playing suffered as a result. Matthias was fine - but he played from the score. I can't imagine the judges awarding first prize to a
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Kawai VPC1, RM3 II and Grand Feel action by DeskDesign @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By SchubertoI prefer, for now, the somehow heavier RM3 II over the GF action. I feel a bit better control for the polyphony playing (e.g. Beethoven op 27/2 1m, op13 2m) and the higher physical resistance is a good exercise/preparati
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which top note sounds more in tune? by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

Bear in mind that an acoustic piano has inharmonicity and partials and our sense of pitch at high notes is influenced by the raised partials. This is not the case for a celeste.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

Oh wow. I just listened to Choros. It's like a raging, delicious fever.... The antidote to which is The Earth Prelude. Very intense! I like it a lot! It's this one, right?
Pianist Corner
Fave Fast: G Major, L. 288 https://youtu.be/WQootM-6oKo Fave Fast, Honorable Mention: G Major, L. 487 https://youtu.be/kcnHgMosZuw (Tipo student) Fave Slow (OK, moderato): G Major, L. 103 https://youtu.be/ZTaLaXAQke0 Overplayed: C Major, L. 104;
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Kreisler @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

68 pianists, whittled down to Men playing Beethoven.
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by DeskDesign @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By StephanoIf I bought one of those inexpensive external soundcards on Amazon (not audio interfaces but just cards with line-in input) and used the cable I mentioned earlier in the thread, do you think there'd still be latency issue
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Thanks for psoting that, I hadn't heard it before but it was very interesting. For some reason, I didn't like the I Giorni vocal version, neither the vocalist nor the lyrics. Sorry! The whole thing feels incredibly over-produced, which comes off fe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

Matthias Fischer is making a great case for himself too. (Playing right now -- 1st mvt of Beethoven #1.) I only heard bits of his prior rounds and don't know exactly how he did except that obviously it had to have been superb or he wouldn't be in thi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are Weber & Young Chong the same piano? Opinion by Carey @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZTD and Carey, Most of what I said remains true. The main point being that Albert Weber's are distinct and different sounding than Young Changs built to the same quality level. My exposure to them was at NAMM when the Fand
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are Weber & Young Chong the same piano? Opinion by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 05:21 PM

TD and Carey, Most of what I said remains true. The main point being that Albert Weber's are distinct and different sounding than Young Changs built to the same quality level. My exposure to them was at NAMM when the Fandrich re-designs were being
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 05:08 PM

I've wondered how much input Einaudi had on those lyrics. The vocal version of Nuvole Bianche is a track on the Taranta album, by the way, Shiro--another reason to buy it. (Choros is the first reason to buy it. One of his best intense/powerful pie
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverus The one played by Evgeny Sudbin starting at 6:43 on this video. Anyone know the L. or K. number? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycsE-uHe7U That's Kk.29 L.461 in D major. It's my fave fast, after Kk.517, Kk.455 &
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from 2014 K-6 to Baby Grand? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

I feel you will probably be happier spending several thousand to trade up from a quality 52" vertical to a longer piano than what you've mostly been considering, at least sonically.
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

I use my card with Windows drivers and my DAW repports 3.2ms in, 7.1ms out. But I use an exclusive mode which bypass the Windows mixer. With a shared mode I have 10ms and 28ms !
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which top note sounds more in tune? by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Now on an acoustic piano, play a simple LH pattern on the low bass like C1 then D1 (repeat) while playing C#7, D#7 with the RH. Then use C7, D7 instead for the RH. Which one sounds better ? Then try a A0, B0 pattern (LH) with A7, B7 (RH). Then use
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from 2014 K-6 to Baby Grand? by pianomise @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

On the subject of used pianos, what do folks think about Boston baby grands? A local, respectable dealer has two Boston GP-163s. One GP-163 is ebony satin, built in 1998. One owner. Hardly played. They are asking $8500 plus my K-6 in trade-in. Th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

LOL!! About a minute and a half into the Mozart, for a couple of seconds Ken happened to look straight in the direction of the camera that was active at the time. It had the effect of seeming like he was looking right at us. Instinctively I smiled a
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by EPW @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

On the windows side the Audio Interfaces come with a different set of drivers to run the hardware. Built-in hardware will use the Windows Device protocol. Mili-second delay in the 20-50ms. Fine for just playing audio back. For playing you want the ms
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Albunea I don't understand that part, Qazsedcft. I wouldn't worry about finger-switching until you are well into intermediate standard (and can play e.g. Für Elise very well), and have mastered le
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by bennevis @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By Albunea I don't understand that part, Qazsedcft. I wouldn't worry about finger-switching until you are well into intermediate standard (and can play e.g. Für Elise very well), and have mastered legato pedaling, not to mention
Page 5 of 68 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 67 68 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland Kiyola KF-10
by Dscally
Today at 06:46 AM
Left Handed Pianist Needs advice
by Rusco
Today at 06:00 AM
My first piano exam
by Timpskie
Today at 05:16 AM
Discussing stretch with a professional tuner
by Beemer
Today at 05:16 AM
Acrylikey to Fill Excess Gap between Ivory Head and Tail?
by Musicdude
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Forum Stats
84,110 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,573 Topics
2,536,522 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission