Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
112 registered (ajames, AZNpiano, anamnesis, AndrewJCW, 36251, 21 invisible), 1594 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by AZNpiano @ Today at 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By keystring I think I'd also expect that some groundwork for this would have been laid at the earlier levels; reading skills, basic theory, otherwise how do you work on music for understanding and interpreting it? You'd think th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DP with good orchestral sounds? by moleskincrusher @ Today at 01:05 AM

Yamaha/Kurzweil/Roland offer great workstations, but if you want high quality for value don't overlook the Casio Privia PX-560 or the PX-5S. Former is US$1,200, latter is US$1,000. They have a great online user community with wonderful string patch
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by AZNpiano @ Today at 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By AZNpiano Nobody can teach this kid. Nobody. Ie You say the following: she doesn't have a musical ear, doesn't sing a single song, because no one can teach her to sing? No, that's not what I'm saying a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Target EMTECH EM6600 Raven Black Lacquer by vsi1600 @ Today at 12:54 AM

Hi all, I have pretty much decided to use Target EMTECH EM6600 Raven Black Lacquer to refinish my ebony Steinway model L. If you have anything good, or bad (constructive!) to say about it, please share. Also if anyone wants to weigh in on how much
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rubinstein Concerto 4 by doctor S @ Today at 12:31 AM

When I was 16, it was considered a "youth concerto" (I got to play it twice with community orchestras). It is a fine concerto. Perhaps not many teachers will risk recommending it to a student to play in a competition. Audiences would p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carpal tunnel surgery by DrewBone @ Today at 12:27 AM

My experience may not directly relate, but I suffer from a severe form of rheumatoid arthritis, and 2 years ago I began to experience carpul tunnel syndrome like symptoms, waking up multiple mornings anywhere between 1 and 3am with tremendous pain in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying my piano? by BDB @ Today at 12:23 AM

Possibly Wurlitzer was the dealer. Dealer's decals are common.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD100 Loud Keybed by chrislandon @ Today at 12:16 AM

Hi Jay, I'm in Burbank, California. I do believe there's a corporate headquarters in Los Angeles but you may also know of a different place. I appreciate the info. I agree that it probably just needs a little love and attention. Without hearing the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by Cassia @ Today at 12:13 AM

From my earliest memories, I've always wanted to play the piano, but I didn't get the chance until I was 7 and we got our first piano. I immediately asked for lessons, but for reasons they've never explained, my parents said no. But that couldn't sto
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingI'm unable to stream it currently, so please let me know how Vijay sounds, for those of you watching! We were friends at Brevard several years ago. I remember him being head-and-shoulders above the rest of us pian
Jump to new posts Re: New to the Forum and Keyboards by AstroEd @ Today at 12:06 AM

My biggest concerns on a music teacher is the fact that my PTSD and meds effect my memory and it takes me longer to grasp even simple things at times Like my Astronomy most folks figure out Polar alignment in a few weeks to two months, it took me a y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Confused on finger numbering. by drewrst @ Today at 12:04 AM

Okarin, Judging by the beginners lessons I have received the past couple years, there are times when the fingering is explicitly indicated by the score / marks. Many pieces used for beginners have been written especially with beginners in mind such
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- colour scheme for the wall behind a piano by Retsacnal @ Today at 12:00 AM

I think using a narrower roller would help to mitigate distinctly visible gradations. For example, using a 3 inch roller rather than a twelve inch roller, would result in 4 gradations per foot instead of one. In theory, the overall change per foot sh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best edited version? by outo @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

I am yet to see useful editions of Scarlatti with fingerings. Working your own is much more useful IMO.
Jump to new posts Re: DP with good orchestral sounds? by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Yamaha MOXF8 as well is worth a look in this price range.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts American music pre-1900 by JoelW @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

What was the American music scene like in the 18th and 19th centuries?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD100 Loud Keybed by chrislandon @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Hi James, Thanks for the info! I did have a look at the Roland keyboard support site and they do provide support for certain keyboards but strangely enough, the RD100 isn't on the list so I figure I'd try here. The 100 is in great shape and I would
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

I haven't had any advanced students yet. My beginning students are still in method books, and my transfer students are on track to get to Gr. 7 or 8 piano by the time they are seniors in high school. The farthest along was in Gr. 8 RCM. I wouldn
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carpal tunnel surgery by DanS @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By asiamusicmanI'm a 32-year-old pianist and music educator, suffering the last couple years from increasing symptoms that look like carpal tunnel syndrome. I actually have not been playing much piano in the last few years, though I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best edited version? by Damon @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

I don't think EMBs are public domain in the U.S.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good price for a used Steinway Model M? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Spoiler Content Originally Posted By Ryan Crossette4. Ed ... tends to give pretty sound advice many time on these forums. Interesting acknowledgment, because -- someone correct me if I'm wrong; I don't like to put words in people's mouths -- I belie
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by Nahum @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano Nobody can teach this kid. Nobody. Ie You say the following: she doesn't have a musical ear, doesn't sing a single song, because no one can teach her to sing?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1915 Mason BB Now Being Restored. by Nelson Muntz @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Well, maybe another day somebody would like to take a shot at the answer, tech's included this time. Here are pics of the finished bottom of the BB1. It is incredible up close and better than the tops of many nice pianos I've seen. http://postimg.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By joe80Well, you've done your homework! Regarding the Estonia - you've played two Estonias that you found were too heavy. Now - just as a side, weren't you the one who was worried about performance related injuries last year or t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel W180 || Yamaha C2X by MusicInTheSticks @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

Thanks Eric! I appreciate the info on the action adjustments. I've been talking with a local Schimmel dealer and I think for right now I'm going to take a few hours and play the instrument. I think I need to spend a bit more time than I had last
Page 5 of 54 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 53 54 >
What's Hot!!
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Wheel of Fourths - Jazz
by hyena
Today at 10:32 AM
Summertime physics puzzler
by Robert Scott
Today at 09:46 AM
To share or not to share?
by Dave Androos
Today at 07:45 AM
What's normally taught in jazz piano lessons?
by pianopap
Today at 06:57 AM
The 3 you always come back to?
by 36251
Today at 06:26 AM
Forum Stats
84,442 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,166 Topics
2,543,419 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission