Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by eugene_bb @ Today at 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: eugene_bbI am not trying to understand the market, contracts, percentages, how people sell things, etc. I am trying to understand these buyers who seem to care how the money is split and not the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting back into it by Jonathan Baker @ Today at 04:08 PM

Hello Upside - and welcome! First - about a teacher. Just a suggestion...but it may be possible to find a teacher who will give you good advice on a monthly basis. I have a rather advanced student in Japan who takes 90 minute lessons from me once
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by Troy 125 @ Today at 04:07 PM

If I am buying a used car that sells for about $10,000 and I find one for around $10,000 that I love, I am going to buy it. If I then find out that the seller bought the car from a little old lady for $5,000, should I no longer buy it because that p
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts First tuning my piano with TuneLab by Pablo Arturi @ Today at 04:03 PM

Hi everyone. I hope this is the right place to answer. I want to share my first experience "tuning" my piano. I used TuneLab, and as I was wondering how tunelab would measure inharmonicity, I just first tuned it without taking those measu
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 Order Cancelled by EssBrace @ Today at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BeemerAgain around nine months ago - asked several UK dealers if they would sell me a display model VPC-1 with some discount but I was told that they would have to contact Kawai for permission. Perhaps Kawai free issue display m
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 by scorpio @ Today at 03:59 PM

Just saw this article, dated September 13, Billy Joel and the Kawai VPC1: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kawai-Pianos/107626515984210
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fall 2014 Piano Buyer now online by turandot @ Today at 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusI think every piano should have a different ranking even if it requires using two decimal places to distinguish them. To me, any rating system Mr. Fine uses, and he does dabble quite a bit in tweaking them, should
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ Today at 03:52 PM

Congratulations CarlosCC, great piece of music as well
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The piano made it home in time... by Marinelife @ Today at 03:41 PM

Thank you Rich, and God bless them. This is what comes of a generous heart.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Joe Sample by rintincop @ Today at 03:41 PM

Joe's solo starts at 3:40, such a soulful pianist has left us.
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI to USB adapters? by Mark NM @ Today at 03:39 PM

Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated. Originally Posted By: dire tonicI believe the Roland Um-one is very good - cheaper in some zones than others but I'm sure it's within your budget. That's my current second choice, as it costs about
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fall 2014 Piano Buyer now online by pianoloverus @ Today at 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyThe thing that bothers me is that the separate category has a connotation of "It was once great, but ...." Playing the recent pianos from NY indicates that is not the case. It's like saying; 'If you bu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Getting back into it by Upside @ Today at 03:32 PM

Hi all! A bit about me... Starting playing piano when I was 8 years old. I took lessons until I graduated high school (with a year off in there). Did not really apply myself as much as I could have, but still feel like I walked away with some good s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by pianoloverus @ Today at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: eugene_bbI am not trying to understand the market, contracts, percentages, how people sell things, etc. I am trying to understand these buyers who seem to care how the money is split and not the final price, and they don't seem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 by michaelha @ Today at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: dcnm50Originally Posted By: michaelha$4200 for a 40 year old, grey-market U3 seems pretty ridiculous. You can probably buy a brand new one for the US around $7-8K. If it was a super unusual, play like a 10 year old piano, I'd
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 by musicNow @ Today at 03:26 PM

Richard G, Good luck in your search. When I was looking at the U3's in the San Fran, Bay Area, there were several "importers" of these older pianos. They ran in price from $2,800 to $4,200. A couple of the importers claimed they went to Ja
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fall 2014 Piano Buyer now online by phacke @ Today at 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty The thing that bothers me is that the separate category has a connotation of "It was once great, but ...." Playing the recent pianos from NY indicates that is not the case. It's like saying; 'If you
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by Arghhh @ Today at 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: A443This pianist doesn't specifically read lines or note name, but instead sees the spatial relationships to know what notes need to be played. I don't know if I agree completely with this. Occasionally I am given photocopy th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by turandot @ Today at 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyChris, Are you carrying Fridolin pianos? Do you have the answers to the questions asked in this thread? I don't recall any unanswered questions about Schimmel's new budget line. Refresh my memory.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by Jonathan Baker @ Today at 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: A443The intent is to ascertain whether a specific professional pianist's manner of seeing musical information on the page is relevant to the development in younger pianists. How does your ability to read this sentence parlay in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Bombing" during lessons... by Carbonblob @ Today at 03:10 PM

Yeah, great post BrianDX when I just can't get a passage, I'll skip it for a while or even leave it for the day. Once my tiny brain pan has absorbed the issue and sorted it out by way of a fist fight with my muscle memory, they both return, bloodied
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 Order Cancelled by Starboard @ Today at 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: EmptySpaceMajorly bummed, here to vent. VPC1 was back-ordered another month, so I cancelled the order. Are they actually making these things? I was sooo looking forward to my new piano. Same situation here (sans the cancella
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In search of my piano name Brand by BDB @ Today at 03:07 PM

O. S. Kelly cast plates. Finding the brand of the piano will probably be impossible.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts In search of my piano name Brand by Leoni @ Today at 03:05 PM

Hello everyone!! I'm still searching for the history of my piano. I'm hoping that someone on here will be able to give me some answer. The piano has no name at all. It is 48" tall. Have anyone heard of the piano brand Kelly serial number#
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3 by dcnm50 @ Today at 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: kailI have been looking at used U3's recently. I found a 1975 for 2995 but it sold before I made a decision and 2 others that were made in 1980 that were 3750. I am not sure about the 1975 but the others were gray market. Thes
Page 5 of 94 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 93 94 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tucson, AZ: Is Arizona Room a bad place for a piano?
by Paul678
Today at 08:14 PM
Kissin plays...
by JoelW
Today at 07:33 PM
For Sale : True Keys Pianos (bundle) American,Italian,Ger
man

by imyself
Today at 05:51 PM
Dream Keys Complete - Your Opinion Please
by Vas
Today at 04:56 PM
First tuning my piano with TuneLab
by Pablo Arturi
Today at 04:03 PM
Who's Online
109 registered (accordeur, alans, 36251, Anne'sson, ando, 29 invisible), 1235 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76224 Members
42 Forums
157570 Topics
2314482 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission