Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
149 registered (ando, AniaDab, ADS63, Alexander Borro, anamnesis, 35 invisible), 1537 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help - Carpet cleaning & Piano question? by BruceD @ Today at 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Duerse1990iRobot Roomba 790 Vacuum Cleaning Robot is best brand of robot vacuum to clean carpets.It includes 3 Virtual Wall Lighthouses, Extra Brush Set, Extra Filter Set, Round Brush Cleaning Tool, Flat Brush Cleaning Tool. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by Louis Podesta @ Today at 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaOriginally Posted By: Dave BLouis, I don't think anybody has ignored you recommendation of Carl Friedberg's playing. I apologize for not responding. I was off onto other threads by the time I got through his long pl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conrad Tao review in NY Times by Corvus @ Today at 01:41 AM

He's performed with the Utah Symphony on three occasions. I saw him the second time, when he performed Tchaikovsky concerto no. 1, with an encore of a movement from one of the Prokofiev sonatas. It was delightful. Last year he came back to perform
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by login @ Today at 01:37 AM

Get a dedicated music production audio interface, they are superior to the creative and asus ones because they have dedicated inputs for instruments as well as dedicated drivers for PC which allow low latency for monitoring. Also they may have a mid
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof IV 172cm 1985 by SoundThumb @ Today at 01:32 AM

Hi leece, Like you I found a Petrof a few years ago that stood out from everything else I had tried in terms of both tone touch. My piano was built around 2000 so it may be newer than what you are looking at. But I still am very fond of the sound and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts upright piano "Euterpe" by Maximillyan @ Today at 01:17 AM

Max has interest to know about upright piano "Euterpe". Like it is written in a label: it's made in Germany company "Bechstein". Where are it's made? How do you like it's timbre and Max's temperament? Regards, Max http://yout
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Bogányi piano with carbon-fibre soundboard by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 01:10 AM

You could describe the common use of Super glue to deal with loose tuning pins as creating a "composite" pin-block.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 2000 Steinway L price by overeat @ Today at 12:59 AM

What's a good price for a fair conditioned 2000 Steinway L? Is half the new MSRP rule, still apply? Or it can be lower? One tech told me without checking the piano,<30k, but should it be 29999 or 25000 or even lower? Thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Un Sospiro Fingering by Tony Romo @ Today at 12:56 AM

Try 5121 to start the measure. That eliminates the akward stretching.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin Etude Op. 42 No. 5 - Page 4 Any advice? by Kuanpiano @ Today at 12:45 AM

I've performed this piece.....though I didn't find this particular page to be the hardest. Though it seems like everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses. By the nature of the writing, the volume of the sound should not be an issue. Your left
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tricky Grace Note Sweep in Rach by Kuanpiano @ Today at 12:39 AM

Personally, I would use the following fingering for the grace notes: LH: play the low D at the same time as the starting A in right hand, to stabilize the sound (since you're resolving to that D major harmony). RH: Play keep your thumb on the A to
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by ItalianSnow @ Today at 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Lester Burnham That said, are you using the correct input (I know on some laptops / desktops, they're a common one, where the sound hardware / driver tries to differentiate)? (ie line as opposed to mic). There's only one input
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: KurtZNo instrument (that I know of) where the "soul', the sounding top of the instrument, was made of some kind of composite, has ever gone beyond a niche acceptance. The Rainsong guitars and Luis and Clark cellos hav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by outo @ Today at 12:31 AM

28.1.2015: Still working on the same Scarlatti, Franck & Schumann. SLOWLY progressing on the latter two But my teacher suggested we'll add something smaller to have different pieces for each week's lessons since these will take time to absorb.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by jotur @ Today at 12:07 AM

Ron - I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you - all the best. Cathy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conrad Tao review in NY Times by Orange Soda King @ Today at 12:05 AM

Yeah, he likes playing big programs. First time I saw him, he played: -Bach Italian Concerto -Beethoven Op. 110 -3 original pieces (I think it's on his EP) Intermission -Liszt Valley d'Obermann -Another Liszt piece that escapes me -Liszt Rigoletto
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Inlanding @ Today at 12:01 AM

+1 Bill, et al. Well said! Strip muting helps me a great deal.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by rnaple @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Morodiene... I have removed my name from Ein Choral This is a very easy piece. I'm hoping someone might like something easy. This gives them time to put it together before the recital. I had recently posted in the Focus thread. Since then. I had a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conrad Tao review in NY Times by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Here's the pic of the impressive program. He not only played 20/21C pieces but he connected them using two themes, juxtaposition, he said.
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by OperaTenor @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Thank you for taking the time to explain all of that, Bill. That covers every bit of my reasoning on it as well, and, coming from you rather than me, it carries more authority. Well said.
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: OperaTenorI've always strip muted, mainly because I find it a quicker way to be more precise; I prefer to listen to only two strings at a time when I'm tuning unisons. With this, I totally agree. To me, more than anything els
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Concerts by Gideon Kremer/Trifonov and Jomathan Biss by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

Says the guy whose post count is almost at 8000 in under two years! These threads are actually quite relevant to the forum. Maybe people who live in NYC that post here go to those concerts. I know if I lived in NYC I'd go to every concert I could a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Bogányi piano with carbon-fibre soundboard by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

No instrument (that I know of) where the "soul', the sounding top of the instrument, was made of some kind of composite, has ever gone beyond a niche acceptance. The Rainsong guitars and Luis and Clark cellos have a sustaining niche market
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Snow by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

I know that PW is a US site primarily, but I live in Greece. First of all you guys stay warm, inside and safe! As for Greece, all we get is rain, rain, rain. I'd love to get some (not a lot) snow coming in... but it ain't happening...
Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTThen how about that Baldwin Acrosonic? They built them all the way from the 1930's until whenever they went out of business. Any number of people told them how they could improve the scale design but they never
Page 5 of 111 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 110 111 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
what is a piano strings expected life span?
by Dennis R in WA
01/27/15 09:15 AM
Comparison of Roland Digital Pianos
by Cmin
01/27/15 08:07 AM
Physis Piano Editor Announced -Pianoteq/V-piano's approach?
by Bluesman
01/27/15 07:37 AM
Kawai VPC1 with bluetooth headphones
by Bob50
01/27/15 05:10 AM
H. Steinway watch ?
by angga888
01/27/15 05:04 AM
Forum Stats
77877 Members
42 Forums
160957 Topics
2364523 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission