Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (beeboss, bennevis, accordeur, ando, AZ_Astro, 21 invisible), 1700 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Muove In general: are you able to perfect all of your pieces with your teacher? How long do you 'drag it on'? How do you polish a piece with your teacher? When I was a student, the answer was simple - none of my pieces were 'pe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Taming the Upper Range of VSTs? by newbert @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

I'm just wondering whether anyone else has noticed this in any of their VSTs. I find that in some of my VSTs (see below) the tone of the upper range (specifically Key A6 and above) sounds rather harsh, and not at all in balance with the tone of the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Report by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Kenan, Thanks for the update. Glad you are doing well. Rebecca Penneys is the best. I tuned for her when she performed at the Sitka Summer Music Festival. Keep us posted.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP60/70/80 M - how does the midi work by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

It's an interesting idea, however I would strongly recommend play-testing any instrument you decide to purchase, and perhaps bringing your laptop to test how well (i.e. how expressive) the MIDI output truly is. Honestly speaking, if you were not sat
Pianist Corner
Off hand I can think that Bach reserved E-flat for more reverent things since three flats can symbolize the holy trinity. There may be other symbolic associations with number of flats or sharps etc. I think point 5. is a big one. Even after tuning s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Practice Report by Kenan @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Hey there everybody! Some of you may recognize me, because some of my playing were on the previous recitals. I missed the piano-world community and almost completely forgot about it. I have school currently, swimming, and piano, of course. I am curre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Ledger Notes? by dmd @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

I would not worry about how many to know. You just learn them as you need them. They tend to show up in many different ways. There may be 2 or 3 ledger lines below or above each of the staffs at any given time. So, just take them as they appea
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by Vid @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By CalmandoI honestly don't see the point of a piano controller. It's a micro-niche product in an already tiny niche. Considering the pricing of the VPC1, it makes no sense at all for most piano buyers or keyboard players. There's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody started christmas music yet by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

No singing along with me yet..ha. Yes, good luck with nutcracker...Isugar plum fairy piece is on my 2017 wish list, if teacher approves 🙄
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Learning Ledger Notes? by Digi Dave @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

How far up/down the ledger lines & spaces to I need to know for both the Treble and Base stave? I'm a complete newbie learning music from scratch. Should I just stick with the middle c and learn the lines and spaces within the Bass and Treble s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by motoduc @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

Please put me on the excused list for 10/21-10/23. Went to STL to see my kids perform at the super regional marching competition. Motoduc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Why do composers choose a particular key for a... by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

particular piece? I can think of a few possible reasons. 1. For some composers, particular keys are used to express a particular mood/feeling. 2. Some composers may have favorite keys independent of all other considerations. 3. Key themes or pas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Steinway is dying." - Dealer by Jeff Bauer @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

Steinway is an incredible company with tons of resilience and pride. They're, in a way, a canary to the industry - if they are having problems selling pianos, that's an indicator for the market as a whole. Someone once told me "the bigger you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disklavier Enspire ST and CL by Jeff Bauer @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniGreat explanation Jeff. Thank you. A little birdie told me you just spent time at the Japanese Yamaha factory. Please share your experience with us. It was a pretty fantastic trip, but I won't hijack this threa
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP60/70/80 M - how does the midi work by Dr.Gaga @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

THANK YOU! I am thinking to buy one with midi - CP80M to be honest. I am a pianist. I can't have a real grand - small apartment, the neighbours are not happy when I slam the piano 8 hours/day. I would like to have an instrument with a real action - m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway model M (1930s) opinions? by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

an estate sale dealer is not likely to be a piano professional. my experience with the non professional sellers, the majority don't even care to address what a serious buyer looks for, and will pass off 'o.k.' or 'pretty good' as very good or excell
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway model M (1930s) opinions? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

"Still sounds good" is utterly irrelevant. I think the only way you should pay anything for it is if you both play it and have it inspected by a good tech beforehand. How much are you willing to spend on some degree of rebuilding? The ide
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price of used Yamaha U3 M series by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

you didn't indicate if it was the specific U3 at the authorized dealer you're 'in love with'. it's typical for an authorized retailer to ask a couple of thousand over a private seller for a piano of that type and brand. if you love that retailer's
I've played on the CDP230, and it's BARELY passable. I'd never choose to buy it, personally. The Privias are a much better action and instrument, and I'd probably recommend that over the Roland too for those on a tight budget. For the extra $$ it wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price of used Yamaha U3 M series by Piano90X @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

$7,000 seems a bit high for a 1981.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway model M (1930s) opinions? by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

have heard about excellent vintage steinway M's, and they were no doubt good examples when new and revived with top notch restoration work. my own experience, have never been impressed with them, especially relative to the next longer model [L or O]
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disklavier Enspire ST and CL by gnuboi @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Thanks Jeff! Good info.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano Student Plays like a Robot by keystring @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By Gary D. Supposedly a student does not care about dynamics. Supposing a student enjoys the patterns and structure of the music, is interested in scales, chords, theory. Maybe a little early to com
Adult Beginners Forum
In regards to what NOT to do --- Here is something that happened in my first early lessons, on a different instrument. I was working on a piece, and each week I'd go in and would start playing that piece. There was a series of notes in "measur
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Vienna, that is false. She has a good sense of the pulse. Please don't claim that the girl doesn't when she already does. I have taught many hundreds of students of all ages and it's obvious this girl is on the beat. And that is why the first chorus
Page 5 of 73 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 72 73 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is using multiple methods at the same time a good idea?
by djat1984
Today at 03:27 AM
why the traditional metronom is built up to 208 and not 210?
by mv-piano
Today at 02:44 AM
What are your thoughts on Knabe 5'3"? (1956)
by Nicbo
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Opinions on used pianos
by RickG1
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Taming the Upper Range of VSTs?
by newbert
Yesterday at 08:29 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,349 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,955 Topics
2,565,622 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission