Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (AmateurBob, ando, Almaviva, 36251, 16 invisible), 1671 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Musical interpretation of the poem: CanciĆ³n de Jinete by Rutgervdpeet @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

Thank you very much! It's great to hear that the mood of the poem was clear to you, as the listener. And indeed, sometimes less is more, nice to hear that you thought so too!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano adventures: level decision by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

I have found that anytime I am asking myself this question, it is always better to choose the easier option and work through it quickly and at a high level of excellence, rather than choosing the harder option and going slowly or getting stuck or pla
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about the physical by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By hello my name isCool. Interesting graphic Nahum! For point #5, I was trying to get my student to not buckle in with his fingers so much, but then when I demonstrated, he said I buckle in as well, at least a bit! Keeping my finge
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-7 - Worth Repairing? by kapelli @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

I agree with others. While FP-7 was a fine piano in it's years, currently you can get better piano action and sound in cheaper instruments. I was playing FP-7 in last week, and was astonished how far and how big the development was. If you will read
Problem solved - thank you, JoBert!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with nervous performing students by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By kissyanaCardio practice! If your student is anything like me, she will get nervous no matter how well she knows the music. One of the most effective methods to deal with this in my experience is to do what I call cardio practice.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Market value of Santos Rosewood Steinway Model A by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By OriThere are a couple of issues here affecting the true target price of such a piano to a dealer (or at least a well informed private buyer). The first and easier one is the finish. One needs to 'want' an art case or wood finis
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny Excercise by Albunea @ Yesterday at 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By drewrIn bar #11 there is some unfamilar notation; a dot in front of an F to be played by finger 4. I recognize dots on top, and dots to the right but not to the left; is this correct or a spurious blemish on the pdf score copy?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano lessons worth it? (Adult intermediate) by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Sounds like fun ppp And good that you and your teacher are agreed on working as-needed.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thumb whilst playing - Straight or Bent? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

Can you post a picture or video? of both hands so we can compare the healthy-feeling LH to the problematic RH. Otherwise we're all just guessing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self taught 13yo needs advice by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

I agree with AZN. Find a teacher who can teach you good technique and who works with you during the lesson to improve your playing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Recent Recordings (since 2000) by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By DiarmuidDThanks I have to look these up. Heather that Peter Takacs recording looks interesting, it was released on SACD, so rather expensive but very high quality, I can't find any samples to listen to but I'll keep looking. W
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

Hi Philip -- which dates are you talking about? Traditionally the EPP is the first weekend in July , but you mentioned a festival that might be on a different weekend. Plus, I think it could help people if you give more details about exactly where
Originally Posted By SlyFrankEdit: I think if there is a way to turn MIDI to "Local Off" that would solve this, although I can't find a mention of it in the manual. anyone know how to turn Local Off? This is in the "MIDI Settings"
Originally Posted By travis524Don't they QC these units before they leave the factory? I'm pretty sure that a company like Kawai (which after all doesn't only build DPs but also well accepted APs) does indeed do QC. That's why my guess is that this
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By Michiyo-Fir Also, your hands may stretch a bit with some exercise and by playing a few years. I had a pretty hard time reaching octaves when I restarted piano about 2 years ago (played extensively as a child), but after 2 years
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK, I'm going to tune my Petrov IV; what exact tools to get? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

OP?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Your Video Christmas Card from TromboneAl by Music Me @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Nice job, Al & Lena! Truly inspiring. Very nice soloing, by the way. I am about to retire and I have a list a mile long of all of the things I want to do and get involved with. Your Christmas video is an affirmation that anything is possible.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-7 - Worth Repairing? by PSE @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Thanks folks. Yes, a good idea to find someone who's handy enough with electronics (not me) to give it a go. I'll see what response I can get from Roland and may end up taking this route.
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by stevedoz @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By Chris WarrenAfter months messing about trying to record myself, I think this is probably as good as I'm going to get (recording-wise), unless anyone can suggest something....! This was recorded on Audacity with a roughly 60-40 m
Just got the CS-11 a few weeks ago - love it! Just one question, and after some playing around with it and also reading the manual, I think the answer is "no" but throwing this out there to be sure. I would have thought that this could be d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Market value of Santos Rosewood Steinway Model A by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Moving on from the ethicality of the "investment" sales pitch... Posters here often comment on and consider resale value when they're discussing a purchase. I've made the point many times that by simply buying a good piano that falls a lot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha avant grand: yeah or nah? by cphollis @ Yesterday at 12:40 PM

It's a matter of pragmatism vs purity. I own three instruments in this category, an aged Yamaha G3 (1976), an Avant Grand N3 from about five years go, and last year's Bosendorfer 200 Klimt Model. Also I'll compare with the Brodmann PE 187 that di
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by Music Me @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

I have owned a Yamaha NU1 Hybrid since 2012. I live in New York and also in an apartment in a private house. It has upright action. It does sound more than decent and for practicing and playing it has suited me just fine. Of course, to me, nothin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Keith RobertsJoin the PTG. Their access to education materials is unsurpassed. yes
Page 5 of 69 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 68 69 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Teacher?
by ~Ryan
12/04/16 10:50 PM
Roland FP-90 User Experiences
by Beakybird
12/04/16 09:54 PM
7th Piano Bridges Amateur Competition, July 2017, Russia
by pianobridges
12/04/16 06:59 PM
Another question about the thumb
by Karaba
12/04/16 06:51 PM
HB Tuner v1.6 (major changes)
by Hakki
12/04/16 05:15 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,770 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,794 Topics
2,576,263 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission