Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
64 registered (alwatson, AndyP, Arthell, agent8698, Anwar, 12 invisible), 1687 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the accidental apply? by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

Isabelle, an accidental (that is, not in the key signature) only affects the pitch it's on, not other notes with the same letter name in different octaves. This question is also currently being discussed in Pianists Corner.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by RubberFingers @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By VidI guess I'm doing something terribly wrong. Must be something in the water? Have you tried it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

Aloha! Missed one day (January 15)on the return from a wonderful vacation to Kailua Kona, Hawaii. We rented a weighted digital yamaha for a week and when the others were sleeping early in the morning, I was watching the dark turn to light and play
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 SG2 Silent vs Kawai K300ATX II Silent by Lakeviewsteve @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

I've only tried the Yamaha, as they have a few in the Bösendorfer City Showroom in Vienna. They are great to practice on while others are taking their lessons on the Bösendorfer Imperial Concert Grand. It grounds out the noise of the Imperial whi
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Batuhanall of Chopin pieces are easy to memorize and easy to play but SO HARD TO INTERPRET Only if you overthink it.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By squidbotWaiting with bated breath, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll probably be lame and do some unboxing pics. I'm very newb so I don't know if I'll embarrass myself with a video of me plinking out notes. No such thin
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic Numa Compact 2 by dtaki @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

This is basically a weighted synth action with piano-style keys and a heavier weight at the front of the key, rather than a weighted piano action. So it won't be very similar to the Casio Privia series, which I agree are probably the best fully-weigh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

ARPiano, one thing is totally missing in your original post. What specific things are being pointed out by your teacher? For example, might she be telling you to play with a relaxed wrist because your wrist is stiff (if it is)? Might she be stress
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D....What you students can't get through your heads is that your "advice" is incredibly condescending. Oh, I hear that. At work I often get advice from 4- and 5-year-olds.
Jump to new posts Re: Problems Recording/Saving Songs On Kawai MP7 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

Lots of good suggestion from drewr, even if it turned out just to be a problem with the thumb drive itself. My suggestion was going to be to ensure that you Save the file after recording (including naming the file and confirming the save), otherwis
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by squidbot @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Waiting with bated breath, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll probably be lame and do some unboxing pics. I'm very newb so I don't know if I'll embarrass myself with a video of me plinking out notes.
WallK, welcome to the forum! Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Best acoustic piano feel - workstation or digital piano? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Hello Scott, welcome to the forum. Just to flesh-out your digital piano list a little more, I would suggest that the following models offer the most realistic (i.e. acoustic piano-like) keybeds available in their respective categories: Non-portable
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by Lakeviewsteve @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By huaidongximany of the 'baby boomers' (born 1944-1964) had inexpensive piano lessons from what we would now call 'semi professional' instructors -- educators or 'church ladies' whose main source of income was not teaching piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic Numa Compact 2 by sullivang @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

How does the action compare to the Casio range, just out of curiousity? I reckon Casio have a very good piano feel for the total mass of the instrument. Greg.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 1840s Pleyel by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By bennevisWhat struck me was the shallowness of the action, which made it possible to play filigree fioritura very easily. Also octave glissandi too, BTW - I can't execute these on modern pianos, but on th
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Thanks Marko! Here's the main product demo: Nice, clear presentation from Adam as always, and some tasty some playing too - love the boogie woogie! Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic Numa Compact 2 by dtaki @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

This is practically my dream gigging keyboard... 15 pounds, 88 Fatar TP/9Piano keys with aftertouch, pitch/mod joysticks, built-in sounds in case my laptop freezes on stage... Here's hoping it's not too expensive. I hope to hear more information soo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 1840s Pleyel by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Yes, when we visited Paris in the 90's. Incredibly light touch.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's the piano in today's society??? by Lakeviewsteve @ Yesterday at 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By ilzhoI remember reading history when there was a time in society having a piano was a symbol of mobility/moving up. You would play or take lessons as a child. Now it seems even if you have one, it's just a piece of furniture.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Curtis Boston Upright (M. Steinert & Sons) by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Thanks for the advice Ed. I know just enough to be dangerous but I'm careful. I've only done two tunings before on our spinet. It's a lot of fun working on it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the accidental apply? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

I always though an accidental or change in accidental affected the note/s changed for one whole measure, no matter what octave they were in.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 SG2 Silent vs Kawai K300ATX II Silent by Kurtmen @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

Hi Orangeaide, After carefully looking into the design in terms of performance and also cosmetic detail. I concluded that the K-300 compares closer to a YUS-1 than a U-1. Therefore in my opinion a comparison to the B-series should not be of any cons
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there an official "One Month to Recital" thread? by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

I typing this with a beer in hand, but in spite of traditional learning methods ( like a teacher and a score) and being I work nights, and am somewhat half asleep most of the day. I’m using midi2sheet with this piece to help “teach”- me. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano or Synth. by TonyB @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Another possible route to take is to get whatever digital piano you want, but make sure it supports mid out (which I assume they all do these days...). Then get a Roland Integra-7 or a Yamaha Motif XS module and connect the midi out of your digital
Page 5 of 99 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 98 99 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Potential condition and cost of renovating a 1977 Yamaha U1?
by Arthell
24 minutes 29 seconds ago
Possible legitimate, hitherto unknown photograph of Chopin
by Opus_Maximus
Today at 03:37 AM
(Modern) Kohler & Cambell Pianos vs. Chinese-Built Yamaha
by RealFamilyMan
Today at 01:47 AM
Only hope - Romantic piano piece - Solo piano version
by stylerhun
Today at 01:40 AM
An Interesting Buzz
by rysowers
Yesterday at 09:10 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,259 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,804 Topics
2,589,124 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission