Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: A443I was originally taught to do everything in the way that Ed Foote describes. I did that approach for many years. In the end, I choose to deviate from that path for a number of very specific reasons (i.e., it didn't happen ha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, early Arrau! by Ian_G @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

The 6th was my favorite, too, FSO! Like a piece of bitter cinnamon in my apple cider on the coldest of Christmas Eves, something which speaks to the compulsive in me in a voice yet altogether repulsive, if that makes sense. But yes, I do quite so agr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by MikeN @ Yesterday at 07:38 PM

I'd do what I did in a similar situation: Get another teacher. Really, if your teacher is just shrugging things off that your considering without a valid musical reason and is moving you towards a genre your not interested in, I'd definitely say it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Pover The question is: What do you think are the main technical difficulties of, for ex, the First ballade and the heroic polonaise, and how can I work to acquire the necessary technique to someday tackle them? I know this is a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, early Arrau! by FSO @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

Ha! Nice pun ^_^ Such a silver tongue deserves at least *some* commendation; um...just a quick(ish) word before I have to go (I couldn't let this pass before doing so; for some reason it seems vital to get this behind me, so bear with me! )...I nev
WIll I know what is it about. But when keyboar and whippens are intened for that 15.5 ratio, making the action "work" with 17 mm knuckle certainly ^provide less DW, but I notice how bad the touch is then. Just for geometry reasons (jack i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by MikeN @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeNOh I definitely agree that Godowsky's transcriptions, rightly called symphonic metamorphoses, are the greatest I've heard of the genre. He really does elevate the form to something else. I just think they sit below the sona
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bored kid at Cosco.. by supersport @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Jake Clayton I think from reading the comments: "S Clayton Jul 21, 2014 @ 15:08:25 Frank, thank you for your comments of my son Jake Jake puts a lot of time in on the piano bench. This video was taken over 2 years ago by another party and
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help with hearing chord progressions by Michael Martinez @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TimR I've looked for something similar online without success. If you can recommend a site I'd appreciate it. Sorry, I don't know of a site, I wish I did. Usually this exercise is done with someone else sitting at the piano,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My introduction, and search for a grand piano by sopranojam85 @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

I get that you have to look out for your bottom line and not sell yourself short. But, the seller ought to have considered that before listing it, before agreeing to my offer, and ESPECIALLY more than 2 days before the piano mover was scheduled to co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of learning a song's chords? by Michael Martinez @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Rhythm, melody and chords are distinct things. Taken together they make up a song. Chords are harmony, and you can actually think of a melody as being something that "implies" a harmony too.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by sullivang @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic Preload is what's taken off the hard drive (or SSD) and placed into RAM waiting to be delivered (super-fast, as only RAM can) to the audio interface via the buffer (the other thing). Yes, that's essentially correct.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by wr @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

It's interesting that Mendelssohn was talking about his personal experience, and not necessarily generalizing about other people's experience as well. And he seemed to be only talking about the music he loves, not music in general. It sounds to me
Jump to new posts Re: Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

How about placing a really bright light over the keys? That'll certainly light them keys up.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please help! Hoping for advice regarding Yamaha purchase by supersport @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

If you want to cash out the piano in 2 years, my advice would be not to buy any of them now. If you plan on having a piano at that time, work on buying that one now. Good luck however you choose to go.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Sonata "Programs" by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: dolce sfogatoAll very good ideas and remarks, mine will be slight. I think that Liszt had the urge to do something 'serious' after his virtuoso-years, Chopin had just vanished, he himself just settled in Germany, love and relig
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Steinways are great; however, the competition is giving them a run for their money. Take the new Yamaha CFX for example, by all means a worthy contender to the Steinway D. Also, Steinway dominates the concert-hall market, but not so much the consumer
Piano Forum
Yes. Really good price price (if what you are saying is true). That is a steal for this brand of piano. It is worth checking out.
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: 88 Fingers JeffSomewhat. Basically, I'm looking for something similar to Supertramp's sound. I've read that in general they used a 200A with some chorus effects (I'm sure the specifics varied from song to song). One of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

I'm at a loss to understand how you ended up with a teacher who seems to know next to nothing about what you're interested in - classical music. After all, it isn't as if you had no choice in the matter, which might be the case if your parents chose
Piano Forum
Why not? I'm up for a challenge. I'll try transcribing it for you once I get home. It is a beautiful piece.
Jump to new posts Re: Join the false-beat revolution: get your wires straight!!! by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Thanks, A443, that's what I thought and it makes sense. Will
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My introduction, and search for a grand piano by A443 @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

The seller made an agreement with you, found out the the piano is worth more, and then backed out of the deal? That's not cool:
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: MikeNOriginally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: MikeN I personally think Godowsky's greatest music lies in the Sonata, Passacaglia and Strauss transcripts with glimmers of great ingenuity here and there. For me, his best
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My introduction, and search for a grand piano by sopranojam85 @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Despite having agreed on the sales price for this piano 6 days ago, and agreeing on picking it up in 2 days from now, I received notice from the seller that the piano was appraised as-is for a price much higher than what I offered. I asked if there
Page 5 of 128 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 127 128 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
86 registered (AndrewJCW, AmateurBob, 28 invisible), 1236 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75522 Members
42 Forums
156176 Topics
2293494 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice for learning composition and arrangement
by ttttcrngyblflpp
1 minute 55 seconds ago
Broadway medley
by cheni
Today at 02:10 AM
I'm Back!!
by warlock214
Today at 12:52 AM
Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ?
by Spektre
Today at 12:45 AM
Summer Camp
by myip
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission