Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
145 registered (ajames, ABC Vermonter, accordeur, alwatson, 3fngers, 36251, 32 invisible), 1796 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Made a decision by DiarmuidD @ Today at 07:49 AM

Great decision, I've always wanted to be able to tune my own piano but I'm glad i never tried, you hear a few horror stories about people with no training trying to tune their piano. It always ends in pain.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help With Studio Monitors! by Marko in Boston @ Today at 07:48 AM

True, but with any 5 inch monitor, some low end and richness will be lacking. Again, trying to keep it around $200 for OP's budget I felt Eris was a good option to put on the list for the extra money.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Made a decision by Rickster @ Today at 07:38 AM

Congratulations on your career choice and formal training decision. I work in the field of education, and, as bad as I hate to say this, education has become a marketable commodity/product. Here in the US, post-secondary educational institutions tuit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Made a decision by iLaw @ Today at 07:21 AM

Paul, Is this a private school that depends on tuition payments for its income? How many students do they accept each year? Do you get the sense that significantly more students apply than are accepted? Larry.
Adult Beginners Forum
I am with Thor177 on this one. I just started taking lessons ( lesson number 6 will be on Sunday ) at the ripe old age of 52. I know I am never going to be a top notch pianist even if I put in 20,000 hours. My goal is to be proficient and to be able
Adult Beginners Forum
Just spotted this on the Piano Adventures website. Free videos to support the Adult All-in-one book one! Wish I had these when I was going through it. Hopefully it's useful to others. https://pianoadventures.com/online-support-for-adult-piano-adven
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by R_B @ Today at 06:54 AM

Philippe Guillaume's reply quoted above also had a "Short answer" part to it. The WHOLE answer included a quote of the question; For context the question that he was responding to should be quoted as well. Straight copy/paste follows; =====
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by peterws @ Today at 06:37 AM

Originally Posted By UnderConstructionOriginally Posted By wouter79Quote: 10. UnderConstruction - Sonata 14 (Beethoven) The FULL sonata? Including the 3rd part? Yes, I went a little nuts... Although, not the FULL Sonata strictly speaking as I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Importance of the 7th Chord?! by keystring @ Today at 06:31 AM

Similar to what Richard said: Music has movement, like traveling away from home, being unsettled, and then returning home. It moves from the Tonic and back to the Tonic. The V chord is the primary chord to create this movement in the typical V-I.
Jump to new posts Roland HP605 or Casio GP300 by marko697 @ Today at 06:19 AM

Hello to everyone I am in the market to upgrade from my Roland RP401rw and have been looking at the Roland HP605 or Casio GP300 both at a similar price point. Any thoughts rom people who already own one of these would be welcome. I think I am lean
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Not a piano but.... by Withindale @ Today at 06:17 AM

Wax and elbow grease also give good results over time.
Piano Forum
I agree with Jason - I would probably put the 30 year old UX3 towards the bottom of that list. If you don't play, just have the dealer play something on the U1 and the K300 - you should know which sound you prefer. Make sure he play something that c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Made a decision by michaelha @ Today at 05:40 AM

Just dress-up like a 20-year old - including the hair. They might think you're younger. I'm almost 40 but I dress basically the same as I did when I was in college. Jeans with holes in them, graphic tees, spike up my hair. I also work out a lot so I'
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block or wrest plank? by David Boyce @ Today at 05:21 AM

Ah words! I never speak without them.... A word paints a thousand pictures.
Jump to new posts On down and up weight by Beemer @ Today at 04:42 AM

Since getting my new Blüthner upright I was convinced that key down-weight is much greater than my previous piano a Knight K10. Althought never measured the down and up weights of the Knight I decided to measure the Blùthner. The results are 53.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Made a decision by chopinoholic @ Today at 04:36 AM

Hello all, It's still a long time, but I need to tell someone! So here you go. I have made a decision about something that has been with me for years. I'm going to a piano technician's and tuning school. It's a two year training (1st year uprights,
Piano Forum
Hi FayeHsu, welcome to the forum. Ed's advice is probably far more valuable than mine, given that he's an experienced tech, and I'm just a keen amateur musician, but I'll add a few thoughts for what they're worth. Personally, of the three, I'd prob
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Becoming an Expert by ghosthand @ Today at 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By AccidentalDavidThe idea of deliberate practice is simple: baby step, find your weakness, corrective action & solve the problem, rinse & repeat. It's one of those "new perspectives" that make me hit myself on the
Originally Posted By Skyscrapersax Actually, the best amplification for a saxophone is none, by far. The great Phil Woods (RIP) used to play without a mic with a full quartet. In fact, the only amp was on the bass - with acoustic piano, of course.
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By David FarleyHow about a nice drum set? I have several nieces and a nephew now, and I can tell you that no gift is more appreciated than a nice drum set from Uncle David. Appreciated by the kids, or by their parents?<g>
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme with variations e-cital: Part 5 by Ganddalf @ Today at 03:00 AM

nhpianos' performance of Beethoven: 24 Variations on "Venni Amore" by Righini, WoO 65. Another set of variations extremely well played. it is really great music, and technically it seems just as challenging as many of the sonatas. Your tec
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevis...And Argerich often played Von fremden Ländern und Menschen as an encore. She still does Martha Argerich - 10 April 2016 (unfortunately I had people talking just behind me...)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help me read Lili Kraus's mind by wouter79 @ Today at 02:36 AM

My guess would be that she ment to say "there could not have been the third movement without the second movement"
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by sinophilia @ Today at 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By sonhnguyenOriginally Posted By sinophiliaGood Lord... I was looking at the Wessar apps this morning and they were there, in the App Store... now I go check again to get one and they are nowhere to be seen! Not in the Italian stor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Importance of the 7th Chord?! by zrtf90 @ Today at 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By MacMorrighanI started noticing a lot of 7th. chords that followed the tonic chordIf you were paying attention you might have noticed that the V7 moves to I a lot more than I to V7. Pretty much all Western music from nursery rhym
Page 5 of 84 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 83 84 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
jazz fantasy on mozart
by Thepianist0606
05/04/16 01:56 PM
I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ?
by rolfie
05/04/16 01:29 PM
Scam symptoms
by jcgee88
05/04/16 12:45 PM
Eldar Trio - May 7, Saco River Theater Buxton Maine
by Piano World
05/04/16 12:44 PM
Rebuild / Refurb Advice
by PDizz
05/04/16 12:02 PM
Forum Stats
83,505 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,396 Topics
2,521,138 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission