Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (accordeur, 36251, albumblatter, Abby Pianoman, anamnesis, 41 invisible), 1386 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Piano_Brazil @ Today at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By turandotOriginally Posted By Piano_Brazil But the point I wanted to discuss is why Petrof has raised so much their prices to USA market, and if they can sustain that in the long term. Brazil, The president of Petrof since
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By pianoman9Originally Posted By Furtwangler RE Furtw: That's could be the suggested retail price, but there is always wiggle room, and adjustment to local markets. Not really. Not very often. Forum members should not expect to
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
That probably is not where the squeak is coming from, but it would not hurt. Is there are spring on the other side of the lever?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales/Arpeggios/Block Chords Book? by DragonPianoPlayer @ Today at 04:22 PM

Cooke Mastering the scales and arpeggios is free and very thorough
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easy pieces in B major for begginers by JohnSprung @ Today at 04:18 PM

See if you can find Addinsell's "Warsaw Concerto", and look at rehearsal mark "K". The theme there is surprisingly comfortable to play because it's in B. Try to do as much finger legato as you can on it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Recitals by UNKNOWN pianists. by GeePee @ Today at 04:16 PM

fnork, sorry, I didn't take a photo of the entire poster but I do recall that it did not show any programs. However, after a bit of searching I discovered this link to the 2014/2015 season for the "Opera di Forenze". If you move through
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by Moonsh1ne @ Today at 04:16 PM

My mother always warned me not to play with others in ducts
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By idfpianoI have Asio4all installed with 0 in/out compensation and with ~500 samples, force 44.1k OFF, allow pull ON. I use Kontakt with The Grandeur piano. The setup is for playing at home. When it works correctly, sound is awesom
Originally Posted By Charles CohenI strongly suggest getting a teacher, and taking some lessons. I suspect you have developed some really bad technical habits -- maybe using finger action, instead of "arm weight". If you started out playi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts For when you've had it with music theory.... by JohnSprung @ Today at 04:10 PM

A Circle of Fifths Dart Board: http://www.zazzle.com/circle_of_fifths_dart_board-256598511973833515 Looks like fun.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: temperaments and tuning - why it matters for pianists by alfredo capurso @ Today at 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By Ed FooteOriginally Posted By proutI think, or at least hope, that no one is arguing that any acoustic keyboard instrument can be tuned the same way twice, let alone the same way as another instrument. Edit: I always find it fu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Recitals by UNKNOWN pianists. by GeePee @ Today at 04:03 PM

Nikolas, my wife and I try to make a decent overseas trip every 2 years. This year was her turn to choose where, but due to her work commitments March was the only month she could be away. I know it wasn't the ideal time of year to travel through Eu
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401 or Kawai CN25 ? by dmd @ Today at 04:03 PM

I would not have your daughter involved with the decision at all ... UNLESS ... Her opinion is going to be the final decision. Don't ask her which one she prefers and then get the other one. I would not have her even touch/see any of the options
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- another short story by JohnSprung @ Today at 04:02 PM

So the moral of the story is look at the plate casting....?? BTW, those decals are readily available on the internet. Anybody can buy them.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano hunt - Confusion by prender @ Today at 04:01 PM

Life in Rip-Off-Britain - ain't it sweet. Your post brings up one of my biggest bugbears in British piano retail - the 'friendly' price-on-application; "we only do it so we can give you the best price available". In other words, they want
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by OneWatt @ Today at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By SebsThanks all! I was just checking out the Casio PX-5S as suggested. Seems perfect and the price is less than I thought it would be. I'm sure it has plenty of sounds and at that price I would most likely keep my Kross. My main n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales/Arpeggios/Block Chords Book? by beechcraft409 @ Today at 03:56 PM

Scales Bootcamp is a pretty good book. edit: that's odd, I don't recall it costing $49.99, I could have sworn I paid less for it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingerings on sheet music by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79I always put my own fingerings in. The printed ones are only a suggestion. +1 I use MuseScore and print things out with my fingerings. Sometimes I get lucky and somebody else's fingerings work well for me, but mostly
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by Sebs @ Today at 03:49 PM

I was reading the manual seems to only have 2 pedal inputs that can only be sustain. Is this true? No switch or expression input?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By GreenerOriginally Posted By PhilipInChina Interestingly- I know this was tongue in cheek- but I find even the smallest amount of alcohol and I play far worse than normal. Generally so, yes. Although few consider a good stiff sh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Your favourite underplayed piano concerto? by Cheeto717 @ Today at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By doctor SManuel Ponce? Finally someone else mentions Ponce besides me. Here is his Conicierto Romantico, a gorgeous concerto in one movement (think Mendelsshon G minor concerto). It's absolutely worth checking out. http://yout
Peter, I thought they were good enough quality to handle the piano... But they aren't. Elmer, I have tried what you suggested but even playing with the volume on both units I can't get a clear pure sound. It is pretty frustrating.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Pogorelich.Originally Posted By carey Or - you can get your foot in the door (so to speak) if you have a Masters degree in piano performance and are willing to start out as an Instructor of Music at the college/university level.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq U4 has gone very quiet . . by peterws @ Today at 03:42 PM

Thanks for the responses guys! U4 isn`t one I use much; in fact I don`t use Pianoteq all the time. But U4 midnight is appealing to me . . . I really don`t know what it can be. I`ve upgraded to P`teq 5 1 4 which is the latest, and it`s made no diff
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by Sebs @ Today at 03:41 PM

Thanks all! I was just checking out the Casio PX-5S as suggested. Seems perfect and the price is less than I thought it would be. I'm sure it has plenty of sounds and at that price I would most likely keep my Kross. My main need is to have the feel o
Page 5 of 112 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 111 112 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sohmer Upright piano model 34A
by dbf
18 minutes 57 seconds ago
A long over due update...
by Les Koltvedt
39 minutes 22 seconds ago
Piano Movers Tightened a Leg Bolt too Tightly
by pianoman9
Today at 08:17 PM
descending thirds with right hand
by pianu_reeves
Today at 06:40 PM
Best way to control a PC virtual piano from Yamaha CLP-585?
by eclectic
Today at 06:31 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,726 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,894 Topics
2,390,906 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission