Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Old Man Wrong. The purpose of the thirst mechanism is to signal that water is needed. Exactly! You've contradicted yourself, Old Man. The logic is simple, I'm sure you can find the line and follow it if you try. Originally P
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Old Man @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: Old ManDrink when you're thirsty This is incomplete. If one is feeling thirsty, it's already too late. The whole point is to avoid the feeling of thirst. It follows that one should be drinking water r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: FSOAtrys darling... Originally Posted By: FSO better to be considered an idiot and stutter an incomprehensible truth in company, than to hold one's self so high that there are none to hear their well-versed lie. This ass
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Troubleshooting the Gravity Drop/Weight Transfer etc. by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

The finger shouldn't grip or contract (unless you specifically want to create a certain kind of percussive finger accent.) The finger should maintain a curved shape, anywhere from a 90-degree curve to a nearly flat curve, depending on where the not
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Old ManDrink when you're thirsty This is incomplete. If one is feeling thirsty, it's already too late. The whole point is to avoid the feeling of thirst. It follows that one should be drinking water regularly to keep fluid leve
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by currawong @ Yesterday at 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Atrys@FSO I'm not reading that giant wall of unorganized, inconsiderate text. ... I'm sure there is something to be drawn from your...rants...There certainly is! I picked a bit out for you so that you didn't have to read the who
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by FSO @ Yesterday at 06:38 PM

Atrys darling...better to be considered an idiot and stutter an incomprehensible truth in company, than to hold one's self so high that there are none to hear their well-versed lie. Um...I've stated before why I type as I type. Believe it or not, it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

Hello Adanepst, sorry you're having this problem. I often experience tension as either fatigue or "difficulty", as in I have difficulty getting to notes, the reason being that the muscles are working against one another and making it hard
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by Louis Podesta @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Golly gee, Dr. Mark C. (it rhymes): if my comment was no big deal, there certainly has been much said about it. As stated in one source: "A chorale is a melody to which a hymn is sung by a congregation in a German Protestant Church service. Th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Old Man @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

adanepst, I believe bennevis's advice is sound. I've talked to more than one doctor about the current fad of drinking copious amounts of water all day, and they say it's unnecessary, and could be outright dangerous if the person is elderly, and has
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

@bennevis At least you're trying to hold back your rage this time I'll give you that much. Yet, still, you have no proposition, you do not attack a proposition, and you commit yourself to fallacy. Your posts are literally meaningless, so I suppose
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing a piece through by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Separate "work" practice from "playthrough". Work is in small repeated sections with definite goals, maybe melody only, maybe hands separately, maybe at various tempos, etc. Playthrough is going from beginning to end at a currentl
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by keystring @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

I want me a "Martasonic" !!!! Too Cool !!!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by FSO @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

Atrys...I before thought you were proud and perhaps a little narrow-minded, but I now worry that you're perhaps cruel or, at the least, too obnoxious to understand how cruel you may be being. I mean, um, you have *no* idea what the OP's life is like;
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cracks in my soundboard?? by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

Introducing my new invention - The Piano Player Pacifier Useful in quelling the anxiety of caring for a fine piano, it gently sounds Für Elise as you gum your way into tranquility. (Well all suffer from the same anxieties - Yer doin' gud!)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by bennevis @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Atrys@bennevis You never really have a point in your posts; it's just "words, words, words" fueled by obvious frustration (even here, still). The pot calling the kettle black? (No, you probably haven't heard that b
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Derulux Not to mention the highly arrogant and elitist, "This is good music because it's good music," mindset Or the "I write music for myself, and myself only". And then wo
Piano Forum
The serial number of Bechsteins is usually to the left of the tuning pins just above the bass/tenor break. They are often very faint.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

I'm not sure it was first done by them, but the pre-emminant stencil pianos were made in the 60s-80s by Aeolian. They made the same piano, under the following labels (as my poor memory serves me): Winter & Co. Geo. Steck & Co. Henry f. Mill
Pianist Corner
I sense two quasi-separate issues here, one of which is definitely technique-related. (The other is a toss-up, based on the knowledge of just one post.) Regarding a "percussive tone": I have translated this to mean Each. Note. Sounds. Sep
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

I would guess it's a model M, which was about that size and was probably produced at that time. Probably not very many from that time period here in the US.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: catersI once saw in a list of videos 2 pianos 16 hands. It is impossible to have 4 players on 1 piano so it is impossible to have 2 pianos 16 hands. I've no idea of what you're on about in your second paragraph, so I've delet
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday TwoSnowflakes by jdw @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Happy birthday, neighbor!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by Atrys @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

@bennevis You never really have a point in your posts; it's just "words, words, words" fueled by obvious frustration (even here, still). You consistently resort to attacking the person instead of their proposition, another fallacy. Your
Page 5 of 135 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 134 135 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, AmateurBob, 40 invisible), 1507 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153513 Topics
2249583 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Insanity
by Polyphonist
3 minutes 55 seconds ago
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
7 minutes 48 seconds ago
Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover
by SAO
47 minutes 7 seconds ago
Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!!
by ShiroKuro
Today at 10:17 PM
Chopin Op28 No 20
by Arizona Sage
Today at 10:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission