Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (Aly Baracat, anotherscott, accordeur, augustm, 28 invisible), 1682 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by PBL @ Today at 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By elendilHamborg is not as easily accessible from my location (Copenhagen) as it would be from Jutland or Funen, but it's a good suggestion. Since you are in Copenhagen can't you visit digitalpiano.dk? They claim to have one of the
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Juno Di 61 by Gretel @ Today at 03:19 AM

Not sure why you think you need to defend Roland here. Looks like I need to clarify: I think it is not a good product at 600. I wouldn't buy it at 600, nor would I recommend it at this price point. I named a few alternatives for either a roughly comp
Jump to new posts Re: Considering to buy a Yamaha YDP-162 by fryderykchopin @ Today at 03:19 AM

I have had the YDP162 for one month and I did some research on many DPs before buying. I went for this one because I really like its sound, specially with headphones, and also because it's cheaper than other models that have lots of sounds, voices, r
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Olek @ Today at 03:15 AM

Edit: May be the strings change of plane nt push the strings on one side, so the final HORIZONTAL plane mode is attained sooner.
I can just add that when tuning a piano with no sostenuto pedal we can just use a screwdriver or a paps mute to lift the A4 damper off the strings in order to be able to retune the A4 string with one hand while holding the tuning fork with the other
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Arius YDP-181 Sticky Keys by fryderykchopin @ Today at 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacFrom your description, I've had what seems to be the same problem. The keys need occasional lubrication. My Clav needed that for the first time after about four years. I expect to repeat every year or two. I am intere
You are a very generous person Bill. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and experience in this public forum. I for one can say that I have learned a lot from your articles in your web page and your posts here in PW.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Juno Di 61 by anotherscott @ Today at 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By GretelAlso the price point is not a good argument. It costs 600€ here in Europe. I guess manufacturing costs are less than 100€, certainly less than 200€. Practically speaking, from a consumer's point of view, price should
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by SwissMS @ Today at 02:41 AM

Grade 8 AMEB will be a huge achievement, Tubbie0075! I am sure you will do great! I do know what you mean about not sleeping before the exam. I am the same. Then, after the exam I lie awake trying to figure out what my score will be- a pointless exer
Pianist Corner
Dvorak was clearly channeling Schumann here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlzwGy5gEAI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL5RjrcxAGI
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By The MonkeysHI, Candywoman, my son is learning this piece and he is having some difficulties on the 2 against 3 sections (page 3 triplets). I realized this is something new to him. The rhythm is more complicated than just a 2-a
Jump to new posts Re: Touch weight of digital pianos (my fingers hurt!) by fryderykchopin @ Today at 02:28 AM

Thank you all for your comments. Answering some of your questions: My DP has three levels of touch sensitivity. The default is medium, and changing it to soft/low I see that the sound becomes louder with the same amount of physical effort so I can
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Leonid @ Today at 02:20 AM

Is anybody using RD-800 with MainStage 3? Have strange issues, like ticks in clicks with MainStage piano sounds.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for my RCM repertoire learning (prep level) by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:17 AM

There's a huge difference between playing a piece "right" (that is, "no mistakes") and playing it "well" (with proper expression, so the listener enjoys it). An examiner doesn't expect perfection in execution. He wants
Piano Forum
Direct link.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by Tubbie0075 @ Today at 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By Tubbie0075In 2 months I will be sitting for my first piano exam under AMEB at grade 8, or my first piano exam after ABRSM exam in over 20 years! I'm so nervous! Hey good luck! Get lots of sleep t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for my RCM repertoire learning (prep level) by sinophilia @ Today at 01:34 AM

6 years is not necessarily a lot of time, it depends on the actual time spent practicing and the quality of your learning/teaching. If you're only doing half an hour a day or you practice just a few days a week it can take a lot of time to progress.
Adult Beginners Forum
It's now available at the Book Depository for $22 or so (also via Amazon sellers) http://www.bookdepository.com/The-Art-of-Piano-Playing/9781871082456
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for my RCM repertoire learning (prep level) by bananasushi @ Today at 01:27 AM

The RCM book is Preparatory but pre 2015 so there is no book A or book B. It is the Celebration Series Perspectives from the 2008 curriculum. When I started the book I only played each song maybe 5-10 times then move on to the next one. I didn't spe
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Juno Di 61 by Gretel @ Today at 01:24 AM

I used to have a Juno D (i.e. not a Di) and have tested the Di in a store as well as listened to it intensively on youtube. In my opinion, as opposed to the previous poster, it's not okay. Of course, especially for piano it is completely lacking. T
Fryderyk, the Yamaha "GH" keys have a peculiarly high initial resistance but basically the same resistance overall through the key travel as most new acoustics. I did not notice any changes over time with them.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cannot seem to build speed by SiFi @ Today at 01:02 AM

No no no, don't quit. My recommendation would be to take a look at Czerny's 101 exercises, Op. 261. They're short (sometimes REALLY short) and generally simple, but each one has a very specific and valuable technical purpose. I started learning th
Jump to new posts Re: "Do you know anything about Well temperament?" by rysowers @ Today at 01:01 AM

If the music director wants to hear Bach's music with the appropriate tuning he should take the time to read Fred Sturm's scholarly article on the subject. http://my.ptg.org/blogs/fred-sturm/2014/10/24/lehman-bach-tuning-refuted
Originally Posted By fryderykchopinHello everyone! I learnt to play about 10 years ago on a 61-key unweighted electronic keyboard, which was very light and easy to play. Last month I decided to start playing again after so many years but in a decent
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a new piece to learn by SiFi @ Today at 12:36 AM

Beethoven Sonata Op. 49 No. 1 in G minor. Two fabulous movements that used to entrance my adult students every time. Not too difficult, but not easy! Here's Brendel playing it (exquisitely): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5052SCKvmw
Page 5 of 74 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 73 74 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Monster (piano cover)
by Aly Baracat
08/27/15 04:38 PM
Intro to the new Casio CGP-700
by PianoManChuck
08/27/15 04:36 PM
The Kawai RX-2C
by Jon2881
08/27/15 03:53 PM
Yamaha U3 series
by crobar
08/27/15 03:07 PM
Replacement Hammer Question
by Seeker
08/27/15 10:49 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,456 Topics
2,439,646 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission