Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
99 registered (Albunea, 36251, AntonJ, Almaviva, ando, Albert Brighten, 27 invisible), 1727 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fit and Finish of Keytops by BDB @ Today at 03:40 AM

I think what you are noting is that on some pianos, the mass produced ones, the sharps are glued on before the keys are cut apart, so they are cut or trimmed to, or into, the edge of the sharp. On the other pianos, the keys are cut, and then the shar
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide mains/French translation needed by Molto lombardo @ Today at 03:15 AM

Quote: I'm not sure that we're on the same page here - that is, I don't know if you are on any page. For example, whether you are thinking that if SS played this way, then we should follow that same past. I never can do much with the fact that x ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: self study testing - metronome, cheating? by drewrst @ Today at 03:09 AM

Hello Halford, It strikes me that you voiced concern with cheating. I have seen other posters/threads voice similar concern, not necessarily due only to metronome use but various reasons/tips related to learning and practicing how to play piano; an
Pianist Corner
Thanks for your recommendations, jeffreyjones and jonnyboy126! I'll definetely have a listen to those. They already smell good with your descriptions! And Nikolas, yes SOLO piano preferably if I'm not asking something strange.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skipping a method book level by Nikolas @ Today at 02:58 AM

A few quick thoughts: 1. Mastery of 4 bars? With 3 notes? I'm not sure that there's anything worth mastering and I find that it's much better to give them some "meat and bones" to work on their posture, hand position, wrist position, finge
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by daniokeeper @ Today at 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By AntonJYes, thanks. What do you suggest if I don't have the chance to install the piano life saver ? It seems not available in Rome. Ordinary dehumidifier ? -Aj Hi AntonJ, I just checked the Piano Lifesaver website. This is a l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by dolcini @ Today at 02:35 AM

Thank you very much SwissMS ! Unfortunately not starting too strong; business trip 26 and 27 but I managed to play some last night so I need to excuse only the 26/8.
Jump to new posts Re: Individual Hammer felt replacing by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 02:16 AM

And boy, do those upper treble hammers sound too heavy. All that clacking and whacking.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fit and Finish of Keytops by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 02:13 AM

One could place veneer on the keystick below the sharp to fill out the edge. There would be much careful sanding to be done to get keystick side flush with the sharp edge. And then stain would need to be applied to blacken the wood.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano creak? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 02:10 AM

Oh an upright. If there is a spring that holds the bottom board in it could have been slightly askew and when the bottom board moved a very little the spring "squeaked/groaned" on the polyester.
Jump to new posts Re: Individual Hammer felt replacing by BDB @ Today at 02:01 AM

I think they need filing and voicing. The outer felt, which is usually uneven, needs to be removed. It sounds like some of the hammers are not hitting all the strings evenly.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianists with high seating positions by dbach @ Today at 01:50 AM

Many thanks for this, Lakeviewsteve.
Pianist Corner
Argerich with Abbado and the Berlin Phil. Her sense for phrasing and singing those long lines is so natural and beautiful, and the orchestral solos are done really well. Balance between piano and orchestra is really good, too.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by lophiomys @ Today at 01:35 AM

Your ears might be really good, and give you satisfactory perception. That might not be the case for many others. The DPBSD project gives you quantitative and comparable measuring results, which are hardly refutable by marketing statements or perso
Pianist Corner
Michelangeli/Precis, or Francois/Cluytens. They are older recordings, but I remember the sound quality of the former being especially good.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Tarantella by Polyphonist @ Today at 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By Steve ChandlerFun! How do you suppose the extra part in bars 92-98 would be played? You'd have to have another pianist onstage with you for that part.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by outo @ Today at 01:20 AM

How time flies! Right now I am sceptic of managing to record more than 3 pieces...but we'll see.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hi from new member by MossySF @ Today at 01:09 AM

My company just moved into a new office (historic 3-story house) and on my recommendation, we'll put a digital piano in the downstairs break room area. (Several folks with kids taking piano -- and people tend to bring their kids by after school whil
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ Today at 01:01 AM

Thanks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano creak? by Maximillyan @ Today at 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By Beemer It was as if something wooden had moved. It appeared to come from the piano but there definately was no accompanying string resonance. Naturally I tested every note and all are in tune. is usually the reason for such an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: [Lucy] A Tear Before Dawn by BruceD @ Today at 12:59 AM

I'm not sure what genre you would call this composition, but I have the feeling you might get more response in the Non-Classical forum. Regards,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by BruceD @ Today at 12:57 AM

I agree with Carey. We don't all work well under excessive pressure; while some rise to the challenge, others can cave under it. A teacher who teaches only his/her way without regard for the students learning style or strengths is not necessarily
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Joplin Recital! by Carey @ Today at 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By CareyIt has about it a gentle quality like "The Entertainer" and its distinctive form and range of moods suggest to some musicologists a breakthrough to a Chopinesque form of ragtime, albeit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by Carey @ Today at 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By wrI agree that you should talk to your teacher about what you are experiencing, and find out his rationale. Of course, there's the possibility he won't want to tell you, because of the nature of whatever it is he is trying to do
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by Ralphiano @ Today at 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By peterws That`s it folks! 120 days to Christmas . . . .ha ha I hope Santa brings you a shiny new bicycle with a digital piano for handlebars!
Page 5 of 78 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 77 78 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is PioneerVSX-329 good amp for Focusrite and hi-fi speakers?
by michaelvi
Today at 08:27 AM
Repertoire)
by I like Piano
Today at 08:01 AM
When things get rough...
by outo
Today at 04:05 AM
Why do dealers sometimes push a particular brand?
by Piano90X
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Starting a student over
by Arghhh
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
Forum Stats
84,789 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,777 Topics
2,550,783 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission