Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
137 registered (accordeur, 36251, anotherscott, 35 invisible), 1759 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Like Someone In Love - a rhythmic approach by KlinkKlonk @ Today at 12:53 PM

Sounded great, maybe a bit too long. Cheers
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: trill RH: the LH goes too fast by Arghhh @ Today at 12:52 PM

Make sure you are playing a measured trill, that is, a trill with a specified number of notes and not an unmeasured trill with a random number of notes. Choose two or possibly three notes in the RH per one LH eighth note.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The question you are asking indicates that you probably shouldn't be messing with the felts, or should be prepared for a mess. Setting up a keybed refelting job requires careful measurements, and a thorough knowledge of the needed dip and travel depe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Merry Christmas by MusicaMusique @ Today at 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Barry1963loved it !! thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas Originally Posted By: LarryShoneAwesome arrangement there! Thanks a lot
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Creating schedule of lessons for next term by malkin @ Today at 12:47 PM

Some people don't mind reschedules at all and for others it's catastrophic. Find out which sort you're working with and proceed accordingly.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Creating schedule of lessons for next term by Arghhh @ Today at 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoWhy are you stressing out over three kids? Fridays are always tough to schedule kids. They're half my studio! actually I'm not too concerned a out moving these 3 but in the future if i get more students I would lik
Originally Posted By: rxdI always knew Israel Stein to be one of natures perfect gentlemen and his patience with you was exemplary. You have a piano that has not been serviced in more than twenty years. If you have access to Israel, you have around
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: mp11 by Alexander Borro @ Today at 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: mike2014Many thanks for your quick reply. It is a problem to try software before you buy here in England. You have to buy and hope it works. I have tried net trial version of Galaxy Steinway, and it sounds even across the range,
Jump to new posts Like Someone In Love - a rhythmic approach by marcuslchoi @ Today at 12:43 PM

A lot of jazz talk is about melody and harmony, but usually not as much about rhythm. I've devoted this analysis/demo (with annotations) to rhythmic displacement, ostinatos, polyrhythms, etc since I believe the most important but often overlooked par
Originally Posted By: ando You're very interested in talking ad nauseam about how great the V-piano is - why not just show us? By your own estimation, even if we went to a store to play one, we will be confronted with poorly designed presets that wi
Hi dire tonic, check out my latest post to see some swing! I was going for a different sound with this one
Originally Posted By: PianoMan51If you buy a new Steinway piano, or Collins guitar, or Gibson mandolin, the first thing you do is to have it professionally setup to your needs. They don't come from the factory with the fine-tuning necessary for conce
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales are a struggle by LarryShone @ Today at 12:35 PM

What about this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0739003682/ref=pd_aw_sbs_b_1?refRID=1ER65Q9JFF4C58X31BGF
Jump to new posts Re: mp11 by mike2014 @ Today at 12:33 PM

Many thanks for your quick reply. It is a problem to try software before you buy here in England. You have to buy and hope it works. I have tried net trial version of Galaxy Steinway, and it sounds even across the range, but you still need to play it
Thanks Nahum! It's something Jean-Michel had me do, play songs in unfamiliar keys so that your experimentations are not overly commanded by muscle memory. I also like playing in different keys to help strengthen my solfege ear training.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Christmas 2014 at Piano World Headquarters - Maine by Piano World @ Today at 12:26 PM

Some pictures of our Christmas decorations here at Piano World headquarters in Parsonsfield, Maine Most of the decorating was done by Kathy. I added two new 20 amp circuits with outdoor outlets mostly to accommodate the lights :-) Now show us yours
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales are a struggle by Jytte @ Today at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: JytteOriginally Posted By: Whizbang[quote=LarryShone] Chopin taught his students scales starting from B and saved C as one of the last scales. B fits under the right hand REALLY well. Your long fin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales are a struggle by Alexander Borro @ Today at 12:26 PM

The piano handbook by Carl Humphries is a good buy Larry I thought, it has all the scales in there and various exercises plus lots of material, if you can tolerate its very steep learning curve, which is why I use it along with .. rather than a book
Thanks for the feedback everybody! I don't use the word "jazz" in the youtube title because I wouldn't necessarily call this arrangement "jazz", but I did use a lot of things like reharm, improv, and other liberties that I've lear
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do we play? by Jytte @ Today at 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SwissMS I am one who does take exams and play in recitals - and I enjoy dong it! Why? For two reasons. First, to me music is to be shared. I like playing for others. I guess I am a bit of a ham. Secondly, I want to nurture
Originally Posted By: bennevis Heck, I don't even know what C major is, let alone a tone row. Nobody said you can't play piano - just that you don't want to be subjected to judgement. Quote:Alternatively (here's my other program speaking) - I ha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Digital Piano by Carbonblob @ Today at 12:11 PM

Hey Kurtz, You must have been talking to the Yamaha tech who repaired my GT1! That's exactly what I ended up paying. The killer part is, I bought the Kawai before he finished repairs.......don't ask. I tried to rationalize that by thinking the next
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by mcoll @ Today at 11:56 AM

Thanks! I'm still very much interested how the two actions compare. I expect the rh3 would be pretty close to what it should be now, with the counterweights. As for the trills, I just saw Kawai's demo video for the CN35 and the choice of music pretty
Jump to new posts Re: mp11 by McBuster @ Today at 11:56 AM

There has been serious discussion in this Forum of the sounds of certain keys on all the Kawai pianos that use the same Grand Feel keyboard and Harmonic Imaging XL engine. Particularly for their flagship Concert Grand sound. Folks at Kawai will te
RXD--you are just the type of tuner who would be off my preferred list. Your attitude is exactly the type I would eschew.. Thankfully, you are not going to touch my piano now or in the future.
Page 5 of 104 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 103 104 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help picking a Beethoven Piano Sonata Slow movement
by oaklandraiders76
12/20/14 04:50 PM
What are some great ways to learn the blues?
by brucepiano
12/20/14 04:37 PM
Do you recommend an undercover on upright with Dampp-Chaser?
by thestar
12/20/14 03:56 PM
kawai model SA-8E upright
by EthanHawaii
12/20/14 02:28 PM
Piano Felt
by Modern Conner
12/20/14 01:37 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160021 Topics
2349935 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission