Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
63 registered (Batuhan, beeboss, barnaby, AndrewJCW, casinitaly, AZNpiano, 13 invisible), 936 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Attention to detail and Leschetizky-Schnabel "lineage" by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Pedantry loses again.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Grade 10 RCM Examination Questions by Rothwell @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Hello everyone. I am taking the grade 10 RCM examination and looking at the 2008 syllabus, I have some questions related to the examination: 1. For the melody playback section, it states that the examiner will play a melody twice and the player need
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Yes but the threshold between a small and medium scale octave is the quality of the pure 4:2 octave. A medium spread octave sounds better as a wide 4:2. As for your octave having the same equality no matter the size, I'm thinking you are using a fo
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Chuck, They are getting even more had core as you speak. Have tuning fork, will travel, is the word. No electronics at all allowed for Part 1 of the tuning exam. Did you already resign? If not, I wanted to initiate a proposal to nominate you for
Piano Forum
I thought it would be a pledge situation where you don't collect actual money until you reach your pledge target. That's how this usually works, maybe this is a different arrangement.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Kawai CN35 v1.07 software update by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Good morning folks, Kawai Japan has recently issued a software update for the CN35 digital piano. This recommended update incorporates the USB audio recorder fixes and damper/sostenuto repedalling improvements from the latest MP instruments, in add
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Evolutionary Piano Project Indiegogo-Carbon Fiber Soundboard by PaintedPostDave @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

"Did he get enough to do a first phase or anything like that ? With another campaign once he has proved the concept ? Does he have to return what he did raise ?" The response was way too weak to start anything at all. He did offer to retur
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Another thing with that shaky stand -- You're looking at your hands all the time, because you have to in order to know where the keys are. To read music, you have to be able to keep your eyes on the page most of the time, which you won't be able to
Jump to new posts Kawai ES7 v1.17 software update by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Good morning folks, Kawai Japan has recently issued a software update for the ES7 portable digital piano. This recommended update incorporates the USB audio recorder fixes and damper/sostenuto repedalling improvements from the latest MP instruments
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By ClsscLibDon't know where the OP is located, but I like the demo-ing selection at Sam Ash in NYC. They usually have the Kawai digitals on the floor, and I've never seen them at the local Guitar Cen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it always the same? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Haha, 'real men', 'what are you afraid of?' I must've taken the wrong exit and ended up in the wrong neighborhood. I'm not going to make Rickster's life complicated so I'm not going to take the bait. Just type whatever you feel like typing.
Jump to new posts Re: Conundra by siros @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Quote:Thanks for the answer , the truth I bought the MP7 for a unique opportunity presented to me and I could not experience any other model previously. I just picked it online considering the price, specifications and reviews I read on the forums
Originally Posted By Tunewerk I read through your Journal article again, and in Fig. 3 you show a flowchart for determining m3rd/M3rd equalities based on your term of octave spread. My question is basically the same as Kees', although he seemed satis
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fun for Beethoven fans by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

This parody is quite well-known. Always funny though.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP6 or MP7 vs. Roland RD700NX by Scott Hamlin @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

I think you guys are getting played.
Okay, Mark, I'll quit asking. I can't think of how I can be any more specific. You asked for an intelligent argument, so I put more into it for you. The questions above are addressing exactly why I don't understand your method further. With tuning,
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by eibgrad @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Beginner or experienced? Makes a big difference imo. I spent most of June going over my options, and it came down to the ES100 or PX-150 (which later became the PX-160 when it was released mid-June). I might have give the KAWAI the edge if it was
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting repeated phrases by gooddog @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Oh! I feel so revitalized!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ivan Moravec RIP by wr @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By izalduI am quite surprised at the comments stating he was not that well known; which i do not doubt, but i always had the impression he was quite recognized and even famous. Judging from the number of comments in this thread,
Jump to new posts Re: Conundra by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Nicely done toddy.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100 vs Roland FP80 by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi, how compared Kawai ES100 against Roland FP80 in key action, heaviest touch?, and your choice in best quality, durable and reliable key action is?. Thanks. Well, Tweedledum thinks the Kawai is better, but Tweedled
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Fun for Beethoven fans by jdw @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

I freely admit that I stole this link from Graham Fitch's blog (http://www.practisingthepiano.com/some-piano-humour/), where he has other amusing clips. But this one is just too funny not to share, and I had never seen/heard it before:
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTI have to take offense to your claim that this is not progressive M3's just because of Kees' measurements. Instead of being offended I recommend substantiating your measurements instead. Below how I measured B
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

39. Nothin' To Do Blues - Mier
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traditional One Month To Recital Thread by Anne H @ Yesterday at 08:07 PM

I am almost ready to record for this recital and mostly ready for the standards one. I'm going to attempt two Piazzolla tangos if I can get them both recorded - recording is by far the worst part for me and takes the most time.
Page 5 of 82 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 81 82 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does a responsive touch mean more resistance at the bottom?
by DeadPoets
Today at 04:10 AM
Teaching Friends' Kids
by AZNpiano
Today at 03:57 AM
What These Markings Indicate?
by Batuhan
Today at 01:43 AM
visited Pianoworks this week
by terminaldegree
Today at 12:07 AM
Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older!
by Musicdude
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,201 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,880 Topics
2,431,520 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission