Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
120 registered (aoto34, 36251, accordeur, 29 invisible), 1243 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By noobpianist9029. BrianDX - Great Wall Of China Nicely played. The piece certainly feels impressive like the great wall. Full of drama. And the pentatonic scale certainly gives it a Chinese feel. One suggestion, go easy on the sus
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by Withindale @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By alfredo capursoHi Ian, It won't be difficult for you to enhance your beat perception for some intervals, especially if you can be helped by someone that tells you what to listen to. Sometimes it is like looking for mushrooms and
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts I bought a piano! by GretchenG @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks, having been directed here by Perri Knize's book. Almost everything I know about pianos I learned on the internet--thanks, everyone! I never expected to do this, but I just decided it was time to try a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent help needed: Piano makes screeching noises by lolatu @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsTook a year for the shop to sort it out. That must have been quite a repair bill...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

Yes, but at a party, can you whip off Happy Birthday in a jazzy style?
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by Steve Senseney @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

As I read this, I thought about guitar tuners. Guitar tuners are a worm drive. The tension on the guitar string is much less than on a piano. Guitar tuners wear out with enough use. Bass guitar tuners are fairly large. If they were scaled to w
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever System by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Have you tested your stability?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich - Piano concerto nr 1 by wr @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkThanks for the comment! And not bad to stand in just like that, in a piece like that (on short notice, I'm assuming)! Ha - I just realized that "stand in" might be misleading. What I meant was that I did the orc
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent help needed: Piano makes screeching noises by peterws @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

Sounds like the motherboard is faulty. I had the most devilish screech imaginable in mine years ago. Took a year for the shop to sort it out.
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerThis is a question that I hope will appeal to Mark as a mechanical engineer. Worm drives do not "unwind". Through chosen ratio, e.g. 17:1 they provide a magnification of precision tension adjustment. They would
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by wr @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By Francisco ScalcoNelson Freire blew my mind playing the concertos with Chailly. I remember hearing a broadcast of him playing the 2nd - I think it was probably in preparation for making the recording - and, yes, it blew my mind,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital - Call for Submissions! by patH @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Thanks. I submitted it now.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny exercises - staccato? by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 06:19 PM

Thanks for the thoughts.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Rondo's by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Godowsky made one of his chromatic transcriptions of Opus 16, which I've played through on several occasions. Opus 5 is probably the best of the Rondos, but I play Opus 1 much more often for some reason. None of them have a lot of substance.
Jump to new posts Chickering Quarter Grand by Randy R. Johnson @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

I have a Chickering Quarter Grand (1906) 5' 6" that is missing its sostenuto rod. I've been rebuilding this piano on and off for the past 9 years. I'm trying to get it done for my 14-year old daughter who is rather accomplished and needs the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach chorales for piano by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Thanks
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

While I've got two Schumann pieces in already I've still got three to record and these will be my main focus for the next two weeks. Of the three, 15, 16 and 17, the last is ready but it joins onto 16 without a pause and 16 is a beggar. No. 15 is so
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wait for the right student? by piano_friend @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Oh, I see, so out of 20 students only 4 would be great. Doreen, I was trying to sing in on your website but the button (create account) didn't work... Yes, Karaba, it's a wise way to look at it.
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent help needed: Piano makes screeching noises by lolatu @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Quote:I have a digital piano that makes screeching sounds and plays notes that aren't being pressed. Are we talking about hardware screeching, and keys physically moving when not pressed, i.e. you have physical issues with your keyboard? I assumed a
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich - Piano concerto nr 1 by fnork @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Thanks for the comment! And not bad to stand in just like that, in a piece like that (on short notice, I'm assuming)!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Sometimes I really can't imagine what my life would be like without Chopin. It's a terrible thought!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about some music by carey @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By PolyphonistLately on the Pianist Corner there has been an abundance of threads about particular pianists, particular performances, me
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burn out and joy by gingko2 @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Dear Sand Tiger, Sorry to hear about your dad. The loss of a loved one can sap the joy out of life. I''m sure, not only I, but also others, will attest to that from personal experience. Give yourself time. I can't explain why I keep coming back
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you protect your fingers/hands (or not)? by gooddog @ Yesterday at 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By griffin2417Originally Posted By Pogorelich.Originally Posted By gooddogAfter I sliced off a good sized chunk of my index finger while cutting vegetables, my son gave me a cut-resistant glove for my left hand. I found out my piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital - Call for Submissions! by Moonsh1ne @ Yesterday at 06:06 PM

it's not compliant, use plain ascii spelling
Page 5 of 117 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 116 117 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yet another hand coordination question
by nw31304
03/01/15 11:07 PM
Rosalyn Tureck plays Bach Capriccio BMV 992
by pianoman9
03/01/15 10:50 PM
Restringing an old piano, little help?
by aoto34
03/01/15 10:47 PM
Frank & Kathy's Valentines Day Gig 2015
by Piano World
03/01/15 10:42 PM
How to play this piece without three hands?
by Valencia
03/01/15 09:07 PM
Forum Stats
78,364 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,980 Topics
2,378,574 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission