Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (AndrewJCW, 36251, ando, beet31425, 24 invisible), 1046 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Bouncing w/Bud - Sonny Rollins transcription by Mark Polishook @ Today at 04:01 PM

ID ... You're posting some serious treasure here!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Nikolai Kapustin - 'easier' pieces by Kalos Piano @ Today at 03:59 PM

sorry, I don't know any of the "easier" pieces from Kapustin, but thank you so much for this link, I didn't even know that Kapustin had composed "easier" pieces I hope somebody is able to give further titles.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lisitsa's "Tempest" by slipperykeys @ Today at 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By TwelfthRoot2 Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0m2RW4m8xE That's great. Many thanks, I didn't realise it was available. I spend more time these days restricting my piano activities to people down at my level!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by JoeT @ Today at 03:52 PM

There is a clear jump in quality between $10 and $100 headphones. But there is no gain in going from $100 and $1000, not even diminishing gains, beside making "low-end" gear artificially sound muffled (e. g. by inserting foams) or differing
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What determines which key a piece is in? by BruceD @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By SiFi[...]Originally Posted By BruceDThen, read what was said below your post about some Chopin works. And???... ... and then you'll see, as Sifi confirms, that looking at the end of the piece won't necessarily tell you what key
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 119 vs Schumann Op. 12 by Mark_C @ Today at 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By Carey....Just make sure you play the introduction really well - and keep it moving along.... ......and don't play the dotted rhythms as triplets, which almost everybody does. Good rule of thumb (as well as all other fingers) o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Wavesfactory @ Today at 03:46 PM

Classical test: https://soundcloud.com/wavesfactory/mercury-classical-test
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by beet31425 @ Today at 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_C(Although, if we want to look at it that way, where are the symphonies?) Well, there is *La Mer*, which is kind of a masterpiece. And his *Nocturnes*, a major work for orchestra. Also, if we're looking for variety, let's no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Nikolai Kapustin - 'easier' pieces by BobTB @ Today at 03:43 PM

Hi, I am familiar with his Sonatina op. 100, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooIswYG-uAw which is not too hard to play. Does anyone here know of any other work of his, that is similar in difficulty, some of his more serious compositions are really v
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 15ma = 2 octaves?! by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By JohnSprungI've also used 23 for three octaves for a cross to the deep bass in a lead sheet. Not sure if that should be ma or va or something else. I don't know, but it should certainly be 22 and n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Retsacnal @ Today at 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By WavesfactoryOriginally Posted By phackeGreetings, Piano seems to lack overtones even when played with moderately firm keystrokes in the middle of the scale, to my ears. Best wishes- Is this behaviour on both demos? In that ca
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to learn piano... But I can't... by Retsacnal @ Today at 03:33 PM

My youngest daughter has right hemi-paresis, which results in less strength and dexterity on her right side. She "experiments" and plays around at the piano occasionally. I don't want to push her too hard, but I think she could learn chords
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Wavesfactory @ Today at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By phackeGreetings, Piano seems to lack overtones even when played with moderately firm keystrokes in the middle of the scale, to my ears. Best wishes- Is this behaviour on both demos? In that case, that's how the actual piano s
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Fer De Armas @ Today at 03:26 PM

Hey thanks mischeli, but that video was fine for the Roland FP4f not the FP30...!. Cheers!.
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed - Yamaha Arius 142 v Kawaii ES 100 by Fer De Armas @ Today at 03:22 PM

Hi, IMHO Kawai ES100 has a much better key action... Cheers!.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Bouncing w/Bud - Sonny Rollins transcription by indigo_dave @ Today at 03:19 PM

First off, if you don't know of Ethan Iverson, you should check out his work. His band is The Bad Plus - everything's on YouTube. They even worked out a bass, drums and piano arrangement of Stravinsky's "The Rites of Spring" which is availa
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does It Matter If a Piano Was Tuned..... by bellspiano @ Today at 03:15 PM

Yes, scgrant is right that that phrase is a plus when considering a used piano, and you are right that the piano will need tuning after it acclimates to its new home. "Piano recently tuned" is code for "I have had a tech/tuner here rec
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by Gary D. @ Today at 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseI wish I had been forced/cajoled/bribed to carry on with violin after my one year of playing it in grade 5. But you need a private teacher to make it work, not just a classroom teacher. The only place where learnin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Retsacnal @ Today at 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By phackeGreetings, Piano seems to lack overtones even when played with moderately firm keystrokes in the middle of the scale, to my ears. Best wishes- Interesting observation. Someone here posted the other day that Faziolis ar
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by Gary D. @ Today at 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By TimRMaking a photocopy just because you need two copies for whatever reason is not even close to gray, it is black and white illegal. I doubt that a student doing it would e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to learn piano... But I can't... by scgrant @ Today at 03:09 PM

Sorry you have that limitation as it sounds like you love music. This may be no consolation, but if you love music and have some theory background, could you work at composing rather than playing? You could "play" the piano note by note o
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Spring Rail? by Johnkie @ Today at 03:04 PM

Ian: Leaving aside the different terms to describe this "piece of wood" it serves several purposes : It's ideal to attach hammer return springs to instead of having butt springs It stops the damper springs being over stressed when being p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forearm rotation by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By Groove OnThere is a similar principle from the dance world -- "All Motion is Counter-Motion". That reminds me of something Isaac Newton used to say -- For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. As f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Docc @ Today at 03:04 PM

The Seiler is a pre-owned ED168. Asking price is higher than my range, but it might be possible to negotiate into my range. It is a dealer piano, 2012 model year. I didn't look at grands when there the first time but will next time to give me tone an
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by R_B @ Today at 03:02 PM

"By and large, DP's don't wear out. They become outdated." As have wooden pianos - Those huge chunks of furniture that have but ONE sound character, can't be played really quietly and are a maintenance nightmare. They have their aficionad
Page 5 of 84 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 83 84 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Appraisal of Becker grand piano
by Rohan
05/27/16 08:38 PM
False beats - some physics and some fiction
by Gene Nelson
05/27/16 07:20 PM
I just bought my first acoustic piano, and I have a question
by Revelation909
05/27/16 07:20 PM
Please help! Parent of talented kid overwhelmed with choices
by sarir97
05/27/16 05:43 PM
How big are your hands?
by Nemaara
05/27/16 05:20 PM
Forum Stats
83,786 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,972 Topics
2,528,396 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission