Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (90minIPA, agraffe, 36251, alerique, accordeur, AlexanderLee, 34 invisible), 1555 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by sor @ 02/04/16 11:17 AM

Glen enjoyed your second piece, nice improv, here is my contribution this month a little piece by bach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DprxHKpif0
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should my teacher be teaching me? by rocket88 @ 02/04/16 11:15 AM

Quote:Although it could be because she doesn't really know me yet. This. It takes much more than the first lesson for a good teacher to figure out your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and see how you practice, etc, and then figure out a workable le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by gooddog @ 02/04/16 11:13 AM

You say: " Originally Posted By IncongruousI don't want to continue my music studies after this year. I have received an offer to study some form of Engineering at a great university. Thank you for all you taught me. Music will always be part
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help with First Piano Purchase by KurtZ @ 02/04/16 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By JerseyJustinI definitely learned the hard way about saying my budget up front! They all showed me pianos within a few hundred dollars of $10k! To get the most piano you can afford, you usually wind up paying all that you
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I'm hoping to buy in the next few months, and my planned approach is: * do my research, and know the best price I could get online * do my testing in real stores, I can't possibly decide without lots of test driving * negotiate with the real store(s)
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By zrtf90Originally Posted By MaralcI try to divide my practice time into a few subjects and always start with independence exercises, scales, arpeggios and chords (all in all keys).Try leaving the exercises until you've done the mo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consignment, or try to sell her myself by twocats @ 02/04/16 11:04 AM

I wouldn't be concerned about that, just put in the ad that it's priced at a steal to sell due to a move and this is the hard deadline, and after that date the piano will be consigned to the dealer at a significantly higher price. I think if you sta
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano in cabinet/upright appearance by Tone Deaf @ 02/04/16 10:58 AM

For what is it worth: Posted on Kijiji in Ontario on Jan. 25/16; asking $1900 Cdn for a Kawai CA51, black-brown colour, that was purchased new in 2012. So the asking of $800 US for an Ebony finished CA51 seems to me to be reasonable. I would make an
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: sheet music gymnopedie by Plowboy @ 02/04/16 10:58 AM

I used the Schirmer performance edition as they edited it slightly to make the left hand chords easier to read. The Alfred is truer to the manuscript, which has those chords split between the two staffs.
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by ando @ 02/04/16 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsThered be a DGX 660 lurking in the corner but he never noticed it.. . Having trouble reading, Pete? Alternatively: don't let the facts get in the way of a snide remark...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by pianoloverus @ 02/04/16 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usNo teacher worth their salt would encourage you to enter a music profession. Engineering is every bit as creative. Is this a serious post? At conservatories and similar places close to all of the students want to make
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Piano-related concerts you may attend? by Palmpirate @ 02/04/16 10:55 AM

The Vancouver Chopin Society presents Denes Varjon - Denes Varjon at Vancouver Playhouse (02/12/2016, 7:30 pm PST) Anyone going? Programme HAYDN Sonata in E minor, Hob.XVI:34 SCHUMANN Fantasy in C major, Op. 17 Intermission JANACEK On an overgr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts What should my teacher be teaching me? by INBoston @ 02/04/16 10:53 AM

I just started lessons again, I have no idea what level I am... Well, I know what level I am but I have no idea how to grade it or describe it I had my first lesson last week, and we went over a piece I've been trying to learn (Chopin Waltz in A
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by Plowboy @ 02/04/16 10:53 AM

Like casinitaly said, your radar is up for a reason. If you're contemplating taking pepper spray to the lesson, don't go back. Maybe the guy is just a totally unaware goofball who thinks he's being polite, but that doesn't matter. What matters is yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consignment, or try to sell her myself by Toddler2 @ 02/04/16 10:46 AM

I should probably have been clearer. If I had a year to sell, I'd probably list the piano at 26K, and be willing to take 25. I'd only list it at the mentioned price because it would give me a chance to sell it quickly. Part of my issue is I don't wa
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by peterws @ 02/04/16 10:43 AM

Thered be a DGX 660 lurking in the corner but he never noticed it.. . I noticed the Nord in our shop today. Was buying music for me g'daughter; thought the keyboard was very loose, and light. Loved it. And it was red!! £1500 or so. Have to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From now on.... by Piano*Dad @ 02/04/16 10:39 AM

Quote:I don't think finding that would actually be a 4 nanosecond second search for most people, Indeed not. In finding something specific, it helps to know exactly what you're looking for.
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by ando @ 02/04/16 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneWhat no Yamahas to compare with? Stay tuned! I'll update sometime in the next week with my thoughts on Yamaha and Casio.
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by ando @ 02/04/16 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By EssBraceando, I think you're being a bit too harsh about the Nord action. It isn't a strong point fur sure but in isolation I never found it getting in the way too much. Nord Piano 3 is supposed to be a significant improvement. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By INBostonWOW is right! That was stunning, and you have every reason to be proud. How long have you been playing, if you don't mind? Thank you for the nice feedback! I got my first piano 6 years ago, and have been taking lessons
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Satie Gymnopedie Wierdness by ajames @ 02/04/16 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88I count 16 Preludes in C in the ABF Recital. A very nice number :-) . There's another one listed under "Bach Prelude No 1.." <- that's Earlofmar's, don't want to leave him out! And one under "Pr
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/04/16 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By roytheboyAmplifiers are not impervious to external or internal noise, and the bigger the amp, the higher the gain (volume), and the bigger the speakers are, the more pronounced it will be. The noise you are hearing is probably qu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm not happy with my piano teacher... by Ulven @ 02/04/16 10:33 AM

Speak to your principle about it and explain your concerns about her. If she is getting dementia and no one else knows, that could get dangerous for her. Give a list of occasions when she had problems teaching a lesson and what they were and that the
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by Morodiene @ 02/04/16 10:30 AM

What no Yamahas to compare with?
Jump to new posts No sound from Casio PX160 speakers by RestfulCargo @ 02/04/16 10:29 AM

Hello pianoworld fans: My Casio PX160 has started doing this intermittent quirk where the speakers will remain muted after I unplug my headphones from the frontal jacks of the unit. It doesn't matter which of the two audio jacks I use or if I turn t
Page 56 of 88 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 87 88 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best way to remove a hammer butt?
by Justice Post
02/08/16 06:10 PM
looking for youtube songs in different keys
by hast66
02/08/16 06:03 PM
assessment on a 7 year boy. Is he lack of fundamental skill?
by Deep Fish Piano
02/08/16 05:56 PM
ForScore: Bluetooth Footpedal Problem
by newbert
02/08/16 05:14 PM
Big discovery on how the brain processes music
by pianoloverus
02/08/16 05:09 PM
Forum Stats
82,516 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,348 Topics
2,493,391 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission