Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
162 registered (ajames, Almaviva, accordeur, alfredo capurso, 48 invisible), 1619 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Digitalguy @ 03/23/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By jimb100I think that since I'm scanning the sheets in thru PhotoShop and adjusting the size after the scan, my sheet fill the screen better than yours. Well, that improves things for sure. However I have hundreds of sheets and a
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by lolatu @ 03/23/15 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By headbirthI thought I have decided on the DP when I read a blog of a guy who bought a piano (Kawai CA65) that was too much piano for him. That is a very well written article and I agree with almost all of it. Quote: I am a return
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lisitsa plays Liszt Sonata B minor by wr @ 03/23/15 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By joe80 To be fair to Valentina Lisitsa, the Liszt B minor is one of the most difficult pieces in the repertoire to get right - I don't excuse professionals for less-than-first-rate interpretations of well-known music in the s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: It's driving me crazy! How to mute the middle string by David Jenson @ 03/23/15 08:17 PM

You're kidding, right? OK. If you're not, stick the mute wedge between the middle string and either of the two outside strings.
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai MP11 - possible issues? by OneWatt @ 03/23/15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By Abby Pianoman... There is a vast majority of MP11 owners who are totally satisfied with their purchase (I am one of them) but sadly, do not often stand up and speak out. @Abby - I completely agree that the vast majority of Kawa
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by jimb100 @ 03/23/15 08:15 PM

I think that since I'm scanning the sheets in thru PhotoShop and adjusting the size after the scan, my sheet fill the screen better than yours.
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai MP11 - possible issues? by lolatu @ 03/23/15 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By Abby Pianomana tiny minority, who do have legitimate issues with their instrument But I will repeat again, this is a tiny, tiny minority There is a vast majority of MP11 owners who are totally satisfied with their purchase Do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are Hamburg Steinways so scarce in USA? by phantomFive @ 03/23/15 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By tony890726I feel like its easy to win a date with Taylor Swift than it is to find a Hamburg Steinway in the US for sale. Whatever man, if you can get me a date with Taylor, I'll give you a Hamburg Steinway
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" golden age M&H by phacke @ 03/23/15 08:07 PM

Cool. Looks very good indeed. You moved quickly because you knew what you like and did not from long experience, it seems. In that case, the quick move when you find the right piano, is absolutely the right thing to do. Best wishes-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai piano history by Glenn Treibitz @ 03/23/15 08:03 PM

Years ago Hyundai Corporation had Samick make what were Samick pianos with the Hyundai name. If I remember correctly there were no differences between the 2 lines. Hyundai eventually lost interest because the numbers in this industry were too low f
Jump to new posts Re: Actual Progressive M3s from Dirk's Tuner by prout @ 03/23/15 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By alfredo capursoOriginally Posted By proutI used Dirk's Tuner to set the temperament range and actually got progressive M3s. Here is the wave file. The progressive measured from F3A3 to F4A4 as follows: 6.55 6.76 7.32 7.60 8.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Teaching Gig is Going Well...... by pavanne1 @ 03/23/15 07:57 PM

I am really glad your teaching is going well. I have been caught in similar situations from time to time.I put a post about it on my blog. sometimes its hard to get through to a student. Doreen Hall http://www.palomapiano.com/blog
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP 5 broken key bracket ?? by lolatu @ 03/23/15 07:56 PM

Pat - thanks for clarifying what you meant by the tabs you needed to knock. The felt strip is originally one long piece for the whole keyboard. On the far right hand side there's a hole in it where you can attach a piece of string, so that when you
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai MP11 - possible issues? by Abby Pianoman @ 03/23/15 07:54 PM

Most new products, especially those that combine varying components like wood, metal, plastic, satin, rubber, copper, silicon chips, etc,will emit a smell of newness, especially after being transported thousands of Sea miles packed in carton, foam, a
I am on the verge of insanity! I forgot to order mute tweezers ... I tried to make my own... all in vain. Is there any workout procedure to mute the middle string?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Teaching Gig is Going Well...... by pianoman9 @ 03/23/15 07:48 PM

Ok, thanks everyone for the feedback. Yes, I know I should be more patient with this student, as I'm still new to this teaching game. I don't think he hates the piano. He's pretty decent at it for his age. But maybe he hasn't discovered what he
Adult Beginners Forum
Update #2. Played all 5 guild pieces tonight at my lesson. Pretty good feedback from my teacher, however the tempo of the last and most difficult piece is not quite right. Will have to work on that. Also did the required scale work (right hand firs
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Teaching Gig is Going Well...... by pavanne1 @ 03/23/15 07:37 PM

I am really glad your teaching is going well. I have been caught in similar situations from time to time.I put a post about it on my blog. sometimes its hard to get through to a student. Doreen Hall http://www.palomapiano.com/blog
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts My "new" golden age M&H by Cassia @ 03/23/15 07:37 PM

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster, here. I've been learning a lot on these forums and thought I would finally take the plunge and tell my story. I grew up playing on an old Thayer upright that my grandparents bought for my mom when
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts 1927 M&H by Cassia @ 03/23/15 07:30 PM

1927 Mason & Hamlin A
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by BB Player @ 03/23/15 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By joturOriginally Posted By BB Player. . . your audience doesn't and probably won't even notice your mistakes unless you highlight them in some way. Like laughing, as I tend to do. Or rolling your eyes I might as well - I can't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Usual temperament in Mozart period? by Bosendorff @ 03/23/15 07:20 PM

Even though the real answer is nobody really knows, between the three you mention, I'd say more chances with Werckmeister III or some variation of it.
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by ElmerJFudd @ 03/23/15 07:13 PM

I have a fridge in the basement that was here when I moved in. 1950s Hotpoint. Still running. In the meanwhile I've been through two modern units. Right now it's a GE, doing pretty well, knock on wood. On the V-Piano, I think PV's recordings s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by jotur @ 03/23/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By BB Player. . . your audience doesn't and probably won't even notice your mistakes unless you highlight them in some way. Like laughing, as I tend to do. Or rolling your eyes I might as well - I can't seem to quit making egregi
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100 by Pedro Ruiz @ 03/23/15 07:11 PM

Hi, I recently purchased an ES-100 and I´m very happy with it. The feeling and feedback of the keys is better than I expected (way better feeling than any FATAR keybed I have tried, even the famous TP100/LR, and my old Roland RD-300SX). Light and po
Page 56 of 102 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 101 102 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
MAGNIFICENT MOZART - 03/29/15 - Freedom, NH
by Piano World
03/27/15 02:06 PM
New piano hunt - daunted! (UK)
by Narj
03/27/15 10:31 AM
Hungarian Rhapsody No. 12 as played by Liszt
by Michael Sayers
03/27/15 10:12 AM
Help on repeats and double bars...
by Kawai Player
03/27/15 09:53 AM
George Kolasis adds Mason & Hamlin among his top picks
by Chewbacca
03/27/15 08:48 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,751 Topics
2,389,038 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission