Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (36251, AndrewJCW, AndyP, 20 invisible), 1423 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
It's not so much the cost of shipping that discourages me from looking closer at used east coast pianos. It's the cost of flying out to evaluate the piano, which might be wasted if I decide the piano's not in great condition.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: A Couple Of Steinway Libraries On Sale by slobajudge @ 07/24/16 01:59 AM

After bunch of sample libraries pianos including the most popular and expensive, I dont see any reason to make big compromise and invest in one more just for the sake to have one more. I dont hear or read that this UVI piano brings any new quality in
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Please see below reference price.(tax and shipping charge doesn't include) Genuine Yamaha upright piano parts=$585 3rd party=$260--$660 http://protac.webspace.ne.jp/diary/img_data/protac_88_25621004dc.jpg
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: fingerings for this walking bass line? by Nahum @ 07/24/16 01:40 AM

By choosing fingerings should go from the anatomical properties of hands . The natural shape of hands doesn't shell , as is often thought . Therefore, with normal size of hands, not very comfortable to play major third 4-5, and the every thir
Adult Beginners Forum
Even if they are a pop/jazz teacher if they actually can't write out a left hand line in the bass clef they are probably a pretty poor one. Any decent teacher of any style should be able to cover the bases of all the styles fairly easily. Unless this
Member Recordings
Hello Marie Digby enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on Marie Digby's nice tranquil improvisation called Snowfall in Kumamoto. Enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/3uMSujCkEhU
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Yeva, It sounds to me like you have a teacher who prefers to play from a lead sheet, rather than two-staff sheet music that is entirely written out. A lead sheet is what you get when you combine a written-out melody line with chord symbols for t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Arghhh @ 07/24/16 01:00 AM

One more day of test-driving pianos today. I think I've made it to all the major piano stores in town now. There were 4 different brands - Kawai, Hailun, Estonia, and Mason & Hamlin. Adding to my confusion on how to select the right piano was
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Bosendorfer 170, 1980 or 2010? by maple2red @ 07/24/16 12:50 AM

Hello everyone, I'm in Europe and planning to buy a Bosendorfer 170 for my daughter. I can get one made in 1980 (original excellent condition, hardly played) for €26000. Or I can get one made in 2010 (almost new condition) for €40000. Which on
Jump to new posts Re: Better DP Action for Learning? by Groove On @ 07/24/16 12:26 AM

I recommmend learning how to adjust a keyboard's light/heavy settings, and even a keyboard's global tone/character/brilliance settings. I found that this could significantly chang my perception of how a keyboard felt and performed. It also gave me a
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by ElmerJFudd @ 07/24/16 12:01 AM

Sounds like YouTube dithers down to 44.1. So who's software sounds better dithering down? Audacity or YouTube?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by outo @ 07/24/16 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By MICHAEL122A couple of these comments are noteworthy. However, only 1 of them makes attempt at answering the questions initially posed. Really wish you all could have addressed them, succinctly. There is much ado about the pur
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts The Trip - Luis Rosales Improvisation by Ese150 @ 07/23/16 11:57 PM

A small improvisation I did for my trip to Connecticut.
Jump to new posts Re: Conditioning Prior To Refinishing by Gene Nelson @ 07/23/16 11:52 PM

I recommend water based lacquer for a reason. I never use a booth. Overspray falls to the ground as a powder and you can sweep it up. You can get a China made copy of a high quality gun at harbor freight for a very reasonable price. You only need a d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by outo @ 07/23/16 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By argerichfan Alkan thrills and excites me -there is always something new to appreciate on repeated hearings- but I never hear much beneath the surface. It is very kinetic music, yet IMO, Franck probes far deeper. I wouldn't trade
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by Stephano @ 07/23/16 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddTwo schools of thought on this. You can avoid sample rate and but depth conversion if you record in the delivery format throughout your project. But some people feel if you start with a better format some of that must
Jump to new posts Re: Preparing to record, with lots of questions by ElmerJFudd @ 07/23/16 11:27 PM

Two schools of thought on this. You can avoid sample rate and but depth conversion if you record in the delivery format throughout your project. But some people feel if you start with a better format some of that must come across when you dither do
Jump to new posts Re: Conditioning Prior To Refinishing by vsi1600 @ 07/23/16 11:22 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yes I plan to refinish the plate as well. I'm no stranger to tedium, minutia, and putting things back together EXACTLY the way they came apart. Worked as an aircraft mechanic for years. The research is the hard part. If I w
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello everyone, I have a quick question about notes for the left hand. I'm a beginner and not musically talented, so I'll try my best to explain what my question/concern is about. A little background about me, I started learning the piano in the se
Jump to new posts Re: Conditioning Prior To Refinishing by Gene Nelson @ 07/23/16 11:03 PM

I just identify the existing finish and all damage that needs repair to include stripped screw holes, veneer, dings and dents etc. sound board finishes can be schellac but I've used clear water based lacquer too and there are some good ones out ther
Jump to new posts Re: Safest and effective way to clean around tuning pins by David Farley @ 07/23/16 10:17 PM

I bought one of these air blasters for cleaning film, but it's turned out to be handy for blowing dust out of the piano. (Canned air is no good - it blows a white dust into everything.) My technician told me he was probably going to get one. https:/
Jump to new posts Conditioning Prior To Refinishing by vsi1600 @ 07/23/16 10:15 PM

Hi Piano World, Long time lurker here. Just inherited an ebonized 1947 Steinway Model L that I plan to refinish prior to having it restrung and the action refurbished. Do any of you have a conditioning process that you go through prior to strippin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPIN'S WALTZ IN A MINOR by MICHAEL122 @ 07/23/16 09:58 PM

A couple of these comments are noteworthy. However, only 1 of them makes attempt at answering the questions initially posed. Really wish you all could have addressed them, succinctly. There is much ado about the pursuit of learning the piano {at
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by hreichgott @ 07/23/16 09:56 PM

I don't have many advanced students at any one time, Peter, the vast majority of my private teaching is Suzuki books 1 and 2
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by Peter K. Mose @ 07/23/16 09:52 PM

I'm just relating my long experience in the recreational piano community, AZN. When I say very few, I mean very few. Clearly your piano world differs from mine.
Page 56 of 63 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 62 63 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Digital pianos actions today vs 20+ years ago
by ZMaestro
Today at 08:06 PM
How can I improve my memory?, any tips
by rov
Today at 06:51 PM
Liszt vs Rachmaninoff
by JoelW
Today at 06:50 PM
'Fur' Elise: A Piano Monster
by twocats
Today at 05:56 PM
Wanted to buy On Stage KS7350, offered Roland KS-18Z instead
by WhatDaF
Today at 05:52 PM
Forum Stats
84,461 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,217 Topics
2,544,018 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission