Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
144 registered (ajames, 36251, accordeur, 46 invisible), 1577 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things that make me laugh by gynnis @ 12/16/14 01:17 AM

It's fine as long as the crack doesn't buzz, and other things don't happen.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Forgot the pics by Brian Lucas @ 12/16/14 01:13 AM

So glad to hear the happy ending, as you could tell from previous posts that these things often don't end well. But you seemed to get an honest donor, an ok mover and a great technician. Now it's time to start playing! Enjoy!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop for Pianoteq by gynnis @ 12/16/14 01:03 AM

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audience members in and out during performance! by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 12/16/14 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbowsAZN, or, this is the difference between a private piano teacher's studio and a music store teacher's studio! There really shouldn't be any difference if the recitals are held in school or church halls. It's just
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Theory vs. Song Playing by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 12/16/14 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: jazzpigOk, then that means my sight reading ability is zero. So was mine. Incredibly after so much training, I could barely pick out the notes laboriously one by one. Which is why I'm now so involved in the "process&quo
Jump to new posts First time digital piano buyer needs help by Covfam73 @ 12/16/14 12:33 AM

Howdy Y'all, my wife has asked me to do most of the online legwork and research for a new piano. I know nothing of pianos or music so this has been a bit of a crash course for me, my wife has played at home for 30 years on her 60 year old spinet t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning in the dry winter - raise up to 440 or leave flat? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 12/16/14 12:27 AM

This is an interesting and timely topic because it does come up often and it always evokes either one answer or the other. One answer always seems to be that one always tunes to standard pitch, regardless and that is often accompanied by "no mu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by Auntie Lynn @ 12/16/14 12:19 AM

I heard sort of a cute interview with Artur Rubenstein once. Apparently, as a young man, he would retire to his music room to practice, put on a recording and then eat chocolate covered cherries and read a naughty French novel while the recording pl
Adult Beginners Forum
This is Silent Night turned into a jazz/bossa piece. It's completely reharmonized (by me) so the chords are nowhere near the original. But the melody still fits over it. It was just a one shot try and I didn't really practice the melody so that's a b
Hi Alan, Thanks for the advice and sorry for the late reply. I'm in the US. The dealer I purchased from arranged for a technician to come out and I had been waiting for the appointment before sharing an update. It took quite a while to schedule. Th
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Erroll Garner was so great by pianolearnerstride @ 12/16/14 12:15 AM

I've been watching a bunch of Erroll Garner videos... magical player.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by pianolearnerstride @ 12/16/14 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: rintincopI had to share this with you all: "Piano Lesson Myths" http://www.soundfeelings.com/free/piano_myths.htm I especially interested in the: “Practicing piano should be an enjoyable experience.” 1.) "Rea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by jazzwee @ 12/16/14 12:13 AM

I just turned on the recorder and gave it a single try. This is a reharm (mine) of Silent Night -- Bossa/Jazz style. I was practicing for my Christmas gigs this week. Silent Night - Jazz
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by earlofmar @ 12/16/14 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: lunobiliAm I the only one who thinks that working on pieces sometimes becomes repetitive, especially when it come to the polishing phase, and excises all of a sudden become more fun because they provide some variety? Or maybe t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Explain dominant 7th, please. by currawong @ 12/16/14 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottAnd we definitely had the physical and aural "data" before having a clue about the theory.Which is how it should be.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by TwoSnowflakes @ 12/16/14 12:04 AM

This is going to sound like a distinction without a difference, but the majority of what I've been doing since I restarted is not learning how to play piano, but learning how to learn how to play piano. I don't suffer from not finding it fun or enjo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Piano Kawai K25 by VNN @ 12/16/14 12:01 AM

Hi, What is the reasonable price for a used piano Kawai K25? It's in good shape. The owner is asking for $2850, is it a fair price? Any recommendation? Thanks, --VNN
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by Chris Leslie @ 12/15/14 11:35 PM

Thank goodness. Other users should now be aware that Internet Explorer renames Java .jar files to .zip when they are downloaded. Should I say more about Microsoft's underhanded bully tactics? The workaround if using Internet Explorer is to manuall
Congrats! I will be in a similar situation this weekend when receiving my piano!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Explain dominant 7th, please. by Scordatura @ 12/15/14 11:31 PM

Thanks, Larry! Can't resist taking up the point that, regardless of whether or not anyone maintains harmony textbook authors ought to revise their definition of the dominant seventh chord in the light of however jazz/pop musicians interpret its mean
Jump to new posts Re: How should I care for piano moved in freezing cold? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 12/15/14 11:28 PM

You can always take the pianos "temperature" when it arrives by touching the casting and then touching a heavy metal piece that has been in the room all the time to judge how different they are. If the piano is really cold-follow the advice
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Here and No Idea Where to Start by Sand Tiger @ 12/15/14 11:27 PM

I started piano about 3 years ago. I came in with a long history on melody only instruments and in songwriting. I found a lot of value in music history and music appreciation. I found theory boring as all get out and for the most part avoid it wher
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by lunobili @ 12/15/14 11:19 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that working on pieces sometimes becomes repetitive, especially when it come to the polishing phase, and excises all of a sudden become more fun because they provide some variety? Or maybe there is something wrong in my
Jump to new posts Re: Action Rebuild Break-in period by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 12/15/14 11:19 PM

Great topic Jim! Thanks for posting it. I do include follow up regulation on my rebuilds in the price. I explain this when bidding. It has cost me a few jobs-because customers tell me I was the highest bidder. But it does help my reputation. But th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Game involving late Chopin by BruceD @ 12/15/14 11:08 PM

The reason that this made (makes) little sense to me is that in scenario 1, we're asked to compare a Ballade and a Scherzo; in scenario 2, the Barcarolle and the Polonaise-Fantasy, while the "winner" of scenario 2 goes on to be compared wit
Page 56 of 102 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 101 102 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need Help About Accidentals
by Batuhan
12/19/14 03:29 PM
REPOST: Freaked out by how roughly movers handled piano
by kaustin
12/19/14 03:10 PM
Upright dampers not damping much, what to look for?
by JoeThePro
12/19/14 01:26 PM
Restoration referrals needed
by Dewdman42
12/19/14 12:38 PM
Single note with a "harsh sound"
by i1lsia
12/19/14 12:23 PM
Forum Stats
77354 Members
42 Forums
159989 Topics
2349495 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission