Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time ever with an acoustic piano ! by bharatbash @ 04/17/14 11:47 PM

Thankyou everyone for their thoughts! Well, I just played the piano again( for the 2nd time ) and was pretty much able to produce the right sound this time, although couldn't really control the sound yet again. I suppose it'd take me a while. Anyw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand by Retsacnal @ 04/17/14 11:37 PM

You'll be out of school before you know it. Don't become a slave to a piano payment before that!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/17/14 11:31 PM

Norbert, Glad you found some humor. I don't get it. You do know what they say in show business don't you-"comedy is difficult--dying is easy!" And Jurgen is bored and peeved with us!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/17/14 11:27 PM

What brand piano is it? Steinways and Masons have quarter-sawn, laminated maple pin blocks and they are very durable if housed well. Older Chickerings and others had flat-sawn, laminate maple pin blocks-they don't hold up as well. Same goes for the
Jump to new posts Re: What causes 3 strings to be flat after tuning 3 on pitch? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/17/14 11:23 PM

Chris and Prout, Stroboscopic displays, (visual beats) have time dependent accuracy. When you try to compare below 1 cent, you have to observe the pattern for some time to be sure it is not moving. Hearing plus 1 cent difference is rapidly assessed b
Pianist Corner
Scores won't sell for prices like that. It just won't happen and it's a waste of time to try to make it happen. If what we are witnessing here is the start of a paradigm shift of the musical arts, you have my nod, but this just isn't something that
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand vs Roland V Piano - touch by bernpiano @ 04/17/14 11:19 PM

Dave, can you please elaborate on your sound system setup for the N1, perhaps including specific speaker models? This would be really helpful for those of us wanting to get the most pleasing sound out of this cost-effective but very nice instrument.
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by ando @ 04/17/14 11:12 PM

I'm surprised the RX5 is the same price as the Ritmuller. The RX5 is a substantially bigger piano. Maybe they are selling it cheaply to get rid of it so they can display only the new GX Kawais. I would certainly take the RX5 - especially at that pric
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by Steve Chandler @ 04/17/14 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: talfi composer But that's not what I'm selling to wealthy people. To them, I'm selling the concept of freedom which is behind my work, and the uniqueness of the handwritten score. I know a few wealthy people and I won't say the
Piano Forum
You are way too young and way too meagerly paid to buy a Steinway grand at this point in your life. If you must have a grand piano right now, there are plenty of makes of pianos that you might like and would cost less than a Steinway. Consider buyi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by cromax @ 04/17/14 11:08 PM

Hi pianoworld forum! This is my first post here, in fact I just registered myself! I'm an intermediate/advanced level student (I think :P) - i'm "playing" (trying to play :P ) pathetique sonata, liebestraume n 3 and a few chopin studies -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by keystring @ 04/17/14 11:05 PM

Brian, to the best of my memory the posts of yours that I have read have always been clear. I guess what I wrote was a reminder to all of us including myself. Meanwhile on the learner side, asking questions and more questions is the way to go. Orig
Piano Forum
Wow, I can't imagine splurging for a grand while still a student, or as a recent grad. ASSUMING all the usual college stuff; like living space, party life, the expectation that you would HOST parties because - well, OBVIOUSLY ,,,You can PLAY all nigh
Jump to new posts Re: Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....? by Grandpianoman @ 04/17/14 10:56 PM

Thanks for your reply BDB... What is the spreadsheet, is that a re-scaling? What can one expect sonically by running the scale through the spreadsheet? What would necessitate changing out the pinblock? That is a big expense, and one I was hopin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand by Minnesota Marty @ 04/17/14 10:41 PM

Stay in school. Get a degree. Get a job. Save up cash. Shop for a piano. Or, become friends with all of the crew at the Steinway dealership and park there.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Went to the store and tried out lots of DPs by 4evrBeginR @ 04/17/14 10:40 PM

Don't think the P155 is over done at all. The others are cheaper and lighter to meet a price. You should compare a DP action to a real piano and anything lighter than a P155 will also be lighter than a 6 or 7 foot grand piano, and you don't want th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand by joonsang @ 04/17/14 10:38 PM

I know getting into debt is the worst thing ever and I know first hand how much it sucks. Thankfully my slate is clean, but I keep dreaming of playing on a mighty majestic Steinway (evil laugh). Seriously, I can't think of anything else in the world
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by prout @ 04/17/14 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed FooteOriginally Posted By: 4evrBeginRJonathan Biss said in one of his lectures that when we think piano today, we think Steinway. Steinway has 88 keys. It is the same reason why every modern piano has 3 pedals. Also beyon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music for Philip Glass's etudes? by DanS @ 04/17/14 10:34 PM

Slightly off topic... Did you guys here the one about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? about Phillip Glass? ab
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart K310 fingering by prout @ 04/17/14 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: beet31425....My teacher has opened up my eyes to "ridiculous", but really wonderful fingerings, e.g. a "33" in a fast RH passage of Chopin's first scherzo.... Wherever that is (and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by Ed Foote @ 04/17/14 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: 4evrBeginRJonathan Biss said in one of his lectures that when we think piano today, we think Steinway. Steinway has 88 keys. It is the same reason why every modern piano has 3 pedals. Also beyond the current size, a bigger r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by ChopinAddict @ 04/17/14 10:27 PM

Unfortunately quite often you have to be dead in order for your work to sell for several millions... Apparently Van Gogh for example only sold 1 painting while he was alive (and not for millions!). PS: Happy Belated Birthday, TwoSnowFlakes!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by Minnesota Marty @ 04/17/14 10:24 PM

Oldsmobile liked the number, too.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart K310 fingering by Morodiene @ 04/17/14 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottOriginally Posted By: Morodieneat m. 40, the RH is playing a Quarter note on treble C and the LH then comes in a 16th note later and plays the same C and then moves down the scale. I'm having difficulty playing the C w
Page 56 of 137 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 136 137 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (alfredo capurso, Almaviva, accordeur, Akshay, 46 invisible), 1500 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153614 Topics
2251406 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner'
by Hal Freedman
04/20/14 07:14 PM
Worth buying a new digital piano as a controller?
by slickvguy
04/20/14 05:49 PM
Video clip for classical music?
by Nikolas
04/20/14 05:43 PM
Home speakers for RD700NX: need help!
by PoleStar
04/20/14 05:32 PM
stuff fell through the Kawai K8 fallboard, into the piano
by akita
04/20/14 03:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission