Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by rnaple @ 08/17/14 06:31 PM

BTW....Morodiene?... The recital is looking pretty full. I'm wondering.... Are you going to provide gifts, and snacks, and coffee cups for all of us? Well.... they did in Portugal?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Morodiene @ 08/17/14 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: currawongWow, $18 a half hour is so low, even taking differences between US and Australia into consideration. I don't think teaching from home looks unprofessional at all, but it does depend a bit on how your organise your spac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by carey @ 08/17/14 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: careyAs to why Schumann's works are programmed less frequently than works by other great composers (and aside from the inherent difficulty of some pieces), I'm wondering if his total body of wor
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by Jay Roland @ 08/17/14 06:30 PM

Your uncles initials GWILLY? Are they BW? Jay
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by patH @ 08/17/14 06:28 PM

When I was studying the piano at university (about 20 years ago), my piano teacher suggested Schumann, and among others the Davidsbündlertänze for me. However, I settled for the Arabesque at the time. But maybe now it's time for a new challenge. Wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by patH @ 08/17/14 06:24 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possib
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by rnaple @ 08/17/14 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene I'll open up the others in case someone wants to jump in and do the rest. I'd like to reserve all the rest of them for peter.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by malkin @ 08/17/14 06:22 PM

My advice is to market your studio like crazy. With all the complaints about working for a school and the $18/half hour rate you've been quoted, there must be teachers who could rent your space. Also your former/current partner may be back in busin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Notable classical female composers? by currawong @ 08/17/14 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: KuanpianoOriginally Posted By: argerichfanOriginally Posted By: KuanpianoTwo great composers whose music I want to play: Galina Ustvolskaya Rebecca ClarkeWhat pieces in particular?A violist friend wants to do the Clarke viola so
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts How Music Affects Your Productivity by Grandpianoman @ 08/17/14 06:20 PM

Interesting article: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/235654
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Morodiene @ 08/17/14 06:18 PM

MaggieGirl: we are both on the lease, but we are both going to honor it since I don't feel like being taken to court. spanishbuddha: Unfortunately, no space on our property. We have zero lot lines, which means our property butts up against the neig
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by bennevis @ 08/17/14 06:17 PM

I believe I'm right in saying that Roland is still the only brand which has promoted its flagship digital in classical concert hall venues in several countries around the world, under exactly the same circumstances as any 'normal' classical piano rec
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by currawong @ 08/17/14 06:16 PM

Wow, $18 a half hour is so low, even taking differences between US and Australia into consideration. I don't think teaching from home looks unprofessional at all, but it does depend a bit on how your organise your space. It sounds like you'd have to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Morodiene @ 08/17/14 06:15 PM

I signed up for the WoO 31 Beethoven etudes, but I know there will be some that are just beyond me. I absolutely love this theme (from Bethoven's 7th symphony, mvt 2) and had to snatch this up, even if I can only do the easier etudes. When I'm back
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CLP Syringe with long needle by Chris Leslie @ 08/17/14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Olekthere are no usual cloth punchings, the ones are cut in two and glued on the keys, I think. SO you only can put paper on the balance rail. Issac, do you think that this might be because of taking advantage of decreasing do
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Morodiene @ 08/17/14 06:13 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possib
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by Morodiene @ 08/17/14 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: FarmGirlMorodiene, sorry:) Don't be! I just listened to the Etudes Variations on a theme by Beethoven WoO 31 and I'm in love! It's the theme from the 2nd movement of Beethoven's 7th, which I've always loved. Of course, some
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by FarmGirl @ 08/17/14 06:10 PM

Morodiene, sorry:)
Markmarz, I'd be curious to listen to a direct recording, taken with the internal recorder of the MP11, even if you think it sounds ok. Thanks in advance if you're able to do this. Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by Jay Roland @ 08/17/14 05:51 PM

Ok. Since there's so much speculation and misinformation flying around in this thread on the association between Roland Canada and Conservatory Canada, please allow me to have the final word on this so the conspiracy theorists can relax. We put our
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 - Index Updated by jotur @ 08/17/14 05:48 PM

Yea, Andy! Thanks for your work here. You're as good as Sam! Cathy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by TwoSnowflakes @ 08/17/14 05:41 PM

I also do not have the perception that Schumann is particularly "difficult" overall. Or that it gets short shrift in terms of programming. That being said, I don't feel he's overexposed or anything, so... What, to me, contributes most to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Recital 35 - Index Updated by Andy Platt @ 08/17/14 05:40 PM

The ABF Recital Index has been updated for Recital #35! Sorry for any delay, I am on vacation and had to find a spare hour to get it done! I haven't found time to listen to any of the recital yet. As many of you know, this is not my baby - it's the
Jump to new posts How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Mawliet @ 08/17/14 05:33 PM

I have a yamaha ypg 535 and I used to be able to just run a cord attaching the headphone jack in my keyboard to the one in my computer then I would go in audacity and select "microphone VIA high definition audio" as the mic and play the rec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: difficulty in sight reading left hand notes by Morodiene @ 08/17/14 05:23 PM

A lot of music has the melody in the right hand and chords in the left hand, so they get used to that kind of thing - until you are asked to do the opposite! Expose yourself to as much different kind of music as possible (this is what pedagogy is all
Page 56 of 108 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 107 108 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
86 registered (*windowlicker*, Abby Pianoman, aesop, Allard, 36251, 23 invisible), 1099 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156828 Topics
2304365 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
Today at 05:35 AM
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
Today at 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission