Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
124 registered (Anne'sson, armani, accordeur, Angela62213, AllanH, 28 invisible), 1719 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Norbert @ 04/14/15 10:24 PM

Quote:For 'Western' Europe at least, Petrof sell direct to the dealer. Quick, simple, economical, efficient and with the personal touch (just like in the good old days with Sauter and you) Or as Estonia does today... Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano Woes - Please advice by musicpassion @ 04/14/15 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By richdinosoFirst, I noticed there are cracks on the bridge - one in the mid range section and one in the treble. Do these need to get fixed? Or will the piano be just fine? For the piano to perform up to it's potential yes, the br
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Taming the Wild Spinet by That Guy @ 04/14/15 10:16 PM

That's as good as it gets (on a spinet)! It really sounded terrific. Thanks for sharing.
Piano Forum
From my experience the people taken best care of their pianos are those who have been very discriminating in their choice. The type people who play a lot of pianos before making a choice. Least are those buying a piano like a coat hanger or commodit
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK6600? by Charles Cohen @ 04/14/15 10:14 PM

Here's what I got, clicking on "Casio WK-7600 . . . " in their popup list: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Casio-WK-7600-76-Key-Portable-Keyboard-109999151-i3571547.gc Maybe a problem with their search engine ? . Charles
Jump to new posts Re: CUBASE by ElmerJFudd @ 04/14/15 10:14 PM

Yeah I know Cubase. You can PM me.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dating a Kimball Upright Piano by musicpassion @ 04/14/15 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By andoDating a Kimball piano, eh? I'd rather date a woman. I thought the same thing when I saw the thread.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on a Chickering grand by musicpassion @ 04/14/15 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By dustin44Don't have to worry about the chickering he sold it on saturday. I am going down tomorrow to look at a new Knabe he has don't know much about them be going to go check it out. Are they a good piano? The Piano Buyer (lin
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By earlofmarOriginally Posted By StubbieOriginally Posted By BrianDXMy playing abilities have progressed very nicely, farther than I would have thought a mere 12 months ago.Brian, congratulations on your one year anniversary. Perha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Site. by fizikisto @ 04/14/15 10:04 PM

soundsquire, The first edition videos only cover like the first third of the book. And the new volumes (and videos) for the new edition are possibly months away. It's an unfortunate situation if you're trying to learn from the method without a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoTastings Episode 9 - The Piano Buyer by terminaldegree @ 04/14/15 10:04 PM

Thanks for watching this episode - sorry, for some reason I forgot to take my glasses off…pardon the glare! Also, I haven't taken enough (and by that, I mean, any) diction, so my apologies if I "swallowed" a bit of what I was saying. Ri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How well do most people take care of their pianos? by musicpassion @ 04/14/15 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By ZBGM0I really believe stable RH is the key. Most people report that piano is completely out of tune after a year, most likely because of the RH swings Based on some of the responses here I think many people live in a climate that
Jump to new posts CUBASE by Amateur Jerry @ 04/14/15 09:48 PM

Hi, Does anybody have experience using CUBASE? I purchased a Steinberg UR-12 to run with Pianoteq. CUBASE LE AI 7 came bundled with it. I loaded CUBASE and all the screens come up and everything seems right according to the videos. For practice, I h
Jump to new posts Re: Help With A Piano by Kénan @ 04/14/15 09:48 PM

@Morodiene Well, the place that I want to buy it in is Bosnia & Herzegovina, which has limited options on instruments. Casio over there is not available @TonyB Thats the website that I want to buy it from xD. So, in comparison is it better or w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Site. by soundsquire @ 04/14/15 09:44 PM

A Fundamental Keys newbie question. Get the first edition complete or buy book 1 of incomplete second edition? 14.99 for the first edition 68.77 for all the videos 14.99 x3 for the second edition ? price for second edition videos? I have no issue
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can't Avoid Hand Pain by jdw @ 04/14/15 09:35 PM

I'm glad if you're seeing some improvement--let us know how it goes.
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Disklavier Add USB Drive by carlspost @ 04/14/15 09:28 PM

HI There, I have a C7 Disklavier with two modules DSR1 and a DKC100R. Both of them lack a USB drive and to avoid all the problems faced by copying files to floppy etc I wanted to know if there is a way to swap the floppy drive to USB or install a sep
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got a Yamaha P-105...now what? by soundsquire @ 04/14/15 09:20 PM

fizikisto, That is a great question. I think I would like to have a much better understanding of music theory. I would love to study classical music and also jazz improv. My music education/experience is fair. I played Trumpet in the band through j
Pianist Corner
Excellent explanation. The same goes for shaping a phrase rhythmically, ie, the great players never accent the obvious downbeat. Instead the note off the beat is given a little more emphasis. The ear will naturally add an accent on the downbeat.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Symphony cancels Valentina Lisitsa by johnlewisgrant @ 04/14/15 09:19 PM

I missed both those concerts. Lewis: I have some of his Beethoven.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is this called and when should it be used? by hreichgott @ 04/14/15 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusFor me, one of the things that distinguishes the greatest pianists from lesser ones is the way they shape a melody. They do it more "beautifully" or "meaningfully". One technique that is used with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianistic Irony by malkin @ 04/14/15 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI have uploaded this elsewhere but I think it makes my take on it all pretty clear: We could play a game of internet jumping to wildly inaccurate conclusions!: Obviously (because of the color of his shirt), Phill
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK6600? by Scott Hamlin @ 04/14/15 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenPetes1 "Guitar Center" (which has both online & brick-and-mortar stores) has the full Yamaha line, but not the Casio "WK" series. ??? The Guitar Center carries the full WK Series: h
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Alexo1005 The relaxed position seems great and natural. Do you think that, that applies to very fast passages in chords or octaves also?, because I have seen Lang Lang lift his unused fingers very
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ 04/14/15 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By StubbieOriginally Posted By BrianDXMy playing abilities have progressed very nicely, farther than I would have thought a mere 12 months ago.Brian, congratulations on your one year anniversary. Perhaps one of the things one learn
Page 56 of 90 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 89 90 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help treating my room & worried about hearing damage!
by Markarian
34 minutes 52 seconds ago
Group lessons
by Angela62213
46 minutes 25 seconds ago
Book You Helped With is Free Today
by TromboneAl
Today at 09:55 AM
New Casio Privia PX-160
by fizikisto
Today at 09:17 AM
What piano keyboard controller is this?
by toddy
Today at 05:53 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,353 Topics
2,397,547 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission