Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (Albunea, AndrewJCW, Al LaPorte, Benvolio, angga888, 16 invisible), 951 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I have never been able to tune a good temperament in one pass (without corrections and refinements). After hearing at your recordings I am reassured that you are not able to do that neither. And I am not being hostile but objective. Your unisons a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By pianoloverus Didn't Horowitz at least play the changes for Rach before he performed the changes in concert? Horowitz rarely ever asked any (living) composer's permission before he made changes to t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Yamaha C3 from eBay ($15,000) vs C2X ($27,000) by pianoMom2006 @ 07/29/15 10:35 PM

I agree with Rick, Ebay can be a great source but I'd look for pianos within driving distance - 200 miles. I saved a small fortune by buying our piano secondhand but it took 6 months to find the right one. The savings were worth the effort. There wer
Jump to new posts Re: RPT's in Bay Area? by Anne Francis @ 07/29/15 10:34 PM

Thanks Gene. (Are these all people you know and could recommend, or did they come off the PTG site?) Anne
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by Charles Cohen @ 07/29/15 10:31 PM

Check the Pianoteq users' forum. There are a surprising number of people using the PX-150 to drive it. If you have a suitable computer and speakers (or headphones), I suspect a PX-150 plus Pianoteq is the most "piano sound and touch per dollar
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK 7600 CTK 7200 by Randyman @ 07/29/15 10:29 PM

I'm confident that at its price point of $450 US' there's nothing that compares to the wk 7600 for keybed, built in speakers and quality of sounds. AND, it has quite a few features. But in terms of an editor I think it'd be more worthwhile putting
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/29/15 10:28 PM

I don't understand. If you tune a barely narrow 6:3, F3G#3 = B3D#4. You set up the m3/M3 relationship based on the size of the octave. And the best sounding octave (here I am only discussing A3A4 and F3F4, but will assume similar spread up to B3B4
Pianist Corner
To define a word like "music" one certainly does not need a music dictionary. Standard dictionaries are fine for non technical terms. They all seem include the sheet music for a piece as one of the definitions of music. From what people h
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano by Charles Cohen @ 07/29/15 10:17 PM

The PX-350 will do what you want. It has a full "General MIDI" set of voices, auto-accompaniment, drum patterns, etc. The built-in audio recorder works OK. The loudspeakers are comparable to other DP's in its price range. The connectivi
Adult Beginners Forum
I do remember my kid played an easy piece when she was younger, The Maiden's Waltz I think. If I remember correctly five octaves would be enough. However, it be more simple than what you're lookin to play.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by Rickster @ 07/29/15 10:12 PM

For $200 I don't see how you could go wrong, unless you hurt your back moving the piano yourself. That's pretty much a give-a-way price in my book. Good luck, and keep us informed!! Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By outoI'm afraid it's difficult. Chopin without pedal would be quite dry and there are very few easy pieces by Chopin anyway... Yes ... I was going to question whether "Chopin" and "Easy&qu
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.12 software update by Kawai James @ 07/29/15 09:48 PM

Hello 9190, thank you for your feedback. Originally Posted By 9190But why there are no anymore news updates on http://www.kawai-global.com web-site in the bottom of the page (Product News & Information for Customers)? We are currently working o
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano by Some Pianist @ 07/29/15 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscott PX5S does not have the internal speakers you want, or a metronome. It is a bit better than the PX350 as a piano, though. Then the PX-5S is out and the PX350 is the prime candidate right now. Does anyone have another
Adult Beginners Forum
Cameron Strang's annual compensation package would almost pay for what Warner/Chappell shook down users of the tune last year. Wonder how his appetite was for supper tonight.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identificationn by musicpassion @ 07/29/15 09:30 PM

And welcome to the forum! BTW some people (on this forum) have piano reference books which will list the year and manufacturer. I don't have one of those, but probably someone will chime in who does.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP10 (v1.07) & MP6 (v1.13) software updates by Kawai James @ 07/29/15 09:29 PM

CyberGene, well spotted! To answer your question, yes, the v1.16 update incorporates some of the MP10/MP6 changes listed above. I opted not to announce the update here, as I knew another ES7 update would be following shortly (early next month) whic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by musicpassion @ 07/29/15 09:28 PM

You don't mention condition, and condition is critically important. I have played some of the Korean made models that I thought were succesful as an entry level piano. I even played one which had enjoyed significant attention from a high-end techic
Pianist Corner
Try "score" in Grove (1980), other terms for printed music, notation, engraving, editions. The Harvard Dictionary (2nd ed.) gives Greek derivation of "music," not what we're after.
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano by anotherscott @ 07/29/15 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By Some PianistLooking at digital pianos from Casio in my price range I find Casio Privia PX-350 and Casio Privia PX-5S, would one of these be a good choice? PX5S does not have the internal speakers you want, or a metronome. It
Jump to new posts Re: CA 67 is here but I have a question by Kawai James @ 07/29/15 09:18 PM

Thank you EPW. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by Kawai James @ 07/29/15 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibDon't know where the OP is located, but I like the demo-ing selection at Sam Ash in NYC. They usually have the Kawai digitals on the floor, and I've never seen them at the local Guitar Center. Please note that chain ret
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pianoteq Ever Get Discounted? by thatdude @ 07/29/15 09:05 PM

Thanks a lot for the helpful tips for a beginner like me I did found out the problem originates from the velocity settings, I used a setting designated for the casio privia and it sounds better on my PX 850. Still, the mellowish sound I am looking f
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOnly on internet forums do people discuss/argue about usage like the above. In real life one would risk getting punched in the face for being so pedantic. The words "music, sheet mus
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPT So, for octaves that sound best as a wide 4:2/narrow 6:3, i.e. the spread is too much to warrant a pure 4:2/pure 6:3, i.e. we can hear the difference, then the barely narrow 6:3 sets up the F3G#3 = B3D#4 equali
Page 56 of 91 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 90 91 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Master's Degree Audition Program
by DonaldLee
08/03/15 04:18 AM
Henle Music Scores Photo Competition
by Piano Valentine
08/03/15 03:32 AM
Blues Piano Listening Suggestions Please (no vocals)
by tangleweeds
08/03/15 01:43 AM
Hot Stuff CA Glue Should Come as Single Use Tubes....
by Musicdude
08/02/15 10:26 PM
Homeless guy plays piano...
by Retsacnal
08/02/15 10:11 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,235 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,951 Topics
2,432,439 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission