Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
134 registered (anamnesis, 36251, AmateurBob, aceydawg, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1504 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ...........making strange noises??? by Michael Sayers @ 11/23/14 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTOriginally Posted By: Tim SullivanUh...12 year old thread! Indeed. I wonder what is going on here unless it is an attempt to show that the good old days when the "real" techs were on here (but who ha
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by keystring @ 11/23/14 09:16 PM

Jonathan, I have a digital piano, and for this part "overplaying the key depth" I can see it because we don't really have a choice. Most digitals are set up in such a way that the sensors only register when the key is pressed almost down -
Jump to new posts Re: You can tune a piano, but you can't... by christinabettis @ 11/23/14 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric Gloo...tuna-noodle casserole. lmfao!!!!
Yes, you need the brass hardware in there! Best to take a micrometer measurement It would be very easy for a local welding shop or machine shop to make you replacement parts based on the cheekblocks, and a micrometer measurement of the width of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Oongawa @ 11/23/14 09:10 PM

I'm following the same struggle. I've been playing classical for a while and now trying to learn to play from a lead sheet. It is very hard for me to figure out what to play if it isn't written on the page. I can play the melody with the right han
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my struggle to learn pop piano by Morodiene @ 11/23/14 09:10 PM

Like everything, it starts with baby steps, and lots of them. Playing in other styles is actually rather easy and more ear-oriented than Bach. Bach is harder, for sure, but since you are not familiar with playing in other styles, Bach is more "c
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV-1 by Mind Flayer @ 11/23/14 09:05 PM

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it, hopefully picking it up tomorrow or Tuesday. Another reason I decided to go with it is b/c it sounds like they have a great user community and excellent customer support.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by petes1 @ 11/23/14 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonRD800 owners, any of you experience a slight static-pop when layering more than two voices. It's very subtle but I notice with headphones. I noticed this a while back. Again very slight but it's a bit annoying
Jump to new posts Re: ...........making strange noises??? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 11/23/14 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Tim SullivanUh...12 year old thread! Indeed. I wonder what is going on here unless it is an attempt to show that the good old days when the "real" techs were on here (but who have since left in droves) were not much
Jump to new posts Re: "Fully Tempered Duplex Scale" Tech article coming March by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/23/14 08:58 PM

For those who have doubts that longitudinal modes affect treble tone I have a very recent quote from Richard Dain of Hurstwood Studios regarding the bridge agraffes on the Phoenix Piano. The quote was provided by MiguelAngel07 who PM'd me citing what
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts my struggle to learn pop piano by carojm36 @ 11/23/14 08:51 PM

Hi, I've been lurking a couple years now. At 65 I took up piano, again, for the umpteenth time. I never had lessons as a kid but have known basic chords and inversions since I was a teen. But I never learned to just play melody and accompany with
Pianist Corner
DaveInJapan - I had the good fortune to perform both of these sonatas. For the No. 1 in F minor, I used the Schirmer edition edited by Eric Simon For the No. 2 in E Flat Major I used the Carl Fischer edition. Both were perfectly fine - and finger
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ 11/23/14 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXMy AOTW is pretty simple. I got through both of my live performances today, in fairly decent shape. The first one went well with only one minor mistake. However, my duet with my teacher was nerve-racking. My hands were
Jump to new posts Re: hard to believe, but it happened!! by Tim Sullivan @ 11/23/14 08:34 PM

Uh..13 year old thread.
Jump to new posts Re: ...........making strange noises??? by Tim Sullivan @ 11/23/14 08:32 PM

Uh...12 year old thread!
Jump to new posts Re: Friction in actions by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/23/14 08:32 PM

It is very clever but when I see that the hammer has two centers that must have some side play to assure proper freedom of movement-I think the tone would be difficult to get absolutely perfect. The hammer would have too much side wobble and side spa
Jump to new posts Re: ...........making strange noises??? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/23/14 08:28 PM

I think you are hearing the plastic dowel that connects the key to the whippen. Have your tech use a teflon lubricant. DO NOT USE OIL OR GRAPHITE! PLEASE!!! It will make things look dirty and can even make things worse.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai by musicpassion @ 11/23/14 08:27 PM

Those are all excellent pianos and any choice among those would be fine. It does come down to personal preference. Price... Of course price on a used piano is all about condition, but if the Steinway is a run of the mill, average use, 20 year old
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by jim ialeggio @ 11/23/14 08:27 PM

Actually 7mm@88 where the strike point is about 3mm, hits the capo. You sure about this??? JI
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P250 by fizikisto @ 11/23/14 08:25 PM

mind flayer, it's a good board, hope you really enjoy it!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Odd Baldwin by Retsacnal @ 11/23/14 08:24 PM

I have an old Baldwin Service Manual that I ordered off Amazon.com, and it lists the following in one section: Quote:Removal of the Style 201, 202, 203 Baldwin Grand music shelf: Raise the lid and support it on the prop. Remove the 3/4" #10 r
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/23/14 08:23 PM

When my LightHammer actions get properly broken in; the bass and tenor hammers have nice string grooves. That puts a nice FF bite in the tone. I don't like the sound of a groove any deeper than the string diameter from about note 65 to 88. Many tec
Jump to new posts Re: ...........making strange noises??? by christinabettis @ 11/23/14 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: PNO2NERHi Larry: I'm afraid one would have to know a lot more information before hazarding a guess as to the source of the noise in your piano. Vertical or Grand? Is the noise only on certain notes? Can you give a better des
Jump to new posts Re: hard to believe, but it happened!! by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/23/14 08:15 PM

What you describe sounds to me like a plain wire string broke.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by 8 Octaves @ 11/23/14 08:13 PM

Good going on the recital. It's not at all the same thing when you don't get to reach over, stop the recording, and start again, is it? You should be proud. The whole anxiety thing is very annoying and very real. Adrenaline does not seem to imp
Page 56 of 107 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 106 107 >
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano evening at my teachers house
by Peter071
11/27/14 10:04 AM
Freelance collaborative pianist - money issues
by MiguelSousa
11/27/14 10:02 AM
Help for this student.... Notes!
by IPlayPiano
11/27/14 09:44 AM
Free collection of intermediate to very advanced Xmas music
by pianoloverus
11/27/14 09:39 AM
Some observations about digital piano
by TonyB
11/27/14 09:36 AM
Forum Stats
77067 Members
42 Forums
159396 Topics
2341465 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission