Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (AprilE, agraffe, Amosdoll, accordeur, AndyP, AZ_Astro, 14 invisible), 1857 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP12 by Doug M. @ 02/22/17 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By GombessaIMHO Kawai problems as reported here are in line with Kawai "over-representation" on PW generally. Hopefully problems don't arise in the first place but if they do, they should be promptly rectified, and should
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Baldwin hitch pins by P3T3R @ 02/22/17 12:19 PM

Does anyone know when the started with the vertical (accu-hitch) pins? The serial number for a Balwin M that I was given works out to 1941, yet two other more recent model Ms have regular angled pins. If I add a 1 to the start of the number it mak
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ 02/22/17 12:13 PM

Barbaram, - that is indeed a great feeling. My ATOW is not exactly week-specific - just that at my latest lesson it hit me that for the past month or so, at EVERY lesson, my teacher has been saying "good", "that's improved", &quo
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By pianoloverus[quote=WilliamTruitt] Why do some makers set the MSRP up to around 50% higher than the SMP while other makers have much a much smaller difference between MSRP and SMP? I would guess that the manufacturers don't know
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings! by Maik @ 02/22/17 12:09 PM

Many thanks, Montuna! I will check out Alfred as well. Their site is http://alfredsbasicpiano.com right? What is this method posts and books you are talking about? Which one should I take? http://alfredsbasicpiano.com/collections/alfreds-basic-adult
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ 02/22/17 12:08 PM

You know the way our progress is not linear. Sometimes it can feel really glacial, and then we experience a bit of a breakthrough. It's subjective of course, but my AOTW is that feeling that a number of things have come together, and that I have actu
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by TimR @ 02/22/17 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottIt's all about balance. Finding the right activities, and the right amount of activities, for that kid. Well..............but I had another thought. Those who become really successful at anything - piano, Olympic s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: U1 from 1975 by gnuboi @ 02/22/17 11:59 AM

Quote:I went to try it, and I like it/want it but the price is a bit higher than I've seen similar pieces go for, and I'm seriously pushing my budget here. Pass, for now. You could buy a new or newer piano... maybe a 45"?
I'm putting my trust in Roland and what various dealers have told me about the 607 i.e. That it sounds great! Some seem to prefer it over the LX17, others not. But perhaps more importantly both models seem well received in their own right. My expec
WeOriginally Posted By CalmandoSustain is not Expression. Expression is a variable modulation source, like the mod wheel, but it's usually controlled by a continuous pedal, and often linked to volume in the software. Sustain is a switch. It's either
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by Peter K. Mose @ 02/22/17 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By Theory GrlShe enjoyed it and eventually reached a late elementary level. She was very frustrated in the beginning, but that wore off after a couple of lessons when she realized she was making a little progress. This was written
Its best not to look back then ^^ Oh I am sure it wont sound any less than what its worth.. I've read some comments on other digital grands that people preferred the better endowed upright models over the smaller grands because the sound of the sma
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by Whizbang @ 02/22/17 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By The MonkeysHis new assignment was Maple Leaf Rag, and he said it was the best music he had every played! :thumbs up: If he needs any other recommendations for great ragtime and early jazz pieces to study, send me a private mess
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by Bambers @ 02/22/17 11:25 AM

There's two elements to the 'heaviness' which confuses this slightly. The static element, which is (apparently) quite high on the 535 will mostly be felt during soft playing. The second element is the overall inertia in the keys which is largely det
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai UST-7 vs UST-9 by anninkc @ 02/22/17 11:18 AM

Thanks, Jolly. I guess you could call dry, freezing winters switching to very humid, hot summers adverse conditions! Lots of weather swings in the MidWest.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By WilliamTruittI used to be a piano dealer, so I will offer some comments. MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. As the name suggests, the manufacturer sets the MSRP, not the dealer. The floor price offered by
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Collecting learned pieces in one book/folder by bSharp[C]yclist @ 02/22/17 11:15 AM

I like to use a 3 ring binder. Ideally, photocopy the original and do the markups (penciling finger numbers, etc) on it and leave the original as is. I try not to do too much marking up in the books I have, but my teacher likes to. It's all in pencil
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by keystring @ 02/22/17 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By SaranoyaI think my point still stands. It's not (necessarily) 'feast or famine'. A middle ground exists. I totally agree. By giving one extreme to oppose the extreme that this thread started with, I tried to draw attention to
In your place I would talk the the dealer and purchased the CA67 with discount, if possible.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By RwingguyI've noticed that on pianobuyer.com, they give MSRP and suggested retail prices on all pianos. But I would like to have an idea of approximately how much a typical U.S. buyer really pays for a new premium European piano t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by sempianist @ 02/22/17 11:06 AM

Dear SwissMS, Please add me to the list of MOYD2017 partecipants also for this year. Thanks a lot...and kindest regards. Semih
Piano Forum
Thanks. So it seems that my target range may be about right. Perhaps not for the Fazioli in Vancouver though!!
Originally Posted By GossOh nice to hear Peakski So you took the plunge huh ^^ Just out of curiosity, how did the comparison between the LX17 and the GP-607 fare or did you not have the opportunity to do so? Thanks Goss. I'm afraid I didn't get
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By RwingguyI've noticed that on pianobuyer.com, they give MSRP and suggested retail prices on all pianos. Not exactly. The PB gives MSRP and SMP and then says that pianos generally sell for a 10-30% discount from SMP. SMP means sugg
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Collecting learned pieces in one book/folder by RVDowning @ 02/22/17 10:54 AM

I've learned a few pieces, but they are in various music books. It is a nuisance to have to dig though the books to find them. I was thinking of photocopying the pieces and then sticking them in some kind of loose leaf binder in clear plastic sleev
Page 56 of 86 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 85 86 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Career Academy -diary for Russian Method online course
by Richrf
02/26/17 11:12 PM
Making Lemonade. (Practice while an injury heals)
by Oongawa
02/26/17 09:57 PM
Another recital story
by sara elizabeth
02/26/17 09:15 PM
carpet saver
by David Farley
02/26/17 05:16 PM
George Steck Price?? Help me please
by Carmen92
02/26/17 05:05 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,812 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,738 Topics
2,602,156 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission