Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
174 registered (alfredo capurso, accordeur, ajames, 48 invisible), 1865 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Understanding sustain by Ryanhd @ 01/26/15 02:59 PM

Hello. I'd say I'm getting into intermediate playing level, but I'm very much a beginner in all things theory and as testament to that there's something very simple that's bothering me. Simply put, I have a Digital Keyboard Yamaha PSR E343 and I don'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Truecrypt's take on Chopin's Barcarolle by Hakki @ 01/26/15 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: Chris Warren.....the timing - it was right on the edge in the Meno mosso section, but I realised it was very effectively creating an analogy with a heartbeat..... Thanks for putting it that way. I'd n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price check on Aisle 4 by Steve Cohen @ 01/26/15 02:57 PM

Practice rail being shot gives me pause. HAVE A TECH EXAMINE THIS PIANO BEFORE PURCHASE. In good condition I estimate $2300-$2800. I'd offer them $2000 and see that happens.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: Brian K.Ugh...I didn't think this would be so complicated!! If I read this correctly, you try to record your piano playing using your iPad camera and a condenser mic for taking up the piano sound? That's complicated, because t
Jump to new posts Re: The new VAX MIDI Keyboard Controller by sullivang @ 01/26/15 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: doremi As to liking bass or similar, that could be addressed with sound design/settings rather than keyboard design. I just want the notes - I often play those notes separately, despite the fact I mentioned octave doubling. W
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Bob @ 01/26/15 02:49 PM

The advantage to strip mute is ease of fixing errors and I find it saves time over moving mutes, especially when string alignment is poor in spinets, but tuning each unison as you go is more stable, and further, starting from bass and ending up in t
Piano Forum
Thanks for supporting my point without knowing. The carbon fiber (or ABS) action was a perfect example of demand and supply from an economical point of view. But still for higher end concert grands that is still not an economical demand hence Kawai
Originally Posted By: Pete14If they threw a speaker grill on top, it would be fine aesthetically; though still quite heavy. In my opinion a potential ES11 wouldn't need a heavy wooden action, the VPC1 already serves this niche quite well. An upgrad
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Getting plenty of enzymes in many consecutive slices of pizza
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Hakki Did any of you remember demanding a piano with a carbon fiber board? ... At least in these forums I have not seen any members demanding such a piano for the past ten years. I don't think I agree. There has been quite
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusPolyphonist's comments are very often arrogant and rude in the extreme. I remind you there is an 'ignore' feature. Its like a breath of fresh air
Del, I have posted a small album of pics of the Broadwood upright with bridge agraffes on my facebook business Page, at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.797258013672861.1073741875.244714395593895&type=3
Jump to new posts Re: The new VAX MIDI Keyboard Controller by ClsscLib @ 01/26/15 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: dewster ...I see an option to "Leave a comment (for backers only)". So they need to see the money before one can request info? I sent a question in using the link by the FAQs, and I got a detailed response by email
Quote:It does seem to use some type of bridge agrafe but then those have been around for over a hundred years now. ddf ___ I tuned a Broadwood upright a couple of years back that was of heavy contruction and had bridge agraffes. I will try and find
Jump to new posts External Sound Card by ItalianSnow @ 01/26/15 02:12 PM

Hello! I'm sorry if this situation was already discussed here. And I hope you can give me useful advice. I have one piano (yamaha p-35) pretty simple. Also I have Macbook pro (2011) with built-in audiocard (of course) and another PC. I want to reco
Quote:Dear David, Sorry I cannot agree. i have heard too many recordings of pianos that I thought sounded great only to find that in person they didn't sound near as good as the recording. I think maybe we're slightly at cross purposes, and that I a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refinish an Ancient Ornate Steinway or Not? by Jean Claude @ 01/26/15 02:07 PM

Using alcohol to clean the surface is tricky as you can pull the polish, better to use alcohol and linseed oil mixed starting at about 1/2 and increasing the alcohol content if necessary. Use very fine wire wool to apply the mixture. Wear latex glo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The New New York Steinway store by Moonsh1ne @ 01/26/15 02:06 PM

I stopped by the old Steinway hall before Christmas. They had a huge selection across different multiple rooms, and I hung out and played (unsupervised!) for a good hour until finally the cleaning personnel asked me if someone was helping me (they
The ES6 has a total of 4 tweeters and 2 oval woofers. I liked the console sound of the on board speaker system in the 6. I don't have personal experience with the 7's sound, which has a total of 2 speakers.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Truecrypt's take on Chopin's Barcarolle by Mark_C @ 01/26/15 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Warren.....the timing - it was right on the edge in the Meno mosso section, but I realised it was very effectively creating an analogy with a heartbeat..... Thanks for putting it that way. I'd never heard that before. It m
Piano Forum
Demand and supply curve is the real thing rules the economy. Did any of you remember demanding a piano with a carbon fiber board? If any, how many do you think that would be? At least in these forums I have not seen any members demanding such a p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price check on Aisle 4 by Jolly @ 01/26/15 01:58 PM

Private party.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to look for in a new teacher? by ClsscLib @ 01/26/15 01:57 PM

I have the same problem, and I'm trying to work on it. My first step was playing scales without looking at the keys at all. So THAT's what the far wall looks like!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Walter Piano--Should I consider it? by Jean Claude @ 01/26/15 01:56 PM

I have never seen a Walter piano, but I would guess that the legs are purely decorative. If you remove them and get a plain stool with a proper padded top the styling problem pretty much disappears.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The New New York Steinway store by ClsscLib @ 01/26/15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob SnyderHello everyone - First, I want to apologize to WiseBuff for this experience... it certainly does not reflect who we are, or what we do... I am sorry! Secondly, please understand that we are in the midst of a major tr
Page 56 of 116 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe?
by mycnyc
27 minutes 4 seconds ago
Your favorite punch or method
by accordeur
Today at 04:58 PM
Roland Sound Canvas
by David Farley
Today at 04:52 PM
Critique my posture (pics)
by DeadPoets
Today at 04:31 PM
Calling teachers - Critique my posture (pics)
by DeadPoets
Today at 04:30 PM
Forum Stats
77915 Members
42 Forums
161040 Topics
2365629 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission