Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
84 registered (beet31425, AndrewJCW, anotherscott, Bill810, 24 invisible), 1078 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem reading one area in bass clef by Isabelle1949 @ 06/30/15 10:19 AM

Pianogirl, thanks. I will check that out.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By Jake JacksonI would vote for returning to the original parameters available in synths. Manufacturers have often greatly simplified the original options available in synths, and have simplified them still
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which piece describes your mood now? by Nikolas @ 06/30/15 10:17 AM

Greece is dying a painful death. My wife's away for the past three years. My mother in law, father in law, aunt in law, father all went through cancer (all are still alive, thank gawd), my mother fell and broke her knee (Aged 81)... You really don't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to music - overwhelmed by Isabelle1949 @ 06/30/15 10:16 AM

Vetticus, glad to hear you have returned to the piano. I returned about four weeks ago after an 11 year leave of absence. I had quite a number of pieces in my repertoire that seem to have been erased from the music database in my brain. I would liv
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts buying advice needed by oceandeep @ 06/30/15 10:08 AM

Dear all, need your advice on buying a 2nd piano for my 5-year old daughter. Found 2 offers online, one is Kawai CE-7, about 30 years old selling at about $700, the other is China made brand perl river up121s EP model, 2 years old asking $1600; bot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem reading one area in bass clef by PianogrlNW @ 06/30/15 10:07 AM

I sometimes misread notes that are 2 and 3 lines above and below the treble and bass clefs. I found a useful app (called Music Theory) for my smart phone that quizzes you on single notes, intervals, chords and scales. The repetition has helped me in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by Greener @ 06/30/15 10:07 AM

Nice work, Sor and Welcome. It is not surprising to me that you would arrive at playing material at this advanced level, faster by a rote learning approach as you would a more conventional approach of simultaneously advancing your reading to the s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which piece describes your mood now? by Albunea @ 06/30/15 10:05 AM

That video is blocked in my country because of some SME thing of copyright. But if it is what I see up in the video, this is the same: It's not my type of music…don't know if I'll ever get used to that style.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem reading one area in bass clef by Isabelle1949 @ 06/30/15 10:05 AM

Thanks to everyone for posting. I don't feel like a dumb you know what now. Computer downloaded and printed scores is a problem too because it is often so small or tightly printed. This can also be a problem with regular manuscripts. Makes me think
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 06/30/15 10:04 AM

Starting in one hour!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by tbonesays @ 06/30/15 09:59 AM

Sorry Farmgirl, does soaking your thumb in hot water help? My aotw was trying an E major scale without any reference. I guessed every note correctly the first time. Perhaps I am developing a musical ear.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by WhoDwaldi @ 06/30/15 09:53 AM

Hugh Sung owns AirTurn, a bluetooth page-turn pedal. So, the iPad Pro isn't a myth? I have an iPad2, still going. Good for score study (following score while listening to recordings), too small for actually playing from.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By CarbonblobI would never post what I paid but I'm sure glad others do! Point being, information is power. I wanted to know a decent selling price for this model and found my answer, right here. Since that time, other soon to be RX
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to music - overwhelmed by Albunea @ 06/30/15 09:49 AM

Hello Vetticus Start thinking of a song to prepare for the American Songs in september. I am a newbie at the piano so can't tell you anything else.
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DeadPoets @ 06/30/15 09:49 AM

Houston, Texas
How much are you willing to spend? The low- and medium-priced pianos will not meet your second requirement: good (great) sound/speakers. Of your six requirements, you can answer five by yourself just by trying pianos at a dealer's shop. Indeed, that
Kross 61 key portable fun, PX150 88 keybed is fine for me using Pianoteq.
Originally Posted By Hendrik42Any idea about the budget? Forgot to provide that, though I had it in mind: approximately $1,000. Though I would be happy to spend a few hundred less, and would only spend more if I'm blown away with something that in
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by anotherscott @ 06/30/15 09:26 AM

Yes, I'm among those who thinks tha action of the FP-4 was better than the 4F. And I might have one to sell, too... where are you located?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By beebossOriginally Posted By bennevis You are projecting the typical jazz improv to classical composition. My linked was to improvisations by Messiaen! You use Messaien because his piano music is often a series of chords - li
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by David Boyce @ 06/30/15 09:09 AM

Well said, Mr Bremmer. And it would probably have been an ambition of many ragtime musicians/composers, to hear their music on a beautifully tuned and regulated concert grand. Try William Albright's recording of Joplin's "Augustan Club Waltz&q
Jump to new posts Re: m3/M3 test by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 06/30/15 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By GadzarI mean: if you want to talk about your sequence, why don't you open a thread about it? That is what I suggested to him, Rafael.
Jump to new posts Re: meantone temperament by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 06/30/15 09:07 AM

A local colleague of mine frequently hosts salon concerts where the piano is almost always tuned in 1/7 Comma Meantone. I have heard any number of artists play Romantic era pieces in the keys which are supposedly unusable or at least, "too hars
Any idea about the budget?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem reading one area in bass clef by keystring @ 06/30/15 09:06 AM

I had a couple of discussions about reading recently. One thing that came up was the fact that traditionally the way we learn to read is oriented to C. And guess where the "one area in the bass clef" is - around C. We sort of manage to g
Page 56 of 94 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MODEL MX100B
by JJC
07/03/15 10:29 PM
Buying new Dp Help - Yamaha ydp s52
by TigerPaws
07/03/15 06:29 PM
Why do high-end Casio pianos have less tones than low end?
by FrankCox
07/03/15 05:53 PM
beware of what before buying an antique Lindeman baby grand?
by Lucylu
07/03/15 05:28 PM
Re-learning musc
by Isabelle1949
07/03/15 05:24 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,278 Topics
2,423,770 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission