Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
62 registered (AZ_Astro, AprilE, ando, agraffe, 14 invisible), 1662 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I've actually had some experience working on my Disklavier piano, which I've owned, along with other Yamaha pianos, for many years. I am an electrical engineer and the last repair I performed on my MX100II was replacing the LCD display. It is unfor
Thank you for your reply. The Yamaha Disklavier MX100II is indeed a "real" piano with vibrating strings. I do believe this is the correct forum for this post as there have been others relating to Yamaha Disklavier models here.
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by terminaldegree @ 12/04/16 10:35 AM

Just Steven, How many pianos have you imported to the US since the new regulations?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet Another Yamaha U1 vs U3 Thread by Adam107 @ 12/04/16 10:30 AM

Ok!!!
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve SenseneyNext thing he will tell us is that Santa is fake!!! Hi Steve, You'd be amazed how many people believe in legends. It is indeed a heart breaking moment when people, who were told that the piano they were purchasi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R? by terminaldegree @ 12/04/16 10:27 AM

Given that you like the touch and tone and you're going to have it inspected, I wouldn't be worried at all. I do agree the price is a little dear for a private party sale with no warranty.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by malkin @ 12/04/16 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChina...down in the mouth... This expression always makes me think of a cat shaking its head after having eaten a bird.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny Excercise by drewr @ 12/04/16 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By ThaiBlue ...... It suits me anyway. If it suits somebody, enough said for them. Likewise if it does not suit somebody else .... and if there is somebody for whom it suits to find a safe spot in the middle to look for the occas
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by Just Steven @ 12/04/16 10:17 AM

Phillip you need a heart check up to see if you in love. Who is the unlucky one?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
That's interesting. My current keyboard is a Yamaha, about 10 years old. So maybe my ears are just used to the "bright" sounding piano. The one thing I didn't mess with was the wall EQ (forgot about it). Everything seemed to be on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by malkin @ 12/04/16 10:07 AM

Are you further north than you were last year? This time of year, I put up lots of lights and light things on fire.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet Another Yamaha U1 vs U3 Thread by cphollis @ 12/04/16 09:57 AM

You'll be fine. Go buy yourself a piano!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by ThaiBlue @ 12/04/16 09:47 AM

I love the Casio GP500. I have an acoustic as well but now spend most of my time on the Casio.
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by Just Steven @ 12/04/16 09:42 AM

Get an experienced lawyer who can mow down the custom officers. So many custom officers can't read well. Their brain melted after reading a paragraph in the regulation. What they know is what they hear from others who have half cooked understanding.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Survey for a School Project by prout @ 12/04/16 09:22 AM

It occurs to me that maybe pianists are the wrong people to be asking about the sound of a piano. Based on thousands of posts on the various forums here over the years that I have read I observe the following: They think that sound is important to
Piano Forum
Thank you, I will get back to you with the required details.
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe, Theatre, & Reed
Jump to new posts Should I buy this Hammond organ clone? by sinophilia @ 12/04/16 09:17 AM

Hi, I just stumbled into a beautiful electric organ at a flea market, it's a Farfisa R250 (Italian maker). They are asking €160 for it, but I found the same model online, apparently in even better conditions, for €50 - the guy claims he is sellin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by wouter79 @ 12/04/16 09:08 AM

Did you try them already alongside a decent acoustic piano? Espeecially since you already have an acoustic?
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by Patrick Draine @ 12/04/16 08:55 AM

The exporter is smart to insist on removing the ivory -- they don't want any blowback when the piano is stuck in a US Customs warehouse and you're unhappy. As Frank wrote, use a good import agent if you're intent on doing this. Even if you think your
Thanks,BDB -- sorry for my ignorance -- I saw "diode" and "solenoids," and my eyes glazed over --
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Fall-board Applique by Bob @ 12/04/16 08:54 AM

Call Kimball Internationl in Jasper indiana 800.482.1818 Or try Decals Unlimited 651-429-4465
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by Bob @ 12/04/16 08:49 AM

Nice pictures on the third link. There are indications of moisture damage in several areas. Rust seems to be on plain wire strings and damper spoons. There are moisture stains on the bridge and soundboard. Some of the felts look too new for a 193
Piano Forum
Hi Miguel, I don't want to be misunderstood. My suggestion to ignore concert grand pianos when forming opinions of a brand (unless one is particularly looking for a concert grand) is a general one. Excluding concert grands, manufacturers are after
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, so I've been thinking about Max's cardboard fix by Maximillyan @ 12/04/16 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By Herr WeissThank you Max!! I will try your method as soon as I buy some new strings. Do you have any information on the Brazilian Tech? Dear Herr Weiss. It would be desirable to have a high-quality translation into Portugues
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Hybrid Pianos - any advice? by caseous @ 12/04/16 08:40 AM

Hi there. I have a Yamaha U3 that I've played for years and thinking about getting another piano for my studio. I feel comfortable with my understanding of what's out there with digital pianos, but hybrid pianos are new thing for me. I tried the Y
Page 56 of 66 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 65 66 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I tuned a guitar(?) today!
by Sam S
12/09/16 10:59 PM
Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8
by Joe Garfield
12/09/16 07:17 PM
good source for digital piano ratings?
by childofparadise2002
12/09/16 05:40 PM
Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection
by 7sax
12/09/16 05:22 PM
Casio Privia PX-360 - Thoughts/Opinions?
by John from KC
12/09/16 12:03 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,828 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,890 Topics
2,577,504 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission