Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
143 registered (alexii, anamnesis, 36251, ajames, alwatson, 36 invisible), 2474 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 SG2 Silent vs Kawai K300ATX II Silent by Steve Cohen @ 01/14/17 08:54 AM

If you are in the US the K-300 will be a Japanese-made instrument while, as you point out, the Yamaha is made in Indonesia, the former having a reputation for better build quality. There certainly should be a significant difference in price as the l
Piano Forum
I stand by my original post, as to new pianos, but the recommendations for used are compelling. If looking for a little "heavier" action, my personal opinion is that Kawai is generally a bit heavier than Yamaha, although feel can vary from
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I have cleaned a set of wound strings by soaking them in a solution of EDTA. They came out clean as new and sounded good. No need to replace them. They were wound with copper.
Jump to new posts Re: Verdigris in windings of bass strings. A remedy? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 01/14/17 08:41 AM

I've put a drill in a vise with a wire brush attachment and then ran the strings through, sideways, so the bristles get into the grooves.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
yes - bit confusing of Roland to not have a more distinct name for the fully modelled engine eh -_- And sampling has more realistic timbre - tonally, the modelling wins hands down ;P
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by Charles Cohen @ 01/14/17 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By KornyYes, ES110 seems like a good upgrade. The main concern would be the sound engine that seems to still be based on SAMPLING (as kawai website states:Harmonic Imaging, 88-key piano sampling) rather than MODELING engine, that ma
Yes we are =S And when considering buying second hand acoustics, that period might turn out shorter - or chosen to be avoided and as an excuse to go buy another acoustic ^^
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by SwissMS @ 01/14/17 08:02 AM

Thanks for the well wishes pianofan1017! I am thinking of taking two lessons a week between now and the exam, just to have to time to practice the oral, sight reading, and technique under pressure. The pieces will be OK, but I want to ace the other s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ego in an adult beginner by ICW @ 01/14/17 08:01 AM

Thank you Cathryn. I find your advice very helpful, actually. No unnecessary lengthening of the thread here! Be like a child. Very good....
Greetings, What many of us have done is to either dramatically loosen the string and then yank it up to pitch, or remove the string, twisting it into a coil then straightening it out, or soaking it in various treatments, ranging from alcohol to
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by Dave Horne @ 01/14/17 07:45 AM

Are we leaving out have the strings replaced every 25 years or so?
Pianist Corner
For sure Chopin etude 10/1. Each measure is basically one chord so memorization is not hard. Plus you kind of have to look at your hands to whole time, so memorization becomes a necessity.
Jump to new posts Re: Duplex Scale? by pianistje @ 01/14/17 07:15 AM

Blüthner is the only brand that uses 'aliquot' stringing , a fourth string that isn't strucked , but resonates with the other 3 strings and is tuned in unisono. Does that mean Blüthner has the richests and most sparkling highs of any grand piano ?
Originally Posted By pwlNot a bad idea - the video quality was quite poor. I would say audio quality was poor. When I was listening to piano sounds I thought: "Long time I didn't hear such a synthetic and compressed piano sound". And then
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP-101 Key weighting type? by clothearednincompo @ 01/14/17 07:02 AM

Well, I of course don't know if there actually were two separate YDP-101 models -- one with an 'S' and one without. Or if the "AE" in this case is identical to the PF80.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart's Six Viennese Sonatinas by cathryn999 @ 01/14/17 06:44 AM

I didn't enjoy them. But I know loads of people do. I've learnt a lot more Mozart since and matured rather a good number of decades .... perhaps I'll drag them out tomorrow and give 'em another spin, and let you know. But definitely, first time round
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts [Video] Liszt - Gnomenreigen by Lafi @ 01/14/17 06:41 AM

Fresh from this morning Hope you like it https://youtu.be/giMqGvsBNmc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Amazing new concert hall in Hamburg by wouter79 @ 01/14/17 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By patH Oh yes. The inauguration was 7 years after the originally scheduled date, and the building costs were 10 times the original estimate (800 millions instead of 77 millions). "Seid verschlungen, Millionen..." But fr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ego in an adult beginner by cathryn999 @ 01/14/17 06:21 AM

Hi ICW, at the risk of extending this thread longer than it should run for, and to answer your original question, YES, from my personal experience, ego can be a barrier to learning. For example, I come to this piece with a preconception of how it sou
Jump to new posts Verdigris in windings of bass strings. A remedy? by Hemloch @ 01/14/17 06:09 AM

I've searched the forum as well as I can but can't find much in the way of a reference to verdigris in wound bass strings and, more importantly, a remedy (besides replacement). Any advice on this?
Adult Beginners Forum
No. It's impossible to spoil a piece like that. I learnt pieces way about my level when I was 7, and 10, and 13. I still play them today and they are possibly *cough* not at concert level *cough* but they are in my veins, and they take me to a place
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP-101 Key weighting type? by clothearednincompo @ 01/14/17 06:04 AM

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalpianos/ydp101s/ It has the "Action Effect" keybed that was used in early Clavinovas up to late 90's or so. I think there were two generations of it, because I've also seen
Not a bad idea - the video quality was quite poor.
Ok, so the acoustic piano won't depreciate much beyond a certain point after N amount of years - it is not immortal. 50 years is a very good lifespan for one.. And over that lifespan let's say you tune it once a year, and need have some work done eve
Ok, so the acoustic piano won't depreciate much beyond a certain point after N amount of years - it is not immortal. 50 years is a very good lifespan for one.. And over that lifespan let's say you tune it once a year, and need have some work done eve
Page 56 of 95 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 94 95 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
what can be said of a 20 year old Baldwin grand?
by rotundra
01/18/17 01:59 PM
"I" and "We" Composers
by pianoloverus
01/18/17 11:42 AM
New Piano Sound
by RonaldSteinway
01/18/17 11:16 AM
The Royal Academy of Music Museum. London, UK.
by Maximillyan
01/18/17 11:13 AM
Liebestraum
by Abusu
01/18/17 09:01 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,284 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,836 Topics
2,589,586 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission