Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
111 registered (Albunea, AprilE, ajames, aeroseb, AZNpiano, 31 invisible), 1682 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Level Classic Repertoire by Daneel Olivaw @ 06/23/16 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaI have "Easy Classics to Moderns". In particular this one: https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Classics-Moderns-Music-Millions/dp/0825640172 and I have only identified one piece as about Grade 1 ("First Dance"
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you tune with Tuninglab? by HelloMrZebra @ 06/23/16 03:13 PM

So the program calculates the intervals optimum coincidental partial. So, for tuning there is no need to play A4-A3 together, you simply just hit the A3 key and make the display come to a stop. How accurate is this to aural ET tuning? Could this devi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Level Classic Repertoire by bennevis @ 06/23/16 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaI have "Easy Classics to Moderns". In particular this one: https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Classics-Moderns-Music-Millions/dp/0825640172 and I have only identified one piece as about Grade 1 ("First Dance"
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DP search & a little Introduction by CyrusMC @ 06/23/16 03:02 PM

Yes that does pretty much confirm what I had originally thought regarding Polyphony. I suppose my main question about the two keyboard for learning classical music comes from the fact that I don't really know how a keyboard should feel in a way. I'
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone identify this baby grand? by HelloMrZebra @ 06/23/16 02:55 PM

Anyone got pictures of these D-Type Spring & Loop actions? So I can see the difference?
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone own the Roland HP603? by Noonie @ 06/23/16 02:43 PM

The interesting experience for me (maybe because I've only been playing for a year and don't know any better?) is that with headphones on all of the DP's I tried are similar. Without headphones, none of them sound 'great' (to me). They're all bette
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Piano Zimmermann by SilverPiano @ 06/23/16 02:39 PM

photos of my new Zimmermann piano
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/23/16 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Originally Posted By Mark_CP.S. It would be more humane to announce the names in another way that The Cliburn has sometimes done it (and other competitions too), which is to say them in the order in which the people p
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: learning piano vs singing by prout @ 06/23/16 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By prout A truly great singer needs a truly great teacher to provide them with proper vocal technique. Unlike the piano, where body tension, hand position and motion are visible, the vocal apparatus is not v
Jump to new posts Re: DP search & a little Introduction by Frédéric L @ 06/23/16 02:14 PM

The best think to do is to try both of them and make your own mind. About the polyphony, 128 and 256 voices will do exactly the same with a moderately demanding piece of music. The difference will start to appear when the sustain is pressed during m
Jump to new posts Re: Electric Piano VSTs? by Kbeaumont @ 06/23/16 02:03 PM

I'm a big fan of Lounge Lizard, I own Pianoteq but haven't bought the EP's because Lounge Lizard works so well.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Grand Piano by Stubbie @ 06/23/16 02:02 PM

Make sure you read and have a good feel for the various categories of prices that you will run across: MSRP, SMP, and the various levels of discounts on the SMP. You might try out some of the Kawai GX series pianos (if you already haven't) that m
Jump to new posts DP search & a little Introduction by CyrusMC @ 06/23/16 01:44 PM

I believe in proper introduction posts when joining forums so be prepared for a wall of text! If you want to read the part where I get straight to the point you can scroll down to the bottom of this post. I’ve been interested in music ever si
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Level Classic Repertoire by Albunea @ 06/23/16 01:32 PM

I have "Easy Classics to Moderns". In particular this one: https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Classics-Moderns-Music-Millions/dp/0825640172 and I have only identified one piece as about Grade 1 ("First Dance" by Dmitri Kabalesky on page
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to play Rachmaninoff by phantomFive @ 06/23/16 01:25 PM

In this case I would strongly consider omitting the A natural, playing an F# with the thumb, and adding an A natural either an octave above or an octave below. It will sound slightly different, but so will rolling the chords, and in most cases it's
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: learning piano vs singing by TimR @ 06/23/16 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By prout A truly great singer needs a truly great teacher to provide them with proper vocal technique. Unlike the piano, where body tension, hand position and motion are visible, the vocal apparatus is not visible, yet knowledge of
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Isabelle1949When I touch the upper right hand corner of the screen, nothing happens. There is a little page on page icon that when I touch diminishes the view and I see on the lower right the iCloud icon with iPhone under it.
Piano Teachers Forum
Tim, thank you for your thought out response, and also explaining the reason for your hesitancy. No worries on that account. Quote:Where I will differ with you is in how practical this actually is. It is my observation that the personality of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ 06/23/16 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By fuzzy8ballsThese sort of these happen to all of us and kudos to you for putting yourself through the stresses of a competition to improve. Hope this helps, -Gorden Hey Gorden - Yeah, you are so right about using harmony to ki
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Isabelle1949 @ 06/23/16 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CP.S. It would be more humane to announce the names in another way that The Cliburn has sometimes done it (and other competitions too), which is to say them in the order in which the people played. Or, if they prefer, alphab
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 06/23/16 12:40 PM

P.S. It would be more humane to announce the names in another way that The Cliburn has sometimes done it (and other competitions too), which is to say them in the order in which the people played. Or, if they prefer, alphabetical order. Those ways, y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by dogperson @ 06/23/16 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By mellie62So, catching up watching the quarter finalists on youtube, pure listening delight, except for one contestant. Gregory Knight has been muted!! Yep, due to a copyright infringement! But don't worry if you haven't seen him
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by Fer De Armas @ 06/23/16 12:27 PM

Hi RobertJM, my preference is for the KAWAI plastic key actions, in this case my favorite is the MP7 with the RHII; IMHO is the best plastic key action available in the market today... and i chose this DP over the Roland (PHA4-P,C) or Yamaha (GH3,NW)
Adult Beginners Forum
I'll be going to Perth in February 2017. Does that count? I'm also going to Sydney on the same trip. A business friend (in Perth) whom we only know from the internet is have a 60th blow-out bash and we've been invited. Another friend in Sydney wa
Jump to new posts Re: Renner Hammers Price range by adrienschmitt @ 06/23/16 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By FraIn Europe: STEINWAY Original Grand Piano hammer heads bored and tailed, A+B, 20 Bass, Maple Price: 794,38 € (Excluded VAT 19%, packing and shipment) STEINWAY Original Grand Piano hammer heads pre-glued to shanks with f
Page 56 of 65 < 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 64 65 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Lounge Lizard -- on sale till August 31
by Charles Cohen
Today at 11:13 AM
Sluggish Hammer flanges
by TheTuner
Today at 10:41 AM
Same note with two fingers!!
by SMT
Today at 08:04 AM
How to mute the Kawai CA67 int. sound when line-in is used
by Imbuter2000
Today at 07:13 AM
Identifying Triads By Ear
by earlofmar
Today at 06:28 AM
Forum Stats
84,158 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,641 Topics
2,537,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission