Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (36251, ando, ajames, ADWyatt, anamnesis, 24 invisible), 1814 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by Mark_C @ 08/20/16 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveI invite people to concerts fairly often. I've literally never had anyone say they don't want to go because the concert was too long. Sometimes they say, "I'm not a classical person" or they say "that's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by bennevis @ 08/20/16 11:41 AM

This seems like a good place to recommend a lovely piano piece by a composer who died a few months ago, and well-known as a firebrand who wrote some very avant-garde stuff like Eight Songs for a Mad King . But he was also capable of writing pieces
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by EssBrace @ 08/20/16 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By mbpress01The ONLY criteria and most important is the key action. Just a quick reminder what the OP's needs are.... AvantGrand N2. It's the obvious answer. All the posts about using VSTs - all good points but the OP has dictated
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by bennevis @ 08/20/16 11:27 AM

There are plenty of concerts in London that last only an hour - lunchtime concerts, especially in Wigmore Hall. Perfect for Die schöne Müllerin, Winterreise, Hammerklavier, Diabelli Variations and the like. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b069xb46
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by outo @ 08/20/16 11:24 AM

Interestingly the OP put music in quotation marks, while I would rather use them for modern. Obviously we would have trouble defining it, but since the OP referred to anything that is not Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Impressionistic, I would inclu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wool String Covers vs Polyester Blend? by Miguel Rey @ 08/20/16 11:21 AM

All i know is that Damp Chaser uses heavy speaker cloth for the undercover so why not use it for the top cover? The undercover did help with smaller RH swings under the piano but a wool or speaker cloth for the top had no added benefit in regards to
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Hendrik42 @ 08/20/16 11:21 AM

Regarding the idea to pipe a VST through line in of your (expensive) digital piano: yes, of course that can be done, but do not count on it sounding very good. A better DP has more than two speakers. Once you have more than two speakers, there is the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by outo @ 08/20/16 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By wouter79Originally Posted By outo I am not a big fan of violin concertos but Shostakovich wrote some of the best music of last century, so certainly it will fill halls So how do you feel about this, the same? Yes th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by wouter79 @ 08/20/16 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By Qazsedcft... paintings by Raphael full of colors and very realistic and then there was this modern painting which had only two vertical lines. The layman said something like "I can appreciate this [pointing to the Raphael pa
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 - Questions by KPNUTS @ 08/20/16 11:13 AM

Hello f3r, and many thanks for your response. I have watched your videos, and can hear the thud sound on some individual notes. As you say, it is not a major distraction, particularly for someone who plays as beautifully as you do. Your reply confi
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alkan Left Hand Etude by anrpiano @ 08/20/16 11:11 AM

I have been told there are some earlier works, but I haven't found them. These are the earliest I personally know exist.
Member Recordings
Fixed Audio/ Video sync! https://youtu.be/hJdSCHrU6K8
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by wouter79 @ 08/20/16 11:05 AM

@ShiroKuro : Philip Glass is writing minimalistic music. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimal_music Indeed it's not atonal not hard to "understand". As I already commented "after 1900" is too vague.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alkan Left Hand Etude by Orange Soda King @ 08/20/16 11:01 AM

Saw on YouTube, nicely done. It's considerably tough, but you handle the difficulties nicely. Are Alkan's Op. 76 the first concert works written for one hand? (1838)
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 - Questions by KPNUTS @ 08/20/16 10:59 AM

Hello JoBert. Thanks for your response, and the video link. I have listened to your video playing, and cannot hear the thud sound at all. Your playing is excellent (a touch of envy here), and you have included the settings, which is very useful to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by Orange Soda King @ 08/20/16 10:57 AM

What's contraversial? If some people wanna do shorter concerts, that's fine. Maybe don't charge quite as much, but that seems reasonable. I've seen several student recitals at universities that were under an hour, and it was fine with me. I'm not sur
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin R Repair / Restoration by ngen33r @ 08/20/16 10:51 AM

So I have some time to work on the piano and the legs are in bad shape. I want to replace them as the point leg is split in half and the repair job was terrible. The legs are not all the same length. The bass and treble legs are roughly 21 1/4in and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by Qazsedcft @ 08/20/16 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By Groove OnBut when I visit the Museum of Modern Art, everything feels abstract, like there's less cohesiveness, and there's a general feeling that the art work is empty at it's core. I felt the same way until I saw a video a few
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Frédéric L @ 08/20/16 10:48 AM

About noise gate, kippesc has repported one on a N2 (http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2229117), but enzo.sandrolini has tested one (N2), and found no noise gate (http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2227306/2.html#P
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Impromptu by Robert Cunningham @ 08/20/16 10:48 AM

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWn0IOYlhHc Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lateromantic/impromptu-by-robert-cunningham This was one of my early piano compositions where I sought to capture the feel of an improvisation, as indicated by
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Requiring a Geographic Location on Posters by Rich D. @ 08/20/16 10:46 AM

I think it should remain an option. I don't mind showing my location but then again I am not in the Federal Witness Proection Program. Rich
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by bSharp[C]yclist @ 08/20/16 10:46 AM

14. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Nocturne op.9 no 1 B flat minor Hearing more Chopin pieces. Sounded great! I'm not qualified to give any feedback. Thanks for sharing I'd like to try the Prelude pieces one day. 15. Richard (zrtf90) - Largo e me
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by wouter79 @ 08/20/16 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By outo I am not a big fan of violin concertos but Shostakovich wrote some of the best music of last century, so certainly it will fill halls So how do you feel about this, the same? Yes the same. This sounds like some
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get modern classical "music"?? by ShiroKuro @ 08/20/16 10:42 AM

I'm coming in late to this thread, but it looks like there are a lot of videos linked here that I want to listen to, because a lot of the composers are people whose names I've heard but not really listened to -- with the except of Bartok and I've nev
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough controversy by phantomFive @ 08/20/16 10:42 AM

I invite people to concerts fairly often. I've literally never had anyone say they don't want to go because the concert was too long. Sometimes they say, "I'm not a classical person" or they say "that's too expensive right now," b
Page 57 of 74 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 73 74 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hallet Davis baby grand with sticking keys
by David68
08/25/16 12:50 PM
Difference between Kawai pianos
by dreja
08/25/16 09:53 AM
Under €1000 stage piano (used)
by Bachus
08/25/16 08:37 AM
Flood damaged piano
by David Jenson
08/25/16 07:50 AM
Help Regarding a Yamaha P-105
by Muli
08/25/16 07:01 AM
Forum Stats
84,767 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,736 Topics
2,550,254 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission