Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
47 registered (barbaram, Bellicapelli, AdrianR, ando, Adypiano, AZNpiano, 11 invisible), 1680 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by casinitaly @ 11/30/16 05:34 PM

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to listen to my piece and give me some feedback. I still feel this is a work in progress, but at the same time it has been somewhat of a break-through piece in terms of being able to give expression to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Innate Talent / Hard Work by JohnSprung @ 11/30/16 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79 Yes some people get there with less work. I claim that's just because they have better practicing techniques and concentration. Alas, no. Some of us naturally have brains that are better at certain tasks. It's like o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet Another Yamaha U1 vs U3 Thread by Adam107 @ 11/30/16 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By cphollisYou're deciding between two great choices. Loved my U1 when I had it, also really liked the bigger U3 when I played it. Like I said, no bad choices here. Something better for the money? Maybe it's out there, but it'll
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do YOU want from an adult beginner by BrianDX @ 11/30/16 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneIn fact, I'd say the most successful adult students I've had are the ones that didn't have particular goals that they needed to work on right then and there. Maybe some songs they want to do someday, but mainly they want
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Innate Talent / Hard Work by outo @ 11/30/16 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By wouter79There is no such thing as "talent". Everyone has to do all the hard work to get there. Of course there is. And things do come easier to some people. Everyo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Database song keys by dogperson @ 11/30/16 05:25 PM

Originally published key, per Musicnotes.com is D min Music Notes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Market value of Santos Rosewood Steinway Model A by czernylavion @ 11/30/16 05:23 PM

It was used for 1 season at Tanglewood in 2007 and I purchased it in 2015. It sat on the showroom floor from 2009 and was marketed as a Steinway Festival Piano. It was not a practice piano and was used, according to the Steinway rep, by a famous cond
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Innate Talent / Hard Work by outo @ 11/30/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By pianopiOriginally Posted By Adam107You know I'm actually enjoying working through all the Piano Adventures books (and a few of the side books like Ragtime, Classical, Jewish Music, etc) step by step. What got me back into this w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 11/30/16 05:13 PM

Nice to hear from everyone! I can tell you that the Faber series is especially good IMHO for those folks who do not have a teacher at the moment. In those cases, it is especially important to pay close attention to the exercises and technique sectio
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My forced Sabbatibrokenbonical! by JimF @ 11/30/16 05:04 PM

LOL Ralph. Hope you heal up soon. Jim
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Name or identify this piece please by draft @ 11/30/16 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistDiabelli Variations. Thank you Polyphonist. The question was originally asked like this "Identify the masterpiece this exerpt is from" Maybe I should have put that in my first post. Is the answer still t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Damper pedal causing strings to vibrate by MomOfBeginners @ 11/30/16 04:44 PM

Thanks for your responses. They're really helpful. I had my piano tuner look at it. He didn't know of any way to remove that sound, and did think it was really loud on my piano. A technician from the piano store also looked at it, tried replacing
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Linus and Lucy 2nd jazz section by Millie @ 11/30/16 04:43 PM

Thanks. I tried it both ways and I like Rintincops suggestion of me playing the walking bass line in the left hand. Otherwise it just doesn't seem to "flow" somehow. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning advice please by HelloMrZebra @ 11/30/16 04:43 PM

Hello Cincinnati Kid! From one Cincinnatian to another we are stubborn as heck. I would recommend that you use " tunelab " APP for android/iPhone. The trial version is free and it's an easy program to use. This APP has an " overpull
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Terrible-sounding note on Kawai ES 8 by Maartin @ 11/30/16 04:38 PM

Just tried on my CA97 (same SK-5 voice), and couldn't hear this anomaly.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning advice please by HelloMrZebra @ 11/30/16 04:37 PM

From what I've read M&H did away with screw stringer because it threatened the livelihood of piano tuners. They were easy to tune in that you could just adjust the screw up to pitch (tuning from the bottom) and then whack the key to make sure the
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning advice please by HelloMrZebra @ 11/30/16 04:30 PM

Hello Cincinnati Kid! From one Cincinnatian to another we are stubborn as heck. I would recommend that you use " tunelab " APP for android/iPhone. The trial version is free and it's an easy program to use. This APP has an " overpull
Jump to new posts Re: Damper pedal causing strings to vibrate by Nathan M., RPT @ 11/30/16 04:10 PM

It's a common issue and can most likely be improved by a technician. It's unavoidable that the dampers will make *some* noise when lifted, which is why pianists learn to control it like prout explained. But it shouldn't be obnoxious.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning advice please by Nathan M., RPT @ 11/30/16 04:01 PM

I disagree about the M&H screw stringer, I think it's a perfectly good system. You simply drop the tension until the pitch changes, then raise it directly up to pitch without stopping or overshooting. Someone (Jim Geiger I think?) brought one to
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Linus and Lucy 2nd jazz section by rintincop @ 11/30/16 03:54 PM

Play Vince's right hand lines while playing the bass part with the left hand. That's how I have seen a number of pianists do good job of covering Vince's solo.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mysterious piece by rychubil @ 11/30/16 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDThe following piece on the video is the Grieg Nocturne, Op. 54, No. 4 Yes, I know but still nobody know what is the first piece.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with nervous performing students by JohnSprung @ 11/30/16 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By blue keys... or doing things that are distracting or a bit nerve wracking. Such has putting my metronome on a bit loudly or shuffling back and forth in the room. I use a loud TV set sometimes for my own practice.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Switching methods by AZNpiano @ 11/30/16 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D. When you talk about "teaching intervallic reading" I'm very confused about what you mean. The book goes in order 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th. The music they write will contain only the intervals the
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By krikorikJohn That's a different metric and not sure how it correlates to potential piano students. It's the metric that TV stations use to sell advertising to businesses. Looking for instance at the government's population co
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Green eggs and ham by TimR @ 11/30/16 03:34 PM

So, what type of instruction does succeed? Sports? Yes, it develops athletes capable of superhuman feats of strength and coordination. So maybe we could look at sports instruction, but on the other hand there is a huge amount of weeding out goin
Page 57 of 64 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 63 64 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784
by pinkfloydhomer
12/07/16 04:01 AM
Stride Piano
by john f
12/07/16 03:54 AM
Pomodoro technique for pianists
by ldiebold
12/07/16 12:48 AM
Don't know what to say
by chasingrainbows
12/06/16 08:48 PM
I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500
by Beakybird
12/06/16 08:34 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,798 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,840 Topics
2,576,737 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission