Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
100 registered (anamnesis, AndrewJCW, airilly, Adam S, agraffe, 28 invisible), 1463 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by Kawai James @ 06/22/16 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneMaybe he uses a sequencer to fix his playing and/or the VPC1 deficiencies. May I ask which deficiencies you are referring to, and how using a sequencer would be able to 'fix' them?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ 06/22/16 08:15 PM

... 21. Moonlight Sonata (1st Mov) (Beethoven) (AR) 22. Strawberry Malt (Faber) (OC) 23. French Minuet (Lully) (OF) 24. Mazurka In F Major (Faber) (OC) 25. The Spy (Faber) (OC) 26. Silver Rain Etude (Faber) (OC) 27. Polka (Primo) (Hummel) (OF) 28. Da
Jump to new posts Electric Piano VSTs? by newbert @ 06/22/16 07:52 PM

...Which would you recommend? I'm aware of Pianoteq's add-on, and "Lounge Lizard". Are there others worth considering (even if it's part of a larger software package)? I'm thinking in terms of something on the soft side as in the intro t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone identify this baby grand? by HelloMrZebra @ 06/22/16 07:52 PM

Well I never quit learning that's for sure. I will be sure to check out the repetition mechanism for baby grands then.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiforScore. Henle app (if you're into purchasing their digital scores). I have the Henle app, but the selection of solo piano scores at the intermediate level is pretty thin now; I'm sure it will get better. Right now I
Jump to new posts Re: New Rhodes sample from Clavia: Nefertiti MKI by Kawai James @ 06/22/16 07:40 PM

Thanks for the heads-up maurus! I haven't even checked the demo yet, but... Wooooooooooooooooooooooooot! EDIT: Demos sound pretty good - reminds me a little of the Sparkletop, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually have a chance to A-B the tw
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway lover to a YAMAHA C7x by Michiyo-Fir @ 06/22/16 07:29 PM

I also love the Steinway sound but ended up with a Yamaha. When voiced right, especially in the CX series, they are very nice pianos that I've found to be mostly consistently even in touch. I myself almost bought a C7 but ended up with a smaller C3
Jump to new posts Re: Verituner: using spectrum graphs and custom styles by daniokeeper @ 06/22/16 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By RonTunerThings get complicated in the bass section. I've found while seeking the 'least bad' place to leave an octave, that the loudest partial match isn't always the best guide... I think it is a combination of many beats and b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pramberger JP 131 serial number and age by oldmancoyote @ 06/22/16 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By ToypoodleUpdate, I just got the panino home, I am so happy with it, thank you all for your input! I have tried Yamaha, Kawai and Petrof before I settled with this one, to me, it's the best! Congratulations, and bon appetit!
Originally Posted By Chris LeslieOriginally Posted By Phil StewartIt's better to use more cardboard punchings than thick soft cloth punchings. I recommend Crescendo felt punchings from Jurgen at Piano Forte Supply. Very dense, giving you lots of pow
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why are the Medtner piano sonatas so hard to like? by jeffreyjones @ 06/22/16 07:07 PM

Give his Piano Quintet a try. That's one work of Medtner's that I will absolutely stand behind. A lot of his solo piano work seems repetitive, but I think it is more due to lack of imagination and finesse on the performers' part. Listening to the com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 by Piano World @ 06/22/16 06:52 PM

The date is set: July 14, 2016! Additional details coming soon. Be sure to let me know if you'd like to join us on this tour! I will also be giving official Piano World Piano Forums pins to any members on the tour who would like one.
Well, taking a look at the MIDI in Logic's event list confirms my suspicion that notes are being retriggered. Towards the bottom of each of the attached screencaps it can be seen that some notes are triggered twice in short succession - the second ti
Jump to new posts Re: Casio privia px150 MIDI recording by Meelays @ 06/22/16 06:44 PM

Yessss. I tried the Anvil and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much Frederic! Now I finally don't have to worry about losing my compositions to memory. And thank you as well spanishbuddha. I actually didn't know that.
Jump to new posts Re: Daily practice tuning - would it harm the piano? by Gene Nelson @ 06/22/16 06:37 PM

A concert piano may get tuned daily or very often. The typical concert piano tuning requires only micro adjustments, maybe only a couple ticks of pin movement if the environment is relatively stable. Also, concert tuners typically have well developed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 06/22/16 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By Vid[to Coaster] I'm just getting caught up and thoroughly enjoyed your performance! Your enjoyment comes through for sure. Yes -- enjoyment, together with concentration and a feeling of depth. I mentioned earlier that she has ju
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Vid @ 06/22/16 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By coasterThank you! I enjoyed myself greatly while up there today. I hope that came across. I love all 3 of those pieces so much. Thank you all for watching! I'm just getting caught up and thoroughly enjoyed your performance!
Piano Teachers Forum
@Pianomom I can understand your point but comparing grand with DGX is like comparing apples to oranges. No way it sounds similar to a grand or even close to it. For me, the biggest challenge is a toddler who loves to play as much as her sister . If
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pramberger JP 131 serial number and age by gnuboi @ 06/22/16 06:07 PM

Congratulations! I once helped a friend buy a used Pramberger upright for their kids. It was really nice and a super value!
Jump to new posts Re: New Rhodes sample from Clavia: Nefertiti MKI by Dave Ferris @ 06/22/16 06:05 PM

It's been a very long time coming for Nord fans. Good for them. I like the sound of the more Ballady "soft demo" on the SC page. The low deep Mark I always was my tonal preference for Jazz. But the band volume had to be pretty soft for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie seeks input: 1903 Chickering upright by gnuboi @ 06/22/16 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeOriginally Posted By tomverlaine... and if the Chickering has lots of little problems it'll be harder for me to learn. I tend to agree - if you have to spend all your time tinkering with the piano, trying to get i
Jump to new posts New Rhodes sample from Clavia: Nefertiti MKI by maurus @ 06/22/16 05:53 PM

There is a very nice, warm and dynamic new Rhodes MKI sample in the Nord Piano Library: http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries/nord-piano-library/electric-pianos/ep8-nefertiti-mki "The Nefertiti MKI is a funky old workhorse that has spen
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV1 - are there still keybed issues? by Dave Ferris @ 06/22/16 05:52 PM

I had a run with two of them, about 16 months apart, years ago when they first came out. In the end the APs and their too short decay and sustain basically made the SV1 unusable for me and what I mostly do. I do agree that the APs sound excellent in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Jen Weir @ 06/22/16 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By Daneel OlivawJennifer, your "Comfortably Numb" is pretty awesome. Loved it! Thank you, and thanks so much for listening!! :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by Daneel Olivaw @ 06/22/16 05:35 PM

Jennifer, your "Comfortably Numb" is pretty awesome. Loved it!
Page 57 of 65 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 64 65 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is the exact level of this piece
by airilly
06/28/16 08:34 PM
I need a new piano for worship use. Help me choose?
by lsal1
06/28/16 05:18 PM
My CLP150 just died,... no idea what to replace it with.
by Jules85
06/28/16 04:27 PM
Odd sound from one string
by Beemer
06/28/16 04:14 PM
Digital Pianos voices/half-pedal and Midi interfaces
by Yuzem
06/28/16 03:40 PM
Forum Stats
84,154 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,633 Topics
2,537,157 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission