Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
144 registered (alfredo capurso, ajames, accordeur, anamnesis, 36251, 35 invisible), 1842 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The new VAX MIDI Keyboard Controller by ElmerJFudd @ 01/25/15 10:55 AM

I am pretty sure they are offering this DYI because assembly is an area that killed them on the first VAX. Clearly building them in the US priced the keyboard way out of reach of most non-pros (or I should say people who who have difficulty justifyi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Steinway Upright regulation problem. by Steve Senseney @ 01/25/15 10:55 AM

Further comments on Keydip--I have readjusted the let off jack button. It is touchy, as it has been deformed from 130 years of use, and a slight turn can throw the action off quite a bit. I readjusted the back checks. The piano now plays much bet
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to look for in a new teacher? by ClsscLib @ 01/25/15 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: SwissMS ...As a returning adult player, I had a hard time finding a teacher that saw me as the serious student that I am. Through three different teachers, I never had a structured learning program. They taught me what ever rep
Quote:You cannot judge a piano from a recording. LJC, you can! It's a mistake to suppose that all piano "consumption" is by individuals playing their own instruments. Of course I totally agree that if one is buying a piano to play, it's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by dynamobt @ 01/25/15 10:51 AM

I've only just started practicing my two Schumann pieces this week. I've learned them before and hoped to only need a quick brush up. Luckily, practicing going well. As usual, the big challenge will be finding quiet time to record. I still have t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Jytte @ 01/25/15 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90Anita, 4 hours between getting up and work? I thought I was slow in the mornings (and my boss thinks I'm even slower)! I get up around seven, get to work around eight and wake up around nine. ROFL... thank you, nice to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by outo @ 01/25/15 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: findingnemo2010Originally Posted By: outo25.1.2015: I've been working on the same things every day this week... Schumann: Still trying to memorize...can play through but get stuck on trying to read the complicated parts Scarlatt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Hailun or old Yamaha? by Jean Claude @ 01/25/15 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: accordeur I live in cold crack country Maybe so, but I bet the Canadian tourism authorities will not be trying to exploit that fact anytime soon.... 'Visit Canada, the Cold Crack Country...'
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Specific Question from an Adult Student #2 by malkin @ 01/25/15 10:37 AM

Right now I have a 'reach' piece and it seems to require quite a bit more work not only for me, but for my teacher as well. Is that generally the case?
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 predictions? by Alexander Borro @ 01/25/15 10:35 AM

I spotted some videos featuring the new Casio range PX 60 and Celviano AP-60 console series, but I get the impression it is some smaller changes/updates, nothing that would make me feel worthy of a upgrade anyway ( for me personally ). Main things
Jump to new posts Re: Placing the temperament strip in a birdcage by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 01/25/15 10:33 AM

Only bichords? Then no, no strip mute needed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by zrtf90 @ 01/25/15 10:32 AM

Birthday greetings, SwissMS. Sorry I missed the cake, I hope I haven't missed the boat! Stubbie, that's a much more balanced list after all those sonatinas. Now that I know that Brahms changed the keys I hope you aren't typing all that extra waltz i
Adult Beginners Forum
SwissMs, how could I miss your birthday!! Hope you had a great day.
Jump to new posts Re: How to make my baby grand piano sound better? by Paul678 @ 01/25/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: EllieYamaNow, that would be really cool!! blue tooth keyboard controller*** Imagine using technology similar to that of Yamaha Avant N3 and be able to play any acoustic piano anywhere in the room. Definitely should get it patent
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 predictions? by leafhound @ 01/25/15 10:24 AM

No complains about NAMM15 here. There's enough pianos out there as is. Though I would like to see Kawai compete in the 5-6k market.
Pianist Corner
Wow, it's been a long time since I last visited this forum... so hi again, those who i'm already familiar with and also those who i'm not Now on to the topic... This is quite a leap in repertoire difficulty for me, the previous works i've studied i
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 by Alexander Borro @ 01/25/15 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Pete14I'm also fond of the spectrum profile; especially to fatten the lower end. I've not used it for the mid to upper registers. Pete, I should give that a whirl. One reason I speculate that painoteq lacks fatness a bit
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 by R_B @ 01/25/15 10:20 AM

@CMin; I don't know how/why yours has "grown" that big, I have 38.5Meg (38.6 "on disc") here and probably haven't cleaned anything out since... maybe the original 2.something that I started with. I likely have more "residue&q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Grigory Sokolov plays Rach 3 by bennevis @ 01/25/15 10:12 AM

Just found a recent YouTube of this - brings back memories when he used to play concertos (- especially this warhorse) frequently with BBC orchestras in the UK in the 1990s, and which were often broadcast live. You won't hear a more powerfully trench
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 predictions? by ElmerJFudd @ 01/25/15 10:09 AM

Some nice news and products in the synthesis area, but not much going on with digital pianos, the consoles in particular. However, Kawai has refreshed the CA95 and 65 to CA97 and 67. They were nice to begin with and now have the GF2 action. Slab
Jump to new posts Re: How to make my baby grand piano sound better? by EllieYama @ 01/25/15 10:08 AM

Now, that would be really cool!! blue tooth keyboard controller*** Imagine using technology similar to that of Yamaha Avant N3 and be able to play any acoustic piano anywhere in the room. Definitely should get it patent, would be really great hearing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which way to go? by Greener @ 01/25/15 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Fatih For example , i guess chords is crucial in contemporary music but in classical they are not used so often. Chords are used in classical music and contemporary music. In learning classical music though via sheet music, the
Adult Beginners Forum
Ordinarily I have no problem bringing out the melody. I made a preliminary recording this morning after your post just to satisfy myself and I'm fine with it. There are a few places where the legato is tricky, including the pedal points you mentione
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 by Cmin @ 01/25/15 09:56 AM

I don't know where the information is coming from that Pianoteq is 50 MB. My installation was 229 MB. Ok, it's not the size of the sampled instruments. But, Pianoteq does seem to be getting larger with every update.
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 predictions? by petes1 @ 01/25/15 09:56 AM

OK, so the big winter show is almost over, and so those of us not in the know what to know -- how well did your predictions work out? Anyone guess right on the money? And more importantly, were there any striking or revolutionary announcements made d
Page 57 of 115 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 114 115 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano
by DavidNYNY
01/28/15 07:05 PM
Dilemma, Yamaha CP4 or Kawai MP7
by davide_86
01/28/15 06:24 PM
How to practice piano efficiently...for advanced pianists
by piano_friend
01/28/15 06:12 PM
Question about accent marks
by J Moore
01/28/15 05:09 PM
My Best Piano Accessories (add yours)
by Jytte
01/28/15 05:02 PM
Forum Stats
77902 Members
42 Forums
161000 Topics
2365213 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission