Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
109 registered (Beauxhomme, anamnesis, AndrewJCW, Ahmedn1, accordeur, 3fngers, 29 invisible), 1163 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Rickster @ 05/20/16 08:55 PM

The Ritmullers sound nice, Norbert. And, "Fast fingers Freddy" does a great job playing the upright. I'd love to hear the Seiler now... Rick
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scale fingering by Isabelle1949 @ 05/20/16 08:48 PM

Polyphonist is that how you play them, with four fingers? I was taught the standard way (I guess that's what you'd call it). A C scale 123, 1234 etc for R.H. And 54321, 321, 4321 in L.H. Ascending. Noted the four finger runs Lisitsa does in her pl
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Beautiful work! Looks like you had fun too. It all looks very familiar to uprights made in the US, except for the bass bridge, which has that extra extension pointing up into the treble. I don't remember seeing that before. Sam
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strings with steep angle at the tuning pin by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 05/20/16 08:46 PM

Bourniplus, It is difficult to describe. You loosen the string sufficiently so that with a string hook or even just a screwdriver blade, you can lift the back edge of the coil (nearest the cast iron frame) so that it crosses over the coil and that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by ebonykawai @ 05/20/16 08:41 PM

I'm so glad you posted about this, Brian. It's the exact same thing I have to decide about, as well. Some of the music in PA is really nice, but I'm dying to get to more classical repertoire instead of slogging through music that can be SO uninspirin
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you, great suggestions. My goal is very small. I just want to play C on a piano and have C, more or less, come out of my mouth. At this point, I still think this may really be a bag of magic beans and not just marketing grandiloquence. Prof
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
sorry i think you are misunderstand me we have this model's parameter in Chinese already I just want to make a subtitle in that video ,and then put the video in our company's website for propaganda CA15 is produced in our company ,our company co-
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Gliss with torn up fingers by sheilaju @ 05/20/16 08:18 PM

I'm playing a piece in 2 concerts this weekend that has 29 (!!!!!) glissandos. My fingers are torn up from rehearsals. Any advice for how I can get my fingers through these performances? They really hurt!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By scgrant In the book she briefly outlined an approach developed by Dale Topp that reportedly can teach anyone to match pitches while singing--in 3 half-hour lessons. As someone who would love to sing and play-by-ear this seems
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Production Grand? Reviews? by siros @ 05/20/16 07:44 PM

Its size is from multiple mic perspectives and multiple sampling rate samples. Not generally what would make a library sounds good. I've checked it a while ago. The demo sounds nice. But it requires full Kontakt. That's a deal breaker for me. (Also
I exchanged some emails with Thomann myself some time ago. I wasn't completely surprised by the upcharge. My biggest complaint is the lack of communication. I still haven't heard anything from them about this order. It just seems Thomann's infrastru
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by justarobert @ 05/20/16 07:29 PM

I'd also like to commend Mari Yoshihara for the nearly all-B program, in more-or-less alphabetical order, especially since they're mostly not the most famous Bs. Quote:Preliminary Round BARBER Excursions, op. 20: III. Allegretto BATES White Lie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Journal: Chopin Ballade No. 1 Op. 23 by Tubbie0075 @ 05/20/16 07:26 PM

Week 10: Ok, I'm finally back to it. There are a couple of new fingerings I need to learn before the next lesson. I'm playing faster than I should and it sounds messy. I need to hold it back a little and try to play it clean and musical. At the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scale fingering by Polyphonist @ 05/20/16 07:26 PM

Most diatonic scales require only four fingers.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Scale fingering by Isabelle1949 @ 05/20/16 07:20 PM

I've watched some videos of pianists who seem to do scale like runs using only four fingers and use the fifth finger only on the last key of the run. Any info on where I can read about this? Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Experience Playing "Before-beat" Music by dmd @ 05/20/16 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By MacMorrighanAttending this program, however, has made me a better student in the long run and MUCH more demanding of a quality education and instructor(s). If I feel that my education is being short-changed in any way, I'll be t
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Production Grand? Reviews? by Morodiene @ 05/20/16 07:10 PM

I've not heard of Production Grand, actually. Lacking half-pedaling is not a good thing, though. The software libraries that get a lot of attention on here, for what it's worth: -Pianoteq (modeled not sampled) -Ivory II -Ravenscroft (and other True
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi Tim, I've enjoyed exploring these compositions too. Although Kazhlayev's roots are in the Late Romantic style, the occasional dissonances makes me wonder if he is beginning to experiment in the Modern style. But then again, he composed the Six P
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By phackeWas the Turkish March the Volodos version? -thanks She actually does a version combining both Fazil Say's arrangement and that of Volodos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 05/20/16 06:31 PM

31 Inkwolf Tremendous! The elements are here for much greater stuff from you, which will surely come. Precise and fun! 32 Monika K You have that piano mic`d to perfection. It`s so sweet and full of presence for which you are responsible, being
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opening a piano school by Peter K. Mose @ 05/20/16 06:30 PM

Further to Groove's idea: "My wife is doing very well teaching piano, so I'm thinking she should become an administrator instead."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tackling a "Too Difficult" Piece by BruceD @ 05/20/16 06:28 PM

I am of two minds about tackling a "too difficult" piece. Yes, much can be learned from pieces that are, overall, too difficult. Quite often, however, the same techniques can be refined by studying pieces that are within one's grasp. Th
Piano Forum
Cool, just realized this ancient thread got slightly revived, so I can ask a question of Del regarding the below quote. Del, what is the break angle over a piano bridge, because for a down bearing force to be only a few hundred pounds as you say, th
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Scintillation for 12 Piccolos by Stephen_Doonan @ 05/20/16 06:18 PM

I really like this. Very interesting idea, and I love what it changes to about midway through.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Norbert @ 05/20/16 06:09 PM

For comparison between different makes you need to try them yourself... The Rit 4'11 IMHO compares nicely to the 48 and especially 52" upright, a particularly strong piano. The 5'3 GH 160 would be my own choice, well withing your budget. Be
Page 57 of 80 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 79 80 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is the lifespan of a DP?
by Ottawa58
05/25/16 08:21 PM
Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3?
by Schazti011
05/25/16 07:18 PM
Why music, when you can improv?
by Panolof
05/25/16 07:15 PM
Kawai CS-X1
by EssBrace
05/25/16 04:37 PM
Cunningham Piano/Dave Frank- Pat Martino master class 5/22
by Dfrankjazz
05/25/16 03:21 PM
Forum Stats
83,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,927 Topics
2,527,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission