Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
137 registered (accordeur, ando, agraffe, andyvn579, alerique, 36251, 41 invisible), 1779 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
My movers have always used a piano horse and padding. I would never allow a lyre tip. Obviously nothing is perfectly safe for the finish when tipping an 800+ lb piano, but using the piano horse and then removing the lyre and leg is so much safer, w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by roytheboy @ 02/09/16 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By StatueDoesn't the way it handles overdubbing make sense? ... The whole point of a multi-track recorder/sequencer is that the original of each track remains unaltered unless you specifically over-record/overdub that track. Thus y
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Voicing Renner Hammers by Gottaplayalot @ 02/09/16 11:46 AM

Hello there; Thank you in advance for any replies anyone is able to make regarding my “voicing” question. My question is simple, I think. It is, “How well do (new) Renner hammers lend themselves to revoicing?” The background is that I have
Piano Teachers Forum
From a brass teacher: http://www.tom-ervin.com/if-you-practice/
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Statue @ 02/09/16 11:36 AM

Doesn't the way it handles overdubbing make sense? Every time you record something new, you get a new file, even if it's an overdub; this way is preferable, since you can never through overdubbing lose anything that you've recorded, and any loss of a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Age limits Conservatories by Cheeto717 @ 02/09/16 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By neciebugsAuditioned, accepted to university music program in 2005 at 34. yes... you can. Where? What degree? Bachelors, masters....?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS by Piano World @ 02/09/16 11:29 AM

Kurt, I don't disagree with you, if it was that easy I'd have already done it. I haven't found a cost effective way to do it. Even Facebook requires you to upload your pictures. If you use the photo gallery you can keep adding pictures to it witho
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Sound Routing Question by Polkahero @ 02/09/16 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesPolkahero, No, I'm afraid not. The tone generator sends the same signal to both types of outputs. The only 'solution' (although not terribly elegant, and not really requiring separate balanced and unbalanced outputs
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements! by johnlewisgrant @ 02/09/16 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By proutI keep trying to tell you that you are trying to find the exact centre of the Atlantic Ocean. You can't. For one thing, we have to find an acceptable definition of centre, and then we have to accept that the centre is alw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by PianoWorksATL @ 02/09/16 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By BDBMost piano brands are long gone. We technicians manage to service them, anyway. On that topic, I keep a Pierce Piano Atlas at my desk. In it are thousands of defunct brands and piano companies; starting with the letter "
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Reblitz vs Igrec on Backcheck and Rep Sprin regulation specs by johnlewisgrant @ 02/09/16 11:21 AM

On backcheck checking distance Reblitz at p. 187: Each hammer should check exactly 5/8" (16mm.) from the strings (rack). Igrec at p. 174: Typically, backchecking is adjusted between 1/2 and 5/8 (12 to 15 mm.) from the strings. I'm curious: w
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by holarb @ 02/09/16 11:19 AM

But two things I would like to have added: 1. Maybe its a user error, but I don't think so: if I shut down the DP the SMF volume is not stored but remains on max level when I restart. Also the setting of the volume seems not to work for me, no matte
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by roytheboy @ 02/09/16 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By holarbDoesn't it make sense that the auto-off is deactivated with BT connected? I have that use case: If I stream audio to the piano with closed cover I don't want it to shut-down automatically. It seems the piano does not dist
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GF and let-off by Marcos Daniel @ 02/09/16 11:12 AM

Joflah uploaded this PDF http://www.joflaherty.org/VPC1/VPC1_to_cabinet.pdf in this post: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2226474/1.html
Can't people just turn off their own DP? I don't find it hard.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A by violarules @ 02/09/16 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By shirlkirstenHere's a more accurate sense of my Steinway A, 1911 It's an easy ride, or smooth ride.. but yes, you can hear its tubbiness. Still I like playing it.. despite its flaws and plan to enjoy it as is. https://youtu.be/M4W
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by Puylly Fog @ 02/09/16 11:08 AM

Hi dogperson, I think I understand AZN point of view. At the end of the day, parents are also part of the team. The teacher only spends a few minutes a week with the students, and that is the time they have to motivate them. The parent(s) would usual
Jump to new posts Re: RD 800 volume pedal issues. HELP!!!! by Cliff Pitt @ 02/09/16 11:07 AM

Hi Alan & James, Guys, thank you sooo much for your input, its much appreciated, I feel a little embarrassed now as I realise I asked a question and then didn't check for an answer before I purchased the Alesis F2, it is new old stock at £37.50
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by PianoWorksATL @ 02/09/16 11:06 AM

Steigerman was discontinued. We first sold them a little before 2008 (maybe 2006?). When we first sold them, they were a typical entry-level product, and I believe the manufacturer was Beijing Xinghai Piano group. We liked some of these models but
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS by KurtZ @ 02/09/16 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By RicksterOriginally Posted By NorbertIt used to be easy but now it doesn't seem to take JPEG files. Obviously needing to convert to .jpg but not sure how to do.. Norbert I hope the picture upload process works for others, but
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by holarb @ 02/09/16 11:03 AM

Doesn't it make sense that the auto-off is deactivated with BT connected? I have that use case: If I stream audio to the piano with closed cover I don't want it to shut-down automatically. It seems the piano does not distinguish between a BT audio
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by jimusic @ 02/09/16 11:02 AM

Yes, I guess that is true. And from my continual reading, there's no guarantee that what the label says is actually under the hood anymore. It might look like an orange, but it could actually be an apple inside.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Nahum @ 02/09/16 11:02 AM

I saw Lady Gaga sings, but I heard someway Barbra Streisand ...
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: You want to sound modern & powerful ??? by mischeli @ 02/09/16 10:56 AM

Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by BDB @ 02/09/16 10:47 AM

Most piano brands are long gone. We technicians manage to service them, anyway.
Page 57 of 88 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 87 88 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Headphones for Digital Piano
by moderhuske
17 minutes 56 seconds ago
Thumbs up for Microsoft Surface Pro
by Giin
Today at 11:20 AM
Help with a new piano
by Inefable
Today at 10:41 AM
Finding Denes Varjon
by Hank M
Today at 07:46 AM
playing minuets
by iamanders
Today at 05:38 AM
Forum Stats
82,579 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,469 Topics
2,494,964 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission