Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
123 registered (Amosdoll, 36251, AllisonOK, alwatson, ahoffmann, accordeur, 29 invisible), 1651 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Okay, thanks for the input! I will have to learn patience. (bSharp, I found the last two pieces in book one challenging, too.)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Standard keyboard (kneehole) and pedal heights? by Bosendorff @ 04/26/16 10:08 PM

62 cm and 5,5 cm on my baby grand.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by Macy @ 04/26/16 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneWhy is it "laugh out loud" material? I find reasoning behind what he describes. Speakers project sound in a specific way and while they will recreate faithfully all frequencies of the original record, they won'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progressing a step further by hreichgott @ 04/26/16 10:07 PM

I always enjoy your playing Ganddalf! Don't forget to have fun at the concert. Playing live in front of people is one of those things that we just have to get used to. We all have good days and bad days, and then nerves or distractions or weird pian
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by petes1 @ 04/26/16 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTWhich sound like a real piano. Which Pianoteq does not ... yet. 1. If someone likes the sound it produces and its responsiveness, if they feel it sounds close enough to a piano, and most importantly, if it moves them, then n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ 04/26/16 09:58 PM

I have the course, and I've worked through a good chunk of it. I'm not a beginner but I got the course to learn arranging and improvising. I've learned a lot from it already. It's a lot of work but it's really fun too. I've posted in other thread
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by ilmagodiloz @ 04/26/16 09:56 PM

Just one more thing: what about the keybed of the FP-30 vs the Kawai ES100? Big differences except the 3 vs 2 sensors?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by pianoloverus @ 04/26/16 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By twocatsOriginally Posted By pianoloverusI think the "piano chose the buyer" is gobbledygook. It's just a romantic way of saying "I fell in love and felt a special connection with the piano". Pretty sure no o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Widmung by hreichgott @ 04/26/16 09:56 PM

Hi Valencia, I had to listen several times to figure out what was happening with the rhythm. The first half of each measure is too short so the end of the measure always sounds early and syncopated. I think you are not dotting your dotted eighths in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by laguna_greg @ 04/26/16 09:55 PM

Heather my dear, It is an unspoken belief among many people who have not been properly trained, that playing by ear is superior to more seemingly traditional training. And that it avoids many of the seeming pitfalls of music education, encourages s
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi bananasushi, Ok, op. 9 no. 1, now I know what you're talking about This one is more beautiful than op 9 no 2 anyway! I think it's best to try to find a fingering where both voices can be played legato. That will help keep the integrity of the top
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by hreichgott @ 04/26/16 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By The MonkeysOriginally Posted By hreichgottthen we start reading. (I teach Suzuki) Would that be the point that the students start to drop out? Sorry, this is probably rude and it is just a wild guess. I guess you offended Gre
Adult Beginners Forum
Inkwolf, I too found Book 2 to be a lot more difficult. I got about 15 or so pieces into it a few years ago, and hit a wall and gave up. I started it again in January, and am only up to "Theme from "Solace". I found "Down in th
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by Macy @ 04/26/16 09:28 PM

Yamaha once made speakers in the shape of an ear and published this absurd advertisement. "Either we're right about the shape of our speakers, or you're wearing the wrong kind of ears." http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/frommerstop/media/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Markus03 @ 04/26/16 09:28 PM

Thank you all again for such great advice and suggestions. I know in the end that I will have to choose and not have others decide for me. Selecting a piano is extremely subjective and I had no idea it would be this difficult, but a very exciting e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque Themed Recital 2016 - General Discussion Room by Isabelle1949 @ 04/26/16 09:26 PM

I just listened to a few of the recital pieces. All I can say is, Wowza! Beautiful work. Thanks so much for sharing. I look forward to listening to all of the recital pieces. Thanks.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by laguna_greg @ 04/26/16 09:24 PM

Ben, I absolutely adore you! Do you teach? xoxo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by bennevis @ 04/26/16 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By laguna_greg I start the first two months by not letting the student touch a keyboard. Really??? How do you stop a student from playing his own piano at home - and probably making all the mistakes kids without teachers make -
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Asam Jackson plays Scarlatti by Ralph @ 04/26/16 09:19 PM

Kissin immediately came to mind when I heard Jackson's playing. He is in that class I believe.
Adult Beginners Forum
Fur Elise. I guess it's an easier version but I would rank it above, or at, most of the pieces towards the back of Alfred book 1. My teacher feels that this piece is good for practicing LH and RH independence and "pass offs" between them,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Asam Jackson plays Scarlatti by pianoloverus @ 04/26/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By RalphWe see so many wunderkins that it gets repetitious and old, but then every once in a blue moon there is one that really stands out above the rest. Except for the ones that are only great technicians(a fairly small percentag
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Flat Finger Technique by Isabelle1949 @ 04/26/16 09:14 PM

Does anyone use the flat finger technique for piano? I never heard of this until recently. I'm planning to work on it to see how it goes.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by iLaw @ 04/26/16 09:11 PM

I've always wondered whether sometimes a piano can't decide between two buyers. And maybe sometimes a piano hesitates in making up its mind about a buyer, and another piano comes along and snaps the buyer up. Food for thought ..... Larry.
Adult Beginners Forum
Couldn't remember the name of the effect of holding keys while playing others. It's called sympathetic vibrations. There is at lease one YouTube demonstration on this. Kind of interesting.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by laguna_greg @ 04/26/16 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By TimR So, start as a toddler? No. This methods works equally well with adults, better actually because their intellectual and motor skills are at their peak. Originally Posted By TimR Yes, for people who take lessons.
Page 57 of 89 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 88 89 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dirk Maassen interview - The 8 Pianos Project
by Pianodao
05/01/16 04:31 AM
The genious of Dudley Moore - A Beethoven sonata parody
by Beemer
05/01/16 04:23 AM
Pieces for the left hand only
by Pianist685
05/01/16 02:57 AM
May Piano Bar
by candlelightpiano
05/01/16 01:54 AM
New recital!
by JoelW
05/01/16 12:34 AM
Forum Stats
83,472 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,334 Topics
2,520,259 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission