Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
115 registered (AndyJoe, accordeur, ajames, arod7, ando, AmateurBob, 29 invisible), 1766 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesBest of luck with your plans to move back to the UK, Richard! Thank you, James. Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesI'm a little curious as to why you will be leaving the leafy pastures of Oregon, but that's perhaps bey
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Harmonic Analysis by musicpassion @ 11/24/14 08:57 PM

Do you emphasize the harmonic analysis of the music your intermediate and advanced students are playing? Of course you are probably teaching the ability with theory, but are your students able to quickly identify harmonies on the pieces they are pla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hailun 161 vs johannes seiler gs-160 by MainevilleMike @ 11/24/14 08:54 PM

We purchased a Hailun 161 back in May of this year. It is a really nice piano and we did not have any complaint about the quality of the piano. However, my wife liked it, but did not love it. We decided to revisit the dealer and try the 178.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: As a teacher would this irritate you? by musicpassion @ 11/24/14 08:52 PM

Yes I think that's fine. But ask your current teacher about performing opportunities they have. So many people don't like playing at recital that sometimes as teachers we don't tell students about everything (recitals and workshops) unless they as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Stubbie @ 11/24/14 08:51 PM

Tonight I played--NOTHING YET! Yikes, time to hit the bench. My spouse just finished his practice--several ragtime pieces and Moonlight Sonata (1st mvt). Interesting combo.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nonflammable action lubricant by SMHaley @ 11/24/14 08:48 PM

Some might suggest teflon powder is just as good. The jury is still out I think.
Originally Posted By: harpon still wondering why a $2 toilet plunger has technology, a thread end, that my piano doesn't? You're more than welcome to give it ago. Feel free to return with your findings and artist endorsements. Its generally safe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Studio Piano Purchase - Opinions Please by musicpassion @ 11/24/14 08:45 PM

Congrats! Enjoy the piano.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Way to Clean Keys on an Acoustic? by Little_Blue_Engine @ 11/24/14 08:44 PM

I just use a damp cloth.
Jump to new posts Re: Concert prep by SMHaley @ 11/24/14 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: S. PhillipsI have tuned since 1976 and only in the last 4 years have started using an ETD. I have to say that I use it but I don't really use it per the directions that came with the thing. Heck, I just started playing aroun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by Stubbie @ 11/24/14 08:38 PM

No single thing. 1. I enjoy learning something new. With piano, it's something new every day. 2. Piano engages both my brain and my body. It helps keep me sharp. 3. I've met and gotten to know several interesting people since I started piano. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you play for? by JohnSprung @ 11/24/14 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: dmdI enjoy the music I make as I play. Same here. This became more clear to me when I recorded some of my playing and listened to it later. I had no idea how bad I really am. ;-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Way to Clean Keys on an Acoustic? by musicpassion @ 11/24/14 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBA cloth dampened with some water, and maybe a drop of dishwashing detergent. Wipe the keys, and avoid having any water run down the sides of them. +1 This is what I do. There are also specialized products, such as Cory Key-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a pleasant discovery by dynamobt @ 11/24/14 08:27 PM

Stubbie, yes it was a concern. But, I'm satisfied with the results. The spiral binding is close to the inside margin of the measures. But, there is still some white space. They had to cut off a fair bit of the glued binding because there was so m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by Stubbie @ 11/24/14 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: verqueue I don't if it counts, but I'm asking Santa for a better microphone to make better recordings on my acoustic piano . Of course I would be glad of some good edition of Schumann Sonatas, but I don't think my family will th
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by Khollins @ 11/24/14 08:19 PM

Why not try a piece of plush carpet. This can had for next to nothing. Or place the piano on plush or thick throw run. My 2 cents
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a pleasant discovery by Stubbie @ 11/24/14 08:18 PM

I've been meaning to get that done with several of my books. Was there any concern about sufficient margin space for punching and installing the spiral binding?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gov. regulations (pending) affecting pianos with ivory... by Little_Blue_Engine @ 11/24/14 08:12 PM

I've been away from the forum for a while and finding out about this has got my panties in a knot. The government is doing such a good job of getting me peeved already and now they're working on making my 120-year-old piano into contraband. Lovely...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I don't feel challenged...am I moving too fast? by missbelle @ 11/24/14 08:11 PM

You are an adult,yet your teacher put you in the Faber Piano Adventures Primer? The one that sits horizontally, with the purple cover? Not advanced beginner or adult? I'd go crazy, also! record yourself, and learn to listen to yourself as you p
Jump to new posts Re: Serial # on a 1922 Steinway AR........? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 11/24/14 08:00 PM

Congratulations on your persistence in tracking it down!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Way to Clean Keys on an Acoustic? by BDB @ 11/24/14 07:58 PM

A cloth dampened with some water, and maybe a drop of dishwashing detergent. Wipe the keys, and avoid having any water run down the sides of them.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: doctor SThese aren't citations? (Not that I'm calling it "hard" science): http://www.anitacollinsmusic.com/useful-research-links/ Whatever they are (I didn't click the link), they aren't included in the video as so
Interesting stuff. Best of luck with your plans to move back to the UK, Richard! I'm a little curious as to why you will be leaving the leafy pastures of Oregon, but that's perhaps beyond the realms of this thread, and also none of my business. C
Jump to new posts Re: The DGX 650 Club by newbert @ 11/24/14 07:54 PM

I own the DGX640. Can I play too? That MusikStyle site sounds interesting. The link provided didn't work for me, however.
Jump to new posts Re: Concert prep by S. Phillips @ 11/24/14 07:54 PM

I have tuned since 1976 and only in the last 4 years have started using an ETD. I have to say that I use it but I don't really use it per the directions that came with the thing. Heck, I just started playing around with it and found it very usefu
Page 57 of 101 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 100 101 >
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Accelerating learning; iPad, apps, & my digital piano p105
by megabyzus
11/28/14 01:27 PM
A piano is a "value proposition".
by turandot
11/28/14 12:38 PM
How Old should Bass Strings be Before You Replace Them?
by Paul678
11/28/14 11:03 AM
My Blüthner
by joe80
11/28/14 10:30 AM
What to teach before transferring to a jazz teacher
by hreichgott
11/28/14 10:06 AM
Forum Stats
77074 Members
42 Forums
159419 Topics
2341833 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission