Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (AndyP, anotherscott, AZNpiano, angga888, 16 invisible), 1098 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: hreichgott From Vid's suggestions, I'm most in favor of the Scarlatti and Bartok and the work by a former teacher. What do other people think? Me too. The deadline is fine but I'm not totally against pushing it back.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Peyton The best thing you can do to get a good recording is just to practice the piece until you "own it". If nothing else you will be more relaxed even if you do make mistakes. This is the thing you can do that will
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin post waltz in A m by carey @ 12/15/14 01:47 PM

Alexander - Welcome to Piano World. My comments apply to all four of your posted videos. 1) Considering you have only been playing for three years, you are doing quite well. 2) From a purely visual aspect, it appears that you live in an alt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Things that make me laugh by joe80 @ 12/15/14 01:46 PM

Yeah! True that! A lifetime is only as long as you live, after all. I'm hearing marriage vows these days that instead of finishing 'for as long as we both shall live' or 'til death us do part', are 'For as long as we are married' LOL!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pop music rhythms by TimR @ 12/15/14 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: TimR I heard Robert Starker (famed cellist, recorded all the Bach Cello Suites) say once that the page is not the music, it's an imperfect guide to the music. You mean Janos Starker? Many years ago
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Wedding Reception by JazzPianoOnline @ 12/15/14 01:41 PM

congratulations on your gig joe! make sure you have played your hour of music many times before the gig. try some "dry run" gigs at senior centers or friends houses. video or audio record yourself playing. try to play through your entire
Member Recordings
Hey everyone, so I cloned myself and did a piano cover of "Something in the Water" by Carrie Underwood. Hope you like it! -Zach Evans
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YPG 235, should I upgrade or keep it by peterws @ 12/15/14 01:38 PM

The DGX650 is not light. Or small . . .but it has a built in stand which can easily be detached. If I was gigging, I'd go for something lighter. . . I used to gig with a Hammond. That wasn't light either! And i always got the heavy end. . .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin Etude Op8 No12 for Small Hands? by tomekkobialka @ 12/15/14 01:38 PM

I'm fairly sure that theoretically the D# to G# isn't meant to be arpeggiated, but many people (including me) do since it's such a large interval. I don't think the D# to F# is much different in that respect. You can definitely play this piece with
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Wedding Reception by JoeCPiano @ 12/15/14 01:36 PM

Hi, I'm playing a wedding reception for the first time this weekend and would love any tips or advice you can give me to put me at ease. I'm playing solo piano for just over an hour. Cheers, Joe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the modern piano... by prout @ 12/15/14 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: bnolsenThe sound and feel of a modern piano is pretty well established. Both upright and acoustic. Fascinating. So upright pianos and acoustic pianos are somehow different?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When do you decide to drop a student? by Nahum @ 12/15/14 01:25 PM

Only with a very advanced student -in 44 years I had few such.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When do you decide to drop a student? by AZNpiano @ 12/15/14 01:23 PM

I'll drop a student when I can afford to drop a student. Got to pay the bills first.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: rintincopYou guys ever perform for 5 hours? I've done three; wouldn't want to do five. What does that have to do with "breathing technique when playing fast"? Breathing shouldn't change according to the tempo of th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mistakes and loss of artistry when recording by Peyton @ 12/15/14 01:20 PM

I sure wouldn't worry about it. There is a lot of discussion about recording anxiety (red dot syndrome) every three months when the online piano recital comes around. We pretty much all have it. One thing I have realized... it's not so much I mess up
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Explain dominant 7th, please. by TwoSnowflakes @ 12/15/14 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: iLawOriginally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes ... She looks at me going through the mental motions and goes, "uh, here's your dominant 7th--B! Always one step below!" As written, that makes no sense to me, but I suspect
Adult Beginners Forum
Time to give this thread a bump up- maybe some Alfred #2 lurkers will pop out of the woodwork. Enjoying "Pomp and Circumstance" --it seems like a nice arrangement to me. Still working on some Meir and Kabelevsky pieces. And Christmas music
Pianist Corner
I'm okay with those choices. I think altogether it would be around 10 minutes of music.
Piano Teachers Forum
Folks I am doing 5 hour gigs and Jarrett breathing is not going to sustain me. I need sports marathon breathing.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Please advise me on a notation software. by Nikolas @ 12/15/14 12:59 PM

You need to differentiate between the recording and the score. Create the score and THEN create a recording that's to your liking. You can't have both.
Pianist Corner
You guys ever perform for 5 hours?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the modern piano... by bnolsen @ 12/15/14 12:56 PM

The sound and feel of a modern piano is pretty well established. Both upright and acoustic. Any modifications to the piano that cause the price to go up and only make a technician's job slightly easier without eliminating the need for a technician.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Explain dominant 7th, please. by joe80 @ 12/15/14 12:54 PM

It's dominant because it always feels like it leads to a tonic. Anyway simply put it's chord V7. Perhaps you were playing the G7 chord built on a B in a particular piece and it was just that you were playing it in the first inversion. Certainly if
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pop music rhythms by Nahum @ 12/15/14 12:52 PM

Imagine that you are required to continuously read written text - exactly pronouncing letter by letter as you were taught in first grade (similar to how I'm typing now in nonnative language) . I am sure that you would prefer to hear and recite the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: In The Mood by iLaw @ 12/15/14 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChina Do my eyes deceive me or is that Caryl Chessman playing the piano? Yes, your eyes do deceive you. That's John Payne, in the 40s movie "Sun Valley Serenade." You're probably confusing the scene with a
Page 57 of 100 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 100 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Blubbering and friction
by music32
12/19/14 03:22 AM
Merry Christmas!
by ZikO
12/19/14 03:05 AM
Urgent need of help to learn Songs
by Fominator
12/19/14 02:11 AM
Freaked out by how roughly movers handled piano, need advice
by kaustin
12/19/14 01:36 AM
Freaked out by how roughly movers handled piano, need advice
by kaustin
12/19/14 01:30 AM
Forum Stats
77349 Members
42 Forums
159972 Topics
2349280 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission