Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (Alexander Borro, accordeur, anamnesis, AmateurBob, 36 invisible), 1588 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Where to sell used digital pianos? by ColoRodney @ 05/21/15 05:09 PM

I usually use craigslist, and have managed to sell keyboards. It may be that we get more action than Vancouver gets. If you still have the box for the CP300, you could pack it, take it by a shipping store, and get an estimate of what it would cost to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going from a Yamaha upright to a grand by turandot @ 05/21/15 05:05 PM

[quote=J I felt kind of insulted when I got out of there. The good thing is that I did not buy my piano thinking I was going to trade up for a Yamaha. [/quote] I can understand disappointment, but don't take it as an insult. I don't sense a scam or
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Few questions from a beginner. by praisethesun @ 05/21/15 05:00 PM

Hello. Have a few questions; I'll try to compact them all in this thread. Bit of background: Age 14, started to learn the keyboard, how to read music with chords ect, for a year and a half. Left school and got a job, and struggled to find time. Age 2
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by BillM @ 05/21/15 04:48 PM

50. Cat_W (Katharina Wittfeld) - Nocturne - for left hand alone If I hadn’t watched your excellent video and just listened to the piece I wouldn’t have believed you were only using one hand. Very well played. 53. Piano_ Primo_1 - Stairway to Hea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Goldberg Variations discussion thread by beet31425 @ 05/21/15 04:43 PM

Continuing a series of pedantic, mathematically-oriented Goldberg observations, consider the inverted canons. In the first Goldberg canon, the two canonic voices are playing the same notes; in the second canon they're off by one step; in the next by
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose But many music schools - profit or nonprofit, co-operative or hierarchical - struggle for students just as much as independent teachers do. There are no givens in the arts in N. American culture nowadays. Next tim
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: varying the timbre of a grand piano by gooddog @ 05/21/15 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiMagic, too, is the "golden tone" of Rubinstein and Gilels.
Piano Teachers Forum
This came up in another thread. I believe there are three categories, not two. Aren't a lot of the arrangements with music schools and such more like subcontracting, or contracting, rather than employment? Those of us who are entrepreneurs have to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by JeanieA @ 05/21/15 04:38 PM

Casinitaly, I noticed a lot of 7 day practicers as well. You guys are definitely making me feel guilty . . . and determined to find more bench time in my days!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: M &H in 1990s by WhoDwaldi @ 05/21/15 04:35 PM

Was this era when M+H was building Falcone pianos, also?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How should I teach a 9-year old piano? by AZNpiano @ 05/21/15 04:35 PM

Yikes, gentlemen, please remember that we ALL had to start somewhere. I started with two of my younger cousins, neither of whom continued with piano much longer.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by casinitaly @ 05/21/15 04:29 PM

Looks like a lot of MOYD participants have replied to the survey Thanks Jeannie, Sam and Stubbie for getting this off the ground!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: varying the timbre of a grand piano by WhoDwaldi @ 05/21/15 04:28 PM

Magic, too, is the "golden tone" of Rubinstein and Gilels.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pollini plays Chopin Etude Op.10 No.4 by Art_Vandelay @ 05/21/15 04:26 PM

What exactly is "sloppy" about the Richter performance? He misses MAYBE a note or two, with incredible evenness at that speed.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By chopin_r_usOriginally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By chopin_r_usThe note itself is the sound minus all extraneous noise. I would argue that the piano's unique quality of sound is, in fact, the sum of the partial structure
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help a beginner choose a digital piano by Andre campana @ 05/21/15 04:19 PM

By the way, How hard is it to play these kind of songs? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjr6br6A96g&list=PLNNFKc8cJG2p6zU0LtgsmsB6CVVdpyme4&index=8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYsxUPdewG8&index=5&list=PLNNFKc8cJG2p6zU0LtgsmsB6C
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by chopin_r_us @ 05/21/15 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By chopin_r_usThe note itself is the sound minus all extraneous noise. I would argue that the piano's unique quality of sound is, in fact, the sum of the partial structure and the noise. If we remove the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How should I teach a 9-year old piano? by John v.d.Brook @ 05/21/15 04:05 PM

Peter beat me to the punch, but we're on the same page. Originally Posted By Macromind101I am trying to teach my 9-year old sister how to play the piano over the summer before she enrolls in a piano prep class at a local university this Fall..... So
Pianist Corner
To shed some light on accurate playing (from the other thread) I think the following work by Alberto Jonas is of substantial importance. From pages 219-300, 80 pages is devoted to this subject under 25 headings. Covering the mental and technical sid
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How should I teach a 9-year old piano? by Peter K. Mose @ 05/21/15 04:01 PM

Teaching your younger sibling is a bad idea. It's a worse idea than using the metronome with a beginner - which is also a bad idea.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Caine @ 05/21/15 03:59 PM

TwoCats- Thank you so much for posting your story- congratulations on your decision! I just read the entire thread today, and found it fascinating. In part this is because I am on a similar quest and yesterday played many of the same pianos you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 ABF Survey by joyoussong @ 05/21/15 03:57 PM

Thanks for doing this Jeannie !
I dont believe that studies where not conduct comparing the tone of a single note with different touches Volume (while that can be normalized probably for the study) STabilisation time (transients) from crash noise to tone Amount of partials AMoun
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: varying the timbre of a grand piano by gooddog @ 05/21/15 03:44 PM

Until I'm able to change timbre like my teacher does, I'll continue to believe it is due to nothing less than magic.
Jump to new posts Re: Getting rid of the smell of mouse urine by Brian Drost @ 05/21/15 03:37 PM

Good thread! Long story short: I'm trying to clean up behind a mouse who urinated while running across the keyboard. "He" never got into the action, so no damage there. The piano is still in excellent condition...only about 5 years old. I'm
Page 57 of 101 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 100 101 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Any good cliches to recommend listening to ?
by indigo_dave
05/25/15 12:53 PM
Yamaha upright "J" model? Question....
by mivaldes
05/25/15 12:05 PM
Studying Piano in a German Conservatory
by Pianist93
05/25/15 11:53 AM
Switching from a Korg Triton - suggestions?
by cullam
05/25/15 10:37 AM
Bolan silent system
by Stefan_578
05/25/15 09:48 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,413 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,321 Topics
2,410,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission