Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which Would you Choose? by Semolina Pilchard @ 07/26/14 05:21 PM

Thanks all for your thoughts. Sounds like I should definitely audition the 400! I definitely want to have stereo capability for the piano, so, whilst the ZXA1 is undoubtedly a good unit, I can bring the Stagepas in for little more than a cost of one
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by Parks @ 07/26/14 05:19 PM

Faris, to answer you questions about bringing out lines and phrasing: sing them. Very literally, use your own human voice. Whenever a teacher has asked me to sing something in a lesson, it never goes well. They do that to demonstate an idea. To r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by pianoloverus @ 07/26/14 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: beet31425"Born in Brazil, Arnaldo Cohen began playing scales at the piano at the age of 21." Strangest first line of a pianist's bio I've ever read. -J Apparently it's an error and should read "2" or "
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by carey @ 07/26/14 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveHere is what John Eliot Gardiner explained about the Mendelssohn quote (and the reason I think he put that quote in his book is because he felt wholly unsatisfied with his attempt to describe the meaning in Bach's pas
Piano Forum
@BDB and musicpassion: Thank you so much for the clarification! I did poke around online and discovered what the pinboard was and warning signs to listen for that could suggest it is cracked, namely failure to hold a tune and certain keys routinely s
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Young-Chang by MargaretUK @ 07/26/14 05:12 PM

My first rented piano and first one I've touched properly for almost 40 years!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Practicing with rhythms or slow practice? by rov @ 07/26/14 05:09 PM

Which is more efficient?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Hearing loss from playing piano by rov @ 07/26/14 05:08 PM

Playing piano can cause hearing loss?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by Pover @ 07/26/14 05:02 PM

Phantom, I get what you're saying, but his musical ideas and imagination are not quite appropriate, as BruceD quoted me saying. His are not ones I would imagine using, to be honest. He told me to hammer out the LH while playing waltzes, so I did that
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: michaelhaI almost bought a 2004 C3 with the previous Disklavier/Silent system. At first I was also hesitant to have semi-old tech in a piano, but then I accepted the idea and think there are some neat features in it that might
Here is a short excerpt: Digital Piano: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-480 Voice Used: Grand Piano (1) Song Title: The Stars & Stripes Forever - arranged by Vladimir Horowitz (and I perform it from a revised transcription) Method of Recording: Stereo a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: GadzarEach time we talk about different kinds of octaves, we have BDB posting against its existence. But I know several tuners that make great tunings and they have ever heard a word about iH. Though they don't tune true ET. A
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by toddy @ 07/26/14 04:51 PM

The HP series is aimed squarely at the classical music player - demos tend to be of Mozart or Chopin, typically. The HPi series by Roland may have been the first to seriously address incorporating the new technology into music teaching systematically
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by torquenale @ 07/26/14 04:45 PM

I'm following your journal Sam, it's great!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by torquenale @ 07/26/14 04:44 PM

After taking part in two recitals in a row, I feel sad because I will not take part in the next one. In August I don't have Internet connection for most of the time, except when I use the smartphone for that. And I don't have my piano, I use a very b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha B Series Price Question by DancerJ @ 07/26/14 04:39 PM

So I went to a local Yamaha dealer today and got prices of B series. I wonder if they are good prices. B 1: $4,399 B 2 (Ebony): $4,999 B 3: $5,999 They all come with 15 year warranty and first free tuning. But I have to pay $175 for delivery. The d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar and techy question by ladypayne @ 07/26/14 04:34 PM

Starr Keys: your song sounds great too me. Lovely playing I did a rather quick arrangement of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I recorded this piece through my midi keyboard so I'm really just curious what you guys think of the sound quality or if you l
Each time we talk about different kinds of octaves, we have BDB posting against its existence. But I know several tuners that make great tunings and they have ever heard a word about iH. Though they don't tune true ET. And When I try to explain the
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Weakky... composition: Youtube piano composition link I don't know what you think about it ... If you like it and are motivated to learn it, is all that matters. Originally Posted By: Weakky... I'm self-taught, therefore I
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by BDB @ 07/26/14 04:18 PM

I like the "Needs tuning." On the other hand, composers have written music for toy pianos.
Piano Forum
I'd sure hope they would after all, if your willing to give anybody that kinda money for something ,you should expect to be able to look at everything and nit-pick it the same as you would a car or a house. I've asked James (nicely of course) if h
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by sullivang @ 07/26/14 04:11 PM

Dave, Many thanks for sharing your expertise - absolutely fascinating. I liked your playing a lot too, in those demos. Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by tdv @ 07/26/14 04:04 PM

http://grandrapids.en.craigslist.org/atq/4557609176.html For only $300 you can have this "piano"?!! I have never seen anything like it in real life and hope not to.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by beet31425 @ 07/26/14 03:50 PM

"Born in Brazil, Arnaldo Cohen began playing scales at the piano at the age of 21." Strangest first line of a pianist's bio I've ever read. Another good interview-- thanks. -J
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by slipperykeys @ 07/26/14 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: CyberGene Classical musicians are kind of neglected by Roland as it seems. It can arguably be confirmed by the slightly overprocessed and punchy piano sound which isn't suitable for classical music but that is totally personal o
Page 57 of 122 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 121 122 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
72 registered (bennevis, Al LaPorte, Abby Pianoman, 36251, AndrewJCW, 21 invisible), 1297 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156278 Topics
2295092 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with dynamics
by noobpianist90
07/30/14 03:53 AM
Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments?
by chicolom
07/30/14 02:35 AM
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
07/30/14 01:58 AM
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
07/30/14 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
07/30/14 12:15 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission