Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (Anne'sson, 36251, Albunea, 29 invisible), 1445 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by Albunea @ 10/05/15 05:26 PM

Today I could only see one.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Is this an improvement? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 10/05/15 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By Phil-60Here is my harmonisation to the Motive I used in my Tutorial -developed by 'TheHappyPianoMuse - https://musescore.com/user/5004706/scores/1268431 Turn your volume down -because it plays back very loud - I am SO sorry I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hardest Chopin Etude? and other questions.. by debussychopin @ 10/05/15 05:21 PM

1) I believe this has been answered satisfactorily here in this thread. However I would like to add , in my experience, the middle section of 10 3 is as hard as any etude I actually practiced or dabbled in. This is an etude in itself. Others have dif
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Did Liberace ever play the Moonlight 3rd mvt? by Plowboy @ 10/05/15 05:18 PM

Sounds like Chopin to me!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU REACH ON A PIANO AND HOW TALL ARE YOU by ChopinLives81 @ 10/05/15 05:16 PM

My maximum reach is a 10th which I can play with even with 4-6 note chords, but that would be at a moderate-slow pace. If we're talking about playing fast passages, then a 9th is my comfortable max. I'm 5'4
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By VidTrick question? There are 4 voices in there. When I saw the subject line, my first thought was: "What melody? There isn't a melody." To me, it's a texture, with some vaguely melodic emphasized notes, sort of as
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another noob query on used Steinways... by pogmoger @ 10/05/15 05:12 PM

I'm in agreement with the others who suggest a good thorough search through London's piano dealers is in order. A couple of years ago, I started looking for a used Steinway myself - and I will admit I started there purely due to name recognition. But
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Nocturne Op.48 no.1 questions. by ChopinLives81 @ 10/05/15 05:11 PM

Here's a new recording, a bit longer and hopefully a bit more rhymically accurate. I may have been a bit erratic at times with my dynamics, but that's me trying to control my digital with a slow piece like this. It's not easy. BruceD, the overpoweri
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talented Transfer Students by bennevis @ 10/05/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By bennevis I've met a number of people who used to have lessons when they were children, but gave up early on. One or two had less than six months' worth of lessons. Yet, all of them still remembered th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2000's Baldwin L Artist? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/05/15 05:07 PM

You should hire an independent technician to inspect the piano. If it passes with nothing beyond some regulating and possibly key re-bushing the price is low.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By CareyActually at least three local competitors carry the various brands mentioned. I was speaking specifically to the mention of Mason & Hamlin, Carey. I am sure you are correct though.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Fully Tempered Duplex Scale" Tech article coming March by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/05/15 05:04 PM

I am pleased to announce that I have been granted a U.S. Patent. The patent number is 9,117,421. I am still pursuing some additional claims.
Pianist Corner
I think size posts are fishing for reassurance, generally (although the OP has plenty of reach to work with). I was told that I would grow into certain technical things requiring large hands. That stopped a little sooner or smaller than I'd hoped. S
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By sorOriginally Posted By Ataru074Sor, would you define somebody who knows very little about something and who has no ambition about developing anything different from mediocre? and not according to what "I feel" but acc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by Troy 125 @ 10/05/15 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By DeeMaxxnevermind And I forget just why I taste Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile I found it hard, it's hard to find Oh well, whatever, nevermind
Pianist Corner
I told you that Harmonies du soir is more difficult than people think. 😀
Adult Beginners Forum
Yes, this debate is a bit silly. Had the elitists insisting on "proper" music educations prevailed we wouldn't have jazz or blues at all. I strongly encourage everyone here to get a teacher but if someone just wants to have fun and doesn't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by Piano*Dad @ 10/05/15 04:54 PM

Now we're cooking!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Prodigy by 8 Octaves @ 10/05/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By CeldorAs to me, well, I will probably never achieve what they have already achieved but we've got to enjoy what we have I think I am good enough to enjoy piano Well, just look at it this way. While most of the world's best c
Pianist Corner
It's harder with piano though. In a masterclass the teacher will give some advice, then it's like "ok go work on this for a week then it will sound better". It is difficult to get results immediately, but that's the nature of our instrument
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talented Transfer Students by AZNpiano @ 10/05/15 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene All 3 were working on Minuet in G, and one of them really could only play by ear. Technique was not even touched on with any of them, and there was no effort to teach them good practice habits. Scary, isn't it? There's
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Harmonies du soir - progress has apparently halted. by debussychopin @ 10/05/15 04:37 PM

Ive noticed this phenomena as well. I get teaching technical aspects and getting a student to interpret a piece according to what the composer wanted if the student seemed to be steering off track. But when someone already plays something performance
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by Markarian @ 10/05/15 04:34 PM

The only way is Steinway, a sound investment that grows and grows over the years. Don't buy a Shigeru or Estonia. Those are Stein-was. Your upright is worthless, see if you can find someone to take it off your hands for free. Buy the piano that sou
Pianist Corner
Easy, he is a kid.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 5-Finger Position? by AZNpiano @ 10/05/15 04:31 PM

I don't know what Chopin did with his student, but I have used the whole-tone hand position to teach basic technique. In particular, I use that to un-do bad habits in students who were previously taught to play with extremely curved (almost curled)
Page 57 of 101 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 100 101 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why Is It So Difficult to Switch Between Pianos?
by newbert
31 minutes 49 seconds ago
Been gone for a year - What's new ?
by mitzysman
47 minutes 14 seconds ago
Anyone ever learn a piece as if you've already known it?
by ChopinLives81
Today at 12:14 PM
Use digital piano as a reference to tune acoustic piano?
by jungle_VIP
Today at 11:28 AM
No acoustic piano experience
by Edb123
Today at 11:25 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,983 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,408 Topics
2,453,402 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission