Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
104 registered (armani, anotherscott, ando, AndrewJCW, Albunea, 37 invisible), 1263 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which is better Petrof or Kawai? by KurtZ @ 08/28/15 11:13 AM

The only important thing is that I wanted the OP to be informed so they could make intelligent choices. Kurt
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Nikki_85 @ 08/28/15 11:09 AM

1) Sonatina Op. 55 No. 1 - Kuhlau 2) Waltz in A minor - Robert Vandall 3) Minuet - Jean-Baptiste Lully 4) Give Thanks - Henry Smith arr by Carl Seal 5) March - Jeremiah Clarke 6) Minuet - Jean-Philippe Rameau
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Connecting Kawai VPC1 to Kawai CA65? by MacMacMac @ 08/28/15 11:03 AM

Lucky Luke: If you're willing to bear the expense of two pianos, is it really necessary to produce the sound solely on the CA65?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who made my piano? by guyl @ 08/28/15 11:02 AM

Chickering Brothers was also established in 1892... They were in Chicago (Chickering and Sons was in Boston).
Jump to new posts Re: Connecting Kawai VPC1 to Kawai CA65? by lucky luke @ 08/28/15 11:02 AM

hi all, thanks a lot for all your inputs! I really appreciate your help!! we will have the situation where one player uses the sustain pedal and plays legato while the second player plays staccato without pedalling. so yes, two independent sound so
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Alexander Borro @ 08/28/15 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By mwfNew video of the lx17 and information on new modelling here - https://youtu.be/m9ULont8SbQ Featuring Matt Damon As much as you can't beat sitting behind one of those things to try and experience the whole package, I reali
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] Imagine Dragons - Roots (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ 08/28/15 10:47 AM

https://youtu.be/YIKLsr3G0KU
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Abba's Dancing Queen piano up for auction by RaggedKeyPresser @ 08/28/15 10:45 AM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the saddest piano song that you have ever heard? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 08/28/15 10:43 AM

Although, the cradle was rocked by the foot of that woman.
Pianist Corner
Hi, Aly! For me, the "saddest" solo piano pieces I've encountered (meaning played and studied) are these: Brahms -- Intermezzo, Op 119, #1 Rachmaninoff -- Sonata #2, 2nd Movement Barber -- Sonata for Piano, 3rd Movement Scriabin --
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by UnderConstruction @ 08/28/15 10:38 AM

Looks very interesting indeed! Just wondering if anyone could explain to me what the key differences between the LX7 and the LX17 are?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Bill, Thank you for taking up my comment in your text. Mark, Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPT- According to my research, hearing differences in faster beats is easier. Average sensitivities are 12bps @ 2%, 5bps @ 3%, and 1bps @ 6%. That's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who made my piano? by Rich Galassini @ 08/28/15 10:31 AM

The logo looks a bit like Petrof's but they are too old: Two companies that I know of that were established in 1892 were Schiller of Chicago and Becker Bros. of New York. There were others. I just don't know of them. I hope that helps a little
Jump to new posts Re: Presentation thread by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/28/15 10:30 AM

I think I remember Mr. Trump exclaiming that "He is the most humble person in the world!" But that can't be right because I am! (It is just no use being humble about how humble one is don't you think?) Otherwise no one will notice
Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPT This one case only needs to repeat Part 1 of the tuning exam to finally become an RPT at age 72 or 73, whatever he is at the time when he finally succeeds after 11 attempts already. In my view, it will be the gr
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff Musical Moments , Op 16 No 4 by Tim Adrianson @ 08/28/15 10:21 AM

Hi, B747! I pretty much agree with Incongruous on the performance --- although it has an appropriate speed, the overall effect for me is quite noisy and clattery rather than truly exciting. I went to YouTube and listened to both Rachmaninoff's own
Pianist Corner
Piano? Song? This:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Abba's Dancing Queen piano up for auction by terminaldegree @ 08/28/15 10:20 AM

So, if we buy that piano, does that mean the world will no longer be subjected to the dreadful Abba song again? That alone would be worth bidding!
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ 08/28/15 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By bananasushiJay, May I ask what the targeted subject/audience for each piano is? I know anyone could buy any model, but for example, is the LX7 or LX17 intended for concert use with their larger projecting speakers? If that is the
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by prout @ 08/28/15 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By CJMOriginally Posted By proutOne can only hope that he does not keep them vibrating in a vertical plane. Talk about no sustain! This, with respect, is nonsense. Originally Posted By proutIt would seem that any trick to force str
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Abba's Dancing Queen piano up for auction by Rich Galassini @ 08/28/15 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By Thrill Science Even more interesting than Abba is this: Quote:Bolin’s piano was built for the American jazz pianist and composer Bill Evans, who died in 1980. Yep. That is a whole lot more interesting. Thank you Thrill.
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement Hammer Question by Seeker @ 08/28/15 10:10 AM

Thanks to all who took time out of their busy days to respond to my question. Ed - It's clear to me from reading your posts, particularly a recent one about your teaching visit to a Chinese factory, that you are a knowledgeable and capable guy. Tha
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Who's crest is this? by sknight751 @ 08/28/15 10:03 AM

Need to identify the maker of my piano. Who's crest is this?
Jump to new posts Re: Presentation thread by bellspiano @ 08/28/15 09:47 AM

Thank you, Olek, for your concern. Some thoughts: 1) This is an open forum, so I don't think we can require anyone to do anything (maybe Frank could, but that's not the way he's set it up). 2) The poster's filling out the profile honestly and complet
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Abba's Dancing Queen piano up for auction by Thrill Science @ 08/28/15 09:44 AM

This piano was originally custom made for Bill Evans: Quote:The piano on which the glissando that kicks off Abba’s disco hit Dancing Queen was played will be one of the star attractions at a rock and pop auction at Sotheby’s next month where it
Page 57 of 77 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 76 77 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano purchasing approach, used or new?
by Hendrik42
09/02/15 08:28 AM
Almost philosophical.. or practical. Roland vs Kawai
by pe2Dave
09/02/15 07:24 AM
Introducing myself
by Danedashoh
09/02/15 05:32 AM
The domino effect of fingering, wrong fingering and recovery
by bananasushi
09/02/15 03:00 AM
New video: The most visible piano in Vancouver?
by fazman
09/02/15 02:13 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,590 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,617 Topics
2,441,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission