Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
137 registered (Andrei Kuznetsov, Alexander Borro, ABC Vermonter, accordeur, ando, 36251, 38 invisible), 1585 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by lolatu @ 11/26/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By GarfWhy does the HP series have the little pins to keep the score book open, but the LX doesn't? The music rest on the HPs are on top of the piano, spinet-style. The music rest of the LX-17 is the lip of the fall board. So any p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming Injury - Personal Stories by ajeales @ 11/26/15 03:28 PM

Anyone else?
Pianist Corner
I think what bothered her was that I held my hands up for just a couple seconds in the heat of the final moment, but the orchestra held it for a bit longer, so I was sitting there slightly awkwardly for a few seconds.' The concertmaster lowered her
Thank you Alexander for adding your opinion on The Gentleman. Yes, I would like to have one upright in my arsenal, that's at least one of the reasons why the Definitive Piano Collection (DPC, from now on) appeals to me. I agree with what you said ea
Jump to new posts Re: Tested a bunch of Kawais & Rolands today by lolatu @ 11/26/15 03:17 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Keep and eye out on the second hand markets for an HP-307 or HP-503/5/7 - they have the PHA-3 / Ivory-Feel S action like the FP-80. Most people seemed to think PHA-4 was an upgrade, but the feeling wasn't universal.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My ragtime/stride arrangement of Cantina Band by fingerbreaker @ 11/26/15 03:17 PM

Believe it or not, I had to upload another new version. Here is the NEW link: https://youtu.be/JlPsbelNa8g?t=2m6s
Pianoteq Pro is 30% off, including upgrade from Stage and Standard. I don't have a reason to upgrade though. AAS deals are interesting. I think I will get Lounge Lizard.
Jump to new posts Re: Tested a bunch of Kawais & Rolands today by Garf @ 11/26/15 03:04 PM

That's what I'm planning to do, the question is which one? The F140R is an option too. I know I listed a bunch of negatives for it but the flaws aren't fatal and I respect the limitations of its price point. The store rents DPs, including CA15 and
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA 17 by Timpskie @ 11/26/15 02:50 PM

Does anyone know if the HI-XL sampling is used for all the sounds ons the CA-17, or just the EX and SK-EX? In other words: does the "mellow grand" for example have lower quality samples than te EX of SK-EX?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Better Equal Temperament Sequence? by rysowers @ 11/26/15 02:45 PM

I was a strict aural tuner for 20 years before I really started experimenting with the ETD. My past experience with ETDs was mostly in relation to administering the PTG tuning exam. Participating in a Master Tuning is a good exercise in the limitatio
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: THANKSGIVING by neciebugs @ 11/26/15 02:37 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!
Jump to new posts Re: Tested a bunch of Kawais & Rolands today by Charles Cohen @ 11/26/15 02:31 PM

You found two pianos -- the CA17 and CA65 -- that you really enjoyed, and one (FP-80) which you found better than "OK". That's much better than: . . . "I didn't like _any_ of them." As often happens, the good stuff isn't cheap.
Jump to new posts Re: Any Black Friday/Holiday sales of virtual piano software? by Alexander Borro @ 11/26/15 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By TheodorNCongratulations on your first Christmas gifts, may you have lots of fun with them, I'm sure you will. Also, thanks for sharing your first impressions. I also find the internal voices of my Casio a bit dull, though I have
Pianist Corner
There is a great difference between theatrics and normal movements that occur as a result of being fully engaged in the music. If you exhibit little movement or facial expression when you play, the audience may think you are not involved with the mu
AAS (Applied Acoustic Systems) is also having a sale. I don't think they have any imitations of acoustic DP's, but "Lounge Lizard" is a great Rhodes / Wurlitzer program, and their tuned-percussion software ("Chromaphone"?) looks
Pianist Corner
If at the end of the concerto and you placed your hands on your laps too soon that could kind of break the moment. That would be a musical reason to keeping still so everyone can process the end of the piece. In a symphony orchestra you will see play
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Frank. by Retsacnal @ 11/26/15 02:06 PM

I don't think you missed anything! Good catch. Happy birthday, Frank! (Birthdays are something to be thankful for)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can I teach?! by Nahum @ 11/26/15 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By keystring I think it is important for every student, and not only those who are on a career path. For making music to be enjoyable, you need a certain foundation to base yourself on or you remain limited and everything can be a
That's why I said it may be far-fetched, but I *think* there would be plenty of people who'd choose the former, for a similar price, and I also think that there are enough people who go for the VPC-1 especially for the keys, and not for the slab form
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Better Equal Temperament Sequence? by UnrightTooner @ 11/26/15 01:48 PM

This all reminds me when Conn strob-o-tuners were used to set the temperament, sort of, and then cleaned up. The idea was to save time. I did not attempt it at the time, but I have tried such a thing with Korg tuners, but when there is an obvious err
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The versatile Angela Hewitt by thalbergmad @ 11/26/15 01:47 PM

I do admire her Bach, but i think she should leave Liszt alone. Her recording of the Liszt sonata was pretty dire. Thal
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsHow long they practiced and how they practiced is uncertain. I can provide the steps and explain regularly how important practice is, but ultimately, many of my students do not "drill" specific sections
Originally Posted By mcollI would make another guess as to withholding the CA-17, but it may be just a "conspiracy theory". It's possible that they're not selling it because they would have to price it close to the VPC-1 price, and it would
Beautiful Mason & Hamlin. It looks, though, as if it's awfully close to the fireplace! Regards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday Frank. by Steve Cohen @ 11/26/15 01:37 PM

Did I miss a thread that wished PianoWorld owner Frank Baxter a Happy Birthday. [I think its his 102nd!]
Page 57 of 95 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 94 95 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beginner Study - 'Galop' D. Kabalevsky, Op. 39
by AndrewJCW
11/30/15 07:11 PM
Galaxy Vintage D: Occasional Pop/Hiss
by newbert
11/30/15 07:11 PM
Best key action for non piano sounds between Kawai RH2 / RH3
by Fer De Armas
11/30/15 06:32 PM
Yamaha Uprights - YU vs YSU
by Aussie99
11/30/15 05:42 PM
Starting out as a tech - referrals/partners
by qebbu
11/30/15 05:28 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,613 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,699 Topics
2,471,282 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission