Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
67 registered (Arty Movie, Alexander Borro, 8opus, Beemer, alwatson, AZ_Astro, 14 invisible), 1662 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ballade/Fantaisie op.4 by Jérémie Lhomme by xSense @ 02/17/17 01:33 PM

i don´t hear unity , that is the problem maybe there is but without score can't say much , but this isnt an atonal work(those u need the score to explain ur idea ) is a jazzy piece. debussy did music like that but he used the cells of the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another opinion seeker for upright piano by Davdoc @ 02/17/17 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeOriginally Posted By gnuboiA better question would be do most students, even those who can go on to conservatory, need that authentic grand action? In the case of those who will go on to study as piano majors (pa
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The company who shall remain unnamed did a crappy reproduction for me once. Never again.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Confidence issues by DiarmuidD @ 02/17/17 01:26 PM

Good advice from everyone. Playing in front of people really is a separate skill. I have similar problems. In school once (I was about 11) I was due to play in front of everyone and I never made it to the stage. I came to in the nurses office. I pass
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The organ makes for a wonderful (if not awkward) conversation piece. Imagine trying to say something like " my, that is a big organ you have", and keeping a straight face. There was a retired grade school teacher in our condo association
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by BruceD @ 02/17/17 01:16 PM

There are no easy pieces in this list, and they all have different difficulties. Moreover, one particular technical difficulty may not be as difficult for some as it is for others. As for interpretive difficulties, that would depend upon an individ
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by Jake Jackson @ 02/17/17 01:16 PM

I'm finding a different sound by turning on the Octave, and then slightly detuning it by 1-3 steps AND keeping the volume of this added octave low, to under 50%. This thickens the sound, as though the unisons were a bit detuned, without calling too m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by cmb13 @ 02/17/17 01:14 PM

Wow such great comments! I am learning Moonlight Sonata myself and will have to reread ZRTF90's a few times this week! It's a little above my level but after about a month I pretty much have it down and I'm just working out some tricky spots such as
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's most beautiful melody by dogperson @ 02/17/17 01:12 PM

@BruceD Agreed..... that made my ears hurt
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's most beautiful melody by BruceD @ 02/17/17 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By johnstaf There ought to be a law!!
Piano Forum
Concert grand numbers may not be the same as other numbers. You can usually get an idea of the age of an old Knabe by looking for a date on the underside of the hammer rail.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Scale Resources by emenelton @ 02/17/17 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By beeboss I was meaning the augmented scale (i.e. C Eb E G Ab B C) not the lydian augmented scale (i.e mode of melodic minor) I wasn't familiar with that scale. It treats an augmented chord the same way harmonic at the third t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student has another teacher?? by Minna @ 02/17/17 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano My absolute WORST students right now have nothing but piano as their extracurricular activity. They spend most of their days playing with friends, talking on the phone, watching TV, and generally wasting their little li
Thanks Wuffski, I didn't go to the links as I don't have time at work to sit through a lot of youtube videos, but I'll check them out when I have a free moment.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano sounding terrible by BDB @ 02/17/17 01:04 PM

It may just be a bad piano. Hyundai is not known for the quality of its pianos.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Knabe 9 Ft. Concert Grand Serial Numbers and Dates by Brent Audi @ 02/17/17 01:04 PM

1865 - 10000 1870 - 13000 Looks like it was built between 1865 to 1870. That is awesome. What is the history of the piano? Have any pictures to post?
Originally Posted By GombessaOne of these days someone is going to have to explain the popularity of the organ to me. (...) I just can't imagine kids going to music shops and taking organ lessons. This is all a fascinating new world. Did you follow
Originally Posted By Dave HorneI just love how they feel the need to label every note on that keyboard. I kind of see it like having a pony bottle in scuba. It's an EXTREMELY frequent "common sense" concept that nearly all beginners fee
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing a Piano by Minna @ 02/17/17 12:53 PM

I don't know about C3X with silent system but I got a quote from one Yamaha dealer in Southern Calif. for $30K recently. Hope this give you some reference point. This is a first quote so I am assuming there should be some room (but not much I guess
I just love how they feel the need to label every note on that keyboard.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by SirJohn @ 02/17/17 12:47 PM

Youtube video from GAK piano https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k75vJTN3XVI
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cosmic Dance by xSense @ 02/17/17 12:46 PM

yeah the space . i get it ur point , add some poly rhythm to b section and making the more traditional harmony a little more modern and compose an A' section more like the A (rhythm ) and use the actual A´ as a coda . man work .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's most beautiful melody by johnstaf @ 02/17/17 12:41 PM

Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing a Piano by Classical Pianist @ 02/17/17 12:38 PM

Unfortunately I live in a wooden home with neighbours and if I could play acoustically all the time, I would go for a non-silent one. But, when there are people around, I need to practice in silent mode. There are times when people are not around and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by CRP @ 02/17/17 12:34 PM

second batch 31. Sam S - Sonata K380 Very nice rendition, I think this will sound great at your recital with some additional work! 33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme nice and well played, I definitely enjoyed it! 34. that'sRich - Night in May didn't
Page 57 of 90 < 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 89 90 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Greetings!
by Maik
27 minutes 50 seconds ago
Piano Software (Flowkey) is it worth while for a beginner?
by Phillsmit3
Today at 03:00 AM
Elderly Students
by hello my name is
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Kawai UST-7 vs UST-9
by anninkc
Yesterday at 05:44 PM
Jimmy Webb & Jeffrey Biegel 2/25/17 NY
by Piano World
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,756 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,638 Topics
2,600,682 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission