Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new (to me) piano by musicpassion @ 07/07/14 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: davidglennWould love to see and "hear" this piano! Congratulations on this rare find. I'll keep looking for you to post pictures and maybe a recording soon! Just heard from my technician, and it looks like Thursday w
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Request For Help Re: Pianist Corner Forum by chopin_r_us @ 07/07/14 02:51 PM

When oh when are the piano powers that be going to come up with a play-by-wire system? Then we can choose any keyboard with any piano. I know the technology is there - so where's the will?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
A little more JSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MXXbQH1mqw&list=PLP5BZzcdRkq21rE5SoYC33Nxltdam8TPG&index=23 Orchestral Grand plus some verb added. Other recordings I made there are very old and use the VERY old PMI Bos. My 2 cents: ev
Adult Beginners Forum
I don't think there is any special etiquette. Just don't spill your beer on the keyboard.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: How I spent my holiday weekend by Rickster @ 07/07/14 02:47 PM

Ouch! That's scary, Eric. Glad you are okay, other than having a lot of clean-up to do. Rick
Jump to new posts Re: Some problems about PX-150 by Lester Burnham @ 07/07/14 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: galaxy4tYes the PX-130 has a three sensor action. Thanks, good to know. All the same, the PX-150 has an improved action, notable improvements to the sound engine, and at least in the UK, a new PX-130 is more expensive than a P
Jump to new posts Re: English Challen Baby Grand piano by ando @ 07/07/14 02:44 PM

A teaching colleague of mine has exactly this piano in her studio. It's surprisingly nice to play. Nice touch and responsive action. Not a huge bass, of course, but better than I expected when I sat down to play it. It's likely to be in need of some
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Re: Organ Mobility by wouter79 @ 07/07/14 02:43 PM

Ah, that's a SMALL organ ;-) That's the weight of a good upright. Also not something you usualy do yourself Might this be something
Piano Forum
I did. It was the Yamaha Avant Grand N1. It was kind of a disaster (which I have enumerated in greater detail in the digital piano forum). Besides, even if my experience was a pleasant one, these pianos start way above the quoted price range of the
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Steve CohenHere in the US we have a saying..."you get what you pay for". Have a technician look it over before moving it. Ah come on, Steve, I thought you were a gambler? We have another saying, "what happens i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How slow is your slow practice? by Atrys @ 07/07/14 02:39 PM

Kreisler put it well in a different form of "as fast as you can, as slow as you need." If the saying doesn't make sense to you, this might: Given some piece, there are things you will want to work on, fix, correct, make better, whatever.
Jump to new posts Re: Some problems about PX-150 by galaxy4t @ 07/07/14 02:38 PM

Yes the PX-130 has a three sensor action. The action is improved in the PX-150.
Adult Beginners Forum
After requesting and receiving approval from the host, you can play as long as you want until you are asked to stop, provided you know what you're doing.
Piano Forum
Brian, didnt you have a yamaha hybrid? Did you enjoy the sound and action of that?
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Rich Galassini In spite of my recommendations we have families that choose to preserve a piano that doesn't make sense to do from a financial standpoint. But Rich, doesn't that just underscore that financial considerations
Piano Forum
First off welcome to Piano World You will probably hear a variety of opinions on your topic, which is a good thing I think. Consider my situation: Almost a year ago my wife and I started taking piano lessons as adults. Based on my research we
Adult Beginners Forum
>>To be honest, if it's a party, I also intend to attract some girls' attention, since I am single. I love this bit. I really do. It's amazing how true that actually is. There's something incredibly attractive about seeing someone else perform
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Composition Competition 2014 by Ritzycat @ 07/07/14 02:26 PM

I think you just need to PM the links/files of all necessary documents to larryz
Originally Posted By: peterws"Pete, your recording is prefaced by a 30 second advert that can't be skipped and I'm afraid my life is too short for that so I can't comment on your recording." Thanks for that; somebody else said the same. D
Originally Posted By: toddyEssbrace's review is really bracing, I think because he articulates some things I sensed but didn't really put into thoughts. Though I'm not sure I agree about the comparison between the CN34 and MP11 - the latter has a sof
Originally Posted By: PathbreakerI'd love to hear your thoughts on if it's better/worse or just the same. https://app.box.com/s/6rk0plazteiozwkcj5t9 The interpretation might seem a bit dry (regardless of slightly faster tempo), it's mostly just
Piano Forum
I'm looking to get a piano for my nephew who recently started lessons with the Suzuki method. What piano would you recommend for someone with a budget of 2k? I grew up playing a Casio Privia digital piano purchased in the 1k range as a gift in like
Jump to new posts Re: Request For Help Re: Pianist Corner Forum by Ed Foote @ 07/07/14 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Originally Posted By: Ed Foote one faculty here didn't want the Renner equipped M I had finished to play below 56 grams at C40. Any lighter and she felt less engaged with it. .Ed Foote is confusing two separate functions
Jump to new posts English Challen Baby Grand piano by Paul678 @ 07/07/14 01:51 PM

http://tucson.craigslist.org/msg/4520755412.html Owner was not sure of the year. She said it was restored at some point, but doesn't know details. Looks like maybe 5' 3" ? Anyone know about this brand at all?
Adult Beginners Forum
I think a lot depends on the kind of gathering and the attitude of the host. Personally, I love it if people ask to play the piano at my house. I feel it's there to be played (as long as no one puts drinks on it!). But at some parties and for some p
Page 57 of 99 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 98 99 >
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
95 registered (A Guy, Atrys, Anticlock, Austin D, 22 invisible), 1260 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75336 Members
42 Forums
155778 Topics
2287332 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Emergency help!
by Parks
07/10/14 11:36 PM
Pain in my lower back, help!!
by rov
07/10/14 10:55 PM
If there were only 2 choices..
by ChopinFan66
07/10/14 08:04 PM
symphonic pianomusic
by dolce sfogato
07/10/14 06:16 PM
First Digital Piano - Casio AP250 or Roland RP301?
by Jorgeb
07/10/14 02:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission