Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
88 registered (AprilE, AZ_Astro, 36251, Anne'sson, AndrewJCW, accordeur, 23 invisible), 1313 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai kg-2d what do you think? by ebonykawai @ 07/24/16 07:25 PM

That's great, Lee Ann, so glad you have many different brands to try! I almost purchased a Kawai RX-1 but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price, which was just a bit too high. The RX series are lovely pianos. I like the KGs, as well. Hope you find
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Help . . What is this tune? by charleslang @ 07/24/16 07:23 PM

I was at one of those outdoor public pianos today and someone played this tune: First phrase of unknown tune I want to learn it, but I don't know the name of the tune. I recorded me playing the first phrase and that's the link. I have heard the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP 30 iPad music page turning apps by ElmerJFudd @ 07/24/16 07:03 PM

Is there a matching triple pedal for the FP-30? Roland suggests the single pedal DP-10 as accessory. Roland does make the RPU-3 triple pedal. But it has R/C/L cables, 3 in total. And the FP-30 does not have input for this. You have to go up to
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by hreichgott @ 07/24/16 06:51 PM

I'm using more or less the same rubric as AZN.
Jump to new posts Roland FP 30 iPad music page turning apps by Consul50 @ 07/24/16 06:34 PM

I just got my new Roland FP 30 yesterday, and I bought the matching 3 pedal board and the furniture stand. It says that the 3 pedal board can help anyone by turning pages of music by pressing the last pedal on the left. Does anyone which apps I can
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: fingerings for this walking bass line? by dire tonic @ 07/24/16 06:25 PM

Coltrane? No useful connection AFAICS. Nor Dr John's Iko Iko , a very different beast, very tenth-sy in the LH so the thumb has no choice but to trace out movement without assistance - and it's slow movement. But it's a reason enough to get prac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai kg-2d what do you think? by Rickster @ 07/24/16 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By Lee AnnI was the only one in the store, besides the salesman, and he was in the office on the phone the whole time, so I played the heck out of these pianos for about two hours. That was fun! That's great to hear, Lee Ann! It's
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: do I need to remove grooves in hammers? by Blues beater @ 07/24/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By ZMaestroMy grand is 15 years old, and played 1-2 hrs per week. The hammers still have their teardrop shape, but there are visible grooves. Should I steam them to remove the grooves? Or file them? Or just leave them alone? C
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher music by Peter K. Mose @ 07/24/16 06:14 PM

Keep a few items as personal treasures. As for the rest, you'll find that piano teachers are often asked to take stuff like this, yet typically have little use for it. That's in N. America,at least. You could speak to your local chapter of a piano t
Jump to new posts Re: Safest and effective way to clean around tuning pins by Chris Leslie @ 07/24/16 06:04 PM

My portable vacuum has a back portal for positive air flow, and the hose has a fine adapter for blasting a thin flow of air. There is also a bypass hole in the adapter with which you can use your thumb to control the amount of bypass air and thus the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help from other adult beginners and/or piano teachers by Charles Cohen @ 07/24/16 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By Yeva . . . Saranoya, yes that is similar to what she uses. Except she doesn't have the chord names as is shown in the example, she'll just write Fa for F or La for A. Sometimes she'll write a combination of the two, like Fa-C-Fa.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher music by Candywoman @ 07/24/16 05:51 PM

My suggestion is to give it to a piano teacher. Over time, she can gradually sell some of them for $4 each. I think you will have a very hard time getting buyers.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good price for a used Steinway Model M? by terminaldegree @ 07/24/16 05:45 PM

If you like this specific piano, I would suggest negotiating much harder on the price. In addition to the good information here, most technicians are able to purchase and use Steinway action parts easily, if they want to use them. (it's a hotly deb
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts My Steinway M by MaryMM @ 07/24/16 05:37 PM

Am awaiting the restoration of my Steinway. Until it takes place my wonderful tech has it playable. I am enjoying the living daylights out of playing it and reworking technique and compositions new and old. I never felt this sort of drawn to feeling
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 9 foot young Chang concert grand by joe80 @ 07/24/16 05:20 PM

Seriously, Nathan, everyone on this thread is right. Davdoc has made a very good point about spending the money on a good teacher and having your Kimball serviced. You need a teacher who knows about tone production, and knows how to teach you to prod
Piano Forum
You could be a better piano for cheaper from any number of rebuilders. I wouldn't worry about whether a Steinway is all original or not, I'd rather have a well set-up Steinway from a quality rebuilder. They approach their work as a labor of love.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai kg-2d what do you think? by Lee Ann @ 07/24/16 05:15 PM

I went back to look around this afternoon. The piano is a KG2, not a 2d. I played it again, and I do like it. I also played a Kawai RX-2, It was the rosewood color (I think). I took some pictures of several of these pianos, and I will post them l
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding between CA67 (maybe CA97) and HP605 by Paul Mann @ 07/24/16 05:10 PM

I played a Roland HP-605 and then a Kawai CA97 both through headphones, 2 days ago. I prefer the Grand Feel II on the Kawai CA97 and also prefer the piano sound on the Kawai, because the Roland HP-605 had an irritating effect when I was playing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170, 1980 or 2010? by maple2red @ 07/24/16 05:08 PM

Hi Ed, Thanks for replying to my post. I haven't hired a technician to inspect them yet, but will surely do it before I buy. Both pianos have warm and deep tone which is what I like. The 2010 has been a display model at an official Bosendorfer d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want BIGGER Pedals!!! by DanS @ 07/24/16 05:05 PM

Perhaps pedals with a different shape could help. pedals Your tech would be able to get them cheaper, fyi
Piano Forum
you are truly drawn to this piano. I would work closely with my the. Talk with him/her away from the dealer. See what is good about the piano and what is possibly a problem with it nor, or in the future. You are buying a piano to satisfy you and you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170, 1980 or 2010? by joe80 @ 07/24/16 04:48 PM

Yeah, just remember a lot can happen to a piano in 6 years, and even more can happen to it in 36 years..... have them inspected by a technician and go for the better instrument. Also, don't restrict yourself to Bösendorfer. Since you are already i
Originally Posted By MaximillyanOriginally Posted By rXd Of course a relatively inexpensive small compressor that runs from household electrical mains is the usual and most effective way but probably not cost effective for only one piano. It will dis
Adult Beginners Forum
There's a book... https://www.amazon.com/Sergei-Rachmaninoff-School-Musicianship-Technique/dp/1480112186 I have it, but I can't recommend or not recommend it since I've been stuck on other things.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by AZNpiano @ 07/24/16 04:28 PM

When students finish learning sonatinas and maybe Mozart K. 545 and/or Beethoven Op. 49, they are generally ready to tackle Advanced Level repertoire. Bach Inventions and Brahms Waltzes are also borderline between Late Intermediate and Advanced. Th
Page 58 of 64 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 63 64 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I am getting older, all my pianos are sounding brighter???
by Blues beater
Today at 06:29 PM
Kawai MP11 - some keys sticking out a little
by Nickeldome
Today at 05:39 PM
Is Publishing Unfingered Scores Just Lazy or Cowardly?
by WhoDwaldi
Today at 02:49 PM
Debussy- Cortot Edition
by dogperson
Today at 12:16 PM
Recording myself.
by Jack Gately
Today at 10:14 AM
Forum Stats
84,468 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,230 Topics
2,544,217 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission