Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (APiano, AndrewJCW, anamnesis, 36251, Amosdoll, AZ_Astro, 26 invisible), 1690 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The word for "practice" in your language? by ghosthand @ 08/19/16 04:58 PM

The Swedish word for "piano practice" is "pianoövning". Övning also means "exercise".
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New member..new question :) by Gillette @ 08/19/16 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene Definitely. It is more equipment than you use now, but then you open up yourself for a much better instrument in the long run. A decent audio interface will run you around $100-$150 USD, depending on your specific nee
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Ralphiano @ 08/19/16 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By Mario2015Originally Posted By RalphianoOriginally Posted By Mario2015Originally Posted By ebonykawaiHi Mario, Here's PA's blog, it's a bit more in-depth: https://pianoadventures.com/2016/01/28/level-3b-playing-fast/ Drop touc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Liszt's 2nd concerto by tend to rush @ 08/19/16 04:30 PM

I'd recommend posting this in the Pianist Corner sub-forum. This is the piano forum - about the instruments themselves.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to identify good piano dealers? by Jean Claude @ 08/19/16 04:11 PM

My oldest friend in the piano trade, sadly now deceased, a tuner who had worked for a good many shops during his lifetime, once told me that it is very easy to identify a decent and honest piano dealer. Just look for one who is over four metres high
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Quote:I own an otherwise stable upright that is about 115 years old. It has two relatively small cracks and no buzzing. Fix, or leave it alone? Leave it alone!
Piano Teachers Forum
You people might be scaring the OP. After all, he is a Prodigy, and I've seen piano teachers who ask more than $480 per hour. Not in my small city, but I've seen it on the internet. We have a saying in Spanish (though I can't see it in google...I
Pianist Corner
As keyboard music, I don't think there's any doubt that Scarlatti was far more inventive than JSB in his keyboard writing. He exploits effects that Bach never does - guitar strumming, quasi-impressionism, variety of textures, rapid repeated notes etc
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca97 or Casio gp500, pls help by Pocomoto @ 08/19/16 03:41 PM

Correction, the speakers+amp in CS11 are exactly the same as in the CA97, the only difference is how it looks. I would not recommend the LX-17 for exam preparation, it plays very nice and high quality, but IMO too easy to play compared to real acous
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New B2 orB3 vs reconditioned U1 or U3 by Beacon Chris @ 08/19/16 03:34 PM

The B3 is pretty nice. I'd probably prefer that to a U1 from 75. I don't have super new info, but I think Yamaha still dries and mills all of its important wooden parts including boards, bridges, and action parts in one factory in Japan. Probably
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by MeganR @ 08/19/16 03:22 PM

31. Alexander Borro - ABC Elements Really like this, I found myself sitting quietly to listen, such a pleasure. 32. CarlosCC - No Holly for Miss Quinn I wasn't sure which Enya piece this was just reading your description and then, the first notes:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help with Liszt's 2nd concerto by longfingers @ 08/19/16 03:17 PM

Dear fellow pianists I'm learning Liszt's 2nd concerto (how hard it is!! ), I've already memorised a bit more of the half of it, but I just can't get to play some passages on tempo without tension, like this one with massive octave work and diminishe
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES8 & ES100 Giveaway (US only) by ElmerJFudd @ 08/19/16 03:04 PM

I'm entered, but waiting for confirmation email. Papa needs a brand new ES8! I'll let you cats know when it arrives. The ES8 that is, not the email. Now... Where am I going to put it. Maybe in the office next to the porch. Hmm, what I really
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai ES7 or Brand new ES100? by rohanj @ 08/19/16 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By Doug M.Originally Posted By YoheiOriginally Posted By rohanjOriginally Posted By Doug M. If the ES7 is anywhere near as good as the ES8, then there is no comparison: go with the ES7 me thinks. Also, I the ES7 action is better t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Does this count for what? As a contribution to "Pianist Corner"? Goodness, yes! Why not? Even if it's not "piano," surely we are interested in hearing your performance, one which was delightful to listen to, including that aug
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Morodiene @ 08/19/16 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By JoeT Suggestion to manufacturers: Include an option to switch the piano on by pressing the piano keys (or the pedals) themselves. Could be combined with Auto-Power-Off. +1 Nice idea!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Second opinion when buying used from a store by Arghhh @ 08/19/16 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose Some technicians relish this judgmental role; others may find it difficult to give an opinion that the store might not want to hear. Be sure to hire a technician who doesn't have pianos for sale! Benefit of car
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 08/19/16 02:27 PM

Richard, you just gave me a lesson on how to approach a new tune . . . in contrast to my own method, which involves figuratively headbutting a brick wall until it collapses, or I just flop into bed knowing I`ll get no sleep that night. . . Well, it
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca97 or Casio gp500, pls help by peterws @ 08/19/16 02:16 PM

Make sure you have a dealer nearby who will sort things out if there are problems . . .that must be first priority imo.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ 08/19/16 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By m8118Thank you, the damp cloth did work. I knew eventually I would use a damp cloth... but... does anybody have the same experience? PHA-50 gets tacky and sticky... differently from other keyboards... ? Have never heard of t
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Jay Roland @ 08/19/16 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By BellicapelliI suppose this is a common use, but not everybody's piece of cake. I am bugged to have to switch my piano on, for instance. Suggestion to manufacturers: Include an option to switch the pian
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by spanishbuddha @ 08/19/16 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LHaving tested a N1 (and top range DP), I plan to buy one N1... And will surely use it with some of my virtual pianos. Hopefully, Line-in plugs will enable me to use the N1 speakers. You should research first of all
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Masterpieces of Piano Literature Re-Evaluated by Orange Soda King @ 08/19/16 01:47 PM

I agree with Bruce. Bach and Scarlatti both wrote great keyboard music, but it's hard to just place anyone on equal footing with Bach... Though that is definitely not a slight against Scarlatti, who was obviously a masterful composer. I've been liste
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES8 & ES100 Giveaway (US only) by emenelton @ 08/19/16 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacThey wanted my phone number. Heck no! I have been in their store and bought an ES6 there so the phone # did not raise a flag. I hope I win! and they don't sell my phone number to telemarketers .....
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The word for "practice" in your language? by phantomFive @ 08/19/16 01:42 PM

repasar in spanish is kind of like rehearse, or review, or pass by again.
Page 58 of 73 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 72 73 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway CEO Michael Sweeney Out
by iObsessed
Today at 09:38 PM
Is piano popular in Middle east?
by marmagedon
Today at 09:16 PM
Seeking piano teacher in Houston, Texas.
by Piano90X
Today at 08:26 PM
Does anyone have the Yamaha P-115 ? Please help me !
by Davidkian
Today at 06:31 PM
Single note repetition - technique
by modernpianoman
Today at 05:34 PM
Forum Stats
84,757 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,724 Topics
2,550,099 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission