Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
180 registered (Alexander Borro, ajames, 255, accordeur, A Guy, 45 invisible), 1546 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By anotherscottIThough on a side notes, has anyone ever gotten a really authentic vibe through headphones? I wonder if they can ever match what you can get through speakers, even if only because of the way you can get real room refl
Jump to new posts Re: N1 adding external speakers by Saskatuner @ 02/26/15 11:21 PM

I was in much the same frame of mind as VID, a simple controller that most accurately resembles a grand. My first thought was the VPC 1, then I started reading about the longer keys on other Kawai models, which I played a couple of at a store. Well
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a few pesky notes louder than others by KurtZ @ 02/26/15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By KurtZ ...pianos are not omni-directional radiators. Virtually all the frequencies are emitted in all directions. Kurt I don't think you meant this contradiction. You're absolutely right. K*
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever and Beats by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/26/15 11:10 PM

I just found these posts in the FAQ section and am wondering why they are here and why some have so few responses. It seems since they are FAQ they should have some fairly concise responses. At the risk of getting the "why are you responding to
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading for advanced student by John v.d.Brook @ 02/26/15 11:09 PM

BTW, there are many truly excellent modern/contemporary books which are graded as well. I particularly like Alexander's Jazz series. It's intermediate level for the most part, but my guy students are loving the sounds. Meanwhile, for the gals, I f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading for advanced student by John v.d.Brook @ 02/26/15 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By Angela62213Hi there everyone! I am a teacher improving my own study at the moment. I work every other week with a piano teacher. But my question is this; are there any really good methods for improving sight reading? I can pretty
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a piano-need some advise please! by Groove On @ 02/26/15 11:03 PM

As a starting point, I found this video helpful.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reproduction legs etc. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 02/26/15 11:01 PM

One Centennial with broken lower treble plate strut. My guess is the design differences were because Steinway was working out the proportions. I have never rebuilt a Centennial.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by John v.d.Brook @ 02/26/15 11:00 PM

For social occasions, all students should learn at least these three: Happy Birthday Auld Lang Syne Star Spangled Banner (US students) At least that's what we do here.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do rebuilders pick out a quality Steinway core? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 02/26/15 10:58 PM

I don't know of any "talking Chinese pianos".
Pianist Corner
Schiff gave a masterclass on the Moonlight, as well as two other Beethoven sonatas, that I found informative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85KJkpbh_us There's some nice insight on sound quality, as well as the depth of the interpretation.
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic level sampling for digital pianos by MossySF @ 02/26/15 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By AlmavivaThe Roland V-Piano Grand and Yamaha AvantGrand N3 sound like what I am seeking, but those prices - Yikes! The Roland RG-3F and Yamaha AvantGrand N2 are more modestly priced and don't take up as much space, but I'd rather
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Help by Rally @ 02/26/15 10:52 PM

I suggest posting your request for suggestions over in the 'Pianist Corner' forum. There are many capable and helpful pianist who are active on that forum.
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to hear "Beats" by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/26/15 10:50 PM

I have designed a band pass filter that will pin point the beats. The power in this device is that it produces exactly what the trained tuner's ear hears. However, I have stumbled upon this crazy trick that actually creates a band pass filter with yo
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by Kawai James @ 02/26/15 10:45 PM

Philip, may I ask which controller(s) you were using prior to the AvantGrand? Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by Philip_Johnston @ 02/26/15 10:16 PM

My upgrade path (over many years) has been PMI Old Lady ->Ivory -> Ivory II -> Garritan CFX. The Garritan is the first that I've felt comfortable making performance videos with. As a point of comparison, you can hear audio recordings I'v
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Mazurka Op 50 # 3 by Cinnamonbear @ 02/26/15 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By carey[...] Originally Posted By pianoloverusIMO the tempo changes go miles beyond rubato and sound inappropriate, more just like a rhythmic problem. My suggestions is to practice it with a metronome and then add some rubato as de
Originally Posted By PhJ.Hmm, ok, but I'm not sure how that relates to the actual information. He is taking the info from a German board : http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/verbaute-tastaturen-sammelthread.435157/ We like to have a wisecrack e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronomes - good or bad? by TonyB @ 02/26/15 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By malkinIt's just a tool, like a hammer or a drill or a kitchen mixer. It serves its purpose when used well and correctly. Used incorrectly it can be useless, annoying or harmful. A good, solidly built metronome can probably se
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by pianoman9 @ 02/26/15 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By pavanne1 That being said we all know of the stories about college graduates who can't play Happy Birthday without the sheet music, this is not good either. That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to avoid with my students! Also, s
Pianist Corner
I'm reminded of this current thread on the Piano Forum: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2391101/This_made_me_laugh....html#Post2391101 You can hurt yourself shucking clams (or is it opening oysters?). Anyway, I don't do that ki
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a few pesky notes louder than others by ando @ 02/26/15 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By KurtZOriginally Posted By pianoloverusWhy not have the few notes voiced down the next time the piano is tuned? This could easily be five minutes work and no additional charge. You can't fix the
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by toddy @ 02/26/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By Philip_Johnston Haven't tried the Ravenscroft yet, but the CFX blows everything else I've tried out of the water Before making these recordings with the CFX, what other digital pianos and VSTi have you tried? The perennials on
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by MRC @ 02/26/15 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By WillMedicOriginally Posted By MRC My experience is the contrary: the DPs I have tried all sounded better to my ears through headphones than they did through speakers. Are you using high-quality headphones? I thought I was, they
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by Philip_Johnston @ 02/26/15 09:44 PM

LFYM - I'm adding to this because you mentioned you were a classical pianist. All the videos below were recorded using the Garritan CFX, and are designed to test the credibility of the instrument as a classical recording option: https://www.youtu
Page 58 of 117 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 116 117 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Unknown (to me) Grieg Op 3
by jdw
03/02/15 07:32 AM
Dynamic Quality of recordings
by peterws
03/02/15 05:47 AM
Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano
by Dwinchester
03/02/15 01:38 AM
Recording your practices
by Anita Potter
03/02/15 01:23 AM
Yet another hand coordination question
by nw31304
03/01/15 11:07 PM
Forum Stats
78,370 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,992 Topics
2,378,738 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission