Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
57 registered (barbaram, beet31425, Albunea, bennevis, augustm, 6 invisible), 1094 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: varying the timbre of a grand piano by Michael Sayers @ 05/22/15 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By joe80Whenever you say 'Steinway D' to any pianist in the UK, they're thinking of a Hamburg Steinway D - or any Steinway D whether it's a D or D-274. Most people don't really care so much, although granted you make an interesting
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Rich Galassini @ 05/22/15 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By twocatsThank you, all! I still can't quite believe it's happening! Will be probably another 3-4 weeks before I get Bo home, as we get our funds together and schedule the shipping. I will definitely post photos then! I don't t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The "piano meastro" - anyone ever buy/use it by Lester Burnham @ 05/22/15 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By Thomas BOriginally Posted By ColoRodneyThe written music tells you the notes, but most sight readers quickly learn to analyze the notes in terms of music theory as well. You don't need a "Dm" printed above the staff to
Jump to new posts Re: The "piano meastro" - anyone ever buy/use it by Thomas B @ 05/22/15 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By ColoRodneyThe written music tells you the notes, but most sight readers quickly learn to analyze the notes in terms of music theory as well. You don't need a "Dm" printed above the staff to recognize a D minor chord. Af
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by earlofmar @ 05/22/15 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By casinitalyOriginally Posted By johan dI was just thinking about the idea to send the same pieces for future recitals, 1 year later, so one can hear what's happened in a year. Or why not start a new thread "Recitals Revisited
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: First day at piano camp by Rich Galassini @ 05/22/15 06:53 AM

Enjoy every minute! You must be a kid in a candy store this week. Keep us posted and we will understand if you are posting at 2 am Eastern time.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha MM8 by Morodiene @ 05/22/15 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By SelfTaught99Thanks for the input! I really want the MOXF, but my budget is saying stick it out with the MM. I think I'd much rather save up for the MOXF because you get what you pay for when it comes to gear. Thanks, K.D.W Ma
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: varying the timbre of a grand piano by Michael Sayers @ 05/22/15 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By proutTo me, it is all about the player's approach to the agogic principle. In my use of the term 'agogic', I mean not only the length of the note, but also the instant that it is played relative to the pulse of the music. A lo
For me, the PX-150 already has more than I really need. What it doesn't have is line-outs which both the PX-350 and the new PX-160 do have. But the stores that list the PX-160, list the same price (€699) as the PX-350. As I see it, it's either a
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 sustain pedal (F-30) woes by Morodiene @ 05/22/15 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By KaftanToo foot jump start when pressed. Kawai bought 2 months ago. Warranty can not be changed. Far carry. I tried to calibrate - did not help, although it became a little better. We'll have to disassemble and look very problem.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: J. P. Schiedmayer, G 314 by wimpiano @ 05/22/15 06:39 AM

It's very likely that it's not the model. If you have a serial number people might be able to help you with the age and perhaps model. Also, our fellow PW member Withindale has a Schiedmayer und Söhne upright, it's possible he can help you out wit
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By dire tonic This is how it should be done. Arranged by a pianist, at his own level, and with consideration for the scope of the piano. dire tonic, you constantly forget the initial question: Must a pop piano TEACHER to be abl
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by lophiomys @ 05/22/15 06:05 AM

Hello IMOL, Don't know what to explain more. The key clicking got more and more audible over time. Maybe some videos would help? YT: MP7 Edwin Key Clicking D4 short YT: Kawai MP7 Edwin RH2 KeyClicking C2 C3 The replacement MP7 "Maria&qu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by johan d @ 05/22/15 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsCos mine'd be worse. . . ! You'll be suprised
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ 05/22/15 05:45 AM

cycled 141 kms today and taking a casual 7 hours away from piano I think I have finally got over my obsessive piano phase. Now I am just an extreme piano hobbyist
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 05/22/15 05:41 AM

Cos mine'd be worse. . . !
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by earlofmar @ 05/22/15 05:39 AM

welcome grace_note (what a great name). You can make great progress in a single year with a good teacher and diligent practice so it won't be long before you are a level 6 trapped in a level 3 body
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pollini plays Chopin Etude Op.10 No.4 by trigalg693 @ 05/22/15 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesThe main thing I hear from Richter is a maniacal kind of duality going on.. very even, quiet running figures and extremely violent chordal outbursts. Exactly, Richter is playing pretty evenly but he has his "vio
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by IMOL @ 05/22/15 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By lophiomyslaughingbear, ..... Only after 6 months mine started to develop some irregularily distributed clicking noises, because some rubber part unter the key started to stick to the hammer, because some teflon powder seemed to
Originally Posted By indigo_daveI came up with my little arrangement of "Come Together". Bluesy. One little section I faked. Not sure of it. Pardon the squeaky chair. https://soundcloud.com/david-goethe/cometogether2 Excellent! This is
Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By dire tonic I must do a volte-face and say, no, there is no point. Save yourself some time and use commercially available piano music. As a teacher I have 2 periods: before Sebelius, and along with it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: varying the timbre of a grand piano by joe80 @ 05/22/15 04:56 AM

Whenever you say 'Steinway D' to any pianist in the UK, they're thinking of a Hamburg Steinway D - or any Steinway D whether it's a D or D-274. Most people don't really care so much, although granted you make an interesting point. Regarding this vi
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by Hendrik42 @ 05/22/15 04:47 AM

As far as I know, in Germany, everything you buy online has 14 day return. Exempt are only perishables (some foodstuffs), hygiene articles that have been opened, stuff like that. An other exemption is private sellers, as in non-commercial e.g. on e
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Accuracy - How to play without striking wrong notes by Incongruous @ 05/22/15 04:43 AM

Economical playing. No big or wasted movements. Every movement should have a purpose. Do you really need to lift your hand/fingers so high to play? It is actually safer to play nearer to the keys. The big Lang Lang movements can come later when you f
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By StubbieInteresting read. Thanks for posting it, deeka. Quote:"Hmm..." James mumbles. "I don't really like lima beans and I hate okra," he confesses. "That's too bad," says the master. "Unfort
Page 58 of 102 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 101 102 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recital Revisited
by johan d
05/26/15 01:58 AM
Yamaha 1982 YUS Action material
by Weiyan
05/26/15 01:15 AM
Old Sample Pianos
by lgarcia
05/25/15 10:49 PM
What well-known piano piece does this opening resemble
by hreichgott
05/25/15 09:13 PM
Pure G1G4 and G1B4?
by Weiyan
05/25/15 08:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,419 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,337 Topics
2,410,498 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission