Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
151 registered (821, ajeales, Al LaPorte, ajames, agraffe, 36251, 37 invisible), 1471 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: √Čtude nr 2, in C-sharp minor by Stephen_Doonan @ 02/05/16 01:27 PM

I like your Etude very much. Yes, the left hand part sounds very demanding, especially for smaller hands such as my own. If you have a page at SoundCloud or other location on the Internet, with recordings of others of your compositions, please list
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by dmd @ 02/05/16 01:25 PM

Of course, a good teacher is best. But if that is not an option right now ... If you are interested in classical music ... http://fundamentalkeys.com/ It might be a little simple for you in the initial stages but if you skip through it and fi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Portable recording device for serious practice by JohnSprung @ 02/05/16 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZNow if I could just stand to record myself. Yeah, there's always that psychological thing. With digital you can always just delete it, and there's usually enough capacity to record for many hours. So, one thing to try is
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by Strat @ 02/05/16 01:23 PM

I worked in a movie theater when I was younger and the technology hasn't changed much if at all. There definitely was an easy way to crank the sound up or to bring it down. I had numerous complaints that the sound was way too loud. It's basically de
Adult Beginners Forum
I have been playing the piano for nearly 50 years and the pump organ some years before that, so I'm what you can call "an experienced amateur player". I'm not very impressed by this "system", because actually it is nothing but ver
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Returning to play after 35 years ! by HappyHelen @ 02/05/16 01:17 PM

Hello. I played the piano between the ages of 4 - 15 years and gave up (due to being a rebellious teenager!). I have always wanted to return but the opportunity has never presented itself, until now! I was a Grade 6 theory student when I stopped.
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by leel @ 02/05/16 01:14 PM

Thank goodness. It's NOT just me! Going to the movies is painful.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by PianoWorksATL @ 02/05/16 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusIs the plate the usual color found on other Estonia models? In the picture it looks somewhat different(more yellowish), almost as if it was chosen to match the light veneer. Is this model the previously available Vic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A bit OT; Playing some music with my two sons... by WhoDwaldi @ 02/05/16 01:07 PM

OK, play "Flop Eared Mule" like this guy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XWMGBRa18 (More old time than bluegrass, but a classic . . . )
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clp 545 Versus Kawai CA 67 by Denisica74 @ 02/05/16 01:03 PM

I'm from a modest country, and this first DP was a sacrifice for me but now is great joy ...thank you unseen friends...
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clp 545 Versus Kawai CA 67 by Denisica74 @ 02/05/16 12:58 PM

Thanks!Your advice was important to me. We chose Kawai.
Pianist Corner
Hey everyone. Due to extreme time constraints, I have to apologize for not being able to do the Mozart K.331 1st movement and submit it. If anyone else wants to do it they're free to do so. Sorry again!
Jump to new posts Re: External Speaker System by The Monkeys @ 02/05/16 12:54 PM

Thank you Charles for the suggestions. PA systems will deliver much louder volume, but how is the sound quality for piano? How do they compare to the build-in speaker?
Adult Beginners Forum
3 pages sort of learned and mostly memorized, the last page still to be fingered...And plenty of time left for polishing and recording...or so it seems...;)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 6 months on... by outo @ 02/05/16 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By Ataru074 And again, let's don't confuse "practice" with "having fun". Oh, why do you people always say things like that? There's nothing more entertaining than a proper intense practice session!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by JL16 @ 02/05/16 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesBachus, yes, that would be rather nice, although the 'do-everything' controller market is incredibly price competitive - I wonder if using a wooden key action would make such a product too expensive for most consumers?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By CeldorOriginally Posted By QazsedcftYou're doing 1 hour a day only exercises or 1 hour a day in total? Exercises shouldn't be more than 20% of your time and the rest should be on repertoire and musicianship (sight reading, ear tr
Piano Teachers Forum
With my current teacher I started using the Suzuki books, they are simple but I could really fell progress song after song. I was practicing daily 1 hour, then I played around another 2 hours using software for "composing" (I like electro
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by wouter79 @ 02/05/16 12:37 PM

I just hit on this from 2000 which confirms that the volumes are standardized http://www.cinematechnologymagazine.com/pdf/movie%20loudness_Cinema%20June%2000.pdf Since the 1970's, movie theater audio was normalized to 85dBc which is safe to sit in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rudolf Escher, "Arcana", a masterpiece? by Tim Adrianson @ 02/05/16 12:35 PM

Hi, dolce sfogato! Well, I listened to the entire suite "cold" -- meaning that I have never heard of the composer before, and had therefore no preconceptions of his style. My main "takeaway" after listening was the heavy influenc
Adult Beginners Forum
I started learning the piece I signed up for back in early September. By November, my teacher said good, done, put it away. With the holidays and now my current work schedule, I have not had a chance to do anything about it. I need to bring it bac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by mom3gram @ 02/05/16 12:16 PM

I don't think so, Brian. At least not now. I bought the PA 2a and also the Alfred Premier 2a to see which one I like best. I'm also trying to re-learn some if the first pieces in my Alfred Adult Book 2, but I think they are STILL over my head.
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by wouter79 @ 02/05/16 12:16 PM

Yes I also find the volume levels there way too high. Last time the volume was about right with my 15dB pro ear plugs in ... I think the public expects not their hearts but their bones to be shaken :-/ 105 dB?According to this the maximum exposur
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by WhoDwaldi @ 02/05/16 12:15 PM

Desk and leg envy. To address pierced music desk envy, I purchased a wooden music stand and placed it next to my piano. (I do need a stand for viola.) http://www.misterstandman.com/victorst.htm To address fancy leg envy, I put a plaster statue in
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recital Video: Frescobaldi, Barber, Janacek, and Liszt by Tim Adrianson @ 02/05/16 12:08 PM

Hi, Brendan -- thanks for the posting! Particularly for the Frescobaldi and the Janacek -- IMO, both of them sound like no one else in the composing world, and you very rarely hear either one. In the Sonata, I can sure hear premonitions of the op
Page 58 of 87 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 86 87 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas
by gooddog
51 minutes 53 seconds ago
Kawai US7X or Yamaha U3A and anyway to clean Ivorite?
by Winkplay
Today at 08:53 AM
Avg velocity&sensor positioning vs impact[Kawai,Korg,Ya
maha]

by vince961
Today at 07:06 AM
At age 45, what are the limitations?
by sam abdel
Today at 04:52 AM
Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano
by TwoThumbs
Today at 04:37 AM
Forum Stats
82,532 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,384 Topics
2,493,850 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission