Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
96 registered (beet31425, Almaviva, AZ_Astro, Anticlock, angga888, 24 invisible), 1192 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diversity in Music Education by Michael Sayers @ 01/23/15 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaOriginally Posted By: iLawOriginally Posted By: Troy 125 So if the school has Essex, Boston and Steinway, wouldn't that offer some diversity? Hah! There are some who would say (and not in a kind way) that if the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by scorpio @ 01/23/15 10:10 AM

Alright so I couldn't help myself, I went and did the factory reset. Same process. Same result. Embarrassing. So maybe it's the pedal?
Adult Beginners Forum
WiseBluff, yes, let the musically ambitious heart and mind rule! FarmGirl--so much music, so little time! My AOTW: At my lesson this week, my teacher said my "tone" was much improved. We have been working on this.Also, this week, my t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too young for piano? by Ben Crosland @ 01/23/15 10:05 AM

I'm happy to start them as young as 5. Not too keen on them being younger than that, mind. I mostly use materials I've composed specifically for that age-group, and then introduce the pink Dozen a Day book when it feels right to do so. The main thi
Pianist Corner
Quote: My only criticism is that some of it sounded too loud with the YT volume set at the half way position and my computer speakers set at 100%. Other than that I though it was very beautiful. Thanks! Yeah I'm still trying to figure out the volum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by Indigo890 @ 01/23/15 10:03 AM

I just got the piano a week ago.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by scorpio @ 01/23/15 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesWhat is the 'HalfAdjust' parameter (SYSTEM:Pedal menu) set to?5
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by scorpio @ 01/23/15 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: scorpioAnd just sitting at the keyboard the sustain seems the same if I half pedal or full pedal. I'm not all that experienced with this, so maybe I am doing something wrong. When I typed the above, I was meaning onboard sound
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 firmware update fail red/green blinking light by Kawai James @ 01/23/15 09:59 AM

No, v1.04 is the latest. However, you may not have the latest VPC Editor installed, which includes the additional Pedal Calibration tool - you can check the VPC Editor program folder to see if the Pedal Calibration tool is there. If not, please dow
Thank you James, I use a PC is VPC1 v1.04 the latest firmware? my understanding was that a newer one was issued
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Visit To Lighthammer Piano by Karl Watson @ 01/23/15 09:53 AM

Ando: I can assure you that he is the real deal, as they say in the States. Some friends of mine who are hyper-critical and who can see no good in anything, LOVE Ed's pianos. One of his Bs, in particular, has been described to me as an end of the w
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by Kawai James @ 01/23/15 09:52 AM

Is this when using the internal sound, or when controlling an external source (e.g. software piano) via MIDI? What is the 'HalfAdjust' parameter (SYSTEM:Pedal menu) set to? Do you have the option of performing a factor reset? If you have stored yo
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by scorpio @ 01/23/15 09:51 AM

And just sitting at the keyboard the sustain seems the same if I half pedal or full pedal. I'm not all that experienced with this, so maybe I am doing something wrong.
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 firmware update fail red/green blinking light by Kawai James @ 01/23/15 09:48 AM

vinalopo, the VPC1 v1.04 firmware update should still be online, and available to download using the VPC Editor by clicking the 'KAWAI' button in the bottom corner of the window. The problem was that people were attempting to download and update the
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by scorpio @ 01/23/15 09:47 AM

I am seeing gradation in values. The problem is when I depress the pedal 1/4 - 1/2 way down, the values move right to 127. I just went through the process again, thinking I may have not done the calibration correctly. Same result.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by Kawai James @ 01/23/15 09:42 AM

scorpio, to clarify are you saying that the damper pedal is constantly depressed (sustained), or that there is no graduation in values from 1-127? Kind regards, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by johnlewisgrant @ 01/23/15 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By: SiFiOriginally Posted By: beet31425Originally Posted By: jeffreyjonesIn fact, I think my top five might all be Mozart. In my eyes he perfected the form. +1 I have to admit, as the years go by, I find myself appreciating the co
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by CyberGene @ 01/23/15 09:32 AM

James, thanks for the clarification. It seems the pivot point is the same, and what is changed is the position at which the end of the key touches the hammer, is this correct? In any case it's a good progress made by Kawai. We'll have to wait for be
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by Hendrik42 @ 01/23/15 09:32 AM

So I was able to do what you advised and turn the CN-35 off and then play all the keys. The all sound the same and "normal". Then I just watched your YouTube video and I agree with the idea that it sounds like something got loose. In any c
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by scorpio @ 01/23/15 09:29 AM

Anyone else having right pedal issues with the new update? I have done the right pedal calibration (a few times now). Now my right pedal pegs to 127, no matter how lightly I press the pedal. It's like an on/off switch. Before the update I was qui
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by PtJaa @ 01/23/15 09:21 AM

Guys, I think that Kawai's track record of development of their actions is nothing short of great, thanks god for that. And I'm not talking only about changing colors A list of new Kawai actions in a few recent years: - RH2 (6.2012) - GF (7.2012
Good afternoon, is there any news regarding the firmware update? Release 1.09 was pulled off but yet no replacement firmware seems available thank you very much
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by SiFi @ 01/23/15 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: beet31425Originally Posted By: jeffreyjonesIn fact, I think my top five might all be Mozart. In my eyes he perfected the form. +1 I have to admit, as the years go by, I find myself appreciating the concerto format less and les
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by Anita Potter @ 01/23/15 09:15 AM

I just checked the details of my cell phone recording and it says the bit rate is 32kbps. I wonder if I'm gonna have issues with it being that low and there's no way to change that in the app.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diversity in Music Education by PhilipInChina @ 01/23/15 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: iLawOriginally Posted By: Troy 125 So if the school has Essex, Boston and Steinway, wouldn't that offer some diversity? Hah! There are some who would say (and not in a kind way) that if the school has two Steinways they alrea
Page 58 of 110 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 109 110 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
upright piano "Euterpe"
by Maximillyan
8 minutes 2 seconds ago
2000 Steinway L price
by overeat
26 minutes 24 seconds ago
OT - Snow
by musdan
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
If you need me, I'll be under this pile of music books...
by TwoSnowflakes
Yesterday at 10:05 PM
I need advice on everything please!
by rose49
Yesterday at 09:14 PM
Forum Stats
77877 Members
42 Forums
160948 Topics
2364420 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission