Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
108 registered (Anita Potter, accordeur, alans, AnimistFvR, angga888, 39 invisible), 1478 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio px-150 by Charles Cohen @ 11/21/14 06:40 PM

Edit -- first read: You have (somehow) changed the value of "Touch" to "0". Change "Touch" to 1, 2, or 3, to get back the touch sensitivity. "2" is the factory default. Check the User's Manual for instructi
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by pv88 @ 11/21/14 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: VidOriginally Posted By: pv88Looks like the V-Piano and V-Grand are the ONLY digitals that give you the true fingers to sound response and connection due to the modeling and this is why it is the best digital in this regard. W
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 11/21/14 06:35 PM

52 Dynamobt Marilyn, that was lovely! Everyone plays this differently. I liked your tempo. Gets the job done nicely and sounds really well on that old pee-anno of yours! 53 Elaine Allegro This isn`t an easy piece; never are are they? Most
Pianist Corner
Depending what the problem is, something that may help a lot (but often doesn't apply) is to re-think your fingering. The fingerings given on sheet music are not sacred, they're what some editor found to work well. If your hands are different than
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by Mark Polishook @ 11/21/14 06:30 PM

Thanks for that update Miguel. Keep on the good course! Which it sounds like you are ... Looking forward to hearing how it all works out for you. Itook me 18 months to get to the piano I ended up with. So, yes, I totally hear you about enjoying the p
Jump to new posts Re: Casio px-150 by Eddyaknow @ 11/21/14 06:25 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by sensitivity. If by that you mean that you can play soft to loud, then that is possible with mine. But if you play a key on a normal piano softer, it's not just quieter, the way the key sounds is different as well
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a returner by earlofmar @ 11/21/14 06:17 PM

really the decision is yours to make and you would have to be clear on your goals.
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com - account & all files [restored]* by pv88 @ 11/21/14 06:12 PM

@James, *Update: I have good news that I can now access my music files again via a different browser (i.e., Firefox) as it turns out the issue I had was related to use of the Safari browser not being the latest version. And, for everyone here are
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I haven't seen the carbon fiber shanks- but the old Exxon Graftek carbon fiber road bike frame- the first prototypes , and use of that material, we initially compared to the look of a fishing rod. it was dark grey in nature, but the fibers were evi
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by Vid @ 11/21/14 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: pv88Looks like the V-Piano and V-Grand are the ONLY digitals that give you the true fingers to sound response and connection due to the modeling and this is why it is the best digital in this regard. What is included (and excl
One little anomaly: it states in the manual that you can save speaker settings either to user memory or a registration. This does not appear to be the case with my ES100. KJ, what am I doing wrong?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by MiguelAngel07 @ 11/21/14 06:01 PM

Quote from Mark: "Hope you don't mind me asking ... how have you made out with your piano adventures? (and thanks for posting about Himy/Schuman/Steingraeber/Phoenix). Again, hope you don't mind me asking ...: Hello Mark. I don't mind at all,
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by pv88 @ 11/21/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyB I really do hope that the V-Piano/Grand are not a one-time thing, as I seem to understand the Yamaha CLP-990 might have been from what I have read in these forums. Somehow, I see Roland continuing to use their technology,
Jump to new posts Re: Casio px-150 by Frédéric L @ 11/21/14 05:57 PM

Curious... The keys of the PX-150 are velocity sensitive. According to the specifications there are 3 levels of sensitivity and the absence of sensitivity. Is the sensitivity well setted on?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is damaged finish relevant, musically? by michaelha @ 11/21/14 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungOriginally Posted By: michaelhaGeez. How the heck did it get like that? Good question. A couple guesses: 1. Maybe somebody tried to "protect" the edge with some sort of rubber bumper material glued on.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach WTC: Good Editions? by Miguel Rey @ 11/21/14 05:52 PM

[img:center][/img]
Adult Beginners Forum
Bennevis, Quote your signature "I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life." I like these phrases..........
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by JimF @ 11/21/14 05:50 PM

I keep working my way through.... 23. Ganddalf - Intermezzo no.2 As one of our most experienced players your submissions are always beautiful to my ear. This original piece is no exception. I particularly liked the transition toward the end where y
Jump to new posts Casio px-150 by Eddyaknow @ 11/21/14 05:50 PM

Hey guys, around a year ago I was advised to buy the px-150 as a beginner piano. Now there is something that is bothering me.If I hit the key, no matter how hard or soft I play it sounds exactly the same only louder or softer and that is bothering m
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach WTC: Good Editions? by Miguel Rey @ 11/21/14 05:45 PM

Baerenreiter has superior quality over Henle, and Henle is good quality. the Baerenreiter cover has a nice plastic matte finish that makes it stronger better looking. Baerenreiter is slightly larger and overall better quality paper than Henle, the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a returner by Johan B @ 11/21/14 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: tried42longHi, everyone. I'm just a 21 year old guy. I had piano lessons for about 5-6 years when I was 9. Due to distractions in life, it just kinda faded away. I remember my last pieces were labeled "Grade 4" in a pi
Originally Posted By: anotherscottNice write-up. If the ES100 had beefier speakers (i.e. FP4 calibre), the ability to disable the fx on the EPs, maybe a simple 2-character LED display that would let me know which sound I had selected, and line in and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by Greener @ 11/21/14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCCJeff, I remember when we talked about our plans for this recital. This medley show us that you can pick up any pieces you want and do an interesting and good mix, even if they aren't at the same style. I can't forget you
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: JohnSprung[quote=Johan B Time to study something new.......surprise her....... Best regards, Johan B Alas, it doesn't quite work that way. I'm working on "Begin the Beguine" right now, trying to decide on ch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping cats away from piano? by Thrill Science @ 11/21/14 05:34 PM

My two cats---with all their claws--are very nice and never damage the piano. They will, however, climb all over it. I keep the piano closed and covered when I'm not playing it which creates a nice "play surface" for them to enjoy during th
Page 58 of 107 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 106 107 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steingraeber A170 vs. Steinway M - appreciate helpful input
by ElaineAllegro
34 minutes 8 seconds ago
Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2?
by iObsessed
Today at 08:07 PM
Completely OT- mods please move if necessary
by PhilipInChina
Today at 07:40 PM
Steinway "cottage" piano hammers
by ssenseney
Today at 07:19 PM
Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft?
by LFYM
Today at 06:52 PM
Forum Stats
77049 Members
42 Forums
159355 Topics
2340829 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission