Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (Amosdoll, AZ_Astro, alerique, AZNpiano, 17 invisible), 929 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by dogperson @ 06/20/16 08:12 PM

Congrats SiFi and Coaster-- you made the newspaper as 'strong contenders from Sunday' http://www.star-telegram.com/news/special-reports/van-cliburn/article84752652.html
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Verituner: using spectrum graphs and custom styles by Chris Leslie @ 06/20/16 08:07 PM

That's interesting about the 2:1 temperament octave since there has been so much said about compromised 4:2/6:3 octave in that area. I think that shows why, in the absence of Verituner, I like to listen carefully to the octave for the cleanest sound
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Small Hands by JohnSprung @ 06/20/16 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI can crack walnuts in one hand .... Is that by the two at a time trick (which I can do), or can you do a single walnut alone (which I can't do)?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spacing of measures, spacing of sheet music... by JohnSprung @ 06/20/16 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By Stubbie I've re-notated a few for my spouse, but it's a lot of work, and the longer the piece, the more opportunities for putting in a wrong note. That's where the playback function in the software helps. It's a lot easier t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I'm lucky enough to finally have acquired a brand-new acoustic upright, in addition to the Kawai VPC-1 which I've owned for about a year now. Previous acoustics that I've owned have all been, let's say, beaten down and far from decent. That's one r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was My Recent Piano Purchase a Mistake? by JohnSprung @ 06/20/16 07:52 PM

Does anyone know of a library where you can check out a copy of Pierce and take it with you piano shopping? If lots of buyers started doing that, perhaps these dealers would be a little more careful about getting the model and date right.... ;-)
Piano Forum
Certainly bass side down is the standard of the industry for intra-city non-crated moves. I haven't seen anyone do anything extra to secure the action parts during a move, and the hammers could readily swing in the BSD position. My Knabe has a per
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Injuries resulted by piano playing by anamnesis @ 06/20/16 07:35 PM

Here's a charming story that although taken to the extremes, expresses one of the fundamental errors made in trying to physically express music, especially those written for the piano. It's not my story, so I'll link the original post, which should
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to play Rachmaninoff by dogperson @ 06/20/16 07:30 PM

Love the picture! I wonder how amused my piano teacher would be if I strapped on a pencil in the middle of a lesson?
Originally Posted By IanLSorry, am I getting carried away? I believe the built-in QWERTY keyboard and LED lighting may be surplus to requirements for most players, but there's no harm in brainstorming. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
My biggest problem is getting fat fingers between the sharps. How about narrower sharps, perhaps with undercut sides?
Pianist Corner
I think there isn't enough advice being given here, since the OP apparently still doesn't get it. Steep learning curve.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to play Rachmaninoff by JoelW @ 06/20/16 07:22 PM

Looks like you're going to have to pick another piece.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by twocats @ 06/20/16 07:19 PM

I've been following some of the performances while at work. SiFi, your playing was just wonderful!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano transcription of Vivaldi's Four Seasons? by Colin Dunn @ 06/20/16 07:03 PM

I found this link to some arrangements by Bernard Dewagtere: http://www.free-scores.com/sheetmusic_a_z.php?arrangeur=bernard-dewagtere#V However, the piano/keyboard version of Spring (all three movements) is missing; all the other seasons/movements
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Carey @ 06/20/16 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Originally Posted By f3rOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949I haven't figured out who Coaster is??? Help!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUcCdUeJJI There you go! Thanks so much. Beautiful piano performance. Is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Carey @ 06/20/16 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By VidOriginally Posted By Mark_Cand it's often seen as not that hard. Of course that's a mistake but y'know, it is what it is. easy as pie Sure - a piece of cake !!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Isabelle1949 @ 06/20/16 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By f3rOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949I haven't figured out who Coaster is??? Help!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUcCdUeJJI There you go! Thanks so much. Beautiful piano performance. Is the Cliburn televised? Thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Vid @ 06/20/16 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_Cand it's often seen as not that hard. Of course that's a mistake but y'know, it is what it is. easy as pie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway D Resonating Bass by joe80 @ 06/20/16 06:49 PM

I'd have said it's a B because it has that kind of metallic tubby bass that I hear in many Steinway Bs (Hamburg)
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Onboard Sound by Jay Roland @ 06/20/16 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFudd On the topic of the skill level of the software developers working for Synthogy or Yamaha et al we'll have to disagree then because I think you are not taking into account that modeled piano sounds are still shy of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 06/20/16 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By VidWhy so many Barcarolles this year? Actually we talked a little about this before. The time limit maximum of 10 minutes rules out a lot of pieces that we could play if it were 12 minutes, as it had been for the previous few Cl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer 2270A MAH by gnuboi @ 06/20/16 06:47 PM

If you can get it "cheap" with the mentality of replacing it in the future then sure go for it. I had a similar piano when I was little. It seemed awesome at the time but a few years later I could feel its physical limitations. Not that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills - Tone or Semitone? by fatar760 @ 06/20/16 06:45 PM

Unless he's died throughout today, the composer is very much alive hence: "Absolutely and, naturally, I can and will do this eventually but I'd like to go into the rehearsal room with a 'correct' choice. "
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ 06/20/16 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By Damon Saffet Bayka is the brother of a PW member, I believe. Yes - and he's posted here a few times as well. We'll cheer Saffet on too !!! He played really well! Difficult Chopin nocturne and Op.
Page 58 of 66 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 65 66 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Walking, counting and execution of swing time.
by Nahum
06/27/16 02:50 AM
I Need Some Advice
by Pianosaurus
06/27/16 12:06 AM
Beginner looking for practice regimen/structure
by Dues Regnat
06/26/16 11:11 PM
Any advice on holding long notes/chords without tension?
by Okarin
06/26/16 09:17 PM
Kawai MP11 Users: Intentional Sustain/Damper pedal noise?!
by CoenRC
06/26/16 08:14 PM
Forum Stats
84,124 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,587 Topics
2,536,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission