Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
74 registered (Al LaPorte, Albunea, AndrewJCW, anamnesis, Bachus, armani, 21 invisible), 895 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Hello all, With reference to PianoBuyer, Spring 2015, http://www.pianobuyer.com/spring15/46.html Yamaha Arius YDP-181 -- Classics⁄Perennial Favorites + Good Values Kawai CN35 -- Good Values and the YDP-181 is cheaper and it's almost 4 years o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertigo on the Piano Bench? by FarmGirl @ 07/24/15 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibI've never had vertigo issues before, but I had an attack while practicing piano Saturday night that was so bad I thought I was having a stroke. Went to local Emergency Room, they ran a full battery of tests: Not a strok
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Neoscores by Stubbie @ 07/24/15 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90A little OT but I'm reminded of this... That is hilarious! Thanks for posting.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: All my bottles of PROTEK have developed a brown-orange gunk by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/24/15 11:04 PM

I have a product data sheet from Protek Products Inc. of P.O. Box 385, Smithtown NY 11787 Identity: Fluorpolymers in Solvents Hazardous components OSHAPEL,(500ppm) ACGIHTVL, (100ppm) OTHER,(NA) PERCENT, (>90) Petroleum Distillate Colo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rhythm Patterns. by Love Musictc @ 07/24/15 11:03 PM

MIDI files, which are edited by ENCORE, are played in Synthesia. send to you Visalia. :))
Piano Forum
Does it make sense to buy digital now, acoustic upright a year later? We plan to move in the next 12 months due to school district for our children. Based upon our income and property prices in San Francisco Bay Area, we afraid we might not afford p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli variations! by wr @ 07/24/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgott^ what do you think is not waltzlike about it wr? (Assuming the question was serious ) - it doesn't have that strong first beat, um-pah-pah metric thing going on that is usually associated with waltzes. But then,
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann P212 by BDB @ 07/24/15 10:47 PM

Try posting this in the Piano Forum instead of here.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No.1 in A-flat Major, Aeolian Harp by Goomer Piles @ 07/24/15 10:42 PM

I'm at a loss to understand why three weeks passed without a single comment of feedback to you - but that's why your post caught my eye, so I guess that's a good thing in a way. I think that your son delivered a skilled and sensitive performance, an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by raubucho @ 07/24/15 10:33 PM

[quote/] Update of own "piano adventures". I've just passed the middle of level 3B, and things are really getting interesting. I've played and passed two Beethoven pieces in their original form, and some very complicated but lovely piece
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by DoelKees @ 07/24/15 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By Haye HinrichsenQuestion regarding overpull: The basic physics is that if a piano is say 50 cent flat and you tune the lowest 2 octaves at pitch, tuning the higher strings (i.e., increasing their tension) will warp physical struc
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Roland RD-800 suitable for me? by wdco @ 07/24/15 10:20 PM

Thank you Jay for looking into it. Does the V Piano have the ability to adjust the decay? Just curious.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet questions by AGPianist @ 07/24/15 09:42 PM

Interesting post, thank you Mike! I definitely love Apple, and price-wise the iPad Air 2 is just about right for what I need. Plus, forScore appears to be the best sheet music reader out there. I'm not in a huge rush, and as others have said, pencil
Piano Forum
Hi Elena, Since you haven't posted a thread in the digital piano forum yet, I just wanted to take a moment to say I liked the PX-860 I played a the NAMM show this year an awful lot, especially for the price.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli variations! by hreichgott @ 07/24/15 09:32 PM

^ what do you think is not waltzlike about it wr?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by Ataru074 @ 07/24/15 09:31 PM

Define method books... you have the "colored ones" like Alfred, Faber and others... and you have the more classical one like Bertini, Beyer and so on... Your teacher is there to guide you through the repertoire and technique that you need t
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano with good drum sound by PLP @ 07/24/15 09:22 PM

I finally got a super deal on a Casio PX-350 with stand. Though the built-in speakers are a little thin, the sound is very good for the piano sounds. The drum and bass sound good as is, and wonderful with headphone (or external speakers, I guess).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts giving up method books by dat77 @ 07/24/15 09:19 PM

It's been a while since I've been here. I have been taking piano lessons for almost 2 years. I'm going to give up method books and instead concentrate on classical books. It was too much for me to do both. I think this will help me more. My teache
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Roland RD-800 suitable for me? by Jay Roland @ 07/24/15 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By wdcoTO JAY, from Roland factory: I use the RD800 as a controlling keyboard for Piano Teq edited Pianos I use on stage. The RD800's action is perfectly matched for it and allows complete dynamic control better than any of the Ya
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet questions by Mikegmo @ 07/24/15 09:09 PM

Hello All! This is my first post; please be patient. I've been lurking for about a year and just joined today. I just had to add my two cents to the conversation. I'm a former IT Admin / Systems Admin and iPhone app developer. AGPianist's topic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by malkin @ 07/24/15 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By chopinoholicWow ...I have found only one photo... Love the kids camping under the grand. Growing up I had a friend with one and the space under it was prime real estate for sleep overs. Long before the age of tablets, though.
Jump to new posts Re: Smaller Portable Keyboard for Child? by Morodiene @ 07/24/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By DigitalguyOriginally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By MorodieneI recommend that if he spends 50% of his time away from a piano that he get a compact digital piano (one that can be easily st
Thanks so much, everyone. My daughter did a quick factory reset and that seemed to do the trick--at least for now (fingers crossed)
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by gynnis @ 07/24/15 08:36 PM

I cruised through the paper, and of course I got a headache. Yes, I can do the math. The good news is that it gives an analytic procedure for tuning. I don't get the Shannon Entropy discussion. The strings are going to phase lock at some point, a
Originally Posted By pmhThere are many musicians of all levels of skill and expertise that clearly do not agree with you MacMacMac. And I am one of them. I rarely use anything other than Pianoteq for my software piano sounds. I rarely even tr
Page 58 of 75 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 74 75 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX-560 User's Guide
by funkycornwall
07/30/15 06:13 AM
Opinion on Korg LP 380
by Meijilol
07/30/15 05:16 AM
Humans Need Not Apply
by Tunewerk
07/30/15 01:28 AM
Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards
by damos3000
07/30/15 01:14 AM
Split-Treble Upright actions
by Adam Schaaf 58265
07/29/15 08:50 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,191 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,847 Topics
2,431,132 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission