Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
152 registered (Adypiano, A Guy, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1809 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Forum Stats
76993 Members
42 Forums
159248 Topics
2339338 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ 11/18/14 10:49 AM

02. SwissMS/Doris - Sonatina in A Minor Allegro & Andante - Doris, I've been watching the consistency and devotion you have with any piece you play. It's truly inspiring how you can be so confident in your path and I'm very proud to have had the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ 11/18/14 10:47 AM

Great to read all the AOTWs, and a very warm welcome to the new participants on the thread. I don't have a lot of time, so apologies for patchy comments - FarmGirl, did you consider telling the teacher that your real objective is to access the pra
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some tools are no longer available by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/18/14 10:43 AM

To add to BDB's tip; you can heat the shank with a heat gun once the water is down the hole you drilled, and the broken shank will probably pull out when you start to thread a small wood screw into the hole in the shank with your fingers.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fairyland in Treble - duets by carey @ 11/18/14 10:41 AM

Nikolas - These are WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!! I so look forward to hearing the other nine pieces.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 5 ft 3 (160 cm) grand - too many compromises? by Withindale @ 11/18/14 10:40 AM

Out of curiosity, I asked about the difference between the Ritmüller GH188A and GH188R through the UK distribution channel. They are in fact the same piano.
Jump to new posts Re: McMorrow Duplex Patent Question by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/18/14 10:38 AM

bobgeorge, I noticed you are living in the Seattle area. If you would like to inspect pianos with Fully Tempered Duplex Scales come to my shop in Mukilteo. Call me at 425-299-3431 to make an appt. because I do go out on service calls.
Jump to new posts Re: Are Composite Shanks really Better than Wooden ones? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/18/14 10:35 AM

My current go-to shank/flange, capstan, and back-check for the last five years is from W,N&G. Presently they are the state of the art for those components. For all the reasons Ed Foote listed above. The most surprising thing about them I noticed
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is considered new? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/18/14 10:28 AM

Under most state consumer protection laws a piano,(or any other retail item), is new if the dealer is authorized and the piano has not been sold or rented to anyone. Once you deliver it to a customer for trial purchase or rental it becomes used. Age
Jump to new posts Re: Reasons for serial # change on Steinway? by Jon Page @ 11/18/14 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbowsJon, I haven't seen the piano yet, so I don't know where the serial # is. As you suggest, I will ask the owner to email a pic of the serial #. The number that you refer to in all those various locations would
Jump to new posts Re: Serial # on a 1922 Steinway AR........? by Jon Page @ 11/18/14 10:22 AM

You can also date the plate by to number/letter sequence cast into the plate at the rear. Earlier plate had m/d/y, later ones used a letter to designate the year. That would be the date that the plate was cast. Piano manufacture would be maybe two ye
I want one! Back in 1980, when my piano was made, the road cycling team I was on was sponsored by Exxon, and we were riding Exxon Graftek bikes- the first carbon-fiber bikes. Always loved fine alloy components- precise.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Any Piano Purchase You Regret? by DancerJ @ 11/18/14 10:21 AM

I have read lots of happy piano purchase stories here. But I wonder if there are any stories that didn't lead to a happy ending. Is anyone willing to share if your story is one of them?
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Ros3nb3rg I've bought two pianos from Tim Praskins and have found him completely reliable and responsive. His prices were lower than any posted on the internet. The objective and unbiased reviews on his website were a great help
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kissin, Lisitsa, Lang Lang So Overrated by Auntie Lynn @ 11/18/14 10:16 AM

I am the lady who plays piano 24/7 on my job. I am a full season subscriber to SF Symphony and I hit all the piano players. Now, this may sound dumb, but I go mainly to hear somebody else do it besides me and to get away from the dozens of people I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by KeysAngler @ 11/18/14 10:13 AM

Another talent from Sunny South Florida ...
Adult Beginners Forum
I love the music, Nikolas! It's so sophisticated compared to what I have as duets from my youth. Or, maybe, it's just played with such sophistication. I like it that this really wasn't a "teacher-student" duet - it was equal partners, makin
Adult Beginners Forum
The only Christmas song I play is a simple version of this one ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts First Érard factory by eazydyonizy @ 11/18/14 10:01 AM

Where was the first Érard factory? Wikipedia article says that "He built his first pianoforte in 1777 in his Paris factory" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9bastien_%C3%89rard But I couldn't find any other source of this information.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Strange but true?? by Plowboy @ 11/18/14 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: bennevis Things have definitely changed from fifty years ago, however. There was a period of time (in the UK, at least) when composers writing tunes were completely shut off from having their music heard (except by enthusiasts w
Jump to new posts Re: Some tools are no longer available by Frank Pinn @ 11/18/14 09:53 AM

The reason tools are discontinued vary greatly. Sometimes it's due to low sales or the high cost of materials and labor or minimum amounts that are required compared to the previous run. Sometimes the manufacturer goes out of business and the cost of
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft 275 VI - Rock/pop settings by Mattias @ 11/18/14 09:49 AM

Thank you very much for this great answer. I will play with these setting ASAP. Great tip about the velocity sensitivity curve and the Dynamics knob. Best regards / Mattias
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New by Brandon Sip @ 11/18/14 09:44 AM

Kyle Landry always annoyed me. Yes he's an amazingly talented player, but EVERYTHING he does is just out of control over the top. I don't find that enjoyable at all. I always skip his covers. But this is about YOU. I thought the same thing you did w
Originally Posted By: Paul678 But WNG's website is a great read: Their parts are God's gift to the piano world! What a surprise they would claim this! ....but is it true? Anodized aluminum capstans that do not need polishing. Hard bushings with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kemble KS-Win question by Soarin' @ 11/18/14 09:41 AM

Any help, please? Should I forget about this Kemble?
Jump to new posts Re: McMorrow Duplex Patent Question by adamp88 @ 11/18/14 09:41 AM

Could that be you, chernobieff?
Page 58 of 123 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 122 123 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice for a returner
by tried42long
11/21/14 03:40 PM
Humidity and condensation
by Phil Greenough
11/21/14 03:37 PM
CA95 - Midi - Play From Usb Stick
by McBuster
11/21/14 03:33 PM
Plate crack
by Chris Leslie
11/21/14 03:14 PM
Garritan Abbey Road CFX on sale for $199 ($100 off...)
by bfb
11/21/14 02:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission