Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
147 registered (ajames, agraffe, ando, 36251, Almaviva, 28 invisible), 2339 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by SMA55 @ 02/17/17 07:06 PM

These recitals are exceeding my expectations by a mile! I'm truly enjoying listening, and I will continue to make comments as I make my way through them. For now, I would like to thank everyone for listening. And in addition to Montuno, I would lik
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lost in method books. Need a little help getting on track. by hello my name is @ 02/17/17 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By dmdI would suggest you ask the teacher you have lined up. +1 You don't want to start with something and then find out they have a preference for the method books that is different. Better to ask to be safe.
Adult Beginners Forum
I would suggest you ask the teacher you have lined up.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's most beautiful melody by JoelW @ 02/17/17 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By johnstaf ...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by kris shendo @ 02/17/17 07:02 PM

Next few... 21. Piano2138 - Lost There was a real plaintive atmosphere in ‘Lost’ and I liked the way you played it. The second piece was enjoyable too, well done. 22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4) This sounds complicated b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by SMA55 @ 02/17/17 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By Montuno 25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor Wow, just wow! You left me speechless. One thing: when I tried to open the youtube link, it asked me to log into Google. Is that on purpose? Thanks for listening and f
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha avant grand by Dave Horne @ 02/17/17 06:35 PM

Well, it's good that you posted your area. I'm sure there is someone in this forum who would liker to check out your N3. If I were closer, I'd make the trip to Fort Lauderdale. Good luck with this issue.
Don't know how adventurous you care to get, but having seen the interior of our 605 and the lack of damping material in there ( which from what I found goes for pretty much all digital pianos ) there could be some major gains to be gotten adding th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by AJB @ 02/17/17 06:32 PM

Mark C. Bruce. Dead right.
I haven't watched that Lowrey video, but back when I was playing it was synth-type sounds, drumbeats, arpeggio accompaniments (like jazz comping almost) and maybe a multitrack sequencer if you were lucky. If you're someone who knows what a 'midi rack
Originally Posted By GoldmanT If I'd started on piano when I was 7 I'd probably have been bored, but the electronic organ was cool. Partly because it had DRUMS! That's actually one of the big questions I had coming from that Lowrey video. What the h
This is exactly right:Originally Posted By newer playerI think your 2ms of latency is simply the difference between 1) digital piano sound output and 2) VI sound output. So your VI latency is 2ms longer than your digital piano latency.I'm assuming th
Jump to new posts Re: Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO vs Sennheiser HD 598 by RG3003 @ 02/17/17 06:21 PM

Dt990 is made in Germany. Will last forever.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by keystring @ 02/17/17 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By SonatainfSharp...(a pianist should never think like a pianist! Those who sing or play instruments which require breathing have it so easy!) Admittedly out of intended context but .... no! I sing and play instruments requiring
I started on a Casio VL-1 (calculator/cheap synth) and there was an organ shop and teachers in my town, that's how I got into playing it. If I'd started on piano when I was 7 I'd probably have been bored, but the electronic organ was cool. Partly bec
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha avant grand by Sanpee09 @ 02/17/17 06:09 PM

I think you're a few miles away....I'm in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny exercises by Qazsedcft @ 02/17/17 06:02 PM

The first 10 exercises in op. 599 are really just basic note against note, and note against two notes exercises to gain basic hand independence. They also introduce all the notes of the grand staff. Then you have five finger exercises introducing bas
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Best app for learning classical piano peices? by RG3003 @ 02/17/17 05:52 PM

Hi I used to play piano when I was a kid and have just gotten back into it at 31 years old. I am a great guitar player, however I never learned to read music. I am looking for an app that has say a few hundred of the most popular classical songs bui
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq purchase gone wrong by bSharp[C]yclist @ 02/17/17 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By dancingfishOriginally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By David BSo it looks like I'm stuck with it. That way, if you "happen" to play something that you "wished" you had recorded, you have !!! Yes! See
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by bennevis @ 02/17/17 05:43 PM

I can't help remembering an incident a few years ago (which I recounted in PW before). I was trying out the pianos in Steinway Hall in London when a father approached me and asked if I could play and recommend a grand piano for his little daughter (p
Originally Posted By GombessaOriginally Posted By R111 If you listen long enough to the video, you will hear that characteristic Kawai piano sound. Nice try, Organ Boy. Pass! You can skip around to reduce the torture. I assure you there
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertical letoff question by Piano Tipping @ 02/17/17 05:38 PM

Thanks for the help. I did get the book by Reblitz. While scanning through it I saw something that I might need to do. Right where the top of the jack touches the hammer butt it's no longer completely rounded. There's a bit of a flat area on the buck
Originally Posted By R111 If you listen long enough to the video, you will hear that characteristic Kawai piano sound. Nice try, Organ Boy. Pass!
Originally Posted By MacMacMacI've measured the "real" latency at slightly over 2 msec. That was done by capturing: - one channel of audio from the piano, fed into one channel of the computer built-in audio card - one channel of VST audio f
Originally Posted By SirJohnOriginally Posted By GombessaI had no idea this company even existed. And while it gives off an unmistakable "Skymall" kind of vibe, it seems like this is exactly what they're going for? Are you aware that Lowr
Page 58 of 89 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 88 89 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Duane Shinn's "Naked Music" Course?
by newbert
14 minutes 41 seconds ago
Kawai GL50 versus Yamaha C3X
by Classical Pianist
Today at 12:43 PM
Chicago piano treasures
by Duke of Dunning
Today at 12:38 PM
Baldwin hitch pins
by P3T3R
Today at 12:19 PM
Collecting learned pieces in one book/folder
by RVDowning
Today at 10:54 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,764 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,647 Topics
2,600,796 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission