Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
146 registered (36251, accordeur, A Guy, ando, anamnesis, 44 invisible), 1805 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by jotur @ 02/24/15 07:30 PM

Well, sinophilia, at least it's Mozart! I enjoyed it, and congratulations on having 7 pieces under your belt. you and Wally are a real team Cathy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anne H @ 02/24/15 07:30 PM

Okay, I've updated everything I've seen! Please let me know if I've missed something, which is entirely possible. Now I have to keep working on my stuff - seeing everyone's progress is very motivating. I ended up not counting the easier Beethoven pie
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between CLP-585 and LX-15E by Kawai James @ 02/24/15 07:28 PM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and congrats on your purchase - the LX-15e is an excellent piano. Kind regards, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Practice place in Venice by A Guy @ 02/24/15 07:27 PM

So I will be in Venice, Italy for a couple days, and I am in need of a practice piano. Does anyone know of anywhere where I could practice? Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ 02/24/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesDid you learn the piece using Synthesia? No. Actually is the opposite. I record the MIDI to show it on Synthesia. That is why is perfectly in sync. I actually learn that song many years ago, by ear, hearing from Rich
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP-S51 or Roland F130R? by Kawai James @ 02/24/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By markalien, quoting Tim Praskins' review:...the new Roland has 4 sensors under each key... Please note that this is not correct. New Roland instruments (and some older models also) utilise 3 sensors per key, however the advancem
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Blue Danube piano score by wr @ 02/24/15 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveIf I were to perform the Blue Danube on the piano, I would feel somewhat remiss if I did not play the Adolf Schulz-Evler version. Everything else pales in comparison. And if you do not play the Adolf Schulz-Evler vers
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New/returning to piano by Ataru074 @ 02/24/15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By DominosPizzaI want to reach the point the point where i could think of a melody and play it, along with some chords and just make it sound nice. I would also like to be able to play difficult pieces, and by that I mean be able
Jump to new posts Re: Servicing Yamaha CVP407 by Kanon @ 02/24/15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaIf you are going in there, you might want the magic grease that the keyboard makers use on their plastic actions, if the CVP uses a plastic action? Some people have managed to get some from the manufacturers, others
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Settings to Sound like a Baby Grand? by Kawai James @ 02/24/15 07:14 PM

Bhagwad, welcome to the forum. May I ask if you play-tested other instruments before purchasing the Williams? This brand produce very affordable products, however while I do not wish to be too critical of other manufacturers, I do not believe the q
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Pianomarvel by Trevor May @ 02/24/15 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By Bellbuoy144 One beef I had with Musiah was the accompaniment and voicing used in the pieces. I found this quite off-putting as I prefer to hear the sound of the instrument I am playing. I've been fiddling with the settings this
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By MaggieGirl So she is still playing and now that she can play better, the teacher is letting her have more opinions on what she learns. For her piano is still an important part of her life. Nice to know that she is doing well!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An una corda problem by Johnkie @ 02/24/15 07:00 PM

If you want to try travelling adjustment yourself cut a couple of strips of 80gm paper (3 mm wide) and place between the flange and the hammer beam to the right of the screw. That should do the trick,but you might then have to cast the shank to squar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: February 2015 PW Concert Program by trigalg693 @ 02/24/15 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By VidI would really like to try a real Bluthner someday. One of the best instruments I got to try was a Bosendorfer. You simply had to think what you wanted it to do and bam! the music was coming out exactly how you want it. No str
Jump to new posts Re: Returned DPs would you be happy to receive one? by Kawai James @ 02/24/15 06:59 PM

Shey, I can appreciate your concern, however I believe that if you purchase an instrument from a reputable dealer, you should be able to trust that "new" means exactly that. If an instrument is a floor/ex-demo model, returned instrument,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New/returning to piano by Dru Morgan @ 02/24/15 06:57 PM

I say you should practice 30 minutes or less... or it's free! (Sorry, Domino's joke)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: February 2015 PW Concert Program by Vid @ 02/24/15 06:56 PM

I would really like to try a real Bluthner someday. One of the best instruments I got to try was a Bosendorfer. You simply had to think what you wanted it to do and bam! the music was coming out exactly how you want it. No struggle with action or try
Jump to new posts Re: Returned DPs would you be happy to receive one? by Kawai James @ 02/24/15 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By lolatu"Seize the day", right? No, I believe you're thinking of "ad hominem".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New/returning to piano by DominosPizza @ 02/24/15 06:46 PM

I want to reach the point the point where i could think of a melody and play it, along with some chords and just make it sound nice. I would also like to be able to play difficult pieces, and by that I mean be able to take something like... the Wald
Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddThat's a tough one, my friend. This is impossible to do. But I would start my lowering the brightness and raising the reverb a bit. Is there a setting on the Williams for a Honky Tonk piano? If not look for a chorus
Nicely played Daniel! Did you learn the piece using Synthesia? Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New/returning to piano by earlofmar @ 02/24/15 06:40 PM

Welcome to the forum, being overwhelmed and not knowing how to structure practice time is very common. All I can say is take it day by day as this is a very long journey and although you may have spurts of improvement, progress is usually measured in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Una corda by wr @ 02/24/15 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79 Maybe the modern grand is much more to Beethoven's conception than you think. For what I know he was not so satisfied with the sound of the piano of that time and wanted a more robust sound. Yes, but he probably was s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Debussy Etudes by wr @ 02/24/15 06:22 PM

Durand is almost never the best (except by default, when they are the sole publisher of something). For the Debussy etudes, I'd go for either the Peters or Henle urtexts, I think. To be honest, I haven't used either, but simply based on past experi
Jump to new posts Re: Successor to Kawai CS-10 in sight? by SoloVoyager @ 02/24/15 06:18 PM

Ok, I'll put off the purchase for now -- and consider buying it in May. As an aside, wrt what kapelli said, re the German Messe in March, perhaps there will be announced there a successor to the CS-10. Final question: since I can't get my hands on a
Page 59 of 116 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yundi Li wins14th International Chopin Competition (2000)
by pianoman9
02/28/15 10:50 AM
Yuja Wang plays Scriabin
by pianoman9
02/28/15 10:19 AM
Moving a digital grand across country
by aellison62
02/28/15 09:42 AM
Acoustical Piano Actions vs High End Digital Piano Action
by LarryMan
02/28/15 08:07 AM
Acoustical Piano Actions vs High End Digital Piano Action
by LarryMan
02/28/15 08:05 AM
Forum Stats
78,334 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,905 Topics
2,377,769 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission