Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
67 registered (AndyP, Albunea, ando, AndrewJCW, augustm, Bachus, 18 invisible), 980 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My Chickering by DanL @ 10/06/15 11:34 AM

What a magnificent grand piano! It certainly looks gorgeous! I want one with that style,too, timeless design! Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by DanL @ 10/06/15 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By David FarleyI guess I'll add a picture to keep the good times going. Here's the face-off between my Yamaha CP4 and Lyon and Healy baby grand. My tuner, who has longer arms than me got carried away and was playing them both at onc
Pianist Corner
I'm 5'9 and I can just barely reach a 10th. Personally, I think when you have small or not so large hands, the leaps you do when playing will look much more interesting since you have to leap and catch over a longer distance! To Ataru074: WOW! Re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Can I learn for Now Without a Teacher or a Piano? by Charles Cohen @ 10/06/15 11:21 AM

Another take on the broader question raised by Ataru (the "gold standard" recording is by Pete Seeger): Quote:All God's Critters Got a Place in the Choir words & music by Bill Staines All God's critters got a place in the choir Some
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By mc9320Originally Posted By tinyking12345Originally Posted By chopin_r_usI would think hand size and shoe size would correlate. Yes, I'm pretty short but my hands and feet are fckin huge! And I'm quite tall 6' 1" but can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Is Beltman the name for the infamous Belarus piano? by swampwiz @ 10/06/15 11:19 AM

I just noticed this and was wondering ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/49-Beltmann-Studio-Piano-with-Yamaha-Style-Bench-/221771247187
Piano Forum
I would buy my very lightly used 2007 Petrof IV from myself (I am looking to recover that $16K or so in a dealer trade-down.) Although Petrof nowadays has upgraded (and with an upgrade in price, up to $72K MSRP for this size!), it still would qualif
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel Scarbo!!! by pianoloverus @ 10/06/15 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By tinyking12345Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By HakkiMy comments are general, not specific. I watched your other videos too. I mean the tip, last phalanx of your fingers sometimes bend backwards. It is trills,
Piano Forum
It is difficult to speak with authority about the brightness of Yamahas. Most Yamaha hammers voice really well, so the right person can make a lot of difference. They tend to be delivered fairly bright, because it is easier to make a bright piano les
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy action - how to make it lighter by jim ialeggio @ 10/06/15 11:08 AM

There is another possibility here... An otherwise well configured action will, if the jack and knuckle are in a disadvantageous orientation, feel awful. This, even though all the leverage, inertia, friction parameters are spot on. The OP may have al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by opus88 @ 10/06/15 11:08 AM

Finally get to see it real time. Session coming up has four people playing Op. 10 No 1.
Jump to new posts Re: A noob says "Hi!" by rysowers @ 10/06/15 11:03 AM

What is your age, might I ask? If you are young you might consider pursuing it more seriously, as we need younger techs in the industry. But if you are already established in another occupation, maybe its best to pursue it as a hobby. Randy Potters c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on White Pianos by Olek @ 10/06/15 11:00 AM

Not really Too thick polyester tend to have violet reflects Black can tend to the red the blue or the green I would say they tend to lighten in time, while I am not that good with colors. The reaction of the stain to the UV make those changes T
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by PianoWorksATL @ 10/06/15 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By MRCHas Casio found a way to replicate the decrease in resistance that follows the moment when the hammer is thrown by the jack?Here is a larger image of the action that I found. There is no jack, so there is no increase in resis
Jump to new posts New Roland HP508 Hissing by photo-pro-123 @ 10/06/15 10:55 AM

Hello everybody, I just purchased a new Roland HP508. Amazing keyboard and it compares very well to my Hamburg Steinway. However, I notice a hissing noise which from the speakers which is NOT affected by the volume level. It is soft and subtle bu
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel Scarbo!!! by Hakki @ 10/06/15 10:49 AM

The dexterity test is simple. First you find a competition winner or just a competent talented clarinetist. And claim that you can play faster chromatic scales (single hand) on piano than he can play on clarinet and ask for a duel.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Did Liberace ever play the Moonlight 3rd mvt? by Plowboy @ 10/06/15 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usWho would listen? Probably some of the kids who benefited from his scholarships. Quote:The staff at the Liberace Foundation for the Performing and Creative Arts is pleased to provide the following report of all schol
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel Scarbo!!! by tinyking12345 @ 10/06/15 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By HakkiMy comments are general, not specific. I watched your other videos too. I mean the tip, last phalanx of your fingers sometimes bend backwards. It is trills, from all videos. Dextery in gener
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP700 by PianoWorksATL @ 10/06/15 10:38 AM

In simple terms, the AP-700 is basically the new AiR Grand Sound Source (from the GP-300) installed in the AP-650 cabinet. The buttons from the console of the AP-650 have been reassigned but have the same layout. The new sound source has really imp
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By brassplyerOriginally Posted By sorI was able to get it to a certain level but couldn't get it past that level and I got discouraged, Is that you in the video? Under the assumption that it's you I'd say you made a lot of progr
Congrats Ed I like to hear more tone samples whenever possible Regards
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving grand to another room by Olek @ 10/06/15 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By Miguel ReyI will be moving my grand to the through a french door to the adjacent room about 10 feet down 1 step. I will have 5 guys to help but i was wondering if there is an issue with lifting from just the keyboard end tail .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overcoming 'what's the use' feeling by Morodiene @ 10/06/15 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By dogpersonIf you are a teacher or an adult beginner, I would appreciate your feedback: how do you/your students get past the feeling of 'why am I working so hard.. I will never get better' I am an adult re-learner with a 40+ yr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spotlight on a pianist by tinyking12345 @ 10/06/15 10:22 AM

Yes, I find lights annoying sometimes. I was also in a piano competition once and the lights were faulty so they started flickering. I very nearly messed up but I was lucky to keep on going with making any mistakes. If you do do anything special wit
Hi. In my country, a rumor was spreaded by some retailer. A rumor is, CN25 & CN35(RH3 action)'s keyboard is not good than predecessor. Retailer said, when you play CN25(or CN35) with forte, you feel key-rebounce is significant than previous m
Page 59 of 103 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 102 103 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do I balance everything out?
by Skylarking
10/10/15 03:19 AM
Electone and korg module SUSTAIN
by Pleumbluebeans
10/10/15 02:25 AM
Looking for Galt MacDermot piano sheets
by frysh
10/10/15 12:18 AM
Incredible Bosendorfer
by Cassia
10/09/15 10:31 PM
Piano teacher's nightmare
by Crystalcolors
10/09/15 08:24 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,993 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,420 Topics
2,453,638 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission