Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should Cork-tipped Bridle tapes be Avoided? by Craig Hair @ 09/26/14 08:52 AM

Cork bridle tapes are just fine. Replace them all, Make sure the cork is the right size, as the cork should be pressed in below the level of the butt catcher or there will be interferance. And the tape should leave the catcher pointing to 4:00. It
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: AZNpianoThose who are playing piano "for fun" and not at all serious can "pass" their pieces after 2-3 weeks of struggle. 3 weeks max. My strategy is to drown them in 4-5 books per level, so they end up pla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Most musical piano at ~$10K? ~$20k? by torbjorn @ 09/26/14 08:49 AM

Hi everyone - I'm coming back to piano after many years and would like to buy one for home. It will be for my use, as well as my young daughters, supposing they are interested. I would like a grand (no larger than ~6'6"), but would be happy
Piano Teachers Forum
Wow! Lots of great thoughts and perspectives. I will mull over what has been posted and see what seeps into my brain. To my fellow student; I probably should not have used the word "passed"; a better phrase to explain what I was getting at
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: BrianDX I didn't dare look at the grade 5 exam for fear of being freaked out You should, I have seen it before but the little boy is fantastic in all his work but I love watching the precision of his scales.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: contacting with someone of VI Labs by imyself @ 09/26/14 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicI may have misunderstood but I think imyself is trying to get ViLabs to arrange a transfer of licence to his buyer. Is that the case, imyself? Hi, @dire tonic: yes, you were right. transfer is finally done today. PS
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shanghai by Patrick Draine @ 09/26/14 08:24 AM

Hi Phil, I went last year, as part of a group of a PTG members who went over to attend the IAPBT conference in Hangzhou, and visit several piano factories (Ningbo, Shanghai, Beijing). The Shanghai Music Trade Show is massive, with one and a half buil
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: SwissMSOriginally Posted By: 8 OctavesFor a while, even though I was following the syllabus published by RCM, I was on the fence about taking the exams, then one day, I decided to go for it. It was only then while preparing a f
Pianist Corner
Sigh. Even for the extraordinarily talented it has always been a struggle. Beethoven, Mozart, etc. at least all of us starving artists are in good company...
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: AZNpianoConfidence comes with careful preparation and planning. Well.............but I've met supremely confident teachers who had not done that and were not quite as good as they thought.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Op. 10, No. 1 for small-to-medium hands by Cheeto717 @ 09/26/14 08:08 AM

The beauty behind this etude is that you don't need big hands to play it. I wouldn't give up on the original fingering, but try and find a way to make it work. I can assure you that there is. Unless your hands are REALLY below average size. Are you w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by TimR @ 09/26/14 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary D. My students don't count lines. I've never known a single fine sight-reader who counts lines. We all see shapes and patterns. Is there anyone here who does not do this? I'm talking about teachers, not beginning students
Jump to new posts Re: Do you allow people to stand behind grands? by martin snow @ 09/26/14 08:03 AM

The initial question is a good one, and yes absolutely, if in a home there are interested and inquisitive parents or kids who want to briefly watch the tuning process on their grand piano then I always ask that they do so from the front or treble s
Jump to new posts Re: Refinishing to the Finish by Craig Hair @ 09/26/14 08:00 AM

After working with everything from WB to french polish, we have returned to traditional M,L,Campbell's nitrocellulose laquer, for natural finishes because of the clarity. For ebony finishes we use their pre-catalysed Claw-lock nitrocellulose, becau
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Measuring Humidity? by pianomise @ 09/26/14 07:47 AM

Thanks for all of the posts. I guess I will just stay with the digital hygrometer on the dehumidifier and the old analog one. I set the digital hygrometer on the dehumidifier at 55, but it may actually be lowering the humidity to 45, as noted above
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: MarkarianNow all it needs is a 9" pianist. reminds me of the following joke (i'll put a link to since some may actually find it offensive...) http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jokes/read/605466/
Jump to new posts Re: Merger for V by bfb @ 09/26/14 07:21 AM

am I missing something? are we still talking about the V-Piano Grand, which is been around for several years and MSRP is about $25K? (not sure what the street price is for these....). some of the posts make it sound like this just came out. there
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Music in Theory and Practice books by saratogaUSA @ 09/26/14 07:21 AM

Hi Guys, I am looking for the answer keys of the books in the title.There are two of them, volume I and II.
Piano Forum
In the piano industry there really is no argument from any corner to advocate the use of ivory on new pianos and the industry has not used ivory on new pianos in decades. That being said the appeal of ivory to pianists is that of a tactile feel and
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Chrono Trigger piano medley by UKIkarus @ 09/26/14 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By: StefoAlso, Joe Hisaishi has created some wonderful works for Studio Ghibli movies. The good thing is that you can find fan made sheets pretty easily, on youtube or other websites Yes, "Merry-Go-Round of Life - Howl's M
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin- The Skinny? by Ed Foote @ 09/26/14 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By: John PelsI own an M&H CC2 built in the mid 60's. <snip> It's a wonderful piano. I have made the point many times that pianos need to be evaluated one at a time rather than making blanket statements that lambast a make
Jump to new posts Re: Help (best models of the three best brands) by petes1 @ 09/26/14 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai James.... Roland HP508, LX15E, RD-800NX <ahem> RD-800 </ahem>
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Marche Funèbre d'une Marionette by wimpiano @ 09/26/14 06:37 AM

Yiddish is not that hard for Dutch people Philip
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: The Eagles - Hotel California (Piano Cover) by Mr. Pianoman @ 09/26/14 06:14 AM

Thanx for your kindly comments! Maybe you're interested in another Hotel California version, I played with my acoustic band Junik:
Jump to new posts Reccommendation on a Digital Piano by Nerdsinc @ 09/26/14 06:11 AM

Hello, I've been learning piano for quite a while now and I would like recommendations on a digital piano to buy. I've played on a grand piano before and really enjoyed how it feels so I'd prefer a digital piano with the 'smoothest' feel. Sound is
Page 59 of 91 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 90 91 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rare Time Signatures
by caters
Today at 02:59 PM
has anyone tried the Focal alpha 50s or 65s for monitoring?
by dire tonic
Today at 11:54 AM
2015 Concerto Competition "Theodor Leschetizky" NY
by Piano World
Today at 11:49 AM
Valletta International Piano Competition, Velletta, Malta
by Piano World
Today at 11:45 AM
Cleveland International Piano Competition
by Piano World
Today at 11:42 AM
Who's Online
168 registered (accordeur, 36251, 47 invisible), 1708 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76379 Members
42 Forums
157891 Topics
2318869 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission