Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
129 registered (AmandaH, anamnesis, achi, Alexander Borro, Al LaPorte, 35 invisible), 1612 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP-800 by AndrewJCW @ 08/25/15 06:10 AM

I'd be pretty impressed if a repair man could fix such an old piano. I hope you weren't too attached to that $50. If anything were wrong electronically it seems unlikely you could get any replacements.
Pianist Corner
"You played that phrase like you just got your bell rung ... now get your head back in the game and try it again."
Piano Forum
Greetings! I've been reading the forum for a few years now, and at last I am in the position of being able to fulfil a long-held dream: buying a Bösendorfer baby grand. And so I'm posting this here in the hope of getting some advice /thoughts /guid
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello. Any adult beginner in Singapore? by TheKing @ 08/25/15 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By Janaee@TheKing I have not enrolled for theory, my understanding was that theory is not necessary until above Grade 5? I’m actually planning on taking Grade 3 for both piano and violin next March. It's true that ABRSM does no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with scales. by outo @ 08/25/15 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes Scales, I think, are actually not that useful as a means to teach basic theory. I'm simply using them (and by "them", I mean scales, arpeggios and chords in all their general iterations) as a training ai
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with scales. by outo @ 08/25/15 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By outoIn addition to just checking what the metronome markings in the piece mean, the best use for metronome for me is to force myself to practice slower than I naturally can. Yes, I agree. But also, for t
The kind of nitpicking in this thread is one of the reasons I got of PW for a while. I think it's great that Roland (finally) makes the leap to full modeling and in it's new line. And the keys we're already good and I can imagine, they've improved wi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Olek @ 08/25/15 05:36 AM

Here is why one need to hear, I think that while the way the impact energy is used can be perceived somehow in the key and in the tuning lever, those are very fine events, without listening they will not be so apparent anyway not enough for the tuner
My New Piano!
Hi Ando, I've checked this out with the NZ Department of Conservation, who said this: Given the age of the item that you have indicated as being circa 1916, it would be considered as pre-Convention i.e. older than 1975 or 1976 depending on the speci
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Steinway Lacquer Voicing by Olek @ 08/25/15 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By BDB But nothing I write will teach you anything unless you try the techniques, listening very carefully. And never forget, 90% of all voicing problems are caused by poor tuning, and 90% of all tuning problems are caused by poor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to reduce my sight reading delay? by siden70 @ 08/25/15 05:17 AM

Thanks for all the replies I should clarify that I do know where all of the notes are - just not as quickly as I'd like to enable me to play pieces at a better tempo. I'm going to put some time into interval training (which ties in nicely with my
My New Piano!
Thanks BruceD and Ando, I'll repost in Piano forum. I'd already checked out the situation with the ivory keys with the NZ Department of Conservation -- manageable, just another expense: I'll need to get a CITES certificate from the UK showing that
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By andoMake sure you book the large auditorium for your eventual meeting, Norbert and Ed - a lot of people will want to be there to witness the moment! A piano throwing event, with catapults, including the technician with the pi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with scales. by TwoSnowflakes @ 08/25/15 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Halee ReddickThank you everyone for your advice! I have so much trouble being patient with the speed of my slow scales because I frequently watch concert pianists play incredibly fast scale passages on Yo
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Jason74Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:Bottom line: it's not true that when comparing pianos one should only compare pianos at the same price point. People often don't when entering a store, playing often the biggest and most
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cannot seem to build speed by TwoSnowflakes @ 08/25/15 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By debussychopinHere's another thing. I am sure others may agree , but work on your scales. I so hate to be difficult, but I do disagree. I spent hours and hours on scales and arpeggios because of the Engli
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by hughconway @ 08/25/15 04:37 AM

Hi David, Would you be able to share the exact settings you used to create this sound? Many thanks, Hugh
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Model 10. by Mark R. @ 08/25/15 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By Olekthanks Mark; it is not necessary to push as strong as to attain the moment the hammer move with the damper, because that put much stress in the rod and may twist a bit the action. With the dampers a little back only, the str
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by jazzwee @ 08/25/15 04:25 AM

I see you already added me so you must have figured it out.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cannot seem to build speed by JohnSprung @ 08/25/15 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By Ataru074Reality check... you have been playing for 7 1/2 years and thinking with the exposition of the first movement of K545 for the last 2 years without getting it down properly? You need a teacher and you need it yesterday.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by LarryShone @ 08/25/15 04:10 AM

Downloaded it, but how do I add people? I'm @larry_shone (my twitter account)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with scales. by SiFi @ 08/25/15 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By outoIn addition to just checking what the metronome markings in the piece mean, the best use for metronome for me is to force myself to practice slower than I naturally can. Yes, I agree. But also, for things like etudes, the ab
Adult Beginners Forum
I actually learnt the third movement of Les Adieux a long time ago (my favorite movement). It's tougher for sure but it's not so bad relearning it (I played through it to get a feel for it again). I never studied the first or second movement till now
Jump to new posts Re: 1.1/9 by Olek @ 08/25/15 04:04 AM

That said, when I think of it, could it be envisaged to use a shorter strike (progressively) on the last tenor notes.? in effect a shorter strike allow to hit the strings on a more rigid point, allowing better energy transmission tp the bridge , hen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by LarryShone @ 08/25/15 04:01 AM

Periscope? Never heard of it, but I'll look into it.
Page 59 of 75 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 74 75 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Henry Cowell's Piano Concerto (BBC Proms now)
by bennevis
08/30/15 02:52 PM
gospel or sacred music
by seniormoment
08/30/15 01:46 PM
Does sight reading help in general?
by Evaldas
08/30/15 01:31 PM
Suggestions for Easy Jazz Arrangements for Xmas?
by newbert
08/30/15 11:29 AM
U3 scale design and inharmonicity
by Ivan M.
08/30/15 10:28 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,568 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,530 Topics
2,440,444 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission