Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question for jazz players and improvisation by pianolearnerstride @ 10/18/14 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: rintincopThe bass hand tends to go on autopilot... or if I listen intensely to the bass hand my right hand tends to go on autopilot. I hear the sum effect... with a greater focus on the melody and rhythm... Improv is spontaneou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN--RENNER ACTION? by musicpassion @ 10/18/14 12:21 AM

One thought to add to this discussion: By the time a piano is over 30 years old the condition of the action becomes a leading factor. I realize you weren't asking that, but for those out there who are unhappy with the touch on their piano, the servi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: fro Kees - if he want to analyse by DoelKees @ 10/18/14 12:19 AM

I'm honored to have my name in the thread title, but I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to "analyse". I can measure frequencies of a specific unison, or compare two unisons, but don't know what to do with 20 mins of unstructured tuning s
Adult Beginners Forum
JimF & Whizbang - thanks for the support! It means a lot! Transposing that song is pretty easy because the right hand has only 2nd or 3rd intervals in regular progression, and no chords, so like I said, you just need to start your thumb on the
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Grand Piano Lids by Del @ 10/18/14 12:15 AM

Many early grand lids used simple 3-ply construction. An edge-glued core (usually of poplar or some such wood) with a face veneer on each side having the grain running in the same direction as the core. Considering their construction these lids held
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AHA moment by Whizbang @ 10/18/14 12:14 AM

Cool! When I saw the thumbnail, I thought--this first chord must be in D major. And then I looked at the full image and I was... er, no. So with the flat in the key signature, this would normally be F major, but without the sharped F in that measu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP-155C vs Hailun HG 161 by supersport @ 10/18/14 12:14 AM

I wasn't thinking of any in particular but just in general might you be happier in the future with one slightly larger, say the 5'8" to 5'10" if you can accommodate one? I have never played one but if I were buying one of the smaller size
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by DoelKees @ 10/18/14 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyWith that in mind it is certainly possible that there isn't an extension in sustain amplitude, but something simply out of phase. I think (and agree) it's the out of phase interaction with the bridge that does it. I don'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the Patrick Cunningham offer still stand? by PhilipInChina @ 10/18/14 12:03 AM

Those interested might like to look up the case of "Carlyll v Carbolic Smokeball co.". (It is real, I didn't make that one up). An offer made lapses after a reasonable time in UK law. I imagine the same to be the case in most of the colon
Jump to new posts New Ribs on an OLD board ?? by chernobieff @ 10/18/14 12:03 AM

This made me look twice. Any thoughts?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ 10/18/14 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Donzoachievement #2 was realizing that the arrangement I downloaded was in the key of C, while the assigned practice piece was in F... and then transposing the downloaded piece on the fly while playing from C to F. HOLY COW!
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk springs... by Paul678 @ 10/18/14 12:02 AM

Great videos, but not sure if coil end rotation affects jack performance. The upright springs here have the potential to be oppositely coiled: http://www.vandaking.com/s-527a-upright-jack-springs.html But I doubt they go that far. My own Ri
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by BDB @ 10/18/14 12:01 AM

Or it could be resonance of the room or something else. Something in phase or out.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: it's so good to see you! by Whizbang @ 10/18/14 12:01 AM

Welcome back. Glad to hear you came through a grave health problem!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question for jazz players and improvisation by rintincop @ 10/17/14 11:57 PM

The bass hand tends to go on autopilot... or if I listen intensely to the bass hand my right hand tends to go on autopilot. I hear the sum effect... with a greater focus on the melody and rhythm... Improv is spontaneous composition. We hear in the m
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Tubular Action Rail Felt? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/17/14 11:55 PM

Well Ed, I can't stand the way the felt take some time to fully flatten out after you move the flange laterally during hammer spacing. Plus felt moves more with humidity than wood so I believe it worsens the ability of the flanges to get loose during
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult beginner, what next? by Donzo @ 10/17/14 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene That's the thing... have done this. Ah, sorry, I did not realize just how little help she has been. Originally Posted By: Morodiene She has been planning her daughter's wedding and doing a lot of babysitting, an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does the Patrick Cunningham offer still stand? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/17/14 11:43 PM

Should we do a genealogy workup on all of the PW posters to see who has the bloodlines of a "real" huckster?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
gauguin, which email address did you send your message to, may I ask? Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Myth Buster? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/17/14 11:39 PM

The biggest problem I see with your "Myth" statement of: "Pianoworld.com has a lot of technicians/salespeople who express their opinions", is the word "opinion". "Opinion" implies that nothing the technician/sa
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Francisco Scalco @ 10/17/14 11:39 PM

Louis, I've noticed this obession of yours with historically accurate performance. While I agree this is important, I don't get why you place this so highly on your list. Care to elucidate? I thought that was a very mature rendition of the Beethoven,
Piano Forum
I am going to look at a Taylor London studio piano. The model number is TU-12 then a 3 or 8 - I can't quite tell from the picture. The serial number is 1231167. 1. My question is - does anyone know by the serial number how old it is? I believe i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN--RENNER ACTION? by Del @ 10/17/14 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: RicksterI've heard/read comments from a few PW members who actually worked for Baldwin back in the day, and they say, basically, that the Baldwin L, (6'3") the SF 10 (7') and the 9' concert models primarily had the full Ren
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing This 3 Piece Can Improve Faster? by ChopinLives81 @ 10/17/14 10:49 PM

Yeah everything you said sounds like you should try learning more straightforward and simpler pieces. The Chopin etude especially, while it sounds easy, it's actually a little difficult to play.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Revolutionary Etude by trigalg693 @ 10/17/14 10:47 PM

I busted out my old recording which I thought had a really good tempo, and it's a bit over 140 (fair amount of rubato so it's hard to say exactly). 160 is too fast IMO, but 120 is too slow. I think 130 would be okay.
Page 59 of 100 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 99 100 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ambitious Jazz beginner
by Ruan
Today at 01:10 AM
Is this a real Steinway?
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
DGX-650 TOPIC
by Jtreimer
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
Yesterday at 08:28 PM
RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS
by Steinway K
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
Who's Online
69 registered (angga888, alfredo capurso, 18 invisible), 1081 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158406 Topics
2326249 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission