Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
111 registered (36251, ando, anamnesis, Amusingprofessor, ambrozy, alerique, 31 invisible), 1537 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By johan dI agree. If you try to play it both ways (leave finger/release finger), and listen carefully, you will hear difference in sound. You probably will, if _you_ are playing. There are two different questions to ask: . . .
Piano Forum
Thanks Eric - strings are copper - The soundboard is certainly dusty but I can see the wood grain in most places (or so I think). Here's the treble portion close to the keyboard: Am I looking In the right place?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ 04/28/16 11:10 PM

Newbert, I think it really depends on the course. For example he has lots of small courses on specific topics. As an example, he has a course on left hand arranging patterns, and another on right hand arranging patterns. This material is co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by ClsscLib @ 04/28/16 11:08 PM

I had to miss 4-26 to and including 4-28 due to business travel. Back on the bench tomorrow!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading by INBoston @ 04/28/16 10:51 PM

Check out this Josh Wright video, he talks about eye movement and the direction of sight reading there. Sight reading
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPTOriginally Posted By DoelKees The hyperbole around temperaments is misleading to laypeople. The placebo effect is very strong. Kees Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPT So, I wonder why so many people who
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by TimR @ 04/28/16 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By laguna_greg I'm certain he's an excellent teacher... for the trombone. And that is his job - to improve your skills at the trombone. You didn't hire him to make you a better musician, so it's doubtful he'll do much with that.
Adult Beginners Forum
I have now been playing piano for just under 4 1/2 years and it's been a wonderful experience. I "practice" every morning for about an hour, and play at least another hour in the evening "for fun." I have a repertoire of 30 or
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played it worse at home. by INBoston @ 04/28/16 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By scgrantOriginally Posted By TimR The reply, from a respected teacher and working professional jazz performer, was no. If you can't play 15% better when it's live, you need to find a new career path. I find this true for p
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Quick FP-30 review by AllaBreve @ 04/28/16 10:39 PM

I'm no expert when it comes to digital pianos but I've shopped around quite a bit in various stores over the past month (and perused an endless stream of forum posts ;P ) and ended up with a Roland FP-30. I had been wavering between the Yamaha P-115
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by gooddog @ 04/28/16 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By VidThe first year I went to the academy I signed up for the 'intermediate' concerto class and performed the first movement of Bach's d minor concerto (gooddog did the same a few years ago so she can relate her experience too).
Piano Forum
Sometimes the serial number is stamped into the sound board, and can be difficult to locate if the sound board is dirty. As you're standing at the keyboard, it might be in an area of the sound board under the strings closer to you than the far end of
Jump to new posts Re: EBVT III for concerts by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 04/28/16 10:16 PM

Thank you very much, Ralph. I am not one to back down or away from an idea that I know works and why it works.
I'm sorry Tim but I can't hear it. I have slight Tinnitus in my ears and that does not help. Your recording volume on my computer for that mp3 is kind of low. I have the volume of the recording maxed and my PC volume at 10 and I am still not hea
Piano Forum
What color are the bass strings? Do they look like copper or silver?
Originally Posted By DoelKees The hyperbole around temperaments is misleading to laypeople. The placebo effect is very strong. Kees [/quote] So, I wonder why so many people who have no specific information make such specific comments?
I always roll my eyes when someone claims that ET has key color because by definition, it does not. I have studied and practiced the subject of key color for more than 30 years, yet people who have never even dabbled in the subject try to claim that
Originally Posted By rysowersI always roll my eyes when I here people describe equal temperament as having "no color". That is poppycock. Even a person with very poor vision can recognize the difference between a black & white photograp
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts What is Kawai's Equivalent to Yamaha's U3? by johnbarnesiii @ 04/28/16 09:57 PM

Hey guys, pardon my ignorance but what is the Kawai equivalent to the Yamaha U3 upright? I'm considering a piano upgrade and Yamaha's are great but tend to be a little bright for my tonal preference. Kawai's seem to have that darker, warmer feel tha
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by JoeT @ 04/28/16 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By sirosIf we fully lift the key, the damper would fall down to touch the string. The string may have some vibration energy left after being touched by the damper, depending on how loud the note is played, how long it is held, and h
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played it worse at home. by Hendrik42 @ 04/28/16 09:49 PM

There is an longer talk on YouTube about how the brain processes music and makes music etc. The speaker is sitting at a piano because he is making examples and such. Somewhere at the beginning he says that switching between talking and playing is ha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ 04/28/16 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By indigo_daveI bookmarked you blogspot. I'm interested to hear your harmonic ovservations in this work. And I just today (amazon in the mail) got LvB's complete variations - plastic comb bound. Yipee! I had the good fortune to sn
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared Piano? by Isabelle1949 @ 04/28/16 09:27 PM

I attended one performance of prepared piano. It was nothing I imagined it would be. It was crazy!!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts New Piano Technique by stalefleas @ 04/28/16 09:21 PM

I believe I have invented a technique for upright piano but am not sure, it may have been done before. I certainly haven't seen it done or heard of it. I don't think this would be classified as prepared piano. However, there is a little preparation
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by Kawai James @ 04/28/16 09:20 PM

Finfan, not yet, I'm afraid. However, I hope to prepare an English language version for the Kawai Global site in the near future - perhaps next month. These child development products are predominantly sold in Japan, however we are starting to see
Page 59 of 85 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 84 85 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What piano wood do you prefer?
by andres_1001
Today at 06:37 PM
Soundboard braces
by Beemer
Today at 06:13 PM
Backposts
by andres_1001
Today at 05:15 PM
Piano String Covers - Canada
by ryanmanwich
Today at 04:29 PM
Bleichröder Berlin - does it exist?
by clueless101
Today at 04:10 PM
Forum Stats
83,498 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,378 Topics
2,520,975 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission