Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by Piano Doug @ 07/26/14 02:47 AM

Why not "overbook" the way airlines and hotels do? Damon points out that all of the e-citals here have had dropouts. If you were to overbook by, say, 25%, you would end up closer to a full recital. Better yet, look at the 8 e-citals and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by wouter79 @ 07/26/14 02:45 AM

A teacher once told me I'm D major This this reminds me of Christian Friedrich Daniel Schubart (1789) Ideen zu einer ństhetik der Tonkunst (translation Ted Alan DuBois) 'Characterization of the keys', p.433 Composers in that era probably were i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: where to "advertise" in northern California? by AZNpiano @ 07/26/14 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: malkin Some posters had discounted the value of a web site or questioned the practice of conducting a web search on names from a list; I only wanted to express the utility of using google to check names from a list before callin
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Interviewing Transfer Students by AZNpiano @ 07/26/14 02:34 AM

I didn't start this thread to dump all the transfer students in the same cesspool. I have had the pleasure of teaching a number of excellent transfer students--some of them had years of great teaching, and some of them came to me early enough that I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by wouter79 @ 07/26/14 02:25 AM

Maybe phantomFive was hoping to start a discussion on what it is that music communicates? Atrys, stupid is a vague term, do you mean mendelssohn is (1) boring or (2) lacking intelligence?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Broadway medley by cheni @ 07/26/14 02:10 AM

Does anyone know where I can download/purchase broadway medleys arranged by Stan whitmire??
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: supersport Yes for an RV it would be hard to have even a 5 foot grand along for the ride! Maybe you can find room for a digital to tuck into a closet at that time. Actually, that is my hope. :} Or perhaps as a replacement
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance for Publishing by Nikolas @ 07/26/14 01:50 AM

Oh yes, certainly! I didn't think about... Whoops me... Dachshund, this is an excellent place to promote your works, in a non commercial way; post a recording (and/or) a score and see how it goes.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ? by BruceD @ 07/26/14 01:45 AM

I took my RCM (Toronto) Grade 10 many, many years ago before I graduated from high school. Then a few years of work, then University and Graduate School, then a teaching career took me away from the piano. I never even owned a piano for all my prof
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing my piano after being away all week... by Museusmusic @ 07/26/14 01:31 AM

If I miss one day of practice, I notice it. If I miss two days, the critics notice it. If I miss three days, the audience notices it.Ignacy Paderewski, (1860-1941) Polish pianist and prime minister of Poland in 1919. Where did he find all the time?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ? by Goomer Piles @ 07/26/14 01:25 AM

I think you can be back in the saddle again with fairly little time or effort once you apply yourself. You just need to decide to do it! Tons of amateurs have been away from piano for longer periods than you, and everyone's experiences I'm aware of
Composer's Lounge
Ok, Sorry, Didn't see that part.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by Tararex @ 07/26/14 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: AZ_AstroWhat an amazing body of work! It will take some time to listen to all of it and see which key I am! Yes, I agree. Disregarding the silly factor involved with each key-as-human-characteristic storyline, anybody who is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts I'm Back!! by warlock214 @ 07/26/14 12:52 AM

I took some time away from learning to play to focus on my health. I've lost lost 93 lbs so far! I sat down the other day, played a couple of songs from my practice book and realized how much I missed playing! So I'm gonna get back to playing. I wan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by backto_study_piano @ 07/26/14 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTIt is the string length that matters for plain wire. Longer strings for a given pitch, change pitch, (for a given dimensional change), less than shorter string lengths. And the ratio between core wire diameter an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by backto_study_piano @ 07/26/14 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: PianoWorksATLOriginally Posted By: wimpianoIf it has to do with the struts then my piano is of the hook No struts at all. Grotrian chose a different construction. The "star" back is made of many laminations, similar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ? by Spektre @ 07/26/14 12:45 AM

Hello all, I'm an ex-piano player, havent touched a piano in 6 years now. But I'm starting to have regrets. I'm 27 years old and have studied and practiced piano for 15 years. I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the "Royal Conservatory
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by carey @ 07/26/14 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: carey Exhibit 2 http://youtu.be/ZJQiqTELwwI I don't understand how this is related.... It's an example of a "stupid, romantic" creation by Mendelssohn "which fills the soul with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bored kid at Cosco.. by PhilipInChina @ 07/26/14 12:27 AM

Very good.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by PhilipInChina @ 07/26/14 12:22 AM

No, thank YOU for posting.
Adult Beginners Forum
Wouter, thanks for sharing your interesting analogy about driving and performing. I think its very apt. Elssa, I love Debussy and agree with you that his music is dreamy and has a similar effect to hearing water in a waterfall. Maybe he is the on
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: musicpassionYou're thinking of paying $20,000 for a 5' or 5'3" piano you'll use for three years? If the money doesn't matter to you, that ok. Bit if it does... Get a nice upright you can take with you when you move. 20,
Piano Forum
Yes for an RV it would be hard to have even a 5 foot grand along for the ride! Maybe you can find room for a digital to tuck into a closet at that time.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by phantomFive @ 07/26/14 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: carey Exhibit 2 http://youtu.be/ZJQiqTELwwI I don't understand how this is related....
Piano Forum
Thank you all for your advice. I'm not having any luck yet in private sellers which I'm more included to buy it from as it would be a lot cheaper than from a piano store. As for restored Steinways, I'm not sure how good they would be. I tried a ve
Page 59 of 123 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 122 123 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
148 registered (accordeur, A Guy, ajames, 44 invisible), 1722 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75579 Members
42 Forums
156267 Topics
2294944 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
M-Audio Oxygen 88 vs. StudioLogic Numa Compact
by snapdragon
07/29/14 07:02 PM
Sheet Music Retainers
by MargaretUK
07/29/14 05:20 PM
piano contest
by wkurashima
07/29/14 04:47 PM
piano contest Clavinova
by wkurashima
07/29/14 04:39 PM
Proper chunking method
by Edtek
07/29/14 03:10 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission