Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
137 registered (anotherscott, ando, 37 invisible), 1414 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 speaker noise by stamkorg @ 06/28/15 05:36 PM

What kind of noise is it? Is it electrical, parasitic...? Is it just a discrete but permanent hssssss? Not variable with the volume level and disappearing when you plug headphones? If so, they will tell you it is normal. My HP507 makes this kind of
Pianist Corner
It's hard to play badly that well. http://youtu.be/AwKllFRKXzw
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserEnjoying the work on Bach's 2-part Inventions. Need to work more on getting the trills fluent and easy. It's still a challenge to combine everything at the same time...hearing each voice independently, how both wo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Mark_C @ 06/28/15 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiIf there isn't a clear winner that differentiates from the others (which seems to be the case this time) they might not give 1st prize and make ties of 2nd and 3rd prizes..... I doubt it, and I hope not. I've always assumed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What adult beginners should be learning by Albunea @ 06/28/15 05:17 PM

It makes sense to me, Noonie.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Alexander BorroI don't think many of these console pianos are that nice looking either in that price range unless your wife has that sort of IKEA taste, it is that sort of finish/style with the Casio. If she is very picky I'd ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sunday Whittering by peterws @ 06/28/15 04:57 PM

I think Sarah Brightman had a big hand in popularization of classics. A trained dancer on Top of the Pops, she became Andrew Lloyd Webbers wife and her talents were consequently showcased. Her looks were, too of course. Half the UK fell in love wit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What adult beginners should be learning by Noonie @ 06/28/15 04:35 PM

For me it isn't about anxiety, rather level of competency I wish to reach. I know it's silly, but if I said I want to be good enough to perform solo or join an orchestra, I'd be saying I better be pretty darn good. I guess you could also perform at
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Search not working? by ebonykawai @ 06/28/15 04:33 PM

Thank you, feel free to delete this post, sorry to throw in the middle of nowhere, LOL!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing the next Chopin etude to learn by Svenno @ 06/28/15 04:31 PM

Wow, I can feel some positive effects already after 2 days of practicing it! I've got most of the right hand figured out... seems like it's going to be quite difficult getting the two hands together, but overall, it's not too bad! Now it's just the m
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Debussy, Gershwin by pianoloverus @ 06/28/15 04:17 PM

Can't listen right now but I think Bruyers is sensational piece.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: hunting for a piano by Rickster @ 06/28/15 04:08 PM

Sounds like a plan!! If the I&P is one of the older, tall uprights, make sure you have lots of help moving it. Those old uprights are very heavy. Good luck, and post some pictures when you get it! Rick
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Search not working? by Rickster @ 06/28/15 04:03 PM

I get the same error message, but it appears to be from Google. Not sure what the problem is, but I'll report it to Frank Baxter, owner of Piano World. Sorry for the inconvenience. Rick
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: meantone temperament by gynnis @ 06/28/15 04:02 PM

I'm a bit confused. Usually I tune 1/4 comma meantone for the harpsichord for pre-Bach music. The advantage is the growl of the near perfect thirds, and the thin sound of the near perfect fifths. As long as you don't go more than three sharps or f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1966 Baldwin L: Refinished and outfitted with WNG action by Piano Practice @ 06/28/15 03:45 PM

Very, very nice! Both the tone quality of the Baldwin L and your playing. Last summer, I had chance to tour M&H and saw up close the WNG action. Also, I had the opportunity to try out the action on a couple of their CCs. All I can say are p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reverse sticker-shock? by gynnis @ 06/28/15 03:44 PM

I had a similar experience buying my 206, since the authorized dealer went out of business. One thing on the big Seiler, they have a very big sound. If you have a relatively small house, think about softening those hard Abel hammers. Yes the Renne
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by prout @ 06/28/15 03:41 PM

The math underlying the entropy-based tuner assumes that every interval on the piano (all possible combinations of 88 notes, including 88 notes played simultaneously) is equally important, an assumption that only occurs in ET. The authors attempted
Member Recordings
Hi Anastasia, You had a very agressive touch in this music... and I loved it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What adult beginners should be learning by malkin @ 06/28/15 03:33 PM

Personally, "I don't want to perform" is a declaration about my level of anxiety. I could also imagine hearing that statement as "I'd practice anything--it doesn't matter how boring it sounds."
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By TX-Bluebonnet Hey Dru, nice that you got the accidentals corrected with the help of your son's teacher. But how did that come about? Do you play the piano at the same time your son is having his lesson? He was sick this week, s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Les Dawson - Royal Variety Performance - Dec. 2, 1973 by Michael Sayers @ 06/28/15 03:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtTzBnBzyDs#t=1m39s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Search not working? by ebonykawai @ 06/28/15 03:28 PM

Sorry, guys, I had no idea where to post this. I keep getting error messages when I try to search. It's happened on both my computers, so I don't think the issue is on my end. Is anyone else having trouble? Who would we contact? Thanks!
Pianist Corner
And I am expecting the most artistic renditions of Tch 1 and Liszt 2 from Debargue. Also very a powerful full tone, exciting octave and passage works and various dynamic colors are some of the things that I expect in his performances.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing the next Chopin etude to learn by trigalg693 @ 06/28/15 03:25 PM

I found 25-6 to be extremely useful to training "finger independence", it's made playing multiple notes in the hand much easier. I'm not convinced 10-2 is as useful, but I'm learning it anyways because why not.
Piano Forum
All, thanks for the positive comments about my playing. I greatly appreciate it. And I'm really glad the rebuild turned out well, and that you enjoyed the piano's tone. I posted a new thread in the Member Recordings - Pianist Corner forum here an
Page 59 of 95 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 94 95 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Psychology of improvisation as a kind of musical thinking
by Nahum
07/02/15 01:15 PM
Another Recording Question
by Rich D.
07/02/15 12:45 PM
Amazing composition but...
by Lov3Cat
07/02/15 12:44 PM
The Lonely Pianist
by Simon Hester
07/02/15 09:38 AM
Why do people press black keys with multiple fingers?
by Nantes
07/02/15 09:20 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,852 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,245 Topics
2,423,325 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission