Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
158 registered (accordeur, Agfinguy, A Guy, alfredo capurso, 41 invisible), 1893 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $15,000 budget for upright--suggestions? by Michael Sayers @ 01/28/15 10:26 AM

Does it need to be an upright for reasons of space and possibly also neighbors? Even nowadays sometimes one can find a used, American made Baldwin SD-10 for that price. I'm not suggesting that you get one of those concert grands, but rather that yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need Advice on Kawai CX-21D by Lasa @ 01/28/15 10:25 AM

I am considering purchasing a shiny ebony Kawai CX-21D that was bought brand new in 1990 and rarely played. I think his asking price is a bit steep ($2200), would you say $1700 is a more fair price? If the piano is indeed in mint condition, despite
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by dire tonic @ 01/28/15 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: McBuster (gourmet) - what are you eating tonight?
Thanks for your response. I will be recording the piece at home. The piece I'll be playing is Clair de Lune. I want to submit both an video and audio recording for the ABF recital. I don't know anything about recording to a metronome. This is a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rXd @ 01/28/15 10:22 AM

I, personally have never found any difference in time taken between the strip method and tuning by completed unisons.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway B price by Radio.Octave @ 01/28/15 10:22 AM

Thanks for the advice. The store actually had two, side by side, both on consignment from different owners. I definitely liked the one better than the other. I heard about them being there and really just wanted to satisfy my curiosity. Since the
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by Enthusiast @ 01/28/15 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: CyberGeneOriginally Posted By: mabramanNobody's being rude here, man. And this is not a church. Or is it? It would have been a church if I have tortured you instead of telling you not to be rude It is very common nowadays to
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by mabraman @ 01/28/15 10:21 AM

Perhaps is my bad english, but when I say biased I mean "not neutral, or independent". It's by no means a strong word, to me. In fact, I'm biased all the time, wether I know it or not. All of us are.
Originally Posted By: griffin2417 I want to replace the audio in a video file with one recorded directly from the piano at the same time. Can anyone recommend any software that will sync the two files easily? If I understand correctly, you want a vi
Jump to new posts Kawai CA67 - CA97 Not Listed On KawaiUS.com by McBuster @ 01/28/15 10:19 AM

Hmmmm ... Why would a prominent manufacturer and marketing company fail to have a concerted worldwide effort when announcing new products? Followed by prompt customer deliveries?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: P. Tchaikovsky - Op.39 No.16 ??? by ajames @ 01/28/15 10:18 AM

Thanks Jytte, I really love that piece, I played it for months and months, never really got tired of it. My teacher helped me a lot with fingerings, especially on the bars you mentioned. The fingerings in the version I had were just wacky. Also the f
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by Hendrik42 @ 01/28/15 10:15 AM

A "slight pull" and then this starts happening and stays forever? And does a "slight push" resolve it somehow? I have contacted Kawai support, they responded the next day asking for some details and have then forwarded this to a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Recording session gigs by dire tonic @ 01/28/15 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Thomas Williams -How do you charge for studio work (i.e., per hour, per song within a reasonable time frame, etc.)? Here are the rates for the UK, there'll be something similar in every country. Broadly, the Unions lay down mi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: P. Tchaikovsky - Op.39 No.16 ??? by ClsscLib @ 01/28/15 10:08 AM

Thank you, Wimpiano! I love the fact that great pianists make recordings of pieces that are within the range of amateurs. It gives us a goal!
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by McBuster @ 01/28/15 10:06 AM

;-0 These threads sure can get involved! Here's a thought. On YouTube, there is a young man who has a series of presentations. His name is Richard Clayderman. By appearances he is somewhere between high school and college age. He plays on a Yamah
Pianist Corner
I also play them pianissimo staccato. Mel
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Mark R. @ 01/28/15 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Well, the $0.97 Walmart CA glue had absolutely no problem wicking into the pin. Well, I'm happy for you (sorta'). I, on the other hand, would want the CA not only to wick in-between the pin and plate bushing, but to p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by ClsscLib @ 01/28/15 10:02 AM

I'm starting two new pieces this week -- the Chopin A min Waltz (op post) and an arrangement of Cole Porter's "I've Got You Under My Skin" from Pianist Magazine. My achievement, such as it is, is attempting to sight read each piece all t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a used Grand. To Pass or buy? by Troy 125 @ 01/28/15 10:00 AM

Posting pictures: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2248307.html
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Great stuff, Heather! Congratulations on your role in it.
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by OperaTenor @ 01/28/15 09:53 AM

I check my unisons when I'm fininshed; who wouldn't? But, I can hear a clunker very easily, so it doesn't take me a lot of time discern them. Whenever I hear one, then I get out the wedge and diagnose the problem. For an experienced tuner, unisons s
I recently acquired from a dear elderly acquaintance a lovely all original NY Steinway model L that was lovingly looked after for all its life. It is very close to what I desire in a piano, but it needs a regulation as it has not been played for more
Pianist Corner
I'm sure you veterans know about this, but... I've been doing this after watching some Youtube videos, and the result has been more control over my playing! This seems to be a variation of what Glen Gould was taught.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: "What is Swing?" Patricia Barber takes a whack... by dire tonic @ 01/28/15 09:50 AM

although the subject of swing does open itself up for some close and revealing examination of timing it's not something I can see as being useful to a student. I don't think it can be learnt. It's something that happens, something that a musician ca
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday, Mozart! by gooddog @ 01/28/15 09:48 AM

KINGFM, our local classical radio station, plays a piece by Mozart every hour for the entire month. It's just lovely!
Page 59 of 116 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Age of tech vs. quality level for a DP?
by JeepnHeel
01/31/15 02:09 PM
Where is Mark C?
by ando
01/31/15 01:47 PM
Uninspired by my MP11
by Markarian
01/31/15 01:43 PM
Question on Yamaha T118
by sjcby
01/31/15 01:23 PM
New Kawai CA95sb arrived
by Johan B
01/31/15 01:21 PM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161093 Topics
2366442 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission