Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
60 registered (ando, AZNpiano, barbaram, 8opus, Arthell, 6 invisible), 1746 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by barbaram @ 02/22/17 09:30 AM

This thread makes me wish there was a "like" button on the forum. I'm inspired y all these elderly students and indeed aspire to be one myself some day!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai UST-7 vs UST-9 by Jolly @ 02/22/17 09:27 AM

IMO, the UST-7 is a better piano than the UST-9, and I've heard from some of the techs that the 7 tends to hold its tuning better in adverse conditions. Condition is king, of course. As for the Hailun, PianoWorks in Atlanta will sell a 121 for in th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Franz Beebert @ 02/22/17 09:23 AM

In what way yes and what way no?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Falsch - I tried loading different Piano Designer profiles into slots óther than 1. Concert Piano and failed.. I seem to remember you doing this and succeeding? Here no matter what I do, it is just 1.Concert Piano that is pliant to any given profile
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by john f @ 02/22/17 09:18 AM

When playing a number using the chords from the C6dim scale instead of notes is it possible to advance the r.h.chord while still playing the l.h. melody of the previous note? Also when playing as mentioned above is it alright to change from one type
That is a big enough difference for me to say CA95 ^^ Even with some smooth talking and negotiating I image the eventual price difference might still be 600USD at least.. Comparing an almost flagship model 5 years old with mid/entry level of 1 yea
Piano Forum
In this age of the internet, determining the true selling price of pretty much anything is very easy. MSRP is pretty much irrelevant in most cases, it's merely a suggested retail price as stated and usually on the high side of a realistic fair selli
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by xyzzyFL @ 02/22/17 09:09 AM

Another 'oldie but goodie' here - age 76 and just started back at the piano after about thirty years. Taking lessons and getting better every week. Age is not an issue with my teacher and AFIC, if you want to learn something, you can no matter what y
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by john f @ 02/22/17 09:03 AM

When playing a number using the chords from the C6dim scale instead of notes is it possible to advance the r.h.chord while still playing the l.h. melody of the previous note? Also when playing as mentioned above is it alright to change from one type
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales question by Bsw @ 02/22/17 09:01 AM

I had my lesson yesterday and my teacher liked your responses. Said use of fingers was mostly related to the harpisord and size of the keyboard and keys.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Here in Mexico, tuning pins are available, via United States Postal Service, so I prefer to replace the pins with bigger ones instead of shimming them.
@Goss: The price difference is about 1.150USD as the CA95 is slightly used. So a new CA97 is not an option for us. @dmd: Thank you for your input. The '95 is used. As in ex-demo piano used in the store. Thank you for your input guys. I really app
Piano Forum
I used to be a piano dealer, so I will offer some comments. MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. As the name suggests, the manufacturer sets the MSRP, not the dealer. The floor price offered by the dealer is rarely MSRP; it typ
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yes, I hammer in the pins. What I call inconsistent results is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the width of the strip of sandpaper I put in the hole is just right but sometimes it is not enough and the pin is loose and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scratches on my 6 months old grand, how to fix? by Hermerik @ 02/22/17 08:46 AM

So now I called him and he said that it could be that since the polyester is warmed up when working on it it can happen that some structure appears after it cools down; but he agreed to come back and redo the polishing. Story to be continued next w
Since you are beginner(s), I would suggest that you use your fingers, ears, and eyes to make the decision. None of that other technical specifications you mention has any significance to a beginner and you will both be beginners for quite some time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nice Video - kudos to PianoCraft by Keith D Kerman @ 02/22/17 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By kluurs I just found a video from PianoCraft, the folks from whom I bought my piano. I'm still loving my PianoCraft Steinway piano after six years. My technician loves it too. Watching the video makes me want to stop by the shop
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Timothy-NL... Wile i'm probably to old at 32 to play recitals or performances. No matter how fast a learner i might be. Though if an opportunity does present itself down the line i'll go at it head first. The next recital hosted
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scratches on my 6 months old grand, how to fix? by Hermerik @ 02/22/17 08:27 AM

Yeah -- it seems so. Concerning insurance; well I have an insurance, but will it cover HIS mistakes? I think I will call him and ask him to polish the surface again -- that seems the only thing to be done. But is it acceptable to pay for a 2nd job
Piano Forum
Sounds like he made a quick job of it - those circles are a sign he did not do all the steps down to the really fine buffing. To make all that disappear, the whole surface needs doing - this would be a job taking an hour and a half perhaps total for
bt midi ís useful - the page turning option alone is gold ^^ Jus thow much of a difference would it make CA95 vs CA97 cost wise for you? Keep in mind, 10% off the sticker price is an easy target to make with some negotiations..
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by Goss @ 02/22/17 08:11 AM

I did not feel it heavy as such really - quite even and pleasant. The Grand Feel II which is the top of the line action from Kawai, just one step up from the RMIII Grand II, is perhaps a little easier. Both are excellent value for money What the Kaw
CA95 - no contest.
Originally Posted By Msweden So, what is better you think? A used higher-end DP from previous generation (CA95) or a brand new one from a lower-end range? How much have the technology of DPs improved in the 5 years between their release? I vote for
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by Eveinwonderlands @ 02/22/17 07:34 AM

Yeah, so actually, I should probably go for Kawai CA17, as this one has a pretty heavy action. That's why I'm wondering why the 535 is good for exams too, its action is not that heavy... but yeah, I get the point.
Page 59 of 86 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 85 86 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha DGX 660 or Roland Juno DS88 for First Time Keyboard?
by Clean
02/27/17 03:12 AM
Easy song to start transpose
by johan d
02/27/17 01:53 AM
Question on better sound quality on Skype piano lessons
by z.chen
02/27/17 12:21 AM
Piano Career Academy -diary for Russian Method online course
by Richrf
02/26/17 11:12 PM
Making Lemonade. (Practice while an injury heals)
by Oongawa
02/26/17 09:57 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,812 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,741 Topics
2,602,191 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission