Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
If you go to a typical online music store ... Kraft Music, Sweetwater for example ... they have a Summer NAMM link where they list all of the announced products.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brilliant sound by joe80 @ 07/21/14 11:06 AM

Hi Gynnis - Yeah I find the new Bluthners a bit dry sounding, and for some reason in some of the pianos the top is a bit dead. It's not that in some of the models the top is dead - it's that you can have one model 6 that is perfect, and another that
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by Olek @ 07/21/14 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: rysowersOriginally Posted By: bellspianoBoy oh boy, Ryan, for me the challenge would have been taking the thing apart so I could tune it. Does the electric-powered rectangular solid on the top lift off? What is it, anyhow? And a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: MikeNWell, I think one only need check out Jorge Bolet's masterclass and performance, that sort of accompanies it, to see that there is a considerable amount of depth to the work that often lies untapped for the sake of virtuoso
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by Purkoy @ 07/21/14 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXHI used a sound pressure meter to capture several different notes on my teacher's Yamaha C3, at three dynamic levels (p, mf, f). I then went and played the same three notes at the three dynamic levels on the Kawai. I sim
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by Silver Keys @ 07/21/14 10:59 AM

You may want to consider buying a pair of studio monitors (self-powered speakers) and playing through those. I have a Yamaha P155 and my one complaint is that the built in speakers seem cheap and underpowered
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical Pianists don't want a better piano? by Mark Polishook @ 07/21/14 10:58 AM

Ando, To be forthright about the whole matter, I'll just apologise. to you and anyone else who reads what's I've written as being the spirit you've described. I don't work for Richard Dain. I know him because I purchased a piano from him. And it's a
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by Olek @ 07/21/14 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittIsaac, that is the way I have been doing it. I thought you meant something else. And you still have slipping bits? The small bits I have for wood will heat in glue, but they are very sharp and the chips
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/21/14 10:53 AM

Olek, This is how I punch the bridge before drilling. Then I use high-helix parabolic bits in my variable speed, air powered drill. The pattern is laid out on masking tape and meticulously corrected for uniform position and speaking length to provide
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three-Part Invention by Nikolas @ 07/21/14 10:52 AM

No, it can't. But as it stands this can't really be printed in any convenient way. Perhaps posting both would be the best possible solution, although more work for the composer... ?
Pianist Corner
fnork-- Thanks for a well-reasoned and -informed post, not all of which I agree with. I guess I have to profess the naive opinion that the Rachmaninoff 3rd, the Liszt Sonata, and the Waldstein are all profound, each in its own way. Incidentally, re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Palmpirate @ 07/21/14 10:48 AM

You have my heartfelt sympathies. In time your musical memories of your father will be a joy.
Jump to new posts Re: Damp Chaser question. by Minnesota Marty @ 07/21/14 10:45 AM

Frank, we were typing at the same time.
Thanks to Charles and to MacMacMac on how to hook up my future DP to some external speakers. I will check out Guitar Center, Radio Shack, perhaps even Monoprice.com to see if they have that adapter and cables. David
Jump to new posts Re: Damp Chaser question. by Minnesota Marty @ 07/21/14 10:43 AM

It is true that distilled water is nonconductive. The D-C water treatment contains the proper electrolytes for the tank sensor to work and antibacterials so 'stuff' doesn't grow. Ragdoll was asking if she should "do something about it or ignor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it important that th pinblock ... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/21/14 10:43 AM

Point-load crush is never seen on high-quality pin-blocks. Since you can only change tension one string at a time there is time for the whole thing to pivot and warp slightly. Remember each pin holds quite a point load without crushing. Crushing arou
Jump to new posts Re: Damp Chaser question. by Frank Pinn @ 07/21/14 10:42 AM

Ragdoll this is straight from Dampp Chaser 3. Adding water to the Humidifier tank. Your System will need water at regular intervals such as every two weeks (+/-), depending on your environment. If this regular interval changes drastically, call your
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by Olek @ 07/21/14 10:42 AM

Jim, do you use specific drill bits for wood? Their hélicoïdal shape get the chops out efficiently. Nothing as usual metal bits. Then no clogging or undue heating. I understand you do not like to be given advice or information from elsewhere,
Charles, Thanks for the recommendation on the P255. Would you consider upgrading your Casio Previa PX-350 to the P255 if you had the money? Do you like your PX-350? David
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magical moment by Rich Galassini @ 07/21/14 10:40 AM

I would love to see a picture, Philip. That is cool stuff!
When I was talking about the sticky keys on the Casio Previa keyboard, I meant that they felt sticky to my fingers when I was playing one of the demonstration models. It felt like somebody spilled some drink with sugar in it by accident-sort like a
Use the line output, not the headphone output. Computer speakers are made to respond to a line output, not a headphone output. Either output will work, but line output is the right choice.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it important that th pinblock ... by A443 @ 07/21/14 10:32 AM

It is mainly a design problem: with pianos that have the pinblock affixed to the wooden frame of the piano, the plate needs to be lowered into piano, checked/marked, and then whole metal plate removed to access the pinblock to make the adjustments. T
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by bellspiano @ 07/21/14 10:30 AM

Thanks, Ryan -- I am very reassured by your explanation. Nevertheless, sooner you than me!
Jump to new posts Re: Damp Chaser question. by prout @ 07/21/14 10:30 AM

This is a little off topic so please excuse my rant. I get tired of people saying "It is not good to guess." (Marty - I am not angry with you, just angry with a concept.) Guessing is at the very heart of scientific enquiry. I make a g
Page 59 of 116 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
97 registered (AndrewJCW, AmateurBob, A Guy, 26 invisible), 1311 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75498 Members
42 Forums
156113 Topics
2292528 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need advice on buying a Yamaha Disklavier
by Lady
Today at 01:17 AM
Surge protection?
by TX-Bluebonnet
Today at 12:01 AM
Opening up an old Piano
by musicNow
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Unusual Big Key Depth Yamaha Motif Xs7
by Ivan Jochner
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Yamaha P255
by pianist.ame
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission