Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (3times2, agraffe, aliash, 36251, Al LaPorte, 32 invisible), 1325 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Experience Playing "Before-beat" Music by MacMorrighan @ 05/20/16 03:12 AM

I was wondering what the proper name for this was called. THANKS!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Arturia releases new modeled Piano by euphoria @ 05/20/16 03:10 AM

I wish there would be more alternatives to pianoteq, this is still not ready version, I don't know why they released this product, its not even ready for qa. maybe next version would be better, but for now, its not there. not yet.
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of getting a Casio PX-5S by Charles Cohen @ 05/20/16 03:00 AM

There's an extensive review of the PX5S in "Sound on Sound", July 2014. It should be available free, I think -- try www.soundonsound.com According to that review, the PX5S _is_ a "real synth" (fully programmable), as well as ha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Raising the balance rail using the studs could warp the keyframe. The classic method of setting the studs is to remove the upper action and keys from the keyframe, and put a strip of newspaper under the studs while the keyframe is properly positione
Adult Beginners Forum
Regardless of the method you will start with the easy basics and most often with some popular tunes. Personally I started with Alfreds basic adult piano course and the classic piano course by Carol Barratt. I think they complement each other well. A
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Experience Playing "Before-beat" Music by Groove On @ 05/20/16 02:19 AM

The name for what you're describing is called a pickup. It's usually a musical phrase that starts on something other than the 1 beat. The pickup will generally repeat within the song, where you can practice it. It may even lead you from the end, back
No. The keybed is not perfectly flat. Nor is the keyframe. Studs are meant for bedding the balance rail of the keyframe to the keybed. The height of the keys is not regulated with the studs. It is regulated by shimming the whole balance rail (uprig
Yes I think so too. Is raising the balance rail stud has the same effect with adding paper to all balance rail pin?
Balance rail studs are meant for bedding the balance rail to the key bed. Every piano technician should know that. I'm afraid he doesn't know what he's doing.
thank you very much ,I get it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: need help about a piano by PhilipInChina @ 05/20/16 01:57 AM

Upright or grand? Pictures would help.
It seems that my technician change his mind instead of raising the balance rail by adding paper or changing felt, he raise it by rotating the balance rail stud? (Is the name correct? It looks like tuning pin and there are 4 of them) After raising it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts need help about a piano by MrBlues @ 05/20/16 01:54 AM

Hello there! New meat here, this is my first post here, so first let me say hello! I am not a pianist basically, but music is a big part of my life, I play some songs on the instrument, but I am a wannabe jazz guitarist. My mother has a Hölzl W
Originally Posted By Beemer To those who feel that recording every note is a time waster. It takes me seven minutes to record. Really? 7 minutes? 88 notes? How is it possible? That gives you less than 5 seconds to record each note. I've tried E
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by Nordomus @ 05/20/16 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson Looks like the full version is for sale on the web site http://digital.musicminusone.com/rachman...d-2-cd-set.html We've been talking about it, this version is almost like a midi ones you can get for free on intern
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by currawong @ 05/20/16 01:40 AM

Widmung does *not* have an umlaut.
Jump to new posts Re: pardon ! i need a help here ,wish somebody can help by newer player @ 05/20/16 01:28 AM

Why don't you start with youtube's subtitles function? Click on the round gear, select subtitles, select auto-translate, select chinese. Youtube has terrible translation but it is a good place to start.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Kawai James @ 05/20/16 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By ThatAdamGuyMIDI stuff will work on Android Marshmallow for sure, maybe Lollipop, but almost certainly not on earlier versions. I believe Bluetooth LE requires Marshmallow, according to this page: Quote:Beginning with the Androi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by BDB @ 05/20/16 01:18 AM

There is such software, music optical character recognition software, but I do not know how well it works.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by AZ_Astro @ 05/20/16 01:17 AM

42. lyricmudra - Adagio, Concerto No. 3 in D Minor for Solo Keyboard, BWV 974 I have fallen in love with this piece and have started to learn it. What an elegant and divine arrangement by Bach of this Concerto for Oboe! You play the piece with
Jump to new posts Re: Can a very old piano still be voiced? by AZ_Astro @ 05/20/16 01:00 AM

When I purchased my 1971 Kawai, the hammers must have been pretty hard. I complained to my tech that the sound was "harsh". He told me to add a throw carpets to the room and put some things on the walls. That helped some. Then he of co
Adult Beginners Forum
I take lessons and my teacher has assigned me classical pieces as well as pieces from children's piano guides. I don't care if the piece is made for kids or adults as long as it helps me to progress. I also use children's piano guides for sight readi
Adult Beginners Forum
With my limited experience on method books some adult books are designed to be used for self-teaching while children's method books are without exception meant to be used with a teacher. So if you get a teacher he/she will help you pick the material
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by eshmh @ 05/20/16 12:39 AM

Right, Piano Designer depends on MIDI over Bluetooth. According to the specs, it requires Bluetooth 4.0, which means the phone cannot be too old (4.0 standard adopted as of 30 June 2010).
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by Fer De Armas @ 05/20/16 12:19 AM

Hi propianist, i really agree with many of that features for future MP upgrades, but i truly consider that Kawai must release a lightweight version of the MP7, maybe they can call this new baby MP7Le, under 15 kilos or less. This new board is intend
Page 59 of 82 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 81 82 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Duet partner in New Orleans
by Isabelle1949
05/25/16 10:24 AM
Playing strings of staccato chords
by Muove
05/25/16 09:19 AM
KAWAI CA91 compared to CA65
by cuchuoi
05/25/16 05:47 AM
No capstans and question about damper lift
by Beemer
05/25/16 01:56 AM
MESSIAEN - Theme and variations
by PatrickCaldwell
05/24/16 09:51 PM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,914 Topics
2,527,559 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission