Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
132 registered (3times2, accordeur, acetonitrile, ahoffmann, 35 invisible), 1593 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by Steve Chandler @ 07/22/15 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By johnlewisgrant....Critics and piano teachers (there are plenty of other examples) often talk as if musical taste is a MATTER OF OBJECTIVE FACT. IT IS NOT.... "Shakespeare is great!"....NOT a
Piano Forum
Hey Rick: Nobody is outdoing anybody: love your playing and may just take up your song into my own repertoire next. Royalties paid promptly and in full!! Norbert
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: OT - What do you eat while playing? by LXXXVIIIdentes @ 07/22/15 02:22 PM

Have we missed "-umble pie"!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mono vs Stereo Speakers by peterws @ 07/22/15 02:19 PM

The amazing thing, and one which perplexed me for a long time was this. If you connect two strongly stereo(d) lh and rh together in mono mode (supposedly) it sounds totally wierd. I had a stereo piano which displayed this trait. Fortunately, the Gr
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pin rust by Morodiene @ 07/22/15 02:19 PM

I'm going to sort of hijack this thread because it's very closely related to what I need to know and it seems as though the OP's question has been answered. But let me know if I should start a new one. I am repurposing an old 1912 Poole upright int
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mental Practice by Farmerjones @ 07/22/15 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79If I remember correctly, some time ago research was posted here on PW that showed that practice at the real piano is more time-efficient than mental practice. True enough, actual keyboard time is better, but I didn't int
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by Doritos Flavoured @ 07/22/15 02:08 PM

"best" or "most beautiful" are such silly notions
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by LaReginadellaNotte @ 07/22/15 02:05 PM

Yes, I'm not saying that artistic judgments are tantamount to scientific facts. And I do distinguish between music that I think is "great" and music that I happen to love (in many cases, the two categories coincide). Music that one happen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Introductory work on fugues/"Fugues for Dummies"? by indigo_dave @ 07/22/15 02:01 PM

Not specifically on fugues, but a method book on species counterpoint I'd recommend highly is Arnold Schoenberg's "Preliminary Exercises in Counterpoint". I worked through the 2 part and the early 3 part exercises in this book. Many years a
I got 200$ ( Not looking to spend it all UNLESS that's the only way to get great speakers. I plan on setting them on top of the pianos case, And use Ivory, My current speakers ( 50$ 8-12 year old dell speakers ) are not cutting it and are starting t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mental Practice by Moonsh1ne @ 07/22/15 01:58 PM

Completely agree. Whenever I practice, I go mental.
Piano Forum
Norbert, you had to out-do me, didn't you! That's okay... I'm still in the early stages of the learning curve! (Here's another Rickster original... "You know you got the blues" Rick
After years of playing and wasting money on lots of vst pianos, there is only one I can really recommend and one there is a good to have it, and this is first VSL Vienna imperial from the sampling world, and Pianoteq from modelling world . That`s it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by johnlewisgrant @ 07/22/15 01:54 PM

OK LaReginadellaNotte, you chose to use the word "great" in music to refer to what musical professionals (performers, historians, musicologists, etc.) have generally agreed is "great." But you're not saying that this sort of gene
I plan on removing the buttons that change the sound of the piano And the whammy bar or whatever it is. I will make it so I can re-add them when I need to, I wouldn't ask why
I really like the physis stand and speaker layout. If that could be offered with a Yamaha hybrid N2 type of action and a really authentic modelled set of grand piano sounds I would be hard pressed not to buy such an awesome instrument. Currently, the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones by MaggieGirl @ 07/22/15 01:38 PM

Get lighter, looser headphones. I greatly dislike country music. If my neighbor played it so i could hear it an hour a day I'd go batty.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mental Practice by Rerun @ 07/22/15 01:23 PM

Quote:*Problem solving*: I do not see what remembering notes has to do with problem solving? The composer of the score is the problem solver ... the scores are the directions. Kinda takes some of the fun away from bolting upright in the middle o
Jump to new posts Re: Measuring string diameter by BDB @ 07/22/15 01:13 PM

You could spend thousands of dollars or hundreds of hours replacing a soundboard, and the biggest difference it would make is that you are likely to mess up the finish on the piano, which will require additional time or money to repair. Stop worrying
Piano Forum
Sylvan and Balasz are fantastic players but the sound of Estonia is IMHO better reflected by those 2 Estonian Boogie greats: In shameless self promotion my own Boogie is less wild today and using a Roland not defiling the great Estonia name
Piano Teachers Forum
I have fridge magnets with my theatre's phone number and website on it that I hand out to everyone. "For movie information and showtimes..." Since printing anything gets much cheaper as you increase the quantity, I ordered 10,000 magnets
BTW, "Next generation" doesn't have to be "digital". I still have a perfectly adequate analogue SGU and I would welcome a resurgence of them.
Jump to new posts Re: Measuring string diameter by bellspiano @ 07/22/15 12:52 PM

You sound as if you have good perspective on the piano's situation and what you are bringing to it. This will be a valuable learning experience. Keep in touch.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLOriginally Posted By wumiThanks to you all! It is for my 5 years daughter. I'm glad you are giving her an encouraging instrument. Keep up with the service and I'm sure it will prove to be a good investment in her fu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Boogie Woogie video! Estonia Piano at World Expo 2015 by PianoWorksATL @ 07/22/15 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterNorbert? What about Rickster? "Runaway Boogie" Excellent! The more the merrier.
Page 59 of 72 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 71 72 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Parson's Buys a Significant Interest in Grottrian
by Steve Cohen
07/28/15 12:48 PM
Attention to detail and Leschetizky-Schnabel "lineage"
by hreichgott
07/28/15 12:37 PM
Choosing a digital piano
by cacophonous
07/28/15 11:11 AM
How to choose Kawai K3 and Kawai K15-E
by acetonitrile
07/28/15 09:15 AM
Best Portable Recording Interface For a DP ???
by musicmad
07/28/15 04:21 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,175 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,803 Topics
2,430,554 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission