Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
52 registered (Bellicapelli, Adam107, ando, bennevis, 16 invisible), 1691 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by CyberGene @ 11/28/16 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By mcollHey everybody! The lite version seems very tempting to me. However, I have listened to the demos and I'm wondering if the resonances are there, like in pianoteq, and if the playability is comparable. How do the CFX and the n
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by dire tonic @ 11/28/16 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By slobajudgeOriginally Posted By dire tonic More to the point, Sloba has a habit of presenting this same message repeatedly. For some, and unrefuted, this could make it read more like a fact. No more then you. Do we need to coun
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by slobajudge @ 11/28/16 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By dire tonic More to the point, Sloba has a habit of presenting this same message repeatedly. For some, and unrefuted, this could make it read more like a fact. No more then you. Do we need to count how much you give a credit to
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by dire tonic @ 11/28/16 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By slobajudgeI like Garritan CFX, also VSL Vienna imperial, the tone of this piano is beautiful. But I say my opinion, there is no sample piano on this planet that can be compared with full functionality and playability of Pianoteq.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-45 keys plastic clicking noise - Need Help by AndrewMouris @ 11/28/16 09:13 AM

I have no idea, if so, is it going to be worse?
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by slobajudge @ 11/28/16 09:13 AM

I like Garritan CFX, also VSL Vienna imperial, the tone of this piano is beautiful. But I say my opinion, there is no sample piano on this planet that can be compared with full functionality and playability of Pianoteq. And not because I work for Mod
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by dire tonic @ 11/28/16 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By mcollI think that things like "it is my impression", "I feel like" etc. are already implied for anybody reading on a forum. I don't believe it's worth arguing semantics. If you feel otherwise, it would be a b
Originally Posted By AndrewMourishttps://youtu.be/PpD_yb4kY34 Here's the video, as clearly shown the C and the D notes are the ones making the plastic noise, compared to the G and the A notes. So, what does this noise replicate? Is it possible th
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by mcoll @ 11/28/16 09:04 AM

I think that things like "it is my impression", "I feel like" etc. are already implied for anybody reading on a forum. I don't believe it's worth arguing semantics. If you feel otherwise, it would be a better use of time and foru
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Greetings, It would never work. If there is no friction at the termination point, the tension would, theoretically, be the same on both sides of the point and would remain unchanged, until somebody hit the piano hard enough to move the string. Th
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by dire tonic @ 11/28/16 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By slobajudgeOriginally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By slobajudgeSamples pianos including CFX cant be compared to playability and functionality of Pianoteq. But this is a Garritan CFX update thread. Why are you posting
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by mcoll @ 11/28/16 08:53 AM

@dire tonic - it was in response to a question I asked for a comparison between the CFX and pianoteq. I want everybody's impression who had a chance to compare them. There is no right or wrong answer, just personal preferences and maybe some comparis
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by slobajudge @ 11/28/16 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By slobajudgeSamples pianos including CFX cant be compared to playability and functionality of Pianoteq. But this is a Garritan CFX update thread. Why are you posting about Pianoteq? Anything we sho
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by dire tonic @ 11/28/16 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By slobajudgeSamples pianos including CFX cant be compared to playability and functionality of Pianoteq. But this is a Garritan CFX update thread. Why are you posting about Pianoteq? Anything we should know?
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-45 keys plastic clicking noise - Need Help by AndrewMouris @ 11/28/16 08:41 AM

At their store here in Egypt, some of the products have 6 months warranty, most of them have a one year and the very expensive ones have 5 years warranty. Unfortunately, my DP has only 6 months warranty.
Doesn't Yamaha have a one year warranty?
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-45 keys plastic clicking noise - Need Help by AndrewMouris @ 11/28/16 08:33 AM

https://youtu.be/PpD_yb4kY34 Here's the video, as clearly shown the C and the D notes are the ones making the plastic noise, compared to the G and the A notes. So, what does this noise replicate?
Jump to new posts Re: Digital equivalent to the Yamaha U3? by Morodiene @ 11/28/16 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By infraxoHi guys, I'd like to buy a good solid digital piano for an intermediate player, similar in calibre to the Yamaha U3. I want it to: - have good built-in speakers - have 88 very realistic keys - to have headphone compatibi
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Sam SAt my age, if I need a nap, I take a nap. I wake up refreshed and ready to get back to work. What's wrong with that? Sam It has my vote. When you are retired ... keep things simple. If you are hungry .... Eat. If you a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Want to learn Jazz - looking for song book by johan d @ 11/28/16 08:24 AM

Maybe try out some books with simple Jazz pieces in it. Ben Crossland's Get Set Jazz! series (start with Volume 1) Pam Wedgwood's (Easy) Jazzin' About series Martha Mier's Jazz, Ragg and Blues series They are the easiest stuff you will find and sti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's 4th Ballade by pianoloverus @ 11/28/16 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By NemaaraNo hymns because they are not ChristIan. I'll probably just do the 3 op 9 nocturnes then. The third one might not be appropriate either because of the middle section.
Jump to new posts Re: What technique do you use to move pin small increments? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 11/28/16 08:21 AM

Nicely put. One technician I know describes it as "tuning the nsl". But your description is right on. FWIW this does happen easily with spinets. That's why I don't use slow pull on spinets. I will evently make a video, but it's so easy to
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a roller bearing instead of an agraffe or bar? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 11/28/16 08:17 AM

I agree Paul. Once I was having a heck of a time with a birdcage action and I did my friction test. (Bend pin foward, remove hammer, whack, measure, bend pin away, remove hammer, whack, measure.) This measures friction at the v-bar but also residual
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Methods of boosting concentrationalong wio levels? by TomInCinci @ 11/28/16 08:14 AM

Grain Brain was written by someone who shares my opinion on grains, which is not good. It was written by a neurologist. I don't think I would have ever achieved stable blood sugars, and the feeling that I needed a nap in the afternoon, without givi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
With all due respect "learning to play jazz" with a desire to play ONLY what is written AS written seems (to me) a bit like trying to learn a language by ONLY learning the phrases of the language phrase book, i.e. never constructing your ow
Page 59 of 68 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 67 68 >
What's Hot!!
Our Latest Free Newsletter!
-------------------
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
End of the recording road..
by Chris Warren
12/04/16 06:38 AM
Bulgaria 2017
by PhilipInChina
12/04/16 04:03 AM
Sheet music commission?
by Varun916
12/04/16 02:00 AM
I WISH TO FIND OUT ABOUT A .....KORNER &SOHN, BERLIN PIANO I
by DRK
12/04/16 01:28 AM
More Yamaha questions!!
by runninglate
12/03/16 11:44 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,758 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,780 Topics
2,576,091 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission