Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (AZNpiano, 36251, Albunea, AdrianR, Alan T., accordeur, 27 invisible), 2091 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by ando @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

I have an incredibly strong desire to clean the dirt off that soundboard!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ghost Town DJ - My Boo (Piano Cover + Tutorial) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Ghost Town DJ - My Boo (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Do you know the "At Night I Think Of You" Song meme? Well after always referring to that song as the "At Night I Think Of You" song, I finally found out what that catchy song's name
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by Sam S @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

That's the book I'm using now in my Keyboard Skills class at University - we're in volume 2 - it's brutal! Sam
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by Bob @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Before banging the pins down, try soaking in some thin super glue. Remove the action first in case it drips. Let as much super glue soak around the tuning pin as it will hold. Protect your lungs and eye from any fumes from the glue. That usually t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by prout @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By GreenerSome things just sound better in a different key. Hopefully the composer chose the ideal key for it from the outset. Both in terms of being playable and the best sound. Probably so, with most classical I'm guessing. Maybe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Our own BDB - in PHILLY! by ando @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By BDBWell, I am back home, and had a nice trip to the Philadelphia area. It was nice to see Cunninghams and meet Rich, although our visit coincided with another group's visit, so I did not have enough time to chat with him. Some ot
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI just can't seem to find any enthusiasm to practice. I enjoy piano but lately haven’t had the time or energy to practice, which leaves me feeling like I’ve lost or quit the practices. I decided to use “aca
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

I don't think your analysis is at all correct. There are no wide 5ths and the CG 5th cannot possibly be more narrow than a 1/4 Meantone 5th. For it to be that narrow, the CE M3 would have to be narrow. The CG 5th would be about the same or identic
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal unequal temperaments by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

For ETD tuners I computed the offsets for Bill's 18th century EBVT with F3A3 = 4 bps instead of 6. I'm going to try it out this weekend on my harpsichord, maybe the irregularity will make it more interesting than standard baroque tunings. BTW Bill,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Two possibilities: 1. The amplifier has separate "left" and "right" inputs jacks; 2. The amplifier has one "stereo" input jack. If (1), you'll need a "stereo headphone splitter" (which plugs a stereo plug
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

On the road now, practicing on the NP-11, which in several ways is three full orders of magnitude less an instrument than my "real" piano. I keep telling myself: Imagine you were in prison and hadn't been allowed to play piano in years, an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Watch Trifonov perform live at Carnegie Hall NOW by BruceD @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

... and here is the link: Trifonov at Carnegie Hall Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What difference does a key make? by Greener @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Some things just sound better in a different key. Hopefully the composer chose the ideal key for it from the outset. Both in terms of being playable and the best sound. Probably so, with most classical I'm guessing. Maybe not with everything.
Jump to new posts Re: How heavy are the keys on the Roland FP-30? by halfaura @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

With regards to changing perceptions of weight, I played the keys without any volume to compare, since half of the knes in the store were not plugged in. I would say that the static weight is a good metric for overall key weight because frictional f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by Stopparde @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

David B: EP summarized it well. Duane offers various ways to arrange the pieces in the books and you can decide to go the "extra credit" way or stick to the written music. The reason it took so long for me (beside being slow :)) is that I
Jump to new posts Re: Digital "Grands" by TonyB @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

Major Major, when you get into the price range of the Kawai CP-1 or the Roland V-Grand, I don't think you can go wrong either way. You really do have to just play them to decide. In this price range, you are making a long term investment, rather th
Jump to new posts Re: Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8 by FrankDaddy @ Yesterday at 08:07 PM

Ditto getting a VPC-1. Personally I would test out the CS-11 and ensure you like the sound of the piano. The advantage of the CS-11 and CA-97 is one button turns on everything and it really looks much cleaner. If you do not like the sound of the
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection by FrankDaddy @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

I have a Yamaha Piaggero and i bought a headphone splitter from amazon https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Female-Conn...itter&psc=1 The adapter gives you the ability to break out the signal. The adapter will break out the signal for the left channel
Jump to new posts Re: good source for digital piano ratings? by drewr @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

You may well find DP reviews out there, of sorts, but do not be surprised if the upper portion of search results links to thinly veiled advertisements for particular makes and models. I do not know that there is an independent, unbiased, end-all be-a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by Duke of Dunning @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Sorry Rick, wrong Shirley https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixljWVyPby0
Jump to new posts Re: Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8 by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Sorry for not making sense. 1&2) I'm curios if there are more or better speakers, and if they are placed higher up or aimed more at the player. And, I'd rather not mess with VST and monitors. I prefer a clean, simple setup so if I'm not thrill
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pomodoro technique for pianists by Rickster @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By Duke of DunningAnd don't call him surly... Sorry, could not help myself. . . It was just laying there. Surly: adjective, bad-tempered and unfriendly. Surely: adverb, used to emphasize the speaker's firm belief that what they ar
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Privia PX-360 - Thoughts/Opinions? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

FWIW (I own the predecessor to the PX-360, not a PX-360): . . . If you can't test-play the PX-360 yourself, don't do the switch. My opinion is that the "Ivory-Feel G" action on the FP-50 isn't as nice to play, as the PX-x50 action used in
Jump to new posts Re: Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8 by JoBert @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

1) This question does not make sense because you cannot ignore the soundboard when evaluating the sound of the CA97/CS11. Note, that the CA97 is not simply a CA67 plus soundboard. Or in other words, if you remove the soundboard from the CA97, then th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pricing advice for a Grotrian Steinweg grand by AdrianR @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

I found it online. Had some correspondence with the dealer. It's quite a trip though, so I figured I'd ask it on the forums first. http://www.sommer.nl/producten/piano-kop...HmwswCVTISCVTIS
Page 6 of 67 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 66 67 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Classified ads?
by Joe Garfield
5 minutes 37 seconds ago
Kawai price drop - CN25 and CN35
by GoldmanT
14 minutes 57 seconds ago
Headphones - no more searching
by Chris Warren
Today at 11:24 AM
Extreme Pitch Raises using Over-pull in Tunelab?
by Musicdude
Today at 11:05 AM
piano chunking
by Athdara
Today at 10:40 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,834 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,899 Topics
2,577,616 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission