Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
104 registered (AndrewJCW, ADWyatt, AZ_Astro, accordeur, Anne H, 30 invisible), 1068 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by Retsacnal @ Today at 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By phackeGreetings, Piano seems to lack overtones even when played with moderately firm keystrokes in the middle of the scale, to my ears. Best wishes- Interesting observation. Someone here posted the other day that Faziolis ar
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by Gary D. @ Today at 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By TimRMaking a photocopy just because you need two copies for whatever reason is not even close to gray, it is black and white illegal. I doubt that a student doing it would e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to learn piano... But I can't... by scgrant @ Today at 03:09 PM

Sorry you have that limitation as it sounds like you love music. This may be no consolation, but if you love music and have some theory background, could you work at composing rather than playing? You could "play" the piano note by note o
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Spring Rail? by Johnkie @ Today at 03:04 PM

Ian: Leaving aside the different terms to describe this "piece of wood" it serves several purposes : It's ideal to attach hammer return springs to instead of having butt springs It stops the damper springs being over stressed when being p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forearm rotation by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By Groove OnThere is a similar principle from the dance world -- "All Motion is Counter-Motion". That reminds me of something Isaac Newton used to say -- For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. As f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Docc @ Today at 03:04 PM

The Seiler is a pre-owned ED168. Asking price is higher than my range, but it might be possible to negotiate into my range. It is a dealer piano, 2012 model year. I didn't look at grands when there the first time but will next time to give me tone an
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by R_B @ Today at 03:02 PM

"By and large, DP's don't wear out. They become outdated." As have wooden pianos - Those huge chunks of furniture that have but ONE sound character, can't be played really quietly and are a maintenance nightmare. They have their aficionad
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What determines which key a piece is in? by SiFi @ Today at 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By Cheeto717yeah, there's a big difference between ending with a picardy third and a total modulation to the parallel major to end the piece. Agreed. I only mentioned it because of Isabelle's comment about looking at the end to de
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What determines which key a piece is in? by BruceD @ Today at 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By Cheeto717yeah, there's a big difference between ending with a picardy third and a total modulation to the parallel major to end the piece. I agree and most of these are Picardy thirds. My response, however, was to the poster w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What determines which key a piece is in? by Cheeto717 @ Today at 02:55 PM

yeah, there's a big difference between ending with a picardy third and a total modulation to the parallel major to end the piece.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By Schazti011I don't have a tuner, so do you just call around to find one that also does appraisals? Thanks. I got an excellent tuner/technician from Angie's List. Find someone local to you, and let them know that they'll becom
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What determines which key a piece is in? by SiFi @ Today at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDI have done just what you wrote: "Check out your music, looked (sic!) at the key signature then look at the end." That does not bear out what you have written. Looking at Brahms alone because Brahms happens to b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Mercury's Fazioli - Sample library by phacke @ Today at 02:46 PM

Greetings, Piano seems to lack overtones even when played with moderately firm keystrokes in the middle of the scale, to my ears. Best wishes-
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Johnkie @ Today at 02:45 PM

Ian: I think you may not be understanding exactly what free play I refer to. There simply must be free play in order for the dampers to seat on the strings correctly. Are you removing or partly releasing the action to test for the free play ? The
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi Andy, Yours is one of the finest visions I've received about the structure and impact of this music. I totally agree with your analysis. Thanks so much for taking time to hear it. I really appreciate it. David
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts I want to learn piano... But I can't... by Jordan Vlachos @ Today at 02:37 PM

I want to learn piano but I can't use the both of my hands. I have a muscle problem with my right arm but I still play a few tunes with my left hand. My father's side of the family all play piano and I'm extremely jealous. I just get sad when I hear
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by NormB @ Today at 02:33 PM

Hmmm. As someone who uses full-sized earphones a lot I have to disagree just a bit on the discussed price points. The move from all lower cost phones I have sampled to HD600s (currently $330) seems to me good value. I have HD650s also (now dropped to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 119 vs Schumann Op. 12 by Carey @ Today at 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By amadeus90As you said "the rare judge would recognize that how well a student handles the opening of the Fantasie is a good indication of how well they can play in general". But yes I agree that it takes a while to "
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by propianist @ Today at 02:30 PM

For what it's worth, I've tried the Sennheiser HD800 and they're quite prominent and forward in the treble, there's a large peak around 8kHz. It was getting on my nerves straightaway. I wouldn't buy them. For really nice high-end open back headphon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 119 vs Schumann Op. 12 by Carey @ Today at 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By Carey....I suppose the rare judge would recognize that how well a student handles the opening of the Fantasie in a good indication of how well they can play in general. But, you'd have to 'really real
Jump to new posts Re: Does It Matter If a Piano Was Tuned..... by scgrant @ Today at 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By newbert....before it's moved? I'm specifically asking about uprights. I see many ads on Craigslist that say "Recently Tuned!". But does that really matter if the piano is going to be moved 50-100 miles to a new locat
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair value for 1984 Yamaha G-2 Satin finish? by Rickster @ Today at 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By newbie78Hi Terminaldegree, thanks for your reply, I don't know if it is in excellent condition or not. I am just trying to figure out the maximum market price I will pay for this used one assuming it is in excellent condition, so
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny vs Hanon by scgrant @ Today at 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Did the Hanon studies long ago as a student, they were hard as heck!!! Finding I need to bring myself (fingers) up to speed again, so have been working with Czerny. I really like it a lot. I seem to remember Hanon b
Member Recordings
I was fixing some issues with my piano today and decided to record this piece while it was open... https://youtu.be/dUI4rTmlluc
Piano Forum
@ian Many thanks! And who does the dusting in your house? You or your wife? Or the staff? ;-)
Page 6 of 84 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 83 84 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A crazy Kawai cs8 question...
by ADWyatt
05/27/16 10:05 PM
Appraisal of Becker grand piano
by Rohan
05/27/16 08:38 PM
False beats - some physics and some fiction
by Gene Nelson
05/27/16 07:20 PM
I just bought my first acoustic piano, and I have a question
by Revelation909
05/27/16 07:20 PM
Please help! Parent of talented kid overwhelmed with choices
by sarir97
05/27/16 05:43 PM
Forum Stats
83,787 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,973 Topics
2,528,404 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission