Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (ando, Bellicapelli, 36251, butchkoch, 17 invisible), 1063 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Steinway is dying." - Dealer by Lakeviewsteve @ Yesterday at 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalI recall reading here that Steinway Hall was already sold before the company was sold. If I'm not mistaken, they leased it back for a while, but the deal was already committed to. That could very well be. In that c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does this seem too good to be true? by Chewbacca @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaThis is how "Also sprach Zarathustra" ought to sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw This is fantastic! Description of the entire LP shed some light on why it is so bad (yet so brilliant): &
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Albunea @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

I thought it very difficult to learn the melody since it was not familiar to me, but then realized I was leaning it while trying to get the notes. I just got like the first 16 notes or so. It was getting complex when notes were faster and stopped.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which intervalk should one experience as dissonant? by johan d @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By proutKnowledge of key signatures, harmonic analysis, intervals and such is not necessary in order to learn to play the piano. Knowledge of key signatures, harmonic analysis, intervals and such is necessary if you really want to d
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Professional DP store in London by kapelli @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

I want them. Or any of them. Grand appply only. Stunning "shop".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Horror Movies About Pianists by cefinow @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By ghosthand"The Seventh Veil" with Ann Todd and James Mason (who is absolutely excellent, as usual). She is a famous young concert pianist and he is her guardian and becomes obsessed with her. When he believes she will le
Can I replace keys on the es100. I'd like to be able to pop them out and dust them off. Also, some keys are sounding "crunchy", and 2 sag a little. Especially Middle C and G. These are the notes students hit the most. Not enough to affect p
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Grandpianoman by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

This is indeed, very sad news! I had wondered why I had not heard from him in a while. He had invited me out to his home twice to tune the Mason & Hamlin RBB. I made a tuning file for him so he could reproduce the tuning at will. Patrick Wingre
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Qazsedcft The linked article claims that the walking speed is 72. 116 is the claimed talking speed. Both seem to be much too low unless I'm misunderstanding something. I have nothing to say about walking speed. I merely said tha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Grandpianoman by Ralph @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I did not know him personally but he was still part of my life which is now more vacant than before. I'm shocked by the news and will miss him greatly.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need technical advice on a 1990 Young Chang G185 by Duke of Dunning @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

Concur with the Rickster on this. YCs don't make my heart go pitter patter but it might be an OK piano. For a bit more, you can snag a Baldwin R (three or four around here right now) or go slightly higher and get an L.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandThe only other thing I can add about the FP-90, is that I am buying one personally. For me, this is the best bang for the buck in our line right now. I haven't played one yet but this is certainly my impression...it's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grade 8 from scratch in one year by alexii @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

Hi! I was wondering if there are any updates on this rather ambitious project? I checked frequently earlier on this year, however, upon trying to follow the link just now, it appears the site no longer exists!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I being too difficult? by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

I think you're being a bit too difficult about the method books. No method book is going to be perfect nor will it always have a whole bunch of songs that you will enjoy learning. I would just select one that your teacher recommends, work through
Adult Beginners Forum
I guess it is for them to answer. I, like many people of my era, sang hymns at synagogue or church - sang popular songs of the day, thus learning aural and muscle memory for intervals. Once notated music is added to the mix, sight reading (both si
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking input on Seiler ED-186 from piano buyers by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

It is reasonable to expect the grand to benefit and perhaps need significant voicing in your space. When addressing one note or a couple of notes, its easiest if you can sit with the technician as they voice it down. Maybe you can arrange to come w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking input on Seiler ED-186 from piano buyers by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By nillabeanI asked the dealer about that and he said it would risk it just needing to be voiced again, as it's in a huge, high ceiling concrete space, and will need different voicing once in our smallish low ceiling hardwood floor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I being too difficult? by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By djat1984I was wondering if I was being too difficult with the learning method I chose?...I really wanted to find THE method for me.Not so much difficult as impossible. No method book is going to give you a golden key. All it can
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I being too difficult? by sonhnguyen @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Quote:There is no structure in this method. It's basically a set of piano scores by level of difficulty with very little instructions for each songs That's what your teacher there for. Quote:Moreover, the songs notes are scattered everywhere (not eve
Adult Beginners Forum
Perhaps someone thinks that the development of interval hearing relates to the field,   are unnecessary for pianist theoretical knowledges?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Writing pieces out from memory to test your memory? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingI do it regularly with passages (several measures at a time), but have not done an entire piece. On a small scale like that, it's more accessible for us mere mortals (as opposed to Gieseking), and it's great pract
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for hiring a piano teacher for a project. by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By MomOfBeginnersI can see computer technology being used to supplement live piano lessons. Wouldn't that be worth it? Sure. You can learn lots about notation and theory, and that's already readily available for free all over yo
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By brooster How does the sound through the speakers compare with the HP603-LX17? It looks very similar to the Kawai ES8. How does the FP-90 and the ES8 compare sonically? I wish they would have put the Stick and S1-S2 buttons on i
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverus]Very few pianists, even very advanced ones, can. Another extreme outlier technique not appropriate or useful for 99+% of pianists. While it may have been useful/possible for Gieseking, that doesn't mean it makes sens
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Gary D.40 to 42 80 to 84 160 to 168 Are all the same tempo change. So the metronome works like a slide rule, but a very imprecise one. Yup. To dare say the scary math word, it's .... logarithmic....
Page 6 of 69 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 68 69 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ervin Nyiregyhazi plays Chopin's Black Key Etude in 1929
by Michael Sayers
10/27/16 01:56 AM
Kawai CS11 MIDI bug? / Quicco Sound mi.1 wireless MIDI
by Stephen Bee
10/26/16 09:17 PM
First Real Piano
by dpkowal
10/26/16 09:09 PM
Sheet Music
by Michael Choe
10/26/16 07:52 PM
Learning/playing for pleasure
by ThaiBlue
10/26/16 06:03 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,366 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,981 Topics
2,566,108 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission