Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: give up on old acoustics and buy a digital? by A443 @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

I sincerely believe a cheap, horribly conditioned acoustic piano is so much more devastating than a digital in terms of learning. Acoustics take so much servicing, and that is so expensive.... I recommend digital until $10k, then a Japanese grand, a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by Inlanding @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Satie's Gymno 1 - a fine example, Peter - it's great you shared it here! I like the speed you chose for it, and you play as though you are really listening to the music. Great work! Glen
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the government and tuning. by kc_lee @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

what kind of retaliations should I be expecting? You would think we should be nicer to each other. Where I live at least most tuners and techs are well up in age, you would think they would want an apprentice so they know the pianos are going to be
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Worth buying a new digital piano as a controller? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Ah, well spotted TheodorN...I did indeed think that the original poster was referring to the P85. In which case the P105 may be an upgrade after all. Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a beginner is not a beginner anymore? by Eight Octaves @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: earlofmarCongratulations on your ascension. Thanks. Funny you used the word ascension. Must be because today's Easter Sunday. Seriously, there was not a week that went by during my first few years that I didn't question why
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

If that piano is really 'like new' and it passes a tech inspection, it would be an excellent choice. A Steinway in perfect condition, used or rebuilt, will start at USA $40,000. New, for the smallest S&S grand you are at +$50K! If you want to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest piano piece ever written by Damon @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: catersa whole orchestra playing forte wounds like x decibels(where x is the number of decibels in forte) * number of instruments and so would hurt your ears. You have no idea what you are talking about. The equation you just a
Jump to new posts Re: Worth buying a new digital piano as a controller? by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

VPC1 is always a viable option, even for those on a budget. A small correction still, the original poster has a Yamaha PF85, not P85. At first I thought it was a typing error, and I'm sure James knows about this instrument a lot more than I do, given
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by cromax @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyDid you give up on the Kawai? Ofc not! I just want to know what is out there! I mean there might be better options than this Kawai, I want to be sure I did a good purshase!
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

This is when it goes from head wrapping to an exploding head.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I think I have a problem by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: PathbreakerI've done the exact exercise you referred to. I've also heard to do such exercises with extreme caution. I would say that it is very useful and there's no need to write it off completely. Where can this exercise be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Did you give up on the Kawai?
Jump to new posts Re: How did YOU get started on software pianos? by minstrelman @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

just got into them recently. reason: grail search, that I can afford. (that excludes a real Steinway Grand piano.) highly recommend Ivory II American Concert D.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by cromax @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyAgain, there is no way to know anything about the quality of the work done to the piano and actually play it and have it inspected. That's getting into some pretty healthy money for being on a budget! Yeah, I w
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

So, Larry. Are you any clearer now on temperament, from the point of view that pure or just intervals and playable keys in all 12 signatures is not possible, never minding different types of temperament for now?
Jump to new posts Re: How did YOU get started on software pianos? by doremi @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

I am wondering about the simplest entry into software pianos, is it perhaps a piano module like this one http://www.plugorama.com/product.php?id=704 Then there is the controller part of it: I want one with hammer action, but which I can also use fo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a beginner is not a beginner anymore? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Congratulations on your ascension. After five years it must feel wonderful and deserved to have made it this far. I am sure the road may not always have been easy but I guess that is what keeps us going.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I think I have a problem by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

I've done the exact exercise you referred to. I've also heard to do such exercises with extreme caution. I would say that it is very useful and there's no need to write it off completely. Where can this exercise be found? Dohnanyi's finger exercise
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: give up on old acoustics and buy a digital? by Lakeside @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

Possible for various reasons, when inconvenient to use acoustic piano, choosing a digital piano is a good decision. This is my story: I have a SK3 Shigeru Kawai grand piano, it is keen to touch and exquisite sound has become my essential. But I have
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Again, there is no way to know anything about the quality of the work done to the piano and actually play it and have it inspected. That's getting into some pretty healthy money for being on a budget!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Video clip for classical music? by Damon @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Nikolas In this instance, I'm quite annoyed by the 5 girls dancing, like it's a strip club (or getting rather old) but I do find the whole premise, if anything, quite interesting. Comments? This didn't really seem to fit th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by Newman @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Elssa Such great tunes Pathbreaker A very rich sound Evamar Sounds good to me PeterWS Very atmospheric. I looked it up on Wikipedia. Very modern for its day. And thanks, all, for the feedback.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by cromax @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyWell, that's very interesting spelling for "restored." Unless its from a Piano Store & Restaurant. There is no absolute definition of 'restored.' It can mean anything from a total re-build to a sl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by keystring @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Upon reflection, A443, what you wrote caused a flashback to an incident about 5 years ago which I associated with it, and has shed new light on it - so a somewhat serendipitous coincident.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Sharps by dmd @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Well, in measure 11 you missed some F notes which are on the first space of the treble clef. You also missed some C notes between the clefs in measure 11.
Page 6 of 131 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 130 131 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (Almaviva, 36251, anrpiano, 50 invisible), 1516 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74270 Members
42 Forums
153626 Topics
2251650 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Paris Atelier
by Beemer
20 minutes 9 seconds ago
Lubricious Whippen Cushions
by Grotriman
28 minutes 37 seconds ago
Always respect your piano
by Beemer
31 minutes 48 seconds ago
Hello + buying my first piano (long post)
by Ben_NZ
46 minutes 22 seconds ago
Tunelab alternative partial settings?
by Beemer
Today at 04:52 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission