Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
108 registered (ARpiano, Arthell, Adypiano, Amosdoll, anninkc, 19 invisible), 2178 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Way to Clean an Old Antique Alligator Finish? by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

If the finish is nitrocellulose lacquer there is a product called amalgamator. I used it a couple times. You brush it on and it melts the checked finish and tends to flatten it and semi restore it. Careful work can get pleasing results
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: JazzPianoSchool.com? by dmd @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By newbertJust wondering what others think about the Solo Piano course? Hi Newbert: Me Again ... LOL ... I know a lot about the things presented in the Solo Piano Course prior to taking it so I just sort of browsed through the fi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Well after many setbacks (custom fallboard and lyre were stuck in Poland), I finally got word that it'll be arriving in LA in a month. I imagine it will take another few days to get it to SF. On Youtube there's a video of Scriabin op.42 no.5 being pl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn's "Naked Music" Course? by dmd @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By newbertOriginally Posted By dmdNewbert: I just took a good look at it again and .... Sorry, I just cannot recommend it. I find it full of little bits and pieces but nothing that is something I can really find a use for. I am
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Need a replacement music rest by dunes @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Haha... is it that old? Wow. Well, they may not have it then. I'll look further into it, but the Manhasset item you recommended should do the trick. Later in the year I will be looking into getting a proper piano, but this Roland is working just fin
Jump to new posts Re: How Far Can You Reshape Hammers? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

In my opinion one filing is the limit, assuming approximately 1/16" grooves. And even then, I prefer to just replace them.
Jump to new posts Re: RD2000 or FP90 + another stage piano down the road by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Why do you think the FP-90 is not a real stage piano? I think that is, in fact, what it is. The FP series has always had onboard speakers (AFAIK), but that doesn't mean they're not serious. They're just more convenient for the solo pianist who doesn'
Jump to new posts Re: How Far Can You Reshape Hammers? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

The hammer you show are so worn that the proper regulation of a piano with hammers like that is impossible
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: g1 gh1 yamaha by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

One is supposed to be less horrible than the other. These G1 models that I have seen are the worst Yamahas I have ever experienced.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin hitch pins by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

!969 if my memory is right.
Jump to new posts Best Way to Clean an Old Antique Alligator Finish? by Musicdude @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

This tread inspired by the other one about keeping the original, alligator finish. Since the musicality is more important to me than cosmetics, I will likely just clean my nearly 100 years old Hamilton/Baldwin upright's surface. It has a pretty se
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of sustain in 6th octave by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Many of the proper specifications for the structural features of a piano are not established in the pianos most factories make. And the variability of specifications among pianos is way too broad. The negative effects of this failure of engineering
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By hello my name isOriginally Posted By Peter K. MoseOriginally Posted By keystringYou would want to know something about the student before being concerned. With advanced age there might be things like vision problems, hearing los
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn's "Naked Music" Course? by newbert @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By dmdNewbert: I just took a good look at it again and .... Sorry, I just cannot recommend it. I find it full of little bits and pieces but nothing that is something I can really find a use for. I am mostly a jazz ballad cocktai
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by Sam S @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By Peter K. Mose This was written about a woman in her 70s, but it can refer to most any teen or adult student. Once one realizes that progress is slow and incremental, you just keep at it - preferably
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn's "Naked Music" Course? by dmd @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Newbert: I just took a good look at it again and .... Sorry, I just cannot recommend it. I find it full of little bits and pieces but nothing that is something I can really find a use for. I am mostly a jazz ballad cocktail piano type player now
Jump to new posts How Far Can You Reshape Hammers? by Musicdude @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Ok, I've reshaped hammers on about a dozen pianos, and I feel I do a good job at it. But I recently tuned a piano with hammers that had a little more felt on them than this: http://www.davispianoworkshop.com/images/action400x300%20006.JPG Obviousl
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By hello my name isUpdate: So I came in ready to teach her Home on the Range today by rote/ear/writing finger numbers and note names whatever she needed. We could barely get the first phrase "Oh home on the range." becau
Jump to new posts Re: Need a replacement music rest by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By dunesYou would think, however, that Roland or another company would make it easy to get a proper replacement. There have to be others that lose or break this piece. I expect Roland may well have produced spare parts for the EP-9
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for wire-bending pliers/backcheck tool by Brock Tyler @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion, I'll look into that.
Jump to new posts Re: Need a replacement music rest by dunes @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

This looks good, James. Thanks. I had seen this on Amazon before, but I didn't realize that it sits on a flat surface. I thought it was just the top attachment to a music stand. You would think, however, that Roland or another company would make it
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by Peakski @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonand I wish all of the 30 year olds on this forum who wonder 'Am I too old' That always makes me laugh and not just with learning piano. Some people just "think" themselves old far too early or simply use age
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How did your first years of practice go? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

@Earlofmar, After many more than 2 years, I STILL feel like an apprentice where I make the tea and clean the floors.... I am now allowed to mash the potatoes, but still not trusted with the sharp knives. The more I learn, the more I realize how
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap headphone amp recommendation? by sullivang @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Nice one, newer player - I've passed that on to the wonderful web master. Greg.
Jump to new posts Assessing key touchweight? by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

The electricity's been out for the last couple of days, which means my DPs are out of commission. Since I had nothing better to do, I tried measuring the touchweight on my keybed, using stacks of coins. Long story short, it's really hard to get a co
Page 6 of 89 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 88 89 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dynatone
by Sarah64
Today at 06:37 AM
The correct way to learn?
by Peakski
Today at 06:26 AM
Now We're Talking Real Pianos :) Suggestions Appreciated :)
by keykeyzkeys
Today at 05:25 AM
My Big Annual "Gig"
by JohnSprung
Today at 02:39 AM
New Ravenscroft 275 purchase gone good, but need some help.
by David B
Today at 12:55 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,770 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,673 Topics
2,601,051 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission