Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
86 registered (beet31425, accordeur, bennevis, 26 invisible), 1327 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you teach arpeggios in inversions? by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 12:23 PM

Yes, it's the same notes started at a different spot. But the fingering -- which finger is used on which note -- may vary. In context in a piece, how you finger these may vary again from the exercise. But as an exercise, there are principles that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: retrofitting MIDI on a grand piano by wolfgangmeister @ Today at 12:19 PM

Funny you mention this, but our own Frank Baxter - Owner of Piano World, just installed a ProRecord MIDI System in his piano, and is very happy with the results. He recently posted about his visit to the Mason & Hamlin factory and discussions wi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ? by TheodorN @ Today at 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By fiverI use Cantabile as my VST host. It is extremely reliable and was designed for live use, rather than your typical DAW which is designed more around traditional recording workflows. Do you have the Cantabile from some of
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you teach arpeggios in inversions? by keystring @ Today at 12:11 PM

I may be totally off base here, but the thing that keeps nagging at me is this: aren't "inverted arpeggios" simply the same arpeggio started at a different spot?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Copyright question by emenelton @ Today at 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By saratogaUSAI am thinking to create a fake book which will contain only lead sheet and chords nothing more.. it will not be a arrangement book.. should I have to request necessary permissions for every song? (for publishing)
yA, actaully got a surface pro .... ok maschine but I think I would prefer a more sturdy bulky lenovo for the task , seems like more roadworthy option,after some thinking
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Today at 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus.....My guess is that most serious musicians say music when you think they should say score, but that bit of data is moot at this point. No -- I want you to take a poll. BTW, I don't think they do, especially thos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano advice by Oasismfg @ Today at 11:50 AM

Nothing wrong with having both if you have room and can afford it. I have both just to keep peace in the family, and I can record in MIDI with my digital. These days, you get a lot for relatively little money. The sound and touch of digitals has i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by Polyphonist @ Today at 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottDepends on your location. NYC is probably among the most expensive in the world. The teachers in NYC charge $250 and $300.
Jump to new posts Re: I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ? by Fer De Armas @ Today at 11:39 AM

Hi, are you tried Kawai MP5?... this DP have similar features to those of your Roland RD700; but IMHO the key action and piano sound could be what you are looking for. Of course it is only my personal suggestion. Regards.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by pianoloverus @ Today at 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Mark_C Have y'all seen my shtiks on using the word "music" when talking about the written score? What they mean is your scores. You wouldn't be sending them c
Originally Posted By rolfieSo MAC in the answer, it might is I don't have a clue I never touched a MAC .. maybe I could buy a designated little ipad for the piano vst? Wonder if Ipad has enough power for a pianoteq. Anyway thanks for the info ... i
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP605 or Casio GP300 by Fer De Armas @ Today at 11:29 AM

Hi marko697, IMHO today Casio has the best key action for the price, and i´d look for VST´s for the best piano sound emulation. For a a hardware solution, you could try the Kurzweil 16 GB flash player technology but it is a shame that is not availa
Jump to new posts Re: I bought an old rd700 by impulse , what to do ? by fizikisto @ Today at 11:29 AM

Rolfie, Currently there's no version of pianoteq for the iPad. But if you're looking for a mac to run pianoteq, Apple does offer slightly older refurbished models for a bit of a discount. What they have in stock varies, but often one can get a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Greetings :) [help from experienced pianists] by Gcarl @ Today at 11:26 AM

Hi, my name is Edward, 26 years old, and I have a bit of experience with piano keyboards, just like 1 year, so, basic scales, basic chords, staff reading, easy songs. Althought i'm a student and a very busy person I try to learn piano, and I was usin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Today at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Mark_C Have y'all seen my shtiks on using the word "music" when talking about the written score? What they mean is your scores. You wouldn't be sending them copies of your "music,&
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Model R by jkeksk11 @ Today at 11:22 AM

Thanks so much, Rick, I'll do that!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Copyright question by dire tonic @ Today at 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By indigo_daveI don't know what copyright law is. But the BlurredLines/GotToGiveItUp jury verdict indicated to me that ignorance seems to rule the process. Our (USA) legal process at its dumbest. I think that's about the nub of it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's the best Chinese Piano? by ilm @ Today at 11:07 AM

I agree with Jean Claude.
So MAC in the answer, it might is I don't have a clue I never touched a MAC .. maybe I could buy a designated little ipad for the piano vst? Wonder if Ipad has enough power for a pianoteq. Anyway thanks for the info ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Model R by Rickster @ Today at 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By jkeksk11Thanks Rick! I just got a new Baldwin that has an art case but does not say "R" - also, model is 225, apparently, not 226. Wondering if anyone has ever heard of this. Made me wonder if it was an Artist Series m
I have decided to live with it , the weight is the biggest issue, as for my audience , they got to live with the sound and my bad jokes , I could not care less , they usually are to drunk to notice anyway !!!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you teach arpeggios in inversions? by hreichgott @ Today at 10:53 AM

Arpeggios in inversions are one of those things that some teachers will teach as a separate exercise, and some teachers will expect students to be able to adjust when they encounter this type of arpeggio in music. I'm in the latter camp and here's wh
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some More Excellent Videos.... by joename @ Today at 10:52 AM

I'm so glad he is continuing the series. These are just about my favorite piano-related videos on Youtube. I love that it's focused on the "how" and not the "what." He's affable and straightforward, and clearly full of knowledge.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Model R by jkeksk11 @ Today at 10:46 AM

Thanks Rick! I just got a new Baldwin that has an art case but does not say "R" - also, model is 225, apparently, not 226. Wondering if anyone has ever heard of this. Made me wonder if it was an Artist Series model or not, but I think it i
Page 6 of 83 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 82 83 >
What's Hot!!
Our April/May Newsletter is Out Now!
View it online, free
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My piano progression
by Cassia
05/06/16 08:46 PM
Accompanist Abuse: List of Fines
by WhoDwaldi
05/06/16 06:14 PM
how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ?
by tirta
05/06/16 04:35 PM
Need help tracing history of Baldwin Grand Model 225, 5'6"
by jkeksk11
05/06/16 04:06 PM
Kawai GX2 / GX3 help
by Fire_Fly
05/06/16 03:46 PM
Forum Stats
83,539 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,458 Topics
2,521,892 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission