Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
159 registered (Anita Potter, Anne'sson, accordeur, Almaviva, ajames, alans, 34 invisible), 1745 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by Jytte @ Today at 07:52 AM

I'm doing Haydn's Menuet in F for the recital, and it's so short, that without the repeats, you'd barely get a chance to hear it before it's over It's a weird piece, it's in 2 pieces, which, apart from a few extra bars, are identical..... basicall
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by McBuster @ Today at 07:51 AM

Point well taken. It is a unit whose destiny will be slid into the back of a van, dropped once or twice, always being brought somewhere at the last minute. The design must accommodate constant transport. As these are getting broken on transit, I wo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drama! 7 y.o. Student Doesn't want to do Recital this Year! by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By pianoman9 how much psychological damage do you do to a kid when they are basically forced to do something they don't want to do? And at the same time, I don't want to encourage kids to run away from their fears. This is hea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach's Invention No. 1 LH & RH madness by Ataru074 @ Today at 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By augustmback to the question: Firstly be sure that each hand is well figured -- get someone to check. Or use detailed, old-fashioned editions that are very explicit. I like Busoni's. [...] I wouldn't use that method to learn. O
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB Piano for Leisure series by TrevorM @ Today at 07:38 AM

I had a go at a couple of the pieces in Faber's 2A Popular book and I can sight-read them to reasonable level. I have now ordered the 2B book for a little bit more of a challenge. I've also ordered the second Adult book as I think I'll be done with
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By phackeOriginally Posted By Retsacnal For what it's worth, I don't know a single American who thinks of doughnuts as a dessert. They're for breakfast. Or snacks. Or sometimes right after a meal (obviously). Greetings, aren't yo
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By ClsscLibDoughnuts: They're not just for breakfast anymore!
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by lophiomys @ Today at 07:30 AM

Hello Kawai James, With due respect my post is correct, and you obviously seem to exercise your marketing duties here. If the MP7 is a heavy and pricey keyboard, it would Kawai's job to provide some strong protective packaging with handles, so that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano hunt - daunted! (UK) by prender @ Today at 07:29 AM

Just a thought but there is another recent thread by a British poster who was impressed by a number of uprights in Paris: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2410470 It may be that Paris prices (while still at the very top end of you
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by gdguarino @ Today at 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By Piano Girl RMGI'll be playing three times a week for a very posh high tea ceremony at the Excelsior Hotel Ernst Unacquainted with the "High Tea Ceremony", I attempted to look up the hotel. It seems they serve a wide se
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano hunt - Confusion by joe80 @ Today at 07:24 AM

Hi Narj, For £10,000 you can get a beautiful upright, and I think it's still possible to get something decent for £5,000. At the top of my list for £10,000 I would be looking at the Yamaha YUS5 which Jason has just purchased. The Kawai K800 of c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano--C3X grand by barbaram @ Today at 07:23 AM

Beautiful! I am jealous :-) Wishing both many happy years of enjoyment
Piano Teachers Forum
It may be that some teachers are still reading this thread and some may be taking notes on preferences and goals of adult students. On this question of repertoire, not everyone will think the same. I tend to veer in the opposite direction and will
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rehanging hammers by David Jenson @ Today at 07:21 AM

When you write "2mm" it doesn't sound like much, but in positioning hammers it's a bit beyond the comfortable wiggle room area in the high treble. I've had to do a few, and the only tip that came to mind was running the shank reducer up the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Regular tunings or only when it's out of tune? by ChrisVenables @ Today at 07:20 AM

Most manufacturers recommend a tuning at least every six months (for domestic use). How much more often than that depends on the quality of the piano, the temperature and humidity swings, how hard you hit the notes and the quality of your piano tune
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano hunt - Confusion by backto_study_piano @ Today at 07:20 AM

I've had very little to do with digitals - or should I say that I've avoided them. Several times I've been working away in the country for periods of time (up to 5 months once), and the only "piano" I've been able to play was a digital. N
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by Lazerlike42 @ Today at 06:57 AM

Shipping is really somewhat irrelevant here. For one thing, the MP11 is a stage piano and so a part of it's design is to be moved on a regular basis and be able to withstand some reasonable level of physical "abuse" (though not actual an
Adult Beginners Forum
I will try to record Old French Song from Tchaikovsky's Children's Album, Op.39.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano light / lamp recs by Zerlina @ Today at 06:44 AM

All terrific recommendations and just the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by sinophilia @ Today at 06:36 AM

I have my 14th piece recorded, but I won't post it now since I might submit it to the quarterly recital. And it's not a perfect recording, so I might try again later on. This is my list so far: 1. Bertini, Etude op. 166 no. 18 (LLPA3) 2. Ludvig Sch
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by toddy @ Today at 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai James Hmmm...I wonder if he owns a DGX-650? Interesting thought. But we must not forget the War of the Roses, must we?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
OSK: Thanks! Actually I do think that if one pays a little attention to what's going on, they might grab a wrong note here and there (if there were any). dones des sylphes: many thanks. I'm very flattered (and I'm sure that Heather also feels the s
Piano Teachers Forum
This kind of thing has come up before. Basically - who is the teacher and expert on learning to play the piano? Who is the student who is actually studying this, and whose life gets affected? Does the mother have expertise in teaching piano? If s
Pianist Corner
Hey Pover, i've signed up for the Chetham's and I know some members in this forum are going too! please do let us know if you decide to join we could meet up before registration! It's my first time and i'm really looking forward to it!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mic placement: close or far? by zyxwvu @ Today at 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By BruceDYou probably are aware of this, but I'll mention it anyway : If your recorder as an "Auto gain" control, make sure it is off. "Auto gain" automatically boosts low volume sounds and lowers louder volume
Page 6 of 97 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 96 97 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
They Don't Really Play
by WhoDwaldi
04/27/15 01:57 PM
Bass String Replacement
by Keelan Taylor
04/27/15 01:21 PM
Some kind of a guide into Jazz Piano?
by ClarinetOnBroadway
04/27/15 01:16 PM
Chopin Etude 25-5 unique opening melody
by ConcertEtudes
04/27/15 01:13 PM
Transposing in Home Concert Xtreme or Synthesia
by bhmpower
04/27/15 12:03 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,059 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,583 Topics
2,400,294 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission