Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersTell them that you are a "V.I.P." . With the kind of musicians that regularly roam about the halls, I'm no V.I.P. 'round those parts unless that term stands for &q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Dude, if it would help my playing I'd put a statue of Kyle and Cartman on my piano!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by jotur @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

8 Octaves - LOL - Cathy
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared piano by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniMy thoughts, In general, I loathe prepared piano pieces and what they do to pianos over time. In that regard this is not the worst thing I have ever seen. The music was OK. Bill, It also made me think of a Gamel
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesMy AOTW is that I just spent the last 8 hours recording all 157 measures of my piece for the ABF Recital one measure at a time, repeating every measure many times. So all I have to do is now sort through 600 measures o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by ando @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Indeed Brian! No harm, no foul.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by moy71 @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

may i ask what camera you used? i suspect a tripod also? lovely colours especially the last one which shows the guitar in the middle.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Next time you can do it with the Leschetizky cadenza finale, probably the conductor, audience and critics won't have a clue what is happening . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKA7yPem6s I think you have a good intuitive sense for Liszt's mus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

I probably did a poor job explaining myself, but michaelha's post is exactly what I was trying to convey. He obviously did better job of explaining himself than I did. No worries, we are all friends here I would like to think.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by ando @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: michaelhaThis is basic financials. Look up COG's (cost of goods), gross margins, fixed costs and operating income. The $10,000 to build a C3 is conceivable for the COG's and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

My AOTW is that I just spent the last 8 hours recording all 157 measures of my piece for the ABF Recital one measure at a time, repeating every measure many times. So all I have to do is now sort through 600 measures of stuff and pick out which ones
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: MatoThe "8x8x4" preset setup on the MP7 looks pretty simple to switch between Setups It's not bad at all, but it's not completely straight-forward for the particular approach you asked about. Specifically, you want t
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank PinnI talk to many different technicians every day. Some are very successful, others are not. You will have to put in the time to first learn the craft to get the knowledge. This will take some time depending on how much e
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Thank you for this advice. It gives me some good starting places for models, and some good starting places for learning more as well. I am sure I will be back here with more questions before long!
both are useful, while the W UW measurements are adapted to a grand with its maximum relation with earth attraction, while on a vertical, the hammer is more or less in equilibrium, so extracting friction can be useful but I am not sure the data is th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersTell them that you are a "V.I.P." . With the kind of musicians that regularly roam about the halls, I'm no V.I.P. 'round those parts unless that term stands for "Very Insignificant Pianist"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by ando @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: andoBrian, I merely asked you to describe this person's position within the industry. You refused to do that. There's no need to get surly just because I questioned your source. Even you questioned y
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

[s][/s]the clamping of strings is refraining vertical motion,(agrafes, capo) while at the bridge it is an equilibrium between lateral clamping an some supposed pressure in the vertical direction, so the waves when reflected could be in many direction
Jump to new posts Re: How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: beethoven986Originally Posted By: Paul678 Or too LITTLE friction? Yes. Friction should not be much lower than what I listed above. You need to calculate your UW and DW to determine friction. UW should ideally be within a 3g
Jump to new posts Re: How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTThe action of playing a note is analogous to throwing a tennis ball at a gong. If there are "ghost notes" that do not play when you press the key, this is analogous to t
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

YES, Alfredo, virginity is the utmost quality , and a necessity . But I will not talk politics here !!! The Beatles where not beatless
Originally Posted By: Mark R.Isaac, Remember that general consensus on this forum is that "swings" refer to half-oscillations. So, if the hammer swings back and forth, then back = 1st swing forth = 2nd swings back = 3rd swing forth = 4th s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: michaelhaThis is basic financials. Look up COG's (cost of goods), gross margins, fixed costs and operating income. The $10,000 to build a C3 is conceivable for the COG's and it only takes into account t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: andoBrian, I merely asked you to describe this person's position within the industry. You refused to do that. There's no need to get surly just because I questioned your source. Even you questioned your source a few posts back.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

Some pianos are sold using the "It will increase in value" hype. It always makes me wonder, if that is the case, why they want to sell them. They would make more by not selling them and simply waiting for the increase in value.
Page 6 of 100 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99 100 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Staying in one position for too long - tension
by DeadPoets
8 minutes 19 seconds ago
Cleaning strings
by PhilipInChina
Today at 05:10 AM
recording digital piano
by johan d
Today at 03:38 AM
Ambitious Jazz beginner
by Ruan
Today at 01:10 AM
Is this a real Steinway?
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Who's Online
61 registered (36251, anotherscott, andwi, 12 invisible), 1125 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158409 Topics
2326278 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission