Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts In need of teaching advice! by luepiano123 @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Hello all, I would like some advice on a situation I have with a 7 year-old student. He is a lovely child and is quite musical, and has been making excellent progress in the past year of lessons with me. This summer he took a few lessons with a di
Adult Beginners Forum
By "standard edition" you mean, the standard edition of the Chorales, right? If so, there's no comparison, none whatsoever! The new edition, the Czarnecki edition, is fantastic, easy to see, easy to use. I love it. IMO the standard edition
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok "The Chase" from "Out of Doors" by CanCakmur @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Thank you very much pianoloverus. First of all, No, I am not a Kissin fan. I'm currently 16, and next year I will finish my secondary education. If you mean Night's music - in addition to insects, there are also frogs, owls and many other nocturnal
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by Roger Ransom @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

How does it feel, play and sound. Are the keys pretty even and feel about alike? Do the notes sound pretty even? Are there a bunch of sticky keys? Etc. It also matters how critical you are and how well you play (I don't know you). Maybe ask someon
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Music MeI have three years to go before retiring (God willing). I already have my music lined up! I play as much as I can, even if it is just a half hour a night. On the weekends I play for about three hours at at a time, whe
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok "The Chase" from "Out of Doors" by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

BRAVO(as usual)! Terrific piece. What else was on your program? Does Book 2 include the one about insects? Are you a Kissin fan? Your hair and jacket are very Kissin- like!Finally, what year of school are you in at this point?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Again, little things. This one may be significant, I don't know. Since I started studying pieces 13 months ago, my formula has been to learn the melody line first, and then the "other" line (normally the left hand, normally either a chord
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm thinking of having my wife get me this book for my birthday. For those of you that have had it for a while, are you still finding it more useful than the standard edition for sight-reading practice, worth the $40 or so to get it? I see you can ge
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone familiar with alkan's op. 39 "etudes"? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers Maybe the best thing would be for me to include some Alkan the next time I do some recording... How exciting! What particular piece did you have in mind?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by Louis Podesta @ Yesterday at 06:19 PM

Correction, the last sentence should read . . . "should NOT be dealt with by website "show and tell." My apologies.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing an orig Steinway action with carbon-fibre? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: jim ialeggio Are the CF parts perfect...no...do they present a significant improvement on some of the most frustrating aspects of wooden parts...in my opinion, way yes. Jim Ialeggio
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by Louis Podesta @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: rovHi, I would like to make a thread about injuries that you had because of the piano and how you recovered. Thanks! Sharing is caring? Not always, as is the case with this particular thread. You are not a doctor, homoeopathi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: large fingers playing up the action by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

its fine pointing out people you think have hand problems. That's almost tantamount to saying: "that can deal with it, you must be an inferior idiot since you can't figure it out on your own". It's all no help unless they actually discus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

Wow Palmpirate - that's a hectic week! Hope things do settle down now!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by TonyB @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: petes1Originally Posted By: TonyBWe can go on and on about this forever. And that's one of the beauties of sites like this one! Quote:...I was simply trying to make the point that all of these products whose purpose is to try
Jump to new posts Re: Do you allow people to stand behind grands? by Olek @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

Usually the tuner do not break strings (bass strings at last) it is the pianist that does that. fragility in wire is noticed while tuning, less in treble but in basses we feel what is happening clearly. Then if we break it is at the pin, I think, w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

I was unlucky enough to get a large wooden splinter under a fingernail this year, broken off under the nail, and no way tweezers, pins, scalpel, could get it out. Very sore and made the finger unusable for piano, even ppp. I googled around and scept
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: large fingers playing up the action by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

This problem doesn't seem to bother Denis Matsuev, who I've just seen, on TV, at the Royal Albert Hall proms. Check out his hands on YT. The man is BIG, hands too.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by petes1 @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: petes1 we are all constrained by variables out of our control, including cost, portability, space, and spouses (my main limiting factor!). Spouses, eh? Exactly how many do you have? Too many would i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's Norbert? by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

I think he was sighted over the Baha peninsula a little while back.
Jump to new posts Re: Metallic Sound From Strings in the Middle Section by lamhfhada @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

Would anyone know where I can get a Kimball Piano manual, their site seems to be down.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miss my concert grands by Silver Keys @ Yesterday at 05:05 PM

[/quote] Pianos magically shrink with time. See if you don't notice this! [/quote] I agree! My M&H BB doesn't look like such a "Big Boy" in my living room any longer!
Jump to new posts Re: Do you allow people to stand behind grands? by kennyz @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

Maybe safety glasses should be standard equipment for all tuners
Jump to new posts Bartok "The Chase" from "Out of Doors" by CanCakmur @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

I played Book II of Bartok's Out of Doors in my recital in August. Here is the last piece, The Chase. I hope you like the performance. Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Trapwork by lamhfhada @ Yesterday at 04:57 PM

Would anyone know where I can get a Kimball Piano manual, their site seems to be down.
Page 6 of 93 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What do you think about the Fatar TP40 keybed?
by 3mb3r4
09/15/14 03:22 AM
Essex EGP 155 or Yamaha Gc1
by pianomom301
09/15/14 02:14 AM
More Bach (Ich Ruf Zu Dir)
by johnlewisgrant
09/15/14 12:12 AM
Incredibly short fugue
by Pencil_skirts_and_
09/14/14 10:50 PM
The piano made it home in time...
by Rich Galassini
09/14/14 10:09 PM
Who's Online
77 registered (AliAlkhiro, 36251, ahrensjt, ando, 21 invisible), 932 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76201 Members
42 Forums
157526 Topics
2313896 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission