Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
161 registered (accordeur, 255, ajames, aellison62, 36251, 40 invisible), 1641 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by Polyphonist @ Today at 07:59 AM

Bennevis's satirical post does a fairly good job of it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help-Need (non-toxic) Piano bench/chair Frederick? by harpsichorder @ Today at 07:58 AM

UPDATE- I bought a "Musician's chair" from Shar. https://www.sharmusic.com/Accessories/Chairs/Adjustrite-Folding-Musician-s-Chair-Standard.axd It is perfect for me- NO odor, well built ergonomically and height adjustable. The seat slants
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by Hakki @ Today at 07:48 AM

Bruce, here is a hint. Look in this thread.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good way to teach theory? by DragonPianoPlayer @ Today at 07:43 AM

The course your teacher is using covers theory, history, and ear training. Solfege is in the ear training part. It is appropriate no matter what age or style of music you want to play. For classical it will help you hear the musiuc as you read the sh
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai's, Virtual Technician and "piano rumble" by Bellicapelli @ Today at 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By R_B To bring this back to where I am "at" with pianos. I and many others will NEVER "perform" at a level that "requires" the skills to "Drive" a concert grand. I play for my own amusement
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Glenn Gould on television - Music in the U.S.S.R. by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 07:37 AM

I always find Glenn Gould to also be an amazing orator. After what I can see, he never used a script or teleprompter...he just said what he wanted to say, period. An extraordinary guy.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by Francisco Scalco @ Today at 07:28 AM

Definitely B flat major.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 1890 Steinway "B"... by Entheo @ Today at 07:24 AM

a good friend of mine (former concert pianist & head of piano dept. at a major university) is upgrading one of his pianos and he's looking to sell his 6'11" Steinway built in 1890 or 1891, serial # 73308. The Steinway was reconditioned by A
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By Rerun Yep, I beg to differ too ... a banjo helped pay for this one-of-a-kind houseboat. I'd guess Bluegrass is probably more popular over here than boogie woogie or classical: https://www.youtube.com/embed/-RaFApVP0zU Great st
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Direction by ando @ Today at 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By BDBWere those pianos restored in the past 2 or 3 years since the new ownership? If they were not, that response is irrelevant. Really? You think they got a whole new crew of people to do the rebuilds just because there was a c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good way to teach theory? by keystring @ Today at 07:16 AM

I suppose that what might work within her schedule is if you took a full hour four times a month, which would be double the cost for you. How is the teaching part of it? Theory can be learned in a combination of books and experiencing what you are
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Today at 07:15 AM

@sinophilia love that great job
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Today at 07:14 AM

@zillybug I hear ya Looking forward to your recordings. I too have a tendency to speed up in spots as well. Makes me wonder if we do that to hurry up and get it over with I have 2 on my list that I started last year but didn't quite come to grip
Originally Posted By TonyBOriginally Posted By BellicapelliOriginally Posted By R_BHmmm, I kinda/sorta agree with Dewster on a lot of this. My own guitar quest has been towards "Classical" and I have to add that holding that big ole wooden
Originally Posted By TonyBOriginally Posted By Bellicapelli[quote=R_B]=============================================== I was driving this morning and thinking about the demise of the manual transmission, oh there are still a FEW in the US, some small
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - Rhodes sound by IMOL @ Today at 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By micro79Thanks a lot, I've downloaded and I really like It!!! 👍 Is there a possibilities to create a thread for share all our personal presets? I think there's something similar for the MP6 Regards where is that?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Carpet under grand piano by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 06:58 AM

I plan to buy a thick, heavy carpet to put under the grand piano some time in the future. How hard is it to put a carpet under a grand piano? Can I do it myself with a little help from my friends? I guess it is just a matter of lifting the piano i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by Morodiene @ Today at 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By malkinWe could start a Schumann related injury club! Class action suit?! Could we find some wealthy offspring that we could sue for their inheritance? Sadly, the family fortune was squandered on tryi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by jdw @ Today at 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By Rich Galassini Actually they are just using the liftgate to manipulate the piano so they do not have to lift it to set the folly underneath it. This is a technique used with larger pianos. The folly -- a Freudian slip?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach English Suites by András Schiff by jdw @ Today at 06:54 AM

I heard him play an amazing all-Bach recital a couple of years ago.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the key of your life? by jdw @ Today at 06:53 AM

Gosh, I think I'm in E-flat major. or perhaps sometimes in D-flat major. Definitely nothing with sharps, can't say why.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by IMOL @ Today at 06:52 AM

just out of curiosity, I did not know ! Before selling my MP6, I wrote a series of notes on paper. All parameters for my best SETUPs and SOUNDs that I had stored. This is because I wanted to replicate the same sonority on my new MP7. All this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unknown (to me) Grieg Op 3 by jdw @ Today at 06:45 AM

So they really are obscure! Thanks for the reply.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalI've seen some of those pictures before--probably here. But I've never read the story. It's clear from the first picture that the tail is still inside the van, and from this picture it's clear that they are in trouble.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: things to look into a new teacher by dmd @ Today at 06:38 AM

The problem with this is that you usually do not find out if a teacher is good or bad (for you) until after you have taken a few lessons from them. So, I am afraid you are just going to do what we all do an just pick someone and decide later if it i
Page 6 of 116 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sign of the Times
by scorpio
03/03/15 01:48 PM
Looking for a piano stand that is low enough...
by Giancarlo Robles
03/03/15 01:30 PM
What do we know about Shadd Pianos?
by Markarian
03/03/15 01:07 PM
How to practice the piano without a piano
by Hugh Sung
03/03/15 10:52 AM
the 1878 Steinway at the U. of I. - a recent performance
by Michael Sayers
03/03/15 10:41 AM
Forum Stats
78,379 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,038 Topics
2,379,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission