Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
113 registered (Albunea, ADWyatt, Al LaPorte, Alexander Borro, 27 invisible), 1495 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital pianos - Can they get better ? by peterws @ Today at 06:19 AM

Originally Posted By bitnickI agree with B3boy, and I only have an old upright (albeit a tall one in good condition). I so far haven't found any DP that comes close to the feeling of playing my acoustic, in the sub €2000 range. It's quite annoying
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I balance everything out? by Brian Lucas @ Today at 06:14 AM

Start with your goals and work backwards. It's easy to get overwhelmed by all the things you COULD do. What would you hope to accomplish in a short term goal, say a few months or so? What kind of song would you want to play?
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By zrtf90Scales are not meant to train fingers as their primary function but to train ears. There's also the non-classical approach where learning scales is also leading to improvising and filling out a chord chart. I often suggest
Adult Beginners Forum
Years ago I had a teacher tell me, "That thing pounding away in the middle of you chest is called your heart. Focus that energy into your playing and you'll be fine." Enjoy.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Knuckles are too loud by Dave B @ Today at 05:52 AM

My first response would be to clean the knuckles. What is the make, model, and age of the piano?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Bill, Not to hijack the thread, but, I've asked you repeatedly to offer your definition of "reverse well." Well? The experience I've had with my tuning clients is that they want even beat rates throughout the keys, and especially throug
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Frame by PhilipInChina @ Today at 05:41 AM

This is it. BTW the piano is going to be repolished!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher's nightmare by wouter79 @ Today at 05:40 AM

I'm not a teacher but I would suggest to stop teaching them on a regular basis. You can still given them an occasional brief instructions when the occasion rises, but I would then do that at their place, not where you give normal lessons. Start teach
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by Ben_NZ @ Today at 05:38 AM

And Jerry Lee wanna bring Bach that thread idea? Could you Handel the Strauss? The thing about pianist puns is that Mozart terrible. :p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I balance everything out? by earlofmar @ Today at 05:32 AM

ask a question here and look what you get, a whole lot of homework However you did ask the question "what can I do without a teacher or piano" and you got a lot of great advice but enough work to keep you busy for years. Much of what you
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: I think this one will be my next by PhilipInChina @ Today at 05:30 AM

Roller action. So that is good news.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's A Beginner Is So Arbitary by tbonesays @ Today at 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftWhat is a beginner is indeed arbitrary and relative. When it comes to the name of this forum I understand it as "those who began as adults". I realize that this is also not quite correct, but I guess "amat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by yok @ Today at 05:25 AM

Aimi was not so good today.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John concert...piano sound.... by pianomike @ Today at 05:21 AM

When it comes to age and playing music, I think it is irrelevant. Les Paul was playing out into his nineties along with college kids and he still sounded good.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's A Beginner Is So Arbitary by Qazsedcft @ Today at 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By WhizbangYes, it is a state of mind. Surely it's more than just that. Beginners may tend to underestimate the effort required and overestimate their own progress.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Today at 04:56 AM

After a really hectic week where I had very little time to practice, THIS week is going much better. Had a great lesson - sorted out the pedalling for a bluesy piece I'm working on - it is really odd, but I'm getting it! I have been sorting out t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher's nightmare by casinitaly @ Today at 04:52 AM

Slightly off focus, but I agree with Whizbang that it is really discouraging to see the Clementi sonatinas put down when I know how hard I struggled to get the first two anywhere near performance level. On the real issue: If these are friends, th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by Albunea @ Today at 04:46 AM

Brava, Dinara!!!
Piano Forum
I have a Yamaha upright with the silent system installed at production time. I play a Kawai upright of similar size at my lessons. I don't notice any significant difference in the acoustic action between those two pianos. The noise of the silent sys
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Are today's concert ppianists boring? by slipperykeys @ Today at 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By IncongruousOriginally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By IncongruousWhen the "novelty" of her playing has eroded away, I think she will just fade away into obscurity. If I had her money
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I balance everything out? by AndrewJCW @ Today at 03:48 AM

I would recommend picking up a method book and working through it yourself. Learning the basics of notation, the timing of notes, how to read treble and bass clef etc. It's the next best thing to a teacher for giving you a structured start to playing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I balance everything out? by outo @ Today at 03:42 AM

My best advice is to not try to rationalize so hard about it all or plan too much setting all these goals. It's easy to mess up your mind with all the conflicting and overwhelming advice, often ill suited for every person and every situation, no matt
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How do I balance everything out? by Skylarking @ Today at 03:19 AM

So I made a thread about a week ago on what can I learn for now without a teacher or a piano as a beginner. The thread is right over here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2466101 I was given a lot of advice. Which is great. The pr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Negotiating" a New Piano Price by michaelha @ Today at 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By Rickster So, the salesman sizes me up, takes a few minutes to show me a pyramid chart of piano brands, (with Steinway being at the top of the pyramid, of course ). Next, he takes me over to a small console upright with "
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning a VERY dusty Piano Lid by backto_study_piano @ Today at 03:06 AM

You want to put as little downward pressure on the dust particles so they don't scratch the surface. I used a hairdryer (set on cold) in one hand to blow away the dust and a light feather duster in the other to just loosen it as gently as I could.
Page 6 of 101 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 100 101 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mustonen plays Prokofiev's Third Concerto
by Janus K. Sachs
10/10/15 01:47 PM
Baldwin info
by Mark...
10/10/15 01:07 PM
Micro-environment for piano in wood-heated home
by gingko2
10/10/15 12:02 PM
Kawai CA67 and 97
by joe80
10/10/15 11:39 AM
How good is the Yamaha CLP-585 touch and feel?
by ChopinLives81
10/10/15 10:59 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,993 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,431 Topics
2,453,777 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission