Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
74 registered (Anticlock, A Guy, AllanH, 16 invisible), 1069 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sweet Spot in Piano Size? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

How many does the sanctuary seat? Also, is the piano ever used for acoustic performances? Usually for budgetary reasons, churches often underbuy in terms of size and quality of instrument. I'm happy to hear there's a concerned party looking after
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walter - Recent Pricing by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

I agree with the post above. Most dealers aren't going to share with you a "street price" over the phone or internet, particularly if you are out of their geographical area/zone. If you liked the one you tried, there aren't many recent,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistWe would rather have it easier and done faster than have it be at the limits of your ability and you having to agonize over it. I am glad to hear that. I am already wondering what I have let myself in for!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By JytteAaaarh, Nikolas, your PM box is full... I can't write you. Just wanted to ask... I'm still nuts about 'The Playful Countess'. I've only got 2 hands, but since I've got a DP, couldn't I just learn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance appreciated (intermediate-ish?) by dmd @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

If you do not "feel" the tempo and stay on time while you are playing then use a metronome to help you. If that does not do the trick ... Then you absolutely need to have someone (teacher ?) listening while you play and let you know if y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance appreciated (intermediate-ish?) by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

If a teacher is not in the cards, then try these for starters: 1. Record yourself and listen carefully. Listening to your recorded playing reveals a lot you don't hear when you're actually playing. Is it smooth? Choppy? Are you maintaining a stea
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Me and my son... by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

My version, videotaped today has only a tiny bit better video quality than the rock one! I'm doing great I tell you! :P Thanks PL!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Messian "La colombe" by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

Eric-- I've played around with it both ways, and you should too. Experiment, and keep your mind open for a while-- days or weeks-- before making a decision. I tend to like the sustenuto pedal / staccato E approach. But if you do this, I suggest not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walter - Recent Pricing by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

Try the Piano Buyer in the left hand column for the latest prices. You can also use the depreciation schedule to estimate the price of used Walter verticals. Make sure to read about SMP FIRST!! Unless you are not picky it's usually recommended to tr
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97? by Tristan251263 @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Hi all, I'm a newbie in this forum and play a CA 97 since a week and can recommend this instrument strongly. For comparison I play a thirty years old acoustic Kawai Upright Piano in a very good condition, it is the instrument, I've learned playing p
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Me and my son... by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Terrific! I found a rock version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzF3wMVWHs0
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Sweet Spot in Piano Size? by nwpiano @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on the sweet spot of piano size given the following considerations: 1. The piano is amplified through a microphone with the lid closed 2. The church wants a great sounding grand without sacrificing
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A thought about having 2 different lessons by pianostu @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

Albert, I empathize. I started about 6 years ago. I wanted to be able to play on occasion for friends and family. I took classes at the local college, and more recently, I have taken private lessons. What has happened is that I work very hard t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By leelAt last! My hands are HT! I really thought it was never going to happen--I'm not playing fast, but it is together and I'm thrilled beyond words. Well done. HT is no simple task. Slow is okay--the speed will come.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By hreichgottEditing notes can to my knowledge only be done with splicing, which means any section you want to edit, you have to re-take, and hope it's in keeping with the tempo, crescendi etc. as the original take. That's how thing
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Messian "La colombe" by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

J- Thanks. Another question on the same piece... In the last few measures, there are three low-E octaves, marked staccato. I had assumed that these were to be pedaled, with the staccato suggestive rather than literal. That's the way I heard it on on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

We would rather have it easier and done faster than have it be at the limits of your ability and you having to agonize over it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonicThose ABRSM tests are quite a bit shorter aren't they. Maybe only a couple of bars, four at the most. Writing it down would make sense - particularly if you don't pick out any pattern in the flow. Also, you have to r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Bourgault-Ducoudray's Rhapsodie cambodgienne. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNLXLCbD75A
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer Imperial concert grand -- 9 extra keys question by Thrill Science @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

I have a Bosendorfer 225 in my living room (92 keys). I like my extra keys. When people ask "Why?" I tell them it's because I've exhausted the musical possibilities of just 88 keys. I use one of the keys when playing "Jeux d'eau&quo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wear out a DP ? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Hi Charles, In addition to a pre-Soviet Petrof grand, I have here a Roland F-110. It has held up to my pounding with no issues. I don't spend much time on it, but when I do then the gloves come off, and it is fine.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By JytteAaaarh, Nikolas, your PM box is full... I can't write you. Just wanted to ask... I'm still nuts about 'The Playful Countess'. I've only got 2 hands, but since I've got a DP, couldn't I just learn and record one hand, then l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Those ABRSM tests are quite a bit shorter aren't they. Maybe only a couple of bars, four at the most. Writing it down would make sense - particularly if you don't pick out any pattern in the flow. Also, you have to read what you've written so ther
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by torquenale @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

My batch of the day. 41. Tom Christian - Minuet in G minor, BWV Anh. 115 I always liked this minuet, and I enjoyed your clean performance of it. And it's great on the harpsichord! 40. jotur-Cathy Turner - Weeping Willow Do you call this sloppy? Yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By Alexander BorroOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By JytteOriginally Posted By Alexander BorroReceived, I had a listen, interesting indeed, designed to deceive, now I understand the big when we were told it would
Page 6 of 105 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 104 105 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can anyone identify the ragtime piece being played here?
by stocklera1
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Different action in piano
by mp69
Yesterday at 09:19 PM
useful? Fun video with my son
by Nikolas
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No. 2
by LFYM
Yesterday at 06:20 PM
Problem with CASIO CDP-200R
by Peter188
Yesterday at 05:29 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,405 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,312 Topics
2,410,128 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission