Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
140 registered (ajames, accordeur, AmateurBob, A Guy, 36251, Alexander Borro, 36 invisible), 1740 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by Michael Sayers @ 11/24/14 04:39 PM

I'll accept the first two serieses of the Neue Liszt-Ausgabe, with the remainder as they become available. Probably though I'll never see the entire set, not even with Santa's help. It has been in progress since 1970, and with two serieses done in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ask Santa for piano music? by Michael Sayers @ 11/24/14 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaOne good idea, if you have children, is to fire a starting pistol out of the window and claim to have shot Santa. They blubber for a day or two but get over it. The difficulty with that idea is that is Santa turned
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: LarryShoneAnyone got a piano version of Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? There's a cool jazzy tv commercial featuring Joolz Holland on the ivories. Can have a look tomorrow.....I doubt if I have those scores..... Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Johan B @ 11/24/14 04:32 PM

24 november Today again no opportunity to play piano.......helping my daughter in her new home.....tomorrow back home......tomorrow I have to play for three days....... Best regards, Johan B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1st ever Cape Cod Ragtime Festival by hv @ 11/24/14 04:31 PM

Hi, Grandpianoman. The mics are my old standby pair of DPA compact 4021's that used to come in the 3511 stereo kit. The currently available equivalent DPA mic is apparently the 4011ES. I understand the 4011ES has the same capsule as the old 4021 bu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by MiguelAngel07 @ 11/24/14 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomer It _is_ a nice opportunity to be able to upgrade freely within five years. Why shouldn't I? I could be playing a very nice piano for five years for "free" and save up money for a nice upgrade in the mean
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: metronome markings by Michael Sayers @ 11/24/14 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: currawongI don't know what your "source" is, but I've always assumed that mm 90-130 means pick a number in that range and go with it, not wander anywhere you like from 90 to 130 and back again. That is what I had alw
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: Johan BOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneId like to be able to play Rachmaninov's Paganini Rhapsody. The slow variation, I forget the number, is a favourite piece of my partner. When i get my DP it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by pogmoger @ 11/24/14 04:26 PM

Hi pinkfloydhomer, I don't know how helpful the pricing information in Piano Buyer is if you are shopping outside of the US. In Denmark in particular you have to factor in the increased cost of doing business (higher taxes and wages etc.) and the la
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts I don't feel challenged...am I moving too fast? by Guitar&Piano @ 11/24/14 04:24 PM

Hi all! I just started teaching myself piano back in September and have been with my teacher since October. I really like her, but... I don't really feel challenged, and she's said before that she doesn't want me to get frustrated and wants to be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by Norbert @ 11/24/14 04:21 PM

Quote:I guess it's all supply and demand. But this doesn't feel like a very competitive market where a lot of sellers want my money and are willing to fight for it with sharp prices and good service. It feels like no one wants to sell me a GH170R at
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts advice about the right choice by Achilleas @ 11/24/14 04:07 PM

Well I am going to buy a d.piano for my 10 years old daughter. She has been studying piano for 3 years. Her teacher suggest to buy a cheap dp under 1000euros and after 3-4 years an upright piano. We live in apartment and we have unfriendly neighbours
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Call me irresponsible.... by harpon @ 11/24/14 04:05 PM

One or two drops of glue, down into the distinct little cavity the pin made at a certain point, is all it takes to much inhibit side play, without a re-bushing, for as yet an indeterminate time. better than nothing and saves some time. The keys pl
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Arizona Sage @ 11/24/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: beebossOriginally Posted By: Inlanding About Last Night https://www.box.com/s/4e887f4e09ee3b4b257b Contemplative https://www.box.com/s/6ac42e5a03e877064536 Morning Greets the New Day https://www.box.com/s/zck5cxbj326odaprve7q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing piano without a piano by JohnSprung @ 11/24/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoTrain your hand muscles! The interossei and the lumbricals, this will definately help your playing. If you need help with how to train them away from the piano, PM me, I have some exercises I can show you. Act
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technique for playing fast arpeggiated overlapping tetrads? by Nicholas Mihaila @ 11/24/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaOriginally Posted By: gooddogWatching it on YouTube - what a good idea. Let me now how it works for you! I'm finding it a little hard to decipher the tenor of your comment. Anyway,
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - Quick Review by lophiomys @ 11/24/14 03:56 PM

For the programming and setting up phase a Mac or PC interface to control and view all the parameters of the MP7/MP11 on a big screen would be very helpful.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
It's the consistency, obviously, now I think that would make me choose composite, if I had a choice. I just got in the mail a half dozen shanks with a hammer butt I'd ordered before I got onto this thread. I suppose the shanks are fairly typical w
It depends a lot on personal preference. I'm not keen on hefty bass and no acoustic piano I've ever had was bass-heavy so, for me, smallish monitors are no problem. I'm using Focal Alpha 50 which is a tiny bit larger than yours and the bass sounds
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Music!! by danielcarr @ 11/24/14 03:51 PM

Nice clean playing in first Prelude -- a bit of pedal which I liked -- not too dry Fugue -- impressive -- Trill speed needs to increase. A bit more dynamic contrast would be nice. Feel you were least technically comfortable with this piece. Stil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by verqueue @ 11/24/14 03:50 PM

Thank you Edtek and Peyton for your comments. Originally Posted By: PeytonMy only complaint is that I can't hear you on an acoustic grand. I wish I could record it on the grand. I miss grands so much... I'll try to buy some mics and record on my a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student feeling discouraged by missbelle @ 11/24/14 03:49 PM

There are many supplemental books in the Faber PA series, and I will often pull form there. As for taking longer, I tell my students it is like books in school- the younger grades have the primary readers that can be read in one sitting, and there i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai by Piano_Brazil @ 11/24/14 03:48 PM

My advice would be: don't rush... Last year I came all the way from Brazil to USA and visited 4 different dealers before I did find my dream piano (in my case, a Mason & Hamlin BB), with a very good discount. So, take your time, search over the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should dealer prep include by pinkfloydhomer @ 11/24/14 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: backto_study_piano You get nothing for nothing. The sales business is a complex balancing act of supply & demand as well as (not in your case directly) whether they've got floor stock which they need to move. You've said t
Jump to new posts Will smaller monitor speakers limit the low end of a DP? by Giancarlo Robles @ 11/24/14 03:37 PM

I was wondering if someone could clear up a few doubts I'm having. I would like to buy a pair of studio monitors and am considering some Presonus Eris E4.5s since they've been mentioned in the forums a few times, however I'm not sure how it would wo
Page 60 of 102 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 101 102 >
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A piano is a "value proposition".
by turandot
38 minutes 9 seconds ago
How Old should Bass Strings be Before You Replace Them?
by Paul678
Today at 11:03 AM
My Blüthner
by joe80
Today at 10:30 AM
What to teach before transferring to a jazz teacher
by hreichgott
Today at 10:06 AM
Neo-soul keys on Steinberg's half-price sale
by dire tonic
Today at 09:13 AM
Forum Stats
77074 Members
42 Forums
159418 Topics
2341819 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission