Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The Best Choice ? by Charles Cohen @ 04/20/14 06:35 PM

FWIW (at the low end of what might be acceptable) -- I have carried a PX-350 (could have been a PX-150, for straight piano playing), a stand, and an ElectroVoice ZXA1 powered stage monitor to gigs. That's 88 weighted keys, and enough power for &quo
Jump to new posts Re: Home speakers for RD700NX: need help! by Michael Wright @ 04/20/14 06:30 PM

Where in Toronto are you? I have dealt with the keyboard/recording dept at the Oshawa Long and Mcquade often and find them very helpful. They will steer you in the right direction, hopefully within your budget. P.S. For studio/home use right now
Yes, the PX-150 is pretty good value for the money, although if your budget is up to $1000, check out the more advanced PX-5S or PX-350. The PX-5S has no speakers, but the PX-350 has them. The 5S, which is my piano, has also socalled High resolution
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: CHAS PREPARATORY TUNING by alfredo capurso @ 04/20/14 06:28 PM

Hi All, I would like to address a special acknowledgment to Grandpianoman. With his 'amateur' dedication and will to improve his expertize, GP has been able to point out a dynamic issue, something that (IMO) all professional Piano Tuners should be
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Minnesota Marty @ 04/20/14 06:27 PM

The assumption is being made that the modern orchestra and modern vocalists perform in absolute "equal" temperament. We know that just isn't true. So much for the final example. On another note, has anyone ever heard an accordion which i
Jump to new posts Re: Home speakers for RD700NX: need help! by Charles Cohen @ 04/20/14 06:25 PM

I have a very old-fashioned bias: . . . For solid bass, you want at least one 8" woofer. Within budget of $300, some possibilities: . . One new KRK Rokit 8 (a "powered studio monitor"); . . one used ElectroVoice ZXA1 (I found one in t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by keystring @ 04/20/14 06:21 PM

The keyboard reflects the structure of Western music. But that music is not based on the keyboard. The "LOL" makes no sense. Additionally, quite a few people on this board have extensive studies in music. Quote: It's called counterpoint
Jump to new posts Re: Worth buying a new digital piano as a controller? by Digitalguy @ 04/20/14 06:16 PM

My suggestion: go with PX-150 and avoid P105. The action on P105 is one of the poorest, while the on on the Casio is much better.
Jump to new posts Re: Easter Themed Recordings - Kawai CA95 by kapelli @ 04/20/14 06:06 PM

Wolfblade, really nice recordings. Btw, did you tried to mellowing the ca95 tone by softening the hammers parameter? Is it any significant change, which still allows you to fully having fun from playing on it! For me it's also a bit bright, but I liv
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Video clip for classical music? by malkin @ 04/20/14 06:03 PM

I agree on both counts. The concept is interesting, but in this case the mundane 'come hither' choreography wasn't.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by A443 @ 04/20/14 06:00 PM

LOL...having studied and researched this (i.e., violin performance, musicology, ethnomusicology, theory, piano etc.) for over a decade at the university level, I was attempting to explain how and why the currently used western system of theory is--in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Few questions from a newbie regarding Bach and playing piano by The Lark Ascending @ 04/20/14 05:51 PM

Quote:Yes: with time you will recognise the patterns faster... A443; Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know! That's a good new and give me hope for the future.
Jump to new posts Worth buying a new digital piano as a controller? by slickvguy @ 04/20/14 05:49 PM

Hello. First post, so go easy on me. First, some background... I have a Yamaha PF85 that I bought when they first came out. I've had to repair it myself a few times, but the tank (as I affectionately refer to it) has served me well. When technolog
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Few questions from a newbie regarding Bach and playing piano by The Lark Ascending @ 04/20/14 05:49 PM

Thanks for the replies and wise advices. I will take a teacher. I found a school not too far from here. Thanks Heather for the Suzuki and Denes Agay books. I will certainly look into them. Quote:Will it go faster in few years? I was talking abou
Jump to new posts Re: On Temperament strip muting, and other things by adamp88 @ 04/20/14 05:49 PM

I learned tuning via strip muting the entire piano. Starting out, I found it easier to hear/isolate beats that way. In some cases I still find it quicker than single mute, though those cases are usually pianos where the best tuning still won't soun
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Video clip for classical music? by Nikolas @ 04/20/14 05:43 PM

So, I was drawn to this video by someone in Facebook: http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/k-pop-grou...ic-video-157093 I found that it's an interesting enough idea, and one that has crossed my mind many times: To do a "proper" video clip for cl
Jump to new posts Re: Home speakers for RD700NX: need help! by TheodorN @ 04/20/14 05:41 PM

Assuming it's for home practice, a basic 2.1 system could suffice. Don't think you could get a good PA system for up to $300 dollars, possibly used. Today I connected a 2 speakers + a subwoofer system to my PX-5S, and it came out alright. Power outpu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Learning Myths... by keystring @ 04/20/14 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: A443@\ From an ethnomusicological standpoint, western theory--which is keyboard based--doesn't apply...so other approaches for understanding are developed. I do not believe that western theory is "keyboard-based". Key
Jump to new posts Home speakers for RD700NX: need help! by PoleStar @ 04/20/14 05:32 PM

Hi all I am in Toronto and looking for help with my RD-700NX which I shipped here from Ireland. All sorted with getting a transformer to change voltage so I can use it. I now need some speakers to hear it as I dont always want to use headphones.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by A443 @ 04/20/14 05:29 PM

@Withindale, I'm not sure why only 360 is offered in your location... You can still hear it at 360p though. At 1:31-1:33, you are not hearing pedal (i.e., the dampers are all down on the strings, except for the extra bass notes)--you are ONLY hearin
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by puff @ 04/20/14 05:26 PM

Thanks Morodiene for the Typo correction! My spelling is way bad too. I dont mean to dis the CP4 - its sounds and keyboard are very good but but I found the interface less than intuitive - the CP5 was much easier to navigate and edit and eveything
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Morodiene @ 04/20/14 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonOriginally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: puff Yammaha have 'Bad Mister'so: Yammaha Phil (Clendeninn) Hes a good musician and great at explanations but dosn't stray far from the Yammaha (Mofifator) sit
Adult Beginners Forum
Again--just to make sure: NO; there should never be any numbness, pain, fatigue during/after playing the piano. You are doing something wrong; listen to your body! :-D Yes: with time you will recognise the patterns faster and it will not take so lon
Jump to new posts Re: I just can't get my head around temperament! by Ed Foote @ 04/20/14 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneTry as I might I cannot get to grips with "just" and "wolf" tuning. Help! "The piano is an untunable instrument. With only 12 notes in an octave, their combinations (intervals) cannot all be pe
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ 04/20/14 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: puff Yammaha have 'Bad Mister'so: Yammaha Phil (Clendeninn) Hes a good musician and great at explanations but dosn't stray far from the Yammaha (Mofifator) site.Not suprised as he's kept very busy
Page 60 of 129 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 128 129 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (A Guy, ABC Vermonter, accordeur, Alux, AmateurBob, 39 invisible), 1543 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74307 Members
42 Forums
153690 Topics
2252929 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
HELP! Is this strain because of my technique?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 11:26 PM
Is it my technique that's causing this?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 10:49 PM
Best brand of upright piano 48" or larger?
by WG40
04/23/14 10:22 PM
Kawai MP11 vs. Kawai VPC-1 Action / Key Length
by jp2011
04/23/14 10:00 PM
Canadian pricing for Kawai MP11?
by GWILLY
04/23/14 09:52 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission