Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
113 registered (anotherscott, albumblatter, anamnesis, A2mom, 33 invisible), 1268 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by opus88 @ 06/30/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By Emanuel Ravelli ... Defargue... Phil, a common spelling problem as I understand it. Debargue had some slips and a couple of weird pauses in the Tchaikovsky but overall I still like him the best. He does seem awkward and u
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery learning by Charles Cohen @ 06/30/15 01:03 PM

A lot of people learn rhythm best with marching, clapping, stomping -- something _physical_. It's not just intellectual --you must be able to _do_ the patterns you see on the page.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to music - overwhelmed by fuji88 @ 06/30/15 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By Vetticus And then I'm stuck with a massive list of songs which I am able to play (and would be quite good if I get back into the swing of things)... but most of these songs aren't the type of music I enjoy playing. Do you just
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Emanuel Ravelli @ 06/30/15 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By Emanuel RavelliOriginally Posted By tobevirtuosoWhen will they announce the result? After about 2 hours or tomorrow? 7:00 pm Eastern time tomorrow, according to the website. I really meant "Eastern European" time.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 06/30/15 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By Emanuel RavelliIt was interesting to note that Gergiev was sitting with the jury for Kharitonov’s performance. I watched most of the other finals performances on replay, and they don’t introduce the jury on those videos the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 06/30/15 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By BrendanHe might be the overall winner, too. I didn't enjoy his performances, but he was solid and seemed to be more in line with the European style (as opposed to Li). . Could you please explain
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to music - overwhelmed by PianoStudent88 @ 06/30/15 12:56 PM

Can you refocus from learning pieces to learning skills? To illustrate what I mean: I've recently started taking flute lessons, after a gap of many years of not playing the flute regularly. Like you, when I pull out my old pieces, I can tell I don
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Steve Cohen @ 06/30/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboyOriginally Posted By Steve CohenSharing atypically low selling prices does an injustice to the shopper, by setting up a false expectation and often moving them to comparably priced brands of lesser quality and value; the d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Emanuel Ravelli @ 06/30/15 12:50 PM

It was interesting to note that Gergiev was sitting with the jury for Kharitonov’s performance. I watched most of the other finals performances on replay, and they don’t introduce the jury on those videos the way they do on live feeds. Did anyo
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve CohenSharing atypically low selling prices does an injustice to the shopper, by setting up a false expectation and often moving them to comparably priced brands of lesser quality and value; the dealers who lose sales due to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/30/15 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By BrendanOriginally Posted By HakkiWhatever the result Kharitonov is my winner. He might be the overall winner, too. I didn't enjoy his performances, but he was solid and seemed to be more in line with the European style (as opp
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by 36251 @ 06/30/15 12:42 PM

FP-4 was one of my favorite digital pianos I ever owned. I sold it cause I got tired of the electric piano sound (rhodes.)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ 06/30/15 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By BrendanHe might be the overall winner, too. I didn't enjoy his performances, but he was solid and seemed to be more in line with the European style (as opposed to Li). . Could you please explain a little about what you mean by
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by tobevirtuoso @ 06/30/15 12:38 PM

Thank you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which piece describes your mood now? by pianoloverus @ 06/30/15 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasGreece is dying a painful death. My wife's away for the past three years. My mother in law, father in law, aunt in law, father all went through cancer (all are still alive, thank gawd), my mother fell and broke her knee (A
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Linda, Originally Posted By TX-Bluebonnet Sounds like you're doing really well! For those details that your teacher wants you to integrate (dynamics, phrasings, etc.), are those in addition to what's already marked in your book? It's about half
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to music - overwhelmed by PianoStudent88 @ 06/30/15 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By VetticusDo you just decide, what was in the past is in the past and now it's time for something fresh? This one. Partly based on what you've said, about not liking the old pieces so much and having new different ones that you w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fixing weak areas in piano pieces? by Isabelle1949 @ 06/30/15 12:31 PM

For week areas, I isolate them and play the measure just before, the weak area and the measure following it. But, always review weak area first, even practice first beat, stop, second beat, stop, etc. then play the last beat of the measure, next the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Emanuel Ravelli @ 06/30/15 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By tobevirtuosoWhen will they announce the result? After about 2 hours or tomorrow? 7:00 pm Eastern time tomorrow, according to the website.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Brendan @ 06/30/15 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiWhatever the result Kharitonov is my winner. He might be the overall winner, too. I didn't enjoy his performances, but he was solid and seemed to be more in line with the European style (as opposed to Li). Unless Masleev
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to develop finger muscles by phantomFive @ 06/30/15 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By trigalg693If you think you don't need strength/endurance (another form of strength really) to play, you should try Chopin op.10 no.2, or anything with a lot of fast octaves. Your technique can be perfect but if your muscles are w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by tobevirtuoso @ 06/30/15 12:26 PM

When will they announce the result? After about 2 hours or tomorrow?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have I Moved to the Dark Side? by bmbutler @ 06/30/15 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By MaggieGirlI don't think a barrier is "sad". My daughter should respect coaches and teachers unless they have earned a reason not to be respected. The barrier is respect - they are paid professionals and are the expert
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have I Moved to the Dark Side? by bmbutler @ 06/30/15 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsIf a student continues to make excuses for lack of practice, refuses to follow instructions or is rude, I give them one last chance - I tell them I will have no choice but to speak to their parent. Sometimes it is
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new PX-350! by Markarian @ 06/30/15 12:18 PM

Congratulations! The Privia series are fantastic pianos.
Page 60 of 95 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 94 95 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New piano. Now I hear all my flaws.
by hreichgott
07/04/15 02:09 PM
Cracked soundboard on a 1909 Estey Upright
by BenP
07/04/15 02:06 PM
Casio PX160 observations
by Possum SP280Krome
07/04/15 01:17 PM
Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168
by gokelly
07/04/15 11:27 AM
Internet falls in love w/ homeless man who plays piano in FL
by ShiroKuro
07/04/15 11:23 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,291 Topics
2,423,930 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission