Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
74 registered (Amateur Jerry, ando, AllanH, Anticlock, AmateurBob, 19 invisible), 1136 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By gooddogWelcome to the Forum xyzwvu. And from me likewise! Quote:I'm afraid I don't know what HK is..... I don't do great with abbreviations either and I sort of detest them .....I don't know why so many people like to use abbre
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by emenelton @ 04/13/15 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By pNoobQuote:What is even more interesting is that pnoob signed up for a forum just to suggest ardour as a daw. *sigh* I've been reading the forums for quite some time, but didn't really bother registering a user before i had som
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts How well do most people take care of their pianos? by pianoloverus @ 04/13/15 06:06 PM

I posted this on the tech forum but thought some here might also be able to offer insight on this question. My guess is that the majority of piano owners are not as obsessed with with pianos as the regulars at PW. And that many don't take great care
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by pNoob @ 04/13/15 06:03 PM

Quote:What is even more interesting is that pnoob signed up for a forum just to suggest ardour as a daw. *sigh* I've been reading the forums for quite some time, but didn't really bother registering a user before i had something to say. And now I s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Hammer butt spring/flange loop vs catcher counterweight by Chris Leslie @ 04/13/15 06:02 PM

I have an old German upright with butt springs that are due for flange cord replacement. I am considering removing the springs and cords and replacing with weights hanging on the end of the catchers. The function is to assist a hammer fall away from
Jump to new posts Re: replacing missing keys by bellspiano @ 04/13/15 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By selinkybleYes its the whole key sticks have been removed from half the keyboard - the top half to be precise They were actually all removed, but I replaced the lower octaves - the keys for the higher never turned up This is the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Symphony cancels Valentina Lisitsa by Nikolas @ 04/13/15 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By beet31425Originally Posted By gooddogOriginally Posted By sophialI’m going to take one more run at this whole thing and why I’m concerned enough to think that the TSO was justified in their actions. I’m glad historical cont
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by ElmerJFudd @ 04/13/15 06:00 PM

LOL You have to hand it to the open software crowd, they get very excited at these opportunities.
Jump to new posts How well do most people take care of their pianos? by pianoloverus @ 04/13/15 06:00 PM

This may be a hard question to answer because people who almost never have their piano tuned will probably not be known to tuner/techs. But anyway, what percent of piano owners do you estimate have their piano tuned: 1. at least once a year 2. at le
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by emenelton @ 04/13/15 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By bill5only commies use Macs What is even more interesting is that pnoob signed up for a forum just to suggest ardour as a daw.
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by ElmerJFudd @ 04/13/15 05:56 PM

Quote: The OP said that only commies use macs. <yawn> Anyway, if you're on a Windows PC and decide to get into Cubase, it's very widely used, as I mentioned the Steinberg.net forum is very active, and there is no shortage of videos, books, a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway in Wired by pianoloverus @ 04/13/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianOh, no I meant that the rich piano buyers would pick pieces off the iPad that they were familiar with and have the Spirio play it even though the piano wasn't intensively cared for. Basically, that the buyers would be no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Symphony cancels Valentina Lisitsa by beet31425 @ 04/13/15 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogOriginally Posted By sophialI’m going to take one more run at this whole thing and why I’m concerned enough to think that the TSO was justified in their actions. I’m glad historical context is coming up because it’
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by toddy @ 04/13/15 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By bill5only commies use Macs This, to me, is an astonishing socio-economic observation. I thought it was almost the opposite: that only petty bourgeois use macs. It is a fatishised object, exactly the sort of thing that was suppos
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Glenn TreibitzSounds very fair. A 1994 R is a generally nice piano. With good prep it can stand with any American piano made. Good luck with it. Thanks Glenn! Just wondering if you're saying that this Baldwin is not made i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with a good student who want to quit by bennevis @ 04/13/15 05:41 PM

My youngest sister was a talented student, but she gave up the piano after three years (by which time she'd got her ABRSM Grade 5 - Practical & Theory-, whereas it took me over five years to reach the same grade). She was a teenager, other activi
Pianist Corner
Welcome to the Forum xyzwvu. I'm afraid I don't know what HK is. This will be my 7th year at the Victoria Conservatory's Summer Piano Academy. To quote a friend, "I will go the VCM summer program every year until I die." It's that great.
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by emenelton @ 04/13/15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By pNoobIf you are using Mac or Linux, you should definately take a look at Ardour, which is an open source DAW that is way more powerful than Audacity. It includes features like MIDI editing, MIDI control surface support and VST su
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much is a fair price for a new Kawai GX-3 by Robert 45 @ 04/13/15 05:32 PM

Welcome to Piano World! Personally, when making a very significant, long term investment in a fine piano, I would first choose the new Kawai GX-3 that I liked most as a musical instrument rather than go for something that I could get for the cheapest
One of the only things standing between me and a Kawai CA67 right now is the set of problems with the CA97 that were recently reported here http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2403427/New_Kawai_CA97:_first_impressi.html#Post2403427
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a walk in the forest by bennevis @ 04/13/15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By Jeff ClefThis is what Beethoven used to do. Hey, it worked for him. It worked for Mahler too - his last composing studio was in a pine forest in the Tyrol, where he would do his work after a long walk. No doubt that's why cowbel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Symphony cancels Valentina Lisitsa by gooddog @ 04/13/15 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By sophialI’m going to take one more run at this whole thing and why I’m concerned enough to think that the TSO was justified in their actions. I’m glad historical context is coming up because it’s important to understanding
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can't Avoid Hand Pain by hreichgott @ 04/13/15 05:20 PM

Hanon is notorious for causing and aggravating injuries at the piano. If you are experiencing ANY discomfort at all with Hanon, throw the book away. Play scales and chords instead.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway in Wired by Markarian @ 04/13/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By iLawHah! I knew if I looked a bit I'd find Steinway shirts and coffee mugs. Click here for Steinway swag. Larry. Everything beneath the first two rows makes me want to gag.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair price for a 1994 Baldwin R with player system? by Glenn Treibitz @ 04/13/15 05:08 PM

Sounds very fair. A 1994 R is a generally nice piano. With good prep it can stand with any American piano made. Good luck with it.
Page 60 of 94 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 93 94 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
adult tutor books
by lovepianoteaching
29 minutes 16 seconds ago
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Hi im NEW
by DigitalC
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
I want to publish a thank you. Please check.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
new Yamaha P-105, headphones don't turn off speakers
by carojm36
Yesterday at 07:28 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,319 Topics
2,397,176 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission