Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (bennevis, beet31425, 36 invisible), 1384 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: how to play Bach with stability? by Emanuel Ravelli @ 06/20/16 10:50 AM

There's a plaque in my music room that reads: "There is nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the music plays itself." Johann Sebastian Bach As if . . .
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: piano concerto orchestration by Divinity @ 06/20/16 10:43 AM

"I don't think you would find any pianist here, whatever their level, that would recommend a deviation from the expected practice in notating piano music." aha i know! theres a reason we use this system xD still, trying new things and ino
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA17, CA67 & CA97 users: SK-EX, EX, or... by David Izquierdo @ 06/20/16 10:38 AM

I like very much the Shigeru patches on the CA97 and also the EX Concert, but to be honest I also use pretty much other patches like the Pop Grands, Jazz, Standard and a few others and I cannot truly say they are less quality or less playable than th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: how to play Bach with stability? by BruceD @ 06/20/16 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949I would love for an e perished Bach player to chime in[...] "... e perished " = experienced? or ... this could be an explanation of how things get lost in the ether of the internet. "My message e-pe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pramberger JP 131 serial number and age by BDB @ 06/20/16 10:34 AM

Probably 2008, if that is a Samick serial number.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA17, CA67 & CA97 users: SK-EX, EX, or... by Timpskie @ 06/20/16 10:19 AM

Numbers are one thing. If these HI-XL samples use up to 90% storage space, the quality must be far better than the other samples. But numbers don't say everything. What my question was: how do you guys hear or experience this difference in quality? A
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By wouter79thanks for feedback on my question It seems only jotur is really using these notes, for metronome marks and for "chord progression discoveries or fills or bass variations" - if I'm playing by ear I write thos
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by ebonykawai @ 06/20/16 10:08 AM

I'm also thinking I'll go through level 5. With the addition of appropriate level repertoire, I can't see how any of it would be a waste of time. There really is a lot of small bits of information scattered within PA that I now appreciate. I think it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie seeks input: 1903 Chickering upright by ebonykawai @ 06/20/16 10:04 AM

If the pinblock can't hold a tuning, why would you buy this piano? There are many decent pianos, much newer and in good condition, that you can buy for $1500.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: how to play Bach with stability? by Isabelle1949 @ 06/20/16 09:58 AM

I would love for an e perished Bach player to chime in. His music looks so simple on paper, but when the fingers hit the keys and the eyes hit the page, by brain is scrambled. I've thought of taking one month to read nothing but Bach. Maybe my brain
Adult Beginners Forum
thanks for feedback on my question It seems only jotur is really using these notes, for metronome marks and for "chord progression discoveries or fills or bass variations". I write those in the scores like dogperson
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Emanuel Ravelli @ 06/20/16 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_CBTW, I'm not wanting to single out any people too much on here, but I'll just say that I think Piano World is batting 1.000 so far on our members making the next round. +1 ! And best of luck to doctor S!
Adult Beginners Forum
20 June 2016 This weekend working at Bach, Fuga's Haydn, Sonatas Sorry, I did not post since 11 & 12 June( and I wrote May.... arghhhh) Too busy? But still playing every day my piano...... Best regards, Johan B
Pianist Corner
You will blink and your child will be turning seventeen like my oldest will be this summer. Childhood flies by and we live in a society where it is very much counter culture to nurture and protect childhood. Don't neglect to consider not only the p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie seeks input: 1903 Chickering upright by tomverlaine @ 06/20/16 09:07 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniThe pictures are not great, but it does appear that work was performed on the piano. I would be concerned with the ability to hold pitch, the regulation and choices made in replacement parts, and the condition of th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills - Tone or Semitone? by fatar760 @ 06/20/16 08:55 AM

"It's difficult to say without the score in front of us. Could you post an image of that passage?" Yes! I will try and do this later on
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Nice work! - I've also thought about the limitation of 8 setpoints... Since the Verituner seems to create the tuning from the temperament out both ways, it should be possible to use two tuning files, if needed for difficult scales. That would give t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach Bbm fugue (WTC book 2) fingering by TwelfthRoot2 @ 06/20/16 08:52 AM

Hi all, I recently ordered WTC book 2 on amazon, but it won't get here for another 2 weeks. Does anyone happen to have the fingering markings for this fugue? I was working out my own fingering, but I'm not confident that it's the most economical a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills - Tone or Semitone? by fatar760 @ 06/20/16 08:48 AM

Absolutely and, naturally, I can and will do this eventually but I'd like to go into the rehearsal room with a 'correct' choice. It actually opened up a bigger question for me which is "how do you know whether to trill up a semitone or a tone&
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Checking by....wishing you the best by piano_primo_1 @ 06/20/16 08:48 AM

-Try to practice when you’re ready. I know the feeling of creativity that comes from one study to another and so on , and that may inspire you in other ways you don’t see now. Even with any physical/other therapies. I hope you feel well soon i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: how to play Bach with stability? by hreichgott @ 06/20/16 08:36 AM

Jason, I was just at a concert the other night with two extremely good pianists performing two hours of Bach (solo works, alternating pianists.) They both used the score for every piece. So that's one thing. I personally am much more secure playing
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by 3times2 @ 06/20/16 08:26 AM

Best of luck to those competing! Fun to have the real names now so that I could read your bios and know who to root for. I am hoping my son and I can make it over to Ft. Worth this week to watch some portion of the competition live.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills - Tone or Semitone? by hreichgott @ 06/20/16 08:17 AM

Ask the composer!! That's the great thing about working with living composers. You can just ask them questions.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trills - Tone or Semitone? by Nikolas @ 06/20/16 08:16 AM

It's difficult to say without the score in front of us. Could you post an image of that passage? But in any case, normally if you don't get a natural above the trill, then it should be an F#
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by Bsw @ 06/20/16 08:15 AM

I went away for the weekend and was not able to practice 6/17 thru 6/19. No piano in sight.
Page 60 of 67 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 66 67 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My presentation at the Los Angeles Statewide Convention
by shirlkirsten
06/26/16 02:33 PM
Essay about music lessons via Skype
by indigo_dave
06/26/16 08:36 AM
Yamaha Silent Grand (SH system)
by Davdoc
06/26/16 08:22 AM
Roland Kiyola KF-10
by Dscally
06/26/16 06:46 AM
Left Handed Pianist Needs advice
by Rusco
06/26/16 06:00 AM
Forum Stats
84,110 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,576 Topics
2,536,598 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission