Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Could you set up another Goodreads list? How would it know the difference between Charles Dickens/Tale of Two Cities and Saint Saens/Dans Macabre?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: PianoTeq typical configuration at home/studio by stamkorg @ 08/16/14 02:52 PM

I use a 5 years laptop, dual core i5, 4 Gb of RAM, os Tango Studio (linux) and a Focusrite 6i6 soundcard. I own my Roland hp507 to pilot Pianoteq and the sound returns from the soundcard inside the hp507 amplification and speakers. For me it sounds f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ 08/16/14 02:39 PM

57. Greener / Jeff Green - Badinerie Jeff, since you asked(!): there are patches here that show you have all the necessaries. This is just a bit rushed for the show. It's just not a piece you've nurtured and worked on for a long time before presentin
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: laguna_greg ...right now in my studio I have nothing but professionals and injured people, all with advanced degrees. Just looking for clarification: All your students are professional musicians who hold advanced degrees (in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by malkin @ 08/16/14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: beet31425I would like to take this opportunity to say that, from a linguistic/aesthetic perspective, I hate this term "earworm" that has come into common usage the last few years. Words are little musical motifs; some
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pics of your grand piano in a tiny living room by Joe Garfield @ 08/16/14 02:20 PM

Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate all the feedback.
Piano Forum
Even if there was an issue, Kawai has really easy to understand and follow service manuals. They make quality stuff that can actually be serviced, and their action is more acoustic piano-like in my opinion. Their attention to detail is impeccable.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tempo fluctuation in Chopin etude op 25 no 2 by bennevis @ 08/16/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: Hakki....Remember the old LPs? They were to be played at exactly 33-1/3 speed. You see it must be that accurate. Yes -- there were many cases of people whose turntables so
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: all of Beethoven Sonatas by trigalg693 @ 08/16/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_greg"Here's a sandwich and a glass of milk. When my wife and I come back this evening, have the 1st two movements learned." So he did. Then the next day, he said the same thing to him about the last movement.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday Bill Evans - Bill Evans master class by Dfrankjazz @ 08/16/14 02:15 PM

6 part in-depth master class analyzing Bill's solo masterpiece A Time For Love bar by bar: http://youtu.be/vpRpAShR9lQ Blessings and keep swingin!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Completed Piano Refinish - What do You Think? by Joe Garfield @ 08/16/14 02:13 PM

Nice work, it is inspiring!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Squeaky noise from the lid hinges - WD40? by Joe Garfield @ 08/16/14 02:11 PM

Most lubricants are petroleum based, and petroleum is bad for a lot of materials. A synthetic lubricant would be better. If you can take the hinge apart, something like Super Lube (has teflon) would be great. It's clear and odorless and synthetic. If
Jump to new posts Kawai CA 95 Voicing issue by Dutch Dhamma @ 08/16/14 02:00 PM

Adjusting the Concert Grand piano sound to my liking I use the Mellow (1) and Mellow (2) voicing in the Virtual Technician menu. I have noticed a strange difference between these two settings. It seems that the Mellow (2) setting not only mellows the
Okay, didn't want to add more to the mix until I got a definitive response from Kawai Japan through Alan at Kawai USA. But that could be a while, and in light of my new information, I wouldn't want anyone sending back their unit just yet. Alan calle
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by beet31425 @ 08/16/14 01:56 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to say that, from a linguistic/aesthetic perspective, I hate this term "earworm" that has come into common usage the last few years. Words are little musical motifs; some have charm, power, or grace, wh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by bennevis @ 08/16/14 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusI started jogging around the NYC Central Park reservoir about three months ago. I've found that while jogging I often experience an ear worm(constantly repeating the same melody in my head) although I don't have many
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ 08/16/14 01:53 PM

These recitals are always a bit of a drain on our time. They're fabulous to listen to but if the comments don't come within a certain time-frame they seem to lack much of the impact that's generated while the recital is still fresh. I'll add what I c
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by bennevis @ 08/16/14 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: funkycornwallABRSM exams are always on an acoustic piano and as far as I am aware this will be a grand piano. I should think it would be the same for Trinity Guidhall exams. All my ABRSM exams were on uprights (Grades 1-4 in a
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: horizontal bracket application (a more legible example) by Michael Sayers @ 08/16/14 01:40 PM

Hi Steve, It should work fine now, at least for this thread! With the other thread the images are "gone" for some reason.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newman Piano Info by S. Phillips @ 08/16/14 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: jbobI have a Newman Bros. Overstrung Grand that I inherited. I don't know much about it. It has a serial number of 17336. It isn't in the greatest shape, I wouldn't say it's bad though either. It needs some woodwork done on
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by peterws @ 08/16/14 01:28 PM

You're a cynical lot! These manufacturers provide us with wonderful affordable pianos (who can, or wants to be able to, afford a decent grand to take exams on?) Music is for everybody, not the select few. Maybe we should be just happy to listen to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for new Grand Piano; SoCal Area by BruceD @ 08/16/14 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve ChandlerOriginally Posted By: BrianDX I would love to hear what the owner of a 5-year old Estonia thinks. Perhaps they are totally fine with this, I actually hope so. Brian, My Estonia 190 was made in 2004. I enjoy hea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting motivated to practice by phantomFive @ 08/16/14 01:07 PM

It sounds like (correct me if I'm wrong) you DO enjoy practicing once you get started. In that case the solution is to find a way to overcome the voice inside that encourages you to not start. There are several ways to do that, but my preferred is t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by laguna_greg @ 08/16/14 01:03 PM

Hi Piano, I do that all the time even when I'm standing still.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by phantomFive @ 08/16/14 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: phantomFive There are so many reasons that jumping to the conclusion that your reason for failure is genes is jumping to conclusions. Unless you have evidence that some genetic trait was stopping your pro
Page 60 of 108 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 107 108 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
155 registered (36251, accordeur, ajames, *windowlicker*, 51 invisible), 1639 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75885 Members
42 Forums
156810 Topics
2304092 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Too ashamed of lack of progress to go back for lessons
by Saranoya
08/20/14 02:38 PM
Drinking and drug addiction is rife in the classical...
by pianoloverus
08/20/14 01:23 PM
Changes to NY Steinways Recently
by iObsessed
08/20/14 01:20 PM
Jazz Keyboard Harmony by Phil DeGreg
by bagatelle
08/20/14 12:25 PM
Record and Playback to-and-from Disklavier DKC55?
by dhilderbrand
08/20/14 12:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission