Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by wimpiano @ 09/14/14 10:47 AM

Since this is sort of a slowchat anyway, my little daughter loves our piano.. (As an obstacle)
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by petes1 @ 09/14/14 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyBWe can go on and on about this forever. And that's one of the beauties of sites like this one! Quote:...I was simply trying to make the point that all of these products whose purpose is to try to simulate a "real&quo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: jim ialeggioOriginally Posted By: OlekAnd you never sort them, as this is useless is not it? With new action parts, its in sheer number of processes which are tantamount to completely re-manufacturing brand new $1500 sets of p
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cost of Lessons in Los Angeles by keystring @ 09/14/14 10:36 AM

The one problem in this discussion is a beginner's ability to understand if they are truly progressing, or whether the the things they should be learning are being learned. Some of us began our studies as adult beginners and eventually found this ou
Jump to new posts Re: DP Shopping in Paris by tanjinjack @ 09/14/14 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsYou will perhaps know by now unless you have slim fingers, that the Yamaha action is restrictive compared to the Kawai concerning the space available between the back keys. You cannot readily adjust this as on an acousti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: San Marino competition by outo @ 09/14/14 10:34 AM

Liked the second Kim much better, but I missed the first half of her performance. Melnikov makes his full large tone with his skilful pedal use, which suits very well with his late romantic repertoire. IMO a little less would have been better on Ba
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by fnork @ 09/14/14 10:33 AM

Well, this thread so far is obviously dealing with how performers relate to spontaneity/non-spontaneity. But the thread so far doesn't seem to address the issue of whether the score itself (and the composer him/herself) suggests anything regarding ho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cost of Lessons in Los Angeles by Peter K. Mose @ 09/14/14 10:26 AM

The one unifying demographic is affluent students who can afford $100 lessons. Most piano teachers don't swim in that stream, regardless which materials they use.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by peterws @ 09/14/14 10:24 AM

When did ya say you're retiring?
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: Jonathan Baker Ilinca, Also, your sales-bait of "you won't have to work hard" or "sacrifice anything" is insulting to anyone of average intelligence. Any student of mathematics, chemistry, farming, cooking
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing an orig Steinway action with carbon-fibre? by jim ialeggio @ 09/14/14 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By: OlekAnd you never sort them, as this is useless is not it? With new action parts, its in sheer number of processes which are tantamount to completely re-manufacturing brand new $1500 sets of parts that I as a fine rebuilder, l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by zrtf90 @ 09/14/14 10:14 AM

I've been spending a good bit of time on Dvorak recently and am hoping to present some of his piano music at the next ABF recital. The "New World" was the only symphony of his that I was familiar with - I knew the Cello Concerto, of course,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: large fingers playing up the action by Derulux @ 09/14/14 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungCheck out the picture in his Wikipedia bio -- his fingers weren't that big. I think this is a matter of perspective (lens/pic, not cognitive). Look again at the pic, particularly his LH. It's barely open and app
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A concert hall inside your bedroom by Dennis in Canada @ 09/14/14 10:12 AM

That's funny, Purkoy.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Cromatic lead in Elton John song by Arabesque @ 09/14/14 10:02 AM

Suspended first inversion Gb, Ab, Bb fifths to C major with an open fifth in left hand.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ 09/14/14 10:01 AM

Oongawa: how great you managed to play every day! Congratulations on your solution! Ron - I hear what you're saying. Good luck with that foundation and see you next year!
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Cruisin' - Sioen (Piano Cover) by Nica @ 09/14/14 09:58 AM

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vaeRttlSc It is my piano cover video of Cruisin' by Sioen. I sampled his voice from the original video. Hope you enjoy this video.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by S. Phillips @ 09/14/14 09:56 AM

The amount of work done in regulating is directly related to the amount of playing and maintenance that a piano has had. The folks at Kawai won't be able to help much in this regard unless they can inspect the piano personally. There is no way of t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by jeffreyjones @ 09/14/14 09:51 AM

A spontaneous performance may have an unusual tempo, ignore directions in the score, phrase in an unusual or unidiomatic way.. or it can just be a good straight reading that sounds like the musician is fully committed and effortless, as if it was a c
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing an orig Steinway action with carbon-fibre? by jim ialeggio @ 09/14/14 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Olek A colleague just fitted one and I could see the Job going on. Limited experience indeed but we are neighbors. Voicing was not a breeze. My problem with this way of drawing conclusions on either very limited 1st hand, a
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by TonyB @ 09/14/14 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenYou can carry your guitar around with you. It's a lot harder to do that with your acoustic piano. But it _is_ possible with a digital piano. You can perform on the instrument you _know_, not the one that happen
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by TonyB @ 09/14/14 09:36 AM

Many people here seem to use and like Pianoteq. I am sure, as I said, that most of this type of product will be a good solution for one player or another. I already purchased Pianoteq as per the advice of some posters here whom I have read prior t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by dcnm50 @ 09/14/14 09:35 AM

Retsacnal, Just sent you a PM about location. Yes, it is in MD.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by rnaple @ 09/14/14 09:33 AM

Cas... Why don't you drop me from the list. I've only been touching the keyboard as an excuse to keep up MOYD. That isn't what it's all about. In fact, I've been practicing undoing things in my autonomic mind I had picked up. Only to do it better, m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by dcnm50 @ 09/14/14 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: supersportHi, You need to confirm the age exactly and when it was first sold since the Kawai warranty is 10 years and might come into play if it has loose tuning pins. Hi, Dave, I did confirm it was made in 2004 by its ser
Page 60 of 89 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 88 89 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What books do you use for teaching beginners?
by Daffodil
09/19/14 12:54 AM
Help buying digital piano for my son
by roomservicetaco
09/18/14 11:54 PM
Headphone impedance for DP90se
by lunobili
09/18/14 10:29 PM
A Simulation Investigating the Source of Inharmonicity
by PaintedPostDave
09/18/14 10:18 PM
Chrono Trigger piano medley
by Stefo
09/18/14 04:44 PM
Who's Online
91 registered (ando, Allan W., antony, allakart, AEMontoya, 25 invisible), 944 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76250 Members
42 Forums
157617 Topics
2315154 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission