Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
112 registered (alerique, ando, ajames, AZ_Astro, Beakybird, 24 invisible), 1272 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: new piano, but too bright by KurtZ @ 02/01/16 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung You just bought an expensive item from a professional dealer. Step number one should be to see what the dealer will do to make you happy. The piano is neither broken or defective. What should the dealer do besi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67 buzzing noise is not the speakers by Kawai James @ 02/01/16 09:20 PM

nylan3, may I recommend that you raise this topic with the dealer from whom your CA67 was purchased. They should be able to confirm whether or not there is an issue with the instrument. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a Piano company by Norbert @ 02/01/16 09:18 PM

Dealers of beginner grade pianos often don't do those pianos any justice. It's extremely hard to pass judgement without having seen these pianos. We once offered comparable pianos [Bergmanns] but serviced hack out of them. "Jodi", one of t
Adult Beginners Forum
I don't see how practicing with an app will be any improvement on practicing following a teacher's instruction.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $17,800 for a 2000 Estonia L190... Too much?? by Norbert @ 02/01/16 09:09 PM

Quote:Thanks Norbert, I really appreciate your willingness to assist piano neophytes such as myself. It will be interesting to hear the difference in tone with the piano in my house. The piano sounds amazing on the showroom floor. De nada, senor! B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From now on.... by Norbert @ 02/01/16 09:05 PM

Quote:Norbert, So you are going to start using your full name from now on? Is that what you mean? As opposed calling myself "Jack the Ripper" or "Attila the Hun" Unless specifically requested... Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Books for learning to read music? by scgrant @ 02/01/16 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By Michiyo-Fir What would you recommend as a good set of books to have for her to learn at her own pace, especially one that teaches you how to read music concisely and simply? The first 50 pages of Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Cour
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forgetting music by malkin @ 02/01/16 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbows...The store changed the configuration, placing a wall around the merchandise. IMO, that was an invitation for anyone to walk out with music that was not paid for. Well if the shop makes stealing look so inviting
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: new piano, but too bright by Norbert @ 02/01/16 08:51 PM

Quote:the new yamaha c3x is just arrived, but it's totaly different from how i remember i've listen at the dealer. Hoping you got the piano you played in store. Or was it perhaps another identical one 'out of crate'? Quote:Anyway, I've one free tun
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finish on ebony satin Mason Hamlins by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 02/01/16 08:46 PM

If a flattening agent is used the top coat would not be polished in any way after application, polishing processes would remove the flattening agent and would do so unevenly resulting in a blotchy sheen. If a flattening agent was used and no furthe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From now on.... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 02/01/16 08:42 PM

Norbert, So you are going to start using your full name from now on? Is that what you mean?
Adult Beginners Forum
Welcome to the forum Troy! "I wish there were a piano learning app that did X, Y, and Z." There already is, it's called a T-E-A-C-H-E-R. My feelings on the subject are as follows... You cannot hasten the piano learning experience any mo
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Troy Mulder I am a software developer, and my undying desire to learn to play the piano has driven me to ponder whether I could make a better piano learning software application. That sounds incredibly difficult, but you're th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GC1M by CHRISTIAN1325 @ 02/01/16 08:38 PM

I was wondering if I was over paying
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Books for learning to read music? by raubucho @ 02/01/16 08:35 PM

I suppose each piano learning system has its own unique or peculiar strengths. I am convinced that sight reading is one of the great strengths of the Faber and Faber Piano Adventures series. Sight reading gets special attention in that series, in th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GC1M by Norbert @ 02/01/16 08:33 PM

Quote:What would a Flawless looking and playing 2010 Yamaha GC1M go for in the used market? Got quoted $16,500......$17,900 OTD. That's for you to decide, the buyer. Price of any product depends on availability and pricing of other competing produ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by earlofmar @ 02/01/16 08:30 PM

looking forward to listening to your submission in the future Martin, welcome.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Troy MulderHello everyone! It seems to me that the more well-known apps out there are centered on the model of a popular artist playing his or her own song, while the piano student watches and listens and then gives it a go, and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by Anne H @ 02/01/16 08:23 PM

I'm in! I am not happy with my recording at all, but I am happy with how I've learned it and how it sounds when my "stage fright" is not active. Therefore, I'm turning it in anyway and calling it done. I'm proud of all the work I've done ov
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a Piano company by Piano*Dad @ 02/01/16 08:13 PM

Quote:Wyman Piano Company is a well established piano venture created by experienced former Baldwin executives with more than 60 years combined piano industry experience. These new Wyman instruments feature proprietary cabinet designs, including clas
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a Piano company by terminaldegree @ 02/01/16 08:08 PM

Well, a GB1 is a 25-40% more expensive piano than the two smallest Wyman grands, so what would you expect? If they spent a day doing some prep work on the piano, you might be surprised how it might sound and play afterward.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From now on.... by Norbert @ 02/01/16 08:08 PM

Quote:And, as far as any dealer members, or any members for that matter, leaving Piano World or choosing not to participate in the forums any longer (for whatever reason), I honestly don't think it is that many, and if there are, they usually come ba
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hammerklavier, 1st movement by Orange Soda King @ 02/01/16 08:05 PM

Good luck with the Ligeti! One of my friends is playing the Devil's Staircase.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finish on ebony satin Mason Hamlins by Toddler2 @ 02/01/16 08:03 PM

I have one. I suppose a true satin finish uses flattening agents, rather than rubbing a gloss finish with pumice or fine steel wool. Maybe call it a rubbed black lacquer finish?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Celdor @ 02/01/16 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By StefanMDo any of the LX7/17 owners notice the faint hushing/hissing coming out of the large woofers at the bottom? Can you please test it? If needed please also lean down and get closer and closer to the left/right sides of the s
Page 60 of 95 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 94 95 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
OT. . Just Wondering
by peterws
Today at 07:37 AM
Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones
by johnlewisgrant
Today at 07:28 AM
Casio PX-350 question
by T E Bekken
Today at 06:51 AM
Site update
by mikka942
Today at 06:31 AM
Light: Small, inexpensive, battery-operated
by Noonie
Today at 06:09 AM
Forum Stats
82,486 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,302 Topics
2,492,688 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission