Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
111 registered (3times2, agraffe, aliash, 36251, Al LaPorte, 32 invisible), 1334 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by EP @ 05/20/16 12:15 AM

TonyB, I'm glad you took care of your finger - you need all 10! I didn't mean to imply that you should just ignore it and work through the pain, at risk of further damage. It just reminded me of a guy I know who suffered a stroke which paralyzed his
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 05/20/16 12:13 AM

BTW, did y'all notice.....On at least one program, they have an umlaut on the u in Widmung. * I thought I'd learned something. To make sure, I looked it up. Looks like I didn't learn something, except that it looks like there's a mistake on there.
Adult Beginners Forum
I just finished reading a wonderful book, "Making Music for the Joy of It" by Stephanie Judy. She covers a lot of topics (practicing, memorizing, stage fright, etc.) that are valuable for adult beginners, but one topic in particular caught
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by ThatAdamGuy @ 05/20/16 12:10 AM

Messiah, I believe it also depends on what version of Android you're running. From my experience*, MIDI stuff will work on Android Marshmallow for sure, maybe Lollipop, but almost certainly not on earlier versions. For instance, I was able to use t
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by eshmh @ 05/19/16 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By MessiahJay, is the pianodesigner not functional with bluetooth on Android? Trying to get it to work here but it wont find any device, and my phone have found Roland HP-605 so not sure what the problem is. Any advice? It is inde
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ 05/19/16 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By VidOriginally Posted By Sam SDid some unix text sorting - all the selections from all the rounds except the concertos - enjoy! Scary: 3 Liszt Transcendentals, including Feux Follets, Mephisto Waltz No. 1, La Campanella, 2
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by Pianocat3 @ 05/19/16 11:51 PM

I have been out of method books a year now. I left off halfway through Alfred's adult book 3 when I returned to lessons after a 10 year gap. My teacher usually abandons method books after about Faber book 2/3. I am having the time of my life! Don't w
I don't see acoustic pianos ever being in jeopardy because of VSTs. What happens with the sound physically is hard enough to emulate through modelling, let alone reproducing with precision.
hello i want to translate a video of KAWAI CA15 Digital Piano DEMO - English to chinese ,i want to make a subtitle in order to others(chinese)can understand the function of CA 15 ,but a lot of Specialized vocabulary in the video(my english to wea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by WhoDwaldi @ 05/19/16 11:39 PM

Some thorny transcriptions, concert arrangements in the rep. list. Legacy of Frederic Chiu going back to the 1993 big boys/gals contest?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai, Yamaha, Roland... Shorter boards!! by upbeat @ 05/19/16 11:25 PM

Buddy, we get it... all hail Kawai and the MP7... no need to make a statement for it every two posts (on every possible thread, I might add).
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Originally Posted By casinitalyOk, due to booking problems we're not going to be able to see the Last Supper This happened on my recent visit to Milan where I met you. Not to me, but a traveling companion who REALLY wanted to see it. We're convinc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by keysandpaws @ 05/19/16 11:11 PM

Does anyone know what level you would be considered after the end of Alfred Premier? Maybe late intermediate? How about at the end of John Thompson? It looks to me like by the end of that system, you'd be pretty well into the advanced stages. It seem
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Experience Playing "Before-beat" Music by MacMorrighan @ 05/19/16 11:02 PM

Okay, so I've realized that I just don't have much experience playing music in which the first few notes of the song occur before the first measure of the song. For example: In a song written in 6/8 Time you might have an eighth-note, which is the
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of getting a Casio PX-5S by moleskincrusher @ 05/19/16 10:58 PM

The Quik Lok Monolith is a perfect keyboard stand for you, IMO, easily adjustable up to even stand-up height, ultra stable, user-friendly (sets up and down in seconds). I'm 6 ft 2 in tall and have used it with my PX-5S for 2 yrs now with gratifying
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ 05/19/16 10:56 PM

TonyB I missed last week because of crazy work obligations, and an illness, and got very little practice in. I know exactly what you mean about having your momentum derailed. It can be crazy frustrating. But as a very wise man once said, "Li
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by login @ 05/19/16 10:56 PM

So it is out of tune why nobody records it and shows it? you now like with a tuner or one of the many software tools that exist. The statement without proof seems totally unethical.
Jump to new posts Re: Arturia releases new modeled Piano by login @ 05/19/16 10:50 PM

I had high hopes, but after playing the demo it is quite far away from being realistic and on par with pianotec, I would say I wouldn't get it even for 50 USD. Unfortunately I doubt arturia will invest in improvement, they have not done so with thei
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by shalomjj @ 05/19/16 10:42 PM

Well, I totally agree it can't compare to a real acoustic piano, but you have to admit it's pretty amazing and I'm excited to see what they come out in the years to come...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano lessons over skype, any teachers here? by BrianDX @ 05/19/16 10:37 PM

Congrats to the Foxes!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Not off the top of my head. I would have to do some digging. Alkan had a very unique way of looking at things, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he was the first or nearly the first. After all he also wrote a piano concerto and symphony for piano sol
Piano Forum
To make a plan to rectify touch issues like the OP is describing in an upright piano one needs to inspect and determine what the weight balances, spring forces, and angular momentum issues with the action design are. In almost all uprights, the ret
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by trigalg693 @ 05/19/16 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By Nordomus Yep, been doing that till last year. But I'm not satisfied with it anymore but I guess there is no choice for now. Could you please share with me what you will create? I love Rach first concerto, I'd like to learn it as
Jump to new posts Re: Alternatives to CA67 please. by Kawai James @ 05/19/16 10:21 PM

Thank you Tim.
Jump to new posts Re: Arturia releases new modeled Piano by sullivang @ 05/19/16 10:19 PM

I really like some of the sounds, even though it's not as authentic as Pianoteq. Greg.
Page 60 of 82 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 81 82 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Duet partner in New Orleans
by Isabelle1949
05/25/16 10:24 AM
Playing strings of staccato chords
by Muove
05/25/16 09:19 AM
KAWAI CA91 compared to CA65
by cuchuoi
05/25/16 05:47 AM
No capstans and question about damper lift
by Beemer
05/25/16 01:56 AM
MESSIAEN - Theme and variations
by PatrickCaldwell
05/24/16 09:51 PM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,914 Topics
2,527,559 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission