Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
167 registered (Al LaPorte, accordeur, AB Forum Recital, A Guy, 36251, 48 invisible), 1603 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by phantomFive @ 01/28/15 02:11 PM

Usually when I try to do something valuable, I end up spending money on some things that are really good, and some things that are useless. If you find that you will be motivated and actually work through the boring parts, you'll probably get your m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Ryanhd @ 01/28/15 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoHi Ryanhd. Welcome to the forums. You've come to the right place. Half an hour a day should be enough. Of course more is better but you can't practice all day of course (at least I can't). My advice is simple: get a te
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Joe, How long is a piece of string? External speakers can be of any size, wattage, efficiency and frequency response. They can be mounted at any distance to the keyboard and at any desired separation. My setup has two passive JBL studio monitor C
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Jytte @ 01/28/15 02:07 PM

Hi Ryanhd, and welcome You are indeed in the right place. I'm sure a lot of people will offer advice. Which will be of help to you depends on you of course. It sound like you badly need some structure in your piano-journey. Something to guide you
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by Kai C @ 01/28/15 02:06 PM

I would like a stand-alone keyboard that doesn't require a laptop. I need no bells and whistles. Just a simple piano sound would be fine. This is for practice only when I am traveling. The M-Audio 49 I currently have has two drawbacks: all the s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried IRockU? by Fatih @ 01/28/15 02:04 PM

Guysss?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tension... by Justin_B @ 01/28/15 01:54 PM

Actually, my pinky does like to stick up, especially in my right hand (I'm right handed). I've been doing, every day, some exercises where, from the five finger position, I hold down one finger while playing each of the others, and then doing the s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by wimpiano @ 01/28/15 01:49 PM

Hi Ryanhd. Welcome to the forums. You've come to the right place. Half an hour a day should be enough. Of course more is better but you can't practice all day of course (at least I can't). My advice is simple: get a teacher. He or she knows what yo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I gotta agree with Ed(s), you can go through the motions of regulating an old vertigris-ridden action, but you won't get great results. I wager it won't perform that much differently than it does now, and you'll be kicking yourself for spending the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Ryanhd @ 01/28/15 01:45 PM

Hello. So I'll get right to the point of this thread. I'm currently on the brink of quitting piano. I started about 7 or so months ago and have been progressing very slowly. This is entirley my fault because I often only play maybe for half an hour e
I have posted pics in the gallery, not sure if I am linking it correctly. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2379173
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Brahms88 @ 01/28/15 01:40 PM

About the PHA4-Standard, as opposed to the PHA4-Premium (HP504) / PHA4 Concert (HP506 and HP508); according to Jay Roland: Quote:PHA-4 Standard replaced Ivory Feel G as the action of choice for instruments with smaller cabinets and portability bein
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
my 1928 Steinway model L, action pics
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
YouTube "Settings" allow half speed (.5) listening now. Do listen to a Wynton Kelly solo at half speed and notice his style of accenting and his swing ratios. You will notice it coincides with the observations that those 2 scientific studie
One would like to think that the speaker system on a high-quality cabinet style DP would give a better sound that some user styled organization of speakers. Having said that ... it may not be true. Some will suggest you can do better with quality
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Grand Piano action from 1894 by BDB @ 01/28/15 01:36 PM

The wippens just click into the rocker arms. They work like the snap-on elbows for spinet. I forget whether there is a screw that you need to loosen to get them out and tighten to get them in, but that should be evident. It is not difficult, just tim
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $15,000 budget for upright--suggestions? by pianoloverus @ 01/28/15 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: bleakIf any of your children become serious about the piano, you will want to get a grand piano then, so if you have the space to accommodate a larger piano it would be a good idea to go that route, since you do have the budget
Adult Beginners Forum
JimF and barbaram - I think the "losing touch with the score" phenomenon is common for us beginning/intermediates. Our hands know what to do, so our brains go on auto-pilot. I found out the hard way what the down side of this is. We somet
If all you need is better soft tones and more even tone overall, regulation and voicing should keep you going for several years. At some point, you may want more work, but that may be 10-15 years away.
Jump to new posts External monitors vs good built-in cabinet speakers? by JoeThePro @ 01/28/15 01:29 PM

Im considering a DP purchase in the near future, but Im torn between going for an upright style piano like the CA95 or HP508, or something more lean like the Nord Piano2 or something similar. With the stage piano style housing I would need external
Thank you Ed(s), and BDB, for your input. I think I understand that my action parts are beyond their 'best before' date, but by all accounts several professional pianists who have played my piano have loved its touch and sound, very reminiscent of,
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by alfredo capurso @ 01/28/15 01:03 PM

Hi, Normally I check that unisons stay put all along the way, while I am tuning. And I need to check that the bridge-soundboard is behaving properly, according to my anticipations/calculation. My conjecture is that our routine has been and is chan
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
The ones most mystified by "swing" are those who (1) know nothing of drumming and (2) can't dance. Like a lot of guitarists and pianists.
Jump to new posts Re: We Need Someone to Build this keyboard PLEASE! by Composer135 @ 01/28/15 01:00 PM

This is far better than aftertouch; it's multi axis control. It allows for infinitely more control than just aftertouch... If I had a separate GOOD midi keyboard apart from my main piano, I would consider installing this. I could play vibrato a-la-On
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by SwissMS @ 01/28/15 01:00 PM

I usually do videos, so that I can watch and correct technic issues that I see. In fact a regularly video something once a week or so. Sometimes it is painful to watch, but I always learn from it. I managed to get a pretty good recording of my pi
Page 60 of 117 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 116 117 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai - Keyboard Metronomes... the good the bad and the ugly
by OneWatt
01/31/15 07:34 PM
New Schimmel with problems
by Karri
01/31/15 07:29 PM
Just a Tuner?
by UnrightTooner
01/31/15 07:10 PM
Steingraeber 138 or 130
by mycnyc
01/31/15 05:44 PM
Seeking a good piano technician in Melbourne, FL area
by mycnyc
01/31/15 05:38 PM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161099 Topics
2366550 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission