Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by BDB @ 07/19/14 11:11 AM

I have tuned those indoors and outdoors, with and without amplification. They make life interesting. The last one was a rare CP60, and the road manager said it had never sounded better.
Pianist Corner
The "combination of movements" must go hand in hand with a sound appropriate for the piece on which it is applied, no matter the tempo. Let's say he take op.10, no.1 up to a fast tempo. So what? What then? That says nothing about how it
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by Abby Pianoman @ 07/19/14 10:54 AM

Kawai have made beautiful instruments in both the MP7 and MP11, with unrivaled action on the MP11. One would have to pay huge bucks to get this kind of action from any other manufacturer. But somebody somewhere up there forgot that music is the produ
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by Gadzar @ 07/19/14 10:51 AM

I've tuned one of these electrical pianos in my whole career as a piano tuner. Bitter experience. Tuning the bass by ear was difficult, I couldn't find a suitable tuning. Using my ETD? Impossible, it can not identify the pitch, it gets lost. I trie
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for inexpensive controller by TheodorN @ 07/19/14 10:44 AM

You can download presets from the Casio forums, need to register as a user first, though. Some of them are good, in my opinion. You might want to get the Data Editor, downloadable at the Casio website, for a better overview of the controls and parame
Jump to new posts Re: Sound modules and MIDI controllers by sixfootpianist @ 07/19/14 10:35 AM

Thank you. I'm tempted to buy an RD800 – that would probably meet my needs without needing a separate sound module, at least for now!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a house – Room big enough for large grand piano? by Minnesota Marty @ 07/19/14 10:35 AM

I think the room and piano look great! Enjoy - Enjoy - Enjoy !!! It will be interesting to find out if the shelving evolves from holding books to musical scores.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Playing my piano after being away all week... by ClsscLib @ 07/19/14 10:34 AM

... this must be what it feels like for meth addicts to score after going without for days. Better for my ivories, though. I blame Keith and Shaun. They made me an addict.
Piano Forum
Save your mirth. A wall full of random sized books is a better diffusor than a flat wall. I know Ethan Weiner says they don't work but he gets his supper from selling traps and diffusors. The first person to suggest it to me 20 years ago was an a
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by Olek @ 07/19/14 10:24 AM

Yes I recall the ETD where totally lost. may be they give those cts table to use or be inserted in their ETD PT100 or others memory I dont know what those ETD are listening to in the basses, so that table of frequencies may well be useless for tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Kawai KG-1D..... by Rickster @ 07/19/14 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenI seriously doubt that it would need that much work. Likely a lube and regulation would suffice. I agree, Steve. I have an older Howard/Kawai 550 (5'10") from 1969 and the action is superb to me. Not too heavy an
Hello Max, Yes I have to admit that 18:00 in theory should be the best position when tuning grands, but in practice it tends to be impractical ( unless perhaps one is using one of the C type levers ). The main issue I associate with lever position
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for inexpensive controller by EnGee @ 07/19/14 10:00 AM

Well, I didn't expect to buy a Privia but I found a used one (PX-5S) at less than the half price (and about $250 less than a new PX 150). So, I took the risk and bought it without even seeing it! To tell you the truth, I would be very disappointed i
Jump to new posts Re: Old Chickering with Verdigris Advice Needed by Ed Foote @ 07/19/14 09:54 AM

Greetings, It is natural for an upright piano to come to the end of its service life. As techs we see it all the time. However, the musical public thinks these instruments are eternal. This may be the case for a violin or trumpet, but not for a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lorin Maazel (1930-2014) by bennevis @ 07/19/14 09:48 AM

I've just put on his CDs of Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet, and Stravinsky's Le sacre du printemps, with the Cleveland Orchestra. I haven't listened to them for a while, and am quite amazed at his control of every nuance even at high speed, and the o
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ 07/19/14 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: slowtravelerThe LEDs don't actually pulse like that. That effect in the video is caused by interaction between the camera's shutter and the LEDs themselves, which appear constantly illuminated but actually turn on and off many t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weightlifting and piano by bennevis @ 07/19/14 09:39 AM

Thanks to the two decades I spent in the gym weightlifting, I'm able to lift my piano single-handedly, with one hand (and the other tied behind my back). OK, it only weighs 84 pounds........ (it's a digital).
Piano Forum
Yamaha is even brighter (thought their latest pianos seem a little less bright If I am not mistaken?).
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by bgiles @ 07/19/14 09:19 AM

You learn something new every day
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lorin Maazel (1930-2014) by Morodiene @ 07/19/14 09:19 AM

I have always loved his recording of Shostakovich's 5th symphony with Cleveland Orchestra. It was the first time I heard the work. I later heard Bernstein's and Rostropovich's versions which I never liked as much. His contributions will be missed.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: faulty_Damper If you get the combination of movements right, you can get the speed immediately. However, if you don't get the combination of movements right, you can hit the speed wall trying to make
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Kawai KG-1D..... by Steve Cohen @ 07/19/14 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: joe80Kawai from that time we're notorious for having a heavy action. It would probably need rebushed, recentred, refelted - plus a full reweighting and regulation, you could be talking four thousand before it feels right IF it w
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by Johnkie @ 07/19/14 09:07 AM

Not sure how these factory tolerances make any sense when in my experience, all these CP70s have so much falseness in just abiut every individual bass string. - I would imagine even the very best ETD couldn't get a lock onto any single bass string t
Piano Forum
Schimmel has a better reputation than weinbach, but it sounds like you don't like the piano. I would choose Yamaha over both schimmel and weinbach, but that's me. What are you looking for in a piano?
Jump to new posts Re: Pitch Raise - 1900 Ivers Pond Upright by Ed A. Hall @ 07/19/14 09:03 AM

As far as string breakage is concerned, it won't make any difference whether you bring it up all the way or bring it up slowly in however many steps you like. Since one string already broke before reaching its intended pitch, it's highly likely man
Page 60 of 108 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 107 108 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
152 registered (Akpianoman, Al LaPorte, Alex1, accordeur, 34 invisible), 1860 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75483 Members
42 Forums
156069 Topics
2291821 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music
by bennevis
Today at 05:05 PM
Hard Starting Intermediate
by frankeric
Today at 04:48 PM
And what about this one?
by leel
Today at 04:23 PM
No music rest for Roland stage pianos?
by Delphian2001
Today at 04:20 PM
Where is the new blood?
by Markarian
Today at 03:53 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission