Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
94 registered (AB Forum Recital, AZ_Astro, 28 invisible), 1514 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by Beemer @ 04/26/16 11:15 AM

I too have a Zoom H4n it is a great product. Some say that it has noisy pre-amps but I have not found that problem. I had a bad solder joint where one of the stereo mics was attached to its PCB. It caused very bad distortion. After dismantling and
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by sirwormsalot @ 04/26/16 11:14 AM

More pictures of the ads in forum posts, please. Most of these ads (if not all) are 404'd. Kind of like trying to laugh at an insider joke you don't - and never will - understand.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by Cassia @ 04/26/16 11:13 AM

I love these threads! There have been some real gems on my local Craigslist. One was for a very beat up old upright that the seller would probably need to pay to have taken to the dump. He was asking $6700 for it. Then there's this one, which has b
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by ilmagodiloz @ 04/26/16 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By rychubilOriginally Posted By ilmagodilozThank you very much guys, you've been very very helpful! For which one you decided? PX160 or FP30? Today I plug Pianoteq to FP30 and it works fine I would go on the FP-30. Everythin
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 review + nekkid pics by CyberGene @ 04/26/16 11:07 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe only the Kawai wooden actions (RM3, GF) have hammers that are not attached to the keys, so you can throw the hammer by partially pressing the key. All plastic actions suffer from the aforementioned issue...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Composing semi-difficult works. Why bother? by Steve Chandler @ 04/26/16 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By Doritos Flavouredsorry for replying late to err is human and even these errors are not so when entering the canon. Flaws are also a hallmark of the artist. ps: the original scene was better precis
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block or wrest plank? by Beemer @ 04/26/16 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerBill, Thanks for replying and more so by expanding my question. Very interesting about the hammer. I saw an ebay piano item called a hermaphrodite tuning lever. It was from China and had the hammer head on one side and
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by rychubil @ 04/26/16 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By ilmagodilozThank you very much guys, you've been very very helpful! For which one you decided? PX160 or FP30? Today I plug Pianoteq to FP30 and it works fine
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decisions, decisions by Cassia @ 04/26/16 10:56 AM

Thank you all for your congratulations! Narj - it sounds like that is the general experience with the CX series. I would be interested to hear what else is on your short list.
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by ilmagodiloz @ 04/26/16 10:55 AM

Thank you very much guys, you've been very very helpful!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By jjoRubberFingers: I think the progression actually is: Tonic minor chord Tonic minor with major 7th Tonic minor 7th Tonic minor 6th I haven't yet Sat down to see where I went wrong. But I found this interesting reference:htt
Adult Beginners Forum
I've seen some reference here to a rendition of Danny Boy. Weirdly, my edition of Alfred's Level 2 doesn't seem to have it. Would anyone be able to possibly scan me a copy? After jumping ahead to do Loch Lomond (I just really liked the tune), I sud
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 review + nekkid pics by Jay Roland @ 04/26/16 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By ivorytuxA few thoughts on the Roland FP-30, now that I've had some time to really get to know it. pros * as a piano purist, I can appreciate that it has several really good piano tones, and not much else. * it does MIDI over US
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts GRIEG: Elegy (Lyric Piece) by Hal Freedman @ 04/26/16 10:48 AM

https://youtu.be/sPl-m_SwkPQ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by chopinoholic @ 04/26/16 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserOriginally Posted By chopinoholicI bought a new zoom h4n recorder with a condenser stereo mic and a mic stand! I will experiment with it this evening and see how it sounds. I wil also start a thread with
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin - Etude in C# minor Opus 2 No. 1 by Tim Adrianson @ 04/26/16 10:42 AM

Hi, Carey! For me, a refreshing, clear-eyed presentation of early Scriabin. It is remarkable how sophisticated an ear Scriabin had even at age 15, and in 1887 -- it very clearly forecasts how significant Scriabin would become in late-Romantic pian
I note that expensive pianos with high gloss are factory polished using a very large and fast rotating rotary buff. What method would you use to remove extremely fine hairline scratches (cannot feel with nail) thereafter? Is it safe to use the Megu
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by pold @ 04/26/16 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By johnlewisgrantDevil's advocate comment: "If some guy prefers his second hand $200 Casio to a Steinway grand, or a $200,000 simulated Steinway grand, so be it. There's no right or wrong in this business. It's all a matter
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by pold @ 04/26/16 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By poldActually speakers are designed to sound more similar to a tuba than anything else. In fact during blind tests with the first Edison phonographs (big horn and no electricity), the real trombone was al
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by sirwormsalot @ 04/26/16 10:25 AM

The only digital piano library worth getting is the one with string resonance, as has already been mentioned ITT. Otherwise, why bother? Designers need to pay attention to quality if they are attempting to sell a realistic piano sound. There's no exc
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by pold @ 04/26/16 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneWhy is it "laugh out loud" material? I find reasoning behind what he describes. Speakers project sound in a specific way and while they will recreate faithfully all frequencies of the original record, they won'
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Terry MichaelINBoston, you say you were away from the piano for an extended period of time but kept up on sight reading. I'm curious how you were doing that. I am really trying to improve my site reading but only have maybe 1-2 h
Here's actually a full paper from Diana Deutsch The Enigma of Absolute Pitch - Acoustics Today 2006 Lots of interesting information in it, whether you "believe" in the concept or not. Paul.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ 04/26/16 10:10 AM

Agree Medden. IMO he's acting like a real "Maesto". I think it's the end of "a Pianist with an ensemble" era.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Craigslist Ad real? Shigeru Kawai by HansC2 @ 04/26/16 10:07 AM

Great! Can I join your committee? I only charge $100,- 😎
Page 60 of 89 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 88 89 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Cliburn?
by JoelW
04/30/16 09:49 PM
Jazz at the White House
by pianoloverus
04/30/16 08:33 PM
Rachmaninoff Prelude Op. 23 No. 5 interpretation & technique
by Ramzi
04/30/16 08:12 PM
Zoom H1 Handy Recorder (or something like it)?
by David Farley
04/30/16 07:11 PM
New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences?
by Michiyo-Fir
04/30/16 06:54 PM
Forum Stats
83,470 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,325 Topics
2,520,143 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission