Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (angga888, AZNpiano, anamnesis, 21 invisible), 1260 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Beginner Here and No Idea Where to Start by FacingSunsets @ 12/15/14 09:42 AM

A little background. Just before I went away for college I suddenly fell in love with music. Went back to our old, busted-up family piano and eventually got a CDP-120. Sadly, it could not fit into my dorm though I am currently looking for another pla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haessler grands by joe80 @ 12/15/14 09:39 AM

In their favour they had long sustain and sang really well, but for piano practice at any level above, say, ABRSM grade 7, they were useless.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haessler grands by OneHandOnly @ 12/15/14 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: joe80 We got a Knight. Yeah there is talk of Knights being well made, etc etc, and it was a virtually unplayed 10 year old piano. It was honestly crap and so uninspiring to play on. Speaking of Knights, i took an exam a few y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to Turn Pages? by wimpiano @ 12/15/14 09:36 AM

I agree with you on the solo, though indeed not all solo. Recently I heard an interview about an ensemble having tried to play from memory (a well known ensemble) and they just could not make it work.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: toddyThe Yamaha P 105 has the same piano sound engine: Pure CF, and the same keyboard action: GHS, and similar speaker/amplifier arrangement as the DGX-650. So essentially, it's the same piano. The latter has more added voices a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT ........ read up on Virgil Smith's Natural Beat for the bass. He advocates listening to the beating of the fundamental of the lower bass note and tuning that pure. There's no published proof, that I've found,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Explain dominant 7th, please. by TwoSnowflakes @ 12/15/14 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottHi TwoSnowflakes, is this right so far? Take a piece in C major. You: The dominant 7th is G7 (G, B, D, F). Because: G is the dominant of C, and F is a 7th from G. It is F and not F# because F fits into the C majo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Explain dominant 7th, please. by Swarth @ 12/15/14 09:28 AM

I'm not sure if this will help but my understanding of the term dominant 7 is almost always used referencing the V7 chord and is part of the holy trinity in Jazz, ii-V7-I. When this concept clicked in my head it really opened so doors for my playin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the day the piano arrives by Athdara @ 12/15/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTWhat an exceptionally fine looking piano you have brought into the world. Bravo to you! I hope you resist the temptation to put light any candles you put in the sconces. Dripping hot wax is a great way to damage
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to Turn Pages? by hreichgott @ 12/15/14 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpiano Not ANY other instrument is played from memory. Only the piano. All because of the showman's trick. Mind you, it is okay to play from memory, it is just not better, not one single bit. This is not true for soloists. Mo
Adult Beginners Forum
Yeng's stuff was OK but there was only one tune I wanted. I looked further and turned up yiruma who too, was good. Then somehow, I discovered Kenny G. I've bought a book of his stuff but further suggestions are always welcome!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haessler grands by joe80 @ 12/15/14 09:20 AM

In the other half of the house.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haessler grands by OneHandOnly @ 12/15/14 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: joe80 Yes, ditch your wife and get the piano. Make sure you don't get the piano first though. LOL! But she'd take half of the house, where would i put the piano? lol.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Professional Pianists Only by prout @ 12/15/14 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave FerrisNo matter how good your piano is there are times one can feel a general burn out effect from practicing and music in general....if you've been at this long enough. I'm actually getting more fulfillment out of riding
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed – keep a digital piano or buy a piano? by PhilipInChina @ 12/15/14 09:08 AM

So you post this query on the piano forum of piano world. What answer do you expect to get? Of course you should get a real piano.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Explain dominant 7th, please. by hreichgott @ 12/15/14 09:06 AM

Hi TwoSnowflakes, is this right so far? Take a piece in C major. You: The dominant 7th is G7 (G, B, D, F). Because: G is the dominant of C, and F is a 7th from G. It is F and not F# because F fits into the C major scale. Teacher: The dominant
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is 30% relative humidity a problem? by Craig Hair @ 12/15/14 09:06 AM

I agree with the room humidfier. It is more effective to controll the air the piano is in than it is to controll the air in the piano. That said, my concern lies with the water used in the humidifiers. When I walk into a room humidified with city ta
Piano Forum
Hi Paul, The most accurate is a well-regulated avantgrand because it is a piano action. But if you don't want to face that expense, with even the lowest priced model being over £5000 here (perhaps it's more like $9000US), then I think you should hav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are you practicing? by PhilipInChina @ 12/15/14 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXMinimum hour a day, however if I try to push it out beyond two hours (two one hour sessions) my practice starts to lose its effectiveness. It's bad. Delete your account now before you get hooked.
The Yamaha P 105 has the same piano sound engine: Pure CF, and the same keyboard action: GHS, and similar speaker/amplifier arrangement as the DGX-650. So essentially, it's the same piano. The latter has more added voices and effects, and other facit
Jump to new posts Re: Depeche Mode synths by Marko in Boston @ 12/15/14 09:00 AM

This is a pretty interesting read: http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/depeche-modes-live-setup-revealed-245774
Jump to new posts Re: Depeche Mode synths by Kawai James @ 12/15/14 09:00 AM

Examples may be useful...
Adult Beginners Forum
From the comments on the page, it looks like you communicated with "Yeng's beats." Did you get what you wanted?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Staccato and pedal together by prout @ 12/15/14 08:52 AM

Third thing. What is the dynamic marking of the staccato line? The use of the staccato marking often does not mean detaché, it means no, or less emphasis than proximal notes.
Jump to new posts Depeche Mode synths by findingnemo2010 @ 12/15/14 08:52 AM

Anybody know of some modern day synths that could replicate these sounds?
Page 60 of 100 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99 100 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Merry Christmas!
by ZikO
12/19/14 03:05 AM
Urgent need of help to learn Songs
by Fominator
12/19/14 02:11 AM
Freaked out by how roughly movers handled piano, need advice
by kaustin
12/19/14 01:36 AM
Freaked out by how roughly movers handled piano, need advice
by kaustin
12/19/14 01:30 AM
is it possible for me to learn piano?
by Ekik
12/19/14 12:38 AM
Forum Stats
77349 Members
42 Forums
159971 Topics
2349267 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission