Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sustaining vs Dead On Unison by tonyster220763 @ 10/17/14 03:35 AM

and just to add some more fudge to the icecream : A whole system of music was created from out of tune unisons, and bad piano playing where unskilled pianists accidently hit the wrong keys adding much dissonance to melodies that were played in out of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do steinways survive tropical climates? by JohnSprung @ 10/17/14 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: AlmavivaIf Sauter - a company 1/3 the size of Steinway - can do it, why can't Steinway? It's not that they can't. It's that they choose not to go to the additional expense, given that the vast majority of their sales are to n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha M22 1985 by DeadPoets @ 10/17/14 03:19 AM

Thanks. And I agree based off my other research. The place is known to be a ripoff.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YUS3 vs YUS5 by Robin66 @ 10/17/14 03:18 AM

About 1000. Yes I agree they're important, but then from my research they're higher maintenance, since their porous nature means they absorb and trap dirt over a long time whereas plastic keys can always be wiped clean. I'm not sure if I'm being
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hymns (Southern Gospel) - Good Learning Resource? by JohnSprung @ 10/17/14 03:17 AM

Jermaine Griggs is the ultimate gospel guy, and internet entrepreneur: http://www.hearandplay.com/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by JohnSprung @ 10/17/14 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgott Maybe go find some Gilbert & Sullivan on imslp? Another place to try is the Lester S. Levy collection at Johns Hopkins: http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/ You can download and print scanned PDF's of 29,000 pu
Timing with treble first is often done. Tone sparkle more while basses stay clean. If rod axis bushings are worn timing can be as there. No access without pulling out the action. What can be the problem, only spinets are difficult. On most
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by Beemer @ 10/17/14 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: emeneltonOriginally Posted By: BeemerOriginally Posted By: Kawai JamesIt may be SoundCloud normalising the sound, or the 128kbit MP3 compression. James, If the files had been marked as downloadable then SoundCloud would not t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Noah gundersen by Vjeekes @ 10/17/14 03:06 AM

really nobody :s
Jump to new posts Re: Sustaining vs Dead On Unison by SMHaley @ 10/17/14 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: A443SMHaley, state your own opinions--if you have any--feel free to present facts, but do not summarise or attempt to represent me or anyone else, in any way. This is not a request. You need to allow people the courtesy of speak
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YUS3 vs YUS5 by michaelha @ 10/17/14 03:01 AM

What's the price difference? Nice keytops would be important to me.
Programs like Photoshop or IrfanView have a "bulk operation" feature, where one can select a whole lot of pictures and have the same operation done to all of them. One can, for example, re-size all of the pictures in a folder to a specific
Guys, I think that PX-350 is actually at the top of my list! Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen Main differences: 1. PX-350 has "Line In", stereo "Line Out", MIDI In / MIDI Out jacks. With the Line In, can i work as follow
Jump to new posts Re: Opps!! I Forgot to check the damper lift Rod! by Mark R. @ 10/17/14 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul678and as you move from treble to bass, the dampers lift progressively later and later, until near the bottom, the keys will let-off before the damper moves What do the keys have to do with the damper lift rod? Are you ta
The left axis of the rod is the first that wear (needing new bushing). As a result bass dampers rise first (often) . Rod may warp, too. Dismounted, cleaned, polished, lube, and change bushing cloth us generally necessary on neglected pianos of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by SwissMS @ 10/17/14 02:22 AM

I have always thought that the only editing allowed should be the dead silence at the beginning and the end. The rest I have treated like a live recital. That said, I do several takes and choose the best one. I think editing for perfection, and &q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by Arghhh @ 10/17/14 02:17 AM

Thanks for all the support and suggestions. I'll hopefully have more time soon to respond to a few more of the comments. I do already read, and have read a lot of music. Last year until I got overwhelmed with other stuff to practice, I would take
I'll add my opinion to the chorus suggesting that the Casio PX-350 probably meets your stated needs best (while remaining in your price range). It has a surprisingly good action (considering the low cost and weight of the board) and very acceptabl
Jump to new posts Re: fro Kees - if he want to analyse by Olek @ 10/17/14 02:05 AM

I like needling front only, as at the same time it fight hardness of packed hammers, but it also make more lively the back of the head I think, due to felt mass "displacement" I was said no displacement arise in reality but the term &
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Maxpiano @ 10/17/14 02:00 AM

Hey dewster, it happens to everyone's life that conditions (and interests) change and you need to give space to some new things and as a consequence drop others. I wish to thank you for the good and hard work you did so far, setting a rigorous metho
Jump to new posts Re: fro Kees - if he want to analyse by Olek @ 10/17/14 01:54 AM

Thanks all, for your time. Too bad I did not have time to record after I filed hammers and lengthen the tone (I think we could also say awake the dynamics, as after some deep needling only front (those Yamaha hammers are sometime very correctly ne
The regulation triangle : Peace, love, happiness! Sorry I mean thinking, training, working hard. PS Mark, efficiency of aftertouch on verticals is not exactly as on grands. While having a correct gap to begin with is necessary, I relate
Jump to new posts Re: "sand" blasting action parts, keys, etc by Olek @ 10/17/14 01:34 AM

My dear friend and neighbor may have some use of professional sand/soda blasting, being in renovation trade (houses indoor/outdoors) I am unsure he would agree I send backing soda everywhere in front of the shop, but I suppose that only can clean
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back Pain by Nahum @ 10/17/14 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen The answer to the Glenn Gould video is, of course, this conversation: Teacher: Your posture should change -- relax your shoulders, straighten your back. Student: But Glenn Gould plays like this! Teacher: Wh
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (Piano Cover) by Mr. Pianoman @ 10/17/14 01:33 AM

Hey piano friends :-) I made a new instrumental cover of Ed Sheeran's new single Thinking Out Loud. Have a look on my piano interpretation - hope you enjoy it!
Page 60 of 103 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 102 103 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
10/21/14 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
10/21/14 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
10/20/14 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
10/20/14 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Who's Online
71 registered (anotherscott, Allard, angga888, ando, alfredo capurso, 16 invisible), 1045 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325937 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission