Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
71 registered (bennevis, beeboss, Bellicapelli, AndyP, augustm, 15 invisible), 1463 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by huaidongxi @ 09/21/16 01:48 AM

if you don't have the $$ or the space for a grand bigger than 5'5" or so (longer than six is preferable up to over nine feet), try a few uprights 50 in. high or taller. the heavyweight big uprights have very good bottom ends.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Avantgrand series by cphollis @ 09/21/16 01:40 AM

N3 owner here for several years. Absolutely zero regrets. I think of it as a high quality acoustic piano that doesn't need to be tuned -- ever. May you have the same joy I've had.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How mush should 1980 Yamaha U3 be? by cphollis @ 09/21/16 01:37 AM

I think that's a bit much for a 1980 instrument, even if it's in mint condition. More like $2K-$2500.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1/U3 grey market pianos by cphollis @ 09/21/16 01:35 AM

I would have zero concerns for most situations. I bought a 1976 grey market Yamaha grand 20 years ago, and it's still a fine instrument in the bang-for-buck department. I've had this instrument in dry environments and humid environments. Still sol
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by cphollis @ 09/21/16 01:32 AM

Agreed. The bigger the grand piano, the longer the bass strings, the better the bass. Bring your checkbook.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By InnaGraceBenjamin - great point about trios and schedules! What else is in your top 5?? (And - what are some of your favorite trios?) Some of my favorites in no particular order (there are a lot of other great piano chamber mu
Member Recordings
Hello FNAF enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on the new catchy yet awesome song by JT Machinima on FNAF Sister Location called "Join Us For A Bite". Enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/lSfgbAu2S6Q Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be
A question I`ve been wondering about, too. Having read reviews and opinions, yours adds to the weight of the whole. Leave `em alone. Shame reslly, I liked the B2, it played nicely. But I wouldn`t be able to stand an inferior (ie, one I didn`t lik
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Salvador Dali in a State of Grace by phantomFive @ 09/21/16 12:35 AM

btw I thought your Jackson Pollock piece was excellently matched to the art, but I'll fully admit I don't understand Pollock's work lol
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Salvador Dali in a State of Grace by phantomFive @ 09/21/16 12:33 AM

Here is an example that might be considered violently sexual. When I go to a museum, if I see a painting that is heavily charged sexually, then I immediately wonder if it's Dali. This is in contrast to Picasso, who is just a lecherous old man. Dali r
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Originally Posted By MaryMMAm not able to give you an learned information as above, but from your pictures it looks like you have a lovely piano! I congratulate you on your purchase. Know exactly how easily one can become attached to buying such a pi
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts 1972 Yamaha Console by teegeculp @ 09/21/16 12:25 AM

I have a Yamaha console piano (42") that we bought through the military PX in the Philippines in July 1972. It was made in Japan not for the US Market but is not a "gray market" instrument. Not sure it's worth but saw the exact same
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by BDB @ 09/21/16 12:23 AM

Long grands.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Best Piano's with Low Bass by Ron32288 @ 09/21/16 12:22 AM

Hello. I am just wondering what are the best types of pianos with deep loud sounding low notes. I am not really looking for a piano but I just want to see which have the deep low notes.
I think we've reached the point where for practice and study a good DP is a more practical instrument than any of the popular mid-range uprights or the cheaper grands. The sound isn't quite there yet, but the latest Kawais, the high-end Rolands, and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 1972 Yamaha Console Piano by teegeculp @ 09/20/16 11:51 PM

I have a Yamaha console piano (42") that we bought through the military PX in the Philippines in July 1972. It was made in Japan not for the US Market but is not a "gray market" instrument. Not sure it's worth but saw the exact same
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Avantgrand series by OrgantoPiano @ 09/20/16 11:29 PM

I was pleasantly surprised when my wife and I traveled to Richmond so that i could try out the only AG they had on the floor, an N2. I was going to buy the N1 because of the price, but after playing the N2, my wife surprised me by saying we should ge
I have a Yamaha N2 and I love it. The action is from their acoustic grand piano and for me, it's a pleasure to play. Every day I look forward to playing and practicing. The odd days I can't I feel like I'm missing something. You should at least try o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another blip on the radar of my piano journey by Valencia @ 09/20/16 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear you are have such difficulties with your shoulder dynamobt! Your continued practice even with one hand is inspiring as is your commitment to MOYD! Wishing you good luck with the surgery and sending healing energies your way!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on free piano by rysowers @ 09/20/16 10:55 PM

Sounds like you already got your money's worth! Classic honky tonk piano sound!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: need help brain/finger twister by Valencia @ 09/20/16 10:52 PM

Thank you Heather, Morodiene, Richard, Nahum, Medden and keystring for your posts! You've already helped me significantly with your suggestions! Medden, so funny!!! That is exactly how I felt when i first posted this thread. Heather I did not kn
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on free piano by Piano Tipping @ 09/20/16 10:35 PM

Thanks for all the help. Here's an update. I picked it up Sunday. I leaned it back a bit and propped it up with a 2x4 and removed the wood strapping that was attached to the legs and sides. It became clear they did that because the legs were very wob
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By hreichgott The human organizing part of chamber music is much harder than the music part, I find... I know a string player who jokes that working with a pianist takes a call or two to set up rehearsals, a piano trio takes a do
Jump to new posts Re: Help Choosing Digital Piano or Keyboard... by Gombessa @ 09/20/16 10:09 PM

P255 over CP40? P255 has more polyphony and built in speakers, but fewer voices and other features, and pure sampling on the pianos versus some SCM modeling (probably for minor stuff like resonance, hammer stiffness, decay, etc). Same GH action and k
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich 24 Preludes by cathryn999 @ 09/20/16 10:05 PM

Done, thanks. I've ordered the Boosey & Hawkes Edition. Thanks for your help :-)
Page 60 of 67 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 66 67 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New digital piano
by dmcgeown
09/27/16 06:37 AM
Sweeping ?
by Hi there
09/27/16 04:11 AM
How wide is the string spacing on an agraffe?
by subcontra
09/27/16 03:49 AM
Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway
by James Guo
09/27/16 02:51 AM
Is it worth getting my Roland RD100 repaired?
by fra357
09/27/16 02:27 AM
Forum Stats
85,081 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,363 Topics
2,558,428 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission