Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
Starts March 13 in NY!
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
128 registered (Bambers, ARpiano, agraffe, ando, accordeur, Arthell, 22 invisible), 2297 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
hmmm ok, if UVI workstation and Ravenscroft work fine in standalone, but not in Garageband, the next thing I would do is: well, I just have a hunch that you need to load or have Garageband look at something different from what you are currently have
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by bSharp[C]yclist @ 02/23/17 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis A piano, unlike a violin, will always make a sound at the right pitch (assuming it's been tuned or is a digital) no matter how you play or hit the keys. It's just about the easiest instrument to 'play'. There's no need t
Piano Forum
I rely on research from this site including public and private messages, phone calls and personal visits to gauge the market, one that is ever changing and very different from region to region. Piano books is a great reference and wealth of knowl
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by brooster @ 02/23/17 03:22 PM

Tim is not enthralled! AZPIANONEWS - Roland FP-90 Review
Originally Posted By Frédéric LA virtual instrument (UVI) in a web browser ? This sound me weird. Perhaps you should quit this instance of UVI and start again. But this sounds me like an UVI Workstation bug and I would open a ticket from the UVI
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Keith D KermanOriginally Posted By Miguel ReyIn my search I found a dealer on the East Coast of the US selling a 212 w/ carbon fiber for 59k just a few months back. FWIW, that piano is older stock on a discontinued model
Jump to new posts Re: CLP545 vs HP603 vs CA17 by bmac.to @ 02/23/17 03:18 PM

About a year ago, I went through a similar decision as you - first piano in a long time, and also for our kids - plus confused by all the data out there. We were comparing the CN35 and the HP603 (the CA17 is not available in my market, and the CA6
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: g1 gh1 yamaha by 8 Octaves @ 02/23/17 03:17 PM

The Yamaha G1 is part of the original G Series. The G1B was made between Apr 1988 to Sep 1990. The G1E was made between Oct 1990 to Sep 1994. In Oct 1994, the G and C-Series were merged, and the G1E was renamed the C1 and made until Sep 1999, befo
Originally Posted By minstrelmanclose everything. start over. do not open UVI workstation. now, open garageband. NOW, do whatever is the normal routine to open UVI. now, do you have the normal UVI window, that will give you the ability to load Ravens
A virtual instrument (UVI) in a web browser ? This sound me weird. Perhaps you should quit this instance of UVI and start again. But this sounds me like an UVI Workstation bug and I would open a ticket from the UVI support site declaring that the U
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GL50 versus Yamaha C3X by terminaldegree @ 02/23/17 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By Classical Pianist Could somebody please tell me if there is any truth to the claim that the use of ABS carbon technology by Kawai affects the action adversely by reducing the durability and responsiveness of the action? No.
close everything. start over. do not open UVI workstation. now, open garageband. NOW, do whatever is the normal routine to open UVI. now, do you have the normal UVI window, that will give you the ability to load Ravenscroft?
I was under the impression that the UVI download was only one download that covered both the standalone workstation and the plugin. Is the plugin a separate download?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by bennevis @ 02/23/17 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By RichrfDifferent people have different skills. For me, I was never able to ski or even swim well. For me, piano is much easier to learn. Different strokes for different folks. Accomplished people in all fields seem to share common
Originally Posted By Alexander Borro When I load ravensroft inside my Daw (cubase in my setup), 1) I create a track, 2) load UVI as a (VST) plugin using that track 3) Inside UVI I load the ravenscroft soundbank I am also a little confused by yo
and I agree totally with Alexander.
I think Minstrelman is on the right track. I am confused when you say it is underneath your web browser, as a separate app ? Ultimately, It (ravens) should be loaded in via the UVI plugin inside garageband. When I load ravensroft inside my Daw
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by Greener @ 02/23/17 02:44 PM

Hello, and Happy Thursday. Continuing on with a few more videos now and then will be taking from the top ... 46 PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt For a fast agitated piece, it is not too difficult of one to listen to. Some
I use Reaper. I add UVI to FX. then I load Ravenscroft into UVI. there are settings on the Reaper track: record Audio output, assign MIDI control, and monitor output (I have to double check all).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand position by chopin_r_us @ 02/23/17 02:38 PM

...and one of the things that will injure you is the pressure on the nail joint whilst it's broken in. I suggest the OP reads http://imslp.org/wiki/Piano_Mastery_(Brower,_Harriette) . I count 10 contributors who speak against breaking in of the nai
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids and all their activities by AZNpiano @ 02/23/17 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By jdw You probably can't even imagine the ignorance of language structures that is possible for speakers of just one language (maybe partly because you're European as well as Latin-educated). Here in the US, I teach college stude
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha U3 by eswwong @ 02/23/17 02:35 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments. I finally purchased a new U3 for $8,500 including tax, bench and delivery. There is also a $200 rebate from Yamaha until the end of Feb.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by Richrf @ 02/23/17 02:27 PM

Different people have different skills. For me, I was never able to ski or even swim well. For me, piano is much easier to learn. Different strokes for different folks. Accomplished people in all fields seem to share common characteristics, e.g relax
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by bSharp[C]yclist @ 02/23/17 02:25 PM

My teacher has a lot more experience in piano than I do, and I find it much easier to ask her or the school for feedback. Sure, I can comb the internet, watch some of the 5.67 billion piano videos on YouTube and try to teach myself, but it's really e
Hi. I currently own a CN37 but it's going back for a CA67. The difference between PHI on the CN37 and HI XL on the CA67 is massive. I thought I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the two. Boy was I wrong. It's like night and day. They use the
Page 60 of 88 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 87 88 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Good analysis of Bach's Goldberg Variations?
by BWV 846
02/28/17 09:34 AM
Octave Sizes
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
02/28/17 09:26 AM
Difference
by chapi chapo
02/28/17 06:16 AM
Chopin Op.28 No 7
by SuzyUpright
02/28/17 04:54 AM
New piano, hammers bobbeling
by WildHorseMan
02/28/17 04:05 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,832 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,772 Topics
2,602,645 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission