Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Whew! Just got mine in. With 18 hours to spare.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Recommendations and opinions. by IWG. @ 04/14/14 12:44 AM

Hi, people I'm a new member of the forums and a soon to be DP owner. But I'm not sure of what DP to buy. Although i don't have any piano lessons and I'm picking piano up more of as a hobby I care a lot about the sound quality of the piano and the act
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some editions of Mozart's Pieces causes confusion by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: pv88Originally Posted By: PolyphonistI composed a piece for 10,000 pianos the other day [...] Absolutely brilliant - you must be a genius. How are you going to find 10,000 pianists to play it? They're going to play my piece t
Jump to new posts CLP-440 by JosephAC @ 04/14/14 12:35 AM

This might be the right forum for this question that I posted somewhere else. Can you connect your iPAD 2 to CLP-440? what conenctor to use?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by Karl Watson @ 04/14/14 12:32 AM

Rich: Thanks for the report. PLEASE share your remaining pictures and thoughts about the event and esp. the instrument itself. Karl Watson, Staten Island, NY
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: PolyphonistI composed a piece for 10,000 pianos the other day and it is the emotionally deepest piece ever written. Absolutely brilliant - you must be a genius. How are you going to find 10,000 pianists to play it? As for it be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts CLP-440 Connectivity by JosephAC @ 04/14/14 12:28 AM

A while ago I got myself a Yamaha CLP-440 and I am looking for connectivity information. a) How can I connect my iPad to CLP-440? Someone mentioned that I use the Camera Connection Kit Adaptor. However, the salesman wwas not whether it works. Moreo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non Harmonic Tone by ezpiano.org @ 04/14/14 12:22 AM

Just hear back from CM chair, she said the answer key is appoggiatura.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by JoelW @ 04/14/14 12:21 AM

I like these.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:18 AM

#8 - Freuet euch, ihr Christen #170 - Nun komm der Heiden Heiland
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher and Performer by chococo @ 04/14/14 12:15 AM

Isee. I should reconsider it...Thank you very much!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some editions of Mozart's Pieces causes confusion by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 12:15 AM

Darn, I didn't think of that. And what if the pianist has three hands and all three have to play the same note? That adds another 10,000 pianos. This is more complicated than I thought.
Daniel (my name ): http://debmyers.com/midi/elton/daniel.mid Nikita: http://www.bmi.co.at/elton/Elton_Midis/nikita.MID In the future when you want a MIDI file, just search for it. A great searcher is this one: http://www.musicrobot.com/ musicrobo
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: noobpianist90Originally Posted By: catersThe third is the more instruments the more emotional depth, in other words symphony no. 40 would have more emotional depth than a piano sonata he composed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some editions of Mozart's Pieces causes confusion by noobpianist90 @ 04/13/14 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: noobpianist90Quantity over quality eh?I composed a piece for 10,000 pianos the other day and it is the emotionally deepest piece ever written. How dare you say otherwise. :'D
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher expectations - or lack thereof? by Cranes @ 04/13/14 11:51 PM

Thank you everyone for all the input. It seems like I've been in a daze this year because suddenly it's time for ensemble and the recital and we're nowhere near ready and it's all my fault But the kids are willing to work hard and try their best. H
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some editions of Mozart's Pieces causes confusion by Polyphonist @ 04/13/14 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelWWhat Mozart do you know? He's heard K545 and the 40th symphony.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non Harmonic Tone by Polyphonist @ 04/13/14 11:44 PM

If the answer key says anything other than accented passing tone, the answer key is wrong.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering an August Forster 125 by Brother Methias @ 04/13/14 11:39 PM

Well, though we have a 3500 sq foot house my wife feels using 30 of it for a grand in our living room would upset her aesthetically. A dealer told me it's usually the other way around with the husband boxing out the wife. At 43 years old I figur
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some editions of Mozart's Pieces causes confusion by Polyphonist @ 04/13/14 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: noobpianist90Originally Posted By: catersThe third is the more instruments the more emotional depth, in other words symphony no. 40 would have more emotional depth than a piano sonata he composed around the same time.Quantity ov
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: In what context are dim 7th chords usually played? by Polyphonist @ 04/13/14 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: catersThe reason I am saying that is because if you want something to resolve in the sharps use augmented. What I mean by a diminished seventh being played in the subdominant is that you would normally
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some editions of Mozart's Pieces causes confusion by noobpianist90 @ 04/13/14 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: catersThe third is the more instruments the more emotional depth, in other words symphony no. 40 would have more emotional depth than a piano sonata he composed around the same time.Quantity over quality eh?
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: AJFHey Jay, Off topic: I love my Roland FP4-F Lol, trying to stitch up a deal? Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: AJFHey Jay, Off topic: I love my Roland FP4-F Lol, trying to stit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some editions of Mozart's Pieces causes confusion by Polyphonist @ 04/13/14 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: catersI would not say that those are ridiculous. And no they are not generalizations for all music just trends I have noticed when listening to Mozart. The incomprehension here is an obstacle we are not going to get around, J
Pianist Corner
What Mozart do you know?
Page 60 of 135 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 134 135 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, AmateurBob, 41 invisible), 1536 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153511 Topics
2249579 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover
by SAO
36 minutes 54 seconds ago
Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!!
by ShiroKuro
Today at 10:17 PM
Chopin Op28 No 20
by Arizona Sage
Today at 10:12 PM
Beginner adult book to read AWAY from the piano?
by What?
Today at 07:46 PM
Sharing custom patches for Ravenscroft?
by Tonio
Today at 07:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission