Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
76 registered (Bachus, augustm, Beemer, Bellicapelli, AZ_Astro, AndreyK, 22 invisible), 1548 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD64/Ivory Feel G action by Jay Roland @ 08/19/16 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By sonicblasphemy Originally Posted By Jay RolandIvory Feel G is what it is. No change in design or implementation from one instrument to the next. Jay Thanks for reply! But how do you explain the big difference between those t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I have a handbell with a crack. It is about 1/4 inch long, and so narrow I had to polish the bell and bring it into really bright light to find it. It distorts the sound so badly you can't stand to hear it; it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New B2 orB3 vs reconditioned U1 or U3 by Bellicapelli @ 08/19/16 10:54 AM

How has "reconditioned" to be understood, what works are performed?
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Bellicapelli @ 08/19/16 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By BellicapelliI suppose this is a common use, but not everybody's piece of cake. I am bugged to have to switch my piano on, for instance. Suggestion to manufacturers: Include an option to switch the pian
Thank you both very much. Will need to educate myself more about how MIDI operates.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Second opinion when buying used from a store by Blues beater @ 08/19/16 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By ArghhhIs it acceptable to bring in an independent tech to look over a used piano in a store? The techs that the stores use are obviously not the most unbiased, especially if the tech is also the owner. I feel kind of awkward doi
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Dave Ferris @ 08/19/16 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneDave, will you still choose the N2 over a silent if you are allowed to play without headphones say half of the time? "Half the time" is still a lot, imo, to be wearing phones. To me that pretty much falls und
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New B2 orB3 vs reconditioned U1 or U3 by Bortholomew @ 08/19/16 10:34 AM

I think the standard answer for you last question is that the better piano is the piano which feels and sounds the best to you. If they're the same price, I would personally go with a new B3 over a 40-year old U1, but that's my personal preference. T
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by lophiomys @ 08/19/16 10:34 AM

... or simply if you give it a good kicking! SCNR
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ 08/19/16 10:32 AM

Time to start writing about this wonderful recital! 19. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina in G major - 3 movements First of all, keep it in your repertoire, please! I think this is one of your best records, and you must be very proud to be able to play
Pianist Corner
Thanks so very much for the information, Bruce! Need to feed my Chopin addiction ...
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX-660 question by islander53 @ 08/19/16 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By drewrst...The aforementioned Piano Room / Piano Reset section does not indicate that pressing this button longer than a second erases backed up data, it only indicates this procedure turns off any changed settings ..... tells yo
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by JoeT @ 08/19/16 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By BellicapelliI suppose this is a common use, but not everybody's piece of cake. I am bugged to have to switch my piano on, for instance. Suggestion to manufacturers: Include an option to switch the piano on by pressing the pian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by cathryn999 @ 08/19/16 10:08 AM

I am wanting to give feedback to everyone but I want to really listen so it might take me a couple of days. Here's the first batch - and really, good job everyone, what a superb bunch of pieces (what a superb bunch of people!). Thanks! 01. UnderCons
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ 08/19/16 10:05 AM

I've not heard all of it yet but I'm over halfway. Well done to all who've made a submission. It's always a thrill to hear how everyone is getting on even if it's not always possible to offer comments and gratitude. I listen very carefully and rarel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Road to Kreisleriana by jeffreyjones @ 08/19/16 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By boo1234Just dive in. Playing something else is not going to "prepare" you for Kreisleriana. Until we know the OP's present level, I don't think this makes sense. Although no specific pi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The word for "practice" in your language? by PrestoConFuocco @ 08/19/16 09:53 AM

In my language (Hebrew) we say "lehitamen", which means exercising. Interestingly, there are plenty of words in hebrew that have the same "root" (words that consist of the same consonants) which can relate to practicing - artist (
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianists with high seating positions by coaster @ 08/19/16 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By IncongruousDifferent people have different bodies, so it is only natural that everyone will play in different ways at a different heights. Yep. Everyone's body and preferences are different. I often find I have to lower the b
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Bellicapelli @ 08/19/16 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LHaving tested a N1 (and top range DP), I plan to buy one N1... And will surely use it with some of my virtual pianos. Hopefully, Line-in plugs will enable me to use the N1 speakers. I suppose this is a common use,
Low-end digitals almost keep the same resale value, because models don't change very much over the years and used buyers don't have much choice, because people rarely resell their piano after 3 years already. Stuff goes on the market usually after a
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Frédéric L @ 08/19/16 09:44 AM

Having tested a N1 (and top range DP), I plan to buy one N1... And will surely use it with some of my virtual pianos. Hopefully, Line-in plugs will enable me to use the N1 speakers.
Jump to new posts Production Grand Version 2 Sneak Peak by Zippo @ 08/19/16 09:43 AM

New Features planned for Production Grand Version 2: Complete reverb section with a new impulse response library that covers churches, studios, halls, plates and more. New pedaling script that can do half-pedaling, catch pedaling and more. Sympa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by Peyton @ 08/19/16 09:43 AM

1. Underconstruction- Beautifully played Dean. 3. MarieJ- wow, I would never have guessed this as a Einaudi. Very different. Really lively and fun…. and nicely played. 5. jazztpt- Sweet and relaxing. I like the title!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100 - Release Long Ago - Still Worth Buying? by pastthelight @ 08/19/16 09:35 AM

Thanks everyone. This thread mentions it. Does sort of make sense, yes? http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2523748/Kawaii_ES100_Vs._Roland_FP-30.html "Another thing to consider is that the ES-100 is getting pretty old comp
Originally Posted By Kawai JamesThe ES100 was announced at the end of 2013, so while it may not be Kawai's latest model, it's not that old, and still an incredible popular instrument. And according to Thomann's website it still sells very well.
Page 63 of 73 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 72 73 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Flood damaged piano
by David Jenson
08/25/16 07:50 AM
Help Regarding a Yamaha P-105
by Muli
08/25/16 07:01 AM
inexpensive tuning apps
by stevenpn
08/25/16 04:14 AM
Public Domain Teaching Methods
by stevenpn
08/25/16 03:44 AM
The scale of difference
by peterws
08/25/16 03:41 AM
Forum Stats
84,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,733 Topics
2,550,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission