Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
66 registered (augustm, beet31425, AprilE, 15 invisible), 1451 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ 09/20/16 03:00 PM

... 31. Springtime (BrianDX) (OC) 32. In The Garden (Gurlitt) (OF) 33. Soldier's March (Schumann) (OF) 34. The Happy Farmer (Schumann) (OF) 35. Old French Song (Tchaikovsky) (OF) 36. Ecossaise (Beethoven) (OF) 37. Bourree (Graupner) (OF) 38. Sonatina
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich 24 Preludes by beet31425 @ 09/20/16 02:45 PM

In the 90's I bought a wonderful edition of op.87 from MCA Music (Hal Leonard), edited by Julien Musafia. A couple years ago I looked around for other editions, because mine's front pages had come off. All I could find was the Sikorski, the pages lo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Salvador Dali in a State of Grace by MysticalBeast369 @ 09/20/16 02:37 PM

Excellent stuff. I really find the harmonies interesting. Is this piece written or improvised?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Improvisations mixing classical and jazz "stylings" by Lethal Mullet @ 09/20/16 02:33 PM

No problem. Thanks for Your input... if you have any suggestions that will help me improve my improvisational abilities, I welcome your advice. Take care.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you connect the pedals to the Kawai Es100? by Cutestpuppie @ 09/20/16 02:31 PM

Oh crap I didn't even read the manual so the plug is under the piano thanks lol
Adult Beginners Forum
Here's the manual: http://www.kawai.it/file/1269/download?token=736ipwhI
Pianist Corner
Thanks bud. I used a korg sv-1 and recorded it through logic pro (mastered it the best I could). @Eric399 I'm not looking to belittle anything. Interpreting the works of other composers is a wonderful challenge and is "speaking" music in
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help Choosing Digital Piano or Keyboard... by Baronkatz @ 09/20/16 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By JoeT Quote:NOT Made in China or outsourced to a developing country. [...] My budget is $500-$900 Simply not possible in that price bracket, sorry. The Korg Lp-380 is $900 new and Made in Japan. Like I wrote above - I'm also
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 3 Louis Jordan tunes - my rehearsal recordings by indigo_dave @ 09/20/16 02:19 PM

Rocket88, thanks for that. I think maybe I have the intro now. I may record it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How do you connect the pedals to the Kawai Es100? by Cutestpuppie @ 09/20/16 02:09 PM

I have bought the 3 pedals not the one that is inc and I have no idea where to plug this https://imgur.com/a/uQecD I really appreciate the help that's the only wires in the pedal thingy Really appreciate the help
Originally Posted By BaronkatzI am looking for a keyboard or digital piano that has the following features: 1. Full 88 Keys with Hammer Action or similar real piano style weighted keys. 2. Ability to hook up a 3 pedal array (or one that comes with t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some thoughts about the piano business by Norbert @ 09/20/16 01:57 PM

Quote:In a nutshell, you don't buy pianos based on paper specs. But they are very much worth your time having a look at. Especially when involving top grade hammers, strings, felts or entire soundboards,they are hardly ever chosen "by coincidenc
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Op. 15 No. 2, Op. 52 by Carey @ 09/20/16 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWOriginally Posted By Cheeto717Please teach me your ways oh great master of piano. It cannot be taught. That's right - it's a gift and a curse !!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help Wanted by Charles Cohen @ 09/20/16 01:48 PM

There's a real problem, here: . . . A computer keyboard doesn't care _how hard you strike the keys_. The engineers didn't include that capability -- it's a hardware limitation. Organs and harpsichords work that way; pianos do not. On a piano (or
Jump to new posts Re: my piano - strong cracking/popping noise! by Scott Hamlin @ 09/20/16 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By uciA strong cracking/popping noise is randomly produced by the piano speakers. Stop eating Rice Krispies over the piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Help Choosing Digital Piano or Keyboard... by drewr @ 09/20/16 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By Baronkatz .....I think all the models you mentioned are made in China ...... Yes. I did not intentionally recommend China gear but was focusing on models with 88 key weighted actions and 3-pedal accessories . If pressed on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing when some keys very stiff? by Charles Cohen @ 09/20/16 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90My preference would be to leave poor keyboards alone. There's no point developing special techniques for poor quality instruments. While on holidays of up to a month, no practise is far superior to playing on strange pianos
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get students' names on first phone calls? by Candywoman @ 09/20/16 01:34 PM

Keystring, thank you for the kind thoughts. Also thank you to everybody else. I'm thinking of calling her back but she had promised to call me back. New dilemma. If you're the professional you don't want to chase people down. On the other hand, you w
Jump to new posts Re: Selecting a monitors for DP playing, yet again... by Charles Cohen @ 09/20/16 01:29 PM

Here's the spectrum of my PX-350's "Finger Bass 2" (an emulation of an electric bass), playing its low E ("E1"): [img:left]https://www.dropbox.com/s/uosulhvk3i3n2z4/PX350%20Finger%20Bass%202%20E.jpg?dl=0[/img] And playing C1
Adult Beginners Forum
Sounds like a great beginning! (And with all those new sensations to be aware of, you won't have time to even think about becoming bored!)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Feedback- Chopin minute waltz by dogperson @ 09/20/16 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By Fazioli73@BruceD: that's funny i don't know how i missed those last measures and the higher octave symbol,i guess i was confused by the lack of the repeat symbol. I will try to resolve the issues you guys posted and hopefully i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back action Replacement on 1969 Steinway L by Bill McKaig,RPT @ 09/20/16 01:21 PM

Within the last two years I have installed WNG, Renner, Tokiwa, and Steinway back actions. Tokiwa is my favorite, though the adjustability of the WNG parts is nice. Tokiwa has two styles for Steinway. One for the fixed tabs and one for the current
Charles/Morodiene- The 305's wouldn't be moved, they'd just be part of the desk setup he uses when practicing by himself or with one other person. I was just curious how the 305's would sound playing an electric or acoustic bass patch, as opposed
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Avantgrand series by CyberGene @ 09/20/16 01:11 PM

I've seen a YouTube video review of NU1 where there was a sticker on the leftmost key (the lowest A) with a text saying that if you hold the key while switching the piano on, it would disable the auto power off. Not sure if it applies to N-series tho
Jump to new posts Re: Help Choosing Digital Piano or Keyboard... by Baronkatz @ 09/20/16 01:00 PM

I should also mention that I will be upgrading to either a Yamaha Baby Grand or the Yamaha N3 Avant Gard in a year or two. This is why I'm struggling to decide between buying a digital piano or a recording style keyboard. If I buy a DP for a bit less
Page 63 of 67 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Getting started on jazz piano (and a bit of self intro)
by lakers4sho
Yesterday at 10:14 PM
Black Coat for classical piano performances
by harry_kinomoto
Yesterday at 09:04 PM
I need help deciding on 20-30k budget for new grand piano
by Pianonote616
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
'Hearing' the notes on the sheet
by LarryShone
Yesterday at 07:16 PM
help needed keys
by Ron1950
Yesterday at 06:36 PM
Forum Stats
85,081 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,356 Topics
2,558,389 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission