Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
79 registered (AZNpiano, alfredo capurso, augustm, AZ_Astro, Azeyic, 17 invisible), 998 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Larry Buck @ 03/22/15 09:13 PM

Pianoloverus You speak well to the challenge. I would enjoy writing a comprehensive explanation to that very question. At some point I will, as it does come up in part every single day of doing business. How do we listen to the expectations of th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by MacMacMac @ 03/22/15 09:13 PM

pv: Take it easy. Elmer simply said "... the thread had died ..." And indeed it had. Until yesterday there had been no posts since last September. So your objection "... can plainly SEE THAT THIS THREAD IS NOT DEAD" doesn't fit.
Piano Forum
We already have a keyboard although not a high quality one. But we are definitely only interested in an acoustic piano. My girls are at the point of learning dynamics and their teacher said an acoustic piano would be very helpful although not comp
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP 5 broken key bracket ?? by Pat5067 @ 03/22/15 09:12 PM

hey lolatu, glad you got something out of this rambling...to answer your questions: yes, I replaced two chassis sections. The middle C section of the keyboard was the worst, 4 out of 12 key slots were repaired(glued back together)at one time or the o
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by MacMacMac @ 03/22/15 09:07 PM

It's not maintenance-free. And neither is any other digital.Originally Posted By Pete14It really is a maintenance-free instrument (just like any other digital piano); unless you want to change the oil and align the wheels every few months.Keys occasi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by S. Phillips @ 03/22/15 09:03 PM

The cocked hat Chickerings that I have seen have a Brown action. They were pre Civil War. 1850's. I agree with Ed that they don't have much if any resale value and they have a sweet little sound but I've always wanted one since I can do the repair
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Piano with Hand Injuries by MediocreSam @ 03/22/15 09:02 PM

With my string of bad luck, I'm surprised I'm not missing a hand lol. Seriously though, I can't believe all my hands and fingers. I've walked away unscathed many more times than I should have.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your achievements in sight reading? (Motivation) by noobpianist90 @ 03/22/15 09:01 PM

I havent heard of the John kember books before. For sight reading practice, I'm using: Progressive sight reading exercises for piano by Hannah Smith Mikrokosmos by Bela Bartok (I finished book 1, yet to start on book 2) Improve your sight-reading se
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by pv88 @ 03/22/15 08:57 PM

@James, Have deliberately used the implied (not written) language to get the poster above to see that the thread is apparently not "dead" and have already edited my post accordingly by taking out the implied words. I wanted the above post
Jump to new posts Re: Best Keyboard/Electric Piano For a College Student by Charles Cohen @ 03/22/15 08:52 PM

Quote: RD-800 is a very reasonable pick at $2500 when you're convinced a PX-350 (ES-100 or P-105) isn't going to satisfy you. . . . Best advice I can give is to also play the PX-5S and make sure you feel the RD-800 is $1500 better and don't forget yo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mislabled parts... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 03/22/15 08:51 PM

You must be very careful with them to not damage the alignment.
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by Kawai James @ 03/22/15 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By pv88@Fudd, What's your problem, fuddy-duddy? You've already replied to the OP's posts previously and you can plainly SEE that this thread is NOT DEAD as the OP has been replying to posts here, just two posts above yours: Sund
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By HakkiEinstein was a lazy student. How about working hard and becoming another Einstein? No need to fool someone about his/her limits. Humans are not born equal. Hey, now you too can be lazy and concentrate like Einstein! So n
Jump to new posts Re: Mislabled parts... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 03/22/15 08:48 PM

There are micrometers that have very wide plates on the measuring surface to limit the amount of distortion you can produce when touching cloths.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Keyboard/Electric Piano For a College Student by Kawai James @ 03/22/15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By MediocreSamI broke my wrists by crashing a bike, falling in gym class, a collapsible staircase fell on them once in my garage, and then the other three times were me getting beaten up. Goodness me, that sounds painful. I'm glad
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Self Player? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 03/22/15 08:46 PM

There are also Player piano systems from Pianodisc and LX.
Triple Autobot Transformer that converts into a motorcycle.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 03/22/15 08:42 PM

I don't think finely rebuilt Chickerings have have enough traction in the marketplace to command the top tier prices and resale ease of Steinways and Masons. So as an investment-I don't think it could work. Many Chickerings are more difficult to reb
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Karl Watson @ 03/22/15 08:42 PM

Sally: So, I'm wondering if this combines the virtues of flat-stringing with the length of cross-stringing ? When exactly were they made ? Do tell us more. Were they made with Erard-type actions or with the Brown action ? Karl Watson, Staten Island,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Piano with Hand Injuries by phantomFive @ 03/22/15 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By MediocreSamI've broken my wrists 6 times. I still play and intend on minoring in performance piano. That said, are there other pianists out there who have had multiple hand or wrist injuries? I've been fortunate in that I've only
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach little prelude BWV 924 by noobpianist90 @ 03/22/15 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottBy the way, "idem" means "the same" in Latin, so the label for ornament number 8 means "same idea as 7." The ornament is not called an idem. I see. Thanks for the clarification. Originall
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by pv88 @ 03/22/15 08:38 PM

@ElmerJFudd, You've already replied to the OP's posts previously and you can plainly SEE THAT THIS THREAD IS NOT DEAD as the OP has been replying to posts here, just two posts above yours: Sunday: 3/22/15 -- 6:22 PM
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Please help identify a piece if possible by ebonykawai @ 03/22/15 08:36 PM

Hi everyone, This piece of music is from the 1985 movie "White Nights" and is not credited. I thought it sounded very familiar. Does anyone know this piece? I suppose it's entirely possible that it was written for the movie. Thanks for a
Jump to new posts Re: Temperament felt strip thickness for Grand piano? by Dan Casdorph @ 03/22/15 08:35 PM

Your existing felts will probably be fine.
Jump to new posts Re: Mislabled parts... by Dan Casdorph @ 03/22/15 08:34 PM

I've always found their service to be most excellent. They will fix it.
Page 63 of 104 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 103 104 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
72 BPM is too fast for Bach's Goldberg Variations Aria
by pianoman9
Today at 02:30 AM
Royal conservatory certificates, are they worth the hassle?
by YadielOmar
Today at 12:43 AM
Vince Grantano
by Rich Galassini
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
A Fun Voice - "Toy Piano"
by McBuster
Yesterday at 09:23 PM
Setting an aural stretch to an ETD
by Matias Palou
Yesterday at 09:00 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,736 Topics
2,388,851 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission