Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
96 registered (AZNpiano, augustm, AndrewJCW, bananasushi, AZ_Astro, Anticlock, 24 invisible), 1001 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Here's the John Mortensen video on rotation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g-pgsSZCIY&list=PL753730BB176690A0&index=4 He came to the same conclusion independently of Taubman. I thought I was in that same toss it all and start over boa
Pianist Corner
There have been many pieces of music that made me sad but few have brought me to tears. The Rach elegie in Eb minor is one of those. Also the second movement of Beethoven's G major concerto and second movement of Chopin F minor concerto
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for book of classic film music? by JohnSprung @ 08/28/15 06:39 PM

Someone over on ABF a few month back posted a fairly advanced arrangement of Over the Rainbow, and a reference to the book it came from. I wish I'd made a note of it. One problem with movie music is that if it's written for the film, it'll usually
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiiii Everyone , Kyfran54 présentation :D by ADWyatt @ 08/28/15 06:30 PM

Francky, you show really top-rate talent for bringing the music out of the piano, which is what playing is all about. I especially like how calm your hands are, and so I think you would be a welcome student for a teacher. I'm jealous of you, as my ha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Leeds International Piano Competition 2015 by pianoloverus @ 08/28/15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiOriginally Posted By SiFiThis is all I've been able to find in the way of video and it's pretty pathetic: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/wh...tarts-1-7430404 Meh, seems that we are not missing much. Only some of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easiest Philip Wesley Piece? by Qazsedcft @ 08/28/15 06:20 PM

The whole sonata or just the first movement? If you can play the third movement you're pretty advanced. Anyway, if you like that kind of music check out Ludovico Einaudi as well.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Gael C @ 08/28/15 06:19 PM

Hello everybody, I have some questions for Jay and would like to share some comments on the new LX / HP line. First off, that's a question I already asked but I think you missed it because you were on vacation at that time. 1) Is the full midi sig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiiii Everyone , Kyfran54 présentation :D by Kyfran54 @ 08/28/15 06:18 PM

Thank you!! 😃😃😃 This is pleasant to read, I are working some known music and have composed a few others. i planned to soon create a video and worked a full song. youtube gives me extra motivation to evolve
Pianist Corner
Almost everything by Rachmaninov (he was extremely sad and homesick at all times) and then there is Rubinstein's Kamenniy-Ostrov ...
Adult Beginners Forum
Here's the John Mortensen pinky problems video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKdmVkb5Ro&index=6&list=PL753730BB176690A0
Adult Beginners Forum
... When I started to learn how to play the piano I also had problems with my right "pinky" being in the air and it distressed me a bit because I had read in all sorts of music-books that it is wrong... and then after a while I was getting
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about 25 preludes of Burgmuller by Qazsedcft @ 08/28/15 06:03 PM

I think that title refers to all of them in general. They start out easy and progressively get more difficult. Of course, "easy" is a relative term. Number 4 has scales in thirds at 152 bpm.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By rocket88The fingers are in the air because muscles are holding them up, which is a sign of tension in the hand. Proper technique training, most effective under the guidance of a good teacher, is the remedy. Most people new to th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Book with Lullabies by Kristina1 @ 08/28/15 05:57 PM

Hello and congratulations! ... There are many lullabies composed by many different classical composers... For example Brahms not only became a childminder when Clara Schumann gave concerts but he also composed many lullabies for the Schumann children
Adult Beginners Forum
The fingers are in the air because muscles are holding them up, which is a sign of tension in the hand. Proper technique training, most effective under the guidance of a good teacher, is the remedy. Many people new to the piano have that problem..
Adult Beginners Forum
I heared it's a typical problem although I myself don't find it particularly hard to relax my hands. Maybe you can post a video then someone will be able to help.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by jazzwee @ 08/28/15 05:47 PM

Veelo, I already do two streaming apps (Meerkat and Periscope). Hard to keep up and I hardly do Meerkat. And based on popularity, it appears that Periscope (owned by Twitter) is getting the mass. There's other broadcast apps like Blab etc. that I've
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by Oongawa @ 08/28/15 05:46 PM

My room is about that size. My bench is angled across a corner so that when I am seated and look up from the keyboard I see out into the room. I can't stand facing a wall. And the gracefull curve of the tail going out into the room is nice. So,
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bananasushi For this RCM prep book, I think on average, I didn't get my first correct playing until after say maybe 20-30 attempts? But I never played the same song every day. I think I spent 15-20 min on each song and didn't pla
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to the new Casio CGP-700 by Bachus @ 08/28/15 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddYou shaid it, Bachus. The PX-560 looks the real deal. Kraft and Sweetwater are taking pre-orders, looks like a street price of $1199.99 and will ship in October. It looks like the new user interface is the same acr
Pianist Corner
Schubert Sonata D959 second movement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejgxby7TcXI Brahms Intermezzo Op.118 no. 6 in E-flat minor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3jatzunJNs
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strategies for Passing Part 1 of the PTG Tuning exam by Chris Leslie @ 08/28/15 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By Mark R.Bill, Thank you for taking up my comment in your text. Mark, Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPT- According to my research, hearing differences in faster beats is easier. Average sensitivities are 12bps @ 2%, 5bps @
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Question about 25 preludes of Burgmuller by ster100 @ 08/28/15 05:04 PM

Which of this preludes are easy and which are progessieve? http://imslp.nl/imglnks/usimg/b/bd/IMSLP..._Op.100_BNE.pdf
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Changing my mind? by chasingrainbows @ 08/28/15 04:55 PM

I teach in a music store and also have a small private studio. One of my families has asked me repeatedly to teach them privately (which is allowed under my contract). At first, I agreed to start them in the summer, then I pushed it to the Fall. A
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to the new Casio CGP-700 by ElmerJFudd @ 08/28/15 04:51 PM

You shaid it, Bachus. The PX-560 looks the real deal. Kraft and Sweetwater are taking pre-orders, looks like a street price of $1199.99 and will ship in October. It looks like the new user interface is the same across the line. Hopefully it's r
Page 63 of 79 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 78 79 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Concert tuning or not
by TheTuner
09/03/15 01:19 AM
Had to Pass on some Work Today.....
by Musicdude
09/03/15 12:30 AM
Manufacturing year of a Willis & co upright piano
by TTND
09/02/15 10:14 PM
Member Recordings posts
by Arghhh
09/02/15 08:09 PM
My personal comparison of pianos in €900-€1200 range.
by bitnick
09/02/15 04:24 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,605 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,637 Topics
2,441,502 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission