Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (Albunea, accordeur, Alan Tripp, 36251, anamnesis, 32 invisible), 1711 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Sonata Op.79 by argerichfan @ 04/21/15 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By Works1 To finish up the motif, I would think the next four measures would be: 121341/3432/1312(trill)13/4. Is this the fingering in your edition? Yes, that is correct. Even if one chooses not to use the Tovey edition for perfo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by hreichgott @ 04/21/15 09:12 PM

Hi Valencia, Repeated notes can be REALLY soft and still register with the audience. My teacher has been helping me with this lately on some early Beethoven. It would definitely apply to this prelude as well. You could also scale the volume of the r
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by Ocram @ 04/21/15 09:12 PM

I'm sure it wouldn't have happened if I'd gone with the MP7, right? Yeah, the service rep seemed confident it was a simple fix. I've had to deal with Roland in the past and they were great. No doubt it will get resolved quickly and easily, especial
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Gadzar @ 04/21/15 09:09 PM

The problen I see in this approach is that there is no theoretical support to have F3G#3 = A#3D4, B3D#4 or C4E4. And once you've found the correct relation nothing guarants you the same relation at another point of the scale. It all depends on the am
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to practise to play relaxed by hreichgott @ 04/21/15 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By Silver KeysOne thing I did to work on this is rest my hands in middle C position and slowly practice playing one note at a time, paying attention to keeping the other fingers relaxed and resting on the keys. For your specific iss
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Advice on entering a concerto competition? by johnnygor @ 04/21/15 09:05 PM

There is a concerto competition that I want to enter, but I am having trouble deciding what piece to perform. I want to do the 3rd movement of Tchaikovsky's 1st because I really love it, but after watching this years performers play the 2nd movement
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by Kawai James @ 04/21/15 08:53 PM

Possibly a dirty/faulty key switch? Frustrating, buy it can happen with any keyboard instrument. I'm sure you'll have the problem fixed in no time. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences by Ocram @ 04/21/15 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By GA MP6Originally Posted By Alexander Borrowhich Octopre is it because when I look online I see no headphone connectivity on it for the one I find, so how are you connecting the headphones, and for that matter what headphone is it
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai 'Virtual Technician' iPad app now available by Kawai James @ 04/21/15 08:41 PM

Highly recommended! The Quicco Sound team are based here in Hamamatsu, they're great guys. I believe they're working on a USB version too. Cheers, James x
Originally Posted By bnolsenDid you at least try the action on the VPC1? I know hearing what you play is important but you can get some idea of how it feels compared to the GF action if you play both of them silent. Indeed, if Sabinnie is intereste
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by Ocram @ 04/21/15 08:34 PM

I'm a bit bummed because I was planning on gigging with it for the first time this weekend, but on the other hand it only seems appropriate to give my trusty old Kawai MP5 one last outing before I sell it... Once this is all resolved I might have to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got a Yamaha P-105...now what? by soundsquire @ 04/21/15 08:29 PM

The first edition of Fundamental Keys was waiting for me when I got home today. Gonna dig in...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by ClsscLib @ 04/21/15 08:27 PM

Had to lay off piano (other than 30 seconds of scales each day) both yesterday and today due to a piano-related medical problem. Hoping to be back on the bench tomorrow; we'll see.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Sonata Op.79 by Works1 @ 04/21/15 08:25 PM

Thank you, I tried the fingering you indicated and it feels very natural and clean. I agree it is better than the Henle for sure. The Alfred edition I have (Maurice Hinson) starts with the 2nd finger and it just doesn't feel right for me. To finish
Jump to new posts Ardour 4, now built for OSX and Windows by ElmerJFudd @ 04/21/15 08:23 PM

Linux users' DAW of choice (or necessity ) is coming to OSX and Windows. If you aren't already deep into one of the free or paid versions of the most popular (and plentiful) DAWs, it's worth a look. Ardour now supports Core Audio, ASIO, and can
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by petes1 @ 04/21/15 08:18 PM

Ditto -- I've had not a lick of such trouble with mine and do hope that you get this solved pronto! It is such a wonderful board, and I hate to see your enjoyment diminished by this.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Tunewerk @ 04/21/15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTThere's no sequence I have ever found that measures iH so that the tuner knows whether F3G#3 = A#3D4, B3D#4, or C4E4 or even higher. And they all require a substantial amount of refining and tweaking at the end
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Might have to switch from PC to Apple by Ralph @ 04/21/15 08:15 PM

If they have the guts to name something " IGould", then I might switch.
Piano Teachers Forum
Tell her you are providing distractions on purpose in order to help her learn to focus.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dynamobtIs there a time limit to signing up? ... Nope. And also no deadline for backing out.
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by Ocram @ 04/21/15 08:01 PM

Just got off the phone to Roland Australia - they're keen to help and are confident the local guy will sort it! Sweet!
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences by Kawai James @ 04/21/15 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By GA MP6Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By OneWattQuestion: Are you listening to the XLR>DAW recording using those same headphones? Or are you listening to this recording through studio monitors or other speake
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano bench squeaking and its a new bench. by PianoWorksATL @ 04/21/15 07:56 PM

I listened to the recording and hear the squeak. I've had many takes interrupted by squeaking benches. I can't tell if it is the mechanism or a poly squeak where the legs meet the frame. If it is a poly squeak, you may be able to eliminate it, a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Piano Teaching Legacy of Solomon Mikowsky by Opus_Maximus @ 04/21/15 07:55 PM

I'm familiar with it. Sadly, the man himself falls far short (both personally and professionally) of the ideal of teaching and knowledge in the thesis.
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by Ocram @ 04/21/15 07:54 PM

Me too! They do have a reputation for excellent customer care so I'm confident it will get resolved. There are also a couple of service agents in my area so hopefully I won't have to ship it to Sydney...
Page 63 of 96 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 95 96 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A realization
by Svenno
04/26/15 01:51 PM
At what price do digital piano's start sounding real
by TomRL
04/26/15 11:30 AM
CA 67 midi control
by mike2014
04/26/15 08:38 AM
"Golden Age"
by PhilipInChina
04/26/15 08:03 AM
Drama! 7 y.o. Student Doesn't want to do Recital this Year!
by pianoman9
04/26/15 05:20 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,049 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,551 Topics
2,399,911 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission