Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by toddy @ 07/27/14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoGabriellaa, If your hands are getting really tired very quickly, you're probably playing with a lot of unnecessary tension. Do you have a teacher? A good teacher should be able to show you how to play so that yo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by A443 @ 07/27/14 12:09 PM

Composition in university is approached differently these days, than in the past. These days, in America, it is more about bashing and thrashing around without functional knowledge, and that is indeed in an attempt not duplicating the work of others.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got my first piano! What do I do now? by spanishbuddha @ 07/27/14 12:06 PM

Ask the tech to give you advice on whether humidity needs to be controlled for your piano in your part of the world.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B Series Price Question by DancerJ @ 07/27/14 12:06 PM

Is anything wrong with, say B3? I liked the sound.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Robert Scott Those maxima you see in the total waveform do not represent anything the ear is necessary going to hear. An audible beat is a perceived variation in amplitude at a given frequency. It is not related to the peak va
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by toddy @ 07/27/14 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikisto If I ever date a girl who can sew, I may ask her to cut the dust cover to fit for me. Alas, that seems to be a lost art these days. What a delightful domestic cameo you paint here! But I'm keen to understand what
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by wimpiano @ 07/27/14 11:59 AM

PAS has a new king! You will rule alone! Congrats on a stunning piano.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by gsmonks @ 07/27/14 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: AxtremusQuote:The point being that to achieve a desired end means knowing what you're doing, and bashing and thrashing around without knowing what you're doing is pretty much what musicians have been doing since ca 1963. Just c
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by Marko in Boston @ 07/27/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: fizikisto If I ever date a girl who can sew, I may ask her to cut the dust cover to fit for me. I would love to see you put that line in your Match.com profile!
Thanks for elucidating this point. The internal conflict in the Viennese unison fights with the mode lock, I think, giving more color to the sound. The unison locks and unlocks due to the tuning. I certainly agree with the comment on American styl
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by toddy @ 07/27/14 11:53 AM

In general, though of COARSE a piano or keyboard should have a stand, whether for professional, teacher or student, concerts or practice. Nearly everyone is going to need a stand from time to time for notes, set lists, song schemes, sheet music or th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by fcar @ 07/27/14 11:51 AM

Congrats on the new addition; it looks good.
Originally Posted By: Robert ScottOriginally Posted By: prout Wetware is the answer, along with a bit of crap from the electronic to air transcription, but the waveforms themselves are as pure as the driven snow. The ab initio 6bps is a result of t
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by spanishbuddha @ 07/27/14 11:47 AM

I think peterws has a DGX and gets on fine with the GHS action. Be careful though the GHS may be lighter in a traditional hammer sense, but I think it pushes back on the fingers with a spring like feel. Maybe not so good for you after all, so try one
The knuckle and the jack have an certain alignment, at rest, that they should be in. If one simply changes the knuckle location further out on the shank--and doesn't make the adjustment necessary to the hammer rail like they are supposed to--the jack
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by fizikisto @ 07/27/14 11:44 AM

Slipperykeys, Having used the nord music rest, I'm in disagreement with you. Because i've seen that they can be extremely well made, and they are incredibly useful and convenient when they are. I think having the option of a music rest that f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by gynnis @ 07/27/14 11:44 AM

I guess it is no mistake that Mendelssohn wrote "songs without words". I really find most of his piano music looks back to Bach (the preludes and fugues) rather than to the romantic composers. So I'm a bit surprised by the description of
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by 36251 @ 07/27/14 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonOriginally Posted By: slipperykeys I still believe a separate stand is the best option for a slab. Agree! That's all I was trying to say but just got a little more passionate about in my post The whole poin
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by toddy @ 07/27/14 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: CyberGene ...having an embedded education system in a digital piano doesn't necessarily mean it is aimed towards classical musicians. Anyway, it is my personal opinion that Roland put their greatest efforts in serving jazz and p
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by ScottM @ 07/27/14 11:37 AM

Your viewpoint is not new, and it makes sense only if you haven't really studied much music history. First of all, it is not only today that "academic" has been a derogatory term. Look at the things that Bernard Shaw was writing about Cha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by gynnis @ 07/27/14 11:34 AM

If you are heading to medical school, there is a good chance that the university has a music department. You might find a good teacher that way. When I was an undergraduate, the music department had a teaching requirement for all of the graduate st
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by gsmonks @ 07/27/14 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: wouter79Originally Posted By: gsmonksIf I'm angry, it's because generations of young musicians since ca 1963 don't know anything about the underlying mechanics of music and aren't actively involved in tinkering with it By 'tink
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by fizikisto @ 07/27/14 11:30 AM

Gabriellaa, If your hands are getting really tired very quickly, you're probably playing with a lot of unnecessary tension. Do you have a teacher? A good teacher should be able to show you how to play so that you keep your hands relaxed. Als
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by Marko in Boston @ 07/27/14 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: slipperykeys I still believe a separate stand is the best option for a slab. Agree! That's all I was trying to say but just got a little more passionate about in my post
Piano Forum
Not to nit-pick but you said MAY. Regardless, my main issue is your assertion that being concerned about changing any part of the tone or harmonics makes you a purist. Perhaps we simply have a different definition of the word. No worries.
Page 63 of 115 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 114 115 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (Alexander Borro, Abby Pianoman, 36251, ando, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1884 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75596 Members
42 Forums
156303 Topics
2295572 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
P80 for 150
by LarryShone
27 minutes 56 seconds ago
Happy Birthday torquenale !!!!
by CarlosCC
Today at 08:26 AM
compositional methods
by Michael Sayers
Today at 08:03 AM
Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!!
by CarlosCC
Today at 04:49 AM
Tight Key ??
by moy71
Today at 01:15 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission