Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (36251, barbaram, Beakybird, alwatson, 26 invisible), 1527 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this an original pin plate? by Pianos & Pianos Mexico @ 06/22/16 03:43 PM

It is a 1970 serial 140000 Other than the waste from the cockroaches no wood worms o any other kind of damage so far. I was thinking on ozone treatment to get rid of the nasty smell after removing the finish of the soundboard. I guess the polyester
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Gina Bachauer Young Artists Competition by DameMyra @ 06/22/16 03:34 PM

Day 1 is currently streaming. http://www.bachauer.com/competitions/junior-young-artists/round-1-day-1.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: opinions on: Estonia, Boston, Petrof grands by Cassia @ 06/22/16 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By lmpianowolfHello everyone, I play only classical so I'm purposefully avoiding pianos that have a reputation for being very bright (e.g. Yamaha...I've been unhappy with all the Yamaha grands I've played in the past anyway). I wou
Well, the Kawai upright regulation PDF recommends to: "Check the Key Height from top of the Keyslip: 20mm ~22mm." And I read another posting that mentioned 16mm should be the absolute minimum (which is about what I measure on my upright n
Piano Teachers Forum
I had an exact same dilemma that you have. With a almost 7 yr old who is learning for almost a yr and a 2 yr (troublemaker) who likes to bang on the keys, I wanted a piano that could sustain for us at least for couple of years. I had few concerns: -
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio privia px150 MIDI recording by spanishbuddha @ 06/22/16 03:11 PM

I expect you already know, but you can record directly to the PX150 memory, then transfer the recorded midi file(s) to a PC when connected via USB.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio privia px150 MIDI recording by Frédéric L @ 06/22/16 03:04 PM

A free software: Anvil Studio. You have to pay for extensions, but recording and saving a MIDI is freely available.
I think concert pianos ARE tuned daily. As to what additional wear and tear results from that ...it may just be the price of striving for perfection, however temporary. In your case the price of perfecting, or at least improving, your skills. IMO th
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: learning piano vs singing by PianoStudent88 @ 06/22/16 02:36 PM

Are you thinking of piano and singing without lessons (for both of them), or with lessons? Can you say more about what you mean by "with piano you look up more about the instrument before you play"?
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by ColoRodney @ 06/22/16 02:26 PM

If you want speakers and built in sounds, try the Kawai ES8. If you don't need it to be portable, the furniture style pianos from Yamaha, Roland, and Kawai open a lot more possibilities.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Piano Problems by Connor Price @ 06/22/16 02:21 PM

Yeah, you are correct the keys are like you say. Its a 1970's console piano. I always did wonder about the way the keys where made. Thanks
Pianist Corner
My method for listening to music I want to get to know but that isn't appealing to me (or even is downright repellent) is to play the recording at a low level in the background without really listening to it while I am doing other things. I do this
Jump to new posts Casio privia px150 MIDI recording by Meelays @ 06/22/16 02:13 PM

I want to record my music from my digital piano into my computer as a MIDI file that I can use with Synthesia so my compositions and the notes will be saved. I have the usb cable. All I do is connect it to the computer, but are there any recommendati
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Piano Problems by Connor Price @ 06/22/16 02:12 PM

Are you mocking me?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie seeks input: 1903 Chickering upright by tomverlaine @ 06/22/16 02:09 PM

Update: The 1903 Chickering is now being offered to me for free. I am choosing between taking the Chickering and getting work done (regulation, CA glue for pinblock), or buying a 1988 Charles Walter for $975. I love the look and character of the Chi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Level Classic Repertoire by marimorimo @ 06/22/16 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By SpiroReviving a slightly old thread, but hope that's ok. :-) I've been working my way through Alfred's AIO on my own, after mucking around directionless for a couple of months before that. I just finished Brahm's Lullaby in tha
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ 06/22/16 01:24 PM

They exist, but there aren't many. I had a look and there are none near the hotel in milan, nor near your b&b in Venice. Diana probably knows more than I do for Venice Write to Roberto and see whst service they offer. At a b&b it might not
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/22/16 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By RonaldSteinwayInteresting review http://www.theaterjones.com/ntx/2016clib...uide-to-Reviews The reviewer likes to gently fuss about pedalling. Hall acoustics confound even the best, not just for piano playing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Vid @ 06/22/16 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiI'm hoping they'll pull my train wreck from Cliburn today! Sorry to let the side down guys. Quite the contrary you didn't let any of us down but gave us something to look up to. You beat a lot of people to get as far as yo
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano/Keyboard Action by ElmerJFudd @ 06/22/16 12:58 PM

The SP48 had a Fatar TP-100 action which is not really acoustic piano like. The SL 88 has the Fatar TP-40W I believe which is much better but quite light feeling. It would be ok, but you have better options for a more realistic piano like action.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Themed Recital - Discussion Thread by Peyton @ 06/22/16 12:54 PM

Jen- Great playing of Comfortably Numb. You really captured the "mood" of the piece.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Violin And Piano" by Stephen_Doonan @ 06/22/16 12:47 PM

I love the quirkiness and beauty of this piece.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by Piano World @ 06/22/16 12:47 PM

This may be an odd question,are there laundry facilities in Milano and Venice? I remember sending some things to be washed at our hotel in Germany, it would have been cheaper to buy new clothes.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Lost Isle - Piano solo by Stephen_Doonan @ 06/22/16 12:34 PM

A solo piano composition I've been working on, Lost Isle. The sound was provided by Pianoteq 5 (a modeled (not sampled) Steinway Model B grand piano). I aslo use the digital-audio recorder Ardour in Linux. Lost Isle, Stephen C. Doonan https://ste
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by Gigantoad @ 06/22/16 12:33 PM

Yeah sounds like Pianoteq D4, hear it better now with headphones.
Page 63 of 64 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Same note with two fingers!!
by SMT
06/29/16 08:04 AM
How to mute the Kawai CA67 int. sound when line-in is used
by Imbuter2000
06/29/16 07:13 AM
Identifying Triads By Ear
by earlofmar
06/29/16 06:28 AM
Books focused on practicing chords and learning harmony
by login
06/29/16 12:43 AM
2 free CC Yamaha Pianos for Kontakt
by bigcat1969
06/28/16 11:25 PM
Forum Stats
84,158 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,639 Topics
2,537,264 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission