Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (Andrei Kuznetsov, AndrewJCW, Albunea, Aussie99, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 17 invisible), 989 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven op. 7 and Brahms op. 116, from concert by Tim Adrianson @ 11/26/15 10:42 AM

Hi, Pogo! As others have mentioned, it's always a joy to listen to you. I especially appreciate your thoroughness of consideration for each work -- every aspect of line, voicing, dynamic terracing, gesture, etc, etc, seems unforced and natural, al
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By jocar37Thanks for the tip, login. Not fmiliar with Sonicouture. Any particular piano products you'd recommend? The hammersmith, a steinway d. They have two version one with two mic perspective and another with 4 mic perspecti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how much does it cost to refinish a grand these days?? by Steve Senseney @ 11/26/15 10:37 AM

French polish has a few advantages. It is not toxic. It can be repaired immediately or literally hundreds of years later if needed. It is an "art" and does requires some practice. However, I never liked to apply any spray finishes eith
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you decide what your student should play at recital? by chasingrainbows @ 11/26/15 10:37 AM

Heather, I demonstrate an advanced piece I played in 7th grade, emphasizing that hours of practice I did per day to show my students what can be accomplished with good practice regimes. I continue to ask them how much practice they were able to do t
Synthogy Promo - Buy Ivory II and they will throw in a library, http://www.ilio.com/special/synthogy
You could get a Casio Privia PX160 and just ignore the sounds, it has very good keys and you save money. Then I think the A88 is your other and only option, the other Studiologic controllers use Fatar keys which are inferior to Roland key actions.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by AZ_Astro @ 11/26/15 10:31 AM

Combined Comments re: 8. AZ_Astro – Just a Day Away by Ben Crosland Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate them. With this recital, I have now completed 10 recitals: 7 quarterly and 3 themed. Looking back, it is satisfying to see prog
Why does the HP series have the little pins to keep the score book open, but the LX doesn't? I was able to test the piano today but I didn't expect to fight with my score :-/ Sound is fine. I'm not a fan of the action compared to the competition.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: buying a computer to put near digital piano by krauster @ 11/26/15 10:22 AM

I bought the furniture style keyboard so it has vertical walls. No horizonatal surface to use. I could bolt on a bracket of some sort to have a horizontal surface for attaching the stand. https://goo.gl/photos/s277xW9HiADYg51k7 This takes card of m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Better Equal Temperament Sequence? by prout @ 11/26/15 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By bobrunyan I'm not even to the point where I am certain that my refinements are close enough. I check with Tunelab and find that I'm often more than a cent off on some notes from where Tunelab would like the notes to be. I chalk i
The other problem with the VPC1 is its weight. It's quite heavy. That's fine if you're not moving it much, but if you're planning to gig with it then moving it could be a pain (both literally and figuratively . Given your wants, I would maybe loo
Pianist Corner
I'm not much of a piano player so far, but I do own and operate a movie theatre. When doing a performance you are entertaining the public. Dress nicely, don't look like you're just off of a three day drunk, smile and look like you want to be there.
Pianist Corner
Whether you like it or not, you have to accept the fact that, if you play in public, people are looking at you and the way they hear your playing is affected by what they see. This doesn't mean that you should "put some theatrics" in your
Pianist Corner
Hi, Svenno! Your anecdote is amusingly similar to the scene in "Amadeus", where the Emperor is effusive in his praise for Mozart's Abduction of the Seraglio" --- BUT -- "There were times...how do I put this, Court Musician?&q
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Markarian...let's just hope [they're] busy Agreed! I want to see everyone posting again! PW is less rich and vibrant without each and every one of them...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: THANKSGIVING by Rickster @ 11/26/15 10:02 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well, Karl! Excerpts from a Thanksgiving poem I wrote... One more thing, if I may implore Giving thanks is not a chore But a way to honor God, Country and more Wishing you all the best! Rick
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: THANKSGIVING by Retsacnal @ 11/26/15 10:00 AM

Thanks, Karl! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and to all my friends here at PianoWorld. I love this time of year!
Jump to new posts Re: Better Equal Temperament Sequence? by Ed Sutton @ 11/26/15 09:56 AM

I think we are easily fooled by the existential emptiness of ETDs. What I mean by this is that ETDs are fully certain about what is "right," they do not doubt themselves, or search for something better. I find it easy to lapse into trying t
Piano Forum
French polish is very labor intensive. You can achieve the mirror like surface, but the shellac must be very thin. The surface preparation is very crucial. French polish is touchy. the mirror like surface will easily become lack luster. It's sensitiv
Pianist Corner
Quote:But she told me that I was lacking the visual appeal, that I didn't appear to be flowing along with the music, that I put my hands on my lap too soon after the last chord... What the [censored]? Who dictates how I look while I play the piano?
Jump to new posts Re: Any Black Friday/Holiday sales of virtual piano software? by Alexander Borro @ 11/26/15 09:44 AM

Just had in the mail. Native instruments are at it too, piano collection for half price, grandeur, maverick, gentleman for anyone interested or the pianos can be bought individually too at half price. Another one I thought worth pointing out for
Jump to new posts Re: Overtone by rXd @ 11/26/15 09:42 AM

Your opening post said that the note in question has plain steel strings therefor attempting to twist them would be interesting to watch as well as counterproductive as I'm sure your tech will tell you.
Jump to new posts Re: Overtone by Just Steven @ 11/26/15 09:34 AM

Moth eaten dampen can't stop a vibrating string. The result is not considered overtone. An overtone is sound additional to the fundamental frequency. It's can be a mix of inharmonic and sympathetic vibrations. Sitting between two pianos, a digital
Originally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By sirosQL Pianos are 50% off on bestservice.de The Galaxy Piano deal is very good. I should have waited The Vintage D is only $97.30 to download. Great deal. That does indeed sound like a good deal.
Pianist Corner
I agree with you - you should just be who you are. Of course, I haven't seen you play, either, so I am just talking in generalities. If many people start making the same sort of comment after they see you perform, you might want to think some more
Page 63 of 94 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 93 94 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Jazz concert at the festival " Liturgica" in Jerusalem.
by Nahum
12/01/15 02:12 AM
Playing the new L
by neciebugs
12/01/15 12:50 AM
Music rack extension?
by FrankCox
11/30/15 10:33 PM
Missing Something
by Sovrel
11/30/15 10:05 PM
Advice on a New Kawai GX-2
by roninpro
11/30/15 09:28 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,615 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,708 Topics
2,471,372 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission