Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
189 registered (Alexander Borro, ajames, alfredo capurso, aellison62, Almaviva, 53 invisible), 1502 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
- off the top of my head, two reasons, * no one's got the sampling quite right yet. It's close but there's always something overlooked and, even with feedback from users and beta-testers, I fear the developers run out of steam and do the minimal r
Thanks for the clarification Elmer!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Piano Teachers forum! by chasingrainbows @ 02/26/15 07:20 PM

I prefer not to have students and their parents/siblings in my home for a variety of reasons, but mainly for privacy issues. Besides working in a music store, I teach privately and go to the students' homes. I charge slightly more, however, after rea
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 Expression pedal by Kawai James @ 02/26/15 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottHowever, on some boards, you can also assign the expression pedal to control rotary speed. I don't know about the MP7. I believe the expression pedal can be used to toggle between slow/fast, although this is arguably
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ 02/26/15 07:19 PM

26 february This morning working at my technic by the Babinski books.....for one hour In the afternoon studying Fantasie in D, Fantasie in C and Variationen Dieu d'amour Mozart.....one hour Tonight......Jazz standards.........>one hour
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by MRC @ 02/26/15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By WillMedicOnly slight minus is the rather flat sound through the headphones that is significantly inferior to listening through the speakers (which is probably why I went for the piano because the speakers sound better than in oth
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 XLR versus Jack output level by Kawai James @ 02/26/15 07:13 PM

ElmerJFudd's post is right on the money!
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic level sampling for digital pianos by Johan B @ 02/26/15 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By AlmavivaOkay, Scott, I'll take you up on your offer of advice. The Roland V-Piano Grand and Yamaha AvantGrand N3 sound like what I am seeking, but those prices - Yikes! The Roland RG-3F and Yamaha AvantGrand N2 are more modestl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts . by maitai @ 02/26/15 07:08 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic level sampling for digital pianos by Kawai James @ 02/26/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By dewsterOriginally Posted By Groove OnThe SuperNATURAL technology is not just a higher-sample rate... I don't think SN necessarily has a higher sample rate. Agreed, I'm not sure why Groove On raised this topic. Originally Posted
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Pedagogy book by Elvina Pearce by chasingrainbows @ 02/26/15 07:05 PM

Mine arrived today also! Very excited to read it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who gets to play in concerts? by Louis Podesta @ 02/26/15 07:03 PM

In that I am now preparing dinner, I will put forth this initial opinion in that (whatever the Fine Arts genre) is called the "business." However well-intentioned the posts have been to date, you guys (and my knowledge is moderate at best)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Pedagogy book by Elvina Pearce by Peter K. Mose @ 02/26/15 07:02 PM

John, Amazon is remarkably fast: my book arrived today, and indeed it looks packed with helpful tips. I also note your name listed on the last page, as a "Contributor to the First Edition." I assume this means you gave some money toward the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by Voltara @ 02/26/15 07:00 PM

The purchasing committee was unable to come to an agreement on whether to get a grand or a vertical, so after much deliberation, they arrived at a compromise.
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by Kawai James @ 02/26/15 06:54 PM

WillMedic, thank you for sharing your impressions - congratulations on your new piano. As you note, the CS4 does not have too many bells and whistles, but the keyboard action and sound technology are both very good. The polished cabinet looks the pa
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Buying a piano-need some advise please! by LLYC @ 02/26/15 06:54 PM

Hi, I'm looking to buy a piano for my 8yr old. The intention is that she would eventually sit for the ABRSM examinations. I see some comments of second hand sellers that some models are good up to a certain grade so with that in mind, what is an affo
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Pedals - Steinway vs Steinert by Seeker @ 02/26/15 06:51 PM

Looking for replacement pedals for my 1929 Steinert grand. Pictured here are pedals from a 15 year old Steinway "D", pedals from my piano. Note the measurements of the Steinert pedals.
My apologies, I was covering a lot of questions. FLAC is not a lossy compression format. Only difference would be CPU requirements to play back. Edited for accuracy and clarity.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by bennevis @ 02/26/15 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By MomOfBeginnersbennevis, I'm not a teacher, but I would disagree with you. Playing by trial and error is not the same thing as playing by ear. When playing by ear, I would expect someone to get the melody and harmony close to c
Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddRavenscroft 275 when installed in full is 35gb uncompressed. The download version is 6gb because it compressed in lossless FLAC format. I personally think you'd have to A/B the two for a while without knowing which
Jump to new posts Re: Tough choice, DP by NighhhT @ 02/26/15 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsWhat connections do you want on it? Like, audio input (from computer software piano, or just an mp3 type music source; Do you want audio recording as well as midi? Other voices (you mentioned the Casio PX350) . . . Line
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano - U1 vs B3 vs.. digital? by clobbo @ 02/26/15 06:36 PM

I'd still need the other bits with a PX-5S though, right? Computer, speakers/headphones, etc. Do I need an amp or mixer? Can I use a headphone amp with powered speakers?
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ 02/26/15 06:35 PM

Technically you are right but I need to put something in the tittle to describe the green lines (that are to show what keys I am pressing, so anyone can learn it). What word to use in tittle, then? Maybe scroll? Maybe keys? If i use "guide"
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky - An American Idyll by Hakki @ 02/26/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By HakkiFor example this piece. It is going nowhere. Just circling around a small motive that came to his mind. I could make the same argument about Chopin's Prelude Opus 28/6, and it would be nonsen
Page 63 of 118 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 117 118 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Korsakov-Cziffra Flight of the Bumblebee - my recent perf.
by ecm
03/02/15 02:27 PM
NEUMEYER PIANO
by catoliveira1986
03/02/15 02:16 PM
Would like your opinion on a used Yamaha C3 I'm considering
by digitaleagle
03/02/15 02:03 PM
Is this touch weight ok for practice?
by Fang
03/02/15 01:33 PM
Obsession
by Hakki
03/02/15 01:00 PM
Forum Stats
78,372 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,998 Topics
2,378,784 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission