Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (AprilE, AZNpiano, Adypiano, AZ_Astro, 15 invisible), 1604 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I'm sorry by Scout @ 01/12/17 12:47 PM

What generous posts. Thank you for all this kindness! I appreciate it so much. I'm definitely back to reading here and loving it, and will post now and then if I have something to contribute. Isabelle, the disc rupture was scheduled for surgery afte
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by noahsarts @ 01/12/17 12:45 PM

Interesting! I didn't know that the later kabalevsky opus is actually easier than the first. Will lock into that.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading by Wayne2467 @ 01/12/17 12:44 PM

Interesting - I can invisige learning a line or two (maybe not 30 seconds) I haven't really tried memorising notes yet but maybe I should start pushing myself a bit in this area
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tom Brier Accident (August 2016) by wouter79 @ 01/12/17 12:43 PM

I saw this analysis http://www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/assets/images/2002/Aug-26-2002/SUV-report.pdf that shows pickup trucks are by far the most dangerous for other drivers....About twice as dangerous for others than SUVs and sport cars
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP12 by Alexander Borro @ 01/12/17 12:41 PM

Bring on the MP12 then hopefully there will be reasonably priced bargains to be had in future on the older MP11 and some second hand ones too. I never tried one, but provided I could try it, seeing I liked the GF2 key bed, I would consider somet
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber 138 by JoBert @ 01/12/17 12:41 PM

You seem to have a mistake in the image url (it's missing the .jpg part at the end). Here it is: Very nice!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to read music by keystring @ 01/12/17 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenThere's a problem, here: . . . Most people's "sight-reading level" is several grades below their "playing level"...... Charles, my impression is that you are fairly advanced and maybe have had f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tom Brier Accident (August 2016) by wouter79 @ 01/12/17 12:39 PM

Glad to hear he is on his way to recovery, thanks for the updates!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Amazing new concert hall in Hamburg by JoelW @ 01/12/17 12:37 PM

Looks uber choice.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach's Mindset by WhoDwaldi @ 01/12/17 12:32 PM

Well, there were all the baby Bachs, the also-composer sons, who would comprise a school (albeit in a later style)? Ah, yes, I see Carey's edit. 😀
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by mom3gram @ 01/12/17 12:31 PM

I enjoyed both of your pieces very much, SwissMS.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by NorwichTim @ 01/12/17 12:30 PM

Hi Mario: Happy New Year! I practice 30-45 minutes per day Monday - Saturday. I mostly practice in the early morning before work. Rarely at other times. Practice involves Technique/Lesson (Faber), two new pieces I am learning, two developing pieces
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Stellaria @ 01/12/17 12:27 PM

1. Auld Lang Syne - Robert Burns (Traditional Scottish Air) 2. Can Can - Offenbach (Alfreds AIO Book 1) 3. Why Am I blue? (Alfreds AIO Book 1)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who is or has used a piano method for adults? by Tone Deaf @ 01/12/17 12:26 PM

Bright star, I do have a teacher and I did begin as an adult, so I filled out your questionnaire. But when I tried to send it I found myself at a Dutch website. Since I do not speak Dutch I can not send it. Is there some way the site can be accessab
Adult Beginners Forum
I passed myself on "House of the Rising Sun" and "Sakura", and have started "Waves of the Danube". And I encountered a couple of rolled chords, which I never really got the hang of the few times that they were introduce
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by SwissMS @ 01/12/17 12:23 PM

Here is my second. This comes from Celebration Series Etudes Grade 6. My list now is: 1. Stephen Chatman - Kathryn. (CS-7) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H685_20HCU 2. Czerny - Study in Ab OP. 139 #51 (CS6E) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3HUl3S
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP12 by propianist @ 01/12/17 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By Sedat Karahan Hello, Could anyone tell me when the Kawai MP12 is likely to be released? Thank you! Yeah, they'll release MP12 about 4 years before the MP13 is due. Does that answer your question?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach's Mindset by Carey @ 01/12/17 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveI found this nice quote about Bach's mindset, thought some other people might be interested in it: Originally Posted By Johann ForkelThe troublesome path of self-instruction, from which the apprentice strays a thousan
Jump to new posts Re: PHA-50 key action issue.. am I being fussy? by Markarian @ 01/12/17 12:17 PM

Roland once made a house call to replace the action sensors on my old RD-700 stage piano. It was out of warranty but the fee was pretty reasonable and the guy did all the work on my kitchen table.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BB or Estonia 210 by SonatainfSharp @ 01/12/17 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By Carey Assuming your friend's piano was indeed one of the new Kimballs referenced above, she apparently got a smoking deal !! No, she probably bought it over 10 years ago now. And I still have a recent quote from her in a Faceboo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to read music by Charles Cohen @ 01/12/17 12:10 PM

There's a problem, here: . . . Most people's "sight-reading level" is several grades below their "playing level". So, until you can play pieces at grade 3 level, you won't be able to sight-read grade 1 pieces.<g> This is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading by zrtf90 @ 01/12/17 12:08 PM

The term sight-reading implies 'a prima vista', at first sight. You're given 30 seconds for an exam piece but that's only a line or two in the early grades. Even at Grade 8 it's less than a full page.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Tropicalized" Hamburg Steinway model O by Retsacnal @ 01/12/17 12:06 PM

Interesting. I always wondered what tropicalizing entailed. Thanks for sharing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Tropicalized" Hamburg Steinway model O by Retsacnal @ 01/12/17 12:05 PM

I believe that heat and humidity can break down the glue over time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a piano student is not anymore a beginner? by Charles Cohen @ 01/12/17 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By MuoveLooking at the timeframe you gave us you are a beginner, looking at the pieces, that's definitely intermediate repertoire. . . . What's really important is: "Am I enjoying myself?", "Am I making music?"
Page 63 of 98 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 97 98 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
(Modern) Kohler & Cambell Pianos vs. Chinese-Built Yamaha
by RealFamilyMan
01/17/17 01:47 AM
Only hope - Romantic piano piece - Solo piano version
by stylerhun
01/17/17 01:40 AM
An Interesting Buzz
by rysowers
01/16/17 09:10 PM
Anyone looking for an Arranger Keyboard - PSR7000
by Doug M.
01/16/17 06:38 PM
Baldwin digital piano DG100A keyboard repair
by ChasD
01/16/17 06:05 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,259 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,800 Topics
2,589,094 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission