Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
98 registered (AZNpiano, Anticlock, ADS63, ajames, albumblatter, 21 invisible), 1404 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by PtJaa @ 01/22/15 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: MossySF Somehow, I doubt iGrand is what people have in mind when they complain about how far behind DPs are compared to software pianos. Looking at the specs, iGrand has a sample size of 256MB -- how much much different is that
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Just Alan @ 01/22/15 08:19 AM

Hi Sean, apparently my MP7 might arrive at Zenith by the end of next week 29 or 30 Jan 2015...fingers crossed. Have you seen that KAWAI have released v1.10 today? I've already downloaded it in advance and will do the update from v1.05 to v1.10 befo
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by toddy @ 01/22/15 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: CyberGeneCPU speed doesn't count that much (if at all) for sample streaming. It is almost the same if you stream (and loop) a 512MB sample or 1TB. Yes, but why? If a CPU is capable of running a billion cycles a second, and pr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia piano quality question by RaggedKeyPresser @ 01/22/15 08:18 AM

Well spoken, Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fazioli music desk by joe80 @ 01/22/15 08:12 AM

cheap at the price.....
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha upright prices by Kingfish_g6 @ 01/22/15 08:12 AM

Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by CyberGene @ 01/22/15 08:11 AM

CPU speed doesn't count that much (if at all) for sample streaming. It is almost the same if you stream (and loop) a 512MB sample or 1TB.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by Just Alan @ 01/22/15 08:10 AM

Awesome news James! I had suspected that the update would be announced just in time for NAMM 2015. I've found out that the shipment of MP7s that I am awaiting at my local store, is hopefully due to arrive in port by maybe Thursday next week, and th
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by lophiomys @ 01/22/15 08:01 AM

A stable release is preferable, if there is some waiting necessary for less hassles, that is OK for me.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 01/22/15 07:58 AM

No problem. We hoped to have it online for Christmas, but unfortunately the release was postponed. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Just Alan @ 01/22/15 07:55 AM

As of 22 January 2015, KAWAI has now released v1.10 software updates for both the MP7 and MP11. A big thanks to Kawai, and also to James of Kawai for posting the news on this site.
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by MossySF @ 01/22/15 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By: PtJaa Just check the iGrand App on iPads. iGrand is compatible with iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad and iPad mini. iPad2, for example, has hardware specs: 1GHz/2core/Apple A5 with 512MB memory.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The $12.50 piano by David Jenson @ 01/22/15 07:52 AM

In my area, Central and Southern Maine, I think we are in a buyers' market phase. I'm seeing more and more of these bargain pianos that really are bargains, and people who are trying to sell nice pianos are not finding buyers unless they drop their a
Jump to new posts Re: The $12.50 piano by UnrightTooner @ 01/22/15 07:51 AM

I tuned a clunker the other day a very nice family got for free. I had to leave it a semitone flat. They wondered if it was worth anything. I answered that it is worth $$$ now. (The price for tuning.) I wish I hadn't said that.
Jump to new posts Re: I think I reached the pinnacle of 'Upright Mountain'... by Burnside Piano @ 01/22/15 07:46 AM

The one I encountered had extremely tight tuning pins, more like a new Baldwin grand. And it had the Stealth Action, which means that all the wooden action parts were painted black, making it quite a challenge to distinguish between them in less-tha
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by PtJaa @ 01/22/15 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By: MossySFThere's a few assertions here that run-of-the-mill ARM 1Ghz CPUs can handle today's top software pianos. Just check the iGrand App on iPads. iGrand is compatible with iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation,
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by TonyB @ 01/22/15 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By: dewsterOriginally Posted By: TonyBWe are just people who are having a lot of fun playing our keyboards at all price points. Says the man who owns a $16,900 V-Grand. It's easy to play a freakishly steroidal example of a modeled
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why the excessive embellishment?? by Jytte @ 01/22/15 07:25 AM

That's what I thought
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha P115 / P45 models by fizikisto @ 01/22/15 07:21 AM

jtsn I would assume that they charge that because they think that people will buy it. I assume they're relying more on their brand name than their specs. They're probably right. Most people don't pour over specs the way that we do. They aren'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why the excessive embellishment?? by Silver Keys @ 01/22/15 07:20 AM

Think about how bored a house pianist must get playing the same repertoire over and over again. Especially so if he is playing it straight. So the pianist entertains himself by adding embellishments. Next thing you know he's playing a game of one-u
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by toddy @ 01/22/15 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By: MossySFThere's a few assertions here that run-of-the-mill ARM 1Ghz CPUs can handle today's top software pianos. Since I don't have any of these products (don't run Windows), I can't estimate the accuracy of these statements. B
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PW takes foreeeeeever now by Jytte @ 01/22/15 07:09 AM

UKIkarus... I did a test as you suggested. Nothing taking a long time to load. But, like I said, no problems now. If it happens again, I'll (hopefully) remember to do this and report back.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PW takes foreeeeeever now by Jytte @ 01/22/15 07:05 AM

Well, at the moment I'm not having any problems. I do not have dropbox installed, no plugins.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Huge urge to start learning piano again by Rerun @ 01/22/15 06:56 AM

Hey PG, Quote:.Is the piano an instrument that requires a ton of practice on learning how to do the correct techniques? Actually, I've found the piano an instrument that requires a ton of having fun learning how to do the correct techniques ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Key Length by DanS @ 01/22/15 06:53 AM

Ah, it is longer. Thanks
Page 63 of 115 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 114 115 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
[As off topic as possible] Greek Elections
by Nikolas
01/25/15 11:11 PM
Refinish an Ancient Ornate Steinway or Not?
by hoodun
01/25/15 10:27 PM
Kimball Grand - made in Chicago
by hoodun
01/25/15 09:48 PM
What are the pros for strip muting?
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
01/25/15 07:27 PM
Schirmer Piano Company
by Steve617
01/25/15 06:26 PM
Forum Stats
77836 Members
42 Forums
160922 Topics
2364083 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission