Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
135 registered (accordeur, ando, alerique, anamnesis, 35 invisible), 1751 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms op.118/5 by Tim Adrianson @ 04/23/16 01:25 PM

Hi, Tony007! A very thoughtful, well-paced presentation of the Romanze. I thought some of the passages in the middle section were just perfectly realized -- specifically, the triplets and the arpeggiated chords -- in terms of phrasing, shaping, and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a floor model by Beemer @ 04/23/16 01:22 PM

Thanks to you all for your comments. Today I bought a new Bluethner Model A. Its mrp is £20,000 (28,806 US Dollar) I did get a discount that was acceptable to me and it was more than 10%. Of course paying cash helps! I will not identify the off
Piano Forum
I just found one in Toronto, here's the link: Piano Boutique
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Removing Stuck Tuning Pins by Cobrun Sells @ 04/23/16 01:19 PM

Thanks folks. At this time I don't have a heavy need to purchase an electric drill. I've already put slight side pressure with my tuning hammer on some of the pins and that helped them come out while I was pulling up and unscrewing at the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a floor model by iLaw @ 04/23/16 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By Beemer Would you buy a floor model ... I can't imagine not buying a floor model. I wouldn't buy an avocado without checking it first, much less a piano. Larry.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by login @ 04/23/16 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By mcoll@login As for the A88, you might notice that again, while more expensive, it doesn't have any audio outputs either. That's because it doesn't have the capacity to generate sound. Balanced outputs are found on expensive stag
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts William's birthday(?) & 400th by bennevis @ 04/23/16 01:18 PM

The Bard is commemorated today in Stratford-upon-Avon (and everywhere else ), but as he was such an inspiration to so many composers, let's celebrate him in song and dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8vHk038_VY https://www.youtube.com/watc
Piano Forum
At one point I attended one of those so-called "University sales." I was closely followed by a salesman throughout my visit, during which I tried a few pianos just to get a feel for them. I couldn't, however, because dozens of other piano
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rickster I think Ed hit the nail on the head (rhyme not intended ). Rick That boy just has poetry running in his veins.
Piano Forum
Derek, I think your editor misunderstood your article. Shouldn't the headline read: "Saving the music: how Chinese investment is rescuing Germany’s piano industry" 😉 Larry.
Originally Posted By Tim MI have experienced this as well on the MP11 and have asked Kawai about it - but no response as of yet. What I've found is that this is audible without headphones, but difficult to hear without the isolation of headphones.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Ken Iisaka @ 04/23/16 01:01 PM

Yes, to be asked for the scanned score is insane. However, I just sent her IMSLP links to the public domain materials, and that I will give her the physical copy for the composition still under copyright (Messiaen) I heard it has to do with the audi
Piano Forum
Interesting article. Ironically, it seems to mirror and validate what Norbert has been saying here on PW for years. Norbert says Chinese made pianos and the Chinese piano industry has been underestimated; and, not that what I think matters, I think
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by shalomjj @ 04/23/16 12:48 PM

So, the only way to record would be to use the headphone jacks and something like a Tascak DP008 which I own. But, the headphone jacks may not produce as clear a sound as my FP4 with line outs so I'm wondering if I should stick with what I have. Some
To add to BerndAB's comment above. Mr. Ray Negron of Ronsen Piano Hammer Co NY provides hammers with very similar performance to the mid, late 19th and early 20th century Steinway NY hammers.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When to transition to learning a new piece? by WiseBuff @ 04/23/16 12:35 PM

Having a repertoire is a worthy goal both for your own enjoyment and to feel comfortable playing for someone else. I, too, work on multiple pieces at the same time. Some are new, some in progress, and some revisiting. I choose from a variety of ge
Jump to new posts Re: feel a flick when letting key up by rysowers @ 04/23/16 12:35 PM

+1 to adamp888. This is common. You should also be able to observe the hammers jumping up when you slowly release the key. When the hammer is in check, a slow release of the key should cause the hammer to rise, not jump. When I was at Yamaha's Lit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Could you envision this in your living room? by HansC2 @ 04/23/16 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterNot my cup of tea though. Rick I think I need something stronger than tea ...
Just tried the above on my CA97, with headphones. No distortion/hissing etc at all, just the piano sound.
Piano Forum
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/manuf...z_hGb6Y.twitter
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Unidentified Square grand, early-mid-19th Century by Craig Hair @ 04/23/16 11:54 AM

Square grand, sold in Edinburgh. Found in Westin, CT. Completely un-adorned case. Circa 1830? Could be made by Broadwood. Missing legs and pedal.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by hreichgott @ 04/23/16 11:52 AM

All my students play by ear. There is a range of natural ability and then everyone improves with practice. I always check at first to see if they can tell a right note from a wrong note in a known tune. So far everyone has been able to. We use thei
Jump to new posts Re: feel a flick when letting key up by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/23/16 11:48 AM

Many Yamaha grands make a slight but noticeable noise as the jack resets against the resting spoon when the key is released. You can feel it as well. The only permanent cure is to install lighter, softer hammers which reduces the force needed in th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Could you envision this in your living room? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/23/16 11:40 AM

If you look closely you will see it also comes with a PianoDisc player. Not mentioned in the advertisement copy.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a floor model by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/23/16 11:39 AM

I agree, the floor model is far more likely to have been prepared better than a "new" one right out of the crate. There is a trend for some buyers to want to get a piano delivered directly to their home in the original crate. Crazy!
Page 63 of 83 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 82 83 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Attending advanced recital: Inspirational or demoralizing?
by INBoston
04/28/16 03:51 PM
Keyboard for a one year old?
by ZeroZero
04/28/16 03:24 PM
Signature Piano Tones by Make
by Leaviathan
04/28/16 03:15 PM
Gender ratio among pianists
by Compianist
04/28/16 11:38 AM
Another Marshall & Wendell serial number question
by SeaBreeze
04/28/16 10:36 AM
Forum Stats
83,441 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,271 Topics
2,519,355 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission