Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (accordeur, Anne'sson, ando, 41 invisible), 1197 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: If only my pinkies were 1/2 knuckle longer! by bennevis @ 06/25/15 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By qazsedcftFrom Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Rachmaninoff Contrary to rumors of "six and a half feet," Rachmaninoff’s physical height is documented in repeated (10 November 1918 and 30 October 1924) U
Adult Beginners Forum
Bach seems to be popular a.t.m.. More work on a 2-part Invention again. Putting in more effort into bringing sections up to tempo. Really good LH practice. Not experiencing any difficulty doing LH, RH, or both together in any order as separate memory
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: why scales? by JimF @ 06/25/15 05:36 PM

Isabelle, you would be well-advised to forget about speed for now and concentrate on developing an even legato scale with good tone. If you intend to play classical, most of the scale-like passages are going to be legato. All IMO, so YMMV. Jim
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Could this Charles Walter be a good deal? by pianoloverus @ 06/25/15 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By zigIs it possible for someone to help me with the math on this? Pam indicated she spoke with the Walter family and was quoted $8400 plus shipping for a new one and the commenter above indicates a price of $ 14260. Is the diffe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piazzolla piano version? Series de Angel by dogperson @ 06/25/15 05:21 PM

Thanks so much for the information on publishers. Sheet Music Plus shows it on back order from Melos, so your history with Melos is very helpful. I have found Christiana's website (thanks much!) and am including the link here, in case anyone else
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts PX350 line in recording by mistydoo @ 06/25/15 05:21 PM

Could my friend plug here electric violin into the line in n play along with me on the piano through the internals speakers? If so then could we also record what we are playing to the usb stick for playback on the PX350?
Pianist Corner
Even some of the 13, 14, 15 year olds from the recent junior competitions could have done better. edit: Eric and Irina expressed this very politely by saying, it gets harder to play Mozart when one gets older.
Adult Beginners Forum
25 June Tonight.........two and a half hour.....playing: Carl Philip Emanuel Bach, Keyboard Sonatas Reinecke, Sonatines Regards, Johan B
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by fuji88 @ 06/25/15 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By CarlosCCWelcome to PianoWorld website, fuji88! Maybe you can tell us your preferences regarding with styles and composers. Looking forward to read more about your progress Originally Posted By DavidCoxI have a question to all
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing a string by BDB @ 06/25/15 05:19 PM

Your tech should not need to measure the strings. The string makers should have them. All you need to do is count the strings you need, starting with the lowest string as #1, and the serial number. By 1927, it should be the design with 42 bass string
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 06/25/15 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By blucienskyI really wish I could have seen more of Shihshkin. Ohh Let's hope we can for some other of these occasions!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Any good cliches to recommend listening to ? by Doritos Flavoured @ 06/25/15 05:18 PM

fun topic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: If only my pinkies were 1/2 knuckle longer! by qazsedcft @ 06/25/15 05:17 PM

From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Rachmaninoff Contrary to rumors of "six and a half feet," Rachmaninoff’s physical height is documented in repeated (10 November 1918 and 30 October 1924) U.S. Immigration manifests at E
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By blucienskyI really wish I could have seen more of Shihshkin. Yes. And Klinton.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help choosing my first Grand. by pianoloverus @ 06/25/15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By kingkyaTech said they are both in sound shape, said the Yamaha has had the hammer heads refinished. They are both from private sellers... The tech should have given you far more specific information that that.
Jump to new posts Re: Privia px-160 by mistydoo @ 06/25/15 05:16 PM

Got emails yesterday the PX 160 is in stock now. MF n BHphoto. Question.. well the average home player like myself. Notice a diff with using the direct line out vrs the headphone to power monitors?
Was wondering if the speakers could just be replaced with a better quality speakers?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by bluciensky @ 06/25/15 05:08 PM

I really wish I could have seen more of Shihshkin.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing a string by Cassia @ 06/25/15 05:07 PM

Musicpassion, your note about not second guessing my tech is well taken. I didn't mean to imply that I don't trust him. He worked absolute magic on my previous piano and I really have no reason to second guess his recommendations now. Having a str
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ 06/25/15 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiIn any case, Kocuiban, Medvedev and Turpanov was waste of time and energy. Gugnin, Klinton, Onischenko, Shihshkin would do better. I try hard to ignore your endless mean spirited posts but after a while feel the need to comm
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BruceDIf these "visitations" from or "presence" of famous composers from the past are as bona fide as some like to claim, I can't help but wonder why they - the greats from the past - choose to visit the Rosem
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisWhy would classical pianists want to put themselves up for criticism by improvising in public? They'd be better off playing jazz if they want to do so (like Denis Matsuev, Steven Osborne, Kirill Gerstein, and several othe
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BruceDWouldn't that be Nobul Piece (i.e. a piece of the no bull!) Prize? Cheers! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Shigeru Kawai SK-7 arrived by Hakki @ 06/25/15 04:57 PM

Congratulations on your new piano!! It looks and sounds beautiful. I wish you many happy years of playing and recording with your new piano. P.S Now, that piano and you also deserve an artists bench. edit: Very important that you immediately put
Pianist Corner
Wouldn't that be Nobul Piece (i.e. a piece of the no bull!) Prize? Cheers!
Page 63 of 85 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 84 85 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Do You Store/Organize Your Sheet Music
by Opus 1 Music
06/30/15 09:59 PM
Question About Fingering/Technique
by newbert
06/30/15 08:21 PM
How to search for a teacher for my VI kid
by christineka
06/30/15 07:36 PM
Good software for slowing down songs?
by DeadPoets
06/30/15 05:48 PM
Piano Cover Music Competition - Help me out?
by RyanThePianist
06/30/15 03:49 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,838 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,194 Topics
2,422,572 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission