Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
117 registered (Anita Potter, agraffe, Andre campana, ando, 28 invisible), 1663 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Having been teaching myself on and off as time permits, I finally have had the past several weeks to really spend time and focus. I figured out what I need to work on and have been diligently attending to the exercises I decided would help me move f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Superbowl Halftime.... by Gatsbee13 @ 02/08/16 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By guylSpeaking of the Superbowl, the piano used for the national anthem appeared to have sheet music taped to the fallboard. You could see it near the end: at 2:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX1KrB38MFY I noticed this yest
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best settings for Galaxy Vintage D by TheodorN @ 02/08/16 06:25 PM

Oh I see, then I suppose you have to play around a little with the Galaxy Vintage D - literally speaking.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there an accordion section to this forum? by JohnSprung @ 02/08/16 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterI'm afraid I don't see a correlation between using an accordion and going to prison; guess I missed the joke. It's a play on the old "Use a gun, go to prison" bumper sticker.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by WilliamTruitt @ 02/08/16 06:15 PM

BDB, Stephen Paulello has been making his own piano wire for about 20 years, and Pure Sound Piano wire has been around for quite a while also. The work of which you speak in your last post #2508463 has been done by these people. From Paulello's web
I did a random sampling of internet sites regarding the accuracy of integrated and non-integrated computer sound cards. While the drift over days of the crystals is adequate (often 10ppm or better, the clock rates tend to be variable and wildly more
Jump to new posts Best way to remove a hammer butt? by Justice Post @ 02/08/16 06:10 PM

I need to remove the butt from one hammer in a piano, and frankly I've never had to do that before. The hammer head and shank are perfectly fine still, I just need to know how to unglue the shank from the butt. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by JLmac @ 02/08/16 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTUnisons very out of tune. Top two octaves have a great amount of "whack" sound due to too heavy hammers. Sounds like a small baby grand. Hope this helps. You did ask for critique. So the rest of the
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts looking for youtube songs in different keys by hast66 @ 02/08/16 06:03 PM

Hi, I'm searching on youtube for easy popsongs (with easy chord progressions) played in different keys. Not just major to minor or vice versa eg smells like teen spirit in F major and smells like teen spirit in D major or Tom Dooley in G m
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts assessment on a 7 year boy. Is he lack of fundamental skill? by Deep Fish Piano @ 02/08/16 05:56 PM

Hi, teachers, I am not a teacher, but I think my question can only be answered by teachers. So I post here. I have a son 7.5 year old. He began to learn Piano when he was 4.5. We live in Canada. Both my husband and I are not music professional. We c
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Mr. Pianoman 5k subs special by konaboy @ 02/08/16 05:51 PM

congratulations on 5k subscribers, i liked your videos a lot, you now have 5k+1
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by JLmac @ 02/08/16 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By David JensonI'd agree with Lucas. Scattered unisons are a bit wild. The high treble is pretty messy. On the whole it sounds decent when played as long the song moves along smartly and the last octave is avoided. When you say sc
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by CPShines @ 02/08/16 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By GrandmanI'm interested to know what kind of tweaks lx and hp owners have made to the default sound. Which soundboard have you chosen? Is the default sound supposed to be optimized for tone with tweaks made solely for space issues
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there an accordion section to this forum? by WhoDwaldi @ 02/08/16 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonWant to develop respect? Listen to Astor Piazzolla. I honestly thought about starting another musical instrument after hearing him.... but piano still requires an enormous amount of work, so I dismissed the thought.
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by DeskDesign @ 02/08/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By pianistje Do you think the VPC1 is better than the MP8 ? I know fast repetitions are much easier, but apart from that....do you feel you are playing a better keybed ? Yes, as a matter of fact I do. The VPC1 is superior tot the M
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand Strength by fatar760 @ 02/08/16 05:17 PM

Ok, update time! So, there's a couple of things happened in the last few days to write about. The first thing is discovering Taubman and how I'm now seriously questioning my over-all technique which, despite having an injury in 2013, has always re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ 02/08/16 05:15 PM

Wow, we dropped to page 3 - that doesn't happen very often. SwissMS, I have trouble imagining you going off the rails - but if you say it was due to going too quickly, I do understand how that works! I've had a very odd month. Over Christmas I re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there an accordion section to this forum? by WhoDwaldi @ 02/08/16 05:15 PM

There is a famous Far Side harp/accordion cartoon. http://www.examiner.com/list/the-top-10-musical-far-side-cartoons Viola players (often mischaracterized as failed violinists) look up to the dignity of accordion jokes. 😀 (I hack away badly at
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by jokke @ 02/08/16 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By CeldorThanks for the answers. I am totally confused and clueless now :\ I have read that old MIDI connectors available in audio interfaces are only to support old devices. I feel like I really need much better understanding of al
Jump to new posts ForScore: Bluetooth Footpedal Problem by newbert @ 02/08/16 05:14 PM

A few months ago, I started a thread explaining that the right foot pedal on my Pageflip Cicada was dying. (I use it to turn pages in ForScore.) Rather than replace the entire unit, I found a relatively inexpensive external pedal which plugs into t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there an accordion section to this forum? by dogperson @ 02/08/16 05:13 PM

Want to develop respect? Listen to Astor Piazzolla. I honestly thought about starting another musical instrument after hearing him.... but piano still requires an enormous amount of work, so I dismissed the thought. https://www.youtube.com/watc
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by DameMyra @ 02/08/16 05:12 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have a parent who continually refers to her sons' lessons as "practice." I also cannot understand parents, especially of younger students, who don't sit in on lessons. I have a six year old and was only able to get his
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Big discovery on how the brain processes music by pianoloverus @ 02/08/16 05:09 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/09/scienc...WT.nav=top-news[i][/i] Another closely related article: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/09/science/lending-her-ears-to-an-mit-experiment.html?ref=music
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by dogperson @ 02/08/16 04:57 PM

[i][/i]Originally Posted By Charles CohenIMHO, you're much more likely to practice with a keyboard _in your house_ (or room, or apartment). If you have a choice between "no piano" and "inexpensive digital piano", get an inexpensi
Jump to new posts Re: SEEKING ADVICE FOR BEGINNER DIGITAL PIANO by peterws @ 02/08/16 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By xUnicornHello, Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this specific question, but I'd like to have some advice regarding buying a beginner digital piano. In a couple of weeks I want to pick up playing the piano. I alread
Page 63 of 88 < 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 87 88 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with a new piano
by Inefable
16 minutes 45 seconds ago
Finding Denes Varjon
by Hank M
Today at 07:46 AM
playing minuets
by iamanders
Today at 05:38 AM
Awkward songs and time spent!
by peterws
Today at 04:43 AM
Weird Pianoworld Internet Problem Solved
by JohnSprung
Today at 03:46 AM
Forum Stats
82,577 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,465 Topics
2,494,929 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission