Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by Stefo @ 09/12/14 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: wr Really? The textbooks say all brains are the same? That's astonishing. Of course, they have the same architecture, why whould that be surprising? Quote:I'm a bit worried for you now... Why is that?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N2 by Butteman @ 09/12/14 09:28 AM

The relative humidity averages somewhere around 25*F...the desert is a very dry climate. Since the home is not use full time, I keep the thermostat set at 82*F in the summer and 60*F in the winter to keep the utility bill low. Like I mentioned, not a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Piano finish - repaint by newbieHK @ 09/12/14 09:26 AM

Hi, I am working on a project to repair/re-coat the finish on a portion of my piano. Most of coating has been chipped of the keyboard cover and I was looking for advice on repainting. I don't have access to spray gun, and in any event I live in an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First real RPT tuning experience today by Minnesota Marty @ 09/12/14 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieBut you never know, and it is always god to take precautions. Does god take precautions or use contraptions? Oops - I forgot about a deus ex machina.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Pathbreaker @ 09/12/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsHow's everyone doing? Are there any easyish short ones left? I spent a ton of time working on mine since day one so I could be sure I could play it. I got it to rough play through status (memorized and 85% tempo). Worked
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Langlois and Sons piano by turandot @ 09/12/14 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaI thought I would just add a comment to this old thread to bring it to the surface again. I found it in the haunted wing of the archives. There are many threads laid to rest in the archives. Other than some obvio
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by wimpiano @ 09/12/14 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: sinophiliaWow. Just wow. Yesterday night I had the chance to hear Martha Argerich play the first Kinderszene as an encore after the Tchaikovsky 1st piano concerto. I think it's the third time for me, she usually goes for this ea
Piano Forum
I regularly tune a 2002 Boston GP-193 II for a local church. It's a great-sounding piano!
Piano Forum
Different folks have different opinions on what is or is not a good temp and relative humidity range for acoustic pianos. My opinion is between 45*F and 85*F on temp (extreme ranges, but best somewhere in the middle) and between 45% and 75% on RH. My
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sightreading - HELP! by Veronika333 @ 09/12/14 09:07 AM

Thank you all for nice responses!!! I will try everything! Yesterday I was sightreading for an hour, and in the end I had feeling like it went better :-), but today - everything was away, but I will continue for longer time :-)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 15-year-old who can't sight read by Morodiene @ 09/12/14 08:59 AM

When this happens I ask the student precisely how they learned to play that piece before. Perhaps the teacher played it for them, or perhaps the student learned it on youtube. Usually at that point I compromise and tell them that they need to impro
Jump to new posts Re: Making new regulating bench any ideas by David Jenson @ 09/12/14 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By: OlekOriginally Posted By: David JensonA flat bench and this rack are really all you need. Even a core door over saw horses will provide a suitable surface. This is the Vagias rack from Schaff. some parts can help (damper gau
Piano Forum
I am an adult beginner and I recently bought my first piano -- a 1955 Baldwin (I had been using a Yamaha DGX-640 keyboard). I am keeping it in a finished basement. I want to make sure that the temperature and humidity are appropriate. What is too
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by outo @ 09/12/14 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: StefoAnd our brain, ANY brain, can learn anything, given the right environment. Originally Posted By: Stefo(it just happens that I'm preparing a neurophysiology exam for university). I'm a bit worried for you now...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Taking chances" in a performance by pianoloverus @ 09/12/14 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: Damon For me it means that you have made a musical compromise in order to achieve a certain type of technical perfection. I say a certain type because it usually mea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First real RPT tuning experience today by Chris Leslie @ 09/12/14 08:33 AM

Come to think of it, I don't think I've needed any contraception for any piano jobs so far. But you never know, and it is always god to take precautions.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you teach expression? by TimR @ 09/12/14 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneIf you are playing a perpetual motion piece or piece that is intended to be danced to, you really can't put rubato in. Rubato is just one of these expressive techniques, and it is unfortunate that there are so many teac
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 15-year-old who can't sight read by TimR @ 09/12/14 08:26 AM

I may have mentioned this before. I talked with a professor in the music program at a recognizable university. He auditioned a trombone performance major applicant, and the kid played his prepared solo so well, with such tone, technique, and musica
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by wr @ 09/12/14 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By: StefoBecause that's the way it is, every neurophysiology textbook will say that. (it just happens that I'm preparing a neurophysiology exam for university). The ability to learn the movements and the notions is there, for anyone
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Medtner piano concerti by wr @ 09/12/14 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: fnorkWell, I'd say plenty of early pieces are still very 'traditional', think of the first sonata for example. Well, yes, that's true. I think the idea was more general, though, rather than getting down to specific works. In
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Lewes Avatar by BrianDX @ 09/12/14 07:55 AM

Hakodate Japan
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by Stefo @ 09/12/14 07:38 AM

Because that's the way it is, every neurophysiology textbook will say that. (it just happens that I'm preparing a neurophysiology exam for university). The ability to learn the movements and the notions is there, for anyone. Having the will to do it,
Jump to new posts Re: Making new regulating bench any ideas by David Jenson @ 09/12/14 07:37 AM

Don't get too fussy with your set-up. The fine regulating is usually done in the piano. All you are doing with a bench is getting things roughed-in and close.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ 09/12/14 07:34 AM

Progress has slowed way down for me. Over the summer I was able to set aside more practice time, and now with the kids back to school and all the various activities, homework support etc, it's fallen way back for me. Work is much busier too. So to lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by barbaram @ 09/12/14 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoWith regards to your first question: it should be followed by piano rather then mezzo forte. About question 2: They should be played as portato and the slurs are emphasizing phrasing. Thanks a lot wimpiano!
Page 65 of 93 < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Associate Diploma repertoire
by lacrymosa85
09/17/14 07:55 AM
Questions for those that use dremel for hammer shaping.
by UnrightTooner
09/17/14 07:29 AM
Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano
by wildpig
09/16/14 11:57 PM
Baldwin Hamilton 1941
by JMN12
09/16/14 11:13 PM
Tucson, AZ: Is Arizona Room a bad place for a piano?
by Paul678
09/16/14 08:14 PM
Who's Online
127 registered (ajames, accordeur, allakart, *windowlicker*, 33 invisible), 1236 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76230 Members
42 Forums
157575 Topics
2314594 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission