Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
156 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, A Guy, 36251, 41 invisible), 1782 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Question about accent marks by J Moore @ 01/28/15 05:09 PM

Hi, I'm working through Fabers Adult Piano Adventures. In the Russian Folk Song it starts out with four quarter notes with accent marks. The book says that the notes with accent marks are supposed to be louder then the notes around it. So how does t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 with bluetooth headphones by toddy @ 01/28/15 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Beemer my aging brain let me down again! Ian The latest thinking on the subject of aging brains is that we're actually getting better at thinking as we get older, not worse. The difference is that we have a greatly increased
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Black key special paint. by Goof @ 01/28/15 05:06 PM

Must be all of a year since I painted-removed -primed-repainted my sharps and finally I can not make a mark with my finger nail !!
Jump to new posts Re: We Need Someone to Build this keyboard PLEASE! by ZeroZero @ 01/28/15 05:05 PM

Slippery I see your point, Slippery, but there is some room for manoevre. I have owned the Nord Stage 2 and the build is reasonable, it's a lot lighter. I notice that the 800NX is not so heavy too. The C2 is trivially light. However i do not thin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by verqueue @ 01/28/15 05:04 PM

I think that people will talk and I try to choose repertoire carefully, to not draw to much attention. Still there is a purpose of being there, so I don't believe I should hide all the time, probably some Chopin Nocturnes and pieces by Debussy will
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts My Best Piano Accessories (add yours) by Jytte @ 01/28/15 05:02 PM

Once in a while I see a cool tip on some gadget or idea for the piano in a post somewhere, or I might come up with something, that I might mention somewhere. The 'somewhere' being the point. They can be hard to find. Why not have a thread to 'collec
Adult Beginners Forum
For me it's simple. Did I play that better than yesterday? Not everything I do progress at the same rate, so everyday it's a mix bag of yes and no's.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by peterws @ 01/28/15 04:59 PM

Well Done you! Recording really is the hard bit. I just got my hands on a film score wrote for piano. The music is part of a greater collection and costs a fortune. So I listened and wrote it down myself. It`s very simple, very evocative. Can`t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by 8 Octaves @ 01/28/15 04:55 PM

This will certainly be a challenge especially since you've been trained to play using a large dynamics range, and now your task is to play softly in the background without drawing attention to yourself. That's really the opposite of all your trainin
Originally Posted By: JoeTheProAlso, all things being equal (using a sampled piano via PC), which setup will sound better: the 2 external monitors or the DP cabinet speakers via Line-In? External monitors, definitely. Internal speakers of digital p
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Gadzar @ 01/28/15 04:53 PM

IMO, the drift due to the Weinreich effect is much smaller than the drift provoqued by a pitch raise. If we are able to compensate/correct the drift in a pitch raise then the Weinreich effect should be no problem neither. I'am not saying this drift
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by keystring @ 01/28/15 04:51 PM

Dennis, I especially like this image: Originally Posted By: Dennis in Canada This is like years ago while I was studying, I never fully understood the statistical founding blocks of auditing and that caused me grief in all my courses. I've been &quo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by verqueue @ 01/28/15 04:50 PM

My achievement of the week is that I found a piano-job at hotel during valentines . It'll be very tough, because they want me to play for 5 hours some easy music. I practiced much more using harder repertoire in my life, but still it's 5 hours of pl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reputable piano dealers wanted! by Rank Piano Amateur @ 01/28/15 04:49 PM

There are definitely excellent options for piano dealers in the mid-Atlantic region. Listen to ClsscLib--he gives good advice! I only have personal knowledge of one of the dealers he mentioned, Rich Galassini at Cunningham Piano in Philadelphia, an
Jump to new posts Re: Travel Keyboard by anotherscott @ 01/28/15 04:49 PM

Again, I don't know which M-Audio controller you're looking at, but some are smaller than others. It sounds like you still want 49 keys, yes? Look at these... http://www.sweetwater.com/c1074--49_Key_Controllers The only way to get smaller than some
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shopping for grand piano by Scott U @ 01/28/15 04:47 PM

Thanks everyone for the info and replies, it has been very informative. Their videos are not the greatest quality, but I give the dealer some credit for trying and goes a little further than most other sites. We have a bunch of used dealers much cl
After looking at your photos, I have to say, that action looks pretty tired. Plus, what the others have said regarding the verdigris issue.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: Batuhangould's technique is only good for playing Bach I don't think that many would agree with you on that. He did play other composers, some very well, although all may not agree with his interpre
Piano Forum
Sorry, my fault, it's actually $600. The pressure is simply to reserve, as there are more people viewing it a couple hours after me and another one the day after. And at this price I believe it. IF I like it I would reserve it and then get a technic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by 8 Octaves @ 01/28/15 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: JytteOriginally Posted By: 8 Octaves One small thing is interesting. When I began piano lessons, my teacher told me it takes 10 years to learn to play the piano. Now that I've been with her 5 years, now she tells me another 10
Piano Forum
Would it be possible to have the piano assessed by an independent technician? From your information we know that it is a 46 year old Kawai console piano. Its age is concerning, but depending on its condition, it could be a nice, little piano which su
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Batuhangould's technique is only good for playing Bach I don't think that many would agree with you on that. He did play other composers, some very well, although all may not agree with his interpretation of those composers.
Originally Posted By: phantomFive I had to right-click and download them because they wouldn't play in my browser. (that is the most fortissimo interpretation of Bach I've ever heard on a piano, no delicate clavichord there! But maybe it's not wrong,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tension... by griffin2417 @ 01/28/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Justin_BActually, my pinky does like to stick up, especially in my right hand (I'm right handed). I've been doing, every day, some exercises where, from the five finger position, I hold down one finger while playing each of th
Piano Forum
If your budget is under $1,000, you're probably better served with a digital. The action and tuning will never need maintenance and the touch and sound will probably better prepare you for when you upgrade to a nicer piano down the line.
Page 65 of 116 < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
40 Piano Pieces A Year Club
by Anne H
02/01/15 11:26 AM
Unknown treasures...
by Blooper
02/01/15 10:34 AM
VILABS (Ravenscroft) - Support Issues
by dmd
02/01/15 08:32 AM
Am I crazy? 1921 Baldwin with “History” (PICS)
by look_alive
02/01/15 02:23 AM
Rhythm question about "Un Sospiro"
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:55 AM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161116 Topics
2366748 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission