Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
101 registered (al reds, anamnesis, Bortholomew, Blues beater, Amosdoll, 22 invisible), 1413 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by earlofmar @ 08/26/16 03:04 AM

[quote] $600 for my glasses [quote/] outrageous price, I would have thought USA would be cheaper......are they gold plated?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving piano cross country v buying a new one? by Ed A. Hall @ 08/26/16 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By ReamusLQ We're not strongly attached to it because it was given to us for free, so we wouldn't be heart broken if it was better just to sell it off and purchase a new piano wherever we end up. Thanks in advance! There's your
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ 08/26/16 03:01 AM

Ok, trying to find a reseller in Rome. -Aj
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by Ed A. Hall @ 08/26/16 02:58 AM

I suggest getting the Dampp Chaser installed along with the undercover and let your piano climatise to the new microclimate for several weeks before having it retuned.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ 08/26/16 02:34 AM

Hi guys, thank you all. I'm very happy the piano is coming back ! Not perfect but playable. As said : WD 40 was just used by spraying it on cloth and softly cleaning the strings. No drops on the felt / hammers / pins. I will never , never use it !
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By MorodieneTrue, but he may be out of his gourd, so it is to be taken with a grain of salt. Originally Posted By OrgantoPianoGo Steelers! On the Ball, City!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Tim P - Thank you so much for the link. One of the most gorgeous-sounding albums I own is Milt Jackson's Sunflower on CTI.
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by CyberGene @ 08/26/16 02:04 AM

You should replace gear then, not stack it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts [Lucy] A Tear Before Dawn by DeeMaxx @ 08/26/16 01:59 AM

Hi Hope you don't mind me posting my new composition in this forum, I was going to post it in members recordings but you don't seem to get much feedback there..well anyway here it is..feel free to criticise,a bit of negative criticism will only help
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Tarantella by Polyphonist @ 08/26/16 01:35 AM

In the great Romantic tradition of Liszt, et al. Score: https://www.docdroid.net/4k9zMSW/tarantella-aug-20-2016.pdf.html Recording: http://picosong.com/z9xJ/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by ChopinLives81 @ 08/26/16 01:08 AM

I gotta say, if you're in a position where you need a teacher, I don't see how you can be expected to learn something like a Chopin Ballade and Debussy's Reflets in 2 weeks. I would imagine you have your everyday personal life to attend to as well an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Single note repetition - technique by ChopinLives81 @ 08/26/16 12:53 AM

If it's Hungarian Rhapsodie No.2 then I'm guessing you're talking about the section right after the "Friska" with the repeated notes on the right hand. I've played that before and 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-2 , 3-2-1 was what I finally settled on since
Jump to new posts Moving piano cross country v buying a new one? by ReamusLQ @ 08/26/16 12:46 AM

Hello there! I have a question for those more versed in the cost of pianos than myself. I'm an amateur technician who went through an apprenticeship but never took the time to become an RPT because life and work, etc. This question isn't immediate
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Am I behind? by Nemaara @ 08/26/16 12:35 AM

From someone who didn't learn scales properly, I can tell you that it probably would help to learn them if you are planning to play harder pieces in the future. Arpeggios and scales help teach your muscles to recognize patterns in music so you'll be
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by doctor S @ 08/26/16 12:31 AM

Well, I'm pleasantly gabberflasted. Smobgacked. Can't get one thing wright, and they pick me anyway. My apologies to Tim, and other authentic competitors with virtuosic chops and fidelity to the score; I'm thinking I'll have to send them all writt
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Am I behind? by BruceD @ 08/26/16 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_C[...] BTW, off the subject, but I always find it a little funny when people talk about "tackling" a piece of music, even though I just did. One time I heard someone say he was going to tackle Chopin's Barcarolle,
I've been tuning with Tunelab, regulating, voicing, and doing minor repairs for about 3 years now, and after having tuned for a showroom for about 1.5 years, I now work part-time professionally for schools and private clients I get off of Craigslist
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by mom3gram @ 08/26/16 12:20 AM

30. Sonatina in C - Latour 31. Morning Has Broken - Alfred AIO Book 2 32. Alexander's Ragtime Band - Alfred AIO Book 2 33. Come Thou Almighty King - Hymn 34. My Daydream - Piano Adventures 2A 35. Castle By the Sea - Mier 36. Armadillo Rag - Mier 37.
Adult Beginners Forum
I haven't been on Piano World for a few weeks. I've had two grandchildren at a time staying with me the past two weeks, and haven't practiced more than a token few minutes a day, just to keep MOYD going. Blackjack, your Bach piece sounds great. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by MarieJ @ 08/26/16 12:08 AM

Thank you piano_primo. And Carlos, you made my day; if ever a comment deserved to be framed and hung beside my piano, yours does!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Am I behind? by Mark_C @ 08/26/16 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By davidc1215...should I start learning scales? If you've gotten this far without them, you don't have to. But, if you're even half-interested, do it. You'll benefit from it! Quote:....I was wondering how long it would take for me
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by currawong @ 08/25/16 11:53 PM

How are your reading skills? I need to do a great deal of quick learning and I wouldn't have a hope if my reading wasn't good.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX 17 / KAWAI CS 11, some questions by Kawai James @ 08/25/16 11:52 PM

Hello AlexEbel, welcome to the forum. Originally Posted By AlexEbel2. A very odd question but very relevant to me. Upon receiving the Piano (LX 17 or CS 11) how big are the boxes that the unit is actually shipped in? I ask this because I am moving n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by BDB @ 08/25/16 11:44 PM

I have several pairs that are focused at arms length. They work for music, but they also work for any work that I do at arm's length.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by Groove On @ 08/25/16 11:34 PM

I find for memorizing, it's a very holistic thing. There's the feeling of the rhythm in my body/hands/fingers, a tactile/spacial sense of where I am on the keyboard, the sound that my ear hears or expects, the visuals of the notation and the visual o
Page 65 of 77 < 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 76 77 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks a Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now. A fun gift for the musician in your life (or maybe just for yourself).
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Coming back to playing after 25 year break
by Inna
08/31/16 11:13 PM
Some describe this left hand pattern as "clave", it's not...
by rintincop
08/31/16 11:04 PM
Linking MIDI Keyboards for Control.
by Bouncy Nugget
08/31/16 07:47 PM
Buying a Core Piano for Restoration
by Miguel Rey
08/31/16 02:44 PM
Byron Janis article
by Keith D Kerman
08/31/16 01:39 PM
Forum Stats
84,832 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,883 Topics
2,552,015 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission