Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
126 registered (anotherscott, anamnesis, Albunea, accordeur, 36251, 32 invisible), 1611 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Another Recording Question by Rich D. @ 07/02/15 12:45 PM

I've been reading with interest S.H.Lee's posts regarding his efforts to obtain quality audio and video piano recordings using the ZOOM Q8 Handy Video Recorder and two Rode NT55MP mics. The end results have sounded great. While I know there are man
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Amazing composition but... by Lov3Cat @ 07/02/15 12:44 PM

Plz help me if u know the name of this composition ! Ty a lots <3 Some1 has told me the name's Fantasie piano but It's not true
Pianist Corner
It is the Internet era now. Everybody should be prepared for the consequences of live streams worldwide. They keep telling this much millions watched the competition. Well then bear the talking of every type of those millions too then. It is a compet
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Ahh, Tim Praskins. The salesman who pretends to be the purveyor of independent advice. All the Roland PHA-IV actions will be mechanically and structurally the same. Only differences will be appearance (side of the keys to give the appearance of wood
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Marko in Boston @ 07/02/15 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By gary3917I just got the MP7 and really love it but I have a learning disability .Can any one give me some tutorial links for the MP7 that could help me ? I'm trying to understand this unit. I know Sudo sonic has tutorials DVD's b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170 by Sketches @ 07/02/15 12:32 PM

Not had a chance to play it yet BDB, he actually has another similar Bosie which I will be looking to try as well.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by Farmerjones @ 07/02/15 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1I’m trying a piece from Op 8 no 2 Rachmaninoff and think it may be too beyond me… I can’t say for sure if I give up…. While I never knew him personally, I don't think Rachmaninoff was an alien or superhuman.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by gary3917 @ 07/02/15 12:24 PM

I just got the MP7 and really love it but I have a learning disability .Can any one give me some tutorial links for the MP7 that could help me ? I'm trying to understand this unit. I know Sudo sonic has tutorials DVD's but not for the Kawai stuff.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Tuner, Old Pianos. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/02/15 12:23 PM

Moving flat, then sharp, then settling flat, is too much movement, IMHO. If you are flat on an upright, try 3:00, one pull to pitch, then stop. What happens: Tension in non speaking length, NSL, is at top of tension band during tuning. (Tension b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which piece describes your mood now? by Nikolas @ 07/02/15 12:19 PM

Thanks Gary! Much appreciated and while I certainly didn't feel like that before, after listening to Richter I feel a lot better! The miracle of music!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170 by joe80 @ 07/02/15 12:12 PM

Hi Rich, In Europe, the piano manufacturers often didn't bother with a sostenuto pedal right up through the 1970s and as late as the 1980s. I've seen Steinway model Os from the 80s with only 2 pedals, and lots of Bosendorfers from before that time
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov -- performance & review(s) by Miguel Rey @ 07/02/15 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By NantesWell, he did get 3rd place in the 2010 International Chopin Competition From the new generation I'm quite partial to Yulianna Avdeeva (her Chopin "Heroic" Polonaise Op.53 interpretation during the competition sou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170 by BDB @ 07/02/15 12:07 PM

It looks good, and the price seems decent. Do you like it?
Jump to new posts Re: Beat rate generator and the PTG tuning exam by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/02/15 12:07 PM

That would mean the test would allow a tuneable band pass filter that would enhance the beating of partials and make setting and comparing beat rates a piece of cake. Does anyone know if this would be acceptable, because I am preparing to have a unit
Piano Forum
When I shopped for a mover, I asked about their liability insurance and coverage and made sure that my piano was not going to be insured by pound (weight)! This practically doubled some of the quotes but I need the piano to be insured at full value
Pianist Corner
Guys, I understand that it's great fun with imagining all sorts of conspiracy theories, but let's not forget a couple of things: For very obvious reasons, competitors that cause a lot of disagreement among jurors are usually unable to get the highes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 07/02/15 11:38 AM

Spoiler Content From the initials of the names, Sergey Redkin does not belong there. S and R is not repeated in any of the 5 other finalists, whereas LG, GL, LD, DM, DK all have letters that are repeats. In fact LD has both letters seen twice more
Piano Forum
The missing piece in these cases of 'Sold with a New Warranty' pianos, which may have suffered from a year's worth of daily pounding from uncaring students, is the piece we always recommend to a person who is thinking of buying a used piano. That is,
Jump to new posts Re: Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by sopranojam85 @ 07/02/15 11:28 AM

The spring in all the piano supply houses which I can find are actually as long, if not slightly longer than the one I currently have installed. I was thinking about actually moving this spring about 1/2" (or may be 3/8") forward. There is
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help finding piano music by Litto @ 07/02/15 11:28 AM

Hi samasap, thank you for your reply! I alreay know couple of song from this album, but i will follow your precious advice and i will listen for it entirely.
Jump to new posts Re: portable digital piano ruggedness by Charles Cohen @ 07/02/15 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By anotherscottI have a feeling that the only thing that makes a DP "portable" is how much it weighs and whether it can fit in a car without disassembly/reassembly from its housing/stand. +1. "Portable" = &quo
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By OjisanSeiuchiOriginally Posted By joggerjazzThe kid was spoiled due to lack of discipline. I doubt he was ever spanked. Discipline ≠ spanking. Agree. My kids weren't spanked, but neither of them would have dreamed of acti
Jump to new posts Re: climate control during absence of tbd duration. by kpembrook @ 07/02/15 11:16 AM

Air conditioners primarily control temperature -- not humidity. Humidity is what matters, not temperature. Humidity control installed on the piano is the most cost-effective approach to moderating humidity fluctuations.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suitable Books for Kindle/eReaders by Noonie @ 07/02/15 11:16 AM

No problem - that's why I asked! And hence why, so far, I've only purchased print versions of anything piano related.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suitable Books for Kindle/eReaders by ajames @ 07/02/15 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By Noonie Can anyone recommend good piano/music books that are suitable for an eReader? Meaning, that if it's a theory book and there are photos of scales, etc., that you can see them. I realize many such books include playing, al
Page 65 of 94 < 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
lacquer for sharps
by Olek
07/07/15 04:04 PM
Classical improvisation in real time
by bennevis
07/07/15 03:32 PM
Bought a new piano
by Byrotte
07/07/15 03:04 PM
pedal issue on yamaha p115
by franciobr
07/07/15 01:49 PM
Relative beginner taking Jazz lessons needs advise
by Gumbysgroove
07/07/15 12:58 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,910 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,364 Topics
2,424,863 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission