Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (A Guy, Almaviva, Anne'sson, accordeur, 29 invisible), 1477 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is 30% relative humidity a problem? by SMHaley @ 12/14/14 08:14 PM

In my first years as a college student I had the mundane chore of keeping the choir room humidifiers full each day for the two Steinway Bs. 2 units and 10 gallons a piece. Needless to say I was far more slim and trim in those days.
Jump to new posts Re: Is 30% relative humidity a problem? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 12/14/14 08:13 PM

Humidity levels of 30% for a few days are not a big problem. It takes several days to dry the wood and it will take on humidity much quicker. So raising the humidity in the room for a few hours to around 40% every couple of days will reduce the risk
Jump to new posts Re: Is 30% relative humidity a problem? by Dan Casdorph @ 12/14/14 08:06 PM

I agree to humidify the room first. Get a large floor model or have one installed on your heating system. Don't be surprised if your house requires 10 or more gallons per day.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: N.I. Grandeur - very nice piano! by login @ 12/14/14 08:03 PM

Probably a nice compromise from the expensive ones, there aren't many sampled pianos for 99 of this quality, specially without owning full kontakt.
LOL at myself ... I've downloaded Noteworthy Composer demo to give it a try. Man, I now understand the difficulty of playing to a strict tempo. I also find the notes that appear after recording were ... well ... clumped up with slurs here and there
I live in the mid Atlantic and have seen a lot of pianos with and without dampp-chaser systems. In the Mid- Atlantic, pianos like air conditioning and don't like heat. A D-C system will help a lot but you are not going to get the best tuning sta
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keys 4 kids? And other starter pianos by iLaw @ 12/14/14 07:49 PM

Your daughter is showing a lot of interest too! Time to get her started. Larry.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: phantomFiveI don't coordinate my breath with my playing. I breath naturally. Neither do I. I think it's a waste of time, and that if most people breathe well enough to survive, they probably breathe well enough to focus on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are you practicing? by Barry1963 @ 12/14/14 07:29 PM

I confess, I havent been practicing like I should. Been exhausted from this last job, but looks like things are getting back to normal and time to get back to a piano schedule
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by Herr Weiss @ 12/14/14 07:22 PM

Thanks for the P.T.S. Got it after downloading Java(TM)Platform SE!! Question: Does P.T.S works like that other program? HW
Jump to new posts Re: Things that make me laugh by Jbyron @ 12/14/14 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: gynnisIs this to avoid a belly job? It would be akin to making a dead man alive by standing him on his feet and holding him there.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: David FarleyI just acquired a copy of this book, which looks like it was a good find. I'm going to get it spiral bound. http://www.amazon.com/International-Christmas-Carols-Various-Authors/dp/0828903786 This was a good find,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keys 4 kids? And other starter pianos by flipwils11 @ 12/14/14 07:14 PM

A little update on my son's piano playing and the Kawai. We are so happy with the sound quality of this piano, it's doing great and was exactly the right price point for our need. http://youtu.be/FSAn2kGuBpM I'm actually investigating starting pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by earlofmar @ 12/14/14 07:02 PM

Welcome to the forum Reg. Having previous experience with another instrument is a slight advantage even if it is that you already know playing an instrument can be demanding and need some sort of regime. Wishing you all the best with your new piano
Jump to new posts Re: Best speakers for Clavinova CLP-470 by pv88 @ 12/14/14 07:02 PM

As someone who owns a CLP-480 (and, an older CLP-990M) my experience is definitely in agreement with MacMacMac above in that adding speakers to a digital piano doesn't necessarily give breadth and quality to the sounds but tends to make the piano jus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the day the piano arrives by Athdara @ 12/14/14 06:48 PM

Thank you all, I've been blown away by it ever since it arrived:) Sound wise, warm and creamy at the bass/ mid-range. Gorgeous growl from the low notes. Treble sounds a tad sharper but am hoping that gets resolved soon. Tuning will be done tomorrow
Jump to new posts Re: A Record? by Jbyron @ 12/14/14 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBIf he had a dollar for every time he had tuned that piano, he did not charge enough! You have a point there. Kinda makes you think doesn't it? I wonder how much he did make per tuning.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help! Is this a fair price for used Kawai K2? by thestar @ 12/14/14 06:44 PM

Thanks, blob! Thanks, supersport, and extra thanks for the warning. I wouldn't have known to avoid that--and yes, after doing some reading, it's primarily the cool mist ultrasonics that generate white dust. I'm so excited about tomorrow that I like
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by RJ Austin @ 12/14/14 06:35 PM

Hey everybody. I just joined the forum yesterday. I'm 41 years old and will turn 42 in February. I'm originally from Detroit but have lived in Japan for over 9 years. I play Bass guitar but have wanted to learn piano for many years. My wife and I d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing with hands together by Beth_Frances @ 12/14/14 06:35 PM

Try playing very, very easy pieces HT from the start. It sounds like you're only working on pieces that are at the absolute limit of your skill set, but you will progress much faster if you also work daily on sightreading pieces that you can easily
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: What breathing method is used when playing fast? by Dfrankjazz @ 12/14/14 06:29 PM

Breath of fire might be good for that. haha
rysowers, thanks, I've bookmarked your blog. I do plan on buying a humidity gauge tomorrow to start keeping track of what's going on in the area the piano will be in. From what you said in your post and your blog, it sounds like you'd recommend the D
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Revenge of the old Grotrians by Rich Galassini @ 12/14/14 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: joe80https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdUhLk0NpUw a beautiful sound from a Grotrian played by an absolute legend in 1983 Wow. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing joe.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: What breathing method is used when playing fast? by Dfrankjazz @ 12/14/14 06:00 PM

Breath of fire might be good for that. haha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Flourishes and Fills by pfpiano123 @ 12/14/14 05:55 PM

Thanks bennevis - I'm afraid you're over my head, but I'll watch the utube video! javascript: void(0)
Page 65 of 100 < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 99 100 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The New custom-modded VPC1 by RavenworksDesign!
by PianoManChuck
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Korg LP380 or Casio PX150 for beginner?
by SKding
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Creating schedule of lessons for next term
by Arghhh
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Deciding on Yamaha CG2 vs Kawai RX-6
by Vu Le
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Crumb's Makrokosmos Vol. II No. V Technical difficulties
by Digital Mozart
Yesterday at 08:49 PM
Forum Stats
77349 Members
42 Forums
159966 Topics
2349228 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission