Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
144 registered (accordeur, Beemer, ARpiano, Beakybird, BethRH, 36 invisible), 2328 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with Jazz by YoungNoir @ 02/16/17 11:03 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. Yeah at the moment im doing my funny valentine by ear. and my arrangements...well idk there's this lingering Chopin vibe going on so its getting used to this style change. Also where can I learn about
DMD said in a post above --- From where I sit ... You are getting way ahead of where this student is (beginner you said ?). Your role in his journey will start with where everyone starts. Learn the layout of the keyboard and relationship to notes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Grieg Concerto Cadenza - help by Jo Sen Pinho @ 02/16/17 11:02 AM

Hello! Can someone help me to chose the fingers and hands in the descending alternation of notes passage, right after the descending octaves and the chord in fff? I would be grateful!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Disaster strikes! by Goss @ 02/16/17 11:00 AM

If silicone was what worked well for this purpose, it would be factory installed. It does not and isn't ^^ Look up any manufacturer's recommendations making either product A thin film merely prevents things collecting on the surface A thicker f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha U3 by eswwong @ 02/16/17 10:53 AM

Baby grand won't fit in my house so that's not much of an option, unfortunately. Yes, I edited the original post to provide more information as suggested.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by P W Grey @ 02/16/17 10:49 AM

FWIW, isn't a copyright only valid for a certain number of years? I used to think it was 20, but maybe I am thinking of a patent. Please infcorm if anyone knows. BTW, I bought, read, and tried "the new tuning" and remember being 'not too s
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with Jazz by jjo @ 02/16/17 10:42 AM

Some thoughts: 1. You'll need to the the Real Books or (my preference), the New Real Books. Those are the lead sheets for the commonly played standards. 2. As a former classical player who now plays jazz, you'll need to re-program your brain. Jazz
So the S1 is an hp605 and the S2 is the LX7 - cosmetic differences, and 4 additional piano models - can't find the specifics, but likely these are like the FP90's additionals - modelled uprights. If the choice were HP605 or S1 I would perhaps like
Yes, I get it. So, other than a reasonable test blow, and/or a little finagling of the pin, do you have a test of some sort to "ensure" that your NSL is within the range you want? For instance, my basic test for final stability is a light
http://www.maene.be/websites/1/uploads/files/products/folder-s1-s2-roland_7-6-2016_14_13_14.pdf ah So fully modelled ^^
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with Jazz by dmd @ 02/16/17 10:32 AM

There are a number of websites that might be very helpful to you. The one I would start with if I were you is ... https://www.pianogroove.com/jazz-piano-lessons/ It gives you access to a number of FREE lessons on playing jazz standards. If you c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by Sam S @ 02/16/17 10:31 AM

Yet another wonderful recital - my first batch of comments: 01. PawelS - Moonlight Sonata Op.27 No.2 Mov.1 Such a beautiful piece - and very well played. Beethoven never guessed how much controversy there would be about the "correct" way t
Not just cosmetic - the sound engine ? Cannot find specifics, but if it is older than 2016 it will not have the Supernatural Modelling engine but the Supernatural engine ( samples )
Originally Posted By hello my name isdmd -- "How chords are formed with scale notes." Can you expand on that? I am just referring to the concept that when you see a chord symbol, you build that chord by selecting scale tones. Cmaj7 = 1,3
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by john f @ 02/16/17 10:10 AM

Is the George Shearing style, Mark Levine jazz piano book still in print and on the market? Does that book teach all about these types of scales?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by JoBert @ 02/16/17 10:03 AM

Don't all DPs sound bad through speakers if you turn down the volume? I know my Kawai CA97 does, even though I love it on speakers if they are not turned down. Even an acoustic piano sounds bad if you "turn down the volume" (inside with a m
Jump to new posts Re: Is a Roland S1 the same instrument as LX-17? by JoBert @ 02/16/17 09:50 AM

The LX17 is the next step above the LX7 (which in turn is above the HP605, at least price wise). So if S1=HP605 and S2=LX7, then assumably S3 would be =LX17 - but is there an S3? (I don't think so?) EDIT: Regarding the confusions this creates: accor
Jump to new posts Re: Disaster strikes! by Nickeldome @ 02/16/17 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsIf I might say so, silicon grease does it's job precisely because it leaves a film which is hard to get rid of. IMO that's just what you want, a thin layer of grease that is hard to get rid of? It has been working alread
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by johnstaf @ 02/16/17 09:47 AM

My first piano lesson, when I was ten, was picking out tunes like this by ear. Maybe she could try that? It might be a good introduction to playing by ear.
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Speaking Length (NSL) Tension, method and technique by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/16/17 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerMark, I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I am not suggesting that you use the quote facility instead I am suggesting that you use the reply facility of the post you are replying to. My guess is that you start a new
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Speaking Length (NSL) Tension, method and technique by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/16/17 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By P W GreyGood description. Question: At the end, are you simply taking your hammer off the pin, or are you coaxing the pin around a bit before taking it off? Any test blows at all? Pwg Depending on the technique I'm using. Th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions,advice wanted regarding some issues by Richrf @ 02/16/17 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By rocket88Originally Posted By jdwOriginally Posted By RichrfMy suggestion would be two fold: 1) Watch on YouTube artists such as Rubenstein or Lang Lang and observe how effortlessly they play. They play with an inner energy that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions,advice wanted regarding some issues by Richrf @ 02/16/17 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By jdwOriginally Posted By RichrfMy suggestion would be two fold: 1) Watch on YouTube artists such as Rubenstein or Lang Lang and observe how effortlessly they play. They play with an inner energy that you can also learn by playing
Sabinnie, I know that prices differ over the world, but hereabouts (e.g. at Thomann.de) the CA67 is currently cheaper than the HP605, the MP11 even more so (but for the latter you need to add the price of speakers if you don't want to play with headp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Two new books - so excited by Richrf @ 02/16/17 09:35 AM

The way I approach all my hobbies is to always be relaxed, hence with piano I always choose sing arrangements that are within my comfort zone and the more I repeat in a very relaxed manner the more I learn to play the instrument. My idea is to make t
Page 65 of 95 < 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 94 95 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Convolution reverb
by pinkfloydhomer
02/21/17 06:33 AM
Looking for a small MIDI controller to put on Kawai VPC1
by hag01
02/21/17 04:28 AM
Is Yamaha updating CLP series?
by mabraman
02/21/17 03:44 AM
Kids and all their activities
by Candywoman
02/21/17 12:57 AM
Bargaining tools when buying a new piano
by greg88rx
02/21/17 12:13 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,738 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,627 Topics
2,600,473 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission