Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (anamnesis, ando, beet31425, beeboss, accordeur, AZ_Astro, 17 invisible), 889 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Grand regulation is a somewhat complex and multi-faceted project some techs are really good at - while many are not. It often is "fiddly" type work few enjoy and many don't. It can be done "quickly" like setting only hammer drop
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Jansen (petite) artist bench! by Johan B @ 03/24/15 06:18 PM

Nice bench...........You'll always play better.......... Regards, Johan B
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sound difference? by Joe Garfield @ 03/24/15 06:17 PM

Definitely try headphones - it should sound a lot better.
Adult Beginners Forum
I started Book 3 at the beginning of the year and I'm now working on A Very Special Day and A Classy Rag. The first was easier than I expected but the second is a bit harder than I hoped it would be.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I can't play left hand :( by Dru Morgan @ 03/24/15 06:14 PM

"I don't have time to do it properly" is not an excuse. If you can waste your time learning hard stuff incorrectly, and then unlearn it, you have time to learn it correctly, step by step as several people here have suggested. Get the Alfr
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More praise for American teaching guru Seymour Bernstein by johnlewisgrant @ 03/24/15 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseThe film has reached Toronto in general release (one screen), and will no doubt vanish in days. I saw it last night in an empty theatre. But it's captivating, thoughtful, and kindly, like its subject. Anyone who h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with "Your Song" by Elton John by dire tonic @ 03/24/15 06:05 PM

There was nothing to do. I simply pushed Stephen's midi file through the sausage machine and....hey presto! My experience with these things is much the same as yours - the scores are usually a mess. Enjoy....
Jump to new posts Re: Fortepiano App by Digitalguy @ 03/24/15 06:01 PM

No sustain, uninstalled
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by pv88 @ 03/24/15 05:58 PM

The determining factors are in choosing a digital you like to play -- in regards to: 1) Action - how does it behave under the fingers, and do you prefer a lighter or heavier feel, and is it good with repetition of fast notes? 2) Sounds - this can b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts approx. 4300 piano improvisations by Michael Sayers @ 03/24/15 05:55 PM

Having just learned of the improvisations, I've only listened to a few of them so far. https://www.youtube.com/user/dafeneo/featured The pianist is none other than Emile Naoumoff.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: kind to tuning pins? by ulymoon @ 03/24/15 05:53 PM

That wasn't a compliment. It's true; your tuning advice is the best lesson I've ever had; it was to the point and very clear, many tuning lessons are not.
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Lester Burnham @ 03/24/15 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By Jasper E.Does anyone knows some useful notation software for Linux capable of taking MIDI input from device? I have just started with Rosegarden which seems to be a little too complex, maybe I will start like it in some weeks who
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: kind to tuning pins? by ulymoon @ 03/24/15 05:46 PM

Now, I got it. Thank you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with "Your Song" by Elton John by TheodorN @ 03/24/15 05:39 PM

Dire tonic, it looks great, you've worked wonders with the original file.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #3 by Michael Sayers @ 03/24/15 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLI will record a Grotrian in this same manor at some point to see if I can't help you find a more positive adjective than "stuffy" to describe your experience. I'll look forward to hearing it. "Stuff
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By WithindaleA question came up in the technical forum the other day about a particular piano (a newish Sauter grand) feeling heavy and tiring to play. One suggestion was to reduce the aftertouch. My question to those of you who wo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Boston vs Sauter by michaelha @ 03/24/15 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:The Boston GP178EP performance edition is $30,200. As stated by those educated on this forum, and maybe more important, by both Kawai and Steinway, these pianos have very little in common with the exception of the fa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What happened in 1980? by harpon @ 03/24/15 05:25 PM

The first golden age of mass homelessness began when people were classified as "blank pages" and got ejected from the system. I know, I was living in L.A. with my best old ex-friend Ray.......
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are Hamburg Steinways so scarce in USA? by Swarth @ 03/24/15 05:23 PM

It makes one wonder. In manufactuering widgets wholesale I want each one to be exactly like the others. When you pick up a Widgetron(tm) in China it's the same as in Canada. My question is even if they could would Steinway want every model to be exac
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA DGX-650 vs. YDP-142 Arius by rowny @ 03/24/15 05:20 PM

There's a shop in Netherlands that has it...845 EUR. Is it the same as ES100 ?
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Remote control piano by 255 @ 03/24/15 05:17 PM

Advertising spots should be erased from Earth.
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI instrument mapping on KDP-90? by Frédéric L @ 03/24/15 05:12 PM

I am not sure to have read this sort of information about other digital pianos. I suppose the best thing to do is to change the Program Change events with documented values. Then you control the way your MIDI file is rendered.
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA DGX-650 vs. YDP-142 Arius by Jasper E. @ 03/24/15 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By rownyGuys, I'm a beginner at best. All I remember is how to read notes and what a metronome is. I'm pretty sure I won't feel the difference, but I still want the best value for the money. So if it's worth the 200 EUR for YDP-162,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Watched Topics by casinitaly @ 03/24/15 05:00 PM

Frank does wish to have the previous default set up restored, he is going to talk to the developers.
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Jasper E. @ 03/24/15 04:59 PM

Does anyone knows some useful notation software for Linux capable of taking MIDI input from device? I have just started with Rosegarden which seems to be a little too complex, maybe I will start like it in some weeks who know... I am also trying Cano
Page 65 of 105 < 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 104 105 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A Visit to the Wizard's Workshop (trip report)
by phantomFive
03/29/15 03:24 AM
HELP!!! PIANO COLLEGUE REVIEW ON THESE PROGESSIONS…
by piano_primo_1
03/29/15 12:26 AM
$2600 For a 1980 Kawai KG-2C 5' 10" Grand?
by ANMiller
03/29/15 12:07 AM
Best Books for Piano Technique
by Batuhan
03/28/15 11:38 PM
Yamaha P-90 Power Issue
by JlMoriart
03/28/15 09:29 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,692 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,788 Topics
2,389,667 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission