Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
80 registered (Anne H, Anita Potter, Auver, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 22 invisible), 1249 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tastings by PattyP @ 11/19/14 08:26 PM

Very nice, Rich! Both you and Hugh are charming hosts. Keep the Piano Tasting episodes coming! edit: By the way, which of the Boesendorfers was prepared for the home? I'd say #1. It had the quintessential sound that for me is the perfect sound
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Polyphonist @ 11/19/14 08:19 PM

I just finished playing the Hammerklavier Sonata, and am therefore exhausted. (Today I played the sonatas from 23-29, leaving only the last three for the fifth day to complete the cycle.)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ohlsson at Wigmore by Damon @ 11/19/14 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus Do you realize that Ohlsson forgot more about piano playing during lunch today than you'll ever know? I can't see that this compliments Ohlsson that much, but it was funny! Maybe because of that.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by neuralfirings @ 11/19/14 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90Yes, the C Minor P & F, the D major and hopefully the E minor. I finished the C major, No. 1, but was never happy with it, that is, my playing of it. Do you have the same problem? I don't know about you, but my fugues
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ohlsson at Wigmore by BDB @ 11/19/14 08:15 PM

Nobody is required to like someone's playing just because they have a career. Think of all the people who dislike the usual suspects (LL, VL, etc.)!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: what should I learn next? by BDB @ 11/19/14 08:12 PM

This might suite you.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Recording issue by Kawai James @ 11/19/14 08:04 PM

rungabic, may I ask which version (32-bit/64-bit) of Windows 7 you are using? I have tested formatting USB sticks on a CA65 (which should use the same process as the MP11), and am still able to read the data on Windows 7. Perhaps 32-bit/64-bit is a
Thanks for the info Jack!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: what should I learn next? by hollyanderbody @ 11/19/14 07:51 PM

both! I enjoy the lyrical and impressionist style. Thanks everyone!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ohlsson at Wigmore by pianoloverus @ 11/19/14 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: HakkiHis playing is tense and uncomfortable, restricted and uninteresting, as if he is only fulfilling the requirement of a contract his manager had signed. Hard to believe this comment isn't just a joke. Do you realize that Oh
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by backto_study_piano @ 11/19/14 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusMaybe the Mason Hamlin chrome model would be to your liking. The case is traditional but the chrome plate makes it look contemporary IMO. Doesn't YAMAHA have a Chrome model now (C2X?)?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tastings by phantomFive @ 11/19/14 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: MRCI've watched all the episodes so far: fascinating. I'm happy you did the "does size matter?" one. I loved the sound of both Steinways. Maybe it's precisely the inharmonicity of the shorter strings that adds "sp
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Wow!! I'm going to have to start telling my clients to get rid of all the music cluttering up their pianos! It's just a fire waiting to happen! Probably best to just go ahead and paint all the pianos a good reflective color to be on the safe side. Pa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: November Piano Bar by Elssa @ 11/19/14 07:46 PM

Thanks again, Kenjazz.. I love your style of lush chords. I really think George Shearing doesn't get enough credit.. To me, he's the perfect combination of jazz and cocktail piano. Block Chords: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_chord "
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new baby grand is here! by michaelha @ 11/19/14 07:45 PM

Congrats Ann. Interesting to see you playing Howl's Moving Castle. I played that one too. Fun left hand - also played another from Joe Hisashi, "One Summer Day." Enjoy your new piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Buying from Kawai online by Saad @ 11/19/14 07:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for dealers.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by MilePost51 @ 11/19/14 07:30 PM

I have to admit I LIKE the New York Serenade in the link JohnSprung posted. Especially the music desk. Gary
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by Andy Platt @ 11/19/14 07:28 PM

My next 20: 31. pianonewbie1 - "Pilgrims' Chorus" One of my favorite Wagner tunes. I'm not a fan of the synth strings though I can see why you went for them here. Nice control, but difficult to hear how the phrasing of the melody was, it w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: isn't Kinderszenen great? by Louis Podesta @ 11/19/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottFriedberg's approach to Fast zu ernst is so interesting. Is he adding grace notes to the LH part? And it is definitely much slower than Clara's m.m. (although not as slow as some I've heard). Perhaps this speaks to a g
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Piano Purchase You Regret? by Markarian @ 11/19/14 07:24 PM

Slightly OT, but are there any dealers in the Seattle area that carry a good assortment of Estonia's line? I heard a demo of their new 210 and wanted to spit take. Its not often a European piano of the same size of my piano makes me feel jealous.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new baby grand is here! by Norbert @ 11/19/14 07:18 PM

Thanks Anne, very nice to hear! I'm sure your tech will love the piano: we sell quite a few of these pianos out of town, often "sight unseen". In such case,we hire techs often unfamiliar with the brand: Just yesterday I talked to a tech f
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Recording issue by rungabic @ 11/19/14 07:16 PM

I think I've about had it with the MP11's USB issues. Assuming that what appears to be a "large flash drive incompatibility issue" may not get resolved quickly (or ever), I went and bought a SanDisk Cruzer Fit 8GB drive. I really wanted to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean up the mess on the piano by Polyphonist @ 11/19/14 07:01 PM

I am pleased to report that there is nothing on mine save the music desk and the books said music desk holds.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
In case you've been laughing at me for the last comment, here's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYjVv9SyMQ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Piano Purchase You Regret? by Norbert @ 11/19/14 06:57 PM

Thanks Steve! Also: very sorry to Mark! As perhaps can remember, I have tried on several occasions to help out but have never fully understood the problem. It's something very difficult to get "long distance". Especially when involving a
Page 65 of 112 < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 111 112 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
11/24/14 12:55 AM
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
11/23/14 11:17 PM
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
11/23/14 10:41 PM
Keyboard for $500 - and software to help learn?
by Freebird308
11/23/14 09:35 PM
my struggle to learn pop piano
by carojm36
11/23/14 08:51 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159307 Topics
2340154 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission