Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
161 registered (agraffe, 8ude, acortot, ajames, accordeur, 36251, 41 invisible), 1729 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
I have a nice and expensive leather chair and ottoman. The leather was looking dry and none of the leather conditioners I tried helped at all. It's brown, not black. I used plain coconut oil on it and it made a huge difference. It soaked it up i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By johnlewisgrantAnd yet...calibrating on Verituner, running on an Asus Ultrabook, I have to set the Samson CO1U USB mic at "+.20" cents; but the Apex 220 with ICICLE XLR converter at "+.11" cents. What would ca
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai MP11 by Pedies @ 02/06/16 10:14 AM

So I changed my recording methods and recorded one more piece on my new Kawai MP11 which hopefully better demonstrates how nice I think this keyboard sounds. This is Over the Rainbow using the first piano setting when you turn the instrument on with
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three of my original ragtime pieces... by Larry G. Alexander @ 02/06/16 10:11 AM

Thanks for taking the time to listen, Mister Stephen. I just listened to your "Arabesque 1". What a talented composer and performer you are! I enjoyed your music very much. Thanks for sharing it with us. Best, Larry Alexander
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 string resonance by Bellicapelli @ 02/06/16 10:10 AM

On my ca63 every flat note resonates to the related sharp one, not just c.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Scores/Sheet Music on Kindle? by JoBert @ 02/06/16 10:07 AM

There's no native way to print a kindle ebook. So again, you would have to convert it first (again, check out Calibre for this, it's free, BTW). And if you are converting anyway: Try to convert to EPUB, which is the other big ebook format (used by ev
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recording advice needed by benjamink @ 02/06/16 10:03 AM

+1 for the putting the mic on a tripod. I think it sounds much better this way. I put the mic about 6 feet to the right side of the piano, so the open lid faces towards it. I think this sounds good for classical. As someone else mentioned, for jazz I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Toddler2 @ 02/06/16 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATL Toddler2, though it is common for turned legs to stick out past the cabinet, on this Estonia, the way they are mounted, the widest part of the leg is even with the side of the case and does not stick out. It appea
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Ear training scale degree software. by KlinkKlonk @ 02/06/16 10:02 AM

Im confused. Is that the android app? How can one use midi on ze phone? Appärently one can hook up google chrome with midi. But that's beyond my patience.
Originally Posted By johnlewisgrantTuning software documentation will tell you that you must calibrate your software against a reliable "A440" to compensate for discrepancies between actual and nominal oscillator frequency (or something alo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I used to compose, but ... by Stephen_Doonan @ 02/06/16 10:01 AM

I just wanted to mention, Hrodulf, that I'm very much enjoying listening to your rags (the MIDI files at DeviantArt). If you happen to compose anything that you would consider different in structure, style or concept from your rags and happen to have
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by johnlewisgrant @ 02/06/16 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By David JensonMicrophones simply react to frequencies. They don't change them. Better mics react to a wider frequency range with a flatter response, but that has nothing to do with changing anything. And yet...calibrating on Veri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please help with new piano purchase by JoBert @ 02/06/16 09:46 AM

If you mean the Yamaha hybrids N1, N2, N3 (with grand action) and NU1 (with upright action). They are essentially digital pianos but with "real" acoustic actions (either grand or upright) instead of one of the various custom designed action
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three of my original ragtime pieces... by Stephen_Doonan @ 02/06/16 09:38 AM

I like all three of these rags very much, Larry, with a particular fondness for Rugrat and Recycle. Much of your work has very strong, inventive and impressive bass lines and harmonic underpinning, and I love the very creative ending sections you giv
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by JoBert @ 02/06/16 09:32 AM

Maybe of interest to you, since there are no English reviews I could see: All the German language customer reviews (both for the leather version and the otherwise identical artificial leather and fabric versions) agree that this is a first rate bench
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please help with new piano purchase by BethRose @ 02/06/16 09:28 AM

Thanks for the advice so far everyone! I'm going to start by looking at the piano guide since I know nothing. I've had another look at the room and if I rearrange things I can possibly fit an upright on another wall if it is 56" wide (which my g
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method? by Palmpirate @ 02/06/16 09:27 AM

Thanks Laguna_greg, I checked back to Happypianomuse and found her information very interesting. Happily I expect I am only filling in for a while until my grandkids can get a spot with my teacher and he can do the more formal teaching. I will be mor
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Little fugue for string quartet (original) by Stephen_Doonan @ 02/06/16 09:21 AM

I enjoyed listening to your short fugue. It's very nice. However, I find the whole concept of a fugue very daunting and have never tried it myself. It seems as though a simplest fugue would be to settle on a particular chord structure and then compos
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Scores/Sheet Music on Kindle? by newbert @ 02/06/16 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By Groove OnKindle songbooks and sheet music have been a big disappointment. ... wait did I say 'big'? I meant to say a HUGE disappointment. The Kindle format is broken when it comes to music. It handles scores as a graphic that scr
Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By Blues beater I see the full gamut of DYI in the field of automotive mechanics. There are those that are doomed to make a mess, but there are also those who perform repairs every bit as well as a pro
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by siros @ 02/06/16 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By sirosAndo, out of curiosity. Do you remember which piano preset did you try on RD-800? I tried all of the factory presets. Mainly played the concert grand and the mellow grand. I think there was studio
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by Ataru074 @ 02/06/16 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By dogpersonOriginally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By dogpersonJansen has a reasonably priced, imported bench http://www.jansenpianobenches.com/blackpianobench.html Did you look at this one first? Just curious, because the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by JoBert @ 02/06/16 09:01 AM

What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor <Recording> (arranged by Jan Koláček)Greensleeves <Recording> (arranged by Jan Koláček)Träumerei <Recording> (by Robert Schumann, No. 7 in Kinderszenen, Op. 15)El Condor Pasa <Recordi
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Fantasy In E Minor" by Larry G. Alexander @ 02/06/16 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By Stephen_DoonanAlthough the infectious rhythm is rather regular (with a few very interesting surprises), it's hard to tell where the melody and harmony is going to go next, which makes the piece very interesting. It has the relent
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three of my original ragtime pieces... by Larry G. Alexander @ 02/06/16 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By HrodulfThe first one was good because there was some contrast between the a and b strains. Also you should try writing more strains and exploring relations between them. Also you should get out of your comfort area and try diff
Page 65 of 90 < 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 89 90 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Introduction! Hello!
by Jen Weir
02/11/16 02:01 PM
I did it! Bought a Yamaha N2 and LOVE it!
by Avantkey
02/11/16 01:22 PM
I don't know what to play?!?!?!
by Eliturbo
02/11/16 12:24 PM
Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH?
by Amsterdampianist
02/11/16 06:51 AM
Assistance with reading structure
by imustlearn
02/11/16 03:49 AM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,409 Topics
2,494,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission