Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
193 registered (accordeur, ADS63, 36251, 44 invisible), 1751 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 4 Hz Pitch Raise in One Pass! by Dave B @ 01/25/15 02:58 PM

Both strip and completed unisons have their pros and both offer very clear information on how the board is moving. For example I start with the strip, use an A3 - A4 temperament, and then tune wide octaves from A4 - A5. Then retune (still just center
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by griffin2417 @ 01/25/15 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90Memorising the Fantasia can be done a number of ways, to fermatas or tempo changes, for example. Would you take the Prestos as separate sections or use them as heads or tails? Are you listening to recordings or singing th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Barenboim discusses how to listen to music by wouter79 @ 01/25/15 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: wouter79I think this is his message. Originally Posted By: Barenboimyou have to have the will to attach yourself to the music, and then you will fly to it. Once you have learned to give yourself
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by TonyB @ 01/25/15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: AkudenSo I just completed C major. I can do it with both hands. Not together. I don't even know if you do it together. I just got my piano two days ago and had never played a piano before. I'm going to continue working on it for
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audience members in and out during performance! by missbelle @ 01/25/15 02:43 PM

http://colorinmypiano.com/2010/04/29/just-added-performing-at-the-piano-worksheet/ I give that worksheet to all my students, and tell them there is a prize for completing it. The prize is a piece of candy or a special sticker, but most do it. The
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Jytte @ 01/25/15 02:43 PM

Akuden, congratulations, well done. Yes, you do do the scales HT (hands together) but not right away. Playing HT is something you build slowly. It is important though that you develop both hands equally, and that's exactly what you are doing it seems
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Valencia @ 01/25/15 02:38 PM

Hi Everyone, I really want to get back to posting here. My practicing is all over the place atm which is frustrating. My two Schumann pieces for the recital in March are quite terrible. One is pretty much memorized (Op. 6 No. 10) though there are
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Akuden @ 01/25/15 02:35 PM

So I just completed C major. I can do it with both hands. Not together. I don't even know if you do it together. I just got my piano two days ago and had never played a piano before. I'm going to continue working on it for the next few days but . . .
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Firmware 1.13 update for Casio PX-5S by TonyB @ 01/25/15 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: OneWattOriginally Posted By: TonyBApparently, last October, Casio released a firmware update for the PX-5S stage keyboard. Mine currently has 1.12. Has anybody done the update? Any problems or noticeable improvements? Readin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by 255 @ 01/25/15 02:26 PM

How can you ask "how long"? Even after you got a diploma you are supposed to take lessons from professionals so they can teach you more. E.g. getting lessons from a Chopin expert so you'll play Chopin better.
I agree, since the MP7 I would like to see an update to ES7. But instead of replacing the ES7 with a successor, how about adding an ES11 to the product range?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering of practice routine by ShannonG @ 01/25/15 02:12 PM

I am terrible in that I don't do exercises or drills; I just play songs I like. My practice time tends to be in the evening after my daughter goes to bed as it's the only time of day I have entirely for myself. I play whatever songs catch my inter
Jump to new posts Re: Firmware 1.13 update for Casio PX-5S by OneWatt @ 01/25/15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyBApparently, last October, Casio released a firmware update for the PX-5S stage keyboard. Mine currently has 1.12. Has anybody done the update? Any problems or noticeable improvements? Reading the log, I am not sure that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ 01/25/15 02:02 PM

25 january Today played on my 'emergency' keyboard, waiting for my new KawaiCA95.... Cimaroso, Hummel, Beethoven......non weighted...arghhh........some better in harpsichord-modus......... In churchorgan-modus.....Some of the eight small Prealudia
Ellie, Your realizing the separation between the performer and the listener. The performer can never really know exactly how the sound is projecting. Talk to singers. There are times they can't hear themselves and only feel a buzz in the front of the
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Jason74Originally Posted By: turandotOriginally Posted By: berlitzpiano I am not very familiar with the AF- I know Larry Fine places the AF on par with the Grotrian, and both pianos (provided they are in good condition) are 15
Jump to new posts Re: CHAS for Dummies by alfredo capurso @ 01/25/15 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Kent SwaffordOriginally Posted By: alfredo capurso Kent, You mention 43rd root of 12 and say: ..."The C3-G4 12th will beat the same as the G4-G6 double-octave." Would you say that those checks are useful, do you make
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Dilemma by carey @ 01/25/15 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bleakYes, I'm sure the dealer will accept a trade-in, but I don't think I want to take that much of a loss. And of course I need to see how the C7 turns out, whether I decide to keep it or not. You are wise to wait. There will
Jump to new posts Re: The new VAX MIDI Keyboard Controller by dewster @ 01/25/15 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottI'm intrigued by a low-cost design that minimizes pushback, which is my problem with so many actions. Pushback is something my wife always comments on re. DP keyboards, the lack of real escapement. Outside of retro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Steinway Player by Steve617 @ 01/25/15 01:49 PM

Locally advertised is a Steinway Player piano sn#196852. Listed in fair condition. States the player does not work. Just curious if this is worth much value. Its listed pretty cheap but also probably needs a lot of work. thanks
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yamaha U1A too old? by Jason74 @ 01/25/15 01:39 PM

I have a 1975 Yamaha U1, and based on 10 years of owning it, I'd say that no, a late 80s U1 is not too old, assuming it's in good all round condition. A good used U1 is imho a very good choice at their price point, and gets you a lot more piano for t
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by OneWatt @ 01/25/15 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: voxpopsOriginally Posted By: lophiomys MP7 v1.10 - Octave Shift from Synth Pad1 affects Concert Grand (CG) Yet another bug. I haven't tried this particular operation yet, but I've noticed right from the days of the original fir
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by malkin @ 01/25/15 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Stubbie...The frustrating truth is you will never "get there." There is always more to learn... For me, that's the good news!
Pianist Corner
I have an idea. Learn Bach and Mozart.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by Stubbie @ 01/25/15 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: eighty80eights8sHello all, I have been taking weekly hour-long lessons for 2 years now. I am retired so I have the luxury of practicing 3 hours a day. My teacher is awesome, very strict with regards to proper technique. I have
Page 66 of 115 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 114 115 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
yamaha u1 or u3 help!?
by ymaeel
17 minutes 14 seconds ago
AcustiX Steinway Piano III review
by xplorr
Today at 12:22 PM
Yamaha CLP 535 - opinions
by Kerrrmit
Today at 11:57 AM
Got my Valley Gem piano free!
by Bama4us
Today at 11:50 AM
NAMM Show 2015 - Follow Up Reports
by Piano World
Today at 11:42 AM
Forum Stats
77915 Members
42 Forums
161025 Topics
2365513 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission