Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Most of you all missing the point, and insinuating that i am mistaking "playing to my full potential" with "playing well". i understand that, but i am talking about making the pieces I know already sing true to the nobility it de
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Finger "Tapes": Purpose? by CleverName @ 07/27/14 10:56 PM

I've only seen them on young folks practicing, never in performance, and never on anyone older. I don't have anything like these, and I don't know anyone who uses them. i.e.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ_-BoKAmM8, around 7:00 in, or http://www
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by Polyphonist @ 07/27/14 10:55 PM

Interesting that interest in D major is being expressed, when I in fact think of it as my least favorite key.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 07/27/14 10:52 PM

No problem. I am also using the Accelerated PA for Older Beginners as well, which IMHO works better for me personally than the other "all-in-one" books for adults Even though I did have some lessons over 25 years ago, my teacher decided 1
Adult Beginners Forum
It will be different but not something you cannot overcome in a short time.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by AZ_Astro @ 07/27/14 10:35 PM

Wow - looks really nice! Congrats!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Accessories needed for grand pianos. by BDB @ 07/27/14 10:26 PM

You need to get over it. A piano is not a piano until there are lots of fingernail marks on the nameboard!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Composition Competition 2014 by Steve Chandler @ 07/27/14 10:23 PM

I thought I'd bump this thread since I've finished and recorded my piece and need to remember how to submit it. Do we still need to submit the score in musicXML or will a pdf do?
Piano Forum
FYI. Here is the picture of the SP 113E
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Camp by myip @ 07/27/14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: malkinIdyllwild Arts has a 2 week summer piano workshop for kids 9-12. http://www.idyllwildarts.org/ My child won 3 place in American Protege. Is this a good program for her? I am worried that it may be too easy for her. Do
Piano Forum
Thank you for the reply. We went back again to the store today and made specific comparison between the K300 new and the SP 113. The tone just seem to be so sweet on the SP and the touch on the SP also felt more "natural" we can strike a n
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by argerichfan @ 07/27/14 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve Peterson Have you read the Biography by Schonberg? I recently read it, and found it to be one of the most compelling biographies I've read. Curious to read that sometime. I am about to embark on Neil Powell's bio of
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: catersrecorders can play 3 octaves not 2. A top recorder player with an advanced quality recorder can manage to play somewhat beyond the 2nd octave. But in general, the range does not go that high. Can you yourself reach 3 oc
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos by WilliamTruitt @ 07/27/14 10:06 PM

Most recently, I have been getting my hammers from Ronsen using the Weikert felt, with the low profile David Love variation. The best sounding and consistent hammers I have used, not the humongousoidal Weikert felt hammers with megatons of felt on t
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by RonTuner @ 07/27/14 10:06 PM

The www.rollingball.com site has the updated Koval temperament graphs. I needed to clear my cache using Chrome to see the update. Otherwise, I got an error message. Other browsers may handle it better... Ron Koval
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by Retsacnal @ 07/27/14 10:02 PM

Speaking of neurotic, I'm surprised you're going to install a humidity control system within the piano since Steinway does not recommend them. I've always been a little skeptical about these systems. I suspect they are effectively no different tha
Originally Posted By: BDBI use a hand coiler. I hold the tuning pin in my hand and turn it with a crank, and it makes a coil! 'Works like a charm, and doesn't cost much. I look for the stupidest tuning pin in the box and use that one for my "du
Adult Beginners Forum
MandyD, several years ago a guy named AW2PP (AlwaysWantedToPlayPiano) was taking lessons with his daughter (also somewhere around 8 years old), and I think the daughter played in two of the recitals. I don't know if they bent the rules for him or wh
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Jon Page @ 07/27/14 09:28 PM

Ron's temperament series groups different strength temperaments in a nice package. I only have the offsets for KVEW but would like to try the rest at some point. All of my customers who delved into the WT waters migrated to a narrower difference betw
Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittYou must be starting with overlong hammers anyway, since you are adding 4 or 5 mm to the bore.I just make the hammers myself--it makes it a lot easier to get what I want. This also allows me to shape the hammer core
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This sounds like Satie? by hreichgott @ 07/27/14 09:24 PM

I kinda see what the person means about Satie (try the Gnossiennes) but basically this piece is structured like pop music: repetitive broken chord figuration in a repeating chord progression, with increasing liberties taken in the melodic voice. Mayb
Pianist Corner
Historically informed performers do play this music more extemporaneously.
Pianist Corner
The Hungarian Rhapsody can be a lot of things. The Toccata is just really really hard. (Both are pieces I'd like to learn sometime in the next 10 years. The Hungarian Rhapsody is only delayed because I just haven't gotten to it yet. Toccata is delay
I use a hand coiler. I hold the tuning pin in my hand and turn it with a crank, and it makes a coil!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Well, I did it again... by Rickster @ 07/27/14 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: davidglennCongratulations RICK on owning such a great looking piano! I'm sure it sounds great also! It's beautiful. Thanks, David! Judging from your sig-line, you've got a nice assortment of really nice pianos yourself! I
Page 66 of 112 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 111 112 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
120 registered (Acevle, Abby Pianoman, accordeur, a-z0-9, 37 invisible), 1429 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156323 Topics
2295837 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Connected Slurs
by TX-Bluebonnet
8 minutes 0 seconds ago
Recital 35 --- Call For Submissions
by AB Forum Recital
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Hoping for some suggestions/starting point for home keyboard
by Kubla
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Brass
by Retsacnal
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
Old Wurlitzer (circa 1940s) baby grand, Worth Picking Up?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission