Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (beet31425, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 27 invisible), 1150 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianorigami@wr You are right in that I misread your initial post, but I still think it is a dumb idea to avoid performing such works in more-public settings. To learn how to play well to an audience such demanding works as the Be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by EM Deeka @ 02/28/15 07:54 AM

Shey, You might have seen the earlier post by 8_octaves, where the offer to help with Fundamental Keys was posted. Just post the edition and page to describe the correct page. Maybe you could start a new topic here to start the support disc
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: USB Audio interface for digital piano recording by WeeFeeri @ 02/28/15 07:52 AM

Thanks for the reply. Im planning to buy the duo capture and an hq 3.5 jack cable as well. Now i record using my motherboards line in. its not ba quality but not loud enough. with the duo capture i will be able to record in greater quality, will i? -
You just defined the difference between an acoustic and a digital. Some would regard it as a shortcoming (there have been noises about reducing resonances in some top end grands) But I would agree the pedal controls this, and it`s part of the packa
In general you want to jack up the damper resonance. Increasing the key resonance should help to, but the effect is more subtle (in real life) so it will have less of an impact. Out of the box, the RD-700NX presets need gobs more damper resonance
Indeed, that has come up here often. People are enjoying the stereo effect of the amp for Leslie effect with organs. And it sounds nice on piano, but not enough low end without a sub. Generally speaking, most here would recommend a powered PA spea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What can I do to eliminate "Pupil/Master" fear? by Ataru074 @ 02/28/15 07:40 AM

Same city, same teacher rate.... I had the same issue, the first few lesson with my actual teacher I was intimidated and I did struggle making progress for a couple of months... I was just too much self conscious about my mistakes that all I was thin
Jump to new posts Re: USB Audio interface for digital piano recording by ElmerJFudd @ 02/28/15 07:38 AM

The Duo Capture Mk2 is Mac, PC, and iOS compatible (with camera connection kit). It has stereo mini jack in, and your Roland digital piano has stereo mini jack output. Looks like a decent choice, all you need is a single stereo mini to stereo mini
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Broken wound string, restring by David Jenson @ 02/28/15 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By bellspianoMax, you asked what technicians thought of your repair. If you only wanted to hear from people who thought you were brilliant or ingenious, you should have said so, and then people could decide whether their time was us
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai's, Virtual Technician and "piano rumble" by Bellicapelli @ 02/28/15 07:34 AM

@beemer Yes, i know. But if it somehow can be sampled, it could be reproduced. Even my hifi has no spruce soundboard or wooden cabinet, but it can reproduce it nicely. Problem is how do you record it, if it actually generates and grows *after
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai's, Virtual Technician and "piano rumble" by Bellicapelli @ 02/28/15 07:27 AM

Why should one want it? Well, i guess short answer is "because acoustics have it, and if a digital has to mimic, they should have it too". Long answer is, this effect is not to be compared to manure's smell, it actually is desira
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Human and mould playing a piano by maurus @ 02/28/15 07:21 AM

Interesting Rich - thanks for pointing to that earlier development. Here interaction goes both ways: The electromagnets also pick up what the pianist plays, transfer this signal to the organisms and bring their response back to the piano strings. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by barbaram @ 02/28/15 07:18 AM

And I'm up to three - inspired by Mom3Gram to do an Irish piece ahead of St Patrick's Day: 1. Pam Wedgwood "Take it from here", from "Jazzin' About" 2. Schumann Op 68 no1 : Melody from Album for the Young 3. Raglan Road (aka The
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by WillMedic @ 02/28/15 07:15 AM

Apologies made an error with my price comparison earlier, from same retailer CN25- £1028 (best price) CN35- £1256 (best functions) CS4- £1409 (best finish and integration of 2 way speakers with cabinet) CA15- £1499 (wooden keys and Grand feel)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price for Yamaha GC1 by BrianDX @ 02/28/15 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By ppuff211Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have been reading through the archives. What a wealth of information! I have a few questions: (1) I was quoted around $17,800 (down from $23k "retail") for a Yamaha GC1. I
Jump to new posts USB Audio interface for digital piano recording by WeeFeeri @ 02/28/15 07:08 AM

Hi all, I have a roland rp401r and i want to record my performances in good quality but i dont want to spend much money for a recording device. I dont want to use VSTi softwares just capture the original sound. Can you suggest something good below 1
Originally Posted By Lester BurnhamYou're missing the point - only people obsessing about things in forums are likely going to care whether the absolute, correct and pedantic term is being used. Nobody cares. For tagging a video you use ALL terms, so
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by LarryShone @ 02/28/15 06:54 AM

Here's another piece I came up with. This time I used the chorus setting and played with damper pedal throughout.
Pianist Corner
Quote: [Mr. Arnalds says] And why would a good classical piano sound naturally have to be the silvery, brilliant concert grand sound that we have on classical recordings today, while we know that the pianos of the 19th century sounded so very differe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Human and mould playing a piano by Rich Galassini @ 02/28/15 06:47 AM

This seems to be an extension of the MRP, or magnetic resonator piano that was developed here in Philadelphia a few years back. There are no organisms being used here though: http://music.ece.drexel.edu/research/mrp It plays the piano using magneti
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By pianoman9 The count IS the beat! It isn't. Beats counting are worthless without time intervals between them, but "one-two-three-four" do not fill the time. "Taka- tuku "- yes !.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Approaching Jazz Chords by beeboss @ 02/28/15 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By gracegren What I cannot really understand is why the several method books, and even the one online program I tried for awhile, seem so focused on playing ii v i or anything using the root. Not much seems to be devoted to rootle
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ 02/28/15 06:15 AM

ATOW - not sure, my teacher is trying to talk me into to starting a grade 7 piece and I am resisting. Oh how the tide has turned.
Jump to new posts Re: 32 Ohm, 80 Ohm or 250 Ohm? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/28/15 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerOriginally Posted By KawaifanOk, an impedance between 30 and 40 Ohm it will be. Now about the frequency. This Beyerdynamic has a frequency range between 5Hz and 35KHz.....I am also interested in the ATH M50X with nearly the
Originally Posted By BellicapelliHello, was wondering about what can be done, and how far it is possible to tweak the tone of kawai digital pianos using virtual technician, especially regarding cn25, cn35,cs4 and ca15. The aspects which interest me
Page 66 of 117 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 116 117 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 3/3/15
by Dfrankjazz
03/04/15 12:34 AM
Practice Rooms: Steinway Uprights vs. Cheaper Grands
by Bassano
03/03/15 11:36 PM
Super Mario Piano Medley - Yamaha CP4
by VikaKim
03/03/15 08:57 PM
Short announcement: Sauter pianos
by Norbert
03/03/15 08:50 PM
I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it.
by VikaKim
03/03/15 08:49 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,055 Topics
2,379,415 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission