Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
77 registered (brindle, Andre campana, bennevis, Benvolio, 19 invisible), 892 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another Riddle by Damon @ 05/17/15 09:39 PM

Is it written for piano specifically?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going Independent by oldbegonia @ 05/17/15 09:35 PM

What sort of risks do I need to be aware of when I up and quit my job in order to do something I love? What sort of things do I need to know? I want to respond to these two questions specifically. But first I feel I should introduce myself, so you u
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K200 Sustain pedal problem by Ben_NZ @ 05/17/15 09:30 PM

Slight thread hijack here, but still related to Kawai sustain mechanisms. I'm having problems in my K-500 with squeaking from one of the four plastic / nylon pivot bushings that support the rail which raises the dampers away from the strings. I've h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How not to sell a piano... by walkingblind @ 05/17/15 09:21 PM

The only answer she would give when I asked why I couldn't try it out was that it was new and not to be played. End of story. Didn't seem to matter that I was a potential buyer. It was a work day that day, but I was dressed respectably I felt for
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-800 vs Nord Piano 2 HA88 vs Yamaha CP4 by Kawai James @ 05/17/15 09:01 PM

Yes, the MP11 has the best action out of the lot, but is heavier than the OP's current board at 71 lbs. The MP7 is lighter at 46 lbs., with an action superior to the NP2, and on par with that of the RD800 and CP4. However, the organ-related feature
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need string sizes on Estonia 190 by BDB @ 05/17/15 08:56 PM

I suggest that you send an email to the factory to get the original wire gauges.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein B208 or Schimmel K230 by backto_study_piano @ 05/17/15 08:55 PM

Welcome. I don't know which models of Bechstein I played about 4-5 yrs ago, they were both smaller than the B208. But what I did notice was a pronounced string break - though neither piano was well prepared (nor anything else in the store). It may
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Music and Mathematics Relate by yhc @ 05/17/15 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By Roland The BeagleThe book Godel, Escher, Bach by Douglas R. Hofstadter ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUHQ2ybTejU Fun little movie on this idea. Thanks for the video, I thoroughly enjoy it and it piques my interests to f
Jump to new posts Re: Need string sizes on Estonia 190 by sunslight @ 05/17/15 08:50 PM

thanks Craig. This helps a lot. The piano I am working on is sN 6126. The area from e3-c4 was restrung with puresound wire to help with bad partials. It did a good job but now the wire is breaking. I want to try the original sizes again but there a
Great stuff. I'm confident you have made the correct decision. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 05/17/15 08:44 PM

armani, if you have any queries related to the MP7's operation, please feel free to raise them in this thread. I'll try to respond to the best of my ability, and I'm sure other MP7 users will be happy to provide assistance also. Thank you for your
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another Riddle by carey @ 05/17/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi, Tony! The only composer that comes to mind for me is very late Franz Liszt -- some of his last works were VERY spare and ascetic; and this particular piece seems like late 19th century "choices" in h
Jump to new posts Re: Question About Kawai VPC-1 Action by Kawai James @ 05/17/15 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By BachusNever got my hands on the VPC1, but i think it has the exact same action as the MP11... No. MP11=Grand Feel (1). VPC1=RM3 II Yes, they are similar but not the same. Those who have played both th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K200 Sustain pedal problem by KawaiDon @ 05/17/15 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear you had this problem. This is a known issue with some K-200 pianos. A supplier modified the material for a pedal rod end without telling Kawai, and they are not strong enough. This is a warranty problem, and the part will be replaced
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-800 vs Nord Piano 2 HA88 vs Yamaha CP4 by fizikisto @ 05/17/15 08:34 PM

petes1, The MP11 is undeniably a great board, but it does not meet the OP's requirements for weight/portability. The MP11 is a beast. With that being said, the kawai MP7 is also an excellent piano and might be a worthy choice for considerat
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by rysowers @ 05/17/15 08:31 PM

Where do people get these ideas!! I guess its a variation on the "upright grand" concept. Very funny!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-800 vs Nord Piano 2 HA88 vs Yamaha CP4 by ElmerJFudd @ 05/17/15 08:30 PM

The CP4 is more comparable to the RD800 in many ways. The action is heavier like a grand piano, I think maybe slightly shallower so maybe a fraction of a hair faster, but the feeling of escapement is not as realistic, actually I wonder if the NW-GH
Jump to new posts Re: Roland hp506 and dp90se - advices needed by Kawai James @ 05/17/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By garywong0923My concern is only the piano action, piano sound, speakers. May I ask if you have tried Yamaha or Kawai instruments in the same/similar price range? Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talking someone into taking up piano by bennevis @ 05/17/15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By Stubbie The honesty part can be discouraging, but it's important for people to hear and give some thought to. Better to come to terms with that early on than go the quit-at-three-months route. I well remember one person who
I love my RD800 and consider it one of the best purchases that I've ever made of any kind, but having said that, I'm going to muddy your waters and recommend that you not neglect the Kawai MP11 as it seems to hit your targets well. It has one of the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why shut down the Petrof thread? by master88er @ 05/17/15 08:21 PM

,Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By phackeOriginally Posted By master88er[the Pianobuyer rating structure, in positioning pianos more by their relative price than their quality, has pushed over-pricing to the extreme. This is i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carl Nielsen Chaconne Score by wr @ 05/17/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By pianorigamiThank-you. Of course I saw the IMSLP! And, in fact, I *did* search! But I could not find the Wilhelm Hansen edition... I found the Danish website where it should've been, but for some reason, I couldn't find it. So,
Jump to new posts Re: Help a beginner choose a digital piano by Sand Tiger @ 05/17/15 08:19 PM

Those are all decent choices. It is largely a matter of personal preference. All those brands are well represented in the prices paid thread near the top of this forum. A beginner may not have a well informed opinion. So maybe decide based on viscer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Site by EM Deeka @ 05/17/15 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By fizikistoRachel has finished the videos for volume 1 of fundamental keys. Hopefully now that she has the process of getting them made figured out, she'll be able to get volumes 2 and 3 (and their associated videos) out with a mo
Pianist Corner
Gieseking.
Page 66 of 106 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 105 106 >
Trade Regrets - Gary Burgett
A tribute to Gary Burgett 1950-2015 one of the founders of PianoDisc and Mason & Hamlin. RIP Gary
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
J. P. Schiedmayer, G 314
by Man
05/22/15 01:41 AM
First day at piano camp
by TwoSnowflakes
05/22/15 12:07 AM
New GEAR alert!
by Jay Roland
05/21/15 10:00 PM
John Thompson's Modern Course
by TheGift
05/21/15 06:32 PM
Few questions from a beginner.
by praisethesun
05/21/15 05:00 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,367 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,236 Topics
2,409,053 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission