Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (accordeur, aesop, anotherscott, armani, 31 invisible), 1307 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By HuiChinnyIs anyone here looking at simple piano sheets online to practice as well? I came across a site where they give some simple scores for sight-reading practice. Really gotta practice more on my sight-reading! Yeh, I scour
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new 1917 Bluthner by joe80 @ 04/20/15 06:46 AM

hai visto il tuo nuovo style 7 Bellicapelli? Si, i prezzi qui sono molto caro, ma quando io avuto il mio pianoforte restaurato, non era troppo caro - era meno caro che un nuovo Yamaha C1...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano by Celdor @ 04/20/15 06:42 AM

Spoiler ContentThen, crochets are played 1/2 time sooner than a regular beat and an accent, at least for me, is switched to the second note (crochet) instead of the first note. Or: Spoiler ContentThe accent is shifted to the second note (crochet).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by Beth_Frances @ 04/20/15 06:40 AM

Northern NSW is my favourite place to go camping. There are so many beautiful little spots there. This bookshop in Tyalgum has to be one of the cutest bookshops in Australia: https://theorpheumbookshop.wordpress.com/gallery/ I grew up in Tasmania
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by keystring @ 04/20/15 06:38 AM

Since the comment about assumptions is headed "re keystring" I assume that only I was meant, and not Currawong, and that it dealt with my statement that the OP is a teacher. I wasn't going to bother to respond. I don't go off half cocked a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by sinophilia @ 04/20/15 06:37 AM

Originally Posted By Anne HI feel bad complaining - I work at home and I don't have kids, so I feel like this should be easy. I'm the same and no, it's not easy! I think the worst part is the perfectionist tendencies. As you can see from the video
Piano Forum
Markarian, acoustic treatment is usually done to avoid excessive echo and standing waves FROM A POINT OF LISTENING. How much is this, that's upon circumstances, though there are some typical measures taken as a reference which are easily avaliable vi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by earlofmar @ 04/20/15 06:10 AM

“Beautiful one day perfect the next"...Queensland motto "God's Country"....unofficial New South Wales motto (even although it has been raining all day)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor by Cade @ 04/20/15 06:10 AM

Hello, I've been going through a lot of jazz tutorials lately too & wanted to say thank you to Dave Frank as well. You have a great talent for humanizing the jazz lessons that I appreciate, and your humor is part of it. I lived 6 or 7 years in NY
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by currawong @ 04/20/15 06:07 AM

I try to translate and use the quarter-note stuff here, but I stick to the Aussie/UK English spelling.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by earlofmar @ 04/20/15 06:05 AM

I also work (although now it is part time) mostly from home and with no kids so it should be easy...or should it. No is the answer, for the more time you have as an adult the more you are likely to fill it with career or personal activities. I must
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed by wimpiano @ 04/20/15 06:03 AM

I think it would only work if it is high enough and the holes are only on the top.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CUBASE by lolatu @ 04/20/15 06:00 AM

If replacing the unit with a new one fixed it, that would indicate a hardware problem. But then you wouldn't expect it to have worked with Pianoteq standalone. Weird. Anyway, glad it's working now. Cubase is a very powerful tool, and the free "A
And while we're on the subject of controllers, I'd have expected by now a much more well developed array of control interfaces than the tired old keys-and-two-wheel formats. Those are essential and work well enough. But it wouldn't cost them much t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Tim, Obviously any piece of instrumental music can be seen/heard as "absolute music" and in all honesty this is correct. However, I am hoping that by giving a specific title (other than "Tocatta in whatever tonality") and a backd
Piano Forum
The piano sounds good but it sounds like it has been voiced for a larger space. It has a lot of projection in it. I would take Keith's suggestion of having a deep toning done. My piano was voiced to an incredibly mellow tone that almost lost the cl
James, the NP-11 etc would be a cheap, easily obtainable solution, but it'd be far from ideal. If I'm going to the trouble of getting a replacement controller, it would, as I said in the OP, preferably have: reasonable keyboard [though not piano typ
Jump to new posts Re: CUBASE by RaggedKeyPresser @ 04/20/15 05:34 AM

When everything else fails, read the manual!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by ando @ 04/20/15 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By twocats I also played a used Shigeru Kawai SK5. It was in a very small living room, with the opening up against the window. The owner said that he usually plays with the lid closed since the sound is so big, but I went ahead a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed by ando @ 04/20/15 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By Phil GreenoughI think Eric Gloo and Ando may have come up with the solution, would this work? The cover sits directly in front of the radiator, it looks as though it would dissipate the heat. Phil You'll know if it's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A revelation on uprights by joe80 @ 04/20/15 05:26 AM

Jason I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding the market. For those pianists who need the very best, and are on a space/budget constraint (which is common in European urban areas), then nothing less than the best they can afford will do. I'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by michaelha @ 04/20/15 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By twocats Hi Ed, actually, I don't dislike the tone of my piano. It's quite sweet and lively, though after playing many more (expensive) pianos, I've come to appreciate the more complex and rich tones that some others have. Thoug
Adult Beginners Forum
Sign-up List: Leigh Harline - "When You Wish Upon a Star" - 1940 - Sam S Harold Arlen and E. Harburg - "Over the Rainbow" - SwissMS Bent Fabricius-Bjerre - "Matador" - Jytte (this is written 1978, but as a 1930s tune for
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by bennevis @ 04/20/15 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By currawongin fact I'd hardly heard the term "method book" at all until I came to PW. Same here . I've had to, er, modify my English since coming on PW. No hemidemisemiquavers, just some awkward fraction (and the us
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anne H @ 04/20/15 04:58 AM

Alright everyone, I need some help/advice. I've gotten stuck on parts of this challenge, but it's more being stuck in a bad work/life balance right now. I work at home, but I run my own business which involves client all over the world (for example,
Page 66 of 90 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 89 90 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why American sound is different from European & Asian sound
by hoola
37 minutes 35 seconds ago
another "what to buy" question!
by StephS
Today at 07:24 PM
Books on improvisation
by haakonsb
Today at 05:22 PM
Help with Weinbach 124 made in czech republic
by dominic70s
Today at 04:44 PM
Clavinova's escapement simulation
by pv88
Today at 04:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,019 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,509 Topics
2,399,371 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission