Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
149 registered (AjLongsPiano, accordeur, anamnesis, AmandaH, 42 invisible), 1482 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Olek @ 08/30/15 08:23 AM

the customers I showed how to do , they do not, in the end, most of the time. But I am lucky enough to provide long stability so the unison rarely go out of tune to the point they are highly annoying. In fact they noticed it was not worth, even if
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By AndrewJCWI'd imagine it's because it's software that's designed to run on a modern computer running a consumer operating system. Hence you wouldn't ever be able to make a keyboard that was cost competitive because you'd essential
Adult Beginners Forum
Brian. Not sure if this is too basic...if so, I apologize. Flats and sharps and naturals that appear in the body of the score (as opposed to in the key signature) are called "accidentals." If you look at the score pdf in measure 24 you wi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB AMUSA EXAM by boo1234 @ 08/30/15 08:20 AM

Just my opinion, but if youre playing the repeats in the second movement, you should defintely do it for at least the exposition of the first. I am never a fan of playing the second repeat in the first movement of a classical sonanta. To me, once y
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Withindale @ 08/30/15 08:19 AM

Here is a current technicians' thread about tuning the strings in a unison: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2455012 It covers what's been said here and more ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it OK to dance on your piano lid? by Olek @ 08/30/15 08:13 AM

not with taps A friend rented a grand to a comic artist that have a pronunciation defect (and play 3 chords on a piano) one of his sketches he his sputtering heavily (emphasis provided by the adequate light behind him) that dumb ass... did not m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Hands shaking by Shepard @ 08/30/15 08:12 AM

So yesterday I tried to play piano in a hotel where I'm staying atm and I failed because my hands were shaking. I never played in public before and it was my first experience, didn't expect I'd be so nervous that I couldn't concentrate and control my
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II as an inboard sound on a portable DP by MossySF @ 08/30/15 08:06 AM

Embedding a computer inside a DP is easy. Embedding a computer without PC hardware/sofware's poor reliability, slow startup time, high vulnerability to hackers -- that's a much more expensive to solve.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By HineFizikisto, I just watched the free introductory videos on InstantPianoGenius.com – it looks great! How long have you been a member for? Is it suitable for true beginners, or better once I have some experience? It's a shame
Adult Beginners Forum
I had a friend years ago, a composer who had graduated from Julliard, who had perfect pitch. He was over for dinner once and I tested him on everything from a spoon hitting a glass to the squeak on a pepper grinder. I kept running to the piano to te
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I have an old Piano, I don't know it's value... by David Boyce @ 08/30/15 07:38 AM

This is going to be like the thread where the lady asked about getting replacement keys for her late father's piano, and several of us took time to respond, all giving the same, well-considered advice. Since apparently she didn't like the answers sh
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
In my experience you do get a handle of them pretty quick with some focused work. Pick a chord progression and play it through all 12 keys. Then do so focusing on small section of the keyboard so you have to voice it smoothly. It's not so much memor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Book with Lullabies by Rank Piano Amateur @ 08/30/15 07:30 AM

I have some recollection of a record (later a CD) and an accompanying book called "Golden Slumbers." The songs were gorgeous.
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Vertegrand - aka models K and V ? by David Boyce @ 08/30/15 07:24 AM

Thank you for that information, Erchoukyrie. One of my clients had a Vertegrand - a magnificent thing which we kept going for years within the realms of what was possible without a major workshop refurbishment. Eventually he sold it and bought a n
Originally Posted By MusicdudeOriginally Posted By Olekit comes from articles in the PTG journal, so this is available on sale. That is the most detailed instructions I have read, as the one from a maker only talk about their models. There are some
Adult Beginners Forum
Don't know your preference of periods, but you might look at: Bach Prelude in C, WTC, Book One Bach, Air on G String from Suite No 3 Bach Minuet in G Tchaivosky, Morning Prayer Faure, Pie Jesus Requiem Op 48 Jennifer Lin, On The Bridge At Twiligh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts AMEB AMUSA EXAM by VITAMIN:) @ 08/30/15 07:06 AM

Hi everyone! I'm new here I am soon going to be taking my AmusA exam and one of the requirement is that my pieces have to be at least 30 minutes long (according to my piano teacher). However, when we timed it, it has been consistently just under
Originally Posted By Olekit comes from articles in the PTG journal, so this is available on sale. That is the most detailed instructions I have read, as the one sfrom a maker only talk about their models. There are some detail points I differ on, f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Earthworks QTC-40mp mics. by S.H.Lee @ 08/30/15 06:55 AM

Thanks everyone. Now is the Rode-NT55mp recording for compare. For "apple to apple",i tie together QTC-40 and NT-55 to make sure they are on the same position. Then i change Rode NT-55 to omni. capsule same with QTC-40. Last , because
it comes from articles in the PTG journal, so this is available on sale. That is the most detailed instructions I have read, as the one sfrom a maker only talk about their models. There are some detail points I differ on, for instance bedding the k
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- General Discussion Room by barbaram @ 08/30/15 06:35 AM

Sorry for the delay in getting to my last batch of comments. What a great recital this has been, full of gems at all levels of experience. 51. Schubertian - Nocturne, B Major, Op 62 # 1 I'm listing to this one right now, and what a pleasure it is on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by barbaram @ 08/30/15 06:34 AM

1. Pam Wedgwood "Take it from here", from "Jazzin' About" 2. Schumann Op 68 no1 : Melody from Album for the Young 3. Raglan Road (aka The Dawning of the Day/Fainne Geal an Lae) - Irish traditional 4. Schumann Op 68 no 39: Wint
Jump to new posts Re: How regular should one tune the piano? by Olek @ 08/30/15 06:22 AM

a second hand piano in a good environment should stand one year if not played brutally, if it stand on its 4 casters on a stable floor (od tile floors make the piano move all times and the tuning goes away sooner) When the plain wire begin to be tir
http://www.pianotreff.nu/tidigare_treffar/2006/Complete%20Grand%20Regulation.pdf So where are the pictures that are referred to in the text?
Jump to new posts Re: How old were you when you started tuning? by Olek @ 08/30/15 06:12 AM

about 18 if I remember correctly, as I was not allowed to learn really tuning before one year in the workshop. I did pitch rise pianos, mostly the ones I did restring. so lets say 19 It was not exactly the same as apprenticing but I went to the scho
Page 66 of 82 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 81 82 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 04:40 PM
Piano practice apps
by jehalliday
09/04/15 03:44 PM
Haydn
by Parks
09/04/15 03:20 PM
Scarlatti K380
by teachum
09/04/15 03:02 PM
Looking for a sheet-music based course
by Rataridicta
09/04/15 01:55 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,674 Topics
2,441,960 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission