Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
89 registered (AndyP, accordeur, Anne'sson, 24 invisible), 1014 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by daniokeeper @ 07/24/15 01:06 AM

Thank you, GrandPianoMan, -Joe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing Steinway Grand Piano by kippesc @ 07/24/15 01:04 AM

New NY Steinways require a ton of prep/maintenance to be truly great. I've put a ridiculous amount of money into my piano over 15 years. (I hear, though, they've gotten much better recently.) For that reason, I'd look at getting a Hamburg. Frankly, i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mono vs Stereo Speakers by Charles Cohen @ 07/24/15 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By ee375[quote] . . . If you wire L and R speakers in phase mono audio will sound like it is coming from the center between the speakers. If they are wired out of phase the center will be "dead" and the sound will come fr
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Roland RD-800 suitable for me? by Charles Cohen @ 07/24/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By Tim_Okay. Great. Thanks James/Jay. In regards to speakers, would the Yamaha Stagepas be a good fit for the Roland RD-800? Which model would be most suitable for the home? I once brought a Yamaha Stagepas 300 home to try with m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: OT - What do you eat while playing? by backto_study_piano @ 07/24/15 12:40 AM

Dark chocolate.
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Grandpianoman @ 07/24/15 12:37 AM

No problem Joe...Alfredo asked as well....I am curious how different the Laptop/Gtrack mic is going to sound, so I will re-tune and record the intervals, as well as the same 3 pieces.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 soley for improving practice? by kippesc @ 07/24/15 12:36 AM

I've taken Vintage D and Ivory off my SSD (long ago) and use only Pianoteq. It is more expressive, more realistic, than sampled software pianos, the N2 and the 700NX. I wish the bass were richer, but maybe version 6, 7 … 12 will finally get there.
Adult Beginners Forum
grace_note, what I find amusing is that my yoga teacher often uses the phrase "if it's in your repertoire" when giving directions. AndrewJCW, that sounds cool and a great way to practice. I'm calling myself officially done with Scarborou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar by piano_primo_1 @ 07/23/15 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By debussychopin BUt the watercoloring effect is great. It is a great way also to obscure some info coming from personal surroundings just in case that may show up on video to the public. I know it is not an easy piece. Keep adding
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by daniokeeper @ 07/23/15 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By staveoffI agree with Grandpianoman, namely that the entropy tuning sounds sweeter and better overall. For this reason I am not sure that going through individual intervals will do the tuning justice. As an example, after tuning
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli variations! by beet31425 @ 07/23/15 11:24 PM

Lots of thoughts! I fell in love with this piece my freshman year of college, and they've been with me for decades. As with the Goldberg variations (which I've been working on, intensely, for four months now), perhaps the hardest thing with the Diab
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by outo @ 07/23/15 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiOriginally Posted By wr I've even read musicologists arguing that the entire hierarchy of composers to which many musicians subscribe (such as the unassailable greatness of Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven (what happened to
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones by Arabesque @ 07/23/15 11:07 PM

Thanks, yes there are many variables. It is the cushioning mainly but also the sound. My problem is simply thin walls and a wood floor. And yes, I know what it's like to have a noisy neighbor above and next to me. I am deeply sorry for any problem I
Jump to new posts Re: pin rust by Morodiene @ 07/23/15 10:25 PM

Thanks, cordoba. I'm in the processing of removing the pins and strings now, so I should be ready to clean off the pins this weekend!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing Steinway Grand Piano by TomazP @ 07/23/15 10:16 PM

Play as many as possible. The right Steinway will choose you. Mine did.
Jump to new posts Re: Heintzman Transposing Piano by bkw58 @ 07/23/15 10:04 PM

Irving Berlin owned a couple of transposing pianos. I believe both were custom made for him. At least one was a Weser Bros and is now housed at the Smithsonian, which the composers demos here in a rare TV excerpt:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet questions by AGPianist @ 07/23/15 10:02 PM

Thank you, Heather! I had not considered the Surface RT but it seems like a huge value, plus it's reassuring that you haven't experienced crashes. I'll have to try to get my hands on one and see how I like it. I did try out the Galaxy Note Pro toda
Jump to new posts Re: Heintzman Transposing Piano by Rich Galassini @ 07/23/15 09:48 PM

Rod Verhnjak has had one or two of these. I have only had a Sohmer transposing piano. Still cool stuff! Thank you for sharing.
Jump to new posts Re: Heintzman Transposing Piano by rysowers @ 07/23/15 09:46 PM

Very interesting! I wonder how many of these pianos were made? It's always fun to see crazy innovations of the past! Thanks for sharing!
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Roland RD-800 suitable for me? by Jay Roland @ 07/23/15 09:42 PM

Try to find studio monitors. I've played the RD-800 here through a pair of the Dynaudio BM-6's before and that was a nice setup. Really any studio monitor above 6" in size ought to work well. StagePass and systems like it, are more suited
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Orange Soda King On my way to Taiwan, and a 5-star hotel! Good things for Taiwan 1. Taipei is relatively a safe place even in the night. 2. Things are cheaper compared to Singapore. 3. Food, food, food. 4. Extensive transportat
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingHumorous encounter with a local in a Singapore subway: Local man: "Where are you from?" Me: "United States of America." Local man: "Oh, I'm from Bali. Do you even know where Bali is?"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kawai CS10 vs. K-200/K-300 - What to buy? by mthelm @ 07/23/15 09:28 PM

I've already read ad nauseam the debates about digital vs. acoustic so this post isn't meant to go there at all. I visited the one and only Kawai dealer within a 3 hour radius of where I live and it looks like I can get a CS10 and a K-200 for about t
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by staveoff @ 07/23/15 09:28 PM

I agree with Grandpianoman, namely that the entropy tuning sounds sweeter and better overall. For this reason I am not sure that going through individual intervals will do the tuning justice. As an example, after tuning my piano with entropy I went
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Diabelli variations! by hreichgott @ 07/23/15 09:27 PM

I have fallen in love with these and want to learn them after my current Beethoven (and after two concerts and a wedding.) I've always wished I knew something for the piano that was like the Seventh Symphony, full of pure dancelike joy and occasional
Page 66 of 75 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 74 75 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Split-Treble Upright actions
by Adam Schaaf 58265
07/29/15 08:50 PM
Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano
by Some Pianist
07/29/15 06:51 PM
Damper problem question-Boston Upright UP-118S
by mivaldes
07/29/15 06:02 PM
Shopping for used piano
by dutton
07/29/15 05:31 PM
Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150?
by som
07/29/15 03:47 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,191 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,840 Topics
2,431,087 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission