Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
76 registered (AZ_Astro, AprilE, ando, accordeur, agraffe, alanwaston, 17 invisible), 1894 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Presonus ASIO by MacMacMac @ 02/17/17 04:29 PM

Presonus ASIO
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Franz Beebert @ 02/17/17 04:26 PM

Is the Op 90 sonata and the first two pieces listed by Debussy the easiest? Or the Op 48 no 1 by Chopin? Are all pieces pretty comparable in difficulty?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
If the student is a beginner, the Pattern Play or Chord Play books by Forrest Kinney might be good as a starting method book. The approach has very different priorities from traditional method books (Alfred's, Faber etc.) and seems more in line with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with weak fingers!!! by Goss @ 02/17/17 04:19 PM

A good video on the Taubman method I found useful - she has many interesting videos posted. And for a look at the lady herself [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/pxeWx6q24Po[/video] Wish I had someone like her as my teacher ^^
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertical letoff question by Goof @ 02/17/17 04:19 PM

Mama Mia ! You have some way to go in piano repairing ! But unlike me 50 yrs back you can find it all on YouTube I borrowed the Reblitz: book but it is so much easier looking at the demos on YouTube where the actions are shown end on. Plainly fo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by bennevis @ 02/17/17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By Franz BeebertHi everyone! How would you rate the following pieces from easiest to hardest? And how would you rate them in preference, from the piece you like the most to the least? Seriously - just download the whole lot from I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by Montuno @ 02/17/17 04:04 PM

30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi This is very good for how long you are playing, congrats on a good job! 29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1 Very nice, I especially like the ending, your resolution is emotionally very satisfying.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Knabe 9 Ft. Concert Grand Serial Numbers and Dates by JohnSprung @ 02/17/17 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By Brent Audi1865 - 10000 1870 - 13000 Looks like it was built between 1865 to 1870. That is awesome. What is the history of the piano? Have any pictures to post? No, those are the regular production numbers. Concert grand
Jump to new posts Re: Piano sounding terrible by P W Grey @ 02/17/17 03:30 PM

Doubtlessly not a great piano, and could be a bad one...can't tell from here. An internal dehumidifier rod (s) hooked up to a humidistat (control unit) would probably be preferable to attempting to dehumidify the room.. Pwg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof in the US 2017 by Norbert @ 02/17/17 03:29 PM

Quote:What is going on with Petrof in the US right now? Sorry Rich, must have misread this... Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: August Fӧrster Piano Dealer in California by ChatNoir @ 02/17/17 03:28 PM

Quote: A black cat that is neither evil nor unlucky! How refreshing! Thank you very much! You know, Almaviva, I'll tell you what! I am the most loving and helpful cat. And even when washed with lye and ammonia, I remain as black as my lov
Jump to new posts Re: Getting bad by P W Grey @ 02/17/17 03:27 PM

Why not pick one piano in the showroom that you like, ask for the name of the one who tuned it, and call him/her? Pwg
Jump to new posts Re: Hugo Hennig upright with cracked pinblock by Costin Popirlan @ 02/17/17 03:25 PM

Hi guys, i got my pinblock material with some extra to practice on My questions are: - how big should the oversized pins be so that the old solid pinblock doesnt crack but still get enough grip to stai in tune. - what size should the drill bit be c
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Kawai James I don't believe there is a transformer inside the ES110, as the instrument is powered using a universal AC adaptor. Too late to edit my post, scratch that to read "component inside", I would suspect a coil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by Justin Davis @ 02/17/17 03:18 PM

6 wouter79 - That really was quite impressive. I think you made it sound easier than it probably is. If you make the baseline a little lighter and softer would that bring out the happier mood you are trying to achieve? 7 az astro - I love that pie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing a Piano by gnuboi @ 02/17/17 03:13 PM

Some comparisons between GL and GX here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2583520/Anyone_has_played_kawai_GL_ser.html http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2457355/2.html
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by SonatainfSharp @ 02/17/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By jdw I actually think it should be legato, but then I'm a choral singer (O give me a home where the buffalo roam--one phrase, no punctuation). True, true. Me being caught thinking like a pianist again (a pianist should never thin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by pianoloverus @ 02/17/17 03:07 PM

Except for maybe the first two listed and possibly the Op.90 Sonata, these are all major works that require the highest level of virtuosity and musicianship. So anyone considering the study of these pieces should be able to judge how difficult they w
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Scandinavian folkmusic goes piano by NordicKeys @ 02/17/17 03:02 PM

Hi! Here´s a Swedish traditional waltz I really like to play. Very popular among folkmusicians and also common when dancing Scandinavian traditional coupledances. Here´s my "take". One faster acoustic version and one at digitalpiano mor
Jump to new posts Re: Getting bad by RonaldSteinway @ 02/17/17 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTSometimes a tuner will be insulted when you criticize their unisons, and will make this type of comment. Too many dealers, (not all), don't pay their technicians enough and the good ones leave. Find a tech who
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by SonatainfSharp @ 02/17/17 02:58 PM

Ya, I agree with Bruce, especially on the interpretive challenges and "knowing the composers". Once you get to that level, "difficulty" is completely moot because what you might find easy, I may find difficult, and what I may fin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by johnstaf @ 02/17/17 02:56 PM

The difficulty of each work depends on how well you want to play it.
Jump to new posts Re: Getting bad by RonaldSteinway @ 02/17/17 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By bellspianoClean, non-beating, non-wavering unisons are the first goal of tuning. I'm sorry that the tuner you were sent did not know the rudiments of tuning, and even more sorry that he presented his ignorance to you as a positiv
Jump to new posts Re: Getting bad by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 02/17/17 02:54 PM

Sometimes a tuner will be insulted when you criticize their unisons, and will make this type of comment. Too many dealers, (not all), don't pay their technicians enough and the good ones leave. Find a tech who charges a lot and is recommended by a
Jump to new posts Re: Getting bad by RonaldSteinway @ 02/17/17 02:54 PM

Thanks Johnkie.
Page 66 of 89 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 88 89 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hand position
by Emeraldz
02/22/17 10:49 PM
Best Way to Clean an Old Antique Alligator Finish?
by Musicdude
02/22/17 09:40 PM
How Far Can You Reshape Hammers?
by Musicdude
02/22/17 09:32 PM
Assessing key touchweight?
by Gombessa
02/22/17 09:01 PM
First, Learn to Practice by Tom Heany
by agraffe
02/22/17 08:51 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,770 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,665 Topics
2,600,956 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission