Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
58 registered (Albunea, Alux, 821, anamnesis, alwatson, AndrewJCW, 16 invisible), 1098 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Hello The Living Tombstone enthusiasts, TLT is back with another extremely awesome composition called "Belle And Tina Are Time Travelers" Theme Song. Enjoy my piano cover on TLT's awesome work! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/m9rcSOCjP5I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Themed Recital - Discussion Thread by Riddler @ 06/18/16 10:16 AM

Peyton – Famous Blue Raincoat. Wow, what a story that song tells, and you certainly told it well, integrating voice and piano very smoothly. Well done. Jade – Can You Feel the Love Tonight. Played with warmth and feeling. Good work. Jen – Mo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Themed Recital - Discussion Thread by Riddler @ 06/18/16 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By RiddlerOriginally Posted By Peyton ... I tried and tried and, in the end�¢ï¿½�¦ I like my old recording better. Sorry, Peyton, but, no matter the provocation, you are not allo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By C3_Belgiumhave an additional high pitch sound to them, like there was someone with a triangle playing the same note simultanuously.As I am no technician, I do not know if this is simply a matter of having it retuned, or if voicin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Small piano with weighted keys for travel by Charles Cohen @ 06/18/16 10:03 AM

If you're going to play piano music, I'd go for 61 keys. Anything shorter, and you'll be really cramped: . . . Have you ever _used_ a short keyboard? My MicroKorg XL+ (37 keys) is fine for one-hand playing, completely inadequate for 2-hand playing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Feedback on my 11 month progress? by Swain @ 06/18/16 10:03 AM

Knowing and practicing scales helps with more than just finger dexterity. Do you want to increase your tactile awareness of the keyboard? Learn your scales Anticipate what notes and chords are most likely in a piece your learning? Learn your scale
Originally Posted By BeakybirdThe action and the main piano voices are the same. The price difference is substantial. I would consider the more affordable option in addition to piano lessons. +1. It depends how much "cool" is worth to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chords and their real use?? by hinderbinder @ 06/18/16 09:46 AM

This is a real late comment but I can't resist adding my 2 cents, even tho' I'm definitely a novice at piano (early Intermediate level). I'll just stay focused on importance of scales. 1) good way to warm up 2) increase your technical ability (yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Themed Recital - Discussion Thread by patH @ 06/18/16 09:32 AM

Just finished listening to it. Great performances. I don't know if I should single some out. And nice music; I was familiar with maybe half of it. Since I started to get interested with Pop Music in the late 70s, this might not be surprising. I ju
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone identify this baby grand? by PhilipInChina @ 06/18/16 09:27 AM

Those legs look odd. It looks like a runner wearing ankle weights.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to piano by Swain @ 06/18/16 09:11 AM

Sight reading is nowhere near as hard as you are making it out to be.
Piano Teachers Forum
One thing I want to address is the idea of an approach reflecting someone's personality or mindset. It might, of course, depending on the person. But I'd like to suggest that the approaches you use might (maybe should) reflect the situation and wha
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Gary D. Let me push back a bit. Most of what has been written in this topic seems hopelessly long-winded and confusing. And I'm being tactful. There is a lot to be said for being clear and concise, and the writing here has been
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: June Piano Bar by cathryn999 @ 06/18/16 08:29 AM

I've never done a piano bar before, and I'm not sure of the etiquette or the rules so please forgive me if I breach protocol. Here's a recording I made of one of my exam pieces about 4 weeks before the exam. It's not perfect but I'm trying to get use
Piano Teachers Forum
Once a thread develops a critical mass it goes where it wants. Sometimes you can direct it where you personally want with clear, concise, and short comments, but mostly you can't. And some people can't type a short comment to save their life.
Jump to new posts Re: Unofficial Kawai ES8 Comments/Reviews Thread by hermessy @ 06/18/16 08:27 AM

No, I bought it at a shop in The Netherlands.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to piano by JimF @ 06/18/16 08:19 AM

Uv147, These are very nice arrangements of Puccini's greatest arias, primarily of modest difficulty. Based on what you posted, probably within reach for you. There is also an Easy Piano version of the same book, but I can't vouch for it as I've nev
The action and the main piano voices are the same. The price difference is substantial. I would consider the more affordable option in addition to piano lessons.
Jump to new posts Re: Unofficial Kawai ES8 Comments/Reviews Thread by peterws @ 06/18/16 08:15 AM

Youll enjoy that for some time. You didnt buy from a shop in the N of England, did you?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by cathryn999 @ 06/18/16 08:05 AM

I had a day off! And I played piano all day! And I discovered a whole bunch of new pieces I want to learn, including Schubert Musical Moments, and Beethoven Opus 79, been bashing it out a bit for the past couple of hours. Love the article of the pi
Non swivel wheels are better for any terrain. Once the piano is balanced correctly on the dolly, simply pick up the light end to turn. If the terrain is too rough, plywood is probably indicated as a base to roll on.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha grand S400E by Ed Foote @ 06/18/16 07:49 AM

Greetings, I must say my experience is different. We were given a s400B at Vanderbilt years ago, and nobody wanted to play it. The action was thick and mushy feeling. I found that the balance rail holes in the keys were too thick, and once I s
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ 06/18/16 07:48 AM

The following piece of fiction came about after listening to the banquet people at a recent wedding talk about all the ridiculous food requests they get from invited guests. It;s satirical and not intended to make light of anyone with a serious food
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha grand S400E by From Amsterdam @ 06/18/16 07:48 AM

Thanks a lot for your comments. All things considered it sounds like I am better of with a good C3. I actually saw one from 1999 for 19K at a shop (well-known and respected among piano techs), which I think I'm gonna play next week. Allthough I fee
Pianist Corner
I am a self-taught pianist without a teacher. Currently, I'm working on Chopin's 'Sostenuto' Waltz in E-flat Major. What are some ways to interpret this piece and play it well? My edition says this piece should be played at about 96-100 tempo but I f
Page 66 of 67 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pianos Incognito!
by Usry
06/25/16 01:57 AM
Does your teaching "end"?
by Peter K. Mose
06/25/16 12:11 AM
Don has a go on the piano
by cathryn999
06/25/16 12:09 AM
Chopin Fantasie-Impromptu Op. 66
by Dktenor
06/24/16 09:12 PM
No line-in input: recording question
by Stephano
06/24/16 09:11 PM
Forum Stats
84,101 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,557 Topics
2,536,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission