Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Old piano repair 101... Learn how to fix everything. Keytops are no more difficult than bridge repair. Different glue though.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by Rupak Bhattacharya @ 09/14/14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90It looks like we have a new contender for thread stalwart while our senior scholar is chasing girls grades away from home. Seriously, even I would have showed up if this was meant for me lol It's quite incredible to s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone familiar with alkan's op. 39 "etudes"? by Ataru074 @ 09/14/14 02:24 PM

well... the "best" IMHO investment would be to get a matched pair of neumann km 184. they are expensive, but that would be IMHO the last pair of microphone you buy to record piano... pretty much forever.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miss my concert grands by Minnesota Marty @ 09/14/14 02:23 PM

Wow -- that means that the very first D is now an S !!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A concert hall inside your bedroom by Morodiene @ 09/14/14 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikisto I play piano for my own enjoyment, not for the enjoyment of my imaginary friends. Besides, they prefer string quartets anyway. You need to get some better imaginary friends then.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help!---Yamaha P-200 Sustain by NormB @ 09/14/14 01:45 PM

Try a factory reset: Hold down the midi and edit buttons while the dp is off, and while holding them, turn on the power and release all.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miss my concert grands by Keith D Kerman @ 09/14/14 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: ClsscLibChange is disorienting. In advance of a redecorating project, I had to move my piano from a large family room to a much smaller living room yesterday. (I didn't, of course -- the trained professionals from Empire Piano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miss my concert grands by Keith D Kerman @ 09/14/14 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: phackeI suppose if you wanted us to know what line you are talking about, you would have said. ... and, perhaps, being a dealer, he is being appropriately discreet and not "advertising" an
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cost of Lessons in Los Angeles by Morodiene @ 09/14/14 01:23 PM

Since we are not talking to the teacher on this forum, but rather a beginner student who hasn't been with them long, I take what they say with a grain of salt. This is why I didn't say anything about the comments on Thomson. There are some teachers t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway or Porsche? by cpa4s @ 09/14/14 01:14 PM

interesting thread, but I am surprised no one suggested a German engineered piano - say a C. Bechstein vs the Porsche?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet for reading by Starr Keys @ 09/14/14 01:01 PM

One thing you might want to consider is whether you plan to compose or arrange and study harmony with a good notation program like Finale or Sibelius. If you do, you should consider investing in a hybrid tablet, since it can run the software for the
Piano Forum
old thread but wondering how it might have ended Sparky?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where's Norbert? by BruceD @ 09/14/14 12:38 PM

Perhaps he's getting an early start on Oktoberfest in München? Let's hope it's nothing to be concerned about. Regards,
Jump to new posts Taking a song in Sonar and creating a musical score by Jack Gately @ 09/14/14 12:31 PM

Sorry I don't know how to phrase my question in a better way. I was watching someone using Sonar and he took a piece of music he had downloaded and he did something with it and it analyzed the music and created a music score of the different instrume
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ 09/14/14 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoSince this is sort of a slowchat anyway, my little daughter loves our piano.. (As an obstacle) Super cute
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by FarmGirl @ 09/14/14 12:27 PM

Peter, I will retire 7 years from now. Cheryl, Doris, Cathy, earlofmer. Torquenale and Jim, thank you for the best wishes. I have to write couple of emails to turn down duet and duo requests (sob). I am keeping duos, one with flute and the other w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Where's Norbert? by Minnesota Marty @ 09/14/14 12:15 PM

Has anyone heard from Norbert Marten lately? I'm getting worried.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by fnork @ 09/14/14 12:14 PM

The other issue that seems completely overlooked to me is that the reality of any performing musician is that we need to adjust to the specific venue, instrument, acoustics, audience, eventual ensemble partners/conductors/orchestras. The initial post
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A concert hall inside your bedroom by 255 @ 09/14/14 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Purkoy(itch thing) They (professional pianists) just play until one of the hand is free for a second and they use that hand to solve any problem, being a itch, something with the clothes, something with the keyboard, tension on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ 09/14/14 12:00 PM

WOW! Look at all of these postings. Just like old times. I'll be back in a few hours with my contributions. Right now I have a family activity. I'm looking forward to listening to these postings too. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miss my concert grands by ClsscLib @ 09/14/14 11:52 AM

Change is disorienting. In advance of a redecorating project, I had to move my piano from a large family room to a much smaller living room yesterday. (I didn't, of course -- the trained professionals from Empire Piano Movers did, and very well.)
Jump to new posts Re: Using a (continuous) sustain pedal as expression by anotherscott @ 09/14/14 11:46 AM

Right, the PX5S doesn't have a continuous controller input. But if you need it only for Pianoteq (or other VST instruments), you should be able to add the input you need with this: http://www.midiexpression.com There is also the aforementioned box
Chicolom: in Reaper, you could try using the built-in effect "midi_CC_mapper" to convert the CC#7 on each MIDI channel to a different CC on the same channel. Or, put the midiconverter3 plugin as the first step in your channel and route the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by supersport @ 09/14/14 11:45 AM

I really wasn't referencing the regulation since that would be a normal maintenance item but if the pin block is failing would or could that be a warranty issue?
Jump to new posts Re: Supporting your local dealer? by peterws @ 09/14/14 11:41 AM

And, if you spend a lot of time in a lot of shops. . .you can haggle in each one with a clear conscience! On line prices are only another way for a local shop to extend it's business further afield.
Page 66 of 87 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 86 87 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pletnev - Poise under duress
by vers la flan
38 minutes 19 seconds ago
Chopin Op 10 No 6
by Cheeto717
Today at 07:08 PM
Charles R Walter upright
by landorrano
Today at 05:19 PM
Does anybody know about Hayes London?
by Sam4
Today at 05:16 PM
Mason & Hamlin Opinions
by Hunt
Today at 03:23 PM
Who's Online
131 registered (acortot, accordeur, antony, 45 invisible), 1168 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76253 Members
42 Forums
157634 Topics
2315349 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission