Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
156 registered (anamnesis, 36251, albumblatter, accordeur, AlexanderLee, 53 invisible), 1336 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Visit to the Wizard's Workshop (trip report) by Rich Galassini @ 03/29/15 06:17 AM

Thank you for the report Phantom Five. These are questions for you, but probably more for Ed. Originally Posted By phantomFive 3) He has a rebuilt Chickering grand, my first time ever playing one. A beautiful instrument with a smooth action, heavy
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ravel's 'Pavane pour une infante defunte' (1st 5 bars) by Dave Androos @ 03/29/15 06:11 AM

I started learning Ravel's 'Pavane pour une infante defunte' last night. I absolutely love Ravel's music and this is my first attempt at learning something of his. Very happy to get familiar with the first 5 bars I posted the audio on Soundcloud.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by OneWatt @ 03/29/15 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By Ocram As for the sound itself, I quite like it and I'm listening through ear buds that came with a mobile phone, so I think through decent pa speakers... Does the virtual technician allow adjustment of string resonance, voicing
Adult Beginners Forum
The B# D# F# A chord is a diminshed 7th in 3rd inversion that functions as a "secondary dominant" (actually a secondary VII), leading to the C# E G diminshed seventh chord. So it is the VII of VII. Add in the A in the bass and it makes the
Pianist Corner
Good question! Answer: It varies. Some of the sets are virtually never excerpted. I'd say Carnaval, Papillons, and Kreisleriana are the main examples. The Symphonic Etudes is * another one, to a great extent, but I think not quite so much; I've hea
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Bellicapelli @ 03/29/15 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By jimb100 Is there a point somewhere in all these words that actually addresses the issue? Look jimb, there is really no issue, no tactics, I'm sorry if you perceived this as an "ad honinem attack", worse than ever if
Originally Posted By sullivangWell something is obviously very wrong, as you pointed out - there is audio before the MIDI event. That proves that for the rendered version, that vertical line simply can NOT be where the MIDI event is. Greg. The m
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Quest to complete Choin Etudes by ahoffmann @ 03/29/15 05:48 AM

I wanted to do one of the "hard" ones relatively early in the series. Not entirely pleased with it yet so I might return to make another.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - Sonata G minor op. 22 by verqueue @ 03/29/15 05:47 AM

Thanks for your comment, Pathbreaker. This Sonata was really changed at least technical perspective for me, because I always avoided pieces which are so fast without many "rest points". I'm not fast pianist... It seems that I should learn
Well something is obviously very wrong, as you pointed out - there is audio before the MIDI event. That proves that for the rendered version, that vertical line simply can NOT be where the MIDI event is. Not sure about that bounce delay. I guess y
Originally Posted By maurusWell, yes. But we compensate only so much without losing connection. And again, tiny differences of the order of a few ms can make or break the connection for an experienced player. Which doesn't alter the fact that two
Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By maurusGals and guys, lolatus "method" makes no sense pianistically, and the latency differences that matter in musical terms cannot be measured in this way. Let us do a little calculation
Yes, the midi note-on is at 1 sec and there's no midi before it. There's no time-line as such, I merely plonked the cursor over the midi start to aid visual read-out. AFAICS, the real-time and rendered versions are correctly aligned in relation to
Pianist Corner
I like the repertoire for the most part but would take out the Janacek Variations and add a contemporary piece to add more variety, something a little more rhythmic/percussive to contrast the more lyrical pieces in that round. Also, based on the conc
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Ocram @ 03/29/15 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By PhJ.I find the upright quite decent, actually. There are better ones, no doubt (as in NI's Komplete or from Imperfect samples) but I wouldn't snub it just because there is some stretching (for the OP asking about it, you can hear
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K-52 (VS) K-132 by Withindale @ 03/29/15 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaWhat is the thinking behind getting a short upright? Some think 48-50 inches is the ideal height. They say the V-125 is Steinway's best balanced upright. I'll leave others to say why this should be.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New (old) Bösendorfer by ando @ 03/29/15 05:33 AM

I've never played a piano with a Viennese action. What do they feel like? Is there a feeling of resistance and then a sudden click when the hammer is freed - like a Harpsichord sort of feeling? What happens if you try to repeat notes rapidly? What is
Does the MIDI Note-On event occur at time 1s? I.e - is there 1s of silence at the beginning of the MIDI track? If not, why does that vertical line appear to be at time 1s? I'm not sure yet that you've correctly aligned the real time and rendered vers
Pianist Corner
So I listened to Waldszenen while following the score a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed it. There is some variation in the difficulty of it's pieces, but in general I'd say it's the right level for me. I've been thinking of starting with one
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new M&H... by Kate56 @ 03/29/15 05:05 AM

Oh best of luck. Have a wonderful day kate56
voila - Piano in Blue, since that was still loaded. A 3ms improvement. On the face of it, the 3ms is the delay arising from using Cubase as a live host, so subtract 3ms from the first test results to get stand-alone readings. ...but what are
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Tempest by joe80 @ 03/29/15 04:33 AM

Wow it sounds like you've had a lot of training! I started with my first teacher in 1988 - she was a pupil of Tobias Matthay so that was very valuable from a technical standpoint. In '98 I went to do my Bachelor's in the Royal Conservatoire of Scotla
Originally Posted By sullivangOk for now just forget about doing that other test to make it fail. The reason I'm interested in this test is that I'm more interested in the capability of the plugin, rather than how any specific instrument has been
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ 03/29/15 04:32 AM

I hope your business trip went well, ClassicLib! I've added your excused dates.
Ok for now just forget about doing that other test to make it fail. The reason I'm interested in this test is that I'm more interested in the capability of the plugin, rather than how any specific instrument has been designed. So, for your PiB ex
Page 66 of 116 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 115 116 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Pedal Extender Help
by metcarl
04/01/15 07:03 PM
Yamaha + Roland working together?
by PianoManChuck
04/01/15 06:57 PM
Classical music tweet or Facebook message contest
by pianoloverus
04/01/15 06:12 PM
is the RD 700GX Supernatural Kit still available anywhere?
by AlexanderLee
04/01/15 05:56 PM
First digital piano. Which will be better?
by skoomi
04/01/15 05:38 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,740 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,921 Topics
2,391,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission