Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
109 registered (Auditor, anamnesis, accordeur, alwatson, 24 invisible), 1240 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts new Yamaha C2X by Cassia @ 04/24/16 11:36 PM

new Yamaha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very overpriced Young Changs or not?? by ebonykawai @ 04/24/16 11:31 PM

I actually went to see the one near me, the second YC. Out of tune, clunky and really LOUD action, very dusty inside, and I was told the owner, who passed away last winter, didn't play it because it was too heavy and made his hands hurt. Apparently h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Yamaha GC2 by Scott McBain @ 04/24/16 11:28 PM

Parts made in Germany??? no Parts made in China/Indonesia?? yes CG-2 is 30% less than CX-2 Why…go figure. The C-2 was the predecessor to the CX-2 The Quality yamaha products. Costco gets a 10% commission from the Roadshow (Roadshow-independ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: craigslist find, Yamaha 42" upright for $250.00 by terminaldegree @ 04/24/16 11:27 PM

According to Yamaha's own website, that piano was built in 1969.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: craigslist find, Yamaha 42" upright for $250.00 by PhilipInChina @ 04/24/16 11:27 PM

No, that doesn't work either.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Isn't she lovely and jazz by rintincop @ 04/24/16 11:26 PM

Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Isn't she lovely and jazz by rintincop @ 04/24/16 11:25 PM

. The chord changes are just right for jazz and it is in the jazz fakebooks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: craigslist find, Yamaha 42" upright for $250.00 by rotundra @ 04/24/16 11:23 PM

hmm, see if this works [img:center]https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOrKZcfEjpicm3A0jyiZ-2fAWLWIGoAVT7wtpIx[/img]
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by Macy @ 04/24/16 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By poldOriginally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By poldOriginally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By johnlewisgrant I think Ivory American and Galaxy are fun to play (using earphones, not loudspeakers), but as rendered and recorde
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital tuner? by Gadzar @ 04/24/16 11:16 PM

If you buy an ETD (electronic tuning device) you won't learn to tune by ear or it will be much more difficult to you to learn aural tuning. Have you tried Bill Bremmer's ET VIA MARPURG sequence? IMO it's the best sequence for a beginner to learn to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Scott McBain @ 04/24/16 11:06 PM

There are many checklists you should consider when buying a piano. Some may concern you specifically, others may not. 1. Tone 2. Touch. 3. Price 4. History and reputation of piano manufacturer. (Warranty) 5. Services from the dealer and history
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "GREEN CHI" STEINWAY by Rich Galassini @ 04/24/16 10:55 PM

Not my cup of tea. I would be more concerned with the quality of work done in any rebuilding than I would be with the looks of the cabinet.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai K500 by Scott McBain @ 04/24/16 10:55 PM

Dealers have specific territories. You have contacted me and others regarding this price and desire. You may have a problem with the shipping or the product and how would you resolve this? You are not doing yourself a favor going outside to try to
Jump to new posts Re: EBVT Implementation by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 04/24/16 10:54 PM

The only thing I heard which caught my attention was the F#3-A#3 M3 was too slow but otherwise, you seem to have a pretty good representation of the EBVT.
Jump to new posts Re: EBVT Implementation by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 04/24/16 10:52 PM

G4 is an error. It should be G3. It is not important whether the initial F3-A3 M3 is exactly 6 bps (but all the calculations for the graphs and electronic tuning are based upon an exact figure). No human being can ever know an exact rate of beating
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Rich Galassini @ 04/24/16 10:52 PM

Hi Markus03, Welcome to PW. You have no reason for concern with either piano. They are both well made instruments and neither have structural deficiencies that you need to be concerned with. (Translation - Estonias have no proclivity toward pinblo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts "GREEN CHI" STEINWAY by Retsacnal @ 04/24/16 10:49 PM

THE "GREEN CHI" STEINWAY! Steinway M Art Case, Chinese Hand Painted - $125000 This is intriguing, but the price seems pretty high to me. See Craigslist posting here, with many more pictures. Not my cup of tea, but someone may find
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Watching hands while trying to memorise a tune? by INBoston @ 04/24/16 10:46 PM

I don't look at my hands while playing sheet music, but when trying to memorize, I have to look at my hands and remember how the chords look under my fingers while at the same time glancing at the page to see how they look written. This way I have bo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Upgrade Suggestions $5k budget by johnbarnesiii @ 04/24/16 10:46 PM

Hi Rick, I'm open to either. I'm assuming $4-$5 k can get me a good quality used upright such as a Kawai. Whereas I'm not sure I can get a good quality baby grand used for that price, though I'm not sure?? Would love your opinion and model suggest
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block or wrest plank? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/24/16 10:36 PM

I was so unpleasantly surprised to find when PTG published a piano nomenclature tome that no "preferred" terms were chosen. Instead all of the known terms used in the US were listed with no preferences indicated. Professional organizations
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by pold @ 04/24/16 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By poldOriginally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By johnlewisgrant I think Ivory American and Galaxy are fun to play (using earphones, not loudspeakers), but as rendered and recorded they invariably sound t
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 metronome relative volume by krikorik @ 04/24/16 10:15 PM

I have installed the updated firmware and it works very well. Metronome volume transition from ppp to fff is smooth without need of changing amplifier or selected instrument volume. I think that even people using unbalanced cables will find this impr
It's like looking at a black & white image and allowing your mind to fill in the colors. Key color as it is defined has anything and everything to do with temperament. The term, "perfect pitch" is just something that people say. Ther
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video course or book? by Groove On @ 04/24/16 10:12 PM

I'd also take a look at this book Frances Clark Keyboard for the Adult Beginner. A solid adult primer by a good teacher.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano touch weight, both up and down. by Kawai James @ 04/24/16 10:06 PM

Hello CoolJL, Originally Posted By CoolJLI did try Kawai CA67... the keys seemed little heavy and I remeber thinking there was little too much push on the fingers when the keys were pressed. May I ask which instruments you are using as a reference
Page 66 of 87 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 86 87 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
knucklehead?
by f4tune81
Today at 06:16 PM
Do you teach arpeggios in inversions?
by Piano d'Amore
Today at 01:50 PM
Thoughts - Used Piano Purchase - 2007 Bechstein A190
by ryanmanwich
Today at 10:16 AM
How to learn about pianos
by Lilrascal
Today at 09:54 AM
Movie Impromptu
by boogiewoogie123
Today at 09:23 AM
Forum Stats
83,457 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,296 Topics
2,519,804 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission