Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by carey @ 10/20/14 07:31 PM

Yuck. Time to disinfect the piano keys. Ah - the joys of parenthood !!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The myth of the 10000 hours rule. by 8 Octaves @ 10/20/14 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Doritos Flavouredsurely devoting all of those 10k hours to fur elise is a waste of time Something a little more substantive than Für Elise maybe in order for a 10000-hour project.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Olek @ 10/20/14 07:23 PM

Raphael, I do not understand what he write, it may be due to the language , can you please resume a little for me ? I see he say that the string take a path in the horizontal plane, I thought that all strings do so, wonder if it is due to the polari
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by Jtreimer @ 10/20/14 07:21 PM

Ok, I have recently purchased the app known as Synthesia for my iPad Air. I own a DGX-650 and for some reason I just can't get it to connect. Here is what I have: -DGX-650 -iPad Air -Synthesia -Lightning to USB Camera Adapter -USB Type A to T
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: midi files by Shacky @ 10/20/14 06:57 PM

Perhaps this is common knowledge, but this web site has a huge library of MIDI files and FIL files. Not sure what you need to do to play them on your QRS system, but there are tons of beautiful MIDI files. http://www.kuhmann.com/Yamaha.htm
Jump to new posts Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Morrisos @ 10/20/14 06:56 PM

Hello, just looking for some insight into current market conditions and career prospects for someone wanting to enter the trade. Is there enough demand to support more technicians? Especially in the Minnesota Twin Cities market? Thank you for any
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by phantomFive @ 10/20/14 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveUsually people don't want to practice scales because they are boring. That is your fault as an artist. Practice thos
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by PianoManChuck @ 10/20/14 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: sullivangThanks Chuck! What's the background of the "T-Bone Wurly" program - where does "T-Bone" come from? (other than a T-bone steak!) Greg. Wish I knew... I'm afraid you'll have to ask Kurzweil for an ex
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/20/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Batuhanmay i ask which conservatory is this ? Well, my preference is not to make it terribly overt exactly where I live, just from a privacy standpoint. But I've not been totally secretive about things, either, so I guess I'm
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by alfredo capurso @ 10/20/14 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: rxdI continue to discover tha vastly different ways in which different people hear the same thing. Not only are there more differences than we think but more differences than we can think. This is before we consider the woeful
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by pianoloverus @ 10/20/14 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveUsually people don't want to practice scales because they are boring. That is your fault as an artist. Practice those scales until they are so full of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Painting Piano Keys by accordeur @ 10/20/14 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: chernobieffI'm going to respectfully disagree with everything accordeur said. Electrical tape is a horrible idea. Won't last long, and have you ever seen the gummy reidue it leaves behind? Taping for sprayiing is not that bad,
Jump to new posts Re: Painting Piano Keys by chernobieff @ 10/20/14 06:38 PM

I'm going to respectfully disagree with everything accordeur said. Electrical tape is a horrible idea. Won't last long, and have you ever seen the gummy residue it leaves behind? Taping for spraying is not that bad, its done all the time in other t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Ack! My piano is diseased! by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/20/14 06:34 PM

So, I came home to find my 10 year old daughter practicing away, doing everything diligently! Scales, arpeggios, her etudes, then her two little pieces she's working on. Then she comes up after practicing and says, "Moommmm! My eyes itch! I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by phantomFive @ 10/20/14 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveUsually people don't want to practice scales because they are boring. That is your fault as an artist. Practice those scales until they are so full of emotion that your listeners woul
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by accordeur @ 10/20/14 06:27 PM

The client is the loser.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The myth of the 10000 hours rule. by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/20/14 06:26 PM

surely devoting all of those 10k hours to fur elise is a waste of time
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The brain has some pretty fixed maps... by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/20/14 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungPutting two and two together: If you overshoot on what you remember from childhood, and you should learn everything before you're 15, maybe children should be taught on a series of scaled down keyboards..... ?
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by ChickGrand @ 10/20/14 06:24 PM

So the winner is the loser.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Green guitar comping. by Nahum @ 10/20/14 06:24 PM

With the sound of the left hand Erroll Garner's all very complicated! The size of his hands were simply monstrous - judging by a photograph of his hands over the keyboard, made ​​from the top, his right shell was disclosed between
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by earlofmar @ 10/20/14 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoCould we please, please, pretty please, move on from the editing and get back to the topic of recital fever? I didn't realise I had a fever but that explains the wobbly knees and shaking hands when I just think about r
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes I've heard it once put that the chances of winning the lottery are so statistically irrelevant that the likelihood that you win is the same whether you buy a ticket or not. I read that the odds of FINDING the win
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: PlowboyOriginally Posted By: ClsscLib My teacher is not teaching me any theory. You need a new teacher. As I said before, it's not entirely her doing. In the limited time I have available for piano, I'd rather play pieces th
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by sullivang @ 10/20/14 06:13 PM

Thanks Chuck! What's the background of the "T-Bone Wurly" program - where does "T-Bone" come from? (other than a T-bone steak!) Greg.
Page 66 of 104 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 103 104 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
10/25/14 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
10/25/14 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
10/24/14 11:57 PM
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
10/24/14 10:23 PM
What is this piece?
by JoelW
10/24/14 09:54 PM
Who's Online
65 registered (accordeur, AliAlkhiro, Al LaPorte, Adypiano, alfredo capurso, 13 invisible), 945 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158486 Topics
2327436 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission