Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
118 registered (AprilE, anotherscott, 36251, beet31425, anamnesis, 28 invisible), 1217 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Pianists can't improvise because they don't practice improvising. Robert D. Levin plays improvisations in his cadenzas.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Shigeru Kawai SK-7 arrived by iceporky @ 06/27/15 12:49 AM

Congrats! I can't tell how big your living room is from your photos. Would the sound of the SK-7 be overpowering for your living room?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by TBell @ 06/27/15 12:32 AM

Sounds great and nice playing too! You have quite a set up.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by S.H.Lee @ 06/27/15 12:32 AM

For this test #001, i use ZOOM Q8's zoom in function, and because this function is only software zoom in, so the video quality is not so good. you can compare with this video(without zoom in function) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VluPBXEfDnI
Pianist Corner
The case from the professional life.   Once during a break between lessons at the Academy, I went to neighboring class - consult with professor of piano about the types of sound production. And then it occurred to me to ask: "what kind of sound
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by phacke @ 06/27/15 12:20 AM

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By schwammerlI just stumbled upon this video of a very recent recording of a Seiler SE278CO by Pianoworks - Duluth (Atlanta). Seiler SE278CO For me at least it proves their are quite some alternatives for pianos on the concert s
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Shigeru Kawai SK-7 arrived by S.H.Lee @ 06/27/15 12:17 AM

Dear Hakki,this is my recording test. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2435974
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by S.H.Lee @ 06/27/15 12:16 AM

Hi everone. Finally my new SK7 arrived. Now is my test recording for SK7. I hope someone can help me to improve my record tech. And this is test #001 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSAse7WW_rs&feature=youtu.be Shigeru Kawai SK-7L ZOOM Q8 R
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: why scales? by Isabelle1949 @ 06/27/15 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By rocket88Sorry, my bad, I was thinking only about C major in contrary motion...I use that with early beginners for the reasons I wrote. I have had new students at their second or third lesson be able to play it well. Thanks, R
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Isabelle1949 @ 06/26/15 11:55 PM

That's great Brian!!! How did the Bosendorfer feel?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By wr But, on the other hand, it seems to me that there have been a good number of threads here in which a poster (who is often not a jazzer) disses classical musicians over some perceived inferiority of classical music, usually re
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Casio PX 130 problem by ATrain @ 06/26/15 11:34 PM

I have a Casio PX 130 that has recently developed a problem with one key. A "G" in the midrange has decided to "double hit" randomly and from time to time when it does this the tone is shrill and very tinny and louder than the ot
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts 100-year-old pianist is so good he makes people cry by Piano World @ 06/26/15 11:14 PM

It's worth hanging in through the #@#$% commercial. SEATTLE -- It's the kind of high-caliber performance you might usually see at the Seattle Symphony or on an even bigger stage. Yet the show put on Wednesday night took place inside a retiremen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: James Horner 1953-2015 by Markarian @ 06/26/15 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By SMHaleyUtterly tragic. My colleagues and friends in the film music world are just devastated. If you ever want to come over and have a drink to James and play some of his music, I'd be down.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My trip to Cunningham Piano in Philadelphia by BrianDX @ 06/26/15 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By Forrest HalfordIsn't that Cunningham parlor grand wonderful? Indeed it is. The action was perfect to my taste, and the sound overall was quite frankly better than anything I've heard in that price range. The bottom line is, whet
Adult Beginners Forum
My AOTW: Played my own composition on a Bosendorfer in front of Rich Galassi at Cunningham Piano and only messed up a little bit...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: why scales? by rocket88 @ 06/26/15 10:59 PM

Sorry, my bad, I was thinking only about C major in contrary motion...I use that with early beginners for the reasons I wrote. I have had new students at their second or third lesson be able to play it well.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is fileuploader working? by BruceD @ 06/26/15 10:50 PM

Hakki : The link you gave was the source I always used to post pictures, but it hasn't worked for me for some time. The following link gives instructions for uploading that has worked for me. File upload Regards,
Quote: . . . Given that two of the dominant digital makers are also acoustic makers, they certainly do not have big incentives in place to make digitals just as good as acoustics any time soon... Although, you the have the pure play digital maker li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by sor @ 06/26/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By JimFWelcome to the ABF David, Fugi, Nancy and Sor. You will find this a very friendly place. Any questions, just ask. Sor - that's a funny story. If you spend just a little bit of time learning the notes of the grand staff, yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My trip to Cunningham Piano in Philadelphia by Forrest Halford @ 06/26/15 10:45 PM

Ha! I was just there Wednesday Am still in Philly, but suffering from a lousy internet connection that makes working with pictures a real pain. When I get back to Bowling Green I'll tell my story, but Rich and crew are so generous and hospitable!
That has a bit of conspiracy theory to it. Of course Yamaha has the Avant Grand line which borders on acoustic piano as furniture, offers an acoustic piano action, and is innovative as far as speaker type and location in relation to how the sample
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My trip to Cunningham Piano in Philadelphia by BrianDX @ 06/26/15 10:35 PM

I did not, as that decision had been made over a year ago. This was more of a "get the golden tour of a real piano factory" trip than a "what piano will I buy" trip. However, had I visited Cunningham before our purchase, things w
Jump to new posts Re: CP4 review at SOS by PianoZac @ 06/26/15 10:34 PM

I haven't posted in quite some time, but I almost took the plunge and traded my Nord Piano 2 for a CP4. I'm glad I didn't. There is still something static and dead sounding about Yamaha's sample set vs the Nord samples. Maybe it's the variety in Nord
Page 66 of 93 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 92 93 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway pre- and post- question
by schlaigs
5 minutes 5 seconds ago
What is the difference between PHA IV Premium and Concert?
by nylan3
7 minutes 51 seconds ago
Which verticals would be considered mellow?
by PamDD
Today at 06:54 PM
Competitions and nationality
by fnork
Today at 06:17 PM
Twelve Major and Minor Dorian scales
by Tango
Today at 05:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,852 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,223 Topics
2,423,055 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission