Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
87 registered (AZNpiano, agraffe, AndrewJCW, Anne'sson, ando, 24 invisible), 1048 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Wow, the guy can really play! And you can tell he enjoys it! Hey, that's what it's all about! Rick
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by WhoDwaldi @ 05/25/16 10:34 PM

Playing Mozart has more of a laxative effect than Beethoven--not so good for uninterrupted practice sessions. It should flow like oil. *cue the Tom Hulce Mozart laugh*
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by Rally @ 05/25/16 10:24 PM

In my experience it is possible for a keyboard to be assembled with a less than perfect component. The instrument passes all the factory test and the manufacturer boxes it up and ships to a distributor. The person who purchases the keyboard may enjoy
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strings with steep angle at the tuning pin by Bourniplus @ 05/25/16 10:20 PM

Ok, now I understand. I may well do that to string #12 when I go back to pull the new string to pitch. I'll have to practice first on another instrument though. By the way this is on a Samick I'm guessing from the late 90's. The design may be similar
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by Kawai James @ 05/25/16 10:19 PM

Hello Gers76, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the two instruments. I'm inclined to agree with kapelli in that you should trust your gut feeling and purchase the piano you enjoy the most. With regards to your query: Originally Posted By
Piano Forum
Here's a teaser Rich.. https://youtu.be/xDbyn9l4GIU DF
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by Piano*Dad @ 05/25/16 10:13 PM

From the MTNA's guide to copyright: Quote:Q: Since I am a teacher and am using the music sheets for instructional purposes, isn’t that use exempted from the copyright laws under the doctrine of “fair use?” A: The doctrine of fair use was crea
Jump to new posts Re: Microphone for Vt and EPT by daniokeeper @ 05/25/16 10:13 PM

Hi Ron, I did get a mike. But, I decided that since this is for work, I changed my mind and decided that it would be worth a larger investment. i went with: http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Meteor-Stud...ailpage_o00_s00 It was $69.99. I haven't trie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a website for piano gigging ?? by FrankCox @ 05/25/16 10:06 PM

Absolutely. If you register the domain name yourself, you can then control it and point it to any web and/or email server you wish to use. If the service provider owns your domain name, you're stuck with what they choose to offer you, which makes i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by TimR @ 05/25/16 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By WenJ Since then, she has been telling me to make copies of the pieces that my kids are playing and to take notes on the music sheet/copies like every piano teacher does in th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by TimR @ 05/25/16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By Piano*DadI think that would be covered by "fair use." No. There is no way that is fair use. Fair use for one thing is restricted to 10% of the original. What they are doing is making a second copy of the original t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Pathetique by BruceD @ 05/25/16 09:59 PM

Mad House: You should post your question in the Pianist Corner section of Piano World. This section is for the manufacture, marketing and maintenance of acoustic pianos. Now to your question: Part of the problem may depend on how long (or short)
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by AndrewJCW @ 05/25/16 09:59 PM

Exactly what do you suppose might happen to impact the functionality of your keyboard in the next 10 years? (Let alone 4 or 5!)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by shalomjj @ 05/25/16 09:47 PM

From Jay Roland this was posted in the thread on the FP30 showing that the tuning is fine: Originally Posted By Jay RolandHello all, I have been on vacation for the last 10 days, but wanted to pop in and let you know that we have confirmed with the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by Piano*Dad @ 05/25/16 09:46 PM

I think that would be covered by "fair use."
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a website for piano gigging ?? by shalomjj @ 05/25/16 09:45 PM

So it's best to own the name first through something like namecheap rather than just accepting it from a webhost?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sightreading advice!!! by Mad House @ 05/25/16 09:42 PM

Its just takes practice. It's like learning to read. Keep practicing and learning new pieces and notes and rhythm will come naturally. It's pattern recognition.
Giancarlo, one of my colleagues in the US recommends checking with some of the Sam Ash stores dotted around the state - Google Maps shows 8 different locations. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a website for piano gigging ?? by scgrant @ 05/25/16 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By shalomjjThanks for all the ideas. Say I buy a domain with my name. If I buy that domain with one registration, can it be transferred to another? Usually you won't need to transfer the domain registration, just edit the DNS rout
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Beethoven Pathetique by Mad House @ 05/25/16 09:33 PM

Hello all! I play the piano and I've come across a problem. When playing Beethoven's Pathetique 1st movement around measure 163, the notes go far down (to the left) on the keyboard. I find I have to lean heavily to the left to reach the keys and its
ok I will try that
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by Dave Horne @ 05/25/16 09:30 PM

I'd like to know what my lifespan is. When you figure this out ... and when you figure out what you will do with this information, let me know.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a website for piano gigging ?? by phantomFive @ 05/25/16 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By shalomjjThanks for all the ideas. Say I buy a domain with my name. If I buy that domain with one registration, can it be transferred to another? You can transfer it, but it can be a real pain.
Piano Forum
I just went through this situation and got a used Kawai RX-3 (a little larger than I anticipated)that was in like new condition and looked like it had barley been played when looking at the hammer felts; but if you have to buy new the Ritmuller seeme
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bach Pianist by boo1234 @ 05/25/16 09:16 PM

Gould... I like what little Bach Argerich plays as well!
Page 66 of 87 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 86 87 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Normal Sound decay vs. Ringing...how to differentiate?
by Ludwig016
05/30/16 07:44 PM
500$ to spend - need help with choosing digital piano
by AlexHerrmann
05/30/16 07:14 PM
New Roland HP/LX Series Firmware
by Jay Roland
05/30/16 03:50 PM
Belmont U. Free Sight Reading Material
by scgrant
05/30/16 12:29 PM
I'm Confessing That I Love You
by T E Bekken
05/30/16 11:25 AM
Forum Stats
83,823 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,036 Topics
2,529,367 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission