Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: wrClassical music didn't need to revamp its image to attract me when I was young. Sorting out the culture in which I lived to find the quality stuff didn't rely on marketing. But today it clearly does to revamp based on dwin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Update on new piece, your input is welcomed. by Dwscamel @ 10/18/14 11:10 AM

This is exactly what I was going to say -- the opening measure reminds me of Chopin's 25/12, because in that etude, you do the same "pinky to thumb" trick in fast sixteenths for the arpeggios. And that is way, way beyond beginner/intermedi
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by Hakki @ 10/18/14 11:10 AM

First I should say again that this is a high caliber performance. As you say, for a competition performance less or unnoticeable mistakes are expected if not none. But it is not only about mistakes. I am talking also about the accelerandos, climaxe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Romance in F minor - WOW! by Dwscamel @ 10/18/14 11:06 AM

I hadn't heard this piece before, but you're right: the march section contrasts beautifully with the opening and ending themes. And there are lots of delicate figures and ornaments that sound just beautiful, especially in this recording by Sara Danes
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: DesibartenderThere is a 1500 Charles Walter sitting in San Jose waiting for me. My daugther just didn't like the sound of Bechstein. I like how the Bechstein sounds but my daughter just seem to enjoy the Charles Walter more. Be
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
attack not "tuned" it is noisy and not sounding nice, as an old tuning that was not done optimally at start- no comment on the intervals, just the sound. it sound creaking/grinding - may be only tuned in the sustain.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie First Post by Ukjonathan @ 10/18/14 10:56 AM

Hi again and thanks for the new welcomes,                                                                    Well had a crazy week really and you'll understand why when I tell you. I started my lessons three weeks ago and my chosen teacher  said she
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Stage/Digital piano with string resonance? by sirwormsalot @ 10/18/14 10:44 AM

The MP11 sounds good. Does anyone have experience with how its action compares to a CP4? Am I right in saying that it has no speakers built-in?
Piano Teachers Forum
The thing that these two students have in common, is that they are transfer students from another teacher. In the OP, the solutions that were tried was giving fun solos and duets, pep talks, and guidance in practising efficiently. It these are tran
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's musical aesthetics by de_schreiber @ 10/18/14 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: fnork It's downloadable here for anyone that would be interested in this quite fascinating topic: Schumann's musical aesthetics Sounds interesting, but no longer available on Rapidshare.com
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question for jazz players and improvisation by Silver Keys @ 10/18/14 10:33 AM

Great thread. Lots of good insight being shared here. Thanks, everyone.
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk springs... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 10/18/14 10:32 AM

Emmery, You might want to talk springs with John Rhodes, RPT in Vancouver WA. He is an engineer who worked for Hewlett-Packard for some time. He made some alternative jack springs that were on the market for a short time I believe. There was an artic
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk springs... by Olek @ 10/18/14 10:18 AM

As long the spring is not too hard, as it is noisy and not cool for touch. It is also not good to compress too much the cushions
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: MorodieneThis is something I've often wondered about. When you change to certain keys, shouldn't you change the fingerings? Even then, some of the exercsises are downright awkward. No. Same fingering in Db as well as E.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by terminaldegree @ 10/18/14 10:06 AM

Congrats!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano search update by PhilipInChina @ 10/18/14 10:06 AM

Any piano you buy is going, eventually, to need new strings. When I bought my Bechstein the conversation with the tech went something like this: "Have the strings been replaced" "Yes, of course." (BTW in heavy Bulgarian accent
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Romance in F minor - WOW! by bennevis @ 10/18/14 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Pover What annoyed me was how unpianistic Tchaikovky's piano writing is. Especially in the barcarole, he just feels like adding a few "chord notes" in the melody line, making his pieces a voicing nightmare for someone
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Myth Buster? by turandot @ 10/18/14 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: RicksterWelcome to Piano World, Ryan! It seems to me that your myth #6 is right on par... who can argue with it? Never mind, lots of members here like to argue, period. Big difference between disagreeing and arguing. In
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano search update by beethovenop54 @ 10/18/14 09:57 AM

Thank you for your observant reply. You make some good points. According to the tech, the bridges and soundboard are all in very good condition. I have a rough idea for restringing cost. I looked at this piano at the beginning of my search. I
Jump to new posts Re: Please analyse and comment on this tuning-thanks by tonyster220763 @ 10/18/14 09:55 AM

Hi. Just to emphasize, I didnt tune this. It was a professional tuner that did (I suppose- I don't know the tuner or his name since it's from a conservatory). We are indeed hearing unisons and you can distinctly hear the beats in the skeleton.
Piano Teachers Forum
Careful friends. Einstein was a mediocre high school student.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by PhilipInChina @ 10/18/14 09:52 AM

Very, very pleased for you. May your Kawai give you as much pleasure as mine gives me.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: batmomI am going to look at a Taylor London studio piano. The model number is TU-12 then a 3 or 8 - I can't quite tell from the picture. The serial number is 1231167. 1. My question is - does anyone know by the serial numbe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs. CP4 vs. SV1 for Rhodes/Wurli by Chouca @ 10/18/14 09:49 AM

Great Rhodes tweak Scott! In general I find the EPīs in the MP7 tuned very dark, sounds better with less low EQ.
Jump to new posts Re: Lets talk springs... by Emmery @ 10/18/14 09:46 AM

Most of the jack springs are excessively long by design, bow out (bowing creates non linear strength through compression), and operate off the jacks heel in an arc stroke rather than stright line. A shorter heel, shorter spring, with less bow in it,
Page 66 of 101 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 100 101 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Gors Spangenberg
by PhilipInChina
10/22/14 09:28 PM
Help with Korg M1
by bonesy
10/22/14 09:12 PM
Screw stringer parts needed
by tenspan
10/22/14 08:58 PM
You must like every major composer
by JoelW
10/22/14 07:32 PM
Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more...
by thercman
10/22/14 07:14 PM
Who's Online
119 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, 36251, A Guy, 38 invisible), 1238 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76619 Members
42 Forums
158429 Topics
2326585 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission