Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
84 registered (Bachus, Allochi, AZ_Astro, Al LaPorte, 23 invisible), 1091 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
You may be right. The 150 may be sufficient to spend practice time on and when it's time to track, use a VST (I looked at Galaxy Vintage D and have used Pianoteq sometimes). I don't even need or want many of the features that are on most boards, incl
Jump to new posts Re: Casio px-150 vs px-a100. Is there any difference? by Cue Zephyr @ 05/18/15 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By LimpoI found out that the px-160 is supposed to be available the 9th of June. Atleast on Thomann.de. Worth the wait? If that's true, then I'm curious as well. Right now I'm awaiting reply for the Kawai ES-100 availability from t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by SwissMS @ 05/18/15 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By blackjack1777 Chopin Nocturne performed by SwissMS - This is the piece that touched me the most. I was listening to this piece in my office and it was raining for the first time, in a very long time here in California, and someth
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by bennevis @ 05/18/15 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By SvennoOriginally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By SvennoOriginally Posted By Orange Soda King Someone else mentioned Arvo Pärt? I'm obsessed with O Adonai right now. Yes! He's definitely the most famous, perhaps as well
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-115 sustain pedal reverb bug by Cue Zephyr @ 05/18/15 01:59 PM

Of course you'll all be trying this, but it'll shed some light on it. I did it like this: - Played a note or two - Engage sustain pedal - Quickly lift-off and engage again - Reverb cuts in and out
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Jytte @ 05/18/15 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By MarieJ54. Jytte - Menuet in F I’ve played this one too! But I can’t remember my Yamaha sheet music including the ornaments, which really added to the piece. Terrific work, particularly after only five months. Thank you kind
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by oldbegonia @ 05/18/15 01:54 PM

Someone mentioned a couple of things that, to me, are very important: relationship with the teacher, and materials. (By way of introduction: My husband is the piano teacher, and he's a hoot. He is remarkable well tuned-in to each individual student'
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-800 vs Nord Piano 2 HA88 vs Yamaha CP4 by Dave Ferris @ 05/18/15 01:52 PM

I'm partial to the CP4 . Best substitute non-piano I've found for jazz yet. I used both Nord Pianos, NP88 and NP2, for close to 4 years. It was a love -hate relationship. I put up with the Fatar action. Once I got the CP4 everything was SO much easi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Legato Touches by chopin_r_us @ 05/18/15 01:50 PM

Top graph staccato, lower legato. Point being he plays staccato louder. That's the only difference. Sorry Tom, I hadn't realized the ABF had become a pissing contest, and of course Mr Presser, I'd happily tell that to his face!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by Svenno @ 05/18/15 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By SvennoOriginally Posted By Orange Soda King Someone else mentioned Arvo Pärt? I'm obsessed with O Adonai right now. Yes! He's definitely the most famous, perhaps as well the greatest composer of ou
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggio and chord fingerings by rocket88 @ 05/18/15 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By Arghhh What do you recommend for fingering? If I do end up changing the fingering I'll have the awkward task of saying, "sorry, I goofed. You're right." to my students after having argued with them about it in their le
Jump to new posts Re: Customer Service KAWAI ++1 by lolatu @ 05/18/15 01:42 PM

So in brief: 1) You bought a Kawai, and it had a fault so you had to ship it off for repair. 2) Then you bought another instrument and after 20 months it was also faulty and had to be replaced. 3) Then you bought a VPC1 and the pedal malfunctione
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by Gene Nelson @ 05/18/15 01:42 PM

Ill give my humble opinion: What you describe is much involved with artist technique. Doing a good action regulation really does not consider this stuff but it should allow you to do your thing without struggling. However, there is a formula for hamm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Jytte @ 05/18/15 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By JytteOriginally Posted By peterws Now, if you and others only knew the true historical meaning of "Greensleeves" . . . . Well, enlighten us then, would you. Don't leave me hanging here. O
Piano Forum
Below is a picture of Gary on my left, with his brother Kirk on my right. This picture is from one of our piano world piano forums tours of the Mason & Hamlin factory (2011). Which includes Cecil Ramirez, myself, Kirk and Gary, Bruce Clark
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by Plowboy @ 05/18/15 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By Nikolas Is it psychologically sane to be resonating with what someone was, or wrote, or composed 200 years ago? Does it even make any sense in today's time? Sure it makes sense. People haven't changed in the last 200 years. Te
I found out that the px-160 is supposed to be available the 9th of June. Atleast on Thomann.de. Worth the wait?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talking someone into taking up piano by D7K @ 05/18/15 01:15 PM

No, but when my sister-in-law said she wanted to try learning, I "lent" her my Yam P105 (to be donated when she buys her upright if she stays with it) and she was taking lessons a couple of weeks later. She's now on month 4 and loving it, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs kawai by Mariedybeedy @ 05/18/15 01:14 PM

Has anyone tried the Yamaha AvantGrand or Kawai CP1 digital grand pianos? If so, what's your take on them?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggio and chord fingerings by bennevis @ 05/18/15 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By Arghhh For example, LH E major chord is fingered 5421. In solid form this feels fine, but in broken form and the arpeggio the 3rd finger is much easier because it reduces the stretch from the 5th finger. I'm not a teacher, but
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-115 sustain pedal reverb bug by peterws @ 05/18/15 01:08 PM

I would hope it does exhibit this feature. If it doesn`t, then perhaps that`s one reason digital pianos are usually played with the throttle wide open . . . . I better check om my own . . . . You do realize we`ll all be doing this now??
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov - Sonata in d-minor op. 28 by Orange Soda King @ 05/18/15 01:07 PM

My favorite composition by Rachmaninoff. I don't like the tempo to be too slow, but it doesn't have to rush. Needs long line and direction, as well as clear voicing. Which is a nightmare in that piece... Haha! I prefer it to the second sonata, both o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by blackjack1777 @ 05/18/15 01:06 PM

I'm just getting back to the forum here after the weekend and I want to say a very sincere thank you to all of the folks that have comment and provided feedback to me on my piece. Thank you Tom Christian, ElaineAllegro, Jytte, casinitaly, wouter79,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Arpeggio and chord fingerings by Arghhh @ 05/18/15 01:05 PM

When I was taking lessons as a kid I know my scales, arpeggios and chords were never as good as they should have been, so now as a teacher I've been harping on my students to get the correct fingerings on these according to their scale books. Well, I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer action changes between 2000-2002 by Rich Galassini @ 05/18/15 01:04 PM

Dear twocats, Most high end piano companies, Bosendorfer included, are regularly looking at their instruments. Around the time you mention Bosendorfer did make a change in their action ratio. I loved their actions before this change and I love their
Page 67 of 104 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 103 104 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai CA67 Downweight
by Matheon
05/23/15 07:45 AM
Chinese whispers - idea for an ear-training game for ABF
by dire tonic
05/23/15 07:37 AM
Georges Le-Bonque improvising on Franz Liszt's Ballade No. 2
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:45 AM
a recently designed 9 8 grand piano
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:19 AM
Kate Hull Bundy: Diaries of a Young Pianist, 1891-1898
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:13 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,262 Topics
2,409,409 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission