Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Ganddalf @ 08/30/14 03:42 AM

I'll remove the Couperin suite next time I update the list. Concerning the Italian Concerto I think the conclusion from the last discussion was that it is not actually a suite. But unless other participants have serious objections I think it can be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by SwissMS @ 08/30/14 03:03 AM

FarmGirl, congratulations on your new job opportunity. I hope it turns out well for you! I love your plan of going back to college for piano performance when you retire! I think that is awesome, and well worth the work and expense. Music is clearl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by FarmGirl @ 08/30/14 03:00 AM

Everyone Thank you for your wishes. I will report back to you on my music journey. Gosh I know I have to find a piano in Denver. Does Rennaisance hotel have a piano? Does anyone know. Maple I would not drive trash truck but this job is not a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ 08/30/14 02:51 AM

SwissMS You are a roll model for many of us.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by rnaple @ 08/30/14 02:22 AM

Congrats, FarmGirl... I actually thought you might consider opening your own small business. Something you can stay local with. I also understand a person can spend all of their time trying to make a business work. I still laugh at the thought of t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Mark_C @ 08/30/14 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfan....when I was thinking about Brahms, I had to wonder: why is it that his Variations on an Original Theme (Op 21) is not more often played? What a fabulous work. Yes it is. Why not more played? I think a bunch of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TEST by wouter79 @ 08/30/14 02:13 AM

anything
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 08/30/14 02:04 AM

The dog drops the ball a few feet from me which gives her time to get back into position between the "goalposts" . . .that's all she wants to do all day, inside or out. She doesn't let many in!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by argerichfan @ 08/30/14 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: DameMyraI'm not sure why everyone doesn't know this. Well you are quick! I had to mentally plow through the usual suspects, but I got it relatively early. OT, when I was thinking about Brahms, I had to wonder: why is it that
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
What a strange, dry-sounding piano! What is it? Regards,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1: a 3D model for any DIY purposes by Kawai James @ 08/30/14 01:34 AM

Thank you for the additional renders. Your setup is (and will be) unique. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by harpon @ 08/30/14 01:09 AM

The guy I didn't buy a piano from gave me an interesting tip about tuning- and that is the sometimes rust can form on strings that round the corner and go back up- at the bottom point of contact- and that can hang up and easily then break the stri
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by beet31425 @ 08/30/14 12:57 AM

Interesting piece. It's certainly not a "B" section; the 6th variation "proper" covers the whole theme, so whatever that Adagio section is needs to be considered something different. You *could* call it a 7th variation, but it's
Cas... I don't know enough to definitely help you without the possibility of confusing the issue further. I can definitely suggest asking in the digital piano forum. Some people there really know their stuff.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interviewing for a piano teaching job by Jonathan Baker @ 08/30/14 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary D.As we both know there are teachers who are far better at attracting students than teaching them. I look at advertisement of any kind as a very necessary but horribly unpleasant evil. Strangely, other people seem to enjoy
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Mark_C @ 08/30/14 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: beet31425Originally Posted By: Mark_CBut I will say.....if it's what I'm thinking, I wouldn't call the piece "well known." Yeah, it's not one of the 'unknown' ones, but.....let me put it this way: It's probably the lea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ 08/30/14 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: SwissMSI have another AOTW - I finally received my ABRSM grade 5 theory exam results: 89/100, a merit! I missed distinction by one point. Still, I am very happy with the results. With that passed, I am now cleared to sit practi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Paul678 @ 08/30/14 12:28 AM

Ok, so what % of the re-builders out there are good? Maybe like 10% or so? Is there some sort of degree or official schooling to learn how to do it? Like something from the PTG? Or do you just learn on the job? What is everyone's opinion of D
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, here I go! Deep breath....Brahms 118/2 by Cinnamonbear @ 08/30/14 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes[...] I will work on my wrist plies! I probably should consider DOING some plies before playing. It might center and relax me. My piano teacher had originally pursued ballet and piano, but thanks to the lovely so
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by earlofmar @ 08/30/14 12:05 AM

good luck with the new endevours how ever they turn out
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1: a 3D model for any DIY purposes by ethananim @ 08/30/14 12:03 AM

I'll have to settle with some doughboys for tonight. The Design is actually quite flat. I wanted the faceting to show up when an overhead piano light was used therefore accenting the edges. Frankly, the reason I haven't made it yet is because
Pianist Corner
Most North American universities would regard the 4th Bach Invention as a fairly easy work, as it's often played very well by middle school aged students. Typically, a Bach work for audition purposes would be something more substantial, like a movem
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by Saranoya @ 08/29/14 11:58 PM

FarmGirl, Congratulations. It seems to me that your 2.5 months of unemployment have been used very productively! You're following your heart, following your passion. Good for you! Keep us posted on your journey towards making this dream come true
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, here I go! Deep breath....Brahms 118/2 by TwoSnowflakes @ 08/29/14 11:58 PM

Thanks, all. You've given me a lot to think about. I'm going to see what I can do with it and then see if I can rerecord it with some better...finesse. Heather, you've hit the nail on the head. For me, technique is not an end in itself but simply
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does it get easier? by Francisco Scalco @ 08/29/14 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Roland The BeagleI admit, I have yet to perform fully to my 'true' standards. In other words, I've been involved in music long enough to have an idea of what's truly within my potential. By this, I mean I can imagine playing a
Page 67 of 118 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 117 118 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
93 registered (AliAlkhiro, Alux, AZNpiano, Anticlock, 21 invisible), 1096 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76053 Members
42 Forums
157255 Topics
2309766 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Should I pursue piano?
by arpan70
09/03/14 01:05 AM
An edifying challenge
by BDB
09/02/14 11:44 PM
Steinway or Porsche?
by Jennymomofboys
09/02/14 10:16 PM
Shostakovich Prelude 4 (E minor)
by johnlewisgrant
09/02/14 09:24 PM
Help!
by MandyD
09/02/14 09:09 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission