Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
122 registered (augustm, beet31425, Bambers, audrewh, Almaviva, 27 invisible), 1892 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Willie Myette's New Online Course? by Riddler @ 09/23/16 06:43 PM

Bert, many years ago, I bought a few of his tutorial DVDs. I thought he was good about starting with basics, defining terms, giving lots of examples, etc. He used to be pretty good about answering question, too. So I'd be surprised if you are not com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: STOLEN STEINWAY GRANDS by Del @ 09/23/16 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By DanSI posted this one before, but it bears repeating. Some guys showed up to a university with an official looking work order (with the worlds most famous piano brand logos on it) to take the action from one of their grands for
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Yamaha CP4 ??? by musicmad @ 09/23/16 06:28 PM

Hi, Assuming anyone on here has the Yamaha CP4? what is the case with the USB input feature.. when recording a performance is it saved as a MIDI file or WAVE file?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: STOLEN STEINWAY GRANDS by DanS @ 09/23/16 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By ShiroKuroGood grief, this thread is gonna make me paranoid! The thing about paranoia is, you only have to be right once to make it worthwhile!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Older Kawai vs. new Gyer vs. new Weber by huaidongxi @ 09/23/16 06:09 PM

there's a tendency with many asian pianos that are not the premium line of the respective brand, the hammers aren't the highest quality and get harder before too long, increasing their bright/brittle/harsh timbre. the kawai probably started out new
Piano Forum
While fun to discuss and throw opinions about, at that level and with the rarity of these instruments, you'll have to make a field trip or 2.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Older Kawai vs. new Gyer vs. new Weber by EByers @ 09/23/16 05:33 PM

Thanks for all of the comments. Regarding the Kawai, I have contacted a technician and am working to get him over to look at it. As for the "rough edges" on the Geyer, I would classify those more of a fit and finish on the cabinet. Act
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a bridge crack? by Chris Leslie @ 09/23/16 05:30 PM

No. I have had factory experience for many years, not with pianos, and it is normal to have at the back end of quality control repairs done before final shipment. The repairs may be done in the factory, or they can be contracted externally. Either wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Willie Myette's New Online Course? by dmd @ 09/23/16 05:20 PM

You might as well go for a month subscription (money back guarantee) and then you will know. Anything you get here will be someone else's opinion and not yours.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing staccato to improve precision by chopinoholic @ 09/23/16 05:19 PM

In my experience staccato helps alot in fast passage work. Especially when both hands play together. It also helps to play for example two sixteenth legato and two staccato. Or every first second third or fourth staccato. Also let the weakest hand
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing staccato to improve precision by Vid @ 09/23/16 05:06 PM

Yes. Are you using a metronome? Best thing for evenness is to play each 16th notes at 208 bpm playing staccato and not.
Jump to new posts Re: NU1 > N1 >> CA97 >>> LX17... IMHO :) by peterws @ 09/23/16 05:02 PM

I would concur with your thoughts particularly concerning the nu1 which previously I had not liked at all. In fact I`m embarrassed by what I wrote about my impressions then. (but I`ll get over it) For that is all they are. Time and experience de-
Jump to new posts Re: NU1 > N1 >> CA97 >>> LX17... IMHO :) by CaptainMusic @ 09/23/16 05:00 PM

Great review CyberGene. I wish to have either an N1 or NU1. The CA97 isn't bad, but I agree with your thoughts. I'm going to try and find them in the same showroom to compare the upright and grand action.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My baby grand by Almaviva @ 09/23/16 04:58 PM

I'm a late arrival to this thread, Philip. Congratulations, sir! How old is your new "baby", by the way?
Jump to new posts Re: Audio-Technica ATH-EW9 Clip on headphones by Providence @ 09/23/16 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By rychubilOriginally Posted By Providence When you say that the sound is close to the ear what do you mean exactly? Thanks ATH-M50X are closed back and HD598 are open - first of all this technical difference makes that sound is c
Jump to new posts Re: NU1 > N1 >> CA97 >>> LX17... IMHO :) by spanishbuddha @ 09/23/16 04:45 PM

Thanks for the review and your own thoughts. I have an NU1, and what I found in the first year or so was that the action was just so hopelessly uncontrollable, at least compared to most high end DP's. I invited my teacher to my house and was dumbfou
Jump to new posts Re: Resolving line noise? by prout @ 09/23/16 04:44 PM

Maybe a line conditioner would help. Other posters here have experience with the devices.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Playing staccato to improve precision by Qazsedcft @ 09/23/16 04:41 PM

I'm practicing a rather fast Bach piece at the moment (BWV 927) and having trouble with precision. Sometimes I hear unevenness and sometimes notes in both hands are not simultaneous. Of course, I decided to slow down and practice measure-by-measure,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to identify good piano dealers? by pianoloverus @ 09/23/16 04:39 PM

Good piano dealers don't unequivocally say that their inventory choices are the best in each price range. They say "In our opinion" even if some would assume it's their opinion without that phrase or "We feel that make X is one of the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: STOLEN STEINWAY GRANDS by ShiroKuro @ 09/23/16 04:37 PM

Good grief, this thread is gonna make me paranoid! You'd never think something as big as a piano could be stolen, so I guess it's good to be a little suspicious, unfortunately!
Piano Forum
Has anyone played all three of these pianos? I would really like to know if there is any noticeable difference between the Phoenix 212 and the Steingraeber 212 that would justify the extra cost? Also how does the Bose 225 and 212 compare in the lo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yuja Wang (and Grimaud/Lang) article by pianoloverus @ 09/23/16 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboyIn another 10 years we'll all be in awe of her. I hope I'm around to see it. What will change in 10 years? Will she get better, will she play different rep, will we better appreciate her(why compared to the present), wil
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Older Kawai vs. new Gyer vs. new Weber by huaidongxi @ 09/23/16 04:26 PM

the Geyer pianos made in Zhejiang are a very recent revision of a former German manufacturer. the company struggled during the bad old cold war days, had somewhat of a revival in recent decades, and sold for pretty serious money with the made in Deu
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP 163 double octave problem by Gombessa @ 09/23/16 04:25 PM

It sounds normal to me as well! I wonder if we all may have individual sensitivities to certain tones...
Jump to new posts NU1 > N1 >> CA97 >>> LX17... IMHO :) by CyberGene @ 09/23/16 04:11 PM

I've spent an hour today comparing Yamaha AvantGrand N1 vs NU1 side by side (and also to CA97 and LX17). Let me begin that both N1 and NU1 are absolutely terrific instruments! And I went there with the intention to play only the N1. But since NU1 wa
Page 67 of 69 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pieces you think you will never grow tired of listening to
by pianoloverus
09/30/16 12:35 PM
KAWAI MP11 Question (Microphone Use)
by RE Junesworth
09/30/16 11:48 AM
How does Synthesia work? Can someone help me out?
by Cutestpuppie
09/30/16 11:14 AM
Roland RD-64 carrying case?
by Meaghanw
09/30/16 10:49 AM
Bösendorfer case problem (or not)?
by Davdoc
09/30/16 09:52 AM
Forum Stats
85,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,438 Topics
2,559,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission