Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
115 registered (AndrewJCW, AndyP, anamnesis, 4Fingers, APiano, 34 invisible), 1604 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By MacMacMac This is completely false:Quote:If a piano is built by someone getting paid a few dollars a day for 8 - 12 hours of work, you really can't expect them to produce a unit which is as high in quality as someone who is paid
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov plays Glazunov 2nd Piano Concerto by Tim Adrianson @ 08/18/16 01:14 PM

Hi, OSK! Glazunov didn't write all that much for piano, but what he did write is IMO just excellent. In addition to the 2nd Concerto, I'd also very much recommend his 1st, composed in 1911 -- it's a two-movement work in a very rich, lyrical, late-Ro
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov plays Glazunov 2nd Piano Concerto by Incongruous @ 08/18/16 12:56 PM

I played both of his piano sonatas. I played his second sonata in my final recital at College. Anton Kuerti and Dmitri Bashkirov both recorded Glazunov's first piano sonata: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhudQ_DD_TA (I know it says no.2 but it is
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by Bob @ 08/18/16 12:54 PM

Did your piano technician offer an explanation? Are the strings still stretching out after a pitch raise? Is the piano difficult to tune? Are the tuning pins loose? Are the tuning pins tight, sticky and hard to set? Do the strings hang up at the bea
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by brooster @ 08/18/16 12:47 PM

Pianoteq Standard and the additional sounds including the Steinway Model B are 30% off through August!
Pianoteq Standard and the additional sounds are 30% off through August.
Jump to new posts Pianoteq Standard 30% off through August by brooster @ 08/18/16 12:44 PM

Pianoteq Standard 30% off through August. The additional sounds are also 30% off through August. I do not work for Pianoteq. Is it OK to post this?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By keystring What makes you so sure that teachers never do? (I disagree).[quote] Is based solely on my experience among teachers for 35 years, I have always been interested, how are teach other teachers . I am glad that you're in
Roland fp-30 and Pianoteq Standard. Pianoteq standard is 30% off through August.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts A piano museum shop by Alexy Stavitsky(Russia) by Maximillyan @ 08/18/16 12:32 PM

Creative meeting for students-pianists, music college by name Kazenin (Vyatka, Kirov, Russia) Pianists from Vyatka share their experience and they plays on historical pianos which reconstructed by A.Stavitsky https://youtu.be/soApfv4Xhtc
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Nahum A pity that teachers never are dealing with this . What makes you so sure that teachers never do? (I disagree). Good teachers are rare, and the ones who clear up the messes their predecessors have made are worth thei
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By keystring That is the journey I have been on over the last few years. In the long run it is quite rewarding. There are moments along the way that are also rewarding. But it is also a daunting task, and it is much harder than
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by MeganR @ 08/18/16 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By bSharp[C 10. MeganR - Chorale in E Minor, BWV 512 (to do) Hi Megan, Thanks for sharing this. This is the same one on SoundCloud, right? I had listened to that a couple months back I think. Different title though, BWV 112 Ho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: shigeru sk5 heavy action = normal ? by Bass Cadet @ 08/18/16 12:10 PM

It is definitely not normal. A few years ago, we bought a 2000 SK-5 to replace a 1976 Yamaha UX. It was primarily for our then 6 year old daughter. She said it was heavier than the Yamaha, but was able to quickly adapt. We've since had it voiced and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The word for "practice" in your language? by Orange Soda King @ 08/18/16 12:08 PM

In my language, we say "practice." Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Martha Argerich plays Liszt 1 at the BBC Proms! by Orange Soda King @ 08/18/16 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusToo bad the ringing phone interrupted the performance a few times. The triangle ringtone on the person's phone always happened with the beat.
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello, hello! I too love the song Fur Elise, so I got an easier and shorter version of it from Amazon. It is in Faber Piano Adventure Level 2B book. It is orange on the cover and also has other songs, some as follows: #1 The Time Machine, # 2 T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts 2004 Hamilton H391 value by racerdoc @ 08/18/16 12:05 PM

Can anyone give me a value range for a 2004 Baldwin Hamilton H391 in excellent condition? I am having a tech look at this piano tonight, but I would like to confirm year and reasonable value range. Model: H391 Serial Number: M208023 Length: 4'7"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The word for "practice" in your language? by Rania @ 08/18/16 11:58 AM

I'm curious about the different words used to describe "practicing" in different languages and what their meaning implies about the activity. I like the word "study" used in Egyptian Arabic مذاكرة. German uses "üben&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Martha Argerich plays Liszt 1 at the BBC Proms! by pianoloverus @ 08/18/16 11:53 AM

Too bad the ringing phone interrupted the performance a few times.
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by OrgantoPiano @ 08/18/16 11:50 AM

I faced the same dilemma a few months ago and after much exploration, went with the Yamaha N2. I'm perhaps in a different position in that I'm a part time church music director. I've also had digital keyboards since the 1980s so I'm comfortable with
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ 08/18/16 11:43 AM

Dear all, I know it should sound weird, Yamaha is known for his well built pianos. Btw, probabily I am wrong but I'd like to know your opinion. So, I have purchased a C3 XA in october 2013, the piano was sent pre tuned and it has been working pretty
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time playing a FAZIOLI F278! by Keith D Kerman @ 08/18/16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibOriginally Posted By Keith D KermanOriginally Posted By Ken IisakaI'm not convinced of the story, either. If the buyer was truly of the means, why wouldn't s/he have an F278 AND a Hamburg D? Perhaps the buyer couldn't c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianists with high seating positions by WhoDwaldi @ 08/18/16 11:26 AM

Daniel Barenboim sits high, as did James Levine when he was active as a pianist. https://youtu.be/l7GtXZTrKJc https://youtu.be/2DbwrU3QZsA BTW, I consider "sitting high" not so much bench inches as arm angle and how far the elbows are ab
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: shigeru sk5 heavy action = normal ? by pianoloverus @ 08/18/16 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By tirtaonly around 15 minutes. the owner has already said that this piano is not right for me, he advise that gx or even gl is more suitable to my hands. but since there is no floor model of both these types, I have not tried pl
Page 67 of 72 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 71 72 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does anyone have the Yamaha P-115 ? Please help me !
by Davidkian
58 minutes 3 seconds ago
Single note repetition - technique
by modernpianoman
Today at 05:34 PM
Kawai K500 in black/nickel finish
by IrishRags
Today at 05:20 PM
Tuner recommendations in San Francisco
by TheLoneliestMonk
Today at 03:17 PM
Noisy keyboard?
by CalUK
Today at 01:57 PM
Forum Stats
84,757 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,720 Topics
2,550,071 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission