Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (Anne'sson, 36251, Albunea, 29 invisible), 1445 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Which country are you in? Here in Germany, the fair price for a new DP is very easy to establish: you look at what the three to five big shops want to have (via their websites). They will ship within about a week. So for any local shop you just have
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata No. 3 Op. 58 Finale by Mark_C @ 10/05/15 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By trigalg693....My teacher said back in Russia everyone did.... I knew they endured hardship there, but I never knew they endured that much hardship.
Jump to new posts Re: A day of playtesting keybeds by Hendrik42 @ 10/05/15 04:22 AM

No DP action I have met so far has been as loud as an acoustic piano action. At the Steinway shop it was actually quite important to them to point out that a acoustic with "silent" enabled is actually not silent, but goes thumb-thumb-thumb
Adult Beginners Forum
4 October Started in the morning with Georg Böhm, harpsichord Suites.... Afternoon ........ A lot of Haydn, Sonaten......part one edition Peters....... mmmm...nice, and in the music-cupboard the other three books...... Best regards, Johan B
Piano Forum
If you need new hammers at some point, finding a voicer that knows how to prep them and what to use (Grotrian can provide them eventually pre voiced) Will help the piano to keep his character. And is probably the hard part of your job. I'd go for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata No. 3 Op. 58 Finale by trigalg693 @ 10/05/15 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By trigalg693....It helps if you've done Chopin op.10 no.1 (and practiced the right hand part in the left hand).... Who does that? BTW, for me, the etude is far harder than this part of the sonata. A big
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By BDBIf you have friends you can play with, keep both. I do! Unfortunately though, I did decide to sell - the little girl who looked at it fell in love, and I couldn't break her heart....although now mine is breaking! Anyhow,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by FarmGirl @ 10/05/15 03:25 AM

da96163, thank you. Here's my attempt to translate the feedback of Japanse clitic (not her official one). as promised. There is more but I will do it later Day 1 note only... I will translate the remaining next weel Hansen, student of Henri Barda
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: QRS Silent Piano by terminaldegree @ 10/05/15 03:17 AM

Hi Steve00, You're posting in the wrong part of the forum to get an answer. Try the technician's forum, or the regular piano forum, not the FAQ page.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by Rich Galassini @ 10/05/15 03:13 AM

All these new posts are really getting in the way of my ignoring this thread.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli by Rich Galassini @ 10/05/15 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By Seeker I suspect that Yamaha and Steinway are the pianos on which the contestants have practiced the most. Given equally good feeling and sounding pianos, with the high stakes involved, I'd opt for the brand on which I was used
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach English Suite No.2 : Prelude Video. by debussychopin @ 10/05/15 03:10 AM

He's like that when he doesn't receive attention. Playing and posting is one thing but to play and build something difficult and put it out for all to see in its bareNess for all to critique , for the sake of learning and growing is miles of charact
Piano Forum
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli by Rich Galassini @ 10/05/15 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By Norbert The reason for this is manifold: first of all we are usually talking about a 9' concert grands - not the entire line of what a makers offers. So if you are perhaps comparing smaller sizes between different makers,it's mea
Piano Forum
Hey ya, Sorry to disappoint the people who gave me reasons why i should get the Kawai CN35. Im sadly not getting that LOL! Ooo, yes. I'm about to invest BIG. I'm planning to put a Grand Piano into the lounge to make it look fancier I haven't been a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 5-Finger Position? by AZNpiano @ 10/05/15 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By Nahum5-finger position - is a formula of Chopin, which he used with student at his first piano lesson: E, F #, G #, Bb, С for а right hand, C, Bb, Ab, Gb, Е for a left. It is anatomically the most convenient a way to adapt f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talented Transfer Students by AZNpiano @ 10/05/15 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By bluestonHmm, if they were well taught previously, i wonder what led them to become transfer students then? I wouldn't call them "well taught" because they would have been much further along had they truly been well tau
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli by Norbert @ 10/05/15 02:29 AM

The "choosing business" provides one of the most unreliable data for those seeking the right piano for themselves. The reason for this is manifold: first of all we are usually talking about a 9' concert grands - not the entire line of what
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite lead-up to a recapitulation? by argerichfan @ 10/05/15 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By Orange Soda KingOriginally Posted By argerichfanOriginally Posted By SiFi I love Brahms's answer to the guy who asked him why he added a passionate, emotionally charged scherzo: "Because the first m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1889 Sterling Piano Catalog Pics by Olek @ 10/05/15 02:22 AM

what a nice scale , it may be an extremly tall piano; this was certainly very advanced for the time
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Leon Fleisher Appreciation by terminaldegree @ 10/05/15 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By Anne'ssonI heard Leon Fleischer one time live, at the Boston Symphony Orchestra in 1966, Erich Leinsdorf conducting. They played Beethoven's piano concerto no. 4. A sublime experience. I would pay some serious money to go bac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli by terminaldegree @ 10/05/15 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves The easiest action is the one you own. The second easiest is Steinway because we've all played on numerous Steinways. It's not even a choice. Even for a student, most recitals seem to be on Steinways. Lots of teache
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By RicksterGood for you for holding out on the price. Despite the number of used pianos on the market, really nice pianos are hard to find. They can be found, but you have to look high and low... I wouldn't be surprised if the pot
Jump to new posts Re: A day of playtesting keybeds by Charles Cohen @ 10/05/15 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By jackifusThe thing that disturbs me about the Privia isn't the *feel* of the action, it's that the action is loud. To me, I heard it thumping even during quiet playing - and certainly while playing with headphones. . . That's
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a DP is more frustrating than buying a car by Charles Cohen @ 10/05/15 02:04 AM

Two years of waiting? . . . How much is a day's worth of playing time worth, to you? Multiply that by 700 -- that's your "foregone value" for delaying the purchase. Of course, the DP's may have improved over that time. If you think like
Page 67 of 101 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 100 101 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why Is It So Difficult to Switch Between Pianos?
by newbert
31 minutes 49 seconds ago
Been gone for a year - What's new ?
by mitzysman
47 minutes 14 seconds ago
Anyone ever learn a piece as if you've already known it?
by ChopinLives81
Today at 12:14 PM
Use digital piano as a reference to tune acoustic piano?
by jungle_VIP
Today at 11:28 AM
No acoustic piano experience
by Edb123
Today at 11:25 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,983 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,408 Topics
2,453,402 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission