Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (ando, accordeur, Anne'sson, anamnesis, 31 invisible), 1069 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 06/29/15 01:13 PM

Thanks for the poll, da. Originally Posted By da96103 Martha Argerich is an anomaly. She does not use energy in her performance, she GETS energy from the performance. My birthday is the same day as Martha's so I hope some day I can get energy fro
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ 06/29/15 01:13 PM

This is only about the second time I've heard the Tchaikovsky PC #2. Frankly, I find it almost unlistenable(not meaning he isn't playing it well). Anyone else feel the same way?
Pianist Corner
Man, AWESOME cadenza!!!!
Pianist Corner
Judging by what I'm hearing so far, extremely solid and fine piano playing here from Genusias! Great sense of the larger form, sense of where the bigger and smaller culminations are, and direction. The nasty passages are played without signs of fatig
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Gatsbee13this is going to be a lot of work just looking for a teacher.. but I'm not going to give up before even trying.. if in the end i don't find a teacher i can work with, i guess it will be self-teaching through youtube and
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 speaker noise by stamkorg @ 06/29/15 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By grace_note I also have a new HP508, and I experience no speaker noise at all... There is maybe a problem with some pieces on some units... But then, if it is the case, Roland should propose a solution to their customers.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Brendan @ 06/29/15 01:00 PM

Man, he's killing it so far. Really great stuff, and it's so refreshing to hear this concerto live. his previous experience with this piece is really showing.
Jump to new posts Re: Problems with Disklavier midi in-out by Peterer @ 06/29/15 12:56 PM

Thank you everybody. I am trying to go to yahoo groups. I have the owner's membership group approbation, I will post the ask there.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Brendan @ 06/29/15 12:54 PM

I think at this point, objectively speaking, Li is in the lead in terms of his consistency and energy alone. Debargue is an amazing, subtle artist who seems to excel at recitals and "chamber" concerti (much like Redkin). I'd love to hear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ 06/29/15 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkAs I said earlier, it's extremely rare even in major competitions to do two concerti one after the other. In a few competitions, there's a requirement to do a classical concerto plus a romantic concerto, and perhaps there ar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/29/15 12:50 PM

Cellist often do two short, demanding concerti in one concert--with break. Pianists? I saw Barenboim do Beethoven 3 and Tchaik. 1 in one live NY Phil concert, years ago. With a breather between (orchestra-only work). I guess, due to all the Mozart
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 06/29/15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis[Does Martha Argerich lack stamina - even at her age? Martha Argerich is an anomaly. She does not use energy in her performance, she GETS energy from the performance. In 'Bloody Daughters', a documentary directed and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by Eric NYC @ 06/29/15 12:45 PM

I've started playing from my iPad, using the ForScore app. I need a Bluetooth pedal for page-turning. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 speaker noise by stamkorg @ 06/29/15 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandHi Threethumb, Sorry to hear about your HP508. As others have mentioned, your first port of call should be your dealer where you made the purchase. Rest assured that Roland will work with your dealerl see to it that y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 06/29/15 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaDa, I went to check the poll. It is not on the main page anymore so couldn't find it. The cello poll in main page now and the 2 Russians have all the votes. This the tricky part. Every time you refresh the page, you get
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by bennevis @ 06/29/15 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By da96103Originally Posted By Ricochet75It was more of a real-time observation, on my behalf. His ending of the first movement sounded genuinely weary and spent. I think he finished the last movement well, though. Debargue does l
Piano Forum
Pass on it and keep looking. This thing sounds like a turd. If this is your budget range, go digital and save yourself the headache. Casio Privia or Yamaha P Series or Kawai ES100
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/29/15 12:35 PM

Is it going to be "Kevin Spacey" conductor for everybody? (Maestro Bogorad is terrific.)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by keystring @ 06/29/15 12:33 PM

CYCLE 7 Difficulty - Beginner Length - 8 bars Time signature - 3/4 Recommended metronome mark - 138 to the quarter Composer - Polyphonist 1 - PianoStudent88 - COMPLETED 2 - Greener - COMPLETE 3 - hreichgott - COMPLETE 4 - 5 -
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Markarian @ 06/29/15 12:32 PM

From the consumer standpoint it's the territory thing that I think is the most troublesome. I flew to Texas to pick out my piano and it was well worth the trip (both generally and financially). Car dealers are similar, but you will usually find half
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 06/29/15 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By Ricochet75It was more of a real-time observation, on my behalf. His ending of the first movement sounded genuinely weary and spent. I think he finished the last movement well, though. Debargue does look a bit on the thin side.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 speaker noise by stamkorg @ 06/29/15 12:31 PM

Threethumb, Keep us informed please
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 06/29/15 12:31 PM

Da, I went to check the poll. It is not on the main page anymore so couldn't find it. The cello poll in main page now and the 2 Russians have all the votes.
Pianist Corner
That is to mean, he was so good but unfortunately performing two concertos effected his performance. Otherwise at one moment in his Liszt I was almost in tears. Very expressive playing overall. So my comment was that I am sorry that he won't probably
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Ricochet75 @ 06/29/15 12:28 PM

It was more of a real-time observation, on my behalf. His ending of the first movement sounded genuinely weary and spent. I think he finished the last movement well, though.
Page 67 of 94 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Buying new Dp Help - Yamaha ydp s52
by TigerPaws
07/03/15 06:29 PM
Why do high-end Casio pianos have less tones than low end?
by FrankCox
07/03/15 05:53 PM
beware of what before buying an antique Lindeman baby grand?
by Lucylu
07/03/15 05:28 PM
Re-learning musc
by Isabelle1949
07/03/15 05:24 PM
Whats a good classical album for a non-expert to study?
by Gatsbee13
07/03/15 04:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,277 Topics
2,423,750 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission