Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
125 registered (ando, accordeur, AndyJoe, 36251, angga888, 37 invisible), 1565 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lady says her piano smells like cat urine. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 12/16/14 10:48 PM

Baking soda? Tried it for a customer. In the end, the only solution was to sell it and buy another.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: Scott Hamlinbut as demand grows Android will catch up eventually. Maybe.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Flourishes and Fills by pfpiano123 @ 12/16/14 10:30 PM

Thank you hreichgott - I'm new to this blog & may have been in the wrong category for my question since the questions I have seen refer to the classical genre. Anyway, my questions are: 1. If anything goes in the pop world, then I assume all
Here is a view of the partials of a M3. The wave-file can be heard here - M3 resultant You can hear the resultant, using headphones, starting at about 2 seconds into the recording. The resultant is at 66.6309Hz, but does not show up in the Fourier
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Traumerie by Mark_C @ 12/16/14 10:26 PM

Just wanted to help make sure you know to take Louis's comment with that good old grain of salt. He has a 'thing' about arpeggiation. When you see a post of his, you can almost predict there's going to be something about that -- and, for what it's w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Kawai K25 by VNN @ 12/16/14 10:19 PM

Thank you, Bruce, Robert. I decided not to buy this piano for two reasons: 1) the piano pedal is loosen. 2) the owner did not accept any counter offer. Thanks again! vnn
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Writing for piano - articulation - legato - staccato by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 12/16/14 10:15 PM

I would automatically play any note written without an indicated articulation as a legato. Unless I were playing very early Baroque music, then I would pay attention to intervals ... some of which could be played "detache" .. a light
Jump to new posts Re: Another check for the low bass-the 7th harmonic by DoelKees @ 12/16/14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTBut if our ears hear it, i.e. the ear drum is moving in and out with a resultant component, then the microphone diaphragm will have the resultant component in it, and that should be picked up in a Fourier trans
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video available from "How It's Made" by Markarian @ 12/16/14 10:14 PM

Rich, how the he1l did that B get so disgusting??! You guys really did a fantastic job on it, but I'm really curious as to the story behind it!
I once rebuilt a Steinway that had been peed in by cats. Many ,many things were tried. The cure was painting the affected wood with a couple of coats of shellac. And replacing damaged felt.
Jump to new posts Re: Story & Clark Mahogany Sound Board by BDB @ 12/16/14 10:10 PM

It depends on your expectations. Most people's expectations are not so great that it will make a difference to them.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by TwoSnowflakes @ 12/16/14 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: toyboyI dont mean to get people going, and not sure this relates exactly...but reading some of these opinions about practising reminded me of an article in the New Republic by one Mark Oppenheimer that got me fuming. He teaches
Jump to new posts Re: Advantages of tuning A4 = 442 Hz by Ed Foote @ 12/16/14 09:54 PM

Greetings, The first reason to tune at 442 that I can think of is when the piano is already there. you know, that piano you gave a 30 cent pitch raise to 440 on your first visit in February, and now, in July, it is about 8 cents sharp everywher
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Question by Morodiene @ 12/16/14 09:50 PM

While it will be her call, I do think the PX-150 is the best deal for that price range. The action on the PX-150 is probably better than the Brodmann (although I've never played a Brodmann), and it's a step up from the PX-700 which is the previous ge
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Argerich in Liszt's 6th Rhapsody by Damon @ 12/16/14 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: argerichfan This is incredible playing. As much as I practiced, I never could match that playing at 1:23. Truly the playing of a Goddess. Yes, she plays this better than me too! Originally Posted By: argerichfan knowl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 12/16/14 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: rintincopThe difference between me and them? - certainly not talent: I had none. What kept me plugging away at the practising was my love of classical music, and the rewards I knew awaited me with each new discovery, each new pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Andy PlattAdd another to the successful recital list. Ours was last night and probably the best adult recital we've had at the studio I go to. Only one performance that really went off the rails. My teacher "kindly"(!
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by DoelKees @ 12/16/14 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieIf I select and octave A3 and A4 with no inharmonicity then I get a beatless sounding dead still interval. If I flatten A3 by 0.1 cent then I don't think I can hear any change. If I flatten by 0.2 cents then I can di
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: WiseBuffYesterday we hosted our german shepherd club for the annual Christmas party. Huge feast, gift exchange (with stealing allowed), drinks and Broncos football. Two friends asked me to play the piano and you all know I am
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: malkinThis morning I easily played through all the stuff I stumbled through at my lesson yesterday, practiced the stuff I needed to practice, did a little piano goofing off. Then baked 5 dozen cookies. Playing through all y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: In The Mood by JohnSprung @ 12/16/14 09:22 PM

The interesting thing is, there isn't any piano on the sound track. I see hands moving, but I don't hear any notes. It's an actor pretending to play. The rest of the band is real. In those days, if there was a piano part in the chart, they would
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: FarmGirlEarlofmer Congratulations on your first public performance. It's amazing you played through from the first time and enjoyed it. You maybe one of the "natural" performers. My AOTW I too had a public perfor
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Question by Charles Cohen @ 12/16/14 09:18 PM

The px-700 uses a keyboard mechanism a generation or two older than the px-150. The newer mechanism is substantially better, according to most reports. For that reason alone, unless your budget is really tight, go for the PX-150. . CHarles Ps
Originally Posted By: galaxy4tThe VR-09 has unweighted keys. Looks like you were looking at digital pianos with weighted keys? Not necessarily, I have a DP already with full weighted keys and I like it but I would be open to non-weighted keys, I l
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: earlofmarAOTW for me was to play at my first live recital today. My teacher's end of year showcase concert was a very laid back event but thirty other students and their parents was a huge audience to me. It was all the more ner
Page 67 of 106 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 105 106 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Veritune and rescaling
by kennyz
12/21/14 09:29 AM
Never thought it would end up at that instrument ...
by fatast
12/21/14 05:45 AM
Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores?
by Le Chiffre
12/21/14 02:08 AM
Guide to Teaching
by Arghhh
12/21/14 12:39 AM
Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway
by nphase
12/20/14 10:24 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160033 Topics
2350136 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission