Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
144 registered (Alexmos, ajames, AllanH, Albunea, Alexander Borro, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1504 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making a grand action heavier by EP @ 04/23/15 08:46 PM

Bosendorff, Thanks for the reply. I agree with what you said about the digitals, although I do think they are getting a lot better than they used to be. I'm thinking I should take my weights to my next lesson.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD300NX vs. FP-80 by Kawai James @ 04/23/15 08:45 PM

mdahearn, welcome to the forum. The FP-80's action is superior that of the RD-300NX, while the NX provides greater flexibility over adjusting the built-in sounds. To be honest, if you're intending to create a home studio centred around Logic, I wou
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By keystringSo without knowing more about it, the idea left me a tad uneasy. If I recall correctly, EZ's rule was that adults under this plan took floating slots. I also wonder about the overall effect
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By BrianDXTake the phrase "I don't take adult beginners as students." OK, take out the word "adult" and substitute either an ethnic or religious class instead. Lots of ABFers on this thread (including me), but
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by EP @ 04/23/15 08:42 PM

Peter - After considering some comments in this thread and in a thread in the technician's forum, and some other considerations, I really don't think I want to do anything to my piano other than some regulation and adjustment of the damper timing. I
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By keystringSo without knowing more about it, the idea left me a tad uneasy. If I recall correctly, EZ's rule was that adults under this plan took floating slots. I also wonder about the overall effectiveness, but it sounded like
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB Piano for Leisure series by Beth_Frances @ 04/23/15 08:32 PM

Also for anyone not wanting to sign up to rdio to listen to recordings from AMEB Piano for Leisure (I just tried to out of curiosity but don't want to give them access to my FB) I have recordings of lots of the leisure books on YouTube. You can find
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Tier 1 piano search - let the fun begin! by windwardmusic @ 04/23/15 08:26 PM

Thanks twocats By the way your city is a foodie's dream! I've been 😀3 times including in December
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB Piano for Leisure series by Beth_Frances @ 04/23/15 08:23 PM

What is the grade equivalent that you're looking for Trevor?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Allemande from Bach French Suite #4 by pianoloverus @ 04/23/15 08:06 PM

Very nice! What this an acoustic or digital piano? The reason I'm asking is that it sounded like there was a lot more sustain than is possible in an acoustic piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi all. Just a note to let you know I'm still around. I've just got to fiddling around with "Money Can't Buy Everything" in G position before calling it a night. I'm having much fun and haven't missed practicing in over a week now. I can s
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Monica K.Oh no... my tech can't come until after the recital. Y'all are going to hear my piece slightly out of tune. [gnashes teeth, wondering why the tech chose THIS month to take his vacation...] Just play it a semitone dow
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By windwardmusicThank you. The and I have now is the cc 213 Nws line which to me had a much richer and more wooden tone than the standard cc series. Having said that I will happily try the new schimmel as well saturday. Interesti
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai 'Touch Notation' iOS app now available by Kawai James @ 04/23/15 07:50 PM

A well-written 4 page review of Touch Notation from SibeliusBlog.com: http://www.sibeliusblog.com/news/touch-notation-by-kawai/ Kind regards, James x
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Allemande from Bach French Suite #4 by Vid @ 04/23/15 07:50 PM

You are too kind Pover. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New NY Steinway vs. New Shigeru SK6 by seanflan @ 04/23/15 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By Alan T.Given the 2 choices I would choose the Shigeru. Then go and buy a second piano, say a Mason & Hamlin BB or Baldwin SF10. Then i would have 2 magnificent pianos, each a wonderfully different voice. Haha. Don't think
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Tier 1 piano search - let the fun begin! by windwardmusic @ 04/23/15 07:34 PM

Thank you. The and I have now is the cc 213 Nws line which to me had a much richer and more wooden tone than the standard cc series. Having said that I will happily try the new schimmel as well saturday. Interestingly I couldn't even find the Niko
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some advice from teachers by malkin @ 04/23/15 07:26 PM

Are you happy with the instruction you receive from your teacher? When you are at home with your friendly piano do you notice that you have made progress? On a 10 point scale, the piano I take lessons on is about a 2.5, but on the same scale my teac
Adult Beginners Forum
LadyNemesis I am probably one of the slower ones on this board for sure lol...I started with my teacher at the beginning of September so I'm almost 8 months at this point and still quite a few songs to go in Alfred's. I have absolutely zero previous
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New NY Steinway vs. New Shigeru SK6 by Nick Mauel @ 04/23/15 07:20 PM

Have you thought about comparing pianos that are more similar to the Steinway, such as Mason & Hamlin? The Mason & Hamlin has the lush and powerful American sound, and models like the AA and BB are often preferred over Steinways of comparabl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB Piano for Leisure series by raskdog @ 04/23/15 07:14 PM

I'm doing the AMEB grade 6 at the moment. It's a great series. I love the pieces I am learning for this: Adagio Cantabile - Beethoven Sabre Dance - Khachaturian My Heart Will Go On Adagio in G minor Yesterday Pachabe's Canon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by KurtZ @ 04/23/15 07:14 PM

I'm sorry it's just so much marketing (product differentiation) hooey. Nothing that's been described has anything to do with violin bodies or how they are constructed. In one place this corpus is described as a resonator and then later it's called
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New NY Steinway vs. New Shigeru SK6 by Alan T. @ 04/23/15 07:13 PM

Given the 2 choices I would choose the Shigeru. Then go and buy a second piano, say a Mason & Hamlin BB or Baldwin SF10. Then i would have 2 magnificent pianos, each a wonderfully different voice.
Jump to new posts Re: BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND? by gracegren @ 04/23/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By gracegrenI would do fine with a 76-key piano. I looked at the Kurzweil SP4-7, 24 pounds, and it really looks like it is solidly made, but I am not getting that it has the best piano sounds, and i
Piano Forum
Also, since you have a Schimmel... I found the new Konzert pianos to be a step up from the older Konzert (which are now the current Classic line), with a much richer and colorful tone. At both Classic Pianos stores in Seattle and Portland, the K195
Page 67 of 99 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 98 99 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Simple Music
by Rogerx
04/28/15 08:24 AM
Jazz and Latin transcriptions
by Adrien
04/28/15 07:53 AM
My CA97 has arrived - issue?
by tabber
04/28/15 07:48 AM
Pearl River upright
by PhilipInChina
04/28/15 06:38 AM
Eisteddfod in 4 days... I think I have RSI
by AtomicBond
04/28/15 06:09 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,075 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,611 Topics
2,400,644 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission