Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (cathryn999, bennevis, ando, 36251, 19 invisible), 941 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Petrof 125 Vs Ibach 116 by Aless @ 11/22/15 12:32 PM

Hi, I 'm a beginner in the world of piano and would like to know your opinion regarding my future purchase of these pianos : Petrof 125 M1 hammers Renner, 2006 , played three years , black lacquered to 3100 Euro Vs Ibach 116 1981 burr walnut lacq
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GH1B as a second piano? by terminaldegree @ 11/22/15 12:29 PM

What level of repertoire and ages are your children? What is your primary piano now, and what shape is it in? Are both pianos going to stay in the same home? Although the Yamaha name commands a healthy respect in the piano community, and generally
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Quote by Chopin by phantomFive @ 11/22/15 12:27 PM

From what I can tell, Chopin really respected Mozart. I tried to find the original source from this quote, but I couldn't find the original source I did find this fun quote, though: Originally Posted By Chopin"Leik [sic] water!" meaning
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Blending different pieces together by Aly Baracat @ 11/22/15 12:20 PM

My piece is blended with transformers and two steps from heck, so the first part and final part is my own composition. I was trying to make a mashup between my original and two known music themes Thanks for your comments
Adult Beginners Forum
How is everyone doing in here? Even though I've moved on it's still nice to see how others are getting along with their progress. Blackjack - I showed my teacher the sheet music for that Gavotte piece and she sight read it through and said it's good
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to know if the piano is not tuned ? by BDB @ 11/22/15 12:00 PM

Here are some tests you can try yourself: Listen to individual notes. Do they sound pure? Or can you hear wavering in the volume of them? They should sound pure. Listen to octaves, listening for the same things. Then try two octaves apart, and thre
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianist's role in sound quality? by MRC @ 11/22/15 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By rXdI learned something yesterday. It appears that my friends, the security and facilities staff who patrol the practice studio corridors at regular intervals have learned to differentiate the piano sounds of the various students.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by TX-Bluebonnet @ 11/22/15 11:58 AM

What an awesome recital!! I'm so impressed with everybody's playing and with the variety of music presented. I can say with all sincerity that there wasn't a single one that didn't appeal to me in one way or another. In fact, I listened to each one a
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bennevis I'm a firm believer in the principle of "organized chaos". I thought all chaos was organized?!? Or, was it all organization was chaotic!?!? Dammit,....let me get back to you when I get my thoughts organized.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha GH1B as a second piano? by 3times2 @ 11/22/15 11:53 AM

We have been very casually looking for a second piano for our three musical kids. Their piano teacher knows of a 15 year old GH1B for sale. It was purchased new for an adult take to lessons, but that never happened so it has been played little. Th
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By CareyNice photos - beautiful cabinet !! Sure you don't want to hang on to the SP and also purchase a grand? If I can manage I may keep both. It would be fun to have two acoustics. But we have so many keyboards! LOL I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by TX-Bluebonnet @ 11/22/15 11:41 AM

Thank you peterws, Sam S, MeganR, barbaram, piano_primo_1, SwissMS, MarieJ, Riddler, BillM, ajames, and UnderConstruction. I find it hard to judge my own playing and sometimes feel like I should be doing better, but your kind comments are very encour
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Did you also look at the Casio Privia PX 150? It has triple sensors and that makes a difference. Here it is the same price as the Yamaha P45 and better value for money. If you are sure that you will keep playing, I'd go with the standard advice here
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: how do you practice by OneWatt @ 11/22/15 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By NahumHow Jazz Pianists Practice http://www.tedrosenthal.com/practice.htm A lot of excellent suggestions lurking in this link. Thanks for sharing! - OneWatt
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-500 and iPad apps by ElmerJFudd @ 11/22/15 11:28 AM

Here are all the apps Yamaha has currently developed for iOS across 5 pages. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/#page=1&mode=paging
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learn how to improvise by Veelo @ 11/22/15 11:26 AM

There is a free Berklee course on Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/learn/jazz-improvisation
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by Hendrik42 @ 11/22/15 11:23 AM

I don't think that is arrogant at all. I think this is the most reasonable approach and probably more or less the same for everyone, just with different values for the money parameter. Of course, with beginners, such as myself or when buying for a c
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KCP90 OR CN35 :( by TonyBanks @ 11/22/15 11:21 AM

Yes the KCP90 seems to be an oddity with its 2,999 price point. KawaiUS has promoted it on YouTube and Facebook, yet there is no trace of it in the US shops. Maybe James will chime in. It's hard for me to pull the trigger on a CN35 knowing that the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One more question for piano shopping... by neciebugs @ 11/22/15 11:21 AM

Norbert, Estonia? Sorry, not totally following thought line. What's the price range of Estonias?
Piano Teachers Forum
I'm looking for recommendations for a piano camp in the US for this summer. The kid is 12 years old, current repertoire is hovering around RCM grade 10. Good reader, not so good on theory yet. Loves collaboration and dorm/camp life. Is OK with up to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Quote by Chopin by Works1 @ 11/22/15 11:15 AM

When I first heard this quote, I thought it was from Mozart. I never would have guessed Chopin. I'm guessing it was what he had strived for during his lifetime.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why do so many pianists study Fur Elise? by phantomFive @ 11/22/15 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistI wrote variations on the main tune once. That would be interesting to hear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Negative and over critical professor by sirwormsalot @ 11/22/15 11:10 AM

I will never understand people like this, though I really wish I could.
Jump to new posts Re: THE best headphones? by Marko in Boston @ 11/22/15 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By Nvidiot it felt like I had my head stuck inside the piano That's pretty funny! However, I think you might of had a faulty set if it was that bad. They sound excellent on all my boards (and other boards i've demoed). Maybe a s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Negative and over critical professor by phantomFive @ 11/22/15 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By kristinazx It's not as he prepares me for Chopin competition Warsaw. He's probably trying to get you to that level
Page 67 of 91 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 90 91 >
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all our members and guests from the U.S.!
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Recital in Paris, December 7, 2015 - Jennifer Lee
by Nigel Keay
Today at 06:29 AM
Sennheiser HD598 on sale for $95
by pwl
Today at 05:30 AM
Weigth of the arm
by johan d
Today at 02:48 AM
Playing piano topless
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Students with A.D.D
by Elysia
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,564 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,593 Topics
2,470,023 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission