Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
105 registered (AndyP, amadeus90, Amosdoll, AndrewJCW, 36251, 20 invisible), 1163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by mischeli @ 05/19/16 11:16 AM

"That's the main issue about single sample per note digital pianos. It still has some dynamic range (ie: velocity response) but as anyone playing a real piano knows, there is a lot more than just a difference in volume when you vary the force ap
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by RonaldSteinway @ 05/19/16 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By doctor S Not enjoyable at all. Prefer "Self-taught, works in quarry 18 hrs a day, age 95," to "Degrees from 2 conservatories, 2 concertos with orchestra this year, company CEO, age 35". It is VERY enjoya
Jump to new posts Arturia releases new modeled Piano by login @ 05/19/16 11:05 AM

Finally another software company, and a big one, launches a modeled piano https://www.arturia.com/piano-v/overview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZfQce8dqP4 Various models included for 199 USD. I am going to demo later in the day and see how it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by Nordomus @ 05/19/16 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By stephen22Originally Posted By Nordomus It should be in the package though, so you if it's possible it should be uploaded into this product. ? http://digital.musicminusone.com/great-movie-concerti-warsaw-concerto-and-more-2-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help on learning by joeyh1234 @ 05/19/16 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By Rerun Yep, that old bass player was that other old guy on the vid ... and an original member of the "Doors" too. In a few months, your ears can probably have you playing a few hundred simple tunes that you already know
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA AvantGrand N3 by mischeli @ 05/19/16 11:01 AM

"Perhaps he could share his playing with us which might either earn him some respect ... or not." Always willing... Thanks for your interest!
Casio digitals are known to have noisy keys, some can live with it, some not. However, if certain five keys make more noise than the rest, I would contact the store from which you got it. It was hard to tell from the video, if any keys were extra noi
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by peterws @ 05/19/16 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By guylOriginally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By guylMy first one was the P-85. I mostly wanted it for portability. It's piano sample seems to have been recorded from keys played hard, And therefore misses the point of a pianofo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by Beemer @ 05/19/16 10:56 AM

Very nice watching and listening. Please forgive a dedicated Nikon guy passing comment ­čść but you should set your new Canon to manual focus mode. In low light the camera auto focus will not stay fixed. I would also use manual exposure. Looking f
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA AvantGrand N3 by mischeli @ 05/19/16 10:55 AM

not for now. nobody speaks anything remarkable. but it's common.
But what does it mean? Quote:Improved: Stretch tuning curves for a Standard Piano and Upright Piano sounds. Does it affect sound itself, or its behavior?
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA AvantGrand N3 by Fr├ęd├ęric L @ 05/19/16 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By 36251My N2 is better than your N3 A real N2 is better than a N3 in dream
Piano Forum
Well, I'm not the one to answer your technical question, but I will say that I too play a lot of very fast-tempo boogie-woogie and oldies rock-n-roll style piano music, along with many other kinds/styles of music. I have 4 acoustic pianos, and one of
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bl├╝thner upright serial location by BDB @ 05/19/16 10:47 AM

Bl├╝thner grands usually have the serial number on the plate, and behind the action on the belly rail.
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello Eric, I enjoyed listening to your rags. I can play them but sadly not from memory. My favourite ragtime player is Joshua Rifkin Professor of Music at Boston University https://www.song365mp3.com/album/joshua-rifkin-scott-joplin-piano-rags-4
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ 05/19/16 10:40 AM

44. Sam S - The Great Smoky Mountains Wow, what a strategy... I was reading your explanation about what you "see" when you're playing and it is equal to my experience. In my case, I don't have a teacher to guide me so I assume I do it natur
Quote:Thanks so much for you reply, probably not what I wished to hear but you saved me from taking a (pretty yellow) lemon. If I may ask, what do you think a good alternative might be? I agree with the other posters. The CASIO offerings are much be
Piano Forum
I guess the problem is with my fast playing, such as it is, on the black keys. He reminded me that a bright sound can also seem like a lighter touch, and vice versa. I do like the mellow Kawai tone, perfect for my room and ears. I'll probably ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by Morodiene @ 05/19/16 10:30 AM

To put your mind at ease, once you're out of method books, you can still have a methodology to your practice regimen. It's just something that you and your teacher tailor to suit your needs: - Instead of a Technique book, you have scales and arpeggi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help on learning by Rerun @ 05/19/16 10:29 AM

Yep, that old bass player was that other old guy on the vid ... and an original member of the "Doors" too. In a few months, your ears can probably have you playing a few hundred simple tunes that you already know once you've learned a few
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ 05/19/16 10:27 AM

35. SwissMS/Doris - Shui Cao Wu (Dance of the Watergrass)) Doris, this is really good. The melody is dancing between the LH and RH creating a wonderful effect (like a "spacious sensation"). I love the intro and the way you could control all
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by stephen22 @ 05/19/16 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By Nordomus It should be in the package though, so you if it's possible it should be uploaded into this product. ?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by shalomjj @ 05/19/16 10:17 AM

I agree!! I thought of asking this post to be deleted because I don't want Roland to get bad wrap for it. But, maybe it's good to leave it up, as others will come across the review on AZpianos and this will help them to see it for what it is. I run a
Piano Forum
If the escapement is too far from the string, setting it closer may help make the piano more even soft playing control. But it will not change heavy feel. I have never serviced this model Kawai, so I am not familiar with all the details. But if the
Piano Forum
Any piano probably needs regulated around 30 years or so. I doubt the escapement is the only thing that couldn't use some work in the action, but your tech has pointed out something that clearly needs correction. I don't know if a full regulation wi
Page 67 of 82 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 81 82 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
KAWAI CA91 compared to CA65
by cuchuoi
05/25/16 05:47 AM
No capstans and question about damper lift
by Beemer
05/25/16 01:56 AM
MESSIAEN - Theme and variations
by PatrickCaldwell
05/24/16 09:51 PM
Fair value for 1984 Yamaha G-2 Satin finish?
by newbie78
05/24/16 09:37 PM
Upright piano sustain pedal doesn't work on some keys
by Ahmedn1
05/24/16 09:31 PM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,912 Topics
2,527,534 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission