Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
57 registered (Bach2Black, ando, augustm, AZNpiano, Amosdoll, 14 invisible), 1463 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dog chewed up upright piano leg by Steve Senseney @ 10/17/16 04:33 PM

Make sure you use the wood filler that sets up hard instead of the "wood Filler" that is an oily paste and never sets up.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
It's not showing up in the Canadian app store. Coming soon?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Two Instruments at Once by johan d @ 10/17/16 04:08 PM

Maybe a Novation Circuit? It can be programmed I guess.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performer's guide to Sonatas and Interludes by RealPlayer @ 10/17/16 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By Nikolas Originally Posted By RealPlayer I haven't played it in decades, partly because of all the effort involved in preparation... ... and this is exactly the problem with a lot of contemporary works. I've had this wonderful id
The keys might feel similar (should) when the piano isn`t switched on. But all pianos are different when they are, different velocity responses produce very differnt feeling keys when you play `em. The more expensive the model, the better they feel
Adult Beginners Forum
Can't possibly be recital time again. I had to skip the Russian Recital because of the increased workload now that I am back in school. On the other hand, I can play one of my Jury pieces for the recital. Sam
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts French Themed Recital Sign-Up Thread by PianogrlNW @ 10/17/16 03:51 PM

This is the sign up thread of the French Themed Recital! To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. The recital will be in April and will use the A
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should I learn Bach? by Tubbie0075 @ 10/17/16 03:47 PM

I love Bach. He's my number 1 composer. But why force yourself to play Bach if you don't have a passion for his music? There are plenty of other music that a lifetime will not be enough for you to learn anyway. Just because many people say it's g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reading Sheets by dogperson @ 10/17/16 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung Is the problem that the bass clef is different, or is it that there's just so much to do? A music editing program could replace the bass clef with a treble clef and 15mb, would that be easier to read? Hi John H
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dog chewed up upright piano leg by sfhombre @ 10/17/16 03:45 PM

Replace piano leg with stuffed dog. Problem solved.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Playing Two Instruments at Once by tjd @ 10/17/16 03:43 PM

I'd like to play chords while another instrument plays the melody line WITHOUT the aid of another person. I believe, this leaves us with wind instruments that require no hands (or very, very minimal use of the hands). I've gone the kazoo route. It s
Jump to new posts Different pianos, different prices, same action by Dan4444 @ 10/17/16 03:34 PM

Hi all, I've been shopping around for a digital piano and I've found the Roland RP401r, which features a "PHA-4 Standard" keyboard, to be reasonably enjoyable and realistic. My question is: can I expect different model Roland pianos that f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should I push for note-reading? by hello my name is @ 10/17/16 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By hello my name isOriginally Posted By JoeTOriginally Posted By ViennaAutumnI have wondered if singing note names is a good way to memorize music. I haven't tried learning this way myself because it j
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dog chewed up upright piano leg by BDB @ 10/17/16 03:20 PM

The picture is lousy. How old is the piano? What is the serial number?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bush & Lane Upright # 45256 by Del @ 10/17/16 03:07 PM

Bush & Lane? Cheap? Not really. If it is a genuine Bush & Lane (and it may not be) it would be one of the best upright pianos being build during its era. Take another look. Are you sure it has an open-face pinblock? ddf
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Dale FoxDel, do you know of a place to locate hardness specs for phosphor bronze compared to mild steel or annealed drill rod? I'm looking for a supply to use regularly for capo inserts but thought you might know off hand a supp
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performer's guide to Sonatas and Interludes by Neotonicizer @ 10/17/16 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By mrenaud Dear Mr Schleiermacher, Of course we will provide you the best piano we have. After all, a well-done preparation is less harmful to the instrument than a Rachmaninov concerto. That's great! Thanks for sharing that.
Piano Forum
Anybody who has been in the market for a while and compared pianos intelligently knows that Estonia has long gone past the point needing to prove itself. Even the Germans, when comparing world's top brands give Estonia high marks in objective test re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with a non functional piano? by Steve Cohen @ 10/17/16 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaIt is a hypothetical case, but my furnace has a very good flue, and a sealed door so I doubt if fumes would be a problem. Your neighbors might have a problem. I would.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Conover 9 ft 4 in grand from 1910 by ClsscLib @ 10/17/16 02:52 PM

Kagan used to be the Midwest mecca for double bass players. It's not the same thing in its Forest Park reincarnation. I really miss the old Chicago Carl Fischer sheet music store that was in the same block. The internet is a fine thing, but it has
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with a non functional piano? by PhilipInChina @ 10/17/16 02:49 PM

It is a hypothetical case, but my furnace has a very good flue, and a sealed door so I doubt if fumes would be a problem.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
ab-ster: Thank you for this! This is a beautiful, well-controlled reading of this superb Nocturne. I particularly admire the clarity you are able to bring to the doppio movemento section where, too often in the hands of amateurs, it becomes a blur
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dog chewed up upright piano leg by PhilipInChina @ 10/17/16 02:45 PM

My dog has just chewed a bit on the leg of my C Bechstein grand. I have threatened her with a 1 way ticket to the glove factory, but she doesn't seem to take the threat too seriously. That is serious damage yours has done, though. I would think any
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Joao Carlos Martins by ClsscLib @ 10/17/16 02:43 PM

In one of those moments of discovering one thing while pursuing something completely different, I came across the recordings of this wonderful Brazilian pianist. At the moment, I'm burning through what Spotify has of his recordings of the complete k
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dog chewed up upright piano leg by Bob @ 10/17/16 02:40 PM

For a cheap job, get some wood filler from the home improvement store, build it up in layers, sand it, and apply some stain and finish to match. . If you decide to replace both legs, the piano will likely have to be tipped on it's back to access
Page 67 of 72 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 71 72 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
German piano industry and ??
by Norbert
10/23/16 08:57 PM
Mastering the piano series
by dat77
10/23/16 07:25 PM
Got a keyboard and Alfred's All in One and skimmed the FAQ..
by greensam
10/23/16 06:19 PM
Yamaha CP60/70/80 M - how does the midi work
by Dr.Gaga
10/23/16 06:13 PM
Advice on Digital Piano for 5 y/o daughter
by Mattatooi
10/23/16 06:07 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,337 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,932 Topics
2,565,290 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission