Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Morodiene @ 08/16/14 03:51 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possib
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jon, I just read a bit more about this, and you are being too gracious! There is actually a small band of Middle C = C3 people who are following a tradition of Yamaha and EW studios, apparently.....but I think most people say Middle C is C4, which ma
Adult Beginners Forum
With GoodReads, since it uses a huge database, I can search by author and find new books by that author that I didn't know about. If I manually add my own entries that are non-book items, I wouldn't have that feature. So, yeah, I could do that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by bennevis @ 08/16/14 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusI do short(1.7 miles)INCREDIBLY slow "runs". I wonder what those are called in running parlance? They are SSD (short, slow distance).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting motivated to practice by pianoloverus @ 08/16/14 03:40 PM

Don't think of it as practicing...think of it, as Isaac Stern said, "making music".
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: need classical pieces for my level by bennevis @ 08/16/14 03:38 PM

Have a look at Denes Agay's 'Easy Classics to Moderns' and 'More Easy Classics to Moderns', both volumes filled with short, easy, unabridged & original pieces by composers from Purcell and Bach to Mozart & Beethoven to Villa-Lobos and Bartók.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by pianoloverus @ 08/16/14 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusI do short(1.7 miles)INCREDIBLY slow "runs". I wonder what those are called in running parlance? They are SSD (short, slow distance). But one person's 'fast' is another
You are correct. I am not steeped in anything piano, so I used the values from one of the settings deep in the Menus. My post has been corrected.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by bennevis @ 08/16/14 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusI do short(1.7 miles)INCREDIBLY slow "runs". I wonder what those are called in running parlance? They are SSD (short, slow distance). But one person's 'fast' is another person's 'slow'. Someone whos
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by dynamobt @ 08/16/14 03:25 PM

I'm receiving some really generous comments on my Bach piece. You know who you are as far as who said what. I'm terrible with plugging into a comment other comments. I'm going to listen hard, Richard, to find that climax!! It's true that as of no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: all of Beethoven Sonatas by Francisco Scalco @ 08/16/14 03:19 PM

I have a friend at the Paris Conservatoire who told me Michel Béroff's students are supposed to learn a romantic etude and a classical sonata each week. Each week. Imagine doing that for months and months...
Jump to new posts Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Nicholas Mihaila @ 08/16/14 03:18 PM

I just bought a Yamaha P-120 and I'd like to finally start making some high-quality videos. I haven't researched it too much, but I'm assuming that when it comes to keyboards, videos are usually made from a direct digital audio feed (as opposed to th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by pianoloverus @ 08/16/14 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisWhen I'm doing long, fairly slow runs (LSD in running parlance) at weekends, I dissociate and often 'listen' to music in my mind, or 'practicing' a certain tricky sequence of notes (when my fingers might even twitch slig
Originally Posted By: McBuster The Note is actually G3, as, the first full octave starts at "0", not "1". G3 is G below middle C, right? At least that's what the manuals and dictionaries seem to say. (middle c, at around 256Hz
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI Labs… Poor Customer Service by Superbaffone @ 08/16/14 03:04 PM

only one word for Ravenscroft... Beautiful!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Using the Koval 1.3 by Ed Foote @ 08/16/14 03:00 PM

Greetings, After reading Jon Page's post inre the Koval 1.3 temperament, I gave it a try on a couple of customers' pianos. One, a WT seasoned player that was planning to play a lot of Debussy and newer music, the other, a basically clueless
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question about sight reading habits by Nicholas Mihaila @ 08/16/14 02:59 PM

All right, I think I'm on the right path then. Thank you for your replies. They're much appreciated.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: A443DoelKees, I find your insinuations distasteful. You are, however, not the first person to do that on PW, neither will you be the last. On the question of anonymity, I ask you: why would anyone be expected to drag their name
Originally Posted By: lolatuThere is another user on this forum (McBuster) who has been driven to insanity by G4 on his CA95. Hi folks, McBuster here ... "Ahhhh, the Ole G3 Problem." to quote WC Fields The Note is actually G3, as, the f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting motivated to practice by bennevis @ 08/16/14 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: MusicJunkie Does anyone have any tips to help get me motivated to practice piano again? Why not try a different tack altogether? Like just thinking of a tune - any tune, even a pop one - and just sitting down to improvise some
Adult Beginners Forum
Could you set up another Goodreads list? How would it know the difference between Charles Dickens/Tale of Two Cities and Saint Saens/Dans Macabre?
Jump to new posts Re: PianoTeq typical configuration at home/studio by stamkorg @ 08/16/14 02:52 PM

I use a 5 years laptop, dual core i5, 4 Gb of RAM, os Tango Studio (linux) and a Focusrite 6i6 soundcard. I own my Roland hp507 to pilot Pianoteq and the sound returns from the soundcard inside the hp507 amplification and speakers. For me it sounds f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by zrtf90 @ 08/16/14 02:39 PM

57. Greener / Jeff Green - Badinerie Jeff, since you asked(!): there are patches here that show you have all the necessaries. This is just a bit rushed for the show. It's just not a piece you've nurtured and worked on for a long time before presentin
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: laguna_greg ...right now in my studio I have nothing but professionals and injured people, all with advanced degrees. Just looking for clarification: All your students are professional musicians who hold advanced degrees (in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by malkin @ 08/16/14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: beet31425I would like to take this opportunity to say that, from a linguistic/aesthetic perspective, I hate this term "earworm" that has come into common usage the last few years. Words are little musical motifs; some
Page 67 of 107 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 106 107 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (AndrewJCW, Augustina, Atrys, Anne'sson, 33 invisible), 1295 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156825 Topics
2304289 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Molotov Cocktail Piano
by Robert W. Weber
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
20 inch tablet for sheet music?
by Sand Tiger
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Need help with a piano purchase
by Freece65
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission