Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by hreichgott @ 07/25/14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveFocus on what you can learn from a teacher, rather than what your teacher doesn't know, and you will learn faster. Most of us don't know everything. Doing that works a lot better if we have teachers we greatly respec
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear by khopin @ 07/25/14 08:21 PM

Finally I bought a Sennheiser HD 360 pro I haven't tried yet with my DP, but I will tell you next Sunday when in my home. Thank you for the answers
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: DoelKeesSaying partials don't exist is like saying the earth is not a sphere. Kees Glad to have another 'believer' on board, being that the earth is clearly not a sphere.
Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittHow did the action play before? It played like a truck, and that is why it ended up in his shop. WilliamTruitt, I really appreciate your post; I think I understand and agree 100% with what you are writing about re
Adult Beginners Forum
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Piano Forum
Thank you, David, for taking the time to reply. However, I am buying a piano to have right now, while I can enjoy it, and have the budget for it. Later, we are considering full time RV'ing (at least for awhile) and I will not be able to have a piano.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Interviewing Transfer Students by laguna_greg @ 07/25/14 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88What about the piano teachers at a college or university? Depending how many students the institution assigns them, most or all their students are transfer students. What makes the difference for piano teachers i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Interviewing Transfer Students by laguna_greg @ 07/25/14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary D.I take on transfer students when my student load is not full, and I don't have enough new students coming in to fill out my schedule. But I would rather be teaching only students I have started from scratch. I think bei
Piano Teachers Forum
Mine, too. You know the drill all too well. People actually think there is a quick fix for this stuff. There isn't.
Piano Forum
I'm no expert on New Age piano. This sounds like that. Maybe a little change. So much of it sounds familiar. Nevue, Einaudi, or maybe Yiruma? Sounds too familiar. I do know enough to know it's not original. Or at least much of it isn't original. ED
Adult Beginners Forum
After about 6-7 years of piano lessons as a kid (the usual classical), I switched to electric organ (with pedals) for quite a while, and the lessons were all about chords! It was a musical revelation to learn all these beautiful and interesting chord
Originally Posted By: A443I was originally taught to do everything in the way that Ed Foote describes. I did that approach for many years. In the end, I choose to deviate from that path for a number of very specific reasons (i.e., it didn't happen ha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, early Arrau! by Ian_G @ 07/25/14 07:41 PM

The 6th was my favorite, too, FSO! Like a piece of bitter cinnamon in my apple cider on the coldest of Christmas Eves, something which speaks to the compulsive in me in a voice yet altogether repulsive, if that makes sense. But yes, I do quite so agr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by MikeN @ 07/25/14 07:38 PM

I'd do what I did in a similar situation: Get another teacher. Really, if your teacher is just shrugging things off that your considering without a valid musical reason and is moving you towards a genre your not interested in, I'd definitely say it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help and advice please! by bennevis @ 07/25/14 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Pover The question is: What do you think are the main technical difficulties of, for ex, the First ballade and the heroic polonaise, and how can I work to acquire the necessary technique to someday tackle them? I know this is a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, early Arrau! by FSO @ 07/25/14 07:36 PM

Ha! Nice pun ^_^ Such a silver tongue deserves at least *some* commendation; um...just a quick(ish) word before I have to go (I couldn't let this pass before doing so; for some reason it seems vital to get this behind me, so bear with me! )...I nev
WIll I know what is it about. But when keyboar and whippens are intened for that 15.5 ratio, making the action "work" with 17 mm knuckle certainly ^provide less DW, but I notice how bad the touch is then. Just for geometry reasons (jack i
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: MikeNOh I definitely agree that Godowsky's transcriptions, rightly called symphonic metamorphoses, are the greatest I've heard of the genre. He really does elevate the form to something else. I just think they sit below the sona
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bored kid at Cosco.. by supersport @ 07/25/14 07:31 PM

Jake Clayton I think from reading the comments: "S Clayton Jul 21, 2014 @ 15:08:25 Frank, thank you for your comments of my son Jake Jake puts a lot of time in on the piano bench. This video was taken over 2 years ago by another party and
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help with hearing chord progressions by Michael Martinez @ 07/25/14 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TimR I've looked for something similar online without success. If you can recommend a site I'd appreciate it. Sorry, I don't know of a site, I wish I did. Usually this exercise is done with someone else sitting at the piano,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My introduction, and search for a grand piano by sopranojam85 @ 07/25/14 07:28 PM

I get that you have to look out for your bottom line and not sell yourself short. But, the seller ought to have considered that before listing it, before agreeing to my offer, and ESPECIALLY more than 2 days before the piano mover was scheduled to co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of learning a song's chords? by Michael Martinez @ 07/25/14 07:27 PM

Rhythm, melody and chords are distinct things. Taken together they make up a song. Chords are harmony, and you can actually think of a melody as being something that "implies" a harmony too.
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by sullivang @ 07/25/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic Preload is what's taken off the hard drive (or SSD) and placed into RAM waiting to be delivered (super-fast, as only RAM can) to the audio interface via the buffer (the other thing). Yes, that's essentially correct.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by wr @ 07/25/14 07:18 PM

It's interesting that Mendelssohn was talking about his personal experience, and not necessarily generalizing about other people's experience as well. And he seemed to be only talking about the music he loves, not music in general. It sounds to me
Jump to new posts Re: Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys by Pete14 @ 07/25/14 07:18 PM

How about placing a really bright light over the keys? That'll certainly light them keys up.
Page 67 of 122 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 121 122 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
80 registered (a-z0-9, AndrewJCW, Atrys, AZNpiano, 25 invisible), 1178 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156277 Topics
2295061 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments?
by chicolom
Today at 02:35 AM
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
Today at 01:58 AM
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
Today at 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
Today at 12:15 AM
picking a fight: how many movements in op.110?
by beet31425
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission