Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
171 registered (Alan Davis Jr, ajames, Alegretto, accordeur, 45 invisible), 1682 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who gets to play in concerts? by Louis Podesta @ 03/02/15 07:18 PM

For now: Taylor Swift spends all of her time on television promoting her garbage music, than on any radio station. Why? Because, a local (San Antonio) radio conglomerate (Clear Channel Communications) killed rock and roll radio. And, in the proces
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Direction by Markarian @ 03/02/15 07:11 PM

I feel like I really missed out that I never got to see Sherman Clay. I walked by as they were liquidating, but wasn't in the market for another six months >.<
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Markarian @ 03/02/15 07:10 PM

Fang, it sounds like you've been similarly enchanted by the Steinway sound! It's a blessing and a curse, but do be sure to keep your options open, just the same. In August we took the Tsawasssen Ferry to Nanaimo and drove up to Comox to spend a coup
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Larry Buck @ 03/02/15 07:08 PM

Might be a good idea to have Yurgen from Piano Forte or Vernhjak check it out. Get some experienced answers first hand.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by Francisco Scalco @ 03/02/15 07:07 PM

-Try to work as much as you can with the score away from the piano. -Play veery slowly, with the metronome, counting (musically) the beat out loud, and paying very close attention to the correct duration of notes and rests. For mechanical stuff, I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by Markarian @ 03/02/15 07:06 PM

The fact that this same Bosendorfer fail photoset keeps making the rounds is heartening in that it would seem to imply these kinds of calamities are indeed rare.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New CS200 bosendorfer by chickenlump @ 03/02/15 07:03 PM

Wow, that just DRIPS with classy. Love the satin finish. I do love them Bosendorfer sound, looking forward to hearing it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By earlofmarOriginally Posted By StubbieOriginally Posted By earlofmarATOW - not sure, my teacher is trying to talk me into to starting a grade 7 piece and I am resisting. Oh how the tide has turned. Well??? Are you going to do i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Kawai MP11 by Kawai James @ 03/02/15 06:47 PM

9190, you raise some excellent points, and I do not disagree with your overall argument. However, the fact remains that the MP11 developers decided not to include organ sounds within the instrument, just as they opted not to include pitch bend/modul
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Rondo's by Damon @ 03/02/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistGodowsky made one of his chromatic transcriptions of Opus 16, I'd like to hear that but couldn't find a recording on Youtube. As for my opinions, I'm partial to Op. 16 but I may be biased by the fact that Horowitz
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An una corda problem by alfredo capurso @ 03/02/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By rysowersHere's the deal: The una chorda pedal is fairly unpredictable on pianos. You really have to use it and get a sense of what its possibilities are. As has been mentioned before, on new pianos that have not had shift voicing
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Bach English Suites by András Schiff by pianoman9 @ 03/02/15 06:38 PM

Excellent playing by Schiff, yet another fantastic interpreter of the great J.S. Bach! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJATPRp8a0
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 2 piano pieces by Polyphonist @ 03/02/15 06:37 PM

How about the scores then?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by dewster @ 03/02/15 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By IshkabibbleThere are a couple of things that I'd change on the RD, however. First, I'd like a nice large music desk/stand on the instrument -- as far as I'm concerned, from end to end. It's going to be a PIA manufacturing one
Thanks for the information from Keyboard Magazine -- lots of great reviews/comments. I'll pass it along to our tech expert.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever System by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 03/02/15 06:30 PM

LOL! It's quite simple. Tune a string, measure it, hit it three times fff, measure it again. Try for less than 0.9 cents drift. To really test your ability, choose the strings that have the tightest/loosest feel, if you can. Also, the longest/short
Piano Forum
Thanks Robert. Regarding the sostenuto pedal, I know how they work as I use it regularly on my Yamaha U7. (Yes, it actually has one!) If this is what it is supposed to be, it doesn't work properly, which is also a concern. You have confirmed m
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 2 piano pieces by PieterJan86 @ 03/02/15 06:09 PM

yes they are
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by kenjazz @ 03/02/15 06:08 PM

I can't believe you did that in 1MB of memory! I'm trying to wrap my head around it. I work on creating memory OS platforms that can give businesses a vast amount of scalability on all new types of memory media. 1 TB of memory isnt really even a l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by zillybug @ 03/02/15 06:03 PM

Anita, Thanks for the information but I am afraid I am so challenged technology wise that I still have no idea what to do. I guess I will try to record some and then wait until I can get help from one of my adult children. I will give them your info.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by Ishkabibble @ 03/02/15 05:59 PM

Today I went to Long and McQuade on the south side of Edmonton to rent a Yamaha CP4. But before I rented it, I took the opportunity to demo several Yamaha keyboards (only one whose model number I can remember -- P255) which were all set up and ready
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by Polyphonist @ 03/02/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CI would have hated to be knocked down about it. It would almost certainly have kept me from staying on the site -- and it might even have snuffed out my interest in going further with music. Seriously. Isn't this level of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by Kuanpiano @ 03/02/15 05:49 PM

1 - practice slowly 2 - practice with a metronome 3 - listen to yourself when playing 4 - listen to recordings of yourself
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by Kuanpiano @ 03/02/15 05:47 PM

Speaking of Obsession, and drawing upon Polyphonist's recent thread, here is a piece subtitled "Obsession" (Ysaye's 2nd violin sonata). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvlYXq0juN8 It's called that because the recipient of the dedication a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by phantomFive @ 03/02/15 05:47 PM

1) Listen to what sounds good, what sounds bad. Try to imagine how an audience would hear it. 2) Constantly try to find my biggest weakness, and try to improve it.
Page 67 of 120 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 119 120 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
kawai es 100 just purchased
by markiemark
03/06/15 12:08 PM
How would a PX-350 fare using VSTs during live play @ church
by Giancarlo Robles
03/06/15 12:07 PM
How Sheet Music Looks Before & After You Practice
by Piano World
03/06/15 11:19 AM
Full Force -The Story of a City, New York
by Dfrankjazz
03/06/15 10:55 AM
Effective practice
by ZikO
03/06/15 10:14 AM
Forum Stats
78,429 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,141 Topics
2,380,539 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission