Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
I wouldn't buy the piano with the hope that it could be 'changed' to what you like. The best option is to buy the one you like the first time. From your post, it doesn't seem like either piano is really grabbing you. That's why I suggest looking out
Ad Pictures Only
adidas slvr ランニングウェア メンズ アディダス ベルト &#
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar by Starr Keys @ 07/18/14 10:56 PM

Peter - Ed took the words right out of my gaping mouth, well all except for one, "Man" that Rocks! I guess that's what a lifetime of work at the piano looks like. Here's what 5-1/2 years (most of it self taught)looks like: https://app.bo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical Pianists don't want a better piano? by Jeff Petsinger @ 07/18/14 10:54 PM

Evolutionary algorithms introduce the occasional mutation to shake up the simulation to avoid settling on a local optima. We will start with some intelligent bounds to the design space to help avoid finding a bizarre local optima and help the mesh a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Privia PX850 vs Kawai ES100 vs KDP90 by Kawai James @ 07/18/14 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: MathematicianI purchased YDP-162 Congrats! It's a good instrument. May I ask why you eventually opted for the YDP-162 over the other instruments you were considering? Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ 07/18/14 10:50 PM

Great demo but I'm really liking his setup with nice chair, computer, desk, and monitors.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Just Tuned up and Played a Kawai KG-1D..... by Paul678 @ 07/18/14 10:49 PM

The owner said it was 6', but the internet shows it was either 5' or 5'4". I thought it was 5' 4", as the bass was quite weak. It wasn't too far off tune, so did it in one careful pass (6:3, 4:2), and it sounded excellent at the end, al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical Pianists don't want a better piano? by Jeff Petsinger @ 07/18/14 10:38 PM

I think we are still going in circles here, but here is the technical presentation on the EPP I posted before the project launched. Evolutionary Piano Technical Presentation In previous posts, I have already provided more information on what we
Jump to new posts Re: SUMMER NAMM 2014 - any expectations or predictions? by Marko in Boston @ 07/18/14 10:37 PM

Nothing new. But pretty decent paint-job/graphics on the VPC1. Not sure what the stand is, but looks cool all together (Also, check out the red VPC1 to the right at 0:36 - awesome!)
@dewster: Back to the basics, eh? It's better just to play and not break the bank, right? Perhaps an AvantGrand isn't worth the lofty price tag.
Jump to new posts Re: MultiTrackStudio and Vintage D by Taking Requests @ 07/18/14 10:25 PM

MBP is MacBookPro (So, I'm on a Mac). Yes, MTS Supports VSTi plugins - and that is indeed how to put Kontakt in. But, what I'm asking is for somebody who has specific knowledge on how to get that happening. The interface of MTS isn't not self-expl
Jump to new posts Re: only up! Tuning hammer technique maxim_tuner ( from9 by 12 ) by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/18/14 09:46 PM

Are you doing any intentional bending?
Jump to new posts Re: Question about service- tuning & voicing on same trip? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/18/14 09:39 PM

He will probably tune it again before the voicing and regulation which is a good idea so that the unisons are as clean as possible. Probably no charge, included in the voicing/regulation. That's how I would do it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical Pianists don't want a better piano? by Jeff Petsinger @ 07/18/14 09:38 PM

I would sum up your response to be that you don't think the piano needs fixing. It is as good as it needs to be. I also designed and built my own house. During that process, I would describe what I wanted to build, how it would look, why it was so
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers do not accept digital piano by Charles Cohen @ 07/18/14 09:33 PM

Quote: . . . The radio engineers probably had a different approach to compression as well. Radio engineers are well-known for compressing music as much as they can. Especially for pop music, people like to listen to the _loudest_ station on the d
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/18/14 09:18 PM

What makes the relationship unique is that x>y for a different reason that z>y. That's why it is not as trivial as you say. Does that make sense?
Jump to new posts Re: Next sound design gig - Physis by Charles Cohen @ 07/18/14 09:12 PM

Dave -- There has been some interesting activity on the Pianoteq forum recently. Rachel Jimenez (a piano teacher in Brooklyn NY) has taken on the task of tweaking the stock Pianoteq settings (for the "D", which I think is modelled after a
Jump to new posts Ravenscroft 275 settings by mrarnesen @ 07/18/14 09:06 PM

I just bought me the Ravenscroft 275 sampled grand piano. I want to use it for a piano album with my own classical pieces. I wonder if anyone have some suggestions for settings, like the pedal noises, resonances, mic positions etc?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: consolation 3, bar 45 how to play by joonsang @ 07/18/14 09:02 PM

This is what I do regarding bar 43. For the bass clef F note, since I am already holding it from playing it on the treble cleff, I ise the same finger to gently repeat the F. Bass cleff fingering I use; 5-2-4- - 2, with the 4th eighth note being RH
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi, I think that another great course for beginners like us is this: http://bit.ly/UgewEO is cheap and very helpful!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by faulty_Damper @ 07/18/14 08:49 PM

I'm here because I was banned from Piano Forum due to an offensive post. I was tired of the harassment that took place over several months by some members on the forum so I retaliated by making a sexual innuendo and was banned within hours. I didn'
Piano Forum
Sound panels/traps, basically make the room bigger, acoustically. In your room. Which is typically considered small. Same as most all rooms in houses. Bass is a problem. The room will resonate bass. That means it will also resonate the harmonics of
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Help with hearing chord progressions by ttttcrngyblflpp @ 07/18/14 08:16 PM

I'm looking for some advice on how to train my ears for transcribing for piano. I'm pretty good with hearing melodies as well any passagework or runs: basically if any given instrument is only playing one note at a time, I can hear what it is. When i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amish PA Craftmanship by Minnesota Marty @ 07/18/14 08:14 PM

Hi Brian, Have any paint left over from the walls? All you have to do is paint another cover to match. Save the brass.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weightlifting and piano by Art_Vandelay @ 07/18/14 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Lester BurnhamOriginally Posted By: Art_VandelayYeah, I never really got into curls that much. And it seems unnecessary for deadlifting, since the hook grip prevents the bar from slipping out of your hands. What hook? I can as
Page 67 of 110 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 109 110 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (acortot, 36251, a-z0-9, accordeur, 45 invisible), 1625 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75483 Members
42 Forums
156071 Topics
2291896 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"Rhodes" sound -- variation with volume?
by Charles Cohen
17 minutes 17 seconds ago
That last 10%
by gooddog
51 minutes 53 seconds ago
Hamelin Review from the Mannes Keyboard program in NYC
by Serge Marinkovic
Today at 08:03 PM
Recommend me some Shostakovich
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 07:43 PM
Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music
by bennevis
Today at 05:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission