Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (acortot, 8ude, agoriaket, 44 invisible), 1392 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by Miguel Rey @ 08/29/15 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By OlekYou really have that tall ceiling ? I would not be concerned with wall reflections, as the lid is managing them; But test for standing waves due to the shape of the place (I did not read correctly may be you did yet have som
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By Visalia Even though one might be well capable of moving up to the 2nd inversion Em, it's unlikely he/she would consider doing this, and would have his/her mind would be elsewhere. You write about beginners pianists? Chord Inve
Adult Beginners Forum
I also suggest giving a look at the piano schools at artistworks.com. The Popular Piano School with Hugh Sung leans -- no surprise -- more towards popular music, with songs like "Memory," "The Rose," and "Linus and Lucy"
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How old were you when you started tuning? by David Jenson @ 08/29/15 09:18 PM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Which edition for Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier? by colin_pianist18 @ 08/29/15 09:18 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted before, but I'm going to start learning some pieces from the WTC for college auditions, recitals, etc, and I'd like an accurate, reliable edition. Right now I have the Dover edition. It's not the best edition tho
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by Finfan @ 08/29/15 09:05 PM

It may be they don't carry digital pianos. I've never been there, I just know when I tried looking up a Kawai dealer that was the closest one to me. I know when I went into one of the local piano stores where I live and asked about digital pianos t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by Miguel Rey @ 08/29/15 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By gynnisHi Miguel, it looks like an interesting space. Does it have any connection to other rooms, or is this pretty isolated? Looks like you have spent a lot of effort on sound deadening. How big is the piano. I have my Seiler
Piano Teachers Forum
Just listened to all 9 videos. So much to digest!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Ben_NZ @ 08/29/15 08:47 PM

A piano tech actually recommended I get a tuning hammer when one or two strings in my old upright broke. The replacement strings continue stretching a lot when they're new, to the point where you can neither live with the note that out of tune nor ca
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by AZ_Astro @ 08/29/15 08:36 PM

I don't think there are any ES8s in the US yet. They may already be released in Europe, as Kawai James noted that the ES7 is very popular there and Kawai may get a boost by selling there first. As you all note, we need to try one out for ourselve
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How old were you when you started tuning? by kpembrook @ 08/29/15 08:15 PM

Hard to say when exactly. I collected my first fee from a customer when I was 14, so it had to be some time before that. I used to go with my father sometimes when I wasn't in school and he'd sit me beside him on the bench when he was tuning and I'
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by AZ_Astro @ 08/29/15 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaI'm with peterws here, and can't believe people are gushing over the ES8 without having tried it. It may well be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but also may not be the one for you. You very well could be ri
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By ClsscLib One tiny quibble: He criticizes Hanon at the end of the rotation video, but the instructor who introduced me to rotation technique actually uses Hanon to teach rotation. Isn't it all a matter of how one is instructed to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Andras Schiff interview on playing Goldberg Variations by Steve Peterson @ 08/29/15 08:04 PM

Rich, Any reason they can't be known on PW now? Perhaps they have samples on Youtube we can check out.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff Musical Moments , Op 16 No 4 by argerichfan @ 08/29/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By Beethoven747-400 I couldn't find Rachmaninoff's recording anywhere on YouTube, would you mind posting it up here ? Probably not possible for the simple reason that Rachmaninov never recorded it. Might you enjoy this, though
Pianist Corner
Chopin... "Heroic" Polonaise, Fantasy Impromptu, Berceuse. UNLESS played by someone the likes of Zimmerman. So often done in a half baked manner.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What works better with piano? by hreichgott @ 08/29/15 07:41 PM

I'd say choir. Handbells are all about hitting your right notes at the right time, you have way fewer notes than in piano, and the repertoire for handbells is comparatively speaking not that great (except for arrangements). Choir, provided it's a goo
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by ElmerJFudd @ 08/29/15 07:35 PM

Ah, it's not even a stretch to know what the ES8 sounds and feels like. It's all trickle down from Kawai's pricier boards. Incremental update, and a good one. The rest is same as ES7 which was pretty good to begin with.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535, Roland HP 504 or Yamaha CLP 575? by Charles Cohen @ 08/29/15 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaWith your years of experience, ignore the marketing terminology and specifications, and just play a few, using headphones and without, then go with natural preference, sleep on it, go back to try again, and decide. A
Piano Teachers Forum
Forearm rotation might be one of those many things that Taubman uses a lot, and other pianists and teachers saw the sense in it and started using it too, even if they didn't buy in 100% to all things Taubman. My three most recent teachers and my Suzu
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Composing a sad piano song by Aly Baracat @ 08/29/15 07:14 PM

Hi all, I would really appreciate your comments on my original piano song. I came up with the piece when I was really depressed. In the composition, I was trying to express sadness as well as hope (for a better future). Your feedback
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535, Roland HP 504 or Yamaha CLP 575? by fryderykchopin @ 08/29/15 07:12 PM

This may sound stupid but if you are going to play with headphones you should try the pianos with headphones. The piano may sound a bit different depending on whether you use the speakers or the headphones. I have a Yamaha YDP162 and the speaker does
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it OK to dance on your piano lid? by WhoDwaldi @ 08/29/15 07:05 PM

I remember magazine ads in the 70s or 80s for a scratch resistant coating by a company like 3M with tap dancers on Baldwin concert grand lids. ***Cringe***
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Notation question by JoelW @ 08/29/15 06:54 PM

How does one write an accent for only the top note in a chord?
Pianist Corner
I have trouble thinking of a classical piano piece as being overplayed. I did get tired of hearing Islamey mere seconds into my first listening.
Page 67 of 81 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 80 81 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kenny Barron Downbeat Article for AJPC (Jazz Piano Comp.)
by AtlanticMusicCtr
5 minutes 13 seconds ago
Live piano music in restaurant - thinking Christmas
by Bellyman
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Casio AP-450, strange sound when a few keys are pressed
by Sandbo
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
Glissando question
by FrankCox
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Why are there no guidelines for beginners and averages.
by ster100
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,664 Topics
2,441,875 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission