Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by backto_study_piano @ 09/14/14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: dcnm50BDB, you probably can tell that I am hesitating to let it go....I might get it for around 8k, so if I spend another (let's say) 2k for most of these issues excluding DC, plus moving and others, I am looking at $11000 for a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by earlofmar @ 09/14/14 08:20 PM

very impressive, sounds straightforward enough but I appreciate the hardships and the sheet commmitment
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok "The Chase" from "Out of Doors" by Damon @ 09/14/14 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: CanCakmurHere is the last piece, The Chase. I hope you like the performance. Thank you. I can't think of one I didn't like. Another "thumbs up" here! Originally Posted By: CanCakmur F. Liszt- La Leggierezza f Mol
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Trapwork by SMHaley @ 09/14/14 08:17 PM

Nope. What are you hoping to learn from a manual?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 09/14/14 08:16 PM

If one loose tuning pin is enough to qualify a used piano as "Don't Buy"- there are quite a few newer Steinways in that class. A professional technician should be able to return the pin to serviceable condition for very little cost.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by backto_study_piano @ 09/14/14 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Gatsbee13since were on the topic of regulation.. how much would it roughly cost for a complete regulation of an upright.. mine is a Charles Walter console (43") Gatsbee13 - I suggest you start a new topic - very differen
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: BruceDOriginally Posted By: cpa4sold thread but wondering how it might have ended Sparky? You may not find out; Sparky hasn't posted here in over two and a half years. Regards, sorry - I saw it was a rather old thread and
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: [FREE VST] Ivy Audio by sullivang @ 09/14/14 07:44 PM

I've tried it now - I really like the tone. There appears to be a serious problem with WAY too much silence at the beginning of some samples though, which makes it totally unplayable for me. If this problem were fixed, I'd be keen to play it some mo
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 09/14/14 07:39 PM

Cleaning Kawai RX-3 Grand
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by Left-CA @ 09/14/14 07:37 PM

Sounds about right...plus or minus a few percent
Kimball is out of the piano business, although I believe there is another company that is using the name.
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by wildpig @ 09/14/14 07:27 PM

I tried pianoteq and have to say I am hooked on it. I have now turned off the volume on my casio px120.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Sam S @ 09/14/14 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: joturI swear, Sam, sometimes when you say something like "I twisted my ankle" my heart's in my mouth wondering if you're going to get to keep going. I'm impressed! And I'd love to be Maria McCabe some day Cathy Mad
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A concert hall inside your bedroom by rnaple @ 09/14/14 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Silver Keys Even to this day, when I hear Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" I am taken back to high school and the girl I had a crush on. I'm taken back to high school and the girl I had a crush on wit
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok "The Chase" from "Out of Doors" by pianoloverus @ 09/14/14 07:19 PM

I never knew about the frogs etc. so I will have to listen more closely for them the next time I hear this piece.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by rnaple @ 09/14/14 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwsBet it's not! These recitals have done my head in yet I keep coming back for more. Because they done my head in. . . Peter....You're a fine upstanding example for all of us. Semper Fi dude!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In need of teaching advice! by Morodiene @ 09/14/14 07:11 PM

Why not select a side piece he can work on that is flashy and at his current level of playing? Or perhaps even choose something slightly more challenging that he likes to see what he can do with it? Usually when I do this, I tell the student that t
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: How Music Affects Your Productivity by Zach Evans @ 09/14/14 07:07 PM

Interesting article. I started listening to hype music right after I wake up and it really gets me going. It's like audio caffine
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by Charles Cohen @ 09/14/14 07:07 PM

Quote: . . . I had a chance to play a "real" acoustic upright today and came away from that experience knowing that Pianoteq with my Casio PX-5S is not a "real" piano, but for my purposes is close enough that practicing with it wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by ZikO @ 09/14/14 07:03 PM

Hi FarmGirl, I also wish you all the best and good luck at new work. Any plans related to piano are always great. Apart from holidays, I've never missed a single day to practice. The piano hooked me completely. I sincerely hope for you. With such en
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by Morodiene @ 09/14/14 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaOriginally Posted By: rovHi, I would like to make a thread about injuries that you had because of the piano and how you recovered. Thanks! Sharing is caring? Not always, as is the case with this particular thread.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts What is the Typical Piano Consignment Split? by Paul678 @ 09/14/14 06:58 PM

I've heard 60% to the owners, and 40% to the piano dealer. Is that the usually split?
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing an orig Steinway action with carbon-fibre? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 09/14/14 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed Foote (snip) I am done with wooden parts, myself. Regards, Very interesting remarks. I have often seen when just happening in for some reason in the shop of one of my colleagues who is a fine rebuilder, the process of re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by Gatsbee13 @ 09/14/14 06:56 PM

since were on the topic of regulation.. how much would it roughly cost for a complete regulation of an upright.. mine is a Charles Walter console (43")
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by wr @ 09/14/14 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: bkw58True, Focal Dystonia affecting the hand(s) is often caused by musicians and writers performing repeated hand movements, but not always. Dystonia is a neurological disorder caused by the brain sending incorrect information t
Page 67 of 85 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 84 85 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Unison detuning?
by Beemer
09/20/14 06:54 AM
Steinway Austria Benjamin BE-117
by bmc100
09/20/14 03:59 AM
Trinity ATCL exam questions
by slava_richter
09/19/14 09:54 PM
JBL LSR305 monitors too noisy for DP usage?
by Emiliano
09/19/14 09:52 PM
Pletnev - Poise under duress
by vers la flan
09/19/14 07:34 PM
Who's Online
78 registered (acortot, 36251, Abby Pianoman, Andy001, 24 invisible), 984 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76253 Members
42 Forums
157638 Topics
2315454 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission