Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
108 registered (36251, Almaviva, accordeur, agraffe, 29 invisible), 2190 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is Pianoteq? by Goss @ 01/13/17 06:00 PM

+1 =]
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to go for Piano World technical help? by David Farley @ 01/13/17 05:59 PM

Maybe it doesn't like the URL to your avatar. I guess if I was going to do this, I'd upload it to the PianoWorld image section and then link to it there.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keys don't go all the way down by rysowers @ 01/13/17 05:53 PM

Cheating jacks will cause a note to not play, but won't inhibit the key going all the way down. The OP said "Sometimes they don't go all the way down" which means something is intermittently holding the keys up. Its true about the low ha
Jump to new posts Re: Digital headphones and latency by Goss @ 01/13/17 05:50 PM

it is too high, and the quality is too low. The wire is not a length of chainlink it won't weigh you down Plenty of nice headphones out there I enjoy my sennheiser hd558's, many people here have the 598 or 600 which are fabulous and nothing wirel
Piano Forum
Thank you everybody who responded.
Jump to new posts Re: $3500 DP - Best Sound & Touch? by Goss @ 01/13/17 05:45 PM

..but some are pretty darn good nonetheless ^^
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ego in an adult beginner by ICW @ 01/13/17 05:43 PM

What a great set of replies. I'm so happy this thread has had so many ideas flower from it. I'll look to each one successively for replying...
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By orangeaideOriginally Posted By bennevis[quote=Jeanne W] The vast majority of people who learn to play piano in the UK are still children of middle-class musical parents who've grown up in musical households. The UK ought to hav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to read music by hello my name is @ 01/13/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By hello my name is Like Charles said, you cannot be expected to sight-read pieces that are at your level.... As I wrote before, the OP did not write about sight reading, and may not be aware of diffe
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is Pianoteq? by Gombessa @ 01/13/17 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesIn my experience DP are not for children. I have a young child, and got back into pianos and DPs for this reason. You make a lot of good points here, 8 Octaves, and it's really making me think about whether I should jus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ego in an adult beginner by hello my name is @ 01/13/17 05:30 PM

I think if you are learning from a teacher, you should take her suggestion and do it. It's a good technique to have anyway, even if it's not really "your style." This detached style is a good thing to add into your toolbox. Learn it, do
Jump to new posts Digital headphones and latency by StevieT @ 01/13/17 05:24 PM

I'm currently in the market for some wireless headphones to use with my DP. I'm somewhat concerned about latency, which I would imagine to be really annoying when playing. One option would be to get some analog wireless headphones like the Sennheise
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Teaching Lessons Online by hello my name is @ 01/13/17 05:21 PM

Has anyone here done it? What are the main differences you take into consideration and how do you approach it?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to repair a warped baby grand cabinet by NWUKMD @ 01/13/17 05:19 PM

Thanks to all who have responded. Due to pressures of work I wasn't able to visit my "baby" and take photos, but I'll do so this weekend. 📸 Mark - I like your idea of a tension bar (same idea as tie bars to pull together the walls of a
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By bennevis[quote=Jeanne W] The vast majority of people who learn to play piano in the UK are still children of middle-class musical parents who've grown up in musical households. The UK ought to have a long hard look at itself.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to go for Piano World technical help? by earlofmar @ 01/13/17 04:54 PM

I am seeing other avatars but not everyone has one. You could PM the moderators and in the case of ABF they are BB Player or casinitaly
Jump to new posts Re: $3500 DP - Best Sound & Touch? by Goss @ 01/13/17 04:51 PM

not really what this thread is about but ok ^^ Yes, reproducing the sound, feel and behavioir of a carefully engineered wood and metal instrument is difficult. And the means to do it with technology is no easy feat. for perspective - amplifiers an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by earlofmar @ 01/13/17 04:48 PM

good comparison Tubbie0075, and I got the same impression there was little overall difference between the two at grade 5. But in reading any of the requirements it seems you have to be quite mad to attempt such exams
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any info about Uebel and Lechleiter Pianos? by Melving @ 01/13/17 04:47 PM

Wikipedia article source appears to be the (renamed) corporate webpage, no? http://liedermannpianos.com/company.html
Pianist Corner
For me it would have to be Liszt. His writing is a bit "simpler" than Chopin, so it's easy to memorize.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ego in an adult beginner by earlofmar @ 01/13/17 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By ICW I can tell that she likes Historically Informed Performance, which I am not personally a fan of. In fact, I really dislike playing the piano as if it were just a substitute harpsichord. I much prefer the older, Romantic styl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ego in an adult beginner by bennevis @ 01/13/17 04:28 PM

I must admit that over the Christmas period, I wallowed in old-time nostalgia by listening to Baroque Christmas concertos (Corelli, Torelli, Locatelli etc) performed by the Berlin Philharmonic under Herbert von Karajan (who's also tinkling away softl
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing by ear - a blessing or a curse? by Batuhan @ 01/13/17 04:25 PM

Playing by ear and ignoring reading music is the worst thing that you can do to yourself
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by Tubbie0075 @ 01/13/17 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By earlofmar I think AMEB is easier when it comes to scales and arpeggios as I will only need half as many to be ready than an ABRSM student would. I did a comparison for the technical work requirements between ABRSM and AMEB at g
Pianist Corner
all of Chopin pieces are easy to memorize and easy to play but SO HARD TO INTERPRET beethoven op 2 no 1, op 2 no 2, op 2 no 3, op 27 no 2, waldstein, appassionata, no. 32 c minor, pathetique easy to memorize liszt late pieces like nuages gris, fune
Page 67 of 95 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 94 95 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Key Signatures
by ee375
25 minutes 20 seconds ago
Stung by YouTube!
by johnlewisgrant
43 minutes 19 seconds ago
protective piano film
by ivorytickler76
58 minutes 55 seconds ago
Roland HP/LX: Differences between models vs. Designer app
by Falsch
Today at 09:05 PM
Sound comes out of speakers even w headphones plugged in
by Goldie123
Today at 07:19 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,284 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,850 Topics
2,589,737 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission