Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by wimpiano @ 08/18/14 05:28 AM

@barbaram, that's good news for the Schumann recital @SandTiger, that sucks, hope the pills help. I'll check out the pixie dust, seems fun. @aTallGuyNH, sorry I was to late, I do have soundcloud but only read it after the deadline. @JeanieA, I kn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ 08/18/14 05:16 AM

My achievement of the week: made a plan, and sort of stuck to it. My first Schumann piece is coming together quite quickly, I only had HS on the plan for the week but got impatient and started HT on some sections. Gold star for starting at the end o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My new piano is killing my wrists! by trigalg693 @ 08/18/14 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: laguna_greg Touch weight or "stiffness" can pose a problem with certain types of technical training. Can you elaborate? I've actually never heard of this, although I probably suffer from sample bias.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble finding good pianos by trigalg693 @ 08/18/14 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: noobpianist90So why don't pianists learn to tune their own instruments? Is it a really difficult thing to learn how to do? First of all a piano has way more strings to tune than a harpsichord. But more importantly, tuning is u
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Any news on future EPP's? I know it was discussed a few times while we were out and about... would just like to query it as the sooner we have any info the sooner I (and any others interested) can confirm whether or not they can turn up to any potent
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble finding good pianos by noobpianist90 @ 08/18/14 05:00 AM

I remember reading somewhere that in baroque period, the performer would tune his own instrument since sometimes the harpsichord (for example), would go out of tune while performing and would need re-tuning to continue the concert. So why don't piani
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by littlebirdblue @ 08/18/14 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Jay RolandWe have put newer models in front of the Examining board since the first time, and the improvements have been noted by them by the extended use of certain models at all grade levels. Jay, are you able to disclose whic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by Michael Sayers @ 08/18/14 04:54 AM

Hi Max, I listened to not only that link of your especially restored Pleyel but also an additional recording of it at your youtube channel. The recordings are very interesting. One can hear the Chopin-Pleyel connection.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by Michael Sayers @ 08/18/14 04:47 AM

Hi Stephen, The Pleyel looks lovely, and thanks for sharing the photos of the original hammers. It would be great to hear a recording of how it sounds.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by MarkH @ 08/18/14 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: FarmGirlI started having headache towards the end and told myself "now that's the piece I will never play in my life" That actually happens to me a lot with Schumann, especially with Carnival. One piano teacher and I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I think this is the difference between an aural tuner and an ETD tuner. When you tune aurally you make a lot of tests without even thinking of them. It is like riding a bike or driving a car. You do not think at every move you do, you just do it. In
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by DoelKees @ 08/18/14 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: HakkiSometimes it is very hard to confess that one is wrong. And the endless bla bla begins. Whatever. Looks like Hakki is intent to pick a fight. I consider this troll behavior which should be met with ignorance (do not fee
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: difficulty in sight reading left hand notes by Brian Lucas @ 08/18/14 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoBrian and Morodiene, btw, you might find this interesting (or maybe not . I wish I had a copy, but I once saw a very interesting method book from like the 1920's or something. It started the student with two hand
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FLAT-STRUNG PIANOS by Michael Sayers @ 08/18/14 03:52 AM

Hi Laguna, Ando says it is a very nice piano, he's played it, maybe he can comment a little on how well the Idil Biret recording captures its sound. To my ears - and I've done a bit of recording with various pianos and microphones - this is a very
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Charles Cohen @ 08/18/14 03:51 AM

What alternatives _do_ you see in Audacity, for the "recording" device? Most laptops have a built-in microphone, and either: . . . a "Mic In" or "Line In" jack (might be mono or stereo), . . . with a separate "he
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Charles Cohen @ 08/18/14 03:45 AM

What KJ said -- . . . It sounds like you're overloading the input stage of the camcorder. Several ways to fix this: 1. Reduce the output of the piano -- either: . . . . turn down the VOLUME knob, or . . . . get a small mixer, and use it to contro
Got it, thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Mawliet @ 08/18/14 03:32 AM

I tried that but my keyboard still will not show up as a recording device. This worked perfectly fine on my other computer but for some reason this computer seems to have problems whenever I try to record something.
Jump to new posts Re: Grand repetition lock up by SMHaley @ 08/18/14 03:03 AM

Simply said, repetition problems are usually due to a regulation problem. Even the Schwander type action had decent repetition. The back check should be catching the hammer on anything above a low dynamic light blow. If the rep lever is catching a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinhoven... where's the discussion? by turandot @ 08/18/14 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Glenn Treibitz There is nothing "cheap" about anything currently made in Korea or has been made there for the better part of the last decade. Most of what is made in Korea today will run circles around most pianos ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ 08/18/14 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Recaredo Amazing music and a smart staging; a real gift for ears and eyes. Thanks Recaredo! It's lovely, though I only had time to listen to half of the recording. I'm looking forward to finishing it in the morning. I hope
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by DonaldLee @ 08/18/14 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfan In some aspects, I think Schumann as challenging as anything in Chopin or Liszt. I would say more difficult. Chopin and Liszt are quite comfortable in the hands when played correctly. Schumann's music, for me and
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Iori Fujita @ 08/18/14 02:25 AM

Adblock is a good for usual disturbances, but in fact, it can not block those pages. By browsing around, I found "TSM Adware Removal Tool.app". Also you can find it in the web. My Macbook Pro has been infected by something bad. Then after
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prokofiev Sonata No 7 by DonaldLee @ 08/18/14 02:21 AM

This is really great. I'm working on this for my junior recital, and we differ a lot interpretation wise, but I liked just about everything you did! Bravo. Can't wait to hear more.
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Kawai James @ 08/18/14 02:12 AM

From page 144 of the camera's owner's manual: Try setting the recording volume to the lowest level, then gradually increasing until the sound starts to distort. The camera's audio input jack is intended for microphones, rather than line-level aud
Page 68 of 105 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 104 105 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (36251, accordeur, aesop, anamnesis, 31 invisible), 1449 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75901 Members
42 Forums
156860 Topics
2304845 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Using the drum tracks on KAWAI MP6 piano
by Dr Jazz
Today at 08:39 AM
4K piano purchase question
by ConstantlyConfused
Today at 08:17 AM
Do you use a method series to teach jazz? What series?
by Maechre
Today at 07:39 AM
Tuning my piano with an app
by johan d
Today at 03:14 AM
Tuning a piano
by johan d
Today at 02:14 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission