Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (anotherscott, anamnesis, Benvolio, AndrewJCW, 32 invisible), 1038 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Best Digital Piano by JDRPiano @ 07/28/15 12:34 AM

Hello Everyone, So, I am also looking for a new digital piano (keyboard) to go in my room so that my sister can rest when she gets home in the morning from work. Anyone have any good suggestions for a good, touch-sensitive digital piano that ha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by rysowers @ 07/28/15 12:26 AM

I started in my early 20's and often heard client's say: "I expected someone older". Ironically I just heard that again last week, even though I'm 47! I enjoyed that! For that reason I made it a goal to pass the PTG tuning exam as soon as
Jump to new posts Re: Heintzman Transposing Piano by Retsacnal @ 07/28/15 12:24 AM

Cool! When I saw "transposing" I thought the string tension would adjust somehow. It didn't dawn on me that the action could shift from side to side.
Member Recordings
[LINK HERE] https://youtu.be/WJpseWdtzWo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Casio WK 7600 CTK 7200 by galaxy4t @ 07/27/15 11:56 PM

For Mike Martin: Has Casio ever considered releasing a PC Editor App to better utilize the recording/editing functions of these boards? Seems like this would simplify using the more advanced features these boards have making them more intuitive and e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by Forevertwentyone @ 07/27/15 11:52 PM

I guess my PM to Brian went to all but Its good as I am getting more good information. @Sam. I am very relieved to hear from you that both are safe choices. I think this is what I wanted to hear from you professionals. @Michaelha. I like your jok
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Free concert at LACMA - Distant Voices by fredericch @ 07/27/15 11:44 PM

Happy to announce a great opportunity to hear the #DistantVoicesCD program, in a launch event at LA County Museum of Art. Sept 20, 6pm. Frederic Chiu presents music of Debussy and Gao Ping, including a world premier recording of a piece of Vocalizing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you practice scales and arpeggios staccato? by dogperson @ 07/27/15 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By rocket88Originally Posted By Charles Cohen This gets to the heart of the question: The reason to practice _anything_ is so that you can use it -- or the technique the practice develops -- to play real music. So, if you don't
Adult Beginners Forum
bsw - good for you, yay! And, I agree Little Brown Jug was hard. (And it was also one of those pieces I didn't like much which doesn't make the practice go quickly). I'm interested in what metronomes folks have also - I just downloaded an app to m
Composer's Lounge
Check out the trailer for #DistantVoicesCD at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fA-I6RI10I, with music by Debussy and Gao Ping. 6 pieces by Gao Ping, including 3 for Vocalizing Pianist. Scores available by special authorization of the composer at http
Jump to new posts Tips for finding customers? by Justice Post @ 07/27/15 11:25 PM

Hi all, I'm a 20 year old college student and pianist. I've been apprenticing to be a piano technician for a while now, and I'm now trying to start finding business. I feel that the biggest challenge for me might be my age, since being so young makes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by Mark_C @ 07/27/15 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By Justice Post....My high school music director actually started out as a math major and then switched to music major. .....because music is where the big bucks are! Actually I'm stealing that line. It came from a cabbie. True
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you practice scales and arpeggios staccato? by rocket88 @ 07/27/15 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohen This gets to the heart of the question: The reason to practice _anything_ is so that you can use it -- or the technique the practice develops -- to play real music. So, if you don't want to play anything with st
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 07/27/15 10:54 PM

Chuck, Nobody in PTG wants you to drop out! In fact, I had discussed with Lucas Brookins about him going to apprentice with you. You are an award winner in PTG and everyone respects you for it. What I wrote recently was only my perception of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: approach to relearning "old" repertoire? by Justice Post @ 07/27/15 10:39 PM

I do this too! It's especially helpful because then I suddenly realize all the mistakes I was making with the piece previously
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ivan Moravec RIP by Turn-Table @ 07/27/15 10:35 PM

Such sad news! I discovered him accidentally back in the '80s, when I was very young at a camp located at a university, and found a LP of his Chopin Scherzos at the Music Department Library. Such a technical command and clarity of execution!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Oongawa @ 07/27/15 10:34 PM

Thank Goodness for MOYD!! I've been dealing with a family crisis, requiring a huge amount of time caring for an elderly relative. If it wasn't for MOYD, I would have skipped half the days in the last four months. I won't say my practice was all tha
DazedAndConfused, this topic comes up every so often. The following explanation should clarify things: Quote:Why does Kawai use wood in digital piano actions, but plastic in acoustic piano actions? Kawai use wooden keys in our higher specificati
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Plowboy @ 07/27/15 10:33 PM

^^ Hela-good!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by Ataru074 @ 07/27/15 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88 Not I guess that that has anything to do with method books, and I'm not wishing for method books at my stage of lessons. Just riffing off your reply: you feel like it was difficult but looking back you've made pro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by pianoloverus @ 07/27/15 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By Forevertwentyone Recently I have been searching for a grand piano for my 12 years old. He is just playing as a hobby but I want him get more serious on his practice. He has been playing ever since 6 years old. Does your son want
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by Justice Post @ 07/27/15 10:23 PM

Yeah Bach is something special. I personally don't listen to Baroque era music that much, but he really did set a lot of standards for music written after him. I mean, Bach is the basis for any music theory class after all. My professor in theory II
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Advice by Arabesque @ 07/27/15 10:23 PM

Whatever the quality of headphones they are never as good as studio monitors. I feel the sound is enclosed in my head and this fails to recreate a natural performance. The only problem is how can I use my studio monitors without the sound going throu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by PianoStudent88 @ 07/27/15 10:22 PM

That sounds great, Ataru. I'm seven months in (building on previous lessons, not from scratch), and I'm looking at 1 2-part invention learned. In a few more months I may be able to add another 2-part invention, and possibly a Chopin waltz that I've
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by TX-Bluebonnet @ 07/27/15 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By Ataru074Originally Posted By TX-BluebonnetWhew, just read through all the new posts. Lots of good stuff. Ataru074 and outo, thank you for your replies as well as the questions you asked. It's given me a lot to think about. My t
Page 68 of 85 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 84 85 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can Anyone Help with Getting Students via my Web Site?
by Publishing Guy
Today at 02:39 AM
My visit to the Steinway Piano Gallery to assess pianos
by shirlkirsten
Today at 12:16 AM
Famous pianists who were not child prodigies?
by deckard
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Tips for removing leather key bushings?
by machineintel
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Help choosing a digital baby grand
by Or Moyal
Yesterday at 10:12 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,925 Topics
2,432,085 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission