Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
57 registered (cfrederi, Beemer, augustm, casinitaly, 19 invisible), 1281 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By tarjeikThe CS11 is finally here http://www.kawaius.com/digital/CS/cs11_main.html Indeed. Some more information here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2527908 Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pre-owned Schimmel by twocats @ 04/26/16 07:56 PM

Hi Sophie, what wonderful news! I have really enjoyed the Schimmel uprights that I've played. May your piano bring you and your family much joy
Pianist Corner
I think its more reasonable than UBC and you can purchase them by the week.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin - Etude in C# minor Opus 2 No. 1 by ChrisKeys @ 04/26/16 07:45 PM

I was scanning this forum, and much to my delight I spied a new recording by you! I always enjoy your performances and I was not disappointed this time either. I don't listen to Scriabin very much so this was a treat.
Jump to new posts Re: Modeled piano with transducer by pold @ 04/26/16 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneOr the tone generation (samples) should somehow resemble only raw string vibrations. I think it is a good idea they can experiment a lot on. Just a simple change can make a big difference. Think about the Klavins Una
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by ebonykawai @ 04/26/16 07:37 PM

USER LOCATION: Buffalo NY (actually Amherst) MAKE: Yamaha MODEL: CLP-565GP CONDITION: new in box PRICE PAID: $4900 DELIVERY CHARGE: 0 VENDOR LOCATION: Amherst NY VENDOR NAME: Piano and Organ Center (http://www.pianoandorgancenter.com) PURCHASE DATE:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pre-owned Schimmel by monchichi @ 04/26/16 07:36 PM

Dear all, I just wanted to share my happy news. I am waiting for my 16 years old hardly played but well maintained used Schimmel K122 to arrive next week. I have to say a sincere thank you to Rich at Cunningham piano. He was kind and helpful eve
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Hi all, I'm a bit confused about what kind of condition a showroom piano should be in from a technical perspective. Do dealers have a certain amount of work done to a new piano before sale or is it typically left at factory condition, maybe with a
Adult Beginners Forum
I've come across a couple of places where it is important to continue holding the note despite the sustain pedal. One is if there are pedal changes during the duration of the note. For example, one of my pieces has an F held for four beats, but ther
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Baroquen Promises" by Stephen_Doonan @ 04/26/16 07:15 PM

I love "Baroquen Promises" (the title as well as the music). You have such a fertile creative imagination, Larry (I'm not far behind you in age, I think, close enough not to feel obligated to use "Mr. Alexander").
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by Michiyo-Fir @ 04/26/16 07:10 PM

I think I'm planning to AirBnB and drive to campus. Hopefully the parking rates are not as terrible as UBC...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play and sing simultaneously? by Nikolas @ 04/26/16 07:01 PM

Oh... never replied to that. Yes, I can sing whenever I play. If it's classical I can sing what I'm playing, otherwise I'll sing the song and play the rest of the music on the piano. I've been doing it for the most part of my life really...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Here's the thing by KurtZ @ 04/26/16 06:56 PM

"perfection is the enemy of good." What machines do (with music) interests me not at all but I'll stop and listen to almost anyone play almost anything be it a bar band doing covers or a mando and a dulcimer playing real americana on the
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: So I found something cool. And now? by Stephen_Doonan @ 04/26/16 06:51 PM

I like your chord progression and musical idea, so I sat at the piano for a while to see what ideas I might have or how I might use or develop it a little. A link to the result follows, with general composer notes afterward. E minor chord progressio
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proper way to remove hairline scratches in polyester? by Charles Cohen @ 04/26/16 06:49 PM

Meguiar's products are quite reliable. If they have a really fine rubbing compound -- something like "Plastic Headlight Polish" for cars -- I'd try that. If the scratch is really shallow, the repair shouldn't show. You must accept the f
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: 1935 Mason and Hamlin Model A by pianoloverus @ 04/26/16 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By jimmymioI've really fallen in love with this instrument and can't wait until I have the money to replace the hammers. Would love to communicate with anyone with a similar instrument. I find this post confusing. If the hammers ne
How would this make commercial sense? If you could upgrade your CS10 then why would you buy a CS11? If you do not buy a CS11 then how do Kawai pay to develop the next range of pianos? Kawai/Yamaha/Casio etc. are hardware manufacturers who make mon
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: So what by Charles Cohen @ 04/26/16 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By jjo . . . If a note sounds good, don't worry about whether it's in the scale. This harks back to Thelonius Monk: . . . "The piano ain't got no wrong notes."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you play and sing simultaneously? by JimF @ 04/26/16 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By CompianistDo you play and sing at the same time? Does singing make playing easier, harder, more fun, etc.? Yes, most of the time when practicing, unless there are people around. (Mercy rule) Mostly melody, buy also just humming
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano touch weight, both up and down. by hughconway @ 04/26/16 06:34 PM

I did not mean to imply a prejudice about piano sound. However, an upright piano is a compromise instrument designed for those without space for a 'proper' grand piano. The action in an upright is a compromise action to make one that works in the sma
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Stiggy @ 04/26/16 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By Stiggy Hi peoples, I was wondering about the V-Piano and how much of what makes the V-Piano so good went into the HP/LX Roland models? Is the V-Piano that much better or on a different level of quality, Does the HP/LX pianos come
Jump to new posts Re: Modeled piano with transducer by Oasismfg @ 04/26/16 06:28 PM

I don't know the answer to that yet, I will have a clearer picture when I get around to mounting the high frequency transducers. I suspect the result will fall somewhere between a high end studio speaker system and an actual grand, which I also have
Piano Teachers Forum
Here in the UK it's quite custom, I think, to call teachers by a first name bases. At least in my lessons everyone just calls me "Nikolas" and that's it! BTW, when I book air tickets I go by Dr. Nikolas Sideris, just for the kicks (consid
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help me identify this piece's name? by Yousuf Ejazi @ 04/26/16 06:26 PM

Yeah, all of them, but it turned out it wasn't Rameau. I so much want to know the name. 😣
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Composing semi-difficult works. Why bother? by gnuboi @ 04/26/16 06:19 PM

Hi Nikolas, I learned a lot from your thread! You seem to have received a lot of encouragement already, but I just want to add a little something. Shakespeare and Charles Dickens were the pop writers of their day. They wrote what sold well. Shake
Page 68 of 90 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 89 90 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Vecsey/Cziffra La Valse Triste
by Michiyo-Fir
Today at 02:03 AM
Keyboard for a 100 year old
by doremi
Today at 01:40 AM
Was Chopin a Spy?
by Kenan
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Pianoteq 5 vs Roland SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling
by kristiank
Yesterday at 09:56 PM
Backing Up ForScore Files to a PC?
by newbert
Yesterday at 06:19 PM
Forum Stats
83,477 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,349 Topics
2,520,489 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission