Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
69 registered (augustm, angga888, anotherscott, AZ_Astro, AZNpiano, 17 invisible), 895 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai 52" upright model recommendation by PianoWorksATL @ 08/21/15 06:41 PM

The Knabe WKV131 has both sostenuto & practice rail. You can add an aftermarket practice rail fairly simply. It will be lever operated instead of pedal operated. The new K8 (or K800) is very nice, but certainly a lot more than the used models
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is in your piano repertoire? by Brendan @ 08/21/15 06:40 PM

This and that; perhaps more so of this than that!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- General Discussion Room by BillM @ 08/21/15 06:37 PM

45. Inlanding - Glen - Indaco A captivating and mesmerizing performance. I always look forward to listening to your piano playing, both in the recitals and the Piano Bars. You never fail to entertain and show us what a true artist sounds like. 46
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Here is my crack at a progressive beat speeds in one pass. It's been awhile and the ear/arm coordination slips a bit. No doubt room for improvement, I'm sure. This is done on a NY 1917 O with original soundboard and treble strings, small amount of vo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by raubucho @ 08/21/15 06:34 PM

Welcome Comet. Congratulations on passing Level 2. Funny that you mention being taught from the "children" books. That is what I am using, but, I'm self teaching. I don't mind the kids musical selections in the practice materials. I went w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated Notes (Chopin Op.18) by debussychopin @ 08/21/15 06:32 PM

switch fingering on every consecutive repeated note. That is the technique. The one fingered approach is just the easy way out, but like in all things limits growth into better technique and thus refinement. Put a little practice into that, and the g
Adult Beginners Forum
Sign-up List: Leigh Harline - "When You Wish Upon a Star" - 1940 - Sam S Harold Arlen and E. Harburg - "Over the Rainbow" - SwissMS George and Ira Gershwin - "Bess, You is My Woman Now" 1935 - dire tonic George and Ira G
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rickster... The last big piano store I visited was late in the day, no other customers were in the store, just me, the owner, and 2 salespeople. There were 4 vehicles in the parking lot... my 04 Chevy Silverado pick-up truck and
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should my student quit? by debussychopin @ 08/21/15 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By currawongOriginally Posted By ArghhhActually, I'm not sure that he ever did practice as I requested as he never answered "Did you practice this 5 times every day this week?", and only seemed confused.I'm not surprised.
Jump to new posts Re: I Can't Believe How Well Fabric Softener Works! by Musicdude @ 08/21/15 06:14 PM

So is it legal to take a swig off that vodka while you are softening hammers? For the record, the fabric softener I used is labeled with "biodegradable cationic" as the effective ingredient. But who knows, it may have been the al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Taubman worth the pain? by JohnSprung @ 08/21/15 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibMy teacher asked me to stop playing all the pieces I had learned using my prior approach and play only new works I would begin under his direction going forward (at least for now). Same recommendation from Mortensen,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by knotty @ 08/21/15 05:49 PM

With the 3 hour difference, your late night session turned into a super late night session for me but I watched in the morning. You were really swinging on those tunes.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Taubman worth the pain? by Shabbat Shalom @ 08/21/15 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By jdwOriginally Posted By Shabbat ShalomTo add my two cents, Taubman I a nice initial way to free up a locked mechanism and/or play slowly, but it's severely limited in its application. There is no way to play fast if you're rotati
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CS 11 wish list by hughconway @ 08/21/15 05:41 PM

And real TRS such as on the Avantgrand series would be awesome - the soundboard transducer system does generate some feedback in the keys but it only really works with the volume up loud and playing bass notes. However, it must be noted that even th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai 52" upright model recommendation by RealFamilyMan @ 08/21/15 05:29 PM

Hi Sam, thank you for the reply and the welcome. I was searching again, and just found the perfect one - except for one thing - it has sostenuto. :-( Apart from that, it has everything I was hoping for. The large... 'resonation cavity'(!?) above
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K25 vs K3 by PamDD @ 08/21/15 05:27 PM

Hi, Robert. Since I have to travel a fair distance to even see the piano, I would want to know if I'm even in the ballpark before hiring a tech. My counter would be something like this: "I'm willing to pay $____ if it passes an inspection by
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated Notes (Chopin Op.18) by Carey @ 08/21/15 05:24 PM

What fingering are you using?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Repeated Notes (Chopin Op.18) by CowNorris @ 08/21/15 05:17 PM

I've been having trouble with this for a while now, when playing the section with the fast repeated notes in Chopin's Grande Valse Brillante, the notes often gets muddled together (key not being depressed before the next note). I'm sure this isn't a
Hi Bill it is true that the water have an effect, but as you may have discovered, the more alcool in the mix the farther the water goes in the wood, the stronger the shrinking effect on the cloth, and the stronger the effect. BUT, it works only
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CS 11 wish list by hughconway @ 08/21/15 05:12 PM

And deeper travel in the pedals - that would make half pedalling and pedalling in general much easier!
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 08/21/15 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By Lucas Brookins RPTI'm talking about the temperament and midrange. It could land you in the 90s but certainly not 100s every single time. The above is true. I just looked up the results of Lucas' ETD tuning on Part 2 after he
Piano Forum
According to the Piano Atlas, Belarus made the Charles Albrecht brand beginning in 1993.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Old Vic @ 08/21/15 05:10 PM

RE:"...affect the touch response" look at the picture: https://static.gearslutz.com/board/imgext.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi59.tinypic.com%2Fsvjd4j.png&h=9c179f2a0423075e293c52bf66362c44 IMHO: 1. the sensor reacts to the end-velocity of the
Jump to new posts Re: I Can't Believe How Well Fabric Softener Works! by David Jenson @ 08/21/15 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPT... This forum is a general one, so the techniques for working on the finest of pianos are often seen and welcome but techniques for making the most ordinary pianos sound and play better may actually be more welc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Taubman worth the pain? by JohnSprung @ 08/21/15 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By KarabaJuggling is great!! I recomend you a book to guide you in every step: Lessons from the Art of Juggling from Michael Gelb And Tony Buzan. It teaches you how to juggle and at the same time it teaches you the learning process
Page 68 of 75 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 74 75 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I just leveled-up
by PDizz
08/27/15 10:24 PM
Interval reading
by My Bucket List
08/27/15 10:14 PM
Double-striking keys on Petrof II grand
by doctor S
08/27/15 08:57 PM
Fixing Ivory Keys (more like chiseling them down)
by AmandaH
08/27/15 08:22 PM
Suggestions for book of classic film music?
by shamuball
08/27/15 06:52 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,543 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,465 Topics
2,439,772 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission