Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
137 registered (Anita Potter, anotherscott, accordeur, 41 invisible), 1639 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion for Frank by maurus @ 12/17/14 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniFrank, I love PW and I like Hailun pianos, but those darn ads that make me have to scroll back and forth are so annoying and they seem unnecessary. Why couldn't they be resized? My 2 cents of constructive critici
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by leafhound @ 12/17/14 02:34 AM

I could easily tell the N1-N3 are digital pianos. just another sample based piano/. All that money for just a bunch of samples.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First tuning for a client! by rysowers @ 12/17/14 02:23 AM

So how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know!
I often find I can save a good 30 minutes of my appointment time if I float the pitch. Sometimes I can get away with doing very little tuning in the bass section. The goal for me is to save time so that I can spend more time regulating and voicing wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cline upright piano by Markarian @ 12/17/14 02:08 AM

Achievement Unlocked: Thread Necromancer
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by DoelKees @ 12/17/14 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBLet me put this in terms that are easier to understand. The computer hardware used to play back MIDI files may be capable of thousands or millions of volume levels, but MIDI files only have volume levels between 0 and 255. Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion for Frank by Markarian @ 12/17/14 02:00 AM

I still don't understand why the guy advertises on a worldwide site, when he's a regional dealer for a brand that isn't exactly in vintage territory yet. Maybe I don't understand how distribution works, but it would be like Gary here for Steinway Bel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video available from "How It's Made" by Markarian @ 12/17/14 01:53 AM

Either I wasn't wearing my glasses or the thing was so gross I couldn't tell it was an AIII. Running it full screen for the first time now and, yep, now I feel dumb! I think I did spot you briefly--Wonderful work on those pianos. Did the AIII find a
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 12/17/14 01:42 AM

From "http://www.justonic.com/help/The%20Microtuner.htm": Quote:The tuning resolution of your synth might be: 1/64 of a semitone (1.56 cents or 0.40 Hertz at A440); 1/100 of a semitone (1 cent or 0.25 Hertz at A440); 1/4000 of a semitone
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by jazzwee @ 12/17/14 01:34 AM

Hmmmm...seems to work here. What do you see?
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning in the dry winter - raise up to 440 or leave flat? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 12/17/14 01:30 AM

Hi Gerry, I tune Double String Unisons (DSU), all the time, even on pitch raises, that's no mute strip and I'm listening to two strings at once. I developed this method inspired by the writings of Virgil Smith. I am presenting two classes at the PT
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by custard apple @ 12/17/14 01:23 AM

Sorry JW but I couldn't open your link.
I'd like a digital stage piano with action like a Roland RD-800, with ONE GREAT ACOUSTIC PIANO SOUND ONLY, and no other sounds, effects or bling whatsoever.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ 12/17/14 01:17 AM

Thank you everyone for kind words. This is a great community for a person like me, an adult restarter. SwissMS Yep, it's an uphill battle sometimes. My sightreading got a lot better but, I easily fall apart under pressure. Long way to go.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano - future specs - what is your request? by anotherscott @ 12/17/14 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: pv88With no money or physical space limitations, what kind of digital would you want or prefer, and why? If there were no money or physical space limitations, I have a hard time coming up with a reason to buy a digital at all.
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about Digital Piano, iPads and iRig by anotherscott @ 12/17/14 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott HamlinNo it's not needed UNLESS you have a keyboard without USB and only a 5 pin MIDI DIN keyboard And even then, you don't necessarily need an iRigMIDI specifically... there are numerous comparable devices from other br
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by Chris Leslie @ 12/17/14 01:08 AM

Thank you Kees for your constructive advice and support. I would like to improve this project as much as I am able to with help from the community. Your suggestions will be worked into the next version. BDB, I don't think we can assume that a semit
Pianist Corner
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by keystring @ 12/17/14 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: bennevis Is forcing a child to go to school counterproductive? It can be. That is why some of us opted for homeschooling for at least part of our children's school age period.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tuning Simulator by BDB @ 12/17/14 12:27 AM

Let me put this in terms that are easier to understand. The computer hardware used to play back MIDI files may be capable of thousands or millions of volume levels, but MIDI files only have volume levels between 0 and 255. There may be a similar limi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by outo @ 12/17/14 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: wimpiano @#2: Forcing a child to do anything is counterproductive most of the time. So far the cheap "myths". What a load of nonsense we get confronted with everyday.. Is forcing a chil
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by Del @ 12/17/14 12:09 AM

Most modern laminated soundboard panels are made with cores that are around 6 7 mm thick. The face veneers are typically 1 1.5 mm thick. The finished panels are usually somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5 mm thick. When the face veneers are oriented at
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by malkin @ 12/17/14 12:08 AM

Your post reminds me of the "emergency" phone call I got from school when my 5th grade-ballet dancing daughter was in the principal's office because she had kicked a boy in the head! He deserved it--He said that an ill friend should "
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by currawong @ 12/17/14 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: currawongOriginally Posted By: NahumDoes the influence on absolute pitch the following problems?It's unclear whether you mean: Do the following problems influence absolute pitch? or Does absolute pi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The definition of absolute pitch by Nahum @ 12/17/14 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: malkinOriginally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: currawongOriginally Posted By: NahumDoes the influence on absolute pitch the following problems?It's unclear whether you mean: Do the following problems influence absolut
Page 68 of 106 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 105 106 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
piano sound is the result of more than just the hammer speed
by Keith D Kerman
12/21/14 01:05 PM
piano sound is the result of more than just the hammer speed
by Keith D Kerman
12/21/14 01:05 PM
country style piano
by seniormoment
12/21/14 12:42 PM
Forum Stats
77387 Members
42 Forums
160042 Topics
2350216 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission