Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
109 registered (anotherscott, Amir, BarryDMD, 36251, ando, 21 invisible), 1193 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by Kawai James @ 01/22/15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: PtJaaI'd love to learn more details about the enhancements in GF II and more details about the 3 piano samples in CA67/CA97. The videos don't say much. PtJaa, I have prepared documents for dealers and distributors that summari
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Key Length by JohnSprung @ 01/22/15 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Keith D KermanKey length is very important to pianists. Perhaps, depending on the width of your fingers. For me, more white length between the sharps is pretty much useless, it's impossible to touch without also playing the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Two accidentals side by side? by Nicholas Mihaila @ 01/22/15 09:44 PM

I looked at the score again and there was a double sharp on the first note of the measure (F), and the paired accidentals occurred later, also on an F, but one octave up. I guess it's just an outdated notation style. Thank you both for your replies
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The $12.50 piano by showard @ 01/22/15 09:41 PM

The family moved the piano themselves so they saved money there also. Yes, it does tend to be a good market for used pianos.
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by Pete14 @ 01/22/15 09:39 PM

So are we saying that the new (state-of-the-art) CA97 is a rehash of the -by definition- outdated CA95? I mean, we're getting a new preset, A.K.A. Shigeru Something, a pretty KAWAI stamp (decal) on the soundboard, and the highly anticipated GF2 (not
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: riley80Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: DanSOriginally Posted By: NahumThere is no relationship between Bei MIr Bist Du Shein and funeral , also in lyrics . Do not try to play Jingle bells? LOL, he's t
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: phantomFiveUsing an A# in a C7 would drive me crazy. Yeah me too. If it was resolving to Bm/E then the A# would be appropriate, but then it wouldn't be a C7.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Key Length by DanS @ 01/22/15 09:30 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I measured a Young Chang today that was also 5-15/16th. It's amazing how noticeable 3/16" is.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Key Length by pianoloverus @ 01/22/15 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: BruceDMy Estonia 190's naturals are 5-15/16ths inches or 15 cm. Regards, Same for my Mason BB
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP4 Review First Impressions by Marko in Boston @ 01/22/15 09:16 PM

SOS posted a new (partial free) review of CP4 if anyone interested. The only reason Im interested is because I am babysitting a CP4 for a co-worker who is away for next two weeks. Actually just checking on his cat and mail everyday. In trade he sai
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Two accidentals side by side? by MRC @ 01/22/15 09:15 PM

This may happen if there has been a different accidental (a sharp or a double flat) on the same note immediately before, in the same measure or possibly the preceding measure. The idea is that the natural is needed to cancel the first accidental befo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PW takes foreeeeeever now by JohnSprung @ 01/22/15 09:10 PM

PW has always had loads of bad scripts that have to be disabled one by one when their error message pops up....
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by bennevis @ 01/22/15 09:09 PM

Do DP manufacturers design their products to make money for themselves (and their shareholders), or to satisfy every DP buyer's whim? If the former, they design products that they think will appeal to enough buyers, and sell enough to recoup the cos
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia piano quality question by Roger Ransom @ 01/22/15 09:08 PM

Norbert, you crack me up.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Two accidentals side by side? by JohnSprung @ 01/22/15 09:07 PM

So, let's go through everything on that particular line or space for the entire measure. Is there anything ahead of the natural and flat? Anything between them? If there's nothing between them, the natural to me would just be clutter. The last a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts music ID by manyhands @ 01/22/15 09:03 PM

Can anyone identify the title and composer of this post? Thank you! [img]http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2376880.html#Post2376880[/img]
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by 36251 @ 01/22/15 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: pspicerOriginally Posted By: dewster..., where every penny is diverted into whatever they believe will yield them the most in terms of short-term monetary profit.... D'man, you have a point that the money invested is probably
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Diversity in Music Education by SMHaley @ 01/22/15 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersA N.Y. Steinway grand is a very exposing piano. By way of contrast, it is almost impossible to produce an ugly sound on a nice Bösendorfer grand. With a N.Y. Steinway one can instantly hear if a pianist truly is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starting... by Charles Cohen @ 01/22/15 08:57 PM

[quote=Pelasgos c) What you suggest are the best starter pianos? Price range 800-1500 euros. Mind you i really like to play classical pieces some time in the future. [/quote] For _digital_ pianos in that range, you can pick from several Yamaha, Kaw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: tarnish removal -- suggestions? by angga888 @ 01/22/15 08:57 PM

Great to know Cory Buff Brite works, however, the shininess may last only for around a week, if you want to keep it shine longer, you may apply Cory High Glosh Polisher after the Buff Brite. Or else, you will keep applying Buff Brite every week to ma
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts music ID by manyhands @ 01/22/15 08:54 PM

what is the title and who is the composer of this music??
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia piano quality question by Norbert @ 01/22/15 08:50 PM

Quote: You seem to really hate the 'same pianos.' Can 'same pianos' be such a threat? No, they sure aren't. Those who have tried one often agree that Estonia is a bit in a class of its own often recognizing this when making a choice. "Same Pi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cheaper Alternative to Protek CLP? by Paul678 @ 01/22/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck Behm Believe it, Paul. I order a gallon (around $200) every several years and swear by it. Like Ed said, it will solve a lot of problems. Chuck Wow, really? I tuned and serviced 4 pianos in the last two weeks, whic
Charles thank you!! I can't wait to try this out the way you are describing. Thanks you for explaining this to me!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too young for piano? by Morodiene @ 01/22/15 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersA have a friend who didn't start piano until he was 16. At 18 he was enrolled as a university piano major and working on difficult repertoire by Chopin and Liszt. Then he dropped out for the same reason I initial
Page 68 of 110 < 1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 109 110 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Physis Piano Editor Announced -Pianoteq/V-piano's approach?
by Bluesman
01/27/15 07:37 AM
Kawai VPC1 with bluetooth headphones
by Bob50
01/27/15 05:10 AM
H. Steinway watch ?
by angga888
01/27/15 05:04 AM
Kawai '30 days to go' mystery??
by pmh
01/27/15 03:57 AM
iPhone / iPad as MIDI Controller for AvantGrand N2
by andythefiredog
01/27/15 03:28 AM
Forum Stats
77877 Members
42 Forums
160955 Topics
2364488 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission