Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (Albunea, Alexander Borro, anamnesis, 35 invisible), 1510 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by Svenno @ 05/18/15 04:18 AM

I think many people have some living composers with whom they resonate with. For me, among those would be Nikolai Kapustin and of course Arvo Pärt - whose name I believe you have heard - our country's greatest musical pride. But I would rather reso
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Everyone! It's been awhile since I checked in here. I'm now at pg 51 - Love Somebody and A Friend Like You. Next attempt will be Money Can't Buy Everything. It's getting harder! My girl has been bugging me to learn the song Let It Go from Frozen.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to put my piano by michaelha @ 05/18/15 04:16 AM

A, definitely A.
Piano Forum
Put it on Craigslist for $300.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By pivionster SOJIN upright grand piano This is a contradictio in terminis. An upright piano is not a grand piano. Where a grand piano is horizontal, an upright is vertical.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland hp506 and dp90se - advices needed by garywong0923 @ 05/18/15 04:02 AM

Thanks everyone! I got many useful information from you guys. My place dun have kawai digital piano. I tired yamaha CLP 575. (My top model for my local store provided) It is a bit strange touch. It feels like it is hard to play fastly. (Maybe heavy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you pronounce Purcell? A little survey..... by RaggedKeyPresser @ 05/18/15 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By malkinIn the US hardly anyone uses the subjunctive at all anymore. I learned it in English from my high school French teacher. I'm a bit sad to see it go, but we seem to be getting along pretty well without it. Native Englis
Piano Forum
You've just described almost every used upright piano advertisement ever! * The piano is never in tune (let alone serviced in any other respect) * The seller always equates the piano's value with its external cosmetic condition (it's a musical instru
Piano Forum
Many Yamahas aren't voiced well. If you get one voiced properly then it will give you the sound you want
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with Kawai Dealers by Pianist93 @ 05/18/15 03:49 AM

Just an update, I received a reply from Kawai and they have assured me that their standard quality pianos do not have that kind of a defect. They need some time to sort it out with the dealer. I'll let you guys know whenever I hear from them next. Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What sounds like like mellow Yamaha, except moreso? by PhilipInChina @ 05/18/15 03:42 AM

If you want a mellow Japanese instrument have you tried Kawai?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Legato Touches by Celdor @ 05/18/15 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usI listened to about 10 seconds. I don't need to measure it to know his staccato-with-pedal is played louder than his legato-with-pedal. A con in other words. It's very easy to be an ignorant. An intelligent individua
Pianist Corner
Any ideas? What say about it musical psychologists?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going Independent by Peter K. Mose @ 05/18/15 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By oldbegonia My husband is the piano teacher. I am the wife/observer. We’ve been married >40 years and he has taught piano for most of those. Today he is incorporated and I am a kept woman. I don’t know what the rules are
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 2 pieces by wr @ 05/18/15 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By ChopinAddictI think it is also possible to contact people on YouTube. I don't use FB or YouTube (I do watch YouTube videos, but I don't have an account), but those who have an account might want to try. I used to have a YouTube
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why shut down the Petrof thread? by michaelha @ 05/18/15 03:09 AM

Why is the dealer network confidential? Most if not all manufacturers have a link on their website where you can find a nearby dealer. Is it because there are no dealers in the US?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Ralph Overall I think you ( and all of us ) need to dig deeper to find the music within us and make it sound. I think you can do even better with this piece despite a great performance. I feel as though you are holding somethi
Originally Posted By PoverTony, I always enjoy your performances, and this one is no different. I love those late Brahms pieces but am intimidated of starting them because I'm afraid I'll not be able to work them up to such a good standard. Thanks a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Gaia Synthesizer by markalien @ 05/18/15 02:45 AM

I thought the sounds on the Gaia were great, it was not really a question of quality for me. I have tried the JD-XI which also sounded great - but I think my fingers are too big for that! Thanks all for your replies - I think I've convinced myself
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to develop finger muscles by Mark_C @ 05/18/15 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By wouter79> Originally Posted By https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLm5WQleMU0B07FTfj2Pgx3MzEp9VpI4Mn&v=q5HnC3auAwc&app=desktop Around 8:20 While I singing [singing with increasing pitch and pressing key with LH finge
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to develop finger muscles by wouter79 @ 05/18/15 02:31 AM

> Originally Posted By https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLm5WQleMU0B07FTfj2Pgx3MzEp9VpI4Mn&v=q5HnC3auAwc&app=desktop Around 8:20 While I singing [singing with increasing pitch and pressing key with LH finger 4]... this resistance ...
Jump to new posts Re: F. Chopin - Ballade f-minor op. 52 (live) by Tony007 @ 05/18/15 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By Veronika333I know there are some places that I need to practise more, and thanks for notice on dynamics - I have too that feeling, that I make just a little differences between F, FF and FFF. I'm trying to fix it, but when you ar
Piano Teachers Forum
I've pored over Steven Brundage's article more, and understand it better. Basically he encourages like-minded independent teachers to link up and invent themselves as small co-op music schools, to share Internet advertising costs and gain more studen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why shut down the Petrof thread? by Campanella12 @ 05/18/15 02:28 AM

Without wanting to undermine the moderators, I too was surprised that the thread was closed. I did not find pianodad’s post offensive. However, I will say a couple of issues that I have generally with posting. Differently than most posters who pos
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by Scriabin67 @ 05/18/15 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By Cinnamonbear If you are afraid of breaking strings on a new piano, then you are too afraid of breaking strings. That means that you are too afraid. And, it means you will probably break strings. Confront your fear later. Tune
Page 68 of 105 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 104 105 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is "Playing by ear"?
by Albunea
10 minutes 19 seconds ago
Casio PX-150 recording
by T E Bekken
20 minutes 58 seconds ago
Kranich and Bach. 2 pedal. 26909.
by Kastolzm
31 minutes 53 seconds ago
Any tips (suggestions, help) for an Intermediate'ish player
by theforeverwar
44 minutes 40 seconds ago
Six pianos!
by RealPlayer
46 minutes 44 seconds ago
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,377 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,248 Topics
2,409,198 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission