Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
138 registered (agraffe, afb, AJB, ajames, 24 invisible), 2307 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By TedI read the article but have insufficient knowledge of chemistry to derive any insight. I know what you mean - I wish studies would include a non-technical summary for the genera
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfzE6l49U0o Looks interesting. All made in EU - not all the specs impress evenly though, and that sound recorded by mic sort of sounded muffled but that could be different for the player. The keyboard isn't linear grad
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by UnrightTooner @ 02/19/17 06:56 AM

As usual the topic is morphing around a bit. I am thinking that setting the temperament within a 5th is another one-man horse - I'm the only one that rides it. I got goofing around with inharmonicity numbers one time and came up with some figure f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by MarieJ @ 02/19/17 06:53 AM

17. xyzzyFL (Susan) - Shangri-La A very pleasant, relaxing piece. (Are you *sure* that you’ve only been back at the keyboard a few weeks?) 18. Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer A classic favourite - short, but very sweet. I enjoyed it. 19. Tubbie
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts iPad Pro & Forscore - your experience/recommendations? by cathryn999 @ 02/19/17 06:49 AM

I'll be travelling a lot more this year and it's not feasible to lug around a suitcase full of music books, so I'm thinking about making the move to an iPad Pro 12.9 and the Forscore app. But it's a pretty pricey investment - between AUD$1200 - $1600
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
I've remembered two threads related to this topic: Related Thread I remembered this thread, because dire tonic said we need to learn through songs and forget about theory and I took those words for myself...I don't like theory, though it's true th
The 20 plus l. h. patterns come from reading forums, watching U-Tube lessons, and reading music books, instruction type. You can google u-tube and learn all sorts of stuff. Some is classical theory and some is just common sense stuff. Some is a waste
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by minstrelman @ 02/19/17 06:28 AM

super interesting Morodiene. I will pass this on to Jonathan in case he hasn't seen it yet. this has surely piqued my interest. I really considered the issue a non-starter. apparently, I'm wrong. fascinating. one more little note on tuning. I'm an am
Theory - I hardly mentioned it if at all. I am all for theory. I am just saying to get the student interested, hooked if you will and teach all the theory you want or need to while the student is playing songs. I also did not mention theory most lik
I haven't played LX-17. I was prepared to travel to Cambridge to try one but ruled it out based on my feelings about the PHA-50 action. I'm changing direction somewhat and may decide to return to a furniture type piano. At the moment it's CS11 (or p
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by UnrightTooner @ 02/19/17 06:10 AM

If only a few 12ths were beating, then the octaves you used to expand the temperament were not consistent, and/or the temperament was not equal enough. As Chris mentioned, the 12ths are fantastic for checking even expansion of the temperament. They a
Sound wise, how did the LX17 stack up to that CS11 you tried EssBrace?
I think one would need to measure the current foams' compression under loads and go for something more dense - not compressing to more -or less- than what it does now under load or else possibly the sensors won't like it
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by bennevis @ 02/19/17 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By hughconway Having done this, it is quite possible that I was misremembering my music theory from 15 years ago or that I didn't actually understand it properly at the time! I believe that it was during a discussion about J.S. Ba
The most piano-like experience on a DP I've ever had was playing a Kawai CS11 a few days ago. Volume set to two thirds or three quarters. Headphones off. Dig into those keys and the thing comes to life. It moves the air and fills a room like nothing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny exercises by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/19/17 05:50 AM

The original title for Op. 599, by Carl Czerny is: Erster Lehrmeister Erster: First Lehrmeister: Master (Mentor, Teacher) He does not use the term: Method Book
Jump to new posts Re: problem with my GEM RP800 by EssBrace @ 02/19/17 05:43 AM

Interesting. I'm pleased for you. It also indicates that the new GEM must be more or less the same thing as the old GEM, if the main boards are interchangeable. As advanced as General Music was in its day, things have come on since then.
Thanks. Yes, possibly. And it would compress over time I guess anyway. I could really tell that they have put a lot into the development of that action. The feel is really quite different. It just wasn't for me, which was a disappointment. If I'm hon
Nice write up EssBrace! I wonder if that percussive stop you want could be achieved by replacing the foam strip on the PHA-50's front rails.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lost in method books. Need a little help getting on track. by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/19/17 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By Timothy-NLI just call it being passionate and stubborn. And if my better half is to be believed i have an overabundance of both when it comes to the Piano. I do have enough time to dedicate my life to it. Which seems extreme i
Previous Nord Piano owner here. And Roland RD700-GX(SN). I played Nord Piano 3 a couple of weeks ago together with Roland FP-90 and RD-800. It's a tough call. Firstly I'll say it as clearly as I can - the Nord's piano sounds are just better to my
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Chris Leslie @ 02/19/17 05:18 AM

I should mention also that there are other methods for tuning good and consistent octaves, but since you started looking at 12ths I though the method I mentioned would be a good start and good for training the ear to really listen to the quality of t
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Chris Leslie @ 02/19/17 05:03 AM

Tuning like I said will produce a reasonable degree of stretch in the octave, and do it consistently. You may find it difficult to tune 12ths because it is wider than a hand reach. It will be necessary for a hand to leave the lever and play a note t
Originally Posted By BDBOriginally Posted By WilliamTruittThe company who shall remain unnamed did a crappy reproduction for me once. Never again. Do you have an alternative? Local machinist, beg for mercy
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Beemer @ 02/19/17 04:58 AM

Chris, Your information was very helpful. Another little step for my aural tuning progress. thanks, Ian
Page 68 of 88 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 87 88 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
MUZE PIANOWERELD
by Essipova
Today at 12:22 PM
Scale Harmonization
by cmajornine
Today at 11:07 AM
walking basslines
by iamanders
Today at 07:37 AM
lifetime of well maintained higher class upright pianos?
by Wuffski
Today at 05:05 AM
Brief RD 2000 vs RD 800 Comparison Chart
by Hamin
Today at 01:03 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,778 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,692 Topics
2,601,473 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission