Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
104 registered (ando, anamnesis, alex7121, AndrewJCW, AllanH, Anne'sson, 24 invisible), 1163 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
I like the idea of providing a solution, without being too obliging. Is another book enough? Why don't you make two copies - she does have to have one original. Insist the family follow the principle of copyright. Then you can keep a binder at yo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/02/15 01:48 PM

The piano bench was accidentally moving up and down with LG some while he was playing. Some sort of pneumatic design. Finale of Tchaik 2 went well.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by bennevis @ 07/02/15 01:47 PM

Here are a few conspiracy theories: 1) Aliens from a far-off civilization are living amongst us and slowly taking over the planet, starting with global warming (to wipe out homo sapiens, and return T.Rex and its cronies). 2) The moon landings were
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yes I suspect that the basic architecture of the top end Roland actions (and indeed Yamaha GH(3) types) have remained unchanged for a number of years now. There have been small changes in appearance and key surface and of course sensor implementation
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/02/15 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkOriginally Posted By WhoDwaldiGergiev conducts with a toothpick? He has been doing so for decades, no news here Well, I knew he's pinchy with the RH. Just never seen what he was actually holding before!
Jump to new posts Re: portable digital piano ruggedness by Turbomike @ 07/02/15 01:43 PM

Hi Charles, mainly home use with occasional gigs but will also need to be packed away when family visits(!) I'm just wondering about doing a 'hybrid' 'ordinary' DP on a stage stand, as there is more choice and prices are lower for used DP's (can't af
Pianist Corner
Quote:and these young musicians need lot more thick skin than ever before He is exactly saying what I am saying. Thanks for the confirmation from someone who I value more.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suitable Books for Kindle/eReaders by FrankCox @ 07/02/15 01:40 PM

If you get a pdf file you can keep it on your ebook reader (tablet, whatever) and if you have a page where the printing is too small, the diagram is illegible, or you want to keep that chart beside you, just print that page on paper from your compute
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By HakkiWe, competitors, competitors teachers, everybody has the right NOT TO ACCEPT the results if they think so, and protest as well. Do not whine. Nobody is expected to be kind etc. This is the Internet. The arena of the new glad
Pianist Corner
Putin curled his lips after her performance.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway pre- and post- question by Larry Buck @ 07/02/15 01:32 PM

The "pre 1984" Hammer flange knuckle was 15.5 to 16 mm from the knuckle center. The "New York Improved" is 17mm. This 1mm to 1.5mm represents a slight reduction in the leverage ratio of the hammer shank assembly. In the "N
Originally Posted By EssBraceI'll put money on 'PHA-IV Premium' and 'PHA-IV Concert' being mechanically identical. That's what I'd have thought - somewhat similar to the HP302/305/307 some years back which had the similar-feeling PHAII or PHAIII. B
Piano Teachers Forum
This does seem like the most workable solution. If they're willing to pay me regardless of the subpar education their daughter is going to be receiving, that's on them, right?
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By TimRYou know this student will forget her books. There's no point in expecting her to remember. It's a waste of your time and emotion. Let it go. You can't fix her home life, you can't fix her stress. Let it go. Do the prac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ 07/02/15 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiIt is the Internet era now. Everybody should be prepared for the consequences of live streams worldwide. They keep telling this much millions watched the competition. Well then bear the talking of every type of those million
Pianist Corner
Now I understand why there is no winner in violin.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope by knotty @ 07/02/15 01:24 PM

Hey Mark, Yes looks promising. Although at the moment it's hard to find good content but a few musicians are getting on sharing their thoughts...
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiGergiev conducts with a toothpick? He has been doing so for decades, no news here
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/02/15 01:20 PM

Audience loves Debargue. Gergiev conducts with a toothpick?
Pianist Corner
I know that I touch on a large and complicated subject, in addition to many definitely not familiar; but - based on practice - damn interesting! Here we need to initially introduce the notion "musical thinking". In studies of the phenomeno
Yes I accept there will be a cheaper/lighter Roland action. And whatever it is they keep renaming it! If they are using 'PHA-IV Standard' for that it could certainly be misleading. Because 'PHA-III Standard' was just like any other PHA-III except f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/02/15 01:13 PM

Gala: They have spots on in everybody's eyes. Welcome to the big time!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another Recording Question by Rich D. @ 07/02/15 01:05 PM

Thanks for your comments. I edited my post to state external interface rather than audio adapter. I agree as you noted, having a good DSLR could be handy for other purposes as well and was something I was considering regardless of it's recording us
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another Recording Question by Sketches @ 07/02/15 12:56 PM

I cannot comment on the video quality (although presumably a DSLR would be higher quality once past entry level) On the audio side of things, what do you mean by "audio adapter"? If I presume you mean an external interface, then quality o
Originally Posted By EssBraceAhh, Tim Praskins. The salesman who pretends to be the purveyor of independent advice. All the Roland PHA-IV actions will be mechanically and structurally the same. Only differences will be appearance (side of the keys t
Page 68 of 95 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 94 95 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha 3 pedal pin out?
by Edtek
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Glides and Lubricants
by sonnichs
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Need Advice on Steinway and Sons Upright Piano
by Gau Bya
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
pin rust
by cordoba
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
Necessary to replace a pinblock simply due to age?
by machineintel
Yesterday at 07:14 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,910 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,371 Topics
2,424,966 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission