Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
75 registered (Bachus, augustm, barbaram, aesop, 21 invisible), 1070 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
It is very strange to say that a DP is the cause of bad posture. Unless it has very unusual height, I can't see why it is the cause of the problem. You need to use an adjustable bench to compensate for difference in player body anyway (especially for
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN25: is a good piano? by peterws @ 05/01/15 01:21 AM

You need to hop on a plane to Merrie Ole England for the day. Manchester, Liverpool, even Blackpool have decent shops which will stock all these models.. . .then at least you'll know. And English beer makes nice change from the Black Stuff. . .
The posture problems on many of these slimline models is not helped by the position of the pedals if they're fixed to the stand. The only piano in this category that doesn't do this is the DGX 650 which has all the drums etc in a most convenient form
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Debussy Feuilles Mortes first chord by Mark_C @ 05/01/15 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By Saltydogma.....It's all right if it gets a bit technical.... You sure? OK, I'll tell you, but....a couple of things: -- I don't know the piece. -- I'm not really a musician. And those are rather handicaps. So, don't go any
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By peterwsSubmissions start tomorrow, I think. Now, who's gonna be first in there? I'm gonna compete for the last spot instead!
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by Kawai James @ 05/01/15 01:09 AM

Thank you Jon.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97? by Kawai James @ 05/01/15 01:08 AM

Very interesting reading Jon, many thanks for sharing your experiences with the CA97. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: differences between Roland RP401R and RP400 by cholocate @ 05/01/15 01:08 AM

Thank you so much in advance for any information you can provide on this. Shirley
Adult Beginners Forum
Yeah, I agree. Not that I am a good player yet, but I "feel" what I am playing and I want that to come through. I'll work on it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Dru MorganI know I can record to Garage Band with the MIDI connection. I guess I can export as an MP3 from there. Is that acceptable? I would prefer an audio recording of my actual (digital) piano, but that usually comes along wi
Jump to new posts differences between Roland RP401R and RP400 by cholocate @ 05/01/15 01:00 AM

Dear all, I would like to know ALL of the differences between these two models. However, I could not find a manual for RP400 on the internet. Even the Roland website does NOT list it on their product page. And it seems that Costco is the only s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- Call For Submissions by Medden @ 05/01/15 12:52 AM

Count me in.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Prepping Students for MTNA Auditions/Festivals/Whatever by John v.d.Brook @ 05/01/15 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By ChavoPuesHey! Thanks for the great info! Can you explain what you mean by 'Guild' and 'Federation' though? The National Guild of Piano Teachers ; The National Federation of Music Clubs Both are interesting programs, but
Jump to new posts Re: interactive drum rhythms & chord accompaniment by cholocate @ 05/01/15 12:49 AM

fizikisto, Frédéric L, dmd, lolatu, Charles: Thank you so much for the comment. Now I understand that interactive drum rhythms and chord accompaniment are not essential for me at all. toddy: Thank you so much for your comment on F130R. I am also
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Deadlines and corner cutting by BDB @ 05/01/15 12:49 AM

I think learning to make shortcuts like this is a good exercise. Learning to compromise is worthwhile. However, keep in mind that the position of the sharps can be important in orienting your hands. In the first example, it is the F#s, in the second
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Miss? by Mark_C @ 05/01/15 12:45 AM

Funny you should ask, because I'm right in the midst of this nostalgia right now. "The practice rooms" BTW, I'm not in the category that you're talking about, never "went to music school" nor majored in music. I'm talking just
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What causes "dents" in keytops? by Gadzar @ 05/01/15 12:32 AM

Dents? I guess bracelets and children.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Deadlines and corner cutting by MarkH @ 05/01/15 12:30 AM

For your first example, I'm wondering if you could simply think of the broken octaves differently. If you thought of them as 8th note unbroken octaves (just two motions) jumping back and forth (rather than four 16ths, with four associated motions, w
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97? by McBuster @ 05/01/15 12:29 AM

(This is in response to another Thread - MP11 dead on arrival. It is more On Topic here.) Originally Posted By Kawai JamesAs an owner of previous generation instruments, it certainly will be interesting to hear your impression of the latest CA mod
I had a most wonderful visit with Mr. Jackson a couple of years ago at a Steinway seminar at Oberlin Conservatory. He is quite a character! He rides a Harley, has hunted buffalo with a black powder rifle, and used to tune pianos for a number of celeb
Adult Beginners Forum
I know I can record to Garage Band with the MIDI connection. I guess I can export as an MP3 from there. Is that acceptable? I would prefer an audio recording of my actual (digital) piano, but that usually comes along with noise from the kids and dog
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by McBuster @ 05/01/15 12:16 AM

James My Response is in the Thread - Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97?
Piano Forum
You should connect some microphones to a recording device, set the levels, and record.
I did enough to convince myself that I do not want what you are selling, and that was a lot more than you have done to convince anyone that they should buy it.
Originally Posted By EricJOriginally Posted By phackeGreetings, EricJ- Who is your technician in Colorado that gave you the feedback on your L? Best wishes- Hi phacke. The name of the technician is Michael Jackson. He’s quite the character, but
Page 68 of 96 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 95 96 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Why Doesn't Steinway...
by Retsacnal
05/06/15 12:57 AM
Adolf von Henselt
by Tenuto
05/06/15 12:43 AM
Ritmuller RC upright (125cm) - Has anyone played it?
by Skylover
05/05/15 10:23 PM
Where do you buy your sheet music from?
by Beth_Frances
05/05/15 08:37 PM
What Grand Pianos Are Least Troublesome
by pianoMom2006
05/05/15 07:59 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,169 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,784 Topics
2,403,319 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission