Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
159 registered (andwi, Almar, ajames, accordeur, 44 invisible), 2672 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart's Six Viennese Sonatinas by chopin_r_us @ 01/11/17 04:33 PM

Love 'em!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By jwmpThere is a lot of people that are dissapointed in the piano sound of kawai models. Though myself have not tested any but wont rule them out completely. Hmmm... have NEVER heard anyone say that... As a matter of fact, I am
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Falling Apart by SwissMS @ 01/11/17 04:31 PM

I had my first lesson with a new teacher last week. This is my 6th teacher since I returned to piano as an adult (spread through three different countries). Amazingly, I was completely relaxed. The first piece I played for her was the most difficult
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ICW Today's lesson was one of the happiest, most exciting and joyful experiences of my whole life. That's great to hear!
Originally Posted By polo1 The reason(s) I chose to go with a top-tier digital grand over an acoustic are mostly the main ones a lot of people think about - 1. Size - I get the sound of a concert 9' grand piano in a 5' piano 2. Sound - I get the s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From Curiosity: Your practice-time to lesson-time ratio? by bSharp[C]yclist @ 01/11/17 04:23 PM

Is there something similar to Music Journal for Android?
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 headphone choice: Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650 by TonyDIGITAL @ 01/11/17 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By Doug M.Originally Posted By TonyDIGITALHave you tried the HD700? Is has a lower impedance compared to HD600 / HD650 and has a much wider sound stage IMHO Thanks, I'll check the HD700 out. I'm pretty new to high spec headphones.
There is a lot of people that are dissapointed in the piano sound of kawai models. Though myself have not tested any but wont rule them out completely.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Digital stopwatch/timer recommendations? by RealPlayer @ 01/11/17 04:19 PM

Hi, I need to find a good digital stopwatch with large numbers (preferably backlit) for coordinating a 4-piano piece that requires the players to enter at specific elapsed times. It has to be rectangular to rest against the music desk (not like a ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By sara elizabethHow do you guys log your practice time? I use a program on my Ipad called Music Journal. It is a great program that tracks your practice time by piece and allows you to make notes on each piece. I set up folders
Originally Posted By TonyBOne thing that the manager at the store I bought my DP at said, is that those willing to spend the money for the "top tier" Roland or Kawai digital piano (V-Grand and CP-1) that he stocks, will typically spend it o
Adult Beginners Forum
It hardly would have mattered if anyone had given me questions to ask beforehand; I forgot everything I wanted to ask, as it was, anyway. Today's lesson was one of the happiest, most exciting and joyful experiences of my whole life. She gave me so
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I might also add that if the piano has plate bushings, the CA glue will have a hard time getting down into the the pinblock where it's most needed. The solution for this is to drill a small hole through the plate bushings. Don't use a drill bit bec
Thanks for all the comments. I guess all the models I "short listed" are from 2015 and hence they are on the verge of becoming "discontinued" and substituted for new pianos. Can anyone with a Kawai CN-35, Roland HP504 or a Yamaha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Model C by jwmp @ 01/11/17 03:59 PM

I have seen the model c go for much higher price than what this piano is going for.
If anything repetition should be easier on most triple sensor DPs than it is on acoustics, assuming the middle sensor is low enough in the key dip. Most DPs do not have the overall mass and inertia in the key system that an acoustic has and therefore
Thank You, RichardNi for putting together a buyer's guide! IMO, it's much needed information for the average person. Such a guide would, for myself, have shortened the amount of time spent researching. I, like you, a beginner, out-grew my first
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Man intro fingering by Qazsedcft @ 01/11/17 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By NahumThe stylistic inaccuracy in fingering for this genre - it requires one finger slides.It seems that the fingering is written by classical pianist. I don't understand your point. I know that jazz/blues uses finger slides so
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Amazing new concert hall in Hamburg by AJB @ 01/11/17 03:49 PM

It is an interesting building. We have watched it being built on regular visits to Hamburg. It is something of an acquired taste aesthetically!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway D circa 1926 rebuilt by PianoCraft by RealPlayer @ 01/11/17 03:48 PM

Beautiful piano and performance! I don't know if I'd have the nerve to risk that much rubato...
That is true about being "second tier", rather than absolute top tier. Yamaha, Kawai, and Roland all have a more expensive digital piano, all in some sort of "grand" format. However, I would think that probably 99% of the folks
Pianist Corner
It took me years to realise that bench height is critically important!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By sara elizabethHow do you guys log your practice time? I don't log my time, rather I will have a number of 20-30min sessions throughout the day. I also have a list of things to do each day and can't say I am finished until I ha
It is the first time I see the "bottom triggering" expression. It seems me the normal way of working for 3 sensors. Something which can be drawn like this : (Picture taken from the Kawai site). What puzzle me is the justfication of the
Piano Forum
Feel free to check their website T&Cs. I have not dealt with them for a few years.
Page 68 of 100 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 99 100 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Studiologic Numa Compact 2
by Fleer
01/16/17 03:06 PM
New Beginner!
by WilliamMc
01/16/17 02:03 PM
Steinway K45 piano
by bonnierose
01/16/17 01:37 PM
Problems Recording/Saving Songs On Kawai MP7
by Polkahero
01/16/17 01:37 PM
Problems with "Gig Performer"
by newbert
01/16/17 11:31 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,242 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,790 Topics
2,588,927 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission