Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Mawliet @ 08/18/14 03:32 AM

I tried that but my keyboard still will not show up as a recording device. This worked perfectly fine on my other computer but for some reason this computer seems to have problems whenever I try to record something.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand repetition lock up by SMHaley @ 08/18/14 03:03 AM

Simply said, repetition problems are usually due to a regulation problem. Even the Schwander type action had decent repetition. The back check should be catching the hammer on anything above a low dynamic light blow. If the rep lever is catching a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinhoven... where's the discussion? by turandot @ 08/18/14 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Glenn Treibitz There is nothing "cheap" about anything currently made in Korea or has been made there for the better part of the last decade. Most of what is made in Korea today will run circles around most pianos ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ 08/18/14 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Recaredo Amazing music and a smart staging; a real gift for ears and eyes. Thanks Recaredo! It's lovely, though I only had time to listen to half of the recording. I'm looking forward to finishing it in the morning. I hope
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann's Difficulty by DonaldLee @ 08/18/14 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: argerichfan In some aspects, I think Schumann as challenging as anything in Chopin or Liszt. I would say more difficult. Chopin and Liszt are quite comfortable in the hands when played correctly. Schumann's music, for me and
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Iori Fujita @ 08/18/14 02:25 AM

Adblock is a good for usual disturbances, but in fact, it can not block those pages. By browsing around, I found "TSM Adware Removal Tool.app". Also you can find it in the web. My Macbook Pro has been infected by something bad. Then after
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prokofiev Sonata No 7 by DonaldLee @ 08/18/14 02:21 AM

This is really great. I'm working on this for my junior recital, and we differ a lot interpretation wise, but I liked just about everything you did! Bravo. Can't wait to hear more.
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Kawai James @ 08/18/14 02:12 AM

From page 144 of the camera's owner's manual: Try setting the recording volume to the lowest level, then gradually increasing until the sound starts to distort. The camera's audio input jack is intended for microphones, rather than line-level aud
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Kawai James @ 08/18/14 02:00 AM

Nicholas, are you able to reduce either the volume output of the Yamaha, or the recording input on the Canon? If so, this should allow you to record a clean, good quality performance, without the clipping/distortion. Best of luck! Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
I made some good progress with "Cafe Vienna" today. After some serious focus and a lot of reps I can finally increase the volume gradually from p in measure 1 to f in measure 4. So just a little more practice and I should be finished with i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by SwissMS @ 08/18/14 01:48 AM

Congratulations, jotur! That is absolutely awesome. I can just picture you there, trains going by, farmer's market shoppers stopping to listen to you, and the crossing bells keeping time. It sounds like you have made loads of progress in your confi
Jump to new posts Grand repetition lock up by McKnight @ 08/18/14 01:48 AM

Hey everyone, Any ideas on why most grand actions I've come across lock up on quick, low repetition? My Baldwin sd6 was pretty terrible with this with its original renner/ schwander style action. With its new wng action it is improved but still lock
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to make high-quality keyboard videos? by Nicholas Mihaila @ 08/18/14 01:41 AM

Well I just made a quick video and... It was a complete--that is, COMPLETE--failure. The quality was complete garbage, but I uploaded it anyway for the amusement of others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe5vxOyn-lg&feature=youtu.be I'll retur
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Completed Piano Refinish - What do You Think? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/18/14 01:37 AM

That is not an easy task. I know. I've done it a few times. Not for the faint if heart. Your procedure was appropriate. I really like the rub on poly look. Personally, I prefer the look of a refinished piano in a dark colour. The usual dark colours
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, so I've been thinking about Max's cardboard fix by Kenneth Sampson @ 08/18/14 01:35 AM

Hello, i am new to this forum; i am greatly enjoying reading these articles, i have learned so much. I saved an old spinet from the garbage a while back, it had been left in someone's shed for (i don't know how long) the strings were heavil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BBC RADIO 4 EXTRA - "PIANO LESSON" by bluebilly @ 08/18/14 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: BamburgI asked because I couldn't find the links originally, but after some searching it turns out it is the same series. As you said, the first 2 episodes are no longer available. I've searched too, but can't find anything po
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Kawai K-500 by Gatsbee13 @ 08/18/14 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Left-CAGreat piano It will last forever enjoy it Also - make sure you take advantage of Kawai's K series rebate program this month! Oh yes.. To OP, if your in canada or US, hopefully you did (if you bought it in august tha
Jump to new posts Re: Who else is going to UWO for piano technology this year? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/18/14 01:29 AM

Hi, Please read my private message to you. You should see a flashing flag beside the "My Stuff" menu item at the top of the page.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Kawai K-500 by Gatsbee13 @ 08/18/14 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: smrkdown[quote=Gatsbee13] I also have "Easy Classics to Moderns" by Denes Agay which I hope to get into as soon as I resume lessons after some "me time" with piano music and playing. Yes yes.. I have tha
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prokofiev Sonata No 7 by MALDI_ToF @ 08/18/14 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: careyBRAVO !!!!! That sums up my thoughts quite well. Not that familiar with the piece so I can't offer much but my congratulations.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Kawai K-500 by Left-CA @ 08/18/14 01:08 AM

Great piano It will last forever enjoy it Also - make sure you take advantage of Kawai's K series rebate program this month!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Kawai K-500 by smrkdown @ 08/18/14 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Gatsbee13Congratulations. I recently got to play the k-xxx series pianos all the way up to the new k-800.. very refined uprights.. is that the Schirmer's First Lessons in Bach Book I? i used that book as a beginner (and still
Jump to new posts Re: CLP Syringe with long needle by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/18/14 12:55 AM

Addendum. In fact, I'm sure I don't understand the post, or you mine. If I had a piano with every center pin sluggish, I would be very surprised if the oil would work on all the pins. In my opinion, that would be a recipe for disaster. And unless t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: USD20000 for a grand piano. What are my choices? by Retsacnal @ 08/18/14 12:45 AM

I posted essentially this same question about a year ago and got some good feedback: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2134138 There's some good advice above, especially "ignore the brand." At the same time, if you're set
KlaverZD, as I mentioned in your previous CN34/HP-504 thread, it's important to visit a piano store and play-test the models you are considering in person. The CN34/HP-504 are both great instruments, and the CA65/HP-506 are even better - it really c
Page 69 of 105 < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 104 105 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (ajames, 36251, accordeur, aesop, 35 invisible), 1435 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75901 Members
42 Forums
156861 Topics
2304855 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Masterclass etiquette doubt
by Francisco Scalco
12 minutes 14 seconds ago
Using the drum tracks on KAWAI MP6 piano
by Dr Jazz
Today at 08:39 AM
4K piano purchase question
by ConstantlyConfused
Today at 08:17 AM
Do you use a method series to teach jazz? What series?
by Maechre
Today at 07:39 AM
Tuning my piano with an app
by johan d
Today at 03:14 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission