Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts First recordings - Some music for Easter by wolferblade @ 04/20/14 01:01 AM

Hi all, I've been lurking here a little while, looking at digital piano forums but never signed up. So now I have. I thought I'd record some songs to celebrate Easter. These are my first piano recordings, which seem to have come out pretty well. htt
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by pv88 @ 04/20/14 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonRoland Jay, Kawai James, and Casio Mike are more than willing to help. And, when (and, who) might we get as a spokesperson for Yamaha?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by Almaviva @ 04/20/14 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: cromaxOriginally Posted By: Minnesota MartyCromax, The big problem is that most of us have no idea of what brands are available in Portugal. Dont mind that! I'm going to Spain soon with my family and I bet that there are mor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by joonsang @ 04/20/14 12:41 AM

Try out Le Petit Negre by Debussy, short, fun, interesting piece (: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEM0t3vlGjQ http://www.allpianoscores.com/free_scores.php?id=348
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adjustable duplex scale?? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/20/14 12:31 AM

There is a thread in the Piano Technician Forum about my "Fully Tempered Duplex Scale" that might interest you. You can also Google the term and find the US patent application to read if you are curious.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by Polyphonist @ 04/20/14 12:28 AM

Also, I can help you build a foundation, if you want.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by TwoSnowflakes @ 04/20/14 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistCounterpoint in Composition, by Salzer and Schachter, is an excellent book. It begins by teaching species counterpoint, and then applies the concepts to actual works. Nice, thanks. I found an old handout on the su
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New 52" upright with 10K budget? by Orz @ 04/20/14 12:18 AM

U3!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/20/14 12:17 AM

Haha I hear you about the concrete and if what you said was in earnest then I'd like to retract the sarcasm that my previous post contained
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning stability problems... by Minnesota Marty @ 04/20/14 12:12 AM

Grotriman - Saran wrap might melt! Here is a place where I found great prices on the web. http://www.howardpianoindustries.com/brands/Dampp-Chaser.html The big thing to remember is to use distilled water and the D-C treatment liquid.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by phacke @ 04/20/14 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: CalvinBAh, thank you for the information accordeur. Phacke! Oh, and thank you for kind words and being thoughtful enough to take the time to respond in my generation's vernacular Um, actually, those are terms I used when I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by Polyphonist @ 04/20/14 12:04 AM

Counterpoint in Composition, by Salzer and Schachter, is an excellent book. It begins by teaching species counterpoint, and then applies the concepts to actual works.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Recorded a song on my workstation tonight by Arizona Sage @ 04/20/14 12:04 AM

Went full geek mode tonight and started sound designing on my Korg Kronos. This is the result. A short 3:30. Thanks for listening. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12762134
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by TwoSnowflakes @ 04/20/14 12:01 AM

Hit me with some resources. I'm happy to dig in. I'll have the room to add Bach in June, and I'm happy to hit the ground running from a structural standpoint when that happens.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/20/14 12:00 AM

MM I actually did, and no doubt you will try catch me on its the self-promotion clause. I would like to point out that this thread was intended to address the misinformation about WNG's parts and to answer key questions about them. If self-promotion
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Improving upright repetition by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/19/14 11:59 PM

Pinkfloydhomer, You have not told us what kind of upright it is and what condition it is in. Makes being at all accurate in responding to your inquiry impossible. Some uprights have a very disadvantageous center of gravity in the hammer/butt assembl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by Polyphonist @ 04/19/14 11:59 PM

That knowledge is crucial to playing Bach, and the more complex the piece is, the more of that knowledge you should have. So I suggest that if you plan to work on Bach, you should begin building it as soon as possible.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I Too Old? by Sand Tiger @ 04/19/14 11:57 PM

Welcome to the forum. To answer the question, no you are not too old. Will it be easy, no it will not be easy. However, there are very few professions that I would rate as easy to get into these days. If you don't have much money, there are some fre
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by CalvinB @ 04/19/14 11:57 PM

Ah, thank you for the information accordeur. Phacke! Why would you do that? You've gone and ruined the fun--how will Minnesota ever learn anything if you do all the work for him? Oh, and thank you for kind words and being thoughtful enough to take
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by TwoSnowflakes @ 04/19/14 11:57 PM

Not at the piano, no. By the time I was in college and wanted to know more in general about things like this, I had long since quit piano. So, I have a birds' eye perspective from a couple of college level electives in music history and theory, b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning stability problems... by Grotriman @ 04/19/14 11:54 PM

Ha! Whole room humidifier? Try whole city humidifier. I am no longer in charge of when the window is opened or closed. Alas I and my piano are victims of the changes in the weather. No climate control here. Probably more regular attention to pad cha
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Upright - Please help identify by awyaks @ 04/19/14 11:53 PM

Thanks guys. No markings on the back, except for the serial number stamped at the top, treble side. I also removed the felt under the lid that was glued to the top of the plate, pinblock & frame, but found no markings there. (I was going to rep
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Chopinís Ballade 1 by Bigvalbio @ 04/19/14 11:52 PM

I've been doing the same thing re: heart beat on main theme. Just got to keep them to a weak pulse! Spent 3hrs this morning on the coda. It's no walk in the park!! But now have M238 to finish all done and committed to memory. M208 to 235 is going
Jump to new posts Re: Del Fandrich All day at LightHammer Piano, Seattle by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/19/14 11:50 PM

Well the great event is over. Nearly 40 technicians attended. Del showed his new measuring system for determining the non-linear elasticity of hammers. Very clever and I think will be very useful to anyone who wants to attain greater consistency in p
Jump to new posts How to tune a piano..... by Grandpianoman @ 04/19/14 11:46 PM

What luck, and what a treasure trove of valuable info in this vid....should be of great help to everyone....enjoy...I know I did. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZIwxrY3Ss
Page 69 of 129 < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 128 129 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (A Guy, ABC Vermonter, accordeur, Alux, AmateurBob, 39 invisible), 1543 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74307 Members
42 Forums
153690 Topics
2252929 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
HELP! Is this strain because of my technique?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 11:26 PM
Is it my technique that's causing this?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 10:49 PM
Best brand of upright piano 48" or larger?
by WG40
04/23/14 10:22 PM
Kawai MP11 vs. Kawai VPC-1 Action / Key Length
by jp2011
04/23/14 10:00 PM
Canadian pricing for Kawai MP11?
by GWILLY
04/23/14 09:52 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission