Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (accordeur, ADWyatt, anotherscott, 35 invisible), 1378 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts RPT's in Bay Area? by Anne Francis @ 07/29/15 10:32 AM

Hi folks, I apologize for my absence. Looking for an RPT in the San Francisco area for a client who is moving there from Toronto with her family. She's a music teacher and performer and will be upgrading her Yamaha G2 (which she's not taking with her
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
On my list that I didn't catch here yet: Eagles - Hotel California Billy Joel - Miami 2017 Billy Joel - Downeaster Elexa Edwin McCain - Could Not Ask For More Le Roux - New Orleans Ladies Dobi Grey - Drift Away Carpenters - Close to You Bob Seeger -
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Other Ways To Get Acoustic Sounds? by Jeff Clef @ 07/29/15 10:28 AM

Celesta
Adult Beginners Forum
Happy Birthday, CasinItaly! I hope you and Mr. CasinItaly have a fun festive day planned. Many happy returns! Enjoy your day, and know that we all appreciate all that you do for the forum!
Jump to new posts Re: Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass! by Chris Storch @ 07/29/15 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTLet me know what you think. I think you should use recordings of single strings to build your audio demonstrations of pedagogical topics in piano technology.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ 07/29/15 10:15 AM

Happy birthday CasinItaly! I'm sure it is a festive week for you, heat or no heat.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by timmyab @ 07/29/15 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By Rickster Kind of like chewing gum, rubbing your stomach and patting the top of your head all at the same time; or is it patting your stomach and rubbing the top of your head? Ha ha. When people ask me what's the difficulty of p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/29/15 09:58 AM

I think I figured it out. I was looking to post an ad in the categories, but I can post one on the side or after to first post without having to choose a category. Seems simple. I don't know why I didn't see it before. That's for suggesting it.
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by RonTuner @ 07/29/15 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTIMHO ETD's don't tune poorly scaled pianos well. Maybe the RPT test should be done on a spinet. A master and apprentice can get similar results when dealing with quality materials, tools, and situations, but t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/29/15 09:51 AM

I've tried that before. It was a dead end. If you can help, I would appreciate it. His system is automated for tuners and movers, but not for schools. BTW, I really do need the data for my research. I can put the pages on a separate non-commercial s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you help me? by Rickster @ 07/29/15 09:48 AM

Hi Mark, I'm sure Frank Baxter would be glad to sell you an ad here on PW to promote your website/business. Fact is, there are a lot of piano owners here on PW, and it would be great advertising for you. Best regards, Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
I am progressing along with my pieces, but I have been a bit down of late because it seems that what I see the most is regression, not progress. My scales and arpeggios have been getting sloppier, and last week my teacher had me go back to a controll
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/29/15 09:47 AM

It might be wise to take the time to find an independent technician to asses the piano for you. This way when the dealer tech comes you can better describe the symptoms of what is bothering you. Don't use piano tech talk to define what the problem is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by pianoloverus @ 07/29/15 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By S. PhillipsI would not jump to the conclusion that these problems are serious. I would allow the dealer tech to correct these issues first. What you describe could be a very minor issue. Recently rebuilt pianos can go out of r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by Rickster @ 07/29/15 09:41 AM

To me, this is one of the hardest things to learn about playing a piano. At times, the hands have to work independently, yet in synchronization with each other. As M3G said, it takes practice and overcoming the awkwardness of it. Kind of like chewi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Can you help me? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/29/15 09:39 AM

I am a piano technician who is doing research to try and develop better ways of tuning a piano. I have a couple of surveys and tests on my website and need to gather data on what people hear. You do not need to be a tuner or even a musician. Here a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Left/Right hand independence by mom3gram @ 07/29/15 09:35 AM

After being stuck on this one for a while, I learned it by separating each beat into either LH, RH, or BOTH. It was a little bit awkward, but it worked. Don't know if this answers your question though.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Somewhat OT: The happy birthday song copyright case by fizikisto @ 07/29/15 09:30 AM

Very interesting! https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201507...ic-domain.shtml
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/29/15 09:30 AM

I hear you, but the jury is still out on whether "writing" with an ETD gives a better novel. I had a long talk with a representative from CyberTuner who was bashing TuneLab saying their machine was superior to all the others. After I drill
Jump to new posts Re: Objective Bisecting Beat Speed Window Temperament Sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/29/15 09:16 AM

Just goes to show that a bird in the hand is worth two birds of a feather.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Left/Right hand independence by lionus @ 07/29/15 09:16 AM

hi guys i have a question im on a waltz called Blow the man down on the Alfreds book: im noticing much more LH and RH independence is demanded in this song. As im learning this, i feel as if im forcing my LH and RH to learn this song together, as
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by Steve Cohen @ 07/29/15 09:14 AM

Sally's advice is spot on. However, did you buy from a dealer? What was done in the "reconditioning" (a sometimes 'dangerous' word)? Who did the reconditioning?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By outo Why does it have to be one way or the other? I don’t really understand the need for such a dichotomy... Yes, the music is in the score, but at the same it's behind, beside and above it... Music comes from what the composer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by S. Phillips @ 07/29/15 08:52 AM

I would not jump to the conclusion that these problems are serious. I would allow the dealer tech to correct these issues first. What you describe could be a very minor issue. Recently rebuilt pianos can go out of regulation quite quickly especial
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 vs acoustic piano by Bogs @ 07/29/15 08:51 AM

I have a Kawai CA65 and an old Gaveau acoustic upright piano. The acoustic was from the entry level segment of the Gaveau line, so nothing fancy like the Yamaha U line, not to mention more than 100 years old (purchase price $400). I enjoy the acou
Page 69 of 92 < 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 91 92 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Place de la Musique/The Sanfilippo Collection !
by Piano World
08/03/15 12:30 PM
Choosing goals
by PianoStudent88
08/03/15 12:14 PM
Baldwin BP1?
by upbeat
08/03/15 10:13 AM
major & minor blues scale
by seniormoment
08/03/15 09:45 AM
Visited Yamaha Ginza Store
by BrianDX
08/03/15 07:50 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,242 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,958 Topics
2,432,527 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission