Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on Baby Grand Piano : KAWAI GE 1 vs KAWAI GM-10K by terminaldegree @ 10/19/14 01:17 PM

I agree with wimpiano on both counts - post this in the correct section for more answers. You are looking at used, entry-level, very small grand pianos. Speaking as a teacher, I would not perceive of much of a benefit in the actions of these over a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by Arghhh @ 10/19/14 01:16 PM

Agree with learning more rep. It's on my list to buy the standard Schirmer Aria books. I've learned many of those arias on the wolf trap lists, but many of those I learned a couple years ago. If I were to read one of those again now, the first/sec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amsterdam; play me....grand piano by Johan B @ 10/19/14 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: noelpianoHaha, inspiring stuff. Would be great to have the skills to just sit down and play in public like that. Yes, Noel.....I only can play from sheetmusic ......so I can only sit down and play from my iPad...... I like it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amsterdam; play me....grand piano by Peter071 @ 10/19/14 01:04 PM

I was in the station in Amsterdam yesterday, the piano was still there. A professional pianist was playing. As I understand it will be there a long time.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
OK, how do I go from your Face Book home page to the pictures. I did it once, but don't know how I did it, and can't now.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: ClsscLib Are there good ABRSM theory materials that can guide a self-learner on these topics from first principles? I'm afraid I'm well behind the times on these - I learnt all that many decades ago, and I'm sure there are man
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can Classical Study and "Chord Playing" Co-exist? by Brian Lucas @ 10/19/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisThough I believe that it's better to learn from first principles about the basics of harmony first. I think this is a very important point. If you're learning theory just to learn theory, I don't think there's much bene
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Op. 25 No. 1 by YoungNoir @ 10/19/14 12:59 PM

Thanks for the replies guys To Bennevis: yeah I'm gonna stick with 1-2-3-4, I did ALOT of slow practice m. 5-9 yesterday and today I've seen improvement and generally more comfort with the figurations. To Beet: you're absolutely right, I am / was r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rare 1875 Steinway concert grand by BDB @ 10/19/14 12:58 PM

Pianos like these are like the classic car that you find in a barn. You spend a fortune restoring them, and then they still do not work as well as a new car, or piano. If you want one to compare with a new piano, there is never a guarantee that they
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by jinorden @ 10/19/14 12:57 PM

No problem! Keep working! If I think paul something has chicken brains it's okay? I mean what's chicken what's cheese? Just food. You should erase his posts when he insults others, should you not?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Please show me how to play this song!! by Nahum @ 10/19/14 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: MrSnrub What software did you use?? I use two softwares : my dear old Sibelius 4 and my good old ears ( without forgetting the experience ).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can Classical Study and "Chord Playing" Co-exist? by Brian Lucas @ 10/19/14 12:57 PM

They absolutely can co-exist. I've played in pit orchestras and often the keyboard part will switch from a specific, traditional notation part to a section with chord changes. I do think you're using a different part of your brain, because I often fe
Adult Beginners Forum
You know, I hear the "it makes for a mechanical performance" about metronomes all the time. I don't find it true. There's a Scottish country dance album by - I forget who, Jimmy Schandler maybe? - a well-known Scottish country dance band c
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by casinitaly @ 10/19/14 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: WithindaleOriginally Posted By: casinitalyOlek and Paul --- stop with the personal insults! They do not help the discussion in any way. Spoilsport! Yup, that's me. All part of the job. ....and I'm serious about it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs. Taylor London - purchase advice needed by terminaldegree @ 10/19/14 12:50 PM

I agree with both posts above. If the Yamaha owner won't budge on the price, demand that the piano be tuned prior to sale so you can properly evaluate the tone of it. Because, you can't evaluate the tone of a piano that was delivered new and never
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by jotur @ 10/19/14 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JimFIt was great to read your updated entries today, Sam. After 10 days I'd begun worrying you had a problem of some kind....other than the ones you face every day. Hoping your foot feels better soon. Jim +1 I was beginnin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The CE220 is kind of a strange bird with a curious mix of features. It's only sold in N. America. I see somebody mentioned the AZ Piano guy already, but for those who haven't run across him before, here's a link to his review, which has a lot of info
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is This Appropriate Way To Memorize Pitches? by Brian Lucas @ 10/19/14 12:42 PM

It's definitely an interesting approach. Are you good at relative pitch? If so, you only really need to know one of those notes. Personally I don't like learning notes or intervals attached to a song because it implies tonality. If you wanted to deve
Adult Beginners Forum
Bennevis, I agree with you about the desirability of learning from first principles; that's one reason I'm chary of these chord-based wonder methods. My teacher is not teaching me any theory. We just go from piece to piece. Sometimes she'll mentio
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: Chrisl Amazing you all seem to think that's something's wrong with the population who don't enjoy classical music. There is. People who don't enjoy classical mu
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you know the name of this book? by Nahum @ 10/19/14 12:32 PM

I wonder what in Cuba is still used Russian textbooks that were there in the 60s. In my childhood I learned from textbook of Mutli, but I do not remember the verbal text. Into English old textbooks usually are not translated.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by Mark_C @ 10/19/14 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: SiFiMight I ask politely which other contestants' entries/performances you consider to be better than mine? If you could provide just a couple of examples, that would probably be enough to establish some of your quality benchma
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by David Farley @ 10/19/14 12:32 PM

I have a CP4, and while there are some things about the settings that make perfect sense, between this one and the Yamaha I had before, it seems like everything has to do with spinning the little wheel. There is some kind of quick setting for perform
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by jinorden @ 10/19/14 12:27 PM

text removed.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by David Farley @ 10/19/14 12:23 PM

You might want to also post this question on the organs forum: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/7/1/Organs_-_Electronic_(B3_etc.),.html
Page 69 of 103 < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 102 103 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is A443 banned definitively?
by Olek
10/24/14 04:01 AM
Ritmuller Grand Pianos - Help!
by Mike RSA
10/24/14 03:56 AM
J.D.Grandt Bass Strings Opinions Please
by chernobieff
10/23/14 11:48 PM
Which Electronic Sounds & Feels Most Like Real?
by MinstrelandMuse
10/23/14 11:47 PM
fun music theory
by David Farley
10/23/14 07:56 PM
Who's Online
70 registered (beet31425, bjorn of brekkukot, Beemer, AZNpiano, 15 invisible), 1096 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76633 Members
42 Forums
158462 Topics
2327021 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission