Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
157 registered (Alexander Borro, Alan Tripp, AllanH, akin, Albunea, 41 invisible), 1591 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Alternative Viewpoint on Inharmonicity by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/22/15 10:56 AM

Thanks Dave! The only suggestion I have is changing the word use. "Bend" should be "flex". Bends are permanent deformation. Hammer strikes on piano wire rarely permanently deform the wire. Interesting implications regarding gener
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is my Roland RD-800 faulty? by bennevis @ 04/22/15 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By bennevisDid Roland stop having dampers on the strings from C5 onwards? Have a look inside . BTW, I'm only half-joking. In an acoustic piano, there are no dampers on the upper strings, and they vibrate in sympathy with othe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning piano - where to start??? by JenK @ 04/22/15 10:50 AM

Thank you for all the tips. It seems they answers are almost equally divided between exercises vs. no exercises. Bottom line, just start somewhere. I believe the exercises will help warm up my fingers, while training my brain to read music again.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with a Piano for My Daughter by adamp88 @ 04/22/15 10:49 AM

Congratulations! RX-2s are fine pianos - and quite a step up from a U1!
Jump to new posts Re: Please help - new Steinway B by adamp88 @ 04/22/15 10:45 AM

Who determined that only cosmetic repairs were needed? Did you have the piano evaluated by a technician prior to purchase? Chances are there were more than just cosmetic repairs needed. Nothing major, probably, but as Ed Foote noted above, string l
Pianist Corner
For anyone in Paris this weekend here are details of a piano recital by Jennifer Lee. It will be on Friday 24th April 2015, 7pm. Jennifer Lee will perform at the Conservatoire de musique, théâtre et danse, Château de Saint-Ouen, 12 rue Albert-
Jump to new posts Re: replacing missing keys by David Boyce @ 04/22/15 10:41 AM

Yes.
Jump to new posts Re: Please help - new Steinway B by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/22/15 10:38 AM

Chasingrainbows, Thank you for responding. I get the sense you don't fully comprehend the importance of finding a tech who can tone regulate really well. You seem to always come back with questions about the piano before you have addressed the questi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by scorpio @ 04/22/15 10:38 AM

Here's someone that has beautiful original work. To me, he is young and fresh. I learned about him in a tweet from David Nevue. Anyways, I've been listening to his piano music while at work. Just wanted to share, Zachary Bruno.
Piano Forum
There's always these in a pinch. I actually bought a pair and use on occasion. My hammers have become awfully hard and I can't afford to replace them yet. Inexpensive, definitely not as good as musicians' earphones. [img:left]http://cdn1.bigcomm
Jump to new posts Re: Please help - new Steinway B by chasingrainbows @ 04/22/15 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By Ed FooteGreetings, We can't know, but hey, guesses don't cost anything here. I suspect that the string leveling is poor, and when the slightest change of soundboard due to weather occurs, the unisons spread out. When tuned cl
Jump to new posts Re: Please help - new Steinway B by chasingrainbows @ 04/22/15 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTChasingrainbows, What is the longest term that you have employed the same technician for in your life? I an asking because I get the feeling you have yet to find a technician who can satisfy you. Ed, I haven't
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brilliant but Stubborn by John v.d.Brook @ 04/22/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By Angela62213How can I get her to see that if she just slows down much the difficulty will be eliminated and she will be able to progress easily? That's the 64 million dollar question of the ages. If you can find an answer, copy
Jump to new posts Re: keeping Steinway rails shiny by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 04/22/15 10:27 AM

After cleaning and polishing the brass surface spray a clear coat of acrylic lacquer on it. That will seal the surface and slow down the rate of formation of tarnish. For the last two decades Steinway NY has been coating the action frames with plate
Jump to new posts Re: replacing missing keys by ando @ 04/22/15 10:27 AM

The original poster seems to have lost interest in her thread.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brilliant but Stubborn by Saranoya @ 04/22/15 10:25 AM

If you will forgive me for butting in (because while I may be a teacher, I don't teach piano, and I only deal with kids as young as this one on Sundays during cub scout meetings), I have a suggestion that may or may not prove useful to you. Give he
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano to learn by Charles Cohen @ 04/22/15 10:18 AM

I own a Casio PX-350. The PX-350 / PX-150 / PX-160 would be fine for any beginning piano student. They are "slab pianos" (portable), rather than "console pianos" (with full cabinet). You might find a used, or "new old-stoc
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Jeff Clef @ 04/22/15 10:14 AM

You are, I suspect, setting us up for a name for your band which includes the word "Flying..."
Jump to new posts keeping Steinway rails shiny by jinorden @ 04/22/15 10:11 AM

Hello, anybody willing to share? I cleaned and polished them but they get darker and duller after a while. Should I paint with some bronze powder stuff and then lacquer, or just lacquer? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ 04/22/15 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeGood luck to you! Try not to get overly excited until you actually play the thing - sellers have a tendency to over-promise about what they have, since they have a vested financial interest... Thanks for your good
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by scorpio @ 04/22/15 10:02 AM

13. Cornelius Gurlitt : Little Waltz from Little Flowers (Op. 205, No. 10) ( https://youtu.be/_gWm1Sk3fGw )
Jump to new posts Re: replacing missing keys by David Boyce @ 04/22/15 09:50 AM

That's interesting, musicbased - thank you for that information. There are few restoration workshops left now in the UK. I guess they will be importaing keysets and key frames from China or Indonesia? I doubt if they'd be set up to make them from
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by look_alive @ 04/22/15 09:43 AM

Thanks, Jessiebear! That's what you get when you buy the wrong color paint and start mixing your own colors. We taped off the wall and just went for it! We love it, but it probably not for everybody! ;-)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Lecture-Recital by Jan van Wijk @ 04/22/15 09:43 AM

Hello there! I'm new to these forums; my name is Jan van Wijk, and I'm a Dutch pianist, currently living in Germany. I live in Berlin, and work mostly as a teacher and song accompanist. A few months ago I discovered that I very much enjoy giving le
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Brilliant but Stubborn by Angela62213 @ 04/22/15 09:38 AM

Hey there everyone! I have a child who is an absolute natural at playing the piano. I have had her for 6 months (she was a transfer) and before that she had only taken for 2-3 months with her previous teacher. At this point she is finished with the
Page 69 of 98 < 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 97 98 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Difference between Kawai ATX-f and Yamaha Transacoustic
by OdinThePianoGod
Today at 09:13 AM
Rehanging hammers
by rysowers
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Yamaha CP4 Best Buy!!!
by tnsettlemo
Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Grand Piano House name change
by newgeneration
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Exercises for syncopation
by DeadPoets
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,059 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,574 Topics
2,400,227 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission