Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Noisy keys on a 2 years old Casio PX-135 by EnGee @ 07/27/14 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: rpw I wouldn't. If you do decide to open it, be ready to invest several hours of your time in it. It's quite time and energy consuming process. Yes you are right. I won't bother with it. Shame on you Casio! For saving few do
and of course I will give also the ring modulator a try...
Thanks a lot for all the replies so far. I did not try with an amp simulator so far and I think this might be the right direction. Hope I can get closer tonight :-) Thomas
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by beeboss @ 07/27/14 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: beebossIt can and easily. A big grand piano in a small room can produce 100 db and recommended level for hearing protection is about 85 dbs. Unless you spend hours a day at ff or have some other
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: LadyOriginally Posted By: supersport Yes for an RV it would be hard to have even a 5 foot grand along for the ride! Maybe you can find room for a digital to tuck into a closet at that time. Actually, that is my hope. :} Or
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by CyberGene @ 07/27/14 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: toddyThe HP series is aimed squarely at the classical music player - demos tend to be of Mozart or Chopin, typically. The HPi series by Roland may have been the first to seriously address incorporating the new technology into mu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by Markarian @ 07/27/14 03:17 AM

Okay, so new piano arrives in the morning. I just checked the forecast and it's going to be uncharacteristically hot here in Seattle, though my home is always a bit dry for some reason. I have a room humidifier I can use and we are planning to be run
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by bgiles @ 07/27/14 03:09 AM

You won't get a more sturdy music stand arrangement than this, and it's adjustable in height and tilt. It doesn't matter what stage piano you use, as the arms are attached to the keyboard stand. And because the ledge of the desk is always perpendic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ 07/27/14 03:08 AM

After I played half of the Schubert piece in our studio class, my teacher said "good, off to a good start". I was happy because she does not give praise easily. I still have lots more to go for this piece which I'm going to play in my fir
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by wouter79 @ 07/27/14 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: gsmonksIf I'm angry, it's because generations of young musicians since ca 1963 don't know anything about the underlying mechanics of music and aren't actively involved in tinkering with it By 'tinkering' you mean improvising? I
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier with Desk by bgiles @ 07/27/14 03:02 AM

Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier with Desk
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier by bgiles @ 07/27/14 03:01 AM

Bespeco BP 100T 2nd Tier
Jump to new posts Re: Which Would you Choose? by pwl @ 07/27/14 02:49 AM

Having no personal experience with the StagePas systems, but based on numerous reports on this forum from folks whose opinion/experience I respect, I'm confident the StagePas 400i would do a nice job. I'm also going to add a positive word for the Al
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Robert ScottOriginally Posted By: Chris LeslieI stand corrected. When I listen though headphones I hear beats with the sine wave examples. Interesting though is that 440/663 beats at 6bps and not 3bps. It makes perfect sense.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by MALDI_ToF @ 07/27/14 02:43 AM

Naturally, that wonderfully irrational key of e is the key that best describes me!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ? by TwoSnowflakes @ 07/27/14 02:40 AM

I am most certainly beyond where I was when I quit 25 years ago, and while I am still dogged by general issues, including lack of confidence, inability to let things just...go, I'm pleased with the progress. I 100% agree with the suggestion to get a
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by pwl @ 07/27/14 02:40 AM

I didn't realize the RD-800 didn't have a rest (or provision for attaching one). I owned a Kawai MP8000 with no rest and no provision for one - and vowed never again! Too inconvenient.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ 07/27/14 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Sand Tiger Even though you have fewer months in, you are on the piano immersion program of intensive training (level 4/5/6 after 15 months!), and I am doing an hour a day with half spent composing (level 1+ after 2+ years). As s
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by dire tonic @ 07/27/14 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: bnolsenMassive preload? I guess I'm spoiled in that my work machines have 128GB each on them and that ram only cost 1200usd a year ago. Just to be clear, the smaller the preload the better. Good fast drives (with SSDs, screami
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by gsmonks @ 07/27/14 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: TararexOriginally Posted By: gsmonksOriginally Posted By: TararexI agree with that last sentence. Which perfectly illustrates my point. I feel you have something to say. And that it may be of interest or importance. But
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Common pitfalls during learning stages? by TwoSnowflakes @ 07/27/14 02:18 AM

I find that when the errors start to creep in, it's because my tempo has started to creep up without me really being aware of it. I always get to this point and I used to think I had this kind of weird horrible degradation of skills, kind of like
Jump to new posts Re: Mac mini for software pianos? by Mta88 @ 07/27/14 02:13 AM

I'll probably take your advice and go with the mac. Just to try it out.. These days though i'm having alot of fun with chrome OS.. You basically have Chrome OS within Windows 8 now.. All you gotta do is launch chrome browser in "windows 8 mo
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by plumpfingers @ 07/27/14 01:58 AM

I bought an RD-800 a couple months ago and my only disappointment with it is the lack of a music stand. I would've been willing to pay $100 or a bit more for that option. I may be in a minority, but you wanted feedback from those who own them, so t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: chambermusic, partners... by BruceD @ 07/27/14 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: laguna_gregOh, and I don't loan scores to anyone any more, not even my own students. Why not? Simply collect a deposit from them, approximately equal to what you would have to pay to get a new c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by BDB @ 07/27/14 01:55 AM

All of them will play softer than that.
Page 69 of 115 < 1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 114 115 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
140 registered (accordeur, Abby Pianoman, AndresD, Alexander Borro, 42 invisible), 1854 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75596 Members
42 Forums
156306 Topics
2295593 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Temperament and Western Music Common Intervals
by prout
07/31/14 12:44 PM
P80 for 150
by LarryShone
07/31/14 11:26 AM
Happy Birthday torquenale !!!!
by CarlosCC
07/31/14 08:26 AM
compositional methods
by Michael Sayers
07/31/14 08:03 AM
Happy Birthday earlofmar !!!!
by CarlosCC
07/31/14 04:49 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission