Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
158 registered (821, agraffe, accordeur, ajeales, 8ude, ajames, 35 invisible), 1500 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
...nope, still nothing.
Originally Posted By joflahOk, how about now? Hold on, let me check...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by TonyB @ 02/04/16 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonHi Tony, Fingering has been my Achilles Heel, but my current teacher has impressed upon me that good fingering is not just about the style of music but the actual score... and what might be comfortable may not be right b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by TonyB @ 02/04/16 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungI'm self-taught. It can be done, the most important thing is to avoid hurting yourself. The biggest danger is a thing called "finger independence" -- if done wrong, you can be trying to do things that the te
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Norbert @ 02/04/16 07:16 PM

Quote:I love the light colored Bubinga (sp?) veneer wood on the prop, inner rim and lid. The music desk scroll work is also gorgeous. It's actually Finnish Karelian wood with Bubinga also available. Stunning pianos - either way! Norbert
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by Kawai James @ 02/04/16 07:15 PM

Interesting reading, thank you for sharing your thoughts ando. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by WhoDwaldi @ 02/04/16 07:13 PM

When I was a youngster, I had a pair of black wing tip Stride Rite shoes with brown wooden heels and visible brown edges on the soles. Hideous. And interior veneers on ebony piano rims usually look like those shoes. But, this piano's design works be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin 7 Fter in Irvine, CA $5800 by neciebugs @ 02/04/16 07:12 PM

Wow guys! Sorry... I saw it on craigslist... I am not shopping for one as I just got my Baldwin L in November. If you read the OP, I said it could be a gem... can't totally tell by the pictures, but if it truly is in excellent shape, then the price m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hand Strength by JohnSprung @ 02/04/16 07:10 PM

I had one of those needle tests when I had my disc surgery. It's sort of the biological equivalent of ringing things out with an ohm meter.... It confirmed that the problem was exclusively the disintegrated C6-7 disc.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Goldberg variations - Glenn Gould's tempo by JohnSprung @ 02/04/16 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By beet31425I understand your love of Gould's playing. His was the only Bach I listened to for many years. His sense of rhythm, his intensity, his tempi... listening to him feels like being on some kind of wonderful drug. I must co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm not happy with my piano teacher... by marimorimo @ 02/04/16 07:04 PM

Thanks a lot for everyone's advice! I've decided to give her a few more weeks, and try not to compare her with my first teacher. In the meantime, I'm going to document "evidence" which I can use to convince the school to either refund or tr
Jump to new posts Re: Una Corda by Kawai James @ 02/04/16 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By loginhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfHK7_lSY-0 Live presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R49faHgWW9w Love the sound of Nils. check his albums someday. Wonderful, many thanks for posting these videos. James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by BillM @ 02/04/16 06:58 PM

Riddler - I defy anyone to keep still listening to you swing this one. Fine performance of a great tune.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano World @ 02/04/16 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By Piano Girl RMG I am learning the Downton Abbey theme for future wedding gigs. What fun, although the 2 against 3 rhythm figure is kicking my butt. That piece moves along at a good tempo, too. I may look like Mrs. Patmore before
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by BillM @ 02/04/16 06:52 PM

Sor - I'm not a big classical fan but enjoyed listening to your piece. You play with confidence!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by BillM @ 02/04/16 06:49 PM

Inlanding - very cool "ditties". You have created two completely different and very listenable moods. Nice!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by jotur @ 02/04/16 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By mom3gramI just completed the Faber Adult Piano Adventures Book 1. Yay!!! 13. Don't Cry For Me, Argentina - Faber Adult Book 1
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progress reports? by MaggieGirl @ 02/04/16 06:38 PM

We don't get one. I'm not sure I would do anything but look at it and toss it. There isn't a "grade" in music. How far she progresses is entirely up to her. She knows what it is like to get new music and what is is like to play the same
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai action question (history) by Kawai James @ 02/04/16 06:37 PM

Mental Nomad, As WarrenY correctly noted, the 'RM3 Grand' action used in the CA93/CA63 used a 2-sensor system. The 'RM3 Grand II' action used in the VPC1 and CA15/CA17 utilises a 3-sensor system. The 'Grand Feel' and 'Grand Feel II' actions are al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Goldberg variations - Glenn Gould's tempo by beet31425 @ 02/04/16 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By dolce sfogatothe famous aria/Sarabande or whatever, it wasn't even his own composition some dare say... No one creditable believes this. I spent a little time debunking it here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Pos
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progress reports? by AZNpiano @ 02/04/16 06:26 PM

I wouldn't do it. It's a waste of time, really. If the parents want an official report, they can sign their kids up for tests and competitions.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by JohnSprung @ 02/04/16 06:22 PM

I'm self-taught. It can be done, the most important thing is to avoid hurting yourself. The biggest danger is a thing called "finger independence" -- if done wrong, you can be trying to do things that the tendons for fingers 4 and 5 make
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks for the advices. The Scales Bootcamp is exactly what I was looking for. Just bought it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by dogperson @ 02/04/16 06:17 PM

Hi Tony, Fingering has been my Achilles Heel, but my current teacher has impressed upon me that good fingering is not just about the style of music but the actual score... and what might be comfortable may not be right based on what the music itself
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by Montuno @ 02/04/16 06:02 PM

Yes, I made a pretty decent recording of Scherzino, a tad slower than Rachel plays it! At higher speeds I find it hard to get it smooth and flow ing yet, so I will practice some more. But meanwhile I will also move on to the next piece.
Page 69 of 87 < 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 86 87 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas
by gooddog
02/10/16 09:49 AM
Kawai US7X or Yamaha U3A and anyway to clean Ivorite?
by Winkplay
02/10/16 08:53 AM
Avg velocity&sensor positioning vs impact[Kawai,Korg,Ya
maha]

by vince961
02/10/16 07:06 AM
At age 45, what are the limitations?
by sam abdel
02/10/16 04:52 AM
Hammer Discoloration in a 30 year old piano
by TwoThumbs
02/10/16 04:37 AM
Forum Stats
82,532 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,384 Topics
2,493,856 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission