Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (AndrewJCW, anotherscott, Andrei Kuznetsov, accordeur, Amosdoll, 35 invisible), 1356 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do people buy gutted pianos? by prenex @ 11/20/15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By BDBWhy would you have to heat the garage for a piano? Pianos do not care how warm it is. Oh wait! I get it now. That was a jab at people who live up North! Good one.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do people buy gutted pianos? by prenex @ 11/20/15 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By BDBWhy would you have to heat the garage for a piano? Pianos do not care how warm it is. But I do. Minnesota.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Paulei @ 11/20/15 05:01 PM

Hi to everybody here! Sorry for my bad English.... A question for those people which all ready own an hp 605: on technical specification it is supposed to have a total of 307 tones, on board, while looking on the owner manual (available on line at
Piano Forum
I like my Schimmel 208. It's in a loft which is open to the downstairs. Lid pretty much stays closed.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How to go about learning jazz piano? by Mark Polishook @ 11/20/15 04:59 PM

Eddie HIggins! One key to his style is to listen to the Ahmad Jamal Trio from the '50s and '60. And he had more than a little Oscar Peterson in his style. I used to have Eddie Higginss; Soulero on vinyl It's a great piano trio recording ... it captu
Piano Forum
Here is a quote from a dealer when I decided to change pianos: The link to that thread (otherwise irrelevant) is: Here "Hello David, [Edited to remove extraneous comments] Also, I think you identified a clear point in your efforts to voic
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ 11/20/15 04:53 PM

Thanks Torquenale! If possible, I will just try to get the hotel to "save" their tuning for the day of the party so as not to incur a cost - but we'll see. Thanks for the offer!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 Schimmel grands. 1 Living Room. Help me decide? by Michiyo-Fir @ 11/20/15 04:53 PM

I think the 208 would be a good choice. I prefer the larger close 7 foot pianos a good bit better than smaller 5 foot something pianos. The larger pianos just feel much better and generally more responsive. Plus the bass sounds much better. I d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by Andy Platt @ 11/20/15 04:51 PM

It's taken me a while to start listening but, wow, this is probably the best opening 10 of any recital. Fantastic stuff! 01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave The opening rolls and crashing chords hooked me from the first. Wonderful, and
Originally Posted By WarrenYBitnick: as far as key actions and sound samples, F130R/F140R are identical. Same for PX360/PX860. So, your info is directly applicable. Thanks again! Actually, PX360 and PX860 does not have the same keyboard. Not being a
Five velocity layers does not mean that you can only play at five different loudnesses. There are usually 127 different possible velocities, since that's the MIDI standard. Early digital pianos played back a single sample for each note, at a volume c
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha's NWX wood key under the surface. by Markarian @ 11/20/15 04:48 PM

James, are the sharps on the MP11 actually ebony? What wood are they made from?
Piano Forum
I went big with a Schimmel and regretted it. If you are concerned, ask to try in your home. Edit: Also, voicing my Schimmel down resulted in a very unsatisfying tone (and these weren't amateurs doing the voicing). This is NOT to disparage the brand,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need some rudiments to follow by Kodack @ 11/20/15 04:41 PM

I'm not sure how I'm doing it Richard but I can locate the keys across the octave ranges without much thought. I often play with my eyes closed and I think I'm subconsciously picking up little variations in the keys, and I find I need to be able to b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Size of Mini-Temperaments by Chris Leslie @ 11/20/15 04:35 PM

The principles behind the 8-note 5th sequence was to begin with a best guess M3rd and an immutable 5th. Then a up 4th down M3rd pattern until the 5th is reached. If the initial M3rd was wrong then the three 4ths and M3rds will not progress. Since the
Piano Forum
If you are playing mostly classical, I'd go for the best action and the best piano sound. My long obsolete Technics P-30 is very good in this department, but it has no added features. It does team up with a good synthesizer or computer based softwa
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: simple recording device? by MaggieGirl @ 11/20/15 04:14 PM

digital voice recorder, ipad/computer, tape recorder (thrift shops sometimes have them).
Jump to new posts Re: Update on ivory law for antique pianos? by gynnis @ 11/20/15 04:13 PM

For whatever reason the US-Canadian border is one of the most challenging. Try importing English china resident in Canada to the US, it's a real pain with customs duty to boot. Manufacturing samples are also a real problem. You have a stout heart
Piano Forum
Hi! So I've been playing piano since I was 8 (I'm now 18) and I need to get a keyboard (I've been playing on a Kawai acoustic all my life). I finally decided on the Privia PX-350, I can get it plus a stand, a bench, and headphones for 705 euros. Bu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice shopping for first piano please by gynnis @ 11/20/15 04:05 PM

You might also look for some of the other less common German made pianos. For whatever reason, Texas had a following in Chickering in the '20's. My 145 started life in Texas in 1927. There may be some interesting rebuilds around.
Jump to new posts Re: What is this? by BDB @ 11/20/15 04:04 PM

I suspect that there was something wrong with the manufacturing process for the pins, probably cleaning them before bluing them. If it is still under warranty, they should be replaced.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to motivate a child by MaggieGirl @ 11/20/15 04:03 PM

It is rare for a 13 year old to have a passion that is all encompassing. I think at 13 there is no way to "motivate a child to do what I want them to do" with long term results. The better question is "how do I have my child learn
Piano Forum
Your room is about the size of mine, and I still have half of it as a formal dining room. My B fits fine, even at an angle. Buy some bass traps and go to town.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice shopping for first piano please by tludwig @ 11/20/15 03:56 PM

I played a couple of other pianos this afternoon. I was impressed with the Hailun 178 I played, even though it was very noticeably out of tune. The action had a nice weight, but was very responsive. The sound seemed well balanced from top to bot
Piano Forum
The 208, if it fits well, can always be voiced down. If you are playing chamber music, you may want to soften the hammers anyway to give you a better pianissimo.
Page 69 of 93 < 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 92 93 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dmitry Paperno's thoughts on Mozart
by bennevis
11/25/15 07:12 PM
Rosen's "The Classical Style" -- audio for musical examples?
by BWV 846
11/25/15 07:00 PM
Any Black Friday/Holiday sales of virtual piano software?
by jocar37
11/25/15 04:40 PM
I made a decision today...
by neciebugs
11/25/15 04:30 PM
How to make advanced piano covers?
by Aly Baracat
11/25/15 04:12 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,556 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,551 Topics
2,469,608 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission