Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
99 registered (Amosdoll, AZ_Astro, APiano, anamnesis, Artmann-piano, 36251, 27 invisible), 1600 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Martha Argerich plays Liszt 1 at the BBC Proms! by pianoloverus @ 08/18/16 11:10 AM

I heard her play the Liszt at Carnegie Hall maybe 20 years ago. She also played a second concerto...can't remember which one. The audience goes crazy before and after her performance ...so much so that she looks slightly embarrassed. I also heard her
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai ES7 or Brand new ES100? by rohanj @ 08/18/16 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By EssBraceOriginally Posted By drewrstI had not yet discovered neither Piano World forums nor the reviews by Tim at AZP but eventually I found the latter's contribution to a review linked by a magazine. Be forewarned, you may get s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just wondering by Morodiene @ 08/18/16 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By MaryMMI am 65 years old and finally getting back to working on my piano playing--technique, interpretation, etc. I have a bad habit of starting to think in a negative way and the one issue which come up is that I am too old to do
Jump to new posts Re: Should I worry about the age of a digital piano? by Morodiene @ 08/18/16 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By PlectoI think I'm close to my decision then. I've found a couple of second hand PX-150 which I believe is the previous model? I'm hoping that there isn't that much of a difference in sound quality between the PX-150 and PX-160? A
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by CyberGene @ 08/18/16 10:56 AM

Grand action is better than an upright one, but then the silent upright is a real piano when you need it. And since we'd be probably talking about one of the most loved uprights such as Kawai K300, you can be sure it's a great real acoustic piano so
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by mbpress01 @ 08/18/16 10:56 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I am planning on testing out the N2 this weekend and will probably purchase at that time. The dealer said there is nothing on the horizon from Yamaha so the technology looks solid for the immediate future. Thx t
You mention having more sounds. I just want to dovetail on what MacMacMac has said. Generally, you stick with one or two sounds on a DP for piano. You find the one you like and use that. I've got 12 piano sounds on mine and I only use 1. And +1 regar
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai ES7 or Brand new ES100? by rohanj @ 08/18/16 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By Doug M. If the ES7 is anywhere near as good as the ES8, then there is no comparison: go with the ES7 me thinks. Also, I the ES7 action is better than the FP-30's, although I liked the PHAIV standard action for the price. You mu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianists with high seating positions by Groove On @ 08/18/16 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By RerunEnglishman James Godwin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ogGWGwORWg That height looks so uncomfortable. Perhaps it's the optics of the suit & video that makes it look so high.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Martha Argerich plays Liszt 1 at the BBC Proms! by Orange Soda King @ 08/18/16 10:48 AM

She still has it!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca97 or Casio gp500, pls help by Morodiene @ 08/18/16 10:42 AM

I haven't played the Casio, but I think you will really enjoy the feel of the CA97. Since you aren't able to try before you buy, get from a good local dealer and know your return policy in case whichever one you get you are not satisfied with.
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai ES7 or Brand new ES100? by Morodiene @ 08/18/16 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By drewrstMy apologies to Morodiene and respectful thank you pwl for pointing out my faux pas. LOL, not a problem.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Lakeviewsteve @ 08/18/16 10:25 AM

Sorry to hear you are moving away from the Bösendorfer. Best of luck. Steve Bösendorfer 170
Jump to new posts Re: New member..new question :) by Morodiene @ 08/18/16 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By Gillette Thank you for your answer, so you think that with separate audio interface I'd be good and just have to find some better 88 keys action midi-keyboard? Definitely. It is more equipment than you use now, but then you op
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bad purchasing experience with a dealer by Plowboy @ 08/18/16 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By Rickster Carry on y'all. Well, it's now revealed that Rickster is a fraud! A true southerner would know that, since there are several of us participating in this thread, the proper usage would be... "all y'all"!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by barbaram @ 08/18/16 10:10 AM

Another small selection of comments. I was intending to bounce around, but I started with "Nefeli" as it's one I've played myself, and then my attention was caught by the pieces around it so I didn't stray far 22. Greener/Jeff - Milonga de
One of the FP-30 updates added the functionality to keep the speakers on while you are plugged into the headphone outs. Here is the latest firmware update for the FP-30. https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/fp-30/updates_drivers/ You ca
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Joplin Recital! by PikaPianist @ 08/18/16 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonLet me give a special sound-out, though, to PikaPianist -- for me, that's just a clinic on how to present Rag Music replete with charm and wit. Thank you Tim. Glad you enjoyed it. It's my first time recording rag
On a slightly topic... I want to add a subwoofer to a FP-30 but the speakers turn off when you plug a cord into the headphone jack. I thought I saw post that Roland was updating the features so you could chose to hear the speakers with a plug in the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time playing a FAZIOLI F278! by Lakeviewsteve @ 08/18/16 09:34 AM

I used an excellent piano dealer in Germany (Piano Schmitz) who let me rent my brand new Bösendorfer for one year and applied the monthly rent toward it's purchase. The stipulation was I could return it at any time during the year and pick a differ
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Variations on a theme of Scriabin by Steve Chandler @ 08/18/16 09:29 AM

Really wonderful! My initial impression of the theme was frankly ho-hum, but the ride you take us on with it is fantastic. In retrospect the theme has strong structural elements, both harmonic and rhythmic, that you make excellent use of. This is a t
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by R_B @ 08/18/16 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By EssBracePianoTeq's sound is definitely improving. From some of the demos I've heard the new Model B is impressive. But it would be wrong to say it SOUNDS more real than most built-in sounds. It doesn't. It BEHAVES more like an ac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Major Blues Piano Lesson (YouTube) by Piano Tipping @ 08/18/16 09:15 AM

@newbert - Thanks for all the info on Pianoteq. I'm going to check it out. Originally Posted By keystringBack to the presentation on major blues scales. I just finished watching a presentation in the Coursera course I'm taking, where he presented t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianists with high seating positions by Lakeviewsteve @ 08/18/16 09:12 AM

My masterclass piano instructor in Vienna had a very different bench that adjusted very high and on an angle slanted toward the piano. It was interesting to use but I don't think I could ever get used to it. Steve Bösendorfer 170
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by slobajudge @ 08/18/16 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By YoheiOriginally Posted By MacMacMacWe're not all in agreement.Originally Posted By SHinPW... this is way beyond the best built-in sounds I've heard.Some of us (myself included) find Pianoteq quite unsettling and UN-realistic. Yes
Page 69 of 72 < 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 72 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is piano popular in Middle east?
by marmagedon
08/24/16 09:16 PM
Seeking piano teacher in Houston, Texas.
by Piano90X
08/24/16 08:26 PM
Does anyone have the Yamaha P-115 ? Please help me !
by Davidkian
08/24/16 06:31 PM
Single note repetition - technique
by modernpianoman
08/24/16 05:34 PM
Kawai K500 in black/nickel finish
by IrishRags
08/24/16 05:20 PM
Forum Stats
84,757 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,723 Topics
2,550,091 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission