Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
134 registered (36251, ajames, alerique, accordeur, akosnikowksi, 36 invisible), 1815 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Second opinion when buying used from a store by Arghhh @ 08/18/16 08:53 PM

Is it acceptable to bring in an independent tech to look over a used piano in a store? The techs that the stores use are obviously not the most unbiased, especially if the tech is also the owner. I feel kind of awkward doing this, and I'd assume som
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai ES7 or Brand new ES100? by Finfan @ 08/18/16 08:53 PM

I'm not very knowledgeable on either instrument but I do know that used electronics can be a real crap shoot. You do not know how hard it was used or if anything "unfortunate" has happened to it. Unless you can check on it's condition per
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Karl Watson @ 08/18/16 08:52 PM

Jason: In your last you stated that "I find the management and technical team to be very forthcoming, helpful and open to customer suggestions." Forgive me if I express shock and wonder at this development. One can only conclude that it
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX-660 question by AssembleThis @ 08/18/16 08:51 PM

Hi islander53! That's a good question and I haven't figured that one out myself as my unit always switches back to the startup voice of 001 Natural Grand!. The owners manual is at http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-i...660/?mode=model I've only
Piano Teachers Forum
I pay monthly with a check, but would be happy to pay for a longer interval at a time. $480/per month looks like a lot, and to my mind it IS a lot. What kind of students do you see for 90 minutes 2x/week?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Prokofiev Suggestion Diabolique by I like Piano @ 08/18/16 08:44 PM

Hey everyone! I just started Suggestion Diabolique by Sergei Prokofiev. In my version, there are no finger numbers in my book. Could you guys give me tips on the fingering.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bad purchasing experience with a dealer by Plowboy @ 08/18/16 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By Rickster Not sure I'm a southerner wannabe, Plowboy, but a seasoned speach professor told me once that my southern accent was not as "thick" as some she'd heard. So I may need to polish that southern accent a bit, along
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Accepting cash only? by bravoteddy @ 08/18/16 08:25 PM

If you have a 36-week piano year (roughly corresponding to the school calendar), you can divide it into four 9-week terms and have them pay for all the lessons in each term in advance of the first lesson of that term, __by check__. Having them pay by
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by wolfgangmeister @ 08/18/16 08:25 PM

Sorry for the confusion. Kirk Burgett hired Mr. Boaz Kirschenbaum to serve as their new M&H Master Voicer (I believe this is their title for his role) and is involved with Final Voicing of all new M&H piano's coming out of Haverhill, MA thes
Piano Teachers Forum
As a student, I would not agree to this policy-- I pay by cash on a weekly basis, my teacher has cancelled some (5 times this year), I have cancelled twice and all is good. Pay by SESSION??? I am assuming you mean by semester? That would be a hu
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Brand: Artmann Model: UP-120A Type: Upright Piano/ Vertical piano Size (L*W*H): 1485*605*1200mm/ 58.46*23.82*47.24 inch/ 4.87*1.99*3.94 ft Color: Ebony Keys: 88 keys Material: Solid wood keyboard Technology: Weight balance leaded technology A
Piano Teachers Forum
I trust my teacher quite a lot, but I would not give him my banking information (nor would he ever ask for it).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time playing a FAZIOLI F278! by BobTB @ 08/18/16 08:06 PM

Yes they are still being made in Germany, our music school just bought one 5 months or so ago. They actually have both a Fazioli 270 and Steinway C. I know this does not show the actual sound difference, but I have two videos of the same piece played
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianists with high seating positions by Incongruous @ 08/18/16 07:49 PM

Different people have different bodies, so it is only natural that everyone will play in different ways at a different heights. You should find the one which makes you feel as comfortable as possible, not try and copy anyone else's...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by Bob @ 08/18/16 07:34 PM

Piano wire stretches when it's new, and most pianos don't have nearly enough tunings before they are delivered to the customer. If the piano was delivered to you flat, and the technician has been raising the pitch each tuning, tunings might not be a
Jump to new posts Re: 15k Budget for Digital Piano by Dave Ferris @ 08/18/16 07:25 PM

I like the N2 a lot. I recently played the whole line of Avant Grands side by side and that was the one I best connected with. Still going back and forth if I want to spend the dough on it for the house. Part of me says - perfect ! The other half s
Piano Teachers Forum
It sounds like a good way to slash your enrollment, prodigy. What you need is a better tuition policy, not a mechanism for automatic payment.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD64/Ivory Feel G action by Jay Roland @ 08/18/16 07:19 PM

Ivory Feel G is what it is. No change in design or implementation from one instrument to the next. Jay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time playing a FAZIOLI F278! by ClsscLib @ 08/18/16 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By Dave FerrisOriginally Posted By SpaetensonatenOriginally Posted By Dave FerrisI've played maybe a half dozen 278s over the years, maybe more - as I get older I lose track. Most of them at NAMM and maybe one or two at Pierre J
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by terminaldegree @ 08/18/16 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By wolfgangmeisterMuch like what Shigeru Kawai and others are doing with their MPT program, I have scheduled Mr. Kirschenbaum to visit my house in late September to voice my new 2013 Mason & Hamlin 7' Model BB (which has the lat
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to identify good piano dealers? by Bob @ 08/18/16 07:09 PM

I guess I can do this by example = one of the best piano stores I've worked for many years ago. 1. It was owned by two piano technicians who pooled their money to open a store 2. There was a full time head piano technician, who supervised apprentic
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Arpeggiated Chords – when to execute during count by concertinist25701 @ 08/18/16 07:08 PM

Hi, it’s my first post here. A little background on the piece of interest prior to my question, which is ‘Exactly Like You’ 1930 (ELY) by Jimmy McHugh. I play this on Concertina by an octave up, into a reachable range, and what an absolute jo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by Ralphiano @ 08/18/16 07:05 PM

What a nice way to relax and unwind after work! The quality continues. Well done, everyone. 35. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - I Giorni That was some very nice playing. It seemed polished and relaxed. 36. Piano Primo 1 - Solfeggetto, Dream Echoes Well
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Accepting cash only? by ThePianoProdigy @ 08/18/16 07:02 PM

Do any of you guys accept cash only or do you guys take mostly checks?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by wolfgangmeister @ 08/18/16 07:02 PM

Agreed. Even with Renner Blue Points, it's amazing what great technicians can do. During the M&H Factory Tour last month, we observed Mr. Kirschenbaum take a 15 year old Haverhill-built M&H BB with the older wood action and Renner Blue Poin
Page 72 of 74 < 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland LX 17 / KAWAI CS 11, some questions
by AlexEbel
08/25/16 01:41 PM
Hallet Davis baby grand with sticking keys
by David68
08/25/16 12:50 PM
Difference between Kawai pianos
by dreja
08/25/16 09:53 AM
Under €1000 stage piano (used)
by Bachus
08/25/16 08:37 AM
Flood damaged piano
by David Jenson
08/25/16 07:50 AM
Forum Stats
84,767 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,738 Topics
2,550,279 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission