Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (anotherscott, Alexank, A Cerulean State, arununni, 32 invisible), 1401 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by Olek @ 07/28/15 05:54 AM

Hello, Word of mouth due to the good job done. Working for shops Depending of your ability to make the tone and the touch pleasing on pianos that are mostly a little off their regualtion parameters, will give you even more work Making tunings tha
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by Olek @ 07/28/15 05:42 AM

I may say the position of the US tuners vs ETD is not well understood in Germany for what I have been said. I mean it sound evident to most German professional that the aural job is more musical, if compared to the one done with the ETD . Nobody d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS10 vs. K-200/K-300 - What to buy? by backto_study_piano @ 07/28/15 05:36 AM

I wouldn't spend that much on a digital - generally a digital is a stepping stone to an acoustic (most people I've known who had them increasingly grew to want an acoustic). My experience is that they don't hold their values very well, either - part
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ivan Moravec RIP by Veronika333 @ 07/28/15 05:29 AM

Very sad.. Best pianist from my country, he was excellent teacher as well and gave a lot of interesting interviews. Big loss for music :-( RIP.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 vs acoustic piano by Hoppyfrog @ 07/28/15 05:28 AM

I wasted loads of time trying to decide on this very issue. I tried loads of digitals, and a few acoustics. I liked the feel of the Kawai CA65, but honestly at this level, they're all very very good. I don't use any of the toys, and it doesn't sound
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by Musicdude @ 07/28/15 05:25 AM

Craigslist. Charge the apprentice rate, and you should be good to go. Good Luck!
Originally Posted By musicbasedYes really great ideas, thanks very much. Im definitely going to try that on the next one!-Love the idea of freezing them in place. I just finished my first wng upright installation last week. Very impressed! Hi, do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann P212 Grand Piano by RAY930 @ 07/28/15 05:06 AM

But who is the current owner of Brodmann? An Amercianan entrepeneur or Parsons at China? I believe current models have nothing to do with old 212 grand.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS10 vs. K-200/K-300 - What to buy? by mabraman @ 07/28/15 04:59 AM

No way IMO. The sustain, ressonances, the body of the sound in the central octaves, the touch of a milenium action... K series are in other world when compared to CS digitals. As for durability, in ten years or less a CS will be dead or out-dated.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca67 vs acoustic piano by tabber @ 07/28/15 04:51 AM

For the same price range, i'm not sure an acoustic would be better. To give you an idea in the UK, Yamahas entry level (but prety decent) upright (The U1) is £6k new, compared to CA67 which is £1,700. A reconditioned U1 is about £3k from a dealer.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by outo @ 07/28/15 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88I think I'm following what my teacher suggests about practicing, but I often feel like it doesn't make any difference. Or like I'm not understanding correctly. Her most recent directive in several things is that I
Jump to new posts Best Portable Recording Interface For a DP ??? by musicmad @ 07/28/15 04:21 AM

Hi which of these portable recording devices would be best recommended for recording the sounds from a digital piano. Zoom H4NSP, Tascam DR22, Yamaha PR7, or Roland R-05. Will be recording using a direct line input, no external mics. Overall will be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by sirwormsalot @ 07/28/15 04:00 AM

The biggest difference between C2X and C3X is the C3X uses the same soundboard material that the Yamaha CFX uses. I don't know why the C2X and C1X are not fitted with this, but that's what the websites tell us. I suspect that may be why you prefer th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Glenn Treibitz @ 07/28/15 03:55 AM

Interesting decision. Good luck with it. Sort of like preferring production line Toyota (Yamaha) over hand built Bugatti (Estonia).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ 07/28/15 03:52 AM

Again my AOTW is to not have lost MOYD. It has been unbearably hot for weeks, which sucks the energy right out of me. I have been going through all my scales and arpeggios, and not much else , this past week. I have added some new scales and am wor
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by casinitaly @ 07/28/15 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By patHJust noticed. I always look tense when playing the piano. 😃 Maybe that's due to the nature of the music you were playing? Your pieces ...at least the ones I have heard you play, seem to be almost always very intense and
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Best angle for filming piano at home? by Vlasta @ 07/28/15 03:34 AM

I hope to record some piano covers from home soon and upload them to YouTube. What do you think is the best angle to record from and why? Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by Arghhh @ 07/28/15 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88Or, there's a part of the waltz with two notes at a time for several eighth notes (like 24, 35, 24, 13, 24, 35, in essentially a five finger position) and I've been trying for months to get them to sound at the same
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you practice scales and arpeggios staccato? by Qazsedcft @ 07/28/15 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By tbonesaysProfessor Utube (aka Ms Alison Sparrow) said 'Do not press the next key in the scale until you've released it.' Therefore I must have learned staccato. That's called portato a.k.a. non-legato. Staccato is where you pr
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by bkw58 @ 07/28/15 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPT... One point was made perfectly clear: There will be no further acquiescence to electronic tuning for the exam. In fact, there will be a push for all examinees to use nothing more than a tuning fork. The feel
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by Lancihp @ 07/28/15 02:38 AM

USER LOCATION: Indonesia MAKE: KAWAI MODEL: ES100 CONDITION: NEW PRICE PAID: $483 USD DELIVERY CHARGE: $60, >800 miles VENDOR LOCATION: ONLINE VENDOR NAME: One of KAWAI dealers in Jakarta PURCHASE DATE: 6/2/2015
Piano Forum
Thanks guys! Rickster and me know what it's all about: having fun, enjoying yourself and never give up practicing.... [whatever your piano of choice was...] Norbert
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by Markarian @ 07/28/15 02:20 AM

Price Range? You can spend anywhere between $300-6000 or more on a digital.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Have your ambitions changed since you started playing? by debussychopin @ 07/28/15 02:19 AM

My ambition was to play Chopin etudes at the required speed and when I thought this may be doable I realized I was reading the required speed wrong. It wasn't 144 bpm per one-eighth note, but it was 144 bpm per half note. So now my ambition is to pl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Selling price for a Schafer & Sons SG-51? by Carey @ 07/28/15 02:12 AM

Depends on the age and condition. Can you give us more specific information?
Page 72 of 89 < 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 88 89 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai MP7 changing rhythms
by kiwikeys
08/02/15 02:28 PM
Weird Trade Question
by MAK
08/02/15 02:07 PM
Who are the top 5 or 10 harpsichordists?
by BWV 846
08/02/15 01:20 PM
Grade 10 RCM Study Questions
by Rothwell
08/02/15 11:54 AM
Adult beginner online help
by 88slowpoke
08/02/15 09:01 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,227 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,936 Topics
2,432,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission