Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
127 registered (alwatson, anamnesis, aliao, 8opus, agraffe, 21 invisible), 2227 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova clp-950 stopped working. by Morodiene @ 02/18/17 10:03 PM

Might be best to be in touch to Yamaha to find a certified technician to take a look at it and give you an estimate on repair. Hopefully it's not too expensive to repair, but if so, there's lots of great new DPs out there
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short sustained sound of Boston GP 193 by P W Grey @ 02/18/17 10:01 PM

Your written English is quite good! So, to look at the crown underneath in the soundboard, use a piece of fine thread that will span the entire width of the board. Pick a spot pretty much in the middle area of the board. You want to stretch the thre
I think sound-wise, Nord may win, but action-wise, Roland may win. But as for the best action, look at Kawai. The MP11 is awesome, and a great MIDI controller, too, so you can use with any software you like to get the sound you want.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by Morodiene @ 02/18/17 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By Morodiene The kids run the show. Isn't that what today's marketing methods prove? When I determine that the student belongs to the "expensive babysitting" camp, I let them do whatever they
Depends on what features you value. Nord has a great downloadable sound/sample library and its sample synth functions allow you to control parameters in a way the RD-2000 cannot. The RD-2000 has a huge 1100 plus tones built-in with the best of the be
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by Morodiene @ 02/18/17 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By minstrelmanand of course there's A440, and the history of the international pitch standard. here's a couple recent youtube videos by a friend, on that subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYYnVO-3fE https://www.youtube.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Challenge of Aural Piano Tuning by P W Grey @ 02/18/17 09:42 PM

Yes, truly endless. Pwg
Jump to new posts Re: Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO vs Sennheiser HD 598 by newer player @ 02/18/17 09:31 PM

Th Beyerdynaic DT990 is a really nice headphone. You need to choose 32-250-600 ohm model based on amp you will use. If you have a big mismatch between amp & headphone impedance, the sound will be lousy. - You should ask Kawai James for output im
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth Boston International Piano Competition by doctor S @ 02/18/17 09:23 PM

+2!
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by Frédéric L @ 02/18/17 09:06 PM

"Starting in C major in equal temperament then transposing to F major results in the F being 'wrong' and therefore all other intervals in the new key being differently wrong against the original starting key compared with the other intervals in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new "your brain on music" type of study by Damon @ 02/18/17 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By wrSome folks here may find this recently published study interesting. In it, the researchers report on an experiment they did that gave some results showing that the brain processes music using the same pathways as it does fo
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Hello My Name Is: My opinion .... You have a beginning student. You are a classically trained teacher. Please help that student learn the foundation of all music, not patterns and formulas (counting half-steps to figure out chords) for finding ch
Adult Beginners Forum
Synthesia sounds like the app you may be looking for, but to be honest, it is not the best way to learn unless you are not interested in actually learning notation.
I know there are other options out there but I've ended up narrowing down my choices to these 2 stage pianos. My background, as a kid I took piano lessons for 10 years and was a decent player, at age 16 I picked up a guitar and never played piano a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a spiral binder to music books by Pianoperformance @ 02/18/17 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By sara elizabethWas that equipment pricey? Originally Posted By sara elizabethWas that equipment pricey? Amazon does good warehouse deals.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new "your brain on music" type of study by phantomFive @ 02/18/17 08:13 PM

I would bet music would make you feel a whole range of emotion (but I really should read the paper before answering!)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Difficulty rating of these pieces by Svenno @ 02/18/17 08:09 PM

What everyone is trying to say, is that the differences of difficulty between pieces isn't always as straightforward and universally agreed upon by pianists, as, for example, "Rachmaninov's 3rd piano concerto is more difficult than Grieg's piano
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Custom Cabinet by Gombessa @ 02/18/17 08:03 PM

It's hard to tell how well it blends in from that picture (and probably the fact that it's black), but man that looks damned good to me. And the VPC1 is one sexy bit of kit by its own right too.
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by Gombessa @ 02/18/17 08:01 PM

I have manually transposed exactly one thing. A half-step key change in a song that went from 1/16th to 1/32 notes and I simply didn't have the chops to play it, so I transposed the 1/16 section a half-step up to fake it. And man, there's no way I c
Jump to new posts Re: gig-worthy electric piano speaker questions by SirJohn @ 02/18/17 07:52 PM

All you really need to know is you need a clean amp and decent sounding full range cabs. Digital pianos are actually one of the easier things to deal with in band settings. As long as the power is nice and clean and the speakers can reasonably cover
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing - positives/negatives? by Dave Horne @ 02/18/17 07:50 PM

....I'm aware of the strange newness of a familiar tune played in a new key. Maybe it's that you're describing. The thing is, that new feeling is very transitory. It ebbs away very quickly. It's been my experience, the less theory one knows, the mo
Jump to new posts Re: Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO vs Sennheiser HD 598 by AdrianR @ 02/18/17 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI own a pair of the 598e (all black). I got a great deal on them one Black Friday. They have been great. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but might be worth trying out both to see what sounds best with your DP
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts A new "your brain on music" type of study by wr @ 02/18/17 07:31 PM

Some folks here may find this recently published study interesting. In it, the researchers report on an experiment they did that gave some results showing that the brain processes music using the same pathways as it does for processing the pleasu
Jump to new posts Re: gig-worthy electric piano speaker questions by DukeLeJeune @ 02/18/17 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By cphollisHi, gigging keyboardist here... Hello! Small world... as part of my "due diligence", last night I read your review of the SpaceStation V3, as well as your article on "Getting the sound right for your ba
Jump to new posts Re: gig-worthy electric piano speaker questions by cphollis @ 02/18/17 07:28 PM

By the way, if we're going to have a discussion on killer stage pianos that nail AP sounds as well as do other things, I am not un-opinionated on that topic either
Page 72 of 88 < 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 87 88 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mechanical problems with tangents
by Sverre
3 minutes 25 seconds ago
walking basslines
by iamanders
24 minutes 34 seconds ago
Conover Model 77 Options
by Brian Young
42 minutes 51 seconds ago
MUZE PIANOWERELD
by Essipova
Today at 12:22 PM
Scale Harmonization
by cmajornine
Today at 11:07 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,787 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,694 Topics
2,601,499 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission