Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
71 registered (barbaram, AZNpiano, Bambers, BachToTheFuture, alwatson, Beakybird, 16 invisible), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by Gombessa @ 01/19/17 11:43 AM

I would completely ignore string resonance for a beginner. I took a decade of Piano lessons and never knew it existed or used it as a technique in any way (not that I should be considered the ideal base for anyone).
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Gombessa @ 01/19/17 11:41 AM

I think the RD-800 will hold up its price for a few years. Roland's stage pianos aren't too common on the used market and they go pretty high from what I've seen. It's hard to find an rd-300nx for under $900 for instance. IMO $1300 is really good ri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: protective piano film by PhilipInChina @ 01/19/17 11:41 AM

You could have a variety of coverings and change them depending on the type of music you are playing. I think that would be fun. That is something I was given. I keep it on the baby grand in the snooker room but it would go equally well on top of
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Sound by RonaldSteinway @ 01/19/17 11:23 AM

Yes....Good idea! I know the owner of those two pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by Peter K. Mose @ 01/19/17 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By grburgessI work at it a lot, but really I'm so discouraged it's hard to even type this. I'm starting to understand why zillions of people just give up. I am 61, and I'm thinking that I'll probably die of old age before I get
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by pianistje @ 01/19/17 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By Doug M.Originally Posted By GossI am so confused now lol.. So vpiano is the supernatural modelled sound, and the supernatural sound is the older sample/model hybrid, correct? It so, makes some sense to differentiate since a
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by TonyB @ 01/19/17 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By Doug M. The invention of fully-modelled Super-Natural V-piano technology, not to be confused with Super-Naturaly hybrid sound synthesis. Time passed, and Roland improved the whole V-piano modelling further. Now they put it int
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arabesque by Isabelle1949 @ 01/19/17 11:18 AM

Slow it down and count like your life depended on it. Try this, while counting, Play only the RH and LH notes that come together, but count and play them where they belong and, count the notes in between even though you are not playing them. Next, d
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Sound by Ed Sutton @ 01/19/17 11:16 AM

You might find out who tuned the Fazioli and Yamaha CFX, and ask that person to tune your piano.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by pianopi @ 01/19/17 11:11 AM

Also, making sure students are encouraged when they get something right, however small, is important. (Making students feel bad because they didn't practice doesn't actually work. The discomfort, embarrassment etc. feeling bad about not practicing
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Dave Ferris @ 01/19/17 11:09 AM

I'm heading out shortly to go down there today. Definitely want to attempt to play the RD2000 and report back with a general idea or a fwiw first impression of it. I just hope that #1 -- they have a generous amount of units set up so you don't have
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arabesque by BrianDX @ 01/19/17 11:08 AM

I had to learn this last year and I agree with Morodiene's advice. In my case, I ended up playing it at about 80% full tempo and that was good enough for my teacher. My biggest problem was playing the left hand 16th note patterns smoothly. Even afte
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by scorpio @ 01/19/17 11:08 AM

Here is an article on "using quick studies to improve reading and learning skills." The essay defines a quick study as "a proper piece of music a couple of grades lower than the level of the player." http://www.practisingthe
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Rock Bottom by DeeMaxx @ 01/19/17 11:07 AM

Hi there Mrkeyboard thanx for the kind comment glad you like it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by Isabelle1949 @ 01/19/17 11:06 AM

What is one piece that you are having problems with? If we had that information, we might be able to help with the study/practice process. Piano is not easy, don't ever give up!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stride Piano by john f @ 01/19/17 11:01 AM

I have been listening to different stride players lately. In the past I never listened to stride much except Scott Joplin's music. I have found one that plays close to what I would like to play. He is Allen Dale. He is on U-tube. He play's old tunes
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by pianopi @ 01/19/17 11:00 AM

I find it is like a hunt or pilgrimage to find the thing that inspires the child to practice. -Just telling students to practice works about 80% of the time at the start, and then dwindles as pieces get boring or hard for the student. -Showing the
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Goss @ 01/19/17 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By mwfOh dear.... https://youtu.be/04JnGqYUZLk dark moody DM what's not to like XD
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts firewood by Cassia @ 01/19/17 10:51 AM

Expensive firewood
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by Cassia @ 01/19/17 10:50 AM

Price just raised to $275! Or maybe we have this all wrong and that's what he's willing to pay to have someone haul it away.
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Sound by RonaldSteinway @ 01/19/17 10:48 AM

Ian, I joined an adult amateur recital group. We always play on Fazioli or Yamaha CFX, those two pianos are amazing! I noticed that the sound of those pianos are clean (no twangy sounds like what was described by David above, and it is the correct d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 Thread by Rich Galassini @ 01/19/17 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By KawaiDonA small warning to those coming to NAMM: bring your umbrella! It has been a wet year, and we are expecting plenty of rain through Sunday. Come see the special Kawai 90th anniversary 6 1/2 foot Plexiglass piano! See yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 Thread by Rich Galassini @ 01/19/17 10:46 AM

Link to a photo and video: The Day Before NAMM
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by john f @ 01/19/17 10:42 AM

Thank you for the above post. Brings up a question. Since I play mostly solo, what do I do about the root? I assume play it in the left hand with what other notes? Regardless of how much I learn to jazz up a song I will always want the melody of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by piano_primo_1 @ 01/19/17 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By grburgess I just make way too many mistakes, even though I don't have difficulty reading the music or recognizing the dots on the page and knowing what the key signature is. It's the coordination that is impossible for me, and I
Page 72 of 104 < 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 103 104 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Unable to transpose on Williams Legato Keyboard
by paulcbaynes
01/24/17 02:05 AM
Value of my 26 year old digital piano?
by SFOtoSEA
01/24/17 01:31 AM
For everyone who says a keyboard can't come close in sound..
by polo1
01/23/17 11:37 PM
My visit to Steinway Hall in NYC
by pianoloverus
01/23/17 09:29 PM
Tuning unisons ?
by Charles Cohen
01/23/17 09:17 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,367 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,977 Topics
2,591,696 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission