Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (augustm, Bachus, accordeur, Albunea, 36251, 33 invisible), 1590 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By CareyActually at least three local competitors carry the various brands mentioned. I was speaking specifically to the mention of Mason & Hamlin, Carey. I am sure you are correct though.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A noob says "Hi!" by bellspiano @ 10/05/15 06:37 PM

I agree with Gene. You will be surprised how nice and helpful we can be, once you get to know us.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by AndrewJCW @ 10/05/15 06:36 PM

Great fun watching this with the youtube chat experts - 'too slow' 'too fast' 'no feel' 'no expression'.
Jump to new posts Re: A noob says "Hi!" by Gene Nelson @ 10/05/15 06:36 PM

Hello to you too: If I were you I would check out a local chapter of the piano technicians guild and take time to go to a meeting. Get to know the local techs. You will likely get some help, advice and some friendship in the tech community.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who has experience with pianoforall.com by dogperson @ 10/05/15 06:33 PM

There is an entire thread related to PianoForAll http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2169640/1.html This was a general thread comparing method books http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2388287
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli by bennevis @ 10/05/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By WithindaleDid anyone note who was playing the Fazioli at the Chopin competition? A Chinese pianist, Tian Lu, played it today. I don't know whether it was the position of the microphones (which remain in the same position for al
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Harmonies du soir - progress has apparently halted. by pianoloverus @ 10/05/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By SvennoOriginally Posted By Cheeto717I love higher levels of piano lessons, but they are often full of hypocricies and contradictions. Yes they are. And I'm not even in conservatory yet. But when you get the interpretive opinio
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel Scarbo!!! by Carey @ 10/05/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus!!!!!!!!(I'm speechless) That makes two of us !!!!!!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By tinyking12345https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpOAXka6C2A My Favourite Nocturne Bravo George !! Thanks for sharing your videos with us and welcome to Piano World !!!
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy action - how to make it lighter by rXd @ 10/05/15 06:20 PM

Yes. Whenever I have done this, the intention has been temporary on an already well regulated instrument, for a few hours only and the strip cut into seperate pieces to fit between the action standards. A really fine pianist can create the same eff
Piano Forum
I visited Living Pianos in Santa Ana last summer and had a delightful visit with them. Check out their website for a wide variety of used vintage instruments in your price range. http://livingpianos.com/pianos/ I played a Mason and Hamlin that was
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What used grand piano would you buy with $16,000? by JohnSprung @ 10/05/15 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By sam abdelSouthern California In that case, google "Hollywood Piano", "Past Perfect Piano", "Knauer Piano", and "Living Pianos". See what they have in your price range. Spend an hour or
Pianist Corner
This is why you should only take lessons from one teacher at a time. It's hard enough when you disagree with your teacher. When they disagree with each other, it's far too much drama.
Pianist Corner
I'm average height with smallish hands: 10th in LH (when I have time to prepare) and 9th in RH. I lost the tip of my RH pinky to frostbite some years ago, otherwise I might still be able to reach a 10th now, even at my very advanced old age........
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving grand to another room by JohnSprung @ 10/05/15 05:53 PM

No problem provided that the guys on the keyboard end can get a good grip. If not, consider using a couple sticks of 1 1/2" galvy or black pipe run under the piano to give them a safer grip. Wrap towels around the pipe to protect the finish.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Is this an improvement? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 10/05/15 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By Phil-60 Thanks anyway, for watching, and giving feedback -Appreciated. I will delete the video -and concentrate on my own compositions -I have had enough of being misunderstood I guess - No NO ... don't delete it. You put a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BruceDWhat an odd question, since the OP doesn't know any of us. Of what interest could the answer be? Stumped! Maybe he is trying to correlate hand size and height. I don't know if there is any expected pattern. 5'3 1/2 and a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Did Liberace ever play the Moonlight 3rd mvt? by bennevis @ 10/05/15 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By PlowboySounds like Chopin to me! Priceless! I never knew it's possible to play Op.53 (morphing into La Paloma) on a harpsichord.....
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones, open or closed? by AndrewJCW @ 10/05/15 05:37 PM

I use close because I really only wanted one pair of decent headphones and I wanted to used them for recording. Ideally you'd want both. If sound is the most important thing I'd get open, if you want them to be useful in isolating sound you get close
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hardest Chopin Etude? and other questions.. by Incongruous @ 10/05/15 05:36 PM

Music is an art, not a sport. Hardest in what sense? I would like to know how many people have actually played them. I have small hands. I found Op. 25 No.6, No.10 and No. 11 easier than what people told me about them. I can't do Op. 10 No.1 and No
Adult Beginners Forum
The performer posted the video himself and in his own post admitted that after much frustration didn't persevere with learning it. Having said that's it's an exact scenario of what this thread is about. It's the some piece of music for goodness sakes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by Albunea @ 10/05/15 05:26 PM

Today I could only see one.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Is this an improvement? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 10/05/15 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By Phil-60Here is my harmonisation to the Motive I used in my Tutorial -developed by 'TheHappyPianoMuse - https://musescore.com/user/5004706/scores/1268431 Turn your volume down -because it plays back very loud - I am SO sorry I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hardest Chopin Etude? and other questions.. by debussychopin @ 10/05/15 05:21 PM

1) I believe this has been answered satisfactorily here in this thread. However I would like to add , in my experience, the middle section of 10 3 is as hard as any etude I actually practiced or dabbled in. This is an etude in itself. Others have dif
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Did Liberace ever play the Moonlight 3rd mvt? by Plowboy @ 10/05/15 05:18 PM

Sounds like Chopin to me!
Page 72 of 101 < 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 100 101 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The downside of the Nord stage 2
by Bachus
10/10/15 03:52 PM
Mustonen plays Prokofiev's Third Concerto
by Janus K. Sachs
10/10/15 01:47 PM
Baldwin info
by Mark...
10/10/15 01:07 PM
Micro-environment for piano in wood-heated home
by gingko2
10/10/15 12:02 PM
Kawai CA67 and 97
by joe80
10/10/15 11:39 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,993 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,432 Topics
2,453,800 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission