Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
77 registered (AZNpiano, Almaviva, AndreiN, augustm, 26 invisible), 1044 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Increasing Sustain on a CP4 Stage Piano by Joe Garfield @ 03/22/15 09:45 PM

Can you try a different pedal, or hooking the pedal up a different way? I am just thinking that if the CP4 supports 'half pedal' it could be possible that the pedal is not sending the right signal. I don't have a CP4 though, just trying to help. I ha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can this be? by Piano*Dad @ 03/22/15 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By master88erOriginally Posted By Beacon ChrisCan't forget this one! Did Turandot ever see this? http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/165248/3.html hmmm… I'm thinking of some creative fun… Beacon In
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice techniques by hreichgott @ 03/22/15 09:40 PM

Learn fingerings, rhythms, dynamics and all expressive markings at the same time as learning the notes. If you can't think about all those things at once, play it slower. It takes more minutes to learn each page this way, but it takes fewer weeks to
Jump to new posts Re: Different manufacturers action types/names by Kawai James @ 03/22/15 09:36 PM

Totally agree.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by scorpio @ 03/22/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf9014. Bach-Marcello: Adagio, BWV 974 This is beautiful.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can this be? by Norbert @ 03/22/15 09:35 PM

P.S. If a new "Kassman" piano [beautiful name!] should ever hit the market, please let me sign up as first [er "second"..] dealer. Norbert
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by ElmerJFudd @ 03/22/15 09:35 PM

PV88, I have no idea what has incited your anger and subsequent wrath. Life is too short for such things. I'm just a regular fellow with a love for the piano (digitals included) and have decided to frequent the forum of late because I've found peop
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Markarian @ 03/22/15 09:33 PM

I always kind of thought "Chickering" was the noise made by old ladies while feeding birds. Hey, Ed, did anyone pick up that one you showed me that was built like a Sherman tank and had that really complex bass?
Jump to new posts Re: Should I get the Roland A 88? by Kawai James @ 03/22/15 09:30 PM

Happy to help. Best of luck!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Grand Feel key clinic by McBuster @ 03/22/15 09:24 PM

Jeff Nudging the C Key. I just did it as a lark to see if ... ... I mentioned hearing a Click in all C Keys. This had nothing to do with the underlying pin. That will not move unless you take it all apart. Pushing sideways on all the others did not
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Ripples in the Harbor" by Markarian @ 03/22/15 09:23 PM

Wheee, I just got new mics and a pre-amp, so I thought I would take them for a spin with a new piece I've been working on, entitled "Ripples in the Harbor" Markarian - Ripples In The Harbor Thanks for listening!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can this be? by master88er @ 03/22/15 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By Beacon ChrisCan't forget this one! Did Turandot ever see this? http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/165248/3.html hmmm… I'm thinking of some creative fun… Beacon Interestingly, that thread could
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Larry Buck @ 03/22/15 09:18 PM

Klavianiac, That is not the type of response that would properly direct work. The original value is to the original buyer, that piano is tailored to their personal taste. Sounds like you are unfamiliar with just how these Chickering sound. Until
Jump to new posts Re: Different manufacturers action types/names by MacMacMac @ 03/22/15 09:15 PM

Keyboard feel is not something that can be properly described. You have to try one to know what it's like. So the "actual" difference you seek can only be found by putting your fingers on the keys.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Stubbie @ 03/22/15 09:14 PM

This coming week is spring break, so no lesson--but my teacher left me plenty to work on. A# minor scales, arpeggios, and cadences. I do some Hanon exercises, but not every day. Bach Invention #8. Still doing some HS practice of m. 1-12, but now
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Larry Buck @ 03/22/15 09:13 PM

Pianoloverus You speak well to the challenge. I would enjoy writing a comprehensive explanation to that very question. At some point I will, as it does come up in part every single day of doing business. How do we listen to the expectations of th
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by MacMacMac @ 03/22/15 09:13 PM

pv: Take it easy. Elmer simply said "... the thread had died ..." And indeed it had. Until yesterday there had been no posts since last September. So your objection "... can plainly SEE THAT THIS THREAD IS NOT DEAD" doesn't fit.
Piano Forum
We already have a keyboard although not a high quality one. But we are definitely only interested in an acoustic piano. My girls are at the point of learning dynamics and their teacher said an acoustic piano would be very helpful although not comp
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP 5 broken key bracket ?? by Pat5067 @ 03/22/15 09:12 PM

hey lolatu, glad you got something out of this rambling...to answer your questions: yes, I replaced two chassis sections. The middle C section of the keyboard was the worst, 4 out of 12 key slots were repaired(glued back together)at one time or the o
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by MacMacMac @ 03/22/15 09:07 PM

It's not maintenance-free. And neither is any other digital.Originally Posted By Pete14It really is a maintenance-free instrument (just like any other digital piano); unless you want to change the oil and align the wheels every few months.Keys occasi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by S. Phillips @ 03/22/15 09:03 PM

The cocked hat Chickerings that I have seen have a Brown action. They were pre Civil War. 1850's. I agree with Ed that they don't have much if any resale value and they have a sweet little sound but I've always wanted one since I can do the repair
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Piano with Hand Injuries by MediocreSam @ 03/22/15 09:02 PM

With my string of bad luck, I'm surprised I'm not missing a hand lol. Seriously though, I can't believe all my hands and fingers. I've walked away unscathed many more times than I should have.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your achievements in sight reading? (Motivation) by noobpianist90 @ 03/22/15 09:01 PM

I havent heard of the John kember books before. For sight reading practice, I'm using: Progressive sight reading exercises for piano by Hannah Smith Mikrokosmos by Bela Bartok (I finished book 1, yet to start on book 2) Improve your sight-reading se
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by pv88 @ 03/22/15 08:57 PM

@James, Have deliberately used the implied (not written) language to get the poster above to see that the thread is apparently not "dead" and have already edited my post accordingly by taking out the implied words. I wanted the above post
Jump to new posts Re: Best Keyboard/Electric Piano For a College Student by Charles Cohen @ 03/22/15 08:52 PM

Quote: RD-800 is a very reasonable pick at $2500 when you're convinced a PX-350 (ES-100 or P-105) isn't going to satisfy you. . . . Best advice I can give is to also play the PX-5S and make sure you feel the RD-800 is $1500 better and don't forget yo
Page 77 of 101 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 100 101 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Used Transcribe to Slow Rick Wakeman's intro to "Awaken"
by pianoman9
2 minutes 36 seconds ago
Musicality of a piece
by piano_friend
Yesterday at 07:44 PM
Petrof new grands - overpriced?
by Piano_Brazil
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Recommendations for Small Room Humidifier/De-Humidi
fier

by PNO40
Yesterday at 06:03 PM
Where to purchase Kawai MP7?
by cfit
Yesterday at 05:29 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,673 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,760 Topics
2,389,215 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission