Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
122 registered (Beemer, bennevis, Beakybird, accordeur, 37 invisible), 1727 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by dogperson @ 04/24/16 09:48 PM

IMHO How can anyone assume this child does not love music? The fact the child is just repeating a measure over and over does not mean he does not love music, but that he has not been taught how to practice... to ask a child beginning student to work
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by Macy @ 04/24/16 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By Pianist685 The sample rate and latency fields in the Options menu of the KontaktPlayer I got with the software are unclickable. I asked the manufacturer Native Instruments what to do, they required the serial number and once they
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Most of the musicians I know who have "perfect" pitch and also associate "color" with a particular key center, still hear all those qualities in the style of ET I tune. The fact that some musicians hear each key center as being di
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by ilmagodiloz @ 04/24/16 09:23 PM

Thank you mcoll and rychubil for the replies What about the synthetic ivory and ebony feel of the Casio PX-160? Am I wrong or the FP-30 doesn't have the same feel?
Jump to new posts EBVT Implementation by Ed A. Hall @ 04/24/16 09:21 PM

The EBVT III for concerts thread caught my attention so I decided to try it out. I tried out the EBVT tuning sequence by moving the final two steps earlier in the sequence. However, I'm still not exactly clear on the following: - Knowing which not
Ed, That's the age old and unfounded argument that ET somehow lasts longer. It is not true. That is one of those theoretical assumptions that has no actual basis in fact. Yes, the inequalities of temperament are seldom recognized for what they ar
Jump to new posts Re: Latency and connection to the piano by ElmerJFudd @ 04/24/16 09:12 PM

For software instruments monitored through headphones a discerning player/listener will notice small differences in latency. Lower latency is always better feeling for a connection between key drop and resulting sound. Generally speaking, me person
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Markus03 @ 04/24/16 09:11 PM

Dear members: This is my first post. I am looking at two pianos, the Estonia 168 and Shigeru Kawai SK-2, both priced relatively evenly at my local dealer (42-45k before tax, CAD). I haven't tried the SK-2 yet (it's on its way) but I do love the Esto
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half an hour in your shoes by scgrant @ 04/24/16 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By Whizbang While dinner was being prepared, they told him to go practice. He wasn't so thrilled. He went upstairs to their keyboard and began to practice the first measure of his piece, too fast, over and over. They asked him to k
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven's Choral Fantasy by Frito @ 04/24/16 09:05 PM

The Kissin/Abbado youtube video is an absolute classic.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts craigslist find, Yamaha 42" upright for $250.00 by rotundra @ 04/24/16 09:01 PM

the piano reportedly sat in 1 place for 30 years and was sold to me for $250.00 when the original owner went to the retirement home. They estimated it was purchased new in 1985 but I have doubts, she is not able to recall and lived alone. First of a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing used piano from Individual by PAL_54 @ 04/24/16 08:59 PM

Thank you all for your information!! This piano has been in a well maintained home for about 10 years. Teenage children played this at home for practice. They children have all grown and are now out of the home. I appreciate all your comments!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When to transition to learning a new piece? by Pianocat3 @ 04/24/16 08:54 PM

I have always worked 3 or 4 pieces at once. Maybe only a couple when I was a kid, but as an adult, by Alfred's adult book 2, I'd do maybe 2 in Alfred, a sonatina and something else, maybe a pop song. No teacher has ever had me polish everything. I am
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by rychubil @ 04/24/16 08:38 PM

You have to try the action of the FP30, obligatory. I like Kawai Grand feel action but this is much, much highier price than PHA-4, which is really worth that low price. I'm falling love in PHA-4 action. I think that FP30 already is the best valuab
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite piece is most recently played piece? by Compianist @ 04/24/16 08:33 PM

I have a habit of replaying earlier musical pieces as a warm-up exercise before practicing a new piece, so my repertoire is always expanding.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude E-flat major by Steve Chandler @ 04/24/16 08:31 PM

I'd really like to be encouraging so I'll say you play quite well and your piece is definitely difficult. How old are you now? Have you written much since this piece. Frankly, it sounds like the piece is more about the arpeggios and accompaniment. Th
Jump to new posts Re: Grado vs Sennheiser HD598 for The Grandeur by rychubil @ 04/24/16 08:26 PM

I had HD598 - it has very comfortable pads and wide stereo, but for me sounds, like behind the courtain - I sold it. Now I'm using ATH-M50X, which are not comfortable like Senh's but I like the realism of the sound which is very close. I had also AKG
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by ThatAdamGuy @ 04/24/16 08:23 PM

Thanks for the info on the lightning cable stuff, Siros! Do you know what I'd need to record audio from the LX-17? (it's really frustrating me that I'm not finding resources to teach me this basic stuff online... or I may just be Googling the wrong
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite piece is most recently played piece? by earlofmar @ 04/24/16 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By CompianistI notice that "my favorite piece" keeps changing, and it is often the most recent piece........... I won't be surprised if I play my 57th piece, and the earlier 56 pieces were all dross. The latest chall
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Thinking Fingers" by Guy Maier by WiseBuff @ 04/24/16 08:20 PM

Never met a book store or book sale that I didn't enjoy. What a find, indeed!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite piece is most recently played piece? by WiseBuff @ 04/24/16 08:14 PM

Sometimes my most recent one is the one I'm tired of and need a break from. Then, when I come back to it, I find that I enjoy it again. There are so many favorites...
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by bennevis @ 04/24/16 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By Pete14 I believe Sir Ben nevis owns a V-Piano, so I assume it wouldn't hurt for him to order the H1 (stand not included), and give us a totally biased review/comparison! Thank you for knighting me (as Her Majesty has yet to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Giving Books a Good (New) Home! by Oongawa @ 04/24/16 08:09 PM

Join Paperbackswap.com! I have gotten quite a few good music book there for free.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By newbertI agree wholeheartedly. But it's tough to make a comparison when there are no local dealers in the area and they don't list the "sale" price at the "factory direct" event. Luckily, I'm not in a rush to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Change of location of Steinway store by Retsacnal @ 04/24/16 08:04 PM

We were in Boston last summer, and we passed Steinerts a number of times. It was a cool looking site. I don't know the history--I suspect it's pricey real estate--but would assume that the family owns the location given the age of the enterprise, but
Page 77 of 88 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 87 88 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What Do You Charge to Replace a Tuning Pin?
by Musicdude
18 minutes 5 seconds ago
Chickering Grand Piano S/N 109681
by houseofspiess
36 minutes 40 seconds ago
Used choices: Yamaha P105 vs Kawai CN33
by tsanga
57 minutes 34 seconds ago
Waterman Upright Grand by Seybold
by jdkollitz
Today at 03:38 PM
Kenya burns stockpile of ivory
by accordeur
Today at 01:43 PM
Forum Stats
83,467 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,317 Topics
2,520,051 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission