Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
163 registered (accordeur, Alex Hutor, A Guy, Alexander Borro, 255, 48 invisible), 1943 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Steinway Upright regulation problem. by Steve Senseney @ 01/28/15 07:15 AM

Thanks for the explanation.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by mabraman @ 01/28/15 07:12 AM

Everyone here is glad to count James among us. But a little biased is he, IMO. We usually comment both good and not so good (or planly bad) features in an instrument, quite proportionally, and sometimes one uf us (not me, btw) should deserve more cre
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by Allar A @ 01/28/15 07:04 AM

There's more to it - you can reproduce this "double bouncing" with every key - by giving just a slight pull. I suppose it's the hammer bouncing and in Indigo890's case it is an uncushioned/loose bouncing. Judging by the pictures, the RHIII
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: P. Tchaikovsky - Op.39 No.16 ??? by wimpiano @ 01/28/15 06:51 AM

@ClassicLib Congrats! Also, I completely agree with you. Pletnev's rendition of "Doll is ill" is nothing short of spectacular for such a simple small piece. Moving.. Oh and while cubusdk's playing is good, it's still in quite a different
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chords by UKIkarus @ 01/28/15 06:49 AM

Thanks Greener, will grab these myself tonight
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Brahms88 @ 01/28/15 06:37 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuOriginally Posted By: Brahms88Charles, that's a good recommendation. The FP-80 is excellent, my primary issue is that it doesn't use the new PHA-IV keyboard (new for 2013-14). It's been discussed ad nauseam earlier in this
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by sandalholme @ 01/28/15 06:34 AM

James can justify/defend himself from the criticisms above, but FWIW, I am grateful for his posts/contributions, which often recommend competitors' products rather than those of Kawai when he thinks it is appropriate. No employee could possibly expr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel Price by Rich Galassini @ 01/28/15 06:19 AM

Lukas, Play the piano. A 126 is a very different scale from a 116. They have quite a different performance. I am not saying you won't like the 116, but don't assume it will perform like the 126. Play the piano before you get excited.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reputable piano dealers wanted! by Rich Galassini @ 01/28/15 06:16 AM

Hi jenlyn, Welcome to PianoWorld! I don't think what you are asking is too far out of the normal request that you couldn't find a few options at any reputable dealer. Maybe you are looking for "more piano" than 4k usually gets you, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: P. Tchaikovsky - Op.39 No.16 ??? by Jytte @ 01/28/15 06:09 AM

Personally, I really like cubusdk's playing of these pieces. Especially his 'German song' is great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fPOJEuPnUI
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chords by Greener @ 01/28/15 06:02 AM

Hello Johan, this is a resource I used for learning chords and still refer to. The summary page (1 of 5) may be all you need if you basically know how to structure chords, but require reference from time to time, for some. It has been downloaded clos
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ 01/28/15 05:57 AM

Dennis, nice to hear from a fellow student. I happen to know that you are not the only experienced player that have found 'lapses' in their education and is finding Jaak's course very helpful. I'm currently on lesson 22-24, whilst still polishing th
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by jtsn @ 01/28/15 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By: 9190By the way, not one time I was thinking, what is the name of MP7's successor will be, MP8? But we already had MP8 long time ago. ) Just offtopic. So guessing the name of the successor be MP70. Or they will move to three dig
Jump to new posts What's your top 3 digitals? by leafhound @ 01/28/15 05:34 AM

I live on the outskirts of a big city we have many music stores in the area the opportunity to play pianos is amazing. out of all the digitals I've played here is my top 3. 1. Yamaha Avantgrand N2 2. Kawai MP11 3. Roland V-piano I went with th
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Gadzar @ 01/28/15 05:29 AM

As you can read at the end of the Weinreich document, there is a chance that a skilled tuner can reliably control the frequency of the two or three strings unison. It all depends on our tuning technique and how we tune unisons. For some of us strip
Jump to new posts D`ya want a cheap, new, MP10? by peterws @ 01/28/15 05:11 AM

[img]http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/kawai-mp10-88-note-stage-piano-with-wooden-keys-[/img]
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by pinkfloydhomer @ 01/28/15 05:10 AM

Sorry, I was being inaccurate. I didn't mean to say that coupled strings always go flat. It might as well be sharp. I have mostly observed flatness though. My point was that coupled strings very often does not have the same pitch (on either partial)
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Gadzar @ 01/28/15 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerI don't want to get sucked into this debate on either side. But I just want to say that it is very easy, even for me as an amateur, to observe with TuneLab that I can 1) tune one string spot on 2) then tune the s
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by 9190 @ 01/28/15 05:03 AM

Thank you, James! I hope too (but hardly I will have chance). Since I don't interesting anymore with traditional cabinet-style digital pianos, I hope to see Grand Feel II action, for example, in KAWAI VPC2. Or, KAWAI MP12 after few years. By the w
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by mabraman @ 01/28/15 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuFor someone who is so unbiased that he states the opinions expressed are his own on every post in his signature, you certainly do have a lot of positive views about Kawai products! Strangely, I've never seen you say a wor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by earlofmar @ 01/28/15 04:58 AM

I will sometimes create a video but it is harder to set up, and when there is endless takes it gets tiring resetting everything. Definitely not for this one.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Anyone tried IRockU? by Fatih @ 01/28/15 04:39 AM

Hey guys, A friend suggested me to register to irocku.com for my rock piano learning purposes(i am a beginner) . Anyone tried this system? I wanna hear some thoughts before spending some money on it. Thanks
Jump to new posts We Need Someone to Build this keyboard PLEASE! by ZeroZero @ 01/28/15 04:32 AM

I currently play a Roland 700NX, I have had a lot of keyboards in my time most of which I would not mention. I have a C2 within reach too. The Roland has spoilt me for touch. Its just a fantastic instrument touch wise. The Concert Grande is very dec
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by Cmin @ 01/28/15 04:24 AM

Hi DMC44! Congratulations to your new purchase. Recording to USB is quite straightforward. Have you checked page 26 of the manual? If you own a IOS device you can also record to that directly with one of Rolands apps.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by barbaram @ 01/28/15 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: MeddenHow many people are making a video too? Not me! It's hard enough trying to capture good audio
Page 77 of 117 < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 116 117 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai or Yamaha Digital pianos?
by dadopic
02/01/15 02:33 PM
Piano regulation for beginners - some issues!
by mfield1203
02/01/15 02:09 PM
Chinese factories
by Hakki
02/01/15 01:30 PM
Kawai MP Piano Settings
by OneWatt
02/01/15 01:12 PM
Aldo Ciccolini, RIP
by Catlady
02/01/15 12:39 PM
Forum Stats
77962 Members
42 Forums
161122 Topics
2366824 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission