Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (Amosdoll, Beemer, Adypiano, AndrewJCW, 20 invisible), 853 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by WiseBuff @ 07/27/15 07:48 AM

Ragdoll Sending prayers up for you. Hoping that the chemo does it job and then leaves you to heal and return to your piano. Glad that you posted so we can be with you.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Olek @ 07/27/15 07:24 AM

Thanks for the listening and comments, I had some touble with the basses, wanted to keep what computed the ETD but did not really agree with all so it may have caused some trouble. DId you notice than in the EPT instructions they say "Tuning m
Originally Posted By musicbased I find the rollers on Abel shanks very noisy and scratchy and don't like to use them. I told them so, they say it is natural leather and it should not. It is probably difficult to obtain fird grade skin those days, h
Jump to new posts Re: Weinreich by Olek @ 07/27/15 07:18 AM

Hi Marc, the sign !!!! is yes excalamtion, humour (smile !) I think yopur searches about octave sizes are valuable, the fact is that I focus more on slow intervals, so the fast ones must fall in place but I do not use the ladder of M3 to prep the tu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sabre Dance by zrtf90 @ 07/27/15 07:12 AM

Our speed is inherent. You cannot train for speed. If you can't run like Usain Bolt or play like Trifunov or Argerich now you aren't going to do much to improve it. You can improve it a bit but not significantly. In almost fifty years of playing I'm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Andsnes plays Beethoven today by timmyab @ 07/27/15 07:04 AM

I enjoyed very much his performances of the 1st and 4th last week. I was singing along like a happy birdie all the way through (and even dancing a bit ) which is a sure sign that I'm loving it. I'll listen to the other concertos on Iplayer this we
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relative beginner taking Jazz lessons needs advise by Mark Polishook @ 07/27/15 06:52 AM

Gumbysgroove, it's really impossible for any of us out here in PW land to evaluate the dynamic between you and your teacher - what you're learning and where you're going w/what you're learning. Because to point out the obvious, you're the only one he
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts A. Scriabin - Prelude B-major, op. 11 no. 11 by Veronika333 @ 07/27/15 06:42 AM

Live from recital https://app.box.com/s/ji1dz9nxl7vmujw6gpz1j7dcjzbacu9f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann P212 Grand Piano by backto_study_piano @ 07/27/15 06:13 AM

It could be like cars. Quite a while back, a relatively new to the market Asian auto company arrived - and sold, at a bargain price, lots and lots of small basic cars. They also had some larger, well specified cars, but sold very few - people wanti
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I think I may have ground myself to a halt on all of this but that might be for the best at the moment and so I thank everyone for their suggestions which helped a lot. Following your leads I went to amazon to research reading through the one-star r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading Update + Book Recommendation by lionus @ 07/27/15 05:33 AM

thanks for the responses. Andrew: i agree it is the same at the end of the day for SOME people. As for me it was my equivalent of a writers block. That crutch I felt was effectively slowing me down. Im just saying this way worked for me at least ins
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Advice by Pete14 @ 07/27/15 05:26 AM

I don't think cordless (wireless) headphones will work well for piano playing; this is due to the inherent latency.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann P212 Grand Piano by joe80 @ 07/27/15 05:09 AM

Sam in answer to your question why don't the shops in Scotland sell the higher end Chinese gear: Well, Gordon Bell Pianos in Aberdeen does sell Feurich. He used to sell Brodmann but doesn't any more. This is because James Cameron in Edinburgh was th
Jump to new posts Headphones Advice by Arabesque @ 07/27/15 05:04 AM

I am trying to find a replacement pair of headphones for practice on my Roland digital piano. I practice three to five hours at a time and so I want the best quality. I mainly practice classical music. I need headphones which deliver accurate sound a
Jump to new posts Re: Shanks & flanges -- Renner, Abel or Tokiwa? by musicbased @ 07/27/15 05:01 AM

After having issues with loose hammer heads a while ago with the WNG shanks,including some which were pre hung from WNG,I can't completely trust the super glue joint at the moment. Which is a shame. I've never really liked the idea of using super glu
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Beemer @ 07/27/15 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By cunparisOriginally Posted By Digitalguy Thanks for posting the comparison, that is very useful. I'm debating between the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" and the Surface Pro 3. I'm leaning towards the Galaxy because I
Member Recordings
[LINK HERE:] https://youtu.be/wwvoFxT9D_s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: OT - What do you eat while playing? by ChopinAddict @ 07/27/15 04:24 AM

Sometimes I drink juice, but usually I don't eat...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Here's a Kid You Should Keep Your Eyes On by ChopinAddict @ 07/27/15 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By J Joe TownleyHis name is Davit Khrikuli and I thought he did a splendid job on the 1st Listz for just 13. Apparently he started playing at 8, so he is not even one of those kids who start at 3, which makes that performance at 1
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Triplet 32nd + 2 8th Note by Nahum @ 07/27/15 03:56 AM

This notation looks like an elementary mistake; otherwise, Batuhan, you must show the notes in full, and not some segment.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Playing Mozart's Piano Pieces as Mozart Did' by wouter79 @ 07/27/15 02:50 AM

These old pianos were much lighter to play and had much less key dip. I'm sure playing thes results in entirely different body language and sound. These pianos invite for lighter, faster play. Also the sound of the piano is different, often they were
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Linda What I did was very very slow beat. Then once familiarised I sped up and it worked
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX350 vs Roland FP80 by Charles Cohen @ 07/27/15 02:26 AM

The Roland FP-80 is about 3 times as expensive as the PX-350, and 4 times the PX-150. For that extra money, you get a better -- more like an acoustic piano -- keyboard, and a better tone generator for the piano sounds. The FP-80 action isn't notic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sabre Dance by raskdog @ 07/27/15 02:22 AM

I am learning this piece at the moment. Those who know it will know it's a piece that is played very quickly. I usually prefer the slower pieces so it's a challenge for me. What is the best way to build up my speed for this? Just start slowly and gra
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Triplet 32nd + 2 8th Note by wouter79 @ 07/27/15 02:15 AM

Maybe it's a triplet inside a triplet? So first three 32ths = first eight of the bigger triplet of 3 eights They maybe made an error in that these should have been 16ths instead of 32ths
Page 77 of 85 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 84 85 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can Anyone Help with Getting Students via my Web Site?
by Publishing Guy
08/02/15 02:39 AM
My visit to the Steinway Piano Gallery to assess pianos
by shirlkirsten
08/02/15 12:16 AM
Famous pianists who were not child prodigies?
by deckard
08/01/15 10:53 PM
Tips for removing leather key bushings?
by machineintel
08/01/15 10:17 PM
Help choosing a digital baby grand
by Or Moyal
08/01/15 10:12 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,214 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,925 Topics
2,432,075 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission