Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hardman-Peck Baby Grand piano by Mark R. @ 08/18/14 04:19 PM

Steve, I'd be very interested to read your "evidence" for the oversize pins.
Jump to new posts Re: Hardman-Peck Baby Grand piano by Steve Jackson @ 08/18/14 04:15 PM

The piano has been re-pinned with oversize pins. I find CA glue has a much higher failure rate in these conditions, like almost 100%. That piano can be made into a high quality instrument. Steve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Silent piano buying advice? by Robin66 @ 08/18/14 04:15 PM

My understanding is the TransAcoustic pianos don't have strings, but instead they have electronic key sensors, a sound module, and speakers on a soundboard. Is that really a substitute for an acoustic piano?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: USD20000 for a grand piano. What are my choices? by johnlewisgrant @ 08/18/14 04:10 PM

I purchased a new 218 about 3 years ago. I'm a classical guy and have been playing for 55 years (yup... I'm a gizzer). I've been fortunate to play a few really terrific pianos, the kind your ears and fingers "remember." Certainly, Steinw
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
First of all, with the home models, the speakers are the biggest limitation. A decent set of nearfield monitors ($150 (US)/pr and up) might be a good investment if you are worried about sound quality. Second, I've seen a fairly unwarranted bias on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 08/18/14 04:09 PM

Next Bach comin' up. . . 25. Trapper John. Drama and power in this wi a dark edge. Good job here particularly with the key change. .L Webber was many folk's fave. His wife had her admirers too,. . 26. dpaws. Good sound for this type o' music. W
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by wouter79 @ 08/18/14 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoMy intention was at least to make the phrases connected using the pedal, and to accentuate the melody (right hand melody in the first bars 1-8, right hand 8th notes on the beats in bars 9-15 and again the right hand melo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by wouter79 @ 08/18/14 04:02 PM

WimPiano piece: Schumann - Op. 68 No. 3 - Trallerliedchen (Humming Song) technical: clipping: no balance L/R: ok noise: little noise. Something rattles along at a few notes, probably something loose on the lid or fallboard (0:25), you may want a lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pinky Hurts by DancerJ @ 08/18/14 04:01 PM

I meant a three note chord in the order of C-F-A with 1-3-5 fingers on my right hand. Somehow my left hand is OK.
I would really love to see some pictures. Is that possible?
Jump to new posts Re: Sturdy support for digital piano? by skiranged @ 08/18/14 03:58 PM

I have this Proel platform-type stand (http://www.proel.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_8_45_178&product_id=3524) that I got at my local music shop maybe 10 years ago (about $100). They sell a version without the 2nd tier, although
Jump to new posts Re: On online tuning education programs by Mark R. @ 08/18/14 03:40 PM

I think that it's kinda rich to make statements about "anyone in the business", if you're not even in the business yourself. Good-quality knowledge on tuning is NOT widely available for free. Anyone who says that it is, is exposing himself
The only one like it that I've encountered was an A.B. Chase grand.
Originally Posted By: peterwsEr, excuse me! Nobody's mentioned the good ole reliable and highly sophisticated DGX 650 from Yamaha. Plenty for any newcomer to get their teeth into with easy 6 track recordable features audio input for playing along to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 35 --- General Discussion Room by Monica K. @ 08/18/14 03:32 PM

16. 8 Octaves - Sonatina in F Major, 1st Mvmt.: Single take?! Very impressive! Love the dainty, lilting feel you give this piece. 17. JimF - Its All in the Game: I’ve seen some Jarrett transcriptions before, and they’re pretty intimidating, even
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jan Ekier died on 8/15 by Mark_C @ 08/18/14 03:31 PM

Thank you for posting it, and thanks to WR for fixing the link. I am so sad -- I had reveled in his continuing life, and was hoping beyond hope to perhaps meet him someday at one of the events of the Chopin organization with which he was involved for
Jump to new posts Re: Piano exams on digital pianos. by Jay Roland @ 08/18/14 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: littlebirdblueOriginally Posted By: Jay RolandWe have put newer models in front of the Examining board since the first time, and the improvements have been noted by them by the extended use of certain models at all grade levels.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Friends will be friends (ask for sheets) by Lilia Ahmetzyanova @ 08/18/14 03:21 PM

Now all my arrangements (for which I've made scores), can be downloaded directly (without registration) and still free of charge. Just press the links that I posted under my demonstration videos. Ouff, now life gets easier!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pinky Hurts by Michael Sayers @ 08/18/14 03:18 PM

Hi Jim, I am wondering if DancerJ means a three note F Major chord ("F-A-C" for instance) or a four note chord (this could be "F-A-C-F") . . . and what composition it is in. There isn't a lot of information to go on. Hitting th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pinky Hurts by Michael Sayers @ 08/18/14 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DancerJSince the sound my pinky makes is so feeble, I have been trying to hit the keys hard with it. Now it hurts a little. When I feel pain, I stop and give it a break until it feels OK. Is it a normal process? There are ways
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the term for this common musical structure? by Mark_C @ 08/18/14 03:15 PM

Indeed, I think there isn't really a term for it, although I imagine people have sometimes created their own, none of which ever got picked up as a standard term. ("Sonata form" is synonymous with "sonata allegro form" and refers
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: USD20000 for a grand piano. What are my choices? by Furtwangler @ 08/18/14 03:12 PM

Here is a Hailun 218 in action. This piano can be purchased for about 1/3 the price of a new Steinway B. Is it as good as a Steinway B? I didn't say that. But I will say this - several of my friends own Steinways - Ls, Ms, and an old C - and I woul
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Mawliet @ 08/18/14 03:12 PM

Ok so i got it to record but the sound quality is horrible. It sounds nothing like it did on my other computer. Is there some setting in audacity I should check that I dont know of?
Jump to new posts Re: Sturdy support for digital piano? by dmd @ 08/18/14 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: moleskincrusherOthers I believe just push the bars in and move the supports to their lowest possible position, below the holes. So, are you telling me that if you remove the "stopper" from the stand and just let it s
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: beet31425It's the common format for major works: -- Allegro first movement in sonata form -- Slower movement -- Faster minuet/scherzo with trio -- Rondo finale. Maybe the order of the middle movements is switched; maybe there
Page 77 of 106 < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 105 106 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
144 registered (accordeur, Alpiano, *windowlicker*, aesop, 45 invisible), 1720 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75920 Members
42 Forums
156890 Topics
2305254 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Stabilise tuning on old grand
by michaelopolis
08/23/14 02:18 PM
Pierre-Laurent Aimard Ticket for sale
by Fugue14
08/23/14 01:18 PM
A New Piano Brand is Coming
by Steve Cohen
08/23/14 12:21 PM
YAMAHA SILENT PIANO HQ 300 SX - Information please!
by ernani
08/23/14 10:52 AM
CA95 and HP-508
by Alpiano
08/23/14 09:47 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission