Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Since Liebestraume goes from pp to ff, I would think it would be OK! At least, I play the middle section louder than any other piece I've played! I second Bartok's Romanian dances, they are fun and a good change from what you've done. Without using
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Official: Fryderyk Chopin died of TB! by chopin_r_us @ 09/17/14 01:48 PM

Hold on a minute Polish medical experts say that the preserved heart of 19th century composer Frederic Chopin shows signs of tuberculosis and possibly some other lung disease. The findings seem to corroborate Chopin's 1849 death certificate which sa
Adult Beginners Forum
zrtf90: I think the Mozart D major and the Beethoven 2/3 are probably too hard. It's hard to tell from the short list given, but I have to assume the OP hasn't worked on a first movement of a sonata before if they didn't list it. So good starters for
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Trapwork by Zeno Wood @ 09/17/14 01:42 PM

There are three pedals, so figure out where each of those pedals connects to. There are three places where they push a dowel through the keybed (right and middle pedals) or connect to the cast iron shift arm (left pedal.) To get a hint, go to a pia
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by eugene_bb @ 09/17/14 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: PhilipInChinaOriginally Posted By: pianoloverus Would you buy a consignment piano you liked if you knew the dealer got 80%? Yes, if the price were acceptable.In that case, I think "accept
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by zrtf90 @ 09/17/14 01:31 PM

Blimey, it's like the olds days! Nice to see you again, KeysAngler. It's been a long, long, long,...long time! Sorry about the bike everyone. No, it's not mine. But I do go on like it! While we're in guitar mode...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by WilliamTruitt @ 09/17/14 01:28 PM

As someone who has put a voicing needle into more sets of hammers than I can count, I can assure you that felt density can vary considerably within the same sheet and, indeed, even within the same hammer. That is not at all uncommon. So it is not
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: TidesI've been taking for several years now.Time to start putting back! Pieces with a bit of bravura, or a bit more than the two pieces you're doing, and avoiding Bach and Brahms, obviously: Baroque: Scarlatti, K. 141 (D Mino
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: When interpretation varies greatly? by BDB @ 09/17/14 01:22 PM

Both interpretations are correct. The more correct one is the one you like better at the moment you are playing or listening to it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: When interpretation varies greatly? by BruceD @ 09/17/14 01:22 PM

There is often quite a wide "stretch" between very conventional interpretations and extreme ones, all the while remaining within acceptable limits. I would suggest that your daughter not be too swayed by interpretations of others, for, as
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: BDBIn both cases, it is not the sound I would like to get from a piano. LOL...of course not: you must also proportionally soften and set the surface area of the strike point to match! Obviously, it would be best to use a spare h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Official: Fryderyk Chopin died of TB! by BruceD @ 09/17/14 01:14 PM

Under what circumstances and what research has this "new" information come to light? Is it new? I thought we knew this all along. Regards,
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTBDB, Thanks for the report. Unfortunately it is not representative enough to produce a valid comparison. The felt density of hammer 88 is way too hard to function with adequate non-linear damping at middle C, as
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts When interpretation varies greatly? by 3times2 @ 09/17/14 01:13 PM

Please be kind with my ignorance, I post in an attempt to learn all that I can in order to help my very musical kids that this non-musician has been blessed with. My teenage daughter is currently playing Chopin's Polonaise, Op. 53, in A-Flat. She a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by KeysAngler @ 09/17/14 01:07 PM

Hello fizikisto, At last I know the name of that type of guitar. I was watching a Ben Harper video and my wife asked me what type of guitar he was playing and I had no idea. Now I know. Thank you. Definitely a mellow, laid back sound. Very nice. I
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Congrats! It looks great - love the Steinway badge.
Originally Posted By: madbladeThank you all so far, I was aware of the Kawai VPC1 but seems a little pricey especially especially if I still have to buy software. I'm not opposed to using a computer with software on the keyboard, but is there someth
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Actions (touch & feel ) New Vs Vintage by WilliamTruitt @ 09/17/14 01:03 PM

Chris Chernobieff: Having just read your remarks to Ed McMorrow, I see them as inappropriate and uncalled for. You owe Ed an apology for floating your unnamed aspersions. Shame on you. Will Truitt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the Typical Piano Commission Split? by pianoloverus @ 09/17/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaOriginally Posted By: pianoloverus Would you buy a consignment piano you liked if you knew the dealer got 80%? Yes, if the price were acceptable.In that case, I think "acceptable" would have to mean that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by turandot @ 09/17/14 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyTurandot, A dealer linked to his sales site which had all of the canned info about the Fridolin. . Originally Posted By: chernobieff New pictures of the Schimmel-Nelson piano factory! http://antiquepianoempori
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Hakki @ 09/17/14 01:00 PM

Bravo!! Of course this is a very authoritative playing of this work. I hear three different people playing this sonata in this video. First it starts in a formal sonata form. Just plain playing in strict time without any extra pauses in rests and t
Originally Posted By: Charles CohenI'm using the Pianoteq "Bluthner". I've _never_ complained about "weak bass" -- it's massive, IMHO. Maybe my ears are faulty? Maybe I've forgotten what an acoustic piano sounds like? .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fall 2014 Piano Buyer now online by Steve Cohen @ 09/17/14 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve RamirezIt remains a mystery to me why Steinway NY cannot get its act together so that it can be classified with the 1st tier instruments. Here's a guess. They can't hire enough highly skilled technicians to do final prepa
Piano Forum
Hi Ed, How much would you charge to undo the light hammer procedure if requested?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Leutke Leipzig info by Gardenergirl @ 09/17/14 12:48 PM

Thanks so much for everyone's help!
Page 77 of 87 < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86 87 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Exorcist movie main theme
by Danijelcro
Today at 12:03 PM
Free Cunningham Piano Company Grand Piano
by Rich D.
Today at 11:05 AM
Baldwin capo: a metallic-buzz sound generating system
by A443
Today at 11:00 AM
MP11 sustain pedal (F30) release: possible issue?
by kanadajin
Today at 10:59 AM
Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help
by YoungNoir
Today at 10:22 AM
Who's Online
140 registered (accordeur, anotherscott, ajames, acortot, 38 invisible), 1627 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157709 Topics
2316580 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission