Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
149 registered (accordeur, alerique, Alexander Borro, ajames, 8ude, 36 invisible), 1724 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Finished my recording (and video) of the short prelude bwv939 last weekend. Could be better (isn't that always true?), but I'm fairly happy with it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Goldberg variations - Glenn Gould's tempo by laguna_greg @ 02/05/16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By PlowboySvenno, you might check out Rosalyn Turecks version for another take on the tempo. I too have always been in love with Turek's playing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 6 months on... by barbaram @ 02/05/16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By Ataru074 And again, let's don't confuse "practice" with "having fun". The former build up skills but the second does pretty much nothing, it is like re-reading the same book over and over, doesn't really do an
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by ando @ 02/05/16 11:16 AM

Last time I went to the movies, after 1 minute I realised I couldn't make it through 2 hours of this sort of auditory abuse. I went to talk to the manager and they turned it down. I gave them a warning about sound levels and hearing damage and said t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recording advice needed by laguna_greg @ 02/05/16 11:14 AM

If you're going to use the onboard mic's, it's better to place them at the curve of the piano, pointing right at the treble. The mic's themselves should be pointing inward on the their x/y axes, not out. It also makes a big difference if you can us
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by barbaram @ 02/05/16 11:11 AM

Brian, you are flying! Tell me that's not all since 1 Jan :-)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts a card deck by Maximillyan @ 02/05/16 11:02 AM

One card is not in this card deck. What? https://youtu.be/-EMarsQgWdg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha GC1M by BrianDX @ 02/05/16 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By CHRISTIAN1325What would a Flawless looking and playing 2010 Yamaha GC1M go for in the used market? Got quoted $16,500......$17,900 OTD. I don't want to get into specifics, but we were quoted quite a bit less than that for a bran
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Rich Galassini @ 02/05/16 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATL Rich, I'll be curious to learn if you and other Estonia dealers eventually stock this style. Feel free to share the photos with any of your customers who might want to see more of the variety of styles available.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 02/05/16 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By PFredCongratz mom3gram! +10! Are you immediately moving on to Book 2?
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by prout @ 02/05/16 10:50 AM

My wife and I go to the movies about twice a year. We always wear earplugs which provide about 20db attenuation. We can still hear and feel everything. Makes going to the movies enjoyable...again.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ 02/05/16 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By BrianDX1. Aurora Borealis (Faber) (OC) 2. King William's March (Clarke) (OF) 3. Toccata in C (Op. 101, No. 29) (Czerny) (OF) 4. Maple Leaf Rag (Joplin) (AR) 5. Menuet en Rondeau (Rameau) (OF) 6. Climbing Mountains (Faber) (OC) 7.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Hi, Don -- Thank you for the update on your repairs to your neighbor's spinet. It sounds, from your report on the low E-flat, as if you were not the first person to try to improve the little guy! Reviewing the discussion, I see that the points wher
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by TonyB @ 02/05/16 10:43 AM

I fully agree with you on this. I don't care to go to movies or much in the way of live music because it all seems to need to be way too loud. I often wonder how people heard anything before there was this massive over-amplification (rhetorically,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by Orange Soda King @ 02/05/16 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Peter K. MoseHowever you handle this, I would wait until the close of the semester. You want this professor to continue to give you her all, and the likelihood is that she no longer will once you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by pianoloverus @ 02/05/16 10:34 AM

Is the plate the usual color found on other Estonia models? In the picture it looks somewhat different(more yellowish), almost as if it was chosen to match the light veneer. Is this model the previously available Victorian style Estonia model(don't
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by PianoWorksATL @ 02/05/16 10:28 AM

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Frank, Indrek & his family are doing well. I learned that he will be visiting Raleigh, NC with an Estonian delegation in only a few months, but I don't have any dates. Maybe someday you'll want a L21
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by ChatNoir @ 02/05/16 10:26 AM

How is it possible to ever cover that beautiful music desk with sheet music?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by pianoloverus @ 02/05/16 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. MoseHowever you handle this, I would wait until the close of the semester. You want this professor to continue to give you her all, and the likelihood is that she no longer will once you tell her. Not if she is a good an
Adult Beginners Forum
When a person is playing in a band or studio situation as the guy in the video claims to be, s/he develops his or her own "system" or "shorthand" to streamline what that person needs to know/remember to play the part. I played gu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by sor @ 02/05/16 10:16 AM

Bill thank you Im glad you enjoyed it. Glen, interesting you should say that , usually when I learn a song on my piano I also find performances of it on youtube in order to get a feel on how it should be voiced or phrased or which version I like be
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By MorodieneI haven't watched the video, but from the description it sounds to me like something that is best left alone for now. Transposing because a singer may need a different key only happens if you frequently accompany singers
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by RudessJR @ 02/05/16 10:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqGnSqeIMs 1:45 Jazz scat voices.
Jump to new posts OT sound levels in the cinema by Dave Horne @ 02/05/16 10:10 AM

I rarely do this in the afternoon, but I went to the movies. In my immediate area there are three cinemas. I typically avoid one of the three because the sound levels are almost always too loud or just a bit too loud, never too soft or spot on. Ov
I believe my DGX630 sounded on the recording. Mightve been part of the sampling, but it sounded like the thud of the keys mixed in with the rest of the stuff, which I liked. Not present on the 650 model, or the Roland FP50 (Ivory feel G). Shall che
Page 77 of 90 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 89 90 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I don't know what to play?!?!?!
by Eliturbo
02/11/16 12:24 PM
Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH?
by Amsterdampianist
02/11/16 06:51 AM
Assistance with reading structure
by imustlearn
02/11/16 03:49 AM
Audacity/Recording problems
by jotur
02/10/16 10:43 PM
Melville Clark Baby Grand- any info??
by Shell1250
02/10/16 08:46 PM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,407 Topics
2,494,285 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission