Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
99 registered (Anita Potter, AndyJoe, anamnesis, angga888, 36251, 27 invisible), 1423 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity and condensation by spanishbuddha @ 11/21/14 04:45 PM

Ask for advice in the technicians forum, good luck.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Inside out piano by Herr Weiss @ 11/21/14 04:39 PM

Very interesting piano!! I will peruse the photos, thank you. Thank God it's bolted to the wall! (my first thought) HW
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity and condensation by maurus @ 11/21/14 04:38 PM

An acoustic piano in these conditions (strongly varying humidity and condensation in particular) will deteriorate so quickly that it will be a quick loss of money and, what's more, much too cruel to a precious musical instrument. Covers etc. won't he
Hi,I'm coming to this late, but I've had a couple of noisy, too-loud keys in my nu1. Decided it might be dust in the sensors, so I gently hoovered the keyboard. Push down each key, hoover hose in proximity but not touching. Seems to have cured it. N
Its a long process. Be sure to bring your water bottle!
Jump to new posts Re: Using a headphone make me feel a bit dizzy by Peter071 @ 11/21/14 04:28 PM

Thank you for all the replies. I have the hearing test in two weeks. But I will try my own headphone on a DP in a store, and compare it with a headphone from the store. During the day I play on an acoustic Yamaha. But in the evening I use the DP wi
Pianist Corner
Definitely the second version, and I haven't even finished listening to it!
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by SMHaley @ 11/21/14 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Silverwood Pianos Is a presumptuous pile of crap. But hey lets blame all of those terribly dishonest piano tuners everywhere, because they don’t care, they are tired, they are impatient, and whatever else one can presume about o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by Riddler @ 11/21/14 04:22 PM

Thanks to all who listened to my piece and commented so thoughtfully and so generously. I deeply appreciate it. Originally Posted By: jazztpt... 16. Riddler (Ed) - Warsaw Concerto Somehow I know this , the name of the piece and also the melody
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 - Midi - Play From Usb Stick by Frédéric L @ 11/21/14 04:21 PM

Yes, the CA95 support Standard MIDI File (see page 54 of the manual). But... it will render only the instrument it knows about (or render the notes of a unkown instrument with a default one). If you take a random MIDI file, it will generaly use some
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a returner by JohnSprung @ 11/21/14 04:18 PM

You can do it either way. There are a lot who have teachers, and a lot self taught, like myself. If you're in the USA or another country that has community colleges, you might see if they have extension classes for beginning piano.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Hakkicarey, this was very good as always. I am always impressed by your clean and thoughtful playing, be it a little piece like this or a major work. And your piano sounds great. Thank you Hakki. Of course - I can say the sam
Adult Beginners Forum
[quote=Johan B Time to study something new.......surprise her....... Best regards, Johan B [/quote] Alas, it doesn't quite work that way. I'm working on "Begin the Beguine" right now, trying to decide on chords, voicings, dropping
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fairyland in Treble - duets by Nikolas @ 11/21/14 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: careyI'm sure the composer of the original prelude would approve. Who? What? When? Who on earth gave you the idea that there's a certain someone who composed a prelude that is the original version, huh? I'm very much insult
Jump to new posts Re: Best Headphone for CLP-585 by EssBrace @ 11/21/14 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: mabraman Most of generic headphones wich are for home use (hi-fi, pc) are not good for piano. They are going to alter the natural sound of your Yamaha. I disagree. Crikey. Twice in one day. I ag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by Kingfish_g6 @ 11/21/14 04:04 PM

Space is an issue and I have been impressed with Steinway. If space is not an issue, I might go with a Model M or O. I know there are other good options out there with Yamaha, (others will probably disagree) or Schimmel. My wife has a 2006 Petrof upr
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach WTC: Good Editions? by DaveInJapan @ 11/21/14 04:04 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. Quote:AZNPiano: I've been using Henle, but I might switch to Barenreiter for all of my students. Is there something in particular about the Baerenreiter edition of WTC that is preferable to Henle? Also, are you ref
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Ganddalf @ 11/21/14 04:00 PM

This is one of the few evenings I really had the opportunity to practice. I'm currently brushing up some Mendelssohn pieces I played for the themed recital some time ago (and even a few of the ones I didn't submit for the recital). Then I have been w
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - Quick Review by Paul Mann @ 11/21/14 03:51 PM

I was talking about my experience with the Acoustic Piano sounds: Concert Grand, Bright Grand and Mello Grand. I was using AKG 240 headphones (I think that is the number), which cost $99 about 20 years ago and they sound much better than the Yamaha
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity and condensation by emenelton @ 11/21/14 03:51 PM

Just an observation. Every acoustic I have seen in places like that are wrecks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kemble KS-Win question by maserman1 @ 11/21/14 03:49 PM

I don't know where you are located so it's not possible to suggest a price where you are. In the UK it would probably sell for between 3000 and 3500 GBP, if in good well maintained condition. The standard Windsor model is well thought of, so the sile
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller GH170R - Update 3 Years Later by Jonathan Alford @ 11/21/14 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: NorbertHi Jonathan: Congrats again to your piano, very fine choice! Not saying this because we're dealers but because we have a very large number of very happy customers for same piano! Voicing is something that should be dis
Jump to new posts Re: Best Headphone for CLP-585 by bennevis @ 11/21/14 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: mabraman Most of generic headphones wich are for home use (hi-fi, pc) are not good for piano. They are going to alter the natural sound of your Yamaha. I disagree. The best headphones for digitals are also the best ones for h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by JohnSprung @ 11/21/14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: JonathanNVWhen I was seeking a new grand piano, I had hoped to find one which in style matched the other ultra-modern furnishings of my home. Jonathan, go check out the "Odd Baldwin" thread on this forum. It could
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Advice for a returner by tried42long @ 11/21/14 03:40 PM

Hi, everyone. I'm just a 21 year old guy. I had piano lessons for about 5-6 years when I was 9. Due to distractions in life, it just kinda faded away. I remember my last pieces were labeled "Grade 4" in a piece book. Somehow, I managed t
Page 77 of 108 < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 107 108 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is it really possible to ignore fingerings?
by bjorn of brekkukot
11/26/14 08:29 PM
Recording equipment advice
by aceydawg
11/26/14 07:48 PM
Whip those springs into shape
by A454.7
11/26/14 06:29 PM
New Yamaha CLP-545 or used CLP-270/280 ???
by Panpiano
11/26/14 06:28 PM
Wanted to say hi
by patty5sewing
11/26/14 05:43 PM
Forum Stats
77063 Members
42 Forums
159383 Topics
2341270 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission