Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
87 registered (Anticlock, AZNpiano, armani, Bachus, 24 invisible), 984 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by Cinnamonbear @ 05/18/15 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By Scriabin67Originally Posted By Patrick Draine#1) If you're breaking strings on a new piano in the showroom ... you need to concentrate on your technique (i.e. don't overpull as much as you did, &/or pay more attention to whic
My New Piano!
KBS, I'm happy for you, Glad to hear there is a dealer in New Paltz, NY--and a very good one for you at that. I'll check it out next time I'm there. Best wishes-
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Sonata C Minor op.10/1, First Movement by Cinnamonbear @ 05/18/15 12:32 AM

Yes, your poor Beethoven! Why anyone would write anything in C minor is beyond me! But, that is not your problem... Despite the calculated execution, which is very much a factor of your scholarship, there is something incredibly spontaneous ab
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to develop finger muscles by Mark_C @ 05/18/15 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By BruceDYou should correct the basic fallacy of your premise; the fingers do not contain muscles. Actually they do. There are these little things called lumbricals and interossei that are considered to be muscles, although tiny one
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Wow, thanks for all the quick replies and great info! A couple other things I'll mention. I ruled out the MP11 out of hand due to its 71.5 lbs. I hadn't looked into the MP 7 , but after reading this, I read some more reviews of it. Seems like a numbe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts closed thanks by pivionster @ 05/18/15 12:22 AM

Thank you.
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by BDB @ 05/18/15 12:20 AM

You can order strings from the factory or distributor, but the dealer will not be happy having an unsaleable piano on the floor until the string comes in. The Kawai service manual that I have says that they sent the measurements to string winders so
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to develop finger muscles by BruceD @ 05/18/15 12:13 AM

You should correct the basic fallacy of your premise; the fingers do not contain muscles. Moreover, there are women who are members here; I am not sure that they appreciate being called "guys."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How to develop finger muscles by piano_friend @ 05/18/15 12:02 AM

These are my thoughts about improving finger muscles https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLm5WQleMU0B07FTfj2Pgx3MzEp9VpI4Mn&v=q5HnC3auAwc Hope that will be interesting for you guys!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein B208 or Schimmel K230 by Norbert @ 05/17/15 11:57 PM

Quote: I don't know all the material differences between the Bechstein and C.Bechstein pianos but I have no doubt the Bechstein grands are still high quality instruments. "Material differences" can only be assessed when specs are carefully
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Hozier - Take me to church (Advanced Piano Cover) by AdvancedPianoCover @ 05/17/15 11:53 PM

https://youtu.be/h8tJa6E0bXQ I hope you like it!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Logo: Why were the logo designs different? by Karl Watson @ 05/17/15 11:47 PM

Absolutely NO question. The Olde English style is by far the best. All the others are just a bit tacky, IMHO. Karl Watson, Staten Island, NY
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein B208 or Schimmel K230 by backto_study_piano @ 05/17/15 11:46 PM

Have a look at the Market Map on PianoBuyer ( http://www.pianobuyer.com/spring15/40.html#map ) - it looks to me that it has both B Bechstein and Konzert Schimmels in the same tier. The key is to buy the piano you like (balanced with available $$$).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why shut down the Petrof thread? by Norbert @ 05/17/15 11:45 PM

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with Petrof prices. One just would need to have them discounted them by about 50% before they could pose a threat to anybody. Luckily no dealers I know seem to want or have to do this. Oh, did I say
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How not to sell a piano... by willem van suijdam @ 05/17/15 11:44 PM

All good and point taken. I am a sales person and try to be a good one, however some customers come to the store and the first thing they do is telling me how my pianos are much too expensive. They bring 2 kids that storm into the store and ram thems
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How not to sell a piano... by backto_study_piano @ 05/17/15 11:30 PM

In 1980, I bought a Nissan from a small town dealer who also sold Mercedes Benz. He had a very nice Mercedes waiting for delivery. I remarked about it, and he told me the story. It was for an almost-elderly farmer from quite a distance away who ha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Norbert @ 05/17/15 11:27 PM

Quote:May I suggest you try a piano with a WNG composite action. Like you, I have tried at least 50 pianos on a "search my dreampiano" trip to USA, and one thing that caught me up with the one I chose (M&H BB) was the lightness and unif
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going Independent by John v.d.Brook @ 05/17/15 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By oldbegoniaAs for risks, to me the biggest has always been the potential for a lawsuit. . . . . Worse, some drama queen decides to accuse him of inappropriate touching. I know this would never, ever happen. He wouldn’t, ever in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Site by fizikisto @ 05/17/15 11:20 PM

It seems that Rachel is leaning towards having the video content available as streamed video. Presumably through the fundamental keys website. She hasn't said when they will be available for purchase, but I suspect that it will be soon as all the har
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: POST-WAR BALDWINS by Retsacnal @ 05/17/15 11:19 PM

So, if you want the the coolest Baldwin logo, you have to go with an older one!
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rich D.Originally Posted By Retsacnal My 1950 has the logo below on it. Best looking. Rich I agree!
Adult Beginners Forum
PURR-suhl. This is the way WCRB Classical Radio of Boston pronounces it. That's good enough for me. I'm a New Englander.
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by Scriabin67 @ 05/17/15 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By Patrick Draine#1) If you're breaking strings on a new piano in the showroom ... you need to concentrate on your technique (i.e. don't overpull as much as you did, &/or pay more attention to which tuning pin you're on before p
Adult Beginners Forum
pro hockey player is named Teddie PURcell. A friend of mine who grew up and lives in northern maine which is french influenced is Mike purCELL.
Piano Teachers Forum
Just wanted to let you guys know we picked a piece! Grieg Waltz Caprice, Op. 37, No. 2 We went through my ideas and the ones here (thanks, everybody--such great stuff, I really want to find someone to play all of this with myself!) and mostly my fr
Page 77 of 105 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 104 105 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
05/22/15 09:09 PM
And so the search begins...
by Caine
05/22/15 08:55 PM
Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play
by briandang
05/22/15 08:30 PM
What to check for when buying a used DP?
by Nimi1
05/22/15 05:40 PM
String levelling issue?
by Chris Warren
05/22/15 04:59 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,255 Topics
2,409,367 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission