Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sustaining vs Dead On Unison by tonyster220763 @ 10/15/14 05:52 AM

Also, I tried a Yamaha model something (don't recall) in the conservatory that my son is studying piano in. I did a test on the skeleton (F3-A3 etc..) and I could hear the beats as clean as if the strings were isolated. It was a clean equal temperame
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyXtW700vQ8 I was lucky to to see his concert at the jazz festival in Carnegie Hall - he towered over all the pianists of the festival as a true giant .
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 - no MIDI activity into USB 3 by dire tonic @ 10/15/14 05:46 AM

KP362.SYS has been evicted and it's evident during the check screen that it finds no driver (the generic driver is still in place in the device manager)...and incidentally, no indication of anything on the second item down on the list labelled 'VPC1
Originally Posted By: jtsnSo Ivory Feel G is comparable to Yamaha's GHS? Yes, I would say so.
Thanks for the photos, lolatu. PHA alpha II and Ivory G may be based on the same model, but they felt completely different to me (though it's ages since I tried PHA alpha II). PHA alpha was not at all conducive to playing, whereas Ivory-G was un-pi
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding glide bolts by electone2007 @ 10/15/14 05:40 AM

Thank you, rxd!
Jump to new posts Re: PTG Video on Upright Aftertouch by Paul678 @ 10/15/14 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerIt is a good video. The only source of confusion, which I made a thread about once, is that it focuses a lot on the gap between the hammer butt and the jack, as if this gap was only dependent on after touch. It is
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by Dave King @ 10/15/14 05:24 AM

As of 15 Oct 2014, Kawai Europe has announced the CN35 for November availability and has posted YouTube demos and product literature in both English and German. Links to the English versions are listed below. Kawai CN35 Digital Piano Demo http://ww
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 - no MIDI activity into USB 3 by dire tonic @ 10/15/14 05:23 AM

- i'll try and fish it out!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by CarlosCC @ 10/15/14 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By: malkin"No" can be pretty hard to hear, but it means that he believes you can do better. I believe it too, for all of us. Yes, me too Ups and downs... well, that's quite familiar to me. As you know, I don't have a te
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding glide bolts by rxd @ 10/15/14 05:08 AM

A quick way to check if they are too tight is to lift the stem of the glide bold by grasping it with the fingers and pulling upwards. It should knock with very slight lifting and sound solid when the stem is returned to normal. Check all of them wit
The Ravenscroft has 12 velocity layers
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-assessing my goal by wimpiano @ 10/15/14 05:05 AM

I was giving your post another thought which left me wondering: Do you want to play the Liszt Paganini Etude or do you want to play the Liszt Paganini Etude just as the pianist in the video? For me for instance, I would like to be able to play: -Sc
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 - no MIDI activity into USB 3 by Kawai James @ 10/15/14 05:03 AM

The driver file is named 'KP362.SYS'. If you are able to search the Windows folder for this file (there may be two instances, due to driver backups), then delete the file and restart Windows, this should be enough to fully install the Kawai USB-MIDI
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding glide bolts by electone2007 @ 10/15/14 05:01 AM

Thank you for your reply Isaac. I asked this question because on my two year old Hailun 178, NONE of the glide bolts were in contact with the key bed. That is, I took out the keys and put on the action with blocks, and ALL SEVEN glide bolts allowed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-assessing my goal by shah @ 10/15/14 04:58 AM

Thanks. It really reminds me of golfing which started 7 years ago. Today, I still can't break 90. I took lessons from several teaching pros but could not progress. On top of that I kept changing equipments believing that they will lower my handicap.
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 - no MIDI activity into USB 3 by dire tonic @ 10/15/14 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai Jamesdire tonic, I think the fact that the VPC Editor is still showing the Kawai USB-MIDI driver (v2.1) may have something to do with things. Again, I'll keep you posted on any further suggestions. Cheers, James x yes,
Jump to new posts Re: PTG Video on Upright Aftertouch by pinkfloydhomer @ 10/15/14 04:49 AM

It is a good video. The only source of confusion, which I made a thread about once, is that it focuses a lot on the gap between the hammer butt and the jack, as if this gap was only dependent on after touch. It is also very much dependent on checking
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 - no MIDI activity into USB 3 by Kawai James @ 10/15/14 04:44 AM

dire tonic, I think the fact that the VPC Editor is still showing the Kawai USB-MIDI driver (v2.1) may have something to do with things. Again, I'll keep you posted on any further suggestions. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: MarkarianAngaa, that stamped number is Steinway's case number, if I'm not mistaken. While a Steinway is being manufactured, it is identified with a four digit case number that tracks all the parts through the manufacturing proce
Adult Beginners Forum
It sounds like you have a very positive attitude about all of this Casinintaly, and clearly you will rise to the occasion and put in the effort to get past this rough patch. It is always hard. We all work so hard, and when we get reminded of how har
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 - no MIDI activity into USB 3 by dire tonic @ 10/15/14 04:28 AM

Thanks for the feedback Jack. Are you running OS 8 or 8.1? (can't be 7 with a new computer, I guess). I take your point (1) - I overlooked that myself a few times at the outset but I know that the VPC1 is live because I'm getting the little blue han
Jump to new posts Re: Roland PHA vs lightweight action: pictures! by peterws @ 10/15/14 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: jtsnSo Ivory Feel G is comparable to Yamaha's GHS? From my experience, no. The pivot length is pretty good for a lightweight (cheap) action and probably compares with Kawai's on their Rh2 models. And those of modern Casio pia
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding glide bolts by Olek @ 10/15/14 04:25 AM

It is not on all glide bolts the same. It is not the same with all key frame, while I think you are right with the directions of motion. Some pianos are really more stable than other. (Steinway for instance, assuming the key frame have not been
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relax Stretch exercises by Nahum @ 10/15/14 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPO-zST-7EE I would not recommend an exercise in 0:33 . For piano players it does nothing, but may harm - this is a weak point in the hand.
Page 77 of 101 < 1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 100 101 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Connect virtual piano to a loopstation?
by Fannix-kun
6 minutes 32 seconds ago
Happy Birthday Charles Ives!!
by Dfrankjazz
52 minutes 58 seconds ago
False beating and unison tuning
by SMHaley
Today at 12:41 PM
Erard/Linke - Obtaining info from Museum of Music - France
by wdmcjrd
Today at 11:59 AM
First Pianniversary
by PhilipInChina
Today at 10:06 AM
Who's Online
150 registered (ajames, 36251, accordeur, AB Forum Recital, 38 invisible), 1712 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76594 Members
42 Forums
158380 Topics
2325689 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission