Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
143 registered (anrpiano, Anne'sson, agraffe, Alex MacPhee, 35 invisible), 1351 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber & Sohne A168 (Salon grand) by iLaw @ 05/23/16 05:18 PM

I'm with Karl on this. I've never known a working pianist who keeps the top open. Larry.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Simone Dinnerstein by Carey @ 05/23/16 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By Eldridge I quite enjoyed most of her playing, though she ruined the slow movement of the sonata with no fewer than seven memory lapses. When I got home I played her marvelous recording of the Goldbergs to remind myself of what sh
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: An Duck's Last Quack Because He's in My Sights by casinitaly @ 05/23/16 05:18 PM

The title is a bit odd, but the music is really delightful!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by Polyphonist @ 05/23/16 05:17 PM

Neither. They're both awful.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by JoelW @ 05/23/16 05:17 PM

People always say Beethoven was the greatest but Mozart is pretty great too. How can they possibly be compared? Let's take a vote. I'm going to withhold my vote as to not influence the thread.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by casinitaly @ 05/23/16 05:16 PM

And a few more thanks! Originally Posted By outoYou play these so lovely, with a lot of feeling. Conratulations! Thanks Outo - playing with feeling came with familiarity ... I really played these pieces a lot! Originally Posted By Marie JThese
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Windows for Glitch-Free Audio by ElmerJFudd @ 05/23/16 05:15 PM

In addition to using a sound card with proper ASIO drivers - (could be onboard audio with ASIO4ALL, or a USB solution from any number of manufacturers with proprietary drivers), I would suggest using a DPC Latency Checker to see if you having anythin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin preludes ranked by Carey @ 05/23/16 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By musica71What about Op.45 c# min.? That one is so bad it's not even on the list. Actually, it was so good that Chopin gave it a separate opus number.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mellow Piano Question by oldmancoyote @ 05/23/16 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By Rickster[quote=johnbarnesiii]when it comes to playing the piano, you don't have to be all that good to be entertaining. All the best! Rick Or as Pollini would no doubt have said: "one doesn't need to be entertaining when
Jump to new posts Re: How much time do u spend practising ? by ElmerJFudd @ 05/23/16 05:12 PM

In my youth, 2 to 4 hours a day. In my 40s. I play daily, but only "practice" what I need to know for whatever is coming up next.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin preludes ranked by Carey @ 05/23/16 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CWe're neglecting a lot of other great composers. I think next we should do Bach. What is Bach's worst piece? Just to get the ball rolling, I nominate the B minor Mass. I agree - that Mass is a complete Mess - but, eve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with a built in screen by Rich Galassini @ 05/23/16 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOne potential problem with touch screens is the "swipe" feature. If you swipe too quickly, you may skip a page or two as the pages slide by. Yet, when playing, you may have only a fraction of a second to swipe,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etudes vs preludes by JoelW @ 05/23/16 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By JoelWWhich are better? I really don't know. Better? Another silly idea! Silly? More like extremely important.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland / Yamaha by upbeat @ 05/23/16 05:00 PM

Los verticales Breyer son lindos. Los hace Pearl River. Bien mantenidos logran un lindo sonido y, al ser de menos de 100 años como la mayoría de los pianos en los hogares argentinos, la mecánica es buena. Le va a servir para estudiar muchos años.
Composer's Lounge
I think it's a good title.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin preludes ranked by JoelW @ 05/23/16 04:57 PM

Bach's worst piece is the one he forgot to write.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etudes vs preludes by JoelW @ 05/23/16 04:55 PM

The B major is remarkable indeed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by PhilzPiano @ 05/23/16 04:47 PM

Time for my second batch of comments. Once again, a great set of performances! 21. Copper - Goodnight Moon A lovely mellow piece. Enjoyed your playing. 22. that'sRich - Rosemary An interesting piece that I'm not familiar with. Very well played
Adult Beginners Forum
It really comes down to your teacher's methods and philosophy, as well as the student's own ideas and preferences. Our teacher like to spend a certain amount of time in the Faber method books, and then once the student reaches the end of the Element
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber & Sohne A168 (Salon grand) by BruceD @ 05/23/16 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By Karl WatsonPeople WILL keep their pianos open ! And to what end ? To repeat yet again, not a single pianist or musician of my acquaintance opens their piano for any occasion other than tuning. It's simply too much sound. Forty m
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Asking parent to take notes? by pianoparent17 @ 05/23/16 04:39 PM

Hi piano teachers, I am a piano parent and can really use your insights and advises on a...situation, if you will, that I am facing. I have 2 kids who are in their 5th year of taking piano lessons. We transferred to a new teacher earlier this year
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First ever (as an adult) live recital was today by sonhnguyen @ 05/23/16 04:39 PM

I've started this piece at the same time as you and had a recital on the same day as well. My experience was almost the same also. Messing up on the arpeggios etc. I've learned a lot from this experience. Thank you for sharing your story.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with a built in screen by BruceD @ 05/23/16 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By oldmancoyoteThey could have made it with a touch screen, though (at least one of the multiple panels). The "keyboard" interface looks a bit clunky (pun intended). One potential problem with touch screens is the "
Jump to new posts Re: How much time do u spend practising ? by login @ 05/23/16 04:35 PM

30 minutes to one hour. I am begineer going trough the suzuki books XD I also play chords and explore sounds tweaking my synths and try to compose in a DAW.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin preludes ranked by Mark_C @ 05/23/16 04:32 PM

We're neglecting a lot of other great composers. I think next we should do Bach. What is Bach's worst piece? Just to get the ball rolling, I nominate the B minor Mass.
Page 77 of 90 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 89 90 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
ear training
by Sylwek
05/29/16 02:03 PM
Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement Notation Question
by JBR
05/29/16 01:55 PM
Poll: Faune vs La mer
by JoelW
05/29/16 01:54 PM
Spanish Translation Help, Please?
by ClsscLib
05/29/16 01:49 PM
1903 Chickering Quarter Grand 121
by David68
05/29/16 01:30 PM
Forum Stats
83,802 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,015 Topics
2,528,980 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission