Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
58 registered (AndyP, armani, Albunea, AndrewJCW, 18 invisible), 851 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by sor @ 06/29/15 03:14 PM

Isabelle thanks for your comment but that is exactly how I learn and I also use utube for fingering tips, there is a utube channel "jane" I believe she has many different pieces she plays at a slow rate and its easy to follow I can slow t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by Johan B @ 06/29/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By LarryShoneOriginally Posted By Johan BYesterday our best friends came to us and brought me a lovely gift....three composers busts....Bach, Mozart and Beethoven (all 10 inch!) Our friends are retired, they had a musicshop and th
Pianist Corner
How is the voting done for the finals?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting Indiegogo X-Key Air Keyboard by MacMacMac @ 06/29/15 03:11 PM

How much would you spend on a three-octave portable? And how many people might buy it? And how much would it cost to manufacture and distribute? And how could this be properly marketed? That web page claims that it's a hit with pro and amateur music
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/29/15 03:10 PM

I'm guessing 1-6, Geniusas, Li, Kharitonov, Masleev, Redkin, Debargue. Debargue is a real wild card. Could be Li comes in 4th, and you know what they say . . . the winner should be the one in 4th.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by bennevis @ 06/29/15 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By fnorkOk, now it's clear to everyone which concerto you referred to, and there'll be some disagreement on that issue here, no doubt By the way, I'd be curious to know what Mahler thought of it - after all, he conducted it at so
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 speaker noise by MacMacMac @ 06/29/15 03:07 PM

Propose a solution? Such as ... replace the defective parts or replace the piano?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by Isabelle1949 @ 06/29/15 03:06 PM

Sor, did you learn the Chopin in a week? How long have you had the piano and what other pieces do you have memorized?
Sampled pianos can hardly be called synths. They are recordings.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by sor @ 06/29/15 03:03 PM

thanks Moonsh1ne but I actually think its incredible how someone can put a piece of music in front of them and be able to play it by reading , I think I do it the easy way here are the links to some of the other vids, they are not very good but as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by Isabelle1949 @ 06/29/15 02:55 PM

Sor, that was very well done. I hate to be a doubter, but I am. I don't understand how you learned by watching your piano play that and I have a hard time believing that. How long did it take you to memorize this piece? Do you have perfect pitch? Who
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Steve Cohen @ 06/29/15 02:54 PM

Sharing atypically low selling prices does an injustice to the shopper, by setting up a false expectation and often moving them to comparably priced brands of lesser quality and value; the dealers who lose sales due to their inability to match atypic
Jump to new posts Kawai MP8 recording by Turbomike @ 06/29/15 02:54 PM

Hi, I have the opportunity to get a Kawai MP8 - blast from the past! - looking at the manual it seems there is no on-board memory to record to, is this correct? if so, what is the easiest way to record from it MIDI, USB etc? Thanks for any help
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by sor @ 06/29/15 02:52 PM

I have a player piano and many classical disks I can play on it, I just watch my player piano to see what notes are being played and then I just replay them surprising it doesnt take that long to learn a whole song maybe a week( but I also practice a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by Moonsh1ne @ 06/29/15 02:50 PM

I watched this video and a few others on the youtube channel. I think it's incredible that you've learned all this repertoire by looking at the notes the player piano presses. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to learn the Nocturne vi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Andrys @ 06/29/15 02:50 PM

Almost the entire poll article was in Russian when I saw it. I had to have the Chrome browser translate it for me. At the time Geniusas had around 240 and Li was way down (which I felt reflected a page that was in Russian). Today someone posted
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 06/29/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiBTW, I wish Kharitonov to win. But with Tch 1 and Liszt 1 he has to do exceptionally fine. He will! Tomorrow at 6pm Russian time!
Pianist Corner
BTW, I wish Kharitonov to win. But with Tch 1 and Liszt 1 he has to do exceptionally fine.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why cleaning the piano room doesn't work by chopin_r_us @ 06/29/15 02:45 PM

I did the same toady! First was Rossini Messe Solenelle then some original blues piano.
Pianist Corner
I don't know. It still seems to me that they might not award 1st prize. Maybe Geniusas 2nd and a tie between Li-Kharitonov for 3rd place.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/29/15 02:38 PM

Way back, I commented, and had no discussion takers . . . I wonder if everybody will be doing the "standard" Siloti version of THE [Tchaik 1] concerto, or has the "original" version started taking over? http://www.nybooks.com/b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first vid on PW by Albunea @ 06/29/15 02:36 PM

How did you learn to play that if you can't read sheet music? And how could you make that good recording with an iPhone??? I like it! Edit: Ok, I remembered your story again. I think learning the way you did is incredibly difficult.
Pianist Corner
Ok, now it's clear to everyone which concerto you referred to, and there'll be some disagreement on that issue here, no doubt By the way, I'd be curious to know what Mahler thought of it - after all, he conducted it at some point with the composer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should I look for in a house? by JohnSprung @ 06/29/15 02:35 PM

You want a place for the piano that will be as stable as possible in temperature and humidity: away from windows, fireplaces, HVAC outlets, and outside walls. Look for a good, recent HVAC system, to which you may want to add humidity control. A
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Brendan @ 06/29/15 02:32 PM

Oh, there's plenty of music in Tchaik 2, and plenty was made tonight.
Page 77 of 96 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 95 96 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sold my CA-65 Need Portable Alternative
by guguma
07/05/15 03:20 AM
New Piano
by MaximLuchnik
07/05/15 01:41 AM
Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces
by gingko2
07/04/15 10:22 PM
Messian prelude - question on notes
by Eric NYC
07/04/15 07:38 PM
Center pin lube, "green stuff"
by Keith Roberts
07/04/15 07:28 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,299 Topics
2,424,070 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission