Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (Anne Francis, Alexander Borro, agraffe, AlbertoA, 29 invisible), 1547 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts It's a little sharp(ener) by Cassia @ 01/15/17 01:23 PM

Piano pencil sharpener
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: PHA-50 key action issue.. am I being fussy? by Falsch @ 01/15/17 01:17 PM

IMHO, having *any* sound but bass coming from below the keyboard is... not smart, because all sounds but the bass are directional. A bass sound just 'is', while the higher frequencies can be easily located by the ear. The only instrument I know that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading by Greener @ 01/15/17 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By keystringYou have someone new to piano asking for advice for obtaining reading abilities, and the advice that is given - without stating that this (might be) a method for advanced pianos - is to memorize music as a way of becomin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading by zrtf90 @ 01/15/17 01:15 PM

I'm not telling anyone to memorise their pieces other than their repertory work. I'm saying that downplaying memorisation is folly. Even if it's just used for scales and arpeggios it's a start. I'm saying that in addition to reading, sight-reading,
Originally Posted By David FarleyI can play fast repetitions on my CP4, but what I've noticed is that when I play the same passages on my baby grand, which is in good regulation, they feel far more comfortable to play, as if there's an almost imperce
Adult Beginners Forum
This time I might actually be ready in time... I did a trial recording last week and only messed up once But I still expect to leave it until the last minute...That's me...
Piano Forum
I have been in big rooms where the acoustics are far from ideal. You cannot generalize.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Awesome performance and for me... by bSharp[C]yclist @ 01/15/17 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By Alexander Borro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MU2Y--nfFI That's an amazing video. Thanks!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Awesome performance and for me... by Greener @ 01/15/17 01:01 PM

Nice video Alexander. Beautiful to see that. Indeed, we are so lucky to be able to play. I cherish it, everyday. Like an Ace in the pocket that not many know about or would understand. But it feels good to have.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
There was an interesting review of a new book about Scott Jopin that I'm not sure was ever posted here. http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/08/05/the-rag-man/
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by Nahum @ 01/15/17 12:53 PM

Knowing of overtones system helps to see (and hear) how to build a good-sounding chords with a root and rootless. In this example, the first three groups represent the chord C7 in natural order of steps and intervals : root - root in octav
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-practicing student by Morodiene @ 01/15/17 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By BrianDXAs an adult student I find this forum very interesting to see things from a teacher's point-of-view. The only downside is to read how some teachers refer to some of their students in a negative
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to automatically sharp or flat in the key by Batuhan @ 01/15/17 12:48 PM

Yes It is just something that gradually happens I remember how much I struggled with the issue you mention. I suggest practice it without piano the first very important thing you must memorize the order of sharps and flats FCGDAEB if you reverse
Piano Forum
This has come up a few times in the short time I've been a member here but - how much space does your U3 have behind it? Unlike a digital, this ss a pretty large upright with a large soundboard - if it is too close up against a wall, some resonances
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By BDBOriginally Posted By pianoloverusDoes anyone have a vertical in a tiny enclosed room? Lots of colleges and music schools have them. Are you talking about practice rooms? If so, hasn't it alre
"...the Aeolian roll is probably the only actual view we get to Joplin's ability as a pianist. Joplin was not renowned as a performer, but, even then, the Uni-Record roll very likely reflects Joplin's deteriorating condition in the year before h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading by keystring @ 01/15/17 12:43 PM

You have someone new to piano asking for advice for obtaining reading abilities, and the advice that is given - without stating that this (might be) a method for advanced pianos - is to memorize music as a way of becoming a better reader. If we are
Piano Forum
Since this is a rental piano, was it tuned after it was delivered to your apartment and after (perhaps) it had a few weeks to acclimatize to your apartment's environment (if different from that of the store)? First step, I think, would be to call th
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is Pianoteq? by slobajudge @ 01/15/17 12:31 PM

Layering Bluthner and K2 in Pianoteq and playing at the same time gives very realistic sound of piano.
Piano Forum
It could be tuning, or it could be that those strings are worn out.
Piano Forum
Hello forumites -- I am a relatively new pianist, at home I own a digital (Kawai CN34). I am spending five months away from home and I decided to rent an acoustic piano. Last week I went to a local piano store and chose a late 70s Yamaha U3, which i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: heavy action? by BDB @ 01/15/17 12:24 PM

As opposed to the really light action on this piano:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading by Greener @ 01/15/17 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By GreenerOriginally Posted By keystring... The way people end up not being able to read music is by first getting into the habit of memorizing in the first place. They can still learn with a bit of de
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Retailers: Close and cover pianos? by David Farley @ 01/15/17 12:18 PM

I walk by a house on my way home from work where the people have a grand in their window with the lid up at all times.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Rhapsody II. - my first more complex piece by stylerhun @ 01/15/17 12:16 PM

Thank you very much! It is a Yamaha CLP 535. I (and many others) usually use the Yamaha CFX sound, but I realised that the "Bright piano" sample is much more beautiful to play some pieces like this.
Page 77 of 95 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 94 95 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Want to upgrade to a baby grand/grand piano
by hello my name is
11 minutes 21 seconds ago
ROLI seaboard, any users out there ?
by Alexander Borro
Today at 08:07 PM
Dodeka keyboard
by phantomFive
Today at 06:41 PM
Loss of soundboard crown
by HelloMrZebra
Today at 06:26 PM
Hammer Advice
by Piano Tipping
Today at 05:45 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,320 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,899 Topics
2,590,490 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission