Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
101 registered (accordeur, 36251, AndrewJCW, Augustina, 30 invisible), 1318 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Preludes 3, 8, 16, 19 and 24 are your best bet.
Piano Teachers Forum
I yielded a piece to a child on the cello and then had an aha moment about the phrasing from his playing. I yielded a piece (on the piano) to a child, a piece I really wanted to play but stopped working on it in the early stages. Then the little
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AZNpianoI don't think you can change anything. And it's just a matter of life. Life gets in the way: job, spouse, kids, mortgage, aging, memory loss, etc. etc. etc. I do accept adult students. Someone out there has got to be a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Up and down by currawong @ 11/19/15 12:39 AM

I meant that they may see a treble A (with stem up) followed by B (with stem down), for example and perceive it as going down because of the position of the stems - because they may not fully realise that it's the position of the note head they need
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can I make a living teaching music? by DivaDiDonato @ 11/19/15 12:37 AM

Thanks Peter! I live in metro area of about 300,000 with a very active NATS chapter (National Association of Teachers of Singing), and a decent state school with a fairly good music program. All that helps. When we were stationed in Ft. Benning GA
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: WM Knabe 1926 5'8 grand by manykeys @ 11/19/15 12:36 AM

Thanks for the replies. The piano was tuned again yesterday, and tech #1 who did the job, maintains the hammers still has a lot of life in them - hardly any string indentations. I have cleaned the steel strings with a Scotch M scourer a month ago, a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Up and down by musicpassion @ 11/19/15 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By currawongAre they looking at the note-HEADS? Some get confused by the varying heights of the stem. Do you mean that the vertical lines (stems) are too visually confusing for some students to process? I'm not certain what you mea
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for digital piano for practice by zggame @ 11/19/15 12:22 AM

Well. One merit for a $150 laptop is that you can use it as dedicated machine for pianoteq. So you do not need to move it or fuss with the cable wrhen you need to check your email. You can then pull out your $1000 mac pro for that. Personally, as
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Up and down by musicpassion @ 11/19/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoAre they reading from left to right??? Yes. I wondered the same at first, but I've addressed that specific issue and they still had the problem. Also, if they were reading from right to left it ought to be exactly wrong
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Up and down by currawong @ 11/19/15 12:06 AM

Are they looking at the note-HEADS? Some get confused by the varying heights of the stem.
You have to continually excite the string in the same manner to get a periodic wave. If you change the bowing, you could be changing the manner in which the string is excited. If you change it in a periodic manner, you will still have a periodic wav
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By dogperson there have been a number of adults that have had problems even finding a teacher, and I think that is a shame. Is this a common thought with teachers that adult students are a problem? Yes. In my limited experience
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why do people make annoying faces? by Plowboy @ 11/18/15 11:49 PM

Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By dogpersonOriginally Posted By LakeviewsteveIf you don't feel you're teacher is giving you good advice you should switch teachers. I would agree with you're teacher if in their opinion you are not ready for the piece. If the re
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Up and down by AZNpiano @ 11/18/15 11:41 PM

Are they reading from left to right???
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can I make a living teaching music? by AZNpiano @ 11/18/15 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By jdw Looking at the site, I think this may be because it is considering "profit" as money not used to pay living expenses or business expenses, but left over once all is paid. So if you put your desired income on that l
Jump to new posts Re: Gilmore's self-tuning system and other inventions by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/18/15 11:38 PM

To the OP: I have just been granted a US Patent for something I call the; Fully Tempered Duplex Scale. US patent number 9,117,421. There is a PW thread about it and one on the PTG website "pianotech" channel.
Legal Issues
Jump to new posts Publishing-performing by Maarkr @ 11/18/15 11:35 PM

A guy has asked me to perform a song he wrote. I told him that I would be the co-writer and could include it as one of my recordings. He denied that part, saying he is the sole writer... if I wanted to include it as my recording, I must pay the fee
Piano Forum
terminaldegree, Thanks for the response, I'd be very interested in reading that article. Hopefully the seller the OP is working with has a genuine love for what they are doing and is running a sort of "adoption" service for the older de
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Up and down by musicpassion @ 11/18/15 11:19 PM

I missed your question about age. The students are 7-9.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Up and down by musicpassion @ 11/18/15 11:17 PM

The problem I'm asking about is up and down on the page, not the keyboard, and not relating it to the keyboard. Given a group of notes a very small percentage of students can't determine if the notes are going up or down. This is after they've alre
Pianist Corner
Waltz Op.posth.70 No.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs9lRO9WT8g&t=36m17s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another post about the Yamaha S series by twocats @ 11/18/15 11:13 PM

Congrats! I'd love to hear a recording
Jump to new posts Re: How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Fastest Repetition? by Jonathan Costa @ 11/18/15 10:57 PM

Sorry, I meant decrease. I decreased blow distance from 55 mm to 47 mm. Jonathan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A4 just too small by SuhrRocks @ 11/18/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By MarieJOriginally Posted By sinophilia I got an iPad Pro yesterday, and its 12.9 inch screen is just right for the A4 format. Much more expensive than an ordinary monitor, but it sits on the piano just fine and you can turn the pa
Page 77 of 95 < 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 94 95 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The versatile Angela Hewitt
by Hank M
32 minutes 50 seconds ago
Help with new piano purchase!
by bostonbabymama
Today at 08:16 PM
Composition and Orchestration
by JohnSprung
Today at 07:51 PM
Practice strategies
by Stubbie
Today at 07:05 PM
First Time to see an Orchestra
by blackjack1777
Today at 05:12 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,545 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,524 Topics
2,469,265 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission