Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
94 registered (BandLaw, agraffe, 36251, Alux, anamnesis, 22 invisible), 1701 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by bSharp[C]yclist @ 08/22/16 07:31 AM

Ralphiano, dmd - See sections 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 in the Pianoteq manual. According to the footnote, Pianoteq keeps track of the last 40 plays, so I'm not sure using the record option is ever needed? Also, for the Audio Device Type, I'm using Windows Au
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Fair Price for 2005 Yamaha C2 by aweber73 @ 08/22/16 07:30 AM

Hi Everyone, I am an advanced adult student looking to purchase a grand piano to further my studies (currently have a 1924 Baldwin Monarch player in fair condition). I also have 2 children ages 8 and 10 who take lessons. I found a piano I really
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggio brackets by concertinist25701 @ 08/22/16 07:29 AM

Agreed as previous reply. ps I'd definitely consider (1) if you will too - A differentiation reminder. I experienced the need for one by accident a moment ago on the preceding song in my repertoire (by ignoring or rather straying from a "no ar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggiated Chords – when to execute during count by concertinist25701 @ 08/22/16 06:59 AM

I have to discuss this general method a little further to resolve not merely my take on ‘Exactly Like You’, especially, but in respect of my entire repertoire and for classical too in the end. There has to be an underlying logic, which is probab
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by dmd @ 08/22/16 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By RalphianoI'm not sure about the "record" feature you mention. I have not noticed it. I have never noticed it either. I would like to hear more about that.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca97 or Casio gp500, pls help by Kawai James @ 08/22/16 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By PocomotoYou seemed to switch comparing the CS8 vs CA67 and CS8 vs CS7 between posts... Yes, I can understand why this might appear confusing, my apologies. Essentially, the point I wished to make is that marketing materials typ
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca97 or Casio gp500, pls help by Pocomoto @ 08/22/16 06:34 AM

You seemed to switch comparing the CS8 vs CA67 and CS8 vs CS7 between posts, but I will stop bothering you since it is too late for me anyway to consider buying the CS8 over CA67, because of improved wiring that happened somewhere between 3 models li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 08/22/16 06:24 AM

Originally Posted By h8dk97 I haven't commented on others' performances simply because at this stage I don't think I can provide feedback that would be of any value. Just want to say that many pieces sounded like they were played by professional pia
Jump to new posts Re: Garageband Question by Frédéric L @ 08/22/16 06:06 AM

I have tried a little GarageBand and this seems to confirms the siros'sanswer. The multitrack-record function is made to record multiple audio tracks at once with eventually 1 instrument track (and no more).
"but the least acoustic piano keyboard beats it totally, as you cannot feel the hammers hit the strings on the AvantGrand."... After the let-off point, the hammer is not "connected" to the key throught the action (AvantGrand and a
Piano Forum
As long as your silent piano has a MIDI out connection, you don't really care if it's internally upgradeable. It most probably isn't upgradeable, as the rest of the electronic devices, and it it were as a special feature, it wouldn't be upgradeable l
Piano Forum
As far as I know, Yamaha at the moment has two silent systems, SG2 and SH. It is all explained on their web site. The B models have SG2, the smallest (I think) with SH is the P116. The SH has a lot more features and better quality. You are happy eno
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Hendrik42 @ 08/22/16 05:12 AM

With regards to the sentiment of potentially abusing a dealers hospitality, I get the feeling, I think it is normal to have, but unnecessary. You are trying to make up your mind. You are going to spend a lot of money, so that is totally valid. Do th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Logan Avery @ 08/22/16 04:46 AM

Todd, I see where you are coming from. I need to pick something that fits my financial capabilities that does what I need it to do. I totally get that. At the same time, suppose you are financially in a position to buy a brand new escalade. I'm gonna
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BDBExcept that Scarlatti probably played harpsichord, organ, and piano. They were all available to him at the Spanish court. And I think some experts have reasons to think some of the sonatas might have been written for an ins
Jump to new posts Re: Garageband Question by toddy @ 08/22/16 04:41 AM

One method would be to transmit the lower notes of the keyboard on one MIDI channel and the upper notes on another (there are 16 channels so you could use one and two for example). Then you'd need to select those tracks on two recording tracks in you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype troubleshoot by 8 Octaves @ 08/22/16 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By keystring- plugged the camera directly into the computer USB port, rather than the port of the USB hub (more direct connection). I don't know if that made a difference. The what-looks-like direct USB connectors on the computer
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ca97 or Casio gp500, pls help by Kawai James @ 08/22/16 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By Pocomoto?? Then why does Kawai list the same amplifiers on their websites, manuals & brochures and make no mention of improved amplifiers. I believe the general specifications (i.e. power) of the amplifier itself are unchang
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Nordomus @ 08/22/16 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By m8118 So that I don't leave the wrong impression let me add that the 605 is the only piano I ever had that I liked Yeah, I write it every 2 months or so but as time passes I still love the sound of this piano. They need to imp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype troubleshoot by 8 Octaves @ 08/22/16 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI just skimmed through the article on Studio on Air, and it appears you need to both wear headphones, and have to mute when you're not talking. This would be really cumbersome since when you have headphones on, you're no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: finding silent grand by hoola @ 08/22/16 04:14 AM

@Davdoc: You are right, my "advice" is based on presumption that there are few changes in piano technologies in general. I just remember about carbon soundboard, or plastic components, very few things about action itself, and the silent on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Logan Avery @ 08/22/16 04:11 AM

Thanks for the great discussions guys. Let's see how many topics I can address in one post: before I begin y'all must know there are a few things I cannot say without sounding like a ****. I'm not trying to, I promise. I really appreciate all the gr
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by daniokeeper @ 08/22/16 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By AntonJHi David , thank you, the sun is not directly going on the window and I have usually a balcony tent down. -A PS In your opinions: can the tuning technique / method affect this behavior ? Another clue comes up : by tech sug
But the AvantGrand series has something totally flawed in their design, and it lacks the half of the mechanics of a piano, it makes an acceptable digital keyboard if you will (the touch of the NU1 is extremely stiff and dry though), but the least aco
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ 08/22/16 03:49 AM

Very interesting, many thanks, summer is going to finish ( here ) . I will call technician for the next week. I'll wait and see. Never heard 'bout unstable modern Yamaha, especially the XA-X series. They seems to be particularly proud about it. -A
Page 78 of 80 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Kawai CA67 - Need Brighter Sound... help?
by Inna
08/28/16 07:27 PM
Need help choosing a piano
by ProtoPiano
08/28/16 05:25 PM
Hippies on a Corner - Joe Sample
by JFDilmando
08/28/16 05:03 PM
Upcoming performances of PDQ Bach Cto. -- by Jeffrey Biegel!
by Mark_C
08/28/16 04:25 PM
Upright with a Silent System?
by dogperson
08/28/16 03:26 PM
Forum Stats
84,804 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,805 Topics
2,551,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission