Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
107 registered (Albunea, Alexander Borro, Albert Brighten, alfredo capurso, 36251, 34 invisible), 1388 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The "piano meastro" - anyone ever buy/use it by MacMacMac @ 05/19/15 01:46 PM

A musician who hates to read music is like a surgeon who hates to use a scalpel. Both need to learn and like, or find something else to do.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts free bird piano solo by seniormoment @ 05/19/15 01:41 PM

Does anyone know where to get the arrangement played by Billy Powell of Lynyrd Sknyrds? The closest to that arrangement I've found is on Scribd & I do not want to join Scribd. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil questions by jeffreyfranz @ 05/19/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By Dave WeiserOriginally Posted By Bachus[quote=PtJaa][quote=Bachus]My 4 SSd raid5 in my DAW can transfer data at 1.6GB- seccond.. in general Flashrams are much slower then that... Regarding Forte hardware: The CPU is some kind
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by pianoloverus @ 05/19/15 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By pianoloverus The fact that there are contemporary pieces that are melodic doesn't change the fact that much of contemporary music isn't melodic and hence "more difficult". In a similar fashio
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What got you into or restarting piano as an adult? by beechcraft409 @ 05/19/15 01:17 PM

For me, it was my younger cousin. When I was 19, I lived in Boulder, CO and my 17 year old cousin came to live with me for the summer. He plays many instruments, and we found an old 61-key Casio in a friends closet, this thing was beat up, missing ke
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help Finding Right Lamp for Grand Piano by BruceD @ 05/19/15 01:17 PM

This is what I would recommend if I needed to close the piano when not in use. House of Troy piano lamp As one other member mentioned above, I have a directional recessed ceiling light (pot lamp) installed for lighting my piano's music desk.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Legato Touches by Celdor @ 05/19/15 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenIf you _practice_ clapping your hands (which I have done), you can get exactly the same sound going . . . "clap . . . . clap . . . . clap" as you get going: . . . "clap clap clap clap clap clap&qu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with understanding a piece of sheet music please by beechcraft409 @ 05/19/15 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By Brian LucasThe octave numbers increase at C so the first notes of the piano: A0 B0 C1 D1... Middle C is then C4 Ah perhaps I am mistaken in my own numbering. I believed A4 to be the A just below middle C, and A5 to be the A abo
Jump to new posts Re: price point by Dave Weiser @ 05/19/15 01:06 PM

"Price point means a point on a scale of possible prices at which something might be marketed; its meaning is different from the meaning of price, which is (principally, but not only) the amount of money expected, required, or given in payment f
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you, I can't recall exactly. At the time I was learning it, I was living in a city where I knew nobody and was not spending much time out of the house. I'd probably say between 1 and 2 months, If longer than 2 months it wouldn't be by much.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Legato Touches by bennevis @ 05/19/15 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserI A 'sleight of hand' On a Concert Grand. Sleight of hand can be very effective in such a visual 'performance art' as piano playing. For instance, Krystian Zimerman plays the Funeral March of Chopin's Piano So
Jump to new posts Re: Help a beginner choose a digital piano by Andre campana @ 05/19/15 12:45 PM

Guys, thanks for all the feedback. I went shopping and got a good deal on a Roland F130R and ended up buying it. Again, thanks for the replys!
Jump to new posts Re: Repeat Key Issue on Casio/Digital Piano by Charles Cohen @ 05/19/15 12:40 PM

I layered "Grand Piano Concert" and "LA Piano" on my PX-350, and held down the damper pedal: . . . No problem with repeated notes. I layered "Grand Piano Concert" with "Honky-Tonk Piano", and held down the da
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Riddler @ 05/19/15 12:35 PM

20. Richard (zrtf90) - Sonata in F# Minor, Op. 25/5, first and second movements Richard, that was absolutely magnificent, one of the best recordings I have heard in any of these recitals. Such precision, and what wonderful expression! Kudos to ya!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 2 pieces by Works1 @ 05/19/15 12:33 PM

This sounds very promising. Please share the names of the two pieces if you find them out.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by bennevis @ 05/19/15 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By izalduI think there are a number of factors that make people less aware of some of these composers, and not only their music being more "difficult" ... what is difficult about this? htt
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin G action removal by wcctuner @ 05/19/15 12:30 PM

Are the drop screws hitting the bottom of the pinblock? Possibly the guide bolts are too low, raising the action a little. There also might be a problem with the block being warped or coming apart at the bottom, making it too low for proper clearance
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin G action removal by kent47 @ 05/19/15 12:21 PM

Well, I took almost every screw that might have something to do with the action and it still will not slide out. It will rock a bit more, but no go. I am wondering it I can lift the action at each side, wedging it with small pieces of wood and then u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non-Legato Touches by RaggedKeyPresser @ 05/19/15 12:18 PM

I did a little experiment like leaving the screen and close eyes. Closed my eyes and listened intently to the 2 variations: Pedal down and 'staccato touch' Pedal down and 'legato touch' As I suspected there's no difference. How could there be if the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by SwissMS @ 05/19/15 12:08 PM

Here is #18 for me, a short study from Burgmüller opus 100 #16 - Sweet Sorrow. This piece is played without pedal. Current list: So my list is now: 1. Kuhlau Burlesco 2. Crosby Dreamcatcher 3. Chopin Prelude 20 4. Gillock Winter Scene 5. Heller E
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by Damon @ 05/19/15 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasOk, let me rephrase that then... no matter how hard any composer tries, (s)he will always be second to Beethoven (and his classmates actually)? That's a tiny bit distributing as a thought, to be honest! :P If you are t
Jump to new posts Re: Piano keys echoing? by Charles Cohen @ 05/19/15 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By Catcatcat. . . I was playing the notes the I noticed a few notes would echo when I would play them. Similar sound to when the pedal is pressed. The lady said that it just needs a good tuning. . . . PMFJI (I'm usually on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by stumbler @ 05/19/15 12:05 PM

29. CASINITALY (Cheryl), Autumn Moods - Lovely calming piece. 28. Johan D, Old French Song, Children's Album, Op.39 - nice touch and tone. Well done. 27. Pollux / Benoit Levesque, A True Blue Heart - I don't know the piece, but I really enjoyed
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By pianoMom2006... For some reason my son likes to rush "forte" and play "piano" slowly. Is that common? ... As my students will tell you in unison, mocking my voice patterns, f doesn't mean faster and p doesn't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by stumbler @ 05/19/15 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By barbaram 58. stumbler / Dave - Miniature I like this, but it’s too short. You have the basis for something more extensive here and I’d be interested to hear something longer built on this. The use of silence in the opening s
Page 78 of 107 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 106 107 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
useful? Fun video with my son
by Nikolas
Today at 06:25 PM
Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No. 2
by LFYM
Today at 06:20 PM
Problem with CASIO CDP-200R
by Peter188
Today at 05:29 PM
Sweet Spot in Piano Size?
by nwpiano
Today at 04:11 PM
Assistance appreciated (intermediate-ish?)
by Venividivici
Today at 03:35 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,401 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,309 Topics
2,410,038 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission