Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
121 registered (5pence, 36251, agraffe, accordeur, 37 invisible), 2044 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP8-II or VPC1? by pianistje @ 01/16/17 03:59 PM

The Kawai VPC-1 does not need further regulation. I completely understand the ''upgrades'made by Ravenworks from a financial goalpost, but the upgrade is not worth the price difference in my opinion. Every grand piano needs a regulation after transp
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by Calmando @ 01/16/17 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By polo1Originally Posted By DigitalguyDPs are bought by those who haven't enough money and APs by those who can afford them. I am not sure where you heard this - but it is bunk. It's not bunk - it's fact. Thousands of DPs are
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by Batuhan @ 01/16/17 03:52 PM

If you are asking how to interpret late beethoven that shows you're not ready yet to interpret late beethoven
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano or Synth. by TonyB @ 01/16/17 03:51 PM

If you really want to create your own sounds, look for a Kawai K-5000 additive synth, or the K-5000R synth module. With these, you are REALLY creating your own sounds. You can usually find them used on Ebay at reasonable cost. There are a couple o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: BruceD hits 20,000 posts! by gooddog @ 01/16/17 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By VidOriginally Posted By gooddogOriginally Posted By gooddogCongratulations Bruce! You have always been a knowledgeable and gracious contributor here at Piano World, (and a valued friend as well.) Yeah, he's usually so quiet, it'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 1840s Pleyel by bennevis @ 01/16/17 03:45 PM

I played one at the Chopin Symposium in London on the occasion of Freddy's 200th birthday (composers tend to have long lives). What struck me was the shallowness of the action, which made it possible to play filigree fioritura very easily. Also octa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by fofig @ 01/16/17 03:43 PM

So, Here I am... I started the piano the year I turned 40. I play the guitar as teenager but I really did not practice sufficiently. I was good at music theory as I am very much inclined toward math and science but I was a disaster for musicality.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by gooddog @ 01/16/17 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottThere are a lot of extremes in late Beethoven. Extreme volume, extreme contrasts in register and sound quality... I think that the most challenging element of this music is the quick emotional contrasts -- from abandon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WTC Favorites by haydnseek @ 01/16/17 03:40 PM

These are my top three favorite prelude and fugues: C minor, Bk I C# Major, Bk I D Major, Bk I If you want to hear an excellent recording of Book I, I recommend you listen to Kimiko Ishizaka's recording. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPHIZw7HZq
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Curtis Boston Upright (M. Steinert & Sons) by Ed A. Hall @ 01/16/17 03:35 PM

I hope it was not last tuned in 1943! But if that's the case, it'll be very badly out of tune. First thing I would do is have it tuned and specify that you want to have it tuned to pitch. Make sure you tell the tuner so they can allot some extra t
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI ES8 BAG - WORTH IT?? by nsetiap @ 01/16/17 03:31 PM

My store told me list price is CAD$380 but he can sell it for CAD$330. Sweetwater & B&H currently sell it for USD$249 but with CAD$ currency lower than USD$, plus the fact Kawai store sell it for USD$289, CAD$330 seems make sense.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by PianoStudent88 @ 01/16/17 03:29 PM

I'll listen again; I was listening at first with the wrong thing in mind, thinking you were trying to make some totally different point than what you meant.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by PianoStudent88 @ 01/16/17 03:27 PM

I missed the part where you referred to the other instruments besides piano/bass/drums; I misread it as saying that the piano player calls the shots over everyone. I've read your post again to catch the parts I missed, and I still think it's an over
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP8-II or VPC1? by slobajudge @ 01/16/17 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By lophiomysYou are not getting my point: IMO both items are overpriced. No matter which dealer, of course do they try to keep the price high up in the sky. Looking at the VPC1, I think it is necessary to add the price of a full
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by bennevis @ 01/16/17 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88 The other is a piano trio, which again I would expect to center around the piano. You've just answered your own question. Did you actually listen to the Mendelssohn trio I linked? The difference is there right f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by bennevis @ 01/16/17 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88One of those is Bill Evans, a jazz pianist about whom I would expect a group named for him to center. When you listen to him playing with Miles Davis instead, the balance is shifted. The other is a piano trio, whi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 1840s Pleyel by chopin_r_us @ 01/16/17 03:13 PM

I have an 1840's upright Wornum Piccolo. Pleyel copied it for his Pianino. You can do things you can't on a heavy modern action. Also, as it's a bichord, the unachorda is truly one string and as such ethereal!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by PianoStudent88 @ 01/16/17 03:10 PM

One of those is Bill Evans, a jazz pianist about whom I would expect a group named for him to center. When you listen to him playing with Miles Davis instead, the balance is shifted. The other is a piano trio, which again I would expect to center a
Jump to new posts Studiologic Numa Compact 2 by Fleer @ 01/16/17 03:06 PM

Just launched, nice looks, 88 keys semi-weighted, 88 sounds, effects, speakers: http://www.studiologic-music.com/products/numa_compact2/ (The original Numa Compact sells for $300-ish)
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP8-II or VPC1? by lophiomys @ 01/16/17 03:02 PM

You are not getting my point: IMO both items are overpriced. No matter which dealer, of course do they try to keep the price high up in the sky. Looking at the VPC1, I think it is necessary to add the price of a full regulation at a piano technici
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX650 by peterws @ 01/16/17 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaOriginally Posted By peterwsI`ll be off to the shop tomorrow to try out some stuff. particularly the DGX650, but also any top ranking digitals in there as well. Just to compare with my Roland fp50 which I`ve grown
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to automatically sharp or flat in the key by TomInCinci @ 01/16/17 02:56 PM

What a great thread, or at least for me. I've played guitar since dirt was invented. Key changes can mean just moving the same pattern up or down the neck. From day one I've been saying that I will never be able to learn all the major keys on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by bennevis @ 01/16/17 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88Why do you think the piano player is in the lead, more than any of the other instruments? That hasn't been my impression at jazz concerts I've been to, unless it's a group specifically formed and named for the pian
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI ES8 BAG - WORTH IT?? by drewr @ 01/16/17 02:54 PM

Nsetiap, in your original post you quoted $330 CAD for the Kawai branded ES8/ES7 bag. This appears to be full retail/msrp. Did your Canadian dealer not offer any discount? When I bought ES7 in Fall 2014, this same bag retailed $300 USD, my US dealer
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interpreting Late Beethoven by hreichgott @ 01/16/17 02:52 PM

I haven't played the late sonatas yet, unless you count Op. 90, but am working on the Diabelli variations and have played the Op. 126 bagatelles for many years. There are a lot of extremes in late Beethoven. Extreme volume, extreme contrasts in regi
Page 78 of 99 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 98 99 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Jeremy Denk's two-hour course in Western Music
by Hank M
01/21/17 06:28 PM
Can you play piano?
by Jolly
01/21/17 06:22 PM
Technique Video
by Piano Tipping
01/21/17 05:44 PM
retrofitting Yamaha grands with the Silent Piano system?
by Opus27
01/21/17 04:57 PM
Arpeggios Fingerings 3-octave
by PWF1
01/21/17 04:22 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,337 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,927 Topics
2,590,869 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission