Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (Abby Pianoman, Allochi, alfredo capurso, albumblatter, anamnesis, ando, 39 invisible), 1654 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by dynamobt @ 03/23/15 01:57 PM

I want to congratulate all the participants in this themed recital. The level of playing continues to improve. I'm a particular fan of the music of Schumann. So this recital has been an absolute joy to listen to. I won't thank each individual who
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway presence? by Rich Galassini @ 03/23/15 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By phacke Interesting. When was the knuckle position changed by S&S? Many thanks- There were changes in 1984. I think this is what Ed is referring to.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by TonyB @ 03/23/15 01:54 PM

Well if my fridge starts sounding like the V-Grand, then it is time to replace it. Things are very relative. A V-Grand is supposed to sound at least something like a "real" piano, while a fridge is not. I think a V-Fridge would keep yo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by turandot @ 03/23/15 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By Campanella12 I mentioned the pending UBC delivery. As you recall, Turandot extrapolated on reference on the Sauter Homepage www.sauterpiano.com and superficially (sorry Turandot- that is how it came across to me) put the integ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Norbert @ 03/23/15 01:43 PM

Quote:If this conclusion is incorrect, then Norbert and Basilios should set us straight. Without revealing any business details, of course. None of this makes me want to purchase a Sauter instrument, regardless of its quality. You shouldn't think so
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1 & U3 golden age by ChrisVenables @ 03/23/15 01:36 PM

Hi Ando I don't doubt you have a very fine U3 and I'm glad you're pleased with it. I didn't say in my article that old U's are bad. There are some fine older models out there. All I said was that new ones are better. The article is more factual t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach little prelude BWV 924 by Vid @ 03/23/15 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By noobpianist90]I agree. It definitely is a lot more work to add them later on. I had to do learn it this way, though. I tried initially to learn the ornaments from the beginning, but playing the ornaments on the left hand kept thr
Pianist Corner
You want to "surpass" them. That doesn't sound very humble to me.. Why not listen for the sheer appreciation and inspiration?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Jay Roland @ 03/23/15 01:29 PM

+1 michaelha If I ever held a conversation like this in a public forum regarding our business, changes in pricing, distribution, or anything like this, I'd be summarily dismissed. Probably walked to the door quite quickly as well. I can't believe
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by ADWyatt @ 03/23/15 01:26 PM

David, I'm really interested in your evaluation of Pianoteq played through the CA 97 speakers. I currently own the CA65, and while it's a great DP its speaker system can't play external virtual piano voices as well as I'd like. I get great sound from
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by michaelha @ 03/23/15 01:26 PM

Funny. This is probably why Yamaha doesn't touch these forums, and why Steinway and Kawai usually only chime in to provide facts like width of casters, speed of their slow close fall boards, length of the lid prop sticks, the typical questions on PW.
Jump to new posts Re: V-Grand delivery on Friday! by ando @ 03/23/15 01:25 PM

It's funny how this thread is more about fridges than about pianos now... Anyone got a V-fridge?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by Markarian @ 03/23/15 01:24 PM

Huh, I've never seen anything but glowing impressions of Chickering.
Jump to new posts Re: Increasing Sustain on a CP4 Stage Piano by ando @ 03/23/15 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By 36251We all know digital pianos are not like acoustics. Why would I want the notes to hold longer than 6 seconds? It's not just that it lasts for 6 seconds - it's how fast it decays over those 6 seconds. Can you imagine wanting
Jump to new posts Re: Different manufacturers action types/names by Jay Roland @ 03/23/15 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By paradicedoes anyone know the actual difference between PHA 4 Concert and Premium, this guy seems to think there's a difference in feel http://azpianonews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0...west-price.html Quote:The best key action, which
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to teach using two pianos? by musicpassion @ 03/23/15 01:12 PM

I agree beginner/younger students need a hovering teacher. (Good term for it!) I don't normally have two pianos in my teaching studio, although I did for a short time. It is a good tool to have. I think with intermediate and advanced students I'd
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai MP11 - possible issues? by McBuster @ 03/23/15 01:09 PM

Here is my fix to The Gap http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2395672
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by bleak @ 03/23/15 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusAgain, Basilios or anyone is not REQUIRED to reveal anything about anything whether it relates to his credibility, business, or anything else. (And what you call credibility was related to business details). A poster
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai MP11 - possible issues? by ElmerJFudd @ 03/23/15 01:04 PM

Talk to the dealer about your concerns with the keyboard, if you're not happy there is no reason why you shouldn't ask for a replacement. The buzz however is more likely due to a grounding or earthing issue in your house electrical. I don't own the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No pedals . . . by sinophilia @ 03/23/15 01:03 PM

Of course you can judge your own performance! Check other people's recordings on Youtube and record yourself. That's the way to learn without a teacher. Also, check the threads on the Alfred course here on PianoWorld, many people are using or have us
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best years and models of Chickering? by ChickGrand @ 03/23/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By Klavimaniac...powerful, warm and united throughout the registers beyond any piano this size... Thirteen years ago, I stumbled across one that impressed me the same as you described above. I'd just retired from a very busy job
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: James Booker Transcription Project by just ber @ 03/23/15 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By dire tonic ...or we can use something of JB to become a first-rate version of ourselves with JB as inspiration. That's more the way I would depict the use of the transcription. I know we can't transcribe the feel, the spirit
Jump to new posts Re: Different manufacturers action types/names by spanishbuddha @ 03/23/15 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By Ben Boule I just got a rental acoustic upright (yamaha) this week.. comparing it directly with my CN24 and other digitals what seems to be missing in the digitals is the tactile feeling of the action's contact with the key and t
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Figured Bass in naming chords? by keystring @ 03/23/15 12:37 PM

Looking at this from different sides. When I was taking formal theory, we were given Roman numerals for designating chords. The RN's work when you have a tonal center, because they relate to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. note from the Tonic. They also as
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to teach using two pianos? by John v.d.Brook @ 03/23/15 12:36 PM

You're absolutely correct. Beginners need hovering teachers. I recently started a couple of K - 2 students and for most of the lessons, I am standing immediately to their right. However, I do go to my piano to play for them and to play along with
Page 78 of 104 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 103 104 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Crazy recordings
by Hakki
03/28/15 02:52 PM
Advice about Gutting Baldwin Piano
by yoerez
03/28/15 01:19 PM
Interesting insight into Chopin's compositional methods.
by ChopinLives81
03/28/15 12:48 PM
Anything like Rocksmith for keys?
by Colin Dunn
03/28/15 10:20 AM
Comparitive Latency of popular VIs... and the winner is...
by dire tonic
03/28/15 09:35 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,680 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,775 Topics
2,389,456 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission