Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
135 registered (anamnesis, Almaviva, alfredo capurso, A Guy, 36251, 29 invisible), 1512 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Dear PW friends and colleagues, I would like to share another recording made recently during my concert with the wonderful Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra. It's my first (out of two) encores: Korsakov-Cziffra Flight of the Bumblebee which I've learned r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Fang @ 03/02/15 02:26 PM

I live in Vancouver Island, close to Seattle, just need to cross the ocean :-) But there are very limited resources on the island.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by Jytte @ 03/02/15 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By nw31304Apparently lacking the requisite alien DNA that allows me to play the treble clef with my RH and the base clef with my LH simultaneously, I have found a reasonable alternative is to think of the written music in a series o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by chopin_r_us @ 03/02/15 02:20 PM

Hey dudes, check this out - loads of cool videos www.youtube.com ! and if that's not enough what about The Earth!!! How cool is that!?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts NEUMEYER PIANO by catoliveira1986 @ 03/02/15 02:16 PM

Hi! My mum runs a charity/thrift shop here in sunny Scotland, and today was donated a lovely piano! We know absolutely nothing about pianos so I have come here looking for advice! It is a black upright piano in OK condition (a few knocks and chips he
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by wimpiano @ 03/02/15 02:14 PM

I don't think touchweight is always a function of regulation Markarian? It's not "usual" regulation anyway. It is good for a Steinway to be heavier because it is designed that way. Quote from an older thread: Quote:Steinway actions are his
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching, some questions. by pavanne1 @ 03/02/15 02:10 PM

When I started I just tried to emulate the teachers I loved. Just jump in and start teaching. Check out all of the resources here there are a lot. Best of Luck Doreen Hall www.palomapiano.com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Markarian @ 03/02/15 02:07 PM

Welcome to Piano World, Fang. Touch weight is a function of regulation, and is something that a good technician should be able to adjust to your kids' needs. I would first focus on the condition of the instrument you're considering (as you have been
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by Riddler @ 03/02/15 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By kenjazz... Loved the into and ending, but you are going to have to give me a lesson on who Peter Martin and Fabrizio Caligaris are :-) The trumpet player on my tune was one of the ones for band-in-a-box that I thought fit best w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Kawai MP11 by lophiomys @ 03/02/15 02:04 PM

The reliability of these keyboards could be measures by the period of time, you'd get On-Site-Warranty for them.
Piano Forum
Hello: I'm new to this forum but not new to pianos. I have been a teacher for over 35 years and currently own a Yamaha U7 (1980 manufacture date) I've been looking around for a good value on a Grand. I came across someone who owns this piano an
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restringing an old piano, little help? by BDB @ 03/02/15 02:01 PM

It sounds like your father does not understand how demanding this work is. It will be no great loss if the piano comes out unusable, but it takes a lot of time and care to do even a job that does not come out well. I hope he is not expecting you to d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny op.740 etudes as encores by argerichfan @ 03/02/15 02:01 PM

There's a lot of really fun note-spinning in the Op 740. I've read through it several times for the sight-reading practise and the sheer exhilaration. No masterpiece to be sure (IMO Czerny doesn't even approach Clementi in selections from 'Gradus')
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by Alexander Borro @ 03/02/15 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By dewsterOriginally Posted By Alexander BorroSome time afterwards I was reading the pianoteq manual and it states on page 54 that 50 dB is a sort of typical figure for an acoustic piano. I wonder where they got that figure from, an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by wouter79 @ 03/02/15 01:51 PM

Yes that is a good point. But it depends on where you are coming from From the digital world, the analog sound would be perfect (matching the theory) if no components above nyquist freqency are in the signal. Then, the data can be sampled perfect
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by Andy Platt @ 03/02/15 01:37 PM

I took my son and his friend sledding last week and slipped on the ice. Landed right on my left wrist, right where I hurt it at Christmas going ice skating. So, no practice on the Schumann since Tuesday because of the big left hand spans needed. Ouc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Supportive Thread. by Jytte @ 03/02/15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By peterws well, I got the bad thumbs too. Diagnosed with arthritis (doctor never even looked at it properly) piano is the best thing for it IMO. But not Schumann. Or Grieg. Or Tchaikovsky. . .Mendelssohn was OK ha ha Peter...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Is this touch weight ok for practice? by Fang @ 03/02/15 01:33 PM

Have got so many useful information here for my entire piano history!!! Now I am start to look around to upgrade to a grand piano. My 3 kids between 6 to11, all take piano lesson and did achieve quite a bit, and starts to show their passion now, not
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by bennevis @ 03/02/15 01:29 PM

Thank you so much for this thread!!! I'm obsessed with this pianist - just listen to his stupendously stupendous technique, and his lovely voice. Why, he can even explain the music and play a virtuoso song, all at the same time!! I luuuurve
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restringing an old piano, little help? by Burnside Piano @ 03/02/15 01:28 PM

"It's not necessarily a matter of finances being strained, it's just my father, who is the one wanting this done, and funding it, finds it- in his mind- ridiculous to pay someone 1,200 dollars (What they charge around here for wrestling with a p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by pianoloverus @ 03/02/15 01:20 PM

By Calvin Klein.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Mozart "Fantasy in d minor" (K.397) by griffin2417 @ 03/02/15 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Glad you're making progress again, Carl. My M42-43, LH: 1 53 42 31, 51 32 42 32: 42 51 4 32, 42 521 521 As I mentioned in my earlier synopsis, this is about the hardest passage in the piece and worth spending time on it g
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by sinophilia @ 03/02/15 01:17 PM

I think I won't count it... unless I'm really desperate I had already some crappy digital recordings by the end of last year, and then I just had to adjust my touch and pedalling to the acoustic piano. Not so easy, but not a complete re-learning eit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Obsession by BruceD @ 03/02/15 01:14 PM

I think that in some cases particularly - may I say this without reprisal? - among younger members with less experience than others, it may be the enthusiasm of first discovery. Many experienced listeners will be familiar with the names of the great
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by ZikO @ 03/02/15 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79It IS perfect theoretically, and so is 44k, EVEN if you want 20kHz. The problem is that the analog world is not perfect and that once in the digital world you can't see anymore if an incoming frequency was originally (in
Page 78 of 121 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 120 121 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ivory in California
by Oasismfg
03/06/15 08:13 PM
My 1985 Yamaha C7 is too loud
by EllieYama
03/06/15 07:51 PM
Two in-tune notes sound horrible when played together??
by dax006
03/06/15 07:47 PM
162 Years Ago...
by Plowboy
03/06/15 04:30 PM
Casio px850 vs Casio px860
by TECHFRANZ
03/06/15 03:58 PM
Forum Stats
78,429 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,151 Topics
2,380,718 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission