Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
107 registered (Auditor, anamnesis, AZ_Astro, Alux, 36251, alwatson, 35 invisible), 1473 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Pianovelle GPS2500 by Frédéric L @ 04/23/16 03:42 AM

I don't know the GPS2500, but a piano with a floppy drive typically records your take in a MIDI format. The MIDI format doesn't save the sound, only when you have played each keys. Then to make a CD, you have to play the floppy again on your piano wh
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by login @ 04/23/16 03:12 AM

The RD64 seems to have balanced outputs, even cheaper. I think an updated A88 with the new key action would be a winner for me, with sound engine as the rd64 would be perfect: small, good controller, good keys, a good AP sound when you need it. Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Could you envision this in your living room? by leel @ 04/23/16 03:11 AM

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/msd/5541822485.html A little gaudy maybe?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Buying a floor model by Beemer @ 04/23/16 02:59 AM

I have an interest to buy a showroom floor model of a new Tier 1 upright. It has a couple of unobtrusive marks but they say it has only been on the floor for two weeks. Would you buy a floor model and what discount do you feel would be appropriate
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having a few days of "break" by SwissMS @ 04/23/16 02:57 AM

I completely agree with this. Sometimes you can over-think a piece, and your brain just turns off when you play it. Practicing the same section day after day with no progress just ends up in frustration. A few days break allows you to take a fresh l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When to transition to learning a new piece? by SwissMS @ 04/23/16 02:51 AM

I think there is great value in having multiple pieces in progress at the same time. Ideally they should be of different styles - for classical you could have one baroque, one classical, one romantic, and one modern; for pop you might have one with s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comparing temperament numbers from different ETDs by Mark Davis @ 04/23/16 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By rysowersOriginally Posted By Mark Davis"Hello Ryan Thank you for the interesting topic and info. Your posts are usually helpful and informative. If I may ask, how did you work the differnce in hertz out for the different o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Play by ear by The Monkeys @ 04/23/16 02:37 AM

Reading has been heavily emphasized this forum, for good reasons. But it is also important to be able to play by ear, isn't it. Of course, natural talent is important. I know people with zero piano training, who can play tunes on a piano, with ac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Going to Florida State University by BruceD @ 04/23/16 02:24 AM

Oh, Mark_C, what would I do without your erudition when it comes to enlightening me on the finer points of the English language, a language that I am so woefully inadequate to handle and at a total loss to comprehend!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Revisited by SiFi @ 04/23/16 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By coasterI've got the Vallée planned for Round 3, if I get that far. It is one of my absolute favorites. You've got every emotion in there, from despair to ecstasy. And boy can you play Liszt! Just beware: that pause in bar 21
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by keysandpaws @ 04/23/16 02:08 AM

Oh happy day!!!! I played through the Circle Of 5ths using major scales, 2 octaves, with I-IV-V cadence and inversions, and 2 octave arpeggios with only minor screw ups. Still somewhat sloppy, but definitely infinitely better than when I started work
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: You want to sound modern & powerful ??? by Nahum @ 04/23/16 02:04 AM

The criticism is primarily concerned to the pretension for powerful sound, which simple wasn't , because there are no conditions have not been established for this purpose. As for the rest,then yes, certainly talented pianist; and just needs to cont
Jump to new posts Re: Who appreciates tone quality more? by Beemer @ 04/23/16 02:04 AM

Ed, That was part of my experience yesterday. Whilst finishing a piece or even just doodling around with chords I was being led into new tunes just by the evocative mood created by the piano. This was a much stronger feeling than I get with my own
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai K500 by terminaldegree @ 04/23/16 02:04 AM

Most piano movers are going to charge well in excess of $1/mile, so your shipping amount may not be realistic for a cross-country move nowadays.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When to transition to learning a new piece? by earlofmar @ 04/23/16 01:53 AM

Learning piano repertoire is not a linear process and each piece is going to teach us something different. Learning one piece and moving on is the slow route and ideally, with time permitting, working on multiple pieces is quicker for technical impro
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
In order to accustom your ears to the chromatic sounds , it is necessary to train at the same time by playing the piano and singing. For example, C major has 7 diatonic notes and 5 chromatic. You divide the scale into 2 halves: CDEF and GABC. No
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't Pianos age like Violins? by phacke @ 04/23/16 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By Rich Galassini Contrast that to a grand piano with 18 tons (or more) of downbearing pressure on a huge panel that needs tremendous support (there is more wood in one long rib on a grand piano than in an entire panel of a violin)
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Jay Roland @ 04/23/16 01:38 AM

You can use the brilliance control to roll that off or bring it up... Little ole you has the flexibility. Jay
Jump to new posts Re: Kawaii ES100 Vs. Roland FP-30 by peterws @ 04/23/16 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By Pablo WoizI just putted two Female 1/4" mono jacks, connected in parallel to the headphones out. no circuits... For sure could be better made, but it works fine. The adventage is I have now two mono outputs (Left and Right)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Going to Florida State University by Mark_C @ 04/23/16 01:17 AM

The "hopefully" actually does make total sense, although you have to work at it a little. I tripped over it too, but pretty easily realized that what he meant was that he hopes to work with Gainsford. It was just a misplaced modifier, tha
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by peterws @ 04/23/16 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandFor a sub thousand dollar piano, I think we did a bang up job on both the Supernatural sound engine and PHA-4 Standard Action. We're going to do very well with the FP-30. It compares very well to other pianos in this
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having a few days of "break" by peterws @ 04/23/16 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By scgrantOriginally Posted By CompianistI have this tendency, where I always stumble on one section of one piece, and a few days later of no playing, I magically perform the piece effortlessly. Does anybody else experience this? I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai K500 by michaelha @ 04/23/16 01:07 AM

Try DC Pianos in Berkeley, CA.
Jump to new posts Re: What would make you not lift to 440Hz? by daniokeeper @ 04/23/16 12:53 AM

Of course I inform them during the initial contact that the piano may need followup work if flat. (I don't charge extra if i need to bring the piano up to 440 before fine tuning it during my first visit.) But, I do leave the option of tun ing the p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What type of piano is this? by Grodhisatva @ 04/23/16 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By twocatsOriginally Posted By Grodhisatvaalso, can we establish that the piano should *CLEARLY* be in this room instead? http://img.seorets.com/pensacola/4-hyde-park-rd-fl-495761-23.jpg Yes for the aethestics, but a big no for pu
Page 78 of 89 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 88 89 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A 435 tuning fork needed.
by music kitchen
Today at 06:58 AM
Similar pieces to Pachebel's Canon în D
by Dive
Today at 04:06 AM
How do you sit?
by Beemer
Today at 04:04 AM
What They Didn't Tell You About The 10,000-Hour Rule
by 8 Octaves
Today at 02:36 AM
Quick FP-30 review
by AllaBreve
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Forum Stats
83,445 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,285 Topics
2,519,631 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission