Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
74 registered (beeboss, Bachus, casinitaly, ando, BrianDX, 21 invisible), 1260 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learn how to improvise by Rerun @ 11/22/15 06:42 AM

I don't know if it's a method, but it's certainly handy ... use the ears and make it a fun purpose (like making up a tune/ditty for one of the grand kids). I would also be inclined to start with a LH rhythm pattern (3/4, 4/4, shuffle, etc) in min
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Windows 10 by R_B @ 11/22/15 06:40 AM

If the hardware vendors could just UNHOOK from M/S we would be free from that ~$100 or so premium that we pay for the "free with the hardware" O/S. {bundled, arguably illegally} It is incredibly difficult to just delete the junk that "
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to know if the piano is not tuned ? by jrcallan @ 11/22/15 06:27 AM

Did you have it re-tuned after it was moved? The piano should have acclimated to your home for a month or so before re-tuning. If it's been in your home a while now, it should be fine tuned again.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The sound that reminds you of food by Rerun @ 11/22/15 06:26 AM

For all the birds/critters within earshot of our front door, it's the sound of that door opening/closing, me whistling, two metal cans in the garage clanging and me trodding out to the front yard ... and the frenzy begins again at sunup . I also
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Learn how to improvise by RomanticPast @ 11/22/15 06:15 AM

I have been playing the piano for about a year now and playing tune by tune just following notes and practicing scales have become somewhat boring. I would like to spice up my practicing sessions a bit by learning properly how to play improvisatio
Piano Forum
Dear all, Just wondering if anyone knows the contact number of Alvin from Raffles Piano. I am keen to try out the Sauter retailed there.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by UnderConstruction @ 11/22/15 05:37 AM

51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt. This is one of my favourite Sonatas from Beethoven, and has been on my to learn list. Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed your rendition of it. Its already very very good in its current form, and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by MarieJ @ 11/22/15 05:35 AM

Another very pleasant session with the ABF 40th Recital and my earphones: 20. barbaram - Dream a Little Dream Barbara, that was lovely - bright, assured, and very listenable! 21. JustinDAggie - Philosophy Like other participants, I had difficulty
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KCP90 OR CN35 :( by Hendrik42 @ 11/22/15 05:28 AM

CN35 was presented/announced in 2014 and was available in shops late in the year. It was sold out in all shops in Germany's second largest city right after Christmas when I wanted to order. Kawai has been on a three year cycle, so it is realistic to
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How to go about learning jazz piano? by Nahum @ 11/22/15 05:21 AM

That's the same way I learned to play the blues at first, and then bebop ( only I never learned to sit in the lotus position ).   For a beginner there is no method better! [
Originally Posted By peterwsThe worst decision you ever made was to seek advice here. Having got that previso out of the way, the FP7, though fairly old now, has a very nice, responsive keyboard IF you don't mind hard bottoming-out. The DGX 650 is a
Hello, I would like to learn the piano and I'm trying to figure out what instrument should I buy. I have three digital pianos on the table: Yamaha P45, Yamaha P115, Roland F-20. I would prefer the Yamaha P45 because it's quite decent, and it fits in
Jump to new posts Re: Full Scale String Resonance . . . by Hendrik42 @ 11/22/15 05:06 AM

onewatt -- to me, Kawai is not the question, as they have it fully documented. I plan to be better equipped when I visit a DP shop next time to see what the new Rolands and Casio have. bluebilly -- there is a ton of wisdom in your comment. With rega
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KCP90 OR CN35 :( by peterws @ 11/22/15 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By SwansisKawai Australia takes a century to reply to me anyways, Thanks. Rumour has it Australia take a century to achieve one. . . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Cant imagine what a teacherd say to me; probably "you see the door you came in through. . . "
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha DGX-650... or a Used Roland FP-7 by peterws @ 11/22/15 04:30 AM

The worst decision you ever made was to seek advice here. We love to talk and argue about this stuff, but the net result from your point of view will be "should I have bought something else?" They always sound different in the shop. Idea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping strict time -- is really so important? by sirwormsalot @ 11/22/15 04:17 AM

The best musicians feel time from their solar plexus, working like an internal metronome. It is impossible for the brain to count the time and be correct throughout. It is focusing on too many other things, and a metronome will soon make it apparent
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha DGX-650... or a Used Roland FP-7 by spanishbuddha @ 11/22/15 03:51 AM

You mention feel and sound, but then seem to focus on sound. You can do much better with action feel in this price range from Casio and Kawai, especially compared to your two likely contenders which hardly shine in this area. Better sound can be add
Jump to new posts Re: Hi-End DP's sound engines vs. Hi-End software pianos? by Charles Cohen @ 11/22/15 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By Alexander Borro . . . FWIW, I know of one very competent pianist/teacher too, heard him play all sorts of stuff, from Rach to Beethoven. He has a youtube channel, but his name eludes me at the moment. Anyway he likes modelled pi
Jump to new posts Yamaha CLP-500 and iPad apps by emmaco @ 11/22/15 03:48 AM

Roland LX-17 came with a great iPad app called Piano Designer. It seems very practical to, inter allia, search or modify the sounds. I Don't think Yamaya is doing the same for its DPs. Except Note Star and Repertoire Finder. They also have very good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One more question for piano shopping... by Norbert @ 11/22/15 03:39 AM

While I can only endorse what Russell has said in his above post I cannot exactly follow his recommendation. Just having sold this piano to a retired concert pianist - against both Steinway and Fazioli - we have the next one coming also pre-sold. Wis
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why My Teacher is Great by PhilipInChina @ 11/22/15 03:35 AM

I have 2 rates at which I work. Full commercial charge out rate and zero. Yes, of course my post was tongue in cheek. About 90% of mine are. The above, however, is deadly serious.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This is a new one. by DivaDiDonato @ 11/22/15 03:34 AM

I'm all for teaching kids to deal with the real world, and repeat signs are reality for musicians. However, sensory issues are reality too, especially for kiddos with diagnosed and undiagnosed ASD. Provided the kid is sincere, respectful and has a
Adult Beginners Forum
Anybody working on "Amazing Grace" should listen to this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0076412
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne - de Falla by Nikolas @ 11/22/15 03:31 AM

Yes this is simply wrong. I'm not in my studio for the weekend (and will make a new post to explain what I did this weekend! ), but when I get back, if it would be of use, I can notate this bar correctly (and you can tape it on the score, if you prin
Page 78 of 87 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 86 87 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do you cope with musician's block?
by Pulatom
11/28/15 04:10 AM
Jam using Jammr?
by Jaker
11/28/15 01:32 AM
Kawai MP11 powered speakers choose what?
by Lakeside
11/27/15 11:34 PM
Specific techniques/tips for staying relaxed?
by cathryn999
11/27/15 11:03 PM
Need Advice: Yamaha U3 too mellow
by woody4tarheels
11/27/15 10:18 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,564 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,622 Topics
2,470,354 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission