Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
85 registered (anamnesis, augustm, alerique, BarryDMD, Bellicapelli, 18 invisible), 1144 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Abby Whiteside would have totally approved of a technique that is not 'standard' but was learned organically
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forgetting music by pianomcl @ 02/01/16 12:38 PM

If it were me I wouldn't make a huge issue of it but I would explain to her why it's wrong and mention it to the parent. As far as students forgetting their music, I guess it can depend on my mood - I try not to let it bother me because I remember be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dispatch from my first recital! by sor @ 02/01/16 12:35 PM

your story is vivid, and I can sympathize. I have played for people before, not a lot, a handful of times but I would see why people get really nervous, the last time I was playing for a group of people was at my house for a group of about 20 or so f
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Without pinblock by grandpianodave @ 02/01/16 12:32 PM

Something like this should have been the standard years ago
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Waltz Op. 64 no. 2 (recital) by laguna_greg @ 02/01/16 12:30 PM

Very good job, and especially for only your first two years of lessons! The pedalling is a little muddy in the beginning as your foot never lets it clear all the way. Everybody makes this mistake early in the performing game, so it's not just you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to count notes? by Nahum @ 02/01/16 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By ihavetubesWhat book do you recommend than? I know three books, corresponding to our time : Takadimi - (about) http://www.takadimi.net/documents/TakadimiArticle.pdf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW133P2ZgxQ http://www.tak
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Softening keyboard in digital piano by JABB_66 @ 02/01/16 12:24 PM

Hi I think leave it alone is the best you could do. The probability to get a good result against completely messing the keyboard it's almost 100%. I have read many good opinions about the Casio DPs with respect to that. People that usually suffers
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there such a Sight-Reading book by ulymoon @ 02/01/16 12:21 PM

pavanne1, Thank you, it's really kind of you to let me know about your website and the materials in there. I'll be there soon.
Originally Posted By ThatAdamGuyI'm a little hesitant to resurrect an old and somewhat understandably contentious thread. But having just compared prices for the Roland LX-17 across U.S., UK, and AU... I'm... well, a bit stunned and confused. Jay,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 6 months on... by bogbrush @ 02/01/16 12:19 PM

Tony, it was not my intention to pass judgement on others, nor a desire for my efforts to be recognised. It was meant as an encouragement. Apologies if my post caused any offence.
Jump to new posts Re: Softening keyboard in digital piano by Charles Cohen @ 02/01/16 12:16 PM

If you are complaining of the "thump" that happens when a key hits the bottom of its travel: Take a look here, for a story of someone who replaced the felt damping strip underneath the keys of a Casio: http://www.casiomusicforums.com/inde
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there such a Sight-Reading book by ulymoon @ 02/01/16 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By ulymoonOriginally Posted By AZNpianoSight Reading and Rhythm Every Day, by Helen Marlais and Kevin Olson Problem solved!! This is really a good suggestoin. I've just had a look at it. One of its important strengths: it has sec
Jump to new posts Re: Softening keyboard in digital piano by PM7 @ 02/01/16 12:13 PM

Thank you for all your replies. I have decided I will not touch it, I though I mith twist of one weight for a test, but it not seems possible, and I don't wont to break it permenently, though I'm suprised with that horrible keyboard setup. Slightly r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $17,800 for a 2000 Estonia L190... Too much?? by Dre3030 @ 02/01/16 12:09 PM

I thank everyone for their contributions. I’d much rather read spirited debate from passionate customers, dealer and owners than not get a response at all. I feel bad that Marks experience with the Estonia piano was, how shall I say, less than s
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Thanks, David! I didn't see your reply till now. The story went that I decided to purchase it and negotiated it down to $1800. However, after talking to one last person I had some serious doubts and couldn't go through with the deal, which I feel pre
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Forrest Halford Originally Posted By laguna_gregNo, I don't. Technically, it gets in the way of actually making scale passagework even. I also never do it with my students. Curious about your "why" here. I do use
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by newer player @ 02/01/16 12:04 PM

I am a few days behind schedule. Piece #15 in New Book 1 took me a few days to nail; this is the first piece that was a bit challenging. I find Piece #16, the penultimate, to be quite easy. Looking forward to jumping into the original FK text this
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by peterws @ 02/01/16 11:57 AM

Must admit to never using the zip files. But now you mentioned em, I can see how useful they could be. . .
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to count notes? by scgrant @ 02/01/16 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By Puylly FogI see you gave trouble counting triplet durations. Basically you have to fit 3 notes (or combinations of notes and rests) in the time allocated to 2 by the time signature. I am not aware of a standard approach to counti
Jump to new posts Re: Softening keyboard in digital piano by 36251 @ 02/01/16 11:53 AM

I think you should at least speak with the manufacturer. I'm no expert but DP actions for the most part are mostly pre-fab plastic and any lead/weights are all, I assume, mathematically worked out. Just shaving off some weight might detrimentally aff
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Without pinblock by Maximillyan @ 02/01/16 11:46 AM

https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/maxim-tuner/album/175058/view/534407
Jump to new posts Re: Dexibell - keys and pianos? by Fer De Armas @ 02/01/16 11:41 AM

Hi, i agree and i would add Kawai and Casio as better key actions than Fatar too. Cheers...!
Jump to new posts Re: Softening keyboard in digital piano by peterws @ 02/01/16 11:39 AM

I tried a piano thus modified (suspected since it was a model I once owned). The weights are counterbalances. The result was a mushy action which was reluctant to return to its normal posifion. If you did this it would be disastrous. Dont do it!
Jump to new posts Re: Softening keyboard in digital piano by Strat @ 02/01/16 11:30 AM

I really *really* doubt that it will make a tremendously pleasing difference. Maybe it might lessen the problem, but you can't turn it into something it's not.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by TimR @ 02/01/16 11:29 AM

Such a sweet story - that made my day. Thanks
Page 78 of 93 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is there an accordion section to this forum?
by darticus
02/07/16 08:00 AM
Need help! Anyone know about Kawai DS-8B ?
by Winkplay
02/06/16 11:31 PM
hunidifier system
by andyvn579
02/06/16 08:37 PM
HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM
by PocatelloAVS
02/06/16 05:10 PM
Speaking of Estonia ...
by BruceD
02/06/16 02:15 PM
Forum Stats
82,503 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,317 Topics
2,492,971 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission