Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (Albunea, accordeur, 36251, ando, anamnesis, 28 invisible), 1614 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CP4 review at SOS by Manolios @ 07/01/15 03:08 PM

Same here. Like Dave, I also play mainly jazz and the CP4 is my main axe for now. I had the CP5 before and loved it, but it was a beast... At home, in my studio, I like to hook up the CP4 to my Clavinova CLP 990 and play the CFX Grand from the wonder
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Restored Steinert #14429, c.1926 by DavidDM @ 07/01/15 03:04 PM

Pics of my piano. Restored (or rather, Rebuilt) by Jude Reveley, Absolute Piano Restoration, Lowell, MA.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisComing late to the party, I realized how much I've been influenced by you folks here - in not bothering to listen to any of Masleev's performances, after almost everybody dissed him right from round 1. But after liste
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do all national piano movers have bad reviews? by pianoloverus @ 07/01/15 03:00 PM

Contact some of the good dealers on this site for good advice. I suggest Steve Cohen, Rich Galassini, or Keith D. Kerman. Remember online reviews are often not helpful and some are fake. When I try to find a good restaurant in NYC virtually all of
Pianist Corner
To avoid any influence on further voting, all votes a) and b) given to the passing contestants will be kept confidentially to everybody, including the jury.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By fnorkCan someone explain the ties? They ended up with ties because they got the exact same numbers of votes? Also, another important thing, in the name of transparency....Will we now find out how the jurors voted in all rounds? T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by WhoDwaldi @ 07/01/15 02:56 PM

Neighbor has a vertical gash centered in the back wall of his house, roof to foundation, with--I suspect--severe structural damage beyond the roof structure, since the deck to one side collapsed toward the house (tree bowed the wall inward detaching
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by bennevis @ 07/01/15 02:54 PM

Coming late to the party, I realized how much I've been influenced by you folks here - in not bothering to listen to any of Masleev's performances, after almost everybody dissed him right from round 1. But after listening to all the Tchaik 1's -
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upright Gulbransen 1926 value by David Boyce @ 07/01/15 02:54 PM

The original poster seems to have lost interest. Perhaps from disappointment at the realisation that his acquisition is not a goldmine.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By DakarDaveWhen I saw this thread, I was wondering the same thing. I'm the text book definition of an adult absolute beginner. Been attempting to play the entire piece since January, and just got to a point where I'm beginning to b
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts gebrüder schulze by LarryMan @ 07/01/15 02:53 PM

I found a gebrüder schulze serial number 49 425 upright and i would like to know If anyone here has info about the brand. How much i should pay for it, i may try to see it next weekend Thanks a lot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alternative scale fingerings by DonInPhilly @ 07/01/15 02:50 PM

The scales that have always given me the most trouble are the harmonic minor scales Am, Dm, Gm, Cm, Em, and Bm. I came up with some alternate fingerings a while back that have improved my scale playing a lot. These are all right hand fingerings; the
Pianist Corner
Can someone explain the ties? They ended up with ties because they got the exact same numbers of votes? Also, another important thing, in the name of transparency....Will we now find out how the jurors voted in all rounds? The first round votes becam
Composer's Lounge
Have you tried contacting them directly (or whoever owns the copyright to the lyrics) to see if they would allow you to use the lyrics?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lubrication choices by David Boyce @ 07/01/15 02:48 PM

Hear hear!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Gigue In C" by Morodiene @ 07/01/15 02:48 PM

Very nice! I especially loved it at around 0:34. That descending line reminded me of something Scarlatti wrote - one of his sonatas I think. The whole piece is very "baroqueish" with a classical/Haydnish sense of humor woven in. I enjoyed t
Jump to new posts Re: Sound problems with Kawai CA97 by danielp11 @ 07/01/15 02:45 PM

Hello, I also own the CA97 since some weeks and paying it nearly daily. I own also a pretty good acoustic upright. I found the sound of the CA97, especially the sk grand samples very convincing and natural.. I really love my CA97. But really try t
Pianist Corner
Now Li is going to Warsaw with a silver medal in his pocket, which undoubtedly will have a very positive effect for him. It seems very probable that he might place there too.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/01/15 02:42 PM

90 pages. By the time the Grand Prix is awarded, or not, on the 3rd will we be at 100 pages?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thought I'd share a ragtime piece by Morodiene @ 07/01/15 02:41 PM

Sounds great! I'm sure it's a fun piece to play and very entertaining to listen to! Is this his first composition? A couple of suggestions: -He should feel free enough to write music outside what he can actually put on the page. Or to put it anot
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by pianoloverus @ 07/01/15 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By HakkiConspiracy? Eh? Of course not. There is not one shred of evidence for your theories.
Jump to new posts Re: New acoustic grand in the Nord Piano Library by fizikisto @ 07/01/15 02:34 PM

oooooh! thanks for the heads up!
Pianist Corner
It will be interesting to see where ALL of these prize winners are in their careers ten years from now. Will any eventually become big names - or will they simply fade into oblivion?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 07/01/15 02:20 PM

I was basically right, mind you, but for putting Masleev 4th. 😀 The guy who plays last (early rounds) is never supposed to advance/win. Or first. Or the the youngest or oldest competitor. But it happens!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by Isabelle1949 @ 07/01/15 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949Morodiene, I will have to check out the Sinfonias. I did them after about 3 or 4 Inventions, so it's possible they felt easier because my brain figured out the texture. I did find them
Page 78 of 94 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
lacquer for sharps
by Olek
2 minutes 44 seconds ago
Classical improvisation in real time
by bennevis
35 minutes 30 seconds ago
Bought a new piano
by Byrotte
Today at 03:04 PM
pedal issue on yamaha p115
by franciobr
Today at 01:49 PM
Relative beginner taking Jazz lessons needs advise
by Gumbysgroove
Today at 12:58 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,908 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,363 Topics
2,424,853 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission