Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
103 registered (accordeur, 3fngers, AndrewJCW, aostensv, Auditor, 36251, 38 invisible), 1273 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How far along should I be? by hreichgott @ 05/19/16 12:19 AM

Hi David, What approach do you use when practicing a piece?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transition time between lessons? by hreichgott @ 05/19/16 12:11 AM

But he is getting his money's worth. You didn't stop teaching his child, you just let other people sit in the room. What's the problem?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ 05/19/16 12:05 AM

Thank you everyone for the kind comments on my piece! I have not really had a chance to listen to the submissions yet, one of my cats is seriously ill, work is hectic and I've had too much on my hands. Just next week and then I will start my summer v
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by bSharp[C]yclist @ 05/18/16 11:50 PM

Some updates. Updated link to the Little Beggar. This is what was submitted for the recital. Added a link for Etude (Ferris Wheel). Something new is Village Dance. I've been looking at Alfred's Masterwork Level 1-2 book as a supplement for sight rea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How far along should I be? by ebonykawai @ 05/18/16 11:41 PM

You'll see improvement over time, 2 months is too short to gauge very much in the way of improvement. I've been back playing for 16 months and only 2 days ago realized, after starting a particular piece, that I knew more than I thought I did. It was
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin by SoundThumb @ 05/18/16 11:35 PM

You might try getting a beginner Suzuki method book. It will have you playing simple chords and a melody in no time. However, you will then probably hit a point at which you want more. That is the time to move to the Alfred's method books. They are m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How far along should I be? by SoundThumb @ 05/18/16 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By Sandy FryI think my teacher is taking me through the book too quickly. I can't really play any of the pieces all that well or probably up to speed but they are recognizable. My teacher explained that at the very beginning, you a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 05/18/16 11:18 PM

SiFi: Please see my edit. (It doesn't change the gist, but....I realized something else about the Scarlatti.) BTW, about the "no more repertoire changes," I'm assuming it refers just to the printed program. I doubt they'll forbid people fr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ 05/18/16 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CI'm guessing they're planning to do with those pieces what you were almost nearly gonna do with the Bach.... Good luck to them with that. They may come to their proverbial senses between now and then and modify their progra
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Transition time between lessons? by P.M. @ 05/18/16 11:11 PM

Hi all, I recently took on a student whose father is big on getting his money's worth. I have 30 minute lessons back to back. For the past two lessons, the student after this little girl and his parent have come early for lessons. They are anywhere
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 05/18/16 11:10 PM

About the Ballade, I'm guessing he's planning to do what you were almost nearly gonna do with the Bach.... Good luck to him with that. He may come to his proverbial senses between now and then and modify his 1st round program. About the other guy: I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by SiFi @ 05/18/16 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By Midlife_PianoI noticed some people are stretching the time limit on the first round (I am pretty sure Ballade No.4 is longer than 10 minutes). Yes, it seems like a couple of people are definitely pushing the envelope. You're rig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping Schaum Sharp? by MacMorrighan @ 05/18/16 11:08 PM

No, I mean John W. Schaum and his infamous "Fingerpower" series.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Galaxy Vintage D Presets/Plug-Ins Question by siros @ 05/18/16 11:01 PM

Kontakt Player (and the full Kontakt) can only run instruments like Vintage D. It cannot host effect units. I cannot really tell what would make Vintage D sound better for your need. It certainly has decent basic tone and good dynamic range (mellow
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Is there a name for this song? by nights @ 05/18/16 10:56 PM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008W97ZNQ/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk38 'Music Lessons' is so generic and I can't find any info on it. Would love the sheet music.
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Kawai James @ 05/18/16 10:56 PM

Thank you for your detailed response.
Jump to new posts VI Labs - Ravenscroft 275 by mischeli @ 05/18/16 10:46 PM

The best VST piano for me ever: Ravenscroft 275
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by mischeli @ 05/18/16 10:43 PM

Hamburg is the best for me.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By AndrewJCWWell, whatever works. If the pieces are enjoyable and provide a good challenge for where you're at go for it. It's pretty irrelevant exactly what the piece is or how it's published if it meets that criteria. Most people
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Cover by LXXXVIIIdentes @ 05/18/16 10:41 PM

Ha-ha - didn't know that one! (Try http://www.barbhall.com/humour.php)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
This topic gives lots of information about it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By PianoStudent88BrianDX, congratulations on your achievements! I'm in IT also, and understand the desire for a methodical approach . Let us know what you and your teacher decide on. We talked about it tonight. My teacher pretty
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Kawai James @ 05/18/16 10:34 PM

Nice. How does it compare with the music stores local to you in NYC? Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts YAMAHA AvantGrand N3 by mischeli @ 05/18/16 10:33 PM

My Dream
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ 05/18/16 10:30 PM

... 21. Moonlight Sonata (1st Mov) (Beethoven) (AR) 22. Strawberry Malt (Faber) (OC) 23. French Minuet (Lully) (OF) 24. Mazurka In F Major (Faber) (OC) 25. The Spy (Faber) (OC) 26. Silver Rain Etude (Faber) (OC) 27. Polka (Primo) (Hummel) (OF) 28. Da
Page 78 of 80 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3?
by Schazti011
05/25/16 07:18 PM
Why music, when you can improv?
by Panolof
05/25/16 07:15 PM
Kawai CS-X1
by EssBrace
05/25/16 04:37 PM
Cunningham Piano/Dave Frank- Pat Martino master class 5/22
by Dfrankjazz
05/25/16 03:21 PM
Resource on Learning how to play by ear
by sonhnguyen
05/25/16 02:04 PM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,926 Topics
2,527,680 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission