Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
156 registered (alwatson, ARpiano, Arty Movie, agraffe, 22 invisible), 2493 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales question by SonatainfSharp @ 02/16/17 12:55 PM

I have never heard this before. But there was a time in harpsichord technique that fingers 4 and 5 would alternate once you "ran out of fingers" (such as 1,2,3,4,5,4,5). Chopin did some of this, too, in his own fingering for light passages
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha U3 by Minna @ 02/16/17 12:51 PM

From my limited experience dealing with Yamaha authorized dealers when considering to purchase a new C3X, there were not much room in negotiating the price. But I didn't press very hard so maybe you can try. Personally I think the best approach is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Pianoteq purchase gone wrong by David B @ 02/16/17 12:44 PM

I learned about virtual pianos on this forum and I thought I'd give it a try. So I purchased Pianoteq stage version for 129.00 dollars last night. Everything went fine with the download and hardware compatibility on my end. The software does exactly
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another opinion seeker for upright piano by Pneuma @ 02/16/17 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerThere are some that have the opinion that an upright will hinder the development of a student's progress. I have a suspician that this attitude is one that is the result of pianists playing uprights that are old, or if new
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Thanks a lot! One last question: I just noticed that if I move the action out even SLIGHTLY (1/2"), the ghosting problem completely goes away. I can test this by strumming the strings loudly, whether the action is in or out. Dampers work great
Jump to new posts Re: Iron plate cracking/breaking in an upright by UnrightTooner @ 02/16/17 12:29 PM

I wonder if the tension on the nose bolt had something to do with the breakage on the Rosenkranz. This was a restringing job, right? The plate had held the tension when new so why not now, unless something changed like the scaling or the nose bolt or
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Confidence issues by WhoDwaldi @ 02/16/17 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By RubberFingersYou might unplug the headphones for a week, and practice "in front" of her. I used to play the organ, which was public practice. I never liked that! Even picking the softest stop was a public event. And pr
You might be able to square up the dampers with the strings by adjusting the damper wires, or moving the strings if there are not agraffes. Working on pianos takes imagination sometimes.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
This is a joke, right?
Marco Parisi - Prince's "Purple Rain" on the Seaboard RISE
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano Sounds by BDB @ 02/16/17 12:18 PM

It is an old Viennese action piano. Damage to the strings is the least of the problems with it.
Jump to new posts Re: and now for something entirely different, the Lowery Rialto by clothearednincompo @ 02/16/17 12:18 PM

Now that's "State Of The Art". Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWIKQMBBTtk
Thanks so much BDB. Yes, this piano does have spoons. I'm honing in on the problem: on some dampers, the felt is shifted significantly to the RIGHT (i.e. towards treble). This results in some LEFT strings (in 3 string sets) not being dampened nearl
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Here are a couple of hotel suggestions: https://ms-maestranza-dot-ms-hoteles.appspot.com/booking1?sid=893c6759-d577-4357-8a33-5f32fcc3dcfa We have stayed at the MS Maestranza, and it is quiet and pretty nice overall. It is the closest hotel. http:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Confidence issues by RubberFingers @ 02/16/17 12:07 PM

You might unplug the headphones for a week, and practice "in front" of her. I used to play the organ, which was public practice. I never liked that! Even picking the softest stop was a public event. And practicing with a silent keyboard ju
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/M1WemnsB98o?t=2[/video]
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions,advice wanted regarding some issues by Richrf @ 02/16/17 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By StubbieRelaxation is a part--a sub-set--of technique. Relaxation in my view is not a subset. It is core. It is fundamental. How does one find it? For some it comes natural. They sit down at a piano and immediately feel at ease.
O_o
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA97 noisy pedal unit by calee @ 02/16/17 11:55 AM

Thanks all! I had adjusted the pedal support bolt when the piano first arrived, but I went back to examine it after reading your responses and realized that our floors are slightly uneven so the bolt was not stable. No more creaking after placing thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions,advice wanted regarding some issues by Stubbie @ 02/16/17 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By RichrfMy suggestion would be two fold: 1) Watch on YouTube artists such as Rubenstein or Lang Lang and observe how effortlessly they play. They play with an inner energy that you can also learn by playing with a completely relax
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Grieg Cadenza fingering 2 by BruceD @ 02/16/17 11:31 AM

Grieg Cadenza fingering 2
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA97 noisy pedal unit by Goss @ 02/16/17 11:28 AM

Yes ; page 14 of your manual „Adjusting the pedal support bolt A pedal support bolt is attached at the base of the pedal board to aid stability when the pedals are pushed. Turn the bolt anticlockwise until it makes contact with the floor and supp
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Grieg Cadenza fingering by BruceD @ 02/16/17 11:28 AM

Grieg Cadenza fingering
Page 78 of 89 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 88 89 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Any piano teachers in this forum...
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
02/22/17 03:34 PM
Recommendations for wire-bending pliers/backcheck tool
by Brock Tyler
02/22/17 03:06 PM
Splitting the VPC-1 Keyboard?
by newbert
02/22/17 02:52 PM
Lack of sustain in 6th octave
by Almaviva
02/22/17 02:18 PM
Duane Shinn's "Naked Music" Course?
by newbert
02/22/17 01:30 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,767 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,651 Topics
2,600,831 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission