Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
134 registered (ajames, accordeur, 36251, Ahmedn1, amadeus90, 34 invisible), 1419 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you so much Morodiene!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by Nordomus @ 05/19/16 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By stephen22I've got the files off the CD and it was easier than I thought. There are 34 wav files for the 3 movements totalling 378 Mb. You will need to burn them to a CD with zero delay between tracks. Can you cope with that? I th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by Edb123 @ 05/19/16 02:45 PM

Kawai James and propianist - would u guys recommend buying an MP8/MP8II now in 2016 ? Thanx in advance
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do you use for training? by leel @ 05/19/16 02:43 PM

I have a Yamaha P2 (definitely not in the same class as those above ) ;and my teacher has a Yamaha P22. One would think they'd be very much alike, but I always have to reaccustom my ear to a different sound. It seems to be pitched higher than my pi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by stephen22 @ 05/19/16 02:40 PM

I've got the files off the CD and it was easier than I thought. There are 34 wav files for the 3 movements totalling 378 Mb. You will need to burn them to a CD with zero delay between tracks. Can you cope with that? I think any CD burner probably inc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by Nordomus @ 05/19/16 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By mrenaudI don't quite understand, it quite clearly says "(excerpts)" on the cover page? LOL you are right, I guess my mind rejected that piece of info because for it- it was ridiculous. But stephen22 if you have full ve
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do you use for training? by Morodiene @ 05/19/16 02:37 PM

Are you having buyer's remorse? Having a high-quality instrument is certainly helpful for anyone to learn on - even beginners. However, what's more important is that the instrument is in good repair (tuned, regulated, and voiced to your liking), and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ 05/19/16 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By doctor S My sister wants me to play in nursing homes (which is where I still work). I'm afraid of "Doctor, can you look at my..." Medical advice to follow program, in lieu of a reception... LOL!!!! Seriously thou
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Laughing during a piano lesson by INBoston @ 05/19/16 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene"OK, now let's try that again without looking like we're doing brain surgery!" That just totally made me laugh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by doctor S @ 05/19/16 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By coasterOn another note... I played through all my repertoire today on a crummy spinet at a local nursing home... My Mom cooked up a recital of rep through round 2 + 2 Scarlattis at a music store in Phoenix, with a nice Yamaha g
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piano do you use for training? by wouter79 @ 05/19/16 02:14 PM

I have only a grotrian 189 grand I use it for everything I think it's good to have a top instrument to work on for everything. Some different instruments would be nice to get used to different feels so that you are not thrown off when you are on
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of getting a Casio PX-5S by TheodorN @ 05/19/16 02:14 PM

I believe you could benefit from this YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/PianoManChuck/featured He has reviewed almost every popular digital piano, and even drops in every now and then on these forums.
Jump to new posts Re: Arturia releases new modeled Piano by Beakybird @ 05/19/16 02:14 PM

I played around with demo. It's not ready for prime time. I couldn't get an acceptable latency with either sound card. No problems with Pianoteq. The models sound interesting. If they could fix the audio settings. I would give the demo another try.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Music Minus One by mrenaud @ 05/19/16 02:11 PM

I don't quite understand, it quite clearly says "(excerpts)" on the cover page?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transition time between lessons? by pianofan1017 @ 05/19/16 02:08 PM

I am a student and not teacher. I usually go to my lesson early sometime ten minutes early. But I would wait outside until my teacher finish with the other students. Most of the studio I went they have waiting room outside unless you are teaching at
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: New "old" August Förster by pby5a @ 05/19/16 02:07 PM

It's an old thread on here I found that info. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1198717/Re:%20Asbestos%20in%20Pianos.html And I just found that I saw it wrong with the serial number. It's a 70's piano. It kinda has that style to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by coaster @ 05/19/16 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By coasterOn another note... I played through all my repertoire today on a crummy spinet at a local nursing home that I visit once a month. I knew they'd be a sweet audience and it really helps to ge
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of getting a Casio PX-5S by FramedLink @ 05/19/16 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By dmdI would go to a music store and try out some pianos or digital pianos and have someone there help you with your posture at the piano. Or ... Have a teacher come to your home and help you with yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Child vs Adult Learning Material for Adults by yellojello @ 05/19/16 02:02 PM

I'm 34 and starting to learn piano. I haven't purchased any books yet, but have downloaded some iPad apps and watched some youtube videos. There have been a lot of great recommendations on this site so far. I watched a few videos of the Hoffman Aca
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of getting a Casio PX-5S by TheodorN @ 05/19/16 02:02 PM

I see, I thought the so they say...only applied to the synthesizer part. In that case, so many sales people, say their instruments feel like real pianos, though I'd like to maintain the PX-5S feels pretty good. I can't tell if it feels like a real p
Jump to new posts Re: New "old" August Förster by BDB @ 05/19/16 02:00 PM

Why would the hammers have asbestos in them? Wool is pretty fire resistant by itself.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
I learned the RH Alkan Etude while recovering 3 1/2 years ago from reconstructive surgery on my left hand. I am back working on it as therapy for my RH after surgery. My plan is to record all three by the end of the year with the LH etude due out by
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by phantomFive @ 05/19/16 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By coasterOn another note... I played through all my repertoire today on a crummy spinet at a local nursing home that I visit once a month. I knew they'd be a sweet audience and it really helps to get used to playing these things i
Jump to new posts New "old" August Förster by pby5a @ 05/19/16 01:46 PM

Hi all! First post and totally new on the forum. More of a sax player. I got a piano from my family and it's a Czechoslovakian upright of the Förster brand, the number is 104250. Is it really as old as the 1900's? That's what I found anyway. It has
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by mischeli @ 05/19/16 01:45 PM

Despite the most complex & HQ layer switching samples, classic filter is still applied over it. Only with sample you can get sound but no right feeling. something like wah wah ... engineering is always more complex than simple logic!
Page 79 of 80 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ragtime
by fatar760
05/26/16 12:23 PM
Should you take lessons from same teacher as your child?
by ViennaAutumn
05/26/16 10:42 AM
My upright is good enough for me
by Beemer
05/26/16 08:09 AM
Damper Spring Rail?
by Beemer
05/26/16 05:39 AM
Proper Recital Attire?
by MacMorrighan
05/25/16 11:36 PM
Forum Stats
83,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,939 Topics
2,527,914 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission