Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
66 registered (b_astro, cfrederi, chopinoholic, 17 invisible), 1230 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by joe80 @ 04/29/16 01:59 PM

Honestly it depends what I'm playing. If I'm playing something that has a large percentage of it in the high treble, I'll move my seat slightly to the right. This makes it more comfortable for me to play in that area over long passages. I sit quite f
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by mcoll @ 04/29/16 01:59 PM

Normally I'd agree with you about the quote, but given that Joe has tried to convince us for the last 2 pages that the third sensor was useless, I couldn't resist the temptation :)) Not too long ago (just when the piano was coming to be), there were
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Do you teach arpeggios in inversions? by Piano d'Amore @ 04/29/16 01:50 PM

I am wondering if any of you teach your students to play arpeggios in inversions. I notice that "The Complete Book of Scales, Chords, Arpeggios, and Cadences" from Alfred's Basic Piano Library includes arpeggios in inversions, but I do not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by ebonykawai @ 04/29/16 01:41 PM

Wow, that first one is maybe the ugliest piano I've ever seen! Piano organ is really interesting, I wonder who made them? Never seen one before! Apparently the "Grand Piano Company" was out of North Carolina, but it's almost impossible to
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bolt Unfortunately - or fortunately, depending on how you look at it - my playing has progressed much faster than my reading, and the further the playing gets ahead of the reading the more the reading suffers, in some kind of po
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by 8 Octaves @ 04/29/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiI take it the Steinway is Hamburg, not NY. I'm not really getting that NY state of mind. Yes, the Steinway is a Hamburg Steinway D. @Rickster, patience, grasshopper.... will reveal answer soon.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I'm afraid not. What that teacher meant was he wanted ET but he didn't know the name for it but he did know the name for something he also knew almost nothing about. Sure, I knew what he was talking about. He had gone to hear a piano tuned in a mu
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By guylI've been logging every hour spent on the piano and right now I'm up to 9,997 hours. In 3 hours I'll finally be able to play correctly. I'm so excited! Do you feel you are now among the elite in your piano skill? For me to
Jump to new posts Re: Grado vs Sennheiser HD598 for The Grandeur by rychubil @ 04/29/16 01:20 PM

Open headphones - Philips Fidelio X1 or X2. Very comfortable for long listening, only 32-Ohm, pure sound. Personally I think about it for future.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Movie Impromptu by BruceD @ 04/29/16 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDThe movie "Impromptu" was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. That doesn't say much, since I haven't been in a movie theatre since. There are many bad movies that I haven't seen! Regards, Oops! Actual
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone tell me the name of this piece? by Michiyo-Fir @ 04/29/16 01:19 PM

I don't really know anything much about it other than seeing this CD and hearing this particular piece. I don't actually know what the entire thing is about nor do I really know the music. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/sir-charles-precious-musi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by Michiyo-Fir @ 04/29/16 01:18 PM

I have a slightly larger chair than the average stool so I it's placed centre while I'm able to move on it as I need to for different pieces but for the most part I would say I sit center.
Adult Beginners Forum
I've been logging every hour spent on the piano and right now I'm up to 9,997 hours. In 3 hours I'll finally be able to play correctly. I'm so excited!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by Michiyo-Fir @ 04/29/16 01:15 PM

Sounds good! I will try to make some of these! I might be back in Vancouver over the weekend or having family visiting, so no promises but I will try my best
Adult Beginners Forum
I found out about 10,000-hour rule reading Piano World. I didn't know about the book or the research until the interview. The interview with Ericsson clearly states that through his research, those elite in whatever they did, they reached their lev
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital expectations by AZNpiano @ 04/29/16 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDX In fact, she has stated that the overall concept of musicality cannot really be taught; you either have it or you don't. It depends on what musicality means. As a teacher, you can always train a student to imitate a cer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by WhoDwaldi @ 04/29/16 12:48 PM

1 might be Steingraeber, 4 Steinway, though. (But, I'll stay with my original wager.) Katsaris is really pushing the RH in that passage, regardless (and the orchestral strings are annoying in clip 1). Can we have 'nuther pianist? 😀 I take it the
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts qiuet minimal piano music by sjorsmans @ 04/29/16 12:42 PM

Hey guys, i'm a composer and a pianist and have recorded some music on my Yamaha Upright using the felt between the hammers to make the piano more quiet and subtle. you can check out my stuff over here : https://soundcloud.com/capalades let me kno
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by David Farley @ 04/29/16 12:29 PM

Reporting in from Chicago. I kind of like this one, but nice try on the Liberace reference. He was a Baldwin man all the way. http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/5550921506.html Here's two more: A piano-organ! Anybody know who made these? http
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by petes1 @ 04/29/16 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By pianophilOriginally Posted By JoeTYes, as I stated in the post linked by me. Pianoteq then plays a dying off note (as if a bad regulated damper slowly sinks onto the strings) while in fact its damper is still being fully lifted b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by ebonykawai @ 04/29/16 12:19 PM

Sticking keys, missing hammer for $4000, lol. http://erie.craigslist.org/for/5560996403.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signature Piano Tones by Make by Rickster @ 04/29/16 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiI'll guess (and be wrong) 1) Yamy 2) 'way 3) Bosie 4) 'greaber I like 4 best, 1 least with the way my ears are screwed on at the moment. That's because your Howard/Kawai 550 has a nice, mellowish tone. If we don't get
Adult Beginners Forum
Quote:That, what we’re talking about with 10,000 hours is: how long does it take to bring talent to fruition? To take some baseline level of ability and allow it to properly express itself and flourish. Bringing talent to fruition is the key conce
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a one year old? by alerique @ 04/29/16 12:10 PM

I'm inclined to agree that toy pianos are just that - toys. Korg is a posh toy, others are cheaper, but they have nothing to do with music or developing a child into a musician, or developing child's musicality. For this matter, any toy piano will d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you sit? by gooddog @ 04/29/16 12:10 PM

I sit roughly in the middle of the keyboard, maybe slightly toward the bass, but it depends on the music I am playing. Occasionally I will slide left or right as the music demands. I sit on the front third of the bench, feet over the pedals. I'm shor
Page 79 of 84 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 83 84 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New piano action settling?
by Beemer
05/06/16 03:29 AM
Music Notes & Keyboards Swimming Pool
by Piano Valentine
05/05/16 10:59 PM
Little help from Kimball owners
by Davemaster84
05/05/16 10:42 PM
Mason & Hamlin Visit & ProRecord MIDI System
by Piano World
05/05/16 05:53 PM
retrofitting MIDI on a grand piano
by peterspiano
05/05/16 05:08 PM
Forum Stats
83,527 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,443 Topics
2,521,689 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission