Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (Amosdoll, accordeur, AndyP, AZ_Astro, AprilE, ando, 15 invisible), 1924 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Not really all that difficult to read music if you giv it a serious try. once the basics are known all the little signs just drop in.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap headphone amp recommendation? by Digitalguy @ 02/20/17 03:31 PM

I have 2 HA400 too and am very happy with them, lots of power and zero noise at any volume, I use them with my HD598 (50 ohms) and all my other headphones so that they all have the same volume, and above all they allow me to lower the volume on both
Jump to new posts Casio Natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard by Vid @ 02/20/17 03:25 PM

https://actioninmusic.co.uk I just ran across this on the interwebs and wondering if anyone has tried one of these hybrid keyboards? The action looks promising.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by guitarjunior19 @ 02/20/17 03:24 PM

Richard, thank you for that in-depth answer. That did help clarify some things about the small differences in minor vs. major...Also, I am from the camp of learning by ear and patterns vs sheet music. I can read some music (previous violin student),
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Small hands by pianoloverus @ 02/20/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogWhen you open your hand to its widest, can you stretch it so your thumb and pinky are parallel? If not, then you have room to gradually and carefully improve your reach. Literally parallel? For my left hand, the angle is a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by guitarjunior19 @ 02/20/17 03:18 PM

I appreciate all the answers, but let me clarify. I am not looking for answers that say to practice longer or harder. I am looking for the best technique to learn the scales besides just long hours and memorization. I think I will memorize patterns l
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Challenge of Aural Piano Tuning by David Boyce @ 02/20/17 03:16 PM

Quote:you can usually count on the fact that most people do not hear out of tune intervals and if you just focus on clean unisons you will likely be ok Indeed. That reminded me of comments by technician Linda Marten, on p65 of Steve Brady's excellen
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Packard Serial number / age by thrashercharged @ 02/20/17 03:11 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have a small Packard Grand, I believe serial# 135,810 (found this stamped into the wood on the underside underneath the keyboard). Could someone tell me the year it was made? Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: podcast recommendation? by Miguel Rey @ 02/20/17 03:07 PM

try coursera
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova clp-950 stopped working. by Goss @ 02/20/17 03:04 PM

Ouch =/ Sorry to hear that.. I hope the tech gave tips as to how to avoid this from happening with your (hopefully) next piano?!
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by paxel @ 02/20/17 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By Goss... The Roland PHA-50 action is a little on the heavy side ( 65 grams on middle C ) but the Yamaha CLP585 for example is 68 grams - heavier still. The feel may be influenced by many things. You mention you tried Kawais going
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by zrtf90 @ 02/20/17 02:54 PM

The alphabet contains 26 letters. Not only do you have to recognise all of them but many of them have different shapes for the capitals than for the smaller letters and different shapes for different fonts. On top of that we also have to learn the o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Small hands by gooddog @ 02/20/17 02:51 PM

Welcome to the forum Supercrazyflipper. As bennevis said, it would be helpful to know how far you can reach. I have small hands and can reach an uncomfortable 9th but there is very little I can't play. Strategies: Have you tried shifting notes be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by bSharp[C]yclist @ 02/20/17 02:50 PM

For learning scales and such, I found the following (and my teacher) to be very useful. Start with B major https://www.amazon.com/Scales-Chords-Arpeggios-Cadences-Complete/dp/0739003682
Piano Forum
I think there was a thread here on this subject but I cannot find it. Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by bennevis @ 02/20/17 02:40 PM

Why not learn a scale every fortnight? Or even one a month? Rome wasn't built in a day. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. BTW, learning piano is akin to a thousand-mile journey on foot - with everything from desert to lakes
Jump to new posts Re: gig-worthy electric piano speaker questions by DukeLeJeune @ 02/20/17 02:40 PM

Thank you all VERY MUCH for your input! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to educate me, or at least try to! I have a few follow-up questions: 1. With a vertical array speaker like the JBL Eon One, or the Bose L1, have you ever found
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts What does the percent increase from SMP to MSRP indicate? by pianoloverus @ 02/20/17 02:37 PM

More specifically, if the percent increase is large compared to average or median of other makes does this indicate that: 1. The dealer and/or manufacturer hopes that the buyer will use the MSRP as the starting place for negotiation(or just accept t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 02/20/17 02:35 PM

47 Bsharp(C)yclist Excellent work for so little experiece. Text book stuff, not a finger wrong! You'll go far. Both on or off the bike! 48 Ivojnovic More lovely work from a true beginner. Splendid tempo, trills and good authorative playing! 49
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by John William @ 02/20/17 02:32 PM

Very good info about 3-pedals, thanks Goss, and, about space between keys, I think it's normal because it's an entry level DP, but when it's exessive, well, it's a little disappointing, especially that it's about Kawai, which specializes in the manuf
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap headphone amp recommendation? by CyberGene @ 02/20/17 02:28 PM

I don't care about compatibility with the HD-650 because they are strictly for listening to music. The HD-595 will be dedicated to the CFX entirely.
Jump to new posts Re: gig-worthy electric piano speaker questions by DukeLeJeune @ 02/20/17 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By cphollisI promised you all a write-up on how to dial in the CPS SSv3 for acoustic pianos, and here it is: http://chucksblog.typepad.com/late_bloomer/2017/02/dialing-in-the-cps-spacestation-v3.html Best of luck! Thank you very
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by MacMacMac @ 02/20/17 02:15 PM

Goss brings up a good point.Originally Posted By GossBargaining wise you got to mentally turn things round - its not that you want the piano, its that they want your money I would add that you don't have to think of this as "bargaining". In
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Older Cunningham pianos by mc_2 @ 02/20/17 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By Rich Galassini Originally Posted By Miguel ReyNo manufacture name anywhere yet a serial#? large crack horribly out of tune? You might want to move on, a lot of options out there. I agree with you Miguel. mc_2, This does
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by guitarjunior19 @ 02/20/17 02:09 PM

I just started learning piano and understand that if you learn the fingering positions or numbers and apply the WS WS HS WS WS WS HS formula then you can figure out the scales without memorizing every position and note. Knowing the fingering patterns
Page 79 of 86 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 85 86 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Career Academy -diary for Russian Method online course
by Richrf
02/26/17 11:12 PM
Making Lemonade. (Practice while an injury heals)
by Oongawa
02/26/17 09:57 PM
Another recital story
by sara elizabeth
02/26/17 09:15 PM
carpet saver
by David Farley
02/26/17 05:16 PM
George Steck Price?? Help me please
by Carmen92
02/26/17 05:05 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,812 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,738 Topics
2,602,155 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission