Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
72 registered (Bellicapelli, beeboss, 36251, Batuhan, 18 invisible), 868 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By NahumIn practice, you can combine guitar kick with snare-drum, only strumming exalts the role of the rhythm guitar. I don't understand what you're saying here. Can you please define "guitar kick with snare-drum"
Adult Beginners Forum
I play the arpeggio 1-2-4-1-2-4-1-2-4 then with my 3rd finger I hit the C, trill the B/C/B with 2/3/2. I recorded this video several years ago, around the 0:43 mark you can see my fingering on that part. edit: to answer your question if it is cruci
Adult Beginners Forum
congratulations - the first year can be hard but you have stuck with it and now making beautiful music
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A thought about having 2 different lessons by Basia C. @ 05/17/15 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By Albert BrightenMy sister has a piano, as do many of my friends though none play; their kids take lessons however. When I visit I feel the piano calling me. And sometimes the home owner will remark, "Albert, you play piano. W
Piano Teachers Forum
A movement from this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvrqRpZ63w4 Or a movement from this, perhaps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e2AEfDCsfo The first youtube video is a collection of 7 duets, semi-difficult and quite impressive in the concer
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 music stand by rnaple @ 05/17/15 02:19 AM

They make clamp on music stands. Clamp them on microphone stands or even on a music stand. Moves the music closer. Change the height. I have a K&M that I like. Don't love it. It isn't very big. It works.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by wouter79 @ 05/17/15 02:19 AM

50. Cat_W Katharina Wittfeld piece: Nocturne - for left hand alone technical: clipping: no, keeping a good distance from the clip point balance L/R: ok noise: some white noise bass: fair piano sound: ok musical: overall impression, like: a sombe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carl Nielsen Chaconne Score by Nikolas @ 05/17/15 02:15 AM

If you're looking to "get" the score, then there's this: http://imslp.org/wiki/Chaconne,_Op.32_%28Nielsen,_Carl%29 Nieslen died in 1931, so it's copyright free, as far as I can tell. And then there's this: http://www.musicroom.com/se/id_n
Piano Teachers Forum
I love the Poulenc Sonata for Piano 4 hands. But it's a little on the advanced side, and not really good for sight reading. Dello Joio's Stage Parodies are tons of fun!! Moszkowski's Spanish Dance No. 2 is a crowd-pleaser.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by ElaineAllegro @ 05/17/15 01:57 AM

Thank you casinitaly, Jotur, Jytte, and Tom Christian; your comments made my day! Just a few more thoughts at random for the moment. 16. wouter79 - Swipesy Cake Walk I enjoyed your interpretation of this – a great showcase for your strong dyn
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: list of tuning pitches by chopin_r_us @ 05/17/15 01:54 AM

Maybe I'll start my own. A friend just had his Steinway tuned - I'll take my tablet with me when I visit this week. Olek, you're back! What joy. Check the Pleyel thread in the Piano Forum.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pleyel piano--Cheap! by chopin_r_us @ 05/17/15 01:49 AM

Wooden frame, straight strung. The strings will be of a much lighter iron. There are a number of early string suppliers in the UK. If it was here I'd jump at it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by candlelightpiano @ 05/17/15 01:47 AM

If this doesn't tell you that I'm a night owl, I don't know what does. I just recorded this piece at midnight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNmCK5GfiI&feature=youtu.be
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Gaia Synthesizer by Bachus @ 05/17/15 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By AuverHi! From what I've read on the interwebs is that the Roland Gaia sounds really bad. Appereantly the waveforms are sampled instead of modelled. Such nonsense, the best sounding VST synthesizer Omnisphere2 is sample based,
Adult Beginners Forum
Great sensitivity. Keep using your ears, because they're doing you well.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ 05/17/15 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By outoIt's not actually a song for kids, but a classical song. The words are by someone who is residing in the Southern Europe (Italy maybe...) and is sending a message to his Northern homeland with the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Carl Nielsen Chaconne Score by pianorigami @ 05/17/15 01:20 AM

Hello- I need to purchase the Nielsen Chaconne Op. 32, but I am having trouble finding it. If someone knows where to look, or has the link, that'd be great. Thanks in advance-
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: glueing plastic keytops with hide glue... by jinorden @ 05/17/15 01:16 AM

Thank you all! I am grateful for every answer I got. Keith, thank you for your offer, but there is not enough time. I am repairing an upright in a church, they'll be using it in a few days. The tops came unglued on some 20 keys. They tried to glue
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What got you into or restarting piano as an adult? by grace_note @ 05/17/15 01:11 AM

I totally hear you. Even though we are not the sponge-like creatures we were as children (sponge-like meaning that we assimilate ideas/abilities rapidly), neuro-scientists are finding that the human brain is much more resilliant than previously thou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just wondering if I'm losing my mind... by phacke @ 05/17/15 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgott If you have the score up, and can read from it, that is a great backup. Fine remark. Best wishes-
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Whizbang @ 05/17/15 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By outoIt's not actually a song for kids, but a classical song. The words are by someone who is residing in the Southern Europe (Italy maybe...) and is sending a message to his Northern homeland with the moving birds. So yes, it's a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Preliminaries for XVII International Chopin Piano Comp't. by Eduard Hanslick @ 05/17/15 01:09 AM

I'm shocked about Ms. Dong not qualifying, given her very high level of playing in 2010. I actually didn't have a problem with her tempo in the Nocturne Op. 27. Maybe it could have been a hair or two faster. However, her butt came off the bench,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with Kawai Dealers by Pianist93 @ 05/17/15 12:48 AM

I wonder that too. But it's never easy to get the money back once it's in the dealer's pockets.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with Kawai Dealers by Pianist93 @ 05/17/15 12:46 AM

When I tried the first piano, the piano had just arrived in the showroom from another city and they said that it couldn't be tuned at that time as the piano takes time to adjust according to the surroundings of the new region. I however, managed to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What got you into or restarting piano as an adult? by grace_note @ 05/17/15 12:38 AM

As a child growing up, we always had a piano. I muddled through the John Thompson books, but never had a real teacher. My mother played a little and had the books for me and my sister, but we were mostly self taught. At around 14, I started to pla
Page 79 of 106 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 105 106 >
Trade Regrets - Gary Burgett
A tribute to Gary Burgett 1950-2015 one of the founders of PianoDisc and Mason & Hamlin. RIP Gary
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
J. P. Schiedmayer, G 314
by Man
05/22/15 01:41 AM
First day at piano camp
by TwoSnowflakes
05/22/15 12:07 AM
New GEAR alert!
by Jay Roland
05/21/15 10:00 PM
John Thompson's Modern Course
by TheGift
05/21/15 06:32 PM
Few questions from a beginner.
by praisethesun
05/21/15 05:00 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,367 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,236 Topics
2,409,059 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission