Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (AZ_Astro, AprilE, accordeur, AmateurBob, anamnesis, 33 invisible), 1235 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have I Moved to the Dark Side? by jdw @ 07/01/15 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Musicdude Don't be afraid to test your student's sight reading skills by placing something new in front of them, that is within their skill level, of course. I can't think of any reason why a st
Adult Beginners Forum
Linda, great job! Do you enjoy the blues songs that are in Alfred's BSW, Nice work on passing On Top of Old Smokey and adding some metronome practice. It will not be distracting as you do more of it.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by SwissMS @ 07/01/15 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By casinitaly2 more sleeps!!!!! Can't wait! You're sleeping? I gave that up Monday! The preparations are ready, but not my pieces have been a bit neglected! I will just have to wing it. I am also bringing Nikolas's "Fairyl
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DeadPoets @ 07/01/15 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By toddyHow extraordinary! Will anyone buy it? the seller :P
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by toddy @ 07/01/15 10:06 AM

How extraordinary! Will anyone buy it?
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DeadPoets @ 07/01/15 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By Morodiene the PHA alpha II keyboard and the FP-7 has the PHA II keyboard - not sure if these are the same. They are absolutely not the same! The PHA alpha II has a horribl
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by Morodiene @ 07/01/15 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By Morodiene the PHA alpha II keyboard and the FP-7 has the PHA II keyboard - not sure if these are the same. They are absolutely not the same! The PHA alpha II has a horrible bouncy-lever feeling to it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by Olek @ 07/01/15 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By Dale FoxI tune for several really good ragtime and stride players. They want a clean tuning with clean unisons. One fella can play ragtime and make you tear up. You forget you re listening to ragtime and you forget all the ster
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DeadPoets @ 07/01/15 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By toddyOriginally Posted By DonZon A used FP-4 is around $1000. Sounds extremely optimistic to me. Surely less than half of that, unless it's gained mythic status for some reason like the JP-8. There's one on eBay going for 12
What's your budget? You may want to look at the Casio PX-5S. It's a stage piano, but it has a lot of synth options. You can't create your own sounds, but you can tweak a lot of the parameters which may be enough for your purposes now. Plus, you get
Adult Beginners Forum
Wow! You are on a role, Casinitaly! I am looking forward to hearing your Sonatina on Saturday. See you soon.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Store/Organize Your Sheet Music by Tim Adrianson @ 07/01/15 09:57 AM

Hi, Opus 1! In my case, I don't have "exposed" shelves -- the bulk of my music is "hidden" in office filing cabinets, or in one case, on shelves within an enclosed cabinet, for music I'm presently working on. Organizationally, I
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by toddy @ 07/01/15 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By Morodiene the PHA alpha II keyboard and the FP-7 has the PHA II keyboard - not sure if these are the same. They are absolutely not the same! The PHA alpha II has a horrible bouncy-lever feeling to it. On the other hand, PHAII i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help on a Piano Piece by Piano Master 757 @ 07/01/15 09:55 AM

It seems the problem is the acoustic piano. When I tried playing the same arpeggio on a digital piano, the bass was not as deep and low. Thanks for all the help, I will try to use your suggestions.
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by toddy @ 07/01/15 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By DonZon A used FP-4 is around $1000. Sounds extremely optimistic to me. Surely less than half of that, unless it's gained mythic status for some reason like the JP-8.
Jump to new posts Re: Lubrication choices by Olek @ 07/01/15 09:52 AM

Trombone grease on pins or deer grease, stay slippery for years. The white lube sold by protect is not bad but less slippery. Before luring, pins are cleaned with mineral spirit or another solvent Clp is useless there Teflon spray, some are effic
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by Morodiene @ 07/01/15 09:50 AM

Does the FP-4 have the same action as the FP-7? The Roland website states the the FP-4 has the PHA alpha II keyboard and the FP-7 has the PHA II keyboard - not sure if these are the same. I still use my FP-7 once in a while. Some of the sounds I pre
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 07/01/15 09:49 AM

I also said Medvedev was among my favorites when I scanned them all to choose one to root for.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 07/01/15 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By fnorkNow that we have all of the performances behind us, I was thinking that a good topic for discussion could be if you PW members think there were some particular pianists in the first or second round that caught your interest
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by David Jenson @ 07/01/15 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By Jake JacksonIn the video, what is the thing\device\toy that he adjusts at the very start, and which spins slowly the entire time? I think it's a metronome.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano for young by Morodiene @ 07/01/15 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By MorodieneOne comment, if your daughter is just starting you don't necessarily need 3 pedals. Only when you get to very advanced music will you ever really have a need for the other two pedals, in which cas
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DonZon @ 07/01/15 09:40 AM

Dead poets, correct, acoustic piano and electric piano. Crocus, so did you sell your Fp-4? And your right, the RD-800 is Rolands top of the line stage keyboard, with a $2500 price tag. A used FP-4 is around $1000.
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by Jake Jackson @ 07/01/15 09:32 AM

In the video, what is the thing\device\toy that he adjusts at the very start, and which spins slowly the entire time?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ 07/01/15 09:26 AM

I still haven't gotten back to doing anything though I just got my files off of my old hard drive and all the pieces I've downloaded from before are on there. I'll have to go through them later on to see what's in there. I'm still stuck at 19 but h
Jump to new posts Re: Piano for young by toddy @ 07/01/15 09:25 AM

You only need one pedal: the sustain. The 'soft' pedal is nice to have, but rarely needs to be used since you can get 'soft' simply by using the right finger technique - and that is what piano pupils need to develop first: a good range of sounds from
Page 79 of 94 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Themed recitals
by outo
07/07/15 12:01 AM
What should I do with this Friedr Ehrbar Pianoforte?
by Tralexer
07/06/15 11:48 PM
Students who "test" you
by Maybelle
07/06/15 10:20 PM
For Dave Brubeck Fans
by PianogrlNW
07/06/15 09:16 PM
Piano serial no
by balian
07/06/15 08:44 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,888 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,352 Topics
2,424,650 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission