Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (AllanH, Anita Potter, 36251, Amateur Jerry, alans, 33 invisible), 1568 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
What Bruce said. Although for a large chord you'd want to think of a very large ball like holding the side of a beach ball. Just keep the non playing fingers relaxed and don't let any part of the finger get higher than the big knuckle where the finge
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help With A Piano by Kénan @ 04/14/15 03:23 PM

Hello, I'm going on vacation soon for a month to a place I visit frequently. I'd like to buy a piano and was looking for one and saw this was the cheapest of ANY even without stand and pedal. The name is a Arius STN 800 and I was wondering if anyone
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by jspicoli @ 04/14/15 03:22 PM

Thanks!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by jspicoli @ 04/14/15 03:22 PM

Thanks, I only opened the light blocking curtains to take the picture..they typically remain closed
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK6600? by ElmerJFudd @ 04/14/15 03:19 PM

I think this really depends on your playing experience. Were you brought up using an acoustic piano?. Was it half way decent?. If not what sort of player are you? Pop/Rock? Jazz/Classical? Do you even want or need a weighted action?. Or are you con
Pianist Corner
Maybe a general answer is any work whose depth of musicality far outweighs the technicalities of playing it. I suppose I have to give an example - which will probably be contested. So, the musicality of a Saint-Saens piano concerto does not transce
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by dire tonic @ 04/14/15 03:15 PM

- thanks OneWatt - you haven't indicated at what level you play the piano. Your generous advice would suggest quite high?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Toronto Symphony cancels Valentina Lisitsa by johnlewisgrant @ 04/14/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By BWV988Originally Posted By wrAfter some Canadian newspapers weighed in against the TSO, I see that yesterday another one, The National Post, published not one but two pieces favoring the TSO. Not being familiar with Canadian
Pianist Corner
I find it somewhat depressing to watch because none of the competitors look like they are enjoying playing. Of course, this is perfectly understandable because the pressure and what's at stake.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meet Frank Baxter! by Glenn Treibitz @ 04/14/15 03:09 PM

Nicely done Rich. Frank is a super person and so is his gal Kathy. My Pasadena store manager Remington and I had a fantastic and memorable dinner with Frank and Kathy Friday night of NAMM. I've always enjoyed the opportunity to hang out with him ov
Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By OneWattbeing a well-rounded master of any instrument requires perspective from another chair. I guess that's where we part ways. I've no illusions about achieving mastery. Ha! Me neither
Originally Posted By dire tonicThanks OneWatt. Although what you've written reads well, I have no idea how - in the context of the actualities, in the grind of trying to coordinate something that is simply not working out - you take the 10,000 mete
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 Velocity Curve for Yamaha GHS Action? by sandalholme @ 04/14/15 03:03 PM

Re freezing the curve, as far as I remember, you save it as an individual curve and then load it into a piano, then save the piano preset. So, I have an ES7 velocity curve and whenI was loading new (to me) pianos, e.g. Walter etc, I just loaded the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by ChrisVenables @ 04/14/15 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By Norbert Petrof on this continent has always been imported by distributors who then sold on to retail stores. Not sure how this works in Europe. Hi Norbert For 'Western' Europe at least, Petrof sell direct to the dealer. Qui
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by dire tonic @ 04/14/15 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By OneWattbeing a well-rounded master of any instrument requires perspective from another chair. I guess that's where we part ways. I've no illusions about achieving mastery.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with a Piano for My Daughter by PianoDad71 @ 04/14/15 02:59 PM

Thank you all for your assistance. I'll update you soon.
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by dire tonic @ 04/14/15 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By NahumAnd I also do not think that playing the drums will help in polyphonic works ....NOW he tells me!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Glenn Treibitz @ 04/14/15 02:56 PM

As most agree here and in answer to the original question, Petrof pianos are over priced in the USA regardless of the their "violin corpus principle". Every time I say "violin corpus principle" I start to giggle at the shear crea
Originally Posted By NahumGreetings to all! I'm sorry - I forgot to mention from OP of such a small detail that I was referring to non-classical pianist, ie - a pianist in jazz, rock, pop, etc. There generally is no doubt that the background of d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Summer School for Adult Amatuer Pianists - Experience? by Peter K. Mose @ 04/14/15 02:52 PM

It's possible that in another 30-50 years, Asia will change its attitude toward the adult amateur musician. I can't guess.
Greetings to all! I'm sorry - I forgot to mention from OP of such a small detail that I was referring to non-classical pianist, ie - a pianist in jazz, rock, pop, etc. There generally is no doubt that the background of drums just need! And I also
There are some icons to the upper right of the page display. If you mouse over them, they tell you what they do. One of them will enable this operation. Eventually. . .there will be the usual hoops of options for you to jump through. . . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meet Frank Baxter! by Peter K. Mose @ 04/14/15 02:43 PM

Wonderful profile! I'm sorry it wasn't longer! PW is a splendid achievement. I'd love more than a tasting, but a whole meal with Frank Baxter.
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by dire tonic @ 04/14/15 02:43 PM

Thanks OneWatt. Although what you've written reads well, I have no idea how - in the context of the actualities, in the grind of trying to coordinate something that is simply not working out - you take the 10,000 meter or the close up view. I can'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meet Frank Baxter! by wimpiano @ 04/14/15 02:43 PM

Our hero Thanks Frank for running this site. Thanks Rich for having us "meet" Frank
Page 79 of 88 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 87 88 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
MP7 Tonewheel settings - some ideas may be of interest
by OneWatt
Today at 09:14 PM
Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room?
by twocats
Today at 07:53 PM
long distance piano moving
by koi88
Today at 06:44 PM
Consistancy of Pitch measurement and iH calculations
by prout
Today at 06:33 PM
MP11 Audio Differences
by GA MP6
Today at 05:54 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,966 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,385 Topics
2,398,015 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission