Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
64 registered (bilarion, chopinoholic, clothearednincompo, BachToTheFuture, agent8698, 16 invisible), 1584 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by JohnSprung @ 01/17/17 08:12 PM

6 ounces is 170 grams, about three times what it should be.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by Nicholas Mihaila @ 01/17/17 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By BDBKey weight is usually measured as the amount of weight necessary for the key to start moving. Generally it is specified to be about 55 grams. What happens afterwards can vary quite a bit. Oh, I see. Mine would be over 85 gra
Adult Beginners Forum
Two sharps are F# and C#, in the key of D.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Lessons Online by Miguel Rey @ 01/17/17 08:11 PM

That new Zoom looks good and now in wish list! Regarding the settings for Skype, you definitely need to turn off auto mic and use a good external MIC. I have been using the Yeti Blue with external cam with descent results but this new Zoom will
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Concert Grand by BDB @ 01/17/17 08:02 PM

Neither did Yamaha nor Steinway, no doubt!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
James- Can you discuss the changes made to the action? Also, can you confirm the sounds and sensors remain the same? Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by G-now-p-man @ 01/17/17 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesIt's a close call. It really comes down to whether or not you would utilise the better speakers, higher polyphony, and additional features of the CN35. If your focus is classical piano and you practise/play mostly wi
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by bennevis @ 01/17/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By Doug M.Already, some high end pianos have 5.1 surround (e.g., v-piano). Doug, do you know what kind of signal is sent from the V-Piano's digital (coaxial) output? Is it a true 5.1 surround sound
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by BruceD @ 01/17/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiOriginally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By jonnyboy126you guys. horowitz's carmen or the schumann toccata are NOT recital openers. True. Both the pianist and the audience would be worn out and ready to go home af
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Concert Grand by BruceD @ 01/17/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By CareyHere's a video example of another Young Chang G-275 built in 1988. Claims to have a "full" Renner action. https://youtu.be/s9QNKOd2HN8 "They [Young Chang] built pianos for Yamaha and Steinway."
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Kawai James @ 01/17/17 07:54 PM

It's a close call. It really comes down to whether or not you would utilise the better speakers, higher polyphony, and additional features of the CN35. If your focus is classical piano and you practise/play mostly with headphones, the CN27 may well
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Kawai James @ 01/17/17 07:54 PM

It's a close call. It really comes down to whether or not you would utilise the better speakers, higher polyphony, and additional features of the CN35. If your focus is classical piano and you practise/play mostly with headphones, the CN27 may well
Originally Posted By TonyBI am not really familiar enough with an acoustic grand to do the tweaking as Falsch described, and would gladly pay somebody to do that to my V-Grand. Same here. I was only able to do it because this was the setup in the st
Originally Posted By ColoRodneyThis one would work for a Kawai or Yamaha ;-) Lol, I didn't see that coming.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by xyzzyFL @ 01/17/17 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By bSharpCyclist I've added Waltz in G Minor, another one from Alfred's Volume 2. The YouTube video has the sound output directly from the piano into the camcorder. The SoundCloud link is the output from Pianoteq, using the Model B
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA69/99 wish list by Kawai James @ 01/17/17 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By vince961Why can't Kawai use voices/firmware/software that can be uploaded? vince961, the instrument's firmware/software can be updated via USB, however sounds cannot be updated. This functionality is true of most - if not all
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by BDB @ 01/17/17 07:40 PM

Key weight is usually measured as the amount of weight necessary for the key to start moving. Generally it is specified to be about 55 grams. What happens afterwards can vary quite a bit.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Lessons Online by Morodiene @ 01/17/17 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By indigo_daveI don't have technical knowledge, just some experiences. Thinking back I remember only one of could speak at a time. If you tried to interject something in someone else's whatever they were saying, only one side was ac
I have suggested this in a previous post some time ago...this could be a good business for piano tuners, whose ears are finely tuned to how an acoustic grand piano sounds. These modelled Rolands (and probably other brands as they begin to adopt that
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampp Chaser Dehumidifiers in Baldwin M? by Ed A. Hall @ 01/17/17 07:32 PM

Are you rods plugged into a humidistat? If not, your setup is missing a key component and could be damaging your piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by Kawai James @ 01/17/17 07:31 PM

hag01, as a virtual piano controller, the VPC1 is hard to beat in terms of action realism (it's in the name...). However I believe the keyboard action in your current PX-5S is pretty good too, so you may wish to first try hooking it up to your compu
Jump to new posts Re: Undecided between KDP90 and CL36 by Kawai James @ 01/17/17 07:27 PM

Thanks for the update Seemann, happy to help. Enjoy your new piano! Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Kawai James @ 01/17/17 07:24 PM

Nicely played, thank you for sharing bigbang. Please continue to enjoy your ES8... there are no plans for an ES9 - at least not for a few more year!. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By DelOriginally Posted By ChromeI used this as a guide for determing room dimension to piano size. http://www.pianobuyer.com/PDFarchive/PB_PianoRoom.pdf Don't put too much faith in that guide. ddf What specific aspects of tha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by Nicholas Mihaila @ 01/17/17 07:21 PM

My keyboard has pretty heavy keys and it’s given me some trouble for a while now. I don’t know how key weight is usually measured, but to give you an idea, I was able to stack 15 quarters on the end of a key positioned so that the edge of the bot
Page 79 of 103 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 102 103 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
pyramid piano
by phantomFive
01/23/17 02:51 AM
24 bit midi resolution
by Bachus
01/23/17 01:24 AM
The end of our piano search
by Pneuma
01/23/17 12:53 AM
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,959 Topics
2,591,329 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission