Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
148 registered (anamnesis, 36251, accordeur, A Guy, 40 invisible), 1822 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Polyphonist @ 02/23/15 04:53 PM

Counterpoint overload is a good thing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by TonyB @ 02/23/15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistI went on a Bach binge and played all the French Suites, English Suites, and the Goldberg Variations. Now it's time for some Chopin, perhaps... I like that...Bach binge. I went on a Bach binge and now I am suffer
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RagdollMy AOTW is that I can now play "Stardust" at a reasonable tempo in both hands. Not many hesitations but a few of course. Lucky for me it's slow anyways. smile. It surely needs a lot of polish yet. It's a simplifi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: What Made You Decide To Up-Grade Your DP by TonyB @ 02/23/15 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By Lester Burnham Tony - FWIW I rather enjoyed your contribution to the other thread, so don't be put off by others. And in terms of the digital piano thing, and there often being very vocal naysayers - there's a point I don't real
Piano Forum
I have some questions regarding the use of air freight to ship a brand new piano. The shipper told me that they would use wood crates that would not be heated. How does one protect the piano from the extreme pressure and temperature during the flight
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Polyphonist @ 02/23/15 04:47 PM

I went on a Bach binge and played all the French Suites, English Suites, and the Goldberg Variations. Now it's time for some Chopin, perhaps...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by PaintedPostDave @ 02/23/15 04:45 PM

RXD: I would think that what's really going on, at least in the air around us is two pure tones w/o any harmonics. The spectral analysis shows the components in the pressure variations that are these two tones. What the ear and the brain turn these p
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By careyOriginally Posted By pianoman9 Regarding Hamelin, his version is boring compared to LL's. Lacks the fire and explosiveness of Lang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIMzL2-4bjg Your opinion, of course. It se
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please inspire me to keep going... by acollins @ 02/23/15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By Moonsh1ne And don't even get me started on saliva management. Hey, it's not spit -- it's *condensation* from your breath. Lol, played the flute for many years and I've had this argument before. Unlike other woodwinds, it's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HELP - My beloved Bluthner is dead... by Norbert @ 02/23/15 04:36 PM

I like any discussion especially when centered around "sound" Joe's comments above are quite right - things are getting brighter for many manufacturers. The example of the 9' Bluthner may be an example, fine pianos they are... People often
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: John Brimhall's Piano Method by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/23/15 04:34 PM

Even an online search at the Library of Congress comes up nada. Quite amazing actually.
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who Says the Piano Industry Does'nt Innovate? by Michael Sayers @ 02/23/15 04:33 PM

It is just enough for the highly simplistic and repetitive Waltz in Diminished Thirds.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By careyOriginally Posted By pianoman9 OTOH, I would agree with Marlon Brandon when he complained about awards ceremonies: "Why does there have to be a best this, or best that?"... Well - if you truly agree with Mr. Brand
Adult Beginners Forum
I'd get an x-ray.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Ascsending/Descending Chromatic scale method. by Michael Sayers @ 02/23/15 04:25 PM

In my opinion it is best to vary the fingering depending on if the scale direction is thumb under or fingers over, as below for the right hand, with one fingering for motion toward the 5th finger, and another fingering for motion toward the thumb so
Pianist Corner
Guys, what do you think about the orange keys etude? I'm not sure Chopin would like this approach. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piB4RHCO80Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=115
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by rXd @ 02/23/15 04:16 PM

While the analysis of synthesised pure tones is informative, the presence of multiple audible partials in each piano tone, how they interact with each other to reinforce the fundamental, how Ih affects the pitch(es) of this reinforced fundamental. W
Adult Beginners Forum
The usual advice coming from my doctor is ... if it hurts, don't do it. Seems like good advice.
To me ... purchasing a new digital piano is similar to snacking in the evening. Once the thought of having a snack enters your head ... you may as well just get up and go get it because you are going to be downing it soon regardless of what things y
Originally Posted By Jasper E.I am considering the very similar Roland F-130R against the Casio PX-860 You have very good taste! I predict that you will NOT be able to find a clear preference ... so be prepared to flip a coin!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: So what's on your Piano's "Book" shelf? by gooddog @ 02/23/15 04:02 PM

Look here Piano books
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Styles Debunked by gooddog @ 02/23/15 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By LXXXVIIIdentes We do make stuff unnecessarily complicated, don't we? Bureaucrats need to justify their jobs.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bollerman & Son by musicpassion @ 02/23/15 03:53 PM

I don't know Bollerman and Son. Sometimes a piano gets a cosmetic restoration by a cheap shop. These pianos can look pretty nice, but they don't have much value because a musical instruments value is in it's ability to... guess what... make music.
Adult Beginners Forum
OK these comments made me probe around down there for the first time, really, and it is definitely sore on that bottom rib or the muscle over it. A heating pad definitely helps. In fact it seems "all better" until I go to play. I wonder
Originally Posted By rysowers I believe, is the lack of mass and impedance at the end of the bridge. There is a lack of stiffness there - some manufactures try to mitigate this by placing a rib behind this point or extending the bridge. In the piano
Page 79 of 116 < 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yundi Li wins14th International Chopin Competition (2000)
by pianoman9
02/28/15 10:50 AM
Yuja Wang plays Scriabin
by pianoman9
02/28/15 10:19 AM
Moving a digital grand across country
by aellison62
02/28/15 09:42 AM
Acoustical Piano Actions vs High End Digital Piano Action
by LarryMan
02/28/15 08:07 AM
Acoustical Piano Actions vs High End Digital Piano Action
by LarryMan
02/28/15 08:05 AM
Forum Stats
78,334 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,905 Topics
2,377,789 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission