Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (Anwar, Bambers, Arty Movie, alwatson, 17 invisible), 1755 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing piano at different bench heights by Keith D Kerman @ 01/10/17 02:32 PM

At work, my business partner sits low and I prefer to sit high. If I don't take the time to adjust the bench or find a bench that is at a comfortable height for me, I feel especially thrown off. I thought I would try practicing a bit on low benche
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by Gombessa @ 01/10/17 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By Gossand even after all of that - put the highest end sampled performance over the highest end speakers and amps in the same room as a real grand, and most people will have no problem discerning the 'recording' from the real thing
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP90 successful repair by clothearednincompo @ 01/10/17 02:23 PM

Well, there's the "New Generalmusic": http://www.generalmusic.fi/ A business man bought what was left of Generalmusic. That included emptying the ex-premises and shipping several containers of various stuff (like parts, documents, unsold s
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by Goss @ 01/10/17 02:19 PM

and even after all of that - put the highest end sampled performance over the highest end speakers and amps in the same room as a real grand, and most people will have no problem discerning the 'recording' from the real thing Our stereo in the livi
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP-700 vs Yamaha CLP535 vs Kawai CN35??? by brooster @ 01/10/17 02:10 PM

Kawai has a new CN37 out now: Kawai CN37
they are both 300 ohms Doug so in that regard no difference in load for the headphone amp of the MP7 don't see settings for headphones in the manual like there are for the CA series for low and high resistance headphones so assuming 300ohms will be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BB or Estonia 210 by Minna @ 01/10/17 02:06 PM

No experience about rebuilt Mason BB and as the other people on this board commented it will be dependent on the quality of the rebuilt job. Interestingly during our piano search we also had the decision between Mason BB and Estonia L210. I like Maso
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lacking Emotion by Morodiene @ 01/10/17 01:57 PM

As others have said, it's not going to be instantaneous for you. Mental practice is really helpful in these situations. Play the song in your mind and imagine the kind of sound that it should have with your teacher's instructions (and it's very good
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts cheek block setting by Radio.Octave @ 01/10/17 01:55 PM

I've noticed that the adjustment on my cheek block that controls how far in/out the action goes is maxed out to one side. It's set so that the action is at the farthest setting possible (towards me). This controls the strike point of the hammers, c
The RH does have 2 sensors, as the main difference between RH and RHII is the addition of a 3rd sensor as mentioned here: http://kawaius.com/2015/digital/Features/actions.html. That is unless they used a new version of RH as in the link provided in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Making the Grade (BBC Radio 4) by TrevorM @ 01/10/17 01:53 PM

There's a short 30 minute radio programme here that some of you might enjoy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b087qjd6 "Why are more and more older people taking up instruments and putting themselves through music exams? Presenter and terrible m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by mom3gram @ 01/10/17 01:46 PM

1. For the Beauty of the Earth - Traditional Hymn - Bastien Religious Favorites 2. What's That Noise - Mier 3. Sidewalks of New York - Favorite Melodies the World Over 4. House of the Rising Sun - Alfred's Adult AIO Bk 2.
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by Gombessa @ 01/10/17 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By 36251Thanks. What I take from your response is we got time before modeling takes some large steps forward. Heh, sorry didn't mean to imply that. In fact, I think full piano modeling can take any number of HUGE steps forward eve
Jump to new posts Re: For free, what do you think? by TheTuner @ 01/10/17 01:36 PM

Another try: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wnhhy9wsnvco74l/AACq5amaPyBtSenlkvusOBBDa?dl=0 Should I take it? Hmm...
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By phantomFiveDave Frank posts here too, so you could ask him Good point! Glad he agrees!
Jump to new posts Re: For free, what do you think? by TheTuner @ 01/10/17 01:27 PM

It is a message from a Facebook friend: FREE PIANO! Is anyone out there interested in having a lovely piano? We are moving house soon and have no need of this beautiful instrument. My neighbours can confirm that I have no musical ability, despite ye
Jump to new posts MP7 headphone choice: Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650 by Doug M. @ 01/10/17 01:24 PM

Hi Folks, Wondering if anybody has compared the Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650 on their MP7 and had any thoughts as to which headphones suit the MP7 the best? Also, is the headphone connection on the MP11 the same as the MP7...If so, any MP11 owners got
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by 36251 @ 01/10/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By GombessaOriginally Posted By 36251I'd like to see modeling software connected to the IBM super computer, that is in the news every so often, and see if modeling on that level really can recreate all or most of what he hear when w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Taking another listen to Yuja Wang by phantomFive @ 01/10/17 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By wr Speaking of schedule, I see that Wang has a most interesting concert coming up next month. A two-concerto date - the Prokofiev 5th and the Brahms 2nd!! Good grief! It's with the Santa Cruz Symphony. Maybe testing out new r
Let me me start by saying i am no expert, nor as piano player not as commercial so this is based on what i have read in the last couple of months while searching for a portable piano below 1000€. The es100 and the es110 do not compare to the fp30
Jump to new posts Re: For free, what do you think? by Ed A. Hall @ 01/10/17 01:13 PM

When I click on the link, I get the following. The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page. That said, t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: '3 against 4' arpeggiated chords - anymore thoughts? by concertinist25701 @ 01/10/17 01:12 PM

Thanks Bruce, I am now definitely using upward (occasionally downward) rolled chords against melody note relative to the beat throughout my repertoire in the manner cited and I do intend to stick with it as the music is all the better for it, thanks
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by xyzzyFL @ 01/10/17 01:10 PM

Prisma image of my Yamaha DGX-660 and Taylor guitars.
Jump to new posts For free, what do you think? by TheTuner @ 01/10/17 01:08 PM

Take a look at this: https://www.facebook.com/edwardwmrushton/posts/10154939434034529
Jump to new posts Casio AP-700 vs Yamaha CLP535 vs Kawai CN35??? by Ammar956 @ 01/10/17 01:06 PM

Hey guys, So I'm looking at purchasing my first digital piano. I've been playing for a few years (self-taught) on a crappy little Yamaha keyboard from like the 1800's. Within my budget (£1300-£1400), I have found the following three pianos: - Ca
Page 81 of 100 < 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 99 100 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai MP8-II or VPC1?
by Mr Zaxels
01/16/17 05:33 AM
Yamaha DGX650
by CsR
01/16/17 03:06 AM
thoughts about a piano
by CsR
01/16/17 01:29 AM
ensemble playing?
by iamanders
01/16/17 01:28 AM
Liszt Grand piano (copy)
by Maximillyan
01/16/17 01:12 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,242 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,783 Topics
2,588,785 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission