Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
63 registered (bennevis, barbaram, Beemer, Bellicapelli, augustm, 13 invisible), 1160 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by Doritos Flavoured @ 04/27/16 01:10 PM

I must be weird because I can't tell apart a pianoteq recording from a piano sample recording and anyway I very much prefer the warm standard 1920's Pleyel included in the package to all the steinway wannabes...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The sort of long term pitch memory required to identify a note with no external reference is fairly common. The sort of long term pitch memory to identify whether a pitch is A=440 or A=441 with no external reference is exceptional. Then, of course,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Norbert @ 04/27/16 01:00 PM

Buyers should always make the decisions they see fit, it's called "choice" And that's totally good. Commonly we assume the choices are based on our perception of tone,touch,price,etc which again is perfectly fine. It's simply the way it sho
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by jjo @ 04/27/16 01:00 PM

emenlton: I find that request from the sax players a bit odd because the VI chord in a 3-6-2-5 is more often than not played as a dominant chord, which leads better to the minor ii. In rhythm changes, for example, do those sax players ask that you c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing easy songs by hobby @ 04/27/16 12:58 PM

i tried to download some songs by this site but i cannot find which button to press for dowmloading.is there someone to help me?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flat Finger Technique by jdw @ 04/27/16 12:57 PM

I would be careful with this, because over time I believe you can get into physical trouble playing with over-straightened fingers. It's one of the pitfalls they warn against in Taubman technique. However, the fingers can appear relatively flat with
Jump to new posts Re: My opinion of the Kawai ES8 after 2 months by login @ 04/27/16 12:55 PM

Have been considering upgrading my PX160, I really want the Roland supernatural sound but kawai action seems like a winner. And since the Rd800 is so expensive anyway the ES8 is looking like a great option.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easier piece similar to Joplin's Bethena? by TrevorM @ 04/27/16 12:54 PM

A little update. I purchased the "Simply Joplin" book and compared the score to the original. It's actually very similar: it's in the same key, and the notes are almost identical, save for a few taken out to make it a bit easier to play. It
Jump to new posts Re: My opinion of the Kawai ES8 after 2 months by peterws @ 04/27/16 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By ryan7No need to tell the other half just make sure the piano stays flush against a wall so they do not see the KAWAI ES8 print instead of ES7 although they may notice the richer sounds 😁 Better still, say it was all down to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by MeganR @ 04/27/16 12:49 PM

Is adult vocabulary allowed for this challenge? 'Cause not on a digital so all the sounds get picked up.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by chopinoholic @ 04/27/16 12:48 PM

And announce the piece before you start playing.
Jump to new posts Re: Discovering the world of digital pianos by uptick @ 04/27/16 12:47 PM

I've been doing some research on digital piano lately; while i'm primarily focused on the entry level digital piano such as roland fp-30, kawai's es100, I am however quite curious about these 'up-right' digital piano. Of course, most of them seem qu
Adult Beginners Forum
The drums on a digital piano are fantastic but could do with laying out better so you can sound something like a proper drummer. . .
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by emenelton @ 04/27/16 12:46 PM

My point is the phrygian is normal in a iii-vi-ii-V and keeping the 2 flat is an important element in maintaining the tonal character of the tonic key. I've had sax players tell me not to hit the 9th on iii7 chords while they are soloing because the
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By scorpioThe keyboard is the original video game. As someone who plays a lot of video games, I certainly agree with this. It definitely triggers similar (the same?) challenges and emotional responses/reward.
Adult Beginners Forum
I tried playing the drums the other week. It's a lot like playing a big piano with sticks.
Originally Posted By Kawai JamesCoolJL, thank you for your reply. Interesting. May I ask where you are based? I'm aware of Kawai dealers that do not carry digital instruments, but not the other away around. Kind regards, James x I'm in UK, liv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by peterws @ 04/27/16 12:41 PM

Might have a little problem here; if you use Pianoteq (or similar) software, everything you play is recorded. So whenever you practice, and you get it sorta right. . . We d have to just decide on a "sit down (switch on haha) and play" a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts PianoDisc Radio, Review Wanted by mcl853 @ 04/27/16 12:31 PM

Hey all, first post. I am getting close to deciding to purchase a piano with the PianoDisc IQ Ipad system installed and have a few questions about PianoDisc Streaming Radio. First of all, the idea of PianoDisc Radio is exactly what I want in a play
Originally Posted By JoeTQuote:is like asking Apple to make current features work on an early model iPhone Bad example, "free" software updates is actually what Apple does, unlike other smartphone vendors. Of course, it's not really free, y
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by ilmagodiloz @ 04/27/16 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By rychubilYes, but not so big, like you suggest, however the escapement in FP30 makes noticeable difference for me. Got it, thank you
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by Mark Polishook @ 04/27/16 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By emeneltonWhen the Jazz Titans started playing the major 9th. over the iii7 of a iii-vi-ii-V, it was a striking change from common practice. .... One would have to qualify who the Titans where and give specific examples. Because
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by ClsscLib @ 04/27/16 12:04 PM

Thanks, Bruce. Can hardly wait!
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Please Suggest the best piano by smithbrenda089 @ 04/27/16 11:59 AM

Hey Guys, I am looking for your suggestion. Actually I want to purchase an digital piano which I’ll gift to my brother. As I am purchasing it for the first time so have little bit confusion about pianos. I was looking for piano reviews on Google
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A 435 tuning fork needed. by BDB @ 04/27/16 11:56 AM

John Walker makes them. They are listed in the Schaff catalog.
Page 81 of 84 < 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 84 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Made a decision
by chopinoholic
1 minute 58 seconds ago
Help identifying cabinet style on 1911 Steinway "O"
by Dale Fox
Today at 01:46 AM
Getting confused in my journey to hunt a piano_help!
by FayeHsu
Today at 12:23 AM
Help me read Lili Kraus's mind
by Mark_C
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
The Importance of the 7th Chord?!
by MacMorrighan
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Forum Stats
83,498 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,384 Topics
2,521,022 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission