Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
156 registered (36251, accordeur, anamnesis, Albert Brighten, ajames, 36 invisible), 1678 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: do you practice passage work in groups and rhythms? by Orange Soda King @ 01/30/16 07:45 PM

Yes I do, but when I do rhythn practice, I focus less on the rhythm and more on slowly isolating many quick motions.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Dexibell S7 by CplusE2 @ 01/30/16 07:44 PM

What is the price of these? NM found the pricing.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help please by Keith D Kerman @ 01/30/16 07:44 PM

Thanks Owen, Really good suggestioins. We are in contact with FSU, and the folks that used to teach at UWO and Chicago. I think we need a guy with a Doctorate from Peabody who is realizing the whole piano thing is meh....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to start when trying to learn improv? by Rataridicta @ 01/30/16 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By AprilEI was thinking about this issue of where to start with learning to improvise while I was noodling around on the piano this morning. It seems to me one of the biggest obstacles is intimidation and the desire to create someth
Jump to new posts Re: steinway A3 hammer replacement by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 01/30/16 07:38 PM

Hammers are worn out when they can no longer be tone regulated for desired results and stability. Flash45, are you going to install the hammers or are you asking for advice on what to prescribe to your technician?
Adult Beginners Forum
"Best things I've learned on Piano World" - the kind and good humored support for piano and music as a process, rather than a result. What a lift at the end of a long day to sit down and learn something. I loved the comment from markmilo
Hi, i agree with you in the fact that RD800 is a step up over previous RD700NX with respect the thumping and hard bottoming out keys, however RD800 has a noisier key action for my taste and i prefer Kawai MP7 because it has a more silent keybed for n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN R by Dave B @ 01/30/16 07:31 PM

Baldwin R's can be exceptional instruments. Many have beautiful mahogany veneers.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 thread by Bosendorff @ 01/30/16 07:29 PM

Also... Story of how it was designed here : https://youtu.be/Bm8w8yX3eWQ?t=1m3s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 thread by Bosendorff @ 01/30/16 07:26 PM

Not affiliated with them, but thought it's a good link (below). You can do a virtual visit by moving/clicking links in the lower picture. http://pianopricepoint.com/NAMM-2016/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 thread by terminaldegree @ 01/30/16 07:15 PM

I forgot to mention that Charles Walter was there this year, with his wife, and a display of about 4-5 pianos in one of the corridors on the 2nd floor. It's always nice to see them.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 thread by Rickster @ 01/30/16 07:09 PM

Thanks for the pictures, terminaldegree (Owen )! Chances are, I would never be able to attend such an event for various reasons. Sharing the pictures allows many of us who would never be able to attend NAMM to see a little bit of what goes on there
Jump to new posts Re: Help please by terminaldegree @ 01/30/16 07:08 PM

Hi Keith! Have you contacted the folks in the Florida State graduate piano technology program? Also, I think the UWO program in Canada is currently on hiatus, but perhaps someone around there might have a referral. How recently did the school in C
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: ABRSM Repertoire? by joshjackson @ 01/30/16 06:59 PM

I personally think you are just being a bit too purist and traditionalist in your approach to the ABRSM exams. I do not see why only the most well known transcription that have "stood the test of time" can be performed. It is easy enough fo
Adult Beginners Forum
30 January 2016 Played among others.........the Buxtehude Preludium Bux WV163 and some Sonata-parts of Haydn...... Buxtehude Preludium Bux WV 163 (book 3) Best regards, Johan B
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart for amateurs by Ataru074 @ 01/30/16 06:41 PM

K397 is the "easiest". What other Mozart's pieces did you play? I would say K545 is almost a given step to get your feet wet. Otherwise the Rondo K485 is one step easier. or the sonata K280.
Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By Lester BurnhamOriginally Posted By peterwsThe 97 can be individually tuned, I presume, temperament wise, as per acoustic. Now, if you got a piano tuner to tune it from a hopelessly untuned state, you
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help figuring out easy pattern. by Nahum @ 01/30/16 06:33 PM

But where are the accents, articulation?
Jump to new posts Re: Two midicontrollers, Roland A-49? by Aleksiv @ 01/30/16 06:29 PM

Hello, Nice to know A49 works. What do you mean with 'you must only use EV5'? That expression pedal input won't work on usual pedals? Moving range on EV5 seems to be a bit short. I guess it would work for casual playing, though.
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic Numa Stage by RudessJR @ 01/30/16 06:27 PM

I've heard some bad words for the Numa Nero, but here we're talking about the Numa Stage which is an upgraded version of Numa Piano.. I'm undecidable between Kawai es 100 and Numa Stage, I like the pianos more on Numa Stage and it has more realtime c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mission to play Beethoven's Hammerklavier by preludetr @ 01/30/16 06:22 PM

Leaning this sonata is a long-term goal for me. I believe it represents the pinnacle of piano literature. I don't plan to start serious work on it until I can improve my technical skills, because at this point my technique is clearly insufficient.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transcribe Tune? by earlofmar @ 01/30/16 06:20 PM

I don't use Finale but this clip shows you how to transpose in this program
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 thread by terminaldegree @ 01/30/16 06:17 PM

Now...some photos! Here's a Seiler ED 186 prototype that had a different sound (warmer) and action feel (less heavy) from other Seilers you've played recently: A new Schulze-Pollman case finish. Pictures don't really do this one justice: A Me
Originally Posted By Lester BurnhamOriginally Posted By peterwsThe 97 can be individually tuned, I presume, temperament wise, as per acoustic. Now, if you got a piano tuner to tune it from a hopelessly untuned state, you might have a more authentic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to start when trying to learn improv? by Sand Tiger @ 01/30/16 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By Qazsedcft... In the same way when I discovered that I can play any combination of black keys and it all sounds good (basically F# major pentatonic) it was a great Aha! moment and fun. Complete chaos, on the other hand, brings f
Page 81 of 93 < 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering Question
by Johnny D
02/05/16 04:28 PM
Remembering Paul Bley
by Nahum
02/05/16 04:20 PM
Piano Scores/Sheet Music on Kindle?
by newbert
02/05/16 03:51 PM
Anyone heard this term?
by kpembrook
02/05/16 03:07 PM
Please help with new piano purchase
by BethRose
02/05/16 02:54 PM
Forum Stats
82,484 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,284 Topics
2,492,510 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission