Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
59 registered (Albunea, Bachus, Alexmos, ArminOF, 11 invisible), 841 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why shut down the Petrof thread? by phacke @ 05/17/15 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By master88er[the Pianobuyer rating structure, in positioning pianos more by their relative price than their quality, has pushed over-pricing to the extreme. This is it. Want a higher PB rating? Raise the price and ramp the ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Site by fizikisto @ 05/17/15 07:11 PM

Rachel has finished the videos for volume 1 of fundamental keys. Hopefully now that she has the process of getting them made figured out, she'll be able to get volumes 2 and 3 (and their associated videos) out with a more reasonable time scale .
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
You should try out the Kawai ES100, it costs more than the PX350 and the P115 but it comes with a pretty good pedal. The PX350 and the ES100 have a more "realistic" and heavier action than the P115. When it comes to samples it's up to you
Adult Beginners Forum
Pretty easy AOTW: Participated in my teacher's adults-only musicale this afternoon (my 4th). Played the first piece pretty well, even though I was very nervous. I'm also playing this at the Guild auditions in 10 days, so this was good "under p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 2 pieces by ChopinAddict @ 05/17/15 07:08 PM

I remember that some time ago there was a similar thread (about a Kawai or Yamaha video) and in the end we determined that it was no particular piece, but something the pianist was improvising based on known pieces. This could explain why many think
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talking someone into taking up piano by Stubbie @ 05/17/15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By fizikistoNo. It's a fool's errand to try. Learning the piano is expensive, time consuming, frustrating, and a pursuit that takes a long time for you to really see the benefit of all the work you put in. There's a reason why so
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble with Kawai Dealers by Markarian @ 05/17/15 07:07 PM

I have to confess to being ante-Steinway, usually around 1 in the morning. I have never dealt officially with Kawai USA but Kawai James has been amazing on here in helping us MP11 users. He's given us beta firmwares, put us in touch with regional re
Adult Beginners Forum
In general, if you aren't familiar yet with note values, everything on a vertical line happens together. So if the note is lined up with a rest, or if the RH note is slightly to the right of the LH note, they will not happen together. If you can draw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs kawai by Mariedybeedy @ 05/17/15 07:01 PM

Entheo, my ear tells me that whatever I get will be many steps above what I have!! I do think the Yamaha is a bit bright in the upper octaves and a bit muddy in the lower. I seem to be partial to yamaha because that's what I grew up laying. I have s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Bechstein B208 or Schimmel K230 by N e v e r l a n d @ 05/17/15 06:58 PM

Hi, I'm new to here. I recently want to purchase a grand piano for my family. I have two optimal selections there --- the Bechstein B208 and Schimmel K230 with price of 46k and 63k USD respectively. There are also a Yamaha c7x with 42k. I prefer th
Jump to new posts €700 home studio-worthy, no-frills piano stand-in by Cue Zephyr @ 05/17/15 06:45 PM

Howdy folks, In short, I've always wanted to learn to play but never happened due to the lack of a piano in family circles. I'm a hobbyist musician and producer. As a musician I'm most familiar with strin instruments and right now I feel that it's f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trading up - advice needed! by StartwithBach @ 05/17/15 06:40 PM

I think the general advice you might get is to try a wide variety of pianos, both used and new, Japanese/American/German, etc. I might recommend that you include the Yamaha YUS-5 on your list. It is not high end compared to a piano from Steingraber o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why shut down the Petrof thread? by Piano*Dad @ 05/17/15 06:39 PM

Perhaps it was my descent into sheer vulgarity that pushed things over the edge. I apologize for resorting to profane, expletive-laden language. I know that four-letter words are expressly forbidd… oh, wait, hooey is five letters. Basilios reac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 05/17/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By JytteOriginally Posted By peterws Now, if you and others only knew the true historical meaning of "Greensleeves" . . . . Well, enlighten us then, would you. Don't leave me hanging here. OK. Its to do with henry 8's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why shut down the Petrof thread? by Rickster @ 05/17/15 06:20 PM

Locked threads can always be un-locked. If turandot and Norbert feel strongly enough about this, they can petition Ken or Frank and they can un-lock the thread. For the record, we received numerous moderator complaints about the thread long before
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by zillybug @ 05/17/15 06:17 PM

Barbaram, enjoyed listening to Anything Goes. It sounds like fun to play. Cathy, I really enjoyed seeing the video of the Stroll. It sure brought back memories since I am old enough to remember doing it at dances. Judy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Jytte @ 05/17/15 06:15 PM

jotur, peterws, stumbler... thank you for your kind remarks. I promise, one of these days I'll submit a piece that is actually finished (to my ability)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Pollux @ 05/17/15 06:14 PM

Jytte, you should see the smile on my face!...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by Patrick Draine @ 05/17/15 06:12 PM

#1) If you're breaking strings on a new piano in the showroom ... you need to concentrate on your technique (i.e. don't overpull as much as you did, &/or pay more attention to which tuning pin you're on before pulling, pulling, BANG!). The custom
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by stumbler @ 05/17/15 06:12 PM

49. SandTiger, Con Te Partiro - well done. 48. timmytab, Moonlight sonata mvts 1 and 2 - I'm OK with this tempo. Well played. The only thing I noticed what that some of the left hand notes bar 60 ... (G# 8. G#16) sounded more like triplets to my
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Jytte @ 05/17/15 06:10 PM

Well then, Pollux, let me set you straight here (as far as I'm concerned).... Indulgence might be expected by someone like me, a raw beginner. Everybody knows that, so the 'kind ears' are used I imagine. When it comes to an old timer like you, peopl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John's Left hand by Visalia @ 05/17/15 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By PaintedPostDaveDelightful video. Thanks for posting. The grand piano label appears to be "Steinway & Sons - Hakers". Hakers? That's not what I really wanted you to notice!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by stumbler @ 05/17/15 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By Jytte58. stumbler / Dave - Miniature Another composer! Interesting, and well played. thanks Jytte
Jump to new posts Re: Roland hp506 and dp90se - advices needed by Jay Roland @ 05/17/15 06:04 PM

Some quick points JEB too hopefully help you understand how my thinking works on this. One: Another model is not as easy as you think it would be, and based on my experience with our retailers, and the distribution of these pianos, the lineup makes
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov - Etudes (live) by pv88 @ 05/17/15 06:00 PM

You are already a very accomplished pianist so there is no need to worry about "perfection" in playing since we all make mistakes and this included the great Vladimir Horowitz! I am impressed with the performances and my only criticism wou
Page 81 of 104 < 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 103 104 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to perform right the first time
by Hakki
27 minutes 40 seconds ago
Re-install a keystick??
by Schick
Today at 02:49 AM
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
Yesterday at 09:09 PM
And so the search begins...
by Caine
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play
by briandang
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,257 Topics
2,409,384 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission