Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
149 registered (ajames, accordeur, Alan Tripp, alfredo capurso, 34 invisible), 1747 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by terminaldegree @ 03/27/15 08:28 PM

There are a good handful of pianos out there that may (or may not) be overpriced, but I usually wait to make said pronouncements until such time as I've played one. Preferably, more than one...
Piano Teachers Forum
I do see what you mean. My point was only that you should make sure that she likes what she plays enough to make her want to power through those moments when it seems you're just never going to get it right.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double strikes after moving my Yamaha C2 by Johnkie @ 03/27/15 08:18 PM

A little Teflon powder is rubbed into the knuckle leather Hans - I would suggest wearing a mask when doing it though, it is extremely fine powder and some people can react to this stuff quite badly
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Where to purchase Kawai MP7? by Sleipnir @ 03/27/15 08:15 PM

cfit, Check out Musician's Friend. They have it in stock and you can probably get a 15% discount if you call and ask for it. Sometimes you need a coupon, which they often have during holiday weekends and other times. You might need to call to get th
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By proutYou are a using formula to establish a type of 'entropy' value for a given key - the larger the absolute value, the greater the entropy. There is some merit to your argument in that larger totals do seem to have more tensio
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Joe Garfield @ 03/27/15 08:02 PM

Maurus, I understand and respect your point. It is just hard to to take it as 'normal' when 86 keys sound beautiful and one sounds bad (one sounds a little better). Fortunately I haven't been bothered by the buzz when I play though powered speakers,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Piano_Brazil @ 03/27/15 07:55 PM

Here, a recent review on Petrof new line, from the 2015 Spring edition of PianoBuyer. WOW, look at the prices!! http://www.pianobuyer.com/spring15/49.html "Through the late 1990s and early 2000s, Petrof pianos were positioned in the North Amer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ 03/27/15 07:54 PM

Cathy *hugs* I work in laundry in an assisted care facility overnight so I don't have too much interaction with the residents except for one. She comes out once in awhile at night and she knows she has Alzheimer's. Last night was particularly roug
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lightness Of Touch by piano_friend @ 03/27/15 07:52 PM

Yes, yes, we are living in the time of great changes! How about Yuja Wang in her very sensitive and touching interpretations of slow and soft music? The music is flowing directly from her heart But if you, Batuhan, wanna know the secret of delicate
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by David Farley @ 03/27/15 07:47 PM

There's much variety even among what ought to be the same acoustic. When I was a kid, the church we went to had populated every room with the same piano, and there were a lot of them. I imagine they got some kind of deal and bought them all in the sa
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by rpw @ 03/27/15 07:47 PM

...topic related post... I bought a "cheap" low end DP because I didn't know what I wanted and wasn't sure about this new hobby in general. It served me well and helped to better understand my preferences. For these reasons I can't say I r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by Johan B @ 03/27/15 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By malkinI haven't felt "it all goes wrong." I think my practice is more like a normal curve: sometimes this end, sometimes that end, mostly like the big bump in the middle. +1 There ar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Musicality of a piece by piano_friend @ 03/27/15 07:44 PM

Alright guys, it's time for me to start a new topic..:) So let's share how we work on musicality of the played piece. My steps are as follows: Enrich sound by the shades of harmonies, accurate ranges of dynamics, analyzing which parts exactly to voi
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by R_B @ 03/27/15 07:39 PM

If there is a way to get back onto the original topic... ?? I suggest that SOME of the people who regret having not spent more the FIRST time around just get into the trade up loop, i.e. recurrent GAS attacks. Others, e.g. those who can't (or want no
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by peterws @ 03/27/15 07:36 PM

I agree. Teachers` pianos can be dogs . . .heavy, clumpy, muffled tone, totally uninspiring. My own in those days was a straight strung upright, recommended to my parents by the helpful shop owner, and it was clear, bright and always in tune. Dad
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by BruceD @ 03/27/15 07:31 PM

There's some great discrepancy there! Two years ago the P210 was listed at $109,126.00 with the same SMP. It's hard to imagine a brand new P210 Pasat being offered by a dealer at just over $39,000.00 US. Regards,
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 20 by MALDI_ToF @ 03/27/15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDI guess I just don't get it. Don't feel bad! Neither do I.
Piano Forum
I have a Keystone 50-pint dehumidifier which is more than adequate. I keep it in a different room from the piano (due to space), set at about 50%. Right now, the hygrometer by the piano reads 51%. It's a little on the loud side, but apparently the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampp-Chaser, HVAC Humidity, and Spikes by Markarian @ 03/27/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By BosendorffAC and humidifier are usually not used at the same time since they do opposite jobs. If ever needed, you could then use a portable humidifier in the piano room when you turn your house AC on. Here, RH switches from 20%
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by PhilipInChina @ 03/27/15 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By malkinI haven't felt "it all goes wrong." I think my practice is more like a normal curve: sometimes this end, sometimes that end, mostly like the big bump in
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by David Izquierdo @ 03/27/15 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By Pete14You could try partly blending Pianoteq with the CA97's on-board (lower register) sound. Since the CA97 allows for note-per-note volume edits, you can mute/lower the volume of all but the bass notes on the Kawai, so that on
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 20 by BruceD @ 03/27/15 07:14 PM

I guess I just don't get it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mountain Top Piano by PhilipInChina @ 03/27/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By AlmavivaWhat's gonna happen to that piano when it rains? I know this is Los Angeles, but it DOES rain there every once in a while. I am unqualified to express an opinion as I am not a meteorologist but would suggest that it wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Piano_Brazil @ 03/27/15 07:07 PM

May anyone explain howcome the new Petrof grandpianos have MSRP and SMP prices suggested in PianoBuyer (http://www.pianobuyer.com/spring15/234.html) SO different from the ones offered by dealers? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Petrof-P210-Pasa...=item1
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Obsession by Perri Knize by Norbert @ 03/27/15 07:04 PM

Quote:Perri: "Herzlichen Gluckwunsch und viel Erfolg!! Norbert thumb translate, please? smile and norbert, i'm counting on you to read it and tell me how the translation is. _________________________ "Felicitaciones y buena suerte&quo
Page 82 of 115 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 114 115 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Whites vs blacks? which keys are better to start with?
by YadielOmar
37 minutes 22 seconds ago
Duets on 1 or 2 pianos?
by chasingrainbows
Today at 10:58 AM
If your life was described by a piece of music
by pianoloverus
Today at 10:46 AM
When - and why - does a pianist become 'famous'?
by bennevis
Today at 10:32 AM
1000 dirty pianos
by Davepost
Today at 08:04 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,907 Topics
2,391,177 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission