Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
126 registered (Albunea, anotherscott, accordeur, anamnesis, 31 invisible), 1549 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose ...You'll know when you find a good fit with a studio piano teacher. If you're not sure, take a couple paid lessons with that person and see how it goes. If you're still unsure, invent some excuse and scram. Exact
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good software for slowing down songs? by pv88 @ 06/30/15 07:18 PM

One of the best for doing transcription work is "Transcribe!" from seventhstring.com, here: http://seventhstring.com/xscribe/download.html After the 30 day trial period you must buy the software (at $39 USD) to continue using it and it's
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov -- performance & review(s) by StartwithBach @ 06/30/15 07:09 PM

Another Trifonov fan here. He is very captivating. I've compared his Chopin to Zimerman's, and there is just something extraordinary about Trifonov's playing that sets him apart. Would love to hear him perform live someday.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cool Beans ! by Ben Crosland by Arghhh @ 06/30/15 07:01 PM

Notice that the stems of the two D's are going in different directions. The one with the stem going up is part of the melody. The one with the stem going down you could consider to be the harmony, and the composer wanted this harmony "line&quo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585 by pv88 @ 06/30/15 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By GrandmanThank you pv88. Do you find your v piano's bass lacking when compared to the 585? Which sound system do you prefer? There is no lack of bass or volume with the V-Piano: I use a set of Klipsch 2.1 computer speakers with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by KurtZ @ 06/30/15 06:41 PM

Shinn Horng, Whether or not some foam "bass traps" will help can only be answered by defining what "better" means and determining how to get there. If what is worse is something caused by bass waves building up in the corners,
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585 by Grandman @ 06/30/15 06:36 PM

What's interesting is that the Roland has a feature where you can "voice" each individual note on the piano, which affects the tone of bright vs mellow. On the Yami, I think you can voice all 88 keys together instead of individually. More
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by johnlewisgrant @ 06/30/15 06:24 PM

OK: as a point of reference... here's my attempt, also Chopin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxGdncwv1N4 My experience doing home recordings.... 1. Your piano must be tuned PERFECTLY. The Chopin you chose will actually show up tuning issues... i
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585 by kapelli @ 06/30/15 06:23 PM

I don't know how most of people here finds Yamaha brighter than Roland... While it is definitely more sweet, more round, bit darker and bit more realistic. Roland is sounding like it's lacking of the base of the note, I mean bass, like the all sound
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov -- performance & review(s) by Entheo @ 06/30/15 06:11 PM

although pv88 has cautioned against watching the video i've not taken that advice and have a few superficial observations after watching part of it: first, mr. trifonov doesn't exhibit the facial histrionics of many other not-to-be-named pianists
You can use a sound board and attach sound exciters instead of using traditional speaker cones. Theoretically that should get you a more natural sound since the exciter acts like a bridge, vibrating a sound board. I'm not sure how much any of the d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by WhoDwaldi @ 06/30/15 06:02 PM

This has been fun, I usually stay out of these threads. I haven't been this engrossed with a competition, BTW, since the year on American Idol--of all things--when a finalist looked uncannily like me (offset 20 years), and he won (David Cook). I have
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiring a tech to FIND a piano by KurtZ @ 06/30/15 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By Norbert Another one claimed a brand new 7' grand we sold out of town 4 years ago was "close to collapse" a situation found totally untrue after having this piano just played and inspected during our annual b 300 miles &
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: buying advice needed by michaelha @ 06/30/15 05:59 PM

You don't necessarily need to be a trained musician to get an idea of what sounds good or bad, to you. Play a few chords on both pianos and trust your instincts. Then get a piano tech to inspect the one you like. Pearl Rivers before 2009, I heard,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Good software for slowing down songs? by DeadPoets @ 06/30/15 05:48 PM

I'm looking for a software to slow down songs so I can work on playing by ear. Are there any that allow you to remove the vocals as well?
Pianist Corner
At this point, I don't think I'll qualify for making too many far-reaching predictions - have only followed sporadically, and in the case of some finalists I haven't yet found time to hear their earlier rounds. Li in particular impressed me a great d
Pianist Corner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EmjgRnTZJU please tell me where you find a repeated phrase
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fixing weak areas in piano pieces? by Hakki @ 06/30/15 05:27 PM

You have be able to repeat 6 times without ANY mistakes the problem passage. If not you should slow down and try another 6 times and so on.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fixing weak areas in piano pieces? by Halee Reddick @ 06/30/15 05:20 PM

Thank you for the tips! I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to try this for the Mozart piece, as well as any other future pieces I'll be learning.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP508 speaker noise by Morodiene @ 06/30/15 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacIf you're unhappy with the piano, that's all that matters. So what good is an "official" statement from Roland? Firstly, they're not likely to make such a statement. Secondly, it doesn't even matter because y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by bennevis @ 06/30/15 05:15 PM

I seem to remember a 16-year-old pianist called Grigory Sokolov won a previous Tchaik competition; hmmmm, wonder what's happened to him since then.... BTW, all I heard of Kharitonov so far was his Appassionata (which seems to me to be modelled on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Daniil Trifonov -- performance & review(s) by johnlewisgrant @ 06/30/15 05:08 PM

I love her. (Well, I love lots of people, but I'm referring to Yuja Wang.) When she's in Toronto I ALWAYS attend. Her technique is .... beyond belief. And I like her "attitude," for want of a better description. Still, my own entirely pe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by Albunea @ 06/30/15 05:02 PM

Your speech makes me think you fear Kharatinov will win, because you think he will. I like Li. I have to agree about a little thing thereā€¦it doesn't look so probable he'll get gold among so many good Russians. If he had been Russian, he might have
Pianist Corner
Clapping for Masleev in tempo together with the audience for minutes of Matsuev and Engstrom was also weird and unusual for me. To tell the truth, I lost my confidence and respect in the competition.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery learning by Saranoya @ 06/30/15 04:54 PM

This topic's title caught my eye because of an article I just read, titled "Should there be a three-strikes rule against pure discovery learning?": "[If] meaningful learning occurs when the learner strives to make sense of the presen
Page 82 of 94 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chopin Phone Book (Schirmer Ultimate Collection)
by WhoDwaldi
Today at 03:55 PM
Steinway's newest, but not for every budget
by leel
Today at 03:47 PM
Is this a good rubato? (Rachmaninoff Etude)
by Evaldas
Today at 03:23 PM
Arpeggiated chords
by AprilE
Today at 03:19 PM
Few Questions on D. Scarlatti Sonata K.032 (Aria)
by Son N
Today at 02:18 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,888 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,345 Topics
2,424,580 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission