Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
71 registered (ando, chasingrainbows, Bortholomew, Charles Cohen, 18 invisible), 1550 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I think you are confusing what you Want with what you Need. If you can reconcile that, you might not be so conflicted.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ 08/23/16 03:50 AM

You are welcome anyway
Jump to new posts Re: Just a couple quick questions on the Kawai CA97 by Kawai James @ 08/23/16 03:46 AM

JoBert, Originally Posted By JoBertThe part that you quoted, where I made the note that this only works on the CA97, not the CA67, was the combination of both: Recording the piano sound together with audio from an existing WAV/MP3 (=overdubbing) plu
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by daniokeeper @ 08/23/16 03:45 AM

I'm sorry if my last post was redundant or seemed improper. I'm up very late here (3:45 AM) working on a project. My head is not working thinking too clearly -Joe
And it is because you say so it must be right, right? The Yamaha avant Grand series play back old samples in a mock up acoustic piano cabinet and via an incomplete piano mechanic, but for the price you pay there you can really buy a good acoustic pi
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ 08/23/16 03:38 AM

Of course I will. If I have environmental problems I will correct with all the solutions possible. Have to say I like this piano so much, is a very different from the classic C series , is warm and powerful, I love to play it, keyboard action is very
Jump to new posts Re: AvantGrand N1 by spanishbuddha @ 08/23/16 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By plumpfingersThis is a bit off topic, but do any of you know if the N1 or N2 claims to mimic the action of a Yamaha concert grand? Or is it modeled after a smaller grand? Somewhere buried in these threads someone stated it is b
To state that the AG's, or any DP, cannot be considered to be a musical instrument shows that NotaBene has no musical affinity or ability. The rest of his opinion is built on a similar foundation.
Jump to new posts Re: other uses for teflon powder? by daniokeeper @ 08/23/16 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By ZMaestroOriginally Posted By daniokeeperAnother use for it in the piano is to use it on the keybed of a grand piano to help the action slide more freely when the una corda pedal is depressed. Wouldn't this make a mess when you
Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By JoBertCombine the last two: Play MP3/WAV from USB plus signal from line in as double background sound and over it with one/two piano voices -> Everything recorded together (this last one on the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by The Monkeys @ 08/23/16 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoWhy don't you schedule interview lessons with five different teachers? Try several teachers out. Then, make a decision. I don't trust myself being able to make a decision after interviewing 5 different teachers. It wo
Jump to new posts Re: other uses for teflon powder? by FrankCox @ 08/23/16 03:12 AM

It's great stuff for lubricating the rollers on overhead garage doors.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing major and harmonic minor scales by Groove On @ 08/23/16 03:12 AM

Targeting a scale or two at a time is a good strategy. Think about adding the arpeggios for those scales, most especially the Major I IV V chords. But one thing to consider - scales and arpeggios may not be necessary at this point in your musical de
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by daniokeeper @ 08/23/16 03:11 AM

Anton, If you have a new environmental issue that did not exist before, replacing the piano may not correct the problem. When you have your independent technician come to tune and evaluate the piano, please ask him to check for any environmental pr
Jump to new posts Re: other uses for teflon powder? by ZMaestro @ 08/23/16 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By daniokeeperAnother use for it in the piano is to use it on the keybed of a grand piano to help the action slide more freely when the una corda pedal is depressed. Wouldn't this make a mess when you need to remove the action?
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3 XA tuning problems by AntonJ @ 08/23/16 02:52 AM

Thank you Joe, as said no WD 40 sprayed or on the pins, just a little bit on cloth. It's no possible 40 WD has compromised the piano, it was more than year ago, and the piano was ok till this recent days. As you said , yes , black on strings was a re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype troubleshoot by wouter79 @ 08/23/16 02:31 AM

Once in the kernel, you can do anything. Control the camera, mic, graphics card, keyboard, hard drive, memory, passwords, network, other applications, etc. I'm not sure what the skype kernel extension is for, you would have to dig deeper into it to f
Well, sure when it rains, it rains, and after that, comes the sun shining, or maybe more rain, it all depends... But inquiring about the next step of a major maker a few dozen of weeks at most before major announcements is not that vain. Actually,
Jump to new posts Re: New member..new question :) by AssembleThis @ 08/23/16 02:17 AM

Hi Gillette! Granted there are a lot of buttons on the DGX-660, but look at all the things it can do. There are many You Tube videos on it as well as the DGX-650. The DGX-660 does a little more than the DGX-650 and is the latest model. Yamaha also ha
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Double Fugue in e flat minor, Leviathan by Arnerich @ 08/23/16 02:15 AM

Here's a double fugue I composed for piano. In three minutes everything from inversion, retrograde, retrograde inversion, theme augmentation to invertible counterpoint and stretto all occur within the piece. The ambition of the counterpoint is matche
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by MarieJ @ 08/23/16 02:04 AM

41. SwissMS/Doris - Arietta Op 47 #7 Do we *ever* bring a piece to where we want it? I know I’ve never managed it; we’re our own worst critics. Yet another new piece for me, and it was lovely. Beautifully played. 42. Schubertian - Nocturne in
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi All! Been a while since I've last been in here and after catching up on all the post it's good to see all the progress everyone made! Shame ya'll are so far away as I'd love to have you over to give the neighbors a free recital whether they like
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would you keep this student? by AZNpiano @ 08/23/16 01:58 AM

15 is a very difficult age. At this stage, if he's not invested in what he's doing, it will be a half-baked job. Just fire the student. Don't bother referring the student to a colleague. If you referred that student to me, I'd be mad at you!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Logan Avery @ 08/23/16 01:34 AM

I have played the N2. If memory serves it's got a concert grand action? I Love them... but $15,000? They're great keyboards don't get me wrong I really do like them. But $15,000 for an electric keyboard? I mean, that is perfectly in my price range an
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by AZNpiano @ 08/23/16 01:29 AM

Why don't you schedule interview lessons with five different teachers? Try several teachers out. Then, make a decision.
Page 82 of 83 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This just makes me so sad.
by Brinestone
08/29/16 11:25 PM
Is It Customary to Tip Tuner/Technician?
by newbert
08/29/16 11:15 PM
Looking to buy a new 48" piano
by Pivolin
08/29/16 10:12 PM
kabalevsky piano concerto in d major (9 years old)
by audrewh
08/29/16 09:14 PM
NPTG syllabus--help!!!
by chasingrainbows
08/29/16 09:05 PM
Forum Stats
84,820 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,846 Topics
2,551,529 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission