Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
124 registered (anamnesis, accordeur, ando, AndrewJCW, 36251, 46 invisible), 1261 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by HwyStar @ 10/03/15 10:02 AM

The manuals for these new pianos are now posted up at the Roland site (LX-17): http://www.roland.com/support/by_product/lx-17/owners_manuals/. I am pretty excited about these new pianos. I had a V-Piano for a week and returned it because the sound;
Adult Beginners Forum
Welcome to the forum, Brassplyer. I'm assuming you're going it alone, without a teacher. As mentioned above... Possible injury Likely ingraining of inefficient technique Frustration, possibly leading to quitting But my experience has been the bigg
Piano Teachers Forum
There is a new device out that hooks over the music desk on grands and brings the music closer and lower to the pianist. It may be worth investigating. If you email me I will send you info on it. It is not something I sell but have seen. Another issu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overcoming 'what's the use' feeling by Troy 125 @ 10/03/15 09:50 AM

Every now and then I have to remind myself that, as an adult beginner, I'll simply never be more than hopefully an advanced intermediate player (and sometimes I wonder about the advance part). I've been watching Glenn Gould videos on YouTube, and fo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts POP Recital, Sign Up Thread by Greener @ 10/03/15 09:50 AM

The "POP" Themed Recital will be June 15, 2016. The details: 1) All skill levels are welcome. There are many easier arrangements of the music. Ear players too, are welcome and invited to participate. 2) Duplicate pieces will be allowed, s
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [Video] Rachmaninoff - Prelude Op.3 No. 2 by Lafi @ 10/03/15 09:48 AM

A first person point of view video of this piece: https://youtu.be/u9NbZus3AEk Hope you like it
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bass string cleaning by Craig Hair @ 10/03/15 09:43 AM

Thanks guys, Yeah, this really is a technique that has found its best service among our humbler clients. This can be done in a day, easily. It makes a big difference in the piano. The solution is common household ammonia such as "Parson's&qu
Adult Beginners Forum
June also great with me. I guess by pop I'd be thinking reasonably mainstream chart music, without any great requirement to be fussy about genre. Andrew, my 10 year old daughter and her cousin totally charmed an extended multigenerational family g
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on White Pianos by Troy 125 @ 10/03/15 09:36 AM

White pianos seem to be like brown cars. A dealer once told me they nicknamed the color "stick around brown". This was many years back, I imagine the paint job for brown cars is more attractive these days. Back to the question, even if I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I tip the piano movers? by Troy 125 @ 10/03/15 09:30 AM

Two guys delivered my upright, gave them $20 each (Midwest United States). That job has to take a toll on the body.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By outoI'm not really into pop...I can understand you not liking the Billboard Hot 100, Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Hot Chocolate, outo, but what about Coldplay, Snow Patrol or Vanilla Ice? I was thinking of popular songs after the G
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By AndrewJCW Or how about some MJ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H4rq0L9OSw Anyone keen? Like this one!!! Andrew, in the forum many of us are more from the generation of Michael Jackson than Taylor Swift. However, out
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: learning Brazilian jazzy stuff by Rerun @ 10/03/15 09:11 AM

I've found Latin rhythms are a bit complicated until you get both hands in a dance together and your ears find a way to deal with that left hand supporting that sound. This guy is using mostly block chords in the left hand but maybe he will get you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Concert Pianists Make No Mistake by Albunea @ 10/03/15 09:09 AM

In the piano music I am listening to, my favourite pieces (thinking of 2 I love) play what looks to me like some wrong notes. It is ok, they are still my favourite.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overcoming 'what's the use' feeling by JimF @ 10/03/15 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson What do you do to change the inner dialogue and keep trudging up the hill? The adult part of me says "yes, you can'but the child says 'no, you can't'.. How do you make the child take a nap? Most of us go throu
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Albunea ... Pop? What is Pop??? Good question. Although I've heard and used the term myself for years, I've never been really sure what it meant either. Here's is excerpt from Wikipedia of what they think it is; Pop music (a
Adult Beginners Forum
Good luck in your search, Haunted. You are right, having a teacher also keeps us motivated to keep working when we hit those inevitable low spots that make us question our efforts. My AOTW is having some unexpected success working out a decent music
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on White Pianos by Ben_NZ @ 10/03/15 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By Hendrik42He said, there's the "everything we have is white, so the piano must be white" buyers.. A dealer told me about a buyer like that. She ordered a grand piano to be built in exactly her shade of white, and appare
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Concert Pianists Make No Mistake by wr @ 10/03/15 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesI've heard that we perform to a standard 6 months behind where we are in practice. Along the same lines - some famous pianist once said that you can only produce in a live performance about 70% of what you achieve w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts learning Brazilian jazzy stuff by krauster @ 10/03/15 08:39 AM

I am a beginner. I had a year of piano lessons 50 years ago so I can read music very very slowly. But haven't played much for many years. I just bought a digital piano. CGP700. It feels great and sounds great. I love it. There will be a lot to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Research! by wr @ 10/03/15 08:34 AM

Have you looked at Music for Concert Band and Sourcebook for Wind Band and Instrumental Music yet? Also, I'd simply look through the catalogs of publishers - you can easily find many of them by googling something like "music for concert b
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By HakkiSimon below I just quote my respond from a few years ago, if it helps about the beginning. Nice! It does help actually. Was this your own program story? I am not sure. I might have read some s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tension whilst practising? by pe2Dave @ 10/03/15 08:22 AM

And you do - it's just the rest of the world that's wrong? The trolls on this forum have spoiled it for me. I'll try and find a better one.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by Brendan @ 10/03/15 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By da96103Originally Posted By PolyphonistLast time I participated in one of these megathreads was the 2013 Cliburn. If I have time, I'll try to be somewhat active here, as long as SWMNBN isn't in the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The best piano they could find to test you on was a Gulbransen console? WOW....... I learned to tune on Baldwin Spinets - tuning 5-6 per day in the Baldwin Chicago warehouse. My parameters back then were the 4th beat once per second and the 5ths b
Page 82 of 98 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 97 98 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Practicing gospel music - Jamal Hartwell's DVD.
by bgalbkatz
10/08/15 06:43 PM
Cleaning a VERY dusty Piano Lid
by NFexec
10/08/15 04:52 PM
Write musical scores on iPad (or Mac)?
by Eric NYC
10/08/15 01:10 PM
Any reasons, other than cost, NOT to go for a hybrid?
by barbaram
10/08/15 11:23 AM
Are today's concert ppianists boring?
by Steve Chandler
10/08/15 10:45 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,981 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,394 Topics
2,453,150 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission