Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (AndrewJCW, accordeur, anrpiano, aliash, 32 invisible), 1104 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by wouter79 @ 05/22/16 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By INBostonI love this piece, and I think you did a wonderful job. The tempo is great, I really like the dramatic dynamics and the lively feel. It could be a bit more even in places, but this is a technically challenging and long pi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by oldmancoyote @ 05/22/16 04:15 PM

...which is all the more reason for YOU to go out and listen to them. These are individual musical instruments, and they DO sound and feel different from each other. Not just Bechstein from Steinway from Fazioli, but this Steinway from that Steinway,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Simone Dinnerstein by ClsscLib @ 05/22/16 04:04 PM

She also made a general point that the pianist controls the range of both dynamics and tempi, with the ability (especially in a romantic piece like the Chopin) to define the upper and lower boundaries for each. She spent most of her commentary time
Piano Teachers Forum
Hi again everyone. Here's what we decided. He is going to focus on chamber music this summer so he will be going to the Midwest Young Artist (MYA) chamber music camp in Chicago. https://mya.org/summer/chamber.php To gear him up for that he will
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Scordatura Ability to fluently recall, from memory, what one has practised is the most dependable indicator of how thorough and successful one's practising has been, and of any local weak spots in a piece that still require furth
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by aliash @ 05/22/16 03:45 PM

what i really do not u derstand is why some of reply with such an angry like tone, if you have nothing else to say than just criticize then i would rather have no replies. for the record, i am not a multi-millionairmwho will by this piano for his hom
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Hellas brand piano? by johnbarnesiii @ 05/22/16 03:44 PM

Hi, I saw a craigslist ad for an upright piano by a brand called Hellas. Anyone familiar with this brand? Hiw good are their pianos? In terms of quality, what familiar brands would they compare to? Only thing I could find online is that the company i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by propianist @ 05/22/16 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi propianist, so you says that all plastic key actions are "crappy"?... well, thanks for your honesty!. Although I respect your opinion I do not share... So for you, DP´s like Kawai MP7, ROland RD800, Casi
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Just StevenOriginally Posted By BDB"Easily" is a relative term. If I were making the decision, I would take a buy-out from the insurance. A fine carpenter can mold a laminated wood with parallel grooves and restore it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ 05/22/16 03:37 PM

41 Silvia Lots in this piece to keep you involved. Smooth, good dynamocs, all in all, a great listen! Nice, your teacher will be happy with this . . 42 Lyricmudra Rgis is good stuff, and sounds well with your Blak. Lovely ring, very well played
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by aliash @ 05/22/16 03:33 PM

i will decide to buy one of them for my home so i need your info. nothing has been said about the built process, how many does each of them make per year and which one is the finest in details...
Jump to new posts Re: Fp-80, kawai ES8 or Yamaha p255 by Fer De Armas @ 05/22/16 03:32 PM

Hi, the Kawai ES8 is miles ahead over the rest. Cheers!.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-350 question by Charles Cohen @ 05/22/16 03:28 PM

Just one plug is enough.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by MeganR @ 05/22/16 03:23 PM

43. Ken. - Straight No Chaser Really enjoyed, after listening to yours, I ended up going down a long youtube journey into more Monk stuff, it was great. 44. Sam S - The Great Smoky Mountains What an interesting exercise! 46. Khopin - Nocturne E Fl
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Laughing during a piano lesson by Arghhh @ 05/22/16 03:20 PM

I feel like I didn't give a good lesson if there was no laughing in it.
Adult Beginners Forum
After feedback from students about the increased stress of performing in order of competence, this year my teacher will begin the recital by drawing a name at random. After playing, each performer with then draw the name of the next performer. Ever
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First ever (as an adult) live recital was today by torquenale @ 05/22/16 03:07 PM

A propos of alcohol, at the European Piano Party in Lisbon I made the big big mistake of drinking a glass of wine before playing... it was lunch time and appetizers have been served. Then I played, sort of. I felt completely relaxed, maybe too much.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By keystringA thought on respect. I think that respect toward a teacher is demonstrated through behaviour. You arrive on time, leave on time, listen attentively, and try to do each suggestion the teacher proposes during lesson tim
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Dr Bekken Plays Blues Piano by T E Bekken @ 05/22/16 03:01 PM

https://youtu.be/XxtNn43S758 What the title says...some improvised blues, one early morning in the office.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to regulate your grand piano by yourself ? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/22/16 03:00 PM

I believe this model Yamaha has a very flexible keyframe. Which means that some of the key height is set by using the balance rail studs to actually raise the keyframe. I think you have a couple of mm of key height to play with which affects key-dip
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-350 question by T E Bekken @ 05/22/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenTrue. The PX-350 has an equalization circuit to correct for the poor response of the internal speakers. To turn it off, insert a plug into the headphone jack. There are two headphone jacks. Do I need to insert
I do read the forum, but not exhaustively every day - especially over weekend when I'm busy working live gigs. I think the clue's in the words, "I just saw this..." Yes folks, it appears there is another Pianoworld forum thread about this
Unfortunately it`s way behind Pianoteq, and probably what you see it`s what you get and that`s it. Lucky for all piano lovers Pianoteq is a steady process to perfection. I pray for Moddart endurance in this process. Let me see, from 2006, I say at le
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano by Gene Nelson @ 05/22/16 02:21 PM

Good book: The Seventh Dragon The riddle of equal temperament Anita sullivan
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by oldmancoyote @ 05/22/16 02:16 PM

USER LOCATION: Central Switzerland MAKE: Yamaha MODEL: AvantGrand N1 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: CHF 5,990 (with Koenig & Mayer "Uplift" bench, Sennheiser HD558 and 3 months internet piano course subscription) DELIVERY CHARGE: CHF 150 VE
Page 82 of 89 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 88 89 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
WOW!!! "Chord Play", by Forrest Kinney!
by MacMorrighan
05/28/16 07:32 PM
Joel Hastings has passed away
by stores
05/28/16 06:14 PM
VR piano
by David Farley
05/28/16 04:43 PM
Bechstein in Jerusalem
by David-G
05/28/16 01:55 PM
Questions About Replacing Piano
by newbert
05/28/16 01:49 PM
Forum Stats
83,794 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,995 Topics
2,528,770 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission