Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
157 registered (8ude, accordeur, 36251, ajames, Al LaPorte, 36 invisible), 1823 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by Farmerjones @ 02/04/16 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibHow would you want to be treated if your roles were reversed? I've never gone wrong by treating someone as I would wish to be treated in the other person's situation This. I am assuming you've paid tuition. This makes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Zsolt Bognár playing free concert in Cleveland Feb. 7 by Hank Drake @ 02/04/16 08:33 AM

Zsolt Bognar will play a free recital at the Cleveland Museum of Art's Gartner Auditorium this Sunday at 2pm. The program will include: Schubert: Impromptu in A-flat major, D. 935, No. 2 Three Klavierstücke, D. 946 Greig: Lyric Pieces, selection.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by xadmin @ 02/04/16 08:31 AM

That's quite ashamed that they cut these features down Originally Posted By GarfOriginally Posted By RudessJR USB MIDI port. IS THIS ALL TRUE, ESPECIALLY IS IT THE SAME SOUND FROM Fp130? Cause that would be huge, I know that the action is the same t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From now on.... by Piano*Dad @ 02/04/16 08:29 AM

Norbert is a real person. Many people here have met him and spoken to him. Others have known him for years. The avatars we choose don't always reflect a wish for anonymity. They're a shorthand. Many people know me, for instance, and have met me on oc
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Synchronizing Dip, Aftertouch and Blow by Craig Miller RPT @ 02/04/16 08:28 AM

I forgot to mention that if you do this on a number of keys throughout the action, you will see how the blow needs to be varied in different sections to accomodate a uniform dip and aftertouch.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Synchronizing Dip, Aftertouch and Blow by Craig Miller RPT @ 02/04/16 08:24 AM

It's important to remember that you can't have any keydip with any blow, or visa versa. I suggest this procedure to determine whether an particular keydip works for a particular action ratio: First increase the drop until it is obviously too large,
Try tomorrow again, we live in turbulent age
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Age limits Conservatories by malkin @ 02/04/16 08:16 AM

If you have a specific place in mind, you could direct your question there.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by malkin @ 02/04/16 08:14 AM

Use simple and direct language. Be kind.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by barbaram @ 02/04/16 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By barbaramMy third one: 1. Melody "Ivan Sings" - Aram Khachaturian 2. Mozart - Rondo 3. Yann Tiersen - Le Moulin I'm not going to post a recording yet as it's my fallback for the quarterly recital. I managed to ge
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by ClsscLib @ 02/04/16 08:07 AM

How would you want to be treated if your roles were reversed? I've never gone wrong by treating someone as I would wish to be treated in the other person's situation. Presumably the professor is someone who has invested a lot of work and concern in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Henle going digital! by ClsscLib @ 02/04/16 07:51 AM

I corresponded yesterday with Henle about a technical glitch at my end (we easily corrected my user error), and I raised the issue of making more of their catalog available online. I was very pleased by this prompt response: "Yes, we are aware
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by wouter79 @ 02/04/16 07:50 AM

I would not take it so harsh. They may be really concerned? Why can't you explain the reason?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by barbaram @ 02/04/16 07:49 AM

Well, I'm in Poor old Wolfgang would be turning in his grave if he could hear the way I brutalise his work!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by chopin_r_us @ 02/04/16 07:48 AM

No teacher worth their salt would encourage you to enter a music profession. Engineering is every bit as creative.
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by GeorgeStorm @ 02/04/16 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By GeorgeStormOriginally Posted By Dave HorneI like the QuikLok Monolith for two reasons, it's sturdy and folds flat. http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=70&sName=M-91 Ooh th
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Garf @ 02/04/16 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By RudessJR USB MIDI port. IS THIS ALL TRUE, ESPECIALLY IS IT THE SAME SOUND FROM Fp130? Cause that would be huge, I know that the action is the same tho.. It's true for piano. Not for the other sounds: as the FP-30 doesn't have t
Jump to new posts Re: Semi-decent stand for my ES7 by dmd @ 02/04/16 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By GeorgeStormOriginally Posted By Dave HorneI like the QuikLok Monolith for two reasons, it's sturdy and folds flat. http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=70&sName=M-91 Ooh that looks pretty hefty!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin 7 Fter in Irvine, CA $5800 by iLaw @ 02/04/16 07:28 AM

Originally Posted By musicpassion ... That picture of the hinge should win some award. C'mon folks, it's a picture of THE LID. Would you buy a piano that didn't have a lid? I don't think so! Where would you stack your music? Where would singers pu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: learning tools suggestion by TonyB @ 02/04/16 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By johan dmaybe something for you https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sqr5.android.audioplayer Thanks for the URL, however as mentioned in my OP, I already have: www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html I have u
Ok, how about now?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm not happy with my piano teacher... by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/04/16 07:19 AM

I would contact the school principal and make a formal complaint. That's what I would do. You are the one that is getting ripped off and would have to put up with this nonsense for a whole school year. You also would loose a whole year's worth of pro
Jump to new posts Re: Buying piano from Amazon reliable? by Garf @ 02/04/16 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By FELT Also, which one would you recommend me buying? Yamaha P115 Casio PX160/360 (dislike the panel) Kawai ES100 Other decent pianos within the price range of the listed. Roland FP-30. Amazon has really good warranty/customer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm not happy with my piano teacher... by chopinoholic @ 02/04/16 07:15 AM

Hi Marimorimo, I understand your problem. I also compare teachers (I don't have one at the moment) with my first teacher. I seek some sort of 'first-teacher-clone' and always find flaws in other teacher's methods. Maybe you should look for the qual
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque Themed Recital 2016 Sign Up Thread by marimorimo @ 02/04/16 07:10 AM

To sign up to the Baroque Themed Recital, hit the quote button of the most recent post with the list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and write the composer, title and your forum name. Sign-up list: Invention N
Page 82 of 88 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 87 88 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A pin block question
by Thermodog
Today at 02:39 PM
145 progression
by johan d
Today at 02:26 PM
UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai
by UpstairsDavid
Today at 02:26 PM
Study Group: Gluck Melody from Orfeo (Sgambati)
by Michiyo-Fir
Today at 02:18 PM
Study Group: Chopin Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4
by Michiyo-Fir
Today at 02:10 PM
Forum Stats
82,532 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,391 Topics
2,493,974 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission