Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
116 registered (bennevis, AZ_Astro, Beemer, 38 invisible), 1768 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By SiFi The diatonic version of what you're talking about is so common that it's a total cliche. The composer of Les Miserables didn't seem to know of any other way to construct a song than to have a stepwise descending bass line:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Markus03 @ 04/25/16 09:53 AM

Thank you Rich for your input! BTW, I really enjoy your Piano Tastings episodes! Very entertaining and informative! Out of curiosity, which of the two is your definite preference? Shigeru or the Estonia? Thanks again.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yah vell mi muther vas alf Svedish. So I hear evertin a quarter as vell.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Random Piano Thoughts by RaggedKeyPresser @ 04/25/16 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By chopinoholicI bought a new zoom h4n recorder with a condenser stereo mic and a mic stand! I will experiment with it this evening and see how it sounds. I wil also start a thread with a recording and pics to see what you
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DP with good harpsichord sound by siros @ 04/25/16 09:41 AM

I bought Standard version with 30% discount. I think they have discount once or twice a year for Standard and Pro versions. But I never see a discount for Stage version.
Adult Beginners Forum
There's also the Sostenuto pedal (middle pedal) that can be of use.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Markus03 @ 04/25/16 09:38 AM

Hi everyone! Thank you very much for your kind replies. Yes, absolutely tone and touch are extremely important. The SK-2 should be arriving soon for me to try out. I just wanted to know if there were any known recurring problems with either piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piece are you working now ? And what .... by RaggedKeyPresser @ 04/25/16 09:36 AM

A Czerny beginner piece. Not thinking ahead of time fluently enough without the sheet music crutch.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by Frédéric L @ 04/25/16 09:35 AM

@pold: Perhaps a Steinway & Lyngdorf hifi system : http://www.steinwaylyngdorf.com
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by pold @ 04/25/16 09:31 AM

You mean that there is a speakers system that sounds like an acoustic grand piano? Which one is it? If it was so easy everybody would buy that system, don't you think?
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm just starting to work on In The Garden by Gurlitt. There are multiple measures where three different voices are in place, one in the left hand, two in the right. All three must be played with different intensities. So far so good, however. I'm re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Yamaha GC2 by BrianDX @ 04/25/16 09:17 AM

I would like to reply in general to this thread if I may... My wife and I went through this process two years ago. We auditioned both the GC2 and the C2X. The differences between the two were not subtle. The best prices we negotiated between the t
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by Mta88 @ 04/25/16 09:15 AM

Just tried this out. I gotta say I'm impressed. Still not as good as the latest sampled software pianos to my ears but gosh the playability is amazing. Realism or not this new insturment from pianoteq is so much fun to play. U really can feel th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very overpriced Young Changs or not?? by ebonykawai @ 04/25/16 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By DrewBoneI dunno' what they're worth e-k, but Young Chang #1 sure is smack right in the middle of some rather unique decor, nestled away in a basement apartment perhaps, or? Regards, Andy LOL, maybe it's smuggled! How odd
Jump to new posts Re: Latency and connection to the piano by Mta88 @ 04/25/16 09:10 AM

Wow... I took off the release samples and that practically got rid of the problem. Also reduced my polyphony to 105 from 128. Thanks again for the above. I adjusted the dfd settings etc. Using 1.5 go of ram now for the insturment. I'll consider an
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Jazz Exercise No. 2 by Oscar Peterson by Lafi @ 04/25/16 09:06 AM

I had some free time this morning.. so i learned and recorded this cool little piece hope you like it! https://youtu.be/9hDuGoZgM84
Jump to new posts Re: Grado vs Sennheiser HD598 for The Grandeur by Mta88 @ 04/25/16 09:05 AM

Quick question... due to the open ear design. Would the hd598 sound more realistic than a my KRK to kit 6 studio monitors? I've been told that headphones are more accurate and superior to speakers. And I've been told the opposite as well.. Stil
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by jjo @ 04/25/16 08:58 AM

Understood. I actually love theory and like reading about all kinds of chords and scales. I just distinguish between things I might read about, and the things I actually try to get under my fingers so that I can use them when playing with others.
Jump to new posts Re: EBVT III for concerts by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 04/25/16 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By BeemerI don't know what historical temperament is being used in this YouTube video but I really enjoyed the performance. Maybe it was because it was a Blüthner http://tinyurl.com/hu7bfjq Ian The historical temperament b
Pianist Corner
Thanks guys for your suggestions. I posted my opinions (on another forum) about the copyright infringement cases. I also posted the YouTube I found for the Passus Duriusculus. I have pondered some of these recent cases and my thinking is that peopl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piece are you working now ? And what .... by bSharp[C]yclist @ 04/25/16 08:53 AM

I'm working on The Wild Rider by Schumann. One thing that I struggle with, and it was similar with The Little Beggar is where you have similar passages but one measure is different. For example, Measure 1 is the same as 5, 2 is 6, and 3 is 7. It's 4
Originally Posted By DoelKees "Perfect pitch", or more accurately called "absolute pitch" is the ability to recognize without context if you hear an A or a Bb wrt pitch standard A440. Its existence is irrefutable and not a myth.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Playing Pianos? by Mark Fontana @ 04/25/16 08:45 AM

These systems are not definitely not "mix and match", particularly across different manufacturers. If you post the brand and model number, or at least some photos of the front and back of the control unit, we might be able to offer suggest
Jump to new posts Re: Speakers for Roland RD-800 by toddy @ 04/25/16 08:39 AM

PA speakers would almost certainly sound worse than the HS7s. They are intended to fill large rooms and only exceptionally good PA systems sound hi-fi-ish. EV or Bose might do but they'd cost a fortune. My experience with the hs7s, when I got them,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel - Toccata Fingering Help by hreichgott @ 04/25/16 08:27 AM

I use 2345 too, after trying all the other options I could possibly think of and not finding a good one! I find I have to pay attention to exactly where each fingertip is on the key. Em9 - fingers 2 and 3 are right next to each other by the corner of
Page 82 of 90 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 89 90 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Adding Muffler Rail to Upright Piano
by johnbarnesiii
05/01/16 01:58 PM
Printed piano music
by Isabelle1949
05/01/16 01:53 PM
Tuning high-layer pinboards?
by Beemer
05/01/16 01:46 PM
THERE WASN”T A 30 DAY recital WARNING BELL!!!!
by piano_primo_1
05/01/16 01:02 PM
Piano note decay time?
by Beemer
05/01/16 12:34 PM
Forum Stats
83,475 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,340 Topics
2,520,321 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission