Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (AllanH, anotherscott, accordeur, AmateurBob, 32 invisible), 1483 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by Marvelle @ 04/30/15 05:37 PM

Thanks for that Youtube link Sam. I subscribed to his channel. Looks like a good reference for the future. And welcome Shey! Vacationing in France. Sounds wonderful. Frank
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Intermezzo 118 no 2 by Damon @ 04/30/15 05:20 PM

Thanks for sharing this, I love this piece and you do play it nicely. I think the left hand is a little heavy which kind of agrees with Bruce and Ralph except I wouldn't want to hear the melody line any louder. More Brahms!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mixed review on my new Hidrau, Hydraulic piano bench by shirlkirsten @ 04/30/15 05:19 PM

This story will have a happy ending.. and I will give an update when everything is resolved.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by soundsquire @ 04/30/15 05:19 PM

Welcome Shey! I think this might be a reference for you. It appears to match the song (notes/rhythm) on page 64 but I can't verify the style is correct. Evening Song - Chovan I am definitely getting the videos for Fundamental Keys. The issue I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scrapping old pianos by Herr Weiss @ 04/30/15 05:18 PM

Hard times, Mark?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by TrevorM @ 04/30/15 05:14 PM

Medden, I could hear you becoming more confident even as you worked through those 15 pieces. Great job! I really must find a way to record at least some of mine…
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by zrtf90 @ 04/30/15 05:12 PM

There is a whole load of changes, social, political and economic, going in the early nineteenth century that influenced the music and composers and the naming became more applicable but there isn't a single point where it started as much as an increa
Piano Teachers Forum
TimR, what I described does not involve tedium or even "maturity". It is the opposite. It is playfulness, creativity, exploration. These are things of childhood.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
So, Today I went to shop and was testing pianos for an hour. Among many cheap models, they had three which were at the level I am looking on. These were two Yamahas and one Roland. Before I will start the rest of topic, I have to tell you, that I am
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" Bluthner is ready for collection! by Norbert @ 04/30/15 04:58 PM

Hey Joe: Yours is a spectacular piano! Can't get much classier than that..... Hope the piano will fill you with joy for long time. Norbert
Most of the software pianos don't support half pedaling and/or repedaling. And even those that do, can't do it right. For a serious classical pianist that would be a deal breaker. It is only Pianoteq that can perfectly emulate all those effects but i
Jump to new posts The elusive Alesis Coda Pro by Shey @ 04/30/15 04:57 PM

Oh, just been away on holiday and thought there may be some demos of this new low priced digital piano. I cannot find anything other than the NAMM demos from Feb this year. I was looking for an inexpensive portable DP for practice and thought as th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mixed review on my new Hidrau, Hydraulic piano bench by LXXXVIIIdentes @ 04/30/15 04:48 PM

My Andexinger 484 (75cm) was stiff at first, but now leaps up and down like a gazelle when required. I outweigh Shirley by only a little. I love it, would not give it up. I struggle to avoid Phillip's recommendations, much as I prefer them.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Medden @ 04/30/15 04:47 PM

I am up to 15 now... 1 - Drunken Sailor - Traditional English 2 - Hall of the Mountain King - E.Greig 3 - Scarborough Fair - Traditional English 4 - Waltzing Matilda - Traditional Australian 5 - Sonatina in C - Clementi 6 - Yellow Rose of Texas - Tr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by Shey @ 04/30/15 04:43 PM

Hi, I am so pleased this thread has started. Someone suggested to me to start an advice thread on FK as I was asking for some advice one time, and realised the thread I was looking at was about Rachel's new books and videos as she was developing the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about first grand piano purchase by Stubbie @ 04/30/15 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By rifung.......................Also in terms of practicing, I take it that the feeling and control of the action is more important than the tone right? I've really liked the sound of some restored older pianos but the touch just di
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New or Old Baldwin? by PianoTrends @ 04/30/15 04:34 PM

Without a doubt the BP190 has been the best Baldwin Grand to come out since US manufacturing ceased. Our customers have chosen this instrument over the comparable Japanese pianos. We all would prefer the old Baldwin L but realistically that grand is
Too many choices - time to take up the ukulele - the ultimate in simplicity while still offering some polyphony. Everybody has their favorites, so it is completely understandable that there are far too many solutions. Best of luck in sorting all t
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by Morodiene @ 04/30/15 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By krikorik It is not only recording the notes what counts, they need lots of work on sympathetic harmonics, which it is at infant level in this rendition, and a lot more dynamic range on the sound. Really? I get quite a bit of dyn
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fazioli Piano I wish to buy by Norbert @ 04/30/15 04:26 PM

Quote:Canadians are also much more conservative with spending, and there is less appreciation for fine craftsmanship and a larger acceptance of 'good enough', or more proper, mediocrity. You should come and visit us at the West Coast. Land of the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How much do you move your bench around? by WhoDwaldi @ 04/30/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By Hakki...it is said that, practicing with a lower bench height than your normal performance height will give you an advantage on the technical side. When I was a youngster, I once had to follow a guy built like Goliath during a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Today is International Jazz Day by PianoRoll @ 04/30/15 04:14 PM

Thank you for this, great concert! May be a little too "glamorous". However superb music.
Pianist Corner
Thanks for sharing. He really brings the Etudes to life. One of the best performances I've heard of them.
Pianist Corner
Those who practice ten hours a day have already lost part of their sanity. They have fallen prey to this simple fallacy: "The more hours a day I practice, the better I'll get". This is what the Germans (who can create a word for anything) c
Adult Beginners Forum
Just got a recording I'm happy with. I won't say how many takes it took! I can relax and enjoy my weekend now.
Page 82 of 94 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 93 94 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
is the touch on my Kawai upright too heavy for me?
by carojm36
05/06/15 06:24 PM
CP33 Controller for Pianoteq
by Peakly
05/06/15 03:52 PM
Lots of Instruments
by Groove On
05/06/15 03:34 PM
Is a free Schilling baby grand worth picking up?
by RanK
05/06/15 03:23 PM
Grand Piano Let-off screws are Maxed out.
by Scriabin67
05/06/15 03:07 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,176 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,802 Topics
2,403,525 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission