Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
169 registered (ajames, Alegretto, accordeur, A Guy, 42 invisible), 1557 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by Beemer @ 03/01/15 05:48 PM

This is a question that I hope will appeal to Mark as a mechanical engineer. Worm drives do not "unwind". Through chosen ratio, e.g. 17:1 they provide a magnification of precision tension adjustment. They would provide reduced tuning eff
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe? by CarlyB @ 03/01/15 05:48 PM

Kent, thanks for that idea. I'll follow up on that. Thanks to *all* of you for your invaluable advice! I plan to audition the Kawaii and have my tech check it over. It's probably the one we'll go with. Thanks again!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by TimR @ 03/01/15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisObviously, I wouldn't bore them by playing The Art of Fugue . Kudos. But this is perhaps not as obvious to everybody.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein Upright? by BDB @ 03/01/15 05:40 PM

You can post photos here.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the pianos Paderewski recorded on by BDB @ 03/01/15 05:39 PM

That Steinway was never owned by him, but it was used by him for one concert season. Afterwards, Steinway stored it away until they donated it to the Smithsonian.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by Fscotte @ 03/01/15 05:38 PM

That kind of playing really needs to be used to demo more than than just one the latest VST fads. I'd really like to hear you play the same thing with the Ravenscroft, same ambience, etc.. I'll send you $10 via Paypal. If we can get 40 others to d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ 03/01/15 05:36 PM

Lovely Chopin piece Moonsh1ne *sigh* All this great stuff that I can't play yet, but one day I will
Originally Posted By andoI get students asking me quite often, "which instrument is the hardest". My opening statement is, "They're all the same", and I go on from there in the manner you describe. You need a Theremin in your stud
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by BDB @ 03/01/15 05:35 PM

We might also mention Rossini, whose birthday fell sometime between yesterday and today. He was the oldest Steinway artist, as far as I know.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ 03/01/15 05:34 PM

Aaaaand here's Musette with it's mistakes. I have really got to figure out how to reign in my flying pinky fingers I swear.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny exercises - staccato? by MRC @ 03/01/15 05:34 PM

You can use this étude to practice different levels of staccato. Anything that is not explicitly marked legato should be played as some form of staccato, but there are many degrees from the nervous "staccatissimo" to something more calm (&
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach chorales for piano by WhoDwaldi @ 03/01/15 05:33 PM

Yes, they have been extracted and collected primarily from his cantatas, and are Bach's settings of Lutheran hymns. They are the big, goosepimply moments in the cantatas, and are considered masterpieces of four-part choral writing.
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by lolatu @ 03/01/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By 9190All what I need is to connect simultaneously KAWAI MP7 and laptop with VSTi driven with KAWAI VPC2 (in future) to pair of monitors. And to hear quality stereo sound with minimal latency for VSTi from that monitors or from hea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Frédéric Chopin! by bennevis @ 03/01/15 05:31 PM

How's your heart doing, Fryderyk?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin, Rondo's by dolce sfogato @ 03/01/15 05:31 PM

What is your opinion about these 4 early pieces that are not 'overplayed' (to use a word that might be overplayed in this forum)?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Teach Total Beginners to Play by Ear by bennevis @ 03/01/15 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By John v.d.Brook In my younger years, if I told people I could play the piano, the first thing they'd ask for is some common pop tune known to 95% of the population, but totally unknown in the classical world. It was a bit embarra
Originally Posted By andoBut I really think that you are using your own shortcomings as a guitar player as a reason for suggesting a redesign of the guitar! Like it has an inherent problem that makes it not ideal for human use. Quite likely I'm engag
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by Mike. @ 03/01/15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By Johan BHypnotherapy........mmmmm....sorry........makes me laugh...... Regards, Johan B I didn't think I was so amusing. That is another thing I have had to deal with is people thinking I am amusing. and I am not a comedian no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by zrtf90 @ 03/01/15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf901. Gliere: Le Soir, Op. 43, No. 5 2. Peerson: The Fall of the Leafe 3. Delius: Waltz for a Little Girl 4. Pergolesi: Sonata in E, Allegro 5. Dvorak: Silhouettes, Op. 8, Nos. 1 & 2 6. Liszt: No. 1 of Four Little Pieces,
Originally Posted By MorodieneI don't think you're going to get afertouch on any of these, btw. That's generally reserved for high-end synths (but it's good to dream, eh?). Thanks for the tips. Actually the A-49 manual says the D-BEAM can work as a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burn out and joy by 8 Octaves @ 03/01/15 05:18 PM

Sand Tiger, I hope the best for you as your submission of 'Pancakes' was really a highlight of my very first ABF Recital. Your father must have given you wonderful memories to spark this small piece of creativity. I felt your joy in the music. Bur
Originally Posted By Bellicapelli@beemer Yes, i know. But if it somehow can be sampled, it could be reproduced. Even my hifi has no spruce soundboard or wooden cabinet, but it can reproduce it nicely. Problem is how do you record it, if it ac
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts PianoDisc ProRecord by Mompou's Cat @ 03/01/15 05:14 PM

All -- I am a high-level amateur pianist looking for a solution for practicing piano in the evenings without disturbing the family. After lengthy research, having gone through digital and Yamaha hybrid options (hybrids are too expensive), I am looki
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts My first Piano video recording - Brennan - A minor by Brennan McMahon @ 03/01/15 05:10 PM

Hello dudes, This is my first recording ever of me playing piano. So its not that good, but I plan to get better. I am a guitar player but found myself enjoying the piano also.  Ive been playing Piano 1 year. This is in the key of A Minor.    
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by Johan B @ 03/01/15 05:07 PM

Hypnotherapy........mmmmm....sorry........makes me laugh...... Regards, Johan B
Page 82 of 119 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 118 119 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Sheet Music Looks Before & After You Practice
by Piano World
03/06/15 11:19 AM
Full Force -The Story of a City, New York
by Dfrankjazz
03/06/15 10:55 AM
Effective practice
by ZikO
03/06/15 10:14 AM
A way to midi record from RD700 to android
by Alegretto
03/06/15 10:05 AM
Speed practice - BWV 866 Prelude
by pinkfloydhomer
03/06/15 09:36 AM
Forum Stats
78,418 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,138 Topics
2,380,483 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission