Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (Andrei Kuznetsov, Alexander Borro, A2mom, Albunea, accordeur, 26 invisible), 1307 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Go big...you will regret it if you don't.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 Schimmel grands. 1 Living Room. Help me decide? by PianogrlNW @ 11/20/15 03:44 PM

Have you taped the footprint of both pianos on the floor to get a better idea of how much space they take up? What other furniture do you want in your living room and will it fit? How tall are your ceilings and what is the width of the two openings?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The problem is that in the USA these types of pianos cannot be sold on the internet. This forces you to shop at botiques and "play the game". The lack of public pricing information, and limited competition leaves the buyer at a major disadv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why My Teacher is Great by dogperson @ 11/20/15 03:38 PM

I have thought about your eloquent, heartfelt post and realized I don't often really thank my great teacher. Yes, I say 'Thanks' at the end of the lesson but I don't elaborate.... I will change that next week. Teachers are underpaid, IMHO, and m
Jump to new posts Acousticsamples Kawai EX PRO - sound and playability by Snapsh00t3r @ 11/20/15 03:37 PM

I have and love the Ivory II American Concert D, but on the lookout for a complementing vst with a more modern sound for pop etc. Of everything I´ve found so far the Acoustic Samples Kawai EX PRO seems to be the closest to what I´m looking for (jud
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Exalted Wombat @ 11/20/15 03:36 PM

I have just fallen in to what your username means! Cas In Italy. All these years, right over my head. I didn't see the pun in the name of Popeye's girlfriend until quite recently.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by torquenale @ 11/20/15 03:36 PM

Brava Casinitaly! Of course count me in for a contribution to the tuning!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Why My Teacher Is Great.. by dogperson @ 11/20/15 03:33 PM

If you are a teacher that missed this post on the Adult Beginners' Forum, I just wanted to point it out. This is a well-written, heartfelt sentiment that many of us share but do not often verbally express to our respective teachers. You are appreci
Well.. just to play guitar, I sticked a Blackstar 121 to my Triple Rectifier, so the best option seems to be sticking another one in, as I can stick up to 4 of those to this amp. I'm sure that Carvin would make a pretty decent bass cab on the smalle
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to motivate a child by bennevis @ 11/20/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottI'm not a child development expert or anything, but just from experience with teen piano students (and having been one myself) -- there's a significant difference between young teens and older teens. For the most part,
One major aspect of why many prime musicstores either having a hard time or had to close their doors is that everyone wants everything for the cheapest available internet prices. The amount of money an avarage music store can make when selling a digi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 Schimmel grands. 1 Living Room. Help me decide? by JohnSprung @ 11/20/15 03:28 PM

Some of us have concert grands at home, no problem. You prefer the 208, so go for it.
Piano Forum
I'm looking at 2 Schimmels in comparable condition made within 4 years of each other: a 5'10 Model 174 and a 6'10 Model 208. I like them both a lot and both are within my price range. Of course the longer one is more fun to play but the shorter one
Jump to new posts Re: Playing pianissimo on MP11 by NormB @ 11/20/15 03:01 PM

Quote:On an acoustic piano, all the pianist can control is when the hammer hits the string and with what force. Certainly the hammer rests in contact with the string for a short moment, but we have no control over this. Thus the two MIDI values (timi
Piano Teachers Forum
Heather, you have brought forth some important points. Originally Posted By hreichgottI know that some teachers deal with this by having adults move on to a new piece once the current piece is merely understood, never expecting anything to be execute
When I go to a piano store I want to try pianos out and I don't want to get taken advantage of price wise. I don't want to be forced to walk around with a sales guy, and I don't want to deal with a salesman who's been incentivized to push certain br
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By Lakeviewsteve I am therefore an adult student... Do you consider yourself a difficult student, then? And if not, why not? I asked this question for a reason. I expect Steve to say that he is not
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - La Campanella by Cheeto717 @ 11/20/15 02:43 PM

If only the whole piece stayed in this level of difficulty!
Originally Posted By Edb123Tonybanks I agree with u 100% What these muppets in piano shops or car shops or estate agents don't seem to realise is IF IT WAS BLOODY MONKEYS SELLING THE THING I WOULD STILL BLOODY WELL BUY IT So in future u will trea
Originally Posted By Edb123 IF IT WAS BLOODY MONKEYS SELLING THE THING I WOULD STILL BLOODY WELL BUY IT Quote of the year, right there. I don't shop high-end digital/acoustics much so I can't speak to those salemen, but as far as car salesmen: M
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Nocturne - de Falla by toyboy @ 11/20/15 02:21 PM

for Frank
Pianist Corner
Schubert: Sonata Op.42, 2nd movement - Ganddalf Norman Dello Joio: Sonata #3, 1st Movement - Tim Adrianson Gail Kubik: Sonata for Piano, 3rd Movement - Tim Adrianson George Walker: Spatials - Tim Adrianson Leonard Bernstein: Touches - Tim Adrianson T
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By beet31425I hope you find something you want to play, and there's no real reason to be restrictive here. But for the record... Rage over a Lost Penny is really not a theme and variations! (I don't object to your playing it in the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hot Cello Makes the News by ando @ 11/20/15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiYo Yo has done that, left his Montagnana in the trunk of a taxi. And Joshua Bell left his Strad in a barber shop across from Carnegie Hall. Yes, but I'd say this was intentionally stored in the car while the owner w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Notation Question - Diagonal Lines by JohnSprung @ 11/20/15 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By MRC - Where does the example come from? (piece? composer? period?) - Is this an original piano piece or an arrangement? It's bars 16 and 17 of "La Marseillaise" by J-C Rouget de Lisle, 1792. (Actually I was expecting
Page 82 of 92 < 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 91 92 >
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all our members and guests from the U.S.!
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Belated Birthday Orange Soda King!
by pianoloverus
Today at 04:13 PM
Special Thanks on this day to all the techs on PW
by chasingrainbows
Today at 04:05 PM
Disney Piano Songs
by Marie101
Today at 03:50 PM
Isolating notes for acapella singer
by Dru Morgan
Today at 03:44 PM
Happy Birthday Frank.
by Steve Cohen
Today at 01:37 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,560 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,586 Topics
2,469,906 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission