Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
79 registered (anotherscott, Arabesque, Anne H, AndrewJCW, Al LaPorte, 18 invisible), 1017 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Smaller Portable Keyboard for Child? by toddy @ 07/24/15 08:57 AM

It is not easy to get digital pianos with anything less than 88 keys. However in terms of weight, quality and price, the Casio PX piano such as the PX 150 (old line) or PX 160 (new model - more expensive) would be a good choice in the price range you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Playing Mozart's Piano Pieces as Mozart Did' by chopin_r_us @ 07/24/15 08:57 AM

Nice playing. The technique is definitely not faulty for the instruments of the day.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going to a new country for the first time by Orange Soda King @ 07/24/15 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By da96103 It could have been worse. You: "Not exactly, do you even know where Kentucky is?" Local man: "Of course, you are from there." (Points to KFC restaurant) Haha! I did eat at a KFC and I told the cash
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - literally the best composer ever? by outo @ 07/24/15 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By sirwormsalotOnly the mind can define what makes a musical masterpiece. You might be able to put certain elements of a piece into words, but at the end of the day it is the brain which responds to music. Some music is more 'exciti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS10 vs. K-200/K-300 - What to buy? by lophiomys @ 07/24/15 08:47 AM

My opinion would be: Buy a good acoustic (no wires inside, nothing complicated which could cause costs later on). If you need something for silent practice, buy some cheap/portable digital piano or keyboard. Go out and try the pianos hands on firs
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing Steinway Grand Piano by tend to rush @ 07/24/15 08:44 AM

AC Pianocraft Absolute Piano Allegro Pianos Beethoven Pianos Cantabile Caruso Piano Country Piano Faust Harrison Klavierhaus Lindeblad Rick Jones
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS10 vs. K-200/K-300 - What to buy? by mabraman @ 07/24/15 08:39 AM

K200+silent system and you have both worlds for the price of a k300. If you just wanna have fun, a CS10 or even less will be fine. If you want to learn to play on real accoustics...K series IMO is the way to go. By the way, depending on the size of
Jump to new posts Smaller Portable Keyboard for Child? by pianomise @ 07/24/15 08:33 AM

My son plays piano (a Kawai K6), but would like a smaller, portable keyboard when he goes to visit relatives who have no piano. Can folks here recommend something with a reduced key set, with graded keys and built-in speakers? This cannot be an 88
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 soley for improving practice? by wdco @ 07/24/15 08:25 AM

The bass depends on which Piano model you're using (Steinway, Blutner, K2). If you have the PRO version you can amaze yourself with bass richness. The quick fix is to judiciously use some eq... and it works but is not the best solution. When I edi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Neoscores by johan d @ 07/24/15 08:14 AM

Well, here no problem. This is a direct link to the promo video. https://player.vimeo.com/video/81050080
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Roland RD-800 suitable for me? by wdco @ 07/24/15 08:10 AM

TO JAY, from Roland factory: I use the RD800 as a controlling keyboard for Piano Teq edited Pianos I use on stage. The RD800's action is perfectly matched for it and allows complete dynamic control better than any of the Yamaha keyboards (including
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Neoscores by DanL @ 07/24/15 08:07 AM

I clicked it couldn't fully load. It seemed to take forever (and still is). It stuck at the loading screen (the one with the rotating green symbol). Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Roland RD-800 suitable for me? by moleskincrusher @ 07/24/15 08:02 AM

There are X-stands, double-X-stands, Z-stands, V-stands, and most popularly on this forum, platform stands. Cost seems to correlate with quality. For my Casio I favor a unique stand, the Quik Lok Monolith, which is super stable and sets up/tears
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: a type of backbeat? by indigo_dave @ 07/24/15 07:55 AM

I've read this "dragging backbeat" mentioned in the past. I've never really heard it. But I read it described in the Stax Records recordings. I also read something about the physical characteristics of the Stax studio space creating some so
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Olek @ 07/24/15 07:54 AM

Alfredo, let me suggest that you download Tunelab and process or verify the calibration of your cell phone. Mine was about 3cts low, for instance. I think of that because there is no calibration with EPT do you could have difficulties entering th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Purchasing Steinway Grand Piano by Chelsea00 @ 07/24/15 07:39 AM

Hi kippesc - I actually had no idea you need to a lot of work on the piano other than regular tuning... Can you please give me an example of what kind of work that needs to be done?
Page 82 of 82 < 1 2 80 81 82
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does a responsive touch mean more resistance at the bottom?
by DeadPoets
Today at 04:10 AM
Teaching Friends' Kids
by AZNpiano
Today at 03:57 AM
What These Markings Indicate?
by Batuhan
Today at 01:43 AM
visited Pianoworks this week
by terminaldegree
Today at 12:07 AM
Wish I Could Only Teach Students 10 Years and Older!
by Musicdude
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,201 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,880 Topics
2,431,536 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission