Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
76 registered (alwatson, Ayla, Amusingprofessor, barbaram, 36251, 18 invisible), 1056 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Medden @ 04/26/16 09:59 AM

Back to the audience again...... Is he shy? I'd much rather have watched his face and hands. It's a brilliant concert regardless.
Piano Forum
The floor to keytop distance is usually in the range of 28 to 29 inches. It is sometimes a bit higher on uprights. Not sure how much the distance varies from under the keybed to the floor.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do piano stores place false ads on eBay/craigslist by David Farley @ 04/26/16 09:58 AM

There's a local eBay-like marketplace for the university where I work. One of the flags for a scam is, did they upload a picture of the actual item, especially if it's a big-ticket item? Not that it's any guarantee, but for instance: A MacBook for sa
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, my teacher "pushes" me... but usually I get a pass before I reach the required tempo which is often too fast for me. I stick to the written fingerings, I usually don't change a thing unless I find something quite uncomfortable or if
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPT I have read many of the so called-studies and reviewed the so-called scientific experiments that are often cited. None of them once again, even remotely fit the description of a scientific study. So, you come
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by OneWatt @ 04/26/16 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By lophiomysThe advantage could be, that you have more parameters visible on the screen at the same time, instead of switching through multiple small screens on the MP7, and playing catch with the turing knobs. The other thing would
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piece are you working now ? And what .... by PianogrlNW @ 04/26/16 09:54 AM

1. 3 Chopin Mazurkas - I'm working on getting the rhythm just right so that you can imagine dancers - that's the difficult part. I'm spending many hours with these pieces, trying to produce a sound that is natural and authentic. 2. Scarlatti Sonata
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dexterity Exercises by Medden @ 04/26/16 09:54 AM

Check out dohnanyi finger exercises for some tricky dexterity. Don't overdo them. 10 mins a day seems ample. I like to do these away from the piano to.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progressing a step further by Medden @ 04/26/16 09:51 AM

Having heard you play in the ABF recitals, my advice is...stop worrying. You are a very competent pianist! Before you begin playing, remind yourself that everyone in the audience wants you to enjoy performing for them, as much as they want to enjoy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Standard keyboard (kneehole) and pedal heights? by Withindale @ 04/26/16 09:46 AM

What are the standard ranges of keyboard (underside, kneehole) and pedal (top, front) heights on upright and grand pianos? I am wondering if the Ibach is a bit low at just over 60 cm (24 inches) with its post WWII replacement legs and castors - and a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by ebonykawai @ 04/26/16 09:46 AM

I agree with you both, it's a challenge, to be sure! My last teacher many years ago dropped the method book I was using but as we went forward, I learned almost no theory. I really had no idea of what I was playing and it became mostly memorization.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bSharp[Cyclist]Below is a link to Wild Rider (Horseman). The sheet I use is from Alfred's Masterwork Classics. The below uses some different fingering in the left hand in some places, which is interesting. For example, in bar 8 i
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm a good memoriser. I've just got to that exciting point where I don't need to look at my hands, and I have enough spare concentration to follow along with the score....and look ahead. Trying to do this before you are ready would probably just sl
From the time I was a little kid, I could always tell which note was being played on the piano without even looking. My brothers discovered that I could. I had said that I could and they didn't believe it, so they tested me on it. I never got any no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What piece are you working now ? And what .... by bSharp[C]yclist @ 04/26/16 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By f3r I currently play it at dotted quarter note = 100bpm but it's on the edge of my reach (and it's probably too fast) and even at a comfortable tempo I can still screw up with the left hand. It's as if my hand wants to purposely
Adult Beginners Forum
I've had a couple of tries at Schumann's Wild Rider. It's a fun piece. I got the first section down but then kind of lost intertia. The speed was the hurdle I couldn't get over. I'm working on Chopin Prelude Op28 No 6. Hands separate only so far,
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by johnlewisgrant @ 04/26/16 09:31 AM

Devil's advocate comment: "If some guy prefers his second hand $200 Casio to a Steinway grand, or a $200,000 simulated Steinway grand, so be it. There's no right or wrong in this business. It's all a matter of personal taste."
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 04/26/16 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By Mario2015Originally Posted By BrianDXI can add that we are the students and have some say in this. It would be different if we the students wanted to skip a level and our teachers said no. The other way around, we can choose to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Craigslist Ad real? Shigeru Kawai by ebonykawai @ 04/26/16 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By Jean ClaudeOriginally Posted By ebonykawaiOriginally Posted By michaelha Next they'll say they're on a business trip in Nigeria so send them a MoneyGram. *falls off chair in hysterics** I am the representitive in France for
Jump to new posts Roland FP-30 review + nekkid pics by ivorytux @ 04/26/16 09:28 AM

A few thoughts on the Roland FP-30, now that I've had some time to really get to know it. pros * as a piano purist, I can appreciate that it has several really good piano tones, and not much else. * it does MIDI over USB which is nice if you're goi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by ebonykawai @ 04/26/16 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By mabraman How about 32k€ for this piece of... http://www.milanuncios.com/pianos/piano-antiguo-a-h-francke-pianoforte-185933316.htm It looks like it was found in the Titanic, LOL.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by ebonykawai @ 04/26/16 09:22 AM

An awesome 'Spinit'! Even though it's 34 years old, it's BETTER THAN NEW!! http://buffalo.craigslist.org/msg/5509403185.html
Jump to new posts Re: Pin block or wrest plank? by David-G @ 04/26/16 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPTFor that matter, the word piano is from Italian and it actually means plain as in flat like Great Plains. Forte actually means strong. So, the original Italian description of the instrument Cristofori invented w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hilarious Craigslist finds by ebonykawai @ 04/26/16 09:12 AM

LOL, that Weber piano!! What the heck?? Let's get a bunch of name plaques with 'Steinway' on them, LOL! We'll make a million dollars in no time!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Baroquen Promises" by Larry G. Alexander @ 04/26/16 09:12 AM

This is my "Baroquen Promises" for harpsichord and orchestra. http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/BaroquenPromises.mp3 Regards to everyone. Larry Alexander
Page 85 of 86 < 1 2 83 84 85 86 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning Jazz Piano need advice on timing practice.
by happyhacker
Today at 04:45 AM
CPU Urgently needed.
by JonHig
Today at 02:34 AM
I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again?
by frenebo
Today at 12:30 AM
How can I better learn jazz piano?
by Claire Davas
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Kawai Piano Models History
by McBuster
Yesterday at 08:02 PM
Forum Stats
83,491 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,363 Topics
2,520,742 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission