Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
Starts March 13 in NY!
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
136 registered (ajames, accordeur, alwatson, Almaviva, agent8698, agraffe, 26 invisible), 2483 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by BrianDX @ 02/23/17 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By malkinNow you've got me wondering if my teacher thinks of me as "elderly." In my case no; she is 10 years older than me
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin hitch pins by Rickster @ 02/23/17 08:48 AM

I wonder if any piano techs actually use the Baldwin accujust rear hitch pins to adjust the string down-bearing on the bridge? Probably not many. But it is a unique design Baldwin can claim as its own, I suppose... Rick
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By PeakskiBut there are loads of reasons why MSRP might appear too high e.g. exchange rate fluctuations, changes in demand, competition, age of the product, deliberate marketing strategy or simply th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Older Cunningham pianos by Rich Galassini @ 02/23/17 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By mc_2Originally Posted By Rich Galassini Originally Posted By Miguel ReyNo manufacture name anywhere yet a serial#? large crack horribly out of tune? You might want to move on, a lot of options out there. I agree with you Mig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Russian School of Piano Playing by Richrf @ 02/23/17 08:38 AM

A Russian trained teacher introduced me to this series several years ago. I am going back to them now on my own. I feel like my fingers and mind are unchained and being challenged by this method. For me, a far superior approach to the melody oriented
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where can I find a playable piano in Rio de Janeiro? by Rich Galassini @ 02/23/17 08:37 AM

I shipped an Estonia 190 to Rio a couple of years back. I can email that customer and ask about available piano spaces, if you like.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by bigbang @ 02/23/17 08:30 AM

Hi. I've just bought the FP90 :-) I'm testing the settings... I'll upload a video soon for a new cover. I've sold my ES8. The keyboard feeling is very good ! I've juste 2 questions for the moment : - Is there a line out level setting ? I find the s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: U1 from 1975 by Rich Galassini @ 02/23/17 08:24 AM

Huaidongxi, Beautiful responses! I totally agree with what you have said here. Just consider my contribution to this thread as a +1.
Member Recordings
POWER RANGERS NINJA STEEL - Opening Theme Song (Piano Cover by Amosdoll + Piano Tutorial) Hello to Power Rangers enthusiasts! Here is my piano cover on the new Power Rangers Ninja Steel Opening Theme Song. Enjoy this catchy tune! Piano Cover https:/
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by UnrightTooner @ 02/23/17 08:16 AM

Got Mason's book. It didn't come covered in dust, so I will have to take care of that detail myself, if need be. I am mostly interested in how the temperament is set and came across some similarities to what I am doing. Starting with a D-A 5th, (hi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Dynatone by clothearednincompo @ 02/23/17 08:09 AM

The company has been around for a long time and their products are often sold also under other brands (just like Medeli). I like the two main grand piano sounds of the recent models based on YouTube videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/dynatonecorpor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nice Video - kudos to PianoCraft by Rich Galassini @ 02/23/17 08:08 AM

Really beautifully produced video, Keith. The piano sounds good and the video was done by a reall pro. Kudos!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/23/17 08:03 AM

"Correctly", can probably be replaced by "most efficiently" and "the least prone to injuries in the future" in many cases. And it can vary from different genres. In playing a rock concert, it can be perfectly correct to
Piano Forum
i.m.o., once you get up to the studio size (45-47 in.), quality and tone can prevail over the amplitude of a taller but ordinary piano. and some studio pianos will equal or surpass mediocre full height pianos in amplitude as well. the popularity of
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by john f @ 02/23/17 07:58 AM

Nahum, I appreciate your help, however, you are way over my head. Can you explain this in layman's terms or in a simpler way.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Miguel ReyIn my search I found a dealer on the East Coast of the US selling a 212 w/ carbon fiber for 59k just a few months back. As has been discussed many times on this forum, these one-off examples usually mean there are some
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By keykeyzkeysMay I know why spinets and studios and consoles are not as popular as upright? Especially studios? Studios are cheaper and they look quite identical to Uprights. Thanks Guys They just don't sound good enough. If you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by zrtf90 @ 02/23/17 07:50 AM

There is no one correct way. The important things include good (healthy) posture that supports long periods at the instrument without injury and increases (or doesn't obstruct) facility. In the main, that means weight supported on the sit bones and f
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By PeakskiBut there are loads of reasons why MSRP might appear too high e.g. exchange rate fluctuations, changes in demand, competition, age of the product, deliberate marketing strategy or simply the manufacturer being over-optimis
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by Nahum @ 02/23/17 07:39 AM

OP touches upon the topic, called the approach chords, or just the approaches. Approach ch. always bound with following chord, which is already known ; ,so dim7 always plays the role of dominant7/b9 (without root) in relation to the next chord.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by Charles Cohen @ 02/23/17 07:38 AM

If it's the "Library of Piano Classics" (AMSCO), it has music from a wide variety of composers, Baroque through modern (one Satie, six Debussy, one Scriabin, etc). Nothing atonal. It's "intermediate" in difficulty, mostly, with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First, Learn to Practice by Tom Heany by zrtf90 @ 02/23/17 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By Wuffski...what is your opinion about your "Playing the Piano for Pleasure" book by Charles Cooke? Until I found Chang's Fundamentals it was always inspiring and much in it that I re-read. There's a lot of good value in
Piano Forum
I'm hoping this thread can get back to the original question I posted in the opening thread. Less than a handful of replies have dealt directly with my question: If the percent increase from SMP to MRSP is large compared to average or median of othe
Piano Forum
Spinets are not made anymore, and their design is compromised on many levels (tone, action, serviceability), so they are generally not recommended. Studios and consoles are shorter than "full" uprights, and they don't tend to have the sam
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by sinophilia @ 02/23/17 07:33 AM

Don't worry too much about this "collective wisdom". It's just that some people are louder and more persistent, and like to repeat the same concepts over and over. Their way is not necessarily the best way for you. Why do we always want to
Page 85 of 93 < 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 92 93 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 a worthwhile investment?
by pianano
03/01/17 02:06 PM
No discounts for Essex pianos?
by Matgab
03/01/17 01:31 PM
How often should a piano be tuned... A good video clip!
by Piano Practice
03/01/17 01:04 PM
Tips For Making People Feel That Your Performance Is Effortless?
by keykeyzkeys
03/01/17 12:30 PM
1982 Steinway L Tuning Instability
by Brock Tyler
03/01/17 12:24 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,848 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,811 Topics
2,603,142 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission