Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (36251, accordeur, ajames, Almaviva, 34 invisible), 1750 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dating a Kimball Upright Piano by Retsacnal @ 04/15/15 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By JudgesFourSo do you add a zero to the end of the number? No, sorry, I misread the number. Go with BDB's date. His source is more accurate. Your serial number is older than what shows on the page I linked to.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Palmpirate @ 04/15/15 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By BrianDX[quote=BrianDX] For folks who have gone through this level please tell me it will get easier and more intuitive. \I read that you have lots of really good replies, and I agree with them all. I think of it like this. For
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it bad to tap-in a pin? by Gadzar @ 04/15/15 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPT Also, for any specific foot orientation there is a window of 20 cents where the pitch is stable!!! I know because I've measured it. This is the kind of statements that seem unacceptable coming from a piano t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Wow, thats quite a beautifully done project. At first I thought he used an old grand and just removed the inner works, but I was amazed he built this from scratch. Congratulations Mark on a well done wood working project. When you play it in your sh
Impressive!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ 04/15/15 12:51 AM

Hi All, It is great to stumble upon this site after looking for a Faber related site that was a bit up to date. A bit of background: A couple of years ago I graduated from Alfred Adult piano book 1. I did not move on to Book 2 for a few reasons: 1
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: machine for playing in new pianos by Tuner X @ 04/15/15 12:38 AM

Playola Portable Piano Player
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by HuiChinny @ 04/15/15 12:27 AM

Thanks LarryShone! It'll be here on the 22nd of April woohoo! Really can't wait...today's my 3rd piano lesson learning on the Alfred's Basic Course Book 1. Every Wed evening...I feel so wasted I have nothing to practice on. I used my iPad which made
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Entheoan especially timely and relevant op-ed by gary trudeau regarding free expression absolutism, as follows. btw, this does not imply an elevation of VL's tweets to that of a professional satirist, just to be clear... http://
Hello chaps, I recently learned about a custom grand piano cabinet built by a VPC1 owner that really bowled me over... This impressive piece of craftsmanship was created by Mark Payne, who is the musical director of the Victoria Playhouse in Petr
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by BubbaMc @ 04/15/15 12:01 AM

I would be demanding a new unit. I recently received my MP11 back from an "authorised" technician that my dealer organised. Greasy fingerprints all over it, screws jammed into the wrong holes, and the initial problem remaining exactly the
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK6600? by ElmerJFudd @ 04/14/15 11:49 PM

It means the keyboard can send/receive MIDI - which is how you are able to play a software piano on the computer. It is responding to note on/off messages being sent from the keyboard over the USB cable. GM Compatibiilty - not horribly important f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dating a Kimball Upright Piano by BDB @ 04/14/15 11:26 PM

The piano dates from 1894.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got a Yamaha P-105...now what? by dmd @ 04/14/15 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By soundsquireI have to admit playground sessions is somewhat addicting ... I know. Those sites are fun for a while. They show you how to play some things you like and provide some accompaniment. However, as you will soon find
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Ocram @ 04/14/15 11:17 PM

Hi New RD-800 owner here still trying to come to terms with the user interface. I have been directed to this thread by the ever-helpful Marko in Boston. My question: How do I set up the RD-800 to act as a lower manual for my Hammond XK3c? I've kind
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got a Yamaha P-105...now what? by earlofmar @ 04/14/15 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By soundsquire PS: I have to admit playground sessions is somewhat addicting despite the few nits I picked. Just a word of caution regarding programs and apps and this is from personal experience. While they can be fun and no dou
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes...Though if I am not for real, someone should let my family know. It's really the only kind thing to do. Although if you are not real, perhaps neither the forum nor the rest of us are either... Not sure where o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by dmd @ 04/14/15 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By R_BThe schedule for the book 1 videos seems to "slip in real time", i.e. it is ALWAYS a couple of weeks away. This hardly inspires confidence in the book 2 and 3 text and video schedules, those will almost certainly be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: travel keyboard for classical pianists by Klavimaniac @ 04/14/15 10:59 PM

Thanks for all your tips. The Groove people apparently need an electrical engineer to complete their model. Piano rental by private people to traveling musicians is perhaps really a business model. At least here in NYC there is always a shortage of g
My experience is the same. ie: Two Dealers would not give out prices for the CA Series of piano. Even after buying a CA95, they would not release pricing on a CA97. But, like J P Morgan stated at the New York Yacht Show a hundred years ago, when a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Site by dmd @ 04/14/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By soundsquire Worst case scenario Rachel gets the second edition stuff out before I finish the first edition... "Finish" the first edition ? If you FINISH (as in ... can play any piece in the book to the authors stand
Pianist Corner
Some people have long index fingers, and will need to straighten 2 somewhat so that the whole hand doesn't rotate toward the pinky too much when playing chords (although this is mostly an arm and elbow position thing). I like Heather's big beach ball
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Little inspiration for all of you <3 by piano_friend @ 04/14/15 10:48 PM

Hiiiiiiiiii :)))) Thought this video might bring some happiness and inspiration for you guys That's my old video, but I love it, coz I am talking about an essential thing of life - dreams https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXjTYNvJ2Q Have a Great da
Jump to new posts Re: Casio WK6600? by bill5 @ 04/14/15 10:44 PM

? Came up OK for me. Anyway, I don't get this about that machine: MIDI GM Compatibility: Level1 Terminals: USB What's that mean in English? Can I record w/that or not, or what if any limitations does it have?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got a Yamaha P-105...now what? by soundsquire @ 04/14/15 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By dmdA lot depends upon how serious a student you wish to be. Without a teacher and if you wish to get some very good instruction based on classical music ... I recommend ... http://fundamentalkeys.com/ If you purchase the boo
Page 85 of 89 < 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do the Roland FA Pianos compare to the 700NX/800 Pianos?
by Lazerlike42
04/21/15 04:25 PM
Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M?
by Cerecita
04/21/15 12:27 PM
Advice about buying a 1971 5’8 Yamaha G2 sold by Story & Clark
by sbweldon
04/21/15 12:11 PM
Beethoven Sonata Op.79
by Works1
04/21/15 11:14 AM
Please help - new Steinway B
by chasingrainbows
04/21/15 10:58 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,977 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,413 Topics
2,398,304 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission