Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
119 registered (A Guy, anamnesis, anotherscott, Al LaPorte, 32 invisible), 1355 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Waltz No 7 by earlofmar @ 02/22/15 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgott If you like Chopin waltzes, one of the easier ones is the A minor posthumous one, I started the A minor waltz after eighteen months of lessons and was way to in-experienced for it. Seven months on and it is still
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: John Brimhall's Piano Method by RaggedKeyPresser @ 02/22/15 04:47 AM

At the end of Book 5, it offers you a Certificate of Merit...designed to make you feel accomplishment and signed by your teacher. It also promotes you to Book 6. I've looked around but never found any evidence of that Book 6 was ever produced. The 11
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseLang Lang was an epiphany for me when he was inroduced to me about eight years ago by a student. I had been living in India for decades and had almost no exposure to Weatern classical music apart from what I pr
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by rXd @ 02/22/15 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By rysowersIt seems like it would be plausible to do an experiment where the frequency coincidental partial in an interval (like a 4th) is filtered out. If there is still beating in the interval it would offer proof that there is be
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Upright Regulation-Touchweight by Beemer @ 02/22/15 04:22 AM

Kent and Chris, Thanks for correcting my suggestion to adjust the spoons. I should have been aware of the resulting negative issue when the sustain pedal was used. Ian
Piano Forum
Forgive me if I missed something, but there's a lot of options in between these two instruments you may want to look at too.
Adult Beginners Forum
@OP: Didn't read the whole thread, as I am short on time, but there is a video on YouTube of a boy of about 12-14 who learned it in a month with PianoMarvel and it sounded good, but I noticed some comments said he had developed some bad habits and w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Preschool boys and piano don't mix very well. by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 02/22/15 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakes Do not worry. I am in no rush to start piano lessons. He may be a sensitive and musical little thing, but that doesn't come with any particular correlation with attention span. He clearly likes it. I find him un
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: which new piano for community centre? by Withindale @ 02/22/15 04:12 AM

Try posting here if you are in the UK: http://www.piano-tuners.org/piano-forums. Check out Chinese pianos such as Feurich, Ritmuller, etc. as well as Yamaha/Kawai. Might funding run to a Cavendish piano, made in Yorkshire? It may be that some of t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by Skylover @ 02/22/15 04:07 AM

11. Peyton - On the Surface of Things - beautiful music. Thanks for sharing. 12. Anita Potter - Air in D Minor - sweet melody! thank you. 13. Riddler (Ed) - What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life - Very emotional, I liked it very much. 14. newbe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lang Lang plays Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 02/22/15 04:04 AM

Lang Lang was an epiphany for me when he was inroduced to me about eight years ago by a student. I had been living in India for decades and had almost no exposure to Weatern classical music apart from what I produced myself. When I returned to the
Jump to new posts Re: after touch question by Beemer @ 02/22/15 04:04 AM

Chris, the piano is 28 years old so I'm thinking that the springs should still be in good compression. However your comment about tipping the hammer balance now seems to be the likely reason. I have seen technicians measure hammer pivot friction us
Jump to new posts Re: after touch question by Withindale @ 02/22/15 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By Chris LeslieI would experiment with closer checking ... That's what I would do after checking what is stopping the hammer.
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - vkgoeswild Please watch me play w/ Vika's arrangement.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts thumbthumb by Gi Dy @ 02/22/15 03:51 AM

brvkgoeswild
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By kapelliTell the same exact,things you want from Jay to some Yamaha reps... Ask yamaha whether wood is now wood or still just a wooden cover... Thank you. I guess it's just that Yamaha doesn't have a representative on the foru
Tell the same exact,things you want from Jay to some Yamaha reps... Ask yamaha whether wood is now wood or still just a wooden cover... Thank you.
Pianist Corner
First of all whether we don't like his theatrics or have reservations on some of his interpretations, it is a fact that, he is not without a reason where he is now. So, bashing him all the way is not realistic or fair. OTOH, he is doing great things
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner Digital Pianos at NAMM 2015 by jefinho @ 02/22/15 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By lolatuThe outsized branding looks rather vulgar. Quality should speak for itself. Totally agree! It makes me remember this video clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYEf8XZKlUU "you can't handle a bigger logo"
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by SwissMS @ 02/22/15 03:19 AM

Some more thank you's. I appreciate the time that you all took to listen and provide helpful feedback! I am happy to have this quarterly opportunity to share music! Thank you to: Scorpio- I am glad you enjoyed the piece! Newbert - I am happy to i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent: Should I buy a 1996 Young Chang Y185? by bogdan101 @ 02/22/15 03:18 AM

Thanks, joe80; anyone else care to comment?
Jump to new posts Re: New W,N&G "flex" shank option by Grandpianoman @ 02/22/15 03:13 AM

hmmm...curious, as we are about to order a set of whippens and shanks for this Steinway AR Duo-Art....do you know if these new more flexible shanks are more in line with what the original shanks were as far as flex is concerned?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai RX-3 (2003) vs GE-30 (new) by Ivar Farup @ 02/22/15 03:06 AM

Yes, that is how I want to think, too, but I feel that I need to know for sure that the instrument has the potential of being regulated and voiced to my liking. So yesterday, I went to try the RX-3 again, as agreed with the dealer. They had tuned it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trade Up From Kawai K3 to Kawai K-800? by Almaviva @ 02/22/15 03:01 AM

You would be getting a true sostenuto pedal with the K-800. There are some piano pieces by Debussy, Ravel, Liszt, Griffes, Walton, Satie, Rachmaninoff and others in which that pedal is either required or is highly desirable. A sostenuto pedal would
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Just Substituted for a Guitar Teacher Today! by pianoman9 @ 02/22/15 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By Carlos-CRYes, asking what we do learn next is a loud warning sign for me. In my opinion if you want to teach somebody you must have a clear vision of the path ahead, not your pupils. Unless you were just asking which piece will t
Page 85 of 119 < 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 118 119 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland & Lang Lang
by bennevis
02/27/15 07:42 AM
Moving on from mistakes.
by Medden
02/27/15 04:41 AM
Ólafur Arnalds & Alice Sara Ott - The Chopin Project
by vers la flan
02/27/15 01:14 AM
Complete beginner with a few questions
by alexk3954
02/26/15 11:53 PM
Transcription Help
by J_D
02/26/15 09:43 PM
Forum Stats
78,314 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,877 Topics
2,377,342 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission