Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for inexpensive controller by David Farley @ 07/17/14 10:55 AM

Take a look at the Casio PX-5S. It will do all that and more. Other newer PXs have the same action if you don't particular like the 5S but like the feel. If you need built-in speakers, maybe the Yamaha DGX-650. These are under $1K and both good enoug
Jump to new posts Looking for inexpensive controller by PeterRT @ 07/17/14 10:41 AM

In the stickied thread "Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$" the author makes this comment Quote:the best "bang for the buck" option is to buy a cheap digital piano, or MIDI controller, with a good key action, and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A beautiful view on a true Steinwas by wimpiano @ 07/17/14 10:30 AM

As far as I know it was a D. Here a link to the falling of the piano (I posted that picture before) http://www.perssupport.nl/apssite/binari...y+stort+neerjpg
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Under Warranty??? by spanishbuddha @ 07/17/14 10:17 AM

Yes, as Morodienne says, ask the store you purchased it from to swap for a new one.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by Kawai James @ 07/17/14 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: lophiomysI'd guess it would be more a requirement for Kawai DP branch, than for me. I'm afraid I don't understand this sentence. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha finish by Rich Galassini @ 07/17/14 10:12 AM

In 1987 Yamaha was using polyester resin on ebony gloss pianos.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A beautiful view on a true Steinwas by Rich Galassini @ 07/17/14 10:11 AM

...oh no.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A beautiful view on a true Steinwas by iObsessed @ 07/17/14 10:07 AM

True meaning of "Steinwas"?? I guess?? What model was it? I wonder why couldn't they just work their way up? That would be safer...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: where to "advertise" in northern California? by MomOfBeginners @ 07/17/14 09:59 AM

I'm in Alameda, so I think my list of teachers was closer to 30 or 40. I looked for teachers with a website. I didn't look in Yelp -- opinions of others are based very much on personal style. I had some specific criteria, so the website helped nar
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by lophiomys @ 07/17/14 09:57 AM

I'd guess it would be more a requirement for Kawai DP branch, than for me. Generally speaking, would it be technically possible to replace some sounds, e.g. the Concert Grand or the Mono Pianos? Best Regards, Lo PHi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by jdw @ 07/17/14 09:50 AM

It occurs to me that this could be the best argument for keeping the "adult beginners" label, despite the fact that many aren't really beginners. It keeps the truly obnoxious people away! So this remains a friendly place for both beginner
Piano Forum
One other note (no pun intended); If you can reasonably fit a 5' 3" grand in your room, you will probably be able to fit something a bit larger (say by as much as 6 inches) in the same space. We went through the same process two months ago, an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ 07/17/14 09:45 AM

This, word for word, for me!! Originally Posted By: wimpianoReturning from a Holiday and picking up just were I left. Very happy that it didn't have too much impact. Had a wonderful holiday in France btw. Not an achievement (if anything, a dismayi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Polyphonist @ 07/17/14 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: currawongI hang out there (and in the teachers' forum). There are some really nice, generous, knowledgeable posters, but it takes a while hanging out to discover who they are, and who the others (who should be ignored) are. Actu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Good Piano stores in San Francisco Bay Arera by Almaviva @ 07/17/14 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: mautiqueMy friend is not musically inclined (has never heard of Steinway) "Not musically inclined"? Mautique, you definitely have a flair for understatement! Seriously, your friend and his wife are lucky to live
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Link between grand rim material and tone? by bkw58 @ 07/17/14 09:38 AM

In the early 1990s, Baldwin produced a similar grand piano in the Classic series that had no bracing and an atypical rim production for Baldwin, but nevertheless modest. It seemed like a smaller version of the B1 if there was such a thing, but it mus
Adult Beginners Forum
Bluebonnet - it seems like we're making similar progress. I'm at the Alpine Melody and just when I thought I was doing well for picking that one up quickly, I realized that I was supposed to use the Damper pedal. That really adds another layer to t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTLeft hand 9 to 12 on upright. Induces a positive NSL tension that must be reversed when done tuning. Untwisting and unbending (putting to bed as Isaac says) can do that, but if the NSL is short, it could be t
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Cessquill @ 07/17/14 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: BarryDMDI notice that the RD-800 is available for sale at retailers in the U.K. Does anyone know how the AC cord outlet is configured ? The cable is moulded to a mount that is screwed to the back of the board near the power soc
Jump to new posts Re: Furniture Stands for digital pianos by tnsettlemo @ 07/17/14 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: David FarleyMost school stuff is institutional grade - designed to survive being jumped on by kids. That just happened to be the first adjustable table I ran across, and since they have a lot of stuff aimed at being adjustable d
Jump to new posts Re: Furniture Stands for digital pianos by tnsettlemo @ 07/17/14 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacThis is a computer desk. The keyboard trays are properly sized for computer keyboards, not piano keyboards! Dude!! Will not be using the trays. Come on!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by neuralfirings @ 07/17/14 09:20 AM

I go between the two forums. I don't consider myself a beginner, and I sometimes feel awkward posting about a Chopin Ballade or Concerto on this forum. Yet, I don't think I'm as serious as some of the musicians on Pianist Corner. I am working on th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 1 by neuralfirings @ 07/17/14 09:17 AM

Ah! How embarrassing, of course G#--maybe I subconsciously wish it was only 6 sharps, eh?
Pianist Corner
I think it's easiest just to count 1 2 & 3. Originally Posted By: bennevis...put them together by accenting the first note of each group of notes (i.e. the ones that will be played together). Once you get it into your mind that the accented not
Adult Beginners Forum
OK, I'm determined to submit something to this recital! My plan is to try and record a fallback piece this weekend. I have 3 close to recordable but for one reason or another I am reluctant to submit any of them (1 is v similar to the piece I submitt
Page 85 of 109 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 108 109 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
147 registered (Akpianoman, Al LaPorte, Alex1, AmateurBob, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1869 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75483 Members
42 Forums
156069 Topics
2291815 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music
by bennevis
55 minutes 36 seconds ago
Hard Starting Intermediate
by frankeric
Today at 04:48 PM
And what about this one?
by leel
Today at 04:23 PM
No music rest for Roland stage pianos?
by Delphian2001
Today at 04:20 PM
Where is the new blood?
by Markarian
Today at 03:53 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission