Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
74 registered (agraffe, ando, AprilE, Albert Brighten, 22 invisible), 1677 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Weighted keys on CLP535 and CN35 by Dave Horne @ 01/17/17 11:25 AM

It best to try the action first without any sound. The touch settings can fool us into thinking the touch is lighter or heavier. It wouldn't hurt to reset the keyboard to its default setting ... a hard reset.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Concert Grand by BDB @ 01/17/17 11:25 AM

If it has a Renner action, there should not be a problem with the brackets.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to Live to Continue Teaching??? by Morodiene @ 01/17/17 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson Hi I was only providing the advice based on the experience of a former piano teacher with her HO association and having piano lessons out of her home. Every one's mileage may be different in whether there are complai
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New AB: my story... need advices from experts! by Morodiene @ 01/17/17 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By ARpianoPS. Just to understand, the piece I'm studing with the teacher are Clementi Sonatinas 1-6 and some Bach (pieces from Anna Magdalena and Little Preludes). I haven't read through all the replies yet, but as a "beginner&
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts I have the new Roland stage 800 by stimy @ 01/17/17 11:18 AM

Not sure how to set the perfect sound on on the grand piano settings is any help out there can walk me through this
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to Live to Continue Teaching??? by dogperson @ 01/17/17 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By dogpersonIf you are moving into a homeowners' association controlled environment, be sure and check the bylaws very carefully before you buy the house... some have quite strict restrictions on home
Jump to new posts Re: Weighted keys on CLP535 and CN35 by Goss @ 01/17/17 11:17 AM

Just search the forum for key weight or touchweight - plenty of stories told ^^ But basically there is an ideal/standard weight between 50 and 65 grammes (heavy) on most (grand) pianos. Any lighter and someone playing on such a light key will have t
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: [Video] Liszt - Gnomenreigen by Lafi @ 01/17/17 11:14 AM

Thank you!! I appreciate it very much:))
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Pianist685I do speak French and can translate this. It says: "Discovery of an unpublished portrait photograph which very likely shows Chopin (1810-1849). Big surprise and emotion among the classical piano world! An unpubli
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano talk Telegram Group by BruceD @ 01/17/17 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By PlowboyI'm so old, I actually sent a telegram once through Western Union. The gentleman who took my telegram was as much of an anachronism then as I am now. He had it all, visor, those things that hold your sleeves up, the whole
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to Live to Continue Teaching??? by Morodiene @ 01/17/17 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By dogpersonIf you are moving into a homeowners' association controlled environment, be sure and check the bylaws very carefully before you buy the house... some have quite strict restrictions on home businesses, and multiple cars
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Interesting Buzz by Maximillyan @ 01/17/17 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By rysowersthanks for your video,rysowers It's funny that it's no (B0) At a distance of 2 octaves it's (A0) where the lost brass have sounding rattle
Originally Posted By RickardNiI've tried to read some on piano software and modelling, but have some questions which I can't really find an easy answer to: 1. It seems that Pianoteq is really popular on this forum. There seems to be other alternativ
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to Live to Continue Teaching??? by dogperson @ 01/17/17 11:01 AM

If you are moving into a homeowners' association controlled environment, be sure and check the bylaws very carefully before you buy the house... some have quite strict restrictions on home businesses, and multiple cars .... And the HO group is not
Piano Forum
It Likely needs new pins, bass strings and either new hammers or a good voicing.
Piano Forum
I agree with Goss that no one who hasn't examined the piano, preferably a technician, can give you any idea of the cost to "renovate" this piano. I would also take with a grain of salt any seller who says that a technician says... etc. Thi
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Pianists Planning a Holiday in Paris? by Polytrops @ 01/17/17 10:56 AM

If you are fed up with hotels and planning a special holiday in Paris or some concert tour in the French capital and want to be able to play on a great piano, this is for you! We are pleased to propose a rental of our beautiful flat with a wonderful
Jump to new posts Weighted keys on CLP535 and CN35 by Ammar956 @ 01/17/17 10:52 AM

So I'm either getting a Yamaha clp535 or a kawai cn35 (will be looking at cn37 when it's released too). Was looking at the Casio AP700 but no shop around here seems to have one I can try out. I've tried them both out and like them both but I feel the
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is Pianoteq? by G-now-p-man @ 01/17/17 10:49 AM

I have to say I find the 1st Rachmaninoff Grotrian sample on the Pianoteq site breathtaking, I think I've just found a new long term goal ...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to Live to Continue Teaching??? by Peter K. Mose @ 01/17/17 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By missbelleAlso, wherever you go, get to know your neighbors, and be the nicest neighbor they could ask for! They will be much more forgiving if an issue were to come up (noise, parking, whatever) if they like you! Superb advi
Adult Beginners Forum
Why don't you work through those pieces you really want to play very slowly i.e. one to five measures a week or fortnight, depending on the difficulty of them for you. Then, when you encounter a technical problem, have your teacher help you find a
Adult Beginners Forum
Another thought on this .... The approach I would suggest is to let your playing do your talking for you on this issue. Try to stop "wishing" you can move to more interesting pieces and start performing at a high level on the pieces you a
Adult Beginners Forum
ARpiano, consider this: If 3 years ago you hadn't just started with theory only, but with actual lessons, and stuck with them, then today you would be a 3 year intermediate player, not a total beginner! Wouldn't that be nice? Now, ask yourself: Whe
Pianist Corner
The features remind me of Hugh Grant, who played Chopin in the movie Impromptu. Hmmm.
Jump to new posts Re: How far can technology go on digital piano by Doug M. @ 01/17/17 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By TimpskieI was just wondering, I'm rather new at piano playing and own a digital piano. (Kawai CA17) and think this is a very good alternative to an accoustic upright for me. In fact, it this point I woudn't consider an accoustic
Page 85 of 102 < 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 101 102 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
24 bit midi resolution
by Bachus
01/23/17 01:24 AM
The end of our piano search
by Pneuma
01/23/17 12:53 AM
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
Bösendorfer CEUS discontinued?
by Corvus
01/22/17 08:49 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,957 Topics
2,591,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission