Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by faulty_Damper @ 07/23/14 10:51 AM

You don't know for certain anyone genuinely wants to improve. Even if they ask for help, that doesn't mean that they want it, like a homeless person asking for help and not handouts. In this case, it's clearly a mindset/paradigm issue. She's alrea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Beacon Chris @ 07/23/14 10:50 AM

I can only speak as a classical guy, but the big change I've seen is with commercially recorded music. Now that everything is shared on youtube, there's absolutely no reason to buy recorded music (I'm not saying this is right - it's just the way it
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by AndresD @ 07/23/14 10:49 AM

BTW, I'm fully recovered from my DeQuervains, and now do a lot of stretching exercises to try and stay that way.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magical moment by PhilipInChina @ 07/23/14 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoAhh come on Philip.. www.tinypic.com
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by AndresD @ 07/23/14 10:49 AM

Thanks everybody, I'm gonna start looking for a new teacher, and I'll try a few lessons before switching, it is very interesting to see professional's so involved on their craft. Another related question: If you are in the US, how would you know if
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/23/14 10:46 AM

OLEK, Adequate experience has now been achieved regarding hard bridge pins. The jury has found a verdict of "guilty of metallic tone". Too much making of "illegal" L-modes. Hard bridge pins make the musical art a "public nois
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Saranoya @ 07/23/14 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Lester BurnhamIt takes two or more to tango -- people don't argue in a vacuum You're right, they don't. I've never hidden the fact that I like a good debate (or even a not-so-good one that has the potential to improve). I parti
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by MikeN @ 07/23/14 10:46 AM

*sigh* So many things come into play. So many that it seems almost impossible to articulate it all. First off, one needs an excellently developed mechanism, at least if they are going to play the large scale masterworks. If one doesn't have true ph
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magical moment by PhilipInChina @ 07/23/14 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyCan I make a phone call on my Pentax? If you wish to, by all means.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magical moment by wimpiano @ 07/23/14 10:44 AM

Ahh come on Philip.. www.tinypic.com
Originally Posted By: David JensonHmmmmm. I use the "traditional" method and my wire seems to be very happy with no weeping or wailing that I can hear. There's a slight chance that I'm a bit insensitive. In the future I'll have to take a li
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Magical moment by PhilipInChina @ 07/23/14 10:43 AM

I got the photos onto my computer here and even followed the instructions to upload them to the gallery. Unfortunately they are too big and I am insufficiently interested to pursue the matter any farther.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by the nosy ape @ 07/23/14 10:41 AM

In my experience, most amateurs do not have a good understanding of the musical structure of a piece. For example, when taking a repeat it should never sound the same as when it was played the first time. How it is varied is a matter of interpretat
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/23/14 10:36 AM

BDB is in general correct that workmanship and organization will trump materials-however science properly applied is the only way to improve on the past state of the art.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering what to play by keystring @ 07/23/14 10:32 AM

ZeroZero, what you describe as "classical" is the way I was taught not to do it (for classical), but also that many students do work that way. Starting at the beginning, working on the first phrase, then the second, then the third, and ev
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/23/14 10:31 AM

Ask them if they have experience with Hybrid Wire Scales and LightHammer Tone Regulation.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by FarmGirl @ 07/23/14 10:30 AM

I have started liking PC more in the recent months. I used not liking to be out there. I don't know exactly what happened. Probably I grew thick skin since I started hanging around with advanced players in my real life. I actually find many of tho
Jump to new posts Re: Partial strength - hammer voicing or soundboard ? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/23/14 10:28 AM

With wound strings, there are significant differences from string to string in spectrum balance. Plus longitudinal modes can act out in this area. But the hammer is about half the game.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering what to play by ZeroZero @ 07/23/14 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: earlofmar However this year I started doing something called the "40 Piece Challenge" which might be of use to you. As well as learning your normal pieces you try to learn as many small simple pieces as possible. I use
Jump to new posts Re: Join the false-beat revolution: get your wires straight!!! by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 07/23/14 10:24 AM

I certainly hope this thread does not devolve into a comparison of professional "genitalia". I really do not give a dam about a long winded polemic regarding respective Curriculum Vitae. Back to topic, I do find that string leveling by wor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Apology to Rich Galassini & Cunningham Music by Beacon Chris @ 07/23/14 10:24 AM

KurtZ, That sounds like a description for some of my... not so subtle poetry... you know, the ones in didactic pentameter? Hey Turandot...nice to see you, man. I'm back at Blossom Festival with Cleveland Orchestra in four weeks! (the previous sen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: grand care by Minnesota Marty @ 07/23/14 10:23 AM

I've learned to never play in wet swimming trunks. After all, that little fold out stick, on the lid prop, is designed for drying swimming suits.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by phacke @ 07/23/14 10:21 AM

could be Country Piano, in that area... http://www.countrypiano.com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help for Newbie by DancerJ @ 07/23/14 10:18 AM

I am not only completely new to buying a piano, but also to playing the piano. Long story short, I finally want to do something about my dream to learn how to play the piano. Since I am good at learning something new on my own, I want to start to lea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by Minnesota Marty @ 07/23/14 10:18 AM

Mr. Galassini - Do you have any info on this?
Page 85 of 133 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 132 133 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
84 registered (AndrewJCW, Austin D, AndreiN, Atrys, Anticlock, 23 invisible), 1197 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75553 Members
42 Forums
156219 Topics
2294251 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear!
by Kuanpiano
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Finger "Tapes": Purpose?
by CleverName
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Accessories needed for grand pianos.
by Stevio55
Yesterday at 08:31 PM
Schulze Pollmann 113e Moderno detail information?
by pdxfz1
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
Will starting on unweighted keys cause problems later on?
by Alex1
Yesterday at 05:43 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission