Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (accordeur, AndrewJCW, beeboss, Amosdoll, 37 invisible), 1319 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Using pedal and leg issues by Johan B @ 01/31/16 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By f3rOriginally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Johan BHi there, Anybody who also know this....... When I played my previous yamaha clp 320 I had problems at my leg during much using the right pedal.......pain on the tibia
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Waltz Op. 64 no. 2 (recital) by SiFi @ 01/31/16 05:22 PM

I'll leave comments on the performance to others, but just wanted to say well done on getting up there and baring your soul on stage. I hope it was a positive experience for you and that you get some helpful feedback. PS, Do you have a good teacher
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
probably.. The false soundboard was sometimes only partially over the strings, leaving the treble uncovered. I Think it had to do mostly with getting the low and tenor ranges to blend. Just an impression.. There is no written article of the time t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Nordomus @ 01/31/16 05:22 PM

Yea uneven keyboard got to me too, but it doesn't matter much except for asthetics. About "clicking" I have some on middle E mostly, I'll probably call support to resolve this, but other than that it is much better keyboard than last one an
Pianist Corner
This is very impressive, but I can see one potential downside: The mental energy it takes to keep two patterns going at once could distract from the point of Hanon in general: developing evenness. Hanon made them mindless so you could really conce
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Doing Recording vs Live Performance by SiFi @ 01/31/16 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By laguna_gregDon't beat yourself up about that. The burned hand is always the best teacher, most unfortunately. The first time I ever put together a demo tape in a studio was THE WORST experience I've ever had recording anything.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Hendrik42In Europe, they put "penalty taxes" on solar panels from China, two, three years ago. As a result, prices rose and a lot of companies who installed solar panels went out of business. It is not as simple as th
Originally Posted By stamkorgI am on the way to replace my system. With a new pc and a better processor, I am sure to be able to avoid these dropouts at 64 samples. Now, the question is should I try to obtain 32 samples? But then, the cost will be hi
Originally Posted By MacMacMacI think this is being beaten to death, don't you? Maybe for people with more than 4000 posts but not for somebody with 157. Take a chill pill.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pathetique tremolo - Valentina Listitsa hand position by dolce sfogato @ 01/31/16 05:00 PM

bad technique, bad performance, bad bad bad
Adult Beginners Forum
Assuming that you were able to play the original versions of Für Elise and Comptine d'un autre été reasonably well, you might be able to try these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxs3np5oJo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRO05WcNDk https:/
Piano Forum
In Europe, they put "penalty taxes" on solar panels from China, two, three years ago. As a result, prices rose and a lot of companies who installed solar panels went out of business. So I wonder how much a "normal" piano store ne
Piano Forum
Come to think of it, tariffs in the U.S. on Chinese pianos might have only a negligible impact on the Chinese piano industry. It's largely a domestic industry, and they are a net importer of pianos. Relatively few leave China for the U.S. U.S. pian
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By laguna_gregOriginally Posted By Carey Impressive !! But what did those two students achieve in music after that? Well, the boy made a concert tour of Eastern Europe when he was 13, with the Mussorgksy Pictures being his call
Adult Beginners Forum
Was gonna do a better recording tonight. But I been painting. And I discover Im allergic to paint, though it has no smell. . . Guess which room I painted . . .
Piano Forum
Quote:Yes, that is indeed the case. When politics (or religion) are mentioned here on PW, things spiral out of control when those who feel deeply and emotionally about their thoughts and beliefs chime in, and it is contrary to the ideology of others;
Piano Forum
It is an uneven playing field, but you must do the calculation properly. The 17.5% VAT and the 4.7% sales tax apply to all brands of pianos. There is less tax in Colorado than China, but the amount of tax does not affect which brand to buy, althoug
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $17,800 for a 2000 Estonia L190... Too much?? by Mark... @ 01/31/16 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By Dre3030Mark, Did you not like the Estonia piano? No it had some issues with metallic overtones that could never get resolved.
Jump to new posts Re: Synchronizing Dip, Aftertouch and Blow by Gene Nelson @ 01/31/16 04:37 PM

I have always found that level keys and consistent dip are a good place to start. then after let off and drop are close enough and jack knuckle alignment are close enough, fine tuning the aftertouch by either changing blow distance or key dip is good
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello, Sorry if I post on the wrong place or ask about an already existing thread. This is my first post on this website. I'm a self taught - beginner pianist who is looking for a new piece to play. I have been playing since march this year and I h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: ABRSM Repertoire? by fatar760 @ 01/31/16 04:26 PM

Haha maybe.... Although their previous teacher was a male from Poland and she was a ten year old girl from Barbados...not really sure why they'd be looking for a new teacher if they had a nice 'deal' with their current one! Plus, must repeat, that
Adult Beginners Forum
With any book of tips, take what you find useful and leave the rest. What can be generalised to a lot of people won't work for everyone. Ha ha, when you get used to swinging your eighth notes, it can be tricky to not want to swing your notes due to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: ABRSM Repertoire? by bennevis @ 01/31/16 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By fatar760 I have no idea! I'd liked to have found out. It's not unknown for students to ask/cajole/bribe others to do music exams on their behalf . After all, the examiner has no idea what you look like.........
Jump to new posts any prepared piano experience? by Gene Nelson @ 01/31/16 04:22 PM

Any concert techs out there ever work with a group called "Igudesman & Joo" thx for any feedback if you have.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: ABRSM Repertoire? by fatar760 @ 01/31/16 04:18 PM

I have no idea! I'd liked to have found out.
Page 85 of 95 < 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 94 95 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
hunidifier system
by andyvn579
02/06/16 08:37 PM
HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM
by PocatelloAVS
02/06/16 05:10 PM
Speaking of Estonia ...
by BruceD
02/06/16 02:15 PM
What is the piece starting at 7:18?
by pianoloverus
02/06/16 01:41 PM
Really? Just a short story about a beginner
by missbelle
02/06/16 01:26 PM
Forum Stats
82,503 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,314 Topics
2,492,916 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission