Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by Minnesota Marty @ 04/13/14 10:01 PM

I hope that Rich stops by tomorrow to tell us all about the recital!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by JoelW @ 04/13/14 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: phantomFive I'd really be interested in why you think this. I don't just "think" it; it's a fact. A person cannot process as much information coming from an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by Atrys @ 04/13/14 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive Right right, so how do you know this fact? A 2xx-level psychology course that I took last year.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A tribute to pianist, Ilana Vered by music32 @ 04/13/14 09:50 PM

love her phrasing, nuance.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Printed books included in CA65/CA95 by Kawai James @ 04/13/14 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: khopinThanks for the information James, what could you say for South America market? It is expected to be same as US? According to the information I have here, instruments sold in the South American market feature the classic e
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A tribute to pianist, Ilana Vered by music32 @ 04/13/14 09:49 PM

yes indeed to all.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: In what context are dim 7th chords usually played? by Piano Doug @ 04/13/14 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: catersIt is usually played in the subdominant chord where a minor(or dominant) 7th would be played in the dominant chord This is indecipherable. What does it mean? That a diminished seventh chord is played "inside"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by phantomFive @ 04/13/14 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: AtrysOriginally Posted By: phantomFive I'd really be interested in why you think this. I don't just "think" it; it's a fact. A person cannot process as much information coming from and going to their non-dominant han
Jump to new posts Re: Any recommendations on a keyboard? by Dan Clark @ 04/13/14 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: Dan Clark p.s. There are better DP's out there, but the cost is much higher. For example, my Kawai MP11 should be here next Monday. The keyboard uses the Kawai Grand Feel keys, which supposed to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by JoelW @ 04/13/14 09:33 PM

FSO, we all know what we mean by handedness and you know it.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Mark_CAdd me to the "Really?" Well, I like to call myself a 'nice guy', but then my friends say 'really' ?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by Atrys @ 04/13/14 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: FSObut to come to the conclusion that science can tell the truth of any matter is short-sighted and, frankly, as ignorant, though not as unintelligent, as understanding nothing at all What? No one here is claiming that science
Jump to new posts Re: I just ordered an MP11 from Kraft Music by Dan Clark @ 04/13/14 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: PianoZacCongrats Dan! Definitely let us know. I'm tempted to pick up an MP11 or RD800 as a silent practice tool. I have no way of playing one though here in Nashville...surprisingly, The local Kawai dealer doesn't stock it but t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by FSO @ 04/13/14 09:21 PM

I agree with everything you said, Atrys. Unfortunately, ignorance is endemic and unavoidable. If one were to operate as if ignorance was something to be deplored one would be deluding oneself as to one's own ignorance. Um...the technical definition o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This coming Sunday - 3 pm - a really cool event by Rickster @ 04/13/14 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: bkw58In a professional forum almost anything can be construed as advertising. I do not know how the moderators make a determination. Generally in the Fourth Estate if a business or advertiser has a newsworthy story or event, it
Pianist Corner
Full diminished chords are used as tension (dissonance) that must be resolved (usually). Classically speaking, it is used to lead up a half step. For instance, in the key of C, a B full Dim (B D F G#) leading to C. You will notice that it shares t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingernail length and how it affects your playing. by noobpianist90 @ 04/13/14 09:09 PM

Well, I play guitar as well, so the nails on my right hand are a little longer than the skin of my fingers. It doesn't affect my piano playing at all. I don't cut them anymore. I file my nails once every 2 or 3 days. This allows me to maintain the le
Adult Beginners Forum
As an acoustic guitar twangger I always have had cropped left hand nails and fairly long nails of the right hand. Probably first thing to go when I took up piano was my long nails....second thing to go was playing guitar.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Theory Test by earlofmar @ 04/13/14 09:03 PM

Thanks for the info adultpianist.
Jump to new posts Re: Printed books included in CA65/CA95 by khopin @ 04/13/14 09:03 PM

Thanks for the information James, what could you say for South America market? It is expected to be same as US? I think this material is very valuable for all classical piano students.
Adult Beginners Forum
My fingers are very slightly clubbed (i.e., my fingernails aren't straight but start to curve downward with the tip of my fingers). Doctors have told me that it's related to various autoimmune issues I'm dealing with, but the practical effect for me
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve Sight reading by hreichgott @ 04/13/14 08:56 PM

Frequent reading at a level that is currently easy for the student to sight-read. This will probably be substantially easier than her repertoire playing level.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 04/13/14 08:54 PM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by Atrys @ 04/13/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: FSOWhat does handedness mean to you then, Atrys? It means to me what the definition of handedness says. Originally Posted By: FSO It doesn't matter what the technical definition is, people's opinions *of* that definition will v
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Kawai James @ 04/13/14 08:51 PM

Thank you for the confirmation Jay. I wonder why the power inlet was changed on the RD-800? James x
Page 85 of 129 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 128 129 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
87 registered (anotherscott, bennevis, angelsong, 36251, 19 invisible), 1305 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153539 Topics
2250142 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Requests?
by kent2012
9 minutes 19 seconds ago
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
Today at 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission