Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: paganini variations composed by Hamelin by beet31425 @ 09/10/14 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: DamonOriginally Posted By: beet31425Anybody want to comment on the variation at 3:50? I don't know what you're looking for us to find but I did notice that he borrowed a couple of lines from the Brahms. That's not what's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts A Beginner's Journey with Playing Piano by Zergling @ 09/10/14 10:29 PM

Initial plan was to let my daughter learn play piano. So we bought a Kawai ES100 digital piano and started the journey. Along the way my passion on this exploded. So we bought a new Kawai K-800 (love this!) Right now my daughter and I are learning pi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different expectations, is it time for a change? by Morodiene @ 09/10/14 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: chasingrainbowsMorodiene, I don't think we can compare the practice time you/I require now to that of a youngster who has been playing for 6 years. I required or desired several hours a day practice as a youngster. Now, 30+ year
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: large fingers playing up the action by Derulux @ 09/10/14 10:22 PM

I've never actually met someone with fingers so thick they couldn't fit between the keys.. there must be some real gorilla paws out there for this to be so incredibly common.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of counting out loud.... by Stubbie @ 09/10/14 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoWhen you count, you need to let the count establish the beat, not the other way around. Imagine that you are playing without counting, and that your rhythm is uneven. So you decide you need to count. What happens so
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: paganini variations composed by Hamelin by Damon @ 09/10/14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: beet31425Anybody want to comment on the variation at 3:50? I don't know what you're looking for us to find but I did notice that he borrowed a couple of lines from the Brahms. edit; and at 7:10 is variation of the famous R
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: double notes: help! by Derulux @ 09/10/14 10:17 PM

Can you post a video of you trying to do this?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by Jonathan Baker @ 09/10/14 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary D.The problem with most systems is that they assume the order in which we learn lines and spaces is the same order (and logic) we use to remember the names of keys. Recently I have put extra focus on having two beginners f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 other pianos I tried today by aesop @ 09/10/14 10:07 PM

The character of Wilh. seems quite different from Schimmel Konzert and Petrof...perhaps not so "nice" as those. Anyway you should try one, and I think it's not difficult for you to judge if it is the sound you like. Wish you good luck.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of counting out loud.... by Stubbie @ 09/10/14 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 255IMHO, use the metronome to get the beat and play with it for some minutes; when you've got the hang of it, shut it down, and play without it and without counting not even in mind. If you want to use your voice, sing the notes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First real RPT tuning experience today by fizikisto @ 09/10/14 10:05 PM

I'm always fascinated to watch a pro tuner go to work. I've seen my parent's piano tuned by a tech with a tuning strobe, by an old school tech who only used tuning forks, and techs who used a combination thereof. However it's done, every time I see
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway or Porsche? by Almaviva @ 09/10/14 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: pteckOriginally Posted By: AlmavivaHow does the Porsche-designed Bosie compare with the Audi-designed Bosie? Practically identical as they both fall under the Volkswagen group and would share parts anyways. LOL
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of counting out loud.... by fizikisto @ 09/10/14 09:58 PM

When you count, you need to let the count establish the beat, not the other way around. Imagine that you are playing without counting, and that your rhythm is uneven. So you decide you need to count. What happens sometimes, especially with beginn
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2 other pianos I tried today by aesop @ 09/10/14 09:54 PM

I consider Wilh.Steinberg IQ as great pianos. By now I haven't got a chance to try one, but their sounds are very decent, magnificent, and forceful. They have similarities with other German makes, but also possess a distinctive character, which I'm q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Information on Hoepfner Pianos... by Piano_Brazil @ 09/10/14 09:49 PM

Adding a comment to this post to offer an opportunity to those that didn't read this wonderful history of an old piano factory from Germany, HOEPFNER PIANOS.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Langlois and Sons piano by PhilipInChina @ 09/10/14 09:36 PM

I thought I would just add a comment to this old thread to bring it to the surface again. I found it in the haunted wing of the archives.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to practice? by 8 Octaves @ 09/10/14 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottYou don't have to be Glenn Gould to be a piano major (or a professional pianist). True enough; nor do you need to be a Sergey Brin to major in math and computer science or Neil deGrasse Tyson to major in astronomy.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: paganini variations composed by Hamelin by beet31425 @ 09/10/14 09:34 PM

Anybody want to comment on the variation at 3:50? -J
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of counting out loud.... by Mike407 @ 09/10/14 09:29 PM

I have to practice counting aloud off the piano. Otherwise, I sort of semi whisper. Once I'm confident in my counting, a stronger voice comes out. It seems to be a lack of confidence issue in my case. Maybe yours too?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different expectations, is it time for a change? by chasingrainbows @ 09/10/14 09:22 PM

Morodiene, I don't think we can compare the practice time you/I require now to that of a youngster who has been playing for 6 years. I required or desired several hours a day practice as a youngster. Now, 30+ years later, and thousands of practice ho
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A shank untraveled: the end. by Ed Foote @ 09/10/14 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TunewerkOriginally Posted By: A443I choose to start from the beginning: I reset the action rails (i.e., I don't use whatever is there). I believe that if one want to get the most out of whatever parts are being used, one must ha
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano suitable for a classical pianist. by Starboard @ 09/10/14 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: maurusI admit that I struggle with software instruments as a pianist since I find the remaining latency of about 4-5ms still noticeable and destroying the immediacy of the touch. I'd like to poke at this statement a little bit.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drop action problem by SMHaley @ 09/10/14 09:11 PM

Can you give a bit more info? Are you saying a note randomly doesn't play?
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano suitable for a classical pianist. by Kawai James @ 09/10/14 09:02 PM

Regarding the VPC1 + Pianoteq suggestion, this combination is proving to be rather popular among classically-trained pianists. Wim Lassche's Youtube channel provides an excellent example of the standard of music that can be achieved using such a set
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-300NX - Onboard Recording? by Kawai James @ 09/10/14 08:56 PM

howard24u, is there a reason why you're restricting yourself to Roland instruments?
Page 85 of 93 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 92 93 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Questions for those that use dremel for hammer shaping.
by UnrightTooner
09/17/14 07:29 AM
Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano
by wildpig
09/16/14 11:57 PM
Baldwin Hamilton 1941
by JMN12
09/16/14 11:13 PM
Tucson, AZ: Is Arizona Room a bad place for a piano?
by Paul678
09/16/14 08:14 PM
Kissin plays...
by JoelW
09/16/14 07:33 PM
Who's Online
77 registered (ando, Alex75001, BarryR, barbaram, 25 invisible), 1004 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76224 Members
42 Forums
157574 Topics
2314573 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission