Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (Alsenkiat, 36251, Albert Brighten, accordeur, 32 invisible), 1511 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland f130r volume level for grand piano. by Morodiene @ 06/30/15 11:14 PM

Loudness is perception, which is hard to measure as it varies from person to person. Generally, you should turn your DP up to about 80% of the volume. However, that may not get you to where you want to be. You may want to consider investing in monito
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by Eric NYC @ 06/30/15 11:08 PM

88keys: Thanks. I'll probably get the Airturn.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question About Fingering/Technique by newbert @ 06/30/15 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Newbert, is that chord held for the e and d? Yes, the chord of F-A-B is held for the e and d. Thanks to all for your responses so far.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have I Moved to the Dark Side? by lunobili @ 06/30/15 11:02 PM

Thanks everybody for your answers. Musicdude, apologies for having drawn the thread off-topic, I appreciate that you are not taking it bad. Sounds like there is consensus on the benefit of having the student trying something new on the spot. Next
Adult Beginners Forum
I don't think having a good teacher is the only way to change one's self-image. It seems to me there are a lot of ways to recognize negative thoughts and processes. Just listening to your "self-talk" - it can be surprising how much we beat
A very complicated subject. You are comparing the energy that comes out of a piano with that which comes out of the loudspeaker. That depends on the coupling between the soundboard and strings of the piano and the air in the piano, and the coupling b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts looking for an orchestra to play with by MiguelSousa @ 06/30/15 10:38 PM

Hello Usually the way we get to play with an orchestra is through winning a competition. But with so many orchestras and different types (professional, community), I was wondering if we,soloists, could approach an orchestra and ask about a possible
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 06/30/15 10:32 PM

Nobody intended jazz to sound fuzzy but the hiss on the early recordings has made the "sizzler" cymbal a sometimes desired addition in the jazz setting. Nobody intended for the electric guitar to have a clipped and distorted sound but when
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by piano_primo_1 @ 06/30/15 10:27 PM

I am reading a book on psychological cybernetics. Which is the theory of goal oriented results, within the frame set of a held “self image”. The premise in so many words is that, if one has a negative or narrow self image one can’t achieve b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by LXXXVIIIdentes @ 06/30/15 10:26 PM

i use the Airturn - expensive, but it works. You can go back and forth on page turns readily. It is silent. I use it with a Windows 8 tablet, and have had it for over two years now, using it almost daily. At times, the tablet "loses" the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by BrianDX @ 06/30/15 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By gingko2(Gotta admit the pieces aren't very lengthy.) Remember, length is not that important (otherwise half of my pieces would not count, being under a minute). I do not count "exercise pieces", as in my mind these re
Pianist Corner
I usually store mine on bookshelves. Oversized music is on a separate shelf.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Piano teacher in NJ by ezpiano.org @ 06/30/15 10:13 PM

I have a student moving from California to NJ, either New Brunswick (zip code 08901) which they will live and Middletown (zip code 07748) where her father will work. If you are a piano teacher in these two areas and looking for new transfer student,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How Do You Store/Organize Your Sheet Music by Opus 1 Music @ 06/30/15 09:59 PM

Hey Everyone, how do you make your sheet music collection look nice on a shelf. Mine curve and bend and look like a mess. Looking for a better way to organize. Any thoughts? And million dollar question - what about the oversized crumb scores!?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by gingko2 @ 06/30/15 09:51 PM

Hi Anne, Nice idea for the badge, if your husband is willing! Please update me. Almost 20! It didn't seem possible at the beginning of the year. (Gotta admit the pieces aren't very lengthy.) 1. Bartok: Rogue’s Song 2. Bartok: Wedding Dance 3.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland f130r volume level for grand piano. by Michiyo-Fir @ 06/30/15 09:43 PM

Hmm this is interesting. I find I have to turn the volume up to 80-85% with headphones on my N1 and 90-95% through the built in speakers to match the level of sound I'm used to from our grand. Since I don't really understand the watts unit in terms
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question About Fingering/Technique by Isabelle1949 @ 06/30/15 09:37 PM

Newbert, is that chord held for the e and d?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585 by Michiyo-Fir @ 06/30/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By kapelliBut I think that I the Boesendorfer is the really spot on in today's market in regards to sound accuracy. Of Course, Roland has its advantage with SN engine, but, still, I found the Boesendorfer the most enjoyable to play
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question About Fingering/Technique by rocket88 @ 06/30/15 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By newbertI'm starting to get into basic jazz (from sheet music) and sometimes come across a chord in the middle of a phrase that puts a strain on one of my hands. I've always been taught "one finger per key" but now I'm
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP8 recording by Charles Cohen @ 06/30/15 09:13 PM

There's another way to handle recording the MP8: . . . Buy a digital recorder with a stereo "Line In" jack, . . . and record the audio signal from the stereo "Line Out" jacks of the MP-8. A Zoom H1 should be more than adequate.
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DonZon @ 06/30/15 09:11 PM

I have a Roland Fp4 that's Midi'ed to my Kronos 61. It has a solid well built feel to it and the touch is indeed light, but it still has a nice weight to it. It's perfect for playing ep's, ap's and pads and strings. I don't use the sounds on the
Jump to new posts Re: Good Sound/Reliability/Action (no bells or whistles) by Charles Cohen @ 06/30/15 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By NoonieWell, I start pricing out the Casio px150 and a shop is having a Canada Day sale, and it just started...so I scooped one up for C$450 including stand. At that price, even if I outgrow it, a fine deal that will be a big ste
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter me by Opus 1 Music @ 06/30/15 09:02 PM

Thank You! I really need to be on here a little more. Lots of good things I missed!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland f130r volume level for grand piano. by Charles Cohen @ 06/30/15 08:46 PM

A grand piano makes a _lot_ of sound! Digital pianos that try to match the volume of a grand piano have rather powerful amplifiers: Piano . . . . . . . . . . . Total output power ______ Roland V-Piano Grand: . . 240 watts Yamaha Avant Grand
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question About Fingering/Technique by Greener @ 06/30/15 08:43 PM

I will often play the A,B together with the thumb for a G9 in a different RH inversion when lowest RH note is the A. I'm not sure I understand the difficulty you are encountering or why. However, the only time I have ever straddled two notes together
Page 90 of 94 < 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Relative beginner taking Jazz lessons needs advise
by Gumbysgroove
45 minutes 45 seconds ago
Those with Roland KSC-44 stands (for FP4, FP7, etc)
by DeadPoets
Today at 11:45 AM
Cory Hall (BachScholar) appears to be in legal trouble!
by schubert960
Today at 10:05 AM
If anybody still needs studio monitors
by Cue Zephyr
Today at 05:59 AM
Keeping track of students' motivation
by Arghhh
Today at 02:56 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,904 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,359 Topics
2,424,819 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission