Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
80 registered (AndyP, Allar A, Auver, AZNpiano, 20 invisible), 1210 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: KenRaf42Thank you. I did hear the same explanation from my local technicians. Also I know that it might be consider a desirable phenomena, however I is not too much. I went to a showroom and Listen to a few other pianos in showr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Monica K. @ 01/23/15 04:21 PM

Oh, I'm jealous. I wonder what he'll play?! And what will the opera be singing???? We need a full report from somebody who goes to that concert! The Einaudi facebook page recently posted some exciting news: There's a full-length documentary film
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by lophiomys @ 01/23/15 04:19 PM

more like predetermined or designed breaking point (kudos to dict.cc)
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball grand - plastic tops on damper heads? by SMHaley @ 01/23/15 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Colin DunnThe tops are glossy, but they appear to be a layer of a different material than the remainder of the damper head. That is why I thought they were plastic pieces. To me, it didn't look like a finish layer. Yes, dampe
Thank you. I did hear the same explanation from my local technicians. Also I know that it might be consider a desirable phenomena, however I is not too much. I went to a showroom and Listen to a few other pianos in showroom such as Schimmel with same
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by Monica K. @ 01/23/15 04:16 PM

Carlos: Dietro L'encanto vs. Fairytale?!? That's a tough choice, and they're almost polar opposite in tone: Edgy and ominous vs. sweet and delicate. I'll be happy to hear whichever one, but only if you promise to work the other one up for a later
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Superfluous One Month to Recital Thread by Monica K. @ 01/23/15 04:14 PM

Anita, if you can swing it, look into the Zoom digital recorders. Super easy to use, very good sound for the money, and not that expensive; the H2 is only about a hundred bucks. And, yes, the recital software normalizes all tracks before making t
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Sinclairgsport @ 01/23/15 04:14 PM

I don't know what all u guys want from the mp7. Next you will want wings so it can fly. You bought a stage piano, play it. It is not a sampler, has no sample ram nor other expandability, u knew this when u bought it. If u want a board to really mass
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA series? by TonyB @ 01/23/15 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: jtsnOriginally Posted By: lolatu [*] Instead of 2 x 6.35 mm headphones sockets, one of them is replaced by a 3.5 mm socket [*] Line In changed from 2 x 6.35 mm to 1 x 3.5 mm stereo. We have nice term for this: "Sollbruchste
Fascinating. If muting the treble unison also mutes the harmonic resonance then its less likely to be a bass damper, although I completely agree with Jim and his assessment as being the first place to look. Damper leaking can cause all kinds of wei
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Key Length by malchik @ 01/23/15 03:57 PM

I think he means that, since the portion of white key that is between the sharps is not playable to him, additional length in that area is not useful.
Jump to new posts Re: Digitals that rival grands? by pspicer @ 01/23/15 03:53 PM

D, started reading your Hive document. Very interesting. On the software side similar challenges exist. We use the Actor model (isolated distributed multi threaded processes), no global memory/data ( different to Hive), with isolation and avoidanc
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Time for another Denver area piano group! by Colin Dunn @ 01/23/15 03:52 PM

OK, the 21st it is! I'll post an update to the Meetup group, where you can get the address/directions. Looking forward to seeing everyone then!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Sympethatic Resonances by KenRaf42 @ 01/23/15 03:51 PM

Hi All, I just posted a question on Tuner-technician forum but thought I might share on this forum hoping for more exposure ... Here is an exact explanation and a video demonstrating the problem, A4 causes a resonance on A6 B4 causes a resonance on
Jump to new posts Re: Moving an N3 by Ishkabibble @ 01/23/15 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ElmerJFuddYes. Furniture wise it's identical. Id have Piano movers do it, or at least movers with Piano moving experience because they need the right size dolly and protective/scratch resistance blankets. The legs and the ped
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball grand - plastic tops on damper heads? by Colin Dunn @ 01/23/15 03:48 PM

The tops are glossy, but they appear to be a layer of a different material than the remainder of the damper head. That is why I thought they were plastic pieces. To me, it didn't look like a finish layer.
Jump to new posts Re: Cheaper Alternative to Protek CLP? by kpembrook @ 01/23/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678Originally Posted By: Chuck Behm When I'm regulating a grand or upright action, I routinely put a drop on every center pin bushing using a hypo oiler. Also, I put a drop on on both sides of both center pin and front rail
Jump to new posts Re: Recording to PC using CVP-601 by Jytte @ 01/23/15 03:38 PM

I assume you have a 'line-in' on your PC? Then use cable from either one of the Phone jacks on the CVP-601, or the audio out, and connect to PC via 'line in'. As the 601 has a USB flash drive slot, it's an easy way to record directly, and without nee
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Key Length by BruceD @ 01/23/15 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: DanSOriginally Posted By: JohnSprungOriginally Posted By: Keith D KermanKey length is very important to pianists. Perhaps, depending on the width of your fingers. For me, more white length between the sharps is pretty much u
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: IBLA Competition? by Mark_C @ 01/23/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: laguna_greg....they do offer prizes for strings and voice as well as piano, so I think that's why the jury list is so long. I guess..... It seems more likely it's a list of everyone who's ever been on the jury or might ever be.
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball grand - plastic tops on damper heads? by SMHaley @ 01/23/15 03:29 PM

Are they a high gloss top like the mirror gloss polyester finish of a piano? If any part of it has chipped away revealing the under-structure of the damper head the only option is to fill the chipped areas and re-polish all of it... certainly not
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with arpeggios! by laguna_greg @ 01/23/15 03:29 PM

Which ones, Nadir? there are two or three instrument tracks that have arpeggiated figures on them. Do you mean just the piano track? Also, could you give a time code where mean exactly? Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by lophiomys @ 01/23/15 03:26 PM

I have updated my MP7 to v1.10: - After the FW update my customized Setups were gone. Good to have a backup! Since the Setups were gone anyway, I performed a Factory Reset. - Recorder - MIDItoAudio in WAV format freezes my MP7 directly after the
Here is an exact explanation and a video demonstrating the problem, A4 causes a resonance on A6 B4 causes a resonance on B6 C5 causes a resonance on C6 B5 causes a resonance on B6 I can my pushing my finger on A6 B6 or C6 mute the resonances. here
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: IBLA Competition? by laguna_greg @ 01/23/15 03:24 PM

Yup and Yup, Mark. One of the previous past winners was presented in a recital in Weil hall, as it said in her interview in a paper somewhere. To be fair, they do offer prizes for strings and voice as well as piano, so I think that's why the jury l
Page 90 of 116 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 115 116 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beethoven Sonata 30
by George Miller155
01/29/15 01:18 AM
The Right Words At The Right Time
by Cinnamonbear
01/29/15 12:09 AM
Having goals to aim for
by Arghhh
01/28/15 11:01 PM
Noise from line in on MP7?
by acoxcae
01/28/15 08:55 PM
Schubert and Alkan
by Polyphonist
01/28/15 08:44 PM
Forum Stats
77904 Members
42 Forums
161010 Topics
2365360 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission