Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I actually do understand how it works, i'm not just memorizing 'em. Minor = Key note, then 2 notes higher, then 3 notes higher whereas Major = Key note, then 3 notes higher, then 2 notes higher. This way, I can easily figure out that Am = A-C-E, wher
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by toddy @ 07/27/14 01:14 PM

Your piano, P105, has a GHS keyboard in it, which is weighted, somewhat like an acoustic piano, but it's not one of the better keyboards. However, this is a matter of personal preference - some people get on with GHS very well, others make do, while
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by Abby Pianoman @ 07/27/14 01:10 PM

Started this thread in order to hear from other MP11 owners about their personal experiences with the Instrument. I figured that since the Instrument has been in circulation for a few months already, there would many more MP11 owners out there who ma
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: WeakkyApart from that, I tried to follow Greener advices, and I spent hours yesterday to figure out how the basic chords were working. I didn't really expect you would have it mastered in an afternoon. A lifetime would be close
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss from playing piano by bennevis @ 07/27/14 01:05 PM

I think some people are mixing things up, and talking about totally unrelated subjects. This thread is about hearing damage due to noise exposure, or more specifically, exposure to the sound of the piano from playing it. Nothing to do with deafness
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI Labs… First Look and Sound by PianoManChuck @ 07/27/14 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: rnapleI appreciate the info., PianoManChuck. About the Ravenscroft VPC. I haven't seen any more info. Look forward to more. I haven't seen any more info either, other than their website for acoustic pianos! You might want to
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by anotherscott @ 07/27/14 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: GabriellaaHello, I am looking for a digital piano with semi-weighted keys... I already have one with fully weighted, but I find my hands get tired really fast due to them being ''heavy'' ... Anyone have any expieriences with the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by dynamobt @ 07/27/14 12:54 PM

I'm very excited to be learning a piece I have long wanted to play. It's the Chopin Prelude no 17 in A flat Major. I heard a recording of it. I mistakenly thought it sounded easy to play. Years ago, looked at it, and was totally overwhelmed. N
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by Gabriellaa @ 07/27/14 12:54 PM

Thanks. The digital piano I have is Yamaha P105... I don't really like it to be honest... Doesnt quite feel good to play on..
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms in Tokyo, Japan by A443 @ 07/27/14 12:53 PM

Shinjuku is one of my favourite areas of the city; I've spent a lot of time there. There is an awesome ramen shop in Shinjuku that serves the most outstanding Ramen (http://www.n-nagi.com/store/shinjuku). I'm usually in Japan in the fall/winter and
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by Charles Cohen @ 07/27/14 12:48 PM

The DGX-650 has a "weighted hammer action" -- the GHS action, same as the Yamaha P105 and several other Yamaha's. It's lighter than many other DP's, but it's still trying to emulate an acoustic piano. Quote: . . . You want the muscles in
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by fizikisto @ 07/27/14 12:47 PM

sixfootpianist, There have been no announcements from Roland that I'm aware of. If something like that is coming, I doubt that Jay can chime in on it until there's something official from Roland about it. So when, or even if such an update is
Piano Teachers Forum
I just read an article yesterday about practice. I thought this was interesting: Practice explained 26 percent of the variance in achievement for games, 21 percent in musical accomplishment, 18 percent in sports, 4 percent in college grades, and le
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by sixfootpianist @ 07/27/14 12:39 PM

So, is there any word on another batch of RD 800s or an RD 800 mark II with a more organic and elegant solution to the power cord problem? I really like the look of this board, but I have no intention of buying one with a power cable permanently atta
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by fizikisto @ 07/27/14 12:38 PM

Marko LOL. That's a pretty funny idea. Toddy I was actually just being tongue in cheek, but to answer your question I lack the skill and would prefer not to ruin my nice nord dust cover making the attempt.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms in Tokyo, Japan by Farnsworth @ 07/27/14 12:35 PM

That's all excellent advice - thanks so much !
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by Piano RX @ 07/27/14 12:34 PM

Markarian, Congrats on your new piano! It is very exciting, I know. I see you have a humidifier but don't have central cooling. In this scenario you will probably need a dehumidifier if you want to deal with the occassional high RH days in your
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar and techy question by Starr Keys @ 07/27/14 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: ladypayneStarr Keys: your song sounds great too me. Lovely playing Thank you. Like you I'm hoping it will sound better in the new and improved recording. Quote:I did a rather quick arrangement of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Larry Buck @ 07/27/14 12:25 PM

I may have an answer. May I first have the; 1 scale for the Y axis 2 speaking lengths for a few notes before and after the break 3 wire diameter I have written my intended answer down and I'll post it after verifying a couple of things.
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Cable TV meets the internet by Theresad @ 07/27/14 12:24 PM

I feel like Pluto.tv does a good job of making it seem like you’re still watching TV - but it’s internet content, and there's an app, and it's free. For some strange reason, I really like the concept of channels and shows, even if it is, ultimately,
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano/keyboard with lighter keys? by toddy @ 07/27/14 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: fizikistoGabriellaa, If your hands are getting really tired very quickly, you're probably playing with a lot of unnecessary tension. Do you have a teacher? A good teacher should be able to show you how to play so that yo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by A443 @ 07/27/14 12:09 PM

Composition in university is approached differently these days, than in the past. These days, in America, it is more about bashing and thrashing around without functional knowledge, and that is indeed in an attempt not duplicating the work of others.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got my first piano! What do I do now? by spanishbuddha @ 07/27/14 12:06 PM

Ask the tech to give you advice on whether humidity needs to be controlled for your piano in your part of the world.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B Series Price Question by DancerJ @ 07/27/14 12:06 PM

Is anything wrong with, say B3? I liked the sound.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Robert Scott Those maxima you see in the total waveform do not represent anything the ear is necessary going to hear. An audible beat is a perceived variation in amplitude at a given frequency. It is not related to the peak va
Page 90 of 113 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 112 113 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
128 registered (36251, alans, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, a-z0-9, 37 invisible), 1467 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75609 Members
42 Forums
156343 Topics
2296270 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Movers
by DancerJ
08/01/14 11:16 PM
Yamaha P-85 closer to a Grand Piano action than any Upright!
by Paul678
08/01/14 07:22 PM
Do someone have a Sciortino Insta-COILER
by Olek
08/01/14 06:55 PM
Buying used piano for school district - need advice/cautions
by ChoralScholar
08/01/14 05:34 PM
Help with a leg!
by igirl
08/01/14 04:53 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission