Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
153 registered (ARpiano, Andriuska, Ahmedn1, 36251, alwatson, 33 invisible), 2326 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Paderewski's Menuet in G (or Minuet). Super easy to memorize but challenging in the fast runs, smooth turns, and lengthy trills, etc. A good showpiece or encore.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP12 by PianoManChuck @ 01/13/17 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By propianistHow do you know this when the rest of the world doesn't? Do you work for Kawai or get given N.D.A. info ahead of public releases? I've noticed Kawai skip NAMM some years and announce stuff at Frankfurt Musikmesse in A
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai 'Virtual Technician' iPad app now available by Kawai James @ 01/12/17 11:55 PM

Hello thrucomp, welcome to the forum! Originally Posted By thrucompAndroid user here. Nice. May I ask which device and OS version you are using? My 'daily driver' is a Samsung S4 Mini running the latest CyanogenMod (RIP) nightly. It's a few year
Jump to new posts Re: Duplex Scale? by 8 Octaves @ 01/12/17 11:55 PM

There are enough great German pianos with no duplex scale that I doubt it is necessary despite what Steinway may claim in their literature. Of course both Yamaha and Kawai has it. They have to be at feature parity with Steinway. On some cheap acou
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Neen help with Yahama disclavier by aomf @ 01/12/17 11:49 PM

I am new at this forum and not sure that I am placing my question in correct place. I am looking for a technician familiar with Yamaha M515CH, which is a console, disclavier. Something got broken inside the instrument. The sound became very bad. The
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP12 by Rhodie73 @ 01/12/17 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By propianistHow do you know this when the rest of the world doesn't? Do you work for Kawai or get given N.D.A. info ahead of public releases? I've noticed Kawai skip NAMM some years and announce stuff at Frankfurt Musikmesse in A
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Late Lisztian Pieces by Nemaara @ 01/12/17 11:47 PM

I just started learning the Années de pèlerinage: Troisième année, and really like it a lot. Can anyone recommend me some other similar pieces or music books that might have such music? It doesn't have to be Liszt either, but hopefully of a simil
Originally Posted By AlmarI suppose it isn't. I want a new digital piano as soon as possible since I cannot play anything at this moment. However, if I take a rational perspective I should wait a bit and try as many out. Thank you for the comment,
Piano Forum
I am new at this forum and not sure that I am placing my question in correct place. I am looking for a technician familiar with Yamaha M515CH, which is a console, disclavier. Something got broken inside the instrument. The sound became very bad.
Jump to new posts Re: $3500 DP - Best Sound & Touch? by ColoRodney @ 01/12/17 11:41 PM

I think if the space is live enough and not too large, where an acoustic grand can fill the space without amplification, use an acoustic. But a good used acoustic would run at least $7000, and if the temperature in that church isn't constant, you'll
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op. 10 No. 2 by Nemaara @ 01/12/17 11:41 PM

Others have covered the technique in detail, so probably no need to beat it to death. Just a quick comment about the recording, if you intend on using the same microphone (or phone, or whatever you use to record) in the future, I'd try placing it
Member Recordings
OVERWATCH Song - No Mercy - by The Living Tombstone (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial by Amosdoll) Hello The Living Tombstone fans and Overwatch enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on The Living Tombstone's super catchy Overwatch song called "No Me
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Amazing new concert hall in Hamburg by Nemaara @ 01/12/17 11:34 PM

I was in Hamburg over the summer and spent quite a few days around the building (it's actually huuuuge...), but it wasn't open to visitors at the time. Kind of jealous of the people who get to go see concerts there. t_t
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI ES8 BAG - WORTH IT?? by nsetiap @ 01/12/17 11:26 PM

Per B&H, Kawai USA bag weight 17lbs though it also says that is the weight for the package. Not sure if it means just the weight of the bag or the shipping weight. In any case, SC1 is cheaper with more feature and the fact that you satisfied with
Jump to new posts Re: $3500 DP - Best Sound & Touch? by Gombessa @ 01/12/17 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By Piano WorldIs anyone out there producing a DP with an actual grand action? Well, aside from the potentially vaporware-ish one-offs, there's the Yamaha AvantGrand, which has a real, honest to goodness grand piano action (and in m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ 01/12/17 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXOriginally Posted By Mario2015Hi, I was just wondering how everyone practices. I have a set of questions re. this. 1. How long do you practice each day? I tend to practice 1 hour on average 2. How many times
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Interview with Jeanne Stark on PBS by BDB @ 01/12/17 11:18 PM

Interview with Jeanne Stark. She is a local pianist, in Berkeley, one of many who I think came here due to the influence of French musicians in the area.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lacking Emotion by outo @ 01/12/17 11:16 PM

I also think your playing is just fine. After the exam you should talk to your teacher. If you decide to take all the exams you should schedule them so that this don't happen again. If your goal is to do the required grade 6 exam as soon as possible
Jump to new posts Re: Keys don't go all the way down by BDB @ 01/12/17 11:13 PM

There are a bunch of other things that can keep the keys from going all the way down. Several of them involve the backchecks, but changing the backchecks to resolve the problem is not the solution, and just makes things worse.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI ES8 BAG - WORTH IT?? by ColoRodney @ 01/12/17 11:02 PM

I actually haven't seen the Kawai USA bag. But from the description it looked heavier and less convenient, as I remember. I'd compare weight and features and make up your mind.
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is Pianoteq? by David Farley @ 01/12/17 11:00 PM

I run Pianoteq on a not-very-new Dell Optiplex through a Roland Quad Capture USB interface and out to Roland CM-220 2.1 monitors via SPDIF. It sounds great. (Keyboard is a Yamaha CP4.) It's also worked fine for me on a newer MacBook Air and an older
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuner's delight, or not by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 01/12/17 10:55 PM

Daniokeeper, The same law applies in this country. Abandoned property becomes the property of the State where it was found. Only out on the ocean is it finders keepers losers weepers.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best thing about Scarlatti by outo @ 01/12/17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi, Outo! Didn't you manage the Baroque recital within ABF? In Carol Burnett terms, "This is-a gettin' really strange, Missus-a Wiggins". P.S. Didn't you manage the Russian e-cital as well? I did. I w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How it's made - Steinway by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 01/12/17 10:52 PM

Manhattan accent
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI ES8 BAG - WORTH IT?? by nsetiap @ 01/12/17 10:40 PM

Rodney, Now that you have SC1, do you think it's better than Kawai USA bag? I know it has handle at both side and strap handle, something that Kawai USA bag don't have, but, do you notice anything else after you received and inspect the product and c
Page 90 of 97 < 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 96 97 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Korg Grandstage
by brooster
9 minutes 59 seconds ago
Hobby shop carries music wire that may work for flange pins
by Jake Jackson
37 minutes 39 seconds ago
can I use this as caster cup for upright piano?
by Jinster
47 minutes 56 seconds ago
Broken Yamaha Clavinova CLP-360
by Nokkonen
54 minutes 9 seconds ago
Casio Privia 860 assistance/opinion sought
by Dunolde
Today at 12:41 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,300 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,869 Topics
2,590,002 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission