Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (AndyP, beeboss, babybearyan, Albunea, barbaram, 19 invisible), 903 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget by AnastasiaT @ 05/24/15 12:04 AM

Hi we are looking for a piano for my 9 yr old daughter. Husband thinks digital with weighted keys/pedals is as good as acoustic. We are looking at a Samick SC-900 which looks like an acoustic piano (sort of like an "apartment-size" piano)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts 7-year-old on metronome practice by hreichgott @ 05/23/15 11:54 PM

My 7-year-old was given her first metronome assignment by her teacher. Which, because her teacher is smart, is just to play the RH from a piece she learned two years ago, with a metronome speed that's a little slow but only a little slow for the piec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Grand Model R questions by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 11:45 PM

If the L is really well preserved as regards soundboard, bridges, strings and pin block-I would prefer it over an R. They are robust sounding pianos and extremely durable.
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Very interesting post since I am currently working on a 1915 Cunningham upright that has a Wessell, Nickel & Gross action in it and which is likely the same action in your Stieff . In my case the middle pedal did not work due to a broken connec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Andy Platt @ 05/23/15 11:43 PM

The last set: 41. Tom Christian - Minuet in G minor, BWV Anh. 115 I will confess to being one of those who sees the harpsichord a necessary evil on the evolutionary path to the piano! However, you performed this piece admirably. It can be hard separ
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for bridle straps? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 11:41 PM

Not a silly question. Many times the cork straps are too long resulting in the need to bend the bridle wires way back. You then must hope they will not interfere with any of the case parts. This is why most technicians stock several types of straps t
Piano Teachers Forum
Wise and broadening thoughts, John. Thanks! In lean teaching years, joining the hive can look alluring. In robust teaching years, the independent studio wins on many counts.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Irmbach upright piano by AnastasiaT @ 05/23/15 11:36 PM

Hi I am looking at purchasing an inexpensive piano for my daughter who is learning to play. I saw one that is a good price for our budget but I can't seem to find any information on the maker. It is a mahogany upright piano, marked Irmbrach. I have
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by earlofmar @ 05/23/15 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By leelAt last! My hands are HT! I really thought it was never going to happen--I'm not playing fast, but it is together and I'm thrilled beyond words. now add a foot sorry could not help but be silly. This is a great achie
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A thought about having 2 different lessons by Peter K. Mose @ 05/23/15 11:29 PM

Jytte, you're right in the abstract, but it's still uncommon to see someone twice a week for a piano lesson. Especially an adult.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Grand Model R questions by Le Chat Botte @ 05/23/15 11:24 PM

So I looked at both the Baldwin L and the Baldwin R - Both are in very good condition with no major identifiable flaws. The Baldwin L is 1963 and the Baldwin R is 1986 as mentioned above. If price can be essentially the same (maybe a little cheaper
Jump to new posts Re: Bridge removal by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 11:14 PM

To add to Genes excellent advice. When you get the bridge planed down to within a millimeter or two of the panel, you can place a hot electric iron on the bridge and it will soften the glue and allow you to peel it up little by little.
Jump to new posts Re: String levelling issue? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 11:11 PM

Mating the hammers and strings is when a silent room is needed. If there is much noise you can't hear the subtle differences. One can tune quite well in some noise but you can't mate unisons to hammers if any noise is present.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pollini plays Chopin Etude Op.10 No.4 by LaReginadellaNotte @ 05/23/15 11:11 PM

It's true that Pollini played the Etude with more clarity and evenness than Argerich did, but he also played it a lot slower than she did. If Argerich slowed down to Pollini's tempo, perhaps she would have played as cleanly as he did. Pollini is on
Jump to new posts Re: String levelling issue? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 11:09 PM

No, you level the keys without the balance rail studs touching. Only if the piano has a "flexible" style keyframe must you set the studs prior to key leveling.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by phantomFive @ 05/23/15 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTYou can test whether the "hiss" you hear on some notes is generated internally or is solely due to your hearing senses by playing the offending note staccato. If the hiss lingers longer than the note. th
Jump to new posts Re: I am unsure what this odd part is. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 11:05 PM

BDB is probably correct. You can contact Dean Petrich, RPT who is in the Seattle area and has a piano wrecking yard. He probably has one that would work. You can look up his contact info on the PTG website.
Jump to new posts Re: What's so special about 'monitor' speakers? by MacMacMac @ 05/23/15 11:03 PM

jeffreyfranz: Are you replying to cruiser, intradio, durtyz, The Pro, Triryche, GoodTimes, rintincop, rajoo_dup1, Melodialworks Music, AJB, or Eternal who posted in this thread eight years ago, back in July 2007 ? Or are you replying to GoodTimes o
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 11:02 PM

You can test whether the "hiss" you hear on some notes is generated internally or is solely due to your hearing senses by playing the offending note staccato. If the hiss lingers longer than the note. the hiss is in your head to some degree
Adult Beginners Forum
Never assign malice to that which can be explained by stupidity. And never assign malice where it was never intended. Let's show others the same kindness and consideration we expect from them. Translation.. Just because we do not like something s
Adult Beginners Forum
At last! My hands are HT! I really thought it was never going to happen--I'm not playing fast, but it is together and I'm thrilled beyond words.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a recently designed 9 8 grand piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 05/23/15 10:55 PM

All my grands go up to ELEVEN!
Originally Posted By fizikisto Do you need the full 88 keys? You might find something like the korg kross 61 key semi-weighted keys to be much more suitable for your needs. It's in the same price range. There's also an 88 weighted key version th
Adult Beginners Forum
keystring Just to play devil's advocate, there are also some teachers who emphasize fundamentals to the exclusion of actually making music, particularly music that their students recognize and enjoy. If you give up playing the piano because you
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parent asks for answers to test by Peter K. Mose @ 05/23/15 10:53 PM

You could discuss this at the next lesson, and figure out what's what.
Page 90 of 115 < 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 114 115 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very interesting.....Lang Lang's story...
by rnaple
05/29/15 04:23 AM
Recently bought a Casio PX860! this is awesome!!!
by dandan19zs1
05/29/15 03:33 AM
Can you identify this baby grand?
by pevo
05/29/15 12:22 AM
Yamaha C7 with Player Piano system
by Cflux
05/28/15 11:31 PM
Is it "Live" or is it.......
by piano_primo_1
05/28/15 10:24 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,456 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,421 Topics
2,411,908 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission