Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
147 registered (ahoffmann, accordeur, 36251, Abby Pianoman, ajames, 36 invisible), 1640 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by sullivang @ 03/25/15 06:09 AM

I thought he said "it's such a f***kin great KEYS". Anyway it does sound very good. Greg.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by Molto lombardo @ 03/25/15 05:38 AM

This is a very interesting subject and goes to Piano Teaching Forum also. I teach piano for kids and have this kind of system: First before they play they must be able to clap individual rhythms (separate hands) and sing them also (with syllable &quo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Piano Blog by CarlosCC @ 03/25/15 05:28 AM

I wish I could have time to share my experience too... Thanks for sharing moscheles001
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by TheodorN @ 03/25/15 05:28 AM

I've been watching Lypur's (Andrew Furmanczyk's) videos on music theory again, after having seen them originally about three years ago, and found out he talks about composing in some of the videos. You don't have to go through all the videos, in the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by CarlosCC @ 03/25/15 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By dmdIt is interesting the number of times the word "EASY" comes up in this forum. LOL .... Everybody wants easy. Sorry, there is no such animal in music. It all takes hard work. If you do that hard work you will get
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 03/25/15 05:22 AM

Nobody has a favorite way to play the repeated G# note in the RH starting in bar 28 with maximum control? I've tried a search in here, but the search engine just keeps chugging away and never showing a result.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wrist pain by outo @ 03/25/15 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usI would wear something like this to preempt any damage if there is a lot of finger action. I did years ago while I built the muscles/ligaments required. Thanks, I bought one already... I am also going to have a ne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by RaggedKeyPresser @ 03/25/15 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1Originally Posted By pianolearnerstridepiano_prime_1, have you written anything yet... what are your specific goals... do you want to write pop songs or symphonies? My goal is to know the theory of music composit
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - Sonata G minor op. 22 by verqueue @ 03/25/15 04:29 AM

Yeah, it's the only one instrument I can practice on. Action isn't so bad, it's Renner. I played this Sonata on recital recently, there was a good grand, but my reharsal was short, so I didn't have time for recording . And I haven't got portable r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What happened in 1980? by Jean Claude @ 03/25/15 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By hogfanOriginally Posted By phackeMichaelha, my rocker beats your rocker�and unlike the other guys, he is still kicking hard. (Steven Tyler...Major piano guy) image courtesy martin snow pianos. best wishes... Be still
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by chopin_r_us @ 03/25/15 04:14 AM

Aesthetically I love the idea of weight damping. The idea of springs seem so mechanical!
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by dire tonic @ 03/25/15 04:12 AM

Too much friggin reverb. Could be nice though - GUI has a novel look about it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wrist pain by chopin_r_us @ 03/25/15 04:10 AM

I would wear something like this to preempt any damage if there is a lot of finger action. I did years ago while I built the muscles/ligaments required.
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Mark R. @ 03/25/15 04:08 AM

Point taken, thank you!
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by Kawai James @ 03/25/15 04:07 AM

Sounds great! I love the enthusiasm of the presenter too.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Advice by piano_friend @ 03/25/15 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By HakkiWhat to play next? Well it is quite obvious: Schumann - Etudes after Paganini Caprices Rachmaninoff - op.23 no.6 Liszt - Grandes Etudes de Paganini no.5 Chopin - Etude op.25 no.10 Beethoven - Sonatas op.27 P.S Oh, some et
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by chopin_r_us @ 03/25/15 04:01 AM

My advice would be to see how well you can get the top dampers to work - that's the only fault with these pianos from a player's perspective. It'd be a shame to spend loads of time on it to find you/he are not happy with the damping.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by piano_primo_1 @ 03/25/15 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By Sand TigerI've outlined a simple method more than a few times. Start by choosing a key and stay with it. Play something real simple, such as an ostinato (alternating repeating notes), or a few notes ascending or descending. See w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Boston vs Sauter by Jean Claude @ 03/25/15 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By KidsNeedPianoQuote:I meant to ask. Does anybody else find the Kawai GX2 to be not clear (not muddy but neither is it clear) in the low mids? Having just spent AUD$21,500 on a GX-2 I refuse to believe it is anything but perfect.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Composing …is there an easy method to learn ? by piano_primo_1 @ 03/25/15 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By pianolearnerstridepiano_prime_1, have you written anything yet... what are your specific goals... do you want to write pop songs or symphonies? My goal is to know the theory of music composition. I‘ll rethink the composing
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wrist pain by outo @ 03/25/15 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveOriginally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By chopin_r_usOriginally Posted By Angela62213 Could it be tennis elbow Tennis elbow is very common in pianists. All the time you're playing your wrist is being forced upwar
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - Sonata G minor op. 22 by trigalg693 @ 03/25/15 03:42 AM

Not bad, I like it, but that piano is kind of crappy, which is why I'm hesitant to make comments because it could sound fine on a better piano. Is that all you have access to? If so I feel you, I haven't played a good piano in ages haha.
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by stamkorg @ 03/25/15 03:40 AM

The sound is awesome, but... Full Kontakt required, and minimum 4-cores 2,4Ghz + 8Gb RAM....
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by Bellicapelli @ 03/25/15 02:51 AM

Similar story here, though i can't regret anything, since i wasn't able to make my choice yet. I'm turning back to my old love, plain classical piano, after 20some years, with loving heart but rusty hands, and will have to face a long study / practi
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Mark R. @ 03/25/15 02:45 AM

Thank you all for the responses. This is an old Kirkman upright (first time I've heard of the brand) that the owner and I want to try and salvage, starting with a CA treatment. From what he has said, many pins have been slipping for years. So for ch
Page 90 of 111 < 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 110 111 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Having a hard time transitioning to a heavier key action
by symphonicfinale
03/30/15 07:06 PM
Teaching a Four Year Old
by DameMyra
03/30/15 06:39 PM
DP + Backing Track
by doremi
03/30/15 05:58 PM
Piano buying question
by Frost
03/30/15 05:21 PM
Haydn, die Sieben Worte
by Johan B
03/30/15 03:26 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,711 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,853 Topics
2,390,414 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission