Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
148 registered (Albunea, accordeur, Akino, 38 invisible), 1697 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Thanks, guys, I already have had a bolt and sleeve I just need to get round to a bit of light forgery. It is amazing how much good tone can be gained by simply tightening coils. In my dotage, I only tune and do light maintenance anymore so your con
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Opinions on piano price by Seawind @ 09/29/15 08:53 PM

Hi, I'm new here but I could use some opinions. I have the opportunity to get a Technics sx px30 for $215. She said it has a "buzz" and the tone is a bit tinny. I'm thinking of telling her that if she doesn't get a better offer, I wil
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday song is public domain by JohnSprung @ 09/29/15 08:50 PM

Consider the impact on big-budget IP -- Movies cost $50 - 300 million to make. TV episodes in the single digit millions each. Take away the back end, and those industries would disappear in a flash. Tens of thousands of people would be out of goo
Adult Beginners Forum
Have you asked your tutor why does he teach so many instruments? Given his good job, he probably doesn’t do it for money but as an interest since he wasn’t able to pursue it as a bread-and-butter job. His busy schedule shouldn’t bother you if h
Pianist Corner
I'd love to use my iPad for music but it's just too small. I'd really have to squint. I think that's a pretty common problem.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By peterwsIll be writing this stuff down and youtube it. Any Haydn amongst your faves? Hi peter, actually I don't know any Hadyn. That is a gap in my piano studies! I have a library book here called "Favorite Piano Classics
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Autumn Leaves - Key? by JohnSprung @ 09/29/15 08:37 PM

The chart I have for it is in Am, which makes the vocal range E4 - G5, the middle of Mezzo. I use the free MuseScore notation program, which will transpose anything to any key you want. See who may want to sing it with you, and pick a key based on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is a 10 y.o. Schimmel 208 worth only $10K? by gynnis @ 09/29/15 08:35 PM

The usual problem is not buying a big piano, it's getting rid of one in a hurry. Not to mention moving it.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using Their DP with Band-in-A-Box? by TonyB @ 09/29/15 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By newbertOriginally Posted By TonyBI am using the Roland BK-7m module. It can quite accurately follow your left hand to change chords as you play. It has many styles and you can setup sets of instruments, etc. www.musiciansfrien
Piano Forum
Sometimes it depends on the truck the mover is using too. The third man is usually a "spotter" and it does make reassembling the piano a bit faster. My Naples FL mover does pianos as part of their regular routine, and they usually have 3
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES8...Keep your ES7 by jim tulloch @ 09/29/15 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesGood points ColoRodney. I had actually overlooked the possibility of transposing by holding the TRANSPOSE button then pressing the desired key. Cheers, James x Thought that would have been the obvious choice (providi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with old 2/0 tuning pins..... by JohnSprung @ 09/29/15 08:23 PM

Add them to the mix in wind chimes....
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Funny Fingering by debussychopin @ 09/29/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveDoes anyone here cross their fifth finger or their thumb (or slide it over, as the case may be)? When I saw that, it seemed so ridiculous that it made me laugh. It seemed so funny that I couldn't resist trying it. Nor
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ 09/29/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By GSebOriginally Posted By Jay RolandSorry Gseb, it's been a little insane around these parts lately. I have some more to share. I'll ask for your patience please while I get through the weekend. Jay Hi Jay, I am just checkin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tension whilst practising? by debussychopin @ 09/29/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By pe2DaveSo I know what I should be doing. Each time I get it wrong it seems to notch up the tension. Drat (or similar), do it again. When it slips my mind where note X is it bugs me. I know it. Is this a common experience for n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand piano touch - is it affected by size? by Oongawa @ 09/29/15 08:14 PM

I used to have a Kawai console. It sounded pretty puny but the action felt great. I now have a 5'8" MH and it sounds a lot better but the action feels really heavy. I often press a key and the hammer doesn't strike the string. I have to play
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on pre-owned Grotrian Chambre or Cabinet by master88er @ 09/29/15 08:14 PM

As Rich said, used Grotrians are VERY difficult to find, especially if they are in good condition. The price of ANY used piano completely depends on the structural integrity of the specific instrument, and without seeing or examining it, there is no
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Laminated soundboards by gynnis @ 09/29/15 08:11 PM

Del, glad your getting some information out there. I think consistency is a big plus in laminated boards, especially for large production pianos. As spruce is becoming less available, the ability to use off-color pieces in the interior is a plus to
Piano Teachers Forum
Like others who have posted, I would expect a good grand piano at this level. I would be skeptical of a teacher who attempts to teach advanced students on an inferior instrument. (I'm not an advanced student myself, but most of my teacher's students
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I just got a piano! by JohnSprung @ 09/29/15 08:08 PM

My fallboard need a hinge repair, it's been off since I got the piano. No ill effects to date.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber E 272 concert grand by Dave B @ 09/29/15 08:06 PM

Fantastic playing on a fantastic piano! Amazing clarity within a full rich sound.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Setting lesson fees by bennevis @ 09/29/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By bennevisHow can a teacher teach who hasn't been through the exam system himself, and attained a level higher than Grade 8 ABRSM? Fairly easily I'd imagine if they had the skills. All the informati
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my decision please by Jay Roland @ 09/29/15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohen If you wanted to stretch your budget, a (new or used) Roland RD-800 is worth looking at. It's older than the FP-80, but it's a full-featured, very flexible stage piano. No loudspeakers, I think. For clarity, the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Setting lesson fees by bennevis @ 09/29/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By bennevisI'm not sure that anyone in the UK could set himself/herself up as a music teacher if he/she didn't have a teaching diploma of some sort from ABRSM/Trinity etc. After all, here ABRSM exams ar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber E 272 concert grand by WhoDwaldi @ 09/29/15 07:57 PM

Jurg Hanselmann's "Waldstein" on a Steingraeber E-272 is pretty spectacular, and the reflected snow is magical! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yyGwD_wLJMg http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-0hWB6j4iTI
Page 90 of 92 < 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
20 minutes
by dolce sfogato
10/06/15 05:12 PM
question on playing full songs
by iamanders
10/06/15 05:09 PM
Would U consider a piano only 3 years younger than the USA?
by swampwiz
10/06/15 04:33 PM
Marc-André Hamelin Cliburn Concert -- Webcast Tonight
by kcostell
10/06/15 02:24 PM
Piano sound characteristics
by Veelo
10/06/15 01:18 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,955 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,336 Topics
2,452,296 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission