Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: patHI try to memorize the pieces I'm learning. But I've been playing for a long time, and have quite a few pieces in my memory. So it becomes more difficult for me to memorize new pieces. But in principle I believe that memori
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed: Key Release Noise of Kawai K-800 by Zergling @ 09/09/14 11:23 AM

Hi BDB, my technician will come to my house this Friday to tune the piano. I will ask him. But just wondering what kind of noise level the piano normally give.. Because this is my first acoustic piano, i really have no "benchmark".
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Action Model I Might Buy.... by SMHaley @ 09/09/14 11:20 AM

Paul likes the reassurance and added legitimacy that responses from experienced members give to his new piano tuning business.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by TimR @ 09/09/14 11:06 AM

Letters are hard to retrieve backwards. Numbers are too, but we've memorized the patterns so long ago it doesn't seem hard. That's the basis for the tricks in the memory courses, prememorizing some hooks you can hang other ideas on.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: V-Piano? by Charles Cohen @ 09/09/14 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyB . . . Funny thing about your reference to the Casio - I recently purchased a Casio PX-5S to use as an inexpensive portable keyboard to use for playing out since it really sounds quite good and weighs only 24 lbs., and I go
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by Northerner @ 09/09/14 11:05 AM

Thank you so much for the translation and summary. The updated action and successors in the cn series looks like a great step forward in the Kawai medium line up of DPs. Makes you wonder if there are any other interesting updates in the pipe. Wou
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Action Model I Might Buy.... by A443 @ 09/09/14 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: MilePost51Looks like he made his own. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95hnnb7KLAg The dude in the video said: "oh look, it's got the Steinway bounce; I love that--it's so sexy." LOL...WTF?!?
Piano Forum
You should ask the technician whether the noise is normal or not.
Piano Teachers Forum
hippido, if your son is working with a concert pianist, please try to understand understand the teacher's perspective: they have devoted their life to the betterment of music, that is who they are, and it is intertwined with their personality. They k
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help needed: Key Release Noise of Kawai K-800 by Zergling @ 09/09/14 10:55 AM

Hi All, I just bought a new Kawai K-800AS piano a week ago. Everything is fine except that I noticed the key release noise is quite obvious... It is even much louder than my Kawai ES100 digital piano. Wondering if this is normal? Or should I tell t
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Action Model I Might Buy.... by Rich D. @ 09/09/14 10:46 AM

So why are you posting?
Jump to new posts Re: Key weight and efforts.. What is THE standard? by ColoRodney @ 09/09/14 10:40 AM

In any case, you should START your measurements by measuring the down-weight of an acoustic piano that you enjoy playing. But down-weight is only one measure -- it does not cover all of the behaviors of the key, as pointed out in the post on inertia
Hot hide glue. CA, IMHO, would be a disaster...luckily they didn't use CA to install the knuckles originally, right?
Jump to new posts Re: Key weight and efforts.. What is THE standard? by MacMacMac @ 09/09/14 10:33 AM

I found the same with my Clavinova. Somewhere over 80 g. When I choose another piano someday I'll want something lighter than this.
Jump to new posts Re: A shank untraveled: the end. by A443 @ 09/09/14 10:32 AM

The process follows a very natural construction oder of things, with corrections made to the parts in question at the time of installation; each further step in the process corrects only those errors that they produce. *Fit the feet of the bracket
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Different expectations, is it time for a change? by chasingrainbows @ 09/09/14 10:32 AM

I think we would be better equipped to comment on practice requirements and expectations if the OP would share what level the student is in, and what pieces he is currently studying.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by KurtZ @ 09/09/14 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary D.Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: TimROriginally Posted By: Gary D.Now, when it gets to January, then we can be smug about our weather! Then again, the last time Wisconsin had a hurricane was during t
3 points. Galaxy vintage D 2 points. Galaxy Vienna grand 1 points. Galaxy baby grand bluthner galaxy vintage D is by far the best playable sample based piano I've experienced. All round an excellent piano in touch and tone. Very realistic and I'v
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by dire tonic @ 09/09/14 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: wildpigSo I have a Casio PX-120. with a stack of coins about 75g the middle C key is slightly pressed. with 85 g it's fully pressed. Def heavy action isn't it. Anyone else have a casio they can comment on? I thought mine fe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Bombing" during lessons... by SwissMS @ 09/09/14 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: BrianDX P.S. Am I only one in this forum where piano study means so much to be personally, given the fact that I will never be a professional? I'm thinking no. The only question that I still canno
Jump to new posts Re: A shank untraveled: the end. by A443 @ 09/09/14 10:16 AM

jim ialeggio, those are all valid issues regarding the natural rotation of the rails. If that is the case, IMHO, it must be started anew: that much variation is ultimately felt at the key and is measurable in the action geometry. Building-up an actio
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Action Model I Might Buy.... by MilePost51 @ 09/09/14 10:13 AM

Looks like he made his own. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95hnnb7KLAg
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I pursue piano? by Steve Chandler @ 09/09/14 10:07 AM

The original post was an inquiry should I pursue piano? Somehow this thread got derailed because the OP plays very well and some here found that hard to believe. There are lots of ways to pursue piano. There are also lots of ways to earn a living. T
Piano Forum
You could try WNG actions in the Steingraeber Phoenix pianos at Hurstwood Farm in England, or presumably also at the Steingraber factory in Bayreuth. However, the effect of the WNG action on the tone would be hard to differentiate from the effect of
Jump to new posts Piano Action Model I Might Buy.... by Paul678 @ 09/09/14 09:58 AM

I may give a best offer on this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-piano-acti...=item43cdbaefdb
Page 90 of 92 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha U3
by RGibson
33 minutes 8 seconds ago
VPC1 Order Cancelled
by EmptySpace
Today at 06:16 AM
Baroque Pitch - The Well-Tempered Clavier
by Badinage
Today at 02:25 AM
Need Leutke Leipzig info
by Gardenergirl
Today at 12:26 AM
Best digital approximation
by TEHunter1
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Who's Online
82 registered (barbaram, Al LaPorte, anotherscott, Badinage, AZ_Astro, 27 invisible), 1000 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76209 Members
42 Forums
157556 Topics
2314229 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission