Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any advice on songs I should learn? by BruceD @ 10/17/14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Piano_Pirate1Originally Posted By: pianoloverusIf you're still taking lessons, I would discuss this with your teacher who knows your playing better than anyone at PW. This is true, and I've considered asking him but I'm not s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts AHA moment by piano_primo_1 @ 10/17/14 11:06 AM

An AHA moment , (for those studying piano ... it takes time .... but it happens ...i.e.recognition of patterns and chords , harmony .... ) I study harmony at times , but am not too persitent at completing assignments in the manual I have on hand
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Because it make no sense damper individual timing is wrong, as it was regulated yet (how?) I seem to read. ps , it is in the title !
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel - Ferrari Piano ? by chernobieff @ 10/17/14 11:04 AM

Does it Float?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Revolutionary Etude by Works1 @ 10/17/14 11:04 AM

This is an etude I learned in my earlier years and am resurrecting it now for a performance at our friends party in December. I was never able to play this piece at full tempo (quarter note = 160 bpm) but can play it cleanly and competently at about
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff: Moment Musical no.4, anyone tried it? by ChopinLives81 @ 10/17/14 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: trigalg693Yea this piece is not bad at all and pretty fun. Hardest part is probably hitting the fast chords towards the end. Thanks for the heads up.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Height from ground to top of white keys by Miguel Rey @ 10/17/14 11:00 AM

Mine is 29" but adding casters to increase to 30.5". I'm 6'1" and even with my seat adjusted down the piano still too low. Didn't realize this until I plaid another piano that was higher, big difference for me and had never considere
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New or old piano best for daily practice? by Miguel Rey @ 10/17/14 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: maurusThe OP says s/he is playing "classical on an advanced level". So s/he should be able to make a judgement. Of course it will be wise to have a technician inspect the quality of the restoration! It would be more
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Christmas songs during a "Winter Recital" by chasingrainbows @ 10/17/14 10:57 AM

I always discuss my recital programs with parents, and assure them that if they are uncomfortable with Christmas music, or Halloween music, there are many other winter themed/autumn themed pieces to play. I would not issue any kind of disclaimer.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by chasingrainbows @ 10/17/14 10:54 AM

I am fascinated to find this topic. I'm a piano teacher who just had a Steinway A completely rebuilt (recent post: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2336641 The piano presents some issues, one of which is: when I play a repeated b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP-155C vs Hailun HG 161 by supersport @ 10/17/14 10:52 AM

Is there any room for you to get something slightly larger if this is going to be your forever piano?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YUS3 vs YUS5 by michaelha @ 10/17/14 10:46 AM

My Kawai has Kawai's version of fake ivory keytops and they don't require any special maintenance. Just wipe with a damp rag like you would acrylics.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio? Under CAD$1,000 by Lester Burnham @ 10/17/14 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesLester, are you secretly the Mike Martin of WatchWorld.com? No! Although what I would say, is I've got a lot of time for both their watches, and their digital pianos - because you get a lot for your money, and you'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YUS3 vs YUS5 by supersport @ 10/17/14 10:40 AM

There is also a sostenuto pedal if you need that. The music desk would be a plus for me and the feel of the Ivorite keys is very nice. (Ed. US specs that is)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by ajames @ 10/17/14 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: outo It all depends on why you are doing this. I am doing it partly as a replacement for real live recitals, so it's have to be no edits. The difference to live recitals is that I do allow myself to make several takes. But what
Jump to new posts Re: Casio? Under CAD$1,000 by Lester Burnham @ 10/17/14 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: bnolsenThe joke must have gone over your head. Perhaps I should have replaced "analog" with "mechanical"... You'd be surprised though... often the things you might think are comical, to enthusiasts are a di
Jump to new posts Re: Casio? Under CAD$1,000 by Kawai James @ 10/17/14 10:33 AM

Lester, are you secretly the Mike Martin of WatchWorld.com?
Jump to new posts Keyboard store in Spokane? by Palmpirate @ 10/17/14 10:33 AM

I am driving through from Canada and Spokane is first stop. Want to get something to practice on as we travel. 64 key Roland sounds like a good choice. Must be somewhere open after 5? on Monday 20th Oct?
Jump to new posts Re: Casio? Under CAD$1,000 by bnolsen @ 10/17/14 10:25 AM

The joke must have gone over your head. Perhaps I should have replaced "analog" with "mechanical"...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by chopinoholic @ 10/17/14 10:24 AM

I will submit a Chopin piece as requested in the last recital!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any advice on songs I should learn? by Piano_Pirate1 @ 10/17/14 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusIf you're still taking lessons, I would discuss this with your teacher who knows your playing better than anyone at PW. This is true, and I've considered asking him but I'm not sure if this is the right thing to d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Myth Buster? by pianoloverus @ 10/17/14 10:19 AM

"Pianoworld.com is dominated by a handful of technicians/salespeople who express their opinions as facts." This is the only partly and the true part of the statement and only applies to one or two dealers.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any advice on songs I should learn? by pianoloverus @ 10/17/14 10:16 AM

If you're still taking lessons, I would discuss this with your teacher who knows your playing better than anyone at PW.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by wimpiano @ 10/17/14 10:15 AM

I think that if I put time in editing (and learning how to edit) I would miss out on a lot of valuable play-time on the piano..
Jump to new posts Re: Help for first purchasing! Need some suggestions. by anotherscott @ 10/17/14 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Zanna83The only doubt I have is related to the downsides listed in this post : http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2167459 In particular "Note Sample : 34 strecth groups" and "Built In Speakers : B
Page 90 of 103 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 102 103 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Uneven piano keys
by shah
Today at 08:57 AM
Forster vs August Forster
by eazydyonizy
Today at 03:43 AM
Grigory Sokolov releases album
by wimpiano
Today at 03:11 AM
Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos
by brahms
Today at 02:54 AM
Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms.
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 02:13 AM
Who's Online
143 registered (ajames, anotherscott, accordeur, Alexander Borro, 30 invisible), 1603 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76623 Members
42 Forums
158439 Topics
2326796 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission