Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sustaining vs Dead On Unison by Olek @ 10/14/14 03:49 AM

I think than both DOA and "sustain" type should be sustaining at last correctly. I do not really change the tuning for a style or another but rely on what my ears tell me. But, as lately or if the pianist ask for I can have caliber less
Piano Forum
I'd look at musicpassions suggestions. Way more piano for the money..
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: phantomFivelol "The Pride of the Moron" I know... I'm good at titles, right? :P
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Have keyboard, need software! by dire tonic @ 10/14/14 03:18 AM

Congrats on the VPC1! - I'm sure you'll be delighted with it. I would vote for the Galaxy Vintage D or the Ivory American concert D - more favouring the latter if you're playing mostly romantic works although be aware you'll need to use an iLok USB
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 and MP11 touchweights by dire tonic @ 10/14/14 02:57 AM

the search engine at the top left corner of the page is better than the supposedly dedicated forum 'search'. I think the down/up weight measurement does provide a useful insight into action although, as often mentioned here, you'll be measuring the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions on "contemporary" pieces and composers by phantomFive @ 10/14/14 02:39 AM

lol "The Pride of the Moron"
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Relax Stretch exercises by johan d @ 10/14/14 02:38 AM

Hello, Are there relaxation/stretch exercises to do during the day or before beginning to play to relax, fingers, wrists, underarms and even shoulders? I find it hard to completely relax my fingers an wrists. Maybe when doing some easy exercises dur
Jump to new posts Re: Have keyboard, need software! by Charles Cohen @ 10/14/14 02:25 AM

Have you checked Rachael Jimenez's website -- she has some interesting thoughts: http://fundamentalkeys.com/blog/ . Charles
Pianist Corner
You're way overdoing your proposed difficulty level. With the previous version you posted in your other thread, I honestly thought you were consciously trying to evoke Op. 10 No. 1. And this one seems clearly evocative of Op. 25 No. 12. Really, la
Pianist Corner
Guess what! I'll post works from EMF! :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTFz-6G-SY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw9hUzSM84c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVfX2zS63XU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmEU6wqOzoM https://www.youtube.com/watc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Folk tunes in piano music, anyone? by dannylux @ 10/14/14 01:45 AM

Based on a Ukrainian folk song, here is the lovely Le RÍve by Mykola Lysenko: The Dream Sergei Bortkiewicz also used this Ukrainian song in one of his pieces. Mel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New-to-me grand piano (guess what brand & model) ! by PhilipInChina @ 10/14/14 01:42 AM

There was a stick on "slow fall" device for sale last week at the expo. I wouldn't stick one to your piano but they do work! I put one on my Kawai upright.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven - Piano Sonata op. 109 - Live by Cinnamonbear @ 10/14/14 01:27 AM

Very Beethoven-y. Really, Allan, this is quite convincing. It's miles ahead of the one you posted previously! Whatever you did to find your understanding of it--it worked. Bravo! --Andy
Piano Forum
Yes, it comes with lock. It locks both fallboard and lid at once. I always lock it when I am not playing, so my 2 very curious young sons cannot open the piano without me supervising, I am just afraid the fallboard may accidentally drop down. I will
Piano Forum
A piano teacher who is pushing the unproven Baldwin B252 and has never heard of Charles Walter is a piano teacher I would not pay much attention to regarding a piano purchase. If you're going to buy a new Chinese piano, I'd suggest going with someth
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: johan dThe number on "my" Baldwin is 1.085616 That is not a Hamilton serial number. That would be an Acrosonic from 1977.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by hreichgott @ 10/14/14 12:59 AM

We're getting close! I've had a love-hate relationship with the tempos in Tombeau for a while but I think the Prelude is finally settling into the faster tempo. The key seems to be feeling a very long beat, like every measure as one beat, or maybe t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Update on new piece, your input is welcomed. by phantomFive @ 10/14/14 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: ChopinLives81I'm only going to make this one other thread in regards to the Etude I'm composing. I'm not intentionally trying to make the piece difficult, however I do feel it needs to be challenging. Here's another version of t
Jump to new posts Re: "sand" blasting action parts, keys, etc by Olek @ 10/14/14 12:29 AM

Thanks all for the tips I thought you need to have a ceramic more for glass beads and possibly other (but not corindon or sand) I suppose the nose is replaced regularly. The tool I am may be buying is having 5 ceramic noses provided. Regards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 and MP11 touchweights by EP @ 10/14/14 12:26 AM

Maybe that was it. I have an MP11 and can measure the touchweight - using pennies at the front of the key on middle C, I get 56 grams downweight (key starts to depress but doesn't go all the way down) and 42 grams upweight (key comes up most of the w
Piano Forum
And you never, ever will. You have my heartfelt congratulations and I wish you a lifetime of musical splendor with your B. As an aside, thank you for posting these beautiful pictures. It's impossible to get decent photos of recent Steinway pianos.
Jump to new posts Have keyboard, need software! by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/14/14 12:20 AM

I took the collective advice of the forum in an earlier thread...and I am excited to say I have taken the plunge and now own a brand new Kawai VPC1! Thanks, all. I look forward to its arrival next week. Now to find a software piano. I'm leaning
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos and Cats by Markarian @ 10/14/14 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: hvOur late cat Zoe was my wife's biggest comfort at the piano... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz17OqlaDaU Howard Wow, that's impressive! May I ask what she's using for her recording setup?
Jump to new posts Re: Cold pressed hot pressed by beethoven986 @ 10/14/14 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Miguel ReyOriginally Posted By: beethoven986Originally Posted By: SMHaleyOriginally Posted By: chernobieffthe cold-pressed hammers tend to get softer. I'm not sure I completely agree with that, having reshaped and needled cold p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How NOT to move a piano!! by Markarian @ 10/14/14 12:05 AM

Now we just need to get Bam Margera, Brandon DiCamillo, and the rest of the CKY crew to give him a hand.
Page 90 of 101 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 100 101 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This is punny
by Tango Vic
10/19/14 11:58 PM
A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano.
by TwoSnowflakes
10/19/14 08:07 PM
Mixer for live-use
by Auver
10/19/14 06:24 PM
Question on Kawai CA65 functions
by ColinDS
10/19/14 04:30 PM
40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do?
by pinkfloydhomer
10/19/14 04:23 PM
Who's Online
85 registered (beeboss, AndresD, barbaram, 36251, anotherscott, 26 invisible), 1237 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76591 Members
42 Forums
158373 Topics
2325599 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission