Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I'd probably use just a bit of silicone spray, rather than WD-40. But either one should be OK. . Charles
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing in front of many well known pros by DanS @ 07/05/14 11:39 PM

Performing outside/beyond your comfort zone is the best way to expand yourself. Enjoy the experience, and good luck!
Adult Beginners Forum
Aakash Gandhi Bollywood Music Have you looked at the above site focused on Bollywood Music ? The site may be interested in including the song you referred in their tutorials.
Jump to new posts Re: PX 850 question by MLFLY @ 07/05/14 11:24 PM

Sure but it's my first digital so you should research other opinions. First, I'd be happy with either one. Both played well and sounded good. They're the same thing, only different Yamaha + Key tops . Ivory like feel was nice (this did not influ
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype Teacher Wanted - Classical by Peter K. Mose @ 07/05/14 11:16 PM

Why would anyone deliberately want a Skype piano teacher, unless one is a prison inmate? I don't get it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Sorry for offering money.I live in a place where taking live piano lessons is not an option.I would love to have lessons over skype where someone can help with specific improvisation queries.I would be glad if you guys can point me to some place wher
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My EBVT by That Tooner @ 07/05/14 10:58 PM

Good job! The second one sounds a lot better!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to play Crazy Fast Arpeggios - Tutorial by Polyphonist @ 07/05/14 10:51 PM

Ahem...
Jump to new posts Re: My EBVT by Weiyan @ 07/05/14 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: GadzarMuch better! But too strong for a Victorian Well. I mean Ab major is way too harsh. And C major too calm. But this time you got the "Well Tempered" idea. Congratulations! Keep practicing. I hear the M3 CE too
Originally Posted By: MorodieneBy the way, have you considered a Kawai VPC1? I definitely did--I have some experience with the variety of software piano library/modeling options and have used a few (Galaxy Vintage D, TruePianos) to get continued use
Adult Beginners Forum
Also, unless someone can learn the music, figure out how to make it so you can learn it, and do the video and upload etc all in about 10 minutes, your suggested fee is way too low. Just saying.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ 07/05/14 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SigFigsNailed it. Congrats. Great feeling, eh?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha CX7 grand by terminaldegree @ 07/05/14 10:14 PM

I wrote an in-depth back to back review of the C7 vs the C7X in the current issue of the Piano Buyer, which can be read online for free. Both pianos were in the same room and cared for by the same technician, who does high-level work for Yamaha artis
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Improvising or playing solo parts... by Maarkr @ 07/05/14 10:12 PM

thanks michael... i've read so much of your advice in these forums and on the web... it's right on point. if i was more advanced I'd love to take your course. maybe someday. Quote:Ignore the chords your band is playing, and work on solos that impl
Adult Beginners Forum
There are other appropriate forums to offer financial incentives for getting small requests done. The way you are throwing around dollar bills here gives this forum an unintended gentleman's club vibe !!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano related movies? by Eldridge @ 07/05/14 10:06 PM

"They Came to Play," a documentary about the 2007 Cliburn Amateur Competition.
My daughter has a Roland FP-7F portable digital piano that we bought several years ago. Today while she was playing I noticed that the sustain pedal is really squeaky (the piano is in her bedroom and I don't usually sit in her room and listen like I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano related movies? by Eldridge @ 07/05/14 09:55 PM

"The Mephisto Waltz" with Alan Alda, about a young pianist who trades his soul to the devil in return for virtuosity. Schlocky but fun. "Song of Love" about the Schumanns, with Hepburn as Clara.
Interesting impact tuning. A tight screw can't turn in usual way, but turned in a few tap. Another Impact vs Driver. Not sure if this is related to turning the tuning pin. EDIT: added second video
Summer In The City played on Sampletekk's "White Grand" sample library in Kontakt, using Kontakt's "Pianoverb" for reverb. Just chord bashing. https://soundcloud.com/sullivang/summer-in-the-city-the-lovin-spoonful
Pianist Corner
You might want to post this in the Adult Beginner Forum.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
As someone whose principal instrument has been the double bass since the first term of the Nixon Administration, my advice is: Learn to play the piccolo. You'll be in great demand around the Fourth of July.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 by rnaple @ 07/05/14 09:20 PM

From looking into acoustic treatment. There is much to consider. Much that doesn't work. Some that works great. As a result. I have an EMM-6 microphone coming. So I can analyze my room. Make good decisions. Instead of building, trashing, and buildin
Piano Forum
This Steinway D showed up in LA recently, and although I can't afford it, maybe you should give it a look! I'm not sure what year your B is from, but this is a 1994 D in a private home, so it could be in very good shape. http://losangeles.craigslist
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How to play Crazy Fast Arpeggios - Tutorial by Zach Evans @ 07/05/14 09:13 PM

What's up everyone, I've always had a thing for flashy moves on piano, and I ended up learning this arpeggio move that can add some flair to piano covers/improvisations you might do. Its actually relatively easy to learn if you know how to learn it,
Page 90 of 101 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 100 101 >
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
127 registered (acortot, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, 36251, 36 invisible), 1385 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75353 Members
42 Forums
155794 Topics
2287666 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Similarities between Gershwin and Leonard Bernstein
by pianoloverus
31 minutes 31 seconds ago
Help with Fingering!!
by Francisco Scalco
Today at 07:00 PM
Group PLUS private lessons?
by WCSdancer
Today at 06:39 PM
Great bassist Charlie Haden passed away
by Mark Polishook
Today at 06:05 PM
Ten favorite Beethoven sonatas?
by JoelW
Today at 02:33 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission