Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very big vintage Steinway upright mystery by bkw58 @ 07/16/14 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: KlavimaniacDear Steinway gurus, Does any of you know this model? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191241771596&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 Furthermore can you come up with a solution to the obvious
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Commercial worth of music... by Nikolas @ 07/16/14 03:11 AM

haha! It's still very rare, isn't it? Still, when I moved in London to finish off my studies, I immediately found out that there were composers who were getting commissions, were teaching, were being very happy, and yet were not on Deutsche gram
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Starr KeysNow that's what I call flow! I love classically influenced cocktail music, always have, because of all those romantic old movies. And you just did a great job of showing us just how much skill can go into playing it,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Commercial worth of music... by phantomFive @ 07/16/14 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: NikolasOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: NikolasWell... In my defense Grieg, Chopin and Beethoven did it first! Yes, and there's no shame in being a lesser mortal than Grieg, Chopin, and Beethoven. It just m
Jump to new posts Re: Why and why not adding lead weight to key by Zjones4 @ 07/16/14 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Gene NelsonOlek- If you want more power - stronger tone - why not weight the hammer? 1/2 gram of brass or lead rod in the moulding does wonders. It will make your touch heavier by 5 or six times the 1/2 gram and it is easier to
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Privia PX850 by Charles Cohen @ 07/16/14 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: MathematicianHow does PX850 compare to Kawai ES100? Which one has heavier keys? I'm looking for a dp with the heaviest keys in the $1000 price range. OK -- I get to ask the question: . . . Why? You might try a P155, which
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Kawai KDP-90's? by Charles Cohen @ 07/16/14 02:46 AM

Don't worry -- it'll be fine. There was a recent thread in which somebody said, basically: . . . You want to buy something which makes you happy, . . . and which you'll keep for a few years. The KDP-90 fits the bill. Unlike a Steinway grand, it's
I'm running Pianoteq (which has very moderate CPU-speed requirements) on an Acer Aspire laptop. CPU : Intel core i5, 2.6 GHz Memory (RAM): 6 Gbytes O/S : Windows 8.1 I found that the internal soundcard gave me good results. There's no discerna
Jump to new posts Squeaking dampers on 1940 Upright by Goof @ 07/16/14 02:25 AM

I thought I'd try to set all my dampers to move off at the same time - quite a task ! Well all back together and there was a squeak when the sustain pedal was depressed. The obvious culprit was the bushing, or rather the remains of, where the ve
I have tuned one or two of them. The capo bar makes them difficult to mute. Baldwin uprights also had them. Why do you care? Surely you are not contemplating buying a piano that far away. You undoubtedly could find one closer.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Commercial worth of music... by Nikolas @ 07/16/14 01:50 AM

Ando: As I said... looking forward. And may it all go well! On everything else you say. Yes, I think that it's part of what I've been thinking. You may be brilliant in fussing different elements (and frankly I'm a fan of everything you listed as a
Jump to new posts Very big vintage Steinway upright mystery by Klavimaniac @ 07/16/14 01:48 AM

Dear Steinway gurus, Does any of you know this model? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191241771596&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 Furthermore can you come up with a solution to the obvious discrepancy of the ebonized seri
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by DoelKees @ 07/16/14 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTHey Kees, Two beats are created that are identical in frequency and 180 degrees out of phase. They are positive pressure waves so they can never add up to zero anywhere. Beats are not pressure waves. Kees
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Commercial worth of music... by Nikolas @ 07/16/14 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: NikolasWell... In my defense Grieg, Chopin and Beethoven did it first! Yes, and there's no shame in being a lesser mortal than Grieg, Chopin, and Beethoven. It just means you might need to find a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Atrys So, like before, models carry with them a varying degree of certainty based on the proposition sum; learning just happens to be something that we have a decent model of. We really do not have a very good model at all, w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Very big vintage Steinway upright mystery by Klavimaniac @ 07/16/14 01:02 AM

Dear Steinway gurus, Does any of you know this model? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191241771596&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 Furthermore can you come up with a solution to the obvious discrepancy of the ebonized seri
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Public Domain, Level 1 by Goomer Piles @ 07/16/14 12:57 AM

If you mean 'Scenes From Childhood' by Schumann - and if you like Schumann - check out his Album for the Young, Op. 68. It's actually intended for beginners, whereas Scenes From Childhood is not.
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Regulation difficulty by DoelKees @ 07/16/14 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyOriginally Posted By: DoelKees When I play harpsichord music on the piano (Bach of course) I always miss the ability to articulate the end of notes, which on a harpsichord has a definite thud associated with it whereas on
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Francisco Scalco Except we don't know if it is a circle! Think of a model as an argument from a series of propositions. If all of our propositions are true, the model must be true. The uncertainty of truth shows when any scie
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by DoelKees @ 07/16/14 12:18 AM

In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BrcWplvGJY it is claimed (around 38s) that the final chord (F2F4A4C5F5) shows beat masking of the M3. Here's the final chord: final chord. To me the 7bps of the F2F4A4 is very clear and not masked a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is the new crop better than the old??? by outo @ 07/16/14 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: AtrysThe technique of contemporary pianists is absolutely superior to those of the past. Yet I often find the ones from the past more pleasing to listen to. So whatever the contemporary pianists do better does not necessarily
Adult Beginners Forum
Starr Are you considering returning to PianoMagic? If so, that would be fantastic! I remember you helped me soooooo much when you were a member. I knew absolutely nothing about playing when I first joined, I definitely was a true beginner. I love Pia
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/15/14 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: GadzarOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTYes, it is a kind of second pass. If it drifts again, it doesn't drift as much since things are all settling down as we go along. The real benefit is that, as I said, all notes don'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New York Times Article on Practice Making Perfect? by Francisco Scalco @ 07/15/14 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Atrys Imagine a drawn circle is the one true version of the truth. Now, our "model" of the truth is a pentagon. We do more research and gather more data, and more points are added to our pentagon; soon, it becomes a h
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 07/15/14 11:42 PM

Hey Kees, I get what your saying, but what about this: Two beats are created that are identical in frequency and 180 degrees out of phase. They are positive pressure waves so they can never add up to zero anywhere. BUT, they can add up to a consta
Page 90 of 105 < 1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 104 105 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
63 registered (barbaram, Al LaPorte, a-z0-9, beeboss, AndrewJCW, AZ_Astro, 17 invisible), 1448 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75473 Members
42 Forums
156050 Topics
2291490 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My fingers know what my brain has forgotten
by PatrickBl
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos
by Paul678
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music?
by Alex1
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
Fugue in b Minor
by Ritzycat
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Missing Pedal rods for Bramburg (1890-ish?)
by Paul678
Yesterday at 04:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission