Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: High pitched sound from Yamaha Clavinova PF P-100 by spanishbuddha @ 38 seconds ago

Open it up and take a look, leaky or blown capacitors are easy to see, then fix.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by tksler @ 1 minute 39 seconds ago

I'm not even a piano tech and it sounded so wrong to use WD40 on a string.. BTW, other than maintaining the environment to ideal humidity and temperature, what else can you do to prevent rust from even getting hold of your piano strings?
Jump to new posts Re: My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative. by Lynsey @ 3 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: peterwsNot repairable? Here's me thinking Yammies are bulletproof. . . best o' luck man. This is s highly personal choice and not easy to advise on. Maybe you can check out suitable keyboards with the same action you have on
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-7? by bjorn of brekkukot @ 13 minutes 45 seconds ago

Greetings, I have owned an ES7 since December of 2012. I purchased it from the same dealer in NH as another user on this board, who, frustratingly enough for me, paid significantly less around the same time, even though I bought the floor model (it
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a DP with auto-accompaniment/ensemble by Garf @ 18 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kawai James Please note that neither the ES7 nor the ES100 feature a microphone input. I hope this helps. It did help. I found some stores that look like they might carry an ES100 so I'll call those up and see if they have an
Jump to new posts Re: Some more help needed!! by Garf @ 20 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: musicman100Yes it looks like it only recognised inverted chords in Full fingered mode. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but do you mean if the ES7 is in Normal ACC mode, and I play a GCE with my left hand, it'll play a G chord with
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner inspired around here - playing some Bach by 255 @ 22 minutes 26 seconds ago

I've played the minuetto in G a while ago but I've never heard that version, it sounds more interesting with those ornaments.
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet setup for ultra portable rig by fizikisto @ 24 minutes 22 seconds ago

You can pick up a korg kross 61 key keyboard for around $700 (less if you can find it used, or good condition B-stock). It weighs like 10 lb. and can be powered by batteries. Yeah, it's not going to fit in a backpack, but it's something that woul
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Could you please help my son choose a composition? by Axtremus @ 34 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Steve ChandlerI also like The Lobster best. I also enjoyed the first half of Trio Trouble, but the slower part lost my interest. The invention is a nice piece but it doesn't really go anywhere. Agree. The student did good work
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self Chat by bennevis @ 42 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: chopin_r_usYou are right 1 - connecting with the audience is the number 1 skill. If there's to be chat, I think that's to whom it should be directed. ......as long as it's not on the order of what the great Vladimir de Pachman
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin ballade 3 by Tim Adrianson @ 47 minutes 11 seconds ago

Hi there, A Guy! Well, you certainly deserved the overlay of vocal appreciation with the applause after that performance! The thing I liked best about your performance was the clarity of the accompanying material and harmonic progressions at critical
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: To Continue or Not To Continue by Axtremus @ 51 minutes 52 seconds ago

This has a lot of potential. Unless there is a deadline for you to hand something in in the near time, perhaps the decision to continue or not continue need not be a final one. If you feel stuck now, it is quite OK to go work on something else for t
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: skjBrodmann? Never heard of that brand. How much are the 6-7ish foot grands? The 6'2" starts from around $26,000 to $41,000.00 for the 7-foot. (That's MSRP, not street price). You can get prices, company information and
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: ClsscLib Probably then more like a 7 or 8 on that spreadsheet, which seems closer to the Canadian grading approach. A stretch goal at minimum, but perhaps not incredibly out of reach. Have you played any other Scarlatti piece
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 01:01 PM

Hi BDB: I had indicated in my further correspondence that the means by which I calculated the PBL was through the use of a dedicated spreadsheet written by Arno Patin (the importer of Paulello wire)to perform a multitude of calculations which allow
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Mark_C @ Today at 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Scordatura....I thought every last concert pianist on the planet plays that. To death, I feel! It's "to death" only if they take all the repeats. To me the repeat in the 1st mvt is a little dilemma, because for the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes a piano sound honky-tonk? by BGJ @ Today at 12:28 PM

While in college in central Kentucky in the 70's I played an old upright that had the bar with leather straps and metal brads (Corvus above said it is called a mandolin rail) that would come down and give it a real twang. The best part was when we m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by Recaredo @ Today at 12:27 PM

Happy for you Farmgirl, I'm sure you'll do great.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic Piano Players... by tksler @ Today at 12:17 PM

THAT doesn't sound too encouraging I love the piano for what it is, without all of these added modern equipment. I've had some opportunities to play some pianos with players on them and the pedals DEFINITELY didn't feel right.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does it get easier? by 1RC @ Today at 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Francisco ScalcoDo you think this "ideal" is static? I mean, I don't think the problem lies 100% on the technique, the actual doing. I believe standards, at least in my case, are ever-changing. I'm beginning to think I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts September Piano Bar by ladypayne @ Today at 12:14 PM

Thought I'd go ahead and start the September Bar. Here is David Nevue's arrangement of Morning has Broken. Added some more pictures of Alaska that I've taken It was 40 degrees this morning.. brrr starting to get cold. Hope the snow stays away for an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is finger strength a myth? by phantomFive @ Today at 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: NikolasOriginally Posted By: Louis PodestaYou guys are really thick!And this doesn't bother anyone? Even if Louis is ever doing pretty much the same thing again and again! I just ignore it, unless I think I can turn it into a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interviewing for a piano teaching job by Jonathan Baker @ Today at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Peter K. MoseJonathan, do you mean this piano teacher was advertising a service to help other studio teachers in their marketing? Or was s/he advertising for keyboard students with this bizarre quote about demographics? He was
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rusty strings- a silly question? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:29 AM

Yes. A company by the name of Pure Sound makes stainless alloy piano wire. It is weaker than modern piano wire. I do use it in portions of the plain wire scale that are way too short to sound good with modern wire. Often just two to four notes strun
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
I also love how joyful you made it! The piece has some lovely humor in it and you communicated it all. You seemed to relish all the little timing decision in there, and the grinning was infectious! Lovely piece, lovely playing! [TwoSnowflakes
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
137 registered (accordeur, 255, BB Player, 36 invisible), 1494 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76006 Members
42 Forums
157160 Topics
2308197 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative.
by Lynsey
08/30/14 01:35 PM
September Piano Bar
by ladypayne
08/30/14 12:14 PM
Scarlatti Sonata K380 Emaj -- How Difficult?
by ClsscLib
08/30/14 11:14 AM
High pitched sound from Yamaha Clavinova PF P-100
by Shiverca
08/30/14 10:43 AM
Rusty strings- a silly question?
by PhilipInChina
08/30/14 08:59 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission