Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
120 registered (babybearyan, AZClassical, anamnesis, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1366 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)? by S.H.Lee @ 11 minutes 49 seconds ago

Thanks,Hakki & All: Now i got some idea, this is my listing, please check it for me,thanks.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Should a child begin his lessons on a digital piano? by Pedro_Henrique @ 13 minutes 57 seconds ago

Guys, y'all have to remember that a perfect pitch only comes in childhood. So not at all, a good digital it's not bad, and it's even better than a cr***y acoustic out of tune. Ok, and about technique, with a good teacher, the kid will develop a goo
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-130R review by JaneW @ 15 minutes 50 seconds ago

Regarding the key noise: maybe I could have positioned the camera better, BUT, when listening to myself playing, I can't help but noticing the key noises that come out, which sadly stops me from practicing late at night, like I intended to when I pur
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by JaneW @ 21 minutes 22 seconds ago

I guess I'm really concerned about the key noises because I use this piano mostly to practice at night in order to avoid disturbing other people, so my volume is usually turned pretty low. I agree that when the volume is turned up, the key noise dimi
Jump to new posts Re: problem with my GEM RP800 !!!SOLVED!!! by Just Alan @ 24 minutes 33 seconds ago

For what it is worth, I have a 22 year old Roland JV1000 workstation synth. About 10 years ago it suddenly started switching itself off and resetting without warning. I could no longer use it as a gigging keyboard because it became so randomly unre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Tone" and "balance" by bennevis @ 25 minutes 10 seconds ago

http://youtu.be/U37SB4i54JU Here, the melody is the top line, and needs to be played with a singing tone, just like a singer would sing it (Mozart's music is very operatic in nature - even his piano music), and nicely phrased and 'breathed', with eb
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How practical is amateur piano tuning for one's self only? by Dennis Kelvie @ 28 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By amv256(This sounds like it might be a common question so I apologize if I missed it elsewhere.) I understand that truly mastering piano tuning (or even achieving reasonable proficiency) takes years at least, and I'm not looking
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice about Yamaha upright piano by babybearyan @ 36 minutes 10 seconds ago

The piano was owned by the teacher from new since 1982. My daughter is a beginner and just started 2 years ago. The main concern for me is that my daughter gets what she needs in these 3-5 years and we could easily sell it after that since we are mov
Jump to new posts Re: Convince me? by calf @ 44 minutes 18 seconds ago

Connectedness—I've seen this term a few times but what does it refer to? When it is said the Roland V-Piano has better "finger-to-sound connectedness", what is the issue about?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese whisper #1 (experimental!) sign-up thread by keystring @ 46 minutes 57 seconds ago

Clearing up the earlier confusion. This morning when Polyphonist asked if I wanted to take the first one, it was sort of informal and not formatted in a table, so I didn't know it was the "claims" version. I was going to go at it in the ne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by 8 Octaves @ 48 minutes 0 seconds ago

Hi SwissMS, yes my teacher and I both have the Teacher's Handbook, and we do follow it now. We didn't follow it in the beginning, but around grade level 4, I began to really hit the wall in my progress, and became a bit discouraged and frustrated.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has any adult experienced a Piano Guild audition? by John v.d.Brook @ 55 minutes 44 seconds ago

Brian, glad you and your wife's experiences were positive. Most of my students have a similar reaction - apprehension then relief and elation. I must confess a bit of surprise your teacher holds the reports/certificates for a week. I have the stud
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 7-year-old on metronome practice by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By Vid Have you ever listened to a performance from someone whose internal "metronome" was broken? It's a very disconcerting and unpleasant experience. No, I haven't. Apart from students playing the wrong time values
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by BDB @ Today at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By PaintedPostDaveFrom one of the articles cited in this thread: "As well as the straight strings, the Barenboim-Maene piano features a double bridge and horizontal soundboard veins. " Could someone explain what a double
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Klonk, can you list 4 or 5 songs/tunes that you have in mind. I'll try playing around with just about anything and see what happens. Are you simply talking about McCoy Tyner's style. Amazing but I'm not familiar with his stuff. But do you have some
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "cuivrez" dirin Messiaen by Damon @ Today at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By BruceD..... but buy the time I move I can't believe BruceD typed this!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Today at 07:05 PM

I wired over the money this morning (eeeeeeeek! Not sure if my bank account is ever going to see such a huge sum again!!) and we've been waiting for the funds to show up in their account. Bo is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow afternoon and will
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano VST buyer-advice please! by Digitalguy @ Today at 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LIt may be interesting to note that Addictive Keys has also a trial version. It is limited to the Studio Grand, 4 octaves, and standalone. It is unfortunate that so few virtual pianos have such a trial version. Yes g
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BrendanAhhh, I see that the d natural/d sharp controversy in the theme on the last page was still a thing then! It's interesting to hear him play it both ways. This is the only time I've ever heard a d natural played. Who els
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by pianoloverus @ Today at 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By proutHi Michael, Try as I might, I can't tell from the Paderewski recording what you mean. Very nice, musical playing, but please indicate where precisely in the reco
Jump to new posts Re: Spacestation v3 keyboard amp for AP sounds by 36251 @ Today at 06:00 PM

I own one and like it very much. I haven't played enough gigs to say love. I think about in these terms. Two powered monitors sound great to you as the player but the sweet spot fades. The allure of the SS, to me, is a combination of only having to b
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By keystringThe question in this thread is about exams. For some reason, Guild was mentioned a few posts into this thread, after which we got the explanation that Guild isn't involved in exams. But the discussion keeps going back
Piano Forum
Just because you overpaid for a Yamaha Boesendorfer, doesn't mean the Steinway dealer will compensate you for the entire price. Just be glad that you can get a great piano with an awesome trade-in deal!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs kawai by twocats @ Today at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By MariedybeedyMy mother was a musician and it was much more for her than just a little hobby, though she put much of it on hold as she raised her family. I have felt a bit of closeness to them this week and have shed tears more tha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner piano player with no prior experience by Ronnie J @ Today at 05:39 PM

Thanks DMD, I'll definitely check it out.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"Tone" and "balance"
by qazsedcft
Today at 05:38 PM
Which Beethoven sonata has this rhythm?
by JoelW
Today at 02:56 PM
Shipping a concert grand by air cargo...How do they do that?
by Piano Practice
Today at 02:51 PM
A pianist's 'touch' affects sustained tone - NOT!
by prout
Today at 01:40 PM
Will Steinway really pay me to downgrade my Bösendorfer?
by Thrill Science
Today at 01:36 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,439 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,383 Topics
2,411,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission