Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
67 registered (agoriaket, barbaram, AndrewJCW, augustm, AZNpiano, angga888, 16 invisible), 946 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by mwf @ 9 minutes 27 seconds ago

When will these new pianos be in UK stores, there is a shop that does roland right near where I live. I have been playing pianoteq recently for the first time, it has completely changed the way I look at pianos, I feel as if I can't play sampled pian
Dear Friends, I'm pianist and I use an Avantgrand N1 every day for practise. I search some good velocity curves for Pianoteq 5 and Ivory II American Concert D. Could you help me? Thank you very much! Best regards Carlo
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by Qaroll @ 12 minutes 19 seconds ago

You can hear some of those "Other sounds" on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpw1ogsVypk If I really needed all those "bells and whistles" I would probably buy Roland FA or Yamaha MOXF over Casio. I think my perfect (
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in C# Minor by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 12 minutes 21 seconds ago

The middle portion ... the Andante Cantabile ... is so lovely that I must comment. But the opening was confusing. The 6/8 time signature seemed to be at war with the melody and there was no defining "shape" to it. There is a natural pa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My first piano, I appreciate your feedback. by agoriaket @ 12 minutes 22 seconds ago

For 4000$ the shop offers a Kawai K15, new! 4900$ for the Kawai K200, 6000$ for the K300, all new! I'm sure they give me a discount. So if I compare the Kawai NS15 I should do this with the K300, same height, 2500$ price difference.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Debussy- Etudes, book 2 (complete) by fnork @ 19 minutes 53 seconds ago

Forgot to answer here, but thanks to all of you for giving so many good and detailed comments! I found it all very useful, and had a go on the entire book once again in concert a few days ago which probably did go quite a bit better than last time. M
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Olek @ 23 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By boltOriginally Posted By JohnSprungAsk your tuner/tech if it would be a good idea to put in a larger pin or give it a cyanoacrylate treatment. Making it hold correctly is better than touching it up all the time. Every time you m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by wimpiano @ 36 minutes 57 seconds ago

I've been a bit quiet lately (though extremely busy which is the very reason) but I've managed to finish the first movement of the Moonlight Sonata. Finish as in: My teacher leaves it to me to polish there are no more real mistakes in it and it just
Pianist Corner
Look for colleges or universities that might offer Class Piano or Piano for Non-majors. They might stick you with a grad student or an inexperienced professor, but at least you'll be learning something.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Qazsedcft @ Today at 03:34 AM

I have a suggestion, maybe for next year's challenge. Instead of an externally imposed arbitrary value like 40 how about each person declares at the beginning of the year how many pieces they want to learn. For some 40 might be too much while for oth
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing my mind? by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbows My private students are more committed, however, I go to the home, and actually charge exactly what they would pay if they came to the store. I should raise my prices, but of course, the store gets 1/3 of my less
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by AZNpiano @ Today at 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By TX-BluebonnetAZNpiano - I'm be starting Scarborough Fair on my own. I haven't even sight-read it yet. Will get going on it in just a moment. How much should I be able to accomplish with 7 five-minute sessions? I'm asking because
Jump to new posts My Yamaha YDP S51 -> And you ? by Kyfran54 @ Today at 03:06 AM

Hi everybody ! My first piano is a Yamaha ARIUS YDP S51 , I am very happy, someone owns one? Or have had an ace and change and better ? See you soon ! If you not know that piano listen here : https://youtu.be/g7eRSFvrdWA https://www.facebook.com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 Steinway K by Sketches @ Today at 03:05 AM

thanks for the feedback everyone, it is very useful as basically I now know the piano is certainly a viable option and I can proceed accordingly. More piano shopping today so we'll see what else is out there. Oh and it is my 31st birthday today which
Adult Beginners Forum
I love this song ff10-2 rocks. This song is also on my to do list.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3 by Qazsedcft @ Today at 03:00 AM

Check out the RCM syllabus for a large list of pieces of various difficulty levels: https://examinations.rcmusic.ca/sites/default/files/files/RCM-Piano-Syllabus-2015.pdf As outo suggested, you don't have to start from the beginning but doing lots of
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Nocturne, Op. 37 No. 1 by Setiawan @ Today at 02:58 AM

Hi Tim, thank you for the kind words! I see what you mean, that my 'A' section can seem a bit tame or too 'sensible' when compared with other interpretations, and you're not the only one (at least my girlfriend agrees with your sentiment). Something
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts apps to read / annotate music by nastroichik @ Today at 02:42 AM

Hello everybody. I'm a pianist and I'm looking for an IPad or Android app to read and annotate music. It's for professional use, something that is usable on stage and for teaching, to replace paper music. I know there are apps like forscore or tona
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite composers for teaching by AZNpiano @ Today at 02:41 AM

Some student favorites: Melody Bober, Naoko Ikeda, Christopher Norton, Kevin Olson, and Martha Mier. Streabbog (really Gobbaerts) is very nice. His stuff is freely available at imslp under Gobbaerts. Other really good composers from previous musi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts apps to read / annotate music by nastroichik @ Today at 02:10 AM

Hello everybody. I'm a pianist and I'm looking for an IPad or Android app to read and annotate music. It's for a professional use, something that is usable on stage and for teaching, to replace paper music. I know there are apps like forscore or to
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Joke by Ferdinand @ Today at 02:02 AM

What did Schumann say when he first heard Chopin's opus 35? Spoiler Content
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Son Lux on the Piano by Groove On @ Today at 01:59 AM

It's an advertisement for Gilette, but it's so odd, I thought this might be worth sharing. Composer Son Lux on the Piano with a bunch of Gilette shaving razors ...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College/Conservatory Auditions by Opus_Maximus @ Today at 01:59 AM

While you can get gems of information from this forum, none replaces that from your private teacher; one who is familiar with your playing, and familiar with university/college requirements. My best advice would be to seek out a faculty member at one
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Bill Bremmer RPTI wonder why someone who sees fit to plainly ridicule PTG would expect a free ride from it? Here we go again! The slightest spark and out comes the can of petrol!
Adult Beginners Forum
I seem to be very good at checking these call for submissions threads at the opportune time. Won't be able to record for about a week, alas
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Velocity curves Pianoteq 5 and Ivory II American Concert D
by CB1
8 minutes 15 seconds ago
My Yamaha YDP S51 -> And you ?
by Kyfran54
Today at 03:06 AM
apps to read / annotate music
by nastroichik
Today at 02:42 AM
apps to read / annotate music
by nastroichik
Today at 02:10 AM
College/Conservatory Auditions
by Treble97
Today at 12:35 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,587 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,583 Topics
2,440,906 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission