Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
179 registered (Alex Hutor, Almaviva, accordeur, 36251, A Guy, 56 invisible), 1889 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Casio PX-350 issue by ppa @ 3 minutes 33 seconds ago

Hi guys, I’ve recently bought Casio PX-350 and I believe the piano tone is not ok in my device. Could you please listen to the sample I’ve attached and say whether it is ok for this piano to make such sound? I’m talking about ‘digital humming trail’
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 40 Piano Pieces A Year Club by earlofmar @ 3 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: StubbieI think earlofmar has talked several times about the forty pieces a year challenge. I completed the challenge last year and have re-started again this year I found the benefits so good. This year I am working through e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Aldo Ciccolini, RIP by Almaviva @ 6 minutes 34 seconds ago

I loved his recordings of Satie and Debussy. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.
Jump to new posts USB audio interfaces (usual suspects) and stereo recording? by Lester Burnham @ 9 minutes 16 seconds ago

Thought I'd ask this here, seeing as there's been plenty of discussions of using these sorts of interfaces for recording digital piano audio. So say you want to record the native output of your digital piano, right... my laptop that's the only conve
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Aldo Ciccolini RIP by pianoloverus @ 14 minutes 34 seconds ago

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/422...ni-dies-aged-89 Some of his YT videos which I find quite amazing. I first heard the first two selections played by Ciccolini and was mesmerized and had to learn them. Elgar:Salut d' Amour https://www.youtu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do we teach phrasing by wr @ 18 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jdwMark C's post reminded me of something my teacher has pointed out about the challenges of piano phrasing--as opposed to my other instruments, flute and voice, which can use crescendo on individual notes to aid in phrasing. Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese factories by Norbert @ 23 minutes 23 seconds ago

Quote:Why are, for example Brodmann pianos produced in China are inferior in quality compared to European pianos. What are the problems about these factories? Hakki, since you are connected to Kawai,why don't you ask the question about your own pro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann reflections by Norbert @ 30 minutes 1 second ago

Quote:I briefly played a Brodmann at Faust Harrison and found it very good. Thanks - but no surprise really.... Unless someone now claims that Faust Harrison is a junk dealer. Norbert
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano regulation for beginners - some issues! by Withindale @ Today at 03:44 PM

There are other helpful videos on YouTube, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBS-sBrmuE
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Octave stretch kind-of by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 03:43 PM

Thanks Jim. I do think it is an advantage to be able to just run your hands up and down the keyboard in a number of differing ways that bring out the response characteristics of the piano without sitting there with extensive charts and measuring pro
Jump to new posts Re: My Roland RD-700NX review - An update by ZeroZero @ Today at 03:41 PM

Been playing the 700NX for six hours a day for five years now - still happy
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano to grow with by ZeroZero @ Today at 03:32 PM

I owned a lot of keyboards, from Yamaha PSRs to all sorts of ocntrollers CME's and even a Nord Stage. Although I put in a few chords into sequencers they never 'gave back' to the degree of an acoustic instrument. When I bought my Roland 700NX everyth
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pete Carroll plays the piano. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 03:32 PM

Everyone in Seattle is very stoked to be back in the Superbowl. Maybe Pete should play part of the half time show! Maybe on a Ravenscroft! BREAKING NEWS! The NFL just announced the penalty for the Patriots for the under-inflated footballs: the team
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I crazy? 1921 Baldwin with “History” (PICS) by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 03:28 PM

With that much rust on the strings the pin-block will probably need replacing to insure you don't end up with very "jumpy" pins that make stable, fine tuning difficult if not impossible. Also many of the Baldwins from this era had flat-sawn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Mozart "Fantasy in d minor" (K.397) by zrtf90 @ Today at 03:24 PM

Hi, fluff, and welcome. The fast bits are nothing to worry about. Two of them are marked Presto but that's presto for Mozart not presto for Beethoven. The third such passage isn't marked presto but is without marked accent and very cadenza like, pre
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unknown treasures... by pianoloverus @ Today at 03:21 PM

Not unknown, but relatively rarely played. * = much harder than the others Gulda:Aria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m017xsXZTNc&feature=related Bach/Chiu:Erbarme Dicht https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfkHYQ41gpI Bach/Cohen:Liebster Jesu, wir s
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Spiritual Nature of Jazz by Dfrankjazz @ Today at 03:11 PM

Comprendo. We're in agreement. Tx for writing) The Divine I am referring to is the force of flow felt within. DF
Originally Posted By: anotherscottI've taken a Korg Microstation as carry-on, which has 61 mini-keys. For full-size keys, I think a 49 can still make it, if it is not much bigger than the key area itself. They add all the dimensions, so if the 49 has
Jump to new posts Re: VILABS (Ravenscroft) - Support Issues by dmd @ Today at 03:04 PM

I did try them again ... and ... this time I used the email address instead of the CONTACT form on their webpage. I got an instant response. There may be an issue with their contact form on the site. Anyway ... problem solved. Thanks
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai or Yamaha Digital pianos? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 03:03 PM

I assume these are all used, as I don't think any of them are currently in production. Have you heard these pianos? What did you think? Personally I am familiar with the. Yammaha and the Roland only. Between those two models, I personally refer the
Pianist Corner
Having been composed in the wake of Chopin's two brilliant piano concertos, it makes sense that this piece would borrow heavily from said concertos - and indeed it does. Still a remarkable effort for a teenager.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- Call For Submissions by Alexander Borro @ Today at 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCCOriginally Posted By: scorpioWhy is there a race for the top spot? Some say that you have a better chance of your piece be heard and discussed. The truth is that I have stayed in many positions on the list (including t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: 255ClsscLib, teachers make mistakes too: you should talk about it with your teacher, he/she may have no idea that you're struggling with your current pieces. If you need to stop at every measure and memorize too much just to be
Jump to new posts Re: Uninspired by my MP11 by OneWatt @ Today at 02:45 PM

Joe - Your points are really well made. My Boston grand has lived in three different homes I've owned over a span of many years. In each it sounds like a very different instrument, and there's not much I can do about it (... when it comes to acoust
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where is Mark C? by Nikolas @ Today at 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_CAndo -- Thanks for wondering! Yes, I'm very much here, just not doing 2000 posts a day. (But I don't think I ever go more than a few days without doing a few.) The thread almost got me worried Mark! You're on of the few p
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
USB audio interfaces (usual suspects) and stereo recording?
by Lester Burnham
5 minutes 38 seconds ago
Aldo Ciccolini RIP
by pianoloverus
10 minutes 56 seconds ago
Kawai or Yamaha Digital pianos?
by dadopic
Today at 02:33 PM
Piano regulation for beginners - some issues!
by mfield1203
Today at 02:09 PM
Chinese factories
by Hakki
Today at 01:30 PM
Forum Stats
77962 Members
42 Forums
161124 Topics
2366853 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission