Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
49 registered (36251, ando, BeeceUK, 14 invisible), 1757 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I tune an autoharp? by RonTuner @ 6 minutes 43 seconds ago

The multiple passes is the important part.... If you have access, just tune it every day between now and the pageant using your chromatic tuner - each time, it should be closer and require less pin movement - assuming the indoor humidity and temper
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix fallen string bar by Bob @ 29 minutes 32 seconds ago

A free piano is never free. That piano needs to be restrung. Were the cats peeing inside the piano as well? I've seen that before.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny Excercise by zrtf90 @ 39 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Just StevenDon't just believe when people tell you that Czerny is useless...do not listen to the devils.Since I'm the one who suggested avoiding exercises and focus on repertoire I suspect that I'm the devil you're decrying. The
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by Qazsedcft @ 45 minutes 2 seconds ago

I have another business trip coming up, this time for 2 weeks. Fortunately, I'll be visiting my mom over the weekend and she has a piano. So overall my piano absence days will be December 5-9 and 12-16.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by PhilipInChina @ Today at 06:34 AM

PM sent.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano for Never Ever Adult by BeeceUK @ Today at 06:30 AM

Congrats on the new piano, I'm an adult beginner too, who only last month took up the piano and also chose the Roland FP30 as the instrument to learn on and I've found it great to play although like you I don't really have any frame of reference but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by PhilipInChina @ Today at 06:05 AM

I tried it but the piano is bigger than the window.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by JoBert @ Today at 05:59 AM

What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor <Recording> (arranged by Jan Kolácek)Greensleeves <Recording> (arranged by Jan Kolácek)Träumerei <Recording> (by Robert Schumann, No. 7 in Kinderszenen, Op. 15)El Condor Pasa <Recording
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Fantasy on Tango "El Choclo" by TSWO @ Today at 05:59 AM

Wow! Really a lot going on there! The instrumentation is awesome! I'm not sure I would write something that complex and dramatic at times over a tune simple and "cool" as el choclo, but I liked that you did You come close to "too much
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 3 things by metaresolve @ Today at 05:41 AM

Rerun: Quote:if you're in the US, sounds like a lot of doors will be opening up What do you mean by that? I haven't been paying attention to the job market. I worked in left-politics and stopped paying attention to anything after the general election
Member Recordings
Favorite Etude from the first set of Chopin Etudes :)) Hope you like it! https://youtu.be/N__pkGEW2Ho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gender aimed scores? I don't think so! by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 05:24 AM

This has really got me thinking a bit. I have only a modest yardstick on my own site and the stats for various titles. I have about ten percent pieces with frankly feminine names. About forty percent with classical titles such as "Prelude&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tom Brier Accident (August 2016) by wouter79 @ Today at 05:24 AM

Yes you're right. Apparently a truck crushed his car Apparently he's alive but in a wheel chair. I hope he can make it back to his playing https://www.reddit.com/r/piano/comments/4xyuqt/update_on_tom_brier_hopeful/ https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Design by joe80 @ Today at 04:58 AM

What Brodmann copied is the string layout. They haven't copied everything in the Steinway, they've copied enough for it to look like a Steinway to the naked eye, and it sounds a little bit like a Steinway, but it isn't a Steinway. There are many thin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by outo @ Today at 03:35 AM

40. noobpianist90 - Waltz in C# Minor Op.64 No. 2 I am not generally a fan of waltzes, but this is a lovely one. I can hear your love for this piece in your playing and I enjoyed it a lot. 41. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - In Church This was a nice choral
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When Did Estonia Become a "Premium" Brand? by phantomFive @ Today at 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By OriSubjectivity of tone is an entirely different matter. I met people who swore to me in all seriousness that their 1956 Wurlitzer spinet had an amazing tone that could rival the worlds finest pianos. It may be so, for them. If
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dealing with nervous performing students by Gary D. @ Today at 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By bennevis At the second - and last - festival I'll ever attend, I saw a ten-year old kid play the finale of a Haydn sonata. He was shaking visibly, and almost pushed onto the stage by a woman (I think it was his teacher). He start
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self taught 13yo needs advice by AZNpiano @ Today at 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By NomiddlenameOriginally Posted By bennevisAre you playing the orginal versions of those pieces, or simplified ones? I'm playing the original versions. As for what you said before, I understand. I'll put Rage on hold for the momen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HELP PURCHASING FIRST GRAND PIANO! by Norbert @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Ritmuller R9 Brodmann 167 Brodmann 187 Essex 155 "Comparing" pianos IMHO makes only sense if they are priced at same or at least 'similiar' price points. Otherwise, if considering a Brodmann 187 which is surely much higher than a Ritmulle
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Market value of Santos Rosewood Steinway Model A by Norbert @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Quote:My best advice is to go back to the person who sold the piano to you in 2015. She is likely to give you more money for the piano than any other dealer since she sold it originally. I very much doubt that. In similar cases I know involving the
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by JayGVan @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

That's rare to hear about an issue. You need to take that up with your retailer. We wouldn't send anything out from any Roland repair shop that's not 100% functional. So it simply cannot be a Roland refurb. Check with your retailer. Please do. We
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by JayGVan @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By broosterNew demo with many new sounds: Dawsons Music DP-90 The screen is showing the names of the sounds. Good sounds! Question for Jay - This is the only video that has the white lettering on a black background which is stu
Thank you for your reply. I learned that midi Bluetooth needs to be turned on in OSX or macOS. Once I did that it connected easily and works great!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Rickster is definitely the resident Baldwin R expert! I don't know what part of Maryland you live in, but I live just south of Maryland, and the Maryland suburbs of DC are part of my metro area. I watch Baldwin prices pretty regularly, and I agree
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Math? by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By Qazsedcft It's strange that no one has yet mentioned Schenkerian analysis and serialism. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serialism https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schenkerian_analysis Granted that it has more to do with composit
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!
Our Latest Free Newsletter!
-------------------
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to fix fallen string bar
by Dr.Gaga
Today at 04:15 AM
Scale Design
by Pneuma
Today at 02:24 AM
How do I tune an autoharp?
by TimR
Today at 12:19 AM
Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R?
by BillM
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
Your Video Christmas Card from TromboneAl
by TromboneAl
Yesterday at 04:54 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,749 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,762 Topics
2,575,900 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission