Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
89 registered (Albert Brighten, Alux, agraffe, Amosdoll, Ankur Sethi, 17 invisible), 1797 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts The end of our piano search by Pneuma @ 2 minutes 34 seconds ago

We started looking for a piano last May. After 6 months of search plus two months of waiting, our piano is finally here. I cannot tell you how excited our whole family is to see and play this piano. We have had a Yamaha digital piano for a few years
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will he ever grow to like classical music? by outo @ 3 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By Gary D. All people have comfort zones. The trick is to make that comfort zone larger. For many people it is a natural to look outside the zone when it gets too comfortable
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Kawai James @ 4 minutes 2 seconds ago

Thanks for the links brooster! Nice job from Tony at Bonners, as always. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: DP for 6 year old beginners by Kawai James @ 9 minutes 0 seconds ago

Congrats SSK! I hope the piano brings your family a lot of musical happiness. Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by AprilE @ 9 minutes 34 seconds ago

Please count me in, Swiss MS!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new piano out of the crate by PhilipInChina @ 18 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTAt some level being overly concerned with cosmetic issues misses the point of what a piano is for. Which is: Letting players express themselves with an instrument rich with the so
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise by PhilipInChina @ 19 minutes 56 seconds ago

But there is no tyre shop in my office. I don't know- and have almost forgotten about it all. The piano works well. Yesterday I polished it very well, so have also examined every inch of the case and there is nothing wrong with it. So perhaps it wa
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording individual notes when piano is tuned by slobajudge @ 22 minutes 4 seconds ago

Thank you Mark for your kind words, I was read that tuning a piano doesn`t work with electronic keyboard as a reference, but I was thinking maybe to piano itself after it was properly tuned and then listen and matching pitch - eliminate beats. Ha, no
Jump to new posts Re: Ship to Us from musicstore.de. Bad idea? by Kawai James @ 27 minutes 9 seconds ago

KHen, I also would not recommend purchasing and shipping a VPC1 from overseas. If the product is damaged during shipping, it will need to be return to the retailer for repair/replacement. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner 238 by PhilipInChina @ 27 minutes 26 seconds ago

No weakness in mine throughout the range, the bass is very good. The extra feature I notice in the tone of my Blüthner is the sizzle in the aliquot strung treble.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs. CA97 (and CA67) by Kawai James @ 29 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Gosshttps://youtu.be/HgAQxs3h_4E?t=1125 don't know where you live but in our country this can be had for the same price as the cs11 when you shop around.. May I ask if you have any links to those stores Goss? As Falsch notes, th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steingraeber 138 by Silver Handprint @ 33 minutes 31 seconds ago

Thanks, Goss. I relied on Steingraeber's website for information on their SFM action until I tried it myself at a friendly and hospitable dealer in Norway. The official website includes a more detailed document and a YouTube clip about custom magn
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Custom Cabinet by Kawai James @ 33 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By MickLLink to tutorial: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24409276/Pianoworld/VPC1%20tutorial.pdf If something is incorrect or unclear, just leave a message here and I will take a look at it Nice job MickL! Thank you for sha
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-575 vs Kawai CA67, but can't try out the latter by Kawai James @ 35 minutes 42 seconds ago

Hello RickardNi, thank you for sharing your detailed first impressions of the CA97, and nice photographs of the instrument in your home. I'm a little surprised that the CA's user interface (specifically navigating in and out of menus) continues to r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: JULIUS BLUTHNER, LEIPZIG, K.S.HOF.FABRIKANT, upright piano by Maximillyan @ 38 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By David-GOriginally Posted By MaximillyanOriginally Posted By David-GThank you Max. I think this instrument is about three years older than my Bluthner grand. here have № 13067 Thanks, I am always interested in old Bluthners.
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see your home made tuning hammers! by Maximillyan @ 44 minutes 3 seconds ago

Any metal can not be used for T-bar wrench. It should be enough hard material. It is also necessary to use a primitive forging equipment. To forge it's 4 lines pin. Here, the "how to make a homemade T-bar", sorry Russian only https://you
Jump to new posts Re: ROLI seaboard, any users out there ? by David Farley @ 53 minutes 4 seconds ago

There's an iOS app ROLI gives away for free if you want a simulacrum of the experience. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seaboard-5d/id1173937855?mt=8
Member Recordings
Metal Gear Solid V - Quiet's Theme (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Metal Gear Solid fans! (Or fans of Pewdiepie) Here is my piano cover of the beautiful "Quiet's Theme" that plays in the Kaz's Speech saying "Why are we still here? Just to s
Jump to new posts Re: Key top replacement by kpembrook @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By Phil StewartIt's not too difficult to make a sloped platform that will give you the correct taper. I'm not sure what kind of a jig you are using but I can easily adjust the angle on mine to take more off at the front. Well yea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you use the term 'contemporary classical'? by outo @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

I use the word classical in the broad sense easily because in my own language it's normal. We often refer to the period by classisism or Viennese classisism rather than just classical. So there's no problem saying contemporary classical, 19th century
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-20 Ivory Feel G action pictures by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

The RD-300NX is probably my second most-played piano, and I think I've developed quite the soft spot for the Ivory-Feel G in it. I haven't yet found another keybed that has as slip-resistant a finish, and the action is tight and heavy (IMO the heavie
Jump to new posts Re: Relative humidity in the 70s by Ed A. Hall @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Is this an upright or a grand? If it's an upright, have your piano technician install 2 50 watt Dampp Chaser rods and hook them up to the Dampp Chaser humidistat. Then behind the piano, install an undercover. I hope your piano has no MDF / particl
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By Beakybird . . . So the question is if the piano modeling in the RD2000 is more advanced than the current crop of high end Roland DPs or it's just new lingo. When the RD2000 "user manual" comes out, check the "
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does technique or playing the notes come first by keystring @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By dmdJust do what your teacher tells you to do and you will be just fine. Do you know what the OP's teacher is telling him to do? Unless we know that, we cannot make any statement. I would not want to make a statement in either
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dodeka keyboard by malkin @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By RubberFingersMaybe they should divide up the octave into 53 units. Why twelve? So traditional, so old-fashioned. That's the deal that whatchmacallit guy comes around every now and then to sell.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
Bösendorfer CEUS discontinued?
by Corvus
01/22/17 08:49 PM
Cord/Key Conflict
by TomGould
01/22/17 05:06 PM
Key top replacement
by kennyz
01/22/17 03:21 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,955 Topics
2,591,284 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission