Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
94 registered (anotherscott, augustm, ando, 27 invisible), 1256 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI wire, newbie question by Snail @ 3 minutes 48 seconds ago

So,if the dp has USB just a USB cable is enough to connect it to the computer with no device between them. But if i want to use a USB sound interface... well i have been looking at pictures of the ur22 and i am confussed. If the dp has midi i get it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about a Sojin 1989 RG-5 by Rickster @ 5 minutes 42 seconds ago

To my recollection, the Sojin is not very highly spoken of here on Piano World. However, Piano World is a great place to get info and advice, whether good, bad or ugly. And, you'll find that some dealers will dis a certain brand, unless they have o
Jump to new posts Played the Kawai CA17, 67, and 97 by maurus @ 31 minutes 7 seconds ago

Hi gals and guys, a few days ago I played the recent Kawai CA models in a large piano store that also had acoustic pianos of various brands (including the one I own). The DPs were set up in the same large room where the uprights were standing. I wa
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Garf @ 33 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Jay Roland Use a UM-ONEmkII MIDI/USB Interface in "Tab" mode connected to the USB Port where you put a memory stick in. It'll act as if it were a traditional MIDI out. Is there an official reference for this capabili
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How to go about learning jazz piano? by johan d @ 35 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Lost WoodsBig eye-opener for me was: +1 It sounds so true
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for budget portable DP setup by anotherscott @ 39 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Charles CohenPretty much the only "compact" fully-weighted keyboard (with sounds) is the Roland RD-64, which I think is way over budget for you. The Roland is also 28+ lbs, so actually 4+ lbs heavier than the PX150.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Playing for the ballet studio director today... by TwoSnowflakes @ 41 minutes 9 seconds ago

I was hoping I'd get a few months of ballet accompaniment exposure first before thinking about playing for other teachers, because the goal, for me, is bringing in the other advanced classes that currently don't have live accompaniment. But today t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another arghhh moment by TwoSnowflakes @ 50 minutes 31 seconds ago

I don't have a ton of experience but I've found that the first rehearsal working with an ensemble always makes me look like I've never seen this thing called a "piano" before and that after the next time together, things gel much faster. T
Jump to new posts Re: "Pianist" Digital Piano Guide 2016 by bennevis @ Today at 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By augustm The original post was pushing the issue as a true review; it is not. Fifteen of the thirty-odd digitals were reviewed by the two pianists, as well as "described". No, there is no 'score' given, or 'best buy' (
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The I WILL make practice recordings thread. by cathryn999 @ Today at 07:12 AM

I made a recording of a practice session, 3 weeks in to learning Pathetique 2nd mvmt (Adagio Cantabile). And I posted it on facebook for my friends to see. And the world didn't end! And I could immediately see the problem, pinkie curling, and su
Adult Beginners Forum
@TX-Bluebonnet @luvrofkeys @Jeffro Jones @blackjack1777: thank you! @blackjack1777: yeah, I agree that Standing in Need of Prayer is a fun piece to play. My second favourite after Alpine Melody up to this point. While I am trying to improve on SIN
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blues scale - six or nine notes? by peterws @ Today at 07:02 AM

Simplest mthod. . . If it sounds right it is right! Blues can have its variations too. Thats down to the zrtist.
Originally Posted By andoI'd get better in-ear monitors. It sounds like the ones you are using are not full-range. I'm sure there are models out there that have a frequency response closer to your Sennheisers. You can go off frequency curves (graphs)
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Fugue14I'll take the relatively stoic demeanor of Horowitz or Righter over Lang Lang's orgasmic antics any day. (Not to mention their playing...) It's not a choice between two extremes. Also, Horowitz and Richter were quite expre
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 06:35 AM

60. raubucho - The Highlander Calm down raubucho Technology can be a problem sometimes, but we are not judging the quality of the sound. Just relax and enjoy your playing. This is your second submission to this recitals, right? I can see some good p
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Midi editor program by Nikolas @ Today at 06:31 AM

Every midi editor I know of comes in a sequencer and has TOTAL control over ALL the midi controllers! So I'm not sure which one you saw. In any case try repear. It has an unlimited *ahem* trial last I checked (which was a long time ago... ok), and i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this professional by Albunea @ Today at 05:51 AM

Happy Birthday, johan! I thought the same as johan, AZNpiano, that those recitals must be a small congregation of people who in general know who is studying what (and some of them will know where). In any case, I think the best you can do is to be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is a Kawai KL-704? by Withindale @ Today at 05:39 AM

The market in England is different but here is some advice from a recent post, "Good places to sell are on Craigslist or Piano World's own classifieds."
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to know if the piano is not tuned ? by David Boyce @ Today at 05:10 AM

Quote:And yet... There's something incredibly relaxing about a ferel piano in its own context that has returned to nature. ....it's delightful. Yes but it's not good when they breed unchecked (someone pick up on potential pun here) and a local comm
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By bennevisBut, partly because I can't post my recordings here without compromising my anonymity, and partly because I have no interest in doing so, I'd never post my recordings here, or give the link t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing teachers guilt by Brian Lucas @ Today at 04:48 AM

I wouldn't sweat it too much. We all go to different people to learn different things. I've had tons of teachers over the years and still do (though when professionals go to one, we call them "coaches". I guess it sounds better.). Not every
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Isolating notes for acapella singer by Albunea @ Today at 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By Brian Lucas[quote=PianoStudent88] PS: I'd still encourage her to get together with friends on the other parts to hear how they work together. Blend is a big part of choral singing. I was practicing my part in a choir with the
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Nordomus @ Today at 04:22 AM

kushy28- I would definitely get LX-7. This years models have much better keyboard and much better sound engine and few more features. So among those three eighter LX-17 or LX-7 IMO.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need to sell my piano . . . by Markarian @ Today at 04:11 AM

Sorry to hear you need to sell your instrument, Mercurygirl. Will you be getting a digital in the meantime? Also, where do you live, when do you need to sell the piano? A Yamaha that old and that small will not exactly command a king's ransom. Good
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Casio AP-650 by Charles Cohen @ Today at 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By Moonsh1neI think if you were going to hook it into the computer, you can just plug the line out into the line in on the PC, no need for any software piano. +1. That works perfectly if the PC has a stereo Line In. Some do, so
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Played the Kawai CA17, 67, and 97
by maurus
11/30/15 08:01 AM
Playing for the ballet studio director today...
by TwoSnowflakes
11/30/15 07:51 AM
MIDI wire, newbie question
by Snail
11/30/15 06:55 AM
Is this professional?
by AZNpiano
11/30/15 03:58 AM
Tender Manifesto: Courage and Confidence
by SiFi
11/30/15 02:03 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,600 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,681 Topics
2,471,020 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission