Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading problems by Colin Thomson @ 13 minutes 33 seconds ago

Hey pianosNpreschooler, I don't want to be sales-y, but your issues are exactly why I started www.SightReadingAcademy.com Right now, I only have level 1 (corresponding with ABRSM levels), but I'll be releasing more very soon. The beauty of my syste
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cable Nelson Upright by Paul678 @ 16 minutes 54 seconds ago

Ok, I did a free rough tuning on this piano, and unfortunately, it has seriously loose pins. All of of the fifth octave, and part of the sixth, had the middle string of the tri-chords so loose that the pitch would drop as soon as I let go of the t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Recording p105 to mac by toddy @ 54 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JcKeysHi.. Sorry to say, but the p-105 will not work with a Mac. As in, it will not be able to send/receive MIDI messages thru USB. Yes you can rec Audio thru an audio interface but not MIDI. The reason being Yamaha does not h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Are Piano Lessons Usually by Purkoy @ 57 minutes 51 seconds ago

I pay the equivalent of about US$50 for a 60 minute lesson weekly. She's very flexible if I have to miss a slot (which is rare), and provided I give her a couple of days' notice, will fit me in at some other time that week.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Incredibly short fugue by larryz @ Today at 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist Instead, study counterpoint and write species exercises, then graduate to inventions This is interesting. While Fux does take you from species into fuga form (which could perhaps be seen as more complicated than bac
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 Order Cancelled by slipperykeys @ Today at 04:56 AM

When I bought my first electric piano (yes, that's what I called it then and still do now) it was a Roland RD300s. I could not try one, there were never any available for demonstration, they sold out too quickly. I ordered it in mid January 1990, 50
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, check out this baby! by backto_study_piano @ Today at 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyI'm curious. Is there something special about an ad for a fine piano? Petrofs aren't exactly rare. Or anything special - I did my diploma exam on a Petrof grand - which I'd consider one of the worst pianos I'v
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: George R Walter upright by landorrano @ Today at 04:01 AM

Thanks for your responses. About the piano being in the corner of a small room, I hadn't thought of this and it surely contributes to what I heard. Still I wonder whether this is part of the conception of the piano. Or if it is rather a problem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Steinway Austria Benjamin BE-117 by bmc100 @ Today at 03:59 AM

Does anybody know anything about Steinway's Benjamin line of upright pianos? As far as I can find they are only sold in Austria. As Essex they are made in China but are they made in the same factory to the same standards? I am interested in buying a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult? by trigalg693 @ Today at 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SiFiAnything that I can play, even imperfectly, is excluded from the list. LOL I wonder how high my technical limits are sometimes. I can "think" of all the notes in op.25 no.6 as I play, but only barely. Th
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Nikolas @ Today at 02:55 AM

Wait... Shorts ok... But no hair coming out of the chest? It's the summer! Oh well... here goes my hopes! This will be a three way post. Started off being funny, I'll move on to a serious note and then to some judgemental part for this forum. __
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bone chilling ending to pieces by mp15 @ Today at 02:50 AM

Rachmaninoff's B minor Prelude. It's a different sort of chill, but the last part of The Art of Fugue gets to me as well.
Piano Forum
"Static touch-weight measurements will tell you nothing about how a piano feels." Maybe true once, but technology has surpassed that now, Static and Dynamic measuremnents can be taken and used for consistent results. You may actually enjo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trinity ATCL exam questions by BruceD @ Today at 02:25 AM

I presume you have read the requirements for the ATCL performance examination : ATCL 32 to 38 [...] Duration of pieces refers to the time taken in the examination to play all of the pieces on the programme, and does not include time taken arrivin
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by SiFi @ Today at 01:58 AM

Curently listening to your performance of the the same piece in 2011 (I guess at your home). Very fluent, almost no mistakes. Superb!
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski Improvisation by Ted @ Today at 01:16 AM

Very enjoyable. I had no idea you improvised at all, and I look forward to hearing more, possibly entirely your own material next time ?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: helpers wanted, interactive PC piano teaching game by russellambrose @ Today at 01:00 AM

I have tested the game with many children and they like the coins, what else can I give them on the internet? Is there anyone out there who want to try the game? I will send a download link, you need a PC and a MIDI keyboard.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Gypsy Jazz? by Elssa @ Today at 01:00 AM

I see some great Latin songs like Tico-Tico and Brazil are also listed in this book:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin BB fair price by lotsofquestions @ Today at 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Piano_BrazilDear lots, Reviewing your post, I became very curious about how is being your experience with your BB over the last 2 years. Me too own a similar instrument in Brazil, and am delighted with it! Just uploaded a short
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by outo @ Today at 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive Well, if I had carpal tunnel and overcame it, I would feel very, very happy; not everyone does that, so congrats are in order! I think I had kind of forgotten about how stressing it was But I see what you mean, I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by phantomFive @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: StefoI don't believe in talent. I mean, of course, in some areas, like sports, there are people more skilled than others because of their genetic heritage. But we are talking about brain. And our brain, A
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Official: Fryderyk Chopin died of TB! by phantomFive @ Today at 12:01 AM

Chopin died of a broken heart. Never recovered.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pletnev - Poise under duress by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: vers la flan If you are unfamiliar with the work, did you notice where he slipped? Not exactly sure which slip you are referring to. There are quite a few sprinkled throughout, some are a little more egregious than others.
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: voxpopsCharles, thanks for your impressions. When you say RD-80, do you actually mean FP-80 (the one with built-in speakers)? Or do you mean the RD-800 stage piano (with no speakers). I assume it's the former, as the latter is a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottOriginally Posted By: Poverit's the first time I ever encountered it. You need cross-rhythm scales. What are those?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway Austria Benjamin BE-117
by bmc100
09/20/14 03:59 AM
Trinity ATCL exam questions
by slava_richter
09/19/14 09:54 PM
JBL LSR305 monitors too noisy for DP usage?
by Emiliano
09/19/14 09:52 PM
Pletnev - Poise under duress
by vers la flan
09/19/14 07:34 PM
Chopin Op 10 No 6
by Cheeto717
09/19/14 07:08 PM
Who's Online
44 registered (Colin Thomson, Beemer, casinitaly, cmoody31, alfredo capurso, 4 invisible), 873 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76253 Members
42 Forums
157637 Topics
2315440 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission