Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (AllanH, Alexander Borro, ajames, aileen529, accordeur, 31 invisible), 1782 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By JohnSprungGiven that it's from a private seller, what kind of space is it in now, and how does it sound there? It's actually in another state, and if it falls through with the other potential buyer I'll be flying out to play i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How well do most people take care of their pianos? by BruceD @ 2 minutes 34 seconds ago

Spoiler Content Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to practise to play relaxed by johan d @ 2 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By StubbieOne other thing that might help--if you spend time at the computer, either typing or using a touchpad, make sure your hands are relaxed there as well. If you are teaching yourself tension and undesirable hand/finger posit
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by OneWatt @ 4 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By NahumF. Chopin and A. Rubinstein edify students to listen to outstanding singers as an example and to sing with own voice executable melodies . Someone wants to refute this method? Unlikely.Meaning to singing for a pianist
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Might have to switch from PC to Apple by JohnSprung @ 5 minutes 35 seconds ago

They're more into i-things: pads, pods, phones. I'd not make the switch, as it seems computers are too old fashioned and uncool for them now -- a ho hum sideline to their main business.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by look_alive @ 9 minutes 51 seconds ago

Here's my piano room with "new" (to me) Kawai GE-2. Loving it so far! Now to shop for a rug AND convince the SO to clear some shelf space for sheet music! Moving in:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by scorpio @ 13 minutes 32 seconds ago

12. Béla Bartók : Play ( https://youtu.be/XN9GBcSqjnY )
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Do I Need An iPad.... by Groove On @ 25 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By tabberOne thing that would be awesome (as someone who really needs to improve his sight reading), is an iPad companion app that you put on the music stand, it presents you with random music and marks you on accuracy by monitoring
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by Valencia @ 25 minutes 57 seconds ago

Some great progress here! I’m meandering somewhat and haven't started memorizing at all, and also haven’t really done much with page 2, or even finished with page 1. Here is a snippet of my playing in progress for the first half of the first pa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A revelation on uprights by JohnSprung @ 28 minutes 42 seconds ago

Pretty much anybody can do a little bit of rapid repetition by using more fingers. For instance, even I can do three in a row using R4, R3, and R2 lined up in a row and sliding off the end of the key. That won't cover all musical needs, but it sho
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences by emenelton @ 32 minutes 21 seconds ago

If you use the front combo jacks with TRS, make sure to set it to LINE and not INSTRUMENT
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I am searching for the name of a villain piano theme by Almaviva @ 35 minutes 39 seconds ago

@ Servus - you're very welcome!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertigo on the Piano Bench? by ebonykawai @ 39 minutes 55 seconds ago

You have some sort of inner ear thing going on. It might just be a virus, that went through my building at work a few years ago. Everyone was getting vertigo, then it burned out. If your hearing is not affected and you haven't noticed anything differ
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by Valencia @ 42 minutes 54 seconds ago

Sorry for this very late post. I just wanted to thank everyone for listening to my submissions and Outo, peterws, Pathbreaker, Jytte, carey, SwissMS, Andy Platt, noobpianist90, Morodiene, wimpiano for your specific comments on my pieces. And thank
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is a fair price for a new Yamaha U1 in Canada? by michaelha @ 46 minutes 13 seconds ago

Norbert has a good point. If you're stuck on the Yamaha U1 and the dealer knows it then they have leverage. Shop around, try different pianos, make them compete for your business.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Short list of music you'd like to play by WhoDwaldi @ 49 minutes 0 seconds ago

Bach: Prelude and Fugue in F Minor, WTC II Beethoven: Andante Favori Wild-Gershwin: Embraceable You
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Websites with digital sheet music by JohnSprung @ 56 minutes 15 seconds ago

For public domain popular music in PDF's scanned from the original published sheet music, there's an extremely valuable resource in the Lester S. Levy collection at Johns Hopkins: http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/ They have information on songs t
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by 8 Octaves @ Today at 02:13 PM

I remember when we got ours years ago reading from Yamaha engineering write-up that the AG N3 uses 256 velocity values when using its internal sound engine. When you use the N3 as a MIDI controller, it down-sample to 128 values to comply with MIDI s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meet Frank Baxter! by Rich Galassini @ Today at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By BruceD It's so good to meet (on video) the "Father" of PW to whom so many of us owe so much! Regards, I prefer to think of him as the ArchBishop of PW. Thanks Bruce.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M? by Retsacnal @ Today at 02:08 PM

The M is a very nice little piano. I have one myself (click the link in my signature below if you want to read about my search). My understanding is that the "2" in M2 only signifies subtle design changes over time in the plate, not the p
Jump to new posts Re: BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND? by spanishbuddha @ Today at 02:00 PM

Well there's lightweight streetwise gigging, and I agree with the NUMA Compact. Then there's band, and/or event gigging where a car and helper may be available, but still I agree with the OP that a DGX is out. For that anything from PX5S, RD800, CP4,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
What I always did to check my tunings was to play each key separately, listening for the non-vibrating sound which meant that I had all the strings tuned to the same pitch. (This was hard for me to learn as a goal, having trained as a violinist and b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by 8 Octaves @ Today at 01:52 PM

Had my first 6-hour practice day this Sunday. I think this broke my previous record of a 4-hour Sunday. It included 30/70 acoustic/digital time. I spent time learning techniques on something that I couldn't on the digital, and a whole bunch of tim
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pedal Notation? by fizikisto @ Today at 01:40 PM

Blackjack, A lot of times it might depend on the nature of the piece. If it's a classical piece, there's a strong tendency to notate things like pedaling the same way the composer did (even in easier arrangements of the piece). This is to help
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts Site unreachable every 15 seconds by Nahum @ Today at 01:34 PM

What's going on with the site? I have it unreachable every 15 seconds, and the need to repeat the procedure several times. Send a post and see it took me 15 minutes now.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is $7900 a good price for a 1998 Baldwin M?
by Cerecita
04/21/15 12:27 PM
Advice about buying a 1971 5’8 Yamaha G2 sold by Story & Clark
by sbweldon
04/21/15 12:11 PM
Beethoven Sonata Op.79
by Works1
04/21/15 11:14 AM
Please help - new Steinway B
by chasingrainbows
04/21/15 10:58 AM
I am searching for the name of a villain piano theme
by Servus
04/21/15 10:44 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,977 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,412 Topics
2,398,265 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission