Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
84 registered (Bellicapelli, alwatson, Ayla, Amusingprofessor, barbaram, 36251, 19 invisible), 1057 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CPU Urgently needed. by JonHig @ 1 minute 57 seconds ago

Thank you Toddy. I already sent an email to him earlier today!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha soundboards and back posts by Ben_NZ @ 7 minutes 44 seconds ago

Wow, I didn't know Yamaha produced upright pianos in anything other than black box cases. Some of them look quite nice. If I were you, I'd try to play a few new 'black box' Yamahas which are a close match (price and height) for the 118cm-high M3 you'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can I better learn jazz piano? by iLaw @ 8 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Claire Davas I'm decent at the piano ... chords, scales and arpeggios ... blues scales and various 7th and 9th chords ... Aebersold CD ... fake book ... Claire, You haven't mentioned the most important things; the players and
Jump to new posts Re: Roland fp4 -Help! by Ayla @ 8 minutes 21 seconds ago

Thanks! What do you think is so good about the casio px160?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme with Variations e-cital: Part 1 by nhpianos @ 16 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By GanddalfAbout the performance I can just say that I'm impressed. So much delicacy and musical expression. Your technique is awesome. Thanks for your contribution. Thanks, Ganddalf. Of my three submissions I was most pleased wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by nhpianos @ 27 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By RubberFingersBoy, that 6th variation is hard for me to like. Not because of how well you played it though! Thanks, RubberFingers - frankly this was not be best effort musically, but at least I hit most of the right keys on this
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-terrible sight readers --> now great readers! by SwissMS @ 30 minutes 26 seconds ago

Have fun with the Wessar app, sinophilia! Theoretically, ABRSM tests at two grades below the grade that the candidate is sitting. So, the grade 5 sight reading tests should be roughly grade 3. I think they are actually harder than that though. The W
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Is The Most Difficult Piano Piece Ever Written? by Doritos Flavoured @ 31 minutes 22 seconds ago

that Ligeti was atrocious, but thankfully just one note throughout and ending in a perfect cadence. no asinine atonal nonsense in sight, though he was still making a point about rhythm, structure and expression as driving forces in the absence of ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by sinophilia @ Today at 06:23 AM

Philip Glass, wow! I'm reading his memoir - he comes across as a super interesting and positive person. Would like to try some of his piano music.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ Today at 05:43 AM

Originally Posted By SwissMSIf every practice session was this focused I would avoid a lot of the "fixing" down the road. So true! My AOTW is a real breakthrough in my Chopin piece. I haven't been prioritising it in terms of time spent o
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by mcoll @ Today at 05:21 AM

Thanks for that info! Now I know what's the bare minimum price I can look at. May I ask on what do you base that? Have you tried it or are you associated with modartt or have you seen that stated somewhere? I only ask because I want to know if I shou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by Jean Claude @ Today at 05:10 AM

It is a little odd to read of Chopin as a Polish composer, I think of him as French. Although he may have been born in Poland he took the earlist opportunity to move to France. And who shall blame him? And before anybody gets on my back about this
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano note decay time? by Withindale @ Today at 05:06 AM

Ian, I agree with your point, it's the first few seconds that should count. A dynamic spectrum analyser will show you how the partials decay over time. One such is n-Track Tuner. Maybe the EPT analyser integrates the power of the note over time
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Learning Jazz Piano need advice on timing practice. by happyhacker @ Today at 04:45 AM

I can play with the metronome quavers in 4/4 or 3/4, etc. but when i introduce a semiquaver at various intervals I find it hard to keep good timing. Has anyone a set of routines I could use to practice on or any other advice appreciated. thanks.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Maybe something like this: Woww!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Steinway Centennial by Gadzar @ Today at 04:09 AM

Rosewood
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adding Muffler Rail to Upright Piano by johnbarnesiii @ Today at 03:39 AM

Are there other options on the market besides the Quiet Keys product?
Adult Beginners Forum
Just pick up some pieces you used to know, maybe some of the easier ones and try to relearn them. I stopped for 7 years and picked right back up pretty much fine so you have a huge advantage of only having stopped for 2-3 years. I don't think it wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Printed piano music by sinophilia @ Today at 02:57 AM

I just started to use the crop function in ForScore (iPad app) - it's great for those tiny scores with too much blank space around. After cropping, I can put the iPad Pro in landscape and have two large enough pages in front of me, which I couldn't r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Theme with variations e-cital: Part 2 by Ganddalf @ Today at 02:49 AM

At last a comment on Tim’s second submission: “Spatials” composed by George Walker. I always try to challenge myself when encountering contemporary music. 12-tone music is generally very hard to get into, and this piece is no exception. Tonal
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by candlelightpiano @ Today at 02:00 AM

Thanks, Raubucho. I didn't notice all that when I was recording during the daytime. You're hilarious!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert D 946 Three Piano Pieces by Orange Soda King @ Today at 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By CanCakmurDear friends, thank you very much for your kind words. It makes me extremely happy to see what i do with Schubert, who is my favourite composer, is meaningful and reaches the listener. My favorite composer to play as
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Technique by JoelW @ Today at 12:56 AM

Reminds me of the Lennon quote.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:26 AM

I can't answer the question with enough authority to be highly specific about what design information is now digitized in any piano company. I do know that the Kelly foundry, which is wholly owned by Steinway, now has CNC machining to drill the cas
Jump to new posts Re: Good PA System for jazz piano combo gigs by Dave Ferris @ Today at 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By SkyscrapersaxWhen you used the Corus, did you use the mono patch of the Roland RD700GX? Somewhat off topic, do you ever use a sampled or modeled piano with laptop on gigs (e.g., Ivory, Pianoteq)? Do they have better mono imple
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learning Jazz Piano need advice on timing practice.
by happyhacker
05/03/16 04:45 AM
CPU Urgently needed.
by JonHig
05/03/16 02:34 AM
I'm returning to piano. How can I get started again?
by frenebo
05/03/16 12:30 AM
How can I better learn jazz piano?
by Claire Davas
05/02/16 10:25 PM
Kawai Piano Models History
by McBuster
05/02/16 08:02 PM
Forum Stats
83,491 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,363 Topics
2,520,748 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission