Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Let me guess.. Your not a finance major.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Polyphonist @ 27 seconds ago

But you're not doing a recital like that.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vs Ritmuller by cromax @ 4 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: cromax EDIT: Yes it was kind of a story for selling it but even if the piano was from 2004 he could have selled it later am I right? No. It's a used piano. No dealer keeps a piano in their showroom for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Pinblocks & bridges... How long do they last? by Piano Practice @ 6 minutes 26 seconds ago

Hello Everyone, Iím seriously considering the purchase of either a rebuilt Mason & Hamlin A or Mason & Hamlin AA grand piano, specifically, one made prior to 1930ónew hammers, strings, etc. Assuming the piano has not been in any adverse c
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by slowtraveler @ 10 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: voxpopsThis is a frequent problem that is cured by placing a mixer or other preamp in the signal chain between instrument and speakers. Even low priced small mixers these days are of good quality and will not color the sound muc
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano? by JohnSprung @ 15 minutes 16 seconds ago

Nothing much -- coins, pencils, marbles, sequins, deceased rodents....
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano "hissing" by MacMacMac @ 22 minutes 10 seconds ago

Forty years ago only the most expensive audio equipment was hiss-free. Not so today. You should hear no hiss at all. If you do, it's either a design defect or a manufacturing defect. Either way it's not acceptable. Take it back!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by keystring @ 31 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TimR But, the parent can take a sample lesson with each of the area teachers. But will the parents know what to pay attention to? Again, I'm going back to my experience as parents and then new student over a decade ago, and co
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by JohnSprung @ 32 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Shabbat Shalom (in our case, I believe the target should be thought of as the beginning of the sound rather than the bottom of the keyboard. Yes, absolutely right. Once the jack trips out from under the knuckle, the hammer f
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by dewster @ 39 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: voxpops...I think it was a bad move for Roland to dump the standard IEC three-pin socket in favor of the two-pin type that Nord used to use. I like the 3 pin as well and for the reasons you list, but designing it into a product
Jump to new posts Re: Installing plain wire: no twists involved by A443 @ 40 minutes 34 seconds ago

Isaac et al., out of curiosity: if you were to put you finger on the eyelet [against the table], which direction does the natural curvature of the wire follow? Is it upwards, flat against the table to the right/left, or something else? FYI: I aim fo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Old ManOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistI see. It just seems silly, though, to limit yourself to such a narrow range when there is so much better music out there. "Better" to whom? When you reach a certain age, you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coursera - Developing Your Musicianship by N17 @ 45 minutes 22 seconds ago

I also feel most of the course has been pretty basic so far. I agree the ear training and interval recognition has been the most beneficial aspect so far. I've tried improving ear training with apps but the course has improved my ear much more than
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing custom patches for Ravenscroft? by Michael Wright @ 45 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TonioAside from that, you mentioned "...factory patch".....maybe I'm missing something really important...where are these factory patches? I take that to mean just load the instrument, and donít mess with it, just pla
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!! by Sam S @ 47 minutes 36 seconds ago

I like the way VL plays "Big My Secret". She has the finger control to bring out the melody lines no matter where they are in the forest of notes and make everything else just a whisper. I love the way the treble runs sparkle above everythi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by keystring @ 51 minutes 13 seconds ago

That does seem to be true.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Any lefties? by thalbergmad @ 54 minutes 48 seconds ago

Interesting thread. It would never have occurred to me that I might be at a disadvantage being a lefty pianist, since within reasonably parameters, both hands are operating in a similar fashion. However, playing a right handed banjo was impossible f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by Minnesota Marty @ 55 minutes 35 seconds ago

I hope that WN&G actions hold up better, when dealing with stress, than Calvin if he did bail.
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by LarryShone @ Today at 03:02 PM

These are hilarious!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Polyphonist Don't you think someone should know that if they're trying to learn it? You could have made the OP aware of the fact instead of saying something so snide to an innocent poster. You really are a lonely loser with no
Adult Beginners Forum
This is enjoyable. Here's a couple of comments to start with: 1. SwissMS/Doris - Song of the Lark I like the care and thoughtfulness with which you play - so unlike me The result is such musicality and gracefulness - very nice. 2. sinophilia (Dian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Spinoff: What do we think of "technique seminars"? by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 02:46 PM

Specifically, those who run workshops that purport to teach a particular technique? I'm not much into labeling things because it so naturally lends itself to a "one size fits all" kind of approach that, even if true for most, can't be true
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by Polyphonist @ Today at 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: catersThe contrabass can play down to c in the great octave with an 8vb written but it sounds as if it is playing an octave lower than written. Thus my reasoning towards extended pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by peterws @ Today at 02:24 PM

Well, the stuff I`m submitting will be so slow, you`ll either fall off (if you`re riding a bike to it) or fall asleep listening. . . it`s SO SLOW you could ALMOST sight read it and record in the same session. . .wouldn`t that be great? The word &quo
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Yamaha P-255 by voxpops @ Today at 02:15 PM

Joe, I haven't tried the Kawais, yet. My last foray into Kawai territory was the MP6, which was a great instrument but just needed a little work on the APs and the finger/sound connection. Every time I listen to the ES100 I like the tone, although I
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (accordeur, 36251, 49 invisible), 1818 Guests and 56 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74230 Members
42 Forums
153548 Topics
2250367 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pinblocks & bridges... How long do they last?
by Piano Practice
3 minutes 22 seconds ago
Spinoff: What do we think of "technique seminars"?
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 02:46 PM
Questions about Chopin Nocturne Op. 27 No. 2 in D Flat Minor
by noobpianist90
Today at 01:51 PM
A new performance experience... Need advice.
by Svenno
Today at 01:46 PM
Thoughts on the Yamaha P-255
by voxpops
Today at 01:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission