Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: grand care by malkin @ 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jdwWait, why would barefoot playing bother you? We play the keys with bare hands, after all . I don't tend to play barefoot because it hurts my feet--but no harm to the piano! My bare foot has an icky, sticky feeling on the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Four-note chord fingerings by Art_Vandelay @ 4 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: J.T.1986I know this is an old thread, but i found it and thought better than to start a new one . My teacher now has me practicing 4-note chords in all inversions, block and broken. the broken chords are fine, but the block cho
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: A443...how much the piano is played, and how much string levelling occurs (i.e., pulling up to level strings, on a piano with a thick capo contact point, will make the problem worse... Are you saying that you only pull up when
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP142 vs Casio PX750 by toddy @ 7 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesIf you are doing ABRSM, then just bite the bullet and get the Yamaha CLP-525 or Kawai CN24. You will outgrow the entry-level stuff by ABRSM 4 and you'll have to upgrade then anyway. The P155 would be just as capable
Jump to new posts Re: Fascinating Restoration Video by Olek @ 13 minutes 36 seconds ago

thanks for the update.. any source ? bridge agrafe as well impact the tone with some metallic ring. This is an excerpt from a recent book (2000) but the technology may be a little dated. Anyway I find exceptional the description of the "stress
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by SMHaley @ 17 minutes 5 seconds ago

While intelligent wire choices and hammers are certainly key, I would also be curious of the state of the soundboard and bridges. This is from 1928 after all and not likely to be perfect.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by wouter79 @ 28 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OliviaWalter My question now is: how do I improve? Well you just set the only important step: wanting to improve Originally Posted By: OliviaWalter just by playing different pieces? No, rather the opposite, polish a pi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering what to play by Saranoya @ 28 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 8 OctavesYou have to memorize in chunks, and maybe only a few chunks a day, certainly not to the end of the piece unless we're talking about a very short piece of music. Good advice. Do this not only because it will strengthen
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by toddy @ 29 minutes 20 seconds ago

Do you mean a Wurlitzer sound more like this? https://soundcloud.com/naughty-toad/roland-wurltitzer
Jump to new posts Re: Will USB 3 & new ssd speeds make a difference? by johnlewisgrant @ 29 minutes 57 seconds ago

Thanks very much. Very useful info. I guess I'm good to go, even with my now 5-year-old i7/12gig/usb 2/fast track ultra set up. Thing is, with the new really fast SSDs (Samsung) plus of course usb 3, seems to me that some of the big sample
Jump to new posts In need for that screaming, dirty, funky, rhodes sound by Thomas B @ 36 minutes 9 seconds ago

Hi everybody, recently, my band is trying to play more funky stuff apart from the latin and swing standards we normally play. I really love the keyboard sound from a recording by Nils Landgren: I use the Neo-Soul Keys in the Kontakt player
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie Needs Help by PianoJill @ 38 minutes 35 seconds ago

I see. Thank you for the followup.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by BruceD @ 49 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: gooddogOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: gooddogOh, this brings to mind something I just learned at the VCM Summ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators: Why was my Old Steinway Thread Deleted? by iObsessed @ 50 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: the nosy ape Even though it is found in the rules and in other places, it bears repeating that this is a family site. There are quite a few teenagers that participate here and I know for a fact that it is read by pre-teens. So
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by iLaw @ 59 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Plowboy ... Find a good one that you can afford, stop analyzing and hand wringing and buy it. ... then start practicing. A great performance on an old Story & Clark beats a ham-fisted performance on a Steingraeber E-272 e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano player wanted... by briansaddleback @ Today at 03:06 PM

Im just glad to see that someone wants a piano player. Here in orange county you see nothing of that sort, unless you walk into Nordstrom. But even the Nordstrom here has gotten rid of their piano and placed a couch there instead.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky, Poem No. 1, "Devotion" by RachFan @ Today at 03:03 PM

Hi Tim, I'm happy that you enjoyed this recording so much. I appreciate it! This was my first time playing a Godowsky piece. (His scores can be daunting.) You mentioned playing the long line. Yes, I tried to establish the necessary "sweep"
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone by Polyphonist @ Today at 02:50 PM

I find myself continually astonished by Godowsky's pianistic ingenuity. The fugue, especially, is extraordinarily innovative - no composer before or since has been able to create works like this for only half a pianist. Godowsky is famously quoted as
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by Markarian @ Today at 02:44 PM

$10K each plus freight and storage? http://youtu.be/gvdf5n-zI14
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Graduates by AndresD @ Today at 02:43 PM

I finished book 1 and currently working on book 2, I still go back sometimes to practice somewhere over the rainbow
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schnabel the composer? by gynnis @ Today at 02:37 PM

interesting alternative to the second Viennese school.
Jump to new posts Chopin: Mazurka in G-sharp minor, Op. 33 No. 1 by JoelW @ Today at 02:21 PM

Learned this yesterday. It's not completely polished yet, but it's a rainy day here and I thought it would be a nice day to record. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk_39jSkgS0&feature=youtu.be
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude (this one isn't a joke) by carey @ Today at 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusIt wasn't sarcasm. I know - I was just kidding. Thus the happy face.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performing Chopin's preludes by JoelW @ Today at 02:18 PM

20-21 is a great pair. 21-22 wouldn't be bad either. 21 is actually probably the best major-key prelude in the whole set in my opinion.
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital piano has the heaviest keys? by toddy @ Today at 01:37 PM

The RD700 is even lighter than RHII (ES7 etc), the RD800 is similar but slightly heavier and more cushioned than the RD700. That's why the PHAIII (RD700) is so good - it's like a grand regulated to a lighter feel. Decisive and responsive, but not hea
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
156 registered (accordeur, 88 Fingers Jeff, 36251, A Guy, 42 invisible), 1811 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156101 Topics
2292298 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
In need for that screaming, dirty, funky, rhodes sound
by Thomas B
07/23/14 03:36 PM
Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone
by Polyphonist
07/23/14 02:50 PM
piano player wanted...
by David Farley
07/23/14 02:38 PM
Wurlitzer electric piano sound
by 88 Fingers Jeff
07/23/14 01:24 PM
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
by Piano World
07/23/14 01:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission