Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (Anita Potter, Auver, accordeur, Anne'sson, A Guy, ando, 39 invisible), 1690 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV-1 by Markarian @ 4 minutes 26 seconds ago

The Krome's action doesn't hold a candle to the Casio's. The Yamaha you mentioned I haven't encountered so I don't know.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by ElaineAllegro @ 16 minutes 31 seconds ago

Thank you (zrtf90/Richard) and verqueue for the suggestion to break this measure up, and also for the suggestion short-term to start the slow-down a few measures earlier. I think this will be very helpful.
Adult Beginners Forum
Quote:Please just stop the madness now! Thank you TrapperJohn, I think some people just like to be victims of any offence real or imagined as something to protest for attention. There is not a racist, sexist, homophobic, atheist bone in me but my
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA95 - Any Firmware Updates by McBuster @ 24 minutes 43 seconds ago

I did spot this thread for v1.07 http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...20software.html Anything beyond this? .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway k-52 by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 37 minutes 27 seconds ago

BDB, I think our disagreement is not directly an issue of the particular mechanics of a particular type of piano-but rather our view of professionalism differs. I think piano technicians should "represent" our client interests. If a piano
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by scorpio @ 39 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesApologies for asking a silly question, but did you connect your headphones to the 'PHONES' socket on the front?Yes, I am using the socket on the front left. Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesAlso, can you post a pictu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ 45 minutes 26 seconds ago

Thanks for the explanation, 8 Octaves. Meanwhile, look at this moon:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's heart exhumed in secret. by bennevis @ 48 minutes 33 seconds ago

"Please, please. It's not a holy relic". (Salieri to Wolfie who'd kissed his hand, mimicking Emperor Joseph in Amadeus )
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by David W @ 50 minutes 5 seconds ago

Thanks everyone who responded. Appreciate your feedback very much. As I was busy this weekend and couldn't wait for next week, I took a few hours off last Friday to try the Rolands again . I visited a different shop, and unfortunately they didn't ha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by jim ialeggio @ 55 minutes 55 seconds ago

So, to be clear, you are widening the capo sections. The top capo as well??? I'm working light hammers as well, and have been for a while. Though I comfortably work the strike surface with needles, Things can get puffy up there if one is not careful
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by Steve Cohen @ 56 minutes 8 seconds ago

In most instances hammerfelt separation is indicative of more serious problems. Have you had a tech evaluate the pianos?
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Grantouch GT 10 by Pete14 @ Today at 10:15 AM

I believe the inputs are 1/4"; however, I'm not 100% certain. Make sure to check these connections when you check out the instrument. If possible, bring your laptop and try running Pianoteq through the instrument's on-board speakers. These instr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oy oy oy by malkin @ Today at 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianDX...how do teachers know ...? Seems like a mystical process to me. Good teachers have special powers.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which part of the chord rests by Anita Potter @ Today at 10:02 AM

I've heard super fast-super trilly to a guy playing it at half tempo and about as trilly as I get Sometimes I really like it when a super fast piece is played just a bit slower it gives you a different mood.
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by dire tonic @ Today at 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacI'm not thinking about falling-over wobbly. Rather, I mean the not-quite-stable situation where the unit moves when played. Mine is on ordinary pile carpet, and it sways slightly. I'd expect much more motion from "
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C? by Pover @ Today at 09:54 AM

hey guys. I posted this in gooddog's thread, but Mark suggested starting a new thread. Here's the post: "Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but since Mark posted here and has his PM off, I couldn't send this to him privately. Mark, I remember read
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: currawong(Can't access your link, so I don't know what it covers) As far as the Berg concerto goes (which is one of my most beloved works, as I've mentioned a number of times on these forums ) I don't think there's any serious
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by MRC @ Today at 09:46 AM

For something more affordable you could try http://www.edelweiss-piano.com/contemporary-piano-range
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Odd Baldwin by bkw58 @ Today at 09:29 AM

It's been about ten years or more since I tuned these. BDB is probably correct. I just don't call exactly how the base detaches. Best to call a local tech familiar with the older Baldwins. Too much pulling this way or that could damage the base. (BT
Jump to new posts Re: Box.com - account & all files [restored]* by TonyB @ Today at 09:29 AM

Thanks pv88! Wonderful playing and certainly a very good showcase for the V-Piano. Tony
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: questions about tuning the top octave by rxd @ Today at 09:10 AM

Even though there is a little breast beating and mea culpa going on here, the tuner is not always responsible. It is not at all unusual, given conducive atmospheric circumstances, for the top section of strings to go appreciably sharp of its own vol
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music on iPad by Mark Polishook @ Today at 09:02 AM

I'm pretty sure the Zik reader is going into production even though they didn't hit their fundraising goals ... Anyone using forScore for teaching and annotating? Neuralfirings .. Thanx for sharing that notability file ...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by outo @ Today at 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoThat's a good reminder to spend some more time getting my piece up to speed.. Well, I am still trying to get the first 10 measures into my hands... This will take some time...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Anita Potter @ Today at 08:33 AM

I work at a senior living facility. There's an upright and an electric on the ground floor, there might be one in the little church area on the same floor and another one up on the 2nd floor in their media room. It's torture I tells ya torture :p
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Across the winds (new age piano) by ShiroKuro @ Today at 08:18 AM

Nice, although I actually like the Magic Forest better (for other readers, I can't post a link right now, but when you go to Patrice's youtube video linked here, there's a while bunch more). Do you sell your sheet music? If you don't, you might con
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai CA95 - Any Firmware Updates
by McBuster
11/23/14 10:45 AM
Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C?
by Pover
11/23/14 09:54 AM
100 years old and music keeps her active
by Rich Galassini
11/23/14 07:45 AM
At 100 years old, she says music keeps her well
by Rich Galassini
11/23/14 07:36 AM
Chopin waltz in E minor (Op. Posth.) or Op.70/1
by Works1
11/23/14 06:22 AM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159289 Topics
2339908 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission