Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
123 registered (Albunea, 36251, alex7121, ando, anamnesis, 28 invisible), 1260 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Piano for young by Morodiene @ 2 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By MorodieneOne comment, if your daughter is just starting you don't necessarily need 3 pedals. Only when you get to very advanced music will you ever really have a need for the other two pedals, in which cas
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Roland FP-4 by DonZon @ 3 minutes 23 seconds ago

Dead poets, correct, acoustic piano and electric piano. Crocus, so did you sell your Fp-4? And your right, the RD-800 is Rolands top of the line stage keyboard, with a $2500 price tag. A used FP-4 is around $1000.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ragtime tuning by Jake Jackson @ 11 minutes 52 seconds ago

In the video, what is the thing\device\toy that he adjusts at the very start, and which spins slowly the entire time?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ 18 minutes 1 second ago

I still haven't gotten back to doing anything though I just got my files off of my old hard drive and all the pieces I've downloaded from before are on there. I'll have to go through them later on to see what's in there. I'm still stuck at 19 but h
Jump to new posts Re: How complex is piano tuning? by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 30 minutes 27 seconds ago

David, Keep in mind that many of our English speaking customers do not know the term or comprehend the difference between tuning and tone. Here, there is a person for whom English is a second language. Other languages use terms that do not transla
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery learning by keystring @ 36 minutes 46 seconds ago

I'm thinking that whatever that pedagogy might actually be after (versus how it might be coming across) is actually shown in the example below. Candywoman, you are having the students do a thing physically under your guidance. So in effect it is al
If you are impressed by the piano sounds and other patches, and you want some programming capability, the VR-09 looks very hard to beat. If you don't want to go for VSTi for the moment, I agree with EssBrace that you may have found the keyboard you n
Adult Beginners Forum
I am constantly learning something new every day reading ABF. I had not been using a metronome consistently as I find it distracting. Now starting to incorporate into my daily practice as I improve on a song and noticing an improvement. New assign
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A day of trying pianos in London by Mark Polishook @ 48 minutes 56 seconds ago

Congratulations! Do enjoy! All best wishes for you and the 205!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by UKIkarus @ 49 minutes 15 seconds ago

Well done, Cheryl!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Rerun @ Today at 08:21 AM

I think I'm already getting visions of the "big guy" getting the piano down the chimney. You're gonna do great! Welcome aboard!!
Pianist Corner
Oh, and someone was asking previously whether jurors would vote only on the basis on the final round, or on the basis of all previous performances as well. Peter Donohoe just tweeted the following: Quote:Everyone please remember that the results ar
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano, wood stove, and humidity level by David Jenson @ Today at 08:09 AM

"I realize pianos and wood burning devices have co-existed for hundreds of years so this shouldn't be anything new ..." That's the crux of the situation. Use reasonable precautions and you'll be fine. If you can get some more distance betw
Adult Beginners Forum
Quote:The premise in so many words is that, if one has a negative or narrow self image one can’t achieve beyond that “image” because it would be inconsistent with the “image”. So, .... I guess I bought into that before I turned 61 becaus
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have I Moved to the Dark Side? by bennevis @ Today at 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By Musicdude Don't be afraid to test your student's sight reading skills by placing something new in front of them, that is within their skill level, of course. I can't think of any reason why a student of anything below advan
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Peter K. Mose ...You'll know when you find a good fit with a studio piano teacher. If you're not sure, take a couple paid lessons with that person and see how it goes. If you're still unsure, invent som
Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By MacMacMacSome high-end pianos have a soundboard. But an electroacoustic resonator does not mimic strings and bridges. Still, I'm left wondering how it sounds. I guess I'll have to look for a Kawai dealer
Pianist Corner
Certainly, classically trained organist improvise all the time as part of service playing. Go into just about any French organ loft and try to find a music manuscript. Most of the services are totally improvised. Faure was certainly the master and
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by casinitaly @ Today at 06:41 AM

2 more sleeps!!!!! Can't wait!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My trip to Cunningham Piano in Philadelphia by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By Music MeRich, Is that Curt in the second picture? That is Joe Cossolini, a wonderful action man whose hands were featured in Art Reblitz book for piano techs. years ago. Joe has been around the block a few times. I believe
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By look_aliveI am not an industry insider, but as someone who just went through the piano shopping debacle, under NO circumstances would I consider a piano that spent a year at a college as "new." Sat for two years on the
Jump to new posts Re: Lubrication choices by Chris Warren @ Today at 05:40 AM

I live about 1.5 hrs outside London, and my techie is a "concert" technician (Steinway trained). Last time he came, he must have spent c. 9 hrs on site. I will of course check with him before doing any lubrication of pins or knuckles, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Health issue woes by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 05:35 AM

Best of luck with surgery and speedy recovery..... ...Suddenly I have head, back, neck ,shoulder, and thumb pain .....,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What adult beginners should be learning by Noonie @ Today at 05:22 AM

I had my first lesson yesterday. The teacher and I hit it off well. She was very encouraging and positive about the progress I had made on my own to this point, and about the future giving what she observed already. She was good at correcting my f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Albunea @ Today at 05:17 AM

I found this interpretation last year, and heard the song for the first time not long before. For Greener.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Digital piano with synth sound or Synth with piano sound?
by jkim4007
07/01/15 02:21 AM
Questions about our Baldwin
by Dave-j
07/01/15 12:59 AM
looking for an orchestra to play with
by MiguelSousa
06/30/15 10:38 PM
A question on attitude , psychology and piano.
by piano_primo_1
06/30/15 10:27 PM
Piano teacher in NJ
by ezpiano.org
06/30/15 10:13 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,838 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,203 Topics
2,422,674 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission