Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
123 registered (ando, Anita Potter, AZ_Astro, 36251, anotherscott, 27 invisible), 1389 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trill technique question by Dave B @ 1 minute 42 seconds ago

Nahum, I too like the word "stability." After a few days of Joseffy's exercises, I was able to play the passage.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No.1 by LFYM @ 5 minutes 37 seconds ago

Hi everyone, I'm learning this piece right now, and it's all going fine. All but on part in the B section which involves some huge, fast leaps on the left hand. Measure 49. Any tips for that?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Johan B @ 8 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: malkinYesterday my teacher signed the certificate of completion at the back of Alfred 3. Malkin, Congrats! go on........ Best regards, Johan B
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Does such a Portable digital piano exist? by ando @ 9 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fizikisto I supposed the closest thing to what you want would be a VPC1 piano controller with some software piano library and a laptop. A VPC1 + laptop (plus cables) is anything but portable. Quite heavy and cumbersome actu
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha 5'7" Grand Piano Model GH2 - $6995 by Paul678 @ 10 minutes 20 seconds ago

I may take a look at this one: http://tucson.craigslist.org/msg/4816248325.html But didn't this model have bad issues with not holding a tune well?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your new musical goals for 2015; post it here...... by Johan B @ 11 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PalmpirateThe only thing I managed to complete from my list last year was MOYD. I intend to keep to that commitment in 2015 only with a bit more determination to increase the practice time. 5 mins while trying to drink am a.m.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Stains Out Of Ivory Piano Keys by Dave B @ 15 minutes 43 seconds ago

I'm wondering if the ivory top came off and was reattached with yellow glue?
Jump to new posts Re: Recording via USB by Jytte @ 19 minutes 46 seconds ago

McBuster, yup, according to the manual, that's exactly what's on it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can cry or Can't cry while performing publicly by Dave B @ 20 minutes 31 seconds ago

Depends on why you are crying.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Dave B @ 29 minutes 57 seconds ago

Not sure what this thread is about, but since I play every day /even practice occasionally)count me in. Seems like a fun thread. Enjoy
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning problem or maybe something else... by Piano RX @ 35 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTThis is not normal in my opinion. As I suspected... thanks Mark. I have to contact the dealer again regarding the latest discrepancy so I guess it's time for a discussion as to the options available that wi
Jump to new posts Best high-end compact Digital Piano ? by oibaf @ 36 minutes 14 seconds ago

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I registered purposely to ask this question, so please be kind with me :$ I'm looking for the best high-end compact DP. Because of my flat layout, I absolutely need a slim and compact piano, without a full-size ver
I own and use the Korg Module with Ivory on my iPad 4. I DO NOT own, and have never tried, the Ivory package on PC so I cannot compare the two, and I won't attempt to. However, I do want to point out something that I feel may be an inherent drawbac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach n Roll audio? by EM Deeka @ 46 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pete the beanYou will find Stevie Wonder's Overjoyed performed by the arranger here: http://www.davidpearlpiano.com/ And maybe you could request the composer via his contact page to add similar videos for his other compositi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Palmpirate @ 48 minutes 57 seconds ago

Thank you so much Casinitaly. Returning to piano has really enriched my life and I would not have done it with out MOYD. I hope I still read about you in other threads! SwissMs , Thank you for carrying on the tradition.
Jump to new posts Re: Erard restoration advice by Silverwood Pianos @ Today at 10:23 AM

Hello Chris, Really depends upon how the owner wants the restoration to go. From a museum point of view, if possible change only the tuning pins or even to repair the original pin retaining the historical value of the instrument. I canít see the con
Jump to new posts Re: Richard Gertz by Davepost @ Today at 10:01 AM

many thanks
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By: NahumVery good! Cleverly uses the rhythmic possibilities of melodica, but monodic line plays a little - perhaps because of the general noise. Looks like he heard it as he played it ... (Played what he heard)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores? by turandot @ Today at 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: michaelha Not sure why you're getting personal and nit-picking on irrelevant details. And why should I read your comments carefully? They're usually long-winded, repetitive and a sometimes boring (not unlike the filtered Yelp r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coursera: Introduction to Classical Music by Jytte @ Today at 09:35 AM

Thank you so much for providing this link
Jump to new posts Re: Question for TuneLab Users by Paul678 @ Today at 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed SuttonDoes anyone use the numerical readout on the upper right of the spectrum display? Do you mean the indicator that shows how many "cents off" the note is from the target frequency? It's useful at the beginni
Jump to new posts Re: 2:1 Octaves in the high treble by bkw58 @ Today at 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: rysowersIt would be interesting to measure top octave tunings on the concert instruments at the major performing arts venues and recording studios to get a baseline of what's actually being done. Good idea, Ryan. More than li
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Paul678 As most of you know, once upon a time, musicians improvised in the Classical world too! They were expected to be able to improvise in certain sections of the music. So it's good to learn how to do this, not only for J
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Today at 09:06 AM

Same here as well, although I'm on a two-week "road trip" with family, so I'll have to get things rolling again after New Year's. One other tidbit; I have have found that the Faber "Developing Artist" series may be a great supple
Hi thanks alot! so the key thing to recording is to have a audio to usb sound card. when i have this sound card, do i need to buy adapter to change my 3.5mm jack to their suitable jack? =)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No.1
by LFYM
12/28/14 11:30 AM
Yamaha 5'7" Grand Piano Model GH2 - $6995
by Paul678
12/28/14 11:25 AM
Best high-end compact Digital Piano ?
by oibaf
12/28/14 10:59 AM
Coursera: Introduction to Classical Music
by scorpio
12/28/14 08:59 AM
Recording via USB
by Jytte
12/28/14 08:23 AM
Forum Stats
77466 Members
42 Forums
160191 Topics
2352332 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission