Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (Adam S, AndrewJCW, 36251, AlexHerrmann, 32 invisible), 1207 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: 500$ to spend - need help with choosing digital piano by MacMacMac @ 6 minutes 11 seconds ago

The CLP130 is 12 to 15 years old. Skip it.
Jump to new posts Re: kickstarter project survey - online vst check site by MacMacMac @ 6 minutes 55 seconds ago

You can sell it if you want to. But don't expect ilok-protected software to behave for the new owner.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Normal Sound decay vs. Ringing...how to differentiate? by Rickster @ 13 minutes 5 seconds ago

Some call this "damper-leaking/leakage" some call it "damper-bleeding". The dampers can be adjusted. Also, if you are pounding the note hard and releasing the key, just to see what happens, you may hear some normal "leakage
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Father/Daughter moving up to Grand - Suggestions? by ebonykawai @ 14 minutes 6 seconds ago

I'd honestly be scanning Craigslist, there's a some wonderful pianos looking for a new home.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 118 6 Piano Pieces by BruceD @ 40 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Carey[...] (I checked out the 2016 competition website [...] I did too, and the honour is well-deserved. Congratulations! Regards,
Piano Forum
Thanks everyone! 😊
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS10-a good choice? And..moving and other questions. by harpsichorder @ 52 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By harpsichorder.... But I'm hooked. I loooove the CS10 . I like the native sound of the CS10, and the way it vibrates with the soundboard. It's a beautiful instrument too- probably a life-long investment
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: WOW!!! "Chord Play", by Forrest Kinney! by dmd @ Today at 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By TunelessWell, I am making great progress with lead sheets. But the book I bought, 'How to Play From a Fake Book' by Neely is good for a starter, but doesn't cover the placement of the chord designation over the top of the measu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano teachers by pianoloverus @ Today at 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By f3rOriginally Posted By pianoloverusWhat student would want to learn music where one can only learn a few lines/day?? Seems like a recipe for disaster. That's what I've been doing since I started playing. 1 week to learn half of
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By JBRHello, Can someone explain how to interpret the baseline of Moonlight Sonata, 3rd Movement, Measure 24? The notation is two half notes attached to 16th flags and there are 2 of these per bar equalling twelve 16th notes. I und
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts English Horn Concerto by Polyphonist @ Today at 06:34 PM

Movement 1 Recording http://picosong.com/ZwA7/ Score https://www.docdroid.net/oqvEX6z/english-horn-concerto-mvt-1.pdf.html I will post the other movements in this thread as they are completed.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Your son is very musical and I thought it was quite a successful performance. Perhaps he could have slowed it down a little more at the end, but at least in this performance, he chose not to. Could he have made it more "romantic", whatever
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by Schazti011 @ Today at 06:24 PM

I just talked to my old piano teacher. She had a small living room and told me she bought a Weber W-157 for $8000 (she bought this 2 years ago). I played it and thought it was pretty nice. I thought that might be more in the same class though as a Sa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by argerichfan @ Today at 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveI had an old edition of Appassionata where the editor suggested not following the repeats in the third movement, because it is such a tremendous effort the first time, that you are unlikely to improve upon the performa
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Get Riblitz book, http://www.amazon.com/Piano-Servicing-Tuning-Rebuilding-Professional/dp/1879511037 . Used is fine. No need to be flailing around in the dark.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with a built in screen by ando @ Today at 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By Rickster I suppose I'm set in my ways, don't particularly like change, and if something works for me, I like to stick with it. Plus, I have MS Office 2013 on my work computer, and think I like the 2007 version better. Rick I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by casinitaly @ Today at 05:36 PM

Thanks Megan - yes, I'm feeling better. How sweet that your son set up a keyboard for you! Enjoy your time with the family!
Piano Forum
Thanks Rich. I take then that the system you just delivered was NOT the pro.
Adult Beginners Forum
30 May 2016 In the morning played among others 'Haydn: Sieben letzten Worte unseres Erlösers am Kreuze' Haydn, Hob XX.1 In the afternoon played a lot of Keyboard Suites of Buxtehude..... Buxtehude, Suiten What did you play today? Best re
Jump to new posts Re: Using someones Synthogy samples by composingkeys3 @ Today at 05:06 PM

For these types of questions, be sure to always read the End User License Agreement first. In the case of Synthogy, only the licensee that the Ivory product is registered too should use it. If multiple users want to use the Ivory product, they will e
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by ando @ Today at 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By aliashYes i have tried many of techs too try and fix both the pianos, but the yamaha i really do not play anymore, and the b is in terrible condition, i think nobody in slovenija could fix it, maybe if i had a good technician fro
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, chords and arpeggios by Pianocat3 @ Today at 04:48 PM

It's not as if you need to spend a lot of time on them. I did five minutes a day, not every time. Now I do more because I need to.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Tutorials by Qazsedcft @ Today at 04:34 PM

Great video! Just one point: It's standard practice to break down long videos into 10-15 minute pieces for easier navigation, even if it's all logically one big video.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Belmont U. Free Sight Reading Material by Qazsedcft @ Today at 04:00 PM

Thanks for that! I remember having stumbled upon that page once but I lost the link. Now it's bookmarked.
Adult Beginners Forum
Cozzie - go to a digital piano/keyboard shop if u can and have a try at what's there to compare properly - gumtree/eBay will be your cheapest options U do realise that if u buy online then most retailers give u a 30 day money back guarantee but thi
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Normal Sound decay vs. Ringing...how to differentiate?
by Ludwig016
05/30/16 07:44 PM
500$ to spend - need help with choosing digital piano
by AlexHerrmann
05/30/16 07:14 PM
New Roland HP/LX Series Firmware
by Jay Roland
05/30/16 03:50 PM
Belmont U. Free Sight Reading Material
by scgrant
05/30/16 12:29 PM
I'm Confessing That I Love You
by T E Bekken
05/30/16 11:25 AM
Forum Stats
83,823 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,034 Topics
2,529,340 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission