Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
149 registered (36251, agraffe, Al LaPorte, alerique, 821, 31 invisible), 1553 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: a Finale stem length issue by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 07:23 AM

I'm amazed that this never occurred to me before. Surely with a background in digital graphics, I should have noticed it. But I didn't. So I just checked with MuseScore and you are absolutely correct, Johan ... those note stems follow your formu
Piano Forum
Hello! I'm new here too so I'm singularly unqualified to advise you but like you I've also been on the hunt for a new piano and have seen quite a few older Kawai and Yamaha. In fact those are the 2 most common makes here and the U3 is particularly ab
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH? by Amsterdampianist @ Today at 06:51 AM

Hello piano lovers, I am a girl from Amsterdam and currently in the market for an upright silent piano. My main options are: 1. Schimmel I 123T TT (SG2 silent system) I really love the sound and feel of this piano. The reliability (and resale val
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Note Learning Games--Apps (recommendations wanted) by joangolfing @ Today at 06:49 AM

ok, Yousician, Flashnote Derby, Staff Wars. I'll see what they do. Thanks for the suggestions, Rebecca. This has been a valuable thread.
Piano Forum
Thank you!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 05:56 AM

To Ed's point, BDB, what have you done that "counts"? Your ad hominem remarks to those with whom you disagree serve only to show your lack of depth and understanding of the material, and a consistent unwillingness to challenge your own bel
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Celdor @ Today at 05:53 AM

Just to confirm, I watched a youtube video and the guy has stated if this is ground loop noise, it doesn't depend on volume. The noise I have from DP speakers depends on volume! Do you think ground loop noise eliminator/isolator would still work here
Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasHi, i prefer Kawai RHII or Roland PHA4 Concert key action over any Fatar, included their top of the line TP40 wood tri sensor. Not only is for the feelling theme, is about reliability too. Cheers!... The thread is m
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By corinne12I usually sleep 10 hours but this past Monday I only slept 7 hours and I began practicing at around 5:30 am. I know, I need to get at least 8 hours. Wow, I'm very lucky if I can get 5 hours straight without ever waking
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Yamaha YDP-S52 by peterws @ Today at 05:21 AM

I suspect your lass picked up somsthing about the Roland that I did when I bpught mine. I loved the Yamaha I had, but dont regret getting thr R. The resonances make it for me. I did buy a small bass practice amp to improve the response, which I t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by sam abdel @ Today at 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose there are plenty of music degrees that don't require piano mastery. Regarding your first question, there are no limits to what you can attain through your return to piano lessons and practicing two hours a day. Yo
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by dire tonic @ Today at 04:14 AM

re dealers vs online, I bought the VPC1 from a local dealer having invited him to match an online price, which he agreed to do. He wouldn't otherwise have stocked it. Had there been q/c or transit issues at the time I felt more comfortable being abl
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking advice on a compact digital piano by Garf @ Today at 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By joshjacksonWill I need a good soundcard in my computer? I am currently using a laptop with Realtek soundcard. Realtek makes a ton of chips in multiple variations and generations. They go from low end to high end. But aside from
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by outo @ Today at 02:53 AM

I started at 45. Much less playing as a kid than you, a few years of formal lessons but little interest and little practice so almost no progress. almost 30 years of never even touching the piano. I'd say the age thing is not insignificant, but stil
Jump to new posts Re: Piano for travel - Casio Privia PX-150 by kanefsky @ Today at 02:38 AM

When I said I played the FP30 "really briefly" I meant it It was in the crazy, crowded and noisy Roland booth at NAMM and I had to wait a while for someone else who was trying it out to finish, and then I was on it for maybe a minute befor
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progress reports? by Rebecca Piano @ Today at 02:35 AM

I don't know how it's like in the States but here (in Australia), exams are somewhat popular so popular forms of progress reports come from a third party (not the teacher, but the examiner). I think in principle they are not a bad idea - the reason
Jump to new posts Re: A pin block question by daniokeeper @ Today at 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By ThermodogI bought a used Yamaha U3 from a reputable local shop that restores and sells used pianos. I just had it tuned today, and my tuner says that the tuning pins on the low strings (the single string notes) are loose. He su
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lady Gaga... by Nahum @ Today at 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By Nikolase]That's probably because you really can't make a normal discussion without waging war to the other party. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/plsj2jfk4xjjdgj/3_singers.wav
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By proutIn my research on this topic, I found that the biggest need for accurate clocks is maintaining the sync of audio, independently recorded, with the video. That's what we do in movie and TV production -- the cameras, sound
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: cole porter bulldog song from yale by JohnSprung @ Today at 12:31 AM

Porter was born in 1891, so he'd be more like the class of 1913. Anything he wrote at that time would be public domain. So, I'd try the Lester S. Levy collection at Johns Hopkins. Let me do that now and come back.... Nope, not there....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is what I am doing beneficial? by JohnSprung @ Today at 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By agraffe I liked having KMZT, as well, especially during pledge week on KUSC! KMZT is amazing -- they have the cleanest AM signal I've ever heard anywhere. The end result is better than some of the FM's.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff Etude Tableau in g minor by quodlibet @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Thanks, Heather. I'm with you on no. 11, too! In fact, it is my goal to play Opus 32 nos. 10, 11, and 12 as a set. I think they fit well together.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Third Species Counterpoint by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

I tried Gradus ad Parnassum for about 30 minutes for just that reason. It may have been relevant 200 years ago, but I don't feel it's relevant now. If you want to learn counterpoint learn to play and analyze Bach fugues. Listen to a lot of contrapunt
Jump to new posts Re: Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements! by prout @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By timqSorry prout, of course you're right about my poor choice of words, and the correct way to state it is "a microphone does not shift frequency". No problem. I'm having a good day when I only mis-speak 10 times.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: It's time I replaced my Haydn sonatas by gooddog @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By WhoDwaldi[...]I sometimes regret having the complete piano works of Haydn, mostly the sonatas, on VINYL, 16 records, 32 sides . . . a Hoboken number nightmare. My CD's of the Haydn Sonatas are on 10 N
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH?
by Amsterdampianist
Today at 06:51 AM
Assistance with reading structure
by imustlearn
Today at 03:49 AM
Audacity/Recording problems
by jotur
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Melville Clark Baby Grand- any info??
by Shell1250
Yesterday at 08:46 PM
Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14
by Dfrankjazz
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,406 Topics
2,494,243 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission