Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (Anwar, augustm, Alux, AprilE, 16 invisible), 1334 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by Whizbang @ Today at 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottWorks well for busy adult students too. They can count anything they do at the piano as practice time -- improvisation, pieces they choose themselves -- so long as my assignments still get done. What are your typical
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Yamaha Clavinova CLP-360 by Frédéric L @ Today at 12:00 AM

On the Yamaha website, (the actual link depends of your country) you can have a list if service center. You can call them to get some advice and make them repair your Clavinova. They may sell you a main board. Testing the other cards (which support
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: protective piano film by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Protective film is safe. It's used on all kinds of expensive delicate surfaces from a wide range of products - electronics , furniture, soft painted metals, autos , planes etc... But like others said you probably don't need it anyway.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fair and unfair criticism by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

A famous pianist said that playing is--of course--subjective, but that it doesn't take long to hear when someone is doing it all wrong. 😀 What's disappointing to me is the condescension and crassness of YouTube comments in general and, to a lesser
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: drug paraphernalia hidden in piano by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

I found a pack of old prescription painkillers inside my Lyon & Healy, which had at least two owners before me. I can't remember what they were; I threw them away. But first I looked them up on Wikipedia and discovered they'd been banned by the F
Jump to new posts Re: Sound comes out of speakers even w headphones plugged in by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Hello Goldie123, thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that there was no problem with your ES100 after all. Regarding the ES100 vs the ES110, the ES110 features the same piano sounds, improved speakers, improved keyboard action, line out conne
Piano Forum
In my humid neck of the woods, Kawai pianos (uprights and grands) need easing of the key balance rail hole to reduce friction in the key. Some benefit from alcohol and water solution to reduce friction on tight hammer shank flanges (grands, mostly)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Synthesia by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

I have everyone polish every piece, and then review old pieces periodically so they have an active repertoire of things they can really play, but I distinguish between repertoire and reading exercises. The repertoire pieces can take anywhere from a c
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP/LX: Differences between models vs. Designer app by kickthetiger @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

A former Roland employee said there are four different models. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2493213/56.html#Post2555601 That doesn't preclude JoBert's answer from being correct.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jonathan Biss by RubberFingers @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

He came to Seattle. I enjoyed his playing for the most part. He did Beethoven Op 111 2nd movement a little fast for my taste. I got invited to a master class put on by University of Washington! That was really interesting. He critiqued several piano
@Goss: Your suggestion seems to have done the trick, but it still isn't reliable, at least not with my phone. I reset the Piano Designer app, and removed the LX-17 from the phone's Bluetooth lists. Then I went into the menu where you can select the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "I" and "We" Composers by RealPlayer @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

I've known enough composers personally (20-21st century) to know they can be inscrutable and confusing, in their own pronouncements.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tombeau de Couperin - fingering by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

I've played this. Not as well as I'd like though The first example seems pretty straightforward, just one note in LH, and 15 for the RH octave. Maybe 12 or 21 on the repeated note if that helps with speed. (It's such a short excerpt that I honestly
Jump to new posts Re: Technician recommendation Bay Area, CA? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Sorry it took me a while to fully respond. I know the following technicians top be highly skilled, they are listed in no particular order as to preference. You will want to explain what you are looking for when you contact them. Margie Williams, R
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a piano student is not anymore a beginner? by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By gnomenreigen My new piano teacher says I'm very talented but I don't think so... ... I feel like I never play well enough but my teacher says that's no true... I've known a few conservatory students, and they all said stuff li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Key Signatures by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Having the conversation with your teacher sounds like a great idea. Her response could provide you a nice framework for learning--or conversely her response might make it clear that she hasn't got a clue. It should be fairly easy for you to discrim
Jump to new posts Re: Best System for Pianoteq by Andriuska @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Another good experiment that I would like to try would be to use a slow motion camera like those available on the iphones to record pressing the keys and see how long it takes to get a sound with different configurations, since it seems some of this
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP-700 USB device mode by Anwar @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

I received replies from Casio technical support and they have acknowledged that the AP-700 (also applies to the GP series) will not be able to convert .CSR to .MID as it can only load them into user music library (songs 61-70) but not the piano MIDI
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to automatically sharp or flat in the key by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By theo1000 - Remove Key from memory. - Remove Number of sharps/flats from memory. - Remove all other guides from memory. - Only play the pattern you just memorized. Thanks, Theo. I'll have to try that. You should post more o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rhythm question Brahms Op. 118 no. 5 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

That's not atypical of Brahms' writing; hemiolas and off-beat stresses or accents are frequent, in my experience. I hear it the way you do, but without too much emphasis, and I simply shift my feel of the rhythmic pattern when it begins to coincide
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By SonatainfSharp Anything created is automatically and immediately copyrighted to the person who created the material work, period. Doesn't have to be registered, doesn't have to have a (c), nothing. (Selling the rights or forfeiti
Jump to new posts Re: SCHWANDER MECANISM - how to improve? by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

My response was to the immediately preceding post, as is this.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who is or has used a piano method for adults? by Wuffski @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

I am completely satisfied with the book I' am using and recommend it for everybody who either restarts playing after having had some training in the past already, or is starting with at least the help of knowledgable friend. "The Classic Piano
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-900...? :) by HSFlik @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

Nice. Looks like Roland had everyone drop the price of the RD-800 recently to make room for the RD-2000, because the RD-800 used to cost $2499 in the US up until very recently.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: can I use this as caster cup for upright piano? by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 05:21 PM

Piano Caster cups are cheap already , no need to buy an alternative.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Theory Question on The Altered Scale (or Dim. Whole Tone)
by Musicdude
01/20/17 04:13 AM
Beethoven in Havana
by Groove On
01/20/17 03:10 AM
Need NY teflon whippens
by Ed McMorrow, RPT
01/19/17 11:30 PM
Pianoteq - an audiophile experience
by Anwar
01/19/17 10:30 PM
drug paraphernalia hidden in piano
by Sam S
01/19/17 08:55 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,311 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,882 Topics
2,590,235 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission