Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (accordeur, AndrewJCW, Amosdoll, ando, angga888, 36251, 25 invisible), 1219 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Alexander Borro The paying comment sounds a bit harsh to me and unneeded thing to say I feel, I am not looking for a full lesson from anyone, I have enough cash to pay for a teacher thank you whenever I decide to do so, so far I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading widely spaced notes? by JohnSprung @ Today at 08:46 PM

Some things are intrinsically hard to read, and this is one of them. Reading and memorization aren't separate things, they're the ends of a continuous scale. So, for those things that are too hard to read in real time, slide towards memorization, a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by Kawai James @ Today at 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottIf you can locate an ES7, that has the same action. Good tip Scott. The CN24/CN34 console models also utilised the same action, although these have been superseded by the CN25/CN35. Generally speaking, the console
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you gess this piece? by Kénan @ Today at 08:42 PM

All jokes aside though, what is it?
Jump to new posts Re: Blind Piano VST Shootout: Cast your vote! by pold @ Today at 08:36 PM

I don't know which is the acoustic one, but the one I like the most is the 7, it sounded the most natural and convincing. pm me the results, thanx
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Expanding my repertoire by debussychopin @ Today at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By siden70 Satie - Gymnopedie No.1 siden70 That is one for some reason I can never get it under my fingers. I practiced that one many times too. I know you mentioned 599 and it may not be of interest to you but my technical lev
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing between Kawai models by Kawai James @ Today at 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By dave11235My top candidates at the moment are the CN-25, the CE-220, or the ES-7, roughly in that order. I wonder if anyone has compared these head-to-head and has any comments? I understand the CE-220 has a bit older action and s
CLP 430 seems to be a good deal to me too, but seems that the low budget high performance PX-850 has earned lots of positive feedback from reviewers. I compared many youtube videos, and feels that clp430 sounded more powerful and real while px850 so
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Rerun The kids may not fully understand yet what they may be giving, half may not be able to sing all that good yet, none probably have ever thought about whether being able to listen and enjoy music is a gift itself ... who ca
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by 36251 @ Today at 07:51 PM

For the same reason why you don't want an N3 might be the same reason why you might find a used or store demo N3 for a savings. I got a pretty good deal on a floor demo. Everyone feels better when they can get a deal. I've owned mine since 11/2011 a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lyon & Healy "apartment grand" electrical wiring by David Farley @ Today at 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By BDBI would say the piano was made no later than the 1920s, and is probably older. Lyon & Healy had pianos made by a number of manufacturers, and it may have the serial number from the actual manufacturer, which would be a dif
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks, Johan. That kind of "work" is always a pleasure. I'm a science student, and I think that I will have to study somewhere in the 6-8 hour range per day in order to excel this coming semester. After commuting to and from school, tha
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with parent during my "break" by keystring @ Today at 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By TiggsOriginally Posted By keystring So why is it a good idea to suggest to this father that he change his profession? I'm not sure what you've been trying to get at here. I work in tech support, and often a customer will say, &q
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: QRS vs Pianodisc by machineintel @ Today at 07:14 PM

A few months ago I was also writing to various piano automation manufacturers trying to get some technical information out of them. Didn't have much luck either. Their overwhelming market is towards home users, so it's not surprising that they don't
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Today at 06:53 PM

At this point, I won't speculate until I've heard both the 605 and LX-7 side by side. if I've learned anything over the years, it's not to judge an instrument on it's specifications. i would rather judge it on the overall package. Especially as i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pin rust by daniokeeper @ Today at 05:48 PM

Hello Cordoba, A few questions: Are these tuning pins plated or blued? How old (approximately) is this piano? Are you cleaning the pins for cosmetic reasons? Or for some other reason? If this is a very old piano with very rusty pins, the string
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Worlds Columbian Expodition by Rainy G @ Today at 05:40 PM

We have a piano with this same insignia on it. We went to Chicago and saw the building where it was made. Nothing is left of the piano business in that building. We had the same thoughts, is it one-of-a-kind, where do I pick up my bazillion dollars f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introducing myself and a few questions. by AndrewJCW @ Today at 05:39 PM

Have a look at the Alfred's Basic All in one course book 1, there's a massive active thread on these forums of people sharing their experience as they work their way through it. Similarly there's a thread for the Faber books but it's not as popular.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult beginner online help by Tiggs @ Today at 05:38 PM

Hi. What you say makes a lot of sense, but I should clarify my posts. Hugh Sung doesn't recommend Pischna in place of Hanon. The Pischna exercises are brought in as possible exercises to help with mastering particularly difficult passages in a pie
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Etude Op. 10, No. 4 in C-sharp minor by Orange Soda King @ Today at 05:29 PM

Wow, quite virtuosic, but also expressive. Quite clean, too.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily Assignment Suggestions/Questions by MaggieGirl @ Today at 05:23 PM

My daughter gets theory - it is usually complete pages 15-22. Yes, they are workbook pages from AMRSM, we buy the books.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by David Izquierdo @ Today at 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By tabberAnother great video David ! Been using your higher reverb settings with headphones/recording, and it does sound a lot better. Particular given that through headphones you lose the extra natural reverb from the cabinet, sou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing goals by 255 @ Today at 05:02 PM

The short / mid goals for me are simply picking up a piece a bit above my level (not too much) that I like very much and well... learning it. Because the pieces at my level are very simple and generally not that interesting. So having a good and more
Jump to new posts Re: quality digital piano by PianoMan51 @ Today at 04:18 PM

Well Dan, I wasn't expecting your answer, because frankly I think you already own and play your solution. I've gigged with a VAX for past 2 1/2 years. Play into a MBP rather than a receptor, but basically the same thing. Why not use what you already
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rode NT55 vs AKG P420 recording test by Piano_Brazil @ Today at 04:10 PM

Thank you, Lee. I like test 002 more, either. Cardioid, spaced over the treble and bass strings, but directed to the open lid, and not to the soundboard. I'll try different positions, and let you know. So far, I am recording using only the Zoom Q8 in
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question for memorizing left hand
by zyxwvu
08/04/15 11:08 PM
Bo's twin for sale (Bosendorfer 225 deal!)
by twocats
08/04/15 07:16 PM
Which great pianists of the past were notoriously nervous?
by pianoloverus
08/04/15 06:10 PM
Can you gess this piece?
by Kénan
08/04/15 05:44 PM
QRS vs Pianodisc
by SF10
08/04/15 05:02 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,255 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,995 Topics
2,433,071 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission