Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
58 registered (AntonJ, augustm, AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, 9 invisible), 1303 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By NikolasWhat exactly do you want to do Yohei? I mean what do you have in mind? Cause it seems to me that you want the recording for something specific though you're not mentioning it... Well, step by step this is what I want fro
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Music Dude - the Guild has already paid off for you - you just met someone who is willing to teach your aural tuning by going to one meeting. I encourage you to shift your mindset away from "what will it do for me" and "is it worth it?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by outo @ Today at 12:40 AM

The deadline is sometime around the 14th of October, so that the recital will be online to be listened on the 15th.
Adult Beginners Forum
I did something very similar when I returned to the piano. I would mark the lines and spaces for the E/F and B/C keys - so that I knew where the black keys were. It's just a little trick, but it really helps to "see" the keyboard in the sco
Jump to new posts Re: Individual Hammer felt replacing by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Have a problem where a grooves of a hammers larger than all others. Or may be problem that hammers got out of a side relatively right kick on a strings choir
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do dealers sometimes push a particular brand? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Well, there was a thread here on PW a while back about how some dealers trash a certain competitors brand and praise their own, and then a few years later they no longer represent the brand they used to praise and carry the brand they used to trash,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Groove On @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

As a student, I've been working through the Chord Play and Pattern Play method books by Forrest Kinney. I've found them to be excellent. I think you could start from scratch with these books and go in any direction from there. I've found the material
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why No Comment on Pearl River's takeover of Schimmel? by PianogrlNW @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Who is Pearl River and what does this mean - the implications? I own a Schimmel so am interested in this development.
Pianist Corner
This has been especially interesting to me because I am just starting this piece. (Gosh, it's gorgeous). I just bought the Henle edition which, as Bruce said, does not mention a 2nd option. My teacher will be away for a few weeks so I'll have to wait
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guide mains/French translation needed by TimR @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By keystring The various motions that these young pianists had to cut out of their playing in order to explore this "guide mains" are the very motions that I have been working to bring in to my playing, and so I am keenly
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts VIDEO SOFTWARE TO RECORD ME PLAYING by Seks @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

I have a Roland FP series piano. Ordered an Alexis LineLink the other day so that I can record the sound directly from the keyboard to the laptop. What software can I use to record myself playing? A software that will also recognize the Alexis L
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The Pioneer VSX-329 is a low-end unit. It's adequate for the purpose. But you might consider buying a receiver on Ebay. For example: I bought a low-end Yamaha unit. It listed at $229 when new. I bought it seven years old for just $32. You can get a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: your thoughts on the blues? by Simon_b @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Hi jjo The version of the head I remember was C minor, but I'm frequently wrong! The difference may be down to tenor sax being a transposing instrument, not to mention that your ear is undoubtedly better than mine. In fact looking around on-line I
Jump to new posts Re: September 9th - New pianos from Roland by SoundThumb @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneYou should replace gear then, not stack it. In my head I know you are right. But my heart says no.
Jump to new posts Re: Vibration on pedals and bass section of the keyboard by Nathan Monteleone @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

A couple questions: - How long have you had this piano? - How long between the previous tuning, and the one that seems to have caused the problem? I suspect it might be the tuning that caused the new feelings of vibration, especially if it hadn't b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By bennevisDon't forget that under bright lighting, your pupils contract and your vision improves (like having a smaller hole in a pin-hole camera - yes, I'm that old..... ). As a kid, before I knew I ne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Tubbie0075 @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

Get the deluxe album. It has videos of most (if not all) of the tracks plus chats etc. There's one in particular where they talked about "String" Theory. You'll enjoy it!
Adult Beginners Forum
i'm new playing started self teaching and after suggestions I got a teacher, had my first lesson a few days ago. my teacher teaches school ad does private lessons, has over 80 students in private lessons. here is what he told me: he told me book one
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Working on Liszt's transcendental Etude No.2 Any tips? by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

::Bump:: Nearly done learning the notes, I have about 10 more measure to complete and then who knows how long before I can comfortably execute this piece. I gotta say, I thought the 2nd Legend was difficult, but this etude (as well as any of the tra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beauty of Historical Pianos by David-G @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

Amazing !! Thank you for this. I had not come across this before.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha G2: what do you think? by cphollis @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

I have a G3 from 1976, and it is still going strong. My wife won't let me sell it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Journal: Chopin Ballade No. 1 Op. 23 by Tubbie0075 @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

Week-2 (after lost count): Got mucked up. Teacher isn't teaching this week and will be away. No lesson until after mid-September. An opportunity to catch up with my practise for Chopin, Mozart and Bach, and attempt to record for the Russian Recit
Jump to new posts Re: Best Essential and "High-End" Digital Piano by cphollis @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

Another one to consider? The Nord Piano 2 has an action that's probably a notch below the best from Yamaha and Kawai, but compensates with a killer feature: near-infinite upgradability via downloadable samples. Go check out the Nord Sound Library
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 43 --- General Discussion Room by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By SwissMS 24. ShiroKuro - Nefeli Nice, expressive playing! I like how you pace the piece and express the melodic line. Congratulations on your PhD and your new piano. Your piano had a very nice tone. I listened to both the versio
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Jeff The Killer Theme Song (Piano Tutorial Version) by Lafi @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

A Tutorial on the Piano of "Jeff The Killer" Theme Song (Piano Version) Sweet Dreams Are Made Of Screams. https://youtu.be/274UB_YGx5k
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
roland lx17 ringing sounds
by nelce
Today at 03:12 AM
Goldfinger (Bond) question
by FrankCox
Today at 01:56 AM
OT Required note/chord
by PhilipInChina
Today at 01:48 AM
S90 ES Switching Patches
by DIDC
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
VIDEO SOFTWARE TO RECORD ME PLAYING
by Seks
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Forum Stats
84,794 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,794 Topics
2,550,999 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission