Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (armani, amv256, babybearyan, ando, Alkanaut, 27 invisible), 1172 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by TwoDot @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Thanks to Alexander Borro, outo, PianogrlNW, Jytte, ElaineAllegro, casinitaly, jotur, Moonsh1ne, barbaram, stumbler, MarieJ, SwissMS, peterws, torquenale, piano_primo_1, AZ_Astro, Cat_W, Sam S, BillM, 8 Octaves, Andy Platt, CarlosCC and Medden for t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stage fright....(and all that jazz) by wr @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogOne more piece of advice: stay away from other performers who are nervous. Nerves are catching! Back in the days when I performed, the opposite was often true for me. If I was performing with someone who was nervous, I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String covers? by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Thanks JIMBOB.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please by ThePawn @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Hi Everyone, I have identified this grand piano candidate about an hour away from where I live on Craigslist. The ad states that the serial number is inig0482 from 1994. This piano would not be my forever piano obviously but it appears to be in gr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Nice story UnderConstuction and a cautionary tale not to go too cheap on the first piano.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Composing a Waltz by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By Nikolaskeep it at 3/4 (otherwise it's not a waltz anymore)... I agree with you, but didn't Tchaikovsky write a waltz in 5/4? Sorry, don't mean to be a curmudgeon.
Jump to new posts Re: Great tuning but did not last by JIMBOB @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

You did not indicate where the piano was pitch wise when you started in other words where was A 4 against a tuning fork or the ETD ? Perhaps the piano needed some pitch work before the fine tuning to get it in the ball park and even out the tension
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Where does Schumann's Siciliana end? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

I'm teaching this piece right now, just working from my Henle Urtext, and had no idea there was any doubt about the location of the Schluss. Thanks for bringing that up. I did think it was interesting that it doesn't end on the tonic. (The only sect
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Texas, anyone? by ec @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

Reading the post by TwoSnowflakes about Curtis piano camp inspired me to ask: is anyone out there going to Piano Texas at TCU this year? Only 15 more sleeps for us Active Observers (we are celebrating "The Poet of the Piano", Chopin, so i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

This topic comes up from time to time... here is an excellent article from Sweetwater on the topic of using a Headphone Out as Stereo Line Outs. In a nutshell, most headphone amps (and I'd say all of them on digital pianos) operate within the imp
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti K424 & 425 book for exam by Missha318 @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Btw, I am taking the LRSM exam from ABRSM.. if anyone knows about their book policy
Jump to new posts Re: More String Leveling Fun by Scriabin67 @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTOn a grand, the strings must be in a straight line, not necessarily level, or the mating will be destroyed when using the shift pedal. That's the main criteria to use when deciding whether to lift or file/needle
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By outoIt is an unfortunate fact that one little mistake can get really annoying when you listen to something more than once or twice. It probably would not be even that noticeable in live performance. So it's perfectly understandab
Jump to new posts Re: Pure G1G4 and G1B4? by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Remember that the numbers you see on any Verituner fine tuning screen are tuning targets used to drive the spinner - not measured inharmonicity of that particular note. Those numbers can be influenced by any number of variables during the tuning pro
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Any good cliches to recommend listening to ? by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Thanks huge Klink. Or should I call you Mr. Klonk. I'm going to play around with the descending 7th thing. And the ascending 5th thing. The James Bond rising 5th is so iconic. But hey, I have Stevie Wonder's Innervisions album in vinyl. When I li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played Grand Piano ... by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Celdor, Interesting read, Thank you for sharing your experience. The idea of trying a nice grand one of these days scares me in a way, may be not, but my gut feeling tells me if I did it would become an obsession I want one even more, Not that I do
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Dreamer by Cmin @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Hi! I just wanted to share my video. Dreamer on Youtube For the recording I used a Roland FP-80 keyboard with Pianoteq. Enjoy!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Key Sensitivity/Dynamics by Mace @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

Thanks again for all your comments. I agree that I may not be entirely happy with most DPs, especially in my budget. However, it's not a permanent or full-time replacement. I have taken a job which requirements me to work and stay in another city dur
Adult Beginners Forum
Yes Kyle Landry is such an inspiration for me. He is amazing ! If you really love it i don't doubt that you'll be a nice pianist If you have some questions on my experiences just let me know, everything is possible.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

That's a change from the Fandangos! Very nice.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is "Playing by ear"? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

Hi I don't know how I learnt my native language And, yes, I am not forgetting I want to be able to play by ear some day so try to do some little things to improve it, though I know it will be slow.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart Piano Concerto no. 23 by Saffet @ Yesterday at 04:57 PM

I removed the block on YouTube for 2nd mvt so are you able to watch now? Let me know.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Regarding Chopin's Op. 27 No. 2 by LFYM @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

I find that you need to rotate so much your hand that I end up missing the pinky sometimes. I'm gonna try to practice a bit more.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Arthur Friedheim's 1905 piano roll of the Liszt Sonata by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

Hi Everyone, Today I became aware that Arthur Friedheim's piano roll of the Liszt Sonata is available on YouTube. Though the piano roll medium is variably satisfactory for listening, nonetheless and going far into the recording one can hear many in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any drum (Percussion) comping apps? by Farmerjones @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

I use Chordbot for android. While it's more than just a drum kit. You can however simply select only drums to accompany you. I'll bet it won't be long until you add a bass line too. Yes, and it quickly changes beats per minute. And you can save and
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Do chord substitutions need to be diatonic to the key
by DeadPoets
05/27/15 02:43 AM
How practical is amateur piano tuning for one's self only?
by amv256
05/27/15 01:46 AM
What are some cool piano facebook groups?
by brucepiano
05/27/15 01:36 AM
Lessons hampered: my digital piano vs. her acoustic piano
by amv256
05/27/15 01:34 AM
Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please
by ThePawn
05/26/15 10:30 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,428 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,365 Topics
2,410,908 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission