Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why 88 keys? by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 01:54 PM

I'm still chuckling about the idea of a full wingspan face-plant. I shall compose a new concerto which uses this marvelous technique as a glorious ending. Ah, with contra glissandi ... Splat!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ Today at 01:53 PM

I felt much better about the gig this week. However, I don't think I, objectively, played any better that I did the week before. So I've decided that the way I feel has absolutely nothing to do with how the gig actually went There were a couple of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by talfi composer @ Today at 01:41 PM

Well, finally not, I will stick to my normal life. My plan, for those who are interested by the topic, was to create a website where: - artists would be able to register and manage their own portfolio (so that they can use the site in a professional
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cahn--"Reflections" by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 01:34 PM

Glen!! Phil!! Thanks for listening and commenting. The "take it for free" box had a large assortment of practically mint condition student pieces that look to be somewhat "intermediate" or "early advanced" level. Som
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing the piano again by Mr.Wolf @ Today at 01:18 PM

Thank you Barbara, Marty and Larry!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: give up on old acoustics and buy a digital? by carojm36 @ Today at 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: GanddalfI had a similar problem with several pianos. In our climate humidity varies a lot over the year and this affects tuning. Much of this problem disappered when I purchased a "humidistat" unit (Damp Chaser) that c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by cromax @ Today at 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Almaviva Lisbon has a metropolitan population of 3.5 million. One would think a city that large would have a decent selection of piano dealers and brands, but according to Cromax that is not the case. Not from what I've found
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Action regulating by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:47 PM

I have to ask. How did you learn to do all that work without consulting a book that has the regulation steps in it?
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Tunewerk @ Today at 12:46 PM

So, if you are hearing through all the noise of two strings, one in movement and one out of tune, with all those test intervals, I'm impressed. This is certainly not a beginner technique and many people who are advanced cannot do this. I'll give yo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Easter Themed Recordings - Kawai CA95 by LarryMan @ Today at 12:26 PM

Hi there, Very well done, you make me thinking for a CA95 now smile, with such a great sound make me wandering if a slab is a wise purchase. Happy Easter to you!
Jump to new posts Re: DIsassemble Kawai MP10/MP11 by dewster @ Today at 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: proxThe cable looks much like a PC fan cable, but it's actually a little smaller, so I'd probably have to make my own extension cable. That's probably what I would do. Though make sure that it won't move around and get in the w
Originally Posted By: OlekHello, I am very curious to the setup used and the kind of graphs obtained. Would you be kind enough to post a few pics ? Without entering the private findings of course. The usual "durometer" does not give infor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New 52" upright with 10K budget? by piano39 @ Today at 11:44 AM

I just bought a "gray market" Yamaha UX-3 for $5K. Just came from Japan. In all aspects, it looks brand new, no issues. I wish that I could compare it to a brand new one. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with this one. Like the man said, yo
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
I am aware of how the factory does it; that is not my concern--my focus has more to do with perfection, not cost-effiency. I am in the US with limited tools, and I made those bends by hand to demonstrate that a single string wire could be bent in su
Jump to new posts Re: Antique Piano Shop from TN by Nash. Piano Rescue @ Today at 11:05 AM

Something that should be addressed is that people automatically think that because they paid 5 figures for a piano to be rebuilt that it is automatically worth that much. Then they try to sell it later and can't give it away. My place is full of re
Adult Beginners Forum
Happy Easter! It is difficult for me to explain how much fun I have had contributing to the organization of this recital. Of course I know I have a propensity to overdo things. Did you like the signature? Thank you Chris (Whizbang)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by jeffreyjones @ Today at 10:16 AM

For Bach, the French Suite #2 is one of my favorites, relatively easy and enjoyable to play with some touching moments. The Allemande is amazing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial v Steinway D by LJC @ Today at 09:43 AM

I've played way more Steinway's than Bosies but in general my impressions are that the Bosie is very easy to play softly. The Bosie excels at allowing the pianist to express himself. Playing trills is so easy on the Bosie. I do not agree that the Bos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest piano piece ever written by Brendan @ Today at 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: KuanpianoIf we're talking about hard "songs", Christopher O'Riley's Radiohead transcriptions are insanely difficult. They're hard, but not impossible. Most of the stuff in there is pretty natural after you practice
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning stability problems... by LJC @ Today at 09:14 AM

G - Not in charge of your windows and open to piano killer environment. Oh boy.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Steve Cohen @ Today at 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartySteve, I thought that bridge was owned by the Governor of New Jersey? Is it for sale again? Not any more...I bought it from Christie. He said he certainly didn't need it anymore!
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Upright - Please help identify by Olek @ Today at 08:33 AM

With the serial number you have every thing. Numbers for American made models are on the Yamaha Web site. As well as other provenances (korea, I guess, but not Englandl) .
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Greg Pauley in Concert June 1st, Sunday 3:30pm by Larry Buck @ Today at 07:58 AM

Greg is back for his 3rd concert of Beethoven sonatas. Greg will perform all 32 Beethoven Sonatas in nine concerts over three years. Don't miss it. Our Performance space is here on Facebook; E. J. Buck & Sons Performances You will see all
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX 850 by Lester Burnham @ Today at 07:50 AM

Might be worth seeing whether there's any bundle deals available from where you're buying your PX-850 - for the bench at least (the headphones they throw in don't tend to be up to much). Then you could use the Amazon gift card just for the headphone
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand vs Roland V Piano - touch by EssBrace @ Today at 07:33 AM

Many congratulations on the baby!! Good luck with the sale of the RX-2. If you were in the UK I'd come and have a look myself - it's one of the pianos on my list for when my house extension is finished. Cheers, Steve
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
142 registered (alex-kid, accordeur, 3rd Ear, Anote, 41 invisible), 1511 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74258 Members
42 Forums
153609 Topics
2251322 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How did YOU get started on software pianos?
by doremi
04/20/14 03:02 PM
Advice needed: what to do with piano during a major remodel
by akita
04/20/14 02:31 PM
Few questions from a newbie regarding Bach and playing piano
by The Lark Ascending
04/20/14 02:18 PM
Should I play piano with different tone setting?
by Clannad
04/20/14 01:53 PM
I just can't get my head around temperament!
by LarryShone
04/20/14 01:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission