Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
77 registered (AprilE, Almaviva, Bach2Black, AZNpiano, ando, ambrozy, 17 invisible), 1290 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone use Piano Marvel? by sonhnguyen @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By lakers4shoHi, thanks to this thread I have discovered Piano Marvel! What do you guys think about it? For someone who doesn't have access to an actual piano teacher, I am interested in this sort of learning tool so I am thinking o
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Yamaha ENSPIRE DGB1K ENST by AlexRod @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

I haven't received it yet, expect it next month, but I can tell you that the salesman made it play with an iPhone.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Ledger Notes? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

The approach I've used may not be the best, but it's really simple: Learn, memorize, where all the "C"'s are (five of them). Ignore all the other letter names, just figure them out as intervals from the landmark "C"'s.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Morodiene You can test this out by turning on the TV to a talk show or where people are speaking conversationally, and turn on your metronome to 116. It will fit perfectly with that. Then turn it slightly above or below, and it w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by kapelli @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

Lol, there is always something under development
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How slowly should one progress? by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By rocket88Originally Posted By Clammybefore I started taking lessons I got through half of Alfred's Adult Piano Course in a bit over a week With a good teacher properly guiding a student, getting through half of Alfred's takes abo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why do composers choose a particular key for a... by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiThere is a different physicality and ease to playing (certain kinds of passages) predominantly on black keys that composers starting with Chopin often exploited. Try playing a Faure song accompaniment originally in G-fla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YUS5 by Jason74 @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

I've actually had a YUS5 for about 18 Months, and have been delighted with it, but it does sound as though it might not be the right choice for you. You mentioned the clear difference between the YUS5 and the U3, and certainly there is a big tonal ga
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Horror Movies About Pianists by cefinow @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By Terry MichaelA personal favorite: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hands_of_Orlac_(1924_film) the hands of orlac. Interesting. "After losing his hands in an accident, a world-famous pianist receives transplanted hand
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Working with an orchestra by DaveRobertsJazz @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

I'm in a community college chamber orchestra class that will be performing my first orchestral composition in December, "Winter is Coming." I just wanted to recommend this process to any other fledgling composers. It's been very helpful to
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 11th Chords by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

This: Originally Posted By dire tonic In my own experience, the conscious process of building the chord, the way 'you see it', the device you use to remember it, is cast off once the chord is fully memorised, where the symbol on the page becomes an a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: new piano! by KRjjc @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

Thanks for the encouragement.
Jump to new posts My new YT video - 3 Louis Jordan tunes by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

I recently recorded 3 Louis Jordan tunes in one video. I've been reading a biography on him. He was one of the greats. The YT video is intended for local marketing. As a demo.
The only thing I would add to what you're doing with your talented daughter is have her listen to all sorts of recorded music. And I suspect that's happening already.
Pianist Corner
Everything everybody's already said, plus: One resource I've used most of my adult life, and is still good, is Thurston Dart's The Interpretation of Music", long out of print but very useful: https://www.amazon.com/Interpretation-Mu...+interpr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can a stiff wrist affect your neck? by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

A bad sleeping posture, and riding my bike with too low handlebars caused me to have something similar wuth my neck and shoulders. Sounds like an age thing. It should get better on it`s own but probably not soon. Hope you prove me wrong.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for hiring a piano teacher for a project. by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 03:34 PM

Hi Felipe, I don't recommend this approach. Learning a musical instrument, or learning to sing, is not like learning a purely abstract skill with no physical analogue such as computer programming. You can pretty easily teach people how to read not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying first grand piano... help!!! by violarules @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

Congrats! Schimmel's are excellent pianos. The 5'1" model was just about the best short grand I have ever heard.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: German piano industry and ?? by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By gynnisInteresting that Seiler is no longer listed as a "Made in Germany" piano. My 206 proudly sports the label G√úTEZEICHEN RAL DEUTSCHE KLAVIERE. This instrument was built in 1988. The BVK certification is useful bu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: shigeru sk5 heavy action = normal ? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

1/3 to 1/2 is acceptable. Cheers Ian.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Steinway M by Pianopetals @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

I am wondering if someone can give me an idea of what price to ask for my 2004 Steinway M with Pianomation installed by Steinway. It has a black satin finish and is in excellent condition, with a wonderful tone. It was purchased new by my husband and
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by brooster @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By Jay RolandHi Johnny, Estimate? Best guess is before the end of November. I didn't hear anything besides November even at Launch. The only other thing I can add about the FP-90, is that I am buying one personally. For me, this
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts Selling an antique Steinway, Style 1, 1869 by Meridith @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

I am helping my mother sell a Steinway, Style 1, 7'3" grand piano. My parents bought it in the 1980's and had it fully restored by a renowned Steinway technician, who has since passed away. My mother is going to be downsizing in the next few yea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

30. Sonatina in C - Latour 31. Morning Has Broken - Alfred AIO Book 2 32. Alexander's Ragtime Band - Alfred AIO Book 2 33. Come Thou Almighty King - Hymn 34. My Daydream - Piano Adventures 2A 35. Castle By the Sea - Mier 36. Armadillo Rag - Mier 37.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Hailun 121? by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

Darrell Fandrich's upright action also uses a spring on the jack, but I haven't compared all of the approaches to see the spec differences.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What's Korg up to?
by ElmerJFudd
10/25/16 10:52 PM
Ideas? What should new summer adult piano workshop offer?
by ElaineAllegro
10/25/16 10:39 PM
"European style" Dampers
by jdevajames
10/25/16 09:42 PM
Need technical advice on a 1990 Young Chang G185
by Scott Young DC
10/25/16 09:08 PM
Does this seem too good to be true?
by Piano90X
10/25/16 06:00 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,359 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,972 Topics
2,565,837 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission