Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
151 registered (alerique, augustm, ajames, acortot, 38 invisible), 1711 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old Heintzman Upright or new Kawai K-800 by Robert 45 @ Today at 11:46 AM

Congratulations and enjoy your new Kawai K-800! Kind regards, Robert.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoForAll by TheodorN @ Today at 11:29 AM

R_B, I had the same problem with playing the video clips from within the PDFs, on at least one of my computers, but it worked on others, as far as I remember. Some examples of solution - first make sure you have the latest Adobe Reader *, or install
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin Valse Op. 38 by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 11:27 AM

Hi, babama! My great thanks -- I'd never heard of the Scriabin Valse at all, but it is certainly a vintage example of what I call his "middle period" -- beyond his "Chopin wannabe" phase (and I don't mean that disparagingly; he
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by mom3gram @ Today at 11:24 AM

10. The Ash Grove 11. Sippin' Cider Through a Straw 12. On With the Show - Alfred Premier 2A 13. Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Faber Adult Book 1 14. Bartok's Study - Alfred Premier 2A 15. Irish Washerwoman 16. Guantanamera - Alfred AIO Book 2 "
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Mental NomadYou're talking about an elastic collision. Oops, you're right. Quote: Your physics is off - the elastic collision has nothing to do with acceleration. MV = MV. So if the mass on one side is 5 and the velocity is 2, t
Adult Beginners Forum
Justin B: While I work in the jazz idiom, I know what you are talking about. In my early years, I would frequently loose track of where I was in a measure. I would think I've played four beats when I'd only played for three. All I can say is that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by Moonsh1ne @ Today at 11:12 AM

In reality, you'll be able to play the vast majority of piano repertoire for your own and others enjoyment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by Riddler @ Today at 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By jotur Wow, Ed, it was worth having searched all those years for you, bro!.... Thanks, sis. (Can we keep a running joke going, or what?) Ed
Jump to new posts Re: I did it! Bought a Yamaha N2 and LOVE it! by fizikisto @ Today at 11:01 AM

Tom, Congratulations on your purchase! It's great that we have so many choices so that we can all better find a piano that speaks to our needs. I'm glad that you found one that speaks to yours. I hope that it brings you many years of enjoyment.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Oorabeek-Worldcat Entry by Seeker @ Today at 10:56 AM

Oorabeek-Worldcat Entry
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Moonsh1ne @ Today at 10:46 AM

Well I don't know if this is much of an achievement, but I went to the Chinese New Year event at Steinway Hall last night, and spoke with Jiaxin Tian, who thought she recognized me and mistaken me for a musician. At least maybe I look like a musicia
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Oh, that's a good point. I turned off my camera microphone because I wear headphones and it was just recording background noise (like the tv that is constantly on). But, if syncing up the audio makes it an easier process, I'll just kick my family mem
Jump to new posts Re: CA67 vs MP11 - Thoughts? Experiences? by Morodiene @ Today at 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By StratOriginally Posted By MorodieneWow, that's a bit harsh, don't you think? The VPC1 is a niche market among niche markets (DPs). I know we are accustomed to wanting something, and being able to buy it and get it right away, but
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I acquired a Steinway A in an estate sale by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 10:39 AM

The "Golden Era" piano sound is almost totally due to the lighter, softer hammers they used and the fact that they are broken in now, (most of these pianos hammers are worn out by now so I am referring to the few well-preserved, low-playing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction! Hello! by Jen Weir @ Today at 10:34 AM

Will do, Barbara. Thanks!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Voice of the Piano Website by Seeker @ Today at 10:34 AM

Voice of the Piano Website
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by cathryn999 @ Today at 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Submit, Cathryn! An out of tune piano doesn't hide the work you've put in. The point of the recital is for YOU to focus attention for three months on the music in the piece. It's not to entertain US, though we are always e
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ledger Lines by missbelle @ Today at 09:30 AM

I have explained it a couple of times, that like people, you are seen in different directions, but YOU are the same person. You are a child, a grandchild, a sibling, a student, a friend, etc... but you are the same person. An older person looks down
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 Auto Power Off by darrix @ Today at 08:52 AM

Thanks, James, it worked!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a Piano less Loud? by Ruslan81 @ Today at 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By Moose776Hi everyone so I got my first piano this past December, a 1960 Wurlirzer Spinet. It was also tuned a couple weeks ago. Well my problem is that the piano sounds extremely loud to me. To the point where it makes my ears al
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by TimR @ Today at 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdel BTW, how come a personal trainer gets paid double than a piano teacher with only 2 years of training!!!!!! Couple of reasons. Bottom line, they generate more income for their employer. More detailed: they bring
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11" by Steve Peterson @ Today at 08:26 AM

I really like the new Baldwins I've played. They aren't up to the level of the top tiers anymore, but the ones I've played have been quite nice and represent a real value. I'm excited to see them come out with a bigger model, and look forward to pla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: iceface tuned piano (Microtonal Lucid Fairy Tale) by hreichgott @ Today at 08:11 AM

I actually really liked both examples. I think it's clear what you're doing musically. The microtonal notes have a purpose in the music that helps us understand them. In both pieces the microtonal notes are ornaments. The first piece I almost turned
Originally Posted By Hendrik42 The N2 is almost twice the price of an K200-ATX2-f. For the almost 5000 EUR more you get a grand piano action and a sound engine from 2009. I don't think that the year of development is an adequate assessment criterio
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by jokke @ Today at 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenOriginally Posted By jokke . . . So in short, there should be no advantage of connecting the DP to sound card instead of computer. From computer software (such as Pianoteq) viewpoint, both ways will look identical.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I promised myself I wouldn't post one of these but...
by gooddog
02/12/16 12:30 PM
Role of each sensor in a triple sensor system
by mezzopiano
02/12/16 12:14 PM
Strange tone an octave lower than note played
by DanS
02/12/16 11:50 AM
Roland KR-105 vs Yamaha YDP-223
by mamero
02/12/16 10:52 AM
Hi. I am new and a learner..
by JaydeesLaydee
02/12/16 10:21 AM
Forum Stats
82,560 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,438 Topics
2,494,661 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission