Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
120 registered (Anne'sson, anamnesis, 36251, 39 invisible), 1302 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical improvisation in real time by bennevis @ Today at 07:34 PM

A full-length lecture given by Levin in Cambridge (England - hence his use of British musical terminology) three years ago, expounding on embellishments and improvisations in Mozart, starting with K457: http://youtu.be/wkFdAigjmLA
Adult Beginners Forum
Starting to tackle "When the Saints Go Marching In", These are more than a little rough. I need to incorporate the metronome like Noonie. May take a while to knock these out but I'm enjoying the learning.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Nocturnes Paderewski editions by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 07:23 PM

We gave the topic of Chopin editions a good clobbering over on the Pianist Corner board about a month ago. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2430828/Best_Edition_of_Chopin's_Works.html#Post2430828 Over here, I'd say it doesn't
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a new piano by David Jenson @ Today at 07:21 PM

A good tech (one that does this work routinely) will have to rebush the keys.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach's Prelude, BWV 846 by LarryShone @ Today at 07:08 PM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Phone Book (Schirmer Ultimate Collection) by currawong @ Today at 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiComb binding. 724 pages.In my experience comb bindings tear, jam and fall apart even when there are relatively few pages. I can only imagine the nightmare a 724-page one would be!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces by lpcmidst128 @ Today at 06:34 PM

You can discover quite a lot of artists on the Whisperings Solo Piano radio website. I like watching videos on Youtube of them playing. They have some of their concerts on Youtube and its nice to be able to watch and listen to them perform live. That
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recitals by Morodiene @ Today at 05:27 PM

I'm fine with all Baroque, but mostly likely would play Bach myself.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Morodiene @ Today at 05:23 PM

OK, confession time! I missed playing piano yesterday. Did I touch a piano? Yes. I moved it back into my newly-painted room. Did I press any keys? Yes. I accidentally pressed down some keys in transit. But was I playing? No. I meant to get back to i
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By CanCakmurDear friends Thank you very much for your kind words! Bartok's music means so much to me, and I want to study him as much as possible. I want also to share something that made me really happy. I learned few days ago tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by picasso18 @ Today at 05:10 PM

I use a desktop piano lamp from Cocoweb http://www.cocoweb.com/14-led-piano-desk-lamp-antique-brass/ Definitely worth the price. When you own a piano, you want the very best to light it up, you simply can't use a second rate lamp on such an important
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by CarlosCC @ Today at 05:10 PM

Great videos and performances! Congratulations to all the (lucky) participants! And SwissMS, great great job hosting this party. x1.000
I have a red ribbon attached to the handle of my rubber mute Not that I secure it to anything, but it avoid the fall of the mute in the piano; in rare cases I can catch the ribbon before too late ! Papps mute fall less, but indeed mine could have i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very confused about grey market Yamahas by mivaldes @ Today at 04:45 PM

I just wouldn't want to own a grey piano. What a terrible color for a piano. (Kidding).
Jump to new posts lacquer for sharps by Olek @ Today at 04:04 PM

Hello I have those keys Steinway , where the (ebony ?) sharps have been sealed/lacquered then polished , with a black lacquer of course the lacquer is gone in the central part of the keyboard I am not willing to strip the sharps but I will use al
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Baby Goats by Rickster @ Today at 03:50 PM

Feeding my baby goats
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ Today at 03:33 PM

Not so many brides this summer. But I have been thinking a lot about beaches. Here's my new essay, ridiculously off topic, but fun, nonetheless. BEACH SONG I love the ocean. The most musical of earth’s components, its pulse—rhythmic yet unpredi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by barbaram @ Today at 02:58 PM

And another - I'm at the halfway mark, hurray! 20. Rebikov: Playing Soldiers https://app.box.com/s/eu70htai0mgu6w6vcn7b1s8hkh4wies1 For such a short little piece there were a number of good learning elements in this. I'm off on holidays on Saturda
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: If anybody still needs studio monitors by Kbeaumont @ Today at 02:54 PM

I have a pair of the LSR308 and my bass player has a pair of the the LSR305. I have posted a couple of recommendations for them. They sound great! For piano I couldn't tell the the difference between the two. The LS308 have a little more balls on kic
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping track of students' motivation by Saranoya @ Today at 02:44 PM

Do you have your students keep a practice diary? (This does not have to be anything more than "I practiced for x minutes on this day"). The amount of practice they're doing doesn't tell you everything, obviously, even when it *is* logged
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RCM Piano Sampler by Reiki3 @ Today at 02:36 PM

Thanks for posting this! They have provided enough sample pieces for each level to give me an idea of how difficult they will be when I get to them. And I have a long way to go, since I'm still working on level 2. So, I had fun yesterday trying to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello. Any adult beginner in Singapore? by Alsenkiat @ Today at 01:19 PM

Hello. I just started in April. Bought a digital piano as well. Don't know anything, signed up with Play By Ear and 3 months later I quitted and starting with a private teacher this Friday. Hope all is well with your school! Which school by the way
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Improv courses for advanced classical pianist by RolledTacos @ Today at 01:09 PM

I would appreciate any information and/or wisdom you have gleaned from some of the courses 'marketed' online. Truly marketed! I want to learn how to fill in with fake books or just a melody line. I need to work on my theory knowledge and the chords
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Rattly key on my casio by bill5 @ Today at 12:54 PM

On the ones I tried at least, I noticed the Yamahas are a bit noisy too. Not as bad as Casios though.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Debargue by da96103 @ Today at 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingI'd rather not debate or argue about Debargue. Not possible. Debargue can't failed to be debated or argued about. (even after the competition.) [It is already written in his name]
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Glides and Lubricants
by sonnichs
07/07/15 10:38 PM
Need Advice on Steinway and Sons Upright Piano
by Gau Bya
07/07/15 09:25 PM
pin rust
by cordoba
07/07/15 08:12 PM
Necessary to replace a pinblock simply due to age?
by machineintel
07/07/15 07:14 PM
Bach's Prelude, BWV 846
by LarryShone
07/07/15 06:37 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,910 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,369 Topics
2,424,940 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission