Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
100 registered (AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, 36251, ando, Anne'sson, 20 invisible), 1587 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help from other adult beginners and/or piano teachers by Charles Cohen @ Today at 06:28 AM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCWI'm not sure it can be accurately written, but it's certainly not worth the effort. Try notating this timing https://vid.me/6rKT That sounds like 2 (in the piano) against 3 (a triplet-swung drum and bass). There may b
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts The 3 you always come back to? by 36251 @ Today at 06:26 AM

I asked this question on other forum. I listen to a vast number of great pianists for enjoyment, study, reflection, etc., but I recently realized as great as they all are I always gravitate back to three. It could be pianists, organists, or anyone.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Mendelssohn - Songs Without Words (Op. 19, No. 4) by Dave Androos @ Today at 05:14 AM

Hi I'm a self taught amateur pianist based near London, England. I started playing the piano again in February 2015 (I had lessons as a 6 year old for a couple of years. I'm now 34.) I've been playing every day since and finally plucked up the co
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Issues in Yamaha Digital Piano (Clavinova) by Aly Baracat @ Today at 05:01 AM

I don't know why it isn't showing for some people!! You can check it from the link in my signature !! I would really appreciate your feedback and comments on it
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I need feedback from all the composers here :D by Aly Baracat @ Today at 04:51 AM

I really appreciate your feedback!! I will take that into consideration when I record other pieces
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Of course. Bear in mind that too stiff a bristle leaves fine scratches that may not be noticed until its too late.
Jump to new posts Re: New to the Forum and Keyboards by drewrst @ Today at 03:25 AM

Welcome and good luck on this new journey, Ed. Ive been away from the voluntary classroom a while but last time I checked the new world had not yet turned so far upside down that students wanting to learn shoud be concerned with wasting a teacher's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170, 1980 or 2010? by Boesi007 @ Today at 02:55 AM

There is an original protective film from the Bösendorfer-factory on the black polished surface - the grand piano can be played in the showroom anyway.
Jump to new posts Re: Target EMTECH EM6600 Raven Black Lacquer by Dale Fox @ Today at 02:15 AM

Depends on how good a finish you are after. I use Target exclusively for finishing but EM6600 Raven Black is a satin sheen that, while it is extremely opaque, it does not give you an easily sanded surface to work with. If you are good with an out
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: American music pre-1900 by BDB @ Today at 01:57 AM

It will take you a lot of reading just to get started. I suggest that you peruse the long post about piano books in the FAQs for this area to get some ideas of what to read.
https://www.hellerbass.eu/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carpal tunnel surgery by Mark_C @ Today at 01:44 AM

Why are you so quick to be thinking of surgery?
Please be quiet. and please power on your CLP. after 2-3seconds you could hear click sound around amp board? it's switching muterelay unlock sound. no sound --- power amp IC is dead .TA8233H.price is around 5-6$. pin15 Lch out pin11 Rch out you hav
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rubinstein Concerto 4 by doctor S @ Today at 12:31 AM

When I was 16, it was considered a "youth concerto" (I got to play it twice with community orchestras). It is a fine concerto. Perhaps not many teachers will risk recommending it to a student to play in a competition. Audiences would p
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD100 Loud Keybed by chrislandon @ Today at 12:16 AM

Hi Jay, I'm in Burbank, California. I do believe there's a corporate headquarters in Los Angeles but you may also know of a different place. I appreciate the info. I agree that it probably just needs a little love and attention. Without hearing the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best edited version? by outo @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

I am yet to see useful editions of Scarlatti with fingerings. Working your own is much more useful IMO.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good price for a used Steinway Model M? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Spoiler Content Originally Posted By Ryan Crossette4. Ed ... tends to give pretty sound advice many time on these forums. Interesting acknowledgment, because -- someone correct me if I'm wrong; I don't like to put words in people's mouths -- I belie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By joe80Well, you've done your homework! Regarding the Estonia - you've played two Estonias that you found were too heavy. Now - just as a side, weren't you the one who was worried about performance related injuries last year or t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel W180 || Yamaha C2X by MusicInTheSticks @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

Thanks Eric! I appreciate the info on the action adjustments. I've been talking with a local Schimmel dealer and I think for right now I'm going to take a few hours and play the instrument. I think I need to spend a bit more time than I had last
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts YouTube Lesson Video - Pentatonic Scales by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Here's a video I made explaining major and minor pentatonic scales:
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing studio policy and lesson fees by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By ArghhhOriginally Posted By Peter K. Mose Regarding the move to 45-minute lessons, you could phase out the half-hour lessons over the next 2 years, and raise your rates by 50% in a similar phase-in. It's been a while since you p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by Palmpirate @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLib Those of us on the Eastern Seaboard would love some of that beautiful Victoria weather! I'm 10 days gone from Victoria and miss it a lot! Mmmmm , Life's a bitch isn't it, and it's sunny out there!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI files to the Bach Chorales by MrWups @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

http://www.kunstderfuge.com/bach/organ.htm#Choral-Preludes has a variety of Bach Chorales – not all for piano, however.
Jump to new posts Re: Fine tuning the ES8 by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By AZ_AstroCould you comment on the sound of the ES8 vs the sound of the VST packages that you own? Well, all I can tell you is that I rarely use any of my software packages now. I try them periodically b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Work on four-note broken chord exercises while you're getting ready to play the Moonlight. When you can play them easily in all keys at your desired tempo for the 3rd movement you're ready to learn it
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Wheel of Fourths - Jazz
by hyena
07/27/16 10:32 AM
Summertime physics puzzler
by Robert Scott
07/27/16 09:46 AM
To share or not to share?
by Dave Androos
07/27/16 07:45 AM
What's normally taught in jazz piano lessons?
by pianopap
07/27/16 06:57 AM
The 3 you always come back to?
by 36251
07/27/16 06:26 AM
Forum Stats
84,442 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,166 Topics
2,543,411 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission