Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
157 registered (accordeur, Abby Pianoman, alfredo capurso, ajames, Almaviva, 38 invisible), 1594 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
I saw the film again last night: instead of watching it along with 3 other people, as I did the first time, I watched it along with 13 other people. A guess that's a groundswell for our field. Anyway, it held up a second time, and has a lovely aura
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to assess difficulty of a song? by Arngr @ Today at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Arngr Are there other quick ways of getting an indication of what the difficulty of a song is. You could try playing it. When asking for a quick way, it's implicit that it should take less time than
Help Wanted / Positions Wanted (Employment)
Looking for piano teachers/students from different countries to translate the http://haostaff.com website homepage into your native language (from English). Chinese already done. Someone is already doing Russian. Looking for ALL other languages. Paid
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 USB recording length issues by rungabic @ Today at 12:27 PM

Hi James, I really appreciate your detailed response to my post, and I know you understand that I'm not trying to make mountains out of molehills. Obviously, it's not likely anyone will need to record for hours...nevertheless, I've definitely discov
Jump to new posts Re: Self Taught Musician Considering The Yamaha MOXF8 by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 12:22 PM

Yes, the complexity increases to very challenging levels if you integrate it into Cubase and also start mixing different manufacturers gear, e.g. adding Native Instruments Machine2 and various software components into the same project mix. If I stay
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Cappuccino, I'm starting Alfred's level 2, and I can say I did enjoy level 1. It taught me a lot of things, and other than that, some of the songs were great. However, like others have said, not everyone likes those songs - even I barely have 7 o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by outo @ Today at 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By verqueueOriginally Posted By outoAnd I loved it that you even added some noices to make it like an authentic live recording with an audience What noices? I didn't add anything... The loud breathing at some points
Adult Beginners Forum
Ron - please do keep in touch. I'm sorry it's such a haul for you, but I'm glad you're still around Hope it gets better and better for you - I'm always interested in how the piano system is working. Lots of good thoughts coming your way - you're c
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Cyndi Lauper - True colors by Danijelcro @ Today at 09:43 AM

It's an oldie but goldie Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YPUBEWUJOM
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What happened in 1980? by Steve Cohen @ Today at 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By S. PhillipsIt was combination of the beginning of the recession which began in 1982 and the end of the baby boomer children taking lessons. The baby boomers were a product of their parent's generation. We all had to learn the p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Today at 09:06 AM

Of course, Spitfire! Welcome to the club. I will add you to the list.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone actually played a Kawai CA-97? by lophiomys @ Today at 09:01 AM

The MP7 & MP11 owners want to have this quantum leap too!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by BrianDX @ Today at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By joturOriginally Posted By mom3gramCathy, I wish I could attend one of your "gigs". Those are all fun songs for us older folks. I guess I qualify, as I will be 70 on Saturday. I'm about 10 months behind you, so we're
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by lophiomys @ Today at 08:59 AM

Musikmesse Frankfurt, mid April probably.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1996 C2 or 2008 GC1 by malkin @ Today at 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By 3wcsmith...We have an old upright that his teacher said he outgrew 3 years ago. ... You could read this two ways. One way is with urgency: Oh no! He outgrew the piano long ago; he needs a better piano right now! You could
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lang Lang piano academy course books.... by sinophilia @ Today at 08:41 AM

I dig this up because I'm almost finished with Lang Lang's PA volume 3. No, I didn't learn all 24 pieces in 4 months, of course not. I went through them all and studied the technical parts but only learned a few (about a month each, two pieces at a t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lightness Of Touch by joe80 @ Today at 08:38 AM

Batuhan, you are right that there are many pianists who bash, coupled with many pianos that are too bright. However I don't share quite the same bleak view that all pianists are like that. I can quote you some examples of pianists with a beautiful
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Piano Methods by Celdor @ Today at 08:01 AM

Thanks for your answers I know more or less what I should look for. Originally Posted By DragonPianoPlayerGrade 4 doesn't mean much. There are so many different grading systems that I can't tell where you are jut based on that. If you can rea
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Inexperienced pianists by Craig Hair @ Today at 07:51 AM

Perhaps it might be a beginner's tendancy to play a particular piece over and over; concentrating wear on just a few keys. And, as beginners are rarely concerned with playing softly, the effect may be to hammer the voicing out of balance. It would m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By kpembrookOr, just tune with mutes and bypass the whole issue. Easy for you and me to say but here is a relatively inexperienced tuner tuning their first grand. I wouldn't recommend adding to the burden of the situation by incl
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Re: Cool performance on a Rodgers 599 by Rich Galassini @ Today at 07:32 AM

I thought there might be interest in a little video from the concert:
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI instrument mapping on KDP-90? by Jasper E. @ Today at 07:19 AM

In the meanwhile I got a response from support: the MIDI instrument changes to unkown instruments are just ignored. Now I guess I understand what was happening -- the previous instrument was used...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do we know about Shadd Pianos? by joe80 @ Today at 06:35 AM

looks like a crock of sh*t to me. there is a picture of a Bl├╝thner, and then three Chinese pianos. Did any of these people say those things? Scam I say.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Performance Grade Upright search by mabraman @ Today at 06:35 AM

Schimmels have a very warm tone, I like them a lot! But they are too expensive for me. Congratulations!
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by CarlosCC @ Today at 05:30 AM

We know that time is running and we've to take a decision soon... We have a tiny chance to be at EPP but nothing is decided yet. So, keep us in the "maybe list" for now.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
name that tune....
by paradice
03/26/15 03:52 PM
BBC RADIO 4 - "Saving Gazas Piano"
by bluebilly
03/26/15 03:47 PM
Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression
by Michiyo-Fir
03/26/15 03:26 PM
Petri playing the Bach-Busoni St. Anne Prelude and Fugue . .
by Michael Sayers
03/26/15 01:37 PM
Alfred's Piano Methods
by Celdor
03/26/15 05:09 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,662 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,724 Topics
2,388,699 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission