Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
141 registered (amadeus90, 36251, anamnesis, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1358 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Nikolai Kapustin - 'easier' pieces by pianoloverus @ Today at 04:15 PM

This Prelude, played by a PW member, is considerably harder than the Sonatina but still not nearly as hard as many of Kapustin's works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3ZLN0pyVI My guess is that some of the other Preludes are on this level or eve
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny vs Hanon by Kalos Piano @ Today at 04:15 PM

as already said, Hanon and Czerny are very different. Hanon provides exercises which only train the technical capability of each hand. Virtually no coordination between the hands is required to play Hanon. Czerny's etudes are basically short pieces
Adult Beginners Forum
Johan gave my answer. Everyone should join a choir, and there's always a choir in your locale that would welcome you. (Private voice lessons may also ensue from the choral experience.)
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Digital painting with Krita (open source) by TADutchman @ Today at 04:07 PM

By coincidence, I discovered a 'hidden' gem for digital painting some time ago: https://krita.org/features/highlights/ Have fun!!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Chris Leslie @ Today at 04:06 PM

A remote possibility is that the action is not sitting correctly on the mounting studs. This can happen despite being able to tighten the brackets on some pianos.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Bouncing w/Bud - Sonny Rollins transcription by Mark Polishook @ Today at 04:01 PM

ID ... You're posting some serious treasure here!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 119 vs Schumann Op. 12 by Mark_C @ Today at 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By Carey....Just make sure you play the introduction really well - and keep it moving along.... ......and don't play the dotted rhythms as triplets, which almost everybody does. Good rule of thumb (as well as all other fingers) o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by beet31425 @ Today at 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_C(Although, if we want to look at it that way, where are the symphonies?) Well, there is *La Mer*, which is kind of a masterpiece. And his *Nocturnes*, a major work for orchestra. Also, if we're looking for variety, let's no
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 15ma = 2 octaves?! by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By JohnSprungI've also used 23 for three octaves for a cross to the deep bass in a lead sheet. Not sure if that should be ma or va or something else. I don't know, but it should certainly be 22 and n
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA p-Series by Fer De Armas @ Today at 03:26 PM

Hey thanks mischeli, but that video was fine for the Roland FP4f not the FP30...!. Cheers!.
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed - Yamaha Arius 142 v Kawaii ES 100 by Fer De Armas @ Today at 03:22 PM

Hi, IMHO Kawai ES100 has a much better key action... Cheers!.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by Gary D. @ Today at 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By TimRMaking a photocopy just because you need two copies for whatever reason is not even close to gray, it is black and white illegal. I doubt that a student doing it would e
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Spring Rail? by Johnkie @ Today at 03:04 PM

Ian: Leaving aside the different terms to describe this "piece of wood" it serves several purposes : It's ideal to attach hammer return springs to instead of having butt springs It stops the damper springs being over stressed when being p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmüller versus Seiler by Docc @ Today at 03:04 PM

The Seiler is a pre-owned ED168. Asking price is higher than my range, but it might be possible to negotiate into my range. It is a dealer piano, 2012 model year. I didn't look at grands when there the first time but will next time to give me tone an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by JohnSprung @ Today at 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By Schazti011I don't have a tuner, so do you just call around to find one that also does appraisals? Thanks. I got an excellent tuner/technician from Angie's List. Find someone local to you, and let them know that they'll becom
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi Andy, Yours is one of the finest visions I've received about the structure and impact of this music. I totally agree with your analysis. Thanks so much for taking time to hear it. I really appreciate it. David
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair value for 1984 Yamaha G-2 Satin finish? by Rickster @ Today at 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By newbie78Hi Terminaldegree, thanks for your reply, I don't know if it is in excellent condition or not. I am just trying to figure out the maximum market price I will pay for this used one assuming it is in excellent condition, so
Member Recordings
I was fixing some issues with my piano today and decided to record this piece while it was open... https://youtu.be/dUI4rTmlluc
Piano Forum
@ian Many thanks! And who does the dusting in your house? You or your wife? Or the staff? ;-)
Jump to new posts Re: Harp Bolts by scgrant @ Today at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By Ed FooteGreetings, To the Knabe specifically; unlike most brands, Knabes often have a plate bolt that is free-floating, i.e., there is nothing under the plate for the bolt to tighten down on. This is most common on the fi
Jump to new posts Soft pedal problem after tuning. by strawberry fields @ Today at 02:03 PM

Hello, My piano teacher's technician (actually it was a substitute technician) did something to her piano where now when you press the soft pedal the keys become much harder to press and the sound is muffled to a great degree. He claims to have done
Adult Beginners Forum
I did Alfred through the beginning of book 3. I agree with others, left hand lazy, but it wasn't too bad because I played out of a sonatina book on the side and a few other things. I have been doing sight reading practice (prima vista) and my teacher
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Venividivici...Suddenly all the songs I've been playing sounded like they "should" which was really quite something. Little wonder - they may all have been recorded on a B. That said, any well-cared-for 7-footer sounds
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by yellojello @ Today at 01:28 PM

Also just noticed there is a firmware update Version 1.02 available. Only change it seems to add "Piano Partner 2" support. http://www.roland.com/support/by_product/fp-30/updates_drivers/351974 Update history [ Ver.1.02 ] MAY 2016 Additio
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Thanks for the link! Ugh, why does it have to $99? Quote:I think the IPAD and the bluetooth foot pedal make it less obvious that I'm using sheet music. I'm terrible about memorizing stuff. I've used the IPAD and the foot pedal at Open Mics too and I
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Please help! Parent of talented kid overwhelmed with choices
by sarir97
38 minutes 0 seconds ago
How big are your hands?
by Nemaara
Today at 05:20 PM
Kitty on the Keys by Frank Mills Sheet Music
by shalomjj
Today at 04:20 PM
Nikolai Kapustin - 'easier' pieces
by BobTB
Today at 03:43 PM
Bouncing w/Bud - Sonny Rollins transcription
by indigo_dave
Today at 03:19 PM
Forum Stats
83,784 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,969 Topics
2,528,346 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission