Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (AndrewJCW, accordeur, Alexander Borro, 36251, Aleksandre, 32 invisible), 1413 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Zoom Recorder Help? by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 01:13 PM

Thanks a lot Charles. I don't know how to use compression, normalizing, riding gain, etc, I will have to read up about it. Yesterday I tried setting the recorder inside the lid of the piano with a boom stand and the sound clarity was much better.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Importance of composers by bennevis @ Today at 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFive When I was in Bergen, the tour guide was very proud to be one of the people who helped donate to build the Grieg Concert hall.... That's probably where I went wrong - I did my own city tours, by foot and public tran
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brian Ganz - Masterclass Maestro by SiFi @ Today at 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By Opus_MaximusI've heard for many years about how he is really one of the best at Peabody, and a super nice guy in general. I have his informative essay and edition on the Chopin preludes. I would love to hear more in specifics abo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I made a decision today... by neciebugs @ Today at 12:56 PM

Kurt, We did indeed. We were planning on making a second trip to Fields and Hollywood Pianos this weekend, but after reflecting and discussion, and sleeping and dreaming... we knew the 1965 L was the one. The cabinet is refreshed to a near new beau
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Menuet 116 JS Bach Study -- by zrtf90 @ Today at 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1I wasn't sure if classical harmony compositions had to have a complete triad to "make" a named bass line chord progression...Classical harmony is just Western harmony. There aren't laws laid down for harmon
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Remembering stories from piano teachers in your past by pianoloverus @ Today at 12:23 PM

I wrote this in a thread in the Members' Recordings section: This reminds me of a story about this movement(the slow movement of Beethoven's Op. 7 Sonata) from long ago. I was studying the second movement(my college teacher had me learn a new Beethov
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etudes Ranked by Difficulty by Polyphonist @ Today at 12:12 PM

What is the point of this exercise?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Let me add my accolades to those already posted on this thread. This is superb, masterful playing. Many thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us. Regards,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By mcguiks . . . DOES ANYONE KNOW..will the USB midi connection on the P115 give me the opportunity to get more tones/beats through the machine Via some kind of software?? The USB-to-computer connection lets you hit keys on the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano BERLIN by BDB @ Today at 11:20 AM

The name is Rich[ard] Becher. There is no information about that name in the piano atlas. It could be a stencil piano, made for a retailer and the name added, or it could be a small obscure maker that probably went out of business about 100 years ago
You can try Pianoteq. They have a very good trial version. It can be used as a standalone software as well so you do not need to know any other stuff. It is pretty much just install and use, very minimal setup.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how much does it cost to refinish a grand these days?? by Steve Senseney @ Today at 10:37 AM

French polish has a few advantages. It is not toxic. It can be repaired immediately or literally hundreds of years later if needed. It is an "art" and does requires some practice. However, I never liked to apply any spray finishes eith
You could get a Casio Privia PX160 and just ignore the sounds, it has very good keys and you save money. Then I think the A88 is your other and only option, the other Studiologic controllers use Fatar keys which are inferior to Roland key actions.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Markarian...let's just hope [they're] busy Agreed! I want to see everyone posting again! PW is less rich and vibrant without each and every one of them...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overtone by rXd @ Today at 09:42 AM

Your opening post said that the note in question has plain steel strings therefor attempting to twist them would be interesting to watch as well as counterproductive as I'm sure your tech will tell you.
Jump to new posts Re: High end piano suggestions by tekaeefixe @ Today at 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By Pete14Is it possible? yes. Is it optimal? no. routing software pianos through the on-board speakers on the AvantGrand is possible, but the results are not great. In other words, the input signal never sounds as good (in terms of
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi Rich Welcome! Why don't you go to a website that let's you preview and hear various arrangements of what you want to learn? I like Music Notes https://www.musicnotes.com/ You can find different versions, and varied difficulty, for the same
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by ClsscLib @ Today at 08:20 AM

Happy Birthday, Robin! @-)-,-'--
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Undertale OST - 27. Dating Fight! (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 08:19 AM

Undertale enthusiasts~ Good upbeat variation! 27. Dating Fight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnHHJrGgi7A&index=27&list=PL62pKfyAHw_yi5Lh_Znnr9Rzzh0Ycep17
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Undertale OST - 26. Dating Tense! (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 08:18 AM

Hello undertale enthusiasts! Gypsy-like tune here! 26. Dating Tense! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW1frHir5bs&index=26&list=PL62pKfyAHw_yi5Lh_Znnr9Rzzh0Ycep17
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Undertale OST - 25. Dating Start! (Piano cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 08:16 AM

Hello undertale enthusiasts! Fresh tune! Anime-like melody. 25. Dating Start! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSiGBLd0GJ4&list=PL62pKfyAHw_yi5Lh_Znnr9Rzzh0Ycep17&index=25
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Undertale OST - 24. BoneTrousle (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 08:14 AM

Hello undertale enthusiasts! Here with a frantic awesome theme! 24. BoneTrousle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-RqltZxbo&index=24&list=PL62pKfyAHw_yi5Lh_Znnr9Rzzh0Ycep17
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Undertale OST - 23. Shop (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 08:13 AM

Hello undertale enthusiasts! Lovely calm shop theme. 23. Shop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWiuR34P7eM&list=PL62pKfyAHw_yi5Lh_Znnr9Rzzh0Ycep17&index=23
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Undertale OST - 22. Snowdin Town (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 08:12 AM

Hello undertale enthusiasts! Very relaxing feel this one! 22. Snowdin Town https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HjD0QUY-fg&list=PL62pKfyAHw_yi5Lh_Znnr9Rzzh0Ycep17&index=22
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Undertale OST - 21. Dogsong (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 08:10 AM

Hello undertale enthusiasts! Jumpy feel for this one! 21. Dogsong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-9hccNqi8&index=21&list=PL62pKfyAHw_yi5Lh_Znnr9Rzzh0Ycep17
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all our members and guests from the U.S.!
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Belated Birthday Orange Soda King!
by pianoloverus
42 minutes 41 seconds ago
Special Thanks on this day to all the techs on PW
by chasingrainbows
50 minutes 40 seconds ago
Disney Piano Songs
by Marie101
Today at 03:50 PM
Isolating notes for acapella singer
by Dru Morgan
Today at 03:44 PM
Happy Birthday Frank.
by Steve Cohen
Today at 01:37 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,560 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,586 Topics
2,469,881 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission