Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
145 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, 36251, A Flat Minor, 36 invisible), 1604 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction and Saying Hello! by Olek @ Today at 01:36 PM

Hello Craig, Welcome ! Thanks having take the time to present yourself, it is appreciated
Jump to new posts Re: A noob says "Hi!" by Olek @ Today at 01:36 PM

Hi Welcome Thanks having take the time to present yourself, it is appreciated
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital pianos - Can they get better ? by TonyB @ Today at 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By B3boyI still think digital pianos are terrible. I've used Yamaha CP4, Nord Piano, Ivory II, Pianoteq5 and many predecessors with excellent controllers and excellent stereo amplification and they still sound like "fingers o
Adult Beginners Forum
Yes, definitely. There are many many facets in measuring one's ability to play an instrument. That's why I'm not really too caught up on the "What grade am I?". In fact, I have no idea what grade I am at but I will assess what music I can p
Jump to new posts Re: No acoustic piano experience by David Farley @ Today at 01:29 PM

I don't know if this will help the OP, but here are some observations after playing both and acoustic and digital for a couple months, after only playing a digital for three years. About three years ago I decided to pick up the piano again after bein
Jump to new posts Been gone for a year - What's new ? by mitzysman @ Today at 01:27 PM

Hi Guys, I've been gone since last November... moving to a new house, fixing up said house, summer activities. Anyhow, anything new out there in the VST world ? what about the 1000.00 digital pianos ?
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND A90ex, RD-500 or RD600... advice needed! by FreedomJazzDance2009 @ Today at 01:27 PM

Ando, your ridiculing of the idea that a Roland RD600 or its cousins would ever need a new set of hammers reveals your lack of knowledge on the subject: I hate to disillusion you, but the RD600 is very susceptible to hammers breaking. I have owned on
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky piano concerto!!!!!!! by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 01:05 PM

Bravo! Terrific! Wearing a jacket goes a long way toward avoiding endless speculation about shoulder tension. 😀
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Arrogance Help ft. Prodigy by Sovrel @ Today at 01:04 PM

yes it was, my bad. Missed the c key.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Real ebony keys and better quality white keytops by JohnSprung @ Today at 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By Dave BJohn, You'll need routers, clamps, and assortment of cutters, specialized contact glue, and specialty gigs. It is something best done by someone who is experienced in key making and repair. What does your technician recom
Jump to new posts Re: how pure are your unisons? by Olek @ Today at 12:52 PM

The "tuning hand" is linked to the listening, that is what I say. But the other role is, by repeating enough the impacts waves in the string, to maintain a sufficient low friction to allow fine motions. Indeed am eventual strong jab c
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ Today at 12:50 PM

So. Next week I'm playing a concert at the sauna. Yes. Music for Naked People. If you've read my books or seen my concert/reading program, you know the German sauna has provided me with a lot of material. FYI: For the concert, I will not be naked.T
My New Piano!
The Pleyel Baby Grand was purchased in Belgium approximately 55 years ago in the 1960's. Underneath the piano it says Dumontier - 175308 and 62918. The 175308 number may be a serial number as it is also engraved inside the top of the piano. I am c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Church Choir--what to expect? by Ganddalf @ Today at 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By Ganddalf I'm also a singer in a church choir, presently working on Bach's mass in b-minor. The entire mass in b-minor ?? That's impressive !! Definitely not your average church choir !! Yes, the
Adult Beginners Forum
Had a good lesson this week. Got some words of encouragement about my progress, which is always appreciated. I, myself, can see some areas where I've made improvement, but it's nice to have my teacher validate that it's not just delusion on my part
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by scorpio @ Today at 11:56 AM

23. Robert Schumann : A Little Piece / Bagatelle (Stückchen; Op. 68, No. 5) from Schumann Album for the Young Opus 68, and Masterwork Classics Level 3 ( https://youtu.be/QywVEnCF33U ) A few mishits in there but I need to move on. At this rate I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: October Piano Bar by Inlanding @ Today at 11:55 AM

Thanks, Ken. Glad you enjoyed the improvisations. Looking forward to your addition to the October Piano Bar!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Over The Rainbow by HappyBee @ Today at 11:52 AM

Really cool! I just did the Alfred version of this song, and had trouble with the dynamics .. I wished I listened to this podcast before I started the song! Thanks!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's A Beginner Is So Arbitary by Stubbie @ Today at 11:44 AM

A beginner is someone with many unknown unknowns with respect to piano. As those unknown unknowns become known unknowns, they have progressed out of the beginner stage. Defining a piano "beginner" is tough. Skills and attributes
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by IgorLevit @ Today at 11:18 AM

Sound seems very thin on the Mendelssohn's fugue, and the keyboard seems quite noisy (we clearly hear "tac tac tac tac" all along). Notes are dying really fast, there are some really strange sudden harmonic changes. The keyboard seems respo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin E - Restore or not? by Rickster @ Today at 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By violarulesWow, Sally, that's pretty enlightening but also sobering. Did they ever get the problems sorted out? And if so, do you know when? This is valuable information for those of us interested in buying a Baldiwn, particularly
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Write musical scores on iPad (or Mac)? by Eric NYC @ Today at 10:51 AM

Thanks very much for the suggestions!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 20 minutes by Incongruous @ Today at 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseOriginally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseOuch ... all this congruity is killing me. Twenty minutes of it might occasion my early demise. Intermezzo, by Christos Anastassiou. Ot
Jump to new posts Knuckles are too loud by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 10:06 AM

Replace or add yarn a la Reblitz? If replace, please give your quote including parts and regulation after.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talented Transfer Students by Albunea @ Today at 09:59 AM

It has not been a problem for me, but, yes, I also was lost sometimes thinking of 1 as the beginning note.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland F-140R or Casio PX-360 as a second DP?
by WarrenY
10 minutes 18 seconds ago
Tightly fitting grand piano in small room
by Michiyo-Fir
19 minutes 41 seconds ago
Trying to locate a video of one of Liszt's pupils.
by anamnesis
Today at 02:48 PM
Yamaha U1 - Serial # starts with R vs Serial # starts with A
by Nicole_B
Today at 02:17 PM
Why Is It So Difficult to Switch Between Pianos?
by newbert
Today at 01:42 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,983 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,412 Topics
2,453,447 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission