Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
154 registered (36251, anamnesis, aesop, AndyP, ando, 46 invisible), 1425 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano - U1 vs B3 vs.. digital? by Norbert @ Today at 07:32 PM

Thanks Chris! Thinking you're always best man to ask these things! Norbert
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by PianoWorksATL @ Today at 07:28 PM

Signatures on a piano can add interest, but rarely if ever add value. I'm guessing Joe Cocker signed a few pianos but I wonder how many Kevin Costner signed? Is there a crazy Costner fan club to advertise to? If the signatures weren't significant
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: I bought new DP last week(Yamaha CP4) and played it. by Lester Burnham @ Today at 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By peterwsPity . . . . . Pete, perhaps you can create your own YouTube channel, uploading videos that feature the DGX-650 and a view overlooking the Blackpool illuminations? Big ask... the Blackpo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 2 piano pieces by PieterJan86 @ Today at 07:23 PM

http://prntscr.com/6ctg6c http://prntscr.com/6cth2p http://prntscr.com/6ctgvp http://prntscr.com/6ctgqz
Jump to new posts Re: Can you mimic a soundboard effect on Kawai CA65? by Kawai James @ Today at 07:15 PM

Hello Sam, congratulations on the purchase of your CA65! Originally Posted By Sam Sam SamIs there a way, I could add a subwoofer/ studio monitor that would simulate a tactile response like the CA95? If so, what specific make/model/ settings etc? As
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by bennevis @ Today at 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By EssBraceOriginally Posted By bennevisI do agree about the reliabiity of the action - I've been banging on my V for five years, for three to four hours a day, but it still feels like new. Perhaps you've forgotten that you had th
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a piano stand that is low enough... by Scott Hamlin @ Today at 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By dewsterI think they solved the stand problem a long time ago with the table form, Agreed - they are $65-$100 and really easy to set-up and adjust:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bench height very important by Charles Cohen @ Today at 06:28 PM

Tendon inflammation is typically an "overuse injury". It will heal, over time, with care. Tendon _tearing_ is usually traumatic -- like pulling on a wrench too hard, once, or spraining an ankle. Much more serious. You probably have som
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Rondo's by Polyphonist @ Today at 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By PolyphonistGodowsky made one of his chromatic transcriptions of Opus 16, I'd like to hear that but couldn't find a recording on Youtube. The
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the .925 silver music rack on Liszt's Chickering by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 05:55 PM

Looks just like the one on my piano!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts I used to compose, but ... by Hrodulf @ Today at 05:45 PM

Lately whenever I've tried I didn't come up with anything good. I have come to think that composition can be practiced like any other art, but the only pieces I have experience writing are part writing (polyphony) and ragtime. I wouldn't know how t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Share your favorite/most useful practice tools! by anamnesis @ Today at 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By PoverOriginally Posted By anamnesisOriginally Posted By PoverVid, Heather, and Cheeto, thank you very much for your tips! I genuinely appreciate the effort Do you find that sometimes you have to "drill in" the phrasi
Piano Forum
I think you should resize the photos. They don't really need to be such high resolution. People opening the thread on tablets, phones and expensive mobile data plans will be all be grateful!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by Monica K. @ Today at 04:40 PM

Okay, it took me way too long, but here's my last batch of comments. Let me extend a general congratulations to everybody who participated, and a general heartfelt thanks to all of you who have taken the time to comment on the entries. I know I app
Pianist Corner
Here is a portrayal I found of as it was back in the day . . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms: Steinway Uprights vs. Cheaper Grands by beethoven986 @ Today at 03:31 PM

Personally, I'm not a fan of the All-Steinway program, for numerous reasons. I also think that Steinway uprights are a poor value, especially for a practice room, in addition to their being difficult to tune. Boston uprights would have been a better
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever System by Tunewerk @ Today at 03:12 PM

Well said, Jim! I'm glad these descriptions could be vindicating of your experience. I agree completely about science being often misused to disqualify the intuitive sense with models using overconfident assumptions. Thanks for adding in about twist
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strength of fundamental vs harmonics by krikorik @ Today at 03:07 PM

Actually just bought the book in Amazon I'll let you know after reading it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String Covers and Volume reduction by Chewbacca @ Today at 02:56 PM

Hello, My experience is that though a string cover can affect the sound it is only to a very limited extent vs changes in the room where the piano lives (even small ones). When trying to optimize my piano response to the room I found that other fa
Piano Teachers Forum
In the process of rhythmic education of students in the first place they should be able to play pulse of rhythm, and counting - later.Just as student in the study of elementary theory remembers and recognizes individual pitches, intervals and chord
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By dolce sfogato I perform(ed) for instance Chopin's 24 etudes/24 preludes/4 ballades/4 scherzi/3 sonatas/4 impromptus, Schubert's op.90/op.142, Bach's Goldberg-variations, Rachmaninov's op.23/op.39, Debussy's Images, Ravel's Miroir
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Minuet In E Minor" by Larry G. Alexander @ Today at 02:35 PM

All, This is my "Minuet In E Minor". http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/MinuetInEminorPiano.mp3 Regards, Larry Alexander
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When do you "Fire" a student? by keystring @ Today at 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By pavanne1No I don't really dismiss students but what I do is put them on what I call the "last chance program". If I continue having a problem with lack of practicing I assign them a piece and then tell the student or pa
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New piano by Bassano @ Today at 01:34 PM

Congrats to you! I've been interested in these pianos and their interesting ties between manufacturers. I hope you enjoy it for years to come!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pianodisc, Disklavier...
by JustHarmony
30 minutes 3 seconds ago
What should you use to lubricate Sticking Sustenuto Tabs?
by pianoman9
Today at 08:04 PM
Computer problems. Problems?
by PhilipInChina
Today at 07:06 PM
Full Compass partials picture
by prout
Today at 06:30 PM
the best Pianos for Romantic Music
by wjc
Today at 05:33 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,077 Topics
2,379,807 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission