Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts A Piano Song With Notes In It by Ritzycat @ Today at 03:51 PM

I've made a piano song WARNING: It contains notes and other musical effects. Click me If anyone wants, I can post the score as well. I didn't play that btw, it's the computer-generated thing.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts 27/16 time signature! by Polyphonist @ Today at 03:46 PM

I can't think of any other pieces which use this time signature.
Pianist Corner
today.. 4/19 http://arioso7.wordpress.com/2014/04/19/...-on-april-19th/
Adult Beginners Forum
Op. 37 March - Song of the Lark (SwissMS/Doris) - You've kept the grace notes light and easy, nicely evoking the image of a bird singing. Op. 39 no. 15 - Italian Song (sinophilia) - This is one of the few Tchaikovsky piano piece that I knew of be
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cahn--"Reflections" by carey @ Today at 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: InlandingAndy~ That's a great little tune and the delivery was wonderful. You play so relaxed and patiently, letting it breathe. Hi Phil!! Glen Hi Glen !! Phil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coursera - Developing Your Musicianship by Sand Tiger @ Today at 03:14 PM

I watched the week three videos and attempted the week two quizzes (too late for grade, but just to try them). Unfortunately, my ear seems about as trained as it is going to get. Unlike most in this thread, I came to the course with some prior ear tr
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yes the difference with the way I do is in the becket, the last coil is done while bending the becket around the hook (on the left side) in a "S" shape, then it is cut to length . The coils are also tighter, and the eyelet less open, as I p
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Morning Mist: a ballade for piano by Ritzycat @ Today at 02:42 PM

i like this piece lol
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing angle on prebored hammerheads by Olek @ Today at 02:36 PM

changing the angle (adding 3 degrees +-) the reamer is seen at the bottom (reamers for aluminium or plastic) Front to back angle is checked too(here 92°) a too large hole : I use a small shave of wood glued to close the hole enough (made with
Jump to new posts Re: Treble string corrosion by Olek @ Today at 02:31 PM

+1 Treble strings (at last) are more important than the hammers on an old piano Of course bass strings too, and the mediums. Can be changed while keeping the pins but we do not do so on old pianos
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher and Performer by chococo @ Today at 02:19 PM

That is helpful opinion. Most of time, private students are flexible. But parents from music schools have different perspective. They don't want teachers to have long time off or a lot of sub teachers.
Jump to new posts Re: Improving upright repetition by Olek @ Today at 02:09 PM

What matters with the key fully depressed is the jack position vs the butt when the hammer is at checking distance from strings. Hammer close enough but in standard checking distance, and optimize after touch allow the jack to have less travel b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A new performance experience... Need advice. by Svenno @ Today at 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BrainCrampI think you should subtract some of your planned Romantic pieces and add a couple of Baroque and/or Classical ones. Like i said before in almost all of my posts in this thread: the pieces i listed above are all i've
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Yiruma - River flows in you by a beginner by stylerhun @ Today at 01:55 PM

This is the River flows in you by Yiruma . I love to play the piano more and more. I have just been playing piano for 4.5 months, this is the 5th piece, i have learned by my-self. Check my webpage: http://www.leberlaszlo.hu here you can see
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Advice About Selling a Piano, Time flies...! by Silver Keys @ Today at 01:47 PM

Try contacting a technician Some of these guys deal too, and they are usually pretty well connected. You'll owe him a fee, of course.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Midi controller with a good keybed under 1000$ by slowtraveler @ Today at 01:16 PM

Hi Ov3rload, Based on your stated requirements, I think you've identified the two best choices. If you wanted to consider buying an 88-note weighted keyboard _plus_ a separate MIDI controller, you'd have more options, but otherwise, the two boards y
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by talfi composer @ Today at 12:43 PM

Ok guys, today I learned something new: I've found this page: http://todayilearned.co.uk/2012/06/14/th...old-at-auction/ At the end of that page, we found that In 2003, a working manuscript of Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony sold for £2.1 million (more
Jump to new posts Re: Shanks with parallel wood grain by kpembrook @ Today at 12:37 PM

This thread is really about why synthetic is the way to go. The weaknesses -- as well as benefits -- of wood are built in.
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Tunewerk @ Today at 12:16 PM

Hello Mark, I've spent the last week devoting your tuning theory to practice. Tuning all double strings from the temperament upwards and downwards. Here's what I've found: Although I have an experienced ear, I had a hard time sifting through beatra
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Top selling self-taught pianists? by Brian Lucas @ Today at 12:15 PM

Particularly with singers, but I imagine instrumentalists too, saying "I've never had a lesson" is a good marketing tool to make the person seem more special. Many times it's just a flat out lie. I've known teachers to have to sign confiden
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by Brian Lucas @ Today at 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringIn Canada we call that the "tonic minor" or "tonic major". "Parallel" is an American term. I didn't know it was also used for modes. That's interesting. I didn't know that. Originally Po
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest piano piece ever written by Damon @ Today at 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: catersbreaking a piano is not wise. Polyphonist's posts are getting shorter and shorter. Soon he is going to post comments without any writing at all. !deed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does this sign mean by ryderb @ Today at 11:06 AM

Thank you Morodiene!
Pianist Corner
Another thing you could look into is borrowing some of the Taubman videos. They're expensive but are often held by institutions with major music programs, and you may be able to get them through interlibrary loan. Locally I see that Temple and Univer
I was taking apart a lyre system and found a perfectly intact, very small and curled up lizard skeleton. Must have crawled in there once upon a time to get way from the cat and died. I found around six dollars in quarters and dimes under a set of k
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
159 registered (accordeur, Akshay, Alex Hernandez, A Guy, 51 invisible), 1574 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74248 Members
42 Forums
153588 Topics
2250976 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
give up on old acoustics and buy a digital?
by carojm36
04/19/14 06:41 PM
I think I have a problem
by JoelW
04/19/14 05:02 PM
Etude in G
by Polyphonist
04/19/14 03:58 PM
A Piano Song With Notes In It
by Ritzycat
04/19/14 03:51 PM
Playing the piano again
by Mr.Wolf
04/19/14 03:47 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission