Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
91 registered (bennevis, anamnesis, 30 invisible), 1765 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop music methods - any good ones? by Gary D. @ Today at 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By Gary D. As a teacher I am pretty much stuck with second rate arrangements of very good tunes, and I can't legally arrange them myself, to make something that works better. T
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Jeff ClefThe first time I read this... "...the keys will be different because Hanon's pattern uses only 5 fingers..." ...I thought the poster might be a person with a mutation which had gifted him or her with a sixth
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What song is this? by Qazsedcft @ Today at 02:09 PM

Yes it sounds like an improv rather than a specific composition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weird change in action by OrgantoPiano @ Today at 01:42 PM

I wonder if the action was rebuilt and regulated to be a bit more stout (probably a bad descriptive term) because it's a public instrument and will be played a lot and possibly abused? When I was a student at Westminster Choir College, the main recit
Adult Beginners Forum
Use the sostenuto pedal perhaps?
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: I think this one will be my next by PhilipInChina @ Today at 01:04 PM

It doesn't skate about much. Been doing a bit of work on the case today. Once things are finished, photos will follow.
Adult Beginners Forum
You're confusing 'average' with 'mean average'. The median is also an average. There are many 'averages' in statistics. A piano teacher's qualification is meaningless - again, it's a relationship as much as a service, but you're likely to spend m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to learn to tune and repair pianos? by rysowers @ Today at 11:55 AM

The Piano Technicians Guild has some good information on careers in piano technology. Piano Technology Career
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: HELP! Major problems with my MP11 by Marko in Boston @ Today at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By mezzopianoOriginally Posted By JoBertHa! You managed to create a "virus" for your own piano! Glad to hear it's working again! Totally! Now I only need to blackmail myself - either myself pays me or I put the virus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by Utkonos @ Today at 10:34 AM

Great dynamics Johan_d. I really like the melancholy sound you get in some parts. Is this from the original score or is it an arrangement? If the latter, I'd be interested to know where it's from. It sounds incredible!
Adult Beginners Forum
Had a great session yesterday. Took a break from polishing two nearly done pieces and focused on good sectional hands together working on Kabalevsky's Toccatina. It's not up to speed, but it's coming together nicely.
Member Recordings
Hello TVB and 謝安琪 Kay Tse enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on the upcoming new drama called 《巾幗梟雄》 《諜血長天》 主題曲 - 《孤嶺花》 sung by the awesome singer Kay Tse. Enjoy this beautiful melodious tune Piano Cove
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Irishblue @ Today at 09:18 AM

Thanks MacMacMac. That was my thinking too. Although I am somewhat limited in where I can go, I am going to try a few stores within a few hours' drive to see if I can do better. Next thread from me should be the proper "prices paid" form
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Cabinet Refinishing tips and wisdom by Chuck Behm, CPT-E @ Today at 09:04 AM

Mr. Zebra - I don't know if you're on Facebook or not, but if you are, have a look at my page if you would like to see the processes that go into restoring (including refinishing) a piano. I post updates of current shop projects on my page showing t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upright piano "PETROF" which changed the lives of by Maximillyan @ Today at 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChina Teach a man to steal and you feed him for life. better give her one piano and you feed she always, i'm think
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for technical work books? by hreichgott @ Today at 08:26 AM

AZN beat me to saying Burgmuller Op. 100 Or Czerny Op. 453 or 840. You could pick out the individual exercises that are most chord-focused.
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Dave, you must use a USB to midi cable and connect to your piano via the Midi In socket. Streaming is hopelessly poor by comparison in playback quality – See other write-up replies I've done for Pianoworld. Tell me what your piano music preferen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 23 years old + Teacher? Need some help :) by Rerun @ Today at 08:00 AM

Quote:@f3r hehehe yh me know now smile oh i see. I forgot to ask when she teach me sight reading is she going to teach me all the signs and stuff? im pretty sure i need to pay extra for that? if i remember correctly that is called theory? 0_0 CP,
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Grand Feel key clinic by lophiomys @ Today at 07:40 AM

peterws, I did not criticize Indonesia, nor China. Far from it. Please read again my post. As you state, it is irrelevant, where stuff is made, just the conditions of the factory there are relevant. If the price will rise for good quality, I will b
Adult Beginners Forum
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli variations! by nhpianos @ Today at 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By wrone of my first experiences of a peculiar otherworldly and sublime state that I now associate with late Beethoven. How Beethoven does it, I don't know Could it have been this spot in var. 14? Tho
Adult Beginners Forum
I too am working with the RCM series. I'm not on any time pressure but just enjoying the process. Seems to me that level 6 requires more speed than I have...although I've improved on that. I passed Level 5 well over a year ago and have been studyi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by WiseBuff @ Today at 06:25 AM

Best of luck to you pianofan. Practice daily but let go of stress about it. You know it!!
Jump to new posts Re: First Piano by Doug M. @ Today at 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By Doug M.Originally Posted By GombessaHi Doug, One question based on what you've said: Quote:The PHAIV standard action is not too far off the PHAIV pro action on the RD800....The FP-90 action is seco
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello, I have just purchased Rock School's grade 1 book. It says that you choose some 'choice pieces' to perform in your exam. I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is studying with Rock School. If there are, what pieces did you perform f
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Drilling Tuning Pins on a Kranich and Bach "Violyn Plate"
by Prodigal Son
09/28/16 07:03 PM
Roland FP-30 and headphones - read if you want to buy one !!
by Misiak
09/28/16 06:13 PM
Brodmann PE-187 vs Seiler ED-186 vs Cunningham Parlour
by Pneuma
09/28/16 03:43 PM
Sheet music for 20th Century Songs
by DiarmuidD
09/28/16 01:35 PM
What song is this?
by Pneuma
09/28/16 12:58 PM
Forum Stats
85,090 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,395 Topics
2,558,864 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission