Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Graduates by Ohio_Mark @ Today at 11:58 AM

In regards to using a teacher with the Alfred Method books: I have been taking lessons for 3 years (this October). I have always used a method book. My first teacher that I had for 2 years (before retiring) started me out on the Faber books then m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: That awkward non-playing hand... by fizikisto @ Today at 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneFor a beginner or intermediate student, I tell them to have the non-playing hand in position to play its starting note before the other hand begins to play. Anything beyond that, however, they can do whatever is natural
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by wouter79 @ Today at 11:09 AM

I usually do repeats. unless I really can't make it sound nice. Second time you usually try to bring a variant of the first one. Twice exactly the same is not so nice.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by Jonathan Baker @ Today at 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: A443I don't think counting/naming lines is a good way to learn to read music. Ah, I think that is a key point - the "counting-naming". In my teaching practice I have recently reconsidered the value of naming notes dur
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by bennevis @ Today at 09:37 AM

This, to me is the epitome of a spontaneous pianist, and a spontaneous (live) performance: http://youtu.be/BMg_A8eYweY From picking out the 'Promenade' tune at the start with one finger (his RH index), to the jerky rhythm of the rickety ox-cart (obv
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by Chrisl @ Today at 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesYes, pwl is correct. In terms of realism, I would list Kawai's current generation keyboard actions in the following order: 1. Grand Feel (CA95/CA65, CS10/CS7, MP11) 2. RM3 Grand II (CA15, VPC1) 3. RHII (CN34/CN24, E
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No more free consultation? by jdw @ Today at 08:23 AM

When I see teachers offering a free lesson/consultation, I tend to assume they are early in the process of building up a studio. Of course, if you need to do this to keep the studio numbers healthy, then it's worth it. But for a busy person with a fu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Associate Diploma repertoire by lacrymosa85 @ Today at 07:55 AM

I am preparing for my A Mus A exam (Associate of music in Australia) and thought I'd run my proposed performance by here before I start learning the pieces. The music needs to be from at least 3 periods and the performance needs to be between 30 and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Today at 07:49 AM

rpw; Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you are making great progress. In addition to Faber I am also beginning to work on pieces from the Festival Collection By Helen Marlais. All the pieces are in their original form, but are ability-appropriate
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by Mark Polishook @ Today at 07:34 AM

Dave, Nice recording! About harmony: You mention voice leading ... that's the concept that trumps everything. The total complete reference to it is J.S. Bach's Chorales.. They're full of stuff that applies directly to jazz and really to everythin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disklavier Too Loud by UnrightTooner @ Today at 07:23 AM

Well, the calibration procedure didn't seem to be available on the disklavier unit. There were moderate string grooves, but when I shaped a few hammers the tone and volume did change much. Hey, its a Yamaha. So I tuned, needled heavily and adjusted t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kreisleriana by WinsomeAllegretto @ Today at 07:15 AM

What a great piece! I wrote a 40 page thesis on Kreisleriana. I must say that I didn't arrive at quite the same conclusion as our geocities poster.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI to USB adapters? by Mark NM @ Today at 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenWhile you're waiting, you can add my favorable experience with an M-Audio Uno. Using Windows 8, connecting a three-pedal PX-350 with Pianoteq -- . . . no problems at all. . Charles That's fantastic t
Jump to new posts Re: Using a tuneable audio filter to help you hear beats by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 06:18 AM

Hi Kees, Thanks for the reply. You have an audio processing software package of your own? Could you explain what that means? Are you a programmer? Do you sell it? Can I use it to create this app? What language/platform? Also, I won't disagree wit
Adult Beginners Forum
@DancerJ: It was difficult but after time it becomes normal. I think many have experienced the same when they started the book. I must confess that my participation in the last recital did pushed me forward because for one week I pressed on myself to
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyIf it is a beater, it really doesn't matter. It might be a great "party piano." Yes, but I'd still like for it to hold a tune, as I am a tuner myself, and know the work it takes to get a piano into t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What about Samick's Concert grands? by JohnSprung @ Today at 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: whitegrand? Would a Samick concert grand be a reasonable choice for institutional use? (i.e. church, with little money.) Such a buyer should certainly compare the Samick with older concert grands of other makes. You can, for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interested in chords of this song by dire tonic @ Today at 03:49 AM

There's a chord layer slightly subdued in the mix, starting around 0:50 a keyboard synth pad - a 'fizzy' saw-tooth sound - is playing on 4-and in every bar (2 chords in bar 8)- Bbm7 Fm7 Bbm7 Ebm7 (last chord becomes Gb to Ab in the repeat 4 bars) -
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WEIRDEST passage in Chopin? by Mark_C @ Today at 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: SiFi....the highly exposed consecutive fifths in Op. 10 No. 1. They're pretty flagrant the first time they show up (bars 12 -13), but then he doubles down on them in bars 60 -61 with the chromatic insertions. Not saying they'r
Jump to new posts Re: The Quarter Gand project by chernobieff @ Today at 12:12 AM

You could call Renner USA see if they will custom make them for you.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Gypsy Jazz? by Elssa @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

I never realized he played so many great old standards: Django Fakebook http://www.gypsyguitar.de/downloads/gg-downloads/fakebook_django_2008.pdf
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Picking up practice after vacations by malkin @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: AndresD...I've been practicing for a lot longer that some of the people there and I'm not nearly as good... ...not a competition, merely an exhibition...
Originally Posted By: Paul678Reblitz warns that loosening more than 6-8 strings puts the plate in danger of cracking. Maybe I could do a small section of the bridge at a time? Or maybe slacken every other string in the middle octaves? Nope. The b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reger's Piano Variations by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RealPlayerHey, Jason, didn't Reger write quite a lot for organ? What's that music like? Yes, he did write quite a bit for organ, and the chorale fantasias are incredibly dense and difficult, though no more so than the chorale
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting back into it by Upside @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Thank you both... It does seem that a teacher is really important! Hopefully I will have an income boost soon and figure out a way to do lessons again. I played the Beatrice Miller version of "Jesu, Joy" - so a bit easier version. I will l
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai Console
by landorrano
09/17/14 03:48 PM
Kawai VPC1 - What do I need to start?
by Gerardo Melara
09/17/14 03:32 PM
When interpretation varies greatly?
by 3times2
09/17/14 01:13 PM
Official: Fryderyk Chopin died of TB!
by bennevis
09/17/14 12:06 PM
Teacher wants me to play a "loud" piece too. (suggestions?)
by Tides
09/17/14 11:47 AM
Who's Online
148 registered (accordeur, acdyer, Adypiano, 3times2, ABC Vermonter, 46 invisible), 1486 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76231 Members
42 Forums
157582 Topics
2314692 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission