Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (36251, alfredo capurso, Almaviva, Al LaPorte, alexk3954, albumblatter, 31 invisible), 1510 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Musicality of a piece by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

I think it is also important to learn to "listen" to the musicality of pieces played by others instead of listening passively.
Pianist Corner
1. Yes 2, Well, sort of - but my coach, Egon Petri, pulled Abram Chasins’ version of the Schwanda Fantasy out of his briefcase, glanced through it, walked on stage in St, Petersburg and played it cold. 3. Yes, it’s my job and I have more deman
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new M&H... by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

I've decided on the beautifully restored 1916 M&H A. I think I will call him Figaro. He has a big beautiful voice, is precise but warm, a joy to be with and can handle just about anything without complaint. (My current piano is called Cherubino,
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Figaro by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

pictures
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by turandot @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By Piano_BrazilI just wish to understand such an enormous discrepancy between the suggested and the real market prices... The key is that you're comparing prices in two different markets. Petrof pianos in the US are distributed b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: temperaments and tuning - why it matters for pianists by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By Ed FooteGreetings, Here we are at the 'values' debate, again. What, exactly, do you mean by better or worse? I'm not opening a debate. "Better or worse" here is of course a figure of speech - replace it with "
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Days when it all goes wrong by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By Johan BOriginally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By malkinI haven't felt "it all goes wrong." I think my practice is more like a normal curve: sometimes this end, sometimes that end, mostly like the big bump in
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Cash Registers, Computers, Pianos by Dave Weiser @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

There are other things that some synth/DP manufacturers do well: 1. Custom chips (or FPGAs) optimized for audio, sample-fetching, etc. 2. Hardware that's more robust than a PC, that boots up very quickly, with lightning-fast performance. 3. Software
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

Falling behind on my newly assigned pieces. I'll try to do another "six hour challenge" this weekend to try to prepare for Monday's lesson.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring issue of Piano Buyer now online by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

Steve I completely understand your thinking here. I really wanted to be able to look back into history and see how prices have changed. I do have hard copies of the last two editions, so that's the way I'll go going forward. Regards, Brian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K-52 (VS) K-132 by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Have never played a Hamburg vertical. Have never even seen one in the US, and I get to play an awful lot of pianos... Just about every Steinway dealer has a NY model K in their inventory over here. Interestingly, many seem to be in wood finishes.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Maurus, I understand and respect your point. It is just hard to to take it as 'normal' when 86 keys sound beautiful and one sounds bad (one sounds a little better). Fortunately I haven't been bothered by the buzz when I play though powered speakers,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lightness Of Touch by piano_friend @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Yes, yes, we are living in the time of great changes! How about Yuja Wang in her very sensitive and touching interpretations of slow and soft music? The music is flowing directly from her heart But if you, Batuhan, wanna know the secret of delicate
Piano Forum
I have a Keystone 50-pint dehumidifier which is more than adequate. I keep it in a different room from the piano (due to space), set at about 50%. Right now, the hygrometer by the piano reads 51%. It's a little on the loud side, but apparently the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampp-Chaser, HVAC Humidity, and Spikes by Markarian @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By BosendorffAC and humidifier are usually not used at the same time since they do opposite jobs. If ever needed, you could then use a portable humidifier in the piano room when you turn your house AC on. Here, RH switches from 20%
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Obsession by Perri Knize by Norbert @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Quote:Perri: "Herzlichen Gluckwunsch und viel Erfolg!! Norbert thumb translate, please? smile and norbert, i'm counting on you to read it and tell me how the translation is. _________________________ "Felicitaciones y buena suerte&quo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

Rachel, Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that things are progressing. I'll look forward to seeing the videos, and of course getting the remaining books/videos as you complete work on them.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA-67 sound through headphones by DominikM @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

I received my Kawai CA67 last week. I can confirm that sound is more pleasant with default SHS settings than when SHS turned off (after turning off, you suddenly hear sound like your head was inside the piano). Compared to original Kawai EX, new SK E
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Folk arrangements by Nahum @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

Bela Bartok -Romanian Folk Dances : http://imslp.org/wiki/Romanian_Folk_Dances,_Sz.56_%28Bart%C3%B3k,_B%C3%A9la%29 About the level I'm not sure.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help with "Your Song" by Elton John by Little_Blue_Engine @ Yesterday at 05:49 PM

No two performances of "Your Song" are exactly the same and none of them are exactly the same as the original recording. That's just not how Elton works. If you want to play it exactly as in this video you will have to figure at least some
Pianist Corner
Also, from the same concert (that Michael has posted above) you have this powerful and poignant arrangement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMubIyzElZM You will see Horowitz is playing for Jimmy Carter and his wife and the audience applauds the pe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai piano history by dadof3g @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

thanks folks; yes, seems they just evaporated late 1990's or early 2000's
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha N1 Delivered!/First Impression by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

Congrats on the N1!! I played one in the piano store and of course wished I could have one. They play really nice. I agree the sound can be improved upon but the action is about as good as it gets for a non-acoustic. Most things in life are what the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard Classics - "Is Your Soundboard Healthy?" by lluiscl @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Cartoonist could have hit the bridge to the SB...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help on repeats and double bars... by Maths @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I'm glad I could help. And yes, you do need to actually "read" the book, in addition to playing it; that's how you'll pick up the subtle explanations and details that are sometimes provided at the end of some songs.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Anything like Rocksmith for keys?
by Colin Dunn
03/28/15 10:20 AM
Comparitive Latency of popular VIs... and the winner is...
by dire tonic
03/28/15 09:35 AM
Hello! I'd like to discuss my piano competition repertoire.
by albumblatter
03/28/15 09:14 AM
Coda on Tcherepnin's Bagatelles Op.5
by izaldu
03/28/15 08:54 AM
What monitors do you use with your MP11?
by Morodiene
03/28/15 08:40 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,673 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,772 Topics
2,389,334 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission