Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (Anita Potter, agraffe, Andre campana, ando, 26 invisible), 1584 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I use Verituner on my iPhone, which is in a Speck case with kickstand. Frankly, I can't imagine using anything bigger. One poster mentioned a laptop as being "more flexible and powerful" but I'm not sure how that helps the software (either
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by Tubbie0075 @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Impossible question to answer. Only time will tell.
Links to Additional Sources
Jump to new posts Printable piano books by pavanne1 @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Online printable books and materials. Lots of free stuff for teachers and players. www.palomapiano.com
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by pavanne1 @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

My oldest student is 84 a retired dentist. She is doing quite well. There are plenty of careers you can do without being a piano master. I have known adults who have studied the Suzuki method, played through book 7 and then auditioned and attended t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Group by cmybliss @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Montuno Fabulous! I really liked listening to your recording. Hearing those 1/4 notes sounding nice and even is very encouraging. I gave Parallel Motion a go last night and did find it quite simple. Still working on the dynamics. My spinet doesn'
Jump to new posts Re: Pianodisc install/upgrade pros and cons? by mopac01 @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Well, it's been 11 months and perhaps your in laws are no longer in the market. But on the chance you're still considering this..... I would suggest you consider an antique upright and having it rebuilt. You have to go back nearly a century but pi
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Bridge & Pin Block Concerns by Bez @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Are these potential problems in an old piano?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by jotur @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By barbaramYou are quite correct Charles, there is built in conversion, I never realised. This is what I have: Alesis LineLink Stereo 1/4" Jack USB Recording Cable http://www.alesis.com/products/legacy/linelink I have about a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi. I am new and a learner.. by JaydeesLaydee @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

BTW you guys can call me Beth. I occasionally upload a video of my practice sessions. Here is the latest one I posted a couple days ago. Sorry it's sideways: my tablet doesn't want to auto rotate like it's supposed to sometimes. And btw I accept frie
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By DrewBone"Very shagadelic carpet baby, yeah!" - Austin Powers Regards, Andy Relatively cheap way to dampen the sound of the piano :-) Ok, update. I should have ordered this thing a while ago. It's very comfy and
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student not ready for exam by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By MaggieGirlEveryone should have the opportunity to fail. That's true. But if my teacher _knew_ I would probably fail an exam, I'd want her to say: . . . "Charles, this is a learning experience. You'll probably . . . f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: assessment on a 7 year boy. Is he lack of fundamental skill? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Quote: . . . Both my son and I have been happy with this new teacher for 1.5 year now. He did not give any piece from Czerny and Bayer. All assignments are beautiful minuets and sonatinas. FWIW (I don't teach, and I am coming back to piano-playing
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland KR-105 vs Yamaha YDP-223 by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

I agree, FP80 is very nice if you like Roland SN piano sound, but IMHO you must try Kawai ES7/ES8 for a quieter and slightly better key action if you need included speakers. Cheers!.
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Piano Recommendations? by pold @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

I like the Garritan CFX, but the last one that really got me intrigued is the Una Corda, both the acoustic and the library, they defy any bigotry and any assumptions in the piano comunity.
Pianist Corner
Thank you, that'll be most helpful.
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: new to me 1904 Mason & Hamlin Model O upright by BethRH @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Erchoukyrie: Thanks for the videos! There are also some on you tube of a wonderful boogie and blues player named Carl Sunny Leland who is playing a model o like mine, amazing ... Your video of the Mason sounds a lot like mine..but l am not sure i
Jump to new posts Re: Could someone tell me difference of GF II vs GF? by alerique @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By aleriqueI would imagine... But then again, if you love your damper noise you can crank it up twice on those Kawais... By default volume is 5, but you can make it 10. You misunderstand. I think DP s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1933 Haines Brothers Baby Grand by RonB3 @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Hello, I know this is an old post but I wanted to add something for current and future researchers of Haines Bro pianos. I got a piano from a friend who getting rid of their 1931 50" Grand Piano sometimes called Petite Baby Grand Piano. It too
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K400 for $6000 by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 05:21 PM

Let it settle in to the climate in your home. 2,3,4 weeks. Try to tune it 4 times, at least, the first year. That will help stabilize the tuning. I've done that and it works.
Adult Beginners Forum
12 February 2016 Tonight played a lot of Suites of Buxtehude......love it..... At imslp.org only two of them...... Two Suites Buxtehude (scroll down) All suites of this composer in this book...... Samtliche Suiten, Buxtehude Worth to
Jump to new posts Re: Posting pictures of customers' pianos by Bob @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

Good advice above - always get permission - Getty has a release that works well - and there are others available on line. Never be sneaky, hoping no one will see you. Camera's in homes and businesses can be anywhere - you may be watched and not kn
Piano Forum
I think that a full 88 key keyboard for you would be best. I agree with the fact that there is more likely going to be weighted keys on bigger keyboards. Also, at the moment, you might not care about the extremities, but later in your piano adventure
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing Renner Hammers by music kitchen @ Yesterday at 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By SeekerThere is a very interesting book and DVD by Andre Oorebeek called "The Voice of the Piano". I imagine, since the man has strongly held opinions and tastes, that there are those that disagree with him, but I belie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! by peterws @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By joturHitry Plan - the only time you ever post is to bump the piano picture thread, and now you've found this one. What - you're casing every one's joint?!? And now you want to know if we're defenseless old people, too? Cathy I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Two good lessons in the past two weeks, moving into Unit 2 of Level 4. I have to say that so far this is my favorite set of core books. The pieces are hard, but not too hard. Most of the pieces are either original form classics (Like Arabesque by Bu
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Finding Denes Varjon
by Hank M
02/13/16 07:46 AM
playing minuets
by iamanders
02/13/16 05:38 AM
Awkward songs and time spent!
by peterws
02/13/16 04:43 AM
Weird Pianoworld Internet Problem Solved
by JohnSprung
02/13/16 03:46 AM
ABC of Piano Playing (Berlin) to Celebration Series
by suu
02/13/16 12:25 AM
Forum Stats
82,572 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,463 Topics
2,494,920 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission