Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
83 registered (ando, Albunea, András Lieber, 36251, augustm, 21 invisible), 1808 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:54 PM

ghosthand, I am not sure if when you say it is a new discovery you mean the "memorizing the notes" part or some other new technique. If you've been memorizing notes for long, that would prove my theory incorrect. Yes, it is interesting ho
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Editor (Windows) for KAWAI VPC-1 by TonyDIGITAL @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

Thank you guys for helping out. I'll try the recommended and let you know what works best for me. @KawaiJames: yes, I was the one contacting Kawai regarding this topic. Thank you for posting my concern to Kawai R&D.
Jump to new posts Re: Attaching different speakers to the Privia 850 by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By pianopiI am dissatisfied with my Privia PX850 sound when using the speakers. It has a muffled feeling (like your ears are slightly blocked). I was wondering if I could change the speakers on the Privia, and whether it is worth t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: action part for an old upright/antique by music kitchen @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Alright, Craig I will send the picture, but it may work better via email i suppose...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New baldwin pianos by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

Don't limit your thinking to new pianos. Look at rebuilt and used as well, you often get more for your money that way.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Don't know what to say by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsHi Morodiene, normally I would speak to the parent sooner, but, due to her age and her "prim donna" demeanor, I thought it best to have discussions with her (on at least 2 occasions) to address her latene
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do YOU want from an adult beginner by malkin @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose...Part of my role is to serve as a weekly cheerleader, and witness to this progress. One of my favorite teacher quotes came after I'd gone off at length describing the problems I've had with a piece. My teacher li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Sheet Music Resources and How to Print by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

When you get a little past beginning, there's a great source for pre-1923 American popular music, the Lester S. Levy collection at Johns Hopkins. Google will find it for you. You can download and print scanned PDF's.
Jump to new posts Re: Greased rollers.... by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

There is a product that I use to clean things like that on pianos. It is called "White Spirit" and is normally used as a safe alternative to dry cleaning fluid. So the rollers are effectively dry cleaned by wiping hard with a clean rag soak
Jump to new posts Re: HB Tuner v1.6 (major changes) by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

I know how difficult it is to get constructive criticism and polite advise on software, but you have been helpful for me in the past.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano pieces to play on Christmas by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiI found this score in my iPad the other day (downloaded from Choo's website linked to his YouTube)--it's great, so how did I forget about it? https://youtu.be/iGd_pSjfHDQ What a great piece! Might bring me out of
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by JoBert @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By FalschThe one thing I haven't seen mentioned (or I might have missed it): Make sure the stereo separation on the piano voice you're using is set to at least 32. Below that, separation gets very hard to hear. I normally use 64 or
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Game of Thrones - Light of the Seven by PianoMania2 @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Also, pay attention to my tutorial for this cover: Sheet music is available on pianomania.net please, leave comments!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by Mike A @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By erichlofplain old IV7 wherever it pops up Exactly.
Pianist Corner
There is also the waltz that is part of the introduction. Dohnanyi mad a moderately difficult concert transcription of that.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in G minor by Rachmaninoff: counter melody by SonatainfSharp @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Light thumb, more finger weight on the A. It can be done, and once your muscles get it, it's quite a rewarding technique to have--individual finger weight/control. While the piece in its entirety is early advanced, this particular technique is quite
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stride Piano by john f @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

Wow, I do not think my hands will ever move that fast, however, I plan to try if I have enough years left to accomplish it. It not, so be it. Last night I ordered online through Amazon a book, Stride Piano Tricks by Ari Kast. I already have the Stri
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone play any of Handel's Suites ... ? by Pianist685 @ Yesterday at 10:23 AM

I have recorded the D minor suite, HWV 437, the one with the famous Sarabande. Unfortunately, the other 3 pieces of the suite are almost forgotten just because the Sarabande gained so much attention. http://imslp.org/wiki/Suite_in_D_minor,_HWV_43
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My Poor Man's Bosendorfer by John Keller @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung .... Or if you really want it to be a poor man's Bosie, just get a Bosendorfer decal.... ;-) Lol! I might have to put one on my DP!
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy this used VPC1? by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By AlbertoAOriginally Posted By Doug M.Originally Posted By GombessaNo argument there, but my assumption (which may be unwarranted) is that the current offered/negotiated takes into account the existing cosmetic blemishes. Not if
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Solo Piano Christmas Radio by John Keller @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

That's excellent. Thank you! Merry Christmas!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by scorpio @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By Ralphianoscorpio: {...} I'm wondering if, in the case of these blues selections, if you might make your performances even more enjoyable by taking some liberties with the music through slight modifications on the tempo or dynamic
Jump to new posts Re: Casio touch response settings by kaanguner @ Yesterday at 09:07 AM

Originally Posted By drewrKaanguner, there are various reasons why a peron might want to tinker with the touch response setting BUT the basic purpose, regardless of brand, is to provide the player with a way to adjust their playing force style so th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who is the best pianist in the world? by John Keller @ Yesterday at 09:05 AM

The best pianist award goes to Bartolomeo Cristofori for inventing the beautiful unruly siren in the first place. He lives today in every piano made and those who play her.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Finally some evidence of value of my work properly captured
by Jeff Hao
Today at 04:22 AM
I tuned a guitar(?) today!
by Sam S
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Sound: Kawai CA97/CS11 vs CA67/CS8
by Joe Garfield
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
good source for digital piano ratings?
by childofparadise2002
Yesterday at 05:40 PM
Yamaha P85 Amplifier/PA/Speaker Connection
by 7sax
Yesterday at 05:22 PM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,828 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,892 Topics
2,577,553 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission