Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by carey @ Today at 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Louis Podesta Finally, in that this is a posted performance and Carey is an excellent Bach player (and then some), why don't we encourage him to post a performance of his own of these same two chorales. Hey, why not live danger
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....? by BDB @ Today at 02:20 AM

I would run the scale through the spreadsheet, because that is cost-effective, and do good work, because anything else is a waste of money. Whether it needs a new pinblock or not depends on several things that would need to be determined.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consolation 3 and sustain pedal question by briandang @ Today at 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenPMFJI -- Forgive me for pointing out the obvious: If your piano has a "true sostenuto" pedal, you can use it to play the music _exactly as written_. Depress the pedal right after you hit the low "D
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by adanepst @ Today at 02:01 AM

Atrys and bennevis: I would recommend and request that the two of you begin another thread in order to continue your discussion, because my goal in starting this one is to find help, and the tone of your discussion may discourage other users from ent
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by Gary D. @ Today at 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringI see the reasons. The thing is that if somebody is using a system, it's better to have that system defined or there is a risk of confusion. I think that for most people, the 3rd degree chord of a G minor key will be c
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff: Moment Musical No. 5 by pv88 @ Today at 01:47 AM

@Derulux, Thanks for the highly detailed review as I may want to consider many of the things you have outlined regarding the playing. Please note (as I have probably said this before) that I am an advanced "amateur" player and not a profe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing custom patches for Ravenscroft? by dire tonic @ Today at 01:34 AM

I started off by tweaking the bass end of mine then decided I preferred it flat. I don't believe the timbre in the upper-middle range is tweakable although I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. I think Chicolom's suggestion to go with the 'close' mi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: People don't seem to like Rachmaninoff at all. by argerichfan @ Today at 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: JoelWIt's true. Just listen to this genius chorus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg&t=0m54s Wuz you serious? What next, a link to a One Direction video? Actually I've always rather liked that song.
Jump to new posts Re: New recording - Roland V-Piano by pv88 @ Today at 12:53 AM

Extra note: Do appreciate all of the comments from everyone that has given an ear to the recording so far: @ArizonaSage, As for... "slight artifacts in the sound (sampled) when notes ring out for very long periods of time" And... @Mar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday TwoSnowflakes by phantomFive @ Today at 12:03 AM

hb
Jump to new posts Re: Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 11:26 PM

Silly question but are you running into powered speakers? and are you using a power amp of some sort?
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover by SAO @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

First complete piano transcription in my life Played by ear, then I make the piano sheets based on my performance. You can download the Sheets & MIDI on my blog, via this link http://sharingpiano.blogspot.com/2014/04/cristina-perri-human
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Mozart k310 by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

k310
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Chopin Op28 No 20 by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Hi all, I'm a relative beginner and have taken a stab at Chopin's prelude No 20 Op 28 No 20 in Cm. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12758747 I know the tempo is a bit slow but I'll work on that as I become more comfortable with the chord cha
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: puffYou mean the sound on the first number? No, the Pianet sound used in the solo from 6m20s in the linked clip. Glad you dug the sound...and the threads too. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: "Shoe box" sound by Del @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Toni GoldenerHere in my place there are a lot of grand (smaller Yamahas come to my mind), that have this kind of sound in the bass. Sometimes worse than an small upright (not in the low bass, but in the tenor break). Like there
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by ezpiano.org @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: malkinAs a student, I know I would appreciate a referral. Totally agree with that. How about doing some research around your area, finding a few teachers and their teaching style and give the students the choice of who they
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Troubleshooting the Gravity Drop/Weight Transfer etc. by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

One of my teachers informed me that every time I played his piano it would go out of tune, and I had broken more strings than any other student. Turns out I hit the keys way too hard when I was trying to. I think this might be a common problem for pe
Jump to new posts Re: Accepted Procedure for Having a Piano Tech look at a piano? by Gerry Johnston @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Paul678, the truth will not get a piano technician very far in the piano industry. While I assume you are talking about a private party sale in your hypothetical—for which the main points have already been made by other post
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner adult book to read AWAY from the piano? by What? @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

I am already smarter. Thanks much, poormxdad
Jump to new posts Chopin etude op.10 no.1 by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I'd share this. Recorded straight off my FP-7F, I haven't figured out why there's so much electrical noise but oh well. https://soundcloud.com/andrew-qian-2/chopin-etude-in-c-major-op-10
I haven't logged on in forever, but I just thought of this and found this thread. I personally like the mellow sound. I think you might be able to get it more crisp by custom EQ. I find the preset EQ pumps up certain parts of the spectrum way too mu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what is the best book to learn piano by your own..? by Michael Martinez @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian Lucas In fact, when I introduce new scales, I just give them the "right" notes to play first to let them explore the sound. Then, as it becomes more familiar, we introduce the theory Good approach. In fact, re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Klavins piano - their concert grand by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

If only it had pedals.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by caters @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: catersI once saw in a list of videos 2 pianos 16 hands. It is impossible to have 4 players on 1 piano so it is impossible to have 2 pianos 16 hands. I've no idea of what you're on about in your s
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
166 registered (36251, accordeur, A Guy, 43 invisible), 1710 Guests and 39 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74215 Members
42 Forums
153523 Topics
2249799 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A good introduction to history of French classical music?
by BWV 846
04/17/14 10:50 AM
Piano Composition + a Drawing
by leandrobrunapiano
04/17/14 10:50 AM
Casio AP range advice please
by thamajor7
04/17/14 09:37 AM
Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money?
by talfi composer
04/17/14 09:10 AM
Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money?
by talfi composer
04/17/14 09:07 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission