Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
96 registered (angga888, AZNpiano, aesop, 28 invisible), 1134 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: First digital piano. Which will be better? by bnolsen @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

The CDP has a different (inferior) key action and different (inferior) sound engine from the privia series. It's not just the speakers.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anne H @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Okay, everyone's totals should be updated again. There were some amazing count jumps in the past week or so - everyone has been doing amazingly well.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Albunea @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Today I managed to do the F Scale in both directions! When I did the C Scale it was harder and only did it to the right…ohh today I also did that one to the left! Neither is perfected, so tomorrow a bit more.
Jump to new posts Re: At what price do digital piano's start sounding real by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

I always listen to a keyboard in the store using quality headphones (usually my own). If the keyboard sounds great through professional headphones, it will sound great through a great sound system. Also, if you can, try and live with the sound of
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Brahms Intermezzo 118 no 2 by jdw @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

Well, friends, maybe it’s a mistake to post this. If so, someone is sure to let me know. Now that I've performed this piece for a generous audience, I feel it could be a useful exercise in anti-perfectionism to share this rehearsal recording. T
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by Albunea @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

jotur, if you like "Softly as I leave you", tomorrow I'll start a thread about it, like a transcription thread. I have what I consider the melody (I've noticed by now melodies can change too), and I am on my way to learning chords but still
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Welcome to the forum Sandeebee, divorce can be so tough but so liberating and life changing in positive ways as well.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-gluing Ivory Key Top by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

I once tried "Gorilla" glue on an ivory top as a test. The problem was that it did not seem to bond to ivory very well and it lifted off easily. Of course the top needs to be clamped and then excess foam trimmed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning classical piano by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

This forum is one of the best resource you will ever find. If you do not know about it already you can pick up free classical sheet music at imslp.org This spreadsheet may also become very handy in selecting pieces.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital pieces and repeats …. by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Honestly, my rendition is quite humble. I realized my lack? of skill after listening to many versions on youtube, some by pianists who started playing piano before they were finished with breast weaning…… But I’ll try to make up for that some
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts MY New Piano! by Sandeebee @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

I just bought my first piano! I have yet to take delivery as I need to "prep" the area where I am planning on putting it. I'm in the middle of repairing, redecorating/updating and de-cluttering my house and need to get that room painted!
Piano Forum
I thought it was a "read only" forum for regular users? Maybe I need to visit the FAQ forum more often. I'll post your question in the moderator's forum for discussion. Rick
Piano Forum
post deleted.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano hunt - daunted! (UK) by joe80 @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

Then have a look at the Kawai K.800, or one of the German pianos. Petrof are priced about the same as Yamaha, and there is this nice German make called WIlh. Steinberg, which is a beautiful hand made German piano - although they do I think have som
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many is too many instruments? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By MRCOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By MRCOriginally Posted By Polyphonist2 is too many instruments. The less instruments you play, the better you will be at each of the instruments. Nonsense. Playing more t
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by emenelton @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By Jay Roland We sold upgrade boards for years. (SR-JV Series, SRX series, ARX Series even TDW-1 Expansions for V-Drums) Customers appreciated them. But I always enjoyed selling a Fantom X, TD-10 Kit, RD Piano, or XV module/piano A
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to get over 40,000,000 clicks on YouTube... by krikorik @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

THere are many examples of extended piano sounds. I like this one https://youtu.be/SWDahZK7pMw
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing in Home Concert Xtreme or Synthesia by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 04:04 PM

I have the desktop version of Synthesia, that is, the learning pack. It certainly can show the MIDI files, most of which I make myself, in the key and time signatures they were made in. Sometimes, it doesn't, when I open a downloaded MIDI. I don't kn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Johan B @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By JytteToday I decided to try to 'guage objectively' what I'm working on at the moment. I practice like crazy, and I watch my videos, but I hear 'how I'm playing', nuances, faults that needs correcting, details needs worked on and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa--web site by Entheo @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

looks like they fixed the CSS3 problem. doesn't she have an official relationship with bosendorfer? used to enjoy listening to glass's soundtrack to powaqqatsi, on saturday mornings for some reason. philip glass jokes (e.g. knock knock) are a hoot a
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: QRS software by hmlevine @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Just wondering if you are just using QRS music files from QRS. The reason I'am asking is when I had the pianomation ll upgrade installed I had the name of someone that sells music files that worked with Pianomation ll.He would send me the files and I
Jump to new posts Re: Upright and grand ratio by Beemer @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Thanks, Ian
Jump to new posts Re: Bass String Replacement by BDB @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

I think you should go back and measure. Sometimes you just have to admit you made a mistake and pay the consequences. Incidentally, my tool for making German loops works just as well no matter how many times you loop around the hitch pin: Loo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Bravi, Nikolas and Heather both! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recording.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fazioli Piano I wish to buy by R_B @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

So, as I read the question it is: What is 12 years of "in store" depreciation ? {In this case "in store" seems to mean that it has been out for trials, demos, performances, whatever_all_else.} Greater, less than or equal to 40%
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Voicing & regulation issues on a newly restored Steinway L
by EricJ
04/28/15 12:17 AM
Free sheet music?
by PamDD
04/27/15 11:17 PM
Kawai RX-7 BLAK or?????
by kneman1
04/27/15 10:28 PM
Meeting with prospective parent/students
by Arghhh
04/27/15 10:16 PM
Ehrbar baby grand
by Geeta
04/27/15 09:48 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,071 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,603 Topics
2,400,526 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission