Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
148 registered (A Guy, ADS63, Alexander Borro, A Flat Minor, 38 invisible), 1767 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Louis Podesta 1) Dr. Clive Brown's book, "Classical and Romantic Performing Practice 1750-1900" (OUP). 2) Accordingly, the Bel Canto Aria style of performance practice was in existence from the pre-Baroque Era until
Piano Forum
A longer speaking length can actually be detrimental in the low bass. A shorter speaking length and longer back scale (the length of strings between the bridge and the hitch pins at the bottom of the piano) can produce a deeper sounding bass than a l
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano to grow with by bluebilly @ Today at 01:52 AM

I'm not sure if there's any data to confirm my belief that more people have taken up learning to play piano in recent years thanks to the present day Digital Piano; I say "present day" as electric synthesiser/piano/organs have been around f
Originally Posted By: HakkiLet's say 2 members are distracted by the video and 3 members by the tuning out of a 10 member jury Then there is a probability that 30% to 50% of the jury could be distracted. Why take the risk? Get the piano tuned and
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: dynamobt why should I stay at easier level pieces when I can eventually figure out more difficult works? Because these pieces can be great music and very well worth playing? Because one can bring out something musically tha
Piano Forum
Can you tell me more about how the transaction worked when you purchased from Tim Praskins? Is there official paperwork during this exchange? Just wondering how the prices can be so much lower than other retailers and wanted to make sure the process
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by rnaple @ Today at 01:18 AM

Morodiene..... If it's ok with you. I'd like to keep this piece open if anyone wants an easy piece to pick up. Really doesn't take much to learn it. All I was doing was working in expression. The kind I would like to play in it. Right now all that'
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Spiritual Nature of Jazz by rocket88 @ Today at 01:07 AM

Thank you for sharing that, Dave.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone recommend a piano lamp for a vertical? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 01:02 AM

Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: piano compositions for beginners by currawong @ Today at 12:55 AM

haha. Yes, I picked the gems and didn't tell the kids they were supposed to find them boring. Thanks for starting the new thread. I'll see you there.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTThe hammers look like they might still give good results. The knuckles look hideous. If the action centers are not gummed up, (highly unlikely), you "might" get pretty good results replacing the knuckle
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sauter Schulpiano by Almaviva @ Today at 12:34 AM

I'm sure this is a nice upright piano, but $28,000 is a high price for an upright piano to be sold to schools. I hope they offer steep institutional discounts.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade T-bar wrench use tuning piano by Maximillyan @ Today at 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: cyclotronWhen I didn't have access to a tuner in Saudi Arabia I had my machine shop make a tuning hammer for me. They machined each half of a half cylinder to match the taper of the pin, welded the two halves together, turned th
Jump to new posts Re: RM3 regulation by Joe Garfield @ Today at 12:12 AM

Thanks James. I don't think I personally want to do much, at least not yet. I am not after anything major, just a little adjustment to make it a little more to my liking. I messed around enough with the Casios and Yamahas trying to get them to play
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated notes technique by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DanSTry keeping your forearm and hand as relaxed as possible. You can practice with and without accents, but don't use weight to accent, just finger. Also, and this one helped me a lot, make sure that each finger hits the same
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music for beginner [General Discussion] by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Youngster and generally young kids will have, to begin with, limitations due to their small hands. Especially 4/5 year olds will have quite a few hurdles to overcome. On the other hand the hands of 8 and 9 year olds (I have plenty of those in my stud
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Steinway L price by overeat @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Yes, the seller didn't want to entertain my 25k. I guess we will continue our piano hunting. But how to tell we like the tone of a piano? And a lot of time, my wife, me and my son felt differently.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Revolutionary new piano unveiled by Hungarian pianist by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: ChickGrandOriginally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPT...How about this one? https://app.box.com/s/q7vosp2amts8b83kuy8t I would add that it is in a key that is not supposed to work in non-ET. The very reason why such a temperament
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha cvp-20 parts help by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

The GH3 keyboard uses these pads:Code: Part Num Description -------- --------------------------------------------- V8286600 Rubber Contact, Octave 12 Keys D-C# D-C# V8286800 Rubber Contact, Octave 5 Keys A-C# A1-C#0 V8286700 Rub
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai production numbers by KawaiDon @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

No, our factory does not give us production numbers for individual models by year. I'm sure it's something they have in Japan, but it is not shared with us at Kawai America.
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff Prelude op. 23 no. 4 by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Thank you for your advice, piano_friend Emma! I will try singing my way through the piece to help me overcome the tendency to play by bars.
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with best Acoustic Grand and Rhodes by pspicer @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Bennevis, EJF, Whew!! Many thanks. Turns out I have a severe case even without knowing what it was!
Jump to new posts Re: I Love Rachmaninoff <3 Who is with me? by piano_friend @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Pv88, you should also finish Elegie and post it, you play it very well!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are prices negotiable at a piano dealer in Europe? by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Retsacnal* I know multiple people who've purchased new BMWs in Germany, driven them around a bit on vacation, and then shipped them home tax free. That's called a European Delivery (ED) program. It's not any type of internatio
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs CA95 by Vincent S @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Hi, I'm pretty much also undecided between these two pianos. Which setup do you guys recommend? I'm playing mostly at home (living room) with 2-3 other instruments or probably can stretch to small gigs of 10-12 people (also at my living room). Aesth
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pete Carroll plays the piano.
by furlongdude
01/31/15 11:14 AM
How do we memorize a piece on the piano?
by RaggedKeyPresser
01/31/15 10:03 AM
New to Forum
by Agfinguy
01/31/15 10:03 AM
Original Scaling - 1929 Steinert Copy of Steinway B
by Seeker
01/31/15 10:01 AM
Hammer flange movement?
by Beemer
01/31/15 07:15 AM
Forum Stats
77938 Members
42 Forums
161087 Topics
2366338 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission