Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
78 registered (alwatson, Aleksiv, anzeen, 27 invisible), 1534 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts EBVT for Concerts, Revisited by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 12:28 AM

Back in April, Toni Goldener posted a thread titled, "EBVT for Concerts," asking for opinions to help him decide whether or not he should give it a try. He later posted a recording of the (very lovely) concert with the piano tuned to EBVT.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX360 vs Kurzweil MPS20? by Radio.Octave @ Today at 12:13 AM

Thanks, but I decided to try the Casio. No place around here had either board, but the Kurzweil was special order at most online places (which means no returns accepted). Kind of risky, so I just went with the PX560. It seems like it's newer tech,
Jump to new posts Re: Soundcard suggestions? by humax @ Today at 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By KeyboardClattererHello. I'm looking for soundcard ... * Low-latency soundcard (supporting ASIO drivers?) * Prefer soundcard over external audio interface * Cheap (certainly under £100, was hoping to spend around £50). Hi
Jump to new posts Re: Safest and effective way to clean around tuning pins by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By BDBI dust pianos with a paint brush. I'm too https://youtu.be/FF-PS4-6S7M
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing studio policy and lesson fees by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano The second point will become moot once you stop granting make-up lessons. Really. Don't give make-up lessons unless it is you who requested the break or re-scheduling. So you're fine with allowing yourself to resche
Every keyboard I've played with and/or purchased has a separate reference manual for voices, styles, and other sounds. It's never in the main manual, and at first I too missed it and was a bit frustrated...this was with the MoX8 I think. But then I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- colour scheme for the wall behind a piano by Oongawa @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Suggestions on the technique... You might have better luck if your paint is diluted to a glaze and then you use multiple coats. The translucency that the glaze has will help to make the transitions smoother, since successive coats would not transit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by gwood @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

i play piano because i love music and i love the sound of piano and the endless variety of music available for piano. plus i also play to keep my mind / brain active ('m getting older) and hand eye coordination. background: we had a piano when i wa
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1 regulation enigma by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Loose let off rail?
Jump to new posts Re: Aural Tuning Lessons - How Often? by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Some Kimball uprights are not the easiest to practice tuning on. Further, the scaling might not lend itself to a decent temperament. I'd recommend practicing on the Steinway instead - work on moving the pin only the amount needed to preserve the bl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Carpal tunnel surgery by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By Pennypackeri would certainly advise alternative treatment before undergoing surgery! ... Take a month off and see what happens. most of my students have developed carpal tunnel at some point, sometimes multiple times. I came up w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

"Talent is wasted on the lazy" - Groucho Wilde
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing leegato intervals/chords by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 05:16 PM

Play all notes legato if the musical context says legato and if it's physically possible, as it is in that case: 31 to 42 can easily be legato. The strategy of playing only the upper note legato is for situations where it's not physically possible to
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendation needed for second machine to practice away. by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

IMHO, and FWIW: 25 keys (2 octaves) is pretty small for practicing progressions. If you reserve some of it for a bass line, the "right hand region" shrinks drastically. If you start playing "open voicings" with two hands, it'll
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help - How to Fix a Popped Out Key! by LLJ @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

Thank you for the pictures!! This is very helpful. Yesterday I succeeded in unscrewing the sides, but I couldn't get the top off the keyboard. Is there something specific I need to do to get it off? Thank you for the continued help - I appreciate
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Left-hand comping right-hand soloing by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

My memory from many years ago in piano lessons, is the teacher saying "practice hands separately". I don't do that so much these days, but I do sometimes play something I have difficulty with slower. It may feel awkward doing it, but try to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW BALDWIN 178 by scriabinfanatic @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

I got a chance to try new "Gibson" Baldwins while shopping for the grand that I just bought, and I agree with the OP that they didn't sound anything like American Baldwins. I grew up playing a Baldwin grand in our home, so I am very famili
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher/player "lineage" - does it matter? by Pianodao @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottFor me this is like knowing my family tree. We're all affected by our ancestry but it's only one of many factors making us who we are. I like knowing the ancestors of my teachers' approaches. I also like being able to
Jump to new posts Korg SV-1..3rd Time a Charm (Sort of) by Rhodie73 @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

So I refused to let this one go without a fight. I repurchased a Korg SV-1Bk 73 and once again after about two days of playing it, I started hearing some key clacking and clicking problems. I decided to open it up and re-lube the entire RH3 keybed my
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Very annoying forum experience lately by Pneuma @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

This happens because the forum program, which is UBB 7.5.9 is not mobile-optimized. From my observation, unfortunately, open-sourced forum programs are very slow to adopt this feature. You can visit http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ from both your PC a
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding between CA67 (maybe CA97) and HP605 by JoBert @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By CoolnameThanks for all the comments on this point to far. The point is that ppp seems possible on the Kawai too, if the volume is turned down enough. However, then there is obviously limitations in the max. sound. So, if the volu
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is Publishing Unfingered Scores Just Lazy or Cowardly?
by WhoDwaldi
07/30/16 02:49 PM
Debussy- Cortot Edition
by dogperson
07/30/16 12:16 PM
Recording myself.
by Jack Gately
07/30/16 10:14 AM
Any physical technologies that do what piano strings do?
by Groove On
07/30/16 08:59 AM
Kawai CN34 or Roland F-140R? (or maybe Casio Celviano AP650)
by misa063
07/30/16 05:58 AM
Forum Stats
84,466 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,227 Topics
2,544,131 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission