Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
112 registered (36251, Anne H, anotherscott, AprilE, accordeur, Alexander Borro, 35 invisible), 1171 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Help by debussychopin @ Today at 03:31 PM

The 9 1 nocturne they will be looking more at your pedaling (and the cadenza) so unless you can nail it I wouldn't recommend it as it isn't an ideal choice to present in terms of playing technicality
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Nocturne op 9 no 2 by Miruna @ Today at 03:28 PM

You are right, I jump too fast from the first note to the second and the first one remains too short, too stacatto - I will work on that ! Merci pour vos remarques
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP90 successful repair by sevcsa @ Today at 03:21 PM

Hi Michael, and to all of you! I'm Csaba from Hungary. Thanks to your instructions I could repair (almost) a GEM RP220. The CPU board of it looks the same than your RP90's, just some more components on the empty places. [img]https://drive.google.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLEYEL piano, any comment by BruceD @ Today at 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By trandinhnamanh[...]There's a little recording I made on my Pleyel P190: https://soundcloud.com/nam-anh-tran-3/ravel-sonatine-menuet-on-pleyel-p190 Soundcloud "can't find that track"! Regards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Split-Treble Upright Action by Rickster @ Today at 02:46 PM

Well, I'm not really a piano tech, but more of an apprentice/enthusiast. However, I would say that there are two things that would dictate a break in the hammer line... the action brackets on the action frame or the plate struts, as you have mentione
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in d minor by lautreamont @ Today at 02:33 PM

This is solid for a teenage effort. You have several good ideas here. The hardest thing about composing when you're young is learning how to develop ideas, to really get all that you can out of them, and to connect ideas. You have to ask yourself,
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
This Masquerade is an excellent tune. It is my absolute favorite cover by Karen. Although, not original to the Carpenters. Many other Carpenter's tunes and covers would also fit the bill: Close to You We've only just begun Rainy Days and Monda
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Rerun @ Today at 01:42 PM

Kites: http://www.chonday.com/Videos/harmony-peace-kites
Whatever you buy, make sure you have 88 full size, weighted keys i.e. get a proper digital piano. Any of the Casio Privia PX pianos will seem fabulous compared with what you currently have. I know because I swapped a keyboard similar to yours for a P
Adult Beginners Forum
I also want to share that I bought an Alfred's book of Sacred Music that goes along with this book. Starting at the beginning, it is great, as I don't know these songs, but I am able to play them, basically from first look, just by sight reading. For
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by JohnSprung @ Today at 12:49 PM

Seeing those pictures, I'd definitely grab it. If you don't, let us know where it is and someone here will..... ;-)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RPTs, Associates : Patrons and DIYers by machineintel @ Today at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By Adam Schaaf 58265 P.S. Can anyone coach me on how to revise my profile here? I couldn't figure it out If you click on "My Stuff" in the menu bar at the top of the page, there will be a dropdown menu under which you'll
Jump to new posts Example of Beat Speed Analysis by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 12:15 PM

I hope some people find this interesting. I am providing this service free of charge. http://howtotunepianos.com/temperament-report-for-001-01/
Jump to new posts MIDI Record Strips by d2g @ Today at 11:45 AM

Hello, I'm a pianoteq 5/ RD-700NX player with a Mason AA on the way (excited). I'm wrestling with the option of adding midi recording - don't need the player system just recording. Would appreciate advice and experienced views on PNOScan vs pianod
Adult Beginners Forum
i hope those mental puzzles are the fun kind..not a stressful kind.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by Albunea @ Today at 11:06 AM

I've learnt something about "Oriental" in music terminology and I am sharing it here. It seems at some point Oriental was a tag used on some music, especially Russian (I learnt about it reading Rimsky-Korsakov's page in wikipedia now). Quo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by lautreamont @ Today at 11:03 AM

An encouraging week. Finally I can control my arpeggios at any speed of which I am capable when, before, the faster I went the louder my arpeggios got. I'm also making progress in double notes like in Chopin Op. 10 no 2 and Op. 25 no. 6, and Liszt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX-2 or Estonia 168 by Rickster @ Today at 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By FurtwanglerModerators: I think this one has about run its course - don't you? I agree. There's a difference between healthy debate and "in-your-face" finger pointing. Time to move on... Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by dynamobt @ Today at 10:20 AM

Thank you!
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 09:56 AM

Appreciated.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teachers in Houston, Tx? by Plowboy @ Today at 09:38 AM

That's the advice I'm given by my Chinese friends. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne no. 5 by Steve Chandler @ Today at 09:08 AM

lautreamont, +1, especially the scattered comment. This piece goes a lot of places, but I never got a feeling of consistency. The false ending can be an effective structural component but I didn't feel it worked in this case. This is an instance wher
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror (Piano Instrumental) by Mr. Pianoman @ Today at 08:30 AM

My new piano instrumental cover of Michael Jackson's 'Man In The Mirror'. I love this song since I was a little child...hope you enjoy my piano version as well. Special thanks goes to my female dancer Vanessa, who supported me by shooting the video
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-560 User's Guide by Bachus @ Today at 08:27 AM

http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/Web_PX560-ES-1A_EN.pdf Just read trough it, it confirms that this new UI with touchscreen is a great step up... If the streetprice overhere in europe is under €1000 then it will be a major se
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart First Piano Sonata (C major) by joe80 @ Today at 07:07 AM

Thank you very much, it means a lot that you like it, especially since you're a teacher and pianist yourself. The set-up I have is a pair of SE Electronics SE5 microphones. They cost £450 for the matched pair, which isn't expensive really, but they
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai CN35 v1.07 software update
by Kawai James
1 minute 27 seconds ago
Kawai ES7 v1.17 software update
by Kawai James
10 minutes 33 seconds ago
Fun for Beethoven fans
by jdw
43 minutes 11 seconds ago
Sometimes your piano teacher knows something you don't.
by TwoSnowflakes
57 minutes 36 seconds ago
MIDI record strips
by d2g
Today at 07:25 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,201 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,868 Topics
2,431,413 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission