Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (Amosdoll, 8ude, agoriaket, ando, AndrewJCW, 37 invisible), 1306 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts glissando question by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

glissando question
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by jazzwee @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Thanks! Where are my 500 hearts? LOL. I've been having a great time with a lovely community on scope. Last night, one of the pianists gave me a lesson on Drop 2/4 voicings and Inside/Outside voicings. It's super when you participate and share with e
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Had to Pass on some Work Today..... by BDB @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

No, the bridge came loose due to wood movement and a bad glue joint.
Jump to new posts Re: Help with KAWAI CE-7N by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Sometimes pianos that sit idle for a long time can develop stiffness but usually if sitting in garages. However I have not seen this in those Kawais. and many do sit in houses for a decade or more after the kids lose interest. Your's is from the 1980
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Mainstage 3.2 by Macy @ Yesterday at 05:36 PM

Did you look at the OS X Activity Monitor as someone else suggested? Anything gobbling up CPU in the background? Something abnormal must be going on. Someone asked you about Spotlight indexing. Assume you checked that? I'd disconnect everything possi
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Dream come true. Boston to Steinway by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

If you've got the photo as a jpeg on your desktop, first you need to upload it to a website so that it's available on the internet. You can't just attach photos to your post here like you could with an email, unfortunately. You can only include links
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway in Wired by Mark Fontana @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

In high-res MIDI streams, both Yamaha and PianoDisc pass the high 7 bits (of 10) as the MIDI velocity in the note-on commands. They use adjacent non-note MIDI commands to provide the three extra LSBs (least-significant bits) for note velocities. Ya
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Knabe vs Mason & Hamlin baby grand by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By Marsha J McDowellSo I was thinking of having the guy who did all the work be the regular technician. Is that a bad idea? I figured he knows the piano well. If you like him and trust him, it's an excellent idea.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Showing signs of... by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

I've taught many self-motivated students, and most of them needed some prodding from time to time. September is when schools go back in session, and usually there's this fatigue from the brainlessness that is summer vacation, and kids are reluctant
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by Elwood @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By Mike_MartinThe PX-5S has a "DSP Effect" on each tone of the first four zones. I don't believe the word "INSERT" is used in the manual. I certainly couldn't find the *insert* anywhere in the manual and I wou
Jump to new posts Re: How old were you when you started tuning? by TunerJeff @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

19 Started a Niles Bryant home-study course during the summer after a year of college. I then found part time work at a Baldwin dealership while studying Music. One day we were delivering a piano and the owner turned to me and said; 'Middle-C is stic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bad to visually memorize chords? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

I do it visually, no harm that I can tell.... I even made a kind of paper slide rule thing that takes lead sheet symbols and shows which keys to press.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Should I re-work this composition? by Phil-60 @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Thanks for your kind words. They are much appreciated.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: apps to read / annotate music by Tiger22 @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

I have a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and I think it is one of the largest tablets available at the moment. I run MobileSheets Pro on it and consider the combination very good. MobileSheets Pro is a great app and includes annotating tools to mark your music.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert Impromptu D899 No. 2 in E Flat Major by RichterForever @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

To all who have posted on this thread, I do apologise for my silence. For some reason, the alerts/notifications for new posts are not getting to me and I have only just read the responses to my initial posting. Apologies if I seemed rude. Thank you f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By CareyThe salesperson should know the difference between an RX2 and RX-2C as well as the true year of the Kawai's production. Either the new Kawai is grossly underpriced, or the 30 year old Yamaha is grossly overpriced !! Will be
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When was my player piano manufactured? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Just PM'd you. Check it out.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Scan by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Scan
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No.1 in A-flat Major, Aeolian Harp by RichterForever @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

Goomer, thank you for your comments. I am not getting the alerts or notifications of new posts on this thread, for some reason. I do apologise if I seemed rude for not responding. We've been grappling with his posture ever since he started tinkering
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slash Chord Question by jjo @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

When you say the software doesn't play the Ab, it would be played by the bass, not the piano, in IRealPro. The note to the right in a slash chords indicates a bass note, and in IRealPro, the piano part is playing (correctly) rootless chords, so the
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: HOW do you make piano sit in front of strings in a mix? by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

EQ the schmotz out of the piano. If you don't know schmotz is low mid sound between about 200 and 800 Hz that tends to muddy the mix. The best way to find the center frequency of the offending sound is to set a parametric EQ with increased amplitude
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [Piano Cover] One Call Away - Charlie Puth by minisub @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Hello everyone! Here is my new piano cover. Would be love if you checked it out and give me any feedback, One Call Away - Charlie Puth https://www.youtube.com/dashboard?o=U Cheers!
Jump to new posts Re: Weird Clavinova (GH) problem by Kaan Ergen @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

i talked other piano service now. im really anger. he dont say lubrication type, dont sell, dont give, only give repair service. (50-100 usd) greedy people biggest problem this country. (Türkiye) Unfortunately our population included more middle eas
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Live piano music in restaurant - thinking Christmas
by Bellyman
09/03/15 09:27 PM
Casio AP-450, strange sound when a few keys are pressed
by Sandbo
09/03/15 07:43 PM
Glissando question
by FrankCox
09/03/15 06:56 PM
Why are there no guidelines for beginners and averages.
by ster100
09/03/15 06:49 PM
Arabian piano music
by Aly Baracat
09/03/15 05:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,625 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,662 Topics
2,441,864 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission