Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Op. 25 No. 1 by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

This is a piece that also benefits from practicing in broken rhythms.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Upright Tone by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: rxdYes. I remember the 6,000. Strange feel. I remember playing with the regulation to see if I could get the relationship between the bottoming of the key and the moment of hammer strike closer. I couldn't make enough differenc
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on Baby Grand Piano : KAWAI GE 1 vs KAWAI GM-10K by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

I agree with wimpiano on both counts - post this in the correct section for more answers. You are looking at used, entry-level, very small grand pianos. Speaking as a teacher, I would not perceive of much of a benefit in the actions of these over a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Agree with learning more rep. It's on my list to buy the standard Schirmer Aria books. I've learned many of those arias on the wolf trap lists, but many of those I learned a couple years ago. If I were to read one of those again now, the first/sec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amsterdam; play me....grand piano by Johan B @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: noelpianoHaha, inspiring stuff. Would be great to have the skills to just sit down and play in public like that. Yes, Noel.....I only can play from sheetmusic ......so I can only sit down and play from my iPad...... I like it
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Please show me how to play this song!! by Nahum @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: MrSnrub What software did you use?? I use two softwares : my dear old Sibelius 4 and my good old ears ( without forgetting the experience ).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs. Taylor London - purchase advice needed by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

I agree with both posts above. If the Yamaha owner won't budge on the price, demand that the piano be tuned prior to sale so you can properly evaluate the tone of it. Because, you can't evaluate the tone of a piano that was delivered new and never
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by jotur @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JimFIt was great to read your updated entries today, Sam. After 10 days I'd begun worrying you had a problem of some kind....other than the ones you face every day. Hoping your foot feels better soon. Jim +1 I was beginnin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is This Appropriate Way To Memorize Pitches? by Brian Lucas @ Yesterday at 12:42 PM

It's definitely an interesting approach. Are you good at relative pitch? If so, you only really need to know one of those notes. Personally I don't like learning notes or intervals attached to a song because it implies tonality. If you wanted to deve
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you know the name of this book? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

I wonder what in Cuba is still used Russian textbooks that were there in the 60s. In my childhood I learned from textbook of Mutli, but I do not remember the verbal text. Into English old textbooks usually are not translated.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! I'm a newb! by SchubertSerenade @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Well, I have decided to ask the fellow who is coming to tune the piano for a recommendation for a piano teacher for both my daughter and myself. He services pianos frequently in my area, surely he can recommend someone. Right now, I'm working on ma
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: ClsscLib Bennevis, do you play the Liszt section of Weinachtsbaum (number 4, I think -- "March of the Three Holy Kings") that is his version of the carol many know as "Adeste Fideles"? That's on my piano buc
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: New composition! by Axtremus @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

Hey ValexRx, I just got around to checking out your recording. It sounds good and is perfectly enjoyable to me. May be it's not suitable for Carnegie Hall but it will work perfectly fine in film and commercials and restaurants and elevators -- and I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chord Book recommendation by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

I ordered the book. I suggest that people read all the reviews -- positive and negative.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do steinways survive tropical climates? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:15 AM

I think tropicalising is an extra on any piano pretty much. Why should a temperate zone buyer pay to have a tropical issue piano?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: it's so good to see you! by Johan B @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

Welcome Manuel, Read your signature........found the Mozart file in IMSLP.org. Nice music, thanks. Did not know this piece. Nice recordings on Youtube! Best regards, Johan B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sauter Delta by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

So much to think about. Why can't it be simple?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5.1 by Mta88 @ Yesterday at 09:46 AM

Lol... It was an "awesome" comment I've heard only great things about the new "x" line.. Is it true it's a lot less bright sounding than previous c3s?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coursera - Introduction to Music Production by noelpiano @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Never heard of coursera before, so thanks for the share! I like to record the odd guitar backing so that I can play piano over it - might take a look at this course. Sounds good.
Jump to new posts Re: New ES7 User by Kubla @ Yesterday at 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsThe comparison between your es7 and the ysg 635 would be interesting. I use Yamaha's Dgx650 (had the 630) and the es7 was a contender at the time. But in the shop, you never really get to hear these at their best.. . A
I think that they will not invite a professional piano tuner. They have own funny operation use T-bar and perhaps they are happy. in spite of everything piano has some sounding
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts A few more photos of my new K-500 by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 06:42 AM

I would add these to the existing topic but that doesn't seem to work.
Jump to new posts Re: How to clean a digital piano? by jrcallan @ Yesterday at 06:39 AM

Good luck. I have an AP-45 [that's right "45"] that I've had for about six years and is still going strong. I stick to dusting with a Swiffer cloth now and then, a damp rag on the case veneer now and then, and a little window cleaner, spra
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai K-500 and fun with reflections by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 06:38 AM

A few more photos from this afternoon.
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co. Grand Piano, $4000 by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 06:23 AM

What's wrong with the decayed sponge and rubber band sound?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This is punny
by Tango Vic
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano.
by TwoSnowflakes
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
Mixer for live-use
by Auver
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Question on Kawai CA65 functions
by ColinDS
Yesterday at 04:30 PM
40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do?
by pinkfloydhomer
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
Who's Online
91 registered (Auntie Lynn, accordeur, Anticlock, AmateurBob, angga888, 27 invisible), 1284 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76591 Members
42 Forums
158373 Topics
2325542 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission