Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
107 registered (Anita Potter, 36251, ando, A Guy, anamnesis, accordeur, 31 invisible), 1399 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano Actions MP11,RD-800,CP4 by CouchPotatoJr @ Today at 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: oliver123456Dear fellow pianists,Thank you all for the information and advice you have offered.It is as i expected,it is a purely subjective thing.One mans medicine is anothers poison.I will have to take 100 mile return bus trip
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuseI'm chuckling a bit here. I adopted my cat from a local animal shelter. I was curious as to why the cat area had Mozart piped in ... all day. The director told me that "classical music calms the cats&
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
If I could contribute anything here, I'd say a good way to play outside is just to play (quote) melodies that may not fit with the changes of the song you're playing. I've heard my teacher Jean-Michel Pilc quote Spain (in 4/4) over Someday My Prince
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: trill RH: the LH goes too fast by Arghhh @ Today at 12:52 PM

Make sure you are playing a measured trill, that is, a trill with a specified number of notes and not an unmeasured trill with a random number of notes. Choose two or possibly three notes in the RH per one LH eighth note.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Creating schedule of lessons for next term by malkin @ Today at 12:47 PM

Some people don't mind reschedules at all and for others it's catastrophic. Find out which sort you're working with and proceed accordingly.
Hi dire tonic, check out my latest post to see some swing! I was going for a different sound with this one
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Christmas 2014 at Piano World Headquarters - Maine by Piano World @ Today at 12:26 PM

Some pictures of our Christmas decorations here at Piano World headquarters in Parsonsfield, Maine Most of the decorating was done by Kathy. I added two new 20 amp circuits with outdoor outlets mostly to accommodate the lights :-) Now show us yours
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Digital Piano by Carbonblob @ Today at 12:11 PM

Hey Kurtz, You must have been talking to the Yamaha tech who repaired my GT1! That's exactly what I ended up paying. The killer part is, I bought the Kawai before he finished repairs.......don't ask. I tried to rationalize that by thinking the next
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by mcoll @ Today at 11:56 AM

Thanks! I'm still very much interested how the two actions compare. I expect the rh3 would be pretty close to what it should be now, with the counterweights. As for the trills, I just saw Kawai's demo video for the CN35 and the choice of music pretty
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano World @ Today at 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Exalted WombatOMG! Your family will have to be supported by the income of a jazz musician? Good luck with that :-) Can the children get a bit of chimney-sweeping work on the side? Or it may have to be back to the exotic dancing.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas tunes by doctor S @ Today at 11:17 AM

Yes, pv88, loved them all (yours, too, Tim!)! The Traditional, with just some spare arpeggiated chords, is very nice stuff. (Gosh, could I play it?)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blubbering and friction by rysowers @ Today at 10:56 AM

Thanks Jean, I didn't realize that Israel Stein WAS the tech! It's a small world after all...
Adult Beginners Forum
A bit of honky tonk boogie woogie. I've found that by using the third chorus setting on piano I can get a nice honky tonk tone. My dad used to play boogie woogie apparently and Ive always liked it. So here Im playing chords in the right hand and octa
Jump to new posts Merry Christmas from TromboneAl by TromboneAl @ Today at 10:26 AM

Hi, Guys, Haven't been around much, but I'm still playing. Click here for your Christmas card from Al & Lena Click here for your 2014 Christmas card from Al & Lena.
Adult Beginners Forum
Happy Christmas to all... I've been working on Alfreads book 3 Classy Rag for quite sometime now ( the one with all the dim7th chords ) and I found the song " I'll be Home for Christmas " which is also filled with dim7th's. The song writte
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ Today at 09:13 AM

UPDATE CONCERTS Thursday 08 January 2015 Ludovico Einaudi TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht, Netherlands Friday 09 January 2015 Ludovico Einaudi Concertgebouw Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands Sunday 11 January 2015 Ludovico Einaudi Leidse Schouwburg, Lei
Adult Beginners Forum
Congratulations!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New or old piano best for daily practice? by joe80 @ Today at 08:18 AM

Stellar choice well done!
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Polonaise Fantasy Op 61 by Goomer Piles @ Today at 08:15 AM

'Allegedly Chopin's final composition' ... said no-one ever about the Polonaise-Fantaisie.
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude "3rds" Op25 No6 by Goomer Piles @ Today at 08:14 AM

I wouldn't waste a second on listening to this garbage, but I always read the first post for the hilarious self-assessments. They're kind of like a liner-notes equivalent of a politician saying, 'I've investigated myself and found no wrongdoing' - b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Define "atmospheric" in piano music by wouter79 @ Today at 08:03 AM

from the dictionary: > the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, or creative work In music I think it's also whether you as the player capture and play the mood and support it with your playing. I think it's tightly connected with the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Odd sound effect on old upright by wouter79 @ Today at 07:49 AM

Interesting, normally I hear a pitch drop right after the attack. That is also what I expect as the string tension raises a little with the attack as the string gets longer (it's bending a bit) Is the pitch rise immediately after the attack or later
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video available from "How It's Made" by LarryShone @ Today at 06:55 AM

Very cool, I love that show. Though I had to look for it on YouTube (slightly different version) because playback kept stopping on the Cunningham site.
Jump to new posts Re: Grieg Concerto (Competition Performance) by Derulux @ Today at 06:50 AM

I only got a chance to listen to the first half so far, but I must congratulate you. Very, very well done! I will certainly listen to the rest this evening. Thank you for sharing!
Piano Forum
It was going ok until the trumpet came in. Ugh...
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!!
by Piano_Brazil
18 minutes 41 seconds ago
Rzewski: De Profundis
by pianoloverus
20 minutes 29 seconds ago
Guide to skills level
by Gemgem
42 minutes 53 seconds ago
piano with willie
by TonyB
Today at 08:25 PM
Weird notation in the left hand
by LarryShone
Today at 07:43 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160026 Topics
2349976 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission