Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
102 registered (AndrewJCW, Alexander Borro, ando, Andrei Kuznetsov, AMarsReject, 33 invisible), 1362 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Blending different pieces together by Aly Baracat @ Today at 11:41 AM

Thank you for your feedback
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Choice of Piano for 8 Year Old Son by Just Steven @ Today at 11:40 AM

The quality of musical instruments never affected my progress. I completed ABRSM grade 8 with cheap violin. I completed grade 10 RCM piano with a spinet that was condemned to landfill. If money is not an issue, the sky is the limit.
Pianist Corner
Thank you very much for your advice, I think Kyle Landry would be a good example of how i would like to play. However, I want to integrate my own style instead of just imitating someone.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beyer substitution by playwell @ Today at 11:21 AM

Try using Czerny Op.599.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Students with A.D.D by Just Steven @ Today at 11:02 AM

He is there for therapy.
Member Recordings
Hey guys, As a new member I'm happy to share this video with you In the autumn of 2015 I had the opportunity to collaborate with a skilled artist by the name of Bruno d'Espiney, whom I have had the privilege of knowing for many years. Not only
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pedal by Nahum @ Today at 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By chopinoholic+1 for bare feet! In principle, yes ! You can think about the pedal as the key for the foot, and the foot - as a super finger. So foot on the pedal should be sensitive almost like a finger on the key.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano BERLIN by neciebugs @ Today at 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By sofo2000can you write more clearly? Please take this without offense, it is junk, rubbish, trash... Unless there is underlying sentimental value.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kreisler - Schon Rosmarin by Tim Adrianson @ Today at 09:43 AM

Hi, Polyphonist! Well, as Jackie Gleason would have said: "Mmmmmmmm, how sweet it IS!" You have just the right sense of panache for this little bon-bon -- I can visualize one eyebrow raised in bemused delight as you toss off all the orna
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts A# by rocket88 @ Today at 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By GonnaFillThoseShoe I didn't like the version on music notes (it was in f, and I want it in C). Learning to transpose the chords from one key to another is not really all that difficult, and is a valuable skill. It not only hel
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano, ADVICE APPRECIATED! :) by dmd @ Today at 08:38 AM

Good Choice. I would go for one too, except I already have the ES7 and cannot find a compelling reason to do it.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [Video] Flight of the bumblebee by Lafi @ Today at 08:26 AM

My first try of that piece. Transcription - Rachmaninoff. Hope you like it :)) https://youtu.be/TP64u9MyWv8
Jump to new posts Re: Small piano.. by Craig Hair @ Today at 07:58 AM

These pianos were marketed to the upper class as real pianos for the children's playroom. In the trade they go by either Tom Thumb, as said, or Shirley Temple pianos; depending on who it is intended for, I guess. Because the lowest notes are omitted
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai / Yamaha silent pianos and vpc1 / ES8 by mozart999uk @ Today at 07:33 AM

I have thanks. They don't stock the vpc 😕
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by peterws @ Today at 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By Nordomus Originally Posted By Jay RolandYou can do it on the HP5XX and 6XX/LX series with the Piano Designer App. Trust me. I've made some pretty "old school" sounding pianos using it. Jay Yep, I must agree with that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Frank. by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:54 AM

A slightly belated happy birthday Frank! Thank you for everything you do to make this great place for us.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My ragtime/stride arrangement of Cantina Band by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 06:53 AM

What a fun treat! Some pretty agile digits you have there. And you put a lot of care into producing this. I got a chuckle over the world's longest "credit list" at the end. I was waiting for an account of all participating quarks a
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Piano Recital - Images d'autres univers December 7, 2015, 8.00pm Maison d'Italie, Cité internationale universitaire de Paris 7A boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris, France http://www.ciup.fr/maison-de-l-italie/ Jennifer Lee (pianist), DMA., MMP (Guil
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Size of Mini-Temperaments by UnrightTooner @ Today at 06:00 AM

Update: This has been working great and passed the simulator tests. If there is even a 1/3 cent error in the P4s, both the m3 and M3 progressions will be wrong. I like the idea of needing them both to agree. A sanity check, if you will. Also, as expe
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Grotrian Duo piano by MRC @ Today at 05:50 AM

Grotrian grand piano for two piano recitals
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Better Equal Temperament Sequence? by UnrightTooner @ Today at 05:50 AM

That makes a world of sense, Kees. From what we have seen when aural tuners posted their best efforts the 6% chromatic RBI beatrate progression is not something we are capable of. A 12% bi-chromatic(?) RBI progression seems to be a practical limit.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weigth of the arm by Whizbang @ Today at 04:31 AM

You just have to play with it. At the point where you are playing with this stuff, your piano regulation and tone becomes important. You might be doing the right thing physically but your instrument might be fighting you. This is a long term thing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: buying a computer to put near digital piano by Medden @ Today at 04:20 AM

Sinophilia, I use 'Voice Record Pro' from Dayana Networks on the iPad and iPhone. You can also use apple's Garageband, or Yamaha's 'Audio Recorder'. You simply plug the line out of your digital piano into a cheap (£2 on amazon) 3.5mm microphone spl
Jump to new posts Re: Tested a bunch of Kawais & Rolands today by Timpskie @ Today at 03:59 AM

Hey Garf, I also live in Belgium (Izegem), and went to Maene in Ruiselede a couple af times I was gooing to maene to test the Yamaha CLP-545 but I ended up at the Kawai piano's. I was very impressed about how the action felt on the CA17. I did not
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disney Piano Songs by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:34 AM

The only one I have in my book is from a 1943 Donald Duck cartoon -- Later made famous by Spike Jones -- "Der Fuehrer's Face"....
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway D Phillips Collection PianoCraft
by Keith D Kerman
11/27/15 08:01 PM
Trifonov's performance of Rach 3 reviewed in the NY Times
by pianoloverus
11/27/15 05:44 PM
Fatar TP40 Wood vs Kawai RM3II vs Yamaha NW vs Roland PHA50
by Fer De Armas
11/27/15 05:05 PM
Room humidifier help - which size Venta to buy?
by Eric50
11/27/15 05:03 PM
Paid the balance on the Baldwin L
by neciebugs
11/27/15 04:46 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,564 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,612 Topics
2,470,215 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission