Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trichord string diameters Tallinn Grands by Goof @ Today at 02:38 PM

Yes sorry, I did mean 1.2 mm for the first note on the long bridge which is a trichord for D sharp 3. It sounds very good compared to the precceding note D3 on the bass brige. I have tried replacing the D3 , same size as original. Plus the next lower
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by Jay Roland @ Today at 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug M.Originally Posted By: Jay RolandMaking a close copy of another manufacturers action won't serve us well though will it? Sure we can adapt. I know our engineers do not lack the expertise to make a "real grand piano ac
Jump to new posts Re: midi over the internet by chopin_r_us @ Today at 02:21 PM

I know some years ago they did a concert played from Arcadia Uni heard in U of Toronto. I found Internet Midi from a surf - only Mac? but I get a 404 page anyway. Years ago I got a program called Midichat to work. Then there was MaxMSP.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Privia PX850 by TX-Bluebonnet @ Today at 01:27 PM

Awesome! Thank you everyone for your comments. What a relief! I was afraid I'd made a mistake, but I'm now convinced I made the right decision to ditch the YPG-235 and buy the PX-850. So now I'll stop worrying about how it feels different and just ge
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Baby Grand - Knabe or J. Strauss & Son? by NYC Producer @ Today at 01:11 PM

I am buying a baby grand to replace my current one (sounds beautiful, wont hold its tuning anymore). I've played a couple dozen contenders and narrowed my choice, in my price range ($7k-$9k) down to either a virtually new Knabe WG-54 Baby Grand (
Pianist Corner
Roland, one thing that I agree with Chang's is that efficient practice methods are NOT intuitive. So it IS worth spending some time on reading theory on this. And, being tiring means probably that something in your brain IS learning. "nothing
Adult Beginners Forum
that's great! you're in good hands.
Jump to new posts Re: ETDs and New Life Forms by tonyster220763 @ Today at 12:32 PM

oh. ok. I stand corrected.
Piano Forum
Fabulous organ!
Jump to new posts Re: Why and why not adding lead weight to key by Olek @ Today at 12:11 PM

I find the precise adjusting of the stack really matters. As the good size for the jack. I will keep original geometry on all older models, more sparkle, faster hammer, it compensates well the old panel, also with light enough hammers) On larger m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SSRS by ShiroKuro @ Today at 11:54 AM

Choshi, I agree, SSRS is difficult to get started with. And because of the way the book is set up, it's kind of hard to use unless you really read and figure out a system. It's not like a lot of method books where you can just open it up to the page
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype Teacher Wanted - Classical by Miguel Rey @ Today at 11:30 AM

I tried external speakers but headphones still the best option for me and there's no need to spend a lot of money, best to use the cheaper lighter weight open air headphones because they allow you to hear yourself on the piano as well as what is comi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you measure progress? by BrianDX @ Today at 11:15 AM

Keystring, Great thoughts!
Jump to new posts Re: How important are the wheels for you? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:12 AM

Speaking as a microKorg XL+ user: . . . I don't use the pitch wheel, but the "mod" wheel is invaluable. For EP's, organs, and other sounds, the amount of modulation is really important. And it's up to the player to figure out what sounds
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: pianoloverus 1. had huge sexual appetites What man hasn't?Originally Posted By: pianoloverus 2. wanted to always be the center of attentionWhat man hasn't?Originally Posted By: pianoloverus 3. were geniuses with tremendous egos
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Swap For Roland ??? by spanishbuddha @ Today at 09:14 AM

I don't know about dedicated music swap sites, but take a look here. Or just list it for sale on PW or Keyboard Corner classifieds.
Adult Beginners Forum
H.Willibrorduschurch - Kloosterburen - The Netherlands Open for visitors 14-17h Wednesday July 16th 2014
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What model is my 45 inch 1961 Kawai upright? by Rickster @ Today at 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Joe GarfieldRickster that piano looks nice! How is the sound? Does it sound like a small piano? I tried a 51 or 53" or something in the store and loved it. I think I tried a new 48" and was happy with it too. I'm not s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Morodiene @ Today at 08:34 AM

Well, I screwed up! I had come home from camping last night and we had to rush to a home salvage store that is only open on Saturdays until 1:00 to see if they had any trim that matched our house - they did and it was a long process to pick that up,
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts A Sunday morning composition by JoelW @ Today at 08:25 AM

I hope this is a relaxing way to start your morning. http://picosong.com/PHpD/
this tuning is may be nicely sounding in the end but not firmly set. After one year the strings should not be out of tune that much. Easier for left handed tuners to tune that way Difficult to install an active pin, as the blocking is "natura
Jump to new posts New to the digital piano world! Can anyone help? by blackwhitekeys @ Today at 06:26 AM

I know i may get notified about the cons of outdated digital pianos but to my ears the kawai ca 1200 sounds really incredible. Was able to find one for 400. I tried a p140 for the same price but it sounded to "electronic". There is a yamaha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An interesting approach on pianists practice by wouter79 @ Today at 06:15 AM

bump, I keep coming back to mabraman 's list
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Fandrich Piano by musicpassion @ Today at 05:05 AM

Several photos of my new (to me) Fandrich vertical.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand vs. upright vs. digital for aspiring student by JohnSprung @ Today at 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonicOriginally Posted By: JohnSprungI have some nerve damage from a neck injury that has resulted in almost no sense of touch at all in R2 and limited sense of touch in R1 and R3. My sense of touch is normal in the rest o
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
122 registered (AndrewAJC, Alux, AmateurBob, ando, 34 invisible), 1482 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75385 Members
42 Forums
155838 Topics
2288361 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saint-saens concerto 2 Schirmer edition question
by JessicaB
57 minutes 25 seconds ago
How far to go?
by ChopinFan66
Today at 05:00 PM
"Canned" Accompanyments like Music Minus One?
by Kojak
Today at 04:16 PM
grand care
by johnfin
Today at 03:18 PM
Yamaha U5 or Charles Walter 1520 console
by Kai C
Today at 02:55 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission