Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
142 registered (agraffe, ajames, ando, 36251, Almaviva, 30 invisible), 2339 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing advice? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

Figure out why it's going wrong, get it right slowly, then get it right 10 more times. 20 more times if you have a performance soon and you need to cure the feeling of being scared of that passage. Once you've done that, if you can bear to look at i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway D 92'`hammers by Bob @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

I put NY hammers on our 1992 D five years ago. I ended up removing felt and wood and installing WNG capstans due to heavy touch. The hammers arrived non lacquered, and dead sounding. They work well today, but on this D with a string plane 3/8 &quo
Piano Teachers Forum
yay sounds promising!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Riding by Yotam Ishay, finally finished after 8 years ! by Joty128 @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Hi Guys Your'e warmly invited to listen to my piece. I started writing it back in 2009, and just finished it last summer. Enjoy!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Riding by Yotam Ishay, finally finished after 8 years ! by Joty128 @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Hi Guys Your'e warmly invited to listen to my piece. I started writing it back in 2009, and just finished it last summer. Enjoy!
Jump to new posts Re: Vertical letoff question by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTI made a simple jig that uses a long bit sideways. It leaves a nice curve where the cut ends. That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard by EssBrace @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By Dave Ferris Happy Birthday Steve ! Shoot my your address and I'll have a Hamburg Steinway B dropped off at your place as a birthday present. How kind! Throw in a couple of free tunings and I'll consider it Dave. Thanks f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Antonín Petrof by johnstaf @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalFunny, I thought a new premium line from Petrof would stir up more discussion! Me too. I find this very exciting.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where can I find a playable piano in Rio de Janeiro? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Do an internet search 'house rental Rio de Janeiro with piano' https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/136297 https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/310804 https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...de_Janeiro.html
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof in the US 2017 by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:What is going on with Petrof in the US right now? Sorry Rich, must have misread this... Norbert Easy mistake to make. These brands and their distribution (or lack thereof) have been discussed jointly/similarly in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano For Someone by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

I tend to agree with the folks who say "don't surprise" someone with a piano. An old friend and colleague of mine decided to get his girlfriend a banjo for her birthday, because she had mentioned in passing that she'd like one. He was ple
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By tend to rushOriginally Posted By AZ_AstroOriginally Posted By tend to rushOriginally Posted By RetsacnalIs there a piano genre? What are the best titles? I'm always looking for something to read! See this thread. See also:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cross Country Moving by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

I hate to give answers based on theory, rather than personal experience, but since no one's answering... From what I've read, regular movers are less likely to have problems with an upright than a grand, since the upright need not be tipped. But an u
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student has another teacher?? by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

But Tim is also right about the problems of so many months off. However, that was true many decades ago, so it is no answer as to why today's kids know less. And they do, the ones I teach who go to public schools.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you, dogperson! I wrote him and he replied today. :-) So far the scores are not published but this will change soon. Yeah!
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed in this topic. I have now ordered the Roland HP-504 Perhaps as soon as next thursday I will already have it in my home... Can't wait for it!
Piano Forum
Quote:When talking about Steinway's biggest competitor, discussing all their competitors is not relevant. Which may help explain a little better why you bought yourself a Mason Hamlin.... Norbert
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Jimmy Webb & Jeffrey Biegel 2/25/17 NY by Piano World @ Yesterday at 04:31 PM

Jimmy Webb, Singer, Songwriter and composer Jeffrey Biegel, piano soloist (forums member and friend) Scott Jackson Wiley, Conductor and Music Director Jimmy Webb Piano Concerto No.1 – Jeffrey Biegel, piano soloist Jimmy Webb plays his hits with th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bargaining tools when buying a new piano by tend to rush @ Yesterday at 04:24 PM

Those in the biz, please correct me if I'm wrong, but an earlier serial number than others on the floor from the same manufacturer may be something the dealer would like to get out of there. Is this right?
Jump to new posts Re: Short sustained sound of Boston GP 193 by TheTuner @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Thanks very much, Peter. I already thought about removing these felts again, but the ringing is so strong, that it is better with than without them. I heard about these couplers a year ago and I couldn't remember where to find them. Thanks very much
Jump to new posts Re: Best value actions by Vid @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By hag01Now I've ordered a Kawai VPC1 blindly(suppose to arrive in two months) because I want an accurate simulation of an accoustic piano, not just an expressive action. I did the same shortly after its release. I have no regret
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a spiral binder to music books by squidbot @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

I prefer comb binding to spiral binding. I find on spirals the pages can get stuck on the ends. I'm not sure if there is any difference for your concern about margins, but you only need about 1/4" or so.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Duane Shinn's "Naked Music" Course?
by newbert
32 minutes 26 seconds ago
Kawai GL50 versus Yamaha C3X
by Classical Pianist
Today at 12:43 PM
Chicago piano treasures
by Duke of Dunning
Today at 12:38 PM
Baldwin hitch pins
by P3T3R
Today at 12:19 PM
Collecting learned pieces in one book/folder
by RVDowning
Today at 10:54 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,764 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,647 Topics
2,600,802 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission