Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
76 registered (AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, Bachus, ahoffmann, 17 invisible), 935 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" Bluthner is ready for collection! by twocats @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

It's a very lyrical piano, and so is your playing-- just lovely! The notes sound like bells to me. I hope your carpal tunnel is getting better... it's tough, but resting is the best way to heal these things.
FAQ - Piano Forum
This would be better posted in the piano forum, but it sounds to me like that piano requires more work. If you post it on the piano forum, and tell us what work was done to the piano regarding the reconditioning, and perhaps if you want to share, w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etude op.10 no.2 discussion by debussychopin @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By ahoffmannI'm going to have to get past this etude sooner or later so this discussion is also very relevant to me. Currently I'm trying to develop strategies for dealing with it. At this point I'm fairly sure that the key is not t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Exalted Wombat @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Which edition of Beethoven op 28 are you using?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 01:08 PM

I was a little bit older than you, Jim. Maybe a junior in HS when I saw West Side Story in the threater. I too loved the music, and I had the soundtrack too. I wonder what my mom did with all my old records??? I will have to put that book (The Be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to choose Kawai K3 and Kawai K15-E by acetonitrile @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

Saw your detail information about K15 in another poster. Thanks. Since you are in NY too, could I ask you more about the piano market here? Do you feel it is a good deal for this four year old K-3 under $4600? Can I bargain more?
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Quest to Complete Chopin Etudes Op 10 No 10 by ahoffmann @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: approach to relearning "old" repertoire? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Pretending it's the first time you've learned it -- both for the reasons folks have said above, and also because you are different now from when you first learned it, familiar with more music, having experienced more of life, and probably apt to noti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 11:44 AM

Just...wow. What a beautiful instrument. Can't want to hear some recordings of it once it is voiced and tuned.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai uprights? (or others??) by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

Thanks for the replies! I'll recommend that they consider both the K-2 and the Yamaha P-22, if the prices are agreeable. I see that the Yamaha is available also in wood-colors as well as black (looks like the Kawai uprights aren't), and that might b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What exactly is unique about an Acrosonic? by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

length and width but not by very much. That piano has moved several states away so I can't measure but after I got my 48" upright, I remember going to her house and thinking, "These keys are smaller than mine." Kurt
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones Advice by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By ArabesqueWhatever the quality of headphones they are never as good as studio monitors. I feel the sound is enclosed in my head and this fails to recreate a natural performance. For that reason I use open back designs with wide s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Selling price for a Schafer & Sons SG-51? by Tweedpipe @ Yesterday at 08:57 AM

As already indicated, it depends, on a number of factors:- - On age. - On condition (Most importantly!) - If it has been refurbished, and/or recently regulated. - When it was last tuned, and especially if it holds good tune. - And to some extent in
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Best angle for filming piano at home? by Farmerjones @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

Welcome Vlasta, I started recording down the treble side at about shoulder height, to see my hands. Then I thought, the world is full of "how to" piano videos. So I found MS Moviemaker. I can take a folder of beautiful still shots, and drag
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Iori Fujita @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

Wow! Wow! Wow! More than 10,000 accesses I got. Thank you all for viewing this message. And thank you, TheHappyPianoMuse. http://www.geocities.jp/imyfujita/italianconcerto2/index.html If you give me a comment, I will appreciate it. Iori Fujita
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Piano by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:01 AM

I'll weigh in here. For a smaller budget, the Kawai CN35. For a slightly larger budget, the Kawai CA97. Best of luck in your search.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS10 vs. K-200/K-300 - What to buy? by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 05:36 AM

I wouldn't spend that much on a digital - generally a digital is a stepping stone to an acoustic (most people I've known who had them increasingly grew to want an acoustic). My experience is that they don't hold their values very well, either - part
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By patHJust noticed. I always look tense when playing the piano. 😃 Maybe that's due to the nature of the music you were playing? Your pieces ...at least the ones I have heard you play, seem to be almost always very intense and
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland AirPerformer app problems
by lunobili
07/29/15 01:22 AM
Waterproof piano update
by Chuck Behm
07/29/15 01:08 AM
Kawai Digital CA51 - servicing
by FuzzyWuzzy
07/29/15 12:12 AM
original composition, opinion?
by pianistforever238
07/29/15 12:00 AM
Progressive Beat Speeds Tuned Aurally in One Pass!
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
07/28/15 10:07 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,175 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,816 Topics
2,430,752 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission