Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
144 registered (36251, AdrianR, 17curleyj, accordeur, 33 invisible), 2242 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By BDBOriginally Posted By WilliamTruittThe company who shall remain unnamed did a crappy reproduction for me once. Never again. Do you have an alternative? Local machinist, beg for mercy
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM by TobiPiano @ Today at 03:59 AM

Hello All, The GEM RP800 is now playing in excellent condition again. !! The team of General music in Finland could provide me with software and a new main cpu pcb. Many thanks to mr Jukka Kulmala, who supported us well in the process of repairs.
Jump to new posts Re: Relative humidity in the 70s by Miguel Rey @ Today at 12:51 AM

Major piano manufactures like Fazioli, Bechstein, Steinway , Yamaha recommend 45-70%. Yet I always here from techs that the danger zone is 65%- 70% but that contradicts what the manufactures say. Some will recommend damp chaser and others don't and
Pianist Corner
I began to improvise in my teens by playing anything. If certain piano sounds pleased me I remembered them and played them again. I am now almost seventy and have done this for over fifty years. My teacher tried to instruct me in harmony and structur
Piano Teachers Forum
^ yes, that particular riff is so fast that I listened and wrote down the RH myself, rather than having the students work it out by ear. Both students were already reading so it was fine as a reading piece.
Piano Forum
Thanks for the responses! I've never rented before - so I wanted to get a better sense of what to expect. So far I've been pleasantly surprised how inexpensive acoustic piano rentals are; generally monthly is usd$40-100 for uprights and $60-175 for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's most beautiful melody by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By SiFi ...I'll kickstart a possible new thread by proposing that we not seek out the best Bach melody, because that would be futile, but the best -- most expressive, meaningful, powerful -- movement. I would think something from t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best app for learning classical piano peices? by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

Take a look at Flowkey. You can try it out with no obligations. It's heavier on the pop side, but it does include classical pieces.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by dancingfish @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

I have added Fundamental Keys to the books I am using. I started at the beginning of the real repertoire in that book, thinking it would be easy, but have found that it is challenging me in slightly different ways, so I've decided to add them to my
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By Morodiene The kids run the show. Isn't that what today's marketing methods prove? When I determine that the student belongs to the "expensive babysitting" camp, I let them do whatever they
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a spiral binder to music books by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By sara elizabethWas that equipment pricey? Originally Posted By sara elizabethWas that equipment pricey? Amazon does good warehouse deals.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Custom Cabinet by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

It's hard to tell how well it blends in from that picture (and probably the fact that it's black), but man that looks damned good to me. And the VPC1 is one sexy bit of kit by its own right too.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway CEO Michael Sweeney Out by Agent88 @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

Some of the posts suggest Paulson just wrote a cheque for the company and bought it outright. And that they don't have numbers to meet. I believe it was a leveraged buyout with more than half the money loaned by other investors. The terms have ben
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Taking another listen to Yuja Wang by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

Yuja imitating Lang Lang! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQNgCsLiLU
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz versions of classical music by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

Stride version of Rondo a la Turca by Ethan Uslan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igWkHHsNpi8
Jump to new posts Re: Piano sounding terrible by P W Grey @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

Very welcome. Another little tidbit of information is that when wood becomes moist (as in 60% RH and up) it also becomes physically weaker. Therefore structural integrity MAY have suffered somewhat in the piano's lifetime there on the island. This
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beautiful piece from Taiwanese composer - search for scores
by Cat_W
02/19/17 04:19 PM
Older Cunningham pianos
by mc_2
02/19/17 04:12 PM
Logic, Cubase, Mainstage, Komplete 11 Query
by fatar760
02/19/17 04:02 PM
Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews?
by eveinwonderlands
02/19/17 01:57 PM
Awesome new Jazz tutorial site
by Richrf
02/19/17 01:40 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,723 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,586 Topics
2,599,934 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission