Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (barbaram, AZ_Astro, Ben_NZ, Bellicapelli, 15 invisible), 895 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Original Jarrett inspired (mid-1970'ish) piano/percussion by indigo_dave @ Yesterday at 01:06 PM

I wrote this. It is inspired by Keith Jarrett's 1970's American quartet work. The tunes where he had an extended vamp at the beginning. This is called 6N4 because the vamp is in 6/4 whereas the "melodic" sections are in 4. I recorded it wit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hohner HP-120 1995 by Reve @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

oops sorry for the typo. The owner bought the piano in 2005, so its 9-10 yrs. old. We went to see it today and it look good so I think we will buy it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Somewhat confusing statements in there. Why not try a harmonic overtone reset. A musical Tabula Rasa by vocalized meditation. I've listened from beginning to end many times of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0djHJBAP3U And come back to it regu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Somewhat self taught player with a few questions. by DragonPianoPlayer @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

With limited practice time you are describing, it's hard to progress as much as you'd like. As I think you realize, you need to increase your practice time and work on more pieces at and below your level - keeping at most one piece at a time that i
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Södermalm Fantasy Ballade redux by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Hi Everyone, With many thanks to those here who spurned me on to develop Finale skills, and especially to Nikolas Sideris for his considerable patience, here I present the previously discussed Södermalm Fantasy Ballade engraved. I am looking forwa
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

To be fair I don't think his remark was negative. I welcome all constructive criticism.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Lewes Images by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

Lewes Avatars
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: James Booker Transcription Project by cclofton @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

id like to get on that list for stormy monday!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What can I do to eliminate "Pupil/Master" fear? by jotur @ Yesterday at 12:07 PM

Yes to Sand Tiger and SwissMS. I spent a year or so figuring out some of the things that would help with "performing" - as many have said, with a teacher it's not a "performance" - it's going for coaching. That being said, we'd st
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Ragdoll @ Yesterday at 11:40 AM

Quote:I am also making some very pleasing progress on the 3rd movement of Clementi, specifically with some very nice details in the dynamics. I am still working on the first 2 movements and have got the speed up on both, and have been becoming more p
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Steinway Upright regulation problem. by Steve Senseney @ Yesterday at 11:26 AM

Time for an update. And a thank you for the advice which was given. The multiple issues I was having were corrected by better regulation. To explain in better detail-- I was noting that the action was heavy, the upper range of notes did not seem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving a digital grand across country by guyl @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

It only needs the precautions that you would need to take with any other electronic device such as a TV, etc. Mainly, avoid it getting wet in any way or in situations where condensation my harm the electronics. Other than that, pack it to avoid scrat
Jump to new posts Re: USB Audio interface for digital piano recording by WeeFeeri @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

okay, thanks for the advices and replies.
Pianist Corner
Pianoman9, it's great that you're discovering all these fine performances and I appreciate your enthusiasm but this is now beginning to border on spamming.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Very basic question regarding Vogels als Prophet by jeffreyjones @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

As I recall, both Casadesus and Richter played the figure as if it was a triplet.
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway hammer rest cushions by Chris Warren @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Hi Ed, The shanks are the usual 5mm or so above the felts, but when you release the keys, the hammers bounce on the felts. My technician commented that he thought they were harder than usually found on an original Steinway, so hence my question...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Warning: Explicit Image by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By krikorikIt can happen to anyone http://www.company7.com/bosendorfer/april2007_275drop.html yes I remember that day without even clicking on the link. That was a hot topic here for a while, of course. As I recall, Bosendorfer
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By SwissMSOk, I found one more videos to show you. With Einaudi as a soundtrack, the first one has to be good. It shows the room that we will be playing piano in! perfect choice; beautiful images.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Diversions" by Larry G. Alexander @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

This is my "Diversions" for solo piano with orchestra. http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Diversions.mp3 Regards, Larry
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: . by DanS @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By maitaiThis is my first post although I've been reading posts in this forum for some time. My wife has decided that our child needs a grand piano. It took some time and effort but we now agree that an upright will do for the next
Jump to new posts Re: SampleTank for iPad Question by newbert @ Yesterday at 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By MaxpianoNot sure I understand, but the easy way to do it is to create your Sampletank programs, setting in each the instrument and the volume you want, then save it a as Sampletank preset (that you can recall manualky or via MIDI
Jump to new posts Re: repetition spring center pins.... by kennyz @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

Yep...I managed to get one out without totally killing it. It's red w/ the white thread mics out abot .033, and like I said no pin at all. I've gotta run ( Have to help cousin move today) I'll post some pics later. Ken
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by Francisco Scalco @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Nelson Freire blew my mind playing the concertos with Chailly.
Pianist Corner
This is really impressive. I've been a Nosferatu fan for a good many years, so I know the film quite well. I've even tried improvising along with parts of the film, but could have never equaled Ms. Montero's rendition.
Piano Teachers Forum
Seems like an interesting site. I think it would be great for adults with some prior training. I will definitely check it out. I really like the idea of having a personal teachers though. For many reasons. I have so many great memories of my teachers
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Let's talk about dynamic range
by CyberGene
Today at 02:09 AM
Anyone worked on yamaha hybrid pianos? N1, N2, N3, NU1
by Saskatuner
Today at 01:27 AM
Burn out and joy
by Sand Tiger
Today at 12:00 AM
Steinway Direction
by Retsacnal
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
ES8 Wishlist over my ES7
by jim tulloch
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Forum Stats
78,337 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,941 Topics
2,378,113 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission