Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (Anne'sson, BB Player, AZ_Astro, Bassano, Anita Potter, 37 invisible), 1534 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
When our C2X arrived almost a year ago we had the lid fully open in the "classical" position. However, after a week we noticed two things: Man this thing is loud and... our two cats were getting too curious about "what's inside".
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Interesting Students this Week..... by TimR @ Today at 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By pianoman9Student #1 (6 years old): He would actually nudge me with his arm when I was trying to show him how to play something, so great was his desire to play instead of just watch and listen. Funny! Kudos to you! You're
Piano Forum
Thank you! I will let someone go and perhaps try the piano. I think it´s a fairly good price for a beautiful Grand Piano. I also can't stop thinking of it as a fascinating slice of history.
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: DKV Pedal problem when recording thru Midi by carlspost @ Today at 07:36 AM

Hi Mark and thanks for your input. I have had as close a look as possible and there doesn't appear to be anything interfering with the mechanism of the damper or the note in question. It is not a problem when I record onto the DSR1 and play it back o
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 585 Review by pv88 @ Today at 07:15 AM

@Mac, The way it has worked is that I only continue to trade off one piano at a time (with same size upright cabinet model) and keep the remaining older ones. As of now I am only trading one Clavinova for another, i.e., CLP-480 for the CLP-585. I m
Adult Beginners Forum
Hey guys. I originally posted this in the Pianist's Corner, but I figured I might get some more answers from here as well since many of you might have had this opportunity. Anyway, I'll just copy-paste the post from there, and thank you for all the a
Pianist Corner
Pianamateur, that looks like a really interesting course. I only wish these would be slightly cheaper, but perhaps I'm just expecting too much as this seems to be the going price for these courses. I'll definitely get back to you once I find some mor
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Love me-piano-Yiruma by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 05:38 AM

Welcome to PianoWorld ... I am intrigued by your YouTube performance ... you are a superb pianist with a beautiful control of legato and completely relaxed hands. I admit to being sidetracked by the unusual visual angle of hands on keys
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flea market serendipty - back to piano! by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By Zerlina And you're right about my memory of playing piano coming back in snippets. I'm surprised at how much I DO remember. Thanks so much for your input and support. Your students are lucky to have a teacher who can bring othe
Adult Beginners Forum
Hello, peterws Recitals and piano bar sounds good. I'll have to find that place.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by Brian Lucas @ Today at 04:53 AM

I'd compare it to learning a speech. Playing by ear would be like learning a speech from a recording, instead of having the words written out in front of you. Regardless of your experience level, I'd say learning by ear is playing something just by h
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Love me-piano-Yiruma by Hoangtran @ Today at 03:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISpFl4NzPQ feel-like-give me comments .thank for all
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method book contains... by Arghhh @ Today at 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoAbout pacing, that book is just too long. It takes forever to plow through the first primer book. Also, as you may know, the ordering of the pieces is "cyclic" on purpose. I'm not sure I agree with that princ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Norbert @ Today at 02:50 AM

This is really an incredible story. Showing why details like that are so telling who the people actually are making and selling their pianos. To me this is as important - if not even more so - than the instrument itself. For many, the connection f
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rug under piano on new hardwood flooring? by wouter79 @ Today at 01:45 AM

Yes of course the piano has to be regulated. But it does not solve bad room acoustics. Both have to be regulated
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Today at 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By CassiaThere's a Bluthner II at Michelle's right now. Perhaps give that a try, and if you like it, it may be worthwhile to check out the model 6. Heck, I might check out the model II myself after Chewbacca's assessment. Hmmm, I d
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Stretch in Verituner by Gadzar @ Today at 12:31 AM

Yes! you can even mix several kinds of intervals in one stretch point. for example 4:1 3:1 and 4:2 so you keep an eye on the three intervals:octave, octave + fifth and double octave.
Jump to new posts Re: [HD Video] Weird tonal characteristic on double string C3 by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:25 AM

The value of string couplers not withstanding, in this case, I think I will have to concede to replacement of both strings as being the best alternative after thinking this over. If the technician has limited experience, neither alternative will be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning piano - where to start??? by outo @ Today at 12:16 AM

If you feel you need structure I think exercises are fine. I'm completely the opposite, routines are not for me. I do (and invent) exercises sometimes when I feel the are needed, but mostly just study music. And while my technique is still far from e
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by gdguarino @ Today at 12:06 AM

[Note: This post depends heavily on the use of a word that will not pass muster on Piano World. I will substitute a similar sounding word. ] I went to my wife's cast party last night. Most of the regulars know me to one degree or another, but some a
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/KkrumLb1tVA
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 Tonewheel settings - some ideas may be of interest by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Thank you for sharing your suggestions OneWatt. I will try to give your SETUP a try later, but any recordings you're willing to share would be appreciated! Cheers, James x
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bosendorfer Imperial concert grand -- 9 extra keys question
by pv88
04/21/15 10:20 PM
Fundamental Keys Group
by soundsquire
04/21/15 10:01 PM
New Clavinova CLP-585 & recordings
by pv88
04/21/15 09:55 PM
Advice on entering a concerto competition?
by johnnyl
04/21/15 09:05 PM
Ardour 4, now built for OSX and Windows
by ElmerJFudd
04/21/15 08:23 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,977 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,425 Topics
2,398,385 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission