Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (AndyJoe, bennevis, barbaram, Artur Gajewski, Beemer, 19 invisible), 1154 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: advice about the right choice by Achilleas @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

Thanks a lot James !!! Now I have to decide. I think I will make the right choice for my daughter.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by sopranojam85 @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I studied the keyframe a bit more closely, and the spring definitely comes in contact at the corner, and not before the corner. It's also worn a nice groove in that corner. The photo w/ red arrows shows the points
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing at Senior Centers by PianoPraise @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: OongawaI can play well enough to do this, but I have no memorized music, I can ONLY play from sheet music, and I cannot improvise. Do you all take music with you or do you have your pieces memorized? I play in different seni
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Una Cora problems contd. by sopranojam85 @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Trying this again... Picture w/ arrows shows Hardman-Peck keyframe points of contact w/ una corda spring. Other photo shows a junk 1971 Baldwin keyframe which has made contact with its una corda spring much further away from the corners.
Piano Forum
I liked him when he said "get the heck off the beach" but now I think he's just making a blanket law involving all ivory and doesn't want to be involved with specifics(old piano keys) so a "get the heck off the beach" approach her
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Una Cora woes by sopranojam85 @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Adding more photos. First one (with arrows) shows the left hand side of the Hardman-Peck keyframe. Red arrows point to the points of contact with the spring. Second photo shows a junk 1972 Baldwin grand keyframe that I have, which clearly made con
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 - Midi - Play From Usb Stick by SP6NIN @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

Jon asked: Can, I create a Midi File on a Usb Stick and load/play that on my CA95? Marek says: Play: Yes, you can play the midi files created by CA-95 and created by other instruments. Load: No, you cannot load midi files into CA-95 even if the file
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stumbled across this today - Hiromi by rintincop @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

A new one:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ohlsson at Wigmore by Midlife_Piano @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

Personally I enjoyed Saturday's performance the best. The article was based on Thursday's performance. By Saturday the conductor, the pianist, and choral members were much more relaxed and less worried about the result. To me the overall performanc
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does a dealer have to reveal? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

I disclose details of the past I know and details of work I performed on any piano I am selling. Asking a prospective seller what they know about a pianos history is always a good idea. If they seem evasive that tells you something about either them
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: leelYou bet it's never too late--I started at 79, never having had any music instruction EVER. This is a fantastic point of view for me. I started at age 58 thinking I had blown any chance of really perfecting my skills over a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suites recital -addendum by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Thanks verqueue for the comments! I guess it then all boils down to the early recording of Mozart where I was still working on the piece. This Handel piece was recorded 6 months before the Mozart.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help needed--fair price for Kawai cs-9e in 1983 by linghu224 @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

well, I am more confused, so which one is better? more advice please.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trade Regrets - Barry "Bear" Arnaut by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

RIP. He seemed a friendly bear here on the forum.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone got any thoughts on the Yamaha Motif XF8? by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Vijay '82My biggest concern is the weight of the keys. The main thing is, I don't want to spend 3,000+ on a glorified PSR. If I'm not mistaken, the XF6 and XF7 have light plastic keys - like the Casio CTK-601 that I'm using at
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Book about Alice Herz-Sommer, pianist and holocaust survivor by neuralfirings @ Yesterday at 09:20 AM

Just finished an amazing book I'd like to share with this community. Alice's Piano is a story about Holocaust survivor, Alice Herz-Sommer. She was born before World War I in Czechoslovakia, started playing the piano at a young age, and grew up to b
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by scorpio @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesMy recommendation would therefore be to give Kawai America a call. Thanks James, I guess that will be the plan. I will give Kawai America a call.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harmonic Analysis by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: musicpassionOriginally Posted By: AZNpianoFor students on the CM path, they have to learn harmonic analysis all the way up to secondary dominants, Do you find that your students are generally playing secondary dominants long be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $3,400,000 PIANO by Rank Piano Amateur @ Yesterday at 07:07 AM

Lots of things sell for amounts that have nothing to do with their intrinsic worth, such as stamps, coins, and paintings. . . . In a few years, when no one (alas) sees Casablanca any more, this piano will be worth a whole lot less. But as anyone wh
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 07:03 AM

Wow, I am only just seeing this now. Chasingrainbows, I have no idea what you are doing with this piano at this point, but you should not be in the position you are in right now. Some of the things you've shared simply don't make sense from a qual
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rameau by johan d @ Yesterday at 06:56 AM

The piano will be delivered next weekend and was wondering if i could give it of polish of beeswax as we do with our "oak" stairway? Any idea it will be a good idea? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeswax http://www.localhoney.co.uk/products/
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Just to say "Hello"
by JennyS
37 minutes 23 seconds ago
Dyslexia and reading the rhythm
by Nahum
Today at 04:18 AM
Wanted to give jazz a chance, reverting back to classical
by Artur Gajewski
Today at 03:31 AM
anyone... listening to Greek Radio?
by Nikolas
Today at 12:38 AM
Weber piano sonatas: a "hidden" treasure
by jeffreyjones
Today at 12:32 AM
Forum Stats
77065 Members
42 Forums
159390 Topics
2341372 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission