Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
142 registered (36251, Al LaPorte, accordeur, A Cerulean State, 44 invisible), 1930 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do after high school with the piano? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveThe person you study with is much more important than the school. Find a good teacher. But the OP is not majoring in piano or anything even close to that. He has played for one year and likes piano. He should choose t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by TonyB @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

Recently, I signed up on artistworks.com with Hugh Sung. I am halfway trhough the first tune, Greensleeves. So that is progress. I will be re-retired next week and am looking forward to spending real time with this course and others that I have.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampers on my 100 Year old grand by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

If you are going to replace felt, replace all of the felt. Flat felt and wedge felt are often combined on the same damper. Because the spread of the strings is different front to back, using wedge felt both front and back may not work well, particul
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Busoni Piano Competition by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Maybe I missed it when scanning, but I don't think anyone is playing the Prelude and Fugue in D Major BWV 532? That's my favorite Bach transcription by Busoni.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano by pv88 @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

If anyone has been playing (or, owns) the Physis Piano V100 please do give us your comments: http://www.viscountinstruments.us/physis-piano-v100.html What are the speakers like and how is the action?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Partita #2 Caprice - Quite Difficult! by LaReginadellaNotte @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

The Capriccio does have some tricky leaps, but I've always found the fugue to be the most challenging movement (due to all of the awkward runs).
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

My clueless opinion is that your daughter must have a solid foundation now, which sounds good. It was the right time to move on? Maybe.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DIY touch-up tuning by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By TunelessMark may not approve of this, but if I have one string out, I use a guitar pick to find the out of tune string, then adjust until the out of tune string sounds the same as the others when they are strummed sequentially.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by JimF @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

My primary reason for being part of this thread is to continue the "throwaway" program I've done for years with my teacher. So, in addition to the two to four pieces that I am usually working on, I pick one piece a week that I will work on
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by pv88 @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By RohanRNote: The CLP 585 PE had the best sound and the touch was just amazing. I bought this based on the reviews that I read here on this forum. I understand that this is the top of the CLP range. I'm very happy with my decision
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by David Izquierdo @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By Peter NelsonNice videos David. Do you still use Pianoteq with the piano or does the built-in engine provide a similar feeling? I'm torn between ordering a CA67 or a CA97. Apart from the soundboard it seems the CA67 has a better
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: River Flows in You - Piano cover by Phil-60 @ Yesterday at 04:49 PM

Your phrasing and sensitivity to the music is awesome! Did you means you have taken six months to learn this piece, or you have been playing for just six months? I was very moved by your wonderful playing -
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music Composition Help by Phil-60 @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

The Schoenberg book on music composition is a good place to start -I don't know a great deal about orchestration -and I am not sure if there any useful youtube tutorials on the subject - Rimsky Korsakov penned a book on the subject -get this -Prin
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: original composition, opinion? by Phil-60 @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

I liked this very much. The chord progressions and tempo worked -I think that is all that matters. It is a shame the piano was out of turn -cos the theme is quite memorable and it has stayed in my head -out of tune -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: dynamics and reprise question by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

For Baroque pieces like Anh. 114 you can vary the articulation and add different ornaments as well. In fact, you should make the second repeat different somehow. For the Für Elise example, you just skip the bar marked 1 and continue. The 2 section
I'm looking for a digital piano for quiet practising. One thing I immediately noticed while trying out some Kawai DPs was the unnaturally short decay time of the notes. (This is a problem for me e.g. when playing the 1st movement of the Moonlight son
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Selling my 2007 Shigeru Kawai SK7
by RussjayB
09/03/15 03:31 PM
Fascinating Discussion of the History of ET.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
09/03/15 11:42 AM
Fascinating review of the history of Equal Temperament
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
09/03/15 11:20 AM
Bad to visually memorize chords?
by Fatih
09/03/15 06:58 AM
Showing signs of...
by johan d
09/03/15 06:35 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,611 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,649 Topics
2,441,676 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission