Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (Albunea, 36251, 3times2, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1708 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GX 2 by pianofan1017 @ Today at 12:44 AM

Thanks everyone.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Are today's concert ppianists boring? by preludetr @ Today at 12:07 AM

I have always been the most intrigued by older pianists like Cortot, Hoffman and Yudina. I also don't care too much about technical accuracy, which seems to be a big priority for most of today's pianists. People who can play technically accurate are
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD - 800 MIDI Control by siros @ Today at 12:00 AM

Volume is MIDI CC #7 iGrand allows you to assign any MIDI CC to any of its parameters. I think RD-800 only sends MIDI CC #7 from the sliders, but you can program iGrand or other sound modules to respond differently on CC #7. That's the feature on th
Jump to new posts Re: Bencch for the Yamaha CLP585 by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

In the US the Clavinovas have always included a bench. But not one as good as what you're looking at on Amazon.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By ScoutAs an until-yesterday thrilled Baldwin L owner/lover, I have belonged to Piano World one day too long. Demoralized would not be a strong enough word. Maybe it's time to take up white-water rafting on a cold and windy day. I
Jump to new posts Re: NI komplete kontroll S88 by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Looks pretty schmick!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prokofiev Piano Sonata No. 7, 3rd movement: Precipitato by ABC Vermonter @ Yesterday at 09:54 PM

Hi SiFi, Thanks a lot.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 200 by BDB @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

The serial number looks like 232xx, which would make it about 92 years old. One can expect changes in that time. It looks rebuilt, and the value will depend on the quality of the rebuild.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach violin partita nr.2 in d minor, the one, yes. by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By dolce sfogatoI think that no serious effort ever has been made to 'complete' the Busoni-challenge, so, may be I'll have a busy Christmas-holiday... I was going to suggest that to you, but I see you're already on top of it.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone provide some information on this free Eterna? by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Forget about Steinway. You don't need it. Best musicians don't make enough income to buy it. The rich who can afford it, can't extract the best out of it. [/quote] Interesting. I never knew that.
Jump to new posts Re: Weighted keys - Clavinova question by Hi there @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Hi James, I certainly will. Thank you
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spotlight on a pianist by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Another reason to minimize looking at the keys....
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play Chords with no theory by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:23 PM

This topic may be more appropriate for the non-classical pianists corner. Likely more informed responses would be found there.
Adult Beginners Forum
This is the link for the music appreciation course I went to as a kid. They basically teach you to read notes, starting with only one hand, sing and clap to the beats, fingering etc. http://sg.yamaha.com/en/music_education/junior_courses/yamaha_jun
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin info by Mark... @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By Mark...What is considered the sweet era of Baldwin? As is changes in ownership and quality. Where they still sweet in the early 2000s? Seems the 70-80s are the most revered. It was in the mid-19
Pianist Corner
We are very happy with the generous donations that our crowdfunding campaign has received so far! By now, we have already developed certain collaborative partnerships that will help us in keeping the costs down for the recital series. Stay tuned for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway K52 by Erchoukyrie @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

I would not be overly concerned about the grey market talk. Japanese domestic market U3s are very good pianos. However, for someone coming from a Schimmel, I am not sure you would satisfied with moving on to a U3. The action is good but not great
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Way Over The Top by cphollis @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By Just StevenOriginally Posted By cphollisWe've bought some small spotlights to mount inside the piano and emphasize the Klimt artwork -- but we need to find a tech who can run cables, etc. Will that cook up the piano? Low v
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Companion Apps by Thomas B @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Sessionband is nice when you're getting tired of iRealPro's pling plong sound :-)
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sweetwater, Wow!
by Savante
10/13/15 04:56 PM
CN25 CA65 key noise
by coolgene
10/13/15 04:31 PM
Cognitive skill?
by ericasheesa
10/13/15 04:19 PM
inherited a 1931 Starr baby grand - worth it to restore?
by Lortam
10/13/15 04:15 PM
Release velocity
by Bachus
10/13/15 02:58 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,028 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,508 Topics
2,454,956 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission