Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
64 registered (beeboss, Albunea, AndyP, Amosdoll, AndrewJCW, 12 invisible), 875 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What adult beginners should be learning by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

Before we Internet and GPS, if we had to travel to an unfamiliar place, we used a map. Look at printed music as if it were a map and the keys on the piano as if it were the road you have to travel. You know that if it were really a map and you didn't
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By gracegrenIt has been my experience that nothing gets one in the woodshed to practice better than an upcoming gig or even the prospect of a jam session where I need to prepare a few tunes. I am asking myself the same question abo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in majors and minors (Impromptu 2) by Skinkken @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

I have to bump thread because I can't edit posts: Pianosociety links are dead. New links here: Sheet music: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J4hi2EEiX9MXRSc1BHbW1yeWs MP3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J4hi2EEiX9RGZQaTdXNUt6MG8 Same on yout
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts imaginary score sheet by Hakki @ Yesterday at 10:28 AM

score sheet
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts The Lonely Pianist by Simon Hester @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

The Lonely Pianist on YouTube]The Lonely Pianist Dear Friends-Here is my new YouTube channel, exploring my love of Piano Improvising. Please do take a look at my first few videos and feel free to subscribe or comment. Thank you All good wishes Sim
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in E minor - My first composition by Skinkken @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

I have to bump thread because I can't edit posts: Pianosociety links are dead. New links here: Sheet music: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J4hi2EEiX9V0RNYzdHTzdlUlk MP3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J4hi2EEiX9aHl5b0xZRHpfTUk With video:
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in d minor by Skinkken @ Yesterday at 09:34 AM

I have to bump thread because I can't edit posts: Pianosociety links are dead. New links here: Sheet music: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J4hi2EEiX9c0k3Z3VWYVVIN2c MP3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J4hi2EEiX9TnFUdTVsZzVZQUk Same here:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question About Fingering/Technique by newbert @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By newbertOriginally Posted By Isabelle1949Newbert, is that chord held for the e and d? Yes, the chord of F-A-B is held for the e and d. Thanks to all for your responses so far. Without seeing y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem reading one area in bass clef by samasap @ Yesterday at 07:34 AM

Hi Why don't you write the letters down just for one short passage where the notes are played and then visualise where the are positioned on the piano and do these sections by memory. Once you have memorised it when you then look at the music it wi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is right hand D7 supposed to be this hard? by samasap @ Yesterday at 07:26 AM

How about inverting it for now until you get more confident with the positions try 1 2 3 5 C D F# A
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New acoustic grand in the Nord Piano Library by voodooblues @ Yesterday at 07:14 AM

A bit like the Bright Grand, but after short tryout I feel like it works better together with the NP1 action. I like it, sounds jazzy to me Also if you missed it, there are 2 new DX7 samples availble.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are there terms for this playstyle of the piano? by samasap @ Yesterday at 06:55 AM

Hi Yes there is a difference. All pieces of music can be arranged as a melody but you can also play the chords and accompany yourself. It's great to learn songs both ways as it gives you a better understanding of how the music system works. If you
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Nahum[quote=the nosy ape] Apparently he used a single word which would fit the quote quite well. Unconstrained?
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yHHAz5v9FI
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Sorry, I missed your post where you recommended Casio XW. When I've read OP post, the first thing that came to my mind was PX5-S. It perfectly fits his needs. I hate "spend more money" advices, but in this case it's really worth doing.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Vision is getting to be a problem
by Isabelle1949
07/03/15 01:10 AM
Umi Garrett
by Isabelle1949
07/02/15 11:27 PM
What are great ways of finding new students?
by albumblatter
07/02/15 11:22 PM
Hello. Any adult beginner in Singapore?
by iluvansel
07/02/15 10:42 PM
Musicians Friend and 4th of July Sale
by FrankDaddy
07/02/15 09:44 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,863 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,262 Topics
2,423,515 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission