Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
72 registered (AZNpiano, agraffe, 821, 18 invisible), 1083 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Last few weeks after my first tuning with the Reyburn Grand CyberHammer, I found that two trichord keys showed one string that was unstable and out of tune after a few days. I didn't understand it because the rest of the keys were very stable after t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone a self-taught pianist? by TonyB @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Today, I received the Taubman 10 DVD set. The site gives a good overview of what these are, and also a full description of the contents of the DVDs. There is a LOT of material here, so it will take me quite some time to go through it. also, since
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhythm by Farmerjones @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Another trick from another Mentor: Start playing with the nome, then walk out of the room then back in, while still playing. Are you still in time? I know you can't drag a piano out of the room, stroll around then return. But one could easily make
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for Well Tempered Klavier? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By cathryn999Thanks all for your suggestions. I'll definitely do the Prelude I in C major, I just gave it a run through and it seems pretty easy so as J Soo says, lots of scope for interpretation. Morodiene the Eb minor is so beau
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: juggling improves sight reading? by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 12:00 PM

It just seemed to improve the skill. Juggling, and then trying to sight read right after seemed to increase my ability to focus more on the score and less on my hands. It wasn't the only thing I did at the time. I was working with a friend, and we
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What does Pianoworld think about Glass's Etudes? by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By PeteDako I could have used some advice about certain things, from people who are legitimately familiar with his works and can fully understand the aesthetic and how to play the music with the respect it deserves. Oh well.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I don't know what to play?!?!?! by supersport @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Thank you.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old Heintzman Upright or new Kawai K-800 by Robert 45 @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

Congratulations and enjoy your new Kawai K-800! Kind regards, Robert.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin Valse Op. 38 by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

Hi, babama! My great thanks -- I'd never heard of the Scriabin Valse at all, but it is certainly a vintage example of what I call his "middle period" -- beyond his "Chopin wannabe" phase (and I don't mean that disparagingly; he
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Mental NomadYou're talking about an elastic collision. Oops, you're right. Quote: Your physics is off - the elastic collision has nothing to do with acceleration. MV = MV. So if the mass on one side is 5 and the velocity is 2, t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping time while learning to improvise by jjo @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

Justin B: While I work in the jazz idiom, I know what you are talking about. In my early years, I would frequently loose track of where I was in a measure. I would think I've played four beats when I'd only played for three. All I can say is that
Jump to new posts Re: I did it! Bought a Yamaha N2 and LOVE it! by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Tom, Congratulations on your purchase! It's great that we have so many choices so that we can all better find a piano that speaks to our needs. I'm glad that you found one that speaks to yours. I hope that it brings you many years of enjoyment.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Oorabeek-Worldcat Entry by Seeker @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

Oorabeek-Worldcat Entry
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I acquired a Steinway A in an estate sale by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:39 AM

The "Golden Era" piano sound is almost totally due to the lighter, softer hammers they used and the fact that they are broken in now, (most of these pianos hammers are worn out by now so I am referring to the few well-preserved, low-playing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction! Hello! by Jen Weir @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Will do, Barbara. Thanks!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Voice of the Piano Website by Seeker @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Voice of the Piano Website
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ledger Lines by missbelle @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

I have explained it a couple of times, that like people, you are seen in different directions, but YOU are the same person. You are a child, a grandchild, a sibling, a student, a friend, etc... but you are the same person. An older person looks down
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 Auto Power Off by darrix @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Thanks, James, it worked!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a Piano less Loud? by Ruslan81 @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By Moose776Hi everyone so I got my first piano this past December, a 1960 Wurlirzer Spinet. It was also tuned a couple weeks ago. Well my problem is that the piano sounds extremely loud to me. To the point where it makes my ears al
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11" by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

I really like the new Baldwins I've played. They aren't up to the level of the top tiers anymore, but the ones I've played have been quite nice and represent a real value. I'm excited to see them come out with a bigger model, and look forward to pla
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Yamaha AvantGrand x Kawai ATX2-f (AnyTimeX2) by Avantkey @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By Hendrik42 The N2 is almost twice the price of an K200-ATX2-f. For the almost 5000 EUR more you get a grand piano action and a sound engine from 2009. I don't think that the year of development is an adequate assessment criterio
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by jokke @ Yesterday at 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenOriginally Posted By jokke . . . So in short, there should be no advantage of connecting the DP to sound card instead of computer. From computer software (such as Pianoteq) viewpoint, both ways will look identical.
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Kawai VPC1, RM3 II and Grand Feel action by propianist @ Yesterday at 06:19 AM

Euphoria - If you actually read what I wrote, I wasn't suggesting putting knobs or "DJ stuff" ??? onto a hypothetical new VPC2 model, but rather keeping the same totally clean uncluttered design. Don't know where you get that idea. I perso
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 05:36 AM

What a coincidence - I've been playing All the Things You Are lately, after hearing it for the first time late last year when my piano teacher got me to learn it. He's a jazz freak but I can't stand jazz, so to help become familiar with the song, I w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai US7X or Yamaha U3A and anyway to clean Ivorite? by pianobroker @ Yesterday at 05:08 AM

I am very familiar with both pianos of consideration. First of all you should search out in the piano forum archives on both models. If I remember correctly I wrote a ton of critique on both models both their pros and cons over the years. Both models
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Weird Pianoworld Internet Problem Solved
by JohnSprung
31 minutes 43 seconds ago
ABC of Piano Playing (Berlin) to Celebration Series
by suu
Today at 12:25 AM
Please help evaluate pin block & bridges
by Bez
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
New Steinway Tokyo showroom with unusual design
by pianoloverus
Yesterday at 08:37 PM
What to do with older pianodisc system?
by mosspianotuning
Yesterday at 08:02 PM
Forum Stats
82,572 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,459 Topics
2,494,866 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission