Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (AndrewJCW, AndyP, anamnesis, 4Fingers, APiano, 32 invisible), 1591 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any opinions on the GSi Gemini by nelsona @ 11 minutes 44 seconds ago

@Everybody: Thank you for your responses. I didn't know that the GSi was mainly an organ-based sound module. Organ's are important to me, but so are standard piano's, so if the GSi isn't geared for grand or upright piano's, then it probably won't w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by piano_primo_1 @ 13 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By musicmadHi, I'm trying to find a chart covering all the 2-5-1 chords in the key of C, not just the first 2-5-1 chords, but all from C to C. I've been to several websites but nothing, could anyone recommend where I could view this
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Somewhat recent experience playing Yamaha's CX series by Davdoc @ 14 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ArghhhOriginally Posted By DavdocLate last year, we bought a new NY Steinway Model A. The process and experience afterwards is another story in itself. At first it did suffer from the well known "soft hammers" (or heavy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone ever had to back up? by Timbo101 @ 17 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By outoIf I wanted to play a piece perfectly every time before moving on, I would probably still be on my first piece ever My cognitive and motoric skills are inconsistent and I had to accept that to get anywhere with the piano. H
Jump to new posts Re: New member..new question :) by Gillette @ 23 minutes 22 seconds ago

Well,I'm sure Yamaha DGX 660 is a very fine peace of gear, no matter if the "key touch" is named like this or like that I founf in Howard's digital piano Bible that GHS stands for 'Graded Hammer Standard'. Thisis Yamaha's basic key mechan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Small Budget by pianoloverus @ 27 minutes 52 seconds ago

Although often mentioned, I think it's a mistake to worry about the fact that digital pianos have frequent upgrades. IMO the only important thing is how much you like a digital piano's sound and touch at the time you're considering purchasing it. If
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by pianoMom2006 @ 31 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By pianoMom2006I would recommend trying to find a dedicated teacher that teaches out of his/her home. My son's first teacher taught at a music store but she moved out of the country. She couldn't recom
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone have the Yamaha P-115 ? Please help me ! by JoeT @ 32 minutes 20 seconds ago

Why does need to this exact? All you need is a fit for the four screw holes at the bottom of the piano. Other than that it just needs to look good with a nice finish.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why is aluminum keybed an innovative idea? by brighamspianos @ 33 minutes 58 seconds ago

It's the opposite-it's actually very ideal for areas with strong temperature changes. I've done some research on this and the keybed never shrinks or expands-it will never warp. It makes for more accurate and better playing over the years.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Single note repetition - technique by bennevis @ 33 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By modernpianoman Presumably, one uses fingering 4-3-2-1 or just 4-3-2 to achieve this, but for the life of me I just cannot do it without the note jumping out over everything else, and even then it is very unclean and erratic. I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: will changing bass strings improve richness of bass sound? by Nathan Monteleone @ 34 minutes 9 seconds ago

Tim, do you notice anything about the design that might cause this? Like bass bridge with a long cantilever or overly short back duplex?
Jump to new posts Re: Filling/Hiding Thin Soundboard Cracks w/o Shimming/Refinish by HelloMrZebra @ 34 minutes 36 seconds ago

Ok I see it's the West 105 Epoxy Resin & 209 Hardener products along with the pumps. So the first procedure is removing the strings entirely or leave the strings attached to either the pin side or hitch side, correct? Then dusting and cleaning th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: finding silent grand by Davdoc @ 37 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By hoola@Davdoc: You are right, my "advice" is based on presumption that there are few changes in piano technologies in general. I just remember about carbon soundboard, or plastic components, very few things about action
Jump to new posts Re: Noisy keyboard? by CalUK @ 39 minutes 38 seconds ago

Hi Charles, I use headphones 95 percent of the time so I'll keep that up. What you say re acoustic pianos being noisy makes sense, I'd never thought of that Thanks for the help
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lesson by Pianoperformance @ 42 minutes 55 seconds ago

Ha, I have seen that too...pedalling is my key issue, well one of many..dynamics..accents, ha...
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Does organ for manuals count? Fugue in D Major - Kellner by Cinnamonbear @ 49 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Jack Hodkinson[...] Try this! http://imgur.com/TCAz6EH Wow! I'm a new fan. That ^^^ is *awesome*! --Andy
Jump to new posts Re: OT ... an ethical discussion (related to the arts) by AndrewJCW @ 55 minutes 30 seconds ago

I think the proliferation of digital media has overall helped most those in need of help and hurt most those in no need of help. I also think the vast majority of people (but not all) will do the right thing if it's fair and available to them. Austra
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By gynnisI'm missing something. There seems to be only on web link and it is to Lugansky's recording. Is this correct? There is no comparison one? Correct. No comparison video.
Jump to new posts Re: other uses for teflon powder? by daniokeeper @ Today at 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By ZMaestroOriginally Posted By daniokeeper Edit: BTW, if you Teflon powder the knuckles and key bushings, I guarantee some powder will come off and fall on the keybed anyway. That will probably make more of a mess than if you del
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tech Service Frequency by ZMaestro @ Today at 06:11 PM

$2000 per year? Unless you run a concert hall, that's really excessive. I've spent under half of that total in the 15 yrs I've owned my grand. Until now, I've paid for professional tunings and a couple of professional voicings, but I do some work my
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K500 in black/nickel finish by Bortholomew @ Today at 06:07 PM

I was basically one phone call away from finalizing buying a K500 since for the price, nothing I had tested could compete (the wife vetoed my decision and we went with a piano that was way above my budget). Both the K300 and U1 were decent playing pi
Jump to new posts Re: Unraveling String by DanS @ Today at 05:33 PM

Thanks Dave. I'll give it a try.
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha CF6-help please!! by benali @ Today at 05:32 PM

Hi Tuner, Thanks very much for your input. What do you mean be side play exactly? I would say there is no stickiness or anything like that on the black keys. Do you think key dip could be made more shallow in order to reach the next note that bit qui
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Questions by Frédéric L @ Today at 05:24 PM

Reaper is a nice and cheap DAW. You can download it freely and test it for 60 days. The main drawback is the "Spartan" presentation of the effects. Their GUI is not nicely designed. It comes with no virtual instruments.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago Amateur Piano Competition-2016! by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 05:21 PM

Just sent Dave a PM with congrats and kudos. Very authoritative playing. Well scaled and shaped and sensitively rendered, imho. Loved the Debussy, especially. Caught Tim's performance this morning, too. First rate stuff. Also very authoritative
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does anyone have the Yamaha P-115 ? Please help me !
by Davidkian
58 minutes 3 seconds ago
Single note repetition - technique
by modernpianoman
Today at 05:34 PM
Kawai K500 in black/nickel finish
by IrishRags
Today at 05:20 PM
Tuner recommendations in San Francisco
by TheLoneliestMonk
Today at 03:17 PM
Noisy keyboard?
by CalUK
Today at 01:57 PM
Forum Stats
84,757 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,720 Topics
2,550,071 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission