Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
144 registered (Amir, Albunea, ajames, ando, 35 invisible), 2232 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My Poor Man's Bosendorfer by JohnSprung @ 1 minute 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By TimeDoc the original is an applied metal applique Is there any trace on the fallboard of where the inlay was? If not, the wood may have been sanded down. As a watch maker, perhaps you'd be able to make one out of sheet brass
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginners: Strengthening the left hand by Gary D. @ 2 minutes 29 seconds ago

I haven't ever seen a left/right problem in beginners of any age re coordination. For all pianists hands specialize to some degree. No matter how hard you push equality between the hands the RH is going to get more passage work and the LH is going t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: GoPro for Piano Recording by prout @ 3 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By prout..., then the question is why video? .... In this case, it's because the OP already has a GoPro. He just wants to use it as an audio recorder. Well then, he should just record with it
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Question about a chord progression by Mike A @ 5 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By emeneltonThe Eb7 resolved down a perfect 5th. to Abmaj7, the iii7 of Abmaj7 is a standard substitution. The Eb7 in this case allows a nice dominant splash of color(with a standard dominant function)between the vi7 and ii7. Just
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tones visually by prout @ 16 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BeemerFrom my electronic education days, these are called Lissajous patterns and I had fun making them on the oscilloscope. Ian I assumed that as well, but I don't think the posted video actually fits the definition. I still
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ 17 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By AlbuneaReading now the first post on this thread, I don't really think getting that list with the numbers of pieces for each is a good idea. Writing the names of the participants already sounds like hard work! We don't want scorp
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs. Acoustic by JohnSprung @ 19 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Piano90X I have both a digital and an acoustic. And I'm glad I do. +1. I have both, and I think every serious student should. Get a slab type or stage piano digital, as they're easy to transport and store out of the way
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old vs new Schimmel grand piano models by PianoWorksATL @ 20 minutes 18 seconds ago

I started to reply sooner but had customers... Schimmel made 2 different model 213's in rapid succession. The first CC213 replaced the CC208. Both were excellent, but the K213 was much wider and heavier, and became the basis for the 3 smaller Konz
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What technique do you use to move pin small increments? by Beemer @ 22 minutes 48 seconds ago

Similarly, when trying to loosen a rusted bolt it is advisable to first turn clockwise 😉 Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making the switch to playing by ear by JohnSprung @ 40 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dmdYou have to be able to "feel" the melody from having played in that key enough. That's what I need to work on. I can do the chords and changes, but I either have to remember or read the melody, or I just screw u
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 - no 73 key keyboard by maurus @ 45 minutes 4 seconds ago

Provided they use a TP40H, and not a TP100! If you can live with a TP100, buy an Electro 73 HP, it's already there. Or a NP2 HP, if you can still get one.
Jump to new posts Re: Requesting suggestions for a mid-range digital piano. by Goss @ 45 minutes 24 seconds ago

From my own gadgetgeeking investigations and some searches and calls made I managed to find an Roland HP605 (b-stock) at 2000€ with adjustable stool to go with it. I had lessons as a child but having no piano at home just playing at friends and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorizers are the best at Ear by JohnSprung @ 52 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By RaggedKeyPresserI don't think I'm using my ears to memorize. I'm mainly using my ears to verify that I'm playing it right.. Yes, and not just the right notes, the right expression.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tiny hands by AZNpiano @ Today at 02:31 PM

Insist on using 1-2-3-4-5 for five-finger patterns. Maybe you can spend some time with them writing out all the finger numbers in their pieces. Also, make sure they are reading intervallically. If they are really reading the intervals, then they sho
Adult Beginners Forum
Bésame Mucho did it to the list, Greener. Tell us when you've finished it. I'll be doing some very famous Spanish songs to give ideas. Spanish songs = Songs in Spanish, not just from Spain.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 44 --- General Discussion Room by CarlosCC @ Today at 01:53 PM

I'll write some comments on your comments later, but I'd like to thank the organizers of the recital and especially to: Alexander Borro, Montuno, peterws, J Soo, Justin Davis, piano_primo_1, kris shendo, Ralphiano, zrtf90, casinitaly, MarieJ, JoBert,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to structure an improvisation? by hyena @ Today at 01:32 PM

I understand, still thanks a lot for your time/help! I'll try to find them in the songs I hear!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Please leave feedback! Thank you!
Jump to new posts Re: the "stereo" aspect of CA97 (recording) by prout @ Today at 01:31 PM

Yep. In the sixties, there was a short-lived, futile attempt to record a symphony orchestra in an anechoic chamber. The idea was that recording stereo in a hall, then playing it back in your own 'hall' distorted the sound. By recording totally dry,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: fingering chopin etude op10 no4 by phantomFive @ Today at 01:28 PM

I am more than happy to play that 1315 or even 1215, because the etude is not played at a speed where that particular efficiency is important. If you do the fingering 1325 then you will develop better technique, and more fluidity in your fingers.
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank for the valuable responses. I have only been with this teacher (my first one) for about 3 lessons, and she pointed out that i needed to work on finger independence, so we worked through a couple of exercises last session. The lessons are only
Jump to new posts Re: First Taste of my own Roland HP-605... by Frédéric L @ Today at 01:20 PM

Even if the piano lower *fundamental* frequency goes down to 27Hz, the lower emitted frequency could be around 80Hz because of the high mechanical impedance of the soundboard at a low frequency. (According to the "Physics of the Piano" book
Pianist Corner
Medtner Op.20 No.2. He played it as an encore when I saw him play the Rach 3 in LA with Dudamel last week. That was quite a godly concert, too. I also attended his LA recital in January--it was just as long as this Carnegie Hall one. At least he give
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy this used VPC1? by Gombessa @ Today at 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By Doug M.Not if he's paying what I would have paid for a VPC1 in mint condition. That's the entire point I'm trying to make. We've all had the opportunity to jump on potential insane deals every now and then, but those one-off op
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SKIII or Yamaha CX3SH? by maurus @ Today at 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By AlmavivaOriginally Posted By alwatsonWould buying the SKIII and getting a decent digital to act as your "silent" option be worth considering? This is a very good suggestion. Indeed. I played two Shigeru SKIII so far,
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tiny hands
by clarikeys
Today at 01:42 PM
R.I.P. - Greg Lake
by PianoManChuck
Today at 11:52 AM
Has anyone ever tried to use Piano For All on Kindle Fire?
by BillTheSlink
Today at 11:50 AM
Nord Piano 3 - no 73 key keyboard
by lance111
Today at 11:13 AM
Old vs new Schimmel grand piano models
by klutz
Today at 10:32 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,816 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,870 Topics
2,577,176 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission