Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
73 registered (accordeur, AprilE, arpegi8, agraffe, Amosdoll, 18 invisible), 1239 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kosenko, Poem Legend, Op. 12, No. 1 in Em by ChrisKeys @ 6 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By RachFanHi Chris, So good to hear from you! ... Have you posted any recordings lately? Has your Baldwin settled in to your satisfaction? Thanks for asking. Yes, the Baldwin has settled in very nicely, including the action. I'
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by sonicblasphemy @ 15 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Marko in BostonOriginally Posted By andoRoland RD800: Hated it. Action is noisy and bouncy, piano tone is terrible. What the heck? The synth tones are great, but as a piano, not even close. I find the keys are very sensitive an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the piece starting at 7:18? by SiFi @ 18 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By GanddalfThis is from the last movement of Grieg's piano sonata Op.7. Sounds surprisingly pleasant considering.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 string resonance by Charles Cohen @ 22 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By uciOriginally Posted By Charles CohenIn which case, it's certainly not a "bug", and not exactly a "feature"; maybe call it "character" ? A "feature", "character" or build "
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Ulven @ 26 minutes 12 seconds ago

I am a very new owner of a Kawai ES100, first piano I've ever loaned but love the flexibility, feel, and tone of it. What sold me was the ability to bring in things like damper noise, key release noise and so on to help it sound more like an acoustic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A by DrewBone @ 49 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPT...Doing a lyre-tip move is not a problem as long as you do it gently and pad everything well. Ed, perhaps there is no perceived "problem" with lyre tipping an inexpensive/small grand, but I could not
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By RetsacnalThe issue is whether or not he can trust the seller. And the resolution to that won't be found here. Years ago, when I was ready to upgrade from my first baby grand (5'10") I visited a rather large piano dealer in t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need help! Anyone know about Kawai DS-8B ? by Winkplay @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Hi all, I am looking for a 2nd hand piano for my 2 daughters who learning piano (age 9 and 11). My wife learnt till grade 5 when she was younger so it's nice the family is getting into music together. My older daughter has also learnt violin for a f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming nerves by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By scgrant . . . 1) Perform for as many other people as you can. I started playing for my wife, kids, and cats every chance I could. I'd run through my lesson on the weekend for my wife and ask her to only make complimentary com
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Calibrating Tuning Software and Microphones by prout @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

OK, that makes sense now. Tunelab uses a different formula for calculating iH, so we expect to see a difference in the values. I cannot explain the variation between microphones.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Estonia ... by Norbert @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

Quote:However, the extra long runs seemed superfluous, and actually, for me, were a bit of a distraction from the mood that is created by the piece. Hey, "extra long runs" prepare you for the good things to come again... [sorry for the &q
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

The primary physics of the hammer string interaction is the relation between the periods of the string and the inertia of the hammers. The secondary thing is the non-linear elasticity of the hammer felt. This is complicated by the wide frequency r
Jump to new posts Re: OT sound levels in the cinema by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

85db for action sequences like police chases with sirens and screeching tires and such. Maybe a bit more for a loud explosion. Regular conversation, maybe 60-65db. That's "approximately" and measured from the back of the theatre so it wi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Henle going digital! by colin_pianist18 @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By BrendanSo, I got the app today. First impressions: Cons: (Strangely, the Chopin ballade that's featured in their demo video isn't available...) Actually, on the app, there is an option to see what works Henle has on a certain c
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] FNAF World - The Musical - Lhugueny (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

Hello FNAF enthusiasts! Here is my piano cover on the new FNAF world musical parody by Lhugueny released yesterday. If you want to learn how to play it, I've also included a free tutorial teaching it. Enjoy~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxHH0YWU3
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Scores/Sheet Music on Kindle? by siros @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddI can imagine a large Kindle paper white screen may be nicer to look at than typical tablet screen. Does the eInk tech allow for fast page turns? I owned an older model, but the technology is roughly the same. It take
Jump to new posts Re: Different colours by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Pretty cool trick with Photoshop Chris! If you could get a dye that would dissolve in acetone, you may be able to accomplish your goal. Pure acetone will not carry much water into the hammers so the moisture issue can be avoided. (You can dissolve w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: hunidifier system by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Where in California? Some places have wild humidity swings while others are more stable. What's you microclimate?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Hi Laredo_5, are you tried Kawai MP7/ES7 and ES8?... Regards!.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by DrewBone @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniphantomFive, Maybe something like this? Yikes. Talk about from one extreme to the next; that piano has all the grace of a free falling safe! Regards, Andy
Jump to new posts Re: External Speaker System by alerique @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

With this budget would you consider selling your clavinova and simply either buying a superior model, or getting a stage piano plus speakers? 1k is a lot of money.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need suggestions for good practice book. by Groove On @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

For something practical I liked Practiceopedia. I also enjoyed the companion pedagogy book The Practice Revolution. These are the other books I've read. They are broader in scope but also very good: Art of Piano Playing by Heinrich Neuhaus With You
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by Riddler @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Pover, very listenable, enjoyable. I liked your fills - lots of variety, with ascending and descending arpeggios, lines in thirds, a reharmonization or two, it all helps to keep it interesting. Well done. Bill, this has been one of my favs since hea
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-350 question by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

True. The PX-350 has an equalization circuit to correct for the poor response of the internal speakers. To turn it off, insert a plug into the headphone jack.
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
I have just booked a room for two nights at the Hotel Pierre. I plan to arrive on Friday 1.7.2016 afternoon (probably by plane; the train from Nuremberg would take over 9 hours), meet you the evening, and party on Saturday. Cheryl: I also would li
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help! Anyone know about Kawai DS-8B ?
by Winkplay
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
hunidifier system
by andyvn579
Yesterday at 08:37 PM
HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM
by PocatelloAVS
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
Speaking of Estonia ...
by BruceD
Yesterday at 02:15 PM
What is the piece starting at 7:18?
by pianoloverus
Yesterday at 01:41 PM
Forum Stats
82,503 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,315 Topics
2,492,925 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission