Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
141 registered (alfredo capurso, A Guy, 36251, Almaviva, anamnesis, 34 invisible), 1506 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Interesting looking piece of unopened sheet music on the music rack. Obviously NOT the Liszt concerto.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Share ur experience overcoming "stage fright" by piano_friend @ 7 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Louis PodestaI cant' believe you guys are this naïve. Look up this woman's bio, and then her corresponding website. She is using you, not me, for material for her technique course. And guess what?: she gets paid for the advi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Sheet Music Looks Before & After You Practice by earlofmar @ 9 minutes 53 seconds ago

just add coffee and pizza stains and it could have been one of mine
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: exercises and compositions for children by Michael Sayers @ 14 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By David FarleyYour compositions look really interesting. Thanks for making them available. Hi David, Thanks for compliment on the compositions and for giving them a look. Sorry to be brief right now.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by EM Deeka @ 17 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By ChopinAddictOriginally Posted By EM Deeka I wish Pianoworld admins pull some user logs and check some of the internet source addresses The Mastermind behind this could easily use a VPN with a different IP/country for each of h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 baldwin sd 10 concert grand by backto_study_piano @ 22 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By SwarthI have a 9 footer in my living room. My sound level meter shows it no louder on average than any other piano. ... I can't tell you how rewarding and inspiring it is to have a concert grand to come home to. When I was sear
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 162 Years Ago... by Retsacnal @ 23 minutes 58 seconds ago

Both Blüthner and Bechstein are older than the country in which they reside, as is Grotrian-Steinweg! There's a lot of interesting research available about long-running family businesses.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by PhilipInChina @ 25 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BrianDXPhilip in China: I think I see a portrait of you and your wife in the background? Very nice. My view is basically lower Delaware open farm land plus my neighbors houses. Maybe I should plant a fruit tree outside? Yo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My 1985 Yamaha C7 is too loud by Inlanding @ 27 minutes 15 seconds ago

Also, or instead, you could put a large area rug on the floor underneath the piano, which will help with some of the immediate reflections. I've seen the walls in some living spaces with large, cloth covered square/rectangular baffles to absorb some
Jump to new posts Re: HISTORICAL ET AND MODERN ETs by alfredo capurso @ 32 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By rXdIf tuning were a competition to see who can tune the sharpest treble (and flattest bass) this would, of course be nothing new and some would bend over backwards to win. But..... I don't see it as a competition. I am not a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Strong Overtones on CP4 S6 Sound. by ando @ 32 minutes 31 seconds ago

Those overtones are very irritating to me. It's a poorly recorded sample, unfortunately used 3 times. I couldn't live with it myself.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Ivory in California by Oasismfg @ 33 minutes 11 seconds ago

This just in (source: NRA): "Assembly Bill 96 is scheduled to be heard in the California State Assembly Waters, Parks and Wildlife Committee on Tuesday, March 10. This legislation was written with the good intentions to help stop the illegal t
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Time for another Denver area piano group! by Inlanding @ 35 minutes 39 seconds ago

Looks like I'll miss this one this time around. Look forward to seeing some images and hearing some music. Have a great time, all. Glen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String Covers and Volume reduction by backto_study_piano @ 45 minutes 33 seconds ago

There was a thread last year on String Covers titled: "Edwards String Covers Missing in Action" I'm not sure if they have come back from AWOL. And another thread "For those with string covers... " which included some photos. P
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wait for the right student? by Candywoman @ 45 minutes 37 seconds ago

JustHarmony, I think parents should try to encourage their children to play piano for as long as possible. Most of them find this difficult because music isn't really on the top of their (the parents') minds. It would be like trying to get me to enc
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Kawai James, by kanadajin @ 49 minutes 30 seconds ago

Tone Deaf, not sure where you are located but if Ottawa is closer to you than Quebec City, there is Campbell Douglas keyboards on Merivale Rd who sells Kawais DPs and APs. They tend to have the cabinet style DPs such as the CA65/95, and usually have
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 3/3/15 by beeboss @ 50 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Dfrankjazzeverything is recorded but you never know which ones they will release.. DF You never quite know what Keith will release next, maybe it will be stoned guitar music recorded onto cassette 30 years ago or maybe some an
Jump to new posts Two in-tune notes sound horrible when played together?? by dax006 @ 59 minutes 2 seconds ago

I have a piano with the Middle A and F properly tuned. They sound fine played separately. Play them at the same time and they sound dissonant. I've checked and rechecked the tuning, retuned, measured the frequency with a machine, compared it to ev
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought a VPC-1! Some simple questions by lolatu @ Today at 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By jtsnOriginally Posted By Alexander BorroWith a 5200 RPM drive you should be able to run all these pianos but with a big BUT. Why bother with hard drives? Get a good 64 or 128 GB USB 3.0 USB flash drive and install Ivory's librar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingerings in the 1800s? by InfiniteClouds @ Today at 07:14 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the informative replies.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Priorities by 8 Octaves @ Today at 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXOne challenge is that my 3,4,5 fingers on my right hand are weaker, and some types of sequences in pieces that involve those fingers have been difficult to play properly. Now after 18 months, they are getting stronger thro
Jump to new posts Re: NSL Analysis of Stability by alfredo capurso @ Today at 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By TunewerkOriginally Posted By Alfredo CapursoIn my experience too, the NSL "tension band" you mention, is (as you say) one of the main factors involved in stability. Some say "...There's no mystery in it..", an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hypnotherapist by HalfStep @ Today at 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By SionosJust thought I would throw my opinion (for what it's worth) into the ring. As a qualified hypnotherapist I don't quite run with the idea that it can by itself bring on musicality. I think maybe there could be a place for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tulsa OK VS Boston MA by Nelsthepianoplayer @ Today at 06:39 PM

The snow is almost completely gone from the roads in Dallas this afternoon so you should have no trouble driving around once you get here.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: We Have to Teach These Kids to COUNT BEATS!!!!!! by pianoman9 @ Today at 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By JustHarmonyYikes and holy cow. I was just browsing around in this forum and not planning to comment here, but after all that above found myself wanting to say something. I'm not a teacher, but have been a student of many - so
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ivory in California
by Oasismfg
03/06/15 08:13 PM
My 1985 Yamaha C7 is too loud
by EllieYama
03/06/15 07:51 PM
Two in-tune notes sound horrible when played together??
by dax006
03/06/15 07:47 PM
162 Years Ago...
by Plowboy
03/06/15 04:30 PM
Casio px850 vs Casio px860
by TECHFRANZ
03/06/15 03:58 PM
Forum Stats
78,429 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,151 Topics
2,380,702 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission