Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Online piano teacher by paul abrahams @ 8 minutes 9 seconds ago

This is Paul Abrahams and it's great to be recommended. Although I teach privately I'm always urging my students to get out there and play. It's not that easy to find people just willing to jam or rehearse, let alone to find gigs, but no amount of te
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by CarlosCC @ 17 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SwissMSWhich venue we use will be very dependent upon how many people are coming. So the sooner I can get a list of possible participants, the sooner I can lock in a site. I know it is a long way in the future, but if you are t
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts Re: Forum problems - Quote and editing by UKIkarus @ 22 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: casinitalyOriginally Posted By: UKIkarusOriginally Posted By: UKIkarusThe post validator must have been tinkered with and broken at some point, I think this has since been fixed. Quote: Test We thought it was fixed... I'll
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Mark R. @ 33 minutes 19 seconds ago

Jamie, In the picture "Corrected1" you can see that the stock from which the key set was cut, changes in D1 (key no. 6). In other words, two pieces of stock were glued together at that point. I wonder whether this was actually the cause of
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Interview with Leon Fleisher by vlhorowitz @ 36 minutes 1 second ago

Hi Everyone, Our latest interview is with Leon Fleisher, who turned 86 this past summer. Here, the great teacher talks about his beginnings in San Francisco, the qualities of Schnabel, Horowitz' problems in classical repertoire, the cost of tuition
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Interview with Leon Fleisher by vlhorowitz @ 36 minutes 47 seconds ago

Hi Everyone, Our latest interview is with Leon Fleisher, who turned 86 this past summer. Here, the great teacher talks about his beginnings in San Francisco, the qualities of Schnabel, Horowitz' problems in classical repertoire, the cost of tuition
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Interview with Leon Fleisher by vlhorowitz @ 37 minutes 23 seconds ago

Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: taking lessons on a very heavy grand. is it time to upgrade? by littlebirdblue @ 49 minutes 58 seconds ago

If I made it sound like it's a clumsy piano then I must have expressed myself rather poorly. Her advanced students play beautifully on it, including very challenging Chopin etudes so it's not the piano or the teacher - it's mostly me being frustrated
Jump to new posts Re: Vertegrand pressure bar loosening by Olek @ 50 minutes 34 seconds ago

In your experiment, A443, the wire is "unglued" from its usual situation, so it is just proving that tuning is easier when the bridge move less. I don't expect all tension to pass the bridge, unfortunately certainly, but once a piano
Jump to new posts Re: Viennese Action by PhilipInChina @ 57 minutes 17 seconds ago

OK. Hypothetically if someone has a piano with a Viennese action which was working OK would it make sense to change it when other major work was needed? I realise it might not be a simple answer and it is a purely hypothetical question.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: First sonata by johan d @ 59 minutes 57 seconds ago

How long are you learning to play the piano?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NON-CLASSICAL COMPETITIONS FOR ADULTS? by Markarian @ Today at 03:49 AM

I just visited your site and have to say I'm quite impressed! I do like your music and I'm also thinking of recording a solo album soon. Here's an example of a piece I'm working on, called "The Spark," that was recorded on my grand. https
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: page-turning for tablets by Barly @ Today at 03:46 AM

Well, before a system reacts to my raising an eyebrow or listens like the system described above, I suppose tapping the screen is still quicker than fidgeting with a page that won't keep in place. Pedals, whether via USB cable or bluetooth, don't see
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Be here Monday- my first piano in 6 years! by wimpiano @ Today at 03:23 AM

Congratulations!!! I am sure these problems can be resolved
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the moderator... by casinitaly @ Today at 03:20 AM

We have had some problems over the past few days, but they should be resolved now. The time frame for editing posts after they have been submitted has always existed - it has been reduced recently but you do have some time for corrections. As for f
Piano Teachers Forum
The short answer is: "Absolutely, yes!" ; but why? Virtuoso playing - ie fast playing . passages.This means fast playing movements and SLOW thinking . In fast passages special signs of jazz - a typical articulation, sense of swing almost
Originally Posted By: A443Originally Posted By: OlekIs the steel resonating as well, sending audible extra high partials? Yes, that is the main problem: the buzzing can be hear resonating through the steel. A tap on the metal confirms the origin. T
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with Willie by lucpet @ Today at 03:14 AM

Keep you eye on his site or subscribe to him as I just joined him after a webinar he just had and he lowered the price for the participants to about 30 or 35 a month. Best price for me when compared to a private teacher here.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rare Time Signatures by phantomFive @ Today at 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: catersNo. 33 from Study for Player Piano by Conlon Nancarrow is a piece of music with a numerator of sqrt 2. Study No. 40 for two non-synchronized pianos by the same composer has e beats of pi Sqrt 2/pi time is basically these
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: no parents allowed by keystring @ Today at 02:59 AM

The original question was about a teacher not allowing the parent to attend the child's lessons. For those of us who attended our children's lessons (mine are adults), I think for most of us it was not in order to protect our children against possib
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano in dryer room by Phil Greenough @ Today at 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By: Jeff ClefThe one that comes to mind was a big apartment block in England whose floors were held together only by gravity--- no fasteners whatsoever. (It wasn't blueprinted that way.) Someone's ga
Jump to new posts Re: Refinishing to the Finish by Olek @ Today at 02:47 AM

Thanks. Akrilics are also Polyurethane, as I read it. So I think it could have been the choice for the same reasons. Now if it may melt your nice paintings.... May be you cannot use sanding sealer as a base for painting, but those products m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Ganddalf @ Today at 02:39 AM

One month to go! I assume that all of you are already well prepared. When you have recorded your music I suggest the following procedure: 1: Store your recording on some public site on the web (box.com, YouTube or similar)! Both video performances a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
If we are talking about improvisation, in nature, there is a natural order - as in other processes of human evolution: I hear - I imitate with the voice - I play So teach Indian music - ie improvisation in Indian traditions - for 5,000 years. Wit
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: A443 Never attempt to misrepresent someone like that again, Bill Bremmer RPT; I am capable of expressing myself--your assistance is not required. Are you backing down from your claim then? Where will this all end up? I saw &
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interview with Leon Fleisher
by vlhorowitz
33 minutes 22 seconds ago
by vlhorowitz
34 minutes 8 seconds ago
by vlhorowitz
34 minutes 44 seconds ago
First sonata
by amt976
Today at 03:38 AM
Is it necessary a classic base to play virtuosic jazz ?
by Nahum
Today at 03:18 AM
Who's Online
64 registered (alexbergauer, Barly, AliAlkhiro, amt976, Anne H, 13 invisible), 1027 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76384 Members
42 Forums
157911 Topics
2319097 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission