Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
78 registered (Allar A, ando, Anticlock, Anne H, A Guy, 24 invisible), 1157 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Awesome! by BruceD @ 5 minutes 41 seconds ago

One of Rachmaninoff's pieces for six hands (one piano) uses the opening accompaniment to the second movement of the Second Piano Concerto. Regards,
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music for beginner [General Discussion] by Nikolas @ 6 minutes 28 seconds ago

True I left it out, but one should know how to compose for the said instrument. Of course a composer will be able to compose for any instrument really (have you heard my violin duets?), without being able to perform them. After all you can't expect t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How hard is the Rach 3? by BruceD @ 8 minutes 37 seconds ago

This question comes up often on this board, and I always wonder why. If you are the one who is advanced enough to play "Liszt, Prokofiev, etc..." and you are wondering about the difficulty of the Rachmaninoff Third, give it a try and find
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Am I crazy? 1921 Baldwin with “History” (PICS) by BDB @ 10 minutes 37 seconds ago

Well, if you can find someone to restring it, replace the hammers, and do the other work it needs at a reasonable price, it might very well be a decent piano at a price close to the Kawai. It looks to be a C scale Baldwin, which would be the equivale
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rhythm question about "Un Sospiro" by BruceD @ 15 minutes 28 seconds ago

At the tempo these are being played, and the fact that the designation at this point is "impetuoso", I would suggest that one of the most important things to observe about these left-hand chords is that they should sound like a sixteenth-no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The "Secret" to Glen Gould's Awesome Technique? by Paul678 @ 33 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Roland The BeagleOriginally Posted By: anamnesisI find it utterly bizarre that Gould brings about such strong feelings. Just like any other performer, I enjoy some facets of his playing and not others, and yet I find that this
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts 1921 Baldwin with "history" by look_alive @ 33 minutes 43 seconds ago

1921 Baldwin with "history".
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Age of tech vs. quality level for a DP? by Charles Cohen @ 39 minutes 42 seconds ago

FWIW -- If you want a weighted action that's fairly light, find a used Yamaha P105. It has the "GHS" action, noticeably lighter than the GH in the CP33 / P155 / etc. Another alternative (but heavier action, more like an acoustic piano) i
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: thoughts on Group Buys? by BruceD @ 44 minutes 35 seconds ago

I don't know that reputable dealers ever deliver pianos "right out of the box" to their customers. A good dealer receives pianos from the manufacturer, preps them and tunes them and - in many (most?) cases - will prep and tune them again w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do we teach phrasing by piano_friend @ 45 minutes 36 seconds ago

Yes, and actual singing also helps a lot By the way, Hawaii? Wow How is life over there, I always wanted to visit that state
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "In Christ Alone" cover for Violin, Saxophone, and Piano by hsheck @ 49 minutes 56 seconds ago

"In Christ Alone" cover for Violin, Saxophone and Piano by Harrison Sheckler and Aaron O'Leary. We had fun with the transitions between instruments. I hope you enjoy! Thank you! In Christ Alone
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Octave stretch kind-of by rXd @ 58 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jim ialeggiorXd, Thanks for your candid post. Your description of first finding that glistening or shimmering sound in a false unison is very similar to how I found it on my own. I described this once. I think it makes sen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann PE 187 - Tech specs? Which veneer? by terminaldegree @ Today at 01:46 AM

Hi again Andrew, Regarding finish, I would prefer something kind of interesting, but for me the piano is ultimately a tool that must both work properly in a mechanical/acoustic sense and be a useful means of creating art. If I have to pick between
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overwhelmed and need desperate help by Tony Romo @ Today at 01:43 AM

Crucial to my progress were these things: 1. Learning to read music. This was really important, because it set me free to learn anything I wanted without limits or relying on silly method books. 2. Learning some popular music such as movie themes
Adult Beginners Forum
I have a few days off work next week and I hope I can do this then...The problem is that I have had to neglect all the pieces I could submit. New pieces I work with my teacher took all my available time. So some relearning will be required...no panic
Jump to new posts Re: Uninspired by my MP11 by Markarian @ Today at 01:27 AM

I think I should have made myself clearer that my mentioning my acoustic was precisely because I WASN'T expecting the same quality of sound from my MP11! I was saying that the onboard sounds on the MP11 are really not up to what I hear on a Roland or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Schimmel with problems by Sitbon @ Today at 01:15 AM

I would follow up with your local consumer affairs department, explain and get some advice if you are dissatisfied with your dealer. You may have legal grounds to get a replacement.
Pianist Corner
So I had a look around Music Minus One for the first time in ages, and I found they have added this work to their catalog. "Brought out of obscurity by virtuoso concert pianists in the late 20th century, it is but one gem from this talented fem
Jump to new posts Re: Squaring hammer crowns? by rysowers @ Today at 01:04 AM

I use an X-acto knife. But instead of the metal blade, I make one out of a guitar pick so that it will fit in the end of the X-acto handle. It works great! Especially in the high treble where there is very little room to pluck. The rule is: just ba
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer flange movement? by rysowers @ Today at 12:56 AM

You can try using two long, thin bladed screwdrivers. Use one to loosen the screw and then use the other one to wedge in between the flange and its neighbor. This is one Johnkie is suggesting above. Sometimes you will hear the flange "break free
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by rysowers @ Today at 12:51 AM

Andy, I second your vote in favor of felt mutes! I used rubber ones for many years, and the felt ones are so much more effective. They are a little more expensive but very worth it. I still use a rubber wedge but only in the top octave, where it is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann reflections by Sitbon @ Today at 12:42 AM

Hi. Melbourne Piano Warehouse in South Melbourne now sell Brodmann pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated! pics) by DeadPoets @ Today at 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: keystringOriginally Posted By: zrtf90...... The first thing you're taught with (classical) guitar is posture. .... I would like to see more attention paid to the dynamic part that I wrote, because it's very important. The in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (updated pics) by DeadPoets @ Today at 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: riley80What is the music on the stand? I notice the pad. I use one too on certain pianos to get my eye up to the music level. It's just some sight-reading exercises I threw up there for sake of the pictures.
Good luck, I hope you find something you love. Beyond the touch curve, there is also Hammer Delay (on the MP7, not sure about ES7)- while it is a different function it does affect the way you play and therefore has the result of different dynamic res
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
Pictures, Videos, Comments from the 2015 NAMM Show

-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Am I crazy? 1921 Baldwin with “History” (PICS)
by look_alive
02/01/15 02:23 AM
Rhythm question about "Un Sospiro"
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:55 AM
Awesome!
by piano_friend
02/01/15 01:50 AM
How hard is the Rach 3?
by Tony Romo
02/01/15 01:48 AM
thoughts on Group Buys?
by ymaeel
02/01/15 01:25 AM
Forum Stats
77944 Members
42 Forums
161110 Topics
2366629 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission