Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
52 registered (beeboss, cfrederi, alwatson, bennevis, Bolster, 14 invisible), 1011 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by SwissMS @ 1 minute 22 seconds ago

I am finally home in Switzerland and playing my own pianos! I was piano-less from July 18-30, and it sure felt good to sit down at my Bechstein and hear it sing. I hope to have a new piece ready for the quarterly recital, but it is going to be a push
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by phacke @ 39 minutes 6 seconds ago

Everybody is different but, I would not to go into debt for a piano. Best wishes,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Soundcard suggestions? by humax @ 43 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Marcos Daniel...where did you open that dialog? That is options window of NI Kontakt running in a standalone mode. The ASIO config panel can be retrieved from there. In general, you can get the panel from any software that uses A
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1 regulation enigma by David Boyce @ 53 minutes 26 seconds ago

It almost sounds as if someone read a book, and then confused set-off with checking distance......
Jump to new posts Re: Safest and effective way to clean around tuning pins by David Boyce @ 59 minutes 58 seconds ago

Hi Max, It's just a brush for painting woodwork - for applying paint - that is 25-30mm wide (one inch wide, written in the UK and USA as 1". In imperial measures, we have feet and inches, Feet are given the abbreviation ' and inches are "
Jump to new posts Clp 330 vs px-7/730 by Bolster @ Today at 04:32 AM

Which one is better?
Jump to new posts Re: Target EMTECH EM6600 Raven Black Lacquer by Pianos & Pianos Mexico @ Today at 04:23 AM

I haven't seen for a long time a tread about finish application, I normally work polyester, it has a beautiful finish but is a lot of work involved to accomplish it. Mostly sanding and polishing. Some times I spray polyurethane but only on small and
Pianist Corner
It seems to me that the quality of fingerings (i.e., whether they work for ME ) vary widely. I love them when they work, because I don't enjoy doing my own fingering. I hate them when they don't work, because then they just sit there on the page
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes a Steinway a Steinway? by phacke @ Today at 03:57 AM

You're makin me hungry.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By Nahum The first lesson began with her statement, that jazz harmony is to primitive - in comparison with the classical. This means that the first stage   lessons will be structured in such a way as to prove her mistake; but
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai MPA visit today! by Piano Valentine @ Today at 03:36 AM

Thanks for sharing such fantastic photos! In Hong Kong there is an ad these days saying that Shigeru Kawai buyers can enjoy the above service within the first year of ownership. Saw my tuner recently and had a chat with him about this ad. In his
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization and Preparation by SiFi @ Today at 03:23 AM

Two quick points: 1. What do you all think about the tapering idea? Runners will know what I mean, but does it translate to piano? 2, Here's a small part of my new rep for WIPAC. First take is from memory. Second is not. If you close your eyes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rubinstein Concerto 4 by thalbergmad @ Today at 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By Sean P I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago regarding lesser heard piano concertos. I got some fabulous suggestions, and I ended up going with Rubinstein's Concerto No. 4 in D minor (my second choice - I really, really wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Digital pianos actions today vs 20+ years ago by ZMaestro @ Today at 02:51 AM

I've played acoustics for 25 years. Many different brands, and all 3 types, from expensive to cheap. I have a grand now. I didn't note any of the models because their action were lousy so I didn't bother, especially after I saw the prices. I noted
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: first piano lesson, one year ago by earlofmar @ Today at 02:31 AM

well done Timpskie and congratulations on your pianoversary. While day to day we don't hear ourselves improve much over the course of a year when we look back we see we may have come a long way.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The inevitable Realisation by peterws @ Today at 02:19 AM

Got me thinking, that word again. Yknow, life is a grind. Routine is the staple diet of everyone, pretty much, interspersed with a dollop of excitement now and again. Like, talking the scenic route to work. . or drinking something other than beer.
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help - How to Fix a Popped Out Key! by Pro-TAC @ Today at 02:14 AM

please see the bellow URL https://goo.gl/photos/MnjoEbY4FnxhSjRs8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8PtRxKdQY I wish you good luck (^o^)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Very annoying forum experience lately by Retsacnal @ Today at 01:34 AM

It's a minor annoyance. There's also an easy fix... Since the translation widget takes a while to render, the browser doesn't know how much space to allocate to it. When it does render, the browser has to push all the other elements down to make spa
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Pianomation questions by meadpiano @ Today at 01:31 AM

I removed a system from a wurlitzer grand. I want to make it into a vorsetzer. I can get all the solenoids to work but I'm afraid there is something wrong with the processor. I might not have a proper set up but I've tried playing the proper file on
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: DD wants to pursue a career in piano by BruceD @ Today at 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By MomzMy daughter is 15, starting her sophomore year in high school. She has been casually taking piano lessons for 4-5 years but has developed a more serious interest in it over the last year or so. She is, I presume, an interme
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggested process for finding a new teacher? by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 01:15 AM

I think the credit goes to PianoWorld - this is a true community of strangers! Enjoy this new beginning, Kubla, and give it a few months before judging.
Composer's Lounge
Originally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By JoelWMy feedback: This isn't good. This it not feedback! http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feedback Fine. I will be more constructive. Aly Baracat, The music you posted is repetitive, clic
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Leo Ornstein Piano Sonata no. 4 mov. 2 by Dachshund @ Today at 12:47 AM

I recorded this about a year ago and just stumbled across it again the other day. I know the recording quality is poor and you can even hear a pianist in the adjacent room, which kind of distracts from the performance. However, I liked the way I play
Originally Posted By Blues beaterThree or four years ago I would open up the Steinway to keep it from sounding muted and lifeless. Now it sounds bright with all covers on. Two out of my three other pianos are sounding too bright as well. At age 70
Piano Forum
Last year when I began participating in ABF Recitals I encountered the difficulties of recording a submission on an acoustic piano. The technical aspects were complicated, and the Zoom’s Red Dot was distracting. I couldn’t record unless I was alo
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Clp 330 vs px-7/730
by Bolster
07/31/16 04:32 AM
Steinway 1st piano-good investment?
by Logan Avery
07/31/16 04:23 AM
Missing Prop for Hamilton Music Desk?
by Musicdude
07/30/16 11:10 PM
How good is the px-7 limited edition
by Bolster
07/30/16 10:37 PM
I am getting older, all my pianos are sounding brighter???
by Blues beater
07/30/16 06:29 PM
Forum Stats
84,468 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,236 Topics
2,544,268 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission