Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
79 registered (anamnesis, AndrewJCW, Bachus, anotherscott, 24 invisible), 1167 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Looking for Galt MacDermot piano sheets by frysh @ 4 minutes 46 seconds ago

Hello everyone, I'm desperately looking for piano sheets of Galt MacDermot following 2 tracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikgvEKANy00 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeqNnH5Vcjw I looked everywhere but could not find anything. I even cont
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to locate a video of one of Liszt's pupils. by Carey @ 12 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiCould be a second generation Lisztian: a Leschetizsky student, which casts a wider net. Or it could be just about anyone. I just did a little digging and found out that my grad school piano prof studied with Gyorgy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What used grand piano would you buy with $16,000? by DrewBone @ 15 minutes 26 seconds ago

Much like trying to locate an apartment to live in, being in the right place at the right time often works the same way when looking for a piano. Two months or so ago I was travelling towards a local shop on unrelated business when I found myself ap
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
I like this. Distinctive, not at all "canned" as some performances are. I don't agree with every interpretive decision, but I would really love to hear you play this on a better instrument with more dynamic range and better sound projecti
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 5-Finger Position? by Nahum @ 22 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Gary D. To me your "non-standard" fingering seems logical. I'm assuming this is swing because of the 8th note tripet, and where you have 5 would likely be over a chord change. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Incredible Bosendorfer by Cassia @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

grace_note, I think more will probably eventually be made, but I didn't ask. So far, the only two have both gone to Classic. Rich, that may be what it is. It's times like this I wish I was a wealthy person. That would be my new piano if I could affo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R or Casio PX-360 as a second DP? by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

The pivot point is at the same spot, however the hammers fold back under the keybed to keep it compact for our smaller cabinets and our portable smaller "slab" pianos... Jay
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

I tried very few models: Yamaha P105, Casio PX-350, Casio PX-150, Casio CDP-120 and Kawai ES100. Many of the opinions here are base on other people comments, not only my experience.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: delete by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

May I take this opportunity to promote this amazing product to all you [delete] piano customers! Next time you have a cocktail party and invite your friends to get inebriated around your [delete] piano, you should have several of these around to soa
Member Recordings
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to not "choke" when starting to play a piece? by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By HappyBeeMy teacher told me to never start playing until I am ready, and I tried taking a moment to pause before starting to play the song in my head, read the notes ahead, calm myself, look at the keys to locate the notes for the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Talented Transfer Students by Brinestone @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By Piano*Dad 3. Families of neurotic parents who are always searching for just the right teacher, and Johnny never gets into a groove with anyone. Ha! I love your choice of the word "neurotic.&quo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New York Shops by DrewBone @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Two months ago I played what I believe to have been either a Schimmel Konzert 256 ot 280, in the downstairs showroom at the Faust Harrison location in Huntington Station, NY. It was splendid. Regards, Andy
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Competitions by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Quote:For instance, yesterday, I watched a show on Justin Beiber. Well, you picked a rather easy target there. Judging can be idiosyncratic. As AZN says, all teachers must prepare competition-level students to deal with strange results. Roll wit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Negotiating" a New Piano Price by Rickster @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertSometimes it takes a while to recognize a good deal - when you see one. Very true, Norbert. That's why shoppers shop around, I suppose. I always tend to get buyers remorse when I buy first and shop around later. R
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Use digital piano as a reference to tune acoustic piano? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Hi Ryan, I like the way you write. We have a similar bent I think. I myself had noticed the less than perfect tunings on digitals and postulated the same reason.
Jump to new posts Re: Your favourite temperaments and client's reactions by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By BDBI posted a link to a television show I tuned for. If the temperament is important to you, you should be able to tell what temperament I used, and decide for yourself whether you like it or not. If you cannot tell, then it must
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by yonatan @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLOriginally Posted By yonatanThanks for the good read and information this far, guys! I really enjoyed it. The only question I have might be: Is it as good as the Yamaha Avantgrand (N1 upwards), or even better? If t
My New Piano!
Margy, You could start here: Pleyel website Best wishes on your information quest. Regards, Andy
Jump to new posts Re: Recording a tuning by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Ryan, you tune double string unisons? (Mute one string and shim the unison until the RBI are what you want?) If so, you are the only other person besides me who I know that tuned this way. If so, why do you tune this way?
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy action - how to make it lighter by Ralph @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

I've been watching this thread with great interest since it started. So many good ideas given here, but I think you are to the point where a Scott Jones TrouchRail would probably solve all your problems and even allow for greater reduction in weigh
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball grand piano serial number mystery. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

I'll look for it. I'm repinning all center pins next week.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin E - Restore or not? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By S. PhillipsIt was that bad and if I hadn't been working for them at the time I wouldn't know the details. But I was working for them at the exact time that all of this was going on. For the sake of consumer protection informatio
Jump to new posts Re: Digital pianos - Can they get better ? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

I don't understand how the question can arise "Is a digital piano as good as an acoustic?" It's a non-starter. One poster wrote "It's hard to distinguish the current top of the line DP and software instruments from the real deal."
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by bitnick @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By mcollI remember specifically testing for this aspect and also calculating the pivot length on pictures (not a precise method, but even with a margin of error, the difference was significant). If anybody knows otherwise (and mayb
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Looking for Galt MacDermot piano sheets
by frysh
10/10/15 12:18 AM
Incredible Bosendorfer
by Cassia
10/09/15 10:31 PM
Piano teacher's nightmare
by Crystalcolors
10/09/15 08:24 PM
Recording a tuning
by rysowers
10/09/15 07:33 PM
Roland F-140R or Casio PX-360 as a second DP?
by WarrenY
10/09/15 03:57 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,993 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,418 Topics
2,453,611 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission