Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (accordeur, AndrewJCW, ando, anotherscott, Adam Schaaf 58265, 32 invisible), 1190 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schafer & Sons piano identification by Rickster @ 2 minutes 55 seconds ago

For $200 I don't see how you could go wrong, unless you hurt your back moving the piano yourself. That's pretty much a give-a-way price in my book. Good luck, and keep us informed!! Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for easy Chopin pieces that fit my constraints by HalfStep @ 3 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dmdOriginally Posted By outoI'm afraid it's difficult. Chopin without pedal would be quite dry and there are very few easy pieces by Chopin anyway... Yes ... I was going to question whether "Chopin" and "Easy&qu
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.12 software update by Kawai James @ 27 minutes 1 second ago

Hello 9190, thank you for your feedback. Originally Posted By 9190But why there are no anymore news updates on http://www.kawai-global.com web-site in the bottom of the page (Product News & Information for Customers)? We are currently working o
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano by Some Pianist @ 31 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By anotherscott PX5S does not have the internal speakers you want, or a metronome. It is a bit better than the PX350 as a piano, though. Then the PX-5S is out and the PX350 is the prime candidate right now. Does anyone have another
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Somewhat OT: The happy birthday song copyright case by Rerun @ 43 minutes 3 seconds ago

Cameron Strang's annual compensation package would almost pay for for what Warner/Chappell shook down users of the tune last year. Wonder how his appetite was for supper tonight.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP10 (v1.07) & MP6 (v1.13) software updates by Kawai James @ 46 minutes 21 seconds ago

CyberGene, well spotted! To answer your question, yes, the v1.16 update incorporates some of the MP10/MP6 changes listed above. I opted not to announce the update here, as I knew another ES7 update would be following shortly (early next month) whic
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Attention to detail and Leschetizky-Schnabel "lineage" by WhoDwaldi @ 50 minutes 49 seconds ago

Try "score" in Grove (1980), other terms for printed music, notation, engraving, editions. The Harvard Dictionary (2nd ed.) gives Greek derivation of "music," not what we're after.
Jump to new posts Re: CA 67 is here but I have a question by Kawai James @ 56 minutes 53 seconds ago

Thank you EPW. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Best Digital Pianos by Kawai James @ Today at 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibDon't know where the OP is located, but I like the demo-ing selection at Sam Ash in NYC. They usually have the Kawai digitals on the floor, and I've never seen them at the local Guitar Center. Please note that chain ret
Jump to new posts Re: Does Pianoteq Ever Get Discounted? by thatdude @ Today at 09:05 PM

Thanks a lot for the helpful tips for a beginner like me I did found out the problem originates from the velocity settings, I used a setting designated for the casio privia and it sounds better on my PX 850. Still, the mellowish sound I am looking f
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPT So, for octaves that sound best as a wide 4:2/narrow 6:3, i.e. the spread is too much to warrant a pure 4:2/pure 6:3, i.e. we can hear the difference, then the barely narrow 6:3 sets up the F3G#3 = B3D#4 equali
Jump to new posts Re: Help: Industry Questions by David Boyce @ Today at 08:58 PM

Rod S., thank you for posting the survey results. I'm sorry that you didn't get more completed surveys. It's interesting to read your conclusions, and perhaps most of them confirm the impressions most of us have had about the state of things.
Jump to new posts Split-Treble Upright actions by Adam Schaaf 58265 @ Today at 08:50 PM

Is this a mere talking point/sales pitch, or is there something inherently superior related to the scale of these pianos? Other possibilities? While investigating both modern and historic upright actions, I have observed the following split-treble a
Jump to new posts Re: RPTs, Associates : Patrons and DIYers by Inlanding @ Today at 08:45 PM

First, welcome to PW, Adam Schaaf 58265! From what you say, you've had a good bit of mentorship and have done work on your own piano to your satisfaction - I congratulate you! I am one of those PTG Associate members in Denver that attended the PTG
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I enjoyed this little comic by dogperson @ Today at 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By RerunAfter reading the cartoon, I was trying to decide whether Rhodes has both oars in the water, then after watching a bit of the "Piano Man" vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gr0snxE4QE etc., it's pretty hard n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by dynamobt @ Today at 08:20 PM

Can I be reinstated? It turns out my teacher has been very motivating. I have been practicing. And I expect that practicing music at an easier level than I'm usually at will be part of my rehab. Yes, I missed a few days, even a week. But, I am b
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150? by anotherscott @ Today at 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By somSo I got my choices for a DP reduced to these two: - Casio PX150 - Kawai ES100 I want realistic touch and feel. Sound important, but not critical as I will mostly use Pianoteq. I'd probably take the PX150. If you were p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parson's Buys a Significant Interest in Grottrian by Steve Cohen @ Today at 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By turandot Steve Cohen, Did you find your laptop yet? Yes, but I was asked to keep certain information confidential and so.....
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: original composition, opinion? by Cheeto717 @ Today at 07:45 PM

This is mostly a classical music forum. This piece, while sounds nice, is more in the style of a pop song. Simple, repetitive chord progression, singable melody. It's nice, but doesn't really belong in this forum. Keep it up though, there's definit
Piano Forum
Also, I wouldn't necessarily give up on eBay either... I've bought two grand pianos that were advertised on eBay; they didn't sell before the auction ended, and I got the contact info and contacted them after the auction was over. Both, however, were
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C2X vs C3X by Sam4 @ Today at 07:37 PM

Thanks Rick. Like I was saying the tunes aren't mine, here's where I got it from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8WLDQgv-Io. I just listened to Dennis playing these and picked them up from there, I dint ask him for the sheet music though I'm sure
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome -- How old?? by JohnSprung @ Today at 07:36 PM

These being Seth Thomas products, perhaps look for a forum of clock collectors.
Originally Posted By accordeurNot creepy. Creeping. Yes thanks , took the dictionnary and did get the point . that said, creeping centers are weird ..
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
"Baby Grand" discussion (a Billy Joel tune) ... demo at 08:45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJGCKFkx98U
I do not have the best equipment to listen, but my impression is that the fundamental are coupling, hence a moaning due to partials, that are often decoupled if the fundamental is the main focus. that said I regularly leave unisons 'at the edge of a
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Split-Treble Upright actions
by Adam Schaaf 58265
Today at 08:50 PM
Beginner needs some buying advice for a digital piano
by Some Pianist
Today at 06:51 PM
Damper problem question-Boston Upright UP-118S
by mivaldes
Today at 06:02 PM
Shopping for used piano
by dutton
Today at 05:31 PM
Kawai ES-100 or Casio Privia PX-150?
by som
Today at 03:47 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,191 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,840 Topics
2,431,052 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission