Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
137 registered (aliash, amadeus90, aCaPellA, augustm, anrpiano, 36 invisible), 1398 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by Medden @ 4 minutes 17 seconds ago

I can think/remember much much faster than I can read. So I'm in the other camp of players, who need to rely more on the actual score, as my memory isn't always 100% reliable. But memory is fast! I was just reading a book about some technique advi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is the Kawai US website down? Looking for dealers in Florida by Giancarlo Robles @ 5 minutes 15 seconds ago

Guess I forgot to mention where in Florida. I will be on the south part. I will start in Tampa, Ft. Myers then go to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and end up in Cape Canaveral. So I guess in one of those cities there should be something.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First ever (as an adult) live recital was today by INBoston @ 6 minutes 34 seconds ago

Thanks all. I really need to get over it and move on, BUT I keep replaying everything in my head trying to analyze how I could have done better. Sheesh! 1) Score memorization: no issues there, I was well prepared and knew the piece very well. I coul
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vertical with extremely heavy action by charleslang @ 13 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By bellspiano Bad idea, the spray Protek. Very bad. OK thanks, I won't do that. I would donate my time to the place to find/fix the real problem, but it's almost two hours away from me. Frustrating that an acoustic piano at
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Harpsichord Sonata In A Minor" (Mov. One) by Larry G. Alexander @ 16 minutes 3 seconds ago

This is the opening movement of my "Harpsichord Sonata In A Minor". http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/HarpsichordSonataInAMinorMov01.mp3 Regards, Larry Alexander
Jump to new posts Roland FP-30 vs Kawai ES100 vs Yamaha P115 by Estiui @ 19 minutes 46 seconds ago

I've new to this forum, so hi to everyone! I know there are lots of topics about digital pianos here, but I'm struggling to decide on which digital piano would fit better with what I'm looking for. So after a bit of research in the internet and try
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by oldmancoyote @ 40 minutes 26 seconds ago

Nope. I was surprised, because when googling "american piano maker" followed by the names of the two main suspects (main for me, at least!), I came up with fewer hits than googling "american piano maker" and the right name.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Error message on PW file uploader page by KurtZ @ 49 minutes 1 second ago

My vote for the feature that most needs updating on PW. This ( posting photos) is simply never an issue on any of the three other enthusiast's boards I'm a member of. Here, it's a multiple times a week issue. It's simply 10 years ago technology
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to evaluate an untuned Bluthner by oldmancoyote @ 53 minutes 3 seconds ago

Nope, but I do have them checked by (lab) technicians before buying them... fair enough observation, I forget that while here everybody knows piano speak, not everybody will be familiar with trading gemstones. A great deal of money stands upon a gem
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P-105: Loud low notes, Soft high notes by TheodorN @ Today at 09:28 AM

According to the manual, it seems that if the keybed is split, you can control the volume of each part, seperately. http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=da&site=dk.yamaha.com&asset_id=57343 You need to study the manual a bit
Chickering Bros. of Chicago, which made this piano, was not the same as Chickering & Sons of Boston, and would be a much lower quality piano. Do not put a lot of money into it, but enjoy it for what it is.
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by Fer De Armas @ Today at 09:07 AM

Hi propianist, although hybrid key actions are very nice and feels a bit better against hollow plastic keys, IMHO these are a gimmick, because only white keys have the thin piece of wood glued to the plastic piece, so black keys feel exactly as a hol
I like the sound of that piano! Why not live with the hammers for a while? More Kinderszenen please!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rachmaninoff in 7 days! (aka "the things kids say") by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 09:04 AM

My 7 year old cracks me up sometimes. I just finished my summer chamber workshop so I figured it's time to pick a new solo piece to work on and had a book of Rachmaninoff open to look through with my morning coffee. My son, who just started piano t
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by David Boyce @ Today at 08:57 AM

I just hummed out loud what I thought might be A3, and then turned on sound on Tunelab. I was a semitone low.
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 F30 Pedal functioning incorrectly by elAbad @ Today at 08:55 AM

I have exactly zero idea what I'm looking at, and less yet as to what it means. Here are the results. The MIDI mapping is "Minimalistic" Controller 67 Pedal 1 Soft Controller 66 Pedal 3 Sostenuto Controller 64 Pedal 4 Sustain (A) Depress
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by the nosy ape @ Today at 08:50 AM

I vote that we compare them by shoe size.
Adult Beginners Forum
Good luck with "Solace", marko697. I'm still hacking my way through it, but it's getting better. I think I will take out my Greatest Hits book and check out "Tomorrow". I haven't played out of that book for a while.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rib eye vs Sashimi by the nosy ape @ Today at 08:47 AM

So which was it?
Originally Posted By MacMacMacBut ... most of a piano's failure-prone parts are mechanical. And many such failures are the result of shipping mishaps. Be sure that the shipper owns responsibility for such. OK, so those should show within a month, 3
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Windows for Glitch-Free Audio by dje31 @ Today at 08:35 AM

Never tried it, but I've been a computer guy for 37 years or so. If it were me, and given how cheap hardware has become, I'd probably have a dedicated laptop just for music production...not one I use for web-surfing, Office suite, e-mail, or anythin
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs. Roland V-Piano by Fer De Armas @ Today at 08:24 AM

I agree with you...! While key action on V is not as good as MP11 and MP7, the finger to sound connection is really amazing; making the V a really joy to play. Regards.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forearm rotation by jdw @ Today at 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By Isabelle1949I am also finding that when hands are far apart and away from the body, I am not turning out enough to have fingers aligned with key, so working on this also. Isabelle, Not sure what you mean here. You don't need to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mellow Piano Question by Scout @ Today at 08:11 AM

I just have to say what a huge kick I got out of your saloon-sound playing just now in the video, Rickster. It made my day already, and it's only a little past 8 a.m. -- thanks!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Brahms Op. 118 6 Piano Pieces by CanCakmur @ Today at 07:51 AM

Hello, Few months ago I have shared only no 3 and 4. Finally, I played all the set. I hope you like the performance. Can
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland FP-30 vs Kawai ES100 vs Yamaha P115
by Estiui
05/24/16 10:16 AM
Is the Kawai US website down? Looking for dealers in Florida
by Giancarlo Robles
05/24/16 09:11 AM
Rachmaninoff in 7 days! (aka "the things kids say")
by TwoSnowflakes
05/24/16 09:04 AM
Yamaha P-105: Loud low notes, Soft high notes
by Chogato
05/24/16 08:01 AM
How to evaluate an untuned Bluthner
by Bellicapelli
05/24/16 07:39 AM
Forum Stats
83,748 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,896 Topics
2,527,275 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission