Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: do you memorize a piece when you learn to play it? by earlofmar @ 1 minute 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JeanieA Guess what's happened? Now, I can only remember if my eyes are closed. Eyes open, I can't remember. Seriously, what goes on in this head of mine?!? Might have to have some fake eyes tattooed on your eyelids
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which classical (piano) music may I like? by Monica K. @ 6 minutes 28 seconds ago

I think a lot of the Scarlatti sonatas are simply beautiful, especially this one:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin's action vs. Kawai's Millennium III action by Rich Galassini @ 7 minutes 37 seconds ago

Interestingly it is that carbon shank that gives many fine pianists pause. Because it is so stiff it reacts differently than a traditional wooden shank. This means that the attack is different than a pianist expects. This is by no means something
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by voxpops @ 7 minutes 55 seconds ago

I would be surprised if Kawai went back into the studio to create new recordings of their acoustic grand and Rhodes/Wurlitzer for the latest sample sets. The samples in the MP7/MP11 may be freshly derived from the original recordings, but I doubt tha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An aural and visual demonstration of the Skeleton. by DoelKees @ 9 minutes 56 seconds ago

BTW interesting interaction of theory and practice. Mark posts a video claiming you can set C#4 even if F3 is off, purely based on experience (I assume). Rafael gets upset and claims "wrong if F3A3 is at 11bps you get more than 1 cent error i
Jump to new posts Re: New to Piano World, Seeking Advice on a Spinet Regulation by Eric Gloo @ 10 minutes 31 seconds ago

Your short keyboard piano was made by Winter for the Melodigrand Corp. in approx. 1949. Can you tell if anything else in the action is made of plastic, other than the elbows? The few pianos I've seen with Alcoa plates have all had plastic in the acti
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA95 Recordings by Kawai James @ 17 minutes 29 seconds ago

Thank you for sharing your recordings wolferblade. I rather like the delicate treble passages in the second half of 'You Oh Lord are a Great God'. Kind regards, James x
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Online piano teacher by EM Deeka @ 18 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Michael MartinezYou ought to consider Paul Abrahams site: www.learnjazzpianoonline.com Is this better than Jazzpianoonline.com ?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Write melody contrapuntally by Polyphonist @ 20 minutes 21 seconds ago

The top voice is a modified version of the melody and the bottom voice is a standard counterpoint. The excerpt is (possibly not intentionally) modeled after a passage in the Bach C minor Partita. I still don't see how the melody line was "transf
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 21 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyYou always gloat about how you want to teach people these "secrets" you've picked up, but when the opportunity to make such a profound impact is staring you in the face the most you can do is try to chop down th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to decide by smrkdown @ 22 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GrandmanVery true, digitals age rapidly as technology changes. I think this is true as far as resale value, but not for sound and action. As long as nothing breaks, it'll sound and feel just as good when a new model comes out
Jump to new posts Re: Trying out Pianoteq and Have Sound Cjard Question by lolatu @ 25 minutes 51 seconds ago

Asio4all didn't work with UR22 for me - need to use the supplied or downloaded Yamaha drivers. Quote:" The networking adapter(s) (wired and wireless) should be _disabled_. THat's different from "disconnecting" from your network."
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scale & Arp exercises that sounds good to people in lounge by Polyphonist @ 27 minutes 6 seconds ago

Improvise.
Jump to new posts Re: Help! by Morodiene @ 27 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacWhy not just record the sound from the Kawai piano? It probably has an audio output connection. So, using a suitable cable, connect that output to the audio input on the computer. And use Audacity (free software) to rec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please,can you help me choose my new digital? by Morodiene @ 29 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SheyManchester is great for demo-ing various piano keyboards, we have lots of music shops. However, I am not able to make side by side comparisons and this has been my major issue. One shop has some Yamahas and another Rolands
Piano Forum
hmmm... Nice! That first c5 looks like a good deal. Wish I was in ca.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Polyphonist @ 32 minutes 5 seconds ago

I'll make it clearer for anyone who is still in the dark: the answer is the French Overture variation of the Goldbergs, #16.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "railroad track" symbol in Debussy by Morodiene @ 34 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Louis PodestaI have played this piece since 1971, so I am most familiar with it. The first mistake people make in playing this an other Debussy is that they commonly phrase the way they do with Romantic Period repertoire. Debus
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Your favorite composer I may have never heard of?? by Polyphonist @ 35 minutes 53 seconds ago

Can't stop listening to that concerto.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. My EQ And Other Virtual Technician Settings by Abby Pianoman @ 44 minutes 55 seconds ago

All these settings are for the Concert Grand. Depending on the kind of music you may want to play, it is also worth it, every now and then to try switching between Dynamic, Bright 1, or Normal, to see what suits the song best. I played almost the
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Shostakovich Prelude 4 (E minor) by johnlewisgrant @ 47 minutes 37 seconds ago

Correction, try this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mZnglheow John
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory v. Plastic Questions by JeanieA @ Today at 09:08 PM

After reading Sally's very informative posts, I did take the time to write my two senators, Harry Reid and Dean Heller, and our congressman, Mark Amodei. Today I received this response from Senator Heller: "Dear Mrs. Allen: Thank you for co
Originally Posted By: HakkiOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT I've seen octaves test out as wide 6:3 and concurrently narrow 4:2. Seen?? One generally hears whether an octave is 4:2 or 6:3. Partials are partials, let us just be realisti
Prout, the question you asked is a very complicated one to answer in simple words. Even in diagrams it gets complicated. For any given action geometry, there will be an ideal starting position of the hammer shank. When the whippen cushion and knuckl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by earlofmar @ Today at 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Quietly AliveOriginally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Quietly Alive I still class myself as a beginner, I got to grade 5 abrsm a long time ago in and gave up due to other commitments G
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
147 registered (Alan F, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, ajames, A Guy, 46 invisible), 1492 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157252 Topics
2309669 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Shostakovich Prelude 4 (E minor)
by johnlewisgrant
47 minutes 8 seconds ago
Help!
by MandyD
Today at 09:09 PM
kitchen studio for summer just gone
by toddy
Today at 08:41 PM
Aebersold Play-Alongs
by EP
Today at 06:39 PM
Plan on playing this Thursday night
by Visalia
Today at 06:16 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission