Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
129 registered (AndrewJCW, accordeur, 36251, Andrei Kuznetsov, Albunea, AmandaH, 33 invisible), 1518 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with new piano purchase! by PhilipInChina @ 1 minute 49 seconds ago

There is another thread running somewhere on a similar question. You often can get a 9' piano for a lot less than you might think as the demand isn't strong- most people just can't house anything that size. Of course if you want to sell it later, th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway model B by Markarian @ 10 minutes 3 seconds ago

For 5K or below I'd go digital. Kawai CA-67 or MP11 and some nice monitors.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestion for tuning kit... by TheBead @ 13 minutes 11 seconds ago

Thank you David! I will proceed w/the Levitan utility hammer & Haynes Piano Manual. Son is very tech literate, so I'll suggest he gets Tunelab (free version) running on his old Ipad or phone and Entropy running on an older macbook or an old pc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Let's be Facebook friends by JoelW @ 15 minutes 39 seconds ago

I have 11 Facebook friends and I don't plan on having more.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any Black Friday/Holiday sales of virtual piano software? by Frédéric L @ 16 minutes 48 seconds ago

I have just purchased Galaxy Vintage D at 97€ instead of 139€. The Galaxy bundle of 3 grands is at 180€... Instead of 259€. (The old prices are from the cache of my navigator). The digital store is bestservice.de
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Inventions by Stubbie @ 17 minutes 39 seconds ago

No. 8 and No. 4 came a little easier for me than No. 1, which was my first one, but in truth none of them have been easy for me. They look simple, but they are a challenge for late starters like me.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jansen Artist Bench - question about BROWN leather/vinyl by malkin @ 19 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By iLawOriginally Posted By PhilipInChina I still miss Minnesota Marty. It's crazy. I didn't know him. Me too. Larry. Add me to the list. It struck me oddly, at the time, that I got choked up ove
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Spinet Advice by Eric50 @ 22 minutes 40 seconds ago

As spinet pianos go, I'd rather play an Acrosonic in OK shape than just about any other spinet of that era...I say that as someone having done his share of voice lesson accompanying in his day. Decent sound and touch, for what it is. But of course th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Original Steinway Ms from 60s -70s by terminaldegree @ 28 minutes 48 seconds ago

If you want to see what's available in the new market, try this tool: http://www.pianobuyer.com/acoustic_database.html I just tried it, putting in ebony finish pianos in sizes of 5'5" to 6'3", with SMP prices of 25-40k, then applied a dis
Jump to new posts Re: Who has The Grandeur from Native Instruments? by login @ 31 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By TonioGood tip. However, it looks like I'd be most interested in the Galaxy Vintage D. A little confusing as it uses the Kontakt Player, but it's not an NI product, but rather, from Galaxy Instruments. I'd certainly try it for 1/2
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice strategies by Stubbie @ 32 minutes 24 seconds ago

1. Have a regular practice time. Having a regular practice time can be difficult for adults, especially working adults. I'm retired, so it shouldn't be a problem, but it still is. My usual practice time is in the evening, but it's my belief that m
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven op. 7 and Brahms op. 116, from concert by ChrisKeys @ 35 minutes 38 seconds ago

Like hreichgott, I, too, always enjoy hearing your performances. They are always top notch, and the Beethoven and Brahms are no exception! One tiny nit: I would have liked the Beethoven first movement to appear just a little less "tame",
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Negative and over critical professor by kristinazx @ 39 minutes 37 seconds ago

I had today some flu so I was very weak whole day and felt pain in my body whole day so some persons here asked me in inbox 'why am I being so negative person and frustrated'. Nice comments but I am trying whole day toget rid of pain from my body. Ob
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What was the range of the pianos played by Mozart and Haydn? by Young Musician @ 43 minutes 35 seconds ago

Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: cracked sound board by David Boyce @ 46 minutes 51 seconds ago

Very few uprights are financially 'worth' restoring, these days. Moral worth is another matter, of course.
Jump to new posts Re: THE best headphones? by Sandbo @ 52 minutes 22 seconds ago

I can share a bit of experience here. I finally decided to settle on a Casio PX-860 which was on sale, over other more expensive models as I realized I maybe too much of a novice to spend too much money at the moment. This time Casio decides to sel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Theme with variations" recital sign-up thread by nhpianos @ 57 minutes 33 seconds ago

Schubert: Sonata Op.42, 2nd movement - Ganddalf Norman Dello Joio: Sonata #3, 1st Movement - Tim Adrianson Gail Kubik: Sonata for Piano, 3rd Movement - Tim Adrianson George Walker: Spatials - Tim Adrianson Leonard Bernstein: Touches - Tim Adrianson T
Originally Posted By PianamateurIt's a bit like having a 3-course dinner with a pork, roast beef and lamb course. I like them all, but even as an avowed carnivore I think I'd like some dessert in there. Or vegetables. Or both. Thank you all so much
Jump to new posts Re: Kreisler - Schon Rosmarin by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 05:26 PM

Very beautiful! I love Kriesler but I've never heard this piece before. Great dynamic control and very romantically played.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reducing my ambitions... by bennevis @ Today at 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDI think that many of us have been through the stage where we were trying to work on material that was beyond our grasp. Alas, some of us have not yet had the wisdom to come out of that stage. When I was young, I worked
Pianist Corner
Okay, people.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano and other isntruments by jjo @ Today at 04:52 PM

I can only talk from a jazz perspective. I play regularly in several groups. I cannot play any other of the other instruments. How much do I know about them? I do two things. When I listen to recordings of tunes in my genre, I will sometimes zer
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My ragtime/stride arrangement of Cantina Band by fingerbreaker @ Today at 04:50 PM

The Force is too strong to stop this video! Here is a new link: https://youtu.be/9Sd5rtRLirA
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Avant Grand N2 question? by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 04:50 PM

According to the salesperson I bought my N1 from, he felt that with the lid open, the N2 sounded too bright. Therefore he recommends leaving it closed. However, I haven't tried it myself so I'm not really sure.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque Themed Recital 2016 Sign Up Thread by gingko2 @ Today at 04:38 PM

Just want to change my selection from Invention 6 to 9. Sign-up list: Carl Philip Emanuel Bach Polonaise in G Minor - BWV Anh. 125 - Zerlina J.S. Bach Goldberg Variations - Aria, BWV 988 - Pianogrlnw Goldberg Variation #13, BWV 988 - Tom Christi
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Any Black Friday/Holiday sales of virtual piano software?
by jocar37
11/25/15 04:40 PM
I made a decision today...
by neciebugs
11/25/15 04:30 PM
How to make advanced piano covers?
by Aly Baracat
11/25/15 04:12 PM
How to learn advanced piano techniques (ex: piano runs)?
by Aly Baracat
11/25/15 04:09 PM
How to remove the squeaky sound of pedals?
by Aly Baracat
11/25/15 04:05 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,545 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,549 Topics
2,469,588 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission