Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
133 registered (Arty Movie, ARpiano, accordeur, AtticCat, Barry1963, 24 invisible), 2356 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing advice? by PianoStudent88 @ 38 seconds ago

For passages with lots of notes, my teacher often has me practice "in rhythms." This means playing the passage in different rhythms than what is written. For example, a passage in sixteenth notes can be played with any of long long short
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Easy, but fast and energetic pieces? by JackMusic @ 1 minute 9 seconds ago

I was given a book called 'Showstoppers!' by my Dad when I was young. It's description is 'Flashy solos for the intermediate to late-intermediate pianist' which is perhaps a touch generous but makes you feel good when you can play them! While the pie
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Packard Serial number / age by Gadzar @ 4 minutes 48 seconds ago

Pierce Piano Atlas says 1929
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My practice app of choice and how I use it by JackMusic @ 6 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By VidI've done something similar but had sections laid out on a piece of paper. Something like "section A = mm. 1 - 4, section B = mm. 5 - 6 etc. with measure numbers determined by what is logical in the music. I would then as
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano replacement by Bob @ 13 minutes 22 seconds ago

You might want to post in the digital piano forum. This forum is for acoustic pianos. Having said that - Casio makes some reasonably priced, light weight, weighted action digital slab pianos with an available carry case.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: iPad or PC Brass, Sax and/or Guitar Sounds by spanishbuddha @ 14 minutes 34 seconds ago

SampleTank has those sounds. Not free though, but low prices compared to many VST's.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by guitarjunior19 @ 15 minutes 51 seconds ago

Thank you so much everyone for the breakdown and confirmation. I am going to dive in and learn\o/
Jump to new posts Best value actions by pinkfloydhomer @ 17 minutes 9 seconds ago

There are a ton of threads discussing whether Grand Feel II, PHA-50 or some other top action is the best, meaning closest to a real grand. But if we limit ourselves to actions below this price range, which are then the best actions? And is the diffe
Jump to new posts kawai cn21 hum noise by TomWu @ 22 minutes 46 seconds ago

Hi guys, I got a Kawai CN21 which is a 110v model and I'm using a 240->110v transformer (200w rated) here in Australia. Yet the Piano got some humming noise, sometimes worse, sometime better. I've tested with another transformer larger size seems
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does a brand new Steinway & Sons model D or B cost??? by pianoloverus @ 23 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:Steinway report that the average buyer of a Steinway has income above 300k/ annum, and that their biggest competitor is used Steinways. Not sure what that's supposed to mean. From my experience and IMHO Steinway's
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 now available in OZ! by HSFlik @ 24 minutes 11 seconds ago

I just want to understand something... If the RD-2000 has a built-in audio interface, does that mean I can hook an RD-2000 up to MainStage via USB, and use the L/R outputs from the RD-2000 itself, using the RD-2000 as a controller? (End goal: Using
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth Boston International Piano Competition by coaster @ 35 minutes 25 seconds ago

I am considering it, but I have an engagement to play Rhapsody in Blue (which is brand new to me) in May. Since WIPAC, I've learned a few new pieces in addition to Rhapsody, but not as many as I would have liked. I've learned Mozart K.332 (2nd &
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Small hands by Vid @ 43 minutes 58 seconds ago

https://sites.google.com/site/instrumentadaptations/piano
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student has another teacher?? by Morodiene @ 47 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By barbaramOriginally Posted By Saranoya I also think that logistics are nothing to be sneezed at. It may not be that one child is doing too much, but that the parents have three others to ferry around, and/or long commutes and com
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My student comes in with a piece.... by Morodiene @ 49 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By SonatainfSharpI just have to step in here and say that I love the URL for this thread... /My_student_comes_in_with_a_pie.html LOL! I would love that. I like pie.
Jump to new posts Re: Logic, Cubase, Mainstage, Komplete 11 Query by ElmerJFudd @ 59 minutes 12 seconds ago

I'll say again, the issue here is wether this is for live performances or production/recording. Mainstage is designed for live performance. Logic (it's sister app) is the DAW and, like many others, rivals Cubase as a production platform - like Pro T
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My new Yamaha B1 Silent SI (modified for full midi) by umby @ 59 minutes 51 seconds ago

Thank you. There is something not clear for me. I cannot find the Jtopiano and Jfrompiano connectors. I think that there is a connector only as indicated on the first your photo and the following photo. [img]https://goo.gl/photos/KDbLYpQXJVCeL
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 Clavinova - any reviews? by Goss @ Today at 05:12 PM

http://www.pianofinders.com/educational/touchweight.htm long story ^^
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard by Dave Horne @ Today at 05:09 PM

I agree with Spanishbudda, the action, while great on paper, leaves something to be desired. On the other hand, if the hybrid pianos from Casio were placed in a restaurant and it was my job to play them, I'd be happy. I just wouldn't want one as my
Adult Beginners Forum
If you're with a teacher it doesn't really matter which method you choose. The 'how' is the important thing not the 'what'. Learning piano is a long enough adventure that you'll be out of method books soon enough and however you get there, you get th
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a DP but need some advice guys. by Timothy-NL @ Today at 05:07 PM

Thank you James. I'm already loving it a lot. This will be my last reply to this thread. But i figured an actual picture of it in my home would be a nice way to close of this chapter . And in all honesty. This probably the best purchase i've made o
Pianist Corner
Hiya fellas. Been quite awhile since I've visited the forums here so I thought I'd share a little bit of what I do at my workplace for our customers in our restaurant at Dobbies Garden Center in Milngavie, Scotland. I started playing the keyboard wh
Originally Posted By KrisLegatoI decided to look for MIDI-to-USB adapter/cable for PC (Windows 10). Price ranges from only few $ to much more as this one here in BestBuy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/rola...2/10265566.aspx My question is, doe
Jump to new posts Re: gig-worthy electric piano speaker questions by ColoRodney @ Today at 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By DukeLeJeuneThank you all VERY MUCH for your input! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to educate me, or at least try to! I have a few follow-up questions: 1. With a vertical array speaker like the JBL Eon One, or
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova clp-950 stopped working. by ELAD1990 @ Today at 04:45 PM

it's weird these boards don't come coated with that kind of protection from the factory.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best value actions
by pinkfloydhomer
02/20/17 05:55 PM
kawai cn21 hum noise
by TomWu
02/20/17 05:49 PM
Practicing advice?
by sara elizabeth
02/20/17 05:45 PM
My recent Interview at my work playing the piano
by Sam4
02/20/17 05:03 PM
iPad or PC Brass, Sax and/or Guitar Sounds
by newbert
02/20/17 05:03 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,738 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,613 Topics
2,600,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission