Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
155 registered (AndreaH, ambrozy, accordeur, Amusingprofessor, ando, alwatson, 48 invisible), 1781 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Keep open your sheet music. But how? by Dscally @ 2 minutes 36 seconds ago

Hi all. A simple cry for help: what is your tip for keeping open glued music books that just want to snap shut? Years ago we had a piano with two hooks on the note stand, which you turned up. Practical. These hooks seem to be completely out of fashi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are you shy when playing in piano showrooms? by pianoloverus @ 10 minutes 27 seconds ago

I usually test the high end grands by playing Great Balls of Fire so I guess I'm not shy.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Learning to play piano :) 2 videos recorded by Isabelle1949 @ 11 minutes 46 seconds ago

Suggestion: practice the harmony and block the arpeggiated left hand. Practice this everyday, then play as written. Have both hands in position before playing. You are going to do very well. I wish you the best.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Eclipse of Sorrow" by Isabelle1949 @ 15 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By DanijelcroMy new piano composition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI6eYFuXro Composed by Danijel Kovacic Recorded in VSTi "Gentleman" piano Download piano sheet: http://www.filedropper.com/eclipseofsorrow I like i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Splicing a bass string that's too short by Gerry Johnston @ 15 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BourniplusThanks to all who responded. Those who have put a splice in the speaking length, when you remove some of the winding, doesn't it tend to unwind later on? No. A short section of the core wire, approximately 1", is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acoustics in piano showrooms by pianoloverus @ 19 minutes 23 seconds ago

Of course touch affects tone and vice versa. It doesn't matter if it's only the perception of touch to the person playing the instrument. Probably impossible to tell if it's only perception unless a tech starts taking measurements.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The genious of Dudley Moore - A Beethoven sonata parody by WhoDwaldi @ 20 minutes 2 seconds ago

He collaborated with Sir Georg Solti for a BBC series in the early 90s that wasn't a dilletante romp.
Jump to new posts Re: On down and up weight by WilliamTruitt @ 20 minutes 57 seconds ago

You are a clever fellow, Beemer. I tip my hat to you Will
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Bought an old Roland RD-700 by impulse, feeling stupid! by TheodorN @ 21 minutes 55 seconds ago

In the first video, the pianist (vkgoeswild) is playing a Roland RD700-GX. In the second one, also from vkgoeswild, the model number is not readable, but in her latest videos, she seems to be playing the same instrument, and it has some letters after
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by dogperson @ 22 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By JoelWMozart pianists are bad at Mozart. Joel, do you consider this bad Mozart? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4FRmVbiAg Or this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oeKz91fRkU
Jump to new posts Re: Not a piano but.... by Oasismfg @ 30 minutes 29 seconds ago

Try wiping varnish, it's super easy. Typical recipe is 1/3 oil based varnish, 1/3 boiled linseed oil, 1/3 turpentine or mineral spirits. Wipe on thin with a saturated rag, one coat a day unit you have the thickness you want. Seal the pores in the
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hymn: Your Grace & Mercy by charleslang @ 38 minutes 49 seconds ago

It sounds like you successfully get the gospel sound. Suggestions for improvements: The level on the mic is clipping; also Aeasha in a couple of moments is flat.
I visited my local Kawai dealer last Autumn and sat down for a good couple of hours playing the CA67, CA97 and the CS7 (Alongside several Yamaha's too) and after blind testing all 3 Kawai instruments, I settled on the CS7. I thought it was very simil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: May Piano Bar by Riddler @ 46 minutes 8 seconds ago

Choo Choo, that was lovely. It really did seem to have a light, airy, drifting feeling. You are good with the left hand stuff, so essential on a piece like this. Gotta hand it to ya, Bill, you really are an excellent accompanist, with so many ways t
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq Steinway Model B by mcoll @ 47 minutes 10 seconds ago

@slobajudge. OK, I gave it a try. I only had the possibility to test it on headphones, due to the late time. A couple of conclusions: 1. I don't see myself playing around with the microphones too much, although one doesn't have to, he just has to fid
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- Call For Submissions by earlofmar @ 49 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By MeddenIn at 21, With room for improvement. I have been learning that piece "room for improvement" for years and it's still not getting any better, hope your version is better.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scam symptoms by iLaw @ Today at 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79 But if you cashed it anonymously, the bank has nobody to tell it was a fake. How do you cash a check anonymously? Your name is listed as the payee on the front and you've signed it on the back. You've undoubtedly pr
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem Parents by wouter79 @ Today at 04:43 PM

You can always kick students if they frustrate you too much. But I would not bother too much. Maybe you should not expect too much from your students. As long as they pay and you can do your work...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Yamaha GC2 by besisubo @ Today at 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By tuffyJust some info about Costco events: They don't bring every piano that they have to the show at Costco. You need to ask. I think the highest models they go to is the GC models. I was at a Costco Yamaha piano display r
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Copyright question by saratogaUSA @ Today at 04:41 PM

I am thinking to create a fake book which will contain only lead sheet and chords nothing more.. it will not be a arrangement book.. should I have to request necessary permissions for every song? (for publishing)
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Ghost Cruise & Lighthouse Tour - Aug 19 - Rye NH by Piano World @ Today at 04:39 PM

I know this is way off our usual piano/music topics but Kathy and I are going on this cruise. I thought I'd post about it in case any others might want to join us.
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Men Can Fix Anything by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 04:39 PM

oh my
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia 168 vs Shigeru Kawai SK-2 by Norbert @ Today at 04:37 PM

Markus: Please let me be the first one to congratulate you to your [future] buy! As said before, both are excellent instruments wit slightly varying appeal. Just pick the one that suits you best! cheers, Norbert
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: What Animals Do When You're Not Home by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 04:31 PM

LOL
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts 50 classical puns by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 04:29 PM

https://www.facebook.com/filmelodic/videos/1734294083481389/ pretty fun indeed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Keep open your sheet music. But how?
by Dscally
05/04/16 05:45 PM
Copyright question
by saratogaUSA
05/04/16 04:41 PM
Yamaha U3 vs Samick Sig 50
by chouinam
05/04/16 04:29 PM
Acoustics in piano showrooms
by twocats
05/04/16 03:02 PM
jazz fantasy on mozart
by Thepianist0606
05/04/16 01:56 PM
Forum Stats
83,505 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,403 Topics
2,521,214 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission