Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
87 registered (bennevis, Bortholomew, beet31425, beeboss, 36251, 28 invisible), 1700 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Such wide chords happen a lot in late romantic composers, etc. Skriabin had rather small hands and wrote tons of such things without waved marks or similar signs. So if the composer himself can't physically play as written, the pianist is certainly n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about VAT by Michiyo-Fir @ 11 minutes 58 seconds ago

According to Steinway London, they can't sell me the a piano without me paying the VAT at the store and then claiming it through the government. Even if it is being sent outside the UK to my destination. I can't remember the exact reason though as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano related goals…. by jotur @ 17 minutes 45 seconds ago

This is so cool -
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Practice Help by dogperson @ 22 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By USMCGRUNTWow.... Thank you all very much for such great responses. I read and absorbed everyone's thoughts on playing something I set out to do, but failed because of my laziness. I am going to try my absolute best to take 30 mi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann PE-187 vs Seiler ED-186 vs Cunningham Parlour by Music Me @ 25 minutes 21 seconds ago

You owe it to yourself to play a Cunningham Parlour Grand. I own one. Bought it from Cunningham Piano. Peter O'Connor was my sales person. My piano "sings".
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by MossySF @ 29 minutes 25 seconds ago

Visually, that does look like another sample layer. I guess the next question is whether on a real acoustic Kawai these samples were recorded from, do you need to do a karate chop to hit those notes? Of course, this is the problem with sampling (ve
Coincidentally, I posted just the other day about a similar finding with a 6-year-old Yamaha CP50. I've been using $25 Sennheiser HD 201s for practice, and eventually it really bothered me that they were so quiet I often had to max out the master vol
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450 by Charles Cohen @ Today at 07:58 PM

Try that on an acoustic, it'll sound the same. It's the sound of the dampers lifting off the whole harp at once.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Pianoperformance @ Today at 07:57 PM

Good advice...re carol practice...I messed up last year on timing too.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drilling Tuning Pins on a Kranich and Bach "Violyn Plate" by Chuck Behm, CPT-E @ Today at 07:48 PM

Reading back through your post, I'm thinking your pinblock is slanting opposite to what the one in the photo is. If so, a different situation altogether. Chuck
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Kawai James @ Today at 07:34 PM

Hello Willem, welcome to the forum and thank you for purchasing the ES8. As ColoRodney and 9190 correctly note, the ES8 does not support capturing external Line In audio via the instrument's MP3/WAV recorder - only the internally generated sounds wi
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Lacrimoso Waltz by JoelW @ Today at 07:19 PM

Exceptional! You've composed a real gem here. Is there a score? I would love to use this to teach my students, if that's okay with you. The progressions are so evocative of sorrow. I can imagine a widow staring out the window on a cold winter night r
Originally Posted By Macy Can you explain more about why a Yamaha SH silent optical system (for instance) causes action regulation issues. There's a grayscale grating that attaches to the keys but its weight must be negligible. There's also optical
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by Carey @ Today at 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By Steph4I bought a new Kawai 506 (Ebony Satin). I think it will be good for lessons for my younger kids and I like the way it looks. I honestly did like the sound of the Essex, but we can always upgrade to something more substantia
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha NU-1 questions by spanishbuddha @ Today at 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By Dave HorneOK so I have an NU1, nearly four years now, and I have a (free) extended warranty for 5 years, and intend to call Yamaha out before those 5 years are up to service it, regulate the action and upgrade the firmware. The a
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My rendition of Fur Elise by pianoloverus @ Today at 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By SergeidaveI was tempted to try it a bit faster as well, but I had been experiencing horrible unevenness in my fingers while playing that fast middle section, that I just slowed it down to the point where it was somewhat decent. B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by Miguel Rey @ Today at 06:04 PM

Factor for 20% . Divide by 1.2 10,000/1.2= 8333.33 Spoke to a few dealers who never mentioned about only partial amount being returned so I would be interested to hear what Phillip is talking about.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by SwissMS @ Today at 05:32 PM

ajames - That is quite a record!! I will add your excused dates.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Sweeping ? by Farmerjones @ Today at 05:24 PM

descending or ascending arpeggio runs. A scalar run would be the notes of a particular scale: A chromatic run would be the notes of the chromatic scale. A pentatonic run would be the notes of a pentatonic scale. A multi-octave or poly-octave run
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Metronome Recommendations by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDSlightly off topic: In a biography of Scriabin that I am currently reading the author comments on a rare recording that Scriabin made and how he (Scriabin), while observing rubato, "averages out" to comply with t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXkeeping hands together during "ragged time" BrianDX, what do you mean by "ragged time"?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music for 20th Century Songs by prout @ Today at 04:22 PM

The 'New York Times Gershwin Years In Song' has 323 pages of Gershwin songs. They are unedited original scores as Gershwin wrote them, including many piano solo arrangements that Gerwshwin created of his own songs. It is available from Amazon and el
Jump to new posts Re: Look at my homepage by David Boyce @ Today at 02:42 PM

Some years ago I obtained a book of four-hands Gottschalk sheet music for two two retired friends who got together once a week to play duets. I forget whence I obtained it!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz melodica - tutorial by Nahum @ Today at 02:35 PM

Start improvising There are plenty of various manuals and self-teaching books for studying jazz harmony, improvisation in jazz style, blues, country etc. Some of them are very basic and primitive, and some are on a high academic level. But all are b
Jump to new posts Re: Old Steinway upright- double flanges- question by Nathan Monteleone @ Today at 02:32 PM

In the US at least you can get them from Schaff...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Drilling Tuning Pins on a Kranich and Bach "Violyn Plate"
by Prodigal Son
Today at 07:03 PM
Roland FP-30 and headphones - read if you want to buy one !!
by Misiak
Today at 06:13 PM
Brodmann PE-187 vs Seiler ED-186 vs Cunningham Parlour
by Pneuma
Today at 03:43 PM
Sheet music for 20th Century Songs
by DiarmuidD
Today at 01:35 PM
What song is this?
by Pneuma
Today at 12:58 PM
Forum Stats
85,090 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,395 Topics
2,558,874 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission