Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
140 registered (ajames, accordeur, AmateurBob, A Guy, 36251, Alexander Borro, 36 invisible), 1740 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Kennjazz..... Thank you for your contribution.....nice, I like it..... PW-members.....do you have more ideas for Christmasmusic..........? Regards, Johan B
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Some observations about digital piano by peterws @ 7 minutes 23 seconds ago

Try playing a kit of drums. The noise generated is boomy and nothing like whatyou hear on records, or even when listening tto a good live drummer in say, a gig with his band. The same applies to electric bass, or guitar. The raw sound is what you
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Sound Module for iPad by fizikisto @ 8 minutes 7 seconds ago

watched a bit of the demo, seems impressive for the cost.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: hreichgottI agree with verqueue. Just give us some things you'd like to play. Guarnieri sounds like a great idea to me. We may end up with a lot of Romantic and late Romantic on the program, so something 20th c. would be nice.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Thanksgiving by cefinow @ 25 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gooddogThey are preparing quite a feast.. . Of course that sets the stage for the next day's menu as well. Yesterday I felt certain that I would like nothing better than a few days of dried bread crusts and water to follow the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B by Norbert @ 35 minutes 31 seconds ago

Quote:Thanks for the picture. The bridge pin pattern shown in your photo is well done. It is different from the Grotrians that I have seen with failed bridges. It also does not have the horizontally laminated bridge. It would be nice if technicians
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts A piano is a "value proposition". by turandot @ 42 minutes 29 seconds ago

Apparently, Ogilvy and Mather sees things this way, and their client -- Synchrony Financial -- is marching to a Bach tune. Of course it's all about image, but still, association with a fairly clean financial services provider brings the piano's ima
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by McBuster @ 42 minutes 44 seconds ago

Just some info. Who knows why two identical items may sound different. Others on the Forum have experienced that. I did when I played the 95 at The Dealer. It was everything mine should be. I have also been clear on the G above Middle C soundi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 36 --- General Discussion Room by BrianDX @ 48 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: barbaram39. BrianDX - Lunar Eclipse This works very well indeed solo, but it would be lovely to hear the duet! You are progressing really well, this is nicely balanced and sounds very confident! Thanks for the complement! I tr
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5 by jtsn @ 58 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: R_Bbut why pass on a deal ? Passing "deals" is what actually saves the biggest amount money, simple as that. Pianoteq 5 PRO only adds note-by-note edit and 192 kHz audio to Standard. Neither of that is needed for jus
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: rysowersOur shop charges about $1200 for a set of bass strings - that includes making the pattern, installing strings and tuning pins, and several follow up tunings, because it can take a year before they start to settle down.
Pianist Corner
The reason I got the Simrock is because it comes with both clarinet and viola parts. Not every edition does.
Piano Forum
Quote:That said, I'll bet there are Steinways, Bluthners, Bechsteins, that have for some reason needed full rebuilds after 10 years, and there'll be that Brodmann or Wendl und Lung piano out there somewhere that has been beaten to heck in a practice
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1875 legs and lyre where to get? by Larry Hofer @ Today at 12:01 PM

There is a set of the legs you are looking for on Ebay right now. Search "Steinway Legs" and you will find them. I see legs like this not often, but every now and then on Ebay. I think a lot of these case style pianos from Steinway and oth
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Blüthner by mautique @ Today at 11:57 AM

Very nice playing Joe! You made it seems easy but this is a very very hard piece to play.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2? by Brendan @ Today at 11:53 AM

IMO, they both have problems as compositions and can sound truly dreadful in the wrong hands. I've heard performances of both that sounded like people were playing with frying pans for hands. With the right player, they can be truly magisterial wor
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help for this student.... Notes! by Nahum @ Today at 11:51 AM

I see a very good feasibility to help, if you use the melodca . The keyboard differs only in size, all the notes in the range of 2.5 octaves are the same. He canlearn the same tunes in the right hand. The main difference: he can play sitting or stan
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 Rumours? by Marcos Daniel @ Today at 11:36 AM

Chopin op. 23 is worthy of being book binded...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really possible to ignore fingerings? by pianoloverus @ Today at 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: wrI also have a particular problem when multiple fingering choices are given - I can choose to use one, but the other is often distracting in weird ways. I really HATE some of Godowsky's scores that have entire stacks of finger
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by Johan B @ Today at 11:27 AM

28 november This morning driving to my work I heard from a classic radiostation Bach French Suite nr2 and after that the first two songs from Dichterliebe of Schumann. This afternoon arriving home, guess what I played first.....sometimes this radio
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI in on a Kawai VPC-1... by MacMacMac @ Today at 11:15 AM

Too bad. The MIDI thru would have solved the OP's issue.Originally Posted By: Frédéric L... the VPC1 has 2 MIDI ports : IN and OUT ...
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by ChoPraTs @ Today at 11:13 AM

Thanks Abby! I'm thinking just to cut off 4 centimetres. Now, the top of the keys with the Kawai MP11 and the K&M 18950 without customization it's at 75,5 cm. I've compared with acoustic pianos and the keys of all of them are at 71 or 72 cm from
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: You must remember this... by JoelW @ Today at 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: LarryShonePlay it Sam
Pianist Corner
I give the alternative link, File factory - does not work well: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5xn11vw8823ta35/AP_DP.mp3
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Nahum @ Today at 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Polishook Nahum, I tried to listen to your recording but FileFactory won't let me download it. Maybe you could upload it somewhere else? .... FileFactory actually never seems to work for me. But I'd rather listen to your r
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A piano is a "value proposition".
by turandot
38 minutes 9 seconds ago
How Old should Bass Strings be Before You Replace Them?
by Paul678
Today at 11:03 AM
My Blüthner
by joe80
Today at 10:30 AM
What to teach before transferring to a jazz teacher
by hreichgott
Today at 10:06 AM
Neo-soul keys on Steinberg's half-price sale
by dire tonic
Today at 09:13 AM
Forum Stats
77074 Members
42 Forums
159418 Topics
2341819 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission