Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
81 registered (Beakybird, agraffe, Andriuska, 20 invisible), 1854 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Verdigris in windings of bass strings. A remedy? by Hemloch @ 6 minutes 56 seconds ago

Yes, it is. The strings in question, if I remember them well enough, were the bottom 8 bass strings. all of them were very dull to play, nearly dead. Their windings were covered in a rather heavy coating of GREEN deposit for about 8 - 12 inches exten
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by brooster @ 15 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By JHbackingtracks Does this mean we might stand a chance of getting some supernatural acoustic orchestral sounds!? ... The old PCM strings and brass is what's put me off RD's recently, and I was considering a Integra 7 for some tim
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WTC Favorites by johnlewisgrant @ 32 minutes 30 seconds ago

C# minor P&F, (#4) both books B Minor Fugue (#24) Bk 1 Quirky F Minor Prelude (#12) Bk 2 F Minor P&F (#12) Book 1 ...to mention only a few. If forced to choose only two piano recordings: Richter Bk 1 (Russian 72ish recording, although the R
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by outo @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

I know how you feel. My problem areas are different, but persistent as well. I think it is important to first realize and accept that despite of what people often try to claim we are not equally equipped for this activity. It's not necessarily a matt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: protective piano film by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

That's actually a good idea. You could use just about any removable film that comes on a roll. It's not cheap but works and removes with ease, can even be re-used. Check out ULINE or Grainger.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Encouraging children to practice by hello my name is @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

I don't love outward incentives too, because what you really want to instill is that inside incentive. I like what you said about how many days and how the difference shows.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Thank you Carlos. Yes, the MP7 is more suited as a MIDI controller than the ES8, although the keyboard action is one generation older (RHII compared to RHIII, with the added counterweights). Kind regards, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stung by YouTube! by johnlewisgrant @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Re Pic, I think that church was in Florence, although I couldn't say for sure. No shortage of chapels and churches in that part of the world. I just take the pic and promptly forget about where and when!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 Thread by KawaiDon @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

A small warning to those coming to NAMM: bring your umbrella! It has been a wet year, and we are expecting plenty of rain through Sunday. Come see the special Kawai 90th anniversary 6 1/2 foot Plexiglass piano!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner Piano recommendations by LS35A @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Craigs list. Used acoustic piano.
Hello RickardNi, Thank you for the update. Reading your initial post on this matter, then listening to the recording on SoundCloud I was also wondering about a possible sensor/timing issue. This appears to be supported by your clarification post,
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By StellariaOriginally Posted By LS35AWhen I finished the Alfred Book One I started the 'full edition' of Rachel Jimenez 'Fundamental Keys'. Best fifteen bucks I ever spent in my life. Ever. It's a fabulous book - so much good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 YEARS of Piano World! by RickG1 @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Frank, congrats on the site and I also want to express my thanks to you as I have learned SO much from this forum. I also have met a few members and visited piano stores that I would have not known existed. I wish you continued success and
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Synthesia by hello my name is @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Any of your beginner students use this or any other DDR-type game where they "play" piano? I found out that my teenager was using something similar over winter break to "play piano." I told him that those games are fun but th
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-900...? :) by sullivang @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

Armchair comment: I reckon the '800's APs sound better. :P Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano H1 Unboxing Video & 1st Impressions by Markarian @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Wow, thanks for watching, everyone. ESS: Thanks for the heads-up on the USB key. I gotta say I'm just as PO'ed that Viscount didn't make it clear on their site that the editor was not free than that they charge for it in the first place. There's no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help Identifying a Piece by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

I don't think it's just improv. Not sure what it is, but at least after the very first bit, it has the impression of some Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody, and it could be that the first bit is some fragments (or derivatives of fragments) of that same piece.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "I" and "We" Composers by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

There are a lot of people who get out of their depth when they try to explain something that is not easy to explain. If you really want to know what he meant, ask him!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 Custom Cabinet by Strat @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

No updates???
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Key Signatures by malkin @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

It kind of depends on your level. Are you working with a teacher or using structured self-teaching materials?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Sound by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Your present tuner may not understand what you are describing. If his/her tunings have sounded like what you expect, he/she should be able to give you this on your new piano. But quite frankly, very new pianos do not stay in tune long. It takes a co
Originally Posted By Kawai James If you have not done so already, you may wish to try PM-ing Jay for some suggestions, along with contacting Roland support, of course. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll wait for a bit. I have two USB-adapters com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what can be said of a 20 year old Baldwin grand? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

I agree with Keith and Sam. Do have your technician check the glue joints between the soundboard and the rim and the soundboard and the bridge. I have seen a few Baldwin boo boo's here.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by Ted @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

My piano has a heavy touch, especially after the action was rebuilt, but I have found that a few minutes a day on my Virgil Practice Clavier on about eight ounces eliminated any difficulty. Exactly how to go about it is important though, because care
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Best digital piano for classical pianist? The setup this guy has here - Yamaha AvantGrand Garritan CFX Apple iMac Apogee One My teacher who cannot practice on her Steinway after 8pm at night uses the VPC1, and she likes it. My only smal
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Synthesia
by hello my name is
01/18/17 10:49 PM
Totally and Completely Discouraged
by grburgess
01/18/17 10:30 PM
Key Signatures
by ee375
01/18/17 09:53 PM
Stung by YouTube!
by johnlewisgrant
01/18/17 09:35 PM
protective piano film
by ivorytickler76
01/18/17 09:20 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,284 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,852 Topics
2,589,779 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission