Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (AndreaS85, Amosdoll, AZNpiano, 16 invisible), 1114 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: new Yamaha P-105, headphones don't turn off speakers by MartasK @ 5 minutes 44 seconds ago

As for DGX, you are both right. Peterws is talking about Speakers Control, you about Midi Control, both available in DGX650, controlled via menu. I ocasionally use both. Unfortunately for OP , P105 does not have speakers control, I also think that th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by keystring @ 6 minutes 35 seconds ago

Saranoya, I'm glad for the dialogue and the chance to put our collective heads together. Originally Posted By SaranoyaThe problem, as I see it, is this: you want every (adult) beginner to "state his/her goals" at the outset. But most true b
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Beginner Digital Piano Recommendations by MrCurlz @ 12 minutes 45 seconds ago

Hello! I have £400 ($600) saved up which I will buy a piano with. However it has to be a digital piano which is portable (So I can take it to my university dorm in a few months). I have the Yamaha p105 in mind but since my knowledge is limited I wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm playing a new song. I'd like your opinion on it! by Dan Oliveira @ 13 minutes 14 seconds ago

Awesome!
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Greg? Can you check again? New file, new video on a new youtube link...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance For A Complete Beginner by AndreaS85 @ 25 minutes 6 seconds ago

I think the idea that you cant learn piano without an in person piano lesson is BS online lessons or the alfred series is a good idea for a start. a person can learn alot with that. I wont have an in person piano lesson as long as I live where I do
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] Bloodborne - Lullaby For Mergo (On PIANO!) by Amosdoll @ 47 minutes 6 seconds ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOUWVUoh0pE
Piano Forum
I bought my Mason & Hamlin A when it was 57 years old, which it had spent in the original owner's home, where I suspect that it got no more than household use. I knew even when I bought it that it would need a lot of work. I rebuilt the action, a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed by Phil Greenough @ Today at 02:51 AM

OK, I give in to all the good advice. I shall have to continue with my DP until I move home, or win the lottery. 😉 Phil
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult tutor books by musicpassion @ Today at 02:40 AM

The Adult Piano Adventure series (Faber) is a good option. Another option is the Alfred's adult series. However depending on the adult I sometimes prefer to use Piano Town. This series isn't designed for adults, but if the adult is willing to ac
Jump to new posts Re: CUBASE by dire tonic @ Today at 02:40 AM

- did you try opening the cpr file I uploaded a few posts back? In the inspector, in the field just below the label 'no track preset', what does it show?
Jump to new posts Re: Life span of a digital piano by 8 Octaves @ Today at 02:32 AM

It's much simpler issue than you think. The maximum life of a product is its warranty period + however long the company would carry parts in its inventory. The more expensive a product, the longer that is, up to about 10 years. The more entry leve
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Am I being "bad" by not memorizing pieces? by toyboy @ Today at 02:30 AM

Seconded. Nice to know that Tommasini has my back covered!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sensation Rag by Erik BerikHerik @ Today at 02:27 AM

thx everyone for the feedback. makes me very happy you like it! Also yes I will remove the glass in the future.. this piano deserves better. @TrevorM Nope Im still using piano marvel for this one. And I will keep using it. Im doing a lot of the exc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi im NEW by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:19 AM

Quote: . . . i can say it not imposible but its crazy freaking hard . . . Yes, that's how I feel. And I have a teacher, and a decent digital piano, and about 8 years of piano study when I was young. I'm making up for 40 years of "no practi
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Motif in A by JoelW @ Today at 12:38 AM

Sort of a weird little piece in 5/4 that I wrote the other day. I called it Motif because I can think of no other appropriate name. The score is rather minimalistic because I want to leave most things up to the interpreter. I don't believe in muddy
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by soundsquire @ Today at 12:33 AM

My apologies. Electronic Dance Music or EDM in some cases is produced primarily "in the box". This means entire albums are produced using just MIDI programmed tracks driving virtual instruments and/or loops on the computer. Side chainin
Piano Forum
I'm glad I can tune my own piano= although I'm on pins and needles when I do and will probably call in a tech if I break a string. I'm finding the frequency is settling down as I go- When I started last Fall, I had to retune several times- the last
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used) by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

I responded to this post on the Piano forum.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: K3 or U1 by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

As long as the dealer an authorized one (for purposes of warranty coverage), there shouldn't be any issues, no. If you're concerned, compare the performance of this piano against the newer version K300 in the same store.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Looking forward to reading it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a place to practice piano in Washington DC by Tickle88ivory @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Yeah definitely call Levine. I used to teach there and they could probably offer something if you have flexibility on the time- Saturdays are really busy from about 9am-4pm (and they have a number of nice instruments...) Some of the churches also h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Check out this keyboard! by iLaw @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By 88Key_PianoPlayer I would like a Steinbuhler version of that one. Seriously. If anybody could build one of these and fit it to a modern grand, it would be David Steinbuhler. I'd give a lot to spend a month or so with that keybo
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai 'Touch Notation' iOS app now available by siros @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

The apps are not available in Thailand store.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

For comparison Colorized external recording ...Zoom camera ANDANTE COLORIZED 4 17 15 from Tempo Primo on Vimeo. To earliest recording Earliest recording   Andante 3 22 15 First section from Tempo Primo on Vimeo.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beginner Digital Piano Recommendations
by MrCurlz
04/18/15 04:07 AM
adult tutor books
by lovepianoteaching
04/18/15 12:44 AM
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
04/17/15 10:19 PM
Hi im NEW
by DigitalC
04/17/15 09:42 PM
I want to publish a thank you. Please check.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
04/17/15 08:55 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,322 Topics
2,397,202 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission