Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
68 registered (Alux, armani, 17 invisible), 901 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should I do now? by Maximillyan @ 1 minute 29 seconds ago

Thank sirs for yours moral support .I'm really not going to " to butt heads" with Russian technicians there. Better to go and bring joy to people through my own trial and error and learning the craft, as noted by David ,I suppose
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Gershwin concerto in F (transcribed) by phantomFive @ 9 minutes 38 seconds ago

Excellent. If no one expresses a more strong desire, I shall send it to you.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Estonia-arrival-to-my-house by PianissiGretto @ 10 minutes 53 seconds ago

Estonia L210 arrival to my house
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Follow-up on the Ukrainian satirist's Toronto concerts by phantomFive @ 11 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Mark_CI don't think her views have nuance or clarity. The way she expressed it shows (IMO) scattershot hysteria, very partial knowledge (it seems a mile deep but only an inch wide -- which is the opposite of the usual cliche), an
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - The Wild Horseman by pv88 @ 39 minutes 45 seconds ago

Why post a recording and deliberately "laugh" about/at it? "Laugh" = It reeks of blatant conceit and vanity... (i.e., an inflated "ego" problem) Extra note: Would like to hear Mark_C's professional advice on this.
Jump to new posts Re: Me and my son... by Michael Sayers @ 42 minutes 37 seconds ago

Hi Nikolas, Greece will never be done for - what may be done for, and perhaps with Greece as the first country which will exit, is the Euro currency project. I actually don't think Greece will begin to default come June 5 . . . but if it does, then
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Gabriel Morel by musicpassion @ Today at 02:04 AM

I'm looking for biographical information (or any other info) for the composer Gabriel Morel. I ran across some of his music and am not familiar with him.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Gabriel Morel composer info by musicpassion @ Today at 02:01 AM

I'm looking for biographical (or other) information about the composer Gabriel Morel. There was a free music giveaway from an old music teacher's library and I found a few pieces by Morel.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practiceopedia Illustrated Guide to Practice by LarryMan @ Today at 01:34 AM

Thanks for the info What benefits you got from them rhythm book?
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart Piano Concerto no. 23 by pv88 @ Today at 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By SaffetI removed the block on YouTube for 2nd mvt so are you able to watch now? Let me know. No, it is still blocked, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgIN5Ue3O0w&feature=youtu.be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Valencia @ Today at 01:09 AM

My next piece is Sonatina 1st Movement by Edward Elgar. Not sure which number this is on my list and I'm too lazy right now to find my last post, so I'll just post the piece and update my list next time. https://app.box.com/s/5oqulgflxyzeu8gzjj16v
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are some cool piano facebook groups? by earlofmar @ Today at 01:05 AM

darn, I know I am too nice, my first greeting should always be "are you a robot beginner pianist"?
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Chuck Watsonhttp://postimg.org/image/f4yfy9pel/ Better check those pedals as they appear to be directly contacting (and are flush into) the carpet. Question: Can the pedals be depressed as such and do they work?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: need opinions and advice on composing by Groove On @ Today at 12:54 AM

General fields of study for music composition: MelodyHarmonyCounter-pointOrchestrationMusical FormsI've been going through this beginner composition website Art Of Composing. It's a paid site, but the free intro 101 class and free podcasts might answ
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: piece in the French, Russian style by Firefinch by jackdeaton20 @ Today at 12:43 AM

wow Finch, This is something to talk about right here sir. very beautiful, heartfelt and kinda sad. I have 3 questions, 1. where did this come from? 2. how long did it take you to perfect this? 3. can you give me a PDF of this by any chance?
Adult Beginners Forum
Casinitaly sorry for the late reply. My exam isn't until November but I have to prepare six pieces and that is only my second one so still a long way to go.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to piano after 11 year absence by raskdog @ Today at 12:35 AM

I lost my younger brother in a car accident so empathise with your loss. Hope the piano provides an outlet for your grief and sorrow as it did mine, as well as gives you lots of joy and happiness, as it did me as well.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
How about no?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: √Čtude in D# minor by Bullard @ Today at 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseMr. Bull ... ... ard As, a profes-sional journal-ist ... extreme...ly susceptable to the, use, of elipses, I , would --under normal, circum-stance-s be more for-giv-ing ..., But Mr. Bull ... . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler and Campbell SKG-600s opinions please by ThePawn @ Today at 12:26 AM

Ed, Thank you for your reply. I always enjoy reading your posts and certainly value your insight. What would you recommend hammer wise? Can you ballpark how much it would cost to get a skilled tone regulator/rebuilder to install new hammers and g
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you identify this baby grand? by pv88 @ Today at 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLIt looks like noisy furniture.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What did you practise today? by Batuhan @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

chopin waltz op 34 no 1, op 34 no 3, etude op 25 no 6 and liszt Trauervorspiel und Trauermarsch, S.206
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Octaves & small hands - sometimes the solution is so simple! by LaReginadellaNotte @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Regarding the wrist vs. forearm debate, I think it's clear that both the hand and the forearm should move during octave playing. Movement should be minimal (as superfluous movement will obviously slow you down), but the forearm shouldn't be complete
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts ColorizedChopin1849 by Batuhan by Batuhan @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

famous photo of Chopin by Bisson retouched.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whisper project - things learned, thoughts discussions by keystring @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistThat's interesting, keystring. Did you like the ambiguity, or do you think I should have made the rhythm clearer by accenting notes more? I don't know. It has to work. Does it work? And if it doesn't work (for othe
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Gabriel Morel
by musicpassion
Today at 02:04 AM
Gabriel Morel composer info
by musicpassion
Today at 02:01 AM
Blues piano method books
by Stabby
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
Chickering Concert Grand Piano approx 1853
by Chuck Watson
Yesterday at 05:17 PM
Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live
by Visalia
Yesterday at 04:10 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,466 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,435 Topics
2,412,380 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission