Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (Aly Baracat, accordeur, ADWyatt, AmateurBob, Al LaPorte, 33 invisible), 1330 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about hymnal to practice (sight)reading by David Farley @ 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By PlowboyI use the Methodist hymnal for sightreading. It's easy to read and the various cross-referenced indices are nice. The tunes are very pretty. I second that recommendation. I have the keyboard edition that comes in a 7-ri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by rocket88 @ 3 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Oongawa So, I would go with "A" except I would reverse "the orientation of the piano so that the player can see the audience and the window. That is, put the bench, not the tail, closest to the 11' wall. But tha
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student Q: Do "Non-Taubman" Teachers teach Forearm Rotation? by JohnSprung @ 6 minutes 31 seconds ago

Here's the John Mortensen video on rotation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g-pgsSZCIY&list=PL753730BB176690A0&index=4 He came to the same conclusion independently of Taubman. I thought I was in that same toss it all and start over boa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the saddest piano song that you have ever heard? by Cheeto717 @ 9 minutes 55 seconds ago

There have been many pieces of music that made me sad but few have brought me to tears. The Rach elegie in Eb minor is one of those. Also the second movement of Beethoven's G major concerto and second movement of Chopin F minor concerto
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for book of classic film music? by JohnSprung @ 16 minutes 29 seconds ago

Someone over on ABF a few month back posted a fairly advanced arrangement of Over the Rainbow, and a reference to the book it came from. I wish I'd made a note of it. One problem with movie music is that if it's written for the film, it'll usually
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiiii Everyone , Kyfran54 présentation :D by ADWyatt @ 24 minutes 52 seconds ago

Francky, you show really top-rate talent for bringing the music out of the piano, which is what playing is all about. I especially like how calm your hands are, and so I think you would be a welcome student for a teacher. I'm jealous of you, as my ha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Leeds International Piano Competition 2015 by pianoloverus @ 25 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By HakkiOriginally Posted By SiFiThis is all I've been able to find in the way of video and it's pretty pathetic: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/wh...tarts-1-7430404 Meh, seems that we are not missing much. Only some of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easiest Philip Wesley Piece? by Qazsedcft @ 35 minutes 38 seconds ago

The whole sonata or just the first movement? If you can play the third movement you're pretty advanced. Anyway, if you like that kind of music check out Ludovico Einaudi as well.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Gael C @ 36 minutes 10 seconds ago

Hello everybody, I have some questions for Jay and would like to share some comments on the new LX / HP line. First off, that's a question I already asked but I think you missed it because you were on vacation at that time. 1) Is the full midi sig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it important for my fingers to stay on the keys? by JohnSprung @ 42 minutes 52 seconds ago

Here's the John Mortensen pinky problems video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKdmVkb5Ro&index=6&list=PL753730BB176690A0
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about 25 preludes of Burgmuller by Qazsedcft @ 52 minutes 14 seconds ago

I think that title refers to all of them in general. They start out easy and progressively get more difficult. Of course, "easy" is a relative term. Number 4 has scales in thirds at 152 bpm.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Book with Lullabies by Kristina1 @ 57 minutes 55 seconds ago

Hello and congratulations! ... There are many lullabies composed by many different classical composers... For example Brahms not only became a childminder when Clara Schumann gave concerts but he also composed many lullabies for the Schumann children
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope Live Streaming! by jazzwee @ Today at 05:47 PM

Veelo, I already do two streaming apps (Meerkat and Periscope). Hard to keep up and I hardly do Meerkat. And based on popularity, it appears that Periscope (owned by Twitter) is getting the mass. There's other broadcast apps like Blab etc. that I've
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bananasushi For this RCM prep book, I think on average, I didn't get my first correct playing until after say maybe 20-30 attempts? But I never played the same song every day. I think I spent 15-20 min on each song and didn't pla
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to the new Casio CGP-700 by Bachus @ Today at 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddYou shaid it, Bachus. The PX-560 looks the real deal. Kraft and Sweetwater are taking pre-orders, looks like a street price of $1199.99 and will ship in October. It looks like the new user interface is the same acr
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Strategies for Passing Part 1 of the PTG Tuning exam by Chris Leslie @ Today at 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By Mark R.Bill, Thank you for taking up my comment in your text. Mark, Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPT- According to my research, hearing differences in faster beats is easier. Average sensitivities are 12bps @ 2%, 5bps @
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Changing my mind? by chasingrainbows @ Today at 04:55 PM

I teach in a music store and also have a small private studio. One of my families has asked me repeatedly to teach them privately (which is allowed under my contract). At first, I agreed to start them in the summer, then I pushed it to the Fall. A
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Non classical piano music by Michiyo-Fir @ Today at 04:17 PM

johan d, Yes, that's the book we are talking about. I believe he also has some easy/intermediate arrangements that are categorized "for teens," "love songs," "rock duets," and such. If you look up Dan Coates intermedia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by mom3gram @ Today at 04:10 PM

I'm coming to the end of the Faber Adult Book 1. I've had it for a long time, but was using Alfred as my main lesson book. I bailed about a third of the way through Alfred AIO Book 2 - it just got too hard for me without a teacher. And that led to
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By ster100I want to play better, so i need to play exercises (I think). Which exercises will I use? Advice is welkom. level: beginner-average Be diligent and persevere through: articulated scales. each note precise. analyze your
Jump to new posts Re: Roland Juno Di 61 by Alexander Borro @ Today at 04:06 PM

Bill, from what I gather you've been looking at the ideal keyboard for you some time but I find it hard to see why you would even consider a semi weighted action if you are serious about the piano aspect. I'll add I am inexperienced myself, but I ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Taught Bach Lover - Practice Tips by Qazsedcft @ Today at 03:50 PM

Muscle memory is quite ephemeral. If you memorize only like that you will forget the piece very quickly.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Dream come true. Boston to Steinway by Rickster @ Today at 03:37 PM

Wow! Congratulations! There has been some issues with the website regarding posting pictures. If the pic is already on a website and has a URL (ending with jpg), it is easy to post. Open a full reply post screen and click the 4th icon from the le
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Voicing the Piano by Musicdude @ Today at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By OlekPreferences exists, as the possibilities allowed by the piano. But some basics elements are always find, Sustained power (the final proof of good elasticity around the crown) volume, (max density under the crown) dynamic ra
Jump to new posts Re: I wish we could buy straight wire by Olek @ Today at 03:28 PM

The trick is to use the remaining portion of string to guide the new one, (a piece of thread is useful) when possible of course. The curtain rod is an excellent trick, plus most customers have one you only need to cut to size
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question about 25 preludes of Burgmuller
by ster100
08/28/15 05:04 PM
Changing my mind?
by chasingrainbows
08/28/15 04:55 PM
Is it important for my fingers to stay on the keys?
by nights
08/28/15 04:43 PM
Easiest Philip Wesley Piece?
by mthelm
08/28/15 04:42 PM
Student Q: Do "Non-Taubman" Teachers teach Forearm Rotation?
by ClsscLib
08/28/15 03:22 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,554 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,486 Topics
2,439,937 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission