Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (Bachus, AZ_Astro, Auntie Lynn, Anticlock, 26 invisible), 1197 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread. by Greener @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

CYCLE 3 [CLAIM CYCLE] Composer - Polyphonist 1 - Keystring (COMPLETE) 2 - Jytte (COMPLETE) 3 - dire tonic (COMPLETE) 4 - Greener (COMPLETE) 5 - UnderConstruction (PENDING)
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 dead on arrival by iceporky @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

In terms of reliability, my personal experience is that Yamaha is much better than Kawai. My CA95 has a clicky key, which cannot be resolved after 2 visits from my dealer's technician. The replacement set arrived and it too had a clicky key. After u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Set hand positions? (very elementary) by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

And of course: add on more notes a bit at a time, so the segment you can do slowly gets longer. Eventually you'll find that you can keep going indefinitely. But I always find it helpful to check my mastery of the small building blocks before trying
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Barenboim-Maene Piano: Just Hype? by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

I did not see how the bridge or bridges, specifically the bass bridge or bass area of the bridge looked. Did I miss it? Id also like to hear his explanation of why straight strings are superior to the overstrung bass - did I miss that too? In the en
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help - 2005 Yamaha DGB1 or 1992 Baldwin R by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By casualplayerUpdate: I went with the Baldwin R. $6000 moved. Thanks everyone for your advice! Sounds like a fantastic deal to me! Congratulations!!! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Rick
Jump to new posts Re: Bridge removal by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Good job - looking forward to follow up pics and brief description.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP-1300E by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:07 PM

The HP-1300 is almost 20 years old. You were right to pass. Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How a pianist's 'touch' affects tone - NOT! by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By piano_friendI wish this forum has Thumb up to Like many posts I have read A 'thumbs up' but no 'thumbs down.' We don't need it to get into some kind of competition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to choose from 1982 YUX and 1992 WX3 by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By turandotIf the two piannos are both in equally good condition, the WX3 is the better buy. Priced the same, I suspect the YUS is overpriced. Thirty-three years of teacher use is taxing, even for a Yamaha. WX3 wasn't on the US mar
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice about Yamaha upright piano by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By Jean Claude I am somewhat in my cups as I write, however my advice to anybody thinking of buying a Yamaha upright is 'don't', or at least not before trying instruments from a variety of other manufacturers first. In reality, h
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By pianoMom2006Realize that we are getting in further off topic but... As a piano mom, I think the biggest difference between us as adults and our children is that we have much higher expectations for ourselves. I mean at 8, you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Animation: Bach in Lights by AZ_Astro @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

I enjoyed watching the animation. Agree the parking garage is a bit odd!
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts INCREDIBLE piano cover/music video of "A Thousand Years" by Josh Stefanski @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

Hey guys! Check out my latest piano cover/music video of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years"!! Let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ssAI07zNU
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts INCREDIBLE piano cover/music video of "A Thousand Years" by Josh Stefanski @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Hey guys! Check out my latest piano cover/music video of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years"! Let me know what you think!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ssAI07zNU
The video doesn't seem to be available (right now). I have seen previous videos of yours and "Close enough for me". Ahh, but I tend to look at the PICTURE, not the BRUSH STROKES. I don't look or listen for (so called) "defects",
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Incredible piano cover/music video of "A Thousand Years" by Josh Stefanski @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

Hey guys! Check out my latest piano cover/music video of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years"!! Let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ssAI07zNU
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By Moonsh1neOriginally Posted By Palmpirate Guess my other half wishes I'd learned the flute instead! Or the harmonica! That sounds like an awful lot of luggage, I'm amazed at your commitment My other instrument is the double
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Zoom Q 8 by Mark... @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

Looking for some feed back on the Zoom Q 8 camera with 4 track audio. Seems like a perfect piano audio video recorder. Saw a few You Tube reviews, but looking for some who may have used it for piano. Thanks Mark...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will Steinway really pay me to downgrade my Bösendorfer? by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By wimpianoInteresting points Michael.. Read the below with a grain of salt please. (Perhaps just as much as the OP's post) I know the below is sensitive to a lot of people and the Steinway D will be defended far beyond anything yo
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by prout @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Here is the correct matching for the video and audio: The first audio clip is legato. The second audio clip is legato with notes held. The third audio clip is staccato close to the keys. The fourth audio clip is staccato from well above the keys.
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano Let-off screws are Maxed out. by Tunewerk @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Wait before you jump into changing the position of the letoff rail. This should never need to be done unless you are drastically redesigning. If Spurlock's guide checks out on your action and the bore is correct (namely, vertical offset of the hamme
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Barenboim Piano? by David-G @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By jim ialeggio... But I will say, the most successful straight strung historic pianos I have heard, in terms of clarity and character of individual registers, were from the early part of the 19th century, that is previous to the mi
Jump to new posts Re: Should a child begin his lessons on a digital piano? by FranklinSq @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

One important thing that I think no one has explicitly pointed out here is that there are some DPs for which all the bells and whistles are hidden, and are therefore not a distraction; see for example the (very basic and cheap) Yamaha P35, or the (mo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 38 --- General Discussion Room by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By AZ Astro16. wouter79 - Swipesy Cake Walk What on earth is a Swipesy Cake Walk? Well, here it is! It’s a warm, open hearted jaunt through memory lane! Great touch with the stride bass! Forte then pianissimo plus on/off staccato
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Syllabus question about National Guild Audition by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By claizSo my daughter got her report card back - she got 30Cs and 2As, with a blank section for pedal. What does that even mean? Audition judges are supposed to watch for areas where the student is doing above grade level work.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can you identify this baby grand?
by pevo
05/29/15 12:22 AM
Yamaha C7 with Player Piano system
by Cflux
05/28/15 11:31 PM
Is it "Live" or is it.......
by piano_primo_1
05/28/15 10:24 PM
German Piano
by Kevan_man
05/28/15 09:59 PM
Why the difference in sound-NY vs Hamburg Steinway
by DanS
05/28/15 09:42 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,456 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,418 Topics
2,411,859 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission