Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by keystring @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

I see the reasons. The thing is that if somebody is using a system, it's better to have that system defined or there is a risk of confusion. I think that for most people, the 3rd degree chord of a G minor key will be considered Bb and that will be c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Troubleshooting the Gravity Drop/Weight Transfer etc. by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

One of my teachers informed me that every time I played his piano it would go out of tune, and I had broken more strings than any other student. Turns out I hit the keys way too hard when I was trying to. I think this might be a common problem for pe
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Accepted Procedure for Having a Piano Tech look at a piano? by Gerry Johnston @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Paul678, the truth will not get a piano technician very far in the piano industry. While I assume you are talking about a private party sale in your hypothetical—for which the main points have already been made by other post
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner adult book to read AWAY from the piano? by What? @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

I am already smarter. Thanks much, poormxdad
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin etude op.10 no.1 by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I'd share this. Recorded straight off my FP-7F, I haven't figured out why there's so much electrical noise but oh well. https://soundcloud.com/andrew-qian-2/chopin-etude-in-c-major-op-10
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai mp7 vs Roland rd-800 by Joe Garfield @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Also there is no clicking, rubbing, or uneven spacing on my MP10. If there was, the action is fully regulate-able by a piano technician, or anyone who doesn't mind opening up a digital piano (which is very easy to do on the MP10). It uses all real pi
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by bfb @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: dewsterOriginally Posted By: dje31You can't fix stupid, but the stupid can---and do---lawyer-up and sue. IMO moving the AC input next to the XLRs, making it more XLR like, and angling the panel down so you can't see what you'r
I haven't logged on in forever, but I just thought of this and found this thread. I personally like the mellow sound. I think you might be able to get it more crisp by custom EQ. I find the preset EQ pumps up certain parts of the spectrum way too mu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: QOTW: Piano faux pas you care to share? by Mr Super-Hunky @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Last year I had a piano tuner tune my piano. I'm usually watching over him the entire time mentally watching every possible little thing he is doing while asking even more questions..[I know!]. Anyway, at times, I would actually back off, even le
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what is the best book to learn piano by your own..? by Michael Martinez @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian Lucas In fact, when I introduce new scales, I just give them the "right" notes to play first to let them explore the sound. Then, as it becomes more familiar, we introduce the theory Good approach. In fact, re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Klavins piano - their concert grand by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

If only it had pedals.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by caters @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: catersI once saw in a list of videos 2 pianos 16 hands. It is impossible to have 4 players on 1 piano so it is impossible to have 2 pianos 16 hands. I've no idea of what you're on about in your s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing a piece through by Mr Super-Hunky @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

Over time, I've observed that peoples minds and reactions are not all wired the same. Some peoples immediate reactions to things are rationally thought out, while others have a much more knee-jerky reaction. In both cases, their reactions will be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding inversions by keystring @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian Lucas The term "inversion" really has 2 meanings. When we're talking about chord inversions, there aren't rules as to how to play them. (except in figured bass, which is rarely seen anymore). You can play any inv
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Very much appreciated Paul. Thank you!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

Unless they can measure very correctly, you won't know the model until you get there. There was no Academy piano at that time so it is a C. Bechstein. They had aggraffes all the way up the treble. Make sure you look carefully for a cracked plate.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach - Chorales 8 + 170 by Louis Podesta @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Golly gee, Dr. Mark C. (it rhymes): if my comment was no big deal, there certainly has been much said about it. As stated in one source: "A chorale is a melody to which a hymn is sung by a congregation in a German Protestant Church service. Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cracks in my soundboard?? by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

Introducing my new invention - The Piano Player Pacifier Useful in quelling the anxiety of caring for a fine piano, it gently sounds Für Elise as you gum your way into tranquility. (Well all suffer from the same anxieties - Yer doin' gud!)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by Marco M @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Thank you so much!!! I use it since, I think, almost one year now. Great work!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor by Ruben1 @ Yesterday at 05:14 PM

Hello, Wanted to hear your opinions about my performance in this video: It's the Nocturne Op. 55 Nr. 1 in F Minor from Frédéric Chopin! Enjoy
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein grand agraffe by Olek @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

Not so far, I will ask someone that may have it. WHat would be useful is the threading and diameter. I doubt any agrafe is done with steel threading. May be you misunderstood and a new thread is to be machined or repair coils used to install the mo
Jump to new posts Re: Distance between the Black Keys . . ? by peterws @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: Dave HorneFor the vast majority of black keys the distance between them is one whole step Actually that's the interval between them, not the distance. Distance is measured in mm or inches. And a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Disklavier to replace digital piano? by BDB @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

Many of the new Disklaviers have digital pianos built into them, so if you get one of those, you should have everything you want.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Chopin’s Ballade 1 by zrtf90 @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: chopinoholicLast night I started practising the ballade. I'm planning to start with...Hmm? Originally Posted By: chopinoholicHow is it going with you guys? Starting next week at M208-216! What prep. work have you done, Paul?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Waltz with No Accidentals (for larryz) by larryz @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

This is lovely! It feels happy and cheerful, fast moving with a macro melody. It is rich harmonywise, and I will try to analyse it. I'm also going to contemplate on a similar piece in minor, but again, only using the natural scale. Thank you!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
126 registered (Atrys, antony, accordeur, Arizona Sage, Almaviva, 34 invisible), 1421 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153514 Topics
2249592 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Morning Mist: a ballade for piano
by JoelW
1 minute 27 seconds ago
Insanity
by Polyphonist
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover
by SAO
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!!
by ShiroKuro
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission