Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
93 registered (Albunea, Alexander Borro, anamnesis, AprilE, 36251, 25 invisible), 1122 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by Brian Lucas @ Today at 04:08 AM

A pro musician friend of mine once said: Quote:Get the best musicians in the world in one room and the only thing they'll agree on is that they're the worst musician in the room. I think most of us who achieve any level of success don't get there bec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by michaelha @ Today at 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus If one reads the restaurant reviews online it becomes quickly obvious that they are often worthless. Almost every restaurant has both super positive and super negative reviews. That could be your experience, but t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiring a tech to FIND a piano by Markarian @ Today at 03:02 AM

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024
Adult Beginners Forum
Thought I'd stop off in the piano bar here for a moment to play an oldie. IT HAD TO BE YOU
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keyframe corner rounded at una corda spring contact by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:31 AM

When the key guide plates are replaced, just try the pedal and see how it works. It will need a little grease on it to work well and retard wear. If it feels too hard to the foot, replacing the spring with one that fits the keyframe may be the wisest
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vision is getting to be a problem by peterws @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Seems that optical requirements change greatly as we progress through this maelstrom called "time"! As one who has 20/20 vidion (minus 20 that is) all i can add here is that every optician, sorry, optemitrist, gives me a different prescrip
Piano Teachers Forum
I think you need to be kind, accommodating, and firm. The best thing you can do is treat the student like any other normal student, with whatever reasonable allowances are necessary for the joint custody situation. If it were my student I'd: - Make s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NYT article about overcoming stage fright by Nikki_85 @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

I love my BiLiPro USB plug-in pedal. It used to baffle me why people would use more expensive Bluetooth technology when you never need to have your pedal farther away than a USB cord allows. Now however the cost has come down on the bluetooth devices
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

ajames, Thanks very much for your explanation of your thoughts on Alfred's Level 1 vs Level 2 and also the links they were an interesting read. Right now I'm leaning towards taking the course even though there seems to be a good percentage of people
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha P115 digital piano by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

The CP4 sells for $2299.99, definitely not in the same price range as the other keyboards your looking at. You should take a look at the Yamaha CP40 which currently retails at $1399.99. It competes price wise with the Roland RD300nx, although I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

After about a month and a half break I'm ready to get back into working on playing and this challenge. I'm printing out stuff that I previously downloaded off my old computer and will start on one of them tonight before I go to work. Everyone is do
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by currawong @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Glad you have it sorted. They always used to ask for diminished of key, then changed it for some years to dim starting on note. I hadn't caught up and maybe the technical workbook hasn't either!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Brian, Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not intersted in the adult version because it seems to be a dead end and I don't care for a lot of the music in the adult book 2. However, I am considering using the accelerated method. I'm just not sure if I shoul
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: regulating/reconditioning an old piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

No way of knowing without inspecting it. Odds are though that the action is in poor condition and replacement of many or all parts is likely needed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet pulled in another direction again! by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

Thanks Stubbie. I will check those out. So much fun.
Adult Beginners Forum
I've almost learned the melody and block chords for mine, but Weds I'm going over to a singer-friend's house and we're going to do GASB stuff. So if it kind of works out maybe I'll do comp and she can sing on a recording! That would be a treat. But p
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt's Piano Concerto #1 in Eb by LaReginadellaNotte @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

I should add a disclaimer for anyone who might have listened. Certain passages sound overpedaled, but that's the way that my professor and my accompanist were telling me to play. They insisted that in a large hall, lots and lots of pedal is needed.
Pianist Corner
I agree with Bennevis -- Pletnev is an amazing pianist, though some of his interpretations are idiosyncratic. I DO like the Pletnev Scarlatti set, and I also enjoy his Scriabin. I'm also a big fan of almost everything recorded by Ivan Moravec -- es
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bosendorfer 170 by Sketches @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

Thanks Rich, really appreciate your input on this. Yeah I will proceed with caution. He hasn't confirmed a ballpark proce yet but this piano has had less work than the one I originally mentioned which is now sold. I'll probably have a try of it for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by BruceD @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By MiguelSousaWhen is the time that managers set up their next season? Like summer? Thank you! Some seasons, depending upon the orchestra and its venue, are set up two to three years in advance. Some smaller less-in-demand, les
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX160 observations by Element @ Yesterday at 06:08 PM

Hey Possum280 How did you perceive the acoustical playing noise of the keybed? I played the PX150 a while back, and found the action very nice, but a bit too thumpy up AND down. (I'm used to the Kawai ES100 which is very quiet overall) I was just
Adult Beginners Forum
wow their public pianos are painted a lot more elaborately than ours! but yeah I wonder how they hold up in the weather all summer? do they just go to the piano graveyard afterward?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why cleaning the piano room doesn't work by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Maybe we should found a Piano Addicts Anonymous group. On the other hand, I am not sure 100% if it is really bad to be addicted to the piano. Or maybe I am just finding excuses to justify my behaviour...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are great ways of finding new students? by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By Angela62213The truth is 99% of the mothers are of Facebook. There are most likely several active Facebook groups in your area for the 25-45 with kids demographic which will allow business postings. Read the rules of each board an
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Digital Piano - MIDI Questions...
by mfield1203
40 minutes 59 seconds ago
Flexible , mobile n steady wheels for a Steinway B
by Jazzniklas
Today at 05:52 AM
Sold my CA-65 Need Portable Alternative
by guguma
Today at 03:20 AM
New Piano
by MaximLuchnik
Today at 01:41 AM
Suggestions for program of "New Age" pieces
by gingko2
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,301 Topics
2,424,106 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission