Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (augustm, AndrewJCW, Amosdoll, Albert Brighten, 29 invisible), 1366 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from 2014 K-6 to Baby Grand? by terminaldegree @ Today at 04:41 PM

I feel you will probably be happier spending several thousand to trade up from a quality 52" vertical to a longer piano than what you've mostly been considering, at least sonically.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Determining Best Fingering for a Piece by Albunea @ Today at 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Albunea I don't understand that part, Qazsedcft. I wouldn't worry about finger-switching until you are well into intermediate standard (and can play e.g. Für Elise very well), and have mastered le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repertoire advice for diploma by bennevis @ Today at 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By MusicDoc I was hoping to get some repertoire advice - I want to focus on music from the classical period and wanted to hear if anybody had ideas about something that would be challenging yet rewarding. I have been thinking of lea
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: lessons on the principles of Raymond Thiberge by attaboy @ Today at 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By keystringQuote:Let me think about it awhile and get back to you. Well, I do look forward to when you've done your thinking, and what your ideas will be. I've done some guessing based on an excerpt from a martial arts person quo
Piano Forum
Nearest I got was a Roland LX17. Sounded so much like an acoustic I wondered why they bothered making it. . . Had to get out o there rapid. . .
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Interval Ear Training by Qazsedcft @ Today at 03:16 PM

I prefer this one because it gives you more choices in case you're not familiar with some of the tunes: http://www.earmaster.com/products/free-tools/interval-song-chart-generator.html
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Changing studio policy and lesson fees by Arghhh @ Today at 02:50 PM

I've now finished my second year of teaching and am looking to revise my studio policy for next year. There are three items that are prompting these changes. 1. First off, I now have a home to teach out of and would like to teach from home and onl
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Plate Frame cracks on old Bechstein by anrpiano @ Today at 02:44 PM

No, not a death knell. I have used lock & stitch a number of times to repair this kind of a crack and after many years have never had a problem with any of the repairs.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by SwissMS @ Today at 02:29 PM

Husbands come first, especially on their birthday! And, dealing with a sick child is always difficult. It is great that you managed to get to the piano at all! Hopefully today is better for you!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By RonTunerThings get complicated in the bass section. I've found while seeking the 'least bad' place to leave an octave, that the loudest partial match isn't always the best guide... I think it is a combination of many beats and b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By erichlof... ... I've tried it from Acrosonics to Steinways and it does the job nicely. .... That's surprising. For me it works fine with large grands which have trichords with plain strings at C#3 on the treble bridge. But
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Did I buy what I thought I did? by michaelha @ Today at 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By ebonykawaiOriginally Posted By Rich GalassiniIn Samick pianos the first two letters of the serial number represent the year the piano built (This works until the year 2000 - and there are a few anomalies). So H = 8 and G = 7. Th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX 650 and Casio PX 860?? by gabrield @ Today at 01:27 PM

DGX 650 has a lot of features that will give you enough to have fun with it. On other hand you can find the Yamaha P 105 less distractive and focus only on learning while having strong features like rhythms and other instruments.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was My Recent Piano Purchase a Mistake? by ShiroKuro @ Today at 12:38 PM

Coming into this thread late, but Babambrie, I'm so glad you didn't give up and were able to get some money back! Now, as others have said, go enjoy your piano!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano exercise ands learning by Nahum @ Today at 12:11 PM

Can formulate it in this way: student sitting near the instrument and explores the music being played, and the process of its performance. Indications of progress: the student finishes the session with a solid feeling that began to better understand
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Perth Australia - any other adult learners here? by UnderConstruction @ Today at 11:58 AM

Ihana and Golden Wattle and R0B... thats three. KurtZ Feb 2017, so maybe the inaugural Perth pianoworld party?
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V Grand by Jherriott @ Today at 11:49 AM

joe80, I feel your pain. I am shocked about Brexit... so sorry. These cracks are bad. And they are in an area with considerable stress. The very old Bechsteins seem to have this reoccurring flaw where some type of rotational torque stresses the pla
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New to me - Bechstein Model V by BDB @ Today at 11:33 AM

Somewhere in the past, there have been topics about these cracks appearing in Bechsteins of this vintage. They were probably due to impurities in the metal or improper cooling. They probably have little effect on the strength of the plate, as most pl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Concerto for piano and strings orchestra by Pathbreaker @ Today at 11:31 AM

Mendelssohn-Concerto in a minor for Piano and Strings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRp3t9xygjM
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone own the Roland HP603? by Jay Roland @ Today at 11:19 AM

Congrats and Thank you Noonie! Make sure you register your purchase with us at Roland Canada... http://rolandforms.ca/register-your-product/ Also, chances are your piano will be on an older firmware version. Here is the link to the firmware 1.09
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: June Piano Bar by Jen Weir @ Today at 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By Riddler Jen, a lovely performance, highly listenable, very soothing, and professionally played. Ed Thanks very much! I just realized I missed your piece, so I went back to find the link for "Sunny". That's great pl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to play Rachmaninoff by cathryn999 @ Today at 10:55 AM

@Fugue14 haha that would be me, and @WhoDwaldi, Bravo! Thanks for the laugh :-)
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ Today at 10:52 AM

We're glad to help! Have a safe flight and enjoy your time in Italy before you hit Milano!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1920 Kurtzmann Questions by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 10:27 AM

That's called key bushings. Does the new strings include both bass strings and plain wire strings? While the strings are out, I would recommend renotching the bridge and new bridge pins. The pinblock really should be replaced but I'm guessing they
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Careful with kitchen slicers! by Rerun @ Today at 07:29 AM

I whacked a nasty 2 1/2" gash in my left palm a day before we were headed to Perdido Key (sharpening mower blades beneath the mower on a hoist)... out came the skin glue (cheap set of stitches in a tube) because our schedule was too tight. T
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help, please! should i sell cp137 and buy a baby grand?
by MaximLuchnik
32 minutes 43 seconds ago
Trade in
by Ozan
Today at 10:00 PM
Yamaha c3 grey market
by Pianogirl81
Today at 08:57 PM
Komplete Elements vs. Mainstage 3
by 0n1el
Today at 07:55 PM
Changing studio policy and lesson fees
by Arghhh
Today at 02:50 PM
Forum Stats
84,110 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,567 Topics
2,536,468 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission