Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (Ben_NZ, augustm, AZ_Astro, Adam S, 16 invisible), 1446 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I just listened to Michelangeli played the piece, and he did just that. Too bad most film or video didn't show the player's fingers but the sound confirmed it. Regards, Brian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: music theory and piano playing by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

It's easier to interpret a piece if you understand the language.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

How "string resonance" affects the sound more or less, depending on what you're playing. For some Debussy and Satie, it really makes a difference. The long-sustained notes in the bass get picked up (by resonance effects) in the treble, an
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help needed keys by dmd @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

You take a piano lesson on Friday and Saturday each week ?
Quite a few well-known classical concert pianists own a digital as well as a grand. The digital is for learning the notes and repetitive practicing late at night. It also saves wear & tear on the acoustic.
Jump to new posts Re: Any opinions on the GSi Gemini by ElmerJFudd @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Pianos on the GSI Gemini rely on the "Adaptive Sample Player", it is a kind of "ROMpler" that doesn't limit itself to playing back samples in a cold and static manner. The GSP-01 can change its internal structure according to the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by lakers4sho @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

How does the Alfred All in One series compare to the Bastien series? I have Alfred tucked away somewhere but my piano (group) class uses Bastien so I'm sort of stuck with Bastien for a while. Alfred has 3 books while Bastien has 2, at first glance.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Novice question by dmd @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

Probably pretty good if you have any musical ability at all. I would rate it as a late beginner piece of music. Of course, there are exceptions. Some will never be able to play it for one reason or another. If you do what your teacher tells yo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to learn to tune and repair pianos? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

At this stage of my journey, buying decent tools (including a good ETD, not one of the free ones or some glorified guitar tuner) and working with my mentor have been the most helpful. That, and of course, lots and lots of different pianos of all shap
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get students' names on first phone calls? by Candywoman @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

Thanks Peter. I sent you a pm on another question.
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By m8118Originally Posted By Jay RolandEach of the 4 main piano tones are different physical models that respond and react differently. You can save the changes you make when you exit the Piano Designer for each of the 4 main pian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone learning via The Royal Conservatory (RCM)? by JazzyMac @ Yesterday at 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoMy personal opinion is that the 20th/21st century selections in these books are often limited by international copyright issues. The older RCM books have an abundance of works by Canadian composers. I don't have the 201
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Grand Feel key clinic by f3r @ Yesterday at 05:34 PM

I never contacted the dealer but I opened my CA97 today to try and fix the problems by myself, I guess the warranty is invalid now but I had fun. I completely forgot to take pictures. The problems were present since I got the piano at home. It's qu
Jump to new posts Re: HELP! Major problems with my MP11 by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Apologies for being so unhelpful, but you left the screen protector on the display, that's why there appears to be scratches. I agree, try factory reset, after that it's Kawai support.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By SwissMS We just completed our move to Costa del Sol. I think Costa del Sol is a fantastic place to live. I've just gone there one holidays...no sea where I live. You'll have to buy some keyboard with batteries to take it outs
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Black Coat for classical piano performances by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By bennevishttps://youtube.com/watch?v=Qg9A39rmR6Y This pianist looks reasonably presentable without a jacket. When I went to see this video, this other one was first in queue. I think he is the same pianist wearing a different s
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: [Video] Rachmaninoff plays Elegie Op. 3 No. 1 by Carey @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By LafiThank you for the interest guys! :)) Well - the thread title says it is Rachmaninoff playing - which isn't true. HOWEVER, you give a spirited interpretation of this beautiful piece and I really like your command of the sec
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli by Eric399 @ Yesterday at 02:45 PM

If there was an extra db in the right hand, it would exactly be the famous chord from Richard Strauss: Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Experimental Jazz Album... What do you think? by Lethal Mullet @ Yesterday at 02:25 PM

This is for solo keyboards (korg sv-1 and Behringer umx 610). I'm thinking of doing a follow up to this one but I'm curious as to what you guys think (of both the music and the production)... 1) 0:00 Miles High 2) 2:16 Computology (Dedicated to Th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Older Kawai vs. new Gyer vs. new Weber by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By EByers Long story short, I ended up buying a 5'7" A Geyer. Action was very good, sound was good and I saw no reason to spend thousands more. So, I took the plunge. It was a heavily discounted piano on a promo. I'll post
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weird change in action by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

My piano is staying about the same, but I'm certainly getting "Spongier and heavier" as the years go by.... ;-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by Roy123 @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By WilliamTruittThanks for the link, Del. What wonderful synergy between the player and instrument, and how they elevate the music! The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. To me, the Opus 102 is a most interesting instrum
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli variations! by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By wrone of my first experiences of a peculiar otherworldly and sublime state that I now associate with late Beethoven. How Beethoven does it, I don't know Could it have been this spot in var. 14? Those amazing modulations with fp,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Aged hammer felt? by Solon @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

Hi Steve I donĀ“t know the difference, if any, between US and Germany produced S&S uprights of that era. I live in Sweden so I presume it was made in Europe. Theoretically it could also be made in London. On the fallboard (if it is called that on
Jump to new posts Re: Used LX15e or new LX17 by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By EmilDThe sound of LX-17 is very good. No problems with the output, it is loud enough for a 50 square meters living room. You can also feel the modeling engine affecting the sound with every key. Haven't heard the LX-7, but I'm co
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Questions about VAT
by James Guo
09/28/16 12:50 AM
Suggestions for technical work books?
by mylynn
09/27/16 10:24 PM
Adult Practice Help
by USMCGRUNT
09/27/16 10:00 PM
How to play Debussy's La Fille Aux De Lin bar #6 last chord
by briandang
09/27/16 08:00 PM
How to learn to tune and repair pianos?
by Piango
09/27/16 05:33 PM
Forum Stats
85,090 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,383 Topics
2,558,649 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission