Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
80 registered (Amir, barbaram, accordeur, AndrewJCW, 36251, 19 invisible), 892 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway vs C. Bechstein vs Fazioli by oldmancoyote @ Today at 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By PianolanceIf I'm not mistaken Elvis had a Knabe.Maybe he did, but it wasn't a Knabe covered in gold leaf.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by Mark_C @ Today at 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistI think people need to stop distracting each other from my very important question. Let's keep the thread on track here, guys. No problema!!!! 30 31 32 28 23 17 21 14 26 8 7 4 3 22 27 15 13 18 24 12 16 1 11 6 2 5 1
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By ShiroKuroWhat a cool set list! Glad it went well (except for the rain). Do you think you'll do it again? BTW did you use sheet music or lead sheets, or did you play all that from memory? Yes, I'm on the rotation now. It was de
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA95 step down to 110 V from 220 V? by cuchuoi @ Today at 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By hechbahJust to update on this. I contacted Kawai America Monady morning by email. As of now they have not yet got back to me. In the mean time, however, I sat down and drew a diagram of the circuit. It turned out that there was
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by bSharp[C]yclist @ Today at 12:29 AM

A couple of updates. Added a link to Wild Rider. There are some issues, but I'll keep working on it. I'm supposed to play this in an upcoming recital. Also added something small from the Level 1-2 book. This piece I learned a bit differently in that
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Microphone for Vt and EPT by daniokeeper @ Today at 12:26 AM

When I was looking, I actually never even considered the analog vs digital aspect. I was just looking for a mike to plug into my netbook. Unfortunately, i didn't have a chance to try it today. I spent the day doing repairs... not tuning. I'll rep
Jump to new posts Re: Harp Bolts by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

The plate bolts around the perimeter should be snug.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wanting to learn to play a little bit of EVERYTHING by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By marimorimoSo, knowing my greedy self, and knowing that I do not have the luxury of time and virtuosic talent to devote to learning each and every single thing on the list, what would you recommend I do? Become a superlative r
Member Recordings
Hello EXO and KPOP/CPOP fans, Exo Lay has released a new song called Melodrama (独角戏). I have made a piano cover for this catchy song and a tutorial for those who want to learn it. Enjoy~ Piano Cover https://youtu.be/SKeiSWrd4jQ Piano Tu
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Murad Kazhlayev, Prelude No. 2, from Six Preludes (1968) by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

RachFan, I really enjoyed listening to this. It is amazing how much can be packed into so few measures--like a sonnet, in which every couplet packs a punch, and they build upon each other to drive home a point--and yet, something about this piece e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Feedback on Video by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

I just finished a YouTube video showing some improv tips. I still have lots to learn, but maybe someone will find it helpful. Most of it is pretty simple: Would love some feedback. I have a hard time figuring out which style of music somethi
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND GW-8 by sullivang @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

If you don't mind, can you please tell me the name of the song that starts at 6:55? Thanks, Greg.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 15ma = 2 octaves?! by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungI've also used 23 for three octaves for a cross to the deep bass in a lead sheet. Not sure if that should be ma or va or something else. I don't know, but it should certainly be 22 and not 23.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bach Pianist by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

And for living Gregory Sokolov
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for the most realistic DP in market by Messiah @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By hag01What about roland? Are they any good? I would go for something cheap and save yourself a lot of money and then invest in synthogy ivory or similar, I love ivory myself and think it gives quite a nice control over the sound
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade piano stand by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

I like antique clocks, but the ticks drive me nuts while playing, so they only give the correct time twice a day.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Best of luck ebonykawai. We'll miss you Just as an aside, I've cross-referenced my current pieces to the RCM curriculum publications, and at Faber Level 4 the pieces that exist on both lists seem to be concentrated at Grade 3, with a couple at Gra
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 119 vs Schumann Op. 12 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By Carey....I suppose the rare judge would recognize that how well a student handles the opening of the Fantasie in a good indication of how well they can play in general. But, you'd have to 'really really' be able to do it. I me
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Wow! Pretty spot Forrest!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sightreading advice!!! by Swain @ Yesterday at 08:54 PM

The best and fastest way to improve sight-reading is to work on it for no less than 45 minutes a day. I recommend 2 things...1. get a piece of software like presto keys pro and practice on the bass and treble clefs separately for at least 15 minutes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by Schazti011 @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

I was actually talking with Knauer piano. They did give me clarification on their warranty and said they cover broken hammers, even snapped strings.
Jump to new posts Changing all of the wound bass strings by Pianolance @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

How much would it cost to change the bass strings on a 1920 something 6' Weber (Aolian) piano? The rest of the piano except the very highest C sounds great and it plays great, but the bass strings are tubby and a little thunky with not much sustain.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenAnother vote for "slow down, until you can play it correctly! And then speed up _gradually_." And one more technique: Take two small bowls, and put them on (or next to) the piano. Put 5 beans (for amate
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 F30 Pedal functioning incorrectly by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

elAbad, that's good to hear. I'm hopeful that the replacement pedal will function correctly. However, please note that it may be necessary to use the Pedal Calibration tool (included in the 'VpcEditorForMac.zip' archive) to ensure that the damper p
Jump to new posts Re: Unofficial Kawai ES8 Comments/Reviews Thread by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By A1AThank you James, I was successful after quite a bit of explaining on the phone at the dealer where I bought it. Yay! Good to hear, thank you for the update A1A! Cheers, James x
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help needed - Yamaha Arius 142 v Kawaii ES 100
by piano_quest
54 minutes 25 seconds ago
Upgrade to Roland F P30
by Jack Gately
Today at 04:51 AM
Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff
by JoelW
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Harp Bolts
by scgrant
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Feedback on Video
by Piano Tipping
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Forum Stats
83,776 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,951 Topics
2,528,119 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission