Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
159 registered (ajames, ando, A Guy, anamnesis, 46 invisible), 1811 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Dilemma, Yamaha CP4 or Kawai MP7 by davide_86 @ Today at 10:31 AM

I'll be going for the Kawai, feel is more important to me, as for sounds which are not acoustic piano or rhodes, I typically tend to use software with a Midi controller, so I think me and the Kawai MP7 will have a good match and lots of time spent to
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: laguna_greg I was the only person from my department to have such accomplishments professionally, and the alumni newsletter NEVER had a single item in it about any of my career highlights without my tel
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jaak Sikk by Jytte @ Today at 10:28 AM

The first 8 lessons are a mix of theory and practical exercises. In fact they all are. If one has already this knowledge, it's easy to zoom through those theoretical parts. I did however - and would advice anyone to do so as well - watch each and eve
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the mystry of voicing the "correct" way by Silverwood Pianos @ Today at 10:28 AM

There is no mystery to voicing. The only mysterious part is to balance the customer desires with what and how the fixed toned instrument will offer; how to hide the shortcomings of said instrument while bringing forward the positive characteristic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by barbaram @ Today at 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: casinitaly Barbaram - 20 bpm over your comfort zone? That's a lot! Do take care of your injury!!! Yes, I feel a bit foolish in hindsight! Pretty sure it's very minor but continuing to take a rest from anything likely to str
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alexandre Tharaud recital review in NY Times by laguna_greg @ Today at 10:26 AM

Boy, he's been rather damned by faint praise! Poor guy!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding sustain by joyoussong @ Today at 10:25 AM

Ryan, it depends what you mean by "sustain." I don't think the first couple of clips involve the pedal at all; it's just a held note. One of the pieces I'm working on has a bar with one note held while the rest of the bar is played, &
Jump to new posts Re: RM3 regulation by Pete14 @ Today at 10:25 AM

I believe it can be regulated, if you know what you're doing. The people at Ravenscroft have performed -what could be considered- a regulation of sorts on the RM3II action.
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Superglue to Tuning Pins by Silverwood Pianos @ Today at 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: accordeur Once again, I would not be surprised that CA could actually save a piano doped with glycerin in the past. It works. I just did this yesterday to a J&C Fisher 31xxx. Interesting scale design with angled straig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chords by fizikisto @ Today at 10:05 AM

I agree, we all have different sized hands and so fingering that might be completely natural for one person might be uncomfortable for another person. And the fingering that you use in one piece might be completely different from the fingering you w
Piano Forum
I cant find out enything about my Moritz Gude Piano from Berlin. Only thing i know is they made pianos between 1885 and 1914. The serial number on this piano is 3107. Can someone help me finding out something about Moritz Gude, and something about my
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by jim ialeggio @ Today at 09:46 AM

Stoppers program, however it is calculating the display, does not dance about with 2 strings sounding. Rather is displays a steady reading that seems to me to be some rough sort of an average. ji
Jump to new posts Re: Speakers for iGrand on iPad. by anotherscott @ Today at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: SteveConslawThere is a chance that your piano isn't broken. Dig out the owner's manual, and look for the MIDI settings. There should be a setting for "Local on/off". If it is set to off, the instrument will not send
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Snow by piRround @ Today at 09:37 AM

I have to agree about the media hype. Our local station pre-empted the Today Show just to stay on the air to talk about the blizzard. I was given a snow day by my office and thought how great to see shows I don't normally get to watch. Instead it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rennovation of an older upright by Sketches @ Today at 09:29 AM

Hi Joe, Thanks for the detailed and informative response. I perhaps have to adjust my thinking I suppose. My budget is flexible. Up to around 10k euros but for some reason I was really looking for a European piano. I have my lessons on a variety of
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp11 : damper pedal unrealistic amplitude by Joe Garfield @ Today at 09:23 AM

FWIW the Kawai pedals are made by Fatar. http://www.thomann.de/gb/fatar_sustain_pedals.html
Jump to new posts Re: Replace side panels on MP7? by Joe Garfield @ Today at 09:06 AM

I had a scuff in my end panel on the MP10. The panels are replaceable but integrated into the top/sides similar to what acoxcae is describing. Mine had a factory blemish and it was repaired (new panel) in my home along with a few other minor adjustme
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday, Mozart! by Janus K. Sachs @ Today at 09:04 AM

Ahem, Mozart wrote only the first eight bars of the Lacrimosa. The rest of the movement is by Sussmayr. Anyone interested should read my post in this thread.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 keyboard noise by Indigo890 @ Today at 09:02 AM

Did kawai respond to anyone yet? I am happy now with my new ca65.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Truecrypt's take on Chopin's Barcarolle by SlatterFan @ Today at 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: Hakki....These measures are actually intended to prepare for the coming "dolce sfagato". Well sure -- but what are they? How should we view them besides that broad general thing, and what'
Jump to new posts Re: Noise from line in on MP7? by IMOL @ Today at 08:40 AM

Hi acoxcae in my headphones I heard a loud hiss when I connected my notebook to Mp7 Line-In I had to disconnect the power supply of the notebook from the ground loop It is now in perfect silence
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Having goals to aim for by BrianDX @ Today at 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: malkinI started out with goals, but now I enjoy the process so much that those old goals hardly matter anymore. I started out with a long term goal of attaining the Intermediate level, and 17 months later this is still a motiva
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Suggestion next piece by johan d @ Today at 08:15 AM

Hello, I am looking for a grade 1, or grade 2 piece that I can learn next. I would like a quiet romantique piece that can be played very slow, but is very beautiful. I have the Burmuller "25 leichte Etüden op. 100" & Denes Agay's "
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transacoustic Yamaha U1TA. Need Advice!! by Rich Galassini @ Today at 08:10 AM

I have to add something to this thread. I played the Transacoustic piano at NAMM and looked it over. It is not a terribly complicated addition to a piano. I played it on a GC1 and was underwhelmed. Please share what I am missing here. Why is this a
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My piece for piano by Cisza @ Today at 08:07 AM

Yes, It's good idea. I'll think about it . Thnaks Everyone for all comments!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
NAMM Show 2015 Follow Up!
-------------------

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha CLP 535 - opinions
by Kerrrmit
11 minutes 19 seconds ago
Got my Valley Gem piano free!
by Bama4us
17 minutes 25 seconds ago
NAMM Show 2015 - Follow Up Reports
by Piano World
26 minutes 13 seconds ago
Do Yamaha S series use different hammer felt?
by Byudzai
Today at 10:41 AM
Trade in
by Phil Greenough
Today at 10:38 AM
Forum Stats
77915 Members
42 Forums
161022 Topics
2365482 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission