Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
109 registered (agraffe, Almaviva, AndrewJCW, anamnesis, ADWyatt, 30 invisible), 1802 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Difference between Roland S2 and Lx-7 or Lx-17 by augustm @ Today at 01:36 PM

I played today a Roland S2, which is priced between the Lx-7 Lx-17. It is described here: http://www.maene.be/websites/1/uploads/files/products/folder-s1-s2-roland_7-6-2016_14_13_14.pdf It seems to have a six speaker system - which makes it simila
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Albunea @ Today at 01:11 PM

Hey, this thread is now full with good and happy news.
Pianist Corner
The Alfred Masterworks Edition (ed. Maurice Henson) notes: "Liszt made two revisions: 1) A slow chordal section was inserted at the end of the second cadenza, prior to the final statement of the main theme before measure 53 (of this edition).
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By NikolasYohei, Especially in the case of Ravel's concerto in G the orchestration is VITAL. Without the solo piano sounds something completely different! :-/ BTW, I would like to second the recording of Arturo Michellangeli, as
Jump to new posts Re: The scale of difference by prout @ Today at 12:49 PM

One could argue that DP manufacturers model their sounds on the 'best' (read 9 foot S&S, Yamaha, Kawai, etc.) and well regulated and voiced acoustic pianos and not on some 36" spinet acoustic piano. That implies a much more limited palette (
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano restoration and authenticity. by BDB @ Today at 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTThanks Prout, Yes, the strings indent in the properly shaped V-bar but they never produce buzzes. It is the profile of the termination point that allows string buzzes to arise over time as the string bends/deforms
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skipping a method book level by Morodiene @ Today at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By NikolasA few quick thoughts: 1. Mastery of 4 bars? With 3 notes? I'm not sure that there's anything worth mastering and I find that it's much better to give them some "meat and bones" to wor
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starting a student over by Morodiene @ Today at 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By ArghhhOriginally Posted By MorodieneWhat about Hal Leonard Adult Method? It goes fairly slowly, no kiddie pictures, and you can supplement with other fun pieces to ensure that you don't rush through. Hint: buy the book for her a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skype troubleshoot by Morodiene @ Today at 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By MorodieneRegarding your issue, you are on a Mac, right? No, I have a PC, using Windows 8. Quote: wonder if it is a conflict between the software for the camera and Skype accessing it. Under Skype>
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by Morodiene @ Today at 12:18 PM

I'll be returning to FL and my Petrof next week, so I'm not bothering to try any recording just yet. The Moment Musiceaux is pretty much ready to record, but the Prelude will definitely take more time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Cool.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By ClsscLib[...] I find Spotify pretty impressive as a music source -- huge variety, pretty good sound quality, convenient, and essentially free to the user. To some extent, YouTube and other sources are similar. [...] I'm revivin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Advanced repertoire quickly by Albunea @ Today at 11:35 AM

I included my level-1 at piano so that Sean can know where my answer comes from. Hmm I guess I should have also said I have never had a piano teacher. But I am not planning to become a musician at my age. He seems to be thinking he has to do tha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Butterfly Cheek Blocks by NickHollis @ Today at 11:33 AM

Wurlitzer butterfly cheek block screws are located on the backside of the cheek block. They are only visible once the fallboard is removed. Here are some pictures describing the location: http://imgur.com/eshKLD4 http://imgur.com/8q3q7mW http://imgu
Jump to new posts Re: Hi from new member by ShiroKuro @ Today at 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By GombessaOh geez, yeah OK I realize that it sounds odd, but it's not what you thin....you know what, never mind. I'll stop digging myself deeper Welcome to PW Gombessa!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: share your scales routines! by bSharp[C]yclist @ Today at 10:54 AM

I've been doing some sort of scale exercise almost everyday ever since starting lessons back in December. In the beginning it was just 5 finger pentascales, majors and minors. Next were major scales, two octaves, parallel. Now it's the minor scales (
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Works of Music in Art by wr @ Today at 10:52 AM

Paul Klee's art was so involved with music that someone produced a whole book devoted to that very subject. https://www.amazon.com/Paul-Klee-Painting-Hajo-Duchting/dp/3791347500 And then Gunther Schuller sort of reverse-engineered some Klee paintin
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Bill Evans! by Albunea @ Today at 10:47 AM

A cute video for Bill Evans' fans:
Jump to new posts Re: your thoughts on the blues? by jjo @ Today at 10:26 AM

Simon: Not sure why you say Blue Train is in C minor. All the good fake books show the first chord as Eb7#9, and that certainly is how I hear it. The soloing is clearly a regular blues, not a minor blues.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fit and Finish of Keytops by Rickster @ Today at 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By BDBI think what you are noting is that on some pianos, the mass produced ones, the sharps are glued on before the keys are cut apart, so they are cut or trimmed to, or into, the edge of the sharp. On the other pianos, the keys ar
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rich Galassini- The dealer truly believes in and enjoys that particular brand of piano. - They enjoy a great relationship with the owner/manager/distributor of that brand Other things that I could speculate about from a busines
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by Rickster @ Today at 09:02 AM

Well, since it was "PianoSupplies.com", and, you're expanding the items you sell, and, since it will still be mostly piano related, why not name it "PianoSuppliesandmore.com". Just a thought... Rick
Jump to new posts Re: Finally - Ce Ce Peniston on Piano?? by Rerun @ Today at 08:59 AM

Hey Michael, I guess you could try learning it from this vid as an aid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4zwSSSBpxY Good luck!
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by JoeT @ Today at 08:46 AM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacWhich is ... My ears (with fingers engaged) tell me all the same things (and more) that the DPBSD tells me without fingers. That's fine for you. :-)
Jump to new posts Re: Is piano popular in Middle east? by bennevis @ Today at 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By Bambers Quote:I know many British Muslims (who wear their religion lightly), and they concur that this is correct. Evidently not that lightly. Though do they actually follow that anyway? Strict Catholicism forbids contraceptio
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
So after testing, is the Kawai ES 8 the best for its price?
by pchardwaregeek
08/27/16 05:07 PM
Vibration on pedals and bass section of the keyboard
by Rguroo
08/27/16 02:52 PM
Yamaha G2: what do you think?
by Bellicapelli
08/27/16 01:38 PM
Difference between Roland S2 and Lx-7 or Lx-17
by augustm
08/27/16 01:36 PM
Pop music methods - any good ones?
by Morodiene
08/27/16 12:42 PM
Forum Stats
84,789 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,787 Topics
2,550,905 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission