Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
103 registered (alwatson, Ashly Scott, Adypiano, Albert Brighten, anzeen, 20 invisible), 1558 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why is Alkan so underrated? by ChopinAddict @ Today at 02:42 AM

Interesting article: http://www.jackgibbons.com/alkanmyths.htm
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Line out recorder for N2 by Kawai James @ Today at 02:35 AM

Chris, I assume if you upload a 256 kbit MP3 it will be transcoded to 128 kbit for streaming, while keeping the original 256 kbit version for download. Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sydney Piano Competition videostreamed live soon by ChopinAddict @ Today at 02:30 AM

Congratulations, fnork!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Why Do YOU Play the Piano??? by Piano World @ Today at 12:45 AM

Please see this thread, and share with us why you like to play the piano... http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2558522.html
Piano Forum
I might be in the minority here, but I don't think this piano sounds hideous at all! Ok, it's not the warmest sounding piano in the world, but I still think it's musical in its own way. I think it's got potential and will only get better with more de
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recital sign-up: Joplin! by SiFi @ Today at 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By SiFiWhat's the deadline again? August 15th, IIRC Va bene.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best piano technique book? by liplylie @ Today at 12:01 AM

I made some edits. It is my own blog and my own thoughts on the website.
Piano Teachers Forum
You're right, I made some edits. Just a little shy with sharing some of my personal thoughts.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How should this be scored so it is understandable? by piano_primo_1 @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By StephanPetersThis is the last measure of the Land Army Song from World War 2 England. The first image is as originally scored, but you can see there is a problem with that. How should it be scored so it is understandable to a p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by outo @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By chamberbellCan it be arrangements of pieces by Russian composers (like Swan Lake)? Or does it have to be originals? Still finding an original Russian piece, but I have a few arranged pieces I'm forcing myself to record for the sa
Adult Beginners Forum
Right now I'm working on Mexican Hat Dance, Festive Dance, Scherzo, Streets of Laredo, and Plasir D'Amour (which I just started today). And in the Greatest Hits Book 1 - What a Wonderful World, It's a Small World, and Tomorrow. Probably too many pi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: do I need to remove grooves in hammers? by Musicdude @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By ZMaestroMy grand is 15 years old, and played 1-2 hrs per week. The hammers still have their teardrop shape, but there are visible grooves. Should I steam them to remove the grooves? Or file them? Or just leave them alone?
Jump to new posts Re: Safest and effective way to clean around tuning pins by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By Chris LeslieMy portable vacuum has a back portal for positive air flow, and the hose has a fine adapter for blasting a thin flow of air. There is also a bypass hole in the adapter with which you can use your thumb to control the
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dogperson My tip: record yourself so you better know how you actually sound and what needs the concentrated practice. I have just gotten lazy about taping my own practice... I need to get over that as it really is a big help.
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by polksy67 @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

USER LOCATION: USA MAKE: Viscount MODEL: Physis Piano H1 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: Exchange DELIVERY CHARGE: $450.00* VENDOR LOCATION: Virginia VENDOR NAME: Whitesel Music CURRENT DATE: 07/24/16 *Extra note: The Physis Piano H1 was an exchange for
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a good price for a used Steinway Model M? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By MrSparkleMy wife wants a Steinway Baby Grand Model M for her birthday this year. Our local Steinway store is selling a 2012 Model M in Satin Ebony for $55,000. Is this a good price or do you think we could find a better deal el
Jump to new posts Re: Lower volume without destroying tone? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

Greetings, Why would the tech be concerned with 'ruining the tone"? You have a piano you are not happy with, so whatever "tone" you have now is not acceptable. Does the tone change with volume? Is it mellow sounding when you play
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help . . What is this tune? by charleslang @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Many thanks! I confirmed that you're right.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: [Video] Bach Concerto for Harpsichord in f minor, Mov2 by harrison_hbjn @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Thanks for your tips, I tried staccato, and it creates a completely different feelings. But i have to admit it's really hard to play 'light and detached staccato'. Your view about my right hand is absolutely true, and I realized that when I listened
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP 30 iPad music page turning apps by Consul50 @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Yes, Roland makes the KSC-70 furniture stand and the KPD-70 3 pedal board for the FP 30. I will check out those apps you mentioned to see how well they work with my new piano. David
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai kg-2d what do you think? by Lee Ann @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Rick - maybe one day your son or granddaughter will realize what a treasure you have to offer and will be happy to have it I was glad no one was around to listen to me play, because I have not really played (except for the past three months) for mo
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts PIANO SUMMIT 2017 - in New York City!!! by ASongULove @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

To all our colleagues and friends --- We'd like to invite you all to the LARGEST piano player & performer gathering EVER, for performers of ALL skill levels --- A three-day event in NYC, March 13-15, 2017, with programs, panels, performances a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Live Piano Music Venues - Where Are They? ... by ASongULove @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

In New York City, there's SHAKE RATTLE & ROLL PIANOS,
Originally Posted By adamp88 Quote:I will likely juice the hammers tonight, with 7:1 lacquer thinner, on the bichords especially, which are still too dull. I'm assuming the bichords are wrapped - you may want to consider giving them an extra twist
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Kawai MP10. How does it hold up in 2016? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

Thank you for the update Sam. May I ask what was the problem with the MP10? Which service centre did you visit? Will you send it back to the chap your purchased from? Kind regards, James x
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Overhaul of the upper damper upright piano "Otto Schinkel"
by Maximillyan
07/25/16 10:08 AM
QRS Player Piano Discs / CDs - Where to Find???
by Jtwusmc
07/25/16 08:27 AM
Why Do YOU Play the Piano???
by Piano World
07/25/16 12:45 AM
Why Do You Play The Piano?
by Piano World
07/25/16 12:43 AM
PIANO SUMMIT 2017 - in New York City!!!
by ASongULove
07/24/16 08:37 PM
Forum Stats
84,417 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,122 Topics
2,542,917 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission