Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
122 registered (Anita Potter, Al LaPorte, A Guy, ando, anamnesis, anotherscott, 32 invisible), 1224 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the Steinway at the Vanderbilt Mansion by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:08 AM

I hear what you are saying Michael. I just read online that this piano was commissioned in 1893 and the exterior was finished in Paris. Pretty cool. We should keep in mind that an accompanist to singers would not play the piano the same way they wou
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Thank u. I will do that. Any referral for a great p. Tech. Out here in LA?
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Hi, I'm new to this forum & pianos but I'm looking for any info on a piano that I've come across. I don't want to keep or restore it but I'd like to know more about it like age etc. so I can sell it. I've looked all over the web but can't find a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musiah by Trevor May @ Today at 05:35 AM

I guess I'm the only one, then? I'll update on my progress, mostly to keep myself accountable! I've completed all lessons in Level 4 and just need to do the three song performance to move onto Level 5. One song, The Rakes of Mallow, is really kicki
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday I started with London Bridge, Row the Boat, and had a quick look at Blow the Man Down. So many new things in a few pages! London Bridge tells you to move right hand one key to the right. For me that little thing supposes a really big change
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Snowy day and a cool video by Michael Sayers @ Today at 05:20 AM

Thanks Rich!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Finally, we have piano decided the Ydp162...we've found a good offer, and After all our troubles, I think we will go for it!! Thank you all for your help and recommendations!! Best regards
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Pianomarvel by Trevor May @ Today at 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By patersonSo I searched around a little and stumbled on "the piano" app from massive technologies. I really like this app. I hadn't heard of this and had a quick search. Is this the app you're talking about?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by bennevis @ Today at 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By Ishkabibble I can't help but wonder why, if it is so reliable, the warranty is not for say 5 years, like the V-Piano. Roland would risk nothing by offering it while at the same time provide a modicum of reassurance to understanda
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Kawai KDP90? by Jasper E. @ Today at 04:30 AM

@mnh: As far as I have read reviews, forums, Kawai KDP90 (or CN14) is a must check in the in the $1000 budget range.... I have extended my budget to cca... $1300, and after checking specs and reviews I am more curious about Casio PX-860/AP-460 and R
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Södermalm Fantasy Ballade redux by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:32 AM

Hi Nikolas, Maybe you or others here have ideas on the tempo indications and over which measures these should be placed. The scheme of an endless series of "quarter note =" was abandoned. You are right that it would be good to have some
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this touch weight ok for practice? by wimpiano @ Today at 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By Ed Foote Quote:Steinway actions are historically heavy for the very reason Ted stated - greater dynamic control. 68 grams is quite normal for a Steinway. Lighter keys will allow you to play faster, heavier keys offer greater ex
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Today at 03:24 AM

Getting caught up on other folk's news here before making my own post! I seem to have missed several posts over the past couple of weeks! pspicer: getting through the various scales is a slog, there's only so much you can do to make scales "f
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: What piano chords are these? by dire tonic @ Today at 03:10 AM

try these
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ Today at 03:06 AM

Beautiful!! A perfect post.
Pianist Corner
1) No, I had strict plan which piece I'll learn when. 2) No, I started from the hardest piece in set. 3) No. But I can't stop myself from doing entire set, I can't just play one piece from opus... Now, I'm learning Etudes op. 10 by Chopin and Inte
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Help by BruceD @ Today at 02:51 AM

With a year to go before submitting your application, this is not too soon to be thinking about and planning your audition repertoire. While several musical generations may separate the composition dates of the Chopin and the Rachmaninoff, one is Ro
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Burn out and joy by Sand Tiger @ Today at 02:34 AM

Thanks for the additional replies. There are some interesting perspectives presented. Although I didn't ask for advice, some felt compelled to give it. I'm sure some of the advice offered will help some other readers that may be experiencing some kin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Who gets to play in concerts? by Groove On @ Today at 02:28 AM

I think everybody has an audience/fan base out there, if they are willing to go out and build it. But just being a great pianist or performer isn't enough, you gotta know how to put on a show. Do you remember the Warren Miller Ski movies? They neve
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts exercises and compositions for children by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:19 AM

Hi Everyone, I am looking for input from experienced teachers on some exercises and compositions for children posted in the Composers' Forum. Each of these has "children" in the thread title. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.
Jump to new posts Re: A real harpsichord keyboard with midi: advice needed! by David_in_Japan @ Today at 02:18 AM

Forgot to comment on something you said, MRC: I don't know what you mean by "by having it spread at the far end like a piano keyboard." Anyway, I have very specific ideas as to keyboard range. As a matter of fact, I even wrote a little eBo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Single Hand Study [for children] by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:16 AM

This is the third of three style compositions presented here which are based on Homage to Bach. As a single hand study for children, surely it is a novelty! The emphasis is on pointed and accented staccato touch vs. subdued and longer held staccato
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Abbé Liszt [for children] by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:16 AM

This is the second of three style compositions presented here which are based on Homage to Bach.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "J.S. Bach: Partita Gigue" [for children] by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:16 AM

This is the first of three style compositions presented here which are based on Homage to Bach. It is allusive of a particular Gigue by Bach which perhaps is quite long and demanding for child use.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Homage to Bach [for children] by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:16 AM

This composition from 1989 was not originally intended for children, yet it does seem to be suitable.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1890 Steinway "B"...
by Entheo
03/03/15 07:24 AM
Carpet under grand piano
by pinkfloydhomer
03/03/15 06:58 AM
Need help to identify 41 key piano (Herrburger Brooks)
by Paulmk5
03/03/15 06:01 AM
Glenn Gould on television - Music in the U.S.S.R.
by pianoman9
03/03/15 05:35 AM
What is the key of your life?
by piano_friend
03/03/15 03:20 AM
Forum Stats
78,379 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,029 Topics
2,379,051 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission