Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
115 registered (accordeur, Albunea, ambrozy, Aibohphobia, alwatson, 30 invisible), 1994 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Hi Friends, You are cordially invited to join me at NYC's best jazz piano club, Mezzrow, on Sunday, Nov. 13th, from 5-7 PM for a solo concert by moi and a master class on the magnificent playing of Keith Jarrett with Charlie Haden. This will be fun
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs. CA97 (and CA67) by JoBert @ Today at 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By McBuster From the CAx5 to CAx7 there is very little difference. Actually, there is one big difference: The addition of the two Shigeru Kawai voices SK-EX and SK-5 as additional high quality voices. This difference is quite substa
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by Frédéric L @ Today at 11:36 AM

I have the same question "Where is the additional energy coming from ?" A naive representation of the energy transfer could be : Struck strings => soundboard => unstruck strings => dampers And the pedal switch to : Struck strin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is your sheet music buying out of control? by Miguel Rey @ Today at 11:25 AM

Yes, I buy way ahead.
Jump to new posts Re: PS-Re: MIDI ... on Roland HP504, HP506 and HP508 by Frédéric L @ Today at 11:19 AM

Oops, I was replying considering the OP's post from 2014... about a BK-7m. Yes, a simple standard USB cable (A-B), like the one used for a printer is enough ! There is no need to search a MIDI implementation chart if you just need to do simple thin
Adult Beginners Forum
Heather, different teachers will have different approaches and goals. I am being cautious because you write "never experiences" and so you are concerned about this "never", rather than that it should always be. Nonetheless I'd l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does all the music go? by cefinow @ Today at 11:10 AM

[Jobert] I expected a deeply philosophical question about "where the music goes" Haha... Me too… I started to hear Peter, Paul, and Mary singing "Where has all the music gone"… (Or something like that) Personally, I think th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does "tone deaf" mean to you? by zrtf90 @ Today at 10:43 AM

There is a clinical definition that doesn't need input from me. The colloquial definition means they don't like The Beatles.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this possible? by rysowers @ Today at 10:41 AM

Also the room can have a big effect on the sound of the piano. I frequently tell my clients the room is part of the instrument.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need opinion on 13 year old son by spatial @ Today at 09:45 AM

In my opinion, you need to back off. Of course, I don't know you or your son, but that's the impression I get from skimming this thread. I am not a "concert" pianist, but I am a professional musician (collaborative pianist, teacher, organis
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: French Themed Recital Sign-Up Thread by noobpianist90 @ Today at 09:05 AM

To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. Baroque Couperin - Les Barricades Mysterieuses - Sam S Rameau - Nouvelles Suites [1728] (selections) - Sc
Member Recordings
[NEW] Descendants: Wicked World - Rather Be With You (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial by Amosdoll) Hello Descendants Wicked World enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on the new catchy little song called "Rather Be With You". Enjoy! Piano Cove
Jump to new posts Re: Getting there on the N2 by 36251 @ Today at 07:06 AM

Here's is me playing solo piano on my N2 playing All the things you are. I never work up an arrangement (it's so much easier to just turn on record and go - lol.) SoundCloud - All the Things I'm Not - lol
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which is the better piano? by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By gnuboiThe Young Chang Prambergers were pretty nice. I agree, but for the benefit of the OP, this is not a Pramberger. It is not even close.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When maturity and ability don't mesh by hreichgott @ Today at 05:24 AM

Hi JBarry, Don't worry, the ability to handle theory will come with time. There's a lot to be said for giving them a lot of data (pieces) first and then helping them understand theory later when the brain is a little more mature and ready for analyti
FAQ - Piano Forum
You might want to move this question from the FAQ subsection to just the standard Piano Section of the forum -- you will get more help. Checking pianos in neighboring states for pricing is not of benefit to you-- unless you are planning to travel
Adult Beginners Forum
ughhhh Piano Marvel. Playground sessions is so much better.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easy String Calc / Mensurix 5 by BDB @ Today at 03:17 AM

So hang a weight on it. You still will not get any significant audible sound. I suggest that all of you who might be interested in a visual demonstration of the importance of comparative magnitude in combinations of waves take a gander at these:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How not to give up on learning the piano? by Albunea @ Today at 03:07 AM

LOL SadieLady
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 11th Chords by Nahum @ Today at 03:03 AM

What kind of chord is meant: X 7 / 9sus4 ; or Xm7 add11 ; or Xm11 = X7 / 9/11; or modal chord X7 / 9/11? Because from it depends how to play a chord. The last two voicings are played simple: major or minor triad in left hand, major triad at 7
Adult Beginners Forum
20. Jeffrey Jones - Prelude & Fugue in E minor, Op. 87 No. 4 I love everything about this: The composer, your piano, the playing and the piece! This music always gives me shivers, it's just so good. You've just made me forget all my problems and
Adult Beginners Forum
You don't do ear training in a book, but on the piano, or this app is also a good start. On the piano look at these video's look also at other video from Piano-ology for more theory http://www.piano-ology.com/SiteMap.html
Jump to new posts Re: Stagepiano for mainstage by Bachus @ Today at 02:30 AM

Thanks Elmer, i will port this quetsion to the keyboard corner... And since i will not lug my mac everywhere, it should work as a fullfledged stage piano first and foremost... there is just some places where having a PC connected to your keys is no
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By dolce sfogatoPletnev's Nutcracker[...] a hard nut to crack,sorry for the pun. Ouch! I can feel that right where it hurts! Cheers!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stumped on what to do next by hello my name is @ Today at 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By JimFHi there Hello my Name Is. I am just an adult student, so the situation may be quite different from your student(s), but I thought this thread from a few years back might give you some ideas about non-method book pieces that
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Multiple sets of regulating buttons?
by jdevajames
10/22/16 03:38 PM
Late Beginner / Early Intermediate Jazz Standard Arrangement
by dmd
10/22/16 03:30 PM
Kurzweil Mark 10 - Looking for other users
by will7370
10/22/16 02:41 PM
Keep Jon Schmidt and his family in your thoughts today
by robinjoyy
10/22/16 02:06 PM
Dave Frank - live master class on Keith Jarrett 11/13 NYC
by Dfrankjazz
10/22/16 12:38 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,323 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,907 Topics
2,565,005 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission