Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
142 registered (alfredo capurso, 255, 36251, accordeur, albumblatter, Abby Pianoman, 38 invisible), 1729 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha M217 age? by Cy Shuster, RPT @ Today at 03:58 PM

I serviced a Yamaha M217 studio recently, with a serial number prefix of "B". I couldn't find this prefix in Yamaha's reference or in Pierce. Weren't the "M" models were made in the US? It appears to be from the 80's (three pe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By Brometeo Not a bad piano at all. Perhaps I waited for more "love" in details. Then get into that Virtual Technician and give it some love .
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning an overdamper with stick mutes? by Mark R. @ Today at 03:51 PM

Success! To give credit where it's due, Jurgen had already contacted me behind the scenes and advised much as Alfredo had: not to remove the damper mechanism, but rather tilt or remove the action as far as possible in order to strip mute, tune the m
I spent a few weeks in Nicaragua last summer. I didn't see a single acoustic piano nor any shops selling them. Nicaragua is wonderful but the populace is still mostly poor. There's an emerging middle class but they're emerging from a profound pove
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Johannes Brahms' Intermezzo Op. 118 No. 2 by joe80 @ Today at 03:41 PM

I don't agree with you that this is a proper representation of the 19th Century style. Or, more importantly, I don't think this is how Brahms would have wanted this piece played. Obviously we can't go back and ask him, but why is the tempo all over t
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Abby Pianoman @ Today at 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By Just AlanDear Iophyiomis, I am astounded that you have had to return 3 MP7s and are currently awaiting your 4th. For Kawai to replace your MP7 3 times, they must have agreed that each time you had a valid problem I think it s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anything like Rocksmith for keys? by earlofmar @ Today at 03:38 PM

there is Synthesia here
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by zillybug @ Today at 03:34 PM

Happy Birthday mom3gram Judy
Pianist Corner
I think you linked the wrong album.
Hello, maybe you are interested in a similar project with a Honeywell hall-sensor shown here: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?pid=937672#p937672
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano quiz #4 by Chewbacca @ Today at 02:42 PM

The crystalline tone reminds me a lot of the few Seiler upright I played years ago. Is it one? Cheers, C
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By albumblatter....I've timed myself before and I was able to play Dante in 15:30..... That's a risky set-up if this means you'll be forced to be conscious of the timing and maybe to play faster than how you feel the piece -- and it
Piano Forum
It's interesting to see his perspective that the new Masons are equal to the "golden era" Masons, whereas it seems to be the general opinion on this forum that they are quite different instruments tonally. Yet he does mention that the clas
Pianist Corner
I'd stay away from one-size-fits-all statements like the metronome is crucial, or that it's helpful for anyone learning a given piece. It depends on your skill level, and your particular strengths and weaknesses. In my own case, subtleties of phrasi
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann - Sonata G minor op. 22 by Pathbreaker @ Today at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By verqueue I didn't think about it to be humorous, but now I think you're right. I have a problem with playful music ;), in real life I'm not cheerful, so for me it's hard to find this kind of moods. For this I think the piece is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Sand Tiger @ Today at 01:54 PM

Rnaple, good to see your pixels again. Stubbie, a grand piano? Congrats on moving towards that upgrade. Ben Boule, congrats on your new acoustic rental. Sounds like a few folks have been going through a piano funk. I remain in a similar boat. What h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: open-ended questions: weight of 7 footers by ChickGrand @ Today at 01:39 PM

If you research Chickering, you will find an incredible range, with all sorts of plate designs, ranging from light to very heavy. I'll wager the cost of my next moving bill if I'm wrong. I paid five times the cost to move it last time that I paid fo
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chopin's Prelude Op. 28 No. 20 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Michael SayersIt isn't any different than what was notated. The score is marked fortissimo and largo at the beginning, and all original notation was adhered to including the first edition repeate
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lightness Of Touch by joe80 @ Today at 01:08 PM

Yes, everything starts in the mind, and our intellect and will commands our technique. Our perception of the sound we want comes first, and even that is commanded by what we want to communicate. Of course, you need a good technical training, but eve
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Interesting insight into Chopin's compositional methods. by ChopinLives81 @ Today at 12:48 PM

I found this quoted account by George Sand on how Chopin would go about composing. I find some deep fascination in this because it's so similar to how I compose. I also feel this depicts how Chopin could sometimes be a faithful servant/slave to his o
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new M&H... by dynamobt @ Today at 12:31 PM

Congratulations!!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Coda on Tcherepnin's Bagatelles Op.5 by izaldu @ Today at 12:22 PM

Thanks for the reply, Possum Rat I just found this on youtube, thought i'd leave it here, Tcherepnin played the coda himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBOvJJ7FENQ I guess that settles it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 80's Bluethner baby grand. by joe80 @ Today at 12:19 PM

You know what in certain European countries, if a piano hasn't been reconditioned it's rarely completely cleaned out. That's true of most dealers in the UK too. I don't like it either but it's perfectly normal. I hadn't noticed that bridge pin - yo
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverusI think the very opening of the Prelude is some of the most thrilling music there is. Anyone else think it sounds a little like Handel? I never thought of it that way before now. You are quite right, it is very Hand
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Dave Androos @ Today at 11:59 AM

I started learning Ravel's 'Pavane pour une infante defunte' last night. I absolutely love Ravel's music and this is my first attempt at learning something of his. Very happy to get familiar with the first 5 bars I posted the audio on Soundcloud.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha M217 age?
by Cy Shuster, RPT
Today at 03:58 PM
Yamaha DP stuck keys
by Dwscamel
Today at 03:50 PM
Crazy recordings
by Hakki
Today at 02:52 PM
Advice about Gutting Baldwin Piano
by yoerez
Today at 01:19 PM
Interesting insight into Chopin's compositional methods.
by ChopinLives81
Today at 12:48 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,687 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,778 Topics
2,389,532 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission