Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
138 registered (ARpiano, accordeur, AtticCat, Barry1963, 24 invisible), 2362 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Hand synchronisation in upper register by andrew382 @ Today at 04:27 PM

Hello everyone. I kept studying guitar and piano in parallel until late 2012 when I decided to go with the guitar. Recently (october last year) I switched to piano and use my 5 year guitar playing experience to improve things I couldn't either due to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cross Country Moving by AndreaH @ Today at 04:22 PM

Well, I am considering having the professional moving company put it on the truck with our belongings and then have it insured. Any thoughts on that?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: VINTAGE NORTH AMERICAN UPRIGHTS by Karl Watson @ Today at 04:02 PM

Carey: Funnily enough, my maternal grandparents had a tall McPhail that I remember being a really nice old piano, in fact, I don't think that I've ever played an American tall upright that was finer. But then I've never played a Bush & Lane. O
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: podcast recommendation? by dogperson @ Today at 03:49 PM

Chopin documentary: The Women Behind The Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rOOLm3n6GY Rubenstein Documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFEsLdERZwI Horowitz: The Last Romantic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey2SHijm9fk&list=PL9
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by malkin @ Today at 03:48 PM

Furiously scouring airfares.
Adult Beginners Forum
Not really all that difficult to read music if you giv it a serious try. once the basics are known all the little signs just drop in.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Cheap headphone amp recommendation? by Digitalguy @ Today at 03:31 PM

I have 2 HA400 too and am very happy with them, lots of power and zero noise at any volume, I use them with my HD598 (50 ohms) and all my other headphones so that they all have the same volume, and above all they allow me to lower the volume on both
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Challenge of Aural Piano Tuning by David Boyce @ Today at 03:16 PM

Quote:you can usually count on the fact that most people do not hear out of tune intervals and if you just focus on clean unisons you will likely be ok Indeed. That reminded me of comments by technician Linda Marten, on p65 of Steve Brady's excellen
Piano Forum
I think there was a thread here on this subject but I cannot find it. Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ Today at 02:35 PM

47 Bsharp(C)yclist Excellent work for so little experiece. Text book stuff, not a finger wrong! You'll go far. Both on or off the bike! 48 Ivojnovic More lovely work from a true beginner. Splendid tempo, trills and good authorative playing! 49
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Older Cunningham pianos by mc_2 @ Today at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By Rich Galassini Originally Posted By Miguel ReyNo manufacture name anywhere yet a serial#? large crack horribly out of tune? You might want to move on, a lot of options out there. I agree with you Miguel. mc_2, This does
I've found that mi laptop (i7 4710mq 8Gb RAM) has the internal sound chip on the same irq than wifi card... If the connection is active, it does not matter the settings, from time to time there will be some glitches. On older operating systems those
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning the brass by LindebladPiano @ Today at 01:47 PM

Hello, We use Flitz Polish on brass exteriors. http://www.flitz.com/ However, polish only solid brass; don’t polish nickel. This resource references soap and warm water or a white vinegar solution for stubborn nickel spots. https://www.referenc
Pianist Corner
MarkH, in my country it is a must if you want to stay at the university. They can transfer you into senior lecturer position but our authorities have been reforming the system to make it even cheaper for central budget, so there is no guarantee that
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Groove OnTeachers and books: Improv is one of those things that's most effectively transmitted directly from teacher to student. But these books have many interesting ideas that can add to your knowledge: Pattern Play series by F
Jump to new posts Re: CLP 585, LX-7 and LX-17 key weight by Gombessa @ Today at 12:57 PM

All DPs have touch sensitivity settings; it can have a profound effect on the perception of light or heavy action!
Jump to new posts Re: Short sustained sound of Boston GP 193 by S. Phillips @ Today at 12:45 PM

I always try to keep it really simple. The first thing I would do is very very lightly seat the strings on the bridge with a vertical hammer shank by gently tapping just to the side of the bearing point of the string/ bridge pin. You would be surpr
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Kalos Piano - I hope you can join us! UKIkarus - I hope you can work it into your plans! It would be nice to see you again.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a spiral binder to music books by Theory Grl @ Today at 12:29 PM

My equipment was all things that I had left over from my teaching career, so I use it rather than pay someone else to bind my books. The spiral binder was about $50. Paper cutter around &35. Plastic binding combs are approximately $5 a box depend
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Goss @ Today at 12:13 PM

and the controls, and rainlink, and the expansion slots, and.. ^^
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By pianoloverusI'm going to sneak in the night before through the adjacent building(I actually did this for Horowitz's 1966 Historic Return recital!)and paint the upper balcony orange, OK? I'm for it. Small point: The Historic Re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by scorpio @ Today at 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By bSharp[C yclistMy teacher assigned this yesterday. It's from RCM Level 3, List C. It's prettier than Clowns and easier to learn I think. I'll certainly be practicing it more before the next lesson, I'm sure my teacher will point
Jump to new posts Re: A question about twelths by Beemer @ Today at 11:10 AM

Mark, I appreciate the detailed reply you gave me. Just now I am working through your podcasts so that I have not missed something fundamental. I see how the G#2 fits being the 6th partial but it is not obvious to me how you knew to choose this pa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz versions of classical music by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusand the best Fur Elise ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCfGXwx1mJs Most of the 2 million views on that video are me from watching it over the years again and again and again.
Jump to new posts Busking Nord Electro 4 + Vocal: POWER by AndrewMac @ Today at 11:03 AM

Hi there, I´m new here, this is my first post! I´m planning to Busk to get a bit of extra cash always needed. What i have: - Nord Electro 4 - vocal mic (shure beta) What i need: - Amplifier for both vocal and keys - Power for keys and amplif
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best value actions
by pinkfloydhomer
02/20/17 05:55 PM
kawai cn21 hum noise
by TomWu
02/20/17 05:49 PM
Practicing advice?
by sara elizabeth
02/20/17 05:45 PM
My recent Interview at my work playing the piano
by Sam4
02/20/17 05:03 PM
iPad or PC Brass, Sax and/or Guitar Sounds
by newbert
02/20/17 05:03 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,738 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,613 Topics
2,600,262 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission