Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (anotherscott, augustm, ando, 31 invisible), 1242 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: More Brahms by Tony007 @ Today at 03:52 AM

Hi Tim Adrianson! Thanks a lot for all your interesting and benevolent remarks! About "extent of retards": Yes, there could be less, and sometimes I even did less! But in this particular recording my mood lead me to more. Every recording
Jump to new posts Chopin nocturne opus.9 no.3 by Saffet @ Today at 03:42 AM

I continue to study Chopin and in this respect I am trying to interprete nocturne no 3. Comments suggestions will definitely improve my playing. https://soundcloud.com/saffet-bayka/nocturnetakethree-m4a
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Ballade op. 118 No 3 by Tony007 @ Today at 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveIt should dance Interesting point of view.... Brahms wrote lots of "dancing" music, yes, but I don't think this gloomy ballad is part of it....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT Pictures for the music room by PhilipInChina @ Today at 02:39 AM

Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Used kawai ca 63 by Nordomus @ Today at 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenWeak amps and speakers are common with DP's. If you check the specs on the Yamaha Avant Grands, you'll see more than 100 watts of power. Most DP's have much less than needed to match acoustic upright or grand-piano
Originally Posted By cracoucaxSlightly OT, but did you try Pianoteq ? I ask because it would certainly run without having to upgrade anything on your machine since it's much more lightweight than Galaxy. So if you never tried it, you might want to t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pedal by Nordomus @ Today at 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By PurkoyI usually get one of the servants to pedal for me. Perfect solution
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Tender Manifesto: Courage and Confidence by SiFi @ Today at 02:03 AM

I see several posts from pianists who doubt their abilities or feel they aren't making progress. Here's my response. Don't doubt yourself. There's a huge element of truth to the adage "practice makes perfect." Do it slowly, but with fee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Specific techniques/tips for staying relaxed? by chopin_r_us @ Today at 01:45 AM

It's a life's work.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Friederich Gulda's Emperor by jeffreyjones @ Today at 01:44 AM

This is one of those pieces that can sound unremarkable even in good performances.. and then in the right hands you would think it's the greatest piece of music ever written. Gulda definitely falls into the latter category.
Sorry I forget to post the video xD https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9NmvtXWuMx8
Piano Forum
Free? I think the quote from Blake runs: He who laughs at infant's faith Shall be mocked in age and death.
Adult Beginners Forum
I talked to my teacher about this. She said "you play it fine. if you played it 10 times a day every day for two weeks it would be perfect". So, I'm currently doing this and in two weeks I hope to post a recording. Thanks all for your advic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My thoughts on Mason and Hamlin grands... by PhilipInChina @ Today at 01:38 AM

I refrained from commenting earlier on this post. When I read it I thought it would make the fur fly!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing music benefits your brain the most! by phantomFive @ Today at 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By RalphOriginally Posted By BDBI know many mathematicians who play music Originally Posted By Just Steven Most mathematicians that I know How many mathematicians are there? I don't know any. My company had half a dozen or mo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brian Ganz - Masterclass Maestro by SiFi @ Today at 01:00 AM

As an afterthought, how much are masterclass teachers paid for their services? There's a video of Lang Lang doing one with some kid playing Islamey. To be honest, there wasn't lots of value-added. But there was some. So I'm curious as to how much
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Moti2000 @ Today at 12:43 AM

Just bought it from a musician who relocated to another country. USER LOCATION: France MAKE: Roland MODEL: KR 115 CONDITION: as new PRICE PAID: 1400 EUR DELIVERY CHARGE: pick up VENDOR LOCATION: France VENDOR NAME: private PURCHASE DATE: November 2
Jump to new posts Re: Successor to Kawai CS-10 in sight? by Kawai James @ Today at 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By SoloVoyagerOk, I guess that means nothing in sight for now. James, are you here? Any news? Yes, I'm here. I agree with Morodiene. Cheers, James x
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three Ghostly Waltzes for Piano & Orchestra Opus 3 by Polyphonist @ Today at 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By J Joe TownleyOriginally Posted By Polyphonisthttps://www.xsplit.com How much is it? Looks good. Free, supposedly.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SF10 Bridge Separation by Chris Storch @ Today at 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By McKnightI wonder how common this glue failure is. I have had a Baldwin SF10 in my tuning clientele for the past 2 years. It was manufactured circa 1990 and it has this exact same problem with the treble bridge.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Menuet 116 JS Bach Study -- by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Originally Posted By piano_primo_1I wasn't sure if classical harmony compositions had to have a complete triad to "make" a named bass line chord progression...Classical harmony is just Western harmony. There aren'
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering grand; under-damper with multipart plate by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 12:22 AM

The way the pin block is tilted presents serious structural integrity issues plus the crowding of the pins, plus the block is probably laminated from flat-sawn maple which is not as sturdy. Chickering continued with the sloped pin-block area for quit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "He Makes Music"--A Short Personal Story by Carey @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By jotur Whoops, dupe. But I think it's ok to smile twice - Andy's stories always make me smile. He's that kind of guy - and an excellent musician to boot !
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bridge caps - not solid wood? by John Pels @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

I've used quarter-sawn maple for bridge caps. As to Baldwin, their laminated bridge survived submersion in my Katrina SD...well sort of, the glue joints were unscathed,but the water got down into the bridge pins and the corrosion destroyed the bridge
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] Pewdiepie - The Backdoor (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Hello Pewdiepie enthusiasts! Enjoy my piano cover on his new song released yesterday called "The Backdoor". Yes, the backdoor is the door that you are thinking right now you sicko. https://youtu.be/yzjjkfr-R2M
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Played the Kawai CA17, 67, and 97
by maurus
23 minutes 20 seconds ago
Playing for the ballet studio director today...
by TwoSnowflakes
33 minutes 22 seconds ago
MIDI wire, newbie question
by Snail
Today at 06:55 AM
Is this professional?
by AZNpiano
Today at 03:58 AM
Tender Manifesto: Courage and Confidence
by SiFi
Today at 02:03 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,600 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,681 Topics
2,471,020 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission