Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11. Can't get sound right by Savante @ Today at 04:22 PM

I was not so happy with the EP setups out of the box. I thought the effect settings, in particular, were not so good. But I could immediately tell that the underlying EP samples were excellent, and I've managed to create some pretty good EP setups, t
Pianist Corner
I'm fast approaching a point where I have no interest in following competitions at all, corrupt or otherwise. I just don't understand what the point is, and the playing is rarely interesting.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used piano buying choices by wimpiano @ Today at 04:07 PM

LOL @Rich D.
Jump to new posts Re: Another reason to love the MP11 by jtsn @ Today at 04:05 PM

BTW: You can remove the advertising stickers on the C8 key. They serve no purpose outside the showroom.
Jump to new posts Carrying Bah for Rokit 6 G3 monitors? by Mta88 @ Today at 03:39 PM

Hi Guys. I placed an order for a pair of Rokit 6 G3 studio monitors a while ago but haven't been able to get it to Trinidad. The speakers were shipped to my uncle who lives in Houston but the box they were shipped in are way to big for travel.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for my next piece by Mallory @ Today at 03:38 PM

Yes, I really like the sound of anime OSTs for some reason ^^'
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Arnaldo Cohen by Francisco Scalco @ Today at 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: sophialOriginally Posted By: vlhorowitzCouldn't agree more about the Scherzos and your assessment, wr. I heard him perform these on Sunday, and my goodness, he's a wonderful pianist... @sophial: It's not a typo. I can't say wh
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes crisp clear tone? by SMHaley @ Today at 03:28 PM

Of course the Bose 290 Imperial wasn't initially designed just for extra resonance from additional bass notes.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First time piano buyer - please help! by Ksi @ Today at 03:08 PM

This Steinway is one of those limited editions... only 30 pianos made... and i can't believe that i actually entertained a bunch of kids two weeks ago by playing for them something called "Doggie Waltz" (don't ask :)) I paid absolutely n
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: compositional methods by Dachshund @ Today at 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersMaybe someone here has a position on if it is worthwhile to compose while not inspired. Unless it is your source (or one of your sources) of income, then I don't see why you have to. It's not like you're going to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Magic Users Thread by HisKidd @ Today at 02:52 PM

Cats… Congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild - Jaxson! Cat's doesn't have as much time these days to play her new MP7, so I've offered to take good care of if for her. Funny, she has yet to respond! Lol! Play On! H.K.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs CA95 by markmarz @ Today at 02:37 PM

Thanks James! It's a pleasure.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: The MonkeysQuote:Turned out he couldn't quit, he was obligated for a year; and the owner threatened legal action. Did you mean illegal action? I have only heard about cases that employers were obligated to keep an employee
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meaning of Perfect Fith in music theory by Gadzar @ Today at 02:18 PM

Yes iH in pianos makes tuning an impossible puzzle.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance for Publishing by Dachshund @ Today at 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersIf the music is registered for copyright then I can't think of any potential issues with sharing the scores How does one register music for copyright? I have my name and the copyright sign, but is there more to thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Fantastic! Place no 39 of 2229! I'm truely amazed what they can make in that tiny little kitchen. After the trip to Lissabon, I realised that my iD card was expired in februari. Nobody said anything. Guess I was lucky. Next time I should check my t
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm still pluggin' along, up to Brahm's Lullaby. Getting near the halfway point in the all-in-one book. I did get the Alfred's Greatest Hits #2, and these arrangements are much nicer that the GH#1, Thanks Alex. I also picked up "Jazz, Rags, an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How struts define pitch variation between tunings by Larry Buck @ Today at 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Larry BuckIf I might add a suggestion for additional consideration. I should say I have read, pitch is an exponential relationship to tension. Double the tension, quadruple the pitch. ** See below Depending on the scaling of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin E250 1998 by Rich Galassini @ Today at 01:08 PM

Go to the PTG website and click on "Find A Technician". Follow the prompts from there.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Mason & Hamlin BB with Live Performance by eugene_bb @ Today at 12:50 PM

I posted long time ago about my BB purchase, and we have decided to add a player to it. We are going with the live performance lx, and the installer will pick it up today. Hopefully, it will be as great as everyone says. Supposedly, it will take 3
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Finger "Tapes": Purpose? by Michael Sayers @ Today at 12:41 PM

Hi Donald, in case you didn't read the post, I want to mention here that your live performance of Totentanz linked in the Members Recordings section is tremendous! There are a few special recordings/recorded performances of it out there, yours is sp
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Kawai MP11 display screen peel-off by Starboard @ Today at 12:29 PM

Peeling off the protective cover for MP11 display.
Piano Forum
I played a 6 foot Mason Hamlin in a bedroom. The reflected sound off the walls and ceiling is rather distracting. But if your space opens out into something else, it will be better. You may need to tame a few echos. Softer hammers will remove som
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 shipping damage by Starboard @ Today at 12:27 PM

Pictures update.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Who doesn't like classical music? by Tony007 @ Today at 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: michaelhaMost of the older classical styles isn't my thing either. I wouldn't use the word hate, but I view some of it as "exercises on a musical instrument." I don't think it's a question of "old" and &qu
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
148 registered (ABC Vermonter, Acevle, ajames, anotherscott, Arizona Sage, 42 invisible), 1658 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156313 Topics
2295719 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano software without sheet music
by OneSixty
07/31/14 06:05 PM
Transcribing Music
by Tigero
07/31/14 05:31 PM
Yamaha P-105 or the Casio PRIVIA px-135?
by Acevle
07/31/14 05:30 PM
Another reason to love the MP11
by Markarian
07/31/14 03:57 PM
Digital Piano for a Musical
by well23
07/31/14 03:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission