Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mystery Alternate Ending to Rach's 2nd Concerto by doctor S @ Today at 12:14 PM

I dunno...I played this once...with all the notes. Entremont sounds like he might have been running out of steam? It sounds like he's simply playing descending octaves in both hands: C B A GG E (?) (you wizard transcribers, this should be easy),
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by Moonflow @ Today at 12:09 PM

Thanks for all the great feedbacks. So I should ensure around 80% when on speaker and around 40% on headphones? I'm still quite new and have no idea how loud an acoustic sounds.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Albert Vant's Piano Scale Making by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:52 AM

What I have often noticed is that the best woodworking decisions in piano construction will often result in the best acoustic reasons.
Composer's Lounge
A piano piece for the Summer comp - Soundcloud link HERE SCORE
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reasonable Expectations for a Piano Dealer by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 11:18 AM

Bill - I like how you think! The dealer is trying to make a sale so he/she should do everything possible to meet your expectations. Often, older pianos at a dealership, will get a general inspection but usually not a lot of fine detailing such as r
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts The Touch Pg 5 (Summer composing comp) by Firefinch @ Today at 11:17 AM

Pg 5
Jump to new posts The Touch pg 4 (Summer composing comp) by Firefinch @ Today at 11:16 AM

Pg 4
Jump to new posts The Touch pg 3 (Summer composing comp) by Firefinch @ Today at 11:14 AM

Pg 3
Jump to new posts The Touch Pg 2 (Summer composing comp) by Firefinch @ Today at 11:13 AM

Pg 2
Jump to new posts Re: Is 52% - 62% humidity okay? by Miguel Rey @ Today at 11:02 AM

I also purchased a couple azurite's and tested spot on in a certified humidity chamber.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Copying a maker's scale design by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Today at 11:02 AM

Chickering had the prototype "modern" piano sound going before Steinway. Their bass tone is often superior, the trebles almost always not- by switching to quartered maple bridges that are crown conformed and getting the bridge heights tall
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What a difference a good piano makes! by doctor S @ Today at 10:46 AM

I've been thinking about a golf analogy: Ben Hogan said he loved huge galleries behind the green; he could fire at the pin with impunity and the gallery would stop any overshoot! My 5th fingers are so tiny I could use them to pick old-fashioned lo
Jump to new posts The Touch Pg 1 (Summer composing comp) by Firefinch @ Today at 10:38 AM

P 1
Jump to new posts Re: Damp Chaser question. by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieIsn't it possible to use volatile electrolytes so that they evaporate along with distilled H2O and not leave a solid residue? Does anybody know of one that is not corrosive or toxic? Why not just buy the formulated
Adult Beginners Forum
A good question and one I likely should have also asked long ago. Originally Posted By: keystringMelody is commonly in the upper notes, but not always. Listen ... What I have found is that sometimes the score will not do a very good job in de
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 10:20 AM

I love hyperbole.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Apology to Rich Galassini & Cunningham Music by Minnesota Marty @ Today at 10:17 AM

ca·thar·sis /ke'THärsis/ noun 1. the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions. synonyms: emotional release, relief, release, venting
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Grands then playing The New Roland by EssBrace @ Today at 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: StrangeCatI had no idea that the new digital pianos would feel this close to a Grand Piano, I really could barely tell the difference.... I'm sorry but I just can't take posts like this seriously.
Originally Posted By: OlekOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By: GrandpianomanJohnkie, Thanks for your explanation, very informative. Question...is it true that there is a slight amount of flagpolling in using a tuning lever
Piano Forum
Sam it sounds like you are very difficult to please! The Schimmel is a good piano, exceptionally well made, and that particular example looks pristine. If he's offering it for £18,000 and you have the money, then take it because they cost about £32,
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks fizikisto for your opinion. I guessed it is a good program . I'm using their other software (Piano method) and already learnt a lot. It complement perfectly Alfred's book. Ouch! It will be then REALLY frustrating with EarMaster! As it is now
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need name of this music by neuralfirings @ Today at 09:29 AM

And if all else fails? Transcribe the music yourself or pay somebody to do it. Here's somebody who does this for $5 http://www.fiverr.com/scribeemusic/transcribe-your-music-into-sheet-music (if you look around the site there are other people who of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Silver Keys @ Today at 09:26 AM

What an impressive accomplishment, FarmGirl! You should be proud. Me, I'm back to practicing after a two week break full of some camping and spending lots of time with the kids.
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by UnrightTooner @ Today at 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT Again, the real elephant in the room is beat speed sensitivity. If you can't tell if F#3A#3 is between FA and GB, you won't be able to get good accuracy on ET, IMHO. Does anyone else feel this way? What have
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
You know I find books limited, for me on line videos are better...you can hear and see
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
158 registered (36251, acortot, accordeur, 47 invisible), 1958 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75479 Members
42 Forums
156063 Topics
2291663 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Performing Chopin's preludes
by JoelW
7 minutes 48 seconds ago
Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students
by fnork
40 minutes 47 seconds ago
Getting started with MIDI: One question.
by 90SITA
52 minutes 20 seconds ago
Remembering what to play
by kipale
Today at 11:33 AM
Time to change teacher?
by AndresD
Today at 09:34 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission