Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
57 registered (AZNpiano, barbaram, Beemer, Ben_NZ, AdrianR, 6 invisible), 1571 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher? by ~Ryan @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Wow! thanks for all the great input. dmd - some reassurance and encouragement may be all I need Peter - Actually got a name of someone that plays for the children theatre - Jazz I'm told... Great idea. earlofmar - good advice for what to look for
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is There Something Wrong With My Thought Pattern? by motomike1961 @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. After giving this some additional thought, I concluded I am crazy and now looking at acoustic pianos. I raised my budget to $10K and started looking at used baby grands. Will keep you folks updated on the piano
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-7 - Worth Repairing? by PSE @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Thanks to all for the additional thoughts and ideas. As it turns out I was able to negotiate a much lower cost to do the repairs. Enough of a discount that I'm going to go ahead with it and avoid the additional cash layout for a new keyboard. But on
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

Hello Andrew, Originally Posted By AndrewGleibmanCan you please elaborate this, and maybe give some links. I think spanishbuddha's post has lots of good suggestions. For string sounds specifically, I would take a look at iSymphonic Orchestra also.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What technique do you use to move pin small increments? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerMark, Sorry it was indeed "Double String Unison". I should have checked! On further thinking about your rubber band video and it's analogy to NSL tension I am wondering if using Protek on agraffes or bars is a
Jump to new posts Re: Greased rollers.... by S. Phillips @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

I would be very careful with solvents. The knuckles are likely Ecsaine. Products made from this material caution against solvents as cleaners. Many expensive cars use this material as upholstery. I would find a product recommened for this material a
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Ydp 131 sound problem (interference) by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Wow, great info! Thanks for sharing!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Bellicapelli, please note that the ease with which the 'top' sample layer can be reached is a characteristic of the instrument, decided by the product development team. This is a separate point from the MIDI bug highlighted by Pocomoto and confirmed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

Oh yes, I'd love to learn some Spanish songs. Here is a French singer, but perhaps you know some of her songs: France Gall? She started out as sort of 60s bubble gum pop, and then involved into... something more. Here's one of my favorite songs of
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

I never do anything like that.
Jump to new posts Re: Where to find latency information? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

What is latency? - comprehensive tweaking for either mac or windows platform from Native Instruments. Neat visual explanation for latency in the video below although there's a detail overlooked in the author's explanation IMO.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Back to School - at 62? by JimF @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

Congrats, Sam! that keyboard skills class sounds interesting but OMG intimidating to have to do all that stuff on the fly. Best, Jim
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Goes Your Music Room Holiday Decorating? by ChatNoir @ Yesterday at 06:00 PM

This is what the top of my Estonia looks like at Christmas.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone play any of Handel's Suites ... ? by pianopi @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By VidShould be played more often. Are you working on them? Yes, I am. I need to clean up my playing (and get out of hiding my weaknesses in pedal and rubato ..), so I am working through some Baroque works, and discovered Handel's
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a Beginner Keyboard for a Friend by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

I was re-introduced to playing, when I started to fool around on a Korg X5D (a low-end, PCM-based synth from 15 or more years ago). I'd picked it up at auction, years before, for $60, and it sat in a closet for a long time. It was intriguing . . .
Originally Posted By TonyDIGITALAbsolutely! I will buy it again anytime. It's the best touch action available for $700. The sound is weak though but I don't care since I run VST I'll second that, great piano touch, just bought one a couple weeks ag
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by jokke @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Have been practicing Sibelius' Le Sapin (op 75 no 5) for hours and hours, finally have more or less mastered the notes in the middle part! Practice results on Soundcloud Tempo needs to be doubled and it doesn't yet sound correct (have piano lesso
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs. Acoustic by TonyDIGITAL @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Digital = affordable, quiet practice, flexibility, more amateur'ish Analog = connection, the real thing, luxury, advanced / expert level So it's a question of money IMHO
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

I have tried the Chopin's Fantaisie Impromptu (a little heavy piece of music) with 1.25GB, 2GB and 4GB of memory allocated. With 1.25GB, Garritan CFX repports 2 disk loss (measured twice), and with 2GB or 4GB, 0 disk loss. I couldn't get Garritan to
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by BillTheSlink @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

USER LOCATION: Cincinnati, OHIO, USA MAKE: Casio MODEL: CGP-700 CONDITION: New stock returned from previous sale like new PRICE PAID: $679 USD Financed interest free for three years DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: Internet VENDOR NAME: Musicia
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DGX 660 or Casio PX860 or Something Else? by BillTheSlink @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenOriginally Posted By BeakybirdRegarding headphone jack, you could run an extension cable and velcroit to the front .. +1. IMHO, this kind of nit-picking is not a good way to choose (or eliminate from consideration
Jump to new posts Re: A (Most Likely) Crazy Question.... by Kbeaumont @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Easy peasy on a Mac install a program called 'Mainstage' on PC there is a similiar program called Cantabile. Cantible: https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/ Mainstage: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mainstage-3/id634159523?mt=12 I use Mainstag
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano parties in Leiden, The Netherlands by torquenale @ Yesterday at 03:22 PM

Hi Peter, my husband works near Leiden but unfortunately he only plays the saxophone. I usually spend there 3-4 weeks every year in August, but my Dutch is really basic and my piano ability far from great But I will consider your offer for next A
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade stand for MP11 by newer player @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

Really nice. I also liked the bookshelf as it makes use of otherwise wasted depth. You might consider moving that silver/blue amp (?) underneath the keyboard, perhaps attaching it to the outside left leg. You could also put a hangar for your headpho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Solo Piano Christmas Radio by Stellaria @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Thanks, scorpio, I have really enjoyed this. Look Ma, no commercials!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784
by pinkfloydhomer
53 minutes 34 seconds ago
Stride Piano
by john f
Today at 03:54 AM
Pomodoro technique for pianists
by ldiebold
Today at 12:48 AM
Don't know what to say
by chasingrainbows
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
I fiddled around on CA97, LX17, and GP500
by Beakybird
Yesterday at 08:34 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,798 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,840 Topics
2,576,719 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission