Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (Amateur Jerry, AllanH, Anticlock, AmateurBob, Anne'sson, 21 invisible), 1188 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts New version " Canon in C " ( talent guys) by Hoangtran @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

I have never seen a pianist who runs fingers so fast like this guy. He just play piano 3 year, but his achievement is very proud. If you like, subscribe to get more his video in the future. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du5tnU08ihE
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ringing in mid-range on a Bluthner by Robert 45 @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I remember a "ringing" on an old 1902 Blüthner upright that I had. Probably, it was mostly because of the aging, over-damper action that was no longer as efficient as it had been. I used to wonder how this piano would have sounded when ne
Piano Teachers Forum
Hi Farzanjj, Can you give us some clues about where you are with learning this? It sounds like you want to learn it, but don't know where to start, is that right? Since you don't play by ear, do you usually learn piano music by reading? (are you look
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: An interview with Eleanor Sokoloff - Pt.1 by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By TwoSnowflakes Yes, her name was Rose Light, and she lived here in Philadelphia. She has a son, Herb Light, a violinist in the Philadelphia Orchestra, and his wife is Yocheved Kaplinsky, who is
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: FP80 or DP90e? by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:15 PM

The DP90 is very expensive. The DP90SE (The old model was the DP90S) even more so, on account of the shiny black finish. And better keyboard action. And, I believe, the piano voices are better too. It does look a million dollars and weighs in at
I spent a couple of hours in London recently going between Yamaha Music London (Just yamahas, obviously) and Rose Morris (Kawai and Roland). Would have been so much easier if you could get them all in the same shop rather than a 5 minute walk!! For m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fake book by Greener @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

"What is a fakebook?" Provides the bare bones essentials of what you need to play the piece. Melody - Written on treble clef Harmony - Written as chords above treble clef Rhythm - Provided by time signature and note values. The rest
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Valencia, the Scarlatti was really pretty, and the Beethoven Bagatelle was joyful and lively. Nice pieces!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: And I thought ... by the nosy ape @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibGalassini... that's a composer, right? But what did I order last night at Zeferilli's? I don't know... Galssini Carbonara, mmmmm......
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My New Digital Piano - Williams Legato by CarlH @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

I've had the Williams for 5 days now and I must say that I am quite impressed. Very simple digital piano,88 semi-weighted keys and the piano sound does sound pretty good. The volume from the onboard speakers suck pretty much, but I have the headpho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you allow students to choose what to learn? by lovepianoteaching @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

I think it's important for the students to play music they engage with as they will be able to play with more expression, get more pleasure from it, and also be more motivated to practice. However, sometimes I'll really limit the choice to maybe tw
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Special Needs or, behavior issues, or normal? by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

There would be no risk if I asked the store to switch the student to another teacher, as long as there are other teachers who have the availability. The store does not expect teachers to be subjected to students who are rude and/or otherwise difficu
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

That's great! I hope that it brings you many years of enjoyment!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Assistance with a Piano for My Daughter by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

SMP from "piano buyer" on a new GX-2 is 33K. On a new RX-2C is 26K. One can usually get 20-25% knocked off of those numbers. Yes, I think 16K is a bit high, but not ridiculous "you've got to be kidding" high, especially if the p
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P45. by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

What you hear or don't hear, isn't always the truth. All I'm saying is, that at least for myself, I will not believe that a particular brand is more reliable than another, until I get some facts and data to support that claim. I've not only seen comp
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Storybook" by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

I have to watch an ad to listen to your piece, fughettaboutit.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy Fugue by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

I've posted a new version of this piece. I took many of the comments to heart by putting a short trill at the beginning of the theme and working hard to give the piece more topology. I'd forgotten I put some strettos in this fugue and they got lost i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 08:37 AM

Someone reminded us that even at slow speed we need to practice with the emotion and message in the playing. That was a timely reminder for me and I'm taking my time with page 1 to practice it with the mood I want to set. My practice time is limite
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Short list of music you'd like to play by Groove On @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

A little lovely set Malagueña, Ernesto Lecuona Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Franz Liszt Speak Softly, Love (Godfather Theme), Nino Rota
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Una Corda Pedal does not Shift Enough by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By wimpianoYou are welcome. In your case though I would start playing and studying for a couple of years and leave the screwdrivers alone. It's amazing what can be broken with little adjustments.. I am not a tech, just a pianist wi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on a Chickering grand by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 06:07 AM

Just following your adventure Dustin. Sorry about the Chickering, but it probably was not the brightest star for you anyway. PianoBuyer.com is a great resource for you. Use it. Keep us posted. We are happy to help if we can.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing fast and with a steady beat? by Rerun @ Yesterday at 05:51 AM

Hey Win, I'd say study that underlying rhythm with your ears while you are watching his hands beginning around 1:40 on your vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcIThsI-RnA Also, go to about 0:30 on this tape where Toussaint has slowed that basic
Jump to new posts Re: CA95 and HP-508 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By imperialbariPS. This board operates a bit differently from other music boards that I follow. One thing I haven’t figured yet is about email notification, when there are answers to my postings. Please tell me how to get such ema
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Piano and Cello duet by Francoisfj @ Yesterday at 05:01 AM

Hello, this is a piece I've been composing, there are still some things i want to arrange, especially the end pages, but I'm posting it anyway. Any feedback is very appreciated! Piano and Cello duet
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401R vs. Kawai CN-35 by Hendrik42 @ Yesterday at 04:51 AM

I am too much of a novice to make a good comparative statement and I have not actually played the RP401, only the HP504, which, I believe has a slightly different action. Already having a acoustic upright, will you play the DP with headphones mostly
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
adult tutor books
by lovepianoteaching
04/18/15 12:44 AM
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
04/17/15 10:19 PM
Hi im NEW
by DigitalC
04/17/15 09:42 PM
I want to publish a thank you. Please check.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
04/17/15 08:55 PM
new Yamaha P-105, headphones don't turn off speakers
by carojm36
04/17/15 07:28 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,319 Topics
2,397,176 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission