Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: voxpops So much time, money and hassle could be saved if manufacturers would just engage with a bunch of real performing musicians before they commit to production. Plain and simple - best post of 2014.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Memoirs ! ( Impromptu in C# ) by bharatbash @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

Greetings ! I was reminiscing about my old days and long lost mates, and this is what i wrote with those thoughts : http://soundcloud.com/bharat-ssarma/memoirs It's in the key of C sharp. All improvised and in one take. Pardon the background noi
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by Dave Weiser @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

For all work applications (Broadway shows) I use Macbooks with SSD. Over the past few years I've purchased and set up around 100 of them - very robust and reliable. We use RME interfaces because they're also quite reliable. But on these shows someone
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Who's inspiring you right now? by jjo @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Listening to a lot of Woody Shaw,much of which has Onaje Allan Gumbs on piano.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: rock accompaniment block chords - 7ths by tim treford @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: synthplayer But I was just curious, aren't there times in rock songs where you'd WANT that thuddy sound and play all tones of the 7th in the right hand like in my example above? Hi there In my opinion, a lot of good things are
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Medelssohn on meaning in music by sandalholme @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

A writer will tend to regard words as expressing what s/he means and that others will understand; a painter similarly through painting; a composer through music. What is (and I know some will disagree) clear - to me at any rate - is that one art form
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin: Sonata #2 in g-sharp minor, op. 19 by Emanuel Ravelli @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

This is a wonderful performance -- the turbulence and tenderness so characteristic of early Scriabin come shining through in your interpretation. I'm not sure why you think of this as a work in progress. Only a few false notes here and there; when
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Increasing practice time by gynnis @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

I think it's pretty dependent on the child and personality. I started lessons at age 5. My mother was a good pianist (she played Rach 3 when in her teens), so I had plenty of encouragement. My teacher at the time gave me a notebook to record my pr
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My compositions by ValexRs @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

Thank you bharatbash!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by dynamobt @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

I'm very excited to be learning a piece I have long wanted to play. It's the Chopin Prelude no 17 in A flat Major. I heard a recording of it. I mistakenly thought it sounded easy to play. Years ago, looked at it, and was totally overwhelmed. N
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Rooms in Tokyo, Japan by A443 @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Shinjuku is one of my favourite areas of the city; I've spent a lot of time there. There is an awesome ramen shop in Shinjuku that serves the most outstanding Ramen (http://www.n-nagi.com/store/shinjuku). I'm usually in Japan in the fall/winter and
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Cable TV meets the internet by Theresad @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

I feel like Pluto.tv does a good job of making it seem like youíre still watching TV - but itís internet content, and there's an app, and it's free. For some strange reason, I really like the concept of channels and shows, even if it is, ultimately,
Piano Forum
Not to nit-pick but you said MAY. Regardless, my main issue is your assertion that being concerned about changing any part of the tone or harmonics makes you a purist. Perhaps we simply have a different definition of the word. No worries.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Not sure about the weight issue. Older pianos tended to be pretty heavy. My 1896 6'4" Hallet and Davis weighed nearly 1100 pounds. It was built like a lumber yard. The same with the larger Mason and Hamlin's. More modern pianos with better
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Back!! by Music Me @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Good for you! May you enjoy your new found health physically and emotionally with playing as well.
Jump to new posts Re: GHS improved over time? by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

What's all that goop under the keys in that video, or am I just seeing things?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need recommendations for where to buy a piano? by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: swpianoI'm not having any luck yet in private sellers which I'm more included to buy it from as it would be a lot cheaper than from a piano store. As for restored Steinways, I'm not sure how good they would be. I tried a very
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Everett X-type action by BillJZ @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

I'm looking to find an Everett console to buy/refurbish. I have read that some older pianos have a unique action, sometimes referred to as an "X-type". Any idea when this was used? Is it a problem in terms of repair? If so, could I easily r
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Three flats? by Gabriellaa @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Thank you for all your answers... I've been on vacation, so haven't really had time to follow up this thread.. I definitely still have so much to learn though... Where should I even start? :P Any sites that would be great for explaining sheet music
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Common pitfalls during learning stages? by Pover @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

Thanks for all the ideas till now guys. @Art Vandelay: I think you're right. Because after I finish learning the piece I don't concentrate on it as much since I know I can already play it. Maybe the less than ideal concentration is one cause for thi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ex-Veteran wants to return, is it possible ? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Spektre What I want to eventually do is to teach piano on a semi-professional basis. Currently I'm awaiting to start teachers college and I'm not sure how I will be able to balance that lifestyle with a piano lifestyle. I'm
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: RetsacnalFunny what rises to the surface in these older threads. This decade old post that was revived today has a couple of positive comments about a Polish rebuilder, from people who've actually had work done there. I've seen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: chambermusic, partners... by jdw @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Just thinking, as someone who plays flute, that the other instrumentalists may often be frustrated by not having access to the whole score. They might wish for it, but it's not always that easy to obtain, especially on short notice. For workshops, ba
Adult Beginners Forum
Yep, got up at 4:45 this am and he was waiting for the first PM early riser in the den. Good to see you back Fil!! Pop
Jump to new posts Re: Noisy keys on a 2 years old Casio PX-135 by pake10 @ Yesterday at 06:16 AM

I'm pretty sure that I don't open it based on your experiences. But if I get too annoyed for the noise, how can I access the felts? Can I just access it by opening the piano and taking the keybed apart or is it required to remove keys to see the felt
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
98 registered (Art_Vandelay, Atrys, Austin D, AndrewJCW, AZNpiano, 29 invisible), 1362 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75553 Members
42 Forums
156219 Topics
2294229 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear!
by Kuanpiano
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Finger "Tapes": Purpose?
by CleverName
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Accessories needed for grand pianos.
by Stevio55
Yesterday at 08:31 PM
Schulze Pollmann 113e Moderno detail information?
by pdxfz1
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
Will starting on unweighted keys cause problems later on?
by Alex1
Yesterday at 05:43 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission