Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (AlbertoA, accordeur, AdrianR, Adypiano, ajames, aluk, 24 invisible), 2366 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Greased rollers.... by Adypiano @ Today at 05:43 AM

I don't recall ever seeing anything about greasing rollers in a book - no idea why anyone would think it was a good idea! The piano currently feels like playing treacle. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the regulation was done (sort of), rollers grea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by WiseBuff @ Today at 04:55 AM

Torquenale, I did RCM level 5 both theory and repertoire/practice and I think I actually did better on the practice. I made stupid mistakes on the written work that I really do know. LOL. BUT I have had the goal of level 6 for the last year or so
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsm8qXkZbwQ&list=PLTK4rtLGEEoOjPu445uHJ_-_KwEzGxG3X&index=37
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First (baby) grand advice needed by huaidongxi @ Today at 03:43 AM

actually, agree with you about the considerable differences. comparisons reveal differences as readily as similarities, and my comment was intended ironically, attempting to point out the arbitrariness of the comparison criteria, and nationality was
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ranking of most frequently used key signatures? by Tubbie0075 @ Today at 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesOld threads are still good threads! Every instrument has keys that are friendly and others not so much. Experienced pianists love keys with lots of sharps or flats and don't like it when there are only a few. Strings
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about the physical by hello my name is @ Today at 01:22 AM

I can't say I couldn't use some improvement in my control! It will be a good experiment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practice Schedule by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 01:14 AM

I cannot stress the importance of learning to read the notes. This weakness dogged me through my entire student years. My first teacher, herself a concert pianist, tried to enourage my love of music by allowing me to skim over this essential and t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Last day for N.I. Una Corda half price sale ($74.50) by brooster @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Sale is over.
Jump to new posts Re: Is There Something Wrong With My Thought Pattern? by motomike1961 @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. After giving this some additional thought, I concluded I am crazy and now looking at acoustic pianos. I raised my budget to $10K and started looking at used baby grands. Will keep you folks updated on the piano
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-7 - Worth Repairing? by PSE @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Thanks to all for the additional thoughts and ideas. As it turns out I was able to negotiate a much lower cost to do the repairs. Enough of a discount that I'm going to go ahead with it and avoid the additional cash layout for a new keyboard. But on
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Ydp 131 sound problem (interference) by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Wow, great info! Thanks for sharing!
Jump to new posts Re: Where to find latency information? by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

What is latency? - comprehensive tweaking for either mac or windows platform from Native Instruments. Neat visual explanation for latency in the video below although there's a detail overlooked in the author's explanation IMO.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone play any of Handel's Suites ... ? by pianopi @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By VidShould be played more often. Are you working on them? Yes, I am. I need to clean up my playing (and get out of hiding my weaknesses in pedal and rubato ..), so I am working through some Baroque works, and discovered Handel's
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend a Beginner Keyboard for a Friend by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

I was re-introduced to playing, when I started to fool around on a Korg X5D (a low-end, PCM-based synth from 15 or more years ago). I'd picked it up at auction, years before, for $60, and it sat in a closet for a long time. It was intriguing . . .
Originally Posted By TonyDIGITALAbsolutely! I will buy it again anytime. It's the best touch action available for $700. The sound is weak though but I don't care since I run VST I'll second that, great piano touch, just bought one a couple weeks ag
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by jokke @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Have been practicing Sibelius' Le Sapin (op 75 no 5) for hours and hours, finally have more or less mastered the notes in the middle part! Practice results on Soundcloud Tempo needs to be doubled and it doesn't yet sound correct (have piano lesso
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by BillTheSlink @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

USER LOCATION: Cincinnati, OHIO, USA MAKE: Casio MODEL: CGP-700 CONDITION: New stock returned from previous sale like new PRICE PAID: $679 USD Financed interest free for three years DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: Internet VENDOR NAME: Musicia
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade stand for MP11 by newer player @ Yesterday at 03:07 PM

Really nice. I also liked the bookshelf as it makes use of otherwise wasted depth. You might consider moving that silver/blue amp (?) underneath the keyboard, perhaps attaching it to the outside left leg. You could also put a hangar for your headpho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Solo Piano Christmas Radio by Stellaria @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

Thanks, scorpio, I have really enjoyed this. Look Ma, no commercials!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing intervals smoothly by Stellaria @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Thank you all for the replies! The sound is already much smoother. 10/10 will post again! @Ralphiano - I got much closer to the sound I wanted as soon as I tried what you suggested. After reading your reply it seems so obvious, as it's the same t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny Excercise ... & Burgmullet by Albunea @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

I was watching that one, but now I've discovered a pianist I follow also has many of them. That page is fantastic because they have many of the easy pieces we want to hear.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert sonata no.16 - mtv.1 by Vid @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By BruceD"Song"? Its a losing battle but keep up the fight!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart's Death (December 5th) by jdw @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

Just a comment on Greenberg's theory--hard to see how bloodletting could cause a cerebral hemorrhage or stroke, as he claims.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Composing semi-difficult works. Why bother? by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By Nikolas (a rather impressive fit)/ Feat. Fair enough. I actually almost wrote "feet"... Good thing I can edit away whenever I want in PW, but I won't... Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Casio touch response settings by kaanguner @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Can I hear more opinions about this please? I thought light-touch sensitivity would be do wrong doing when I first purchased my piano and have been playing that way. But now that I tried light sensitivity it makes the instrument harder to control.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Practise with Goals
by Tubbie0075
15 minutes 45 seconds ago
Would you buy this used VPC1?
by AlbertoA
Today at 02:34 PM
Gaveau Grand c. 1906. What is this stick on the left side?
by Piano Danno
Today at 12:59 PM
Changing Positions / Moving Hands
by TomInCinci
Today at 10:49 AM
Fingering in Bach Invention 13 BWV 784
by pinkfloydhomer
Today at 04:01 AM
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,804 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,849 Topics
2,576,872 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission