Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Using a tuneable audio filter to help you hear beats by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT You have an audio processing software package of your own? Could you Google jass audio. Kees
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In search of my piano name Brand by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

There are Instructions on how to post photos here, or you can post them on a photo website and provide links to them here. Good luck with your name search.
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching beginners by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark C. RPT Please do not speak for others Hakki. That is just rude.
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Schumann Upright bass bridge Salvageable? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678 Reblitz warns that loosening more than 6-8 strings puts the plate in danger of cracking. If that were always true imagine what would happen with a pitch raise!
Jump to new posts Re: Disklavier Too Loud by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: UnrightToonerWell, the calibration procedure didn't seem to be available on the disklavier unit. There were moderate string grooves, but when I shaped a few hammers the tone and volume did change much. Hey, its a Yamaha. So I tu
Jump to new posts Re: First tuning my piano with TuneLab by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Pablo ArturiSMHaley: I think it's called in english a "concert baby grand piano", it's 2.15 meters long. We call it "Media Cola" in spanish, that would be "half tail" literaly translated. I'll try
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by BruceD @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BrendanIs it appropriate to play this piece while wearing shorts? [...] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZBKjr__8Y Only if you are playing a "short" version! I don't know (because I don't particularly like) this So
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fall 2014 Piano Buyer now online by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenFrom what I can gather Steinway's NY production is around 1000 units a year. That's ~4 per day. Assuming they needed an additional man/day to optimize each piano (which is more time than a typical dealer spends), it
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Leutke Leipzig info by Gardenergirl @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Thanks so much for everyone's help!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Hamilton 1941 by RickG1 @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

I might go look at it WITH A TECH. Granted, it probably needs work but might get you by.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Graduates by Ohio_Mark @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

In regards to using a teacher with the Alfred Method books: I have been taking lessons for 3 years (this October). I have always used a method book. My first teacher that I had for 2 years (before retiring) started me out on the Faber books then m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

I usually do repeats. unless I really can't make it sound nice. Second time you usually try to bring a variant of the first one. Twice exactly the same is not so nice.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25) by Chrisl @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesYes, pwl is correct. In terms of realism, I would list Kawai's current generation keyboard actions in the following order: 1. Grand Feel (CA95/CA65, CS10/CS7, MP11) 2. RM3 Grand II (CA15, VPC1) 3. RHII (CN34/CN24, E
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No more free consultation? by jdw @ Yesterday at 08:23 AM

When I see teachers offering a free lesson/consultation, I tend to assume they are early in the process of building up a studio. Of course, if you need to do this to keep the studio numbers healthy, then it's worth it. But for a busy person with a fu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Associate Diploma repertoire by lacrymosa85 @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

I am preparing for my A Mus A exam (Associate of music in Australia) and thought I'd run my proposed performance by here before I start learning the pieces. The music needs to be from at least 3 periods and the performance needs to be between 30 and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:49 AM

rpw; Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you are making great progress. In addition to Faber I am also beginning to work on pieces from the Festival Collection By Helen Marlais. All the pieces are in their original form, but are ability-appropriate
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kreisleriana by WinsomeAllegretto @ Yesterday at 07:15 AM

What a great piece! I wrote a 40 page thesis on Kreisleriana. I must say that I didn't arrive at quite the same conclusion as our geocities poster.
Jump to new posts Re: MIDI to USB adapters? by Mark NM @ Yesterday at 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenWhile you're waiting, you can add my favorable experience with an M-Audio Uno. Using Windows 8, connecting a three-pedal PX-350 with Pianoteq -- . . . no problems at all. . Charles That's fantastic t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What about Samick's Concert grands? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: whitegrand? Would a Samick concert grand be a reasonable choice for institutional use? (i.e. church, with little money.) Such a buyer should certainly compare the Samick with older concert grands of other makes. You can, for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Interested in chords of this song by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:49 AM

There's a chord layer slightly subdued in the mix, starting around 0:50 a keyboard synth pad - a 'fizzy' saw-tooth sound - is playing on 4-and in every bar (2 chords in bar 8)- Bbm7 Fm7 Bbm7 Ebm7 (last chord becomes Gb to Ab in the repeat 4 bars) -
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Gypsy Jazz? by Elssa @ 09/16/14 11:58 PM

I never realized he played so many great old standards: Django Fakebook http://www.gypsyguitar.de/downloads/gg-downloads/fakebook_django_2008.pdf
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Picking up practice after vacations by malkin @ 09/16/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: AndresD...I've been practicing for a lot longer that some of the people there and I'm not nearly as good... ...not a competition, merely an exhibition...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reger's Piano Variations by argerichfan @ 09/16/14 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RealPlayerHey, Jason, didn't Reger write quite a lot for organ? What's that music like? Yes, he did write quite a bit for organ, and the chorale fantasias are incredibly dense and difficult, though no more so than the chorale
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Getting back into it by Upside @ 09/16/14 09:33 PM

Thank you both... It does seem that a teacher is really important! Hopefully I will have an income boost soon and figure out a way to do lessons again. I played the Beatrice Miller version of "Jesu, Joy" - so a bit easier version. I will l
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Modus F11 - Moving Key Issues by Ryan0751 @ 09/16/14 08:54 PM

I just wanted to resurrect this thread with an update. I had the piano repaired once more this year, and it was working fine for quite a while. Unfortunately the moving key part failed once again. After contacting yamaha support again, and going t
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Most Difficult?
by SiFi
39 minutes 48 seconds ago
What is most common size wire to break?
by Ed McMorrow, RPT
Today at 12:19 AM
Will this Piano Room have good Acoustics?
by flamenco88
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22
by amanda416
Yesterday at 09:04 PM
Returning to piano, advice on slow learning process
by roninpro
Yesterday at 07:57 PM
Who's Online
85 registered (anotherscott, aesop, AndreiN, Anticlock, 22 invisible), 965 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157597 Topics
2314851 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission