Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosCCOriginally Posted By: Whizbang Great, so now I *have* to submit something to cancel out Carlos. Or maybe I can bribe him to play some Joplin instead. LOL, I think this is not just a matter of money... But, if you want
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a solo transcription for Debussy' Petite Suite? by WinsomeAllegretto @ Yesterday at 07:36 PM

I once decided I wanted to play "Un Bateau" as a solo piece, so I proceeded to learn it (very slowly) by looking at both parts at once. I wish I would have used the internet more wisely to look up the solo transcription.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edinburgh Coursera - Fundamentals of Music Theory by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 07:32 PM

(I've separated this into its own post, to let my core question stand alone. Here's more of the extended story behind why I think about this course the way I do.) I emphasise "help", not just "learn music theory on their own", b
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
This is rhodes with slight ring modulator - it doesn't scream (not at this intensity, anyway) but it does have a certain steely definition about it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Sweet06 @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Thanks for being cordial and explaining that. I appreciate that especially given how firm a stance I was taking on my original thought I definitely don't believe anything to be true unless I know the underlying reasoning to it... thats just my p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Famous mistakes by concert pianists by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: ParksDon't you guys know that experts are the most experienced at mistakes? I must be an expert pianist, then!
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Pianist Noah Landis - Lowell, MA Sept. 6th by Piano World @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Noah Landis Sat Sept 6th 4pm Doors open at 3pm Reception to follow. E.J. Buck & Sons Lowell, MA This performance will be the culmination-and a reflection-of Noah's 13 years of classical and jazz piano study, in which he has delved deeply into b
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Keith Emerson Playing NY in October! by Piano World @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Our good friend and long time forum member, concert pianist Jeffrey Biegel just posted some info about this concert on Facebook. Kathy and I hope to make this one, if we can get a good dog sitter and find a hotel that doesn't cost as much as a car.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Halloween Fantasy by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: currawongIf Axtremus were a one-off, flit-in-flit-out poster, then perhaps. But he's a very long-standing member with a significant contribution at PW. Exactly that! I'll be honest that these were my exact thoughts, but I decid
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS7 + VST Instruments by Starboard @ Yesterday at 05:43 PM

I don't have personal experience with the FCB1010 so I can't speak very knowledgably about it specifically--it was just high in the search rankings for MIDI foot controllers--but the manual linked on the product page seems pretty thorough. It shows
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 25 Vintage Steinways by Keith D Kerman @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed FooteOriginally Posted By: Keith D Kerman Maybe Ed is a way better negotiator than I am, but I buy a lot of Steinways and I spend more on good quality rebuild candidates than this. Maybe luckier. I don't buy a lot of
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Godowsky, Poem No. 1, "Devotion" by RachFan @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

Hi Chris, Great to hear from you! Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it! This is the first time I've played Godowsky's music. This piece is a true gem, so I definitely paid attention to playing the long line to get the sense of "sweep&q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: E.Tubin - "Ballade on a theme of Mart Saar" by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

Your love for Estonian composer is brilliant! And your passion for making various pieces of music heard is also awesome! Thanks for introducing me to this piece. I'll be honest that I didn't go nuts over it, but that's my own personal preferences ch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opening up an old Piano by musicNow @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

The photos are great and I appreciate the thought and care they took in the written word - fascinating. - Rick
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Butt Plate - Replacement part? by musicNow @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Thanks to all for comments and suggestions. I found this particularly interesting: If one has broken, you should check to see if others are ready to break. One quick test is to push each hammer and shank toward the strings with your fingers. Let th
Jump to new posts Re: Installed an LX system on my Baldwin C by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Amazing! The recording sounds great. I recommended those mics and digital recorder to Roy. I could do that same setup for the LX, but not for the Ampico...too much mechanical noise from the Ampico mechanisim. When Zenph first came on the scene
Jump to new posts Re: Is 52% - 62% humidity okay? by Bob @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Pianos in Florida don't suffer much from soundboard cracks due to the relatively high humidity year round. We installed a humidifier in our concert hall to combat dry air during Florida cold spells during the winter. The RH in there is about 62% y
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Pianist Noah Landis by Piano World @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

Picture for newsletter - Pianist Noah Landis
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil Forte demos! by dewster @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: andoHe makes a big deal about 4GB of full-length, un-looped samples, then plays this naff rubbish without a long held note amongst it. Even a couple of single held notes to show the long decay and lack of looping would be better
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts The Princess: from Waltz of the Asparagus People by Piano World @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

Our good friend and long time forums member, pianist/author/actress Robin Goldsby provided the following for our newsletter. I decided to post it here as well. An excerpt from Robin Goldsby's book, Waltz of the Asparagus People: The Further Adventur
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts EPP 2014 by torquenale @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

Ana and Carlos at EPP 2014
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How To Improve? by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

And let be said Dave is *100%* class and a huge part of the reason Skype is a great platform for teaching in jazz.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: That last 10% by RonaldSteinway @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

Conquer the piece Conquer the piano Conquer the audience
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering what to play by Sweet06 @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringOriginally Posted By: Sweet06I'd argue that all those methods require different versions of memorization. Sightreading DOES require you to work on a skill where you read something, digest it memorize it momentarily and
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts The Herbie Hancock Collection book - Do you like it? by rakim @ Yesterday at 02:27 PM

I just bought The Herbie Hancock Collection book of transcriptions by Richard Tuttobene. Have you played anything from this? Did you like the transcription? I'm particularly curious how people feel about this version of Canteloupe Island. It's
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
68 registered (AndrewJCW, angga888, a-z0-9, ando, 20 invisible), 1204 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156147 Topics
2293084 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mendelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 04:08 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 02:46 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 01:47 AM
Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear
by khopin
Today at 12:54 AM
How struts define pitch variation between tunings
by Bosendorff
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission