Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
108 registered (AndrewJCW, ando, Adam Schaaf 58265, accordeur, anamnesis, Anne'sson, 35 invisible), 1307 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Composing a Waltz by lautreamont @ Today at 11:16 AM

There are some waltz tropes. The lyrical, in which the melody takes the lead, but also the moto perpetuo, with whirling, rapid figuration that gives a sense of excitement, even giddiness. There is also a convention on the piano, not always followe
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you all for the good advice. I've got my eye now on the Blue Mic and the Zoom H4N. I wish I asked this question before the Amazon Prime Day since both of these were discounted then. I will keep an eye for when these go on sale... I still ha
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Ear plugs for rock concert sound levels? by mc9320 @ Today at 10:12 AM

Alpine Hearing Protection are also good. They provide the option of high, medium, and low acoustic filter settings. I have mild tinnitus and since using them, I've noticed I get ringing in my ears much less often.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS10 vs. K-200/K-300 - What to buy? by Steve Cohen @ Today at 09:36 AM

Here's another perspective... If having an accurate acoustic tone is important, you should obviously go for an acoustic. However, the better digitals generally sample several concert grands as well as a number of other grands such as "Parlour
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 'Playing Mozart's Piano Pieces as Mozart Did' by chopin_r_us @ Today at 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By wouter79These old pianos were much lighter to play and had much less key dip. Something Gould tried to achieve much to the chagrin of his techs.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Andsnes plays Beethoven today by timmyab @ Today at 07:04 AM

I enjoyed very much his performances of the 1st and 4th last week. I was singing along like a happy birdie all the way through (and even dancing a bit ) which is a sure sign that I'm loving it. I'll listen to the other concertos on Iplayer this we
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relative beginner taking Jazz lessons needs advise by Mark Polishook @ Today at 06:52 AM

Gumbysgroove, it's really impossible for any of us out here in PW land to evaluate the dynamic between you and your teacher - what you're learning and where you're going w/what you're learning. Because to point out the obvious, you're the only one he
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading Update + Book Recommendation by lionus @ Today at 05:33 AM

thanks for the responses. Andrew: i agree it is the same at the end of the day for SOME people. As for me it was my equivalent of a writers block. That crutch I felt was effectively slowing me down. Im just saying this way worked for me at least ins
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Beemer @ Today at 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By cunparisOriginally Posted By Digitalguy Thanks for posting the comparison, that is very useful. I'm debating between the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" and the Surface Pro 3. I'm leaning towards the Galaxy because I
Member Recordings
[LINK HERE:] https://youtu.be/wwvoFxT9D_s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: OT - What do you eat while playing? by ChopinAddict @ Today at 04:24 AM

Sometimes I drink juice, but usually I don't eat...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Here's a Kid You Should Keep Your Eyes On by ChopinAddict @ Today at 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By J Joe TownleyHis name is Davit Khrikuli and I thought he did a splendid job on the 1st Listz for just 13. Apparently he started playing at 8, so he is not even one of those kids who start at 3, which makes that performance at 1
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Triplet 32nd + 2 8th Note by Nahum @ Today at 03:56 AM

This notation looks like an elementary mistake; otherwise, Batuhan, you must show the notes in full, and not some segment.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet questions by Orange Soda King @ Today at 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By MikegmoOrange Soda King; I'm trying to figure out why I'm not getting notifications or emails for topic updates. I mistakenly tapped the NOTIFY button. Hope I didn't cause you any trouble. Oops! It's okay, I'm sure the mods kne
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to study for aural part of ABRSM exam? by SwissMS @ Today at 01:50 AM

I find differentiating 2 time vs 4 time difficult as well. I use two aural trainers - e-musicmaestro.com and an iPad app called Aural book for practice. Of the two, I like e-musicmaestro.com the best. In two time, a couple of things can help wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome Survey by currawong @ Today at 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By KurtZOriginally Posted By currawongAnd I have a Korg KDM2 which does everything I need it to do (= not much).I have one of these as well. Mainly for the volume control and the sort of pleasant "tock" sound it makes as
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-800, I have seen the light by Dave Ferris @ Today at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By Rhodie73 Yeh I can't really explain it but when I play the CP4 with a band it just works. Yeah , people go to great extremes (myself included) to differentiate and verbally describe the nuances between these keyboards -
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What brand uprights have accelerated action? by turandot @ Today at 01:01 AM

As mentioned by Backto Study Piano, Sauter's RR action is designed to accelerate action response using an extra spring. It's available on several 122 cm and 130 cm models, and I've heard from a couple of sources that it's actually installed in models
Jump to new posts Re: Numa Compact keyboard by gracegren @ Today at 12:51 AM

Thanks, Michael!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Denver PTG Convention Review by rtheaux @ Today at 12:29 AM

As an associate and enthusiastic learner, I have greatly appreciated your articles in the journal and your Facebook acquaintance Chuck. Keep up with the forum! I could use your help when posting a question. ; )
Piano Forum
Dear all For 30 years this is one my fave songs. Melody (from the Black and Blue Album, 1976) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjnoSxzcTc Billy Preston playing the piano. Unfortunately I cannot find any notes for the piano? Any suggestions? I woul
Member Recordings
[LINK HERE] https://youtu.be/L8KsjKDSo-Q This Amosdoll Music aurally arranged and performance showcases a live advanced original piano cover on FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 4 SONG [DAGames] - "Break My Mind". Note: I did not compose this song;
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1979 Kawai upright developing problems by KawaiDon @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Has the piano ever had any service besides tuning? A piano that is played regularly needs to be regulated and voiced occasionally. But if this technician was not responsive to your request, that's a sign that you should try to find another who is a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which pieces should I show to my NEW piano teacher? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

You might post your query on the piano teacher board, instead of here. Are you just getting together for a first meeting, or is it an actual lesson? If the former, I'd say two pieces are plenty. If the latter, and your lesson is an hour, I'd say thre
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teacher in NJ by leel @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

They can always contact Rutgers univ school of music. It's in New Brunswick.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thank you, RPTs
by Adam Schaaf 58265
42 minutes 38 seconds ago
Yamaha C2X vs C3X
by Forevertwentyone
Today at 05:55 PM
Fingerprint Oil and such a thing as too clean?
by Markarian
Today at 02:10 PM
original composition, opinion?
by pianistforever238
Today at 01:57 PM
Do you practice scales and arpeggios staccato?
by Stubbie
Today at 12:12 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,169 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,785 Topics
2,430,382 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission