Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (anamnesis, Almaviva, AndreiN, alfredo capurso, ando, acortot, 38 invisible), 1404 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with evenness in scales by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:55 AM

Quote: . . . I agree. if your technique is failing you, it likely means you are trying to go too fast too soon. Slow down, and work on getting it right. speed will come with relaxation and time. +1. The reasoning is by induction: . . . You can onl
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beauty & Hope in the 21st Century No. 8 by Nikolas @ Today at 01:47 AM

Thank you Michael, On the contrast, I find nothing odd really
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: YAMAHA DGX-650 vs. YDP-142 Arius by Kawai James @ Today at 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By rownyCN-14 is on the way for 800 EUR including bench and headphones...I think it was a good deal...:) I agree, that's a good deal. Congrats! Originally Posted By OneWatt...the 200 EUR price difference is not insignificant (e.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Late Beethoven - kitsch radar by SiFi @ Today at 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottAs Pascal said, "I am sorry to have written you such a long letter. I did not have time to write a short one." Brilliant. It gook me longer to edit out the prolixity of my PhD dissertation than it took me to
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai and Roland from same dealer in Scotland... by Kawai James @ Today at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By paradiceFunnily enough the shops I've been to that don't have Kawai say they're nothing special! Did they explain why? Sometimes I feel that - as an acoustic piano manufacturer - Kawai has a bit of a 'stuffy' reputation among g
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you live and how's business? by Brinestone @ Today at 12:43 AM

I'm in a semi-rural town in Utah, and business is brisk. I have lived in this house for seven months and have had to turn four or five potential students away. But in the suburb of SLC that I lived in before that, I had a hard time finding any studen
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Friday frolic at LightHammer Piano by rysowers @ Today at 12:29 AM

Ed, what is your philosophy of soundboard replacement? Rib-crowned boards seem to be popular these days. But I seem to recall that you are a fan of traditional compression crowned boards. Is that true? If so, what do you feel the advantages are?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a Four Year Old by hreichgott @ Today at 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By DameMyraThought I would fill you in on our first lesson. My just-turned (she keep forgetting she's not 3) 4 year old loves music. She sang some songs including "You're a Grand Old Flag"! She can count up to 100, but d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ganglion Cyst by hreichgott @ Today at 12:04 AM

Consult a surgeon. The procedure is a needle inserted into the cyst to remove the fluid. The risks depend on where the cyst is located in relation to nerves. I have a couple of these suckers and the surgeon evaluated them and said that if we did the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT- another short story by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibOriginally Posted By JohnSprungSo the moral of the story is....?? You can't cheat an honest man. You can have a lot of fun trying, though.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tastings Ep. 8: Grotrian at NAMM by Catlady @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Hopefully just as short term "guests"!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Themed Recital Discussion Thread by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By Moonsh1neMy mother always warned me not to play with others in ducts Not live, but perhaps taped?
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] FloRida - I Don't Like It, I Love It (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqDoHlb7g8&feature=youtu.be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course - The real deal? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

I agree that the alfred's method relies a bit too heavily on chords and that the pieces can be a bit cheesy. I'm also a big fan of Rachel Jimenz's "Fundamental Keys" method, which I think in many ways suffers from the opposite problem (gre
Jump to new posts Re: creaking sound from damper pedal mechanism... by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

The arc of motion of the pedal rod is from front to back, not side to side. So there is none to little sideways pressure the actuation of the pedal can exert on the trap lever. If the trap lever pivot pin holes are too loose, this will allow the leve
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Seasonal warning by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

"If thine neighbor offends thee, buy each of his children a drum" Kurt
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Ripples in the Harbor" by Music Me @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Beautiful Very reminiscent of Michael Nyman's "The Piano" score. Can you give details of the Mics and Pre-amp? Sounds great.
Spinets can be a challenge to tune, they can punish or reward you for "setting the pin" and getting the sl/nsl tension balance correct. Some test blows after tuning will show how you've done. I would almost be more concerned with gett
Adult Beginners Forum
Beechcraft409, Its a basic 3 vs. 2 Do a 3 vs 2 search here and you will find some threads with good explanations of ways to learn and practice that skill. The mnemonic that works for me is: not-dif-i-cult R---R----R L-------L
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

I appreciate the explanation and video of how Petrof's smaller grands use kerf cuts in the wood to create the curves of the outer rim. I'm sure this element affects their tone. However, before the comparison is made to Bösendorfer, it is the diffe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unevenness in scales by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By CowNorrisWell yes, but doesn't that only solve the Db major problem? The thumb striking too hard is still quite hard on the ears. Then don't strike your thumb too hard. If you are like most people, at 110bpm you have muscles in
Elmer, thanks for your suggestion - I'm looking into it (first I have to figure out what the words are in Italian, but I'm getting there!) Charles: the JBL has blue tooth option but I'm connecting it to my piano via jacks as shown in Elmer's photo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ Yesterday at 04:57 PM

31 March This evening playing/studying/polishing among others........ Mozart Fantasia d minor KV397 Fantasia c minor KV475 Variationen Dieu d'amour KV352 Haydn Introduzione sonata of Die sieben Worte Bach Aria of Pastorale BWV590 Regards, Johan
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "The Piano Guys" when they were in college... Woah by Zach Evans @ Yesterday at 04:35 PM

Before they were "The Piano Guys" they were..... (Animals mashed up with Eye of the Tiger) -Zach Evans
Pianist Corner
Thanks, Vid. I sent you the score by email attachment.. s
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1000 dirty pianos
by Davepost
Today at 08:04 AM
sluggish action in Weber vertical
by Davepost
Today at 07:53 AM
Influencing Digital Piano Manufactureres
by anotherpianoplayer
Today at 06:48 AM
April Piano Bar
by kenjazz
Today at 06:25 AM
Playing notes at the same time
by Badinage
Today at 05:35 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,903 Topics
2,391,084 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission