Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
80 registered (achi, AndrewJCW, angga888, aesop, accordeur, 23 invisible), 943 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by Elwood @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By Mike_MartinThe PX-5S has a "DSP Effect" on each tone of the first four zones. I don't believe the word "INSERT" is used in the manual. I certainly couldn't find the *insert* anywhere in the manual and I wou
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

It appears that Roland is restricting the dealers that can sell the LX17. A few days ago I sent an email to two good-sized music stores that I know sell Roland equipment asking for a price. The first one got back to me and said that he will get a p
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How old were you when you started tuning? by TunerJeff @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

19 Started a Niles Bryant home-study course during the summer after a year of college. I then found part time work at a Baldwin dealership while studying Music. One day we were delivering a piano and the owner turned to me and said; 'Middle-C is stic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bad to visually memorize chords? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

I do it visually, no harm that I can tell.... I even made a kind of paper slide rule thing that takes lead sheet symbols and shows which keys to press.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Should I re-work this composition? by Phil-60 @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Thanks for your kind words. They are much appreciated.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: apps to read / annotate music by Tiger22 @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

I have a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and I think it is one of the largest tablets available at the moment. I run MobileSheets Pro on it and consider the combination very good. MobileSheets Pro is a great app and includes annotating tools to mark your music.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert Impromptu D899 No. 2 in E Flat Major by RichterForever @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

To all who have posted on this thread, I do apologise for my silence. For some reason, the alerts/notifications for new posts are not getting to me and I have only just read the responses to my initial posting. Apologies if I seemed rude. Thank you f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By CareyThe salesperson should know the difference between an RX2 and RX-2C as well as the true year of the Kawai's production. Either the new Kawai is grossly underpriced, or the 30 year old Yamaha is grossly overpriced !! Will be
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When was my player piano manufactured? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Just PM'd you. Check it out.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Scan by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Scan
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No.1 in A-flat Major, Aeolian Harp by RichterForever @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

Goomer, thank you for your comments. I am not getting the alerts or notifications of new posts on this thread, for some reason. I do apologise if I seemed rude for not responding. We've been grappling with his posture ever since he started tinkering
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slash Chord Question by jjo @ Yesterday at 11:13 AM

When you say the software doesn't play the Ab, it would be played by the bass, not the piano, in IRealPro. The note to the right in a slash chords indicates a bass note, and in IRealPro, the piano part is playing (correctly) rootless chords, so the
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: HOW do you make piano sit in front of strings in a mix? by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

EQ the schmotz out of the piano. If you don't know schmotz is low mid sound between about 200 and 800 Hz that tends to muddy the mix. The best way to find the center frequency of the offending sound is to set a parametric EQ with increased amplitude
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [Piano Cover] One Call Away - Charlie Puth by minisub @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Hello everyone! Here is my new piano cover. Would be love if you checked it out and give me any feedback, One Call Away - Charlie Puth https://www.youtube.com/dashboard?o=U Cheers!
Jump to new posts Re: Weird Clavinova (GH) problem by Kaan Ergen @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

i talked other piano service now. im really anger. he dont say lubrication type, dont sell, dont give, only give repair service. (50-100 usd) greedy people biggest problem this country. (Türkiye) Unfortunately our population included more middle eas
Jump to new posts Re: What Every Pianist Should Know About Pianos by Seeker @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By rysowersA couple of things come to mind... The first is the una chorda. Pianists should understand that there is a huge variance in how this pedal is set up. On some pianos it has almost no noticeable effect, others that have ol
Jump to new posts Re: I wish we could buy straight wire by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

There is a very low tech way to do this. First, pull off a length of wire from the coil that will be adequately long. Enough that you will trim the ends to exactly the right size later. With work gloves on your hands, you can easily straighten the
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Vertegrand - aka models K and V ? by Erchoukyrie @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Good to hear of your appreciation of these instruments, David, your opinion certainly counts for far more than mine. But I had likewise been around a friend's 1924 K for years before getting my R, and have been amazed with what they accomplished wit
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Silent Hope (Dark Sad Piano Improvisation) by Ese150 @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

This was a song I made for a friend of mine, although our relationship was rocky, this is what I came up with to express my feelings about it all.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Sounds like you're in good shape SwissMS. Tell me more about the sight singing you must do. We had to do that in the music theory class I took on campus and it was indeed challenging. I won't be ready for some time now and have not given myself a
Piano Forum
Thanks a lot!!!!!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 06:59 AM

I think this video belongs to this thread. "Night" from the new album "Elements", by Einaudi:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano as Furniture by Marinelife @ Yesterday at 06:42 AM

I am unnerved to see that the plexiglass pianos have come as far as my state. I thought that they had all been airlifted onto snow-capped mountains in Europe -- there's a photo somewhere that suggests as much. I wouldn't mind seeing one in action, th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Those LH octaves in the Heroic by Hakki @ Yesterday at 06:39 AM

Why reply to a 7 year old thread?
Jump to new posts Re: Can i change piano voice? by Kaan Ergen @ Yesterday at 06:27 AM

i understand, thanks.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Live piano music in restaurant - thinking Christmas
by Bellyman
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Casio AP-450, strange sound when a few keys are pressed
by Sandbo
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
Glissando question
by FrankCox
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Why are there no guidelines for beginners and averages.
by ster100
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Arabian piano music
by Aly Baracat
Yesterday at 05:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,611 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,659 Topics
2,441,781 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission