Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Quick question on zoom recorders by Ted @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread this morning; I meant to post in this one about sound recorders, not video recorders. The setup below produced the linked mp3, 256kbps. My room also has thick curtains and carpet, and I have been very happy with t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Drills for chords by Oongawa @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Thanks, I will give that a try. I worked on it today just with I, IV, V, but I'll work toward adding the 7th as well. It amazes me how difficult this is in comparison to playing classical where it's all laid out for me on the sheet. Thanks!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1TA (TransAcoustic) by Sanfrancisco @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

I listened to the French youtube video Pete14 refers to at 1:35. I listened with high quality headphones and while the sound was accurate without any electronic DP characteristics, it had not surprisingly the presence of a good upright. In no way did
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90. . . 2. When you release your thumb from the key, move it closer to its next note with each subsequent finger so that it doesn't have as far to move when it's needed. . . . +1. The trick is to make all your movemen
Jump to new posts Re: Help (best models of the three best brands) by ronaldobrasil @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Hi everybody Thanks for all of those who replied. Your advice were very helpful After some careful research I decided to test the following digital pianos on Friday: - roland: LX15e, HP508 - yamaha: CVP 609/605 - Kawai: CA95 Unfortunately Kawai C
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Yup, it's much easier to find active threads now. Cathy
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Getting back into it. by accordeur @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qecBZfPtzk8
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway, Mason, Gaveau, and Chappell by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoOriginally Posted By: PhilipInChinaSomewhere on PW there is a link to an audio clip of my restored Bechstein in answer to your question. Here it is: http://audiour.com/playlist/225da1fc I have had a couple of messages
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: J & C Fischer Baby Grand (1920's?) by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Can you get a local tech to look at these pianos? There's really not much we can tell you. We can't see the instrument. We can't hear it. We can't try the action and kick the castors. It really would be better if you paid a local tech for his experti
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1 vs YUS1 by michaelha @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Doesn't the YUS-1 have Ivorite key tops where the standard U's don't?
Jump to new posts Re: Right product for the job? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

The SV-1 has some great vintage sounds, but I'm not sure how well the other voices will work for more modern pop material (is there a banjo patch?!). I would have considered the Nord Electro. A second-hand, 61-key NE3 can probably be found for a re
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by AaronH @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

USER LOCATION:Brisbane, Australia MAKE: Kawai MODEL: CA65 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $3200 AUD (was on special) DELIVERY CHARGE: $75 VENDOR LOCATION: Stafford, QLD Australia VENDOR NAME: Morris Brothers Pianos PURCHASE DATE: Sep, 2014
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steaming up for Steampunk by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

Corvus, Thanks for the tip. I will see if anything is on the internet about it. Test the Market. Nah! I'm just too crazy for that. LOL Thanks again.
Pianist Corner
The exact arrangement below, using my H2, produced the sound in the link using mp3, 256kbps. Recording made with H2 as in picture. My room has thick carpet and curtains too. I am very happy with the results, but I am getting on in years and p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Be here Monday- my first piano in 6 years! by harpon @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Opps! Delayed another day- but raining here all day and a good drive from Augustine- Went down there and saw it saturday though- and raining then too. One more night of playing the casio keyboard.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

The thing with DE was he needed the players he had in the band. Because he needed the personalities they brought to the band and not just the right notes. One of the great Strayhorn tunes is Upper Manhattan Medical Group .. Also 'The Duke Ellingto
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Action leather types (damper tail, butt) by BDB @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

(Copying and pasting) I wondered if I could gather views on types of action leather? I've been working on a Bechstein model IV, my own, and having made a massive improvement replacing motheaten/disentegrated balance & front felts, backtouch, br
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Jazz Clinic & Concert Oct. 12th Lowell, MA by Piano World @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Oct 12th 1:30 Doug Johnson, Berklee School Jazz piano professor will teach a clinic from 1:30 to 3pm and then from 4pm to 5:30pm will give us a Jazz Piano Concert. We will offer refreshments during the 1 hour break. Cost for all of this is j
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conservatory Auditions by A Guy @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Thanks Jonathan Baker, once again, for all the great tips. I'll need to do a whole lot more research on teachers in different conservatories: thanks for pointing that out!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts catcher/butt leather by robin_uk @ Yesterday at 06:06 PM

hammer leather, to reference in post
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CN35 by bluebilly @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: peterwsYou'll be glad to know the two old ladies will be telling everybody who'll listen (in welsh of course) about their CN34 for many years yet. They'll never worry or even know about an upgrade.. . .funny thing about Welsh f
Jump to new posts Best headphone for a digital Clavinova CVP-403 by Viccha @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Hi, I own a CVP-403 and I use an headphone AKG-141 Studio ... but I don't like so much the supra-aural headphone and I want to buy a circum-aural. Can you advise me ? I found some candidates (AKG K241 MKII, Sennheiser HD-598, ... AKG Q701 but with
Jump to new posts damper tails (2) by robin_uk @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

damper tails, to reference in post
Jump to new posts Damper tails (1) by robin_uk @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

picture of damper tails, to reference in post
Jump to new posts Action leather by robin_uk @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

Picture of action leather to link in post
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My Kawai CA-95 does not record drum patterns
by SP6NIN
09/30/14 06:18 AM
page-turning for tablets
by Barly
09/30/14 04:02 AM
Vertegrand pressure bar loosening
by Chris Leslie
09/30/14 03:47 AM
The Godfather movie theme
by Danijelcro
09/30/14 02:30 AM
taking lessons on a very heavy grand. is it time to upgrade?
by littlebirdblue
09/30/14 02:28 AM
Who's Online
71 registered (bennevis, Al LaPorte, Allard, barbaram, Alux, 16 invisible), 1132 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76370 Members
42 Forums
157879 Topics
2318700 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission