Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
67 registered (ando, bennevis, barbaram, Andre van Haren, alwatson, beeboss, 9 invisible), 1668 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best thing about Scarlatti by Scout @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

After much exploration a couple of years ago, I found Gilbert to be the best also, outo. I'm glad you're offering that to new appreciators of Scarlatti. There is more lyricism, among other beauties, to Scarlatti than I'd realized until only recently,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need to buy replacement battery charger for SAT IV ASAP by Piano Danno @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

Thanks, Ed!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Well the ultranova has a wider sound palette because it has much more features in its synth engine than the microkorg: wavetables, PCM waveforms for more common sounds, more filter models, more modulation. It is the better synth technically. It is al
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Stesichorus @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

USER LOCATION: Florida, USA MAKE: Roland MODEL: DP603 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $1900 USD DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: Las Vegas, NV, USA VENDOR NAME: ER Music Gallery www.erpiano.com PURCHASE DATE: Jan. 16, 2016 NOTES: My hat is tipped t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When a piano student is not anymore a beginner? by Wuffski @ Yesterday at 07:02 PM

Good luck for your application at the conservatory! Keep calm, and concentrated... Concerning the title of your thread, and throwing in some idea which you might want to think about for rating and preparing yourself: I don't think that leaving the b
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Ballade in b minor, S. 171 by gooddog @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

Very nice indeed!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha SX series? by master88er @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

From my observations at the NAMM show, the main differences on both the Yamaha SX series and Bösendorfer VC series (from their brand counterparts) is in the rim. Both are incorporating harder woods: for example, the Bosie VC now incorporates Beech,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Frequency analysis of piano tone by Del @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

Look for the work of ("Painted Post Dave") Dave Koenig on YouTube. Here is one link to get your started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfalZ_-EnY Dave has probably done more work on analyzing piano sound than anyone else just now. Del
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Hi Luke, Very much enjoying listening. I especially like the rhythmic dimension of your playing. It's infectious and it makes me want to dance. Thanks for posting! Heather
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you keep playing the piano? by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Keep writing, keep playing. Sometimes people's creativity isn't appreciated until much later in life, or even after their own. I guess I would consider what you would do in its place. If it's watching crack cocaine television, then playing piano or w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cord/Key Conflict by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 05:39 PM

E natural. It fits the C7 harmony, just not the home key. Music often involves pitches that don't belong to the home key.
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to consolidate by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LWhich N1 upgrade ? We still have a N1 with CFIIIS. oh geez, I think I misremembered. Disregard what I just said!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RCM Grade 9 Piano Exam by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By piano2002Can someone tell me what mark you think I got? Do you think I can get honours with distinctions? I usually get 90 and above and I'm scared of disappointing my teacher and family more than anything. Originally Posted B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching kids and keeping high expectations. by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

Your post is rather confusing - is that your own student, or are you quoting Veronica Haro? I'd be surprised if that student (and her previous teacher) was in the UK: because of the ubiquity of ABRSM exams here, it's very unlikely that any student (
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Montage by polo1 @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Anyone have a "best price" paid for the Montage? Montage 8?
Jump to new posts Re: About the VPC1 hammer action by Tim P @ Yesterday at 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By BucksterOriginally Posted By lophiomyswell, let your kid try it, and check how much their fingers would bend, and if the kids would like it. thanks for reply but easier than you might think I've not found anywhere yet that has
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-600 series release date? by polo1 @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By mwfPerhaps read all the messages in this thread and you can clearly see my answer to this question. Yamaha announce new digital pianos at musikmesse not namm anymore, so you will have to wait until April to find out what they hav
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Giant(ish) Steps by Simon Hester @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

A Gentle stroll through this Coltrane tune https://youtu.be/V7EQuZdw_s4
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Hope by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Tim, thanks again for your support. I hear it faster too and if I was a more capable/confident player that's what you'd hear, especially after the first page (second ending of the exposition repeat). I am good at writing chordal traps and sometimes f
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano - Help with shortlist! by Goss @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

And what Charles says is right - go for something with a piano sound you get hooked by, ignore all the other features really, and just practice and have fun! speaker systems wise the first digital that we enjoyed was that LX17... Our HP605 is pass
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music that sounds good with e-piano sound? by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

I've not found any collections like that, except maybe a Steely Dan riffs book, but I have found that in the collections I do have, some stuff works, and some doesn't. You just have to try it all out. Can you split your keyboard? If the pieces split
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By David FarleyYou never know. Everyone I know who has an old upright thinks it must be worth some money - probably a lot of money. Everyone. There's an unfathomable fortune in old upright pianos out there. Too bad we can't leverage
Piano Forum
EU131 is a good pick in today's market. Lots of value. The Hardman 117 that was mentioned years ago, may still be the front runner...it's pretty well built, no plastic in the action and seems like it would work well for a family that wants new, but
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by brooster @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

Yamaha P115 vs Roland FP30 vs Kawai ES110
Member Recordings
[NEW] MARKIPLIER - Back That A$$ Up - Cool Songs (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial) Hello Markiplier and fans Enjoy my piano cover of Markiplier's "Back That A$$ Up" by Cool Songs. Hope you like my piano arrangement of it! Piano Cover https:/
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
pyramid piano
by phantomFive
01/23/17 02:51 AM
24 bit midi resolution
by Bachus
01/23/17 01:24 AM
The end of our piano search
by Pneuma
01/23/17 12:53 AM
Suggestions for contemporary piano pieces?
by piano2002
01/22/17 10:41 PM
Let's see your home made tuning hammers!
by Tom Delmonte
01/22/17 10:12 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,345 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,959 Topics
2,591,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission