Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: EM Deeka 1) Artistry at the Piano Series by Jon George and Mary Gae George Artistry at the Piano Starts with the off the piano Introduction to Music book/workbook and 4 Levels later each with Workbook, Musicianship,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota MartyThe Glorious Boldwim! Not to mention Steinvey.... ;-)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve Sight reading by Diane... @ Today at 01:08 AM

Just the words "sight reading" used to put me into a cold sweat when I was a student. My teacher knew it too, so she would play duets with me. Not that I enjoyed that. I think it frustrated her more than me! But I had a series of books sp
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Yamaha Advant Grand N1 owners by kippesc @ Today at 12:31 AM

The N1 is a good piano. I practice FAR more on my digital pianos than my AP. My AG is the only piano I've played for a week. It's a very useful practice tool. Having said that, Yamaha's marketing claims are sometimes over the top.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question regarding inversions by keystring @ Today at 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian Lucas True, an inversion is defined by what note is on bottom, regardless of the voicing. That simple definition was missing in my theory rudiments book which moved along 3 levels (grade prep. to gr. 2). And I think that
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grotrian Steinweg 220 by piqué @ Today at 12:13 AM

in the 1970s, the grotrian grands used renner hammers. the modern grotrians have abel hammers. but this is rather meaningless because in both cases the hammers were pressed to grotrian specs.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
If you are looking for fantastic keyboard/piano parts in Rock/Roll, theres only one name which comes to my mind - Nicky Hopkins ! Here are some tunes he has played on : John Lennon - Jealous Guy, Crippled Inside, Oh Yoko Rolling Stones - Sympathy f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) by piqué @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

best to you, too, bill! and wimpiano, thank you for the kind words, and thank you for buying GRAND OBSESSION!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What causes 3 strings to be flat after tuning 3 on pitch? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

Chris and Prout, Stroboscopic displays, (visual beats) have time dependent accuracy. When you try to compare below 1 cent, you have to observe the pattern for some time to be sure it is not moving. Hearing plus 1 cent difference is rapidly assessed b
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand vs Roland V Piano - touch by bernpiano @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Dave, can you please elaborate on your sound system setup for the N1, perhaps including specific speaker models? This would be really helpful for those of us wanting to get the most pleasing sound out of this cost-effective but very nice instrument.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Age of Chickering Grand Serial Number 81195 by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

It is a Model 109C. I regularly service one of these, slightly newer than the one you have listed. Great tone.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chorales for CATS by custard apple @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Thanks very much Mark. Maybe I will start learning Bill's remarkable solo too, even A and B secs, if it becomes too time consuming.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by Inlanding @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Newman - Great to see you back at the bar! And you...you've not lost your charm and skill in composing such wonderful melodies and lyrics. After So Long is a wonderful tribute to your wife and marriage of thirty years! The first draft mix sounds pret
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "Love More" Chris Brown and Nicki Minaj - Piano Cover by Zach Evans @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Hey guys, Did a piano instrumental of Love more by chris brown, lemme know if you like it Love More Piano -Zach Evans
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Sam Ash NYC by lang15 @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Half the showroom
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff: Moment Musical No. 5 by Derulux @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

Anytime! I'm glad you may find some of it useful. I can't believe you can take an 11th! I can barely get a 10th, and that makes it very hard for me when there's a change from black keys to white keys (like Db-F). As a result, I usually repositio
Jump to new posts Re: OT Heartbleed by doremi @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

10 days into the scare, I got exactly 1 inconsequential notice...
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Insanity by Ritzycat @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

I would agree your production rate is pretty "insane"... I think I'll learn how to play this one ! just kidding.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Composition + a Drawing by leandrobrunapiano @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Thanks Steve Chandler, I really appreciate your words. The drawn elder is not a relative of mine. I simply considered that accompanying the song with that drawing would make the "combo" more expressive.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Morning Mist: a ballade for piano by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

I think Joel is having some fun here...
Jump to new posts Re: Casio AP range advice please by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: thamajor7. . . My fiance is looking for an electric piano, on a stand that looks more like an upright due to the fact that she is a music teacher. I think the Casio AP range looks good, but not sure which one to advise her to g
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest song ever written by patH @ Yesterday at 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: wrAnd anyway, topics about "the most" whatever are inane by definition, since there is no way to determine "hardest", "greatest", "saddest", "best", etc. To paraphrase a German f
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Jessiebear @ Yesterday at 05:50 PM

Yes you're quite right- there are similarities running through many of his pieces, 3 against 2 for instance and the Africana theme. Nefeli is in Best Of, so that's good hehe. Oltremare remains one of my favourites. I managed to do it justice playi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to flavor chords on piano? by Diane... @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

I use sus chords a lot to color/flavour chords.
This is also their biggest advantage over the acoustic Imagine the trumpat player playing at 11pm just behind the wall, practicing some fortissimo for trumpet concerto I wonder, how long your love for trumpet would be The same is with pianos B
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
144 registered (Almaviva, 36251, acortot, Anne'sson, 43 invisible), 1500 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153542 Topics
2250188 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Uneven key balance
by Beemer
49 minutes 54 seconds ago
Antique Piano Shop from TN
by IPDRPT
Today at 08:52 AM
Piano song requests?
by kent2012
Today at 08:19 AM
Requests?
by kent2012
Today at 08:06 AM
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
Today at 01:21 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission