Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
132 registered (Amosdoll, accordeur, agoriaket, A Flat Minor, ADWyatt, 31 invisible), 1545 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Bach Prelude by BruceD @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

Bach Prelude 21, Bk. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- General Discussion Room by peterws @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

50 lyricmudra A lovely work on a pure soundin` piano. So meolious, a real treat for the old ears . . A great piece for developing style and expression. 51 Shubertian One try, one complete take . . .I wish! Now this ius so fluid and accomplishe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by Tubbie0075 @ Yesterday at 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By WiseBuffThe theory book and ear training books for RCM level 6 arrived and I've started them. I have no demanding time frame on this exam. I just want to be fluent in music and theory is the language. I found the level 5 exam
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks for all the great replies everyone, I'll be sure to check out all these resources! I really appreciate getting your personal feedback and recommendations on services/books/other resources you've used – it's really hard to filtering through t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Considering to buy a Yamaha YDP-162 by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Generally piano stools are accessories are marked up quite a bit in music stores I noticed when buying one. You can get the same sort of thing cheaper from ebay or even online music stores much cheaper. The chair I had that came with the piano had
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: reflecting material behind an upright by Ivan M. @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

The idea is to get all the frequencies back in the primary reflection behind the piano instead of losing the bass through the wall. I hope this might just take care at least of what the player hears... But in the end the other walls can require some
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to get feedback on original compositions by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

What are you trying to achieve with this composition? Why did you write it? What is your goal as a composer?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts gospel or sacred music by seniormoment @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Anyone here play this type music? I am trying to arrange a few old "church" songs but am finding it difficult to incorporate descending runs. I've run out of ideas. I hear things I like on some recordings but don't hear well & am find
Jump to new posts Re: Ah ah!! Kawai ES7 Has Been Discontinued by Framboise @ Yesterday at 01:16 PM

Cheers from sunny south of France ! Yes indeed, the es7 has been discontinued - however, you can still find them for sale on the net. In fact, Kawai has announced that the es8 should be available in Europe in September, and for those of you who live
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II as an inboard sound on a portable DP by maurus @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By JoeT... even a AP string can break in the middle of a performance. And how often does this happen? I have not seen or experienced it a single time so far. And with one string broken you still have two more over most of the range,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Wind Etude arpeggios by debussychopin @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By IncongruousOriginally Posted By piano_friendThat might be helpful https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKkLhCAqMM Ur arpeggios sections start at 07:00 Also check the phrasing at 20:00 I practically disagree with most things you s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I have an old Piano, I don't know it's value... by Olek @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

As long what you write is valuable it will serve someone which look for information at some other occasion. So it is not totally lost and in that situation we cannot say much anyway, not having the smallest piece of technical information on the pian
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changing my mind? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 12:30 PM

I think rainbows has portrayed the frequent downside to teaching piano through a music store. It's a consumer based, turnstile approach to music education. Two questions come to mind. One, does rainbow's home studio pay substantially better than the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB AMUSA EXAM by BruceD @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

Apart from what your teacher says, what do the official requirements state? Surely you have consulted the requirements on line or in print. In any examination situation that I have encountered, I have never heard that pieces have to be a specific
Jump to new posts Re: Roland F-140R Digital Piano by Sandbo @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

Any idea when it would be available (in store) in Canada? And from your description, is it only improved by having the Bluetooth support? Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can you identify by ear only what key something is in? by LessonsOTW @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

I can tell if a song is in a certain key if I have played a song in that key recently. I can usually pick out if something is in Bb (I play the blues a lot). Unfortunately, I was not blessed with perfect pitch. Although, your ears can be trained t
Jump to new posts Re: Spacestation v3 keyboard amp for AP sounds by Dave Ferris @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

My SS has sold but thanks for the inquiries.
Jump to new posts Re: you tune the first string by Olek @ Yesterday at 09:17 AM

I agree, we seem to share the same listening, attack then decay (I said sustain). "There was a time I tuned the beginning of the tone beatless. A kind of DOA unison. But I was never really happy with the decay in the tone." rings to me, t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by Olek @ Yesterday at 09:04 AM

Hello the opening in the wall facing the piano will probably cure much of the reflections. If the audience is in a room next to that door your room will work as speakers, so no idea of the tone quality. For the legs there is no trouble if you are
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Book with Lullabies by Rank Piano Amateur @ Yesterday at 07:30 AM

I have some recollection of a record (later a CD) and an accompanying book called "Golden Slumbers." The songs were gorgeous.
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Vertegrand - aka models K and V ? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 07:24 AM

Thank you for that information, Erchoukyrie. One of my clients had a Vertegrand - a magnificent thing which we kept going for years within the realms of what was possible without a major workshop refurbishment. Eventually he sold it and bought a n
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by barbaram @ Yesterday at 06:34 AM

1. Pam Wedgwood "Take it from here", from "Jazzin' About" 2. Schumann Op 68 no1 : Melody from Album for the Young 3. Raglan Road (aka The Dawning of the Day/Fainne Geal an Lae) - Irish traditional 4. Schumann Op 68 no 39: Wint
Jump to new posts Re: How regular should one tune the piano? by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:22 AM

a second hand piano in a good environment should stand one year if not played brutally, if it stand on its 4 casters on a stable floor (od tile floors make the piano move all times and the tuning goes away sooner) When the plain wire begin to be tir
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Voicing the Piano by Olek @ Yesterday at 05:42 AM

YEs but needling produce the same results in both cases. simply the core of the hammer is way les compressed .packed with softer hammers they are more damping, and I think we cannot make the under crown as resilient without laquers. lacquersI are e
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Someday my prince will come by piano89 @ Yesterday at 05:21 AM

Hi everybody! Here is a simple piano version of the famous song someday my prince will come. Hope you'll enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oBz2Tn8sI
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
And YES, you can save 10% AND still get free shipping on Jansen Artist benches!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My first piano, I appreciate your feedback.
by agoriaket
08/31/15 04:05 AM
schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3
by sor
08/31/15 02:47 AM
How do you store your sheet music and books?
by TwoSnowflakes
08/31/15 12:23 AM
New Teacher Recommending Less Practice?
by TX-Bluebonnet
08/30/15 11:03 PM
What should I do after high school with the piano?
by boogiewoogie123
08/30/15 09:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,579 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,558 Topics
2,440,673 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission