Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
61 registered (Bellicapelli, augustm, alfredo capurso, 14 invisible), 857 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Inexperienced pianists by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Finally someone has developed photoshop for video!!! ;-) Seriously, that kid is possessed. In a good way of course.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computerized Piano Exercises? by Vadomorbido @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Hallo, I started with Alfred. Good method but no immediate feedback. Now I'm using Piano Marvel since 3 mounths. Very interesting and exciting. No, boring, very progressive. I play on Kaway CA15 and I'm on it every free moment (my wife hates it),
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Finally upgraded: Roland FP4 to Roland RD800 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By suniilMorodiene and Marko: She plays only Acoustic gigs, most of the venues are reluctant to use Stereo setup and Sound engineers tend to ignore my request as she is still not a major artist. At home we have Adam A3x studio m
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:15 AM

The problem I have with tuning all the "A" notes by ear is that I can't do that without using other notes as a reference. In other words, when tuning by ear, the stretch develops as I tune the piano. Stretch is not pre conceived. Even roo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thanks again, Andy. I had also posted the Righini variations with score on youtube with some commentary, in case you're interested. (link here) The date I find for the Sussmayr variations is 1799. I agree that these early pieces have elements of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course - The real deal? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By Beth_FrancesAlfred's is very popular, but I don't think it's the best. The left hand doesn't get developed properly, it just plays chords, and the book moves at an unrealistic pace. Especially if you are teaching yourself. This
Jump to new posts Re: name that tune.... by paradice @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Yeah it's a great YouTube channel for comparing sounds, all recorded in the same way and played consistently. Will still try different pianos in the shop but he makes it a lot easier to compare them
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Hem, A note that no matter how much I'd like to attend, I cannot, at the moment confirm anything. What I said is that my sister in law lives in Geneva, so there are chances, but that's about it... Sorry to dissapoint, but I'd hate for you to think
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by Medden @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

I think 'stage fright' is a bit of a misnomer for this, to me it's more 'distracted playing'. Having someone watch or listen means my mind is wondering what they think, when I need all my focus on my playing. A simple solution is to to add distract
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Preparatory Exercise for Blind Octaves No. 2 by Sayers ;-) by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

Hi Everyone, This composition is played entirely with the thumbs, including the final measures. The score can be viewed here: http://www.michaelsayers.com/preparatoryexerciseforblindoctavesno2.html The reverb is the natural sound at Västerha
Jump to new posts Re: A Fun Voice - "Toy Piano" by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesI should point out that this voice does not employ 88-key sampling. Love it!!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone teach Group Piano classes? by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 06:12 AM

Groove On, there is some group piano teaching of beginner young kids, but rarely for adults. However, in the US there is now a small movement called Recreational Music Making (or RMM), an endeavor of the National Piano Foundation, that fosters the so
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP series Piano sample SOUND question by lophiomys @ Yesterday at 05:45 AM

Jay Roland, An internet forum might primarily not be there to serve the interests of any commercial company, but for the highly diverse interests of the forum members. Right or wrong can openly be discussed. A forum like this is also very useful
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPE_rXnzQBU
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 stands? by Skyscrapersax @ Yesterday at 04:10 AM

Connolly on the East Coast is the distributor. I spoke with them before, about their Spider stands. The gentleman I spoke with had all of the part numbers (there are lots of them...) memorized!
Jump to new posts Re: 8DIO Studio Piano by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By Melodialworks Musicthere are three demo tracks. - all non-descript and/or reverb-sodden. And why do some developers bother to showcase a combo track? On the available evidence I can't see why anyone would buy this in preferen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lang Lang piano academy course books.... by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90There are some specific threads on the Beginner's Forum for very non-beginner material. Why not start some for these pieces? That would be great! I really enjoy the process of learning a new piece, it's like a puzzle, and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why are Hamburg Steinways so scarce in USA? by phacke @ Yesterday at 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By SwarthThe Indy 500 is now run with either a Chevy or Honda engine. They like to tell us these engines are based on your cars 2.2l using E85 fuel. Of course the chassis is custom made and the Chevy engine is from a custom shop in
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to assess difficulty of a song? by headbirth @ Yesterday at 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By keystringWhen I saw the subject line, I did not expect the kinds of things that I saw in the first posts. "Beats per minute" = assessing difficulty of a piece? "Grade level" = difficulty? No, you look at it
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone have any piano student dropout rate statistics? by MomOfBeginners @ Yesterday at 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By ezpiano.orgThe best way to keep track, in my opinion, would be asking famous method book publishers such as Piano Adventure, Piano Pronto or Piano Town how many of Level 1 books they sell each year and how many Level 2, 3, 4, 5 b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Mozart "Fantasy in d minor" (K.397) by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90I've already highlighted these measures and 41-43 as being the hardest in the piece so it's not just you regardless of participation here. Can you identify exactly where you're falling over? I had a difficulty with M26 go
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin SD-10 and WN&G Action questions by Steve Peterson @ Yesterday at 01:20 AM

Thanks to both of you for your responses. They were very helpful. Steve
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My "new" golden age M&H by Cassia @ Yesterday at 01:02 AM

Thanks for the well wishes! There really is something special about these old Mason & Hamlin's, people seem to connect with them on a profound level. My last piano teacher (years ago now) had an old M&H that his parents bought when he was a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: any moving tips to be aware of? by Goomer Piles @ 03/26/15 11:19 PM

Unfortunately, 'professional piano movers' aren't always what they claim (to say the least). Also, a likely scenario is a team of three movers where, for example, one of them knows his stuff and the other two are rookies. Two things to be certain o
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Almaviva How did you know? I applied my keen eye and comprehensive knowledge of the German alphabet, acquired and honed over many years, ........ to the printing on the fallboard. Larry.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Used Transcribe to Slow Rick Wakeman's intro to "Awaken"
by pianoman9
03/28/15 01:31 AM
Musicality of a piece
by piano_friend
03/27/15 07:44 PM
Petrof new grands - overpriced?
by Piano_Brazil
03/27/15 07:07 PM
Recommendations for Small Room Humidifier/De-Humidi
fier

by PNO40
03/27/15 06:03 PM
Where to purchase Kawai MP7?
by cfit
03/27/15 05:29 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,673 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,761 Topics
2,389,246 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission