Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
89 registered (anamnesis, Al LaPorte, ando, Bellicapelli, 36251, 21 invisible), 1141 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 3/3/15 by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

They don't edit the moaning much, I don't think..everything is recorded but you never know which ones they will release.. DF
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone tried learning an entire set of pieces? Any tips? by ChopinLives81 @ Yesterday at 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By Cheeto717Do you mind if I ask how your reading skills are? The difficulty of this project will be determined by how well you can read through pieces. I think if you can sight read through any of the nocturnes, even if it's at a s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 37 --- General Discussion Room by Silver Keys @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I've been sort of out sick for a few days, so another batch of Thank-Yous are in order: Andy Platt Whizbang Monica K. Piano_Primo 1 Carlos CC Noobpianist90 Verqueue Dpaws Thank you all for listening and providing such helpful comments. I think my
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Piano Teachers forum! by missbelle @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

For the summers only, and only for continuing students, I do offer to travel to their homes, within a few miles from my home. The school is still available, and my home studio, so I only do it for 2-3 students each summer, and I arrange the times a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Stefan Abels playing one of Chopin's Trois Nouvelles Etudes by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

It is quite a plush interpretation and slower than what we usually hear which is why I am sharing it [and because I prefer this Etude on the slow side ]. This music is so great that it isn't easy to not enjoy it no matter what the tempo is. ht
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 41 key piano (Herrburger Brooks) by JustHarmony @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Followed this thread from another forum to see what folks here had to say about this odd little piano. Sounds like for most practical purposes, it's pretty much useless and worthless. I woudn't give up entirely, though - I'd dust it off, clean it u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should one learn "easy" arrangements? by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By Groove OnI found this very useful for picking songs near my level. Graded Pieces Sorted By Difficulty (PDF) FULL LINK: http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/Graded_Pieces_Sorted_By_Difficulty.PDF I wouldn't really use that l
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Glenn Gould on Richard Strauss by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesI love the Stimmungsbilder.. simple, heartfelt, naively honest music. But I'm glad he didn't compose like that for his entire career. Hmmm....not exactly my cup of tea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65UeHLmzCz
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Andrea Granitzio - Five Piano Pieces for Contemporary Kids by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:01 PM

I've already listened to the first one. You choose composers very well! In the first composition does Andrea Granitzio really want an "a tempo" at measure 73? The section of measures 73 through 102 is without the repeating 16th note pa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help with counting by DragonPianoPlayer @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By sinophiliaI highly recommend this little book: Basic Timing for Pianists +1 for this book. There are other good books on reading rhythms but their focus is on single lines of rhytbhms. Also general principles apply. When you
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts Baby grand pianos under 15k by gabtielgarzapiano @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

tons of people who at first don't know much about piano, buy a piano that will not be good enough for them in the future.what pianos under 15,000 are the best on the market for professional piano players or people who will achieve a professional leve
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do we memorize a piece on the piano? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

She used to post in here until she got too busy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by joe80 @ Yesterday at 12:34 PM

- Karl, you know how museums are usually pretty good at a little smoke and mirrors - so perhaps it is one of the Streichers that Brahms used, but used it quite a lot. Clara Schumann also used the piano. It might not be the one that was bombed in the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by dewster @ Yesterday at 11:54 AM

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about purchasing the XLN Audio pianos, but I just re-skimmed the SOS review pointed to above and nowhere in it does he mention stretching. The stretch groups have sufficient timbre differences to pretty much ju
Jump to new posts Re: Can you mimic a soundboard effect on Kawai CA65? by Sam Sam Sam @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

Hahaha. I tip my hat to you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin by Elene @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

And happy Chopin's name-day. Y'all practice, now! Elene
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano - U1 vs B3 vs.. digital? by clobbo @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Thanks Chris, Norbert, and James. You've all provided a lot of helpful information. Made my choice somewhat easier, but I'm also considering a nice digital now as well. Primarily reason for that is that I can play when my baby daughter (now 9 mont
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear by pianomike @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

I have the rd 700 gx,Im guessing its about 6 or 7 years old, the keys are a little dull and wore out looking but other than that it plays and looks like new, I have the super natural piano sounds in it, great reliable piano.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by Swarth @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

I feel your pain. I purchased an old Chickering that had been "mostly" restored. I learned the hard way that is was "mostly" shoddy work that needed to be done over wasn't worth much. Lesson learned. I then found a M&H CC2 c
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New piano by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

It must be quite thrilling to go from a digital to a very nice grand!
Jump to new posts Re: Can you folks give any input about "unweighted" keybeds? by Trevor May @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By anotherscottIf you can wait a year... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1200817609/vax-midi-keyboard-controller That looks great. I'd like one now, though, and a little more cheaply. FYI, I found a Roland A-49 to demo at
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String Covers and Volume reduction by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Mine only comes off just before the technician arrives to tune, and then goes back on again. I've played it occasionally (after tuning) for a while, but it makes very little difference. I'd say it softens the brightness more than reduce the volume,
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Eine Kleine TagMuzik" ("A Little Day Music") by Larry G. Alexander @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

Fellow forumites, This is my "Eine Kleine TagMuzik" ("A Little Day Music") for organ and orchestra: http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/EineKleineTagMuzik.mp3 Regards, Larry
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts My new kawai k8-as by jarjar @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

Decided to trade in my 8 years old awai gm10le for a kawai k8-as upright piano. Enjoying the new piano for 2 months already!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by aesop @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By backto_study_pianoOriginally Posted By aesop ... My piano has just been tuned up by a very good tech, and it sounds ten times better than the records I made last year. ... What sort of piano do you have, aesop? (your Profile
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Just bought a VPC-1! Some simple questions
by Hansgreger
58 minutes 32 seconds ago
Share ur experience overcoming "stage fright"
by piano_friend
Today at 02:57 AM
Hi, I'm new here
by trumpet89
Today at 01:16 AM
Fingerings in the 1800s?
by InfiniteClouds
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Transition to wedding pianist
by Angela62213
Yesterday at 08:39 PM
Forum Stats
78,418 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,128 Topics
2,380,390 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission