Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
88 registered (Almaviva, bounced, Anne'sson, alienT, 23 invisible), 1729 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Obscure sheet music - coenen by Gmthompson1 @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Hi - I'm looking for piano sheet music for Nocturne in Eb Major by Willem Coenen.....does anyone have any info on the composer or leads on the sheet music? I heard the piece on Michael Van Krucker's "Nocturnes" and would love to have the s
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTQuote:An efficient way is to compute: Velocity = table[ timing ]. That requires memory access, increasing the part cost hundredfold and adding latency. A simple bit flip doesn't. Low-level hardware engineering is hard. Let's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Digital or Second Hand Upright? by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

will share a recent experience. over the summer, considered replacing my older model roland digital with a portable to travel with. the roland is my early hours (midnight to 0600) practice tool, and for now decided to get another acoustic to put in
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Charlie Osgood's pianos by Duke of Dunning @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Yesterday, Charles Osgood hosted the CBS "Sunday Morning" show for the last time after a run of more than 20 years. Among the various tributes and recollections was a piece about his musical talents as a pianist and banjo player. During one
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By mischeliSo, you can clearly hear the difference here. . . . In his 5-note tests, the Yamaha and Roland are played staccato (or at least detache), while the Casio is played legato. I don't know if that was deliberate, or n
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who knows something About an Obermeier grand piano by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

yes, obermeier made various sizes of grand pianos. they might have made white pianos, but there is no image or record accessible to me of any that they made. knowing the history of the individual instrument, how it was kept and maintained, if it
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome with wireless earphones by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:39 PM

Since it's in an earphone, you can record an acoustic piano while listening to the metronome. That's how movie sound track music has been done for decades now -- with a click track synchronized to picture.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C6x with Disklavier Enspire by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Wow! This is great technology. Thank you for sharing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need opinion on 13 year old son by prenex @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

We have almost the same child, although, I would consider mine 90th percentile, yours, 98th percentile. I am convinced it's a developmental milestone. These pieces you mention take amazing mental focus and it takes a lot out of a _anybody_ to sta
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1/U3 grey market pianos by gnuboi @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

That should do it. Congratulations!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need piano suggesstion by gnuboi @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

You're fortunate to have a diligent 6-yr-old. Parents can easily tell whether a kid will play music for the rest of his or her life. You just might have one such child. That said, I believe the K2, K200, K300, and the U1 can all be "forever i
Jump to new posts Re: Which one is a better choice? by Doug M. @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By BolsterThe main reason i made this thread is to know which used dp to buy... Theres a korg lp350 for 300 usd And a px130 for 220usd The px130 is 2 years old,korg being 5.5 years old I just wanna know,is the age safe enough? I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for direction in buying a piano by gnuboi @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Since you have access to new Kawai, I think the K200 or K300 would be fine. K200 is definitely not overkill as it is the entry model for the Kawai K uprights while still retaining the Millennium III action (same technology used in their grand pianos
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By Steve CohenOriginally Posted By RetsacnalHow about a bullet list of the embarrassing and unethical events? Like designating a school an "All Steinway School" when the overwhelming majori
Jump to new posts Re: Does the kawai es100 have a battery? by prout @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By TheodorNOriginally Posted By proutSadly, I cannot find proof that there is no battery in the es100. The other thread on this topic clearly shows that some Digital Pianos have batteries. But - these batteries DO NOT power the pian
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy tuning of my new Blüthner by pyropaul @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerPaul, No, not during the tuning. I will however make a recording of something this week and post a link here if that is what you would like? Ian Ian, that's exactly what I'd like Thanks! Paul.
nice shoe.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kinderszenen (Schumann): Thoughts? by Carey @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Carey Interesting Doctoral Thesis on this topic. Discussion of the Opus 15 specifically starts on page 45. https://www.scribd.com/doc/227956723/Schumann-Piano-Music-for-Children-Analysis Intere
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Cabinet Refinishing tips and wisdom by Nathan Monteleone @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By Chuck Behm, CPT-E Mr. Zebra: Nathan mentioned a series I wrote in 2008 - 2009 concerning refinishing. I can supply a link to that if you don't have access. However, I would be glad to boil down our method into a short list of ste
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by Dashy @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

Honestly? Partly because I love all music and wish to create my own. Partly because in my 40's and it's good for my mental health and self-esteem. Partly because I'm envious of people who can play music. I did violin for a while, and I loved
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reasonable amount to charge for gig by Redhead1 @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

I work in Atlanta and charge $400 for a ceremony/cocktail hour, plus an additional fee if I need to bring my own keyboard. You can see my Pricing and Packaging Page Pricing and Packaging Page for more details. I wrote a book called Giggin' for L
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clomp! Clomp! Clomp! by Dashy @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

I have a PX-760. I've been using it for 6 months and some keys are starting to click/bounce on release. It's been pissing me off. My wife assures me it's not annoying while in the same room if I play with headphones on. Also, I notice the actual
Jump to new posts Re: Look at my homepage by Beemer @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

This may be of interest: http://www.gottschalk.fr/index.php/en/gottschalk-s-eng/partitions-s-eng Not for four hands but delightful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBzWxbhUxNA Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing staccato to improve precision by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 09:19 AM

@earlofmar: Indeed, every Bach piece is more tricky than it looks. @dogperson: Thanks! I already know about this exercise and about rhythmic variations too. It's something I've been practicing.
Jump to new posts Re: DIY KAWAI ES-100 stand by FastJ @ Yesterday at 09:17 AM

Stand is very stable and compact. Regarding the stool- it's not made by me. IKEA made it easy for me Also, material used in here is plain matte white plywood cuted by the order. So, technically, I just had to join ordered pieces and that's it.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Suggestions for technical work books?
by mylynn
15 minutes 46 seconds ago
Adult Practice Help
by USMCGRUNT
38 minutes 55 seconds ago
How to play Debussy's La Fille Aux De Lin bar #6 last chord
by briandang
Today at 08:00 PM
How to learn to tune and repair pianos?
by Piango
Today at 05:33 PM
Novice question
by GHN
Today at 04:31 PM
Forum Stats
85,090 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,378 Topics
2,558,618 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission