Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
136 registered (accordeur, Alan Tripp, Albunea, 36251, Adreneline, 34 invisible), 1702 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Toronto Valentine Circus, Part 2 by Peter K. Mose @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

Valentina Lisitsa is coming back to Toronto - after her famed April political firing by the Toronto Symphony - to present two romantic repertoire solo recitals on May 8 and 9 at a rental theatre/church in the suburb of Oakville. Ticket prices are mo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody know this brand? by mauro1855 @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I'll see if I can get some pics, though it may take me a while. In the mean time I'm contemplating all possibilities.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The Piano Music of Charles Ives- master class by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Spend an hour with America's GREATEST composer CHARLES IVES. You've never heard this stuff before (probably:) Includes a mini-workshop on the use of dissonance in modern music. Free. https://youtu.be/otGAvFUYDMk
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Buzz..?? by Gene Nelson @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

Had one once that I spent many hours locating buzzes Turned out to be bridge cap glue joint that failed
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor by Nahum @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Piano light / lamp recs by Zerlina @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

I'm looking for suggestions on a bright, even piano / light lamp. The one I have now is okay but the lighting on the page isn't even. I'm looking for a lamp that will give me more even lighting for times I'm playing in the evening. Thank you.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is this something? by JoelW @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Aha! It's from Pour le piano - Sarabande. If I had remembered to include the F bass with the A minor chord, you would have recognized it even the though the key is wrong. Thanks everyone.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Back from Singapore now - my trip confirmed what many of you have suspected - the low- to mid-range Keyboard actions simply don't feel good enough to me. I managed to play DPs from all three big manufacturers, but all in separate shops. The only tw
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts playing together with others by iamanders @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

I am very interested in the idea of meeting other musicians and sometimes playing together with them. Where do I find such musicians? Are there special places where I can meet such people? I have never really done a lot of playing together with other
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much can you negotiate for Baldwin bp165? by shirlkirsten @ Yesterday at 12:40 PM

I know this is old.. but i favored the Kawai GE-20--a well made piano.. IN JAPAN not Indonesia.. I had to sell when I moved to Berkeley. My tech, Israel Stein, also lauded the GE-20. You have to find one, probably used since they are no longer import
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Dealer Neglects Boston and Essex Pianos by Norbert @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Quote:This statement/subject is an over-generalization, and sort of idiotic. I think this would and 'does' vary somewhat from dealership to dealership. If buyers are basing their decisions more on 'image' and salesmanship, I've seen same happening
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Congratulations, Robin. Sooner or later, we'll join you for tea. I do wonder, though, if you'll get the same quality of material for your books from the high tea crowd that you've always gotten from the cocktail hour.
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences **Solved** by emenelton @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

congrats I thought it might be panning in Logic but it was your interfaces mixer then I am glad you posted the result
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Stubbie's new C3X by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

Here are a few photos of our new Yamaha C3X. We've placed the piano in the master bedroom, which should be large enough for the piano and which required a minimum of rearranging of the house.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adam Schaaf Model 30 41662 (1916); Adam Schaaf Model 21 (192 by Adam Schaaf 58265 @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

I have just now added an image of my fall-board decal. I also have begun to chronicle the eight months of experiments on my rescued Schaaf 41662. I should learn to play the old song, "Fools Rush In, Where Wise Men Fear to Tread." It's gr
Jump to new posts Re: I want to buy a cdp-120,it is ok? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Yes, it's o.k. It's probably the least expensive digital piano that is actually usable. With that being said, the Casio privia PX-150 (or the new PX-160 when it becomes available) are significantly better pianos and they are not THAT much more expe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is the piano in this performance? by PianissiGretto @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

First time I heard a D. Is this what is called blooming base? Compared to another youtube performance by also another great pianist George Winston playing the same song, this piano seems to sound better to me. May be it is just the recording. T
Jump to new posts Re: First digital piano. Which will be better? by toddy @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Just another little but very important point: Casio make one good quality keyboard for all of their PX range and the console style Celvianos. I'm not sure if it's the same in their budget CDP pianos, though - and my impression was that the CDP pianos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: When pianists get down on themselves by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesPlay with chocolate? ... Try chocolate play dough. Don't make a non-edible kind; that's just cruel.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers who refuse to take "beginner" adults by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By JytteMy 5 cents worth on material: IMHO it is VITAL that the material being used is at least for the most part something the student LIKE. I'm not saying you have to absolutely adore each piece, and of course there will be scale
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Mrs. Sokoloff, Part II by Peakly @ Yesterday at 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniCheck out the second installment of an interview with a truly fascinating lady, Mrs. Eleanor Sokoloff. She is not only bright, she's courageous. Those are some very pointed remarks she made regarding gender fairnes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: another "what to buy" question! by Rank Piano Amateur @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

There are a lot of brands in addition to Yamaha and Kawai that I think you should check out, especially in light of your price range. You can get a lot of piano for the money you are willing to spend! I would recommend that you shop around and chec
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, so I've been thinking about Max's cardboard fix by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 06:48 AM

News about Max's cardboard fix https://youtu.be/pOBwn2odX-g Rob Cosh from Canada wrote: This is a great addition to the toolkit for repairs. I used it this morning on a client's piano - worked great. Thanks for sharing! https://youtu.be/CGk
Jump to new posts Re: Microsoft surface pro3 for gigging with vsts? by PaulH @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

Thanks Charles...I haven't thought the active crossover plugin option through properly yet, or perhaps I misunderstood active crossover plugins; it seems like a good idea, but as you say I don't yet know exactly how I would use it not having done it
Jump to new posts Re: Please help - new Steinway B by Steve Senseney @ Yesterday at 06:17 AM

RH--Relative Humidity
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A realization
by Svenno
04/26/15 01:51 PM
At what price do digital piano's start sounding real
by TomRL
04/26/15 11:30 AM
CA 67 midi control
by mike2014
04/26/15 08:38 AM
"Golden Age"
by PhilipInChina
04/26/15 08:03 AM
Drama! 7 y.o. Student Doesn't want to do Recital this Year!
by pianoman9
04/26/15 05:20 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,049 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,551 Topics
2,399,907 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission