Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

Good luck! Nice plan!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet setup for ultra portable rig by Scott Hamlin @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sand TigerOriginally Posted By: Scott HamlinI have a CME X-KEY 25 and I love it.. but not for playing piano pieces. It is ideal for working on chords, progressions and melodies, light composing. With polyphonic aftertouch, it i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

[whine] Awwww, maaaan!..... [/whine] (Not that I don't like Debussy... )
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by peterws @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possib
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Help! by Maarkr @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

was this it...not exactly as you described. http://www.scribd.com/doc/21981268/Must-Have-Blues-Piano-Licks or http://www.scribd.com/doc/131354491/100-Ultimate-Blues-Riffs-for-Piano-Keyboards looks good, but u have to be a member to dl it.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Cromatic lead in Elton John song by Maarkr @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

just a noob, but maybe C#/F, D#/G, C/G doesn't sound bad anywho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Piano Pro - Hot Tips and Mini Lessons by Pete the bean @ Yesterday at 12:58 PM

Mark: I tried to send you a private message but you are over your limit. Here is a link to the chart: http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdFPE.asp?ppn=MN0117143 If you can transpose it before you buy, take it up an octave. Here is the intro li
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: special gloves to reinforce good hand position by carlos88 @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Is this the video/topic? http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...oper_Hand_.html (If it's not, I still think it's another great video by Robert Estrin)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please,can you help me choose my new digital? by Starr Keys @ Yesterday at 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Piano RX I would reccommend Kawai as they are reliable and will make any transtion to an acoustic easier. +1. The difference between playing on my Casio PX330 and Kawai VPC1 feels closer to the difference between playing th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway "B" Purchase Question by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

A properly rebuilt piano is basically a new piano.
Jump to new posts Re: SURVEY - Your Favorite Virtual Piano Library by escope @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

1. Pianoteq 5 2. Galaxy Vintage D 3. empty (dont want to give a point here) I tried a lot of virtual pianos, but sounds of digital pianos are different comparing to sound libraries I mean not a realism, what was completed long ago I mean practicalit
Adult Beginners Forum
Don, that's an excellent improvement. I know M8 is difficult and you've got a ritardando in there, and that's fine. The pause before M5 may be similarly an interpretive thing but I would also make sure you can play it alongside a metronome or maybe j
@MacMacMac My first choice is Midi also. But good to know that USB can be tricky @Lolatu I first want to try with plain midi and my desktop Computer. Maybe in the future I will give Linux a try. Maybe my laptop will do Pianoteq on linux ... Do you
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One note suddenly out of tune by A443 @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: guylHow come no one provides any actual advice? All I see is "don't do this" and "call a tuner" responses. The advice is to not do it, because it is not necessary; it only has the potential to cause more harm
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Midi on Kawai DPs by susanmusic @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Bhmpower, Our posts crossed. The HCX app is temporarily unavailable. The company's ownership is transitioning back to the original developers. Should be good in the long run. PM me if you'd like other options.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at 1914 Baldwin by JMN12 @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Thanks Everyone! I will check out the Chickering since it is a short drive. My focus still is on the Baldwin but I agree with MusicPassion and Beethoven- think they are asking too much. JM
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB Grades by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: PatonpianoI have never had a piano lesson, our family just got given a piano from some friends about 3 years ago and i thought id make the most of it. I learnt how to loosely read music and then started to learn some themes from
Jump to new posts Re: Stand + Monitors for MP11 by ChoPraTs @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

Hello, I'll probably buy the Kawai MP11 this month so I'm looking for a good stand too. I think I will not need monitors because I've a pair of JBL LSR 305 that I think can be very good for the Kawai. But I'm in doubts about the stand... So I suscr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated note legato by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: noobpianist90I'm using a digital. Maybe I need to try it on a grand to see if my technique needs work or if its a limitation of my digital. Some digitals have the click referred to in Lingyis post (escapement notch).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone working with Fundamental Keys by dmd @ Yesterday at 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: SheyI've not seen Rachel's videos in sterling They are not in stores. They are on here website. This is her website ...http://fundamentalkeys.com/ and this is where the videos are. http://fundamentalkeys.com/videos2.html
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano - Sound Question by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

The recording, as others have said, sounds normal to me as well. Something to keep in mind is that when listening to recordings, or even live playing, you're not going to be isolating one note and playing it in such a manner repeatedly. I understa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrading a Yamaha Silent Series piano by pianelmo @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

Thanks for the quick response! Can I ask how you know this? It does appear that the new SH module brings lots of added functionality, but this all seems to me to be "in the box"/digital. I cannot see anything online to suggest that the actual physica
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Might play in hotel lounges/bars! by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 08:24 AM

Pover Can you play from a lead sheet/fake book? I'm guessing from your comments so far that you don't have any experience with that, but I think if you invested in a good fake book, a couple of how to play from a lead sheet type books and a goo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital Piece to go with Fur Elise by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: SaranoyaOriginally Posted By: AZNpianot is indeed an excellent composition. But I'm having a hard time selling it to my students. Well, I'm sold, if it's any consolation . It isn't a Consolation, it is a Sonatina .
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning the 7th octave by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:15 AM

firing the note about 3-5 times /second, looking for the thickening of the attack, (the tone "project" suenly) and the lenghtening of tone due to the octave under. go a hair higher an the 12 under "answer" too, as the double octa
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
100 registered (Anticlock, anotherscott, AlanSanDiego, 33 invisible), 1146 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157224 Topics
2309205 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Blac
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:56 PM
Blackbird - Piano Cover - The Beatles
by Aviram
09/01/14 11:49 PM
Kawai CA95 Recordings
by wolferblade
09/01/14 11:32 PM
soviet upright piano "LIRICS"
by Maximillyan
09/01/14 11:22 PM
Question about 1975 Steinway L
by mahlers2nd
09/01/14 09:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission