Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
84 registered (anotherscott, Auver, armani, Albunea, augustm, 25 invisible), 1079 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Six pianos! by ando @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By MarkarianThis may sound naive, but even taking into account duties, why not just shop here for a piano? It might be a consideration for some models, I guess. The first hurdle is that anything costing over US$1000 will attract a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi, Bennevis -- just a great "quickie" survey of compositions from the last 60 years. The Ades was a new one for me; I don't know his music -- but I guess I'd better get crackin'! Thanks for sharing th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by Finfan @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Forgive me for I have sinned! Yesterday was the last day of school for my wife (she's a teacher)and it was also the start of an American holiday weekend. So to celebrate we had dinner in the backyard and a drink, and another drink, and another.....
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Saving Gaza's only concert grand..... by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

There is already a thread on this supperficial documentary. I refrain from comment on the BBC position on Israel.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: help choosing a piano for under $500 by phacke @ Yesterday at 11:59 AM

Greetings- Regarding the Baldwin, I would first get the seller's tech on the phone to get impressions and ask the seller for pictures of the repairs on the ribs, which you can post here for opinions. Best wishes-
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts double flat B by Pollux @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

A double flatted B
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too Humid To Tune? by Cinnamonbear @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Gentlemen, Thank you all for your replies! One thing that I appreciate so much about this forum is how your advice and shared experience helps to put things into perspective across the landscape. Many thanks! --Andy
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] MLP: Equestria Girls "Life Is A Runway" (Piano) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

https://youtu.be/ZXWXfaVH8Ts
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hamelin's Paganini Variations - Musical Quotes by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

Carl Vine Sonata(the popular one) at :50 (this is a stretch on my part) Chopin Barcarolle at 3:12 Bingo was his name-o(children's song)? at 5:24 Hamelin keeps a perfectly straight face during his Paganini Variations and does so here also(I heard
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about first grand piano purchase by carojm36 @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

This is funny. I was recently at ABF wondering if the heavier touch on my old Kawai wasn't interfering with my progress after a year of diligent practice..there I was told it was a technique problem. Here, it's the piano "fighting" th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts a well written write up on Sviatoslav Richter at N.P.R. by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

Hi Everyone, I found this well written write up on Sviatoslav Richter, and from back in March of this year, at the N.P.R. website. http://www.npr.org/sections/deceptivecad...-the-earth-move
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts a newly unveiled Paderewski monument in Poland by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Hi Everyone, The unveiling was May 7 of this year. I tried to find a photo of it online that is more detailed than the one with the article. http://www.thenews.pl/1/11/Artykul/20596...riot-Paderewski
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to practise to play relaxed by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:08 AM

If we were relaxed all the time, couldn't we simply play naturally?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 11 year old jazz pianist sensation in NY Times article by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

EM, (only) to save one click ... here's my interview with Joey Alexander about a year and half ago I think it was .. I know that you know where it is http://www.polishookstudio.com/2014/02/interview-with-joey-alexander.html
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67 Downweight by Pete14 @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Perhaps the grease applied to the keys just needs some time to settle in. Just keep on playing and assessing. If the keys remain "heavy" contact Kawai again. Kawai will replace the entire action if it comes to that. Their warranty service
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By John v.d.BrookOriginally Posted By keystring...... John, my very first impression was similar to that of Bennevis, but over the years I've gotten to know you as a teacher. You might participate in Guild, and you might use its pr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Georges Le-Bonque improvising on Franz Liszt's Ballade No. 2 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 06:50 AM

There is also this short improvisation on Wilde Jagd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Smv3Nt8YM
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha MM8 by Bachus @ Yesterday at 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By gg22It's very far from being a mini motif. I'd rather buy a used MOX8. Thats your opinion, but then since you didnt add any arguments as to why, it makes this post totally meaningless
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Johan B @ Yesterday at 03:52 AM

[b][/b]I stop this thread........I will make a new similar post..... Kind regards, Johan B
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Tuning for a Showroom Now.... by Scriabin67 @ Yesterday at 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By bkw58Congratulations! Caution is good. Work hard. Best wishes. Thanks Bob! I have spoken to, and will possibly be mentored for regulation and voicing by the showroom's master tuner/tech, who is well known in the tuning com
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Concert Pianists Make No Mistake by Fugue14 @ Yesterday at 02:09 AM

I've attended well over 100 recital/concerto concerts--none were note-perfect. Andras Schiff's "Goldberg Variations" probably came the closest, along with a 1980ish recital by Pogorelich, but they were not 100%--maybe 99% clean. Oh wait.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How should I teach a 9-year old piano? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 02:03 AM

So pleased to see that I'm not alone in my opinion about the damned metronome. I have a lengthier and more detailed discussion of this on my blog. https://thehappypianoprofessor.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/metronome-yes-or-no/ The second problem is
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by Crocus @ 05/22/15 11:46 PM

Thanks much, slobajudge and Macy. That is very helpful info, especially regarding the SSD and the connector. I'm going to take a look again at the Galaxy Vintage D, other people on this thread also say they like it. Very impressed by the extent o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: First day at piano camp by TwoSnowflakes @ 05/22/15 11:44 PM

Well, I demo-ed the Brahms, and in front of a pretty intimidating group of only pianists. I made three or four serious errors in the first section from nerves, but recovered and had some pretty long stretches there where I was playing how I wanted t
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bradbury Spinet piano help??? by BDB @ 05/22/15 10:00 PM

This is not the place to ask about this; it should be in the Tuner-Technician area. If you cannot find any screws or pins, it probably slides forward or back, and you may need to lift at some point.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha P105 or P45?
by FormulaGoat
05/24/15 02:00 AM
piano above the garage door
by yulinxp
05/24/15 01:18 AM
How Much are Modern Piano Recordings Digitally Edited?
by Scriabin67
05/24/15 01:02 AM
Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget
by AnastasiaT
05/24/15 12:04 AM
7-year-old on metronome practice
by hreichgott
05/23/15 11:54 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,391 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,297 Topics
2,409,807 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission