Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
64 registered (AndrewJCW, Andre campana, Albunea, Andrei Kuznetsov, bananasushi, 19 invisible), 960 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts GRIEG: "Watchman's Song" by Hal Freedman @ Yesterday at 08:56 AM

Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Musikmesse 2016 Frankfurt (7 - 10 April 2016) by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

Yamaha is pretty slow to change. Even if they release something new, it's usually not ahead of the industry in innovation. That's not the say they don't make a great product, it's just it takes them a long time to really change something.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overtone by philip cg @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

Yes Amanda, I read the bit about twisting strings and didn't understand it but that is the difficulty of asking someone to comment without them looking at the piano or indeed hearing it. Nevertheless I am grateful for all comments but can't do anyth
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Games - How do you integrate them? by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

I use games with young students as a reward, or if I feel a break is needed (sometimes kids are so tired that playing piano is just not happening). I have a couple of games from Whirligig - Legato Lake and a Rhythm one I can't recall the name of. I
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can I teach?! by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By DivaDiDonato As it relates to my business, there are certainly too many musicians who specialize in other instruments who decide to start teaching voice lessons, simply because they can find students to pay them, despite the fact
Jump to new posts Re: cracked sound board by music kitchen @ Yesterday at 07:37 AM

Thank you all, all opinions and analysis are noted.I did not hear any buzzing,rattling... and the sound has not ' changed' at least to the best of my knowledge.I would take all the suggested steps to arrive at a conclusion. Israel
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need help with an over zealous student by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 06:45 AM

I think you are really beating ourself up about this student. It is a very sad thing, but people with generous hearts often find themselves being pushed way beyond the limits of what is fair. And then find themselves being resented and criticized
Jump to new posts Re: How to remove the squeaky sound of pedals? by Dave125 @ Yesterday at 06:41 AM

I find that buffing works if the parts are dirty, bul i also find that dry lubricants or silicone spay work miricles
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: How to go about learning jazz piano? by PaulH @ Yesterday at 06:34 AM

I learnt to play piano on classical, always wanted to play jazz but for a very long time could not figure it out, I couldn't get on with any of the tutor books I got hold of. But now I think I have figured out how to teach myself jazz. So I'm no exp
Jump to new posts Re: Where to buy CLP-545/575 with voltage selector by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 06:17 AM

I looked at my service manual. This CLP-240 has a four-position voltage selector switch. It's buried somewhere inside the piano. But the schematic shows only one primary winding on the power transformer. So only one position on the 4-position switch
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope with musician's block? by Rerun @ Yesterday at 05:33 AM

Quote:... The activities I once loved (like singing and, more recently, piano exercises) have started to frustrate ... Well, someone like me would probably suggest that you find the fun again (I'm assuming it was halfway fun about one year ago).
Jump to new posts Re: Note Doesn't Ring by rXd @ Yesterday at 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By Fugue14Originally Posted By rXdOften not everyone hears what one particular person hears (or doesn't hear), hearing loss or not. Length of sustain can be one of those situations. there are always minor differences. A less minor d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What a Steinway dealer says about his competition. by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By MarkarianOriginally Posted By PhilipInChinaI was looking for some information on Bosendorfer 225s. This thread came up when I used thje search facility. It seemed scarcely worth starting a new thread so I posted on this one. Hav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale and my chords by Dave B @ Yesterday at 03:45 AM

Moagi, I don't fully understand your question. Any of these chords can be used as passing chords. It all depends on the situation. Very often chords outside of the key are used as passing chords, with the type and quality of the chord depending on th
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts James Bond New Music Theme (Piano Cover) by Aly Baracat @ Yesterday at 03:13 AM

Hi all, I've recently started a youtube channel where I post videos of my original compositions and covers. Here's my cover of Writing's on The Wall by Sam Smith.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos are like restuarants by Dave B @ Yesterday at 02:41 AM

Just like with food, its all about how you feel after ten years of steady diet.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What Mozart is this? by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By argerichfanJason, you should read Charles Rosen's essay 'Tradition Without Convention', published in a posthumously issued collection of essays 'Freedom and the Arts'. He has some interesting observations in practicing the K450 a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paid the balance on the Baldwin L by twocats @ Yesterday at 01:52 AM

Congrats again, and I'm so happy to hear that you get to keep your upright, too!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Jam using Jammr? by Jaker @ Yesterday at 01:32 AM

I I'm a sax player from sweden. I was wondering if there's any pianists here who would like to try and jam online using jammr or similar software? I have a quartet but I feel it would be fun to try and play more in a duo setting.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach on a Harpsichord (kind of) by SiFi @ Yesterday at 01:29 AM

I love that the sampling includes the "click" of the release. I"ve played lots of harpsichords in my time, including some gorgeous Rubios, and I know the action and all cannot possibly be reproduced on a digital keyboard, but neverthe
Jump to new posts Re: THE best headphones? by Possum SP280Krome @ Yesterday at 01:09 AM

This is what I have been using currently- and will discuss my findings with the ES8 1. Audio Technica ATM50's- my favorites, work well with everything I own. I think they shine on the ES8 2. Sennheiser HD280- they have a nice amount of output but I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brian Ganz - Masterclass Maestro by SiFi @ Yesterday at 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Opus_MaximusI've heard for many years about how he is really one of the best at Peabody, and a super nice guy in general. I have his informative essay and edition on the Chopin preludes. I would love to h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Belated Birthday Orange Soda King! by Cheeto717 @ Yesterday at 12:35 AM

Happy belated birthday OSK!
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Px-160 $425 + $50 e-rebate at Musiciansfriend by Beakybird @ Yesterday at 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohen1. 2. The PX-160 has the same action as the PX-350. So it'll wear out and get noisy just as fast, I fear. At that price, I can afford to upgrade in a few years.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Advice: Yamaha U3 too mellow by BDB @ 11/27/15 11:59 PM

You need to find a technician experienced in voicing. The first thing to try is reshaping the hammers and regulation.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First Impressions a good guide?
by peterws
Today at 04:51 AM
At exactly what level does one need to start sight reading?
by bananasushi
Today at 02:59 AM
How much sight reading material do you need to own?
by bananasushi
Today at 02:28 AM
SF10 Bridge Separation
by McKnight
Today at 01:50 AM
My new Casio AP-650
by FrankCox
Today at 01:02 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,585 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,648 Topics
2,470,644 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission