Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven piano keys by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BDBUpright pianos can have uneven keys from misadjusted capstans. That can happen quite quickly due to wear, even the wear on a shop floor, but is usually easily rectified. Yes indeed, but such wear results in keys being too l
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by larryz @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

I've completed the canon: http://youtu.be/YBsK_UO5jzA
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forster vs August Forster by turandot @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Robert 45 I am also enough of a realist to understand that the high volume production of Yamaha, Kawai, Pearl River and others make decent, affordable pianos for nearly everyone. The enjoyment and personal enrichment from playi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forearms starting to hurt by Johan B @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Agent, Take care of the right position: elbows, bench height etc. Pain?......means stop! Short time practice...take a break....stretch your body....and continue.... Good luck, Johan B
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: issues with my new VPC 1 by lolatu @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: MacMacMacYou and I won't drop our keyboards. But transportation companies will pay no heed to such recommendations. You either pack merchandise to withstand the common abuse expected from long-distance transport, or you suffer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: fun music theory by Johan B @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Great site, thanks! Johan B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coolest Back Action I have Seen by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Thats an Erard. I made a new one 2 years ago. Have fun regulating those spring tensions for an even touch!
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP90 successful repair by Jake Jackson @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

Many thanks for this update. I do not need to make these repairs, but maintaining an ongoing catalog of repairs that work is extremely valuable. We can keep these great instruments working! (I still haven't replaced my display. I plan to try later t
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts erard back action by Steve Jackson @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Here is the coolest back action I've ever seen.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Screw stringer parts needed by tenspan @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I am pursuing the matter thanks to your help.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn: Prelude and Fugue op. 35/1 by Hakki @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Hi Tobias. This was very good. And thanks for introducing the piece. BTW, I could not be sure whether we had talked about this then, but I would like to express my congratulations on your win of the "16th Ile-de-France International Piano Comp
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Learning a piece under a deadline, good results? by fnork @ Yesterday at 09:59 AM

Another aspect to the deadline-issue: If you're premiering a piece by a composer, it does happen that that composer does not manage to stick to the deadline, making YOUR time to study the piece more limited, if the premiere is near. Have seen that h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Staying in one position for too long - tension by Nahum @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

DeadPoets , try this exercise: press an octave C 1 - C 2 with first and fifth finger, hold down the keys; and start to swing the hand from left to right without touching the with elbow the body.Wrist must be completely flexible and non active.
Jump to new posts Re: Anything better than the Yamaha CLP-990 yet? by leafhound @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: pianelmoAnything better than the Yamaha CLP-990 yet? Yes.
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By: rungabicHi James -- I kind of figured that. But Miami is still a dump ;-) I think the issue is that there are no Kawai dealers near Miami. I think there is something north around Jupiter, but that's at least a 2-3 hour one way
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: J.D.Grandt Bass Strings Opinions Please by chernobieff @ Yesterday at 08:13 AM

Thank you guys, that works for me. I just filled out the form on his website. Appreciate the intel.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grigory Sokolov releases album by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 03:57 AM

I might want to pay his recital a visit as well but most likely in Eindhoven rather than Amsterdam.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos of Downton Abbey by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Almaviva Apparently the family is quite fond of an 1895 Steinway grand piano that is in the house. So maybe that is the grand piano seen in the drawing room picture. However, that piano was NOT the one used in the Season 4, Ep
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova CLP 585 by valle @ Yesterday at 03:07 AM

Hi, I wanted to make sure that I have understood corrently that the CLP-575/585 doesn't have a note by note voice tweaking? I mean the same type that e.g. the Roland HP-508 has, where you can adjust the brighness and other parameters (maybe even volu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nodame Cantabile by Edtek @ Yesterday at 01:40 AM

Drama Fever has the korean version but not all the episodes are up yet since it just started airing in Korea. Right now they only have the first 4 episodes. DF calls it "Tomorrow's Cantabile". It looks like YT has removed a lot of the Ja
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic Chiu - Oct. 30, Columbia University by Piano World @ 10/23/14 11:53 PM

Happy to do whatever we can to help Frederic. OK, so WHO IS playing the second piano? Wish we could be at the concert, we will do our best to attend. If not, I hope to catch up with you at another concert soon.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Excuses, so many, many excuses . .. . . by Jonathan Baker @ 10/23/14 11:45 PM

Hello John - A pertinent issue to this discussion is: what cancellation policies do we have, and do we enforce them? I have had various students cancel lessons in the past and I was not the least perturbed because I already made them pay at the b
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by argerichfan @ 10/23/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersLeschetizky doesn't have Liszt's stature as a composer, but maybe, too, Leschetizky is underrated because most performances and recordings are too uninspired and too much as written? That is certainly possible, t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: feux d'artifice by beet31425 @ 10/23/14 10:49 PM

I've never played the piece, but this weekend I'll get my father, who has, to give his opinions on the first three questions. -J
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rare 1875 Steinway concert grand by Rich Galassini @ 10/23/14 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich Galassini After that, it was really just painstaking care. Ang Li, a veteran performer who was in the Van Cliburn twice, really enjoyed the piano. I had a very short interview with her after her performance and, if I can f
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha UX vs WX
by goldmund
Today at 11:34 AM
Need help with chords
by Shirz
Today at 07:52 AM
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
Today at 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
Today at 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Who's Online
125 registered (ajames, accordeur, 36251, 0987654321, A Guy, 38 invisible), 1520 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76653 Members
42 Forums
158488 Topics
2327555 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission