Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hardman-Peck Baby Grand piano by Del @ Yesterday at 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: sopranojam85I had a very informative conversation with a friend of mine who works at a piano restoration shop. He explained that he's done one other Hardman-Peck, and that the bass side of the pinboard was thicker than the trebl
Jump to new posts Record and Playback to-and-from Disklavier DKC55? by dhilderbrand @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Is there a way to record what is being played from a Disklavier Mark III to a PC or iPad using the MIDI ports from the DKC55 control unit? I'm not looking to record using complex backing track or looping software. I'm just wanting to record what I'm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Palmpirate @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

So Wednesday14th to Wed 20th was a terrible week for piano. Big dinner here for CFMF , Big Wedding BBQ function,Big Phantom concert with 255 in audience....! Then our little truck got stolen Sunday night so lots of frantic RCMP activity Monday mornin
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai pianos - overloading headphones? by emenelton @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: dmdA while back, I was a member of a health club which was advertising that they were soon to be open 24 hours each day. I enquired at the main desk if I came at 2 in the morning ... if I would be able to get in (it was now noo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Considering a change by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

I can see why you like them, but personally I have a hard time with going to the student's home. With rehearsals scheduled in the evenings, my teaching time is rather limited and with traffic and just the time it takes to get from one lesson to anoth
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Summer Song" -- Brubeck/McPartland/Rowe by Damon @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

Good work, both times Andy!
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Friends will be friends (ask for sheets) by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

Very nicely done Lilia! As always, you bring these songs to life with your style!
Grim, dunno if you've done anything w/ this in the last 4 months, but it really isn't "like looking for a needle in a hay stack"--I have the same problem, but w/ the added issue that the amp output (both channels) has now died completely (i
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Agraffes by Stephen K @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Agraffes from a Pleyel upright, circa 1850
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by prout @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: CinnamonbearAnother couple to plunk into the archives. Two "versions" of the same "version." It's a transcription by Ellen Rowe of an interpretation by Marian McPartland of a piece by Dave Brubeck called, &
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pinky Hurts by Silver Keys @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By: earlofmarYour fingers have never done this sort of work before and they all need training. ... Consider strongly getting tuition, as the early days are so important to learn good habits and be supervised. +1 to this. It takes
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff op.23 no 5 by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: hreichgottOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: Paul BartonI deleted the video. Why are you deleting the video just because I don't like it? My opinion should not be very important to you. And if every Youtube
Jump to new posts Re: PianoTeq typical configuration at home/studio by Mike407 @ Yesterday at 10:26 AM

Got it. Thank you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Starting with a new teacher by bennevis @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoThe shaolin95 remark made me roll on the floor laughing.. My teacher looks like Santa, always a happy time when he comes. Of the three female teachers I had, the first was the most attractive (and she was only in her la
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Steinway M birth information. by ciftwood @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

It definitely is a decal, so I assume it's a New Yorker. Again, gracias.
Jump to new posts Re: RD800 Turbo Start Videos by Phlox @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

Great videos Jay !! Very nice to see how things work on the RD800 !!
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by nomadland @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

USER LOCATION:Amsterdam, NL MAKE:Studiologic MODEL:Numa Stage CONDITION:New PRICE PAID:835 Euro DELIVERY CHARGE:0 VENDOR LOCATION:Netherlands VENDOR NAME:Bax Shop PURCHASE DATE: June 2014
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: becoming a better composer- need input by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

I listened to a few of the clips and the full song. The first comment I'd make is that the clips don't do your pieces justice. The full song has a dramatic structure that doesn't have a chance to manifest in a 30 second clip. Your music is in the New
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

I have discussed this with my teacher as well. It turns out that I'm the only student who currently is beyond Faber Level 2. The 8-10 students that are more advanced than Level 2 are studying outside of a basic series so to speak. They are learnin
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Bill Evans - Bill Evans master class by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

hi K, what can I help you with? Dave Frank
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please,can you help me choose my new digital? by MandyD @ Yesterday at 06:43 AM

I can't help with either of those DP's sorry. I went for a Kawai KDP90 and I'm really really happy with it. The only problem I have with it is trying to work out how to record from it (but hopefully EnGee's advice will help there), but in all hones
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the term for this common musical structure? by wr @ Yesterday at 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By: jeffreyjonesI propose that instead of "sonata form," the idea is expressed simply by the word "sonata" itself.. the single-movement works of the 20th century notwithstanding, that is the normal pattern one ex
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Triana from Iberia? by wr @ Yesterday at 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Sean P Listening to Alicia de Larrocha demolish all their technical difficulties is a wonder, Yes, she was amazing. It is interesting to listen to her recordings while watching the score - it's a great lesson in how to work
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with Kawai ES7 by musicman100 @ Yesterday at 06:07 AM

Hi, I have done two recordings but they don't show the problem. However when I play them from the usb stick on the keyboard the problem happens. the Budio shows the notes around F3 http://www.4shared.com/music/nwTNoao5ce/Audio-000.html http://w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by barbaram @ Yesterday at 05:39 AM

Thanks for the report Monica, sounds truly amazing!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (Atrys, Anticlock, 30 invisible), 1183 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75890 Members
42 Forums
156826 Topics
2304332 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Molotov Cocktail Piano
by Robert W. Weber
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
20 inch tablet for sheet music?
by Sand Tiger
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission