Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
98 registered (Anne'sson, Alan F, Anita Potter, accordeur, 30 invisible), 1469 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
During the week, most of the time. Other times my wife gets the grand, and I play "cat catcher" as one of our cats tried to jump into my wife's arms while playing!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: That upweight/downweight ratio by Jon Page @ Today at 07:15 AM

Thinking in terms of ratios: 2/1, 5/2 is the wrong way to go about it. Think in terms of Balance Weight (BW) and Friction (F). (DW + UW)/2 = BW (DW - UW)/2 = F A touch weight of Downweight/Upweight = 50/20 would have a BW = 35 and F= 15. This is spe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Some keys are much louder than others in Yamaha nu1 by Alan_Dublin @ Today at 07:09 AM

Hi Spanishb, The store where I got my faulty NU1 suggested the problem was caused by swollen felts under the keys as mentioned above. This happens on acoustic pianos too and is caused by excessive moisture. I think the design of the NU1 ,being a com
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Honky Tonk Train by dire tonic @ Today at 06:16 AM

Nice! There's a complete library of licks in there - really well played!. Liked the false ending. I was trying to remember who it was from years ago - I think it was on a big band recording - who called for "one more one more time!..",
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ever write music? by Markarian @ Today at 05:32 AM

So, I feel compelled to weigh in here. I have been playing the piano since I was 9 and am mostly self-taught, but right around High School I got it in my head that I wasn't a real musician unless I was focused on writing my own material. Now that I a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach WTC: Good Editions? by DaveInJapan @ Today at 03:36 AM

Everyone, Your information, including the photo, has been a great help! I will suggest that my student get the Baerenreiter edition as a first choice. If that is not available here for some reason, I'll suggest that she look into getting the Henle
Pianist Corner
Both version overpedalled. First is too slow and the second is too fast. My preference is for neither.
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by peterws @ Today at 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuOriginally Posted By: TunelessFor me, all these annoyances will disappear when I start to use after market sound samples, probably Pianoteq. Don't be so sure about that... there are some rough notes in Pianoteq as well (p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oy oy oy by Tararex @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

All of my lessons feel like this because thanks to teacher I'm better at recognizing painful shortcomings. Add the reality that repairing problems takes a lot longer than recognizing them equals many distressing lessons. Yes, it hurts. But isn't
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's heart exhumed in secret. by Tararex @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: TararexWhat. Why? What answers are they looking for? Ugh. I read one of the articles. That's just nasty. Treating someone's long dead body part like some sort magically imbued totem is ghoulish and
Jump to new posts Re: Casio px-150 by Scott Hamlin @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: EddyaknowHey guys, around a year ago I was advised to buy the px-150 as a beginner piano. Now there is something that is bothering me.If I hit the key, no matter how hard or soft I play it sounds exactly the same only louder or
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Studio Piano Purchase - Opinions Please by MysteryMusic @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

I am in your area, and given the pianos you have auditioned, I think you have visited all four of the new piano dealers in the area. There are a few other smaller used piano stores, but, at least when I was looking, their inventory of pianos was bia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Booked a Trial Lesson by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Best wishes on your new teacher, Ohio Mark. What decided you on going with this particular teacher?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fairyland in Treble - duets by ChrisKeys @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Nikolas, I have no idea what other composer you are referring to in that third piece. But it's really nice! Thanks for posting it. Looking forward to the others as they "leak" out!
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by pv88 @ Yesterday at 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: VidOriginally Posted By: pv88Looks like the V-Piano and V-Grand are the ONLY digitals that give you the true fingers to sound response and connection due to the modeling and this is why it is the best digital in this regard. W
Pianist Corner
Depending what the problem is, something that may help a lot (but often doesn't apply) is to re-think your fingering. The fingerings given on sheet music are not sacred, they're what some editor found to work well. If your hands are different than
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Piano Design by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Thanks for that update Miguel. Keep on the good course! Which it sounds like you are ... Looking forward to hearing how it all works out for you. Itook me 18 months to get to the piano I ended up with. So, yes, I totally hear you about enjoying the p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is damaged finish relevant, musically? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprungOriginally Posted By: michaelhaGeez. How the heck did it get like that? Good question. A couple guesses: 1. Maybe somebody tried to "protect" the edge with some sort of rubber bumper material glued on.
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity and condensation by emenelton @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Of course if you've got a spare million in your dresser drawer: http://www.composites-manufacturing.com/features/14/20132/354/
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite flange screws by rysowers @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

Thanks John, I spoke with Renner about the washers, and was told that the washers were separate. They must have stopped using the swaged washer? Anyways, I ended up ordering them from Pianoforte Supply - they were considerably less $$ and look the
Jump to new posts Re: Inside out piano by Herr Weiss @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Very interesting piano!! I will peruse the photos, thank you. Thank God it's bolted to the wall! (my first thought) HW
Its a long process. Be sure to bring your water bottle!
Originally Posted By: Hakkicarey, this was very good as always. I am always impressed by your clean and thoughtful playing, be it a little piece like this or a major work. And your piano sounds great. Thank you Hakki. Of course - I can say the sam
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Humidity, again by Phil Greenough @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Markarian; I shall pose the question on the Digital forum. Phil
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn Piano Trio No. 1 by carey @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusIs this from the Liszt competition for young pianists? If so, how did you do? I especially liked the part at 4:35. He did well. You can go to the website and find out !!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hamelin plays Gershwin
by beet31425
41 minutes 8 seconds ago
Yamaha CP1 Vs CP4 Regardless of Price and weight :)
by Tylor
Today at 10:21 PM
Which part of the chord rests
by Anita Potter
Today at 10:08 PM
Yamaha P250
by Mind Flayer
Today at 09:59 PM
Baldwin Concertmaster tech needed
by daniokeeper
Today at 08:50 PM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159277 Topics
2339788 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission