Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
67 registered (Albunea, AndrewJCW, Al LaPorte, anamnesis, Bachus, armani, 20 invisible), 908 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with a reconditioned Bechstein grand by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:47 AM

It might be wise to take the time to find an independent technician to asses the piano for you. This way when the dealer tech comes you can better describe the symptoms of what is bothering you. Don't use piano tech talk to define what the problem is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you practice scales staccato? by lionus @ Yesterday at 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By bennevisStaccato scale playing (or any sort of staccato passagework) requires more control than legato, and is useful for building technique, which is why exam boards require scales to be played both legato & staccato. ver
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think of this all Russian program? by symphonicdance @ Yesterday at 07:28 AM

Time duration of 2nd half shorter than 1st half? If this is the case, perhaps add Balakirev, Medtner, Tchaikovsky, etc. In the 2nd to balance?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Una corda stop felt by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTIt is usually called a rest block and the felt is the rest felt. It needs to be quite firm. Thanks, good action cloth is rare and expensive, I have seen solutions using a thin cloth (not felt) , that where not t
Jump to new posts Re: Shanks & flanges -- Renner, Abel or Tokiwa? by Olek @ Yesterday at 05:46 AM

D'alerte resiliency of the shank is complement of the one of the hammer, and create not a 'feel' but a dynamic range. For instance we have a technician here that pretends giving a 'French tone' to say piano he works on. How? By pushing the immed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sabre Dance by raskdog @ Yesterday at 04:46 AM

Thanks for the suggestions and advice. Hopefully I will be able to present this as a recital piece someday.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A. Scriabin - Prelude B-major, op. 11 no. 11 by Veronika333 @ Yesterday at 02:03 AM

Thank you all for nice comments! Tim: I agree with you. Maybe I will use una corda for final passage I will try to make it softer! I was very nervous when I was playing it, so i'm not very satisfied with this recording, but I don't have chance to r
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Havian 30 by ebfunk @ Yesterday at 01:57 AM

Also curious if anyone has tried this Havian 30 yet.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I apologize in advance.... by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

tbh I didn't expect that punchline either......
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Omen - Disclosure ft.Sam Smith Piano Tutorial by Phuc Pham @ Yesterday at 12:17 AM

Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts original composition, opinion? by pianistforever238 @ Yesterday at 12:00 AM

Hello I recently started composing piano pieces and would like to get some feedback on my latest melody Any comment is apreciated ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBgi83pRH8
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingerprint Oil and such a thing as too clean? by backto_study_piano @ 07/28/15 10:50 PM

My Grotrian (and my previous Schimmel and YAMAHA) has plastic keys, which, over time show considerable wear. When my Grotrian arrived I noticed that the keys were perfectly smooth, and were almost too clean and shiny. But now, after 3 years, they h
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Plastic Keys by backto_study_piano @ 07/28/15 10:42 PM

showing 3yrs wear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Transcribing Music!! by Damon @ 07/28/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By Piano Master 757 I have a small problem with the very first chords. You have C Dm D#m Em, but it should be C F F# G.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ivan Moravec RIP by ClsscLib @ 07/28/15 10:06 PM

One of my very favorite pianists. Unfortunately I knew him only from recordings and never had a chance to see him play in person. But what wonderful recordings!
Jump to new posts Re: Best Portable Recording Interface For a DP ??? by Morodiene @ 07/28/15 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By Charles Cohen For anyone who suggests that I should "ride gain" during recording -- it's very difficult to do that on a Zoom H4 !!! LOL, try doing that while playing piano! Zoom does have an automatic levels settin
Piano Forum
MAN, that is all some FINE boogie woogie! Great Playing, guys! Great to see the music still alive.
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for finding customers? by That Guy @ 07/28/15 06:43 PM

I would suggest magnetic signs on your vehicle. A rolling billboard! A website is a must these days. There are places you can set one up for free.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: giving up method books by JohnSprung @ 07/28/15 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88... Her most recent directive in several things is that I need to push myself to go faster, and then I feel like I'm just cementing in screwing up because I play it wrong when I push myself faster, and then she say
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX350 vs Roland FP80 by TonyB @ 07/28/15 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By Scott HamlinLOLOLOLOL - I just went back and read all of the OP's post. It is pretty funny esp. when keyboard action is such a subjective subject. BTW - How does Coke compare to Pepsi? Well, Pepsi is a liquid to drink...
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ladysarahiiThanks! I admit I'm not very good at it yet, so I'll wait until I get more comfortable. And Andrew, I agree it is funny. I remember playing When The Saints Go Marching in and the guy on YouTube played it so fast! I was
Pianist Corner
I can definitely relate to a lot of the responses above, myself! I started way too late to get anywhere major, but still somehow convinced myself that I would somehow become at least a well respected pianist, perhaps even a college professor; this wa
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts original composition, opinion? by pianistforever238 @ 07/28/15 02:55 PM

Hello, I recently started composing piano pieces and i would like to get some feedback on the tempo, the melody the chords progression. Thanks for listening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBgi83pRH8&feature=youtu.be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann P212 Grand Piano by joe80 @ 07/28/15 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOriginally Posted By RAY930But who is the current owner of Brodmann? An Amercianan entrepeneur or Parsons at China? I believe current models have nothing to do with old 212 grand. This may help.... http://www.pianobuyer.c
FAQ - Piano Forum
This would be better posted in the piano forum, but it sounds to me like that piano requires more work. If you post it on the piano forum, and tell us what work was done to the piano regarding the reconditioning, and perhaps if you want to share, w
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX-560 User's Guide
by funkycornwall
07/30/15 06:13 AM
Opinion on Korg LP 380
by Meijilol
07/30/15 05:16 AM
Humans Need Not Apply
by Tunewerk
07/30/15 01:28 AM
Yamaha GH vs GHS keyboards
by damos3000
07/30/15 01:14 AM
Split-Treble Upright actions
by Adam Schaaf 58265
07/29/15 08:50 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,191 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,847 Topics
2,431,133 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission