Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
66 registered (augustm, alwatson, Al LaPorte, AndyP, 22 invisible), 1288 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm on Scarborough Fair and I'm experiencing a both hands challenge...I can play hands separate very easily, but together is much, much slower to learn. Usually a song is a certain degree of challenge for separate and together.
Adult Beginners Forum
For reasons I wouldn't be able to know, I've especially liked the pieces played by pianogirlnw Moonshine ajames torquenale underconstruction Valencia Vid Morodiene Chopinoholic ElaineAllegro’s reminded me of historic films. Probably not just the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I just been reading a bit about the Chinese piano industry. Their digitals appear to be previous generation stuff with dubious keyboards etc; they will produce stuff with any name for a distributer to advertise and sell under. I read particularly
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Was Rachmaninoff a spy? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 05:22 AM

Rach was part of the Russian aristocracy, and had to escape from the communists in December of 1917. He spent less than a year in Denmark, then moved to New York. Except for summers at his place in Switzerland from 32 to 39, he lived in the U.S.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Charge to Replace a Tuning Pin? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 05:07 AM

I too have had great success with CA treatment. One particular example springs to mind as a good example. An old upright piano had three tuning pins with the horrible metal sleeves, which someone had fitted some time ago. I always found them to be a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Dirk Maassen interview - The 8 Pianos Project by Pianodao @ Yesterday at 04:31 AM

Dirk Maassen has an interesting story... A hobby musician who posted his tracks on SoundCloud for fun, he developed a huge following with millions of streams online... Now he has an interesting new project, which he discusses in this interview: ht
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you teach arpeggios in inversions? by Albunea @ Yesterday at 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By Piano d'AmoreI am wondering... Piano d'Amore, I am a fan of a pianist with that same name. ("This Masquerade")
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help With Studio Monitors! by pwl @ Yesterday at 02:58 AM

A pair of the JBL LSR305's is $229 on Amazon right now (it's called a "pack of two"). Pretty close to your $200 budget, and worth the upcharge imo. Staying completely within your budget - Musician's Friend has the Tannoy Reveal 402's for $
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching scales, what method... by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By Piano d'AmoreI try to teach my students to be aware of which note the 4th finger plays, because, with the exception of "F" with the right hand and "B" with the left hand, the 4th finger plays only one note in
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank/Pat Martino Master Class in Philly 5/22 by Dfrankjazz @ 04/30/16 11:46 PM

YAY! Hopefully you don't live in Alaska
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Cliburn? by hreichgott @ 04/30/16 10:30 PM

Joel, are you ok?
Yes, it was definitely Rose Morris. Thank you all for suggesting other shops, when I'm in London again I will try go and visit them.
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage uprights really not worth rebuilding? by Blues beater @ 04/30/16 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI wonder if, in the seven years since the OP, he actually got a piano and restored it. Jeff, what you say is undoubtedly correct. The thing is most people don't want to spend more on something than it is worth. Most
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stories of special pianos by DiarmuidD @ 04/30/16 07:59 PM

The most special piano I ever played was a Pleyel that was owned by Chopin. It's in Hatchlands museum in England. I have to admit I got a bit wooosie and romantic playing it. The idea that Chopin himself both owned and played it was a bit overwhelmin
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Sorry for OT, Carey, but it does keep your topic active! Elgar never thought pianistically, though we can be grateful that 'Nimrod' works on piano. But just ask Siegfried Karg-Elert who was commissioned to transcribe Elgar's two symphonies for pian
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Earth is flat! by mischeli @ 04/30/16 06:13 PM

Earth is flat!
Piano Forum
Blüthner also fit silent systems. It puts the price up a lot though.
Jump to new posts Re: knucklehead? by f4tune81 @ 04/30/16 05:28 PM

Thanks Dale, I am going to do this on just 3 or 4 first and see if I can regulate these notes better with new knuckles, before buying a whole set.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By SwissMSHowever, I think with good instruction, hours of dedication, and the right attitude an adult student can become good - not elite class perhaps - but good. That is still a worthy goal.... Your comments give me perspective,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Turns by Eric399 @ 04/30/16 05:17 PM

Thank you, BruceD! I had never before heard of this piece. But it doesn't really sound like Beethoven at all, to my ears.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When to transition to learning a new piece? by PHC Joe @ 04/30/16 04:48 PM

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I've finally managed to memorize the one short piece I've been focused on for literally months now ("One More Hour" by Randy Newman) but it does not feel polished. I started to work on a piano trans
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by Robert Cunningham @ 04/30/16 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene So while music theory is not composition, it's a component of the process. Improvisation is another component of the process. Listening to other works is also a component. Or choosing notes by chance (rolling dice, wri
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Chickering S/N 109681 by houseofspiess @ 04/30/16 04:26 PM

Chickering S/N 109681
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Waterman Upright Grand by Seybold by jdkollitz @ 04/30/16 03:38 PM

I have a Waterman Upright Grand that's made by Seybold so I know it was made between 1903-1930 and I am just looking for more info on it. It's beautiful and has stayed in tune with itself even sitting outdoors under a shelter for almost ten years aft
Adult Beginners Forum
Back in the saddle! Been out of the game for the last few weeks due to a move, though I've been practicing regularly. Just had my first lesson with a new piano teacher and it went beautifully! So we'll be working on the Alfred's 2 lesson book, pick
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Vecsey/Cziffra La Valse Triste
by Michiyo-Fir
05/02/16 02:03 AM
Keyboard for a 100 year old
by doremi
05/02/16 01:40 AM
Was Chopin a Spy?
by Kenan
05/01/16 11:52 PM
Pianoteq 5 vs Roland SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling
by kristiank
05/01/16 09:56 PM
Backing Up ForScore Files to a PC?
by newbert
05/01/16 06:19 PM
Forum Stats
83,477 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,349 Topics
2,520,496 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission