Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
59 registered (AndrewJCW, Albunea, augustm, Bachus, Ashton M., 21 invisible), 933 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: October Piano Bar by Inlanding @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

Thanks, Ken. Glad you enjoyed the improvisations. Looking forward to your addition to the October Piano Bar!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Write musical scores on iPad (or Mac)? by Eric NYC @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Thanks very much for the suggestions!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 20 minutes by Incongruous @ Yesterday at 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseOriginally Posted By NikolasOriginally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseOuch ... all this congruity is killing me. Twenty minutes of it might occasion my early demise. Intermezzo, by Christos Anastassiou. Ot
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Knuckles are too loud by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

Replace or add yarn a la Reblitz? If replace, please give your quote including parts and regulation after.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My Favourite nocturne: Chopin Nocturne in C minor by tinyking12345 @ Yesterday at 09:58 AM

Was at purcell school... home schooled now
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By beet31425 Originally Posted By TimRIf the OP recorded an mp3 of that note and the one next to it to compare, we could at least hear what was out of tune and in what direction. Fortunately for me, although unfortunately for sc
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Roland HP508 Hissing by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By photo-pro-123Thanks for the reply everybody. I am getting a technician to come by and check it out--they suspect an amplifier issue. Also thank you Morodiene for the thread...very interesting and I wonder if it was ever resolve
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By debussychopinAh. The 'pastorale' sonata, I see. Unfortunately, that one is in the second volume Henle I believe . It is not in mine. I recall a student classmate playing the first movement of the Pastorale last semester it does s
Jump to new posts Re: CVP 85A - No sound - Buttons non-responsive by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 07:40 AM

I'd try the midi too. I find it pretty unlikely you could fix it, your best bet is the midi is unaffected and just use that.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Solo piano version of Charlie Parker's Confirmation by Mark Polishook @ Yesterday at 06:33 AM

Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spotlight on a pianist by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 06:24 AM

Thank you all for your informed opinions. They have been very helpful.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 04:38 AM

Hello Peter, yes, the CA97's headphone amp is perfectly capable of driving high impedance phones acceptably. Regarding the Phone Volume setting, I believe the default 'Normal' setting should be fine, but please feel free to experiment with the 'High
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: POP Recital, Sign Up Thread by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 04:12 AM

Sign Up List: The Beatles - Lady Madonna - Greener The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money - Greener Burt Bacharach - Close to You - Greener Elton John - Border Song - Greener Adams & Vallance - Summer of 69 - Richard (zrtf90) Paul McCartney -
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thierry Noir unique upright piano!! by Ch.Tsonias @ Yesterday at 03:15 AM

Thank you Dave!! This is not a seat, it is a unique Cajon and is very comfortable as a Cajon. I believe the shape is also good as a seat but need something soft where you seat.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: blues and country piano by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By rocket88Originally Posted By dire tonic For both ensemble R&R and solo blues piano, you play both hands at f (forte). Sometimes, but definitely not always. Certainly yes for Jerry Lee. However, with Blues piano, there is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is Beltman the name for the infamous Belarus piano? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 03:03 AM

Yeah, sometimes I search for "Baldwin" in musical instruments on Craigslist and eBay, it's a little surprising what comes up.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Technical difficulty - some thoughts by SiFi @ Yesterday at 02:53 AM

Oh, and how about that piano in #3? They all had a Steinway D there, but this Staeingraeber unit was like Desdemona to my Othello.
Pianist Corner
On what? BTW, are you also interested in the Musical Offering?
Jump to new posts Re: Weighted keys - Clavinova question by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 12:06 AM

Hi there, assuming you live quite centrally, I'd recommend paying a visit to the Kawai store in Omotesando to try the ES8 and CA17. Cheers, James x
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By SiFiEven with a couple of bars of extemporization at the end of one of the double-note sections?.... At times like that, feel free to fall back on how Chopin "never played anything the same way twi
Piano Forum
Sharing this in depth interview about how Disklavier was used to recording Distant Voices, and what that means for the world of piano recording. Joining Richard Epstein, host of "Sometimes Classical" is Frederic Chiu and Chris Gero, executi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Double trills in Beethoven 1 by hreichgott @ 10/08/15 10:11 PM

^ I think it is the trills in 2 hands at the same time in the 1st mvt. not double third trills.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1907 chickering grand by guyl @ 10/08/15 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By Craig HairI would love to see a picture of the action; I thought Chickering was all done with alternate actions by that time. Same here...
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pleyel Baby Grand 1960"s by Margy @ 10/08/15 09:21 PM

I found some information on the Pleyel Baby Grand. It says Dumontier and 2 numbers 175308 and 62918. Can anyone tell me if one of those is the model number and which one may be a serial number. Also do you know about Dumontier? Thanks, Margy
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Solo piano work "Beyond Icarus" by ScottM @ 10/08/15 08:56 PM

So glad you liked it! It took quite a lot of work. In case you're wondering, I have no hope of ever being able to play it myself.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do I balance everything out?
by Skylarking
10/10/15 03:19 AM
Electone and korg module SUSTAIN
by Pleumbluebeans
10/10/15 02:25 AM
Looking for Galt MacDermot piano sheets
by frysh
10/10/15 12:18 AM
Incredible Bosendorfer
by Cassia
10/09/15 10:31 PM
Piano teacher's nightmare
by Crystalcolors
10/09/15 08:24 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,993 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,420 Topics
2,453,632 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission