Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
141 registered (accordeur, anotherscott, ando, Aleksandre, andal, Alexander Borro, 36 invisible), 1304 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Time to see an Orchestra by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

After you get accustomed to live performances, here's the next step: http://sarah-willis.com/sarahsmusic/27-mittendrin-at-the-heart-of-the-orchestra/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

Good luck on your exams. I am jealous that you learn so quickly and could blast through one grade level a year. It seems it takes me at least two years to finish learning the materials for one grade level.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice shopping for first piano please by twocats @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

You fell in love with that piano and it's within your (max) budget. If you don't go for it, it will be the one that got away. But you should go check out that bubinga Schimmel as well, and if you also love that one, then your decision will be wheth
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Had to miss Monday 11/23 due to work obligations. For the past 2-1/2 weeks, our kitchen has been getting a complete makeover, with lots of dust, debris, and disorder. Long story short: The acoustic piano has been out of bounds for that period, and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trifonov joins board of the NY Philharmonic by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

clickable link: Trifonov joins the board interesting excerpt: "Daniil Trifonov joins Joshua Bell, Yefim Bronfman, and Itzhak Perlman as musicians on the Board with whom the New York Philharmonic has closely collaborated."
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B2 Key Overhang by Beans47 @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

I've just seen Michel Camilo perform this on youtube and he would hit the overhang. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkrkxg536o But saying that, his arrangement is different and I need to adjust me technique. Looking at it I think I tend to karate c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Three years Max's tunings grand piano "YAMAHA" by Maximillyan @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By Dave BYes Max, Much improved! Yamaha bass sections can be challenging; It pays to go over the bass section 2 or 3 times testing unisons and octaves. Good Work. Enjoy. Hi,Dave We enjoy the sound now! Thank you very much, your
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by luvrofkeys @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

Hi Megan, funny, your habit of trying to play a piece from start to finish when learning it is one of the very first things I'm telling myself not to get caught up trying to do! Its like I want to go from zero to sixty as soon as I start the car! lol
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "He Makes Music"--A Short Personal Story by gooddog @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

Hi Andy! It's good to "see" you! What a lovely story. Kids can be very direct with their criticism and their praise and you received the highest compliment. Congratulations!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 - defective or not? by IMOL @ Yesterday at 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By Peter_BGHello everybody! .....So did I do a mistake to send it back to the seller? Kind Regards, Peter Yes, I'm sorry to tell you ... a big mistake 1000,00 euro is really a great price
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a bit rough on the action? by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 05:47 AM

I've been using the David Love low profile Weikert felt interation from Ronsen for a few years. I get them as a blank as Ed describes, and bore and shape them to my needs. You can call Ray Negron on the phone and discuss any further specifics of fe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning music = Problems! by peterws @ Yesterday at 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By NickMSHey Up Peter! As a former pro player, do you have any tips we can use for getting a couple of hours of music memorised for a performance? Most tunes I consider to be here today and forgotten tomorrow, so I just learn th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One more question for piano shopping... by neciebugs @ Yesterday at 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By Dave BAn Estonia 190 offers more than enough sound to fill your space. IMHO Enjoy. We did try an new Estonia today 6'3" and 7'?"! :-) We enjoyed them, but moreso enjoyed a Baldwin L. IT's definitely a brand on our
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KCP90 OR CN35 :( by TonyBanks @ Yesterday at 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddKawai stage piano with killer ap and ep sounds and action. Under $1500US, around 30lbs with proper pro audio outs. The ES8 is pretty darn close to your wish. Price can get very close to your requirement with a ph
Jump to new posts Re: My First Synth! by FrankDaddy @ Yesterday at 12:44 AM

You guys have motivated me to get my Moog Micro Moog working again!!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-150 takes a beating... by T E Bekken @ Yesterday at 12:42 AM

Thanks for the nice comments! The action of the PX-150 (and the PX-350) is good as far as I'm concerned. The instruments have been on sale several places here in Norway it seems, due to the launch of the upgraded 160 and 360 PX models. The new PX-560
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: WM Knabe 1926 5'8 grand by manykeys @ 11/24/15 11:57 PM

Thank you all for replying and offering valuable advice. I am going to follow Seeker's advice and ask for a couple of bi-chord strings to be turned and see what the results offer. That said - after the second tuning - the piano is much better and I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Petrof 105 by nylonstring1 @ 11/24/15 10:16 PM

I have recently purchased a new to me Petrof 105 serial number 453264 in new condition. I had it checked with a technician who assured me that it was in great shape and I would love it......he was right. I had it tuned today and even though it is a
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A little improvisation by charleslang @ 11/24/15 09:38 PM

It's okay. The chord progressions are relatively simple and sound almost like quotations from a classical pieces. They also don't hang together as a whole, sounding more like a collection of phrases, largely due to not being bound together rhythmic
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Updated Mozart: Rondo Alla Turca by boogiewoogie123 @ 11/24/15 08:51 PM

Thank you so much for your reply hreichgott! To answer your question. My teacher was actually wondering the same thing! She said it would be easier for me to keep my hand close to the piano when play the faster stuff, but she also said that it seeme
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by ElmerJFudd @ 11/24/15 08:50 PM

Jump to new posts Re: New KCM-650 by Tressa @ 11/24/15 08:40 PM

Haha! Welll...yes. Nice catch! I will post pictures soon! I bought (or he bought) the polished ebony. It is so pretty!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1963 Baldwin Acrosonic Question by KurtZ @ 11/24/15 07:47 PM

150-150? I think with a stable block, it's easily $300 worth of piano. Well kept and service Acros have a nice balanced (NOT powerfull) sound. If Bassano is anything of a player though, he might find it doesn't have enough oomph when he wants i
VPC2, no bells and whistles but clean and minimalistic like VPC1 for those of us playing only piano, with the best action possible, and with an optional stand with integrated pedals (stable and same style as the digital pianos) and it will be my purc
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Choice of Piano for 8 Year Old Son by pianoMom2006 @ 11/24/15 05:10 PM

It sounds like your son is doing very well moving to level 2A in 9 months! My son is in level 3 but he's 9 and has been taking lessons for a little over 2 years. Do you have the space for a grand piano? Our first real piano was an acoustic upright
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all our members and guests from the U.S.!
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano concerto performance criticized for LACKING VISUAL STYLE
by Svenno
Today at 08:55 AM
Yamaha P115, USB midi connection, what can i do with it?
by mcguiks
Today at 08:40 AM
by Karl Watson
Today at 08:05 AM
buying a computer to put near digital piano
by krauster
Today at 07:07 AM
Beginner - Please Rank These Pieces In Order Of Difficulty
by Rich_B
Today at 03:38 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,558 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,579 Topics
2,469,801 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission