Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
131 registered (36251, Alexander Borro, 36 invisible), 1560 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: God Save the Queen by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftI also find it funny that Americans at a Renaissance fair are singing a British patriotic hymn from the eighteenth century, but with wrong lyrics. Well, our national anthem is just a set of our lyrics applied to a Bri
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel Scarbo!!! by Hakki @ Yesterday at 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By tinyking12345 how fast do my fingers need to be??? http://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/Composers%20A-D/Cooke,%20James%20Francis/Mastering_the_Scales_and_Arpeggios.pdf Page 51. 8 notes per 208 MM. Single hand. And both han
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What used grand piano would you buy with $16,000? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertQuote:Why limit yourself to used pianos. There are some very good rebuilds/refurbished and even some quality new grands in that price range. You're kidding. Imagine one would dare mention them.... Norbert All the
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: October 2015 Denver area piano group! by Colin Dunn @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

I just sent out the announcement on Meetup. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 24th!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Tuning Pin Art by Chris Storch @ Yesterday at 01:18 PM

Flower Sculpture Using Tuning Pins
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Modern Piano Improvisation by Ese150 @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

I've been practicing on my new style of music, and its pretty dark and gloomy (exactly as I like it) Hope you all enjoy as well!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: AKG K702/712 headphones by Chewbacca @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

I have also read plenty of times that Fiio headphone amps provide adequate power for the 702. Good thing is they don't come too expensive. I have the Alpen and it drives the 702 very well with no apparent distortion. Curious to hear on your final th
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you all! I'm truly enlightened and relieved! Can't believe I've been sitting in the worst seat all the time! Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By Dave BI like to get myself below the piano because I like the sound quality that c
Jump to new posts Korg Havian 30? by David Farley @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Whatever happened to the Korg Havian 30? The specs looked pretty good for the price and I remember people asking about it months ago. Has anybody tried it now that it's out?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Smurfette @ Yesterday at 12:00 PM

I missed the live streaming too, as I was at a cousin's wedding.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Can I learn for Now Without a Teacher or a Piano? by briangmoore @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

In addition to the other advice given (a lot of which is very good) I would say spend a lot of time listening to music, and while you do it, try to hone in on pieces that you might want to aspire to play as you begin to learn. If you listen carefull
Adult Beginners Forum
Finally I have my last batch of comments. What a pleasure this recital has been! 41. stumber / Dave - I Love Paris Love the contrast between the melancholy mood and the upbeat! 42. Valencia - A Garden in the Rain 43. Valencia - Tico-tico no fuba
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Pleyel Baby Grand 1960"s by Margy @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

My father bought a Pleyel Baby Grand Piano for my mother in the 1960's when we were living in Belgium. It looks like it is Rosewood in color. I am trying to find the model number and its value with no luck so far. I currently live in Colorado Spri
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upright Yamahas with mellow tone - YUS5 only? by Olek @ Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By Ivan M.Originally Posted By Olek... It goes with the accepted idea that U3 is TOO tall a 125 cm tall upright is the limit before the soundboard is too heavy (for having a nice tone in the 57 70 keys region) Plus, being tall, t
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano, ADVICE APPRECIATED! :) by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

Ok, so try ES7, maybe a best action than ES8 and FP80.
Jump to new posts Re: little help please - kawai CN34 vs CN25 by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 11:05 AM

Or try Kawai CN34, maybe best action than Roland HP504 or 506...
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Release Date / MP10 vs ES7 by Fer De Armas @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Hi, are you tried Kawai MP7?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli by Olek @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

As here we mostly have black shiny polyester pianos, clearly some have deeper black than others. When buffing them, it is also clear that some polyester are harder than other (plus polyester harden in time) Bechstein for instance, is known for b
Adult Beginners Forum
Glad it's proving useful, Carl. Keep us posted on progress - or any difficulties that might arise.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy action - how to make it lighter by Olek @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

We have 2 sides for geometry in grand action , the hammer center pin should allow the jack to be at 90° or a little less from the shank (so it depends of the hammer bore and strings height) 149 mm is considered a "good" hammer center heigh
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata No. 3 Op. 58 Finale by wr @ Yesterday at 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By trigalg693Originally Posted By wrOriginally Posted By trigalg693 It helps if you've done Chopin op.10 no.1 (and practiced the right hand part in the left hand). It's the same idea, maximum wrist rotation, mini "jumps"
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: buzzing hinge on upright by Olek @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By TheTunerThe problem is, that this hinge is about 150cm. No change to push out the core wire. I tapped on each side od the core wire, it made the whole thing better. I think about taking the whole hinge away and do a little bend
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin vs Sohmer by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

Hi, and welcome to Piano World! It sounds like you have two nice candidates to choose from, especially at that price. At $500 you've either got a diamond in the rough, or a PSO (piano shaped object ). I'd be more inclined to get the taller of the
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My Chickering by mungo @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

Hi Dan, Ya, I really feel like I got lucky with this one. And now, because of Guys signature, I can't stop thinking of it as my little snowflake ...it's unique, just like everyone else's Chickering.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: question on playing full songs by Rerun @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

Hey IA, to begin solving how to play it by ear I'd say you probably need to let your ears identify a few things, assuming you can already play one finger melody or sing it: 1. Is the tune 4/4, 3/4 or other. 2, What LH bass line rhythm patterns cou
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Write musical scores on iPad (or Mac)?
by Eric NYC
10/08/15 01:10 PM
Any reasons, other than cost, NOT to go for a hybrid?
by barbaram
10/08/15 11:23 AM
Are today's concert ppianists boring?
by Steve Chandler
10/08/15 10:45 AM
Site update
by mikka942
10/08/15 10:41 AM
Baldwin 243 - good buy for advanced pianist and student?
by Nicole_B
10/08/15 09:48 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,978 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,392 Topics
2,453,042 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission