Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Is it worth upgrading to a 7200 RPM hard disk? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 03:13 AM

I wonder what is the motivation to remove bloatware? You can let it be, like junk in your garage or basement. Or you can remove it, like the trash you leave at the curb every week. But unlike true junk, it's practically invisible. So it's not really
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Three-Part Invention by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 01:31 AM

Both are (almost) equally good. It really depends on what you're used to and what the other users you collaborate with work with... Not much else. Personally I prefer the Finale output, but I think that it's largely based on the music fonts, rather
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need advice on buying a Yamaha Disklavier by Lady @ Yesterday at 01:17 AM

I am finally taking the plunge and buying a Yamaha Disklavier. Still have to make my final choice, though, and that is where I am hoping to get some help. I have narrowed it down to two different models--one new, and one used--both from the same deal
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: July Piano Bar and techy question by Starr Keys @ Yesterday at 01:15 AM

I suspect my controller and Pianoteq software can do it, but I haven't used Midi much and, to be honest, haven't even figured out how to use the internal recorder with the Pianoteq software. You might want to post your query in the DP forum, where m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Performing Chopin's preludes by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 01:09 AM

As Chopin didn't say they had to be performed as a set, it's up to you. At any rate it is better that you perform a few well rather than the whole set and a couple in the set not so well.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 12:42 AM

"It's in good condition and is in tune."
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 12:03 AM

Well, FGBD has a certain sound that GBDF doesn't (when GB = FD). Try it. Also, I sometimes use "phasing" to determine if I have a pure 12th. Play Ab2F3C5 all together. Ab2F3 = Ab2C5 for a pure 12th. Ab2F3 beats. Ab2C5 beats. If they are
Jump to new posts Re: Roland sale finalized by dewster @ 07/23/14 11:40 PM

Woo hoo! With this shake-up and the newly focused management team, perhaps we'll finally get a music rest on the next Roland flagship stage DP! Though I'm guessing full sampling is probably still too much to ask for at this point. It is only 2014
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Another Improvisation by Polyphonist @ 07/23/14 11:27 PM

Jump to new posts Unusual Big Key Depth Yamaha Motif Xs7 by Ivan Jochner @ 07/23/14 10:55 PM

Hi guys, I bought recently Motif XS 7 and was surprised with amount of key depth it`s got. There is about 14 mm key depth when key is fully depressed to the bottom of the key bed. Is it quite normal for this model XS 7 to have such big 14 mm ke
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Alex1Thank you all for the many good answers. I don't fully understand all of them yet because I am a beginner, but they resolve my question. The piece is John Barry's Somewhere in Time: http://www.johnbarry.org.uk/sheetmusic/s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lorin Maazel (1930-2014) by ChopinAddict @ 07/23/14 09:47 PM

RIP, Maestro.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help!! by Derulux @ 07/23/14 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: wouter79Originally Posted By: DeruluxFirst, let me say that almost any tool, used properly, will help and not hinder your progress. (This includes Hanon.) Not. A bad tool will cause you damage. Bad screwdrives will kill your
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Liszt's letters to Jessie Laussot by Michael Sayers @ 07/23/14 07:59 PM

Hi Everyone, Maybe someone here knows something about these. They sound to be intriguing yet there doesn't seem to be a published email address with which to contact the author of the paper about them. The "message Mariateresa" link does
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mystery Alternate Ending to Rach's 2nd Concerto by Louis Podesta @ 07/23/14 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: doctor SI dunno...I played this once...with all the notes. Entremont sounds like he might have been running out of steam? It sounds like he's simply playing descending octaves in both hands: C B A GG E (?) (you wizard transc
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Hard Starting Intermediate by Mark Polishook @ 07/23/14 05:14 PM

Red Garland is enough to make anyone think twice! Hope you like the POP book ... sounds like you've got a lot of great energy. THAT's the important thing!
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Hey! I think I know this dude!
Would this work and would I be able to record with the iOS Garageband? Here is what I'm thinking. I already have the lightning to usb adapter: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=3a. This allows me to
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital piano has the heaviest keys? by Delphian2001 @ 07/23/14 04:37 PM

So to the DP experts here who have tried many portable/stage pianos, in your opinion, which brand/models have the heaviest action regardless of price?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schnabel the composer? by fnork @ 07/23/14 04:31 PM

Precisely my initial impression too! Schnabel understood Schoenberg's ideas as well as anybody else during those days, but he developed a very personal style out it. I have been marveling at his creative powers for quite a while now - the symphonies
Jump to new posts Re: Missing Pedal rods for Bramburg (1890-ish?) by SMHaley @ 07/23/14 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678 But it will cost me at least around $70-80 to move this thing. Wow, that's quite a deal for moving a grand. The cheapest it ever was from me was $200, but that wasn't Uncle Louie with his truck and trailer either.
Jump to new posts Re: sostenuto in player pianos by SMHaley @ 07/23/14 04:12 PM

I don't know if there were ever any out of the factory with a disc player installed, but all the ones I have seen were after market players installed by a small dealer while on the floor and the sostenutos were removed in those instances as well. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Four-note chord fingerings by Art_Vandelay @ 07/23/14 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: J.T.1986I know this is an old thread, but i found it and thought better than to start a new one . My teacher now has me practicing 4-note chords in all inversions, block and broken. the broken chords are fine, but the block cho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred Graduates by AndresD @ 07/23/14 02:43 PM

I finished book 1 and currently working on book 2, I still go back sometimes to practice somewhere over the rainbow
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude (this one isn't a joke) by carey @ 07/23/14 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusIt wasn't sarcasm. I know - I was just kidding. Thus the happy face.
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
69 registered (angga888, a-z0-9, AndrewJCW, BB Player, ando, 17 invisible), 1264 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156147 Topics
2293083 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mendelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 04:08 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 02:46 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 01:47 AM
Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear
by khopin
Today at 12:54 AM
How struts define pitch variation between tunings
by Bosendorff
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission