Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Music notation software on iPad by Nordomus @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

I wanted to ask you about music notation software on iPad. Today I bought Notion hearing all gold things about it but I'm dissapointed about the fact that it doesn't recognize sustain pedal while I play on digital piano. Is there another software whi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by panino @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: lolatu Any particular reason you used the Mellow Grand sound? That sound has an extremely short sustain, and that has nothing to do with the damper pedal. And of course, high notes naturally have a shorter sustain. Try with Conc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Original method for harmonic hearing development by keystring @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Quote:Let's not talk theoretically! Pick up a melodca (WITHOUT mouthpiece) and try to do it; and then compare the effect of singing with piano sound . Question: what will You do being in the park? I do not own a melodica, so I literally cannot do th
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Prepared piano by Emmery @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

There are some artists who will do interesting things with the piano outside of conventionally playing it, Chick Corea comes to mind. I had the opportunity to tune for him back in the late 80's when he performed in Toronto with a 4 string quartet.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stumbled across this today - Hiromi by pianolearnerstride @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Amazing player, and I really like the music she composes. She mixes up a lot of things... jazz, fusion, prog rock, classical.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by joflah @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Frédéric L About adapters, one problem is that many adapter are made to plug a keyboard to a PC (USB host), but adapters to plug a keyboard to a module (USB device) are more rare. The USB-to-MIDI adapter I have, and those I s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP-155C vs Hailun HG 161 by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Congratulations!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The brain has some pretty fixed maps... by barbaram @ Yesterday at 06:47 AM

One of my pieces for the Schumann recital I learned when I was about 15, and while I didn't feel as though I remembered it at all (music didn't look familiar or really even sound very familiar), I relearned it *much* faster than I would expect to lea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 06:21 AM

Great news. Enjoy your grand piano!
Jump to new posts Re: recording digital piano by johan d @ Yesterday at 05:00 AM

thx
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Mp7 advice / help by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: BansheeHowever it is described as an instructive step in the Japanese update instructions of firmware 1.05. Ah, well spotted. Cheers, James x
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn: Prelude and Fugue op. 35/1 by Ganddalf @ Yesterday at 02:55 AM

Thanks, Tobias for presenting this great music! It was really enjoyable to listen to your performance. Just curious about the gradual tempo increase in the fugue - is this indicated by the composer? Anyhow I found it quite effective. I also liked the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Heroic Polonaise help please... by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: ChopinLives81Originally Posted By: hreichgottWhat about using the printed fingering plus a circular movement of the hand? down/left when playing the thumb, right then up when playing the mordent (allowing the thumb to relax and
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by David Farley @ Yesterday at 12:07 AM

The only i-UX1 cable I see listed on Yamaha's site has a 30-pin adapter. I hope it works.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ack! My piano is diseased! by TwoSnowflakes @ 10/21/14 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: woodogLol, no criticism of you at all, just a friendly reminder that we are at war with the germs, and the germs will win. Forrest Well, let's home there's at least one of us left to play an elegie for the rest.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts 16 measures from end... false end? by piano_primo_1 @ 10/21/14 10:05 PM

Well I’m sixteen measures from the end of this and this appears to be and sound like a “false ending “. Sure does sound like one when played ... I thought the first one ever done was in the 60’s with “Monday Monday”. But maybe I’m wrong about that a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Janko keyboard video by musicpassion @ 10/21/14 09:40 PM

Interesting and I would think rather rare.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: RGibsonThe middle sections are the most difficult..... at least for me. This is so correct .. It's the full version, and the middle is fun. In the way dwarf fortress is fun. You have to play games (a lot) to understand the l
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN--RENNER ACTION? by JohnSprung @ 10/21/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: terminaldegreeThat new Pratt & Whitney high-bypass ratio turbofan action...it repeats 11,000 times faster than any other and can absorb a birdstrike. Perfect for Messiaen. Personally, I couldn't keep up with the 14 cyli
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - La Leggierezza by argerichfan @ 10/21/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael SayersNext time you can do it with the Leschetizky cadenza finale, probably the conductor, audience and critics won't have a clue what is happening . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKA7yPem6s Very interesting, I
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by Polyphonist @ 10/21/14 08:29 PM

Although I don't understand what's going on so far in this piece, I will continue in the four-voice idiom.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Hi Paul - I sanded the pressure bar with a palm sander, starting with 220 grit, and working my way up through 9 grits to 2500 - then coated it with shellac. For stripper we ordinarily use a brand called Jasco, sold by Lowes. For the soundboard we
Jump to new posts Re: Stage Piano with easy presets by Kawai James @ 10/21/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MatoI think I will have to try the MP7 and the RD-800 out it person (hopefully somewhere in London) and also try lifting them as well! I'd give Rose Morris in Denmark Street a call - they list the MP7 and RD-800 (among other m
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7: Damper controller - bug or feature? by Kawai James @ 10/21/14 07:49 PM

Okay, that's good to hear, thank you for your response. I do not know when the next public software update is scheduled for release, however I'll post an announcement on PW and the MP facebook page when it happens. Cheers, James x
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
YAMAHA U1E polished mahogany
by CYBERSPRITE
19 minutes 49 seconds ago
What did you play tonight?
by Johan B
23 minutes 3 seconds ago
Novice in love with Kawai and seeking advice!
by Ellisande
29 minutes 42 seconds ago
SF Symphony pianist at Steingraeber recital / reception
by master88er
Today at 03:31 PM
Ferdinand "???" Piano from Vienna?
by TheloniousPunk
Today at 02:20 PM
Who's Online
150 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, anamnesis, 36 invisible), 1579 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76631 Members
42 Forums
158446 Topics
2326886 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission