Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BECHSTEIN CONCERT 8 by rjc @ 04/15/14 07:10 PM

I have seen them online, but they are far,far too expensive,lol. I will be lucky if I get the Concert 8.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a digital piano action quieter? by Joe Garfield @ 04/15/14 06:28 PM

There are a few different things that lead to action noise. The Casios seem to be the most prone to suffering from many of them. My two inparticular (PX310, PX330) had a lot of noise from the deflection of the plastic case. It was quieted down with d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: blog by adultpianist @ 04/15/14 05:55 PM

Good stuff.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Pianoworld" Project 2 by Ritzycat @ 04/15/14 05:47 PM

I'll work on another! Why has this one gotten much less traction than the previous?
Adult Beginners Forum
I keep my nails short because: 1. I want to avoid injury. I've ripped off part of a nail by getting it stuck between the keys. 2. I want to avoid scratching my beautiful piano. 3. My nails are thin and brittle and will break as soon as they get the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Good Reason Not To Remove The Wheels? by Jean Claude @ 04/15/14 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive I recently bought something similar thinking, "why do I need wheels? I know where I'll put it, and I want more stability." So I threw the wheels away. No sooner had the garbage man come but I immediately r
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts German-Made Perzina Pianos at Perzina Factory by Grandman @ 04/15/14 05:07 PM

German-Made Perzina Pianos at Perzina Factory
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice from beginners by EM Deeka @ 04/15/14 05:06 PM

Also take look at the grading into Basic, Intermediate and Advanced at Online Pianist Website Check the leveling at irocku.com with the Sympathy For The Devil full song at Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Levels. This particular arrangement is
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Yamaha Advant Grand N1 owners by spanishbuddha @ 04/15/14 04:59 PM

Only reason I know, about the firmware, is a previous post here, which I think also mentions the damper problem you refer to. But I'll send you a PM later.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Born in Kharkov, Ukraine in 1877, Sergei Bortkiewicz studied with Liadov and Arek at the Imperial Conservatory in St. Petersburg and in Leipzig with Reisenauer. He toured Europe as a performing artist and also taught at the Klindworth-Scharwenka Cons
Member Recordings
Born in Kharkov, Ukraine in 1877, Sergei Bortkiewicz studied with Liadov and Arek at the Imperial Conservatory in St. Petersburg and in Leipzig with Reisenauer. He toured Europe as a performing artist and also taught at the Klindworth-Scharwenka Cons
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Sam STchaikovsky was not even in the top 25 composers in the index - until now. He has jumped all the way up to #6 with the addition of the 39 pieces from this recital. ABF Recital Index Sam 39 contributions is impressiv
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A few details in Liszt Sonata text by Liszt_BG @ 04/15/14 04:21 PM

Thanks for your replies, I just was in the urgent need to *KNOW* right away. It costs me nothing to decide how I want to play all those places, and I guess I just wanted to fulfill this need in the name of the deep textual research I've been doing fo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts An experimental piece by Polyphonist @ 04/15/14 04:12 PM

Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to play classical pieces like Chopin... by Stubbie @ 04/15/14 03:16 PM

Kaushal, your first priority should be to upgrade to a fully-weighted, 88-key piano--even before finding a teacher. Not many teachers will want to take on a student with a non-standard keyboard, for the reasons others have mentioned. If you are ser
Jump to new posts Re: RD-700nx vs RD-700gx vs RD-700sx What is better? by ItchyTastyRecords @ 04/15/14 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: spanishbuddhaRD800. Also, Thank you
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Treble string corrosion by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 04/15/14 03:11 PM

In my opinion, cleaning the strings will have no affect on tone. Much more important are: Tuning accuracy. Tuner's concept of unison tone. Tuner's concept of stretching compound octaves and fifths. False beats Hammer mating Voicing Keep going.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: PolyphonistNow it says Box has removed the file, so we're just getting the blue question mark. I removed the file that David saw completely from Boxnet. I have no idea what the original file was called and it's a post from a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ 04/15/14 02:52 PM

The dept. of irony report: I just got a call from the recreation director at my gig Sunday, and I got rave reviews Reminds me of the time a band I put together was so bad, according to the owner, that we didn't even get our free meal. But that was t
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Arrangement & Cover by myself :) by SunnyFriday @ 04/15/14 01:12 PM

I like both your arrangement and your playing, very much. Thanks for posting this.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Live Performance LX/Steinway Acquisition by Minnesota Marty @ 04/15/14 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: sophialRick, I think the OP is an independent installer, not a representative of Steinway.... Yea, and trying to sell his product and services.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thing in A minor by Polyphonist @ 04/15/14 12:35 PM

Fanfare sounds good; the problem is the middle section with the running scales, which is totally different.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Max have question about his clip by Maximillyan @ 04/15/14 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: briansaddlebackWhy do you keep referring to yourself in the third person ? no problem in the third person about Max. Important thing in this forum Piano Technicians Guild (PTG) deliberately don't given understood public on th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Upright vs Steinway 1098 by Norbert @ 04/15/14 11:57 AM

Quote:Everyone, always prefers something, over everything. It's the nature of asking for advice. $ 5000? It's easy to get a sense of "preference" when pianos can actually be compared side-by-side. Let's say a 20-30 years old somethin
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq and Reverb . . by dmd @ 04/15/14 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: stamkorgSorry, it is not black but back Ok, I will have to try it.
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (Atrys, antony, accordeur, Arizona Sage, Almaviva, 34 invisible), 1386 Guests and 47 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153514 Topics
2249596 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Morning Mist: a ballade for piano
by JoelW
04/17/14 12:27 AM
Insanity
by Polyphonist
04/16/14 11:55 PM
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
04/16/14 11:52 PM
Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover
by SAO
04/16/14 11:12 PM
Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!!
by ShiroKuro
04/16/14 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission