Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
I can't view the video (new macbook pro)? I made a thread about the problem http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2321466.html#Post2321466
Help Wanted / Positions Wanted (Employment)
Jump to new posts osx embedded youtube 'plugin is needed'? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 09:04 AM

I'm getting this message Quote: A plugin is needed to display this content. Install plugin... since I have a new macbook pro. If I try to install the plugin by clicking on the 'Install plugin...' I get Quote: Conclusion No suitable plugins wer
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paying to be a vendor by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:43 AM

They had an event and the producer of the event paid for the grand tuning, which hadn't been tuned since the piano was new 5 years ago. I made some inquiries as to who is responsible for the piano, and met with dead ends, then I found the vendor app
I agree with tone "bending" but the limit is soon attained, I think we cannot consider, despite the "simplicity" of the Western harmony, that only 3 notes are enough to play, and can be voiced differently. They always will b
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: bigunRE the Yamaha C - it's a quality piano. It'll be interesting to see if you like the sound or not. My advise is simply don't write it off a list because of someone else's description of the sound. Sound is hard enough to
Jump to new posts Re: Use Audacity to SEE, HEAR, and MEASURE beats. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 06:21 AM

Thanks Chris. Could you clarify what you meant by "more exactness"?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My Kawai love conundrum - help! CA65 or ES7? by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: gbitw@Marko - Where did you buy your ES7 from? That is a great price! Wonderful Kawai dealer in Salem, NH. Ask for John, the owner. Great guy! http://www.londonderrypiano.com/
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do in this situation? by Lester Burnham @ Yesterday at 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: lolatuI would take my business elsewhere if it's going to be cost-neutral, but I'm not going to pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege of "teaching them a lesson". Who knows, their aft
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: If you don't think Liszt is awesome... by sandalholme @ Yesterday at 04:42 AM

Didn't Brahms and Chopin compose for the piano after 1840, to name but 2 composers who I rate higher than Liszt. Again, personal taste.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Might play in hotel lounges/bars!! by Pover @ Yesterday at 04:18 AM

Hey guys! I'm going to copy and paste a new thread I've started on the pianists forum. I thought it was a good idea to also put it here since most of you will probably have more experience with this kind of thing. Before you read on, please remember
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 02:43 AM

Well, AliAlkhiro, you sound dedicated Welcome to MOYD
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by TX-Bluebonnet @ Yesterday at 01:36 AM

I did mostly review today, going over previous material from the Alfred's book, starting at the beginning. I'm also continuing to work on exercises from the various books I have. The C scale is coming along slowly.
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTOriginally Posted By: EmmeryHave you tried to record the beats with something like Audacity in order to tag it with an accurate beat rate? Could you explain? What do you mean by "tagging"? I've be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1988 Mason and Hamlin upright by chazin @ Yesterday at 12:49 AM

Well--it made me laugh! Guess if I manage to get this piano, I should iron it and then it will be back to a 50 again!
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on Roland F130R by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: StarboardI don't think lolatu is being at all hostile in his posts; I appreciate his desire to cut to the specific and the relevant technicality of a subject (his Grand Feel key clinic thread is one of this forum's most fascinat
Originally Posted By: Digital PianoMorodiene (and Ben), this may not be a 'review' site, but I see plenty of people voicing their opinions on specific pianos and making recommendations. I do not see anything wrong with that. When I was shopping for
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball spinet neoprene lifter nuts by Bob @ 08/28/14 11:33 PM

It's the kind of job where pulling the action, tightening screws, filing hammers, cleaning under keys, aligning hammers, and regulating makes sense while you replace the grommets. In that case, it's more than 2 hours.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's your typing speed? by Mike407 @ 08/28/14 11:29 PM

120 wpm for me but I just keep hitting abcdefgabcdefgabc... So, knowing a kid is much better at tech stuff, I asked a neighbors kid to help me calculate my real speed. After googling "typewriter", he just laughed and went home. Brat!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Rubinstein Etude crazy chords by phantomFive @ 08/28/14 11:03 PM

Opening chords from Rubinstein etude 2
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MY NEW PIANO by Annitenth @ 08/28/14 09:34 PM

Beautiful piano. I know you'll enjoy it. I had a Kawai for 26 or so years and it gave me much pleasure.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 08/28/14 09:32 PM

Lucas Brookins Tuning a Kawai Grand
Jump to new posts Re: Trying out Pianoteq and Have Sound Card Question by Charles Cohen @ 08/28/14 09:18 PM

Vista -- as I remember -- was an _awful_ O/S. Windows 7, though, was stable (it didn't crash often) and seemed to run every program I threw at it. I was _very_ happy with it. I am running Windows 8 with a Windows 7 interface -- ClassicShell -- wh
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova CVP-83s Parts needed by SMHaley @ 08/28/14 08:44 PM

If we had the power to delete we probably would.
i thought the quality was good. what sound interface did u buy? I use a Focusrite pro24. I've mixed and produced music for a while. Don't just get something to boost your bass... it takes good plugins, pro monitoring and some training to do it R
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
136 registered (A Guy, accordeur, *windowlicker*, 36251, 41 invisible), 1257 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76007 Members
42 Forums
157167 Topics
2308294 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Stravinsky - Valse pour les enfants
by Peter071
08/30/14 06:05 PM
Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch.
by TwoSnowflakes
08/30/14 05:24 PM
What's the value of my piano?
by Athos
08/30/14 04:51 PM
Portable keyboard stand for Kawai ES7
by gbitw
08/30/14 04:24 PM
Recital Piece to go with Fur Elise
by eccp19
08/30/14 03:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission