Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
144 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, Albert Brighten, ajames, AndrewJCW, 37 invisible), 1711 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano World @ Yesterday at 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By Piano Girl RMG I am learning the Downton Abbey theme for future wedding gigs. What fun, although the 2 against 3 rhythm figure is kicking my butt. That piece moves along at a good tempo, too. I may look like Mrs. Patmore before
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin op.2 by dolce sfogato @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

La ci darem variations, var.nr.5, Adagio, fourth chord, left hand only, followed by same chord right hand descending arpeggio: chord is either Bb-Db-E-Gb or Bb-Db-E-G, in several editions it varies, in most (no, all) recordings I hear the diminished
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Age limits Conservatories by dolce sfogato @ Yesterday at 05:19 PM

In Amsterdam they wouldn't mind, only: you should enter a video before the end of this month, via mail or youtube-links, that is the shifting-procedure, after that you'll be invited for an audition or not...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Me + Rachmaninoff Etude Tableau on my teacher's blog by quodlibet @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By INBostonOnly 4 years? That means I have hope if I practice Right now it just seems an unattainable goal seeing that I cannot seem to get through the Chopin A minor waltz without stopping, missing notes, and generally screwing u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Satie Gymnopedie Wierdness by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By ajamesOriginally Posted By PianoStudent88I count 16 Preludes in C in the ABF Recital. A very nice number :-) . There's another one listed under "Bach Prelude No 1.." <- that's Earlofmar's, don't want to leave him
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
John, I totally agree with you. That's why the title of my original post refers to '... without a regular expert tune...' and not to '... without an expert tune...' Although I find regulation not that difficult. But I have to admit that I read a lot
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Daniel Richter @ Yesterday at 03:47 PM

definitely when I can I will review it. Thanks for the tip.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The best thing I've learned on Piano World.... by agraffe @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

I learned about Hutchins & Rea sheet music store in Atlanta: What a wonderful resource! IMSLP is more comprehensive, and free, but one has to use copies from the printer. Also, I discovered the value of coming in physical contact with the keybo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mission to play Beethoven's Hammerklavier by preludetr @ Yesterday at 01:35 PM

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Seems like the consensus is that it should be learned ASAP. Even though I know my technique is not good enough to play it at speed, it's probably not too early to start working through the notes.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Pianomarvel by poc @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

I am new to this form but I have been using PM since September '15. I really enjoy my practice sessions on PM. I am nearly done with level 3. I won't move on to a new level until I score 96 or better( gold piano). I took a couple weeks off lessons
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: From now on.... by Ken Knapp @ Yesterday at 12:40 PM

Hmmm.. Norbert has a right to respond to ANYONE he wishes to respond to. Or not. Piano World does NOT require the use of a person's full name. The reason for this has nothing to do with respecting privacy or anyone's rights. It is totally to do wit
Jump to new posts Re: Deciding between CA67 (maybe CA97) and HP605 by Harrystrueman @ Yesterday at 11:44 AM

Quote:[/quote]Yes, you will notice the improvement, but it is IMHO not essential unless you are really gifted and already advanced, that Casio keybed you own isn't half bad, that isn't to say that I noticed the improvements on the higher models but n
Jump to new posts Re: Buying piano from Amazon reliable? by FELT @ Yesterday at 11:40 AM

Quote from PBE store: Price: $1575 SGD | Includes 1 Kawai original sustain pedal. One year standard local warranty by Kawai Singapore. From Amazon: Kawai ES100 Kawai F350 Pedal Kawai HML-1 Stand 3 for around $1200 SGD *does not include delivery and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $17,800 for a 2000 Estonia L190... Too much?? by Toddler2 @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Hi Dre, When you have time, I hope you'll update us on your follow up findings. Todd
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Help with First Piano Purchase by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By JerseyJustinI definitely learned the hard way about saying my budget up front! They all showed me pianos within a few hundred dollars of $10k! To get the most piano you can afford, you usually wind up paying all that you
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on getting a good deal for a DP in the UK by barbaram @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

I'm hoping to buy in the next few months, and my planned approach is: * do my research, and know the best price I could get online * do my testing in real stores, I can't possibly decide without lots of test driving * negotiate with the real store(s)
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano in cabinet/upright appearance by Tone Deaf @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

For what is it worth: Posted on Kijiji in Ontario on Jan. 25/16; asking $1900 Cdn for a Kawai CA51, black-brown colour, that was purchased new in 2012. So the asking of $800 US for an Ebony finished CA51 seems to me to be reasonable. I would make an
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: sheet music gymnopedie by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

I used the Schirmer performance edition as they edited it slightly to make the left hand chords easier to read. The Alfred is truer to the manuscript, which has those chords split between the two staffs.
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Piano-related concerts you may attend? by Palmpirate @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

The Vancouver Chopin Society presents Denes Varjon - Denes Varjon at Vancouver Playhouse (02/12/2016, 7:30 pm PST) Anyone going? Programme HAYDN Sonata in E minor, Hob.XVI:34 SCHUMANN Fantasy in C major, Op. 17 Intermission JANACEK On an overgr
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory II Concert D settings for Classical sound by NormB @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

Propianist: I am struck by how closely most of your settings are to the ones I have evolved. FYI I most often also use either HD600 or HD650, but sometimes speakers. There are a few notable exceptions, and I thought I'd ask about them: Program/Sy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Fine Wurlitzer by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLOriginally Posted By Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted By Steve CohenI've been in the business for over 50 years and never heard of this. Gee. I only LOOK like I have been in the business for 50 years. I've been in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Zsolt Bognár playing free concert in Cleveland Feb. 7 by Hank Drake @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Zsolt Bognar will play a free recital at the Cleveland Museum of Art's Gartner Auditorium this Sunday at 2pm. The program will include: Schubert: Impromptu in A-flat major, D. 935, No. 2 Three Klavierstücke, D. 946 Greig: Lyric Pieces, selection.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Synchronizing Dip, Aftertouch and Blow by Craig Miller RPT @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

I forgot to mention that if you do this on a number of keys throughout the action, you will see how the blow needs to be varied in different sections to accomodate a uniform dip and aftertouch.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: learning tools suggestion by TonyB @ Yesterday at 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By johan dmaybe something for you https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sqr5.android.audioplayer Thanks for the URL, however as mentioned in my OP, I already have: www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html I have u
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67, noisy C keys by tabber @ Yesterday at 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By TomasB @tabber For sound levels <3 I can hear the disturbing noises from "clicking" keys, while the current keys are OK. As a Kawai CA-97 owner, may I kindly ask you to test the key sounds if an acoustic part of the
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering Question
by Johnny D
Today at 04:28 PM
Remembering Paul Bley
by Nahum
Today at 04:20 PM
Piano Scores/Sheet Music on Kindle?
by newbert
Today at 03:51 PM
Anyone heard this term?
by kpembrook
Today at 03:07 PM
Please help with new piano purchase
by BethRose
Today at 02:54 PM
Forum Stats
82,484 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,283 Topics
2,492,496 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission