Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
159 registered (alfredo capurso, ajames, Almaviva, accordeur, augustm, 33 invisible), 1723 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By piano_primo_1But what's your no 1?His B Minor Sonata! It's an absolute masterpiece and the crowning glory of the genre. I studied harmony at university and read some afterwards but I learnt the rest here on the ABF, participatin
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Aristocrat of the Slums (2012 recording) by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

This recording of it on the Schimmel upright at Västerhaninge kyrka perhaps is too slow, yet somehow it does need to be expressed in a way that is more gritty and more emotionally grinding than back in 2008. Maybe with a grand piano's longer sustai
Jump to new posts Aristocrat of the Slums (2008 recording) by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 08:13 AM

This is a little music diary type composition. The images are a homage to the great chess player Wilhelm Steinitz who, despite his tremendous and profound vision, spent his entire life in poverty and died in tragic and unbefitting circumstances in
Jump to new posts Re: Beauty & Hope in the 21st Century No. 8 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 08:09 AM

That was wonderful to hear. Keep up the momentum of what you are doing with E.M.F . . . It is a bit funny to see "Beauty & Hope in the 21st Century" on the same page as "Preludio Funebre". A more extreme contrast would be d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: WONDERFUL BOOK for understanding piano music, Bach and by frankdavid @ Yesterday at 06:48 AM

Yes,TheHappyPianoMuse, good point: the exercise BACH book looks like the Analyzed BACH book. Good you checked, but also fine, that they are still both out there today. I will explain how I have worked with my students for a year: We use both books
Pianist Corner
Indeed, it's very likely that the lid was removed, not a big deal.
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts IMA Enharmonia: top level Masterclass and Competition by imaenharmonia @ Yesterday at 05:53 AM

International Music Academy Enharmonia has the goal of promoting high level musical education by offering top level piano masterclasses and a competition. This year from 21 to 27 September 2015 in Marbella (Andalusia, Spain), the second edition of
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha DP stuck keys by Paolo70 @ Yesterday at 04:20 AM

Hi Dwscamel, The issue you describe might also be caused by the breaking of a small part of the keys (a sort of small wing on the side of the key, that can only be seen by removing the key). If that is the case, you will need to replace the keys. R
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice about Gutting Baldwin Piano by ando @ Yesterday at 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By yoerez 2. As for the price, this Baldwin piano was already 10-15 years old when I bought it and not in the best shape, the keys just don't have proper bounce back and several piano tuners I had here said that there's really nothi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 03:32 AM

Peter071 - Learning piano can certainly have its ups and downs. it is a difficult journey! I will place you back on the wagon today, and hopefully things will go better for you.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Technique Masterclass by Medden @ Yesterday at 03:13 AM

Thanks for the links, I will certainly check those out.
Jump to new posts Franz Liszt's Consolation No. 4 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

The images are of Gustaf Vasa kyrka. I considered the much more plain and less ornate Adolf Frederiks kyrka - which is where Diderot was first buried and also which has the grave of assassinated Sweden prime minister Olof Palme - and may use photos
Jump to new posts Edvard Grieg's Arietta Op. 12 No.1 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:48 AM

This was played on the slow side and with the fermatas/phrasing at the end fully applied. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r682APIlW3U
Jump to new posts Homage to Bach by Michael Sayers by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:26 AM

This is a little piece I wrote way back in 1989. Not much to it, really. It is just a two pager. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqzZO_9VMs
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: too funny . . . by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By ChopinAddictWhat about the Mona Lisa? Very funny. In addition, and as I am sure you know, Mona Lisa is a self portrait of sorts.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts chopin nocturne op 32 no 2 as chopin intended by Batuhan @ 03/29/15 11:56 PM

with proper rubato and pedalling as chopin intended
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Playing Etude Nouvelle by Batuhan @ 03/29/15 11:50 PM

after 1 month of study
Jump to new posts Alkan "Zorcico" Improved Recording by Orange Soda King @ 03/29/15 11:41 PM

I posted the audio from my box account in the other thread, but I then decided to make a YouTube video out of it and couldn't edit the post... So here's a new thread. Improved audio quality, improved piano, and improved playing. This recording is aud
Jump to new posts Re: Paul Schoenfield: Cafe Music for Violin, Cello, and Piano by Orange Soda King @ 03/29/15 11:11 PM

Pretty hard piece, too. But quite rewarding/fun. Great job!! I have the score to it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys Support Sight by blues flat 7 @ 03/29/15 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By Rachel JHi folks! I have been anxiously awaiting the edited files from the film maker. She had some personal stuff happen, and was delayed in doing the work. It just so happens I heard from her last night, and she is planning to
Jump to new posts Re: Casio & Technics by Dan Clark @ 03/29/15 10:26 PM

JEB, I know nothing about the old Technics. However, my first digital piano is was a Casio PX-850. It doesn't have a lot of fancy features, but the sound is quite good and the keyboard is very good for a sub-$1,000 DP. (I got mine for just under
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 sound issues by Abby Pianoman @ 03/29/15 10:02 PM

Thanks again and best regards to you too Savante. Sorry, I had dozed off a bit. We changed to Summer Time today. Moved the clocks one hour forward. My internal clock is a bit out of whack.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: open-ended questions: weight of 7 footers by Norbert @ 03/29/15 09:56 PM

Quote:I think she's saying the wood laminates with lots of glue add weight. Ever lift the lid on a piano with a laminated vs solid lid? It's huge different on larger pianos. We have an unnamed European concert grand with a lid so heavy, I think I'm g
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Performance Grade Upright search by Benn @ 03/29/15 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By AmirHello folks: I am delighted to welcome a Schimmel Konzert 125 (49") into my home, after a lengthy search that brought me to dealers in 5 states, from Philadelphia to Boston, and parts in between.: Rich Galassini a
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Orange Soda KingI meant that I didn't know the pianist that was originally supposed to play was Petri, yes it ended up being D.M. conducting and playing. Oops, sorry, misunderstood. Were you able to listen to DM playing the Pro
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Problem with evenness in scales
by CowNorris
39 minutes 41 seconds ago
For when you've had it with music theory....
by JohnSprung
Today at 04:10 PM
Chopin's op ph Nocturne 20 C#min, bar 15 triplets
by beechcraft409
Today at 02:41 PM
creaking sound from damper pedal mechanism...
by Entheo
Today at 02:09 PM
portable speakers used with silent system - something wrong
by casinitaly
Today at 01:52 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,719 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,886 Topics
2,390,831 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission