Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (A Cerulean State, accordeur, 36251, 40 invisible), 1719 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ligeti, Etude 13 by gooddog @ 09/01/15 10:45 PM

After listening to Greg Anderson play Etude #13 I liked it so much I purchased the score. Sadly, it is out of my reach - quite literally. I cannot reach a 10th and there are many of them. Rolling them just doesn't sound right.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano storage by Chewbacca @ 09/01/15 10:30 PM

Thanks for sharing this. It ties in with my feeling that if humidity and temperature are stable, storing the piano should not be an issue. Now whether the storage facilities can be trusted 100% to achieve that is another story... I live in NYC where
Adult Beginners Forum
Nice to see everyone progressing so well! I've been doing other piano stuff but I still mumble through the Christmas song once or twice a day so hopefully it's getting there. I've learnt Minuet in G the past few days which will be my first real class
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks for the feedback. Nahum: When I got to the line 17 I got stuck and at the time I posted a question here. What I ended up doing and is working fine and improving my skills a lot is to hold that Bb on the right hand and play all the rest with t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By dogpersonOriginally Posted By ClsscLibOriginally Posted By debussychopinPianist Magazine is a well-made magazine , publication. Well worth the price to buy one or subscribe. Hard to find one at my nearest bookstore hardly ever on
Adult Beginners Forum
No, silly as it sounds, emotion does not have much connection with my music these days, either as a creative stimulus or as a reaction while playing or listening. It did fifty years ago, but seems to have been slowly replaced by an objective percepti
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: ES-7 vs CN25 by Kawai James @ 09/01/15 07:25 PM

Hello Venividivici, Originally Posted By VenividiviciIs there any reason to consider the ES7 over CN25 - If you all you want is good piano sounds and feel of the keys? Portability and feautres are rather moot. If you do not require portability or t
Jump to new posts Re: Leaning Towards a Kawai ES8 by Kawai James @ 09/01/15 07:16 PM

Cheers Pete - that's a good deal!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity driving me bonkers by JimF @ 09/01/15 06:39 PM

Thanks Monica. I tried the reinstall, but it still didn't work...same problem. It took a while, but I found a question about the same problem in one of the Audacity forums...turns out it was a problem with the temp files the program creates when yo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a piano teacher? by Morodiene @ 09/01/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By pe2DaveThanks Morodiene. Yes, I believe I'd have no problem answering those questions. I'd guess they're likely a teacher would ask me. Point taken re adults vs youngsters. I'd have to make that clear when asking. Retired,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne op 9 No 1, bar # 23 notation question by briandang @ 09/01/15 04:56 PM

Hi Jim, As always thank you for your kind advice. I have to admit I didn't spend the time to learn through the music theory material. I bought the whole course work of Alfred piano books to teach my little girl when she was 6, and after we finished
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in C# Minor by AjLongsPiano @ 09/01/15 04:45 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments. This was my first serious composition so it definitely lacks mature craftsmanship. I think half the reason it sounds awkward is because of the way I performed it. Obviously some of the problems are from a composi
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Weird little prelude by JoelW @ 09/01/15 04:28 PM

Nothing.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Grandpianoman @ 09/01/15 04:18 PM

Isaac, thanks for the clarification. Ron, I re-tuned the bass to make sure my tuning by ear was as best as it could be. I did the next section Isaac, using the center string as you suggested, but I did not have time to do the rest of the piano. I
Jump to new posts Roland PHA 50 keybed by Bachus @ 09/01/15 03:56 PM

The new Roland LX-17 has a new keybed, the PHA 50... How does it compare to the PHA-4? ( the one in the RD 800 ). Did anyone get a hands on chance with this beatifull new Roland Piano?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The beauty of simplicity: Chopin Nocturne No.1, Op.9 No.1 by Orange Soda King @ 09/01/15 03:52 PM

I think you have a very beautiful sound and conception of this piece. I tend to agree with pianoloverus, and while you are right that there are many, many ways to play a piece, the rubato in the beginning was a little extreme to my taste. Of course,
Jump to new posts Re: My Yamaha YDP S51 -> And you ? by CaptainMusic1961 @ 09/01/15 03:44 PM

Hello Kyfran54, I too have the YDPs51. This is my first Digital piano as well. I'm totally enjoying it. I occasionally use the other voices, but the main Grand Piano is the one I use primarily. As I've mentioned in other comments, I've tried diff
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA17 vs CA67 by Markarian @ 09/01/15 03:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the CA17 does not have the same action that the CA67 does, which represents the state of the art in Kawai's digital actions.
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fascinating Discussion of the History of ET.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
09/03/15 11:42 AM
Fascinating review of the history of Equal Temperament
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
09/03/15 11:20 AM
Bad to visually memorize chords?
by Fatih
09/03/15 06:58 AM
Showing signs of...
by johan d
09/03/15 06:35 AM
Help with KAWAI CE-7N
by dominic70s
09/03/15 02:54 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,611 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,648 Topics
2,441,669 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission