Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
138 registered (36251, Alexander Borro, ALEXANDER DYKER, ajames, 38 invisible), 1540 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't laminated soudboards... by malchik @ 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ando I have a beautiful cedar top classical guitar. It's a very warm sound compared to spruce. I certainly prefer it to spruce tops on classicals. Not sure if cedar could be used in a piano. To my ear cedar guitars have a mo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2:1 Octaves in the high treble by rxd @ 4 minutes 40 seconds ago

Please, you organists, read exactly what I wrote. I am well aware of all the points you are attempting to make. the mammoth Victorian organs here, have been in ET and kept that way since the decision was made to use ET when they were built. They st
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tuned a 1968 Cable Nelson Spinet by Paul678 @ 27 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: UnrightToonerPaul: It is nice to have the hammers hit all the strings, but when there are even moderate string marks on the hammer it is often best to leave things as they are. If you reposition the hammer, the note will stick
Jump to new posts Re: Coming around the backstretch... by Chris Storch @ 28 minutes 41 seconds ago

I had a couple of nutcrackers help me tune a nutcracker piano yesterday. Tuning pins had received CA glue treatment from a prior tech. Had to break the glue bond on just about every single tuning pin. It made a loud snapping noise just like a nutcr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Video available from "How It's Made" by Kieran Wells @ 29 minutes 44 seconds ago

Nice video. I would suggest a CDN. Rebuilding does seem to take 'forever' sometimes, especially the finishing. Like Rich, the biggest problem we have is keeping instruments to show. I guess it is kind of a good problem to have, but it makes it tou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Ragdoll @ 33 minutes 11 seconds ago

My AOTW is just a great lesson yesterday. Once again, making music and learning are FUN for a change. Got a pass on the current lesson piece and have nearly finished group one (12 studies) of the technique studies. She said she's pleased to see that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Fast scale and trills in Chopin Nocturne op.62-1 in B major by ppianist @ 34 minutes 17 seconds ago

Hello this is my first post on the forum. I have a problem on B major scale which ascend and descent bar 26. And a problem on melody trills from bar 67-75. How should I practice them? Thank you
Jump to new posts Re: Advantages of tuning A4 = 442 Hz by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 54 minutes 23 seconds ago

The problem created by tuning to a slightly higher pitch for those who can sense a difference is that over time as they get used to the higher pitch-they loose the sensation of brilliance. Then they want you to "take them higher". It is lik
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Norbert Whats' the discussion getting at? Failing to see the point. Norbert Norbert, You mentioned having over 100 pianos on your desk. Earlier you had mentioned a variety of 9" concert grands available today. If t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Unimpressed with Yamaha N1 by bnolsen @ Today at 10:34 AM

Even if you got the name wrong it's hard to mistake it for anyone else's. And yes I agree about upright actions being wanting compared to a grand piano. Short key sticks, short fulcrum, lack of speed of repetition, feeling the hammer pullback mecha
Jump to new posts Re: First tuning for a client! by Jbyron @ Today at 10:25 AM

PeterGriffin, how did your first tuning for a client go?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Kenny Barron and Dave Holland by jjo @ Today at 10:13 AM

A great new duo CD from these two giants entitled the Art of Conversation came out this year. If you like piano/bass duets, this is magnificent. The whole CD is on Spotify, and here are two cuts from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3b9tvh
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: A new clip of Don Pullen in action by jjo @ Today at 10:11 AM

I disagree. Don't jump to the 5:00 minute mark because the damn solo is fantastic!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learn a Song in 7 minutes: Carol of the Bells by Hugh Sung @ Today at 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Cobra1365I love that song and am planning on learning. But, I always start singing "givea givea givea Garmin!" Damn commercials! That's hilarious! I never saw that commercial...but then again, I don't watch TV :
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Tastings Ep. 6: The Cunningham Composer by Michael Sayers @ Today at 09:57 AM

It is hard to imagine a more efficient way to make demo recordings for producers. It is much better than recording for a long time and having to take notes - no pun intended - and then having to go sort out a massive file.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of taking piano lessons again by Stubbie @ Today at 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88After a two year hiatus, I'm thinking of taking piano lessons again. What ideas might you have for me, either to bring up with my prospective teacher, or to think about in advance, or for while I'm taking the less
Originally Posted By: Bill Bremmer RPTWhat gets me is that every time I mention muting strips, three or four guys pipe in an say that they USED to use them but now they don't as if they were analogous to training wheels on a bicycle. In other words,
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai by leafhound @ Today at 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: daz100I will be testing the ca95 to get an idea what the expressiveness from playing the ppp -fff is like It's not actually the keyboard action that determines a desired ppp-fff, it's the samples that are used. That's why you w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Stubbie @ Today at 09:26 AM

Sam's boots were made for walkin' Appalachian Trail, they said So that's just what they did Now play your piano again.* Congrats! * Apologies to Nancy Sinatra
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do YOU count? (when practicing) by hreichgott @ Today at 09:21 AM

I've always found keeping a beat/pulse to be more easy and natural. Kids can be taught this by clapping along with a recording, with teacher clapping too, then kid practices clapping a steady beat while teacher plays, then clapping a steady beat whil
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesI would be an enthusiastic listener at any time. I would like to be a participant probably for May if it has to be 8-10 minutes of music. If I could play, say, something shorter that I'm already working on, (suc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Lesson Myths" by malkin @ Today at 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: SwarthOriginally Posted By: malkinYour post reminds me of the "emergency" phone call I got from school when my 5th grade-ballet dancing daughter was in the principal's office because she had kicked a boy in the head!
Jump to new posts Re: First time digital piano buyer needs help by bnolsen @ Today at 08:36 AM

sadly my experience is somewhat like yours. pushy nosy sales folks. one piano store here (the main certified yamaha dealer) someone sits up front and tries very hard to shove a clipboard in your hand for you to fill out with a bunch of information.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Have you ever felt dissapointed in a gig/practice session? by Giancarlo Robles @ Today at 08:28 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. I think it was just a bad day for all of us. We had another rehearsal yesterday night and it went much better. Everyone was more focused and mistakes rarely happened. I did mention to them to keep playing even if th
Jump to new posts Re: Remedy for "Jumping" strings when tuning? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: freelifeOriginally Posted By: Jon PageYou can apply a small amount of Protek or Goose Juice liquids to the bearing points to aid rendering. Thanks Jon. I don't know Goose Juice, but I was told Protek was not a good idea becau
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fast scale and trills in Chopin Nocturne op.62-1 in B major
by ppianist
29 minutes 38 seconds ago
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland
by jjo
Today at 10:13 AM
Coming around the backstretch...
by RonTuner
Today at 09:11 AM
A new clip of Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Learn a Song in 7 minutes: Carol of the Bells
by Hugh Sung
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Forum Stats
77340 Members
42 Forums
159950 Topics
2349045 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission