Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles. by A443 @ 1 minute 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mark R.Originally Posted By: beethoven986If you decrease the knuckle diameter, you will increase the action ratio I've thought about this statement since you posted it, and I admit that I cannot understand it. It was a simple m
Jump to new posts Re: What's up with Paulello? by jim ialeggio @ 4 minutes 40 seconds ago

no...just tried a different computer...still no good ji
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Stability by pinkfloydhomer @ 17 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GadzarOriginally Posted By: pinkfloydhomerYes. This environment is my living room and not temperature or humidity controlled at all. And in fact, there is an open kitchen and a bathroom not to far away generating humidity and wi
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by Doritos Flavoured @ 18 minutes 48 seconds ago

Hey, have I ever introduced myself? Ricardo here, 40 years, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'm an eternal piano intermediate despite my long love history with the piano: one of my earliest music-related memories is getting to my grandma's piano and pu
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by prout @ 19 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SMHaleyOriginally Posted By: A443 You'll also hear the different unison options available. Option a.) Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa Option b.) Meeeeeeeeeoooooooooowwwwwww. Option c.) In tune! Option C (in tune) has a very wide ran
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 black key noise? by rungabic @ 20 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: lophiomysConsidering that the Kawai MP11 is advertised as a top of the line product (approx. EUR 2000, USD 3000) and that the defect is documented beyond every doubt, I wounder why Kawai / Sweetwater representatives are still
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flashcards and improved score reading by TimR @ 24 minutes 3 seconds ago

One of my daughters told me a street sign was wrong. Really? Yeah, it's ALL CAPS. Why is that wrong? She explained that the brain doesn't just see letters and convert them. There is additional information including the shape. All Caps signs are
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I can only Trill well on good grand pianos.... by pianoloverus @ 25 minutes 30 seconds ago

I don't think it's possible for us to tell whether your trilling difficulty on uprights is only the fault of the upright or partially a technical problem on your part. It's possible that someone with better trilling technique could execute the trills
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by BrianDX @ 26 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TX-BluebonnetTo anyone, The pedal down-up markings are confusing to me because the beginning and ending brackets line up with the note stem instead of after or before the note. I understand I want to capture that first note, but
Here's the most efficient procedure I've been able to find using the Verituner on a piano for the first time. On repeat visits, I used a saved file and start from A0 for the overpull pass. Fire up machine, name the file and choose Koval average and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Measuring Humidity? by Rickster @ 43 minutes 31 seconds ago

Hi Mac, I honestly think you are splitting hairs... but that is not unusual for us perfectionists. A good digital hygrometer is not expensive, if it would make you feel better. But a Bacharach sling-psychrometer is among the most accurate instrum
Jump to new posts EFX on the Kawai MP6 by Lania @ 59 minutes 59 seconds ago

I use my MP6 as a multi-timbral sound generator. It sounds great! I really enjoy this keyboard. All reverb type are realistic; the depth can be adjusted on all the 16 MIDI channels. But apparently the EFX are not available when "Multi" is
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts New Single: Wind (Piano Song) by Darkreach @ Today at 07:32 AM

My new self-composed song! I have not composed for a while ..busy with stuff xD Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ9_5WuJWdw
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Dipabrsm starting as an adult? by Franz Beebert @ Today at 07:06 AM

So chopin_r_us, you started from scratch at the age of 20 and you now play pieces at DipAbrsm level, teach piano professionally and have a diploma? If so, I think that is very inspiring!
Jump to new posts Re: DH Baldwin - a few technical questions by Jon Page @ Today at 07:05 AM

If you're good with woodworking, you can install a dutchman to straighten the key. I've done it several times using old key stock as the insert. Other than that, steaming and bending may help or simply sand the side of the key for clearance. The pia
Thanks for tabulating all those settings so clearly. Mine was on several bits of handwritten paper, which have long disappeared into the ether..... I must admit that I don't play around with changing the settings anymore - I just use one setting al
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding Schafer and Sons VS52 by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:32 AM

I know from the serial number that your piano was made by Samick in Korea. I suggest having a local piano technician stop by, examine the piano, give you a good idea of its present condition and improve it for you. Many technicians may also have a
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by peterws @ Today at 06:29 AM

"I bought it specifically for better action (and pedals), not samples. The DGX630 offered far more samples, BTW. And a much better harpsichord... but the sound engine is far behind..." Must admit to missing the old sound engine. Had a cha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings by Rich Galassini @ Today at 06:28 AM

Good answers so far. As others have already stated it is not the piece. One thought - we are assuming it was treble strings that broke, which is most likely. However, there was a local performance in the Philly area of the Busoni Piano Concerto. Th
Jump to new posts Re: Is Bondfix just as good as Hotstuff CA glue? by Paul678 @ Today at 05:22 AM

Thanks, Beethoven. The Bondfix is even cheaper...has anyone here used it?
Jump to new posts Re: Who invented the Compression Soundboard? by Olek @ Today at 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: chernobieffQuote:Whether or not this is the best way to build a piano soundboard system remains debatable. ddf Del, How many systems are there, and which do you believe are in contention? 4 basic ways. Panels glued flat or
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What books do you use for teaching beginners? by AZNpiano @ Today at 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: ArghhhDoes anyone use the Succeeding at the Piano series? I have. Alfred Premier is better, though.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Darrell Fandrich is Well by musicpassion @ Today at 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: RicksterThat may be true, Ed, but I don't see a problem posting that info here on the piano forum as well. That's just my .02. Glad Darrell is better and he can still work to some extent... Rick +1 Thanks for posting it here
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 52" Samick by musicpassion @ Today at 03:51 AM

I would generally expect the Yamaha to be the better piano, but play them both. Condition is extremely important of course. Samick varies quite a lot -- I don't know if it's just by year or...? Some are nice, and some not so much.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Piano Pro - Hot Tips and Mini Lessons by Pete the bean @ Today at 03:33 AM

Here is Installment #1 Tiny Dancer Basic arrangement. This lesson is on the verse section of the song. Step 1: For copyright reasons, I will not be posting the lead sheet in my lessons. To participate purchase a legal copy of Tiny Dancer lead sheet
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
EFX on the Kawai MP6
by Lania
59 minutes 16 seconds ago
New Single: Wind (Piano Song)
by Darkreach
59 minutes 32 seconds ago
Measuring Humidity?
by pianomise
Today at 07:29 AM
DH Baldwin - a few technical questions
by Jamie_from_Canada
Today at 06:20 AM
I can only Trill well on good grand pianos....
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Who's Online
107 registered (anotherscott, aesop, Al LaPorte, Abby Pianoman, 36251, 31 invisible), 1202 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157704 Topics
2316437 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission