Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
80 registered (alwatson, ando, Bellicapelli, Beemer, 36251, 17 invisible), 967 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Brand new piano modelling VST plugin - Pianoteq rival??? by propianist @ 12 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By loginTo me Arturia is clearly more interested in expanding their instrument portfolio so their bundle seems like good value. They have abondoned any hope of competing instrument vs instrument as they have been left behind in thei
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proper Recital Attire? by Charles Cohen @ 14 minutes 31 seconds ago

Why not ask the person organizing the recital? He/she should know what other performers have been wearing. My chorus just switched from "concert dress" (tuxedo / formal shirt / formal pants) to "black shirt, no tie, black pants"
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Johnkie @ 16 minutes 6 seconds ago

With the pedal rod disconnected and the action in situ, slide you hand down to the damper lift arm and check there is a little movement slack before the dampers start to lift. If there is slack and all the dampers start to lift more or less at the sa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keep making the same mistake by Charles Cohen @ 17 minutes 45 seconds ago

Another vote for "slow down, until you can play it correctly! And then speed up _gradually_." And one more technique: Take two small bowls, and put them on (or next to) the piano. Put 5 beans (for amateurs) or 10 beans (for professional
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Spring Rail? by Johnkie @ 35 minutes 17 seconds ago

It's nothing to do with dampers themselves .... it's merely that the hammer return springs are attached to the damper slap rail for convenience.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Theme with variations" recital - information and status by Ganddalf @ 48 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Cheeto717In the Member Recording Forum interest has been sparked for a possible Spanish/Latin America e-cital. Any interest in that? For me to participate in such an e-cital, I'll need some help picking a piece that is doable f
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade piano stand by Beemer @ 49 minutes 6 seconds ago

Are you going to fit a music stand? Ian
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for the most realistic DP in market by Fer De Armas @ 51 minutes 28 seconds ago

Hi Bachus, in another posts you said that you liked MP7 key action a bit more over the RD800... please could you share your new feelings with us?, and why? Thks... Cheers!.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts new original song Hypnotized by Nikos Driehuis @ Today at 06:19 AM

Hi everybody, what do you think of my newly written piano song? It's called Hypnotized and I intend to use it for my band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRiKeMnB4I&feature=share
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Asking parent to take notes? by keystring @ Today at 06:07 AM

About copyright, a lawyer once told me that law is all about "reasonableness". I once came up with an idea, as a student, of making multiple copies of a piece I was working on, and on each copy I would mark a different aspect. This was vi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 15ma = 2 octaves?! by f3r @ Today at 05:52 AM

16va doesn't make sense, it's not even written right. I think it is wrong and should not be used (I've never seen it before). 15ma stands for quindicesima which means fifteenth. From C to C two octaves below or above count the first C as 1. You will
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft 275 Half pedaling by oldmancoyote @ Today at 05:49 AM

No, it's not "a normal behaviour in comparison with a real piano". This said, real (acoustic) pianos vary in that respect and some (usually cheap and/or badly regulated ones, or ones with dampers that have hard, worn-out felt pads) may well
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 vs. Roland V-Piano by oldmancoyote @ Today at 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By sirosI didn't know this forum is for sharing feelings and tastes. I thought forums, in general, are for exchanging knowledge and experience, sharing news, discussing topic members share interest in. If I want to express my person
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect Pitch"? by Ed Sutton @ Today at 05:00 AM

Bill, I seem to recall you said your student Lucas set pitch perfectly on the tuning exam. Do you mean he set A4 to 440.000....Hz? If so, how did you measure his result to an infinite series of zeros past the decimal? Or do you mean he got zero poin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help me select a Grand Piano, please! by oldmancoyote @ Today at 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By BeauxhommeWell, in the end I purchased a larger piano than anticipated (at 6'1")He he. Sounds like a familiar story. Congratulations, and may you enjoy it for a long time to come!
Gee, I wonder if the dealer or Kawai has touch-up paint for any nicks, scratches etc that invariably unfortunately come from moving it around a lot, or like people's belt buckles as they slither by, those notorious guitar necks etc in close-quarter s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Pathetique by justarobert @ Today at 04:18 AM

One of the many merits of pieces for the left hand alone is that they force the pianist to learn to manage extreme balance problems.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by JoBert @ Today at 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By Gers76Just out of interest, how much difference does the Soundboard speaker system make? The CA97's soundboard speaker system certainly does improve the overall playing experience, giving the inst
Jump to new posts Re: How much time do u spend practising ? by Celdor @ Today at 04:05 AM

~ 2 hours for technical exercises including sight reading and 1 hour for pieces dedicated for for an exam. The rest is for me I try to keep limit for exercises, excluding things I like to play at maximal 3 hours. I don't think I can benefit anythin
Jump to new posts Re: What is the lifespan of a DP? by Hendrik42 @ Today at 03:14 AM

A friend has a Kawai CS series DP (not a board, furniture with nice polish etc.) and has had that for 15 years. It got hurt the most when moving (using friends, not professional movers). It still works. He is now looking at buying a new one because a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Why music, when you can improv? by BruceD @ Today at 02:37 AM

"Music", i.e. the composed music of the great composers, and even the not-so-great-but-good, (if that's what you mean) has form, structure and direction. Your improvisations do not seem to have any discernable such elements. To me, they a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by BruceD @ Today at 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By Schazti011Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure what other details you need to know about the Yamaha C3. I thought that, and the year gives most of the needed info, but that just shows my lack of knowledge. What other questions sho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kids of non-musical parents by Gary D. @ Today at 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose But as Heather says, daily piano practice needs to be part of the basic expected routine for a child. No different than school homework, and perhaps more enjoyable. You can help or encourage, but threats are a lousy
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai & Onkyo CS-X1 collaboration prototype DP by Kawai James @ Today at 01:49 AM

Okay, just to tie-up any loose ends regarding the CS-X1 collaboration prototype, here are some responses to your comments and queries. Originally Posted By Marko in BostonDo the blue lights on top have a purpose such as a spectrum analyzer of sorts?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group: Autumn Leaves, ATTYA, etc. by johan d @ Today at 01:45 AM

Just an 'up' for this great thread.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Damper Spring Rail?
by Beemer
05/26/16 05:39 AM
Proper Recital Attire?
by MacMorrighan
05/25/16 11:36 PM
15ma = 2 octaves?!
by MacMorrighan
05/25/16 11:14 PM
Beethoven Pathetique
by Mad House
05/25/16 11:09 PM
Beethoven Pathetique
by Mad House
05/25/16 09:33 PM
Forum Stats
83,760 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,935 Topics
2,527,822 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission