Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
133 registered (alans, 36251, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1816 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best interpreter for Brahms? by Dave B @ 2 minutes 45 seconds ago

Louis, I don't think anybody has ignored you recommendation of Carl Friedberg's playing. I apologize for not responding. I was off onto other threads by the time I got through his long playlist. Thanks for the post. His playing is phenomenal!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are the pros for strip muting? by Tim Sullivan @ 5 minutes 33 seconds ago

The only pro is that you can tweak easily. It's my experience that tuning unisons as you go is more stable. Strip muting is probably necessary for beginners though. It would be really difficult to learn to tune a temperament without one.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is your favorite piano concerto? by argerichfan @ 5 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bennevisMozart is the father (& mother ) of the piano concerto. No contest. In some respects, no subsequent concertos have ever matched what he gave us, Beethoven certainly knew that. The passage 19 measures before the
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CL35 key repair (Advanced Hammer Action IV) by Kawai James @ 10 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Marcos DanielJames, a couple of month ago I've been to Buenos Aires and talked with Kawai's distributor here in Argentina, I forgot to ask if they could get me parts, but the guy told me that they were trying to be authorized to
Jump to new posts Re: Stevie Wonder at NAMM by Kawai James @ 12 minutes 25 seconds ago

Very cool, and a great shot with Mike! I wonder if he was playing one of Dave's tweaked EP patches? Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ 13 minutes 36 seconds ago

Good morning Alan, I address your concerns about the v1.10 software update in the following post of the 'Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update' thread: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2378100/Re:_Kawai_MP11/MP7_v1.10_softw.html
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 predictions? by Kawai James @ 16 minutes 23 seconds ago

These predictions were on the money. Originally Posted By: kapellii bet for something new in pianos from kawai...Maybe the new CA series Originally Posted By: Chewbacca...it would be great to see Kawai adding Shigeru EX samples on their DPs (alon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Pricing by Retsacnal @ 20 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: phackeHello, hoodon- I am pretty sure I saw one of that model, rosewood and all, with some modifications done over the years on CL in my area. It couldn't sell for $5K, but finally went when the price was reduced to around $2.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11/MP7 v1.10 software update by Kawai James @ 24 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: voxpopsI'm not James, but I'll try to answer your question. No doubt KJ will correct any misinformation when he returns. Thank you! Also, good point about returning to a previous version of the firmware. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A nice thought by Retsacnal @ 29 minutes 43 seconds ago

I could see it in one of crazy Ludwig's castles, or a couple of Las Vegas abodes. Maybe even a wedding chapel.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Starting to learn Liszt Hun.Rhapsody no.12 and Rach's 39/6. by Polyphonist @ 33 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusPolyphonist's comments are very often arrogant and rude in the extreme. Don't you ever get tired of using the exact same words to describe every co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long to take formal lessons? by Sam S @ 42 minutes 36 seconds ago

I had to go back and look up in my email to see how long I've been taking lessons. I started Nov 2010, after a 30+ year hiatus. So I'm in my fifth year of lessons. I struggled on my own for a couple of years before I started the lessons. At this poi
Jump to new posts Re: So is it safe to say there's no Kawai es8 coming? by Marko in Boston @ Today at 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai James, however the sound quality of the ES7 speaker system is superior to that of the ES6. x I must admit that the ES7 has the best on-board speakers to date. I have played the Roland FP-80 many times. It has a very de
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by TonyB @ Today at 07:01 PM

I think that y9ur first instrument is probably your main instrument and whatever else you learn can help broaden your musical vocabulary and ability to express yourself, but that first instrument is always the main "goto" instrument. I hav
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by jotur @ Today at 06:54 PM

I've gotten an hour and a half in today, and expect to get some more in later. Work really is lightening up and it helps. Like several here (SwissMS in particular) I play in short 15-30-45 minute sessions several times a day. That's one of the reaso
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Aeolian M&H BB by pianoloverus @ Today at 06:50 PM

I think it is almost always a mistake for someone to buy a piano with the intention of having it rebuilt. Find a rebuilt piano you like that's already rebuilt so you know what you're getting. Maybe the only exception IMO would be if you must have a
Jump to new posts Re: The new VAX MIDI Keyboard Controller by dewster @ Today at 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: anotherscottThen you might fit three or four of the modules into a small wheeled case suitable for carry-on luggage or gigging via public transit, that kind of thing, where it wouldn't take you an unreasonable amount of time to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Schirmer Piano Company by Steve617 @ Today at 06:26 PM

Im a new player and recently just bought a used 61 key keyboard, So im just learning. So Im not in a big hurry in buying a piano but if I find a good deal I may take advantage of it. Just notice locally a Schirmer Upright. Made in new york. The condi
Jump to new posts Re: CHAS for Dummies by Kent Swafford @ Today at 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: alfredo capurso Hi Kent, When you say "..equal-beating checks are not associated with equal temperament..", I do not know whether you mean in theory or in practice. Perhaps it is that "..are not associated with.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Bogányi piano with carbon-fibre soundboard by bennevis @ Today at 06:03 PM

Here is the BBC's take on this revolutionary piano: www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0505jhm (from 20:20) ....which includes a rave review by a jazz pianist ("...feels very organic...a very beautiful experience.....very expressive, very enjoyable to
Thank you, Volusiano. The Prices can vary widely from dealer to dealer. Buyers beware: regardless of the piano/model, if you're buying from a piano dealer always keep in mind that the MSRP's are deliberately inflated.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The one piece you play that others like best by Svenno @ Today at 05:27 PM

"Please, pleease play the Revolutionary!!! It's so awesome!" It is a great etude, but it's getting pretty tiring to play it to pretty much all of my classmates all the time, and my friends :p
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Steinway Upright regulation problem. by Steve Senseney @ Today at 05:17 PM

My calculator puts the balance rail point at .573 (close to .60).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Player by Rich Galassini @ Today at 04:24 PM

According to the serial number this piano was built in 1919. About that time Steinway was marketing a piano that had a Welte-Mignon reproducing player system installed into it. The Welte company made a great system but they are not the easiest to r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price check on Aisle 4 by Steve Cohen @ Today at 04:23 PM

from a dealer or private sale?
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What are the pros for strip muting?
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
36 minutes 35 seconds ago
Schirmer Piano Company
by Steve617
Today at 06:26 PM
Aeolian M&H BB
by nwpiano
Today at 05:42 PM
Technical/sight reading question
by readmyscore
Today at 03:57 PM
Steinway Player
by Steve617
Today at 01:49 PM
Forum Stats
77836 Members
42 Forums
160919 Topics
2364004 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission