Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
92 registered (ambrozy, Beakybird, augustm, Bach2Black, alwatson, 20 invisible), 1983 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Audio setup for VST by Frédéric L @ 49 seconds ago

The Scarlett 2i2 has not many inputs : 2 (you can record yourself in stereo). The advantage compared to a low-cost soundcard will be the sound quality. It is up to you to decide if the Focusrite 2i2 is worth the extra cost.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easy String Calc / Mensurix 5 by RestorerPhil @ 1 minute 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPT No one else that I am aware of has worked with how bridge mobility allows L-mode/T-mode coupling, and how inaudible L-modes can produce audible beats, except me. Ed, Thank you for your comments. Since I a
Jump to new posts Re: How to copy a decal? by Klavimaniac @ 9 minutes 12 seconds ago

Adypiano, Nice esthetic web page. Do you do your own case polishing? How do you get that crisp paper thin look? 50 coats of shellac ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to sight read? Random bars or Pieces? by Qazsedcft @ 11 minutes 41 seconds ago

Reading without playing at the same time is pretty useless unless you can hear the music in your head.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP60/70/80 M - how does the midi work by Morodiene @ 14 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Frédéric LOn the CP60M manual I read : Note On : 90h v = 1-127... I think it send a velocity number. There you have it: it will give a range of velocities and not just on/off.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 vs Casio PX-5S by Morodiene @ 15 minutes 27 seconds ago

The RD-800, Kawai MP7, or the Yamaha CP4 would be great DPs to look at. Casio PX-5S is a great little board, very light, and has a lot to offer. But the action compared with the others listed is not at good. If you are under a budget, perhaps take
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by PianoStudent88 @ 16 minutes 32 seconds ago

SadieLady, welcome! I'm also learning what to do with my left hand. There are so many levels. There's figuring out some notes that sound OK, and then there's figuring out what notes are actually being played in a recording. Originally Posted By A
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'd like to take a vote... Kawai KG2D or Yamaha G1? by KRjjc @ 18 minutes 55 seconds ago

HI, sorry for replying here...not sure how to put forum topic up. Could someone help me decide.....I want to buy a new K300. I am a beginner...I am a grade 3 adult student who wants to upgrade my antique piano...139 years old. Will this piano last me
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: shigeru sk5 heavy action = normal ? by pianoloverus @ 19 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By tirtayes, very pretty sure. since I can't play anything loudly on that sk5, infact I can't play anything at all to my satisfaction on that piano. and I have tried a petrof iv which is a lot mellower than kawai, but it is not th
Jump to new posts Re: Felt on jack by ambrozy @ 19 minutes 52 seconds ago

rXd, you're right, butwhy not improve this design using this jacks and "feltless" buttons with graphite coat, then will be no problem even with buttons off center and letoff will be more precise. I am worried only about action noises. I try
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to play this trill on bwv 131? (Aria in F) by PianoStudent88 @ 26 minutes 23 seconds ago

Thanks for that description, Peter. I didn't know that, about the held note. I'm going to have to go back and examine my Baroque pieces that I've learned and check if this happens anywhere so that I can correct what I'm doing.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve aurals? by PianoStudent88 @ 27 minutes 49 seconds ago

mylynn, can you describe what makes you say they "seem to not be able to grasp pitch very well"? What can they not do, that a better grasp of pitch would allow them to do?
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 wish list by Frédéric L @ 32 minutes 4 seconds ago

@CyberGene: I am sure that I will not have any advantage in getting a HiRes velocity keyboard. I have just tried to record a set of notes I am trying to get the same level. The result varies from -2 to +2 from the mean velocity (and sometime more).
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 11th Chords by jjo @ 49 minutes 18 seconds ago

It's interesting, as noted above, that we're talking about a chord notation (D11) that doesn't appear to be used in lead sheets! I cited the opening chord of Maiden Voyage, which if not exactly identical, is nearly identical to the Am7/D chord that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody started christmas music yet by scorpio @ 51 minutes 10 seconds ago

Yes, I started Christmas music this past week. This year I am working out of Melody Bober's Christmas Memories series. These books have arrangements for early intermediate to late intermediate students. There are many graded level options availabl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone use Piano Marvel? by dogperson @ 59 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By CutestpuppieShe/he needs to learn to read music and not worry about sight-reading music read music and sight reading is the same no? whats the difference? Reading music: Learning to read the notes, and the rhythm, key sign
Jump to new posts Re: hammer height in grand question by Bob @ Today at 09:04 AM

Make sure you have enough repetition spring tension. Low spring tension will result in unstable blow distance settings.
Adult Beginners Forum
I am totally obsessed with an original I've been working on. It's all I've been playing for weeks so I will be more than glad when I get it recorded and done with. I'm really working hard to get it all written out which is part of the reason it's tak
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by FarmGirl @ Today at 08:43 AM

Wow Cheryl Doris and Jim, thank you. It's really nice to visit here. Doris and Cheryl, I will contact you after I get home. I am at the breakfast with my training people. Some of them I saw yesterday but no one notices me. This must be a life o
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano Student Plays like a Robot by TimR @ Today at 08:25 AM

Oh, and I would "reframe" this whole discussion. Rather than a student who plays without emotion, I would describe a student who plays without dynamics. One is teachable, the other not so much.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: German piano industry and ?? by Rickster @ Today at 07:50 AM

Norbert, you know better than to interject any hint of politics here on the PW forums. If you believe anything politicians say, then I'm surprised you've been as successful in the piano business as you have been. Fact is, as good a salesman as you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where does all the music go? by Pianoperformance @ Today at 07:36 AM

Thanks Ralphiano for introducing A.Tansman ...I too would PDF old copies and load it on my iPad Pro...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: your least favorite key to play in? by johan d @ Today at 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By Fazioli73My favorite key is undoubtedly B major! not just for the sound but it fits nicely into the hands, whenever i improvise i subconcoiusly do it in B major. Can you have a look at this ? Although Groove On may be right, it
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Miguel ReyOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Miguel ReyMy favorite living pianists under 40. I think when giving critique one must not forget his age. But that would imply he's only "good for his age&quo
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: X chords by Nahum @ Today at 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By fatar760 Is there a difference I'm missing? What exactly does the X denote and where are it's origins? This reflects the difference between the classical dominant seventh chord -or small major seventh (to my ears - stupid name
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Audio setup for VST
by UpalS
10/24/16 08:15 AM
How to improve aurals?
by mylynn
10/24/16 06:23 AM
X chords
by fatar760
10/24/16 04:09 AM
German piano industry and ??
by Norbert
10/23/16 08:57 PM
Mastering the piano series
by dat77
10/23/16 07:25 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,339 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,935 Topics
2,565,365 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission