Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (AndrewJCW, AprilE, AmandaH, Anne'sson, 25 invisible), 1140 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by Gary D. @ 1 minute 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Groove On As for practice time, research shows that we master information much more effectively when the brain works hard to retrieve the information from memory. Spacing out your learning sessions is one good way to do this. Le
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By debussychopinOriginally Posted By PeytonA number of years ago I put a ton of work into Chopin's etude 10.3. I got it to the point I could play it all the way through but never...never... got it to where I could play some of those
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Wind Etude arpeggios by SiFi @ 18 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By debussychopinOriginally Posted By IncongruousOriginally Posted By debussychopinOriginally Posted By IncongruousOriginally Posted By piano_friendThat might be helpful https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKkLhCAqMM Ur arpeggios section
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a theory question about ii by keystring @ 28 minutes 58 seconds ago

I scribbled out some combinations having 6 in the top voice early this morning before having my coffee. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3blpq200udq2zrd/z%20puzzle.jpg?dl=0 Most of them had problems like parallel fifths, a Tonic without a doubled root. No.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway in Wired by wolfgangmeister @ 33 minutes 44 seconds ago

Mark - I've hesitated to write you before, due to your great background and knowledge of solenoid-based player systems, the use of MIDI and/or ESEQ specs and the many very useful conversion tools you have developed over the years for old and new user
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3 by sor @ 35 minutes 50 seconds ago

I really love finding this site and being able to share, and I have gotten lots of great feed back, and there is definitely a lot of food for thought here, and I thank everyone for their thoughts and comment,, this was something I did not have when I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Busoni Piano Competition by Hakki @ 52 minutes 16 seconds ago

Busoni competition without a Busoni concerto?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampers on my 100 Year old grand by Tunewerk @ Today at 12:15 AM

I hope you're not working on client back actions with this level of experience.. You can't regulate dampers off the tray. Many have twist or warp; all have felt. Most pianos do not have the ability to fine regulate to the key end (except with punchi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano as Furniture by phacke @ Today at 12:11 AM

At the country cabin:
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Video Contest Recital by SiFi @ Today at 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By danielcarrScarlatti � Clear, crisp and lively playing. You definitely have a elegance and refinement about your playing � worthy of your placing in the Van Cliburn. Loved the brightness of your playing around 1:45. Beetho
Pianist Corner
I would be interested to see someone LEARN anything without memory
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag Scott Joplin by Carey @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Boogie - You might want to practice the piece at a snail's pace (per the youtube link below) to make sure: 1) you are playing all the right notes, and 2) the syncopation is correct (listen to the video and follow the score). A few things consiste
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Protecting piano from sunlight by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I would just invest in good quality double or triple pane insulated windows with 99.9% UV protection. Just in case you forget to draw the curtains.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! by galaxy4t @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I believe Mike Martin said the PX-560 would not be able to play back PX5S tones, but that the PX-560 would be capable of creating tones that would sound like they were made on the PX5S. By the way,you will find many of the same rhythms and accompanim
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pictures for Complete Grand Regulation By Roger Jolly??? by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By machineintelDoes anyone have a copy of the Grotrian manual they would be willing to share? You have a PM.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slash Chord Question by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Slash chords are used more as convenience for the player than anything. Chords themselves (and music as a whole) have patterns and guides but no hard rules. You could play any note you want under a chord, you might have a chromatic run in the base
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piece by composer X but it could be taken for composer Y by seriousamateur @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Rachmaninoff First Concerto sounds an awful lot like the Grieg Concerto. Chopin E Minor Concerto sounds an awful lot like the Hummel A minor Concerto. Beethoven C minor Concerto sounds an awful lot like the Mozart C minor Concerto. Most of the Haydn
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Any jazz pianists know how to play this? by doranws @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Well, I changed the setting of the video to 0.5 speed and sat in front of the computer with my melodica until I figured it out. I've transcribed quite a bit, so only 5-10 seconds isn't too challenging. You could do it, too, with some practice. I wis
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ligeti, Etude 13 by gooddog @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

After listening to Greg Anderson play Etude #13 I liked it so much I purchased the score. Sadly, it is out of my reach - quite literally. I cannot reach a 10th and there are many of them. Rolling them just doesn't sound right.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Should I re-work this composition? by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

This is a lovely piece of music ... beautifully played with a gentle wistfulness and a subtle sense of phrasing which is a delight to the ear. It is refreshing to see the classic form .... which even today is still at the heart of most good mus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano storage by Chewbacca @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM

Thanks for sharing this. It ties in with my feeling that if humidity and temperature are stable, storing the piano should not be an issue. Now whether the storage facilities can be trusted 100% to achieve that is another story... I live in NYC where
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by ando @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

The RX-2 won't be 2015, more like 2013 - but still might be new/never sold before. The 2015 model would be GX-2. Of these two pianos, the CX5 will have a bigger richer sound - especially in the bass, but a 30 year old piano should be quite a bit chea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Great American Songbook Recital - Call for Submissions by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

OK, Sam -- I had my daughter transfer all the MP3 Box files to my computer (she was the one who prepared the MP3 conversions originally). NOW I believe everything is in order, judging from the directives that the form provided!! Thanks for your pati
Adult Beginners Forum
Nice to see everyone progressing so well! I've been doing other piano stuff but I still mumble through the Christmas song once or twice a day so hopefully it's getting there. I've learnt Minuet in G the past few days which will be my first real class
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing Digital piano upgrade! by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By koitako Kawai CL36 Casio Privia 850BK Korg LP380 Yamaha DGX650 . . . PS: I believe some of you will recommend that i should go to the store and try them, but since i don't really know how a real piano action actually is, i don'
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Slash Chord Question
by Fatih
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Choosing Digital piano upgrade!
by koitako
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
a theory question about ii
by keystring
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
Piano Playing Horse
by S. Phillips
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
Memory helps me learn pieces and play after I stop practice
by caters
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,590 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,608 Topics
2,441,172 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission