Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
125 registered (AprilE, balian, Beakybird, 37 invisible), 1601 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Making My Studio "Legal" by Chatalbash Lessons @ 1 minute 45 seconds ago

I know that many people on here run very successful piano studios. I am aware that the requirements differs from state to state, county to county. However I was wondering what you had to do in order to make your studio legal. - insurance? - tax form
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Plastic key click when doing Glissando by Piano Tipping @ 4 minutes 3 seconds ago

Ouch! If only they made pianos with big soft fluffy keys.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering for To a Wild Rose by AprilE @ 5 minutes 54 seconds ago

Isabelle, it's the one piece I remember learning as a child when I took lessons for a couple of years - a simplified arrangement in G and these particular measures didn't have the big spans. My sister just sent me the sheet music I used which had bee
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What next? Suggestions for an intermediate piece by bennevis @ 8 minutes 21 seconds ago

Here are a few suggestions with a similar lyrical quality to the Chopin Op.9/2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7h-vYRLrs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGq3-Fi_zQY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBWRZvu0kMY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Expanding My Studio Help by Chatalbash Lessons @ 12 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By pavanne1 Hi Chaltalbash, Check out this new blog www.growyourmusicstudio.com This guy Daniel Patterson is writing a lot of stuff about how to grow and manage your studio business using Facebook etc. He has 100 students hims
You had me at "it pays better than bar gigs." Sounds like for you love doing it, so payment is frosting on the cake. Please do make sure to post here a video of you doing it, once you've settled on the equipment.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ 14 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Ken IisakaI am writing a feedback to the Cliburn Foundation now, but I am going to suggest expanding the concerto repertoire list. I think putting the war horses like Rach 2/3 and Prokofiev 2/3, as well as Brahms will attract pia
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Recording in sections: right or wrong? by Stephano @ 33 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By hreichgottFor some recordings, editing is not allowed or not appropriate (auditions, our very own ABF recitals, or recording a piece for a coach in another city to evaluate.) Originally Posted By ghosthandI know, though, that if
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Debussy and the whole tone scale by pianoloverus @ 41 minutes 7 seconds ago

The only piano Debussy pieces I can think of that use the whole tone scale is the second Prelude from Book 1(Sails or Veils)and L'isle Joyeuse(third measure). 1. Are there some other Debussy piano works that use whole tone scales? 2. Examples from
Jump to new posts Re: Can This Be Done? by petes1 @ 45 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Doug M. However, I am a great believer in struggling to learn things in complicated keys: it teaches your brain to finger in that key signature and improves muscle memory to play in different keys, which will improve your ability
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest Pianists Ever? by Keith D Kerman @ 52 minutes 11 seconds ago

No Kapell. No Cziffra. No Gilels. etc etc Fail list.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: So there's this thing next year... by Kenan @ Today at 01:59 PM

Sorry, wouter79, what do you mean by "Are you in?"
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slightly OT by PhilipInChina @ Today at 01:59 PM

The Hofmann is if I want to play in air conditioned environment. If I want a big noise I use the Bechstein B. The upright is when I am in a particular mood.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by rychubil @ Today at 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By Rille StarkTherefore you need stereo jack to 2 x XLR (or stereo jack to 2 x mono jack), connected to ONE output, to get stereo sound. Yes, I agree. Usually I use that connection: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281749071769?_trksid=
Jump to new posts Re: Record from Kawai CN24 (MIDI out) by Frédéric L @ Today at 01:50 PM

About "there is no sound coming to my computer."... It is normal if your output is the MIDI port : the sound should come from the piano. Note that a MIDI link does only transfer which keys are pressed and how hard they are striked. No sound
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles? by terminaldegree @ Today at 01:41 PM

You should research if the warranty is transferable (read the brand profile for Hailun in the Piano Buyer for more information on warranty coverage and a distributor contact number). If so, you should be fine, so long as you like the touch and tone
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trapezius pain when playing by hreichgott @ Today at 01:32 PM

Could it be that your shoulders are not all the way down, both when you play and during other activities? It's easy to carry a little tension in the shoulders and keep them raised slightly without being aware of it. You could try, when you notice dis
Piano Forum
Kurt - It certainly has been challenging to keep up with the changes over the past 15 years. I think it is unfortunate that YC isn't building any higher end YC's in Korea in addition to the Albert Weber. But perhaps that's a moot point, since Y
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by newer player @ Today at 01:24 PM

That is a very good guide Stamkorg; I should have put that first in line. I also wanted to include a short Presonus latency white paper with some helpful text and graphics: Presonus white paper - truth of latency In the picture below, presonus
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts River Cruise piano playing by Beemer @ Today at 01:02 PM

I booked a Rhine river cruise and hoping that there would be a piano onboard I loaded up my Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 with some favourite sheet music. On board I was pleased to find it had a Yamaha CVP709 Digital Grand Clavinova. I was nervous becaus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seeing Over the Top of a Yamaha U1/48" Piano by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 01:02 PM

All I know is that you can see over a Baldwin Hamilton, but not Yamaha U3. I read somewhere that one of the things that killed production of extremely tall uprights was that high school choir directors couldn't see misbehaving choristers over them (
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: jazz exercise 2 by dire tonic @ Today at 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By iamandersC7 followed by a C#dim doesn't seem like something you would see in a leadsheet. As natural as the rising sun. If you look at the RH you're only changing one note between the two chords. Very common, though I haven't d
Originally Posted By lsal1Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By lsal1Originally Posted By Fer De ArmasKawai MP7, the best miles ahead...!. Cheers!. Thats the one I want! The problem is, since I am a college student, the MP7 is priced a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lesser heard Piano Concertos by thalbergmad @ Today at 12:44 PM

If difficulty is not a problem, then the Henselt F Minor would be my first thought. If you want something a little bit more showy, then the Bortkiewicz 1st or the stunning Hannikainen. A little less showy and a bit more luscious, then i would suggest
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by pirke @ Today at 12:43 PM

Yes, with headphones they are equal. I've never played the LX17 with headphones at home... only once in the showroom when testing. They sound better without headphones
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Debussy and the whole tone scale
by pianoloverus
37 minutes 51 seconds ago
Record from Kawai CN24 (MIDI out)
by balian
Today at 01:35 PM
River Cruise piano playing
by Beemer
Today at 01:02 PM
Korg Module now universal
by David Farley
Today at 12:16 PM
Extremes of Conventional Musical Notation
by David Farley
Today at 11:43 AM
Forum Stats
84,158 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,685 Topics
2,537,844 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission