Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (AZNpiano, armani, ALEXANDER DYKER, augustm, AndreaS85, 18 invisible), 1057 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Preliminaries for XVII International Chopin Piano Comp't. by Molto lombardo @ 1 minute 52 seconds ago

Speaking of Chopin etudes in Chopin Competition: if you make any alternations like move some notes from right hand to left or vice versa, you will be automatically out. Is this true or legend?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by barbaram @ 2 minutes 53 seconds ago

And I'm up to 7: 1. Pam Wedgwood "Take it from here", from "Jazzin' About" 2. Schumann Op 68 no1 : Melody from Album for the Young 3. Raglan Road (aka The Dawning of the Day/Fainne Geal an Lae) - Irish traditional 4. Schumann O
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Do I Need An iPad.... by Lester Burnham @ 34 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By LookinforDPwell if I was to attend a piano recital, i dont expect the concert artist to play his piece like a computer would do ... Complete non sequitur.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 585 Review by peterws @ 52 minutes 47 seconds ago

They look good, those Yamahas. Nice and tall, classy. Good to hear someone who`s happy. And I like the sound of those other instruments . . . .wouldn`t like to lug it around, mind . . .
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts The Piano Teaching Legacy of Solomon Mikowsky by Molto lombardo @ 56 minutes 17 seconds ago

Who is familiar with this article? http://www.internationalpianofestivals.org/The_Piano_Teaching_Legacy_of_Solomon_Mikowsky.pdf I think it has many interesting points in teaching section. Frances Clarke's Time to Begin was mentioned there. Actuall
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Amateur-tuned and voiced! piano. How does it sound to you? by JohnCKL @ 57 minutes 9 seconds ago

Hello. Long time lurker - certainly learned a lot! I tuned and voiced my piano. How would you describe its sound? How can I do better? Can you guess what piano it is ?
Adult Beginners Forum
A lot of people here have started late in life. It`s no barrier to achievement either. Stuff on the recitals and piano bar bear testimony top that. Have fun! It can be hard work at times. That`s the time to have a break.
Jump to new posts BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND? by peterws @ Today at 03:25 AM

We have loads of so called portable pianos. But if you have to transport these regularly, for live playing . . . the reality kicks in, Now, no one wants a hernia or two, but I suspect that many of these instruments would be likely to cause just tha
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Love me-piano-Yiruma by Hoangtran @ Today at 03:22 AM

feel-like-give me comments .thank for all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISpFl4NzPQ
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Love me-piano-Yiruma by Hoangtran @ Today at 03:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISpFl4NzPQ feel-like-give me comments .thank for all
Jump to new posts Re: Young Chang Grand "Growing Brackets" by beethoven986 @ Today at 03:10 AM

I thought this was only a problem on pianos from the '90s. At any rate, the affected pianos have silver brackets. To be sure, measure the spread at each bracket; if there is a problem, the spread will be high. Young Chang still sends brackets for fre
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method book contains... by Arghhh @ Today at 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoAbout pacing, that book is just too long. It takes forever to plow through the first primer book. Also, as you may know, the ordering of the pieces is "cyclic" on purpose. I'm not sure I agree with that princ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Norbert @ Today at 02:50 AM

This is really an incredible story. Showing why details like that are so telling who the people actually are making and selling their pianos. To me this is as important - if not even more so - than the instrument itself. For many, the connection f
Jump to new posts Re: Es7 advice by Kawai James @ Today at 02:25 AM

Alan, I'm afraid I cannot comment on models that may/may not be in development. Kind regards, James x
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by dire tonic @ Today at 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By OneWatt I suspect one reason I didn't find it overly challenging is all that time I've spent reading music on the drum throne. Is there anywhere a recording of your piano playing, OneWatt? Quote:It can do wonders for one's abil
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts How to practise to play relaxed by johan d @ Today at 02:12 AM

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I keep struggling with it. After not make attention to it for a while, my pink and 4th finger curl so they are in front of the keys and not above. Some fingers that are not used are not resting on the
Jump to new posts Re: Rug under piano on new hardwood flooring? by wouter79 @ Today at 01:45 AM

Yes of course the piano has to be regulated. But it does not solve bad room acoustics. Both have to be regulated
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY OPERATED AMPLIFIER FOR BUSKING by Skyscrapersax @ Today at 01:42 AM

I can't watch these here, due to problems with Adobe Flash, which causes a script and won't work. I use the HTML5 thing, but it won't give me that option here. Just had to restart my computer, as it crashed trying to watch these. I've watched them
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Today at 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By CassiaThere's a Bluthner II at Michelle's right now. Perhaps give that a try, and if you like it, it may be worthwhile to check out the model 6. Heck, I might check out the model II myself after Chewbacca's assessment. Hmmm, I d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will a 7-footer be too big for my living room? by Silver Keys @ Today at 01:08 AM

A large piano in a room such as yours should work, but it may require some adjustments. I have a 7-foot Mason & Hamlin in a comparable room, and yes it can be a beast. (But I like it!). But I am gradually learning to tame that beast. I had my t
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Albunea...If things work in your places like in mine, many children attend a musical school where they can have many classes a week for not much money. Later, they can hire a teacher for intensive, personal practice, which can be
Jump to new posts Re: Which Controller? by Frédéric L @ Today at 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By Giancarlo RoblesDoes the Nektar by any chance have a midi out connection? Or can the usb connection be changed to a midi out with some sort of adapter? I'm looking for a midi controller with semiweighted keys to connect directl
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Gadzar @ Today at 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By TunewerkI agree, Dorrie, so I apologize for adding another comment off topic here. It just needs to be interjected, that the idea of measuring iH with a sequence in tuning is currently applied already in many temperaments. The S
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Stretch in Verituner by Gadzar @ Today at 12:31 AM

Yes! you can even mix several kinds of intervals in one stretch point. for example 4:1 3:1 and 4:2 so you keep an eye on the three intervals:octave, octave + fifth and double octave.
Jump to new posts Re: [HD Video] Weird tonal characteristic on double string C3 by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:25 AM

The value of string couplers not withstanding, in this case, I think I will have to concede to replacement of both strings as being the best alternative after thinking this over. If the technician has limited experience, neither alternative will be
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Piano Teaching Legacy of Solomon Mikowsky
by Molto lombardo
04/21/15 03:36 AM
Amateur-tuned and voiced! piano. How does it sound to you?
by JohnCKL
04/21/15 03:35 AM
BEST FOR CARRYING AROUND?
by peterws
04/21/15 03:25 AM
How to practise to play relaxed
by johan d
04/21/15 02:12 AM
Es7 advice
by Covfam73
04/21/15 01:04 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,968 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,395 Topics
2,398,081 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission