Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
159 registered (90minIPA, accordeur, alerique, ajames, 41 invisible), 1743 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1933 Haines Brothers Baby Grand by RonB3 @ 3 minutes 3 seconds ago

Hello, I know this is an old post but I wanted to add something for current and future researchers of Haines Bro pianos. I got a piano from a friend who getting rid of their 1931 50" Grand Piano sometimes called Petite Baby Grand Piano. It too
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I promised myself I wouldn't post one of these but... by pianoloverus @ 7 minutes 33 seconds ago

Not a Sonata but quite sensational....his Capriccio in G major. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5uRYySwgR0
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude by Ramzi @ 8 minutes 55 seconds ago

I am currently working on Ocean Etude, and I really like it. I am about halfway there with decent tempo. How does it compare to Revolutionary Etude? I might want to learn that one next. Revolutionary seems to have a faster left hand than Ocean, but t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Role of each sensor in a triple sensor system by proteal @ 10 minutes 47 seconds ago

You can understand it as simulating the 3 relevant points in a grand piano: the top sensor controls the string's damper (on/off), the bottom sensor is the escapement point (hammer released toward string), and the middle sensor is the repetition poin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi. I am new and a learner.. by Charles Cohen @ 11 minutes 49 seconds ago

Quote: . . . I would have a good technician some out and check things out, tune it, and suggest any repair work that may need to be done. +1 !!!! It's impossible to guess at the condition of a piano none of us (but you) have seen or heard.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K400 for $6000 by Plowboy @ 11 minutes 57 seconds ago

Let it settle in to the climate in your home. 2,3,4 weeks. Try to tune it 4 times, at least, the first year. That will help stabilize the tuning. I've done that and it works.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Exciting discovery - new Mozart/Salieri collaboration by cathryn999 @ 13 minutes 9 seconds ago

Apparently it will be performed in Prague on this coming Tuesday: Discovery of Mozart/Salieri collaboration (article)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who sells the best string covers by Norbert @ 13 minutes 36 seconds ago

Try here: http://aftune.angelfire.com/edstrcvr.html You can also google others. One question I have is how these things affect sound. Anybody in the know? Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
12 February 2016 Tonight played a lot of Suites of Buxtehude......love it..... At imslp.org only two of them...... Two Suites Buxtehude (scroll down) All suites of this composer in this book...... Samtliche Suiten, Buxtehude Worth to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by jotur @ 16 minutes 59 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: Roland KR-105 vs Yamaha YDP-223 by Charles Cohen @ 20 minutes 14 seconds ago

The Roland FP-80 would be another possibility. Less expensive than the RF800, and it has built-in loudspeakers. Also has the "Ivory Feel-S" action, which I liked. You might enjoy this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msv5-3xVqOc
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Posting pictures of customers' pianos by Bob @ 24 minutes 17 seconds ago

Good advice above - always get permission - Getty has a release that works well - and there are others available on line. Never be sneaky, hoping no one will see you. Camera's in homes and businesses can be anywhere - you may be watched and not kn
Jump to new posts Re: Could someone tell me difference of GF II vs GF? by 8 Octaves @ 27 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By aleriqueI would imagine... But then again, if you love your damper noise you can crank it up twice on those Kawais... By default volume is 5, but you can make it 10. You misunderstand. I think DP should NOT reproduce every unde
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TuneLabs vs Veritune vs Others? Dell Laptop Specs? by Bob @ 36 minutes 7 seconds ago

For what you want, TuneLab would work fine. Keep the costs low. But I too would like opinions on Varituner from tuners that have used both. I use Tunelab for pitch raising and first pass on temperaments, and it's perfect for that!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group: Chopin Prelude in E minor Op 28 No 4 by Michiyo-Fir @ 37 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Jen WeirHere is my initial play through from last night, for your critique. https://soundcloud.com/jennifer-bradley-weir/chopin-prelude-op-28-no-4-feb-11-2016 Looking forward to comments and suggestions. Thank you! Hi Jennifer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unsure if the amount of keys on the piano matters? by Ramzi @ 38 minutes 7 seconds ago

I think that a full 88 key keyboard for you would be best. I agree with the fact that there is more likely going to be weighted keys on bigger keyboards. Also, at the moment, you might not care about the extremities, but later in your piano adventure
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing Renner Hammers by music kitchen @ 42 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By SeekerThere is a very interesting book and DVD by Andre Oorebeek called "The Voice of the Piano". I imagine, since the man has strongly held opinions and tastes, that there are those that disagree with him, but I belie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: O.T. This time, show us your pictures!! by peterws @ 43 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By joturHitry Plan - the only time you ever post is to bump the piano picture thread, and now you've found this one. What - you're casing every one's joint?!? And now you want to know if we're defenseless old people, too? Cathy I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 48 minutes 21 seconds ago

Two good lessons in the past two weeks, moving into Unit 2 of Level 4. I have to say that so far this is my favorite set of core books. The pieces are hard, but not too hard. Most of the pieces are either original form classics (Like Arabesque by Bu
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: a Finale stem length issue by Morodiene @ 49 minutes 29 seconds ago

You can adjust the stem length if you want. Every once in a while you have to in order to make the score look neater. It's in the special tools palette (Stem Length Tool).
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: composing tips by Steve Chandler @ 54 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Nikolas And listen to Steve as well. He's always right! I know a woman who might disagree with you. ;/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoForAll by R_B @ Today at 04:29 PM

ThodorN Quite possibly my adobe reader is "too far ahead" in revision status - I guess that is the current euphemism for not backward compatible ? As I recall it worked OK on Windoze Vista, which was probably running a suitably old rev of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A by shirlkirsten @ Today at 04:23 PM

The problem is expertise is just not there and I am not going to argue about it.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Pins on Baldwin R by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 04:19 PM

Are you referring to these pins? They are Baldwin's exclusive acu-just hitch pins. They allow the downbearing to be set for each individual string and also lengthens the backscale.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hallet, Davis & Co. vs Kohler & Campbell by Ramzi @ Today at 04:16 PM

Ok that sounds good. I'll post the pros and cons later when I go to officially test them.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ocean Etude vs Revolutionary Etude
by Ramzi
02/12/16 05:25 PM
Exciting discovery - new Mozart/Salieri collaboration
by cathryn999
02/12/16 05:20 PM
Who sells the best string covers
by shirlkirsten
02/12/16 04:37 PM
Tuning Pins on Baldwin R
by Golden Chords One
02/12/16 03:23 PM
Posting pictures of customers' pianos
by BenP
02/12/16 03:15 PM
Forum Stats
82,568 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,447 Topics
2,494,748 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission