Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Play chopin étude op 10 no 1 at 104 bpm in a week by patH @ 1 minute 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AtrysJesus, it's like some of you people have never done homework or research or any other kind of intellectual endeavor in your whole life. Don't expect to be spoonfed everything. Laziness is just one of many paths to ignorance
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Hard Starting Intermediate by JazzPianoOnline @ 12 minutes 35 seconds ago

Wow! Frank good to hear that you are so dedicated. Try listening to "Relaxin' with the Miles Davis Quintet" and "Kelly Blue" by Wynton Kelly.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique by Rich Galassini @ 21 minutes 23 seconds ago

Pretty cool. No, I have never seen one.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: No music rest for Roland stage pianos? by Marko in Boston @ 21 minutes 26 seconds ago

Well, no music rest for me with either board. I use and iKlip iPad holder mounted to a mic stand. When I bring my RD800 or ES7 home this is my setup. I keep the old x stand, bench, iPad stand, and monitors there full time.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where is the new blood? by Carbonblob @ 22 minutes 37 seconds ago

Good question........ Maybe there's another "Moog" inventor yet to come along and perhaps the technology will be so great by 2040 that instead of a 9 foot grand, there'll be some spacey looking carbon fiber electronic thing on stage. There
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos by joe80 @ 24 minutes 53 seconds ago

Hi Barnard, the 85 note model B and A are still rebuilt at Steinway Hamburg, they turn out more or less the same except for the top three notes, but yeah I know it's an important point and difference because it limits repertoire,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Famous (infamous?) One Month to Recital Thread by Monica K. @ 31 minutes 34 seconds ago

I just want to let y'all know that I am leaving tomorrow for a much-anticipated trip to Italy with my hubby to see Einaudi in concert and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We're supposed to have free wifi at the hotels we're staying at, but I'm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music by bennevis @ 37 minutes 56 seconds ago

One of today's foremost (forte)pianists has interesting things to say about Mozart's keyboard style, ornamentation (and its implementation), the use of rubato.....and pianos. He also touches on Beethoven and Schumann. www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02316
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by Greener @ 46 minutes 3 seconds ago

Hello Sam, I have and will continue to follow with much interest. Clearly, you are not a newbie to this. It is very inspirational. Next time I start whining on my second K of a two kilometer canoe portage, I'll be thinking of you and ... I will sto
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just visited pianist corner by Vid @ Today at 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: VidThe trolls are well fed today and two of them have teamed up apparently. I wouldn't doubt they are one and the same. If you're thinking of the same ones I am, I very much doubt they are the s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And what about this one? by Markarian @ Today at 04:40 PM

I played that for like, a minute. Pretty slick, but a bit out of my price range.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to change teacher? by A443 @ Today at 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoWhat if the 3-4 teachers all disagree vehemently with each other? Who's right?Why would teachers vehemently disagree with each other?!? They are not there to disagree with each other, nor is it a student's place to info
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need name of this music by EM Deeka @ Today at 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: neuralfiringsAnd if all else fails? Transcribe the music yourself or pay somebody to do it. Here's somebody who does this for $5 http://www.fiverr.com/scribeemusic/transcribe-your-music-into-sheet-music (if you look around the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 04:30 PM

I'll get right on it. Or, thinking better of it, I might as well keep working on making the Brahms sound good because my audience is unsatisfied with it as it stands. My audience is, of course, a small select club of only two people: me and my pi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Theoretical tuning sequence by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: UnrightToonerOriginally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT Again, the real elephant in the room is beat speed sensitivity. If you can't tell if F#3A#3 is between FA and GB, you won't be able to get good accuracy on ET, IMHO. Does an
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by WilliamTruitt @ Today at 04:27 PM

It seems to me that the discussion of flat strung pianos is essentially an academic discussion for others that distracts from the task at hand - BillJZ is looking for a used piano. The likelihood of him coming upon a flat strung piano that is less th
Piano Forum
Haha good one Joe. Nah I don't reckon I'll be posting that very soon, I'm not that daft, I know what I can realistically spend, and that is a no-go for me, atleast for another 20-30 years anyway. All's I was saying was, the Weinbach looks naff to
Adult Beginners Forum
Thank you all for the many good answers. I don't fully understand all of them yet because I am quite a beginner, but they well resolve my question. The piece is John Barry's Somewhere in Time: http://www.johnbarry.org.uk/sheetmusic/somewhere-in-time
Being the happy owner of a CS10 now for 3 months I have to say that the CS10 is not bright at all. Thanks to the soundboard it has a very realistic, piano-like, bass that makes a very solid fundament for the music. The highs are not bright, but clear
Pianist Corner
I'm at a piano camp, and will be trying to put together a decent recording today/tomorrow. I PMd Heather about this but haven't heard back yet--does anyone know whether an iPad video recording will work???
Jump to new posts Re: Getting started with MIDI: One question. by 90SITA @ Today at 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenThat' the one I've used. It's not expensive, and works well. . Charles I've just found one that is almost identical to the one you've mentioned, I better buy that. This one
Jump to new posts Re: tune the bass strings of a baby grand? by SMHaley @ Today at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: UnrightTooner Here are pictures of the "spanner" that I made and use. I strive for pure 3:1 12th with plain wires and the most resonant octave and 12th with wound strings. That is quite clever!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by petes1 @ Today at 03:47 PM

It's back at Kraft Music, and I just today ordered one to be delivered. Now to work on how to explain this to the wife....
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Today at 03:47 PM

Up until now I have only been playing pieces from each of the four books that makes up the Older Beginner Advanced series for each level. I will generally be assigned two pieces from the Lesson book, one from the Performance book, a couple from the
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by petes1 @ Today at 03:45 PM

USER LOCATION: eastern North Carolina MAKE: Roland MODEL: RD-800 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $$2,325.00 USD DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: On-line VENDOR NAME: Kraft Music PURCHASE DATE: July 22, 2014
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
142 registered (Atrys, Alex1, AmateurBob, accordeur, AndrewJCW, 35 invisible), 1961 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75483 Members
42 Forums
156069 Topics
2291810 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kristian Bezuidenhout on Mozart and his piano music
by bennevis
34 minutes 41 seconds ago
Hard Starting Intermediate
by frankeric
51 minutes 20 seconds ago
And what about this one?
by leel
Today at 04:23 PM
No music rest for Roland stage pianos?
by Delphian2001
Today at 04:20 PM
Where is the new blood?
by Markarian
Today at 03:53 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission