Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
138 registered (Albunea, AndrewJCW, 36251, accordeur, AprilE, 42 invisible), 1638 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Greetings from another late starter by JerryS @ 20 seconds ago

Thank you all for your kind words of welcome and advice. I started my group class last Monday night and it was pretty cool. Lots of fun. Nice people and a pretty laid back teacher. We're using a different book from what came with my Privia. It's a H
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Nocturne Op.9 No.2, Beethoven Pathetique by pianoloverus @ 3 minutes 25 seconds ago

I listened to most of the Beethoven and thought it was extremely good, especially considering you've played for only 1.5 years. The melody and accompaniment had the right balance and the playing was very musical in general. I think the right A-flat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by AndrewJCW @ 5 minutes 43 seconds ago

I don't think there's any reason you should feel bad about saying no. Playing for other would probably be a good experience but you shouldn't feel obligated to if you really don't want to. I think in your situation I'd probably decline.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano, ADVICE APPRECIATED! :) by fizikisto @ 9 minutes 48 seconds ago

Velokki, Given that you like the FP80 so much, I would suggest that it is definitely worth looking at Roland's flagship stage piano, the RD800. It has a vastly superior (imo) action to the FP80 and a much larger complement of sounds and featur
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Contemporary by Ear by dire tonic @ 10 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By Fatih For example let's take 00:38 . He plays some arpeggios for 2 seconds. It is brilliant, but i can't get what he plays. Em------Am-----G-----D Yeryüzünde aşk durdukça This is the chord chart of the part coming right b
Jump to new posts Re: The ideal successor for Roland Integra 7... by TonyB @ 26 minutes 35 seconds ago

Though I have nothing but positive experiences with Roland, I can see people being upset with the company. I won't get "livid" when somebody expresses dislike for something Roland did/does, but "hate" is, to me, going a bit over
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli by Seeker @ 33 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By RicksterLooks like Yamaha wins... It's surprising the Fazioli came in last. From what I've read, I thought it was the best of the best of the best. I guess not. I suppose you can't always believe everything you read. Rick
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: overcoming 'what's the use' feeling by Tubbie0075 @ 35 minutes 52 seconds ago

If you feel stuck with your techniques, why not study music theory and history. Maybe even start to write some simple music. That may inspire you to play again down the track, or you may find new 'fun' in music through theory, history and/or compos
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Macy @ 41 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By fizikistoI've used the regular iPad for reading sheet music (just pdf's) and I find it just a bit too small. I'm really looking forward to getting an iPad Pro. I think it will make a huge difference in how comfortable it is to
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By MarkarianWalmart will likely take it back, even if it has been reduced to a fine powder that spells out an obscenity. You'll certainly get a quicker response and better customer service at WalMart than Yamaha digital piano divis
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Laminated soundboards by Del @ 45 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By GregorOriginally Posted By Del Could you be a little more specific? I feared that this question could come up To be honest: no, I can´t. It´s generally hard to express a sound in words. Particularly in a language that is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: God Save the Queen by Finfan @ 54 minutes 56 seconds ago

Ren Faires have very little to do with actual history. The same with the SCA. It is all just an excuse for a theme party.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by Monica K. @ 54 minutes 56 seconds ago

Okay, here's a hopefully permanent link to a YouTube video of the 45 minute-long "Elements of Elements" teaser:
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Sonata No. 3 Op. 58 Finale by Mark_C @ 57 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By trigalg693....It helps if you've done Chopin op.10 no.1 (and practiced the right hand part in the left hand).... Who does that? BTW, for me, the etude is far harder than this part of the sonata. A big difference is that in this
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Just a quick update on the Op.25 no.12 etude by Cheeto717 @ Today at 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By ChopinLives81Thanks for the comments Cheeto717 and debussychopin. Unfortunately, those are all things that I can't easily work on using my digital, but as soon as I can go practice on an acoustic again I'll experiment with those
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: October 2015 Denver area piano group! by Colin Dunn @ Today at 03:19 PM

Update: The piano group will be the afternoon of Saturday, October 24. Please check the meetup group for details (group location is shown only to people who RSVP to the meetup). If you aren't on the Meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Area-Pia
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By rocket88Originally Posted By outoOriginally Posted By AndrewJCW About half of people on this forum don't get lessons. They help for sure, how much exactly is debatable. They aren't a strict necessity though. Actually that's abo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Chopin Competition Megathread by Albunea @ Today at 03:06 PM

They are not given time to breathe... There was a woman with a microphone waiting for this last pianist.
Jump to new posts Re: DGX upgrade. . by Bachus @ Today at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsBet you havent payed one. The keyboards ok, nothing more. But even top end digital keyboards do not improve my playing sad to say. They just feel a bit better. And look a lot better! I deffinately played one The k
Piano Forum
It would depend on what is available, to start.
Jump to new posts Re: Clavinova CVP 709 is out by Bachus @ Today at 02:39 PM

I got to play one, and the piano part was really really fun, highclass sounds, lovely keyfeel... I really enjoyed myself for an hour or so.... But when playing many non piano sounds, i deffinately was missing the aftertouch... And when compared to
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Jennese @ Today at 02:14 PM

USER LOCATION: Sydney, Australia MAKE: Yamaha MODEL: CLP-480R CONDITION: Floor Model PRICE PAID: AUD$ 2,995 (w/ 3-year yamaha warranty) DELIVERY CHARGE: AUD$ 275 VENDOR LOCATION: Melbourne, Australia VENDOR NAME: Keyboard Corner PURCHASE DATE: August
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Piano party in Bulgaria September 2016 by casinitaly @ Today at 02:02 PM

OK.....I have some research to do!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What ultra famous piece is this? by JoelW @ Today at 01:42 PM

I had a feeling it was Mendelssohn. Thanks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on White Pianos by WhoDwaldi @ Today at 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By Sam SI have an old full-size upright out in the garage that she wants to paint like a street piano and put on the porch. Sam I don't get the slap-happy painted furniture trend lately: Kermit the Frog green pianos, Pepto pink o
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha > Steinway > Kawai > Fazioli
by CyberGene
Today at 03:37 PM
What used grand piano would you buy with $16,000?
by sam abdel
Today at 02:37 PM
God Save the Queen
by Dru Morgan
Today at 11:51 AM
by Simon Hester
Today at 11:12 AM
Leon Fleisher Appreciation
by ClsscLib
Today at 09:54 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,945 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,293 Topics
2,451,600 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission