Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
65 registered (AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, AndrewJCW, 36251, AntonJ, Ankur Sethi, 14 invisible), 1151 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone knows what this is? by Qazsedcft @ 12 minutes 4 seconds ago

Thanks for that info!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: This just makes me so sad. by AZNpiano @ 14 minutes 24 seconds ago

I don't think it's sad at all. Many teens have to choose one activity over another because there is simply not enough time to do everything. I dropped violin and orchestra in 10th grade. My violin teacher was angry, but even at that age I thought
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Very New to my Digital Piano and I Need External Speakers by Laymond @ 20 minutes 52 seconds ago

Thank you, I had assumed that's how the output jacks worked. Gonna make my decision in a couple of days and everyone's help so far has gotten me closer to my solution. Thanks again, Charles
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: simple question about triads by Peter071 @ 25 minutes 2 seconds ago

I thought I would remember it. I will ask her next week. Thank you for the other replies.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Good or bad teacher by AZNpiano @ 27 minutes 57 seconds ago

My god, David, you sound exactly like one of my students. Are you my student?? Originally Posted By davidc1215Hey guys, is my teacher good if she allows me to play whatever I want even though it is way too below my level? Your teacher has the righ
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: side slipping question by Nahum @ 31 minutes 16 seconds ago

It depends in what genre you play; in swing and bop shifts are taking place in the halftone down - up, there are located sub V . In more modern styles called "inside - outside" , In-Out, and is a short way out to any scale and then return t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And my piano wasn't broken.... by FrankCox @ 59 minutes 28 seconds ago

It does have a lock-out function, but I think my better long-term solution will be to learn to keep my hands closer to the keys so I don't touch the buttons. I guess I was getting too carried away with what I was doing. Now that I know what was goi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acoustics in a small ballroom by PhilipInChina @ Today at 01:54 AM

I am more concerned about the acoustics inside the room than sound transmission to adjacent rooms. I suppose the answer is to get the piano in there and listen to how it sounds. Fortunately there isn't a square corner in the place. I hope the spac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming Injury - Personal Stories by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By Inna Sadly, at work I just got moved to a different desk which is higher than I need it to be... not sure how to bring this up at work, but afraid that I will need to. It depends on the company. Where I work (CBS), they're
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Memorization Exercise by Nahum @ Today at 01:24 AM

dogperson, my short-term memory is terrible; poor visual memory, so I can not draw - unlike all my children, I don't play cards or chess, requiring visual memory. This is the result of spontaneous development of memory  on what is built traditional
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Simultaneous Keys in Chords by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:10 AM

Certainly you can work on getting them mechanically simultaneous. But also consider that you may prefer a slight roll. Practice controlled rolls as well, so you're not locked into only one way to play chords.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, you want to play a little piano? by JohnSprung @ Today at 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By Dave BRich, So that's what you mean when you say 50% off? Thanks, Dave -- best joke of the day.... ;-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 vs 2000 Steinway B by BDB @ Today at 01:03 AM

Yes, my standard plan is to do all the basic work on the piano, and if the problem persists, which is rare, to start with the cheapest and easiest things to test before going on to expensive speculative methods.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The blindfold test. by BDB @ Today at 12:53 AM

I keep waiting for someone who is trying to prove that a different temperament sounds better to post unlabeled recordings so that people could decide whether they sound better, worse, or the same without confirmation bias, but it never seems to happe
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
You can easily google the question....... what year was Steinway 435704 manufactured? This site for example http://www.ilovesteinway.com/steinway/parts/steinway_serial_numbers.cfm?StepNum=1 Earlier someone posted 1973 and this agrees to the info
Jump to new posts Re: Spinet piano Methods for tuning by Musicdude @ Today at 12:30 AM

You can also use a heat gun to slightly soften the glue where the shank meets the hammer butt, and then gently push the hammer to either side, holding it there until the glue cools off again. Start with the lowest heat setting in your gun: You don't
Hi Frederic, thanks for the tip
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Single note repetition - technique by Arghhh @ Today at 12:17 AM

Can you blame the piano?
Jump to new posts DIY: Who does your key cover monikers? by LanceMilton @ Today at 12:16 AM

Who makes a transferrable moniker to replace on my piano key cover after the refinish job. (possibly for immediately prior to the final clear coat?) What companies do these and what specifically am I looking for as far as tranferrability and quality
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Op 2, No 1, 1st Mvt. Memory Issue by Raindrops @ Today at 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottCan you sing it by memory? I can't sing by memory. I can't identify the melody clearly to begin with. Can't hear the melody, don't know what's going on...but think if I get to a certain tempo I might be able to make s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sohmer baby grand by bams @ Today at 12:09 AM

Sounds like good advice, Bruce, thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Piano castings are made from grey iron. There are many types of grey iron though, with the main difference being the form of the carbon. The more the carbon in the grey iron is in the form of graphite, the softer the metal is. This difference in the
Jump to new posts Re: digital piano standing vertically - is it OK? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneI will be moving back down south for my bi-annual migration (24 hours of driving). My MP11 has a case (not a hard case), will it be OK on it's side - not vertically? In my personal opinion (again, not that of Kawai), I
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Simulator by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

I am not able to run the program, but previous attempts at simulation failed on my computer because it seems that the pitch intervals that it was capable of producing were too coarse. What is theoretically possible is not necessarily what you get.
Adult Beginners Forum
FWIW, Jeff has been here before and been thru exactly all these discussions. Try here, to start: the Hao staff I remember all those discussions because at the time I notified the mods that he was only interested in selling stuff 2009 - the more
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
DIY: Who does your key cover monikers?
by LanceMilton
Today at 12:16 AM
side slipping question
by Hi there
Today at 12:15 AM
Sohmer baby grand
by bams
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
The blindfold test.
by Piano90X
Yesterday at 08:56 PM
Very New to my Digital Piano and I Need External Speakers
by Laymond
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Forum Stats
84,830 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,869 Topics
2,551,810 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission