Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
153 registered (allakart, accordeur, 36251, ajames, 39 invisible), 1778 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Other Yamaha DGx 640/650 owners here ? by vbdx66 @ 1 minute 45 seconds ago

Hello, A short time ago, I sold my old acoustic piano and my Yamaha PSR E433 keyboard to upgrade to the Yamaha DGX 640. So far I am very happy with it, the touch is really a big improvement upon a light-touch keybaoad like the PSR E433 and I also l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight Reading Question by JohnSprung @ 1 minute 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: earlofmarOriginally Posted By: Cobra1365 My question: When did you first notice you could look at a score and "hear" what it was supposed to sound like before you played it? What are you experiences? It hasn't h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decent Baby Grand for about $2000-$3000 by PhilipInChina @ 8 minutes 30 seconds ago

I just looked under VA in the pianos for sale section. I didn't look at DC. http://www.pianoworld.com/classified/search2.php
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C? by Derulux @ 9 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HakkiYes, you need to compress. We are all on internet, hearing through our computer speakers or headphones. It won't matter much. Saving with Windows phone small setting at moviemaker compresses video down to 320x240 pixels
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pain at the shinbone/tibia by JohnSprung @ 11 minutes 48 seconds ago

Yes, had that -- It's the height of the pedal. Push the pedal down and let it up to find where the middle of its range of motion is. Then find where the middle of the range of motion is for your foot. Put a block of wood or some such thing under yo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reasons behind notes as letters rather than numbers? by Derulux @ 12 minutes 59 seconds ago

The note on the page is actually indicative of a position on the piano, not a letter or a number. So ideally, when you are fluent in music, the "letters" (or numbers) disappear. The names of the notes become irrelevant, unless you are tal
Jump to new posts Re: Funeral for a mouse. On Ivory gold. by Firefinch @ 15 minutes 21 seconds ago

Here is the link - here
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100: let's collect reviews and impressions here by gauguin @ 16 minutes 42 seconds ago

Hi, just my two cents about possible changes to the ES100 - No display! This was important in my case as otherwise my wife would have vetoed an "ugly" keyboard in our household. - Midi and USB yes but not USB alone. MIDI alone is more fl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing at Senior Centers by JohnSprung @ 17 minutes 47 seconds ago

I'd be scared they wouldn't let me out. I'll hold off on this until the kids put me in one of those places.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by peterws @ 19 minutes 40 seconds ago

"Total Eclipse of the Heart". Bonnie Tyler makes a cracking job of singing it. I bought the music yesterday. Written in numerous different keys, it's going to be great fun whacking this out! 7 pages long. . . .its a good piano arrangemen
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The less I practice, the better I get :-) by verqueue @ 44 minutes 18 seconds ago

Yeah, there were the situations when I felt the same as you. What's the point in this huge effort with playing perfectly? Especially if the usual audience isn't demanding at all... And where is the joy? There should be somewhere in our playing an ac
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Sound Imagination and Tone production by Hakki @ 51 minutes 53 seconds ago

Why is she wearing that thing on her head? Kind of makes me think she is a bit eccentric.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Going from ETD to aural - only octaves, only bass by pinkfloydhomer @ 53 minutes 1 second ago

Hi guys, I've been tuning my Nordiska 120 upright with TuneLab now for a couple of years. My unisons and my stability is getting better. So I've decided to take the next step and begin tuning octaves aurally. To not learn too many things at once, I'
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2015 Rumours? by Marcos Daniel @ Today at 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonI have not heard/read any "rumors", however, just a "few predictions" perhaps (mostly same as I posted for Summer Namm): ... - Kawai ES8 or EP4 (highly doubt it) - Kawai VPC2 with GF (doubt it
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P105 velocity problem by Yamaha p-105b @ Today at 05:17 PM

thanks for the advice. i will give it a try and let u know if it worked.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
LOL! You are playing on a honkey tonk piano pieces that you are not capable of playing! You are not Mach 2, not even one tenth of Mach 2! Do yourself a favor, have you piano tuned!
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CS10 ISSUES by AndyJoe @ Today at 04:58 PM

Hi Jon, Thanks for getting back to me on this. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I was beginning to get very downhearted, especially when I hear Kawai being spoken of so highly by both dealers and customers. You start to think it'
Jump to new posts Re: Thumpy keys and downstairs neighbours by Banzai_Ed @ Today at 04:58 PM

I had the same problem a few months ago. My downstairs neighbor keeps saying that they heard banning knocking the floor all the time. I just bough a piece of mat from local Walmart and it worked.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Compare Steinway, Estonia & Shigeru Kawai by A454.7 @ Today at 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: AJF[Well no. It's not all marketing and hype. If you are an endorsed artist with Steinway or Yamaha (or in my case Shigeru) there are potentially various benefits. I've done several recordings/concerts for example where a piano
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Prelude Op. 28/4 by Semei @ Today at 04:50 PM

Excellent! You have the correct tempo - Largo! I am so sick and tired of hearing andantino played by everybody. One thing though, please have your piano tuned!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Call me irresponsible.... by A454.7 @ Today at 04:49 PM

Less wobble in the balance rail bushing = better function, over a longer period of time, with less ware. Doing things the right way doesn't take any longer or cost the consumer/technicians anything extra-- it's the learning how to do things the right
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Nahum @ Today at 04:38 PM

Free expromt : http://www.filefactory.com/file/2q2sw99d12ah/n/free_Expromt.mp3
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What's your definition of music? by prout @ Today at 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelWOrganized sound. We survive as a species because we evolved an exquisite ability to recognize patterns. As a result, we also find organization in random data - for example, the constellation patterns in the night sky - t
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harmonic Analysis by Jonathan Baker @ Today at 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: musicpassionDo you use a theory textbook? I have the student purchase "theory" textbooks as references but I teach directly to the music. We will occasionally do certain textbook exercises, but other matters I take d
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SP250 internal speakers by Beemer @ Today at 04:15 PM

If the headphone socket is the cause of the intermittent speaker sound then this probably will affect the sound of external speakers. 1/4" stereo headphone sockets are standard items and have shorting contacts so that when the headphone plug is
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Going from ETD to aural - only octaves, only bass
by pinkfloydhomer
11/25/14 05:28 PM
The less I practice, the better I get :-)
by Mark_C
11/25/14 04:49 PM
Reasons behind notes as letters rather than numbers?
by TowardsTheEdge
11/25/14 04:31 PM
collard & collard
by Bob Newbie
11/25/14 03:39 PM
What's your definition of music?
by juliantoha624
11/25/14 03:21 PM
Forum Stats
77041 Members
42 Forums
159350 Topics
2340748 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission