Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
87 registered (aric, AndrewJCW, Anticlock, BearLake, 28 invisible), 1046 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question on attitude , psychology and piano. by TX-Bluebonnet @ 2 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By keystringI think it's a mix of things. Well, one thing - we aim toward where we think. Years ago when I was a kid, my father was driving us down a country road, said "Look, a beaver!" and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by TX-Bluebonnet @ 10 minutes 59 seconds ago

Hello everyone! I got a lot accomplished today on the piano. Including finishing the following songs: "On Top of Old Smoky", "The Can-Can", and "The Marine's Hymn." I enjoyed re-learning all three of them. Andrew, Tha
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 15th Tchaikovsky Competition, June 10-July 3 by da96103 @ 18 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By newportDid she say it's 'shameful' because she saw an extra 't' in the spelling of the word 'poverty', or did she saw one 't' and insisted on adding an extra 't'? She was upset because people added T to Chaikovsky. (and people
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Another Recording Question by S.H.Lee @ 31 minutes 42 seconds ago

Dear Rich: This is Lee. I hope we can share our recording experience each other. Are you ready your recording devices?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are great ways of finding new students? by ChavoPues @ 56 minutes 44 seconds ago

Hey! I too am from a small town near Baltimore! My setup is really sweet. I work with a small private school and they allow me to give lessons after school and they advertise for me in all of the school's newsletters. Now that I've been there for
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by BruceD @ 58 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By MiguelSousaHi! I am 26 and I have just finished a master degree at CMU, in Michigan. MS : I remember, several years ago, when you were just considering applying to US Universities/Colleges before coming to the United States.
Piano Teachers Forum
Just thought I'd update you all because I'm getting a lot of advice, all of which I've considered before. First off, they didn't email me so I didn't show up on Thursday for the lesson (and neither did they) so the makeup that I offered was a moot p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing two-beat triplet over eighth notes by Nahum @ Today at 12:06 AM

PianogrlNW , what exactly you don't understand?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A different recital by ShiroKuro @ Today at 12:02 AM

They did a great job!! And playing with others, whether it's instruments or vocals or both, is not easy and is a separate skill from playing by yourself. They obviously worked really hard!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Two Part Inventions by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Indigo Dave, enjoyed your music on Sound Cloud. Do you play professionally?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano tech life before cell phones by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

It also was a much stronger market. If you were good you could command a high price. The digitals and weakened middle class has hollowed out the piano service market and many, many other markets as well.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pros and Cons of posting prices paid for pianos. by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Since a Non-Disclosure Agreement is a private contract-Tort Law would apply. The litigant would have to prove monetary damages to get compensation. Not easy to do for a dealer but could be used as grounds to void warranty.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK7L recording test by S.H.Lee @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Dear Kurt & johnlewisgrant : Sure Test #012 is too much reverb, just my first testing of effect. But it's so fun,imagine you are in the concert hall and playing the grand piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Easy Piano Music - when do you stop using this? by Edtek @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

I play mostly pop music from the 30s and 40s (GAS). I tried playing from fake books and my results were awful; RH single note melody and LH chords or 1-5/7 octaves. Really bad. I bought books on how to play from fake books and tried spicing my fa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lucas Debargue by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By FarmGirl I love his Medtner. I agree. It's outstanding.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MODEL MX100B by JJC @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND A CPU/CONTROLLER UNIT FOR A YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MX100B YAMAHA DOESN'T HAVE THESE PARTS ANYMORE. DONT WANT TO THROW THE PIANO AWAY. EVEN IF SOMEONE HAS THIS MODEL AND IT DOESNT WORK FOR DIFFERENT REASON. MAYBE THEY CAN SELL ME
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Bluetooth pedal for my iPad? by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

I use the PageFlip Cicada. Lightweight, easy to pair with all sorts of devices, several modes of operation. I use it mostly with my Dell XPS 18 all-in-one touchscreen desktop/tablet. http://www.pageflip.com/pageflipCicada.html PageFlip Cicada
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Re-learning musc by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

I've had old, vanquished mistakes worm their way back to the surface during the performance of a revival.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Diminished Arpeggios (AMEB) by LookinforDP @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

havee you seen this vid ? Piano Lesson with an Adult Student: Diminished 7th Arpeggios Shirley Kirsten is it E maj scale ?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by carojm36 @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Bump! I finally made the switch from Alfred but wasn't sure where to begin. After perusing both Adult PA all in one books 1 and 2, I went with 2 and am over half way through. Though I never know how long to linger on each piece. I work on one an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tree Through House (not mine) by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

In our (at one time since we have now joined the California drought) moist climate houses that have joined the "Blue Tarp Club" start to get some serious mold issues. YUK!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA 95 V CA 97 by jmacn @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Thanks to all James thanks for the links I will try CA 97 when my dealer gets one
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Unfamiliar concerto at a competition = bad idea? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By albumblatter But I guess the conductors and the musicians alike are used to playing that compared to playing a Reinecke concerto, for example. I don't think a Reinecke concerto (unless it's for flute ) is going to win any pia
Adult Beginners Forum
Johann, I think you are right. I will sight read some of my old pieces, just to hear the combination of sounds that were so pleasing to me then. Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Technichian or Virtual Technician by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

With the post regarding the CA97 and tinnitus, I believe the problem can either be resolved with moving the piano and/or working more with the Virtual Technician (and there also may have been an issue with one of the speakers, if I recall). At any r
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
YAMAHA DISCLAVIER MODEL MX100B
by JJC
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Buying new Dp Help - Yamaha ydp s52
by TigerPaws
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
Why do high-end Casio pianos have less tones than low end?
by FrankCox
Yesterday at 05:53 PM
beware of what before buying an antique Lindeman baby grand?
by Lucylu
Yesterday at 05:28 PM
Re-learning musc
by Isabelle1949
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,877 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,278 Topics
2,423,778 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission