Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Heroic Polonaise help please... by KorbenDallas @ 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusI would do the opposite. Hold the G# in the pedal mostly or at least take the weight off the thumb so you can put on the G# an octave higher. This is was the technique I had been using, doing this once the thumb i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Pianniversary by Johan B @ 2 minutes 51 seconds ago

Phlilp, Congrats..........music will give you so much......I can not think about a life without music..... Cheers, JohanB
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Frank Pinn @ 3 minutes 29 seconds ago

I talk to many different technicians every day. Some are very successful, others are not. You will have to put in the time to first learn the craft to get the knowledge. This will take some time depending on how much effort you can put in to this end
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Experience by panino @ 9 minutes 59 seconds ago

In two days a Kawai technician will come to my home(!) and look what he could do for me. He will have a new pedal in his bag and remove a little splint of wood at a key which is making a slight noise inside (no I donīt have noisy keys). Today I found
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by BrianDX @ 13 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jotur The one thing you might do to combat that is to play easier pieces than your level of playing is thought of, because then it will be easier to play them effortlessly. In fact, The Musician's Way blog emphasizes exactly t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minnesota Marty... by Rank Piano Amateur @ 17 minutes 45 seconds ago

Almaviva has had a great idea here. He was a terrific guy, and I will miss him here on the Forum!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway event by Rank Piano Amateur @ 20 minutes 9 seconds ago

At least this brochure says that new Steinways "rarely" go on sale, instead of "never."
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum by phantomFive @ 22 minutes 20 seconds ago

I've seen dealers tell customers in absolute terms that their piano's value will increase over time. So it's not entirely surprising that some people think they do.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really necessary to practice scales? by Michael Sayers @ 32 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: phantomFive Originally Posted By: pianoloverus Loud means angry?? Well then tell me, what wou
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joint Composition Thread? by dire tonic @ 32 minutes 49 seconds ago

- I looks like my contribution has fallen flat. I think rather than leaping on every opportunity I'll just sit back and watch for a while....
Originally Posted By: Paul678Yes, I checked for hammer swings, as per the other thread. The hammer I checked was about 9-10 swings. Can there be too many swings? Or too LITTLE friction? Yes, there definitely can be too little friction. Think of
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody know roughly the age of this Bosendorfer 200 by Sam4 @ 51 minutes 57 seconds ago

To be frank Joe it really isn't that terrible, it is in good tune and the action is fine. Jamie did say it was pretty much alright to him when he last tuned it a year ago. It is very clean inside and out and looks to have been very well looked afte
Jump to new posts Re: Piano/Organ for small church by anotherscott @ Today at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: bnolsenabout midi and usb...there are plenty of serial port and parallel port and midi port to usb adapters. When USB is finally put to bed you'll find tons of usb to XXX adapters. Even so, these adapters are not always comp
Jump to new posts Re: Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia! by David Farley @ Today at 03:25 PM

First try a different cable. Then find another Yamaha, any Yamaha with a USB-MIDI host if you can't find a DGX650, and try it with all the same equipment. The USB-MIDI interfaces on all Yamaha boards are probably the same. But if you can't find a Yam
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by ando @ Today at 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXOriginally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: BrianDXI recently had a conversation with someone who would know, about how much it would cost a manufacturer like Yamaha to build something like a C3X. The answer was basi
Jump to new posts Re: To bid.....or not to bid by Bob @ Today at 03:02 PM

Ed, the newer buildings are going to 2 acoustics, 2 digitals. Most of these older buildings have 4 acoustic. Total travel miles is about 700. This is the end result when money trumps quality of the job. Bidding for piano work is usually not good
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some Questions About "Piano Magic" by Rerun @ Today at 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: newbertI'm an adult beginner who has taken up piano after a 45 year lapse. As a child I had a few years of formal piano instruction, which taught me to read music and play from scores (only). Although I've picked up much of wh
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do? by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 02:54 PM

"WTC1 B flat minor Fugue - I have memorized the first 14 bars but can't play it well." allow me to say very frankly that you are quite insane, dude. You're trying to run before you can crawl, let alone walk you want to play only Bach? o
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: keystringI looked up "melodica". It actually seems an attractive instrument, which lets you do some things that you can't do on piano, such as changing the intensity of a note during its duration. ... as well as pl
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult beginner, what next? by A Rebours @ Today at 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Morodiene For 3 weeks now I have had very direct conversations with this student, telling her specifically how I think she should practice at home, and each week she comes in not having done any of it, and complaining about her
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by bnolsen @ Today at 01:52 PM

USER LOCATION: Aurora, CO MAKE: Casio MODEL: PX150 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: 399usd DELIVERY CHARGE: free VENDOR LOCATION: NA VENDOR NAME: Musician's Friend PURCHASE DATE: October 2014
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rare 1875 Steinway concert grand by Michael Sayers @ Today at 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich GalassiniI am curious if you hear the treble shortcomings in this piano? Cheers, Hi Rich, The question wasn't addressed to me. Nonetheless I did want to say that with these antique Steinways the thinning and shortening
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by DoelKees @ Today at 01:18 PM

More info: http://persianney.com/misc/False%20beats%20in%20coupled%20piano%20string%20unisons.pdf Kees
Cynthia - I don't know - I'm no expert on Facebook - basically only use it to post piano photos and a few family photos but not much else. I don't see why you could open the photos one time and not the next. However, if you send me a pm with your e
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall by Works1 @ Today at 12:53 PM

Did anyone see Pollini in concert at Carnegie Hall this past Sunday? Very heavy Chopin program. If so, how was it? His Chopin etudes are my favorite.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
Today at 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
Today at 02:28 PM
Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall
by Works1
Today at 12:53 PM
Steinway event
by Radio.Octave
Today at 11:18 AM
Some Questions About "Piano Magic"
by newbert
Today at 10:58 AM
Who's Online
147 registered (accordeur, A Guy, Almaviva, 36 invisible), 1855 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76608 Members
42 Forums
158400 Topics
2326096 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission