Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
132 registered (alwatson, Anne Francis, almondtea, Almar, agraffe, accordeur, 29 invisible), 2042 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DPs Exposed! - Kawai MP7 Lot 142 by lophiomys @ 3 minutes 2 seconds ago

No sorry. Dont remember. The most recent repair was done by qualified service technician. He knew it by heart and was doing it really quick.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Totally and Completely Discouraged by peterws @ 3 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By PhilipInChina You are by no means alone. In fact I imagine that a trouble free path from beginner to virtuoso is possibly unheard of. I guess we`ve all been there, done that . . . .hang on, I`m missing the T shirt . . . .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rhythm question Brahms Op. 118 no. 5 by Anne Francis @ 13 minutes 3 seconds ago

Yes--I was thinking about this just now, and I think bar 4 could be described as a hemiola, but not what comes before.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Classical piano 4 hands by Isabelle1949 @ 22 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BDBLook into the Paraphrases, by Borodin, et al., to see what can be done with Chopsticks! Oh, my Chopsticks. When I was little, my dad and I would play that together on the piano. He was a pipe organ builder/piano repair man
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how do I know if dealer has properly prep the piano? by Steve Cohen @ 23 minutes 27 seconds ago

"Dealer prep" is doing what is necessary to bring the piano into reasonable good condition, in tuning, tone quality, and touch. Some pianos come out of the crate needing little, others need more work. This issue isn't whether or not the d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by jjo @ 28 minutes 52 seconds ago

It's certainly less common for drummers to be a leader, but Art Blakey didn't let that stop him.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paralyzed left fingers by Falsch @ 29 minutes 32 seconds ago

Instead of a chord, you can also try an arpeggio (broken chord). I've played quite a lot of Irish/Celtic Airs from fake books, so there's no left hand (they're mostly written for solo flute or tin whistle). A left hand that works really well is the
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Blue third by Nahum @ 34 minutes 9 seconds ago

I had once analyzed the intonation of Bessie Smith; she had 3 blues pitches between major and minor third and 2 blue fifths . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNWs0LsimFs
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by john f @ 35 minutes 55 seconds ago

I am trying to work out what Joplin has for bass lines. Basically what you are saying. I guess I will get my head around all of this, but lol, not in one day. Glad you mentioned the diminished 7th because I have never known what to play in l.h. exce
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung True, but the issue is proving it. Someone else could claim to have had it first, and claim that you stole it. That's why it's worth your $35 to register a copyright if you write a song. Of course, but I was respon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: protective piano film by Steve Senseney @ Today at 09:56 AM

The finish on guitars can be easily ruined by placing them on the rubber holders on wall mounts. Shellac is not damaged by the plasticizers. I don't know exactly how piano finishes react, but new plastics are developed on a regular basis, with n
Jump to new posts Re: Korg Grandstage by Falsch @ Today at 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By brooster Pianos included: New Italian Grand (assume Faziloi) New Yamaha Upright German Grand Yamaha Grand Austrian Grand Berlin Grand New CP80 New Italian Grand (assume Faziloi) New Yamaha Upright (U1?) German Grand (Steinway?)
Jump to new posts Re: help with a decision ... RD800 or RD2000? by Dave Horne @ Today at 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOut of curiosity, why do you require a receipt? Does the Roland warranty transfer to 2nd users or something? Well, the seller stated that the piano was three months old. In earlier communication (or on the original se
Hi there, I have been a long time reader, but never posted before. I just saw your question and thought I might be able to help. If you start the altered scale on the second scale degree, the b9 of the dominant chord, then you are simply playing a m
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-600 series release date? by Falsch @ Today at 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By hughconwayYamahas are known for the brilliance (i.e. clean, crisp, treble heavy) of their voicing across the range of acoustics and this is mirrored in the digitals. Some love this sound others do not. It *was* mirrored in their
Thanks, I was reading that thread again to see if something about this was mentioned there. I was unable to find it using the search function.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: drug paraphernalia hidden in piano by Ed Foote @ Today at 09:28 AM

Greetings, I began tuning in recording studios fresh out of North Bennett in 1976. At that time, an older blind tuner in town had done all the studio tunings for years, and had never cleaned an action . After starving for several months, I got
Piano Forum
Juat a beginner here, again after 30 years without a piano - though my wife would not stand in the way of a baby grand, our livingroom (and neighbours - especially at this stage lol ) would ^^ We got a fair sized house, but the defined living area
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By rXdWhile I have seen it once in Europe by someone who should know better, in the USA, I sometimes found discolouration on strings near the agraffe and observed piano tuners touching the strings in order to find their way around t
Adult Beginners Forum
xyzzyFL, I'm on those same songs too. I actually don't mind the Hokey Pokey, since I like working on the technical aspect of keeping the LH staccato. The familiar melody makes it easier to concentrate on other things. Space Shuttle Blues is giving
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lacking Emotion by Morodiene @ Today at 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By NotoriSo I just finished another leaaon and... well my confidence took a hit again. I tried my best but was told that what I played lacked musicality. I really just want to give up. I don't know what else to do to improve and whe
Adult Beginners Forum
So it begins! My copy of "Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1", arrived this week. After I had ordered it, I learned about the self teaching version of the book that deletes some theory, but includes addition techniqu
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ Today at 08:32 AM

Thanks for your support guys Anyone as already open his MP7 i need to see the fuses before bringing it The kawai dealer tell me it could be a solution . not such easy at first sight. Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Goss @ Today at 08:32 AM

FP90 does have midi over BT, sheet turning feature and BT audio - its basically the same machine as HP and LX range. This new RD2000 has two expansion slots to expand its already large onboard sound libraries. Also if you read the rest of this by no
Member Recordings
[NEW] Home Sweet Home - Main Menu Theme [SCARIEST THAI HORROR GAME] (Piano Cover by Amosdoll + Piano Tutorial) Horror game / Horror soundtrack enthusiasts! Here is my piano cover on the main menu theme to what is recently known as the SCARIEST THAI
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Paralyzed left fingers
by Sarah64
01/20/17 07:44 AM
Eavestaff minipiano
by foxpianotuning
01/20/17 07:34 AM
Blue third
by johan d
01/20/17 07:20 AM
Yamaha N1 or Yamaha upright or used baby grand?
by Loga
01/20/17 06:43 AM
Theory Question on The Altered Scale (or Dim. Whole Tone)
by Musicdude
01/20/17 04:13 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,316 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,887 Topics
2,590,305 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission