Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Yiruma - River flows in you by a beginner by stylerhun @ 1 minute 14 seconds ago

This is the River flows in you by Yiruma . I love to play the piano more and more. I have just been playing piano for 4.5 months, this is the 5th piece, i have learned by my-self. Check my webpage: http://www.leberlaszlo.hu here you can see
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Antique Piano Shop from TN by Tim Sullivan @ 3 minutes 20 seconds ago

I have restrung many pianos. I agree that the piano shown in the pictures has been very poorly restrung. I'm quite confident that not only will it be nearly impossible to tune accurately, but it will never be reasonably stable. Tim
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Morodiene @ 3 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: casinitalyIf you are sure there aren't pianos where you're staying, then why not try to pack the DP as the very last thing so you can pull it out at the end of the day's drive? I don't see how you can do it otherwise...? I unde
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cahn--"Reflections" by Inlanding @ 5 minutes 0 seconds ago

Andy~ That's a great little tune and the delivery was wonderful. You play so relaxed and patiently, letting it breathe. Hi Phil!! Glen
Jump to new posts Re: On Temperament strip muting, and other things by Mark Davis @ 7 minutes 14 seconds ago

Well, my apologies to all those that are offended to me telling Mark what he can and cannot post. My apologies to Mark too! It is just that one would think that the DSU technique has had at least a thorough hearing here on PW that I was trying to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: This day, last year... by casinitaly @ 7 minutes 34 seconds ago

You're already way ahead of me, so I don't have suggestions for you - but I do want to say happy pianoversary and thanks for sharing your story! Congrats on all your progress!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Advice About Selling a Piano, Time flies...! by Silver Keys @ 9 minutes 19 seconds ago

Try contacting a technician Some of these guys deal too, and they are usually pretty well connected. You'll owe him a fee, of course.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber by scholarr @ 19 minutes 52 seconds ago

I must say I prefer Pandolfi's playing.
Jump to new posts Re: the government and tuning. by Eric Gloo @ 28 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kc_lee... and also do you guys pay taxes. I would think much of piano work can be done "off the books" and not have to pay any taxes or anything, ... If one of your first objectives in starting your own business is t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Midi controller with a good keybed under 1000$ by slowtraveler @ 39 minutes 51 seconds ago

Hi Ov3rload, Based on your stated requirements, I think you've identified the two best choices. If you wanted to consider buying an 88-note weighted keyboard _plus_ a separate MIDI controller, you'd have more options, but otherwise, the two boards y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital - GENERAL DISCUSSION by Pathbreaker @ 43 minutes 19 seconds ago

Just stopped by to congratulate everyone on another fabulous PW recital. I've been super busy lately but I'm listening when I get the chance.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Savante @ 48 minutes 3 seconds ago

Morodiene, That's a lovely recording. The playing and sound are excellent! A great testimonial for the MP11, and Chopin! Savante
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: RachFan When I was a kid, I participated in the adjudicated National Piano Playing Auditions, and for 10 years had to ready 10 to 15 memorized pieces from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionistic and Modern periods. So
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by talfi composer @ Today at 12:43 PM

Ok guys, today I learned something new: I've found this page: http://todayilearned.co.uk/2012/06/14/th...old-at-auction/ At the end of that page, we found that In 2003, a working manuscript of Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony sold for £2.1 million (more
Jump to new posts Re: Shanks with parallel wood grain by kpembrook @ Today at 12:37 PM

This thread is really about why synthetic is the way to go. The weaknesses -- as well as benefits -- of wood are built in.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kawai vs New Ritmuller by Norbert @ Today at 12:34 PM

Quote: Although it's technically subjective which one is better I think most players would agree which piano is better Not necessarily so. Repsectfully this is a typical *assumption* based on Kawai's well known name. Op's opening question did no
Jump to new posts Re: Improving upright repetition by BDB @ Today at 12:26 PM

Lost motion is not what does it; holding the hammer closer to the string does. Wessell, Nickel & Gross used to make upright actions for Mason & Hamlin pianos that had a modification, as did Schwander. None of them are as precise as the Erard
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Tunewerk @ Today at 12:16 PM

Hello Mark, I've spent the last week devoting your tuning theory to practice. Tuning all double strings from the temperament upwards and downwards. Here's what I've found: Although I have an experienced ear, I had a hard time sifting through beatra
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Top selling self-taught pianists? by Brian Lucas @ Today at 12:15 PM

Particularly with singers, but I imagine instrumentalists too, saying "I've never had a lesson" is a good marketing tool to make the person seem more special. Many times it's just a flat out lie. I've known teachers to have to sign confiden
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chord Progressions by Brian Lucas @ Today at 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: keystringIn Canada we call that the "tonic minor" or "tonic major". "Parallel" is an American term. I didn't know it was also used for modes. That's interesting. I didn't know that. Originally Po
Adult Beginners Forum
Az Astro - a simple blues piece would be great! At least from my point of view - I love the variety we get in the quarterly recitals, and I'm definitely a non-classical genre piano player, so those always get my attention. For me, the very best reci
Originally Posted By: Morodiene There is no such things as "finger strength". The fingers don't have muscles, believe it or not! So when you are playing piano on a heavier action, you're not developing strength. However, it is more demandin
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Supporting young student by Cardinal201 @ Today at 11:47 AM

Candywoman, Morodienne, and jdw, yes, I think I may be too involved! But the teacher asks that I practice with my child. She nods sympathetically when I apologize for not being more competent in this regard, but still continues to specifically ask
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest piano piece ever written by Damon @ Today at 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: PolyphonistOriginally Posted By: catersbreaking a piano is not wise. Polyphonist's posts are getting shorter and shorter. Soon he is going to post comments without any writing at all. !deed
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does this sign mean by ryderb @ Today at 11:06 AM

Thank you Morodiene!
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
151 registered (accordeur, Adam Coleman, 36251, Al LaPorte, 45 invisible), 1631 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74248 Members
42 Forums
153580 Topics
2250842 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This day, last year...
by TwoSnowflakes
04/19/14 01:17 PM
the government and tuning.
by kc_lee
04/19/14 12:33 PM
Midi controller with a good keybed under 1000$
by Ov3rload
04/19/14 11:55 AM
Bösendorfer vs Steingraeber
by Keith D Kerman
04/19/14 11:51 AM
Keyboard stand
by david_ka
04/19/14 09:42 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission