Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An aural and visual demonstration of the Skeleton. by DoelKees @ 4 minutes 34 seconds ago

[quote=Mark R.] So, I submit that the question of geometric (correct) vs. arithmetic (technically wrong) is somewhat academic. "Evenly" progressive, whether geometric or arithmetic, appears to be good enough.[/quote] Yes, the difference is
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by A443 @ 5 minutes 36 seconds ago

Yes, Hakki, as a matter of principal, I stand by what I wrote: I am prepared to go to Wisconsin in January to work on that piano--at no cost to the college--and produce a video for the PW forum. Anyone in the area is welcome to shadow me while I work
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer blow distance, dynamic range, controllability by Tunewerk @ 5 minutes 38 seconds ago

Absolutely, if that was requested and paid for.. although that would be at least a full day job to do to high standards and only possible within a small window (including strike, dip and checking). Outside of that window would require a full regulati
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to decide by Grandman @ 9 minutes 53 seconds ago

Very true, digitals age rapidly as technology changes.
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating temperament problem. Advice please by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 10 minutes 0 seconds ago

I am ready and willing to adopt these narrow than typical octaves on small pianos but I just tuned another one. 4:2+ no problem. Interestingly, it tested out as a 2:1 as well. I'm not surprised. I've seen octaves test out as wide 6:3 and concurrently
Jump to new posts Re: Reconditioning 1923 Gulbransen Player, Replacing a Bridge by Ed A. Hall @ 13 minutes 49 seconds ago

[quote=Dan Cravens] Isn't the purpose of using quarter sawn for a piece like the bridge done for stability?[/quote] To better resist cracking.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Scale & Arp exercises that sounds good to people in lounge by FarmGirl @ 16 minutes 35 seconds ago

Hi I just got a new job (was laid off 2 months ago). My new job requires me to go to Denver every other week for 3 days at a time. The hotel has a piano in a lounge. Of course I'm going to ask them to let me use the piano. In the past I tried my bes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Different Keys Without Playing Scales by Starr Keys @ 17 minutes 27 seconds ago

[quote=Greener][quote=jazzwee]Obviously playing scales is but one of many tools but if we shirk our duty here[/quote] [quote]If you have a Teacher and scales are part of the learning curriculum, I would encourage anyone to follow the Teachers' learn
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff Prelude in B Minor by Hakki @ 21 minutes 42 seconds ago

Beware, no constructive feedback here! Learn about it and play accordingly. This is a much more important prelude than you might think off!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFobyhwznng
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about 1975 Steinway L by Anne'sson @ 31 minutes 36 seconds ago

I have a Steinway S that was built in July 1939 and immediately shipped to Rice Music House in Columbia, SC, where my mother purchased it one year later. It has no decal on the soundboard (which is the original one) and no blackening of the letters
Jump to new posts New to Piano World, Seeking Advice on a Spinet Regulation by HelloMrZebra @ 34 minutes 11 seconds ago

Hello, I'm new to the Piano World Community. This place seems like it may be the right place to inquire about my piano repairs. I've been playing piano off and on for 12 yrs and recently I have been wanting to learn more about how the piano actions w
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by scorpio @ 46 minutes 29 seconds ago

I wonder if PianoMan Chuck used the default settings.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Keytop Cleaning by scorpio @ 55 minutes 28 seconds ago

[quote=ttttcrngyblflpp] I am not at all a fan of the pedals: they are way too soft and loose compared to pedals on acoustic pianos, so much so that my feet and toes get tired from pedalling when I play without shoes (which I usually do) on my upright
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie - Equipment Help by spanishbuddha @ 55 minutes 44 seconds ago

[quote=David Farley] ... You'll also find a lot of love on this forum for the Kawai MP11 and the Casio PX-5S.[/quote] Also, staying with Roland, the recently introduced RD800.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: theme and variations trivia question by Mark_C @ Today at 01:09 PM

I thought we already basically did! (Or maybe not if someone didn't put together the hints....)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck in method books. by Morodiene @ Today at 01:06 PM

On a side note, what gives with the quotes not working?
Jump to new posts Re: Quote not working properly by pyropaul @ Today at 01:00 PM

[quote=David Jenson][quote=Hakki]Anybody experiencing this? [/quote]Yup. Sumfin's broke. [/quote] The "Markup" box only seems to allow "without UBBCode/HTML" now, rather than WITH UBBCode/HTML. Strange. Paul.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by Morodiene @ Today at 01:00 PM

[quote=RonaldSteinway]I think it really depends on supply and demand. There are many people who have monies and want to take lesson from the best teachers. They hope that their playing ability will improve. About 17 years ago, Daniel Pollack had
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Haggling over makeup by ezpiano.org @ Today at 12:56 PM

[quote]5) No advance notice needed to terminate the relationship (That will NEVER happen smile )[/quote] Never say never!! :D
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Yes, you are right, I didn't enjoy listening to it. Just leave out this garbage by Godowsky wasting your time and effort and concentrate on the music of the original genius behind it, Chopin!!
Scorpio, I tried to start a thread dedicated to MP11 owners and potential buyers, similar to the thriving MP7 thread I see on this forum, but it ended up as a thread about humidifiers. I will upload my old and current piano settings as well as s
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts DEBUSSY: ONDINE from Preludes Bk. II by Hal Freedman @ Today at 12:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOuTiFxMKQAGtx-jO3Uozkg
Adult Beginners Forum
I don't look at my hands as I try to learn a piece or even when I can play it well. Honestly, looking at my hands is so weird for me, it confuses me. I was taught that the keys don't move, so don't look at your hands. And memorizing comes very
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walter on Craigslist by Benn @ Today at 12:20 PM

Max, as far as I know, the studio model is exactly the same on the inside as the console models. I don't think that there is any trend of people suddenly selling their CW's, I think this is probably just coincidental, but one that is to your advant
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by Glenn Treibitz @ Today at 12:13 PM

This name discussion my be moot because I've been told the initial sell through nationwide and end customer response has been strong and beyond expectations.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (acortot, accordeur, Alexander Borro, Abby Pianoman, 44 invisible), 1618 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157240 Topics
2309441 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scale & Arp exercises that sounds good to people in lounge
by FarmGirl
09/02/14 01:56 PM
New to Piano World, Seeking Advice on a Spinet Regulation
by HelloMrZebra
09/02/14 01:38 PM
Quote not working properly
by Hakki
09/02/14 12:39 PM
DEBUSSY: ONDINE from Preludes Bk. II
by Hal Freedman
09/02/14 12:33 PM
Newbie - Equipment Help
by CuddlyDuddly
09/02/14 11:52 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission