Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
89 registered (Bambers, 36251, Almaviva, amt7565, AZ_Astro, 22 invisible), 1635 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trump stiffed NJ piano dealer by Piano*Dad @ 6 minutes 25 seconds ago

My thread on this was removed (not just locked) in a flash. I posted it as a way to see if other dealers had been stiffed by corporations on large orders. I thought that was an interesting issue to pose to dealers. No dice. The collateral theme
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stiff action----heavy piano action by rysowers @ 11 minutes 28 seconds ago

regulating won't cure a heavy action. The first thing to figure out is the source of the heavyness. There are 3 main culprits: 1. Friction. You can assess friction by looking at the difference between how much weight it takes to get the key to go dow
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations - New/Used vs Grey/Online? by huaidongxi @ 21 minutes 51 seconds ago

cphollis, there probably are a few outstanding grands < 5'5 in. (165 cm), usually with a big price premium however. grands project their sound into the room, but big uprights give the player the sound and vibration feedback. students who have or
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: C. Bechstein Digital Grand software instrument to come by ElmerJFudd @ 22 minutes 27 seconds ago

Yep, itching to hear what they've made here. Kontakt engine is fine, we know it works well with lots of other instruments, so it comes down to the source instrument, recording sessions, and programming. Bring on the demos!
Jump to new posts Re: casio vs korg for realistic sound by ElmerJFudd @ 25 minutes 2 seconds ago

Instruments in this price range, there's not much reason to hem and haw. If you can get your hands on them to try, you'll know right away which you prefer from how it sounds and feels to play. Try, Casio PX-160, PX-360 Yamaha P-45/P-115 Kawai ES
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Encouragement (or told to give up) by Rerun @ 26 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By michaelvi This adds to my theoretical preparation for the next life (which I seriously intend to make happen!!!) It may be unavoidable ... hopefully there are still some pianos and violins around outside of a museum.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for mid-life returning to piano, with guitar. 2 by gracegren @ 33 minutes 23 seconds ago

Sounds like a great idea revisiting the tunes you used to play, and looking at them with new eyes. You also might like Tim Richards' Improvising Blues Piano. His jazz and blues books get excellent ratings here. And. as one who went back to pian
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by Corvus @ 48 minutes 29 seconds ago

I would definitely be interested in reading those articles. Maybe a local university would have a subscription.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Practice Help by Tubbie0075 @ 52 minutes 13 seconds ago

Practising is not just spending x amount of time on the piano for x number of days in a week. Practising is a habit that you develop over time. Practise becomes your daily life that you don't have to be forced or told to do it. It's like brushing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brodmann PE-187 vs Seiler ED-186 vs Cunningham Parlour by Corvus @ 57 minutes 40 seconds ago

I have played several Brodmann PE 187s at different stores. The Brodmann pianos at R. Kassman in Berkely were very well-prepped and a delight to play. Kassman really shows those pianos at their finest. Like everyone else reading this thread, I have
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1/U3 grey market pianos by amt7565 @ Today at 09:31 PM

Thanks. I plan to keep put for 2 weeks before having it tuned. Will report back.
Originally Posted By NotaBeneOriginally Posted By MacyOriginally Posted By NotaBeneQuote:I've thought about replacing my CVP with a silent acoustic for quite a while. My objective would be quite a bit different from most people's reasons. I don't wan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Semi-Detached House by cphollis @ Today at 09:26 PM

Been there, done that. It's a lot of little things, really. Close the lid. Acoustic grand -- put an ottoman with a soft throw underneath. Rugs and carpets with max padding. Heavy drapes. Fabric panels on the walls with absorption underneath. Big
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stiff action(continued) by terminaldegree @ Today at 09:23 PM

Why the new thread? Just keep posting in the original. I'd answer Sally's post if I were you-- she's forgotten more about piano technology than most technicians ever knew in the first place...
Piano Forum
OK, you need a quality instrument for a year. If you find a top-shelf dealer, they can work with you, and it will cost you a lot less than your budget. Forget the shorties, go with a decent size if you have the space. I've worked with dealers wh
Pianist Corner
Here's mine: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/kufm/files/styles/medium/public/201602/Bill-Evans.jpg The Incomparable Bill Evans!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Old Steinway upright- double flanges- question by Prodigal Son @ Today at 09:10 PM

I recently replaced 88 of those old Steinway double flanges; I'm pretty sure they were Tokiwa parts.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stiff action by James Guo @ Today at 09:05 PM

Could the drop and the jack also affect the stiffness of the action?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A question by pianoloverus @ Today at 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By andrew382I'm planning restarting the piano and I was curious how long would it take me with say 1 hour a day to get Chopin's Op.10 no.1 under my hands? I haven't actually fully quit but I continued to play every now and then. Whe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20 Year old Bosendorfer 200 - but never played? by cphollis @ Today at 08:58 PM

Late to this thread, sorry. My new-ish Bose 200 holds its tune in an almost supernatural way. Bought it a bit over a year ago, had it initially tuned, and that was that. Temp and humidity controlled house in Florida. OK, there's one D that has
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a Hamburg Steinway by James Guo @ Today at 08:50 PM

Oh! Thank you so much! So that means we just literally get the 16.6% of the sale price discount! but I still think it's a good deal.
Piano Teachers Forum
Why not a mix of method book and pieces? If a piece is "hard" talk about what makes it hard and what is to be gained by working on that. If a piece is "easy" talk about what makes it easy (skills that are already mastered?) and w
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: New 1899 Bechstein V ... by huaidongxi @ Today at 08:18 PM

congratulations on rescuing a treasure. you'll be rewarded for decades to come, as you surely know.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ Today at 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By ArghhhThis thread is so long, so it's quite possible what I'm looking for is already written above. So sorry! For those of you who moved from PA Accelerated into PA 3A, how did you find the transition? Was there much overlap o
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by Kawai James @ Today at 07:58 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Marko. Good, solid recommendation from Chuck there! Cheers, James x
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Trump stiffed NJ piano dealer
by Corvus
27 minutes 34 seconds ago
casio vs korg for realistic sound
by Bolster
32 minutes 0 seconds ago
FREE Blues Piano Licks
by Greg Lloyd
Today at 07:10 PM
Stiff action(continued)
by James Guo
Today at 06:36 PM
Robert Schumann + Niccolo Paganin
by dolce sfogato
Today at 05:01 PM
Forum Stats
85,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,423 Topics
2,559,115 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission