Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
85 registered (ando, alwatson, accordeur, AndrewJCW, 18 invisible), 1355 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What makes a Steinway a Steinway? by jcgee88 @ 17 minutes 14 seconds ago

The decal?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt vs Rachmaninoff by JoelW @ 31 minutes 29 seconds ago

Let's not make light of this important issue.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Any physical technologies that do what piano strings do? by Groove On @ 41 minutes 11 seconds ago

Are there any physical technologies out there that do what Piano strings can do? (Physical tech meaning not software modeling). I was trying to imagine how to replace the strings with something more compact or easier to deal with, basically an oscil
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Sugar coating" needling? by RonTuner @ 49 minutes 6 seconds ago

My 'Aha' moment about most voicing came to me in the middle of a class with a concert tech... A lot of the traditional methods have been developed for the stage, where the expectation for the piano is to be as stable as possible (both tone and tun
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much should you know about your piano? by Rickster @ 55 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By BeemerFactory strike point setting for my Blüthner C8 note is 2.3mm below the agrafe. Rick, there is no reason for any hammer to strike the capo. Ian You may be right, Ian. But it seems strange that every grand piano I've eve
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By tirtaDoes gx sound similar to sk? I have played both and they have completely different tonality. GX... Clear treble and deep bass. Not much harmonics but that's what makes it sound so clean. It has kind of black/white tone whe
Pianist Corner
Well, I never did have a "good" one per your definition. But I did have an amazing one... However, before him, I started by spending around eight years with a rural small town teacher who essentially just assigned pieces, while I taught m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Piano Practice Challenge by ShiroKuro @ Today at 08:12 AM

Thanks for posting this. It's a great idea. I will get super busy starting the middle of August, but maybe this can help me stay at the piano. I don't know if I'll participate in Twitter though, since I use my Twitter account for work-y stuff... May
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital pianos actions today vs 20+ years ago by Nickeldome @ Today at 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By ZMaestroBack in the mid-1990s I was renting a digital piano. I can't remember if it was Roland or Korg, but it was high end at the time and had weighted keys. Fast forward to today. I was browsing a piano store and tried out a b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relearning Forgotten Repertoire - who's done it? by ShiroKuro @ Today at 07:59 AM

Re page turns, that's why I'm going digital and planning to buy a Bluetooth page turner.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian recital - Sign up thread by Dave Androos @ Today at 07:43 AM

This will be my first recital.....phrrt! To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. Please make sure to use the most recent version when you add y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To share or not to share? by Dave Androos @ Today at 07:21 AM

I will definitely be looking at the recitals here from now on. I'm eyeballing the Russian recital! Mussorgsky time!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about time signatures by Pianoperformance @ Today at 06:59 AM

Thanks keystring...helped me to understand those 6/8, 9/8 time signature better..
Jump to new posts Re: NH vs GHS vs casio Scaled hammer action (casio) by lophiomys @ Today at 06:42 AM

The original Renner action inside the Alpha Piano Alpha Piano Description SCRN
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Einojuhani Rautavaara by fnork @ Today at 06:33 AM

His passing has received the attention it very much deserves here in Finland. Sad to hear about this - an important figure in many ways. And there's certainly a lot of worthwhile piano music in his output, several piano concertos, etc.
Guys, i would like to learn to play a piano and finally narrow my choice to this two (3??) models. Kawai CN34 is older model (CN35 is new one), but i can get nice discount on CN34, so basically, right now at my dealer, it cost maybe two hundred €
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Brand Suggestions by Hendrik42 @ Today at 05:49 AM

You think the difference between the K300 and K500 is that significant? Interesting, my wife thinks so, too, but I do not, so much. For me, the K200 clearly is "not enough", I'd want at least the K300. Technically, the K500 has better spec
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching Advanced Students by bennevis @ Today at 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By Piano PlaygroundThank you for your thoughts, everyone! Another question I have had was brought up here. I wish there was a more universal way of assigning a level to music. Even just to know which pieces are on par with each
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: You want to sound modern & powerful ??? by mischeli @ Today at 05:24 AM

Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Music theory - composition by mischeli @ Today at 05:20 AM

Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer softening BY DIYer by Musicdude @ Today at 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By adamp88Originally Posted By Musicdude Not that it's not reversible: you can lacquer the hammers if you make them too mellow. But it might be better to get close with just the softener. The caveat here is that lacquering ha
I still sell the KS-18Z to my dealers every day. No one has told me anything about a discontinuation of that model. So I'll keep on selling it. As far as weight capacity goes, it's listed on our website with the following specs for weight handling
Jump to new posts Re: Dgx 630 vs px130 by Bolster @ Today at 03:30 AM

BUMP.BUMP
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By keystringIf the OP is like me, he would be starting with quite basic things. The only thing I was reflecting is what was written early on, that having some background in classical theory can be helpful. There will be difference
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many of you own both digitals and acoustics? by Dave Ferris @ Today at 01:18 AM

The CP4 is for gigging mostly. Although I do practice vocals with it, my Neumann KMS-105 and headphones. The phones really put my voice under the microscope. I can't stand to hear an acoustic miced coming through phones. The CP5 sits in our office n
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain, David Rosenthal, Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Why Do YOU Play the Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools
Defining National Piano Schools
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Any physical technologies that do what piano strings do?
by Groove On
07/30/16 08:59 AM
Kawai CN34 or Roland F-140R? (or maybe Casio Celviano AP650)
by misa063
07/30/16 05:58 AM
NH vs GHS vs casio Scaled hammer action (casio)
by Bolster
07/30/16 03:47 AM
"Sugar coating" needling?
by tirta
07/30/16 03:35 AM
EBVT for Concerts, Revisited
by Cinnamonbear
07/30/16 12:28 AM
Forum Stats
84,465 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,224 Topics
2,544,079 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission