Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
115 registered (anamnesis, anotherscott, AZ_Astro, Anita Potter, AZNpiano, Anne'sson, 33 invisible), 1421 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought a VPC-1! Some simple questions by Charles Cohen @ 2 minutes 36 seconds ago

Quote: . . . Any recommendations regarding piano programs? I tried out the pianoteq demo with an older keyboard and to me it felt a bit.. meh. . . . If you tried Pianoteq with the VPC-1, and appropriate velocity curves, it might sound (and feel) be
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading vs Memorizing by RUSS SHETTLE @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By JohnInstead of a single distant goal, how about some milestones? For me at the moment the next one would be being able to do an hour of adequate cocktail bar piano -- whether from memory or the charts, or actually a mix of both -
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My 1985 Yamaha C7 is too loud by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

I have never seen a decent quality grand for which regulation and voicing was not worth the expense, especially not a 30 year old Yamaha. If someone cannot play softly enough for one's satisfaction, that is usually the problem, so it is the first pla
Jump to new posts Happy story about AvantGrand N3 replacement part by Volusiano @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

The transducer attached to my N3's soundboard went bad a few days ago. It makes a buzzing sound when played. Normally it should only vibrate the soundboard and not make a buzzing sound. There's another transducer that looks just like it and it seem
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Another snow day. by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

Maybe it is a bit strange, but I find that snow first thing in the morning gives me energy if I go for a walk...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingerings in the 1800s? by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

I found this fingering a bit confusing the first time, but you get used to it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Fake "Pandora Selfridge concert pianist" discovered by ChopinAddict @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By TheHappyPianoMuseWell in the spirit of this rather delightful sleuthing party, I checked out Joey Townley's "Ghostly Waltz" on You Tube. A lovely lush atmospheric piece which reminds me a little of Pandora/Corentin.
Jump to new posts Re: NSL Analysis of Stability by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Mark, I think your contribution regarding verbalizing the forces contained in the front segment is quite useful. I don't interpret is entirely as you do, using a different lever system than you,but the discussion is and has been helpful in my own wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Nice one SwissMS. Had some mistakes but Prelude is finished which brings me up to 10. Now it's off to the Almand and I'm scaaaaaaared of it.
Jump to new posts Re: Pianodisc install/upgrade pros and cons? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

Hmm, they want a quality instrument (presumably in excellent condition) to satisfy a wide range of tastes, with a good player system already installed (presumably also in excellent condition and not at risk of needing replaced). And they want it for
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Effective practice by Groove On @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

The best thing that happened to my practice is to focus on results, not on the amount of time I put in. That means a lot of self-directed goals where the "end" of practice is when I achieve my goal, not when the clock runs out. It's gotten
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight reading for advanced student by missbelle @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

It is so inspiring to hear a music teacher practice! One hint- never be caught off guard by not knowing what comes next in the student's Lesson Book. Know how to play it, teach it, provide examples, worksheets, theory, exercises, board work, whatev
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Sheet Music Looks Before & After You Practice by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Actually, it's missing the penciled in, erased, and re-written a few times fingerings .... ;-)
Jump to new posts Re: Full Compass partials picture by PaintedPostDave @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Hello Prout. I think the thickening is due to the increasing strength of the fundamental as the key number increases. As you know, there is precious little strength at the fundamental for the low numbered keys. Here is the CLSM for the Bosie 280 whic
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts CLSM for Bosie 280 by PaintedPostDave @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

CLSM for Bosie 280
Jump to new posts Re: Casio px850 vs Casio px860 by Brahms88 @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

More on the "partly new" tones: From Casio's "Press Release" Quote:The new stereo string ensemble tones were developed for this line of Celviano and Privia digital pianos. These string sounds can be played individually or lay
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory in California by Swarth @ Yesterday at 10:09 PM

If they can do anything it's waste money, raise taxes and pass the worst legislation imaginable. This native son has had enough.
Jump to new posts CLSM for Bosie 280 by PaintedPostDave @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

CLSM for Bosie 280
Jump to new posts Re: Two in-tune notes sound horrible when played together?? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

post a recording please.
Adult Beginners Forum
Richard, a great dissection and very useful recommendations. Thank you for sharing your recording and taking the time to explain!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gov. regulations (pending) affecting pianos with ivory... by Patrick Draine @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Hi Sally. I think you forgot a link to the text of the law? Looking forward to reading it. Thanks, Patrick
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Time for another Denver area piano group! by phacke @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By Colin DunnYay! The weather is cooperating, so tomorrow - Saturday, March 7 - is the next Denver Area Piano Group get-together! If you haven't RSVPed here or at the Meetup group, please do so before Saturday morning so I can make
Jump to new posts Line spectrum of Bosie 280 C1 by PaintedPostDave @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Line spectrum of Bosie 280 C1
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by lolatu @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Quote:Originally Posted By lolatuBut, routing the UR22's Line Out into your MP7's Line In, and attaching your monitors to the MP7's Line out would probably work for such a simple set-up, no mixer required. Usually people don't recommend to connect mo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Speed practice - BWV 866 Prelude by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:46 PM

I have found that for me and my students at least, the following process works best to speed something up: 1: Slightly slower than usual 2: So slowly that it hardly sounds like the same piece anymore 3: Slightly faster than comfortable and repeat. I
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy story about AvantGrand N3 replacement part
by Volusiano
03/06/15 11:47 PM
Ivory in California
by Oasismfg
03/06/15 08:13 PM
My 1985 Yamaha C7 is too loud
by EllieYama
03/06/15 07:51 PM
Two in-tune notes sound horrible when played together??
by dax006
03/06/15 07:47 PM
162 Years Ago...
by Plowboy
03/06/15 04:30 PM
Forum Stats
78,429 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,155 Topics
2,380,761 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission