Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by Emmery @ 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bkw58Originally Posted By: rxdI continue to discover tha vastly different ways in which different people hear the same thing. Not only are there more differences than we think but more differences than we can think. This is be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody know roughly the age of this Bosendorfer 200 by joe80 @ 2 minutes 10 seconds ago

That's not typical of the Yamaha sound, or at least shouldn't be! I think in this case the recording technique deliberately brings out the percussive nature of the piano, with the mics close to the hammer strike point, and the fact that he's playing
Jump to new posts Re: Misguided expectations of rebuild? by chasingrainbows @ 3 minutes 7 seconds ago

Ed, so the rebuilt piano should sound very close to my specifications? In other words, given my specs, and the 5 months they spent on rebuilding the piano, he should not have to come back and spend hours on it, is that correct? I did play many of t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos by brahms @ 7 minutes 3 seconds ago

Karl, my friends do live in your town. they will be delighted with this information. you guys have been so helpful. thank you so much.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Forster vs August Forster by joe80 @ 10 minutes 23 seconds ago

Yeah that's kind of what I mean. A great piano that somehow doesn't, doesn't that word which doesn't exist so 'not quite a fit' is the best way of putting it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Barry1963 @ 17 minutes 44 seconds ago

Im going to try and work on something to get in on this, Im sure as a beginner it will be pretty basic
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Ravenscroft by VI Labs… First Look and Sound by Superbaffone @ 27 minutes 1 second ago

I love this vst Body and Soul
Jump to new posts Re: Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms. by Charles Cohen @ 43 minutes 4 seconds ago

Quote: I felt like god. Just don't get confused -- _feeling like God_ doesn't mean that you _are_ God.<g> A suggestion: . . . Put the computer behind you when you play. You want to concentrate on the sound you're making, not on the notes a
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Beemer @ 46 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OlekOriginally Posted By: DoelKeesOne thing seems clear. Understanding unisons is not rocket science, it's much more complicated than that! Kees It seem to be much time consuming, and necessitate expensive equipment (plus a
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more... by Radsurfdad @ 48 minutes 26 seconds ago

I love the action on my K4EX. It is tight and very responsive. No bounce or lag. Keyboard feel is very subjective so you need to play it for yourself. The K4 has 9 programable sliders which I use as a set of Drawbars that control my VB3 Hammond Organ
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Typical % markup on price dealer pays for a piano by pianoloverus @ 51 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FurtwanglerOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: michaelhaMy guess is wholesale is 50% of SMP. The question was how does wholesale compare the the maker's cost. Also, if wholesale is 50% of SMP that would see
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven piano keys by OperaTenor @ 58 minutes 1 second ago

Rickster speaks sooth. NBD.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: You must like every major composer by MALDI_ToF @ Today at 12:20 PM

I am not a big fan of Mozart.
Originally Posted By: R_BI am NOT up to date with all this, but if you go the software route with a GOOD keyboard, e.g. Kawai VPC there are a couple of things to bear in mind a) The "open" architecture allows updates/upgrades over time as t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Peyton @ Today at 12:01 PM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possi
Originally Posted By: BDBOriginally Posted By: proutOriginally Posted By: OlekHere is what I call the pinched tone : http://youtu.be/-VdACbRfrSI No way to modulate the tone, unless the UC pedal is used. Each unison is saturating in the attack even
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Which Books did Chopin Study? by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Vid Originally Posted By: JoelWOriginally Posted By: BatuhanSo just playing all of the pieces in WTC makes you Chopin? Yes. Wouldn't that make you Bach? it did make Bach's own sons into something quite different
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos of Downton Abbey by Miguel Rey @ Today at 11:38 AM

The Castle actually has a old Steinway. I remember seeing a behind the scenes episode with the actual owners and residents of the estate. I also remember an episode where they had a vocal recital and a grand was in the episode.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading books or resources for a beginner? by ShiroKuro @ Today at 11:33 AM

Quote:This brought another question to my mind: How much and how often should I practice sight-reading? Well, different people will suggest different things, but I would say, for "how often" it should be daily or as close to every day as p
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Sounding Strings at Break by lamhfhada @ Today at 11:30 AM

Hi there sorry for the late reply I was away from the piano for a few days. I have tried plucking the strings and they still sound dead compared to the other strings in the bass section. So Im guessing my problem is in the string and not the hammers.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Wrist by TimR @ Today at 11:26 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_zRmb-0u0
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Strings at Break by lamhfhada @ Today at 11:19 AM

Strings at Break
Jump to new posts Re: Something is missing... by EmptySpace @ Today at 11:09 AM

Looks like the stellar labs 555-13830 to me. I use it for my VPC1 and am truly impressed. Very solid, no movement, shaking, etc. Plenty of leg room, adjustable height. Very easy set-up. Not really meant to be portable. I bought it for around $4
Jump to new posts Re: calling all users of Ivory II American D by Pathbreaker @ Today at 11:02 AM

It sounds lovely with default settings and after ruining it I just return to default and try again. While it sounds good at default, it can be better but most importantly it's not properly responsive to my actions without some help. But that's just m
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: jdw Do you have a teacher who can help you correct your technique? Having pain is definitely not normal, but exercises will often bring it on if there's an underlying problem. Today I just worked with a student worked on brea
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Uneven piano keys
by shah
10/23/14 08:57 AM
Forster vs August Forster
by eazydyonizy
10/23/14 03:43 AM
Grigory Sokolov releases album
by wimpiano
10/23/14 03:11 AM
Lindblad Steinway rebuilt pianos
by brahms
10/23/14 02:54 AM
Got the VPC1! Hooked up the Ivory! Played Brahms.
by TwoSnowflakes
10/23/14 02:13 AM
Who's Online
144 registered (anamnesis, ajames, anotherscott, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1576 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76623 Members
42 Forums
158439 Topics
2326798 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission