Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (anamnesis, Almaviva, AndreiN, alfredo capurso, ando, acortot, 38 invisible), 1404 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to Polyphonist? by Svenno @ 1 minute 48 seconds ago

Yes, that thread. I got banned along with him, though mine lasted for just a week(probably since that was my first ban; I'd expect it was not his first.) Contary to my earlier experiences with him, this time I couldn't fully contain myself and I ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For when you've had it with music theory.... by Ataru074 @ 3 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By Ataru074It's like learning a language without knowing the grammarKids do pretty well at this and many go on to use language in extraordinary ways without so much as having parsed a sentence. Readin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales/Arpeggios/Block Chords Book? by Medden @ 18 minutes 23 seconds ago

Only had a quick skim through, is that what he refers to as English or French style fingering? The exercise I read offered two alternative fingerings.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tightening plate bolts on a grand by Ed Foote @ 18 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By David JensonOriginally Posted By Withindale Isn't a happy medium achievable with a torque wrench? No. If you have to ask, it's best to leave it alone. I agree. If you just have to, it is best to only snug them in the summer,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to control a PC virtual piano from Yamaha CLP-585? by Frédéric L @ 25 minutes 58 seconds ago

My ground loop noise was created also with both MIDI and no USB. It was one of the MIDI plug which was inserted half way in order to connect the 2 pin which send data to the piano and not the ground which seems not isolated in my Yamaha. Then the adv
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by R_B @ 27 minutes 44 seconds ago

I put it in double quotes as a somewhat manufactured term. I don't recall ALL of what I have read on it, but there are references (somewhere) to Uni Toulouse and some large scale modeling work that has been done there. One of the Modartt team (Julie
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Raindrop Prelude Study –Who’s in? by Medden @ 29 minutes 22 seconds ago

Wow, great responses. Appreciate the in depth explanation of the Augmented B. I tend to only think about music theory once I can play a piece, which I'm sure is putting the cart before the horse. Holding down two notes with middle fingers, while r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sohmer Upright piano model 34A by Steve Cohen @ 47 minutes 22 seconds ago

Rich is right, the 34 was one of the better consoles of that era.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozetich Prelude - short Canadian piece by Pogorelich. @ 54 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By PianamateurJust wanted to add my little voice to the thank yous for posting! Its a lovely piece and your last posting of it inspired me to pop over to the CMC and pick up a copy of the score when I was over in Toronto for a scien
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Should I apply for bachelor or master degree? by Pogorelich. @ 58 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By carey I guess my experience was unique. I miraculously beat out over 100 applicants to be hired as an Instructor of Music at a small liberal arts college 40+ years ago for a whopping $8K per year. I remember that positions wer
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Romantic era pieces (for beginners to intermediates) by hreichgott @ 59 minutes 3 seconds ago

Tcherepnin, Gretchaninoff and some other Russian composers wrote a number of teaching pieces in late Romantic style that would be accessible to late beginners/early intermediates. You might want to look at a few things by them. It's a different world
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Recitals by UNKNOWN pianists. by anotherpianoplayer @ Today at 08:49 AM

I'm just so glad I recognise some of the names. Phew!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RP401 or Kawai CN25 ? by Nitran @ Today at 08:47 AM

Thanks, James. I had an opportunity to try just CN24 and Roland HP504 (so older version vs higher one). I am not a pianist (I play guitar), but still the action and sound of Kawai seemed to me better. But there are very nice reviews of Roland RP401 (
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a soundcard for VST playing on my setup? by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 08:42 AM

MIDI-OX is also a handy utility for narrowing down MIDI message issues. Just a side note.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 6 month intensive study - what to do? by hreichgott @ Today at 08:31 AM

What's been most helpful for me is either working extra intensely on the lesson pieces or spending a lot of time sight-reading or learning easier "fun" pieces. Intense work on lesson pieces means you move a lot faster in your lessons and in
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing stage piano by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By deypoThanks, Mp7 weights 21kg (46 lbs) that's more than what I'm looking for. I'll take a look at CP40 and FA08 and kawai ES100. I'm not sure if they are portable enough. I own a Roland FP4, I like the piano but I don't really
Jump to new posts Re: sluggish action in Weber vertical by Patrick Draine @ Today at 08:25 AM

More information on the piano is generally more helpful when asking for assistance. "Weber vertical" can indicate a 120 year old upright made in the US, or a new or 30 year old piano manufactured in Korea. I assume you are referring to the
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by UnrightTooner @ Today at 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By GadzarOriginally Posted By UnrightToonerDoes Mr. Butler have AP, like Mr. Stopper and BB have? Hmmm I don't think so, he used a tuning fork to set A4, he then checked with F2, and finally he raised A4 to make a pitch correct
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An alarming trend: Memorizing is out of fashion by hreichgott @ Today at 08:11 AM

Originally Posted By Molto lombardoBack to topic: this month one of my pupils will play in a final exam with sheet music in front of her. One member of the jury will probably fail her or give lowest marks. Can't postpone the exam, because she will qu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3 by terminaldegree @ Today at 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesThe S series was discontinued (but not end of sale) at the same time and no longer made. Any you may come across are old stock. The previous S series and C series sounded alike. The current CF series and CX series sou
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 1000 dirty pianos by Davepost @ Today at 08:04 AM

I recently tuned a piano for a piano teacher whose husband is a playwright. He was editing a play written by a concert artist entitled "1000 dirty pianos". In it he described the sad condition of grand pianos he was required to play in hi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Saloon Piano" Sound in a Modern Recording by Almaviva @ Today at 07:49 AM

Thanks, Rich. Apparently this kind of piano sound I am clumsily trying to describe is not confined to Decca recordings made in the 1970s. Shortly after I created this thread, I bought a recording of the Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto - the one Emil Gil
A good link to an article or video would be good about arm weight (google returns loads of results...what one to trust tho?...) With guitar you use your arm and shoulders to help the fretting hand. I'd imagine it's along the same lines
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Influencing Digital Piano Manufactureres by ando @ Today at 07:43 AM

Originally Posted By anotherpianoplayerAm I the only person who has come to the conclusion that digital piano manufacturers should listen more to the consumers? Surely it's an essential part of marketing! Perhaps it isn't easy for them to assess co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by sinophilia @ Today at 07:39 AM

Moonsh1ne, that piano must be a very good excuse to practice like crazy, it's just lovely. I for one have been practicing more since I got my piano's hammers back, it's a huge motivation. Here's my Wally in case somebody forgot how he looks
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1000 dirty pianos
by Davepost
Today at 08:04 AM
sluggish action in Weber vertical
by Davepost
Today at 07:53 AM
Influencing Digital Piano Manufactureres
by anotherpianoplayer
Today at 06:48 AM
April Piano Bar
by kenjazz
Today at 06:25 AM
Playing notes at the same time
by Badinage
Today at 05:35 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,727 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,903 Topics
2,391,084 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission