Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Haydn 33rd Sonata in C minor Hob XVI/20 by BachMach2 @ 10/17/14 06:52 AM

A tricky little sonata. Here, though not without errors, quite a nice performance when compared with others available. Haydn Sonata in C minor (L33) Hob XVI/20 https://app.box.com/s/c5bs6kbt7uuy6xflq1pe https://app.box.com/s/29659xwlsjt6pumk3hni ht
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Beethoven sonata 31 Op 110 movements 2 & 3 by BachMach2 @ 10/17/14 06:48 AM

I already recently posted the first movement. Here is the scherzo and extended fugue "Beethoven style". My comparative failings in the reverse fugue lets things down, but otherwise musically uplifting. I will reissue the entire sonata soon
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Next model of KAWAI CA95? by vcsel @ 10/17/14 06:18 AM

Thank you for delicate opinion!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "sand" blasting action parts, keys, etc by jinorden @ 10/17/14 04:29 AM

Olek, glad you think so. Still, not as light as new, but looks really nice. I bought 40kg soda in 1kg bags, for aprox 60, but you will have problems finding for less than double. Suction. The equipment has two electric motors with fans, one suckin
Jump to new posts True Keys Pianos VI Labs for sale! by Jul @ 10/17/14 04:28 AM

If someone is interested I'm selling True Keys Pianos. I just don't need it any more. Here is link to ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Keys-Pianos...=item2a45df15e9
Jump to new posts Re: Sustaining vs Dead On Unison by casinitaly @ 10/17/14 04:16 AM

For the last time - enough with the personal insults. . If you can't carry on a discussion without being rude then don't participate. Some are already suffering the consequences of not being able to manage this. I think this thread is probably do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha M22 1985 by DeadPoets @ 10/17/14 03:19 AM

Thanks. And I agree based off my other research. The place is known to be a ripoff.
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Maxpiano @ 10/17/14 02:00 AM

Hey dewster, it happens to everyone's life that conditions (and interests) change and you need to give space to some new things and as a consequence drop others. I wish to thank you for the good and hard work you did so far, setting a rigorous metho
The regulation triangle : Peace, love, happiness! Sorry I mean thinking, training, working hard. PS Mark, efficiency of aftertouch on verticals is not exactly as on grands. While having a correct gap to begin with is necessary, I relate
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (Piano Cover) by Mr. Pianoman @ 10/17/14 01:33 AM

Hey piano friends :-) I made a new instrumental cover of Ed Sheeran's new single Thinking Out Loud. Have a look on my piano interpretation - hope you enjoy it!
Piano Forum
Many congratulations! Your playing is quite sensitive, clean and beautiful. Looks like your piano has found a happy home! Wonderful! I aspire to play this way.
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Ragtime Piano At Its Best - on the Cape! by Piano World @ 10/16/14 10:42 PM

Our own Sue Keller is performing on Cape Cod with a group of her very talented friends. If you love Ragtime Piano, it doesn't get any better than this! October 25 - October 26 Oct 25 at 2:00pm to Oct 26 at 7:30pm The Church
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to properly store a digital piano in its box? by Sand Tiger @ 10/16/14 10:03 PM

I might suggest a roll or two of plastic food wrap to add an extra layer of cheap humidity protection. If it is stored in damp storage space, mold, mildew can form on cardboard and it ruins the box and packing materials.
Jump to new posts Re: Upright regulation: Even after touch or let-off or dip or... by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 10/16/14 09:34 PM

For what it's worth, I will regulate for even aftertouch, because that is what I feel. (You asked for priorities between let off, blow, dip, and aftertouch, but you said that this was assuming let off was not even according to some specs you read,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Extra length by Miguel Rey @ 10/16/14 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: Miguel ReyOriginally Posted By: PhilipInChinaI can see, and hear, the difference between a baby grand and one a foot longer. How much difference does extra length make to quality as the piano get
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting to different piano actions. Help!1 by Arghhh @ 10/16/14 06:44 PM

Also I've found I have a tendency to over-react. I might think when first playing on a different piano that it is extremely different and hard to control, when in fact it turns out to be just different and slightly hard to control.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Legend of 1900 piano by Plowboy @ 10/16/14 06:17 PM

If want to be really impressed, listen to the real Jelly Roll Morton. On the Alan Lomax recordings, he even plays a bit of classical, he definitely had the touch.
Jump to new posts Re: Regulating tool question by Olek @ 10/16/14 05:29 PM

As for mortises, it is a fast tool suitable for soft woos, but the japanese pliers on the same page, or the German pliers KPL- 5F which can be used without dismounting the keyboard, are really perfect. the Japanese pliers because they push more in
Jump to new posts Vince Guaraldi tune rearranged on the Korg Kronos by Arizona Sage @ 10/16/14 04:55 PM

A rearranged version of the Vince Guaraldi song, "The Great Pumpkin Waltz" recorded on a Korg Kronos X88. https://soundcloud.com/kevin-sage/the-great-pumpkin-funk
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-assessing my goal by dmd @ 10/16/14 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: shahMaybe I should slow down a bit and try to enjoy the whole learning process. Well, you got that right ! Learning to play piano is not a sprint to the finish line. It is a life-long marathon. You never reach the end. Inco
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions on "contemporary" pieces and composers by Doritos Flavoured @ 10/16/14 03:40 PM

contemporary meaning old composers from first half of last century ^_^ any chance some jazz standards are already old enough and fixed enough in a sheet with less improv to be considered classics?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I too bought sight unseen from Rick Jones by Troy 125 @ 10/16/14 02:41 PM

Ha, nobody reads my posts.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Birdcage Piano Joy by chernobieff @ 10/16/14 02:33 PM

Hi Chris, That is correct. The piano was in unplayable condition when it was abandoned. I convinced the new owner that it was salvagable. Giving me a very low budget I was able to make it a playable piano and save it from the junk yard. The bar that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lang Lang piano academy course books.... by 8 Octaves @ 10/16/14 02:08 PM

I find Lang Lang plays with an incredible quality of sound but amazingly difficult to watch. He is such an incredible musician but his mannerisms get in the way because often they are not even appropriate like grinning through a sad passage, but his
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My C. Bechstein baby grand by musicpassion @ 10/16/14 01:50 PM

A piano's value is as a musical instrument. So it's condition as a musical instrument will largely determine it's value. As you may already be aware, C. Bechstein is a very highly regarded piano builder but with an instrument that old it might be w
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
calling all users of Ivory II American D
by dire tonic
Today at 08:29 AM
Staying in one position for too long - tension
by DeadPoets
Today at 06:07 AM
Cleaning strings
by PhilipInChina
Today at 05:10 AM
recording digital piano
by johan d
Today at 03:38 AM
Ambitious Jazz beginner
by Ruan
Today at 01:10 AM
Who's Online
120 registered (anotherscott, accordeur, Arizona Sage, beeboss, Anne'sson, 30 invisible), 1400 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158410 Topics
2326316 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission