Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
64 registered (AZNpiano, alx55, agraffe, AZ_Astro, andyvn579, 13 invisible), 997 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1921 C. Kurtzmann baby grand 5'8" by pianobroker @ 02/04/16 03:18 AM

That Kurtzman grand is a pretty decent piano as for it's structural build. Fully restored it would be a fine example of a quality vintage American piano. That grand is a cosmetic copy of the Steinway M. I believe it was 5'7". We've restored a fe
Piano Forum
Thank you both. We might be moving to a bigger place fairly soon where I'll have a nice spot for it, once I find it, that is.
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My Steinway XR by phacke @ 02/04/16 02:31 AM

Wow, very cool story. Nice Piano. I'm excited for you. Best wishes-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Max Adolph Baby Grand Piano (pre WWII) by BruceD @ 02/04/16 01:47 AM

My Canadian $.02 on this (only worth $.0145 U.S. at today's exchange rate) is that it doesn't look, from the images, that this piano is coming from a "piano-friendly" environment where it might have received loving care. This is all the mor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampp-Chaser Cost by jdott @ 02/04/16 01:13 AM

The prices quoted here aren't a lot less than a whole-house humidifier. I'm in Colorado, which is generally a very dry climate due to the altitude. BruceD's comments make a lot of sense to me, and one of the worst things that can go wrong with a pi
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Ballad and Burner - Like 2 People in Love! by Dfrankjazz @ 02/03/16 11:56 PM

Enjoy this introduction to a new master class - Beginning Jazz Improvisation Pt.4-Passing Fancies: Using Chromatics in Your Lines. https://youtu.be/EZbgfipmNqA
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano action brands by jdott @ 02/03/16 11:52 PM

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Feurich 218 with Harmonic Pedal by WhoDwaldi @ 02/03/16 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By iLawI tried out the harmonic pedal and could not find any use for it. Otherwise the piano was OK. Not what I was looking for, but I had to try out the pedal. Larry. Harmonic pedal would possibly have been useful for playing K
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Disappointed after buying Yamaha CP4 by Fer De Armas @ 02/03/16 08:55 PM

Hi, are you tried Kawai MP7 and Roland RD800?...
Originally Posted By acortotI tried to back-up all the arguments with sources https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMgT1xeOoXA Thank you for posting this, it's very interesting know of the differences. Coincidentally, my aunt recently just inherited an
Jump to new posts Re: What's equal beating stand for in EBVT? by Weiyan @ 02/03/16 08:01 PM

Thanks for the inputs. After roughly viewing the posts, have some thoughts. I am experiencing various wt, especially Thomas Young EBVTIII. Not seldom have quoting from Owen Jorgensen that Young is preferred. EBVTIII is popular and is nice with mach
Piano Forum
Hello there Rick! Sorry for the late answer heh! Yeah I agree with everything you said, and well I appreciate your insight and thoughts, really do
Piano Forum
Hi, I've been looking at a Schiedmayer C30-190, serial nr. S128193, after 1980. According to the info I found here, it was made by another company, most probably Kawai. Anyone have opinions on these these grands? In a large showroom, (acoustics si
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Grand Feel key clinic by Galuwen @ 02/03/16 03:59 PM

Hello Folks, today was "service day" - the friendly service technician from KAWAI was here! After some quick adjustments of the hammers and a magic "de- and re-lubrification" of the hammerhinges my piano is now "brand new&q
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing an intermediate Clementi Sonata by AZNpiano @ 02/03/16 03:24 PM

The Op. 4 Sonatas are pretty easy. Some nice movements hidden in that bunch.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67 keyboard responsiveness/pianissimo by Frédéric L @ 02/03/16 03:10 PM

About Clavinovas, only NWX and GH3X have escapment simulation. The GH3 of the CLP525 has not this feature (the NW is found only in the previous CLP series : CLP4xx).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New here and so excited by INBoston @ 02/03/16 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By torquenaleWelcome! This is a very helpful place, not only for technical advice: when your motivation is dropping, come here and you will feel better That's exactly what I am hoping. I went through and listened to the last r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Steinway Duo-Art XA model by Carlo G. @ 02/03/16 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniCarlo, Has there been any work done to the Duo-Art? Does it play? Is it noisy? Has there been any work at all done to the piano? I love the reproducers and a video or recording would be great! Good luck, Hi Rich
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts C Major Improvisation #1 by VladimirM @ 02/03/16 01:42 PM

Hello, I am adult beginner in piano. I use a Yamaha YPG-535 keyboard and I record directly into my computer. This link is an improvised piece in the key of C Major. https://soundcloud.com/vlad-motchoulski/c-major-improvisation-1 I have never taken
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The faster chromatic scale fingering by wouter79 @ 02/03/16 12:01 PM

Can you please clarify, 1. 1231234 seems unusual when starting on c (I assume we are going up). You then end up with thumb crossing over 3 to reach d# 2. These are only 7 notes, where you need at least 12 if you repeat the pattern every octave. Just
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Waltz Op. 64 no. 2 (recital) by boogiewoogie123 @ 02/03/16 11:44 AM

Thanks I will keep it up I really enjoy it
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Attracting better students by AZNpiano @ 02/03/16 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By cmybliss The remark, coupled with your search for the "early bloomers" seemed to suggest that you were not so interested in the less "intelligent" kiddos as they tend to just plod or give up. I also teach ext
FAQ Thread Suggestions
Jump to new posts PW on my mobile by fatar760 @ 02/03/16 10:28 AM

Hi, Can someone tell me if there is an app for piano world, or a mobile version of it, that I can use on my Android? The only way I can open up the site on my phone is via a browser, which takes ages to navigate through....
Jump to new posts Re: Chairs? by Charles Cohen @ 02/03/16 09:35 AM

I took a Roc'n'Soc drum throne seat (similar to yours) and mounted it on a rolling base from an old office chair. I kept the hydraulic height adjuster. I love that seat. So I think you're pretty close to "ultimate" right now. It woul
Jump to new posts Comparing Roland HPi-50e and Yamaha CVP-701? by viettube22 @ 02/03/16 08:33 AM

Hi everyone, I have planned to buy the Roland HPi-50e but then I saw some YouTube videos of the new Yamaha CVP-701. And I love them both. Regarding the piano sound, could you pls let me know if the Yamaha is really better? My sincere thanks,
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168
by jimusic
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
What is a tone spreader ?
by Winkplay
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Quirky Microphone Inharmonicity Measurements!
by johnlewisgrant
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
Best way to remove a hammer butt?
by Justice Post
Yesterday at 06:10 PM
looking for youtube songs in different keys
by hast66
Yesterday at 06:03 PM
Forum Stats
82,517 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,354 Topics
2,493,458 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission