Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: UBB code problems by Retsacnal @ 09/27/14 12:24 PM

Somebody's working on something. I'd post a link to the other thread in which it's also being discussed, but links seem to be turned off too... ;)
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Piano Competition by chrisbell @ 09/27/14 11:43 AM

FYI Only for those between 15-25 and whom are American citizens.
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Thank you Michael, I have long been a fan of this builder. Once had the chance to play the Methuen music hall Walcker which is fantastic though in a ver small room given the organs size. Gerhard Walcker-Mayer advised me in the installation of a sma
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unison detuning? by SMHaley @ 09/27/14 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed Foote The clarity of the unison isn't something I want to compromise Sadly Ed there isn't a "thunderous applause" icon I can reply with.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Am. Ivory II Sound Quality Differences by Chrisl @ 09/27/14 11:03 AM

That must be a pc? No such file found on my mac
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some guidance as a beginner by kennyz @ 09/27/14 10:25 AM

Opps...almost forgot, another good one for the arsenal is A guide to restringing by John Travis. It's not much on actions, but is a great reference on stringing scales and formulas for wire diameter, vs tension vs tone and the like.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My piano has a new home by Phil Greenough @ 09/27/14 08:59 AM

Here is an new picture of the piano room. I've put a rug under the piano and a throw over the chair, this has reduced the resonance of the piano to acceptable levels. Putting up a few more pictures didn't help, but I like them. [img]http://i4
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CE220 CA65 cabinet vibrations by Phil Greenough @ 09/27/14 08:24 AM

Hi Origen. I have the CA65 and play it at about level 3. If I played it at level 8 it would be too loud for me. Having said that it is in a wooden shed, here is the link to where it lives. I would certainly recommend the CA65. http://www.pianowo
Jump to new posts Re: Turning a P-105 into a Clavinova? by Possum SP280Krome @ 09/27/14 08:01 AM

Originally Posted By: TrollToddingtonYou should also consider the Yamaha YDP-142 As I was reading this, the same thought crossed my mind. I enjoyed trying out the YDP-142 and despite hearing often from people that one should do the 162; I find sitt
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff: Prelude in C-Sharp Minor Op3. No.2 by ChopinLives81 @ 09/27/14 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Louis Podesta I have lost track of the times I have posted this link, but, in that it is a great piece, I will do so again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXGSfJn3nKQ Enjoy. While it is amazing to have the composer himself p
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts hammers by Chris Leslie @ 09/27/14 07:07 AM

Gors and Kallmann hammer
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing missing Hammers..... by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 09/27/14 06:20 AM

If you really want to learn how to do piano repair I suggest replacing all the hammers. The best thing I ever did was get a beater piano and completely rebuild it. The only thing I did not do was replace the soundboard, replace the pin block, and re
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Madison Street Jazz by michaelha @ 09/27/14 03:02 AM

Madison Street Jazz
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Soundboards and vibrating tables by phantomFive @ 09/27/14 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTHave we met? Have you heard my rebuilt pianos? We've never met. You've described how you rebuild pianos and I admire it. Though your manner of talking is sometimes rather prickly.
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi All! Hope everyone's well WJ3 - Congrats with Book 2! While I've got a long way to go I'm looking forward to tackling Cannon. Earlofmar is correct, so long as you're enjoying yourself then time is never an issue. Gravity Blues- All go well
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 4th finger of my right hand by outo @ 09/27/14 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: hobbyi will try to post a video some time, but i do not have piano but a small keyboard. If you are playing on a small keyboard instead of a piano, the reason might be your posture more than strain on one finger. When nerves a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the benefits of warming up with scales by Ted @ 09/27/14 12:17 AM

These days I do not "warm up" at all. Ten minutes on my Virgil Practice Clavier, morning and night, seems to maintain my technique at a high enough level for my purposes. I devise my own exercises on it directed at sounds I enjoy during imp
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: DVD piano audition and decision of juries by Sand Tiger @ 09/26/14 11:43 PM

It is like so many other things, there are a bunch of factors. What comes to mind is college admissions. A certain grade point average at a rural school in West Virginia is going to be different from a top private school in Washington D.C. There are
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gershwin Piano and UM by Rich Galassini @ 09/26/14 10:45 PM

Very cool video. Thank you for posting!
Jump to new posts Re: JBL LSR305 monitors too noisy for DP usage? by Emiliano @ 09/26/14 10:42 PM

Thanx Markmarz...I think it has to do with the grounding of the plug....I'm pretty persuaded to get the JBL
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: hreichgottJust wanted to add that I'm totally in favor of keeping learned pieces in repertoire, continuing to improve them. However, I do want the first time learning a piece to result in the ability to play it successfully star
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Measuring Humidity? by JohnSprung @ 09/26/14 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Hakki Be careful with this salt water calibration thing. The salt destroys some digital hygrometers, so check the instructions first.
Jump to new posts Re: Improving room temperature and humidity by kennyz @ 09/26/14 07:10 PM

You might be able to place an aluminum baking tin with water in it on top of the radiator for some added humidity, just make sure it won't spill....especially in the piano! :-) also they sell small fans designed to reclaim heat from a chimney. They
Pianist Corner
Ballet class accompanying is probably one of the more lucrative undertakings. There are VERY few good accompanists out there. All the Russians I have heard have been awful. When they play American music, it sounds like something is wrong with the
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: dukesup1978I am looking for a piano teacher in the Los Angeles area whom offers private lessons. I am a violinist with some experience playing piano but looking to improve.Ultimately I would like to compose original compositions
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music stores in Boston
by Jamie_from_Canada
44 minutes 15 seconds ago
Need a stool of some kind
by GeorgeStorm
Today at 09:19 AM
Schoenberg's Kammersymphonie Op. 9 (for piano)
by jeffreyjones
Today at 08:48 AM
Old Schumann Upright
by UnrightTooner
Today at 08:24 AM
For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)...
by mrmacmusic
Today at 07:38 AM
Who's Online
150 registered (ajames, accordeur, aesop, Al LaPorte, 38 invisible), 1471 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76385 Members
42 Forums
157919 Topics
2319221 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission