Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (Anita Potter, Bellicapelli, 36251, anamnesis, 20 invisible), 1074 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: . by DanS @ 02/28/15 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By maitaiThis is my first post although I've been reading posts in this forum for some time. My wife has decided that our child needs a grand piano. It took some time and effort but we now agree that an upright will do for the next
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: SampleTank for iPad Question by newbert @ 02/28/15 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By MaxpianoNot sure I understand, but the easy way to do it is to create your Sampletank programs, setting in each the instrument and the volume you want, then save it a as Sampletank preset (that you can recall manualky or via MIDI
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: repetition spring center pins.... by kennyz @ 02/28/15 08:53 AM

Yep...I managed to get one out without totally killing it. It's red w/ the white thread mics out abot .033, and like I said no pin at all. I've gotta run ( Have to help cousin move today) I'll post some pics later. Ken
Pianist Corner
This is really impressive. I've been a Nosferatu fan for a good many years, so I know the film quite well. I've even tried improvising along with parts of the film, but could have never equaled Ms. Montero's rendition.
Piano Teachers Forum
Seems like an interesting site. I think it would be great for adults with some prior training. I will definitely check it out. I really like the idea of having a personal teachers though. For many reasons. I have so many great memories of my teachers
Jump to new posts Re: Broken wound string, restring by Maximillyan @ 02/28/15 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By Mark R. Originally Posted By Ed FooteOriginally Posted By Maximillyan I share yours views the do "no harm" about . However, having neither the means nor the equipment nor the new strings and so on., Max stranded on a s
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, so I've been thinking about Max's cardboard fix by Maximillyan @ 02/28/15 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By David BoyceYes Max, many of us have knows about the value of cardboard shims for many years. But we have found that the method of using CA glue is generally superior, and that's what we now use, since in many places CA glue is r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Human and mould playing a piano by maurus @ 02/28/15 07:21 AM

Interesting Rich - thanks for pointing to that earlier development. Here interaction goes both ways: The electromagnets also pick up what the pianist plays, transfer this signal to the organisms and bring their response back to the piano strings. I
Jump to new posts Re: Specs on paper vs overall sound by WillMedic @ 02/28/15 07:15 AM

Apologies made an error with my price comparison earlier, from same retailer CN25- £1028 (best price) CN35- £1256 (best functions) CS4- £1409 (best finish and integration of 2 way speakers with cabinet) CA15- £1499 (wooden keys and Grand feel)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price for Yamaha GC1 by BrianDX @ 02/28/15 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By ppuff211Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have been reading through the archives. What a wealth of information! I have a few questions: (1) I was quoted around $17,800 (down from $23k "retail") for a Yamaha GC1. I
Piano Forum
Decades ago it would have been a lot more hassle and "clerical work" to establish and maintain. Insurance companies almost certainly can now access policy details by indexes OTHER than policy number, i.e. by ANY data field and quickly find
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What determines a song's time signature? by FogVilleLad @ 02/28/15 04:46 AM

The examples and the link to Beats in Wikipedia were really helpful.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP 535 - opinions by Kerrrmit @ 02/28/15 04:31 AM

Yeah, i love this DP But like i said it's hard to me to change habbits from my last one. It's like replace Smart for Mercedes CFX bass sound feels too much "heavy"... just agglutinate sometimes, i got problem with sensitively when i play
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Airport piano by PhilipInChina @ 02/28/15 03:22 AM

I have just flown from Sofia airport. In departures there is a grand piano for passengers to play. It is a Hamburg Steinway serial number 295298. It has had a hard life since 1939 when it was made but plays well enough. The lid is fastened down someh
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Piano Tuner screen shots by Chris Leslie @ 02/28/15 02:48 AM

Screen shots
Jump to new posts Re: Roland & Lang Lang by peterws @ 02/28/15 01:54 AM

You don't want to see L L playing "girl wi the flaxen hair". . .you really don't! Like watching paint dry. . .
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a few pesky notes louder than others by Radio.Octave @ 02/28/15 12:09 AM

I guess I'm just stuck with the room until I find a house I like, buy it and finally move. I think a big part of the problem is that the piano just needs to more room to "breathe." I played a bit tonight on half stick and it does mellow t
Originally Posted By jim ialeggioOriginally Posted By beethoven986 Anyone else with me on this? Not with you on this...though I never use it when playing, and very,very few of my customers use it, when I tune, I use it the whole time...unisons and
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWwKAK3ciHw
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: grotrian steinweg:real or fake by Markarian @ 02/27/15 08:16 PM

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Thread Necromancer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Placing an ad for a piano for sale by Guapo Gabacho @ 02/27/15 08:10 PM

Thanks Rickster, Where have you been? I hope the Mrs. isn't the reason you been scarce.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question for Piano Teachers forum! by John v.d.Brook @ 02/27/15 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsI prefer not to have students and their parents/siblings in my home for a variety of reasons, but mainly for privacy issues. Besides working in a music store, I teach privately and go to the students' homes. I char
Well thank you all for your replies. I am still in a position, that I would not want a returned DP if I was buying a new one and would have to ask the question, because I would want to make sure I was receiving a new one, brand new, from the manufac
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By MarkHTo be clear - in the section of the score you posted, I play ONLY the repeated c-sharps with the right hand, and all the other notes with the left hand. Now that's just crazy talk!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who here actually practices chords regularly? by hreichgott @ 02/27/15 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By dire tonicOriginally Posted By 8 OctavesI do now practice chords routinely as part of my practice. I'd be interested to know what your chord practice entails, typically. So everyday I do the foll
Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help to identify 41 key piano (Herrburger Brooks)
by Paulmk5
03/03/15 06:01 AM
Glenn Gould on television - Music in the U.S.S.R.
by pianoman9
03/03/15 05:35 AM
What is the key of your life?
by piano_friend
03/03/15 03:20 AM
the Steinway at the Vanderbilt Mansion
by Michael Sayers
03/03/15 03:05 AM
exercises and compositions for children
by Michael Sayers
03/03/15 02:19 AM
Forum Stats
78,377 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,027 Topics
2,379,023 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission