Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by backto_study_piano @ 09/15/14 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: dcnm50Hi in the piano buying "game", the key is DON'T RUSH. I will stop here. Hi - Sorry - I didn't realise that you don't play - but the same principles apply - don't rush, play plenty of pianos, work out what is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: large fingers playing up the action by JohnSprung @ 09/15/14 02:26 AM

Looking carefully at the Waller picture, I think it may be a posed shot, he's not really playing. There's no motion blur anywhere, particularly not on his fingers. Here's what he's doing: L5 is on Gb2. L4 and L3 are relaxed and not playing.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP6 and settings via MIDI by Kawai James @ 09/15/14 01:56 AM

Ewen, yes, I believe it's possible to adjust basic settings to a certain extent, but the MP6's MIDI implementation is nowhere near as thorough as that of the MP7. Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by FarmGirl @ 09/15/14 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ZikOHi FarmGirl, I also wish you all the best and good luck at new work. Any plans related to piano are always great. Apart from holidays, I've never missed a single day to practice. The piano hooked me completely. I sincerely
Jump to new posts Re: DP Shopping in Paris by Kawai James @ 09/15/14 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: tanjinjackJames, I am really interested in more of the Kawai models. Would you have any more recommendation about other Kawai DP that performs similarly like the ES7? If you are willing to forgo portability, the CN24/CN34 may a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by phacke @ 09/15/14 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBSorry, I have no idea what Mr. McMorrow might be hearing. Without knowing what he is hearing, I cannot venture a guess why he is hearing it. OK, Thanks for your comments. Best regards-
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts More Bach (Ich Ruf Zu Dir) by johnlewisgrant @ 09/15/14 12:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8r9wojwd2Y The moment I put this up, some guy tried to claim it as "third party content." What's that about? Bach is "third party content"??? Sheeeze....
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Recommendation? by Andrys @ 09/14/14 10:54 PM

I can't edit the previous post but wanted to update it with the information that the MP10 was sold, for the estimated price. It's really an excellent digital piano. (The buyer was apparently wanting a new MP6 for the cost factor, but was shown the u
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 09/14/14 09:37 PM

Clean piano
Piano Forum
Yikes! I live in a crazy-humid, hot climate. I don't have a hygrometer, but if my AC was set to get the temp to 72 I bet my electric bill would be a thousand dollars a month. It's presently set for 78F in the day and 77F at night. The specs ot
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Elegie in C# minor by JoelW @ 09/14/14 09:07 PM

I am just rediscovering this. I think I'll offer some thoughts this time around. I like the use of previous material after the short developmental section. I'm not sure if I agree with the dissonance in bar 13, but I do agree with the idea very much
Adult Beginners Forum
Be sure to write back and tell us what you think when you get the book. And I agree, I find working on the Chorales very satisfying.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A concert hall inside your bedroom by jotur @ 09/14/14 08:52 PM

I love that, Ron Cathy
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Benefit recital for Me2/Orchestra by ABC Vermonter @ 09/14/14 08:22 PM

Hi Michael, Yes, I could have done better. Sorry that I did not get back to you sooner. The first few weeks of the school have been crazy.
Jump to new posts Re: [FREE VST] Ivy Audio by sullivang @ 09/14/14 07:44 PM

I've tried it now - I really like the tone. There appears to be a serious problem with WAY too much silence at the beginning of some samples though, which makes it totally unplayable for me. If this problem were fixed, I'd be keen to play it some mo
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ 09/14/14 07:39 PM

Cleaning Kawai RX-3 Grand
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Kimball is out of the piano business, although I believe there is another company that is using the name.
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: How Music Affects Your Productivity by Zach Evans @ 09/14/14 07:07 PM

Interesting article. I started listening to hype music right after I wake up and it really gets me going. It's like audio caffine
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Miss my concert grands by Silver Keys @ 09/14/14 05:05 PM

[/quote] Pianos magically shrink with time. See if you don't notice this! [/quote] I agree! My M&H BB doesn't look like such a "Big Boy" in my living room any longer!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please help with piano purchase by Kojak @ 09/14/14 04:47 PM

My preference would be for the U3. For an upright, U3s have surprising power and great action with a wide range of dynamic capability. I can play very softly or loudly on a U3. They're awesome pianos for the money. 1980 isn't terribly old for a p
Links to Additional Sources
Jump to new posts Re: Digitalpianojudge.com - All secrets about digital piano by DigitalPianoJudge @ 09/14/14 03:02 PM

As I understand, everything is great on my site?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet for reading by Starr Keys @ 09/14/14 01:01 PM

One thing you might want to consider is whether you plan to compose or arrange and study harmony with a good notation program like Finale or Sibelius. If you do, you should consider investing in a hybrid tablet, since it can run the software for the
Jump to new posts Re: Using a (continuous) sustain pedal as expression by anotherscott @ 09/14/14 11:46 AM

Right, the PX5S doesn't have a continuous controller input. But if you need it only for Pianoteq (or other VST instruments), you should be able to add the input you need with this: http://www.midiexpression.com There is also the aforementioned box
Chicolom: in Reaper, you could try using the built-in effect "midi_CC_mapper" to convert the CC#7 on each MIDI channel to a different CC on the same channel. Or, put the midiconverter3 plugin as the first step in your channel and route the
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Short original piece by Nick Stu @ 09/14/14 10:59 AM

Adding a midi rendition https://soundcloud.com/nick-stu/piano-1
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How about this Knabe Studio Piano?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
Who invented the Compression Soundboard?
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Round Eagle Claw Piantool
by jayr
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Tuning Stability
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
External Powered Speakers for Yamaha Clavinova
by eighty80eights8s
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Who's Online
107 registered (anotherscott, AZ_Astro, accordeur, BarryR, aesop, 30 invisible), 1034 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76260 Members
42 Forums
157658 Topics
2315704 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission