Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
67 registered (AndrewJCW, augustm, achi, AZNpiano, 16 invisible), 890 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing a string by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/30/15 11:17 PM

I have had to "untwist" bass strings I twisted too much because they were buzzing. I generally like to twist by hand, not use a twisting tool, then I can feel how much is too much. I echo the impressive dealer work.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Locked Away EPIC piano cover! by Zach Evans @ 08/30/15 10:19 PM

Hi guys! I got a new piano cover! It's Locked Away by R.City ft. Adam Levine! Let me know what you guys think! -Zach Evans
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By colin_pianist18@ benjamink: Thank you. If no one else has any objections to it, I'll probably get the Baerenreiter Verlag. I have like a $40-$50 gift certificate coming for Sheet Music Plus, so it'd probably be the best for me. O
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for Easy Jazz Arrangements for Xmas? by AndrewJCW @ 08/30/15 09:19 PM

Martha mier has a book line called Christmas jazz rags and blues with books from beginner to advanced students. I haven't used then but it might be up your alley.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Earthworks QTC-40mp mics. by S.H.Lee @ 08/30/15 08:23 PM

Thanks everyone comment. I also surprise the QTC-40 little capsules are so rich. But you see "DPA4060" is much more tiny. Right now i feel: QTC-40 is much more rich,more louder,more detail,treble tone more bright and more expensive. NT-55
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Presonus Audiobox USB by MacMacMac @ 08/30/15 07:50 PM

... ...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand damper regulation using keybed only by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/30/15 07:22 PM

You will get a much better damper regulation if you wait to install them after the entire key-frame, keys, action, and hammers are regulated to the strings and the key-bed. Then you will know exactly where the dampers and under-levers should be set
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Boston and Essex name origin by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/30/15 07:14 PM

Dara, while I understand how you feel about the subject I think you fail to see how Bob Snyder would feel about the words "falsity" being employed. Sales representatives will always respond strongly to implications they are deceitful. I d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano places in Boston by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 08/30/15 07:04 PM

There are several piano rebuilding shops. Several of the owners post here on PW. Jim Iallegio, Ed Buck, and Jude Revelly. The Bennet Street School of piano technology is there.
Jump to new posts Brahms by BruceD @ 08/30/15 06:32 PM

Brahms: Ballade, Op. 10, No. 4
Jump to new posts Chair by BruceD @ 08/30/15 06:29 PM

Chair
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Performance Editions by BruceD @ 08/30/15 06:24 PM

This is what I was referring to : [img:left][/img] Admittedly, the doubling is optional, but it certainly takes away from what we consider as the essentially Baroque character of this toccata-like Prelude. Regards,
Jump to new posts Bach Prelude by BruceD @ 08/30/15 06:22 PM

Bach Prelude 21, Bk. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks for all the great replies everyone, I'll be sure to check out all these resources! I really appreciate getting your personal feedback and recommendations on services/books/other resources you've used – it's really hard to filtering through t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Considering to buy a Yamaha YDP-162 by Alexander Borro @ 08/30/15 03:05 PM

Generally piano stools are accessories are marked up quite a bit in music stores I noticed when buying one. You can get the same sort of thing cheaper from ebay or even online music stores much cheaper. The chair I had that came with the piano had
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: reflecting material behind an upright by Ivan M. @ 08/30/15 02:54 PM

The idea is to get all the frequencies back in the primary reflection behind the piano instead of losing the bass through the wall. I hope this might just take care at least of what the player hears... But in the end the other walls can require some
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to get feedback on original compositions by phantomFive @ 08/30/15 01:56 PM

What are you trying to achieve with this composition? Why did you write it? What is your goal as a composer?
Jump to new posts Re: Ah ah!! Kawai ES7 Has Been Discontinued by Framboise @ 08/30/15 01:16 PM

Cheers from sunny south of France ! Yes indeed, the es7 has been discontinued - however, you can still find them for sale on the net. In fact, Kawai has announced that the es8 should be available in Europe in September, and for those of you who live
As long what you write is valuable it will serve someone which look for information at some other occasion. So it is not totally lost and in that situation we cannot say much anyway, not having the smallest piece of technical information on the pian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: AMEB AMUSA EXAM by BruceD @ 08/30/15 11:50 AM

Apart from what your teacher says, what do the official requirements state? Surely you have consulted the requirements on line or in print. In any examination situation that I have encountered, I have never heard that pieces have to be a specific
Jump to new posts Re: Spacestation v3 keyboard amp for AP sounds by Dave Ferris @ 08/30/15 09:35 AM

My SS has sold but thanks for the inquiries.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Positioning by Olek @ 08/30/15 09:04 AM

Hello the opening in the wall facing the piano will probably cure much of the reflections. If the audience is in a room next to that door your room will work as speakers, so no idea of the tone quality. For the legs there is no trouble if you are
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Book with Lullabies by Rank Piano Amateur @ 08/30/15 07:30 AM

I have some recollection of a record (later a CD) and an accompanying book called "Golden Slumbers." The songs were gorgeous.
Jump to new posts Re: How regular should one tune the piano? by Olek @ 08/30/15 06:22 AM

a second hand piano in a good environment should stand one year if not played brutally, if it stand on its 4 casters on a stable floor (od tile floors make the piano move all times and the tuning goes away sooner) When the plain wire begin to be tir
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Voicing the Piano by Olek @ 08/30/15 05:42 AM

YEs but needling produce the same results in both cases. simply the core of the hammer is way les compressed .packed with softer hammers they are more damping, and I think we cannot make the under crown as resilient without laquers. lacquersI are e
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Live piano music in restaurant - thinking Christmas
by Bellyman
Yesterday at 09:27 PM
Casio AP-450, strange sound when a few keys are pressed
by Sandbo
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
Glissando question
by FrankCox
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Why are there no guidelines for beginners and averages.
by ster100
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Arabian piano music
by Aly Baracat
Yesterday at 05:51 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,611 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,659 Topics
2,441,791 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission