Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: synchronizerYes I am on a budget, so I am reluctant to purchase the Ravenscroft. A couple of months ago, I purchased the VI Labs American Grand because I was writing a piece of music for a project (a student film at my universit
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many keys are required to learn? by AZ_Astro @ 04/14/14 02:45 AM

I tried out the Yamaha NP-31 for awhile and it had 61 keys. Within two months I had another keyboard and sold the NP-31 back to The Guitar Center. Sigh... I say go with the 88... Good luck
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teacher expectations - or lack thereof? by musicpassion @ 04/14/14 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: CranesHere is a strategy that I'm trying with them (and it's been successful with me personally as well). I got them started crossing out dates on a calendar for everyday they practice 30 minutes (which I got from this website:
Jump to new posts Re: Kurzweil RE-220 error help by Nario64 @ 04/13/14 10:51 PM

Yes but they haven't responded as of yet. I'm getting piano withdrawals.
Jump to new posts Re: Printed books included in CA65/CA95 by Kawai James @ 04/13/14 10:45 PM

Thank you ando. I believe the VPC1 is the only Kawai instrument not marketed in Australasia - this was ultimately Kawai Australia's decision, not Kawai Japan's. Kind regards, James x
Jump to new posts Re: When a DP finally bites the dust........ by FrankDaddy @ 04/13/14 10:32 PM

Ok I have to weigh in.... I still have my 1973 Fender Rhodes 88 Key Electric Piano. I have gone to Vintage Vibe to get replacement parts. It plays beautifully. I have a Kawai ES4 in my office at work, A Kawai MP6 used for Gigging, A Kawai ES7 in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A tribute to pianist, Ilana Vered by music32 @ 04/13/14 09:50 PM

love her phrasing, nuance.
Jump to new posts Re: Any recommendations on a keyboard? by Dan Clark @ 04/13/14 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: Dan Clark p.s. There are better DP's out there, but the cost is much higher. For example, my Kawai MP11 should be here next Monday. The keyboard uses the Kawai Grand Feel keys, which supposed to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Simple performance question by hreichgott @ 04/13/14 08:37 PM

Oh boy, that's rough.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: not very important but hey by argerichfan @ 04/13/14 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevis Maybe it's the Beecham effect (i.e. his 'lollipops')...... , Beecham certainly liked his lollipops, and reportedly was not adverse to a broader definition of lollipops.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by Greener @ 04/13/14 07:06 PM

I know you guys have a lot of fun out here. I've often poked in to take a quick look see. But, listening a little bit more lately. Love the B3 in the Heep, Richard. Wow, Tchaikovsky in one thread and ... . This is great stuff. Hope you don't mind
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: END WORLD HUNGER! by Derulux @ 04/13/14 07:00 PM

Hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's New Photograph ? by ChopinAddict @ 04/13/14 06:16 PM

It's an etching, not a photograph.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Can anyone help me find this song? by LarryShone @ 04/13/14 05:37 PM

I tried playing it into Sound hound which will ID songs even with overdubs, but I got nothing for this one. Probably bespoke.
Jump to new posts Re: First impressions of the MP11 by Phlox @ 04/13/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesPhlox's persistence eventually paid off. x
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Bechstein grand agraffe by BEN120N @ 04/13/14 02:12 PM

Dear Anyone, I have a valued customer with a 100 year old Bechstein grand piano. An agraffe has broken in the top treble section. These are the big fat square ones, and I can't find one in the uk. Help!
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: SpudsI loved the larger GH 160. If you have the space and love its sound, maybe you already found your best choice. But again, take your time to compare and enjoy trying as many pianos as you can before buying.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: After Burgmüller opus 100? by Saranoya @ 04/13/14 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: DanSHeller 50 selected studies -Shirmer ed Songs Without Words- get a nicer edition of this one. It's worth it. OK. Heller it is, then . The Songs without Words left on the list were beyond my reach (at least to learn within t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube by Orange Soda King @ 04/13/14 01:21 PM

More videos! Selections from Bach's WTC, Book 1 Selections from Bach's WTC, Book 2 Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit and Chopin's complete Preludes Beethoven: Andante Favori, Sonata in A-flat Major Op. 26, Six Bagatelles Op. 126, Sonata i
Jump to new posts Re: Cp 4 vs rd 800 vs mp 11 by anotherscott @ 04/13/14 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: andoOriginally Posted By: Enthusiast The RD700NX/800 still has my favourtie pipe organ (mid pipe organ patch) of all the onboard pipe organs I've had a try of. Yeah, but how often do people use a pipe organ? Very commo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whick website/youtube channel? by EM Deeka @ 04/13/14 12:09 PM

I also found the Trinity College Rock & Pop Exams with graded levels up to 8, based directly on published Rock/Pop songs. The Rockschool method used songs written similar to the original songs. Details at: Keyboards Trinity College
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
The "cold" hide glue is mostly the most common presentation of fish glue here, while there are also some bone/nerve qualities availeable. They harden enough for non exigent use. The gelatin glues are efficient because they penetrates well
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pics of my new Feurich 172 by Rickster @ 04/13/14 11:05 AM

I think it best to close this thread, for various reasons. Good luck to all... Rick
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by ClsscLib @ 04/13/14 09:55 AM

Please see post on this topic in the piano teachers' forum. If anyone has suggestions, please post them there! Thanks!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by ClsscLib @ 04/13/14 09:54 AM

Please see post on this topic in the piano teachers' forum. If anyone has suggestions, please post them there! Thanks!
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
87 registered (adultpianist, Atrys, AZNpiano, alberto, Akshay, 14 invisible), 1128 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250093 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
04/18/14 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
04/17/14 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
04/17/14 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
04/17/14 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
04/17/14 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission