Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds
Spectral Analysis of Musical Sounds with Emphasis on the Piano
Learn More

or
Buy This Book on Amazon.com
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Pianoteq
Who's Online
152 registered (ando, ADS63, Alexander Borro, AniaDab, anamnesis, 37 invisible), 1562 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Iori Fujita @ 01/21/15 08:45 PM

I got a message in the other forum; Thanks for posting this. An interesting experiment. On your web site it says "composed by J.S Bach and arranged by Iori Fujita" but it's not composed by Bach, is it ? That autograph is just beautiful !
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuners who can't hear the top couple of notes. by That Guy @ 01/21/15 08:29 PM

Quote:"Danger, Will Robinson!" Ha ha! You're showing your age Bob!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Thanks for the explanation ... kind of odd since the Forum FAQ describes the procedure for uploading files using the "File Manager" .. oh well, I don't have any account set up with those various other services. If someone who does have on
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Question by HelloMrZebra @ 01/21/15 08:13 PM

Would anyone recommend a piano tuner for Cincinnati, OH area? Would a reputable RPT take on a new client with a used console piano lol?
Piano Forum
Brian, Its a bummer when your instrument breaks. Its happened to me more than once. You don't have to plug in an acoustic piano but trust me, they do break down, and then you have to call your beloved piano tech geek. I think you made the right dec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing synth / DP vs. acoustic piano by Michael Martinez @ 01/21/15 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles Cohen Audacity is _not_ a DAW (in the conventional sense). It doesn't accept MIDI data, it doesn't use VST (virtual instruments), and I don't think it knows what a "beat" or a "loop" is: Audacity i
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts New restorations HELP by Diverdanm @ 01/21/15 06:06 PM

Bought two upright player pianos which I plan to restore. Need help with everything, parts, advise, books, etc. One is a Aeolian, the other is a Gulbransen and it looks like both have never been worked on before and both are 80 hole. Just finish
Originally Posted By: ElmerJFuddHuge cult like following on this Casio PX-5S. They've done a great job blending a stage piano with a synth and keeping it light weight and under $1000 US. Amazing - the damn thing costs nearly double that in A
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Études-Tableaux Op. 39 No. 4 Henle edition - typo? by vers la flan @ 01/21/15 05:40 PM

Hi Jamie. Glad you enjoyed the clip. Sorry it wasn't more helpful. Good luck with the piece.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: cracked sound board by SMHaley @ 01/21/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: Steve CohenCracks are only a problem when they affect tone.And that, more often than not, isn't the case. I thought that cracks indicate there is a greater possibility that problems like separa
This is helpful- thanks for the comments!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: transition to weighted keys from.... well, not by RaggedKeyPresser @ 01/21/15 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: JytteWell, for an acoustic that's not really that old, is it? No, not really old for an acoustic. But from a marketing view it's different. I think Yamaha stopped making this model many years ago, and it can be difficult to fi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use the Soft Pedal by RaggedKeyPresser @ 01/21/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: GreenerOriginally Posted By: RaggedKeyPresser This is the way I look at it too ... When going to a different instrument then it's possible to adapt. Thank you for the support RaggedKeyPresser, I was feeling very alone. I w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tablet sheet music management software by BDB @ 01/21/15 02:38 PM

There are several music optical character recognition (OCR) applications out there. It is much more difficult to implement than OCR for words.
Jump to new posts Re: "Break a Leg'... by Bellyman @ 01/21/15 01:29 PM

That's a good one, Jeff... "Guy still limps a little." Still waiting to get the staples out from the surgery and the soft cast off. I don't know what goes on after that or when I'll be allowed to put any weight on it. I'm sure I'll be m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Play Piano by Ear" by Simon Schott? by Brandon Sip @ 01/21/15 01:27 PM

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I went back in the thread and noted everything else you've been saying, too. I appreciate it! This book is gonna take me all year to get through! But that's ok. A year or two spent learning this and Abrahams' lessons shoul
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of taking piano lessons again by PianoStudent88 @ 01/21/15 01:02 PM

Second lesson, and I'm still over the moon with delight! I wonder if anyone has ever been so happy to be assigned a five finger exercise :-) . I love love love having my technique corrected. And learning things about musical expression that would
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: September Morn - Neil Diamond by foster12 @ 01/21/15 11:53 AM

Hello Jytte, many thanks for your suggestions. I'm very glad that you appreciate my modest videos.
Jump to new posts Re: replacements for lyre support rods? by BDB @ 01/21/15 10:53 AM

Baldwin lyre braces were wood shaped like very long cigars, tapered from the center to each end.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Plowboy @ 01/21/15 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Piano Girl RMGWhat did I miss? Rats! It takes a certain amount of skill to be edited out of this thread! Gosh. What did I write that was so awful?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ 01/21/15 07:28 AM

My monthly update: I'm about 4 weeks away from finishing Level 3A. There have been some amazing pieces I've learned, including a couple of older compositions in their original form. One addendum to my last post: I have decided to switch to the t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lead Me On by maxine Nightingale by dire tonic @ 01/21/15 07:23 AM

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/maxine_nightingale/lead_me_on_crd.htm - you can often find these charts in google using [<song name> sheet music] Also try the same search but click the images tab.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What can I learn next? by johan d @ 01/21/15 06:52 AM

Since when did you start piano and learning the Cramer studies?
Piano Forum
Ahh good point on Thomann. It never even occurred to me that they would carry pianos despite being a very regular customer for years :facepalm: I guess I still would like to play any instrument, at least the same model, before committing to it. Hmm,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just beginning to play by Charles Cohen @ 01/21/15 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: earlofmar . . . So since you did ask for advice, there are no tricks of the trade, no shortcuts. It all comes down to a well thought out daily regime of practice. For example, to improve sight reading the best advice is "d
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
2015 NAMM Show - Will You Be There?
Kathy and I would like to meet you
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
what is a piano strings expected life span?
by Dennis R in WA
01/27/15 09:15 AM
Comparison of Roland Digital Pianos
by Cmin
01/27/15 08:07 AM
Physis Piano Editor Announced -Pianoteq/V-piano's approach?
by Bluesman
01/27/15 07:37 AM
Kawai VPC1 with bluetooth headphones
by Bob50
01/27/15 05:10 AM
H. Steinway watch ?
by angga888
01/27/15 05:04 AM
Forum Stats
77877 Members
42 Forums
160957 Topics
2364529 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission