Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
76 registered (alerique, 36251, Beakybird, beeboss, 15 invisible), 1069 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Hi Bill, Please note that after trying the hammer myself, I posted later in this thread that I definitely feel the pin move. So I agree with you that one can feel the turning of the pin with an impact style of tuning. It was not my intention to ask
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Our friend and forums member virtuoso pianist Jeffrey Biegel will be premiering a new piano concerto from Kenneth Fuchs. Kathy and I plan to attend, I hope we see you there. Stravinsky "The Firebird" Classical Concert Saturday Mar 12th,
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Equo Vintage Brass by Kins @ 02/01/16 04:14 PM

Correcting Rotation Issues
Jump to new posts Koncept Equo Vintage Brass Lamp by Kins @ 02/01/16 04:06 PM

Brass Piano Lamp
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rant by Tubbie0075 @ 02/01/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By NikolasIt took you practically two weeks and you had to rant?!?!? Oh... how spoiled the peoples (!!!) can be! Congratulations. How about a recording now? (I'm not kidding on this one. Share with us your results. I'm sure it wi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any advice on external speakers? by krikorik @ 02/01/16 02:34 PM

That' is correct, if you are interested I'm selling a JBL308 for $200 and it is like new. Ended up with the Bose L2 for the MP11.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Vircor Garden (Piano Piece) - Cristián Sandre by PianoRag @ 02/01/16 01:57 PM

A Piano Piece with Impressionist influence. Synesthetic. 3:14 min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsT5xAe-oVE
Jump to new posts Re: Dexibell - keys and pianos? by EssBrace @ 02/01/16 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By Zippo Here you can find more interesting demos about many presets. The recording quality is not the best, but it's enough to understand something. I found the electric pianos very enjoyable. I look forward to have more fresh news
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering for Bach Invention No. 2 by laguna_greg @ 02/01/16 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By pinkfloydhomerTrue. But in general, would you try to keep a voice in the same hand ... No. In fact, it's a very useful skill to learn to trade voices off from one hand to another in such a way that you can't hear the differ
Jump to new posts Re: Lyon & Healy baby grand cleaned, tuned and regulated by David Farley @ 02/01/16 01:06 PM

It sounds like you made the right decision. I'm sure you will eventually find a piano in better shape with a tone and a price that you like. I took a chance on my Lyon and Healy but it didn't have the structural problems that the one you were looking
Pianist Corner
Abby Whiteside would have totally approved of a technique that is not 'standard' but was learned organically
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dispatch from my first recital! by sor @ 02/01/16 12:35 PM

your story is vivid, and I can sympathize. I have played for people before, not a lot, a handful of times but I would see why people get really nervous, the last time I was playing for a group of people was at my house for a group of about 20 or so f
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is there such a Sight-Reading book by ulymoon @ 02/01/16 12:21 PM

pavanne1, Thank you, it's really kind of you to let me know about your website and the materials in there. I'll be there soon.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New parts for old pianos by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 02/01/16 10:44 AM

I have found that when producing a low-inertia/high-leverage action that the "flywheel" effect at soft playing is best controlled by having the static touch-weight high enough to provide rapid feedback to the finger about hammer velocity.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Introduction by Monica K. @ 02/01/16 10:36 AM

Welcome to the forum, martijn!! It will not surprise anybody here that I would recommend looking into the music of Ludovico Einaudi as a good transition toward classical. Many of his pieces contain standard, easy chord progressions (and ostinato b
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sad pieces for an intermediate player by sor @ 02/01/16 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By lean to tailhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vYY0aRH46I I recently discovered this piece. Someone forced me to watch the movie...and it payed off bc I found this piece! From the movie pride and prejudice. If you've been playin
I agree with Strat. I have a Focusrite 2i4. ASIO4ALL was unacceptable, but the Focusrite drivers work perfectly. My Pianoteq is setup on an older desktop and I have no issues whatsoever.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Lessons with Claudio Arrau by sirwormsalot @ 02/01/16 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By PrestoConFuoccoYou can read all the books you want, nobody will ever be as good as Arrau :P The man was a genius!!! Internet comments...
Having fairly recently done an ABRSM grade exam, which was of course on an acoustic, I was actually surprised how it didn't really do much for me. It was a decent Yamaha upright (not sure on model), but I could tell as I was playing some notes were a
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P115 - MIDI Cable ??? by Frédéric L @ 02/01/16 07:15 AM

Yes the USB link on the P115 emulates a MIDI link. Just to be picky, Garage Band does only support Audio Unit, not VST... But it seems that Kontakt is available as an Audio Unit.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by ThatAdamGuy @ 02/01/16 05:11 AM

Mike, appreciate the info! I've likely already bought a Roland by then but (sincerely) I'd still love to check out the new Casios and will encourage others to do the same. Peterws... er... I imagine return shipping would be pretty darn expensive on
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts First Improvisation for the New Year! by Ese150 @ 02/01/16 05:08 AM

I'm still doing my monthly Improvisations so I hope you all enjoy this one to start off the year! Would love some criticism, anything to work on? (I normally have a dark sad style to my music)
Member Recordings
Hello disney and Lion king enthusiasts, Here I'm bringing you the super catchy duet by Kion from The Lion Guard called "We're the same" (Sisi Ni Sawa) Since this was made to one of my private student piano client a week ago I've made... 1.
Jump to new posts Re: New piano samples from nord! by maurus @ 02/01/16 04:09 AM

They are both full of character and very different both from each other and from modern pianos. The Broadwood (Beethoven) is warm and colourful, with a rather soft treble, whereas the Mozart piano has (particulary in the bass) a very dynamic timbre,
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By wouter79My work is far from "finished" (the new teacher rarely lets me play beyond measure 10...) but I recorded it anyway! Mine won't be polished either due to some unfortunate life circumstances, but I will try to re
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio PX-350 question
by T E Bekken
02/06/16 06:51 AM
Site update
by mikka942
02/06/16 06:31 AM
Light: Small, inexpensive, battery-operated
by Noonie
02/06/16 06:09 AM
Different colours
by musicbased
02/06/16 05:48 AM
Steinway piano shuffle and sample of my Steinway A
by shirlkirsten
02/06/16 05:38 AM
Forum Stats
82,486 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,298 Topics
2,492,656 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission