Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by custard apple @ 04/19/14 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: chrisbellSo this weeks Jam of the Week; ballads. You don't know what love is, is my choice: Hey Chris Wonderful work especially your space, your across-the-changes sound, those descending melodic lines, and the LH vo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing custom patches for Ravenscroft? by dire tonic @ 04/19/14 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: MacyOriginally Posted By: dire tonicre- 'factory patches' - apologies, that was the wrong term, I should have said simply 'default' - as it comes up on the RC panel with some blend of the 4 mic positions, favouring the 'close'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Search by Dara @ 04/19/14 02:01 AM

Really enjoyed reading your thorough piano seeking adventure Mark. Congratulations on your new piano !
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: song i wrote about a coffee shop by jedplays @ 04/19/14 01:46 AM

thank you!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tired Fingers by phantomFive @ 04/19/14 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakesOriginally Posted By: phantomFive Can you be more specific about where exactly it is hurting? If you can figure out which muscle it is, sometimes finding the cure is easy. Um, if you spread your hand out, strongly,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!! by Valencia @ 04/18/14 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryBeeOriginally Posted By: LarryShoneHmmm Ive still not seen the Piano Mind you I'm told I probably wouldn't enjoy it as its not actually about a piano but rather is a Jane Eyre-esque soppy romance. It actually is about a pia
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts song i wrote. people in clubs love it by jedplays @ 04/18/14 10:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7aLVNdFWLI tell me what you think!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Walters piano by Colleen05 @ 04/18/14 10:40 PM

Thanks guys! No, I don't live near Philadelphia, I'm in Connecticut. But I do have relatives in Pennsylvania. Maybe I'll plan a visit.
Jump to new posts Re: Just got my MP11! by Dan Clark @ 04/18/14 09:56 PM

Attached are two drawings of what the shelves should look like. The first is an overview showing the DP shelf with the front facing. I'll try to stain to match the color MP11 side wood. The second pic shows the details of the slider without the
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Upright by bharatbash @ 04/18/14 09:38 PM

Looks good, must sound good as well !
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts this masquerade ... my take by jedplays @ 04/18/14 08:52 PM

let me know how you like it. most of it is improvisatino over the form. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk67pvn9DH4&list=TLGvfBJKjSiKb4I7PhunnYfMgLM9doyfRU
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts song i wrote. people in clubs love it by jedplays @ 04/18/14 08:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7aLVNdFWLI tell me what you think!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to flavor chords on piano? by Visalia @ 04/18/14 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: JamesPlaysPiano It might help if you could give a little more info about the style of music you're playing, since the left-hand approach can vary with different styles. http://www.betterpiano.com/pppt Thanks James, I guess the
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relocating...how best to break the news by Morodiene @ 04/18/14 07:17 PM

Usually what I've done is refer them to the president of the local MTNA chapter. What she has done in the past is she'll mention at a meeting that she has a student or some students who are looking for a teacher and find out who has openings, and the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Installing plain wire: no twists involved by Olek @ 04/18/14 06:08 PM

I see what you mean, but I do not understand how you did the one of the photo. The eyelets I do are tighter, and the small bend in the becket is not done with pliers, but directly on the hook. Then the becket is not really flat but arched, and only t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Want to play classical pieces like Chopin... by Tiger22 @ 04/18/14 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: EM DeekaOriginally Posted By: Tiger22I just bought the Fundamental Keys book yesterday. It is currently for sale from Lulu at a 40% discount - a bargain! This could also mean that the new edition is closer to a release date
Jump to new posts Re: Question about monitor speakers with keyboard by peabody @ 04/18/14 05:24 PM

Wow... thanks to all for all the helpful ideas. I went ahead and tried going directly into the quarter inch trs input... problem solved... now my neighbors have another reason never to talk to me not sure why there is such a big diff. in volume bet
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by LarryShone @ 04/18/14 03:02 PM

These are hilarious!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U3FS by PianoWorksATL @ 04/18/14 01:45 PM

There is probably no way of knowing. Yamaha only provides a lookup for North America, presumably because we are special. I've not heard definitive discussion of Yamaha recognizing "made for" anywhere else. FWIW, the letters after "
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition by Opus_Maximus @ 04/18/14 12:40 PM

I've done is, as have many friends of mine. It's definitely got some shady aspects to it, and questionable judging procedures. Then again, what can you expect when a whole competition is based off a single recording where anybody can send it anything
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Piano plain wire stringing by A443 @ 04/18/14 12:28 PM

Yes: the front duplexes damped have been dampened. The piano needs to have the strings in the capo section removed, and the capo bar needs filed and polished (i.e., there is excessive capo buzzing from years of professional [ab]use). Whenever I do it
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by evamar @ 04/18/14 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By: lolatuWow evamar, that's a great deal! So to be clear, you found another retailer selling at 2238? Where was that, out of interest? Is Reidy's local to you, or was this a distance transaction? I can't see how Reidy's can make
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John's Yamaha by LarryShone @ 04/18/14 09:10 AM

Thanks for that scorpio. I thought it was gonna be the million dollar piano gig but it was still great to see.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Requests? by kent2012 @ 04/18/14 08:18 AM

thank you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing a piece through by WiseBuff @ 04/18/14 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90 I was told in another sphere that perfection takes twenty years but that wasn't quite right. Wherever you are, perfection always takes 'another' twenty years! This may be the best piece of wisdom I've heard in a lon
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
183 registered (accordeur, ABC Vermonter, Almaviva, A Guy, 53 invisible), 1870 Guests and 45 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74313 Members
42 Forums
153703 Topics
2253266 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Art of the Sound Clip
by Jolly
04/24/14 02:52 PM
5 Abstract Studies
by Simon Hester
04/24/14 02:37 PM
Chopin Prelude in C Minor
by arty
04/24/14 02:14 PM
Question for shigeru owners.. what sounded similar ?
by Brother Methias
04/24/14 01:51 PM
Amazing Grace piano duet
by Erkamurka
04/24/14 12:47 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission