Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (anotherscott, Anita Potter, ando, 37 invisible), 1367 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 12/14/14 Recital My 11 year old son op. 13 by frog97 @ 12/15/14 03:23 PM

This was on 12/14/14 for my 11 year old son's recital. Op 13 Beethoven. A nice effort, We would like to shared and hope you enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQT_ivmIElg
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thank you Tim for your favorable comments. I am glad to hear that this performance is soft on the ear. For me, when I playback this recording, I feel that I have played a bit stronger than necessary. For Mozart I like those who has a gentle touch o
Piano Teachers Forum
Know your 12 major scales and all 12 major and minor triads, effortlessly. The 5 most common keys played in jazz are: C, F, Eb, G and Bb Next level up : Fully know the 5 types of 7th chords: C Maj7 C7 C-7 C-7 b5 C dim 7
Composer's Lounge
Originally Posted By: dr.dai phanWhat I am trying to do is to play a song which is not restricted to metronome timing and the score displays correctly so I can edit the notes if needed. I'm afraid you are hoping for too much from notation software.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 10k budget for a piano in SW Ontario by Peter K. Mose @ 12/15/14 02:30 PM

Bogdan, $10,000 is a tricky upper limit if you're discriminating - and it sounds as if you are. I think you'd find more satisfying choices if you could spend another 30%-50%. In any case you should be looking mostly at used pianos. You might try Mik
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100 vs Kawai MP7 by emenelton @ 12/15/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: nickd100(first post here so apologies if this has been asked already...!) I'm looking for a DP to play in a jazz trio, so I need something that sounds good in an exposed setting (I don't need any sophisticated features or non-p
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pop music rhythms by TimR @ 12/15/14 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: TimR I heard Robert Starker (famed cellist, recorded all the Bach Cello Suites) say once that the page is not the music, it's an imperfect guide to the music. You mean Janos Starker? Many years ago
Member Recordings
Hey everyone, so I cloned myself and did a piano cover of "Something in the Water" by Carrie Underwood. Hope you like it! -Zach Evans
Piano Forum
Oh, I actually don't know the difference between all the yamaha actions after all! There are quite a few to be confused with! Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: It Dumped My Music AGAIN! ! by Farmerjones @ 12/15/14 11:50 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Never thought of Velcro. Pins and/or bungees was on my list. Have to actually anchor it towards the player. I'm not worried about voiding the warranty as much as drilling into a circuit board and rendering the whole thing
Jump to new posts Chopin 9/2 nocturne by ALEXANDER DYKER @ 12/15/14 11:01 AM

Certainly an overplayed tune. I have been learning three years nearly. I messed up the chromatic descents but will work on those. Feedback welcome. Hoping to do grade 6 ABRSM in early 2016. http://youtu.be/ibJt0bO4y-M
Jump to new posts Re: N.I. Grandeur - very nice piano! by Digitalguy @ 12/15/14 10:35 AM

Given that the price was reasonable (contrary to the Yamaha CFX for instance...), I and a friend decided to give it a try and buy it together (we have already bought a couple of virtual pianos together in the past). I haven't played much yet but here
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By: NahumOriginally Posted By: mc9320 I'm from the UK but lived in Moscow for 2 years and performed jazz out there whilst teaching English. Moscow isn't Russia,   as London - isn't UK! If you move out of the two - three centr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are you practicing? by sinophilia @ 12/15/14 10:09 AM

I'm not practicing right now (already did 90 minutes today), but I have been practicing this year! I could have done more - my goal was 2 hours a day, HA! - but since I take 3-4 days off every month, my daily average goes down.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to Turn Pages? by Cobra1365 @ 12/15/14 10:08 AM

WAIT!!!! There's songs with more than one page? I'm doomed!
Adult Beginners Forum
Yeng's stuff was OK but there was only one tune I wanted. I looked further and turned up yiruma who too, was good. Then somehow, I discovered Kenny G. I've bought a book of his stuff but further suggestions are always welcome!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: When to compose? by wr @ 12/15/14 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: larryzUse it or lose it! I've lost it.
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti C minor sonatas 10 and 407 by gynnis @ 12/15/14 07:02 AM

What fortepiano did you use? Temperament?
Jump to new posts Re: Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions by dire tonic @ 12/15/14 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsOriginally Posted By: dire tonic I quite like the heavy, bad-boy image of the VPC1 - "..you don't mess with a VPC1 - a MAN's piano..". And after the fight you end up wi sore knuckles! VPC-1; Dire Tonic-0. R
Jump to new posts Re: Linking AP-450 to laptop to get the notes ... ? by mabraman @ 12/15/14 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: ClumsyWow, I'm getting pretty good responses. Thanks, everyone. Originally Posted By: Charles CohenI tried MuseScore, a while ago. It's free, and it'll do much (most? all?) of what Sibelius First can do. But I found the docum
Member Recordings
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I would like to show you my playing of Bach prelude and fuga in g minor of the well tempered clavier II (BWV 885) sorry for the ad at the beginning of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMMbRwz2Bg0
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai DP in Germany... by Kawai James @ 12/15/14 03:02 AM

Dou itashimashite!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Nikolas @ 12/15/14 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuseOriginally Posted By: NikolasIf you go the top of the forum at "My stuff" and click "Edit profile" you should be able to edit your signature there by adding a link. I'm cracking up laughin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Dan, I'm a piano's opposite: I hate air conditioning and love the heat. Darn! I'll follow that tuning advice, thanks. Bosendorff, wow, how interesting. That gives me added confidence in the DC system.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I know exactly what the OP is talking about! I like to key in choral music to create practice tapes for myself. What is not available online I have to create for myself. I have an old Casio keyboard and a Fisher
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Odd sound effect on old upright
by 661-Pete
12/20/14 06:38 AM
Define "atmospheric" in piano music
by Pianolism
12/20/14 06:18 AM
1 Hour 2-5-1 Jazz Workout Backing Track - Slow to Fast Swing
by Nahum
12/20/14 05:36 AM
Jools Holland wow
by Shey
12/20/14 05:23 AM
How to determine felt thickness without specifications?
by JoeThePro
12/20/14 01:09 AM
Forum Stats
77362 Members
42 Forums
160009 Topics
2349761 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission