Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 and MP11 touchweights by EP @ 10/14/14 10:23 AM

Ha ha, so true, but one does learn a lot here as well, not least of all is how to spend more money on new gizmos and thing-a-ma-jigs that are absolutely necessary to one's well-being and ability to accomplish great things.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Exercises to avoid key bedding? by Andy Platt @ 10/14/14 10:15 AM

I'm currently using Liszt's "Technical Exercises for the Piano" which is chockfull of exercises that help with this - at least, when practiced right. Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment and my teach
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts soviet upright piano "Rostov-Don" by Maximillyan @ 10/14/14 09:39 AM

Soviet upright piano "Rostov-Don" three years of Max's service http://youtu.be/B67kZS2ZLNQ
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best "readily available" lube for squeaky pedal? by Tim Sullivan @ 10/14/14 09:35 AM

A lot of pianos of recent vintage have pedal boards and bottom stretchers that flex too much when the pedals are used. This can cause polyester squeaks and other noises. Try supporting the bottom board with your other foot while using the p
Jump to new posts Re: How to make a video using DP audio out? by TheodorN @ 10/14/14 07:26 AM

Peterws, for ease of use, get PowerDirector. There are reasons why it's the top choice in one review site after the other.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chamber concerti by wr @ 10/14/14 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By: fnorkThanks everyone for bringing these different works up! I have to come up with a little list soon... When I did the thread about everyone's 'favorite neglected concerto', I think I yielded some 60-70 results or more. Still
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 adding sounds by ZuidplasHan @ 10/14/14 06:22 AM

Thank you for the explanations. I start to understand that our i-Pad 4 with iOS v.8.0.2 can be useful in my project. What I am after what sound concerns is something like Pianoteq but then for (chapel)pipe-organ; look at "virtualorgancompany.com
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing Hammers with lighter ones improve Trilling Speed? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 10/14/14 05:45 AM

You can buy a tool to measure center pin friction for those but the wippen and damper flange are less sensitive. I.e. They are never free flying; they are always under heavy forces so friction is not that critical. Tight jacks you can see. They don't
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital Sign-Up Thread by Sonia16 @ 10/14/14 05:10 AM

To sign up, hit the quote button of the most recent" list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginning and end, and put your new selection & name in bold. Note: I have tried to separate out multi-movement works where possi
Jump to new posts Re: Cold pressed hot pressed by Olek @ 10/14/14 04:59 AM

Hide glues are well known for stretching when they dry/harden, and for that reason I believe they are really suited for hammer making (they are also the ones that glue correctly on kotibe or exotic woods)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Can Sing G3 to - C6 Am I Mezzo Soprano ? by wimpiano @ 10/14/14 04:56 AM

If I try to sing that high I suppose my throat would burst.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My Heart Will Go On [The Love Theme from Titanic] by AtomicBond @ 10/14/14 04:01 AM

Nobody watched it?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Folk tunes in piano music, anyone? by dannylux @ 10/14/14 01:45 AM

Based on a Ukrainian folk song, here is the lovely Le Rêve by Mykola Lysenko: The Dream Sergei Bortkiewicz also used this Ukrainian song in one of his pieces. Mel
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven - Piano Sonata op. 109 - Live by Cinnamonbear @ 10/14/14 01:27 AM

Very Beethoven-y. Really, Allan, this is quite convincing. It's miles ahead of the one you posted previously! Whatever you did to find your understanding of it--it worked. Bravo! --Andy
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: johan dThe number on "my" Baldwin is 1.085616 That is not a Hamilton serial number. That would be an Acrosonic from 1977.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How NOT to move a piano!! by Markarian @ 10/14/14 12:05 AM

Now we just need to get Bam Margera, Brandon DiCamillo, and the rest of the CKY crew to give him a hand.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Repeat Signs by TX-Bluebonnet @ 10/13/14 10:48 PM

Mostly I was wanting to understand it in case I came across another piece with this type of repeat setup. In any case, I've played it both ways, so I'm covered.
Piano Forum
Received it today...
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
What a great idea to have a piano party. I live in Australia, so probably NOT going to happen for me in Denver - I am however on a piano tour and will be playing solo piano at Boulder Piano and also at..... wait for it..... Lannies Clocktower Cabaret
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP5 by Jake Jackson @ 10/13/14 08:13 PM

The local Sam Ash gets a good sound from its Roland RD800 by using (a) one keyboard amp in combination with the Yamaha MP5's or (b) using two keyboard amps or (c) using two keyboard amps combined with the MP5's. Not a small set-up, and I do not know
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski - Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues by FranKiisko @ 10/13/14 07:43 PM

Thank you botth, guys!! I'm very happy you like the performance! On my entrance exam I also played Bach/Busoni Prelude and Fugue in D major, Liszt "Venezia e Napoli", Mozart "Fantasy in D minor" and Moszkowski's Étude op. 72 n9
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt Transcendental Etude 10 by Goomer Piles @ 10/13/14 07:10 PM

In that same way that Michael Jackson is 'just here to read the comments', I look at every B.M. thread just for the preposterously pompous prefatory paragraphs he pens.
It has been written before in this forum that fast hammer return is bad for repetition because the jack has less time to reset. Respectfully, I think that is inaccurate. Imagine the hammer being very very slow to return. It would make repetition awf
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: John O'Conor-"Beethoven Boot Camp" by fnork @ 10/13/14 05:26 PM

I've watched most of this and remember liking parts of it. I personally have little problem with him having thoughts about what 'kind of career' this or that pianist might have later on, how they will develop, and so on - I think being an experienced
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Chopin Op 69 No 2 in 4 hours (Need help) by Polyphonist @ 10/13/14 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: eirikgWithout you, my piano lesson would have been an utter failure. So thank you very much, I'm in your debt Am I missing something here? As far as I can see, you would have had exactly nine minutes to implement the advice yo
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This is punny
by Tango Vic
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano.
by TwoSnowflakes
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
Mixer for live-use
by Auver
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Question on Kawai CA65 functions
by ColinDS
Yesterday at 04:30 PM
40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do?
by pinkfloydhomer
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
Who's Online
61 registered (András Lieber, angga888, Beemer, Allard, 17 invisible), 1062 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76591 Members
42 Forums
158373 Topics
2325577 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission