Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
144 registered (Alexander Borro, anamnesis, accordeur, ando, ajames, 30 invisible), 1862 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA67 -- key is stuck!!! by Beemer @ 04/29/15 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By JEB NYCOriginally Posted By lolatuDoesn't it come with tape along the front of the keys, holding them all in place? Having taken a Grand Feel action apart, I can't imagine how any keys could possibly be out of alignment by 5 mm.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy Fugue by Steve Chandler @ 04/29/15 04:16 PM

Sorry this took a while, been busy.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Crazy Fugue'n Piece rev 2.0 by Steve Chandler @ 04/29/15 04:06 PM

Latest version of this piece incorporating some of the suggestions I got last time.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rud ibach grand piano 1907 by pianoloverus @ 04/29/15 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By juliepthankyou,,, i can support you are not involved in my selling of this,,,,,,, i can see this is triple my price range! however it looks stunning done up this one,,,,,, i think the advise about seeing it restored and trying it
Jump to new posts Re: Stage piano, 88 keys with aftertouch.. by fizikisto @ 04/29/15 02:56 PM

I was just mentioning the other day in another thread about how awful the aftertouch controls are on the Nord stage 2. It requires a tremendous amount of force (relatively speaking) to get the aftertouch to activate. I had a work-related repetitive
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Improvisation (this one has some markings) by Sketch XII @ 04/29/15 02:51 PM

Well done and not without charm, it tells quite a short but nostalgic story~
Jump to new posts Re: Faulty key on new RD-800 by gg22 @ 04/29/15 01:50 PM

Wow - that's great service from Roland! Such things should be an important part when choosing an instrument.
Jump to new posts Re: Connecting the Casio PX-150 to an amp... by Scott Hamlin @ 04/29/15 12:49 PM

PX-150 has no line outs so it's the headphone jack-- and you only need to use one. I would avoid the box amps and go for a powered PA. Pianos tend to sound like mush through a keyboard amp so a small PA will be much better but don't expect much in th
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thanks Tim, This is still relatively "fresh" and I'm beginning to feel the B section should be slightly faster as well. Dance-like is a good point too. I didn't think of that!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: keeping Steinway rails shiny by Larry Buck @ 04/29/15 11:14 AM

Ed, I use Q tips and small brushes(hair). You are right, keep it off the wood. Brass brush on the cast brackets. The acid works quickly. Working a series of small areas lets me control the process. Larry
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi by CarlosCC @ 04/29/15 11:01 AM

Yes Monica, thanks for your review. We've a kind of "world music festival" in Portugal once a year, and the "spirit" it's quite similar Now, if you can read some Italian language, here it is a short but nice article about the pr
Jump to new posts Re: Heading to the junk pile... by David Boyce @ 04/29/15 11:00 AM

What's a total overhaul?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Monica K. @ 04/29/15 10:28 AM

It will come as no surprise to anybody here that I have been listening to Einaudi's new album, The Taranta Project. It represents quite a departure from his usual work; it's not piano-centric but rather a fusion of various world music styles/instrume
Jump to new posts Re: GHS - Very Interesting Fact . . Black keys by peterws @ 04/29/15 10:22 AM

Totr indeed means just that. You Yanks tend to use "high end" instead. As for the actions, everybody has their preference which proves pivot distance isn't everything. The point of this thread, in the main, was to demonstrate/question
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha YDP S51/52 by markalien @ 04/29/15 10:21 AM

I just might, apparently Yamaha improved the sound engine on the YDP S52
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buy a new grand piano...showroom or factory? by Plowboy @ 04/29/15 09:43 AM

I purchased a piano thinking my tech could improve it. Big mistake. I have a very good tech, but she's not a magician. My first piano was a Kawai K-2. I liked the one on the floor that I tried. What showed up at my house was a piano in a crate. It w
Jump to new posts Re: Customer in tears by bkw58 @ 04/29/15 09:27 AM

Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meeting with prospective parent/students by Saranoya @ 04/29/15 08:50 AM

This is what it looks like when a rank beginner plays it: And here's a slightly (ahum) more advanced variation on the same idea:
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing in Home Concert Xtreme or Synthesia by TheodorN @ 04/29/15 08:29 AM

Lycka till (good luck!)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Logistics, Advice on selling a piano by Rickster @ 04/29/15 08:13 AM

Every piano I've purchased has been from a private seller. With one exception, I presented the seller with payment and asked for a bill of sale before the movers touched the piano. I usually meet the movers at the sellers home, exchange funds, get bi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why do you do what you do? by Groove On @ 04/29/15 07:36 AM

Just thought it needed repeating ... Originally Posted By John v.d.Brook1 - I love piano 2 - I love piano 3 - I love piano 4 - I love piano 5 - I love piano
Jump to new posts Re: I want to publish a thank you. Please check. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 04/29/15 07:07 AM

No worries. What thread will you post in?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano light / lamp recs by wouter79 @ 04/29/15 02:29 AM

I simply use a 200W halogen pointed to the ceiling above the piano. Plenty of even light on keys and sheet music.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interview with Mrs. Sokoloff, Part II by Peakly @ 04/29/15 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniCheck out the second installment of an interview with a truly fascinating lady, Mrs. Eleanor Sokoloff. Thanks again for posting these videos. She is truly a blessing. To hear how much she cares about her students
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lecture-Recital by wouter79 @ 04/29/15 02:23 AM

Thanks! Yes these two look quite similar and the rythm matches. Interesting, I would say it's both g minor but messiaen uses another key, maybe c minor Also the coloration os messiaen with that deminished 5th (dflat, assuming g minor) and the lead
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Lennie Tristano inducted in JALC Hall of Fame
by Dfrankjazz
05/05/15 12:42 PM
I Need Lessons
by amiller
05/05/15 09:38 AM
Book for reading music/sight reading
by paradice
05/05/15 07:44 AM
New to Pianos. forgiveness required Roland RG3
by Pedro.rg3
05/05/15 07:43 AM
Estonia, Estonia Pianos & World Expo Milan
by schwammerl
05/05/15 07:37 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,163 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,771 Topics
2,403,088 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission