Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
100 registered (accordeur, 36251, AndrewJCW, 36 invisible), 1313 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to do with old 2/0 tuning pins..... by Bellyman @ 09/30/15 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By Chris LeslieI wonder if they could be made into a string of weights for grand keyboard hight levelling? I could see that being a useful tool. If they were contained within something that would confine them but allow them to mo
Jump to new posts Re: 2:1 in the high treble revisited by alfredo capurso @ 09/30/15 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By proutOriginally Posted By Chris StorchKeep reading... In the very next paragraph, they state: "Preliminary experiments on other instruments indicate that not all pianos are designed so that the strings terminate near nodes
Adult Beginners Forum
I agree that Mendelssohn's Songs Without Words are really beautiful. The Venetian Boat Song, opus 30, no 6 is also one of my favorites and not too difficult. After the first 2 months, it was one of the first pieces that my teacher gave me when I retu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Moving and Odd Dealer behaviour by Andrys @ 09/30/15 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By andoOriginally Posted By pianoloverusGlad the move was a success!! I still find it very odd that the buyer was expected to help moving the piano up the stairs...anyone else feel the same? Very! Oh well, all's well that ends wel
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Flowizards B4-C5 by Chris Storch @ 09/30/15 05:28 PM

time envelope of "Example 2" audio file with comments
Adult Beginners Forum
I just had close to three months on holiday away from my beloved piano and I was concerned beforehand I might lose the progress I had been making on a number of pieces. When I returned everything was gone including my very small repertoire. However t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I just got a piano! by BDB @ 09/30/15 04:43 PM

I have seen Wurlitzers with no key cover, so other companies may have left them off, as well.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning Jazz Improv Pt. 1 by Dfrankjazz @ 09/30/15 03:18 PM

Beginning Jazz Improv Pt. 3 - Adding Arpeggios and Extensions into Your Lines will be recorded in NYC in October. Thanks for asking) DF
Jump to new posts Re: Oslund Key Trimming Machine by woodworks505 @ 09/30/15 02:50 PM

I recently acquired an oslund key trimmer. I was wondering where one would sell it and for how much.
Piano Forum
Hi, All are great answers. I think BDB cut to the chase, there's yoda's and apprentices in this world. If you can find a person capable of producing a flawless repair, then you've found someone who's spent years acquiring this skill set. Wood is har
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Horowitz' CD503 Radio Show by rXd @ 09/30/15 01:58 PM

Thank you for this. I also played the piano (with Franz' permission) when it was in DC in the seventies and tuned it when it was on tour earlier this century. Much has been written about this aspect but I would like to add how much I enjoyed what
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano by phunqe @ 09/30/15 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By Bachus1) i need to get my hands on the keybed, but i played a physis k4 briefly and that was on par or even better then my Kronos88.. Its not a Kawaii or Roland yet, but for a fatar it felt really good, better then any others..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by chopindabear @ 09/30/15 11:14 AM

I just joined Piano World forums, and I'd love to participate in MYOD! I know it's September 30th, hope I'm not too late. What a great idea
Jump to new posts Chickering damper pedal spring by Craig Hair @ 09/30/15 10:07 AM

Chickering damper pedal spring
Jump to new posts My Chickering by mungo @ 09/30/15 08:44 AM

My new piano
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by johan d @ 09/30/15 04:55 AM

Lee Hazlewood
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms: Ballade, Op. 10, No. 4 by Incongruous @ 09/30/15 04:43 AM

I like it. I'm not to familiar with these pieces, so I will leave the commenting to someone else. Good job.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- General Discussion Room by casinitaly @ 09/30/15 04:05 AM

Thank you Andy! It was very hard to learn, especially at the start. I am glad it paid off. I will be revisiting it with my teacher in a few months to try to bring it up a notch , in the meantime I am working to keep it fresh in my brain and hands!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Maximilian Schmidthof by Rania @ 09/30/15 03:47 AM

I have been trying to find out more about Maximilian Schmidthof, Prokofiev's friend from the St Petersburg conservatory who committed suicide and to whom Prokofiev dedicated several pieces, including the second piano concerto and the second sonata. L
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Recommended Iphone microphone recording system? by tony890726 @ 09/30/15 12:48 AM

Hi, I used my iPhone 5s' default microphone to record a few of my piano performace on a Steinway grand and the sound is awful. What suggestions do you guys have so I can record the best sound possible?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: College Audition Rep and Suggestions by pianorigami @ 09/30/15 12:26 AM

My only comments: The d minor Bach is, I think, on the easier side. What you said about not playing super tough pieces makes sense, but it's good to be aware! Haydn: some schools leave Haydn off their allowed composers (Curtis comes to mind). Make s
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions on piano price by Morodiene @ 09/29/15 10:09 PM

Have you tried it? I think your negotiating power goes much further if you arrive with cash on hand. Play it, point out the flaws, and then make your offer of $150 cash. Bird in the hand and all that. As for the price, I think that's probably reason
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rich Galassini singing by Retsacnal @ 09/29/15 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By Rich Galassini Many people knew I provided instruments for the Papal visit and I sang for the services, so when I published this picture of me next to a cardboard cutout of Pope Francis: ...a number of people actually thought
Thanks, guys, I already have had a bolt and sleeve I just need to get round to a bit of light forgery. It is amazing how much good tone can be gained by simply tightening coils. In my dotage, I only tune and do light maintenance anymore so your con
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Worst nightmares
by Ivan M.
56 minutes 3 seconds ago
Yamaha E108
by Piano4kidz
Today at 06:54 PM
20 minutes
by dolce sfogato
Today at 05:12 PM
question on playing full songs
by iamanders
Today at 05:09 PM
Would U consider a piano only 3 years younger than the USA?
by swampwiz
Today at 04:33 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
80,966 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,340 Topics
2,452,350 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission