Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
62 registered (Albunea, AndyP, Auver, Bachus, 15 invisible), 934 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Gieseking.
Piano Teachers Forum
After watching a ton of piano tutorials/teachers on YouTube I stumbled across pianocareer and after a few videos I thought this was by far the best I have seen . So I decided to join yesterday , still waiting for my details before I can access the me
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mic placement: close or far? by RachFan @ 05/17/15 07:25 PM

In recording there are several factors, but I'll mention two here. First, the genre of music that you are recording is very important in decision making. If you play jazz, having the mics or hand-held recorder right at the rim of the curve in the p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John's Left hand by Visalia @ 05/17/15 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By PaintedPostDaveDelightful video. Thanks for posting. The grand piano label appears to be "Steinway & Sons - Hakers". Hakers? That's not what I really wanted you to notice!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Messiaen prelude 4 - fingering question by hreichgott @ 05/17/15 05:29 PM

Don't have the score here, can you post an image? (if you are still looking for suggestions)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: High Society by emg @ 05/17/15 05:27 PM

Hi, Sorry, no. It's a live show at the Old Vic Theatre,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Octave chords - difficult on hands/forearms? by hreichgott @ 05/17/15 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By DeadPoetsIn this case the chords aren't rapidly played and only repeated once. I definitely do struggle though with playing repeated chords (even 3 note). They burn my forearms out after awhile. A video would help if it's pos
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by Jytte @ 05/17/15 05:15 PM

oh, wonderful, good ol' fav' of mine
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for Some Music Books by DameMyra @ 05/17/15 05:12 PM

Thanks, Malkin. Will check them out.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Great tuning but did not last by Chris Leslie @ 05/17/15 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerThis is an upright so I finish tuning each string with a gentle push or pull toward the piano or towards me to depending on whether I am tuning the string up or down. Can you elaborate on this statement?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just wondering if I'm losing my mind... by Jytte @ 05/17/15 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By casinitalyOriginally Posted By JytteOriginally Posted By WishfulPianistOriginally Posted By hreichgottMuscle memory is the most vulnerable type of memory. Any little distraction, or just a weird day, or just too long a time playi
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Spanish inquisition.. by Ken Knapp @ 05/17/15 04:14 PM

Appropriate to display in some topics on the forum...
Jump to new posts Brass Baldwin by WhoDwaldi @ 05/17/15 03:06 PM

70s logo
Jump to new posts beethoven 59 no 3 by phantomFive @ 05/17/15 01:56 PM

h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Price for Kawai RX1 or RX2? by KurtZ @ 05/17/15 12:33 PM

You can find that information in any issue of Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer (available from a click on this very page). In this resource you will find a discussion of list prices vs. street prices, a listing of manufacturers and models plus a p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reiger-Kloss 185 Studio by Bacon910 @ 05/17/15 12:20 PM

Thanks for the info!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Petrof new grands - overpriced? by Rickster @ 05/17/15 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By Steve PetersonWow, can we just kill this thread? There are a couple of things very clear: 1. Some people will keep asking the same questions 2. Campanella12 will continue to either not answer reasonable direct questions, or &qu
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Avantgrand N1 and half pedalling by kippesc @ 05/17/15 11:23 AM

The AvantGrand does, indeed, treat the sustaining of a note oddly by slightly increasing the volume of a sustaining note when the sustain pedal is depressed. It is an inaccuracy in the model. It rarely creates a problem, even in music that requires s
Links to Additional Sources
Jump to new posts Need to batch download? by rnaple @ 05/17/15 10:13 AM

I found this to work very well. So well, that I thought it right to contribute. It is only for Firefox. Firefox's downloadthem all
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Musette from the Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach(1725) HD 1 by Nikos Driehuis @ 05/17/15 10:00 AM

Hi, everybody! I have played Musette from the Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach. I think it's very cheerful and I love Bach. What do you think about this piece? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9AET3hafo
Adult Beginners Forum
I am a great fan of Beethoven, indeed a Beethovian! Four months ago I started take piano lessons (at the age of 63) When I started I could hardly play, but after Anna Magdalena, some pieces of Burgmuller, my great piano teacher gave a a month ago
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Anyone know the specs on a the Kawai ST-3 upright? by Thermodog @ 05/17/15 09:18 AM

I have a Kawai ST-3 upright, built in 1970 or 1971, that I'm planning to sell to help fund the purchase of a used Yamaha U3. Does anyone know the specs on the ST-3? I'm particularly interested in the speaking length of the longest string. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Realities of becoming a piano technician by bkw58 @ 05/17/15 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By Tunewerk... Love for the work has to fuel the endeavor. With all that said, it can lead in some beautiful directions. +1
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How to compose a prelude? by SeanDTheComposer @ 05/17/15 05:23 AM

Thank you Nikolas.
Jump to new posts Re: list of tuning pitches by chopin_r_us @ 05/17/15 05:22 AM

Ah, yes, I downloaded it before. Umm, no help button? I'm nearly the generation that expects instant gratification. edit: hold on, I think I just created a perfect 5th!
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to perform right the first time
by Hakki
Today at 04:40 AM
Re-install a keystick??
by Schick
Today at 02:49 AM
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
Yesterday at 09:09 PM
And so the search begins...
by Caine
Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play
by briandang
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,257 Topics
2,409,386 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission