Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Really nice playing. I can't quite explain it, but the piece really suits the sound of your piano
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: What is on your mind when you play by mc9320 @ 08/25/14 06:36 AM

It depends on the piece, but I find if I daydream, I lose focus and make mistakes. I try to picture something more specific in my mind if I know a piece well, which fits the mood. For example, if a piece fades out at the end, I visualise a ship saili
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Reading the dots with a 2 keyboard rig by Kawai James @ 08/25/14 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsThey look superb, specially the yellow one. Now what would I do with it?? . . Mount it to the top of your Lamborghini, and get your missus to drive you around the streets of Burnley while you work your magic.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by pianosNpreschooler @ 08/24/14 11:28 PM

When I was young, I always loved singing, and once I started piano as a teen, I really took off. I have a good ear, and a good sense of rhythm. I grew up in a church that didn't allow musical instruments, but they were superb a cappella singers. I he
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ear worms while jogging by pianosNpreschooler @ 08/24/14 11:23 PM

I think the reason it could happen more for you during jogging, is because your mind is likely blank. My piano teacher is taking a break, so I've chosen to take a weeklong fast from my piano. I've had an earworm almost constantly since the day I st
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ 08/24/14 07:06 PM

Thanks Recaredo and Mandy. I enjoyed both selections! Welcome to RST Mandy!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the piano music of Ernesto Nazareth by Inlanding @ 08/24/14 07:00 PM

Arturo Moreira-Lima plays Ernesto Nazareth beautifully - as well as anyone I've heard play his music.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help - kawai rx2-c conservatory limited edition by KungPaoPanda @ 08/24/14 06:19 PM

Thank you everyone for the help. I will buy GX2.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Confused and Overwhelmed Redux. by sekelmaan @ 08/24/14 03:37 PM

Thanks again all. The quest continues...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How did The Onion know? by Damon @ 08/24/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jdwDon't know who here is old enough to remember Milli Vanilli, but I'll bet the orchestra would be super-keen to perform with them (not). I think one of them killed himself when they were found out. Of course now, everyone
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edinburgh Coursera - Fundamentals of Music Theory by PianoStudent88 @ 08/24/14 03:13 PM

I have really enjoyed the forums for the course. Lots of interesting people at all levels with lots of interesting ideas, knowledge, and questions about music.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: TunerJeffThe sides and the keybed are then attached to that strung-back to create the shape of the piano you are looking at. The sides are often simply glued in place. The keybed will often have glue and screws to secure it to t
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning levers by TunerJeff @ 08/24/14 02:20 PM

Dear David, Yah. My hands can play a 10th easily. I also have a Faulk. Comfy. Multiple hand positions for tweaking notes...and just plain pretty. I have attached a Coleman Tools 20-degree head for clearance of struts, too. But; the old Hale Rosewo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Down and up weight on Kawai RX3 Blak by Carbonblob @ 08/24/14 12:23 PM

hey Colin, What size is your RX? The question is out of curiosity, only. I think Michaelha and Robert45 might weigh in with greater insight. As for myself, I had a Yamaha for 17 years, then bought my RX3 about 17 months ago. The touch and tone bot
Member Recordings
Hi Here is my first audio recording of this beautiful Chopin piece. Chopin Andante Spianato It was played in a Kawai CN34 Digital Piano, recorded through its internal recording function and amplified with Audacity. I hope you enjoy it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Frederic C. and the Freshness of Prokofiev's Op.2 by jeffreyjones @ 08/24/14 10:14 AM

I'm a big fan.. I had a recording of Hamelin playing an obscure and prescient French piece, Decaux's Clairs de Lune. For a counterpoint I also bought a CD of Frederic Chiu with the same work on it. The difference was so dramatic that I sold the Hamel
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Stage Manner by Arabesque @ 08/24/14 09:34 AM

I'd like to ask people about stage manner. When you go on stage and there is that air of expectation, do you manipulate it artistically and act up? Do you wear something stagey? Or do you simply focus on the music? a lot of attention is paid to tech
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Changes to NY Steinways Recently by Grandman @ 08/24/14 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: phackeOriginally Posted By: Keith D KermanThe most significant change made in the last couple of years has been to the NY Hammers. The recipe has been changed and they sound and file and voice very differently Yes, as Markar
Jump to new posts Re: Stabilise tuning on old grand by Olek @ 08/24/14 05:21 AM

The PR may have damaged the soundboard shape, and also the tension can be still too high in front of the bridge vs the back. Some rib glue joint may have suffered of the deformation if tuned from note 1 to note 88 with over pull. The stable tuni
Jump to new posts Re: Brands of soundboard by Olek @ 08/24/14 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: DelYes, there are different brands of piano soundboards: Strunz in Germany, Ciresa in Italy, Balduc in Canada and NW Specialty Woods in America all come to mind. All of these manufacturers select good wood, process it consistent
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Sorry, I just had to share. I'm planning to attend the following concerts in one weekend in 2015: Martha Argerich - http://www.laphil.com/tickets/schumanns-piano-concerto/2015-02-14 - Not a huge fan of this concerto (yet), but I couldn't pass up th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to begin? by AZ_Astro @ 08/23/14 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: earlofmarOriginally Posted By: BrianDX I think a more accurate analogy is learning algebra. Some who are gifted in this area learn quickly, and there are some where despite major effort they will never quite get it. I like you
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to encourage practice by Gary D. @ 08/23/14 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerWe calculate various strategies to infuse the student with a sense of engagement, or ownership if you will, in the endeavor of learning rather than have them feel they are spending their life taking orders for the
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: BennPianoWorks,When you say Schimmel 116 and 120, is that the C116 & C120? Also, why do you prefer the 116 over 120? I am asking because I am looking at both of those right now. The asking price of the 116 is $1,000 less th
Jump to new posts Re: Mass Production Keytop Replacement? by Chuck Behm @ 08/23/14 09:17 PM

Quote:I don't foresee any problems in regards to massive keytop replacement. There are quite a number of people doing this all around the country. No one knows what the final legislation will bring at this point so there is no need to panic. - Frank
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (36251, A Guy, anotherscott, beeboss, aesop, 22 invisible), 1100 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75984 Members
42 Forums
157154 Topics
2308119 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New start - wish me good luck:)
by FarmGirl
08/29/14 11:21 PM
Automatic Piano Players...
by tksler
08/29/14 10:33 PM
No one home?
by ScottM
08/29/14 08:05 PM
Prokofiev's 5 piano concertos, live: Marinskij/Gergiev etc
by fnork
08/29/14 07:36 PM
Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan
by Serge Marinkovic
08/29/14 07:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission