Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Buzzing Speaker(s) by Morodiene @ 08/22/14 08:45 PM

Have you tried playing around with EQ and see if you can isolate the frequencies that are causing the buzz? Another option is bypass the onboard speakers and use monitors or amp and speakers instead (or keep the on-board speakers at the below 50%).
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Piano by JohnSprung @ 08/22/14 08:44 PM

Spinets these days are typically worth zero or less -- it costs money to haul them away. There's a big board you can open up under the keyboard in front of where your knees go. This'll get you a look at the action. If you see plastic hinges --
Jump to new posts Re: Midi file format on Roland Piano Partner App by Kawai James @ 08/22/14 08:41 PM

I've had some degrees of success using the freeware MuseScore in the past. Be sure to use the 'nightly build' version, which offers additional functionality not found in the current 'release' versions. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin BJ124 and other New Pianos by Benn @ 08/22/14 08:16 PM

Good to know, Glenn. Thanks! Would you consider the BP3 to be a big improvement from the BJ124 or not a significant one? Also, can you tell me a little bit about the action and responsiveness of the BJ124? Of course, I will have to try it for mysel
Jump to new posts Re: New on YouTube: Forte, Stage2, CP4, RD800 by Jay Roland @ 08/22/14 07:16 PM

Wow. There's some things from all boards that i now want. I don't have to ask permission anymore from the better half, so I can just BUY!!!
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by *windowlicker* @ 08/22/14 07:01 PM

USER LOCATION: Oxfordshire UK MAKE: Kawai MODEL: MP7 CONDITION:New PRICE PAID: £1139 DELIVERY CHARGE: 0 VENDOR LOCATION: Morecambe UK VENDOR NAME: Promenade Music PURCHASE DATE: June 2014 Can't wait to get playing!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Lewes Grand Piano Supports by BrianDX @ 08/22/14 06:17 PM

Crawl Space Bracing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First In-House Tuning by Plowboy @ 08/22/14 05:49 PM

Blob, KZ, thanks!
Jump to new posts Imperial Concert 61 Phase Piano by DanPianjo @ 08/22/14 05:34 PM

Hi Everyone, I have this Imperial Concert 61 Phase Piano, it is an electric keyboard. I can't find any information about it. It says made in Italy it is no.37 but that's all I know. I was wondering about a price or any other information. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Imperial Concert 61 Phase Piano by DanPianjo @ 08/22/14 05:32 PM

Whoops! Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 4K piano purchase question by michaelha @ 08/22/14 04:50 PM

I think you can get a Yamaha NU1 hybrid for about $4K. Might be worth checking out. edit: don't quote me on the price, I can't remember, but it's around $4-6K I'm pretty sure.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano? by phantomFive @ 08/22/14 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: terminaldegreeYou could use a 12v car battery and a power inverter, though you'd have to lug the battery back upstairs and charge it periodically. I knew someone who did that with a battery from a diesel semi-truck.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi Everyone by 8 Octaves @ 08/22/14 03:37 PM

Welcome. What's the chance of two different people with identical grand and upright pianos in their signature? My only question is how did you get through the Piano World police on registering another user account with the same IP address that alre
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude Op 28 No 13 - F. Chopin by BruceD @ 08/22/14 03:32 PM

Good balance, nice voice control, musically very satisfying. Thank you. Regards,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Can we strengthen the fingers? by Morodiene @ 08/22/14 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: trigalg693Originally Posted By: phantomFive So what you want to do is increase your range of motion, and bend the joints for better control. These are things that would be considered flexibility,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Can I Sell My Kawai KG-3C? by JohnSprung @ 08/22/14 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: barryman9000@JohnSprung I bet you can find any piano in this range - but in what condition? Quite good condition -- you can have a look and a listen here: http://livingpianos.com/pianos/
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thanks a lot for the insight Tim! I will try to attach an external mic to my Canon (the camera I filmed this with) and maybe move it as far away as I can. I'll come up with another recording next week and hopefully it will address the lack of dynami
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz"y" improvisation/cover issues by kobethuy @ 08/22/14 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: JazzPianoOnlinei would offer that you find a recording that you like and imitate it. you could also find a transcription and play that. you could then extrapolate some of the techniques to tunes of your own choosing. i'd be h
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: hreichgottIt looks like an acoustic piano though? or is it a digital with a fancy cabinet? fancy cabinet, mate mine's a casio px700
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hello to Everyone and to PianoStudent88 by Gene Williams @ 08/22/14 01:51 PM

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: pianomation ll files by Left-CA @ 08/22/14 01:27 PM

From what I understand It is a system software error on QRS side. I recommend waiting for the next update.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD800 impressions and Comparison by Jay Roland @ 08/22/14 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GWILLYOne last tidbit. And no I am definitely not a ghost writer, nor have I ever met Jay from Roland. Just an enthusiast. But here's the god honest message my uncle sent me Jay. Bare in mind he sells Bösendorfer also... haha
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by That Tooner @ 08/22/14 11:32 AM

Nice Andy!
Jump to new posts Re: Problem with Kawai ES7 by lolatu @ 08/22/14 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: musicman100Hi, I have done two recordings but they don't show the problem. However when I play them from the usb stick on the keyboard the problem happens. the Budio shows the notes around F3 http://www.4shared.com/music/n
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Dr. W @ 08/22/14 09:52 AM

For what it's worth, I use headphones with my Kawai MP7 all the time, and have noticed no distortion or any other problems. However, my headphones are nothing special.
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
81 registered (bennevis, barbaram, Ben_NZ, AndrewJCW, 20 invisible), 960 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75979 Members
42 Forums
157135 Topics
2307721 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
? 4 CA95/CS10 owners - soundboard vs external speakers
by markmarz
6 minutes 24 seconds ago
Might play in hotel lounges/bars!!
by Pover
Today at 04:18 AM
a video of Alexander Siloti's daughter playing the piano
by Michael Sayers
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
Kimball spinet neoprene lifter nuts
by dschwoyer
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas
by ColinD
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission