Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
68 registered (Bachus, Albunea, 36251, AndyP, Auver, 19 invisible), 1038 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How to compose a prelude? by SeanDTheComposer @ 05/17/15 05:23 AM

Thank you Nikolas.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: list of tuning pitches by chopin_r_us @ 05/17/15 05:22 AM

Ah, yes, I downloaded it before. Umm, no help button? I'm nearly the generation that expects instant gratification. edit: hold on, I think I just created a perfect 5th!
Jump to new posts Re: glueing plastic keytops with hide glue... by jinorden @ 05/17/15 05:15 AM

Thanks Olek! If it holds a few years it's good enough, could redo later. Gives me time to buy pvc-e! :-))
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pleyel piano--Cheap! by chopin_r_us @ 05/17/15 01:49 AM

Wooden frame, straight strung. The strings will be of a much lighter iron. There are a number of early string suppliers in the UK. If it was here I'd jump at it!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Casio Celviano by Brian Lucas @ 05/17/15 12:25 AM

Congrats on the new Clavinova. I just checked the specs and it looks like you can record directly to a USB thumb drive and then transfer the WAV file to your computer. Much easier, less connections to troubleshoot. Plus, I believe the sound will be m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Minor scales by Brian Lucas @ 05/17/15 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By keystringMy point, however, was that it doesn't always go that way in music. As students, when we are given that as a model, we may take it as gospel. It happened to me. Thoughts on that? You're right. They are more guidelines
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing one hand quieter than the other by grace_note @ 05/16/15 11:18 PM

Yes! I have done this successfully. There is a video on YouTube on how to "ghost play", by Pianist Magazine, one of a series of interesting and helpful tutorials. Don't be put off by the term "Master Class". These are principl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts About Being "Self-Taught" by rocket88 @ 05/16/15 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves In the end, a piano teacher is much more than any other kind of teacher I've known because seldom does anyone have a teacher for the length of time as a piano teacher. I had my first piano lesson with my teacher in Jan
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help - 2005 Yamaha DGB1 or 1992 Baldwin R by casualplayer @ 05/16/15 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By Eric GlooOriginally Posted By master88er That being said, you are making some very wrong assumptions about the Baldwin product. First, the company IS NOT in financial trouble and is owned by Gibson (the guitar folks). The company
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do I post queries about my piano? by Mykal E @ 05/16/15 06:21 PM

Thanks! I appreciate the the lead.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano as Furniture by michaelha @ 05/16/15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By R_B Individuals have been putting slabs into grand and upright cases for quite some time, there are some VERY abbreviated micro-baby-digital-grands with speakers acting as transducers on horizontal soundboards. I think you are ju
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Haydn Sonata Hob. XVI:34 in E Minor, Movement 1 (state) by colin_pianist18 @ 05/16/15 05:24 PM

Thanks! But yeah, I was a bit nervous when I was performing this lol. I had a bigger audience than I had when I was at districts, but it was still fun. It was a bit hard to have dynamic changes with the piano, but I focused on that when performing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering choices by Derulux @ 05/16/15 05:00 PM

For me, this is a question of tempo. The faster the tempo, the more likely I am to choose 52121. The slower it is, the more likely I am to connect the A-F# with the pedal. 51421 or 51321 being most-likely. I choose this because, as the tempo incr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fun Liszt pieces? by Pover @ 05/16/15 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By ChopinAddict I think there was also an index of the pieces contained in those books on the pages I had linked to, so you could just have a look and if you like them you can download them from IMSLP. You're right! I'm not sure
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more... by Bachus @ 05/16/15 03:21 PM

One more Question, does the EX board for the EX4 hold the exact same sounds and options as the H1?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts San Diego practice space? by decibel101 @ 05/16/15 03:08 PM

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone was aware of any places to practice in the San Diego area? I will be by the convention center and don't mind to travel a bit (half hour) and standard rates ($) shouldn't be an issue. Checked on yelp and Google but
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai model 906 vs 907 by Steve Cohen @ 05/16/15 02:59 PM

It likely is a Millennium II action.
Jump to new posts Re: replacing missing keys by musicbased @ 05/16/15 02:08 PM

The OP's missing keys...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: May Quiz: what piano piece predates 4:33? by BruceD @ 05/16/15 01:49 PM

I was going to say 4:32, but that is silly, so I won't say it. Cheers!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ultimate Vertical Piano by musicpassion @ 05/16/15 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By WhizbangI feel privileged to play my Fandrich Piano Company U-122, though she's a bit temperamental. I have a friend who's worked as an audio engineer and he considers it the best upright he's heard. Since the thread is active a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai Defends Plastic Action Parts by Rickster @ 05/16/15 01:27 PM

There has been some great comments here in this thread, as well as some very educational ones by some of the most qualified and experienced tech's and dealers in the world. However, I think this thread has served its purpose and it's time to move on
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Studiologic SL88 by Bachus @ 05/16/15 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By JFP"But then, maybe the keyboard shown at the Musik Messe was just a very very early prototype and they might be adding knobs and sliders on it at release.." Yeh right ;-) I am afraid that is not how it works. What
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Need sostenuto rod and rail for 1900Stieff upright by dogperson @ 05/16/15 12:12 PM

Hello All i am the owner of a 1900 Stieff upright, which I dearly love and want to restore/maintain as well as humanely possible. It is missing the sostenuto rod and rail... I have looked on the internet, but I am really clueless. Could some kind s
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/wYDvXibl9cw
Pianist Corner
Hahaha TwoSnowflakes. :P
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
a recently designed 9 8 grand piano
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:19 AM
Kate Hull Bundy: Diaries of a Young Pianist, 1891-1898
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:13 AM
How to perform right the first time
by Hakki
05/23/15 04:40 AM
Re-install a keystick??
by Schick
05/23/15 02:49 AM
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
05/22/15 09:09 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,259 Topics
2,409,396 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission