Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Consolation 3 played by Paul Barton question by briandang @ 08/28/14 02:17 AM

Thank you, Richard. I wanted to see how it was played smoothly because I feel a bit awkward with #2 finger on bA, also where 1 and 5 placed on the keys may help reducing stress on the wrist at this far reaching position.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sturdy support for digital piano? by HaraldC @ 08/28/14 01:28 AM

Especially for the MP11 and only from the information found on internet, I narrowed it down at either: K&M 18950 --or-- Quik Lok WS-650 See also this thread: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2297073 The K&M at it's l
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Some Swan Lake by harpon @ 08/28/14 12:53 AM

Actually did this last year- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmkeFRH7Yos&list=UUOcL4qNa1PxaUzgfjeERryg now that I'm here- I might have more incentive to get back on the keyboard and record more- Havent played as much since I lost the spinet in
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: on revisiting Chopin Etudes by Cheeto717 @ 08/28/14 12:18 AM

The great thing about these etudes is that everything else becomes so much easier after working on them !
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic piano pedal problem !!! by kobethuy @ 08/27/14 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: joflahIf you can't get a new pedal from Casio, and if your piano uses the same pedal connector that my Casio PX120 did (also a 5-pin straight connector) you might be able to substitute a different pedal with a strong metal hinge
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mooozart Effect by Minnesota Marty @ 08/27/14 10:46 PM

Flat-strung? Like a cheese slicer? Perfect for moozzarella!
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Any interest in reviving the Denver area piano group? by Strings & Wood @ 08/27/14 09:56 PM

I am in, keep me posted. Carl
Adult Beginners Forum
Earl, Charles must have been busy at the time, somebody else picked up; lol. Monica, Thank you! Lost that advantage though and will be getting one probably pretty fresh off the assembly line. While the dealer was preparing my piano, he found a defec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Too ashamed of lack of progress to go back for lessons by Charles Cohen @ 08/27/14 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Saranoya[quote=earlofmar] . . . Hmm. Ask some of the regulars on the teacher's forum. You will find people there (not that many, but you will find them) who simply don't want to deal with older adults, or students with a disabil
Jump to new posts Re: Stand Suggestion For a Yamaha Moxf8 !! by Kawai James @ 08/27/14 08:25 PM

In this case I would be more inclined to trust the product specifications on the manufacturer's website, however this can presumably be clarified by contacting K&M and Musician's Friend. It could be that they are both correct, but measuring 'Min
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Craig HairPaul, Chickering grands of this era were some of the finest pianos made in the world. It may be rough, but it is no P.O.S. It has potential, and any improvements you can make will be rewarded. We are in the last stage
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES100 vs Kawai MP7 by Morodiene @ 08/27/14 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gbitwWent and tried a MP6 and ES7 tonight. Seemed nice based on my limited experience. The key action is definitely lighter than something like the Yamaha P-255. My biggest concern about the ES100 at this point is speaker qua
Jump to new posts Re: tunelab update by Gadzar @ 08/27/14 07:28 PM

Glad to hear that! Do you know what are the differences with the previous version?
Piano Forum
I tune pianos, but I'm also a "piano player"...so I took the test. 100%. Fun...thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: Who makes ribbon moulding? by Jon Page @ 08/27/14 06:57 PM

Check with David Hughes at http://www.vintagecaseparts.com. If you have a similar strip from which to make a pattern, you can apply a mold release and make a mold with Bondo. Then you can slather on Lake One Wood Rebuilder and duplicate with the Bon
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Taking a month off by JohnSprung @ 08/27/14 06:47 PM

Depending on transportation, I sometimes travel with a 61 key digital board and headphones, for hotel room practice.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Keyboard Harmony by Phil DeGreg by paul abrahams @ 08/27/14 06:21 PM

Here's my YouTube video taking you through all the 7th chords: major, minor, dominant and half diminished. It's really important that you learn these in the 'tricky' keys. Remember that one tune can change key a number of times. Also, when you get to
Originally Posted By: Kawai JamesWhat is your budget? Something like the Scarlett 2i2 would do the job. Cheers, James x I already have a Focusrite FireWire device like this. I'll give this a shot and report back.
Jump to new posts Re: PianoTeq typical configuration at home/studio by Mike407 @ 08/27/14 03:10 PM

Thanks to you both. When I decide on monitors I'll know how to handle them. The 2i4 is a nice unit with the connection capabilities I'll need. The Tannoy 502's have a great price on sale at Guitar Center but I think I need to try several out. I can
Jump to new posts Re: Try my quiz on narrow, wide and pure intervals. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 08/27/14 02:27 PM

Thanks Johnkie, PW has been great for refocusing my efforts so they are more accessible and efficient.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Nice Tribute to Robin Williams on a Yamaha Grand... by Michael Sayers @ 08/27/14 02:08 PM

I would like to hear him play a little Jelly Roll Morton . . .
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The Earthquake and its musical framing by music32 @ 08/27/14 01:03 PM

amusing.
Jump to new posts Re: Using a piano tilter safely by Eric Gloo @ 08/27/14 12:28 PM

Of course, if you don't attach the tilter to the piano somehow, an extra person is good in case you are trapped underneath the piano and can't call the ambulance.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 76 No. 1, Bach Prelude + Fugue in E-flat Major by Elizabeth_Bennet @ 08/27/14 12:21 PM

Thank you! I figured you were referring to the Brahms. It's such a lovely piece, and not as frequently played as some of his other pieces, such as Op. 118 No. 2. Have you posted a recording of your version of Op. 76 No. 1? I would love to hear your
my thought was that the keyboard is never star of the show, for typical modern band setting its vocals, guitar, bass and drums with some fill in key effects. I see bands use "trash" keys and it works more than just fine. I'm biased though
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
136 registered (Alan F, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, ajames, 40 invisible), 1467 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157253 Topics
2309686 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway or Porsche?
by Jennymomofboys
28 minutes 31 seconds ago
Shostakovich Prelude 4 (E minor)
by johnlewisgrant
Today at 09:24 PM
Help!
by MandyD
Today at 09:09 PM
kitchen studio for summer just gone
by toddy
Today at 08:41 PM
Aebersold Play-Alongs
by EP
Today at 06:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission