Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
86 registered (Barly, anotherscott, bennevis, Al LaPorte, 29 invisible), 1278 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ed. Seiler studio piano by leel @ 11/17/14 10:01 PM

thanks for that info
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The search begins ... by hogfan @ 11/17/14 09:09 PM

Thanks to everyone who's replied for the encouragement! I AM having fun chronicling my piano search, and maybe it will even prove useful to someone else down the line ... Originally Posted By: Mark PolishookMy piano search, which went on for about
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: underfloor heating effects by michaelopolis @ 11/17/14 08:32 PM

I'm not sure its deteriorating, that's why my post here was to find out about others experiences, I've heard and read online that it can do harm to pianos but obviously your own experience differs. Underfloor heating is not very common in this part o
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: GEM RP800 or KAWAI CA15 or BLUTHNER EKLAVIER1-2 by Kawai James @ 11/17/14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: AtlantisHeroKawai James, Do you have any idea about Ketron GP-1? Sorry, I am not familiar with this model. Kind regards, James x
Piano Forum
Long ago in the early IBM PC days, I wrote assembly code. One of the things I did was to make a qwerty board beep tone "piano" program with naturals across the Q row and numbers for sharps and flats. What I learned from that is that anyt
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Chickering 105B Concert Grand by Craig Hair @ 11/17/14 07:24 PM

Plan view of Chickering 105B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I Rceived this Email This Morning by JohnSprung @ 11/17/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkarianRE: Free Fill Dirt! You haul away Actually, if you need fill, you can often get it delivered for free. It turns out that there are more construction projects that need to get rid of dirt than that need dirt to fill
Jump to new posts Re: Split function in KAWAI MP7 by Kawai James @ 11/17/14 06:49 PM

Pawel, thank you for your explanation, now I understand what you're hoping to achieve. As you may know, Kawai's non-stage piano models do allow upper/lower splits to be established by pressing the two sound buttons you wish to play, and for the spli
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Decent Baby Grand for about $2000-$3000 by MarkSG @ 11/17/14 06:23 PM

It's definitely doable, just not with a new piano. But if you buy a new piano, just like a car, it will depreciate very quickly. I had a great 1945 Henry F. Miller piano that I bought in 1978 for $750, and sold in 1992 for $2000-3000 area, maybe ev
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Over the Rainbow - creative approach to learning by JohnSprung @ 11/17/14 06:20 PM

The big problem I have with this is the speed it goes. Working from a chart, I can take the time to figure stuff out, and learn it slowly before bringing it up to performance speed. I can see two possible solutions: 1. Provide the chart. This co
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: pop music rhythms by Nahum @ 11/17/14 06:17 PM

My first experience of pop piano arrangement for pupil: winner Eurovision 1965 "Poupee". I think that I am somewhat overdone, but the 10 - year-old pupil perfectly coped with it. I used the technique of dividing the rhythm between han
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "Fools Gold" by One Direction on Piano by Zach Evans @ 11/17/14 05:34 PM

Here's another one! Keyboard Cover of "Fools Gold" YouTube Link -Zach Evans
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear I've spent a number of hours over the last few months bringing this piano back to life after several years of neglect. Hi Andy, you obviously did an excellent job with that neglected piano as a technician and
Originally Posted By: GrandpianomanThis is not a problem on both my player grands...those player systems can perform rapid fire repetition, prob faster than human hands...:) Once the Touchrail is installed, you have to adjust each note with a weigh
Adult Beginners Forum
I like these books, but after working about halfway through the first one I thought I needed to dial it back and work through a more basic method. I have every intention of working through them in detail in maybe a year or two. Even if that doesn't h
Jump to new posts Re: Any tips on suitable laptops for live gigs? by David Farley @ 11/17/14 03:15 PM

When I saw Erasure a couple years ago Vince Clarke was using a MacBook to do everything except for the few times he picked up an acoustic guitar.
Jump to new posts Re: Stiff action on a Yamaha CLP-330 by David Farley @ 11/17/14 03:03 PM

Wow - I just googled and white lithium grease is, in fact, the recommended fix for car door hinges. Useful stuff.
Jump to new posts Re: Options for DP's with rhythm/beat? by petes1 @ 11/17/14 02:44 PM

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure that you'll get tons of enjoyment out of your new keyboard! And there's nothing to be sorry about, since after all you're buying this for you and you alone, and your satisfaction is all that matters.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Carl Reinecke 19th century; worth to play by Johan B @ 11/17/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: scorpioOriginally Posted By: BrianDX One of the things I've come to realize is that folks like me with average musical abilities (but also with a great zest for learning) is that there is quite a difference between the Elementar
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: need recommendation for next piece to learn by hollyanderbody @ 11/17/14 01:37 PM

Oh yes, I love Arietta too. Thanks everyone, I'll be you-tubing these soon!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: GOOD EARS by JamesPlaysPiano @ 11/17/14 01:30 PM

I agree with others that perfect pitch isn't necessary, as cool as it is, to being a decent pianist. Strong relative pitch is important for being a good classical player, but not critical. However, relative pitch (and ear-training overall) is super
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cringe by Damon @ 11/17/14 12:52 PM

As poor of taste as the original post may have been, I think this 'scolding' is a little much. IMO, it would be best to just lock the thread and move on.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by chrisbell @ 11/17/14 12:51 PM

Thanks JW!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best piano exercise collection book? by hreichgott @ 11/17/14 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: bjorn of brekkukotIs Hanon good for developing trill technique? What is generally recommended for this? Hard to beat no. 34 in this Czerny collection http://imslp.org/wiki/100_Progressive_Studies,_Op.139_(Czerny,_Carl) The tr
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by bkw58 @ 11/17/14 10:55 AM

Cheap Piano with strings attached
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saint-Saens 2nd concerto - best edition (fingering)?
by Barly
16 minutes 33 seconds ago
Music reading apps for iPad that use mic
by Artur Gajewski
Today at 03:02 AM
About Roland's PHA4 STANDARD and F-130R
by Yussnan84
Today at 12:55 AM
Call me irresponsible....
by harpon
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Yamaha used U1/U3 or new B3?
by blackjack1777
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Forum Stats
77024 Members
42 Forums
159309 Topics
2340202 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission