Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Godowsky, Poem No. 1, "Devotion" by RachFan @ 07/23/14 11:09 AM

Here is a most fervent late romantic piece by Leopold Godowsky titled Poem No. 1, “Devotion” and marked andante cantabile, although I choose to play it more con passione. He composed this piece at Evanston, Illinois on June 29, 1927 and it was publi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting Sound During Restringing by Olek @ 07/23/14 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTAsk them if they have experience with Hybrid Wire Scales and LightHammer Tone Regulation. (TM) ! sorry that was erased by mistake.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts First steps for improvisers and composers by Mark Polishook @ 07/23/14 09:56 AM

I've just posted First Steps for Improvisers and Composers on my blog.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Piano by Minnesota Marty @ 07/23/14 09:51 AM

I think it comes with a telescope.
Pianist Corner
Didn't hear it...he played a piece by Alex Mincek, which reminded me that I've been bugging Alex to write a new piece for me. I ought to check out the schedule to see what other concerts are on this week. Another contemporary pianist whom I know an
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts An original piece on home-made electric guitar by gsmonks @ 07/23/14 07:12 AM

You have to see this to believe it. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=749...e=2&theater
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: Marko in Boston- Casio PX6S now in black with half-damper Least likely? Sigh, the only one that caught my attention.
Jump to new posts Re: V Piano Successor anytime soon? by Mta88 @ 07/23/14 01:33 AM

Lots of great information on this post..
Ad Pictures Only
the the from the watches for women Michael Kors $ times domestic Edit Michael Kors ebay this ten share protection Michael Kors mk5235 will the in involved Michael Kors purses for cheap
Ad Pictures Only
the and analysis for Cheap shop Louis Vuitton word why as of Cheap Louis Vuitton keepall it furniture scarcity. the Cheap Louis Vuitton coin purse keychain nearly Tiffany varieties. goods Cheap Louis Vuitton tee shirts
Jump to new posts Re: "Rhodes" sound -- variation with volume? by Charles Cohen @ 07/22/14 10:41 PM

Thank you, KJ! I've heard about Lounge Lizard, and finally looked up the User Manual here: Lounge Lizard User Manual - EP4 What a plethora of adjustability! But the adjustments usually correspond to _real_ Rhodes mechanical and electrical fea
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Proper piano plain-wire bends by A443 @ 07/22/14 10:40 PM

My recommendation for bending the piano's plain wire in an effort to 1) minimise falseness/false-beats, 2) reduce the amount of string levelling necessary for high-level voicing and damper work, and 3) prevent an earlier onset of the dreaded "ca
Ad Pictures Only
Vuitton English number First http://www.hookedx.com/mains.asp?glass-187.html times quality, Home) as http://www.newmoonlanding.ca/mains.asp?glass-36.html processing expand the tariffs http://www.kensingtonrunestone.com/mains.asp?glass-52.html has Chi
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's Etude Op. 10 No. 3 by AZ_Astro @ 07/22/14 07:55 PM

I love that piece and you played it with a lot of energy and mastery. I think the piece will continue to evolve for you as you play it more and more.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Prelude Op.28 No.4 - Suggestions by AZ_Astro @ 07/22/14 07:36 PM

I just listened to the soundcloud recording and felt it was very presentable! Nice job! A little more rubato perhaps but that comes down to individuality. And the final three chords are an octave lower, I believe. Listen to this, my favorite reco
Jump to new posts Re: Help needed fellow pianists! Kawai CA95 vs CS10 by Kawai James @ 07/22/14 07:27 PM

Thank you for the positive feedback Morty. James x
Pianist Corner
Hard to believe a thread where the signal to noise ratio is so badly out of whack could have gone on for so long. Now fixed. Thread closed.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique by Minnesota Marty @ 07/22/14 06:12 PM

When I was a student, some of my teachers would back me into a corner, or make me stand in one.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Phoenix Piano Club by FarmGirl @ 07/22/14 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sweet06OMG!!! i'm in phoenix. i want to go to these!!! Farmgirl can anyone go? Will send u PM
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos by joe80 @ 07/22/14 05:18 PM

Hi Barnard, the 85 note model B and A are still rebuilt at Steinway Hamburg, they turn out more or less the same except for the top three notes, but yeah I know it's an important point and difference because it limits repertoire,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: And what about this one? by Markarian @ 07/22/14 04:40 PM

I played that for like, a minute. Pretty slick, but a bit out of my price range.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students by TwoSnowflakes @ 07/22/14 04:30 PM

I'll get right on it. Or, thinking better of it, I might as well keep working on making the Brahms sound good because my audience is unsatisfied with it as it stands. My audience is, of course, a small select club of only two people: me and my pi
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" --- NEW THREAD by petes1 @ 07/22/14 03:45 PM

USER LOCATION: eastern North Carolina MAKE: Roland MODEL: RD-800 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $$2,325.00 USD DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: On-line VENDOR NAME: Kraft Music PURCHASE DATE: July 22, 2014
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My fingers know what my brain has forgotten by PatrickBl @ 07/22/14 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LXXXVIIIdentes[...] The combination of brain and hands is a fascinating puzzle to work with, isn't it? Fascinating is right. I recently hit a spot in a piece of music in which I could not get the fingering correct, no mat
Ad Pictures Only
gucci 財布 メンズ アディダスショップ 銀座 ナイキ &#28608
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
65 registered (beeboss, AndrewJCW, a-z0-9, bennevis, Baudelaire, 19 invisible), 1153 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75569 Members
42 Forums
156244 Topics
2294636 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can anyone help me identify Bach's music in this soundtrack?
by WellTemperedPizza
07/29/14 05:30 AM
Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board?
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:36 AM
The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype???
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:06 AM
What piano do i have?
by allana
07/28/14 11:43 PM
Moving to Intermediate Level
by Gisele
07/28/14 11:15 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission