Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
79 registered (AZNpiano, beet31425, Alan Cyr, Anne H, AnimistFvR, 24 invisible), 1192 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Often Do You Tune? by monads @ 11/20/14 12:05 PM

My piano is serviced twice a year, normally around April & October. I play everyday for least 1.5hrs on avg.
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe & Theatre
Jump to new posts Re: Where to consign a harpsichord? by Ken Knapp @ 11/20/14 11:02 AM

I would either do craigslist, a group on facebook, eBay, or a local piano store or music store. However, consigning to a store does not always work well.
Adult Beginners Forum
I have spent some time on "Aloha Oe", or, as I like to call it, the "hawaiian ukelele song". It's impressive how the rolled chords on the piano can simulate the slow strum of a stringed instrument. I've been working on making the
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone follow or listen to Benny Green by KlinkKlonk @ 11/20/14 08:33 AM

He looks like Bilbo Baggins
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The middle pedal of a upright piano was fell out. by David Jenson @ 11/20/14 08:29 AM

Just reinforcing Ryan's post; technicians work with these types of problems on a daily basis. If something is seriously wrong, the tech. can notify the dealer and suggest a remedy. This sounds like a problem that will be very easily fixed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT - Going Hiking by barbaram @ 11/20/14 06:58 AM

Brrr indeed! Glad to hear you are feeling better and back on the trail, but wishing the weather was a bit kinder for your return. Less than 500 miles to go - everything is relative I guess, because I find myself thinking "only" 500 miles,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: isn't Kinderszenen great? by Francisco Scalco @ 11/20/14 06:08 AM

Asynchronization is beautiful when used with good taste (on certain repertoire), but one needs to be careful with "historically accurate" performances... It's easy to hide yourself behind this concept, and forget about the present. Having
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: About scales... by Michael Sayers @ 11/20/14 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: Michael Sayers In chess, if "you" want to become a titled Master, or just want to be able to play to the best of your ability, then you will study all five volumes of the Chess Informant
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By: pdxfz1Originally Posted By: Frédéric LOnly the L plug is labelled /Mono... If you use only one Jack, it should be L/Mono. But since pianoteq could send stereo sound, using both plugs should be better (with a cable 2x 6,35 -- 1x
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks, EnGee. I am still working on that piece, trying to get it to sound better. I really hope you'll submit something in the next recital. I thought your piece in the first recital was really nice and was disappointed when you didn't show up to th
Jump to new posts Re: Reasons for serial # change on Steinway? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 11/19/14 11:16 PM

Yes Chasingrainbows.
Piano Forum
Cool! Congrats! (don't be afraid to haggle a little if you haven't committed to it yet).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FINALLY had my piano tuned! by Plowboy @ 11/19/14 09:44 PM

Nice, huh? Enjoy!
Thanks for the info Jack!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new baby grand is here! by michaelha @ 11/19/14 07:45 PM

Congrats Ann. Interesting to see you playing Howl's Moving Castle. I played that one too. Fun left hand - also played another from Joe Hisashi, "One Summer Day." Enjoy your new piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Buying from Kawai online by Saad @ 11/19/14 07:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for dealers.
Piano Forum
Chickering console termination point rounded, but rough harp material- no pictures of bass area
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts hickering console termination by harpon @ 11/19/14 06:41 PM

Rounded point, but rough harp material
Hi Everyone, Many thanks for these useful replies. I will weigh my options and inform you of my choice and how it went. All the best, drutgat
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is considered new? by michaelha @ 11/19/14 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: NorbertWhat's exactly the argument to be made here? Really not getting the point. In Canada we're really not caring about things like that anymore- if ever have. 80% of my customers are of "non-white" extraction - w
Jump to new posts Re: Why would one hammer be loose? by Ed Foote @ 11/19/14 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul678I agree with A454. But I also understand the concept of "trade secrets." You see this in every human endeavor, really: The "tricks of the trade" are jealously guarded, in Engineering, Music, tatto
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Info about a Cable Nelson - Please help by BrianDX @ 11/19/14 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: batmomI may be able to get a yamaha M450 2007 for about $500 more. Would it be a better buy? Every piano quit frankly is a bit unique in it's own way, both in terms of sound and touch, so I hate to generalize. However, on pape
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New Home for Steinway by Steve Cohen @ 11/19/14 03:53 PM

PRESS RELEASE - (Courtesy the Music Trades) New Home For Steinway Hall STEINWAY HALL WILL RELOCATE from its landmark location on New York's 57th Street to the former location of the International Center of Photography, 14 blocks south on 43rd Str
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Brand New by Lawrence Mr. Cool @ 11/19/14 02:36 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a much better understanding of where to head from here.
Jump to new posts Re: A Piano Tuner Needs Help by A454.7 @ 11/19/14 02:01 PM

Commerce rules--an unfortunate reality of modern uncivilisation.
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Problem with mothergoosetools.com website
by daniokeeper
Today at 02:33 AM
New piano student
by IWG.
Today at 01:18 AM
Technique for holding down chords
by DeadPoets
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Steingraeber A170 vs. Steinway M - appreciate helpful input
by ElaineAllegro
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Rachmaninov Sonatas - 1 vs 2?
by iObsessed
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
Forum Stats
77053 Members
42 Forums
159358 Topics
2340913 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission