Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
163 registered (Adam Malone, Albunea, accordeur, ajames, anamnesis, 42 invisible), 1894 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Used Yamaha P105 $350 - Worth it? by Charles Cohen @ 04/22/15 12:29 AM

As a PX-350 owner: If you're just starting out in music -- no experience on any instrument, no music-theory knowledge -- the P105 is a good deal. The PX-350 is considerably more flexible, but that won't do you any good until you know what you want
Member Recordings
Enjoy~ https://youtu.be/jBXaCSzD0g4
Piano Forum
If the tech is a first class tone-regulator and the action was rebuilt with the W,N&G shank/flange and the wound scale was redesigned with hybrid wire protocols-I think $8K is reasonable. If the rebuild was with original spec parts the value is m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Randy Potter in Philadelphia by Gadzar @ 04/21/15 09:53 PM

Me! In 2006 I took his correspondence course. Simply great!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just got a Yamaha P-105...now what? by soundsquire @ 04/21/15 08:29 PM

The first edition of Fundamental Keys was waiting for me when I got home today. Gonna dig in...
Jump to new posts Ardour 4, now built for OSX and Windows by ElmerJFudd @ 04/21/15 08:23 PM

Linux users' DAW of choice (or necessity ) is coming to OSX and Windows. If you aren't already deep into one of the free or paid versions of the most popular (and plentiful) DAWs, it's worth a look. Ardour now supports Core Audio, ASIO, and can
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Might have to switch from PC to Apple by Ralph @ 04/21/15 08:15 PM

If they have the guts to name something " IGould", then I might switch.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Piano Teaching Legacy of Solomon Mikowsky by Opus_Maximus @ 04/21/15 07:55 PM

I'm familiar with it. Sadly, the man himself falls far short (both personally and professionally) of the ideal of teaching and knowledge in the thesis.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertigo on the Piano Bench? by malkin @ 04/21/15 07:49 PM

I hope so too!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Sam Smith - Stay with me (advanced piano cover) by Danielzzz1234 @ 04/21/15 06:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrCEpNvBOA
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi im NEW by LadyNemesis @ 04/21/15 04:55 PM

Hi DigitalC, welcome! I'm also quite new and I also use a not-so-expensive keyboard A yamaha. I don't find it crappy to be honest, I quite enjoy the sound. I'm sure real pianists will cringe but ey, I like it, it's touch sensitive even and we're beg
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pedal Notation? by blackjack1777 @ 04/21/15 04:51 PM

Everyone, thank you for all of the responses! I really feel like I've got a much better understanding - at least theoretically we'll see what happens once I try it out! It's pretty exciting to be making some larger musical decisions than I'm used t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Meet Frank Baxter! by Norbert @ 04/21/15 04:44 PM

Quote:"The Archbishop of PiWo" does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it? I'll make him 'pope' Norbert
I have spent many hours in the store A/Bing them (primarily the FA vs, 700nx), and ultimately it's been difficult for me to come to any kind of conclusion. Sometimes, I think that they sound very similar and may share the same source samples, wherea
Piano Forum
Spoiler Content Regards,
Piano Forum
Norbert has a good point. If you're stuck on the Yamaha U1 and the dealer knows it then they have leverage. Shop around, try different pianos, make them compete for your business.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Websites with digital sheet music by JohnSprung @ 04/21/15 02:20 PM

For public domain popular music in PDF's scanned from the original published sheet music, there's an extremely valuable resource in the Lester S. Levy collection at Johns Hopkins: http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/ They have information on songs t
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: My new 1917 Bluthner by Marinelife @ 04/21/15 01:21 PM

How lovely. May it bring you joy every day and for many years to come.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Video: Tenderly - as Oscar Peterson by Lafi @ 04/21/15 12:48 PM

A little experiment of mine with this cool piece Hope you like it https://youtu.be/JVWXWXBw80c
Member Recordings
My try of this I am not a jazz pianist, so bare with me I play only Peterson, because i like him so much https://youtu.be/htJF6RLBN_M
Jump to new posts Re: BATTERY OPERATED AMPLIFIER FOR BUSKING by Skyscrapersax @ 04/21/15 12:38 PM

That's worth a look... 15 pounds, but only 5 watts. The Roland Cube Street EX is 50 watts. I'll check out both if any stores around here have them...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mellow sound of Chopin's piano by Maximillyan @ 04/21/15 10:51 AM

Yours grand piano have deep matte mysterious bewitching bass, I'm liked it's Here also Chopin Nocturne op 55 NO°1 (Bluthner grand piano) https://youtu.be/GdhCjtzJoRY see from 5: 51
Member Recordings
One of my favourite pieces https://youtu.be/5oPo3R5ceb0
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Schubert - "Ave Maria" - Piano Solo by Lafi @ 04/21/15 09:31 AM

Bizet transcription and myself on the piano. Enjoy https://youtu.be/Ypn87SgWieY
Jump to new posts Re: Which Controller? by amiller @ 04/21/15 09:04 AM

I pulled the trigger on the Nektar. It will REPLACE the Roland A-500 Pro. Guys, thank you so much for your assistance. Your advice gave me a great place to start my search and ended up pointing directly to the Nektar...THANKS!
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
For the mods: restrict write access to the piano forum FAQ
by wimpiano
04/27/15 02:28 PM
Preferred chords for 12 bar blues, etc.
by Maarkr
04/27/15 02:22 PM
Baroque
by iamanders
04/27/15 02:19 PM
They Don't Really Play
by WhoDwaldi
04/27/15 01:57 PM
Bass String Replacement
by Keelan Taylor
04/27/15 01:21 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,059 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,587 Topics
2,400,366 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission