Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (3times2, anotherscott, accordeur, AprilE, 40 invisible), 1624 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet music on the tablet, Touch PC, ... by Digitalguy @ 10/07/15 03:47 AM

A few details on the Surface Book. The tablet part is indeed as light as the ipad pro and lighter than the smaller surface pro 3 and event than the surface pro 4 (which itself is slightly lighter than SP3 and with a slightly larger screen at 12.3 inc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Nocturne Op.48 no.1 questions. by Carey @ 10/07/15 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By ChopinLives81 **edit** The edition goes into detail about the various sources they used and also how difficult it is to get a concise interpretation of a piece due to the fact that Chopin often made changes to different editions
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New B3 by Jason74 @ 10/07/15 02:43 AM

Congratulations. A B3 is indeed very nice and great value. Enjoy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by 8 Octaves @ 10/07/15 01:50 AM

Ah, I could see why you would get bored. I would too for something I've play for so long. Lucky you get to use the music without losing any points!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite lead-up to a recapitulation? by beet31425 @ 10/07/15 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesand I'm not even sure how to classify the F# minor sonata. I happen to be playing it, so it's much on my mind. What's the classification difficulty? First movement has clearly defined introduction, exposition, develo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Did Liberace ever play the Moonlight 3rd mvt? by brassplyer @ 10/06/15 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By Plowboy http://liberace.org/2015/01/27/liberace-foundation-grants-and-scholarships-report-1981-2011/ Wow, there's really someone named Andreas Sparkuhl.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving grand to another room by Miguel Rey @ 10/06/15 09:32 PM

Thanks Olek! Almost done with the new room, i will post when finished
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Baldwin E - Restore or not? by violarules @ 10/06/15 09:14 PM

1917 Baldwin E
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Song Writing Software by JohnSprung @ 10/06/15 08:35 PM

All real music is to some extent rubato. The notation system of halves, quarters, eighths, etc. is simply inadequate. You can demonstrate this by using the playback function in MuseScore or any of the other programs that has it. It'll play what's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Value of 1992 Kawai GM1 by chino987 @ 10/06/15 08:01 PM

Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2000's Baldwin L Artist? by KurtZ @ 10/06/15 07:32 PM

You're right. I saw, recent vintage and chinese but missed the DH in front of baldwin. Weren't they made in Mexico for a while? Kurt
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts 'I Got A Woman' - solo piano version by T E Bekken @ 10/06/15 07:12 PM

https://youtu.be/Svcd3BSRDLI Played on a Schimmel parlor piano from the early 60s.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano sound characteristics by Veelo @ 10/06/15 07:03 PM

Haha Dave B, I was definitely thinking that part of the great piano sound is attributed to Chick Corea's playing style. I remember a few years ago when I listened to a grand piano live that I was surprised at how loud the piano was and that it had
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Hardest Chopin Etude? and other questions.. by dolce sfogato @ 10/06/15 05:08 PM

I have studied them all, performed them all, still do, and had problems with them all, but not anymore, so it's a long time ago that I had to conquer them. Still, the ones that keep me busy more than the others are: op.10 nrs.1/4/7 and op.25 nrs.4/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Prelude No. 1 - Where is the melody? by dolce sfogato @ 10/06/15 04:46 PM

'the' melody is indeed in the thumb OR the 5th finger, some stick to the 1, some prefer the 5, most change it a bit, that's probably the idea, and for 'melody' one could substitute; harmonic progression, emphasized by 1/5
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Headphones, open or closed? by maurus @ 10/06/15 04:10 PM

Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano books on grand piano, is it near or far? by Tuneless @ 10/06/15 04:05 PM

If it were me (but I'm not a piano teacher), I'd buy a range of the off the shelf reading glasses at Walmart, about $10 each. Then when they came without their glasses, I'd have them find a pair that works for reading the music, and either have them
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on play along by jjo @ 10/06/15 03:54 PM

Yes. Whoever plays the last solo should know to stop the solo on beat 1 of the last bar, so you can play the pick-up.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by Retsacnal @ 10/06/15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By DallasJazzOriginally Posted By Minnesota Marty One of the few giraffes that I have played was a Schimmel-Nelson at the National Music Museum in South Dakota. Well, it was old and tall and didn't speak German, or even 'Sotan, e
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
by tinyking12345
10/13/15 02:22 PM
UT Entropy Tuner
by Withindale
10/13/15 12:46 PM
Auxiliary Cable from Laptop to CA-97
by Gatsbee13
10/13/15 12:42 PM
"Go be a doctor or a lawyer instead"
by Incongruous
10/13/15 12:13 PM
When to switch to acoustic?
by Hartree
10/13/15 10:41 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,028 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,501 Topics
2,454,875 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission