Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
148 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, alfredo capurso, Abby Pianoman, Amir, albumblatter, 38 invisible), 1610 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Cyril did loose bass bridge of upright piano yourself by Maximillyan @ 03/23/15 06:58 AM

Cyril did loose bass bridge of upright piano yourself. Cyril(man) from the city of Kaluga (Russian Federation) been independently restored bass bridge own upright piano "Accord". How did he do it? Cyril watched YouTube channel "Maximil
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: TP400 (TP40Wood) vs VPC1 by 9190 @ 03/23/15 05:41 AM

Originally Posted By gvfarnsGrrrrrr!That's a good point. I agree.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Andrea Granitzio - Five Piano Pieces for Contemporary Kids by TheHappyPianoMuse @ 03/23/15 05:21 AM

Now now Nikolas, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Yep ... I mentioned "cacophony" here more in terms of being delighted to find a composer which didn't subject me to it. I also love the word ... it's resonant. Of course I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piece suggestion for competition by linqilian @ 03/23/15 02:19 AM

When she suggested that, I thought it was easy... but then I thought why would Evgeny Kissin perform that in a packed concert hall?! After some research I then found out it was really difficult and just thought maybe she wouldn't let me play it as fa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What keeps you playing? by The Monkeys @ 03/23/15 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpianoOriginally Posted By The Monkeys Instead, I see too many people who can barely play anything after years of piano lesson. It seems like you can't keep your playing level if you don't keep playing. The years of piano les
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone working on Beethoven Opus 54? by Ferdinand @ 03/23/15 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By beet31425 ... Lately though, I have come to feel that there *is* something here that works. Although it's kind of mysterious exactly what that something is. Maybe I've just gotten used to it. Of course, measure by measure and lin
Jump to new posts Re: 'Calibrating' my piano sound, settings, and speakers by Charles Cohen @ 03/23/15 12:44 AM

Quote:. . . I had my EQ setup a little odd - it sounded 'good' when I was adjusting it, but when I had my levels and speaker positions setup based on the sample sound, I found that I went back to neutral EQ, and really didn't need 90% of the settings
Pianist Corner
The use of each tool is up to the user. I will check for emails, or messages when I'm around others, but it usually takes a few minutes and that's it. Of course I'm in Greece and we're WAY behind you guys, but it remains that my phone, for me, is a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How can this be? by Beacon Chris @ 03/23/15 12:16 AM

From the aforementioned thread: (for newer members, the context was comically farcical) Quote: Now, as to the endorsementability of the FA piano as it relates to the Boise Gay Men's Chorus I have to say to the Forum readers that there is a great am
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dampp-Chaser Question by mellie62 @ 03/22/15 11:59 PM

Thanks for replies above. My question on price was more from curiosity than anything else, as pianos and piano related items seem to be quite a bit dearer here than the US. My well trusted tech has indicated allowing well over an hour for installat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to make the audience go away? ...(on video) by ElaineAllegro @ 03/22/15 11:07 PM

Thank you, Carlos. I downloaded the free trial, need to get up the learning curve a bit, and then hope I'll be done with this project. Much appreciated!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Seymour: An Introduction by ElaineAllegro @ 03/22/15 11:03 PM

scorpio: Thank you for alerting us to this. I went last night. Everyone in the audience sat rapt through all the credits to catch every second of Seymour's playing.
Jump to new posts Re: Should I get the Roland A 88? by Joe Garfield @ 03/22/15 10:25 PM

As a non-employee or rep from Kawai, I will second Kawai James' statement. It is all a matter of personal taste - I won't say anything negative about other brands actions, but I will say that I prefer the wooden Kawai action to any other digital pia
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Working My Piano Room by PhilipInChina @ 03/22/15 10:01 PM

Any soft material between your piano and the floor will reduce the sound but you really need something soft on the wall behind an upright to reduce the sound reflected off the wall.
Jump to new posts Re: Quick question re: Ivory II by Rachel J @ 03/22/15 09:58 PM

I haven't really had luck with that condition slider. No matter where I set it, the sustain sounds weird to me. Almost like a digital piano's looped decay. I like it in some ways, but that weird sustain just always bugs the heck out of me!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Ripples in the Harbor" by Markarian @ 03/22/15 09:23 PM

Wheee, I just got new mics and a pre-amp, so I thought I would take them for a spin with a new piece I've been working on, entitled "Ripples in the Harbor" Markarian - Ripples In The Harbor Thanks for listening!
Piano Forum
We already have a keyboard although not a high quality one. But we are definitely only interested in an acoustic piano. My girls are at the point of learning dynamics and their teacher said an acoustic piano would be very helpful although not comp
Jump to new posts Re: Hypothetically, New hammers for a C7 by kpembrook @ 03/22/15 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By BDBFiling increases the let-off, but that is adjustable. I think you should trust your tech to do what is right. Good results can be had with many different makes of hammers. Not necessarily. If you file just to the bottom of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard in a Band? by Finfan @ 03/22/15 06:45 PM

Thanks fiziksto! I am still terribly new to the keyboard so I'm not sure I understood everything you wrote but I think I've grasped most of it. At this point I'm the forums poor cousin so even $20 a month is an expense I don't want. I'll try a few
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Figured Bass in naming chords? by keystring @ 03/22/15 06:34 PM

The a, b, c, d for inversions seems to be an older version. I first used a book by Horwood written in the 1940's that used this system. Hardly anyone had heard of it, but a few were familiar. We explored these things quite a bit in the past. What
Jump to new posts Re: First tuning my piano with TuneLab by Beemer @ 03/22/15 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By pinkfloydhomerOriginally Posted By BeemerOriginally Posted By pinkfloydhomerIf I remember correctly, you have to go to the tuning curve and touch the green graph with the tuning curve for it to recalculate the tuning curve? Maybe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts A Wonderful Pianist I'd Forgotten by Eldridge @ 03/22/15 06:17 PM

Yara Bernette. I came across this Rachmaninoff recording on YouTube, and realized I owned it years ago. great style; great command: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCNb60InWck
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who's No. 2? by Almaviva @ 03/22/15 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By WithindaleHello Almaviva Are you any the wiser? We are all intrigued to know why you asked. Withindale, I really appreciated the report that you sent me. Ando, thanks for the graphs. I've been doing some research on the Chin
Piano Forum
Goodness gracious! If I wanted to rent a C2X (minimum of 6 months) at over $500 per week from Vivace Music in Australia, that's over $12 grand.
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 11 12 13
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
too funny . . .
by Michael Sayers
Today at 12:59 PM
The Kawai CA. Which road do I take?
by ADWyatt
Today at 12:30 PM
Latency on SONAR X1 LE
by EddieK
Today at 11:50 AM
Cubase 1.0.7 F and G clef, not showing at the same time
by ster100
Today at 11:43 AM
*That* chord in Chopin's prelude in e minor
by Lapinou
Today at 10:49 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,696 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,805 Topics
2,389,813 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission