Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
99 registered (anotherscott, anamnesis, 35 invisible), 1227 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai DP in Germany... by Kawai James @ 12/15/14 03:02 AM

Dou itashimashite!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Italian Concert No.2 by J.S.Bach by Nikolas @ 12/15/14 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuseOriginally Posted By: NikolasIf you go the top of the forum at "My stuff" and click "Edit profile" you should be able to edit your signature there by adding a link. I'm cracking up laughin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Dan, I'm a piano's opposite: I hate air conditioning and love the heat. Darn! I'll follow that tuning advice, thanks. Bosendorff, wow, how interesting. That gives me added confidence in the DC system.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I know exactly what the OP is talking about! I like to key in choral music to create practice tapes for myself. What is not available online I have to create for myself. I have an old Casio keyboard and a Fisher
Jump to new posts Re: Wanting to learn - teach myself by Paul678 @ 12/15/14 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: LBottichioI forgot to come back here and check on replies...work got the better of me and I'm just beginning to look at the piano again. Thanks for the ideas everyone...I understand that a professional is a necessity at some po
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Revenge of the old Grotrians by gynnis @ 12/14/14 10:36 PM

I can only dream of playing Schumann with this level of finesse.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: What breathing method is used when playing fast? by rintincop @ 12/14/14 10:27 PM

Let me put it another way: I play a lot of 3-5 hour solo piano gigs at noisy corporate dinner parties and weddings on stiff pianos. I suspect I don't breath well enough, I am often singing under my breath. Of course I suffer from aching wrists shoul
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Making a Note-Perfect Recording by Charles Cohen @ 12/14/14 10:24 PM

I hate to bring this up, but there _is_ a way to cheat: . . . Record the performance on a MIDI-enabled piano; . . . fix the mistakes in the MIDI file; . . . "realize" the perfected MIDI file with Pianoteq or any other . . . software pian
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: JS Bach/Busoni - Prelude & Fuge BWV 532 by Orange Soda King @ 12/14/14 09:38 PM

If I ever learn another Busoni transcription, it would be this one. Thanks for sharing, it's quite dense an physically taxing. Amazing how you get that sound out of the small grand piano. I feel like the fugue maybe should be a couple clicks faster,
Adult Beginners Forum
I try to don't spend more than 30 minutes daily on general technique. I do have a regime of exercises from my teacher about scales and thrills, speed exercises based on hanon, a set of isidor phillips and tausig to follow... BUT, I don't do everythin
Jump to new posts Re: Things that make me laugh by Jbyron @ 12/14/14 08:49 PM

You should have told her how much you earn in a year with your little hobby. I'm glad Michael's is carrying Steinway parts now, whew that'll make life easier.
Pianist Corner
I was not at the Trifonov concert (unfortunately) but I was at the Wang concert. There was nothing safe about the way she played Islamey and it was magnificent. Scriabin doesn't require maturity???
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Keys 4 kids? And other starter pianos by iLaw @ 12/14/14 07:49 PM

Your daughter is showing a lot of interest too! Time to get her started. Larry.
Jump to new posts Re: Best speakers for Clavinova CLP-470 by pv88 @ 12/14/14 07:02 PM

As someone who owns a CLP-480 (and, an older CLP-990M) my experience is definitely in agreement with MacMacMac above in that adding speakers to a digital piano doesn't necessarily give breadth and quality to the sounds but tends to make the piano jus
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help! Is this a fair price for used Kawai K2? by thestar @ 12/14/14 06:44 PM

Thanks, blob! Thanks, supersport, and extra thanks for the warning. I wouldn't have known to avoid that--and yes, after doing some reading, it's primarily the cool mist ultrasonics that generate white dust. I'm so excited about tomorrow that I like
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for playing with hands together by Beth_Frances @ 12/14/14 06:35 PM

Try playing very, very easy pieces HT from the start. It sounds like you're only working on pieces that are at the absolute limit of your skill set, but you will progress much faster if you also work daily on sightreading pieces that you can easily
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Garbage Bin by larryz @ 12/14/14 04:50 PM

Throwing in this exercise, I've render it in both oboe and clavier to show the difference between the human voice and an instrument (ie, I think it suits the oboe better due to the instrument being nearer the human voice). http://youtu.be/bnvIW2e84dU
Thanks Dan, Yes the Model E is exactly 5' 6". And, thanks for the insights on the Kawai. I should have a technician look it over, if I decide to go that route. Still can't decide on which options as the decisions are all in the same price
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Moonlight Sonata by malkin @ 12/14/14 04:24 PM

"Average" as in the statistic mean is pretty easy to quantify if you have a reasonable numeric sample. It just provides almost no predictive information about any single individual.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are there upright pianos with sostenuto? by malkin @ 12/14/14 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: UtrumpetLast I checked, Astin-Weights were out of production. But they float by second hand all the time.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway model S by carey @ 12/14/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: turandotOriginally Posted By: PianoWorksATLAjay, this is the second very old thread you've re-opened just to rant. I see it has been months since you posted. Is everything okay? It defies the laws of physics that a soggy fo
Jump to new posts Re: How to tune a piano a semi-tone higher by SMHaley @ 12/14/14 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: AlegrettoWhen I tune the harmonic strings... I noticed if I "perfectly" find the same pitch... the result seems to become... how do you say in english... muffled? I mean, it is like if the note needs more air to breath
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha P22 45 inch -- 1982 by WendyD @ 12/14/14 01:07 PM

Hi, I am new to the world of pianos. My children have been taking lessons for about 1.5 years and we've been using a keyboard. Its time to buy piano and the task seems daunting. I found a used piano near our home that is a Yamaha P22 45 inch 198
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage Artificial Christmas Tree by pianohead30 @ 12/14/14 12:59 PM

You may have to copy and paste the URL for it to work. Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Switch entire keybeds from P255 to P120? by FDJTrio @ 12/14/14 11:07 AM

Yes but I would have to carry both keyboards. I actually would like to swap out the 255 keybed and install it in the 120 - if possible
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Never thought it would end up at that instrument ...
by fatast
Today at 05:45 AM
Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores?
by Le Chiffre
Today at 02:08 AM
Guide to Teaching
by Arghhh
Today at 12:39 AM
Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway
by nphase
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!!
by Piano_Brazil
Yesterday at 09:19 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160032 Topics
2350099 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission