Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Treble and Bass Clef on the same stave issue by Brian Lucas @ 04/10/14 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90The clef change isn't like an accidental that lasts the measure. It lasts until it's changed back again. You'll be playing in the bass clef until the end of the second line where it 'turns again to childish treble'. Great
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 (v1.06) and MP7 (v1.02) software updates by Kawai James @ 04/10/14 09:39 PM

Hi puff, good question - thanks for bringing it up. The new 88-key volume/tuning function is set in the SYSTEM menu, to one of five User memories. These memories can then be selected in the EDIT menu, allowing different 88-key volume/tuning setting
Jump to new posts Re: Which VI Labs piano would you buy? by minstrelman @ 04/10/14 09:10 PM

so true. have you tried these headphones: http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HPH-MT220-Headphones-iTunes-Bundle/dp/B00GP657FQ
Jump to new posts Re: Can't decide between Yamaha CLP 470 and Kawai CA65 by tnsettlemo @ 04/10/14 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: gvfarnsOriginally Posted By: tnsettlemoGuys, only Grands have the escapement. Does nobody here play the real thing? Escapement lets you play a note after you have already played it without lifting the key all the way back up. Tr
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 2 - My first couple of hours by Kawai James @ 04/10/14 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: 36251When he left I put it up for sale. Could you return the instrument to the store under their 30-day policy? This way you wouldn't be out of pocket. Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Perfect, thank you very much for your input
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maeari #I0E01033 by Hyundai by AJF @ 04/10/14 06:29 PM

You need to provide more info. Size, year of make. My guess is that it's probably worth a lot less than you are thinking. These are not highly regarded instruments.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "John Doe" - BOB - Piano Instrumental by Zach Evans @ 04/10/14 06:22 PM

Hey everyone, Here's my piano cover of Jason Derulo "Talk Dirty to Me". It was really tough figuring out the saxophone part lol. Hope you like it! Jason Derulo Piano -Zach Evans
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time to switch teachers? by David Farley @ 04/10/14 05:49 PM

Just out of curiosity, is your teacher using any of the supplemental John Thompson books? Does anyone? I'm relearning the piano after many years away, and have actually been enjoying the famous red books. I've sort of focused on moving steadily throu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Are more makers setting their MSRP... by MiguelAngel07 @ 04/10/14 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: AlmavivaAs Mr. Fine states in his "Piano Buyer", manufacturers can play all kinds of games with the MSRP. The SMP is based on wholesale prices and a "reasonable" retail profit margin, and is thus a more accu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Layers of mystery for a Steinway Grand by S. Phillips @ 04/10/14 04:52 PM

I once owned at Steinway Style II that was owned by Edwin Booth, John Wilkes Booth's brother the actor. Funny how these things move around.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: to tie or not to tie? by gooddog @ 04/10/14 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: dolce sfogatoI have noticed these differences in ties since I play the Barcarolle, I have Peters/Paderewski/Henle/Schott and some really ancient editions, none is the same. I prefer the way Zimerman plays it, he sticks to the Pa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What does this remind you of, please? by Nikolas @ 04/10/14 04:34 PM

1. Even though you keep correcting my tpyos, you seem to not understand the word "doubt" in my post. Well done! Plus at least you know my real name, Mr. Anonymous! 2. I wasn't even thinking about you! I was talking to BrainCamp... BTW, do
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By: Whizbang It's completely unproductive to compare yourself to some presumed learning speed standard. Not that it stops me, a long-time pianist, from engaging in it, but, believe me, it's completely unproductive. Yes, I think I
Jump to new posts Re: Roland rd800 or Hp508 by kapelli @ 04/10/14 04:01 PM

Thanks for advices guys, but considering everythig, most probably I will stay with the console piano. And of needed, I will buy some VST. NEeding alway run the program if I want to play for few minutes, I dont like it. And the cables, speakers, pedal
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Policy?? by re22 @ 04/10/14 03:48 PM

Ez, I don't think its ever possible to make everyone happy. Some families have a problem with everything even if it is in their benefit. As long as you're happy and the majority of families are on board I think you've found something that works well
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Frankni What I found rather worrying was the suggestion that he had been rejected from Music School or Conservatory on the basis of the size of his hands alone. I don't buy that for ONE fraction of a second.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Muting difficulty by Olek @ 04/10/14 02:14 PM

I agree with the pattern, I think t just fall in place without most of tuners noticing really (no-one will Pluck the strings at the end of an unison) The fun thing is that there are really only a few possibilities. It is then easy to read what s
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: PolyphonistI don't hear any devil's waltz in the section under discussion. What do you hear?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by LarryShone @ 04/10/14 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Clementi11Hi Heather, It certainly IS a godsend. I'm sure some would see my autism as a negative thing but, personally, I find it a real gift - something I am blessed with rather than something bad. :-) Indeed it should be s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remove Harp w/Strings Attached by ScottW @ 04/10/14 12:08 PM

Thanks again to everyone. I'll try to post some pictures here as I get it going.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question by TimR @ 04/10/14 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneOriginally Posted By: TimRChanged my mind after singing this and tapping it on the desk. It's a triplet on the middle three, the outer two are eighth notes. The common beam makes it confusing. The problem is two
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: WrightOnI'm not sure I follow - I can't change the room. It's a small average living room. Carpeting, couches. I don't want to kill the piano, I want to find a way to soften it without killing it. Your piano is fine and not a
Pianist Corner
The performance is in tribute to the iconic building, Steinway Hall, which has been home to countless recitals over the years, including two of Nagel's. In acknowledging the building and in appreciation of all that Steinway means to the music world,
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: LarryShoneOriginally Posted By: plumpfingersChinese manufactured; designed by famous Swiss designer, Lothar Thomma, with engineering oversight by Steingraeber (German). I believe I'm correct about this, but others may know more
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
130 registered (36251, alex-kid, ando, 38 invisible), 1485 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74213 Members
42 Forums
153520 Topics
2249732 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money?
by talfi composer
26 minutes 28 seconds ago
Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money?
by talfi composer
29 minutes 38 seconds ago
A question about app.box
by LarryShone
Today at 07:08 AM
Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....?
by Grandpianoman
Today at 01:56 AM
Theme identification
by Polyphonist
Today at 01:26 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission