Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (AnimistFvR, Abby Pianoman, acoxcae, AndyP, anamnesis, 35 invisible), 1574 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawaii CN 25/34/35 versus Yamaha CLP 535 by spaceworm @ 11/22/14 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Kayden J I just saw the Yamaha at our local Costco yesterday and it is currently being offered for $2199 thru the following weekend. I haven't done much research about this particular model but from what I've read previously,
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Hi Friends, I'm new to the forums and relatively new to the piano. I've been writing songs and playing guitar for almost 30 years and have *finally* started piano lessons. I wish I'd done it much earlier, because it's already helping my guitar pl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning Jazz - Recommendations by Brandon Sip @ 11/22/14 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: EM Deeka Thanks for the update. I had not heard of Pianobreaks before your post. Any other similar interesting sites that you discovered during your research ? And any particular reason why Pianobreaks became your second choi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gillette Piano Academy by rysowers @ 11/22/14 03:07 PM

It shows that pianos are still alive and well in society's consciousness!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suites recital - fifth batch by Tim Adrianson @ 11/22/14 02:58 PM

Hi, Andy! Just thought I'd pass on some additional information regarding "Les Muletiers devant le Christ de Llivia". This is from the liner notes of a record album that introduced me to de Severac, some 40 odd years ago: "After Blanch
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help identifying Young Chang grand by electone2007 @ 11/22/14 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: terminaldegree I don't think a Del-designed 7' YC is for sale here in the US. That's what I thought. From information I could gather online I think the longest YC grand piano that Del designed is 185 cm. Your reply seems to su
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Used Kemble KS-Win question by maserman1 @ 11/22/14 02:14 PM

Price is used, not new!
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan Abbey Road CFX on sale for $199 ($100 off...) by PianoManChuck @ 11/22/14 02:01 PM

Even the sale price of $199 USD is a hefty chunk of change for something you can't test out first... not even at your local Guitar Center or Sam Ash unless somehow they've already got it set up... and even if they do, it'll make a huge difference as
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Ravel's Pavane for a Dead Princess by Rob_EE @ 11/22/14 01:59 PM

I downloaded this Ravel Pavane back in 2006 and still listen to it VERY often. I have enjoyed some other piano versions, but I think this 'romanticized' version is excellent. In my opinion, this type of coloring, tempo, dynamics and emotion is what m
Jump to new posts Re: Moving abroad with a digital by bjorn of brekkukot @ 11/22/14 01:39 PM

Thank you—yes I neglected the fact that the Roland has inbuilt sounds. I am sure I could find a digital in Hong Kong. The problem is that I will be traveling elsewhere for a couple weeks at a time, so I wanted something I could take along. I've d
Jump to new posts Loose hammer heads: test! by A454.7 @ 11/22/14 01:21 PM

When hammer heads are loose (i.e., the two wooden surfaces significantly detached from one another) an audible click is easily heard at the keyboard during performance, especially when playing pianissimo. As a follow-up, technicians often attempt to
Jump to new posts Re: Using a headphone make me feel a bit dizzy by Peter071 @ 11/22/14 01:14 PM

Hello Ian, No, it is a Kurzwell Micro Ensemble. Peter
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Five Pianos and One Decision by Norbert @ 11/22/14 12:56 PM

Quote: You're english is very good. It's not perfect but it's clearly written and easily understandable. It's a long way from "sucks". You should be proud of your efforts to learn it. P.S. me too... Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clean up the mess on the piano by R_B @ 11/22/14 11:50 AM

That seems to be the thing with Grands, clear off the top and NOW you have somewhere to DANCE !! High heels make a different kind of MESS though; hint/clue: not easily cleared, doesn't polish out, needs a belt sander at minimum.... So, barefoot onl
Jump to new posts Re: One for you soundboard gurus... by jim ialeggio @ 11/22/14 11:12 AM

Hi Roy, Not being a acoustician/physicist, I could be off the mark in my statement. But it seems to me, that if I can thump a board and get the same pitch in any part of the lower portion of the board, that the board, at least in the tenor/bass real
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a returner by Silver Keys @ 11/22/14 10:43 AM

Welcome to the forum. Many here have good success going without a teacher. But I believe having a teacher affords certain advantages. First having that weekly lesson helps keep me motivated. I want to be prepared. Second, I think that having a te
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Suites recital - third batch by Pathbreaker @ 11/22/14 10:00 AM

Handel - Suite No. 16 in G minor - performed by Cinnamonbear These Handel suites are quite charming and your performance of this one has lots of character. Your piano also sounds great in this recording. J.S.Bach Partita no.3 in a-minor performed b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: NYTimes review of Aimard's performance of WTC Book1 by Jonathan Baker @ 11/22/14 09:46 AM

Larry and Anne'sson - thank you, and best regards. JB
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Honky Tonk Train by dire tonic @ 11/22/14 06:16 AM

Nice! There's a complete library of licks in there - really well played!. Liked the false ending. I was trying to remember who it was from years ago - I think it was on a big band recording - who called for "one more one more time!..",
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ever write music? by Markarian @ 11/22/14 05:32 AM

So, I feel compelled to weigh in here. I have been playing the piano since I was 9 and am mostly self-taught, but right around High School I got it in my head that I wasn't a real musician unless I was focused on writing my own material. Now that I a
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bach WTC: Good Editions? by DaveInJapan @ 11/22/14 03:36 AM

Everyone, Your information, including the photo, has been a great help! I will suggest that my student get the Baerenreiter edition as a first choice. If that is not available here for some reason, I'll suggest that she look into getting the Henle
Pianist Corner
Both version overpedalled. First is too slow and the second is too fast. My preference is for neither.
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin Hamilton Hammer Butt and Back Stop Leather
by Ryan Hassell
11/28/14 09:55 PM
Please help me to find out the pattern of this Cdim7
by SZ54
11/28/14 08:12 PM
3 sensors per key vs 4?
by AnimistFvR
11/28/14 07:55 PM
Request For The Pursuit Of Knowledge
by Louis Podesta
11/28/14 07:09 PM
Kawai K500 or Seiler ED126
by Mizar
11/28/14 07:03 PM
Forum Stats
77083 Members
42 Forums
159432 Topics
2341991 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission