Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
134 registered (A Guy, Alux, Almaviva, alexk3954, 41 invisible), 1593 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
The piano is horribly out of tune but is not overall that flat and has no need of pitch-raising. Judging the tone of a piano this out of tune is terribly difficult, not to say impossible and I suspect that the perceived brightness and 'synthetic' n
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Glenn Gould Plays BWV903 Bach Chromatic Fantasy by pianoman9 @ 02/23/15 06:31 AM

Apparently Gould hated this piece, but then plays it better than anyone else! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXSfaAvafM Rock solid technique. Certainly, Gould was one of the greatest piano players to have ever lived.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Indeed, this is true, and not only for digital pianos, but also for acoustics. Strange, but when choosing a digital piano, I didn't pay attention to this point, although I always knew about it, when I studied at music school, college, conservatory. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Obsession available on Amazon as Kindle Daily Deal by Rich Galassini @ 02/23/15 06:10 AM

Cool! Thanks for the "heads up".
Pianist Corner
I think that most pianists arrange heavily the disposition in that section (and many others in Iberia, which cannot really be played as written, and wasn't intended to, in my view). Here, it looks better to keep as much as possible the main theme at
Pianist Corner
I'm glad you folks like the post. Glenn Gould was one of the greatest piano players who ever lived. Thankfully, he was filmed and recorded often during his short 50 years on this earth.
Jump to new posts Re: Which of these digital pianos? by 9190 @ 02/23/15 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By voxpops Sorry people for offtopic, but do anybody know, what is the tune sounding from 1:00? Long time I try to find the name of this piece, but unsuccessfully. People from this YouTube channel never respond.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interval Identification Tip? by Brian Lucas @ 02/23/15 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By Charles CohenOriginally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By Brian LucasI could be wrong, but I don't think too many people when seeing E to Bb in the key of F think of it as a diminished fifth. Only when they hear it.
Pianist Corner
Well, I must say I was quite taken aback with the Quantum Jumping!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
A question that should be asked about the 3M polishing cloths is: "Do they have any other contaminants?" Are there any sort of oils, silicone, or other questionable substances also present in the pad? Substances can react with the metal
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Piano concerto by Francoisfj @ 02/23/15 01:20 AM

So I finished the second movement of my piano concerto, here is the link to the complete and edited version with score, still being played by computer software though Again, opinions are always welcomed Piano concerto no.1 - 2nd movement
Jump to new posts Re: GEM GRPT 140 Factory Reset by Kumi_27 @ 02/23/15 12:44 AM

http://www.generalmusic.us/GEMFiles/Service/Gem/Digital_Pianos/270227-GRPT140.pdf Enter 2571 I'm afraid there is no such thing as factory reset. But there is an autotest and calibration procedure, also described in http://www.generalmusic.us/GEMFile
Thank you James to be never far away when a problem arises... Regards
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Best Technique!!!!! by phantomFive @ 02/22/15 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By Cheeto717Wow I had never heard the Hoffman arrangement of the Chopin waltz. Pretty cool! Glad you could enjoy it!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude no. 2 "the storm" by Francoisfj @ 02/22/15 11:10 PM

Thank you for your comments, it's very apprecited! Haha I don't understand why snakes and ladders :P I like the name storm for it though! And indeed on the first page, it could use a change in notation!
Jump to new posts Re: Organ sounds Kawai MP7 vs. Roland RD-800 by OneWatt @ 02/22/15 11:05 PM

Sleipnir - I do get a lot of enjoyment from the MP7's drawbar organ features. Such great-sounding Hammond B3 sounds - so realistic and responsive, with extensive control, although playing music is always more satisfying than twiddling. Yes, that Oc
Jump to new posts Re: after touch question by Dave B @ 02/22/15 10:52 PM

Check key height and re-level.
Jump to new posts Re: Why we do what we do by Dave B @ 02/22/15 10:47 PM

How bout Debussy's La Mer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUCETiIWb7g
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kapustin - Sonata-Fantasy op. 39 - 4th Movement by Cinnamonbear @ 02/22/15 09:45 PM

Man, this is good!!! I love hearing you play Kapustin! You have such a great feel for this stuff! More Kapustin! --Andy
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday James! by Kawai James @ 02/22/15 08:51 PM

Thank you very much for the birthday greetings, chaps. I appreciate the words of kindness and goodwill. Cheers, James (34 years [not so] young). x
Jump to new posts Re: My Kawai CA95 Warranty Resolution by Kawai James @ 02/22/15 08:38 PM

McBuster, thank you for your post. I'm glad to hear that this matter has been resolved. Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Octaves and the relaxed hand by Andy Platt @ 02/22/15 08:35 PM

My teacher started me "closing up" the hand after octaves because of tension. Now that all the work we've done to alleviate tension has paid off, she keeps telling me to keep the span - of course, relaxed. It's not the only thing that we've
Jump to new posts Re: What makes a great set up? by Kawai James @ 02/22/15 08:34 PM

Saskatuner, what do you plan to use as a stand for the VPC1? I would recommend a table stand for solidity/stability and leg room. Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai cn25 vs. ca13 by Kawai James @ 02/22/15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By BellicapelliWhat i don't know is if the samples are the same. Both the CN25 and CA13 use the same 'Progressive Harmonic Imaging' sample set, however the CN25 features newer DSP technology, providing superior reverb, effects, res
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Can anyone tell me where I can get the sheet music for this song? Bix Beiderbecke and the Wolverine Orchestra cut a great recording of this in 1924.
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
a real beauty . . .
by Michael Sayers
6 minutes 54 seconds ago
the pianos Paderewski recorded on
by Michael Sayers
28 minutes 46 seconds ago
Urgent help needed: Piano makes screeching noises
by symphonicfinale
Today at 05:24 PM
Baldwin Model R or Kawai KG 2S?
by CarlyB
Today at 03:42 PM
DP choice
by emg
Today at 03:11 PM
Forum Stats
78,337 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,924 Topics
2,377,983 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission