Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tuned up and Played a Kawai KG-1D..... by Paul678 @ 07/25/14 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTA443 did not say excellent regulation will make all grand actions feel the same. He said it would make them much more controllable and consistent. Why do you want to put meaning into words that is not there? Th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by musicpassion @ 07/25/14 05:04 AM

Since my ipad battery is almost dead I'll make this short, with just one idea: In m21 and m22 there are several important musical directions. First the appassionato, which was already mentioned. Then the fermata. Then the rit., which works with t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn on meaning in music by maurus @ 07/25/14 04:26 AM

Mendelssohn's quote is certainly provocative. But: His remarks on the ambiguity of written or spoken words are spot on. If music is a language, it is a very different one than ordinary language. And as usual, there is a problem of translation between
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: RetsacnalOnce when I was returning from overseas, the flight attendant was explaining the Immigration and Customs forms so that passengers could have them filled out before arrival. She explained that U.S. citizens needed only t
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTon pianos with short NSL (spinets, near the tenor break) do you find 9-12 difficult. If so, how did you deal with it? Yesterday did tuning upright piano "WEINBACH" GDRs end 60th years. NSL really sh
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by Grandpianoman @ 07/25/14 02:58 AM

Ed, thanks for your offer. I am pretty busy right now with my work, but will def take you up on it in the near future. This Steinway project is at least 2-3 months from starting, so no rush. Yes, that is the original case.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by phantomFive @ 07/25/14 02:51 AM

Nice smooth style
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you measure progress? by dmd @ 07/24/14 11:38 PM

I stopped measuring progress long ago. I am not sure if I ever did that. I am not trying to "get someplace". I am just doing something I enjoy doing. I play pieces that I enjoy the sound of and seem to be able to play after a reasonabl
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: MultiTrackStudio and Vintage D by Taking Requests @ 07/24/14 11:31 PM

de cajon: Thank you! That was exactly what I needed. Thx.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 4/4 measure in 3/4 time? by Parks @ 07/24/14 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: ParksOriginally Posted By: bennevisYou need to multiply the sextuplets by the RH's nonuplets and the LH's septuplets to give you two duodeviginduplets plus a couple of quattuordecuplets, from which
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Heller by DanS @ 07/24/14 09:45 PM

FWIW, Schimrer's Heller 50 selected studies pretty much has all you need. They're all from op 45-47.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Volume by 8 Octaves @ 07/24/14 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: zrtf90 A P105 only has 2 x 7 watts power output, which is hopelessly inadequate for simulating an acoustic, but may be acceptable for the player with sufficient experience on an acoustic coupled with a vivid imagination.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: Goomer PilesOriginally Posted By: DwscamelWould much rather see a BM thread .... Oh yes indeed! We can set one up at dev/null.
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
138 registered (Abby Pianoman, 53 invisible), 1566 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156316 Topics
2295760 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Old Wurlitzer (circa 1940s) baby grand, Worth Picking Up?
by Paul678
Today at 07:31 PM
Piano software without sheet music
by OneSixty
Today at 06:05 PM
Transcribing Music
by Tigero
Today at 05:31 PM
Yamaha P-105 or the Casio PRIVIA px-135?
by Acevle
Today at 05:30 PM
Another reason to love the MP11
by Markarian
Today at 03:57 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission