Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
80 registered (anamnesis, Alux, alexk3954, Allar A, albumblatter, A Guy, 18 invisible), 1165 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: It is not a Steinway by Hendrik42 @ 02/21/15 08:19 AM

Traveling without your own instrument, yes, that must be hard.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Technique question by Nahum @ 02/21/15 08:15 AM

This is my last post on this topic. I think like this you (and others) have not yet heard: recording of two types riff pronunciation in a loud voice with simultaneous playing of keyboard ; first with disabled   speakers, then enabled. Correlation q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uber Uprights by Withindale @ 02/21/15 08:11 AM

Originally Posted By AlmavivaI know that performance-grade piano manufacturers often claim that their large upright models (51" + ) rival grand pianos on a tonal basis. Some companies - specifically Sauter, Seiler, and Steingraeber - claim that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginer Questions About Method by zrtf90 @ 02/21/15 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By qazsedcftI just wanted some opinions on the Fritz Emonts method.No method book stands on its own merit. There is no best method and it's unlikely that methods still in print after many years are going to be all that bad and no ne
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts People help the people (Birdy)-Piano Cover by elpianodejorgito @ 02/21/15 06:50 AM

Piano cover birdy
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My piano suddenly got louder.... ;-) by Rich Galassini @ 02/21/15 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung I was out near Palm Springs all last week playing a Schaeffer & Sons 5'-1" baby grand. When I got home, wow, my piano was suddenly a lot louder. (Of course what this is, is that you adapt to the instrument
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By ChrisKeysEveryone, Thanks for the encouragement! I plan to post a short recording, though it's difficult to find a quiet time in my home, when others are always present. It will be only an audio recording because I don't have
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: 5 adjacent dead keys by levendig @ 02/21/15 06:08 AM

I lack the cables to check that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Critique my posture (pics) by outo @ 02/21/15 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By chopin_r_usHopefully that's a good thing? Isn't it usually?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Editions Musica Ferrum Recital. 29 November, 2014 by Nikolas @ 02/21/15 02:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2CT2OPkL-4 This is our first public appearance, pretty much, as solid as it can be. The concert took place in the Parnassos Concert Hall in Athens, on the 29th of November 2014. It featured quite a few people playi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Noticed the Dale Erwin '28 D is available again by musicpassion @ 02/21/15 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By Dave FerrisIt was very special from what I recall. I agree it is a very special piano - absolutely stunning!
Pianist Corner
She plays this wonderfully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpjJE9Zizlc It might be my next major piece to learn....
Piano Forum
It will really depend on how well it has been cared for. I have thought they can be made into fairly good pianos, but a number of them that I have worked on have had broken parts, and the regulation seemed not to be good. The one that I am currently
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts INFO ON ALEX STEINBACH MODEL SG140 by Cupcakes @ 02/20/15 10:33 PM

hi, Can anyone tell me where to look to find tech specs on older Alex Steinbach pianos. We are looking to upgrade our old piano (UPright Beale Parlour Semi Grand) and are having trouble locating spec infor on Alex Steinbach second hand pianos. we can
Piano Teachers Forum
You might want to re-post your question in the "Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards" room. Most of the teachers here will want to steer you toward good acoustic pianos.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Help identifying a short piece... by amv256 @ 02/20/15 09:38 PM

Does anyone recognize the piece being played in this Yamaha promo video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp_F7RTdiQk#t=185 (The link should start you at 3:05) I'm not sure if this is the right forum for such a pedestrian request. Apologies if it's
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for an Upright (New to Forum) by SpinelleRouge @ 02/20/15 08:50 PM

Thanks, Jolly! It has been an eye-opening and educational search. I've been denying the feeling, but I love the Steingraeber 132. The dealer is also trying to locate a used baby Steingraeber. I am in trouble!
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Re: Solo recital suggestions by colin_pianist18 @ 02/20/15 07:43 PM

I'll definitely look for something more modern, maybe some Lowell Liebermann or something. Thanks for the suggestions!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano cover out of tune? by Damon @ 02/20/15 07:33 PM

Seems to be a fairly normal thing to do on youtube; I don't know what all the hubbub is about. Unfortunately, I decided this sort of music wasn't my cup of tea and will decline further comment.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with method choice by malkin @ 02/20/15 07:28 PM

The best method is to find a teacher you trust and follow his or her instructions.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Online Jazz teaching by DanS @ 02/20/15 05:05 PM

Check out Dave Frank's videos on youtube. They're a treasure trove of great info. You might have better luck posting this in the Non-Classical section...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Performance Grade Upright search by Norbert @ 02/20/15 04:38 PM

The questions discussed here require a constant revisiting of products on the market. Including new pianos and new models by the various makers. Unless one is personally familiar with a great deal of examples and is a good player oneself, it's all th
Pianist Corner
I am looking for sheet music for the Art of the Fugue Contrapunctus I that (a) is open score, and (b) does not use C clefs (which is harder for me to read than the usual clefs). I have the Henle edition, but it's not open score. I have Tovey, but
Adult Beginners Forum
Pick something else to fill the time and ask your teacher when you next see him.
Piano Teachers Forum
That's an interesting question, but I would say no to his being esoteric. Duckworth's curriculum for the beginning child at the piano was very grounded in bodily learning. Movement, dance, singing. On the piano bench and off the bench. It was the wor
Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ólafur Arnalds & Alice Sara Ott - The Chopin Project
by vers la flan
02/27/15 01:14 AM
Complete beginner with a few questions
by alexk3954
02/26/15 11:53 PM
Transcription Help
by J_D
02/26/15 09:43 PM
How do you protect your fingers/hands (or not)?
by Stubbie
02/26/15 08:35 PM
Somewhat self taught player with a few questions.
by makingsnsux
02/26/15 08:14 PM
Forum Stats
78,314 Registered Members
43 Forums
161,875 Topics
2,377,271 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission