Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
81 registered (AntonJ, AZNpiano, 5/1/19249, AZ_Astro, AndrewJCW, AndrewGleibman, 16 invisible), 1418 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Hi from new member by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

a) What kind of "office" is this ????? b) I suggest that you visit your local piano store, and re-acquaint yourself with the feel of a few acoustic pianos. Have fun --
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway 1st piano-good investment? by LJC @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Toddler likes to impugn anyone he doesn't agree with. I would be a cheerleader for whatever piano someone wants, Toddler. Toddler likes to put words in peoples mouths. Toddler obviously has something against Steinway sales people but he can't possibl
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

Actually, there are some newer DP's which have un-looped sounds, reasonable sustain, and reasonable resonance (e.g. the Roland LX-17 and "SuperNatural modelled" cousins). They're not cheap (yet) -- outside Daniel's list of models. Pianote
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Feurich 125 vs Kawai K200 vs Kawai K300 by KeithPiano @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

how is your Feurich 125? Do you still like it?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Program crafting by Sean P @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

I think that's gonna be a program that mightn't please either camp. Musically inclined people may find the constant C minor/E flat annoying and the musically uninitiated might find the music too difficult. Which isn't to say its a bad program, but I
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: (Slow) Blues repertoire and tips by Rerun @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Here's a slow one you'll probably pick up quickly ... Tax Payers Blues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8blRJul7...tion_3498503333
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Johnny B. Goode by Piano Tipping @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

It's Chuck Berry week at my house.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Florence Foster Jenkins the Movie by musdan @ Yesterday at 09:32 PM

I enjoyed watching the YouTube bio on Florence Foster Jenkins. Learned what made Florence, Florence. She loved music and singing, but sadly music and singing did not love her. Loved the movie - Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant and the actor who played for
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flood damaged piano by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By David Jenson young man plays flood damaged piano in Louisiana The unisons seem a little wobbly. Could have sounded about like that before the flood! Don in Austin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Test-driving/playing pianos by Arghhh @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By Arghhh Originally Posted By BortholomewSo I may be displaying my ignorance, but if you liked the Kawais but wanted more of a Steinway sound, did you try any of the Boston Grands at the Steinway dealer? I understand it's hard to l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

BSW congrats on passing your pieces! I think you will enjoy working on a Minuet from Anna Magdalena's Notebook. I just finished one in G Minor and I'm working on one in D Minor now. They're probably my two favorite pieces I've ever worked on. Look f
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Shanghai Artmann 88 keys UP110 acoustic baby vertical piano by Artmann-piano @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Brand: Artmann Model: UP110 Type: Upright Piano/ Vertical piano/ Acoustic piano Size (L*W*H): 1485*605*1100mm/ 58.46*23.82*43.31 inch/ 4.87*1.99*3.61 ft Color: Ebony gloss Keys: 88 keys Material: Solid wood keyboard Technology: Weight balance
Jump to new posts Re: Hallet Davis baby grand with sticking keys by David68 @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Thanks for the replies! I may try the easy-fix suggestions. Other than that, I will leave it to a professional tech. I'm more comfortable with my soldering iron fixing organs. I was concerned because I know of a Wurlitzer grand that a local jazz cl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: 2-5-1 Chord Progression ??? by jjo @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Changing the A to a dominant chord (C#) is very common and doesn't mean you are modulating. Check out Rhythm Changes.
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Ah excellent! I will be sure to keep an eye out for the serial number then if it means it will narrow down the years further. But absolutely, 1923 is a very good year haha! Thanks for all your help and info.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K500 in black/nickel finish by gnuboi @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Just keep everything away from the finish regardless of whether it is the poly black or the matte. Scratches aren't trivial for either finish. The K500 has a much nicer keytop surface than the K300; the same kind they put on the grands.
Jump to new posts Re: inexpensive tuning apps by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Yes, these can and do get used all the time for setting the temperament... Eb4-Eb5 would be my best recommendation to minimize the effect of stretch, with A4 sitting in the middle. And yes, even following blindly an old Korg needle tuner (+/-2 cent
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Small Budget by gnuboi @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By kristinh105Thanks everyone for your help! I have been fiercely looking since June for something, and gnuboi I think you are right. I need an upright accoustic piano. I have tried many digital pianos and just haven't found the sat
Jump to new posts Re: The scale of difference by peterws @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By aleriqueThis is nonsense. Of course DPs have no much variety when the instruments of the same model are considered - that's how it should be. But different models of DPs are vastly different, in tone, response, character. They us
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Piano off of Craigslist by Rickster @ Yesterday at 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By GreenerIf you've decided you're going to look at a Piano you've inquired about on CL, of course be sure to go with someone else. If not your technician, someone else. Caution and common sense is of course good advise, but beware
Jump to new posts Re: Is piano popular in Middle east? by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

From the Bennevis link: ii) If the music is for entertainment and pastime, it is prohibited
Jump to new posts Re: other uses for teflon powder? by ZMaestro @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By daniokeeperOriginally Posted By ZMaestroOriginally Posted By daniokeeper Edit: BTW, if you Teflon powder the knuckles and key bushings, I guarantee some powder will come off and fall on the keybed anyway. That will probably mak
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Public Domain Teaching Methods by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By ArghhhMikrokosmos is in the public domain in Canada, but not in the US Well, I don't use Mikrokosmos, anyway, so those antiquated copyright laws don't bother me in this case.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shall we move on to a new teacher? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By Candywoman That's because there are very few advanced pop pieces anyhow. What's your definition of "advanced"? I've seen plenty of pop music that's difficult to play.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Stephanie Trick--A great young stride player by Simon_b @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

Some of both disciplines can be applied. I, and I suspect many amateur musicians don't have the ear or talent to transcribe Jazz Piano solos. So I've bought many of the available published transcriptions and use them as the basis for working out my o
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Italy Members - Please Check In
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
[Lucy] A Tear Before Dawn
by DeeMaxx
41 minutes 48 seconds ago
Moving piano cross country v buying a new one?
by ReamusLQ
Today at 12:46 AM
Worth it for Part-time Tuner to Join PTG as Associate?
by Musicdude
Today at 12:23 AM
Am I behind?
by davidc1215
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Reading a score with bifocals
by FrankCox
Yesterday at 11:09 PM
Forum Stats
84,773 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,752 Topics
2,550,412 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission