Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
66 registered (Albunea, Beakybird, AdrianR, ando, augustm, alwatson, 15 invisible), 1738 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When Did Estonia Become a "Premium" Brand? by ChatNoir @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

They do, according to their ad on E-bay.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on Piano Parties? by ElaineAllegro @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

I am somehow the "organizer" for two adult amateur piano groups. (1) One group focuses on classical music, has a site on Meetup.com ($120 per year if you have <50 members), meets 6 times a year at a piano performance space, and has bee
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Right index knuckle issue by chopin_r_us @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By pabletek... the distance between my elbow and the floor right now is the same as the distance between the upper surface of the keys and the floor... is that correct? No, you should probably be 2
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Almost done for 2016... 01. Aurora Borealis (Faber) (OC) 02. King William's March (Clarke) (OF) 03. Toccata in C (Op. 101, No. 29) (Czerny) (OF) 04. Maple Leaf Rag (Joplin) (AR) 05. Menuet en Rondeau (Rameau) (OF) 06. Climbing Mountains (Faber) (OC)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Hamilton--1985-86...just purchased by Duke of Dunning @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

I owned a 1980 Hamilton studio for seven years, having purchased it new. The piano was very decent but I had the plain institutional case. In order to open the piano, you had to raise the entire front like a lift-gate van, and "secure" it w
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano adventures: level decision by JRIII86 @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone! I decided to just go with Book C and I'll skip some songs if they're too easy. Though I also liked Piano Lady's idea of doing the last few units of the Primer. Anyway, I'm glad I asked!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Green eggs and ham by Gary D. @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By keystringGary, how about the idea that one should be able to read smoothly and at tempo, in the earlier stages - as a trap? If one thinks that way, and if it's wrong, that could lead to great discouragement, is my thinking. And
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lack of enthusiasm by drewr @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

By happy coincidence while on another website with a forum I found reference to the following thread contributed to by many including a lovely rendition linked by BeccaBb http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1820549/What_bad_habits_
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thumb whilst playing - Straight or Bent? by laguna_greg @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By Just Steven Thumbs like yours are less pron to RSI. Be careful about saying things like that. Hypermobility or laxity in any joint structure makes it more prone to trauma injuries if the technique is not perfecft.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by MatthewS @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By brooster Did you try a Kawai ES8? If so, how does the FP-90 compare? If you also tried a HP603, 605, LX7 or LX17 how did they compare with the FP-90? How do the FP-90 speakers compare to the other Roland pianos? Prior to the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to Use Czerny School of Velocity by CD131 @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Don't bother.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about the physical by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgott I never noticed that I would buckle my finger 2 joint slightly. Once a colleague pointed this out to me and said it was a problem she had as well, especially when playing on a black key. A little bit of focus while pla
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
It seems like a number of the piano tools that are sold work better for another purpose than for what they were originally designed for!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by cefinow @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

Congratulations! Good for you, and good for the metronome practice!
Organs - Electronic (B3 etc.), Pipe, Theatre, & Reed
Jump to new posts Aeolian Skinner Organ Roll Scans? by MrWups @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

I have found 2 sites for these fabulous Roll Playing Residence Pipe Organs – one at http://www.aeolianorgan.com/ and the other at http://aeolianskinner.organsociety.org/ but neither site seems currently attended or answers emails directed to it.
Jump to new posts Re: Just tested a Kawai CA-97... have some questions/issues by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By travis524It seems like "clicking" keys is a common issue with Kawai digitals. I don't believe it's a common issue, given then tens of thousands of wooden-key Kawai digitals sold every year. However, as JoBert noted abo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Do you play piano for weddings and parties? by Redhead1 @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

I wrote a book a couple weeks ago called Giggin' for a Livin': How to Make Money as a Musician Playing for Weddings and Special Events. The book is free on the Kindle store Kindle store today and tomorrow only and I thought some people here mi
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve CohenSpeaking for Piano Buyer I would like to make a few points: 1. The purpose of our Depreciation Schedule is to approximate the value of used pianos in a unique and "unruly" market. It is by no means meant to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Q - Composing / Improvising - Steps by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

I'm almost finished writing my first song. It's complete, but I want to give it some time and see if I want to tweak anything. What worked for me, though, may not be relevant for you, because you consciously intend to write music. About six mont
Hello Simon, Again, my apologies that the separate MIDI Settings Manual information is not clearly mentioned in the printed owner's manual. For the CS11, v1.09 is just a minor fix to correct the User EQ frequency ranges, however it doesn't hurt to
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

That's great to hear, thank you for the positive feedback John! Cheers, James x
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Ydp 131 sound problem (interference) by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaFirst thing to try is (factory) or system reset. I believe this can be achieved on most Yamahas by holding the top-most white key (C8) while turning on the instrument. If this does not resolve the issue, I would c
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My first orchestral track - What do u think? by TSWO @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B629FzXZn5GAOE9fNHVJbnVWYUU/view?usp=sharing Here goes then
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts How Goes Your Music Room Holiday Decorating? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

OK, these hats make my year! (Sorry, all gone--I got the last two from The Music Stand, maybe they'll do more.) I haven't managed to fumble a box full of wire ornament hooks into the piano . . . yet.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Importing antique pianos from abroad with ivories by Klavimaniac @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

If the piano is over 100 years old it should satisfy CiTES (before 1975 rule) and fall into the Antique exemption of the new Obama ban (100 years or older). Then the percentage of ivory is irrelevant. Or am I still missing something ? See: https://w
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Making the switch to playing by ear
by johan d
Today at 03:54 AM
Roland V piano
by johan d
Today at 02:28 AM
Mozart's Death (December 5th)
by phantomFive
Today at 02:25 AM
Practice Schedule
by Abhishek1997
Today at 01:30 AM
Is There Something Wrong With My Thought Pattern?
by motomike1961
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,777 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,819 Topics
2,576,525 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission