Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
68 registered (Bachus, Albunea, 36251, AndyP, Auver, 21 invisible), 1010 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By twocatsOriginally Posted By MarkarianTo be fair, I worried for weeks that the problems I was experiencing was some soer of permanent disability. I'd rather the piano be wrong than my cochlea. I'm sorry you had to go through tha
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Best Steinway Virtual Piano by Crocus @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Thanks much, slobajudge and Macy. That is very helpful info, especially regarding the SSD and the connector. I'm going to take a look again at the Galaxy Vintage D, other people on this thread also say they like it. Very impressed by the extent o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: First day at piano camp by TwoSnowflakes @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Well, I demo-ed the Brahms, and in front of a pretty intimidating group of only pianists. I made three or four serious errors in the first section from nerves, but recovered and had some pretty long stretches there where I was playing how I wanted t
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-150 recording by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By T E Bekken . . . Amazing sound, really. Nice playing, too! I can learn something about harmony from that . . . . Listening, my first thought was: . . . You should really try Pianoteq!<G> It would give longer sustains
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne Op 9 No 1, bar 15 how to play by briandang @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Yes it's the thumb then 5 transfer that I was asking. I guess I was not holding the key "hard" enough because I was soft on the thumb to have not a loud sound. So I think just push it down soft for sound then hold it down firm until 5 is on
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bradbury Spinet piano help??? by BDB @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM

This is not the place to ask about this; it should be in the Tuner-Technician area. If you cannot find any screws or pins, it probably slides forward or back, and you may need to lift at some point.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Being obsessed with the old. Good or bad? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgott Some pieces by living/recent composers that I very much want to learn soon, and am sure I will become attached to upon learning: Rzewski - Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues Hovhaness - Sonata "Total Eclipse of the Moon&
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to put my piano by Raindrops @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Every single little thing will affect my piano. To say it has an attitude is to say the least. I feel like playing a new piano every day.
Jump to new posts Re: New GEAR alert! by Jay Roland @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By Bachus Just a few questions.. As you seem to have access to inside information.. - will there be an ipad app for edditing and access to more settings? - will it be possible to assign the knobs and sliders to midi CC or just cont
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Zerlina @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

USER LOCATION: East Providence, RI USA MAKE: Yamaha Clavinova MODEL: CLP 535 CONDITION: Brand New PRICE PAID: $2,300 (Plus $161 tax; price includes trade-in of Casio Celviano AP 420) DELIVERY CHARGE: None VENDOR LOCATION: North Providence, RI VENDOR
Jump to new posts Re: midi keyboard controller as complement to digital piano by Digitalguy @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By toddyHere I am still looking at anotherscott's suggestion: the Samson Graphite 49. I'm poised to buy it as Thomann have good deals right now. Before I commit myself (and the funds arrive in my Paypal) I would ask if anyone has a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do you buy your sheet music from? by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

Sheet Music Plus is always slow too, but at least they state "usually leaves our warehouse in two weeks" or something like that. My EMF orders (http://www.musica-ferrum.com/) have been faster, and they come from Greece!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Someone PLEASE tell me this is a joke... by patH @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Unlike Gerard Depardieu, the guy here can really play the piano. For those not familiar with the movie "Green Card": Depardieu's piano performance starts at ca. 1:50.
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha p35 and korg sustain by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By Pablo1980ThNks for the answer. Just to learn, wouldnt a polarity issue would make the piano always sustain when the korg is connected? Right... with the "wrong" pedal, a keyboard will sustain when the pedal is not dep
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Hakkihttp://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/ According to this site (composers E-K) it is in public domain in the USA. He says that is what he "believes". I believe that is a pro forma (and probably disingenuous) stat
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha p115 ! by slobajudge @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Come on Yamaha, GHS key action again ? Are you not tired to sell the same piano with some cosmetics improvements for decades, the sound is bad anyway in this class.
Adult Beginners Forum
There are a wide range of things a person can do to try to improve. I am a lowly beginner, but I do talk to a lot of musicians, so take my comments for what they are. As for improving, there is learning new pieces from sheet music, learning new pie
Jump to new posts Re: €700 home studio-worthy, no-frills piano stand-in by Cue Zephyr @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Went back to the store to check the value of the acoustic amplifier I'm trying to get rid of and check if there was info about the PX-160 and if they could get a Casio at all to the store. I've basically been talked out of waiting for the PX-160 sin
I have the PX5S and use it with headphones and small Presonus studio speakers - I love it. I started with a Yamaha P105 and liked it but I really wanted to use a DAW. The PX5S is an amazing tool IMHO. Yes it is a bit more complex than other instrumen
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song from my youth by harpon @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

Your youth? How old are you- that might help. Sounds like your "Tas" might be quarter notes and the "Das" eigth notes?
Jump to new posts Re: Help a beginner choose a digital piano by SelfTaught99 @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

Man you sound exactly like I did when I first started playing! It really is subjective like you said. I'm self taught (hence the name) and I never read sheet music. I would recommend learning some basics about technique for a while first. Afterwards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By grace_note My sister and I had the John Thompson books (if anyone remembers those) and we got through them. I've bought one today!
Jump to new posts Re: The "piano meastro" - anyone ever buy/use it by bennevis @ Yesterday at 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By Thomas B do you really mean sight-reading in the sense of playing a piece from a score you do not know? Then I totally agree or even more, it is almost the other way around, in the sense that you need to have the ability to ident
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String levelling issue? by BDB @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

a) Probably. I think all it does is set the string in place a little better. b) The high string(s) are muted better than the other(s). Match the hammer to the strings by filing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Few questions from a beginner. by dmd @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By praisethesunI might have a look for a teacher. This will have the most impact on your progress with the piano. I would venture to estimate that you will make twice the progress with a teacher than without one. Good Luck
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
a recently designed 9 8 grand piano
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:19 AM
Kate Hull Bundy: Diaries of a Young Pianist, 1891-1898
by Michael Sayers
05/23/15 06:13 AM
How to perform right the first time
by Hakki
05/23/15 04:40 AM
Re-install a keystick??
by Schick
05/23/15 02:49 AM
How long to wear out a DP ?
by Charles Cohen
05/22/15 09:09 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,382 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,259 Topics
2,409,392 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission