Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
95 registered (Allard, 36251, Aly Baracat, anotherscott, 26 invisible), 1161 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think of these chord progressions? by phantomFive @ Today at 02:56 AM

I like how you are approaching this. To be a composer, try to be as creative as possible. Take a look at this piece (ignore the pianist, I don't like him), how it is composed. See what ideas you can get from here, especially focus on the different m
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: Dream come true. Boston to Steinway by phacke @ Today at 02:39 AM

>We caved in and picked a Santos Rosewood Model A that was commissioned for Tanglewood. Greetings, where exactly did you pick it from? I am surprised that a festival would commission a wood veneer piano. What is the story behind that? Looking
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nocturne op 9 No 1, bar # 23 notation question by debussychopin @ Today at 02:20 AM

It is a beautiful piece but watch out it can be easily played vapidly.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interval reading by AndrewJCW @ Today at 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By WhizbangOriginally Posted By My Bucket ListStill struggling to read better but my question is regarding interval rather than note recognition. How does this improve sight reading? My brain is looking at individual notes. I unders
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By AZNpiano For my own piano students, I do teach pop music and other 20th-century music that has extremely complicated rhythms (changing meters, polyrhythms, extended syncopations, etc.). I stay the heck away from the "copy m
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pearl River EU-131 Reccomendation by Norbert @ Today at 01:36 AM

Quote:Most of the pianos I have seen don't have a fully strong and singing sound, and that's why I am considering this one. It's nice you like the Pearl and the tone of the piano. AS has been known for some time, Pearl River makes a Premium line ca
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- General Discussion Room by ElaineAllegro @ Today at 12:58 AM

Thank you to everyone who took the time to listen and/or comment on my Mazurka: Casinitaly, Barbaram, Sam_S, blackjack1777, AZ_Astro, SwissMS, briangmoore, Peterws, and others who I acknowledged prviously. I hope I didn't miss anyone! It is wonderful
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Whizbang @ Today at 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By malkinWhat would it be like? What would we work on? To come in once with a new piece so well prepared that teach could offer absolutely no suggestions. It would be glorious. Who cares what we would work on. It would be worth i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to the new Casio CGP-700 by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 12:23 AM

Can't have it all at $799 street. At least not this year. Itching to see what they do on the update to the PX-5S. The PX-560 has checked off some nice improvements that were on the list.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piece by composer X but it could be taken for composer Y by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

Many of Alkan's Chants resemble Mendelssohn's Songs Without Words.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] 5 Seconds of Summer - Jet Black Heart (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

https://youtu.be/xAKNZ3rmMto
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #1 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Hi AmandaH, welcome to the forums. You have done well to progress so quickly! It's taken me almost 12 months for me to get through to Laura. I should be finshing in another month or two. The Stranger is a difficult song because there's quite a lot
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double-striking keys on Petrof II grand by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

I agree, call the tech back. Double strike or blubbering hammers on a grand can be the result of several intersecting regulation points. If the escapement is set too close, (and more than a few techs today seem to be regulating actions with escape
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which is better Petrof or Kawai? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By KurtZOriginally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By KurtZ Buy back plans sound good in theory but they are not all that they seem to be. See the linked thread from the FAQs forum. 100% buy back from the FAQ Kurt Bu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Leeds International Piano Competition 2015 by Frankni @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By FrankniOriginally Posted By SiFiA Yorkshireman, just like me a long time ago! (I lived not far from Helmsley.) Alas, not by birth. I am just an import (some call that nowadays an "illegal migrant
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - no midi output by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

Hello Col.B., I'm glad to hear that MIDI input is functioning correctly having uninstalled the driver. Regarding latency, I expect this may be related to your computer setup rather than the MP7. If you are using a software piano without a dedicate
Piano Teachers Forum
You have a blog which is a good way to get users to come to your site and make return visits. Ensure the quality of content is high so people have a reason to return for more. Have you checked out SEO (search engine optimization). It would be a good
Jump to new posts Re: Ah ah!! Kawai ES7 Has Been Discontinued by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Thanks Jack, That's the first time I've seen Kawai America's version of the brochure. Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Suggestions for book of classic film music? by shamuball @ Yesterday at 06:52 PM

Hi community! I play solo piano in a restaurant, and the weak spot in my repertoire is songs from older movies (e.g., As Time Goes By, Days of Wine and Roses, Shadow of Your Smile). I know musicals pretty well. Can someone suggest a book of well-arra
Jump to new posts Re: I wish we could buy straight wire by accordeur @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

My pleasure.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to study in Vancouver. by Laurie R. @ Yesterday at 06:22 PM

You might want to talk to my friend, Katya Pine. She is a piano teacher, composer, improviser. Her website is: http://pineproductions.ca/ Good luck. It's never easy to fine a teacher who is a good fit! - Laurie
Jump to new posts Re: Metallic ringing on the bass area by BoisePhil @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Hi there...here it is 2015 and I hope you're still there. Did you ever fix the ringing in your bass notes? I have a 2010 RX-3 that I bought in Feb of this year. I've had it 6 months now and it's about to go back to the dealer to trade it for anoth
Jump to new posts Re: About polyphony by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

Given the short sustain of most digital pianos, polyphony of 10 (or 20 in stereo) is almost good enough.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Monster (piano cover) by Aly Baracat @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Hi all, I would really appreciate your feedback on this piano cover on my new kawai piano
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thalberg Moses Fantasy by ronde des sylphes @ Yesterday at 04:01 PM

Thanks, Tim. Some interesting comments. Personally I think the second half works better, being more of a theme and variations whereas I feel the first half is rather disjointed. (In honesty, I'm not very pleased with how I played the first page, but
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is the saddest piano song that you have ever heard?
by Aly Baracat
08/28/15 08:30 AM
Birdcage tuning
by foxpianotuning
08/28/15 07:09 AM
Presentation thread
by Olek
08/28/15 06:56 AM
Thoughts on Voicing the Piano
by Musicdude
08/28/15 06:31 AM
Could narrower 7/8 and 15/16 ESPKs be the future ?
by jbolt91
08/28/15 05:38 AM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,543 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,470 Topics
2,439,799 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission