Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
138 registered (accordeur, agraffe, 36251, Alexander Borro, alerique, 32 invisible), 1524 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Im 45. In reality, how far can I go? by Alexander Borro @ Today at 04:19 PM

Welcome Sam. How far can one go, in term of music performance ? Some extra thoughts when such topics come up that often occur to me ( as just a piano beginner). Music does not have to be complex is another thing in order to appeal and be a suc
Piano Forum
Damper timing affects touch, does it not? I would imagine that refelting the A's dampers would completely disrupt however their timing is presently set?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
no, please don't make 97 keys. if you want extra nobs or other dj stuff, just buy a controller this is piano.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Hallet, Davis & Co. vs Kohler & Campbell by Ramzi @ Today at 04:09 PM

First time user here. I'd like to know which piano would probably be better: a 6'1" Kohler & Campbell (used) or a new 5'3" Signature Series Hallet, Davis & Co (new). Both are the same price. I have links to videos of both pianos. I
Jump to new posts Re: New Forte piano presets on the way! by Dave Weiser @ Today at 04:08 PM

I threw together some quick and dirty demos of my own, trying to show the new pianos in the context of a (phone recorded) mix. Had fun dusting off the old chops...
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Forrest HalfordYour quality of sleep is a major determinant of the quality of your life. You should spend time and figure out the reason you aren't able to sleep well. Indeed, check with your primary care doctor. They can get
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A pin block question by Thermodog @ Today at 03:24 PM

Thanks for all the replies! One of the things the tuner was doing was installing the humidifier from the piano that I replaced into the Yamaha. I live in Maryland, and so yes, dryness could be an issue this time of year. Since the piano is under w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: UpstairsDavid New-To-Me Kawai by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:19 PM

... and if it's ever a problem for the neighbors, what works is to get a good digital for late night practice with headphones, and reserve the acoustic for daytime and evening.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts On Steigerman Grand XG-168 by Ken Knapp @ Today at 02:45 PM

I agree, this topic has outlived its usefulness, probably it did so before the second page. I REALLY hate to bring this up, but I will anyway. No matter how anonymous ANYBODY thinks they are, they really aren't. On occasion, fights erupt between peo
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Hendrik42 @ Today at 02:42 PM

I was in a piano shop like that in Hamburg a few weeks ago. Good selection of acoustics and, like, three Roland digital pianos, two of them slab form factor. This shop is listed on the Roland web site as a Roland dealer, mind. So I was half expecti
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by Riddler @ Today at 02:17 PM

Cathy, I have a new HP desktop with Windows 10. I plug the audio cable into the blue jack on the back. The computer then automatically enables the line-in function. (If that does not happen on your computer, you can enable it under the recording func
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tone of light soft hammers by acortot @ Today at 02:14 PM

Softer wire does sound different. It is quite apparent when listening to the difference between Paulello 2 and 1 and between 0 and modern wire. Usually the tone sounds more pure when near the breaking limit. This is why ancient pianos with low ten
Jump to new posts Re: I did it! Bought a Yamaha N2 and LOVE it! by 36251 @ Today at 01:36 PM

Welcome to the club Many people have read my comments on this site so I'll just say I purchased 11/2011 and love it as much today as I did when I bought it.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Keith Jarrett Solo at Carnegie Hall 2/9/14 by indigo_dave @ Today at 12:41 PM

Nahum Said: "Don't agree. This applies to body language during the performance, and it is completely personal. At Thelonious Monk it is expressed in the movement of the legs, especially the right; and if his feet where tied to the legs the chai
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Low notes, high volume by Maralc @ Today at 12:33 PM

I was having this problem in a few songs too and my teacher's advice was to instead of pressing the 5 finger, to use wrist rotation. It really worked and now I can control the volume much better. My 2 cents...
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 or MP11: Redux by Morodiene @ Today at 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By Henry Pasternack I getcha about trying and returning. As I said, I like to do business with real brick-and-mortar stores when possible. Since the local dealer told me there isn't enough demand for it to be worth his while to st
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: At age 45, what are the limitations? by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By sam abdelI want to go back to school and finish my last two years of undergrad...simply because it's something I want to finish. It would give me great satisfaction to have my bachelor degree. I want an MBA, that knowledge will
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student not ready for exam by hreichgott @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By ArghhhI gave her until the end of February to learn the notes to all her pieces, and have everything laid out for what needs to be learned each week. She also needs to get her scales up. This is very, very clear, and I assume a
Pianist Corner
Don't forget that this is a late Romantic era transcription of what was originally written for solo flute with string accompaniment (Sgambati 1841-1914). Furthermore, the piano transcription was revised by Harold Bauer (copyright) in 1936. That shou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by SwissMS @ Today at 11:43 AM

This piece is from Celebration Series 2008 grade 7. For such a short piece, it took a lot of work! My list now is: 1. Kirnberger -Passepied in D Major 2. Telemann - Fantasia in E Minor 3. Hoffman - On the Lake 4. Handel - Air in D minor 5
Piano Teachers Forum
There have been several reports on this thread. Let's keep it civil and on topic or it'll be closed.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: An impro by Mark Polishook @ Today at 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By Forrest HalfordHa! I loved this. thanks for posting, F I like it too! Very much!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning your chords by missbelle @ Today at 11:07 AM

When I was a student, I memorized scales by sound, having no idea how they worked. And I just rushed through chords, again, just memorizing, but not understanding. There was no relationship to my music, unless by happenstance. As a teacher, I ask
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A Modest Interpretation by SiFi @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Michael SayersI very much enjoyed listening although I had to do so "Swiftly"! OMG, I just got this. I was so into the Rick Roll thing that I forgot the
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer action feel and NOISE in portable keyboards... by sonicblasphemy @ Today at 10:57 AM

Look what I found on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3LeMPHKRrE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA1ccIHtoR4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_t1dv_k53M
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingernail hardeners?
by RealPlayer
Today at 05:58 PM
Kawai CN35 Auto Power Off
by darrix
Today at 04:55 PM
Coming soon... a new Baldwin 6' 11"
by Steve Cohen
Today at 04:36 PM
CA67 vs MP11 - Thoughts? Experiences?
by Strat
Today at 04:34 PM
Hallet, Davis & Co. vs Kohler & Campbell
by Ramzi
Today at 04:09 PM
Forum Stats
82,549 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,419 Topics
2,494,395 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission