Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
62 registered (BrianDX, Chewbacca, Andrei Kuznetsov, casinitaly, CarlosCC, 17 invisible), 1024 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paid the balance on the Baldwin L by twocats @ Today at 01:52 AM

Congrats again, and I'm so happy to hear that you get to keep your upright, too!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Jam using Jammr? by Jaker @ Today at 01:32 AM

I I'm a sax player from sweden. I was wondering if there's any pianists here who would like to try and jam online using jammr or similar software? I have a quartet but I feel it would be fun to try and play more in a duo setting.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach on a Harpsichord (kind of) by SiFi @ Today at 01:29 AM

I love that the sampling includes the "click" of the release. I"ve played lots of harpsichords in my time, including some gorgeous Rubios, and I know the action and all cannot possibly be reproduced on a digital keyboard, but neverthe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sennheiser HD598 on sale for $95 by Possum SP280Krome @ Today at 01:18 AM

Sign me up! I read reviews and thought i might regret not taking them later on. I assume I can always return? I'll likely then package my HD280's with my PX130. I paid $49 +$25 GC for the 280's and never listened to them once I got the Audio Technica
Jump to new posts Re: THE best headphones? by Possum SP280Krome @ Today at 01:09 AM

This is what I have been using currently- and will discuss my findings with the ES8 1. Audio Technica ATM50's- my favorites, work well with everything I own. I think they shine on the ES8 2. Sennheiser HD280- they have a nice amount of output but I
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Paulei @ Today at 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By PBLOriginally Posted By Paulei@tufty Thank You! Now it'Clear! Yes it should be added in the manual.... In my opinion.... I have found this hp605 @ €2000,00 including Headphone and seat! It seems a very good quotation, I thin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming Injury - Personal Stories by cathryn999 @ Today at 01:03 AM

Does overcoming emotional/psychological injury count? I will share a personal story but might come back later and delete it. I took lessons from age 5 to 15. In those days it wasn't usual to start learning so young, it was generally accepted that c
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway D Phillips Collection PianoCraft by Keith D Kerman @ Today at 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniNice video and a nice sounding piano. That is more work than many 20 year old conservatory practice pianos need. The final product is quite nice though. Thanks for that. FWIW, if this piano's purpose was to be
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brian Ganz - Masterclass Maestro by SiFi @ Today at 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Opus_MaximusI've heard for many years about how he is really one of the best at Peabody, and a super nice guy in general. I have his informative essay and edition on the Chopin preludes. I would love to h
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Belated Birthday Orange Soda King! by Cheeto717 @ Today at 12:35 AM

Happy belated birthday OSK!
Originally Posted By Charles Cohen1. 2. The PX-160 has the same action as the PX-350. So it'll wear out and get noisy just as fast, I fear. At that price, I can afford to upgrade in a few years.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need Advice: Yamaha U3 too mellow by BDB @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

You need to find a technician experienced in voicing. The first thing to try is reshaping the hammers and regulation.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Caster cups... by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 11:22 PM

I've 6 barely ones - unless I've thrown them out. Too big for egg cups, unless I get an ostrich to give me eggs. Seriously, I put them under both my grands - and had them out within a couple of days, when I did the sums on Physiotherapist bills to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Room humidifier help - which size Venta to buy? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By Eric50In their marketing material Venta prominently states it's impossible for their units to over-humidify, which is a curious statement...surely if I put the one designed for 800 square feet into a tiny closed room and ran it a
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Ludovico Einaudi cover - Ora by PianogrlNW @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

Nice playing but the piece sounds muffled. Are you playing on a Steinway as the photo on the YouTube suggests? The recording sounds like a digital piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A question about sharps and flats from a beginner by DivaDiDonato @ Yesterday at 11:06 PM

Well played, sir.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Prelude and Fugue, Book 2, No. 9, BWV 878 by ABC Vermonter @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Hi Tim, Thanks for your comments.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano AP-650 on sale at costco.ca by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

This must be a pretty hot item. My AP-650 was delivered this morning. The truck driver said, "Good deal here, $400 off on a piano." I asked him how he knew that and he said that he had just finished delivering another on in town and the c
Jump to new posts Re: Casio Celviano Grand Hybrid Announced by augustm @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

I just made the mistake of buying the electronic version. The reviews are single paragraphs. I don't know how much time and effort went into them! I would be very interested in seeing the difference between the two casio models.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has Anyone Taken Online Lessons with Artistworks? by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Whatever works. ArtistWorks real selling point is the 1 on 1 exchanges with professionals of a very high caliber which makes it quite unique I think. But yes, most of the material seems to be more band oriented, such as comping/improv/jamming rather
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Crazed Haze - a sound poem by JoelW @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistI've written a companion piece to this. http://picosong.com/b8bR/ Enjoy. Displace one note and there would be diminishment. Displace one phrase and the structure would fall.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How Playing Music Benefits Your Brain More than ............ by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By Gatsbee13i think playing an instrument does benefit your brain, especially piano. The article states that it benefits your brain more than any other activity, which i disagree with. I still believe exercise, particularly aerobic,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Isolating notes for acapella singer by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Brian, you mentioned "the upper soprano part" as if it were a different part than what Dru's daughter is to sing. Judging by the pink highlighted words on Dru's images, I gather the daughter is on the upper soprano part herself (Soprano 1)
Member Recordings
Hi Eason Chan enthuasiasts! New song by Eason released yesterday! If you like Eason and chill, then this is the chill song for you because this song has a very lounge-type laidback feel to it. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/jfXX1JtLjY4
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Games - How do you integrate them? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Thank you for the explanation on the terms. Personally, I reserve games or gamification for students with low interest and/or low ability in music. It could be something as silly as playing a passage correctly X times in a row, or playing a timed g
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do you cope with musician's block?
by Pulatom
11/28/15 04:10 AM
Jam using Jammr?
by Jaker
11/28/15 01:32 AM
Kawai MP11 powered speakers choose what?
by Lakeside
11/27/15 11:34 PM
Specific techniques/tips for staying relaxed?
by cathryn999
11/27/15 11:03 PM
Need Advice: Yamaha U3 too mellow
by woody4tarheels
11/27/15 10:18 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,564 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,622 Topics
2,470,342 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission