Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
131 registered (AnimistFvR, Anita Potter, acoxcae, anamnesis, accordeur, ando, 36 invisible), 1578 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: My prediction, Your thought by bennevis @ Today at 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jtsn For studio and stage use: Well, what's easier to carry and easier to record? That should answer the question. The exception is of course classical piano music, there are no DPs in sight. For as long as there is classical
Jump to new posts Re: Neo-soul keys on Steinberg's half-price sale by Maxpiano @ Today at 06:45 PM

That's Neosoul Keys for Halion (Steinberg's ), which includes only the Mark I, not the full (UVI or Kontakt based) Neosoul Keys package
Jump to new posts Re: Some observations about digital piano by minstrelman @ Today at 06:36 PM

yes. I chose the Kemper after much reading about it and the Fractal. I have only used the Kemper a tiny bit. it is astonishingly cool. the Fractal looks fantastic too. as for digital pianos, I bought one of the first touch sensitive Rolands (methink
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Chick Corea Spain Tips/Fingerings by Skyscrapersax @ Today at 06:30 PM

Have any of you come up with a comfortable fingering for the first bar of the "B" section of "La Fiesta"? Using my right hand index finger is a stretch, even though I have gigantic hands. Using the RH thumb is easier, but harder
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What to teach before transferring to a jazz teacher by Mark Polishook @ Today at 06:28 PM

Heather, You've asked good questions. In terms of technique if a student comes to me with the ability to work on Bach Inventions, Bach Chorales, and Chopin preludes thats great. But those aren't prerequisites. I accept students with the skills they
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway legs? by Grandpianoman @ Today at 06:20 PM

Mark, I came across this website the other day....may be of some help. http://www.vintagecaseparts.com/index.html
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should Lack of Humanity Matter? by BrainCramp @ Today at 06:14 PM

Chris, Does he know you're a psychiatrist? If so, his blabbing about his personal life may just be nervous fear that you're quietly judging him from a clinical perspective. (And it sounds like maybe you are.) Or maybe in a subconscious way he wan
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Doping a pinblock by Hank Lea @ Today at 06:08 PM

I have a customer with a J.Bauer 5' grand that has loose tuning pins. The piano is not worth rebuilding and due to a lack of funds, the customer would like me to treat the block. In 40 years of rebuilding, I have never treated a block. I was told to
Hi Everyone I only just joined this forum and am happy to see all the nice comments about Home Concert Xtreme! I have worked in a contract / support role for this product for many years. TimeWarp Technologies, Inc., recently re-acquired the software
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Home Concert Xtreme - do you still use it? by EM Deeka @ Today at 05:58 PM

Thanks for the update. I was about to jump in with a purchase a while back but held back when I saw that the management of the product was in transition.
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to quickly update this post. AT the time of the previous discussion, HCX was owned by a company that didn't do much with it. Now, it has reverted to its original developer, TimeWarp / George Litterst. TimeWarp has already
Jump to new posts Re: Home Concert Xtreme (reposted from ABF) by shananagan @ Today at 05:50 PM

Hi Everyone (reposting from ABF) I only just joined this forum and am happy to see all the nice comments about Home Concert Xtreme! I have worked in a contract / support role for this product for many years. Hopefully, you are all still using and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't... by anamnesis @ Today at 05:49 PM

It could simply just be how she perceives rhythm. I initially had this problem until I realized, I'm not supposed to be generating or creating a pulse. It's better to think of yourself synchronizing your motions to the internal pulse of a piece.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts where does it come from? by Jytte @ Today at 05:46 PM

A question has been on my mind for many years. And since this is the Composer's Lounge, I'm putting it to you. Actually it's 2 questions, and rather big, so I need to explain, bare with me. I have always been able to understand the other 'arts' in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Harmonic Analysis by chasingrainbows @ Today at 05:27 PM

Many of my fellow students in college (as well as myself) were learning about secondary dominants for the first time.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Mark Polishook @ Today at 05:20 PM

Be sure to keep pressing the record button!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need thoughts on a piano I'm looking at! :) by terminaldegree @ Today at 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: amateur101 But then my friend introduced me to a proud owner of the Kimball Viennese model 5860, and I had a pleasure to play it yesterday! The voice was beautiful indeed! This is a really important step - now you have a good
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Blüthner by Sam4 @ Today at 04:56 PM

Very nice bud, your an excellent player, you and me obviously have different tastes though in what we want out of a piano, but that's alright, that's why there are different kinds of piano to pick from.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Today at 04:50 PM

ok - enjoy your vacation.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Piano Pro - Hot Tips and Mini Lessons by blues flat 7 @ Today at 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Pete the beanWhat Child Is This Jazz Arrangemnet: http://www.4shared.com/office/5Bg70syFba/What_Child_Arr.html Glad that you are adding some of your arrangements Pete. Thanks a lot. Dale
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: pianoloverusYou could compromise by playing some of the endless written out note for note transcriptions of the great jazz pianists. Yeh ... Good Luck with that.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning on a digital by Jytte @ Today at 04:32 PM

So, I'm back. After a cooling down period, and a friendly PM from a fellow student, I feel that maybe I should explain myself. I used to be in another forum (Furmanczyk) but I guess it died off for lack of posting. So nobody to talk to or ask questi
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 THREAD by panino @ Today at 04:28 PM

Just was asking because for all we know: Best keyboard ever! Soundwise there are much less comments. I am always looking for reviews or customer feedbacks of the MP11 but they are quite rare on the web, even on Ytube. At thomann.de I noticed some re
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP33? by Possum SP280Krome @ Today at 04:12 PM

Thanks,it felt very substaintial the few times I have played it. Especially the response. The CP4's are coming with some Yamaha DBR10 I believe powered speaker- I am going to check on of those out to see if it would be a good fit for the piano.
Jump to new posts Re: LACHNIT MK22 by Lance VI Labs @ Today at 04:10 PM

I played the 97 key model at NAMM in 2013. Not sure if they've improved anything since then. It was nice and smooth but not worth what they're asking. It's smaller and more low profile compared to the huge Kawai VPC1. And it's all optical instead of
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Please help me to find out the pattern of this Cdim7
by SZ54
33 minutes 45 seconds ago
3 sensors per key vs 4?
by AnimistFvR
50 minutes 40 seconds ago
Request For The Pursuit Of Knowledge
by Louis Podesta
Today at 07:09 PM
Kawai K500 or Seiler ED126
by Mizar
Today at 07:03 PM
3 sensors per key vs 4?
by AnimistFvR
Today at 06:58 PM
Forum Stats
77083 Members
42 Forums
159431 Topics
2341976 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission