Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
134 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, augustm, andyvn579, agraffe, 31 invisible), 1838 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 41 --- Call For Submissions by Sand Tiger @ Today at 01:50 PM

I didn't fight the red dot this time. I submitted a recording of a live performance from a couple of weeks ago. The piece is Clear Blue Sky, performed live at Namaste Cafe.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Étude nr 2, in C-sharp minor by gioioso @ Today at 01:23 PM

Hello Stephen, Thank you very much for your reply. If you make an attempt to play this piece, you will very soon find out that the last notes of many of the arpeggio´s can be played with the right hand, which makes things a lot easier. Maybe, I sho
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I acquired a Steinway A in an estate sale by violarules @ Today at 01:09 PM

I agree about that Golden Age velvety, mellow sound. I have a 1917 Baldwin E and it has that warm sound, too. Warm but clear, and can have a good amount of power when called for. These golden age American pianos tend to have a wider range of color th
Adult Beginners Forum
My piece is also not quite up to speed. Am trying to memorize in the hopes it will get me past some repeated stumbling blocks. Got to work on evening out the tempo, while also working in those barricades (i'm playing Couperin's Mysterious Barricades)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone heard this term? by Dale Fox @ Today at 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By kpembrookOriginally Posted By Dale FoxI have always referred to it as the jack window. Never heard the use of "cradle" before. Where did you hear it Keith? Well, I don't know where I heard it -- but somewhere in the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unique Estonia Artcase...Opinions? by Rickster @ Today at 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By Robert 45While I admire the beauty of detail and the workmanship in these replica pianos, I much prefer the simple elegance of the modern grand piano. This is a personal view and I know that some prefer the case design of pianos
Piano Forum
A Steingraeber piano is built, I believe to a quality standard on a par with Steinway, if not higher. It is certainly an instrument from a "boutique" factory where the individual pianos are crafted by dedicated artisans. As Joe explained,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Overcoming nerves by INBoston @ Today at 12:41 PM

I am lurking and enjoying this discussion. Pam, you are certainly NOT the only one afflicted. I am the exact same way. I get easily disoriented by little things like new piano, new space, new people listening, trying to record myself, etc. etc. The l
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 800 by suniil @ Today at 12:40 PM

Daughter is a first study classical pianist, who also does a lot of gigging. On stage, early and late night practices happen on RD-800 and she loves the action and feel.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Introduction and Prelude No. 3 by Steve Chandler @ Today at 12:39 PM

For some ideas of how string samples can be made to sound realistic have a listen. This guy's work sounds pretty darn good. There are 12 parts to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FjGGKYWhHE Here's a sample of this composer's work using sample
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By ElaineAllegroVery impressive, beautiful, and well-thought-out performance! (and nice loose wrists...) You have achieved a lot in a relatively short time. Please share more, maybe in the ABF recitals. Thank you, Elaine. Sta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to tell if a piece is your level by outo @ Today at 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By INBoston I also bought the Czerny book and attempted the first etude, found it extremely boring and gave up *hangs head in shame*. Please don't yell at me Why would we, they are indeed horribly boring. No need to waste your ti
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Blog post on Paul Bley and Pierre Boulez by Mark Polishook @ Today at 12:23 PM

That ATTYA I one of the amazing miracles in jazz ... There's a vid of it in my blog post for those who are wondering where to find it ...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 12:22 PM

Incidentally, I looked up this scene from an HBO film called Southern Comfort (1981). It is totally fiction but really scary. Some Louisiana National Guard troops went on a training mission in the Atchafalaya Basin (very swampy). They had no ammun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Need suggestions for good practice book. by rogerc @ Today at 12:19 PM

Looking for recommendations for a good practice book. I am a beginner 62 years old no musical background. I am taking online lessons right now due to time restraints and scheduling the teacher doesn't work. So looking for a recommendation on how to p
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Spanns Stomp by Nahum @ Today at 12:17 PM

I can hear from the beginning octaves.What a question- about technical problems?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Little fugue for string quartet (original) by rachconcerto @ Today at 12:13 PM

Thanks for your feedback ! As for writing a fugue, it is not really difficult if you focus on each voice at a time. For my part, ideas just came, I didn't struggle much to find other voices. I intend to continue the fugue and develop it with a maj
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I ordered a piano bench from Germany by Inlanding @ Today at 12:13 PM

I tuned a Kawai last week for a customer with what looks like the exact same bench you ordered. It's very stable and solid, easy to adjust the height and it is comfortable, too. Look forward to know how you like it. Glen
Piano Forum
The magic for leather is to use the regular Nivea body creme in the blue can. rub it on the leather, let it absorb and later clean the excess off. That is the trick used on 99.99% of Italian leather products, from sofas to jacket to shoes.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts All my little ducklings | Alle meine Entchen by Mr. Pianoman @ Today at 11:47 AM

My new video is online. It's a piano & vocals arrangement of the German children's song "all my little ducklings" (orig. title: Alle meine Entchen). Enjoy it
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Mr. Pianoman 5k subs special by Mr. Pianoman @ Today at 11:45 AM

Thank you, Siveron
Adult Beginners Forum
One problem with music theory is how it is often presented. I can't comment on how the course being discussed presents it, but I often see real "wind bag" expositions on theory, making it seem unapproachable. What most people might need f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A bit OT; Playing some music with my two sons... by Rich Galassini @ Today at 11:41 AM

Hey Rick, I would love to see the video. Thanks,
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unwanted harassment from parent by Basia C. @ Today at 11:41 AM

Sorry Dogperson! Of course there are different opinions on the matter in the US. When I stated my personal opinion, I did not mean to imply it's the only valid opinion nor that all Americans would be the same. The thing is, in this post there seemed
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How to practice polrhythms by ajrdileva @ Today at 11:35 AM

Here's a cool youtube video with a method to create your own practice exercises for any polyrhythm
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Speaking of Estonia ...
by BruceD
02/06/16 02:15 PM
What is the piece starting at 7:18?
by pianoloverus
02/06/16 01:41 PM
Really? Just a short story about a beginner
by missbelle
02/06/16 01:26 PM
Summers & Son spinet piano question
by TeeBach
02/06/16 12:38 PM
Need suggestions for good practice book.
by rogerc
02/06/16 12:19 PM
Forum Stats
82,496 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,311 Topics
2,492,818 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission