Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
100 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, agraffe, alwatson, ajames, 28 invisible), 1612 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Eyes Closed / Lights Out / Dark Room Technique by Bellicapelli @ Today at 11:50 AM

In my experience hands left alone have a far more accurate aim than eyes, especially for difficult passages. I always try to switch to closed eyes at some ( advanced ) point of a piece's study. Sometimes i do it earlier if, as said, a passage is
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Philz is right. Pianos have a way to turn "local control" on or off. Normally it's on. If you turn it off, the piano generates no sound at all ... but it will still send MIDI data to your PC. And your incoming Ivory/Pianoteq sound from the
Elmer: If you're talking about a CLP150 ... that's quite a feat:Originally Posted By ElmerJFuddI was lucky about 5 years into one we had at shop I was working for, the repair guys submitted as a warranty and Yamaha accepted. They installed a main bo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Here--Teacher Improvement Question by AZNpiano @ Today at 11:36 AM

Many good points in Heather's post, but I'd like to discuss this particular point: Originally Posted By hreichgott Assessing repertoire for students can be tricky. I often made the mistake, early on, of giving students material that was too difficu
Jump to new posts Re: No line-in input: recording question by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By Frédéric LThe picture of the CSL shows two waves (right and left) near the Line in plug (blue socket). Then it is stereo. (With a single TRS jack) . . . That could be -- I didn't look at the icon. I can't find a user's man
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does your teaching "end"? by AZNpiano @ Today at 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By johan dOriginally Posted By AZNpianoI give my students the option of taking 10 weeks off during the summer; however, they will be shoved to the bottom of the scheduling list come September. And this September there might not be
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody played one of these...? by CyberGene @ Today at 11:24 AM

I played a Dexibell H7 today. Impression 1.0: Great design, beautiful and futuristic! Impression 1.1: the damn thing takes ages to load, there's a progress bar and it is loading, loading, loading... This is absolutely a deal breaker to me. I need
Jump to new posts Lounge Lizard -- on sale till August 31 by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:13 AM

Applied Acoustic Systems is running a sale on many of its software synths, including the EP package "Lounge Lizard". Quote: Until August 31, 2016, we are happy to offer the individual Professional Series instruments for the special price o
Jump to new posts Re: LX-7 and vibrating a control bar by Cavaliere @ Today at 11:01 AM

Hopefully you do not live in Italy... I tried two times with Roland Italy to have an engineer to my home, but they refused to honor the guarantee in this way. I have to disassemble piano and bring to lab... not a good service. The piano is new (4 mon
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Real Price for Yamaha YUS5 and U3 by Tuneless @ Today at 10:57 AM

That was for digital pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner's Lesson on Chords by Piano Tipping @ Today at 10:47 AM

Thanks! Glad you found it helpful.
Jump to new posts Re: 2 free CC Yamaha Pianos for Kontakt by Frédéric L @ Today at 10:36 AM

Salamander piano is also available in SFZ format, then you can use it with sforzando which is free.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Alexander Borovsky by Cheeto717 @ Today at 10:29 AM

There's an unwritten rule about how old threads shouldn't be "resurrected" however I'd rather build off old threads instead of starting several on the same subject. Actually, why not both?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Same note with two fingers!! by DrewBone @ Today at 10:26 AM

SMT, The "upper" middle C is to be played by the right hand for the duration of a 1/16th note, and the finger used to play the note is placed on the key more towards the fallboard than if being played as a single note. The "lower"
Jump to new posts Re: Avantgrand N2 - 6 months on by Dave Horne @ Today at 09:28 AM

Chris, for me it's easier to achieve a greater dynamic range with the setting on 1. The action just seems 'harder' with the setting on 3. If you try the various settings using the 'Rhodes' sound, this becomes even more apparent.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway & Sons Upright 3 pedal Piano by BDB @ Today at 09:18 AM

That would be the closest modern equivalent from New York, but Hamburg still makes the Model V, which would be the closest equivalent to the smallest models of the time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Downbeat tempo issues by hreichgott @ Today at 08:49 AM

Metronome, count out loud, go for a walk and sing the passage to the rhythm of your footsteps. And don't fret; steady tempo is something we all must work on all the time.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Silent Grand (SH system) by casinitaly @ Today at 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniI always tell people that the add on systems that offer silent play will change the feel of the action just a bit when they are engaged. This is something that you will feel if you are a sensitive player - maybe jus
Jump to new posts Re: I Need Some Advice by Doug M. @ Today at 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By Doug M.Perhaps your Youtube recordings could benefit from upgrading the recording/processing equipment: one wonders if that is why many videos sound better. A good example of great recording for Yo
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Schubert sonatas by PrestoConFuocco @ Today at 06:25 AM

His sonata in A minor D845 is very beautiful and not too overplayed. It's fun to play and also very interesting to study (lots of musical ideas that need to be expressed). Highly recommended.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Excerpt from Bach Invention 13 [Video] by earlofmar @ Today at 05:53 AM

very nice ndu, looked pretty effortless which is not how my Bach Inventions look
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Dolly - the original all terrain dolly by Pianos & Pianos Mexico @ Today at 05:41 AM

I had made my own and i love it, it has 6" pneumatic tires, goes over everything, carpet, little rocks, gravel roads and driveways, grass, interlocking also is really easy to climb side blocks. When moving grands always use skid board. also I u
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Odd sound from one string by Withindale @ Today at 04:51 AM

It could be string setting which Dave B regards as a voicing issue. This could be resolved by checking the termination points for seating and debris. One (drastic) way to do that is to replace the string as Dave suggests.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help counting this piece. by casinitaly @ Today at 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By AndrewJCW I agree any beginner should feel free to post any question they want. My response may have been a bit catty, perhaps because in general forum etiquette I think making multiple threads on a very similar issue is a bit m
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A few questions by Janeteo80 @ Today at 01:17 AM

You have an interesting concern there. I hope that doesn't happen when you teach
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Expanding My Studio Help
by Chatalbash Lessons
06/29/16 04:53 PM
ISO PDS-32 control box
by Phil Stewart
06/29/16 02:48 PM
NYC SUBWAY-FRIENDLY KEYBOARD WITH DECENT ACTION AND SOUNDS
by Skyscrapersax
06/29/16 02:21 PM
Lounge Lizard -- on sale till August 31
by Charles Cohen
06/29/16 11:13 AM
Sluggish Hammer flanges
by TheTuner
06/29/16 10:41 AM
Forum Stats
84,158 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,644 Topics
2,537,362 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission