Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (Azeyic, AZNpiano, augustm, AndyP, Batuhan, 16 invisible), 1033 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgC-ddqmWM&feature=youtu.be Amosdoll Music showcases a live advanced original piano arrangement and cover for PSY - "Father" ft. Lang Lang #爸爸我終於明白" #PSY #싸이 #FATHER #아버지 #
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Visit to the Wizard's Workshop (trip report) by Markarian @ Today at 12:21 AM

Ed, I especially love how you've got an audition room next to your workshop. That Chickering was still something else and that adorable little 5 footer was really well prepared.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano buying question by Markarian @ Today at 12:18 AM

My board has a rough spot of finish on the varnish but nothing my tech said would be any problem. You can only see it if the light catches it just so.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tried a Steinway A at a Friend's place by Markarian @ Today at 12:13 AM

Can someone elaborate on this "dead" middle zone on the B? I recently got a whole house hunidifiier and its done wonders for my tuning. I haven't noticed anything out of sorts with the middle section that I can think of.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Friday frolic at LightHammer Piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Almost all my pianos are complete rebuilds. Though a couple have original, near perfect soundboards.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Late Beethoven - kitsch radar by SiFi @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottHaving reread your posts I maybe need clarification on what you'd like to discuss. Are you asking if we think this is great music? Are you asking us to define kitsch? (Personally I think Op. 126 is every bit as great as
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help with installing VSTs by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

You will need to copy the .dll files to the plugins folder of your DAW, or tell your DAW to scan a folder containing the .dll files. Again, Google is your friend here - try searching for 'install VST .dll' to find lots of information about this kind
Jump to new posts Re: Help with best octave sizes by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Today I tuned a Wendel & Lung grand, model 178 (5'11"). A nice piano. I tried the sequence I posted above. After 25 minutes fighting the piano to set the temperament I gave up and used the old good ET Via Marpurg of Bill Bremmer. In less tha
Jump to new posts Re: Voicing down a piano by adamp88 @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

What a fantastic post, Ed!
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 USB recording length issues by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By rungabic... 4. As I write this, I have a lowly 4GB Verbatim drive up to 163 minutes in the MP11 and still ticking...we'll see what I find in the morning. ... rungabic - It's a shame how many glitches you're experiencing with
Jump to new posts Re: Latency on SONAR X1 LE by EddieK @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Hmm okay. I think I'll stick with CityPiano. I just really need something that allows me to play my controller. From there on, I'll slowly upgrade
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying advice by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

10.5 K rupees isn't much, 10.5 K Kuwaiti Dinars is. Perhaps if we knew where you are and what currency we might be able to help a bit more.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Ocram @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Possibly, but while it is certainly more pronounced in mono, it is still there in stereo. It's just a characteristic of the sound's attack that does not appeal to my ear. Maybe "banjo" is not an accurate description, but it does sound kinda
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by Matias Palou @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Ryan: I think its a great time saver to use the average tuning file for a pitch raise. I thought using a predetermined curve would have no use, but as a rough means to get everything in place is a good idea. I´ll also say I share with you the idea
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: P.W. at 666 by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

If there is a Devil, it resides in human nature, not external to ourselves. Just look at all the greed for power in this world, and you cannot deny it. The diminished chord was once thought to summon the Devil!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a Four Year Old by malkin @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Although not in a piano capacity, I have been acquainted with at least 40 4-year-olds each year for the last 20 years. I can tell you with certainty that there is a wide range of skills for typical kids this age. I'd suggest that you meet and get
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRrlB2TL1A
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: scales and arpeggios by pavanne1 @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Learn 2 octaves first. what's the point of learning one octave scales, you only have to go back and relearn fingering. Once you can play two octaves three and four are easy. Doreen Hall
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone regretted not spending more? by petes1 @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By peterwsOriginally Posted By petes1Originally Posted By ElmerJFudd..... In our materialistic society it is easy to lose focus on what is important. It's the music always, the sound, the joy of making something beautiful. Don'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: yamaha c3x vs shigeru sk3 by Norbert @ Yesterday at 08:49 PM

Quote:Norbert, every Yamaha S6 I have played (3) has seemed to have bad action and sound compared to the new C3X, despite having a much larger price tag. I can't comment on that but if what you say is true I would be very surprised. One just couldn'
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By albumblatterAll fine choices, but I haven't played Vers la flamme and Prokofiev toccata; I think starting to learn those piece at this point would be dangerous. It would be ridiculous. I think it would be a mistake for you to
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Mellow sound of Chopin's piano by David-G @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

It sounds absolutely lovely. However, while some 1920s pianos have an attractive mellow tone, I do not think they sound quite like this. This has a slight "antique-piano" edge to the sound (I find it difficult to define quite what that me
Jump to new posts Re: Best value Digital Piano by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By clobboHow is a Kawai MP10 for $2k CDN (~$1600USD)? It's brand new, still in cardboard box.. It's a little off-topic, however I'd say $1600USD for a brand new, boxed MP10 is a reasonably good price. Kind regards, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by Greener @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By wouter79... ... If you pick it up quick enough (losing not too many beats), most of the public won't even notice. ... Depending the situation of course, most of the public are not usually even paying attention. So long as you d
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1930 / 1940 Blüthner anyone? by David-G @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Bellicapelli, Blüthner pianos can last well. Mine is dated 1881, so is 134 years old. I have had some work done on it, but not that much. The strings have been replaced, the hammers refelted, and the tuning pins replaced by ones one size larger (
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Giggle time
by Jytte
03/31/15 03:45 AM
Memorizing After Learning Process Or...
by Batuhan
03/31/15 03:09 AM
My interviews with moviegoers who saw Seymour: An Introd.
by music32
03/31/15 02:16 AM
Adding a soundcard for VST playing on my setup?
by idfpiano
03/31/15 01:04 AM
Piano Tastings Ep. 8: Grotrian at NAMM
by Rich Galassini
03/30/15 11:42 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,715 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,866 Topics
2,390,540 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission