Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing slow is only part of it by fizikisto @ Today at 12:05 PM

Morodiene I think that's great advice! I'm reminded of that old saying, If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem starts to look like a nail. I think it's well worth remembering that what you need to solve a problem in one pie
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC But, unfortunately... I didn't press the "record" button, so it was a "false start" and I've to start all over again. I really hate it when that happens
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Around The World by karmanathan @ Today at 11:55 AM

You should check this guy out - Dotan Negrin. Interesting guy. I saw him play in my town. He is travelling the world with his Upright Piano and just plays wherever he can. He records and blogs and posts pics about his experiences. He is on Facebook
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita' by slipperykeys @ Today at 11:51 AM

First bar G Second bar B Minor Third Bar C Fourth Bar A Minor 7, G, C. According to the sheet music. If you Google, Nikita Sheet Music Images, it may help you.
Adult Beginners Forum
So I know I need to stay disciplined and keep working through the basics and learning through the Alfred's Basics Adult Books, but I really want to learn more Jazz, Blues, Ragtime, and more popular pop stuff, some Billy Joel, etc. Thats the stuff I r
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bored kid at Cosco.. by laguna_greg @ Today at 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: backto_study_pianoOriginally Posted By: JohnSprungBritney Spears was good at something? What? Who? And, great playing, Jake. She's a great cautionary tale. Look her up on youtube and any tabloid gossip sheet.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: casinitaly! Many happy returns of the day! by barbaram @ Today at 11:45 AM

Happy birthday! Hope you are having a lovely day
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: laguna_gregWell, my M&H is almost 100 years old. It had a partial rebuild in 1981, action, strings and case work, and it sounds absolutely gorgeous. I've been told by several people that the soundboard has excellent crown
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice on heat/humidity for today! by laguna_greg @ Today at 11:44 AM

Hi phacke! Well I'll be! I'd read somewhere long ago that sine wool was electrostatically charged, it repelled water. That's why it made such good winter clothes. I will say it keeps my string from rusting and the soundboard clean if nothing else
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: FarmGirlI did not know how much I missed piano until quit after 7 years of lessons. My parents said once quit no going back,so I tried live life not to listen to any music. I tuned out all the music around me. Yeah both my par
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP11 Thread by phunqe @ Today at 11:34 AM

You slip on basic plastic because it does not absorb sweat from your fingers. The likewise porous plastic imitations are pretty decent nowadays, I haven't noticed any issues with my MP11 for example.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning a piano lower than standard pitch by A443 @ Today at 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: gynnis"An anecdote illustrating this came from a friend (now deceased) who once did a lot of tuning for recording studios in NYC. He was legally blind but that had nothing to do with his tuning ability. He finally got tired
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by wouter79 @ Today at 11:22 AM

I made a recording Händels' suite in B-flat major HWV 434 G34-36 a few months ago, but it's only the prelude and the Aria con variazioni. Is this of interest for this recital?
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-academic arrogance. by A443 @ Today at 11:13 AM

What is this thread about? I'm confused: does anyone want to discuss anti-academic arrogance? There are many academics out there, a lot of arrogance [on both sides], lots of corruption, and anti-sentiment towards academics in general. It is a great
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!) by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 10:49 AM

Interesting! Also interesting is the fact that I've watched Swan Lake twice in the past two weeks (once on stage, once on a recording) and didn't notice the West Side Story connection. Then again, we've already established I have a hard time reco
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The thing about the blind test that Charles refers to is that an experienced pianist would know right away they are playing on a digital due to the sound. It's also pretty hard to separate the action from the sound on an acoustic, but it can be done
Jump to new posts Re: What think technicians about of max's temperament? by Maximillyan @ Today at 09:40 AM

Max has some confusion about this Published the results of the International Music Competition "SILVER PASSAGE" 2013-2014.(International Arts Festival Competition and Exhibition Project) http://start-culture.com/results/passage-2013-2014
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Apology to Rich Galassini & Cunningham Music by Rich Galassini @ Today at 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By: DaraI wondered 'mahermusic' in reading your initial posting, why you didn't send it as a PM to Rich. It seems well intentioned, though what's with the need to apologize anonymously worldwide publicly ? Dara, Frankly I wond
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear! by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 09:20 AM

Friends!!! I'm so GLAD you could come to the party! Thank you for the wishes. Pianoloverus, that YouTube is a hoot! Thank you! I laughed all the way through. Doc, I was talking to one of my older friends the other day and mentioned tha
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: terminaldegreeIn my old office, I had a taught from a very worn out, yet likeable 7' Baldwin F. As the humidity in the building dipped into the mid 20% range in the dead of winter, sizeable soundboard cracks of a good length and
GP, glad to hear of your results with the C-Lever! I've been interested in the concept, but haven't had the chance to try one yet... Your journey should be an inspiration to those seeking/needing to make their own pianos sound better using the tech
when taking out the broken string I use it to drive the new one, if possible. (bend the new wire length (if 2 wires by pin) and take the bend in a hook made with the broken string that is extracted from the hitch pin side. It works better than nothin
Jump to new posts Re: Verituner Data Download? by RonTuner @ Today at 08:21 AM

I believe so.... You might want to check on the Verituner forum for specifics. You'd need to get the saved piano file onto your PC(through itunes?) and then use the little Vtrans program from Veritune to translate that data to something that a spre
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts T.J. Rochford Piano, trying to uncover some history by Mikey Bob @ Today at 07:58 AM

Hello, all! I recently acquired a piano, made by a company called T.J. Rochford that had been based in Tipton, Indiana. The piano is an upright, about 56" tall, and I love it. I've never played such a tall upright before, and it definitely so
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts TJ Rochford Upright Piano Photos by Mikey Bob @ Today at 07:37 AM

These are photos of my upright piano, manufactured by T.J. Rochford Co. based in Tipton, IN.
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (accordeur, AndresD, ando, Alex-SapRenovation, 44 invisible), 1839 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75574 Members
42 Forums
156258 Topics
2294801 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Looking for my next piece
by Mallory
7 minutes 30 seconds ago
A pianist joke
by PaperClip
50 minutes 35 seconds ago
Synthogy Ivory II Yamaha C7 Studio Grand 5 bad sound
by pake10
59 minutes 28 seconds ago
USB hub recommendations?
by dire tonic
Today at 01:22 PM
Piano Around The World
by karmanathan
Today at 11:55 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission