Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
58 registered (augustm, BachToTheFuture, alwatson, Bach2Black, Belger1900, beet31425, 10 invisible), 1581 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Erroll Garner plays "Misty"- new version by rintincop @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Not available in Israel, but it is is available in the USA. It's a version of "Misty" in Ab (the key that the composer always played it in) This recording session has never been released before as played by its composer: Erroll Garner. The
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Camille Saint-Saens Mazurka 1 in G minor by BachMach2 @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Here is my interpretation of Camille Saint-Saens' exquisitely balanced (and performance favourite of the composer) Mazurka 1 in G minor (Op 21) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F3LN8gFuxk
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Mily Balakirev Mazurka 2 in C# minor by BachMach2 @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

I am greadually adding new performances of scarcely played works to my YouTube channel Here is Balakirev's 2nd Mazurka in C# minor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5xz7nwo2n4
Pianist Corner
Hi Elaine, I agree with your earlier idea that amateur players perform at all sorts of levels and venues. I think a lot of adult amateurs would be interested in help with preparing for sharing their music with others. I also like the ideas of offerin
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Writing pieces out from memory to test your memory? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

I doubt pianists who play cycles of entire things in recitals (Luddy's Sonatas, WTC, Freddie's Etudes) have completely written them out. But, you never really know. This always seems to be the "helpful" suggestion of someone like a saxopho
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whats so special about Alfred Piano Course? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By Cutestpuppie Also how long will book 1 going to take me to complete? lets say I do complete book 1 what grade equivalent is book 1? Grade 1? Just wondering. If this is your chosen method then the time to complete will depend
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By bennevisAre you expecting any self-respecting pianist to play it much slower than presto agitato, and show that off on YT (unless it's as a joke)?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can somebody please hold me accountable? by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

I'll be checking (and listening)
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By broosterCan the SW1 and the SW2 buttons on the Kawai MP7 be set to send midi CC81 and CC82 messages to the Integra 7? If not can any of the buttons on the MP7 be set to send the CC81 and CC82 messages? No, I'm afraid not. Curre
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha B3 ? by Jason74 @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Depends on who's selling, Jazzpianist. Last one I saw at a London dealer was on sale for 3,200 gbp (which I assume is relevant to you given your local), although I suspect there was some room for negotiation there. New Yamaha priced have rise a lot i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is using multiple methods at the same time a good idea? by hello my name is @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By malkinIf you don't have enough stuff assigned--ask your teacher for more! This
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Thanks to all for your input. Now, I have some options to investigate.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Possible ear training (100 Melodies a Year Club) by Albunea @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

Oh LOL I was thinking of "You've Got a Friend", which is also hers and it's the one you had typed there...I understand now.
Adult Beginners Forum
27 October 2016 Tonight played among others some nice baroque music. Zipoli, a undervalued composer, wrote beautiful Suites for cembalo....but also very nice at the piano, play it dynamic Zipoli, Suites Give it a try... Best regards, Johan
Jump to new posts Used Yamaha CVP 401 by dpkowal @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

I purchased this unit new in 2007 and it has been with me ever since. I am moving on to an acoustic piano and want to sell the Clavinova. I am looking for advice on reasonable pricing. Everything works and the console has zero blemishes.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grade 8 from scratch in one year by Tubbie0075 @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftI don't think the OP is still reading this forum but I saw on his blog that he did pass the grade 5 theory. Anyway, the project has been abandoned since then (see the last few posts in this thread). Ah... ok. I think
Jump to new posts Re: PX-5S with a sound module and an expression pedal by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Have you asked on the PX-5S Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/groups/Casio.Px5s/
Stephen, Just tried it. It works fine on my CA97 with or without a USB stick. I tried removing the USB stick while Piano Jukebox was playing MIDI through my CA97 and no change at all. The only interaction I found was if I inserted the USB stick whil
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Real Piano by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By Music MeTrust your ear. It won't steer your wrong. Also, play as many different pianos as you can. Seeing as to how you live in Pittsburgh, you should do yourself a favor and travel to Philadelphia to Cunningham Piano Co. and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: German piano industry and ?? by Almaviva @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By DscallyBut one interviewee said something interesting to me: what happens when the Chinese middle classes realise that their Grotrian/Schimmel may be made in Germany but has an ultimate owner in China? Will the middle class Chine
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cheaper Alternative to Acrylikey? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 01:23 PM

Quote:It's not CA. It's acrylic, same stuff used by women for their nails. And yet I think there is some chemical relation, because CA stands for cyanoACRYLATE.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian Themed Recital 2016 - General Discussion Room by PianogrlNW @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

Thank you Outo for organizing this e-cital and to all the participants for the listening enjoyment. A special thanks to Richard (zrtf90), Tim Adrianson, SwissM/Doris, peterws, mabraman, PikaPianist, outo, chopinoholic (Paul) and finally Schuberian wh
Jump to new posts Re: PIANO TECH TOOLS AVAILABLE ! by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By bkw58Originally Posted By bellspianoColumbus State University is located in Georgia. :-) If I'm not mistaken, Sally Phillips is affiliated with this school. I wonder if she's involved with this program.
Jump to new posts Re: "European style" Dampers by WilliamTruitt @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

I think that you will have to do modifications on not many parts if you purchase the Tokiwas. The blocks will have to be modified on only 1 or 2 bass notes to account for the intersection of the string planes, likely the same for the low tenor notes
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By MorodieneThere is actually some validity to some metronome markings. Why is there not a tempo for 113? or 199? Our brains process information at a certain speed, and we speak at a certain tempo, we also walk at a certain tempo wh
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Upgrade from CLP 370 to new CLP 545/575
by Belger1900
10/28/16 03:11 AM
M&H Symetrigrand
by Retsacnal
10/28/16 12:26 AM
"Starting over" with transfer adult student, bumpy road?
by hello my name is
10/27/16 11:10 PM
Middle E key squeak
by Jay98
10/27/16 10:14 PM
Is I Giorni good start piece to learn?
by Cutestpuppie
10/27/16 08:10 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,376 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,003 Topics
2,566,327 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission