Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven key balance by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

Hi Ian, Your observation illustrates an important point in regulation: Do not level the key tops until lost motion has been regulated. On keys that are back heavy, this is not as big a concern, but you understand clearly how lost motion in a front h
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha AvantGrand vs Roland V Piano - touch by PianoZac @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Hey Steve, Yeah I'm going back to the N1...the RX-2 is for sale. I've got a baby on the way so I definitely want the ability to play at night silently and our house isn't very big so the N1 will have to suffice for now...such a pity. You know inter
Jump to new posts Re: the conclusion on weighted keys and developing technique by slowtraveler @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Continuing piano practice may cause muscles responsible for fine motor control of the hands to become a bit better conditioned, and the recruitment of motor units in those muscles to become more efficient, but I think these effects are mainly neurolo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: April Piano Bar by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: wuxiaThank you guys =] I play on a cheap Kawai CL36 digital piano that has a somewhat bad keyboard and an even worse sound but as my 'Loc: ' suggests that's the best I can afford. My love for Chopin though is never-ending =]
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Polyphony with Polyphonist - Installment 1 by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: larryzYour canon is lovely, I cant understand how you can compose such a piece. I can usually put together a melody with a counterpoint, but can't go on from there. For example: https://www.musescore.com/user/181750/scores/18183
Pianist Corner
I have to play a lot of concerts every year...so I think I get a good variety. I haven't done that much Chopin, but after doing Op. 39, 48, 52,53,54 and 58 I think I've played enough of him for now. I have long term projects, and other stuff which tu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pianodisc PDS-128 Plus capability by Kevin L @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Thanks Marty for the advice. I'll check in as you suggested -- knew the thread was old but thought perhaps system was set up such that Mark would be notified that I'd responded to his post. Thanks again!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What's a Stencil Piano? by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Steve, I thought that bridge was owned by the Governor of New Jersey? Is it for sale again?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month to recital thread by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Well I had planned to play a Mozart piece for this recital but got seriously derailed after the Chopin recital. For some reason I dabbled in some Brahms and got sucked in again. And I wasn't supposed to play ANY more Brahms this year.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX 850 by Possum SP280Krome @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

I have had HD280's for a few years, but purchased M50's as well (in fact 2 sets), one for my pianos and one for my synths. I did get a AKG pair but the output was not as strong as the Audio Technica. I would go with the M50's as well
Jump to new posts Re: MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences? by Marko in Boston @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcos DanielIf you are going to keep ES7, MP11 has a extra favorable point: you might want to practice on a different action... I total agree.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spinoff: What do we think of "technique seminars"? by Liszt_BG @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

I think they're much unneeded. Among pianists there are plenty of technicians and, sadly, too few musicians.
Jump to new posts Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital by Pathbreaker @ Yesterday at 10:23 PM

I've been reading a lot of threads about software pianos (e.g. Ravenscroft). I seriously want to upgrade to one of these but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it will be. Honestly I'm pretty happy with the sound on my digital piano through the sp
Jump to new posts Re: How do you put in a larger tuning pin? by Chuck Behm @ Yesterday at 10:18 PM

Hi Greg - Here's a link to an article that might be helpful. Best wishes, Chuck Behm
Jump to new posts Re: Double String Unison (DSU) Tuning Technique by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:14 PM

Thanks Tunewerk, Are you listening to an interval while detuning the DSU? There should be absolutely no beat interference. The method is no different than tuning A4 to the fork using F2. Trial and error, within a small, very small window of accepta
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The hardest piano piece ever written by wr @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: KuanpianoLigeti's etude no.14 is written for pianists, and the 14-A version is for player piano (if i'm not mistaken). You are not mistaken. 14-A was published for player piano, with a live performer being "ad lib."
Jump to new posts CA glue applications by accordeur @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

Guess we could call these composites? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=che6U4lm1cE
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chorales for CATS by knotty @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

I think you would like to pay these short tunes because you get to apply all the cool concepts you've been working on. To answer your question... Anything you like. Some sort of concept, run, lick, whatever. After all the work you did on this,
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai mp7 vs Roland rd-800 by MossySF @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: tnsettlemoThe string resonance was a joke on the digitals as compared to the real thing. Sample-based piano emulation have a really tough time with resonance. At best, they record and trigger off the most simple scenarios. To
Jump to new posts Re: On Temperament strip muting, and other things by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

Hi Mark, Please reread my post with more willingness to be impartial and not jump to any preconceived "strong arming" on my part. Kindly, Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTHowever, it is my experience that Double String Unison, whic
Jump to new posts Re: the government and tuning. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

The OP doesn't say where he's from. I've heard that music teachers in Australia need a license.
Jump to new posts Re: Midi controller with a good keybed under 1000$ by Ov3rload @ Yesterday at 09:07 PM

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I liked the Casio PX-5S a lot except the fact that none of the pedals support continuous detection. Unfortunately i will be also using it for instruments like strings, where an expression pedal is a must and if i ha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Piano by doremi @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Quote:Busy with practising Yiruma pieces ?? Hanon ah
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

Since it's Easter weekend I've decided to post a classical piece appropriate for the holiday.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin - Op 9 No 1 help by noobpianist90 @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

I'd like to weigh in about the Hands separate thing: http://www.pianofundamentals.com/book/en/1.II.7
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
87 registered (Atrys, ASLevelMusicTheory, 36251, AZNpiano, 24 invisible), 1115 Guests and 40 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153597 Topics
2251164 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
04/20/14 01:01 AM
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
04/20/14 12:04 AM
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
04/19/14 11:46 PM
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
04/19/14 10:23 PM
CA glue applications
by accordeur
04/19/14 10:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission