Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
132 registered (36251, Aleksandre, Auditor, accordeur, AZNpiano, Anne H, 37 invisible), 1803 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by f3r @ Today at 03:58 PM

Very nice piano, bench and place! If I had an acoustic piano and a more quiet place, I would make binaural recordings... Unfortunately, I have a digital in an unconvenient place (under a loft bed...) and my room faces a bit too busy street, the windo
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By itsfreakingmeoutOriginally Posted By QazsedcftBasically, you just have to do it. Every day. For a very long time. I know it sound stupid but it really works like that. I have been sightreading 15 mins a day for about a year and h
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Books on Pianos and their Story by Hendrik42 @ Today at 03:52 PM

Everybody here probably knows this one: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Obsession-Odyssey-Perri-Knize-ebook/dp/B0010SKTWK it even features PianoWorld and I found it a very good read. And here is an other German Book on the development of piano buildin
Adult Beginners Forum
Three more days before the recital opens for submissions! I've put in more time than I care to admit with the Zoom, and I have a marginally better recording of my piece but still not as good as I'd like. *sigh*
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Play by ear by laguna_greg @ Today at 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis I absolutely adore you too, Laguna . No, I don't teach - not formally. But I know what makes kids tick, because that's a big part of my job.... So, how do you manage it - stop them touching their pianos for two months
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Thanks for all the feedback, I'm going to check on some of the suggestions when I get home. Especially the comment on MIDI; I'm pretty sure I tried both with MIDI and the Piano voices, but I was using MIDI a lot when I checked this so it's possible
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Jazz Piano Book by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 02:51 PM

Hi Mark, I have Peter Schubert's books on Modal and Baroque counterpoint, and I've long had an interest in studying modal counterpoint (and also figured bass) because I think those would lead me back to more fundamental ideas of things I can actually
Piano Forum
Thanks all for the input thus far (and if anybody has any further ideas, please respond)! If this is a serial number, would it be abnormal for it to be stamped in multiple places like this? I guess I'm having trouble differentiating between the ser
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Cliburn Revisited by decibel101 @ Today at 02:47 PM

As they say in today's parlance, "Mad Props!"
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I played it worse at home. by bennevis @ Today at 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By TimR a young student remarked that you had to subtract about 15% for live performance (a gig). The reply, from a respected teacher and working professional jazz performer, was no. If you can't play 15% better when it's live,
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's Op. 9 No. 1 Nocturne in Bb Minor by Cheeto717 @ Today at 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_CPretty nice! I like the flexibility in your rhythm. Some might say you overdo it, but I like it, and I think it works. I would be one of those people haha. I think you overdo the tempo fluctuations and I would appreciate
Jump to new posts Re: Mechanic: Roland FP-30 vs Casio PX-160 by JoeT @ Today at 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTI will now test the Ivory II American D VST and look how it fares. Well, it completely passes the test and behaves exactly like expected. Notes directly connected together (perfect legato): You can't hear the Note-Off at al
Jump to new posts Re: My opinion of the Kawai ES8 after 2 months by stevedoz @ Today at 02:06 PM

Had my ES8 for a few months now (my first Kawai) and can concur with all the positive comments above. No regrets at all. Just want to get down and play it whenever possible. I'm still finding new sound combinations I love for certain types of music.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by Doritos Flavoured @ Today at 01:47 PM

cool, I love that work. eventually I'll check it out
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: How many keys across can you stretch? by HappyHelen @ Today at 01:39 PM

I used to be able to reach 11th but then injured my wrist so that reduced to 9th - strange how that would affect things! I then discovered a product, fortunately, that has helped me heal the wrist issue and since then I am back to reach 11th try t
no, please no dj toys and stuff, make the mp12 clean
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts 1924 Marshall and Wendell 5' baby grand by Dave in Denver @ Today at 12:14 PM

1924 Marshall & Wendell 5' baby grand. This piano was never a player.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Stories of special pianos by pianoloverus @ Today at 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By Adele BrooksTry this one, special story about Fazioli pianos http://europianosnaples.com/blog/best-piano-brands-part-1/ That's just an ad for Fazioli.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Who appreciates tone quality more? by David Boyce @ Today at 11:55 AM

Thank you for your kind words about my website, Ian. It's not the best-designed visually, but it's got quite a lot on it, and I'm gratified that it comes at the top of Google for every relevant search term. And I didn't pay anyone for "search
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progressing a step further by carlos88 @ Today at 11:45 AM

If you played anything like your recording, the audience must have loved it. You do a wonderful job bringing out the main theme moving between both hands, and keeping the arpeggios and secondary lines subtly supporting it. I love how beautiful an
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Have you asked her current teacher? I understand she teaches classical, but many jazz performers have a classical background. In the old days, classical included training in improvisation and her teacher may be able to incorporate more theory, ear
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway B and D "rod" by Scott E @ Today at 11:37 AM

I was reading some patents and came across something that reminded me of this thread. Originally Posted By US Patent No. 127,383, dated May 28, 1872The metal frame on its upper surface is provided with lugs for the reception of a metal wedge-bar, wh
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 review + nekkid pics by Pablo Woiz @ Today at 11:19 AM

just re-posting my post: Originally Posted By Pablo WoizHey!! I had my doubts about 3 sensors in FP-30. Then my anxiety was too high... I had to see it with my eyes. YES!! there are 3 Sensors!! Have fun! Pablo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Widmung by hreichgott @ Today at 10:53 AM

Quote:About the problematic rhythm, basically I am being a little too quick to get to the sixteenth notes? Yes. Each dotted eighth should be one and a half eighth notes long.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PianoDisc Radio, Review Wanted by BDB @ Today at 10:53 AM

If they are streaming files to be played on the PianoDisc system, it would use a lot less bandwidth than even streaming audio.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater Korg Giveaway
Sweetwater Korg Kronos Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Replacing Genuine Ivory Keytops
by Keelan Taylor
04/28/16 05:19 PM
Computer software
by Phillsmit3
04/28/16 04:40 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of this piece?
by Aleksandre
04/28/16 04:14 PM
Attending advanced recital: Inspirational or demoralizing?
by INBoston
04/28/16 03:51 PM
Keyboard for a one year old?
by ZeroZero
04/28/16 03:24 PM
Forum Stats
83,443 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,275 Topics
2,519,411 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission