Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
72 registered (clothearednincompo, cmb13, barbaram, bennevis, Beemer, 12 invisible), 1708 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Big Annual "Gig" by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

... But it's well over a dollar a year.... ;-)
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Antonín Petrof by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By johnstafOriginally Posted By RetsacnalFunny, I thought a new premium line from Petrof would stir up more discussion! Me too. I find this very exciting. Yes, I find it intriguing too. How does a company introduce a premium l
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway D 92'`hammers by QPS @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Ed, normally when I choose hammers I try I hammer of each section to select the correct weight,if supplier allows, since Steinway doesn´t that time and I experienced lots of tapering and removing from the hammers to allow me a normal DW, this was do
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is note guessing bad? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By Cutestpuppieguessing the notes when you read sheet music a bad tactic to use? Guessing is for playing by ear. Read by learning to recognize intervals. When you guess by ear, also learn to recover and keep going to the rig
Originally Posted By BDBHandle it the way that you would handle any alligator: Tie the jaws shut first! In Florida, we just walk or kayak past them. The smaller ones (less than 6 feet) usually jump in the water and swim away. The larger ones s
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: iPad Pro & Forscore - your experience/recommendations? by WhoDwaldi @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

This iPad Pro review by a conductor is nevertheless helpful to us pianists. https://youtu.be/deZflQRm39k
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: RD-2000 or CP4? by Macsaint777 @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Just a quick response earlier, but I wanted to take the time to properly respond to Dave Ferris since he gave such a detailed response to me. The fact that you speak so highly of the RD-2000 based on your short time with headphones that are very ba
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Stubbie @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

I read it about a year ago. It was good but not great, imo, maybe a 3.5 on a scale of 1-5. I'm thinking there was probably some fuzziness in the line separating non-fiction and fiction.
Adult Beginners Forum
Fingerings are always personal because hand shapes and sizes differ so much. With baroque pieces I find some printed fingerings incomprehensible, but I guess they work for larger hands and of course the keyboards were smaller and lighter to play at t
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a small MIDI controller to put on Kawai VPC1 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By hag01Kawai James, do you know if I can put the M-Audio Axiom 25 on the VPC1? Its depth is longer than the surface of the VPC1, but it doesn't necessarily mean it can't be put on the VPC1, as the NI Kontrol S25 can. http://www.m-a
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 v Roland RD-2000 Help me What to buy by PianoMan51 @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Hi M. About a year ago I ended up with both a Nord Piano 2 and a Yamaha CP4. I kept the CP4. I'm mostly a jazz pianist, and the CP4 provides an even, neutral, reasonably realistic sound and feel for me to use for live gigs. And it sounds good throu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where can I find a playable piano in Rio de Janeiro? by Piano_Brazil @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By Jess YHi folks, I'm a lifelong casual pianist, and I will be spending a month in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil this June. I don't have a portable instrument I can take with me, so I'm wondering if any of you have been there and/or know
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: April 1, I'm performing in Carnegie Hall (not as a pianist) by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Here is information about buying tickets, as well as who else will be there. https://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2017/4/1/0600/PM/Gotham-SINGS-Collegiate-Choral-Showcase/
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Last person to reply wins by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 09:20 PM

I win!
Jump to new posts Re: Client database ideas? (Need some experienced input) by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

"I never understood it: since it appears to be nothing but lines and lines of nothing but ALGEBRA!" LOL. You do bring up a good point about privacy, and possibly the biggest reason why these types of services aren't more successful.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Kawai America Product Video Nice playing on the SK-EX piece. Cheers, James x
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Major 6 Diminished Scale by john f @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By NahumOriginally Posted By john fNahum, I appreciate your help, however, you are way over my head. Can you explain this in layman's terms or in a simpler way. John, please - what exactly you haven't understood? I do not underst
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: Ghost Cruise & Lighthouse Tour - Aug 19 - Rye NH by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

So, did you go? Looks like it was quite a while ago...I don't get into this sub forum very often. I always enjoy ghost walks and tours in old cities.
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: 1000! by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

2000! Ok, this is another silly update, but I just noticed that my last post was 1999, which means that this one will be the 2000th that I've posted on PianoWorld! I def- initely spend too much time here...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Chicago piano treasures by Duke of Dunning @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Very cool indeed. Ed and Sylvester welcome visitors. You will see several grands in the process of restoration and rebuilding. Piles of grand bellies, plates, and other parts. Need a pedal lyre? They may have one down there. As posted before, many o
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Fingering Positions and Patterns by guitarjunior19 @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXUswFm9b4
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Elderly Students by malkin @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXOriginally Posted By malkinNow you've got me wondering if my teacher thinks of me as "elderly." In my case no; she is 10 years older than me My teacher is considerably younger than I am, but I imagine that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The correct way to learn? by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By PeakskiMaybe if you play classical there is a strictly enforced "correct technique", I really don't know at this point, but that's the first impression I get. But as I'm interested primarily in pop/rock/R&B etc doe
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Little slur-like symbols after noteheads by David-G @ Yesterday at 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By fatar760Is there a way for me to upload pics to this site? See here.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Consolation (Solo Version) by roma_10 @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

Dyathon, First of all, thank you for the kind compliments. I have not given composing lessons before but I guess that's something I might be interested in at some point. I will let you know by private message.
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
lifetime of well maintained higher class upright pianos?
by Wuffski
02/24/17 05:05 AM
Brief RD 2000 vs RD 800 Comparison Chart
by Hamin
02/24/17 01:03 AM
If You Are Struggling to Learn Inversions-Read This
by guitarjunior19
02/23/17 11:40 PM
Sinfonia 13 - which fingering is best? (examples)
by hexentanz
02/23/17 08:42 PM
New Knabe upright or Hailun upright
by anninkc
02/23/17 06:54 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,778 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,688 Topics
2,601,350 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission