Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
132 registered (ajames, augustm, Bachus, ando, AZNpiano, 32 invisible), 2057 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy tuning of my new Bl├╝thner by pyropaul @ Today at 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerPaul, No, not during the tuning. I will however make a recording of something this week and post a link here if that is what you would like? Ian Ian, that's exactly what I'd like Thanks! Paul.
Piano Forum
I have the option to buy an Obermeier grand piano but I cannot find any information. Only that it was produced until 1928 in Germany. https://www.jvanmedevoort.nl/piano/info_bouwjaar/obermeier.htm Did Obermeier produce different grand pianos? Did Ob
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Resolving line noise? by prout @ Today at 12:26 PM

I have never used a line conditioner, but this topic peeked my interest. I ran my own mains power into my lab oscilloscope and the power is anything but clean! - Huge amounts of spike noise, harmonic distortion, major short term (10s of milliseconds
nice shoe.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kinderszenen (Schumann): Thoughts? by Carey @ Today at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Carey Interesting Doctoral Thesis on this topic. Discussion of the Opus 15 specifically starts on page 45. https://www.scribd.com/doc/227956723/Schumann-Piano-Music-for-Children-Analysis Intere
I moved from HD205 to HD598 when they were on sale at Amazon last black Friday, the tip was actually from PW forum. Very good investment for me.
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Cabinet Refinishing tips and wisdom by Nathan Monteleone @ Today at 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By Chuck Behm, CPT-E Mr. Zebra: Nathan mentioned a series I wrote in 2008 - 2009 concerning refinishing. I can supply a link to that if you don't have access. However, I would be glad to boil down our method into a short list of ste
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do You Play The Piano? by Dashy @ Today at 11:51 AM

Honestly? Partly because I love all music and wish to create my own. Partly because in my 40's and it's good for my mental health and self-esteem. Partly because I'm envious of people who can play music. I did violin for a while, and I loved
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by barbaram @ Today at 11:51 AM

Thanks Mom3Gram, it was fun to learn!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Reasonable amount to charge for gig by Redhead1 @ Today at 11:46 AM

I work in Atlanta and charge $400 for a ceremony/cocktail hour, plus an additional fee if I need to bring my own keyboard. You can see my Pricing and Packaging Page Pricing and Packaging Page for more details. I wrote a book called Giggin' for L
Adult Beginners Forum
Is alfred's book enough? or should I also get a good music theory book and read that at the same time? someone recommended me this: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_s...t=relevancerank But it's not a hugely popular book/series, so I c
Piano Forum
Now to turn it upside down. what about a Bose 225 Phoenix with CF soundboard WNG action?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clomp! Clomp! Clomp! by Dashy @ Today at 11:15 AM

I have a PX-760. I've been using it for 6 months and some keys are starting to click/bounce on release. It's been pissing me off. My wife assures me it's not annoying while in the same room if I play with headphones on. Also, I notice the actual
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you get students' names on first phone calls? by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 10:03 AM

Try to remember their names at the first lesson, in honor of PianoWorld.
Jump to new posts Re: Look at my homepage by Beemer @ Today at 09:52 AM

This may be of interest: http://www.gottschalk.fr/index.php/en/gottschalk-s-eng/partitions-s-eng Not for four hands but delightful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBzWxbhUxNA Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing staccato to improve precision by Qazsedcft @ Today at 09:19 AM

@earlofmar: Indeed, every Bach piece is more tricky than it looks. @dogperson: Thanks! I already know about this exercise and about rhythmic variations too. It's something I've been practicing.
Jump to new posts Re: DIY KAWAI ES-100 stand by FastJ @ Today at 09:17 AM

Stand is very stable and compact. Regarding the stool- it's not made by me. IKEA made it easy for me Also, material used in here is plain matte white plywood cuted by the order. So, technically, I just had to join ordered pieces and that's it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Metronome with wireless earphones by johan d @ Today at 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By MeddenIs it like where it stops ticking for a short while, and when it resumes you can check if you are still on beat?Indeed. It helps you rely more on your internal clock than it does when a metronome doesn't stop at all.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A Technique Question.... by Qazsedcft @ Today at 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By newbert Hmmm....Not a bad idea, I wonder whether it might be useful to tape the two fingers together (at least at first) to get the proper "feel". Thoughts? It's a very bad idea to force your fingers into submission
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Frequencies of Divine Proportion by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Today at 08:42 AM

This kind of scared me and then my cat wandered over and bit me. She only does that when I sing "Ombra Mai Fu". She's partial to Zipoli. But I preferred your Tao te Ching ... perhaps because of the piano. Cat sat down calmly with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weird change in action by Rickster @ Today at 08:21 AM

I've learned that when it comes to piano actions, it is completely subjective. A perfectly regulated actions might not feel right to some players. I know the actions on my pianos feel good to me, yet they all feel a bit different. My Yamaha C7 feel
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yuja Wang (and Grimaud/Lang) article by Pogorelich. @ Today at 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By PlowboyIn another 10 years we'll all be in awe of her. I hope I'm around to see it. What will change in 10 years? Will she get better, will she play different rep, will we better appreciate her(
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid piano NU1 VS GP300 (or 400, 500)? by peterws @ Today at 07:53 AM

Anybody care to chip in with silent acoustics? or introduce a new posting? Sorry, this has been previously dealt with in JUly I believe.
Originally Posted By proutI've never played a silent piano. Does it change the action feel enough to affect one's technique when switching from normal to silent? There`s a posting on the Piano forum which suggests it might. And that the normal aco
Jump to new posts Re: Has anybody upgraded their dp thinking . . . by Cinjero @ Today at 07:09 AM

Yes, because I moved from a 64 key DP to a 88 Key DP. With the 64, I was already at ends with some pieces because (laugh) I would run out of keyboard with lower notes; I would resort to adjusting up or down the ocave to make the piece fix or full pla
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hammer response/String Resonanance on AP450
by LarryShone
39 minutes 51 seconds ago
Who knows something About an Obermeier grand piano
by RobvRij
Today at 12:26 PM
Need Encouragement (or told to give up)
by Dashy
Today at 11:45 AM
Good piano theory book to go along with alfred's all in one?
by uptick
Today at 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday Gershwin!
by Keith D Kerman
Today at 07:43 AM
Forum Stats
85,076 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,347 Topics
2,558,260 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission