Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
96 registered (ando, Adypiano, AlexanderLee, anamnesis, Al LaPorte, 16 invisible), 997 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand by pianoman9 @ Today at 02:45 AM

I use Veritune to tune pianos, and I have regulated and repaired uprights, but I have less experience with grand pianos. First thing I noticed with my nearly 100 year-old Chickering is that the hammers were obviously replaced at some point. It's
Pianist Corner
I wish I had the time Michael, but I'm flying to London on Tuesday for the Music Education Expo (I have a booth, L14 there) and I'm flooded with work... that along with the so many new scores that came out this week. I can't do much right now, sorry.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Short announcement: Sauter pianos by Dara @ Today at 02:31 AM

Nobert, The Sauter's I played in your store were beautiful pianos... The Estonia's were something I wanted to live with. Best wishes in your ongoing piano adventures. Dara
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the best Pianos for Romantic Music by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By JustHarmonyWell, that was an interesting listen. I liked it better than I expected to, I have to admit. The volume seemed a bit jacked up to me... this instrument seemed to have a range of close-to-fortes that I have never befor
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Homage to Debussy: I. Introduzione by Michael Sayers @ Today at 02:02 AM

Hi Everyone, This little musical introduction is a modernistic composition. Up until the D Major/B minor key signature it is based on scales other than the traditional Major-minor ones. The Introduzione opens with an allusion to Debussy's La cathĂ
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zj7GXDCik4&feature=youtu.be
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
This is part of a new work we just published, by Italian composer Andrea Granitzio. I will admit that I had never heard of Andrea before, but he approached me to publish his collection... for contemporary kids... I tried to persuade him that this m
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: the .925 silver music rack on Liszt's Chickering by Michael Sayers @ Today at 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By TwoSnowflakesLooks just like the one on my piano! I, too, have one like it! I would share photos of it but gold doesn't photograph very well.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I've been using a Gibraltar drum rack as a stand for a Kawai VPC1 for the past few months. I have it adjusted down to 20 inches to fit my daughter and it would easily go much lower. It's rock solid, and can be easily broken down for transport. Here's
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ariana Grande - Adore (NEW Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 01:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DrUObpBSyo
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By backto_study_pianoStunning. Would it be usable to put music on, or more decorative? It doesn't look flat in the photo. And wide music could be a problem if the candles were lit. Or are the candles forward of the main stand so
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By andoI think you should resize the photos. They don't really need to be such high resolution. People opening the thread on tablets, phones and expensive mobile data plans will be all be grateful! Quite right! Us non-users of por
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franck's prelude, choral and fugue by argerichfan @ Today at 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesI agree with the OP completely on the quality of the piece.. and my answer is that it's well worth the effort. +1. Absolutely. I learned and performed it the year before I started uni. It is a masterpiece on the le
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital - Call for Submissions! by outo @ Today at 12:22 AM

I feel a bit more positive now, finally it seems my head is beginning to absorb this piece. I made a trial recording yesterday, but forgot to actually turn on the recorder (it's silly, one has to carefully press twice or it stays in the "ready&q
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restore or buy new? Disappointing rebuild... by Retsacnal @ Today at 12:21 AM

I'd be inclined to keep the piano, since it's a family piece and the refinish is attractive, and you also say you like the sound. The main issues seem to be related to adjustable things. For example, you say it's a new action (did you go with WNG, si
Originally Posted By Kawai JamesOriginally Posted By peterwsPity . . . . . Pete, perhaps you can create your own YouTube channel, uploading videos that feature the DGX-650 and a view overlooking the Blackpool illuminations? Well, I do have a cy
Jump to new posts Re: Full Compass partials picture by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By proutThis is a spectrogram of my piano - all 88 notes played and shown at once. The notes start at the bottom left at A0 with the partial structure extending to the right. Note 88 is at the upper edge near 4041Hz. Note ho
Originally Posted By Ed McMorrow, RPTProtek CLP will not hurt anything so you might as well try it. If that doesn't work you could make a weak shrinking solution from 1 part water to 20 parts ethanol. Apply first with a toothpick until surface is w
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Rondo's by wr @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By Polyphonist Read through it and then decide whether you want to learn it or not. I'm pretty sure I don't want to learn it, but I'd like to hear it. I don't know if re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Glenn Gould on Richard Strauss by jeffreyjones @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

I love the Stimmungsbilder.. simple, heartfelt, naively honest music. But I'm glad he didn't compose like that for his entire career.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Sleipnir @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

I found this demo in which I believe Scott Tibbs is using one of the assign knobs to control the sound of one layer. Look for it at the 7:00 minute mark. It sounds like he sweeps a filter which I assume is one of the filter modulation effects. Why no
Jump to new posts pianodisc? by JustHarmony @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Sorry... wasn't sure where to post. Real post is in the main forum, so please refer any experiences, thoughts, opinions about pianodisc (or disklavier) to there. Thanks! JH
Jump to new posts Re: Can you mimic a soundboard effect on Kawai CA65? by McBuster @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM

If you can power a subwoofer, and feed a signal to it, purchase the transducer, mount it under the keyboard. Might work okay for tactile feedback.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Pinblock install by Kins @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

Pinblock
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should one learn "easy" arrangements? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By gregory99 However...I am wondering for someone who is looking towards playing the originals and/or someone who is genuinley looking to progress musically if using your practice time on such things i
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question to the stage piano's users
by stamkorg
03/05/15 04:20 AM
Roland RD-700GX ivory key wear
by AlexanderLee
03/05/15 03:03 AM
Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand
by pianoman9
03/05/15 02:45 AM
the best piano music
by mery
03/05/15 02:17 AM
pianodisc?
by JustHarmony
03/04/15 10:52 PM
Forum Stats
78,392 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,092 Topics
2,379,926 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission