Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
146 registered (anamnesis, Albunea, anotherscott, 36 invisible), 1405 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Periscope by Mark Polishook @ Today at 10:13 AM

Knotty, am going to download and check it out https://www.periscope.tv/ looks great! THANK YOU for mentioning it ...
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help on a Piano Piece by PianoMaster757 @ Today at 09:55 AM

It seems the problem is the acoustic piano. When I tried playing the same arpeggio on a digital piano, the bass was not as deep and low. Thanks for all the help, I will try to use your suggestions.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lubrication choices by Olek @ Today at 09:52 AM

Trombone grease on pins or deer grease, stay slippery for years. The white lube sold by protect is not bad but less slippery. Before luring, pins are cleaned with mineral spirit or another solvent Clp is useless there Teflon spray, some are effic
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Piano for young by Morodiene @ Today at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By MorodieneOne comment, if your daughter is just starting you don't necessarily need 3 pedals. Only when you get to very advanced music will you ever really have a need for the other two pedals, in which cas
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery learning by keystring @ Today at 09:07 AM

I'm thinking that whatever that pedagogy might actually be after (versus how it might be coming across) is actually shown in the example below. Candywoman, you are having the students do a thing physically under your guidance. So in effect it is al
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A day of trying pianos in London by Mark Polishook @ Today at 08:55 AM

Congratulations! Do enjoy! All best wishes for you and the 205!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by Rerun @ Today at 08:21 AM

I think I'm already getting visions of the "big guy" getting the piano down the chimney. You're gonna do great! Welcome aboard!!
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano, wood stove, and humidity level by David Jenson @ Today at 08:09 AM

"I realize pianos and wood burning devices have co-existed for hundreds of years so this shouldn't be anything new ..." That's the crux of the situation. Use reasonable precautions and you'll be fine. If you can get some more distance betw
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By Peter K. Mose ...You'll know when you find a good fit with a studio piano teacher. If you're not sure, take a couple paid lessons with that person and see how it goes. If you're still unsure, invent som
Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By MacMacMacSome high-end pianos have a soundboard. But an electroacoustic resonator does not mimic strings and bridges. Still, I'm left wondering how it sounds. I guess I'll have to look for a Kawai dealer
Pianist Corner
Certainly, classically trained organist improvise all the time as part of service playing. Go into just about any French organ loft and try to find a music manuscript. Most of the services are totally improvised. Faure was certainly the master and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My trip to Cunningham Piano in Philadelphia by Rich Galassini @ Today at 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By Music MeRich, Is that Curt in the second picture? That is Joe Cossolini, a wonderful action man whose hands were featured in Art Reblitz book for piano techs. years ago. Joe has been around the block a few times. I believe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Health issue woes by piano_primo_1 @ Today at 05:35 AM

Best of luck with surgery and speedy recovery..... ...Suddenly I have head, back, neck ,shoulder, and thumb pain .....,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What music are you listening to? by Albunea @ Today at 05:17 AM

I found this interpretation last year, and heard the song for the first time not long before. For Greener.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland LX-15e and Yami CLP 585 by pv88 @ Today at 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By EssBraceOriginally Posted By Michiyo-FirThe Bosendorfer on the V-piano is the best one I've heard built into a digital (not software piano) to date. Just goes to show how differently people hear things. I have long been a criti
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: meantone temperament by gynnis @ Today at 04:46 AM

I'm thinking that the mutations add an extra bite to the harmony, so the underlying temperament is less of an issue.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Steve CohenHow could a "no haggling" policy be enforced? If I told a shopper that my prices were fixed, and my competitors were willing to cut a deal, wouldn't they have a sales advantage? Steve, I'll admit I'm not
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: looking for an orchestra to play with by vancamp @ Today at 02:32 AM

There's an organization in California that caters to putting amateur pianists in front of an orchestra... http://www.californiaconcerto.org/ Normally, I would think it was mostly through contacts with conductors.
Adult Beginners Forum
When I saw this thread, I was wondering the same thing. I'm the text book definition of an adult absolute beginner. Been attempting to play the entire piece since January, and just got to a point where I'm beginning to be happy with my progress. htt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about our Baldwin by BDB @ Today at 01:43 AM

That would be a Hamilton studio upright, built about 1997. Price would depend on the condition and local market. Maybe it would fetch $2000, but that is a very rough guess.
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Absolute Pitch by harrrb @ Today at 01:31 AM

I think it's an inborn talent. Haha...
Musicians Welcome!
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic Harp--beautiful ! by harrrb @ Today at 01:22 AM

I think the reverb is an important effect of this instrument. And anyway,it's a nice performance.Thanks.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fixing weak areas in piano pieces? by outo @ Today at 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By Halee Reddick What technique do you think works best when trying to fix weak areas so that you are confident playing through the entire piece? For me it's variation of all kinds of practice methods: Slow-fast, HT-HS, smaller s
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRc_CofsNJE Hello Listeners, Thanks for all of you for watching my videos, we have now reached 8000 Subscribers! I will continue to work hard and provide the best content for you all! As a celebration, I will play Big
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to search for a teacher for my VI kid by Saranoya @ Today at 12:51 AM

You may already know this, but just in case you didn't: music notation can be translated into braille (source). I know your son isn't entirely blind. It may be worthwhile for you to find out if there are any piano teachers in your area who have exp
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
(ad) Teaching Music To Children
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tree Through House (not mine)
by WhoDwaldi
07/01/15 11:41 AM
Help finding piano music
by Litto
07/01/15 11:40 AM
climate control during absence of tbd duration.
by thorn_was_taken
07/01/15 11:08 AM
Sound problems with Kawai CA97
by Gouldmember
07/01/15 11:06 AM
Digital piano with synth sound or Synth with piano sound?
by jkim4007
07/01/15 02:21 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,850 Registered Members
44 Forums
165,208 Topics
2,422,734 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission