Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner inspired around here - playing some Bach by sinophilia @ Today at 10:37 AM

Well said outo. I'm studying grade 5 pieces after 2 years and a half, but those poor composers are rolling in their graves. I learn, I have fun, once in a while I may play actual music - but I'm not a grade 5 and won't be for at least another couple
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Themed recital: Suites by Morodiene @ Today at 10:36 AM

I forget if this was asked already or not, but does Bach's Italian Concerto count as a suite (since it's not really a concerto)?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When do you turn down a potential new student? by keystring @ Today at 10:15 AM

Going back to the original topic: If I read it from the view of a student, I get mixed messages. I pretty well have a classical background, starting with the earliest music that played from my parents' choices in my infancy. I'm interested in expan
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tight pressure bar by UnrightTooner @ Today at 10:09 AM

Toni: I have eased off the pressure bar, too. It is well worth it! Just back off the affected area about 1/8 turn at a time and then retune that section to see how it feels. (Rinse and repeat. ) No need to slacken the strings first or anything. If
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A New Piano Brand is Coming by turandot @ Today at 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: andoGeez, what happened to you, turandot? You used to be all about irreverence. Now you are the voice of pedantry. Is there no latitude for the odd quip anymore? Maybe you have something there Ando. I used to come in here as I
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Imagine Dragons - Radioactive by dannn @ Today at 10:03 AM

Sounds good.is it your arrangement or learned it from sheet?
The method is inaccurate and this should be stated in the video, saying that it can be used for setting rough approximate M3rds. Sorry I really can't say contiguous, but some M3rds increasing in speed. It should also be noted in the video that other
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Yiruma - River flows in you by a beginner by dannn @ Today at 09:34 AM

Well you must be very naturally talented if you can play that well after 4.5 months! Normally it would take a number of years to play like that.I wander how any person could progress so fast.....
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: How do I record my piano in Audacity? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 09:33 AM

If the laptop's soundcard is really bad, you might have to use an alternative: . . . spend some time making your external audio interface work on the laptop. If Audacity can "see" the interface, as a recording device, and the piano is plu
Pianist Corner
I can't view the video (new macbook pro)? I made a thread about the problem http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2321466.html#Post2321466
Help Wanted / Positions Wanted (Employment)
Jump to new posts osx embedded youtube 'plugin is needed'? by wouter79 @ Today at 09:04 AM

I'm getting this message Quote: A plugin is needed to display this content. Install plugin... since I have a new macbook pro. If I try to install the plugin by clicking on the 'Install plugin...' I get Quote: Conclusion No suitable plugins wer
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: TEST by wouter79 @ Today at 08:55 AM

Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: 88 Fingers JeffAs for this statementOriginally Posted By: A443Normally, in real life, we compensate for this natural decrease by increasing string tension etc. to make a larger piano sound louder. that seems to argue that may
Jump to new posts Re: Paying to be a vendor by Bob @ Today at 08:43 AM

They had an event and the producer of the event paid for the grand tuning, which hadn't been tuned since the piano was new 5 years ago. I made some inquiries as to who is responsible for the piano, and met with dead ends, then I found the vendor app
I agree with tone "bending" but the limit is soon attained, I think we cannot consider, despite the "simplicity" of the Western harmony, that only 3 notes are enough to play, and can be voiced differently. They always will b
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning the 7th octave by Ed A. Hall @ Today at 08:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris LeslieEd, that is fine, but the question was how often does this techniques fix your false beats, i.e. most, some, many, or about 5% etc etc. Chris, I can't give you an exact number because I haven't made it a scienti
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: bigunRE the Yamaha C - it's a quality piano. It'll be interesting to see if you like the sound or not. My advise is simply don't write it off a list because of someone else's description of the sound. Sound is hard enough to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone list the rules of accidentals? by malkin @ Today at 07:20 AM

Those Henle guys...it sounds like they but some thought into their work!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES-7? by Kawai James @ Today at 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By: peterwsJames'll sort it out if anything goes wrong. . .:) Well, I'll do what I can...but I'd like to think that the dealer/distributor be the first point of contact in the unlikely event that an issue develops with the instrume
Correct. James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Collard & Collard by hudicht @ Today at 06:35 AM

I just spoke to a work colleague today about my find and he is stoked about it, he got me so intrigued in restoring as far as i can on a small budget. His mother and sister funnily enough are highly skilled pianists. He wants to take it off my hands
Jump to new posts Re: Use Audacity to SEE, HEAR, and MEASURE beats. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Today at 06:21 AM

Thanks Chris. Could you clarify what you meant by "more exactness"?
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by bgiles @ Today at 06:03 AM

The full 'Sound On Sound' review of the RD-800 is now available... http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr14/articles/roland-rd800.htm Great review, but I think there are some inaccuracies
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Piano Purchase Tax deductible? by A443 @ Today at 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: master88erOriginally Posted By: Glenn TreibitzTrue the schools get the use of pianos. There is a difference though between facilitating a loan of other company's property and taking credit for donating foundation's pianos to a
Jump to new posts Re: My Kawai love conundrum - help! CA65 or ES7? by Marko in Boston @ Today at 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: gbitw@Marko - Where did you buy your ES7 from? That is a great price! Wonderful Kawai dealer in Salem, NH. Ask for John, the owner. Great guy! http://www.londonderrypiano.com/
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
169 registered (36251, A Guy, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, ajames, 57 invisible), 1544 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75984 Members
42 Forums
157142 Topics
2307837 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to practice a fast piece for amateur competitions
by RonaldSteinway
54 minutes 0 seconds ago
Cromatic lead in Elton John song
by Visalia
54 minutes 14 seconds ago
Chopin experts: this is driving me nuts
by riley80
Today at 09:40 AM
At Last - My VPC1 is Ordered!
by EmptySpace
Today at 09:32 AM
Pin block not contacting plate flange
by Bob
Today at 08:33 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission