Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
96 registered (Auntie Lynn, 36251, AndyP, accordeur, 32 invisible), 1319 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Flea market serendipty - back to piano! by Zerlina @ Today at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By Tuneless When I started the piano, I was concerned that there would only be so many really wonderful old standards, my particular cup of tea. But I am now blown away by the incredible number of pieces that I adore. I'm pretty
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: replacing missing keys by David Boyce @ Today at 03:29 PM

I don't even know who makes piano keys in the UK now. Supply house Fletcher & Newman have someone thy use for odd keys, but I don't know if he makes whole keyboards. The thing is, we don't have a piano industry in the UK any more. There ar
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Free kindle book on Scales, Chords & Arpeggios by PatrickBl @ Today at 03:24 PM

Thanks, but it doesn't come up as free for me. Is it part of a Kindle promotion?
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by Alexander Borro @ Today at 03:16 PM

ElmerJFudd, Was that reply somehow meant for the other thread CUBASE thread. ? Anyway what I do know very little, Cubase will not go further than the launch screen if not activated once you have gone beyond the grace period, when you encounter that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Exalted Wombat @ Today at 03:06 PM

It actually often works the other way around. You practice and practice, it STILL won't run up to speed, but tomorrow, as by magic... :-) That's as long as you practiced it slow, but RIGHT.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A revelation on uprights by Norbert @ Today at 02:36 PM

Quote:It's absolutely correct that for the price of a new Steinway upright you could have a fully rebuilt tier one 6' to 7'6 grand (depending on make, age, availability etc), but then not everyone is in the market for that grand. My piano cost a grea
Jump to new posts Re: Do I Need An iPad.... by LookinforDP @ Today at 02:13 PM

depending on market, it seems you can get printed partitions of these lessons check here : (/!\ link to a store) fiche technique or here: (/!\ link to a store) menu musique maybe you could order on a french store and get delivered in Italy s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Daily report / Inspiring each other by Jytte @ Today at 01:57 PM

Johan, I noticed some new uploads on your channel, nice. Keep'em coming
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By scorpiowhat is the relevance of skill level? Exactly my thought. The only thing of relevance to me is, that I'm much better than I was a few months ago, and hopefully another few months may see further improvements. The only
Composer's Lounge
I composed this song as a gift for my old girlfriend birthday. That is beautiful love. However, because of some reasons, we broke up. This song is a memorable moment between us. Please, listen and give me a comment how you feel about " One year
Member Recordings
I composed this song as a gift for my old girlfriend birthday. That is beautiful love. However, because of some reasons, they broke up. This song is a memorable moment between us. Please, listen and give me a comment how you feel about " One yea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hi im NEW by soundsquire @ Today at 12:59 PM

Welcome to Piano World! I say go for it. Get the best set of keys you can afford and just go for it. You may find that music takes a priority. I for one completely exited one of my other long time hobbies to focus on piano.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by gdguarino @ Today at 12:17 PM

There was a second or two in that video that shows a round pool that I think may be in the Tuileries gardens. I've got a photo somewhere of an elderly man with a cart full of colorful wooden toy sailboats that he would rent out for people to "sa
Originally Posted By bill5Thanks but again, playing I have no concerns. But I'll be recording and sequencing, and from what I've gathered so far those things can get sucked up mighty quick.... Unfortunately just how quick seems to vary and is hard i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tips starting out more seriously. by iamanders @ Today at 11:37 AM

My tip would be: Give much effort and time into your playing and learning the instrument! But you need to see your progress otherwise you may be only frustrated and stop practicing (that is what psychology of learning is telling us). My question is
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Yes, of coarse, that would be nice.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano by Tom Christian @ Today at 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By iamandersIf my post were dumb/strange/stupid then what is this forum for? Your post is none of those things, and it's actually an interesting question. You might consider a sub-dividing electronic metronome -- one that can divi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recognize this man? by Jeff Clef @ Today at 10:23 AM

I thought it was the guy that bought Steinway.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: [HD Video] Weird tonal characteristic on double string C3 by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 09:59 AM

A much easier and less expensive solution would be to install a Pitchlock string coupler on that unison. You would also not have the problem of instability with a new string. http://pitchlock.com/pitch-lock-string-couplers/ See the Bass String Ton
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By FarmGirlNot completely unrelated but I have English question. Is finger position different from fingering? Also when do you use singular vs plural (finger positions)? When do you use fingering vs fingerings? Thanks. I think
If you have a digital audio interface with XLR input, I think an ordinary analogue mike is the better way to go. I had problems with a USB condenser michrophone, though it's fine for podcasting. Q7, the dynamic SM58 clone from Samson is good: http:/
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Laura Pausini - Strani amori PIANO by Danielzzz1234 @ Today at 09:26 AM

https://youtu.be/GWgDrEWJWJM thanks for your support!
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Joe Hishaishi - Howl's moving castle PIANO by Danielzzz1234 @ Today at 09:20 AM

https://youtu.be/JazHm8rKLN0 thanks for your support!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My New Teaching Gig is Going Well...... by pianoman9 @ Today at 09:20 AM

Dang, the owner of the school wants to add Mondays to my weekend lessons! Must be doing something right! I told him to try to keep the gaps in between the 30 minute lessons to a minimum, to try to pack them one after the other, although it's certa
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Skyrim - Main theme PIANO by Danielzzz1234 @ Today at 09:12 AM

https://youtu.be/QKgWyAX_sW0 thanks for your support!
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rug under piano on new hardwood flooring?
by Eric Gloo
04/18/15 07:23 PM
Switching to an IPad
by jjo
04/18/15 05:26 PM
Speaker positioning
by sandalholme
04/18/15 04:24 PM
3 recordings (drum, cymbals & piano) of my compositions
by indigo_dave
04/18/15 03:33 PM
Action:grand vs. vertical
by pianoloverus
04/18/15 03:11 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,343 Topics
2,397,379 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission