Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Recognising Slash chords by ear by Visalia @ Today at 06:07 PM

Looking for some good examples of slash chords in songs. I think you're ear needs to be yet that bit more acquired to recognise them. The best example I can probably think of is that Ab maj with an Eb in the bass in the main riff of "Someone Sav
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan by Michael Sayers @ Today at 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersOriginally Posted By: phantomFiveOriginally Posted By: Michael SayersOriginally Posted By: fnorkMy source, who happens to be an ex-Babayan student, says that he does NOT charge 800. He
It's all a matter of taste and preference There are no absolutes here.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By: Dan CravensI'm not concerned about the appearance matching. I was under the assumption (maybe falsely) that the graphite or DAG served a purpose such as allowing the strings to move or vibrate. . slip better, probably - tent
In a idealized world with a perfectly regulated piano that was capable of being perfectly regulated while using a 1 7/8" or greater blow distance as opposed to a 1 3/4" or less blow distance, what effect would it have on dynamic range and c
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 05:35 PM

Dust in pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating temperament problem. Advice please by Chris Leslie @ Today at 05:35 PM

Mark, here is my advice: I think that your first A3-A4 octave was too wide for the piano and that is why the octave and the 4ths rolled too much. One way to establish a better first octave is to precede the CM3rd "skeleton" with an outer
Originally Posted By: Mark R.Hi Isaac, I'm not very familiar with dyes. Nigrosin appears to be a whole family of black and dark blue dyes, that are made by oxidation of aniline. So, in answer to the one question: yes, nigrosin is an aniline dye. Th
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Chair by John v.d.Brook @ Today at 04:59 PM

In my case, and probably Peter's, the chair isn't for relaxing; it provides back support. Wait until you're 70+. Anyway, I play with my students so much that standing has become the exception, not the rule.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: My attempt at Kikujiro Soundtrack by Markarian @ Today at 04:52 PM

I was expecting a Joe Hisaishi cover, but an original in his style...I love this piece, I think you nailed it. Kikujiro has been on my must see list, along with Beat Takeshi's other films, like Sonatine and Hana-Bi.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a re-built Steinway or Steinwas by Glenn Treibitz @ Today at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: A443Originally Posted By: Ed FooteSince weight and shape are big factors in tone, what is optimum is not known until the piano is played, usually with an oversized set of hammers to begin with. That is the way the factory has do
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch. by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 04:13 PM

Hi James! Yes, I used the dealer locator on the Kawai website. I am in the Philadelphia area. I'm not terribly sure where to go for these types of things in general. All I know are piano dealers for buying pianos (the two major retailers aroun
This seemed to be the best category to put this in since it is not related to classical music. Marilynn Ham, who is an arranger of mainly Sacred music is one of my favorites to play. My question is if any of you might have any suggestions on any
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I seek exercises for piano by 8 Octaves @ Today at 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianDXMaybe a dumb question but I've never been afraid to ask them What is meant by "invention"? Invention is insanely important form of music for everyone learning piano. Go Here for brief overview of Inventi
Jump to new posts Re: Online piano teacher by Nikalette @ Today at 04:01 PM

Following up: I used Piano With Willie for years...Willie Myette is a great teacher. He had a variety of prices fo r online lessons based on number of views per month. Since I rarely got online more than 15 times a month, I bought the least expens
Adult Beginners Forum
nope. let's try again. [video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGI4zY37gfs[/video] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGI4zY37gfs]video[/url] [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGI4zY37gfs[/url] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Today at 03:47 PM

Mordiene, I can imagine you doing a happy dance!
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Today at 03:42 PM

Piano Keyboard Image
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova CVP-83s Parts needed by Jason Solis @ Today at 03:33 PM

TTT
Jump to new posts Re: Hearing loss by Tango Vic @ Today at 03:30 PM

Oh no, it isn't a steep slope, but the threshold for the highest tones gets progressively higher to the right of the graph. It's unlike your audiogram, my curve is like an U. I was told it comes with age, but I've had it like that since my first aud
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: September Piano Bar by wouter79 @ Today at 03:22 PM

Thanks Allard, my browser is happy. Sounds good. Maybe back off the RH at 3:30, the repeased notes are too much IMHO, the LH has more interesting things at a few places.
Adult Beginners Forum
As a self taught beginner (been playing for about six months), I am enjoying very small things :D . I tried to play this piece of music about a month ago, and failed miserably. Last week, I managed to play trough the first minute (not well, but with
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by James Carney @ Today at 02:54 PM

It's a bit of a shame that this thread wasn't titled "Hybrid Piano Wire" or "Paulello wire" as there is a great deal of excellent information here for future readers - on a subject that very few people know much about. I'm just
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel by Rich Galassini @ Today at 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: musicpassionBTW, have you researched your rebuilder carefully? There is a huge variance in quality of work. Great advice. +1
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "And This Is My Beloved" from Kismet by Cinnamonbear @ Today at 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_COriginally Posted By: CinnamonbearActually, Bruce, I did *not* know that! You're kidding! I guess you're not. I first learned this 'tune' way back in summer camp. We were lucky to have a counselor at the camp who was a g
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (36251, acortot, accordeur, 39 invisible), 1420 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76037 Members
42 Forums
157217 Topics
2309111 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recognising Slash chords by ear
by Visalia
09/01/14 06:07 PM
Hammer blow distance, dynamic range, controllability
by prout
09/01/14 05:39 PM
Arrangers Comparable to Marilynn Ham Suggestions
by Hunt
09/01/14 04:13 PM
Bach well tempered clavier vs goldberg variations
by hag01
09/01/14 04:09 PM
Why are pianos measured by external dimensions?
by smrkdown
09/01/14 02:11 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission