Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuning career prospects 2014 by Semei @ Today at 07:48 PM

Demand is declining everywhere unless where there is a huge Asian population. IMO the only way you can get in is to hook up with a piano dealer (or dealers). Going at it yourself will be very difficult.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Freddie Green guitar comping. by Mark Polishook @ Today at 07:45 PM

Cus has it right: imagine the sound you want. Because hearing what we play is the gold standard. And that Dave McKenna example shows how simply the strum style can be done to great effect. Actually a lot of his recordings demonstrate the style. The i
Jump to new posts Re: Explanation article - False Beats by Gadzar @ Today at 07:45 PM

Hi Isaac, I am not anglophone neither but what I understood in short is that falseness is not provoqued by the string itself but by imperfections/characteritics of the bearing point at the tuning side (strike point side). He says also that statistic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The myth of the 10000 hours rule. by 8 Octaves @ Today at 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Doritos Flavouredsurely devoting all of those 10k hours to fur elise is a waste of time Something a little more substantive than Für Elise maybe in order for a 10000-hour project.
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: midi files by Shacky @ Today at 06:57 PM

Perhaps this is common knowledge, but this web site has a huge library of MIDI files and FIL files. Not sure what you need to do to play them on your QRS system, but there are tons of beautiful MIDI files. http://www.kuhmann.com/Yamaha.htm
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano. by TwoSnowflakes @ Today at 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Batuhanmay i ask which conservatory is this ? Well, my preference is not to make it terribly overt exactly where I live, just from a privacy standpoint. But I've not been totally secretive about things, either, so I guess I'm
Jump to new posts Re: Tones by alfredo capurso @ Today at 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: rxdI continue to discover tha vastly different ways in which different people hear the same thing. Not only are there more differences than we think but more differences than we can think. This is before we consider the woeful
Adult Beginners Forum
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: PlowboyOriginally Posted By: ClsscLib My teacher is not teaching me any theory. You need a new teacher. As I said before, it's not entirely her doing. In the limited time I have available for piano, I'd rather play pieces th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: BALDWIN--RENNER ACTION? by prout @ Today at 05:50 PM

Birdstrike protection is important for pianos and pianists as well, especially when performing outside under trees.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for technique criticism (video included) by phantomFive @ Today at 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaI'm sorry for not replying sooner. I've been pretty busy between work and school. I read through the new posts a few days ago and have been making adjustments in my playing. I really appreciate the feedback. It's
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Kawai MP7: Damper controller - bug or feature? by Banshee @ Today at 05:37 PM

There is a certain behaviour concerning the MP7 damper pedal you might find irritating, but I am not sure whether it's a glitch in the firmware or intended somehow..: Setup: - Kawai MP7 v1.05 - Damper Pedal F-10H connected - no other controllers con
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: anamnesisThere's a connection between physical motion and music, and classical music will only move forward once we accept this. As a performer, the first thing you must learn, is that the non-playing audience, will NEVER experi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do steinways survive tropical climates? by prout @ Today at 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonathan BakerOriginally Posted By: Mta88Should I be concerned with over drying the insides of my piano with the heating rod alone? I would be interested in seeing an objective test of the efficacy of the heating rods in elimi
Piano Forum
Thank you Guyl The Erard appears to have been sold to: "Messrs. Mati & Company - Furniture of Style". Now the research begins to fill in the blanks from March 1903 to 1947.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Update on new piece, your input is welcomed. by ChopinLives81 @ Today at 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas MihailaDo you have any videos of it being played? I can't record anything right now, but this is my personal reference video I made just so I have my ideas recorded in case I forget or lose my notes. I clipped away
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts canon by larryz @ Today at 04:49 PM

asdf
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha C3X worth it? by Sam4 @ Today at 04:11 PM

Here is what I find a joke these days, the fact that most of the major manufacturers charge you an arm and a leg for a finish other than Black or White, especially when you consider that nearly all the older used pianos you see are mahogany, rosewood
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schimmel - Ferrari Piano ? by slipperykeys @ Today at 04:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAiyRCnlEcs
Piano Teachers Forum
Even Glenn Gould played Byrd, Mozart, Beethoven, Sibelius, Wagner, Prokofiev, Hindemith, Schoenberg........
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is warming up effective? by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pianomouse I have a repertoire of hand exercises which I can do everywhere. Can you describe them? This sounds very useful. I definitely play better after warming up, but I do it by starting with something slow and easy.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by Ataru074 @ Today at 03:49 PM

I hope you'll be able to keep your grand. Replacements? quite damn hard and depressing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag -- need some feedback by Erik BerikHerik @ Today at 03:39 PM

Ahhh yes thats it! thx
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: adult beginner, what next? by JimF @ Today at 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: MorodieneShe has been planning her daughter's wedding ............ Just a thought, Morodiene. Sometimes people will make a better effort for their children than they do for themselves. Have you tried working on something she c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arghhh!!! by pianomouse @ Today at 03:23 PM

Everything which has been said so far will be helpful. What hasn't been mentioned yet is that sight-readers are often reading patterns (chords, scales, skips, etc.) much more than notes or harmonies and translating them directly to their hands on t
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia!
by Jtreimer
10/20/14 07:21 PM
Piano tuning career prospects 2014
by Morrisos
10/20/14 06:56 PM
Ack! My piano is diseased!
by TwoSnowflakes
10/20/14 06:34 PM
Painting Piano Keys
by imustlearn
10/20/14 06:00 PM
Who's Online
128 registered (angga888, anamnesis, 36251, anotherscott, accordeur, Alkanaut, 41 invisible), 1447 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158391 Topics
2325853 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission