Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
113 registered (36251, agraffe, Badboy, Andriuska, 29 invisible), 2166 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: what can be said of a 20 year old Baldwin grand? by PianoWorksATL @ Today at 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By rotundra4k is obviously too high based on what ebay sells them for. Ebay is basically a listing service for used pianos...rarely are they sold through ebay, so making assumptions about pricing from ebay is unwise. That price is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by Reign @ Today at 06:11 PM

Hi, i've just started playing the piano for about a year and I want to know how my progression is going. I can play this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kef9nnCI3QU after learning it for 2-3 weeks. I want to know your opinion. Thanks!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Great video, as always! 1. Wow, that boot time. And I thought the ~20 seconds on the Nords was pretty long 2. When you first started playing, I could hear something audibly clacking--was that the keys or something else? 3. It's hard to tell from
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES 8 by dmd @ Today at 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By karlosserioHi all, I'm looking to replace my aged and pretty worn Yamaha CP 33 with the Kawai ES8. I chose this digital piano because of the action not because of the sounds since I use Pianoteq live. My only concern is controlin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: An Off Day by Whizbang @ Today at 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By nancydenever give up Kind of the core of it. Add "have fun along the way" and I think you capture it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Sound by RonaldSteinway @ Today at 05:36 PM

Thank David!!! Yeah, I like unison sound.
bigbang was reporting absolutely the same problem in his ES8: Originally Posted By bigbangHI. I've a little problem. A key (G4) is more sensitive than the others. The max sound of this key is reached before the others. I've modified the sound level (
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The "habit" of not being able to hear things differently by hello my name is @ Today at 05:23 PM

Just want to add to this topic for the OP's question. Aural awareness is an interesting thing. I don't think it's a matter of not wanting to, often they really don't hear it. One of my students kept holding out a quarter note and making it a half
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ensemble playing? by Greener @ Today at 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By bennevis On the other hand, in a jazz ensemble, it's not an ensemble of equals - the drummer and bass player defer to the pianist (and saxophonist and trumpet player, if present), so how much 'accommodating' does the pianist have
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Relaxing soothing piano by Mrs Ninjadorg @ Today at 05:06 PM

This is my newest composition The Echo. Thank you. [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/HOvFs7xMu8g[/video]
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Help Identifying a Piece by Batuhan @ Today at 04:57 PM

It's just improvisation
Jump to new posts Re: Best System for Pianoteq by mbpress01 @ Today at 04:55 PM

Thank you very much Rodney for your helpful and thoughtful comments. I am a total newbie on DPs and now have a way forward on the setup. I will do exactly as indicated and again thanks for the advice.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Beginner! by hello my name is @ Today at 04:17 PM

In the beginning, you'll need to count to learn how to play what you see on the page. Over time it'll be internalized, kind of like dancing.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2017 Thread by Norbert @ Today at 04:17 PM

I guess a big subject this year won't be pianos but Trump. As was on the recent Chicago Auto show. Norbert
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Inability to adapt to heavy keys? by phantomFive @ Today at 04:08 PM

It could be helpful if you try to not lift your fingers so high after you finish playing a note.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Taking another listen to Yuja Wang by phantomFive @ Today at 04:06 PM

Another aspect I like about Yuja is that her hand size is small, close to my own hand size. As a result, every time I watch her play, I learn something about technique; how to improve my own playing. I admire Horowitz, Rubinstein, and Hamelin, but th
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Greatest recital openers? by XenondiFluoride @ Today at 03:52 PM

well I was serious about the Grosses Konzert solo it really opens up the mind to some great Liszt.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to automatically sharp or flat in the key by theo1000 @ Today at 03:28 PM

Long time lurker but decided to make this my first post…. .. . I didn’t see this explicitly brought up so thought I’d share what I have learned This may not necessarily apply to the OP but this is Adult beginners so here goes… ..apologize i
Jump to new posts Re: Best digital piano for classical pianist by hag01 @ Today at 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaThere was a thread where the neighbour complained of the noise even though the person playing their DP was using headphones. The neighbour could hear the keys thumping, either through the air or through the building
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Royal Academy of Music Museum. London, UK. by PhilipInChina @ Today at 02:52 PM

Pity it is such a poorly produced video. It made me quite giddy to watch it! It really would be worth redoing. Very interesting stuff.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How To Get More People Interested In Playing Piano? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 02:46 PM

Very commendable.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano lessons over skype, any teachers here? by SukiPianoAcademy @ Today at 02:43 PM

I'm classical pianist and piano professor in Budapest/Hungary. I have students from beginner to professional level, but I teach via Skype or with video exchange mainly from advanced level. Please visit my page: www.sukipianoacademy.com
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: 6ths, 9ths, Rootless chords by Rob Mullins @ Today at 02:28 PM

Hi John. As a longtime jazz player, I break it down into chords with the 3rd on the bottom and chords with the 6 or 7 on the bottom. In my system, if you want to play a C major 6/9, start on the E below middle C and play left to right E G A D. Th
Originally Posted By Ottawa58Actually, my experience is the opposite, as is many pianists that swear by packages like Ivory. Because the samples are better, and usually more reactive (more settings for resonance, pedal noise, Una Corda, etc) I find I
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By AlmavivaOriginally Posted By DelOriginally Posted By ChromeI used this as a guide for determing room dimension to piano size. http://www.pianobuyer.com/PDFarchive/PB_PianoRoom.pdf Don't put too much faith in that guide. ddf
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sound comes out of speakers even w headphones plugged in
by Goldie123
01/18/17 07:19 PM
Roland RD-2000
by brooster
01/18/17 06:55 PM
Roland RD-900...? :)
by polo1
01/18/17 05:40 PM
Physis Piano H1 Unboxing Video & 1st Impressions
by Markarian
01/18/17 05:07 PM
Help Identifying a Piece
by alexii
01/18/17 04:22 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,284 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,846 Topics
2,589,695 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission