Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
129 registered (36251, ando, accordeur, Almaviva, Alexander Borro, angga888, 29 invisible), 1397 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
I see. It seems the stretch is just a bit too much for your hands. I think you will need to practice the fast arpeggiation technique a mentioned above. If the pedal is down when you do it, you shouldn't notice it. Basically, start with your thumb o
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs acoustic, $400 budget by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 09:37 AM

I don't know if something similar is running in Canada. But maybe you can search in nearby US states. pianoadoption.com Worth a look. If you have space and are free of neighbors in ear shot you might get lucky. If that's not the case, then ye
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano above the garage door by Jeff Clef @ Today at 09:35 AM

At least your downstairs neighbors won't complain about the piano.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By indigo_daveIf I were teaching "Come Together" to someone I'd first get them familiar with playing open 4ths and 5ths on (I guess) a dorian scale. Improvising freely to get familiar with moving around from one to another
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: a newly unveiled Paderewski monument in Poland by fizikisto @ Today at 09:28 AM

Michael That's very cool! Thanks for the head up. In honor of the occasion, here's the man himself playing his famous Minuet in G
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a short showpiece for an encore by Batuhan @ Today at 09:19 AM

liszt gnomenreigen or moszkowski f major etude maybe chopin waltz op 34 no 3
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by malkin @ Today at 09:13 AM

JimF, sorry about your mom.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Using VPC-1 with Pianoteq? by newbert @ Today at 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By MacMacMacThat 15% discount could be applied any day.Originally Posted By rnapleBTW: That 15% off is only good this weekend. ... well... until the next holiday weekend.You just have to ask. Whoa! That's really good to know. Th
Jump to new posts Re: Some great Keith Jarrett by Mark Polishook @ Today at 08:08 AM

Here's Keith Jarrett playing Secret Love with Art Blakey and the Messengers From the same album (Buttercorn Lady) Chuck Mangone, I think, is the trumpet player.
Jump to new posts Re: Lyle Mays Master Class at Mezzrow 3/30 4-6 PM by indigo_dave @ Today at 07:44 AM

Your website says the "bread" is $20 and there's a 27 drink minimum. Did you perhaps mean a 37 drink minimum ?
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Liszt's Piano Concerto #1 in Eb by LaReginadellaNotte @ Today at 07:32 AM

I recently gave my first performance of Liszt's Piano Concerto #1 in Eb at an undergraduate recital. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk5h6k6kbb4knkz/IMG_0261.mp3?dl=0 https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/IMG_0261....L6xbmNFtwn9OARw One of the links should work
Adult Beginners Forum
Good idea, Smurfette! I'll try it myself that way too.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P105 or P45? by Cue Zephyr @ Today at 06:30 AM

The F-20 is a great board. I played it in the store that also had the nee P-115 and the key action on the F-20 seemed a little more natural. The sounds are good also.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kate Hull Bundy: Diaries of a Young Pianist, 1891-1898 by Michael Sayers @ Today at 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By Daffodil123It does look interesting. Next up for the granddaughter: condense the diaries into one readable story using excerpts. I'd like to flip through the diaries, but who is going to read all 29?? Maybe there is a periodica
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By leelAt last! My hands are HT! I really thought it was never going to happen--I'm not playing fast, but it is together and I'm thrilled beyond words. Congratulations Wonderful feeling, isn't it? Keep going, there will be m
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Campanella12It is great to see passion about highest quality pianos run this strong. However, experience has shown that it takes a very good piano in combination with strong distribution and marketing to succeed. How did Faz
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time the hammer makes contact with the string/s by Michael Sayers @ Today at 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By CinnamonbearAh-ha. A recording. I suspect that the pianist who gave these examples *could* clearly hear the difference at the keyboard and in the room. Unfortunately for us, we stand hardly a chance to hear the "clear"
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by armani @ Today at 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By lophiomysHello IMOL, Don't know what to explain more. The key clicking got more and more audible over time. Maybe some videos would help? YT: MP7 Edwin Key Clicking D4 short YT: Kawai MP7 Edwin RH2 KeyClicking C2 C3 The
Originally Posted By BrometeoDon't you hear overhelming growing resonance with frequency mix that hides original frequency? I have played this again today and I hear nothing I think I should not hear. Then again, I know for a fact that my ears are n
Jump to new posts Re: What to check for when buying a used DP? by Hendrik42 @ Today at 05:02 AM

Yes, check the keys while it is turned off to check for funny noise or funny feel. Check if the pedal is fine. Not only with foot, but also by hand. If the volume control is a turn-knob or slider (and not a +1/-1 digital control), check if it works
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano notes vs another instrument by keystring @ Today at 04:59 AM

I think I explained myself clearly the first time around, and trust that it will be helpful for whoever needs it.
Jump to new posts Re: How long to wear out a DP ? by Hendrik42 @ Today at 04:57 AM

I think the maintenance level (things like cleaning, action lube touch up) and the usage level (single player, family, school) are the most important variables. Then comes environment (Dusty? Extreme temperature? Humidity?) and other things. Of cou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song from my youth by prody @ Today at 04:48 AM

Nope, I don't sing professionally. Thanks for everybody who helped out. Special thanks to bennevis and ando! Just found the sheet music, it looks more difficult than what I've seen so far.
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PX-150 recording by T E Bekken @ Today at 04:03 AM

Thanks, folks...yes, I like the instrument a lot. Much better than I expected from a stage piano at that price. Recommended.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for bridle straps? by David Boyce @ Today at 03:47 AM

Yessir!
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Key Sensitivity/Dynamics
by Mace
32 seconds ago
Looking to buy a small amp.
by Finfan
16 minutes 26 seconds ago
How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)?
by S.H.Lee
Today at 10:20 AM
Yamaha P105 or P45?
by FormulaGoat
Today at 02:00 AM
piano above the garage door
by yulinxp
Today at 01:18 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,396 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,299 Topics
2,409,876 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission