Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
167 registered (Albunea, aesop, ajames, 36251, Adam Malone, 39 invisible), 1683 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
post deleted.
Pianist Corner
I use 2-1-2-1-2-3-1-2-3-5-3-2-3-2-1-3-2-1. Almost everything's directly under your fingers (except the hi&lo F sharps). The only tricky part is the 2nd finger cross-over and back to the F sharp; that takes some practice.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New piano hunt - daunted! (UK) by joe80 @ Today at 04:31 PM

Then have a look at the Kawai K.800, or one of the German pianos. Petrof are priced about the same as Yamaha, and there is this nice German make called WIlh. Steinberg, which is a beautiful hand made German piano - although they do I think have som
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many is too many instruments? by Polyphonist @ Today at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By MRCOriginally Posted By PolyphonistOriginally Posted By MRCOriginally Posted By Polyphonist2 is too many instruments. The less instruments you play, the better you will be at each of the instruments. Nonsense. Playing more t
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Any word on the MP12 by Kawai? by emenelton @ Today at 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By Jay Roland We sold upgrade boards for years. (SR-JV Series, SRX series, ARX Series even TDW-1 Expansions for V-Drums) Customers appreciated them. But I always enjoyed selling a Fantom X, TD-10 Kit, RD Piano, or XV module/piano A
Pianist Corner
As had been said above, basically it is a memory thing and quick learning capability. Idil Biret, recorded all Chopin, all Brahms, all Rachmaninoff. Plus lots of other repertoire. http://www.idilbiret.eu/en/?cat=9
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to get over 40,000,000 clicks on YouTube... by krikorik @ Today at 04:10 PM

THere are many examples of extended piano sounds. I like this one https://youtu.be/SWDahZK7pMw
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 Audio Differences **Solved** by lolatu @ Today at 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By GA MP6Thanks to all for the suggestions and a big thanks (again!) to Alan from Kawai. The issue was not related to gain staging, output type, circuitry, interface, or cabling. The issue was phase cancellation. The UA Console mon
Jump to new posts Re: Transposing in Home Concert Xtreme or Synthesia by TheodorN @ Today at 04:04 PM

I have the desktop version of Synthesia, that is, the learning pack. It certainly can show the MIDI files, most of which I make myself, in the key and time signatures they were made in. Sometimes, it doesn't, when I open a downloaded MIDI. I don't kn
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By JytteToday I decided to try to 'guage objectively' what I'm working on at the moment. I practice like crazy, and I watch my videos, but I hear 'how I'm playing', nuances, faults that needs correcting, details needs worked on and
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By OdinThePianoGodThanks Charles. I have updated the question. I was not looking for comparison on the silent piano features (U1SH vs K-300 ATX). I was looking for a comparison on the transducer_connected_to_soundboard feature. -A
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By MatiI do, quite honestly. I really hoped she would go through. Okay. I listened to her session once more. This time only to the audio (so that I could disregard the theatrics). Her Nocturne, Mazurka and to some extent Scherzo,
Adult Beginners Forum
Yeey! Chiapanecas is almost done. (And although it won't become a favorite I don't mind playing it anymore, nothing like Little Brown Ugh, that I hate with passion!) Sometimes I manage to play it well, including all the accents and fortes, but now an
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Valentina Lisitsa--web site by Entheo @ Today at 03:25 PM

looks like they fixed the CSS3 problem. doesn't she have an official relationship with bosendorfer? used to enjoy listening to glass's soundtrack to powaqqatsi, on saturday mornings for some reason. philip glass jokes (e.g. knock knock) are a hoot a
Originally Posted By anotherscottOriginally Posted By Dewdman42I don't want to hear about all the heavier Graded action keyboards that other people think are closer to a real acoustic piano feel. I want to find something that zeros in exactly to wha
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: QRS software by hmlevine @ Today at 02:56 PM

Just wondering if you are just using QRS music files from QRS. The reason I'am asking is when I had the pianomation ll upgrade installed I had the name of someone that sells music files that worked with Pianomation ll.He would send me the files and I
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upright and grand ratio by Beemer @ Today at 02:28 PM

Thanks, Ian
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bass String Replacement by BDB @ Today at 02:18 PM

I think you should go back and measure. Sometimes you just have to admit you made a mistake and pay the consequences. Incidentally, my tool for making German loops works just as well no matter how many times you loop around the hitch pin: Loo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Bravi, Nikolas and Heather both! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recording.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By FarmGirlThank you for posting this. It's really odd that there are no Japanese guys (only women) in the prem winner list. Wonder what happened to them. You are welcome. There were only 3 Japanese guys among 25 total Japanes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fazioli Piano I wish to buy by R_B @ Today at 01:28 PM

So, as I read the question it is: What is 12 years of "in store" depreciation ? {In this case "in store" seems to mean that it has been out for trials, demos, performances, whatever_all_else.} Greater, less than or equal to 40%
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude 25-5 unique opening melody by BruceD @ Today at 01:26 PM

The "più lento" section of this Etude is one of my favourite moments in all of Chopin's writing. Regards,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by casinitaly @ Today at 01:06 PM

I need to be excused for today. Miserable head cold and fever.
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By TimR This was her debut, but it turned out she's been attending symphony concerts for some time, and has been directing them from her seat. The orchestra members had noticed and decided to feature he
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: playing by ear by RaggedKeyPresser @ Today at 11:51 AM

A great link. Thanks!
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2015 Seiler ED 186
by Raamo
04/27/15 05:26 PM
Buy a new grand piano...showroom or factory?
by marshill88
04/27/15 05:17 PM
For the mods: restrict write access to the piano forum FAQ
by wimpiano
04/27/15 02:28 PM
Preferred chords for 12 bar blues, etc.
by Maarkr
04/27/15 02:22 PM
Baroque
by iamanders
04/27/15 02:19 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,059 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,591 Topics
2,400,399 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission