Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bone chilling ending to pieces by bkw58 @ Today at 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: beet31425 ... the ending of the first movement of Mahler's 2nd... With respect to non-piano works, the overwhelming finale to Mahler's 2nd gets my vote also.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by griffin2417 @ Today at 08:51 AM

Indeed, this joint is jumpin! It's so good to see all of these great music offerings. KeysAngler, how can you go wrong with the combination of Oscar Peterson and Count Basie? Here's my offering for today. The mellow sounds of Herbie Hancock. E
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts helpers wanted, interactive PC piano teaching game by russellambrose @ Today at 08:40 AM

I am writing a game to teach kids piano skills. they play the game and learn as the earn coins. I would like to find piano teachers who are interested in structuring the game so that the pupil is kept eager and satisfied.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is most common size wire to break? by rxd @ Today at 08:33 AM

......and, with the permission of the OP.... Has anybody some experience of using the more modern wire as replacement and does it hold up better? Is there a tonal difference that cannot be countered by judicious voicing?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Today at 08:18 AM

Best wishes! Hope you feel better real soon and get back in there....
Originally Posted By: kennyzRyan, here's the gadget I was talking about. I only use the metal side on hammers that are very heavily and deeply grooved. It makes short work of getting the tough shape started, the I switch back to regular sanding stic
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq vs Digital Piano vs Acoustic Piano by peterws @ Today at 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Charles CohenI was playing tonight, and thought about the "Pianoteq has weak bass" problem: . . . Pianoteq (even the "Stage" version) has a built-in graphic equalizer! If you want more bass, just draw your
Pianist Corner
My thought is that he was only 20 years old when he wrote it and op. 2 is an early opus number, so maybe that concerto isn't representative of his best efforts. I remember a waltz for two pianos by him (from a suite) that was once pretty popular. A
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts 4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast? by Pover @ Today at 07:24 AM

I know this question has been asked a lot but the diversity of answers always confuses me. I started learning Fantasie-impropmtu a while ago (I know... stop telling me it's over-played and what not). Honestly, I think it's a great piece, very pianis
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Are Piano Lessons Usually by barbaram @ Today at 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: wimpianoMy teacher is older and hasn't raised his rate since he started over 30 years ago. Amazing!!!!
I understand that you connect USB MIDI to distant PC over wireless, but I dont understand how you get the audio back to your DP/headphones. Nevertheless, I have never seen wifi with quite low latency, or more precisly, with low jitter in latency. I h
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by chrisbell @ Today at 05:11 AM

Great discussion about books! I know that feeling - got to stop ordering books This weeks Jam of the Week; Work Song:
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by trigalg693 @ Today at 03:54 AM

One of my favorite pieces, still listening to it but you should get a better recording setup. A pair of Naiant omnis and a cheap interface or a portable/handheld recorder to plug into, something like that, and isn't too much more to carry around vs.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a record by my Sauter grand, model alpha by aesop @ Today at 02:54 AM

Welcome~~
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: roninproMy primary reason for quitting was due to learning only the notes of a piece way too slowly, leaving me burned out before finishing; I couldn't finish anything toward the end. While music comes easily to some, it doesn'
Adult Beginners Forum
I play a version of "old joe clark" on the fiddle, nothing like that. Thanks for sharing, love the boogie
Originally Posted By: PaintedPostDaveI have just posted a YouTube video that deals with the response of a struck flexible and a stiff string. The emphasis is on the force generated at the bridge and how that leads to inharmonicity for the stiff strin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In search of my piano name Brand by Leoni @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Hello, Please click on the link below to view a picture of my piano.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Leoni's piano no brand name by Leoni @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Leoni's piano no brand name
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to Elena Gilels? by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

Good work, Cefinow, and thanks. I had searched a bit and came up empty.
Jump to new posts Headphone impedance for DP90se by lunobili @ Yesterday at 10:29 PM

Hi, a few months ago I asked the Roland Support desk about what was the correct impedance for a pair of headphones to use on a Roland DP90se. I now received a reply. I am not sure I fully understand the answer, but anyway I am reporting it here in c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kreisleriana by Iori Fujita @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Can I read your thesis? It seems very interesting.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22 by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

That's a very nice piano, you'll enjoy it for a long time to come.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Spontaneous vs. non spontaneous performing by Derulux @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: outoOriginally Posted By: Derulux But to analyze Rachmaninoff, the man was also a composer. And one that changed things in his music, including a fairly often-argued cadenza choice in the 1st mvt of the 3rd concerto. . I wo
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Kawai RX-6 after cleaning! by That Tooner @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

:D
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Musescore playing my dp ?
by Pollux
Today at 10:58 AM
helpers wanted, interactive PC piano teaching game
by russellambrose
Today at 08:40 AM
4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast?
by Pover
Today at 07:24 AM
Cable Nelson Upright
by Paul678
Today at 07:12 AM
Studio monitors for a digital piano
by diegopefm
Today at 05:18 AM
Who's Online
135 registered (Al LaPorte, accordeur, acollins, ajames, aesop, Abby Pianoman, 41 invisible), 1436 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76251 Members
42 Forums
157623 Topics
2315225 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission