Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (AndrewJCW, BachToTheFuture, augustm, agraffe, 21 invisible), 915 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Father/Daughter moving up to Grand - Suggestions? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By NorbertWelcome for coffee but I don't sell against U.S. dealers - why should I? Norbert, I thought you said you were retired? Just kidding. (No I'm not... ) How's the Piano Blues CD doing? I figured that would be your ticket
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT, Tell us about yourself by June Elizabeth @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

I'm June from New Hampshire, and I am 55 years old, and I played briefly as a 7 year old, (I think I finished "Little fingers" and that's about it) and although I learned other instruments in high school (clarinet and saxophone), my musical
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts 57 compositions combined into one piece by Cassia @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

I found this rather delightful and thought the forum might enjoy it as well. http://www.slate.com/articles/video/vide...shup_video.html
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by June Elizabeth @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By casinitaly While we're happy you introduced yourself here -you may want to copy your post into the "Tell us about yourself" thread, more people will catch it if you post there. Here is the link: http://www.pianoworl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The faster chromatic scale fingering by phantomFive @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By kenAs crazy as it sounds, and as the composer suggests, the fingering that I found work best was 4-3-2-1 4-3-2-1 4-3-2-1... descending, and 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 ascending. In either case, the thumb lands on C, E and G#. I'm no
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Grammar Nazis and Music by Inkwolf @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By Panolof How should I coherent it up? 😅 If one more grammar comment can be tolerated, I enjoyed the playful misconstruction of that sentence, and would have thought musicians would be more tolerant of improvisation. XD
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: RD 800 : Weird high frequency sound on key D5 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

For what it's worth, I also don't hear anything wrong with that note. Kind regards, James x
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ode to the Lark by DreamOfSleeping @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

This is really great. I see you've posted the score so I think I'll have a go at learning it.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Debussy - La danse de puck (preludes book 1) - WIP by JackMusic @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I have always had a more serious or perfunctory playing style, which is partly why I decided to learn some Debussy, to develop. My friend who is an excellent pianist gave me a lesson a while ago and said the same thing. Belie
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeats? by argerichfan @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottJason, what do you think about the devel-recap repeat in Op.2/2/I? Just curious -- that's one repeat I personally am ok with skipping in Beethoven... Ah yes, Heather, that one! I'll look the other way, it's sort of th
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Does this make musical sense or do notes clash? by DreamOfSleeping @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still not sure. It sounds different to me every time I listen to it. But maybe that's it's charm. Oh and I checked out your channel, and enjoyed your creep cover. Very funny and clever.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP30 out of tune? by Pablo9364 @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

I read that review and to be honest lots of writing about the pianos being out of tune. My first thought was that it was misleading and for the most part utter rubbish. Ok everyone has their own personal preferences and hears things slightly differen
Jump to new posts Re: New Roland HP/LX Series Firmware by Jim10538 @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

Hi Jay, Many thanks for all your help. Ver. 1.09 all loaded up and working perfectly with Piano Partner 2. I'm lovin' my new Roland! Best regards, Jim
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this Craigslist Ad real? Shigeru Kawai by sfhombre @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

This is like a telenovela...
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Elton John's run by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By FarmerjonesWas that in Bb keywise? It's a rambling all-over-the-place intro so I wouldn't have thought it fits a particular key. Is the song in Bb? I didn't wait around to check. The lick in question looks like Am blues-ish.
Jump to new posts Re: Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue by BruceD @ Yesterday at 06:15 PM

The recording suffers slightly from a rather distant sound and a wind ensemble that wasn't always in tune nor always together, but, all told, I enjoyed this performance. It wasn't always easy to extricate the piano parts from the tutti when the ful
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Duane Shinn 52 Week Crash Course by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

Stopparde, Yes, I find that most of the lessons take me 2-3 weeks to get through, and I was not a beginner at all. I can imagine a complete beginner could take even longer (especially when you get to some of the later lessons -- around lesson
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: WOW!!! "Chord Play", by Forrest Kinney! by Oasismfg @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By TunelessTo simplify the learning process, I have removed all the sus, 6ths, 7ths, 9th etc, and kept all the minors, diminished, augmented notation. The songs for the most part sound wonderful, and where they don't sound right, o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: question on piano teachers by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

also, learning a piece in full to the point of being able to play it through is only the beginning of really learning to play it well. It's pretty normal for advanced students to prepare (or to be expected to prepare!) in the way DameMyra describes.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano in Los Angeles Yamaha C3? by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegree A 1980s Korean piano (the Weber) was sort of their low-priced entry-level attempt at penetrating the US market. A 7-footer is something of an albatross; I don't know how many even made it over here. These pianos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts I'm unable to find this particular song by okmmjyygv @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

I don't know if this is the right forum for this thread but I have been searching for this song way too long. Link to the song The sound quality is a little low, sorry about that. If you know the title of this song, I would be really glad. Than
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: "Theme with variations" recital - information and status by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

I'd love to do the Leyenda from Suite Espanola Are Navarette and Nazareth the same composer of tangos?
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms Op. 118 6 Piano Pieces by JackMusic @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

Wonderful playing, inspiring me to investigate Brahms, who I have not played or really listened to since I was a first study clarinettist as a teenager. Thank you
Jump to new posts Re: SennHeiser HD800 on sale for $999 by oldmancoyote @ Yesterday at 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTUnlike toys, serious musical instruments keep their value, so they can be bought and sold without losing money.Really? Where? I have yet to see the instrument that can be resold for what it has been bought for after use, once
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

Yup, I remember that I think it's tricky because it's all of a sudden 3,1,3 in the left hand, instead of 5,3,1. So my teacher would tell me to start with those 4 measures first, do it again, then start from the beginning. Or more precisely, play fro
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sticker bushings
by mellowmeyer
30 minutes 52 seconds ago
Mozart Study "Adagio" in C Major Piano
by piano_primo_1
41 minutes 46 seconds ago
Julius Reubke's Piano Sonata
by Nemaara
Today at 12:15 AM
Do you know the op number of the piece?
by FarmGirl
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Voicing
by ebonykawai
Yesterday at 09:04 PM
Forum Stats
83,842 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,058 Topics
2,529,687 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission