Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Opinions by Rich Galassini @ Today at 09:44 AM

The BB can be a great instrument, but as others have stated, the execution on the 1960's Masons were not the best. They are not stellar examples of the instrument. Have it checked out by a technician and expect to put some $$ into the piano. My 2
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What is most common size wire to break? by Olek @ Today at 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: rxd......and, with the permission of the OP.... Has anybody some experience of using the more modern wire as replacement and does it hold up better? Is there a tonal difference that cannot be countered by judicious voicing?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transcribe tune by pianomise @ Today at 08:39 AM

A reader here took at a look at the score and listened to the piece, and suggested some changes. So, I think this is all taken care of. I appreciate the help. Mac
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz Study Group 2: Advanced Players by Riddler @ Today at 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: indigo_dave... I just recorded some efforts at InMySolitude. I'm trying to develop a Ellingtonish/Strayhornish descending arpeggio thingy. ... Hi Dave, Nice playing! Do you have any tips/advice/sources re playing Ellingtonis
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Practice Technique - Only Slow? by Kojak @ Today at 07:51 AM

Joe, I just read your article -- thanks for sharing! I'm an amateur, and I'd like to learn more about this, specially what you mean when you say "hand positions" and "efficiency". Do you have any advice or links you can recommen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by aTallGuyNH @ Today at 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By: rnapleOriginally Posted By: CarlosCCI accepted, so wish me luck. Good luck, Carlos. Break a leg, and all that good showbiz talk. The biggest thing that you do to inspire us is: You've managed to keep playing from deep down
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Trinity ATCL exam questions by slava_richter @ Today at 07:18 AM

Bruce, thanks for your advice. I was also worried about too many minor key works. I think I will keep only the G-minor P&F which I've made good progress on and play some other things instead. I'm short-listing Liszt's Sonetto 123, Ravel's Pavane,
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By: dire tonicBut I wouldn't confuse this with natural 'independence'. It's more of a practiced thing.then what would be an example of natural independence?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How Much Are Piano Lessons Usually by Purkoy @ Today at 05:17 AM

I pay the equivalent of about US$50 for a 60 minute lesson weekly. She's very flexible if I have to miss a slot (which is rare), and provided I give her a couple of days' notice, will fit me in at some other time that week.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Incredibly short fugue by larryz @ Today at 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist Instead, study counterpoint and write species exercises, then graduate to inventions This is interesting. While Fux does take you from species into fuga form (which could perhaps be seen as more complicated than bac
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 Order Cancelled by slipperykeys @ Today at 04:56 AM

When I bought my first electric piano (yes, that's what I called it then and still do now) it was a Roland RD300s. I could not try one, there were never any available for demonstration, they sold out too quickly. I ordered it in mid January 1990, 50
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt: Sonata in B minor, S. 178 by Nikolas @ Today at 02:55 AM

Wait... Shorts ok... But no hair coming out of the chest? It's the summer! Oh well... here goes my hopes! This will be a three way post. Started off being funny, I'll move on to a serious note and then to some judgemental part for this forum. __
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bone chilling ending to pieces by mp15 @ Today at 02:50 AM

Rachmaninoff's B minor Prelude. It's a different sort of chill, but the last part of The Art of Fugue gets to me as well.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rzewski Improvisation by Ted @ Today at 01:16 AM

Very enjoyable. I had no idea you improvised at all, and I look forward to hearing more, possibly entirely your own material next time ?
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Gypsy Jazz? by Elssa @ Today at 01:00 AM

I see some great Latin songs like Tico-Tico and Brazil are also listed in this book:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin BB fair price by lotsofquestions @ Today at 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Piano_BrazilDear lots, Reviewing your post, I became very curious about how is being your experience with your BB over the last 2 years. Me too own a similar instrument in Brazil, and am delighted with it! Just uploaded a short
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Thread about piano injuries! by outo @ Today at 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: phantomFive Well, if I had carpal tunnel and overcame it, I would feel very, very happy; not everyone does that, so congrats are in order! I think I had kind of forgotten about how stressing it was But I see what you mean, I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Genes may be key to great musicians by phantomFive @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: wrOriginally Posted By: StefoI don't believe in talent. I mean, of course, in some areas, like sports, there are people more skilled than others because of their genetic heritage. But we are talking about brain. And our brain, A
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Official: Fryderyk Chopin died of TB! by phantomFive @ Today at 12:01 AM

Chopin died of a broken heart. Never recovered.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help buying digital piano for my son by yeahyeah @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

IMHO, it would be Casio PXA100 / PX150 vs Kawai ES100 for an 8-year old, assuming your son is beginner level. I will just save money in the future for high end models because by that time technology is better and I would let my son decide what he wa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Piano Pro - Hot Tips and Mini Lessons by blues flat 7 @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Thank you Pete! I am really glad they got you interested in bringing the thread back. A lot of new people that have joined Piano World will get to see how helpful you are. Glad you are back! Dale
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refusing "Every Other" week lesson by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: malkinCouldn't someone also reserve the time by paying for it every week and showing up for it every other week or whenever they felt like it? This is actually close to what I do. My main difference: they have to let me know
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What books do you use for teaching beginners? by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Piano Town is one of my favorites, and a go-to method book for me. I typically use the Lessons book, the technique book, and the performance book. Usually the Theory for Prep level and Maybe 1 only. Piano Town tends to move fairly fast, I agree.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: need help with deciding between digital and acoustic by Jonathan Baker @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

I practice on my grand piano during the day, and if I have time/energy left I practice on a digital at night. The obvious reason is that I do not want to bother the neighbors who are gone all day long, but home at night. I always prefer an acoustic
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: No more free consultation? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

I ask and answer a lot of questions over phone or email before the student ever shows up. If possible I also have the student and parent observe a lesson with a similar age student. So there's no real need for an interview after that, the student eit
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Are injuries the result of bad technique or over practicing?
by rov
09/20/14 05:44 PM
Learning M/m Key Areas in minutes: know the patterns!
by A443
09/20/14 05:32 PM
RECORDING ON ELECTRONIC KEYBOARDS vs. REAL PIANOS
by woolmusic
09/20/14 04:49 PM
Pianoteq 5 - no sustain
by David Farley
09/20/14 04:32 PM
Real piano makes star happy, Agree? Disagree?
by Sand Tiger
09/20/14 03:09 PM
Who's Online
126 registered (aesop, accordeur, 36251, 42 invisible), 1154 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76260 Members
42 Forums
157650 Topics
2315636 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission