Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (AndrewJCW, BachToTheFuture, augustm, agraffe, 21 invisible), 915 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
As you mentioned in your first post, this is certainly not up to tempo, nor is your tempo consistent throughout. You are getting most of the notes right, but this has a long way to go as far as phrasing and dynamics are concerned. It's coming acros
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Samick and Saturn by BruceD @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By Cafman1979[...]one dealer had a Kawai for the same price last week but they seem to be selling fast so I'm feeling the pressure not to miss out.[...] Never succumb to pressure when shopping for a piano. If you don't play well
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: 500$ to spend - need help with choosing digital piano by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

The P45 keyboard is a light one compared to the 161 (not tested, read in the Yamaha FAQ). I think I would prefer the 161. (My piano has the keyboard of the 161 and I like it). I have disliked the PX160 keyboard : I have found it too light. Perhaps a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, chords and arpeggios by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By bSharp[Cyclist]If you do start scales, start with B Major, not C +1. B is easy on the fingers, though a bit harder to deal with the notation because it has five sharps. C is the other way, hard on the fingers, easy on the br
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions About Replacing Piano by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By newbert It's also not holding a tuning as well as it should. That sounds like a candidate for a cyanoacrylate treatment. You might get another 5-10 years out of it that way.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Lark" by Larry G. Alexander @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about. I wrote "Lark" several years ago. I don't steal titles, music or anything else. Larry Alexander
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: Re-built Steinway Model B by DiarmuidD @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Ed I'm away from home at the moment but I'll let you know when I get back.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Chopin Vs Liszt? by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Alkan!!! Kidding, kidding... Chopin for me, as well. Many of the reasons already listed above also apply for me. It actually took a little while longer for Liszt to fully grow onto me.
Jump to new posts Re: Suzuki CTP-88 classroom teaching piano by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

On the specification page of the Suzuku, I read: Quote:Play Along Songs Choose from 55 preset songs for instant playing with the included songbook. The feature seems limited to be limited to the preset songs. I get the manual, but it is not clear
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Debussy vs Rachmaninoff by Plowboy @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

I like Rachmaninoff more now that I've started listening to Moiseiwitsch.
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Clavinova Troubles by StartwithBach @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

Thanks, MacMacMac. I'm going to see how long I can go without needing to get this fixed. I dread putting $200 into a $4000 DP that is nearly 8 years old. Fortunately, the pulse sensation is only really apparent to me with Chopin's first etude- the on
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Soft pedal problem after tuning. by rXd @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

In any standard grand setup, the hammers would be hitting a string of the next unison well before the keys start to lift two dampers. That really would be noticed, especially if it really were over adjusted to lift two dampers. Even a DIYer could har
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano with a built in screen by Rickster @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDOn the one hand, I don't readily embrace change, either. On the other, however, these changes in technology are challenges that help prolong the life of the few remaining grey cells I may still have by keeping them active!
Originally Posted By AndrewJCWOriginally Posted By euphoria@login, totally agree. I don't see a reason why not to open this market for trading. most of the software and almost every game can be resale, I really don't understand what's the developers
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thank you for taking your time to write your post. In the meantime he already had a performance he was practising for. Just for the reference, here is the video taken a week after the above rehearsal. This time he did slow it down at the end a litt
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where to get cabinet spare parts for Petrof? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By swampwizI've decided to not sell it. Dealers want too much of a cut for me to get cash out, although perhaps I could still sell it on my own, but even then, I was not all that impressed with even the biggest of the uprights. I'
Jump to new posts Re: New Series of HP and LX Pianos from Roland by Jake Jackson @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

I'm looking forward to the rack module that has these pianos. In a year? Two years? Like many other people, I simply have too many keyboards that I don't want to sell or put away--my GEM RP2 or my Moxf7 or my Halo with the old Perfect Piano samples.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition by hoohah2 @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

I've only caught up with the competition via recorded streams. Simply wow! The jury seemed to have done a fine job with the results. No complaints. The performance that sealed the deal for Lukas Vondracek - truly spectacular.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by Ralph @ Yesterday at 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By Tim Adrianson Many thanks for sharing this; I hope a great many PW members have gone to school regarding this masterpiece! I know I have. This has been a truly great thread. I loved the playing and have learned a lot about a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Poll: Faune vs La mer by Carey @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By SiFiOriginally Posted By Mark_CDid you not know that the expression is figurative? You sure it was being used figuratively in this case? Even if I say the name "Samuel Taylor Coleridge"? But oh! that deep romantic cha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 42 --- General Discussion Room by chopinoholic @ Yesterday at 10:42 AM

more.. 18. Medden (Simon) - Nuvole Bianche Truly played in the Einaudi way. A very dreamy performance with good use of dynamics. The hangover worked! 19. Brian Moore - Handel, Sarabande in D minor Beautiful Sarabande. Your trills are very nice. It
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My second sonata kv310. Suggestion on improvemts.!! by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

To help with sound control of left hand, play the right and only shadow with the left. Shadowing is playing the notes but making no sound and hear it in your head. I e started doing this, per Graham Fitch video, and it does make a difference whe you
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: EUROPEAN PIANO PARTY 2016 - MILAN ITALY - 2 JULY by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 08:23 AM

Diana, that 's really great. Playing from a grand is a totally different experience so this trial run will really help you with playing at the party. If you get a chance to do it again I would. Heck you could even go into a music shop and try out
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

You have some nice "oldies" there, Wisebuff.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai vertical with extremely heavy action by Ed Sutton @ Yesterday at 07:48 AM

Charles- I hope you understand the need for diagnosis before treatment! It is sometimes disturbing to see how quickly people apply favorite treatments with little concern for first discerning the problem. In the case of Kawai pianos, there are cert
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sticker bushings
by mellowmeyer
30 minutes 52 seconds ago
Mozart Study "Adagio" in C Major Piano
by piano_primo_1
41 minutes 46 seconds ago
Julius Reubke's Piano Sonata
by Nemaara
Today at 12:15 AM
Do you know the op number of the piece?
by FarmGirl
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Voicing
by ebonykawai
Yesterday at 09:04 PM
Forum Stats
83,842 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,058 Topics
2,529,687 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission