Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
138 registered (Anita Potter, A Guy, anamnesis, AndyP, accordeur, 44 invisible), 1303 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Restringing an old piano, little help? by SMHaley @ Today at 04:05 PM

The tools alone and the additional parts that will be necessary afterward (dampers etc.) when one realizes how worn out they are, will quickly run in to what it would cost for a professional. Stringing a piano is not as easy as putting piano wire on
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by Macy @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By jefinhoPhilip_Johnston or yonatan: What do you think of the fact that repedaling is not supported? Do you mis it? Can you hear it? Does anyone know if Garritan will really update the CFX and fix the repe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano by SMHaley @ Today at 03:44 PM

Given the age and that everything is original, such a rebuild is going to be close to five digits, if not well in to the five digits.
Originally Posted By BellicapelliOriginally Posted By R_BHmmm, I kinda/sorta agree with Dewster on a lot of this. My own guitar quest has been towards "Classical" and I have to add that holding that big ole wooden resonant cavity has someth
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By Tony RomoI only practice "Hands Separately" if I am figuring out how to finger something difficult, or I am having trouble with some aspect of that phrase that needs specific attention. Otherwise, "Hands Together&
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bass strings on 52" upright? by SMHaley @ Today at 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By VivancoShould I keep the original bass strings on my US-50 Kawai upright (mid 80's)? If i change them will i get a louder and deeper bass? If so, which brand of bass strings do i ask a tech to use??? I love the bass on America
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing your musicianship by PianogrlNW @ Today at 03:27 PM

I'm now caught up and on Lesson 5. Some of the information early on is pretty basic but I like his teaching style and he pulls the information about the blues, 7th chords and pentatonic scales together in an easy to understand format. The 735 rule wa
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Snowy day and a cool video by Rich Galassini @ Today at 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersThanks for sharing that. I hope you don't mind me asking, what is the year of the Bösendorfer? Originally Posted By ClsscLibLove it. Rich, I don't know Bosies. Is that a vintage instrument? It is a new piano
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by PhJ. @ Today at 03:04 PM

While we're at it, is there any easter egg in the MP7 we should know about ? (there was 1 sine sound in may last DP, though it might have been for testing purposes)
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Beale pins by Chris Leslie @ Today at 02:52 PM

Beale pins
Pianist Corner
Thanks - no, actually nothing is changed from the score I have. I think it might be the acoustics and the bad audio quality of the clip. I do have an audio version of it, recorded from the audience and the impression is slightly different. You can he
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching, some questions. by pavanne1 @ Today at 02:10 PM

When I started I just tried to emulate the teachers I loved. Just jump in and start teaching. Check out all of the resources here there are a lot. Best of Luck Doreen Hall www.palomapiano.com
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Czerny op.740 etudes as encores by argerichfan @ Today at 02:01 PM

There's a lot of really fun note-spinning in the Op 740. I've read through it several times for the sight-reading practise and the sheer exhilaration. No masterpiece to be sure (IMO Czerny doesn't even approach Clementi in selections from 'Gradus')
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Mozart "Fantasy in d minor" (K.397) by griffin2417 @ Today at 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By zrtf90Glad you're making progress again, Carl. My M42-43, LH: 1 53 42 31, 51 32 42 32: 42 51 4 32, 42 521 521 As I mentioned in my earlier synopsis, this is about the hardest passage in the piece and worth spending time on it g
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by griffin2417 @ Today at 01:09 PM

I'd be happy to participate in such a thread If Valencia (or anyone) starts it up. It'd be nice to have a study group! One of things I appreciate about FOYD is having a chance to review where I'm at and what is next. It's easy to feel overwhel
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lamps for grand piano (pics?) by EkW @ Today at 01:02 PM

I use a Mighty Bright Orchetra LED. I am on my second one. The switch on the first got screwy so I left it on or just unplugged it. The newer one is much brighter than the old one. They can be battery powered if so desired. The battery only version i
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about some music by chopin_r_us @ Today at 12:48 PM

Ligeti? Now you're talking music!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: February Piano Bar by Alexander Borro @ Today at 12:36 PM

Very nice tubby, it does not suck at all as your sig suggest IMO, there is feeling and emotion, expression and all that, for me that is great music. In fact the one handed minimalist piano part I really enjoyed. On a side note of what your music re
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Ervin Nyiregyhazi compositions at YouTube by Michael Sayers @ Today at 12:33 PM

Hi Everyone, I have assembled a playlist of these which includes in addition to my three videos: - Nine with Stefan Abels showing his exquisite and sensitive artistry - Two with Alvaro Ordonez the Lisztian-Busonian - One with Patrick Ytting who i
Jump to new posts Re: External Sound Card by ElmerJFudd @ Today at 12:09 PM

If you are using VST instruments exclusively, meaning you are not recording audio directly from the audio outputs of your keyboard or from microphones then the UR22 is fine. With VSTs all of this happens "in the box". The UR22 will al
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic Quality of recordings by Alexander Borro @ Today at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By peterwsWhen you record, the waveform is shown in audacity as pleasant looking pine forest with trees at varying heights according to the volume you play. . . I might have to do a bit of editing to accentuate this effect a bit mor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: February 2015 PW Concert Program by BruceD @ Today at 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By PathbreakerBrahms: Three Intermezzi, Op. 117 Performed by BruceD Nicely done, Bruce! I ended up listening to this again yesterday and was able to enjoy it quite a bit more. I didn't want to comment until I could hear it again. A
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
More evidence of the value of listening to the jazz musicians one admires. I think they more than threw a record or CD on. They actively listened, with minimal distractions, and continue to do so.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you protect your fingers/hands (or not)? by griffin2417 @ Today at 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By malkinOriginally Posted By gooddog...You only need one, since the hand holding the knife is safe. Unless you are extremely klutzy! Yes, there are days like that for me. I don't think a second glove will correct that, howeve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KG 2S or older but rebuilt Knabe? by joe80 @ Today at 10:43 AM

Plus one to Swarth. I was answering the question as if it was a fait accompli that these are the only two pianos available to you.
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is this a good way to teach theory?
by PamDD
59 minutes 26 seconds ago
things to look into a new teacher
by Jvmvidela
Today at 09:14 PM
String Covers and Volume reduction
by chickenlump
Today at 08:28 PM
What piano chords are these?
by MJB97
Today at 08:09 PM
Bach English Suites by András Schiff
by pianoman9
Today at 06:38 PM
Forum Stats
78,377 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,008 Topics
2,378,937 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission