Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
160 registered (accordeur, alerique, 36251, ajames, agraffe, 40 invisible), 1814 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Funeral marches for piano by Peter071 @ Today at 05:06 AM

Gurdjieff / de Hartmann Music For Piano, volume 1 No 32 " Assyrian Women Mourners" is an Andante Funebre. (1925) Andante Funebre I like to play it. It is pubished by Schott ED 7841.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Which USB-B to MIDI DIN adapter. by Frédéric L @ Today at 05:05 AM

The audio interface could be better. You may have some noise with both USB and audio link. If you have some, you could search ground loop isolator (for the USB or the audio link, but you need not both of them).
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC2 with GF action. by JoBert @ Today at 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesRight, the keys of Kawai Arctic pianos are still woodDo you have to wear mittens to play such an arctic piano? Could make playing quite difficult, couldn't it?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by jdott @ Today at 03:40 AM

You are one of the fortunate individuals to have such a teacher. Mine was wonderful. When I was a senior in high school my parents refused to pay for any more lessons, because they said I wouldn't benefit from them in the future; I worked part-time
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to practice polrhythms by wouter79 @ Today at 03:18 AM

wr, it's like three voices, one counting 1,2 with 120 words per minute another voice counting 1,2,3 with 180 words per minute. They both actually count 2,3 and then sync on 1 by a third voice that counts 1,1,1 at 60 words per minute
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ Today at 03:17 AM

I saw two men, each in his own Marie Antoinette costume. But who knows how many people were living in those wigs. As speaking of costumes, Gaga came through with the red suit at the Super Bowl! Didn't she look smashing? That's the suit I want for Va
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progress reports? by AZNpiano @ Today at 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By chasingrainbows she just wants him to have fun. I am beginning to loathe that term. Me too! It's fun if you can do it. If you can't, it's torture. So if you want them to have fun, they have to pra
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Light: Small, inexpensive, battery-operated by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:24 AM

This will give you some ideas: Guitar Center music-stand accessories I use one of the Might Brite LED lights on my stand when performing. It works well, but it's not super-bright in normal room lighting. It would be a good supplement, though.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Really? Just a short story about a beginner by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:16 AM

Quote: I was so shocked that it did not dawn on me until that evening back home, that in my intro letter,I literally spell out what to bring, in bold font! Lots of people just don't read instructions -- any instructions. But the continued deafnes
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it possible to use Piano Maestro on Android? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:10 AM

I'm using Windows 10 to run Pianoteq, which is CPU- and audio-intensive. Once you get things worked out, latency isn't a problem. But from what I read on the Piano Maestro website ( https://www.joytunes.com ), it _does_ need an iPad to run on.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano teacher dilemma by Peter K. Mose @ Today at 01:06 AM

The 30-minutes-a-week sight-reading and aural skills teacher already knows you consider her the subordinate instructor. Just tell her you were too hasty, and now want to go back on your word, and don't want to pay her more than before for a longer le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What is the piece starting at 7:18? by BDB @ Today at 12:13 AM

Also recorded by Fritz Kreisler and Sergei Rachmaninoff!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rudolf Escher, "Arcana", a masterpiece? by Orange Soda King @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

I think it's deserving of performances on the stage. Thanks for introducing this piece to me!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sad pieces for an intermediate player by zillybug @ Yesterday at 10:33 PM

Lament from the book Lyric Pieces by Catherine Rollin is quite sad and beautiful. It is not that difficult and my one cat meows like he is in pain when I play it.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Piano in EBVT III by Ralph @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Im originally from Brazil, although many many years ago. I'm amazed at how similar country music from different countries can be. There is a similarity in rhythm and harmony. Here's a quick example that took me 30 seconds to find. I could find man
Jump to new posts Re: Summers & Son spinet piano question by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Before I read any of the comments, I looked at the picture and thought, "hmmm, 'nice older Wurlitzer. The legs gave me that impression first, then some of the typical cabinet work.
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by not a piano player @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Thanks Kawai James. I can't comment on whether the latest CS10 and CS7 were there as we went straight for the CA based on my prior research. We are going back into the store later this week so we will both ask about the CS and also about getting the
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on the Kawai VPC1, RM3 II and Grand Feel action by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

Personally, I agree.
Jump to new posts Re: My day of DP browsing by ando @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By ECPSo the discussion begins... what's it worth to you, the buying public, for the privilege to play a digital piano before you buy it? 50-100... more? It depends on how expensive the purchase is. For me, I'll spend an extra $50
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By mom3gramThis morning I completed the Faber Adult Piano Adventures Book 1. Congrats mom3gram!! Well done!!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts For 3 years I practiced my own etude by stalefleas @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

I wrote this piece not just to create beautiful music, but also to push my left hand technique. When I initially wrote this piece, I had to play it very, very slowly. To play it close to speed, it was incredibly sloppy and the left hand was way t
Jump to new posts Re: How does this piano sound? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

Unisons very out of tune. Top two octaves have a great amount of "whack" sound due to too heavy hammers. Sounds like a small baby grand. Hope this helps. You did ask for critique.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts big short marquee by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

big short marquee
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NAMM 2016 thread by Piano World @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

Many thanks to member terminaldegree for providing a great overview of the pianos and keyboards at the 2016 NAMM show. Much appreciated. Our friend and member Glen Barkman of Piano Price Point sent me this link to a virtual tour of NAMM 2016 he crea
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ledger Lines by Brinestone @ Yesterday at 06:19 PM

A few tricks I've used: Middle D, written in the bass clef, looks like a lowercase D lying on its back. I call it "lazy middle D." One of my students figured that one out. I say this rhyme: "High A, Low E look like middle C."
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Superbowl Halftime....
by JohnSprung
Today at 02:16 PM
SEEKING ADVICE FOR BEGINNER DIGITAL PIANO
by xUnicorn
Today at 01:29 PM
Kawai MP11 Sound Routing Question
by Polkahero
Today at 12:40 PM
Music videos for contemporary music?
by detomastah
Today at 09:01 AM
Galaxy 2 Sample Library ???
by musicmad
Today at 08:30 AM
Forum Stats
82,515 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,343 Topics
2,493,326 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission