Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
60 registered (ando, augustm, AZNpiano, Amosdoll, 15 invisible), 1453 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Edition for Annees de pelerinage? by gooddog @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

I have the Peter's/Sauer edition and I hated working with it but it's been so long, I can't remember why. It might have been the printing quality and the fingering. Henle is always reliable.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Request for Suggestions on Reference Material on J.S. Bach by David Farley @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

Start with The Bach Reader. It's the book to have as a reference or just for browsing if you want to get to know Bach. https://www.amazon.com/New-Bach-Reader-Sebastian-Documents/dp/0393319563
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
I like the Hal Leonard Jazz Piano Solo Series, but they vary in difficulty. http://www.halleonard.com/search/search....sultsperpage=60 Steinway has some interesting books under their own imprint, but they vary in difficulty and availability. This i
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: The modern crop of digitals . . . by Bosendorff @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

While I agree that certain aspects of APs don't need to be reproduced in DPs (for example, pedal thumps, no dampers on the highest keys, etc.), other ones like string resonance certainly help one believe the DP is closer to an AP sound. I went to c
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Albeniz Granada - opinions on speed & recordings by Albunea @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By Jt2nd Was there enough water there for fountains at that time? Run off from the mountains maybe . There is a very especial place in Granada, which is La Alhambra. It has magic. And lots of fountains. If Albéniz was visiting,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bösendorfer 214VC? by Corvus @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

I played a 280 VC at the local dealer's yesterday afternoon; they had just gotten it in since my previous visit about a month ago. It was very nice! I also enjoyed the 200, which is a little more concievably in my price range.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PIANO TECH TOOLS AVAILABLE ! by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

We thank everyone who has shown an interest in the tools, parts, etc. via posting and PM. We have enough requests to make a decision by Monday morning 10/24/2016. If you are interested you may wish to let us know by the end of today, Sunday 10/23/
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about piano tuner job by Bob @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

If you focus on repair and restoring, tuning will be a very small part your job, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you are planning tuning on the road, or in a store or university (3 to 7 pianos a day), then that might be an issue for you.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Steinway is dying." - Dealer by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

The Paulson deal is an LBO (leverage buy out). That reminds me of the Baldwin Piano LBO that eventually resulted in Bankruptcy. However, there is a difference between Baldwin and Steinway = Baldwin cut back on quality, and moved some production to M
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is your sheet music buying out of control? by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By RalphianoOriginally Posted By PianoperformanceLol..he thinks he has to buy storage unit for my music... That's ridiculous! Just add a room onto the house! Haha,,apartment living..not sure my neighbours will like that proje
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: your least favorite key to play in? by Jt2nd @ Yesterday at 08:50 AM

Mention of Church music reminds me of a few funerals I have attended recently . The services were in a new building and it is oval shaped. I have seen the concert hall in Birmingham where musicians play near the centre of an oval or one of the focal
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Charleston (the song) by Hidden son of Teddy Wilson @ Yesterday at 07:21 AM

I think there might be a couple of mistakes in there. Bar 49 has a Gm, it should be a Bb Bar 51 has a Gm, it should be Eb
Jump to new posts Re: Temperament Tuner v1.1 by Hakki @ Yesterday at 05:16 AM

Bump. Anybody tried the program? Thoughts, recommendations?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The traditional one month until the recital thread by JoBert @ Yesterday at 05:09 AM

I got a decent recording of my Beethoven piece this weekend, so yay! I'm all set for the recital. Looking forward to all the submissions...
Jump to new posts Re: How to copy a decal? by Adypiano @ Yesterday at 04:44 AM

No problem! I'd be very interested to see the results if you have time to post a few photos
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What does "tone deaf" mean to you? by Charles Cohen @ 10/22/16 10:26 PM

Quote:I've had students who have absolute pitch in regard to recognizing tones they hear, but they couldn't generate or match pitches with their voices until they'd had a couple years of Suzuki piano lessons. They are different skills. Someone who st
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rach 1, 2nd mvt ("orchestra" accompaniment) by Orange Soda King @ 10/22/16 09:48 PM

Great job!! I love these kinds of things. I've always dreamed of doing something like this, because I never had the opportunity to play a concerto with an orchestra. This is one of my very favorite concerti, too!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tchaikovsky's Pas de Deux Piano Transcription by Auntie Lynn @ 10/22/16 08:19 PM

We call it the Muckraker...and it's a sin to play anything from it if it's not Christmas season. I have an orchestral condensation for piano - it has only two staves - BTW, it was kind of cheap and it's real good!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 vs. CA97 (and CA67) by keystring @ 10/22/16 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By JoBertActually, there is one big difference: The addition of the two Shigeru Kawai voices SK-EX and SK-5 as additional high quality voices. This difference is quite substantial and certainly influenced a lot of buy decisions. I d
Thank you all very much for your help. It's good to know I can go ahead. I can't get to my piano now but will be at home tomorrow and will give it a go. Hope my upgrade to Sierra hasn't caused any issues but I imagine not
Jump to new posts Facebook group for Kurzweil Mark series users by will7370 @ 10/22/16 06:36 PM

Just started a new group on Facebook for users of the Kurzweil Mark series of digital pianos (Mark 10, Mark 110 and Mark 150). I've uploaded the very hard-to-find Service Manual to the files section of the group. Here's a link to the main page: ht
Member Recordings
Little Red Riding Hood And The Wolf! https://youtu.be/GGw8P8XZZps
Jump to new posts Re: Playing back the audio on Casio PX-150 by Morodiene @ 10/22/16 05:47 PM

I own a pair of Behringer MS16's and they're decent for the size and price. I don't know what retailers will charge you or where they ship to, however: Behringer MS16
Jump to new posts Re: Multiple sets of regulating buttons? by jdevajames @ 10/22/16 05:46 PM

Thanks! Good to know. I'm so glad to have joined this forum. Have been hunkering around for a couple months on this project on my own pretty successfully but am glad to have a venue to just ask some of this stuff.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano techniques/book/method for a teen boy? by Barb860 @ 10/22/16 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By David FarleyOriginally Posted By Barb860www.supersonics.com for etudes and pieces. And no, I don't work for them, just having lots of success with these pieces in my studio for beginning teens. Your link redirects to a web page
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Some New Piano World STATS

Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

Piano Classified Ads
Piano Lamps
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com, beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Pianoteq
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
German piano industry and ??
by Norbert
10/23/16 08:57 PM
Mastering the piano series
by dat77
10/23/16 07:25 PM
Got a keyboard and Alfred's All in One and skimmed the FAQ..
by greensam
10/23/16 06:19 PM
Yamaha CP60/70/80 M - how does the midi work
by Dr.Gaga
10/23/16 06:13 PM
Advice on Digital Piano for 5 y/o daughter
by Mattatooi
10/23/16 06:07 PM
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,337 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,932 Topics
2,565,289 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission