Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
42 registered (ColoRodney, custard apple, AZ_Astro, Chuck Behm, CPT-E, DRK, CyberGene, 11 invisible), 1642 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When's the last time you used your jack spring hole tool? by Dan Casdorph @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

I had not thought about using it to move springs, but it may be better than a spring tool/ The serrations would hold the spring well.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by JayGVan @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

QC is never a problem with any Roland launch. Occasional issues can pop up with any product, but Roland Quality Assurance, is some of the best in the industry. extremely rare anomaly. Jay
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning advice please by Nathan M., RPT @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By HelloMrZebraFrom what I've read M&H did away with screw stringer because it threatened the livelihood of piano tuners. They were easy to tune in that you could just adjust the screw up to pitch (tuning from the bottom) and th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for some info on my Piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:54 AM

In the Seattle area you would have to pay someone to remove a piano like this and junk it out.
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND FP-30 by Pro5 @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

Thanks Jay. I'm in touch with them they have already said they would swap it, but I'm more concerned that they keep doing this, the previous compressor I bought as new from them was a b-stock item. Unless they stop doing this I doubt I'll be shoppin
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Liszt - Ricordanza (Transcendental Etude No. 9) by Tony007 @ Yesterday at 09:45 AM

That's a very convincing performance, I like it! Sometimes a certain nervousness is not bad, since it can shift us into a "transcendental" mental state That's exactly how I hear it on this recording! Old treasures, still very precious...
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Beethoven Piano Sonata No 5 C Minor op 10/1 by Tony007 @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

Hi everybody! I have been absent from this forum for a very long time. But now I'm back presenting my solo program I played in November. Here comes the first part, Beethoven's sonata c minor op 10/1 – the other parts will follow soon. I would be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HELP PURCHASING FIRST GRAND PIANO! by Greaza @ Yesterday at 09:29 AM

Believe it or not the price of the 187 is $15000 and the R9 is marked at $13999 however I have not asked the dealer what is the lowest price they can do. I thought the same when I saw the brodmann 187 and wondered how such a larger piano is priced si
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Fantasy on Tango "El Choclo" by CCM Stephen @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

Thanks! It's really supposed to be "too much" in an almost comical way. I wrote it with Noteworthy Composer (not the most sophisticated program but the one I first used, so I can write the fastest with it). The piano writing is actually a l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by scorpio @ Yesterday at 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By JoBert[*] Harlem Nocturne <Recording> (by Earle Hagen) JoBert, that was impressive. I am going to look into ChordPulse, thank you for sharing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by Qazsedcft @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

I have another business trip coming up, this time for 2 weeks. Fortunately, I'll be visiting my mom over the weekend and she has a piano. So overall my piano absence days will be December 5-9 and 12-16.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 3 things by metaresolve @ Yesterday at 05:41 AM

Rerun: Quote:if you're in the US, sounds like a lot of doors will be opening up What do you mean by that? I haven't been paying attention to the job market. I worked in left-politics and stopped paying attention to anything after the general election
Member Recordings
Favorite Etude from the first set of Chopin Etudes :)) Hope you like it! https://youtu.be/N__pkGEW2Ho
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Gender aimed scores? I don't think so! by TheHappyPianoMuse @ Yesterday at 05:24 AM

This has really got me thinking a bit. I have only a modest yardstick on my own site and the stats for various titles. I have about ten percent pieces with frankly feminine names. About forty percent with classical titles such as "Prelude&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tom Brier Accident (August 2016) by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 05:24 AM

Yes you're right. Apparently a truck crushed his car Apparently he's alive but in a wheel chair. I hope he can make it back to his playing https://www.reddit.com/r/piano/comments/4xyuqt/update_on_tom_brier_hopeful/ https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Self taught 13yo needs advice by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By NomiddlenameOriginally Posted By bennevisAre you playing the orginal versions of those pieces, or simplified ones? I'm playing the original versions. As for what you said before, I understand. I'll put Rage on hold for the momen
Thank you for your reply. I learned that midi Bluetooth needs to be turned on in OSX or macOS. Once I did that it connected easily and works great!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Musical Personality by JohnSprung @ 12/02/16 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By joturAll I know is, every time I learn a ballad it turns out to be dance music. . . Hmmm.... no matter what I play, people think it's Cole Porter. I wonder why.... ;-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Innate Talent / Hard Work by JohnSprung @ 12/02/16 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By dmdI will suggest to you that your grandson will more likely develop an interest if he sees you or your wife showing an interest in playing piano. He does -- he runs over to me if I start playing.
Piano Forum
Bought a piano, yet? If so, may it be a joy forever. If not, find a Walter before ending your hunt. They are very good pianos. I should have bought a 190, after finding a good deal on a very nice one several years ago. I just didn't have the $20K i
Jump to new posts Re: FYI: Garritan CFX Update Released by Macy @ 12/02/16 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneJeff contacted me and kindly confirmed I can share those configs with you but wanted to stress out it is mandatory to backup your original file before doing any modifications because it can get messed and crash the piano
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Switching methods by AZNpiano @ 12/02/16 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By Gary D. The reason letter don't work is that it requires a translation. It's one of the most serious problems in people never learning to read music well. +1 This is the prime reason why most kids can't sight read hymns or p
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Vido @ 12/02/16 05:28 PM

Does anyone know why the km6 files of the mp11 cannot be read by the mp7? I thought all sounds of the mp11 are included 1to1 in the mp7...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mordent Question by Qazsedcft @ 12/02/16 05:18 PM

OK thanks.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin L or Boston 193PE? by Retsacnal @ 12/02/16 05:14 PM

Congratulations! I hope it brings you much joy.
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Our Latest Free Newsletter!
-------------------
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
Defining National Piano Schools - Perceptions
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bulgaria 2017
by PhilipInChina
Today at 04:03 AM
Sheet music commission?
by Varun916
Today at 02:00 AM
I WISH TO FIND OUT ABOUT A .....KORNER &SOHN, BERLIN PIANO I
by DRK
Today at 01:28 AM
More Yamaha questions!!
by runninglate
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Homemade stand for MP11
by bolobao
Yesterday at 11:09 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,758 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,779 Topics
2,576,084 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission