Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
79 registered (alwatson, anamnesis, barbaram, Beakybird, Amusingprofessor, 17 invisible), 1378 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Help Choosing Digital Piano or Keyboard... by Baronkatz @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By GombessaEverything is relative. Wooden keys TEND to be the most realistic, because wood is an expensive component so it's usually reserved for higher end offerings, but nothing really mandates that a wooden key is more realistic
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Black Magic Woman by Albert Brighten @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Thanks for those! They helped!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Look at my homepage by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Beautiful playing Toni. I didn't know any of those pieces. I have plenty of Schumann and Mozart and Schubert recordings, but not four hands repertoire. I wonder whether in light but virtuosic mode you might consider Louis Moreau Gottschalk pieces fo
Jump to new posts Re: going digital by bonkers @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By PianoperformanceI don't think that we would ever know, just that we made the right decision at that time. Reading your journey, you had done what I had done, tried them,reached out to the PW for guidance/qs... and ultimately fol
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best Piano's with Low Bass by Del @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By WilliamTruittHere are four more pieces of Paulello's Opus 102 concert grand, played by Stephen Paulello and recorded at his workshop. The pieces are all quiet and reflective and the piano is pretty exposed; by Liszt, Ravel, Debu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The One Month to Russian Recital thread by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By tbonesaysI told my teacher about the piece in our 2nd lesson. He said "Wow you've really dived in." I did not mention that it has to be ready in two weeks. Cliffs on recording technology? Are you looking to buy some
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Aged hammer felt? by Solon @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Thank you Goof (and all) for ideas. PhilipInChina: sorry about the PM. It was a setting and I have changed it so now PM:s should work. I´ll post a couple of pictures, it may take a day or two. My tech will be back next month. Hope he has a solution
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rach g minor prelude fingering by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By dannyluxOriginally Posted By MorodieneLOL It could be. I found notation errors in the score as well. I just used it because it happened to be what I had (given to me for free by a retiring teacher). It's published by Alfred. The
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need piano suggesstion by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

Hello, and thanks for supporting your daughter's music education! Any of the pianos you list would be potentially great instruments for a promising 6 year old, and would likely work fine as a primary practice instrument through the late intermediate
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Estonia or Bechstein Academy by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI think another good idea is to get somebody else to play, so the purchaser can appreciate the piano from a distance.I think this is another common suggestion but probably not too relevant unless one plans to hold nu
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: For those heros who`ve attempted . . by Medved1 @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

I've had better luck on stretch "segments" than stretch pieces. My teacher will give me a small section - maybe 8 measures - of something that's on the outer reaches of playable for me, and encourage me to learn something from it. With on
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FA vs. INTEGRA 7 by TonyB @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Whenever I see these kinds of discussion (i.e. with a handful of people at most) asking for specific things, the first question that comes to my mind is how many people would actually buy the thing. Roland is a large company and they did not get the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

Nice to see everyone getting back into the swing of things! I took a stab at Traumerei over the weekend and was DELIGHTED to see that the pieces I worked on over the summer seem to have made a huge difference in being able to figure out what to do,
Originally Posted By Hendrik42 I was missing out on a whole dimension of sound of my CN35 with just 40EUR Sennheiser headphones :-) HA, I think I just bought a pair o` those . . sounded good in Currys against my own. They were amongst the few i w
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in all keys by cmajornine @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung If your singers start without any reference from the piano, don't they land just anywhere between piano notes? Even if you find the closest key to theirs, don't they have to conform to your piano when you join in?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is this a bridge crack? by Steve Cohen @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By Jeff Clef"...Because it is unethical and most courts have held that failure to disclose a material fact is grounds for breach of the sales contract. This is especially true in small claims court
Piano Forum
Thanks, Rick. My wife has already given the green light to go ahead with the K-3. It's only a matter of time when I muster up enough cash for it. The showroom people said, "We'll hold it for you." BTW, may be I'll take my son to test bot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Help Me Name Our Store by peterws @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Music Chandlery
Jump to new posts Re: I sold my beloved CA97 by peterws @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By BambersThe swing down stands on older larger uprights are quite nice, no need to do anything with it when you choose the key lid either. Not that I ever actually did that as a kid when playing on such a piano.... I well rem
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Erection during playing by Nahum @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By Molto lombardoNe za shto! One thing came to my mind: one of my teachers told me always to look straight ahead while playing. When I raised my shoulders because of tension he would come and press my shoulders down. Arms, wrists an
Well, I'm a Reaper user who appreciates the open-endedness of its design. It is based on procedure from analogue studios and I feel comfortable with that compared to say, Ableton Live which is a complete rethink of the process. So with Reaper, you
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts FILTHY FRANK - FRIENDZONE (Piano Cover + Tutorial) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

FILTHY FRANK - FRIENDZONE (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Hello FILTHY FRANK enthusiasts! I am here once again with another piano cover on a catchy Filthy Frank song called FRIENDZONE. Enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/0NduYlvbz2w Piano Tutor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha U1/U3 grey market pianos by amt7565 @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

So, I purchased a U3. Owner gave us a 1 year exchange warranty and a 10 year standard warranty on the piano. Piano is arriving in 2 days, can't wait!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing staccato to improve precision by dogperson @ Yesterday at 07:09 AM

I started this thread a year ago about an exercise to increase precision Exercise
Adult Beginners Forum
Some Bach :
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday Gershwin!
by Keith D Kerman
09/26/16 07:43 AM
Triple-sensor digital piano as a midi-controller ?
by ntc
09/26/16 06:22 AM
Which one is a better choice?
by Bolster
09/26/16 02:59 AM
Weird change in action
by Retsacnal
09/26/16 02:21 AM
Metronome with wireless earphones
by cathryn999
09/26/16 01:12 AM
Forum Stats
85,069 Registered Members
44 Forums
175,343 Topics
2,558,140 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission