Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Levitan C lever results w/Verituner/Koval, and the I436 Mic by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

Here is a picture of how I use the i436 for most of the piano...no need to raise the lid.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Who doesn't like classical music? by michaelha @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Well, I can sort of relate. Most of the older classical styles isn't my thing either. I wouldn't use the word hate, but I view some of it as "exercises on a musical instrument." However, there are several TV shows or movies that have m
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sheet Music Retainers by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: MargaretUKHey that's a good idea Brian - I'll try that - thanks so much! Make sure you get the ones that are broad, they sometimes come in yellow. I think you can get these at Target. They are broad enough to clip onto the mid
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polish rebuilding at SAP by bkw58 @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DelOriginally Posted By: bkw58Have you ever found that when, say, a 70 year old S&S grand is rebuilt and the old whippens are retained - they all 'look and feel good' - that, due to a renewed interest and pleasure in playing
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: piano contest Clavinova by toddy @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

This is a wonderful performance - and I adore Schumann above all other mid 19th century piano composers - great choice. Your playing is inspiring. By the way, the effect you have on the piano sounds a little exaggerated - though not unpleasant - on
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Yesterday at 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: RagdollHmmm, methinks Cheryl has me on "ignore" oh no, no, not at all. I updated your status right away, I just didn't reply as your adventure coincided with Morodiene's sad news and it seemed too strange to repl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Weightlifting and piano by danielcarr @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

I find if I do biceps (which also impacts forearms) it will impact but only if I try to practice immediately after while I still have "the pump". Increased lactose and shakiness will not help for fine dexterity motions like piano-playing.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: piano contest by briansaddleback @ Yesterday at 04:48 PM

Welcome. Good luck. I love Clair de lune. Cant get enough of it.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Claude Debussy: Valse romantique (1890) by danielcarr @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

Wonderful playing. Clear, clean pedaling. Nice "pearly" tone in middle section. Definitely show this as early Debussy -- with hints of Impressioism to come. Also like left hand-playing around 3:06. Looking forward to hearing more of yo
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts video contest by wkurashima @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Check this out! I'm plaing YAMAHA Clavinova CLP440 and entered Van Cliburn video contest 2014 for amatuer pianists. Url link is my video entry: http://www.cliburn.org/competitions/amateur-competition/amateur-video-contest/submit-video/#!/entry/7
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Mazurka in G-sharp minor, Op. 33 No. 1 by danielcarr @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Definitely a good start. Would like to get more of a dance-like feel. The true "mazurka" accent on 3rd beat feel. And perhaps a bit less pedaling. Has some nice phrasing and impressive to hear after only 1 day of working on it. Looking
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got my piano by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

I'm growing more blonde these days too... Nice picture. Nice piano.
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Butt Plate - Replacement part? by Frank Pinn @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Eric just to let you know, there was a problem in the past with the butt plate holes not being centered as you mentioned but the most recent shipments have addressed that problem.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fritz Kuhla Modell B by Ville-Matti @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

Thanks for all for your answers! Sorry for the delay; the answering has taken some time. Oh, could this Fritz Kuhla really be that old (from 1926)? If that is the case, it seems I made a good deal when I bought the piano. I found it from a flea mark
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Sonatina in G by Ritzycat @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

I present my next piece, Sonatina in G. I did not spend very much time on this one musically, yet I think it came out alright. Hopefully the score is readable. Score Listen to it here Intended to be the first movement of a three-work piece, h
Jump to new posts Re: Something (Anything) Other Than ET by Ed A. Hall @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

I decided to try out Koval's 1.3 on a 1934 Mason & Hamlin A. I then made a few recordings of it. The piano is very worn out and in desperate need of some major work done but it still sings. You'll at least be able to hear how it sounds with it
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to Intermediate Level by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Oh, the classical sonatinas will give her fingers plenty of work to do as well.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in A (listen to it) by Skinkken @ Yesterday at 02:07 PM

That soundcloud link doesn't work anymore, could you fix it please? Looks interesting. Edit: seems like soundcloud is just down...
Jump to new posts Re: Funny craigslist piano listings by malkin @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Barry1963Anyone looking for an oregon/piano ...LOL http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/4575490699.html Oregon still works!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The process of shopping / buying a new piano by malkin @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Before you go play pianos you might want to evaluate your budget.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts AHDSR by A443 @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

The piano's sound envelope: AHDSR (attack, hold, decay, sustain, and release).
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Brahms by mellifluous @ Yesterday at 12:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! bennevis, while I agree that op. 118 nos. 1 and 2 form a great pair, I would prefer to avoid something so commonly played. I love op. 118 no. 3 though, and somehow I hadn't registered that the middle section could serve a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing slow is only part of it by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 12:05 PM

Morodiene I think that's great advice! I'm reminded of that old saying, If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem starts to look like a nail. I think it's well worth remembering that what you need to solve a problem in one pie
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Around The World by karmanathan @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

You should check this guy out - Dotan Negrin. Interesting guy. I saw him play in my town. He is travelling the world with his Upright Piano and just plays wherever he can. He records and blogs and posts pics about his experiences. He is on Facebook
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita' by slipperykeys @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

First bar G Second bar B Minor Third Bar C Fourth Bar A Minor 7, G, C. According to the sheet music. If you Google, Nikita Sheet Music Images, it may help you.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
76 registered (Al LaPorte, bennevis, Abby Pianoman, 36251, 23 invisible), 1309 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156278 Topics
2295096 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with dynamics
by noobpianist90
07/30/14 03:53 AM
Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments?
by chicolom
07/30/14 02:35 AM
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
07/30/14 01:58 AM
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
07/30/14 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
07/30/14 12:15 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission