Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
141 registered (Albert Brighten, ajames, ambrozy, alerique, alwatson, agraffe, 40 invisible), 1816 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67 SK Concert decay bug (Kawai James?) by mcoll @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Ok, my bad. I have just based my assumption on the recorded sample that you posted but it's very possible that in front of the piano, in context, I'd feel differently. Didn't have the chance to test first hand so I was just raising a (wrong) possibil
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Backposts by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

In my experience, a piano with heavy, oversize backposts holds a tuning better than those pianos with lightweight back posts. Examples of pianos with larger back posts would be Steinway uprights, Essex EUP, Baldwin 243, Institutional Yamaha and K
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Soundboard braces by Bob @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Also search "riblets" add on ribs to increase soundboard stiffness. http://www.fandrich.com/index.php?&location=tools
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Was Chopin a Spy? by ChatNoir @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Anybody remember Sam's piano in "Casablanca" where Rick hid the transport visas? Pianos are good for so many things.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin grand advice by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Since I bought my M, I've been sort of watching the "Baldwin market" in my region. My anecdotal observations are that there are fewer up for sale, and that prices have krept up too. The prices aren't completely stratified by model either,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway &Sons D, how to repair action rails? by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

Centennial D stringing scale: 14-1/2 - 4 15 - 4 15-1/2 - 4 16 - 9 16-1/2 - 6 17 - 8 17-1/2 - 6 18 - 8 19 - 8 20 - 4 21 - 4
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Printed piano music by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Sinophilia, I took snap shots of music and cropped out the junk. Will se how it works on my iPad. Also picked up reading glasses at 2.5 power. My regular glasses are the near, far and in between kind, so to use the reading part I had to arch my ne
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Robin, how wonderful that you're doing the PianoWorld Milan shindig! I would drop everything and go, except that we have already booked a flat on Victoria Island for a getaway then. Have fun!
Jump to new posts Re: How to test a used piano before buying? by mcoll @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

I remember liking the PHA2, it's a very nimble, agile action. But it is maybe a bit firmer than some would like and it does have a rather hard bottom. Anyway, it was nice. But the PHA IV premium/concert is a bit softer, even if maybe it feels a littl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: THERE WASN”T A 30 DAY recital WARNING BELL!!!! by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By piano_primo_1Or I missed it…but I wanted to do something like this …. Need to relearn that one.... So I’ll make for something else by the 14th. The Solfeggietto was like the fourth piece Iearned af
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart, difficult to play? by joe80 @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Basically it requires a certain purity of tone and accuracy of touch, and sense of space that all music requires, but that is more exposed in Mozart. Of course, Haydn, Clementi, Beethoven, Chopin even, can all fall into that category for certain work
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning Journal: Chopin Ballade No. 1 Op. 23 by Music Me @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Watched "The Pianist" last night. It was on right before I went to sleep. I couldn't stay up to watch the part where he plays the Ballade. I thought of you watching it for the first time. Music is everything!
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: New Bosendorfer 214 CS by joe80 @ Yesterday at 05:59 PM

So lucky! Bösendorfer 214 is one of my all time favourite pianos.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by raubucho @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Welcome aboard, Remchi. I listened/watched your recordings. You are doing a lot of things right, very impressive for only 2 months. Keep up the good work. Sinophilia, I really liked both of your dances, particularly the Glinka. And, your piano sound
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Yamaha GC2 by joe80 @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

Ah good, I'm so pleased you bought the C2X and not the GC2. The C2X is an excellent piano.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano vs Fully Rebuilt Differences? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By phantomFive ..., it just took longer. A rebuilder using software today can do in a few hours what would have taken decades of mathematics in the first half of the 20th century. Scale design for a one-off rebuild today can the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Piano String Covers - Canada by ryanmanwich @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

Hi all! I was just wondering if anybody had any contacts or knew of any dealer who sells custom piano string covers? They have to be able to ship to Canada, or preferably be made in Canada as it'll be easier for shipping. Thank you!
Pianist Corner
Actually I've been trying out Bruce's technique and it works really well. I'll post a video when I can, but I've got it down. Thanks Bruce!
Jump to new posts Re: New Roland HP508 Hissing by spanishbuddha @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By RAV56785I have recently bought a Yamaha Clavinova CLP 545 (I previously owned a Yamaha Arius YDP 142), which is a nice digital piano with NWX action (wooden keys) and a very nice sound. The problem is that after switching it on,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Music Theory by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

Merci! A good opportunity for me to practice my French aural comprehension .
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: My latest keyboard song :) by Simon_b @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

That is lovely :-) It reminds me vaguely of the Twin Peaks theme. Cheers
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts "Eclipse of Sorrow" by Danijelcro @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

My new piano composition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI6eYFuXro Composed by Danijel Kovacic Recorded in VSTi "Gentleman" piano Download piano sheet: http://www.filedropper.com/eclipseofsorrow
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts "Eclipse of Sorrow" by Danijelcro @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

My new piano composition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI6eYFuXro Composed by Danijel Kovacic Recorded in VSTi "Gentleman" piano Download piano sheet: http://www.filedropper.com/eclipseofsorrow
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano note decay time? by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusOriginally Posted By Doritos Flavouredin a completely imprecise way, I've counted about 14 seconds for C4 on normal touch both in my digital and some Pianoteq models. too short? perhaps I'll try with ff It doesn't mat
Jump to new posts Re: Keyboard for a 100 year old by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerMy Tyros 5 has what you want: Ian Yes, this machine has it. I like to have one too, but I already have three 88-note boards already.
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 >
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Problem Parents
by AZNpiano
05/04/16 11:43 AM
Yamaha YDP-141 vs Casio PX-135
by frenery
05/04/16 09:15 AM
Jazz Piano Comping - How to Comp
by BB666
05/04/16 08:55 AM
Piano Adventures Adult All-in-one: New edition with video!
by TrevorM
05/04/16 07:08 AM
Roland HP605 or Casio GP300
by marko697
05/04/16 06:19 AM
Forum Stats
83,505 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,389 Topics
2,521,087 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission