Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
82 registered (Albunea, AZNpiano, AndrewJCW, augustm, ando, Andrei Kuznetsov, 19 invisible), 968 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I need some rudiments to follow by Just Steven @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Terry, you need not be concerned over propioception. Don't call out each note. It will not do you good. The fingers eventually will be so developed that they can go faster than you mind. Propioception won't come overnight, but it will come for sure.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: High end DP review - decision made by McBuster @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

James Always good to hear from you. I stand by my comments on #2415913. I was thinking of the OP comments "listening to a DP, with some distinctly tinny sounding areas in the mid/high treble". Which did not appear to me to be derailing
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A visit to Russell Kassman Pianos by Norbert @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Kassmann is a class act in a class of its own. Plus the owner knowing more about pianos and the industry itself than most of us forgot. A very worthwhile destination for those seeking the finest their money can buy. Play some of the world's finest
Jump to new posts Re: Change sounds on Nord more quickly by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Scott and maurus nailed it.
Jump to new posts Re: Sennheiser HD598 on sale for $95 by Possum SP280Krome @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By Alexander BorroOriginally Posted By Possum SP280KromeI I think they are pretty good. They are different than my Audio Technicas's so I will keep both Agreed, they are very different, I also own the athM50x, they are very useful
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone know where I can get old RCM books? by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Well I have The Preparatory, Grade 1, 2 and 3 Repertoire and Etude Books from the 2008 curriculum and I have The Grade 1 Etude book from 2001 curriculum. I'd be interested in any other preparatory, grade 1-3 repertoire and etude books from other yea
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How much sight reading material do you need to own? by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Go to imslp.org and find a collection of student exercises by Czerny, Beyer or Heller that's at the right level for you right now (you want something easy enough to play at sight, easier than the repertoire you have to practice in order to learn). Th
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sylent system by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 08:28 PM

You could also try to contact the European Yamaha distribution center for service advice.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts A couple videos of me playing some hymns by bananasushi @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Here are a couple videos I made today. I was nervous in front of the camera so I had to do a few takes. I just wanted people to know some of the material I've been working on and see first hand how I play it. I know it's not amazing. In the second on
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Students with A.D.D by Piano*Dad @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Thank you, Dr. Steven.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do you cope with musician's block? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By PulatomI'm an amateur and though I've made some money with music, it never was my major source of income. But it is my major source of self fulfillment - other hobbies fail to replace it. I've been in music for over 10 years and
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach on a Harpsichord (kind of) by Carey @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By SiFiI love that the sampling includes the "click" of the release. I"ve played lots of harpsichords in my time, including some gorgeous Rubios, and I know the action and all cannot possibly be reproduced on a digit
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paid the balance on the Baldwin L by Music Me @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

The greatest feeling in the world! Congratulations!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scheidmayer Grand Piano by BDB @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

It looks like it might have been refinished, but it could also be newer. Ask the seller for a serial number and more history.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a used grand in the realm of £10-11k. by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

No shortage of them. It's a buyers'market at present. If we knew where you are it might help.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for piano camp for 12 year old this summer by malkin @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By MaggieGirlFor those sticker shocked, just basic camp is expensive. Kids are expensive. Anyone sticker shocked should be vigilant about contraception.
In The News - Pianos in the News
Madeline Goold wrote a similar book tracing the history of a square piano she bought; "Mr. Langshaw's Square Piano" [url=http://www.mrlangshawssquarepiano.co.uk/about/]MR LANGSHAW'S SQUARE PIANO[/url]
Jump to new posts Re: First Impressions a good guide? by AndrewJCW @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

Buying things is much more about marketing than it is the product. Your perception of the brand/product is heavily influenced before you even see or hear it. When people think 'Yamaha' or 'Nord' it means something to them from all the past experience
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by pianofan1017 @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

For sight singing, since they are going to play the chord first and give you the tonic note. Just think of each tonic note as Do. Then look at the other note whether it is Mi or Re or Fa. This way, it will be much easier to sing out with less mistake
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K500 pricing by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

Good piano. If I didn't want a small grand I could consider the 500 a lifetime piano. List is 13,700, the Piano Buyer* guide suggested max (street) price is 11,900. Conventional wisdom is that 30 percent off of SMP is a good price and 30 off of S
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Entropy Piano Tuner by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

Here is another Jazz piece, this was recorded much later than the above Ampico roll, and right after the jazz piece "Who Can I Turn To" above... center string tuning.....this man is all over the keyboard yet again. Not perfect unisons, neve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing piano topless by malkin @ Yesterday at 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaSurely you don't suspect me of intending a double entendre do you? Certainly not!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Models not in Piano Buyer by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

In the end, no one knows what the models (R1 M1 etc.) on the present Baldwin website at this very moment with list prices represent. NOS? Models from the failed factory? Models planned but not yet in production? I guess I'll assume that they're
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Pianist Goes Crazy and Collapses ;) by Jaak @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

https://youtu.be/UAVgW6Olgdg Enjoy! x-perimental
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I made a decision today... by DrewBone @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By neciebugsOriginally Posted By DrewBoneDenise, [hands thrust up in the air] Saweeeeeeet!!! So when's delivery??!! My Yamaha was delivered from NY to NC and arrived at 12:45am on a Saturday morning, but I didn't care! After it wa
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Yamaha CP4 or CP40 Free Bag
Buy a CP4 or CP40 Get a Free Bag
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is this professional?
by AZNpiano
Today at 03:58 AM
Tender Manifesto: Courage and Confidence
by SiFi
Today at 02:03 AM
I need to sell my piano . . .
by Mercurygirl
Today at 12:56 AM
Questions about a Sojin 1989 RG-5
by Briun
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Another arghhh moment
by Arghhh
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,600 Registered Members
44 Forums
168,677 Topics
2,470,983 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission