Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
109 registered (Alexander Borro, Anne'sson, Alux, Almaviva, anamnesis, Al LaPorte, 27 invisible), 1267 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone tell me if the piano will fit? by Dan Casdorph @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

Do the front legs unscrew/come off the piano? If so, it will almost certainly fit.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Should a child begin his lessons on a digital piano? by Pedro_Henrique @ Yesterday at 08:27 PM

Guys, y'all have to remember that a perfect pitch only comes in childhood. So not at all, a good digital it's not bad, and it's even better than a cr***y acoustic out of tune. Ok, and about technique, with a good teacher, the kid will develop a goo
Jump to new posts Re: problem with my GEM RP800 !!!SOLVED!!! by Just Alan @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

For what it is worth, I have a 22 year old Roland JV1000 workstation synth. About 10 years ago it suddenly started switching itself off and resetting without warning. I could no longer use it as a gigging keyboard because it became so randomly unre
Jump to new posts Re: How practical is amateur piano tuning for one's self only? by Dennis Kelvie @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By amv256(This sounds like it might be a common question so I apologize if I missed it elsewhere.) I understand that truly mastering piano tuning (or even achieving reasonable proficiency) takes years at least, and I'm not looking
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2015 by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 07:53 PM

Hi SwissMS, yes my teacher and I both have the Handbook for Celebration Series Perspectives, and we do follow it now. We didn't follow it in the beginning, but around grade level 4, I began to really hit the wall in my progress, and became a bit dis
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha vs kawai by twocats @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By MariedybeedyMy mother was a musician and it was much more for her than just a little hobby, though she put much of it on hold as she raised her family. I have felt a bit of closeness to them this week and have shed tears more tha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lessons hampered: my digital piano vs. her acoustic piano by Michiyo-Fir @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By amv256Beyond that, is upgrading my keyboard the only solution? I'm still thinking about the average kid or teenager who wants to take piano lessons seriously, but can't drop $2800 on a professional stage piano. It's not so much a
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart Piano Concerto no. 23 by ChrisKeys @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Yep, that did it. I can now view it. Great performance, too.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to identify 2 pieces by Works1 @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Bump, in case someone didn't see the first thread and may recognize the first and/or third piece. Also, any updates Kevin?
Schick Yes, but that 48 note polyphony is a limitation of the internal sound generator of the piano itself. It won't affect the polyphony of any virtual pianos (or other instruments( that you might be using from within your DAW (which will be li
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts an International Klein Blue hex code by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Hi Everyone, I have been reading up a bit on International Klein Blue. It seems that that an attempt has been made to arrive at an accurate hex code for it. Here is the Wikipedia article on International Klein Blue, and a page with a suggested hex
I didnt like the keyfeel of the cvp609, when i played it directly after playing a mp11 kawai, i actually hated it to such an extend that it felt cluncky and unnaturall... Thats just how good the MP11 felt to me..
Pianist Corner
Co-incidentally, she's just released a 2-CD album of Philip Glass's music (including film music), which has garnered good reviews. Her career is in the ascendant........
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Second cover - Mezase (One Piece) by QnT @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin etude op 25 no 12 "Ocean" by QnT @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

Was nice overall, but too much pedal, I think.
Jump to new posts Re: Line-outs by Cue Zephyr @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

I figured! I'd prefer balanced line-outs, but if unbalanced is all I get, then that's excellent too. It's mostly the more than positive words about the Casio action that I'm looking at them. I was looking at the PX-150 and gradually moved up only t
Jump to new posts Re: Different action in piano by mp69 @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

Thanks Dorrie, I accept your apology. Have a good day!
Jump to new posts Re: More String Leveling Fun by Scriabin67 @ Yesterday at 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTTalcum (dusting) will prevent sweat from rusting the strings. I couldn't find a picture of the string lifter in Reblitz. Maybe I didn't learn about it there. Here is a picture of mine, made from a bass string:
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hava Nagila by DancerJ @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

I thought I play this piece decently so I moved on a while ago. Then last night I heard the following video and realized that my speed is very slow, compared to hers. Those of you who started this piece around time when I started, how is your speed?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rosebud March - Scott Joplin - Pino Marvel visualization by joyoussong @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

If there were mistakes in there, I sure couldn't hear them - I thought it was great! I'd be over the moon if I could play Scott Joplin like that!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Time Signature Question by joyoussong @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By Brian Lucas True of any time signature. The 1 will always be the strongest beat. Not always! Syncopation has the "[a]ccent on 2nd and 4th beat of a measure instead of the usual accent/stress on the 1st and 2nd beat. Als
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts String lifter by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:01 AM

String lifter
Jump to new posts Re: Great tuning but did not last by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

I believe the OP stated that the piano was tuned many times with no problem and just recently did not stay. The comment of the gentle push may refer to "settling the pin down in the hole" as one tech explained to me. NSL analysis shows cl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti K424 & 425 book for exam by Scout @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

JW Pepper online has 100 Scarlatti Sonatas edited by Hashimoto, and K424 + K425 are in volume 2. Maybe they would put a rush on it for you.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Invention no 02 and no 13 by S.H.Lee @ Yesterday at 09:11 AM

The "main melody" is in your mind. For this one "Invention 13 in A minor ", maybe you can play slowly then let left hand more piano then right hand.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland HP-1300E
by Cue Zephyr
Today at 07:28 AM
fun and games in ABF - you're all invited!
by dire tonic
Today at 07:18 AM
Whispers Ear Training sign-up thread.
by dire tonic
Today at 05:20 AM
Sound card not working
by Jack Gately
Today at 05:08 AM
1909 Blüthner Grand Piano, Presentation by Ute Neumerkel
by Michael Sayers
Today at 04:06 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,447 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,394 Topics
2,411,540 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission