Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Subscriber Instructions by Piano World @ Today at 09:54 AM

Instructions for those wishing to help support the Piano Forums and Piano World. Complete instructions can be found ...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Piano Sufficient for a Newbie by BrianDX @ Today at 09:40 AM

I think here is the way I would answer this question both from my point of view and recent history of: 1) being a newbie less than a year ago; 2) owning a "starter" digital piano; 3) Upgrading to my "final" acoustic piano (man it'
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: "scoring piano sample"???? by johnlewisgrant @ Today at 09:38 AM

Yes well the prices ARE high. 199US for 8deo 1928 Steinway. Asked company about vel layers, compression, etc... (I own it, btw.) And it's a bare bones sample which doesn't appear to be about performance or live playing, but about recording. I ha
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: grand care by PhilipInChina @ Today at 09:36 AM

You will all be relieved to know that the piano did not come out with any white spots. The same cannot, however, be said for the floor!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Piano and alto sax version. Steinway D from "Catch Me If You Can."
Jump to new posts Re: Headphone Amp? by Jeff Hurchalla @ Today at 08:30 AM

That's a little bit of a tricky question, in that critical listeners may indeed hear better sound from a soundcard (or USB audio device), but I'd guess the average listener wouldn't hear much difference. For the typical music software user, a dedicat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by Nikolas @ Today at 06:22 AM

It's ok. It's not the end of the world. As I said stick around, be a part of this community and share... Offer and receive. Welcome to PW!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC... Do you know any free and easy to use video-editing software? I use Windows Movie Maker and find it quite easy to use
Jump to new posts Re: Just Tuned up and Played a Kawai KG-1D..... by Paul678 @ Today at 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTA443 did not say excellent regulation will make all grand actions feel the same. He said it would make them much more controllable and consistent. Why do you want to put meaning into words that is not there? Th
Jump to new posts Re: Surge protection? by Marko in Boston @ Today at 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By: TX-BluebonnetThanks everyone! I took a look at the links that were kindly provided. The APC brand does look pretty good except for quite a few complaints about the batteries dying within a matter of months. I still may go with o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Franz Liszt - Un Sospiro by musicpassion @ Today at 05:04 AM

Since my ipad battery is almost dead I'll make this short, with just one idea: In m21 and m22 there are several important musical directions. First the appassionato, which was already mentioned. Then the fermata. Then the rit., which works with t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mendelssohn on meaning in music by maurus @ Today at 04:26 AM

Mendelssohn's quote is certainly provocative. But: His remarks on the ambiguity of written or spoken words are spot on. If music is a language, it is a very different one than ordinary language. And as usual, there is a problem of translation between
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: RetsacnalOnce when I was returning from overseas, the flight attendant was explaining the Immigration and Customs forms so that passengers could have them filled out before arrival. She explained that U.S. citizens needed only t
Adult Beginners Forum
Welcome MandyD! I know what you mean, sometimes it seems a little bit like this is the only actual Adult Beginners thread in this forum. Reinforcing is good, sometimes all you really need is a rest and a break for a day to really make progress. Bl
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin: Mazurka in G-sharp minor, Op. 33 No. 1 by noobpianist90 @ Today at 03:12 AM

I liked it. I look forward to listening to the recording of the polished piece.
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPTon pianos with short NSL (spinets, near the tenor break) do you find 9-12 difficult. If so, how did you deal with it? Yesterday did tuning upright piano "WEINBACH" GDRs end 60th years. NSL really sh
Jump to new posts Re: What brand of solid string to use? by Grandpianoman @ Today at 02:58 AM

Ed, thanks for your offer. I am pretty busy right now with my work, but will def take you up on it in the near future. This Steinway project is at least 2-3 months from starting, so no rush. Yes, that is the original case.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by littlebirdblue @ Today at 02:54 AM

I'm almost done with Book 1. My daughter's teacher uses it so I thought I'd stick with the same. It really helped me remember a lot that I'm forgotten and I liked the way it teaches note reading. I am not crazy about how the songs are arranged thou
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Youtube! :) by phantomFive @ Today at 02:51 AM

Nice smooth style
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: Starr Keys It seems to me that even in classical music, knowing where the essential harmony notes are in relation to the melody note without having to read them is important to flow. I'm wondering if other classical players fin
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) by AimeeO @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Hey! Glad ya'll liked the Fiona Apple.. Can't understand why it wouldn't link right. Recaredo, I was impressed with the finalists I saw. We saw only 4 of the 12. I'm hoping I can catch the finals on Sunday. I think poor BillyO got his fill Tuesda
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do you measure progress? by dmd @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I stopped measuring progress long ago. I am not sure if I ever did that. I am not trying to "get someplace". I am just doing something I enjoy doing. I play pieces that I enjoy the sound of and seem to be able to play after a reasonabl
Jump to new posts Re: MultiTrackStudio and Vintage D by Taking Requests @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

de cajon: Thank you! That was exactly what I needed. Thx.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Thanks, barbaram and AimeeO. I will be out of town this weekend, but I should only have to miss piano on Saturday 7/26 unless my brother in law happens to have one (highly doubtful). I'll play before we leave tomorrow and hopefully arrive on Sunday
Jump to new posts Re: Wurlitzer electric piano sound by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Nobody has mentioned "Lounge Lizard", either. It has a whole bunch of Wurlitzer presets, and it's fully programmable. The cost of a PC, a MIDI-to-USB converter, and either Pianoteq or Lounge Lizard (each of them model both Rhodes and Wurl
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
161 registered (acortot, ajames, 36251, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1840 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75516 Members
42 Forums
156160 Topics
2293273 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Medelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
38 minutes 45 seconds ago
Correcting Heavy Piano Touchweight in Grand Pianos
by Paul678
52 minutes 27 seconds ago
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
Today at 12:29 PM
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
Today at 12:21 PM
Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys
by barabusm
Today at 12:09 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission