Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1911 7'6" Chickering help by Steve Jackson @ Today at 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: jim ialeggioOriginally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTI lowered the soundboard about 5mm and made new vertically laminated maple bridges. I've been thinking about this, Ed. Another way to increase bridge height and increase the b
Adult Beginners Forum
To save you the trouble, here's a master classical pianist playing Pictures. http://youtu.be/BMg_A8eYweY Just the first few minutes should have you shaking your head in amazement at the colors, the imagery being conjured, the tonal nuances, the rhy
Piano Forum
I second the OP's stellar review of the Cunningham Piano. One of the biggest gripe I have with my condo is that I don't have a place to put the Cunningham, and had to settle with a nice upright. It is indeed is an astonishing instrument. I try
Jump to new posts Re: Opinion on soundboard crack by SMHaley @ Today at 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: acortotTo improve the sound, you can insert wooden wedges every few inches so that one side of the soundboard is phisically coupled to the other. soundboards do resonate and if the soundboard is split the soundboard doesn't re
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Scuttlebutt by wimpiano @ Today at 02:57 PM

Magnifique..
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to debrucey? by Orange Soda King @ Today at 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: argerichfanHe's always been active on fb. Yes, and it seems like he's doing well. Just doesn't really post much on PW anymore I guess.
Jump to new posts Re: How do you put in a larger tuning pin? by Olek @ Today at 02:41 PM

hello the rosin is colophon in powder. it may be synthetic rosin as well probably. But I was told to use natural colophon powder, the one used for varnishes - dilution in alcool or used as powder for old block . Petrof use the liquid tuning pins are
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts 5 Abstract Studies by Simon Hester @ Today at 02:37 PM

Friends Here are my 5 Abstract Studies for Piano. Soon to be available in Sheet Music Please enjoy and comment if you wish Thanks Simon Hester https://soundcloud.com/simon-hester-sistermusic/sets/5-abstract-studies-for-piano-1
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: jeffreyjonesThe best example I can give you is Messiaen's Petites Esquisses d'Oiseaux, which was written for a Bosendorfer Imperial with 97 keys. From Bartok, the Second Concerto calls for a 90-note piano in all 3 movements but
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Magic - Michael Anderson by Seaside_Lee @ Today at 02:23 PM

Hi H.K. It's already been posted a few posts above in this thread by Rerun But more importantly Mr Super hunky reposted the link over where it should be in "Adult Beginners" in my "Hi All" message Lee
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Chopin Prelude in C Minor by arty @ Today at 02:14 PM

My first post and my first anniversary of piano lesson And my piano is Kawai KG2D. Hope you enjoy my playing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lCquVkyBKQ
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTIf you read my patent application for the "Fully Tempered Duplex Scale" you will see my solution. Ed, I am thinking about what you wrote but I'll have to read it again. Have you seen Stulov's recent
Jump to new posts Re: Cracking tuning pin by Mark Davis @ Today at 12:52 PM

Thank you very much for your help Mark! All of the best! Regards,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wessell, Nickel & Gross Action Parts by A443 @ Today at 12:24 PM

@Minnesota Marty, now you understand what is really going on--good for you: you've graduated!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Video clip for classical music? by wouter79 @ Today at 12:12 PM

I prefer to listen to music in a darkened room, so that I can focus on the music instead of being distracted/pulled down by images that are rarely to the point. Originally Posted By: NikolasSo, I was drawn to this video by someone in Facebook: htt
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spelling chords and using correct accidentals by keystring @ Today at 12:00 PM

JoelW, you should be able to work your way through basic theory using the site below. It is very thorough. Also have a visit to the ABF - while it is called the "adult beginner forum" it is actually a catch-all phrase for anyone studying
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Worth buying a new digital piano as a controller? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 11:46 AM

On Canadian prices: Axe Music, based in Calgary / Edmonton, with a large online website axemusic.com has these prices: Casio PX-5X -- $900 . . . PX-350 -- $770 . . . PX-150 -- $550 I suspect that Tom Lee Music (which sells Casios) would mat
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Beethoven Sonata cycles? by noobpianist90 @ Today at 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: wrI concur with the Gulda (if it's the one originally on Amadeo LPs). What little Beethoven I've heard from Ashkenazy has been completely uninteresting to me. I started listening to Ashkenazy's recordings after I first listened
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Playing from photocopies by Kreisler @ Today at 10:22 AM

I think you'll have to comply with whatever regulations are set by the AMEB. Either that, or risk being disqualified or receiving a low score. Regardless, the question is probably best addressed by consulting the syllabus or contacting the AMEB offi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Boris Slutsky to perform at PianoCraft May 3 by Marinelife @ Today at 09:19 AM

Now that my request is in line, I can say: Sweet! See you there, I hope. Sorry to have missed Carmen Knoll.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Top Of The World Piano - The Carpenters by Phuc Pham @ Today at 09:13 AM

=LhcEiwyhnvI I love The Carpenters.I listened all of Carpenters songs when i was young still today.I play this song by ear . Enjoy!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Have you installed the latest driver for your DP? This is something separate from the File Utility program and it allows your computer to see the piano. It can be found here: http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail...;asset_id=37205 Install per th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano song requests? by Greener @ Today at 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: dire tonic I'll chuck in an initial hint for the short section starting at 1.27 - probably the most approachable for a beginner to try and figure out. It's in 3/4 time. Your mission, Kent, is to figure out the RH - ... Here'
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help dating old Mcphail Upright Piano by wimpiano @ Today at 07:25 AM

If you like it, keep it, if not you could sell it but you probably won't get much for it.
From my various other readings it would APPEAR that there is very little space between the patents that Richard Dain has already. You might well find that your modelling leads to a space that is already covered by Richard's patents. It is probably wo
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (Almaviva, ABC Vermonter, AmateurBob, ando, 37 invisible), 1523 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74318 Members
42 Forums
153716 Topics
2253420 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
GH1 tuning pin torque
by awyaks
04/24/14 11:38 PM
Will you take Manhattan?
by davefrank
04/24/14 11:31 PM
Growing student
by pianoplayer84
04/24/14 11:19 PM
Our first piano acquisition- Yamaha U3
by Manutabora
04/24/14 07:56 PM
Yamaha Grand buying choices
by BrianDX
04/24/14 07:35 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission