Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
107 registered (AmandaH, accordeur, 36251, ando, AndrewJCW, 36 invisible), 1437 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing Digital piano upgrade! by jimb100 @ Today at 02:02 PM

What don't you like about the Korg and want to improve. Rather than attempt to find the best "comparison" to a grand piano that will cost thousands more, pick one that feels and sounds right for the type of music you play. You have the mo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Almost philosophical.. or practical. Roland vs Kawai by Charles Cohen @ Today at 01:15 PM

1. You might get better response in the "Digital Pianos & Synths" forum. 2. IMHO, you should buy a digital piano based on action and sound. Everything else is a frill.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: sweeper soundboard cleaner (made in Sweden) by David Boyce @ Today at 01:07 PM

Haha thank you HansC2! Actually I agree that the sweeper is a good idea for regular light dusting to prevent problems in a newer piano. There are a few more models on the market now too, than was the case when I wrote my page. I do find that in my
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recital 39 --- General Discussion Room by ElaineAllegro @ Today at 01:04 PM

Quote:Sarabande, French Suite #2 ...A few of the RH 16th note values seemed off a bit – maybe “red dot fever”? - but a few slow practices with the metronome set on for 16th notes should take care of this... Quote:...I wanted to thank you for t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Those LH octaves in the Heroic by Hakki @ Today at 12:54 PM

sking why are you doing this? why? I really want to know. WHY?
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1986 Hamilton Baldwin or Steinway Vertegrand? by David Boyce @ Today at 12:49 PM

Wow hard choices! Take them both - get rid of a bookcase somewhere to make room! The Steinway Vertegrand is among the best upright pianos ever made; according to some sources, the best. And if you have been told that this one is in good shape, it's
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By VisaliaDo you challenge yourself with what inversions you play to improve your overall muscular memory on the instrument? Use inversions to improve the arrangement. For example if you are playing a stride accompaniment on G chor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Repeated Notes (Chopin Op.18) by sking @ Today at 12:31 PM

It's whatever works for you that gives a clean staccato. I use 323232 on the E-flats and then 212121 on the Fs. Then....it's 23 on the E-flat to A-flat to get my thumb on the C, not 24.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Michael Logozar - Reverie by MichaelLogozar @ Today at 12:28 PM

Hello everyone! I wanted to share a new composition with you from my upcoming album: https://youtu.be/-Mc0Xo833HM Comments are welcome.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Wind Etude arpeggios by sking @ Today at 12:19 PM

What you want to do is use 5241 for the most part of the piece. I do this so I really don't have to think too much about using other fingers. I use this fingering with a few variations. in bars 41-44 I use 1425 exclusively. just practice it slowly pl
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chicago Amateur Piano Competition - Aug 2016 by RonaldSteinway @ Today at 11:56 AM

All, The Chicago Amateur Piano Competition will be held at the end of Aug 2016. http://www.chicagopianoamateurs.org/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Kawai RX-2 vs 1984 Yamaha C-5 by Olek @ Today at 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By BobDue to the age difference you are not really comparing apples to apples. A technician should check both pianos and help you decide. Yes , 30 years difference you cannot compare really (particularly at that distance) For
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Casio Hybrid by Alexander Borro @ Today at 11:51 AM

Casio Celviano hybrid
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hands shaking by Celdor @ Today at 11:46 AM

I feel like we tend to go off topic with this "professionals take drugs and everything is all right". But I answer on that. If one needs to take a drug on regular bases then I dare to say something is wrong. Simply, the job is not for a pa
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Teacher Recommending Less Practice? by keystring @ Today at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneReally what I've heard and anecdotally found most effective is to practice in short sessions - and usually I do 15 minutes at a time - then take a break or move on to another task. Working one hour straight on piano (doi
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Maple Leaf Rag Scott Joplin by Carey @ Today at 11:40 AM

Good point about the speed, Tim. I've shared this story here in the past - but here goes..... 40 years ago I accompanied a young clarinetist (Curtis grad) in a series of community concerts (formal and informal) in a mid-western state. In one small
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Playing Horse by Olek @ Today at 11:05 AM

A little Chines influence, what brand is that horse ?
Jump to new posts Re: CLP-340 increased key resistance by Kaan Ergen @ Today at 10:38 AM

@elendil and @MacMacMac; after a while (days, weeks i dont know) i will disassemble my clavinova, and i will send picture one key back to forum. Can you show me, where is the grease point(s).
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: a theory question about ii by keystring @ Today at 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By Justin_BYou've made me curious, I will ask my composition tutor about it later in the week! I'll be curious about what your tutor will have to say.
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/g0TEXBkeouc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Today at 08:10 AM

Hello Allard -It is good to hear from you! Enjoy your vacation. All record excused time from Aug 29-Sept 4. AmandaH - Let me know after your weekend if you found a piano! Johann - Hope you had a good visit with you daughter. I will list Aug. 29 as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: schubert Impromptu op 90 no 3 by jdw @ Today at 07:45 AM

Very lovely playing, sor! But I think if you're going to play this advanced music, it really is important to get help with the technical issues that others have pointed out. You can hurt yourself over time if your fingers are moving in unhealthy ways
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP7 THREAD by Frédéric L @ Today at 07:31 AM

Quote:It wouldn't be hard for the industry to make the (otherwise useful) phenomene "USB-MIDI-connections" foolproof and universal" The USB standard does define the way to implement MIDI over USB. Then, when I plug my M-Audio MIDI-USB
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP7 - no midi output by Col.B. @ Today at 07:24 AM

Thanks James. I have taken your advice and downloaded ASIO4ALL. I like it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Conservatory Teacher Trial Lessons by Albunea @ Today at 06:58 AM

Yes, it did. Thank you.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Manufacturing year of a Willis & co upright piano
by TTND
09/02/15 10:14 PM
Member Recordings posts
by Arghhh
09/02/15 08:09 PM
My personal comparison of pianos in €900-€1200 range.
by bitnick
09/02/15 04:24 PM
dynamics and reprise question
by iamanders
09/02/15 03:59 PM
Roland wifi/bluetooth connections
by pe2Dave
09/02/15 01:18 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,600 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,635 Topics
2,441,472 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission