Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
145 registered (alexk3954, Abby Pianoman, alfredo capurso, 36251, 35 invisible), 1721 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help on repeats and double bars... by Maths @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

I'm glad I could help. And yes, you do need to actually "read" the book, in addition to playing it; that's how you'll pick up the subtle explanations and details that are sometimes provided at the end of some songs.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: More praise for American teaching guru Seymour Bernstein by griffin2417 @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By Vidhttp://www.landmarktheatres.com/minneapolis/film-info/seymour-an-introduction Looks like its coming soon to your area but no exact dates. I know its currently showing in Seattle. Thanks Vid! I'll definitely look for it.
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts MAGNIFICENT MOZART - 03/29/15 - Freedom, NH by Piano World @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

The Mountain Top Community Orchestra presents: MAGNIFICENT MOZART Sunday, March 29 4:00 PM Camp Calumet Conference Center, Ossipee Lake Road, Freedom, NH Calumet is approximately 35 minutes from South Hiram School. Calumet's phone number: 603.539.4
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sound difference? by OneWatt @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By MathsThanks for replying, OneWatt and Joe Garfield. ... Thanks for the suggestions! This forum is really full of so many helpful and knowledgable people, and I'm glad to be a part of it. So good to know our suggestions are help
Jump to new posts Re: MP11 USB recording length issues by rungabic @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

James, That would be great if the engineers would check out that Corsair drive -- it's a very nice form factor, and although USB 3.0 is useless for the MP11, it's obviously useful for copying the files to the computer, as well as being able to use t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valuation/ warped plank by michaelopolis @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

Thanks Gene for your sensible opinion.
Member Recordings
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Her Name is Jasmine Weiss. She's 15 and She Will Stun You. by J Joe Townley @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By Michael SayersOriginally Posted By izalduOriginally Posted By Michael SayersHi Joe, I wasn't suggesting that Jasmine Weiss will be the second coming of Horowitz, rather that in general the earlier one gets technical objectives o
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Kinds of recital programs by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By beet31425And I heard Schiff give a concert of alternating Haydn and Bartok. Believe it or not, there was more than one moment when a piece began, and you didn't know at first which it was.-J A combination of a two composer recita
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Dave Frank - jazz teaching with humor by Nahum @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

Thelonius!!! and also O.Coleman!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New piano hunt - daunted! (UK) by Narj @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

Hi all, My digital is heading towards giving up the ghost and after a couple of years of my teacher badgering me to get an (upright) acoustic, I'm finally going to bite the bullet. I'm playing G7/8ish repertoire now so I suppose it's a fair suggesti
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai RX-3 lower string buzz... by Steve Senseney @ Yesterday at 10:19 AM

I had a buzzing bass string. It was because a little glue or lacquer had stiffened the surface of the damper. Check to see if you have the same buzz when the damper is raised.
Kbeaumont, Ahhh! Thank you for the information. That makes sense, giving you the option for both modes. Actually that's a nice feature. It does seem like a very nice little module, and actually it seems pretty unique in the marketplace. I'm surpr
Jump to new posts Re: How to know you're not damaging tuning pins? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano, RPTEd says he uses the flex, BDB says you should not pull up or push down on the pin. Who's right? Greetings, The definition is in the details. I did use the word "slight". The amount of lateral s
Jump to new posts Re: Why don't DPs have more historical keyboard sounds? by MossySF @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

I've seen way higher SSD failure rates than 1.5%. For a while, every one of our Linux servers used SSDs for the boot drive but half of those have died already on nearly no disk writes (e.g. boot-up only reads). Since then, we've gone back to using
Jump to new posts Re: Inexperienced pianists by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:51 AM

Finally someone has developed photoshop for video!!! ;-) Seriously, that kid is possessed. In a good way of course.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Computerized Piano Exercises? by Vadomorbido @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

Hallo, I started with Alfred. Good method but no immediate feedback. Now I'm using Piano Marvel since 3 mounths. Very interesting and exciting. No, boring, very progressive. I play on Kaway CA15 and I'm on it every free moment (my wife hates it),
Jump to new posts Re: Finally upgraded: Roland FP4 to Roland RD800 by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By suniilMorodiene and Marko: She plays only Acoustic gigs, most of the venues are reluctant to use Stereo setup and Sound engineers tend to ignore my request as she is still not a major artist. At home we have Adam A3x studio m
Jump to new posts Re: Setting an aural stretch to an ETD by Bob @ Yesterday at 09:15 AM

The problem I have with tuning all the "A" notes by ear is that I can't do that without using other notes as a reference. In other words, when tuning by ear, the stretch develops as I tune the piano. Stretch is not pre conceived. Even roo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Thanks again, Andy. I had also posted the Righini variations with score on youtube with some commentary, in case you're interested. (link here) The date I find for the Sussmayr variations is 1799. I agree that these early pieces have elements of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course - The real deal? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By Beth_FrancesAlfred's is very popular, but I don't think it's the best. The left hand doesn't get developed properly, it just plays chords, and the book moves at an unrealistic pace. Especially if you are teaching yourself. This
Jump to new posts Re: name that tune.... by paradice @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

Yeah it's a great YouTube channel for comparing sounds, all recorded in the same way and played consistently. Will still try different pianos in the shop but he makes it a lot easier to compare them
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2015 in Switzerland! by Nikolas @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Hem, A note that no matter how much I'd like to attend, I cannot, at the moment confirm anything. What I said is that my sister in law lives in Geneva, so there are chances, but that's about it... Sorry to dissapoint, but I'd hate for you to think
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing in front of other people by Medden @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

I think 'stage fright' is a bit of a misnomer for this, to me it's more 'distracted playing'. Having someone watch or listen means my mind is wondering what they think, when I need all my focus on my playing. A simple solution is to to add distract
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Preparatory Exercise for Blind Octaves No. 2 by Sayers ;-) by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

Hi Everyone, This composition is played entirely with the thumbs, including the final measures. The score can be viewed here: http://www.michaelsayers.com/preparatoryexerciseforblindoctavesno2.html The reverb is the natural sound at Västerha
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Anything like Rocksmith for keys?
by Colin Dunn
03/28/15 10:20 AM
Comparitive Latency of popular VIs... and the winner is...
by dire tonic
03/28/15 09:35 AM
Hello! I'd like to discuss my piano competition repertoire.
by albumblatter
03/28/15 09:14 AM
Coda on Tcherepnin's Bagatelles Op.5
by izaldu
03/28/15 08:54 AM
What monitors do you use with your MP11?
by Morodiene
03/28/15 08:40 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,673 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,772 Topics
2,389,379 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission