Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rare 1875 Steinway concert grand by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: ando When rebuilding this piano, did you attempt to faithfully stick to the original specs (as much as you could know about them anyway)? Or were some things tweaked and considered improvements to, or even true intentions of, th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Thank you very much for your replys! I guess I like the warm sound of the American D very much but the bass of the Ravenscroft seems awesome! Another question by the way: Do you guys know if it is possible to connect a loop station to a virtual piano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new Kawai K-500 by KurtZ @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: moy71that buddha statue isn't scratching the surface i hope That figurine is not a buddha. It's a Ho-Tei. A (mainly) japanese deity that represents contentment and happiness. Classical buddhism has no deities or spirits. S
Jump to new posts Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! by legatoboy @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

Initially I liked the P105. Of course the FP80 is a classier piano all around. The P105 responds well for Jazz and Traditional/Classical music for the $. But I found the P105 lacking in louder contexts compared to the P95 which I still own. Also the
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday Charles Ives!! by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

You may enjoy this class on 5 little-known pieces by the old grand-master). Free fun. http://youtu.be/G3RHUUOvdV0
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital to replace a Boston GP with? by 36251 @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

I don't have room for a grand and own/love my N2. Just so you know, even if I moved to a large house, I might buy a grand but I would not sell my N2. It's a great workhorse for practicing and a pleasure that it's always in tune.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Blurry vision after playing by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

imustlearn, it really sounds to me like you need some piano glasses, and maybe reading glasses in general. And I definitely recommend a visit to an eye doctor rather than trying to pick some out yourself at a drugstore. Also, if you haven't had your
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: rare 1875 Steinway concert grand by Craig Hair @ Yesterday at 09:15 AM

Klaviermaniac, It looks like a very interesting piano to me. The older they are the more interesting I find them. I'm sure that the piano has signifcant design differences from later versions. But I am also sure that Steinway did not produce t
Selection of an octave type is not a stand alone thing but has great effect on other intervals and the overall sound of the rest of the piano. The thinkin' listenin' machine tuner might find some of the foregoing posts at least interesting if not u
Jump to new posts Re: Thank you Techs! Advice for DIY'ers... by David Jenson @ Yesterday at 08:55 AM

Most DIYers that I've encountered manage to do a passable job. If they don't, I make some money cleaning up the job. Working without special tools and lack of long experience works against most DIYers, but a few overcome those handicaps with inventiv
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is This Appropriate Way To Memorize Pitches? by Rerun @ Yesterday at 06:41 AM

My aunt had perfect pitch and taught piano at a university for many years ... she sight read and played by ear. Most think it's a gift you are born with that few people have and none can learn ... probably true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69fF
Jump to new posts Re: Original Manufacturer Specs and Stencil Pianos by Olek @ Yesterday at 05:36 AM

Hello, I have a list of more than 150 stencil names and who produced the pianos for most of them (2-3 major builders of the time, proposing the dealer's to put "their" name on the pianos, hence the numerous names. This was probably not a
Jump to new posts Re: taking lessons on a very heavy grand. is it time to upgrade? by littlebirdblue @ Yesterday at 04:31 AM

This is rather late but I wanted to give an update and also to thank everyone for the kind advice. The cabinet-style (?) stand and adjustable bench arrived about 10 days ago and we moved the piano to a smaller, carpeted room. We are so much happier
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Relax Stretch exercises by johan d @ Yesterday at 03:02 AM

Well i think I might have De Quervain again in my left thumb. How do I know: Few years ago i had the same pain i have now, but then it came from dragging bricks whole day long - Diagnosed DQ. I had a cortisone injection and away was the inflammation
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 5.1 by 8 Octaves @ Yesterday at 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Mta88Lol... It was an "awesome" comment I've heard only great things about the new "x" line.. Is it true it's a lot less bright sounding than previous c3s? The C3X is warmer than the C3 and still has a tone
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In search of an acoustic by johan d @ Yesterday at 02:54 AM

Well i don't think the piano is that worse, but the deal went off because i let my son play on it before buying and he rather played our digital more than this one. As i don't want to take away his enthusiasm (and he has), I search some more to find
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Appropriate way to ask questions? by wouter79 @ Yesterday at 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Pover I want to ask the teacher at the conservatory whether or not they know the pieces I want to learn, and if they know how to help me or not. But I want to ask them in a polite way, and avoid sounding condescending or anythi
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Re: This is punny by leel @ Yesterday at 02:27 AM

Groan
Jump to new posts Re: Please analyse and comment on this tuning-thanks by tonyster220763 @ Yesterday at 02:20 AM

Hello friends and thanks for your input. The reason I'm asking is that I have it seems the false impression, that if one clearly hears the beats in a chord (between unisons), then the unisons are good. The way I figured (falsely it seems) is that
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin by Elene @ Yesterday at 01:38 AM

I hope you enjoy "Chopin: Pianist and Teacher," Batuhan. It's a must for anyone who is seriously studying Chopin, I think. Maybe not something to read straight through, because there is so very much information in it, but a great book to
Jump to new posts Re: Linus and Lucy Swing Section by SapporoDave @ Yesterday at 01:12 AM

Haha, I didn't look at the date. Just goes to show that nothing ever dies on the internet! The book looks good. It would be interesting to find out first if his swing parts are different from mine. Best Wishes, Dave
Piano Teachers Forum
Ultimately, at the end of the day, people must have a passion for learning the piano. It takes too long, and involves too much work, over years, to stick with it unless there is a driving passionate motivation to learn to play well. Passion is the e
Jump to new posts Re: Stumbled across this today - Hiromi by rintincop @ Yesterday at 12:06 AM

Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1983 Hamburg Steinway A by angga888 @ 10/19/14 10:21 PM

Hamburg Steinway commands higher resale price especially in USA, because of its rarity. Quality wise, I am sure the newer NY Steinway has been catching up with the Hamburg counterparts, so for that amount of money, you could consider recent-model NY
Jump to new posts Re: Roland 300GX. Advice please. by anotherscott @ 10/19/14 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Marko in BostonGot to say that Kurz sounds very nice and rock solid build BUT they really should address the action. It's ok, sort of a GHS-ish kind of light peculiar action. Not bad by any means, but deserves better on a nice D
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
10/21/14 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
10/21/14 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
10/20/14 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
10/20/14 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Who's Online
115 registered (ando, anotherscott, ajames, anamnesis, AndresD, 34 invisible), 1444 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325988 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission