Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
74 registered (barbaram, AndrewJCW, Adypiano, alerique, 20 invisible), 1143 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: lessons on the principles of Raymond Thiberge by keystring @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By attaboySorry, keystring, but I just don't have time for this kind of discussion activity. ....... But I'm feeling that the bottom line is that I need to practice as much as possible. I also don't have the time, and have things
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Zimmermann piano by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By MaximillyanIt's no Russian piano. I would suggest that it's made in territory East German, Leipzig before 2 World War Thanks for the clarification on that, Max (and Gregor). I do know a little about history (love it too, by-the-w
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts By Royal Appointment by David Rafael @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

30 minute documentary in the UK at 8.30pm this evening on BBC4 (and presumably catch up services?) following the craftspeople behind the making, maintenance and restoration of Steinway Piano's, from factory to restorations in the UK , and Lang Lang p
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Polishing Capstans and Keypins w/ Brasso Really Necessary? by Phil Stewart @ Yesterday at 08:49 AM

My above comment was in reference to the capstan. Didn't realize it was a two-part question. Yes, polishing keypins certainly makes a difference. It allows for firmer bushings. You can always ease keys to get the same friction, but you will end u
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Beginning the transition away from method books by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By Qazsedcft If you like measuring progress why don't you try going through the RCM or ABRSM syllabus? They have very concrete requirements (e.g. scales in specific keys that have to be played at a specific tempo), varied music from
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by Johan B @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

I have to excuse myself for the next period 25 June - 10 July. We have a big rebuilding inside our house and the Kawai will be covered........so we'll live for these days in a holyday house in the area. Do not know if I wll find a piano somewhere.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts All men were created equal then a few became PIANIST by pianitian @ Yesterday at 04:43 AM

Buy this t-shirt- https://teespring.com/piano-player-limited-edi-2541#pid=369&cid=6513&sid=front
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] Undertale ASRIEL Song - Couldn't Save (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 03:46 AM

Hello Undertale and TryHardNinja enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on TryHardNinja's new and final song for his Undertale album based on ASRIEL called "Couldn't Save". Enjoy! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/3Ro8eGGYJFE Piano Tutorial
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The acoustics I get to play on a regular basis, the sustain pedals pop back up with a huge wooden crash -- CLUCK-bphh-CLUCK. I guess there are limits on how realistic we want our digitals.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA 17 by Timpskie @ Yesterday at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesThank you for sharing your performance Tim! Congrats on your impressive progressive in just (less than?) a year of piano study. Keep it up! Cheers, James x I started playing in September last year. But I really lov
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Essay about music lessons via Skype by Nahum @ Yesterday at 01:45 AM

The lessons through Skype have a very big advantage: no need to go anywhere to get the study materials (well, not all); and last but not least: with notation software, the teacher himself can create specific training material for a particular stude
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] FNAF SISTER LOCATION- LEFT BEHIND - DAGames (Piano) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 01:24 AM

Hello FNAF and DAGames enthusiasts, Here is my piano cover on the insane DAGames new song for FNAF sister location called "Left Behind". Enjoy my cover here! Piano Cover https://youtu.be/q2Vt6s_vJG8 Piano Tutorial https://youtu.be/
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 01:11 AM

This week started off a little rocky. I wanted too get back the Chopin Etude Op. 25 No. 1. My hands were tight, middle notes were not sounding. I blocked it in chords, and played with different rhythms to try and relax when stopping. Each day I di
Jump to new posts Re: Korg SV1 - are there still keybed issues? by Mechanism @ 06/26/16 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By drewrstquoting Kbeaumont- bought a black SV-1 73 back in mid 2013 I sold it earlier this year only because I needed the cash. I regret selling it! It never had any issues at all. But I always stored it horizontally....end quote
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Rachmaninoff Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 by Kenan @ 06/26/16 11:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38QXRTGSNnY
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) cover for advanced solo piano! by Kevin Woosley @ 06/26/16 10:38 PM

Here is a video recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LaeF65HAII And here is the sheet music: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/bohe...questid=9651872
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Where to get advanced arrangements? by Kevin Woosley @ 06/26/16 10:30 PM

How about this: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/bohe...questid=9651872 (video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LaeF65HAII) Bohemian Rhapsody for advanced solo piano (very Lisztian in style)
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN35 vs Roland HP603 by eshmh @ 06/26/16 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By bmac.toOriginally Posted By mcollYes, I was just thinking how I would have loved to get a HP603 for a lower price than the CN35. Then, I realised it could be that maybe the CN35 is significantly more expensive there than in Euro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 by hreichgott @ 06/26/16 09:29 PM

yep, that's right in the middle of my July gig, sorry can't make it. Have a great time!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pop Themed Recital - Discussion Thread by h8dk97 @ 06/26/16 08:48 PM

Thanks to everyone who listened and commented on my submission. Although I prefer being critisized :-) your replies are very encouraging.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CN-14 (KDP90) or Yamaha YDP-162 by Kawai James @ 06/26/16 08:35 PM

Congrats Stephano!
Jump to new posts Re: Electric Piano VSTs? by Kawai James @ 06/26/16 08:35 PM

Nice!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2016 by scorpio @ 06/26/16 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By BrianDXOriginally Posted By Jen WeirDarn my day job that keeps getting in the way of my practicing... Me too. But that's what 7-9 PM every night is for. I wish it was that easy. My summer schedule poses many obstacles for m
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Originally Posted By Ed Foote[quote=Ed McMorrow, RPT]The joint between head and tail on ivory keytops is an expansion joint to allow for movement to reduce stresses that may crack the ivory. Ivory also expands and shrinks with humidity like wood. So
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Where do I start? by Charles Cohen @ 06/26/16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By sara elizabethI want to buy a piano or a digital piano. . . Right now I have a keyboard that is working for me as a beginner, but I need to move into something more authentic feeling and with 88 keys. Thanks! sara This probl
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour - July 14, 2016!
Be sure to sign up now!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
New Topics - Multiple Forums
LX-7 and vibrating a control bar
by Celdor
06/28/16 03:41 AM
1995 Petrof P125
by wagwagwag
06/28/16 01:33 AM
Downbeat tempo issues
by MaxM
06/28/16 12:13 AM
Charles R. Walter Pianos
by CarolNJ
06/27/16 10:25 PM
Need help counting this piece.
by Okarin
06/27/16 10:12 PM
Forum Stats
84,143 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,618 Topics
2,536,988 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission