Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
166 registered (anamnesis, 255, amv256, Almaviva, ajames, 43 invisible), 1526 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: String Covers and Volume reduction by BruceD @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

My string cover is on all the time. I have become so used to the tone of the instrument with it on that, on the rare occasion when it has been removed, I find the tone slightly too bright. I certainly don't think that the string cover decreases the
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: I bought a piano! by manyhands @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Congrats on your entry into a world of enjoyment!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scale Break by Del @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By jesp1I own a 1918 Steinway XR (M scale) and have noticed a continuing problem, even after replacing the bass strings. The transition note B2, where the cross takes place from the bass to the treble bridge, has a decidedly nasal t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Schumann Recital - Call for Submissions! by noobpianist90 @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

I got my first piece in. I'm really happy with the recording
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 or CA65? Need guidance by labjr @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

I'm wondering how quickly this is changing? Optical seems like a much better idea than mechanical sensors. Originally Posted By Kawai JamesTritium, gvfarns is correct. The only Kawai instruments that use optical sensors are the 'AnyTimeX' silent
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning Lever System by jim ialeggio @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Mark, Whatever happened to your soft blow, easy on the bod' and ears, gentle flexing of the pin technique??? Most pianists I know, including myself refuse to mash the key abusively and non-musically in testing a string. One can mostly tell when a s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NEUMEYER PIANO by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Yeah, get the serial number and someone might be able to look up its age. As for its value, the fact that it was given to you and it's not in tune probably tells you all you need to know! There's more to pianos than their external cosmetic appearanc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recording your practices by Anita Potter @ Yesterday at 08:33 PM

Mine doesn't have a record function either. And the cell phone app I have to make recordings has a tendency to glitch the recording so listening to the playback on it when it does that makes it impossible. I did try one recording earlier I kept it
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5zcqsUmWrc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Rondo's by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By DamonOriginally Posted By PolyphonistGodowsky made one of his chromatic transcriptions of Opus 16, I'd like to hear that but couldn't find a recording on Youtube. The score is on IMSLP.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Re: New CS200 bosendorfer by chickenlump @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Wow, that just DRIPS with classy. Love the satin finish. I do love them Bosendorfer sound, looking forward to hearing it!
Jump to new posts Re: Got a Kawai MP11 by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

9190, you raise some excellent points, and I do not disagree with your overall argument. However, the fact remains that the MP11 developers decided not to include organ sounds within the instrument, just as they opted not to include pitch bend/modul
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 2 piano pieces by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

How about the scores then?
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended Digital Piano for Accompanying Choral Groups by Kevin_dup1 @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Thanks for the information from Keyboard Magazine -- lots of great reviews/comments. I'll pass it along to our tech expert.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any clues on frequent third beat notes on a metronome? by WinSchutten @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

If anyone is reading this facing the same problem.. Now I found a solution which works for fast paced songs, where they write down triplet notes in order to fit everything in the regular beat. Another song Im practising used gracenotes.. So I now tr
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Vanessa BENELLI MOSELL plays the PLEYEL P204 art case by Wilhelm6 @ Yesterday at 05:19 PM

'Young STEINWAY Artist' Vanessa BENELLI MOSELL from Prato, Tuscany (IT) plays the PEUGEOT designed (Cyrille VAYSON de PRADENNE, FR) PLEYEL 'P204' art case model.
Jump to new posts Re: Perception of tones, partials and beats by alfredo capurso @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By WithindaleOriginally Posted By alfredo capursoHi Ian, It won't be difficult for you to enhance your beat perception for some intervals, especially if you can be helped by someone that tells you what to listen to. Sometimes it is
Jump to new posts Re: The DPBSD Project! by BusyWait @ Yesterday at 04:51 PM

dewster, those are renders using the full version of the Addictive VSTi. I got the virtual instruments really as a reference to understand how good the Roland sound is - sometimes the Roland SuperNatural piano sounded a little uncanny to me, or metal
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving on from mistakes. by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

It's like learning tight rope walking (not that I actually do that): At first, you fall into the net the instant you make any mistake at all. Then you get wobbly and take some time to recover from a mistake. Eventually you can walk the rope like i
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI CA97/67 on youtube! by Piano RX @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

[/quote] They look nice. Wonder when they will be available in the USA. [/quote] I spoke with Kawai USA last week and they told me that both the 67's and 97's should start showing up in dealer showrooms by mid to late March but there is a caveat t
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about dynamic range by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By dewsterOriginally Posted By bjorn of brekkukotI use Pianoteq, and I set my dynamic range to around 50 db, but I wonder: do headphones slightly compress the sound? Should the dynamic range be different, depending on whether you're
Jump to new posts Re: Why not a worm drive to tension strings? by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By TunewerkThat's a good question.. Some say the piano is meant to go out of tune, and the ability of strings on pins to give, along with the crown of the soundboard is supposed to maintain downbearing in the system over time. As
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX vs VI Ravenscroft? by Macy @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By R_BOriginally Posted By jefinhoPhilip_Johnston or yonatan: What do you think of the fact that repedaling is not supported? Do you mis it? Can you hear it? Does anyone know if Garritan will really update the CFX and fix the repe
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wm Knabe & Co 1894 upright grand piano by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Given the age and that everything is original, such a rebuild is going to be close to five digits, if not well in to the five digits.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another hand coordination question by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By Tony RomoI only practice "Hands Separately" if I am figuring out how to finger something difficult, or I am having trouble with some aspect of that phrase that needs specific attention. Otherwise, "Hands Together&
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 >
What's Hot!!
The February 2015 Issue of our Free Piano News Newsletter is out now! FREE Piano Newsletter
--------------------
The best thing I've learned on Piano World....
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
(ad) Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Online Lessons
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to practice the piano without a piano
by Hugh Sung
03/03/15 10:52 AM
the 1878 Steinway at the U. of I. - a recent performance
by Michael Sayers
03/03/15 10:41 AM
Tension buildup when learning a new piece slowly
by Ben Boule
03/03/15 09:59 AM
8 -------
by ster100
03/03/15 09:53 AM
How to give a puny-looking digital piano more stage presence
by Honkytonkman
03/03/15 09:07 AM
Forum Stats
78,379 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,035 Topics
2,379,138 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission