Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
61 registered (Bachus, andyvn579, Beakybird, 18 invisible), 918 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone used Leila Fletcher method? by Palmpirate @ Yesterday at 09:27 AM

Thanks Laguna_greg, I checked back to Happypianomuse and found her information very interesting. Happily I expect I am only filling in for a while until my grandkids can get a spot with my teacher and he can do the more formal teaching. I will be mor
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OK! Yes I have created a monster -- how to fix, please?? by Blues beater @ Yesterday at 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By Blues beater I see the full gamut of DYI in the field of automotive mechanics. There are those that are doomed to make a mess, but there are also those who perform repairs every bit as well as a pro
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "Piano Fantasy In E Minor" by Larry G. Alexander @ Yesterday at 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By Stephen_DoonanAlthough the infectious rhythm is rather regular (with a few very interesting surprises), it's hard to tell where the melody and harmony is going to go next, which makes the piece very interesting. It has the relent
Member Recordings
Just recorded it today.. hope you like it! https://youtu.be/i1RJXGSHFvw
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Timing of the trill Invention no 1 by RaggedKeyPresser @ Yesterday at 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By DreamOfSleepingI've just started learning Bach's invention no 1 and I'm trying to play the trill in the first bar. I've been researching it and I know there is some debate on what notes to play, but I think I will stick with C-B-
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Site update by Eric399 @ Yesterday at 07:02 AM

Wow! That is such a great resource, you must have put hundreds of hours into that. Even more interesting are your own compositions, is it possible to get a PDF of your preludes?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Progress reports? by pianoMom2006 @ Yesterday at 05:54 AM

My son's teacher doesn't but I sit in his lessons so I hear feedback every week.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baroque Themed Recital 2016 Sign Up Thread by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 05:52 AM

Just removing myself from the recital, as I have a little to much going on at the moment. To sign up to the Baroque Themed Recital, hit the quote button of the most recent post with the list in this thread, remove the quote in brackets at the beginn
Member Recordings
Hello Undertale and Natewantstobattle enthusiasts, Enjoy my piano cover on his new song released yesterday called "Promise Me" made for undertale. It's a calming melodious song. I've included a free tutorial teaching you this song if you wa
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] Undertale Genocide Song - "Ashes" (Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 03:39 AM

Hello Undertale and Natewantstobattle enthusiasts, Enjoy my piano cover on his new song released yesterday called Ashes made for undertale. It's an upbeat song with a catchy melody! I've included a free tutorial teaching you this song if you want to
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: A human can be as exact as a metronome?. help!! by Opus_Maximus @ Yesterday at 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By rovIs this little difference in tempo of 1-2 bpm something to worry about? Hi Rov, I think you have a slight misconception about tempo/metronomes. Except for the times when you are actually playing WITH a metronome, playing is
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2016 by torquenale @ Yesterday at 03:15 AM

This is my fourth year of MOYD, and it's ingrained in my life. It's a pleasure, not hard work. Except that yesterday I did not play at all. No really excuse, but after a stressful week full of every kind of obligations... I completely forgot!! T
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Returning to play after 35 years ! by Groove On @ Yesterday at 02:28 AM

One of the best things I did when I re-started a year ago was to actively cultivate a rich informal learning environment. It's keeps me very motivated, focused and continuously learning and improving. Mainly I made more friends in the local music com
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: new piano, but too bright by Toddler2 @ Yesterday at 12:27 AM

Late to this thread, but I'm going to have to agree with acoustic treatments group here. You can make a room act larger, or you can make a piano sound different. You can't voice the piano so it will sound the way it sounded to the OP in the large roo
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody know Tim? by Anne Francis @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

Possibly... is he an SEO guy?
Piano Teachers Forum
I would start working on expression immediately if the student is playing music at that level but not yet playing expressively. Get some short pieces with interesting dynamic contrasts, engaging mood, and that really pop if you phrase and articulate
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts cat red dot by Monica K. @ 02/05/16 08:32 PM

cat photo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Doing Recording vs Live Performance by SiFi @ 02/05/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By SiFiI thought I was creating a new account and used my FB persona/credentials to log in. Then it turns out I'm DAT_____DOE with a passion for Datsik, Skrillex, and other fine Dubstep artists. Coul
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonHi, Brendan -- thanks for the posting! Particularly for the Frescobaldi and the Janacek -- IMO, both of them sound like no one else in the composing world, and you very rarely hear either one. In the Sonata, I ca
Adult Beginners Forum
Thanks Montuno, that helps.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Satie Gymnopedie Wierdness by Johan B @ 02/05/16 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By Sam SNow this is just weird - fascinating, but weird. You have to listen to this: "A sound artist named Brendan Landis, who records as Hey Exit, has created a fascinating piece by combing every known recording of Satie’s
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a piano teacher, what I have to look for? by musicpassion @ 02/05/16 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By loginNevertheless back in august my teacher suggested to start learning proper pieces, starting from simple ones. The first one was Chopin Prelude in E minor, and while I learned it I felt stuck and really have make no progress s
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by JimF @ 02/05/16 06:33 PM

Well done, mom3. Keep it up!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How do say this to a professor? by Carey @ 02/05/16 06:31 PM

Incongruous - How far along you are with your studies at your current school? Are you going to graduate this year - or are you still a year or two away from graduation? It is not unusual for students to change direction half way through their und
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm not happy with my piano teacher... by Johan B @ 02/05/16 05:56 PM

Just ask for another teacher or just look for some other. Good relation and no frustrations is first condition for music education...... Kind regards, Johan B
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $4700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need help! Anyone know about Kawai DS-8B ?
by Winkplay
02/06/16 11:31 PM
hunidifier system
by andyvn579
02/06/16 08:37 PM
HELP - GEM RealPiano RP800 - PROBLEM
by PocatelloAVS
02/06/16 05:10 PM
Speaking of Estonia ...
by BruceD
02/06/16 02:15 PM
What is the piece starting at 7:18?
by pianoloverus
02/06/16 01:41 PM
Forum Stats
82,503 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,316 Topics
2,492,948 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission