Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What key signature are you? by fizikisto @ Yesterday at 06:36 PM

I'm G Mixolydian. or possibly a smart alec.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By: WeakkyHere's the result: http://youtu.be/PZYqt7mhfXg Yes, that is the idea. There is something not quite right in your LH pattern, and also in your main recording, 2nd try (which is sounding better btw). If you look at what wa
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What's "Héroïde-élégiaque"? by Goomer Piles @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

I'm sorry that I jumped to a conclusion there, and I apologize to you for that - and to everyone else here who really does make an effort to be helpful. I had inferred that 'héroïde' had at its root something to do with the English word 'hero', whic
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New U.S. Ivory Regulations - Piano Buyer Blog by Olek @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Copied from Linkedin : I recieved the following from the PTG yesterday but since it concerns ALL piano techs, members or not, I feel it is important to share it with everyone. Several recent developments have occurred regarding the proposed restric
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By: bennevisOriginally Posted By: PlowboyOriginally Posted By: MkenThis guy: Quote:Tony Cicoria was a doctor specializing in orthopedic medicine. He was struck by lightning one night and instead of dying like a normal person, grew
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: M-Audio Oxygen 88 vs. StudioLogic Numa Compact by Digitalguy @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: KbeaumontThe Oxygen 88 replaced the ProKeys88 / Keystation 88 both had the same weighted action the only difference was one had sounds the other was strictly a controller. The Oxygen 88 might be better, but I was so disgusted w
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in G by Ritzycat @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

Noticed a few errors in my score (notably the last few measures not being treble on the left hand) http://www.scribd.com/doc/235479079/Impromptu-in-G There is the updated score.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts EPP2014 Restaurant - Trip Advisor by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

EPP2014 Restaurant - Trip Advisor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help with a Bluthner by joe80 @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

It's probably ok but if you want a Bluthner from that period, the 6' 3 model is superior to the 7' in all honesty. With or without aliquot it's not important. Patent actions are beautiful if properly set up and restored, and yes Bluthner from that t
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend me a setup for jamming at home by de cajon @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: GretelIs the loop station on your computer or is it a dedicated device? Do you control it in realtime while you play? It's a piece of hardware - foot control. A Roland RC-300. I used to have an Akai Headrush which essentially
I just believe you add a bit more salt, so we are sure that the taste is "salted" . Does not give a clue about the smell, however
Jump to new posts Re: Which digital piano has the heaviest keys? by gvfarns @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: AlanDThe heaviest keys were probably the first generation Kawai MP8. The MP8II was a bit lighter and that seems to be the trend going forward (but lighter keys potentially allow for faster action). Yup, this sounds right. I
Jump to new posts Re: GHS improved over time? by gvfarns @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

Yeah, we've king of been saying for years that while Yamaha calls their actions the same thing for years and years, they must be making small changes here and there. I have played GH3 actions made in very different years and to me they seemed quite
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board? by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

some rebuilders of vintage pianos and antique furniture dealers recommend humidity 55-65%. If you buy a damp chaser then your only option is to use the wet version , i believe it's set at 50%RH. Better yet is another adjustable system called moist
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Proper chunking method by Ataru074 @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: TimR With easy beginner pieces that may not be as much of a problem. But one of the reasons for chunking is to simplify enough that you can play something at tempo. So I would suggest adding in at least a little bit of work wi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Jazz pianists and posture by keystring @ Yesterday at 01:32 PM

I disagree with much of what is in this post. Originally Posted By: Sweet06I think you guys are super caught up on something that's not important. From a physical therapy point of view, posture is good to keep well for your own health sake, unless y
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Hard Starting Intermediate by frankeric @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

I'm on my third reading of Music Theory for Idiots, hate that title but love the book, and have run into something I don't understand: Degree-Wise Transposition. Maybe I need to restate this: I understand how to use it, seems like a great tool, howev
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Piano oriented film soundtracks/scores. by aDino @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VeBGkTvy1o An older one w/great piano thruout the piece. Try as I may, I havent been able to find the name of the pianist on this.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got my piano by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

My brother went very bald in about a month when he was in his early twenties. It hasn't afflicted me and is unlikely to do so now. I hope I haven't compromised my security with that photo! I don't do Faecesbook or any of that sort of thing. I think
Adult Beginners Forum
Barbaram - glad your book arrived! You're right, one of the biggest things is to read the instructions carefully, then try the exercises, and then read again to see if you're missing anything. Re VP#1, I think when you're saying the notes, one secon
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha NU1 problems by Bluesinlondon @ Yesterday at 09:41 AM

It's been a while since my original post, I thought I'd come back with an update. I've had the NU1 for a year now. I've had three separate issues, each requiring a tech visit to put right. To be fair to Yamaha, there has never been a problem about
Piano Forum
The problem winpiano with that route is, it'd be way too expensive and out of my budget to buy a new one, when in many cases, the 2 weinbach's on offer here, whilst they are old stock and thus might need some attention, are basically new for like hal
Jump to new posts Re: Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services? by Giancarlo Robles @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

That actually sounds like the best idea Charles! Getting them to my house should not be too much trouble (it's pretty close to church). I was actually considering that since the PX-350 is excellent. At the very least if they decide not to buy the
Jump to new posts Re: Functionality of the Casio Privia SP-33 3 pedal unit by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

It sounds like a successful gig. Congratulations! . Charles
Jump to new posts Re: Broken Butt Plate - Replacement part? by Craig Hair @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

MusicNow, In the mail. Craig
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (ando, alans, ajames, 48 invisible), 1707 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75596 Members
42 Forums
156306 Topics
2295633 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mason & Hamlin BB with Live Performance
by eugene_bb
07/31/14 12:50 PM
Temperament and Western Music Common Intervals
by prout
07/31/14 12:44 PM
P80 for £150
by LarryShone
07/31/14 11:26 AM
Happy Birthday torquenale !!!!
by CarlosCC
07/31/14 08:26 AM
compositional methods
by Michael Sayers
07/31/14 08:03 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission