Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
135 registered (agraffe, Anne'sson, Alex MacPhee, anamnesis, 36251, 34 invisible), 1344 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Originally Posted By ShiroKuroDo you use the AirTurn with your left foot? I have a few pieces that I use the soft pedal for, so that might take some coordination, but it should be manageable. I hope you don't mind me barging in on the conversation,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Pianoteq 6! by sempianist @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

The newest upgrade/bug-fix for Pianoteq 5 was released last month (22nd april, Version 5.6.2). It seems that they renew the program every 2-3 years... Maybe we should wait 2017 for Pianoteq 6? Cheers Semih
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Victoria Conservatory of Music Summer Academy by ClsscLib @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Thanks, Deborah!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Impromptu on 'Picardy' by Jack Hodkinson @ Yesterday at 03:32 PM

'Picardy' is a beautiful and recognisable hymn tune, based on a French carol and adapted by Ralph Vaughan Williams in 1906 for the hymn 'Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence'. It was published in The English Hymnal and has since become very popular, par
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Impromptu on 'Picardy' by Jack Hodkinson @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

'Picardy' is a beautiful and recognisable hymn tune, based on a French carol and adapted by Ralph Vaughan Williams in 1906 for the hymn 'Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence'. It was published in The English Hymnal and has since become very popular, par
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Problem of twanging note solved by voicing - however now there is an octave with a rather hard sound (it improved - or I got used to it - after an hour of playing). Now technician inspection beckons...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Questions About Replacing Piano by oldmancoyote @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By Rickster I went to look at an older upright piano once, and asked the owner if I could remove the foot-board and look at the bridgesHe probably had no idea there were "bridges" in his piano. Bridge is something his mum
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 F30 Pedal functioning incorrectly by elAbad @ Yesterday at 02:50 PM

To all: I agree with everything you've said....all of you. And to complete the record correctly, the 435 kms consist of a round trip......it is only 218 one-way. That being as it may, I've already left a message with the person I spoke to in K-EU wh
Jump to new posts Re: Soft pedal problem after tuning. by Bob @ Yesterday at 02:40 PM

The O.P. said the issue started after the piano was tuned, and happens only when the soft pedal is depressed. Boston grand pianos often have a heavy touch to begin with. I would imagine the tech adjusted the soft pedal at time of tuning.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bechstein in Jerusalem by oldmancoyote @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

http://bechstein.com/fileadmin/media/doc...Old_bis2001.pdf If your recollection of the serial number is correct, it would place it around 1890. A mere stripling.
Piano Forum
Enjoy playing your new piano, and in two weeks, or anytime thereafter, you can have your tuner come to tune it. Many people wait longer than two weeks because the piano is in relatively good tune. It's up to you.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Diabelli Variations blog by beet31425 @ Yesterday at 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By nhpianos#32 - The Fugue http://nhpianos.com/diabelli-variation-32/ One interesting thing about this fugue is that it's in Eb. I think you previously mentioned the similarity between the last variation and op.111 (I think that
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Little waltz (serious) by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

That is a wonderful Chopin pastiche. It's nice to know you're capable of a high level of artistry when you want to.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: POP Recital, Sign Up Thread by JoBert @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Sign Up List: The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice - Greg D. Burt Bacharach - Close to You - Greener Elton John - Daniel - Greener Journey - Don't Stop Believin' - Greener Joe Raposo - Bein' Green - Greener Fred Rogers - Mr. Rogers Neighborhood - Gr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to improve my playing? by Panolof @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By Cedric De BoomHi there, I'll start with some background info: I have been playing the piano since I was 4 or 5 years old, started out by taking keyboards lessons from age 8 until 11, and then classical piano from age 12 until l
Jump to new posts Re: Damper Spring Rail? by Beemer @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Very good. My enthusiasm for regulating has not been dampened 😆 Ian
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Rachmaninoff op 32 no 10 - una corda? by cagal @ Yesterday at 10:44 AM

That's interesting. I have three versions from varying sources and none indicate una corda. I generally use urtext versions myself (but I can't be sure in this case as two versions are from online sources and the other is a 70 year old A. Gutheil e
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
You could try contacting through this site: http://www.frankmills.com/
Jump to new posts Re: No capstans and question about damper lift by Beemer @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

Amanda, Very interesting comment from you. Next time I am communicating with Knut in Leipzig I will ask about the damper system. Ian
Jump to new posts Re: A crazy Kawai cs8 question... by ADWyatt @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By spanishbuddhaI have a cabinet DP finished in PE and silver lettering of the brand on the front. I too preferred the gold finish when I was considering the purchase but went ahead. As time has gone my perception has changed, and I
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by sixfootpianist @ Yesterday at 09:52 AM

Thank you for replying. I've already got the USB Driver setting set to "original" (forgot to mention that in my original post). It's interesting that you have to subtract 1 from your PC number. Changing the PC number doesn't make any diffe
Member Recordings
Hello Undertale and TryHardNinja enthusiasts! Bringing you a piano cover on Tryhardninja's new song for undertale called "Judgement". It has an awesome intro, and the chorus is very catchy too! Enjoy~ Piano Cover https://youtu.be/XrC_pUJQQi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair value for 1984 Yamaha G-2 Satin finish? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By Steve CohenHi Rickster. You don't need facebook to view any part of Piano buyer. Here's a link to the depreciation tables. What's It Worth? These tools may not always be spot on, but they are quite useful in most instances.
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Dscally@ian Many thanks! And who does the dusting in your house? You or your wife? Or the staff? ;-) Dscully, My wife is not allowed to even breathe on it I have the under-butler wash his hands, remove his rings, cufflinks a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mozart or Beethoven the better composer? by joe80 @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

Mozart is better. No, wait, Beethoven is. Oh probably Fanny Mendelssohn is better.
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
ear training
by Sylwek
05/29/16 02:03 PM
Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement Notation Question
by JBR
05/29/16 01:55 PM
Poll: Faune vs La mer
by JoelW
05/29/16 01:54 PM
Spanish Translation Help, Please?
by ClsscLib
05/29/16 01:49 PM
1903 Chickering Quarter Grand 121
by David68
05/29/16 01:30 PM
Forum Stats
83,802 Registered Members
44 Forums
173,015 Topics
2,528,957 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission