Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Ad
Let Your Piano Sing
Let Your Piano Sing
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
84 registered (AZ_Astro, Anne'sson, agraffe, accordeur, alwatson, 26 invisible), 1866 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-990 or CLP-585? by pmh @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

And here is me thinking 'at last a serious discussion about the top end CLP's' and then Pete's post cuts in and it all goes to custard.....
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Damper pedal causing strings to vibrate by Phil Stewart @ Yesterday at 02:25 PM

Where abouts in California are you? I know a few technicians out there that maybe able to assist you.
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop recommendations for Virtual Piano - CFX by newer player @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Update - Disabling C-States has improved performance significantly. And does not require me to disable the anti-virus software for good latency performance. C-States essentially allow the CPU to sleep and wake on demand. Deep sleeping C-States ta
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: Why a cat is better than a piano by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 01:18 PM

Parrots, Macaws, Cockatoos and Budgies are the most intelligent domestic birds. The most intelligent birds overall are Ravens and Crows. Unfortunately.
Jump to new posts Re: Music stand for M-Audio by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

I think most stands are rest-on-top with rubber feet, unless they're specific furniture stands designed for a particular model. Some people craft their own stands, but I don't think you're going to find anything like a VESA or ANSI standard for keybo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Little Kids, part 2 by SonatainfSharp @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

I may be old-school on this, but this is why I generally won't start girls until they are 8, and boys until they are 9, with very few exceptions. (I did have a 5yo boy once that was an amazing student. But only one out of 150+ students...) I prefer t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My forced Sabbatibrokenbonical! by Sam S @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Love your attitude! Sam
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How to Use Czerny School of Velocity by Carey @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By Just StevenOriginally Posted By BbAlteredSo if I have two hours of practice time, would it be more advantageous for me to spend two hours playing Bach, or one hour of Bach, and one hour of Hanon/Czerny? You should be able to pla
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha's CLP 585 or 575 + speakers by emmaco @ Yesterday at 10:34 AM

I didn't like it. Much more like an upright piano (for me). I'll wait Yamaha's new products at NAMM 2017. The sound of the CLP-585 is incredible... It really feels like being in front of a grand piano !... It must be very difficult to have this so
Jump to new posts Re: Is there a list of certified Piano Disc technicians? by Eric Gloo @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

I did receive a reply from PianoDisc with some contact information. Thanks for your comments.
Jump to new posts Re: Chickering serial numbers and models? by Sskraly @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

Hi Greg, Are you able to tell me what the sales ledgers say about my Quarter Grand serial number 134469 (1920s vintage)? Family lore said that it was originally owned by one of the Gershwin brothers :-)! Thanks!
Jump to new posts Community involvement? by RonTuner @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Hi all - busy season is here! I wanted to share a video from our little community chorus from last weekend - the Hinsdale Chorale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ffE_HWBA7c I only began singing in some local groups again a few years ago - almo
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Well, we can speculate and argue on the reason for that but I would suggest that if you really wish to find out why they do that .... Ask them. Ask 3 or 4 of them and you should get some sort of general feel for the reason for it. Then you can com
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Want to learn Jazz - looking for song book by dmd @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Here are some authentic sounding jazz tunes written for late elementary players. They also have more for intermediate players. These also include an "improvisation" section written out. Of course, it is not really improvisation since i
Member Recordings
LeafyIsHere Intro Song - the eye of truth - driver [sampled from misty] (Piano Cover + Tutorial) Leafy enthusiasts ahoy! Here is my piano cover on the beautiful Intro Song used by Leafy called "the eye of truth" by driver (sampled from ano
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-535 or CLP-545? by Belger1900 @ Yesterday at 07:23 AM

If you are fixed on buying Yamaha, then I would go for the 545. Better key action and better speaker system.
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendation Beyerdynamic DT 770/880/990 by Belger1900 @ Yesterday at 07:21 AM

If anyone needs a pair of 598se I have a second brand new pair laying around.
Jump to new posts Re: CA67 or HP603 ??? by tarobabette @ Yesterday at 06:49 AM

Hi Composergirl, 6 months on, I wonder how you've been going with the HP603? I'm facing a similar decision as you did and can't make a decisions. Like you, I play mostly classical, so am most concerned with the grand piano sound. Would love to hear
Jump to new posts Re: please use your DP or software to render this MIDI file... by sorrownightingale @ Yesterday at 05:18 AM

Morodiene,really impressed by Sonivox 88 ... its dynamic range equals Vintage D. What about its playability and pedal behavior?
Jump to new posts Re: Decent price for CP5? by peterws @ Yesterday at 04:39 AM

There`s one in our shop going for £1100. Nice wooden feeling action. It`s been there a long time, I tried it out.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grotrian upright, 110 cm, model "Samba" ? by Marco M @ Yesterday at 03:36 AM

Sam, thank you very much for the insights! I will travel to see the Grotrian from the 1950s, then. Its action and soundboard are not as old as the action of the 1929 instrument, and the shop offering it ca be assumed to not sell garbage, the shop act
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin's 4th Ballade by Tubbie0075 @ Yesterday at 02:55 AM

Etude No. 3?
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts boss by FrankCox @ Yesterday at 01:35 AM

boss
Jump to new posts Re: WM Knabe 1926 5'8 grand by manykeys @ Yesterday at 12:42 AM

Fortunately the action was the first task and has been completed. The tech was adamant that we should wait with the reshaping of the hammers (which have had little use)until after the bass was restrung. The restrung bass is settling in very well, alt
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts eery - Her (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial) by Amosdoll @ Yesterday at 12:20 AM

eery - Her (Piano Cover + Piano Tutorial) Enjoy my piano cover of the beautiful jazzy piano sample from the song by eery called "Her". Perhaps learn it for yourself using my piano tutorial too linked in the comments below Piano Cover http
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
What's Hot!!
Our Latest Free Newsletter!
-------------------
Some New Piano World STATS

-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Piano Lamps - Piano Lights
Piano Lamp by cocoweb - free shipping
New in Piano World's online store PianoSupplies.com , beautiful piano lamps from cocoweb. Free shipping! (continental U.S.).
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R?
by BillM
12/02/16 05:24 PM
Your Video Christmas Card from TromboneAl
by TromboneAl
12/02/16 04:54 PM
Digital Piano for Never Ever Adult
by vintagevt
12/02/16 04:53 PM
Looking for some info on my Piano
by Corey617
12/02/16 02:06 PM
Thumb whilst playing - Straight or Bent?
by dbach
12/02/16 11:50 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
85,749 Registered Members
44 Forums
176,758 Topics
2,575,846 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission