Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
105 registered (Almaviva, Anne'sson, ando, anamnesis, 30 invisible), 1274 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Members from Hong Kong pls check in! by zyxwvu @ Today at 03:38 AM

Thanks Phacke! you know what's so good about pianoworld? encouragements from pianists around the world really warm my heart! =)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2015 by SwissMS @ Today at 03:24 AM

AndreaS85 - Welcome! I have added you to the list. Stubble - Enjoy your trip! I have recorded the 17th as excused.
My New Piano!
Jump to new posts Kawai it will be, but MP7 or CN35? by Peter L @ Today at 02:29 AM

Hi evenyone, My name is Peter and I'm new to the forum. Also new to the world of piano's, but I would like to start and learn. I have searched the internet over and over, and I am sure I like the sound of Kawai. I would like to spend at max 1500 -
Adult Beginners Forum
You might be interested to watch another one of our members offerings (Amaruk). He also likes to dabble with the presentation, I think this one is his gold standard:
Pianist Corner
Hi Turn-table: yes! would be great to meet up on reg day and explore the area! my flight will arrive 930 in the morning. probably gonna take me around 2-3 hours to reach campus. Since reg doesn't start till 3pm, I actually planned to check out the p
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Van Cliburn "Amateur" Competition 2016 by Mark_C @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverus....and told him that some people claimed ego wasn't a big part of it.... I don't think many of us have said that. Speaking as someone who was perhaps one of the 'ringleaders' on what you're referring to, I sure never
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by Mario2015 @ Yesterday at 11:29 PM

Thanks for your response regarding tempo Brian.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DAWs by bill5 @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

English please. EDM? Side chaining? It looks like you can't record at all w/that basic version.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Liszt - Piano Sonata in B minor (live) by Kuanpiano @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Hey everybody, This is my live performance of the Liszt sonata, which took place around two years after my last performance of it. There are a few slips here and there, but I hope you enjoy the performance. Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fair price for a 1994 Baldwin R with player system? by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By yorijan12musicpassion: I'm in the Chicagoland region. Not sure if that means prices are higher or lower compared to LA Unfortunately I don't know. Generally, CA is low.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: machine for playing in new pianos by Rich Galassini @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By John MartinHi Rich , Thanks for the pic . Can you tell me what you use ? Also do you know where I can purchase a solution. Yours in Harmony John Martin Tuner X already mentioned it. Video of Playola
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade to Kawai CA97 or buy speakers? by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

ADWyatt, I think that sounds like a good plan. Best of luck. Kind regards, James x
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Opened up my Chickering Brothers Grand by pianoman9 @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Ok, good news: It could be that the issue with the leg bolt screwing into the keyframe could have shifted the action into a mellow position, because after grinding down that bolt, and re-installing the action, the tone is brighter. This is good, be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for a new grand piano! by twocats @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By michaelhaBosendorfer's have that effect on people. the SMP is $178K for the 225, I wonder what type of discounts you can expect for a Bosendorfer? Are they more/less non-negotiable or are they like Yamaha's where the street price
Jump to new posts Re: ROLAND RD-800 USER THREAD by Rusty Mike @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

The first thing to do is make sure your MIDI channels match between the part on your RD and the lower manual channel on your Hammond.
Jump to new posts Re: Right Speaker makes a buzzing noise by peterws @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By TonyTroutHey, gang!! I know it's been a long time (almost two years!) since I last posted here (health issues with my heart were the cause of me not posting) but I found out the problem with the buzzing and it's the speaker.
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Class for Alec by frog97 @ Yesterday at 12:59 PM

Just for fun, a public class for my son, age 11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koq4MUwsYIo Minuet in C Major-Beethoven Waltz, OP.12 No.2 - Grieg
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which method book contains... by R0B @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Just happy to be helpful :-)
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it bad to tap-in a pin? by Ed Foote @ Yesterday at 10:42 AM

Greetings, I believe it was some years ago that either Jim Coleman, Ernie Juhn, or another of our esteemed legacy members, demonstrated the difference in the foot and top of the pin. It was done by drilling a hole in the bottom of a tuning pin so
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: iRealPro Question for Jazz Pianists by knotty @ Yesterday at 09:33 AM

I will suggest a different approach which is to think it terms of scales and voices rather than chords and voicings for your left hand. Learning voicings in 12 keys is great, because it will teach you to hang on any tune. But it is a very contrived
Jump to new posts Re: Let's Talk Weddings by Piano Girl RMG @ Yesterday at 09:00 AM

The funky white boy version of the "Wassail Song?" I think you need to revisit that, Greg, this time with cell phone camera readily available. Speaking of which—here is a short video about my recent trip to Paris. Cherchez la pianiste.
FAQ - Tuner-Technicians Forum
Beyond material cost, and a bit of added labor, why does a company charge more for a longer piano? Because they can ...
Jump to new posts Re: Is it necessary for pianists learn play drums? by Nahum @ Yesterday at 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By KlinkKlonkNecessary for what exactly? Is it necessary for pianist to be able to make a suave pasta sauce? No, but it's not an altogether unappreciated skill. Is it necessary for pianists to have read Virginia Woolf? No, but I wis
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By DamonI don't know, but I would say that about Chopins Opus 61 and Liszts Dante Sonata. I don't think either one is very fragmented, maybe the Chopin a little bit, but I doubt others would agree too much with me. I only enjoy a
Originally Posted By augustm I see people with these fantastic sample libibraries on the forum -- so fantastic that one is not enough and ask myself what I am missing. I can try pianoteq, which is interesting but I would not use it. But the others..
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
04/17/15 10:19 PM
Hi im NEW
by DigitalC
04/17/15 09:42 PM
I want to publish a thank you. Please check.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
04/17/15 08:55 PM
new Yamaha P-105, headphones don't turn off speakers
by carojm36
04/17/15 07:28 PM
Lifespan of a Mason & Hamlin (1952, but barely used)
by Tickle88ivory
04/17/15 06:57 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,941 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,317 Topics
2,397,165 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission