Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2014 by casinitaly @ Today at 09:26 AM

Ok, so ...checking in after the Lisbon EPP. I managed to play on the Thursday, Friday and of course the Saturday - but no piano time for me on the Sunday or Monday--- we got home after midnight! So, I am excused for July 6 and 7.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano teachers do not accept digital piano by childofparadise2002 @ Today at 08:42 AM

Not sure if the OP is still reading this, and I haven't read all the replies yet, but just want to add that an alternative is renting an acoustic piano. This is what we did when my older kid started. Depending on location and particular availabilit
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Re: Game of Throne as Chopin Study Improvisation by tonyster220763 @ Today at 08:01 AM

awesome piece of work Javier. Do you mind if I share it on my fb account???
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
A higher Damper Resonance will create a balooning or booming sound on the F3 note. That's why I lowered it to 3.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Millennium III action by Berlicum @ Today at 07:03 AM

When a jack in a ABS Carbon action isn't exactly placed in the center of the whippen, can I then use the same way to place it in the middle as in the case of a wooden action? Many thanks for your reply, Frans ter Beek
Jump to new posts Re: (WNG flanges)+(wooden shanks)=good idea? by Olek @ Today at 06:14 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnSprung Perhaps make your wooden shanks by splitting the wood into blanks and then turning them on a lathe. That way you get the grain of the wood parllel to the surface of the shank, and reduce one of the variables. T
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Improvisation in C by Polyphonist @ Today at 04:40 AM

Another Improvisation. This one is completely through-composed, save 4 bars, hence the title. While the beginning is indicated Moderato, the marking is more reflective of the mood than the tempo; it should be played freely at around 72 per bar. In me
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Greatest Piano Virtuoso on the Planet! by AZ_Astro @ Today at 04:33 AM

"Still, some 34 years later, Koko has a vocabulary of over 1000 signs, and can understand more than 2000 English words." Taken from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lancashire/plain/A15826386
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai VPC1 by rnaple @ Today at 04:16 AM

The bags just created another problem for me. The problem is that I like them. Doh! I'll probably keep some of them. Maybe use the material on my soffits? I'll build soffits, since they definitely work better. If I tried to come close with these bag
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How do I sell a piano by JohnSprung @ Today at 03:03 AM

We're flying blind here as to the condition and value of the piano. The place to start is with a good tuner/technician who can tune it up, do some minor regulation and repairs as necessary, and give you an expert opinion on what it needs and what it
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scriabin: Sonata #2 in g-sharp minor, op. 19 by Mark_C @ Today at 02:14 AM

I'm a little late coming in on this, but wanted to say, I loved it too. I also have always felt the same wonderment about the 2nd movement as what Arghhh said, but easily resolved it as per what you said.... Quote:....the details of each note are le
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Piano and weight training by Auntie Lynn @ Today at 12:52 AM

I have done extensive weight training for years. It builds stamina in the performer, and with my schedule, I need it...
Jump to new posts Re: How Close to a Wall and Still Remove Grand Piano Action? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

I second Tim's suggestion if possible. I like a full three feet between the keyboard and any immovable obstruction.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KDP90 ; Casio PX-350, Kawai CL36 by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: PedrojbP . . . "Also the PX-350 has Line Outs, so you can add better monitors (speakers) later on for improved sound. The sounds themselves on the Casio are quite nice" --> I already thought of this, yet there is
Jump to new posts Re: User Recordings on Digital Pianos - all are welcome to post by johnlewisgrant @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: sullivangJohn: Who made the "Orchestral Grand"? I've never heard of that one. Lovely sound! Thanks, Greg. Here's their site. http://www.orchestraltools.com/libraries/the_orchestral_grands.php The Steinway D samp
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One off lessons by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Of course we do. I send students up to PLU for summer lessons because I like to travel part of the summer. I'm here for the next 4 wks, so if you need a couple of lessons this summer, give me a call.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to Play Songs with Chords and Inversions in 5 steps! by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Uh, Greg, you do realize that this is a piano teacher's forum?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: July Concert Program - Signup and Planning Thread by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Update: ec would like to remove the Mazurka and replace it with Chopin Op 25 no 7, which I'd like to place after the two Op 10 etudes.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need some recomendations for addons for a silent grand by Jason Soby @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude op.25 no.6 by carey @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Bravo Andrew !!!!!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Horace Silver passed away. by gsmonks @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Wow. I had no idea he was still alive.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Who doesn't like classical music? by gsmonks @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael MartinezOriginally Posted By: gsmonks[ Oh, really? Cite us some examples of great American literature wherein the writer thereof doesn't possess a fairly comprehensive understanding and command of grammar. There's a di
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does Independent Piano Technician really exist? by Norbert @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

When love is chosen relying on the advice of others trouble "can" and often does follow. Follow your heart, and chances are you will be lucky [hopefully..] When a piano is chosen relying on the advice of others it's often same story. Foll
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Soft Pedal by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DelOriginally Posted By: wouter79Yes sometimes the middle pedal is not even connected ;-) Several manufacturers, during the 1960s and 70s, built pianos with three pedals the middle of simply had a spring under it to hold it up.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new (to me) piano by phacke @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

Cool story. Congrats. best wishes-
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
120 registered (AmateurBob, anotherscott, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1548 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75334 Members
42 Forums
155752 Topics
2286787 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Whatever happened to pianist David Bean?
by John Pels
31 minutes 44 seconds ago
New member! I hope you enjoy my piano.
by Stephen K
Today at 05:57 PM
NP31 and CDP120
by chessman
Today at 04:35 PM
Petrof or Baldwin
by stargazer200529
Today at 03:27 PM
Trichord string diameters Tallinn Grands
by Goof
Today at 02:51 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission