Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student cancelling last minute recital by keystring @ Yesterday at 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: MaggieGirlThis situation requires a teacher who has empathy and experience in working with kids who are anxious. People say, I wish my parents didn't let me quit or I quit because I hate recitals and then what happens? They qu
Piano Forum
Sally, thanks for doing the "Lord's Work".
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude by noobpianist90 @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Alternative link
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acrosonic Grand ?? by BGrantier @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

Thanks to all. Agree, Monarch seems the best bet, and the number works for 1927.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Study Group - Mozart Sonata n13 KV 333 by Doritos Flavoured @ Yesterday at 01:59 PM

funny, I thought I would be able to edit my post. Anyway, now I'm following the UR text edition found here: http://dme.mozarteum.at/DME/nma/nmapub_srch.php?l=2 here's the part I was able to cover on week one, measures 1 to 10: Most hard par
Jump to new posts Re: Bluthner 5694 underway by Strings & Wood @ Yesterday at 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: WilliamTruittWhether or not one thinks it practical or cost effective to do this kind of work, anyone with a sense of balance has to admire the craftsmanship and perseverance by Craig and his crew in undertaking a project of thi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Construction? by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve CohenThere are some VERY loose semantics on this thread. Although rough, there are guidelines for the work done when repairing, reconditioning and rebuilding. I agree Steve, but I think the thrust of the original argument
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Hymn Arrangement by Cherub Rocker @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

This was my prelude two Sundays ago. And I'm sure that Liszt piece sounds very familiar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPt32gl0jFo
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Invention in F minor by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

A nice exposition!
Originally Posted By: Craig Hair The upright market is flooded in the northeast, so Steinway uprights are available at a bargain. Mine are the ones with the most wear, so they need too much to be just patched up. And, thankfully, I have no time to
Jump to new posts Re: Contact info for Bill Bremmer? by Emmery @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

Bill, please don't misunderstand my posting as being abrasive or similar in nature. I too agree that a unison should be "one sound", a clear one at that..I suppose some others are taking a bit of leeway with that term in regards to a bit o
Jump to new posts Re: Scarlatti Sonata in B minor K87 by jazzyprof @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: BachMach2This gentle sonata is tricky with some challenging left hand stretches. Here I play it with repeats and without sustaining pedal. Scarlatti Sonata in B minor K87 https://app.box.com/s/l0567z3ik2ol2ru4p3a7 Actually th
Jump to new posts Re: Follow up on rebuilt Steinway by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Ed McMorrow, RPTChasingrainbows, Maybe if you made a video of the piano showing the various faults we could comment more accurately. Still, you do describe a "problem child" piano. I am so sorry you are having this e
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: OT: These guys don't edit by ShiroKuro @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

8 Octaves, I know what you mean, I'm not fond of piano abuse either! If they hadn't tipped them on their sides, it wouldn't have seemed so cruel! Whizbang, I was wondering about that. In the credits (which on the YouTube page not in the video) it li
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by alberto @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

I've uploaded on my soundcloud page some free/open improvisations. You can hear them here https://soundcloud.com/alberto-forino any kind of feedback is very welcomed aL
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts H.Kriebel Grand piano any information appreciated by Harryhere @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

H.Kriebel Grand piano any information appreciated, about its history and it quality etc. Many thanks Harry
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Some inspiration. by jehalliday @ Yesterday at 08:23 AM

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but I saw this on a Facebook page for a going gray support group: http://www.godfruits.com/7492/just-an-ol...live.php?ref=14 A sad life story, but obviously very gifted.
Jump to new posts Re: Tunelab: Recording exam tuning for assessment by Robert Scott @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

Here is a document that was prepared for the article on the mock tuning that appeared in the PTG Journal this year: http://midwestptg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Mock-Exam.pdf
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: VPC1 and MP11 touchweights by dire tonic @ Yesterday at 08:11 AM

- the very few Steinways I've played were almost all lighter than my VPC1. A Yamaha I used to gig on regularly was probably around the same as the VPC1 - if memory serves. I don't think we've had any specific downweight data reported by GP owners
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: KAWAI MP11 Satisfaction by ChoPraTs @ Yesterday at 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Abby PianomanCongratulations on your purchase. You should have talked to Andreu in Palma De Mallorca though, he would have shipped you one within 5 days. That's how long it took to receive mine. Yes... but for now I'm very hap
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to Find a Teacher by John v.d.Brook @ Yesterday at 07:59 AM

Sorry for the late reply. However, the problem of finding the right teacher is not an issue of quantity, the greater Baltimore area probably enjoys a surfeit of 1,500 or more piano teachers. The question is how to find the best fit for you. Basica
Jump to new posts Schumann Humoreske (Humoresque) Op.20 by BachMach2 @ Yesterday at 05:58 AM

I decided to set myself a challenge. Selecting a broad work of duration around 30 minutes, I would make one take. This received under 15 hours rehearsal with 2-3 hours technical work pretty much exclusively devoted to the concluding 12 bars (and wha
Jump to new posts Chopin Etude in C# minor No.7 from Op.25 set by BachMach2 @ Yesterday at 05:50 AM

This is played a little slow by traditional standards, but it is the one etude I prefer slower than faster. Here is my effort. Chopin Etude in C# minor Opus 25 Number 7 https://app.box.com/s/mcwqduazi1qcoly6k08g
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Beat This Dead Horse Thread by sinophilia @ Yesterday at 03:52 AM

So I bought a wrench and I'm going to tune my piano myself using a guitar tuning app on the iPad. Can I make this into a profession?
Adult Beginners Forum
I was just asking because it looked all over piano was paid. "Now it is all over, I can tell you"
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Did Bach’s wife write his finest works?
by CarlosCC
10/30/14 09:24 AM
Szanto Bach Prelude Fugue A minor
by bkthugs10214
10/30/14 09:13 AM
Steinway officially relocates flagship store.
by Jonathan Baker
10/30/14 09:00 AM
Advice please
by Ems' Mum
10/30/14 05:14 AM
Help identify the piano action
by Kumi_27
10/30/14 04:16 AM
Who's Online
142 registered (ajames, Alan T., accordeur, alberto, 36 invisible), 1533 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76702 Members
42 Forums
158615 Topics
2329487 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission