Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
144 registered (Alexander Borro, accordeur, Achilleas, anamnesis, 43 invisible), 1842 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etudes Opus 25 Numbers 5 & 11 (winter wind) by jeffreyjones @ Yesterday at 06:21 PM

Nyíregyházi was a miraculously gifted musician who had a mental illness. BachMach2, who appears perfectly lucid, should not be pretending to have either the talent nor the handicap of that Hungarian pianist.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C? by Derulux @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: HakkiYes, you need to compress. We are all on internet, hearing through our computer speakers or headphones. It won't matter much. Saving with Windows phone small setting at moviemaker compresses video down to 320x240 pixels
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Funeral for a mouse. On Ivory gold. by Firefinch @ Yesterday at 06:06 PM

Here is the link - here
Hi, just my two cents about possible changes to the ES100 - No display! This was important in my case as otherwise my wife would have vetoed an "ugly" keyboard in our household. - Midi and USB yes but not USB alone. MIDI alone is more fl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you play tonight? by peterws @ Yesterday at 06:01 PM

"Total Eclipse of the Heart". Bonnie Tyler makes a cracking job of singing it. I bought the music yesterday. Written in numerous different keys, it's going to be great fun whacking this out! 7 pages long. . . .its a good piano arrangemen
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P105 velocity problem by Yamaha p-105b @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

thanks for the advice. i will give it a try and let u know if it worked.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin, Prelude Op. 28/4 by Semei @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Excellent! You have the correct tempo - Largo! I am so sick and tired of hearing andantino played by everybody. One thing though, please have your piano tuned!
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Free improvisation, post yours. by Nahum @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Free expromt : http://www.filefactory.com/file/2q2sw99d12ah/n/free_Expromt.mp3
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: collard & collard by joe80 @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Collard and Collard were an English make that were dissolved in the 1930s I think, and the name was bought by Kemble. The firm grew out of Clementi and Co, Clementi being the composer who was also a piano maker. His music, thankfully, is making som
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Weber Baby Grand Piano - $600, My Next Fixer-upper? by Paul678 @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Ok, just took a look at this one. Only one white key had a small chip in it, the rest were in good shape. To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was real ivory or the fake ivory with simulated grain. It seemed too uniform to be real ivory. I could no
Jump to new posts Re: Hamer Height, Strike Point, and Weight...oh my! by A454.7 @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

Agreed: over saturation in pianos these days is a very serious problem. It is so common and persistent, that most techs seem to have become immune and show no signs of reaction.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hailun 161 vs johannes seiler gs-160 by JonathanNV @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

When I was shopping for my first grand piano earlier this year, the Hailun 178 and the Seiler ES-168 were my second and first runner up, respectively. Because of the shape and installation of the Seiler's soundboard in particular, that piano's tone
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Johan B @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Cobra1365What got me excited....I went back through my lesson book and found Autumn Leaves. I haven't played it for quite a while....first time through was actually recognizable! Baby steps! Cobra......baby steps will become
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting Thesis comparing popular methods by musicpassion @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: AZNpianoOne that has interesting music all the way through. No clunkers. +1
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: C. Bechstein M-180 made for American climate? by Twindad @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Thanks Russell. Appreciate the background info - great to know! Steve
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Dennis R in WA @ Yesterday at 02:35 PM

USER LOCATION: Spokane, WA MAKE: Casio MODEL: CDP-230R CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $402.18 (this includes sales tax) DELIVERY CHARGE: None VENDOR LOCATION: Spokane, WA VENDOR NAME: Costco PURCHASE DATE: 11/01/14 I am just beginning to learn how to p
Piano Forum
I didn't mention that it did need $800 in cabinet work for minor sratches and two chips on the lid and side. They are throwing that in on the price. I'm sort of familiar with yamaha and which ones are better than others. This one really does feel and
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer felt repairs. Advice Please by Chris Leslie @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

"Hammer felt tips" could also mean simply " hammer heads". In which case, the missing ones could be in the dirt down the bottom of the piano, and those and the loose ones need gluing back on the shank.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1st ever Cape Cod Ragtime Festival by Jon Page @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

If someone in this area wants to check out a few different temperaments, I have three similar Yamaha consoles in ET, KVEW, and Koval Mild Victorian (my favorite). Give me a call to drop by the shop and check them out.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: As a teacher would this irritate you? by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

First, I'm glad you enjoy recitals. That's a good thing and you should keep your zest/zeal permanently. I would ask both your current teacher and former teacher if this recital thing is okay. Most likely both will agree it's fine.
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: midi files by Grandpianoman @ Yesterday at 01:01 PM

Some good links here: http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/links.htm
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Re: Listing of Electronic Player System Techs? by daniokeeper @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Hey thanks Grandpianoman I'll get to work. -Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Concert prep by SMHaley @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

Good points again. In my instrument curating role I should probably consider such tools just to encourage establishing a stable environment. The humidity can swing 34% (28-62) throughout a year, and I think such evidence could make for a valuable c
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts pew pew by rpw @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

boom
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Free collection of intermediate to very advanced Xmas music by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

I have a gigantic collection of Xmas music I've collected from various internet sites and purchases. Most are late intermediate through very advanced. If you are interested in my collection please send me a PM with your email address, and I will send
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Daily temperature swings
by Stubbie
11/26/14 11:45 AM
New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B
by chasingrainbows
11/26/14 11:17 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
by musdan
11/26/14 10:07 AM
Book about Alice Herz-Sommer, pianist and holocaust survivor
by neuralfirings
11/26/14 09:20 AM
What does a dealer have to reveal?
by chasingrainbows
11/26/14 09:09 AM
Forum Stats
77053 Members
42 Forums
159366 Topics
2341043 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission