Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
112 registered (ando, al reds, augustm, anamnesis, 28 invisible), 1587 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Play at very fast pace without shifting the beat by Nahum @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

In "Caravan" just for the sport has reached the tempo of 336 bpm (on melodica) , accompanied by claves - without internal tension and beats shifting . So claves help! I wonder - whose is this patent?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Skipping a method book level by AZNpiano @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By pianoMom2006FWIW- My son skipped Faber 2A in second grade and it's had no ill effect on him. He went from Bastien level 1 in 1st grade to Faber 2B. He completed Level 3 (Glover/Carr) last year. I don't understand why teachers s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Searching for the Right Piano Lamp..... by PianoWorksATL @ Yesterday at 12:50 PM

That's a challenging combination because, up until now, virtually all of the LED upright piano lamps have been in black, brass or nickel finishes. For antique brass/antique gold, there are many choices using traditional incandescent bulbs from the p
Adult Beginners Forum
The turn is executed B-A#-Gx-A#. The double-sharped G at the bottom of the turn is, of course, sounded as A natural and means the turn is executed by half-steps.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The birthday tradition by D. S. F. @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Here is the latest incarnation of musical birthday fantasies: https://app.box.com/s/y9j8b8tqieaoidy0na9ffywq1gxjphb9
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Difference between Kawai pianos by Carey @ Yesterday at 11:56 AM

K300 - good choice !!!!!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-30 review + nekkid pics by ivorytux @ Yesterday at 11:33 AM

I agree that technique was very likely part of my issue. It's amazing how adaptable the human mind is, after spending more time on it, I'm no longer having the issue of notes not sounding, and still loving the SUPERNatural pianos! I've been taking a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slowly narrowing my selection by Rwingguy @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

You should try to find some rebuilt Steinway A's, the real sweet spot in the Steinway lineup, both tone- and price-wise, especially since you liked the L you tried. (Maybe check out Chupp's in New Paris, Indiana... no too far a ride. They are suppose
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Royalty Free Classical Music for Presentation Slides by jerseycat @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Try http://www.freemusicpublicdomain.com/ all of their music is available for free to use in your personal presentations. If it's for commercial use, they have a standard license for $25. Lots of great piano instrumentals. One of my favorites is &quo
Jump to new posts Re: Need help choosing a piano by brooster @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

The Korg iM1 app for the iPad has lots of nice sounds for a very low price. It could supplement the sound in your piano.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a new 48" piano by Greener @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

A 48" acoustic is a big and usually loud piano. It will likely be years before she grows into it. Meanwhile, your daughter would likely be just as happy with something smaller. One thing you know, is that you want a quality instrument and you
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading a score with bifocals by bogbrush @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

I have progressive lenses which go from close reading distance to computer distance. I don't use glasses for distance viewing (driving, watching TV, etc.) I have found that whilst I can wear the progressives for piano playing and reading the score,
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: (Slow) Blues repertoire and tips by PianoMath @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By Albert BrightenLessons are taught in tiers 1-7 though you purchase a subscription of 3 levels: 1-3, 3-5, or 5-7. I'm doing 3-5 and usually starting at the 4 first. 6 & 7's are very challenging unless you regularly play in a b
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: A Ride On the Wind by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:37 AM

Very effective! I can really feel the wind beneath me lifting me to the heavens. Thanks for another delicious treat!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts The Pesky Plumber by JoelW @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

http://picosong.com/zJcS/
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone please give me a free link for VST by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

Originally Posted By Kawai JamesHere you go.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Also, here's some pics for anyone who's interested: https://goo.gl/photos/wSfm4nZ6jo5ppK7y9
Jump to new posts Re: New Kawai CA67 - Need Brighter Sound... help? by Maartin @ Yesterday at 06:41 AM

I find at the default 'Normal' touch setting and Normal/Dynamic voicing quite a hard touch is required to get a bright sound. So I would suggest changing to the 'Light' touch setting and/or adjusting voicing to 'Bright1' or 'Bright2'. Also the Stan
Member Recordings
Thanks for the dreamy unforgettable childhood memories! "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams!" #WillyWonka #GeneWilder RIP 1933-2016 Piano Cover of Willy Wonka's "Pure Imagination" https://youtu.be/dMpL3yS
Jump to new posts Re: roland lx17 ringing sounds by Tim P @ Yesterday at 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By OrgantoPianoI have to agree. When I was a student at Westminster Choir College, I had the wonderful opportunity to sing several times a year with the New York Philharmonic. Watching the oboists before the concert was fascinating
Pianist Corner
This sounds simply grand! Congratulations on getting to premiere and tour with this piece. I'm sure it'll be quite successful and a lot of fun. I hope a CD or DVD is made, I'd buy it.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Hyperactivity by Polyphonist @ 08/29/16 09:27 PM

http://picosong.com/zmi4/
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgtHV4BAz-4
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts NPTG syllabus--help!!! by chasingrainbows @ 08/29/16 09:05 PM

I have a few parents who are very interested in competitions for their children. Interestingly, it's the students who can't read notes well, are not musical, do not want to sight sing, and/or lack rhythm. I received a draft syllabus from the Guild
Jump to new posts Re: Nord Piano 3 anyone? by cphollis @ 08/29/16 09:04 PM

I expect to hear much more in the next few weeks. Looks like the supply chain has just opened up.
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
Piano Summit 2017 - Join Us!
along with Chick Corea, Jonathan Cain,Set Rudetsky, Ray Chew, Onree Gill ...
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Calculator Looks Like Piano Keyboard
Calculator that looks like a piano keyboard
Piano Keyboard Calculator

New in the Piano World online store (PianoSupplies.com) now.
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Helping you become a better player
(ad)
Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Avantgrand Touch settings
by Chris Warren
08/31/16 10:54 AM
Lounge Lizard -- AAS Summer Sale - $99
by Charles Cohen
08/31/16 10:43 AM
New edition of a biography of Scott Joplin and a review
by Jake Jackson
08/31/16 10:25 AM
delete thread wrong section
by Cutestpuppie
08/31/16 09:52 AM
DIY: Who does your key cover monikers?
by LanceMilton
08/31/16 12:16 AM
Forum Stats
84,830 Registered Members
44 Forums
174,876 Topics
2,551,872 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission