Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Essex EGP 155 or Yamaha Gc1 by Minnesota Marty @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

Hi Pianomom - Welcome to Piano World! You are certainly are not the first one to be in this conundrum. Both of the instruments you have mentioned are good serviceable pianos. My preference, tonally, is for the Essex. You might call around to deal
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Faber Graduates by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

Nice to hear from you folks. All we need now is littlebirdblue, rpw, and PFred to chime in and everyone will be accounted for. I've spent a month at Level 3A and the pieces are getting a bit harder. However, in typical Faber fashion this new mat
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FOYD - Focus On Your Domain by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

It sounds like Schumann is doing a good job of challenging everyone. I love these themed recitals to introduce me to new music I might have otherwise not tried! I was not that familiar with much Schumann other than Traumerei, but I have listened to
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok "The Chase" from "Out of Doors" by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: CanCakmurDear Pianoloverus I wonder what I was thinking when I said I am not a Kissin fan. Although he has never been one of my favourite pianists, I adore his amazing technical facility and his most extraordinary phrasing and s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need tool to repair DP by bellspiano @ Yesterday at 12:57 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't understand any of this -- maybe your post would do well in the Digital Piano Forum?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: San Marino competition by outo @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: outoOriginally Posted By: pianoloverusOriginally Posted By: outo If these young pianists think “expressing” in their face and body will transfer into the playing and to the listener, it really d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: It's Never Too Late by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 11:40 AM

Thanks for your post. Now that I have invested both time and money into piano studies (my time is more valuable), it would be devastating to suffer some kind of injury or medical condition that would either diminish or remove my capacity to play and
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok "The Night's Music" from Out of Doors by Hakki @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Very well played, and presented. Bravo! I would just like to hear the overlap section in a more balanced manner, keeping all sounds at equal volume. Thanks for sharing.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Fall 2014 Piano Buyer now online by Larry Fine @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

The Fall 2014 issue of Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer is now online at www.pianobuyer.com . The print version will be available in mid-October, and can be ordered now at Piano Buyer -- Buy Books . In this issue, in addition to the reference ma
Jump to new posts Need tool to repair DP by TampaGuy @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

I know it's a shot-in-the-dark, but is there anyone in the Tampa Bay area who has a working hot air rework station they wouldn't mind letting me use? I'm repairing the main board in a DP and need to swap out the SMD caps. I'd need maybe 2 hours to co
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Educating Lucas by Bill Bremmer RPT @ Yesterday at 10:05 AM

Too late to edit but correction: that is a Kawai RX-6 grand piano. Nice instrument!
Jump to new posts Re: Studio monitor various placement positions? by Mta88 @ Yesterday at 08:20 AM

Hi guys.. So I shifted the speaker a bit.. put it on a stool instead of a desk and that seemed to do the trick .. to some extent at least.. eventually i'll get a pair of studio monitor stands for the job but for the time being this seems to work. I
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha c1 or GC2 by BrianDX @ Yesterday at 07:50 AM

myip; It seems you have two nice choices here. Please keep in mind that even the 2003 is over 11 years old, and depending on how it was used, cared for, and maintained it may have more issues than the 1996. However, if both were to pass muster fro
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vertical - used Steinway vs. new Bechstein? by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: PhilipInChinaGood chance to start another exchange of posts denigrating a leading brand. Anybody like to start? OK, since you asked. Vika's Steinway Z has even more views than Rickster's piano adventure but I don't care for its
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by Patonpiano @ Yesterday at 06:22 AM

Hello fellow piano lovers! Im a new user and have been playing piano for about 3 years, self taught, never had a lesson. Trying to take it a little more seriously now, and getting my self a teacher and studying for an AMEB exam. I play mainly video
The Sonar Studio version is cheaper than the Producer version. It comes with less tools and instruments than in the Producer. Take a look in the comparison: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions The studio can make what you want but it do
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How muchis action regulation? by backto_study_piano @ Yesterday at 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: dcnm50Hi in the piano buying "game", the key is DON'T RUSH. I will stop here. Hi - Sorry - I didn't realise that you don't play - but the same principles apply - don't rush, play plenty of pianos, work out what is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bradbury Petite Baby Grand--$10,000...? by Ben_NZ @ Yesterday at 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: andoI'm confused - is it $1,000 or $10,000? I'm seeing both figures and it's a rather critical point in the equation. $1000 was the seller's asking price. $10,000 is what the first technician said he'd advertise the piano at i
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Incredibly short fugue by Olek @ Yesterday at 04:31 AM

I would begin with a less harsh first phrase then turn to more tortured later. Indeed as said this is not a fugue, really. An invention possibly, but I am not expert enough to say why.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: large fingers playing up the action by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:26 AM

Looking carefully at the Waller picture, I think it may be a posed shot, he's not really playing. There's no motion blur anywhere, particularly not on his fingers. Here's what he's doing: L5 is on Gb2. L4 and L3 are relaxed and not playing.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai MP6 and settings via MIDI by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 01:56 AM

Ewen, yes, I believe it's possible to adjust basic settings to a certain extent, but the MP6's MIDI implementation is nowhere near as thorough as that of the MP7. Cheers, James x
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New start - wish me good luck:) by FarmGirl @ Yesterday at 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ZikOHi FarmGirl, I also wish you all the best and good luck at new work. Any plans related to piano are always great. Apart from holidays, I've never missed a single day to practice. The piano hooked me completely. I sincerely
Jump to new posts Re: DP Shopping in Paris by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: tanjinjackJames, I am really interested in more of the Kawai models. Would you have any more recommendation about other Kawai DP that performs similarly like the ES7? If you are willing to forgo portability, the CN24/CN34 may a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Double Copper Bass Strings vs Single by phacke @ Yesterday at 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: BDBSorry, I have no idea what Mr. McMorrow might be hearing. Without knowing what he is hearing, I cannot venture a guess why he is hearing it. OK, Thanks for your comments. Best regards-
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What about Samick's Concert grands? by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: aesopBut some of them have just told their experiences. If I were a new comer, I would never mind as long as I thought they were telling their true feelings in a sincere way, even if I might dislike those words. Ok... and I to
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
MIDI to USB adapters?
by Mark NM
Today at 12:32 PM
Need help IDing grandfather's 1920s piano exam piece
by Valencia
Today at 11:42 AM
That awkward non-playing hand...
by TX-Bluebonnet
Today at 11:15 AM
New Kawai CE220
by Dr John 48
Today at 09:23 AM
Piano covers
by Jamie
Today at 08:51 AM
Who's Online
155 registered (255, Almaviva, ando, amv256, AmateurBob, 45 invisible), 1372 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76219 Members
42 Forums
157561 Topics
2314330 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission